Windows Support Forum

Why aren't my Win8 Laptop Modifier keys working?

Q: Why aren't my Win8 Laptop Modifier keys working?

Hi I have an out of warranty HP Envy15 Running Win 8.1 and when I try to use modifier keys eg Windows Key + X, and Windows Key + PrintScreen, nothing happens. I have removed and reinstalled keyboard drivers with no luck.
Any thoughts on what the problem is and how I could fix it? Would like to have full use of these ideally.
Thanbks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/362281-why-arent-my-win8-laptop-modifier-keys-working.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why aren't my Win8 Laptop Modifier keys working?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.17%

Hey all i keys aren't Laptop Vaio Function working. got one more problem with my Vaio After i reinstalled Windows XP Pro don t have original sony Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working. recovery cd the function keys stopped working I mean ones to change brightness of the screen volume switch to external monitor The ones that can be accessed by pressing quot Fn quot key I m not talking about those dedicated keys that aren t on the keyboard I did downloaded ALL drivers that were on sony drivers page but function keys are still inoperable I looked in BIOS and there was option to switch between different modes of Fn It said that if Function keys aren t working i might Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working. want to switch between those and see whichever will work I tried switching restarted pc every time but Fn keys still aren t working It s Sony Vaio VGN-FS Pentium M Centrino mb ram http esupport sony com perl swu-list pl teType OriginalI quot m thinking about getting Sony Recover CD and reinstalling windows perhaps it has some hidden drivers for quot Fn quot Any other ideas Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working.

Hi,
Go to BIOS and check with factory defaults. and reboot the laptop
then check with the function keys, and check wiht F8 key also, if it works then problem lies with the OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31365/vaio-laptop-function-keys-arent-working/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Guys,

I am a member of the sevenforums and currently have a win8 laptop so thought I'd sign up here (seems to be the same people behind both forums).

I'm having a little trouble and would really appreciate some feedback.

My Lenovo ideapad z500 had 2 keys (K and I) that stopped working (they worked on the touchscreen) and then after that the delete, 8, and arrow keys topped working. Not sure why.

Before I get the keyboard replaced I'm wondering if it could be something else? There's no water damage and I haven't dropped it so I'm confused. I was told it has to be water damage but maybe 1 drop from the condensation on a glass of water is all I can think that may have affected it.

Would be great for some input on this issue.

Thanks!

A:Laptop Keys Stopped working - Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Win8

I was told it has to be water damage

Not true. In fact, water in the keyboard normally does not cause permanent damage. That is, once the water dries, all works again - most of the time. But that does depend on many variables - type of keyboard membrane, how much water, if just water (no sugars or cream, for example), and how much dust, dirt, oily hair/dander, cigarette smoke, cookie crumbs, etc. are under the keys when the water was spilled. The greater damage generally comes when the water works it way through the keyboard and into the computer's electronics.

I would try a regular PC keyboard first to see what happens. If all the keys work properly with a standard USB keyboard, then you can be pretty certain it is the notebook keyboard at fault, and not something more serious.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57171-laptop-keys-stopped-working-lenovo-ideapad-z500-win8.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently got given a Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 Model: 1014

I plugged it in and went to windows update, it installed the keyboard and all working.

Now i have a program that i want to configure the F1 keys to make them do something in the program, I've done this before on my old keyboard but this time it isn't recognising.... F2 key is recognised as CTRL+Z

I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from MS website and its not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

A:F2 F3 F4..... Keys aren't working

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that those keys are not detected correctly at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57667-f2-f3-f4-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Numbers are part of password, can't login. Please advise. Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Number keys aren't working

Hi, See if you can log on via the on screen keyboard - at the sign in screen, click the Ease of Access icon ( lower right corner ) and select On-Screen Keyboard. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Number-keys-aren-t-working/td-p/5694292
Relevancy 80.41%

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

A:Some keyboard keys aren't working

Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousczech

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

They both USB, wireless, Bluetooth, or PS2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99523-some-keyboard-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 78.69%

b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d6a87b2e-e53d-4aa4-a40e-ce1dce08e651/keys-arent-working-correctlyusing-on-screen-keyboard?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 78.69%

b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.

A:keys aren't working correctly(Using on screen keyboard)

Sounds like it could be a mechanical fault Keyboards work as a matrix of switches and if there is a problem with the interconnections it can sometimes cause apparently random failures such as yours. If you were getting the wrong characters I would suspect a software issue, (which of cause it still may be),

My best advice is to see if you can find a local Tech that gives free estimates for repairs and let them diagnose it for you, if you were dealing with a desktop it would be a simple swap out of the keyboard but laptops are not that easy to either get at the keyboard to check/change or to pick up a keyboard for testing.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74553-keys-arent-working-correctly-using-screen-keyboard.html
Relevancy 74.39%

hi i m having a problem with my toshiba laptop keyboard about a week ago i noticed i was no longer able to use the control key to copy and paste but i rarely use that key for anything else so i didn t think much of it except that i must ve accidently changed some command now my shift key isn t working--as you can tell from the lack of capitalization in this i think this is a different problem than what was addressed in earlier keys cntrl aren't help satellite workin shift, keyboard with laptop problems; toshiba posts about shift key problems in toshiba laptops in my case the shift key worked only sporadically currently it s not working at all first the right one stopped working now the left one isn t working either there doesn t seem to be any pattern to when they do don t work so it seems unlikely that these keys suddenly got stuck or something i m checking for viruses now does anyone have any other ideas now it s working that s so strange and annoying Thanks help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin Laurel nbsp

A:help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin

Laptop keyboards don't last forever. It may be time for a replacement

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-keyboard-problems-shift-cntrl-keys-arent-workin.81634/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello Skengmans I've Win8.1 affecting Laptop HELP!!! Rookit BootKit Keys, or been having this issue for months and you guys are my last resort I believe my Laptop is infected with something a few months ago i tried anti virus scans and whatnot and nothing came back My laptop keys are all a mess and i can't active my caplock without holding shift i also can't BootKit or Rookit affecting Laptop Keys, HELP!!! Win8.1 active my x and other keys without holding shift whic his really annoying This leaves a lot of keys unusable Since i wanted a quick fix i just restored my laptop to factory settings and guess what the problem still presists I tried going to INput keyboard to see if i coul fix it in the advanced settings but I'm unable to access it When i click on the ' switch input language' key nothing comes up this supports the fact that there's some kind of infection on my laptop Also my laptop randomly goes on flight mode when it's being used flight mode goes on and off some times regularly and sometimes every minutes or so Also when i boot my computer a boot menu comes up I have no way of getting rid of this i don't know what to do anymore It's a good laptop aswell I wanna play League of Legends again

A:BootKit or Rookit affecting Laptop Keys, HELP!!! Win8.1

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/596915 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596915/bootkit-or-rookit-affecting-laptop-keys-help-win81/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey all I SP2? Win8.1 and to Win8.1 Product Win10 Keys BIOS on have been going crazy trying to find the nitty-gritty details of what goes on under the hood with the upgrade from Windows to Windows Win8.1 to Win10 and Win8.1 BIOS Product Keys on SP2? on a Surface Pro I am considering upgrading I am aware the many Windows devices have OEM Product Keys embedded in the BIOS I am trying to find information on how Windows if installed from a ISO bootable media interacts with this key and how Digital Entitlement plays into all of this It's currently hard for me to make sense of a lot of this Can anyone help clarify how all these elements play with one-another Another question regarding this process I have currently If I use a NEW Windows product key during installation would the new key replace the previous OEM one in the BIOS The more I find out about all this the more mystery there seems to be to it I am just trying to find the cleanest way to install Windows on a Surface Pro and this BIOS OEM key and Digital Entitlement vs Product Key thing is really confusing me Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask I'm just pretty lost right now and could really use advice from someone who's really knowledgeable about this stuff currently Thanks all

A:Win8.1 to Win10 and Win8.1 BIOS Product Keys on SP2?

Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72368-win8-1-win10-win8-1-bios-product-keys-sp2.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an HP G Notebook PC Recently some of my USB devices haven't been connecting because the USB aren't Divers my laptop? on Why my not Device working drivers fail to download It says they can't be Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? found I've tried to uninstall the driver in the Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? Device Manager and plug it back in again to install it and it does the same thing Next to the drivers in the Device manager it has yellow caution signs saying something is wrong It does this for my iPod Classic Generation GB and my WD My Passport GB External Hard Drive It also is saying my CD driver has an error and that won't work when I put a CD in it Yet my mouse printer and Gigaware GB pen drive work fine and there's nothing wrong with their drivers I used them before this started happening so i figured anything I used before now will continue to work but anything new won't because the driver won't download The devices work I've tried them on another computer Updating the drivers doesn't work either I get the same error I've also tried finding the drivers myself but I haven't had any luck Any advice would be great thank you

A:Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop?

Hi Mista Monroe,

Welcome onboard.

The infcache.1 in C:Windows/System32/DriverStore might have been corrupted. Deleteing it and allowing Windows rebuild it may resolve the issue.

Do the following:
Disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. (Desktop only) (Remove all USB devices in a Laptop)
Locate the INFCACHE.1 file in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore , right click on it, and then click Properties.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box under the Group or user names section, click Add.
In the Select Users or Groups dialog box in the Enter the object names to select text box, type Administrators, (plural) not just Administrator. Click OK.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box in the Permissions for Administrators section, select to allow Full Control, and then click OK.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click OK.
In the Windows Explorer window, delete INFCACHE.1 (Instead of deleteing you can rename it as INFCACHE.1bak and keep it as a backup, just in case you need to go back.)
Connect a USB device other than the one or all that Windows had trouble detecting. (That means that it has to be one that had not been connected to it earlier anytime.) This forces Windows to rebuild the INFCACHE.1 file.
This detection issue can happen several times in a row. If so, repeat steps 1-10 until the device is detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277816-why-arent-my-usb-device-divers-not-working-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have had this problem for start everytime aren't i Drivers laptop my working months now and it all started when i formatted my laptop and it got worse when i updated it to windows from After a lot of bugs i downgraded to again and now i Drivers aren't working everytime i start my laptop am experiencing problems daily Everytime i start my computer there's almost always something wrong with my drivers either my keybord is not working my mouse is not working or Drivers aren't working everytime i start my laptop my charger which is the worst is not working I always fix it temporarily by updating the drivers for keybord and mouse device manager and then restart or by uninstalling the AC adapter driver for my charger and then restart When i shut down my computer and turn it on again the problems start over and it really frustrates me Since the problems all started when Drivers aren't working everytime i start my laptop i formatted my computer i am wondering if my computer lacks certain updates for my drivers I hope that someone can help me My laptop is a MSI GP PF Leopard Pro from august Intel Core i GB RAM GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB Harddisk

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/drivers-arent-working-everytime-i-start-my-laptop-4600412/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I just formatted my hard drive and did a clean re-install of Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron laptop It came with Vista pre-installed when I purchased it and I used the disc that came with the laptop to do the re-install I haven t installed any programs or downloaded anything but I have been trying to install all of the updates that the computer needs I have been using the quot Windows Update quot feature from the start menu as everything I have read online says this the best to way acquire the necessary Vista updates However hardly any of my update attempts have gone smoothly I ve done like maybe or separate cycles of allowing the Windows Update program to download and install the updates it found for me and then restart my computer As it is restarting it says quot configuring updates quot and then it shuts down and tries to my Updates on and Solved: aren't laptop, working Freshly Vista Reinstalled reboot But almost every single time an error occurs during the restart and it says something like quot Windows failed to start quot Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working It then goes through a repair process and eventually windows will start this happened exactly same way every time except for once I think During the first few update cycles I went through most of or all of the updates would somehow be successfully installed after the failed restart Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working and then repair process occurred I checked this with the quot update history quot on the Windows Update program However the past times or so either the large majority of or all of the updates would have a failed status after going through the exact same failure to restart and then repair process My warranty is expired so Dell won t help me unless I pay and Microsoft said they could only help me if I forked over So now I am hoping there are some kind knowledgeable folks in these online forums I am rather computer literate and I have tried to search online for a solution but haven t found anything yet My system is a Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working Dell Inspiron with -bit Windows Vista operating system I m not sure what other details are relevant for this question but ask me and I ll find out Thanks so much for any help It is much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freshly-reinstalled-vista-on-my-laptop-and-updates-arent-working.780656/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have followed the instructions from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766015(WS.10).aspx to the letter and all tasks have been completed without error.  I have set the Default Domain GPO as requested (months ago now) and I still am not able to get ANY BitLocker Recovery information escrowed into AD.  TPM gets stored and is retrievable with no problems.  I can BitLocker any system I want but I never get the BitLocker keys into AD.  What can I be doing wrong?Mark

A:Why aren't my BitLocker recovery keys getting escrowed into AD?

The solution was to change specific values on the computer object schema. This is referenced at:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/fbe932ac-5b43-4ea0-a7a0-2b83df8515b3/bitlocker-ad-schema-extension?forum=winserverDS
Mark Ring0

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/645b585c-ab47-4855-a18c-8034827bd46f/why-arent-my-bitlocker-recovery-keys-getting-escrowed-into-ad?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been having problems keeping my touchpad and keyboard functioning after taking my laptop apart. In the first instance, my touchpad stopped working a couple weeks after the dissection. I took the computer back apart, and re-secured the touch pad jack in the motherboard connector, and it worked again.

The second instance, which I havent been able to solve, is the keyboard keys. Certain keys will stop working after some short time after taking apart the computer, usually a couple hours to a couple days.

I have tried readjusting the keyboard jack in the motherboard connector, also have tried turning off the computer and taking out the battery for a while.

Please help

Its an HP Pavilion dv5000 with Windows XP

A:Help! Laptop keys stop working after laptop dissection

Also Ive noticed that all of the keys that aren't functioning are clustered in one area on the keypad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-keys-stop-working-after-laptop-dissection.926139/
Relevancy 61.49%

After install of RP 8, most of my fn key are not functioning properly or that when pressed they don't show on the screen as it did with 7.

A:fn keys not working on laptop

That is quite weird if assuming you already installed its native application. I found most of my laptops (ASUS, Fujitsu, and Toshiba) have their fn keys just work when the appropriate chipset driver were installed, even before its native fn application is installed, of course lacking the fn animations. Two of them are running Win 8.

Have you tried reinstalling drivers? Who knows it resolves the matter? Just my poor guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10008-fn-keys-not-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

F7R63EA#ABU the bottom row keys not working z x c v m shift not working ,Hp.F7R63EA#ABU upgraded from 8.1 i think to windows 10 help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/laptop-keys-not-working/td-p/5649184
Relevancy 61.49%

nbsp Some keys in my HP Laptop have not been working I called the toll my in keys not working laptop Some free number fifty three No Some keys in my laptop not working five does not work times since am till now which is am With utmost difficult and much trying i did get through to a couple Some keys in my laptop not working of Technical staff One Mohit was the most helpful and he provided me with a complaint no five He said he would call Some keys in my laptop not working me back at am since I explained my difficulty in reaching anybody through toll free no It is now and he hasn't yet called One Sandeep promised to put me on to a senior and cut the call Next time I reached the tech dept and I recognized his voice but he cut the call I belong to the press and I have an urgent matter to email for print tomorrow I have explained this to them All I want is to have an engineer come and set the keyboard right and they do not want to do it It is such a small matter and I have spent an entire working day trying to contact them nbsp I tried to contact some corporat office In Chennai the receptionist rudely banged down the phone saying he could not help All other numbers given in HP site and net are wrong nbsp nbsp Can nbsp somebody help me how to get this small matter sorted out I am not able to reach tech support because everytime the call gets cut NObody is accessible It is urgent nbsp

A:Some keys in my laptop not working

We are just fellow end Users. We can't send out an engineer. You do not give us the model number of your laptop but I sense you are not interested in self-repair. If the project is urgent in the short run I suggest you use an external usb keyboard to get your work done while you wait for HP to respond. Sorry I have no more control over the situation. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keys-in-my-laptop-not-working/td-p/5632212
Relevancy 61.49%

A friend has a laptop (no idea what sort) and phoned me to say the three keys all in a diagonal line 3 e and d did not work. I have loaned him a separate keyboard and that works, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to why three keys have stopped working. I will pass on any avice to him that you may have. I have suggested turning the laptop upsidedown to try to dislodge anytng that might be stuck.

Some friend had suggested that it might be a circuit board problem. Do you think that is likely?

Thanks

A:keys 3 E and D not working on laptop

Keyboard may have gotten wet, or the internal contacts dirty. He should replace the keyboard. I just did one for a HP, it was about $16.00 on E-bay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-3-e-and-d-not-working-on-laptop.959702/
Relevancy 61.49%

HI,
I am using HP G6 2105tx model with win 7 home basic 64 bit
I have some specific keys on my keyboard not working.. these keys are ( Right Shift, Left arrow, Up arrow, Numpad 0 and Numpad Enter ) i havent spilled any kind of liquid or do not have any physical damage or problem with may laptop... recently i also see toredo tunneling adapter in my laptop could not start showing code 10 error.. i dont know if these two are anyway linked
i also tried to edit the registry parameters of TCPIP6 to 0 but it didnt worked.. after restart it again changes to 142.. I also updated the keyboard driver.. still nothing
i am really having trouble with my PC, if anyone can please give me a solution i will be really thankful to him/her..

A:Some of my laptop keys are not working

hello raj, This is quite common in laptops well it was with mine.

I found out that the problem was cause by crumbs below the keys. but it is really easy to fix. It could also be caused by the key bracket.

place a flat head screwdriver or your finger nail, at the corner of the key, And apply a little upward pressure they key should pop offf.

Have a look for any crumbs ect, wobble the bracket to see if this helps.

To re-apply they key just place it on top of the bracket and push down until you hear a click.

Let me know if this helpde.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335711-some-my-laptop-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Only the B and N keys are working on HP Laptop botto row All other keys work fine

Thanks
HP Pavilion HD*X16
HP HD* 16
Window 7 HP 64 Bit

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

can anyone help?

I spilled coffee on my laptop and i cannot log in to windows as the "b" key is in my password and cant get it to work.

i tried cleaning with mets and nothing.

Is there a way i can bypass the log in password in safe mode? to reset the password.

or is there anyhting i can do.

thanks

A:keys on laptop not working- help

Replace the keyboard or use a external keyboard.i tried cleaning with mets and nothing.I'm not sure what that (mets) means. Did you pour more liquid into that laptop? Liquids and laptops are a bad idea. Anything that gets into the keyboard will usually end up on the motherboard of the laptop. What make model and country. Here in the USA You can often find a laptop keyboard for $20 US or less.For temporary use or permanent if portability is not needed a USB external keyboard should work.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477935/keys-on-laptop-not-working-help/
Relevancy 61.49%

The following keys are not working on my hp pavilion beats laptop: v, b, f,g, r, t, 4, and 5. If you notice they are in a diagonal pattern. I'm not sure what to do or why they stopped working, however, my computer did fall and after that these buttons stopped working. I'm not able to login to my computer because password requires one of these letters . Please help me!!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Some-keys-on-laptop-not-working/td-p/5714977
Relevancy 61.49%

The Windows Vista section may not be the right place to post this but I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I am running Windows Vista Premium with service pack 1.

The keys 1, q, a and z will not work on the laptop keyboard. They work fine on a separate keyboard when I connect
via USB. They used to work fine - just suddenly stopped working one day.

Any ideas?

Cheers

SPF

A:Keys 1;q;a;z not working on my laptop

If it works with an attached keyboard, but not with the built in one - I'd have to suspect that there's a problem with the built in keyboard. I'd suggest replacing it, or taking it to a shop to have it replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198385/keys-1;q;a;z-not-working-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 61.49%

So I got a Lenovo Z - Laptop nbsp Some of it's keys are not working at all not even during the boot I not Laptop working the of are keys - Some Z50-70 got a dual-boot Laptop with both Ubuntu and Windows and it seems like some of they keys are not working on neither of the installed OSs Keys that are not working are z x c v m comma point enter return nbsp What I noticed about this Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working keys is that they are possitioned at the bottom row of the whole letter keyboard except enter nbsp Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working I tried taking out the battery turn the power off Restart with the battery or with the power supply Nothing worked Laptop's warranty expired as well nbsp Laptop is years old I had a similar problem with the key a while ago But the problem there was that the button was being pressed continuously I took it out cleaned it and still wasn't working Turned out to be working next day for one reason or another nbsp Nothing happened before after the last usage of the laptop Last night while writing some code was working ok But in the morning it started to act like this nbsp Any adivice is welcomed Thank you

A:Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working

Try to re-install keyboard drivers as third party apps can interfere

Give some Kudos, if you find my post helpful. #Lenovo-NeverStandStill

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Laptop-Some-of-the-keys-are-not-working/td-p/3353359
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi sf,some of my laptop keys are not working.They are left alt,escape,f2,f3,f5 and f6.
All the keys are working fine through external usb keyboard.Can my problem is solved without replacing my internal keyboard??

A:Laptop keys are not working

Hi Sounds like the laptop keyboard will need to be changed. You could try reseating the connection to the motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369576-laptop-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Can anyone advise on how to get @ and signed to work on laptop. I have changed the language option in Control panel but get " instead of @ sign. I can get @ by holding shift and 2 but it is not satisfactory.

Relevancy 61.49%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I noticed that gradually certain keys near each other are now not working on my Dell Inspiron 64OO, which is a couple of years old now....

the keys that arent working are the zero, minus symbol and equal sign on top line, letter p and bracket beside it, semicolon and apostrophe, slash with question mark. So they are related somehow I guess seeing that they are all in a line that runs downward.

I did pop off the letter p key and tried carefully cleaning it and it did work occasionally, but I gave up being patient and just copy and paste now, which is an absolute nuisance. please help if you can!

A:certain keys on laptop not working

lol, how old is the laptop? they're designed to last about 2 years then start dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-on-laptop-not-working.908465/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have problem in my keyboard , i was playing one day and i turned off the pc and i opened it the next day and i found that some letters doesn`t work and they are (6,7,y,u,h,j,n,m) so help me to solve it and my pc is hp Pavilion g6 so help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/td-p/5642732
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi. I have a compaq presario 1200us laptop, upgraded to winxp, working great except the FN keys to lighten/darken etc. arent working. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Compaq Laptop FN Keys not working

When you upgraded to XP, the drivers for the keyboard might not have been compatible with the newer version of your OS. I suggest downloading any newer versions of drivers from the manufacturer's website and seeing if that doesn't solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-fn-keys-not-working.521293/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an HP omnibook xe and the G, H, and ' keys will not work. I tried to clean the keyboard, but that didnt help. I replaced the keyboard and still the same keys are not working. Is this a problem with the system board or maybe some software issues? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 61.06%

Product Name: hp pavilion g7-2275dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) Hi,I just want some help with my laptop keyboard, the number keys is not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/number-keys-on-laptop-not-working/td-p/5655608
Relevancy 61.06%

i have a problem with my laptop some keys doesn't work, the key "T", "Y" sudnly my keyboard is PS/2 Standard

A:laptop keys are not working properly

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you tried Re-installing the Software ? ...Is this a USB Keyboard or the actual keyboard on your Laptop ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340762-laptop-keys-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have just bought a new Studio 15 laptop from dell and i have had it for about a month now and when i try to play a game online my left arrow key is stuck and my character is constantly going left. Any help?

A:Laptop Arrow keys not working!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomSyd

I have just bought a new Studio 15 laptop from dell and i have had it for about a month now and when i try to play a game online my left arrow key is stuck and my character is constantly going left. Any help?

Hi.

Does it work at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/71997-laptop-arrow-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, for some reason some of the keyboard keys arent working, I didn't spill anything on them and they are not stuck. They are the spacebar, letters b n, forward slash, the three bottom arrow keys. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1525 and its a year old.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Some keys on laptop keyboard not working

What operating system does it have XP,Vista ,W7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working.925136/
Relevancy 61.06%

So Recently I tried cleaning crumbs and stuff from under my keyboard. I removed it which was pretty simple, and used compressed air on it. When i put the keyboard back on some keys stopped working. Primarily my 2,w,s,x keys stopped working(All of these are diagonally from each other). I didnt know what it was. my sisters bf took a look at it and saw a small dent in the keyboard ribbon cable. So i ordered a new keyboard and was super careful with putting it back on. But the same keys dont work! I tried everything i could think of. The keys do not work at all. If it helps my laptop number or whatever u call it is 15-f337 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-touchscreen-Laptop-Keys-not-working/td-p/5748718
Relevancy 61.06%

Some of the keys on keyboard have suddenly stopped working. It's mainly the middle row apart from g & h. Other rows are ok. Have installed updates but still the same. Please advise - thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Some-keys-not-working-on-HP-Pavillion-laptop/td-p/5658722
Relevancy 61.06%

I have some keys on my L850D that suddenly stopped working. I have uninstalled the standard ps/2 keyboard in device manager. I have run a full virus scan and the problem is still there. If someone out there may assist I would be greatly apperceive.

A:Some keys not working toshiba Laptop

By stopped working you mean some keys don't output anything at all or they give unexpected characters?

If the latter, you can check whether the language input method matches the keyboard layout: control panel → change input methods (for instance, if a french laptop is set to english keyboard layout some keys won't work as expected).

​Otherwise, it could be a hardware problem. One way to troubleshoot it is to download and boot from a Linux Live CD and try the keyboard from there (for further assistance with this you can ask for help in the linux forum). If the Keyboard works there, that indicates wrong Windows settings. If the keys don't work there the keyboard might be damaged and needs to be replaced. An external keyboard can be used in the meantime.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598536/some-keys-not-working-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have seen this problem before, but I have gone to the expense of a new keyboard and I still have the problem

Some keys respond, some don't and some come up with different characters

I have seen elsewhere about certain key combinations utilizing the Fn key to switch it back, but have tried in vain

Anyone any idea about this particular laptop ??

Thanks

A:Toshiba Laptop L300 Keys not Working (Fn?)

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:?Flush DNS?Report IE Proxy Settings?Reset IE Proxy Settings?Report FF Proxy Settings?Reset FF Proxy Settings?List content of Hosts?List IP configuration?List last 10 Event Viewer log?List Installed ProgramsList devices (Problem only)?List Users, Partitions and Memory size.?List Minidump FilesClick Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next -You could list the Make and Model of computer and post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These DirectionsNext -Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472420/toshiba-laptop-l300-keys-not-working-fn/
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64bit on an ASUS X50IJ laptop.
Some of the function keys for volume and WiFi (F2, F10, F11, F12, etc) don't work at all while screen brightness keys do.

I cannot seem to get them to work no matter what I do, I would appreciate any help, thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396395-volume-function-keys-not-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old daughter was watching cartoons on my Laptop, she got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard.

I don't know what happened she some how activated an option that I don't know how to turn off. The main keyboard keys are not working instead it use the extra keys arrows, symbols etc

I have turned off the computer, took off battery, search in control panel for option, but I am unable to make main keys to work. What should I do ?

Thanks for your help

I am using Windows 7 home 32bits

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working

fn-key, alt-key, ctl-key problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241256-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have seen this problem before, but I have gone to the expense of a new keyboard and I still have the problem

Some keys respond, some don't and some come up with different characters

I have seen elsewhere about certain key combinations utilizing the Fn key to switch it back, but have tried in vain

Anyone any idea about this particular laptop ??

Thanks

A:Toshiba Laptop L300 Keys not Working (Fn?)

Some keys respond, some don't and some come up with different charactersClick to expand...

can you give an example

if its the num lock - see here
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-hidden-numeric-keypad-on-your-laptop.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-l300-keys-not-working-fn.1073277/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I purchased my laptop a couple months ago for a business trip, It got canceled so I haven't used the laptop for more than 10 minutes. When I did use it, it seemed fine. But now I booted it up again and yep, my QWERUIOP Keys aren't working at all, I've restarted multiple times.Anyone have an idea on how to fix? I dont think the keys have dust or dirt inside them as i've only used it once. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-Laptop-QWERUIOP-Keys-Not-Working/td-p/3327978
Relevancy 60.2%

I have had this windows 8 laptop for half a year now. I didn't have any problems with it until AFTER the 30 day warranty expired. My issue is the right parenthesis key, the underscore key, and the question mark key stop working every now and then and it is getting more and more frequent. I haven't done anything to this laptop at all, It hasn't been dropped, hit, spilled upon or anything. Is there any way I can fix this issue without spending a ridiculous sum of money to get it taken apart?

A:Some of the keys on my windows 8 laptop stop working

Any help would be much appreciated. :]

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36792-some-keys-my-windows-8-laptop-stop-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm having a keyboard issue - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V - G laptop N its currently running windows and I downloaded the anniversary update in september don't remember - But after the second week of October i think can't remember certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason (Windows keyboard Certain not keys on working laptop 10) at all - Specifically the letters - W E R Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working - They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys - As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test or maybe some key I dont use aren't working n I missed it - I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else - I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them - Also days after I found this problem I did a system restore to Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) a restore point that I had created about - days ago in the restore point I created everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore But that dint work either the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all the keys were still not working - And so Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) afterwords I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) - And also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keyboard amp if the non working keys are also not working on the OSK then it might be an issue or something like that - so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard - As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this Plz give me some answers for this - And if you need any more information of my laptop or have any questions please let me know N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer P - Thanks to anyone who replies

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444886-certain-keys-laptop-keyboard-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I do not understand computers at all but work from home so need to fix a problem that cropped up today. I am unable to use my number five and six and hash on top buttons of keyboard and my number six on the right hand keypad. Several of my passwords and login info have these numbers so am desperate to get this fixed. Any step by step instructions for a technophobe would be greatly appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/some-of-my-number-keys-not-working-HP-Pavilion-laptop/td-p/5704087
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have a HP Laptop it?s but with newish software running vista. Its all been working fine form about a year or so. The other day some of the keys stopped working, I have not dropped it or spilled anything on it. I turned it and when I tried to go back in to it, it came up with the black BIOS screen. However as the keys were not working it would not let me select anything (i.e safe mode) it times down to open in the already highlighted section which was rum window as normal (or something like that) it then gave a blue screen and said it was doing a crash dump. After this it went back to the black BIOS screen and repeated the whole thing. Its stuck in some sort of loop. I don?t have any disks to reinstall what can I do???

A:Laptop keys stopped working and now I can use BIOS

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate hardware forum. Consider the possibility tat the keyboard may be defective and you may have to replace it. That is no problem- I just replaced mine.

Stay subscribed so you'll know when you get reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-now-i-can-use-bios.171636/
Relevancy 60.2%

My sister decided to Windex my mom's HP laptop. Now, many the keys aren't working as well at the mouse pad. For example, when you press the "e" key, it comes up "eeeeee" When you use the mouse pad it randomly clicks and moves, ect. Any suggestions on how to help make the laptop function normally again?

Relevancy 60.2%

My boss went to China and returned this week. He took the Compaq Evo N610c laptop with him and while there the Q - A - Z keys (upper and lower case) stopped working. All other keys are working. Any suggestions what I can try to fix this? This laptop is running 2000 OS and has been kept up to date with all upgrades, service packs, etc.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone,

Please help,having problem with the keys on my laptop. ASDFJKL keys are not working suddenly. The keys are not stuck. All other keys are working fine. Im using Lenovo g460 Windows 7. Tried cleaning the keys by removing it but doesn't work. Sometimes i have to press the keys hard and/or pressing many times to work but most of the time it doesn't work either.

Thanks.

A:Home keys (asdfjkl) not working on my laptop

Those keys are on the same line on your keyboard. It sounds like your keyboard is defective. You may have to get it replaced or repaired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358042-home-keys-asdfjkl-not-working-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,my laptop's  asdfjkl; and enter keys are not working. while other keys are working fine. my Product number is K3D43EA##ABD. how should i fix this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/The-asdfjkl-and-ENTER-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/td-p/5755138
Relevancy 60.2%

hai every one,

I was install windows8 in a dell inspiron n5110.
After finishing installation the lap was rebooting.
For few sec laptop monitor working and windows8 logo appeared,
but when it enter to the user logon screen monitor display goes to black.
again and again I reboot the lap the same problem.
by accidently I connect the extend monitor and reboot the system win8 start and the logo is displayed in lap monitor when user logon screen comes the lap display goes black but extended display shows the screen.
I check the display drivers of lap its ok.
I was tried to change the display setting in projected second screen display on personalization setting. there also I can't get display in laptop.
if I install win 7 it work very well
I activated win8 already..
anybody help me to solve the problem
thanks in advance....

A:laptop screen not working but extended display work well after booting win8

Perhaps the resolution being set by windows 8 is too high for the screen to show on the laptop? Check device manager to see if there's any issues with the video or display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-screen-not-working-but-extended-display-work-well-after-booting-win8-701917.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Sir,

I seem to be having a similar problem. Only the keys, Home, End, Right & Left direction keys arent responding. An external USB keyboard key is working. This led me to believe it could be a hardware issue (moisture etc.) however the new keyboard i order for my vostro 1014 (dell) laptop had the same issue, hence leading me to believe it is a software issue i.e. driver issue.

I have tried updating my driver it tells me its up to date. Have tried uninstalling it and on restart windows reinstalls my driver. I tried going on windows forum (Microsoft) and they were rambling about a possible Hotfix replacement. Please advise and let me know what do i do.

A:Inbuilt Laptop Keyboard , certain keys not working. Help Reqd.

Have you tried the Dell forum, laptop hardware section? That would be a good place since this is a Dell.
Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339713-inbuilt-laptop-keyboard-certain-keys-not-working-help-reqd.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Some of my keyboard keys stop working suddenly (i.e. a,s,d) and after sometime many keys stop working. So can anyone help me in this thing.

A:Compaq cq57 laptop keyboard keys not working

Hey @Sanjiv1?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your Compaq Presario CQ57-200tu Notebook and keyboard keys not working correctly. You can resolve this issue by checking the keyboard language.  Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Here is a link to uninstall the keyboard. Restart the computer after uninstalling, it should reinstall automatically. This has helped others. Here is a link to keyboard troubleshooting. I hope something here helps. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compaq-cq57-laptop-keyboard-keys-not-working/td-p/5208679
Relevancy 59.77%

I have bought a logitech's "internet pro desktp black" keyboard & mouse(combo) .
its(keyboard) media keys are not working with my acer aspire 5536G laptop with windows7 and amd turion x2 processor. It worked with desktops and some other laptops.
so what should i do to use the media keys?
the keyboard & mouse came with an installation cd of 'iTouch'.
when i run the setup a message appears saying
"Sorry,this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will close now."
kindly suggest something

A:media keys of logitech keyboard not working with laptop

Download the latest version from Logitech's website compatible with your mouse and keyboard set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-keys-of-logitech-keyboard-not-working-with-laptop.889598/
Relevancy 59.77%

ages ago a couple of keys stopped working on my toshiba laptop and just stuck to using on screen keyboard as subsititute for missing keys. Missing keys are:
y h n 6 and the left arrow key.
I have taken all keys off and gave a good check and could see no damage and liquids havent been spilt on it before that bad to damage it. im sure its a software problem
please help

Relevancy 59.77%

ages ago a couple of keys stopped working on my toshiba laptop and just stuck to using on screen keyboard as subsititute for missing keys. Missing keys are:
y h n 6 and the left arrow key.
I have taken all keys off and gave a good check and could see no damage and liquids havent been spilt on it before that bad to damage it. im sure its a software problem
please help

A:some keys on toshiba laptop keyboard have stopped working

ok this should of been in hardware section sorry my bad but i did do a hijackthis report to see if there was any problems with it.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 05:01:16, on 27/01/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18882)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\TOPI.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\Basics\Basics Status\MaxMenuMgrBasics.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba TEMPRO\TemproTray.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Sony Ericsson PC Suite\SEPCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
E:\games\empire\steam.exe
E:\hijackthis\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Taskmgr.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 10.32.221.2:80
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {27B4851A-3207-45A2-B947-BE8AFE6163AB} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mskapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Click-to-Call BHO - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\wlchtc.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-toshiba-laptop-keyboard-have-stopped-working.897908/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a MSI GT780DXR a when i type with the "a" key it respond or i get "a0a" and other random characters. also the number keys on the number pad do the same. I tried using device manager and uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers but it didn't work. I also adjusted the language settings so see if that would correct it but it did not. Please help me. This is a system problem because it was spontaneous and worked 20 minutes ago. HELP!!!!

A:laptop keys stopped working. is system problem

Shut down the laptop, take the battery out, and keep it out for five minutes. Then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, see if there are drivers for the keyboard on the manufacturers website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253446-laptop-keys-stopped-working-system-problem.html
Relevancy 59.77%

HP Envy 15 Laptop - Very frustrating when I start up laptop, the arrow keys in the number key pad do not work, only the numbers, so Page up down also don't work.  How do I swap from the numbers working to the arrows/page up and page down. I had thought I'd found the solution, being Control F2, however this now doesn't work. Appreciate any advice. Many thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-15-Laptop-Arrow-Keys-Page-Up-down-not-working-only/td-p/5835187
Relevancy 59.77%

hi after updating my laptop with a system up date my caps lock, b and n keys don't work. I'm using the on screen keyboard to write this. my laptop is a HP Pavilion g6-1389sa Notebook with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64. normarly i would take it in to the shop to be looked at but i have no warranty left as i could not afford it. please help if you can as i use my laptop for work everyday, and need this sorted as soonas possible. thank you.

A:keyboard keys not working on HP Pavilion g6 notebook laptop

What system update, windows update, a driver update? This is pretty vague.Could the update be coincidence and the keys are broken? If you boot to safe mode with command prompt try them then.Maybe the keys themselves are damages in which case you need a new or new old stock keyboard.That's what I would do, test the keys in a command prompt window and if they don't work there get a new keyboard.Do you have access to a usb keyboard to see if it's the keys or some weird OS thing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-keys-not-working-on-HP-Pavilion-g6-notebook-laptop/td-p/2751919
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I own a VGNCR-35G/L Sony Vaio Laptop. Installed Win7 Ultimate x64 a few days back. Did a clean install since i wanted to get rid of viruses in case any.

But on doing so i've not been able to get the Fn keys to work and so havent been able to reset the brightness in my laptop.

I've tried installing all the Vista drivers especially
1) sony ddl utils
2) VAIO event service
3) shared library

Did anyone have this issue and solve it.
Any help would be great!

Thanks.

A:Fn keys not working in VGNCR-35G Sony Vaio Laptop

Did you look on the Sony web site for Windows 7 x64 drivers?

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/VGN-CR35G

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/166140-fn-keys-not-working-vgncr-35g-sony-vaio-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Acer aspire G and some of the keys have stopped working and of the top row number keys Very occasionally they might start working again for a few minutes or if i start tapping them hard Aspire not - working - Keys 5755G Acer Laptop they may start to work for a bit But in general they don't work at all I plugged in a usb keyboard and Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G all of the keys work so I am assuming this is a mechanical problem I am going to attempt to replace the keyboard myself as i managed to find Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G one video its in a diff language but I think I can see how he does it Thay th o s a l p b n ph m Acer Aspire G keyboard replacement fix assembly guide - YouTube However I thought before i go ahead I would ask on here is there anything else you suggest i do which might fix it I assuming there is no way this can be a problem in the os bios and its definitely hardware related I don't have any warranty left either Thanks

A:Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G

Hello Robwan,

Usually, if just a few keys stop working... it's a bad keyboard. This happens a lot with Gaming Computers, due to the heavy use of certain keys.

If an external keyboard works, I'd consider replacing the onboard keyboard. You can also test using the on-screen keyboard, as well.

http://laptoppartstore.weebly.com/re...-keyboard.html

A new keyboard can be purchased on ebay or keyboard.com

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311080-keys-not-working-laptop-acer-aspire-5755g.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I turned on my laptop normally a couple months ago no changes other than regular updates and found that the macro keys on the left side of my Tactx Laptop Loading/Macro 17 Keys R2 Not Alienware Not Working built-in keyboard - were no longer working and the quot X quot macro key at the top no longer switched between sets or changes color nbsp At that time when I tried to open Tactx to check on these keys Tactx opened and a box came up that said quot Loading quot and then nothing else Tactx Not Loading/Macro Keys Not Working Alienware 17 R2 Laptop ever happened no matter how long I waited nbsp This is still how it acts now and I ve finally decided that I don t know how to fix it myself nbsp Macro keys - are still working but I can t change what they re set to without Tactx I Tactx Not Loading/Macro Keys Not Working Alienware 17 R2 Laptop m running Windows and when I initially upgraded to Tactx and all my macro keys worked fine and continued to work fine for several months before this happened Do I need to update a driver nbsp Reinstall Tactx nbsp So far I haven t been able to find where to do either of these things Thanks for the help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984882
Relevancy 58.91%

Hardware = Toshiba Satellite Pro A6 Laptop (Toshiba:Link)

The mouse keys and touchpad have stopped functioning, the laptop recently was sent back to toshiba because the mobo needed replacing however they didnt fix the Touchpad/Keys should I send it back again or replace the touchpad with one from ebay eg (a samsung)

Any other suggestions will be greatfully received.

thanks ed301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-sat-pro-laptop-touch-pad-and-mouse-keys-stopped-working.31445/
Relevancy 58.91%

My computer is an HP Pavilion G laptop Windows Home Premium bit I've recently went through a lot of problems with this computer specifically a corrupt user profile so I ended up doing a factory reset or something in that nature that fixed properly on Home disabled/not Keys working laptop keyboard the problem but it wiped everything off my computer Before the reset occasionally Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly my keyboard would just disable and go into this mode where certain keys opened a variety of programs and I had to shut off restart the computer to fix it But the keys worked fine it was just when the keyboard went crazy was when the keys didn't work But now a week or two after the reset I Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly went on my computer and the home keys and the enter key were disabled and I did some online research and a lot say that the keyboard is shot and you have to replace it The strangest thing was this morning actually I went on the computer and went to type and found the home keys were Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly actually working I left for a bit to start my morning and then came back woke the computer up and turned on the internet and found the keys disabled again I explained that story because it could be something involved with the computer's sleep function or its internet as a maybe Heres a list of some of my computer specs Computer HP Pavilion G Notebook PC x Processor AMD - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics Mhz Cores Logical Processors BIOS Version Date Insyde F SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB I really need help I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance J

A:Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly

firstly I would recommend downloading and installing all of the latest drivers for you laptop. especially any chipset and or ones directly related to the keyboard (most laptop keyboards use default windows ones so theres nothing to update, but laptops with hot keys and multimedia keys tend to use their own)

something else you can do is plug in a usb keyboard and test it, if the same keys on a usb keyboard dont work its not hardware related.
simply googling G7 keyboard throws up hundreds of user complaints so its not exactly a first time event theyve known to fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318329-home-keys-laptop-keyboard-disabled-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello ,
I have Dell Inspiron 3543. purchased on august 2015 . Its speaker and some keys of keyboard are not working . I updated all the drivers. I did Laptop's factory restore step. But none worked.  
I had shown the issue to few hardware engineers for issue confirmation. They all said It has keyboard and speaker issues. Contact to dell support as one year is not completed.  But Dell support is saying the product is not under warranty and contact dealer.  I contacted dealer. Dealer said we have updated the warranty.
To whom should I contact now? How my issue will get resolved?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987386
Relevancy 58.91%

I have my senior aunties laptop, she asked me to fix it. it will only open to System Recovery Options and the above keys do not work (no idea if that is viral or not). I need help to fix this one please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619629/laptop-only-starts-to-system-recovery-options-with-wf-and-f8-keys-not-working/
Relevancy 58.91%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 58.48%

Having searched for a solution I followed the instructions for ensuring the Human Interface Device Access was set to Automatic and Started.

However, these functions still do not work. They were working fine about a week ago so I am wondering if the latest Windows update has something to do with this?

A:Sound & Internet function keys not working - Medion laptop (P6624)

Welcome to the forums AuntyJean!

That's entirely possible I guess. Have you tried updating any drivers for any of the hardware affected? Medion's download page is here , you might want to check MEDION UK - Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398803-sound-internet-function-keys-not-working-medion-laptop-p6624.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey Everyone

Started typing on my internal laptop keyboard today and reliased that mainly keys a b and n were not working.
So I decided to clean them by taking off the key and white holder, then used a cloth to clean all the dust etc.. both under the rubber button and around it. This still didn't work however, so I then decided to uninstall and reinstall the driver as well. However this didn't work either.

Its probably best to try and buy a new one off e-bay, but before I do this does anyone else have any suggestions?

Also interesting, a b and n seems to be a popular combination of keys for other toshiba laptops that don't seem to be working... (Using a USB keyboard atm to type which works fine)

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46019-toshiba-l750-keys-leftshift-b-n-keys-not-working-suddenly.html
Relevancy 56.33%

How can I transfer items from File Explorer, etc. from my Win8 laptop to my Win8 tablet. A cable doesn't work. Would a 2 in 1 (dual) micro usb to usb 2.0 flash drive do the trick?

A:Transferring between Win8 laptop & Win8 tablet?

Cloud? Bluetooth? Wireless? If they share a homegroup, wireless transfer should suit you nicely?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42464-transferring-between-win8-laptop-win8-tablet.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,Having a problem with my laptop keyboard where the hotkey function buttons have suddenly stopped working as they used to. Pressing any of the hot keys results in an f1-12 rather than the previous function of changing volume, toggling keyboard lights and changing brightness etc. This happened around the time of me installing some new drivers for an audio interface so may be related to that. Ive tried going into the BIOS and toggling the hotkey option on and off, and installing hp quick launch software but nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance - C. Hounslow

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-Hot-keys-not-working-eg-brightness-volume-keys/td-p/5758786
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Commodore Laptop (Argentina) and all the keys that have a FN function attached to them do not work as their normal function any more - this happened after lending the laptop to my kids....

I think it may be FN lock, but can-t find any way to unlock it.

Any ideas please.

Many thanks.

A:Keys that have FN functions on them not working as normal keys

Check the Manual on the model's Support Downloads webpage for key combo to unlock: http://www.ehow.com/how_4968993_unlo...ey-laptop.html

Try updating or reinstalling the hotkeys driver from the model's Support Downloads webpage. Driver Install - Device Manager

While there look also for any downloadable fixes for these key functions or related.

It may also be disabled in msconfig>Startup. You can google the listings there to see what they're for. Normally you only need your AV checked and the rest are freeloaders, but some models require hotkey software to be running at startup if it provides anciliiary functions like backlighting, function toggling, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286994-keys-have-fn-functions-them-not-working-normal-keys.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Good day sir! I am using Envy Msix touchsmart. As you can see I can't type the number six or any number because my  keyboard is not working properly. Function keys are not working also. Can you tell me how to fix this problem? I will thank you in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Function-keys-numpad-and-other-keys-not-working/td-p/5660185
Relevancy 55.04%

I inadvertantly switched on sticky keys. I have since switched it off but my backspace, arrow keys and Fn keys no longer work

Relevancy 55.04%

Both of my shift keys have stopped working and i cant use upper and lower case with shift or use special characters with shift.  Have read other suggestions by checking on active sticky keys, which are off. Need help and instruction on how to fix problem or any other suggestion. Please and thank you, Edgar.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Both-shift-keys-are-not-working-and-sticky-keys-is-off/td-p/5788313
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.32%

i reinstalled windows xp professional because of viruses. Now for some reason i cannot change my video settings and the display adapters arent showing up in my device manager. there is no display adapter tab. Also i cann ot get my speakers to work. the computer doesnt see that i am connecting speakers in the back of my computer but it does recognize my headset that is pluggged into the front.

A:Speakers aren't working

Did you reinstall all of the motherboard drivers and chipset drivers? These would all have to reinstalled after a fresh reinstallation of windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.896694/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, so somehow I got websave on my computer, and it was really annoying so I downloaded adwcleaner to fix it, then I ran the software then restarted my computer. When I restarted, I couldn't open mozilla, so I deleted it then used internet explorer (which works fine) to redownload it. That didn't work so I tried google chrome. That didn't work either. In both cases when I tried opening the browser I opened windows task manager to see what was going on. Both times the browser would load up to about 2000 K then stop, at the same time it was loading, windows problem reporting would load to about the same memory the stop suddenly as well. I don't know what the problem is... Please help me. Thank you

A:Browsers aren't working

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift Key while starting Firefox. You may have a add-on that is keeping Firefox from starting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browsers-arent-working-802410.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 53.32%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/