Windows Support Forum

Sound Blaster Z Mic isn't working

Q: Sound Blaster Z Mic isn't working

I don't know what I can try When I plug an ordinary mic in it works fine but when I connect the beamforming mic that came with the card I get nothing. I'm looking at the little green bar in recording devices when testing noise levels.

Any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-mic-isnt-working.195536/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sound Blaster Z Mic isn't working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.8%

I have a friend that bought a Tower from another friend that used it as a server Sound not Blaster working at her work They added all the fancy hardware Big HD CD RW Ram Soundcard ect to make it a PC for at home use So then I turned him on to msn messinger So when we tried to talk to each other on messinger messinger said that the sound card wouldn t work with messinger But he can listen to music on it tho It said he needed diffrent sound drivers to make it work So then he just went to the web site to Sound Blaster not working try and get the drivers he needed but really didn t know what drivers to get Then called his friend that sold him the Tower in the first place to ask about how to get new drivers or updates for the sound card he has His sound card is a Sound Blaster CT Ensong Auto PCI http www americas creative com She gave him a phone number at Creative to call for support But everytime he pushes a button to get somewhere for support he get s disconnected So no joy there imagine that LOL Evertytime he tries to DL the drivers he thinks he needs it tells him he s missing something after the DL completes Also It doesn t give ya a chance to save them to the disk it just DL S them How ya supposed to install these I m new to this sound card thing How are ya supposed to install them How do ya start from scratch Or should he just buy a new one Prospect nbsp

A:Sound Blaster not working

Make sure you uninstall the drivers in Add/Remove Programs. If you don't, when you try to install the new drivers, they see the file already there and don't bother overwriting the file. At the same time, they log that the driver was not installed. When you access the sound card, the particular program looks and say, " damn the file I need wasn't installed! I can't work. Kind of like that. Remove the drivers. Look in Device Manager. Hold the alt key down and double-click My Computer. Go to Device Manager and look under Sound, Video & Game Controllers. Make sure everthing is gone.

I looked around the internet and it looks like Creative is not supporting these cards in a way that anyone likes.

Instead of just clicking on the driver link, >right-click on the link and select Save Target As. That will enable you to control the download. I hope I was nice about this.

(If I were you, I would go buy the cheapest Soundblaster Live! Value I could find and enjoy great sound. Cards are around $33. )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-not-working.107347/
Relevancy 67.94%

My (see title). Ive tried practically everything i can think of, it was working earlier in the week and has been for the better part of 4 months, Its just stopped, It works on my laptop, so i can safely say it isnt broken.

I have Creative software and Nvidia (not sure if thats any use but meh). I use the Teamspeak program and havent had a problem before.

Thanks for any input and if you require any other information just ask.

Andrew.

A:Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit Mic Not working

Soundblaster issue

Hi Andrew. I'm assuming that you have checked your Creative Surround Mixer settings and your system volume settings to make sure none of the mic controls were switched to mute or turned down. If you have installed a new program lately, there is a possibility that it changed your sound settings if you had to restart your computer. Also if you haven't already, check your device manager to see if all is working well and there are no conflicts, etc. If all of this is OK then we'll have to dig deeper. Let me know. Lloyd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-live-24-bit-mic-not-working.38675/
Relevancy 67.94%

In June. someone posted a query about Line In having stopped working with Sound Blaster Audigy.
My Sound Blaster Audigy no longer recognises any input from Line In.
I tried a Sound Blaster Live card and no sound can be heard from Line In. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling etc etc with no luck although this seemed to have solved the problem for the previous poster.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

A couple months ago after having my current rig for close to a year my computer was suddenly shut off by a power surge and the audio stopped working I looked up my soundcard in device resources) not working X-Fi (no Sound Blaster manager and it said quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code Sound Blaster X-Fi not working (no resources) quot After numerous driver reinstalls and system restores somehow i was able to fix it this was done almost unintentionally but i have no idea what EXACTLY i did to fix the problem Anyways pretty much the same thing has happened except this time i cant seem to fix the problem I ve uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers in safe mode about twenty times installed beta drivers rebooted around billion times and i simply dont really know what to do I m quite sure my card isnt burnt out or else i dont think my system would even see it not to mention ive actually had this problem before and was able to fix it So im doing everything i possibly can to fix the problem without replacing my current sound card Anyone have any ideas Specs Manufacturer Custom Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Hard Drive GB Western Digital Raptor rpm SATA Hitachi GB rpm Video Card Sapphire ATI Radeon x xt Monitor SONY SDM-HX DVI digital quot flatscreen LCD Sound Card SB X-Fi Audio DF Speakers Headphones Icemats Keyboard EluminX LED keyboard Mouse Razer Copperhead red Mouse Surface Steelpad L Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - note i have already disabled the onboard sound card nbsp

A:Sound Blaster X-Fi not working (no resources)

Have you tried Re-seating your sound card....also does the board have on board sound?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-x-fi-not-working-no-resources.724293/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi i'm trying to use the new vista installation cd that i just had mailed to me, but for some reason it will not let me add or repair applications for my SB X-Fi. it tells me to instert the installation CD, even though the DVD is already in the drive. what gives?

Relevancy 67.51%

I'm currently having an installation issue with the Sound Blaster X-Fi External USB after reinstalling Windows OS Before I reformatted and reinstalled Win everything was working perfectly After I reinstalled Win I downloaded all windows drivers and updates After all updates were installed I used the CD that came with the sound card and installed all components of the CD With everything installed I opened up the Entertainment Console to test the individual speaker volume levels but nothing works The individual speaker volume levels don t work and the master volume level doesn't even work When I conduct a channel test however quot Front Right Front Left quot will emit from Sound X-Fi Console Not Blaster USB, Entertainment Working the speakers but that's about it With setup selected in the Creative Entertainment Console only the front two speakers are working The Windows Audio settings do seem to be working but obviously this doesn't let me control the speaker levels or anything else that the Creative Software has to offer I attempted to uninstall all the audio drivers then download the latest driver from the Creative site but received the message quot No Creative products have been detected quot Any suggestions

A:Sound Blaster X-Fi USB, Entertainment Console Not Working

Do you have the integrated audio (On the motherboard audio) disabled, preferably in the BIOS so there are no conflicts?

Also, if you have an Intel CPU based system, reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers.

Please fill in the "My System Specs". Helps us to try and help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358445-sound-blaster-x-fi-usb-entertainment-console-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I've installed Windows 7 on my desktop with dual boot to Vista. Everything's been working fine but I haven't been able to properly setup my sound-card to function properly. As of now, I currently have no sound and I've been through many different drivers from the Creative website.

I've also tried running them in compatibility mode with Windows Vista and Windows XP SP3.

I am currently getting this error message under the "Device Status" In Device Manager, "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

Windows has been automatically installing the driver version 5.12.1.2004 dated June 13 2007.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? It is currently ruining my Windows 7 experience!

A:Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS Not Working

Go to this page and look at the latest drivers for your product. There is a newer Vista driver that you should try.

Creative Worldwide Support > Audigy LS (SE)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/1888-creative-sound-blaster-audigy-ls-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 sound Card. Recently I just installed XP pro and it stoped working. Every time I try to install the Drivers from the CD and online the install wizard says "setup could not detect any sound Blaster audio card on your system, please make sure you have your hardware properly installed before running this setup program"
I have tried every driver online and have had no success at all. HELP!!!
Oh and the computer does see it but calls it creative game port.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello!I am using the turtle beaches X12 headset. I have just recently installed the Sound Blaster Audigy Rx to my PCs motherboard. And stoped using Realtek Audio Manager and using the Creative SB drivers. After a week, the microphone stoped working(Sound still works) and said "Currently Unavalable" (Gyazo - 69d8b3ce9a7751943853c88fddad0772.png)
And I when I go and try to set up a microphone it say "Wizard could not start"
Please help me with this situation I am tired of not having a working microphone!
http://gyazo.com/84b3685014c67972a2efd00e37c7678d

And other information you need just ask. And I'll answer it.

A:Sound Blaster Audigy Rx Microphone Not Working

Did you move the front panel headset/mic connection from the Motherboard to the SoundBlaster? If not give that a try.

Since you are using the SoundBlaster, disable the RealTek on board audio in the Device Manager, to avoid any conflicts. Windows only allows one default audio playback device, anyway.

Also, here is how to post screenshots on this forum.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/348329-sound-blaster-audigy-rx-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone,

today I got my new Soundcard, a Soundblaster Zx and I must say that I really love the quality.
However, I have a problem and I don't know how to fix it.

My PC is a custom build. Case is a Bitfenix Ghost, Mainboard Gigabyte 970A-UD3.

I installed the Soundcard in my PC and disabled the onboard sound.
Driver were installed and updated after that. Sound is working.
My case has a connector labeled with "HD-Audio" wich i plugged in into my soundcard.
Sound is working in Headphones but the mic is not listed in my recording devices.

This is a list of stuff that I have done already:
-> Updated Drivers
-> Re-enabled Onboardsound (Disabled it after that)
-> Ordered a new Soundcard, same Problem

So if you are able to help me, please

A:Front Panel Mic not working with Sound Blaster Z

Exactly what model SoundBlaster Z sound card do you have? Is it the Audigy 2 ZX?

Does it work if you plug the microphone into the rear Mic jack on the sound card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/318950-front-panel-mic-not-working-sound-blaster-z.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,
I just installed a creative 5.1 channel soundblaster soundcard. The problem is that when I connect it up to my 5.1 sound system, the subwoofer is not working. Everything else is working, including the centre speaker which uses the same jack as the subwoofer.

Here are the details:
Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 It has 4 jacks, 3 is for output (Front, Rear, Centre/Sub) and the other one is for line in and microphone.

Sound System: iBall booster 5.1

i have checked all the connection

I tested the speakers with a 5.1 dvd player. Everything is working, including the subwoofer.

I dont know why the subwoofer is not working when I connect it to the sound card.

A:Creative 5.1 sound blaster card not working

Download and install the latest drivers for your card from Creative's website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-5-1-sound-blaster-card-not-working.120784/
Relevancy 66.65%

Struggling here with this darn thing Creative site has beta driver for this specific card for Windows -bit First time it was installed it BSODed upon finishing and after that installed perfectly but still there s no audio device according to anything that needs one Creative Audio Control Panel says The audio device supported by this application is not detected The application will exit Device manager tells the basic Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code The card itself is recommended properly as SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio the drivers are the latest ones when checked but it just doesn t work I know Win is a beta OS but other people have gotten these things to work and although this friend s crapbox is a HP I think it should be gotten to work somehow The card worked perfectly about a day ago in XP EDIT something added P RunE dll to the startup list at HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run and that caused an quot There was a problem starting P RunE dll P RunE dll is not a valid Win application quot error at startup Not sure if this really means anything than a ed up driver nbsp Win 32-bit Blaster (PCI) Xtreme Audio 7 Solved: on X-Fi Sound working not

A:Solved: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (PCI) not working on Win 7 32-bit

Okay, so finally we found some forum post that suggested to reformat, install nothing but graphics drivers, and then install the sound card drivers... My friend went ahead and did that, suprise, it actually worked. Case closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-pci-not-working-on-win-7-32-bit.837020/
Relevancy 66.65%

Customer received system first powered it up sound worked for a minute It crashed Loud screech from speakers reinstalled the sound driver wouldn t recognize the card reseated it recognized card drivers did install crashed again Sent customer new replacement card installed it everything worked reminsance of old driver caught on it worked for a few minutes and it crashed not Sound Vista Xtreme Please working. Gamer Blaster help. + Tryed reinstalling drivers got INPUT DEVICE NOT FOUND or INPUT DEVICE NO WORKING Took it out again uninstalled all drivers inserted card and tryed reinstalling drivers and same errors persisted By all means if you think it would be best for me to contact either Creative or Microsoft about this issue let me know I appreciate all of your help in advance Power Supply W Thermaltake SLI Compatible Silent Toughpower Edition Processor Intel Core Duo E GHz MHz Front Side Bus MB Cache Motherboard eVGA Core Quad Chipset nForce i SLI Compatible Quad Core Conroe Memory GB DDR Super Talent at MHz Dual Channel High-Performance Floppy Media Sony MB Floppy Black Edition Hard Drive GB Western Digital Raptor K RPM MB Cache SATA Extreme Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer + Vista not working. Please help. Speed Hard Drive - No Thanks Raid Option - No Thanks Optical Drive Sony DVD-ROM CD-ROM DVD Reader x CD Reader x Optical Drive Sony DVD R RW CD-R RW DVD Writer x CD-Writer x Connectivity High Speed Network Port Supports High-Speed Cable DSL Network Connections Modem - No Thanks Video Card x SLI Dual nVidia GeForce GTS MB By eVGA PCI-Express TV Tuner - No Thanks Sound Card Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Up to Channel Recommended Physics Card - No Thanks Cooling Extreme Liquid Chilled CPU Enhanced Performance Tuning Artic Blue Coolant Case Lighting Blizzard Internal Lighting Blue Edition Cold Cathode Tubes Cabling Enhanced Interior Air Flow Optical Drive amp Floppy Cables Blue Edition Windows OS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer + Vista not working. Please help.

There is a specific Vista driver available on the Creative site - though according to their own details it's only very basic. I'd go for trying that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-xtreme-gamer-vista-not-working-please-help.563393/
Relevancy 65.79%

when i open the control panel for sound blaster it says some components are missing please reinstall application and also no i cant use headphones it wont recognize them, everything worked fine till i updated please help

A:sound blaster recon 3di control panel not working after w10 update

I had the same issue... The Creative support site says the updated W10 driver for the Sound Blaster Recon 3D series will be ready by August.
support.creative.com/.../ShowArticle.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19645224
Relevancy 65.79%

For anyone who has an old Sound Blaster Live or similar soundcards laying around I found a developement project for drivers for these older cards and many others that Creative has chosen to drop support of long ago I was tearing apart an old PIII dinosaur I built in and decided to install the old Sound Blaster Live PCI card into my Win shop PC to replace the NO Resurrected Working Sound & in Win7!!! Blaster Old Live REVERB!!! mobo sound for better tunes I got the old Creative Lab XP drivers to install using Win 's XPSP compatibility Old Sound Blaster Live Resurrected & Working in Win7!!! NO REVERB!!! and it sounded great until I rebooted my shop PC Once I rebooted I had Old Sound Blaster Live Resurrected & Working in Win7!!! NO REVERB!!! a constant reverb that couldnt be turned off none of the Creative apps would run So I seached the net looking for solutions and found the KX Project for these older cards After a small struggle configuring their new WDM driver My ears couldnt be happier This is an independent development project focused on providing free WDM Audio Drivers for kX-Compatible sound cards Matter of fact their website Official kX Project Site -- News claims that they support KX-compatible soundcards including all EMU k and EMU k -based PC soundcards manufactured by Creative Technology Ltd and or E-mu Systems Inc including The E-mu Audio Production Studio APS card The motherboard models of k cards M M and others PCI CT CT and CT and PCI CT and SB including OEM model CT The original Live CT and Live Value cards CT The Live X-Gamer Live MP Live Player Live Platinum cards CT and value cards CT The Live X-Gamer Live MP Live Player Live Platinum Live Digital Entertainment cards SB SB SB SB SB SB and SB and Value SB The generic and custom OEM Live cards CT CT CT CT CT CT and CT The Audigy series including the Audigy MP X-Gamer Platinum and OEM cards CT CT SB and SB The Audigy series including Gamer Platinum Platinum eX and OEM cards SB SB SB SB SB P SB The Audigy ZS series including Audigy ZS Gamer Platinum and OEM cards SB

A:Old Sound Blaster Live Resurrected & Working in Win7!!! NO REVERB!!!

Thanks for the info Darryl Licht, may it help others with dinosaurs for graphics cards.....

One of the great misfortunes of how the sound stack works in Windows Vista/7 is that hardware accelerated audio has been rendered largely irrelevant, requiring messy workarounds to get EAX and and other hardware accelerated sound effects working...

+rep

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/238338-old-sound-blaster-live-resurrected-working-win7-no-reverb.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, Ive a Creative SB 5.1 card installed but the mixer is jus not working in Vista. My pc is runnin' in Vista Business Edition and XP professional dual boot. The Creative Sound blaster app is working pretty well with xp and has the mixer on tha taskbar but has problems with the Vista probably 'compatibility issue' n hence unable to access the mixer.
Ne1 pse hlp me. Ty!

A:Mixer For Sound Blaster 5.1 Audio Card Not Working In Vista

If I'm understanding that you're talking about the Software Mixer, you may want to install in compatability mody for XP.
This is done by right clicking on the File and choose properties. From there, click on the compatability tab and check the
apropriate box. (Select XP Service Pack 2) This may solve the issue. It may also be that you want to run with visual theme
disabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172296/mixer-for-sound-blaster-51-audio-card-not-working-in-vista/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently bought a sound blaster 5.1 VX...................while the computer tries to install the drivers for it the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH appears....................I checked for some posts n replies but no clues.................i downloaded the latest drivers compatible with windows 7 (which I use) the same problem comes again...................plz do reply.

System Config: Windows 7
2 gb Ram
Core 2 Duo

A:Sound Blaster 5.1 vx, Sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX

It might be a conflict with your onboard sound (if you have some)?

I know this can happen because i have a Sound blaster 5.1 myself, and it likes to throw a BSOD now and again with my onboard Realtek audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-5-1-vx-sound-card-creative-sound-blaster-5-1-vx.159445/
Relevancy 64.07%

Which is better, the Audigy SE or the Live 24? Please help!

A:Sound Blaster Audigy SE vs Sound Blaster Live 24?

I got the Sound Blaster Live! 24. It is really good, but the bass is a little loud.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-audigy-se-vs-sound-blaster-live-24.43823/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a SOUND BLASTER X-FI which has been working properly for about a year since I installed it.
With no warning, I have lost all sound to the device - it neither plays sound or picks it up.
The motherboard sound is still working fine, so its not a huge issue, but it would b e nice to get my sound card back up.

(More recently one of DVD players stopped being detected as well - just adding that in case it's related)

I'm using a machine with an i7 quad core - window 7 64 bitinstalled

The hardware properties says it working properly, yet it fails any of the tests I use.
When I try to launch the applications that came with it (e.g. Creative Start) it says the hardware device associated is not installed - but in device manager it says it is there, which is confusing.

Any thoughts?

A:Solved: Sound Blaster X-FI "working properly" yet no input or output

"Device Manager" is a misleading name as it's really a "Driver Manager" in that it gets all it's info from the driver, and provided it's the correct driver, DM will tell you it's working okay even when the actual hardware has become faulty or even died altogether. So you must not always believe what DM tells you in regard to the actual state of the hardware, specially when other testing utilities tell you otherwise.

My guess is you're X-Fi has bitten the dust, just not in a way that DM is able to sense.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-blaster-x-fi-working-properly-yet-no-input-or-output.1016888/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I recently purchased the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX and am having problems getting it to actually play any audio or record any sound I've browsed playback/recording no Blaster Sound Creative Audigy Card, Sound FX other threads with similar issues on this board and as such have disabled my motherboards onboard audio in my BIOS settings have reinstalled the drivers from disc Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card, no playback/recording and from the Creative website and even attempted to use Driverpack Online to download any missing drivers However my problem still persists I can see that the Sound Blaster Audigy FX is present on the sound option on the control panel but it never actually plays any sound Additionally whenever I try to play a test sound in the speakers advanced properties I am returned with the error quot Failed to play test tone quot I've included a few screenshots that might help make things a bit more clear and I'd be very appreciative of any help I can get with this issue Specifications Audio under Speccy The playback menu speaker properties and the error I am returned with when I attempt to test the speakers Recording menu

A:Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card, no playback/recording

First thing, I assume you have correctly attached your speakers to the new SoundBlaster.

As you have a separate sound card, did you disable any on-board (on the motherboard) audio in the BIOS? If not, that is the first step. The on-board, is still enabled, can conflict with the SoundBlaster.

Also, temporarily disable the AMD HD audio in the Device Manager for testing (the AMD is for HDMI audio). Reboot after doing this.

Finally, although this has may not have any affect on playback, the default recording device should be the SoundBlaster "What You Hear". In the Recording sound panel, RIGHT click in an empty area and then check to show Disconnected and Disabled devices. If the SoundBlaster was installed correctly What You Hear should now show up and you can enable it and make it the default recording device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/371675-creative-sound-blaster-audigy-fx-sound-card-no-playback-recording.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I just installed a new mother board and cpu Its an ECS -A mother board with a AMD Sempron -bit CPU It s not the best but i was trying to save money Before I had a soyo and a AMD Athlon XP and i had the Sound Blaster Live Now with this ECS mb the sound card doesn t get detected anymore even in device manager I downloaded the new driver for the Sound Blaster Live from their official website and when I came to install it it said that there were no Sound Blaster cards detected on my computer even though it was securely pushed in IN a pci slot Then I decided that I don t need sound blaster so i installed the driver for the integrated sound card on my mb realtek AC- and everything LOOKS fine according to their program and the control panel sound and audio options but i dont receive any sound from anything at all I was planning on buying a NEW sound card but then i decided to test this Sound Blaster Live on my bro s computer Ironically it was detected on his ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird and now i m puzzled as why it wasn t detected on mine What solutions have I tried I installed numerous drivers for both the sound blaster and the integrated sound card repeatedly and there wasn t any hope I re-installed the OS twice I m willing to do a third though I don t know what else I can try can anyone help and please don t say the mother board Specs AMD Sempron -Bit CPU ghz ECS Elite Group -A Motherboard DDR Ram Geforce Ti Video Card nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/both-sound-blaster-live-5-1-and-integrated-sound-card-does-not-work.373704/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I just installed a new mother board and cpu Its an ECS -A mother board with a AMD Sempron -bit CPU It Sound Blaster Card Does Sound Live Both and Not 5.1 Integrated Work s not the best but i Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work was trying to save money Before I had a soyo and a AMD Athlon XP and i had the Sound Blaster Live Now with this ECS mb the sound card doesn t get detected anymore even in device manager I downloaded the new driver for the Sound Blaster Live from their official website and when I came to install it it said that there were no Sound Blaster cards detected on my computer even though it was Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work securely pushed in IN a pci slot Then I decided that I don t need sound blaster so i installed the driver for the integrated sound card on my mb realtek AC- and everything LOOKS fine according to their program and the control panel sound and audio options but i dont receive any sound from anything at all I was planning on buying a NEW sound card but then i decided to test this Sound Blaster Live on my bro s computer Ironically it was detected on his ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird and now i m puzzled as why it wasn t detected on mine What solutions have I tried I installed numerous drivers for both the sound blaster and the integrated sound card repeatedly and there wasn t any hope I re-installed the OS twice I m willing to do a third though I don t know what else I can try can anyone help and please don t say the mother board Specs AMD Sempron -Bit CPU ghz ECS Elite Group -A Motherboard DDR Ram Geforce Ti Video Card nbsp

A:Both Sound Blaster Live 5.1 and Integrated Sound Card Does Not Work

Your Card

E-mail Teechnical Support for the Sound Blaster Card

http://us.creative.com/support/custsup/askus/emailform.asp

The problem might just be the new board, it may not support the sound card, or maybe it really isn't plugged in all the way.

Happened to me with my Firewire card took me forever to put the dump thing in I keep pushin and pushin, but not to hard because you'll break the card and you don't want to do that.

so just keep pushin slowly it may look like it is in but it probably really isn't

I hope creative can help you with your problem.

Or ot may be the new processor/ board combination, why didn't you just get the Atholon 64 instead of the Septeron 64.

I don't think many cards are compatible with that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/both-sound-blaster-live-5-1-and-integrated-sound-card-does-not-work.27123/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm looking to buy the Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX sound card, but I'm not sure how compatible it is with my current system, which is an HP Pavilion 7960. It says you need an available adjacent slot to the PCI card for the Audigy extension, which I don't know what it means.

Also, I saw a picture of it online and I see that it comes with two cards and a black box. I figure that one card is supposed to be the actual sound card, and the other is this mysterious Audigy extension. But what is the black box?

Relevancy 55.9%

I installed windows 7 a little while ago but i cant seem to get a driver that will recognize my sound card. the computer doesnt think its installed correctly but when i was using Xp it was just fine. ive tried another PCI slot but no such luck. all of the drivers i have tried tell me that they dont see that i have the product on my computer.

anyone having the same problem ?

A:Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 24bit Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Windows Vista/Windows 7 Drivers version 2.18.0017

Creative ALchemy 1.41.02
Creative Audio Console 1.31.10
Creative Graphic Equalizer 2.00.65
Creative Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.00.03
Creative DDL License Activation 1.00.04
Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player 2.00.78
Creative EAX Console 3.00.56
Creative SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.00
Creative Speaker Settings 2.00.60

Download Here

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28225-creative-sound-blaster-audigy-24bit-sound-card.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am so close to having my new audio system established On the headphone side all I need to do is place my order However I ve run into Z for 32x, card Sound PCI-E? (Will PCIE SBX Sound Blaster Vista work?) a bit of a snag considering the sound card I was Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?) originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones Exact card here the one with the external microphone since I ll need it Unfortunately this sound card specifies Windows and as supported operating systems I asked if it would still work for Vista but the other forum headphone forum seemed to think that it wouldn t unfortunately I m not looking to upgrade my OS As horrible and clunky as it is I ve made it work for me IF it would work with Vista than just let me know and read no further If not I d love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card I m looking for the best sound card possible given my physical and operational specs I have PCI-E slots x and x free and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x The card will support both gaming and music though I m more concerned with gaming than music at this point I m not looking to drop a bundle the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side but as high as or is acceptable Please let me know if you have any suggestions I m raring to place my orders haha nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-vista-32x-pci-e-will-sound-blaster-z-sbx-pcie-work.196149/
Relevancy 55.47%

I installed a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx to run digital communication with my ham radio gear. After installing the SB the original IDT ports don't work. The IDT does not show in the Deives Manager. I tried down loading the IDT drivers but got a message not compatable and download failed.  I have done this on other HP computers I have owned with no problem.Thank you any help you can give me. LarryC4 

A:On board sound gone after installing Sound Blaster Audigy Fx...

Hi: See if your BIOS has an onboard audio setting. If it does, it may have automatically gone to disabled when you installed the add on video card. Check the options you have for the onboard audio setting. If it is on Auto or Disabled, change it to Enabled, save the setting where you made the change, and again when you exit. The sound should work on both devices then. And if the audio card doesn't work with the onboard audio setting on enabled, then change it to Auto if the onboard setting had been on disabled.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/On-board-sound-gone-after-installing-Sound-Blaster-Audigy-Fx/td-p/5783655
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys,
I just recently bought a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit external sound card to connect my 5.1 speaker set into. I plug the Sound Blaster into my laptop which runs Windows Vista Business.
I have been able to get all the speakers working with the Windows drivers installed using the "Virtual Sound" option (Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers -> Enhancements.) Windows tests all speakers correctly also.
However, when I install the updated Creative drivers it will continue to use only 2 speakers even with DVD's etc... even though Windows understands I am using 5.1
I would just leave it without the Creative drivers, however I need them in order to record audio properly through its inputs.
Has anyone else encountered this, or know how to fix this? Damn Vista always causing problems
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-live-24-bit-external-no-surround-sound.575447/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello;

I'm trying to make my "Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum ex" works on Windows 7 64 bits, I did install the most new version of the drivers provided by Creative Labs, it seems like it is installed without any problems....the Device Manager shows all drivers are installed correctly...when I run the audio test the graphic moves like if the soundcard actually works but the real thing is: THERE IS NO SOUND!!, I have done all the tests that Creative labs recommends in their page but I got nothing, please could somebody help me to make this sound card works??

Thank you!

A:Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum ex does not sound in Win7x64

That is an old sound card and what Creative calls a "legacy" card. Do you have the SB set as the default audio playback device?

Do you have any integrated audio (on the motherboard) devices enabled? If you do, disable that in the BIOS as it can conflict.

Try reseating the sound card (with the PC off) and see if that makes any difference.

Have you tried plugging a headset into the GREEN speaker jack on the rear of the card, in case your speakers are the fault?

Also, please fill in the My System Specs as it helps us to try and help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/245307-sound-blaster-audigy-2-platinum-ex-does-not-sound-win7x64.html
Relevancy 55.47%

It makes it sound like the only way to get sound from all of your speakers is to enable cmss and click that top option. The only way I can get sound from all of my speakers is to enable the bottom option. What is the deal, and am I getting the best/worst sound in the way I am doing it?

Relevancy 55.47%

This seems to be a problem that Creative has not been able to fix with new drivers. The work around is to limit the computer to below 4GB of memory. Has anyone come up with drivers that work so I can use all my memory?

A:Garbled sound NF4/Sound Blaster XFi Gamer with over 4GB memory

Sorry but your post leaves lots of questions. Can you tell us what the issue is with what piece of hardware or software? System specs?

See this - How To Ask For Help

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/204185-garbled-sound-nf4-sound-blaster-xfi-gamer-over-4gb-memory.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have put the sound card into my computer and made sure that I've hooked up everything correctly, but I have ran into a problem with it. When I ran the download "Product Identification Module Update" from the Creative website, it's telling me that I don't have the right OS, and tells me to update to Windows 7 or later versions. Well, my problem is that I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, which I know is plenty new, and I don't understand why it's not letting me download the update/driver for the sound card. Please do help if you are able to

A:Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound card issue

MrRatigan, Welcome to SF. Check to make sure that you have fully updated W7 and then double check and see if the Creative downloads will take then.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221771-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-sound-card-issue.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i have a dell computer and i just got it back because the second hard drive went on it so i had to load everything back on it. But everytime i reinstall my sound card that is sound blaster live 24 bit. It works right when i install it but once my computer gets shutdown or restarts. It stops working and no sound will come out. I tryed unstalling and reinstalling it and it does samething.Any help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-blaster-live-24-bit-sound-card-help.763379/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a sound blaster live! 24 bit sound card and it would be very helpful if someone could tell me or send me a link of the pin sets so that i can hook up my front sound.
thank you

A:Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit font sound hook up

You have to use the motherboard sound connectors to connect the front sound

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-live-24-bit-font-sound-hook-up.103315/
Relevancy 54.18%

This may help others having the same problem... After spending a whole evening trying to get sound from a successful installation of the sound card and driver, I decided to give it one more attempt. the next morning (with a fresh brain) . Here's what I did differently to get it to work...

PRIOR TO INSTALLATION...
Disabled Auto Installation of Drivers
Disabled Virus Protection and Firewall
Disabled Onboard Audio (BIOS)

INSTALLATION
Installed Sound Card
Installed Standalone Driver SB24_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0090
Opened Sound Control Panel > Speaker Properties > Custom and selected Digital Output Only (my speakers are digital) omit this if your speakers are analog

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-audigy-se-windows-7-no-sound.1111068/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just bought a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value and ive been having problems with Halo on the Pc. When i turn on Hardware Accelaration the sound is better than software but when its on i shoot a weapon and the sounds cuts on and off. Its annoying. So when the videos play i can hear talking sometimes and sometimes not. So whats could be wrong. Any Suggestions. Here are my System Specs: (just built)
MOBO: Forgot brand it think its MSI or ASUS but dont want to look for it.
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Mem:1024MB of DDR-RAM
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro 256MB
HD:2xWD Raptor 74GB in RAID0
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value (when for this one because i ran out of money on other components.)
PS:430W Antec

A:Sound Problems with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value

The first thing I would do is install the latest driver. Maybe you did this already but you didn't mention it. If you did and it isn't working, maybe an older driver might work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problems-with-sound-blaster-audigy-2-value.31918/
Relevancy 54.18%

Done the research and unless I've missed something there's a caveat that hasn't been addressed in this issue I have an SB Live value card have installed the - no Value sound card Live! blaster Sound Daniel K driver for it following the suggestions about deleting the existing RealTek which didn't seem to work though I didn't put any time into why that didn't work and scrubbing the system with the recommended driver scrubber - can't remember the name Sound blaster Live! Value card - no sound but it was recommended in an earlier post I record with the SB Live value card because of the low-noise and rock-bottom price that these are now available for On-board sound has terrible noise floor issues They all do I occasionally play games with the analog joystick and attach to the midi port to back up my Roland VG- guitar fx box The card is fully utilized in my system so I don't want to switch to the on-board garbage So back to the problem The Daniel K drivers installed well BUT though I see the VU meter in the system tray responding on playback i e it jumps around indicating that Windows is trying to send the signal to the card I get no sound out of the speakers I've tried headphones with no joy I've also tried the KX drivers nice effort btw but no midi or joystick drivers with the KX stuff with the same result No sound from the card No IRQ conflicts no DMA issues etc I've tried it in the only other slot on the mobo BTW mobo is new and uses the AMD SB southbridge Does that Southbridge just not pass sound or Card works on my dual-boot XP so I know its good Suggestions Anyone seen this particular wrinkle before Thanks in advance

A:Sound blaster Live! Value card - no sound

Most new motherboards only have a "bridged" PCI slot to the PCIe bus. Many PCI cards will not work or work properly with the bridged PCI slot. There are many posts about this on the recording forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/360232-sound-blaster-live-value-card-no-sound.html
Relevancy 54.18%

im trying t o figure out if i should use my on-board sound card or the Audigy se

I run vista
the board is a geforce8200a with IDT High definitiont audio device
and i want to know if by adding the Audigy SE will it improve my system performance or down grade it

2 gb of ram
2.8 ghz processor dual core

any other info just ask

A:Sound Blaster Audigy SE or on-board sound?

ok you will need to download this program because there are a few motherboards that use that

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_147.zip

than after you have downloaded it right click on the file and hit extract or it might say unzip than open the extracted folder if it doesn't do that automatically than run cpuz. after its finished loading look at the top and click the tab that says mainboard than write down the information it says about your motherboard than post it here and that should make it easier to tell you which is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-audigy-se-or-on-board-sound.111741/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have put this sound card in and when windows starts up it play this little sound after the windows clip, and i dont want it to play. how can i turn it off!.
Thanks

A:Creative Sound Blaster Sound Card

You have to go to creative eax in the start menu and in the lower right hand corner there is a little blue box with eax on it ,click on the little thing that looks like a page in the box and you can dissable it there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-sound-blaster-sound-card.161072/
Relevancy 54.18%

My DELL 4100 PenIII 933/133 384mb 20 gb Win ME has no sound. I tried to uninstall the sound driver thru Devise Mang. That did not work. What should I do?? Can I remove the sound card & put it back. Would that work?? ODIE

Relevancy 54.18%

hey, i have a SB LIVE! 5.1 and everytime i start a game, after a few minutes, the overall sound gets some weird sounds like pops and they only disappear when i reboot my computer! but they come back when i start a game, i dont know if it is wave distortion or not but its really getting me upset ... and i updated the drivers with LiveDrvUni_Pack(ENG).

the games that i've experiencied this sound glitches are GTA San Andreas and Splinter Cell 1, they are the ones i've been playing lately...

A:Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Sound Glitches

yeah my SB live card has problems a lot when i turn EAX on in games. I've noticed it mainly when I'm running two programs that use sound at once...teamspeak and CoD, teamspeak and BF2...things like that. The surround works just fine though if i'm doing one or the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-live-5-1-sound-glitches.31214/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I installed Daniel K sound pack and its installed but get no sound?

Reinstall?

Thanks

A:Sound Blaster Live Value daniel k no sound?

Non Creative (SoundBlaster) drivers may or may not work. Best option, if there is no Creative Win 7 driver is to use a sound card that is compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/387342-sound-blaster-live-value-daniel-k-no-sound.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all!

I just installed a Creative Sound Blaster: Value 1024 (WDM) from 2001, I know it's quite old, but it's the only one I have available to me.

After I installed it, it worked temporarily until I rebooted to finish the driver installation. After that, I've had no sound at all, and I need my sound for my games.

My computer specs are as follows:

Processor: Pentium IV AMD Athlon XP 2100+ ~2.1GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce5 FX 5200, 256MB Onboard RAM - Overclocked to 325 MB.
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster: Value 1024 (WDM)
MoBo: VIA KM266
Memory: 1GB 210MHz DDR RAM - 1 Stick
Hard drives: (2), 50.4GB SATA (7200RPM); 111.4GB SATA (7200RPM)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

A:No Sound: Creative Sound Blaster: Value 1024 (WDM)

Get into the device manager and "roll back" the sound driver to the time before you installed the non-working driver... or remove the sound driver and reboot your computer and see if the driver is automatically reinstalled and working

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-creative-sound-blaster-value-1024-wdm.128174/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys Last Blaster Xtreme No audio Sound on X-Fi sound night I was helping to a friend and connected his computer with mine No sound on Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme audio by KVM switch We had done all I got unplugged KVM switch reconnected my monitor KB an mouse Everything was just fine After a while without reason or there No sound on Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme audio may be some reason which I can't figure out I just got lost out of my sound Uninstalled and reinstalled all X-Fi apps no good Now I have installed a fresh OS updated it's all accurate under my system specs and all drivers including SB X-Fi Xtreme audio No good Device Manager recognizes proprely under Sound video and game controllers SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio This device is working properly Click on Speakers icon on the General tab Jack Information No Jack Information Available Check or uncheck box next to Digital output settings makes no difference Headphones tested on another computer working Equalizer shows moving green line when playing audio as if it work No system sounds There are events in Event Viwer attached to this post I have fresh Windows Ultimate SP x no antivirus no antimalware no any other program only updates Adobe Flash Player and drivers Starting to think that i'm missing something simple Totally confused here after checking so many things so many times Looking forward to your response

A:No sound on Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme audio

1. Reseat the SoundBlaster sound card (with the PC powered off, unplug then plug back in). SoundBlasters have a history of seating problems.

2. Post a screenshot of the Device Manager, Sound section.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/338331-no-sound-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello First time posting here hopes are high I have a computer athlon XP processor MB Ram GB HDD DVD combo drive CDRW Drive Sound Blaster Card Raden video card Systems running windows professional recently purchased Logitech Z- Speakers in hopes that I could listen Sound Help Surround Sound Blaster 2 to my movies in surround but alas the Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help speakers have thwarted me I have it Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help all wired correctly speakers to sub sub to center channel center channel to the surround outputs on Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help my card I get sound through the Front left and front right and sub and if i press the nifty matrix button I get some use out of the center channel The rear speakers have not worked to date I have the most recent drivers available from Creative july i believe was the date released The speakers work fine if i switch the rear and plug them into the front I tried to download the DVD-audio play software from creative but it wont install as well as the surround sound mixer program from creative Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Neal Strong nbsp

A:Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help

This may be obvious but have you gone into control panel/ sound and audio devices and made sure the 5.1 setting is enabled for your speakers? What happens when you try to install the various programs that won't install. Any error messages? Excuse my ignorance what is a "matrix button"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-2-surround-sound-help.267648/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello i have a sound blaster sound card on my machine sound blaster value blaster sound sound card i have had some problems not being able to hear sound from all speakers i found out the problem but this can only be fixed by installing the software that came on the cd sound blaster sound card creativ play center well i pop in the disc and it says that there isnt any sound blaster dected on my machine well the card is installed and this is hte same cd that came with the card so i went and uninstalled the card and tried it sound blaster sound card again nothing why wouldnt it detect the card when its installed and yes the sound sound works - i have sound just not all the speakers are working and this is a setting in the play center creativ that i need to check i have done this may times before in the creativ play center any help is greatly appreciated cheers T - MGT doughnut nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I recently installed creative sound blaster extigy. It worked fine for 3 weeks but now no sound. I have checked all connections, etc. Please help!!

A:Sound blaster extigy no sound

Try another sound card and then we can go from there...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-extigy-no-sound.98988/
Relevancy 52.46%

Last week I was trying to copy some audio cassetts from my stereo to my hard drive That was when I found out I did not have the appropriate sound card Sound blaster card sound to do so I cantacted Dell and purchased a sound card which is supposed to work with my Sound blaster sound card system which is a Dell XPS Windows Vista Home Premium The sound card arrived I installed the sound card and the Sound blaster sound card Drivers from the CD which came with it My speakers sound like a Microphone without a wind damper and no volume I disabled the quot Digital Output Device SPDIF High Definition Audio Device driver so their would not be any conflicts Sound very fuzzy and very far away even with all the volume controls turned up The sound card is from Creative labs and is a Soundblaster Audigy bit Normally I am very good with this type of thing By the way I have contacted their Tech Support twice went to the site and tried all their troubleshooting tips there I gey whispering sound from the speakers when I move the mouse couser accross the desktop nbsp

A:Sound blaster sound card

That should be I GET a whispering sound from the speakers when I move the Mouse Cursor accross the desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-sound-card.819878/
Relevancy 52.03%

I want to upgrade my sound card on a dimension e520.
I found an Xtreme Music PCI (model  SB0460) but without D.
Can i buy that card or is a problem?

A:sound blaster

You should be thinking about a new computer instead of upgrading or replacing parts an obsolete model like the e520. Use it as is until you can replace it. Sound cards are old school now. Almost all the new models have integrated sound that is better for everyday home use.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19989181
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I have a sound blaster pci 128 on board sound and I was told I should buy a sound card, it is also a sound blaster pci 128 ..and I am confused of what the difference is. Thank you.

A:sound blaster pci 128

There is no point of replacing the onboard SB 128 with a ad on SB 128 pci card. They are basically identical. If you want to replace it, get a better one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-pci-128.68921/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed a Sound Blaster MP3+ on my computer for the purpose of recording our old lp's. I am getting sound from my speakers, but, cannot record. Nothing is recognized as http://images.techguy.org/smilies/confused.gif
playing on my computer. Computer is running Windows XP with a Pentium 4 processor (speed is 2.66 ghz). I have used this sound card on another computer in the past and even though it barely had enough requirements for this card, it did work. I do not remember how the hardware was setup. This time, though, I followed the instructions for the sound card.
The turntable is hooked into a receiver which goes to the line in. The speakers go to the line out. The card is recognized by my computer. I have also downloaded the upgraded driver for the sound card. Any ideas??????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-mp3.630966/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just downloaded Creative Sound Blaster Audio PCI 128D, but I evidently don't have the drivers to support it. Where can I download them? I'm going in circles with Gateway updates and Windows updates.

Also, what's the best device for listening to internet radio? I have RealOne now.

Thanks! In advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

I installed a new SB PCI 16 and when I run the installation program it installs everything twice.
I went to the help screen and did what it said...go to Device Manager and delete one each...the next time I booted up it says it found new hardware and re installed the 3 items I deleted. It happens everytime I delete them.
How can I stop this from doing it. It doesnt give me the option to say no
Thank you

A:Sound Blaster PCI 16

Are these duplicate installs or other? Most souncards will install,
a legacy device
a game port
and the souncard.

Please give us a few more details.

SeeYa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-pci-16.106110/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am running a p 166 mhz with a sb 16 (plz dont ask why)
anyways, the sb doesn't want to play through wave out
it will play audio cds and midi fine
does anyone know where i can find the jumper settings perhaps? thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-16.86173/
Relevancy 52.03%

I won't play any games on my desktop only on-line.
Which sound blaster do I order?

Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394 ]

more expensive Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D), w/Dolby® Digital 5.1 or

Relevancy 52.03%

My sound chip on my motherboard seem to have gone kaput, got a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE.
Apparently it don't work with Win7, yet its all right on my Vista partition.

Trying to find a driver that will make it compatible with 7.
Anyone had that problem.

A:Sound Blaster

hi wysiwyg49, and welcome to sevenforums,

vista drivers should work ok.

try right-clicking on the driver installer program >> properties >> compatibility >> tick the box and try one of the vista modes.

please let us know if it works (or not)!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/175136-sound-blaster.html
Relevancy 52.03%

does creative soundblaster work
well with vista

A:sound blaster

So far....no! 14 hrs into it and no sound yet! X-Fi Xtreme music

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/179244-sound-blaster.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I m trying to get my SoundBlaster Live to do SB Emulation in DOS so I can play an OLD game Dragon s Lair I m currently using Win SE until my replacement hard drive comes in Blaster DOS Sound in Here s my problem I followed instructions to make a SB emulation boot disk using the instructions at Sound Blaster in DOS this link atlas hemmet chalmers se livecenter showpage pf php id Followed the instrutions exactly and when I run the file that it specifies sbeinit com I get a message saying the SB emulation failed due to exceeding the memory limit The recommended that I load the sbeinit com file before I load Smartdrv exe and this was also mentioned at the bottom of the instructions on the above link My question is how do I do this I can t find any reference to smartdrv exe even loading up in my autoexec bat and config sys I know that himem sys has SOMETHING to do with it but I don t want to disable that since the instructions told me to put that line in the config sys How do I get my sound to work in DOS to play this stupid game If I had any hair I d pull it out Here are my Autoexec bat and Config sys files as they are on the boot disk AUTOEXEC BAT ECHO OFF set EXPAND YES SET DIRCMD O N set LglDrv Z Y X W V U T S R Q P set LglDrv LglDrv O N M L K J I H G F E D C cls call setramd bat LglDrv set temp c set tmp c path RAMD a CDROM copy command com RAMD gt NUL set comspec RAMD command com copy extract exe RAMD gt NUL copy readme txt RAMD gt NUL SET BLASTER A I D H P T SET CTSYN C SBLIVE Sblive ERROR IF EXIST ebd cab GOTO EXT echo Please insert Windows Startup Disk echo pause GOTO ERROR EXT RAMD extract y e l RAMD ebd cab gt NUL echo The diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive RAMD echo IF quot config quot quot NOCD quot GOTO QUIT IF quot config quot quot HELP quot GOTO HELP LH ramd MSCDEX EXE D mscd L CDROM echo GOTO QUIT HELP cls call help bat echo Your computer will now restart and the startup menu will appear echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo echo restart com GOTO QUIT QUIT echo To get help type HELP and press ENTER echo rem clean up environment variables set CDROM set LglDrv CONFIG SYS menu menuitem CD Start computer with CD-ROM support menuitem NOCD Start computer without CD-ROM support menuitem HELP View the Help file menudefault CD menucolor CD device himem sys testmemff device oakcdrom sys D mscd device btdosm sys device flashpt sys device btcdrom sys D mscd device aspi dos sys device aspi dos sys device aspi dos sys device aspi u sys device aspicd sys D mscd device emm exe NOCD device himem sys testmemff HELP device himem sys testmemff COMMON files buffers dos high umb stacks devicehigh ramdrive sys E lastdrive z nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

ok so i have a set of logitech x-530 5.1 surround sound speakers and a sound blaster live 24 bit sound card and only the 2 front speakers seem to work and the subwoofer.

iv got all the cables plugged into the rite place and at the back the cables are also going into the rite place as they are colour coded.

can some1 please help me out...my mum has bough me this for christmas and is reli pissed of that it aint working, thnx =]

i have also set my options 2 5.1 on the control pannel but still no change, i previously had an onboard sound card but iv just left it in and installed the drivers for this sound card.

A:5.1 and sound blaster 24 bit

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

You may want to remove the 5.1 sound card and drivers, then
uninstall the drivers for onboard sound. It may be a good idea
to run a reg cleaner after uninstalling all sound drivers.
Disable the on board sound in the bios and Re-install the sound card,
boot into windows and install the sound card drivers.
Let us know how things workout.

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-and-sound-blaster-24-bit.39719/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been trying now for weeks to try and figure out what is wrong with my computer. I am still trying to find out what is wrong with my sound card? and if i even have one.
I have been looking in my files and have come across the following:Audiopci has folders that tell me these things:dos4gw folder says dos/4gw fatal error (1004):syntax is dos4gw exectuable.xxx
mt32 folder says error ci audio windows driver is not loaded
folder three says sbcfg and contains the info
sbpci environment not found there are many other folders that tell me sound blaster is not found etc?
what is happening? and how can i fix this?
Does having 3d savage blaster have anything to do with this? im new to the techno world so im just guessing?
i cant run windows media player?
any help at all would be great. your advice has been very helpful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster.38660/
Relevancy 52.03%

i just got vista yesterday and i installed the drivers etc now everything works expect the xfi console launcher etc i keep getting errors like this.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/rudebwoyx/Untitled.jpg

i need to use it so i can edit the sound /crystalizer etc any help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfi-sound-blaster-help.77821/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm getting a new desktop in the near future and been searching for a
sound card...I like the Soundblaster X-FI Elite pro, but read about issues with Vista...I did notice that they had recently released new Vista drivers. I like this card because of the external breakout box. If anyone has this car, was it easy to install? I'm a bit leery of installing it myseld due to the fact I fried my Live Drive when I had the Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1 I thought it might be easier to install this card due to the external breakout box. I can't seem to find any online installation guide that illustrates how to install the card. Hope someone can give me some help here. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-x-fi-elite-pro.622099/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was wondering how I could get my sound blaster card to play what you hear on your pc over mic. I did this on XP

A:What you hear sound blaster

hi pclov3r,

i don't understand your question - do you want to hear your microphone output on your speakers?

if so, you just have to up the mic volume in your sound mixer.

control panel >> hardware and sound >> sound >> select 'speakers' >> properties >> levels >> scroll down until you see microphone >> un-mute it or raise the volume level

be careful of raising it too high, otherwise you may get audio feedback if you aren't wearing headphones.

i hope i understood your problem correctly - good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/19443-what-you-hear-sound-blaster.html
Relevancy 51.6%

somehow...somewhere I messed up my sound card. I have a sound blaster pci128 and when I go to reinstall it a message comes up from windows (I'm running win 98)
WINDOWS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR WHILE TRYING TO INSTALL THE DRIVER FOR THIS DEVICE ERROR CODE: 137
what gives....??? no sound at all. Thanxs.

A:sound blaster problems....

If you just tried to reinstall the drivers you may want to try going to start/settings/control panel/system/device manager/sound tab and remove the pci audio, reboot and reinstall the drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-problems.46744/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Win 98 is saying that it doesn't support Sound Blaster Pro.. and the Creative Labs website says the same thing.. Surely there's a way around this... Could someone tell me how to get sound? or do i have to get a new sound card?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I seem to be having some trouble with my Creative Sound Blaster card The ports at the back dont seem to work at all but the ports at the front do for my speakers All drivers seem up to date The ports at the back worked just fine before I formatted I just dont know what I m missing here Also definitely plugged in correctly Heres my spec Audio Sound Cards ATI HDMI Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Creative X-Fi Audio Processor WDM Playback Devices SPDIF Out Creative SB X-Fi Realtek Digital Output Optical Realtek High Definition Audio Speakers Creative SB X-Fi default Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Realtek HDMI Output ATI HDMI Audio Recording Devices Microphone Sound Blaster XFI Creative Creative SB X-Fi default Auxiliary Creative SB X-Fi Line-In Creative SB X-Fi quot What U Hear quot Creative SB X-Fi Digital-In Creative SB X-Fi Speaker Configuration Speaker type Stereo Has anyone else come across this problem Is there a fix nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

So i have been having a problem for a while and just neglected to acknowledge it.

With the newest version of the drivers for my sound card i get a very loud and irritating crackling noise. Especially when using Ventrilo when people talk and Warcraft III.

Not sure if its the sound card or the programs that are causing the problem

Worse comes to worse i may just end up buying a new sound card but I'd like to see if there is a way to fix it before i do that.

A:Sound Blaster Audigy 4

Hmm.

Could you downgrade your current drivers to something a little bit old.
And see if you still have this problem?

It could be a bad install or faulty sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-audigy-4.738619/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi ive got a Creative Sound Blaster Live Digital 5.1 sound card, but for some reason the drivers and the audioHQ program seem to be corrupt. when i got to uninstall or install a new driver i get this: http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8250/errorui6.jpg
even in safe mode it will not uninstall. any1 know what i can do to get rid of the driver?

A:Sound blaster problems

Try uninstalling the card in device manager, and reboot. Windows should reinstall it at bootup and then install new driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-problems.80305/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi at everybody.
i'm new on this forum...
yesterday i've installed windows 7 on my desktop pc, but i've some problems with audio card : model -> Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

where i can find correct drivers for this audio card???
thanks a lot

A:Sound Blaster 5.1 Live!

i've resolve this problem with this post of adanziger:
"Followed this procedure and it worked like a charm for me. I now have normal sound from my SBLive on a Dell 8200. Thank's Laxmanalal.

1. Download "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe"
2. Right click this file and click "extract to folder LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG)"
3. Go to device manager and right click "multimedia controller" which should have exclamation mark next to it..click update driver. click the 2nd option to "browse computer"..then click browse button and locate your LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG) folder and double click your way to Audio\Drivers\WIN2K_XP..tick "include subfolders"...then click next.

Installation then proceeded automatically and it works!
"

thanks a lot!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/60476-sound-blaster-5-1-live.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help. I have installed Win 7, but when I want to install Sound Blaster live software, it says that no sound card is installed. I installed the kx software and the sound works, but I cannot use my midi keyboard and somehow my micr0phone will not work in Skype. I would realy like my soundblaster card to work. It all works perfectly in XP

A:Sound Blaster live

Hello Pieterg Welcome to the Se7en Forums!

The first thing to look over now is under "sound, video, and game controllers" in the Device Manager to see if there any yellow marked items found there. The yellow marked items of SB WDM and any other Creative item would be found there.

Window has detected the card in order for sound to be heard while the application may need to be configured especially the sound mixer in the Control Panel under sound for Skype. As you will see in the image here you simply right click on the item found in Sound to configure each or set which one will be the default.

The recording tab is where to go for any microphones to be used like one on a web cam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67659-sound-blaster-live.html
Relevancy 51.6%

having sometrouble installing my sound card after a fresh install.
i don't have the disk that came with the sound card or a system restore disk. Any ideas where I could get a hold of that?

thanks for any replies in advance

Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys

i recently bought a SB 2 ZS gamer from ebay and it was suppose to come with everything but it didn't come with "THX Setup Console" and "EAX Music Console with Acoustic Enhancements" does anyone know how i can get these? or where i could download them?

thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

hey all,
I just got a new mobo ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe with on board sound, i remember a time when all onboard sound sucked, but they seem to be getting better now but i still dont know if its better than my sound blaster audigy 2. the mobo has a realtek ALC650 AC'97 AUDIO 6-CHANNEL codec
i apreciate any advice

A:sound blaster VS realtek

Your Audigy 2 would kick the living pants out of the onboard audio...

AC'97 is decent, definitely better than onboard audio that came before it. It's roughly comparable to the original Soundblaster Live!...Although if I had the choice between the two, I'd go for the Live! because it lightens the load on the CPU.

The very best onboard audio is nVidia nForce's MCP-T SoundStorm...They use a variation of it in the X-Box. Now thats an audio solution that could replace most soundcards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-vs-realtek.241837/
Relevancy 51.6%

seems a lot of people are having issues with the sound blaster audigy cards, me included. Im dual bootin windows 7 and XP, on windows XP my sound card works and everything, when i boot in windows 7, dosnt even detect my card. I have the driver i need to get it to work, its just not detecting it to begin with. Anyone have any suggestion to get it to work?

A:Sound Blaster Audigy

Quote: Originally Posted by Zerolife

seems a lot of people are having issues with the sound blaster audigy cards, me included. Im dual bootin windows 7 and XP, on windows XP my sound card works and everything, when i boot in windows 7, dosnt even detect my card. I have the driver i need to get it to work, its just not detecting it to begin with. Anyone have any suggestion to get it to work?

What driver are you using?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/20787-sound-blaster-audigy.html
Relevancy 51.6%

What is the difference between the following sound cards? Is it just the software? and if so is it worth paying the extra for the packages that include software? IS the hardware all the same? Thanks guys

CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY WITH 1394
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Xgamer
CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER BLASTER AUDIGY MP3+ - RETAIL
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Retail Box

I'm not as familiar with the Audigy as I am with the Live! but I think the different cards are packaged similar as the Live! cards were.

Audigy with 1394 suggests to me that it has Firewire ports.
I think the only difference in the XGamer and the MP3+ is the bundled software. As for the Platinum, I'm not certain about the Audigy but the Live! Platinum came two ways, OEM and Retail, The OEM was just the card and drivers and the Retail included the LiveDrive (a bay mounted panel that contains controls and ports that are connected to the card) I'm pretty sure the Audigy is also packaged this way.

The Platinum Retail would be the way to go in my opinion because that drive is very handy to have and well worth the difference in price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-audigy.1960/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently installed Windows 8. My Creative suite is seen in the start screen, however when I try to initialize the console or anything else..nothing happens. The upgrader indicates I have the most recent version. I've been to Creatives site but cant find drivers for the X-FI MB. Anyone else have this issue?

A:Sound Blaster X-FI MB issues

The Xfi MB is a software "enhancement" to the integrated sound module in your PC. Do you have the install program, to reinstall it? If you have a Dell, the My Dell Downloads should have the download for it. I had this on one of my PC's (provided by the motherboard vendor) but I didn't try to reinstall it on the PC that I upgraded to Win 8 as I never used the features.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/11849-sound-blaster-x-fi-mb-issues.html
Relevancy 51.6%

OK Ive re-installed a clean version of windows XP for a friend on their laptop but the sound is no longer working the system is about 8 years old and the manual says it has a soundblaster sound card in itis there a soundblaster web site that detect the type of sound card and the best driver for it like nvidia does for their products thanks

A:sound blaster drivers

www.creative.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-drivers.725805/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a sound blaster live! card in my computer and lately it has been freezing games, and making music and sound crackle and stuff and it is annoying.....can someone help?

Relevancy 51.6%

does anybody have one of those new Creative X fi line of sound cards? u think its worth upgrading from audigy 2 zs platnuim? is it that big of a difference?

A:Sound Blaster audigy 2zs vs. X fi

computer audio is reaching the apex of limits of human hearing as quality of sound goes. the only thing that can ensure great quality now a days is great speakers. so go for the cheaper one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-audigy-2zs-vs-x-fi.428841/
Relevancy 51.6%

I went to update my current drivers for my sound card on the site. Everything was going fine and i was going through the installation when it asked to restart to Continue installation...so i restarted and nothing came up...and when i click on the installation again it says that components are already installed try restaring helpppppppppppppp!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have new Creative SB VP Sound Blaster Audigy SE I do allot of video recording with Windows Movie Maker and other apps As with many Creative cards the line help for Blaster Sound code Need in also serves as digital Need code help for Sound Blaster out By default from a cold boot its set to digital out so if I record anything there is no sound so I have to go into the recording part of the mixer and choose mic then line in then there will be sound on the recording This is a major pain especially when I forget to do that and end up with no sound on the video I dont use and I dont want digital output at all I want to use that jack ONLY for line in I do have the latest drivers and from what I read this is a driver problem Creative has know about for years and has done nothing about What I need is a small program I can drop into the startup folder that will toggle mic then line in at start up I sure many others would like to have that too There is a similar program here with the source code it dont Need code help for Sound Blaster do what I need but it could be easily modified to do what I need I dont know how thats done Can some one point me to one Could someone make me one thanks My OS XP Home SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-code-help-for-sound-blaster.785467/
Relevancy 51.6%

Help,

I am stuggling with getting my sound back. I am running windows 7 64. At first I had no sound whatsoever. Then I was able to get my sound to work by loading up the Daniel K driver. My sound card shows no problems in device manager, but my sound is choppy with a lot of popping and static. Could someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having sound problems with my sound in some games, LIke CS:Source and Half life 2 where the sound seems choppy when there's a lot going on soundwise ie: voices and gunshot at the same time, but not music and talking and footsteps. Really only seems to happen with shooting and talking.

Could this be a problem with my sound card , maybe out dated drivers? Or could it be something of a stutter problem that my video card is causing?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a creative sound blaster vx 5.1 card and creative T 6100 speakers.. For some reason the rear speakers dont work while playing 5.1 channel content.. It works only when eax is enabled in the creative control panel.. I dnt want to turn on eax. Pls help me find a solution

A:Creative Sound Blaster... help?

It might be slightly different for whichever OS you're using (XP or 7) but there should be an "Audio Control Panel" inside the main system control panel; In the Audio Control Panel change the "Speaker Configuration" to 5.1.

That should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-sound-blaster-help.179357/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a sound blaster card and two cd-rom drives. One is burner the other is just a cd-rom.

I use the cd-rom for playing games and the burner for burning discs.

I have the audio cable from the sound card going to the burner. The burner is the slave drive and the cd-rom is the master.

I was wondering does the audio information go from my cd-rom drive to the audio cables connected to the burner? I am using my sound card with the cd-rom? It says that the sound blaster can be attached to up to two devices but, I have no other cables with it.

Thanks for the help

Relevancy 51.6%

Well this maybe be a dumb question but all these new mobo's I am buying from Asus are coming with ac97 sound, to get to the point does ac97 suck I mean onboard stuff like this and lan is it welfare?? Would I be better of buying a Sound blaster Card? I mean the sound is fine but is it the "western family sound"? (no offence to western family LOL) 90% of what i do is game so ....??? Any opinions?

thx...

A:Sound blaster or ac97' ???

I just posted about this and I think AC97 is bad. But I don't have any basis for that other then my own ineptitude. So uh... yea, this is pretty much pointless.

Edited because of language
--Mictlantecuhtli

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-or-ac97.11397/
Relevancy 51.6%

The right drivers at the last post:
Sound blaster live!

A:Sound blaster live!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pontii

Hi everyone.
Well i've seen alot of topics about this problem, but i havent get this soundcard to work.

My problem is: I had windows XP on my computer before, a few days ago i installed windows 7, my network, sound didnt work.
Well i fixed the network with no problem.
Now i still have problems with my sound, "cant get any sound". i've downloaded alot of drivers, but it seems that non are working... always displays that my sound blaster live isn't plugged in, when i'm trying to install the drivers.

A picture from my (device manager) |Attached it |

Hope somoene can help me solve my problems.
Thanks for all reply's
//Best regards Erik

When you have to install a non win 7 driver you have to install it in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility mode>pick correct OS

Let us know if you neeed help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/79428-sound-blaster-live.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Well my Sound Blaster SB0460 X-FI Music Extreme wont work. Win 7 doesn't even see it. When I try to load the Vista drivers it said its not compatible with this operating system. Had the same STUPID problem with Vista until they released Vista specific drivers.

Rich

A:Creative Sound Blaster

Try running the installer with the compatibility for vista RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/596-creative-sound-blaster.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I can't install my plug and play Sound Blaster 16, I installed the drivers but it's not found. Please Help, I'm on a windows 98!

Relevancy 51.6%

anybody know when this will be in stores?

this was announced aug 20

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/press/pr1846.html

Towards the end it talks about immediate release to retail outlets and so forth.

Check it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-audigy.51474/
Relevancy 51.6%

Upgraded a gateway comp from win98 to winXP and the soundblaster card isn't working. I am getting no sound at all from the speakers. I have already tried downloading the updated drivers from Microsoft and from Creative labs and still no luck
I have uninstalled the card through the device manager and then tried it all again and nothing there either.
What am I missing out on?
are there any other updated drivers out there somewhere?

Ken

A:sound blaster live on Win XP

Are you sure XP supports it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-live-on-win-xp.61243/