Windows Support Forum

One of my disks aren't appearing on my laptop anymore!

Q: One of my disks aren't appearing on my laptop anymore!

Hi there,

So basically my laptop came with 1TB of HDD and right now I am only able to use like 500GB of it, the other 500GB seems to have gone missing and I can't seem to get it back.. I looked online and it told me to go on to disk management etc to try assign it but it doesn't seem to let me.. here are some screenshots..

https://gyazo.com/97d3ea537540939d7ee36ad5384b5124

So as you may have noticed, the one I want to recover is that 383.83GB one but everything is greyed out so I can't format or anything! can someone please help me!

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: One of my disks aren't appearing on my laptop anymore!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: One of my disks aren't appearing on my laptop anymore!

Fixed it.. just delete and relocate the partition..

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43189-one-my-disks-arent-appearing-my-laptop-anymore.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I had just restarted my lumina phone and when I wanted to unlock my phone, literally like the pin numbers didn't even appear! Like all the numbers. I can't even unlock my phone and it's already been a day. And my phone keeps restarting by its own.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439709-why-arent-my-pin-numbers-appearing.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 65.36%

And when this doesn t work am I doing something wrong I really had to guess about which topic to ask this in but since I m using WORD I thought someone here might know What I mean is I have one computer that is online and has the printer on it I have another one someone gave me that I never could get to detect the modem so it doesn t go online I set it up in my bedroom with the idea of using it for writing Easier to focus more peaceful there I thought I was all set and if I wanted to use my main computer or to print send email etc interchangeable? Aren't disks floppy I would save the text on a floppy and bring it there Same with the main computer if I was doing something and it got hectic here I could save it and bring it into the bedroom one This sometimes works It also works with Aren't floppy disks interchangeable? my daughter Aren't floppy disks interchangeable? s computer upstairs she saves on a floppy and brings it to the main computer to print out But sometimes the one I have in the bedroom Packard Bell from around and my main one Hewlett Packard from - - seems like they are the same company now won t open the files on the floppy disk I learned this after writing a long letter I wanted to email and it wouldn t open on my computer that s online It s also happened the other way with Aren't floppy disks interchangeable? saving from the main computer not openning on the bedroom one A box comes up saying it can t open the file it s write protected or I don t have permission to open it etc Sometimes it says quot the disk in drive A is not formatted do you want to format it now quot Not sure if it s the same each time and I didn t write it down at the time But it seems like there s sometimes a problem using the same floppy in two different pcs I ve tried openning the file on the one it will open on and taking out checkmarks and resaving it But it still does the same thing This doesn t happen every time but only with the same file on the disk Like if I have files saved on a disk one might not open on the other computer but the other one does Since this happened a few times and learned it might I haven t been trying to move back and forth on floppies At least anything I m going to put a lot of time into and then not be able to use on the other computer I have one external CD burner I could move back and forth but right now don t have reusable CDs I would have to move the burner from one to the other to save on a CD instead of a floppy Is there something I can do to make sure the files on a floppy are interchangeable each time I use and reuse old floppy disks maybe this is involved in it I ve tried using a cleaner in the drives Thanks Carrie nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Since when are HP recovery disks not covered by the warranty? I got recovery disks for my desktop a couple years ago free of charge since I was still under warranty.

A:HP recovery disks aren't covered by the warranty?

Many companies do not send out recovery or installation disks anymore with Windows. The same goes with Windows 8, as your Windows Key is stored on the Motherboard itself, and you no longer need a key to re-install windows. You can, however, download an ISO of Windows 8, 7, XP, etc. They are not provided by Microsoft, but third party websites. I have used them myself and never have to worry about having a disk as I can download an ISO anytime I want.

I posted a few sites below that are guides on how to do this, as well as providing instructions to create your own installation disk. You can also create an install on a flash disk, but you need to go in the bios and make your computer boot from USB, which is relatively easy. If you choose to do a disk, you need a free ISO burner to burn the ISO image to a disk. A google search will find you many of them, and you will need to use a DVD R or RW.

Links:
How to Download Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 Installation Media

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58936-hp-recovery-disks-arent-covered-warranty.html
Relevancy 64.5%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've got something strange going on Within the last - days things have stopped working on my computer Notepad calculator task manager - just about anything with manager in it isn't working - update manager lots of things working aren't Things anymore on the control panel - too many to list I did get a couple of strange messages a week or so ago One was something about d screen saver no longer working - or something like that I googled it and couldn't find anything Things aren't working anymore Then I got another one that was csc exe not working but again couldn't find anything I'm running windows professional bit operating system I have run AVG malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency kit - no viruses found Let me know what other information Things aren't working anymore you need to help fix this problem Thanks Edited to add I was looking around and downloaded the tweaking com windows repair and did the proper power reset When I turned the computer back on I got these messages csc Things aren't working anymore exe application error The application was unable to start correctly xc Click ok to close the application lgfxTray module has stopped working persistence module has stopped working hkcmd module has stopped working Tried to run the windows repair and it won't start I got a cmd exe application error message - same as the csc exe one I'm guessing I've got a virus or malware or something Just thought this extra information might be helpful

A:Things aren't working anymore

If this happened to me, I'd restore from my last good full system backup.  If you don't have one, I'd consider this a learning experience.  Then save any data you don't want to lose, and try System Restore.  If that doesn't help,
restore your system to factory settings, and reload your software.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603108/things-arent-working-anymore/
Relevancy 63.64%

Well to get go it? anymore, to can i Websites that aren't Why how i frequently and working fix to the point www nfl com and www google com isn't working for me anymore These are very known websites so i know the website isnt the problem it's me This has happened before and that was to yahoo com but after like a month yahoo com started working for me again i have checked for viruses and can't find any If you want a report i will gladly make you one to show Websites that i frequently go to aren't working anymore, Why and how can i fix it? you Also to help you figure out whats my problem i Downloaded TweakNow Regcleaner STD and Tuneup XP to increase my computers speed performance before the problems started but I don't know if those programs caused the problem To clarify when i type quot www nfl com quot after like minutes trying to load the page it will say AOL had could not find it or it will just say at the page im on ANyone got any ideas to help fix this im not going to buy programs to fix this problem so dont tell me i have to buy something

A:Websites that i frequently go to aren't working anymore, Why and how can i fix it?

what happens when you unplug your computer, and plug someone else's into the modem, router and try to goto those sites. and what happen when you take your computer else where and try to then goto those site from a different network?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/websites-that-i-frequently-go-to-arent-working-anymore-why-and-how-can-i-fix-it-113140.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I purchased a Inspiron nbsp from the Keyboards warranty anymore?!? by aren't covered Dell's Dell Outlet in February and somehow keys have come off my keyboard at different times since then I do not abuse my laptop in any way and nobody else uses Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? it but me The keys that have come off got hard to press and I would try to see if I could press them down so Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? they d go back to normal but that didn t end up happening nbsp I sent an email to Technical Support through Dell s website and received a response telling me the nbsp issue was due to the regular wear and tear of the system I was then told that Dell nbsp has a specialized Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? nbsp authorized nbsp department nbsp that takes care of the cases which involve nbsp physical accidental damage Cosmetic nbsp wear and tear nbsp or where the parts need to be replaced when there is no nbsp Complete Care Cover nbsp active on the system I was then directed to the quot Out of Warranty quot department As I said before I haven t abused or damaged my laptop and a keyboard should last longer then a few months I was always under the impression that a keyboard was an nbsp integral part of a laptop or desktop s operation I ve never had issues in the past getting a keyboard replacement when any Dell laptop I ve had was still under warranty

A:Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

Hi MSGEMS,
Have you done the retail registration? - http://dell.to/1Q0MoOu
Once done, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. And also, attach a copy of the invoice for us to review. Based on that, we shall advise further course of action.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989596
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently upgraded from XP to Windows 7

When i had XP i could press "Fn + F3" to lower my sound volume, "Fn + F4" to raise my sound volume and "Fn + F10" to completely mute my computer.
So, all the sound related buttons.

When i formatted my computer and got Windows 7 on it. These buttons dont work anymore.
I can still press "Fn + F6" to lower the screen light, and "Fn + F7" to raise it.

Can anyone help me?
Im guessing its related to a driver or something..

A:[SOLVED] Fn + F# sound related buttons aren't working anymore

I have exactly the same problem.. I use Packard-Bell MX65 and can't use almost all the the hot keys when i set up Windows 7 Ultimate x64..

And I can use brightness down and up with fn+f6 and fn+f7 like you.. But no blue screen appears while i'm doing that like I was doing it in Xp.. Fn+F11 also works that turns off the screen.

I thought it's related to the driver ATK0100 ACPI Utility and set up a lot of that driver.. But still it doesn't work.. I hope someone can help us Kasp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-fn-f-sound-related-buttons-arent-working-anymore-431164.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have recently installed a secondary hard disk into my HP Pavilion DV laptop running Windows Vista Everything works correctly with that drive and the primary C drive This isn t the problem but might be related Continued I have noticed that when I insert a removable media flash disk into the Local Random Appearing! Disks computer a quot Local Disk quot appears in addition to the quot Removable Disk quot which contains the flash drive contents I have confirmed that the flash drive does not have a secondary partition by using it in another computer -- It only displays the one drive on any computer I ve used it on The Local Disk entry contains the next letter assigned by Windows The disk is bytes and does not appear in Device Manager or in Computer Management Disk Management It cannot be opened or removed I am afraid to quot format quot the drive since doing so may cause damage to other disks if the problem is linked to them When removing the removable media another Local Disk entry appears taking the next logical letter after the previous Local Disk There are now two Local Disk s appearing This pattern occurs every time a removable disk is added to the computer Eventually Random Local Disks Appearing! the computer becomes overwhelmed once the Local Disks hit the letter Z and new removable media will not be auto Random Local Disks Appearing! assigned a drive letter The cache of drive letters can be cleared by deleting Volume CLSID entries in the registry from HKLM SYSTEM MountedDevices and restarting the computer I am looking to stop removable media from causing this flood of Local Disks from appearing in My Computer Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-local-disks-appearing.937709/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am using Windows 2000 Advanced Server as a workstation (don't ask). For some reason, all of a sudden whenever I right click on a local drive in My Computer and click Properties, nothing happens. Drives on my Novell 5 server will display Properties and all the other options on the right click menu work (I have not tried Format for obvious reasons). I see nothing in the Computer Management screen that gives any indication why this is happening.
I also noticed that Adobe Photoshop 6 suddenly will not save to the network, I have to save to a local drive and then copy to the network. Very wierd. Anyone have any ideas how to start searching for a reason for this nonsence?? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-for-local-disks-not-appearing.50937/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have window xp laptop, with wireless built in, I turned it on the yesterday, and there is no network connections, if I go to the network folder, nothing appears. I went to device manager and my broadband along with other devices for the wireless, all had errors, I did a system restore, it worked, then I run norton antivirus, along with adwere and ms anti spy ware, reboot and now it's not working again, and niether is system restore, So I uninstall the drivers, reboot, still not working , so I we reinstall all the HP drivers using the cd that came with the laptop, still no luck . I can post a hijack this file if need. Can anyone help me?
Thanks so much

A:Network connection not appearing anymore

Under warranty? Send it back. It's a bigger headache than I would tangle with, and I've had to deal with people snapping their power jacks off the mainboard and SUPERGLUING them back on with no regard for electrical connectivity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-not-appearing-anymore.338933/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi -- I bought an Asus G -VT with Vista pre-installed There was Don't They Give Disks Install Anymore???? some sort of glitch while I was overnighting the download of a long file Anyway I wound They Don't Give Install Disks Anymore???? up at what I They Don't Give Install Disks Anymore???? can only say was the blue screen of death except now it's white It told me that Windows could not restart and I should insert my installation disk to repair a busted file which it also named Looked and I had no installation disk indeed I did not have any Windows disks at all included with the machine I called Asus Tech Support They told me that Microsoft no longer lets OEMs ship the windows disks Although there were two disks called quot recovery disks quot the TS person said my only option was to hold down f to rebootr and WIPE THE DISK AND REINSTALL WINDOWS So I lost all my data and have spent all morning recovering Was Asus right You do not get install disks anymore even though They Don't Give Install Disks Anymore???? a system message tells you to insert it I only have a few days in which I could return this computer Do other manufacturers like Sony or Hewlett Packard supply Windows Vista installtion disks with their machines Or is Asus right If it is just Asus that does not do this I feel I need to return this right away Can someone please help me THanks

A:They Don't Give Install Disks Anymore????

Hello.

Yes Asus is right, it is essentually a disk with a windows image on it. I too have the G50-VT A1 and found that I didn't even need the second recovery disk to restore windows. You do however need the first recovery disk and the driver disk to do a full restore to an OEM state. There is also a recovery partition on the second HDD

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224203-they-dont-give-install-disks-anymore.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm stumped. Burned a copy of a DVD with my LG GSA-4081B DVD Burner. Been using since last December. Now, it won't do a thing. Shows up in Hardware Device Manager, shows up at windows start-up, shows up when using Easy DVD-CD Creator 6, Nero6, DeepBurner, etc..., but when I try to burn files onto CDR or DVD-R, blank discs don't show, comes up with "Insert Blank Disc".
I've unplugged, restarted machine, replugged it in, WIn XP sp1 recognizes it again, but same thing. I've burned many disks before with it, and have also rebuild many machines so jumpers and cables are all proper. The thing just won't recognize any disks in it, blank or rewritten. (WIndows Explorer can't read any of the disks, but sees the drive)

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi i been playing games all the time and one day my disk detector just stopped detecting i know its whit the driver the problem cause no disk get detected so can u plz help me???

Windows 98 SE
creative disk detector

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-detector-dont-detect-disks-anymore.380723/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi guys something really odd happened yesterday Burner working overall ok - had a dirty lens the other day - cleaned and was working well Yesterday I tried windows' burn HP DVD doesnt disks / burner DVD anymore write read Verbatim UJ8B1 Ram function which I never tried and there's an option where you can use the disk like a hard disk or sort of I tried that DVD burner HP DVD Ram UJ8B1 doesnt read / write anymore Verbatim disks had a Verbatim DVD-RW inside it burned whatever he had to do Then he was supposed to close the session it took ages and I got a bit annoyed so I opened the tray it seemed to have finished what DVD burner HP DVD Ram UJ8B1 doesnt read / write anymore Verbatim disks he was doing and ended there After that I tried some other DVD as I had to do something and now it turns out is not reading or writing anymore Verbatim Disks as if he was offended I didn't let him finish how odd is that if I put a blank disk in it starts reading it and after a while it says no disk if I put an old DVD but still OK it says the same But on another brand TDK Tesco or some original Nikon dvd I have it read those perfectly I have Nero here model is HP DVD Ram UJ B - or is he like a girl and in few hours will be working again thanks Gab

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383580-dvd-burner-hp-dvd-ram-uj8b1-doesnt-read-write-anymore-verbatim-disks.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I use Yahoo search engine and everytime I try to search for anything lately in the search results in addition to the words I entered quot quot and quot YST quot are highlighted as if they were entered in the search perameters when they weren t thus limiting and completely screwing up what I am looking for Can anyone help Thanks in advance Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis when and aren't Yahoo search "200" "YST" results typed in they in appearing being v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb "200" and "YST" appearing in Yahoo search results when they aren't being typed in exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System WFXSVC EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System wfxsnt exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Pop Up Stopper and Ad Killer pusak exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Shavonne Application Data oaci exe C WINDOWS System fedvax exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - CF B EE- - D -A E- BB E - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro CCHelper dll O - BHO no name - FFA -CB - E - - A - C WINDOWS System upjmfzmf dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Pop-Up Stopper amp Companion - F B A - D - B F-AF - B F - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Companion popupus dll O - Toolbar Pa amp nicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro - B E E - E - D - FD - B CCBD - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro popuppro dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt exe O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run sureshotpopupkiller quot C Program Files Pop Up Stopper and Ad Killer pusak exe quot -minimized O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Progra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/200-and-yst-appearing-in-yahoo-search-results-when-they-arent-being-typed-in.264187/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an HP G Notebook PC Recently some of my USB devices haven't been connecting because the USB aren't Divers my laptop? on Why my not Device working drivers fail to download It says they can't be Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? found I've tried to uninstall the driver in the Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? Device Manager and plug it back in again to install it and it does the same thing Next to the drivers in the Device manager it has yellow caution signs saying something is wrong It does this for my iPod Classic Generation GB and my WD My Passport GB External Hard Drive It also is saying my CD driver has an error and that won't work when I put a CD in it Yet my mouse printer and Gigaware GB pen drive work fine and there's nothing wrong with their drivers I used them before this started happening so i figured anything I used before now will continue to work but anything new won't because the driver won't download The devices work I've tried them on another computer Updating the drivers doesn't work either I get the same error I've also tried finding the drivers myself but I haven't had any luck Any advice would be great thank you

A:Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop?

Hi Mista Monroe,

Welcome onboard.

The infcache.1 in C:Windows/System32/DriverStore might have been corrupted. Deleteing it and allowing Windows rebuild it may resolve the issue.

Do the following:
Disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. (Desktop only) (Remove all USB devices in a Laptop)
Locate the INFCACHE.1 file in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore , right click on it, and then click Properties.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box under the Group or user names section, click Add.
In the Select Users or Groups dialog box in the Enter the object names to select text box, type Administrators, (plural) not just Administrator. Click OK.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box in the Permissions for Administrators section, select to allow Full Control, and then click OK.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click OK.
In the Windows Explorer window, delete INFCACHE.1 (Instead of deleteing you can rename it as INFCACHE.1bak and keep it as a backup, just in case you need to go back.)
Connect a USB device other than the one or all that Windows had trouble detecting. (That means that it has to be one that had not been connected to it earlier anytime.) This forces Windows to rebuild the INFCACHE.1 file.
This detection issue can happen several times in a row. If so, repeat steps 1-10 until the device is detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277816-why-arent-my-usb-device-divers-not-working-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

?

I hook up any thing to the USB and nothing works. The speakers also dont work.

A:Reinstalled XP on laptop and now the certain drivers aren't recogized.

Do I have to install all these drivers?

http://www.notebook-driver.com/dell/dell-vostro-1000-notebook-windows-xp-drivers-and-utility/

Dell laptop Vostro 1000

Edit: the sound came back BUT the USB drivers dont pick up my USB kingston flashdriver??????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalled-xp-on-laptop-and-now-the-certain-drivers-arent-recogized.946385/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have an out of warranty HP Envy15 Running Win 8.1 and when I try to use modifier keys eg Windows Key + X, and Windows Key + PrintScreen, nothing happens. I have removed and reinstalled keyboard drivers with no luck.
Any thoughts on what the problem is and how I could fix it? Would like to have full use of these ideally.
Thanbks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/362281-why-arent-my-win8-laptop-modifier-keys-working.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a new Toshiba Satellite A655 laptop about 6 months ago. I've had a problem with some youtube type videos. Only certain videos have this problem, others play fine. The problem is that they look like this:

My video card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)

Any advice?

Thanks.

A:Stock Toshiba laptop....some videos aren't playing right.

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stock-toshiba-laptop-some-videos-arent-playing-right.972691/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have had this problem for start everytime aren't i Drivers laptop my working months now and it all started when i formatted my laptop and it got worse when i updated it to windows from After a lot of bugs i downgraded to again and now i Drivers aren't working everytime i start my laptop am experiencing problems daily Everytime i start my computer there's almost always something wrong with my drivers either my keybord is not working my mouse is not working or Drivers aren't working everytime i start my laptop my charger which is the worst is not working I always fix it temporarily by updating the drivers for keybord and mouse device manager and then restart or by uninstalling the AC adapter driver for my charger and then restart When i shut down my computer and turn it on again the problems start over and it really frustrates me Since the problems all started when Drivers aren't working everytime i start my laptop i formatted my computer i am wondering if my computer lacks certain updates for my drivers I hope that someone can help me My laptop is a MSI GP PF Leopard Pro from august Intel Core i GB RAM GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB Harddisk

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/drivers-arent-working-everytime-i-start-my-laptop-4600412/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all i keys aren't Laptop Vaio Function working. got one more problem with my Vaio After i reinstalled Windows XP Pro don t have original sony Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working. recovery cd the function keys stopped working I mean ones to change brightness of the screen volume switch to external monitor The ones that can be accessed by pressing quot Fn quot key I m not talking about those dedicated keys that aren t on the keyboard I did downloaded ALL drivers that were on sony drivers page but function keys are still inoperable I looked in BIOS and there was option to switch between different modes of Fn It said that if Function keys aren t working i might Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working. want to switch between those and see whichever will work I tried switching restarted pc every time but Fn keys still aren t working It s Sony Vaio VGN-FS Pentium M Centrino mb ram http esupport sony com perl swu-list pl teType OriginalI quot m thinking about getting Sony Recover CD and reinstalling windows perhaps it has some hidden drivers for quot Fn quot Any other ideas Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working.

Hi,
Go to BIOS and check with factory defaults. and reboot the laptop
then check with the function keys, and check wiht F8 key also, if it works then problem lies with the OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31365/vaio-laptop-function-keys-arent-working/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Pressario CQ40-104AX ? Bigbasz’s Personal Blog

Ignore the language, I just want to show you the specs (scroll down a little bit to find it).

FYI I upgraded this laptop's RAM to 3 GB.

I use Driver Genius regularly to keep the drivers updated. And of course Ccleaner to keep the system clean.

I'm pretty sure this OS is free of virus/malware.

Not sure if you know DotA (defense of the ancient), but this laptop can barely play DotA. I use 1024x768 screen resolution. When the battle starts, it lags. Thanks to the lag, I often lose the battles. -.-

And no, I am not interested to play other games. Just DotA on this laptop.

Kindly give me suggestions to improve the performance? Maybe downgrade to XP?

A:This laptop specs aren't good enough for Windows 7 Ultimate?

If you upgraded RAM to 3GB I'm not sure downgrading to XP would give you much more than let's say 5-10% speed up, if that much, probably not. The problem is with laptop you can't upgrade much beyond memory and you already did that. I'm not familiar with the game, but is it graphic intensive, CPU intensive or both? Lower resolution to 640x400, see if it helps any, check system resources during game, does it run out of RAM and trashing the hard drive, is CPU pegged at 100% and can't do no more, is the graphics too intensive and need to lower the settings? At the end there is not much you can do. You could try to see if overclocking is possible for CPU and GPU, could probably get 5-10% if it's doable, maybe upgrade CPU all together (I think they go up to 2.4GHz). At the end new faster laptop may be less expensive in the long run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/210726-laptop-specs-arent-good-enough-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I just formatted my hard drive and did a clean re-install of Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron laptop It came with Vista pre-installed when I purchased it and I used the disc that came with the laptop to do the re-install I haven t installed any programs or downloaded anything but I have been trying to install all of the updates that the computer needs I have been using the quot Windows Update quot feature from the start menu as everything I have read online says this the best to way acquire the necessary Vista updates However hardly any of my update attempts have gone smoothly I ve done like maybe or separate cycles of allowing the Windows Update program to download and install the updates it found for me and then restart my computer As it is restarting it says quot configuring updates quot and then it shuts down and tries to my Updates on and Solved: aren't laptop, working Freshly Vista Reinstalled reboot But almost every single time an error occurs during the restart and it says something like quot Windows failed to start quot Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working It then goes through a repair process and eventually windows will start this happened exactly same way every time except for once I think During the first few update cycles I went through most of or all of the updates would somehow be successfully installed after the failed restart Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working and then repair process occurred I checked this with the quot update history quot on the Windows Update program However the past times or so either the large majority of or all of the updates would have a failed status after going through the exact same failure to restart and then repair process My warranty is expired so Dell won t help me unless I pay and Microsoft said they could only help me if I forked over So now I am hoping there are some kind knowledgeable folks in these online forums I am rather computer literate and I have tried to search online for a solution but haven t found anything yet My system is a Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working Dell Inspiron with -bit Windows Vista operating system I m not sure what other details are relevant for this question but ask me and I ll find out Thanks so much for any help It is much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freshly-reinstalled-vista-on-my-laptop-and-updates-arent-working.780656/
Relevancy 49.02%

The problem concerns my laptop: When filling a shape by a color in a word or excel sheet, or changing the color of the margin of the shape, the color isn't depicted on the screen. When transfering a copy of the same file to another computer and opening the file, filling color and the color of the margin both are shown.
This effect of my laptop not rendering the color first appeared a few weeks ago

Another difference I got aware of, is that when selecting a text the color indicating the selection is not blue, as it was a few weeks ago but black. I don't know whether both of these effects are interlinked.

Thanks very much for your help and advice.

A:fill color of shapes in office documents aren't shown on my laptop

To deal with your second query, the defaul color of text in MS Word is balck. To change the defaukt color and or font size ets follow this:
Change or set the default font - Word - Office.com

If your laptop is not reflecting the correct colors then first check that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/308219-fill-color-shapes-office-documents-arent-shown-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hi i m having a problem with my toshiba laptop keyboard about a week ago i noticed i was no longer able to use the control key to copy and paste but i rarely use that key for anything else so i didn t think much of it except that i must ve accidently changed some command now my shift key isn t working--as you can tell from the lack of capitalization in this i think this is a different problem than what was addressed in earlier keys cntrl aren't help satellite workin shift, keyboard with laptop problems; toshiba posts about shift key problems in toshiba laptops in my case the shift key worked only sporadically currently it s not working at all first the right one stopped working now the left one isn t working either there doesn t seem to be any pattern to when they do don t work so it seems unlikely that these keys suddenly got stuck or something i m checking for viruses now does anyone have any other ideas now it s working that s so strange and annoying Thanks help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin Laurel nbsp

A:help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin

Laptop keyboards don't last forever. It may be time for a replacement

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-keyboard-problems-shift-cntrl-keys-arent-workin.81634/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a TOSHIBA Satellite L305-S5933. It has a 250gb of hard space. About 225gb after formatting. Its about two years old.

I had only 4.37gb of free space so I decided to free up some space. I deleted more than 50gb of movies from the drive and it still shows the same 4.37gb of free space. How can I fix this?

A:Solved: Large deletions aren't showing up as free hard drive space on Toshiba Laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-large-deletions-arent-showing-up-as-free-hard-drive-space-on-toshiba-laptop.1021260/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,
So the problem is Ive got an Acer Aspire 1670 laptop with no installation disks for it or for windows xp etc.. I need to reformat it.

Can I use a windows xp disk from an old desktop pc for the installation and use the licence key on the laptop?

On the bottom of laptop I have a licence key for windows xp home edition(on the laptop its xp pro??). I think its OEM if it makes any difference.

Also the pc disk is OEM.

I dont really know how i can get around this?

Thanks people!

A:No windows disks for laptop

Most Acer laptops have a Restore Partition to set the computer back to Factory Defaults.

Quote:

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will format (earse) all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit
Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-windows-disks-for-laptop-653033.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was playing Mass Effect earlier. Got off because of school, so i put it to sleep. When i returned home, I tried getting on steam. The path wasn't found, so I didn't think anything of it. Rebooted. Still no path, so i go to my slave HDD, and surprise! It wasn't there for some reason. I've looked for it in disk management; no where to be found. Ran seatools, no luck. I had around 300 GiGs on there.. please, someone tell me my HDD is just being a lazy ****.

I also turned off the laptop, took out the battery, and both master and slave drives for an hour. NOTHING.

EDIT: when i check disk management, it seems there is a drive of some sort on there, but it has no name.. It's blank. Nothing but *Status* has any information: "Healthy (OEM partition)." When i try to right click, the menu only has a "Help" tab.

A:500gb HDD SeaGate not appearing on laptop

Have you tried plugging the Seagate in to a different USB port? Used a different USB cable?

There might be damaged or corrupt system files preventing the Seagate from being recognized. Try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please post a maximized screenshot of your Disk Managment window.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276158-500gb-hdd-seagate-not-appearing-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am a new Yoga 500 user. I have purchased a Thinkpad pro port replicator and have attached two external monitors which work fine. The issue is that sometimes when I open a new application that hasnt been opened before e.g. Word or Excel, the application opens on the laptop screen and not the external monitors. This means I have to keep opening the laptop to drag the new window onto the external screen - a right pain Can anyone shed some light on how to overcome this issue - all ideas welcome before i go mad :-) CheersPaul

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-do-I-stop-new-applications-appearing-on-laptop-when-using/td-p/3339967
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am a new Yoga 500 user. I have purchased a Thinkpad pro port replicator and have attached two external monitors which work fine. The issue is that sometimes when I open a new application that hasnt been opened before e.g. Word or Excel, the application opens on the laptop screen and not the external monitors. This means I have to keep opening the laptop to drag the new window onto the external screen - a right pain Can anyone shed some light on how to overcome this issue - all ideas welcome before i go mad :-) CheersPaul

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/How-do-I-stop-new-applications-appearing-on-laptop-when-using/td-p/3339967
Relevancy 46.01%

Did all HP Pavilion DV9000 laptops ship with dual hard disk capability?

If not, is there an easy way to determine which ones did and which ones did not?

A:HP Laptop DV9000 - How many hard disks?

Just saw another web site that brings up another question:

Is there a limit on the size of the disks I can put into each bay on the DV9000 systems that have the two-hard-disk capability?

The reason I ask is I already have a DV6000 running Windows 7, 32-bit with a 640G that seems to work just fine and I was hoping to be able to use two very large (maybe up to 1TB) in each bay on the DV9000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-dv9000-how-many-hard-disks.968334/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with windows xp celeron I have only one working usb port which laptop zip read won't disks Toshiba works fine with my mouse and also used to work fine with my usb zip drive However all of a sudden it will recognize the zip drive but won t read the disks I have of course tried the drive and disks with another computer and they work fine to be clear Toshiba laptop won't read zip disks the laptop SEES the zip drive but won t allow any files to be transferred to it says quot file not found quot when you try to drag a file or folder to it or even quot save as quot to the zip and it shows the zip drive as being without a disk even when one is in it Also when I plug in my new little thumb drive the new hardware message pops up and says quot usb device unrecognized quot the thumb drive shows up just fine on another computer the Toshiba service person I talked to on the phone tried uninstalling and reinstalling the usb devices root hub etc from device manager but after I did that there was no change He said if nothing else works then do a system recovery Obviously I don t want to have to reinstall two dozen apps and everything else any ideas nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop won't read zip disks

Hi,

These are common symptoms of a lack of power on the USB bus.

A UZB zip drive will have a high power drain for a USB port, does the zip drive have any provision for an external power supply. If so try using this.

Try using a powered USB 2 hub connected to the laptop and then connect the USB devices to the USB hub, not te computer.

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-wont-read-zip-disks.394106/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a laptop that has crashed see here for Thread So I'm going to replace the hard drive I don't have recovery disks nor an installation disk for windows xp Is it at all possible to create a recovery disk from the crashed drive I can recover files from it and place no install/recovery disks with Laptop them onto my desktop I was wondering if I recreated the i directory would that possibly work The logical solution would be to purchase new installation disks Laptop with no install/recovery disks but they are not available from gateway for this machine I can get the computer specific drivers through a support group for the Laptop with no install/recovery disks machine Or could I possibly borrow a friends windows xp home installation and install it using my license number I believe I've read that this may not work on an OEM machine Basically I'd like Laptop with no install/recovery disks to know what my options are before I buy a new hard drive for my computer and sink more dollars into it ThanksCarolyn

A:Laptop with no install/recovery disks

You should call microsoft and see if they will send you disks. Other than that, I would borrow your friends xp home install (disks), because that will work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285023/laptop-with-no-installrecovery-disks/
Relevancy 46.01%

Are there any comprehensive diagnostics to verify that a DVD drive on a laptop is writing and erasing correctly The reason I ask is that I am having increasingly frequent problems with the disks trouble DVD Drive keeps with Laptop having DVD drive on my ASUS laptop running Win Windows keeps complaining about the disks Not every time but quite frequently Laptop DVD Drive keeps having trouble with disks I use Laptop DVD Drive keeps having trouble with disks DVD-RW and a few DVD RW single layer disks of various brands and Windows seems to object to quite a few of them Laptop DVD Drive keeps having trouble with disks even very new ones that have only been burned once or twice The errors vary Sometimes it is unable to complete erasing a disk Sometimes it won't finish a format Sometimes it complains that the write speed is a problem even though Windows itself chose the write speed Sometimes the burn of the disk fails part way through Given how new many of the disks are I can't seriously believe that so many of the disks are defective so I thought perhaps the DVD burner itself was at fault I'm hoping you can help me find some diagnostics to check out the drive before I try to replace it The one thing that undermines the failing DVD drive theory is that I have trouble with the disks in my other laptop too It's an Acer running Windows Now maybe BOTH laptops have failing drives at the same time - I once had a failing disk controller on both my work computer AND my home computer at nearly the same time so it is possible - but that seems unlikely Is it possible the ASUS laptop is failing and writing bad sectors to the DVD in such a way that the Acer will have trouble reading it when it tries to erase or format the same disk If so then the failing drive in the ASUS may be causing the trouble on the Acer and this may explain the apparent coincidence while leaving the Acer free of any need to replace its own DVD drive I'd be grateful for any advice on how to figure out why my ASUS is having so much trouble burning DVDs I'm not sure if it has trouble burning CDs since I so rarely burn those

A:Laptop DVD Drive keeps having trouble with disks

Your drive may be failing but I would try cleaning the lens first. Amazon.com: Maxell DVD Lens Cleaner - 190059: DVD Lens Cleaner: Electronics

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72143-laptop-dvd-drive-keeps-having-trouble-disks.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just purchased a new HDD for my HP laptop and I have an old version of XP Pro It s pre SP so there are no service packs on the disk which is not a big deal as I can download that later The problem is that the CD is not bootable I previously downloaded the Microsoft floppy boot disks before on another laptop and it installed fine The problem is that this newer laptop does not have a floppy drive I ve tried to burn the floppy s to CD using the NERO Burn Boot Disk and it seemed to work but only for the first CD I did chang the boot order in the BIOS to reflect CD first then HD When I m asked to insert disk and I do nothing happens It doesn t seem to recognize it and just keeps telling me to insert disk The only other boot options provided are A which obviously I can t use since there is no A drive and Boot on Lan Other than buying a to IDE adapter taking out my current desktop HDD s and installing XP on the drive that way is it possible to put the MS floppy information on one CD Rom and use that to install the neccessary boot files TIA nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a true image 2017 and just created a bootable DVD from within the program.

I changed my PC to boot from DVDRW first and it works perfectly....however my laptop refuses to boot from the same disk(s) I have set the bios to boot from CD/DVD drive first and also pressing F9 to get the boot menu and choosing DVDRW still results it booting into Windows....

Just tried a couple more DVDs which should boot, but same issue...

It's an HP pavilion DV6700, wondered if anyone has any ideas

PS the only thing Imhave done recently is replace the HDD with an SSD
Thanks
update just noticed that DVD driver looks OK in device manager, but in Windows just days cd drive and not opening disks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64511-dvd-writer-laptop-not-booting-disks.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop is not reading game disks anymore. the CD ROM does open and the light does flash but every time I put a game disk it doesn't show up on the Computer folder thing. What can I do? I have a HP Pavilion dv9700 notebook PC and the disk drive I use is WDC WD2500BEVS-60UST0 ATA. According to Device manager it says "This device is working properly." I don't know what to do It used to play games perfectly a few weeks ago.

A:HELP My Laptop is not reading Game disks?

Try this:
Your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media
Your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/279929-help-my-laptop-not-reading-game-disks.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have a problem that's why I'm here right heh Issue HD died - Need to re-install Vista New Install Restore USB w/Laptop disks. HD purchased Problems DVD drive is broken I've tried another dvd drive in it and it powered up and went through the motions but was also did not show up USB Install w/Laptop Restore disks. in the boot menu as an option Something must be internally wrong with the connection or something I'm at a loss here trying to figure out a way to run the recovery dvd's I've tried Using a USB HD - Actual HD in External Enclousure I followed the typical install for turning a thumbdrive into a usb boot drive For some reason it did not boot but was selectable in the laptop boot menu However I ran win bootsect on it after not being able to locate bootsec on the vista recovery dvd's that came with either of my HP computers Will try to get a gb usb thumb drive today and try but that leads me to another problem Is it ok to run the bootsect for win to run vista Also I dont know if the recovery disks will even work this way putting them on a USB Install w/Laptop Restore disks. USB Thumb drive that's bootable I dont see USB Install w/Laptop Restore disks. why not anyone try this I cant seem to find much info about it on the web I'm pretty sure if I can get a copy of a real vista install to make an install disk if needed but am I right thinking the COA on my laptop would not work with a retail oem copy of vista Resources I have atm HP vista machine running - has restore disks - no bootsec file found custom desktop running Win - have retail disks dead hp laptop with vista recovery disks thx for any help

A:USB Install w/Laptop Restore disks.

Quote: Originally Posted by symp

I'm pretty sure if I can get a copy of a real vista install to make an install disk if needed, but am I right thinking the COA on my laptop would not work with a retail/oem copy of vista?

Hi,

Actually, YES, it will work perfectly fine - I just did this very thing today on a friends laptop. Everything you need is here

You might also be better off seeking specific Vista advice at our Vista forum here:
https://www.vistax64.com/

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/265112-usb-install-w-laptop-restore-disks.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi mods and fellow windows users My laptop has been experiencing problems reset 8 Is laptop without possible it windows my disks? to lately and i'd like to start fresh I realize there is an option to reset your laptop deleting all your Is it possible to reset my windows 8 laptop without disks? files and start new but i have one question Since my laptop came with windows i have no installation disks for them Is it possible to reset my windows 8 laptop without disks? I've read in this article here Windows features a reset button Re-install Windows without a disc - Liliputing that the windows image-thingy im not good with computers so i dont know the correct terms is quot built in quot to the operating itself Would this mean that i am able to reset my whole laptop deleting everything and set to factory settings without having to bother with burning disks and such If so would it mean that this is as simple as clicking one button and letting the laptop do all the work I need confirmation from this forum Thanks Oh and i'd also like to know how long the process would take

A:Is it possible to reset my windows 8 laptop without disks?

Yes, you can use RESET.

How to do a Reset:
Reset Windows 8

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

You can use the OEM version of
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
   Warning
Deleting the Recovery Partition is NOT RECOMMENDED

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can order the Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from the OEM manufacturer's website.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30209-possible-reset-my-windows-8-laptop-without-disks.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I got my new laptop today the setup asked me about the partition which I had no idea about so after watching this vid Samsung PC Software - Easy Partition Manager - YouTube I was aiming to have my programs run on drive D and have personal files etc on drive C So I gave drive D more space However once I laptop, New changing disks? partition set up and started to transfer my files into my user file with the documents amp pictures folders etc the C drive only had left while the D drive had I didn't know what to do I read that I couldn't move my user folder to the D drive or move the pre installed programs to the D drive as it would cause issues So I went New laptop, changing partition disks? into the disk management and tried to shrink the D drive That was fine but it wasn't allowing me to extend the C drive So I deleted drive D as I hadn't had much in it yet However now the 'free space' seems to be wrapped in a border saying 'extended partition' I've no idea what do now I don't know how to fix this and even so I've no idea now how I should have set up with using two drives for programmes and my files Please could someone help me I don't understand much of the technical stuff with this problem which is probably why I should have left it alone Samsung NP-RF -S UK Win Premium bit Please read all of this thread as it shows the lack of good customer service by Samsung I personally recommend people NOT to buy a Samsung laptop

A:New laptop, changing partition disks?

Lets start with a screen shot of your disk management window...sounds like at this point, delete the D:\ partition, then it should become 'unallocated'. Then you set its size and format it NTFS default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/200607-new-laptop-changing-partition-disks.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi,

im at work so i appolgize for not searching the forums for my topic.

I purchased a brand new e machine laptop about 2 months ago and i havent yet tried to use the disk drive, i wanted to install world of warcraft but the laptop wont even acknowledge the disk i dnt even get a little egg timer next to my icon.

i hope you can help me

again sorry for not searching

kind regards

Bill

Relevancy 45.58%

My western digital external harddrive has just started glitching out. It does not appear on my laptop, i know my hd works because occasionally it appears and runs normally...any advice would be nice.

Nathan

A:WD external hardrive not appearing on Toshiba Laptop

If it only occasionally works, it needs to be replaced. If you manage to get it running again, get your data off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-external-hardrive-not-appearing-on-toshiba-laptop.930219/
Relevancy 45.58%

My old laptop with Windows Vista is still plodding along but has started showing windows that read 1) Dell dock has stopped working and then more recently 2) DellDock.exe - Application Error: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled; Process ID = 0xb0c (2828); Thriead ID = 0xf3c (3900); Click ok to cancel the application; click cancel to debug the application.With problem no.1 I can simply close the windows and they go away but with no.2 the window won't respond to anything and although I can still carry on with stuff on the laptop, the error notification is always there. It won't always reappear when I restart the laptop but it happens regularly. Any ideas out there?

A:Dell Dock errors that keep appearing on laptop

First, run MSCONFIG.exe and under the 'startup' tab you should find Delldock.exe is listed - simply untick it and then restart - the error message will have gone (though you will initially get a message about disabled startup items). If you want a more permanent, & tidier, solution then download & install CCleaner - under the 'tools' option there's a 'startup' tab where you can disable it."I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floyd

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/dell-dock-errors-that-keep-appearing-on-laptop/13773.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

Recently an annoying grey line has started to appear horizontally across the top of my laptop display, when I move the lid in different positions. Sometimes the line can be a solid grey line, other times a faint dotted line and sometimes it's not there at all.

If I move the laptop lid it disappears but when the lid is put in a certain position it gradually begins to fade back into view.

Has anyone any ideas what could be the problem as it is really starting to annoy me? I have a nVIDIA G-Force FX graphics card.

Thanks,
Martin

A:Grey line appearing through laptop screen.

Sounds like the ribbon cable going in the hinge of the laptop is breaking/broken, or there is a defect in the display. Is this still under warranty, because if it is, now is the time to call the manufacturer. Otherwise you're pretty much SOL.

Good luck,
JBotAlan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grey-line-appearing-through-laptop-screen.419942/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
I've had my Sony Vaio laptop five and a half years. Up until about six months ago, my screen was pristine, but since then, every time I log on, there are several new marks on the screen. Some of them are tiny marks, like broken pixels, but others are bigger, like water marks.
The same time this started happening, I noticed I was getting these tiny, almost invisible moving dots on my screen, I assume they're some kind of insect, they're the size of a pixel. But whenever I flick these off, they leave no mark. Anybody have any idea what it could be?
Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/random-marks-appearing-laptop-screen-4604199/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone out there have an original set of IBM T-23 factory restore disks (Windows XP drivers and image)? I need them urgently and would be willing to pay $100 via Paypal to anyone who can get them to me by Saturday (tomorrow) morning. Or, preferably, if anyone could FTP the data to me, I would pay $100 as well. You can reach me via email at: [email protected] or AIM at: flightgw

Thanks...

A:IBM T-23 laptop Restore Disks WANTED TODAY

welcome
check here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ibm-t-23-laptop-restore-disks-wanted-today-84267.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have an hp laptop dv6915nr. restore disks stop at 23% with error 0x400110020000100b if problem continues please contact customer support, witch i did. it seems some how i deleted info on the hard drive for the disks to install. hp will not tell me how to fix this. they want me to send it in for repair at 400$ or a new hard drive at 200$. i can install xp or vista but the drivers will not install and nothing works. ie wireless internet ethernet card. can not connect to internet. can anybody tell me how i can get my recovery disks to work?

thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I dont have the original disks, can I download anything? I also have Vista, and have managed to download a recovery fix for it. i then saved it onto a disk, and it lets me do a clean reinstall of Vista. Can I do the same for XP?

I really need to do this as I have a virus, and it will be easyer to just reinstall it all.

Please help me,
Thanks all,
James.

A:Can I clean install XP, without the disks as my laptop didnt come with one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-clean-install-xp-without-the-disks-as-my-laptop-didnt-come-with-one.748399/
Relevancy 45.15%

I cant even format my computer.. it wont read any dvd disk... only cds. I think I am missing the driver for it but I dont know which one...
I have a toshiba satellite p105-s6024 running on windows vista
thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Recently I tried to burn an iso with my disk drive and a DVD rw with a third party program Astroburn It would always begin burning and say quot operation failed quot after seconds or so Each read write speed would fail as well I tried to use the windows disk burner but that did not solve the problem The error I got was that the disk had read-write speeds incompatible with my Laptop Not Drive disks Disk Writing drive However I know that is impossible because when I first got my laptop I used the disks from the exact same package to create my system recovery disks Laptop Disk Drive Not Writing disks I was also able to around months Laptop Disk Drive Not Writing disks to year go create a Fedora boot disk a while back again with the same disks Other notes I have no idea if I can write to other disks because I don't have any other brands of DVDr's lying around in my house I can definitely read any disk - I can read the exact same disk but I can't write to those disks I suspect the information I am giving about my hardware is incomplete but I am unsure as to what I need to say about it Please tell me Any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I am using quot Slimtype BD E DS E S quot FINAL EDIT I took it back to my manufacturer ASUS and they switched out the drive for another Turns out it was just faulty Thanks for helping

A:Laptop Disk Drive Not Writing disks

Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong? If it is hardware, I could replace it, although I do believe that my warranty might be invalid. I can't seem to find this problem using google; I found a lot of related issues with my same model, but no one seems to be having my issue. In addition, I downloaded and ran the Microsoft auto-fix for disk drives - reading/writing disk players as well as dvd/blue ray disk drives. Neither detected any sort of problem with my disk drive.

In addition, a disk I could not burn worked perfectly fine on another computer. I'm completely sure it is my computer and not the disk.
Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233617-laptop-disk-drive-not-writing-disks.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My husband has a dell laptop with his hard disk unpartitioned ie only c We ve tweaked photoshop to only have cache s and of Ram but he still gets scratchdisk errors Can anyone tell me what the impact of disabling the whole scratch disk is Is there a tweak we haven t done Just on unpartitioned scratch Photoshop, disks laptop for the record his startuplist txt is below thanks in advance Sarah StartupList report AM StartupList version Started from T StartupList EXE Detected Windows SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using Photoshop, scratch disks on unpartitioned laptop default options Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon Photoshop, scratch disks on unpartitioned laptop exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Photoshop, scratch disks on unpartitioned laptop Tiny Personal Firewall persfw exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files Norton Speed Disk nopdb exe C WINNT System WFXSVC EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec WinFax WFXMOD EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System pctspk exe C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files DELL AccessDirect dadapp exe C WINNT System wfxsnt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec WinFax WFXCTL EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE T Palm HOTSYNC EXE T StartupList exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Startup C Documents and Settings Andrew King Start Menu Programs Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe Distiller Assistant lnk C Acrobat Distillr DISTASST EXE Shortcut to OUTLOOK EXE lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE HotSync Manager lnk Palm HOTSYNC EXE Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE Controller LNK C Program Files Symantec WinFax WFXCTL EXE -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINNT system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon PCTVOICE pctspk exe IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe DadApp C Program Files DELL AccessDirect dadapp exe WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt exe ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe -------------------------------------------------- Shell amp screensaver key from C WINNT SYSTEM INI Shell INI section not found SCRNSAVE EXE INI section not found drivers INI section not found Shell amp screensaver key from Registry Shell Explorer Exe SCRNSAVE EXE C WINNT System ssmarque scr drivers Registry value not found Policies Shell key HKCU Policies Shell Registry key not found HKLM Policies Shell Registry value not found -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Browser Helper Objects no name - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll - E F-C D - D -B D- B ... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hiya im not brilliant with computers so bear with me!

Ive had an e system 3090 for about 2 yrs and I had windows xp installed onto it, but I want to go back to vista which was origionally on the laptop. The problem is the laptop didnt come with any disks or manual!!!

Any ideas how I can do this?? If its even possible?!

Thanks

A:want to go back to vista but my laptop didnt come with any disks!! help??

What is the exact mfg and model of computer?

Hopefully we can still do a factory specs, change.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280325-want-go-back-vista-but-my-laptop-didnt-come-any-disks-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Being a laptop owner i was not happy to read this

Quote:
SSD laptop drives ?slower than hard disks?

But are 40% more expensive

Eric Lai, Computerworld
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are becoming a more frequent storage component in laptops, and are promoted as being faster and more energy-efficient than traditional spinning hard drives. But tests prove that such drives are actually slower than standard laptop hard disks.

Information
More information Here

A:SSD laptop drives 'slower than hard disks'

Im not sure I competely believe this, after all its still commonplace to see laptops sold with 5400rpm drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11538-ssd-laptop-drives-slower-than-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 45.15%

alright, so this past friday i went to go turn on my hp compaq presario laptop running vista and once it booted up, it said that i was connected with limited connectivity or to my d-link wireless router, i restarted and the same thing happened. sometimes it says that it is connected to an unidentified netowrk instead. so i started to mess around with my router but my other computer was connecting fine. I then tried to connect via ethernet straight from my modem and it was still the same case. i have even brought the laptop over to my buddies but it says the same thing over there too. it is obviously a problem with vista but i have no clue what it is or how to fix it. i have been looking all over the internet for solutions but nothing has worked so far. any help will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185169-cannot-get-internet-laptop-anymore.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just recently my TV won't recognize my computer anymore. I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista and an LG TV. When I connect them my TV says it's connecting and then it says no signal. It was working just the other day. The only thing that has changed is that I loaded Clear Connection on my computer for internet, but I don't see how that would change anything on my computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:My laptop won't connect to my TV anymore

How were you connecting the Laptop to the TV? (HDMI, VGA, LAN, etc)

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/87648-35-laptop-connect-anymore
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi My Sony Vaio laptop won t load up anymore When moved I sometimes got the blue screen of death it restarted and it was fine But yesterday I moved it slightly and it got the blue screen of death again It came up with the screen asking if I wanted to load Windows normally or in safe mode No matter which I click it starts Laptop load up anymore won't to Laptop won't load up anymore load then gets the blue screen of death and restarts again then showing the safe mode option screen again I have no clue what the blue screen of death screen says as it doesn t stay up for more than Laptop won't load up anymore a second I have no back up disks It doesn t seem to want to show the BIOS It is running Windows XP What is most likely to have caused the problem and what can I do to fix it I d rather not wipe the hard drive and start again unless I really really have to Any help would be great Thanks

A:Laptop won't load up anymore

Have you tried booting into safe mode yet?

When you turn the computer on repeatedly press the F8 key until a menu pops up with options. Towards the bottom there is an option that states "Disable automatic reboot on system failure" highlight this option and press enter, your computer should reboot and if it blue screens could you please post the exact error code you are getting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342428/laptop-wont-load-up-anymore/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm trying TRYING to work from home today but the screen fonts are making it unbearable for me. In Firefox/IE they appear blurry/distorted and it doesn't look right and hurts my eyes. I can't keep fussing around with settings(clear type/brightness/resizing) because it seems to make things worse. I don't know what to do, my dad's laptop works just fine and it's over a year old but he has Windows 7.

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537
I have Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.40GHz
Installed memory RAM: 8 GB (7.88 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system x64 based processor

All I want is to go back to what my computer looked like when I got it 2 weeks ago. I haven't even had this thing for TWO WEEKS! Any way I can fix this before my eyesight is shot to H-E-double hockey sticks?! Here are a few screen shots:

A:I've had this laptop for a week and I cant take it anymore

I hate to say it but your screen shots look clear to me.

Have you tried getting an update to your video drivers from Dell or speaking to their support?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44087-ive-had-laptop-week-i-cant-take-anymore.html
Relevancy 45.15%

It hasn't been a problem at all before, but it won't read CD's/DVD's anymore.

Usually when I put in a CD, iTunes pops up and asks me if I want to burn it to the Hard Drive. It didn't come up for any of the CD's I own, plus wouldn't pop up the DVD player when I inserted a DVD.

When I put in a disc, the computer makes sounds like it's reading it, but then nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

A:My Laptop won't read CD's anymore

You should try a cd/dvd lens cleaner or you need to replace your optical drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-read-cds-anymore-353813.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everybody I'm brand new to the forum not too tech savvy and I'm experiencing a problem with my laptop I noticed a very long thread that is exploring issues with Windows not sleeping properly and while I've also had issues putting my computer to sleep I'm more concerned right now with its inability to hibernate I've been having my laptop hibernate most nights since I got it last year and it's been working fine with the occasional shut down instead of hibernation up until a few days ago It will not hibernate anymore I have every power option set to 'hibernate' it's supposed to go into hibernation automatically when I close the lid push the power button anymore Laptop hibernate won't anything I've also set up a shortcut on my desktop that used to put it into hibernation but now when I go to wake it up afterwards I've found its has shut down and closed all my apps and documents At first I thought I was waiting too long between sessions and it automatically Laptop won't hibernate anymore shut down after hours for example as I've recently come home from college and I'm going longer between wake-ups but last night I put it into 'hibernate' and an hour later tried waking it up Laptop won't hibernate anymore only to find it had Laptop won't hibernate anymore had shut down again I've got Windows but hibernate was working for weeks on it until recently I've DEFINITELY got hibernate enabled in my power options I've checked about a million times I don't think I installed or changed anything around the time I started having these issues Does anyone have any ideas And please remember I'm completely new at computer stuff and my understanding of jargon is very limited so simple instructions and questions would be appreciated Thank you

A:Laptop won't hibernate anymore

Power Config is messed up. You can run an energy report with the Powercfg command in the Command Window. It also helps to know the manufacturer & model of the computer that this problem is going on with.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46382-laptop-wont-hibernate-anymore.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I really don't know what to do and I'm not at all familiar with computer language and children and my I help, laptop turn Please on can't anymore! grandchildren are too far to help I have had my toshiba for almost years and a month ago my hard drive died I brought it to a shop where they managed to save my data and put it on a quot new quot second hand hard drive When I got my laptop back from them I didn't have vista anymore but windows During the last week my laptop has started to Please help, I can't turn my laptop on anymore! take longer and longer to start up But now what I get is this - if I try to start windows normally it takes about mins to bring me to the password page Once the password in I'm stuck with a black screen arrow in the middle and nothing else for hours - each time I try to turn it on I get the option to launch start up repair It gets just worst Once the files uploaded I stay stuck on a totally black screen for about mins or more then I got the welcome screen and an arrow but it doesn't ask me the password It's been stuck there for the last hours - yesterday I managed to turn it on after an interminable wait but then everything was either incredibly slow or simply not working Today it simply looks dead and I'm myself desperate I really want and need it to work now I will be so grateful for your advises but please bear with me when it comes to using computerised language As I said before I'm am a novice Thanks you all looking forward to reading you

A:Please help, I can't turn my laptop on anymore!

Hi Dee1Sis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please notice the below is just my personal opinion, based on my own experiences with various laptops. Other members might give you other advice, this is what I think.

Almost four years is a long time for a basic laptop. Although there are plenty of laptops working fine after several years, when they start to fail it can be a never ending story. The hard drive is often the first to fail. In your case it sounds as if not only the HDD was broken but also the so called disk controller, the part of the motherboard that takes care of the communications between CPU (processor) and disk drives.

As the replacement parts & work needed for laptops can cost quite a lot, my recommendation is to let your Toshiba to retire and get a new laptop.

If you get your laptop up and running, I would like to ask you to run two built-in Windows 7 tools to try to repair as much as possible. First run Check Disk (chkdsk) as told in this tutorial step 8: Disk Check.

When done, run System File Checker (sfc) with Scannow option as told in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/245419-please-help-i-cant-turn-my-laptop-anymore.html
Relevancy 45.15%

With Windows I used to stream videos on my PS all the time anymore find laptop won't my PS3 and it worked beautifully I got a new laptop with Windows and now I'm regretting it I did everything the same way PS3 won't find my laptop anymore I did with Windows to set up media sharing streaming It didn't work I researched online for hours I found a couple fixes and none worked I went through PS3 won't find my laptop anymore every setting I can think of and allowed all sharing streaming anywhere I saw the option I enabled media streaming on in Windows Media Player After many more hours of clicking and enabling I got it to work I fell asleep watching a video on my new laptop When I woke up this morning my PS doesn't see my laptop anymore Obviously I didn't change any settings or anything because I was asleep Neither device turned off during the night So I tried rebooting both devices No luck I'm going nuts over this I don't see how it could work then not work hours later without changing anything or hitting a single button If I can't get this to work I have to downgrade to Windows where this worked flawlessly this is kinda a deal breaker Please can anybody help me EDIT Oh yeah I forgot to mention my Andoid phone can see and look through my laptop with no problem But it's been able to since the first share button I hit Even when my PS couldn't

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/13344-ps3-wont-find-my-laptop-anymore.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell laptop with windows XP service pack Recently my laptop has stopped going into hibernate It starts to go into hibernate but then after a few seconds it returns to the desktop Hibernate was fine last week but stopped working a couple days ago Also when i shut down I get a dwinn exe error message saying that an application failed to initialize standby has no problems I Laptop anymore hibernate won't have spent hours Laptop won't hibernate anymore on the internet trying to see if i could find a solution but i havent been able to find anything Since Laptop won't hibernate anymore I don t think this Laptop won't hibernate anymore is being caused some program i am running i am starting to suspect it might be spyware I have scanned my computer using spybot search and destroy malewarebytes ad-aware spyware terminator but they haven t been able to find anything Also when I click on google links during a google search they get redirected very often to advertisement sites so i have to click back and then click on the link again to go the site i am not sure if these two problems are related but i thought i should mention it here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Shamsheer Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co in SEENIN SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn co in SEENIN SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www ap dell com content default aspx c in amp l en amp s gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ap dell com content default aspx c in amp l en amp s gen R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co in SEENIN SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Li... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-hibernate-anymore.905183/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok now I have a older laptop that I have setup with a bunch of External large harddrives. Its like my main computer for all my files in nice location in my home. I've had this laptop for a few years and I have never had a problem with it. Its a compaq evo n600c. Yes I said it was old . Anyway, for some reason now. When I boot it on. It loads and I can see its working. The actual light for the screen is not showing. I have no idea why. I can look close enough and still kinda see the desktop and move the curser. Its like I'm working in the dark. UGH!

Anyone know whats wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

A:Laptop will not light up anymore? Help please!

Perfect description of a failed backlight for the LCD.

It will likely be either the backlight or the inverter for the backlight.

The cost of repair may be dubiuos economiically, but the laptop should still work fine with an external monitor plugged in and enabled with the appropriate laptop keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-light-up-anymore-help-please.590164/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi - five coloured vertical lines have appeared on my son's laptop screen
(one at a time) over two weeks. It's an Acer Travelmate 2200 running XP.
Is this screen on the way out or can screen adjustments from the control panel correct this? Thankyou to anyone who gives advice.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi - five coloured vertical lines have appeared on my son's laptop screen
(one at a time) over two weeks.Is this screen on the way out or can screen adjustments from the control panel correct this? Thankyou to anyone who gives advice.

A:Solved: coloured lines appearing on laptop screen

Hello!

You didn't say what operating system you have so I will move this to the hardware forum where it will get the attention it deserves.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-coloured-lines-appearing-on-laptop-screen.852990/
Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop is showing problems on display Below is the link to video of problem click here Details are as follows Laptop is years old and the problem started a few days ago The Laptop on display Sony Vaio Problem appearing display freezes some times during use and than restarts but after windows logo appear while restarting Sony Vaio Laptop Problem appearing on display the laptop reboots again showing different visual effects and vertical lines Sometimes the problems goes away and returns on the same day or next day I thought the problem must be with graphics card But I restored the C drive of laptop to factory condition first using recovery disks that I created when I bought the laptop But the problem started again the next day Than I restored the C Drive again using the Recovery Partition on HDD of laptop after which the problem went away for a week Than the problem started again Now I have restored the complete system to Factory condition and waiting to see if the problem will return Now I think the problem is with software maybe as the problem goes away when C drive is restored to factory condition Does anyone know what is wrong with the laptop

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/sony-vaio-laptop-problem-appearing-display-4602746/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone Thanks for reading and for any help that you give me nbsp This problem has been occuring for almost a year and it seems like nothing works I have chatted with hp specialists which they have been helpful nbsp but the problem still remains The one hp guy the my left side on appearing Dots of laptop touchcreen actually saw it happening when he took over my laptop He did updates and checked the touchscreen settings After he did all of Dots appearing on the left side of my touchcreen laptop that the laptop restarted and the dots Dots appearing on the left side of my touchcreen laptop went away but the thing is once I restart or turn it off and back on they go away for a little while Sometimes a week a day or two or even a few hours So the hp guy thought he had fixed the problem but the dots are back I literally Dots appearing on the left side of my touchcreen laptop can't take it anymore I don't have money for a new laptop This laptop is not even a year old yet and it cost me over I paid that much for a custom made laptop and this is what I get My old two year old laptop that I got from Walmart for on Black Friday doesn't even do this It's just slow nbsp More about the dots nbsp The range of how many dots appear on the screen differs Sometimes - or nbsp sometimes like of them Also it differs on how bad it is Sometimes they don't move or keep clicking the same spot and other times they go crazy clicking the screen and moving back and forth trying to scroll It is literally like a ghost is standing there usuing all five fingers and repeaditly clicking on the screen and dragging his hand back and forth So it's pretty hard for me to be doing stuff on my laptop When the dots appear depending on what I'm doing they start clicking on all kinds of links and opening cortana I have to move my page to the right so that they aren't clicking on my stuff It's also hard to move the mouse as it keeps going back to the dots thinking that is where I am trying to go nbsp I was never asked Hey there is something wrong with your laptop In order to fix it please ship it to us No that would have been to easy I'm pretty sure I'm out of warrenty as well I tried to get a video on here or even a picture but I tried and couldn't get either nbsp nbsp Thanks again for any help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dots-appearing-on-the-left-side-of-my-touchcreen-laptop/td-p/5833289
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently purchased a new HP laptop which came with Vista. My intent is to upgrade to Windows XP, and I've made recovery disks just in case I want to switch back at some point. However, a friend I've spoken to recalls having trouble booting from his recovery disks to restore his own HP laptop from XP to Vista. I just want to be 100% sure: it is still possible to restore the PC to factory defaults (Vista and all the bloatware) using the disks even if I'm running XP, correct?

A:Returning a laptop to factory settings using Recovery Disks...

Before you switch to XP, verify you can find drivers for all the hardware. And realize that some functionality may simply not be available under XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/returning-a-laptop-to-factory-settings-using-recovery-disks.738049/
Relevancy 44.72%

Laptop has slowed to a crawl.  Not sure what is up with it, but want to do a reinstall of Windows 7.  No disks came with the laptop.  What do I do?  Is the operating system install somewhere on the hard drive?

thanks!

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop - no disks. Need to reinstall Windows 7

Johnbhuston1,

This link may help...
Dell Recovery Image Download
Rick

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19984224
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I've got a virus on my laptop that wont allow me to boot up the please! boot 10 can Virus up disks.Help rescue Windows laptop using all! Even at laptop initially I could now it won't let me do anything when I push Windows 10 Virus can boot laptop up at all! Even using rescue disks.Help please! the power button the MSI logo comes up with a spinning wheel below it which initially booted up the laptop after an hour hours now it just Windows 10 Virus can boot laptop up at all! Even using rescue disks.Help please! runs for a few hours and cuts to an idle mode and black screen I've tried various 'rescue disk' programs which initially says 'Preparing automatic repair' under the spinning wheel and MSI logo then it goes black and a rectangle looks like its going to open a screen for about a second then it goes off and ends up a black Windows 10 Virus can boot laptop up at all! Even using rescue disks.Help please! screen till it eventually turns the laptop off after an hour or two Also tried pushing f which shows 'Checking media presence no media presence' No boot disks or USB programs seem to work is there anything else I can do Thanks in advance -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598723/windows-10-virus-can-boot-laptop-up-at-all-even-using-rescue-diskshelp-please/
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer hasn't been working ever since I shut it down during an automatic update Which I've been kicking myself about ever since but the last time it updated it broke the computer and I panicked Anyway it won't run certain programs including iTunes and much of MS Office and no matter how often I try to reinstall they still won't work saying quot The side by side configurations are incorrect quot What I want is to restore it to factory settings - all my data is safe and backed up But when I put in my recovery disks and they are the highest boot priority in BIOS the windows disks. Can't - doesn't reinstall recognize laptop system loads from the hard drive as normal When I remove the option to boot from the hard drive my system won't book at all telling me to restart or insert an appropriate disk And when I boot from the disk and try to manually run it by clicking ETFSBOOT it tells me that quot Can't reinstall windows - laptop doesn't recognize disks. The version of this file is not This version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x -bit or an x -bit version of the program quot I have double andtriple checked this - my system is -bit My disks are -bit As far as I can tell the computer got scrambled during the automatic update and now part of it thinks it's -bit some of the programs are divided into -bit and -bit sections All I want to do is to reinstall windows but I don't know what to do since it won't recognize my disks Any suggestions internet Thanks so much Also if it's relevant I'm running Windows Vista on an ASUS K IJ laptop I don't have the windows install disk because the computer came with windows installed but I have the ASUS recovery disks which have been used to restore my computer in the past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-reinstall-windows-laptop-doesnt-recognize-disks-619826.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer hasn t been working ever since I shut it down during an automatic update Which - laptop windows doesn't recognize reinstall disks. Can't I ve been kicking myself about ever since but the last time it updated it broke the computer and I panicked Anyway it won t run certain programs including iTunes and much of MS Office and no matter how often I try to reinstall they still won t work saying quot The side by side configurations are incorrect quot What I want is to restore it to factory settings - all my data is safe and backed up But when I put in my recovery disks and they are the highest Can't reinstall windows - laptop doesn't recognize disks. boot priority in BIOS the system loads from the hard drive as normal When I remove the option to boot from the hard drive my system won t book at all telling me to restart or insert an appropriate disk And when I boot from the disk and try to manually run it by clicking ETFSBOOT it tells me that quot The version of this file is not This version of the file Can't reinstall windows - laptop doesn't recognize disks. is not compatible with the Can't reinstall windows - laptop doesn't recognize disks. version of Windows you re running Check your computer s system information to see whether you need an x -bit or an x -bit version of the program quot I have double and triple checked this - my system is -bit My disks are -bit As far as I can tell the computer got scrambled during the automatic update and now part of it thinks it s -bit some of the programs are divided into -bit and -bit sections All I want to do is to reinstall windows but I don t know what to do since it won t recognize my disks Any suggestions internet Thanks so much Also if it s relevant I m running Windows Vista on an ASUS K IJ laptop I don t have the windows install disk because the computer came with windows installed but I have the ASUS recovery disks which have been used to restore my computer in the past nbsp

A:Can't reinstall windows - laptop doesn't recognize disks.

Try asking ASUS for a Windows disc. It should cost less than buying one retail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reinstall-windows-laptop-doesnt-recognize-disks.1032476/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just submitted a question asking what it means when my orange light stays on and won't power on etc etc and now it seems to be deleted????? It is now white and still won't turn on for more than a few seconds and powers down.

A:I don't see my post anymore that i just submitted? laptop wo...

Hi @Lindy79, Thank you for posting at HP forums. I read your post about the laptop cannot be powered on. I want to help. Please follow the document below:HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 8) Let me know your troubleshooting results. If the problem is solved, please click on "Thumb up" and "Accepted as Solution".To say "Thank you", click on "Thumb up"! Regards,    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-don-t-see-my-post-anymore-that-i-just-submitted-laptop-won/td-p/5516416
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone Hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this boot issue and get my windows working again without deleting my programs files data etc Basically without restoring my pc from scratch Everything was working fine until i started installing quot sonos quot wireless software for controlling boot anymore. to windows won't laptop audio After that i restarted my laptop and started getting this black boot error message as shown below Status xc f Things I have already tried but no luck I tried laptop won't boot to windows anymore. pressing f and clicked on restore to last working settings option and that didnt work Starting windows in safe mode but took me back to this same error message placed my windows installation disc and clicked on Repair Windows I did the startup repair and when it completed what was weird now it got passed the boot error message and saw microsft text loading but then went to blue screen of death then once restarted my computer again back to this quot Windows Boot Manager quot issue It will only go to BSOD blue screen of death if i choose start windows normally when laptop starts booting up I What i noticed that looked a bit off is when i tried to do a repair windows using my windows disc the partition said E Shouldn't it be on C Drive cause i never saw an E Drive when using my computer Windows was always installed on C Drive I attached some photos so you can see what i mean and something about system volume is corrupt when i clicked on Diagnosis and repair details from the startup repair menu since Startup repair said it could not fix this problem automatically I also did this command BCDEDIT at command prompt from my recovery options and if you look where it says WIndows Boot Loader It also says partition E Drive Should i change that to C or no that's normal Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows and lose all my data If someone can fix this willing to pay you via paypal I don't think my harddrive went bad or not working cause on System recovery options i clicked on add drivers and i can browse all the folders on E drive which when logged in on windows should be C Drive but everything seems to be there photo below

A:laptop won't boot to windows anymore.

the C: drive in the picture should be a hidden drive without a drive letter.
Boot off of the Windows DVD and choose Repair Your Computer or press Shift+F12 to go directly to the Command Prompt in the RE (Recovery Environment). At the X:\sources prompt type E: and press enter.
At the E:\> prompt Type in these commands in this link Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD under Attempt Two:Manually Repairing the Windows Bootloader.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-boot-to-windows-anymore-865538.html
Relevancy 44.72%

As I stated in the title, any USB mouse that I connect does not work.
They used to work just a day before.

I tried using wired moused and wireless mouse. Wireless mouse lights up when I insert USB into laptop.

Other USB devices work when I plug them in the same port.

USB mouse is recognized and it says "This device is working properly." in device manager.

I tried all 4 ports in my laptop

It plays the beep usual "usb device connected" beep when I plug in the mouse.

A:All USB mice do not work anymore on laptop

In:
Control Panel->Mouse, under the Hardware tab, what is listed when you have one plugged in?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-usb-mice-do-not-work-anymore-on-laptop-614075.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I have an HP Pavilion dv or DV as HP refers it to and it won't turn on anymore My system has gigs of RAM and is an AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz I was originally using Windows Vista -bit Home Premium System Pack what it came with the system and I had upgraded to Vista -bit I am not sure if my problem was caused by my upgrade of Vista or my system being too warm as I have been using it a lot and it has been getting My on won't please :( help! HP DV6810 anymore, turn laptop hot and making loud noises but after I upgraded to the -bit My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :( Windows Vista Home Premium System Pack I was then My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :( going to the upgrade directly from the Windows to the Vista Ultimate which I had purchased earlier and not got around to update any of it with my schedule and after I did this it asked for me to restart my computer and as soon as I did poof It shut off and won't turn back on I read up on this online I took out the battery and adapter completely and clicked on the quot on quot or power button for seconds then put the battery back in and plugged it to no avail I then took out the RAM cards a -gig one and a -gig one to try to reset it still nothing I called HP tech support and they told me to reset the harddrive and how to do it and still same thing Everything is completely blank and my computer and nothing on it turns on does anyone know what it can be I have an identical computer I am using but I need that one to work and this is driving me crazy HP wants me to send it back to them but is there anything I can do to possibly fix this myself Thanks again in advance and I appreciate all of your help regarding this matter thanks again and hopefully I can fix this -sasss lt -- google ad section end -- gt

A:My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :(

I'm not exactly positive, and I know HP Tech Support (phone) usually isn't that helpful, however it sounds like your motherboard may have failed, if its under warranty I would call them up and request them to send you a box to send it in for repairs (shipping should be covered under warranty).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228597-my-hp-dv6810-laptop-wont-turn-anymore-please-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I was watching an internet video on my laptop last night when suddenly it lost the connection to the internet I thought it was the modem or the router but the other computers including another Internet connect Help! anymore! to Laptop can't laptop had no problem I reset them anyway Still no internet It doesn t even work with a direct cable connection to the laptop The cable is fine since it works with one of our desktops I have an HP Pavillion nr with Windows XP Service Pack My network adapters are Help! Laptop can't connect to Internet anymore! these Broadcom RealTek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Here is what I ve tried so Help! Laptop can't connect to Internet anymore! far Did a full virus scan Tried direct cable connection Disabled the Help! Laptop can't connect to Internet anymore! wireless network waited and then enabled it Disabled the LAN network Reset winsock Deleted all the wireless networks and manually added our home network again I checked the device manager and everything is fine I also checked the properties for the network adapters and got messages that they are working properly I m at a loss for what to do next I just had the same problem fixed on a brand new desktop That one still won t connect to the Internet wirelessly just via a cable And it cost me over Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don t want to have to take this thing in for service too nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I found a computer my dad had gotten me through Verizon, then he just shut it off for no reason. I can't get into it, so does anyone know how to get in without reactivating it and paying money?

A:I found an old laptop that isn't activated anymore.

It could be password protected by your father. Ask your father for help.
Shutting off a computer does not do anything that would need activation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301299-i-found-old-laptop-isnt-activated-anymore.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone Hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this boot issue and get my windows working again without deleting my programs files data etc Basically without restoring my pc from scratch Everything was working fine until i started installing quot sonos quot wireless software for controlling audio After that i restarted my laptop and started getting this black boot error message as shown below Status xc f Things I have already tried but no luck I tried pressing f and clicked on laptop to anymore boot won't windows restore to last working settings option and that didnt work Starting windows in safe mode but took me back to this same error message placed my windows installation disc and clicked on Repair Windows I did the startup repair and when it completed what was weird now it got passed the boot error message and saw microsft text loading but then went to blue screen of death then once restarted my computer again back to this quot Windows Boot Manager laptop won't boot to windows anymore quot issue laptop won't boot to windows anymore It will only go to BSOD blue screen of death if i choose start windows normally laptop won't boot to windows anymore when laptop starts booting up I What i noticed that looked a bit off is when i tried to do a repair windows using my windows disc the partition said E Shouldn t it be on C Drive cause i never saw an E Drive when using my computer Windows was always installed on C Drive I attached some photos so you can see what i mean and something about system volume is corrupt when i clicked on Diagnosis and repair details from the startup repair menu since Startup repair said it could not fix this problem automatically I also did this command BCDEDIT at command prompt from my recovery options and if you look where it says WIndows Boot Loader It also says partition Erive Should i change that to C or no that s normal Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows and lose all my data If someone can fix this willing to pay you via paypal I don t think my harddrive went bad or not working cause on System recovery options i clicked on add drivers and i can browse all the folders on E drive which when logged in on windows should be C Drive but everything seems to be there photo below nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

My HCL ME Laptop keyboard stops working suddenly, it was working perfectly till evening today. My laptop keyboard is not working in Windows 7 though it is working in BIOS Configuration. I think some spyware have changed my setting or may be any spyware may had deleted some important files needed for keyboard & also my touch panel is not working along with keyboard.......i m currently using wireless keyboard & mouse. pls help me to sort out this problem......waiting for reply

A:My HCL Laptop Keyboard is not Working Anymore.....

Hello prince_rambade & welcome to TSF

Have a look in Device Manager and see if there are any Yellow or Red symbols.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hcl-laptop-keyboard-is-not-working-anymore-654188.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Mod Edit Modified topic title - Hamluis Hello everyone Hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this boot issue and get my windows working again windows to laptop anymore. won't boot without deleting my programs files data etc Basically without restoring my pc from scratch Everything was working fine until i started installing sonos wireless software for controlling audio After that i restarted my laptop and started getting this black boot error message as shown below Status xc f Things I have already tried but no luck I tried pressing f and clicked on restore to laptop won't boot to windows anymore. last working settings option and that didnt work Starting windows in safe mode but took me back to this same error message placed my windows installation disc and clicked on Repair Windows I did the startup repair and when it completed what was weird now it got passed the boot error message and saw microsft text loading but then went to blue screen laptop won't boot to windows anymore. of death then once restarted my computer again back to this Windows Boot Manager issue It will only go to BSOD blue screen of death if i choose start windows normally when laptop starts booting up I What i noticed that laptop won't boot to windows anymore. looked a bit off is when i tried to do a repair windows using my windows disc the partition said E Shouldn't it be on C Drive cause i never saw an E Drive when using my computer Windows was always installed on C Drive I attached some photos so you can see what i mean and something about system volume is corrupt when i clicked on Diagnosis and repair details from the startup repair menu since Startup repair said it could not fix this problem automatically I also did this command BCDEDIT at command prompt from my recovery options and if you look where it says WIndows Boot Loader It also says partition E Drive Should i change that to C or no that's normal Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows and lose all my data If someone can fix this willing to pay you via paypal I don't think my harddrive went bad or not working cause on System recovery options i clicked on add drivers and i can browse all the folders on E drive which when logged in on windows should be C Drive but everything seems to be there photo below

A:laptop won't boot to windows anymore.

There may be something wrong with your master boot record. The fixmbr command may help but wait until some more knowledgeable people chime in. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541126/laptop-wont-boot-to-windows-anymore/
Relevancy 44.72%

Experience: Familiar
usb doesn't recognise my usb modem anymore..........
on: Today at 01:59:23 AM i have 2 x usb modems that don't work anymore on my laptop.. i usually get "error 633" when i try to connect. when i called the isp, they said that it must be my usbs as they both work on another laptop i have. i have 4 usb connections on the laptop. how can i fix my usbs? any ideas? i have an acer laptop with vista..thankyou
i have 2 x usb modems that don't work anymore on my laptop.. i usually get "error 633" when i try to connect. when i called the isp, they said that it must be my usbs as they both work on another laptop i have. i have 4 usb connections on the laptop. how can i fix my usbs? any ideas? i have an acer laptop with vista..thankyou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-recognising-usb-modem-anymore.856998/
Relevancy 44.72%

this question's for my sister, actually, who wouldn't let me clean up all the crap on her laptop. i told her eventually the laptop would give up, but she didn't listen

okay, so it turns on, loads up for about 10 seconds, then shut's off. my brother's friend said he ran diagnostics and nothing showed as being wrong. i could be totally off with that, but i think that's what he said.

any ideas what should be done or what happened?

for reference, it's a dell laptop, about 2 years old, and runs on windows xp.

thanks!

A:Solved: Laptop's not starting up anymore

Does it get to the XP boot screen (ya'know, with the little green bar scrolling across the screen)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptops-not-starting-up-anymore.582027/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm using vista bit preinstalled My laptop was working fine today and while browsing the net a bsod appears with this stop messege quot STOP x F x x B CD x win sys quot I don't have a clue what that means so there was no other choice but to power down manually Right after restarting it just stays on the hp invent screen for about minutes with the writing light on then it goes to the intel boot agent and tries to establish a link saying it fails then exiting and it repeats I tried pressing F to get to the hard disk recovery partition but it just beeps so I restarted with the recovery disks I made and the only option from the recovery help....laptop boot won't Urgent anymore console is to restore to factory settings when I chose quot yes quot it gave an quot error a quot I also tried running the diagnostics test from the bios and it Urgent help....laptop won't boot anymore said there isn't any quot IDE device quot I have no idea what to do now my laptop is a little over years old and the warrenty expired Also everytime the laptop is turned on I can hear clicking noises from the HD clicks similar to a regular time watch with the hour Urgent help....laptop won't boot anymore and minute hands I did a full backup about a week ago too After trying the system recovery tools from the windows anytime upgrade cd none of them worked Command prompt window opens but it says quot x sources gt quot I'm using a different laptop at the moment Help please

A:Urgent help....laptop won't boot anymore

I'm afriad given that the laptop is "ticking" it sounds like the hard disk has failed :(

Enter the BIOS and reset everything to defaults and see if that has any effect. Also see if it will boot from a CD/DVD, thus at least you know the machine itself is working in a sense. Usually when hard disks start ticking they're dead or very close

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/urgent-help-laptop-wont-boot-anymore-429187.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I have an HP Pavilion dv or DV as HP refers it to and it won't turn on anymore My system has gigs of RAM and is an AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz I was originally using Windows Vista -bit Home Premium System Pack what it came with the system and I had upgraded to Vista please turn on help! laptop HP :( anymore, won't My DV6810 -bit I am not sure if my problem was caused by my upgrade of Vista or my system being too warm as I have been using it a lot and it My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :( has been getting hot and making loud noises but after I upgraded to the -bit Windows Vista Home Premium System Pack I was then going to the upgrade directly from the Windows to the Vista Ultimate which I had purchased earlier and not got around to update any of it with my schedule and after I did this it asked for me to restart my computer and as soon as I did poof It shut off and won't turn back on I read up on this online I took out the battery and adapter completely and clicked on the quot on quot or power button for seconds then put the battery back in and plugged it to no avail I then took out the RAM cards a -gig one and a -gig one to try to reset it still nothing I called HP tech support and they told me to reset the harddrive and how to do it and still same thing Everything is completely blank and my computer and nothing on it turns on does anyone know what it can be I have an identical computer I am using but I need that one to work and this is driving me crazy HP wants me to send it back to them but is there anything I can do to possibly fix this myself Thanks again in advance and I appreciate all of your help regarding this matter thanks again and hopefully I can fix this -sasss

A:My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :(

Hi sasss,

I'm sorry to hear this. I don't think that it is anything to do with your upgrade. You did, however, state:

Originally Posted by xxsassxx31

...my system being too warm (as I have been using it a lot and it has been getting hot and making loud noises)...

Heat, or rather excessive heat, is the enemy of all computers, especially laptops. The component which generates the most heat is the CPU, and it is vital that this heat is drawn away sufficiently quickly enough to ensure that the heat does not become excessive. In a tower system, this is not too much of a problem as there is usually plenty of room to install a decent heatsink and fan assembly. With laptops, it is a different matter. The load placed on the fans within a laptop is quite high and if warm air is expelled then cool air needs to be drawn in (the main reason why you need to keep the vents clear). Unfortunately, dust particles are also drawn in and these can stick on the fan blades and bearings, preventing the fan from working efficiently. In some cases, this can lead to increased noise from the fan as the bearings start to fail, and in extreme cases it can cease to work altogether.
If this is indeed the case, it is possible that your CPU has fried, although some do have temperature sensors which automatically power everything down if a certain threshold is reached. When you restart a computer, everything effectively turns off and then immediately turns back on. It is at this point that electronic components can fail (just like when you switch on a lamp) due to the sudden change in temperature caused by current flowing through it. This rise in temperature can be quite rapid, and it is possible that your laptop is automatically shutting down even before the display starts to come on.
You might be lucky, though, and find that the noise has in fact been coming from your HDD. Remove it, and see if your laptop starts (don't worry about not being able to find an OS).
Here is a link to the main support page for your laptop series. Please note that there are a number listed, so select the appropriate one.
Product search results

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228595-my-hp-dv6810-laptop-wont-turn-anymore-please-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,

I was helped here last time very thoroughly, and now I'm back.

I realize this is a pretty minor issue, or it seems like, but i've tried everything, resetting my connection from router to connect to wifi (yes all the buttons are enabled on side of laptop for wifi to be on)

I'm not quite sure what happened, and w/o wifi my laptop is literally useless.

I've tried everything that I know to do to fix it, when I hit "repair" option by right clicking the connection where it normally connects in bottom right, it just gets stuck on "renewing your IP address" but it reads that it's connected to everything, but without any internet function.

PC Specs

Dell latitude e6500
The system specs are:
Windows XP Ver 2002 SP3

Intel Core 2 duo cpu
[email protected]
2.24GHz 1.98GB RAM

A:Laptop won't let me connect to wifi anymore

Go over to your Modem and Wireless Router or if a combo device, and unplug them for 15 seconds and then plug them in. While waiting for all of the lights to come back on the router and modem, restart your computer.
Go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. In the Network Connections, you should see the Local Area Connection, and your WiFi connection. Right click it, and it is is disabled, Enable it. Then click Connect. You should see available wireless networks in the taskbar by the clock.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-let-me-connect-to-wifi-anymore-918066.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I'm very new to the board so I hope I placed this topic in the right forum For some reason I cannot connect to the internet anymore on my hp laptop It stopped working about a few months ago but I have other computers in the house so I just ignored it for a while hoping that it will just fix itself wishful thinking lol Every time I try to open up an internet browser the message quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot is the only thing that shows up What's even more strange is that there are other HP my not work Internet anymore laptop will on laptops in my house all running off of a wireless Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop internet router but they all connect to the Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop internet just fine I've tired rebooting the laptop restarting the internet etc I'm not a computer genius so it could be a number of Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop issues I don't know what's going on Some additional info -My laptop is a Microsoft XP Version Home Edition HP Pavillion dv -My computer has been currently set to automatically add updates -I recently updated my iTunes about two months ago and I can't place my purchased songs on my iPod because I can't connect to the iTunes store which requires internet connection -This is the only laptop that uses a Belkin N Wireless Notebook Card -I got rid of a virus off the computer last December but it did not affect my internet connection it still was working at the time -It says the wireless signal strength is excellent however it also says quot Wireless Network Connection is not connected quot I've tried repairing it but it wouldn't even do that -It also says quot Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged quot but I don't use any cords for this laptop anyway I use wireless internet for it -Here's what I got when I ran a Diagnostic log today hopefully it's readable Last diagnostic run time Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Broadcom b g WLAN MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Belkin N Wireless Notebook Card MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Connection Device Net Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType warn This machine has more than one Ethernet or more than one Wireless adapter info Redirecting user to support call HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection I'd appreciate any help that I can get Thanks so much in advance

A:Internet will not work anymore on my HP laptop

<<Local Area Connection: A network cable is unplugged", but I don't use any cords for this laptop anyway. I use wireless internet for it.>>

Probably indicates that your wired, onboard NIC is not connected. You can disable this in the BIOS, if you like.

As for your wireless connection...try deleting the connection and setting it up anew.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251649/internet-will-not-work-anymore-on-my-hp-laptop/