Windows Support Forum

Connecting HPeprint direct to router

Q: Connecting HPeprint direct to router

Hello I thought I would document how I set up my Hp a printer to work as a print server and as a conventional stand alone usb printer Make sure your pc is coonected directly to your wifi router and that you have a usb cable to connect your pc to your router Install the software and set up a wifi connection and set up eprint You will get a unique email address to connect directly to your wifi printer someone hpeprint com router Connecting HPeprint direct to Disconnect the USB cable when instructed you now have a print server that you can email direct to or commmunicate with as long as the hp software is on each pc you want to use and the pc has a wifi capability Go back into the HP software and setup a new printer using the USB cable only Go into Control Panel and make sure the network usb printer is the default You can now send to your printer when the pc is switched off or when it is on Obviously the printer needs to be on to be on to be allocated an ip address by your router You can now print direct from your mobile or tablet or laptop Mobile and Tablet need the eprint app downlaoded from Google Play Store Hope this helps someone I know its a bit basic but it helped me I have also done this process on Connecting HPeprint direct to router a Kodak all in one printer nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connecting HPeprint direct to router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Connecting HPeprint direct to router

Good to know. Thanks for posting this. I have an older HP Wireless printer (right before the ePrint branding) and I think it incapable of doing this. Thanks again, I'll try it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-hpeprint-direct-to-router.195409/
Relevancy 72.67%

I need a direct connection to the internet. A connection straight from the modem to the computer with no routers involved. I am able to connect to the internet using my router (wired, not wireless). However if I try to connect directly to the internet through the modem it doesn't work. I have a broadband connection, always running. I don't understand the problem. Why would connecting through a router work but a direct connection fail? I tried power cycling the modem about 10 times and it's not working. Yet it will connect through the router every time without fail. Is there some kind of configuration I need to change? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running windows xp and my ISP is comcast.

Relevancy 57.19%

hi.

lost Internet connectivity at home. connected via dsl line to my isp.

when i issued ipconfig /all command i noticed that default gateway IP addr was a global ip addr. (77.36.x.x) instead of the usual private address 192.168.1.1. DHCP server had IP address 58.206.x.x

when i issued ping 192.168.1.1 command, i got this output: "reply from 77.36.x.x: destination host unreachable"

i couldn't access my router's configuration menu by typing 192.168.1.1 in web browser's address field.

it's very interesting, because i had network issues before but could access my router's config menu and ping it. but now, i cannot reach my local router but receive reply from ISP's router. how come?

just curious

A:pinging local router but receive direct reply from ISP's router instead

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pinging-local-router-but-receive-direct-reply-from-isps-router-instead.1071269/
Relevancy 54.61%

Please give step by step procedure to connect two desktop computers running win 7 through crossover cable for file sharing purpose.

A:connecting two pc with direct cable in win 7

Hi and welcome to TSF see here Connect two computers using a crossover cable

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-two-pc-with-direct-cable-in-win-7-a-683382.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I can't Direct Connect with my friend on AIM. I used to be able to but then I formatted my PC and now I can't. I'm on a linksys router with service pack 2. I had zone alarm pro on but I uninstalled that and it still didn't work. I also have Norton antivirus 2005 and also disabled virus protection in that. Windows Firewall is off too.

I tried correct ports and it worked for about 5 mins then stopped working again. This is getting very frustrating someone please help.

Relevancy 54.18%

Alright so here s my problem I live in Wisconsin and have Charter as my ISP My friend lives in Maryland and has Comcast as his ISP We have recently been trying to connect to each Direct Problem my to Friend Connecting other directly via the Gamespy networking service Other Problem Direct Connecting to my Friend players can connect to each of us directly and we can Problem Direct Connecting to my Friend connect to other players directly but we cannot establish a direct connection to each other I ran a traceroute to his IP address and had him do the same to me Here are the results MY TRACEROUTE TO MY FRIEND C Users Hidden gt tracert Tracing route to c- - - - hsd va comcast net over a maximum of hops lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms dtr mdsnwi-gbe- - mdsn wi charter com ms ms ms dtr ftbgwi-tge- - ftbg wi charter com ms ms ms crr ftbgwi-tge- - - - ftbg wi charter com ms ms ms crr euclwi-tge- - - - eucl wi charter com ms ms ms - - - static unas mo charter com ms ms ms bbr euclwi-tge- - - - eucl wi charter com ms ms ms bbr chcgil-tge- - - - chcg il charter com ms ms ms prr chcgil-tge- - chcg il charter com ms ms ms be- - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast net ms ms ms pos- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast net ms ms ms pos- - - - -cr newyork ny ibone comcast net ms ms ms so- - - - -ar whitemarsh md bad comcast net ms ms ms ae- - -ar howardcounty md bad comcast net ms ms ms te- - -ar manassascc va bad comcast net ms ms ms be- -ar capitolhghts md bad comcast net ms ms ms te- - -ur whitoaksouth md bad comcast net ms ms ms Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete MY FRIEND S TRACEROUTE TO ME C Users Hidden gt tracert Tracing route to - - - dhcp ftbg wi charter com over a maximum of hops ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms c- - - - hsd va comcast net ms ms ms te- - -ur whitoaksouth md bad comcast net ms ms ms te- - - - -ar capitolhghts md bad comcast net ms ms ms ae- - -ar capitolhghts md bad comcast net ms ms ms pos- - - - -cr ashburn va ibone comcast net ms ms ms pos- - - - -pe ashburn va ibone comcast net ms ms ms as -pe ashburn va ibone comcast net Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Obviously neither of us were able to discern a path to the other s computer Both of the probes seem to be re-directed at some point along the path and ultimately dropped but both of those points are within Comcast s network If anyone is willing to help me in anyway they can I would deeply appreciate it Thank you Darkeye nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Out team have written file by VC++ to read/write data to the USB thumb drive device. It's ok while connecting device to PC when logon PC by administator.

the problem is, windows xp doesn't know device (error msg is USB NOT FOUND) when logon by user.

does anyone know how to get around this? we're create a handle using createfile () and DeviceIoControl () API windows function to FindDevice,GetData and Writting to device.

any help is appreciated

thanks

A:Connecting direct to USB thumb drive in windows XP

I assume that the USB drivers need to be (re-)installed under that User-logon.
Are that user's Explorer-rights limited, in that (s)he can only see certain drives?
Or has no access to VC++?
Perhaps compile the routine and make an .exe, then the user should have access.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-direct-to-usb-thumb-drive-in-windows-xp.25506/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm trying to use a router to establish a wireless connection with a machine running XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. I've connected successfully in the past with other machines (including now, as I write this), so it doesn't seem to be the router or the modem that's the problem. What's more, it's not XP, since there's another machine that can connect fine.

So, I'm stumped. I've contacted both my ISP and the manufacturer of the router, but not much help there.

Any thoughts? The machine sees the wireless connection fine, will attempt to connect and will actually say that it was successful in connection -- but there's no access to the internet and the status is actually limited or no connectivity.

A:Solved: wireless/router says it's connecting but not actually connecting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-says-its-connecting-but-not-actually-connecting.729024/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my wireless connection It was working fine till a couple of days back and then started acting up Let me explain the problem in detail System connects to the router It shows full signal After - seconds the wireless gets disconnected After that the behaviour is quite varied Sometimes the router itself is not recongnized Sometimes the router is recognized but the system doesnt connect If I force it to then it again says cannot connect to a hidden network After a while maybe - mins later it recongnizes and tries connecting again sometimes it succeeds Wireless connecting Router keeps and disconnecting Connecting to sometimes it doesnt My System Specifications are given below Samsung Ultrabook Series S - Model NP U C-A UK Processsor - Intel COre - U CPU Ghz Windows Hope Premium - Bit OS Wireless Network Adaptor - Intel Centrino Advaced N- ROuter - Thomson GB RAM A Little bit about my Home network There are devices connected Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting usually My Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting Wife's PC which is a Dell Inspiron and runs on Windows Home premium My Ipad of our Smart Phones and My PC Every other device currently works fine except mine So looks like the problem is with my system rather than the router or network provider Remedies I have tried and failed Updated the Network Driver by downloading and installing it from Intel Website From the ROuter side manually changed the channel to see if that has an effect FLushed my DNS tried to release and renew IPs Changed the Encryption parameters Removed and added the network again DOwnloaded Xirrus Wifi Inspector Diabled the n from adapter and tried None of the above worked Now I have reached the end of my ability to find out what the issue is I am posting this but connecting to internet by my phoes USB tethering which in turn is connected to the same router I am having problems with Please help me Any nudge in the right direction is greaty appreciated If you need more info about my system please let me know With Regards Avisesh

A:Connecting to Wireless Router keeps connecting and disconnecting

I hate to say it, but since you have done everything I would have done, its possible the wireless adapter is broken/not functioning correctly. Is the product still under warranty? Especially since you stated that other devices connect just fine.
So its probably not the router.
The only other thing I can think of to try would be to buy another wireless router and test it with that.
If you have no problems, something is amiss.
You could also set your router back to factory defaults and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304887-connecting-wireless-router-keeps-connecting-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I Router Verizon router to Netgear Wireless wirelessly my connecting Fios WGT624 have been trying to find a way to connect forward the signal recieve the signal from my Verizon Fios wireless router up to my WGT V Netgear router Is there a way Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router that I can modify my wirless port on my Netgear to recieve a signal wirelessly from my Verizon Wireless router My Neighbor did it once with Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router another wireless router but he can not remember how he did it I am thinking it had something to do with the Firmware If anyone can help me with this that would be great I m basically trying to Verizon Fios router connecting wirelessly to my WGT624 Netgear Wireless Router push the wireless signal from my Verizon router in my basement up to my wireless Netgear router which is recieving the signal on the main level so that I can plug my wired non wireless laptop into the ethernet port which is receiving wireless signal from the Verizon router in the basement in order to gain access to the internet Can this be done with the equipment listed above and or some additional firmware and configuration Thank you for all your assistance on this in advance MCAMPOS nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verizon-fios-router-connecting-wirelessly-to-my-wgt624-netgear-wireless-router.138211/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I have an 8 port "wired" router from Linksys that I have been using in conjunction to a wireless access point which had been plugged into one of the open ports on the wired router. Lately I have been having connection issues with the WAP so I decided it may be time to upgrade. Not thinking about it, I picked up a new Linksys E1000 wiress router (as opposed to a WAP) and, after a lengthy support call with Linksys, got that up and running.

So I have operability for both wired and wireless devices, however I have noticed a substantial slow down on my wired devices. I also just upped the plan with my ISP to increase my bandwidth which I see on the wired PCs but not on the wireless which seem less. Would a WAP be faster than a wireless router by nature?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

A:Slow wireless after connecting Linkys wirless router to Linksys wired router

Have you made sure you have the latest firmware for the wireless router? If you updated the firmware be sure to reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

What speeds do you get with a test such as speedtest.net with a connection to the wired router? With an ethernet connection to the wireless router? With a wireless connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-after-connecting-linkys-wirless-router-to-linksys-wired-router.945424/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Qwest CenturyLink DSL and recently replaced the Actiontec M modem which crapped out after years of service Replaced it with a Netgear DM PSP v router modem Now I cannot get either of my two routers the Linksys WRT G or WRT N V to broadcast Netgear Connecting router to v2 router/modem wireless WRT160N DM111PSP wireless internet I ve spent the most time on the WRT N It will broadcast a wireless signal but devices that attempt to connect to the internet time out while quot obtaining IP address quot BTW I just happen to have two Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem wireless routers on hand I only need one to work I can get internet through the hard wire connection I have the Netgear modem hooked up to the quot internet quot port of the WRT N router and the computer is connected to one of the four ethernet ports on the back of the router I can access both router and modem setup pages using this setup The Netgear modem is set up for DHCP server PPPoA encapsulation and gets its DNS address dynamically from the ISP The WRT N is also set up for automatic DHCP configuration These are the settings given by running each set up wizard and this has set me up for some DHCP conflicts I think that setting up a dual modem router in transparent bridging mode PPPoE in theory turns off the DHCP allowing the WRT N to handle DHCP but I have no luck even getting my hard-wired internet connection to work if I switch from PPPoA to PPPoE mode Even if I cut the WRT N out of the loop and connect the computer direct to the DM PSP No internet no nothing The Netgear modem has a setting allowing the user to turn off the router part and just use it as a modem but as soon as I select that option I lose the ability to communicate with the router and my hard wired internet connection went dead So I figured that was just a red herring I tried keeping DHCP enabled for both devices but restricting the issued IP address ranges for each device router and modem so that they didn t overlap No luck there either I ve made sure the IP address assigned to the WRT N router is not within the IP address range assigned by the Netgear modem Lately I tried to set the WRT N to a static IP address using it just to broadcast wireless signal and not assign IP addresses letting the Netgear modem handle that I set the internet IP address to to connect to the modem subnet mask to and set the gateway address to the IP address of the Netgear modem Unfortunately I got stuck because I don t know any of the DNS IP addresses my ISP uses so I was prevented from completing this attempt Which is too bad because I think this would have fixed the problem with the duplicate DHCP management by both router and modem Turned off the firewall at various points while I tried these efforts it doesn t seem to make a difference Starting to wish I had just bought a combo modem wireless router and I would have had wireless internet in the house weeks ago Is there anything you can think of to salvage this combination of router ISP and modem nbsp

A:Connecting WRT160N v2 wireless router to Netgear DM111PSP router/modem

Netgear DM111PSP v2 router/modem.Click to expand...

ifthis is a router then you need to connect the other two routers using their LAN inputs NOT the WAN/internet - unless you set the DM111PSP to bridge mode
you may have already covered the below - but check
see here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wrt160n-v2-wireless-router-to-netgear-dm111psp-router-modem.1073119/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently got qwest DSL and I configured my Wireless to work and accept my wireless MAC Address, but when I plug it into the WAN slot in the Linksys router it doesn't work. I went to linksys site and did their configuration which is changing the router LAN IP to 192.168.0.1, then power cycling, but this doesn't help. I cannot access the internet still. Both the modem/router and the router are operating DHCP, but if I disable the modem/router, I cannot access the wireless function, and if I disable the DHCP on my Linksys router, I cannot obtain an IP from the modem router via the linksys router.

This is frustrating lol.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Qwest DSL (Router/Modem/Wireless) not connecting to my Linksys Router (VPN)

I just got a Zonet Broadband Switch Router (product model ZSR0104C).
I have Qwest DSL.

I followed the instructions.
I can ping the router but nothing else.
Can't access internet.
Scoured Zonet site/forums.
No driver updates.
No errata on installation or any pertinent info.

Looked up Qwest specifications for Router set up... nothing helpful there.

Irritated.

Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qwest-dsl-router-modem-wireless-not-connecting-to-my-linksys-router-vpn.359197/
Relevancy 52.89%

How do you connect two routers together to increase signal through the whole house? I am trying to use the n300 as my main router (its hooked to cable modem) and use the 2wire as an access point. The two are connected by a known good ethernet cable.

Thanks,

Josh

A:Connecting netgear n300 router to 2wire 2701 router

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-netgear-n300-router-to-2wire-2701-router.984810/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay My PC had lots of problems viruses etc because I left it on for a bout a Direct Start to files logon? cannot a pc connecting that load to up Sys32 week with no protection When I came back and I noticed it was all screwy I started to repair my files on cpu usage took Direct connecting to a pc that cannot load Start up Sys32 files to logon? forever BUT my step mother thought it would be a real move to shut it off with the power button while I was reinstalling very important Windows files Corrupted system files and it didn t repair my start up file and I cannot log on ubersuck I can fix the PC but I need to log on in order to do Direct connecting to a pc that cannot load Start up Sys32 files to logon? that The PC is running on XP Professional SP and I could use some help trying to Directly connect my Laptop Vista So that I can Reinstall windows from my Laptop straight to my PC Is this even possible Have I Accidentally my whole computer and should just completely restore the whole thing which I have no backup saved on my PC because it was built and I never got around to it If i cannot connect to it What can I do to fix my PC Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need more info I would be happy to give it to you HALP nbsp

A:Direct connecting to a pc that cannot load Start up Sys32 files to logon?

Ok I figured that my SPTD files is missing or Not functioning. Any chance that I will be able to fix it without loging in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-connecting-to-a-pc-that-cannot-load-start-up-sys32-files-to-logon.823592/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an ATT 2701HG-B 2-wire wireless Gateway router modem and have just purchased a Vizio wireless router which I would like to hook up to get better range. Can someone advise if this is compatible and how to connect the Vizio to the modem if it is.

Relevancy 52.03%

I was looking at getting a wireless router either a D-Link or a Netgear Rangemax WNR and I m not exactly sure how to set it up I have a BEC Technologies TM NOT GTM adsl wired modem router that my telephone company gave me when I switched to DSL There are LAN ports on the back of the modem router a line port that my telephone cable is connected to and a console port that I don t use of the LAN ports are being used One is connected to my cable box the Connecting wireless router a adsl to modem/router an other has an Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router ethernet cord that runs halfway around my house through a wall and into a wall jack that my desktop computer is connected to I only want to use the wireless router Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router to connect to my Wii and one laptop I would like to keep my desktop connection wired I had previously tried to connect to xbox live by connecting my xbox to one of the LAN ports but I could never get it to work so now I just switch the ethernet cords between my xbox and computer in the wall jack whenever I want to use one or the other Will I be able to connect a wireless router to one of the LAN ports and receive a signal or will I have to connect the wireless router to the wall jack that my desktop is hooked to and run the connection through the router I ve never setup a wireless network before so I m a little new to this subject nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router

Hi:here are links to sample dsl modem router to wireless router configurations..
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080
And for dlink:
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/default.aspx?question=dsl
And the tried and true Johnwill,TSG tutorial on the same subject.
Your modem probably is a modem/router combo.Here are some possible fixes .

a. Bridge the modem/router unit so that it bypasses the router function and acts as a modem only. Or,

b. Change the address range used by one of the routers, say, to 192.168.3.x. Or,

c. Use the second router as an ethernet switch and wireless access point per the following recipe.

Connecting two soho routers in a network

Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-an-adsl-modem-router.936262/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a sagem wifi modem router provided by the telecoms company it has a limited wifi range and in my experience of wifi it also has frequent dropouts connection problems we connect the desktop pc to it by ethernet and that s just fine we also were given by a rd party a belkin n wireless router the model without modem and would like to try it out to be the wifi router The idea is to connect it by ethernet to the sagem and a modem router via Connecting ethernet? router a to wireless place it in a more central part of the property I reckon about m of ethernet cable we would disable the wifi on the sagem had we been given the belkin model with internal modem this would not be an issue and we would Connecting a wireless router to a modem router via ethernet? not need to use the sagem at all - that is not meant to sound ungrateful can anyone see any pitfalls with this or if it is do-able any recommendations re configs I have found another post loosely related to using routers however it doesn t really address this specifically http forums techguy org networking -using- -routers-same-time html nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to a modem router via ethernet?

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-a-modem-router-via-ethernet.716730/
Relevancy 52.03%

My wife's sister has Comcast Cable. They installed a Modem/Router that the wireless part seems to have died. Can a wireless router be connected via ethernet cable to the cable modem/ router?

A:Connecting Wireless router to Cable Modem/Router

Yes, adding a wifi router to one of the ports will set it as a node on the dhcp server{modem} and if there is a conflict in ip address, usually will change it to a 10.0.0.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349602-connecting-wireless-router-cable-modem-router.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have a Cisco wireless router/cable modem
i also have a SMC Barricade SMC7004VWBR wireless router

i want to connect the SMC router to the Cisco router via wireless - can this be done?
if so, how?

the SMC has a WAN ethernet port and if i plug in a cable from the cisco, everything works fine
i can not find anywhere in the setup of the SMC an option for a wireless WAN connection
is the wireless only for the LAN side?

if anyone knows something about this any input would be appreciated

A:connecting a wirelss router to another wireless router wirelessly

and welcome to the Forum

Does the SMC have a setting to act as a bridge or client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wirelss-router-to-another-wireless-router-wirelessly.1031945/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

i want to link my modem/router, to my other belkin router.

basically i want to use my modem/router as the modem, and use my belkin router as the main internet connection source

can anyone help do this or direct me?

my modem/router is the netgear dg834gt, and my belkin router is the F5D7231-4P

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Barricade wired router than is working fine. I bought a Netgear Wireless G router on sale. I would like to hook this up in tandem with my Barricade so that I can use my laptop without a wire connection. Netgear says that it can be done although they do not recommend it but they do not tell you how. I have searched their website for answers but none are forthcoming. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Thanks

Seth

A:Connecting wireless router to existing router

JohnWill has posted these basic set of instructions many times. They cover connecting two routers similar to what you wish to do.

http://forums.techguy.org/networkin...me-through-how.html?highlight=connect+routers

Let us know if you run into any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router-to-existing-router.521996/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I m Connecting a router? wired router a wireless to a bit of a networking noob so I m wondering if this setup I have will work in getting all my computers to share our home internet Basically my current setup in my basement this ethernet cable modem V V Wired DLink Router---------- gt main desktop nd desktop Pretty standard But now we want a laptop and another desktop on our top floor because someone else moved in LUCKILY before we finished the basement I had another ethernet cable going from the router to Connecting a wireless router to a wired router? the Wii on the main floor We don t play that anymore so I was wondering if it was possible to buy a wireless router for the main floor connect it wired to the basement router and than use it wirelessly so that it extends to the top floor Meanwhile the router in the basement still connects to the two computers It d look like this basement floor modem V V Wired router---------- gt main desktop nd desktop V V Main floor ground floor wireless router V V second floor wirelessly connect to----- gt laptop rd desktop will have to install pci card so yeah does it work that way nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All I have a Linksys VPN Router at home set up to connect Router Connecting Router VPN Wirelesss thru to Solved: to an FTP site which is a server at my office If I connect my laptop hardwired to the Solved: Connecting to VPN Router thru Wirelesss Router VPN router I can connect to the FTP no prob If Solved: Connecting to VPN Router thru Wirelesss Router I try to connect using my wireless network router Netgear whose WAN side is connected to the LAN side of the VPN I can access the internet which proves that connection is OK but cannot access the FTP I know this is because the VPN FTP is looking for an address on my laptop which matches the VPN routers IP address Problem is I can t figure out how to make the LAN side of the Wireless the same as the LAN side of the VPN Inherently I don t think this is possible as they are in effect different networks So my question is Is there a way to do this Can I make the wireless router more like an access point so I can make the hops necessary to use VPN through the wireless Thanks in advance Sean nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all My Netopia Router from SBC just crapped out on me early last week So I decided to buy a router from a local electronics store I already had a SpeedStream Modem but I have multiple PCs in the house Router a Connecting to Wired Router Wireless a so I need to route the connection to other PCs Anywho I went to the store today and picked up a Linksys DSL Cable Router Wired with port switch BEFSR I hooked it up followed the CD Wizard and plugged in the PCs on this level I have Levels in my house The PCs on this level worked Now I have a D-Link wireless router since there are wireless notebooks PCs upstairs Before I had the Linksys I just plugged that router into my Netopia and it worked fine Now when I plugged it into this new Linksys router it doesn t work What am I doing wrong All PCs are running Win XP if that makes a difference Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Connecting a Wireless Router to a Wired Router

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-a-wired-router.390579/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Apple Macbook with the Tiger OS and have previously configured a D-Link router for wireless access The router was cofigured when I was using a cable internet connection so the cable modem was between the router and the cable connection I now have a direct network connection through my university i e no cable or DSL modem I have been unable to get the wired or wireless internet connection to work with the router I can connect my Mackbook directly to the ethernet network connection and get access to the internet of with Router Internet Direct Use Connection However when I try to connect the router between the computer and the direct network connection the internet won t work As you can guess I am not a computer wiz and am a novice using wireless routers Can anyone advise me on how to successfully connect my wireless router between my direct network connection and the Mackbook Also if there is a better section of the forum where I should be posting this thread please let me know that Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I would like to switch between my wired router and my cable modem. Is there a product that wil allow me to do so easily?

A:Solved: switching between router and direct

Well, you'll have to reset the modem whenever you change from the router to the computer connected, so I'd just move the Ethernet plug.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-switching-between-router-and-direct.724211/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey My new computer didnt come with a wireless card and both my old computer have wireless cards Because i cant viod the warrenty or else id just install one of the cards onto my computer but i need the warrenty for work I tryed to networking my computer directly to the wireless router which is then connected to my adsl modem i set that up and i was getting internet through that lan this morning though i turned Networking Direct with router A Wireless on my computer and i couldnt access any internet pages but msn opened Then after restarting i couldnt access the internet at all but my connection was fine and was accessign the network I started again and did everything i did last time and it didnt work i tryed networking computer to computer and trying to access the internet that way but i could never get Direct Networking with A Wireless router the network to work that way with the lan and the wireless running at the same time Any ideas Gavin nbsp

A:Direct Networking with A Wireless router

While we'd love to help you, you didn't really provide any useful information in your post.

What is the make/model of the router, modem, and wireless cards. What version/patch level of Windows is on the comptuer.

Since the connection appears to change every time you restart, have you considered trying a new cable? With the machine connected, do this:

For 98 or ME, Start, Run, COMMAND to open a DOS window:
--- or ---
For 2K or XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-networking-with-a-wireless-router.471702/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there this is my first post but i ve had this problem for a while im running Direct router problems has connection to a basic wireless connection throughout my house however my pc is plugged directly to belkin router fairly often and more so when i m connected the internet sort of dies the little Direct connection to router has problems connection image in the corner goes blank features such as msn will sign out and we need to flick the power to modem router on and off that aside an annoying but manageable problem the connection will often not work sporadically while using the net - however this issue lets msn and other programs run just stops firefox giving me errors like server not found server timed out etc etc At any point in time if i repair the connection it stops at clearing net bt and says the action could not be completed was wondering if these problems are linked but if not i would like to be able to clear net bt first as this may be a clue to the other problems thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Direct connection to router has problems

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-connection-to-router-has-problems.703945/
Relevancy 49.88%

I never knew I was slow. I connected this SMC7004BR 4-port router a few years ago (PC Club), was on Earthlink DSL and now Adelphia Cable. My download speed has always been 100-300 bps, on the slow side for DSL and really slow for CABLE. Then I tried direct connect to the cable modem without the router and BAM!, 800-1500 bps on several different test sites. So, Why is the router such a drag on the speed? Is this normal? Any ideas what I can change or check? Thanks, Mark.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have a speedstream 2602 two port router. When I am connected to the router I am unable to use the direct connect function with aol instant messanger. It says I am behind a firewall even though the firewall is disabled. Is there a way to correct this problem with AIM. Thanks

A:AIM direct connect and Speedstream Router Problem

It's not the "firewall" in the router that's blocking them, it's the NAT address translation. I don't know what ports AIM uses, but it's possible to configure pass-thru ports for a specific machine on the router. I don't know your router, but it's normally pretty simple.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/aim-direct-connect-and-speedstream-router-problem-5990.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello there I have a more unique case about my internet problem I m in China right now works but not Direct Connect router throught the land of censored internet In my hotel it is currently running a free internet through ethernet port cat wire When i plug the wire into my port the internet works fine as i am sending this message now However when i plug the cable into my router and i try to connect to the internet it gives this message through chrome Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED Unable to resolve the server s DNS I m currently running through the google free dns i ve cloned my mac address direct connect works however router does not Please help If i ve Direct Connect works but not throught router left out any other information do tell me IPConfig Logs direct connected to the internet through wire and connected to the router Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Direct Connect works but not throught router Settings Larry Wong gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Larry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - -DE- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address -A -D - -D -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July AM C Documents and Settings Larry Wong gt SysInfo Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Direct Connect works but not throught router

You (your router) and the hotel are using the same LAN subnet (192.168.1.x). Change your router to use a different LAN subnet (e.g., 192.168.3.x). When you change the LAN address make sure the Dhcp server's address range changes accordingly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-connect-works-but-not-throught-router.1061415/
Relevancy 49.88%

Direct connect DLNA TV with PC on Windows 7 without a router. HOW?
The TV is connected directly to a PC via LAN. But in Devices and Printers TV doesn't appear (it must viewed how Digital Media Renderer). Search of devices doesn't work, and doesn't give add it manually.
Windows Firewall off. Network discovery enabled.
No viruses. Antivirus doesn't block network connections.

Question. Can I somehow add the device through the registry or by using powershell, i know MAC-adress of TV.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cdc5cf5d-799b-4ac5-a33b-f2ba67748b53/direct-connect-dlna-tv-with-pc-on-windows-7-without-a-router?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm not to sure exactly what i need to do... I'm trying to play Civilization 4 Beyond the sword with a friend. So i set up a direct ip game, but he can't join. How do i setup my router to let him join?

A:How to set up router for a direct ip connection Port fowarding maybe IDK...

oh btw its a WRT54G Linksys router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-up-router-for-a-direct-ip-connection-port-fowarding-maybe-idk.728717/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all first let me start by saying i am no expert in networking and my english is not perfect I ll keep this as simple as i can with the way i describe it I have been using a router for a couple of years for my internet connection and it latetly it has given me problems random dc random reset I now wish to go back to a direct cable connection in my PC and stop using the router However if i plug it in the cable i do not have internet connection I have tried to setup the IP and DNS adress to obtain it automatically i have typed them in manually does. yet connection Direct cable won't Router work and still it won t work The main things it keeps telling me when i run the Troubleshoot tool are - The Default Gateway is not available - Windows can Direct cable connection won't work yet Router does. t communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server If you require any more info and want to give me a hand with fixing this info please ask Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

hey guys im having a problem connecting to the internet via my Linksys WRT GS router OK so I have had this router for years and recently brought it from my apartment windows xp where i have Comcast internet and it was working fine to my girlfriend s apt windows vista yuck where she has Direct TV or DirecPath whatever its called Everything is hooked up accordingly i know how to do all that I ve also power cycled and what not and the computer recgonizes the router but wont allow access to the internet This is where im stumped I tried router Direct Linksys PLEASE TV broadband with issues HELP!! contacting direct tv and of course they wont help me Anyways I have DHCP enabled to auto configure and what not but when i go to the router s status page it shows all the correct values the ip and everything matches what the computer tells me it should be when i Linksys router issues with Direct TV broadband PLEASE HELP!! connect directly from modem gt computer but the Default Gateway shows I tried changing the router s IP address from to a different value in case the modem and router were using the same and it helped nothing anyways heres what my ipconfig shows with the router not connected modem gt computer Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c b e bb cb IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e b becd edbf Link-local IPv Address fe b becd edbf Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Default Gateway c c and here is what ipconfig all shows when i have the router conncted modem gt router gt computer Windows IP Configuration Host Name owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - -AC- A- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b e bb cb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C FDE - - EAC- - DD br FA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes long post but wanted to include as much info as i could the first go around nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Currently my housemate and I are having problems with our internet connection We are sharing our broadband connection across two computers by both directly connecting to a router The problem is as such my housemate can safely connect to the router and his internet functions as normal However when I turn my computer on and try to establish an internet connection the connection fails after a minute or so My housemates connection also dies when my one does So by attempting to computer logs on when connection dying second Direct router connect to the internet i basically cause both connections to crash Also when i turn my computer on the internet will work for a brief moment perhaps one Direct router connection dying when second computer logs on minute before it dies Bascially i have time to visit one or two internet sites before it craps itself Neither of us have much understanding Direct router connection dying when second computer logs on of what is going on We both believe it may be a software issue with my computer which is causing the problem ie spyware or some kind of virus Given that i am essentially operating without a stable connection i cannot update my adaware definitions or the likes Thus far all i have done is run an adaware check which found nothing malicious My computer operates windows XP Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated Cheers nbsp

A:Direct router connection dying when second computer logs on

Can you connect without his computer being connected? When one of the computers is connected, let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-router-connection-dying-when-second-computer-logs-on.565546/
Relevancy 49.45%

Within the last week I ve been getting very slow speeds through my Asus RT-AC U when connected to either ethernet or wireless on Windows devices I m usually seeing speeds Poor Direct Router Modem Connection - Good over Modem Direct Connection Good - Router Poor mbps up to Now the speeds are around - mbps or less Uploads are in the low ths of a mbps To troubleshoot I connected my laptop directly to the Motorola SB modem via ethernet cable and the speeds were - mbps as expected When I connected modem back to the AC U I get - mbps I reset the Asus router and restarted modem-then router- then laptop Result same poor speeds Today I connected a spare Linksys V to the modem and ethernet to my laptop and get the same poor speeds - mbps The equipment chains is Internet to modem - modem to router - router to PC and to an ethernet switch feeding numerous devices The router also wirelessly feeds phones tablets and a couple streaming boxes The curious thing here is that my laptop with ethernet and my wife s with wireless both running Windows are very slow My Tablet running Android CM ghz connection wirelessly from the modem is testing at mbps I m at the end of my troubleshooting skills with this problem The routers have the latest firmware The Asus does have the Merlin software on it and has worked flawlessly in the past Lastly I did change the modem to router cable and tested on a modem to laptop and both cables are fine Has Microsoft made changes with the last Windows update that has impacted network settings Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to resolve Help is welcome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-direct-connection-good-router-poor.1164450/
Relevancy 49.45%

My ISP is Comcast and I am subscribed to a mbps download and a mbps upload When I am directly connected to my modem I get around - mbps Yeah I know I get more than what I pay for However when downloading files through my router my max download speed is - kb s I am running Windows Home Premium x I have tried this with a Linksys WRT N and a Netgear RangeMAX forget model and SAME RESULTS I am very familiar with the menus of both So is there anything I can do to unlock the true potential connection vs. modem slow has performance direct Router of my speed through my router s Added note I have tested my router via ethernet Router has slow performance vs. direct modem connection and wireless Same performance I know kb s isn t bad In fact it is perfectly liveable Weird note via speedtest net the router and modem get the same speed But when I try Router has slow performance vs. direct modem connection downloading via P P Steam random file sharing website the modem outperforms every time Thanks for the help My first post on techguy org nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

As long as my PC is connected to my dsl modem directly I have Internet access As soon as I try inserting a router into the mix I lose all Internet connection I initially thought something had gone wrong with my router so I purchased a new one and still I am receiving the same problem I have done numerous power cycles and tried reconnecting everything was connected properly pc gt router gt direct router with connect connects with to No but internet a dsl modem modem gt phone line I deactivated my firewall thinking that was the problem but nothing changed I am not sure what else to try I guess the plus side is that I do have access to the Internet but would love to get the router working in order to use our laptops and phones and other devices with wifi I did perform this task However it was performed while I am only connected to my dsl modem and not the router Windows IP Configuration Host Name King-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No internet with router but connects with a direct connect to dsl modem No DNS Suffix Search List launchmodem com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix launchmodem com Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - -F -A - F-EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv No internet with router but connects with a direct connect to dsl modem Address fe cda d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January PM Lease Expires Thursday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - -E - -F -A - F-EF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello and good evening
I currently have a LAN network located in my basement, powered by a wired Edimax router. After some time i decided i could use an extension of this network to the rest of the house, I got myself a wireless 3com router and plugged its WAN exit to a LAN exit of the edimax router. The Internet seems to be working with no problem, but I couldn't get the computers upstairs see the computers downstairs - There is an internet connection, but no LAN.
I've searched google several times in order to find the right configuration, but since i'm such a networking newbie it didn't went so well.. could you guys help me?
Something like this:

Relevancy 49.45%

This is my deal I have a Cable modem going into a Linksys router which goes to a Netgear switch and to a Belkin wireless router Everything works as far as internet sharing my PC hooked up to the wireless router connects to the internet and the PC s coming from the Linksys router and switch connect to the internet so that all good Question I want to share files etc between my PCs but the PC s on the Router and Switch can t see the PC hardwired to the Belkin Wireless router They are all using the quot Workgroup quot name Question Even Switch another router and Connecting and Router the PC s which can see themselves when trying to share info are Connecting Router and Switch and another router being asked for a quot User Name quot and quot Password quot What quot User name quot and quot Password s quot are Connecting Router and Switch and another router those I never set up any passwords on my PC When my PC s turn on they go right into windows w o having to type any passwords One of the PC s is using Vista the others are using XP Prof Any help or links to how to configure my system Thanks nbsp

A:Connecting Router and Switch and another router

What IP addresses are the computers getting when connected to each stage of the network? Start>run>cmd>ipconfig to find out.

Run network setup wizard, that will get rid of the usernames and passwords.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-router-and-switch-and-another-router.663345/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Sevenforums,

HARDWARE- I have Win 7,Home Premium,64bit,Dell Inspiron 15R N5010, Netgear DGN2200v3 wifi router+ADSL modem with USB port supporting various printers,drives & portable harddisc,1mbps broadband net connection.
SOFTWARE-utorrent 3.3

I want to save my torrent download data directly into pen drive/hard disc connected to usb port of wifi router without keeping my laptop on to monitor the downloads(without running utorrent software).
Please help me on this possibility, so that after programming this plan I can switch off my laptop and utorrent continues its download into pen drive/hard disc connected to usb port of wifi-router. Is it practically possible? I googled on this topic but didn't found any post or source on this matter.
Please reply with solution to fulfill this need.

Thank you.

A:Want to download torrent direct into wifi-router's usb port-pendrive.

Although it may be possible to access the Pen drive from outside your system dependent on opening the correct ports etc, torrents would require a program running in the router to do what you require, apart from utilising a PC as a router, you need the torrent software on your laptop to control the torrent download

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/280973-want-download-torrent-direct-into-wifi-routers-usb-port-pendrive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I switched to a wireless Linksys router from a crossover cable connection, and now file/printer sharing on my XP + Vista network isn't working. They can ping each other by ip address (not by name), and I've turned off firewalls, and the XP machine can see the Vista machine but not vice versa. Does anyone have any idea what I can try here? Thank you.

A:Solved: Switched from direct connection to wireless router, sharing no longer works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-switched-from-direct-connection-to-wireless-router-sharing-no-longer-works.818192/
Relevancy 46.44%

i have a sweex adsl router. but i can't seem to connect to the internet with it. here's the diagnostic tool screenshot (i really don't know what to do):

http://fenderjaguar.net/images/router.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connecting-router.559551/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi this is my first post so sorry to sound a bit noobish.

I have just purchased a new Tenda w300 n wireless modem router to replace my poor Livebox but I have a problem getting online. Installation and everything goes through fine and i've entered my previous user and password through the 192.168.0.1 menus but it just won't connect to the internet. I've tried using a static IP to no avail but it just says "connecting" then finally "disconnect". This is using PPPoA, I tried using PPPoE but that just stayed on "connecting" forever. Can anybody give me any possible solutions to this problem? Thanks.

A:New router not connecting

I can't find anything about a "Tenda w300." The closest I've found is a "Tenda W300D."

I don't understand "tried using a static IP." If your ISP has assigned you a static IP you use it; else use dynamic, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-router-not-connecting.978822/
Relevancy 46.44%

After I had to use ATT tech support to get my dsl working again.. which they did , by doing a re-set of my dsl modem.

Now my router won't connect.
I see security icon, light bright green,
I see wired icon bright green,
I see router icon, bright green,
I see a flashing icon for my modem flashing red.
The internet icon is doing NOTHING at all.

I've tried unplugging the router completely, all night .. then rebooting.. after reconnecting the power cord, the router cable and the DSL cable.. so far I'm just stuck as to what I should do next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Router Not connecting

Have you tried replacing the line filter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226646-router-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My buddy (connecting Please router) help bought a router from some guy last month he wants to use it to run his laptop wireless he has DSL on his main computer and asked for my help i did everything the set-up said and i could NOT get a connection in IE or firefox Sure the connection thingy in control panel said I had a connection but every time I opened Firefox ie server not found I hit the reset button on the router numerous times and when you open the browser after that it goes to the Netgear Please help (connecting router) page configuring the connection But when i clicked quot next quot Page cannot be displayed Yes my buddy had the cd for it and I followed the instructions times I said it and put that main computer back to the DSL like it was and came home Last night I tried it again fresh mind thinking I missed something Please help (connecting router) Nothing again So i asked to bring the router home with me to mess with it on my computer I have Comcast internet I hooked it all up and it WORKS I dont know why it wont work on his comp everything is plugged in set up exactly the same way Any thoughts NOTE Probably not important He mentioned that the guy he bought it from said there was a BLUE ethernet cord that came with it not a standard yellow one The guy lost it though Would me trying to use a normal yellow cord be the problem on his computer I mean yea I tried a standard ethernet with it on my computer and it worked Is that just luck or should he try another type of cable cord for his Sorry this is so long but im pulling my hair out and I hope some people here can give me some insight Thanks guys

A:Please help (connecting router)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_77

My buddy bought a router from some guy last month. he wants to use it to run his laptop wireless. he has DSL on his main computer and asked for my help. i did everything the set-up said, and i could NOT get a connection in IE or firefox!

Sure, the connection thingy in control panel said I had a connection, but every time I opened Firefox/ie, server not found. I hit the reset button on the router numerous times, and when you open the browser after that, it goes to the Netgear page configuring the connection. But when i clicked "next" , Page cannot be displayed! Yes...my buddy had the cd for it, and I followed the instructions 10 times! I said **** it and put that main computer back to the DSL like it was and came home.

Last night I tried it again (fresh mind) thinking I missed something. Nothing again. So i asked to bring the router home with me to mess with it on my computer. I have Comcast internet. I hooked it all up and it WORKS! I dont know why it wont work on his comp, everything is plugged in/set up exactly the same way. Any thoughts?

NOTE: (Probably not important) He mentioned that the guy he bought it from said there was a BLUE ethernet cord that came with it, not a standard yellow one. The guy lost it though. Would me trying to use a normal yellow cord be the problem on his computer? I mean yea...I tried a standard ethernet with it on my computer and it worked? Is that just luck, or should he try another type of cable cord for his?

Sorry this is so long, but im pulling my hair out, and I hope some people here can give me some insight.

Thanks guys...

Do you have to enter a username and a password or to launch any application to connect to the internet at your friends house?

Have you tried connecting the router directly to the laptop?

Whats the make and model of the router that your friend bought?

Have you tried pressing the reset button for 20 seconds?

Do you get an address that looks like this: 192.168.x.x at your friends house?

And no it doesn't matter if the cable is yellow or blue, because there aren't any standards for the color of the cables.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-connecting-router-256967.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Can anyone please tell me what cables go where when connecting a router. Am trying to connect up a origo router. Thanks

A:connecting a router

Well, the exact model would help, however they're pretty generic.

The broadband modem connects to the WAN or Internet port. The computers connect to the LAN ports of the internal switch. If you have DSL that requires a name/password, you'll probably have to configure the WAN section of the router to PPPoE protocol and enter your name/password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-router.372513/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have HP DV laptop It comes with windows home premium and realtek nic PCIe FE It might be I am trying to connect it to netgear to router Not connecting router using wire lan its not able to connect When i run diagnostics it says to restart the router I restart it and click the check again it says quot local area does not have valid ipconfig quot But i have other laptops a dv vista and a lenovo xp connected Not connecting to router to the router through wire lan When i run ipconfig the dv ip address starts with no Not connecting to router gate way or subnet mask for the nic But my network is as both lenovo and dv has addresses auto detect I disconnected the cable and connected it with a desktop running xp and it worked fine I tried disabling ipv or giving manual ip also but still the problem persists The dv can connect using wireless but i want to connect using wire cable so wireless solution is of no use thnx

A:Not connecting to router

have you tried looking for the latest driver for your network card ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49327-not-connecting-router.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello

i am trying to get 2 routers to connect to each other wirelessly. I have a main router in the main computer room but i also have a computer in my bedroom. I get a signal in my room but to save me buying a wireless card or usb dongle is there a way of getting my old router to connect to my new one. I have connected the pc in my room to the router with an ethernet cable and the router is connected to the mains so it's ready to connect but does anyone know how?

Relevancy 46.44%

im trying to set it up so that my desktop can use my laptop's connection. I have had both plug into the router. The laptop is connected to the net. i check the network connections in/on the desktop and they both say connected. When i check on the network connections on the laptop the desktop has no connection to the net. is there something that needs to be changed in the router?

A:connecting to router

I started your own thread for you here.

I don't understand. You had both PCs connected to the router, and now you want to have one connect through the other? Please describe in more detail what network you are trying to set up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-router.1010262/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a problem with my router.we were having some work done in our home and the electricity was shut off,when it was turned back on the router wouldn't connect to the modem.ii have a N300 Netgear which we use for Neotv streaming box,no computer.just ipods.i bypassed the router and the modem works fine.Charter even tried troubleshooting with me,no help!I tried factory reset button,nothing!Please help,life without WiFi is torture with three kids and no Cable!

A:router not connecting

Power off the router and modem.

Power on the modem. Wait until it stabilizes and then power on the router.

If you now do not have internet access what (if any) IP configuration does the WAN (Internet) section of the router have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-not-connecting.1130351/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am having problems in connecting from one computer on a lan (through a router) connecting to another on the same lan. I have opened a port on my own computer, and am able to connect to it via the same computer using the LAN ip (192.168.1.x) rather than 127. Yet when I try to connect to another 192 IP the connection is rejected. I'm pretty sure I had given the application internet permissions, I have tried to port foward with no luck as well. Using Homegroup isn't an option because the information has to be transferred in real time.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to allow connections through the same router computer to computer on windows 7

A:Need help connecting IP to IP through a router

You say you have forwarded ports? Undo it. Otherwise all connections on the port will be bounced back (all connections on that port are being forwarded to a single IP, even if it is the sending machine)

What EXACTLY are you trying to do? your post is a little vague.... is the problem the 2 machines arent seeing each other? or is it one specific application?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94482-need-help-connecting-ip-ip-through-router.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Heya im new and I wanted some help to conect my computer to my router I had a router Connecting to XP - help Dell laptop from which I could easily connect and now I got another Lenovo In the Lenovo I try to connect to my router it is done by Thinkvantage It finds the networks and I connect to my Netgear router the netgear is connecting but is not asking for a password like how it did when I first connected my Dell with it It just directly tries to connect and I don t know where to put the password So I thought maybe some here could help me Umm other than that I had Vista in Dell XP in lenovo I just need a way for it to ask a password I think then it would be ok i think some put a wrong pass bmistake for the first time b me and that pass has been saved Just in case I browsed a lot in the forums and everywhere I found the next post is peoploe asking for ipconfig all in cmdprompt So i thought I should just post it XP - Connecting to router help directly This is the ipconfig all from my Lenovo the Dell has gone for servicing so It will come back in round - weeks Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C xxxxxx gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name XXX I dont think this will affect the rest much Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List zylog co in Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethern et Physical Address - - -CD-A - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix zylog co in Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- -D - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Monday March PM PPP adapter CDMA X Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

If i was connecting 2 pc,s together using a cabled router, does the host pc need 2 lan cards? if not, what is the sequence they all connect up. Thanks for any help??

A:connecting using a router

There is no host pc using a router. Connect your Cable Modem/DSL line to your router's WAN port. Then connect the two PC's to the other ports on the router. (This is assuming your router has a switch built in).

The only time you would have a host PC is, for instance, if you were running Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

Hope this helps. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-using-a-router.374859/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Windows 7 computer which I want to connect to my XP computer which is on the same router how can I do this?

A:Connecting to another computer on my router

can you give us more details on what you want to connect? Are you trying to share files, remote admin? or Play games between them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160923-connecting-another-computer-my-router.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey, I have a linksys, and I was wondering how I connect the router to my PC wiresly? I know its a stupid, easy question, but could anyone help?
BTW: I'm running a WinXP and my friend's computer is the main one, and I'm the one in the other room.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have an internal ATT Novatel Mobile Broadband Card that connects internally to the internet. Can I connect two computers using a router? What router should I use? I also want to use a print server. I do not have an external DSL modem.
The wireless connection says Dell 5520 Cingular Mobile Broadband (3G HSDPA)

Relevancy 46.01%

From sum day .....my laptop(model no-15r074TU ) with window 8.1 is not connecting to the router which is of D-LinkI have uninstalled my driver  n reinstalled in again  but it didn't work...... even though i have formated my lappy,   reconfigured the router   and .... done with all the possible measures to overcome this problem  but ultimately failed.....please suugest some ways to tackle this prblm.....as soon as possible  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/laptop-is-not-connecting-to-router/td-p/5752298
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
I am new to VPN and have set a server up using windows XP's built in feature. I have tried to connect to the VPN from inside the router and it works fine. but I can't access from outside of the router. The computer will connect but then when on the "Verifying Username and Password" step the connection will disconnect with error 721: The remote computer did not respond.
The router that i have is a Lynksys WCG200, I have tried turning all the security features off, but that did not help. Could my router just not be compatible with VPN?

Relevancy 46.01%

Okay, this problem has been driving me nuts for a while now. I'm trying to connect two computers (one upstairs, one downstairs) to the internet via a wireless router. Problem is, every time I try to run the modem through the router the internet becomes unavailable. Has anyone done this before? Why can't I connect to the internet when the router is connected? My current configuration looks like this:

DSL modem> D-link wireless router> Main computer

Setting up the network for the second computer should be a breeze, just as soon as I can connect the router to the internet

MY ISP is qwest, and the modem I use cannot work as a wireless router. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 46.01%

Ok guys here is my problem.
I just got this laptop with vista and its not allowing me to connect to my wireless router. It comes up with an issue saying the wireless authentication settings on this computer do not match the requirements of this network. I've talked to a couple people with no success. The wierd thing is that i can plug in the ethernet cable and it works fine, but it won't let me connect wirellesly.........

A:Connecting to netgear router

Have you tried with encryption disabled on the router?

What encryption are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-netgear-router.717514/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am connecting a second computer to a 2-wire 2701HG-B router. On the computer
I get hardware not found when I use newtwork wizzard. What is the proceedure
to make connection to ATT dsl starting from scratch.
thank you,

A:Connecting to ATT DSL using 2 wire router

I have a 2wire wireless router/modem. It has been quite a while since I set it up.

Are you able to connect one of the systems and not the other one OR are you unable to connect any system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-att-dsl-using-2-wire-router.664154/
Relevancy 46.01%

Can somebody help me out please. I am attempting to set up a wireless connection between my laptop and a second hand wireless router that I got with no instructions.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and the router is a Linksys WAG354G. I have managed to connect to the internet no problem when i have it hard wired through the Ethernet connections.

When I attempt to connect using the wireless connection I can't get my laptop to find the wireless signal. I am not sure if I have turned off my wireless card on my laptop but when I open the Wireless Network Connection window there is no connection present.

I have Zonealarm, PrevX and AVG running.

Can somebody point me in the direction of how to get the wireless connection set up.

Thanks

Scott

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys

My mother runs a Packard Bell laptop, and I have my little Dell beside our D-Link router.
The issue is that I'm able to use the Internet, while she is only getting a signal from the router but no Internet access.
I don't think it's a firewall issue, as the browsers return a "Could Not Connect to a Remote Server", but I could be wrong.
Utorrent was running, and it was uploading a few KB, which is normal for that program. I shut it down and it didn't change anything about the situation.

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-router-but-not-internet.1006799/
Relevancy 46.01%

Yes my last post i posted a question on connecting to my home PC This one from an outside network school business etc i finally got that issue resolved Thank you Terry But now i want to perfect accessing my parents Belkin router GUI from here I just wanted to make sure i had all the steps down I had my sister log on and go into Virtual to router connecting remote a Servers and open ports through Her PC with no option of setting TCP UDP or Both I had her go into quot System Settnigs quot and enable Remote Management from only one other IP which i had my sister enter my External IP Address into it connecting to a remote router Now how do i go connecting to a remote router about accessing the Router i tried putting in their external IP address into the URL bar but a web search page just pops up i don t know how to any other way My sister was able to connect to my PC from my parents house using my hostname through DDNS which i made my External IP address instead of my Private IP address lol Give me a little insight cause im not understanding I know how to remotely access an actual Cisco routers CLI through Telnet but not sure how to connect to a Linksys dlink or belkins Interface Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone. I'm new here and hope you can help me.
I purchased a Belkin wireless router F5D6234-1 a year ago. Since the beginning, my husband's laptop has been able to connect wirelessly and I have always had to connect with an ethernet cable directly. (DSL modem to router to laptop)

I was trying to figure things out again today and now I cannot connect at all unless I hardwire directly to the modem and my husband cannot connect wirelessly at all. I have tried my ISP tech support and Belkin tech support to no avail. Anyone have any ideas I can try??

Thank you.

A:Connecting through Belkin router

Have you tried updating the FIRMWARE on your Belkin router? OR have you tried doing a reset on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-through-belkin-router.70328/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just bought a Gateway laptop and I'm connecting with a router through a cable modem on my desktop computer. It worked fine for the first few days and now I get an error message that the "radio of the wireless adapter is not currently turned on" How do I turn the adapters radio on?

A:Connecting new laptop with router

Nevermind...got it working. It just so happened that I was playing with the function buttons earlier and turned off my network adapter...lol. Thanks anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-new-laptop-with-router.497892/
Relevancy 46.01%

i've searched on the net but was unable to succeed in doing so..!!
i use a wireless broadband usb... i wanted to connect it tou my router so i could turn my net into wifi... my router is linksys WAG54GS..!!!
first i tried bridging connection, but as the USB internet makes a "dialup" connection (i guess) i can't bridge LAN with it...!!
then i tried to use ICS but didnt understand how to do that ... lol not even by the microsoft help..!
Im new to this stuff... so please can someone tell me in detail how could i connect them..???

A:Connecting USB internet with Router..?

USB to Ethernet - Do Adapters Exist for Broadband Modems?

Read this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128574-connecting-usb-internet-router.html
Relevancy 46.01%

i have purchased a new wifi router i have configured it to an open authentication
i have a laptop windows7 ultimate (dell). It shows my network but whenever i say connect it says "connecting" and then "windows was unable to connect".

Thanks

A:wifi router not connecting

Quote: Originally Posted by diasansley

i have purchased a new wifi router i have configured it to an open authentication
i have a laptop windows7 ultimate (dell). It shows my network but whenever i say connect it says "connecting" and then "windows was unable to connect".
Thanks

We need a lot more info. Like your systems specs, what router, what network setup, etc.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127984-wifi-router-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just bought a Wireless Router to connect to my DSL Modem and it's difficult for me to picture the configuration to see if I need a longer cable.
My computer is about 50' away from my Modem (an L shape away) and is connected using a very long cable. Since the computer, the Router and the Modem all need to be connected and the cable the Router provided is too short, before disconnecting things I was wondering if there was a way of switching the cable so that only 2 of them needed to be close to one another and might be connected using the short cable if you're able to picture what I'm saying.
Thanks!

A:Connecting Wireless Router?

You would only need one long cable if the router and modem sit together as that long cable now goes from router to pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router.662333/
Relevancy 46.01%

TIA
I have an HP-all-in-one , win7 x64
and I am trying to connect it to my AppleRouter via EtherNet cable .
I already have a Toshiba laptop with wireless connection to this router .
The HP has an Enabled Network Adapter ,
But I can't get windows to recognize the router .

I notice there is a turorial for "multiple routers" .
But no tutorial for setting up a 'single router' , servicing multiple computers .

Thanks..Tony

A:Connecting to single router ??

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You may try a hard reset of your printer if the printer is not being recognized in the network. You should be able to print the network config. of the printer that will tell you what the subnet (eg....192.168.0.X) and ipconfig/all output of the printer which needs to be matched with what your router is handing out in your network.

If you need us to provide a detail assistance please let us know the Model of your HP all-in-one printer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305941-connecting-single-router.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'd like to be able to connect to my modem wirelessly because with recent rearranging, I just don't have an ethernet cable long enough to reach my PC. If a problem ever comes up with my connection (which frequently happens), I just power cycle my modem and router instead of just going in the modem settings to see if there's any abnormalities. I was wondering if it is possible to connect to my modem and troubleshoot through my wireless router.

Router model is NETGEAR WGR614v9
Modem model is AMBIT U10C018

I read the modem manual and the IP for the modem is 192.168.1.1, but that's also the IP address to access the router settings. So when I type in 192.168.1.1 in my address bar, it brings me to the router only.

Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Dell Desktop with XP and a Dell Laptop with XP a couple years ago I bought a Belkin G router. Worked great. I could use the laptop anywhere in the house no problems.
In the summer we go to our camper and I connect the laptop to a wired broadband modem. That works great also. I come home turn on the laptop and it connects all by itself to my router. This time however when I turn on the laptop in the living room it tells me it sees the belkin router did I want to connect...I say yes and nothing happens. It does not connect. I didn't do anything different this year so I don't know why it don't connect.
When I open the wireless connection it does not show any wireless connections there I have refreshed the list.
Any ideas why it won't connect?
Thank You
Janet

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this topic but I felt it was the right Connecting Wireless Router place Basically my computer needed a new PCI network card but my only local PC shop didnt have any so i bought a wireless router instead I can't get this router working though I thought that I Connecting Wireless Router could just plug Connecting Wireless Router an ethernet cable from the wireless router into my PC which are both in my bedroom then run the install CD and connect to the wireless modem router downstairs I always connected to the wireless modem router downstairs with my network card but when I try to run the install CD for the router it says - quot The ethernet adapter is either disabled or no ethernet adapter is installed on this computer Either enable or add an ethernet adapter and run the application again quot The model of the wireless router is 'Netgear N wireless router' Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont want the money I spent to go to waste P Thanks in advance

A:Connecting Wireless Router

So you got two wireless routers and trying to connect the wireless router downstairs (which is connected to the internet) wirelessly to the other wireless router?

If thats the case, the routers must have a feature called Range Extender or atleast the one ur trying to connect to the one with internet. As typically you use a wireless access point in place of your 2nd router. Most routers do not have this feature. some do some don't. Ill check to see if your new router does allow this feature.

Correct me if im wrong. About what your trying to do.

- Tony

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135702-connecting-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am trying to connect to a belkin router using a D-Link Air Plus external antenna, and my machine runs on xp, but when i type in the network key and click ok, it gives me a error message that says "The network password needs to be 40bits or 140bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexidecimal characters." and how do i fix it?

Thank you

A:Need help with connecting wirelessly to router

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again. Here's How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-connecting-wirelessly-to-router.954064/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently got a hand-me-down printer, and I want to set it up with my home wireless network. The printer only has a USB connection, and the router only has a RJ45 connection. Can I make this work without having to hook the printer up to my laptop? I know that I can "share" the printer when I have it connected to my computer, but I want to avoid having it connected to any computer.

Printer: HP PSC 1410
Router: AT&T 2Wire 2701HG-B

Thanks!

A:Connecting printer to router

j4122142 said:

Can I make this work without having to hook the printer up to my laptop?Click to expand...

No. Sorry.

If your router doesn't offer printer sharing and the printer isn't network capable, you'll need other hardware to get it going (USB access point possibly)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-printer-to-router.950499/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just got a wireless router (buffalo) and i cant get my netbook (samsungNC10) running on XP to connect to it. I can find the wireless network however i hav eput in the password and nothing happens. It just wont connect. I have also tried the WEP number and that diesn't work. I ahve tried to plug the laptop into the router and then try to connect wirelessly but still nothing. How can i get my laptop to connect with out installing the buffalo software as my main internet becuase when i done this previously i could not get my netbook to connect to any other internet? thank you

A:connecting to wireless router

Try disabling all encryption on the router, then removing all the stored wireless network profiles. See if you can connect that way first, then we'll work on encryption.
How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-wireless-router.911451/
Relevancy 46.01%

Right now I have a usb modem from pipex hooked upto my computer and a computer downstairs is hooked straight to my computer with a network cable to use this internet connection.
Now sometimes my computer cant stay on all the time or I have to restart and so that means the connection goes for the computer downstairs
Is there anyway of getting this connection on all the time without having it go stragith to my computer
Also its a dial up connection

A:Connecting a usb modem to a router

You need a modem/router my friend. With 4 ports on the back and preferably wireless
You can get them for as little as 20, then you just configure it with the settings that you received with your pipex installation.
Then you'd either hardwire your pc downstairs to it via an uber long cat5e cable, or put a wireless card in it and connect to the router wirelessly.

All the above benefits, plus you're getting a better firewall that what windows has to offer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-a-usb-modem-to-a-router.105342/
Relevancy 46.01%

Will a N router connect with a windows vista B/G WLAN? If so, then will the speed be faster or the same as a b/g connection will be and what would be the best router to get?

A:Connecting WLAN b/g with an n router

the speed will be at whatever the lowest connection is - so if you use a B that 11, G 54 etc
But you need to set the router up to support mix types (they have a drop down for this in most) otherwise it will only work with N if set for N

I cant suggest a particular make, I'll wait for one of the netwrok gurus to answer and reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wlan-b-g-with-an-n-router.867286/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have 2 laptops. Laptop A is connected to Netgear router wirelessly. It was the original computer I set the router up with. The new Laptop B is currently connected directly. I'm kinda new with networking so bear with me. I can't get the 2 computers to find one another. I have tried changing workgroup names, running wireless network wizard, and still nothing. On Laptop B when I try to view workgroup computers an error message comes up that says "You might not have permission to use this network resource... The list of servers for this workgroup is currently unavailable." On laptop A when I try to view workgroup computers it only shows itself. I know that it could be a million things but if someone could point me in the right direction, it would really help.

A:Need help connecting 2 laptops through router

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the router.
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.
Let's see this for each of the two computers.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n
ipconfig /all

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-connecting-2-laptops-through-router.623314/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there I m trying to use XDMCP to connect to a Linux system but a behind router a Connecting computer to apparently the connection can t be made and because im behind a router Yes i ve tried forwarding the Connecting to a computer behind a router ports and disabling my firewall Connecting to a computer behind a router but it doesnt help and i ve even tried connecting through ssh and then open the GUI but i cant seem to get Connecting to a computer behind a router it working i use xsession but then all components of the gui open separatelly and i end up with windows each for the different components i e one windows is the backgorung the other the toolbar etc Anyways to fix i ve ping the linux machine from my pc and it works fine now it im trying to rlogin or telnet from the linux machine to my computer but i havent been able i ve tried rlogin -l username host but then again im behind a router so how can i reach my pc from linux Thanks in advance for any light in the matter nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

My Toshiba laptop was able to connect to wireless routers in the past and now it is unable to connect to any wireless routers. I have Belkin Router and my laptop informs me that the connectivity is limited, likewise at my girlfriend's house and when I try to open the web browser i get an "address not found" message.
I was able to connect to both of these wireless connections in the past without any problems and now I can't.

Please help.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a network with an ADSL modem connecting to a router via Ethernet and then obviously all my workstations access Internet through the router. Now I can configure the router by entering its IP address into a web browser and it configuration screen comes up. Now I also want to be able to configure the Modem on the fly to... however when I put in the modems IP address into the web browser it fails... but if I bypass the router and just hook a work station directly to the Modem it work. Would anybody have any ideas whats going on?

Relevancy 46.01%

I am not sure that I am in the right location here. I have a problem getting my router to connect my laptop to my internet. Can someone help me or tell me where I need to post this, please? Wrenie/SIZE]e

Relevancy 46.01%

I think that I posted this in the wrong section first!

I just bought a Wireless Router to connect to my DSL Modem and it's difficult for me to picture the configuration to see if I need a longer cable.
My computer is about 50' away from my Modem (an L shape away) and is connected using a very long cable. Since the computer, the Router and the Modem all need to be connected and the cable the Router provided is too short, before disconnecting things I was wondering if there was a way of switching the cable so that only 2 of them needed to be close to one another and might be connected using the short cable if you're able to picture what I'm saying.
Thanks!

Relevancy 46.01%

I am having problems connecting my dell laptop to my linksys router. I just turned on my laptop and realized that Im not connected. I have had this laptop for almost 2 years now and never had a problem before connecting to the router. When I go to the Wireless Network connection Properties its shows my router there but it has a red X next to it. I am connected through another router at the moment in the area that is also a Linksys. I try to refresh the network list and my router wont appear. I tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in and my laptop is still not finding it. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Why cant my laptop detect my router?

Relevancy 46.01%

Alright I Just set up a computer in my room. It has windows xp on it and I am trying to connect to my actiontec MI424WR. At first it was saying that I had limited connectivity and that I didn't have a IP address. Now it's still saying that I have limited connectivity and that my IP address is 168.254.x.x and when I try to renew the IP address it won't do it.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Vista Machine and XP Machine both connected to the internet via a router.

Both machines use an ethernet connection to the back of the Router.

The XP has a printer attached - I would like to use the Vista Machine to use this printer.

I am sure it is simple, and I have looked for an answer, but have since lost the plot

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-printer-via-a-router.736538/