Windows Support Forum

Wireless Laptop Sucks

Q: Wireless Laptop Sucks

So I got this new Compaq Presario CQ57 with some upgraded graphics, upgraded processor, all that good stuff, but every time I try to do something or go online, after a while it just stops being connected. The Network and Sharing center says that I'm connected, and I haven't accidentally hit the button to turn Wi-Fi off, but it's seemingly at random and I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Laptop Sucks

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless Laptop Sucks

What website? Try news.goolge.com and browse about there for awhile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-laptop-sucks.203931/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a computer connected to a netgear WEP router. When I have the computer wired, my internet is blazing fast. When I go wireless, on the same network, 10 feet away from the router, my connection drops to almost nothing... like 30 seconds to load google nothing. What is causing this insane speed drop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-absolutely-sucks-244707.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I don't remember how many times my computer got frozen since I install a NetGear 11mbs WG3T wireless card to my computer. I got a modem/router AOL, it's in the main floor, and my room is in the second floor. I tried every angles of the receptor, they said the best was 45 and 0 degree. The networking signal strength sometimes was slow, sometimes good, very good or very slow. Then this is real problem: I download a file 5 Mb, it begin download really fast, then, suddenly, scan virus schedule appeared, Froze!!!
I restart again, fix the connection, then I sulf net, after 10 minutes, I thought it's over, 11th minute , FROZE!!!!( that's what I screamed). Help me!!!

A:I began to scream, God, Wireless Network sucks (sorry)

If your computer is freezing it most likely has nothing to do with the internet connection. I would recommend, if possible, running a few virus and spyware scans. There may also be a conflict with the Netgear adapter drivers. Go to the Netgear site to make sure you have the latest driver.

WHat type of security do you have. I think i remeber having a similar problem like this when the wireless was using WPA encryption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-began-to-scream-god-wireless-network-sucks-sorry.369339/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am trying to improve the life of my laptop battery to last at least 1-2 hours. This laptop I have is from 03 and battery will last about 20 minutes while idling at the desktop. Yes I know very sad. Any ideas?

A:Laptop battery sucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by j1994

I am trying to improve the life of my laptop battery to last at least 1-2 hours. This laptop I have is from 03 and battery will last about 20 minutes while idling at the desktop. Yes I know very sad. Any ideas?

I think your battery has just about died a natural death. 03????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-battery-sucks-502319.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, my HP laptop has 3GB of RAM and a core 2 duo. I have done a clean install of windows 7 twice. I turn it on and it works great. Then after a while, the hard drive light goes solid, and i dont hear any clicking. It runs extremely slow! It takes forever to shutdown, but when i reboot it it turns on great then does the same thing. Please help, Brock.
It is a HP DV6000

A:HP laptop runs great when i boot, but then it SUCKS!

Are all your drivers updated? How many programs do you have running in the background?

Edit ... the Motherboard on that model was recalled See this Google page http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=hp+dv6000+motherboard+recall&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=+HP+DV6000+motherboard&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=c341562a61b59af3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368377/hp-laptop-runs-great-when-i-boot-but-then-it-sucks/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have no idea how to fix this i just got a new modem but still its messed up so plz help

A:my connection speed sucks on one laptop but is good on my other and desktop

With absolutely no information about your equipment listed we really wouldn't know where to start. Please list exact manufacturer, models of the computers, and the same for the Modem and Router if it is not part of the Modem. Also you should request that a Moderator move this to the Networking Forum where you will likely get better responses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-connection-speed-sucks-on-one-laptop-but-is-good-on-my-other-and-desktop.1140313/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a printer (with wireless capability) wired to desktop (Windows XP) and a wireless laptop (Windows 7). My question is, can the printer be connected wirelessly to the laptop as well as wired to the desktop, or does everything have to be wireless?
Another question: If I want to share files between the two computers, do they both have to be the same operating system? (one is Windows XP and the other is Windows 7)

A:Solved: Wireless Laptop/Wireless Desktop (via wireless adapter)/ printer

I would guess that the printer can be connected by ethernet and wireless, but I've never had one with both capabilities so I don't really know.

I once had a printer that worked OK connected to a network plus connected to another computer by USB. Even so, that may depend on the particular printer.

There may be two operating systems that cannot file share with each other but I don't know which ones that might be. Windows XP and 7 are fine sharing with each other (but not claiming that nobody has had any problems).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-wireless-desktop-via-wireless-adapter-printer.1054838/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

My laptop can't connect to my router, everyone else can but mine just wont connect. It has connected to the internet through the router a couple of times but it will only last for a minute or so and then the connection would be lost.

I have a windows XP laptop, my router is a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9, and is connected to a modem.

My wireless card detects the connection but it just can't connect to it. When I tried to set up the router using the provided installation CD, it detected said that the modem wasn't being detected.

I appreciate any help I can get on this!

A:Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-connect-to-wireless-router-hard-wired-or-wireless-neither.897535/
Relevancy 40.85%

This seems 1 can't laptop visit certain router Solved: Wireless on wireless sites like it is isolated enough to figure out So there s a home network with desktops that are wired and laptops that are wireless The wireless laptop has had a fresh reinstall of windows Solved: Wireless laptop can't visit certain sites on 1 wireless router XP all updates The problem Solved: Wireless laptop can't visit certain sites on 1 wireless router is that the laptop has problems connecting to certain sites When we browse to some sites the images won t dowload i think it times out and it shows boxes with Xs in them some sites work fine but some always bad We ve tried the laptop on a different wireless network in a different location and everything worked fine We ve also tried it at the home network with a wired connection and again it works fine The other laptop works fine in the home network wirelessly The problem only happens when the laptop is on wireless on this router I have tried lowering the MTU settings another thing that may be related the problem started around the same time as we initially added the nd laptop to the network it may have been a few days before or after But when the nd laptop is turned off the problem persists Thanks for any help you might volunteer nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless laptop can't visit certain sites on 1 wireless router

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-cant-visit-certain-sites-on-1-wireless-router.648426/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 40.85%

Nowadays wireless router is a basic device at home because wireless access point AP is required Sometime a wireless repeater is also needed in a big house especially that with a big yard Actually without wireless router only a Windows laptop can be turned into a WiFi hotpot or a wireless repeater Many Wireless with Laptop Wireless Windows Adapter One Turn into Repeater 7 discussions can be found Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter online regarding how to turn Windows laptop into a WiFi AP or virtual WIFI hotpot however the internet surfing is based on a local area connection If wanna extend a WIFI signal to an enhanced new wireless AP generally two wireless adapters are considered Here differently with only one wireless adapter but without rd-party software we can setup a wireless repeater in a Windows Home Basic or Home Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter Premium laptop with only one wireless adapter This can boost the wireless signal to smartphones tablet computers or other wireless devices Also the mobility and flexibility allow extending the signal to a yard or a garage conveniently as you want It is known that a virtual wireless adapter can be created with a third party software or only Windows built-in commands But in Windows Home Basic or Home Premium usually the virtual wireless adapter cannot be created or a hosted network cannot be started I found a specific approach to clear the issues We can follow the steps successful setup in my two Windows Home laptops Click Start point to All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator A virtual wireless adapter can be created by command of netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid sameabcd key where sameabcd is your new ssid of the virtual AP key is the password for virtual AP If the virutal adapter named 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' cannot be created we have a specific method here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Local Area Connection to Wireless Network Connection see Fig again run the command above usually the virtual wireless adapter can be created If not update the driver of the wireless adapter If no again it means the wireless adapter does not support hosted network When the 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' is created delete the bridge immediately Fig Start hosted network by netsh wlan start hostednetwork If the hosted network cannot be started similarly we still have a specific approach here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection as shown in Fig run the above command again usually the hosted network can be started Then delete the bridge immediately and run the command again Go to Control Panel gt Network and Sharing Center gt Change adapter settings Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties Go to the Sharing tab and check quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot Then at the quot Select a private network connection quot drop down menu select Wireless Network Connection and click the OK button Searching the new created wireless signal you can now get your smartphone tablet computer or any wireless device connected to the new WiFi AP If do not need wireless repeater just stop it by netsh wlan stop hostednetwork to stop the wireless hosted network This method is free and no any rd-party software is required After you set up the hosted network for the first time you can just start or stop it by running following two batch files as administrator start bat netsh wlan start hostednetwork stop bat netsh wlan stop hostednetwork Or only one batch file as attached start-stop zip

A:Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter

This method is available for starting soft AP of Windows 7 Home Premium laptop when set up repeater, some third party softwares or methods can create soft AP for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254729-turn-windows-7-laptop-into-wireless-repeater-one-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been working on my laptop this morning. After a one-hour break, when I came back to work, my wireless mouse and my wireless keyboard were no longer working on my laptop Pavilion 6g. I check the Parameters, and these two accessories appear to be undetected by the laptop. The operating system of  my laptop is Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-mouse-and-wireless-keyboard-undetected-by-my-laptop/td-p/5663887
Relevancy 40.42%

I've just bought a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614v7, installed it fine and it runs the internet fine through the Ethernet cable.

My question which might sound silly is How do I now make my laptop run Wireless?

I have a HP laptop with build in Wireless Card.

I can run the internet through the Ethernet cable no problem at all. Just need to know how I configure my laptop wireless.

If I go into network connections in control panel It says I'm connected to my network.

But if I unplug the Ethernet cable I can't access the internet.

It's probably something simple but i just don't know what.

A:Installed Wireless router but how do I make my laptop wireless

It may be simple, but without some information about what you have and what you are trying we can only guess. How about starting by showing us the following while connected via wireless and ethernet both.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-wireless-router-but-how-do-i-make-my-laptop-wireless.608870/
Relevancy 39.56%

My work laptop got hit with some malware. Our computer tech reinstalled the operating system.

I've brought it home to do some work but now cannot connect to my wireless at home.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Wireless Laptop is not recognizing any wireless connections

If you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on?

Any warnings or errors in Device Manager? Does the wireless adapter show under Network Adapters?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-is-not-recognizing-any-wireless-connections.882688/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I have a Linksys Wireless Internet Router g and everything connects fine except one of my laptops I have computers attached to this network a Linksys Wireless Wireless Laptop - Router base computer which connects directly into the router desktops which use a Linksys USB routers a Laptop which uses a linksys Network PC Card and another Laptop Sony Vaio which has an on-board g wireless network receiver Everything was working fine three days ago but every morning when I try to use the Vaio I get this Wireless Linksys Router - Wireless Laptop message Wireless Network Connection Stats Limited or no connectivity So I try to re-configure the laptop by putting the WEP key and everything back in but I still do not have complete network access The only way to restore the network access on the Vaio it seems is to re-configure the settings on the router - then go in and reconnect through the Vaio Please help do I need linksys software to manage the wireless on the Vaio Or should letting windows configure my wireless network settings be OK THANKS - any input is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Linksys Router - Wireless Laptop

Hi,

I know it seems kind of obvious, but have you tried putting the Vaio with the problem next to the wireless hot spot? I had a problem like this, and I found when I moved my laptios to different locations in the house, it worked. If this still fails to work, I would try making sure all the drivers are up to date for the wireless network card on the laptop, and if possible, testing it on another hot spot. If this is still failing, it would seem there is a problem with the wireless network card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-linksys-router-wireless-laptop.376980/
Relevancy 39.56%

Is it possible to have a wireless laptop and wireless printer communicate with each other without being on a network? Would I just need to set up ad hoc mode?

A:Wireless laptop to wireless printer w/o internet - possible?

I guess you would have to see if the wireless printer supports ad-hoc. I know most wireless network cards do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-to-wireless-printer-w-o-internet-possible.404583/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey I ve been working on this problem for a little bit so I hope I can find some help here My internet is Desktop Wireless Wireless XP vs. Vista Laptop pay by the month wireless Use the name and password XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless they give to log in threw a browser to get internet I m not sure this matters since XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless my issue is with wireless connectivity but I figured I d through it out there I have two computers One is a self built desktop XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless running XP Pro and using a WMP N wireless card The other is a Dell XPS M running Vista Business using a Intel Pro Wireless ABG Let me know if more system specs are needed The wireless connection that is offered isn t the best out there Signal strength usually isn t too high and every now and then its non-existent The thing is many times when its non-existent on my desktop its there on my laptop Or my desktop will drop connection every now and then or like its doing today it will loose and quickly re-establish connection about every to minutes But again my laptop has no issues And my laptop works no matter where it is and its usually right next to my desktop My best guess is it s either something with the wireless cards or the operating system cause I can t see anything else really effecting it The one thing I do notice is that when I look at my wireless connection on Vista is it will show multiple connections While XP just shows quot Network Name quot Vista will show quot Network Name quot quot Network Name quot quot Network Name quot and quot Network Name quot for example But again I m just guessing Any help would be great let me know if any more information would be usefull nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello there We have a WRT One Solved: slow laptop...HELP!! fast network Wireless one laptop, - N Linksys router updated firmware with very recent Solved: Wireless network - One fast laptop, one slow laptop...HELP!! laptops Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GB RAM -bit running Windows - fully updated connected to our wireless network Last week everything was fine Two days ago the internet connection for my laptop became intermittently VERY slow The internet service we have is for mbps I did a speed test but didn t have enough quot juice quot to finish the test Even if I load google com the page would time out or say that the server is down Downloading of email is also intermittently VERY slow I am unable to play any online games as my connection is not fast enough The other laptop works perfectly fine I scanned for viruses using Avira for malware using MalwareBytes and ran diagnostic tests for my wireless card All seems fine I called my ISP and they said that all is fine on their side We tried unplugging the router modem and rebooting the computer - no change I downloaded Xirrus WiFi Monitor and have enclosed the screenshot as well as my IP config all In my device manager I have the following under Network Adapters all updated Intel LF Gigabit Network Connection Intel WiFi Link AGN Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter My friend says it could be because of Second Life and all the java plugins it requires I could have a problem What could this be Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network - One fast laptop, one slow laptop...HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-one-fast-laptop-one-slow-laptop-help.967083/
Relevancy 39.13%

this sight has been of no help to me.
i haven't gotten any answers at all
what's the deal?

A:this sucks

There are a lot of posters and you just need to be patient. I'm closing this thread. Watch your other one for replies. You can post in it again to bring it back to the top, but please do not abuse this ability and do it too often. Someone will no doubt respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-sucks.376922/
Relevancy 39.13%

Okay, I didn't know where to post this so I decided here would be alright.

MSN 7.5 always likes to have little problems going on, and lots of down time. Now I can't login without it freezing.

It shows that I'm online in the task bar, and other people see me signing in, but it likes to freeze just before my contacts show up.

I've tried reinstalling, many times. MSN Live doesn't work either, plus I refuse to use it anyway because I don't like the look of it.

I have a Gateway GT5082
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
BFG 7900 GT
2GB ram

Any more information I'll post if someone asks.

A:MSN sucks. HELP

Plenty of grunt there mate, but i think it is a system file issue. Try to Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized) (Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

In all likelihood you will be prompted to insert the Windows XP CD. - courtesy of geekgirl

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/msn-sucks-help-126535.html
Relevancy 39.13%

AVG LET SOME TROJAN VIRUS DL ON MY SYSTEM WHILE I WAS WATCHING T.V. IT DL'ED AND REBOOTED MY SYSTEM AND INSTALL A FAKE ANTIVIRIUS PROGRAM CALL ANTIVIRUSXP 2009. I WASN'T EVEN USING MY PC IT WAS JUST ON. WHAT'S THE ******* PURPOSE OF THIS STUPID *** ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS? I HAD AVG & WINDOWS DEFENDER RUNNING AND IT JUST LET THIS **** ON MY SYSTEM! WHY THE **** WOULD I PAY FOR A ANTIVIRUS THAT DOESN'T WORK? THE STUPID **** FINDS THE VIRUS BUT WON'T DELETE THE ****! SPYWARE DOCTOR, SEARCH AND DESTROY, & MALWARESOMESHIT ALL DOES THE SAME ****. ABSOLUTLY NOTHING I AM SICK & TIRED OF REFORMATING MY PC EVERYTIME THIS **** GETS ON MY SYSTEM. I AM FILLING A LAW SUIT AGAINST THE MAKERS OF THIS CRAP AND THE MAKERS OF AVG,SPYWARE DOCTOR, WINDOWS DEFENDER, SEARCH AND DESTROY, MALWARESOMESHIT & MICROSOFT.

A:Avg Sucks ***!

None Of This ****** Software Works! It's A ******* Game! And I Am About To Get Paid From These Clown Companies Their Are 1365 People On This Lawsuit At The Present Time. IT'S SIMULAR TO THE STATE OF WASHINGTON LAWSUIT

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/avg-sucks-309035.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Okay I need help for the last time with this program. I need to get winxp off of my system.. I have had so much trouble with it. I have tried and tried to be one with this program and cant get anywhere. I am running win xp Pro. I have reformatted and put this on to try and remedy old probs with win xp pro. I want my win 98 back. How do i go about refomatting back to win 98. because there are no traces of win 98 on my computer what so ever. HELP!!!!!

cheekies

Relevancy 39.13%

Ok so I was using my laptop Doing some coding and messing around on my virtual machine and then I had started up my pc Had a USB stick plugged in noticed that my Kingston gb was plugged in when I booted I thought nothing of sucks. This it and let the computer This sucks. boot because I didn't want to improperly shut down windows So windows loaded then it lagged at the welcome This sucks. screen I thought hmm that's strange and the scripts I have been making are to lock down a computer for a This sucks. customer dibble accesses to C drive disable cmd block registry changes from non admins etc so when windows loaded up I safely removed the USB and started working on my virtualbox machine I noticed my computer was sorta slow host but I thought hey stuff is still starting up then I exited out of my virtualbox and then googled some stuff opened comodo dragon then I stumbled upon something called DNS leaks so seeing as the NSA spying has kinda got me paranoid I clicked on the first link and it did a DNS test it reported that some servers can see my DNS traffic I thought that was strange because none of the servers were registered to AT amp T ISP or Comodo because I use their DNS so I was going to run the cmd command to see what networks I was connected to I hit run then started cmd exe and it said cmd exe could not be found and then that's when I went oh crap Because I thought maybe I had run one of my scripts on my host so I went to open up comodo again to search for the reverse of the disable cmd Comodo exe is not a valid shortcut would you like windows to delete this invalid shortcut Or whatever windows says when a shortcut is broken so then I started to panic because I have my school work on there though from last year and my music my music is worth about I have over k tracks of music so I restarted probably a bad idea the computer started up faster but the HD was crunching away when it finally started up I was missing my wallpaper and except for the wifi volume and mbam tray icon all of my tray icons were gone and then I went to start task manager and the dreaded taskmgr exe cannot be found so then I freaked out and shut down the computer and popped in my kaspersky rescue USB I'm currently updating it and I will do a scan I have steam installed though I don't have my credit card number saved there I'm just horrified what could of happened I don't remember visiting any sites that could harm my computer unless I as hit by a drive by and my antivirus didn't catch it I'm currently typing on my IPad so I'm sorry for misspellings I'm just horrified that if I start my laptop in windows again more will be deleted

A:This sucks.

Right now I'm kinda stuck, I don't wanna boot up windows or more will be gobbled up. And I'm horrified that its a network virus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500799/this-sucks/
Relevancy 39.13%

i have winxp i downloaded a virus, i dont remember the name of it, but after i had opened it i scanned it so i knew it was one..i thought i disinfected it but after i restarted my computer i couldnt get into windows...

im posting this with my other computer...i really dont want to reformat the other computer because i have like 3 half done reports that i was working on...

i think the virus did something to put my computer in some kind of restart loop/...please help.....

A:omg this sucks, pls help

What kind of anti-virus software do you run on your other computer? Did you make an anti-virus software boot disk to scan and clean your machine before Windoze loads?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/omg-this-sucks-pls-help-5337.html
Relevancy 39.13%

When I last shut down my HP Mini 110 netbook it began installing updates, which is normal now and again.

When I switched it on the next day it comes up with a black screen saying Windows Boot Manager:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause... It goes on to tell me to insert my windows installation disc but netbooks dont have diskdrives!

Also says The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Help please!!

A:This sucks

You can simply use USB Flash memory instead of CD/DVD to boot it up.
Use Elvandil advice, In this case, you can create a bootable USB Flash

Code:

[COLOR=Red]Elvandil [/COLOR]Advise:

[IMG]http://forums.techguy.org/attachments/203125d1326406456/chain.jpg[/IMG]

Free drive backup software (imaging, cloning, and archiving - backups can be created on a second hard drive, internal or external, or on DVD's, or BluRay disks. One BluRay disk will hold most peoples' entire system drive's backup at 25 GB's using compressed images, 50 GB's double-layer):

[URL="http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/"]Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012[/URL] (Recovery boot CD or USB key)
[URL="http://www.macrium.com/ReflectFree.asp"]Macrium Reflect (Free)[/URL]
[URL="http://www.oo-software.com/en/download/index.html"]O&O Disk Image Express[/URL] or [URL="http://majorgeeks.com/O&O_DiskImage_Express_Edition_d6173.html"](mirror)[/URL]
[URL="http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/"]Easeus Todo Backup[/URL]
[URL="http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119"]Acronis True Image For WD[/URL] (reduced, free version for WD drives - cloning and imaging)
[URL="http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/discwizard"]Acronis True Image For Seagate (DiscWizard)[/URL] (reduced, free version for Seagate drives - cloning and imaging)
[URL="http://http://odin-win.sourceforge.net/"]ODIN[/URL] (open-source)
[URL="http://redobackup.org/"]Redo Backup & Recovery[/URL] (Boot CD)
[URL="http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live/"]Clonezilla Live[/URL] (A bootable CD of Debian with Clonezilla.)
[URL="http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm"]Drive Image XML[/URL]
[URL="http://ping.windowsdream.com/"]PING (Partimage is not Ghost)[/URL] (Boot CD with option Clam Antivirus)
[URL="http://www.partition-saving.com/"]Partition Saving[/URL]
[URL="http://www.clonezilla.org/"]Clonezilla[/URL]
[URL="http://osforensics.com/tools/create-disk-images.html"]Passmark OSFClone[/URL] (Bootable, cloning only)
[URL="http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722145%28WS.10%29.aspx"]ImageX[/URL] and [URL="http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-tools/gimagex/"]GImageX[/URL] (Geekware. Small images due to "single instancing" and allows partial, selected restore of image parts. Used by Microsoft to apply disk image to drive during "installation" of Windows 7.)

There are also many commercial products with more features.

I think OSFClone would be a good choice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-sucks.1056454/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've been waiting since 8:47 was my first post , I know this is free and all I appreciate it really I do , but jesssh , I've been watching everyone else get help and I well twittle my thumbs

A:You know what this sucks

I'm retarded , but I was like wow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/you-know-what-this-sucks.298156/
Relevancy 39.13%

Heyo, Im SK. This is my first week running windows 7 and i need a bit of help with a problem I had and eventually solved as an XP user. I have the all too common issue of the cpu running at 100% which slows everything to a menacing halt.

Specs : Aspire one, N450 processor, 1gb mem, and 6 cell ion battery.

A:CPU 100% and it sucks

WOW 105 Processes!!

Go to start orb type in msconfig in the search press enter, go to the start up tab and un-check what you don't need, you only really need your Anti Virus rubbing at start up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/246767-cpu-100-sucks.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey there just last night i was running a Window washer like usual just to delete cookies browser history etc and all of a sudden half of my desktop icons dissapear without a trace left even when i search for them in explorer gt lt Anyways But i didnt care too much it was only music But now my computer is back to Need Help Wow... This Sucks.. Please taking seconds to quot loading personal settings quot when it used to take not even second Problem is a while back i had to turn off system restore to delete all my restore points to get rid of some virus s hidden in there and unluckily for me There is no restore points for me to return too except for one i created after i ran the window washer but obviously restoring there would not help Please if anyone has suggestions on how to fix this problem so that my loading personal settings returns to the normal half a second Any help would be much appreciated Thx for the help

A:Wow... This Sucks.. Need Help Please

Every 60 days it runs a wizard which moves unused icons into a folder on ... desktop ... some desktop icons disappear.

To stop the wizard from automatically running every 60 days:

1. Right-click on your Desktop, from the menu click on Properties.

2. When the Display Properties dialog box opens click on the Desktop tab.

3. Click Customize Desktop to open the Desktop Items dialog box.

4. Click to clear the Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days check box.

5. Click OK twice to close the dialog boxes.

Note: If after disable the automatic cleanup you would like to run the Desktop Cleanup Wizard manually click on Clean Desktop Now on the Desktop Items dialog box.

"Windows XP includes the Desktop Cleanup Wizard, which keeps track of your usage of the icons on your desktop and periodically offers to remove the icons you have not recently used. Some of the icons are on the desktop because you created them to provide a shortcut method of opening a program or document. Some icons may be on the desktop because a software installation program placed them there.

The Desktop Cleanup Wizard runs every 60 days. It checks the last accessed date of the desktop shortcuts and displays a list of all the icons, with a check mark next to the name of each icon that has not been used in 60 days. You can unselect any icon you want to keep on the desktop, and the Wizard removes the selected icons.

The icons are not deleted, they are moved to a folder and you can put them back on the desktop if you want. The folder that is automatically created the first time the Wizard removes icons is C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts." Decription Via Microsoft's Website

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99060/wow-this-sucks-need-help-please/
Relevancy 39.13%

i have winxp i downloaded a virus, i dont remember the name of it, but after i had opened it i scanned it so i knew it was one..i thought i disinfected it but after i restarted my computer i couldnt get into windows...

im posting this with my other computer...i really dont want to reformat the other computer because i have like 3 half done reports that i was working on...

i think the virus did something to put my computer in some kind of restart loop/...please help.....

i already tried rebooting in safe mode..doesnt work

Relevancy 39.13%

the problem is this sucks that i this sucks got somehow the ultimate in annoyance targetedbanner this evil program pops up many windows containing an ad but this only happens in internet explorer I so called quot uninstalled quot it from pc but the same BS kept going on not to mention it slows down my lapt p to a crawl VERY unstable gets the bluescreen of death every once in a while the only way i could even get this log on here is by using a network i couldn t do it all on my laptop pc it would crash Scan saved at PM on Platform Wind ws Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe this sucks C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe this sucks C Windows PixArt Pac Monitor exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Rising Rav Ravmon exe C Users Je Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System p phost exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Users Je winlogon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exe C ProgramData U U Launcher LaunchU exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Windows system cmd exe C Windows system kBin kBin exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac R - URLSearchHook Winamp Search Class - BCA FA- DBB- a -B - C F B - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO amp Google Web Accelerator Helper - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - BHO ExpertHelper - EB EC D - D -A C -D -F BF A F - C Program Files ExpertHelper ExpertHelper- dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar ImageShack Toolbar - D -ABC - -A C-D A E - C Program Files ImageShackToolbar ImageShackToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Web Accelerator - DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C P... Read more

A:this sucks

could someone please check this data, the details of the problem are on the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-sucks.738384/
Relevancy 39.13%

i've gotten rid of aol about a few months ago and for awhile i've been getting bills still paying for aol. I call them up and they tell me to just log off on the aol program. The problem is i dont have the program anymore. When i was speaking to them they asked me for my password and stuff and i didn't even have any of that stuff. They said if you dont know the things then they have no way to help me, what kind of bs is this. reply if you hate aol.

A:Aol Sucks

If you're paying them with a credit card write your credit card issuer and dispute the charge.

Write customer service Registered Mail at AOL and tell them the story and that you insist they cancel your account and refund whatever they owe you and to definitely not bill you again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36078/aol-sucks/
Relevancy 39.13%

Here are the reasons why I think that IE sucks and that Firefox is way way better OS compadibility Most people still use windows XP did they release a xp version of the browser No Guess sucks think IE9 I Why why they made it only Because they want people to buy windows even though most people will have to replace thier old computers because the requirments are too high for XP users Why I think IE9 sucks to upgrade or cause doesn't run some apps they use a lot Why not at least release a version of windows desighed for older PC's so people will buy your da windows Page compadibility Most pages in internet explorer don't even render correctly and you have to set it to compadibility mode WTF Microsoft Imagine everytime you go to a webpage and you have to go into compadibility mode This was a problem interduced in IE and it's still not fixed New user inferance I think that the new user inference in IE isn't as good as in Firefox and they could have defently made the toolbars smaller by reducing the size of the back and next button Requires reboot after install Seriosly microsoft Why the hell do you need to make us reboot are computer after Why I think IE9 sucks we installed IE this really irretates me because my computer used to be slow when starting up before I installed Solutu and used it to fix the boot Why I think IE9 sucks time Defualt search engine and web page The internet broswser could load a little faster if they used google as the defualt home page and they should use google as the defualt search engine and plus google is way more popular then Bing Defualt config could have been improved First off they should set the defualt home page to a lighter web page and second off they should enable search suggestions by defualt Uses properity plugins Really microsoft Why can't you just use non-activeX plugins and when you install a browser plugin why can't it just work with all other internet browsers Make it easier to import from other browsers I don't get it Why do you make it so hard to figure out how to import data from other internet browsers They should just put in the file menu a import export button Don't require admin previliges for addons Why the heck can't you just make the addons able to install on just one account because firefox and google chrome managed to do this why can't you microsoft Hard-to-program addons Why doesn't anyone write any addons to block stuff in different websites Because microsoft doesn't allow javascript language to be used when programming addons and you need to learn the hard C to program addons for IE

A:Why I think IE9 sucks

Quote: Originally Posted by beecher

1) OS compadibility
Most people still use windows XP, did they release a xp version of the browser? No! Guess why they made it 7 only? Because they want people to buy windows 7 even though most people will have to replace thier old computers because the requirments are too high for XP users to upgrade or cause 7 doesn't run some apps they use a lot! Why not at least release a version of windows 7 desighed for older PC's so people will buy your da** windows 7?!?

Windows xp will be unsupported shortly thus no reason to update it, it is 2 OS's behind the times and would be a waste of resources to maintain it. This is the way it has always worked with all the Windows, eventually they get to an end of life period, nothing new.
If your machine is so old that Windows 7 will not run/install on it, then you should replace said computer as it is better suited for a boat anchor. It sucks to accept that your $3000 Gateway from 8 years ago is out of date, I'm sorry, but it's just how the technology progresses.

2) Page compadibility
Most pages in internet explorer 9 don't even render correctly and you have to set it to compadibility mode! WTF Microsoft!!! Imagine everytime you go to a webpage and you have to go into compadibility mode! This was a problem interduced in IE7 and it's still not fixed!

Compatibility has been great as far as I've seen. I don't find the rendering to be the case at all. I use IE9 every day and it is very few and far between that I see a website it cannot handle. I would surely know being a web developer. Often sites run in compatibility mode due to the website architecture, not IE. This has been true since IE7 as you stated. But it's not something that MS can fix, it's a per website basis and is dependent upon that site and its developers.

3) New user inferance
I think that the new user inference in IE9 isn't as good as in Firefox 4 and they could have defently made the toolbars smaller by reducing the size of the back and next button

The UI in IE has more or less the same features as several other top browsers out there. Chrome, Opera, FF, IE all have a very similar construction. Agreed some style items could be slightly improved upon.

4) Requires reboot after install
Seriosly microsoft! Why the hell do you need to make us reboot are computer after we installed IE9 this really irretates me because my computer used to be slow when starting up before I installed Solutu and used it to fix the boot time

Reboots after install have been true since IE7, nothing new here. Do not forget that IE integrates with the operating system unlike every other browser you may install. If you have slow startup issues with your computer, then you should address those issues as they are related to your computer, not IE. You are getting irritated over something that is not related to IE at all.

5) Defualt search engine and web page
The internet broswser could load a little faster if they used google as the defualt home page and they should use google as the defualt search engine and plus google is way more popular then Bing

You're talking about branding here. Microsoft will force it's own brand the same way that Google and Yahoo would. This would be like Toyota putting a loading page for Ford on their website, doesn't make sense. If you want Google as your home page then set it as your home page. Very simple, nuff said.

6) Defualt config ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/152271-why-i-think-ie9-sucks.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I need help.

On my computer, it's all good, then I will be on it for about 2 hours or so, browsing the internet, and then all of a sudden BAM, im still connected to my network and stuff but my internet just stops loading, it just (on mozilla) It dont even load the page it just instant Cannot connnect to page. I am on Vista Home Edition.

Thats all I can say right now..

Please please help me

And its not a virus or anything.

Relevancy 39.13%
Q: sucks

My thread couple threads down has absolutely no views is it because no-one can see my thread. sry but I really need to solve the problem. I can't even open javascript beucase of the friggen Temporary Internet file
please try to help...thnks

A:sucks

usally if noone replys to your topic, you can bump it up to the top.

also, please provide more detail about the problem.

and also a very easy way to fix this problem will be to get firefox.

it is much safer and loads pages much faster than internet explorer, and it blocks all popups and you can use my adblock filter to block all banner, and text ads on every website and get the screenspace back that the ad took away.

(for IE make sure that you didnt set the space for temp files to 0mb or 1 mb

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sucks.452388/
Relevancy 39.13%

Im dead serious After getting their GS Pny Sucks! card and running it on bf I was getting framerates there were like - fps It was horrible Game was Pny Sucks! so choppy and my ping was low I run oblivion on almost everything high up their except anti liasing which i might turn on I get fps in outdoors like - Man I go to nvidias support site did you know their faqs and knowledge and request assitance options under support lead you to the same exact forums where the topics are made only by nvidia I couldn t find any phone numbers for support at all I go to partners and find PNY veritgo or w e their support number I call them their open it says in the manual am through pm on the phone it says - eastern time Either way im good its only Each time its take me to a voice automated guy that answers your questions in the most simple manner There is no customer repersentive to talk to you no waiting time it just says our phone support is between - where you WILL BE GREETED with a voice automated something something I tried calling twice maybe missing the one where it says to talk to a live representive but it never gives you the option Then I try to register my product for warranty the sticker is on my card which is in my case BTW the sticker was on the bottom Luckily thats how the card fits where the fan is on the top but facing the bottom I made another post about this I finally check over to make sure i copied the right serial number and it still says its invalid I cannot find any technical support at all No phone services from niether of them atleast ati had service on the phone dead dead dead I dunno whats causing it but the problem was my fps is super low the game is real choppy and my settings were adjusted automatically by the game It put like it all on medium except lightning is high I move the x hz to the hz maybe that will solve it and i think i got the same exact framerates i dunno I went on servers the past days with a good low ping my internet is cable and same choppy gameplay Im not bottlenecking the card that much i have one gig ram and intel HT processor AGP everything I dunno what to do how to fix this problem or how to contact any technical support besides forum boards This really is the tiest customer support i v ever seen but mainly on pny since nvidia is a huge broad manufacturer and pny just makes their brandname products and is just a small branch Anyone wanna take a guess on why my bf framerates a game thats like years old ran better when i had my old agp x card with ram at somepoint later on I upgraded to one gig then it does with one of the latest models of nvidias cards And it runs oblivion real good which is brand new and the most power hungry game out on the market right now but it can t seem to handle bf I havn t tried putting my settings to low but im not going down that low If i wanted to do that i d go back to my old card The card that was said the isn t really meant for games like bf And how sticks a serial number sticker on the backside of a graphics card anyway Like in the center Isnt that harmful to the circutry lol Anyway please if you ve made it to this point so far thanks and im looking for some answers Edit I just ran F E A R the pny cards arn t that bad I guess but its just the technical support thats the problem I ran F E A R with many things on high and some stuff I left on medium just because the fps tests take a while Anyway after testing with getting - percent fps above shadows etc everything mainly except the verticial lighting or something like that I went and turned antilaising from off to x which is max and it was at like a t percent and that was great going from AA to X and only losing percent in frames above It was called So my graphics card doesn t need to be returned but I think its a router problem F E A R online hasn t worked for months it would always say error Now its waiting on finding the servers for ever because my router is blocking the connection back from find servers So ... Read more

A:Pny Sucks!

fear worked better without using my router i got the server packets send back to me so i could play :grinthumb but I just went to try it out i didn't have to time to check the fps online i then went and checked for bf2. My fps was like 15 or 16fps at the majority of the game times. It's horrible and i don't kno what can be causing it. I did uninstall all the ati drivers with the thing they had to remove them completly. and its' not my card overheating because it doesn't overheat on other games. I'll try taking lightining to medium maybe that will be a fix :haha: PNY says if were calling during their open business time we will be xfered to a live automated voice mall . Lol that sucks I want to speak to a real person besides it doesnt even give you the option to leave a message. Do you guys kno what can be causing this low framerate in bf2. And why do i keep hearing this wierd small cricket noise when moving a scroll bar on a page up and down or horizontal it makes the noise also when using the arrow keys. And its also during oblivion at the menu screen. I can't seem to figure out what part of the computer its coming from but since its new it might be the new video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pny-sucks.47919/
Relevancy 39.13%

so i bought a new pc today... only 1400.00... and it came with vista on it... i would have prefered to install it myself.
after much exploration and confusion i realized my pc wont play ANY of my fave. games...
how do i go back to xp(have disks) on a new pc that has only ever known vista?(no disks)
my pc only came with a disk to show what im missing with a vista upgrade... i have vista home premium on it now and hate it with a passion.
my old pc wont do and my new one has a os that can only check my email and hold pic... and i bought it for games
help!!!!!!!!!
denofal

A:Oh My... This Sucks

If you have the XP disks then you can just reformat the HDD and install XP.Check out this link for some information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82117/oh-my-this-sucks/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello all,My PC has some issues, need some help and advice.Problem 1: every time I boot the system, it goes bios->windows loading-> a blue scvreen that says the following....\SystemRoot\Windows\System32\Autochk.exe program not found - skipping Autocheck. then it starts windows without any more problems.Steps taken: the usual, AV Spyware etc scans. sfc /scannow. chkdsk, defragged. cant do system restore as there are no restore points.Problem 2: I have 2 hard drives 1 which is C drive with system on it, the other is my backup drive. the backup drive seems to have disappeared,Steps taken: restarted, replaced the cables checked to make sure the jumpers were in the correct place.Thats it, I think.Any ideas or thoughts?

A:This Sucks

For the first problem, try this:1. Go to Add/Remove Programs and ensure that Show Updates is checked.2. Locate Windows XP KB824105 patch and uninstall it.3. Reboot.If that doesn't work, or if Windows XP KB824105 doesn't exist, try this:1. Get your Windows XP CD handy and turn on the computer.2. Boot into Windows as your normally would.3. Insert the CD and navigate to X:\I386 where X: is the letter for your CD drive.4. Copy autochk.exe from \I386 directory to your Windows\System32 directory.5. Go to Start and click Run...6. Type regedit and press <Enter>7. Backup your registry as we may be making Registry changes. In the Regedit program go to File->Export to save a copy of your registry (you must give it a name and choose where to save it like any file).8. Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]9. In the Right pane, ensure that the value of BootExecute is autocheck autochk * . If it isn't change it. If it doesn't exist, then create a new Multi-String Value named BootExecute and make the value autocheck autochk *.10. Reboot. Post back as to the results.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83138/this-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

All my fonts are screwed up because i allowed this stupid ClearType crap to install. Its the worst POS ive ever seen. All my fonts are BLURRY. How is it called CLEAR TYPE? Should be called BLURRY TYPE.

Relevancy 38.7%

I have an HP Media Center M N AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor bit GB Ram GHz I m using IE Version Firefox Version I do volunteer work and usually have multiple sessions open using roundcube and thunderbird as sucks Performance well as google docs and firefox I m getting constant quot Not Responding quot messages and am getting quite frustrated Performance sucks Before I purchase some memory I wanted your opinion as to whether or not that is the problem or if it Performance sucks s something else I removed some software no longer being used cleared cookies cache temp files etc Ran a defrag just about a week ago nothing seems to help Thank you all for your dedication as well as your commitment to helping others Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender Performance sucks MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Windows System spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Common Files aol ee AOLDesktop exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http only clicks com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - no file O - Hosts mail patriotguard org O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for ... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

I just spent a number of days with a great person to clean up my malware. I was complaining about very poor response time. Since removing some not so good things, my pc is better but still extremely slow. I do volunteer work and normally have a number of websites open in Firefox. I am getting constant Not Responding messages. My initial thought is I need to upgrade my memory.

Can someone help me with this please.

I have an HP Media Center M8100N
AMD Athlon 64 X2
Dual Core Processor 5600+ 32bit
3.00 GB Ram
2.80 GHz

I'm using IE Version 8
Firefox Version 3.6.4

It is upgradeable to 8 GB.

Thanks

Other thread was here:

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/920661-performance-sucks.html

Relevancy 38.7%

We tried to remove symantec antivirus and now when we start up it opens a browser to go to their download us website I have tried deleting everything tried the symantec removal tool tried hijackthis and still nothing even Symantec sucks tried removing from the registry but when i remove it and refresh it just comes right back anybody got any ideas i will also post my hijackthis log so you guys can see it ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC Symantec sucks WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files B H A Common bgsvcg exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC Program Files Panasonic pcinfo PCInfoPi exeC Program Files Panasonic pcinfo PCInfoSV exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Panasonic WSwitch WSwitch exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC Program Files Panasonic Hotkey Appendix HKEYAPP EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files BIO-key CommProvider V CommProviderConsole exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC PROGRA B SCLI Win K BSCLIP exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice binC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager VZAccess Manager exeC Documents and Settings bsauer Desktop HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https email secureserver net login php domain email zionsvillepd comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C... Read more

A:Symantec sucks

Hi,As a matter of fact, Norton isn't really to blame here though. The opening of the website after reboot was only supposed to happen once, since it's set under the RunOnce startup key. Then, once that has been run, that key deletes itself again. But in your case, your Spybot S&D Teatimer is actually blocking this, so basically, Teatimer is interfering with removal of leftovers since it makes the changes back undone again.In your log, I see there are a lot of orhaned entries (also malicious ones), which are supposed to get deleted by scanners, but teatimer restored them again.That's why, to deal with this properly.. Please disable TeatimerHow to disable TeaTimer <== click me for instructions.After you disabled Teatimer, download ResetTeaTimer.exe to your desktop. Then run ResetTeaTimer.exe.This will only take a few seconds.Then, once you've done above,Start HijackThis again and check the following entries in it:O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silentO4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SYMNRT] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/servlet/ProductMessages?module=2012&error=0&language=en&product=SymNRT&version=2012.0.0.19&build=SymantecO20 - AppInit_DLLs: ystem32\ kalepopo.dll c:\windows\system32\ c:\windows\system32\powamahe.dllO21 - SSODL: rebuzasol - {14463f5f-23ba-400c-bf5c-09bc3c990f69} - (no file)O21 - SSODL: kivizirob - {f00ebebc-e355-4cbb-847f-5bbc8ac01157} - (no file)O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: mujuzedij - {14463f5f-23ba-400c-bf5c-09bc3c990f69} - (no file)O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: gahurihor - {f00ebebc-e355-4cbb-847f-5bbc8ac01157} - (no file)Hit the fix checked button below.Let me know if that solved your issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447251/symantec-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

ok i just installed Windows Media Player 9.0 beta , and i now whenver i try to watch any streaming file , the simply suck , the bufferin is downright horrible , it's like watching a stupid slideshow ,

anywway to make it alright , i cannot reverse back , isince I got no restore points , or any other software to make it alright ???

A:WMP 9.0 Bufferin Sucks

What kind of connection do you have? I'm happy with WMP9...I haven't really messed with the buffer options since I haven't had any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-9-0-bufferin-sucks.106048/
Relevancy 38.7%

As with lots of the posters here I ve been struck down with Xads and its delightful choice of personalised ads straight to my desktop I ve also tried the normal spyware removers without much relief I ve just used Hijack This and would love it if someone could point out the offending items for removal If anyone knows the home address fax home phone number of the people who created this delight I would appreciate returning just Xads Sucks a little of the fun they have given me to them personally Anyway here is my results from Hijack this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Xads Sucks MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system srvany exe C WINDOWS system resetservice exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Telstra Toolbar bpumTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Xads Sucks Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS System iiizclkd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA GoZilla ZipZilla zipzilla exe C DOCUME Richard LOCALS Temp hijackthis zip hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ninemsn com au O - BHO MxTargetObj Class - D-D - C - E - BF - C WINDOWS mxTarget dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ActivateBand Class - C B DE - A - CF - B - E D - C Program Files Telstra Toolbar bpumToolBand dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO IEHlprObj Class - CD C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C Program Files GoZilla GoIEHlp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar BigPond Toolbar - A EC -CC - DF - DB -A CF C CC - C Program Files Telstra Toolbar bpumToolBand dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run Go Zilla dial-up fix quot C Program Files GoZilla Go exe quot FIXRAS O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xads-sucks.274057/
Relevancy 38.7%

Alright Sucks... Malware First off my D drive stopped working about a month ago it wouldn't even recognize that a disk had been inserted into it so I called the Dell tech support The guy had me take the lower filters off of my registry modules and my drive worked Then I started getting a ton if attacks from spyware adware and Trojans and my drive stopped working again I've tried using Ad-aware SE and Ewido anti-malware not at the same time mind you but they can't get all the infections out I also have McAfee but it's kinda screwed up I have a log saved from Ewido Malware Sucks... on my desktop and I was told to post my hijackthis log so here it is If you want the Ewido log just let me know Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdmgr exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC PROGRA WINZIP wzqkpick exeC Documents and Settings Chris Nelson My Documents HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayR - Default URLSearchHook is missingF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe rfftvcv exeO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run prldlu C WINDOWS system qahllw exe reg runO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exeO - HKLM Run SpywareRemover C Program Files SpywareRemover SpywareRemover exe -bootO - HKLM Run WinAntiSpyware C Program Files WinAntiSpyware was exe minO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKCU Run mnrem C WINDOWS system qahllw exe reg runO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run CyberDefender AntiSpyware quot C Program Files CyberDefender AntiSpyware cdas exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup jhsmr exeO - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google Goog... Read more

A:Malware Sucks...

Add remove programs - remove WinAntiSpyware 2006================http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=7 to download Look2Me-Destroyer.exe and save it to your desktop.? Close all windows before continuing.? Double-click Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to run it.? click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.? Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.? You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.? When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Destroyer will now shutdown your computer, click OK.? Your computer will then shutdown.? Turn your computer back on.? Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Destroyer.txt and a new HiJackThis log.If Look2Me-Destroyer does not reopen automatically, reboot and try again.If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.If you receive a runtime error '339' please download MSWINSCK.OCX from the link below and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 Directory.http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/MSWINSCK.OCX=========================Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)? Install ewido.? During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".? Launch ewido? It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen? On the left side of the main screen click update? Click on Start and let it update.? DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:(Start tapping F8 at the first black screen after power up)Run Ewido:? Click on scanner? Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.? During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK? When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.? Save the report to your C: DriveThis will take some time to run!Boot to normal modePost that log and a new HiJack log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55063/malware-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN A VMX A UY Antivirus Java sucks avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Hi a file asked for permission to Java sucks open when I logged into You Tube the first time I may have even clicked yes thinking it was from another tab I had open I forgot about this until a week later when I logged into You Tube again the file came up I have a pic of the file open request if you would like to see it Anyway this time i clicked cancel and realised I am probably infected so I ran Avast and it picked up on java agents trj Items which I cannot find the scan log txt file for I then deleted these files and set a pre boot scan which found one infected file - again deleted I have run Hijack this and got two messages about errors which i have saved a screenshot should you need it DDS did its thing but when I went to run GMER it did not say I had rootkit activity I have attached all files for ease of reading Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Upgraded from Norton 360 1.0 to 2.0. Everything fine. One day on Guest account Intrusion Prevention was turned off. On Admin it was on. Used Symantec Backup settings cleaner and Norton Removal Tool. Reinstalled. Everything fine. Rebooted. IP for Guest off...again!!!???

Relevancy 38.7%

I just did a reformat on my system I went to view movie online called quot The Bucket List quot and next thing I know I'm infected AGAIN I have NOD so no idea how it got passed it Last file I tried to delete was gebyaww dll I also used the VundoFix and VitrumundoBeGone to try to get everything off my CPU but it's STILL there Spyware Doctor reports Trojan Virtumonde with infections sigh Still not sure what else to do at this point Here is my hijack this file Any other suggestions How the hell can I get infected by watching a freaking normal movie Taken Over! I This Was =( Hijacked Really And Sucks. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Taken Over! I Was Hijacked And This Really Sucks. =( Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Taken Over! I Was Hijacked And This Really Sucks. =( Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Taken Over! I Was Hijacked And This Really Sucks. =( Shared DTSRVC exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC WINDOWS zHotkey exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localF - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system jkhhf exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - D A - E - E -A A - BF EE EA - C WINDOWS system gebyaww dll file missing O - BHO no name - C -A - F - B - A F B - C WINDOWS system jkhhf dll file missing O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exeO - HKLM Run ShowWnd ShowWnd exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run winshow quot C WINDOWS winshow exe quot O - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe quot hideO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run IndxStoreSvr E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMInd... Read more

A:Taken Over! I Was Hijacked And This Really Sucks. =(

ComboFix 07-12-31.4 - Owner 2007-12-31 14:59:59.1 - NTFSx86Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1722 [GMT -5:00]Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe * Created a new restore point.((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-11-28 to 2007-12-31 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).2007-12-31 14:58 . 2000-08-31 08:00 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe2007-12-31 12:10 . 2007-12-31 14:40 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups2007-12-31 12:01 . 2007-12-31 15:04 <DIR> d-a------ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP2007-12-31 10:31 . 2007-12-31 10:34 74,240 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iksyssec.sys2007-12-31 10:31 . 2007-12-31 10:34 56,832 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iksysflt.sys2007-12-31 10:31 . 2007-10-18 00:14 41,288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ikfilesec.sys2007-12-31 10:31 . 2007-10-18 00:16 29,000 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kcom.sys2007-12-31 10:30 . 2007-12-31 15:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor2007-12-31 10:30 . 2007-12-31 10:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\PC Tools2007-12-31 10:30 . 2005-09-23 08:29 626,688 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll2007-12-31 10:30 . 2005-07-06 18:13 499,712 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll2007-12-31 10:30 . 2005-07-06 18:13 348,160 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll2007-12-31 10:14 . 2007-12-31 12:48 348,160 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkhhf.exe2007-12-31 01:11 . 2007-12-31 01:11 54,156 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn2007-12-31 01:11 . 2007-12-31 01:11 1,409 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for2007-12-31 00:45 . 2007-12-31 00:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft2007-12-31 00:45 . 2007-12-31 00:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft2007-12-31 00:44 . 2007-12-31 00:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard2007-12-31 00:30 . 2007-12-31 00:35 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender2007-12-31 00:17 . 2007-12-31 00:17 32,764 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\17PHolmes77.exe2007-12-31 00:16 . 2007-12-31 14:38 39,936 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\452007-12-29 11:38 . 2007-12-31 01:13 69 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NeroDigital.ini2007-12-29 03:00 . 2007-12-29 03:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\MSXML 4.02007-12-26 11:58 . 2007-12-26 11:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Nero2007-12-26 11:56 . 2007-12-26 11:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Nero2007-12-26 11:56 . 2007-12-26 11:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero2007-12-26 11:56 . 2007-12-26 11:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nero2007-12-25 23:06 . 2007-12-26 09:48 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cabela's Trophy Bucks Saves2007-12-25 03:00 . 2007-12-25 03:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft CAPICOM 2.1.0.22007-12-24 11:53 . 2004-08-04 02:56 53,760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\vfwwdm32.dll2007-12-24 11:53 . 2004-08-04 02:56 53,760 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\vfwwdm32.dll2007-12-24 11:53 . 2004-08-04 02:56 20,992 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dshowext.ax2007-12-24 11:53 . 2004-08-04 02:56 20,992 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dshowext.ax2007-12-24 11:53 . 2007-12-24 12:16 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lvuvc.hs2007-12-24 11:4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123564/taken-over-i-was-hijacked-and-this-really-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

Well ever since I obtained my laptop the control key on the keyboard has been a pain and I can't use it at all because of what it does. When I press control the calculator pops up the computer ignores the command entirely then it goes into standby. I think this belongs in hardware because it's not a software issue (unless bios) as I wiped my hard drive and installed a new operating system. My laptop is custom made from PClaptops and as I switched to a linux operating system the control key is crucial for programs like nano.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ctrl-key-sucks-please-help.605595/
Relevancy 38.7%
Relevancy 38.7%

Just wanted to say hi from a newbie here I like 's of thousands of people Winfixer Please / Sucks Help can not get rid of Winfixer popups I have Spy Sweeper and many other programs but nothing seems to work to get rid of this monster I just ran Hijackthis and ran theVirtumundoBegone exe and here is my Hijack log thanks for any help guys Not sure what I should do next but dont want those Winfixer jerks to get the best of me SteveLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx Winfixer Sucks / Please Help exeC Winfixer Sucks / Please Help WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Documents and Settings Desktop HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www fs com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie search msn com en-us srchasst srchasst htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com en-us srchasst srchcust htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ComcastR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -... Read more

A:Winfixer Sucks / Please Help

Reboot and post a new log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40666/winfixer-sucks-please-help/
Relevancy 38.7%

Okay so here s my problem I m trying to play DVD s on my computer and sure they play but the audio is choppy and sucky and sometimes the video can be just as bad depending on the player I playback sucks! DVD m using Is there some hidden setting I need to fiddle with to get it to play more smoothly FYI my computer has AMD Athlon XP MHz Nvidia DVD playback sucks! Corp GeForce Ti MB of RAM Iomega Zip CD-R DVD-ROM drive I ve tried several different DVD players codecs and such the best that s worked so far is my old PowerDVD player it plays the video a bit smoother but the audio still sucks I doubt it has anything to do with my soundcard because it seems to work properly for all other media but the DVD player is really getting on my nerves grr anybody got any DVD playback sucks! ideas to help me get it to play smoothly like it should nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

when i try to go to the download links like hijackthis i get the iquicksearch please help.

A:iquicksearch sucks

you can download it directly from my website just click in my signature (My site with some free stuff on it) Also I am going to move this to the Hijack this forums that way you get the best advice and fastest replies... And If I am correct HJT team correct me if I am wrong, you can right click internet explorer..left click internet options..go to programs ..then click reset web settings that might give you a chance to download it before somthing pop's up. Also try downloading thishttp://www.webroot.com/wb/products/spysweeper/index.phpAnd run it. If you cant click the link,,,Go to www.webroot.com and download spysweeperWelcome To Bleeping Computers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1563/iquicksearch-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

-Awesome Metro start screen Provided Micosoft add support Sucks. Let's Does Not. Talk Everything What About for traditional Context Everything Sucks. Let's Talk About What Does Not. Menus it will be fit for desktop use -Cool small free apps There is potential here We just want everything too early that's why we are early adopters -Clean usable PC Settings section Provided Microsoft move the rest of the stuff there it will be quite awesome -Clean small and fast desktop theme Works great under Remote Desktop Now if we could only have Aero as an option for local sessions and the light theme for RDC sessions or as a fallback theme when Aero needs to be off -Real kernel Finally -Fast boot up that will stay fast That's a big pro for me -Management of startup items Finally -Improved Task Manager Was about time -Standards for app quality and performance even for the desktop Hurts but had to be done -Improved security Almost great if it wasn't for the fact of it is dedicated to DRM instead of user protection -Improved RDC experience I am literally jumping for joy this thing flies under RDC and I use RDC all the time Basically Windows is very short of being a total success if it wasn't for so much driver and software incompatibilities and this forced Tablet-Desktop experience and split-personality which is unforgivable provided the fixes for this can be delivered with a simple Windows Update very fast if Microsoft decide to do so

A:Everything Sucks. Let's Talk About What Does Not.

-Better compatibility mode, for older programs to work properly and even 16bit color checkbox (16 bit color resolutions were removed from the graphics list => who uses those nowadays anyway)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9689-everything-sucks-lets-talk-about-what-does-not.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Everyone,

I have a Norton program that locates threats, but can't delete them.
Can someone please advise me on my next step? When I click on them to get virsu removal information, there are a bunch of complicated steps, and I am not very computer literate ie, backing up my registry...??? I would appreciate any help on this matter, before I have to call someone in.
Where do these things come from??? My kid downloads music from WinMX, is that where the trouble lies???
Thank you very much
Lisa

A:Norton Sucks

Well it sounds like the threats may be in the system volums folder. Is that where they are reported to be ? If so then disable system restore, reboot, re-enable restore then do a full scan..

How to disable system restore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-sucks.266293/
Relevancy 38.7%

I got this virus via MSN messenger foto h t t p email protected Click to expand I have run many virus checkers with no results registry cleaners too I don t know if its still there or not Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows it sucks =o( MSN and Virus System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv MSN Virus =o( and it sucks exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver MSN Virus =o( and it sucks TosCoSrv exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosAVRC exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtProc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Vuze Azureus exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows Cu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-virus-o-and-it-sucks.782100/
Relevancy 38.7%

When I search via the F3 search window, the system does not find the item. When I use Start/Search, it finds it. And it was something simple, a picture from the Public Pictures folder.

Anybody have an explanation for that.

A:F3 search sucks

When you search from start it searches everywhere, when you serch from F3 (or top right explorer) it searches only within the currently viewed location (Library by default) if you have the navigation pane enabled on the left, select the area you want to search there.

Although I just tested it and found it working for a picture in the public library.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202611-f3-search-sucks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Supposedly Norton has found a Dropper on Norton you Can help? Sucks! my system which has made my Symantec Framework to cease running I cannot start Norton because this dropper supposedly attacked it and is also allowing people to access my online transactions Unfortunately their online Norton Sucks! Can you help? scan will not tell me anything Norton Sucks! Can you help? and they want ANOTHER to remove it for me so I am hoping you can help identify which of these are bad Thank You in advance R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON Norton Sucks! Can you help? R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run Dell DataSafe Online quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe quot m O - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot O - HKLM Run Monitor quot C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files x Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-sucks-can-you-help.891736/
Relevancy 38.7%

i am having problems with syncing music using windows media player 11 to my razr phone. it wont even show up as there half the time and now the music feature on my phone wont even work. any ideas on what to do?

A:verizon sucks

put your memory card in a card reader and browse your memory card through My Computer. and simply copy and paste all the desired songs in the my_music (or whatever the default My Music folder is there) folder. Don't make subfolder inside that my_music folder, doing so will not show any songs in your phone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/verizon-sucks-175824.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hello,
I have a real puzzling problem with homegroup and hope someone will have some suggestions.
I created a homegroup on pc A. Tried to join with pc B. Tried everything but didnt work. Then after about a year I reformated pc B and it joined the homegroup instantly, hassle free.
So I reformatted my laptop, installed same operating system but nothing. Tried many settings. I can see the other two computers and homegroup says available to join but after entering the password, it takes about a minute and then says "Windows cannot set up homegroup on this computer". Before this laptop I had another and it never could join homegroup either.
The laptop connects wirelessly to Belkin N1 Vision router. The other computers are connected to the router through cable.
Any suggestions would be very welcome and sorry if its too long.

A:homegroup sucks

Try going through this Homegroup trouble shooter list. It sometimes helps to join the Homegroup with a wired connection then change over to wireless after you join.

When ever I install Win 7 onto a new machine I always have one of my other Homegroup machines turned on so that Windows can see there is already a Homegroup. I get a prompt to join the Homegroup before I ever get to the desktop and it works everytime for me, wired or wireless makes no difference.

Check each item carefully as it only takes one setting out of place and it's not going to work.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111663-homegroup-sucks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Does anyone know what I can to do to get rid of this line? I hate it... It's a green and white dotted line that splits my screen How do I get rid of it?

A:THIS LINE SUCKS!! I NEED HELP!!!!

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried reinstalling the graphics driver from the computer or motherboard makers support site for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/this-line-sucks-i-need-help-924114.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I believe this has been the underlying problem of the strugles I ve had for the last weeks IE is now competely nonfunctional which means I can t load any new programs which might help if they need active X or IE to load and run Here is the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System rpcss pl exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files rpcss_pl really sucks Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kav exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files rpcss_pl really sucks Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kavmm exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http my yahoo com quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default z qkmhcw slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot http www google com quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default z qkmhcw slt prefs js O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run KAV quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kav exe rpcss_pl really sucks quot -run -n PersonalPro -v -chkss O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - DPF C EB-A D - B F-BD E- E C D Toontown Installer ActiveX Control - http download toontown com sv ttinst cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - https download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - Service Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service KLBLMain - Kaspersky Lab - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro kavmm exe O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service RPC Service Provider RPCSS - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System rpcss pl exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe I ve tried reinstalling IE and a buch of other things I can t just delete the rpcss pl file because it says it is in use Others I ve heard have managed to erase it and had bigger problems because rpcss is a required program Please Help nbsp

A:rpcss_pl really sucks

Click Start > Run > and type in:

services.msc

Click OK.

In the services window find

RPC+ Service Provider

Rightclick and choose "Properties". On the "General" tab under "Service Status" click the "Stop" button to stop the service. Beside "Startup Type" in the dropdown menu select "Disabled". Click Apply then OK. Exit the Services utility.

Note: You may get an error here when trying to access the properties of the service. If you do get an error, just select the service and look there in the top left of the main service window and click "Stop" to stop the service. If that gives an error or it is already stopped, just skip this step and proceed with the rest.
In Hijack This, click on the "Open Misc Tools section" button. Next click the "Delete an NT service" button. Copy and paste the following in that box:

RPCSS+

Click OK.

Boot and delete C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcss_pl.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpcss_pl-really-sucks.344930/
Relevancy 38.7%

windows has all my drive letters jumbled. it has the master as G. and the slave is F. i know how to change the other drives but how do i change the master drive with the boot files on it? it won't let me do it in comp management.

Relevancy 38.7%

HI My name is Nabs I got a problem with my Vista SUCKS! ?????? 64-Bit Vista -bit 64-Bit Vista SUCKS! ?????? Pc was running 64-Bit Vista SUCKS! ?????? fine until I tried to install the 64-Bit Vista SUCKS! ?????? stupid Daemon tools for a virtual drive I downloaded it from softpedia a trial version and it fu my vista -bit which was running fine at GHZ DVD drive open and close it self all the time like there is ghost I wiped off the entire C drive and still the same problem it is funny as well as frustrating I installed -bit vista now I got another problem PC keep freezing all the time because of some ICH drivers problem with -bit vista Its true Greed is a Curse I was loosing some ram in GTA that is why I installed -bit to gain more ram Now the questions are Does -bit vista utilize all of GB ram If I go for -bit will it increase performance I saw a performance increase in GTA Guys any help will be appreciated I can no longer OC my PC because of -bit On -bit Vista I was getting a score on D Mark System specs are E OC to run at C Idle never fails on Prime Gigabyte X -DS GB x OCZ Reaper Mhz - - - latencies OC from - - - never failed on memtest XFX GTS xxx mb oc to COSMOS S with x mm Fans to keep OC cool Cooler Master W Rails PSU LG x DVD RW x Zalman Fan controler Zalman CNPS CPU Heatsink RPM GB x RPM GB x Guys as u can see I spend my hard earned money and lot of time to gain Ultimate and stable Over Clocked PC now every thing is stock clocks Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello! So a really HUGE problem that has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I cant do anything that is involved in multiplayer. I first tried to play on minecraft servers and it would just say "Cant connnect" after pinging and I could not connect to any servers. Then I tried to play Agar.io and it said it could not connect either! I tried everything! Deleting Minecraft, turning the firewall of of my computer, turing the firewall off of my router, changing my DNS, EVERYTHING! I honestly dont know what to do. Please help me, games are my life and now I cant even play the best part. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-problem-sucks.1155994/
Relevancy 38.7%

Yo whatsup dunno if this is the right place just it BSOD's, sucks to post But I ll post a HJT log but first the problem I got random BSOD s all the time its pretty annoying It could happen when I m playing a game it could happen when I m just listening to music and browsing the web etc Thats why I BSOD's, it just sucks started virusscanning I had Kaspersky great scanner but I always had BSOD s when it was nearing the BAM blue screen of death Then I tried AVG but the same problem blue screen of death so I can never find out if I have a virus or not I also tried out Trend Micro the online scanner again a BSOD The following problems I don t know if I can also post them here but I got a problem with my sound and videocard drivers It seems that they disappear just randomly like what the sometimes I m listening to music then I stop a song play another one and bam my sound driver has disappeared So I don t know maybe a virus is causing that Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C Program Files nHancer nHancerService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exe C Program Files TVersity Media Server MediaServer exe C WINDOWS system WTablet Pen TabletUser exe C WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files nHancer nHancer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SAGEM WiFi manager WLANUTL exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google nl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Koppelingen O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolba... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-it-just-sucks.744933/
Relevancy 38.7%

I just purchased an HP pavilion zv5000 laptop to use on the road. I have a Siemens s56 and a data to usb cable adapter, but the software won't load. Do I need to write down the error message for reference? and who should I call for tech support? siemens? hp? cingular? or is it just that xp home addition is not compatible with anything... Help.

A:cingular sucks

Could you give us more specific info about the error message.With vague info like you have given us,noone can help you.

Can you copy and paste the error message or take a screenshot and post it here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cingular-sucks.229812/
Relevancy 38.7%

right im kinda a noob at computer building and such but i had this me for oh dear =[ that sucks really neat system for about a month and i am going to sound really stuipid as i carry on with this post but here goes i decided to buy a few more fans for my desk top as there oh dear that sucks for me =[ was space for three more so i purchased these and got them sent trough i tryed to install the fan my self and tbh it skrewed to the case fine and i found where the fan supply plugged in with no problems the problems started when i tryed to figure out which pins the led light for the fan plugged into this is the silly part lol i pluged it first into jfp pins and this made the wire leading to the fan leds burn off the plastic and smoke i unplugged the computer straight away i then took the fan led cable off and turnd the system back everything including the fan still work then like the imbacile i am i looked over the wire and saw no signs of damage so i decided to try again with some diffenent pins that wasnt one of the cleverst ideas i have ever had i plugged the led wires back in to the fan and then put them onto some pins that i wasnt familiar with untill now the pins for the jic Intrusion controll i switched the pc on and instantly the computer made a crack sound and every thing shut off i then tryed to turn the computer back on but it wasnt having any off it not one of my proudest moments - - ive tested the psu and that is still working fine which leads me to belive somthing has gone dire wrong with the motherbord or on of the other components can anyone tell me if this problem is with the motherboard and if there are any fixes for this problem nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I just had to buy a new comp...(P2-1343w) with windows 8
I what to rid it of windows 8..and go to windows xp
what do i need to do this?

A:windows 8 sucks

I am sure you are not the only one to have been inflicted with win8.

You need a license for a better/proper o/s.

If your new machine came with win 8 PRO, I believe you can install win7 or Vista instead without needing to buy another license.

XP - I have no idea. Perhaps you can buy it on ebay/amazon

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15903-windows-8-sucks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm experimenting with using a pen on my tablet instead of my onscreen keyboard for quick replies and it's much easier to write in cursive. I grew up using cursive but I haven't used it in years. Now it seems like the most impossible thing in the world. I'm constantly having to slow down and think about certain letters. Oh well, practice makes perfect.
Do you use your stylus to write? How is it working out for you?

A:Cursive sucks

I use my stylus to write pretty often on my Surface Pro 3
It works very well and is accurate 99.9% of the time. That .1% of inaccuracy is when I need to write in numbers. My fives no matter how I write them always get registered as S's.
Although I mostly just type. Writing is slower than just tapping a letter key.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/400846-cursive-sucks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Pretty funny. At least Microsoft seems to get it.

Do you know this guy? | Internet Explorer - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/14660-new-ie-10-sucks-less-commercial.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My computer sucks, I've been thinking of upgrading all the components in the tower to a much higher quality. What would be good choices for a CPU video card, power supply etc.? I wouldn't want to get rid of my hard drive though.

What's a realistic price for all new components?

A:My Computer Sucks

Maybe someone else could help you in determining what to buy, but keep in mind that if you plan on replacing your CPU, you may have to replace your motherboard. If you have to replace your motherboard, your hard drive will most likely not be readable with the new setup, and your PC may not boot. So specifically...what items do you need to upgrade mostly?

It would help to know what your current setup is, what CPU, motherboard, video card you currently have. Also, what will be your primary use for the PC..gaming, video, music, internet..etc?

Lastly..what is your budget?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-sucks.931112/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a problem - my computer is FUBAR'd At least I think it is I [email protected] This Sucks - have downloaded Hijack and cannot make any rhyme or reason on [email protected] - This Sucks the product of the scan Can someone please help me This is the saved log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS [email protected] - This Sucks System ishost exeC WINDOWS System issearch exeC WINDOWS System isnotify exeC WINDOWS System ismini exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO no name - a f - - d- d -b b e fcca - C WINDOWS System ixt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run BearShare quot C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pauseO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - Startup PowerReg Scheduler V exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com resources MsnPUpld cabO - DPF D F B - A - D - B - DC A SecureLogin class - http secure comned com signuptemplates login-devel cabO - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLLO - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLLO - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dllO - SSODL horologium - be d -a d- -bf -ec fbf cf - C WINDOWS System httge dll file missing O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a s - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files i... Read more

A:[email protected] - This Sucks

Hello marcus agrippa.Like to take a look at this log, I'll get back you you as soon as I can.ourwilly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67640/m32myzorfkyf-this-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realise this, but windows 8 is shit. I bought this laptop with windows 8 already installed and so far pretty much everything I have wanted to has not worked efficiently like it would have in windows 7 or even XP. There aren't even any solutions to problems I have been experiencing, even after many months posting on various forums. The fault is not of the laptop itself (even so, it's too late to return it now). The laptop is good, its just this OS. So basically I need a way to revert back to windows 7 from this all mighty piece of shit. Is this possible? If it's not then that's bullshit.

A:Windows 8 Actually Sucks.

Unfortunately, while we understand your frustration, posts like the above won't garner too much help from most people.

Based on your posts here, it seems most issues have been around networking?

Your downgrade rights will depend upon the OS installed. If you have Windows 8 PRO, then you have a downgrade path. If you are on standard Windows 8, you don't. You are expected to purchase another license.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/26218...o_success.html

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25766-windows-8-actually-sucks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hello well i run MacAfee as my AV on my PC..
but ive notice that it sucks im tired of it..
can someone recommend me a better one free.
and guaranteed to protect. thanx

Relevancy 38.7%

I have a new Toshiba laptop, a Satellite 100 that came with Vista as the OS. What are the steps to uninstalling Vista and installing XP?

Relevancy 38.7%

Well I think the title says it all Anyways I have ctfmona exe I have gone into regedit and removed the ctfmona file and its additional add on I unlocked my task manager so I could end the antivirus process that tells me I need to install its antivirus software I also went in system and deleted the file with quot bug quot icon Ctfmona Sucks! along with ones labeled ctfmona Now I know that doesn t fully remove the virus and that I need to run antivirus programs Herein lies the problem my system crashes whenever I try to run my Ctfmona Sucks! installed symantec antivirus utility In addition to this I cannot use the internet as the virus seems to have disabled that function I click on it and it begins to open with a blank white box and immediately closes So that means I cannot download anything which was recommended to me last time I posted I ve tried saving avg antivirus to my zip drive and transferring it over that way I got an error when trying to install however just as I did with malwarebytes anti-malware when I tried the same thing with that program I am basically wondering should I stop wasting my time trying to save my computer and just restart over again and re-format it or is there any hope Thank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155212/ctfmona-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

Zlob.dnschanger.rtk comes up with spybot.....i get pop-ups like crazy....and i'm running slow

Specs:
AMD Phenom 2.5Ghz
2G RAM
ECS board
GeForce 9400 video card
Let me know whatever u need
HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-changer-it-sucks.770320/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys everytime I type in an incorrect URL it redirects me to Perfectnav com Also when I Perfectnav sucks try to access http localhost it also sends me to perfectnav Here s my hijackthis logfile Could anyone help me I see there are other threads on this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Perfectnav sucks Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRA Altnet DOWNLO asm exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Documents and Settings David Sambar sambar - bin server exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http www dellnet com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - - BD- A -D FF C CE - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files SbCIe dll O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - A DC -FC - be- A -E F C C A - C PROGRA PERFEC Perfectnav sucks BHO PERFEC DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run KAZAA C Program Files Kazaa kazaa exe SYSTRAY O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item Open Picture in amp Microsoft PhotoDraw - res C PROGRA MICROS Office phdintl dll phdContext htm O - Extra button SideStep HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Plugin for mpg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http active macromedia com director cabs sw cab O - DPF E AFC-EAE - CE -AC - B F C MSSecurityAdvisor Class - http protect microsoft com security protect WSA shared cab x MSSecAdv cab O - DPF D C - - BB- - DEA B CBF Web P P Installer - O - DPF BF - ABB- D - - C F A Create amp Print ActiveX Plug-in - http www imgag com cp install AxCtp cab O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A McAfee com Operating System Class - http bin mcafee com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA DwnldGroupMgr Class - http bin m... Read more

A:Perfectnav sucks

Hi Dave, and welcome to TSG..

While you have Kazaa installed on your machine, you will continue to get problems with spy/adware. Getting rid of the spy/adware will almost certainly disable Kazaa. If you want to change to a safer (if there is such a thing) P2P program then please see here for alternatives.

If you decide to get rid of Kazaa, then first, please download LSPFix from here. There is a possibility that you will lose your connection when removing Kazaa, so this program will fix it should the need arise. Just run it, click I know what I'm doing then Finish.

Next go here and download, then run Kazaabegone.

Then reboot, and please run a new HJT! Scan, and check to fix the following entries, being sure to double check that you haven't missed any. Next, close all browser windows and click the Fix checked button…

O2 - BHO: NavErrRedir Class - {A045DC85-FC44-45be-8A50-E4F9C62C9A84} - C:\PROGRA~1\PERFEC~1\BHO\PERFEC~1.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = mydomain.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{61B99B90-34BD-4F8B-B9F4-AA2914C6A74B}: NameServer = 216.127.92.38

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = mydomain.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.127.92.38

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.127.92.38

Then boot into safe mode, (see here for info if needed) and delete the entire contents of the C:\Windows\Temp (or C\:WINNT\Temp) folder, but not the folder itself. Next please find and delete the following bolded folders...

C:\PROGRA~1\PERFEC~1 (May show as C:\Program Files\PerfectNav)

C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking

Then please go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and remove if found..

Keen Value

PowerSearch toolbar for IE

Then please reboot into normal mode and download AdAware 6 181 from here.

Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by using the "web update". Then ........

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------"ON=GREEN" From main window :Click "Start" then " Activate in-depth scan". Then......

Click "Use custom scanning options>Customize" and have these options on: "Scan within archives" ,"Scan active processes","Scan registry", "Deep scan registry" ,"Scan my IE Favourites for banned URL" and "Scan my host-files". Then.........

Go to settings(the gear on top of AdAware)>Tweak>Scanning engine and tick "Unload recognised processes during scanning". Then........"Cleaning engine" and uncheck "Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion" and check "Let windows remove files in use at next reboot" Then......

Click "proceed" to save your settings.

Now to scan it’s just to click the "Scan" button.

When scan is finished, mark everything for removal and get rid of it.

Next, reboot again and download Spybot - Search & Destroy, from here: if you haven't already got the program.

Now press Settings, and Settings again. Go to the Webupdate section, and check "Display also available beta versions".

Now press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and install all updates.

Next, close all Internet Explorer windows, hit 'Check for Problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds marked RED.

Next, please reboot and post a new log for a final once over.

Cheers

Liam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perfectnav-sucks.201504/
Relevancy 38.7%

Do i have a keylogger Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System sucks -.- Virus svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe Virus sucks -.- C Program Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Dealio Toolbar SearchSettings exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program DNA btdna exe C Program AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Messenger msmsgs exe C Program RayV RayV RayV exe C Program Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C program steam steam exe C Program Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C FRAPS FRAPS EXE C Program Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program WinRAR WinRAR exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Delade filer Adobe Updater Adobe Updater exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName L nkar R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - C Program Dealio Toolbar SearchSettings dll O - BHO Dealio Toolbar - B - AF- FFB- AB - A C FB A C - C Program Dealio Toolbar DealioToolbarIE dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Delade filer Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Delade filer Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Google Google Toolbar GoogleT... Read more

A:Virus sucks -.-

I have answered your new topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-sucks.860444/
Relevancy 38.7%

Okay, I've been trying to play runescape since I just get bored. Java apparently keeps crashing on me. Before you ask, I've done the following:
Downloaded the latest version of Java
Deleted browsing history and internet cache
I'm running on google chrome, but when I tried to use IE I had the same exact problem.
Help?

A:Well, Java sucks

You could try completely unintalling Java using Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads and then reinstall the latest version.

You could also test the Java by running some other applications that require Java, it could be your Runescape installation (or the files you have to download...).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/well-java-sucks-582714.html
Relevancy 38.7%

This machine im working on has:
2.8 GHz processor
Had 2.5 GB RAM (for repairing i only have 1 GB)
its about 3 yrs old, upgraded from XP pro to 7 x86
asus p5p800-vm motherboard
80 GB SATA HDD

the BSOD says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
then something about WimFsf.sys
WimFsf.sys Address 87877317 base at 87874000 datestamp 4a5bc0a6

my perfmon could not find the file specified.

Any help is greatly appreciated

A:This BSOD really sucks

Were you modifying or mounting any WIM files at the time of the crash? You have a kernel dump file from June 8th on your system, but no other dumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102437-bsod-really-sucks.html
Relevancy 38.7%

running windows xp with all updates i'm getting pop ups from companies advertising to scan my computer for problems i click no they try to run scan anyways amp used to have aol and its security center and it told me vtsqo dll i think thats it associated with vundo winfixer was suspect i cant even delete this file in safe mode nor does it show up under running processes norton doesnt seem sucks!!! vtsqo.dll to notice any problems either i also have problems with winlogon continually shutting down now i've tried fixing this problem myself by running spybot s n d and ad-aware snd worked but adaware freezes up and vtsqo.dll sucks!!! my screen goes vtsqo.dll sucks!!! blue and tells me there was a fatal error system had to shut down technical stuff etc i'm stumped so hopefully you can help me out thx a lot people your all awesome heres my log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Kyle LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ATLDistrib Object - FCBC- D- B- BF - C FBEB - C WINDOWS system vtsqo dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus Na... Read more

A:vtsqo.dll sucks!!!

I know you're upset, but please restrain yourself in your choice of language. This is a family forum.

Thanks.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK
When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
Turn your computer back on.
Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

Also do this:

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan

Click on the "Free To Use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now and a "pop up" window will appear. * Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it *
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now * The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place *
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
Click on See report then click Save report
*Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/vtsqo-dll-sucks-95807.html
Relevancy 38.7%

i just cleaned up a sasser infection on my girlfriends computer it was easy to clean up thats why i am not sure i got it all i need someone to take a look at this logfile sasser sucks before i am confident that it is clean also is sasser sucks there any information about how to read hjt logfiles understand what is going on and determine which entries are problems i am a very hands on person and i would like to learn how to do some of this myself yall are always such a great help to me and i would like to teach myself so i can help others thanks so much guys Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS System Microsoft exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Update Microsoft exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Update Microsoft exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A - http bin mcafee com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF A -E AC- -BC E- D A E A E SassCln Object - http www microsoft com security controls SassCln CAB O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA - http bin mcafee com molbin shared mcgdmgr en-us mcgdmgr cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

The Norton anitvirus program that came preinstalled with the t6212 I bought my son recently is always acting up. I'm willing to admit I'm completely lame and don't know how to combat Norton's tendency to usurp everything on the computer, but I'd rather use a different antivirus. I already took the thing back to the dealer who erased everything and started over, but Norton's still not right.

Any suggestions?

A:norton sucks...?

Yes. I fought it and lost. I really feel something like avast is much better, more reliable, and free. You can download from www.avast.com. It does require registration but that is not a problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28936/norton-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

A few months back I installed Sims Mega Deluxe then a month later Sims I did not like Sims so I uninstalled it Then when Sucks Sims I went to play Sims MD the CD prompted me to install it I suppose I uninstalled that too but I don t remember doing that So if I go through the entire install process it tells me it was installed and asks if I want to play When I click Sims Sucks on play the program shuts down If I reinsert the disc it again prompts me to install it as though it is not on my PC at all even though it is in my list of Add Remove Programs If I try to uninstall it tells me THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO INSTALL It will not allow me to uninstall So my belief is that it was unsuccessfully uninstalled and wont let me reinstall E Machine Windows xp quot sorry there is not enough disc space free on bytes are required and only - are available quot is the message I get if I try to uninstall it AGGHHH Not enough space to uninstall nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

i probabally sound like a n3wb for asking, but I have to. Does anyone know a way to escape the gaping maws of websense? Proxies work, but the more visits the site recieves, the higher priority they are on the websense database, and consequently some fat moderator, with lasts night's fried chicken stuck between his double chins, blocks the site.(That is not my impression of this forum's moderators, just to be clear). They have done a wonderfully infruriating job of blocking nearly all proxies. i happen to find new ones every once in a while that work, but then they dont. They block all the .com, .org, and .info proxies, and since I am not admin, i cannot install a computer based proxy. Any advice (or just write me off, scold me and threaten to tell my mother )

A:Websense Sucks!

Do you know a way to get around the "quota time" thing. I get 60 mins but i can only take it in 10 min sessions, if i only go on a shopping website for 2 mins it still takes 10 mins off my quota time nightmare!!.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/websense-sucks-209530.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My computer showed the typcial symptoms of IE Defender with the pop ups and funky searches I did not click to download the software so I am not sure where I got it in the first place Anyways I have thrown practically every software I can find at this beast to remove it and they all say Defender Sucks Ie my computer is clean but I don t know if I can really trust what they say Ad-Aware Spybot AVG ThreatfireI also did a HijackThis and removed O Ie Defender Sucks - BHO Mp Video - D FD A - C- FAA-A CA-E C C CEF - C WINDOWS system mp avi dllFinally the reason that I am still nervous is that I found a thread which explained how to temporary remove it http forums spywareinfo com index php showtopic where I disabled browser add ons Since that I haven t seen any of the pop ups or anything so I don t know if the softwares removed it or if Ie Defender Sucks its still lurking Can anyone please provide me with some help ThanksJon

A:Ie Defender Sucks

We have a self-help section for removing common malware. Please see the tutorial How To Remove IE Defender

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115352/ie-defender-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

First of all I will almost never go back to Mozilla browser again thanks to IE with tab The way IE implement their tabs are much better than Mozilla especially when I can re-arrange the order of the 7 rocks and sucks IE tabs and IE 7 rocks and sucks many other features Now what I really don't like and hope to find out the answers in here are how do I add search engine providers and password management I understand that I can click on the drop down next to the magnifying icon but when I click any of the search engine providers nothing happens This procedure works on many other PCs I have but for IE 7 rocks and sucks some reason it has never worked on this particular PC Any solution to solve this problem is grateful The second thing that I miss Mozilla is the password management Is there such a password management in IE If so how do I get access to it I want to keep all my passwords to sites that I visisted but mantain a master password for all of those passwords similar to Mozilla I hope someone can help me resolve these two issues in IE

A:IE 7 rocks and sucks

You can rearrange tabs in Firefox 2.0.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-rocks-and-sucks-128518.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Originally posted in Operating System Forum - SUCKS!!!! Chips PC gt Sorry for re-posting I ve read all the posts here about PCCHIPS Board I ve even heard Dan O suggest to one member to just buy a new board PLS I can t afford it anymore coz i have machines with PcChips Board and SiS PC Chips SUCKS!!!! Video and i can t buy more new MBoards So help me pls Win SE RAM G HDD The rest are onboard including the Sis Video I only have one software installed in it a dos-based medical billing program which i ve been using in the past years I installed this software to a new machine PC Chips SUCKS!!!! w PCChips Board I don t get any lock-ups until i exit from that dos-based program when it goes back to the desktop everything PC Chips SUCKS!!!! is garbled Icons become white boxes u can t see the start bar anymore coz it s all white and I can t move the mouse anywhere The driver is properly installed I switched from colors to True Color -bit but still the same I ve tried to set the Graphic Hardware Acceleration to the lowest but still the same In BIOS tried to switch the video from PCI to AGP but no good Shared memory is MB Those are the things I thought were worth trying Please help me get out of this mess brought by PCCHIPS I just want it to be running that dos-based software smoothly coz that machine is dedicated to run only that software It s been running smoothly til it starts running in that PCCHIPS machine Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

My wife sucks vista bought a HP dv laptop with Vista Home Premium Sp on it Worst Opsys ever Last soummer I tried to dump the operating system vista sucks and install XP It wouldn t let me do it It is bit Computer has a Intel t gig processor and gb of Ram This computer takes forever to turn on and Firefox completely stopped working last vista sucks year She them started using IE it also bogged down so much it became unusable We then went to Chrome which worked for a while When she tries to read her e-mail she hasn t been about to use it for a month she has over new messages mostly junk she marks or so messages for deletion and the computer completely freezes solid Nothing works I see on this forum that others have tried re-intalling vista etc and it still doesn t work Ideally all VISTA users should sue Microsoft for mental anguish and the replacement cost of computers that have been thrown against the wall However barring that unlikely event I would like to A Install XP an operating system that actually works or vista sucks cure this problem once and for all I ve run anti malware and avast and found nothing of real concern I did have Aviva protection on it but that was getting in the way Aviva works fine on XP which I have on this newer laptop I am typing this on and on my desktop

A:vista sucks

There is no reason to blame everything on Microsoft.
In your case what sucks is your computer

Vista to run smoothly needs at least 2GB of RAM. You have just 1GB.
Dual core CPU would help as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471827/vista-sucks/
Relevancy 38.7%

everything about them and their downlaods are stupid and dumb and never work

like vista i start a download for internet ecxplorer and i think i need a service pack of 500 mb and it says in the end i need one that matches my 32 bit but they use term 86 or 64

i saw in device manager i have 32 so i guess i need the 86

am i an idoit or is micrsoft?

im getting an android tablet or getting linux-im sick of them

A:windows sucks

let me say this, steppenwolf ol' bean....Windows is WAY more user friendly than Android......gives you tons more options. I have a droid phone, love it....but if you dislike Windows, you may want to get an iphone instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sucks.1114503/