Windows Support Forum

Power Settings for Screen Display aren't working

Q: Power Settings for Screen Display aren't working

Before I deleted the Lock Screen with password sign-in (I thought this might correct problem); that when I hit the Lock Screen to bring up the field to insert password that it would fade-out a bit. Shortly after my power settings were no longer taking hold and my PC desktop screen would stay on for all hours.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441235-power-settings-screen-display-arent-working.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Power Settings for Screen Display aren't working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.15%

I'm not well enough inform with computer tech aren't to getting Screen harder working settings read...AERO to know the proper terms so forgive my ignorance as I try to Screen getting harder to read...AERO settings aren't working describe my problem Thanks in advance Screen getting harder to read...AERO settings aren't working I only use this computer for personal and reference not for gaming I just need to be able to read the screen so there is probably a lot to this machine I don't need But it just started this weird fluttering onscreen like it is trying to adjust itself but never gets to that point It leaves me looking at trails of shadows after everything words picks stc on screen Windows Fix-it says it has something to do with the AERO settings and that my graphics card does not support it I have had this computer for almost years and I did not change any settings before this happened It started after having my computer in sleep mode for overnight and it starts up after having the computer on for a couple of minutes Also I probably need to learn more about updating drivers as I don't know if I do it correctly or if I am re-updating same driver twice Thanks for helping a little ol lady with a computer that's a lot bigger than her

A:Screen getting harder to read...AERO settings aren't working

Your graphics card might be dying. Not sure though. Does it say your drivers are not compatible or that your card is not compatible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360398-screen-getting-harder-read-aero-settings-arent-working.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have my power plan set to Energy Star with display brightness set around 40% when on battery and 100% when plugged in. It seems to get reset periodically to the default which 40% for both battery and plugged in. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce the problem but every few days the plugged in setting gets reset to 40%. Is this a known problem with Windows 7?

A:Power plan settings aren't persistent

Hello Goob, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I've had this happen to me on my laptop a few times as well. It seems to be either happening after a graphics driver update, or after some unknown Windows Update that seems to reset this setting.

You might check your Windows Updates history to see if something has been installed when it happens next to see if you notice the same thing or not.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140613-power-plan-settings-arent-persistent.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I am having trouble with the Power Plan Settings The default settings were not what I wanted so I have tried to change them several times I chose NEVER on all options saved them and even rebooted a couple times The settings in Ctrl Panel stay at what I changed them to but the computer does not recognize them It continually goes to sleep display goes down after minute of being idle I tried contacting the Live Chat explained my issues told her what I had already done and now was contacting them She didn't ask me any questions other than what I had done to troubleshoot and sent New Computer/Win aren't Plan settings recognized 7, Power me to a link that explains what I already knew and done several times No help at New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized all I've been searching for help on the net New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized and finally found this forum I am hoping that someone here has had the same issues and knows what I can do It also won't accept my change requiring a password when I sign into the computer I don't want to have to sign in changed that to NO but it still requires a password I also made sure my windows has all the updates Thanks for any help Nothing worse than reading in an idle mode only to have the screen New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized go down after minute requiring I sign back in Kathy

A:New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized

Do you have any bloatware of third party programs that might be set to mess with screen settings?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Please Run sfc /scan now using option 2 in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please post back the results.
Please indicate what message was displayed at the end:

Windows found no integrity violations

OR

Corrupt files were found, and windows was unable to fix them.

OR

Corrupt files were found, and windows successfully repaired them

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/338908-new-computer-win-7-power-plan-settings-arent-recognized.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello my friends ! My sister got a new headset,the Medusa NX 5.1 Surround Sound . It wasn't working on her laptop,so as a good brother that I am,I decided to help her. I plugged them in,and they didn't work. I was messing around with the settings in ''Sounds'' and ''Volume Control Center''. They finnaly started working,but my speakers aren't anymore. When I start a song,the bar at the bottom right corner is green,which indicates that it's working,but the sound isn't coming out of the speakers.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,my friends !! )

A:Logitech Speakers Aren't Working After Changing Some Settings !

Have a look at the Playback tab in Sound and see if the speakers are enabled.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/300261-logitech-speakers-arent-working-after-changing-some-settings.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I just installed a new motherboard power supply cpu etc I ve done this many times before and am quite perplexed at why my hard drive is not running My cdrom has the light on is getting power but it s not blinking Usually when this happens it s aren't and Hard power drive working have but cdrom because I ve gotten the IDE cable wacky in the wrong direction but I ve checked these things over and over My new cpu is working as is its fan and the power supply fan is also running I ve plugged in everything the way I always do but am getting nowhere but frustrated The reason I replaced these things was Hard drive and cdrom have power but aren't working because I got this static when I turned on my computer and it wouldn t boot Originally I unplugged the floppy and the static stopped and it worked for a couple of hours So logically I thought of the power supply Put that in still got the static so figured it was the connector on the motherboard So I ordered the new motherboard with the proper cpu fan and it all seems to be alive except my hard drive isn t running it does have heat warmth from the power however I m trying to be specific enough for you to help me Thank you so much in advance Sincerely Meli nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d6a87b2e-e53d-4aa4-a40e-ce1dce08e651/keys-arent-working-correctlyusing-on-screen-keyboard?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 66.65%

b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.

A:keys aren't working correctly(Using on screen keyboard)

Sounds like it could be a mechanical fault Keyboards work as a matrix of switches and if there is a problem with the interconnections it can sometimes cause apparently random failures such as yours. If you were getting the wrong characters I would suspect a software issue, (which of cause it still may be),

My best advice is to see if you can find a local Tech that gives free estimates for repairs and let them diagnose it for you, if you were dealing with a desktop it would be a simple swap out of the keyboard but laptops are not that easy to either get at the keyboard to check/change or to pick up a keyboard for testing.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74553-keys-arent-working-correctly-using-screen-keyboard.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Whenever I use any media player (windows, realplayer etc), my monitor will not go to standby in 10 minutes as I specified in my power settings after I stop using the computer and close all programs. If I log off of windows and log back on, the monitor will go to standby in 10 minutes again. Or if I go to display properties and reselect the standby time I want and apply the settings, the monitor will go to standby in 10 mins again until I use a media player and then I must do the above again every time.

A:graphics display power settings

those settings are set to put your monitor on standby after 10 minutes of your computer being inactive.
So if you have media player open, and playing music, it is not inactive, so it will think you are still using the computer, therefore it won't put the monitor on standby.

Do you just want to play music while your going to sleep or something? there are some programs you can download to shutdown/restart/change to standby mode at a specified time. This might be kind of what you are looking for?

Try this(its free): http://www.softplatz.com/Soft/Utilities/Network-Utilities/Manage-PC-Shutdown.html
Its called shutdown manager or something like that, but it gives you the option to make it automatically go on standby mode or hybernate, or shutdown entirely, at a specified time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-display-power-settings.934083/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all I have Samsung Displays in my room that is connected with my PC is a Question! and Display Consumption Settings Power Samsung LCD Monitor that has native x resolution and the nd one is a new Samsung LED Monitor that has a native x resolution that is just connected with my PS which I hardly use Now as I have noticed the power Display Settings and Power Consumption Question! consumption of my LCD is watts typical and LED is watts typical on official specs on the website I have a small factor UPS connected to my PC as we have frequent power outages black Display Settings and Power Consumption Question! outs in our country and I was wonder if I swap both displays Display Settings and Power Consumption Question! and connect the LED with my PC it will save at approx watts straight according to the official specs also not that the LED comes with a v adapter So will it help Also if I swap display will it shuffle my desktop settings as in icons gadgets etc just asking out of curiosity as I have some custom settings on the desktop which I don't want to mess around with for a time being

A:Display Settings and Power Consumption Question!

Ok BB mate I think as long as the machine's hardware supports the LED monitor / screen then there should not be an issue. Now that does seem like a fairly low res for monitors these days - any reason??

I don't see why the icons should be shuffled around either because the machine is generating them not the monitor that is receiving the signal.

Now you mention the LED does not come with a 12v adaptor and I ma wondering why that should be an issue as long as it is powered from somewhere it should have no relevance to it operating normally.

It is good though that you save on the power and I guess you know already but it is due to the use of LED's to light the screen as opposed to a fluorescent tube/s. Again you probably know already that the current draw of an LED is typically very small compared to other forms of lighting.
This very simplistic but to the point Difference Between LED & LCD | eHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350411-display-settings-power-consumption-question.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Does it actually turn off the GPU, or just the output of the GPU to the monitor so that your monitor turns off by itself.

So if your computer sits idle with a high-end GPU, will is still waste electricity from the GPU churning? Or only the CPU is working?

A:Does the Power Options Display settings turn off the GPU

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2008/04/revisiting-how-much-power-does-my-laptop-really-use.html

very interesting to read

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-the-power-options-display-settings-turn-off-the-gpu.937295/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently using an Asus Notebook G72GX series with Windows 7 Home Premium. This computer uses Kaspersky Antivirus 2011.

Not long ago, I misspelled a URL that sent me to a suspicious looking webpage. From that point forward, I began receiving fake survey popups on legitimate websites like "Forbes" and even Kaspersky.com. Shortly after, my computer starting having a mind of its own. For example, my power options keep changing. Every time I make a change (even setting it to default), it reverts back at start up. Sometimes I can't change the plan at all. The same goes for my display settings.

Now Firefox is giving me "untrusted" warnings on safe sites, indicating that my browser may have been hijacked. These all sound like classic virus/malware symptoms but my antivirus is detecting NOTHING.
What should I do? Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-hijacked-pc-display-power-settings-keep-changing.1002611/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've just installed a "GateKeeper" (www.gkchain.com) which locks/unlocks the desktop based on my proximity to my desktop PC.

It works beautifully, but is a little odd when my display has gone into power saving mode whilst the desktop is locked... I approach the PC, and the desktop unlocks, and is ready for use, but the display stays blank as it is in power saving mode. I have to move the mouse (or press a key, perhaps) before I can see what I'm doing.

Is there some way to automatically bring the display out of power saving mode whenever there's a transition from locked to unlocked? I suspect this won't be possible, as there's probably no API for the power-saving mechanism. I certainly can't find any settings in power management that would control this behaviour.

A:Tying the display power settings with the lock/unlock functions.

No settings in GateKeeper? You can ask them if no one here knows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370239-tying-display-power-settings-lock-unlock-functions.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I recently tried to change my wallpaper by going through the the display properties and whenever i try to select any picture it wont update my back round picture, it just stays the same. I even tried to reboot my computer and try to change my wallpaper but still nothing. I don't know what is going on but I need some serious help, if anyone knows how i can resolve this problem please help,.

Thank You.

Relevancy 61.06%

I use Performance mode, and set it to NEVER turn off ANYTHING, including the monitor.

I hit apply, etc etc.

It will hold this setting for a while, then after a reboot, or turning off at night, it loses this setting, and reverts to turn off monitor after 20 minutes.

Why is Windows 7 doing this?

BTW, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Signature Edition is what I am using.

A:Power settings in Win 7 not working?

Go into "change advanced power settings" where you choose to never turn off the monitor. Scroll down and make sure the "display" (and anything else...HD, etc...) setting is "never" there also. Be logged on as administrator when doing this.

I have noticed this setting not following what I set on a clients machine. That fixed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39044-power-settings-win-7-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have my screensaver set to come on after 15 mins. of inactivity and my power saving setting set to turn off monitor after 30 mins. but the monitor will not shut off as it is set to. I have tried changing the settings back and forth to no avail. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-settings-not-working.113330/
Relevancy 61.06%

I set my laptop to turn off its monitor after 5 minutes. However, it only actually does that once in a while when plugged in. Why does it work sometimes and not others?

A:Power settings not working

Bump

Is there something running in the background that I'm not aware of?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-settings-not-working.595192/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running win7 7000 x64 on a quad core intel box. Most things have been working great but I have been having one annoying problem, the screensaver won't start, and neither will the power saving settings (i.e. turning off monitor, computer sleep)

Basically I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and figured out what software or hardware could be causing it or if anyone knows of a tool to check what input is keeping the computer out of the idle state.

A:Screensaver and Power settings not working

With build 7000 you may need to find updated drivers for your chipset for this to work.

Alternatively, you could upgrade to 7048 or a newer build (7068 seems to be getting votes for the most stable, and 7077 as well)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6980-screensaver-power-settings-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone My screensaver and power setting to turn off the display has stopped working and these were working the other day The only thing I have changed is I updated iTunes I have tried a system settings 8.1 and Screensaver not power working are in Win restore to before this and this did not fix this Among other things I have Screensaver and power settings are not working in Win 8.1 tried a clean boot sfc and checking the energy report Clean boot did nothing and sfc gave no errors I uploaded my energy report if any one thinks it could be useful I also tried to put the PC into sleep which I don't normally do and it woke up a little while later That gave me the following error in event viewer The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers MTRRs across a sleep state transition S This can result in reduced resume performance I tried searching around for additional tips but could not find anything helpful Can anyone help me figure what is causing this

A:Screensaver and power settings are not working in Win 8.1

In installed Updates in Windows Update if you see KB2756872, uninstall it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49597-screensaver-power-settings-not-working-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I made the Display screen settings too large, and as a result, I can't access the Advance button at the bottom of the window to change the settings back to normal (16 colors). The window covers the whole screen. How can I resize the window so I can reset the settings?

[Edited by howard215 on 04-01-2001 at 02:32 PM]

A:Display screen settings

Restart in safe mode, do this by tapping F8 at startup till you hear a beep, then go in and change your resolution and reboot, that should do it...Rhett

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-screen-settings.41009/
Relevancy 59.77%

I keep my screen resolution @ 800x600. When I shut down and restart, my screen fills to only 3/4 of screen. I need to change resolution to a smaller size and then go back to 800x600 to get back to where I want to be.

What can I do to correct this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-settings-screen-resolution.581454/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have a virus that is taking control of the VDU and changing the settings contrast language size of window position of window etc I ve run crap cleaner A and Spybot but nothing has been reveiled Here is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Screen Changing Display Settings LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program Display Screen Settings Changing files common files mcafee Display Screen Settings Changing mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Display Screen Settings Changing Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files NoteBurner VTBurnerGUI exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Gold Calendar Calendar exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell co uk myway R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-screen-settings-changing.759073/
Relevancy 59.77%

ive messed up the buttons on my monitor is there anyway to default the display settings using the mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-screen-display-settings.708701/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m new here First post I hope I m in the right place When I right click on the desktop and select properties there are no tabs available only a drop down box that allows me to change themes Details It happened after a Screen display settings missing? tab crash one night where I told it to shut down and found it still hung the next morning I forced a reboot and it wouldn t start due to a missing vgaoem fon file I think that was the name I used the xp disk and Screen display settings tab missing? extracted the file but it only ran it like x the X video card showed a problem so I removed and reinstalled and the device manager said it was working properly But I couldn t Screen display settings tab missing? get to the resolution settings so I was still screwed I ended up using a restore point from days earlier and the resolution went back to the old setting Whew and I can see a normal screen again However Still no display setting Screen display settings tab missing? tabs I can only change themes Workaround I have recently discovered that If I change to a different theme and select quot apply quot it will not only change the theme but also make the other tabs appear and work However after making a change and then selecting quot ok quot to close the window when I go back it only shows theme drop down box again Equipment Dell E with a T chip at Radeon Mobility X Hi res screen Gb hard drive ram dvd burner Ideas Any help would be appreciated Thanks from a new guy nbsp

A:Screen display settings tab missing?

Hi,

Try this first:

Go to Start => Run and type in (or copy/paste):

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
There is a space before and after the /i parameter.

Repeat the process with this:

regsvr32 desk.cpl
There is a space after regsvr32

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-display-settings-tab-missing.548734/
Relevancy 59.77%

I keep my screen resolution @ 800x600. When I shut down and restart, my screen fills to only 3/4 of screen. I need to change resolution to a smaller size and then go back to 800x600 to get back to where I want to be.

What can I do to correct this?

A:Display Settings-Screen Resolution

When you have it at 800x600, press the buttons on the front of your monitor to set it right.
Menu, Mode, Vertical, Horizontal something like that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-settings-screen-resolution-160862.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a laptop and I like to plug in a full-size keyboard and use a flat screen monitor at my desk at home and work That all works fine except for the display settings I select the flat screen monitor as the only one in use and close the laptop lid but the image on the flat screen is exactly the size of the screen on my laptop wasting a lot of space and defeating the purpose of using a larger monitor So I go to display settings and make the changes needed to use the full flat screen However doing so Settings Screen Display on Alternate completely messes up the settings on the laptop and I am getting really tired of having to completely reconfigure every time I go from the flat screen home and office to the laptop traveling Can Windows save the settings for each display device and allow me to toggle between them Even better since it recognizes the device when it's plugged in can it toggle automatically

A:Display Settings on Alternate Screen

It works fine on my brothers HP laptop. When you connect the HDMI, click on action center and then click on "project" Then make sure you select "second screen only". If it's just cloning your main display it will use the resolution from the main display.
Your Hdmi cable/tv may also not support transmitting the necessary info for the video card to change the resolution. But in any event you can go to display settings/advanced display settings to set it there. There's no real saving unless you install a driver for your tv. Everything is typically done via hdmi communication.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439250-display-settings-alternate-screen.html
Relevancy 58.91%

The settings for my monitor, under properties/Display Properties/Settings/Screen Resolution was changed so badly that the monitor now flashes an error notice and I cannot access anything except to hard boot the computer off and try to re-enter the BIOS/Delete at startup...

How can I reset the screen resolution/settings on display properties when I am not able to access the main screen to bring up the display properties?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

A:Display Properties/Settings/Screen Resolution

To change your display back to its original configuration, you need to reboot in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode and reset the display, follow the steps below:

While your computer is booting, follow the appropriate instructions for your version of Windows:

In Windows 2000 and XP, when the Power On Self Test is complete (after the first time you hear the computer beep), press and hold the F8 key.
In Windows 98 and Me, when the Power On Self Test is complete (after the first time you hear the computer beep), press and hold the Ctrl key.
In Windows 95, press and hold the F8 key after "Starting Windows 95" appears on a black background.

Select the option to boot in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, go to the display settings by right-clicking the desktop and then clicking the Settings tab. Then you can change the display settings back to the original configuration.

To restore the correct settings, shut down and restart the computer by clicking Start and selecting Shut Down, then Restart, then OK.

THIS IS TAKEN FROM http://kb.iu.edu/data/agjg.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-properties-settings-screen-resolution-305298.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Screen Saver is Disabled in Display settings, If I try enabling in control Panel-> Display. Even Iam not able to do. Can some one Suggest the Solution.

A:Screen Saver is Disabled in Display settings

It sounds like the screen saver is blocked by Group Policy. Is this computer connected to a domain, or a workgroup/standalone PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-saver-is-disabled-in-display-settings.878333/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have windows 8.1 laptop.when i check,its not showing secondary screen in display settings.
How do i Fix it? is it something wrong in my windows files?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/68513-not-showing-secondary-screen-display-settings.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

can anybody tell me how to set the power options which are valid
at the w2k logon screen?
I played around with registry keys for the default user and also with the
power settings in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, but I did not succeed.

I want the computer to be automativally put into standby mode when it is at the logon screen for some amount of time.

-tschoo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-settings-at-logon-screen-in-w2k.291347/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi allI am having big Help Huge Resolution Settings - Display Graphics Screen / problems with getting the display settings or screen resolution settings correct Actually not sure if I am on the right track or not All the graphics are really big and clicking on quot forums or Topics quot etc in this forum don't work Additionally that when typing the letters on screen they are not instant like normal but take quite a Display Settings / Screen Resolution Help - Graphics Huge while to catch-up even as I'm typing now it's taking ages and is soooo frustrating Note This is in Firefox only - and not in IE Also when clicking on the start menu it gives a message that not all start menu items can be displayed and that I must choose a higher screen resolution My current Display Settings are Generic PnP monitor on Mobile Intel reg Express Chipset Other Option is the Default Monitor Resolution x I went into troubleshooting but it said that the current display drivers don't allow changes to hardware acceleration settings Please see my signature below for my O S etcMany thanks all check out the size of this smiley

A:Display Settings / Screen Resolution Help - Graphics Huge

Weird. It seems that you definitely have the wrong resolution.
Sorry if I am asking you old stuff but. Did you set the resolution through:
Right click desktop/personalize - Display setiings -
With your card, I would say also that you could set it to 72, although that is not a factor with your problem.

ANother area you might want to look in is Control panel/Ease of access(I'm using the Control panel -classic view) Look under "make the computer easier to see" Look particularly under "make things on the screen larger" It should be on 96DPI.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111358/display-settings-screen-resolution-help-graphics-huge/
Relevancy 58.48%

All of my Idle settings take effect despite not being idle nbsp I have set my power managment settings to turn off my screen after being idle for minutes Rather than display, ef... etc.) Idle settings Saver, take (Screen turn off turning the Idle settings (Screen Saver, turn off display, etc.) take ef... screen off after being idle for minutes the screen turns off every minutes regardless of whether or not I've been idle The screen immediately comes back on as it typically turns off in the middle of my typing an email or a forum post I have tried this on various time settings as low as a minute and as high as minutes nbsp It seems that my Idle settings (Screen Saver, turn off display, etc.) take ef... system activity is not recognized i e my typing and mouse usage unless the system is specifically looking for activity such as when the power management system has taken affect and the screen saver has come on or the display shuts down etc This isn't a huge deal except that when my settings included going to my lock screen I had to put my credentials in every time that the system shut off the display nbsp I've read the solutions that suggest setting all of my power managmeent options to never This is simply not an acceptable solution If I am using my computer in a public place and I get up to get a cup of coffee I want my computer to lock itself after minutes of inactivity Additionally if I'm in the middle of taking notes at a lecture I want my display to shut down and conserve power after I have been idle for a time Simply telling the machine to never use its security and power saving functions does not fix the problem it simply kills my battery faster and makes the system less secure nbsp Thanks in advance for any assistance you all can render

A:Idle settings (Screen Saver, turn off display, etc.) take ef...

NWS106 I understand the problem, as my PCs seem to disregard the Power Options some times, too. Instead of turning off the PC, why not just Lock the screen:  http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/3-ways-to-lock-windows-10-computer.html That's what I do, and it only takes a couple of clicks. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Idle-settings-Screen-Saver-turn-off-display-etc-take-effect/td-p/5589903
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi..

I have an hp laptop model 6730B running windows XP pro.. I have two monitors attached to it through the dockign station
It works perfect.. I can set it to use both monitors or extend to the other monitor.. all perfect
But everytime the computer is switched off and on again.. it loses this setting and the display appears to clone similar on both screens.. so have to go on display settings and reset the display to "extend my desktop"

Any sugguestions???

Cheers
Ash

A:Display settings for dual screen on laptop HP 6730B

Ok.. got the fix for that one:
The user was actually opening the laptop to switch it on instead of switching it on from the docking station's power button and then closing it which was defaulting to the setting of using the laptop screen as main monitor.

I was remotely supporting this client which is sometimes not easy.. lol

thanks anyways

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279979-display-settings-dual-screen-laptop-hp-6730b.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Basically I'm trying to get rid of the delay between pressing a key and being able to use the mouse When I pressing keys I can't use the mouse at the same time - there is a short delay until the touchpad kicks into action Very annoying when playing games I fixed it before but since updating the driver it's a problem again I went to settings gt devices gt mouse amp touchpad and underneath quot Touchpad quot it says quot To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type change the delay before clicks work quot I changed it from quot Medium delay quot to quot No delay always on quot I thought this is what I did to fix it before but maybe I'm wrong Doing that hasn't seemed to make a single bit of difference even after Settings taking aren't effect restarting a couple of times I messed around a bit and noticed that when I tried something as simple as changing the primary mouse button from the left to the right that didn't change either Even after restarting But the strange Settings aren't taking effect thing is that when I go back to settings it's still showing up that it is changed AKA the right mouse button still set as the primary button - despite the fact that the left is still working as the primary and the right is still right-clicking Which leads me to believe that maybe changing the touchpad setting to quot No delay always on quot IS the right setting to fix my problem - but it just won't take effect Please help me it's driving me absolutely mad Especially as I imagine hope it's a simple fix I can't seem to see any quot apply quot button so I don't know what I'm doing wrong Please and thanks

A:Settings aren't taking effect

Hi, have a look at this:
Recently installed Windows 10. Can't move mouse while typing. - Windows 10 Forums

If I press a key, and hold it down, I can still move the cursor with the touchpad. Not changed any settings to do that though.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46222-settings-arent-taking-effect.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I changed the settings in my computer regarding display. I have tried right clicking on the screen and readjusting everything to where it should be. The problem I am having is my even online my email is blurry and the colors are off. The same thing with my pictures for instance Picasa. Everything is off with color and brilliance. I have tried to go back to System Restore and have done that. Really all I want to do is to go back to the default settings. How do I do that??? Thanks for any help!

A:How do I go back to Default Settings for my display/screen/internet etc. Appearance?

To start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, follow these steps:

Start your computer.
When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-go-back-to-default-settings-for-my-display-screen-internet-etc-appearance.1078981/
Relevancy 57.62%

This stoopid user had her computer crawling with viruses, opened the fotos.zip.exe file common in MSN messenger and an angelina jolie video.exe

ANyway... removd the viruses and all that but it also installed a desktop background about the computer being infected and that it needs an antivirus and anti spyware to be installed.

ALso the screensaver is set to some kind of blue screen of death, logon screen windows startup screens that fooled me for a bit thinking the computer had crashed.

I want to change the SS and desktop background but those options are disabled in the display settings.

Any way to re-activate them so I can change SS and background?

Thanks..
JC.

A:Screen saver and background settings disabled in display properties

Try system restore, or the forum usually suggest's this
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-saver-and-background-settings-disabled-in-display-properties-276815.html
Relevancy 57.62%

intermittent failure of saver and screen intermittent failure settings. of power screen saver and power off to activate Hi My Win Desktop computer unlike my laptop and other Win computers has a power and screen saver setup that at times never activates I have checked background processes and can't understand why at times it kicks in and other times I must reboot to get it to kick in It always works after intermittent failure of screen saver and power settings. a reboot as long as I do not use the computer Sometimes when I use it the screen saver and power setup will go on sometimes not My screen saver is not a rd party one and the same for the power settings They are the ones that part of the Win pro Os Has anyone ever heard of this What do you suggest Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you very much for any possible solutions sincerely Miles P S I have done a SFC scannow and no problems were found I also checked my Lan Driver Properties to make sure the box was unchecked for waking up the computer P S S My Computer is a Win Pro with an i rd generation Intel GHZ CPU with GB of DDR Ram and a TB SSD HD P S S S All Drivers Have Been Updated

A:intermittent failure of screen saver and power settings.

Would someone please read my above post, and if possible, offer me some advice regarding my screensaver, etc.?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Miles

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/348432-intermittent-failure-screen-saver-power-settings.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Just curious if anyone knows of a quick way to change the power settings and/or screen saver without having to right click on desktop and choose properties. It's not that it's that hard to do it this way, but I was curious if there was some utility or batch file that could be created to quickly switch between settings.

A:Quickly Change Power Settings & Screen Saver

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quickly-change-power-settings-screen-saver.141081/
Relevancy 56.76%

I use a Logitech M310 wireless mouse on my Win 7 computer, and I prefer a fast speed. So I typically right click on my desktop and then go to the Personalize screen. From there I click on Change Mouse Pointers, Pointer Options, and then I select a fast pointer speed.

But each time I restart my computer, my fast pointer speed is lost and I'm back to where it started at medium speed.

How can I get my mouse settings to save? My settings for Desktop Background and Screen Saver are saved, but not my mouse pointer speed. Thanks in advance.......

A:Wireless Mouse Settings Aren't Saved in Restart

Have you installed the Logitech mouse software, if not, go to the Logitech website & find the M310 mouse & locate the software download for it making sure you have either the 32 bit or 64 bit version that your Windows 7 is. Download it & then install it.

This will provide you with a program that you can use to customise your mouse settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397324-wireless-mouse-settings-arent-saved-restart.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello
How I can turn off all these buttons in lock screen (when I'm not logged in). I mean: network settings, power putton and ease of access.
I marked them by red color on image.
I don't want to anyone coud turn off or change my settings (like turn off wifi).

A:Turn off network settings and power button in lock screen

This icon will not come with me?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/349558-turn-off-network-settings-power-button-lock-screen.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone thanks for looking Im running into a particular problem that I cant seem to find the reasons or the settings I watch HBO GO i have a valid subscription on my Windows Home laptop and use an HDMI cable to connect my TV Scenerio If I leave the close the lid power option on hibernate I must leave the laptop open and when I connect the HDMI the TV it becomes my monitor and I view as the monitor and watch anything full screen no problem Scenerio I change the power option on the lid close to quot External when settings change Power change? display options do nothing quot When the HDMI cable is hooked up if the laptop is open it uses the laptop display External display settings change when Power options change? if its closed it displays through the HDMI TV This is perfect and exactly what I want I can watch as the monitor no problem HOWEVER if I choose full screen I get gray borders and the quot Full Screen quot is not full and just centered I can not for the life of me figure out why and Im going crazy Does anyone know why the power option would have an effect on this and what settings I could change Many Thanks in Advance Max nbsp

A:External display settings change when Power options change?

Check to see what resolution your laptop's display is at, what the external TV resolution is when you connect it to your laptop, and MAYBE what resolution the videos you're watching are. This just sounds like a resolution issue. If the TV is at a larger resolution than your laptop's resolution, change the TV's resolution to the size your laptop is at. Then try watching a video to see what happens. Hope this helps.
-Lance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-display-settings-change-when-power-options-change.1043683/
Relevancy 56.33%

I sucessfully completed building my computer. Fan finally works, but nothing on the screen appears (i was expecting the BIOS screen to appear). I double checked the cables, they're all in place. I tried disconecting everything but the CPU, CPU Fan, RAM, and video card, but the BIOS screen will not come up. What's up? Please help me! I spent a lot of money on this system and I of course want it to work!

A:Just built new computer, BIOS screen won't display after power up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-built-new-computer-bios-screen-wont-display-after-power-up.386863/
Relevancy 55.9%

Three apps that I have not been getting notifications from since after the Windows 10 mobile anniversary update are windows central, kik, and espn. When I go into the notifications center in settings, they don't even show up for me to even customize the notifications for them.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436667-why-arent-some-my-apps-windows-10-mobile-showing-notification-center-settings.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I recently got a second monitor so I can work with two screens at once As I kind of expected I had to calibrate the monitors so their colors brightness and all everything else match each other But how much I may try I can't manage to calibrate them properly Worse both monitors seem to be calibrated from tests yet they still don't match It's hard to explain what the differences are so I included pictures of them in the attachments Take in mind that they're photo's from my phone since screenshots obviously wouldn't work The first one monitorDifference blackgrayOnSteam jpg is made by placing the steam same Dual colors/display aren't the showing monitors client over the two screens The left side is from the new monitor which seems to be more dark green and the right side is the old monitor which seems to be more light grey The second one are monitorDifference foxOld jpg old screen and monitorDifference foxNew jpg new screen which are from with a wallpaper The old one seems to be more dull and brighter while the new one seems to be more colorful warmer and darker Just for the sake of having enough information the old monitor is an Asus VH H which I have for almost two years and the new Dual monitors aren't showing the same colors/display one is a LG Flatron IPS which is just a few days old These differences aren't everywhere or not as noticeable but there are plenty things like the above two examples where the differences are big and annoying So the question is how can I fix this difference problem and make the monitors match properly

A:Dual monitors aren't showing the same colors/display

Are you using the sRGB colour profiles on both monitors?

It could be simply down to the age of the monitors - you probably didn't notice the changes with your old one until you hooked up your new one along side it. You might need to set the colour/brightness/contrast/temperature settings individually on one or both monitors to compensate for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278588-dual-monitors-arent-showing-same-colors-display.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all. I recently decided i was going to re-install XP. installed the beginning files, rebooted computer, and decided it was going to be more of a hastle than I thought. I started up windows regularly, and all was well.

then i noticed there was something up with the monitor display. seems the drivers had uninstalled. no worries, I check the device manager, and the two display adapters had a yellow exclamation point near them. No worries! I uninstalled both, and restarted. windows found them, they re-installed, i installed my monitor drivers, and all was well.

until...

I restarted my computer the next day. and the same problem. the display adapters aren't staying 'found'. and i'm forced to uninstall them, restart, have the comp find them again, and then re-install the monitor drivers.

whats going on with my computer? :(

A:Display Adapter problems - they aren't staying installed!

Did you try installing a different (possibly newer) driver(s)? Do you know what model/make your graphics card is? If so, go to the manufacturers website and get the newest driver for it. Sometimes Windows automatically finding drivers for devices doesn't always work perfectly.

One other possibility---though its a stretch--is that you possibly also installed software which doesn't allow any alterations to the os and rolls the system back after each reboot. I have Online Armor installed on one of my systems and I have to allow for any changes made to my system. It's unlikely that this is what's going on, but not impossible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-adapter-problems-they-arent-staying-installed-484385.html
Relevancy 54.61%

acer aspire one model # ZG5, XP operating system, displey screen does not work or turned on. only power light is on , NO other indicating lights are on. is my screen or hard drive not working. Should replace screen or hard drive?

A:display screen not working

When the machine has been on long enough to have fully booted, thoroughly examine the screen with a flashlight to determine if you can see a faint image of what would be on the screen if it were lit.

Let us know your result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-screen-not-working.994634/
Relevancy 54.18%

Display screen on laptop is not working. However, when I hook it up to an external monitor through an HDMI cord the display of the monitor portrays on the external monitor just fine. When issue first started, it was a white blank screen when connected to monitor that displayed functions normally. I allowed laptop to update, and then laptop screen worked properly. A few days later same issue, blank white screen on laptop display. Now it is just a black screen. I am writing this through the malfunctioned laptop, with display on external monitor. Brought it to Geek Squad and they said it was probably a software issue. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-Screen-on-HP-Envy-not-working/td-p/5822205
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 53.32%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just today, while I was going on YouTube to watch some videos, I turned on my speakers and played the video. For some reason, the sound didn't come out. I turned the speakers on and off, but that didn't work. I unplugged the wire hooking it up to the computer, but that didn't work either.

Please, someone help me fix this problem. I don't want to resort to buying new ones.

A:Speakers aren't working

Why not start with some details about the configuration? Also, did you try plugging earphones in the speaker jack to see if it's the computer or the speakers? I'd do that before I bought new speakers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.691053/
Relevancy 53.32%

icons such as internet explorer are now responisve when trying to open,

any ideas......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/icons-arent-working-325113.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, so somehow I got websave on my computer, and it was really annoying so I downloaded adwcleaner to fix it, then I ran the software then restarted my computer. When I restarted, I couldn't open mozilla, so I deleted it then used internet explorer (which works fine) to redownload it. That didn't work so I tried google chrome. That didn't work either. In both cases when I tried opening the browser I opened windows task manager to see what was going on. Both times the browser would load up to about 2000 K then stop, at the same time it was loading, windows problem reporting would load to about the same memory the stop suddenly as well. I don't know what the problem is... Please help me. Thank you

A:Browsers aren't working

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift Key while starting Firefox. You may have a add-on that is keeping Firefox from starting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browsers-arent-working-802410.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i reinstalled windows xp professional because of viruses. Now for some reason i cannot change my video settings and the display adapters arent showing up in my device manager. there is no display adapter tab. Also i cann ot get my speakers to work. the computer doesnt see that i am connecting speakers in the back of my computer but it does recognize my headset that is pluggged into the front.

A:Speakers aren't working

Did you reinstall all of the motherboard drivers and chipset drivers? These would all have to reinstalled after a fresh reinstallation of windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.896694/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 53.32%

Very often when I click on links my desktop goes absolutely nowhere. The link will change color as if it recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. The links are valid and working. My laptop has no problem opening these same links. Please help me if you know what is happening. I have searched my settings but I have not found an option to turn the links on or off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90677/some-links-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past few months I ve had problems with some of my quot security quot shortcuts It started when I tried to open AVG and run a scan When I click on the icon I get a pop up stating the quot program working.... Some shortcuts aren't exe quot associated with the icon has changed or moved and do I want to delete the icon I noticed that I had an AVG update come in prior to this problem so I figured it was an AVG problem and I have been working with their customer support people to try and fix it I ve also noticed that other quot security quot programs have Some shortcuts aren't working.... the same problem When I click on quot malwarebytes quot and quot whatsrunning quot I get the same box I just downloaded superantispyware and tried to run it but had the same problem with the desktop Some shortcuts aren't working.... icon I have Spyware Terminator and its working fine I haven t found any other programs that are having the same issues The tech I ve been working with at AVG has had me run uninstall and other programs trying to find the issue but we ve gotten nowhere I can t open AVG to run a scan I get the error box noted above but when I go to my Security Center it shows that quot AVG reports up to date and active quot I haven t been able to reinstall AVG because of an error with a program in Firefox called Chrome I just need some advice on how to fix the problem with the missing or moved programs so my shortcuts will work I don t believe its a virus I ve used Spy Terminator numerous times and its not finding any problems

A:Some shortcuts aren't working....

"Chrome" is a Google browserhttp://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...p;utm_medium=ha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215310/some-shortcuts-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

My Home page works, but when I tab to another page it will not connect at all

but firefox works when I tab a page

IE 7 worked Saturday night and then Sunday morning , only page working was home page
thanks

A:Tab Pages aren't working

Hi and welcome to TSF try resetting IE How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tab-pages-arent-working-664988.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 53.32%

example:

please help!

A:the colors aren't working

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is your issue just related to Youtube ? ...

Does it happen in all Browsers or just Chrome ? ...

Please fill in your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376136-colors-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had this problem since I upgraded to Vista. All softwares I used before in Windows XP worked without any problem, but most of them now support Vista and they are giving me tons of problems everyday.
What is this happening?

A:Why softwares aren't working?

Software makers have got to rewrite their code to make it work with Vista. Keep checking the maker of the software websites for Vista updates.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/113916-why-softwares-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently got given a Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 Model: 1014

I plugged it in and went to windows update, it installed the keyboard and all working.

Now i have a program that i want to configure the F1 keys to make them do something in the program, I've done this before on my old keyboard but this time it isn't recognising.... F2 key is recognised as CTRL+Z

I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from MS website and its not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

A:F2 F3 F4..... Keys aren't working

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that those keys are not detected correctly at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57667-f2-f3-f4-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I recently had a new motherboard and lcd screen installed on my Dell inspiron After the tech guy installed the new reconditioned parts and left I went to move my laptop and the screen went black upon unplugging it I went into the bios and made sure that the settings were up on brightness on battery and it was all the way up If I plug it back in it is fine I called the tech that had just left my home and he said that due to him already closing that ticket I had to call Dell and open another The working screen power. not LCD battery on issue was that I was out of warranty that day this was his rd trip due to a faulty motherboard twice I explained to Dell this was an issue that only happened after the guy changed the lcd screen and it never happened before He told me I needed a new battery I knew mine was old but it had a little life in it i knew this wasn t the problem So I had to order a new battery and it obviously didn t fix the problem I called Dell back and they refused to help me due to being out of warranty I again exclaimed that it was due to the LCD screen not working on battery power. issue when I was under warranty He refused to help this was a manager told me I needed to ship my laptop to them to fix and a low cost of Anyway is there any other issue LCD screen not working on battery power. you could think of that could cause the lcd to not work on battery power yet be fine on ac power Also on battery power everything else works so I know it isn t everything effected Thanks in advance nbsp

A:LCD screen not working on battery power.

You might check the power settings in windows control panel.
It could be set for low or no backlight for power saving options.
Start/control panel/power options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-screen-not-working-on-battery-power.905025/
Relevancy 52.89%

Months and months ago my computer started having a problem with running graphic-intensive games such as FarCry and KotOR I did everything I could and couldn t find out what was wrong My computer would shut down and a message over says detects one running, and fan ASUS AIDA fans Chassis aren't Power Probe the speakers would say I was overclocking it I kind of passed it off ASUS Probe says Chassis and Power fans aren't running, AIDA detects one fan for a bit but today I installed ASUS Probe from the CD that came with my motherboard and under Monitor Summary both Power Fan and Chassis Fan were unchecked for monitoring When I checked them they have the message quot Fan below threshold quot When I checked the Fan Monitor apparently only the CPU fan is working http img imageshack us my php image asus ln jpg Now I have a fairly new system so I m pretty sure there should be fans there I had no problem with games when I first got it last december It only started about April or May I have a Intel Pentium GHz with a ASUS P AD Deluxe Wireless Edition motherboard I have MB of RAM and a ATI Radeon X Pro graphics card nbsp

A:ASUS Probe says Chassis and Power fans aren't running, AIDA detects one fan

it is possible that your fans are not conencted with the motherboard. to acertain whether there is a cooling problem, check your cpu and gpu temps. also, this problem could be caused by a failing PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-probe-says-chassis-and-power-fans-arent-running-aida-detects-one-fan.35220/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Guys,

My dual screen has suddenly stopped working on my laptop. Now when I hit 'detect' my laptop screen goes black and I have to force restart the machine and disconnect the second laptop. Is this likely to be a hardware fault? Or how would I diagnose the problem?

Cheers
Pete

A:Dual display not working blank screen on 'detect'

restore back to the last checkpoint before this problem happens. some software or hardware change might cause it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/88382-dual-display-not-working-blank-screen-detect.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi new user here I have an issue with one of my monitors and or my graphics cards and or Windows just to complicate things I have been happily using Windows with a dual screen set up for months and both my screens have been plugged into my external graphics card Display monitor working setup screen dual on not At the beginning the graphics drivers Nvidia Geforce conflicted with the stupid Windows auto updates resulting in Display screen not working on dual monitor setup double black screen but I was able to sort it out by plugging one of the monitors into the internal graphics display and have had a stable system for over a month Yesterday Windows insisted on downloading an update and crashed the whole thing No problem I plugged the main monitor into the internal uninstalled what the Windows graphic drivers and refreshed the system as I had done previously The second monitor came on and I restarted the computer to allow me to replug the main monitor into the external graphics card No luck The main monitor remained off even though the second monitor was clearly working on the external graphics card The device manager said all the graphics cards were working with no conflicts I have tried every combination possible now I have deleted and reinstalled the graphics drivers several times I have tried the main display in both the external graphics card ports but it will only display in terrible low resolution on the internal graphics card The second monitor works in every slot in good resolution the main monitor will only work on the internal graphics card I am tearing my hair out here It is clearly not any of the slots and or connections that are at fault - every graphics card port works on at least one of the monitors and both the monitors clearly work However I am no longer able to run both the monitors on the external graphics card meaning one always the big main monitor is stuck in low resolution hell Has anyone experienced similar issues and has a fix nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-screen-not-working-on-dual-monitor-setup.1156858/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers for my pc. They worked fine until I put together a new build. Now, only my rear speakers put out sound. I've tested them and configured them properly, but still no good. Anybody know a fix?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/125892-speakers-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Edit: Found optional update was needed to stop this stuff from happening. If this can be deleted please do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568781/random-programs-arent-working/
Relevancy 52.89%

Morning

Cannot run the wizards in msaccess. Using NT4SP5 get the error message active x can't create an object.

Thanks
Kennyp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wizards-arent-working-in-ms-access.114861/
Relevancy 52.89%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-working-correctly-762761.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

A:Some keyboard keys aren't working

Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousczech

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

They both USB, wireless, Bluetooth, or PS2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99523-some-keyboard-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have the Philips MMS205 which consists of 4 satellite speakers and a subwoofer. My sound card is a Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer. My satellites are properly hooked up to the subwoofer. The line IN on the subwoofer is connected to the line OUT on the computer, and the surround IN is connected to the Rear OUT on the computer. However, the problem is that only ONE of the satelites and the subwoofer are working, the other three satelites are not emitting any sounds. Please reply if you know what is wrong and/or what i can try. Thanks.

A:satellite speakers aren't working

1) Can you try the speakers on another computer? They may be bad.

2) Try the front out to the surround speakers and see if they both work.

This should pin the problem down.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/satellite-speakers-arent-working.34427/
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went good, and I'm fully satisfied with Windows 10, but when I called a friend on Skype, I couldn't hear him at all. Not in my headphones. I searched on Google and saw on a lot of forums that if I unninstal that "VIA HD Audio (Win 10) it will fix my problem, but it didn't.[/B] They're still not working, even after I updated the driver back. I also installed Realtek HD Audio driver, after seeing on other forum, but it still didn't work at all. When I click on the speaker icon, go to playback devices, it's not showing headphones, but only speakers. Do you guys know what I can do ? Do you got any idea? I don't want to go back to Windows 7 just because of this.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/129618-headphones-arent-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got something strange going on Within the last - days things have stopped working on my computer Notepad calculator task manager - just about anything with manager in it isn't working - update manager lots of things working aren't Things anymore on the control panel - too many to list I did get a couple of strange messages a week or so ago One was something about d screen saver no longer working - or something like that I googled it and couldn't find anything Things aren't working anymore Then I got another one that was csc exe not working but again couldn't find anything I'm running windows professional bit operating system I have run AVG malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency kit - no viruses found Let me know what other information Things aren't working anymore you need to help fix this problem Thanks Edited to add I was looking around and downloaded the tweaking com windows repair and did the proper power reset When I turned the computer back on I got these messages csc Things aren't working anymore exe application error The application was unable to start correctly xc Click ok to close the application lgfxTray module has stopped working persistence module has stopped working hkcmd module has stopped working Tried to run the windows repair and it won't start I got a cmd exe application error message - same as the csc exe one I'm guessing I've got a virus or malware or something Just thought this extra information might be helpful

A:Things aren't working anymore

If this happened to me, I'd restore from my last good full system backup.  If you don't have one, I'd consider this a learning experience.  Then save any data you don't want to lose, and try System Restore.  If that doesn't help,
restore your system to factory settings, and reload your software.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603108/things-arent-working-anymore/
Relevancy 52.89%

How's it goin,
I seem to have a problem with games that i put on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3680, 64mb graphics card). They all install correctly but when I play 'Lord of the Rings-BFME II' it loads the black screen then comes up with a blue background and all these error messages and shuts the computer down. I also have 'Worms-World Party' demo which loads black screen thens returns to desktop and error message 'worms world party has been stopped, sending error report', even tho my 'dawn of war-wa 'demo works fine. I have re-installed both games plus running them both as administrator, can't seem to figure it out, all programs work perfectly on my laptop it's just games that are a hassle. Anyone have a solution??

A:Couple of games aren't working..

Did you install the DirectX stand alone setup from Microsoft? Many games will not work without it. The DirectX setup was needed for me after new Vista x64 install even though running dxdiag said my DX10 was working.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/100948-couple-games-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

I would post in malware/virus removal just to make sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/programs-arent-working-correctly-762753.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I've been trying to do some online work similar to MTurk but a little different and my problem is the submit button doesn't work in IE for me When I try to click on it nothing happens I was receiving a small error message on the left side of the browser on the bottom but that's gone away now Just to clarify this ISN'T my own website I'm having trouble with I have gone on the message board of the job aren't buttons working IE9 submit to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem but it seems to be working fine for everyone else I have attempted to try it out on other computers in my house but I get the same problem I am using IE on Windows On the webpage itself I got the view source so I'm going to paste what it says lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt title gt lt style gt body font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size em color black p font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal color black margin-top - px b font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight bold color black margin-top - px H font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size pt color red H font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size pt color maroon pre font-family quot Lucida Console quot font-size em marker font-weight bold color black text-decoration none version color gray error margin-bottom px expandable text-decoration underline font-weight bold color navy cursor hand lt style gt lt head gt lt body bgcolor quot white quot gt lt span gt lt H gt Server Error in ' Judge' Application lt hr width size color silver gt lt H gt lt h gt lt i gt An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt i gt lt h gt lt span gt IE9 submit buttons aren't working lt font face quot Arial Helvetica Geneva SunSans-Regular sans-serif quot gt lt b gt Description lt b gt IE9 submit buttons aren't working An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in IE9 submit buttons aren't working the code lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Exception Details lt b gt System ServiceModel FaultException An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Source Error lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt table width bgcolor quot ffffcc quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt code gt lt pre gt Line DateTime t DateTime Now Line lt font color red gt Line string appDataXML judgingClient GetApplicationDataXml hitAppID lt font gt Line Line DateTime t DateTime Now lt pre gt lt code gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt br gt lt b gt Source File lt b gt d app WebV build Views GetTemplate aspx cs lt b gt amp nbsp amp nbsp Line lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Stack Trace lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt table width bgcolor quot ffffcc quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt code gt lt pre gt FaultException An error occurred when verifying security for the message MessageSecurityException An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail System Runtime Remoting Proxies RealProxy HandleReturnMessage IMessage reqMsg IMessage retMsg System Runtime Remoting Proxies RealProxy PrivateInvoke MessageData amp amp msgData Int type Microsoft Search UHRS Client ServiceReference IJudging GetApplicationDataXml Int HitAppID Uhrs Web GetTemplate Page Load Object sender EventArgs e in d app WebV build Views GetTemplate aspx cs System Web Util CalliHelper EventArgFunctionCaller IntPtr fp Object o Object t EventArgs e System Web UI Control LoadRecursive System Web UI Page ProcessRequestMain Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint lt pre gt lt code gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt br gt lt hr width size color silver gt lt b gt Version Information lt b gt amp nbsp Microsoft NET Framework Version ASP NET Version lt font gt Thank you in advance for your help

A:IE9 submit buttons aren't working

Is Java enabled? Up to date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-submit-buttons-arent-working-670612.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Everytime I want to hibernate my computer to leave it on overnight, it goes into updates. It updates, then restarts about once or twice saying that the updates weren't configured correctly, and it must revert the changes. It's happened about 5 times and I'd like to fix this.

A:Windows updates aren't working.

hi go to start control panel in classic view,windows update,on the lefthand side,change settings,click the install updates automatically and change the time for update to be downloaed and installed.or change to download and let me choose

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-arent-working-409577.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all and and as a disclaimer please excuse any and all of my ignorance, I am not at all very good with computers, it even took me a minute to figure out my OS lol! but i have a serious problem: My USB drivers are no longer reading my phones and other devices the message i get is "USB Device Not Recognized", When i click the message and go through the troubleshoot it gets no where. It's like my computer doesn't even realize that the devices and drivers are malfunctioning, also i don't know if it is related but it seems like files, apps and folders are constantly being deleted without my consent and no one else has access to my pc. i suspect foul play hidden in my system. Any help would be very appreciated. thank you so much everyone!

A:USB Drivers aren't working for my devices.

Welcome to the forums!
Have you ran any malware/Virus scans?

I would suggest malwarebytes. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

The free version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278100-usb-drivers-arent-working-my-devices.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Numbers are part of password, can't login. Please advise. Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Number keys aren't working

Hi, See if you can log on via the on screen keyboard - at the sign in screen, click the Ease of Access icon ( lower right corner ) and select On-Screen Keyboard. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Number-keys-aren-t-working/td-p/5694292
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having trouble with the links in my emails. They won't click to their target . . . TSG.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Xico