Windows Support Forum

Black screen after exiting full screen

Q: Black screen after exiting full screen

I just installed new nvidia drivers after using Driver Cleaner. Now whenever I exit a full screen game, the screen is all black. I can still see the mouse change when I move it around. If I use the switch user shortcut and log back in, everything looks fine, but doing this constantly is getting annoying. So how do I get rid of the screen turning black after exiting a full screen program?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen after exiting full screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black screen after exiting full screen

do you have direct X 9.0c?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-exiting-full-screen-119333.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi throughout the past week I have been having a problem when I attempt to exit from any full screen application Most of the mode Black after exiting screen screen full time the screen Black screen after exiting full screen mode goes completely black except for the mouse cursor All inputs are responsive and I am able to restart the computer using the keyboard which fixes the problem The problem occurs Black screen after exiting full screen mode if full screen mode is interrupted in any manner close restore minimize etc I am planning to perform a series of tests tonight in an attempt to determine whether the Black screen after exiting full screen mode problem is software or hardware related In the mean time I was hoping that someone here would have had experience with this manner of problem in the past Last but not least here are the afflicted system's specifications AMD Athlon XP processor Biostar M NCD Ultra motherboard w NVidia NForce chipset ATI Radeon Pro Sapphire MB PC RAM dual channel Other system specifications available upon request Thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Black screen after exiting full screen mode

Hi, Welcome to TSF

Whenever I have fullscreen problems I use dxdiag to check out DirectX, and reinstall my graphics drivers.

Can you please post the results of your tests?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-exiting-full-screen-mode-59907.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Whenever i try to watch a video on youtube or dailymotion via full screen my video consistently exits full screen after 20-30 seconds of play. This happens every time without fail and happens again when i re activate full screen mode.

Initially i thought the problem was with my flash player but files played via full screen via windows media player seem to do the exact same thing though they seem to take a bit longer, about 60-80 seconds before they exit full screen mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-exiting-full-screen.890257/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 5520 with an IntelHD4000 Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a Samsung SSD and to Windows 10 and got everything to work. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago, anytime I am in full screen, whether it be a movie or a game, it exits to the desktop. It seems to do it about every 3 minutes. The program doesn't crash, it just goes to the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And I don't have AVG installed. I only say that because I've heard that is the usual culprit for this problem but I don't have it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/laptop-keeps-exiting-full-screen-1083337.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron 5520 with an IntelHD4000 Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a Samsung SSD and to Windows 10 and got everything to work. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago, anytime I am in full screen, whether it be a movie or a game, it exits to the desktop. It seems to do it about every 3 minutes. The program doesn't crash, it just goes to the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And I don't have AVG installed. I only say that because I've heard that is the usual culprit for this problem but I don't have it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-keeps-exiting-full-screen-1083337.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Recently I ve been experiencing a problem whereby when I exit a full screen game which should go back to the desktop it often goes Games Exiting full after screen Blank Desktop back to a blank desktop - what appears to be a black screen aside from the mouse which moves fine Although programs that were already there such as winamp or media players can still function via keyboard shortcuts I can t start anything new Blank Desktop after Exiting full screen Games Worse still I can t ctrl alt del to the task manager or bring up the start menu and the only way to get out of this that I have found is to manuall reboot the pc I have my graphics card updated to the newest drivers and I am using the most recent directx c This has happened with a variety of games Warhammer K Dawn of War Half Life as well as Broken Sword and and several other games that run in full screen mode If it helps I am using a CRT monitor aprox months old running in x at bit colours refresh rate hz highest I can get on this monitor Can anyone help me with this because it is really starting to frustrate me nbsp

A:Blank Desktop after Exiting full screen Games

this is currently a problem with the new nvidia drivers this happens when the drivers fail to switch the videocard into 2d mode after the game closes.

usually you will be unable to get the picture back and if you try anything such as going into standby mode and try to come out of standby, the pc will come out of standby but the monitor will not turn on, the power light on the monitor will remain a amber color.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-desktop-after-exiting-full-screen-games.484888/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi i have this annoying problem with flash player that i never used to have back on flash something Seems any build of flash from to all keep exiting full screen on there own when watching video It happens on computers of mine both screen player Flash randomly exiting full running windows and both home built with similar but different specs Flash player exiting full screen randomly The same is they both have Ati Radeon HD series cards although different generations they both have amd cpu's one is a phenom II x ghz and the other is a athlon x x ghz They are both running bit windows ultimate is on a gigabyte board the athlon and the other is on a biostar board the phenom II The gigabyte board is actually newer and can support core chips my biostar can't and has biggest cpu i can drop in it the gigabyte pc will be getting upgraded to a core chip most likely when i get the cash Anyway it really pisses me off when i'm wanting to watch tv in bed at say justin tv or another video site and then have to get up out of bed and click the dang full screen button again This happens in bit or bit browsers so any If anyone knows of a work around it would be much appreciated A buddy of mine said to disable aero but i don't want to do that if that's the cause as it isn't really a solution that works for me as i like my aero thumbnails and stuff No other video player's do that on my system accept flash player I would also like to note it sometimes go for an hour or so withing exiting full screen and then sometimes its minutes like minutes or minutes It also happens on a dual monitor setup i have in living room and single monitor setup in bedroom It stays in full screen if a click around on other monitor on dual monitor setup but will still do the same jump out of full screen randomly crap my other pc in bedroom does that has single monitor edit to clear things up it happens on both a single monitor and a dual monitor setup again any help appreciated thanks

A:Flash player exiting full screen randomly

No one else have this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/150907-flash-player-exiting-full-screen-randomly.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Whenever i try to watch a video on youtube or dailymotion via full screen my video consistently exits full screen after 20-30 seconds of play. This happens every time without fail and happens again when i re activate full screen mode.

Initially i thought the problem was with my flash player but files played via full screen via windows media player seem to do the exact same thing though they seem to take a bit longer, about 60-80 seconds before they exit full screen mode?

Ive been fiddleing around for ages and i can't remedy the problem so if anyone out there can help me i would be very much appreciative.

Im using windows vista home premium btw.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videos-keep-exiting-full-screen-mode-after-seconds-any-help-very-much-appreciated.695269/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi! I've been navigating the forums for a while now but I finally found myself in the need of creating a thread. I recently made a fresh install of windows on my PC, but I've noticed that I keep getting BSOD's every now and then when I exit a game or a video in full screen. I't not always but it's getting annoying. I re installed the Graphics cards drivers and the Antivirus as one post suggested but I just got another BSOD. I get the message:

---

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

***STOP: 0X0000003b (0X00000000C0000005, 0XFFFFF960001B4283, 0XFFFFF88008C62020, 0X000000000000000)

*** WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS FFFFF960001B4283 BASE AT FFFFF960000F0000, DateStamp 4a5bc5e0

Here is the file that the debugtool created.

Thanks a lot, I'm new posting so if I missed something of made something wrong I'm sorry.

A:BSOD when exiting full screen videos, or games. 0x0000003B

My computer just crashed again, this are the files that appeared on my desktop, now the message on the bsod is different:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0X0000000000006C70, 0X00000000000000B, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF88010927E16)

nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFF88010927E16 base at FFFFF88010824000, Datestamp 52b326bc

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321493-bsod-when-exiting-full-screen-videos-games-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a weird issue where my screen will get all light colored and just really crappy quality - blurry I'm not sure if it is Windows Nvidia the HDMI cable my monitor or what I apologize if this is the wrong forum This usually happens coming out of full screen from Windows Media Center but sometimes after a reboot I can turn off WMC turns crap/blurry full - exiting screen to video my tv Sony Bravia - quot LCD - KDL- W and turn it back on then the problem is fixed Sometimes I can go full screen and back out again exiting WMC full screen - video turns to crap/blurry and that will fix it I have HDMI connection - Windows - I have the latst Nvidia drivers - I have tried a different HDMI cable also Here is the rest of the build Intel Pentium E Wolfdale GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor GIGABYTE GA-E AUM-DS H LGA NVIDIA GeForce HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard A-DATA GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Hauppauge WinTV-HVR- Media Center Kit Dual TV Tuner Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s Anyone else have this problem - or perhaps point me in the right direction

A:exiting WMC full screen - video turns to crap/blurry

ok - I think I fixed it. It's been a few hours now and all is well.

Nvidia was set to 60 Hertz
Sony was 60
but Windows was 59.

Screen Resolution - Advanced Settings - changed that to 60 and so far all is well.

Hope this helps someone else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/15785-exiting-wmc-full-screen-video-turns-crap-blurry.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all,

Recently I've started to have the computer hang up when exiting power save mode (not sleep or hibernate - - just when the display is turned off after 20 minutes of inactivity)...I get a black screen/freeze, and my only recourse is the reset button. Just started happening maybe a week or so ago, and it's super annoying. System is running Windows Vista x64 SP2. No major hardware or software changes in the last little while, either.

Ideas/suggestions appreciated. Thanks to everyone who can pitch in.

System specs:

Core Duo E6850 3GHz
eVGA (nVidia) 8800GTX
3GB DDR2
Vista x64 SP2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-exiting-power-save-mode-447354.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Built my own computer, and for a while it ran fine, but now when I try to play League of Legends it will crash often. Sometimes the game freezes, and no method of input will change the screen until I hold down the power button. In this case my speakers emit a high pitched noise. Other times the screen will go black, and the computer will automatically restart. Other times I will get a blue screen with the error code 0x00007e. Please help this is getting very annoying!

I should note that it is not often that it crashes, sometimes it will happen twice in a short time, sometimes it will take days.

DMP files uploaded as per posting instructions, please inform me if you need anything more, thank you!

A:BSOD or black screen while playing League of Legends or Full Screen YT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Probably hardware. Clean out dust in the system, if you have overclocked stop and revert to original settings. The link contains the most probable solution to your problem. IF the problem cannot be fixed i suggest lowering the vcore a tad tad bit.
Here are stresstests to possibly help rule a few things out. : Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253430-bsod-black-screen-while-playing-league-legends-full-screen-yt.html
Relevancy 87.29%

My computer has a problem with crashing while playing a video in full screen. When it crashes the screen turns black while the speakers give out a buzzing noise. Everything is unresposive the only solution is to turn it off with the power button. It happens in any full screen video online or offline and even visualizations from windows media player and iTunes, but only in full screen. I don't think it's overheating either because sometimes it takes 30 mins to crash and other times it will crash immediately when put in full screen. *I've tried setting it back to factory settings thus reinstalling windows. *All the directx features are working with no reported problem there.*
I don't think it's a memory issue in the computer, as my specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: intel core i5 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Graphics card memory: 0.5 GB
Any other ideas?

A:Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing

Quote: Originally Posted by qwerty5

My computer has a problem with crashing while playing a video in full screen. When it crashes the screen turns black while the speakers give out a buzzing noise. Everything is unresposive the only solution is to turn it off with the power button. It happens in any full screen video online or offline and even visualizations from windows media player and iTunes, but only in full screen. I don't think it's overheating either because sometimes it takes 30 mins to crash and other times it will crash immediately when put in full screen. *I've tried setting it back to factory settings thus reinstalling windows. *All the directx features are working with no reported problem there.*
I don't think it's a memory issue in the computer, as my specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: intel core i5 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Graphics card memory: 0.5 GB
Any other ideas?

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153152-full-screen-videos-crashing-black-screen-buzzing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

The problem started around a week or two ago. When I run full screen games, the screen becomes black and the system does not respond to anything. Programs in the background still run as audio can still be heard. I suspect it may be BSOD but am unsure. The problem does not occur right away, it happens when the program has been on for around 10 minutes.

Some additional info: When I received the computer from the seller, I accidentally uninstalled some drivers and had to reinstall them. I tried to find the drivers on the NVIDIA site but the ones marked for my GPU did not work. I found another driver that worked, but I am not sure if that caused other issues.

- Windows 7
- 64 bit
- Original Vista installation
- Full retail OS version
- Hardware around 2 years old
- Windows 7 installed July 13, 09
- Intel Core2 Duo [email protected]
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
- System Manufacturer: Gateway

A:Black screen when running full screen games

One crash from back in January blaming a network driver

Code:
NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
Update your driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications

Code:
31/12/2008 11:29:28 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\evbda.sys
This belongs to a Broadcom network device. It shows that it isn't running, but the driver is still on the computer and is from 2008. Either uninstall it or update it - Broadcom.com - Broadcom License Agreement

Code:
07/01/2011 9:07:22 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Video card is outdated.
Download newest driver from here - NVIDIA DRIVERS 295.73 WHQL
Uninstall current device from device manager. Make sure to choose the option to remove driver software.
Reboot and then install latest package

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD removal tool. This driver causes many BSOD/computer problems - DuplexSecure

Code:
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:16:07 2008 (47957C17)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:17:58 2008 (47957C86)
These belong to your Symantec product. Make sure your stuff is all up to date.

Code:
Event[150]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2012-02-24T12:49:46.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: JuiceBox-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x00000000000000dc, 0xfffffa8006e30060, 0xfffff8800429fea9). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022412-32697-01.
This is in your event log, but there is no minidump file. Do you run any system cleaners? If you do, stop, because they delete minidumps.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 11:12:09.119 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 13:17:19.981
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1f7e43 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_NETw5s64+1f7e43
BiosReleaseDate = 12/16/2008
SystemManufacturer = Gateway
SystemProductName = P-7805u
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2260
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-when-running-full-screen-games-632368.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I need help Netflix screen screen YouTube Black full and on I talked to NetFlix they are stumped I Black screen on Netflix and full screen YouTube changed video cards and got the latest drivers I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled my applications This last got rid of the problem but Black screen on Netflix and full screen YouTube it came back At this point when I try to watch a Netflix video on my computer m either in a window or in full screen mode I hear the audio track but only see a black screen A YouTube video is fine in a window but full screen mode is pure black though with audio Other videos players will sometimes go to black in full screen I am running Windows XP SP on a gHz computer with MB ram The new video card is an NVidia GeForce AGP with MB ram I am using a DVI connection to an ASUS LED monitor I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem Does anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance for any help anyone may offer on this subject C

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-on-netflix-and-full-screen-youtube-617273.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hi guys i have a problem.in games like hitman absolution,splinter cell i have black screen error.If i play league of legends sometimes i get black screen and sometimes i dont get this error.
i get this error just when i play in full screen.
Can you tell me what i can do?

A:black screen in full screen games

Hi,
No dump file is present in your upload.

Please navigate to C:\windows\minidump and Upload the files if present.

If no files are logged, be sure you have windows configured correctly, you want Minidumps:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Then re-run the SF Tool and post after your next crash.

In the meantime, you can try updating your ATI Radeon HD drivers as they are out dated.

Uninstall all ATI drivers, Catalyst Control Centre following this method.

This is the Latest Version Display Driver ver. 12.104, that you will need.

Also from your Event Logs:

Code:

Event[946]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 2013-08-23T08:10:57.366
Event ID: 4107
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Alex-PC
Description:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto
update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...uthrootstl.cab> with error:
A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
1. Do you experience incorrect time and date settings on your computer regular?
2. Do you get any Checksum errors at Boot?

If so, replace the CMOS battery on the Motherboard, otherwise:

Please follow: Event ID 4107 or Event ID 11 is logged in the Application log in Windows and in Windows Server

Please uninstall Reg clean Pro, Widows 7 does not need such registry cleaners and they may
do more harm than good. If you need to use a registry cleaner CCleaner is recommended.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302182-black-screen-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Ok so whenever a game launches in fullscreen mode any game I ve tried quite a few I get a black screen and my computer seems unresponsive Alt Tab Alt F and Alt Enter if it s a Steam game do nothing From this I either have to hard reset or sleep wake my laptop which windows the game making it playable I ve noticed that the game will play full screen when run with the integrated graphics processor Intel HD but not with the dedicated graphics card nVidia GeForce GT m but of course the integrated graphics processor on any laptop is never good for gaming Likely meaning it s a software problem with my nVidia card I ve checked the latest drivers and I ve returned the settings in nVidia Control Panel to default settings All the games I ve played worked a couple of months ago but it was exam season so I haven t been gaming on my laptop recently and when I ve tried I ve had these problems I ve attached a DxDiag report if that s of any help to anyone Full specs can be found here Does anyone have any ideas Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor screen games all full Black for screen Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Black screen for all full screen games TOSHIBA PEQAA Antivirus Black screen for all full screen games avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Black screen for all full screen games

Hi there

Update the driver here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/77228

If the games still do not work you have to configure the switchable graphics. This is a feature to save power by automatically allocating the internal graphics card for small applications so that the power hungry graphics card is not used all the time.

Here is a youtube video to help with switchable graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8KqkZ5mTpw

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-for-all-full-screen-games.1131309/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am absolutely stumped Starting around GMT- screen Black game screen after full my computer has been displaying a black screen after exiting or minimizing a full screen game The only thing still visible is the mouse cursor The desktop still responds and I am able to restore a minimized game which Black screen after full screen game solves the problem until I minimize it again or close it I can also restart which solves it until I open another game This has occurred before around one month ago It eventually went away after a week or so I posted back then but no one responded Hopefully someone can help me this Black screen after full screen game time because it is a very annoying problem So far I have checked all my video card settings made sure everything is updated completed virus and spyware scans defragmented reinstalled graphics drivers checked for unusual startup entries and checked my Hijack This log I was unable to determine what the cause of this phenomena was For your convenience here are my computer specifications AMD Athlon XP processor Biostar M NCD Ultra mothreboard ATI Radeon Pro MB video card MB PC RAM Thank you for taking the time to read this Hopefully someone here can help me out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-full-screen-game.393231/
Relevancy 78.26%

I've recently re-installed Vista on a friends PC. Now it has wide black bars on both sides of the screen. How can I resolve this please.

Thank you for any help.

A:Black bars full screen

Have you installed the graphics driver for the system.

If so please provide the system specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-bars-full-screen-446961.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

I have a strange problem with the Windows 7 themes. When I use F11 to make an explorer window (both ie and file explorer), the top menu bar (or maybe title bar) becomes black. This does not happen with Firefox or if I change the theme to Windows Classic or Windows 7 Basic. I've looked for help everywhere, but not been able to find any. This is really annoying! I'll attach a screen shot to visualize my problem. Has anybody else experienced this behaviour?

A:Black menu bar in full screen (Possible bug?)

Hello Decafoc, and welcome to Seven Forums.

This would be the Auto Hide option not being checked while in F11 full screen mode. The tutorial below can help show you how to check it so that the address & tool bars auto hides again for you.

Full Screen F11 - Enable or Disable Auto-Hide - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/50290-black-menu-bar-full-screen-possible-bug.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Last week my laptop was almost empty I received Fan Black Full No Screen Battery a message within windows and I put in the charger I worked another hour and then shut down the laptop and let it on Black Screen Battery Full No Fan the charger the rest Black Screen Battery Full No Fan of the night to make sure it was full next morning nbsp The next nbsp morning when I tried to turn on the laptop I noticed the following - Laptop makes no sound no fan or ssd hdd Only the left led was blue no hdd led lighting up - Laptop goes on screen stays black and after seconds the laptop goes off nbsp In the past I had issues when the battery was entirely flat and I could not get the laptop turned on this behaviour looks different I tried the following nbsp turn on without battery and connected to charger again goes on no an goes off ater seconds turn on without memory no beeps removed battery RAM wait one hour hold power button for minutes try boot still same issue Put DOS bios flash on FAT format usb nbsp hold FN Escape boot laptop hope screen turns on and fash bios No luck still same error nbsp On the internet there are a lot of threads about similar issues I also read about a damaged vga cable But I normally shut down the laptop and closed the lid how could that damage the screen nbsp nbsp Anybody has some tips Unfortunately laptop is years old so no warranty left

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-Screen-Battery-Full-No-Fan/td-p/451405
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all Been having a few computer troubles last couple of days Up until now I have never had a computer crash since building my machine Occasionally I've had to force-quit a program but never random crashes I've had in the last day or so though And none of them have happened with a BSoD The last one to happen was while watching movies full-screen full screen games, randomly; Computer crashes a movie I Ctrl Alt Del'd and it got stuck showing a message quot preparing security options quot with the time-circle but never progressed past that point They all seem to happen at random regardless Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies of what I do When playing full-screen games watching full-screen movies or even just sitting idling I've tried updating my MOBO BiOS my gfx driver tried taking out and setting the RAM again and even ran a full-system scan with both anti-virus and with CCleaner I'm afraid I'm not sure what I should do I tried to upload the files from the SF Diagnostic Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies Tool but got a message saying I didn't have the correct Security Token If there's any other information that you require of me please don't hesitate to ask

A:Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies

Put the files on Dropbox or Skydrive and post a link here. Will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271641-computer-crashes-randomly-full-screen-games-full-screen-movies.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I am sorry posting another Full Black Boot Screen Windows XP. on thread of this but I couldn t find the problem Well anyways here s my quick story Pretty much I am able to restart my computer without problems but when I Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot shut down my computer and turn it on this problem occurs I just get a black screen or the windows loading screen sometimes then it just goes completely black and I can hear the quot load up quot sound and everything and sometimes a moveable mouse but it s all black To fix it usually I have to shut down restart about Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot - times and maybe it works So yeah I can use my computer to check things if needed I know it s a hardware problem I just want to get a opinion on what problem it can most likely be Well thanks for reading I hope to get this fix asap Windows Xp Service Pack MB Ram Ati Radeon x Pro Series Pci Express getting it upgraded soon nbsp

A:Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot

Try pulling back where you unplug all usb devices, all drives except for 1 hard drive, take out all but 1 ram stick and remove all pci cards and see if you can boot. If so, then start adding back until; you find the culprit.
The other thing to do would be to go to "Run, msconfig,OK, Startup and uncheck everything and hit apply and reboot. The only thing you need in there is antivirus running in the background incidentally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-full-black-screen-on-boot.531176/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All,

I've had this problem for several months on my XP Pro SP1 machine.

Certain processes ( saving in my development IDE, Sometimes when new program are installed, when my virus program is automatically updated { Trend Micro Internet Security } & many more ) don't happen in the background like they should. I get a black screen for 3-10 seconds ( depending on what it is being done ! ). It's only an annoyance, but one I would like to fix. I'm sure it's just a registry entry & probably something to do with the command processor, but not sure. Every few weeks I drop this question into a different newsgroup or forum hoping someone knows what is causing this )

cheers, Dave Porter
DJ Software,
Perth, Western Australia.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-black-screen-when-certain-tasks-happen.237841/
Relevancy 77.4%

I searched a little in google and found this forum. I also found out that I have the exact opposite problem of this guy: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f59/solved-how-to-get-windows-to-display-black-borders-for-low-res-fullscreen-programs-480064.html

Where can I find these options in Vista?
I have played the same games in Windows XP, but XP seems to adjust the resolution of the screen to fit the game so I can play it in full screen instead of playing them surrounded by a black box.

Display card: Intel 965 Chipset Family

Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

A:How to go from black border to full screen mode

Right click on desktop -> Resolution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-go-from-black-border-to-full-screen-mode-483968.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey everyone,

When playing online based games like Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 or Firefall I will recieve a black screen with full power being turned off (no fans / lights on). Have attempted to fix via updating all drivers (GPU, BIOS, full windows update). Thought it was the router and directly connected into the modem, still occured.

Windows 7 64bit (Build 7601) SP1 I believe
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-970A-D3
AMD FX 6100 6 core (3.3 ghz no OC)
AMD Radeon HD 6850 (no OC)
Ripjaw 4x8gb (32 gb total ram)
700 watt
Directx 11

... why am I doing this... attached is a speccy profile ran at the request of ANET. I have been working with them but it feels as if they are having me go in circles. The file was ran with GW2 open and running for ~ 5 minutes.

A:[SOLVED] Black screen w/ full power off

So, it doesn't feel like we're sending you in circles to, could you point out some of the things they have had you do?

The symptom sounds like the system is overheating.

Can you download HWmonitor run it and take snapshots while the system is at idle and when playing games

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-black-screen-w-full-power-off-694401.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an Advent qrc430 which was infected with a hybris virus. All files were backed up and we then decided to do a full destructive recovery. It took us a few times to get the recovery to work properly because a specific file wouldn't transfer. We got it to do the recovery and we thought everything was going to work.

However, the laptop loads past the microsoft corporation screen and then it goes black with a mouse arrow. I really want to know what to do as I want this laptop back because we cannot afford a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Black screen after full destructive recovery

On the last attempt to do a full recovery, did the CD/DVD read correctly?

Or are you doing a full recovery from the Recovery hard disk partition?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-full-destructive-recovery.151336/
Relevancy 76.54%

My computer goes black at seemingly random points during gaming.

I checked to see if it was overheating with a log post (that exceeds the limit of .txt-files, thus I cannot attach it). As far as I can see there is no problem there. My best guess would be the graphic card driver, but updating them seemed to have no effect last time I did it (just got back from vacation, updating again as I post).

Any help would be very velcome!

-FluidSense

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384137-black-screen-during-gaming-sometimes-turns-fan-speeds-full.html
Relevancy 76.54%

As Title Shown~I Have A Problem That Make Me frustrated~
While I Playing FullScreen Game Such As Maple Story~The Screen Will Appear 2 Black Border At The Side~
I'm Currently Using Intel GMA As My Graphic Driver~
This Is My Computer Spec~::
Processor:Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2370 @1.73GHz 1.73GHz
RAM:1.00GB
System Type:32-bit Operating System~
Please Help Me To Solve This Problem~

A:How To Fix 2 Black Border At The Side Of Full Screen Game~

You are having that problem because you have your display settings wrong in the game settings. You should be able to correct this easily by going to the games settings and changing the display to match your monitor.
http://www.rapidenumerique.frhttp://www.rapidesaisie.fr : http://www.saisiededonnees-idf.frhttp://www.saisiededocuments-idf.fr
http://www.archivagenumerique-idf.frhttp://www.saisie2documents.fr : http://www.saisiedetexte.frhttp://www.saisiedequestionnaires.fr

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/233168-how-fix-2-black-border-side-full-screen-game.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Thank you for Full Black. Videos Randomly Screen Flash taking the time to read this I have a Dell computer with Windows operating system When watching videos say like on youtube or Netflix the scree will turn black for a few seconds then return to normal It does not happen every time but it does happen often When it does happen I can watch it just fine Full Screen Videos Randomly Flash Black. in small screen or whatever its called when you don t make it full screen The video continues to play so its not loading or anything Full Screen Videos Randomly Flash Black. like that it just flashes black for a few seconds Sometimes it does it throughout the whole video or just once at the beginning of the video or when I switch it to full screen Also I don t Full Screen Videos Randomly Flash Black. know if this is related but if I pause the video and then start it back the sound is louder but still set at the same volume Once I either increase or decrease the sound it will return back to normal level Also this occurred when I first bought the computer around a year ago with windows then when windows came out it updated but the problem still occurred Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-videos-randomly-flash-black.1158440/
Relevancy 76.54%

I just recently rid my laptop of viruses with the help of boopme. However, I'm having some issues when starting it up. 3 things will either happen:
1)Stay stuck at the "Compaq" screen
2)Go passed the "Compaq" screen but then to a black screen with a blinking dash at the top left corner (If I wait long enough, like 3 long minutes, Windows 7 will eventually start up.)
3)Or go passed the "Compaq" screen, to the black screen with dash, but eventually instead of starting up, it will say something like "Operating system not found"

A:When I restart, it still goes to the black screen with the dash for like 3 full minutes

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435286/when-i-restart-it-still-goes-to-the-black-screen-with-the-dash-for-like-3-full-minutes/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm using 510 ideapad, having a wired issue. Black screen happened when watching youtube movies on chrome. Black screen suddenly show with sound only after watching a movie on youtube for around 5min, then I move my mouse, press the "esc" button or any other buttons, no action can be done. Black screen keeping on hold, I wait for serverl minutes, still keeping. I finally restart my notebook. It doesn't happen when I'm not using full screen, or wathcing a downloaded movie with movie player.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/black-screen-when-watching-youtube-movie-in-full-screen-mode-on/td-p/3427905
Relevancy 76.11%

I just got a new widescreen monitor for my computer. The problem is I can't get Media Center to switch from full screen to widescreen. I go to settings configure TV or monitor. After clicking on that it asks me to watch a video when I click the watch video button it crashes and comes up with this error message.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ehshell.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.1000.18273
Problem Signature 03: 486c6907
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI
Problem Signature 05: 6.0.6000.0
Problem Signature 06: 4b16184a
Problem Signature 07: 1078
Problem Signature 08: 185
Problem Signature 09: MYAATIFIWEYUEBF3DHIQD00N553RUCBH
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-switch-media-center-from-full-screen-to-wide-to-full-screen.1037654/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys I have a quick question regarding some games I am trying to play I just got a new laptop it s a cheapo - Asus K MA quot screen running Windows No graphics card or anything but it s powerful enough to play older games I am trying to play Half Life and Elderscrolls Morrowind but I have the same problem with each game When I start the game I have black margins approx inch on both sides of the screen so it s not displaying in full screen mode I have tried some fixes like going to screen resolution advanced IntelHD Graphics Control Panel Maintain Display Scaling but it doesn t work I am not sure if this is a problem with my monitor or with windows It s a generic monitor so it doesn t have a lot of options I ve searched for a while but can t find any solutions online Can anyone help Thanks so much Cheers nbsp

A:Games won't play in full screen...black margins on both sides

The only thying I can think of is that your gaming res isnt set to your native desktop res. I know that you said you have looked at this, bu tI suggest checking, see what your desktop res is, and make sure that games have the same setting. I play HL and dont get black margins, so I know that it will run properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-wont-play-in-full-screen-black-margins-on-both-sides.1142931/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everybody I ve been having issues getting games to run full screen I do not mean that they are running windowed so alt-enter does not do anything The game screens are centered and surrounded by black borders It is the SIZE of the screens that isn t where I want it to be not the resolution Each game seems to have its own screen size Everything using DOSBox is quot Diablo is quot and Galactic Civilization is quot My screen size is quot The only games that stay full screen are anything ran on an emulator The desktop is are screen. They borders. and smaller, have centered, Games full won't run black untouched and Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders. full screen with my resolution set Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders. to x Changing the resolution in control settings gt display gt settings does nothing at all to the games I m trying to play as far as Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders. I can tell And I literally JUST solved my problem but I will continue to post this thread b c I have read a lot of these with the same error occurring with answers that did not solve my problem On my computer using Windows XP all I had to do was go into Control Panel gt Display gt Settings gt Advanced then click on the tab that should have the title of your graphics card mine was Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver then choose Graphics Properties and finally choose Full Screen No Border as opposed to Center Desktop I never changed this so something I downloaded or ran must have altered this setting Hope this helps nbsp

A:Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders.

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. I remember not being able to fix this on my brother's pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-wont-run-full-screen-they-are-smaller-centered-and-have-black-borders.1086440/
Relevancy 74.82%

hello Hoping you can help I have a Asus running Windows recently its been lagging quite a lot a week ago I started having issues even just getting to websites like Youtube and it would freeze up I ran a disk cleaner defragment which said only fragmented I also ran virus scans both Microsoft Essentials as well as Malwarebyes cleaner last night again I was lagging horribly when I checked My Computer it showed my C Drive was in the Red and veryyyy near full Yet my Partitioned D - with then black Laptop Full to on Drive only dash brand screen name comes C on sits drive showed near empty This morning I rebooted the laptop as soon as it powered up to show Asus from that screen it goes to a black screen with a dash that s all I get Ive tried C Drive Full - Laptop only comes on to brand name then sits on black screen with dash to remove the battery and unplug nothing seems to help im at a loss Im hoping to get into the lappy to I can transfer and delete filoes from C drive Any help would be greatly appreciated Is My laptop dead in the water or can I fix this Tx for your help in advance nbsp

A:C Drive Full - Laptop only comes on to brand name then sits on black screen with dash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-full-laptop-only-comes-on-to-brand-name-then-sits-on-black-screen-with-dash.1113377/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all,

I've been having a very annoying problem for quite a while now. When I play games or use any sort of full screen program, it refuse to stay in full screen and flickers to the desktop after a 10-30 minute period...I'm aware this is probably another program trying to take control, but I can't seem to pin it down. I've tried disabling startup programs through task manager and I've also tried ending background process, with no success.

Can someone please advise how to troubleshoot this issue, or let me know an easier way to find out what is going on...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matthew

A:Full screen programs (games etc) will not stay full screen

Can anyone suggest anything?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54270-full-screen-programs-games-etc-will-not-stay-full-screen.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,Running Windows 7 RTM x64 on both my PC at home and my workstation at work.My PC at home has a square monitor and my work PC has a widescreen monitor.I used webapps (citrix) from home to get into work environment then remoted to my workstation.Since doing that, when I am physically at the workstation (at work), I can no longer remote desktop to servers in full screen mode.  Instead, it does a smaller window with "full screen settings".  Basically the full screen remote desktop is about 3/4 size of the monitor, not 100%.Any help appreciated.-thanks

A:Remote desktop full screen mode not going full screen

Hi,-Start "Remote Desktop Connection".-Click on "Options".-Click on the "Display" tab.-On "Display configuation" settings, you can change the "Remote Desktop Connection" display by moving the slider from "Small to Large".-By moving the "Slider" all the way to large, the display settings will automatically set to "Full Screen".Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/04717e71-b365-4ffb-9155-ee2670831175/remote-desktop-full-screen-mode-not-going-full-screen?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all,

I've been having a very annoying problem for quite a while now. When I play games or use any sort of full screen program, it refuse to stay in full screen and flickers to the desktop after a 10-30 minute period...I'm aware this is probably another program trying to take control, but I can't seem to pin it down. I've tried disabling startup programs through task manager and I've also tried ending background process, with no success.

Can someone please advise how to troubleshoot this issue, or let me know an easier way to find out what is going on...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matthew

A:Full screen programs (games etc) will not stay full screen

Are your drivers for your GPU and motherboard updated? Are you overclocking? What are your temps? Please list your full system specs

System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/54371-full-screen-programs-games-etc-will-not-stay-full-screen.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 71.81%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 71.38%

Full screen game will full screen when I use Vista and XP. When I use Seven, the side will become dark.

Like this:

But when I use fraps to take screenshot, it appears to be full screen image. So, i have to draw it out. Any idea?

Information: Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS
Dell Inspiron 1427, Intel Core2Duo T6600
Windows Se7en Ultimate build 7600

A:Full Screen Games no full screen on Windows Seven

Ok what is going on here is your screen is set to a smaller size in game then in windows.
If you check your windows settings you will see something like 1440x900 then look at the setting in game it may end up being 800x600. See the difference.
Also what game are you trying to play, I know that most steam games you need to enable the widescreen support in game then you can change the resolution to the correct size for your screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/23251-full-screen-games-no-full-screen-windows-seven.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi, I would like to know on how to full screen a game? I play Specialforce/Soldierfront and Crossfire. When I go to the game its not full screen.. Theres a blank/black space on the left and right.. but in the bottom and the top its full screen. Can you teach me on how to full screen on VGA? thanks..Because I can't use DVI and Nvidia Scaling it.. I will stick to the VGA.. Can anyone help me? Please help me.

A:How can I full screen a game on VGA -> Can I full screen it with settings?

Resolution/aspect ratio

Sounds to me that ether you need to change the resolution in the game or your aspect ratio to match your monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-full-screen-a-game-on-vga-can-i-full-screen-it-with-settings.163487/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi guys sorry if this is the wrong section - I couldn't find a dedicated video section Anyway Firstly I'm running a bug free and in Silverlight (only full full stuttering screen) screen competent AMD Phenom II x machine with an ATI and gigs of ram Hard drives have plenty of space and there aren't any hardware faults Everything tends to run fine Since I installed Silverlight to use LoveFilm streaming though fullscreen viewing inexplicably stutters Solutions tried Reinstall GPU driver cleaning it with driver sweeper CC cleaner Silverlight stuttering in full screen (only full screen) etc Reinstall Silverlight Uninstall windows update that installed original silverlight Reinstalled it again Turned off any custom video settings in the ATI Catalyst Tried using IE FireFox currently use chrome Tried increasing amount of space Silverlight can use Tried turning hardware acceleration on in the Silverlight options I can't think of anything else It doesn't matter if the film or TV show is HD or SD full screen will stutter My native resolution is x as per and my refresh rate is hz No clashes there Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Note I've tried Silverlight and both cause the same problem

A:Silverlight stuttering in full screen (only full screen)

Does this do this with any streaming video requiring silverlight at any other websites?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/silverlight-stuttering-in-full-screen-only-full-screen-652294.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I have this year old Lenovo Y config below The discrete graphic card has In WIN Screen Mode POST During , Screen Safe Even Black 7 Black probably fried a long time ago so last year when I did a clean install of Windows I had to disable ATI Card permanently in the device manager using safe mode Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode and used the Intel integrated card A few days ago I booted up windows only to encounter quot A disk read error has occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot I tried to boot up using WIN install disc but soon after the Starting Windows logo the screen Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode turns black and I am left with a cursor in a black screen I tried to boot into Safe Mode but still I encountered a black screen with just the cursor I booted with Ubuntu live usb and was able to access all my partition and did back up and even formatted the Windows Partition I tried to boot using a WinPe and faced the Black screen with a cursor again I even reset BIOS to default changed Graphics Adapter from quot Discrete' to quot Switchable' and vice-versa but no effect at all When I boot up using Ubuntu and ran lspci grep VGA I can see both cards listed I even tried to boot up using Windows preview disk still I get a black screen after the Windows loading screen I can't afford to buy any laptop presently since I am currently at college so using Ubuntu for now Is ther any way to install Windows again Is it possible to get the ATI Card working properly- reballing reflow Any way to permanently disable the ATI card and get windows to boot up using the integrated chip Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y Processor Intel Core i M Graphics Adapter Switches B W Intel HD amp ATI Mobility Radeon HD

A:Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode

What other graphics adapter choices are available in BIOS setup? If you choose Switchable is there software on the Lenovo site for your model that's needed? Are you using the Display adapter software from there?

Have you tested your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check on a single disk partition you create?

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums including trying an alternate install method (disk><flash stick) with new media. These steps overcome almost all install failures, so you'll be reasonably sure the problem is hardware or BIOS settings if nothing works. But don't skip any steps.

Try Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview to see if there's any difference with a more modern OS install. It's already a very polished OS and worth testing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351512-black-screen-during-win-7-post-black-screen-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello tech It s easter so I realise some helpers might be away and help might be a bit slow as well as answers full then go in press a seconds Alt+Enter 2 screen.opens I small couple screen of DOS from me until Tuesday lol I got a problem driving me up the wall for four days now I use a developer program to make executables hobby of mine saves me going troppo called Clarion it works OK I made a DOSable program with it it works OK Once I could open to full size DOS screen by pressing the Alt Enter keys and it would stay open until I was finished with it then I could revert back to a small screen by pressing Alt Enter keys again Now if I press Alt Enter keys the DOS screen appears but it stays open in I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds full screen for a couple of seconds then automatically closes back to the usual small screen I have tried right clicking on the icon properties screen and putting a dot in the full size option but this does not work I have scanned my PC for viruses etc but I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds no joy there I have Dialup only so don t ask me to do a Panda or Trend scan as they drop you if you no got broadband I I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds m using XP pro meg ram using a Gigabyte MB and Nivida video card XP working OK-dokie sound ok-dokie video ok-dokie screen to DOS wonkie OK what do I do now nbsp

A:I press Alt+Enter DOS screen.opens 2 full screen then go small in a couple of seconds

You can download PowerCmd and use CTRL+ENTER to test its full screen mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-press-alt-enter-dos-screen-opens-2-full-screen-then-go-small-in-a-couple-of-seconds.695080/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Last week I had to replace a corrupt HDD on my R Samsung Laptop s HDD After reinstalling windows I installed the drivers for my hardware according to the Samsung website Since this happened of the time when I launch a program that enters full screen mode i e games and also sometimes when alt tabbing out of these applications the display goes solid black and then begins to cycle through solid colours when cycles full colours Screen programs. Problem!! launching Graphics through screen The only thing I can imagine would be causing the problem to occur is when Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs. opening the programs the Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs. screen resolution changes and somehow causes an error due to the drivers The graphics card is an Intel R HD Graphics The video BIOS is Current Graphics mode is by I d really appreciate any useful comments on this problem as it has become quite tedious If you need any more information please let me know what it is and the best way to obtain it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-problem-screen-cycles-through-colours-when-launching-full-screen-programs.1050406/
Relevancy 68.8%

When I play any flash videos in full mode on my second screen, there is empty space on the bottom and top of my screen. This started happening recently and I am not sure what caused it. If I move the video over to my primary screen, I can view the video in full mode with any white borders. I am including 2 images to show the difference. On my primary screen you see that the video takes advantage of my whole screen, while on the secondary screen, there is empty space on top and bottom. This just started happening recently and I am trying to figure out what is causing it. The resolution on my primary screen is 1600 x 900 and on secondary screen is 1440 x 900.

Primary Screen -
Secondary Screen -

A:Flash full screen leaving empty space on top and bottom of my screen

My first guess without knowing anything else is this is simply the graphic driver/card's way of dealing with the aspect ratio difference between the two monitors. It is possible this only started after a update to the flash player or graphics driver, I don't really see it as anything to be concerned about, and more than likely a great deal more trouble to solve than it's worth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/166137-flash-full-screen-leaving-empty-space-top-bottom-my-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I m having a problem with BF where the game will crash with a quot BF exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot error right after the logo screen The game full Battlefield (doesn't crashes after Solved: screen mode) splash enter 2 screen doesn t enter full screen mode The first time I saw this error was when I was playing around with BattleRecorder BF s own recording engine and I tried to launch a movie in BattleLauncher This throws the error described above and I can t run BF again without getting the error until the computer is RESTARTED no logoff and back on I searched for a Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode) way to make Battlerecorder work and Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode) I gave up But the problem now seems to occur when Battlefield is run for a second time For example if I turn on the computer run BF play close BF and try to play again without a restart it crashes I tried multiple things to fix this problem and I eventually ended up downgrading my nvidia drivers to i was running beta I THOUGHT this fixed the problem but I must have only tried to open the game once when I went and downgraded the drivers because it still happens The only things I have installed recently are xfire and I remember that that program threw me the error whenever I clicked somewhere inside the program to launch BF xfire has a feature to launch bf for you so you can play with a friend I suppose I should uninstall xfire I ll try that now This computer is NEW its got several games on it but its only a month old and it has no viruses or spyware Here are the specs WinXP Home Edition Version SP Pentium D Dual Core GHz gig of ram nvidia with driver version Please don t post that Battlefield is a crap game and that EA sucks that s really not the answer I m looking for right now Thanks in advance I hope someone can help me with this nbsp

A:Solved: Battlefield 2 crashes after splash screen (doesn't enter full screen mode)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-battlefield-2-crashes-after-splash-screen-doesnt-enter-full-screen-mode.462157/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there,
I have a DOS program, once I could open the DOS screen up to full size to use it, by pressing Alt+ENTER keys, after I am finished using it, I press Alt+Enter again to revert to windows XP normal screen.

But, something has happened and now when I do it, the screen opens to full size, but, after a few seconds it automatically reverts back to the windows screen. It won't stay in the DOS screen.

I have Windows XP Pro running on a Gigabyte 2.8GB motherboard with 512 Meg of ram. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 753s

I know there are utilities programs like DosBox out there that are designed to open a dos box, but I don't want to install it until my normal XP setup is working OK. Can someone help me please?

A:DOS box expands to full screen then reverts to small screen within seconds

hello& welcome to TSF,

now this is just for starters for trouble shooting

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

-----------------------------------
also
-----------------------------------
do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot
-------------------------------------------

now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply is installed

i u... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dos-box-expands-to-full-screen-then-reverts-to-small-screen-within-seconds-231511.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I either play Left Dead or Prototype and my computer crashes with a blue screen when I make a swift mouse motion to the right It doesn't happen all the time some days I can play L D for hours and full crashes game. Blue screen only Screen in Vista it won't crash Some say the most common thing is Logitech Mouseware I do have a Logitech mouse Mx Performance Optical Mouse Blue I am running on Vista I Vista Blue Screen crashes only in full screen game. have visited the driver site for Logitech and found out that Vista does not require any Vista Blue Screen crashes only in full screen game. driver for my mouse and I never had on in the first place for this Dell XPS M I just plug and use So ingame it would happen when I make a sharp turn with the character to look in first person view to the other side or behind Vista Blue Screen crashes only in full screen game. me with lots of things happening at the same time such as attacks or explosions screams etc This is what I got as the only info that I could possibly even remember during the seconds before reboot during the blue screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x E something like that Then when my computer started up completely it showed this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP E E BCP BCP BCP FFFFF C B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users NAME OF OWNER AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users NAME OF OWNER AppData Local Temp WER F tmp version txt Read our privacy statement Microsoft Online Crash Analysis Note I removed my name in those links for my own privacy

A:Vista Blue Screen crashes only in full screen game.

Here's a link to a brief description of the error: Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages
There's not much info here to go on, but most BSOD's that occur during games are due to video problems, with audio problems coming behind them.

So, for starters:
- download the latest version of the video and audio drivers for your system.
- uninstall the current video and audio drivers through Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program.
- install the downloaded drivers.
- reboot and wait for another BSOD :0)

If this doesn't fix it, you'll have to navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, zip up the contents of that folder and upload it with your next post.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/232917-vista-blue-screen-crashes-only-full-screen-game.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When i connect my laptop to my HDMI tv and when i try to play any video on youtube or from hard drive the screen goes blank and i here only audio when video is played in fullscreen. This happens only for 1080p resolution. I have full hd tv and i tried other laptops that works fine. Please anybody have any solution to this problem?

A:Screen goes blank while playing videos full screen when conn...

Same problem on my HP Pavilion

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-blank-while-playing-videos-full-screen-when/td-p/5829057
Relevancy 68.37%

I've been trying to get my games running at full screen on my TV via HDMI, which does work - but I also want to be able to have an internet window, or Skype windows etc open on my laptop screen at the same time, to continue chatting/surfing etc. Whenever I activate full screen mode in-game, the laptop screen just shows my wallpaper, with no option of showing other windows. Is there a way to do this?

Laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6.

A:Laptop screen = desktop, TV through HDMI = full screen game?

this is generic, u'll have to 'tap out' the game to do this anyway, normally takes about 5-15 seconds to go back into full screen,

but the general setup issue with bill your monitor settings, check your display manager nvidia/ati

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186291-laptop-screen-desktop-tv-through-hdmi-full-screen-game.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello Recently my laptop screen had to be replaced due to a cracked screen Original screen was a Samsung and the new screen is LG After this whenever I install Intel HD graphics windows boots up till the login screen and then goes black one bright flicker then Screen/Blank screen after Black screen replacement completely black again However when I boot into safe mode and replace Intel HD graphics driver with Standard VGA adapter everything works fine except for crappy graphics ofcourse I tried installing various old new latest versions of driver software upgrade downgrade BIOS install monitor inf file from lenovo website for this laptop model everything Odd thing running Dxdiag shows my current display to be x bit hz So I tried to change the display refresh rate in advanced settings gt Screen refresh rate no luck no other option except ' Use hardware defaults' So I went ahead an modified registry values as given here How to Modify the Video Refresh Frequency in the Registry Again no use After I reboot and go back and check its set to by default Tried clean installs installing on a completely Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement new HDD Windows Pro Windows Ultimate Windows everything Is it a screen problem Or some hardware ID kind of thing What should I do Please help Dxdiag information ------------------ System Information ------------------ Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement Time of this report Machine name UNKNOWN-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model AG BIOS Ver PARTTBLx Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A AA amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ThinkPad Display x Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF- B -EA CACC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A AA Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Not all laptop screens are the same. It is important to get a "replacement" screen, not a "compatible" one.

On the back of the laptop screen is a product sticker (you can only read this before you install the screen). On that sticker is the manufacturer and model #. You can use that number to find exact replacements.

How did you come to choose the LG screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360164-black-screen-blank-screen-after-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 Retail x64 and everytime I try to exit On-Screen Keyboard my system freezes for about 10-15 seconds. Anyone had this problem before?

System specs (beside OS):
Windows 7 x64
NVIDIA 560TI (OC Edition)
12 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 6GB CL7
Intel Core i7-930
Various of harddrives (over 6 TB) but my system drive is Corsair SSD Force Series? F120, 120GB

A:System freezes when exiting On-Screen Keyboard

Try using 'Task Manager' to close it or 'File' > Exit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195394-system-freezes-when-exiting-screen-keyboard.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I was playing Modern Warfare The game resolution was set to something smaller than my desktop resolution when I exited the resolution of windows became such that everything is now very small resolution changed game after exiting Screen I played around with the screen resolution but Screen resolution changed after exiting game eventually settled on the one quot recommended quot by windows I checked and it IS the native res of my monitor when i press quot auto quot on my monitor Windows doesn t fill the whole screen and there is a black margin about quot thick on the left side of my screen When I ve played other games in the past Counterstrike Battlefield etc the screen comes back to windows and then a second later flashes and returns to the normal resolution please i really need help my icons and the taskbar have definitely shrunk i don t want to just ctrl mousewheel my icons back to normal because they don t all increase and it looks ugly i need a real solution thank you in advance i tried googling this but came up with nothing it s a hard thing to search for btw i have an HD with the latest drivers and CCC nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution-changed-after-exiting-game.971134/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am running a Windows 7 home edition 64
The laptop is a sony vaio VPCEB3S1E with an Intel i5 processor 4 gb of ram and a ATI mobility radeon HD 5650 graphic card.
It's like a few days old, the OS is the original OS it came with, did not reinstall it since then. I seem to get this error when i exit games or alt tab on some ocassions...but mostly when i exit games.
I will attach the dump files and hopefully you guys can tell me what's wrong with it.

A:Blue screen problems when exiting a game

Hi,

BSODs are graphics related, as is to be expected from your description of the problem.

First try updating your graphics driver:

Code:

atikmpag.sys Tue Sep 21 13:20:30 2010 (4C98085E)

Update - ATI Catalyst

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Mon Jan 17 05:48:39.178 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:11:54.708
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgLockEx+a3 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`0012455b fffff880`0cb8f070 00000000`00000000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Mon Jan 17 00:44:50.540 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:23:59.695
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExEnterCriticalRegionAndAcquireFastMutexUnsafe+26 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: FalloutNV.exe
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`0303d77e fffff880`0c8ece40 00000000`00000000

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-problems-when-exiting-a-game-544191.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I installed Windows 7 this week on my notebook Dell XPS M1710.
Everything is good working, except one thing :

When I close the screen, so the notebook go hibernating, and then I reopen it, the notebook leave the hibernating mode, and here the screen goes dark, the brightness is very low, despite the brightness setting is at max. The only solution is to reboot the notebook.
So now I can't use hibernating mode, I have to always shutdown the notebook.

Does anybody have the same problem ?

A:Low brightness screen when exiting hibernating mode

Still have the problem.

Where should I see to adjust the brightness ?

Note that I have a nVidia video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/34499-low-brightness-screen-when-exiting-hibernating-mode.html
Relevancy 67.94%

i've found that windows media player keeps switching from full screen to small window when i watch any video, this happens every 10 minutes. ish i've tried stopping most other programes but it keeps happening! (it's very annoying). any help would be great!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-full-screen-small-screen.731205/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have 2 monitors set up,

Primary: Samsung Syncmaster 19 Inch widesreen 1400 * 900
Secondary: LG E2541 25 Inch Widescreen 1980 * 1080
VideoCard: Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti

I use my primary mostly for browsing, msn, music players, Ventrilo etc etc,
I want to use my secondary Monitor for gaming Watching Videos.

However, when i want to use something Full screen on my secondary monitor it goes full screen on the primary monitor.
I cant also run it in windowed mode and stretch it out to full screen, it does not allow me to do that, it goes back to the size of my primary Monitor.

Is there an Way to achieve this?

Ps.
I want this since i play mostly with fullscreen borderless or in windowed mode so i can still browse the internet or adjust music/ventrillo settings.
I dont want to have an Taskbar below the game, so thats why i need it on the Second Monitor.

greetings Eir

A:Dual screen, unable to full screen on second monitor

Hi welcome to Seven Forums

I am not sure what you are trying to do, the primary monitor (usually the largest) is for gaming and the secondary is for extras.

You say you want to play games full screen on your secondary monitor? Why not reverse the screens so the larger monitor is primary and the secondary is the smaller. Then your games and movies will still be running fine on the large monitor and your web browser, explorer, email ect. is on the smaller monitor.

"I dont want to have an Taskbar below the game, so thats why i need it on the Second Monitor." If the game is full screen the taskbar shouldn't be showing or if you still want to have the screen in a window, use the 'Auto-hide the taskbar' option so it disappears when not in use.

N.B - I have 2 different screens with the same resolutions as yours, using the 560ti and it works fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/216579-dual-screen-unable-full-screen-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys.

When I start a command prompt, and change to full screen mode, it automatically chooses 720x400 @ 70Hz. How do I change this please? It's not an ideal mode for my flat-screen monitor which has a native resolution of 1280x1024 - so for a DOS prompt in Full Screen mode a better resolution if it's available would be 640x512 or 1280x1024... so that each pixel is used a whole number of times. With 720x400 I get fuzzy...sharp...fuzzy...sharp...

Cheers

Relevancy 67.94%

I've had this problem in years gone 1/2 open Outlook won't screen in in opens Full - Screen by with older IE versions They were fixed by doing things like dragging the corners out then hitting File gt Exit etc That doesn't work with this - I'm using IE and Windows Most of the solutions I have come across this morning are for things like IE and Windows etc What I have tried to Outlook won't open in Full Screen - opens in 1/2 screen do so far Drag edges of screen out then hit File gt Exit Has no effect next time I open Outlook it is still screen Hold down Windows key and F Has no effect at all Hover over shortcut to Outlook right-click then Properties Supposed to show a Maximise button Does not show Close every open screen leaving only Outlook screen open then drag edges out and hit File gt Exit Does not work I have gradually been replacing things I get Internet Explorer to do and shifting over to Chrome beginning to despise IE more and more but I am not sure how I can get Outlook to open with Chrome yet That of course is a possibility which may solve this IE issue Does anyone know how to fix this current problem for IE and Windows Older fixes appear to be of no use here thanks Hoges

A:Outlook won't open in Full Screen - opens in 1/2 screen

Hi,

Try this:
- open Outlook
- adjust the window size
- hold the SHIFT key and use File -> Exit

This works on IE not sure if it works for Outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583164/outlook-wont-open-in-full-screen-opens-in-12-screen/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I'm new here and i could use some little bit help here
when i play a game or using a program is my screen little and its so god damnit to freak out here som pics

Can someone help me plz i wanna play games normal thx alredy

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/113837-litte-screen-while-opening-full-screen-program.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm looking for a software that allows me to see a picture (jpg, etc...) in full screen but at the same time that I can have at half screen able to for example use Word 2013 at the same time

When I use Windows Photo Viewer the only way to see a picture full screen is playing the slide show and then pressing pause so that the pic does not change, but when I have it at half screen the rest of the screen is black I cannot have my screen with another program to write on there.

which pic software may allow that?

I'm not looking for advanced photo programs because I don't want to edit the pic just to see it in full screen.

A:full screen photo viewer at half screen

To start, there is a difference between the Maximize/Restore button in the middle of the 3 at top right corner of windows and the feature of Full Screen gained by toggling the F11 key on most computers. Using Full Screen allows viewing but not toolbars, Taskbar, etc. One way of getting part of what you want is to have two windows/programs open and right-click the Taskbar to choose how the windows are displayed. Clicking in the middle of the image windows to get the focus on it then pressing F11 should show the image plus it wouldn't affect the other program. It probably would work better if using a 23" or larger monitor or using 2 monitors, splitting the tasks between them.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/65287-full-screen-photo-viewer-half-screen.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm using my mother's Toshiba Laptop while I am visiting.  I placed a link to Outlook on the Favourites Bar so I could get to my emails.
From that, I placed a Shortcut on the desktop.
When I open Outlook from the Favourites Bar, it opens full screen.
If I open it from the Desktop, from the shortcut icon, I get a screen that is @ 2/3 of a screen, that I then have to maximise to read.
From memory in the long distant past, I had this issue before with W7 when I used it but I can't remember how to fix it.

Pulling the screen out to the edges, then using "Exit" instead of  X, doesn't fix the issue.

Anyone got any idea how to stop this and have it open full screen every time?
thanks
Hoges  

A:Outlook opens in 2/3 screen size, not full screen.

Hi Hoges This kind of issue is always tiring, because you don't know what will work in order to fix it. To be honest, there's no "actual" fix to that, it really depends of the system, program used, etc. There's a few tricks mentionned in the thread below for that issue, if you want to give them a try:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_vista/how-to-make-internet-shortcut-open-maximized/b2a0b8ae-ce6d-47bb-99fc-7080e88ccac3To be honest, the one that might work the best is the shortcut of the browser that opens directly on the website, and where you'll check the Run Windows Maximized box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565760/outlook-opens-in-23-screen-size-not-full-screen/
Relevancy 67.08%

Not everytime, but occasionally when I exit and even more rarely open a program, my entire system crashes in a blue screen with the Win32k error. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this, so I'd appreciate any help you guys can give.

A:BSOD when exiting programs, Win32k.sys blue screen

Code:
Host Name: CHOCO-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Choco
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173
You really need to update the Windows system files, but you won't be able to do that because of the counterfeit installation you have running.

Counterfeit installations such as yours contains heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable.

My recommendation is to start with a clean slate, and install a genuine version of Windows. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows installation, and are still experiencing BSOD's, we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355752-bsod-when-exiting-programs-win32k-sys-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have been searching all over the internet, HP Technical Support (I have an HP Pavilion laptop), and friends, and I cannot figure this out:

I recently installed a program called BootSkins, which safely changes your Windows XP boot screen. However, my Windows XP boot screen is a small box - it doesn't take up the entire screen like it used to (when I installed Windows, before it "adjusted" my screen resolution). So when I assign a new picture to BootSkins and restart, it appears in a small box instead of stretching to fit the entire screen.

I don't want to run my computer in 800 X 600 mode - I love 1024 X 768 - but everything I'm reading seems to tell me that this is the only way. Isn't there some way I can change a system setting, INI file, registry setting, or something similar just to make the boot screen bigger?

Relevancy 66.65%

my grandson pressed buttons when I was on phone-now I cant enlarge the screen Its full height but approx 2 inches narrower either side

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my screen is smaller than usual how do i get full screen -i ...

Please try changing the resolution. Maybe it reverted to a lower one. On Desktop, Right Click, go to Screen resolution, and select the on which you need.Assuming a normal notebook, the recommended resolution would be 1366x768. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/my-screen-is-smaller-than-usual-how-do-i-get-full-screen-i/td-p/1115755
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

Recently I tried to screen record a batch script in full screen, and it did not work. Any ideas why? And do you know of any programs that may? I screen recorded in Camtasia, and all it did was (in video) display the windowed mode.

Your words are appreciated,

John

Relevancy 66.65%

When I try to run any full screen application, my screen goes blank. The computer does not freeze, in fact the application keeps running normally; there is just nothing on the screen.
I'm using a notebook with a Radeon 9700 mobile video card. Anyone ever seen a problem like this?

A:Screen goes blank when I run full screen applications

Oh and I ran DXDiag. It worked fine until it got to the full screen test. When it tried that, the same problem happened. Screen went blank and there was nothing I could do. Had to restart the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-goes-blank-when-i-run-full-screen-applications-86481.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a full screen, but don't know how to get a google search box to get a toolbox at bottom of screen?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-to-get-toolbox-at-bottom-of-screen-on-full-screen/705.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a full screen, but don't know how to get a google search box to get a toolbox at bottom of screen?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-get-toolbox-at-bottom-of-screen-on-full-screen/203701.html
Relevancy 66.65%

This link should let you know what i am getting an issue with. Please help me out by giving me some tips to try correct this. Bare in mind that i have not ever had this issue before, just recently i was playing in full screen without a problem but now i cannot seem to get it to pop back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eL2esw2upg

sorry not sure on how to make the video appear in here.

A:Screen Problem, when entering full screen.

Fixed the video lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/269576-screen-problem-when-entering-full-screen.html
Relevancy 66.65%

imgur: the simple image sharer

That's the only info I could grab the screen only displayed very briefly.
Do I need a more specific error report and where do I find it?

So, randomly, when I close or exit a game, or when I'm watching a video online, and exit full screen mode from it, my computer blue screens.
I ran a bios checking my memory, and it didn't find any issues so I'm really wondering what's going on.
If I can get any help based on the issue and the error information I'd greatly appreciate it.

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen when exiting a game or a steamed video

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screen-when-exiting-a-game-or-a-steamed-video-867778.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys, as most of you know, graphic cards are definitely my weakest point, so hopefully someone can help me.

Since upgrading my graphic drivers from 257.21 to 266.58 when I play a game (or other full screen application) I get a "letterbox" effect with about 3 inches being missing from the top and the bottom of the screen.

Im guessing that for some reason the graphics card is thinking my monitor is widescreen when it's not, but I'm damned if I can find a way to unset it in Nvidia Control Panel.

Any sugestions other than rolling back the driver?

A:Make Full screen actually look full screen

We need just a little more information.. Is it just on one game or on all games?

If just one game, what game is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/139394-make-full-screen-actually-look-full-screen.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys,

I wonder if someone can help me, I'm really getting stressed because this problem is really bugging me.

Any application like a game or a presentation wont use the entire monitor! It centers itself into a square and leaves a huge gap on each side.

I cant take a screenshot so I will try to draw an example.
http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...1&d=1244292237
Imagine the white is the application and the picture is my entire monitor.

Can someone help me please? I dont know what else to do. I've updated the drivers and nothing seems to work!

It's a HP Compaq 6710b, I haven't changed any display hardware. I've changed the RAM that's it.

Any help appreciated.
Thank You

A:Full screen applications don't use full screen!

im assuming you have a widescreen monitor, i have this feature on mine, il take a few screenshots with my phone to show what it does. this picture is the scaling options for flat panel monitors:

now, with this enabled, at your monitors default resolution, will appear like this:

now with it set at a resolution that isnt your monitors default will appear like this:

to stop this from happening, simply find out what your default resolution is for your monitor, and set the application resolution to this.

if you cannot find anywhere to set the default resolution, you can have full screen by reading through the manual for the monitor, there will be an option to remove the aspect ratio scaling on the monitor somewhere if you cant set it on windows.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/230877-full-screen-applications-dont-use-full-screen.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I m using. WMP v. 9 and am tring to watch a SVCD. It runs ok, But when I try and view it in full screen, the screen goes to full screen, but there is only a fairly small window sitting in the middle of the screen. I have viewed the same file on another computer and full screen works fine. Please help.
Luke.

A:Full Screen not Taking up full screen.

Have you checked the settings on your screen? Not the software settings but the hardware settings. I'm talking about the buttons that are on your screen that you use to adjust it. I doubt that this is the problem but it might be worth checking. Also, you might try searching Microsoft's Knowledge Base for any answers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-not-taking-up-full-screen.209664/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been struggling with an intermittent problem for many months and it is getting worse I am running windows vista on a toshiba satellite laptop My screen will go dark not quite as black as when the computer is off when I am using it and although the computer is still working I cannot see the screen Then on startup I can occasionally see flashes of the startup logo which is enough to let me know it is loading My cursor quits working as well After I run spybot in safe mode and then Startup screen black, screen flickers to all black run it again at startup it works for some time This last time was days So I believe I have a nasty virus I run Norton all the time spybot rather frequently and Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen malaware bytes about once a month I am able to Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen get it in safe mode by hitting the down arrow once and hitting enter It is very frustrating I don t think it is the video card as it is repaired after spybot use Any suggestions nbsp

A:Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen

That is weird situation I'd say. I am unsure what actually is the issue here, perhaps one way of finding what may be happening is having a look at your Event Viewer Logs. You can find Event Viewer, in Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Also please follow these 8-steps, and post your logs at Malware and Virus Removal Forum for analysis. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-flickers-to-black-then-all-black-screen.150656/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there,

Am using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with XP. It'd been running ridiculously slowly recently so I started an AVG scan and AVG immediately threw up a file, which I then deleted, then I got a "fatal error" message flash up. Since then I havent been able to get to the log in screen, it merely goes to the black screen with cursor, and Safe Mode is just a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner. Ctrl Alt Del also doesnt work in Safe Mode for some reason, and I have no CD. Ho ho.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

Our computer restarts when exiting restarts sleep, Computer when on exiting screen. lines white [SOLVED] sleep mode Upon restart there are static white lines flashing on the screen and I get the Windows Error Recovery screen where it says windows failed to start I can launch startup repair or start windows normally A week or so ago we had this same error screen pop up but I chose Start Windows Normally and it seemed to boot fine Now when choosing to start windows normally I either get a blank black screen with these lines flashing or it comes back to the same Windows Error Recovery [SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen. screen with the flashing lines still there For a long time now the computer would start to buzz once in awhile only for a bit Right now it has that louder than normal buzz and it is steady It is a Dell Inspiron AMD system running Windows Vista Home Basic I [SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen. do have the Operating System quot reinstallation quot DVD Any help would be greatly appreciated An update I just tried to start it up normally once more and it got to desktop this time but now there [SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen. are vertical lines and other horizontal lines kind of flashing on the screen The loud buzzing is there too

A:[SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen.

Hi it may be a issue with your graphics if you hook it up to a external monitor does it do the same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-restarts-when-exiting-sleep-white-lines-on-screen-549619.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 65.36%

Okay here's a little background information Bought my PC in Have had to replace video cards since i've bought it One was replaced under warranty the other I bought Since I purchased my PC the only parts splash mode. safe screen acces Black Unable Windows to screen. after I have replaced are My video card cards later i'm on my most recent one EVGA Nvidia GT http www evga com articles asp I also upgraded my PSU to an Enermax Pro w http www directron com epr awt html OS Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P BW-LA http h www hp com ewfrf wc d name c I mainly use my Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. computer for gaming after my first video card died i was sent a beefier card http reviews cnet com graphics-car tag mncol lst after that my PC was no longer under warranty so I had to buy my next cards my self My problem I Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. left my computer on while making some food I had world of warcraft opened When I finished making food I got back to my computer and moved my mouse to get it out of sleep mode I run a dual display set up once my monitors loaded up one of the screens was pure white and the other screen was black I was forced to hold the power button down to turn off my PC From there Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. on out everytime I boot my computer up I get my PC's loading screen which i'm able to acces BIOS or system restore after my PC's loading screen I get the windows splash screen after that my monitor is pure black The PC is still on and running but there's no display I plugged my monitor into my onboard and enabled it through BIOS same thing I originally thought this was a video card problem but after going through my onboard i realized this isn't the case Anytime i try to run windows normally the black screen happens wether its through my video card or through my onboard So my next idea was to start in safe mode Unfortunatley that doesn't work either It loads up all my system drivers then stops after windows system giveio sys Could this be an OS problem Maybe my mobo is shot and that's why i've been burning video cards cards in years is a little ridiculous Should I reformat Should I replace my mobo Please help Heres my PC's exact specs keep in mind i replaced my video card and PSU as mentioned before in this post http h www hp com ewfrf wc p roduct Please help me money is tight and I can't afford to be guessing and replacing parts thank you Joseph

A:Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode.

bump, please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-unable-to-acces-safe-mode-383474.html
Relevancy 65.36%

HI I was being helped by Quads on the norton community I know he helps out here too Quads was helping me but I screwed up thought I was helping to save time yes I know I saved you alot of time now but I did not starting Freezing, and when screen computer the redirect search black Screen engine follow complete instructions This is what was done so far OTL scan was run adwcleaner was run had adwcleaner delete Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer all and reboot ran combofix when computer was rebooting it got stuck on the black screen for about an hour Had to restart it again and when it did it restored to a previous date This is where I screwed up Since it was a previous date it seemed like nothing had taken place no downloads on the desktop Ran the otl scan again adwcleaner again log looked the same as first time so I deleted all again Ran combofix and rebooted and it gave me a log That is where I am stuck I dont know whether to leave these downloads on the computer delete them I dont think that Quads is going to help me anymore since I messed up so I was wondering if anyone else could help I just really want to finish what was started The computer was stuck on the black screen this morning and finally got it restarted after about times But I do think there is some kind of virus Still have adwcleaner and combofix downloaded on the computer Dont know if I should delete them or what Thanks Kim

A:Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472849/screen-freezing-search-engine-redirect-and-black-screen-when-starting-the-computer/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 65.36%

Start up then screen goes black before I even get chance to log in. If I shine a torch on the screen I can see it is working but impossible to do anything.

I think it needs some new part(s) installed to fix this (I think).
I know it's an old no longer supported system but I use it to run the TV guide, play some language cd's I have installed & Google some info.

I think 1 item is n inverter ?

Thanks 4 any help

A:Inspiron 8600 running xp black screen but torch shone on screen & can vaguely see

It could be the inverter - particuarly if the failure was sudden.  It could also be the backlight bulb itself, meaning a replacement screen is needed. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982657
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/