Windows Support Forum

Using pad controller as a second keyboard

Q: Using pad controller as a second keyboard

Hi there,

I am not sure how to ask this properly but basically I have a laptop pad controller (AKAI LPD8), normally used for controlling midi. I would like to use this device to control my shortcuts in foobar2000. The problem is that the program does not really like my controller. When I check the device manager, I saw that my controller is seen as "audio device". Is there any way to make computer see the device as another input device like a keyboard? If I can manage to make controller act like a keyboard I think I can handle the rest, is this possible?

Thanks for your helps in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Using pad controller as a second keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Using pad controller as a second keyboard

Okay, if anyone else look for it I've found the solution:
for mac: http://www.charlie-roberts.com/midiStroke/
and for windows http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/overview/classic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-pad-controller-as-a-second-keyboard.209081/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just moved my computers to a larger space. When I set up one of my computers it didn't find the mouse so I shut the system down. When I restarted it the error message referred to in the title popped up.

303-Keyboard Controller Error
This is an unrecoverable error. Your computer needs servicing.

Compaq Presario 5400
Celeron 1.2 GHz
128 Sync Ram
The Op Sys is XP Home

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix the problem?

Thanxs

A:303-Keyboard Controller Error

Install a USB keyboard and see if it clears the error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/303-keyboard-controller-error.107640/
Relevancy 48.16%

My keyboard is loud. As I type this sentence, I imagine it sounds pretty similar to riverdance. I want to replace it with an HP multimedia keyboard. It's the standard keyboard that ships with middle-end Pavilion systems. Anyway, I've found a way to order it direcrt from HP. Will those multimedia and one-touch functions work with my system? I've heard stories about people trying to install drivers and having to rollback their systems. Also, somebody said there's an actual keyboard controller wired into the mobo.

Does anyone know a way to get this to work, or am I better off continuing my quest for quiet keyboards?

A:Motherboard keyboard controller?

The drivers should be included with the keyboard. If not, they can be downloaded from here. There is a 'Configuring the Multimedia and Internet Buttons' link to the configuration instructions there, too.

Virtually all motherboards have a keyboard controller. It can be a separate chip, but is usually integrated into the chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-keyboard-controller.177784/
Relevancy 48.16%

after updating my Lumia 640XL to RS1, I can't find the cursor controller anymore, I tried to turn it off and on again, still not showing.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436169-where-keyboard-cursor-controller.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Roland PC-200 mkII midi controller connected to the PC via a MIDI to USB converter. The system claims to recognise it, and sets up a USB2.0-MIDI device with two hardware items: USB Composite Device and USB2.0-MIDI (sound, video and game controllers).

The keyboard is recognised - and sends MIDI signals. However, it will only send one at a time now, meaning it will only play single notes rather than chords. This is independent of whatever programme runs with it, indicating that it's a problem between the keyboard and Win7. The keyboard worked properly on Vista32 and previously on XP.

My mobo will not accept a direct MIDI (game port) connection, so I have no choice but to use the converter.

Am I missing any settings in Win7?

A:USB-MIDI keyboard controller

hey

i hear what you're saying. i own two controller keyboards with a usb interface, as well as a digital piano with midi in/out.... yep, winxp worked great when i plugged in either my EST (or is it ESI? their logo is hard to read) 49 key controller, or my M-Audio 49 key controller. I can't vouch for vista - installed it once. hated it.

When I first started using windows 7 I thought wow, this new OS is great! much faster than vista, more intuitive blah blah, then i loaded up all my music software, vsti plugins etc, and the final bit - plugging in the m-audio usb keyboard. "searching for hardware" - at this point i thought oh-oh as i remember on xp it instantly recognised it. so i waited, thinking ok its a different OS, maybe it needs to dig deeper to find driver, then i was faced with the devastating news that the device was not functioning, let alone being recognised. FORTUNATELY however, i bought a piece of sh*t USB to MIDI IN/OUT dongle from ebay. it was very cheap, the wiring is way too thin but hey it did the job for my digital piano when i needed to, so NOW, regardless of which USB keyboard I use under Win7, I must use this gay dongle. As for your issue - the mono polyphony - weird. My advice? Hit ebay. Buy another one from hong kong, just not the one you got originally. If you want, I am happy to provide a photo of the one i have - which works wonderfully and yes, it has full polyphone (ie i can play chords).... sometimes its not worth the headaches of waiting for forum replies of people stating obvious answers and things you already knew or tried, so i suggest you get a new dongle my friend.

this may be an obvious question but did you try different USB ports? Did it say "your USB device can operate faster"? - if its recognising it as USB1.1 that might be the problem. Otherwise, I'm out of suggestions...

Oh, and I am using Windows Ultimate 32bit on both a laptop and desktop, and both work with this dongle.

you'd like the dongle! it looks pretty when youre playing cos it has 3 lights, power on, midi in and midi out LED's

hope this helps u dude!

Sebastien from Adelaide, Australia.

PS: Microsoft: Please fix this. You're already losing the music market to Mac enthusiasts, can't you get this right? Get a calculator and work out how many musicians will migrate from XP (or vista) to Win 7 and be pissed off then think fvck this im switching to mac?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/14441-usb-midi-keyboard-controller.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So what's the verdict ....Mouse + keyboard or Microsoft xbox controller ?

The reason I'm asking is , Assassins Creed 2 ...I had some serious issues doing advanced wall jumps to the side on the last few side missions to get Alta?rs armour. ( Did the missions last thing , Yeah I'm a f**ktard , I know that already )

Yes its an old game but its new to me ! Seems like you have to have 4 fingers on the keyboard and one on the mouse. Is it just a bad port or is the keyboard and mouse system not that good ?

Kinda got used to it now on other games, so what's everyone else using ?

Thanks.

A:Mouse + Keyboard v Controller ?

I have the always used keyboard/mouse but want to try a controller

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/26831-mouse-keyboard-v-controller.html
Relevancy 47.73%

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISAPOINTING HELP FROM MSI Keyboard Interface error When booting i recieve a quot keyboard interface error quot I have tryed two differant PS keyboards on the mainboard Both keyboards are working as i have tested them with my secondary vista machine downstairs I Keyboard issue MSI Platinum Controller K9A am sure i have the keyboards in the correct slot The error MSI K9A Platinum Keyboard Controller issue occured after i changed the case of my machine I put MSI K9A Platinum Keyboard Controller issue the power connector in the jsp slot a few times and hit the power switch thinking that it was the jfp connector Could this have fryed MSI K9A Platinum Keyboard Controller issue the keyboard controller if so how do i fix the keyboard controller Can it be troubleshooted how much would it cost to repair Any help appreciated Posted Dec by Martin Obodo All Posts Dear Martin For your issue please contact your reseller the place you bought your mainboard from for some help If the reseller couldn t help for some reasons please contact your local MSI dirstributor for help Best wishes MSI technical support team Posted Dec by MSI I cleared cmos as described in the manual then tryed to enter bios but i got a PS Mouse not found Keyboard Interface Error CMOS Settings wrong CMOS Date Time not set Press F to Run setup Press F to load default values I have tryed attaching the USB keyboard i have too three diferant USB ports I cannot input any keys whatsoever I have tested the keyboard on my vista machine and i know it works I think the keyboard controller needs to be repaired and the usb controller too Do you offer a repair service how much do you charge My BIOS version us RTL B B Realtek Gigabit Boot Agent Posted Dec by Martin Obodo Dear Martin For your issue please clear cmos as described in the manul then enter bios to load optimized default- gt save amp exit Ps please use the usb keyboard first If the problem still persists please refer to below link to check your mainboard then tell us the current bios version of your mainboard How to identify the BIOS version Best wishes MSI technical support team AFTER I READ THIS EMAIL I RANG ALL THE MSI RESELLERS AND NONE OF THEM COULD HELP ME PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ADVICE CAN MY MBOARD BE FIXED nbsp

A:MSI K9A Platinum Keyboard Controller issue

Welcome to TSG.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that many MB manufacturers fix.......(Wait I take that back, I've had to work with some of ECS's refurbished boards)....

You are probably better off just replacing the board. You might be able to find someone to fix it, but with shipping and labor it would probably be as much, or cheaper to just replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-k9a-platinum-keyboard-controller-issue.798026/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently replaced the spinny drive with an SSD and performed a clean install of Windows Professional X on a Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv t However Keyboard Multimedia No No Filter Controller, I am running into two issues Device No Multimedia Controller, No Keyboard Filter and Printers reports that there is no Multimedia Controller installed Device and Printers reports that there is no keyboard filter installed So I click on quot solve quot and Win directs me to a AVer MediaCenter driver which I download and install However Devices and Printers still reports no driver Also when I launch the AVer MediaCenter and go into the settings for it I get the message quot Can't find AVerMedia TV tuner Cards quot Windows couldn't find anything at all for a keyboard filter Nor was there anything on HP's driver site I scoured the HP driver web site for my device and came up empty as well Google didn't return any useful info either or maybe my g-foo is off Any help would be appreciated My device is an HP Pavilion dv t VF AV

A:No Multimedia Controller, No Keyboard Filter

Hi bug67, I can only suggest you let HPs diagnostic software run on your laptop and see if that finds the correct driver Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv8t-1100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/204281-no-multimedia-controller-no-keyboard-filter.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently bought a game that is a port from xbox, however it is not a full pc port so it only has controller support.

I have been looking around and everybody seems to be just trying to send emulators to make your controller work like a mouse or whatnot, but I just want something that will make it so that I can map keys on my keyboard to correspond with the joysticks and buttons on a controller.

I do have a controller, however I only have one and the game is somewhat reliant on multiplayer to have a really good time with friends so if you have anything like that, it would be awesome if you could send me a link

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-to-controller-mapper-emulator.1135045/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

I have an Inspiron 1520 Laptop upon which the F2, 2, W, S and X Keys do not work.

I have replaced the keyboard with a brand new one and the same problem remains with the same keys.

Dell Diagnostics says no issue with Keyboard Controller and an External USB Keyboard works absolutely fine on all keys.

I have cleaned the cable and there was some black gunk on the contacts where the keyboard plugs into its connector but still those keys do not work.

I am stumped.

Any suggestions, guys?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-controller-failure-on-inspiron-1520.984302/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Portege A100 (PPA10E-0002N-EN) with a frazled keyboard controller.

Would guess that it should be possible to re-flash it, but doubt anyone would want to bother.

Anyone know how I go about either getting it flashed or getting a replacement system board?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

A:Portege A100: How to flash the keyboard controller?

Hello Nutter

System board replacement is not so simply to do without maintenance manuals. The disassembling procedure must be done in the right order. You probably know that small mistake can damage something.

Portege A100 is very nice unit and in my opinion it would be bad to destroy something. I recommend you to contact technicians.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?17840-Portege-A100-How-to-flash-the-keyboard-controller
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a CME UF5 and I can't find drivers for Windows 7. I have a RME Babyface Audio/MIDI interface using Sonar X2 Producer. Am I correct in thinking that I simply need to plug a cable from the MIDI out on the CME to the MIDI in on the Babyface? If so, is this the only option? Many thanks in advance.

A:CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface

I have a Sonar X2 Producer studio. I don't have the hardware you have, I have a Roland Octa-Capture and an Edirol PCR500 MIDI keyboard. Windows has "plug and play" drivers for the PCR500 when I plug it into USB. I've never tried running the MIDI through the Octa-Capture.

The Sonar Forum would be the best place to ask your question. There are people there knowledgeable about what you want to do. Not sure which section, probably the "Hardware" section. Cakewalk Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277317-cme-uf5-controller-keyboard-windows-7-sonar-x2-rme-babyface.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello, i have been using windows 7 for almost 3 years now, and i had a xbox controller and razer keyboard in the usb slots, and the keyboard isn't working when i take you the xbox controller or vice versa. the keyboard works when i am in windows system repair, but not on the password screen. please help

A:driver issue with razer keyboard and xbox controller?

Hit F8 on startup then enter on "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
You can also uninstall the driver for the keyboard and controller and re-install using Device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/367415-driver-issue-razer-keyboard-xbox-controller.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Please help:
I can't get this computer to run the files for the drivers(Zipped files). I have 7-Zip to open them.
Thanks for any help.

A:yellow ! on Video controller and. ? on multimedia Audio controller, RAID controller, and an unknown device

Just to add, I tried updating the drivers but windows won't run the downloads.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480199/yellow-on-video-controller-and-on-multimedia-audio-controller-raid-controller-and-an-unknown-device/
Relevancy 46.01%

i have windows vista bit and proceeded to install the recommended drivers to use it via a charging USB cable Immediately after the installation my mouse and keyboard became dead Immediately installing Dead and Keyboard PS3 after Mouse PC controller driver unresponsive you guys might also like to know that they Dead Keyboard and Mouse Immediately after installing PS3 PC controller driver both became dead while the setup displayed that it was performing the following task quot creating kernel quot or something like that Dead Keyboard and Mouse Immediately after installing PS3 PC controller driver Immediately after that phase finished all was lost The keyboard and mouse are detected by bios and key presses to get me in and around the bios and initiate safe mode work fine At the moment i am checking to see that the hole I O plate on my mobo arent dead and also no response from USB s on the front either Power is being supplied to these as my red laser light and keyboard lights flash when they are plugged in and out i have been routing round on th einternet to see if this little gem has happened to anyone else on earth clearly it hasnt thank you for youre help even if my desktop is dead nbsp

A:Dead Keyboard and Mouse Immediately after installing PS3 PC controller driver

Why not use system restore to roll back your system to before you tried to install the PS3 controller drivers? It's pretty obvious that something went wrong with the install. I haven't looked lately but last time I checked there were no offical PS3 controller drivers. The one that is floating around is a hacked driver and results may vary. The Xbox 360 controller does have an offical driver from Microsoft.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-keyboard-and-mouse-immediately-after-installing-ps3-pc-controller-driver.866763/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was wondering if anyone knows what virtual midi controller works with win7 x64 in order to turn my pc keyboard into a virtual midi keyboard to use with Reason 5.

I can't afford an actual midi keyboard at the moment.

Any suggestions or tutorials would be great.

I've searched google and youtube but mainly only found things that worked with xp and I don't want to screw anything up.

Thx in advance

A:Virtual Midi Controller + Midi Keyboard w/ Reason

have you tried analogx's virtual piano?

Quote:
Virtual Piano allows you to play your synth by making the computer keyboard into a 4-octave piano keyboard.

it's freeware and claims to work with windows 7.

good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/136809-virtual-midi-controller-midi-keyboard-w-reason.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello people:

I have an oldie, but a goodie, Logitech Momo steering wheel (You know, the ones they made with the real racing Momo wheels, not the cheap plastic knockoffs around nowadays.) that uses the old game port. My Q is if there are adaptors around that will let me use the wheel with a high-speed USB port? If so, will the controller benefit in any way compared to if it were used with the old analog port? Thanks go out to all that reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/analog-controller-to-digital-usb-adaptor-for-old-school-game-controller.717054/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a toshiba m55 laptop, it would not get past the blue screen, i reinstalled windowsCD after installing i could not get on the web, checked device manager and under others found i missing missing Ethernet controller, network controller and the PCI Modem, however i could get on the web with my air card. anyone know a site where i can download whats missing?

Relevancy 38.7%

There are three unknown devices in my Device Manager Image from Device Manager The one labeled Network Controller recently appeared After Controller Controller Unknown Video Devices and - Multimedia (x2) Network windows loads sometimes the Found New Hardware Wizard will appear This is what pops up Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller I opened up Everest to investigate this I went to Devices- Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller gt Windows Devices Here is an image of the unknown devices I found Images taken from Everest Ultimate Edition I have reformatted my PC recently to TinyXP WinXP Pro unfortunately the previous Windows didn t come with an installation CD I Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller have no idea what drivers I would need to download for the the Multimedia Video Controller As for the Network Controller I m guessing I ll be needing a driver called Harris Intersil PRISM g Wireless Adapter I have a CD labeled Wireless LAN b g Device which contains document information unfortunately it doesn t contain any drivers I ve tried searching for the driver however ended up unsuccessful I have uploaded a text document containing a summary of my computer View my report here Report generated using EVEREST Ultimate Edition I hope the information I have provided is adequate nbsp

A:Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller

Your Asus PTGD1-LA motherboard is apparently installed in a HP or Compaq PC.

If the model is SR1318NX, drivers for your onboard video and ethernet are here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=449732&lang=en

If that isn't your model, what is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-devices-multimedia-video-controller-x2-and-network-controller.565174/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey Guys I ve got two GB HDs in RAID configuration which have been working perfectly They contain all my music movies and personal docs which I ve collected over the years I have only just made this configuration as I was trying to speed my PC up I d recently cloned my C onto a rpm HD and while I was update SATA controller/RAID controller serious Solved: issue doing this I joined the spare HD that resulted to another one I had in the machine in RAID and after a lengthy process of copying files back and forward from laptop drives etc I now had a perfecty working PC with a faster c drive and faster storage area for my non-windows files d in RAID - GB Then last night I get a windows update for a SATA controller I install it thinking nothing of it rebooted the pc and now my RAID drive is not recognised Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue It doesn t show up in My Computer or in Computer Management I hoped this was just a driver issue So I went into device manager and looked at all the SATA controller driver properties and there was only one RAID controller with the option to roll back - so I rolled this driver back and it made no difference My RAID drive is not registering with windows When I boot the computer after BIOS is finished doing its thing I get a RAID utility come up Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue and it says my RAID configuration is healthy so I m guessing and praying that it s just a driver issue and that it can be Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue resolved without me loosing a whole heap of important important to me files Is there anyone out there that can help with this Many thanks in advance c lio Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P N -E SLI PLUS Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue

SOLVED:

Went into Control Panel, Device Manager, Storage controllers and uninstalled all the entries in there, rebooted and windows reinstalled them all. Now back to my perfect little setup!

Woohoo!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-controller-raid-controller-update-serious-issue.1049412/
Relevancy 38.27%

I need a driver for my AMD SEMPRON +2500 1.40GHZ THERES NO SOUND Please help me...ive already
search it at AMD site but its not there..thanks.

A:multimedia audio controller & PCI simple communication Controller

It depends on what sound drivers you have on your computer, check this article, and follow the described methods:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307918Hopefully this will resolve your problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242033/multimedia-audio-controller-pci-simple-communication-controller/
Relevancy 38.27%
A:Help With Multimedia Audio Controller And Ethernet Controller Drive

And the make and model of your computer is......??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162414/help-with-multimedia-audio-controller-and-ethernet-controller-drive/
Relevancy 38.27%

just upgraded my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop from windows xp to windows 7 Home Premium. The multimedia Audio Controller and Network Controller are missing and I can't connect to the internet. How can I download these drivers to a flash drive and then install on my laptop

A:missing multimedia audio controller and network controller

Have done some looking around. From what I have found in many forums is that Vista drivers should work with Windows 7.

Post at Dell forums says the Sigma Tel Stac 975X AC97 audio driver listed for the Insperion 9300 at Dell Support will work for Vista and Windows 7. The file is a zip, so downloasd and save the file to the flashdrive. Then load it on your laptop, unzip and run it.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=128550

None of the Netwrok dirvers at Dell Support are for Vista.

For the network controller I would suggest going to the Dell Support and find out what the original configeration was for your system. Go to this page, select Original Configeration tab and enter the Service Number for your computer. It will e on a tag on the bottom.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...nfo/details?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~tab=2&~ck=anavml

Once you get your network divices names, go to the device manufacturer's site and check for Vista/Window 7 drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-multimedia-audio-controller-and-network-controller.872492/
Relevancy 38.27%

hello everyone! i recently reformatted my friend's Compaq Presario M2000 laptop.. she doesn't have any cds or software so i just used my own XP installer.. problem is.. on the device manager-other devices category, the SM bus controller and video controller has the question mark thingy... that means it's not installed right? i tried downloading those stuff from the internet unfortunately, an error message just keeps on saying the those drivers that i downloaded doesnt match my friend's own.. do you guys know where i can find and download that 2 stuff that is compatible with Compaq Presario M2000? please help me. thanks

A:SM bus controller and video controller for compaq presario m2000

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder...c=us&dlc=enThere are 2 notebooks listed with that model number...you need to find out which you are working with...then click on the link and download/install appropriate drivers.FWIW: The smbus controller drivers should be included in the chipset drivers.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229444/sm-bus-controller-and-video-controller-for-compaq-presario-m2000/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Acer Aspire 5820T

Hard drive blew so had to replace it and reinstall windows, however these two devices Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller issues are not installed correctly with error message in Device Manager of (Code 28) for both.

I have installed all appropriate drivers from Download

these being:

Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 9.1.1.1024 2.3 MB 2010/04/08
Lan Atheros LAN Driver 1.0.0.33 4.6 MB 2010/06/23
Modem LSI Modem Driver 2.1.94 1.4 MB 2010/04/08
Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless LAN Driver 8.0.0.259 21.1 MB 2010/04/08

However the only device that was activated correctly after installing these was the Network Adaptor.

I therefore have no internet on this machine due to these two devices not being activated.

Please help.

I have phoned Acer but unless I go to there Premium support number at 50p/min, they can't help me.

A:Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller issues

Hello badbud65. Welcome to the Forum.

Are you sure your wireless LAN device is Atheros and not a Broadcom or Intel?

Did you install this?:
Card Reader Alcor Card Reader Driver 1.2.17.05001 6.7 MB 2010/04/08

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180125-network-controller-pci-simple-communications-controller-issues.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I installed windows 7 on Sony VGC LT15E. I installed Nvidia driver. its good working but Im looking for driver for and mass storage controller and media controller
Where do I find it Thanks for advance!

A:Mass Storage controller and Media Controller Windows-7

Hi.

You can find numerous drivers at your models support page. - eSupport - VGC-LT15E But THIS is the file you are looking for. Run them in Compatibility Mode and they should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/74706-mass-storage-controller-media-controller-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Please help me!!! this all started when the DVD player would not play. I looked in device manager and yellow splash marked under other devices on multimedia controller and multimedia vedio controller. I downloaded updated drivers for video and sound cards but this did not work. I tried uninstalling controllers and letting wizard in windows install drivers, it did not work. I'm not sure these are the drivers I need. Please can anyone help?

V2premier Intel Pentium 4 1.8Ghz
Windowsxp home
60 gb western digital hard drive
s3 pro savageddr video
via ac97 audio controller
p4vmm mainboard
liteon dvd ltr321235
liteon cdrw ltd163

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:multimedia controller and video controller(moved from H-ware)

I thought this might be helpful.
I did not know how to edit my post, so I thought this would work.
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name JEFFSTOY (JEFFS ROOM)
User Name g-ma

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1800 MHz (18 x 100)
Motherboard Name ECS P4VMM / Matsonic MS9118E
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8751(A) ProSavageDDR P4M266(A)
System Memory 224 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award Modular (01/02/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (32 MB)
3D Accelerator S3 ProSavageDDR
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (E210560290)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter BrookTree Bt878 Video Capture Device - Audio Section
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Storage
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD600AB-32CDB0 (55 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR-32123S (32x/12x/40x CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 57239 MB (41952 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC (192.168.1.124)
Modem Lucent Win Modem

Peripherals
Printer Impact ColorFax
Printer Lexmark X73
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB Device Generic USB Hub
USB Device Lexmark X73 MFP Scanner
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
USB Device USB Printing Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/multimedia-controller-and-video-controller-moved-from-h-ware-148716.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey

I just recently switch my hard drive ( 320gb HDD 5400 rpm ) to a Samsung 840 EVO 250 Gb.
I'm currently missing some files and I can't seem to find those drivers help?
Btw it's a laptop here the model if you wanted to know : Asus X401A

Network Controller
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_E054105B&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_E054105B
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_0280

PCI Device
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_14F71043&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_14F71043
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&CC_FF00

SM Bus Controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_14F71043&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_14F71043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&CC_0C05

A:Missing some driver: SM Bus Controller, PCI Device, Network Controller

I also forgot to mention a fresh install of Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339267-missing-some-driver-sm-bus-controller-pci-device-network-controller.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there this is my first Ethernet controller and controller PCI simple communications Missing post on the forum as I found this site while browsing on my iPod Now why would I have to use my iPod when I have a beautiful new computer sitting in front of me Well as the title says I have no controllers ergo no Internet I bought it second hand absolutely nothing wrong with it I think he just might of went too far when he wiped it before giving it to me So I came here hoping you guys could rescue me I'm looking for the driver s Missing Ethernet controller and PCI simple communications controller I need and I'm also wondering how I can Missing Ethernet controller and PCI simple communications controller manage to download them to my com if it's not online I have System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model H M-S OS Windows Home Premium bit build Processor Missing Ethernet controller and PCI simple communications controller Intel Core i CPU ghz CPUs BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG I'm hoping that's all good I read it all of my DxDiag Thanks In advance for the help

A:Missing Ethernet controller and PCI simple communications controller

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums!

I found all the drivers at the Gigabyte website for Windows 7 64 bit including the ethernet controller. If you have access to another machine you could copy any drivers you need onto a USB flash drive then copy them to your machine.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-H55M-S2 (rev. 1.3)

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/156262-missing-ethernet-controller-pci-simple-communications-controller.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey I have a question obviously I recently redid my computer and Ethernet SM Controller, and Controller, Problems Coprocessor Bus may i say that everything is running wonderfully There is only ONE problem that I cannot seem to eliminate no matter how much time or effort I put into it drivers SM Bus Controller Ethernet Controller and Coprocessor refuse to work properly Every time I install the drivers SM Bus Controller, Ethernet Controller, and Coprocessor Problems I SM Bus Controller, Ethernet Controller, and Coprocessor Problems need for them and restart my computer I get a message from windows saying that it could not start properly it gives me two options well technically load last working settings or start windows normally Start windows normally restarts my computer taking me back to the exact same screen selecting load last working settings lets windows boot but the drivers appear in new hardware found again I have tried at least different sets of drivers for both the onboard graphics card i know i need to order the PCIe card im getting still as well as just the motherboard itself I have installed all the drivers from the CD given w the motherboard and all work except these three I tried multiple ones from the internet to no avail My specs are ASUS M N -D motherboard chipset nVidia a SLI Windows XP Pro -bit AMD Phenom Quadcore processor I think that is all thats important but if you need more just ask me ill be checking this thread every few minutes Please keep in mind that EVERYTHING works fine except that I get the three notifications from new hardware found windows utility If anyone can help me with this I thank you in advance

A:SM Bus Controller, Ethernet Controller, and Coprocessor Problems

Sorry couldn't figure out how to edit to avoid double posting*

I have solved 2 of the 3 issues after spending about 10 hours of my day on them. I have fixed both the Coprocessor as well as the Ethernet Controller issue. Turns out they were just being rolled back with the load last working settings along with the SM Bus Controller which was the only one really having a problem. Still though, after uninstalling reinstalling disabling and so on and so forth, the SM Bus Controller continues to be a thorn in my side. I have disabled it to get rid of the annoying pop up every time the computer restarts (I figured this is ok b/c according to the device manager the device is inactive anyway so why not?).

Thanks again for any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sm-bus-controller-ethernet-controller-and-coprocessor-problems-289080.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Bought New HP 15-be005TU  NoteBook. :=) Installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit).Unable to Connect to the network. No Wifi, No Lan.After few tries understood Network Controller, USB Controller and BCM43142A0 finding "No Drivers"Please Help. Rao DS

A:Network Controller, USB Controller, BCM43142A0 No Driver Fou...

Hi: You need these drivers... Wifi: The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe Bluetooth: This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe Ethernet: This package provides the driver for the Realtek Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74233.exe USB: This package contains the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74851.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Controller-USB-Controller-BCM43142A0-No-Driver-Found/td-p/5775337
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello guys I've been having a lot of issues with my AMD drivers specially when it comes to chipset and video drivers I recently had to downgrade my video drivers to June release date that was the only solution found so I could run games properly with recent drivers games that should run with fps were running with fps But that is not the point of this thread instead I'm here because after a few weeks running this drivers I noticed my WiFi was not connecting to my router wich is working I can get access with other computers cel phones In my drivers list the Ethernet controller and SM Bus controller are flagged as not installed I've tried to find these drivers but AMD seems to only release packages of drivers I've come to this download page Chipset where I should be getting the drivers that solve my problem but the big issue is apparently by doing it i will be reinstalling the latest video drivers for the APU and that is ABSOLUTELY NOT what i want Does anyone know how to solve this problem And I mean where can I get the sm bus and ethernet controller driver w o having to install a bunch of unnecessary drivers My notebook is a MSI X BE video card Radeon HD M chipset AMD A - M with Radeon HD - problems Controller Controller, SM AMD Ethernet Driver Bus G motherboard MSI MS- FK Thanks in advance Edit I've downloaded the drivers in the link installed and SM Bus is running properly but Ethernet doesn't Any further help

A:AMD Driver problems - SM Bus Controller, Ethernet Controller

Hi Mming,
You need MSI drivers, for that motherboard
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...kWxwUIkduQvAzQ

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/402116-amd-driver-problems-sm-bus-controller-ethernet-controller.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hi, PCI simple communication controller & Ethernet controller are not installed on my laptop, HP 15ac650tu, i5 (4th Gen) 64 bit, V5D75PA.. please help me

A:PCI simple communication controller & Ethernet controller

Hi: You need these drivers... PCI simple communication controller: This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware. File name: sp71258.exe Ethernet controller: This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71268.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/PCI-simple-communication-controller-amp-Ethernet-controller/td-p/5646669
Relevancy 37.84%

This is a problem that just recently popped up out of no where. One day upon startup two new pieces of hardware were found on my computer. I get prompted to install the drivers for a Raid Controller and a Multimedia Audio Controller.

Each day I cancel them and my computer runs just the same as it always does. It my Device Manager these two items show up in the "? Other devices" tab alongside a SM Bus Controller (which never prompts me to install so it doesn't really bother me).

Just wondering what these devices are, where they came from, and what I should do to solve the problem.

Thanks.

A:RAID Controller and Multimedia Audio Controller

Did you do a bios flash or reset cmos by chance?

They are probably onboard devices you can disable them in the bios. You need to check your manual; each bios is a little different as to where the items in question are located.

One more question; do you have an add-on sound card and does your systems sound work ok?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-controller-and-multimedia-audio-controller.476559/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello. I need help. My laptop HP G42 230 BR simply stopped to access the internet and I notice in the device manager that the Network Controller & pci simple communication controller drivers are missing. I tried installing some drivers I found online but with no success. I formated and reinstalled windows 7 and still the same. Please, how can I fix this issue? Any help would be really appreciated! Thak you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Controller-amp-pci-simple-communication-controller/td-p/5658004
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trying to get my old Time XP Professional computer to function properly so my son can play games Controller/video Conflict Controller Universal Bus on it and not wreck my new one It will install games but then as soon as you try to play they freeze and messages like Direct Draw Universal Bus Controller/video Controller Conflict Initialization failed unable to initialize graphics engine appear although you are able to read manuals etc Don t know if this has anything to do with the problem but when I look at device manager there is a conflict on Universal Bus Controller also when I turn the computer on it says new hardware is found Video Controller VGA compatable this also shows as a conflict under other devices My other problem is that I can not find any service discs I received Universal Bus Controller/video Controller Conflict when I bought it As you will be able Universal Bus Controller/video Controller Conflict to tell I am not sure at all about operating systems and computer langauge and would appreciate any help in solving this problem Thank you Wag

A:Universal Bus Controller/video Controller Conflict

Go to this site and if your game is listed it will tell you if you got the right stuff to play it.http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126634/universal-bus-controllervideo-controller-conflict/
Relevancy 37.84%

i don't have this sm bus controller and video controller (vga compatible) and i have no idea where to download this.. i can't play games such as warcraft, ragnarok. i think its because of this. can someone help me install SM bus controller and video controller? i don't know what is the version of my driver or the brand and model of the driver. where can i see it? can someone please help? thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pls-help-me-install-sm-bus-controller-and-video-controller-vga-compatible-428444.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I need network controller and 3D video controller driverNetwork controller:PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_2231103C&REV_003D VIDEO CONTROLLER:PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_2337103C&REV_A1

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I need network controller and 3D video controller driver

Hi: You need these drivers... Network controller This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp69033.exe 3D VIDEO CONTROLLER: This package contains the driver that enables the NVIDIA Graphicsin supported notebook models that are running a supported operatingsystem. File name: sp67265.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-network-controller-and-3D-video-controller-driver/td-p/5741617
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey!Just got a fresh install of windows 7 on my DV6-6041tx and was just wondering which drivers would work best for - SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_3581103C&REV_04PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_3581103CPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C0500PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C05  Ethernet ControllerPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_3581103C&REV_06PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_3581103CPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200 Thanks In Advance!!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Dv6-6041tx - SM Bus Controller Driver & Ethernet Controller ...

MC Try. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52503.exe http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55095.exe REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Dv6-6041tx-SM-Bus-Controller-Driver-amp-Ethernet-Controller/td-p/5659264
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
I just installed windows 7 proffessional 32 bits on a Acer Aspire e1-531 and there were many drivers that unsucessfully installed. i found 4 out of 6 missing drivers but i can't find the 2 remaining which are Network Controller and PCI Simple Communcation Controller
If anyone could have it would be appreciated

A:Network Controller and PCI Simple Communication Controller

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller right click select Property's / Details Tab ... There should be some PCI Ven Numbers Please post them ... Install the Driver for the Card Reader from the Link below ..
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356065-network-controller-pci-simple-communication-controller.html
Relevancy 37.84%

After computer crashed, I ran WinXP reinstall CD. Of course, I lost everything that was previously loaded. I'm going again but have no sound. In Device Manager under Other Devices, Ethernet Controller & Multimedia Audio Controller are yellow question marks. I have tried the Resource CD, Dell Support/Downloads, everything I can think of and nothing is working. I am connected to the internet through the USB because the tech says I need a new ethernet card and have to connect right now through the USB. I'm lost at this point. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Ethernet controller & multimedia controller

Hi,
What is the make and model of the PC?
It sounds to me you just need the drivers for the sound and network.
Have you done a full MS Update?
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-ethernet-controller-and-amp-multimedia-controller-253344.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,

I recently loaded windows xp home edition on my dell latitude x300. I noticed when the after the installation my network card and sound card did not work. I checked the device manager and there are question marks next to the “other devices” tab. The following were not installed and can not be found to install: Video controller, Video controller (vga compatible), network controller, and sound controller. First, does anyone have an idea why this happened? Second, where can I find the drivers to fix this? I do have another laptop of the same make and model and I was wondering where I could find the drivers on that to burn and use? Thanks!!!!!!

A:Drivers for Video controller, network controller...

You can download the drivers from the following link:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...&s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P4_X300&os=WW1&osl=EN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-video-controller-network-controller.420503/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have hp mini. I can not access wireless network.  network controller and video controller. Hardware Ids isPCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C&REV_01\4&2F6E2D52&0&00E0PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00thanks.

A:hp mini network controller & video controller

#HPExpertDayPCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-81598-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1488103C&REV_06Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-79549-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=usPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-93287-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... ALSO Try installing HP Support Assistant which will automatically download and install drivers/updates:HPSA Link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-mini-network-controller-amp-video-controller/td-p/5627805
Relevancy 36.12%

After reinstalling Windows 7 on my desktop the USB Controller and Network Controller are both under 'Other Devices.' I cannot connect to my wifi or use the two USB slots on the front of my computer.

A:USB Controller & Network Controller under 'Other devices'

You need to install the network drivers...the USB controller drivers should have installed with Windows.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587747/usb-controller-network-controller-under-other-devices/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi! I wiped the machine. Loaded Windows 7 64bit Enterprise. Loaded SP1 Installed a few drivers... but... when it came to the chipset driver (sp65025) and the USB driver (sp65026), both installs start ok, but then errors out with "Your system does not meet the requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9996)". I then looked up the hardware IDs and found other people with this issue with various systems, so I went to Intel's webste and download their Chipset Utility (Chipset_10.1.1.14_Public). It fails with an unknown error.  I have tried everything I can think of, including making sure every version of .Net was installed from 1.1 to 4.5. That did not help.  HP Support wants 99.99 to get on the system. I can't afford it. The software they say to install will not install. Is there anyone out there that has beaen this? Please help!joe

A:USB Controller and SM Bus Controller will not load on Window...

Hi: The product specs state that your PC has an AMD processor and chipset, so the Intel drivers won't work on that platform. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-Slimline-400-200-Desktop-PC-series/6528314/model/652... You need to install the amd chipset drivers which will install those devices for you. Download and install the first driver listed on the webpage and restart your PC. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=W?indows%207%20-%2064

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-Controller-and-SM-Bus-Controller-will-not-load-on/td-p/5628713
Relevancy 36.12%

OS XP Home. When I go to device manager, there are yellow question marks in group "other devices": multimedia controller, mutimedia video controller. I tried to get the driver for them but states I need the disk. I don't know what it is. Everything seems to be working fine.

A:Mutimedia controller/video controller

well...if there isnt a problem, then there isnt a problem. do you have a seperate audio/video card from your mother board or is all of that stuff onboard. if its onboard then you can google the name and serial on the mobo to find out what type it is and get the drivers

same thing if it is not onboard but do it respectively for each card.
-mphair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mutimedia-controller-video-controller.427458/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I am trying to find the drivers for the SM Bus Controller and USB Controller for the Pavilion P6-2307a. If I go to the drivers download and download any of the updates, it does not install it. I run Windows 7 64-bit and I made sure that I downloaded the correct drivers.  When launching them, Windows 7 comes back asking if the installer ran properly which means that somehow it did not. Then it asks if you want to run it in compatibility mode and if I say yes, nothing happens. Can someone please let me know where I can find the correct drivers to make this work on Windows 7 64-bit. ThanksSaj

Solved!
View Solution.

A:SM Bus Controller and USB Controller drivers for Pavilion P6...

Hi, Please use the following driver for SM Bus Controller:    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=5037949&prodNameId=5037951&swEnvOID=4059&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=vc-88640-1 and the following for USB:    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56138.exe Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SM-Bus-Controller-and-USB-Controller-drivers-for-Pavilion-P6/td-p/2814635
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an MSI 845aru mainboard with a Promise pdc 20276 raid controller built into the board for the raid channels. I don't want to use them as a raid array but simply as two separate IDE controller channels. So can you connect 2 hard drives to the raid ide connectors on the motherboard, but operate in non-raid mode, with one as the boot drive. Reason is I want to do video editing which requires separate drive to capture video from the boot drive, and on seperate channels. Add to that I need a DVD and separate CD rewriter (which are also supposed to work best on a seperate IDE controller, and also not on hard
drive channel as hard drive will then run at the speed of the CD and not ata 100 I'm told). If it is possible to run them as normal ide channels, how do I set it up?

Many thanks for any help

Terry

A:Using raid controller as standard ide controller

As far as i know, no you can't do it .. use the RAID as a standard IDE controller... but , might want to search the newsgroups for a BIOS hack...
If you had a Asus board www.braziliantech.com has BIOS hacks which will make a Promise IDE controller to work as a RAID controller... so you need the "reverse" , from RAID to IDE...
I'm too lazy to check , but there are couple of boards ( if my memory serves me right Soyo is one of them , that will acctually let you use the RAID as a IDE controller giving you a total of 8 IDE devices.... might wanna check it out...

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-raid-controller-as-standard-ide-controller.79248/
Relevancy 36.12%

I recently reinstalled Windows XP on my Dell Dimension 4550. I have all the necessary CDs and put in the Dell Resource CD. It has a few drivers but none of them seem to fix the problem I'm having with "other devices" in "device manager." Under other devices, there are yellow question marks next to "Ethernet Controller" and "SM Bus Controller." I've gone to the Dell Web site to try to download drivers but I'm lost and not sure where to turn. The device status for both says: The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Device.

A:Problems with Ethernet Controller and SM Bus Controller

if you can't find the drivers try here
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-ethernet-controller-and-sm-bus-controller-338425.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Pentium II MMX running Windows 98 that will only successfully boot up correctly if the Primary IDE Controller is disabled and the sound card and SCSI cards are not installed. Any idea how to get the whole thing working?

Relevancy 36.12%

My computer & AHAVDE3U Help Controller please: IDE IDE Controller AKVN6UU8 crashed again After restarting it I used MiniToolBox This is what was listed They are both also listed in Device Manager as problem hardware What are they and do I need them Thanks Help please: AHAVDE3U IDE Controller & AKVN6UU8 IDE Controller for assistance Name AKVN UU IDE Controller Description AKVN UU IDE Controller Class Guid D E B-E - CE-BFC - BE Manufacturer Standard mass storage controllers Service awavsqma Problem Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code Resolution Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present a binary file that is corrupt a file I O problem or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded Uninstall the driver and then click quot Scan for hardware changes quot to reinstall or upgrade the driver Name AHAVDE U IDE Controller Description AHAVDE U IDE Controller Class Guid D E B-E - CE-BFC - BE Manufacturer Standard mass storage controllers Service ahqu v l Problem Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code Resolution Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present a binary file that is corrupt a file I O problem or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded Uninstall the driver and then click quot Scan for hardware changes quot to reinstall or upgrade the driver

A:Help please: AHAVDE3U IDE Controller & AKVN6UU8 IDE Controller

I was able to solve this myself. I researched it via Google.

Once upon a time, Alcohol 120 was installed on this computer. It was removed a few weeks ago. However, apparently, it is known to create its own storage devices. I was not aware of that. I uninstalled the devices. Uninstalling and deleting doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

More info can be found here: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardware-devices/167675-mystery-ide-storage-controller-driver.html. Scroll down to the last post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451176/help-please-ahavde3u-ide-controller-akvn6uu8-ide-controller/
Relevancy 36.12%

Asus P4P800 Ai Series mobo
2.6 Intel CPU
XP Professional

I had this PC for a year, it's kinda like my project from A+ Cert class. Built it from scratch, a week ago had to re-load the OS, for some reason the Ethernet Controller and Multimedia controller could not find the drivers. I ran pci32
to id the hardwares. The ethernet contoller is made by 3Com(3C940 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Codec) audio controller is made by Intel - AC'97 Audio controllersubsystem id is(SoundMax Integrated digital audio) I'd been searching the web for days, I could not find these drivers that I need. I lost the box and the manuals for this mobo. I also enabled these devices in Bios setup -- Can someone please help me with this dilemma.

Thanks

A:Ethernet Controller and MultiMedia Controller

you can't find them on the asus website??http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-controller-and-multimedia-controller.336800/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys,

I have a slight problem with one of the PC's..

I reinstalled Windows and everything seems okay except for Two problems..

There is a yellow question mark next to my Ethernet Controller and SM Bus Controller in Device Manager.

I'm not exactly sure how I find out what Ethernet Controller or SM Bus Controller I use to go and download the drivers.

Here are my computer specs:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6750 Dual Core Processor(2.66GHz,4MB Cache,1333MHz)

PCI-Express Mainboard - Pentium® D/Core™ 2 Duo - Micro ATX
2GB DDR2 667MHz Memory - (2x 1GB)

Sapphire HD 2900 Pro

Xp Pro

A:Missing Ethernet Controller and SM Bus Controller

Assuming you are using the ethernet port on the motherboard (not a separate card) you need to get the manufacturer and model number from the mb itself and go to their site to get the drivers for that and the SM bus controller. You don't mention the brand/model of the mb in your post - Micro ATX is a size specification, not mfr.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-ethernet-controller-and-sm-bus-controller.859312/
Relevancy 35.26%

I had to do a clean install on my eMachine Model T3418. Installed IE8sp3 and all updates. I have tried to connect to our network router, the light is on when I plug into the network port but no connection gets established. Currently using WiFi to connect to internet. My Device Manager is showing yellow question marks for all of the above listed components.
1. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02698SUBSYS_60061509&REV_A1\3&2411E6FF&0&AD
2. PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200114F1&REV_00\48DC268A3&0&3880
3. PCI_VEN_10E&DEV_0264&SUBSYS_60061509&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&51

I know the last is an nVidia driver. I found a software program called Driver Finder that identifies my drivers and will give me the drivers to update and download but not how to do it. Can anyone please help?

A:Missing Pc Bridge Device-PCI Simple Common Controller and missing SM Bus Controller D

Hi

Start with downloading and installing the Chipset drivers from here:
Downloads & Support Documents - Desktop / T Series / T3418

Once done let us know if there are anymore yellow question marks in Device Manager (as well as their VEN and DEV IDs).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-pc-bridge-device-pci-simple-common-controller-and-missing-sm-bus-controller-d-578108.html
Relevancy 34.4%

What is the difference between these two
-Realtek 1x Gigabit LAN Controller
-Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

asus m5a88v-evo

A:Realtek 1xGigabit LAN Controller vs Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

That 1x you posted from the specs is actually 1 x,

Realtek?, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

meaning that there is one controller on the motherboard. Some boards come with dual LAN controllers, hence why they mentioned it only having one. The second will be the name of the onboard LAN controller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/277247-realtek-1xgigabit-lan-controller-vs-realtek-pcie-gbe-family-controller.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Bought Asus Q400a laptop with Intel i7-3632QM processor, tried to see which chipset, but not able to obtain.

It came preloaded with Windows 8 (not pro), decided to delete partitions, reformat and installed Windows 7 Home 64bit Was missing several drivers, but have been able to install all but the SM Bus controller and the USB Controller. Currently have yellow exclamation marks on these in device manager.

I have tested all my devices except webcam other devices usb ports 3.0 and 2.0 , card reader, hdmi port, all work. Seems like computer working fine, but just not sure when this glitch will crop up.

I have search Intel drivers, Asus support and read many threads, just not sure which driver I need for these and where to find these. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what happens if I down load the wrong drivers.

Thanks in advance.

A:Missing SM Bus controller and USB controller

Download driver Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA / Known devices: 11815610

Maybe this will help??

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/292335-missing-sm-bus-controller-usb-controller.html
Relevancy 33.54%

HP ENVY dv7-7255dx Notebook PC
Model #: C6N73UA Serial #: (removed content)
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and now in the Device Manager
Sm Bus Controller is missing
And no Universal Serial Bus Controller missing also.
How can I get them back?
Please contact me at:
(removed content)
THANKS
Joe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Universal-Bus-Controller-and-SM-Bus-Controller/td-p/5608277
Relevancy 32.68%

HELP!
SMPC(save my pc)
HI to all!
I need Multimedia Controller Driver and Multimedia Video Controller Driver
If any of the following should help:
PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_0878&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\3&61AAA01&0&31-Multimedia Controller
PCI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\3&61AAA01&0&30-Multimedia Video Controller
Help as soon as possible,please

A:Multimedia Controller&Multimedia Video Controller ISSUE

Download,install and run this...
Everest.
Use it to find out what the hardware is and find drivers an the
manufacturers website.
Sounds like a TV card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multimedia-controller-multimedia-video-controller-issue.700637/
Relevancy 32.68%

hi, I'm new to the site and i would like to start off by saying hello to everyone. So my friend sold me his computer to me about 5 months ago, and everything was working fine. About 3 weeks ago, i started having trouble watching videos, and playing my video game that i have been playing for awhile now. I looked under device manger and it is listed that my multimedia controller and multimedia video controller are not working and have exclamation point and question marks under other devices. My friend who sold me the computer built it himself, and I'm not very technical so i need some help to figure out what exactly what i need to do in order for the computer to be back to normal. If someone could please help, thank you.

A:Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller not working

Hi, and welcome,

I presume you are using xp

go into control panel and click "add hardware"

if nothing happens, right click on the icon with the yellow exclamation marks and click on "update driver"

If still nothing-reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers off the disc you have-if you have it!!

If not, go to the motherboard website and look for the chipset there

use this prog to give your specs about the mobo

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multimedia-controller-and-multimedia-video-controller-not-working.74527/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I just reinstalled a clean Windows Drivers Audio and "Multimedia required Controller" for Controller" "USB XP copy in my desktop computer which is of Dell Dimension model I had reformatted the entire disk deleted everything and reinstalled a Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller" clean copy of Windows XP Home with service pack into my desktop Most of the drivers were missing after the reinstall I managed to get suitable drivers for my network adapters and now i can successfully login to the internet In my device manager window i Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller" still have two devices which have a big yellow question mark next to them They are quot Multimedia Audio Controller quot and quot Universal Serial Bus USB Controller quot devices I do not know where i can get the suitable drivers for these devices I have all CD s that came bundled with this computer Among them are Dell Dimension Resource CD for Reinstalling Device Drivers and Using Diagnostics Utilities and Online Documentation I need help in finding the right drivers for my two devices Currently i cannot hear any audio from the speakers of my computer I need to install appropriate drivers to make my speakers and microphone function Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller"

Dell.com

Next time, save your drivers before you reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-required-for-multimedia-audio-controller-and-usb-controller.837041/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 32.25%

Windows Start - Settings - Ease of Access - Keyboard Everything here is off If i turn on instead soft&hard opening shortcuts Keyboard keyboard ) of letters ( typing the On-Screen Keyboard no keys are Highlighted indicating they are depressed stuck When I use the hard keyboard and sometimes even the onscreen keyboard its as if either Ctrl Alt Win or something are pressed down as it just types shortcuts EG -H- typed into chrome browser address bar via onscreen keyboard types as normal -H- typed into chrome browser address bar via hard keyboard brings up -Chrome history- But now also on the onscreen keyboard Ctrl is Highlighted I click on the onscreen keyboard to deactivate the now highlighted Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters ( soft&hard keyboard ) Ctrl button and try again Now things are different as now both the onscreen keyboard and the hard keyboard both bring up Chrome history- when -H- is typed Shift Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters ( soft&hard keyboard ) is not depressed This seems to randomly cycle one min onscreen keyboard works fine next the keyboard works fine or they either work or none of the work rendering the computer useless I cant help feel it s a software issue but im no pro and I don t have an additional external keyboard to try but as the onscreen and hard keyboard work ok for a while sometimes I assume something is up and that s what brought me here Hopefully this is clear enough to be understood and to help others who may have the same issue Thank you so much for your time OTHER NOTES In -Device Manger Keyboards- The keyboard driver is dated so tried to update the driver but says I have the best driver software for my device is already installed Noticed there are entries for the HID Keyboard Device both are the same driver version Maybe I should delete uninstall one Both under event tab dated Device migrated Device configured keyboard inf and Device started kbdhid It was prob around this date I first started having probs Pressing Ctrl on hard keyboard highlights Ctrl on onscreen keyboard only whilst being pressed Let go of the hard key the soft key turns off Sometimes the gets stuck and does but saying that I just restarted the machine and pressed the key -d- and it acted like a stuck as in not dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Very odd Ive NOT tried the following System restore seems harsh Rolling back the keyboard driver not sure how on win Deleting the keyboard from System not sure how on win

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/keyboard-opening-shortcuts-instead-of-typing-letters-soft-and-hard-keyboard-1078970.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello, I am running LenovoX260 with Windows 7, I additional installed the lenovo updatecenter. All drivers are updated according to lenovo7 update center. Symptom: Basically, when the machine boots on battery all keyboard strokes are delayed for roughly 5 seconds or an easy touch of touchpad or trackpoint -- whatever comes first. The machine has not a high load at this time and no keystroke is lost. It is just delayed strongly. To make it more complicate, this symptom disappears until next reboot when I lock the screen with win+l and reunlock the screen with my password. It also disappears when I plugin the powerplug, but it also reappears when I unplug it again on the login screen. Once I relogged/unlocked this effect does not reappear. Booting with power plugged in is fine. Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X260-Windows-7-keyboard-battery-mode-keyboard-input-delayed/td-p/3414170
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi everyone,

I accidentally messed up my keyboard settings in Excel 2010--I didn't notice the book sitting on the keyboard while working on something else on my desk--and can't figure out how to restore all of them to defaults in a blanket action. I fixed them one-by-one, but I can't figure out how to fix one last problem: I keep having the keytips pop up when the '/' key (no ALT or CTRL) is pressed. It doesn't matter if the slash is in the QWERTY or the 10-key. The keytips still pop up.

Can someone help me figure out how to return the normal function?

Thanks,
Kurt

A:How do I restore keyboard settings in Excel? Book on keyboard = unknown changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-restore-keyboard-settings-in-excel-book-on-keyboard-unknown-changes.1044405/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,

I'm new here, and english isn't my mother tongue, then, please be indulgent ;-)

I have a problem with my numeric keyboard.
It is not possible to make it work in the same time as the alphabetic keyboard.

When I press numlock to make it work, it also change the alphabetic keyboard in numeric.

Example : numlock on uiojklnm, = 456123n0,

I have a QWERTZ keyboard.

Thanks for your help
cheers
Val

A:Satellite Pro P300 Numeric keyboard at same time as alphabetic keyboard?

What notebook model do you have?
Did you update the BIOS?

If not, try it? most issues can be solved by BIOS update!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?41932-Satellite-Pro-P300-Numeric-keyboard-at-same-time-as-alphabetic-keyboard
Relevancy 31.82%

Got an inspiron 13 7000 series yesterday and the on screen keyboard will not work in tablet mode.  The selection for the screen keyboard goes away when I fold into tablet.  Anyone know how to make screen keyboard work in tablet mode?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981020
Relevancy 31.82%

hi all. i have a compag white internet keyboard, older model, and it works fine in bios and any other time, but when trying to hit F8 to enter the windows startup options it doesnt work. ive tried enabling usb legacy device support in bios but it didnt seem to help. this keyboard doesnt need drivers to work, so i dont think its that. and my old keyboard could do it. any ideas??

A:Usb Keyboard Can Not Enter Safe Mode (keyboard Wont Work)

Use a PS/2 keyboard instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-can-not-enter-safe-mode-keyboard-wont-work.22918/
Relevancy 31.82%

After latest update, I can't login. Only buttons i, delete and enter work in login box.
Same behavior with on-screen keyboard.
Audio readback works for every key, and letters are in correct order, but in login box, only letter i advances login query. So hardware is OK.
Desktop HP Pavilion, Windows 10, USB-keyboard.
What should I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441351-keyboard-problem-only-i-outputs-also-screen-keyboard-login-impossible.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Im having a problem in windows 8 embedded standard

On the Thin Client ( HP ) is a keyboard connected (HP UK-1156)
In device manager there is the HP Elite USB Keyboard but it is not working. (says no driver installed)

On other computers with the same keyboard it does work. Even installs a driver without a problem. (default keyboard driver)
So its not the keyboard..

A: how come its not getting its driver? 
B: anyone know where to get the driver for this keyboard?
C: any other solution to this problem? 

Please no standard answering as reboot the computer or uninstall device in device manager. this has been done.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/deb89ee2-9cd6-4e0e-ad04-207d1cdd597e/usb-keyboard-cannot-be-installed-hp-uk1156-as-hp-elite-usb-keyboard-in-device-manager?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I prefer the Comfort On Screen Keyboard Pro and have installed it. After every sleep or reboot I have to manually disable the standard Touch Keyboard from  Toolbar entry on the Taskbar.

A:XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Hi johnwprice,
Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> ?Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard? and uncheck the ?Use On-Screen Keyboard" option and click Ok.
Then, click on ?Change administrative settings" options and check the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop" and press Apply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19495683
Relevancy 31.82%

As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters.

I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features and turned on/off all of the available options (Mouse Keys, Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys, Filter Keys). I've pressed Shift for 8 seconds, and pressed it 5 times, and still haven't been able to correct it.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Possibly helpful additional information:
I've got a Spanish/Latin American keyboard layout installed in addition to the US English keyboard layout. I toggle back and forth with Left Alt + Shift (which is how I noticed my Shift key stopped working).
I play a game whose controls rely on a lot of Shift key pressing and holding.

A:Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts

When was the last time you used a can of air cleaner on the keyboard? If it isn't from contact wear often keyboards tend to get loaded up with dust and debris!

One example of that is having any snacks onhand around a pc where little bits get passed along from your fingers onto and under the keys themselves. Keyboards are known to get loaded up fast with any foods present!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107137-keyboard-shift-alt-keys-stopped-working-keyboard-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 31.39%

My husbands ASUS touch screen laptop-keyboards are not working I know it has windows Core i intel inside Like I said it is a touchscreen and neither the hardware keyboard or touch screen keyboard will do any thing well it is like the computer understands i am doing something with the keyboard but not typing Ex i will type and the curser line will do nothing but suddenly go like an italicized line The mouse works and the touch screen works keyboard keyboard AND Touch screen hardware not working but I cannot type anything I have wiggled the keys thinking maybe something is stuck but no help also Touch screen keyboard AND hardware keyboard not working I have restored it to its factory settings thinking maybe he accidentally set some keyboard sleep command or something We are both not smart at this and again it is not my computer he has it for work so who knows what he did to it But yeah after restore it still wouldn t work and now I am stuck at the registration quot getting started quot windows and I cannot bypass them or don t know how to without being about to type The last it worked he said he cleaned it with pressurized air so I don t know if that was too much for the keys if he actually blew dirt into it or what strange thing could have happened but the fact that both touch screen and actual keyboard aren t working I am left stumped I hope I gave enough information on the computer It has that surface windows he normally just uses the desk top mode Ok thank you for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-screen-keyboard-and-hardware-keyboard-not-working.1110262/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I've got a bit of a problem and after a Keyboard installer drivers recognise to keyboard unable bit of research I think I've narrowed it down I've just upgraded my Processor from a FX to a FX For some reason booted into windows and the keyboard does not want to work Thought maybe because not powerful enough PSU so I've used another one I've got a w and tried a w and still got the same issue Thing is the keyboard works in post boot and bios but not windows Bit of research and people say it's the drivers So I've had a look at device manager and sure enough theres a yellow warning icon on the Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard keyboard and says it cannot find the drivers so I've found the drivers for the keyboard and gone to install them but I've got another problem - The driver installer wants me to Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard insert the keyboard into the PC which I have but it is still not being recognized and there is no lights on my keyboard or anything the Next button is greyed out and nothing I can do is there a way of getting round this I've got Windows bit Saitek Cybourg V keyboard and been doing this all in Safemode In BIOS Legacy USB Support and Legacy USB Support are both enabled I've opened opened Windows update and it said Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard there was an update for my keyboard so I've downloaded it and it's thrown up and error and cannot install it the error is f Could this still be a powersupply problem or is it simply drivers I never had this issue when I had the FX installed only since the FX has been installed today has this happened

A:Keyboard drivers installer unable to recognise keyboard

Is this a special keyboard? does your motherboard have ps2 connection for a keyboard/mouse? If so, try connecting a ps2 keyboard as a temporary solution until you can iron out the driver issues. Or maybe just a plain vanilla USB keyboard will do the trick. I don't think your PSU has anything to do with it. Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62126-keyboard-drivers-installer-unable-recognise-keyboard.html
Relevancy 31.39%

After plugging in my external keyboard both my external and laptop keyboard no longer function The keyboards cannot type or execute shortcut commands When clicking download links it results in downloading download htm This problem persists after unplugging the keyboard but only seems to begin after the external keyboard has been plugged in After a restart computer use without plugging in the external keyboard results in no issues though I haven't done so for extended periods of time The external keyboard functions normally when plugged into another computer though it was a Mac so I'm not sure if the different operating system could have an effect here I've run a Malwarebytes scan already and it didn't pick up anything I think it's likely a virus but I can generally just use Malwarebytes to solve the vast majority of my problems so I don't know where to go from here At the moment I'm running a Spybot search and destroy scan to see if that picks up anything Malwarebytes could have missed Any help would be appreciated thank you Edit Spybot managed to pick up and delete a virus called win downloader external functions keyboard in after Keyboard no longer plugging gen I also ran TDSSkiller and picked up no root kits The problems still seems to occur

A:Keyboard no longer functions after plugging in external keyboard

Try a System Restore to a time before the problem began. If you have such a Restore point available.

1 - Restore:

restore.png   6.3KB
  0 downloads

2 - System Restore

System Restore.png   17.49KB
  0 downloads

3 - Choose a different Restore point:

choose a different restore point.png   26.24KB
  0 downloads

4 - Show more restore points
- Select a Restore point
- Scan for affected programs

show more restore points.png   18.47KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567844/keyboard-no-longer-functions-after-plugging-in-external-keyboard/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 31.39%

After plugging in my external keyboard both my external and laptop keyboard no longer function The keyboards cannot type or execute shortcut commands When clicking download links it results in downloading download htm pressing F results in opening the browser menu in chrome and clicking website links results in downloading url htm This problem persists after unplugging the keyboard but only seems external plugging longer Keyboard after in functions keyboard no to begin after the external keyboard has been plugged in After a restart computer use without plugging in the external keyboard results in no issues though I haven't done so for extended periods of time The external keyboard functions normally when plugged into another computer though it Keyboard no longer functions after plugging in external keyboard was a Mac so I'm not sure if the different operating system could have an effect here I've run a Malwarebytes scan already and it didn't pick up anything I think it's likely a virus but I can generally just use Malwarebytes to solve the vast majority of my problems so I don't know where to go from here At the moment I'm running a Spybot search and destroy scan to see if that picks up anything Malwarebytes could have missed Any help would be appreciated thank you Edit Spybot managed to pick up and delete a virus called win downloader gen I also ran TDSSkiller and picked up no root kits The problems still seems to occur Edit I have used the computer without plugging in the external keyboard for several hours without issue

A:Keyboard no longer functions after plugging in external keyboard

No replies here yet ....

Download and scan with Adwcleaner. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Copy and paste the log in this thread or read the instructions carefully on how to use ADWCleaner on the linked Webpage.

Which Brand is your external keyboard?
I am thinking there might be a driver conflict and you may be able to fix it by downloading the latest drivers from the keyboard manufacturer's Website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567876/keyboard-no-longer-functions-after-plugging-in-external-keyboard/
Relevancy 31.39%

Please help, my cat sat on my keyboard this morning and turned something on - it was a Flash keys option I think (or Filter Keys?) - couldn't really see around her. I now have noises each time I press a key and am not able to repeat keys easily - only one stroke per key is allowed at a time

I have no idea what keys she hit, but she was near the bottom left side of my keyboard. Can anybody help PLEASE?
Thanks in advance.
DiverJen

A:Keyboard making sounds, won't repeat keystrokes - cat sat on keyboard!

Quote: Originally Posted by Diverjenno

Please help, my cat sat on my keyboard this morning and turned something on - it was a Flash keys option I think (or Filter Keys?) - couldn't really see around her. I now have noises each time I press a key and am not able to repeat keys easily - only one stroke per key is allowed at a time

I have no idea what keys she hit, but she was near the bottom left side of my keyboard. Can anybody help PLEASE?
Thanks in advance.
DiverJen

Are the sounds like a hissing or scratching or more like a purrring........Sorry, I couldn't resist. -- Have you tried connecting a different keyboard? This way you would know if the keyboard is broken or if the cat set off a combination of keys that codes something into the PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254767-keyboard-making-sounds-wont-repeat-keystrokes-cat-sat-keyboard.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi All,

My laptop had a blue screen and keyboard stops working as well, I plugged the external keyboard and re-install the windows, now half of the keys are working and half dosent.

I am wondering has the kyboard damaged, I am also not sure if the I replace the keyboard will it work?

is there any settings in bios or any utility can fix the problem, could some one please advise?

Thanks
Nysoh

A:Keyboard stops working - USB external keyboard is fine

Hello Nysoh

On this virtual way nobody can say for sure what the problem is but if the internal keyboard is not working properly first step is keyboard replacement. If the problem still persists then troublemaker can be keyboard port or keyboard controller.

As far as I know BIOS has nothing to do with this issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62419-Keyboard-stops-working-USB-external-keyboard-is-fine
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi guys, Something really strange started happening two days ago. Out of the blue the following keys stopped working: GHBackspaceWindows [email protected]' The laptop is a couple of years old and a bit dusty, so I took it to the local shop to get the keyboard replaced and cleaned. Seemed to be working fine when I left the shop. Then, a little while ago the space key and P stopped. Five minutes later they started working again but ctrl stopped and N is temperamental. I haven't spilt anything on it or knocked it. Any ideas what's going on?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-Random-Keys-Not-Working-Despite-Change-of-Keyboard/td-p/5830899
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite Click Pro and at the top two of the keys increase decrease the screen brightness much like two of the shortcut up (Toshiba keyboard locks Satellite) Keyboard keys at the top of a Mac do the same Well I discovered that if I press the key to decrease the screen brightness too quickly and bring it down all the way to the lowest brightness and keep clicking it turns off the keyboard As in none of the keyboard keys will work anymore The only Keyboard shortcut locks up keyboard (Toshiba Satellite) way I know of to fix it is to restart the keyboard I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the fact that it does this and find a way to turn the Keyboard shortcut locks up keyboard (Toshiba Satellite) keyboard back on without restarting the computer since it is quite frankly annoying when I have three word documents and about browser tabs open I can't figure out how to disable stop this one key by using the keyboard settings toggling the hotkeys etc Honestly I'm not even sure if this is a Windows issue or Toshiba issue Has anyone else had this problem

A:Keyboard shortcut locks up keyboard (Toshiba Satellite)

If under warranty, return this to the store ASAP for replacement/repair. There's not much we can recommend you do, hardware-wise, that you can do and not void the warranty.

I suspect the keyboard may be sticking,,, you can try another USB KB for troubleshooting though. Plug in the USB KB and see if that behavior is duplicated using that KB.
Let us know

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546108/keyboard-shortcut-locks-up-keyboard-toshiba-satellite/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Dell 2400 Series desktop computer.  The number block on the right side of keyboard does not work.  I thought it might be the keyboard, so I ordered a new keyboard from Dell.  New keyboard arrived;, installed --- no success.  Same problem. Why doesn't the number block work.  However, the top row of numbers does work. 

A:Keyboard. Number block on right side of keyboard does not work. ..

Make sure you have num lock on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501286/keyboard-number-block-on-right-side-of-keyboard-does-not-work/
Relevancy 31.39%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 31.39%

someone please help me.. i dont know what happens to my wireless keyboard(im using usb mouse). i cant typing. just play/pause, next, previous vol up, vol down and mute.. 

A:Inspiron One 2320 - USB Will Not Recognize Keyboard(wireless and usb keyboard)

* Turn the mouse and keyboard off* Replace the batteries in both the mouse and keyboard* Turn the mouse on, then the keyboard* Disconnect and reconnect the KM632 USB Receiver into a USB port on the computer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992497
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi 
I have recently purchased Inspiron 14" 5459 in India. This comes with a non-backlit keyboard.
Is there a way to get it upgraded to Backlit Keyboard? If yes, can this be done via Dell Support or I'll have to procure the OEM part on my own and replace?

Cheers,
Rahul

A:Inspiron 5459 Keyboard upgrade to Backlit Keyboard

Hey,
Have the same laptop and the same question in mind. Let me know if u find a solution to it.
Thanks mate!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678522
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
I'm having problems with my All-in-One Keyboard on Windows 8.1(64 bit): it doesn't accept input both from keyboard and touchpad at same time (can't walk in a FPS game while looking with mouse, for example).
Is this a product's limitation or should it work?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/083f7b45-ee31-4884-822b-46f92b822c20/microsoft-all-in-one-media-keyboard-keyboard-and-touchpad-both-at-once-not-working?forum=w8itprogeneral