Windows Support Forum

Starter application and autorun file won't go away

Q: Starter application and autorun file won't go away

I've got a SanDisk memory stick and I've used it for a couple of years and have had no trouble but recently 2 files (autorun and starter) have come up and I've tried to delete them and it wouldn't work, so I tried to open starter application but nothing happened.

Does anyone know how remove them?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Starter application and autorun file won't go away

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Starter application and autorun file won't go away

You can always format the SD

another choice is to disable AUTORUN on you system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starter-application-and-autorun-file-wont-go-away.194684/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I insert my USB, I get the following message:

Detected: INF/Starter.AEO in L:\autorun.inf - Access Denied.

I downloaded Flash_Disinfector.exe and ran it. Got the following message:

One window containing the message - Detected: Trojan.Agent.ATV in C:\Documents and Settings\idol\Lo...\nircmd.exe. File was repaired.

Second Window containing the message - Windows cannot find 'nircmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly.....

A:Detected: INF/Starter.AEO in L:\autorun.inf

Is there a question here? All I'm seeing is commentary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/detected-inf-starter-aeo-in-l-autorun-inf-355079.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hiya CommerceVoice shows the developer how Kit Commerce Application: 31 Speech-Enabled ASP.NET Mar Starter to create a voice-only service from an existing Web application CommerceVoice leverages the existing business- and data-layers of the IBuySpy sample it is based on demonstrating programming and design techniques for using the Speech SDK and for developing voice-only applications in general This application is not intended for commercial deployment The following files are available for download Sample code fast connection If you d like to download the all of the sample code and a fast connection download the Speech-Enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit MSI KB below Once the download has completed double-click on the file to launch the installer Sample code slow connection If Speech-Enabled ASP.NET Commerce Starter Kit Application: Mar 31 you d like to download the all of the sample code and have a slow connection download all CAB files starting with Speech-enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit CAB below After downloading all of the files double-click on the first file Commerce to extract the MSI file Select a location to extract the file to and press OK When the file Speech-Enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit MSI has been fully extracted double-click on that file to begin installation Documentation To download the documentation please download the Speech-Enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit Whitepaper doc System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Service Pack Windows XP Software Requirements Microsoft NET Speech SDK Beta Microsoft Internet Information Services IIS Microsoft Internet Explorer or later version Download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer Microsoft Visual Studio NET Professional Enterprise Architect Enterprise Developer or Trial Edition Microsoft NET Framework SP NOTE The NET Framework version is not supported Hardware Requirements A microphone or some other sound input device to receive the sound is required for speech recognition SR In general the microphone should be a high quality device with built-in noise filters The speech recognition rate is directly related to the quality of the input The recognition rate will be significantly lower or perhaps even unacceptable with a poor microphone http www microsoft com downloads cf-a b- b - b - f de amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speech-enabled-asp-net-commerce-starter-kit-application-mar-31.126722/
Relevancy 57.19%

My Epson 785EPX photo printer is connected to a PC with 98se. I also have an Epson 1660 Photo scanner. The photo starter program automatically downloads pictures from the card reader to the desktop. It worked and only stopped working when we took some things out of the Start Up Menu to improve system performance. [Whatever happened then has also conflicted with my camera -a Kodak DX3900- as it will no longer download - however all other programs are ok]. I have reinstalled [after uninstalling everything] and receive this message. "Could not find the application for automatic startup. The application may have been moved or uninstalled. Check the application."
Epson tech support told me it was a problem with the CD so I downloaded and installed from their site but the same error came up. Please tell me this is a simple problem...
Thanks for your help!

A:Epson 785EPX Photo Starter application

I have two suggestions for you to try. Can't guarantee they will work.

Click START->run
type msconfig
Click the startup tab
check in the list of programs for any references to the devices that are not working. If there are put a check on them.

Also look for a program on the list called stimon.exe
This one should be checked.

Restart the computer if you made any changes then try your devices again. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-785epx-photo-starter-application.146906/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hiya CommerceVoice shows the developer how to create a voice-only service from an existing Web application CommerceVoice leverages the existing business- and data-layers of the IBuySpy sample it is based on demonstrating programming and design techniques for ASP.NET Application: May Starter Kit Speech-Enabled Commerce 8 using the Speech SDK Speech-Enabled ASP.NET Commerce Starter Kit Application: May 8 and for developing voice-only applications in general This application is not intended for commercial deployment The following files are available for download Sample code Speech-Enabled ASP.NET Commerce Starter Kit Application: May 8 fast connection If you d like to download all of the sample code and have a fast connection download the Speech-Enabled ASP Speech-Enabled ASP.NET Commerce Starter Kit Application: May 8 NET Commerce Starter Kit MSI MB Once the download is complete double-click on the file to launch the installer Sample code slow connection If you d like to download all of the sample code and have a slow connection download all CAB files starting with Speech-enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit CAB After downloading all of the files double-click on the first file Commerce to extract the MSI file Select a location to extract the file to and press OK When the file Speech-Enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit MSI is fully extracted double-click on that file to begin installation Documentation To download the documentation please download the Speech-Enabled ASP NET Commerce Starter Kit Whitepaper doc System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Service Pack Windows XP Software Requirements Microsoft NET Speech SDK Beta Microsoft Internet Information Services IIS Microsoft Internet Explorer or later version Microsoft Visual Studio NET Professional Enterprise Architect Enterprise Developer or Trial Edition Microsoft NET Framework SP NOTE The NET Framework version is not supported Download and install Microsoft SQL Server with SP or the Microsoft Desktop Engine MSDE Hardware Requirements A microphone or some other sound input device to receive the sound is required for speech recognition SR In general the microphone should be a high quality device with built-in noise filters The speech recognition rate is directly related to the quality of the input The recognition rate will be significantly lower or perhaps even unacceptable with a poor microphone http www microsoft com downloads cf-a b- b - b - f de amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speech-enabled-asp-net-commerce-starter-kit-application-may-8.132654/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Maybe someone here is able another: is autorun.exe ! a not Yet application valid Win32 to figure this one out and provide me with a solution My problem is that can't install The Settlers Heritage of Kings gold edition because when i insert the DVD into my DVD-drive it just start to spin and then nothing happens I have tried to run it from the quot my computer quot or quot this computer quot - i don't have the English language version of WinXp so i don't know what the correct name for this is anyway when i run it from in there i almost immediately get an error message saying that quot autorun exe is not a valid Win application quot From reading through some threads Yet another: autorun.exe is not a valid Win32 application ! inhere i have learned that this error occurs when Yet another: autorun.exe is not a valid Win32 application ! files becomes corrupted during a download however i have not downloaded anything my files are on a original DVD I'm under Yet another: autorun.exe is not a valid Win32 application ! the impression that the error may be the DVD-drive I'm using a LITE-ON SOHW - S DVD-drive http www liteonit com ODD English sohw s asp I can further add that i have tried to run another CD-rom in the drive and there was no problem at all and also the store where i have bought the software has told me that they haven't had any complaints about this issue from other customers this may rule out a faulty print of the DVD Could my DVD-drive be using the wrong version of firmware - should i try to update this If the answer to my problem is to update the firmware then how do i do this without damaging my DVD-drive Thank you in advance

A:Yet another: autorun.exe is not a valid Win32 application !

Are there really noone who know how to fix this problem ? - or are you all just a little

anyway, i'm still eagerly waiting for an reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/yet-another-autorun-exe-is-not-a-valid-win32-application-86985.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've made a batch-file which synchronizes my MP3-player with my music-folder. And the problem is, I want that file to be runned every time I plug in my MP3-player. Is there a way I can do that?

I'm not making progress with the Task Scheduler. You can choose to let the task be triggered by a specific event, by I don't think it's logged as an event every time I plug in my MP3-player.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/autorun-application-at-memory-stick-plug-in-194334.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Kaspersky detects some virus named WMIMGMT.exe in the Application Data folder everytime I put in a USB and it says that this WMIMGMT.exe is trying to access J:\Autorun.inf. Although Kaspersky keeps deleting this Autorun.inf, it keeps coming back. The computer becomes normal after the USB is removed. What I don't understand is how to remove WMIMGMT.exe from the Application Data folder?

I tried using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software but it won't detect anything in the Application data folder or in the USB. Another thing is, in the USB, when I go to

Tools >> Folder options >> View

and disable "Hide protected operating system files"

I'm still unable to view the Autrun.inf in the USB or the WMIMGMT.exe in the Application Data folder. Please help!!

A:WMIMGMT.exe in Application data folder creating autorun in USB

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/wmimgmt-exe-in-application-data-folder-creating-autorun-in-usb-517667.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a WD 120gb pocket harddrive that I ran the defragging program through. I found it shut down midway through defragging process. Now when IO try to open it, aUTORUN.N fiel appears. I have tried disk manager, the trouble shooter,to no avail. There is stuff on the trouble shooter that I don't understand,so the answer may be there.

I ran a crapcleaner brand file cleaner thru it the day before. Did I remove something with the cleaner that I needed to open this file?

Thanks for any input,for I have original content on that disk I really don't want to lose. Chip

A:aUTORUN.N file. This file will not let me open my external hard drive

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of the pocket drive?

What defrag program did you use on this pocket drive?

When it stopped defraging in the middle of the job where there any error messages/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/autorun-n-file-this-file-will-not-let-me-open-my-external-hard-drive-304619.html
Relevancy 52.03%

It just keeps opening file explorer over and over again and I'm wondering how to disable this.

A:I have a file explorer autorun file that loops and i can't get it to stop

You need to provide a lot more information. Please explain EXACTLY what is happening and what led up to it.For now, I'm moving this out of the malware section until we understand precisely what your problem is.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157522.0.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Kaspersky says I have this virus but can't clean it I have tried some other stuff with no help So here I am Hijack This File Trojan.WinLNK.Starter.gen Log amp Farbar logs attached Thanks in advance for any help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by owner administrator on FRONT - - Running from C Users owner Desktop Loaded Profiles owner Available Profiles owner Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the Log File Trojan.WinLNK.Starter.gen fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search Log File Trojan.WinLNK.Starter.gen amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv x exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avpui exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe Brother Industries Ltd C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe Brother Industries Ltd C Program Files x Browny BrYNSvc exe Brother Industries Ltd C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCtrlCntr exe Brother Industries Ltd C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcUxSys exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE MSACCESS EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW explorer exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW explorer exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Secure Connection ksde exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Secure Connection ksdeui exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft SkypeApp x kzf qxf zg c SkypeHost exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Windows Photos x wekyb d bbwe Microsoft Photos exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows splwow exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System smartscreen exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW explorer exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RTHDVCPL gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Seagull Drivers gt ssdal nc exe startup HKLM Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static amd CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run ControlCenter gt C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631279/log-file-trojanwinlnkstartergen/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a netgear readynas which I want to set up to auto back up the contents of my d drive. The drive is on a netbook running windows 7 starter. I have shared the drive but the back up utility on the Nas does can not find it.

I know I am using the back util correctly as it can find the d drive on another machine that is running XP.

What setting should I be looking for on the windows 7 install. Everything has the same workgroup but I keep coming across the term homegroup and the fact that starter edition is limited on this. Is this the problem and how do fix it.

Don't know if it helps put the netbook d drive does appear in the My network places of the xp machine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-and-file-sharing.925935/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya The missus has a mini notebook ee that has Windows file Boot corrupt - Win critical starter 7 starter on it Whilst using it last night there were some updates from Microsoft available and I set the updates in motion One of them was to Boot critical file corrupt - Win 7 starter install Explorer and I declined that as this is the wifes computer and she uses it for work didn't want to stuff anything up Delayed doing the restart for a while as i was still doing some minoer work on a Word doc When it went to restart it went into a screen trying to auto fix and issue After Boot critical file corrupt - Win 7 starter much time and multiple attempts it could not do it and any restart went into the same mode In the end it could not fix the issue From the error report the following message comes up Boot critical file c windows system system ntkrnlpa exe is corrupt Error code xa As this is a mini notebook it doesn't have any floppy disc etc and I can't even get it to start Boot critical file corrupt - Win 7 starter in safe mode to try and fix Help Thanks Michael

A:Boot critical file corrupt - Win 7 starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacchy

Boot critical file
c:\windows\system\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe is corrupt
Error code 0xa

That is the Windows NT Kernel.

Try and boot using the HDD recovery partition - try system repair from there.

While the timing with the Windows Updates may make hardware failure seem unlikely - it is a possibility.

0xa = driver referenced invalid or bad memory. It could be either software or hardware (specifically RAM) related.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/boot-critical-file-corrupt-win-7-starter-604714.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
I bought a netbook a while back with Windows 7 Starter.

I had an extra upgrade key of 7 Home Premium from one of those 3 pack family upgrades so I upgraded the netbook and put the key in.

I want to reformat the netbook back to Windows 7 Starter and just use it's original Starter key it came with. Home Premium bogged it down too much.

My question is...

Is there a way I can reuse the upgrade key of 7 Home Premium on another computer or did I waste the license by putting it on the netbook?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Mogoamerica

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-to-home-premium-back-to-starter.1092964/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi My brother got his system infected with the sever exe Autorun.inf file virus which then put the sever exe and edited or placed the autorun inf file into the root directory of each of his drives external and internal So just a quick example C sever exe C autorun inf F sever exe F autorun inf Well of course I was transferring some files and he neglected to tell me that he had that virus So I got my system infected Now I ve appeared to clean my system up however my drive still has an issue The drive giving me the issue is a gb External HDD It must use the autorun inf file which was overwritten by the sever exe virus and now that the sever exe virus is gone whenever i try to open that drive by double clicking the icon from quot My Computer quot it asks me what do I want to open this file with I can still access my drive by just right clicking and choosing Explore but personally I d rather not have to do that Now the autorun Autorun.inf file inf file I have on the drive has this inside AutoRun open Sever exe shellexecute Sever exe shell Auto command Sever exe Obviously a result of the sever exe virus As I said I ve deleted all traces of sever exe and ran multiple scans with both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Hijack This and a few others that run off of Hirens and MiniPE None of them have returned any trace or issues I scanned the HJT log Autorun.inf file www hijackthis de using their log reader Anyway s I m just more looking for a copy of an autorun file I can use that will fix this issue or a quick fix so that it doesnt prompt me to choose what to open my external drive with I ll attach a DxDiag log of my system so you can see the basic rundown of it and a picture of the Prompt that I m getting so you can see exactly what I mean Thanks

A:Autorun.inf file

I'll give you this fix here instead of moving you to AIINot sure if this will work in your situation-------------------------Be sure to plug the drive in firstPlease download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207131/autoruninf-file/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Everybody Avira av has notified me of a blocked file for my safety Since then I ve been trying every malvare removal tools but no succes I m using a desktop PC and the OS is windows XP SP The problems mainly are Doubled boot time redirecting and rarerly freezing The file name is Autorun inf and the sub-folderis No Kill Can anyone help me pls to get rid of this problem Thank you G KirkpinarPlease follow the instructions in gt This Guide lt If you cannot complete a step skip it and continue Then post your DDS and GMER logs as a reply to this topic Once you have done that I autorun.inf file will remove my reply and consolidate the posts so that you retain your correct place in the queue If you can produce at least some of the logs then please explain what autorun.inf file happens when you try to create the log s that you couldn t get If you cannot produce any of the logs then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep Guide were unable to create the logs and describe what happens when you try to create the logs I tried most of the items as advised in prep guide DDS logs were produced before I posted the topic and they re still on my desktop Unfortunately I can not post them because Copy amp Paste command also doesn work This was stated typed in my first post in the empty space between the word NoKill and Can Anyone Funny isn t it My machine is really malfunctiong Waiting your advice pls EDIT Posts merged In that case just hold tight until one of our malware team get to your topic BudapestHi Budapest re autorun inf file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by oktay k rkp nar at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system netdde exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files T WinMate WinMate exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNSUpdater exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exeC WINDOWS system clipsrv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exeC Documents and Settings oktay k rkp nar Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn commStart Page hxxp www msn commWindow Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dllTB FEEA B -D F- C - B -DC E D F - No FileEB HP Smart Web Printing d d - bd - -a -cfc a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp bho dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun OpenDNS Updater quot c program files opendns updater OpenDNSUpdater exe quot autostartmRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot minmRun WMateTray quot c program files t winmate WinMate exe quot startdRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXEuPolicies-explorer NoPrintSharing x uPolicies-explorer NoFileSharing x uPolicies-explorer NoInstrumentation x uPolicies-explorer NoRecentDocsNetHood x mPolicies-explorer NoInstrumentation x mPolicies-explorer NoResolveTrack x mPolicies-explorer NoFileAssociate x IE DDE - C - c - - F B AA - DDE - C - c - - F B AA - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dllDPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE - hxxp download bitdefender com resources scanner sources en scan oscan cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFE... Read more

A:autorun.inf file

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Running Flash DisinfectorDownload Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from HERE and save it to your desktop. Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear. The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well. Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program. Reboot your computer when done.Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.NEXT:Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
V... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396250/autoruninf-file/
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried to delete file AUTORUN.INF containing subfolder named zhengbo which is unknown to me. After trying to delete it, a message pops up saying:

Cannot delete zhengbo.:cannot find the specified file.
Make sure you specify the correct path and file name.

I am using Windows XP SP2 AMD Turion X2.

What should I do to this problem? Is it virus or trojan behaviour? Plz help.

Thanks.

A:Cannot delete file AUTORUN.INF

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/cannot-delete-file-autorun-inf-421371.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have, for the past two days, been having a problem with my Autorun.exe file.

Every time I start to play a CD, nothing happens, when I place the CD in the drive, I double click the desktop icon, or even the icon on the C drive and it reads that it cannot located the autorun.exe file.

I have looked around the internet and they have told me to delete or rename the autorun.inf file. I even have software that will allow me to create an autorun.inf file.

I have used the run feature on the start menu to try and find any occurance of autorun.* and I will get the inf file. I have not been able to find the autorun.exe file.

What must I do to get it back.

Sincerely, groggy in georgia. lol

Relevancy 48.59%

I do not remember ever seeing this file " autorun.inf" in my thumb drive before. Someone borrowed the thumb drive recently and it came back with this file that I clearly remember not being there before.

My antivirus is not able to clean the file. Should I go ahead and do it manually?

If this is some kind of dangerous file, then has it already sent any of my information (after I plugged in the thumb drive) to the party where it originated from?

Please help me and suggest what I should do.

A:autorun.inf file found | Need help please

Sorry to bump the thread but I need help with this autorun.inf issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388846/autoruninf-file-found-need-help-please/
Relevancy 48.59%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Herman Nehru at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security enabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system fsproflt exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files USB Disk Security USBGuard exe C Program Files My Lockbox flockbox exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager delete file AUTORUN.INF Cannot IDMan exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Internet Download Cannot delete file AUTORUN.INF Manager IEMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Cannot delete file AUTORUN.INF Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C DOCUME HERMAN LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Herman Nehru Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co id Cannot delete file AUTORUN.INF mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dll BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagitBHO dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO CDelHotkeys Object f c-a - - dc -d dc b - c program files delicious add-on for internet explorer DeliciousExtension dll BHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dll BHO Cooliris Plug-In for Internet Explorer eaee c - d d- aca- - da a b ba - c program files piclensie cooliris dll BHO Ask Toolbar BHO f d f - - a- f-e f c f - c program files askpbar bar bin ASKPBAR DLL TB Delicious Toolbar d c -df - a- c d-dc b e ebe - c program files delicious add-on for internet explorer DeliciousExtension dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB Snagit ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagitIEAddin dll TB Ask Toolbar f d f - - a- f-e f c f - c program files askpbar bar bin ASKPBAR DLL TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - No File TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File EB Delicious Sidebar d c -ba - b- f- cc - c program files delicious add-on for internet explorer DeliciousExtension dll uRun IDMan c program files internet download manager IDMan exe onboot uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek audio installshield AzMixerSel exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun LManager c progra launch QtZgAcer EXE mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun USB Antivirus... Read more

I Apologize for the late response.

If you still require assistance, we would like to see the latest state of your system. So, please post a fresh DDS log and a new GMER log as described in this topic. In your reply, I would also like to know any symptoms you may still have and how your computer is running at the moment.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three-five days this thread will be closed.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cannot-delete-file-autorun-inf-421396.html
Relevancy 48.59%

In an effort to delete a corrupt dll file I strongly suspect having accidently deleted an AVG start-up autorun file This happened two days ago and this that time the AVG daily scheduled scan has not been done My operating system is Microsoft Windows second edition As part of the solution for finding the offensive file it was suggested that I download scan and post a copy and paste of quot autoruns quot In the process of trying to get a copy of the scan I know for sure that I deleted the first line of the autorun result As a result a copy of the present scan is shown below HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run AVG autorun AVG file missing!!!!! CC AVG Control Center GRISOFT s r o c program files grisoft avg free avgcc exe AVG EMC AVG E-Mail Scanner GRISOFT s r o c program files grisoft avg free avgemc exe AVGCtrl AntiVir Guard x Control Program H BEDV Datentechnik GmbH c program files avpersonal avgctrl exe AVSCHED AVSched H BEDV Datentechnik GmbH c program files avpersonal avsched exe Disc Detector Disc Detector Creative Technology Ltd c program files creative sharedll ctnotify AVG autorun file missing!!!!! exe FHC File not found C PROGRAM FILES FREE HISTORY CLEANER FREEHISTORYCLEANER exe LoadPowerProfile Power Profile Helper DLL Microsoft Corporation c windows system powrprof dll LoadQM Microsoft QMgr Microsoft Corporation c windows loadqm exe LVComs LVCom Server Logitech Inc c windows system lvcoms exe P P NETWORKING File not found C WINDOWS SYSTEM P P NETWORKING P P NETWORKING EXE PCShield Microsoft C Register Server Microsoft Corporation c windows system regsvr exe QuickTime Task File not found C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE ScanRegistry Registry Checker Microsoft Corporation c windows scanregw exe StillImageMonitor Still Image Devices Monitor Microsoft Corporation c windows system stimon exe supporter File not found C WINDOWS SYSTEM supporter exe SystemTray System Tray Applet Microsoft Corporation c windows system systray exe TaskMonitor Task Monitor Microsoft Corporation c windows taskmon exe TkBellExe RealNetworks Scheduler RealNetworks Inc c program files common files real update ob realsched exe C WINDOWS Start Menu Programs StartUp Corel Desktop Application Director LNK Desktop Application Director Corel Corporation Limited c corel suite programs dad exe Internet Answering Machine lnk File not found C PROGRA RNMS DLL Microsoft Office lnk Microsoft Office component Microsoft Corporation c program files microsoft office office osa exe SpywareGuard lnk SpywareGuard c program files spywareguard sgmain exe HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run msnmsgr File not found C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE PCShield Microsoft C Register Server Microsoft Corporation c windows system regsvr exe Taskbar Display Controls Control Panel DLL Microsoft Corporation c windows system deskcp dll What I need to know at this time is whether it is possible to recover this missing autorun file without having to delete everything related to AVG and re-downloading it again nbsp

A:AVG autorun file missing!!!!!

that would probably be easiest. redownload. disconnect from internet. uninstall old one. then install new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-autorun-file-missing.332158/
Relevancy 48.59%

Pls, when i try to open any of my local disks i get an error, missing autorun.vbs.
This problem started after an Avast Anti-virus scan was conducted on the system and the file was deleted as a suspicious script/malware.

A:Missing autorun.vbs file

Closing duplicate, please continue with other thread in Security: http://forums.techguy.org/security/573058-missing-autorun-vbs-file.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-autorun-vbs-file.573057/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, hello

Is there some way to autorun a .exe file on a Memorystick every time i plug the memory stick in?
I've got a few games on a few memorysticks (Rather than to fill up the HDD so the computer will startup slower), and it'd be nice if the .exe files that launches the games will start when i plug the memorystick in.
It's very nice if it's something that goes on the memorystick, because i use them on various desktops and laptops of mine, and it would be tiresome to make changes to every single computer.
Also, it's nice if it's not some program i have to download

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Autorun .exe file

Before I begin I would like to say that there are many tutorials on how to do this if you search it, please look it up before posting please :)

THIS IS NOT MY INFO I DONT TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR THIS, CREDIT FOR THIS INFO GOES TO THIS PAGE

Orignal Source: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5268081.html

1. Go to notepad

2. now think about the .exe that you want to open as soon as the memory stick is plugged in.

3. Here is the format of the notpad file

[autorun]
open=myprogram.exe
icon=myicon.ico

If the exe is not in the root then use this format
[autorun]
open=folder1\folder1A\myfile.exe
icon=myicon.ico
the .ico is not really needed its only if you have a .ico to go along with it.
4. After you fill out all of that information save it as a .inf file and put it in the root of the memory stick. IDK if it works for memory sticks though I dont see why not

5. There you go

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-autorun-exe-file-540906.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Can someone help me to make an autorun file for windows 10? My file is called huzuni.bat and i whant to make an autorun so this file can be starter when i open my pc or when i enter a usb at my computer.

A:autorun file at Windows 10

Depends. What is it for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-file-at-windows-10.1158695/
Relevancy 48.59%

My OS is windows and I have a My Book external HD that I use for a backup Whenever I do a complete Cannot delete a file "autorun.inf" backup I delete the previous backup so that I don't run out of room I have been doing this for years but today when I tried to delete the previous back up I get a message Cannot delete a "autorun.inf" file that says You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder with the normal Continue Skip and cancel buttons at the bottom When I click on the continue button I get another message that says You require permission from me to make changes to this folder --Try Again or Cancel I am the one who is trying to delete Cannot delete a "autorun.inf" file this folder so why can't I I have gone in to the folder and manually deleted most of the files except for several autorun inf files that belong to a photo album software called Flip Books I have always been able to delete these file before but today I can't I tried some of the fixes that I found online like taking ownership of the file--ACCESS DENIED was what I got I tried moving the file --nope---renaming the file---nope again Can't seem to make it go away

A:Cannot delete a "autorun.inf" file

What happened when you tried in Safe Mode to delete that pesky autorun.inf?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572767/cannot-delete-a-autoruninf-file/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi.

I am buring some software onto a disc and it would be pretty difficult to install for an average person. So i have devised an instruction list on what to do in a notepad file. Is there a way so that when they insert the disc that the notepad document would load straight away so they may read it?

A:Making a txt file autorun.

I have been thinkin about setting something up like this. Never got the chance, but if youfind a simple autorun file and copy, then open it in notepad, change what it says. If i am right you should only need

[AutoRun]
open=*.*

where the * can be any name or file extension.

The auto run files name has to be "autorun.inf" without the quotes. If you want i can post one if you can not get one. You can also possibly just write t in notepad and change the txt extension to.inf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/making-a-txt-file-autorun-220274.html
Relevancy 48.59%

my son download some files from pc to his lap top. i have windows xp 2000

A:c or d autorun.exe file not found

Could you explain the situation more fully.Such as: What is the problem you are having?How does Autorun.exe relate to this problem?An autorun.exe file is normally only found on external media, such as a CD.This should help:http://www.computing.net/howtos/show/how-to-ask-a-question-and-get-quality-replies/481.html

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/c-or-d-autorunexe-file-not-found/66082.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Pls, when i try to open any of my local disks i get an error, missing autorun.vbs.
This problem started after an Avast Anti-virus scan was conducted on the system and the file was deleted as a suspicious script/malware. I need help to fix this problem, am going nuts.

A:Missing autorun.vbs file

Hi, owena4lyf.

Welcome to TSG.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

If the above link is broken, try this link. Make sure you extract and save the Hijackthis.exe file in a Permanent folder, rather than a Temp folder.

In addition:

Be sure you have your USB Flash drive plugged in.

Note: this code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

Download the enclosed folder. Save and extract its contents to the desktop. It is a folder containing a Batch file, Autorunsquery.bat. Once extracted, open the folder and double click on the Autorunsquery.bat to run the file.

It will produce a file, Report.txt
Please post the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-autorun-vbs-file.573058/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am a Grandmother who is trying to run the Microsoft MoneyDeluxe Sunset download. I need a simple and clear direction on how to get the AUTORUN,Inf file box to stop blocking the download of the Sunset program. I can not delete it nor can I try downloading it again as the box always comes up.

It has slowed down my computer also.If someone has a solution it will save me from taking it in. I have Money 2007 deluxe on Windows XP

A:Corrupt AUTORUN.INF file

That file should not be "blocking" anything. Type the exact text of the error message you are receiving.

autorun.inf is a file that gives instructions on how a disk that has just been inserted should run. Sometimes it launches a program to install software, etc...

Is this what you are trying to download & install?
Download details: Money Plus Sunset Deluxe

If so, there's no disk involved, and no opportunity for an autorun.inf to get involved. Do you have a USB drive installed and is the program trying to download and install from there?

These are two completely different things. How does autorun.inf interfere with an online file download & install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/corrupt-autorun-inf-file-542423.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried to delete file AUTORUN.INF containing subfolder with a strange name 'zhengbo', which is unknown to me. and then a message pops up saying:
"Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk"

What should I do to this problem?
I have Windows XP SP2 processor AMD Turion x2.

Hello rappokalling

Try deleting it in Safe Mode

If that does not work, make sure your antivirus is up-to-date and run it both in Normal and Safe Mode.

Still no good? You need to visit our Virus Removal Forum
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-delete-file-autorun-inf-420999.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Office Starter Click To Run created a protected Q drive with it's file in it when I uninstalled it and I can't unprotect it even though I'm the administrator. Does anyone have any idea how I can unprotect this and get rid of it?

A:Office Starter Click To Run created a protected Q drive with it's file

Some information about Q-drive and Click-to-run here:
Can I hide or delete the Q drive? - Microsoft Community

and here:
Click-to-Run: Switch to using an MSI-based Office edition - Excel - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/261365-office-starter-click-run-created-protected-q-drive-its-file.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I was just inserting my new mp to the usb port when AVG detected a worm which I chose Heal and it was successful Now I autorun.vbs file find Cannot script tried to open the drive an error cam up Windows Script Host-Can not find Cannot find script file autorun.vbs script file quot autorun vbs quot I read somewhere that I might have deleted the autorun vbs which AVG identify as worm How can I rectify this Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard Cannot find script file autorun.vbs exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager SkypePM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Packard Bell R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAl... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I hope you can help. We locked down our computers from running autorun files. Now we have found an area that has to have the autorun work. We don't want it totally automatic, but want the user to have to manually start it.

How can we manually start an autorun file on a CD?

Thanks
Harv

A:Launch Autorun From Batch File

You right click on the CD-ROM via My Computer and select Autoplay or Install menu option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412834/launch-autorun-from-batch-file/
Relevancy 48.16%

I keep getting this same virus show up in my MSE "VirTool:INF/Autorun.gen!F". I have tried everything to get ride of it and it keeps coming back. There also seems to b a hidden trojan that comes with it that is almost impossible to find. I have downlaod every patch to stop auto runs but I still keep seeing this error. What can I do to stop this from happening again?

I was referred to this web-site from MS answers to try and make it easier to solve this problem. Here is the link that I have been using "http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/i-keep-getting-this/1a6db434-47d8-4e62-8099-0b5729bad7ab"

A:file:\Device\HarddiskVolume1\autorun.inf

Update and do a quick scan with Malwarebytes remove all that it finds and reboot.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/ecf14848530d11a2f09a94b92a69fcfa/

Post the log
Update do a quick scan with Superantispyware remove all this finds reboot.
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE
Post the log

Run a scan with Eset.
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
When the scan finish list found threats save to clipboard copy to notepad Post the log here.

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

Download Norman Malware Cleaner Run it Go to options then put a tick next to Enable rootkit cleaning. Hit the Full Scan>>>>>>>>Let it finish>>>>>>>>Go to the quarantine Tab>>>>>>> Tick the Select All>>>>>Then the Delete>>>>>>Quit
http://normanasa.vo.llnwd.net/o29/public/Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe
A log will appear on your desktop post that here in your next reply.
REBoot after Norman.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471844/filedeviceharddiskvolume1autoruninf/
Relevancy 48.16%

i can't double click enter to my hard drive and pop up this msg when i double click .Help me out here..

A:Can Not Find Script File C:/autorun.vbs

I googled the error and found a lot of references to viruses causing that problem. Try doing the virus scans in BC's malware removal guide. Let us know what it finds.Good luck, rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75922/can-not-find-script-file-cautorunvbs/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have some CD's that I would like to be able to add an autorun program to but the files are webpages (that run from the CD). I've tried some freeware that said it could make these files autorun but it didn't work. Anybody have any suggestions how I can make this work. I am running WindowsXP but the people viewing the CD's could be using any operating system although it would most likely be a version of Windows.

Thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

I would really appreciate any help in this matter: after running my antivirus (AVG Free edition) for the first time and letting it heal/move to the vault a few files, I started getting this message when trying to navigate to my C: drive with Windows explorer. If I left click on the drive I get some abracadabra instead of the usual "Open" and "explore" commands.

Many thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

A:Can Not Find Script File "c:\autorun.vbs"

Sounds like the virus has damaged your Windows installation. A repair install should be the fastest, easiest way to fix it (although visiting Windows Update afterwards will try your patience): http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108568/can-not-find-script-file-cautorunvbs/
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer is suffering from autorun.vbs i need serious help in this?? My rt clicks of my c, d, and e drives open and explore is diffrent like chinease letter. My mobile drive and pen drive also have same problem. What happen please help me ASAP.

A:what is autorun.vbs virus or its windows file..!!

Try this even if you dont have Symantec anti virus software: http:[email protected]#removalinstructions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-autorun-vbs-virus-or-its-windows-file.557994/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to install some software from a CD, but when I open setup.exe I'm getting the message "Problem reading file - E:\autorun.inf".
The CD I'm using has been used by a colleague to install software with no problems, so I think its something to do with my PC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem reading file - E:\autorun.inf

Show Hidden Files And Folders
Click Start
Click My Computer
On the menu bar click on Tools, and then Folder Options.
Click on the tab View
Underneath Show Hidden files and folders select Show Hidden files and folders
Untick Hide protected operating system files (recommended)
Click Apply, then Ok

Open up the E:\ Drive can you see autorun.inf?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-reading-file-e-autorun-inf-550001.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe can eliminate not help autorun.vbs script file C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C help eliminate can not script file autorun.vbs Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG help eliminate can not script file autorun.vbs MDM EXE C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer rootproxy cypress com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe autorun bat O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exe O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup Utility Tray lnk C WINDOWS system sistray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service NOD Kernel Service NOD krn - Eset - C Program Files Eset nod krn exe O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-eliminate-can-not-script-file-autorun-vbs.556981/
Relevancy 48.16%

A Toshiba laptop running windows 7 is not recognising when I put a disk with a program in it.

For example, when I insert an original windows 7 disk, the autoplay box pops up but only with the option to download photos, not to run the exe on the disk.

I thought it might have been a dvd or photo application that was installed but there doesn't seem to be anything like that installed.

Someone suggested going into the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\ and deleting Autorun.inf or modifying the value. When I do this it does fix the problem, but when I reboot, the original value has been restored and the problem is back.

Any help with this is appreciated.

A:Autorun not recognising file types.

Try this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2648 or this http://www.mydigitallife.info/fix-w...box-missing-or-not-appear-display-and-pop-up/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-not-recognising-file-types.1104462/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone )) I was wondering if anybody could help me out ?? not me so much but my girl friend?? she's just placed her USB flash drive in to the computer running XP and got this message
"cannot find script file G:autorun.vbs" and now can't get to any of her files!!! unfortunately she hasn't backed up the flash drive!! I know !!!! the thing is she has 2yrs of work on the drive!!!!! and is frantic!!! is it a virus?? is there anything we can do??

any help will be appreciated

A:cannot find script file G:autorun.vbs

Have you tried other USB ports on your computer to plug the drive into? Does other USB devices work?

Do you have (or have access to) another computer to plug the USB drive in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-script-file-g-autorun-vbs.568517/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hidden files and folders are set to display in my PC. I am able to see the usual hidden files but when I try to view my files from a MAC (via the network), I see a khx (Unix Executable File) and an autorun.inf folder. Are these files dangerous? Should I proceed with the clean-up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335687/khx-file-and-autoruninf-in-my-folders-should-i-be-worrried/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi..

I am understand that the autorun.inf file used to run an application on USB drive automatically. My question is how to write the autorun.inf file and open my homepage directly ?.

As example, my website is www.123.com, so after i plug in the broadband modem into my computer and connected to the internet, then my homepage www.123.com will be open on webrowser. How could i do that?..

Please help me..

Thank you,
Baharin

A:How to open my homepage from autorun.inf file ?

Is this similar to your thread here:

looking software open to specify homepage on internet startup ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-open-my-homepage-from-autorun-inf-file-553941.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,
I recently bought an external HDD to back up my files. I wrote a simple batch file to automatically backup files when its plugged into a pc.
Its only after writing this and playing around with an autorun.inf that I realised that autorun is disabled in windows 7 for usb devices.

Is there any workaround for this? I only need this to work on 3 computers so I've no problems installing additional software, changing registry keys or whatever is need to do to these computers to get it working.

Thanks

A:Autorun batch file on external hdd?

See http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-autorun.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/73454-autorun-batch-file-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 48.16%
A:AN autorun file got tagged onto my D drive....help

? A little more info please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-autorun-file-got-tagged-onto-my-d-drive-help.185909/
Relevancy 47.73%

Im running Windows XP pro SP I had used norton for a while but it stopped updating long ago due to subscription registration i thought it would still do the trick for protection i was wrong So i few days back i find i cant open the C by right clicking and hitting open or explore or double clicking the icon itself it would just bring up a quot choose programs list quot I researched this some and found it was probably due to some kind of quot autorun inf quot related file hidden wont delete autorun.inf that malware hidden autorun.inf file that wont delete I also found that i couldnt set folder options to show hidden files if i did the option would just reset back to keeping them hidden The guide i read suggested running up to date antivirus antispyware software I ran the stop sign virus scan and found i had all sorta of nasties in my computer only to find out to do anything with stop sign other than scan you had to pay I also ran WIndows Live Onecare under their day free trial which hidden autorun.inf file that wont delete allowed me to remove infections But the problems with the C and hidden files remained So i did further research on this issue and found guides that helped me out alot The first one was somewhat poorly witten in regards to english syntax It had me locate and remove the autorun inf file in the C and also had me do some checking in regedit and msconfig ultimatley I just neded up deleted a autorun inf and turning off autorun to all my drives inclduing C This solved my problem with not being able to open C At the end of this article the autother suggested using the tool at this link http www techsupportforum com sect isinfector exe I used the tool and it didnt seem to do anything it asked me if i had a flash drive to put it in before running the program I ran it two times the first time i ran it i didnt put a flash drive in I later ran it a second time with a falsh drive which ill describe later SO hidden autorun.inf file that wont delete there was still the problem with not being able to view hidden files The nd article i found was a huge help it basically had me go into regedit and do a few simple things Afterwards i was able to view hidden files and folders Now heres the PROBLEM Now that i can view them i noticed a hidden folder in C called quot autorun inf quot inside this folder is a hidden file called quot lpt This folder was created by Flash Disinfector quot I figured it would be best to delete this folder and the file inside but it wont let me Ive tried every way to delete that i know how and i get a message saying quot Erorr Deleting File or Folder quot as the title and the message below says quot Cannot delete lpt This folder was created by Flash Disinfector Cannot find the specified file Make sure you specify the correct path and file name quot This same message applies when i try to delete the file inside the directory I cant move or cut either the folder or file anywhere as well I also tried running that program again fromt he link above but with a flash drive put in It ran like it did excet the hiddel folder and file wa still in C and now its on my flash drive as a hidden folder http www techsupportforum com sect isinfector exe Other than this I havent noticed anythign odd The onyl thing noticable now is that somwhere along the lines recently my computer uses the screen saver never did before and when you go back to use it you have to select the user there only one on my computer from the user select screen you get at startup I was very long winded and descriptive here because I saw that so many other people were having very similar problems maybe this will be helpful to others

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hidden-autorun-inf-file-that-wont-delete-199861.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there,I have SL500 and there are three partitions: SW_Preload (C: ), Lenovo (Q: ) and SERVICEV003 (S: ).The Q and S partitions are for Lenovo recovery.  I wanted to clone my HDD to a new SSD drive. Therefore, I take out the HDD from the laptop and connected it to another computer through a HDD box and USB port. However and unfortunately, the security application automatically deleted the Autorun files from both Q and S.After that, I put back the HDD to laptop and when I double clik on any of the Q or S, it shows the "Application not found" error.Just wondering how to fix this problem, because I want to clone the HDD to SSD and do a factory format soon. THanks for your help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Accidentally-deleted-quot-Autorun-quot-file-from-Lenovo-Q-and/td-p/3381653
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I ve autorun file-GICAN/Prasican, USB hidden been having issues with my USBs Whenever I plug them into a computer USB hidden file-GICAN/Prasican, autorun the image of the USB isn t a HD image but a file image and I can never double click right click explore or even autoplay nothing happens -I always have to wait for the window to pop up on its own and that takes mins I brought my USB into uni and I see either two things a hidden file by the name of GICAN and within it something called Prasican exe or an autorun file that was not there before I can delete the GICAN file but I can t delete the autorun file Also I can never safely remove the usb as the computer says something is utilising the usb I think these two things are my problems because when I re-format my USBs they become normal but once I plug them back into my laptop or my desktop the next time I bring it into uni I get the same problems all over again sometimes even with the virus alert I ve tried using Malwarebytes but it doesn t seem to detect it I googled prasican and it s some kind of russian virus What can I use to remove it Thanks

A:USB hidden file-GICAN/Prasican, autorun

Hello, I believe they are malware and of the autorun type. Probably tranferred via USB to any machine it touched.Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsPlease click this link-->JottiWhen the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit. <filepath>suspect.file Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/If this is XP/VistaPlease download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349465/usb-hidden-file-gicanprasican-autorun/
Relevancy 47.73%

here is the hijackthis log i have more computers with the same problem please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService problem... also hidden all on drives autorun same old file exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http same old hidden file problem... also autorun on all drives go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O same old hidden file problem... also autorun on all drives - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B FE C D dll O - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run cdoosoft C WINDOWS system olhrwef exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run DeskSpace J DeskSpace v deskspace exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce TSClientAXDisabler cmd exe C quot systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscdsbl bat quot User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User SY... Read more

A:same old hidden file problem... also autorun on all drives

hey guys? i need help solving this problem!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-old-hidden-file-problem-also-autorun-on-all-drives.833125/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have created a disc with an Autorun.inf file that tries to automatically run a SWF file on the disc, however the SWF file type is not associated with a program. I can obviously manually associate this file with the program I would like to open it with (Internet Explorer), but would like to find a way to do this automatically for when I distribute the disc to my team. Is there any code I can add to the autorun.inf file to do this? Or is there another file I would need to create to work alongside the Autorun file?

Thanks

A:Creating Autorun.inf that associates file with appropriate program

You don't need to associate it, just have IE open it:
"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "[path\]MySwf.swf"

If it's a 64 bit OS you need to use %ProgramFiles(x86)% instead of %ProgramFiles%.

So you would need your autorun.inf file to start a batch file which can then check if it's a 64 bit OS and run the file. If you put the swf file in the same folder as the batch file you can use %~dp0 to specify the path to the swf file

Code:
If "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"=="" (
"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "%~dp0MySwf.swf"
) Else (
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "%~dp0MySwf.swf"
)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-autorun-inf-that-associates-file-with-appropriate-program.979384/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys,

would appreciate the help trying to troubleshoot the problem I have. As I've said in the top, I'm trying to write an autorun file to help with running a programme when a USB is plugged into a computer. But so far I haven't been successful in the autorun. Here is what I typed into the inf file

[Autorun]
Open=USB\Tools\OperaPortable\OperaPortable.exe
Action=Start OperaPortable.exe

and I have the exact same file in my thumbdrive at the same directory.

Thanks in advance!

A:Trying to write an autorun file to make software run on USB plug in

Lets hope you are not using Windows 7, since MS dropped the autorun feature...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/trying-to-write-an-autorun-file-to-make-software-run-on-usb-plug-in.48264/
Relevancy 47.3%

When I try to open my Sandisk USB 1 GB memory stick, I get this message ‘Can not(SIC) find script file “J://autorun.vbs”.’
This only happens when I double click on the USB drive from the “My Computer window”. If I just put in the drive for the first time, it opens OK.
I got an alert from McAfee virus scan yesterday, about a Trojan horse detected and removed. So sorry, can’t remember the name, can’t find any log file. I scanned the computer and USB memory stick, both say clean now. But when I try to ‘double click’ open the memory drive, I still get the error “Can not find script file “J://autorun.vbs”.’ and the drive won’t open.
Do I have a virus?
Should I just format the stick drive? I guess I will only loose some software that came with the drive?
Thanks,
Drew

Relevancy 47.3%

Worm virus found in Autorun.int file on USB in virus found Worm drive Autorun int file on USB drive Hi I'm new to the technical side of managing my system and a friend suggested i post my hijackthis log here Yesterday i plugged one of my USB drives into my laptop and AntiVir popped up saying it had found a worm virus Worm virus found in Autorun.int file on USB drive in the Autorun int file I had previously been using the USB stick at university I think i've deleted the virus but i just wanted to check that my system was clean I went through the step process before running a scan in Hijackthis Although did not install IE-Spyad as i run firefox The online active scan found infected files and i've attached the log to this thread Although i had to run my computer in safe mode as it took too long it was at after hours in normal mode Before running hijackthis i also updated my windows vista system to service pack I have SuperAntispyware and AntiVir installed on my computer Haven't noticed any major issues with my computer only perhaps a bit slower Would be grateful if someone could tell me if i've managed to rid myself of this virus Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities VolControl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program F... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/worm-virus-found-in-autorun-int-file-on-usb-drive-301010.html
Relevancy 47.3%

picture this picture when i perform a right click......what the hell is written over there??when i double click my c drive....it displayed "can not find script file c:\autorun.vbs"....any other way then formatting??

A:Wnidows Displayed "can Not Find Script File C:\autorun.vbs"

Think you have a flash drive infection but not sureYour best option would be Please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may have performed some of these steps already. About half way down are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log.When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log here.After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91295/wnidows-displayed-can-not-find-script-file-cautorunvbs/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all Glad to see such a place Hope y all can help me with a problem Let me be as detailed as possible so apologies in advance if the post / Trojan.Clive.B / Help needed removing autorun.inf autorun.exe / Solved: in VBS/small is too long I want to give as full a description of my PC problem I tried posting this earlier but I was informed it was too long I ll post this in two parts the first involving the office computer the second involving my home computer Both have the same problem with regard to the flash drive I recently purchased a Kingston Data Traveler GB flash drive I have used in several computers but the problem reared up after I used it in a coworker s computer and then connected the flash drive to my office computer Office computer WinXP Pro SP AVG Free The flash drive Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe worked fine until one day I got gibberish characters for quot Open quot and quot Explore quot when I right-click the drive using my office computer AVG found VBS small and deleted the offending file However in another computer running Avast it found the same trojan and deleted it Still dubious I ran the BitDefender online scanner and it detected Trojan Clive B in autorun exe instead found in E RECYCLER I ran Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe PRT and it restored the quot Open quot and quot Explore quot after removing the autorun Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe inf but after rebooting and reconnecting the flash drive the gibberish is back I downloaded clean-autoruns and hijackthis on my office computer The following are the log files as of today August AM Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system soundmix exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS smcfg exe C Program Files Elantech ktp exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www neo com ph O - Hosts www xldd com O - Hosts www ojiang com O - Hosts www shuixian net O - Hosts www xlarea com O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SMcfg smcfg exe -s O - HKLM Run KTPWare C Program Files Elantech ktp exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run soundmix C WINDOWS system soundmix exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Startup Microsoft Outlook lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C ... Read more

A:Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-in-removing-vbs-small-trojan-clive-b-autorun-inf-autorun-exe.604838/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I ve AutoRun.Agent.DO trojan AutoRun.Delf.AG Virut.NBP worm, worm, worm, Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI Injector.LTG been getting frequent notifications from ESET NOD Antivirus about some IP addresses being blocked by it Because of this I scanned my PC with it It detected some viruses but I still get the same notifications To be more specific I ll attach the scan logs ESET NOD Antivirus scan logs PM HTTP filter Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan file http x Win AutoRun Delf AI worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan detected upon access Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win AutoRun Delf AG worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win AutoRun Delf AI worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win Virut NBP virus connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system pfq exe a variant of Win Injector LTG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system vt exe a variant of Win Injector LTG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win AutoRun Delf AG worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system x exe Win AutoRun Delf AI worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system x exe Win AutoRun Agent DO worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a file modified by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe Also since I ve become worried about it I also used HijackThis to check if there are suspicious processes Here is the log HijackThis scan log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Faronics Deep Freeze Install C- DFServ exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AlienGUIse wbload exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files TaskSwitchXP TaskSwitchXP exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program ... Read more

A:Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/431705 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431705/virutnbp-virus-autorundelfai-worm-autorundelfag-worm-autorunagentdo-worm-injectorltg-trojan/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Windows Pro SP bit Intel i CPU GHz GB RAM This problem just started recently or I only noticed it in the past week or so When I'm in any application that launches the File Open dialog including any browser's quot Select File Browse quot button to choose a after hangs File made File dialog Choose selection or application Open local file when I select a file even a small K file from the dialog and the dialog File Open or Choose File dialog hangs application after selection made closes there is a - second delay before File Open or Choose File dialog hangs application after selection made the app responds and either opens the file or in the case of a browser displays the file name In those - seconds the app is non-responsive In a browser other fields on the form cannot be clicked or selected for the - second period -- then the selected filename appears on the form This happens in all browsers I tried Chrome IE Firefox and Safari I also booted Windows in safe mode and the problem still occurred I also ran KingSoft Office Writer and selected File- gt Open and the same issue occurs after selecting the file -- there is a noticeable delay that wasn't previously there In a code editor PSPad opening a file does the same thing as well hangs for several seconds after selecting the file Randomly during testing but probably lt of the time it doesn't delay and works properly I ran System File Checker and MS Security Essentials but both turned up a clean machine Has anyone else experienced anything like this lately Thanks Vinnie

A:File Open or Choose File dialog hangs application after selection made

Figured this one out... It turns out a network attached drive was not on for some reason and I had a drive letter mapped to it. Once I turned the drive back on, the hanging symptom went away!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319940-file-open-choose-file-dialog-hangs-application-after-selection-made.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Every time I add a removable storage device to my computer usb pen devices trojan Virus autorun to file and removable adding storage drives or memory cards etc Avast flashes up a warning about a virus worm and a trojan and sure enough when I check my removable storage there are two new files added Autorun inf BV AutoRun-G Wrm Malware Type Virus Worm When I use avast it either attempts to delete the file and says quot Cannot process specified file quot or I can remove it and the files just add's itself back onto the removable storage I have run various scans and too be honest I don't exactly know what I'm looking for as I'm not sure Virus adding autorun file and trojan to removable storage devices what kind of file or virus is continuing to add this autorun file to any removable storage I checked a few forums and people thought that if you disable autorun on removable storage devices and then run a virus scan and remove the infected files I have attached my hijackthis log so was hoping somebody would be able to spot something that is causing this autorun inf file to be added to any removable storage device and added again once it has been removed Thanks Mark

A:Virus adding autorun file and trojan to removable storage devices

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250332/virus-adding-autorun-file-and-trojan-to-removable-storage-devices/
Relevancy 45.58%

recently I inserted a flash drive in my desktop computer and immediately I got a pop-up from Norton Anti-virus saying the autorun.inf file is infected (may be there was some virus in the flash drive data) and I think it has deleted the file from C drive. after that the icons for the C drive and other drives are not showing up and also the icons are not displayed for some of the file types (like text files and some other files). I restarted the computer, but the problem still remains. how can I restore this file now and also the missing icons for the drives and the file types? Thanks in advance.

A:restore autorun.inf file and missing drive icons (deleted by Norton Antivirus)

Do a system restore, and if you have norton, go into settings untick the box tamper protection and smart firewall, or norton will block the restore,

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294022-restore-autorun-inf-file-missing-drive-icons-deleted-norton-antivirus.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone, I tried to disable autorun per Microsoft's instructions. They said that there was no way to disable it through Windows interface and that you must edit the registry to disable autorun. I followed their instructions...went to open, "regedit", followed the steps to the CD drive, and entered the value as "0" per their instructions. Problem is when I insert a disk into the disk drive it still autoruns about half the time. It's only about half the time though. What is this all about. If it makes any difference it seems newer software auto runs but old stuff doesn't. Thanks for the advice!

A:Disabled autorun in the resgistry but autorun still working?

A workaround I sometimes use is hold down the Shift key when inserting the CD, the autorun is then bypassed. But this doesnt solve your issue.

Right-click on the drive icon for your CD drive, and select Properties.
Choose the AutoPlay tab, and choose the desired action for each type of CD. For example, choose Music CD, then click Select an action to perform, then select Take no action.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabled-autorun-in-the-resgistry-but-autorun-still-working-132956.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I was checking Microsoft Office Word Starter and in Starter file doc(x) a How to see in hidden or hidden streams text I realized that one of the files had hidden text in it From Options - Display I chose show hidden text and it was quot Top of Form quot How to see hidden text or hidden streams in a doc(x) file in Starter at the top of the page But I got curious about this and made some search and I realized that you can hide text in a txt file with a stream method and also there can be hidden streams in processes also How can I find out if a doc x file has no streams in it I mean the hidden text may be seen by the method of Options - Display but can someone hide something with a password in a doc x file If yes how can I find this out How can someone create a hidden text protected with a password in a txt or doc x or any other file How can it be seen How can it be removed How can someone hide anything in a process How can it be seen How can it be removed Thank you

A:How to see hidden text or hidden streams in a doc(x) file in Starter

not familiar with the txt embed you are talking about.
Dropping foreign script into a process is a pretty basic VB method though I suppose you could call it injection even though that's only half accurate.
In fact almost the entire .net framework and your extended .dll library are there for that specific purpose.
common pieces of code and functions are supported by the various link libraries and allow programers shortcuts, instead of writing a bit of code themselves they just call on the injection of code from the 'database' windows has in place already.
Another place this happens is in copy protection, where a executable is written then the copy protection is added in using a tool for the purpose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/218607-how-see-hidden-text-hidden-streams-doc-x-file-starter.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I already tried to scan my computer with avg anti-spyware but i can t save the report I also tried panda to scan my computer but it won t push through with the scan i don t know why C:\autorun.vbs not I script find PROBLEM...Windows SAME Host:Can Script THE file HAVE the only log file i can give is from hijackthis exe program please please please help me regarding my present situation Attached is my log file with hijackthis program Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...Windows Script Host:Can not find script file C:\autorun.vbs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Jason B Joson Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www verizon yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...Windows Script Host:Can not find script file C:\autorun.vbs Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su verizon http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe autorun bat O - I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...Windows Script Host:Can not find script file C:\autorun.vbs BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C PROGRA Skype Phone IEPlugin SKYPEI DLL O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA YAHOO COMMON yiesrvc dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O... Read more

A:I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...Windows Script Host:Can not find script file C:\autorun.vbs

Cookigal, I already tried to scan my computer with avg anti-spyware but i can't save the report. I also tried panda to scan my computer but it won't push through with the scan, i don't know why. the only log file i can give is from hijackthis.exe program. please please please help me regarding my present situation thanks....

Attached is my log file with hijackthis program:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:06:06 PM, on 4/3/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jason B. Joson\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.verizon.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = wmplayer.exe //ICWLaunch
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,autorun.bat
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\Phone\IEPlugin\SKYPEI~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\COMMON\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-the-same-problem-windows-script-host-can-not-find-script-file-c-autorun-vbs.557813/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello infected with and File Win32/Autorun!inf Win32/Fakerecy server We have a small office with a Dell Poweredge file server running Ubuntu It is File server infected with Win32/Fakerecy and Win32/Autorun!inf on and wired to several workstations running Window Pro Windows Pro and Windows Pro The only antivirus in use on these workstations is Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender Several days ago a Full Scan in Defender detected these items Worm Win Autorun inf file Z FolderA autorun inf Worm Win Fakerecy A file Z FolderA Recycled ctfmon exe FolderA is a shared network folder drive residing on the file server which is also shared in its entirety as drive Z Defender's suggestion is to remove them so they were removed However scanning again immediately afterward using MSE or Defender shows the same two worms Webroot Avast Kaspersky Panda Malwarebytes were also tried but either did not detect the worms though some of those programs may not have the ability to scan a network drive or removed them only for the worms to reappear as MSE and Defender Local scans of several Windows and Windows workstations were done but the worms are not detected locally in drive C only in the shared FolderA on the file server How should I go about removing these worms Thank you

A:File server infected with Win32/Fakerecy and Win32/Autorun!inf

Hi. Firstly please read and respond to the below:

Company Computers

Since this is a company computer, you may need to obtain permission to carry out the steps I give to you. We will be making system-wide changes to this computer which may be against your company's IT policy. Such action may result in disciplinary action being taken against you. I must stress that I, in no way, accept liability for this or for any unforeseen eventuality as a result of the instructions I give you (including, but not limited to, data loss).

In addition, if your company has an IT support infrastructure I urge you to contact them to resolve your issue - it's what they're paid to do; whereas I volunteer.  

In order to continue to receive my help I would like you to confirm that you have the authority to work on the PC and that you accept my conditions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563248/file-server-infected-with-win32fakerecy-and-win32autoruninf/
Relevancy 42.14%

Cookigal I already file Windows Script script c:\autorun.vbs find Host: not Can tried to scan my computer with avg anti-spyware but i can t save the report I also tried panda to scan my computer but it won t push through with the scan i don t know why the only Windows Script Host: Can not find script file c:\autorun.vbs log file i can give is from hijackthis exe program please please please help me regarding my present situation thanks Attached is my log file with hijackthis program Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Script Host: Can not find script file c:\autorun.vbs Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C Windows Script Host: Can not find script file c:\autorun.vbs PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Jason B Joson Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www verizon yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe autorun bat O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C PROGRA Skype Phone IEPlugin SKYPEI DLL O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA YAHOO COMMON yiesrvc dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Windows Script Host: Can not find script file c:\autorun.vbs

this is the 3rd post about the same problem

you will not get faster help tagging on to other threads or continually posting

other posts here
http://forums.techguy.org/security/557813-i-have-same-problem-windows.html

someone will get round to helping you. Just wait your turn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-script-host-can-not-find-script-file-c-autorun-vbs.557818/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I could not open my local disk drives by double clicking or right-clicking it shows quot Can not find script file quot c autorun vbs quot instead i have to search thru folders I read the issues before so I know you guys can help me here is my post Hijack This log Kindly help me in resolving this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S "c:\autorun.vbs" not find Can file script EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgr exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system Can not find script file "c:\autorun.vbs" ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files Common Can not find script file "c:\autorun.vbs" Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO TVEngine Helper - B DD -C - fc-AC - FECFF ED - c program files hbtools hbtv hbtvhelper dll O - BHO URLDetector Class - EA -F E - D A-B B - B FCB - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Prevx pxbho dll O - BHO H amp otbar - CC F -EB - A -B - A E DB - C Program Files HbTools Bin HbtHostIE dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar H amp otbar - CC F -EB - A -B - A E DB - C Program Files HbTools Bin HbtHostIE dll O - Toolbar Yahoo - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run wcmdmgr C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgrl exe -launch O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE -startup O - HKLM Run RavAV C WINDOWS RavMonE exe O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PrevxOne quot C Program Files Prevx PXConsole exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveS... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I've tried troubleshooting the problem from the forum but doesn't seem to work. I keep getting this message after the 1st time I logged online with my new laptop, Cannot findscript file "C:\autorun.vbs". Are you able to help me troubleshoot this problem step by step?

tq

A:Cannot find script file "C:\autorun.vbs"

That may be malware, either a virus, worm, or some spyware, check this site here for some help; http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html , and run scans with a anti-virus and a spyware removal program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-script-file-c-autorun-vbs.563106/
Relevancy 41.71%

Our individual workstations do not have CD drives. We install all of our software from the file server CD drive. Normally, I just find the Setup or Autorun file & am able to install software to the individual workstations.

I am trying to install some new software to the workstations, but when I click on Autorun nothing happens. I can't find a Setup file on the CD. Is there a way to force the installation to start when Autorun doesn't work?

A:Force installation from "Autorun" file?

Is the autorun file a .exe file or a .inf?

If its a .inf open it in notepad.
Find the line

OPEN=XXXXXX.EXE

The part after the = is the setup/installation file that you should find on the CD and run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/force-installation-from-autorun-file.115475/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi!
i have the same problem as the ones in the thread regarding the "can not find script file "C:\autorun.vbs" ". I cannot open my hard drive and it also contains garbage text. If u could give me a hand on how to solve this problem, I'l gladly appreciate it. thanx a bunch!! I have here the screen shot of the problem.....

A:can not find script file "C:\autorun.vbs"

plssssssssssss
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hwuahhhhhhh!!!!
anyone???????/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-find-script-file-c-autorun-vbs.573227/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone, I have a problem, I have an external hard disk with 1 TB memory. It contain lots of important stuff. The problem is every time I open my Hard Disk it is not a file folder. It is an application. So when I click on the folder, it opens a new window. I can access the files but the problem is this has happened to me before and it didn't bother me until my anti virus cleaned up everything on my hard disk. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-folder-becomes-application-494318.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Been looking around and I can't find an application that meets my needs.

I have a ton of files in directories and subdirectories that I want to pull out into just one folder so I can mass rename them, but no programs I've seen online will do this, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Can someone point me in the right direction?

A:File moving application.

I don't know of a utility for this.
If I had to do it, I'd open two explorer windows, side-by-side and just right-click, drag, and move the files.
Depending on the file names, you might be able to create a batch file with the move command.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-moving-application.729914/
Relevancy 41.71%

I don't know if I am in the correct category but this is my problem. Last week I ran the clean disc option and wound up deleting something from my recycle bin that is needed to open applications on my computer. It was possibly a global.org file???
Anyway, I am getting this message everytime I try to do different things.......Windows cannot find SirC32.exe this program is needed for opening files of type 'Application'.
I am hoping that someone will know what I need to do to find this "lost" program and reinstall it.

thanks, D

A:Lost application file

moving to security, you have a virus

view this thread

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=55481&highlight=SirC32.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-application-file.58253/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. Does anyone know what function the TMP file application
~DF1A2D.tmp performs?

A:tmp file application ~DF1A2D.tmp

Hi gregpolo and welcome to TSF !

.tmp files are usually randomly named, can't tell you to what application it's related. Where is the file ? Send it through http://virusscan.jotti.org/ if you fear it could be linked to some malware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tmp-file-application-df1a2d-tmp-314673.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am looking for a .msi file for the PDFforge application. Looks like it has been removed from the website but I need one so that I can deploy it to our network without all of the leg work. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-file-for-pdfforge-application.856043/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, in our company we have a problem on several machines and we need to monitor some workstations to guess which applications write several folders (with chinese characters that stop backup process), and for that purpose i've been looking for an application.

First I found was Process Monitor, it works quite well, but the log it generates is really huge (gigabytes) even filtering only desired events (file/folder writing on a specific drive), and i'm looking for Reliabilty Monitor that comes with Windows Vista to setup that event logging, but I find no help on that windows feature nor I know if it can be done.

Do you know how to manage to do this with Reliabilty Monitor or other utility that monitors file system activity?

Thanks,
Salva.

A:File monitor application

If you want to monitor a file/folder on a drive I would think that process monitor would be the choice. You can get a process (application) activity summary at any time by clicking tools on the menu bar, then selecting process activity summary. This will show which applications have written to the file/folder at that point of time.

Of course, you would have to filter by 'path is' which it sound like you are doing. I have attached a copy of the process activity summary below:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-monitor-application.843129/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to remove a little calendar program, and can get it all off EXCEPT something called "calmonitor". Am told I don't have permission! This is a home computer - not networked. What to do?

Relevancy 41.28%

I need a product that can open most kinds of files, I already have Adobe & Acrobat but I still get files I can't open to view- I tried the Search thing but it's a little confusing. I have windows xp and internet explorer, if it makes any difference. Thanks

A:Need application for opening most file types

Hi, We would need to know the file extension .xxx in order to help you. The name of the program the files are supposed to work with would also be enough. If these files are something you downloaded, they most often are .exe or self executing program installs. A double click will usually start the install. Some downloaded from the Internet programs come in .zip format, compressed, and you need a program like WinZip or PKUnzip to "open" them or extract the files to a folder. You may or may not then have to click the .exe file in that folder...
If they are pictures or email attachments, files you were sent- you need to be careful they are what they seem to be, as viruses are easy to get by clicking attachments to emails or by downloading the wrong things. If you list the file extension and/or tell us what the file is we can help a lot more. You should have "Show all files" enabled under View>Folder Options in Windows Explorer, and also the box unchecked for "Hide file extensions for known file types" to see the extensions and all files.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a .pdf or personal document viewer and more, the free version is really all you basically need for dealing with things like online forms, tax forms specifically- and it comes with most pre-loaded systems.
There are built in programs (in Windows) to view text, pics, graphics, for Excel spreadsheets there are viewers you can download, same for Word docs, and so on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-application-for-opening-most-file-types.153798/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello All

I have 2 missing or corrupt Dlls One is <C_SpURs.DLL the other is <C_PsdRs.DLL.
Everything seems like it's working OK. It just pops up upon a fresh boot up or reboot.
I have to hit OK every time. Is it serious potentially? It is aggravating anyway and I would like to get rid of it. Thanks for any or all help. Al

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psd-runtime-application-resource-file.908050/
Relevancy 41.28%

Every time I try to open something on my laptop i get this message - Application cannot be executed. The file? **** is infected. It allows does not let me connect to the internet and I am having to post this on my ipod which means I can not download programs to help. I am also using vista. Thanks

A:Application cannot be executed. The file **** is infected

Hi, did you try to use safe mode and see if that allows you to access the internet? Would you have the possibility to use a friend/family members computer to download some tools to a flashdrive or CD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338064/application-cannot-be-executed-the-file-is-infected/
Relevancy 41.28%

At first an important request Please read new really to extensions How application? really, to file re-assign my problem carefully The solution is not as How to really, really re-assign file extensions to new application? easy at it seems to be at the first glance Since WinXP I have a problem when I want to re-assign a file extension to another application the program which should be used when double clicking on a certain file in WinExplorer This problem appears particularly when the old current application is NOT existing any more Assume the following step-by-step simplified sample scenario File extension avi is assigned to the well known videoplayer VLC in D videoplayer vlc v Now I extract another PORTABLE videoplayer foobarplayer exe into D videoplayer foobar I delete the vlc player directory D videoplayer vlc v Ok I admit it would be better to officially uninstall it But the problem shouldn't exists here anyway Now I want to re-assign avi extension to the new player Therefore I right click in WinExplorer on an avi program and select Open With- gt Choose default program- gt Browse I navigate to the new program foobarplayer exe and click OK Surprisingly the OpenWith dialog still marks the old videoplayer program vlc or NO program Even worse The new program is oftentimes not visible in this dialog This drives me crazy It seems that internally Win still has Registry settings linked to the old default program which CANNOT be OVERWRITTEN by this way The official often recommended re-assigning does NOT work I tried to find another way without luck It seems to me that direct hacking the Registry is the only way Can this be real I cannot believe that WinOS do not offer a real smarter enforced overwrite of file extension associations There are older programs as quot assoc quot and quot ftype quot which help me to do the job But they are almost as uncomfortable as editing the Registry directly This problem is NOT porgram specific but happened with a couple of programs in the past Probably it is because of the two-step association which cannot be handled by this way avi--- gt videofile--- gt videoplayer So again is there a real easy way tool of re-assigning file extension to new programs regardless of what crap stuff is currently existing in Registry for that file extension Thank you Peter

A:How to really, really re-assign file extensions to new application?

Hello pstein,

Assigning VLC mediaplayer with the avi file manually is different from having VLC Media player do it. In addition, deleting VLC Media Player in the Program Files folder, manually does not include registry uninstallations. In order to remove it, we must do it manually, here's how: Open with - Clean Up and Remove Programs

In making Foobar your default player, use the Default Programs application found in the start menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224721-how-really-really-re-assign-file-extensions-new-application.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys! I'm having a terrible time with this virus I've got on my computer. I cannot open any programs other than firefox... well as far as I've seen without a pop up saying "Application cannot be executed the file soandso.exe is infected, do you want to activate your antivirus software?" Clicking no does nothing as does clicking yes. I'm not all that great with computers... obviously or I wouldn't be asking for your help! ;) So if anyone can help me with this I would be so appreciative! Thanks for your time.

-Michelle

A:application cannot be executed the file ---.exe is infected

Whoops! I didn't know I posted that before I had the logs ready. I had to run in safe mode to open dds and gmer and I came back to make a post and seen I had already made one! Anyway, here they are.

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86 NETWORK
Run by Administrator at 2:40:57.03 on Tue 07/13/2010
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_17
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1023.809 [GMT -4:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\dds.com

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = <local>
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5577
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - No File
BHO: {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - No File
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - No File
EB: {32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478} - No File
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [ares] "c:\program files\ares\Ares.exe" -h
uRun: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "c:\program files\yahoo!\messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
mRun: [wdpvfqeb] c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\application data\athsfimum\jdihwoatssd.exe
dRun: [wdpvfqeb] c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\application data\athsfimum\jdihwoatssd.exe
dRunOnce: [WUAppSetup] c:\program files\common files\logishrd\WUApp32.exe -v 0x046d -p 0x0990 -f video -m logitech -d 11.5.0.1145
IE: Add to AMV Converter... - c:\program files\mp3 player utilities 4.15\amvconverter\grab.html
IE: Add to Media Manager... - c:\program files\mp3 player utilities 4.15\mediamanager\grab.html
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949}
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} -

c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\ONBttnIE.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} -

c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} - hxxp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} - hxxp://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} - c:\program files\yahoo!\common\Yinsthelper.dll
DPF: {5AE58FCF-6F6A-49B2-B064-02492C66E3F4} -

hxxp://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ClientControl/en/x86/MuCatalogWebControl.cab?1233113106953
DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} - hxxp://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/ultrashim.cab
DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} - hxxp://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab56907.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_03-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_05-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/application-cannot-be-executed-the-file-exe-is-infected-497146.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have recently been having trouble installing and running various programs on my computer mainly microsoft office and itunes when i do try to install the programs a microsoft window pops Corrupted Data File Application up and says Corrupted Application Data File quot an error occurred while trying to create the directory C DocumentsandSettings AllUsers Application Data quot I did try to resolve the problem by using my windows XP service pack CD and completed the sfc scannow yes with the space between sfc and yet i still cannot Corrupted Application Data File use many of my programs I have tried this solution twice now restarting Corrupted Application Data File my computer before the second attempt the scan took approximately mins each time Also whenever i am able to use a program a beige pop up appears in the notification area of the taskbar near the clock above a yellow triangle with an exclaimation mark inside stating for example my security centre quot CA Security Centre casc exe - Corrupt File the file or directory DocumentsandSettings AllUsers Application Data is corrupt and unreadable Please run the Chkdsk utility quot I did run quot Chkdsk f quot yet the computer says that it cannot lock the current drive I was wondering if there were any other possible solutions to my problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Sam

A:Corrupted Application Data File

AFAIK:

DocumentsandSettings is the wrong format - it is Documents and Settings.

\DocumentsandSettings/AllUsers/Application Data is thwe wrong format - it is \Documents and Settings\AllUsers\Application Data

'I did run "Chkdsk /f", yet the computer says that it cannot lock the current drive.'

An in-service drive cannot be checked - usually is asks if you would like to do this at the next boot. Did it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/corrupted-application-data-file-421614.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have windows xp professional, I was down loading programs form mozilla.com. When I restarted my computer an error code stated application file iertutil.dll is missing and to reinstall program to correct this problem. (It is a simple fix)
When my compute boot up I have no desk top icons or start menu. I tried everything I know to do. I put in the windows xp professional cd but it won't load up. Can you help me. Please let me know if you can help me or have any fixing suggestions. Thank you for your considereation.

A:missing application file iertutill.dll

What is the "fix" that you used?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289384/missing-application-file-iertutilldll/
Relevancy 41.28%

application cannot be executed the file unscrapp.exe is infected do you wantto activ ate your antivirus software now

HELPPPPPPPPPP
need to know how to get rid of this virus thing....
i cant open any of my things including word excel or anything.

THANKSSS!!!!!!

A:application cannot be executed the file unscrapp.exe

If your computer is infected, please click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. From there, be patient. You should get an answer within the next 48 hours. These guys are really busy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/application-cannot-be-executed-the-file-unscrapp-exe.926864/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering... how can i find exe files of applications built in windows 7, for example:

Exe| App
taskmgr.exe | task manager
cleanmgr.exe | Disk Cleanup
wuapp.exe | Windows Update
mblctr.exe | Mobility Center
regedit.exe | Registry Editor
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0 | Sound , Playback Devices tab
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 30 -c "System Restarting in 30" | Restart in 30 sec with the given msg
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 30 -c "System Shuttind Down in 30" | Shutdown in 30 sec with the given msg

for the above apps i know, but i want to find the followings:
Program and Features
Task Scheduler
and other's from Control Panel... How can i find the path for those applications?
Can anyone help?
Cheers

A:How to find Windows 7's application's EXE file

Every Control Panel applet is a file with a .CPL extension. If you perform a search for these files you'll see that they're all located in the C:\windows\system32 folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131553-how-find-windows-7s-applications-exe-file.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Have been having this issue all morning.

Already ran the rkill, but need further assistance please.

A:Help - The application cannot be executed. The file *****.exe is infected.

You will need to run Malwarebytes(full scan) after updating. You can download at www.malwarebytes.org

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289055/help-the-application-cannot-be-executed-the-file-exe-is-infected/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm another that has contracted this disease. I have been unable to run DDS as instructed in the preparation guide. I keep getting the "Application cannot be executed. The file **** is infected." message. Please help. Thanks.

A:Application cannot be executed. The file **** is infected.

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341956/application-cannot-be-executed-the-file-is-infected/
Relevancy 41.28%

Running Windows XP I suddenly be - file infected Application cannot is executed started getting Windows quot bubble quot pop-up as follows Windows Security Alert - Windows reports that computer is infected Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats Click here for the scan you computer Your system might be at risk Application cannot be executed - file is infected now I m pretty certain this is a bogus message due to the grammar errors and such I have not quot clicked here quot as the prompt suggests I had AVG previously installed and running regularly but when I attempt to run it I get the following Application cannot be executed The file xxxx is infected Do you want to activate your antivirus software now Again I m confident this is a Application cannot be executed - file is infected bogus message I have always clicked quot No quot in response to this I downloaded Malwarebytes on another PC and installed from a USB stick it onto the infected one It installed but when I attempt to run it I get the same message Application cannot be executed - file is infected I attempted to call up the Windows Task Manager to see if anything rogue was running When I press control-alt-delete the Task Manager pops up for a second then disappears and I get the quot Application cannot be executed quot error Looking for suggestions as to how to best proceed Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293365/application-cannot-be-executed-file-is-infected/
Relevancy 41.28%

I got some kind of virus that would not let me access Task Manager nor would it let me start up in safemode with f at boot It kept a small red dot with a white X on my system process bar and constantly asked me to is cannot infected be executed. File application download antispyware It also sucked my computer to a standstill I couldnt access the internet on the computer because it was at in processes So I went into msconfig inside windows and set my boot to diagnostic so I could get into safemode But i couldnt get onto the internet from there nor could i use my usb ports to transfer files So i downloaded the application cannot be executed. File is infected GMER scan file and the Combofix scan file onto a usb chip from another computer and rebooted into normal mode and drug the two files onto my desktop then went back to msconfig and got into safe mode again This is the only way i could scan anything because of the performance the gmer scan still took hours and the text file is attached then i tried the combofix scan but couldnt install the resolution console because i couldnt access the internet so i perfomed the scan anyway it also took hours and rebooted several times on its own this text file is also attached now my computer is almost fixed it boots fine accesses task manager doesn't have popups but it is still running at thru task mgr i found two files using each they are quot Transferagent exe quot and quot IntuitsyncManager exe quot once i stop these processes everything is fine until i reboot also if there was anyway to stop these two processes without task mgr while it was infected this would have been a pretty quick fix i was needing help getting these two files fixed or removed thanks

Relevancy 41.28%

Everytime I restart my computer, I always get virus popouts and it randomly opens internet explorer. I cannot open any programs such as antivirus and system restore. It always says "Application cannot be executed. File _ is infected. Please help me solve this problem! I'm writing this from my laptop.

A:Application cannot be executed. File is infected.

Your system is obviously infected with some type of malware or trojan.Bleepingcomputer.com has the best team of malware removal personnal, you came to the right place.I suggest you abandon this post and go here (link below) and post your issue, someone with experience will reply to you as soon as they can.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/Good luck.Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337951/application-cannot-be-executed-file-is-infected/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, this is my first post here so pardon me. i have a problem when burning files to a dvd using the live file system. When burning the files over halfway through the application freezes; it wont continue, eject, or cancel. when it finally ejects and i insert the dvd again the files are all there but i cant move, add, or delete them. when i try to do these things the following errors come up: "there is not enough space on DVD...#MB is needed to recycle." it also gives me the option to just delete or cancel but when i press delete the same error comes up. I dont know what is causing this to happen, any ideas would be much appreciated.

A:When burning file to dvd, the application freezes

The Live File System is a packet writing method of creating discs and is unreliable, I wouldn't use that method. Do you have some other burning software like Nero or Roxio on your PC? If so use that.

What kind of files are you trying to burn to disc? Are you making a video disc or something else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-file-to-dvd-the-application-freezes.913036/