Windows Support Forum

Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

Q: Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

I purchased a Inspiron nbsp from the Keyboards warranty anymore?!? by aren't covered Dell's Dell Outlet in February and somehow keys have come off my keyboard at different times since then I do not abuse my laptop in any way and nobody else uses Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? it but me The keys that have come off got hard to press and I would try to see if I could press them down so Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? they d go back to normal but that didn t end up happening nbsp I sent an email to Technical Support through Dell s website and received a response telling me the nbsp issue was due to the regular wear and tear of the system I was then told that Dell nbsp has a specialized Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? nbsp authorized nbsp department nbsp that takes care of the cases which involve nbsp physical accidental damage Cosmetic nbsp wear and tear nbsp or where the parts need to be replaced when there is no nbsp Complete Care Cover nbsp active on the system I was then directed to the quot Out of Warranty quot department As I said before I haven t abused or damaged my laptop and a keyboard should last longer then a few months I was always under the impression that a keyboard was an nbsp integral part of a laptop or desktop s operation I ve never had issues in the past getting a keyboard replacement when any Dell laptop I ve had was still under warranty

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

Hi MSGEMS,
Have you done the retail registration? - http://dell.to/1Q0MoOu
Once done, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. And also, attach a copy of the invoice for us to review. Based on that, we shall advise further course of action.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989596
Relevancy 81.22%

Since when are HP recovery disks not covered by the warranty? I got recovery disks for my desktop a couple years ago free of charge since I was still under warranty.

A:HP recovery disks aren't covered by the warranty?

Many companies do not send out recovery or installation disks anymore with Windows. The same goes with Windows 8, as your Windows Key is stored on the Motherboard itself, and you no longer need a key to re-install windows. You can, however, download an ISO of Windows 8, 7, XP, etc. They are not provided by Microsoft, but third party websites. I have used them myself and never have to worry about having a disk as I can download an ISO anytime I want.

I posted a few sites below that are guides on how to do this, as well as providing instructions to create your own installation disk. You can also create an install on a flash disk, but you need to go in the bios and make your computer boot from USB, which is relatively easy. If you choose to do a disk, you need a free ISO burner to burn the ISO image to a disk. A google search will find you many of them, and you will need to use a DVD R or RW.

Links:
How to Download Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 Installation Media

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58936-hp-recovery-disks-arent-covered-warranty.html
Relevancy 78.26%

The corner of the touchscreen on my son's laptop started to seperate. He pushed on the corner to try to pop it back in and the screen cracked. The touchscreen feature no longer works. The laptop is only 6 months old. Is this covered under warranty?

A:Is the touch screen covered under warranty?

DJones006 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Here's an HP thread about stuff definitely NOT covered under warranty: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage | HP® Customer Support Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty issues.For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!---------------------------------------However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.---------------------------------------Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-the-touch-screen-covered-under-warranty/td-p/5742364
Relevancy 77.4%

siri have hp pavallion e tx laptop which i bought in september With Years onsite warranty for hardware Now my chager is not working When i contact Is 3years not warranty? under charger laptop covered the support team they simply said that the battery and charger are not included in the warranty if we are given charger with the laptop at the time of purchase and there's no Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? extra separate charge for the adapter then why we are asked to pay for the replacement if we are under warranty Does it mean buy a laptop for Around k and then pay for warranties and then your charger is still not covered under this when it will stop working you are to pay Around k more one more thingthe address for the authorized service centers and their contact details must be updated on dialy basis you have no ideas how much we -the customers have to suffer sorry but i am really angry to get talk to a representtive by online chat it took me an hour to connect then he said you are connected to usa gave me the link for indian support team and Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? contact number he was really nice guy who helped me I waited for Hours to get connected Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? to the indian chat tech support by online chat and then disconnected what should i do now buy a new one and tear those papers and that invoice saying years onsite warranty or expect a miracle to happen Solved View Solution

A:Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty?

Hi, Normally no. All vendors do the same. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-laptop-charger-not-covered-under-3years-warranty/td-p/5686277
Relevancy 76.54%

I ve been really suffering and cursing my laptop When I attach an external monitor under + fault this atikmdag I covered - am software or is hardware? warranty? it will work fine - for a while And then it will just crash If I don t yank out the external monitor cable in time - I see the dreaded bluescreen of atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? death Today the same thing happened - but I noticed in the bubble from system tray mention atikmdag I googled and it atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? seems I am not alone - atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? there are millions and billions of people suffering from the same problem The thing is tooo much information I couldn t figure out head or tail of what exactly the cause and solution was Many links say that it could be based on a zillion different thing and to each of these there are different solutions Firstly is it hardware or software Secondly can I make a claim against my warranty I have a Dell laptop and am years into a year warranty - so I m still covered I would add I have updated the latest graphics driver from Dell - doesn t solve problem And also I thought I d mention I rebuild my laptop every days and make sure all Windows and Virus updates are in place - so it ALWAYS is a fresh new laptop - just mentioning this to dismiss the fact that it could be a Windows problem Any replies would be great Thanks OM nbsp

A:atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty?

The ATI driver that is being blamed in the error pop up is for your graphics card but it could mean that your card is failing.

When you say "I rebuild my laptop every 30 days" what exactly do you do and what software are you using.

Windows and all Anti Virus software can be set to automatically update so you should not need to check either of them.

Follow this to post a few of the latest minidumps from the BSOD's so they can be analysed.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-fault-is-this-software-or-hardware-am-i-covered-under-warranty.1007508/
Relevancy 67.94%

The problem All of a sudden I let keyboards Computer work won't anymore. was typing along and then I just wasn t Computer won't let keyboards work anymore. Like the Computer won't let keyboards work anymore. laptop stopped showing what I was typing but it still kept doing the little chime or ding sounds every time I d press a key I plugged in my back-up keyboard and it did the same thing still didn t show up what I was typing on the monitor but it would make the sound every time I press a key The touchpad mouse built into the laptop still works I tried restarting my computer and then it worked normally for a few minutes and then stopped again When it started up this time it let me log in but then it wouldn t let me enter any more info I decided to restore my computer the kind of restore where Computer won't let keyboards work anymore. it keeps my file but removes apps and resets settings to default After the restore it just doesn t accept what I m typing at all so I can t even log in with my password or do much of anything anymore but it still does the chime when I try to type My wireless keyboard does the same thing chime sound when keys are pressed but nothing I type shows up on the monitor but the very same wireless keyboard works on my other laptop which is what I m typing to you on now So we know that the keyboard works and that the laptop in question is receiving the info I m entering BUT it s just not showing it for some reason Please help The result I just get stuck at the screen with my name and email address and a box for me to enter my password to log in It still makes the chime sounds when I press the keys but obviously still not showing what I m typing My system Dell computer with Windows I installed windows a couple months ago and this is the first time I ve had this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-let-keyboards-work-anymore.1171662/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've got something strange going on Within the last - days things have stopped working on my computer Notepad calculator task manager - just about anything with manager in it isn't working - update manager lots of things working aren't Things anymore on the control panel - too many to list I did get a couple of strange messages a week or so ago One was something about d screen saver no longer working - or something like that I googled it and couldn't find anything Things aren't working anymore Then I got another one that was csc exe not working but again couldn't find anything I'm running windows professional bit operating system I have run AVG malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency kit - no viruses found Let me know what other information Things aren't working anymore you need to help fix this problem Thanks Edited to add I was looking around and downloaded the tweaking com windows repair and did the proper power reset When I turned the computer back on I got these messages csc Things aren't working anymore exe application error The application was unable to start correctly xc Click ok to close the application lgfxTray module has stopped working persistence module has stopped working hkcmd module has stopped working Tried to run the windows repair and it won't start I got a cmd exe application error message - same as the csc exe one I'm guessing I've got a virus or malware or something Just thought this extra information might be helpful

A:Things aren't working anymore

If this happened to me, I'd restore from my last good full system backup.  If you don't have one, I'd consider this a learning experience.  Then save any data you don't want to lose, and try System Restore.  If that doesn't help,
restore your system to factory settings, and reload your software.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603108/things-arent-working-anymore/
Relevancy 64.5%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there,

So basically my laptop came with 1TB of HDD and right now I am only able to use like 500GB of it, the other 500GB seems to have gone missing and I can't seem to get it back.. I looked online and it told me to go on to disk management etc to try assign it but it doesn't seem to let me.. here are some screenshots..

https://gyazo.com/97d3ea537540939d7ee36ad5384b5124

So as you may have noticed, the one I want to recover is that 383.83GB one but everything is greyed out so I can't format or anything! can someone please help me!

Thank you

A:One of my disks aren't appearing on my laptop anymore!

Fixed it.. just delete and relocate the partition..

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43189-one-my-disks-arent-appearing-my-laptop-anymore.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Well to get go it? anymore, to can i Websites that aren't Why how i frequently and working fix to the point www nfl com and www google com isn't working for me anymore These are very known websites so i know the website isnt the problem it's me This has happened before and that was to yahoo com but after like a month yahoo com started working for me again i have checked for viruses and can't find any If you want a report i will gladly make you one to show Websites that i frequently go to aren't working anymore, Why and how can i fix it? you Also to help you figure out whats my problem i Downloaded TweakNow Regcleaner STD and Tuneup XP to increase my computers speed performance before the problems started but I don't know if those programs caused the problem To clarify when i type quot www nfl com quot after like minutes trying to load the page it will say AOL had could not find it or it will just say at the page im on ANyone got any ideas to help fix this im not going to buy programs to fix this problem so dont tell me i have to buy something

A:Websites that i frequently go to aren't working anymore, Why and how can i fix it?

what happens when you unplug your computer, and plug someone else's into the modem, router and try to goto those sites. and what happen when you take your computer else where and try to then goto those site from a different network?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/websites-that-i-frequently-go-to-arent-working-anymore-why-and-how-can-i-fix-it-113140.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve had my current Dell XPS desktop PC for two years It has a TB hard drive and a much smaller SSD drive to speed the computer up using Dell? warning, is covered Hard by drive it Intel Rapid Storage Technology Today the Intel Rapid Storage program had an alert message saying the following quot SATA disk on Controller Port At risk SMART event quot After researching online I figured out that this referred to a problem with my TB hard drive My computer is behaving fine currently but people online seem to suggest that SMART events are rarely false positives and are early warnings that my hard drive could be anywhere from days to months away from failing Hard drive warning, is it covered by Dell? I downloaded some diagnostic problems and had windows check the drive for errors and nothing was found except for one program that mentioned the SMART event but with no other information My question is this I ve owned this computer for two years my warranty is either three or four years My computer is working fine now but this alert seems to suggest that soon my hard drive will cease to work Will my Dell warranty cover a replacement right now Do I have to wait for the hard drive to fail Which would not be an optimal situation as that would mean I would likely lose tons of information i don t currently have a way to back up Will Dell install a new hard drive How will all my data get transferred over Thank you in advance for your answer

A:Hard drive warning, is it covered by Dell?

Hobbesss
I've had my current Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC for two years. It has a 2 TB hard drive and a much smaller SSD drive to speed the computer up using Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Today the Intel Rapid Storage program had an alert message saying the following:
"SATA disk on Controller 0, Port 0: At risk (SMART event)"
After researching online, I figured out that this referred to a problem with my 2TB hard drive. My computer is behaving fine currently, but people online seem to suggest that SMART events are rarely false positives, and are early warnings that my hard drive could be anywhere from days to months away from failing.
I downloaded some diagnostic problems and had windows check the drive for errors, and nothing was found except for one program that mentioned the SMART event but with no other information.
My question is this: I've owned this computer for two years, my warranty is either three or four years. My computer is working fine now, but this alert seems to suggest that soon my hard drive will cease to work. Will my Dell warranty cover a replacement right now? Do I have to wait for the hard drive to fail (Which would not be an optimal situation, as that would mean I would likely lose tons of information i don't currently have a way to back up)? Will Dell install a new hard drive? How will all my data get transferred over?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
 Hobbesss
I very much doubt that a Dell warranty will replace any hard drive, that either has not failed, or has serious issues.
As you state that the XPS 8700 'is working fine now', please explain why you cannot backup all your essential files and folders to other media, eg either a USB thumb drive, or an USB external hard drive?.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682276
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently upgraded from XP to Windows 7

When i had XP i could press "Fn + F3" to lower my sound volume, "Fn + F4" to raise my sound volume and "Fn + F10" to completely mute my computer.
So, all the sound related buttons.

When i formatted my computer and got Windows 7 on it. These buttons dont work anymore.
I can still press "Fn + F6" to lower the screen light, and "Fn + F7" to raise it.

Can anyone help me?
Im guessing its related to a driver or something..

A:[SOLVED] Fn + F# sound related buttons aren't working anymore

I have exactly the same problem.. I use Packard-Bell MX65 and can't use almost all the the hot keys when i set up Windows 7 Ultimate x64..

And I can use brightness down and up with fn+f6 and fn+f7 like you.. But no blue screen appears while i'm doing that like I was doing it in Xp.. Fn+F11 also works that turns off the screen.

I thought it's related to the driver ATK0100 ACPI Utility and set up a lot of that driver.. But still it doesn't work.. I hope someone can help us Kasp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-fn-f-sound-related-buttons-arent-working-anymore-431164.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This is really frustrating me and I want to know why it happens and how to fix it Any time I boot a Dell Dimension usually series into safemode with command prompt the PS keyboard will not work On some occasions if a PS mouse is also present Keyboards. Mode, and Dell, Safe if I click and drag stuff around a lot after logging in before pressing any keyboard keys the keyboard MIGHT work maybe of the time and the rest of the time both the keyboard and mouse will stop responding as soon as I hit a key When using a USB keyboard and mouse Dell, Safe Mode, and Keyboards. it seems to work fine unless Norton is or has ever been installed on the system in which case the mouse will work but the keyboard might not If the keyboard does work running the Norton removal tool will cause it to never work again Installing certain updates service packs etc can also cause the problem to occur on any system it hasn't happened on already ONLY happens on Dell computers I've never had a problem on any other computers ever ALWAYS happens on Dell computers seriously I can't think of a time I have ever booted a Dell computer into safemode with command prompt and not had a problem I work on maybe - machines a month and maybe in of them is a Dell Dell does not acknowledge any such problem exists

A:Dell, Safe Mode, and Keyboards.

Always with the same keyboard? . . I work on about the same number of Dells you do and have never had that problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-safe-mode-and-keyboards-405982.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am having problems with my PC Mcafee found snip smart and Rocket Tab I want to get rid of them. I dont know how to do system restore I was told to do so I can with out the OS CD is this correct I know on windows 7 and * U can thanks? I am not sure if this was already on PC when gotten or after. I am on windows Business Vista as well.

A:Dell 755 out of warranty

Please download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free version) from Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software - UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM Premium' at the end of the installation - and update it, then run a full scan in your main account, and Quick scans in any other user accounts.

Quarantine everything it finds

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303157-dell-755-out-warranty.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey There guyz!
I am from Pakistan and I recenlty puchased Dell Inspiron 17 7778. Now the Shopkeeper said your device comes with 1 year International warrnty! After unboxing i put service tag of laptop on dell official warranty check , Website confirms that product is in fact Inspiron 17 7778 but Warranty start and expiration dates are not showing as well not the country to which it is shipped , So i connected shop keeper again and he said Dell international warranty is updated within 3 to 7 days after purc6ahse ?
So is he lying , Plz tell so I take some proper action thanks
Plz also.tell how to check whether my laptop is new or Refurbished

A:Dell Warranty

Dell has no corporate presence in Pakistan - your vendor is your only support/warranty/information source.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994078
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, probably i'll bought a s2716dg from England.
Warranty is the same from Italy (3 years)?

Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993118
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm looking at purchasing a new Dell laptop. If I were to buy their no-fault warranty that covers accidental damage is there anything that prevents me from dropping it every year-and-a-half or so and getting a new computer? Anyone have any experience with this service?

Thanx,

Gator

Relevancy 54.61%

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

A:Have I voided my dell warranty

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-voided-my-dell-warranty.114177/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello.
Cant find right section so ill ask here.

I bought new laptop from business on allegro in Poland(something like ebay)
It has NBD warranty in USA to 2019 but seller dont have ID of previous owner.
There is any way that i could change warranty location?

Would be a proof of purchase solve the problem or i should just return this laptop because it cant be done?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997151
Relevancy 54.18%

We have a Dell M3800 (tag no <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>) that will not power on. It is out of warranty.
 A few things I have noticed are;
1)      The LED  on the power plug is on, but the charge LEDs do not show as charging
2)      If I disconnect the battery and then plug it back in, the charge LEDs will then show, but it will still not power on.
3)      There is no sign of life from the power switch, not even a flash.

Any ideas if I can get this repaired?

A:Dell M3800 won't turn on (out of warranty)

Will the system power up on AC only?  If not, the odds are overwhelming the mainboard needs to be replaced.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991689
Relevancy 54.18%

i put a HD that a friend gave me into my Dell computer... i think it might have had a boot sector virus or something will this void my dell warranty?

A:does adding a 2nd HD void DELL Warranty?

Very possibly since the added hardware casued the problem in the first place. Ever hear the saying don't ask don't tell? If they don't know you have then it is still under warranty isn't it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-adding-a-2nd-hd-void-dell-warranty.100542/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 7559, with the 2 year warranty, but the problem is it only has an HDD, and I wanted to install a SSD, and possibly a 8GB DDR3, but my question is will doing this void the warranty, on the bottom of the laptop there is no sticker saying it will.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988183
Relevancy 54.18%

Just earlier, my Dell XPS 13 went comatose on me. I pressed the power button, held it down, and nothing happened. Usually, if my laptop dies on me, I could press the power button and be shown the BIOS screen, but like I said, nothing's happening at all, no matter how many times I press or hold the power button. I've tried two Dell XPS 13 chargers (both work perfectly with my friend's Dell XPS 13), and both will lose the LED light whenever plugged into my laptop.
I've checked many sources online, and people say it's either a bad motherboard or I need to open my laptop, unplug the battery, drain it, and plug it back in. Before using my warranty, I'd like to try the second trick.
My question is: Will opening my Dell XPS 13 void my warranty?

A:Will Opening my Dell XPS 13 Void my Warranty?

No, but if you damage anything, they can deny service.  Let Dell handle it under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993921
Relevancy 54.18%

Just like the numerous other posts on this website I too have had a faulty hinge on my laptop I contacted customer support and was told it was not a manufacturing defect I explained to them that it occurred while opening the lid as per normal operation nbsp I spoke to the supervisor and again was told that it was an accidental damage I explained that the customer support person did not make the laptop and are not responsible for it failing It was dell a big corporation that made the faulty product and should honor their warranty that they gave when I purchased the laptop Again I was told I was lying and that the damage was accidental damage because the laptop model was not known to have a manufacturing defect I then asked to speak to the regional manager but was only given to tier support I explained to the person their to dell warranty refusing honor behind the phone that there was numerous customers complaining about this problem on dell s website and I expect them to honor their warranty He also was afraid to lose his job by honoring the warranty and refuse to dell refusing to honor their warranty acknowledge the manufacturing defect that is so clearly a defect it is baffling to hear otherwise I proceeded to make a BBB complaint and was followed up not on the BBB website but through another phone call from the SAME tier support agent This made me nervous and I am going to contact a regarding this peculiar customer support practices And no surprise they repeated the aforementioned argument of accidental damages I urge everyone who has been through this circus act to do the same Make a complaint with the BBB and they will start looking into dell s business practices My laptop specs Dell Inpiron model I - BLK Other forum posts about the failing hinge problem en community dell com en community dell com en community dell com en community dell com en community dell com

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995102
Relevancy 53.75%
A:Dell Warranty - Faulty Hard Drive

Good question!

First, what brand is the hard drive? Just about every manufacturer has their own diagnostic software. Go to their site and download it, and test the hard drive yourself.

Then, if you feel you should still send it in, wipe it clean first, using tools such as Eraser.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57490-dell-warranty-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am dissapointed abut Dell's Dissapointed: are refurbished warranty parts Dell s warranty service I bought an xps and have full warranty til August Dell had to Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished change twice the motherboard and I noticed that the parts are refurbihed If the first replacement lasted a few months how long will the second I m Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished not sure that the replacement of the originally motherboard nbsp of my nbsp new xps was wright it seems that it was in better conditions than the one they used to replace that this second motherboard was changed by another one that seems to be in similar conditions When I asked a supervisor to change this Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished parts for new ones he told me that it was impossible they use refurbished for replacements Dell should inform this to theirs buyers it s not fair to buy a new notebook that has quality problems and nbsp the seller Dell is thinking not in the best solution for the customer but in the best solution in terms of money only E Montero

A:Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished

If you read the warranty statement, they DO tell you that they use refurbished parts - so too does every other computer vendor.  Read the terms of your washing machine or car warranty -- same deal there as well.  It's standard practice in just about every industry.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~section=012

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19278177
Relevancy 53.75%

Sent my Dell XPS away under warranty having been led to believe Dell screen issue warranty xps12 Dell would replace the screen The monitor still has image retention problems amp it turns out Dell didn t replace the screen They are now saying I ll have to pay for this as I m now out of warranty nbsp I m extremely disappointed in the way they have handled my case - any Dell warranty issue xps12 screen suggestions See emails below On Jun at UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp nbsp Good day no worries I will create the service request in the system Please be reminded Dell warranty issue xps12 screen that all the data on the unit will be deleted physical damage not covered in the warranty and please don t include the accessories during the collection The repair usually takes - days but we will do our best to expedite the process for Dell warranty issue xps12 screen you You will receive a call from UPS to confirm the schedule of the unit collection To track the status of the repair you can visit our website at nbsp www dell aftermarketrepair com nbsp You can also send me an email if you have question nbsp Thank you and have a great day nbsp Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message --- From nbsp On Jun at lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi Good day I checked the warranty of your device and it is still active My advise is to send the unit in our depot for repair To set your expectation the repair will take - days All the data will be deleted and physical damage is not covered in the warranty If you want to proceed please provide your address primary and alternate contact number Thank you Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From nbsp gt Received PM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Re Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR Bios is up to date - makes no difference nbsp Regards On Jun at nbsp lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp May I know if you have tried to install the latest BIOS update for the system If you have installed the latest drivers already and we still encounter the problem the unit needs repair We advise to send it in our depot for us to be able to fix the issue To set your expectation usually it will take - days nbsp Thank you Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From gt Received PM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Re Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR It is the lsquo burn in rsquo issue which has been documented extensively on the internet I see the previous imagery as the screen updates nbsp I understand Dell are replacing the affected LCD rsquo s Thanks On Jun at lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp Thank you for your email I apologize that you encounter a problem on your monitor May I know the troubleshooting steps you have done so far nbsp Thank you nbsp Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From Received AM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR BEGINTechnicalSupportREQUEST nbsp SubjectLine Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR BEGINIssueCategories nbsp CS IssueCategory Monitor ProblemDescription monitor is ghosting - know problem requiring lcd replacement ErrorMessage RecentChanges Troubleshooting Diagnostics BEGINProductInformation nbsp CS ServiceTag xxxxxxx CS SystemFriendlyName XPS CS SystemLabel XPS Q ShipDate CS OperatingSystem Windows CS Operati... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996332
Relevancy 53.75%

dear sir madam this is for your kind knowledge that i have purchased DELL INSPIRATION pc through amazon website on the day of th Aug nbsp I wanted to register my invoice to your system to generate the warranty This is for your kind knowledge that my PC is still in warranty period i e year which will helps me to take benefits of free services but desktop product dell my to generate to in warranty there is no proper to generate my warranty in to dell desktop product information provided to the concern department manufacturer when i asked DELL the manufacturer to provide to generate my warranty in to dell desktop product me the free services against warranty their system shown me that the purchase date is Jan- this caused they declared me that my PC is to generate my warranty in to dell desktop product out of warranty period when i called DELL customer care they inform me that there is no further details provided from Amazon about my invoice therefor they couldn t able to generate the warranty against the same Hence i request you to update the details of my invoice to the concern department manufacturer for your assist i am sending you the copy of invoice through the attachment also expecting any other information guidance i e mail address of DELL contact number of DELL customer care expecting good response - Anurag Shyamsunder talekar invoice number- KA-BLR - - service tag- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt ADMIN NOTE Service tag removed per privacy policy gt express service code- nbsp lt ADMIN NOTE Express service code removed per privacy policy gt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19984575
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi This is a rant plea for help from someone at Dell nbsp For the past months I ve been through the wringer with Dell s warranty service nbsp Short story for patience horrible service with Dell's Out warranty of those who don t want to read this entire tail of woe nbsp I ve been through LCD screens one motherboard replacement nbsp and now one entire system replacement - Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service and I still have a computer with issues because Dell keeps sending me JUNK and wrong parts - nbsp And to top it off my warranty is about to run out And now the long story My story begins almost a year ago when I purchased a new Inspiron nbsp I loved that laptop and things were great up until Feb of this year when the LCD screen developed an issue with burn-in image retention I contacted Dell tech support about this and the tech agreed that the screen needed replacing He said he d send out an on-site service tech with an LCD replacement kit and a motherboard nbsp I thought sending the motherboard was strange since the issue was clearly with the LCD screen nbsp So I asked why they d send a motherboard nbsp The tech said incase the replacement LCD doesn t fix it nbsp Strange This should have been a red flag but I just shrugged it off Jump forward a few days later and the on-site tech shows up nbsp He says he doesn t know how to replace the screen in this model laptop nbsp He said any time he s tried the clips in the bezel break nbsp He also said Dell should have sent the entire LCD assembly as there are no instructions to replace the LCD screen only nbsp He called up Dell s on-site tech support line to see if they could supply him with instructions and Dell instructed him TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD for an issue with an LCD screen nbsp He didn t know what to make of it but did what they said and replaced a PERFECTLY GOOD motherboard which OF COURSE didn t fix anything nbsp So the tech says to ask them for the entire LCD assembly nbsp So I contact Dell and ask them for the specific part number which to their credit they send nbsp But of course there are still issues with the screen Dead pixels backlight bleed and the touch screen often has a mind of its own and causes the cursor to go crazy nbsp Also at this point I m noticing the laptop runs much warmer than before there s a loud quot coil whine quot and the touchpad now randomly stops sometimes nbsp So my perfectly good motherboard was replaced with a broken one Great By this time screen number had arrived nbsp But it was the wrong part nbsp It was the k UHD screen and I had the p version nbsp I am a software developer and I use Linux and a lot of Java software which does not scale properly on Hi-DPI screens So once again I had to contact Dell and tell them I can t use a k screen After sending the wrong part Dell said they d replace the entire system with a refurbished one nbsp Great Finally an end to this I hoped nbsp But nope Dell sends me an Inspiron quot gaming laptop quot with a k screen Even after I specifically told them I am unable to use a k screen nbsp However by this time I had well and truly had enough nbsp I just wanted to be done with the entire ordeal nbsp But as I am beginning to learn there is apparently no end to it because guess what the Inspiron has a few issues of its own nbsp The screen dims flickers when certain shades of blue enter the screen lots of owners are complaining about this it s an inherent flaw of the LG quot pentle quot screen used in these There are a few youtube videos that show this if you search nbsp I could have just changed the resolution to p and lived with the flicker but nbsp It OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY and the fan never shuts off nbsp Even when idle nbsp Tonight nbsp as I was trying to use it the thermal protection kicked in and it actually turned itself off right when I was in the middle of working nbsp UNACCEPTABLE I ve been patient and courteous throughout all this nbsp But now I ve had enough I am not going ... Read more

A:Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Tough luck. I've also have had more hardware issues than I can count, including trackpad failures, fan issues, lights burnt out, etc... I just continuously had stuff break on my $1400 laptop for no reason. 
After months of dealing with this ***, I decided I just wanted Dell to buy the laptop back from me or give me store credit as that's really the only repayment for the amount of stress and issues this laptop has brought me. I was basically told by the highest level sales manager that I cannot return the laptop and I just have to go the Dell's support system. There is really nothing you can do except constantly call in service requests and once your warranty expires, like me, you are pretty much screwed.
That being said, I will never buy any Dell product again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682784
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there my month old brand new laptop failed to start Under the warranty i took it back to the shop John Lewis under my warranty Dell Computers are Dell Data warranty under Protection laptop - Act responsible for the laptop for the first year John Lewis for the second year Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act John Lewis are restricted on what checks they can do on the laptop so I have been told They tell me that they need to send it direct to Dell John Lewis have told me that Dell will wipe my laptop of any data held on it and that is the law under the Data Protection Act in the UK without trying to retrieve any information whatsoever if they feel it is a hard drive problem because of the Data Protection Act that they cannot copy any of my information over Is that correct do you know and is there any way around it that Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act i can have my data retrieved without them wiping them I accept I didn't back all the data up but the laptop is months old and I honestly didn't expect a brand new pound Dell laptop to go wrong in months

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-laptop-under-warranty-data-protection-act-4599125/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I went to buy a laptop, I have not considered any other laptop as I thought Dell would be perfect for me. However, let me tell you, it's not. Within the period of 1 month, I started getting touch pad issues which is not resolved completely yet. This is not ended here. I bought this laptop (which was the worst decision I have ever made) in October 2014 and this Dell dashboard shows my warranty expiring in July 2015. I am emailing to them and nobody even bothers to give a reply. On phone support I have asked several times that I want to extend my warranty, however nobody helped me for that too. Is this your SO CALLED superior customer service and quality product? If yes then please stop selling Dell Inspiron 3542 model. Pathetic touch pad! LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I FILE A COMPLAINT as I cant take this harassment further.

A:How to file a complaint against dell customer service and Warranty

Contact link, bottom of the screen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19616589
Relevancy 52.89%

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 5558 from ebay in India with Thailand bill date 21/05/2016 international warranty but on warranty status page it say 18-12-2017 which is 6 month less after that i call to Dell care but they not able to help me they said you need to contact dealer so i am worried please expert from Dell help in this issue as i bought brand new dell 5558 but worried about my warranty please confirm me how i get update my warranty status to 21/05/2018
Thank You

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984309
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a Dell Dimension built one year ago Today is the day the warranty will expire and if I renew later rather than now it will cost more I have had no problems with the PC as of yet and my one support call went well It used to be my understanding that it s not a good idea to buy the extended warranty on most any product really But from some threads I ve been reading in various places I m thinking maybe with Dell I Dell or no? warranty deadline today! Solved: Help, Extend really ought to I don t know if what I ve read has been skewed by the fact that often it s the unsatisfied that take the time to proclaim that but what I Solved: Help, deadline today! Extend Dell warranty or no? ve read of others experiences has been scary and sounds like often one is lucky if they even get appropriate help with a warranty still in place Strangely I think with this model the only type of warranty available original or extended is next business day at-home service with phone support too of course I don t need that much convenience but I have no choice So a one-year extension would be two-year Don t think I d be interested in the three-year for at this time even though I do intend to still have this PC then and beyond Ok so of course I d rather not pay this but it won t take food off my table or anything So should I go for it Thanks so much if I can get some opinions before the end of the biz day It s about AM CST here now nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

About a month ago hard drive, but contact I Likely Dell? to warranty. broken best How am under my computer had a quot SMART event quot which I found Likely broken hard drive, but I am under warranty. How best to contact Dell? out means an early warning sign that the hard drive was about to fail I ve only owned this Dell Likely broken hard drive, but I am under warranty. How best to contact Dell? PC for years and have either a three or four year warranty Today the computer started flashing weird image patterns on the screen and then froze on one of them I tried to restart the computer multiple times but each time I just see different bizarre lines on the screen and the PC immediately freezes I m pretty sure this is the defective hard drive that the SMART event was warning about My questions are What is the best way to contact Dell By phone email some kind of live chat Any specific phone number or email or link for what is the best way would be highly appreciated What are Dell s customer service days and hours Do I need any information other than my Service Tag and Express Service Tag What are the difference between the two If it is the hard drive that needs to be placed how will that happen I don t really know how to take apart a computer Would Dell send somebody Would they make sure to reinstall Windows I have no idea what the procedure for this would be Thank you so much in advance for your answers

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974250
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a notebook. Being a computer tech, i'd like to open it up and take a look inside.... And in the future if there is any upgrade/maintanence to perform, i'd like to do it myself.

Will this void the warranty?

And if i say i didn't open it, is there any way dell will find out that i opened it?

Hopefully some Techie here has already done it and knows the answer......... :).

Thanks,

A:Warranty void if i open the laptop? How does Dell know if i opened it?

No, but I can only speak for the models I am familiar with (see signature). After reading tons of posts on this forum I never recall this being a problem on any model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/17292528
Relevancy 52.46%

can someone here help on this issue? I have 2 xps 12 with this issue currently. It seems like contacting Dell Chat agents only gives me the round around, agent after agent. 
does dell still replace these faulty screen for free even out of warranty? 
are the replacements burn free? or is it just as before? 
thanks. 

A:dell xps 12 ghosting screen burn effect after warranty is over in 2014.

Hi Mbnz230,
Can you send me a PM with the Service Tags of the 2 affected XPS12's and I'll check them for you. 
If possible can you send me pics of the screen burn on both systems as well

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19667797
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys I resolved to air my views and opinions on how I have been treated by Dell support centre Dell over my inspiron which was purchased inspiron less warranty getting 3148 laptop taking 6month, fixed is Dell under forever. went keyboard than yet bad a Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. while ago Less than months after the purchase this laptop coupled with intermittent usage of the PC the keyboard stopped responding nbsp I nbsp Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. contacted the dell support centre and sent in the laptop based on warranty for the keyboard to be replaced This is the th week its being there making life unbearable and without communication on when I will get the PC Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. back I was initially told it will take days for the keyboard to be repaired today makes it th day nbsp I don t know Dell could do a laptop whose keyboard would go under month talk less of being treated in the inhumanly way possible for an item under warranty My product tag is K B Any help or idea how I can get out of this mess

A:Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever.

Hi GEN2TY,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please private message us the details of the location you have sent the laptop for repair along with your email id.
Also, request you to edit the previous post which has the service tag of your system as it contains personal information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984207
Relevancy 49.88%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 49.02%

Could you please help 2003 Anymore. My Xps Not Dell Is Fast with my log I ve always taken good care of my computer I constantly check for viruses clean the dust from the fans I scan it My Dell Xps 2003 Is Not Fast Anymore. with Spybot and Ad Aware But within the past few months it has been extremely slow I thought it was the summer heat at first making the fans spin fast I will tell you this when I scan it with Spybot it will find around problems so I then remove the bad files but after only a couple of hours my computer starts getting slow again so then I ll rescan with Spybot and it will pick up another more malicious files I don t know how I m getting so much junk within such a short time I even reinstall the OS but after a couple of days it goes back to being slow again Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Free Download Manager FUM fumoei exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Canon BJCard Bjmcmng exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXEC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exeC PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC PROGRA FREEDO fdm exeC Downloads Software HiJackThis exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar no name - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - no file O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLLO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM Run Norton Ghost C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl e... Read more

A:My Dell Xps 2003 Is Not Fast Anymore.

Hello dracon45 Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Sorry about the delay. We're all volunteers here, and it's been very busy. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log <--link And I'll be happy to take a look at it for you. ===== I also need to see a different type of log from Hijackthis: Run Hijackthis.Click on "Open the Misc Tools section".Next click on "Open uninstall manager".Press the button 'save list'. It will open a Notepad file.Place the content of that file here in your next reply.Thanks, for your patience. Stelios

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116085/my-dell-xps-2003-is-not-fast-anymore/
Relevancy 49.02%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor working printer anymore Dell not AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Dell printer not working anymore Ltd M SLI-S Antivirus Panda Cloud Antivirus Updated and Enabled My w desktop computer was performing great with a new Dell c colour printer but then I started having occassional quot Spooler stopped quot problems which increased in frequency to the point where I could only print one job before the Spooler stopped And so after a bit of fiddling around deleting and reloading drivers reading all the Dell info I cannot get the printer running from this computer at all It has a USB connection I have got the printer working OK on my W laptop - but then that s how it was for a few weeks on this dektop computer before it all started going pear shaped So now no Dell printer although I am still able to use quite normally my other installed Canon printer Can anybody help me to purge every bit of relevant software on my computer and the Dell printer so I can get the drivers loaded and it printing again Or give me any other assistance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-printer-not-working-anymore.1025005/
Relevancy 49.02%

I replaced my Dimension 2400 with a Inspiron and kept my original 922 AIO Printer and installed it but now I can't scan or fax anymore??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-scan-or-fax-anymore-with-dell-922-aio-printer-394704.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Could you pls advise?

I have a Dell Vostro all-in-one PC, with Win Vista home basic installed. For the last 3 years, it has been running normally so far.

Today, just after I removed the external hard drive, suddenly the computer switched off. I tried to turn it on but there is no electricity indication. Nothing happened.

I checked the electricity plug, but it seemed ok as the lamp is on as usual.

Is there a virus that can do this? FYI, I have the Kaspersky internet security installed.

My sincere thanks,

A:Why can't I turn on my Dell computer anymore?

What happens if you reinstall the external HD. Also, please update your UserCP to show Vista as your OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/why-cant-i-turn-on-my-dell-computer-anymore-696581.html
Relevancy 49.02%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello my brothers dell laptop running windows will no longer play DVD s or Blu Rays It had always worked fine before no problems but now he wen t to visit a friend in Iowa and it wouldn t work there and still doesn t I mean the laptop Dell anymore Rays won't play Blu Drive like see s the disc I think but will not play it I mean I put Dell laptop won't play Blu Rays anymore in a disc and in the my computer or This PC menu it just shows BD-Rom Drive E but I can right click and click open and it brings me to a folder with the folders AACS BDMV and Certificate Now though I did just install VLC media player and when I put in a normal DVD it will play that like it will popup asking if you want to open with VLC and so on But Blu Ray s won t play So what happened and or why did it just all of a sudden stop working In VLC I get the error VLC is unable to open the MRL bluray E check log fikes for details Yet I can t find any log file anywhere to check SO any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Edit Well I got the it to work in VLC sort of like the movie I was testing was Fast amp Furious and it has discs a blu ray and standard DVD and well I was just putting in the first one Blu Ray it won t play that one VLC does not popup automatically I just get the error in VLC Unable to lad MRL blu ray error when I try to start it manually So I tried the DVD one and it loaded fine with no problems VLC popped up automatically and started playing the menu screen SO DVD s are playing just fine but not Blu Rays nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-wont-play-blu-rays-anymore.1121451/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a Dell 1750 inspiron T4300W7 laptop which worked fine until one night whilst connected to internet via a 3 dongle it just cut off. I have used the dongle many times on this laptop without issue and the dongle still works on my other laptop fine. The Dell laptop now wont connect via any internet method ie wireless or dial up connection, it just says No network access. I run a diagnose and a message said ip address not configured.

I am useless with the tech side please can somebody help

A:Dell Laptop wont connect to internet anymore

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-anymore.989080/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I am in despite need of some help for my Mom s Dell I m more cmp savvy then her so she asked me to take a look at it for to laptop connecting not internet Dell anymore through router her It s a Dell Inspiron laptop She bought it early this year or the end of last year and it has been totally fine It is no longer connecting to Internet through the wireless router There s my Mac an Acer and another Dell that all connect to it fine so there s Dell laptop not connecting to internet through router anymore nothing wrong with the router The computer has driven with us in the truck because we run a horse rescue My mom said that it dropped off the dashboard hard prior to this happening so she thinks this is the problem like something broke inside If it does connect it s not more for a few seconds then I get a white page for a few minutes then usually Internet cannot display the webpage I always get full bars but with a yellow explanation point that says Limited access When I hit Diagnose connection problems it does its little detecting thing and when you get to the end it says Problems found The default gateway is not available But the weird part is that when you plug the Dell into the actual Ethernet it connects to Internet fine Any help would be great Thanks

A:Dell laptop not connecting to internet through router anymore

Quote:

My mom said that it dropped off the dashboard hard prior to this happening so she thinks this is the problem, like something broke inside.

Quote:

But the weird part is that when you plug the Dell into the actual Ethernet it connects to Internet 100% fine.

so the PC works ALL ok other than the wireless - despite the drop
correct

if so it maybe the wireless card has dislodged or a aerial lead
on a lot of laptops - NOT all - the wireless card is under a panel on the bottom of the laptop and can be accessed - have a look and see if you can see the card and the aerial connections -

there are quite a few tutorials on the web showing dis-assembly for different dell machines - not sure which model you have ?

but also post and xirrus screen shot and lets see if it can see the wireless ok
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus
Direct link to the program is here Wi-Fi Inspector Confirmation

{If the above link does not work heres another link Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector | PCWorld}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use iStumbler 99 or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
AP Grapher - Mac OS X AirPort Stumbler and Wireless Graphing Software which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-laptop-not-connecting-to-internet-through-router-anymore-677275.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a Dell Vostro 1700 and like I said it will not connect to the internet anymore even using the ethernet port. It used to connect just fine but when Vista update Service pack 1 tried to install it stopped half way and says it could not complete the updates and the internet will not work. The wireless icon is still displayed on my desktop but no networks are detected when I try to connect and 5 or 6 used to show up before. I have tried re-installing the drivers and this hasn't helped either so I am at a bit of a loss really, any help would be much appreciated! oh I have also run virus scans too and nothing has come up!

Relevancy 47.73%

Unfortunately my hard drive failed when I was partion warranty 1420 notebook. HD a D the drive have did replace like my to Dell The does Had work. i... Bestbuy drive in not the out of town and had to have my family take it in I had backup files I created with the spotmau program that had both the C and D drive letters I now only have a C drive listed and am unsure what to do I am not very experienced with the deep end of the partion stuff I have been using the laptop for a month now and have transfered as much of the fileinfo that they were able to save I don t want to do a Had to replace the HD in my Dell 1420 notebook. Bestbuy did the warranty work. The drive does not have a D drive partion like i... restore if it will mess up what I have now but I am concerned that I will not be able to save properly for recovery later I am trying to get to a point that I can create a hd image to save for the next crisis I have a GB HD in the Laptop and a GB external drive That I would like to create the image on and then set to the side for that day when I have to restore to a new HD again I am looking for some guidance so that I will have the ability to do this stuff myself The HD hardware is not reliable as you folks probably already know Even with the warranty it still costs alot of money Thanks in advance for your help Beryla

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240862/had-to-replace-the-hd-in-my-dell-1420-notebook-bestbuy-did-the-warranty-work-the-drive-does-not-have-a-d-drive-partion-like-it-used-to-have/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I got a new Dell Latitude E laptop at work two weeks ago Everything worked perfectly except that Latitude not anymore E5550) detected (Dell Headphone suddenly the jack of my headphones seemed to pop out quickly but that wasn t much of a problem But now since two days when i plug Headphone suddenly not detected anymore (Dell Latitude E5550) in my headphones the internal speakers of the laptop keep playing and no sound is produced by my headphones I checked the Sound Manager and it doesn t detect when i plug in my headphones I checked if an other type of headphone would work Those were detected and worked perfectly I Headphone suddenly not detected anymore (Dell Latitude E5550) also checked if my current headphones would work on my smartphone and that worked as well So the headphone JVC can t be the problem The only problem seems to be the detection of this specific type of headphones by my laptop I already installed several new drivers and updates and checked the support page of Dell but this didn t fix it I just think its really strange that my headphones used to work on this laptop but suddenly not anymore Can somebode please help Headphone suddenly not detected anymore (Dell Latitude E5550)

A:Headphone suddenly not detected anymore (Dell Latitude E5550)

jvdickeI already installed several new drivers and updates and checked the support page of Dell,
Hello. Test by switching from the Realtek audio driver to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If it works with the native driver then the problem is the Realtek driver. If it doesn't work with the native driver then probably a hardware issue.
jvdickeI just think its really strange that my headphones used to work on this laptop, but suddenly not anymore.
When a laptop is running a Windows operating system, the headphone jack detects headphones using impedance sensing. Because impedance can vary quite a lot between different model of phones, some might not be detected if the parameters of the driver are not set correctly, or if the sensor is a little off.
Another problem peculiar to Win10 is that operating system updates drivers behind the scenes, but with audio drivers, newer is not always better.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19680328
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

A:Can I extend the warranty after its manufacture warranty has...

Hello, If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty. if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-I-extend-the-warranty-after-its-manufacture-warranty-has/td-p/5628410
Relevancy 47.3%

I have had the computer since May and all of a sudden the power cord will not plug into the computer, thus the laptop cannot charge.  I had no issues until this last weekend when I went to plug in the power cord, it just fell out.  I can't tell if somehow the receiving end inside of the computer got moved, or if the metal end of the power cord got pushed deeper into the hard rubber part of the cord.  It appears the cord cannot reach to connect.

A:Dell Inspiron 15 300 series power cord won't plug into laptop anymore

Hi Scxc1638,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Do you have another power adapter to try or to test this on another system?
please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address and a picture of the adapter port.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996881
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
today i received my new Dell XPS 13 9350. After Upgrading my BIOS to 1.19 and setting up my System I backup my Drive and restored it on the Samsung 950 Pro. But it doesn't boot!
Hour after hour i tested, tried in BIOS etc. and almost gave up. Even Booting from USB to reinstall or Booting Dell Diagnosis didn't worked. But the PM951 SSD worked fine. So lastly I downgraded to 1.0.5 and the 950 Pro worked.....
Question: Where can I find a newer BIOS than 1.0.5 but older than 1.19? I can't find any downloads.

A:[WARNING] Dell XPS 13 9350 BIOS 1.19 Upgrade won't Boot with Samsung 950 Pro anymore

(SEE MESSAGE SENT TO DELL REGARDING THIS ISSUE WITH MY XPS 15 9550)
Hello,

Replacing the motherboard did not resolve the issue; however, I now have a better understanding as to what's happening:

(tested with 2 SSD's, and 2 HDD's)
(tested with original and replaced motherboard)
(tested with both legacy and uefi boot modes)
(tested with secure boot enabled/disabled)
(tested with original BIOS firmware version, and latest --JAN 5th)
SCENARIO #1 (SATA1 as boot drive, m.2 as secondary) :

-BIOS randomly does not detect SATA1 drive (does not show in System Configuration). 
-"No boot device found"' error, followed by dell system check.

SCENARIO #2 (m.2 as boot drive, SATA1 as secondary):

-BIOS randomly does not detect SATA1 drive (does not show in System Configuration). 
-Post BIOS, Dell logo with spinner animation will show for more than a minute, and then boot into windows.
-SATA1 drive will almost always show in Windows (even though BIOS does not report it).

SCENARIO #3 (m.2 as boot drive, SATA1 disabled in BIOS):

-Windows boots fast (less than 10-15 seconds)

CONCLUSION:

The SATA1 drive is not always detected/initialized early on in the boot process (BIOS); it is often detected/initialized later on in the process (POST BIOS), but this causes a significant startup delay. 
TEMPORARY FIX:

Disable SATA1 in BIOS.

The problem described above makes the SATA1 drive unusable (given its poor stability) as a primary boot device, and impractical as a secondary drive.

Note: Most XPS users do not have a SATA1 drive (the larger battery takes its place), and/or are using RAID mode (I have not tested this configuration); therefore, this is not likely to be a well known issue...  PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!

Regards,
John

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19668355
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay just wondering if I'm covered which I hope I am First off I'm using Macrium Reflect the FREE edition First Am covered? I thing was I reformatted my hard drive using Diskpart and set up one partion mb for the system and the rest for the main drive I than found a program to check the alignment on both and it said I was good to go Then after that I down loaded all the drivers from Dell and installed them in order from a topic in the DELL Fourm All the drivers that I have installed I put them as Am I covered? well on my D drive Then I ran a virus checker Norton to check it out Then after that I installed macrium Reflect and made a rescuse disk using a gb flash drive USB and made an image of the C drive The drivers are also on my D drive and my flash card as well Then after I installed programs I made an image of the C drive and put a copy on my D drive as well as my USB drive In addition to this I have a program called GoodSync that when I make a change to some of my programs excell word favorites email and sticky notes that they are updated as well onto my GB USB Poor USB only has GB left LOL In addition to all this all my personal data are also on my D drive So do you think I'm covered in case I lose my OS again ToolBox Everyone has a toolbox to make sure if something happens they are covered as well I have Reflect Free and Norton Daemon and GoodSync Are their any others that I would need My one question that I have is how can I test the images out or is it pot luck Thanks

A:Am I covered?

Hi,

It sounds like you have it covered.

One question : is the D partition on the same disk as C? If so, then there is of course a risk that should the hard disk fail, then both your OS on C, as well as your backups on D are gone.

Testing Macrium : yes, it is rather pot-luck, but you should boot from the rescue USB you made, and make sure you can at least browse to the external drive that your Macrium image is stored on.

Toolbox : a second anti-malware product is always a good idea - I recommend FREE Malwarebytes. Consider using YUMI Multiboot to create a bootable USB with all your tools (incl. a bootable Windows 7 ISO) on it.

Boot and run Linux from a USB flash memory stick | USB Pen Drive Linux

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213781-am-i-covered.html
Relevancy 45.58%

well aol safety and security has done it again..telling me to turn off my microsoft firewall and my avg anti virus. riiiight. i was gonna delete the aol stuff about a week ago but got behind...anyway... this is what im running right now- is it enough so i can just ditch aol with no bad effects? i remember cheeseball telling me it wasnt really that good anyway.

all microsoft current updates for xp
avg - free version
ad-aware se personal
spy catcher
ewido-free version
spyware blaster-free

thanks alot for any insight!
tony

A:am i covered?

I would also want Spybot S & E & sywareGuard. No experience with Spy catcher ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am-i-covered.454176/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi have just removed My Trend AV software causes more probs than it solved I have installed Spybot and AVGFree and reactivated my Windows Firewall Iwant to be sure I am fully covered Is the windows firewall ok to use or can you recommend a free one Not Zone Alarm as I cant be rsed with all that sign up malarky I shall post a HJT for check Many thanks Reidy Logfile of HijackThis v Scan Am I covered??? saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Am I covered??? WINDOWS System Am I covered??? smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe Am I covered??? C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE c APPS HIDSERVICE HIDSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT delboy exe exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http home bt yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAHE EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SpywareBot C Program Files SpywareBot SpywareBot exe -boot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF A FD C -A C- FC-ADB - D Creative Software AutoUpdate - http www creative com su ocx CTSUEng cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B C E-F - A - B -C FEFEC yucsetreg Class - C Program Files Yahoo common yucconfig dll O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo common yinsthelper dll O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http martin-r spaces live com PhotoUpload MsnPUpld cab O - DPF A CD - C - BAF-A EC- D F F - https www cuworld com PIC inner pic packages CUworld cab O - DPF - F- F -BBC - BE Slide Image Uploader Control - htt... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am-i-covered.567885/
Relevancy 45.58%

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 45.15%

Something has taken over my desktop. About ¾ of the desktop from the right hands side is covered by a white page saying, “Action canceled…”. I right clicked on the page and got the URL address as follows.

res://C:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#http://www.msn.com/

The EZ firewall also keeps popping up with a message that something is trying to access the Internet from my computer. Can you tell me what to do?

Thanks,

ars

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys i've been a member here for awhile and have found all your posts and help to covered Desktop many people excelent advise In fact i have found most of my problems fixed by just looking through the many posts you guys help people with Im sure my recent problem is somewhere discused but could not find it I recently had trouble Desktop covered with my PC and my Anti-Virus found a couple different hits and kept deleting the same viruses I downloaded AdAware and reinstaled my Zonealarm this fixed my Desktop covered virus and Spyware problems but now i find that my Desktop is covered with a shifting grey to white desktop Hope you can help me with this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Explorer SE Basic Monitor exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE calcheck exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Cody My Documents New Folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - DE F- -B - DEA- B B C B - sbin dll file missing F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - BHO BestOffers Shoppin... Read more

A:Desktop covered

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Quote:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VHorse] C:\Program Files\VisualHorse\vhorse.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disney Digital VideoCAM Driver] "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3EDDDE76-242C-47A5-BB93-D72F5F2B679D}\ICON.exe"

Are these programs that you installed? If so, please tell me about them.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Then download & Install - http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe

When you reach the final page of the installation process, make sure "Run fixit" is checked.
Follow the on-screen prompts & reboot your computer when instructed to do so.

**Do not be alarmed if your computer takes longer than usual to load.

FixWareOut will produce a logfile, report.txt located within the C:\fixwareout folder

After running FixwareOut & rebooting ...

Download & install CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64) http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/CleanUp4.0.exe

Download Ewido Anti-Malware - http://www.ewido.net/en/download/Install Ewido Anti-Malware
Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the top of the main screen click Shield
Click the word active to change it to inactive
On the top of the main screen click Update.
Then click on Start Update.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
http://download.ewido.net/ewido-sign...ll-current.exeOnce the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido anti-spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do another HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {3DE4801F-7690-B062-3DEA-048B1B16C66B} - sbin.dll (file missing)
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: localhost 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: BestOffers Shopping BHO - {F5DE8ADB-4A69-4e56-96AB-823171C8E9D8} - C:\Program Files\TBONAS\TBONlchr.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: BestOffers Shopping v1.20 - {7FD44536-9DF0-4034-939F-5BD4D98E3187} - C:\Program Files\TBONAS\TBONlchr.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/desktop-covered-113058.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This particular vista problem was solved for many people over a year ago, but after trying ALL of the suggestions, my desktop icons are still covered with the generic icons. I have increased the size of the original icons so I can get some work done, but the covers are still annoying.

The problem began when I installed the most recent automatic update for my OS from Microsoft last Thursday (03/19/09). I then took my machine back to a previous restore point, but the problem remained. I figured, "what the hell?," and put the updates back in place.

I am runing Vista Ultimate 64-bit on a Custom-built PC (2008) with a Q6700 CPU, 512 GT5800 video card, and 4 megs of DDR2 RAM. I fancy myself to be somewhat sophisticated, but this issue has kicked my ass for three days.

Thanks in advance for any further suggestions you may have.

John Hoffman
Oshkosh, WI

A:Covered desktop icons

Hello John,

Can you post a screenshot of this to help see what may be the issue?

Thank you,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217598-covered-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there,
A black bulb and bar is covering the bottom of the screen, so startmenu and taskbar not reacheable with the mouse.
<ctrl>+<esc> on the keybord does open the startmenu.
What kind of malware is runnung..?? How can that be fixed...?
thanks in advance, PC11 (Ladzie)

A:vista taskbar covered

Can you take a screen shot or use the snipping tool to post a picture of this?What happens when you right click on this area?See if the information at this website helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482968/vista-taskbar-covered/
Relevancy 44.72%

A new button has appeared on my computer which covers the 'restore down' button (see attached figure). Where did it come from? How do I get rid of it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restore-down-button-covered-495463.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Have a 3 month old envoy for my wife same one I bought myself and my daughterOpened the laptop and heard a crackScreen was slightly popped out and was crackedSpent over an hr with service and they want about $315 to repair/replace despite prior posts showing that hp did honor warranty and ultimately replaced the screenNeed help from corporate

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-broke-won-t-be-covered/td-p/5741059
Relevancy 44.72%

The Start button and status bar at the bottom of my screen is being covered up by other apps.
IE and Word cover all the way to the bottom of the screen. This is a recent change, I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere ( I think the other day I accidently dragged the bar up to the left side).
Can I chage a setting to keep the status bar in view?

Relevancy 44.29%

hello.... my name is Terry and my pc's icons are being covered up by little white pages...when i restart my computer the icons show up perfectly but then after a minute or two the white pages cover it up.........plezz help.....my computer is a emachines W3653 series... its running on a 64 bit .... what eva that means....

A:windows vista icons are being covered up...

Hi,

This fix seems to work for your problem sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade_Jones

If that doesn't work then try this
Rebuilding the Icon Cache Database:

1. Close all folder windows that are currently open.

2. Launch Task Manager using the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence, or by running taskmgr.exe.

3. In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.

4. Click the End process button when asked for confirmation.

5. From the File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run?)

6. Type CMD.EXE, and click OK

7. In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:

CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local

DEL IconCache.db /a

EXIT

8. In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run?)

9. Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-icons-are-being-covered-up-492377.html
Relevancy 44.29%
A:I'm sure this has been covered before -- Wireless File Sharing

1) Wireless vs Wired connection: It been a while but I think your wired connection is 10/100 MB while your wireless is 54 MB. And depending on the type of wireless you will not get the max 54MB.

2) Its going to be slow if you are transferring large files as in GB of music.

3) Something that may speed up the process would be to compress the data before you transfer it. Also try changing the frequency of your wireless to make sure you are not getting any interference from other electrical devices.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202546-im-sure-has-been-covered-before-wireless-file-sharing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Do You want your Username, or any other text uniquely covered? Or your Username in your sig?

Place your requests here.

A:Have your Username (Any text) uniquely covered!

Could you please do one with my name? Maybe something with neon colors?
Marc

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/28880-have-your-username-any-text-uniquely-covered.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have recently bought HP DV4 notebook through flipkart. It was mentioned there that there the product comes  with 1 year ADP waranty. However the  waranty status on HP website indicates normal waranty without any mention aobut ADP. How can I ensure if my product is civered under ADP waranty. 

A:How to confirm if my product is covered under ADP waranty

Most laptops come with 1-3 year standard warranty. ADP is purchased as an extra option.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-confirm-if-my-product-is-covered-under-ADP-waranty/td-p/2300873
Relevancy 44.29%

This is something that as a gamer I have been bothered about for a few years now. To this day I have never received a direct x update via windows update. It's always been me manually downloading it.

I realize they do package the redist with many new games, but I'm asking why there is a need for that?

Basically I'm asking for someone to remind me why packaging this as a redistributable has been chosen over the simplicity of windows update in this case.
The odds of a direct x update causing problems are pretty remote. No more so than any other update.

A:Why is direct x not covered by Windows update?

Love how not only does anyone have any input. No one seems to know. Even the guys at MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/215415-why-direct-x-not-covered-windows-update.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Yesterday when i Spyware by covered Raze wallpaper was browsing internet suddenly a setup begin to wallpaper covered by Raze Spyware install something named quot Monaco Gold Casino quot which stopped only when i disconnected my LAN card based internet and now a file named quot Continue Monaco Gold Casino setup quot is on my desktop moreover when i saw my desktop wallpaper it was covered by Raze Spyware stating DANGER SPYWARE in flashing red font i decided to scan my computer with AVG Free edition which found kind of viruses named Trogan Horse Generic VOX Size KB wallpaper covered by Raze Spyware Trogan Horse Downloader Generic HGT Size KB under several different paths all lying in C windows system quot filename exe quot where file names are like A AEE -CDF - -AC E- F EOC exe and similar file names with above mention virus infections moreover AVG free anti virus is prompting me again and again about this viruses while i am using my computer these infected files are not healable so AVG is insolating them in virus vault i am sending my HijackThis log looking forward to your reply thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files eLitecore Cyberoam Client for Online CyberoamClient exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgvv exe D Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SoundMan soundman exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run haqqh exe C WINDOWS System haqqh exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - DPF FFFF - - A-A C - B F FC - http download energy-factor com dialer IN activex IN exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D DFB -EBFF- FAA- BF- FC F E BA NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip CB EBC -CCE - AB -B - B E C CB NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D DFB -EBFF- FAA- BF- FC F E BA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D DFB -EBFF- FAA- BF- FC F E BA NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - Service ... Read more

A:wallpaper covered by Raze Spyware

Why do you not have any Microsoft Service Packs installed on this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wallpaper-covered-by-raze-spyware.484788/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
This morning my computer was just fine. however this evening when i switched it on, i couldn't see my wallpaper, but just a black screen. I tried changing it back to the wallpaper, but even though the wallpaper seemed to change, i still could only see a black screen. The wallpaper is there, because when i close a game it appears for a second, then gets back to the black screen. It's like it is being covered by the background colour. Everything is still working fine, and i can use all the icons on my desktop, however a black desktop is very annoying ... i would really like some help!
Thanks!

Relevancy 44.29%

The warranty end date on my HP Envy 23 was February 17, 2016 and now I am getting an imminet hard drive failure message. It is now 10/2016 and was wondering if Seagate still warants this drive (1TB SSHD)?  Seagates warranty page instructs me to contact the original vendor and I mentioned earlier, the HP statndard warranty  expired 6 months ago.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Is-my-hard-drive-still-covered-by-the-manufacter-after-the/td-p/5793093
Relevancy 43.86%

Yeah, so I put off and delayed my upgrade to windows 8.1, so I did it and now I have so many folders on my desktop they extend past the screen. If anyone has some suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Upgraded to windows 8.1, desktop is covered with folders

From what I can make out those yellow Folders carry the extension of .inf, usually used during the installation of things. I'd make another Folder named INF Files and move all those with the extension of .inf into it, probably won't cause any problem.
Overview of INF Files (Windows Drivers)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55413-upgraded-windows-8-1-desktop-covered-folders.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When I open up Internet explorer the menu, favourites & command bars are blacked out. What causes this and how do I correct it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/menu-bars-covered-by-a-black-mask.1017813/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have CA Associates E-Trust Security Suite as i have written earlier installed via a CD on June th all is working just fine - tech support stayed with me on the phone while i installed which was priceless - i didn t pay either it s offered to its customers for the new install I had forgotten that my ISP Earthlink offers email spam-control for it s own program and because i know it s not good to have two separate versions programs running the same type of protection here is my question The anti-spam portion of the SecuritySuite offers Email Spam protection for my Outlook Express but i don t think it protects the server s incoming mail that receives the email prior to downloading into O E my server is Earthlink and it do? should i i am - anti-spam program(s) 'doubled-covered'? what offers it s own email spam control for email it receives initially going into it s own email program i really don t have to even use O E this can be disabled if necessary I don anti-spam program(s) - am i 'doubled-covered'? what should i do? t believe Earthlink s spam control continues onto Outlook Express but that s o k since E-Trust anti-spam program(s) - am i 'doubled-covered'? what should i do? does protect that program once the email is downloaded into it So should i let Earthlink s program continue run enable for email that is first received by it before it is downloaded into O E that does have protection via E Trust - i m just trying to avoid double-coverage thank you so much - Edythe nbsp

A:anti-spam program(s) - am i 'doubled-covered'? what should i do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-spam-program-s-am-i-doubled-covered-what-should-i-do.589138/
Relevancy 43.86%

Most of the icons on my desktop are partially covered up.

Looks like a white page with the top corner turned down.
Inside the page is what looks like the old Windows 3.11 Window with 6 tiny icons inside the window.

Tried everything I could find in Control Panel... How can I make these go away.

Tried to attach sample icon for program Deluge. Attachment shows as Deluge.exe, but it should be a shortcut to the exe.

A:Icons covered up with page that looks like old Windows 3.11 Window

Hello RoboticsProfess, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post a screenshot showing this to help see what may be wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229596-icons-covered-up-page-looks-like-old-windows-3-11-window.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop has faulty memory The memory is permanently fixed to the motherboard so it cannot be easily replaced by me nbsp According to the warranty check I have an active HP Bundled Hardware Offsite Support but I'm not quite sure what that means I opened a case and explained the issue and they got back to me claiming my laptop was out of warranty and directed me to contact the HP sales team to Hardware Offsite Support" "HP ? What Bundled is by covered purchase new memory nbsp What I find staggering here is that HP's customer support doesn't even What is covered by "HP Bundled Hardware Offsite Support" ? know their own products How can I purchase new memory when I have no way to fit it nbsp Can somebody please explain what HP Bundled Hardware Offsite Support actually covers I am getting absolutely nowhere with HP's support nbsp I spent a fortune on this laptop and I'm so very disappointed to find it has barely lasted just over a year and HP's support has so far been entirely unhelpful nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/What-is-covered-by-quot-HP-Bundled-Hardware-Offsite-Support/td-p/5654682
Relevancy 43.86%

Any help would be greatly appreciated The problem has just gotten worse since the clickspring again thread After I rebooted I used system restore to go back to avoid any possible popups IF you need a hijack this log help! adware/trojan/clickspring.. covered Computer with please let me know please help SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log http www superantispyware com Generated at AM Application Version Core Rules Database Version Trace Rules Database Version Scan type Complete Scan Total Scan Time Memory items scanned Memory Computer covered with adware/trojan/clickspring.. help! threats detected Registry items scanned Registry threats detected File items scanned File threats detected Trojan DCOM Server HKLM Software Classes CLSID C CD D - AC- - BC-A B HKCR CLSID C CD D - AC- - BC-A B HKCR CLSID C CD D - AC- - BC-A B InProcServer HKCR CLSID C CD D - AC- - BC-A B InProcServer ThreadingModel C WINDOWS SYSTEM KFAROX DLL HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer SharedTaskScheduler C CD D - AC- - BC-A B HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad DCOM Server HKCR CLSID C CD D - AC- - BC-A B Unclassified Unknown Origin HKLM Software Classes CLSID C FA- C - bce- C- DC DCD HKCR CLSID C FA- C - BCE- C- DC DCD HKCR CLSID C FA- C - BCE- C- DC DCD InprocServer HKCR CLSID C FA- C - BCE- C- DC DCD InprocServer ThreadingModel C WINDOWS SYSTEM ADVVPI DLL HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer ShellExecuteHooks C FA- C - bce- C- DC DCD HKCR CLSID C FA- C - BCE- C- DC DCD C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS STEVEN LARRY-VQXEVLQAX LOCAL SETTINGS TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES CONTENT IE U SR BOT DLL Adware ClickSpring Resident HKLM Software Classes CLSID B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD HKCR CLSID B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD HKCR CLSID B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD InprocServer HKCR CLSID B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD InprocServer ThreadingModel HKCR CLSID B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD Programmable HKCR CLSID B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD TypeLib C WINDOWS SYSTEM EQAEP DLL HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects B A C- B-D C- C - C DBE D BD Adware Vundo Variant HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects C CA - - E - - BE B AD HKCR CLSID C CA - - E - - BE B AD HKCR CLSID C CA - - E - - BE B AD InprocServer HKCR CLSID C CA - - E - - BE B AD InprocServer ThreadingModel C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSQRR DLL Rootkit ShapeChanger HKLM System ControlSet Services Adla C WINDOWS SYSTEM ADLA SYS HKLM System ControlSet Services Adla HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Adla Trojan Net-K HKLM System ControlSet Services NDnet C WINDOWS SYSTEM KSYS SYS HKLM System ControlSet Services NDnet HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services NDnet Rootkit RunTime HKLM System ControlSet Services runtime C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS RUNTIME SYS HKLM System ControlSet Services runtime HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services runtime HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control SafeBoot Minimal runtime sys HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control SafeBoot Network runtime sys Adware Tracking Cookie C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Steven LARRY-VQXEVLQAX Cookies email protected txt C Docume... Read more

A:Computer covered with adware/trojan/clickspring.. help!

Closing duplicate thread, please continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/security/589359-clickspring-again.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-covered-with-adware-trojan-clickspring-help.589915/
Relevancy 43.86%

A while ago, one of our profiles lost the left 1/5 of the screen to a set of menus. It shows, Folder Tasks, Other Places, and Detials.

Altho they do collapse, the bar stays. How can I get rid of it? I've looked at the registry for that profile and can't see anything relevant.

Thanx in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-has-left-1-5-covered-by-menu-screen.394674/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

The other day, after running OK for several months, Windows 7 failed to start. In the end I did a clean install again. Everything is now working again, except for one niggling little problem.

All the icons on the desktop, with the exception of the rubbish bin, is overlaid with what I would call the "Default Icon". The icon you would see if a program didn't have it's own icon? Under most of the icons, you can actually see parts of the "propper" icon sticking out from the edges.

Quite a lot of "help" pages suggest that that the IconCache file might be at fault. But I have tried many things to resolve this problem, but so far it just will not go away.

So any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Terry

A:Desktop Icons covered by default icon

Hello Terry, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It sounds like it's the shortcut arrow overlay on the icon that has been messed up. Using OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to restore the default arrow should fix this for you.

Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264478-desktop-icons-covered-default-icon.html
Relevancy 43.43%

What causes picture folders in documents to all of a sudden all be covered with a white page image?
Is there a fix for this?
Thank you

A:picture folders in documents are covered with a white page

This is an unclear question, what type of documents? folders in documents? white page?

are you saying your thumbnail images are not loading in windows explorer?

more info please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517909/picture-folders-in-documents-are-covered-with-a-white-page/
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought the notebook last December with 1-year warranty in the US.Now I'm working in Vietnam and my screen is broken. but it isn't covered although I still have 4-month warranty (stated on the Hp support assistant). I have contacted the local support center and they refuse to cover this under warranty even though my notebook still has 4 months until the warranty period ends, unless I submit the original invoice (which I lost 2 months ago) after moving.How can I solve this problem and guarantee my warranty rights?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Broken-screen-not-covered-by-local-support-center/td-p/5741152
Relevancy 43.43%

In the preview pane to the right it displays images Preview images pane cropped/covered showing as if a layer of a solid colour has just been thrown over the majority of it It seems as though it just decides to stop loading the image and use a colour available in it to fill in the rest The image itself is fine it's just the way it's being displayed The only way I have been able to get around this is to open up the file in Paint and save it which doesn't always work It's tedious to keep doing this and I was wondering if there was something I could try and do to fix the problem I do have OldNewExplorer installed to allow the details pane to show up at the bottom however I uninstalled it and still have this issue Attached is a file that visualizes the problem that I am having the Preview pane showing images cropped/covered selected image is the one displayed on the left in the preview pane and as you can see the lower half is coloured out

A:Preview pane showing images cropped/covered

Hi,
OS, version and installed RAM?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545739/preview-pane-showing-images-croppedcovered/
Relevancy 43.43%

I?m evaluating the purchase of a HP Minitower P/N P5K13EA#ABZ with the HP Care Pack UF362E.I need to install a couple of PCIe boards inside: one Wi-Fi and one Firewire IEEE1394a.I also need to install a second HDD of 4 Tb.I want to know if I have freedom to choose the HW to be installed (of course as long as the HW interfaces are compatible with the PC) and also if I have freedom to install them or I have to ask for the ON-site Technical Support available through the HP Care Pack.Thanks in advance.Enrique Testini

A:Installing PCIe Boards and HDDs while covered by an HP Care ...

Enrique, welcome to the forum. This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.  You should contact HP Customer Support for answers to your questions.  This is the only way for you to assure that you are getting the correct information. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Installing-PCIe-Boards-and-HDDs-while-covered-by-an-HP-Care/td-p/5538376
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve read the Repair Install tutorial several times and I don t believe these questions are covered My computer only came with Factory Restore discs actually - basic covered not Repair in tutorial Install questions I had to burn them myself So these are not Win discs per se and I have to download one from the links in the tutorial correct I do know how to work Repair Install - basic questions not covered in tutorial with iso files How do registration serial numbers etc work if I m downloading a copy of Win from a website Won t that just be some sort of demo version Also does any of this violate my warranty I have no idea what this Repair Install - basic questions not covered in tutorial means Device drivers have these ready to install Doesn t a computer have scores if not hundreds of drivers Where do I find them Or does that just mean drivers for obvious externals like a wireless adapter Do I download the x or x version My existing Win is bit but half my programs are in a folder called c Program Files x I m confused I have Win Pro How do I know if I have the N version Many thanks This is my last hope for a severely damaged OS

A:Repair Install - basic questions not covered in tutorial

Quote: Originally Posted by catalogue

1) My computer only came with ‘Factory Restore’ discs (actually, I had to burn them myself). So these are *not* Win 7 discs per se, and I have to download one from the links in the tutorial – correct? (I do know how to work with iso files)

The restore disks should work just fine. Make sure you save all your files to a flash drive or something of the like if you plan on restoring using the disks.

2) How do registration, serial numbers etc. work if I’m downloading a copy of Win 7 from a website? Won’t that just be some sort of demo version? Also, does any of this violate my warranty?

The license code should be on the side of your computer. You just enter that in, and it checks it online. Sometimes, you will need to install the LAN driver first so it can connect, often found on the CD that came with the motherboard titled drivers.

3) I have no idea what this means: “Device drivers – have these ready to install”. Doesn’t a computer have scores if not hundreds of drivers? Where do I find them? Or does that just mean drivers for obvious externals like a wireless adapter?

A single computer requires a few drivers based on hardware. As mentioned, these are either found on a CD, or online. CD drivers can at times be outdated. Online, you can 1. look up the company of your computer to find the drivers, or 2. look up individual components in your computer for the company who made them. If you tell me what your computer is called, I can look it up if you need me to.

4) Do I download the x86 or x64 version? My existing Win 7 is 64 bit, but half my programs are in a folder called c:\Program Files (x86). I’m confused.

64bit will have both x86 and x64, while 32bit will only have x86. Only use 64bit if you have 4GB of RAM or higher.

5) I have Win 7 Pro. How do I know if I have the N version?

Which country are you from? America should only need the regular version. Install Win 7 pro.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/246405-repair-install-basic-questions-not-covered-tutorial.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all

Just bought a new (2nd hand) Intel chip off Ebay - Northwood 3.4 GHz which i was planning to put in my shuttle but the pin side seems to encompassed in a white compound that has dried so the chips are intact but it looks unsightly and i dont know whether it will affect the performance (havent tried it yet)

Here is a very poor quality image, i will try and take a higher quality pic tomorrow

Please tell me what you think, surely if this is the thermal compound it should not have been put on the underside?

Thanks

A:Surely This Cant Be Right!?! Intel Chip covered in white compound!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surely-this-cant-be-right-intel-chip-covered-in-white-compound.393296/
Relevancy 43.43%

I read a solution to this in another area of this forum.Unfortunately the fix is for XP and not vista.I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do.I've been at it for three days and I'm getting kinda' frustrated.
I would be grateful for any help.

Vista Premium
core 2 duo 2.13 ghz
4gb ram

here's a screenshot:

A:Program icons suddenly covered by white square

Hi, looks like your icon cache is corrupt this should fix it:-
Go to Start all programs accessories and right click on command prompt select ?run as administrator?

type "taskkill /im explorer.exe /f" without quotes press enter

Now type each line and press enter after each line.
Note the spaces.

CD %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local

attrib -h IconCache.db

del IconCache.db

Close the window and reboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-icons-suddenly-covered-by-white-square-325882.html
Relevancy 43%

in a big problem my phone was first proper after hard reset my phone shows dip;ay covered with white horizontal lines need help,,,,,thanx in advance

A:need help .......my lumia 520 display is fully covered with white horizontal lines need help

dumb question, but have you restarted the phone first?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433881-need-help-my-lumia-520-display-fully-covered-white-horizontal-lines-need-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

-- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system a gos08 being log is picture this hijack solid covered colour) by (background file. winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files ESET nod krn exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ESET nod kui exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Sony SonicStage SSAAD exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system searchindexer exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system searchprotocolhost exe C Program Files Avant Browser avant exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program gos08 hijack this log file. (background picture is being covered by a solid colour) Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Documents and Settings Craig Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE GKQ TQHV dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - C AF A - F - BD-F - C D - no file O - Toolbar Protection Bar - D BAA- BD - C -BE B- BD BD F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Winupdates skdpj exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run NoActiveDesktopChanges O - HKUS S- - - Run taskdir C WINDOWS system taskdir exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run taskdir C WINDOWS system taskdir exe User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t U... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/gos08-hijack-this-log-file-background-picture-is-being-covered-by-a-solid-colour-251622.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all The screen of my Inspiron randomly becomes completely covered in white fuzzy lines the entire screen There is no particular pattern for when this happens It sometimes happens as soon as I log in and begin typing and or clicking on the mouse pad and on other occasions I can use the laptop for a good randomly in screen Inspiron lines horizontal covered 3520 fuzzy white hour or two before it happens Today for example I used the laptop for minutes and it happened times with each occasion lasting about - seconds in duration However yesterday I used the laptop for over an hour and it didn t happen at all I imagine this is a hardware problem relating Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines to a wire connecting the screen as it only happens when I m actually using Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines the laptop to type or surf the web etc I can watch a film on the laptop for a straight hours and it won t happen once so long as I don t touch the machine So I m thinking that possibly the mild vibrations caused by me pressing the keys and or mouse pad are causing a wire to disconnect or become lose It doesn t matter if the laptop is hot or cold it s indiscriminate I have ran all the applicable tests on SupportAssist and no issue is found I ve also updated all drivers About months ago I upgraded from Windows to and the problem stopped for a short while so I was hopeful it had been a software glitch However it Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines soon started again and now it s happening so frequently the laptop is basically useless other than for watching films clips Any ideas suggestions guys Many thanks

A:Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines

If that's the cause, then the image should be ok on an external screen - that would be the first thing to check.  
If it's not, the problem is with the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993371
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop with a Pentium 4HT processor, running Windows 7. I recently bought this from the Craigslist website and am having a problem. I bought a cheap USB keyboard for it, however, when I press something on the keyboard it displays something completely different. Such as, if I press ``r`` it will automatically type in ``qweru`` without the quotes. I`ve tried this keyboard on everything else in the house and it works fine. I have also reinstalled the drivers for the keyboard to no avail. My one thought is that I`ve bought a computer with a pirated OS installed. Would this be my problem, or should I be looking elsewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:USB keyboards

Hi:

Sorry to here about your problem, but their is nothing we can do since you are running a pirated copy of windows. Against forum rules. Please review them again.

In addition you using about 6 year PC, designed to run XP. Suggest that you by a legit copy XP and use it. This old of a PC maybe can't handle Win 7.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-keyboards-609308.html