Windows Support Forum

The speaker works, however, the headphones aren't working

Q: The speaker works, however, the headphones aren't working

Dear HP Community, I'm facing an issue and so far I did not find a solution for my all-in-one computer.The speaker works, however, the headphones aren't working. It used to work perfectly, but now the signal sent to the headphones is very low while speakers are working like the headphone were not plugged. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Regards,Thomas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/The-speaker-works-however-the-headphones-aren-t-working/td-p/5788401
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: The speaker works, however, the headphones aren't working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.71%

I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC

And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From
My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive.
have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager.
I have tried removing the drivers and redownloading the audio drivers from Acers website.
I have tried 'installing' audio driver with the default windows 10 audio driver instead of the realtek one.
I have tried adjusting the sample rate in the advanced properties tab.

What can I do to get sound working in my headphones again and not just the speakers.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46759-no-sound-headphones-but-speaker-works.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a similar problem to previous post, 28-Oct-14, title: "Headphones not being recognized correctly or playing sound". This is on my friend's Toshiba laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and the Dell headphones used to work (they are not currently detected by Windows). The same headphones work fine on my desktop computer. I don't have access to his laptop except when at the library, where his WiFi signal is poor. I'm writing this at home after verifying the headphones work on my computer. This problem seems to be fixable, I am hoping. Thanks.

A:Headphones not detected, internal speaker works

Hard to troubleshoot. As a guess, I would suspect a problem with the headphone jack or the internal wiring as many I/O jacks are on a small circuit board that is connected to the main motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/350637-headphones-not-detected-internal-speaker-works.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Yesterday, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went good, and I'm fully satisfied with Windows 10, but when I called a friend on Skype, I couldn't hear him at all. Not in my headphones. I searched on Google and saw on a lot of forums that if I unninstal that "VIA HD Audio (Win 10) it will fix my problem, but it didn't.[/B] They're still not working, even after I updated the driver back. I also installed Realtek HD Audio driver, after seeing on other forum, but it still didn't work at all. When I click on the speaker icon, go to playback devices, it's not showing headphones, but only speakers. Do you guys know what I can do ? Do you got any idea? I don't want to go back to Windows 7 just because of this.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/129618-headphones-arent-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

the speakers on my alienware 18 are not working only sound im getting is through the headphones. I tried re installing the audio driver also it did not work.
and when i open the playback devices it shows sounds are coming out of speakers whether i got my headphones plugged or not

A:Alienware 18 speaker not working only headphones

Hello. You can test the speakers by performing the Quick Audio Check in the ePSA test. If the speakers fail the test then they have failed or become disconnected.
If the speakers pass the test, then test the audio driver by switching between the Realtek audio driver and the Windows native driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If the speakers work correctly with the native driver, then the Realtek driver is buggy. If the speakers do not work with either driver, then it is not a driver issue. It could be that the sensing mechanism in the headphone jack has failed, making Windows think that there is a plug in the jack when there is not. More details in the Headphone Jack FAQ.
misslilyawhen i open the playback devices it shows sounds are coming out of speakers whether i got my headphones plugged or not
If you mean that only "Speakers" is listed as an analog playback device, that is normal when a Realtek is installed. It won't have a separate listing for headphones.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682412
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi there I have a strange problem with my laptop Details are as follows HP NX - standard specs Windows XP SP The other day I was watching a vid using media player I speaker Laptop working, headphones do. not think and the speakers were working fine I then opened Nero s Soundtrack and notised that the speaker Laptop speaker not working, headphones do. were not working Tried media player again and still not working Numerous reboots removing Nero reinstalling sound drivers had no effect Notised that the headphones still work fine I also have a linux boot disk and the speakers work fine under linux this points to something software related in windows Turned the laptop off for about a day and started back up speakers working fine again They have stoped twice since have used Nero a few times but cant find a pattern They did stop at one stage for an hour or so then just randomly start back up when I was having a look through processes in task manager dont think it was due to ending one but it could have been The whole time the headphones work fine The speakers have now stoped again and I cant seem to get them working again Any ideas This really has me stumped and I dont really want to reinstall windows Is it possible that some process has picked up the speakers and not released them nbsp

A:Laptop speaker not working, headphones do.

Bump.
Anyone got any ideas? Or know of somewhere I can ask this question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-speaker-not-working-headphones-do.711483/
Relevancy 76.11%

hi , iam trying to fix this problem but can't find a solution. where is the problem?
thx

A:Stereo speaker not working but headphones are working

have you tried another set of speakers?

please add some more details on the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-speaker-not-working-but-headphones-are-working.132853/
Relevancy 73.96%

Previously, we could get the sound to work on our Bose speakers for our computer but no sound would come from the TV when we connected it to the PC with and HDMI cable. But now overnight, it's swapped; we can now get sound on the TV when we're using the HDMI cable but no sound is coming through on the speakers when we just want to watch/listen to thing on the PC. 

Any ideas are suggestions are REALLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance!! 
Pocsine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510464/speakers-arent-working-for-computer-but-sound-works-on-the-tv-using-hdmi-cable/
Relevancy 73.53%

I just upgraded my OS to Win 7, but I realised that when I play any sound, it come out of my speakers fine, but my headphones has no sound at all. How do I solve it? I plugged my headphones into the original jack, I have also tried plugging them into the other jacks, but still there is no sound. How do I fix it so both my speakers and my headphones has sound? If I plug my headphones into the jack I plug my speakers in, there is sound in my headphones though ..

A:Problem with sound - Speaker works but headphones has no sound

try double clicking on volume control and see if headphone is muted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-sound-speaker-works-but-headphones-has-no-sound.1016219/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
My headphones are plugged into the headphone jack but when I play sound it only goes through the speakers, not the headphones.

I tried going to Playback Devices and enabling them, but headphones don't even show up as an option.

A:Headphones aren't being recognized

I had this happen to my dell computer and the helpdesk went in there and either updated the audio driver in control panel under device manager or deleting the audio driver and rebooting it so windows rerecognized it. try those.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-arent-being-recognized.1002114/
Relevancy 66.65%

I used to have a USB headset which were plugged into the USB port and were working fine, but I decided to upgrade to a set which use the headphone and microphone inputs, not the USB port. I unplugged the old ones, plugged in the new ones and turned my computer on, but they aren't being recognised at all. I tried going into my sound settings in the Control Panel but it says "No Audio Device", "No Playback Devices" and "No Recording Devices" in the Volume, Sound Playback and Sound Recording parts respectively.

There aren't any drivers that I know of that need to be installed, so what can I do to get the computer to recognise them?

A:New headphones aren't being recognised

well as far as i know if its plugged into the speaker and mic ports the computer wont recognize it but it should still work jus like if u plugged speakers and a mic into those ports it would not say this in ur device manager but theyd b connected and working but if they are not working then it may b a soundcard issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-headphones-arent-being-recognised.460735/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have a Toshiba satellite running windows home premium bit For Detects Headphones There Computer Aren't That quite a while I've had an issue where my sound would randomly cut out I recently discovered after much trial and error that the cause of the issue is that my computer is detecting something plugged into the headphone jack when nothing is there I very rarely use my headphones so this took a while to figure out but when I plug them in Computer Detects Headphones That Aren't There after the speakers cut out I can still hear everything playing in the headphones Sometimes when I remove the headphones the sound starts playing the speakers again but not always I've checked to see if there is anything blocking the jack and it's clean What I would like to know is if there is a way to prevent my computer from automatically switching to headphones if it detects something plugged into the jack or if there isn't a way to play audio out of both simultaneously I could just keep using my headphones but they are of rather low quality and my laptop's built in speakers sound much better Right clicking quot Playback devices quot only shows my speakers and doesn't show my headphones which are really nothing more than earbuds but still even when quot show disabled devices quot is selected

A:Computer Detects Headphones That Aren't There

There would appear to be a problem with the headphone jack. Along with the contacts for your headphones, there are (can be) extra contacts for when there are no headphones plugged in. I would suspect those connections are "dirty" and not making proper contact.

Plug your headset in and out fast several times and see if that helps. If not, the jack may be cleaned with contact cleaner but that would be an internal job and not something you could do from the outside of the case. If it can't be cleaned, many PC's have a small "daughter board" that contains the I/O jacks and that is replaceable.

On SOME audio systems, there is a control panel and SOME of these have options for whether the speakers are muted or not when a headset is plugged in. Newer systems with RealTek audio have the RealTek HD Audio manager that in most cases has this. The Panel, if you have it, would be located in Control Panel/Hardware and Sound. However, you are limited to what the PC vendor allows and there are some with RealTek, for example, that do not have this option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/331637-computer-detects-headphones-arent-there.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok so like by recognized computer? aren't Headphones this is very confusing but hear me out One day i come home and go on my computer All of a sudden my headphones don't work I've tried everything and I think I've made it worse I tried to unplug my headphones and put them into another jack but that doesn't work I tried to uninstall the headphones from my pc and reinstall but that doesn't work the only thing that sort of worked was when i plugged my headphones into the front and made the pc think it was speakers I can hear through ear if i put it full in but if i put it halfway it goes to both but the quality gets worse There is no bass boost or surround sound when i plug it into the front i need for cs go The mic doesn't work at all Headphones aren't recognized by computer? in any way In the back of my computer there are ports pink light green and dark green I've tried all sorts Headphones aren't recognized by computer? of combos of plugging my mic and headphone plugs into any of them to no avail If it helps as stated above my headphones use two plugs for mic and for sound The mic is pink and sound is green Also when i look in the sound menu it shows that sound is being played through the speakers but I can't hear it Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/73916-headphones-arent-recognized-computer.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I'm having a very confusing problem I've tried searching for a solution via google and have not found any real solution Aren't Connected Audio Beats When Headphones They or at least a solution that has worked for me I have an HP Pavilion Dv with Beats Audio Windows Fully Updated Normally I have headphones plugged in while playing my games as to not disturb other people around me but the built-in speakers were sorta still are working In the middle of a game session AVG update popped up and suddenly audio was coming from the speakers instead of the headphones that were plugged in Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't The only time Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't this is happening is every time AVG pops up with it's update notification Since yesterday it happened however now even with the headphones unplugged there is NO sound coming from the speakers at all The beats audio control panel is saying headphones are connected when they aren't and all sound is being routed to headphones that aren't even plugged Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't in When I plug in the headphones the sound is coming threw the headphones perfectly fine For some reason the computer is not recognizing that the headphones are unplugged Now again today the AVG update popped up and sound started playing out of the speakers I immediately unplugged the headphones to allow the sound to continue playing threw the speakers thinking maybe is fixed itself The sound cut in and out a few times and completely went out Again I checked the beats audio and it has said the headphones are connected when I hadn't connected them since the sound started coming out the speakers Steps I've taken I manually updated the driver for my beats audio sound card I've completely uninstalled and deleted the driver for my beats audio sound card to allow windows to use the generic driver to control sound I've ran the sound troubleshooter for playback audio no issues found I've tried disabling the headphones in playback sounds so therefore the audio would be forced to come threw the speakers but it isn't I know the speakers work because I got proof today when sound came blasting out temporarily but as I've stated the computer doesn't recognize that the headphones have been unplugged Any and all help appreciated If I don't answer back today I will be looking for responses tomorrow Thank you everyone

A:Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't

Try a System Restore back to an available restore date that is before this first happened. See if that corrects it.

Since AVG appears to be the source of the problem, or at least the updater part, disable the update function and see if it makes any difference. Restart the PC after disabling the updater.

Although it is a sound problem, it appears from your description that something other than sound is causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/368591-beats-audio-headphones-connected-when-they-arent.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I plugged my usual headphones into the audio jack and it was recognized, saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack", but when I went to go listen to music, like I usually do, I hear nothing. I turned the volume all the way up and still hear nothing. I went into the Playback Devices tab for the audio and only the speakers icon shows up. No headphones. I unplugged and replugged the headphones in and still get nothing, even after the computer recognizes that there is something connected to the audio jack. I plugged the headphones into my MP3 player and it works. So, there's nothing wrong with the headphones. The computer speakers work, it's just the headphone jack that is giving me problems by not working. I've never had any issues with the audio jack before this. Please advise. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphones-aren-t-showing-up-in-Playback-Devices-even-after/td-p/5839470
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I remember deleting something named "Realtek HD blah blah" from the below screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1341120073

From then my normal speaker (audio jack) at the back doesn't work. But my USB speaker works.

I tried to reinstall the audio driver from my motherboard CD and nothing happens.

Please help. This is very annoying.

A:Analog Speaker not detected. USB speaker works

If you deleted RealTek, that is a PC sound (Integrated on the motherboard) and most likely why your speakers are not working. You must have a PC sound device, other than a USB connected device, for the speakers to work.

First step is to reinstall the RealTek drivers. Its best to get the driver either from your PC vendor or Motherboard vendor, as applicable and install that as the first step. Then make sure your "speakers" (sound card) is set as the default playback device in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/237945-analog-speaker-not-detected-usb-speaker-works.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows Vista some time ago we put in a usb webcam with a jack for built in microphone I accidentally pulled the jack for the speakers and when i replaced the jack a box came up asking what we had plugged in i pressed side speakers and ok but the speakers would not work We tried headphones in the front green jack and they worked so put or No speaker headphones sound the speakers jack in there too clicked the corresponding side speakers and clicked ok and No speaker or headphones sound they worked The wouldn t work at the back Yesterday I removed the speakers jack to put the headphones in and the same thing has now happened neither speakers or headphone worked I have made sure all drivers are up to date have checked all volume levels etc and plugs Have turned computer off and on and with jacks in prior to turning on The fact that it was all working one minute and not the next and that it s happened before is really confusing any ideas nbsp

A:No speaker or headphones sound

Have you tried System Restore? Its basically designed for this type of issue

If that doesn't work I'd suggest uninstalling all your sound driver/program, and restarting, then install the most up to date driver again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-speaker-or-headphones-sound.136902/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi!
I do not have any sound on my speakers or headphones.
Not sure what happened.
Tried to go through the steps to troubleshoot and fix....hopefully I didn't make
more of a mess.
please help!
Thanks

A:speaker and headphones - no sound

Hi Pwi,
Could you give us a little more info about your computer, OS, sound card...
Anyway, the first thing to check (after cables) is the mixer settings. Right click the speaker icon below right. There you can see if anything is muted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speaker-and-headphones-no-sound.919332/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just bought a lifechat Lx-2000 and accidentally plugged in the jacks into the back of the computer while unplugging the speaker chord. I realized my mistake and plugged in the chord again and plugged in the 2 jacks for the headset in the front. However, after that, sound no longer came through my speakers or through the headset. I have windows 7 and when i check the sound in the system tray it displays the speakers/headphones as receiving sound (or whatever the bouncing green bar means). How can i fix my speakers so that they receive sound from my computer again.

Note that I've already restarted a few times as well as reinstalled the original sound driver and tried all the troubleshooters. The chord is plugged into the same jack as before. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the wires inside were disconnected when i unplugged it...

A:No sound through speaker/headphones

I've got suddenly, outta da blue exactly the same problem. Think some kind of a virus raging

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-through-speaker-headphones.1043499/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,My soung doesnt work fine.Only the left speaker works. Headphone dont work too.I've tried to reinstall the driver few times and it doesn't work What can i do? It's a lenovo yoga 510 Thanks 1;0

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/No-sound-from-right-speaker-and-headphones/td-p/3441814
Relevancy 61.06%

can anybody help i've just got a new pc runnuing vista and when i use media player i get sound from my speakers but not out of my headphones i do get windows sounds from them but no output from the media player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-audio-from-speaker-but-not-headphones.689131/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone,

Whenever I plug headphones into my laptop, they show up as Speaker/HP in Control Panel. Even without headphones connected, they show up as one (Speaker/HP).

These headphones are plugged via the 3.5mm headphone jack.

BUT, whenever I plug my Logitech G35 7.1 Headset in, it shows up as G35, as that is powered via USB.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:Headphones show up as Speaker/HP

it is how the driver labels your inputs and it just means that when you plug in your headphones it stops output to the speakers, your headset is its own as its usb and its own device. hope this makes sense to you. are you having trouble muting the speakers when the headphones are plugged in?
rvcjew

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/315188-headphones-show-up-speaker-hp.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi!

First time poster here looking for a bit of help. I want to pipe separate audio through my front jack which I use for headphones and back jack which I use for speakers. I have an on-board Realtek ALC888/1200 (according to everest). What I want is this:
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...ts-fix-ado.jpg
Right now on my computer I have one option, speakers which encompass all the back jacks and the front audio jack. While under recording I do have separate mics. How can I separate the front jack into it's own option?

I'm using win7 home premium and I'm not sure if anything else is important, ask away if it is!

Thanks ,
BoggyP

edit: Here's the issue:

A:How to Get Seperate Headphones & Speaker Settings

When you plug in your headphones you get a settings dialog right? You should be able to set things through that and have it not effect the speakers. If not, try to download the latest Realtek drivers, that might give you an option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/79164-how-get-seperate-headphones-speaker-settings.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Thank for taking your time to read my situation.

This problem occurred to me yesterday when I purchased a new headset for my PC. When I got back home and tried to headset out it worked perfectly fine however later that day, when I tried to fix the wiring that was tangled up by taking out the headset from the jack, I plugged them back in only to see a the speakers option at the bottom right hand corner saying that "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". At this time I went and got my old headset and plugged that in however the same problem occurred.

I have looked at many ways to fix this problem however none work for me. Any solutions or advice would be very helpful!

I am running Windows 8.1 64-Bit

A:The Speaker, Headset or Headphones is unplugged.

Some System Specs would help. Please fill in the "My System Specs". Without that we are guessing (e.g. is this a desktop or laptop?). Is the headset a USB connected or analog that connects to the headphone jack?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/65384-speaker-headset-headphones-unplugged.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My sound is playing through my laptop speakers and earbuds and I've tried all the solutions posted. 

A:Sound playing through headphones and speaker

Hey @cleverrta,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! You had mentioned that you hear sound from  your headphones and the speakers of your HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC.  Have you tried to manually update the chipset drivers to the latest version?Have you done anything different with the Notebook lately?Did you make any changes to the Notebook? Please test the device by sending a signal from the sound source (For example: Play a .mp3 file for testing headphones in the Sound Properties window.  Did you run the HP Support Assistant to automatically update the chipset and audio drivers to the latest version?Have you tried to use the Windows Audio Troubleshooter? The troubleshooter may be able to fix the issue.  If that does not work, please try to Uninstall the Audio Driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:   Go to SearchType in Device ManagerClick on Device ManagerGo to Sound, Video and Game ControllersRight Click on the Audio DriverSelect UninstallRestart your Notebook twiceCheck the sound and see if it works now without the popping sound. If not please try to: Go to SearchType in Device ManagerClick on Device ManagerGo to Sound, Video and Game ControllersRight Click on Sound, Video and Game ControllersSelect Update driver softwareThe last thing that you can try is to use the Update the BIOS to the latest version. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-playing-through-headphones-and-speaker/td-p/5590352
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a HP dv6tse laptop with window 7 and it has two headphone jacks. When plugging my headphones into the first jack, sounds plays through the speaker and headphones. The second headphone jack works fine for when I plug in my headphones, the sound only comes out through the headphones like it should. I've tried updating the sound drivers but the problem still persist. Can anyone help please?

Relevancy 60.2%

At work I have an HP DC which is exactly one year old and it comes Sound headphones same and the time at speaker through with an onboard speaker I use this computer for CBT computer based training and I Sound through speaker and headphones at the same time can hear the lessons through the mono speaker from inside the case and it s not real loud but loud enough in a quiet room The problem I have is when other people in he same small room use nearby comuters for their CBT and everybody can hear everybody else s audio from different lessons Makes it a bit hard to concentrate So off to the store we went and got a bunch of USB and regular headphones so that we could do CBT without bothering the neighbors But when we plug in the headphone what happens is both the internal speaker emits sound as well as the headphones I would have thought that the internal speaker would know that we plugged a headphone in and would automatically shut off Is this commonplace or is there something I can configure to get the internal speaker to shut down when I plug a headphone in nbsp

A:Sound through speaker and headphones at the same time

Normally pushing the headphones all the way into the headphone jack will stop any other speaker from emitting sound

I suspect your new Headphones are USB

got a bunch of USB and regular headphonesClick to expand...

Do both the regular and USB Headphones do the same thing?

If so, go to Control Panel-->Sounds...-->Audio tab
And confirm your default audio playback, and tick only use preferred devices

You may also have a Sound/Audio start menu (program) group
Just search the list
There can be adjustments made in this too (just to be confusing!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-through-speaker-and-headphones-at-the-same-time.102768/
Relevancy 60.2%

After updating to Windows 10, my sound didn't work at all so I updated my audio driver to the newest one on HP's website for my specific laptop model. Now, sound comes out of both my headphones and the speakers. Can someone help?

A:Sound comes out of both my Headphones and the Laptop Speaker...

I understand there is sound coming from both the speakers and headphones. To resolve the issue, please try these basic steps:-Go into Control Panel by pressing 'Windows key' + 'R' key on the keyboard.-Now on the 'Run' dialogue box, type in 'Control panel' and hit 'Enter'.-Now find 'Sound and Audio device' and open it.-Look for the Recording tab.-Select your microphone/headset as the default device, and press OK. Hope this will help you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-comes-out-of-both-my-Headphones-and-the-Laptop/td-p/5584391
Relevancy 60.2%

...for SELECT programs? For example, I like to game with headphones on, I listen to music with headphones on and more. I don't like to unplug them every time I'm done, that's too confusing and more importantly, I FORGET ALL THE TIME. So, if anyone could kindly help me find a way to play my "Free Alarm Clock" (please Google to find it because I'm afraid to post links) through the speakers despite having headphones plugged in, I would greatly appreciate it. I use it not only to wake up but also to remind me of other daily things.

Just to be clear: I'm not looking for something to play sound through headphones and speakers simultaneously. That would defeat the purpose.

Thanks in advance!

PS
A command would also work, I believe.

A:How do you enable speaker output while headphones are on?

Hey mate,

Don't be afraid to post links, just make sure they aren't walware lol.h
When your headphones are plugged in, do they show up in sounds?:

If so, that is a good way to switch it. If not, see if you can't find out more about sounds with your sounds control center. I think you only get such a thing if you have a sound card. Some built-in ones come with such a control center. Take a peek in there to see what you can find.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/40509-how-do-you-enable-speaker-output-while-headphones.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Everything was working fine 2 days ago and then for some reason when i plug my headphones in the sound still comes out of the speakers (aswell as the headphones) i have beats audio and i have tried turning the multi-streaming offi cant set my headphones as the default drive (i could before) both speakers and headphones are running through speakers/hp and before they were separateI've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio driversi have also uninstalled the drivers and let windows find the driver when it starts upive scanned the driver and changed it to windows default driver  its really annoying me now because i cant seem to find a way to fix it! thank you in advance for your help   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Speaker-playing-when-headphones-are-plugged-in/td-p/5726384
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way I can make sound come out of a set of headphones AND my default speakers? The reason I want to do this is so that when I'm working on mixing and mastering music, I can use my studio heaphones and my buddies can still hear the sound while it's playing. Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Packard bell laptop with a headphone and microphone plugin on the left. For a while now, when I plug in my headphones, sound still comes out of the speaker.
Theres a picture of what my sound looks like with headphones plugged in.

A:Sound still comes out of speaker when headphones are plugged in

Check to see if you have a RealTek "HD Audio Manager" panel (mine is located in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound). There is an option, in most, to have the speakers mute or not mute when a headset is plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247699-sound-still-comes-out-speaker-when-headphones-plugged.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm gonna get some headphones or a Surround speaker system, and I was wondering if anybody knows any good ones that are >100$. I have my eye on this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159203

I heard the bass isn't too good on cnet reviews, so help please.

A:Good headphones/SS speaker system?

So why are they gold plated again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-headphones-ss-speaker-system.99109/
Relevancy 60.2%

I can't get my sound to stop coming out the PC speaker. With XP, when I plugged in my headphones the PC speaker muted, but now I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 and I can't get it to shut up.

This is a problem mostly because nobody likes my music (c'mon, guys, it's just Vince Guaraldi ).

Would it be advisable to try to remove the speaker entirely? That's what my dad did when my alarm clock kept going off at midnight .

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

A:Sound plays out the PC speaker instead of my headphones.

Hi

I use wondows 2003 os,though i dont have idea on xp i suggest u to
see if there are any settings related to audio in help which helps u to control
sound.......such as minimise and mute or headset or speakers

bie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-plays-out-the-pc-speaker-instead-of-my-headphones.93161/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have an audio port on the back of my pc that i plug my speakers into, and a headphone jack in the front that i use headphones with. i am wondering if there is any way to cut the volume from one or the other independantly without physically unplugging the jacks. i play games at night when people are sleeping so i need to use my headphones and im sick of having to get to the back of my pc to unplug the speakers. thanks to any suggestions.

Win XP pro sp2 MCE 2005, asus m2ne, amd dual core athlon 64 x2 2.5 Ghz, 2x1 GB ocz gold ram, evga 8800gts 320MB. my sound controlling is done by soundmax, it came as default.

A:headphones and speaker combo questions

Your speakers are not equipped with an Off switch or a manual volume control?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-and-speaker-combo-questions.611035/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I have an ultrabook i5 ASUS that runs on windows 8
I don't have alot of knowledge in computers, but I've been trying to figure out what was wrong
When I plug in my earphones, the popup checking if I am using earphones don't pop up anymore, and the sound does not come out of the eaphones but the computer.
Speakers work perfectly fine.
Sounds are on.
I have checked multiple earphones and tried them on other computers; the earphones do not have a problem.
I have went to the setting- change system sound- playback and only speakers is listed on the list.
If I switch to the 'recording' tab, Microphone and Stereo Mix are listed.
I have tried 'find and fix audio problems' troubleshooting, but nothing came up.

Any help would be welcome! Thank you!

A:Ear/headphones notworking, speaker fine.

How far back did this problem start happening? Is it recent or a while ago? if its pretty recent; i would try to do a system restore; and go back to the date before this problem started happening. click start, programs, accessories, system tools, then system restore. Pick a date before this issue started happening. If this does not fix the issue; then i would suggest uninstalling the sound card/device completely, reboot, then let windows re-detect the device and reinstall the drivers for it. You may have to find the utilities disk(s) for that computer and find the one that has the audio drivers on it and use that to reinstall the device and software. Try one or both of these things out and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/320668-ear-headphones-notworking-speaker-fine.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hey
when i plug in my headphones on my windows xp pc sound comes from both internal speakers and headphones. i tried everything nd if i mute speakers both headphones and speakers are muted. please some one help me.......

A:how to disable speaker while listening to headphones on pc?

Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Speaker Settings/Advanced/Speaker Setup take the drop down arrow and choose Stereo Headphone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-disable-speaker-while-listening-to-headphones-on-pc-554627.html
Relevancy 60.2%

THE QUESTION - How do I mute the laptop speakers while still getting sound out of my headphones So even if I pull my speaker, NOT MUTE to laptop but How headphones headphones out still no sound How to MUTE laptop speaker, but NOT headphones comes out of the speakers FOLLOW UP - As a laptop user you know that most of the time we work in quite areas such as libraries or night flights When you accidently pull the headphones jack out your music blasts causing a lot of unnecessary disturbance TECHNICAL DETAILS Dell Inspiron Windows XP SigmaTel Audio C-Major IS IT POSSIBLE - YES It was for the past years until a few days a go I say this because I used to achieve this by checking the PC spk Mute checkbox under ADVANCED in the Volume Control panel I recently had to reinstall the SigmaTel driver and now when I check the PC spk Mute checkbox It mutes EVERYTHING including the headphones WHAT I VE TRIED - Rolling back SigmaTel driver not possible since the original was uninstalled How to MUTE laptop speaker, but NOT headphones - Installing the SigmaTel driver from the dell website - Installing the SigmaTel driver from the drivers CD - Searching the net Most results suggested checking the PC spk Mute checkbox but as mentioned earlier now it mutes my headphones as well Any suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated Thank you Zach nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone,
Sound is only coming out of my left speaker, the secondary speaker (the one without hte volume button, headphone slots etc.) Wiggling the cable used to make it work again but now it just doesn't work at all it seems. Is there anything I can do about it?
My speakers are Logitech Z323

A:Sound only coming out of one speaker, comes out of both headphones

Try making and un-making the connection and even a little blast of compressed air to try cleaning the receptacle. Does the other channel come on when you wiggle the plug?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/306179-sound-only-coming-out-one-speaker-comes-out-both-headphones.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently bought some headphones and I have noticed that windows recognizes my current speakers and my new headphones as one output (in playback devices menu). This is a problem as I want to be able to switch between these devices freely using a Hot Key of some sorts.
Both devices are being displayed as a single Realtek HD audio 'Speaker'.

Playback device menu currently:
Gyazo - 4c4ed4a9f6bb7049e12e0c154e101698.png

Proof that both devices are plugged in:
Gyazo - 7bb0c3cffdc5fd3086be87bc49440f1c.png

I've been trying to use 'SoundSwitch' to assign a Hot Key to switch between these devices, but it is not possible as it requires both of them to be displayed in the Playback menu.

Is there any solution to this?

A:Headphones and speaker recognized as only one device

I have RealTek on both of my desktops (one is an ASUS Z77 motherboard and the other is an ASRock Z77 motherboard). I just tried plugging a headset into the front panel headphone jack on each one. I get a message that a device has been plugged in, but neither show the headphone as a separate playback device. Just the "Speakers".

I'm using the latest RealTek driver, direct from RealTek, for both systems.

BTW, here is how to post screenshots on this forum:
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/345650-headphones-speaker-recognized-only-one-device.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have had a speaker arrangement on my Vista x PC for 5.1 working not Left speaker Front configuration speaker in correctly some time Today the front left speaker decided to stop working correctly When trying to Front Left speaker not working correctly in 5.1 speaker configuration plug my headphones in to a rear jack on my motherboard onboard sound I noticed that sound was only coming through the right earphone I decided to give up with trying to listen through my headphones for the time being and plugged my speakers back in only to find that now my front left speaker wasn't working correctly I tried to adjust the balance on my speakers as I thought I could hear a whisper of a sound through the front left The front left speaker is producing sound but at a greatly reduced volume to the rest of the speakers I have to set the balance to the following to make FL and FR speakers 'the same' volume by ear FL volume FR volume I have my speakers plugged in to jacks on my motherboard out of The green jack for FL and FR The black jack for RL and RR The orange jack for C and SubW I have been unsucessful installing Realtek which is a shame because on my last motherboard I was able to solve the problem with that somehow but I can't remember how as it states the drivers are not supported Which I'm assuming means my motherboard doesn't support it My motherboard is an MSI Intel p Neo I have had this setup working fine for around a month My speakers are labtec but I don't see how that would matter I am currently using the normal drivers that come with Vista Any ideas Regards Graham

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/204200-front-left-speaker-not-working-correctly-5-1-speaker-configuration.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My Laptop has a dual boot system, windows 7 and ubuntu 16, both works fine.

Until i got something problem when i play music at my windows 7 with plugged external speaker or headphone or anythings, the audio won't comes out.
So i try to unplugged my speaker and the audio works fine.

I think there's a problem with my jack or laptop's terminal or something inside my laptop,
so i change my OS to ubuntu 16 and plugged my speaker, and it's work!

what happen to my windows 7?

I try to install all my driver from my CD and restart it, and still won't work

And i look at my Realtek HD Audio, my speaker show with black colored jack

Try to check from audio troubleshooting too, but it's no help, says that everything is fine

Help me to solve the problem..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/401799-audio-wont-work-external-speaker-headphones.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone My motherboard is Asus M N -T-M V with VIA HD Audio as the sound The problem I'm using a headphone but when it is plugged it both windows and via hd audio deck recognize the device only as a Speaker instead of Headphone I've tried uninstalling sound driver as well as VIA HD audio deck but still it doesn't work If I set Headphones as the default device there's no sound There is sound on my headphone as long Speaker mode is set as default device instead Btw my headphone is plugged mode change (unable Speaker to to Headphones) at the back when I plug it in the front it doesn't work presumably Speaker mode (unable to change to Headphones) the jack at the front has spoilt but this didn't quite matter since I was using the back jack in Speaker mode (unable to change to Headphones) the past with no problem and the mode used to be Headphones but now it's Speaker mode I've also tried inserting in my iphone's earphone instead and it is still Speaker mode Here's more information Hope you guys can help me out

A:Speaker mode (unable to change to Headphones)

You have to generally use the front panel connections to get that identification.

Since you are plugging it into the back panel the system basically assumes it's speakers. It can't actually tell the difference based on the plug... it's not a usb device that communicates with the system. So all the system has to go on is where it's being plugged in.

Does your system have front panel audio hook ups?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/202856-speaker-mode-unable-change-headphones.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I managed to get audio being played through both Speakers and Headphones, but i need to be able to play a video on gomplayer and listen to it's audio only through the headphones but at the same time play wmp music only on the speakers.

I tried... help

A:Play one audio source through Speaker and the other on Headphones

why, if you have headphones on you wont hear the wmp ?
is it so parents think you are playing music ,when really you are watching movies you wouldnt want them to hear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/204672-play-one-audio-source-through-speaker-other-headphones.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My Laptop has a dual boot system, windows 7 and ubuntu 16, both works fine.

Until i got something problem when i play music at my windows 7 with plugged external speaker or headphone or anythings, the audio won't comes out.
So i try to unplugged my speaker and the audio works fine.

I think there's a problem with my jack or laptop's terminal or something inside my laptop,
so i change my OS to ubuntu 16 and plugged my speaker, and it's work!

what happen to my windows 7?

I try to install all my driver from my CD and restart it, and still won't work

And i look at my Realtek HD Audio, my speaker show with black colored jack

Try to check from audio troubleshooting too, but it's no help, says that everything is fine

Help me to solve the problem..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401799-audio-wont-work-external-speaker-headphones.html
Relevancy 59.34%

A couple of days ago I decided to move my tower from my desk to the floor Everything was working beautifully up until then I opened it up and removed some dust After putting it back together the can't find any from errors. sound speaker/headphones, No monitor No sound from speaker/headphones, can't find any errors. wouldn't register anything I left it for a day No sound from speaker/headphones, can't find any errors. came back and the monitor magically worked again The wifi card stopped working but importantly the sound was working After leaving it for a night I came back reseated the wifi card and magically the card worked again But now the sound won't work It's been several days and this is the situation The sound is not muted When I press the speaker icon in the tray the green volume bar moves up and down as though sound is playing If I troubleshoot the 'playing audio' it says that no peripherals are plugged in I found that if I went into Realtek HD Audio Manager and disabled 'front panel jack detection' in the connection settings the computer suddenly apparently realises that I do have speakers connected and when I troubleshoot audio again it doesn't find any errors I have to do this every time I restart but the sound still doesn't work I've downloaded and reinstalled the Realtek HD Codecs twice In Device Manager it recognises the integrated sound card the PCI Simple Communications Controller device is Intel Management Engine Interface I've disabled and enabled the devices many times but no dice I've reinstalled the chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer I've gone into my computer and unplugged and re-plugged any wires that may have come loose Please please help It's the holidays and I want to immerse myself in video games But that's pretty much impossible with no sound Thanks

A:No sound from speaker/headphones, can't find any errors.

I see you have both High Definition Audio Device and RealTek listed in the Sound Video and Game Controllers. In most cases the High Definition Audio Device is a Windows installed generic sound driver. Since you have RealTek, you do not need this and it can conflict. Uninstall the HD Audio Device (in the Device Manager), restart the PC and see what happens.

Also, double check the motherboard connection for the front panel audio. Although you have "unplugged and re-plugged" wires, check it again. The other possibility with the front panel. Try disconnecting the front panel headset/mic connection at the motherboard and see what happens (not disable it in the RealTek HD Manager).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49547-no-sound-speaker-headphones-cant-find-any-errors.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The title explains it all. I've built myself a new computer and when i connect my speaker to the back or front of the tower it says it's unplugged. I've downloaded the latest Realtek audio drivers and have no other ideas on what to do.

Help?

A:New computer build - No speaker or headphones were plugged in

What type of speakers, 2.0, 5.1 ? Assuming you mean plug the headphones into the front ? Sure connected wires from the case to the motherboard correctly for front audio.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51513-new-computer-build-no-speaker-headphones-were-plugged.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All, Facing the issue of sound  with headphones on and still sound coming from speaker as well as headphones. Tried restarting to see if there is any update but in no luck. It would be great if any help received.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-ENvy-beats-sound-coming-from-headphones-and-speaker/td-p/5750808
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there Before I start with stuff I'll link my hardware and drivers used Headset SteelSeries - Gaming HD speaker plugged headphones Realtek Manager and No in or Audio are Headsets - SteelSeries H Fnatic Edition Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc No speaker or headphones are plugged in and Realtek HD Audio Manager - Motherboards- ASUS P P WS Revolution Sound card removed ASUSTeK Computer Inc - Multimedia- ASUS Xonar DX Drivers ASUSTeK Computer Inc - Motherboards- ASUS P P WS Revolution Realtek Audio Driver V for bit Windows Vista amp Windows Other drivers Realtek HD Definition Drivers So I bought a new computer not too long ago and I've had some issues with my headset and whatnot I have a ASUS Xonar DX sound card with an optic fibre cable for my Logitech Z- system and they worked just No speaker or headphones are plugged in and Realtek HD Audio Manager fine with it However when I bought my headset Steelseries H Fnatic normal non-USB I had issues When I plugged them into my motherboard it couldn't find them And when I tried to plug them into my Xonar card people I was skyping with could hear my sounds videos I watched etc even though I had earplugs So I removed the card and decided I'd go with the normal drivers etc So I checked ASUS website and got the drivers I installed the drivers Xonar drivers uninstalled clean before and it asks me to reboot I reboot and I get the message quot No speakers or headphones are plugged in quot from the system tray I run dxdiag and no sound card is detected it's just empty where there should be driver names etc In the control panel there is no Realtek option etc When I check the folder it only has folders Drivers and InstallShield They contain files named RtlUpd application USetup iss and the InstallShield contains Rtkupd application I uninstalled reinstalled and rebooted etc several times but I never get it in the control panel or the system tray BIOS etc are the lastest for my motherboard and I never had this issue before In BIOS the settings are to HD audio I'm pretty sure I haven't screwed up the assembly of the computer because I've been building my own for a very long time In the control panel I can currently see quot Digital Audio HDMI quot through and they're not plugged in it says On recording there is nothing My headset should be automatically detected in my opinion so I don't know what's wrong here

A:No speaker or headphones are plugged in and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Bumping this since I got no answers.. I found a thread like it, but to no help..

No sound in windows 7

I have no tray of the HD Audio Manager, and the only files in my install folder are RtlUpd64 and some other file as I mentioned above. Drivers from ASUS website aren't working either. Please help, been without sound for a few weeks now..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/216084-no-speaker-headphones-plugged-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Got the XPS 15 a month ago and the first time I plugged my headphones I noticed the problem
The right speaker has significantly lower sound than the left and when I wiggle the audio jack of the headphones, it gets normal for a moment and then bad again. That happens only with headphones. I tried 4 different ones. 
I reinstalled audio drivers - no luck. It seems like loose audio jack connection and not a software issue. Any one having the same problem? 
I guess the only solution would be sending it back for repair which I don't want 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982753
Relevancy 58.91%

I am running on a Dell Latitude D Just recently my audio jack isnt wanting to understand that my headphones are plugged in I know that my headphones work cause when I would play them on my iPod they would work perfectly fine I went into my drivers and uninstalled then reinstalled the audio drivers I looked for other solutions online and there were none that fit to what I was looking for the only sound that comes out of the computer are the stock quot High Definition Audio Device quot speakers At this moment I have plugged in sets of headphones and none have been able to get sound out of the audio jack They are all the simple mm plugs and I have used them numbers of times when making music on FL Studio or listening to music on Spotify I know that there has to be a solution because there speaker but Plays headphones! with Help? not jack. audio Trouble on on has never been a problem like this before Thank you for any help that you can give me

A:Trouble with audio jack. Plays on speaker but not on headphones! Help?

If you are not using the Dell supplied sound drivers that can be a problem. I used to do a lot of support on the Dell forum and we found that non-Dell drivers either did not work or did not work properly on many Dell's.

Here is the Dell Vista/Windows 7 SigmaTel sound Driver.
Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/239307-trouble-audio-jack-plays-speaker-but-not-headphones-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I recently installed windows XP on my laptop. After the installation I noticed that when I place headphones to listen some music, I get sound from laptop speaker too. earlier I had Vista on my laptop & it was working fine. My laptop details are as below

Model :- Hp Compaq Presario V3700

Could someone please help me in fixing it.

Thanks,

Deepak

A:Headphones doesn't stop laptop inbuilt speaker sound

Have you enabled front-panel jack detection?

Using Sound Effect Manager Compaq Presario 5060 Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/headphones-doesnt-stop-laptop-inbuilt-speaker-sound-602673.html
Relevancy 58.05%

when i plug earphone the sound keeps coming out of speakers not through earphones. my pc has windows 10.i tried every trick on this forum .pls help

A:headphones wont work on brand new laptop.speaker is fine

Hello @tareya, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the issue with the headphones, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products In the meantime, have you tried connecting the headphones into other devices, just to verify that they are working properly?  Are you audio drivers up to date?  Have you tried checking the settings to make sure that the headphones are set as the default device?  You can review the following document for more assistance with that information: HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8) Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/headphones-wont-work-on-brand-new-laptop-speaker-is-fine/td-p/5601744
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys we'll see how good a post this is On vacation in October spilled a little water in the x32) Mini Intermittent/random 9, (speaker&headphones) audio [Dell Prof keyboard of this Intermittent/random audio (speaker&headphones) [Dell Mini 9, Prof x32) laptop Powered it off IMMEDIATELY and flipped it over For about two Intermittent/random audio (speaker&headphones) [Dell Mini 9, Prof x32) days it refused to boot On the third day it rose again all was well except no audio In the speakers or headphones Naturally I assumed it was kaput But lo Occasionally we'd hear a system sound Rare but not often And very quiet After fiddling around for a few weeks I gave up on minor fixes and reinstalled Windows STILL the rare-and-very quiet audio Actually only the speakers are very quiet IF I get sound AND I have headphones plugged in they're just as loud as ever My FIRST thought is that it's a hardware issue But that doesn't explain why a system quot click quot or login sound will play and then two seconds later nothing does it Sometimes the sound will work for hours and sometimes literally only for one system sound If I go into control panel - gt sounds the little quot levels quot meter next to quot Speakers quot dances around happily when something should be playing Last bit of information when I have the headphones plugged in I can tell if I'll get audio or not because it seems like power to the jack must cut on and off power saving feature since sometimes I'll hear a quiet hissss and know that audio will work but most of the time there is no hisss and no audio Any thoughts besides quot get a new laptop the Mini is from quot lol

A:Intermittent/random audio (speaker&headphones) [Dell Mini 9, Prof x32)

The water has caused either motherboard damage and/or damage to the connector for the speakers (and possibly other connectors). The PC will have to be disassembled and the motherboard and connectors cleaned (at a minimum).

Considering the age and what type it is (mini), time for a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/278914-intermittent-random-audio-speaker-headphones-dell-mini-9-prof-x32.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My wife informed me that there has never been sound from her notebook speaker but headphones work fine.  Is this possibly problem with the audio driver or maybe a headphone jack problem?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.Latitude D620Default device: SigmaTel AudioSigma Tel version 5.10.0.4823Thanks 

A:No sound from Latitude D620 notebook speaker but headphones work fine.

It could be either. On the software side of things, you could reinstall the audio driver or use PC Restore to return her computer to the exact configuration it was in when she received it. Everything that was working then would work again except any hardware problems that have developed since it was shipped (or any it had when shipped for that matter).Or it could be the headphone jack. The Dell laptops with a Sigmatel 92xx audio chip utilize Universal Jacks technology, which is somewhat complicated. In addition to the usual mechanical parts, the jack also uses current & impedance-sensing techniques to trigger software configuration and switching (to send the audio signal to the speakers). So there are three areas of potential failure: mechanical, electronic, and software. Sometimes, a little very gentle wiggle of a plug in the jack will get it to resume normal functioning, at least temporarily. Normally I'd say to run the audio test part of Dell Diagnostics to confirm that there is a hardware problem, but we have seen that these Universal Jacks can cause a false result in Diagnostics. That is because Diagnostics operates in DOS, outside of Windows, so a Windows software misconfiguration is irrelevant to the test even though in this case it is caused by hardware. So the audio test can pass in Diagnostics, correctly signaling that software configuration is the immediate cause of the problem, but missing that a hardware problem, the bad jack, is the root cause. In these instances the only reliable diagnostic procedure might be to try a new motherboard. In other words, it can be tough to diagnose.Jim

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/18751356
Relevancy 57.19%

I know it's possible that the speaker itself is just blown, but is there any way that it could be a software/driver issue? Supposedly this laptop uses AC97 drivers from Realtek. I have attempted to install Acer's audio drivers from their website for the 5000 series (they didn't have one specifically for the 5003wlmi) and I've also downloaded generic drivers directly from Realktek. No luck.

Any ideas?

A:Acer Aspire 5003WLMI (Win XP) - No audio from laptop speaker; headphones work fine

Hi have you tried using headphones to test the sound

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5003wlmi-win-xp-no-audio-from-laptop-speaker-headphones-work-fine.1013587/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have speakers and now only the right one works im not sure if its my speakers or my computer OK well i get no sound from my left speaker but if I put a pair of headphones into my headphone jack and pull it out halfway my left works!!! one Only Speaker speaker works and Only one Speaker works!!! my right one goes dead The Only one Speaker works!!! Funny thing about it is that when i move the sound balance bar in quot Volume Control quot all the way to the Only one Speaker works!!! left i get no sound at all even when the left speaker is working i have to pull the bar either in the middle or to the right to make it work Also when i put headphones on i only get sound out of one side on a perfectly good pair of headphones It seems like my sound card or whatever is only working right side only if thats possible is there a way to fix it or is it just my speakers that are busted Note All my balance bars for sound are set in the middle nbsp

A:Only one Speaker works!!!

Firstly, check that the soundcard/chip is working properly, goto control panel and click sound,speech+audio devices, sounds+audio devices, hardware. This will give a list of devices and tell you if theyre working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-one-speaker-works.111487/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hiya! I recently built my first system, and I'm currently using onboard sound from my Asus P8Z77-V mobo because the PCI slot ended up being blocked by my graphics card. I noticed an issue before I got speakers that my headphones couldn't be plugged in all the way on my front port or only one speaker would work. The right one is which works when plugged in all the way. The same happens on the back port. These speakers are brand new and I checked all my cables, and everything seems to be in order. What could be wrong?

Relevancy 55.9%

I recently got a new PC and plugged in my perfectly working speakers into the new machine One of them works--so now I get to hear the unique half-stereo version of all my songs lol I tried putting in a sound card but that made me lose my dial tone for the modem The works speaker Only one minute I took the sound card out the dial tone was back Hm Must have been some conflict but I didn t see any conflict on the Device Manager thing Anyway I may not even need that dumb sound card When I go to the Run section just above the Start button type in dxdiag I learned that from reading these threads and hit the Sound tab it passes all the sound tests--but only on that one speaker When I go to the DirectX Drivers tab I see this among Only one speaker works the other drivers listed esfm drv no English essmpu drv no English These both have exclamation marks in yellow triangles next to them On the bottom Only one speaker works it says quot Several files esfm drv essmpu drv are uncertified which means that they have not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs You may be able to get a certified driver from the manufacturer of the hardware device quot I guess it s obvious I need drivers but where o where do I get them Can someone help please Thanks in advance Jeanie nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

i noticed that only one speaker works on my machine. the other one is idle.
i dont know since when, maybe since i had got this new computer .

i bought another kind of speaker today, but i end up with the same problem .
is it sound card problem ? it is realtek built in intel motherboard.

knowing that something called "Intel high definition audio bus driver " is not installed on my system . i couldnt install it anyway. but the audio driver is installed .
do i have to buy a new sound card ?
anyone help please ...

A:Only one speaker works, why ?

If the driver did not install correctly then thats the first thing you need to correct. You should uninstall the audio drivers and then go to the motherboard's manufacturer's website to download the latest audio driver and install it.

Make sure you have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed before installing the drivers.

You can also try the very latest Realtek provided driver from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...s=2004061&Software=True&title=HD Audio CODECs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-one-speaker-works-why.405761/
Relevancy 55.9%

I installed the wonderful updates from Microsoft for win xp & they killed my mouse drivers for my optical mouse & it no longer works. But I don't care, (sorry, I had to get that out). What really ticks me off is that my left speaker no longer works, obviously a driver conflict. I unistalled then reinstalled my sound drivers & even my graphics card drivers, but to no avail! I have an Athlon 2200 processor & Nvidia mx440 graphics card. I need help!!

A:Only right speaker works

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you checked for obvious physical problems like loose leads?

My speakers occasionally go funny and it turns out to be the jack plug working loose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-right-speaker-works.129391/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Gateway laptop with onboard audio. One day the system froze and I had to just shut it off without properly shutting it down because it froze in the middle of a game and wouldn't correct itself after a little while. Upon rebooting, the sound never worked, not even system sounds. I threw on my headphones and the sound worked (USB headphones FYI). I really don't feel like wearing my headphones all the time, but upon checking to see if the sound driver corrupted, found nothing wrong with it. Any ideas? Thankies =3

A:Sound Only Works Through Headphones.

It could be that even though the sound card has the drivers (which I would recommend that you try and update), the speakers themselves are not detected by the computer. Your best bet would be to try and download a new set of sound card drivers, uninstall the one you have and then install the new one.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you could try a repair of the windows XP installation (so not a clean install) so you don't lose any of your files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161909/sound-only-works-through-headphones/
Relevancy 55.47%

Here's the situation I bought a pair of Sony PS Pulse Wireless Elite headphones for my PC because they sound great and work for the PC The sound works beautifully but I haven't had to use a microphone for my computer until mic works Headphones sometimes only built-in with now Instead of buying a microphone and getting my desk all cluttered and adding another pair of wires to my computer I decided I should figure out how to use Headphones with built-in mic only works sometimes the microphone on my headphones There is only AUX wire not so I can only plug it into the sound input not the Headphones with built-in mic only works sometimes sound and mic input at the same time The built-in mic doesn't work all the time It only works when I can't Headphones with built-in mic only works sometimes hear out of the headphones and vise-versa There are youtube videos of people using the built-in mic and it works so it's not because the headphones are incompatible I'm using Windows Home Premium -bit and all the drivers are installed as well The headphones came packaged with a wireless dongle an AUX cable and of course the headphones themselves Here's a log I've constructed Headset off AUX unplugged Dongle plugged in Result No sound no mic Headset off AUX plugged into headset PC Dongle unplugged Result Sound no mic Headset off AUX plugged into headset PC mic input Dongle unplugged Result No sound no mic Headset on AUX unplugged Dongle plugged in Result No sound mic works Headset on AUX plugged into dongle PC Dongle plugged in Result Sound no mic Headset on AUX plugged into headphones PC mic input Dongle unplugged Result No sound no mic Also when I plug in the USB dongle and connect the AUX cable from the dongle to the PC then turn on the headset the mic works for approximately seconds during the headset turning on before it stops working

A:Headphones with built-in mic only works sometimes

What's the model number and where are you located? I couldn't find much on it in the US. Could be why you're not getting much of a response.

Just off the top of my head; there is no microphone with that headset. The AUX IN is probably for a MP3 player or such and blocks PC sound when used. It's not for a microphone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/312868-headphones-built-mic-only-works-sometimes.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I think I have the same problem with this person right here, and I'm saying ''I think'' because my english are not so good..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-mirroring-my-speakers.181670/

A:Microphone works as speaker?

Someone help meeeeeeee?!!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-as-speaker.201636/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm trying to fix my friends Audio problem. Only his right speaker works. I've tried using his speakers on 2 other pc's no problem and it worked no problem. I looked for the obvious things like the left and right balance but It's all centered. I uninstalled and reinstalled the real tek 97 driver, but the same thing. I'm thinking maybe he needs a different driver but I don't know because his pc is old. Any suggestions?

specs:

Hp Pavilion A700y
P4 2.80ghz
windows xp Sp3
home edition

A:Sound only works out of 1 Speaker

Maybe the speaker input contacts are only reading the right speaker connector. Try pulling the plug slightly out. Try a different set of speakers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-only-works-out-of-1-speaker-569181.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys,

Just for reference, I am running Windows XP Home, SP2

For the longest time, only my left speaker (and the bass speaker) played sound. If I turned it up really loud and put my ear close, I could hear sound coming from the right speaker.

So I just figured the left speaker was broken. Found some different speakers around the house, plugged those in, and same thing. Only the left speaker works.

I have tried numerous things. When I put a headphone set into the speaker jack in the comp, the right ear is all distorted and soft. I have checked my speaker settings to make sure they are set to Desktop Stereo. I have opened Volume Control and made sure everything is balanced.

I have no idea what to do now because obviously it is not the speakers themselves that are the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick

A:Only Left Speaker Works

hi,
try this
click start, then run, type mmsys.cpl
click on speaker volume button underneath
make sure left and right are to full or high
click ok
make sure the device volume is alow high.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/only-left-speaker-works-363439.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there, I'm new here, and I hoped I could get some advice on an annoying issue.

The problem I'm having is: whenever my headphones are connected to my P.C, they work fine. Until recently, the same happened with my speakers.

However, when I plugged them in one day, sound only came out of the left speaker, with nothing coming from the right. I tried switching the plugs around, and it resulted in sound coming out of the right, but not the left, so I know it isn't a problem with my speakers (or at least not the units themselves)

Whenever I do a sound test, sound only comes out when I click the left speaker. I'm confused because if I plug in my headphones (in the same slot as the speakers) they work in stereo without any setting changes.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Only 1 Speaker Works at a time

If both your speakers and your head phones have intermittent faults it could be the socket you are plugging them in to, or a break in the wiring at the plug. Can you try the head phones in some thing else and wiggle the wire near the plug to see if it is faulty and if it proves to be OK then plug it into the computer and rotate the plug slightly to see if you can get both speakers working (I have to do this with my head phones some times).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/only-1-speaker-works-at-a-time-190757.html
Relevancy 55.04%

my friend has a 2.1 speaker system and his plugged it all in and only one side works. Everything was checked but the day before he installed the speakers, he did something to the motherboard. he took these 2 blue jacks of the board.
Could that have been the problem or something else.

Please help me friend please.

A:One side of speaker works

First of all the speakers could be blown therefore sound only comming from one side. Second of all it would depend on Which jumpers were taken out. Have you tried another set of speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-side-of-speaker-works.27997/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just reinstalled Windows XP and I ve updated it to SP My audio but from not Sound works speakers headphones hardware is a Sound Blaster Audigy ZS card I reinstalled all the device drivers from the Dell resource CD as well as Sound works from headphones but not speakers downloaded the latest driver for the audio card plus I got the AC- codec as well No sound comes from the speakers which are hooked up correctly When I run diagnostics and tests Windows seems Sound works from headphones but not speakers to miss the fact that it s not coming through the speakers I know there s no problem with the hardware as it functions just fine when I run linux The strange thing is that the sound works fine when I plug the headphones into the jack I had originally thought it was the Multimedia Audio Controller problem so many other people seemed to have when reinstalling Windows but after installing the Dell drivers and updating the Sound Blaster one the Multimedia Audio Controller isn t in the quot Other Drivers quot tab with a big question mark next to it so that doesn t seem to be the issue Then someone told me he had a similar problem and was able to fix it by going into Setup and enabling audio which Sound works from headphones but not speakers I tried but it was already enabled So I m stumped Any ideas I m running a Dell Dimension with a Sound Blaster Audigy ZS card Windows XP currently Service Pack nbsp

A:Sound works from headphones but not speakers

I'd hazard the guess that the problem still lies in the audio settings under XP inasmuch that the mic-in/headphone-out setting differs to mic-in/speakers out. Don't know your hardware but found on mine that I had to use a different audio (mini) jack-out for the speakers and then change audio settings. Do you have some additional output-mini jacks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-works-from-headphones-but-not-speakers.730188/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have tried looking for this information online but I just can't seem to find what I want.
I have finely finished building my gaming computer this morning so after while of setting it up and getting drivers I decided to talk to my friend on there. But when I did this I plugged my mike in the front panel connectors and the mic worked fine but nothing came out of the headphones?

After looking online I think it is something to do with the 'HD AUDIO' or the 'AC'97' I don't know what else it could be?

If anyone has any clue in what the problem could be? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-coming-out-of-headphones-but-mic-works.1040526/
Relevancy 54.61%

It works fine with speakers, but with ANY headphone I try it only works in the right earphone. I've tried multiple inputs with the same result, I don't know what's happened.

A:Sound only works in right earphone on ALL headphones

One thing that comes to mind, which is probably not related, but worth a check -

Are these headphones designed for Apple products? I know a lot of headphones are designed this way these days and Apple slightly modify the standard plug which can mean unpredictable results

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/350809-sound-only-works-right-earphone-all-headphones.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My friend's laptop has a weird problem It was running vista fine sound worked and everything One day the internal speakers randomly stopped emitting any sound However they do make sound effect sounds while the computer is booting so they're not broken I figured it was a software problem so he just reformatted and installed Same problem Makes the booting up noises quot Gamers Republic BOOM quot obviously coming from the internal speakers Once into windows in the HD control panel it shows as something being plugged into only headphones ext.speakers Sound with works or the green analog input but nothing Sound only works with headphones or ext.speakers is plugged in So no matter what windows is detecting that he has speakers plugged into his laptop so it refuses to use his internal speakers His only option is to use headphones external speakers Drivers are up to date Any ideas PC - Asus G vt OS - Windows RC bit Ram - gigs CPU - honestly no idea Core duo something Sound - quot Realtek HD Audio quot That's all I know

A:Sound only works with headphones or ext.speakers

Quote: Originally Posted by Melee54

My friend's laptop has a weird problem. It was running vista fine, sound worked and everything. One day, the internal speakers randomly stopped emitting any sound. However, they do make sound effect sounds while the computer is booting... so they're not broken.

I figured it was a software problem, so he just reformatted and installed 7. Same problem. Makes the booting up noises, "Gamers Republic... BOOM", obviously coming from the internal speakers. Once into windows, in the HD control panel, it shows as something being plugged into the green analog input, but nothing is plugged in. So, no matter what, windows is detecting that he has speakers plugged into his laptop so it refuses to use his internal speakers.

His only option is to use headphones / external speakers.

Drivers are up to date.

Any ideas?

It's an Asus G50v.

hey
we could use a whole bunch more info like OS, ram, audio, what drivers 32 bit or 64, etc.

Happy to help

waiting for info

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/14479-sound-only-works-headphones-ext-speakers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dell Inspiron E1505 w/Windows XP (Media Center Edition)

Two days ago my computer was on, I was using it sporadically, and in the middle of the day the speakers stopped working. Everything is unmuted, including the button in front. I looked at some forums here saw the suggestion to try headphones. I can hear all sounds w/headphones, so it's pretty much just an external issue.. I reloaded all the audio drivers last night.. what now?

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------

Edit: I just unplugged headphones from the jack and now the external speakers are working. Everything is fine. So.... yeah. *sigh* If only things could be more logical...

A:Solved: Sound only works with headphones

Welcome to the TSG forums...

OK, so you got this nailed down without any help from here... NOW, you can log in again, then use the "Thread Tools" option (near the top of the page) to mark this thread as "SOLVED"... logically, you MUST be logged in to access the Thread Tools...

Whereabouts in RI? I have friends who went to school there (Brown, URI, PC)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-only-works-with-headphones.646147/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys this is my first post in a while. I wanted to ask the folks at BP to help me before i take it in, but i need help with my speaker problems: My speakers have been working weird lately i kept having to wiggle the line and it got worse and now you cant even hear the left speaker. I've reinstalled the driver and checked the cables but it's not working anymore someone please help.

A:Right Speaker Works But Left One Has A Very Low Volume

Sounds like a bad speaker jack. Is this a laptop or desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162380/right-speaker-works-but-left-one-has-a-very-low-volume/
Relevancy 54.61%

i have had these speakers for about two years now, i know bolivar speaker works was bought by JBL back in the 70's and they stopped making speaker in like 85. in one of the speakers the tweeter isn't working, i took it out to make should it was pluged in and tired to see if it worked in the other speaker but it didn't so i need a replacement and i cant find one nowhere

A:Bolivar speaker works Model 18

Did you just try to find one by JBL that was the same size? You might wanna check on that... I will check a little and let you know if I find anything, but your best bet would probably be to look for a same size tweeter and replace both sides so they sound the same...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bolivar-speaker-works-model-18.109455/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

I have a dell windows 8.1. Everything has been fine for a long time and now... no sound. I must admit to never really understanding how sound works on my laptop. After some fiddling around I managed to get some sound - but only when speakers are plugged into the headphone socket. Now my PC controls make no difference to the volume. I think the ss below suggests that I want the sound to go through the 'speakers headphones' but the sound level meter says its using the communications headphones.
This is what I have for my sound card.

The same happens when I stream audio - only works if headphones connected and no control over the column from pc.

Lastly, when I right click on the top one and click test it says 'failed to play test tone'

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

E

A:sound only works with headphones - no control over volume

The first thing I see is you do not have the correct sound driver. You only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed High Definition Audio Codec (Driver).

First step is to install the correct hardware sound driver. Not enough system spec's provided so I can't research what you need. If its a factory built PC, go to the PC vendor and download the Win 8.1 driver. If its custom built, go to the motherboard vendor for the driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/70789-sound-only-works-headphones-no-control-over-volume.html
Relevancy 54.18%

This is a Latitude D610. After re-installation I did the drivers, updated everything, then included the software Quickset which gave me control of the volume up, down, and mute button on the laptop itself. This isn't a big deal but just curious, it controls the speakers just fine but not when the headphones are plugged in, then it does nothing at all.

Which is odd as I figured the master volume would be effected as it was before the reinstall. I scanned all the volume options that I could think of to check and even switched the audio profile from speakers to headphones. No go for me. If you have any suggestions or insights, thank you in advance.

I'm running Windows XP with service pack 3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402097/audio-buttons-works-on-speakers-but-not-headphones/
Relevancy 53.75%

Before I connected to the Internet my laptop has worked fine but once I Log in seems like the setting got messed up because speaker themselves are in good condition. When try play games, see you tube or listen to any mp3 its totally no sound. Anybody can help or advise?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lappie-speaker-not-works-once-logged-in-to-the-internet.702678/
Relevancy 53.75%

no sound from my laptop speakers but headphone works. I have been reading so many forums in online to solve this problem but i couldn't solve this one. Someone help me to solve this one please. I am using hp pavilion "notebook-15-ab216tx with windows10 64bit"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-from-my-Laptop-speaker-but-Headphone-works/td-p/5636546
Relevancy 53.75%

I know this problem may have been posted several times but in each post I never found the solution to my problem So now here's the rundown I have Windows Home Premium bit with have many the I common left speaker Only solutions tried works, a Realtek HD Audio sound card Whenever I use several headphones in Only the left speaker works, I have tried many common solutions the front jack they all work perfectly fine However whenever I have my speakers I tried using different pairs of speakers to make sure it wasn't just one pair being affected SECURELY inserted into the back green port of my computer there is sound only coming from the left speaker while the right speaker is playing absolutely no sound This happened to both pairs of speakers that I own I have tried the following and none worked - Update drivers - Disable speaker and then enable - Switching from back jack to front jack vice versa - Balancing so that both L and R sounds are at an equal level None of these common solutions that I found on this site have worked Anyone know what's going on

A:Only the left speaker works, I have tried many common solutions

When you test the speakers, do you disconnect the headset? But you do know both channels are working, at least on the front ports.

Is this a installed card or one on the motherboard?

Does the Realtek mixer panel show the speakers plugged in?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/246090-only-left-speaker-works-i-have-tried-many-common-solutions.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys...          I'm using a HP laptop and Windows 7 OS. Several days ago I found that my laptop buit in speaker is not working.Before this problem occured, I played a DVD and it  produced a poor sound from laptop speaker. Now  I can't hear any sound from laptop speaker. But I can hear sound well through headphones.  I checked PLAYBACK Settings.  This how playback setting appears even when I plug Headphones in to the laptop. I can't see any option/setting for headphones. Only for speakers and headphones are working under this speaker option/mode. I'm really really confused with this problem. Does my laptop still run on Headphone mode...? If so how can i fix it?        Guys....Can someone please help me to solve this problem...please....!! thnks.

A:No Sound from my laptop speaker but Headphone works....

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Sound-from-my-laptop-speaker-but-Headphone-works/td-p/2990137
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone,

I have Sony Vaio CW26. Yesterday Sound stopped working from Speaker, it's still working from headphones. I tried to restore the system but the farther point I found was done 3 hours ago......

anyway, I found out too that the USB port ( which is next to the audio output) is not working too.

I checked the Device Manager and nothing is wrong, any ideas?

thanx.

A:Sound won't work form Speakers but works in headphones

Hi Ezom and welcome to SF!
That is most likely no driver problem. The way you described it makes me think it's a hardware issue.
Inside the headphone jack is a "micro switch that cuts the connection to the build in speakers as soon as anything is plugged in there. Sometimes those switches get stuck (especially if one uses headphone jacks that are slightly thicker than 3.5mm.
You could try plug/unplug the headphones (or a similar plug) several times to "unstuck" the switch

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/129779-sound-wont-work-form-speakers-but-works-headphones.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I've got a Thinkpad T s Windows here and it's acting strangely Namely if I play a clip through the speakers, headphones Sound works but through not coming with laptop laptop's speakers I hear no sound but when I plug the headphones everything works nice and neat One thing I noticed is that computer actually recognises the sound because the volume mixer application at the lower right tray and it's volume bar shows me the green indicators jumping up and down as the music plays Of course Sound not coming through laptop speakers, but works with headphones I've tried reinstalling the drivers I've uninstalled the audio device in Device Manager and restarted the computer And yes the obvious things are also checked - nothing the applications is Sound not coming through laptop speakers, but works with headphones muted in the volume mixer default device is correct under playback devices Some have reported on the web that it might help to use toothpick for example and quot un-jam the sensor quot but that didn't help either I've also tried booting up the newest Linux Mint has pretty good multimedia support from the USB and I heard no sound through speakers So I'm out of ideas here It looks more and more like a hardware fault but how can I be absolutely sure Thanks for helping out starsplash

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/402557-sound-not-coming-through-laptop-speakers-but-works-headphones.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Im having a problem with my old pair of Yamaha speakers. Im un aware of the model but it is an old one. Ive been having a problem with the left speaker giving no playback at low volume. The right plays fine all the time but the left speaker only starts to make sound once i got the a medium volume level. I tried using the balance nob but all it does it lower the volume of the right speaker when im at a low volume so that doesnt help. All the plugs and what not are in correctly and audio drivers are up to date. Ive tried lowering my default windows audio volume so that I have to put the speaker volume higher to achieve the same level of loudness but it doesnt work well either. Any fixes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538657/left-speaker-only-works-at-atleast-medium-volume/
Relevancy 53.32%

When I turned on my laptop this morning it started making a long loud static noise that would randomly pause for a few seconds then start back up again I tried playing music to see if that was affected and it came out garbled and fuzzy I updated my audio driver and for a while the problem seemed Normal Sound Works Random Speaker Static, entirely fixed Now the speakers emit a few seconds of static at Random Speaker Static, Normal Sound Works random intervals when all sound is off The loudness of the static is unaffected by changes to speaker volume Music plays Random Speaker Static, Normal Sound Works just fine for the most part but sometimes one speaker will turn off and back on again so the sound kind of jumps Right now the laptop has been behaving normally for about ten minutes but when static events start they kind of occur in groups that won t go away for a while My laptop is an Inspiron - it s less than two years Random Speaker Static, Normal Sound Works old and it recently updated to Windows without asking me first and has been a little bit glitchy ever since

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19984454
Relevancy 53.32%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 53.32%

Very often when I click on links my desktop goes absolutely nowhere. The link will change color as if it recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. The links are valid and working. My laptop has no problem opening these same links. Please help me if you know what is happening. I have searched my settings but I have not found an option to turn the links on or off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90677/some-links-arent-working/