Windows Support Forum

Programs aren't working correctly.

Q: Programs aren't working correctly.

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Programs aren't working correctly.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Programs aren't working correctly.

I would post in malware/virus removal just to make sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/programs-arent-working-correctly-762753.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-working-correctly-762761.html
Relevancy 80.84%

b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.

A:keys aren't working correctly(Using on screen keyboard)

Sounds like it could be a mechanical fault Keyboards work as a matrix of switches and if there is a problem with the interconnections it can sometimes cause apparently random failures such as yours. If you were getting the wrong characters I would suspect a software issue, (which of cause it still may be),

My best advice is to see if you can find a local Tech that gives free estimates for repairs and let them diagnose it for you, if you were dealing with a desktop it would be a simple swap out of the keyboard but laptops are not that easy to either get at the keyboard to check/change or to pick up a keyboard for testing.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74553-keys-arent-working-correctly-using-screen-keyboard.html
Relevancy 80.84%

b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d6a87b2e-e53d-4aa4-a40e-ce1dce08e651/keys-arent-working-correctlyusing-on-screen-keyboard?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 73.96%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 73.1%

Edit: Found optional update was needed to stop this stuff from happening. If this can be deleted please do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568781/random-programs-arent-working/
Relevancy 72.24%

I had this same problem happen in January and was given awesome advice to fix with command prompt, but I cant find it because it was closed. It would not go online wirelessly (still dont) so I did a system restore, now it wont undo system retore, or bring up windows update or many other programs. I was trying to find the command prompt details that we're given to me 2 months ago with no luck. I am running windows 7 home premium.

A:did system restore and now certain programs aren''t working

Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD icon in the results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /F and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart your computer. Check Disk will run at next bootup and check any files.
Also in the Elevated Command prompt you can type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing files.
If you still can't connect wirelessly, go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click devmgmt icon and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed.
What is the make and model # of your computer? On an internet computer, go to the Manufacturers support/download drivers site. Type in your make and model # and download the Chipset and WiFi network adapter driver and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/did-system-restore-and-now-certain-programs-arent-working-691109.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I m trying to blame Easy Cleaner for this I made a registry backup and Easy Cleaner made a backup itself before I told it to clean my registry It scanned and removed a lot of registry entries The number was staggering I rebooted later and suddenly noticed that my logon had changed Instead of the Windows XP style You know display of names to the right click one enter password etc I was back to the old Windows gray floating box with username and password entries I didn t like it So I went in and used my registry backup restarted and it was still the gray floating box I went in and used Easy Cleaner s backup and still the gray floating box So I got miffed and tried to go uninstall Easy Cleaner And I Device Add/Remove Programs and aren't working... Manager couldn t access my Add Remove Programs But naturally I could Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working... still access it through Easy Cleaner itself so I used Easy Cleaner to uninstall itself gt gt So for about a week now I have been unable to get to Add Remove Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working... Programs and I just today found out that the Device Manager under My Computer - Properties isn t working either The same thing happens with them both The computer is busy for a second like it s trying to load them And then nothing opens nbsp

A:Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working...

And yes, I tried just re-enabling the welcome screen, it doesn't work. Welcome Screen is enabled, Fast User Switching is enabled - I still get windows classic logon. And sorry for the double post but this was three pages back and I really need help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-and-device-manager-arent-working.365663/
Relevancy 71.38%

hey guys like what i said above my task manager is not working at all i tried to right clicking the taskbar or other programs Manager working Task and installed aren't press ctrl alt del none of those worked this just happened days ago and yesterday i clicked on one of my mp files it said quot to use window media player log off windows log back on and then start window media player quot that's not it when i tried to edit a picture file i right clicked on the file and chosed edit which will normally have Paint open up with the picture in it but this time it gave me that quot Open With window and it asked me which program i wanted to open with quot this happened to alot of my other programs suck as Lexmark Scanner Adobe Photoshop MSN and none of them works when i clicked it so i googled my program and most of the forums mentioned something abt HiJackThis so i installed it and i got this so what's the problem with my computer please please help thanks in advance Logfile of Task Manager and other installed programs aren't working HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Task Manager and other installed programs aren't working winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxctcoms exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WlanUtility exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WLAN Service exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Personal Administrator My Documents HiJackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO ThunderIEHelper Class - A D-D - B A- F - D F - C WINDOWS system xunleibho v dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE O - HKCU Run Nokia PCSync quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe quot NoDialog O - HKCU Run PC Suite Tray quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe quot -onlytray O - Startup OneNote Screen... Read more

A:Task Manager and other installed programs aren't working

Hello,

Logfiles will only be looked at in the Security Forum. If you suspect that your

system is infected then please follow the instruction below

There are some different tools that the analyst will require after completing a few

steps. Please post in the following forum just follow the link below.

Maybe someone in our security forum would be able to better assist you.

At this point I recommend that you visit the security forum.

To get expert help with malware removal see the link below. Follow the steps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

After completing the steps you will be advised to post a log for one of

the experts to examine. Please use the link provided to post the log not

back here.

Be patient and it may take some time for someone to assist you as that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-and-other-installed-programs-arent-working-366053.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am on Dell Optiplex 780 running Windows 7 Professional. I recently obtained this computer from a family member. However, they could not remember the log in for it (when you first turn it on you go through ctrl-alt-del then are prompted to enter password).

I tried Ophcrack, it said it was not able to crack any passwords.

I also tried Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. This did not work either. I had a little bit of trouble with it- the username listed in the welcome screen was not one of those listed when I ran the tool. So, if someone is familiar enough with it maybe they can help me figure out what I am doing wrong? If not, some other way for me to recover or reset my password?

Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Forgot pw- recovery/reset programs aren't working (Windows 7 Professional)

Use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to enable the Hidden Administrator Account. Once that is enabled you can change the password of the the other accounts using the Administrator Account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530385/forgot-pw-recoveryreset-programs-arent-working-windows-7-professional/
Relevancy 69.23%

To start I downloaded and installed Azureus awhile ago with no trouble at all The program ran like a dream and I was very very happy with it The only problem I had before this was with Graal Online a game that I had toyed around with some time before I wanted to play with it again so I downloaded and installed it The shortcut appeared on my desktop and I double clicked it to get it to run Nothing happened I waited for & troubles, working, sort buggy, programs of some slow aren't download Processes a few seconds expecting something Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow to appear on my screen I waited for around a minute and still nothing By now I was getting annoyed so I reinstalled it and tried again Same thing After that I uninstalled Graal figuring that the program might have been buggy It was the last thing on my mind for awhile that is until I installed Azureus As I said the program ran like a dream for a long while but then Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow after a few weeks of using it it stopped working Simple as that I double clicked the shortcut on my desktop to no avail I even went as far as going into its program folder and running the exe file That didn t work either I even tried making a new shortcut but nothing would work I uninstalled Azureus and reinstalled it again Same thing happened To this day Azureus still does not work and I m getting sick of it Now my computer is being very buggy and a bit slow at times In fact when running Mozilla Firefox I went to Nexon s website and tried installing Maplestory for the one fact that it like Graal and Azureus refused to work after awhile This time I was greeted by the download simply stopping I tried again and again perhaps or more times before I gave up Then Internet Explorer went buggy Sometimes when I try to install things the download simply refuses to launch I have already posted a HiJackThis Log and it didn t prove helpful at all I m running MS Windows XP SP an Intel Pentium D CPU GHz I have MBs of RAM and have a RADEON X X video card Someone please help me I m at wit s end nbsp

A:Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow

We cannot help with any issues with Azureus as forum Rules prohibit it.

If you think you have other unrelated issues, post a HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processes-some-programs-arent-working-download-troubles-buggy-sort-of-slow.593190/
Relevancy 69.23%

To start I downloaded and installed Azureus awhile ago with no trouble at all The program ran like a & working, of download buggy, slow some aren't troubles, programs Processes sort dream and I was very very happy with it The only problem I had before this was with Graal Online a game that I had toyed around with some time before I wanted to play with it again so I downloaded and installed it The shortcut appeared on my desktop and I double clicked it to get it to run Nothing happened I waited Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow for a few seconds expecting something to appear on my screen I waited for around a minute and still nothing By now I was getting annoyed so I reinstalled it and tried again Same thing After that I uninstalled Graal figuring that the program might have been buggy It was the last thing on my mind for awhile that is Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow until I installed Azureus As I Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow said the program ran like a dream for a long while but then after a few weeks of using it it stopped working Simple as that I double clicked the shortcut on my desktop to no avail I even went as far as going into its program folder and running the exe file That didn't work either I even tried making a new shortcut but nothing would work I uninstalled Azureus and reinstalled it again Same thing happened To this day Azureus still does not work and I'm getting sick of it Now my computer is being very buggy and a bit slow at times In fact when running Mozilla Firefox I went to Nexon's website and tried installing Maplestory for the one fact that it like Graal and Azureus refused to work after awhile This time I was greeted by the download simply stopping I tried again and again perhaps or more times before I gave up Then Internet Explorer went buggy Sometimes when I try to install things the download simply refuses to launch I have already posted a HiJackThis Log and it didn't prove helpful at all I'm running MS Windows XP SP an Intel Pentium D CPU GHz I have MBs of RAM and have a RADEON X X video card Someone please help me I'm at wit's end

A:Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow

Hello

Sorry but TSF does not allow or support the use of P2P programs
Below are the rules about P2P.

Quote:

We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

I would suggest to read the rules before posting again, to make sure that you dont make the mistake again! Click here for rules and also look at the FAQ Click here to view

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/processes-and-some-programs-arent-working-download-troubles-buggy-sort-of-slow-166165.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I ran System mechanic 10 as system was running slow I then rebooted system.

Nothing changed as far as I could tell.

Ran Restore to a later date, said it completed OK.

when I run IE8 some stories on AOL home page won't open so I could read them and my Email won't open any mail.

tried running System Mechanic 10 again and now it won't initialize, it just sits there saying it is initializing.

Deleted System Mechanic 10 and thied to down load with IE8 but it wouldn't download program. I then used Mozilla Firefox to do the download and reinstalled System Mechanic 10, it still wouldn't run.

I deleted IE8 and used Mozilla Firefox to download and reinstalled it, still not working.

I then tried to run Restore again but I only get a blank screen.

I have tried running Norton Utilities and a few other repair programs but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

A:Xp programs not working correctly

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleaners Do I need a Registry Cleaner?I suggest running either the sfc /scannow ocmmand...or doing a repair install of XP...to try to replace any missing/damaged system files.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402800/xp-programs-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 67.94%

Woke up yesterday morning to find I could not sign on to the internet Went to check email on MSN and it keeps telling me msn has stopped working I also had to re check the box in connection settings for LAN and DSL or it would go to dial up Went to Firefox and it said Firefox is already running but is not responding To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system So I restarted not Programs working correctly my computer First thing that comes up is Catalyst Control Center Host application has stopped working Msn and Firefox still were doing the same as above Also quicken and quick books won't open I downloaded and reinstalled Catatlyst It opened after I did that but after I restarted my computer it stopped working again I can get on the internet by using explorer but when I open it It says A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider settings for Internet Explorer Also my weather channel app won't but displays a temp that is not even close to my area I ran a full virus scan and nothing I did set up another Programs not working correctly user account on Programs not working correctly my computer and everything works on it Thanks for any help Kevin

A:Programs not working correctly

Try doing a System Restore to a date before you had the problem. This will show you how to do it if you are not familiar. System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278207-programs-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Good afternon to everybody and thank for the help

the problem is that something in computer says " A problem caused the program to stop working correctlty. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".this stuff came out when i open and close every program. so because of this the internet explorer does not work , so i cannot get internet . i mean it is connect to internet but it does not work.

thanks a lot

A:programs stop working correctly

Hi,
Is the problem Internet Explorer of some other program?
Re-installing the program often does the trick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/programs-stop-working-correctly-478068.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Ok so I can start these programs from my desktop and I can also work within my programs but when I try to do something like minimize it a notice will pop up and say that All HijackThis Working Correctly! inside Not Programs Log quot an error has occured in your program quot Then it gives you Ignore and Close as two options but the Ignore button does not work no matter how much I press it so I have to press close Afterwards a blue screen covers the screen and says quot Fatal exception OE has occured at BFF DFFF and current program will terminate quot so I press a key to terminate and then I come back to my regular screen but it s black and a notice says quot general protection fault in module MMSYSTEM DLL at db quot so All Programs Not Working Correctly! HijackThis Log inside I press close and then I m back to my regular screen except for a couple dark spots Thanks for your help Here s my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP All Programs Not Working Correctly! HijackThis Log inside Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C OFFICE SOINTGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES EASY KEYBOARD EASYKEY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATIPTAXX EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C USBSTORAGE USBDETECTOR EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGAMSVR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS KODAKCCS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES AIM AIM EXE C PROGRAM FILES KODAK KODAK SOFTWARE UPDATER PROGRAM KODAK SOFTWARE UPDATER EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD SGMAIN EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD SGBHP EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO EXEC EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACK THIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride searchap un td com localhost windowsupdate microsof t com windowsupdate com wustat windows com pog o com test-speed com liveupdate symantecliveupdate com liveup date symantec com service symantec com nai com networkassociates com O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD DLPROTECT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F C - FB - FE-BA - E DDE - C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO TOOLBAR DLL O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F F ECBE-D - B -B - A E F A - C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO TOOLBAR DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Easykey C Program Files Easy Keyboard Easykey exe O - HKLM Run SoundFusion RunDll cwcprops cpl CrystalControlWnd O - HKLM Run ATIGART c ati gart atigart exe O - HKLM Run AtiCwd Aticwd exe O - HKLM Run AtiQiPcl AtiQiPcl exe O - HKLM Run SO Integrator Pass Two C OFFICE SOINTGR EXE O - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run USBDetector C USBStorage USBDetector exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG AMSVR C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM Run KodakCCS c windows System Drivers KodakCCS ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-programs-not-working-correctly-hijackthis-log-inside.315425/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I ve been having this issue for a few months correctly? using Solved: RAM (low aren't fps) Games since March Throughout the months I ve been using short-term solutions Before this problem my hard drive died and had to get a new one So far everything seems fine except when I game Usually I expect fps on the usual games I play Guild Wars Smite etc But now ever since I had my hard drive replaced this issue has been really bothering me I get fps on Guild Wars and fps on Smite I ve tried multiple diagnoses and what I ve examined was that the games I play are not using my RAM properly You see when I play Guild Wars in normal conditions where I don t have this RAM issue my computer uses approximately - mb megabytes RAM in total But now with this issue my RAM uses about mb RAM in total Other games that are fairly demanding have the same issue too The solutions I tried at first was uninstalling the numerous Microsoft Visual C Solved: Games aren't using RAM correctly? (low fps) programs needed to run games with DirectX For a while this worked I managed to play my games at their respective frames until I turn off my computer I then had to reinstall the C programs and uninstall them to get their effect But this doesn t work anymore for some reason Another solution I tried was after I play a game that would give me low fps I would quickly restart my computer and the game runs normally again in their respective frames The final solution I tried was messing with the RAM configuration in msconfig this actually lasted a while I go to Boot gt Advanced Options gt Check Maximum memory gt Set it to gb gt Restart I managed to play normally but my total usable RAM was set to Later on after a few weeks early May when this solution didn t work anymore I unchecked the Maximum memory and restarted and it would give the same effect Until of course it stopped working I may think it s a hardware issue but I downloaded HeavyLoad and stress tested my RAM and it would actually use up pretty much all of my RAM highest record was k mb of RAM So what I ve been seeing is that the games I play are not using my RAM properly I don t know how to fix this This issue does not affect anything at all except the games I play Another note is that I have not played a non-Directx game that would cause noticeable lag All the games that give me this fps issue are Directx games I don t know if it s just that I haven t played any non-Directx games that are demanding enough or it s just Directx games not using my RAM properly My specs ASUS G VX Processor Intel Core i - QM GHz GPU Nvidia GTX MX OS Windows today I installed the technical preview of Windows from Windows hoping to resolve the issue it didn t Thank you the reading and I sincerely hope you have the solution nbsp

A:Solved: Games aren't using RAM correctly? (low fps)

The info given could be several things. When you replaced your HDD and reinstalled Windows did you make sure all the drivers were up to date? Outdated drivers can cause issues like you mentioned.

You didn't mention the make, model, or wattage of your PSU. The first thing I thought of was a PSU that may be failing.

8 GB of RAM isn't a lot for heavy gaming so that could be a problem.

You also mentioned that this only happens on Direct X games. Have you tried uninstalling Direct X and downloading the latest version?

You sound pretty tech savvy so please don't be offended by these questions. The obvious can easily be overlooked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-games-arent-using-ram-correctly-low-fps.1149413/
Relevancy 65.36%

I m using XP Pro sp pentium dual core GHZ and gb Ram with Webroot SpySweeper was working Task it Blue programs correctly & White, not turned Bar and AVG Free and Free Avast and it s been working great with anti-virus programs for about years That s not the problem but I think it s some kind of Root Kit Virus that turned the task bar white it was blue when it was running great and Webroot lost it s sheduling I can t set scan shedules and in System Properties can t view devices and Avast is shut down can t start it I uninstalled Avast and then reinstalled it same problem AVG is working perfectly scanning on shedule and updating ok AVG found registry errors and took care of them Webroot SpySweeper works ok but can t shedule Task Bar turned White, it was Blue & programs not working correctly scans All other programs work ok and open rather fast I ran RKill Unhide Combo Fix and TDSS Killer and still have the same problem Anybody have any Ideas what s going on here I would greatly appreciate any help Thanks Richy

A:Task Bar turned White, it was Blue & programs not working correctly

Hello,Since you have run ComboFix, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log already generated in the new topic. Please DO NOT run ComboFix again unless instructed to do so. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474977/task-bar-turned-white-it-was-blue-programs-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 64.5%

My little brother was trying to download questhelper for world of warcraft and for some odd reason he clicked on Open with- Internet explorer. Now everytime he tries to download sometime IE starts popping up and closing out over & over again in a seizure like way. He has Window's Vista and I have no clue how to help him fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Downloaded files aren't opening correctly

Use 'System Restore'.

Type Restore into the Start menu search box.

If this problem happened a day or so ago, check the box 'Choose a different restore point'. Choose the most recent date prior to the problem.
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-files-arent-opening-correctly.820414/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to download Microsoft Home & Student 2010 onto my HP Laptop. It gets halfway through the installation & then says that it can't finish because it found another version of Microsoft already on my computer. I checked my computer, but it doesn't have any Microsoft listed as being installed on my computer. How can I uninstall it, if it's not listed under the installed programs list?!?!

Relevancy 56.33%

I don t know what my dad did but he s having problems with his laptop When you go to open pretty much any program you either get an error that says quot programname exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program quot or a message that says quot this application failed to initialize properly xc Click on ok to terminate the application quot No spyware programs can load properly so I can t try to clean anything Also internet explorer will not connect to any websites but netscape seems to be working fine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe programs log aren't opening...hjt C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WrOS EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP programs aren't opening...hjt log SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu programs aren't opening...hjt log SonyTray exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR programs aren't opening...hjt log exe C DOCUME POKEYR LOCALS Temp Rar EX Hi jackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPoET C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinHound C Program Files WinHound WinHound exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know what my dad did but he's having problems with his laptop When you go to open pretty programs opening... aren't much any program you either get an error that says quot programname exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program quot or a message that says quot this application failed to initialize properly xc Click programs aren't opening... on ok to terminate the application quot No spyware programs can load properly so I can't try to clean anything Also internet explorer will not connect to any websites but netscape seems to be working fine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask programs aren't opening... exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET programs aren't opening... WrOS EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME POKEYR LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPoET C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinHound C Program Files WinHound WinHound exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Pictu... Read more

A:programs aren't opening...

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

Download & extract it to it's own folder - smitRem.exe

Download and install Ewido Security SuiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options",uncheck - Install background guard

Have Ewido update itself & then exit the program.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

You're running HijackThis from a zipped archive. That is not advisable. HijackThis is able to create backups whenever if fixes any entry. These are stored in a subfolder called backups. As such, we advise against placing the program in any temporary folders. Please create a new folder - C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Extract/unzip HijackThis.exe into that directory & run it from there.

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch200.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://keyword.netscape.com/keyword/%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinHound] C:\Program Files\WinHound\WinHound.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

* * * * * * UN-INSTALLING PROGRAMS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs: ViewPoint
Please note any other programs that you dont recognize in that list in your next response

* * * * * * DELETING FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Tick - 'S... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-opening-89419.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to reinstall Adobe Creative Suite CS within Win using the special routine devised by Adobe I had been sailing along continuing to use CS first released in when a message popped up two days ago saying that because activation was now closed I had to uninstall the suite and reinstall it with special files that had been provided by the company back in I could no longer ignore Adobe that aren't delete but to 'programs' running Need be said to are I have tried Need to delete 'programs' that are said to be running but aren't to install the whole suite using the supplied files but there are a few problems within Photoshop at least So I have uninstalled the suite several times and tried again without full success My latest try has stalled as it is said that a program is already running I am now trying to use a Win compatibility setting in the setup files to see if this helps The general Windows issue I am raising is how do I delete a leftover folder that seems to be preventing me from doing another reinstall There is a folder Need to delete 'programs' that are said to be running but aren't called Adobe within Programs that contains just one subfolder entitled Adobe within which are two further subfolders that refer to Illustrator and Version Cue Only the latter has anything in it I have tried but I cannot delete the whole folder How this folder is preventing the latest reinstall is a mystery to me but I assume that this is what Adobe is talking about There are no programs within CS that are running in the normal sense I very Need to delete 'programs' that are said to be running but aren't much hope that someone can help me with this Previous installation attempts have been apparently successful but within Photoshop many image files pdf and jpg don't open properly Often a box will pop up naming a filename but nothing is in the box I haven't tried out Illustrator and InDesign Someone in Adobe Community says that I shouldn't be trying to run CS under Win but this is misinformed It is perfectly able to run it under Win And it was doing so two days ago

A:Need to delete 'programs' that are said to be running but aren't

Try removing the programs from Safe Mode. They probable are running in Safe Mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390841-need-delete-programs-said-running-but-arent.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Recently I've been having an incredibly frustrating problem. Whenever i close one of my programs, they don't terminate. You can't see them on the desktop or anything but they're still running according to Task Manager and other detection systems.

Untitled.png   43.89KB
  0 downloads

As you can see above, The program in question (Company of Heroes 2) was closed, but it still running. This also happens for an assortment other programs seemingly at random. (Also process hacker itself, ironically) If i attempt to end the process in Task Manager, it does nothing; attempting to do it on Process Hacker instead returns this:

Untitled1.png   39.64KB
  0 downloads

I'm on my beams end here. I've tried most things that i could think of (Drivers, MBM, Norton) and some help would really be appreciated!
Obligatory Speecy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RjrQxBLWzP2cF1xRxPx33Qs

A:Programs aren't closing properly.

Looking at the Speccy snapshot, the only thing that I can suggest is that it may be something to do with the Superfetch service.  There's a short article on Techradar - http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-superfetch-makes-windows-faster-639643 - which gives a flavour of what it does - it also applies to Windows 8.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517240/programs-arent-closing-properly/
Relevancy 55.9%

thank you very much in advance to whomever helps me out properly programs running aren't when i boot my pc i get a missing dll file from the dragon natually speaking software i uninstalled and a quot windows is running low on virtual memory quot right at startup and my programs aren t working properly firefox crashes after a few minutes operating and some of my programs won t load files properly or at all like my comic book displayer CDisplay and my online games won t boot at all among other problems because of that i m typing my difficulties in my hijack programs aren't running properly this log and i ll add the other logs as soon as possible Logfile of Trend programs aren't running properly Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C programs aren't running properly WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now Client Agentsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BackupSvc exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files SlimDrivers SlimDrivers exe C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Franklin My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook BitLord Security Bar Toolbar - c d - - b-aaa - c dbf - C Program Files BitLord Security Bar prxtbBit dll R - URLSearchHook WhiteSmoke US Toolbar - cce dd-f dd- - e-eaec f ef - C Program Files WhiteSmoke US prxtbWhi dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO BitLord Security Bar - c d - - b-aaa - c dbf - C Program Files BitLord Security Bar prxtbBit dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO WhiteSmoke US - cce dd-f dd- - e-eaec f ef - C Program Files WhiteSmoke US prxtbWhi dll O - BHO Java tm P... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

Sorry if there have been threads created like this in the past I wasn t able to find any with the search feature I thought that it might be a good idea to start a thread for good programs that a Share well good programs known aren't that lot of people might not know about I m constantly trying out new stuff and I always like to hear about good software So here s my recommendation to you all Slickrun get it here http www bayden com Share good programs that aren't well known SlickRun In my opinion this should come bundled with the Windows operating system I m amazed that more people haven t heard of Share good programs that aren't well known this program Very rarely do I even need to navigate through folders to access a file I can use slickrun to launch any program directory song the control panel etc from slickrun It floats wherever you want it to on your screen and can be hid in the tray It is very easy to configure and there is also a support forum where people share various tricks to use One example of what it can do I can type in quot google meatballs quot into slickrun Then slickrun will open up my default browser navigate to google search for meatballs and display the results all on it s own Okay I suppose I wrote a little too much about slickrun Please share the great programs that you ve ran across but know most people probably don t know about Please don t name off any commonly used programs though

A:Share good programs that aren't well known

Daemon Tools - Allows you to mound iso images saved on your hard drive as if they were actual cd's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15961/share-good-programs-that-arent-well-known/
Relevancy 55.9%

Before I start anything my problem is going to be hard for me to describe aren't programs blink Various responding and and therefore has been hard to find a fix anywhere If anything needs clarification let me know I'll try my best The problem just happened in the last week Nothing has been downloaded or installed except a few steam games There's nothing new Various programs blink and aren't responding and only some programs are affected Some are affected more often and worse than others The Problem The biggest area of problem is my games on steam Steam starts up fine and the games start up fine Once I'm into the games it starts When Various programs blink and aren't responding I click the screen of the game it sort of blinks and for a split second I can see Not Responding next to the title and if I check the task manager sometimes it says it in there too until I close the game down When I click at the same time as the not responding and when it blinks the blink is actually replacing the area with whatever is behind the game for a split second the desktop or a web browser and sometimes it acts as if I click the desktop or browser and switches to that It makes the games unplayable because it happens too often during play Sometimes the games even freeze and say not responding and I can't do anything except close it I've also had the problem in windows solitaire and excel It's happened a few times in Google chrome but almost never Because I don't really understand the problem and have never experienced this before I'm honestly not even sure where to put this I've put it on the steam forums but had no luck there yet I've looked for a fix but I've found nothing alike what I have I have run various cleaners and manually cleaned up my comp I've uninstalled and re-installed steam and the problem persists

A:Various programs blink and aren't responding

Hello deadmoon27,

I really can't determine if this is an Operating System problem or malware, without more info.

Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/various-programs-blink-and-arent-responding-615487.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi this is going to sound v v simple question but something i have often wondered. If I look around windows 7 it is possible to see all the code and reigstries along with all their .dll's etc etc.

This is all open right?

So what is the difference between that and "open-source"

I mean without sounding like I have malice, what is to stop someone copying the code and changing it and giving it another name?

In other words, i guess my question is, what makes windows "closed and propritary" whilst linux is open - since ALL programs and OS are written on your hard drive for me to read?

Thanks!!

A:Aren't all programs open source? Windows allows changes right?

Quote: Originally Posted by lister

Hi this is going to sound v v simple question but something i have often wondered. If I look around windows 7 it is possible to see all the code and reigstries along with all their .dll's etc etc.

This is all open right?

So what is the difference between that and "open-source"

I mean without sounding like I have malice, what is to stop someone copying the code and changing it and giving it another name?

In other words, i guess my question is, what makes windows "closed and propritary" whilst linux is open - since ALL programs and OS are written on your hard drive for me to read?

Thanks!!

"The term open source describes practices in production and development that promote access to the end product's source materials" wiki quote.

That means anyone can make changes to the system to facilitate another function.

Microsoft does not allow that and they dont release the "code" for their operating systems to the general public making it more difficult to develop apps for it.

Users can change the configuration and some minor things but have no knowledge of the underlying code.

In other words if you had the proper tools and experience you could look at "Linux" code but cannot without major difficulties do that with MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192247-arent-all-programs-open-source-windows-allows-changes-right.html
Relevancy 55.04%

As the title suggests my programs are refusing to open on start up This started happening about two weeks ago but all it took was a quick restart to fix but now I have to restart - times before the programs slowly load Here's my hijackthis log Code Logfile of Trend Micro start on Programs up! [SOLVED] opening aren't HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files [SOLVED] Programs aren't opening on start up! x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel h s PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item Download FLV video content with IDM - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEGetVL htm O - Extra context menu item Download with IDM - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEExt htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O - AppInit DLLs C Windows SysWOW guard dll O - Service Agere Modem Call Progress Audio AgereModemAudio - Unknown owner - C Windows system agr svc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service Ati External Event Uti... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Programs aren't opening on start up!

Which programs are not opening?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-programs-arent-opening-on-start-up-364684.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have found that when I go to one particular website, which is for Channel 5 in Nashville TN, that it won't go to newschannel5, but to a bunch of ad sites. I run mal-warebytes, etc., and it's not being detected at all. This is annoying as can be. I don't know what to do to get rid of this problem.

A:My mal-ware programs aren't finding the redirect virus

I just went to http://www.newschannel5.com/ and it shows up just fine

Since you said you go to one particular website, I imagine you do not have issues with any other website

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533960/my-mal-ware-programs-arent-finding-the-redirect-virus/
Relevancy 54.61%

Symptoms include google search results being redirected audio ads being played through the speakers homepage hijacked dramatic drop in internet connection quality all files being hidden on the computer and quot Smart HDD quot scareware I managed to fix the last symptom on my own but I m Most Ignored programs and Those Stubborn by Blocked, are That Antirootkit Aren't. Rootkit-- at the end of my abilities to troubleshoot and now I require assistance I ve tried a multitude of malware scanners rootkit scanners and general antivirus scanners all to no avail I d appreciate any help given Also my computer keeps trying to Stubborn Rootkit-- Most Antirootkit programs are Blocked, and Ignored by Those That Aren't. access a particular IP address DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Melissa at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Stubborn Rootkit-- Most Antirootkit programs are Blocked, and Ignored by Those That Aren't. Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral afc f cfedd STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card Stubborn Rootkit-- Most Antirootkit programs are Blocked, and Ignored by Those That Aren't. bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x D-Link DWA- revA ANIWConnService exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Dell DellD... Read more

A:Stubborn Rootkit-- Most Antirootkit programs are Blocked, and Ignored by Those That Aren't.

Hello guardian4600 , Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the ADD REPLY button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.Do you have a USB Flash Drive you can use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466918/stubborn-rootkit-most-antirootkit-programs-are-blocked-and-ignored-by-those-that-arent/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I downloaded a random ftp uploader today and opening. aren't New Computer super virus. and Help! programs is slow, now my computer is running like crap I ran adaware and it removed items but it s still exactly the same Super slow and certain programs won t open Here is my Hijack This log Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe Help! New virus. Computer is super slow, and programs aren't opening. C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS avp exe C WINDOWS mgrs exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net Help! New virus. Computer is super slow, and programs aren't opening. R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run HostManager Help! New virus. Computer is super slow, and programs aren't opening. C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run CTDrive rundll exe C WINDOWS System drvtar dll startup O - HKLM Run avp C WINDOWS avp exe O -... Read more

A:Help! New virus. Computer is super slow, and programs aren't opening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-new-virus-computer-is-super-slow-and-programs-arent-opening.638144/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

We have a very irritating problem. One of our users has IE10 installed on her Windows 7 laptop. When she tries to download any installer program e.g. WinRAR, Firefox etc., she receives the dropdown bar in IE. She right-clicks the bar and selects download this file and saves it to her desktop. It looks like it downloads successfully, but when she looks at her desktop, the downloaded executable isn't there. This happens when she tries to save the file to other folders as well. We tried disabling her antivirus program to see if that resolves the problem and it doesn't.

Does anyone know how to resolve this crazy issue??

Thanks

A:Downloaded Internet Programs Aren't Showing Up Anywhere on Hard Drive

Normally the default download location is the User's Downloads folder and remain there until changed in Options of the Download Manager, available by clicking on the IE Gear icon to access Tools>View Downloads.

Otherwise to have a file downloaded to Desktop would require choosing Save As in the individual Download dialogue popup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296657-downloaded-internet-programs-arent-showing-up-anywhere-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 53.32%

Very often when I click on links my desktop goes absolutely nowhere. The link will change color as if it recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. The links are valid and working. My laptop has no problem opening these same links. Please help me if you know what is happening. I have searched my settings but I have not found an option to turn the links on or off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90677/some-links-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, so somehow I got websave on my computer, and it was really annoying so I downloaded adwcleaner to fix it, then I ran the software then restarted my computer. When I restarted, I couldn't open mozilla, so I deleted it then used internet explorer (which works fine) to redownload it. That didn't work so I tried google chrome. That didn't work either. In both cases when I tried opening the browser I opened windows task manager to see what was going on. Both times the browser would load up to about 2000 K then stop, at the same time it was loading, windows problem reporting would load to about the same memory the stop suddenly as well. I don't know what the problem is... Please help me. Thank you

A:Browsers aren't working

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift Key while starting Firefox. You may have a add-on that is keeping Firefox from starting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browsers-arent-working-802410.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 53.32%

example:

please help!

A:the colors aren't working

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is your issue just related to Youtube ? ...

Does it happen in all Browsers or just Chrome ? ...

Please fill in your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376136-colors-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

icons such as internet explorer are now responisve when trying to open,

any ideas......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/icons-arent-working-325113.html
Relevancy 53.32%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past few months I ve had problems with some of my quot security quot shortcuts It started when I tried to open AVG and run a scan When I click on the icon I get a pop up stating the quot program working.... Some shortcuts aren't exe quot associated with the icon has changed or moved and do I want to delete the icon I noticed that I had an AVG update come in prior to this problem so I figured it was an AVG problem and I have been working with their customer support people to try and fix it I ve also noticed that other quot security quot programs have Some shortcuts aren't working.... the same problem When I click on quot malwarebytes quot and quot whatsrunning quot I get the same box I just downloaded superantispyware and tried to run it but had the same problem with the desktop Some shortcuts aren't working.... icon I have Spyware Terminator and its working fine I haven t found any other programs that are having the same issues The tech I ve been working with at AVG has had me run uninstall and other programs trying to find the issue but we ve gotten nowhere I can t open AVG to run a scan I get the error box noted above but when I go to my Security Center it shows that quot AVG reports up to date and active quot I haven t been able to reinstall AVG because of an error with a program in Firefox called Chrome I just need some advice on how to fix the problem with the missing or moved programs so my shortcuts will work I don t believe its a virus I ve used Spy Terminator numerous times and its not finding any problems

A:Some shortcuts aren't working....

"Chrome" is a Google browserhttp://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...p;utm_medium=ha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215310/some-shortcuts-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 53.32%

Just today, while I was going on YouTube to watch some videos, I turned on my speakers and played the video. For some reason, the sound didn't come out. I turned the speakers on and off, but that didn't work. I unplugged the wire hooking it up to the computer, but that didn't work either.

Please, someone help me fix this problem. I don't want to resort to buying new ones.

A:Speakers aren't working

Why not start with some details about the configuration? Also, did you try plugging earphones in the speaker jack to see if it's the computer or the speakers? I'd do that before I bought new speakers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.691053/
Relevancy 53.32%

i reinstalled windows xp professional because of viruses. Now for some reason i cannot change my video settings and the display adapters arent showing up in my device manager. there is no display adapter tab. Also i cann ot get my speakers to work. the computer doesnt see that i am connecting speakers in the back of my computer but it does recognize my headset that is pluggged into the front.

A:Speakers aren't working

Did you reinstall all of the motherboard drivers and chipset drivers? These would all have to reinstalled after a fresh reinstallation of windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.896694/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 53.32%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently got given a Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 Model: 1014

I plugged it in and went to windows update, it installed the keyboard and all working.

Now i have a program that i want to configure the F1 keys to make them do something in the program, I've done this before on my old keyboard but this time it isn't recognising.... F2 key is recognised as CTRL+Z

I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from MS website and its not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

A:F2 F3 F4..... Keys aren't working

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that those keys are not detected correctly at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57667-f2-f3-f4-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had this problem since I upgraded to Vista. All softwares I used before in Windows XP worked without any problem, but most of them now support Vista and they are giving me tons of problems everyday.
What is this happening?

A:Why softwares aren't working?

Software makers have got to rewrite their code to make it work with Vista. Keep checking the maker of the software websites for Vista updates.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/113916-why-softwares-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

My Home page works, but when I tab to another page it will not connect at all

but firefox works when I tab a page

IE 7 worked Saturday night and then Sunday morning , only page working was home page
thanks

A:Tab Pages aren't working

Hi and welcome to TSF try resetting IE How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tab-pages-arent-working-664988.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 52.89%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 52.89%

My buddy Kyle recently (actually yesterday) go a new computer that came installed with Vista. He downgraded to XP and now he can't get on the internet or anything, a bunch of drivers aren't working.

Fix? Downgrading is possible, I've seen it done before but I don't remember what to do.
Thanks,
Drew

ps:
I am also planning to do this on my laptop with vista, and I want to do it without all the driver issues.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers for my pc. They worked fine until I put together a new build. Now, only my rear speakers put out sound. I've tested them and configured them properly, but still no good. Anybody know a fix?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/125892-speakers-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all and and as a disclaimer please excuse any and all of my ignorance, I am not at all very good with computers, it even took me a minute to figure out my OS lol! but i have a serious problem: My USB drivers are no longer reading my phones and other devices the message i get is "USB Device Not Recognized", When i click the message and go through the troubleshoot it gets no where. It's like my computer doesn't even realize that the devices and drivers are malfunctioning, also i don't know if it is related but it seems like files, apps and folders are constantly being deleted without my consent and no one else has access to my pc. i suspect foul play hidden in my system. Any help would be very appreciated. thank you so much everyone!

A:USB Drivers aren't working for my devices.

Welcome to the forums!
Have you ran any malware/Virus scans?

I would suggest malwarebytes. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

The free version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278100-usb-drivers-arent-working-my-devices.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got something strange going on Within the last - days things have stopped working on my computer Notepad calculator task manager - just about anything with manager in it isn't working - update manager lots of things working aren't Things anymore on the control panel - too many to list I did get a couple of strange messages a week or so ago One was something about d screen saver no longer working - or something like that I googled it and couldn't find anything Things aren't working anymore Then I got another one that was csc exe not working but again couldn't find anything I'm running windows professional bit operating system I have run AVG malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency kit - no viruses found Let me know what other information Things aren't working anymore you need to help fix this problem Thanks Edited to add I was looking around and downloaded the tweaking com windows repair and did the proper power reset When I turned the computer back on I got these messages csc Things aren't working anymore exe application error The application was unable to start correctly xc Click ok to close the application lgfxTray module has stopped working persistence module has stopped working hkcmd module has stopped working Tried to run the windows repair and it won't start I got a cmd exe application error message - same as the csc exe one I'm guessing I've got a virus or malware or something Just thought this extra information might be helpful

A:Things aren't working anymore

If this happened to me, I'd restore from my last good full system backup.  If you don't have one, I'd consider this a learning experience.  Then save any data you don't want to lose, and try System Restore.  If that doesn't help,
restore your system to factory settings, and reload your software.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603108/things-arent-working-anymore/
Relevancy 52.89%

Oh god someone PLEASE help me Certain websites aren't working for me via Fx amp IE but they are working for others In fact I had just installed AVG thought that was part of the problem amp uninstalled it I'm going back to Anti Vir but it's still a problem Some sites aren't loading at all others certain buttons click others just act as dead links amp yes I did reboot when I uninstalled AVG I have other issues too but that may be an OS problem I have to find someone to help me troubleshoot the other problems I hope you find something in here Thank youMichelleDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Michelle on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Avira AntiVir Personal - Properly Aren't Browsers My Working Help, - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly UTC - RP - Installed iTunesBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Michelle exe --------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS ATKKBService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exeC Program Files Simpleology simpleology Wimiki simpleology Wimiki exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC Program Files Shelltoys Personal Assistant assistant exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files SysSense SysSense exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Adobe Re... Read more

A:Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly

Oops, I guess there were 2 docs, here's the other one...Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) SP 3.0Architecture: X86; Language: EnglishCPU 0: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHzPercentage of Memory in Use: 57%Physical Memory (total/avail): 2046.48 MiB / 876.17 MiBPagefile Memory (total/avail): 3939.16 MiB / 2947.32 MiBVirtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1899.59 MiBA: is Removable (FAT)C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 60.55 GiB total, 44.49 GiB free. D: is Fixed (NTFS) - 58.59 GiB total, 54.93 GiB free. E: is Fixed (NTFS) - 67.17 GiB total, 53.98 GiB free. I: is Removable (FAT)J: is Removable (No Media)K: is Removable (No Media)L: is Removable (No Media)Z: is CDROM (No Media)\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - ST3200826AS - 186.31 GiB - 3 partitions \PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 60.55 GiB - C: \PARTITION1 - Installable File System - 58.59 GiB - D: \PARTITION2 - Installable File System - 67.17 GiB - E:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device - 54.91 MiB - 1 partition \PARTITION0 (bootable) - MS-DOS V4 Huge - 61.11 MiB - I:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE3 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All UsersAPPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Michelle\Application DataCLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zipCLIENTNAME=ConsoleCommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME=MICHELLE-E1D0D2ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exeFP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NOHOMEDRIVE=C:HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\MichelleLOGONSERVER=\\MICHELLE-E1D0D2NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2OS=Windows_NTPath=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.PSC1PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL=6PROCESSOR_REVISION=0f06ProgramFiles=C:\Program FilesPROMPT=$P$GQTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zipRNLOG_BASEKEY=Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\BrowserRecordPluginLogSESSIONNAME=ConsoleSystemDrive=C:SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWSTEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Michelle\LOCALS~1\TempTMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Michelle\LOCALS~1\TempUSERDOMAIN=MICHELLE-E1D0D2USERNAME=MichelleUSERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Michellewindir=C:\WINDOWS-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------Michelle (admin)Administrator (new local, admin)Guest.MICHELLE-E1D0D2 (new local, guest)-- Add/Remove Programs --------------------------------------------------------- --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0 --> C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\{CA255F44-B057-4428-BBE6-50C5022A23C8}\QBReplace... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152075/help-my-browsers-arent-working-properly/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have the Philips MMS205 which consists of 4 satellite speakers and a subwoofer. My sound card is a Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer. My satellites are properly hooked up to the subwoofer. The line IN on the subwoofer is connected to the line OUT on the computer, and the surround IN is connected to the Rear OUT on the computer. However, the problem is that only ONE of the satelites and the subwoofer are working, the other three satelites are not emitting any sounds. Please reply if you know what is wrong and/or what i can try. Thanks.

A:satellite speakers aren't working

1) Can you try the speakers on another computer? They may be bad.

2) Try the front out to the surround speakers and see if they both work.

This should pin the problem down.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/satellite-speakers-arent-working.34427/
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went good, and I'm fully satisfied with Windows 10, but when I called a friend on Skype, I couldn't hear him at all. Not in my headphones. I searched on Google and saw on a lot of forums that if I unninstal that "VIA HD Audio (Win 10) it will fix my problem, but it didn't.[/B] They're still not working, even after I updated the driver back. I also installed Realtek HD Audio driver, after seeing on other forum, but it still didn't work at all. When I click on the speaker icon, go to playback devices, it's not showing headphones, but only speakers. Do you guys know what I can do ? Do you got any idea? I don't want to go back to Windows 7 just because of this.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/129618-headphones-arent-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having trouble with the links in my emails. They won't click to their target . . . TSG.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Xico

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I've been trying to do some online work similar to MTurk but a little different and my problem is the submit button doesn't work in IE for me When I try to click on it nothing happens I was receiving a small error message on the left side of the browser on the bottom but that's gone away now Just to clarify this ISN'T my own website I'm having trouble with I have gone on the message board of the job aren't buttons working IE9 submit to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem but it seems to be working fine for everyone else I have attempted to try it out on other computers in my house but I get the same problem I am using IE on Windows On the webpage itself I got the view source so I'm going to paste what it says lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt title gt lt style gt body font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size em color black p font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal color black margin-top - px b font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight bold color black margin-top - px H font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size pt color red H font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size pt color maroon pre font-family quot Lucida Console quot font-size em marker font-weight bold color black text-decoration none version color gray error margin-bottom px expandable text-decoration underline font-weight bold color navy cursor hand lt style gt lt head gt lt body bgcolor quot white quot gt lt span gt lt H gt Server Error in ' Judge' Application lt hr width size color silver gt lt H gt lt h gt lt i gt An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt i gt lt h gt lt span gt IE9 submit buttons aren't working lt font face quot Arial Helvetica Geneva SunSans-Regular sans-serif quot gt lt b gt Description lt b gt IE9 submit buttons aren't working An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in IE9 submit buttons aren't working the code lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Exception Details lt b gt System ServiceModel FaultException An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Source Error lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt table width bgcolor quot ffffcc quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt code gt lt pre gt Line DateTime t DateTime Now Line lt font color red gt Line string appDataXML judgingClient GetApplicationDataXml hitAppID lt font gt Line Line DateTime t DateTime Now lt pre gt lt code gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt br gt lt b gt Source File lt b gt d app WebV build Views GetTemplate aspx cs lt b gt amp nbsp amp nbsp Line lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Stack Trace lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt table width bgcolor quot ffffcc quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt code gt lt pre gt FaultException An error occurred when verifying security for the message MessageSecurityException An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail System Runtime Remoting Proxies RealProxy HandleReturnMessage IMessage reqMsg IMessage retMsg System Runtime Remoting Proxies RealProxy PrivateInvoke MessageData amp amp msgData Int type Microsoft Search UHRS Client ServiceReference IJudging GetApplicationDataXml Int HitAppID Uhrs Web GetTemplate Page Load Object sender EventArgs e in d app WebV build Views GetTemplate aspx cs System Web Util CalliHelper EventArgFunctionCaller IntPtr fp Object o Object t EventArgs e System Web UI Control LoadRecursive System Web UI Page ProcessRequestMain Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint lt pre gt lt code gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt br gt lt hr width size color silver gt lt b gt Version Information lt b gt amp nbsp Microsoft NET Framework Version ASP NET Version lt font gt Thank you in advance for your help

A:IE9 submit buttons aren't working

Is Java enabled? Up to date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-submit-buttons-arent-working-670612.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Everytime I want to hibernate my computer to leave it on overnight, it goes into updates. It updates, then restarts about once or twice saying that the updates weren't configured correctly, and it must revert the changes. It's happened about 5 times and I'd like to fix this.

A:Windows updates aren't working.

hi go to start control panel in classic view,windows update,on the lefthand side,change settings,click the install updates automatically and change the time for update to be downloaed and installed.or change to download and let me choose

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-arent-working-409577.html
Relevancy 52.89%

How's it goin,
I seem to have a problem with games that i put on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3680, 64mb graphics card). They all install correctly but when I play 'Lord of the Rings-BFME II' it loads the black screen then comes up with a blue background and all these error messages and shuts the computer down. I also have 'Worms-World Party' demo which loads black screen thens returns to desktop and error message 'worms world party has been stopped, sending error report', even tho my 'dawn of war-wa 'demo works fine. I have re-installed both games plus running them both as administrator, can't seem to figure it out, all programs work perfectly on my laptop it's just games that are a hassle. Anyone have a solution??

A:Couple of games aren't working..

Did you install the DirectX stand alone setup from Microsoft? Many games will not work without it. The DirectX setup was needed for me after new Vista x64 install even though running dxdiag said my DX10 was working.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/100948-couple-games-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Oy.

I have an ADC (or AOC, can't read the font) monitor with built in speakers. Today, they have suddenly stopped working. I checked all the sound controls, made sure everything was plugged in, and even restarted a few times. I also fiddled around with everything in between.

And yet, I still get no sound. I've learned that while im listening to music, if I turn my monitor off, I can catch a quick millisecond of sound from the speakers. The same also happens if I turn my monitor on, so I'm pretty sure nothing's truly broken. In any case, I'd reaaaally like some help on this problem, pleeease.

Relevancy 52.89%

Morning

Cannot run the wizards in msaccess. Using NT4SP5 get the error message active x can't create an object.

Thanks
Kennyp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wizards-arent-working-in-ms-access.114861/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is not your typical quot My modern apps don't work quot post Some of my apps are working fine for instance Edge and Mail Others do not such as the Windows Store Weather Photos etc I've tried all the various tricks to uninstall and re-install these apps but get the same thing The Event Log says that the apps can't be quot activated quot which indicates Universal Apps working aren't Certain some kind of licensing issue perhaps but I haven't found the solution yet This is Windows Enterprise build It's joined to a domain and I strongly suspect that my domain admins have a group policy that Certain Universal Apps aren't working is interfering but I can't be sure They had already disabled Microsoft Accounts and turned off Telemetry via group policy and registry settings which I have countered by forcing these back on and denying update access to those keys I suppose it's possible that this might be affecting the apps as well but it's strange that some apps work and some don't Any suggestions SFC and Dism cleanups report no issues or corruption App re-installs seem to complete fine but the apps still don't work UAC is of course ON

A:Certain Universal Apps aren't working

For App licensing see:
%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Client-Licensing-Platform%4Admin.evtx

Package licences gets archived then re-installed (per lease activation) - not sure how long each lease lasts tho'.

eg: Onenote entry on 21 June ( 2 months after initial install)

The license with Id 8ce3d3dd-a4c7-6c38-5fde-1f9f5df98807 has been archived successfully. PFM if available: microsoft.office.onenote_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Application license successfully installed.
Package: microsoft.office.onenote_8wekyb3d8bbwe
User Id (if available): NULL
License Id: 8ce3d3dd-a4c7-6c38-5fde-1f9f5df98807
Associate Id: 8ce3d3dd-a4c7-6c38-5fde-1f9f5df98807

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/56764-certain-universal-apps-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have W7 Home Premium and my desktop icons aren't working. I have to reboot to get them to work I use Microsoft Essentials for Virus Protection not Norton.

Any assistance in solving this problem appreciated thanks Dorothy

A:Desktop Icons Aren't Working :(

Did you just install Windows 7? Or, are these icons that have not been used for quite sometime? Try running this Fix It tool from Microsoft. It is used to fix problems with desktop icons, shortcuts, and Windows Update Errors - Common system maintenance tasks. Let us know what happens.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cassandra

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90078-desktop-icons-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Numbers are part of password, can't login. Please advise. Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Number keys aren't working

Hi, See if you can log on via the on screen keyboard - at the sign in screen, click the Ease of Access icon ( lower right corner ) and select On-Screen Keyboard. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Number-keys-aren-t-working/td-p/5694292
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I've always come to this forum for answers and I've been able to solve most of them but right now I needed to make an account to explain my issue because I'm out of My to working ports aren't as supposed 3.0 ideas First of all I saw a thread similar to this but the solution they gave didn't accomplish much I have a Lenovo E it has usb ports and all of them are I have a Samsung M Slimline TB USB Portable Hard Drive with its cable So this is what happens I use my office internet to download movies games etc then I place them on my M to bring it to home The speed I get in my computer office which is a decent computer is about - mbps which is fine I guess because I connect my M to a port but when I get home My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to no My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to matter which port I My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to use since all of them are I guess about the same transfer speed or maybe less sometimes even mbps I wondered if my hard drive was faulty because sometimes it will take a while for my laptop to recognize it when in my office it does almost right away and my office computer is lower than my laptop I downloaded my usb ports drivers from the manufacture website Lenovo and realized it was the same that the Windows installed by itself so I did some tests like uninstall the ones that Windows installed and then manually reinstall I did that then restarted the computer After that just less than mins I would get a blue screen error showing some issue with a file which is the one I just installed from the drivers downloaded in Lenovo so I had to be quick and uninstall everything so I would stop having this blue screen error Now I'm back with the ones that Windows install when it realized I don't have still the same driver name and everything so I don't know what's the difference between them Yesterday I was transfering a game folder and at first was about - mbps then it increases a to mbps Does this laptop needs to be upgraded to or since maybe and just maybe its drivers are not fully supported in Windows I don't like Windows I have an original Windows Pro which I tried It was good and got a good feeling to it at first but then out of the blue after I installed some stuffs and needed to restart my drivers went off I mean my wireless drivers and lan ones were uninstalled also my latest graphics drivers were uninstalled and I couldn't figure it out why that happened since I was just installing normal stuffs and I like to restart after installing stuffs So I brush it off and went back to Windows If you might wonder no I don't remember how much transfer speed I was getting while using Windows I think I didn't even use my M since my hard drive had a partition when I installed Windows so I didn't need to plug it So that's pretty much everything till now I've been thinking if I should try Windows again but I'm afraid I would stumble upon that issue again and also updating in Windows was a really really pain in the armpit it was hellish slow and weekend just started and I wouldn't like to spend - hours just updating tonight I hope I can sort things out Thank you very much in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392222-my-3-0-ports-arent-working-supposed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

A:Some keyboard keys aren't working

Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousczech

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

They both USB, wireless, Bluetooth, or PS2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99523-some-keyboard-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ok, so everyone is clear. I know how to enable sharing through users and networks. that's not my issue. my issue that when I select more than one folder to do a quick share with through the share with tab, it disappears. so im forced to do one folder at a time. I used to be able to select as many folders as I wanted and use the quick share option. any ideas?

thank you for your time.

A:Sharing options aren't working properly

i ended up figuring it out. it was an incorrect graphic driver that windows updated. I deleted the driver and download the manufacturer drive that I usually get. fixed all issues with the replacement driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328646-sharing-options-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I went to google.com all I get is "Address not Valid" on IE and I know I typed the address correctly. Then when I try firefox I get "The connection has timed out". Does anyone know why this keeps happening? x.x; I also tried Yahoo's search engine and the same thing happens. Same for Bing too.

A:Google and other search engines aren't working for me...

Check for malicious proxy servers.

*In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" and "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox in Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection and uncheck the proxyserver, set it to No Proxy.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/google-and-other-search-engines-arent-working-for-me-512876.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey guys this is my first post so go easy I'm no pc guru, so after openening my machine and removing ramm and replacing it (to check which ddr it was), I powered back on my pc to find no power to the monitor,mouse or keyboard the fans still power up and I hear no beeps. Im at a loss as what can be done and I need to get my corusework off it. My machine is a packard bell ipower x2.0 model ipwG5620 with a nivida gtx550ti card in other then its the shop standard one, any help would be awsome.
regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-mouse-and-keyboard-arent-working.176897/
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay I really must be doing something wrong but I don t think I am We just recently moved to Windows and I am trying to set up GPOs in our domain What I did was created a new OU for the domain In this OU I created a few OUs for various groups of computers different PC labs we have and OU for quot students quot and and OU for quot faculty quot I then moved the necessary computers into each computer OU and then placed the student global group and faculty global group into their respective OUs From here using AD Users and Computers Now - I feel stupid working!! GPOs aren't I right click on an OU Student OU for example and choose the Group Policy Tab I create a new GPO choose to enable quot Disable Control Panel quot and then rename the GPO and close it out I tried leaving it like this and did not work So I then clicked on the properties of the Student Global Group located inside the Student OU and chose the security tab where Now I feel stupid - GPOs aren't working!! I chose for the student global group READ and APPLY GROUP POLICY Still did not work What am I doing wrong Is there something else I should be looking at The same goes for GPOs I set up for any of the Computer OUs like enabling Now I feel stupid - GPOs aren't working!! the option to quot Not show the last logged on user quot No GPOs are effective right now Thank you all so much in advance Pete nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/now-i-feel-stupid-gpos-arent-working.113399/
Relevancy 52.03%

Trying to get a program FREEPDFXP to work the other day I arrived at point viewing the procedure below It came from a Eudora Help page My question however has to do not with getting FREEPDFXP working but with the reasons behind the instructions in the Help file Re Step If you rename those files how is whichever program that might need them going to find them Also re Step how does renaming a aren't when Renaming things working Files file correct a problem I ve run into this more than once I wish I could specify a particular problem where the solution says quot rename a file quot but I don t have one at the moment -------------------------------------- MAPI is not working Document ID HQ ISSUE MAPI doesn t Renaming Files when things aren't working work I can t install MAPI when I double click on the Renaming Files when things aren't working icon nothing happens If I set Eudora s MAPI options to always nothing happens SOLUTION You may have a few corrupt MAPI files on your computer Your best option is to rename the Windows MAPI dll files NOTE You might need to reinstall any programs you have that are currently using MAPI as Renaming Files when things aren't working well The first thing you need to do is close down all applications Search your hard drive for the following files and rename them mapi dll mapi dll Restart your computer Search your hard drive for the file swmapi exe Double click to install it Open Eudora go to Tools Options MAPI Set quot Use Eudora MAPI server Always quot Reinstall EIS and perform a HotSync NOTE If you cannot see your HotSync Conduit you will need to do the following Close all open windows search your hard drive for the file called win ini Open it and add the following lines MAIL mapi mapix Restart your computer and perform a HotSync again nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have an HP G Notebook PC Recently some of my USB devices haven't been connecting because the USB aren't Divers my laptop? on Why my not Device working drivers fail to download It says they can't be Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? found I've tried to uninstall the driver in the Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? Device Manager and plug it back in again to install it and it does the same thing Next to the drivers in the Device manager it has yellow caution signs saying something is wrong It does this for my iPod Classic Generation GB and my WD My Passport GB External Hard Drive It also is saying my CD driver has an error and that won't work when I put a CD in it Yet my mouse printer and Gigaware GB pen drive work fine and there's nothing wrong with their drivers I used them before this started happening so i figured anything I used before now will continue to work but anything new won't because the driver won't download The devices work I've tried them on another computer Updating the drivers doesn't work either I get the same error I've also tried finding the drivers myself but I haven't had any luck Any advice would be great thank you

A:Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop?

Hi Mista Monroe,

Welcome onboard.

The infcache.1 in C:Windows/System32/DriverStore might have been corrupted. Deleteing it and allowing Windows rebuild it may resolve the issue.

Do the following:
Disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. (Desktop only) (Remove all USB devices in a Laptop)
Locate the INFCACHE.1 file in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore , right click on it, and then click Properties.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box under the Group or user names section, click Add.
In the Select Users or Groups dialog box in the Enter the object names to select text box, type Administrators, (plural) not just Administrator. Click OK.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box in the Permissions for Administrators section, select to allow Full Control, and then click OK.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click OK.
In the Windows Explorer window, delete INFCACHE.1 (Instead of deleteing you can rename it as INFCACHE.1bak and keep it as a backup, just in case you need to go back.)
Connect a USB device other than the one or all that Windows had trouble detecting. (That means that it has to be one that had not been connected to it earlier anytime.) This forces Windows to rebuild the INFCACHE.1 file.
This detection issue can happen several times in a row. If so, repeat steps 1-10 until the device is detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277816-why-arent-my-usb-device-divers-not-working-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.03%

System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS, 3 MB RAM, 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 processor.

Problem - I click on the START icon, the go to the GAMES, the only one that works properly is Chess Titans. None of the others (like Mah Jong, Minesweeper, Hearts, Solitaire) run properly. When I try to play, it looks like they are starting, then a pop-up message appears (see attached screenshot as an example). It doesn't give any solution to this problem despite what the message says. Why the chess game works and none of the others is mystifying. I am no computer wiz and would like to know how to fix this, if it is fixable. Thanks.

A:Microsoft games that came with computer aren't working

I would try going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Windows Components...

Uninstall all the games.

Click OK all the way out, then reboot.

Now repeat the process, only this time re-enable the ones you want.

If that doesn't work then you'll need to take other steps, so post back and someone will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209514-microsoft-games-came-computer-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

2 weeks ago, I think it was a Monday, my sister turned off the computer for the night... the next morning she turned it on and the mouse didn't work.

The mouse is USB connected and isn't responding. The red light on the bottom is turned on, but it won't move the cursor. When I plugged in my Mp3 player, it didn't really respond, just the Charging screen flashes every few seconds, then turns off again...

And when I go to 'My Computer', the places where 'Driver E-J' usually is, is gone. It's just blank slots where they should be, then shows 'Erin's Documents', 'Shelly's Documents' files....

Is this a virus or something else?

We've been running the full version of Stop Sign over and over again hoping it would find something, but it doesn't pick anything up.

A:Mouse, USB ports, and Drivers aren't working.

Hi xErin and welcome to TSF

It seems that you might have an issue with drivers on your computer so we will now do a check with the Windows Device Manager to make sure of this. Please follow the steps below:

Windows XP Method
Click Start
Click Run
Type in devmgmt.msc and click Ok

In your next post report back if you see yellow exclamation marks, or red X's on any icon in the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-usb-ports-and-drivers-arent-working-196097.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear HP Community, I'm facing an issue and so far I did not find a solution for my all-in-one computer.The speaker works, however, the headphones aren't working. It used to work perfectly, but now the signal sent to the headphones is very low while speakers are working like the headphone were not plugged. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Regards,Thomas 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/The-speaker-works-however-the-headphones-aren-t-working/td-p/5788401
Relevancy 52.03%

Yesterday after visiting a website that working aren't Windows-based services All may not have been secure I found my Windows Security Center was turned off Shortly after this McAfee removed a trojan from my computer After doing a scan of my computer I re-opened Security Center When I clicked quot Turn on now quot it said quot The Security Center service can't be started quot Following another thread's advice I did Start gt Search 'services' gt Security Center which has nothing under Status and Disabled under Start-up type gt Properties and though I could change Disabled to Automatic Delayed Start when I clicked OK and re-clicked Properties it had turned itself back to disabled All Windows-based services aren't working Also under Service Status it says Stopped yet I cannot click Start I also found that All Windows-based services aren't working Windows Firewall was not using the recommended settings When I click Update Settings it says quot Windows Firewall was unable to make the requested updates quot Clicking 'Turn Windows Firewall on or off' a box saying quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall service quot I click yes and it opens the settings box however it says I am using the recommended settings To add to my problems clicking on Windows Defender on the side menu brings up this message quot Application failed to initialize x ba A problem caused this program's service to stop To start the service restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually quot Since then my computer has been restarted twice and still no luck Lastly whether it is a connected issue I'm not sure however my Windows Live Messenger when attempting to sign in will begin to load then stop working and close itself Restarting didn't help this either Any advice at all on what might have caused this or how to fix any of these problems would be greatly appreciated

A:All Windows-based services aren't working

Go back one week before the problem with system restore.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/298343-all-windows-based-services-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Using Windows Task buttons working Solved: aren't bar XP Pro with SP TSG SysInfo output below Yesterday I noticed I noticed that when I clicked left or right mouse buttons on a particular icon in my task bar Solved: Task bar buttons aren't working or is it the system tray nothing happened no menu no app No problem with tool bar nor desktop shortcuts I didn t worry about it as I could access that app another way and just thought the system needed to be rebooted When I was done working on what I had been doing I rebooted to a totally blank except my old desktop image no tool bar no start button no desktop icons nothing I decided to try to see what Windows Task Manager Ctrl Alt Del might tell me There were the usual applications running and the typical longer list of processes Since one of the apps already running was Firefox I right clicked it and selected quot maximize quot did some poking around and found the best thing at that point would be to do a system recovery I did to a set point I made the night before and everything on my desktop looked normal again But still the task bar icons were and remain dead I had been working on removing old broken or otherwise useless registry keys using PC Health Advisor and did make a back up of the registry before starting the software I had suspected a virus or malware used Malwarebites Anti Malware to screen for these not that I could tell you the difference between malware and a trojan anyway and wanted to make sure it hadn t infected my registry It found hundreds of errors and fixed them It s possible that s when I knocked out the functionality of those buttons but am not keen to restore the registry to where it was before I cleaned it for concern of bringing back any infections I spent many hours last night and this morning Googling for help but am not finding anyone with quite the same problem To be clear the area I refer to is where the clock can be found on the lower right of my screen Here s an image So how might I proceed to locate and repair my issue Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn CMX GMX CMX-K UYRL Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have an older Toshiba satellite laptop I was cleaning it up the other day removing lots of old programs and I also unchecked several startup processes aren't options Windows other load, working won't I believe Windows won't load, other options aren't working I reviewed all of them and did not uncheck anything for the system I don t know if it was that or something else but now the computer will not Windows won't load, other options aren't working load windows XP Pro It will go to the windows loading screen then goes blank shuts down and tries again over and over Pressing F I have tried all the options start in safe mode start in debugging start with last known good configuration and the rest all result in the same thing - windows loading screen black and power down I can get to the recovery console but don t know how to use this to try and start or fix or find the problem I do not have a boot disk to use either I m traveling I have a USB with me but from what I have just read this would not be so easy to make work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows won't load, other options aren't working

In recovery mode "fixboot" may solve the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-other-options-arent-working.805805/
Relevancy 52.03%

Well to get go it? anymore, to can i Websites that aren't Why how i frequently and working fix to the point www nfl com and www google com isn't working for me anymore These are very known websites so i know the website isnt the problem it's me This has happened before and that was to yahoo com but after like a month yahoo com started working for me again i have checked for viruses and can't find any If you want a report i will gladly make you one to show Websites that i frequently go to aren't working anymore, Why and how can i fix it? you Also to help you figure out whats my problem i Downloaded TweakNow Regcleaner STD and Tuneup XP to increase my computers speed performance before the problems started but I don't know if those programs caused the problem To clarify when i type quot www nfl com quot after like minutes trying to load the page it will say AOL had could not find it or it will just say at the page im on ANyone got any ideas to help fix this im not going to buy programs to fix this problem so dont tell me i have to buy something

A:Websites that i frequently go to aren't working anymore, Why and how can i fix it?

what happens when you unplug your computer, and plug someone else's into the modem, router and try to goto those sites. and what happen when you take your computer else where and try to then goto those site from a different network?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/websites-that-i-frequently-go-to-arent-working-anymore-why-and-how-can-i-fix-it-113140.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Here's the problem:
I have a pc which is running windows 8.1 and my system metro apps are not working. The live tiles of system apps like mail, calender, people, news etc are completely blank and title of these live tiles are also unusual like " mail.microsoft.system" and when i click on it the app starts and suspends in background and when i revoke it using task manager it again suspends. Please help!! I'm tired of this. I dont want to reset my pc as i have some important data and dont have enough time to back it up. Also there is an exception the store metro app works with proper live information. Other metro apps do work like vlc, wikipedia, etc.

A:Why aren't my system metro apps working?

Please can anybody help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/346102-why-arent-my-system-metro-apps-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My internet is conencted and working perfectly (I am using it right now), however my applications that use/require internet say that my internet is not connected. Applications like Sims 2 and iwin game portal claim that they cannot connect to the internet, even though I can open up my Firefox and browse as normally. It's really irritating, I've tried unplugging internet, restarting my computer then plugging it back in again but that didn't work.

A:Internet connected but applications aren't working

what firewall do you have or have you had on the P|C
sounds like the firewall is blocking
If you have had Norton , mcafee etc demo versions installed they can cause issues like this - even if uninstalled , residue can still block

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-applications-arent-working.957844/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I have a number of programs that I want to get off my computer. None of them have an uninstall option. Some say to go to add/remove programs to remove them. However, none of them are listed in add/remove programs. How do I get them off my computer? Thanks.

A:How Do I Remove Programs If They Aren't Listed In Add/Remove Programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-programs-if-they-arent-listed-in-add-remove-programs.235372/