Windows Support Forum

Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken

Q: Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken

I have a Logitech MX I downloaded special driver from Logitech - the Logitech Gaming Software This let's me give it a default dpi and I can change the dpi buttons to do something else Problem is that windows Default 10 broken mouse drivers after about a minute the mouse gets stuck for a second and suddenly those settings are forgotten Even though LGS is still running When I open it Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken up Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken it 'remembers' them again LGS settings are always the same ones I put in but only temporarily Even worse after my inputted settings are forgotten the mouse keeps randomly getting stuck and changes the dpi I think there is some sort of a conflict between the default drivers and the LGS One of the problems is also that when I uninstall LGS it goes back to the default drivers And weirdly the default drivers do have the dpi function - the buttons scale it either up or down But I have no idea where I can change what they do it's not in any windows settings I could find This is incredibly annoying Any ideas

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken

What driver version did you install? I used the latest. LGS_8.75.30_x64. I can use the windows drivers w/o issue. Yes, I can change DPI but, cannot set default. You cannot remap the M4 and M5. They are forward and back. However, my games recognize this and I can assign whatever I wish. I really installed the Logitech drivers for my G710+ keyboard.
Link to these drivers is : http://support.logitech.com/en_ch/pr...-optical-mouse

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/30899-default-windows-10-mouse-drivers-broken.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,
I have a windows 7 Home 64 bit dell laptop. I just moved apartments and ever since then I can not connect to the internet because every 5 seconds its stops working and when I use troubleshoot I get the "default gateway was broken." I've done some research and understand that is usually related to antivirus firewall systems, which I do not have other than Windows. Any help would be much appreciated and also I'm not very computer savy at all. Thanks!

A:Default Gateway Broken Windows 7

Hello Molly!,

Sorry you are having issues Could you first upload a screenshot of your network configuration so I can see if I can identify an issue. To do so simply follow this tutorial - Network Posting Tips

Many Thanks,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296676-default-gateway-broken-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all I had a recent round of Windows updates for Vista and one of them apparently killed my mouse I have a generic Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard The keyboard Recent and/or kill mouse update mouse windows drivers operation continued to work just fine but not the mouse Vista recognizes the mouse as a quot HID-compliant mouse quot My guess is that something happens to the drivers after one of the updates Anyway I used System Restore to return my Recent windows update kill mouse drivers and/or mouse operation computer to the period just before installing the updates and the mouse worked again Here is a list of the updates--I presume one of them is the cause Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer in Windows Vista KB Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Vista KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - April KB Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter April KB Security Update for Microsoft Office Visio KB Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Junk Email Filter KB Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Obviously my next step would be to install each update individually and try to identify the potential cause but before doing that I thought I'd come here and see if anyone has heard about this sort of thing happening before and how to work around it Thanks in advance

A:Recent windows update kill mouse drivers and/or mouse operation

Bump to the top.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recent-windows-update-kill-mouse-drivers-and-or-mouse-operation-238281.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was messing around with my mouse settings and want to set it to the default speed that is was when I first installed windows 7.

Is this right?

A:Windows 7 Default Mouse Speed

I believe the default setting is right in the middle. However, if you really want to reset all of the settings, you can just delete the mouse & it's drivers via device manager and then reconnect it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/82151-windows-7-default-mouse-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, when booting in safe mode Windows only boots core "basic" drivers essential for its running. A list appears when booting into safe mode. Recently, I think, my computer contracted a virus and when I boot into safe mode there are a load of "drivers" which never used to load on startup. How do I stop them from loading as essential drivers? ...after that I can remove them myself. I didn't know you could set drivers to be made "default", how do you do such a thing? Thanx.

A:Windows default drivers...

Heres the list for vista. Win7 should be quite similar.

Which drivers get loaded in safe mode?

You can edit startup tab in MSCONFIG (click on Start button, then type "msconfig" without the quotes) to prune the list of items that get loaded when windows boots up. Also in the General tab, you can select the type of startup- Normal to load all drivers and services, Diagnostic to load only basic drivers and services.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/78471-windows-default-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

the windows default drivers that comes when the Windows installed

(mouse, keyboard, ......)

are the updateable ? if yes, how??

i think its with the windows update ??

A:windows xp default drivers

short answer: yes
For more info you will have to supply some useful info of your own. What kind of problem are you having. What kind of computer (brand and model) are you using and what version of xp are you installing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320831/windows-xp-default-drivers/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All After many previous issues were solved by Google hits to this forum I thought I'd come looking here for answers to the latest I'm using a Windows -bit ASUS VivoBook S E as home media centre The pointer by to How Windows default mouse 8 display player is MPC-HC and the Bluetooth remote uses mouse movements and keypresses to browse the playlist and control playback It's working very nicely except for one problem - the mouse pointer is never visible The only way to activate it is by making gestures with the touchpad or with a mouse That means getting up which isn't what remotes are all about The computer has a touch screen but that isn't used and doesn't affect the mouse pointer anyway I've been told that this behaviour is a How to display Windows 8 mouse pointer by default Windows quot feature quot for touch screen devices - the device being in touch mode by default and not displaying the mouse pointer until pointer movement is detected I've tried all settings I could think of but nothing so far has changed this behaviour Just to be clear we're not talking about quot hide mouse while typing quot kind of behaviour In this case when the machine boots up there is no cursor and it remains invisible for ever unless you move a touchpad or mouse Is there some setting or registry value I could modify to change this behaviour Alternatively is there some script I could use to just jiggle the mouse at startup I've used Windows Scripting Host for things like this before but the SendKeys method seems not to support mouse control Any other suggestions for fixing this problem will be appreciated too If it can be avoided I'd prefer not to download and install additional tools I'm holding thumbs Many thanks in advance Francois

A:How to display Windows 8 mouse pointer by default

You mean your system shows no Mouse AT ALL, unless you move the mouse around?

Open your Control Panel Mouse Options, and there should be an option to Locate the Mouse by pressing the CTRL button. Then at least yo can press CTRL on the remote and it should show you where the mouse is.

If you had an iPhone, I would be telling you to install Mobile Mouse, and you install the server into the PC. Using that, you can move the mouse remotely with an iPhone.

There is another, there's a Windows 8 Mouse, it's just called "WiFiSend" by Benzle, and it wakes up better than Mobile Mouse plus it is made for Windows 8.

How if you tried shutting off the Touch Screen totally?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35427-how-display-windows-8-mouse-pointer-default.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Folks I have an All-In-One Brother MFC-J W MFC-J W Multi-Function Centers Colour Inkjet - Brother Canada It is capable of scanning up to DPI I loathe all the crappy software that comes with these things so I only ever use the windows drivers or I'll 300 limited to default DPI drivers with windows Scanner install minimal drivers if I have to I've used Scanner limited to 300 DPI with default windows drivers the windows default drivers with this one - it shows up in the device manager as a quot WSD Scan Device quot I think Scanner limited to 300 DPI with default windows drivers I had to install a brother driver to get the printer working though the scanner worked with the default windows drivers When I use Windows Fax and Scan or VueScan the max resolution I can set the scan to is DPI Am I going to have to install the brother scan driver to scan at full resolution or is there a way to tell the WSD driver that this thing can scan at up to DPI I've tried install just the brother scanner drivers from the CD but I can't find a proper inf file i've tried them all I hope I don't have to install their whole crappy quot suite quot just to get the resolution issue fixed Thanks Win Pro x SP MFC-J W over WiFi

A:Scanner limited to 300 DPI with default windows drivers

Brother has both a full software package and driver-only ones available.

Brother Solutions Center: MFC-J430W: Downloads: United States

I hope that one is what you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/217262-scanner-limited-300-dpi-default-windows-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi folks,
Here's the $0.000064000 question. I have a usb network adapter (RTL SU8192) I want to send to my ex's son the wifi adapter I set his computer up with died. catch is I don't remember the wifi password so I want windows to use the stored one if I download the realtek driver it will install an app and take over the connection. I know windows 7 has a driver on windows update, and I'm hoping that if I could download that to cd he could install the default windows driver and maybe then connect with the stored wifi password.
Any of you know how I could get a manual download of the driver files from windowsupdate for a stand alone machine?
terramir

A:getting windows default drivers to a machine without internet access

You can see if any of these,(towards the middle of the page) are what you are looking for.

Realtek drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/97913-getting-windows-default-drivers-machine-without-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Fired up the rig today only to find that my mouse is completely unresponsive out of the blue.
I havent had any problems until now, and i have switched out the mouse for one that I know works only to get the same result. Both are non-wireless optical mouses, and in fact do power up when plugged in. I have checked the device manager to no avail. usb mouse works fine, so I am wondering if my board is on its way out and should i start socking money away for a new one.. or is this just a simple human error that can be fixed easily.

mouse : optical non-wireless ps2
*no new hardware added as of late.
*thx

A:Broken: Mouse or Mouse Port?

PS/2 ports go bad, not very often, but they do go bad. I've had one, just one, go bad. You could try installing some fairly generic mouse driver like Intellipoint 4.0 or a specific driver associated with a specific mouse (like the Logitech line) and see if that "wakes" it back up again, BUT, I personally wouldn't try too hard or start saving up the milk money as long as you can, and have no qualms about using a USB mouse. If the port has indeed gone dead the good news is that it's very unlikely to propagate any further malady inside the box. You could expect many years of fruitful computing without any other similar problem, provided the computer is not in what might be considered a more "hostile" environment than normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-mouse-or-mouse-port.672318/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all. I recently bought a Surface Pro 2. I later bought a Surface Arc Mouse. Long story short, I had to return my Surface. So, as of now I am on my laptop and I found out that it is not compatible with Windows 7...
I tried googling around and couldn't find anything. Am I stuck?

A:Any Arc Surface Mouse Drivers for Windows 7?

It works with Windows, the issue is the Surface Edition of the mouse doesn't come with the bluetooth dongle. Your computer either need bluetooth builtin or you'll have to get a bluetooth dongle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/314582-any-arc-surface-mouse-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a mouse, the Razer Abyssus, which comes with its own drivers. The default Windows mouse controls seems to be conflicting with the Razer drivers. Both drivers seem to be active, and the settings available in both are similar. For example, I can control the pointer movement speed in my Windows mouse settings and also in my Razer settings. They do not interect in a predictable way, though. Sometimes when I change the pointer speed setting in one driver, the same setting in the other driver will automatically change in a seemingly random way.

Is there a way to disable the Windows 7 drivers, or limit them so that I don't have these duplicate settings?

A:Mouse: How do I disable Windows drivers?

Locate the problematic driver in the device manager, right click and uninstall: What is Device Manager?

Tara
Windows Outreach

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57654-mouse-how-do-i-disable-windows-drivers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone drivers windows installed mouse without and Getting keyboard into This is kind of Getting into windows without keyboard and mouse drivers installed a unique problem in that we are fixing a computer for a client but that client s computer has two users That means that when Getting into windows without keyboard and mouse drivers installed the computer starts up we have to select a user Getting into windows without keyboard and mouse drivers installed However this computer is a Dell and only has usb ports However the keyboard and mouse that we plug into into it are not installed and therefor the computer can t get into windows Because it can t get into Windows it can t install the drivers for the usb mouse or keyboard that we plug into it We could just get the client s keyboard and mouse that are already installed but they are away for a few days So I am wondering if there is a way to get the keyboard and mouse installed without getting into windows Basically I need a way to get our usb keyboard and mouse to work If there isn t a way to do this it doesn t really matter because the clients will be back soon but it would just be nice to be able to fix this without bothering them Thanks nbsp

A:Getting into windows without keyboard and mouse drivers installed

Without any PS2 sockets you will need the original keyboard and mouse. Another Dell keyboard and mouse may work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-into-windows-without-keyboard-and-mouse-drivers-installed.889664/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello guys,

I ran into some trouble with my default program chooser as well. Every time I try to open the context menu that says "open with" my screen goes green (my theme color) en it closes the explorer window containing the file I tried to open. This is not just with one file or one type of file. When I tried to go this "Associate a file type or protocol with a program" window through the control panel the same thing happened to my control panel! Screen goes green and the window just closes.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65269-choose-default-program-option-broken.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hey everyone with windows 8,

i have got a problem in my windows 8,
my problem is that i cant do the open with-choose default program option
similar problem thread
link to this: Choose default program button (in Right-Click) not working!? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

i have the same problem listed there and i used the 2 pictures. (my windows version is dutch)
picture 1 and 2 are showing you the problem i'm having
and picture 3 and 4 are showing regedit and the windows folder.
i dont know the source of this error and i don't have any backups
i whould like to know if this can be fixed as soon as posible!

thank you anyone who views this!

kind regards,

Romeo Schifferling

A:choose default program option is broken

Take a look at these and see if this helps:

Default File Associations - Restore in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28780-choose-default-program-option-broken.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So a while back I changed my default install path in regedit to a different location, but now im trying to install Adobe products and its messing up. Now when I went back into regedit to change the default path back, it shows that it's back to the default path already, but things are still installing in the paths I changed it to a while back. Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401019-changed-my-default-installation-point-once-now-its-broken.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hello
i have recently built my self a new computer but i have one major problem with it.... the mouse cuts out every 2 or 3 mins and has to be moved to another usb port before it works again.. at first i thought it was something to do with the usb ports but the keyboard still works.. and then i updated the mouse drivers and firmware but this has only made the matter worse and every day it keeps getting worse and worse.
please help me to solve this problem. heres my system specs to help.

logitec g5 laser mouse
saitek eclipse keyboard
asus a8n premiun
amd atheron 64 X2 3800+
6800gs
sony and lg dvd drives
seagate and maxtor hdd's
seasonic 600W psu
viewsonic vx724
p180
usb, 2 front 6 mb
operating system windows xp pro and suse 10.0

A:broken mouse??

You need to try another mouse. I would try one in the mouse port and just avoid the USB port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-mouse.448468/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a razer habu, set on 2000dpi with 1000mhz polling rate. I already had the razer master sensitivity on max, but wanted to go higher, so i increased the windows pointer sensitivity. Now i can just make out that my cursur is moving in small increments

It sort of jumps instead of moving in a continous motion, like real jerky, especially when i turn the windows sensitivity up all the way. Is that how the windows sensitivity works?

A:Is my mouse broken?

Originally Posted by fieseler

I have a razer habu, set on 2000dpi with 1000mhz polling rate. I already had the razer master sensitivity on max, but wanted to go higher, so i increased the windows pointer sensitivity. Now i can just make out that my cursur is moving in small increments

It sort of jumps instead of moving in a continous motion, like real jerky, especially when i turn the windows sensitivity up all the way. Is that how the windows sensitivity works?

Hi feiseler, what happens when you set the sensitivity back to it's previous settings.

You can download the 2.03 drivers here. This might help!

Microsoft Habu Driverv2.12/Firmware v2.03

Norm

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/201739-my-mouse-broken.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I recented acquired a toshiba satellite l650-01H which came with an illegal copy of Windows 7
I downgraded to Windows Vista and the network controller driver was not compatible. I downloaded DriverScanner
from Uniblue and updated all my drivers and now my keyboard and mousepad won't work so I can't
even log into my computer now.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this?

A:Solved: Downgraded Windows, downloaded drivers, keyboard mouse now not working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-downgraded-windows-downloaded-drivers-keyboard-mouse-now-not-working.1120926/
Relevancy 49.88%

Its a cicero mini mouse, it works fine on desktop but notthe laptop. Its USB, and I have even tried disabling my touchpad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-is-jerky-with-laptop-no-drivers-avail-for-this-mouse.269939/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, sorry, not very good at this sort of thing, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) Thursday night - mouse was working. Sunday evening, mouse is not working.
2) In the device manager it tells me I have two HID-compliant mouse drivers, location: "On USB Input Device" - I only have one USB input for my mouse. I tried disabling one of the drivers to see if it was a conflict problem. No luck.

Any ideas? The mouse is a "Wireless Optical Mouse M/N:SM-502C"

Thanks for reading

A:Mouse stopped working after weekend away/appear to have two mouse drivers?

If you Goggle / bing / yahoo this info you gave........what........do you get ??

ciderlout said:

The mouse is a "Wireless Optical Mouse M/N:SM-502C"Click to expand...

I got this

The connection has timed out

The server at www.smallworld-us.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-stopped-working-after-weekend-away-appear-to-have-two-mouse-drivers.168280/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys.
I've recently stumbled across a razzer copperhead mouse.
and as you know theyre not cheap and they look ..awesome.
well i came across it broken though. the mouse scroll was broken ( see picture)
the broken part is made out of plastic. so natrully i glued it and that work untill i pressed it in to use the middle mouse button and it snapped of again.
Do you guys have any tips on how to resolve this issue ?

A:Broken mouse scroll

You can buy another one at Ebay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-mouse-scroll.786625/
Relevancy 49.45%

i think my m-rr67a is broken.

despite having replaced its batteries, it doesn't light up when i try to connect it to its rf receiver and it doesn't ever connect. furthermore, i'm getting zero help from logitech's forums. help?

the odd thing is, this whole set is actually brand new and has never been used; i won it many years ago from a logitech online contest. i never used it because i didn't like the notion of having to change its batteries (it has no charger base) and i honestly i didn't need it at the time. i really would like to get this thing working now that i'm building an htpc.

A:I think my cordless mouse is broken...

Leaving a computer component in a box for several years doesn't preserve it. It's brand new in the sense that it hasn't been opened or touched by human hands, but it's definitely old. If it doesn't power on, there's no troubleshooting to do. If you want a wireless mouse, buy a new one, and use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-my-cordless-mouse-is-broken.1064571/
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay Mouse port is broken think) (I PS/2 this only PS/2 Mouse port is broken (I think) happened this morning I ve been taking the mouse in and out a bit over the last few days because I recently bought a wireless mouse and I keep forgetting to keep metal things away from the recievcer and for some reason it will only connect to the mouse when i m actually logged onto my account But I don t think thats important What the big problem is is that whatever mouse I use the cursor is not responding I m guessing it s because I was too rough putting in taking out my mouse and something inside the ps port snapped or something At the moment i m using an extremely hard and uncomfortable to use quot mouse emulator quot that works via the numpad It s really annoying and I can t get anything done so i d really like some help with this as soon as poss Is there any solution Do I need to buy a new port or something You tell me Thanks nbsp

A:PS/2 Mouse port is broken (I think)

There are 108 people viewing this board!? Why is nobody helping me!!!??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ps-2-mouse-port-is-broken-i-think.81027/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi - My Mom just dropped the optical wireless mouse that came with her HP Envy 23" Touchscreen all-in-one.  The mouse no longer works.  Both the keyboard and the mouse are wireless and use a shared USB receiver.  The keyboard still works, but the mouse doesn't work at all.I'm assuming this isn't fixable, so here's my question: When I buy a new mouse, do I need to buy a new USB receiver as well?  Or will the new mouse automatically work with the existing USB receiver?Thanks in advance for any help/insights anyone can provide!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-Wireless-Optical-Mouse/td-p/5806640
Relevancy 49.02%

i installed a new mouse(optical),which came with a floppy disk "brower driver for Win95,98,me". i have 98se.
after installing this mouse and using it for 3 days now,its working fine,.no apparent problem.
my question:i did not have to use the floppy disk at all. am I missing something? i'm thinking maybe there is something on the floppy disk that came with the mouse that i need to use.

again,this optical mouse is working fine.

A:Adding a New Mouse,Fixing Something that's not broken?

Hi sharky,

Obviously the drivers are contained within the Windows driver base.

Neat, huh?!!

Spaceman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-new-mouse-fixing-something-thats-not-broken.93854/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all

I am running a dual boot system - XP 64 and Windows 7 64. The XP boot has no problems, but on restart, my win7 cannot access the internet. I have to uninstall the drivers and restart to allow the drivers to be reinstalled before the network will connect.

I read somewhere that a Windows Update may be the problem. Does anyone know which update it could be so I can delete it or should I just remove everything? Perhaps there is another solution?

Thank you for your help.

Relevancy 48.59%

Intel G45 WDDM drivers are highly unstable and give consistant BSODs in media center. This includes the drivers that ship with Win7 RC (7100). Any ideas where/when we can get some more stable/better drivers?

A:Intel G45 drivers broken

Im having the same problem, but it seems to be random and mainly around the graphics side.

I have RC 7100 build with windows drivers first then tried chipset drivers from Asus, but havent installed AGP from ASUS yet as they seem older then installed..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/8443-intel-g45-drivers-broken.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I bought the Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 and loved it. Until the USB reciever got knocked out of its port and the plastic covering came off. It hasn't worked since and Microsoft was wonderful and sent me a complete replacement, but now I have this extra keyboard and mouse and I was wondering if there is any way to either fix the current reciever or find a replacement reciever and code it to my keyboard/mouse to give to my assistant.

Any help is appreciated
Alyssa

USB is a Microsoft 2.4GHz transceiver v6.0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-fixing-a-broken-usb-reciever-for-keyboard-mouse.989681/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys first post here I was just using my laptop when all of a sudden the left mouse button sinks in I can t click it anymore My next step is to contact Best Buy and HP It would take - weeks for BB to fix it and - days for HP I would much rather use HP but last time when using HP they sent me a charger a week after it was due I am Mouse Broken Button Pad Left Laptop a student and I really need this laptop As of now I just took that left mouse pad off Now I see a black part underneath it I think I can put the mouse pad back on top without a problem I realize now that this black part has sunk all the way to the bottom Any ideas on how to get it back to the top the normal position I mean Can I do this by myself I really don t have the time to wait for HP to fix it so what do you suggest Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Left Laptop Mouse Pad Button Broken

Bump.

Please anyone have any ideas? I guess I might as well send it to HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-laptop-mouse-pad-button-broken.867070/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone My client has installed Security Essentials which is a known fake quot security quot package that aims to scare you into paying bucks to buy a quot removal quot program you don t need and surrender your won't you? let XP to drivers (forcibly) broken uninstall if How credit card details in the process How to (forcibly) uninstall broken drivers if XP won't let you? Google led me to the excellent BleepingComputer removal instructions at http www bleepingcomputer com virus-remo essentials- which I followed to the letter and which led to a successful removal of said scareware Kudos to BleepingComputer for that excellent article Unfortunately there turns out to be a lot of collateral damage Some would have be caused by the Trojan itself blowing away system restore points and thereby preventing a roll-back and disabling the recycle bin which prevents the undeleting of files Other problems seem to be side-effects of the removal of the infection the most important of which is that networking is totally broken All network devices in the Hardware Manager sport the dreaded yellow exclamation mark Uninstalling the hardware device drivers for the wired and wireless networking adaptor followed by subsequent discovery of the NICs as a new device and re-installing the driver solves nothing Extensive Google raids and the reading of many forum posts suggesting that I use Combofix which I did revealed that ndis sys had disappeared Re-installing a fresh ndis sys from the XP install CD followed by a reboot resulted in a BSOD and a cold reboot less than th of a second later so that it s even impossible to read the BSOD text Replacing ndis sys with various other versions that were kicking around in the various install directories in C windows exhibited the same symptom Obviously there s more wrong than just a missing ndis sys The heart of the problem seems to be that either various drivers or other networking subsystem components have been broken or gone MIA as a side effect of the infection removal to the point where it becomes impossible to uninstall them using regular methods The Network Connections window in the control panel is empty too That means that the problem is compounded by the presence of a Novell Netware client that can only be uninstalled from the Network Connections window where it no longer appears yet it is still very much alive and kicking Yes - the client has a Novell Netware server in production This is Africa - deal with it So I need a way to forcibly remove all broken networking components Fire sword bulldozer dynamite - whatever Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated This job has become a major headache and for various reasons a re-install of XP will be an even greater pain in the interface layer between yours truly and his chair Could anyone point me in the right direction Thanks Frank now going to take some more aspirin

A:How to (forcibly) uninstall broken drivers if XP won't let you?

The fact that malware has been removed...may be compounded by the fact that key system files are now damaged.I would attempt a repair install of XP.How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm If you truly believe that drivers are your only problem...you might look at Remove Unused Drivers and Devices - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/Win...andDevices.html. Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316744/how-to-forcibly-uninstall-broken-drivers-if-xp-wont-let-you/
Relevancy 48.16%

Well, first of all, heres my previous post with a lot of information about the beginning of it: Previous Post
That explains like everything, and now i'm getting BSOD's.
I attached the file like in the BSOD explanation threat BUT when i tried to do the 'perfmon /report' it said an error occurred, that it can't find the path and i couldn't reupload it so it's in this thread: BSOD Attached file
If anyone could help me with this serious thread...
Also: I recently had 2 serious viruses, it was like my Windows had found a Trojan and i had to choose between a list of fake antiviruses and suddenly AV Security Suite was 'installed' and i chose to 'install' Peak Protection 2010 without knowing AV Security Suite was already 'Installed'.

A:PC Crashes, Broken Drivers & BSOD's!!!

Hello and Welcome.

For malware removal assistance, we require different information.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-crashes-broken-drivers-and-bsods-511153.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Until recently I had two Gigabyte HD s no CrossFire in one of my machines and an HD in another Well the two mm fans in the 's case both died within a day of each other and of course replacing them AMD Broken Suddenly Upgrade on Drivers would cost as much as a decent new case so the hadn't been used in a while I also realized that perhaps this quot AMD Drivers Suddenly Broken on Upgrade CrossFire-ready quot budget PSU is probably designed for two s and not two s because the machine would not run at all smoothly unless AMD Drivers Suddenly Broken on Upgrade I AMD Drivers Suddenly Broken on Upgrade really downclocked one or both cards It would often just turn off without warning It was obviously the GPUs drawing too much power so I swapped them out for the one I had Catalyst installed if I remember correctly and had never gotten any BSODs or other obvious signs of driver incompatibility or corruption I'd upgrade whenever a driver was released that didn't actually hurt DP performance and never had any issues Until I installed the at least Now the machine won't even get to the login screen unless I am in Safe Mode The screen glitches up as though the card is fried it is not for the record and I get a BSOD specifically naming atikmpag sys as the culprit It does a memory dump and reboots I have yet to analyze the crash dump itself - working on it The most irritating and frustrating thing is that since I assume it's a driver issue I try removing the drivers only to have Windows immediately install them again and not allow me to stop the installation at all I was told to use gpedit msc to prevent this but this particular machine runs Home Premium which does not have Group Policy Editor I tried quot deleting quot the drivers during uninstall which as it turns out doesn't really delete them and immediately rebooting to normal mode only to have Windows immediately install the drivers again So the drivers Windows automatically installs and for some reason thinks are the best for my are dated April so um no Even if I try and install Catalyst over them the system won't boot into anything but Safe Mode successfully Frankly I am at my wit's end here I don't have the patience to manually replace individual INFs or what have you nor can I justify the cost of a better PSU to resume using the two s instead I read a lot of threads out there like this issue mostly from a year ago or more and saw a lot of fixes involving uninstalling SP and putting it back after drivers installed and lots of clean Windows installs Of course I don't know where I wrote down my product key I know I can find it out easily and the best part is I don't have Windows install media at all Of course I can't install Catalyst in Safe Mode but I can somehow uninstall display drivers I'm stuck Am I missing overlooking something or is this really as complicated and frustrating as it seems Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to offer on this I appreciate it

A:AMD Drivers Suddenly Broken on Upgrade

Don't know if the attached info will do what you want, but you could try it: Uninstall Drivers from Vista & Windows 7#

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/300794-amd-drivers-suddenly-broken-upgrade.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well, first of all, heres my previous post with a lot of information about the beginning of it: Previous Post
That explains like everything, and now i'm getting BSOD's.
I attached the file like in the BSOD explanation threat BUT when i tried to do the 'perfmon /report' it said an error occurred, that it can't find the path...
If anyone could help me with this serious thread...
Also: I recently had 2 serious viruses, it was like my Windows had found a Trojan and i had to choose between a list of fake antiviruses and suddenly AV Security Suite was 'installed' and i chose to 'install' Peak Protection 2010 without knowing AV Security Suite was already 'Installed'.

A:PC Crashes, Broken Drivers & BSOD's!!!

Hi for the present you should go to the security section and have them check your system for viruses and malware etc http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-broken-drivers-and-bsods-510921.html
Relevancy 48.16%

=============SOLVED=================
(If anyone could tell me how to delete a thread that would be nice )

Hi,
I recently updated to windows 10 and the other day I bluescreened. My computer restarted and my Ethernet wasn't working. I found the problem was my Realtek PCIe Family controller drivers so I went and reinstalled them with 3DPnet. This worked for me but today as I booted my computer up again I bluescreened once more, the same problem. So I tried what I went through the other day but it did not work. I had uninstalled my drivers and cannot reinstall them. I went digging on the internet for the same drivers (or what I think were) from October 2015 (which is the one I had before) to install them. I tried this twice and still did not work. I am sat here with no Ethernet on my computer and drivers that don't work. Any solutions? Feel free to ask questions. Many thanks.

A:[SOLVED] PCIe Drivers Broken

I advise against using any kind of 3rd party driver-updater software. I've only ever seen them cause issues.

Since you say you solved it...mind sharing what you did?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/solved-pcie-drivers-broken-276942/
Relevancy 47.73%

i know it wasnt the cleverest move now lol.
can i do anything to rectify the problem the laptop in question is a packard bell easynote te69kb series

A:laptop mouse not working after cleaning with wet wipe have i broken it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mouse-not-working-after-cleaning-with-wet-wipe-have-i-broken-it.1144305/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello i m wondering if there s any advice out there which may help me I have installed Broken Sword The Sleeping Dragon and it works ok until i have to start playing the game When i m in-game and trying to use my Dragon Sleeping Sword Mouse trouble Broken mouse it s invisible and un-usable When i move the mouse around the screen pretty fast i am able to see it flash a bit around the edges i dont know what Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon Mouse trouble s causing this problem Any advice for me to try will be appreciated thanx My DXDIAG ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JUNIOR Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Tiny Computers System Model KM - BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Sempron tm MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name VIA S G UniChrome Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon Mouse trouble IGP Manufacturer VIA S Graphics Inc Chip type VIA S G UniChrome IGP DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon Mouse trouble Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vtdisp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vtmini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B FE - - CF-A - B A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG A Deinterlace Caps AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY X R G B Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV X R G B Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description C-Media USB Headphone Set Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID USB Vid d c amp Pid c amp Rev amp MI Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name usbaudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description Modem Line Playback emulated Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type Emulated Driver Name Driver Version Driver Attributes WHQL Logo d Date and Size Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description Vinyl AC Audio WAVE Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name viaudios sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider VIA Technologies Inc HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Cap... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello. Is there any way to replace the rubber on the wheel? I have a Microsoft 5000 mouse and the rubber has stretched and broken off.

~ Russ

A:Microsoft Mouse 5000 Wheel Rubber Has Broken

In the United States and in Canada, you can contact the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team at the following telephone numbers:

United States: (800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific TimeCanada: (800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific TimeTTY customers: (800) 718-1599, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time
Ref:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d345f48f-6777-48bc-9857-24e61547fc48/microsoft-mouse-5000-wheel-rubber-has-broken?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, the left click button on the mouse was sticking, in the process of cleaning this out with air I popped the silver top area off. I can put this back together, but the button seems to be indented more than the right button and does not click properly. I feel that something underneath is worn out, is this a repair that I could possible get parts for and perform myself? Thanks in advance! wings555

A:broken left click button on laptop mouse

Are you talking about the touch pad or a seperate mouse?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-left-click-button-on-laptop-mouse.932277/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys,

The mousepad on my laptop is broken, the cursor on my screen moves on its own without touching it e.g. i will start typing and it would move. I have allready replaced the keyboard thinking it was the tracker ball causing it. What could the problem be? and if i need to replace the mousepad where can i buy one from?

Also my fan gets extremely loud and my laptop gets very hot, how do i access the fan as i assume it is clogged with dust!

Many thanks, Jed.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89172-Toshiba-R850-Satellite-mouse-broken-moves-on-its-own-!
Relevancy 47.73%

HP wireless keyboard/mouse USB receiver broken. need replacement cant find replacement online. model number listed back of the USB receiver : MORFGIUO-D please direct me to place where i can get a replacement ASAP!!!!

A:HP wireless keyboard/mouse USB receiver broken. need replace...

It can't be replaced separately. The wireless dongle for a wireless keyboard/mouse set is paired with a dongle at the factory and if it is broken, the set is no more. It is now defunct, broken, kaput. Replace it with a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo. A Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set will come with its own unifying dongle that actually can be replaced if it is broken.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-wireless-keyboard-mouse-USB-receiver-broken-need/td-p/5830460
Relevancy 47.73%

I've started having various problems cropping up for a couple month now Among them being Periodic random de-selection of the current active window rendering it seemingly unresponsive to input until clicked on again quot The Windows Security Center service can't be started quot quot windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot Upon looking for fixes I noticed that I don't even HAVE the windows update service anymore Every time on start-up an error appears so soon that the desktop hasn't even appeared after logging in claiming that string dll is missing Cannot turn Windows Firewall on as once I attempt to do so I get the message quot Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings Error code x quot Also quot There was an error opening the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in quot quot The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in failed to load Restart the Windows Firewall service on the computer that you are managing Error code x D quot Task manager used to fail to start quot The program can't start because pcwum dll is missing from your computer Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem quot Right before my last system restore various drivers went missing or were broken including from what I remember the one that my adaptor uses to connect to the internet I could not connect either wirelessly or missing problems, possible broken Various drivers/services or via direct connection with the ethernet I'm afraid to restart my computer lest the drivers break again Also I tried running a virus scan with AVG while the internet drivers were broken and apparently it said I'm missing a driver to scan too I have no idea gt lt AVG isn't on my computer atm anyway I also never received the Various problems, possible drivers/services broken or missing disc with the operating system on it when I got the computer so it's Various problems, possible drivers/services broken or missing not like I can do a complete reinstall or get the missing things from there if that even is an option I've tried running the 'sfc scannow' thing and it supposedly fixed everything it could however nothing changed noticeably

A:Various problems, possible drivers/services broken or missing

You are infected with something. Use another computer to download and then burn and run virus and malware scanners.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262253-various-problems-possible-drivers-services-broken-missing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My TSG SysInfo is in my profile More detailed CPU-Z validation can be found at http valid canardpc com s v I also uploaded the CPU-Z info in a text file As you can see in the validation info I have a mini-WiFi card inside my computer system that maxes out at n speeds This is pretty good but I have a NetGear R Router Firmware Version V which maxes out at ac speeds So I also have NetGear A WiFi USB Adapters to let me connect to the router at max speeds I read an article about keeping everything up to date to the latest versions for WiFi Drivers Updating After Broken Solved: not only performance but security purposes So I got Solved: WiFi Broken After Updating Drivers on the Dell website and used their SysInfo utility to determine what my system has and therefore what to update It quot recognized quot several WiFi cards and Solved: WiFi Broken After Updating Drivers downloaded and installed drivers for all of them It also quot recognized quot several other drivers it thought should be downloaded and installed including USB hubs and such So now I have a dozen or so drivers on my system which I can t figure out whether they re supposed to really be there or not Also the Solved: WiFi Broken After Updating Drivers BIOS was updated from version A to its current version A After doing that quot upgrade quot all sorts of screwy things started happening including the computer being unable to connect to my A WiFi USB Adapter After struggling with it for a long time I finally gave up and decided to rely on the internal WiFi card Unfortunately even it is screwy - it will drop its connection to the router or simply reduce its connection strength at various times of the day or night I ve double-checked whether it s the router or some sort of interference but it s not - other devices connect and stay connected just fine like they have all along I ve used the NetGear Genie app the Fing app and others on my Android-based Nexus smartphone to verify that the signal from the router remains strong stable and fast So I d like help please with getting the WiFi on this computer stabilized again - preferably to the point where I can use my A WiFi USB Adapter again but at least to the point where the internal WiFi card doesn t drop the connection Other screwy things have been happening on the computer as well For example I have had XBMC Stable Release Gotham running on this computer for years with no problem Now after the myriad driver quot upgrades quot from Dell it behaves very flakey For example though it s not supposed to now it will completely shut down back to the desktop after playing a video file One other thing - in an attempt to fix things on my own I installed several of e-support com s utilities including Driver Agent and Registry Wizard I ve used them to try to get the drivers fixed to no avail nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone I recently installed the NVidia system tools package on my main machine System Tools unlocks the performance tab in the NVidia control panel - useful for me as I could then manually change graphics card fan speeds to slash C off of my PC s temperature The only setting I changed was the fan speed - but after less than a week my graphics card started having problems Twice the computer screen went totally black - music etc was still running in the background but I couldn t see anything Then today it died The Graphics drivers to due broken, possibly Solved: card computer screen doesn t display anything and with the help of some POST beeps I ve isolated the problem to be definitely with the card However as this happened less than a week after installing new graphics drivers Solved: Graphics card broken, possibly due to drivers with the system tools stuff I reckon the drivers could be the cause of the problem So before splashing out on a new card is there a way that I could remove the graphics drivers to see if that makes the card cooperate The catch is that I may have to do it without the OS as I can t see a thing I ve troubleshooted everything else possible with the GPU and Solved: Graphics card broken, possibly due to drivers haven t found a fix I m experienced with computers and very experienced at fixing this one the processor is now the only component not to have Solved: Graphics card broken, possibly due to drivers broken on the computer in years Yes that does mean that I even had to replace fans I haven t had much luck nor has my wallet The GPU is an NVidia GTS I ve never had any problems with it until now Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

System Specs first -Windows XP Pro Installed First and Windows Vista Ultimate -bit Installed on same HDD separate partitions Each partition has plenty of free space - Intel Core duo E GHZ Overclocked by computer merchant OverdrivePC - P N -SLI-SE-Deluxe custom BIOS by OverdrivePC American Megatrends Inc ver Date - GB DDR memory screen, totally (another black pointer broken? topic) mouse Vista at mhz - GTS MB Vista totally broken? (another black screen, mouse pointer topic) - Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music -bit I think it s Xtreme Music not sure Last night I shut down vista Vista seemed to take a little longer than normal to shut down I had turned the monitor off and the computer had been running for a couple of minutes in the process of shutting down When I turned the monitor back on vista was saying quot Windows is shutting down quot or something like that A few seconds later vista promptly shut down It is my assumption that vista had been configuring updates my computer was on for a few days I think I had downloaded a few automatic updates since then The next afternoon when I get home from college I boot up the computer get a drink of tea and press enter on the keyboard to select the option of booting up vista and then turn my monitor on After the green loading bar thingy scrolled a few times chkdsk comes up and says it s recommended that my disk be checked for errors Next thing I know I see several deletion notices saying stuff about corrupt files and IIRC bad sectors Chkdsk finishes doing whatever scary stuff it did and restarted my computer I chose to boot into vista again or so I thought would happen Vista does its green bar thingy and then goes to a blank screen The windows logo never loads Vista totally broken? (another black screen, mouse pointer topic) but I get a blank screen with a white mouse pointer again The resolution of the screen is what I set it to so apparently the video drivers loaded properly as well My keyboard turned on or lit up and so did my mouse Ctrl Alt Del did nothing All I could do was move my mouse I tried booting into safemode with networking Again the same thing albeit a lower resolution Fearing another HD failure I had previously lost all the data on an external quot backup quot western digital quot my book quot Hard drive after two months of operation I booted up to XP Pro to see if I could recover any data EVERTHING WAS WORKING PERFECTLY All my data was intact I went ahead and backed up some of the important stuff on my HD anyway Then I looked online for solutions I found that many people were having problems similar to mine but I ve not found any sound solutions yet So after typing the abve information I decide to check the partition with windows vista on it gigabytes of HD space were freed up What does this mean Does Vista see HD space differently than XP before I was using vista to look at HD space now I m using XP PRO Is my Hard drive really failing I previously had roughly GB of free space out of the GB total for the partion when I say roughly the free space would fluctuate between GB and GB maybe or The total space of the drive did not fluctuate nor change after chkdsk I suspected it was just the page file because I play some intensive games that use more memory than I have RAM but that may not have been the case I looked in my vista partition Everything under the windows folder Size GB bytes Size on Disk GB bytes Contains Files Folders Is this the normal amount of data one would find on an OS like mine I looked at some of the games I frequently played and their sizes seem intact Maybe it s just the way XP sees free space that showed the drive as having more free space Edit When I was checking the windows folder I heard odd noises Sounded like a plastic wheel that spun too fast and vibrated When checked the program files directory I heard very little of this noise I haven t heard this noise at all while using the XP Pro partition nbsp

A:Vista totally broken? (another black screen, mouse pointer topic)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-totally-broken-another-black-screen-mouse-pointer-topic.625453/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I'm an old-time user of NetMon and a few commercial Wi-Fi network analyzers Because commercial analyzers are expensive and because NetMon comes with far better parsers than any of them my colleagues and I would really love to use NetMon but there is a huge heap of technical problems with Wi-Fi mode implementations monitor NetMon: Dealing in in broken Wi-Fi with the drivers network monitoring using NetMon I hope someone from Microsoft could shed some light on this situation Problem nbsp MSDN describes monitor mode DOT OPERATION MODE NETWORK MONITOR in great detail but there are simply Wi-Fi in NetMon: Dealing with broken monitor mode implementations in the drivers no correct implementations of it in Windows drivers About of all modern Wi-Fi adapters are based on the chipsets by four vendors Intel Broadcom Atheros and Ralink Wi-Fi adapters come with drivers supplied by these chipset vendors or sometimes with rebranded Wi-Fi in NetMon: Dealing with broken monitor mode implementations in the drivers drivers Wi-Fi in NetMon: Dealing with broken monitor mode implementations in the drivers by adapter vendors e g D-Link drivers fully based on Ralink ones Despite the fact that they are almost always WHQL-certified monitor mode is broken to some extent in all of them For example Ralink drivers always report the same signal level - dBm and don't report correct CRC values Broadcom drivers don't work with GHz channels in monitor mode In Intel drivers monitor mode is completely broken since version of their drivers If you need a proof of that just look at some technical notes on Wi-Fi monitoring by commercial Wi-Fi sniffer vendors for example this one http www tamos com products commwifi technotes php And these are just a few problems there are many more e g no driver reports HT rates correctly Problem Even if all of the bugs in the DOT OPERATION MODE NETWORK MONITOR implementations are fixed the current Microsoft specifications for this mode are way behind the current state of technologies Native Wi-Fi API does not allow monitoring MHz channels which renders NetMon totally useless in case of n network monitoring Native Wi-Fi API doesn't provide a way of specifying the secondary channel in case of MHz channels i e whether the user wants to monitor channel and or channel and Native Wi-Fi API doesn't provide a way of getting noise floor level Hey ac is coming soon but the API can't even handle n correctly and n was ratified years ago All of the above brings me to a question What's the point of spending time and money on developing NetMon at least the Wi-Fi part of it if it doesn't work It looks like the NetMon development team turns a blind eye to the fact that the chipset vendors blatantly ignore the NDIS specs sometimes on purpose while we are at it here a good post by Aerohive chief architect about why Intel broke monitor mode in the their latest drivers http devinator tumblr com post intel-really-really Is there any communication between the Microsoft department that certifies drivers and the department that develops NetMon Can't you guys enforce strict compliance with your own specs and refuse to WHQL-certify the drivers that don't pass comprehensive monitor mode testing Can't you simply ask chipset vendors to correct the errors I would think that with the level of influence on the industry that Microsoft possesses it would be a piece of cake to convince those chipset vendors to comply And finally is Microsoft going to do something about the limitations of the Native WiFi API Nobody uses MHz channels these days you know DOT OPERATION MODE NETWORK MONITOR was a great idea really When Microsoft came up with it Wi-Fi professionals rejoiced because that was a path to low-cost or free WLAN analysis But the reality is gloomy Microsoft's good intentions have been derailed nbsp by Intel amp Co I'd like to hear comments from Microsoft Thank you Regards Andy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/624a6148-f8ed-4be0-819e-924ae3cd3dda/wifi-in-netmon-dealing-with-broken-monitor-mode-implementations-in-the-drivers?forum=netmon
Relevancy 46.44%

Running Windows 7 Pro. In Control Panel/Mouse Pointer Options, the "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is checked. At one time this worked, but now it has ceased altogether. Primarily used in Firefox 16 (and due to plug-in issues, I'm unwilling to upgrade). The registry setting is correct. I have tried turning it off, then back on again. No bueno. 

It's frustrating that the simplest of tasks worked just peachy in XP, but Windows 7 has a mind of it's own.

I've Googled this and done everything that has been posted. Everything but a solution. Drivers up to date.

I'd appreciate a solution. Please, please, please do not tell me to go to Ease Of Access Center. There is nothing in that module that has anything to do with this issue.

The Snap To Default works great on my laptop which is running Windows 7 Pro also.

A:Mouse snap to default

I apologize. I've fixed it. I'm not going to be like a lot of other people who say they fixed it, but don't tell you why. I'm going to tell you why.

Turned out to be driver related. The driver that was installed was an HID compliant mouse. My mouse that I love so much is a Logitech M-BZ105A (now it's an M-400). I downloaded the Set-Point driver and now everything works just great!

So my advice is to get the drivers from the manufacturer for your mouse, not rely on Windows to do everything for you.

Why it worked before and quit, I have no idea. All I know is that it is working now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536348/mouse-snap-to-default/
Relevancy 46.01%

Win7 is phenomenal in its driver database, it recognised every piece of hardware I and my friends had ..... BUT, there seems to be a problem. My newtwork card [D-Link DFE-520TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter] was behaving really erratically and causing abnormal ping spikes, once I installed the driver that came with the nic it became alright again! Similarly, audio driver installation from motherboard's site really boosted my pc's audio performance.

In xp my not installing AMD processor driver was creating lockups, here also i experienced the same, so I installed AMD processor driver from AMD's site (I expected problems using compatibility mode, but it was surprisingly hassle free). So far its working just fine.

A:Default drivers

Allright, thanks for letting us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34327-default-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was infected with OPH.exe, which I removed but clearly something was left behind. I now have a slow computer, links connecting programs do not work or are very slow, Copy/ paste, outlook to word, Firefox window opening and mouse operations take ages.My virus detector throws up Trojan downloader.JJ.Agent.PP every few hours. You solved a similar problem very professionally a couple of years ago and I am a donator.See 2 attachments, I look forward to your help. Thank you, jj

A:OPH.Exe, ,removed then jerky mouse, broken links, slow processing and trojan JJ.agent.pp daily

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300693/ophexe-removed-then-jerky-mouse-broken-links-slow-processing-and-trojan-jjagentpp-daily/
Relevancy 46.01%

Every time i restart my computer it resets the pointers to default. This is very frustrating cause i really want to use the icons i set them to. Any ideas on how to make vista remember what i set them to.

I have the scheme saved.

Each time i start the computer i have to go into properties and select OK and the pointers come back. They are even the active pointers when i open properties!

i have vista premium 64bit

A:Mouse Pointer keeps going back to default

To avoid the resetting problem, you need to uninstall Setpoint and go to the
Startup memu typing "msconfig" after hitting run on the start memu. Even
after uninstalling Setpoint, it still remains in the startup menu. You need
to uncheck them so they don't automatically load on reboot. Once you do
this, your problem should be resolved.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/203353-mouse-pointer-keeps-going-back-default.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all & Thx in advance for your help

My mouse has recently had its settings changed and i don't like it one bit. I recently downloaded a load of windows updates for XP and since then my mouse always snaps to a default button in almost every new window i open. I have checked the settings of my mouse which are fine(snap to icon unchecked/this device is workings properly etc...) i have removed the mouse(USB) from its socket that does nothing the driver date is 23/07/2001 (does that mean its not been updated recently or is that the release date of the driver?)
I cannot understand what it is, but i know it can be stopped, i just don't know how, please help anyone.

A:mouse snapping to default button

Open regedit
go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\mouse

Edit the SnapToDefaultButton key value to 0

If this key does not exit create it as a String value and enter 0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-snapping-to-default-button.157238/
Relevancy 45.58%

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/mirror/1443

That's what they have here at techspot for downloading the 1.89 version of the drivers for the acoustic edge soundcard, but obviously the link is broken. The main philips site seems to have been changed greatly so that they don't have support drivers for this sound card any longer.

Does anyone know where I can get the latest drivers for my aging soundcard? I had to format and no longer have the drivers or access to the drivers that I need for my soundcard.

Thanks for any help.

A:Broken Driver Link At Techspot, Can't Find Philips Acoustic Edge Drivers Anywhere...

Yeah the Philips website is pretty frustrating alright. These links should work though;

Windows 2000;
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/psc70617/psc70617_d2k_eng.exe

Windows 95;
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/psc70617/psc70617_d95_eng.exe

Windows 98
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/psc70617/psc70617_d98_eng.exe

Windows ME
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/psc70617/psc70617_dme_eng.exe

Windows XP
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/p/psc70617/psc70617_dxp_eng.exe

It probably just happened you were directed to a localized site automatically, least that's what happened when I was doing the Aurilium/Ultimate Edge reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-driver-link-at-techspot-cant-find-philips-acoustic-edge-drivers-anywhere.16887/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, how do I restore all of windows xp default drivers.

Thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

hey this is really something stupid i did and i cant remember how to turn on my vga drivers.without those i cant get back on to desk top please help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Every time I start up my computer my mouse pointer will reset to the default option. When I go in the pointer options to correct this my preferred pointer is selected and it doesn't change to my preferences until I click ok. It will continue to use my preferred pointer until the next time I restart. It did this with Vista as well and I just upgraded to Windows 7. Same problem.

I am using a microsoft optical corded mouse.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-pointer-resets-to-default-on-restart-430136.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I've been having a problem recently on my Windows Toshiba laptop with a frozen mouse on my user account As soon as I log Deleted? Default Mouse and Libraries Frozen in the mouse will freeze and load endlessly However logging into a different user account rectifies the problem right away Mouse Frozen and Default Libraries Deleted? I thought this might be malware-related so I posted for help here but after I ran a few tests my helper deemed it to be a problem that should be asked about in the Windows forum Another thing of note as I was running the tests on my laptop I noticed that the default libraries for Documents Pictures Videos and Music are no longer working Their regular images in Windows Explorer have been replaced with a plain photo and a document When I click on them I get this error message It's no Mouse Frozen and Default Libraries Deleted? big deal to delete them but I was just wondering what caused this to happen in the first place Any guidance would be extremely appreciated Here's my MiniToolbox log my previous helper suggested that I post MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Jeana administrator on - - at Running from C Users Jeana Desktop Microsoft Windows X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Wi-Fi Connected Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Ethernet Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Wi-Fi forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name JeanaPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List PK Z Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C-D - A- A- B-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix PK Z Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address C-D - A- A- B-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d cd a ee d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Saturday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CE-AC-C - - C-FA- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - C-FA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd b f f ff f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b f f ff f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter i... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523675/mouse-frozen-and-default-libraries-deleted/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I changed my mouse pointers but when I reboot they switch back to the default ones. In the mouse property, they still appear as the custom ones. I have to change at least one again and hit apply to get again all the custom pointers.

What's wrong ?

Thanks,
Tex

A:mouse pointer switch to default after reboot

Did you put the custom cursors in the C:\Windows\Cursors folder? How are you applying them, through windows?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/89394-mouse-pointer-switch-default-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello new to the forums here You all seem very nice lt So I've set html files to open with a text editor called Geany Recently I've moved the installation program know how With" I it? default change don't "Open is broken,& to directory for Geany from C Program Files to E Stuff Programs because my disc space on C was filling up "Open With" default program is broken,& I don't know how to change it? Now the right click menu for everything that used to open "Open With" default program is broken,& I don't know how to change it? in Geany is broken See the screenshot quot issue png quot When I click on it it opens the same quot choose program to open with quot dialog that you get when you right click gt Open "Open With" default program is broken,& I don't know how to change it? with gt Choose default program see issue png Now the problem is that even if I pick quot Always use this program to open the selected type of file quot the right-click menu is NOT updated So I can't use right click - Open with geany I have to go through the submenus first And I can't find a way to update the path to the executable All Google's telling me is how to change it to a different program or change the file types the program opens But I need to change the path to the program itself and have it update on the right-click menu Oh and I don't think Geany itself is at fault but the problem is me moving it and Windows can't figure out where it went So if anyone knows how to update this through the registry or whatnot I'd be so happy if you would let me know Edit - Where did my attachments go issue png - gt puu dot sh iYoHB png issue png - gt puu dot sh iYoIG png

A:"Open With" default program is broken,& I don't know how to change it?

Welcome to Seven forums quat........
Just an FYI, you can't just move the program. You have to uninstall it and then re install it changing the path in the install to E:Program Files\whatever the name of the program is Just moving it has screwed it up for you. So move it back, uninstall and reinstall it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375517-open-default-program-broken-i-dont-know-how-change.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Going to Settings - gt System - gt Default Apps and trying to change some default app Firstly none of the entries immediately reflect the change of the app For example if one changes the default Web Browser from Google Chrome to Edge visually nothing will change - the corresponding entry on the Default Apps screen will still show Google Chrome One will have to leave the Default Apps screen and re-enter it again to see the change Apparently the change sticks but the GUI for some reason does not update itself right away Secondly trying to change the default Photo Viewer from Photos to Paint also works as above - the GUI does not reflect the change However after leaving and re-entering the Default Apps broken settings update after Apps" "Default screen it shows an empty ' ' entry for Photo Viewer The machine continues to use Photos for photos i e the change does not stick I don't remember having this problem before the Anniversary Update

A:"Default Apps" settings broken after update

I've found it best to set default programs using Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs which gives more control. Once a program has the majority of its defaults allocated, I then find Settings -> System -> Default Apps reflects the correct default program. However, I noted someone recently posted MS eventually plans to remove Control Panel so this approach may not be possible.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/58783-default-apps-settings-broken-after-update.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Aspire One 722 laptop is model number P1VE6. The Acer Recovery Tool allows two options; "Create Factory Default Backup" and "Create Drivers and Applications Backup".  I would like to know if I can create both of these backups on the same USB drive?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Can-Aspire-One-722-quot-Factory-Default-quot-and-quot-Drivers/td-p/433307/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey there I'm amp new to the Seven Forums I live in Australia I have been taking apart computers for parts and am learning some things about computers I understand a fair bit about computers I was just wondering Card / Default Drivers Graphics how I can identify my graphics card as in Device Manager it displays quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I am sure it displayed something different before I upgraded to Windows I think I may be missing a driver Either way I used to have Windows XP and the game I wish to play worked then now I have upgraded it no longer works This could be because the driver for the graphics card was erased I am using whatever card comes with this computer as I have left it unaffected since the Default Graphics Card / Drivers purchase of the computer and all I have altered is the disc drive and hard drive Ever since I upgraded to Windows the game won't start and it gives me a graphics error quot We are sorry but the operating system failed to provide the window to render the game graphics Default Graphics Card / Drivers in Please consult Default Graphics Card / Drivers the game manual for known workarounds that might improve the game's compatibility with your hardware quot This is for the game quot Wheels of Steel American Long Haul quot I have checked and this game is compatible with Windows My specs are below if you need to know anything else or know how to help then please comment Thanks

A:Default Graphics Card / Drivers

Go to control panel/system and security/system/check windows experience/view and print detailed performance and system information.

You may have to run it if you never have.....just a heads up don't start obsessing about the score....to get a 7.9 will take LOTS of money, and great overclocking skills....

I've never knew Dell made CPU's....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/171687-default-graphics-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a PC with an asus P X D-E motherboard and an i processor It had not booted for a long time and I put it in storage Yesterday I decided I was going to get it going again I bought a new w psu because I suspected that that was what was wrong with it I replaced that and it still didn t work I replaced the cr bios battery and still no boot I hit issues again... broken, fixed it, broken Boot Broken, the clr cmos button and and booted and I got some life After setting some of the settings in the bios correctly and booting a few more times Broken, broken, fixed it, broken again... Boot issues it was working fine I upgraded to Windows Broken, broken, fixed it, broken again... Boot issues over night shut it down in the morning and went to work Upon returning from work it won t boot it has been off the whole day I have replaced the bios battery again and gone through yesterday s fixes with no luck What am I missing nbsp

A:Broken, broken, fixed it, broken again... Boot issues

if u look thru the reviews u will see that motherboard is plagued with issues http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131641
i myself have had the misfortune of "trying" to work with x58 boards and have given up on a few!!!! not sure if x58 chipset was a problem but whenever i see a computer with it.... i run the other way!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-broken-fixed-it-broken-again-boot-issues.1171442/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

Just bought a new samsung 550P7C-S02 computer running windows 7 home premium 64 bit service pack 1 and I changed the settings of the mouse so I can scroll up or down left or right, however every time I reboot or turn the computer off the settings return to default.
I've searched for and answer but to no avail yet.
It's a Synaptics touchpad V7.5
Synaptics Pointing Device v15.3.40 05Jan12

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

I want to prevent programs from automatically moving the cursor over the default option when they open. I remember disabling this ages ago, but have reinstalled since then, and lately, it's been really annoying.

Thanks! Exactly what I wanted, both answers were correct!

A:Prevent Programs from moving mouse to default option

You'll have to disable Snap To.Start / Control Panel / Printers and Other Hardware / Mouse / Pointer Options tabUnder Snap To, remove the check from Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialg box.Click Apply / OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173922/prevent-programs-from-moving-mouse-to-default-option/
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently I made my first custom mouse cursor Custom cursors mouse restart? reset upon to default scheme using the Microangelo Toolset I saved the scheme and applied it I also re-saved the theme as well i e background colors icons etc Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? so that the mouse scheme would be associated with my current desktop theme Everything works fine until I restart my computer When I restart my desktop theme loads but not the mouse scheme If I right-click on the desktop and select personalize and then select a different theme and then switch back the cursor scheme loads But having to do this every time my computer Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? starts up is annoying So I want to know what I need to do to get these custom cursors to load on start-up thanks in advance Edit Okay I just realized I was wrong about something When I restart and switch themes Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? and then switch back only some of my custom cursors load Specifically my custom re-size i e horizontal vertical re-size etc cursors do not load instead the re-size cursors from one of the default schemes loads I think there might be some other one's that don't load also Edit Alright nevermind I got it working I had my custom cursors saved in my microangelo folder so I copied and pasted them into the windows default cursor folder C Computer Local Disk C Windows Cursors Then I went back to the pointers tab in the mouse properties window i e right-click desktop gt personalize gt Change mouse pointers I selected my scheme and then manually browsed to the new location for each cursor Then saved my scheme Then I went back to the personalization window and it said I had an unsaved theme so I saved my theme That's it works now

A:Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart?

ech..... that's good for you.. i have same problem. You just copied all your custom cursor folder to Windows/Cursors folder? i've tried to do this but it didn't helped me... Maybe it's becuz i have another custom cursor installed on my PC? O__o

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/175699-custom-mouse-cursors-reset-default-upon-restart.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Please help me!
I have IntelliMouse 1.1A, OS: XP Professional, driver installed: IP4_12EngALLMsi.exe. Sometimes the mouse pointer does not respond when I move the mouse, but still moves to the default button in a dialog box.
I have tried to fix this problem (Microsoft Knowledge Base Article – 321122), but I still have the same problem.
Thank you in advance!

A:mouse does not respond, but still moves to the default button in a dialog box

Is this a Cordless mouse? If so try new batteries. The cursor moving to the dialog mouse has nothing to do with the physical mouse.

Make sure that the mouse is securely plugged in. If it is I would try to borrow a different mouse and test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-does-not-respond-but-still-moves-to-the-default-button-in-a-dialog-box.146646/
Relevancy 44.72%

So when using my laptop in my house, I continually drop off the network for about five minutes at a time.

I figured i was just ins one kind of dead zone, and decided to use it in the room with the router. Sitting no more than 10 feet from it, I still continually disconnect. The router and the modem connected to my PC are both relatively new. I'd appreciate any help

Relevancy 44.72%

Could use some help on how to allow a user to our default own default as still user browser in Explorer the allowing and to their set Internet Windows 10 Keeping set their default browser permanently even with IE being set via Group Policy as the usual default For logistical reasons we are still on IE instead of using Edge for our default browser Keeping Internet Explorer as our default browser in Windows 10 and still allowing the user to set their own default - mostly because our software hasn't been tested with Edge and to avoid overall confusion in having made the jump as a company to Windows recently I successfully created a default configuration associations xml file and it is pushing IE as the default However knowing we have some users who would like to use a browser other than IE and let it be their default we're trying to accommodate them while still enforcing the policy in place Additionally we don't want to dissuade users from utilizing Edge so we Keeping Internet Explorer as our default browser in Windows 10 and still allowing the user to set their own default haven't tried removing it from public visibility within the OS nbsp The users in question are local admins on Keeping Internet Explorer as our default browser in Windows 10 and still allowing the user to set their own default their machines and should in theory be allowed that capability Any suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a133071d-3c6b-4777-a6b3-2214fc828252/keeping-internet-explorer-as-our-default-browser-in-windows-10-and-still-allowing-the-user-to-set?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been using Picasa to automatically import photos from my digital camera. I would prefer that not to happen anymore. I have stopped Picasa Media Detector from starting on startup but Picasa still opens automatically when I insert my cable from my camera to the my desktop (xp home).
What can I do to stop Picasa from behaving this way and having the default Windows program to import my photos?
Thank you for looking.

A:Changing the default photo program from Picasa to Windows default

If you get a mass storage drive letter when you connect your camera you can try connecting the camera so the drive letter is present, then right click on the drive and choose properties and in properties select the autoplay tab and specifically select an action for the type of files present such as open folder for viewing in windows explorer or whatever else is available.

If that doesn't work let us know, maybe media detector is running as a service and that needs to be shut down or something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-photo-program-from-picasa-to-windows-default.730424/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have printers on my PC is a receipt printer with mm wide paper The other is an HP with letter size paper The receipt printer is set as the default printer since it is used most But sometimes I need to do a print of the web page used for the Point Of Sale When I select the HP printer for the output the page is printed but only mm wide instead of letter size Likewise if I set the HP as the default printer then when I select the receipt printer IE11 To Other Size Than Default Printing When Default. Windows Paper as the output it tries to print letter size IE does not appear to change the paper size when a printer other than the default is selected It ALWAYS uses the paper size of the IE11 Default Paper Size When Printing To Other Than Windows Default. default printer irregardless of the printer selected for output Note that Chrome works correctly and will adjust the page size to the default for whichever printer is selected but IE will not Also note that NotePad has IE11 Default Paper Size When Printing To Other Than Windows Default. the same issue I haven't tested with edge but then it won't support Activex either I am limited to using IE because the credit card scanner used IE11 Default Paper Size When Printing To Other Than Windows Default. with the receipt printer requires Activex support My only workaround now is to switch to using Chrome whenever I need to print to any printer other than the Windows default printer There was a similar old issue quot IE Default Paper Size quot that never really had a resolution It reported a similar issue between printers with Letter and A paper sizes Any help would be appreciated quot There is always a way to do it better find it quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d21654d1-e092-427c-a300-d0448204cd83/ie11-default-paper-size-when-printing-to-other-than-windows-default?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 44.72%

For quite a while I have just been using an i integrated graphics and after from only 7770 new No drivers with MB reboot, default post HD WMC and Total Media Theater with pretty decent results No post with new HD 7770 after reboot, default drivers only from MB Very stable very basic I wanted to up the picture quality and try some advanced filters giving MPC-HC MadVr LAV a try I replaced the i with an i and installed an HD last week Cat installed with no problem Immediate improvement Inside the Catalyst control panel I added display modes p p p p and rebooted when promted This is where the problem began I am not sure what s relevant so I ll include all events and everything I have noticed since Upon restart nothing Monitor doesn t recognize a signal at all The HD and cpu fans spin but just a blank screen no post no windows I connect the HDMI to the motherboard and I get into windows but the intel drivers are now crippled No HD graphics control center actually don t even think it s running the intel drivers but just the default windows driver Uninstalled all Cat and intel drivers used a driver cleaner etc Nothing Windows wanted to update WEI went from to no aero effects no control center in system tray I have an older HD I placed in the x slot same results Placed it in the x slot same results System restore did nothing Went back to motherboard HDMI to get into windows but no graphics driver will run It will install but will not run I do not think the HD is bad as my old card produced the same results Any ideas Thanks for any assistance

A:No post with new HD 7770 after reboot, default drivers only from MB

Try resetting the BIOS. See if that helps.

When you first boot, and before Windows loads, the video card is running in its basic VGA 640X480 mode. Only when Windows loads and loads the AMD driver does it change to whatever preset mode. This why I recommended resetting the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/282940-no-post-new-hd-7770-after-reboot-default-drivers-only-mb.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Just got a new laptop - the Dell Inspiron series with an i u gb ram and the radeon r m Trying to compile all the drivers for it so that I can remove the factory OS and install a clean Pro and do all my system imaging and stuff for it But I just cannot find the touchpad driver It does not exist on Dell's driver page for drivers apparently default touchpad Laptop ? uses this laptop tried both the normal site and Laptop apparently uses default touchpad drivers ? the FTP link given by someone on here in the OEM drivers thread So the next logical step I thought still having the factory OS installed just check device manager And under quot human interface devices quot I see quot HID compliant touch pad quot and under the properties I see that its using the Microsoft default driver dated sometime in Is it using the default driver because this touchpad is one of those ones engineered with the help of MS Their quot precision quot touchpads I believe they are called Either way it works brilliantly really good sensitivity muiltitouch etc I just want to make sure when I wipe out the factory install it will work likewise I of course have taken an image of the factory drive before even booting the machine up for the first time so I can restore Screenshot of device manager attached Cheers

A:Laptop apparently uses default touchpad drivers ?

Since it is using a Microsoft driver now it should re-install just fine on its own.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64218-laptop-apparently-uses-default-touchpad-drivers.html
Relevancy 44.72%

HP Pavilion dv to Factory drivers Default after updating restoring - ea laptop I had been trying to sort my laptop out having had problems since before Christmas - running slow hanging freezing poor mouse response etc Was getting not responding message in windows explorer as well as in firefox have had it for years and until the week before Christmas it had behaved perfectly and played all of my games Big Fish Games - updating drivers after restoring to Factory Default Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure etc I checked updating drivers after restoring to Factory Default for viruses malware etc Uninstalled and reinstalled the Games Manager No difference at all and computer got slower updating drivers after restoring to Factory Default and slower It has a switchable graphics system which kept freezing or disappearing so I had to keep on going back to restore points So this week I decided to do a factory reset Have started to reinstall programs MSE first and Revo uninstaller Laptop has spent last hours installing windows updates and finds more each time I boot up BUT it is still running slow and keeps hanging for upto sec at a time I went to the HP page for my laptop But the bit that is supposed to say which drivers need updating is not working and I am not sure what to do The graphics drivers that are in use now are not mentioned and the ones there to not show previous versions Is there a way of keeping these safe somewhere in case I need to roll back I do not want the ones that were in place before I did the reset It was after the installation of those that the trouble started That was after I let the computer update AMD's Catalyst Control Centre to Radeon Crimson Edition This removed the switchable graphics option and there were no drivers on my computer to do a rollback Drivers in place now are Thanks Previous ones were

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389966-updating-drivers-after-restoring-factory-default.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a desktop with windows 2k. Posted on another thread about inability to connect to internet using wirless router. Won't get into that here but appears to be a NIC or driver problem. Since device manager shows my NIC is working properly I suspect the latter, but I may end up just installing a new NIC because I'm fed up.

I tried to download the latest drivers for the NIC (3com 3C905B-TX) but windows keeps installing the default drivers. How can I get around this? The 3com website specifically says use v. 4.01b but the default drivers are not that. I've tried installing from a CD rom but that doesn't seem to work either. If I use Safe Mode and go into device manager to uninstall the NIC drivers and then reboot will that help?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a registry problem that will not let my computer boot up. I am running Windows XP. So i followed these (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545) steps. In recovery console, I copied all files except when I try the last one (copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak) it says " the file could not be copied"...can anyone help me? I really need the files on my p.c.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-c-windows-system32-config-default-c-windows-tmp-default-bak-393123.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have applied settings in control panel to make my mouse snap to default in dialogue box. I have done this a number of times. It still doesn't work, except for usually in print routines where it snaps to the Print button.

A:Mouse snap to default - applied settings but still doesn't work

Hello Nick,

I have noticed that it can be pretty sensitive. The slightest movement of the mouse or touchpad when it's suppose to "Snap to" the default button will cause it to not snap.

As a test do a action, say click on the "System Protection" link from within the "System" (Control Panel) window, that will trigger a dialog box, but do not move the mouse/touchpad afterwards to see if may "Snap to" for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190162-mouse-snap-default-applied-settings-but-still-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

The subject says it all... My mouse randomly (as in at an arbitrary moment in time when nothing involving the mouse or, as far as I know, the OS had changed) set itself to jump to the default button in a dialogue box... an option that I am really not a fan of.

This preference is not selected in the Mouse/pointer options menu, and I've done any number of combinations of selecting it, exiting, then unselecting / restarts / etc.

Any insight would be very very very much appreciated. I am running Vista Ultimate. Not sure if any other information is relevant...

Thanks, all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-automatically-moves-to-default-button-in-dialogue-box-stuck.819651/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear Forum Members,
I am using windows xp professional, SP3.
I want to launch my application as default after the BIOS screen.
I don't want the usual default windows screen, from which, we generally select our application as Windows > Start > All Programs > Application

I need the application screen as default screen on the monitor.

Thanks for the help
Yakshya

A:How to Launch an application as default without default windows screen

Put a copy of the application's executable file into your Windows startup folder at:
Start >> All Programs >> Startup

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-launch-an-application-as-default-without-default-windows-screen-600824.html
Relevancy 43.86%

The default Chipset drivers (version 8.1.10600.150) shipped with the Inspiron 7353 and 7359 seem to cap the Skylake i7-6500U processor at 2.5GHz (instead of the 3.1GHz turbo frequency).  Looking at the Passmark benchmark database it seems these 2 models consistently have 20% less CPU performance than other Dells with the same processor.  (I can't tell if this affects the i5 version)
This is similar to the drop in GPU performance described in this post: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19658296/20858259#20858259
Using Device Manager to update the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework drivers to version 8.1.10603.192 seems to fix both the CPU and GPU performance problems, but I'm not sure if using non-Dell drivers would create more problems.

A:Inspiron 13 7000 underclocked by default Chipset drivers

I have a similar issue with the Inspiron 7359. Did a clean install and upgraded with a 256gb SSD. I noticed from benchmarks and games that while the turbo boost would push the CPU up to 3.1Ghz, there were random moments when CPU utilization decreased to 30% from around 100% despite the frequency remaining around 3 GHz, causing the entire computer to freeze for a while before continuing.
Updated to the latest DPTF drivers version 8.1.10605.221 and bios 1.06, so I'm not exactly sure what is causing the random decrease in CPU utilization. Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666432
Relevancy 43.86%

hello I have acer aspire computer I restored it to factory default and lost the crystal eye m webcam driver it work before I restored it to factory default I went to the E recovery system and download the webcam application but it did not work cause it said camera not found I went to the webcam restored missing default drivers after to factory i device manger and its not in the device manager the driver is a version Microsoft webcam driver and C windows system drivers kst hunk sys and C windowssystem drivers usbvideo sys and how do I know the name of the driver cause I have a another computer that s acer aspire m crystal eye webcam I even took the driver and application from the second computer and tried to put it in the missing webcam driver computer and it did not work I went to all the websites and cant find the webcam driver I went to the acer support none there either I need help thank you nbsp

A:missing webcam drivers after i restored to factory default

http://www.driverscape.com/download/acer-crystal-eye-webcam

try to download the driver in the given link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-webcam-drivers-after-i-restored-to-factory-default.1131346/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am visually impaired and am looking for a way to change or override the default 32x32 mouse pointer size limit either through Registry settings, Group Policy or through a setting in God Mode. Is there anyone who can help? I know there is some way to create pointer/cursor size schemes that show larger even in Windows 10 as I have some VERY large installable cursor schemes they are called Phillip's Large Colored Cursors. I have tried editing & increasing the size of the .cur & .ani files themselves but they will still not DISPLAY at the actual size because of the 32x32 default size limit in 10. I will be very greatful to anyone who can help.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/63351-change-override-default-32x32-mouse-pointer-size-limit.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I had put my laptop into hibernation with my basic optical mouse plugged in. When I took the computer out of hibernation, the mouse lit up but did not work. The add new hardware wizard also popped up. Now windows doesn't recognize the mouse anymore, and it doesn't show up in the control pannel or the device mamager. It did not come with a driver CD and I cannot find drivers. Any suggestions?

A:PnP Mouse drivers gone

Try Windows Update...may have the driver you need there :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pnp-mouse-drivers-gone-101475.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I purchased a new Toshiba laptop that has an touch pad mouse I want to be able to change settings on it but driver is just standard windows no ability to stop tap of pad or scroll on pad

dave

A:mouse pad drivers

Try looking on their website to see if they have an update for the Mouse only...

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/243636-mouse-pad-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've had a strange issue recently, where my mouse drivers (Logitech Setpoint and Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements) suddently started using up one entire CPU core, which of course slowed my whole system down immensely. After killing the processes in Task Manager everything went back to normal.

Is there any known problem with these drivers? I'm on Windows 7 Pro x64.

Relevancy 43.43%

I have an optical mouse I want to use with my Dell laptop. Unfortunately when I plug into the USB port the system fails to recognise and install any drivers for the mouse.

The mouse is a novelty mouse - hence no specific details of manufacturer - but assume is pretty standard under the surface.

Any clues how to make the mouse work?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/225391-mouse-drivers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am bald now after 2 days of pulling my hair out. I have checked with Drivers.com, ASUS, Yahoo and went through google and I can not find these drivers. I have a Win98 machine and the PS2 isn't a card per si, but one that ties into the motherboard.

It is an ASUS TX97-E motherboard and it's for a PS2 mouse....any ideas on finding the drivers?

Thanks!

A:PS2 Mouse drivers

Well, Windows has all the required drivers for a PS2 port and mouse, you should ne need to install any to get the mouse to function.

I Have two suggestions
1). try a different mouse
2). Check in the BIOS to see if the PS2 port is enabled.

This is a very old port socket 7 board, which was made around the time when PS2 mice were just becoming the standard, if all else fails, get a Serial mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps2-mouse-drivers.161705/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, is it possible that my pc has got dos drivers only for mouse? it is plugged into a serial port,but there is no serial port or input devices on my pc when you look in system info. No other mouse will work on the pc only the one which came with it,(I was given this pc,so do not know much about it).only that it is quite old,has internet access,runs win98,office 2000 ect. slow processor,dont know the motherboard............I need to enable the serial port but do not know how as I think this is reason I can not change mouse,It is a ps/2 mouse with adapter to change it to serial and I have treid various others but pc says..windows did not detect mouse ect.can anyone help,it is driving me mad
ladynimue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-with-dos-drivers.331842/
Relevancy 43%

well my mouse must be broken or something because the "snap to" feature is enabled, where every time i open a window the mouse automatically jumps to the default button (like Cancel, OK., etc). now when i go to Control Panel > Mouse and try to uncheck the "snap to" option, it is already unchecked. i have tried checking and unchecking it, but nothing happens. i have also uninstalled my mouse drivers and reinstalled them, but have had no success..... can anyone please tell me what the problem is and how i can fix it??

A:broken mouse "snap to" option on forever

PLEASE someone help me this seems impossible to fix

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-mouse-snap-to-option-on-forever.600406/
Relevancy 43%

I use a Dell USB Optical Mouse, M/N M-UVDEL1, with my Dimension 4700. The mouse doesn't seem to be working right. I can't find a CD for the mouse that came with the system, and when I check the Dell site for drivers in the Mouse and Keyboard section, it doesn't list any (for either Mouse or Keyboard). How should I find the driver for the mouse, or alternatively, how do I improve, or repair, the mouse behavior? Thanks.Larry

A:USB Optical Mouse Drivers???

You shouldn't need any drivers for a plain-old 3 button mouse.  Windows should handle it fine with the built in drivers.   I would try the mouse on another system.  It could be broken. (I got a Dell optical mouse from another system, plugged it into this one and it worked fine without any drivers)  Peter 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19015074
Relevancy 43%

I have a wireless Logitech Mouse and Keyboard combo I've had for ~3 years I've had this computer. I recently installed XP SP3 and now my mouse doesn't always work when my computer loads. The laser is on, I can reconnect w/ the base, but the pointer still doesn't move. I have gotten in the habit of using my keyboard to change which mouse drivers are selected, restarting upon the prompt, and getting my mouse back after the restart. However, my computer still frequently starts in the morning with the mouse not working, and even after resetting the drivers, the mouse won't always work upon restart. Any tips? I've looked for new drivers on logitech but have no idea what to use, given that the lable on the bottom of the mouse has completely worn off. Thanks for any help!

A:Logitech Mouse Drivers

usually windows will know if some sort of update is needed for a wireless mouse if you go -start-all programs- windows update or microsoft update when your on the site click custom instead of the reccomended one and see if there is any updates available download everyone you available to download and tell me if that works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logitech-mouse-drivers-305678.html
Relevancy 43%

Background I'm somewhat of a techie not much Been playing around with Windows recently bit Just need some help advice I Up PS/2 Mouse Drivers Messed have an old Logitech MX mouse and I wanted to install the Logitech Messed Up Mouse PS/2 Drivers software so I could program the buttons Turns out Logitech doesn't offer anything past XP So I downloaded the XP versionof the software and ran it on my Windows in compatibility mode for XP SP as administrator Everything installed but the mouse software didn't work Windows driver was overriding Logitech probably because it was more recent So I tried uninstalling the logitech stuff seeing as it didn't work Unfortunately I got an error saying I was missing a file i prt sys and therefore the software could not be uninstalled Hm I looked up the file and supposedly it should be in Windows System Drivers I didn't have it so I thought I'd be smart I copied the file from my old Windows XP directories and pasted it into the correct location ran the uninstall and everything was removed easily Cool so after that was done I thought that well I shouldn't leave a random file around in my systems folder so I tried deleting it Turns out I couldn't delete the file I had pasted i prt sys because I no longer had permission As administrator this was kinda weird so I looked at who had permission Only System and TrustedInstaller I'm guessing this came from the Logitech software installer had full permission As admin I could only read and execute Looked around at some of the other files I have in my Drivers folder and the permissions were all similar Administrator didn't have permission for most of the files but TrustedInstaller did So anyone know if this is a problem or anything Everything seems to be working fine but it kinda irks me that even as admin I can't touch many files On a side note I'm curious to know if the i prt sys file was there originally and got deleted or if it's only there because I put it there I would appreciate if anyone running Windows could check and lemme know Thanks Edit Also this is still a pretty fresh install so no system restore points before the incident

A:Messed Up Mouse PS/2 Drivers

Ah, I kinda figured it out looking at other people's posts. I learned how to take control of the files. Removed TrustedInstaller from the list, gave it to administrator and my account. Then I went ahead and deleted the file i8042prt.sys. Everything still works fine so I think I'm good...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/24908-messed-up-mouse-ps-2-drivers.html