Windows Support Forum

Overclocking core i5 3450

Q: Overclocking core i5 3450

Hi,can I overclock i5 3450 from 3.1 ghz to at least 3.2 ghz with using only the stock cpu cooler?
I am using gigabyte b75d3h
I know the following points:-
1.3450 is "non-K" hence cannot be efficiently OCed
2.b75 is not suitable for OCing
3.only 0.1ghz increase wont bring any major improvement

I am doing doing it only for fun!
Also if I successfully OC to 3.2 ghz then will it perform like a 3470?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Overclocking core i5 3450

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Overclocking core i5 3450

Yes, that much of an overclock should not bring any major heat problems.

It's going to be a challenge without an unlocked chip, but you should be able to do it with. Happy overclocking :d

With the specs I've read on the two, besides the boost function it should perform on the same level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i5-3450.192780/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, the 3450 costs around 20$ more than the 2400, then which one should I buy??
Thanks in advance

A:Core i5-2400 vs i5-3450

I haven't compared performances but they should be comparable in performance. They i5-3450 is a die shrink and would consume less power. There is also better integrated graphics compared to the i5-2400.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-2400-vs-i5-3450.188899/
Relevancy 71.38%

as stated above, with regards to gaming, i have the 3450 quad core at 3.1ghz not over clocked, but alot of the games i play(racing) ask for a core 2 duo between 2.4 and 3.1 ghz, is there anything i should know?

and please don't tell me about what i don't have, im aware i don't have a hardcore gaming cpu but im not running online or competing against anyone but myself

A:Solved: whats the major difference between core 2 duo and an i5 3450

Those games where more than likely out before your 3450 was. Your 3450 is light years ahead of any core 2 duo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whats-the-major-difference-between-core-2-duo-and-an-i5-3450.1073086/
Relevancy 60.2%

Using a BFG Geforce 6200 OC pci Card, / GPU/NV44

Using Rivatuner 2.09, and i notice with alot of cards, its kinda impossible to overclock the core, is reason for this?
It doesn't do it with every card tho, because with the 2400 cards i can oc the core and the memory, but with this 6200 i can oc the memory from 266 to 400-450 or 475, however the core i get the BSOD.

OC the memory is good tho right?

A:Overclocking the Core

I've never tried to overclock a PCI video card before, perhaps the bus can't handle core ratings that are out of factory spec? I might just be the driver though, have you tried installing different drivers with the same overclock?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-the-core.111340/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a i7 860 cpu with 8gb of corsair ram at 1600 clock speeds.
I have a 750 watt psu and a intel p55wg motherboard.
I want to overclock this as high and stable as possible and I have overclocked many amd proccessors but never intel.

Any help would be great, I have found reviews and guides but they dont make much sense. Sorry for bad english this is written on my phone.

A:Core i7-860 CPU overclocking

Saw this one my phone, be home in twenty minutes. Shouldn't be hard to oc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-860-cpu-overclocking.186246/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have recently started putting together a core i5 rig:

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz cpu

Asus P7P55D Pro LGA Mobo

G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1600 memory

Corsair 650 Watt psu

WD Caviar Black 750GB hdd

I'm still up in the air on which gpu I'll be getting, (torn between the HD 4870 1GB, and GTX 275 896GB), but that's another issue. Anyways, I've read on http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/intel_corei5750_corei7870/4.htm
that the i5 can be safely overclocked to over 4Ghz. I'm not sure I need to go that high and would like to stay around 3.6-3.8Ghz. I also saw this video
on overclocking the i5. My question is, does anyone think this video and the overclockersclub site have any validity? I haven't overclocked a PC in about 4 years (which is how old my last desktop, prior to the i5 rig, is).

A:Overclocking my Core i5

You could read the article Overclocking Intel's Core i5-750 & i7-870. It might give you a better idea.

Overclockers Club is a trusted website.

EDIT: Here, I found another one. It discusses your motherboard as well I guess. Overclocking Intel's Core i5 750.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-my-core-i5.135556/
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok, I currently have my BLCK Frequency set to 160x20 which is 3.2ghz...

Cpu-z Reads my core at 3200mhz, but windows does not?!

Relevancy 59.77%

So i was tweaking my
Nvidia Geforce 6800 xt the other day using riva tuner and

well i deceded that maybe i was pushing it wen the core temp was 82* celcious. durring a bit of gamming

im just wondering if anyone has any input about whats a safe temp for the core to be @ . The card is getting a little slow for the stuff that im doing and i just want a bit more performance.
It idles @ 54 degrees

A:GPU core temps and overclocking

That is totally safe temp my friend. They can withstand up to 100c and work just fine, although the life might be shortened just a tad bit.

82c on load is great. Nothing to worry about, your idle is perfectly normal this is what everyone gets....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-core-temps-and-overclocking.126338/
Relevancy 59.77%

Core i overclocking guide Related links How to Overclock C Q-Quads-C D-Duals Written by monkey Ever since the i was first mentioned the rumour machine about overclocking it has been spinning at full speed The first rumour was that overclocking would be impossible because of the removal of the good old FSB leaving the overclockers with overclocking i7 guide 920/940 Core nothing to increase After the first rush of panic people started to actually think about what would replace the FSB base clock BCLK Increasing this would increase the overall clock right Right After the lifting of the NDA and on some dubious sites before the overclocking results were released An average core i gHz turned out to be able to overclock nearly a full gHz But removal of the FSB and the introduction of the BCLK means a lot more chances Everything is linked to the BCLK which has confused quite a lot of the old school overclockers Just to sort that out and set new overclockers on the right path I've written this guide to core i overclocking First of all neither me nor overclock d is responsible for the damage you might do to your components following this guide Step preparation To overclock properly you should first inform yourself about the risks and advantages of overclocking I will not Core i7 920/940 overclocking guide be writing this all out but this is the short version Risks - Shortened life of components when giving more volts than specified - Extremely shortened life of components when giving an extreme voltage - System instability - You could contract the Megahurtz fever Disadvantages - Additional heat output Advantages - Higher FPS in CPU based games - More F H ppd - Higher benchmark scores Does overclocking really increase performance Core i7 920/940 overclocking guide Yes it does Just look at the CPU scores below program used DMark vantage advanced At stock This image has been resized Click this bar to view the full image The original image is sized x At gHz This image has been resized Click this bar to view the full image The original image is sized x With a difference of about points this would represent a considerable increase in CPU based gaming performance Having read this you should start concentrating on the theory behind core i overclocking The system is pretty easy you have a base clock BCLK to which everything is linked using multipliers This base clock can be adjusted from to in steps of Stock is Multipliers The following multipliers are available - CPU With the this is - x - QPI link slow The QPI isn't really important for singlecpu systems but keep it below - gHz as most seem to be bugging out around that range - Memory x Well quite obvious Make sure your ram is running as fast as possible but don't overdo it Voltages When pushing hardware over its rated specifications it will most likely need more voltage to run properly The following major voltages are available on the i - vCore This is the juice going through the actual core Stock Max safe Max extreme somewhere around - VTT asus names it different This voltage is going through the memory multiplier which is now integrated into the processor unit Stock - Max safe Max extreme somewhere around - vDIMM is going through the memory Stock - Max safe Max extreme VTT or VTT Energy savings As all experienced clockers know Intel has some features built into their CPU's that lets them use less power when idling Overclockers however are not interested in that power consumption at all and those features go at the cost of stability The following features are recommended to be turned off - C E state - SpeedStep HyperThreading Revived from the old P days is hyperThreading HT HT basically means that a core is pretending to be two cores In the i series Intel decided to have the cpu act like an octo core while being quad This feature could be very useful in truely multithreaded applications but seems to make the cpu require additional vCore As long as you are not an extreme clocker or single dua... Read more

A:Core i7 920/940 overclocking guide

I have hte 965 now - it is just a matter of time to find quality components and save up the money for them - Still agonizing over the monetary crunch, but hopefully I'll get to take mine to some nice OCs....

http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/5772-core-i7-920-940-overclocking-guide.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I have a Core Duo E running at stock speed of GHz Default multiplier is and the base clock frequency is MHz I have sticks of GB Corsair DDR RAM the MHz XMS with DHX I have not done any overclocking for years Me and overclocking go back to DIP switches and jumpers Multipliers and FSB is all that I remember I have not done any quot modern quot or quot laid back quot overclocking where you just hit DEL and fiddle around with parameters in the BIOS system settings or where you navigate a mouse cursor in a UEFI enabled GUI based config screen or the quot push button quot OC that many high-end motherboards have these days Personally I feel that s barely E4500? a 2 Core Help overclocking Duo with overclocking at all it should be a bit more involved process than Help with overclocking a Core 2 Duo E4500? that Help with overclocking a Core 2 Duo E4500? that s part of the fun Help with overclocking a Core 2 Duo E4500? So even though I m familiar with the subject I am still a beginner I guess now I m being modes I have been out of the loop really I didn t feel a need to overclock any of my recent hardware But this one is old now so I thought I would try giving it a push and see what happens How much abuse can these RAM sticks take How much faster can they run How much voltage can they take They are rated at Volt and the timing is - - - How can I achieve a FSB to DRAM ratio What are these quot strapping quot schemes I see in my system BIOS Like A B C and D I have the Gigabyte M I T Intelligent Tweaker menu and it has these little arrows for each strapping row in the details pane pointing to a FSB number It s something like this Code xxxA - gt FSB xxxB - gt FSB xxxC - gt FSB xxxD - gt FSB don't know If I know anything at all a ration of would mean that you have the base clock and the DRAM clock running at the same speed Am I right So with a base clock of MHz a DRAM at MHz I really have a ratio Correct How I figure Because of QDR MHz means that FSB is running MT s and because of DDR MHz is really MT s So again is a to ratio achievable with this combination of CPU and RAM And do I have to consider the letters and quot strapping quot I pointed out above Must I use the quot C quot for FSB Can t I use an A or a B I believe that is as low as I can go on RAM but if recon it s not a quot C quot strap So I wonder if I can use it anyway I think the FSB to DRAM ratio confuses a lot of people but I think I got the grasp of it Hey let me know how I m doing so far What adds to the confusion is QDR and DDR You have to know how to divide apples with apples and pears with pears and not apples with pears or pears with apples to get the ratio right I will keep you posted For the moment I would like your tips suggestions recommendations experience etc Throw it at me please What is your experience with overclocking Core Duo processors What settings have you been using with what processor and RAM combination I would appreciate that a lot I know that not all processors are the same and all that but give me something to refer to nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I m trying to learn how to overclock my CPU in my motherboard bios but the only tutorial I can find is this one for a p blood Overclocking e8400 2 Duo. Core iron board http www fransatech com whats-new -wolfdale-how-to-reach- ghz-with-air html My motherboard is a Gigabyte S-series GA-G AMF-S I am using a Intel Core Duo e How do I learn how to do this for my configuration I tried to work out where the settings would be in my bios but most of them weren t the same as in the tut provided In particular my bios doesn t seem to support the same kind of control over voltages but has some settings Detailed setup Mobo Gigabyte S-series GA-G AMF-S Ram mhz ddrii gb CPU Intel Core Duo e Mobo info http www giga-byte com Products Motherboard Products Spec aspx ProductID OS Windows Overclocking e8400 Core 2 Duo. XP Pro SP Graphics XFX gt mb PCIE xxx edition PSU w v a CPU Current temperature degrees c at idle I suppose I m aiming for ghz but I know it can do ghz I Overclocking e8400 Core 2 Duo. don t want to push it too much because I probably bought the best graphics card my psu could handle so I don t know how much extra power it could handle PS I m currently reading Kursah s post here on Overclocking so I amtrying to learn what I can Please forgive me if some specifications are missing I can t remember my PSU voltages for example except the main one v channel a http forums techpowerup com showthread php t nbsp

A:Overclocking e8400 Core 2 Duo.

"I suppose I'm aiming for 4ghz but I know it can do 4.3ghz"
First, you can never know what your CPU is capable of. It depends on the one specific unit you have at hand. You will have to oc by setting it a little higher (~100 MHz total at a time) and running a stability test (for exapmle prime95 stress test) and seeing if it stable, then again setting a bit higher, and testing. Going with this procedure until you have a error or crash during the test. Then, you'll set it back to the previous, last working setting. Or mess with the voltages, but that'll increase the risk of breaking or frying stuff greatly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-e8400-core-2-duo.743196/
Relevancy 59.77%

hello guys i work on 3d max rendering so i would like to over clock my processor,, details are here
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4087 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1), 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 251637 MB, Free - 177759 MB; D: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 92262 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 71 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, FX58M

so would this be good idea to overclock and would this help to speed up things?

your help would be really charm in my work
thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

I am thinking about overclocking my CPU to minimize a possible bottleneck when i put in my new crossfire ASUS Radeon 6970 DirectCU II 2GB cards, should i be putting it up to 4GHZ?

Oh and if you don't know already the standard clock of the 950 is 3.06GHz, i also have a CoolerMaster V10 to cool the CPU so heat shouldn't be a problem

A:Overclocking Core i7-950 processor

DKRON said:

...should i be putting it up to 4GHZ?Click to expand...

That kind of depends on the chip. Always best to OC incrementally. Some chips don't overclock well, some do, and some will but might need a bucketload of voltage tossed into the CPU and chipset. The first couple of 950's I tried OC'ed moderately well, but required close to 1.4v to get them there. The chip I now use won't OC as high (~3.8-3.9) but does so at good voltage (~1.18-1.2v)

DKRON said:

Oh and if you don't know already the standard clock of the 950 is 3.06GHz, i also have a CoolerMaster V10 to cool the CPU so heat shouldn't be a problemClick to expand...

The V10 is a good air cooler. The TEC doesn't work overly effectively until the heat production starts ramping up. Overall it's going to be no more effective than a top-tier air cooler (i.e. Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright Archon) or closed loop all-in-one watercooler (i.e. Corsair H80/H100, Antec Kuhler 920) so keep an eye on the temps during stability/stress testing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i7-950-processor.176255/
Relevancy 59.77%

can i oc core2duo e6400 @2.13ghz? how can i oc it and what is its maximum fsb that it will be stable.. thanks in advance...

A:Overclocking Core 2 Duo E6400

Yes.

Depends on your board, cooling, voltages, individual cpu...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-2-duo-e6400.162698/
Relevancy 59.77%

Any one that can help me on a 1 on 1 basis to over clock my duo core 2 2.6 ghz processor i will be more than greatful to throw you a little something in paypal if your willing to work with me on a 1 on 1 basis to do this let me know asap and how i can contact you thanks a lot.

A:Help with overclocking duo core 2 2.6 ghz processor

Any one over clocked a core 2 duo 2.6 ghz?

if so what ghz seems to do the trick to keep it stable ive read around 3.6 ghz is pretty good and if so mind helping me doing this cause ive never did this befor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-overclocking-duo-core-2-2-6-ghz-processor.69629/
Relevancy 58.91%

hey I have a zalman CNPS7700-AICu fan on my cpu runng around 40C. Can you tell me how much i can over clock it and what celsius should it be ?
thanks

A:Overclocking my E8400 Intel duo core

I find that about a 20% overclock is usually safe. If you are one of those who likes to squeeze out every mhz. possible, be careful. You would do well to look up your ram modules and how much extra voltage that they can handle. Look up your CPU @ Intel and find out the absolute highest operating temp that is safe. Study all of it. I have gotten to the point where safe temps and stable operation have become my goal. Computers have gotten so fast now that I can't even see a screen come up...it's just there! Once your machine is this blindingly fast, you lose the urge to go faster. It doesn't make any visible difference. Safe temps are number 1.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-my-e8400-intel-duo-core.108830/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was wondering if any of you guys had a recommendation for an excellent overclocking board for a core 2 duo E4300. I have been looking at the Asus P5b and the Gigabyte 965 series. I have already tried an msi with poor results with this cpu. Thanks for the response.

A:Motherboard for overclocking Core 2 duo E4300

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3. Cheap and a good overclocker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-overclocking-core-2-duo-e4300.72419/
Relevancy 58.91%

Check my specs for extra hardware info It Overclocking 920 and memory Core GSkill i7 seems as if I never can find someone that wants to run the same specs as me or if they do they don t want to overclock both at the same time I m trying to get my core i to run somewhere between and x or x while at the same time I Overclocking Core i7 920 and GSkill memory m looking to get my G Skill memory to run at MHz Getting my memory to run at MHz is easy by using the settings in the XMP profile but something is wrong somewhere because I always BSOD after about an hour So my assumption is that the XMP profile is for similar but not the same memory I have tried the info at G Skills website stating that I need to use these settings to get them to run at MHz Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual CPU Ratio Setting - Intel SpeedStep Tech - Disabled BCLK Overclocking Core i7 920 and GSkill memory Frequency - DRAM Frequency - DDR - UCLK Frequency - MHz QPI Link Data Rate - AUTO DRAM Timing Control CAS Latency - tRCD - tRP - tRAS - Command Rate - N CPU Voltage - V CPU PLL Voltage - V QPI DRAM Core Voltage - V IOH Voltage - V IOH PCIE Voltage - V ICH Voltage - V ICH PCIE Voltage - V DRAM Bus Voltage - V Load Line Calibration - DisabledClick to expand I ve also tried using N and N for Command Rate with no success If you don t already know I know nothing of how to overclock with this new architecture so I came here looking for some help If anyone could help me get my memory to run at the stated OC specs then that should be good enough But if possible I would like to OC my i at the same time Anyway thanks ahead of time King nbsp

A:Overclocking Core i7 920 and GSkill memory

Have you tried running your RAM at 1600Mhz to see if it will still BSOD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i7-920-and-gskill-memory.148020/
Relevancy 58.91%

Alright I know people already posted this crap up about overclocking the e but I still get hell confused about this Right now I know this is bottlenecking crap when I did futuremark d tester cause only got fps on cpu test Here is my PC specs Motherboard- Nforce i sli cpu- intel e ghz duo fsb Ram- ddr kingston x gigs - - - Video Card- PNY geforce gtx sound card- turtle beach montego Power supply- Antec watt and not sure what model OS-Windows bit I never did overclocking B until i bought this comp for under bucks Um I did video card first cause people say that was the safest to overclock an 2 2.4 Overclocking Core Duo ghz E6600 Intel So downloaded rivatuner and pretty much overclock it the Overclocking an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 ghz same way other people did with stock fan I get about to fps extra than after awhile it drops a butt load Never gets hotter than c so its not getting hot But the biggest thing still I want to overclock my CPU to a decent speed I am pretty sure this is my fan for the CPU ZALMAN CNPS AT Overclocking an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 ghz Ball CPU Cooling Fan Heatsink Alright can any one give me a step by step to get it up to a decent speed I found this website and this guy got hes pretty fast nbsp

A:Overclocking an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 ghz

what was wrong with the article i linked to specifically OC'ing the e6600? It shows you how to get from 2.8ghz-3.7ghz and the voltages and FSB settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-an-intel-core-2-duo-e6600-2-4-ghz.148531/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I have a Core i7-3930K CPU that runs normally at 3.20GHz. When I did a stress test it got up to 3.80 GHz I'm guessing due to Intel's Turbo Boost Technology. But anyway I want to over clock it at least into the 4GHz Range. I Have a Liquid Cooler installed in my rig, so temperature isn't really a problem. Do you have any tips to overclock my CPU? Or even a profile that I could load up in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility app. Or maybe even a whole new easier to use application. I've been kinda hesitant to overclock for fear of braking my rig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Overclocking an Core i7-3930K Processor?

I've been kinda hesitant to overclock for fear of braking my rig.Click to expand...

If that is the case, then do not overclock. There is NO safe overclock. All overclocking entails some degree of risk.

Since this a "k" processor, you just up the multiplier in small amounts and test for stability with prime95 or OCCT. I turn OFF the turbo boost when doing this however that is up to you.

I have one rule regarding overclocking. "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-an-core-i7-3930k-processor.1100468/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 processor and want to get more out of it...

I have looked at some videos on YouTube and they use the BIOS to change the settings but my BIOS chipset area have none of these options and not even close to the options on the videos.

Is there a program I can use to overclock this?

Thanks.

A:Overclocking my Intel Core 2 Q6600

Originally Posted by robotronik

Hi, I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 processor and want to get more out of it...

I have looked at some videos on YouTube and they use the BIOS to change the settings but my BIOS chipset area have none of these options and not even close to the options on the videos.

Is there a program I can use to overclock this?

Thanks.

Hi robotronik...... welcome to the forum

there are a few apps which allow you to alter the FSB running through your chip, but i don't recommend them AT ALL!!

the problem you will have is the lac of voltage adjustment, this will result in a rig that fails to post very quickly..... you would then need to enter your tower & ''manually'' reset the CMOS to defaults via a tiny jumper on the motherboard itself, which on a pre-built unit will be a pig to say the least....
not too mention your RAM either frying or stopping the post, b/c as you raise the FSB your RAM frequency also increases & the likelihood is your components wont like being pushed passed stock speeds, while the Q6600 will revel at being OCed, the rest of your rig is not built for it...

i can link you to the said programs, but be prepared for a ''paper weight tower''
''dont do it''...... if your interested in OCing use the rig you have to research & purchase the components for a dedicated build, & then whip out your Q6600 once youve built it & buy a cheap 775 chip to go back in the old rig..

SK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216141-overclocking-my-intel-core-2-q6600.html
Relevancy 58.91%

In a couple of weeks I will be ordering parts to build a system for a friend I want as much stable performance combo? 2 which Core CPU/Chipset - Overclocking Duo as possible for the dollar I have been reading articles about overclocking Core Duo processors Core 2 Duo Overclocking - which CPU/Chipset combo? The multipliers for these CPU s are locked and default settings are e x e x e x e x The less expensive processors having higher multipliers means that Core 2 Duo Overclocking - which CPU/Chipset combo? the motherboard does not have to be capable of excessively high FSB settings in order to get a high clock speed from the CPU Therefore money can be saved on the motherboard The higher multiplier also means that the memory can run at a reasonable frequency and remain in sync with the CPU s FSB Thus quot overclocker s memory quot is not necessary and money can be saved here also Here are some articles that are related to the topic http www xbitlabs com articles cpu display core duo-e html http www xbitlabs com articles cpu display core duo-e html http www anandtech com showdoc aspx i amp p http www anandtech com showdoc aspx i amp p http www tomshardware com is nforce the mainstream master index html Basically I am posting to ask if anyone has any expertise they could share concerning this topic My research has been a bit confusing Articles are not comprehensive no articles comparing all chipsets or all processors and changes in the market make somewhat writings unreliable I wish there were some simple and comprehensive roundups out there that stayed updated So if anyone has expertise in this area and can lay out the essential information for the rest of us and give the ideal high-performance budget solution for Core Duo overclocking which I know exists much thanks to you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-2-duo-overclocking-which-cpu-chipset-combo.573574/
Relevancy 58.91%

I`ve seen a video in Youtube where the user overclocks his E2220 (that is my CPU model) from 2.4Ghz to 3.16Ghz. I got a question: after overclocking will I need a new cooling fan????

A:Intel Dual Core Overclocking

Hello AlOnan,
If you can OC your CPU to anything near that, then you will have to change the stock cooling to something a bit more efficient.
Was the CPU in the video on air or liquid cooling ?.

To keep an eye on your temps, download SpeedFan.

Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271520-intel-dual-core-overclocking.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am looking to overclock my Core 2 Duo E6550 on a ASUS P5K motherboard which is currently running at it's stock speed of 2.33GHz. I have been reading up on it and have an understanding of how to achieve the overclock but what I am not sure of is what I could get away with and what I should be changing the values to in the BIOS. I have attached a report of my hardware which I created through AIDA for anyone who is willing to help me out and needs extra information. I would also like to add that this overclock will be a short term thing as I will be upgrading to a new motherboard, ram and an i5 processor in the next few weeks. I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi! Ive had my e8400 for some time now and have been running it on 3,6GHz (It is stock 3GHz) basicly since i got it. Recently i got a new cpu cooler, Cooler master V8, and want to overclock more. Im pretty new to overclocking, but i looked around the net and found a guide that i followed and got to 4GHz. I did so by changing FSB to 445 and Core Voltage to 1.4, it says 1.384 in CPU-Z. I was wondering if this is a safe voltage to run at? I have read somewhere that you shouldnt get above 1.35V. If so, can i run 4GHz with that voltage? or is it nothing to worry about?
Any additional hints and tips is apriciated!

Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 58.91%

I am debating whether to buy and Intel Core 2 Duo e6750/e6850 or AMD Athlon AMD FX-62. I am leaning toward the AMD, but I want to know how to overclock both and overclock my memory. I will buy a Zalman CNPS 9700 to keep it cool. Could someone help me overclock it?

A:Overclocking AMD Athlon FX-62 or Core 2 Duo e6750

The very first rule of overclocking; do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace.

The next thing [if you decide you can replace your parts] is to start reading and learning. Overclocking requires high end parts so do not expect to overclock with say a pcchips motherboard, cheap power supply etc.

It would help if you posted links to the parts you intend to purchase.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-amd-athlon-fx-62-or-core-2-duo-e6750.612382/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ultimate Core i Overclocking Guide -- We Push Nehalem to its Limits Here s everything you need to know about overclocking Intel s new CPU Overclocking can i7 Core Ultimate Guide Overclocking kill your CPU It can corrupt your OS melt your motherboard and cause you to lose a month s work or more Despite those dire orange-alert warnings however overclocking has moved on from the Nerd s Only Club to become practically a mainstream hobby in the last few years So why overclock Ultimate Core i7 Overclocking Guide if the risks are so great For some folks it s about bragging rights Like drag-strip racers who burn up an engine just to set a quarter-mile record there s a small community who will overclock a CPU to the brink of destruction just to run a benchmark and take a screen shot of the result The bulk of overclockers however are more concerned with the cost dividends If you can take a CPU and make it as fast or faster than one that costs the money you save can go toward other components in your system For these folks it s like getting a free high-end videocard Whether you re a cheapskate or a drag racer you ll find that Intel s new Core i CPU is unlike any previous Intel CPU and overclocking this beast requires more tinkering than you might expect Follow along as we explore what it takes to push this chip hard A Brave New World -- The crumbling of the front-side-bus wall means a wholesale change in how you overclock Intel s top parts Veteran Intel overclockers know that little about the process changed since the beginning Like the basics of flying stick rudder ball all you had to worry about with an Intel processor was the front-side bus clock multiplier and core voltage Not so with Core i With Intel retiring the front-side bus you ll need to brush up on your overclocking skills and concepts if you want to get the highest-performing overclock out of the Godzilla of CPUs Read more at Ultimate Core i Overclocking Guide -- We Push Nehalem to its Limits Maximum PC

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220311-ultimate-core-i7-overclocking-guide.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I am a newbie overclocker . So recently I have been trying to get my Intel 2 Duo e8200 (originally 2.6 ghz) to 3.7 ghz. As of now I have been able to get it up to 3.4 ghz without having to increase my ram voltage. So in my bios I am given the option to increase my DDr2 reference voltage my increments of 10mhz. I am wondering what the safe ranges are for ram voltage. Can anybody give me a good idea of what I should do next. And yes I have already run stress test on my cpu.

A:Overclocking Intel Core 2 Duo E8200

i had Intel 2 Duo e8200 and i know a lot about this cpu so i personally don't recommend to overclock your cpu more than 3.4 Ghz to avoid heat and unstable or failure system and that's could damage your cpu , ram or mainboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-intel-core-2-duo-e8200.171758/
Relevancy 58.91%

I want to get a Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz to put in a gaming pc that I'm building, and a lot of the reviews and game related stuff I see about it talks about overclocking it. Can't a Core 2 Duo at that speed run games at high settings without having to overclock? I don't know anything much about overclocking except that it can be risky so I'm curious.

Relevancy 58.48%

I just recently got through overclocking an Athlon X system to ghz and thought I might share my experiences in case it might help someone not encounter all the trouble I went through haha First off here are the specs I started out with Gigabyte K N-SLI apparently not the best board to OC with but it worked in the end Athlon X Week stock ghz per core Antec Neo HE w power supply in Core a Dual Adventures Overclocking 64 Athlon with BFG Geforce GT OC stock x mb of OCZ Platinum PC stock mhz CL - - Random Soundblaster Live that was laying around the house Linksys Wireless card Windows XP x edition OK so the board starts out at mhz with a x multiplier for Hypertransport speed for a total of mhz This as I found out after days Adventures in Overclocking with a Dual Core Athlon 64 of trial and error is the key to any overclocking walls with this particular setup My initial attempts involved simply raising the mhz bit by Adventures in Overclocking with a Dual Core Athlon 64 bit First to then a quick round of benchmarks Adventures in Overclocking with a Dual Core Athlon 64 then and a quick round of benchmarks So far so good Wham It hits the fan Board won t even get past the POST screen at I tried raising the timings of the memory in case it was simply a bad set as OCZ is particularly known for being able to go beyond stock at the tight timings it is rated at - no go I tried lowering the CPU multiplier no go I tried raising all the voltages no go On a somewhat related note this board does not allow you to specify exact voltages for anything except the CPU The chipset DDR and HT voltage settings are only expressed in values of n - the maximum for which is and respectively and all of which I have set to maximum The CPU can go anywhere from v to v in varying increments so I attempted a massive v overvolt on the CPU to get it to emit any signs of life Don t try this at home In fact I wouldn t even recommend that I try that anymore Cause it still didn t work Then it dawned on me that the HT might be sensitive to overclocking so I lower it down to x Damn Lower it down to x x x x Still nothing Then I hit the bottom of the barrel x essentially bringing the HT bus to the same level as a regular old DDR FSB Well whaddya know It posts And boots And benchmarks quite nicely I start getting a little crazy and pumping up the FSB goes by without incident I stop at and check to make sure everything is stable - folding home Prime Sandra dmark etc because I just like the number incidentally that s faster than the first CPU that I recall being fast - the Pentium and ironically enough that s as high as the board will go So at this point I m still wondering if there is any possible way to squeeze more juice out of it now that I ve hit the RAM s expected wall I read on OCZ support forums that mhz is typically the highest that this particular model will go There is a feature on my board to run the RAM at a different clock speed vs the FSB and I expect that any decent board not made to put in a Compaq computer will be able to use this feature I made use of it to run the RAM divider at and started on my FSB pumping journey again All whizzed by with no problems outside of the occasional needing to bump the voltage on the CPU At this point I was quite satisfied with the overclocking performance of my processor and board as benchmarks went by without a hitch and the system was noticeably snappier - even moreso than when I initially installed it having known previously only a single CPU system with generic RAM at crap timings I decided to push it to the very limit FSB leaving the RAM at the max due to the divider - and overclock the video card as well Since I had already found out the video card s maximums before I started going nuts on everything else this part was rather painless A quick run of the NVTray application to enable Coolbits overclocking on my new Windows install then I go in and crank it up to mhz core ghz memory apparently not the best overclock for the... Read more

A:Adventures in Overclocking with a Dual Core Athlon 64

What an excellent read fury.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adventures-in-overclocking-with-a-dual-core-athlon-64.41752/
Relevancy 58.48%

So i finally sold my Pentium D setup and got in all of my + into adventures Core pics. overclocking architecture, my parts to build my Core Duo setup Here s what i m running along with some pictures of my hardware and some screen captures I ll explain my problems later Thanks to RangerXLT from xtremesystems org my adventures into Core architecture, overclocking + pics. for helping me learn a little about oc-ing my previous overclocking rig was a at ghz so this is a my adventures into Core architecture, overclocking + pics. huge jump for me I ve given up on netburst architecture for anything more my adventures into Core architecture, overclocking + pics. than a decent workstation or pc for my mom Processor Intel Core Duo E Motherboard Gigabyte GA- P-DS Memory G Skill x gb F - CL D- GBPK Video Card XFX GT mb Hard Drive WD gb Raptor SATA Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda gb Optical Drive NEC- a DVD -RW Optical Drive Samsung CD-RW Case Thermaltake Mambo Power Supply Ultra X-Connect w CPU HSF Scythe Ninja Plus mm North Bridge HSF Thermalright HR- Case Fans x Scythe DF mm Floppy Drive Mitsumi mb G Skill GBPK XFX GT mb Thermalright HR- NB HSF Gigabyte GA- P-DS w Retail E week Scythe Ninja Plus HSF s mounted on board nbsp

A:my adventures into Core architecture, overclocking + pics.

74gb Raptor

Everything mounted and ready to go in

All mounted into a Thermaltake Mambo, ready to fire up (cable management sucks, my friend is gonna help me with it.)

[email protected], 380x7, 1.4125 vCore, 5-5-5-15 1:1

CS:Source Stress Test

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-adventures-into-core-architecture-overclocking-pics.59015/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey i read the post you had on the e6700 series chipset and i was wondering if i were to follow the same overclocking instructions that you had for that chip if it would work correctly for me?? here is the link to the article.
http://www.techspot.com/article/13-intel-core2duo-e6300-e6700-overclocking/

I am fairly new to overclocking, have done tons of research, and gotten different answeres and misconceptions on OCing. A question that i have never really gotten a clear answer on is,Does overclocking reduce the longevity of the processor tremendeously?

And is there a smiliar guide to the link above specific for my processor

A:overclocking intel core duo e6600 series

Do you have a stock cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-intel-core-duo-e6600-series.61426/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have the following system:

e6300
P5B vanilla
Corsair (CM2X512A-6400) 512 Mb DDR2 XMS2-6400
FSP Blue Storm 500W

Could I use the settings from the article in my title:
http://www.techspot.com/article/13-intel-core2duo-e6300-e6700-overclocking/page2.html

or do I not have the RAM capable of reaching this?

As you might of guessed im new to o/cing and would really appreciate any help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-duo-e6300-and-e6700-overclocking.67300/
Relevancy 58.48%

Having just replaced my heatsync with the Artic Freezer Pro I have become intrigued by the idea of overclocking for Intel Overclocking Core 2 Duo Motherboard E6300 my PC as the cheapest way to improve my system s performance Not having any money this would seem to be like a good way to increase my system s life-span and I thought that I would ask for help I understand that I will have to replace my motherboard for something more OCing friendly and will probably have Motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Overclocking to replace my memory too although the ideal would be to be able to buy another Gb to take the memory to Gb but this might be impractical Having installed the new fan which is brilliantly quiet I have downloaded SpeedFan which offers FSB speed changes but other motherboards Motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Overclocking have have their own OCing management interface for total novices like me Having Motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Overclocking done some basic research it would seem that achieving Hgz is well within the bounds of possibility stability is more important than pushing the envelope but it will very much depend on the cost of getting there Any advice that you guys can offer on a choice of motherboard and the settings that I would need to look at using would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Overclocking

i would suggest against overclocking if you want to increase lifespan because oc'ing runs the pc at more than its made for making it work harder and it will make your hardware and stuff start breaking sooner rather than later. also changing a mobo is a huge pain so i would just oc the ram and change your fsb in bios but do it in small increments to avoid death. don't fry anything now!
good luck hope it works out for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-intel-core-2-duo-e6300-overclocking.141547/
Relevancy 58.48%

http www pcper com article php aid Any of you guys oc d your s This is an article on overclocking this chip it seems pretty impressive and I ve been reading similar articles around the net This is the last paragraph of this article Speaking of overclocking I can t help but be incredibly impressed by the results we saw here While reaching GHz with 64 Overclocking w/Venice Athlon 3200 Core an Athlon has been done before Overclocking Athlon 64 3200 w/Venice Core I don t know if the same can be said about not having to increase the voltage or upgrade the cooling The really hardcore overclockers are surely reading this licking their lips with their phase change coolers in one hand and the other hand on their mouse searching for a Venice CPU to buy Who could pass up a frequency overclock for basically nothing I ve never oc d but that sounds mighty tempting I know I know don t oc unless you know what you re doing but after reading this I m considering doing some research and giving it a try I m sure I can get plenty of advice from this board and others Oh yeah I have an ASUS A N mb which are supposed to be quot oc-friendly quot Any input appreciated Harold nbsp

A:Overclocking Athlon 64 3200 w/Venice Core

This isn't something I think we should walk you through, do your research.
Just keep in mind, OC little by little, and watch your temps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-athlon-64-3200-w-venice-core.433685/
Relevancy 58.48%

i've been trying to find out how far i can push the amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+ running at 2.2GHz on a ECS C51PVGM-GB Version 1.0 Motherboard.

I attached the complete specs i got through running dxdiag in command prompt.

I really dont kno where to even start with overclocking this CPU so whatever anyone could do would be much appreciated.....:grinthumb

A:Help overclocking my Athlon 4200 64 dual core

How far you can push a CPU depends on a myriad of factors. Your cooling system. The CPU architecture. The CPU manufacturing process. Whether you are willing to overvolt or not. And often, luck.

dxdiag won't provide you with any of that information. You should use CPU-Z to get that information and then determine what options your motherboard has available to you for altering things like the FSB speed, HTT link speed and divider, et cetera.

Brush up a bit on the CPU itself first before you mess with it.

The ECS board won't provide you much room for altering anything anyway, as it is designed to be an entry level board with not a lot of option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-overclocking-my-athlon-4200-64-dual-core.109899/
Relevancy 58.48%

hey yall, i come here whenever i have a problem, and you always are very helpful. so i come with a relatively simple problem. i just bought an intel quad core q9550 2.83ghz cpu. but whenever i start up, it says its running at 2.67ghz. my question is this: how can i clock it up to the specified amount (i have never attempted an overclock before, so i appeal to your collective years of wisdom).

A:Overclocking of an intel q9550 quad core

HI Darth,
I have an idea what it might be. have you checked in your bios to see what your multiplier is set at? i suspect it might be at 8. and i think you have a place where you can fine tune and add that .5 to the multiplier. another thought is that the dynamic energy saver, is changing the X down and up to 8.5 under load. im a AMD guy, but i have heard of this. im sure one of the more lernid in here will be more specific.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-of-an-intel-q9550-quad-core.113034/
Relevancy 58.48%

If anyone out there knows how to overclock a E6300 on Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH could you please reply. I have never overclocked and would like to know the proper way of performing it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 57.62%

So far I have overclocked it to 2.73 ghz (non overclocked 2.50ghz) it was my first time overclocking... Can go any farther (3.00) when im using only the fan that came with the cpu with out the cpu overheating or shutting down?

I have a 500w psu

A:Overclocking a Intel Pentium Dual core e5200

get a better cpu heatsink and fan before u start. that is a must for over clocking. next go here and read all stickiesin the intel section before asking questions.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/

I am just editing to put another link for u to read

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=79266

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-a-intel-pentium-dual-core-e5200.113219/
Relevancy 57.62%

Greetings, i recently bought Geforce gtx570, but i kept my old extreme dual core processor, but i get the feeling that its holding me back a little, so i intend to overclock it. Im still using the old stock heat sink and fan that came with it, but i intend to buy a better one for overclock.

Right now by default, it is running on 266Mhz FSB and 11x ratio, power frequency of 2926.00 Mhz and target 1602.02Mhz.
I have gigabyte P43T-ES3G motherboard with 4GB DDR3 memeory.

What overclock settings would you recomment?
Thank you.

Relevancy 57.62%

I would like to find information about overclocking my XPS 8900 with i7-6700K Processor. In the BIOS options I found two options OC1 and OC2. I assume this is for overclocking and that OC2 would make the CPU faster than using OC1, but I have not found any documentation about this. Are there disadvantages for using OC2? Is there any information about CPU speed gains?

A:XPS 8900, Intel Core i7-6700K, Overclocking in Bios

If you download tools like Intel XTU and HWiNFO64 you may see what is different. You can also run some quick stress tests.   I would not expect much, but you might be surprised.
XTU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-
HWiNFO64: http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
I would watch temps very closely. CPU core temps in particular, but memory and CPU package also.
You can get the temps off of both XTU and HWiNFO64.
Caveat: I haven't touched a skylake system and don't own an 8900 but the principles are the same as other chips and chipsets.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19679767
Relevancy 57.62%

I am cosidering overclocking my 2 geforce 8800 ultra's from 768mb to at least 1024mb

And i also would like to overclock my quad core 2.5 to about 2.9 - 3.0
but befroe i do, i would like to know if any has made this possible before.

Don't want to start O/Cing and something goes wrong, bearing in mind this will be my first time O/Cing.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Main purpose is to have all the settings on GTA4 on highest possible and still have memory left over to play without probs.

much apreciated.

Specs are as follows:

Vista Ultimate x64 Build 6001 with SP1
Intel Core2Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
XFX 780i SLI DDR2
8GB Kingston Hyperx Ram
2x Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra 768mb (XFX/EVGA)
ThermalTake 1200w Power Supply.
Samsung 500Gb SATA HDD
Samsung DVD/RW
Cooling - 140 mm Top fan, 120mm Rear fan, 12mm Front Fan, Artic Cooler Freezer pro 7

A:Overclocking an Nvidia 8800 Ultra/ Quad Core 2.5

You can't overclock your Ultra like that. You can only overclock the frequency speeds, like the core speed and memory speed, not the amount of physical memory.

Overclocking your CPU from 2.5 to 3.0GHz should be easy. I overclocked my CPU from 2.66GHz to 3.0GHz easily with no problem.

Your graphic cards are fine for GTA4. GTA4 doesn't use SLI yet, and 1 Ultra is enough. A friend of mine is running GTA4 with a Core i7 920 and a single Ultra and he gets 65fps on max everything.

Core i7s run GTA4 amazingly, quad cores run it well, but still get some slowdowns on maximum everything.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/208556-overclocking-nvidia-8800-ultra-quad-core-2-5-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently got this new AMD 4600+ manchester X2 cpu and was wondering what I might expect from OCing it. Also, any tips on what might be the best settings to try.

A:Overclocking Athlon64 4600+ X2 Manchester Core Socket 939

You probably wouldnt see much of a performance leap in it, if you are into gaming, your Video card would be your best bet performance wise (FPS).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-athlon64-4600-x2-manchester-core-socket-939.541471/
Relevancy 57.62%

my bios is locked i am lookung to clock 2.40ghz to 3.0ghz what tools will i need to do this last time i used clock gen but when i overclocked to 3.0ghz it locked up the computer so also i overclocked to 2.80ghz but my computer would not go into hibernate so what am i doing wrong

A:intel core 2 quad q6600 kentfield g0 OVERClocking help

You haven't posted your RAM type.

If you have DDR2-800 (PC-6400), then run the multiplier at x8, BUS at 400 yields core speed of 3.2GHz - keeps clocks nice (FSB-DRAM divider = 1:1) and makes the RAM very happy.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183991-intel-core-2-quad-q6600-kentfield-g0-overclocking-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Helo,

Anyone one know if an Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.00Ghz Socket AM2
That is in a:
MSI K9A Platinum Crossfire ddr2 motherboard

is worth overclocking? i checked in my BIOS and i am able to overlock from there, i also got some software that came with the motherboard that will let me overclock it but im guessing its best to do it within the bios?

oh and i am using the stock HSF whick i no will limit my overclocking for now till i get a new one, but still any help suggestions tips ect will be great.

thanks

A:Overclocking any good with an athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+ 2.00GHz

if you are going to overclock, you should have decent ram that supports it. oc'ing is very dependent upon your ram. go here http://www.techpowerup.com/systool/ and download systool. this will let you fool around with your settings little by little in windows, so if you mess soemthing up, you will still be able top restart your system. as for whehter it's worth it? sure. i oc my athlon x2 4400 + all the time, although it doesnt oc as much as an opteron or fx chip. good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-any-good-with-an-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-3800-2-00ghz.65504/
Relevancy 56.33%

as it is a dell overclocking from bios should be near impossible, because it is not the extreme edition 3.2 Dual Core Hyper Threaded pentium processor

any good software out there i can use to overclock a lil bit and get some more speed outta my system?

any thoughts or ideas as to possible cooling plans would be helpful as well

A:dell xps gen 5 Pentium d830 3.0ghz dual core overclocking from software

you bought oem, and can forget about overclocking. you have a fine system as it is and overclocking shouldn't be nessesary. besides, messing with a dell as mentioned will void the warranty/tech support contract.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-gen-5-pentium-d830-3-0ghz-dual-core-overclocking-from-software.32731/
Relevancy 56.33%

as it is a dell overclocking from bios should be near impossible, because it is not the extreme edition 3.2 Dual Core Hyper Threaded pentium processor

any good software out there i can use to overclock a lil bit and get some more speed outta my system?

any thoughts or ideas as to possible cooling plans would be helpful as well
20 IN LCD
256MB PCIE X16 ATI RADEON X850 XT
RAID 0 W/ 2X250GB

NATE

A:dell xps gen 5 Pentium d830 3.0ghz dual core overclocking from software

Clockgen can oc some systems. It depends on your chipset.

Oc and/or modifying the system will void your warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-gen-5-pentium-d830-3-0ghz-dual-core-overclocking-from-software.32732/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings I just started a new job and the laptop I was given is having some Smitfraud-C CoreService issues From reading previous posts I understand posting the following HJT log is the first requirement Please advise as to the remaining steps required to correct this nuisance Logfile of HijackThis core.sys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ & core.cache.dsk, core v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core Program Files Panda Software AVTC PavSrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent Pagent exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Scheduler pavsched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent pagentwd exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PSKMsSvc exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PsImSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC ClShield exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Software AVTC WebProxy exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator PavReport PavReport exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jason LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADF - E E- ad - F - E CD - C WINDOWS system dcssuwll dll file missing O - BHO no name - C - - CFC- - BEAD - C WINDOWS system jkkli dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D- B- EF - D- E - C WINDOWS system ljjigfd dll file missing O - BHO no name - B EDCDFD-EDE - D - F -A DD - C WINDOWS system qlrspsmb dll file missing O - BHO no name - d -fbb - e -adb - df d c - C WINDOWS system fveeooa dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet... Read more

A:core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-cache-dsk-core-sys-hkey_local_machine-wsystem-controlset001-services-core.592146/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Dual i3-4005U A4-5000 AMD Core" Core "Quad Intel vs Core guys I've been looking at laptops they are basically identical but one has an Intel Core i - U mobile processor and GB of RAM and the other one has an AMD A - mobile processor and GB RAM The guy at the store and a couple other people I know told me that the Core i is better than the A as the AMD quot Quad Core quot processors aren't very good AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core so even though the Intel i is only dual core it will be better than the quad core AMD The other question is the RAM Is GB that much better than GB or will GB be fine for basic use That's all this laptop is for Basic use and touch apps since it will be touchscreen The AMD laptop is this one Buy the HP Pavilion Notebook - AMD A GB at TigerDirect ca And the Intel here Buy the HP TouchSmart Notebook PC - F W UA ABL at TigerDirect ca Last question what the hell is DDR L All the new laptops have it nowadays Is it backward compatible with normal DDR laptop RAM Meaning can I take a normal laptop DDR GB stick out of my dads laptop and put it into the GB i laptop if thats the one i'm gonna get Or does the DDR quot L quot part cause issues Thanks Edit Sorry i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread If it isn't mods could you please move it Thanks

A:AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core

Hmm, I guess you should read some reviews. But just from the specs the AMD has 6 GB ram instead of 4. Has a DVD burner where the Intel shows no optical drive. It only has W8 8.0 where the Intel has 8.1. But some people may prefer 8.0.

Read reviews. See how each performs. If you don't wish to use it to burn DVD then the optical drive, or lack thereof may not matter to you.

Edit: Oh, and the AMD is about $80 cheaper.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43107-amd-a4-5000-quad-core-vs-intel-core-i3-4005u-dual-core.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is this graphics card compatible with windows 7 and aero aswell as games like gta san andreas and gta 4?

I have AGP 8x. I do think this will work.

Also. I have 2gb ram 2.4 Ghz sometimes overclocked, intel pentium 4.

Running Windows XP right now. I have windows 7 ultimate CD but not yet installed it.

37.2 GB available hard-drive space.

A:Sapphire HD 3450 AGP

Will those games work with that card, probably. Will they run at an acceptable level, not likely. You CPU is also under the minimum requirements,

Quote:
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
Memory: 1.5GB
Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB
Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Keyboard
Mouse

which is a dual core (with a quad being the recommended), where your P4 is only a single core.

Another thing to consider is Windows 7 and AGP cards. It is totally hit and miss as to whether they will work properly, if at all due to the usual lack of a proper AGP driver (that is for the AGP slot on the motherboard, not the video card driver itself). If you haven't seen it this thread,

Install AGP Drivers for HD 3850, 3650, 2400 PRO

should give you an idea as to the hoops some have had to go through just to get an AGP to work.

As much as an upgrade over the MX400 in your specs the 3450 would be, unfortunately with the rest of your specs it isn't really worth getting. You would be better served to hold of on Windows 7 and those games until afford a system that is better suited to them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/85108-sapphire-hd-3450-agp.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have a spare hd raedon 3450, because i bought 2 thinking to run in crossfire, didnt work, so i decided to let a friend have it, he has a 400watt psu, i think it works, but im just not not sure, i think i have a 400 watt psu too, idk, doesnt say in the manuel.

and it was foolish to throw away the box in it, i was kinda happy that day..

A:hd raedon 3450

a 3450 will easily run on a 400 watt psu........ i ran one on a 250 watt psu for almost four months

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/238846-hd-raedon-3450-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Everyone,

I have old system which i use as HTPC, my system comprises:

Intel P4 3GHz. (Sokcet 478)
ASUS P4S800D (AGP slot 1.5V)
1Gbyte Ram
Windows MCE 2005

and FX5200 AGP.
But i can't play 1980x1080 movies smootly, my question is:
If i will upgrade my graphic card to HD3450 AGP 512MB, could i watch 1980x1080 movies smotly....or sould i upgrade my system to ASUS ION such as: AT3N7A-i.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-3450-512mb-agp.918697/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, i'm in a very big trouble.
I tried updating my ATI HD 3450 graphic cards and i went through the procedure from the given release note in ATI website before downloading the ATI software.

Here's what i did:
- Uninstall ATI install manager from program features - uninstall/change program.
-check in local disk if there's any ATI associates files and delete
-reboot
-install the 9.6 ATI package (option 1)
-reboot.

Here's what happen:
-During the installation, i chose custom installation but there's only ATI install manager and something C++ but there's no CCC, WDD and WDM
-When i go to device manager, the display is still using default VGA driver instead of ATI driver.

so right no, pretty much i'm just using VGA default display.

I'm using Window Vista Home premium 32bits.

please help me, i don't want to restore my computer.

Thanks~

A:ATI HD 3450 update help!

Why did you choose custom installation? Where did you install the driver too?

did you get the FULL ATI catalyst suite?

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...common-vista32

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/235830-ati-hd-3450-update-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi. Will the GTX 770 bottleneck my i5 3450? What do you think? I play at 1920x1080. Thank you.

A:GTX 770 - i5 3450 - Bottleneck

It would really be the other way around, the i5 will bottleneck a 770. You are fine though, the i5 you have is a quad core and 1080P isnt anything that will stress it too much. You may get a few less FPS than if you had a i5 3570K since the 3450 has a lower clock speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-770-i5-3450-bottleneck.192913/
Relevancy 45.15%

A Basic Guide to Overclocking Before we begin there are some things you need to understand There is NO safe overclocking All overclocking involves some degree of risk There is no guarantee of an overclock Just because someone else was able to OC the same cpu as you have to gig is NO guarantee you will be able to achieve the same overclock No overclock is worth anything unless it is a stable overclock If it is not prime stable it is NOT a stable overclock Do not ask how much you can overclock your XXX cpu There is no answer to this until you test in a systematic manner It is like asking how long is a rope You do not know until you measure it Do not ask about overclocking your dell hp gateway compaq or other big box system It is not going to happen Just about ALL big box systems come with a bios that does not have overclocking options Chuck amp s rule Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace If you are comfortable with the above we can Overclocking posting Basic Questions Overclocking. Read to before A Guide continue to attempt a stable OC of your system The very first thing I would like you to do is read your manual Become familiar with the bios menus and where settings are located Each bios and even each bios revision can differ as to where settings are located Giving you detailed instructions on where to find a given setting is just about impossible Next issue the quality of your parts A stable OC is highly dependent on the quality of your parts Do not buy an ECS motherboard cheap ram or an allied power supply and expect to OC your system Buying cheap low quality parts and expecting to overclock the system is like buying a Yugo and expecting it to run like A Basic Guide to Overclocking. Read before posting Overclocking Questions a Cadillac There are two ways to overclock your system Raising the cpu multiplier Works only on cpus that have unlocked multipliers Raising the FSB front side bus Raising the multiplier will up the cpu speed and leave the rest of the system running at stock speed Raising the FSB will up the cpu speed as well as the ram speed the ability of the bus to transfer data etc ie just about everything in your system You will need to decide on which method or combination of methods you want to use For my own system I run a stock multiplier and have increased the FSB to achieve a stable OC of gig on an AMD To overclock with an unlocked multiplier find the bios setting for your cpu multiplier and adjust it up one As an example if you have a gig cpu and your multiplier is FSB up it to Save settings and restart This gives you a gig cpu Now we need to check the stability I use prime for stability tests There are other apps as well you can use AMD Overdrive for AMD systems or you can use OCCT Over Clock Checking Tool In addition have some type of temperature monitoring software Most motherboard makers have some type of monitoring software ie asus probe gigabyte easytune etc I have always liked Hardware Monitor ie HWMonitor for checking temps Start both prime and your temp monitor With prime choose the cpu torture test Let it run for at least minutes If it is stable with no errors AND your temps are within limits you can restart and again enter the bios Up the multiplier again and repeat the test When you find an error you can either back-off to a known stable OC or you can up your vcore cpu voltage and repeat the stability test If it fails after upping vcore you can also adjust the chipset voltage high end motherboards only I always recommend that when adjusting either chipset or cpu voltage go up the minimum amount that you can and test Do understand that upping the vcore or chipset voltage carries a very real risk of damaging the cpu or motherboard Once you find a stable setting for your OC I like to run prime for a longer time Something like hr or longer seems to work fine for me If it runs prime for an hour without errors I would consider it a stable OC This concludes the first method of overclock... Read more

A:A Basic Guide to Overclocking. Read before posting Overclocking Questions

Also note that they must have significant cooling/air flow for a significant overclock.
And I think you made the message twice? I read the second half and it's exactly the same as the first half.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-basic-guide-to-overclocking-read-before-posting-overclocking-questions.888033/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey everyone!

So the thing is that I just bought a radeon hd3450 graphics card, but after installing it into the agp slot and starting my computer the monitor displays no signal. Fans are working on the card so it's getting power at least. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance! ^^

Relevancy 44.72%

Here's my rig Dell Precision workstation Xeon processor Intel E chipset GB PC SCSI hard the HD 3450 AGP trying all tricks BSOD's ATI with despite drives VisionTek Radeon HD MB AGP video card ViewSonic Optiquest Q wb quot lcd monitor Windows Professional -bit Service Pack Monitor is using the Generic PnP Monitor driver because no other specific driver is available The Intel chipset driver is Microsoft I used video card drivers from VisionTek and ATI I've tried lowering the AGP Aperture from mb to mb I've tried the fix suggested by torrentg at Install AGP Drivers for HD PRO and that didn't help I've used Display Driver Uninstaller multiple times prior to installing drivers RAM and hard drive tests pass I suspect I need to update my chipset drivers however despite extensive searching no newer ones appear to exist When doing nothing particularly taxing to the video system using Outlook amp Excel watching YouTube videos I get BSOD's when using higher resolutions like x The popular BSOD is quot PFN List Corrupt quot among others like quot IRQL Not Less Or Equal quot quot Memory Management quot and quot Page Fault In Non Paged Area quot BSOD's with AGP ATI HD 3450 despite trying all the tricks My prior older AGP video card using the chip GeForce FX also caused BSOD's Anyone have any other ideas for suggested fixes Will abandoning the HD AGP card for a PCI fix the problem I appreciate any help Brian

A:BSOD's with AGP ATI HD 3450 despite trying all the tricks

Hello and welcome to sevenforums,

Please follow the following instructions and i will be more then happy to help you.

Information
Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information like the dump files, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/343856-bsods-agp-ati-hd-3450-despite-trying-all-tricks.html
Relevancy 44.72%

every time i try to benchmark my new pc
it freezes when loading the test or the screen flickers back to my desktop and in the bar below i get a message saying "display drivers have failed but are back online"

what should i do??

A:Help with 3dmark vantage and HD 3450

What operating system are you running and what are your complete system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-3dmark-vantage-and-hd-3450.107542/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi all,
i need the original bios for the Sapphire HD 3450 AGP 512M, but i'm unable to find it on internet..

i did a mistake flashing my graphics card's bios, and now i need the original one to restore it..

A:Sapphire HD 3450 AGP Bios

hi is this what your looking for

sapphire hd3450 512mb ddr2 agp >>> Free sapphire hd3450 512mb ddr2 agp software, best sapphire hd3450 512mb ddr2 agp download - Page 4 at Downloadplex.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/212609-sapphire-hd-3450-agp-bios.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

Just in the process of building a gaming rig but having problems getting the computer to power up.

Details
mobo - gigabyte Z77-D3H
Processor - i5 3450
Memory - Kingston hyper x DDR3 1600mhz CL9
PSU - powercool x-viper 450W and generic 650w
case - Zalman Z5
Hard drive - Kingston hyper x 3k SSD 120gb

Info
- Tested powercool PSU using antec PSU tester - pass
- Changed over to generic 650w PSU with no power on button. plugged in and hit case power on button to make sure that i had all the connectors in correctly. PSU fans powered up but still nothing through the CPU, no fan, no post.
- removed motherboard from case (possible shorting issues??) again PSU powers up but nothing from the CPU or fan and no posting bleeps?
- added post test card but returns 00 no errors.

Help and comments appreciated.

A:new build - no power to CPU i5 3450

Check the 24 pin power connector to make sure its being fully inserted. Same way with CPU Power (8 pin).

You can get a false positive with a PSU tester as it does not test the power supply under load. You could have the correct voltages with no load but under load one or more voltages could fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287977-new-build-no-power-cpu-i5-3450-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

HI techguyforums ive issue help HD BSOD please 3450 posted many tiems about my blue screen of death i finally figured out the problem that was causing the BSOD it was the graphics driver my computer was bought years ago its a quad core with a HD radeon series graphic cards It came with VISTA so my problem is when i install windows and i install all the updates for some stupid reason windows always tries to install these two optional updates radeon hd radeon hd and when i install these my damn computer gets HD 3450 BSOD issue please help the BSOD ANd since my graphics card is HD HD 3450 BSOD issue please help i went on to the HD 3450 BSOD issue please help website to download the latest driver for it that driver on the damn AMD website gives me the BSOD too its definetely a driver issue so my question is how can i get the correct graphics card driver catalyst control centre without getting the BSOD right now im on vista but i cant get the right graphics driver please help me find the right one so i avoid all BSOD thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-3450-bsod-issue-please-help.987870/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm getting a dell studio laptop, which comes with the ati radeon hd3450 graphics card (256 mb.) There's not much info out there on what games it can cope with so if anyone knows, how would it do with these:

Half Life 2: Episode 2
Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War
Prey
Quake 4
Monkey Island (Lol...just to make sure one of the games would work well)

I'm realistic that this isnt a super gaming card, but if it can run these games at even low settings with decent playable fps then be sweet.

Cheers

A:HD 3450 game compatibility?

Well>>>

KK buddy so heres whats going to happen gears will run probably without any issues bioshock will run on medium completely fine and so will cod 4 half life 2 as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-3450-game-compatibility.110722/
Relevancy 44.29%

dell latitude 3450 is not starting, not even charging ,i have tryed all that i know , i have removed the battery and hold on to the power button for 15 seconds  still not working , please what can i do , please 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994234
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello

I need a working driver for this AGP card on windows 2000 . Thanks in advance.
Club 3D Radeon HD 3450 AGP Edition

Fabrikantcode
CGA-3452
Artikelnummer
Merk
Club 3D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-driver-for-hd-3450-agp.1163570/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I had installed Windows 8.1 from 7, and when I need drivers, of Catalyst this apears:

I downloaded ver. 13.9 Legacy., can you help me?

Additonaly, look these...:

(Yes, It is in Spanish)
Only I cant put 1024x768 resolution, but my monitor is 1366x768...
(Sorry for bad English, I am from Spain)

A:AMD Club Radeon HD 3450 AGP Drivers?

ItsTimeToGo, welcome to the Eight forums.

First thing is that the driver you tried to install does not support your card. With your card being AGP you need this one,

AMD Catalyst? 12.6 Driver Download for AMD Radeon? AGP Graphics Products: AMD Radeon HD 4xxx, AMD Radeon HD 3xxx and AMD Radeon HD 2xxx series of products

and even then it still may work. That all depends on whether Windows 8.1 comes with a working AGP driver (part of the chipset, and totally separate from the video driver), and is needed for the video driver to install and work properly.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/35706-amd-club-radeon-hd-3450-agp-drivers.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello

I am thinking about buying a new computer, and was wondering which is the better video card

Nvidia 8400GS

or

ATI 3450 or 3650

A:nvidia 8400GS vs ATI 3450/3650

Even 3450 is a bit better than the 8400 GS, not to mention the dud parts used in 8400 GSes. 3650 wins the race by miles.
However, all of the three are very weak, and for intensive tasks, like gaming, you'd be better of getting the cheapest and saving money for an actually good card (4670 or 9600 GT or higher) These would however need a power supply upgrade too, sooo...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8400gs-vs-ati-3450-3650.830422/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been using a _NEC 3450 for a while in windows xp
and now i upgraded to windows 7 and this happens
I cannot find anything on this dvd drive and its kinda urgent as I cant install any games or anything.

A:Need _NEC 3450 downloads / driver

Visit this site and download the driver, then check if there is an update for-it.

Download Nec ND-3450A firmware 1.03 Driver for Windows 9X/ME/NT/2K/XP/2003/Vista/XP X64/2008 - Softpedia
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/226798-need-_nec-3450-downloads-driver.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I ve been looking for the last while for a laptop and graphics is one of my main concerns Before I start I want to make it clear that I m not GS? 8400m 3450 Radeon or ATI Geforce HD looking for really high graphics quality because I m limited by budget and on laptop you can t upgrade above the two ATI Radeon HD 3450 or Geforce 8400m GS? mentioned cards So basically I had been thinking about getting a Dell Vostro with Geforce m GS but just recently saw the Dell studio with ATI Radeon HD It would cost me about more to get studio atm but will also get extra Gb Hard disk space and a GHz core duo over the vostros GHz In terms ATI Radeon HD 3450 or Geforce 8400m GS? of performance I basically want ATI Radeon HD 3450 or Geforce 8400m GS? to know is the Radeon better than the Im not looking to play the newest games like crysis etc but do want to play some like call of duty which i know works on the Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:ATI Radeon HD 3450 or Geforce 8400m GS?

"is the Radeon better than the 8400?"...

In this case, I would say yes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-hd-3450-or-geforce-8400m-gs.108153/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear All this is my forst post here I hown since a Dell Vostro and recently upgraded to GB RAM Memory from Gb that were originally installed The years warranty also recently expired I started experiencing several problems with the laptop and after talking to soome IT friends they all sugested to wipe everything and reinstaall the OS Windows Professional SP Because my recovery partition didn't work i had to use a different install of the OS still a Win Pro and then install all Vostro !!!) Dell (many 3450 problems the drivers and SP The Laptop is still slow and i have had several only this AM BSOD possibly all related to the dxgkrnl sys Dell Vostro 3450 (many !!!) problems but unfortunately i cannot locate the minidump folder under C windows Dell Vostro 3450 (many !!!) problems so i cannot be entirely sure oof what is going on I also went through the post at the following link SOLVED BSOD Due to dxgkrnl sys but in my case replacing the MOBO is not an option at all When checking the Windows Event Viewer i can see warnings alerts quot Critical quot and so forth all over the places I also found in the System Information an extremely long list of errors in the Dell Vostro 3450 (many !!!) problems Windows Error Reporting page Moreover Windows Update is unable to install the following updates that appear to be important Every time i restart the laptop the updates are there and fail to install - Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Vulnerability in XML digital signatures could allow denial of service November Help and Support Microsoft Support - Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Download size KB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Recommended Install this update to resolve issues in Windows For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information Data corruption occurs on iSCSI LUNs in Windows Help and Support Microsoft Support - Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Download size KB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Recommended Install this update to resolve issues in Windows For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information Event when you copy an encrypted folder to EFS shared folder in Windows Help and Support Microsoft Support Really need some help solving this mess Any advice is more than very well appreciated OS Name Microsoft Windows Professional Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DURITOS System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell System Vostro System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Duritos Nino Time Zone GMT Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys I O Port x - x F Direct memory access con... Read more

A:Dell Vostro 3450 (many !!!) problems

Hi and welcome to TSF lets see if you can get the dmp file follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-vostro-3450-many-problems-875042.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey
I'm thinking about buying new latitude 3450 and was wondering what options i have if i would want to add second disc (ssd). Is there a free socket inside (m.2, mSATA) that would allow me to do that?

A:Latitude 3450 second disc options

Hi,
Thank you for reaching us.
In Latitude 3450 and 3550 there is only one slot for the Hard disk. However users can opt for different types of Hard drives as per the requirements.
This model is shipped with traditional SATA hard drives, Hybrid hard drives and also 128GB SSD.
Hope that answers your query.
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19631360
Relevancy 44.29%

Considering I have a core i5 3450 and hd 6870 along with 8 gb RAm,500 gb HDD and 22" LCD.
How much power supply do I need?? I already have 450 W

A:Power supply for i5-3450 and HD 6870

AMD Radeon? HD 6870 Graphics requires a 500W power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-i5-3450-and-hd-6870.187099/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi 
i replace Vostro 3450 laptop the HDD disk with SSDi install windows 10 on it.but i have an issue when i turn on the computer is see the win icon for 2 second and then i see black screen For a minute, also in the shutdown or restart it tack More than usual.
wen the computer is start up and get to windows Everything works greatin safe mode the computer not doing the black screen and it tack 7 second to start up 
Maybe it graphic card?
please advise ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987263
Relevancy 44.29%

After uploading newest drivers, scrubbing my clean install of various generic audio and video codecs, drivers, devices and tools, I had spend about 4 hours of my life trying to get audio to work using a device that worked under XP MCE 2005.

Enough being enough, I weighed the costs and purchased a Galaxy GeForce GT220
for about 90 bucks at that local big box store. Sure I could have saved about $20-30 driving about 30 minutes each way in winter wet weather... I wanted audio over my home theatre system and I wanted it now.

First I downloaded the newest drivers available, installed the card, ripped out the default drivers and installed the new set.

Peace of mind, 7.1 sound, priceless.

I'll use that other card in my office where the silence of a passive card will be more appreciated.

Luck to others!

A:Problems with ATI HD 3450 Audio via HDMI

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the 3450.... I am sure though that we could have helped sort it out.

Anyway, you got your audio and are happy so...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39932-problems-ati-hd-3450-audio-via-hdmi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D D - html Duo Core Solo, 2 and Duo Core Core Choosing between I will use it Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-core-solo-core-duo-and-core-2-duo.890221/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D between Core 2 Core Solo, Choosing Duo and Duo Core D - html I will use it for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Tom’s Hardware readers know all about overclocking, of course. In fact, many processor and graphics card reviews would be deemed incomplete without coverage of overclocking potential. Indeed, articles such as the System Builder Marathon series have a long history of specifically valuing performance achieved through overclocking rather than just through stock performance.

If you already consider yourself an enthusiast, pardon a bit of background here--we'll get into the nitty-gritty technical stuff in just a second.

What exactly is overclocking? In a nutshell, the term is used to describe running a component at a higher speed than its specification in an attempt to increase performance. Various computer components can be overclocked, including the processor, memory, and graphics card. And the degree of overclocking can include anything from simply procuring small gains from an inexpensive component all the way to seeking a level of performance way beyond what could even be purchased at that point in time.

Read more here.

A:How To: Overclocking Your AMD Processor : Introduction: The Basics Of Overclocking

great site Tom has, and not just for the OC'ers.... I find many well written reviews of products on that site. One of the first places I visit before buying a new piece of HW

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/4393-how-overclocking-your-amd-processor-introduction-basics-overclocking.html
Relevancy 43.86%

HI techguyforums ive posted many tiems about my blue screen of death i finally figured out the problem that was causing the BSOD it was the graphics driver my computer was bought years ago its a quad core with a HD radeon series graphic cards It came with VISTA so my radeon 3450 please HD driver issue ati help BSOD problem is when i install windows and i install all the updates for some stupid reason windows always tries to install these two optional updates radeon hd radeon hd and when i install these my damn computer gets the BSOD ANd since my graphics card is HD i went on to the website to download the latest driver for it that driver on the damn AMD website gives me the BSOD too its definetely ati radeon driver HD 3450 BSOD issue please help a driver issue so my question is how can i get the correct graphics card driver catalyst control centre without getting the BSOD right now im on vista but i cant get the right graphics driver please help me find the right one so i avoid all BSOD thanks nbsp

A:ati radeon driver HD 3450 BSOD issue please help

I'm having the same problem.. did you ever get it fixed? If so, please share how!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-driver-hd-3450-bsod-issue-please-help.987948/
Relevancy 43.86%

Which combo should I choose bw:
1. core i5 2320(3 ghz) and Sapphire HD 7850 1gb,or
2.core i5 3450(3.1 ghz) and HIS HD 6870 iceQ X

Prices are the same...it will be used for playing game ssuch as AC 3,Crysis 3 etc

A:Which combo: i5-2320 + HD 7850 or i5-3450 + HD 6870?

Why not the 3450 and 7850?
Depends where you live but the 1GB 7850 is only slightly more than a 6870 which is an older generation and a bit overpriced nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-combo-i5-2320-hd-7850-or-i5-3450-hd-6870.187185/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all, (sorry for my bad english!)
i installed Windows 7 Professional 32bit on this computer:

Motherboard: ASUSTeK P4S8X (PGA 478)
RAM: 2 GB DDR
CPU: Intel Pentium IV Northwood @2,53 Ghz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 3450 512MB DDR2 (AGP)

My GPU is compatible with Aero, why I can't use it? I tried to install all windows drivers, but it doesn't work...

A:Sapphire Radeon HD 3450 AGP driver problem

Dorado, welcome to the Seven Forums.

try the steps here to get the driver for it installed,

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP install problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/200451-sapphire-radeon-hd-3450-agp-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear.
I'm from Vietnam. I can't install driver Intel HD Graphics 3000 for my computer. This is a laptop Dell Vostro 3450 Core i5, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
When I install driver Intel HD Graphics 3000 for VGA Onboard (include: R304300, R294607, R294609, R302025) then I receive an error message:
"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"
Help me, please. Thanks.
-------------------------
Name: Nguyen Quoc Vuong
Mail: [email protected]

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990635
Relevancy 43.86%

The newest driver won't installed even if it original driver.. video card is working on epsa testing.. what should i do?? Please help me.. thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988593
Relevancy 43.43%

The picture does not fill the screen on my laptop. It has a setting of 1280 X 800. I need to have a 16:10 ratio to fill the screen. How do I get it when its not an opt? It said it was supported in siw report but I can't load it. ???

A:dell studio 1535 /w ati mobility radeon HD 3450

DJH mate try downloading the driver from here and see if the Catalyst control Centre will let you scale the screen.

Oops http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/315727-dell-studio-1535-w-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-3450-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I just bought a brand new Asus Radeon HD http asus com products aspx l amp l amp l amp l amp model amp modelmenu and as the title says I m getting some major graphic problems in all 3450 HD graphic major corruption Radeon Asus d applications Some screenshots showing how it looks like Racedriver GRID GTA San Andreas WoW notice the night elf s lazor sight The Elder Scrolls Construction Set This happens in every single d application Aside from the visible glitches all games run smooth I m able to comfortably play GRID on x and low details or I would be able to if I only could see the road It might seem like an overheating issue but according to the Catalyst Control Center the GPU temperature is always around C even lower when idle which should be pretty accurate as I have Asus Radeon HD 3450 major graphic corruption an additional fan blowing directly on the GPU heatsink The card is not overclocked I have tried reinstalling the drivers tried an older version too Catalyst currently running on as well as the Omega drivers Nothing helped My PC Intel Asus Radeon HD 3450 major graphic corruption Core Duo E GHz GB DDR Ram Kingston ValueRam ASRock CoreDual-SATA R motherboard Chieftec W power supply Windows XP SP I would appreciate any help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I want to Restore my laptop to the factory settings.  I pressed the F8 key to get to the Advanced Boot Menu and selected the Repair Your Computer option.  Instead of taking me to the menu with option for me to do the restore, the machine continued to boot.  I tried many times, but with no success.  Please help.  Thanks in advance.

A:Restore Vostro 3450 Laptop to Factory Settings

Hi Sujatha Maidum i m farooq my laptop dell latitude 3450 my os is windows 8.1 oem my laptop is upgrade windows 10 how to remove windows 10 plz help me

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19512824
Relevancy 43.43%

I am going to buy Assus T3-P5G31 barebone computer. It has motherboard based on Intel G31 chipset with integrated Intel GMA 3100 graphic chip. will use my computer mostly for 2D applications, editing photos, watching movies. I will not use it for gaming.

How does integrated Intel GMA 3100 graphics compare to Sapphire RADEON HD 3450 512mb graphic card? Would adding this RADEON graphic card improve the graphical performance of my computer for my needs?

I am asking this because while motherboard has a slot for dedicated graphic card I would like to keep power consumption (actually noise) lower.

Thanks,
Dominik

A:Solved: Intel GMA 3100 versus ATI RADEON HD 3450

Radeon HD 3450 is quite a lot better, definitely worth the 30 $ or so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-gma-3100-versus-ati-radeon-hd-3450.796514/
Relevancy 43%

hello,
I have upgrade to windows 10, and I need to update my Graphics Card.
I have Dell Vostro 3450.
Thank you,
Mic

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983511
Relevancy 43%

This hard drive came in an Acer Aspire computer I bought brand - Asprire failure 3450 Model Disc Acer in error new In under a hours use the original hard drive failed I sent the computer back and Acer replaced the HD with a new one different serial number - same model I was using win and Advanced System Care ASC kept detecting a disc error In a short time under more hours of use the new drive failed entirely It was now out of warranty - I reformatted the drive and tried to recover from my WD My Cloud but that data was corrupt or missing something So I used the Acer recovery disc which brought it back to as purchased condition However ASC again detected this disc error I ran Data Lifeguard Diagnostic quick test and it passed I then ran the extended test which it failed and used the fix utility The error then stopped occurring in ASC but the error returned a couple of weeks later I ran the extended and fixed it again I then upgraded to Win and after that the disc error again appeared I ran Lifeguard extended and fixed it again It showed clean in ASC It has now been about weeks and once again the disc error has reappeared How can I fix this once and for allIt will take me several months to get my computer back to its precrash state I need a solution please Here is the current quick test but it will fail an extended if I run it Test Option QUICK TESTModel Number WDC WD EARX- PASB Unit Serial Number WD-WCAZAD Firmware Number AB Capacity GBSMART Status Not AvailableTest Result PASSTest Time July

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Disc-error-failure-in-Acer-Asprire-Model-3450/td-p/442933
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have a problem with some but not all text boxes aka tooltips I think in Windows the ones that pop-up when you hover over some elements like caption buttons in windows or the start orb in the taskbar The fonts in text within are chopped or replaced by a thick black bar The same happens with some but again not all of the text 3450 (... rendering issue HD text) updating after Font (tooltip boxes belonging to icons' descriptions in different programs e g Total Commander v a paint net Font rendering issue (tooltip text) after updating HD 3450 (... v and in drop down menus for font size in MS Word Libreoffice Writer etc I added a screenshot at the bottom This problems started right after updating to AMD Legacy driver year available here All is back to normal if I revert to the driver provided by HP but it is an old one available here and for example some games and programs and functionalities that rely on newer OpenGL won't work Is there any way to update without the aforementioned problems Any insights will be welcomed nbsp nbsp My system specs Graphics nbsp nbsp ATI Mobility Radeon HD Resolution nbsp nbsp nbsp x x hertzProcessor nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R Core TM Duo T nbsp GHzBIOS Version Date nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-Packard PCD Ver F RAM GB x GB Mhz OS Windows Professional SP build bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Font-rendering-issue-tooltip-text-after-updating-HD-3450-ATI/td-p/5801123
Relevancy 43%

This hard drive came in an Acer Aspire computer I bought brand new In under a hours use the original hard drive failed I sent the computer back and Acer replaced the HD with a Acer error in Model Asprire 3450 - Disc failure new one different serial number - same model I was using win and Advanced System Care ASC kept detecting a disc error In a short time under more hours of use the new drive failed entirely It was now out of warranty - I reformatted Disc error - failure in Acer Asprire Model 3450 the drive and tried to recover from my WD My Cloud but that data was corrupt or missing something So I used the Acer recovery disc which brought Disc error - failure in Acer Asprire Model 3450 it back to as purchased condition However ASC again detected this disc error I Disc error - failure in Acer Asprire Model 3450 ran Data Lifeguard Diagnostic quick test and it passed I then ran the extended test which it failed and used the fix utility The error then stopped occurring in ASC but the error returned a couple of weeks later I ran the extended and fixed it again I then upgraded to Win and after that the disc error again appeared I ran Lifeguard extended and fixed it again It showed clean in ASC It has now been about weeks and once again the disc error has reappeared How can I fix this once and for allIt will take me several months to get my computer back to its precrash state I need a solution please Here is the current quick test but it will fail an extended if I run it Test Option QUICK TESTModel Number WDC WD EARX- PASB Unit Serial Number WD-WCAZAD Firmware Number AB Capacity GBSMART Status Not AvailableTest Result PASSTest Time July

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Disc-error-failure-in-Acer-Asprire-Model-3450/td-p/442933/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

Dell Latitude 3450
Windows pro 7
Brand new HDD Solid state
A little over a year old (HDD died 9 days out of warranty....of course!)

Began acting strange again (maybe tied to prior to the HDD crash - not sure) a few days ago - it would reboot out of the blue or upon boot-up would get the login screen and then it would go black instead of loading the desktop.  Got error messages of corrupt file and disk read error yesterday.  Went through ePSA and was able to get it up and running - but something is seriously going on with this!  This is my husband's but I can remote into it - did last night and wandered around in the event viewer - but not knowing what I was doing in there - just saw many "critical" errors listed with Kernel 41....

Any suggestions on how to figure out what's going on?  

Pam

A:Dell Latitude 3450 Kernal-power 41 - random shut downs

Event ID 41 errors are simply Windows way of saying it doesn't know why it shut down.  Here's a link with more info:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504 As this is an SSD, there's not much in the way of tests.  There is a suggested tool for SSD's a bit down this page:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.htmlBUT, I'd suggest that the first thing to do is to backup all the critical data.  If this is a failing drive, you may not have much time to recover the data before it completely dies. Then, try another hard drive and see how that works.  They're fairly cheap these days - and you can even find stores that will let you return them if they're not needed (for your money back).If the new hard drive works well, then you can presume it's the SSD that's failing.If it doesn't work well, then you'll have to start checking cables and connections. We can help a bit if you can generate these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617949/dell-latitude-3450-kernal-power-41-random-shut-downs/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Dell Vostro 3450 running Windows 10 and I have a issue with my laptop screen (please see the attached photo)  .

This issue comes only when I use my laptop screen sometimes and it goes away after some time but when I connect it to a external monitor the screen display works perfectly. I tried taking a screenshot of the laptop screen when this issue happens but the screenshot doesn't show this issue. What may be the problem and can this issue be fixed ?

A:Display problem in Dell Vostro 3450 (Horizontal colored lines)

Hi,
Based on the troubleshooting performed if the display is good on external screen then the systemboard works fine. Now that the issue is seen only with the laptop screen I would ask you to initiate the LCD BIST( Built in Self Test) on the system.
To initiate LCD BIST restart the system along with the FN key pressed or restart the system and keep tapping the D-Key. During the test solid colours will be displayed on the screen if the distortion is displayed during the test its confirmed that the screen is faulty.
Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19659581