Windows Support Forum

System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8

Q: System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8

I had problems installing the latest Windows updates The Update Scan froze intermittently So I only partially updated I for after latest issues Windows 8 Updates Windows System decided to do a system restore And System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8 then started with the updates again One at a time Restarting after each one etc Eventually I thought they were all installed successfully However this morning every time the laptop is idle Windows Module Installer kicks in and really works the system and doesn't stop until i start using the laptop again It's using cpu and working my fan hard This issue happened once before after a Windows Update couple of months ago i believe there was one particular update causing the problem and I managed to remove it and didn't install it again I've had a look at all the updates to make sure they were installed successfully One stands out As the Update Scan Froze part way through aI had to do a system restore and start again Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB FAILED Error details Code F F Update type Important I decided to uninstall the 'successfully' installed KB as I wondered if it was the glitch causing my issues These things may not be related to the issues I'm having But I thought I'd mention them anyway And advice would be welcome Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8

Try downloading and installing that KB2871389 manually:

Update is available that prepares Windows 8 and Windows RT-based computers for the update to Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 RT

Since the description indicates it is intended to prep your computer for 8.1, I can see where it could run for some time after the initial install. FYI, I have also noticed this behavior anytime Windows Update installs a .net framework update. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31168-system-issues-after-latest-windows-updates-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi Everyone

I'm having some HomeGroup issues as follows:-

- Windows 10 1607 X64 with latest cumulative updates
- Logged on as local Admin User to Desktop PC
- Homegroup that was previously working now no longer working (this Desktop was used to create the Homegroup)
- Instead, under Homegroup see "you have been invited to join homegroup" message
- Can't see Homegroup or Homegroup Password
- All of my other desktops & laptops are also Windows 10 1607 X64 with latest cumulative updates also have under Homegroup see "you have been invited to join homegroup"

I thought perhaps delete / re-create Homegroup would work - except I cant work out how to do this.

Any suggestions how I get my Homegroup working again????

Thanks

Mick

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63765-homegroup-issues-windows-10-1607-x64-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Received security updates on my server yesterday from Microsoft After installing them and rebooting the system is stuck in a reboot loop While the timer is counting down to reboot a message on the screen says something to the effect that a recent hardware or software update latest System Windows Corrupted Security after Updates has failed and the system needs to reboot It keeps doing this over and over I interrupted it to try and start in Safe mode but the same thing happens I tried to boot to the last restart point System Corrupted after latest Windows Security Updates but it failed as well I have a recovery disk that was made when the system was updated to SP and I booted from that I chose the option to fix the system files but had to walk away for about ten minutes When I got back it was already installing XP and was at the point it was asking for the product key I figured at least if it went through the files and data would be intact so I entered the product key but it said it was invalid The computer is a Compaq Presario S V that came with an OEM version of Windows XP Home Edition The Key is on the case and I had some time ago run Keyfinder to verify that key was correct I m stuck at the point that every time I reboot it says it is restarting the install I tried booting from another XP disk and chose recover so I could get to a command prompt I was able to edit the boot ini by copying it to a USB drive and editing it on my laptop to get rid of the lines added by the recovery install That still didn t help as I am sure the registry value for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup SystemSetupInProgr is probably set to Worse case I could reformat the drive and use the System Restore to put the computer back to factory condition but I have thousands of files on this computer that need to be backed up first I can t access any directory other than the root and windows on C so I can t copy the directories or files to my USB drive I don t really want to go through the trouble of reinstalling all the software and service packs if I don t have to I don t have another XP desktop that I can put the drive into to edit the registry Is there a way to figure out what the key is on the recovery disk I can always change the key back to my OEM Key after recovery Is there a way to Slipstream a new recovery disk with computer in the state it is in I really need to do this A S A P as it is the file server for all the other computers in the house as well as my entertainment system I do have another XP disk with another Key but I want to make sure that if I install XP from it that it can write over top of the Service Pack updates and not have to reformat the drive Help

A:System Corrupted after latest Windows Security Updates

Perhaps the same problem ashttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294533/bsod-after-win-update-2-09-10-xp-pro/Post #7 appears to solve the problemAlan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294708/system-corrupted-after-latest-windows-security-updates/
Relevancy 74.82%

I've been running Delorme Topo 5.0 under Windows Vista 32-bit without any problems. Topo 5.0 some time ago was also running under Windows Vista x64. After a re-installation of Windows Vista x64 I put off installing Topo 5.0. Recently after a successful installation of Delorme Topo 5.0, when Topo 5.0 is exectured there is a Topo 5.0 window without any menus and maps.

Windows Vista x64 is updated with all the latest Microsoft updates.

I haven't been able to find any help on this problem from the Delorme Community.

It appears there's some sort of incompatibility with one or more of the more recent Windows Updates, but can't off-hand think of which one(s) would effect Topo 5.0 menuing. I believe the problem may also exist with later versions of Delorme Topo as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304761-windows-x64-latest-windows-updates-installed-delorme-topo-menus.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So I successfully installed a total of latest new updates appearing after Windows Old updates as Windows updates for my Windows x installation on Tuesday I think of them were quot important quot and were quot recommended quot for x systems Now I have received four additional update notifications through Windows Update one at a time I installed the first without giving it much thought after which I was asked to reboot Everything seemed fine after reboot until I tried my Firefox browser it looked all wrong and I could no longer Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates read any of the menu headings It was essentially non-functional Then I tried Internet Explorer It simply failed with an error window indicating that it could not start and it was checking for a solution to the problem So then I tried to uninstall the update and I receive a message that an error occurred and the un-installation was unsuccessful So then I restored Windows from an image file I had just made and Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates all was well again of course When this update came back through Windows Update I researched it a bit and was surprised to find that it was from Now it is Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates possible that I missed an important or recommended update but I know I've checked Windows Update numerous times between and now and this never showed up before I also doubt that I missed an important or recommended update since they are selected by default and I don't deviate from that But I didn't verify since I couldn't find an easy way to search the updates installed on my machine So I decided to hide that update Well long story short a different single update showed up and I tried installing it only to discover the same problem with my browsers I once again recovered and researched to find another old update this time from So I hid this one as well No less than more of these old updates have come up I believe that is the end of them since I've deliberately clicked quot check for updates quot a few more times and nothing other than the usual optional updates comes up I made a note of the four old updates KB KB KB KB So all of that said am I the only person experiencing this issue Is it possible that old quot failed quot updates have somehow been set to show-up again I really don't think I had failed updates from the past I know I may have had trouble with about updates over the years but if I recall correctly in the end I did get them to install I guess I should really search my entire list of installed updates for these Any other thoughts Thanks

A:Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates

Let's have a look at the background...

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
Also, please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/321736-old-windows-updates-appearing-new-after-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently installed the latest XP Updates and then found that the following two keep wanting to be installed again:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB98216)
And:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)

The yellow shield appears again and again after I've installed these updates! Every time it confirms they have been installed, yet it's been SIX times now and it even states on the Microsoft Updates page under 'Installed Updates' that they have been installed successfully! Yet it still says I have to install them!

Now, I have 'Hidden' these 'Updates' as I am sick and tired of seeing the shield!

Relevancy 71.38%

The latest Windows Vista updates (Feb., 2015) fail to install. My OS is Vista Home Premium. I have run System File Checker (sfc /scannow), and the problem seems to be a corrupted file. The File Checker shows the following error message at 45% completion of the scan: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform requested operation." SFC also generates a log file but I don't know how to interpret it. The log file is too large to send as an attachment. Please advise.

A:Latest Windows Updates Do Not Install

What update is it? Would it happen to be the recent update for Power Point 2013 (KB272647)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/latest-windows-updates-do-not-install-961633.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Someone can tell me when the latest of the windows 8 updates have appeared?

Im using Windows 8 customer preview

A:When latest of the windows 8 updates have appeared?

The last ones except for Windows Defender Updates were just after install. 29th feb.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/4626-when-latest-windows-8-updates-have-appeared.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Does anyone have a decent torrent file/link, for Windows 7 pro 64 bit with the latest updates installed on it?
I haven't had much luck making one.

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Pro 64bit iso with latest updates?

Welcome to the forum,

You can get the latest official installer here,

Windows 7 Direct Download Links, Official Disk Images from Digital River

There is also this thread that may interest you,

TEST -Update 7 installation media

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/331131-windows-7-pro-64bit-iso-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello Not sure why no one has tried to help me I have a HTPC that I build myself it was running Windows and Upgraded to Window Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows updates that were installed The Windows does not full start 10 Latest Updates Windows Issue now gets the my home screen and gets hung up with the small round Blue cursor doing nothing When Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue starting up the Startup sound starts and stops in the middle Then nothing else loads like virus software and the like Basically Dead with home screen You can move circle cursor around and thats it Do not know what this Update did but something major has happen I have a Full System Restore available that has the Good working Windows but the last updates were all ready downloaded and were waiting for a computer restart So Once I install the image and when it restarts you can see it install the updates then it is back right where I was Can start in safe mode no problem So can make changes there if need Question is - can I stop the computer from updating on the image restart somehow - or delete or stop the updates in safe mode Any help will be appreciated that can fix this Thank you

A:Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

This sounds as if your system backup was done in the middle of an update so you will always restore back to that point.

The fact that you can get into safe mode suggests that one of the drivers or processes that start during a normal boot are triggering the problem. Instead of safe mode I would try a clean boot and see if this will allow the system to start up. Then you can repeat the process and gradually introduce the services back a few at a time until you pinpoint what is causing the problem. Once you know, you can then deal with it by removing the offending program.

See this MS article for the clean boot process (W10 works the same as W8): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

One other option might be to do a system restore (if you had turned this form of system protection on) and take your system back to a point before you tried the update. See this tutorial for an explanation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38040-windows-10-latest-updates-issue.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there ive been having problems with a clean install working properly and i think its because of a windows update as the main cause other semi-related posts below about the issue install one windows Latest should updates? if you feel like looking http forums techguy org showthread php t http forums techguy org showthread php t Basically what i looking to find out if how long can i wait to install Latest one should install windows updates? updates and install all my programs after a clean install without causing more problems in the long run Dont get me wrong im NOT worried about security by Latest one should install windows updates? running without the wonderful M updates My only concern is simply performance and not have my computer locking up after a user logs off you d have to read the other posts but thats what it comes down to I would think it wouldnt really matter since they are basically patches aside from the net framework that i will be installing from the get go b c i have software that uses it But other than that M update does it really matter It cant Im just looking to perform hopefully my th and final clean install on this system with all my progys and see how it runs for a week Then if all seems good ill update windows and capture the culprit thats been driving me nuts for a month and locking up my computer Thansk for looking and sorry for asking such a stupid question nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

All Store App Updates can now be found in this Thread This is to make it easier for members to find once an App has been updated or upgraded also for any member to add their own that they find in the store to add This will hopefully let members know when an Windows Latest 10 Updates Store in App App has been Updated or Added to the list All Links can be found here just click on the link and you will be taken to it New Version Of Windows Reading List Available - Windows Forums New Version of Windows Facebook App Ready in Store - Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10 Windows Forums Latest Skype for Windows Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10 - Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10 Windows Forums New Version Of Translator Available - Windows Forums The Weather Channel App update Available in Store - Windows Forums Sway Update Available in Store - Windows Forums Reader - Windows Forums New Update Ready For Revo Uninstaller Pro - Windows Forums XBox update in the Store Available - Windows Forums New Twitter App Update Ready in Windows Store - Windows Forums New Version of Microsoft Photo App - Windows Forums Latest Version Of Mail Calendar - Windows Forums Windows Camera App Update - Windows Forums Windows Reading List App - Windows Forums Solved New Macrium Reflect Update - Windows Forums New Version of Flipboard - Windows Forums Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Updated - Windows Forums Office OneNote update via Store - Windows Forums New version of Store available - Windows Forums Any more anyone finds please add them to the Thread Count Mike mentioned it so have awarded him

A:Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have good use for that thread. Until now I used to just look around the store (Window(s) shopping ?) but it has so many APPs in there so have to check just for interesting sounding ones.
Apart from few games, just couple of days ago, I installed VLC player APP and it's pretty good although with less options than in desktop version. It's good enough for fast opening of MM files so I made it as default player.
AS Fluorescence Canvas is another one but didn't explore it fully yet.
Art Text lite looks promising too.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53787-latest-store-app-updates-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Latitude D800, that is having some problems. It's had some hardware issues, which I got straightened out, but now it locks up after boot up and I have to pull the battery. After the second boot up it is very sluggish, where, most of the time, I can only move the mouse. After letting it sit for about twenty minutes, on second boot, it is alright. It seemed to start doing this after the most recent update. I have no restore points from before the updates.

Specs:
D800
RAM: 1.5GB
HDD: 20GB
CPU: Intel Pentium M 2.0GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650
GPU RAM: 128MB

Any feedback would be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 locks up after latest updates.

I would suggest reading through this from Microsoft to check and see if your system will work with Windows 7 or 8.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-to-windows-8

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293473-windows-7-locks-up-after-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 70.95%

for 72 hours now im geting constant updates on windows update ....
windows even re instaled SP1 ...

story goes my hdd broke down 3 days ago so i installed on a new hd win 7 home prem. x64 +sp1, since that time i had at least 5 hours of updates (inc. setup)

funny thing is a friend did format on his pc today and we spend 3 hours updating (dont think he finished, instead he went to sleep)

My q is (as stated above) is there a reason for the 34/72/4/3/2/1/silverlight new updates found????? did win7 went unstable????

its rly anoying (got some failed updates to)

until 3 days ago i had no probs.....

sor for my bad english thnx in advance !

A:Latest windows updates updates ... is there something going on?

I got two updates today on a system i just finished lastnight and i verified a few times that it was up to date. The ones i got today were both the same and had something to do with Xhtml files, i didnt read the full description, i just ran the updates and shut down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260033-latest-windows-updates-updates-there-something-going.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and need help! Yesterday the latest Vista updates were downloaded to my computer. I didn't restart my computer after the updates were downloaded. When I turned on my laptop this morning, the Startup Repair window comes up because windows failed to start. I've run the repair several times, and it's unable to repair.
It lists the following problem details:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepariV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.163686.6.0.6001.1800
Problem Signature 03: 5
Problem Signature 04: 262148
Problem Signature 05: BadDriver
Problem Signature 06: BadDriver
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 3
Problem Signature 09: WrpRepair
Problem Signature 10: 10
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID: 1033

So, I see that part (if not all) of the problem is bad drivers. Why is this so and how can I fix it? I have a Gateway M-Series laptop (about 10 months old). Thanks!

A:After latest auto updates, windows won't start

first of all, can i ask did you get windows vista on a CD/Download or pre installed before purchase..

also, you mentioned that you did not restart you computer, did you click start menu and then shutdown, or was the system put into hibernation/sleep

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/184095-after-latest-auto-updates-windows-wont-start.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I installed the latest updates of Xp and suddenly after restarting the performance dropped only in loading Xp In details the speed of loading windows is ok until i choose my account to log on here it takes Xp latest worsened updates!? Windows after performance even more time than my old computer used to take It takes like minutes so i can start to use the taskbar plus not all system tray programs appear in the system tray although they are functioning as the sound icon and i checked in the start up msconfig section and i found them all ticked nothing wrong And they randomly not appear even if i reconfigure each program icon to appear and i find them already configured to appear but i just redo it This might seem a trivial problem but this is a frustration sharing more than a problem solving as i am sure that what caused this was a windows update dammit This is incredibly stupid stupid stupid lol Here is the history of my updates Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows Xp performance worsened after latest updates!? Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified in Windows Internet Information Services IIS that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Internet Information Services IIS and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified in Internet Information Services IIS that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer The problem happened just after i restarted for these updates And i actually removed the IIS from windows components to try a quot Therapeutic Test quot but it didn t work still this performance drop at loading windows Oh my xp is sp pro edition nbsp

A:Windows Xp performance worsened after latest updates!?

No-one knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-performance-worsened-after-latest-updates.697444/
Relevancy 70.52%

Don't see my post of one hour ago? Will try again: I do not have the update icon in the system tray despite the fact that it is activated in the tray notification configure setting and when I check for updates I see 20+. If I check the important updates listed and click OK nothing happens - I do not get an install button - oh yes I do get an install button for Win 10 (not ready for it).

I have tried the Microsoft Fixit and the various troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385594-unable-install-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have win 7 pro and I noticed that I no longer get windows update notifications in my system tray and when I check for updates I am shown 22 that can be selected. After selecting them I find no install bar or button or any way to start the install - just for installing Windows 10! Perhaps that is a good thing presently after reading that some members have encountered serious issues after the install.

However, something obviously has corrupted the windows update file(s). can someone suggest a fix. I have googled a fix but so far no results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385582-unable-install-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

A:Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

All After downloading the updates my computer started to blue screen This started with my monitor flickering then proceeded to squirrely lines everywhere and then the quot lovely after Latest Updates Blue Windows Screen quot blue screen came up and shut the system down A got an error message Blue Screen after Windows Latest Updates that said Graphics driver stopped working I have NVidia series After a couple of days of trying to resolve this without a properly functioning monitor and the system crashing during attempted Restores NOT EASY I finally realized that this started occurring after the updates Sooo I was finally able to restore the system to a date previous to the updates Guess what Monitor graphics are now fine - hmm However after this I created a manual Restore Point Primarily for testing purposes When I went to restore to this point system would not restore successfully I have two issues I'm thinking something is messed up because I cannot perform a proper Restore now My computer doesn't have the latest updates and I am afraid to download them Can anyone please offer any insight and or guidance I'm thinking there is a bug in one of the updates that needs to be brought to Microsoft's attention P S At least one other user is having an issue too Thanks for your help Meltie

A:Blue Screen after Windows Latest Updates

Originally Posted by meltie

All,
After downloading the 12/12 updates, my computer started to blue screen.
This started with my monitor flickering then proceeded to squirrely lines everywhere and then the "lovely" blue screen came up and shut the system down!!
A got an error message that said Graphics driver stopped working. I have NVidia 9000 series.

After a couple of days of trying to resolve this without a properly functioning monitor and the system crashing during attempted Restores (NOT EASY) . . . I finally realized that this started occurring after the updates. Sooo, I was finally able to restore the system to a date previous to the updates. Guess what? Monitor/graphics are now fine - hmm?

However, after this, I created a manual Restore Point. Primarily for testing purposes. When I went to restore to this point, system would not restore successfully.

I have two issues:
1. I'm thinking something is messed up because I cannot perform a proper Restore now.
2. My computer doesn't have the latest updates and I am afraid to download them.

Can anyone please offer any insight and/or guidance? I'm thinking there is a bug in one of the updates that needs to be brought to Microsoft's attention.

P.S. At least one other user is having an issue too.

Thanks for your help.

Meltie

Ok first of all you cannot restore to that point because there is nothing to change and is Unsuccessful. Next go through the updates and check for any that might be related to your Video Card and then right click that and Hide the Update

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/282053-blue-screen-after-windows-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I just installed some of the latest Windows updates for my Windows 7 SP1. However, the following balloon notification pops up in the tray upon reboot:

What will be the work-around? Thanks in advance for your reply.

A:Service startup error after latest Windows updates

Please open an elevated Command Prompt and run the following commands....

SC QUERYEX GPSVC
NET START GPSVC
SC QUERYEX MUP
NET START MUP

Post the results - It may help us see what's amiss

Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274686-service-startup-error-after-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Unable to connect to previously connectable Wireless and Network Internet.
Got a message that I needed to change security and firewall settings, which I did, but still cannot connect.
What's the fix for this?  Since the updates are all automatic, how do I prevent this from happening all the time?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b89346dd-dd11-4ca7-b4fc-36d1632c1dbb/latest-updates-affected-network-connectivitywindows-81?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey guys...these latest Updates have caused my various folders...music, downloads, images, docs....all my self made folders to disappear from the desktop. In addition Windows reverted back to default settings, I lost all my Firefox favourites and FF wasn't recognised anymore as my default browser, Windowes themes all reverted to default....basically a big scramble and mess. I did system restore and am back to normal...but Windows still wants to update.

What should I do? These updates are messing my PC up...but the updates are listed as 'critical'....what should I do?

thanks

A:Latest Windows Updates Cause Folders to disappear from desktop

It sounds as if the system has created a new User Profile because of corruption.
Try using System Restore to get back to a time before the problem arose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273024-latest-windows-updates-cause-folders-disappear-desktop.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Dear All
Please help urgently.
Suddenly my Windows Explorer crashed and it recovered, and since then none of the apps are working in my system including store, settings, 3rd party apps etc. None of them.
On click any app black screen comes up for 1-2 seconds and it disappears.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 Latest Updates , Apps stopped working

Right click on start, click on Command Prompt (Admin). This will open command prompt window.Copy the entire command powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
-Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XMLPaste it on command prompt window and hit enter. This will execute the command.
Check if this fixed the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec08b275-58fd-4725-a98a-5f63f3ceef68/windows-81-latest-updates-apps-stopped-working?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi!
Today, when I switched ON my laptop, windows (windows 7 professional 64 bit) started updating.

More than two hours have passed, it is still showing 'Configuring Windows Update, 70% complete, Do not turn off your computer' .

Pls guide about the safe way to come out of this problem, without losing my data.

Best regards

A:Hanging problem in latest Windows 7 Professional updates

Depending on exactly which updates are involved, 2 hours is not excessive.
Was Service Pack 1 one of the updates?

give it another hour or so, and if it's not moved at all, you may have to power-off the machine, and hope that the install either completes next time around, or backs out gracefully.
If not, then you should be offered the option next time around to do a Startup repair - which should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378428-hanging-problem-latest-windows-7-professional-updates.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, and so have also had to put up with all the latest updates. The problem is that after installing them, something happens to my screen resolution (all icons and text are enormous). I have already done two system restores to fix this, but after each one the updates are once again installed and so the situation reoccurs.
I should also add (since the two things are surely connected) that for a while now I've been getting messages regarding my video card drivers. I have checked with AMD, and my drivers are up to date. Yet yesterday and the day before I also got a Blue Screen of Death.
I've installed WhoCrashed, but this won't work since dumps are not enabled(or something similar!!).
I see that my laptop is ready to install the updates again...

A:Latest Windows updates causing problems with video...

Is your resolution changing perhaps after it is installing a graphics update, also could be your scaling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369993-latest-windows-updates-causing-problems-video.html
Relevancy 69.66%

PC automatically updated with major Windows 10 updates a few days ago (end August/1 September). Updates include Cortana & search on logon screen that I have no desire to use. Since then has been running like a dog. Websites are hanging - timing out as taking too long to respond. Pictures are not always displayed. This is a relatively new PC that has always run well and very fast with Windows 10. Tearing my hair out as to what can be done as really can't use the PC in this state. Any ideas?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438432-why-my-pc-running-so-slowly-after-latest-windows-10-updates-how-can-i-rectify.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I installed all but one update which failed (update # 2952664) and now my computer takes much longer to shut down, any ideas.

Thanks

OK, update , i removed and reinstalled that update and it actually installed without issue but still no difference , somethings  very odd.

A:Latest windows updates (one failure) causing very slow shutdown.

Try startup repair in Advanced Boot Menu by pressing F8 on early splash screen. Then use or proceed with system file checker.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552262/latest-windows-updates-one-failure-causing-very-slow-shutdown/
Relevancy 68.8%

The Microsoft update around the 10th June 2015 stops my Internet Explorer working. So I do a restore and it works and it does it again next time I turn my computer on. Then I disabled automatic updates and it STILL stops Internet Explorer working. So EVERY time I start my computer I have to restore it back to before the original update. I think Apple is looking pretty good

A:Latest Microsoft updates on windows 7 stops Internet Explorer

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and postthe requested data

If thefile is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Pleasealso post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372689-latest-microsoft-updates-windows-7-stops-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I've recently noticed a Windows update that changes the way you close apps, amongst a number of other things.

What it was:

What it is now:

And you know what? This update was unticked in the 'Update and Recovery' section. Every other update had a checkbox ticked, this one didn't.

Other changes bought along by installing this update:

- New applications in the 'Apps' section of the Start menu are now highlighted with a greybox.

- Shut down options now in the start menu (and search, I'm not sure)

One extra thing that seems to be around depending on... something.

This one's related with Chrome. Usually when you start typing in the url box, your search terms are cut off with a rounded border going around. This box has disappeared with the latest update, but I have seen this happening in earlier versions of Windows.

With:

Without:

Opinions on these changes? Thoughts?

A:Latest Windows updates removes hand to close apps?

No worries:

Apps - Close in Windows 8

"NEW" Apps Message on Start - Remove in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44943-latest-windows-updates-removes-hand-close-apps.html
Relevancy 68.8%

A couple of questions:

I am beginning to conclude that I have a root kit somewhere which is disabling windows update, which is not being detected by Avast,

I tried the malwarebytes, even though it said not for Vista x64, and while scanning, the system froze at mmcndmgr.dll, which could be an issue.

What are the minimum required checked boxes which should be allowed through the windows firewall?

what does anyone know about mmcndmgr.dll? that i haven't found by googling it?

I have Vista original, and service pack 2, can i do a clean install of vista x64 business, original, and use sp2 to get back to my current state?

If so, where are the hotfix files stored, such that I can save my current downloaded updates, so that I don't have to go on line to redownload them to get to a clean install current state?

thanks

sportsguy

A:Flavius's fix got me to install latest windows updates, but then the issue reappeared

I have suggested that posters use Malwarebytes. It can be used on Vista 64 bit.

Malwarebytes.org

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/266690-flaviuss-fix-got-me-install-latest-windows-updates-but-then-issue-reappeared.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Over the past few days I have noticed on multiple machines... basically every single one that I have put Windows 10 on that the latest round of updates has reduced cold boot times to desktop down to about max 5 -7 seconds after POST.

This is on laptops, desktops, an AIO, and my personal machines.

All have SSDs, but the boot time to desktop used to be a lot longer.. like 15-20 seconds.

Anybody else noticing this?

And no, I am not using hibernate or sleep.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-10-latest-round-of-updates-significantly-reduced-boot-times.1917594/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
After updating to the latest windows 10 recently, I can't seem to change my resolution. I mean it's greyed out. Everything looks big on my screen. I searched for a solution and I found out that I had to update the graphics card.
So I went to Device manager > Display adapters > intel HD graphics 5500 > right click and update. But it says, the best driver software for you device is already installed.
And also I can see that yellow exclamation mark next to the intel HD graphics 5500 in the device manager.
I also did one more thing. I tried to find a solution on youtube and found this guy saying to change - set a custom scaling level. And I changed the custom sizing options to 100%. Now everything is small, but readable.
And worse, there's a hell lot of lag while playing league of legends. Which never happened before... :(
Help!!!

A:issues with resolution after updating to latest windows 10

Intel? Driver Update Utility
Run that. Install what it tells you to.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434678-issues-resolution-after-updating-latest-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

"successfully" installed the updates.
Event Viewer requests to run mmc.exe from an unknown publisher (of course it's an important part of the OS)
Running an elevated command prompt (to run SFC /scannow) request to run cmd.exe from an unknown publisher.
sfc /scannow reports corrupt files
Updates were
Attachment 342689

My system image from a week ago is fine so I'll just revert back to that for the time being.
Very annoying.

A:Latest Windows update issues - Caution

Thanks for the heads-up Michael.

I updated my TestBox and I'm not seeing the issues you see.
Event Viewer works and SFC /scannow finds no issues.

I do see some ODD things, but so far no real problems, everything is working. 1) When I installed these patch Tuesday updates in Win7, 1 Update was shown as "Not Needed" and not installed (see screen print below).
I don't remember seeing this before.

2) I keep my systems updated and only hide Bing and Language Pack updates.
Now, Bing updates are not listed in my hidden updates.
Updating a 8.1 OS I kinda see the opposite.
I installed all important updates and after re-booting another important update was available.
That update was not listed/available in the initial PT update.

So, for me:
W7 listed some update that was not needed.
W8 did not list an update that was needed.

It's my Test Box, I have backups and can restore if I need to.
I'm not touching my Primary Box until I understand better and see what others report...

Attachment 342698

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354798-latest-windows-update-issues-caution.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys I'm using Windows -bit Version and it got an automatic cumulative update yesterday KB The board is Maximus VII Formula with an i K and Gb RAM and update VII latest issues after Windows audio Maximus an ASUS Strix GTX Following the update I am having significant issues with my audio drivers I still have sound in audio and video files however I no longer hear usual windows sounds like plugging in or removing a device getting notifications or when increasing or decreasing volume using the volume button in the taskbar Some audio in games is not played either like menu sounds in DOOM and Dishonored I uninstalled the drivers and all audio returned to normal with the default windows drivers I tried to reinstall the latest drivers available on the ASUS support site Realtek Audio Audio GM V GM StudioSound SonicSuite SonicRadar because I use Sonic Studio quite a bit and Maximus VII audio issues after latest Windows update the audio issues came back I also tried to get the latest drivers available from Realtek's site and from here Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows Forums If I use the windows default drivers everything works fine but obviously I cannot use any enhanced features like room correction with those If I separate front and rear panels in options and use headphones everything works for the headphones but same issues remain for the surround system Changing bitrate doesn't work for me either Windows audio issues with realtek HD audio Windows And as soon as I install any of the Maximus VII audio issues after latest Windows update actual drivers everything breaks I have also tried doing a complete uninstall of the drivers and removing any trace of them using Revo Uninstaller Pro to no avail Tried rolling back the update but no dice Really need some help on this Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69435-maximus-vii-audio-issues-after-latest-windows-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I updated my gaming computer to the latest build of windows 10.. don't quite remember what the number of it was, it was about a week ago I did this. I was hoping MS would sort out the issue in a hotfix or a patch or something. It's been over a week now. The problem still persists.

Basically I have Network Discovery turned on for public and private networks. Though It refuses to see any windows 10 PC in the network window.

Curiously though, I can see my windows 7 Media computer.. though it does not see itself on the network or my windows 10 laptop. (which doesn't have the latest build installed.. I have been avoiding it since having this issue)

My windows 10 Laptop can see all the PCs, as can my media computer. Only the latest windows 10 build on my gaming computer is having issues.

So is there any fix for this? I am not exactly network savvy.

A:Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues.

No fix as yet. Have a look at similar threads.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32198-windows-10-latest-build-network-discovery-issues.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a friends issues getting PCI update device Windows Latest 10 driver an... laptop where after the last update to Windows failed I had to reinstall off a USB I created the Latest Windows 10 update getting PCI device driver issues an... USB installer off of a Dell laptop It loadded but there are unknown devices or missing PCI drivers in the device manager Looking for help on the right driver for the specific device of if HP has a restore file Product is HP Stream Notebook -R NR I tried downloading nbsp sp exe nbsp for chipsets and nbsp sp exe nbsp for wireless adapter neither fixed the problem nbsp Here is the PNP Device ID for problem devicesACP INT amp DABA FF amp ACP HPQ amp amp ACP INT PCI VEN amp DEV DC amp SUBSYS E C amp REV amp amp amp PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS E C amp REV amp C F E amp amp E PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E C amp REV amp amp amp D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Latest Windows 10 update getting PCI device driver issues an...

Hi, Please try: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&SUBSYS_815E103C&REV_21Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driverhttp://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_161367_1PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_815E103C&REV_01Card reader driver for XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1,Win10http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2298&SUBSYS_815E103C&REV_21Intel® Trusted Execution Engine Drivehttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24892/Intel-Trusted-Execution-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-...ACP\INT3400\2&DABA3FF&0Could be something to do with DellACP\HPQ6001\3&11583659&0HP Wireless Button Driverhttp://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_123643_1ACP\INT3403\1The first driver also fixes this Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Latest-Windows-10-update-getting-PCI-device-driver-issues/td-p/5726130
Relevancy 66.65%

The trackpad drivers will not install with the latest build version issues t430s windows thinkpad driver 1... latest with you can only move the cursor with the trackpad gestures and buttons do not work I am going to give up on windows if I can not find a solution fast Phone support has been all but worthless from lenovo This machine is only out of warranty for months I find it kind of silly that you can get no phone help when you tell them its a driver issue and all your asking is will there be an update for the driver or should I just give up Why not have a way for techs to get this information to the department that could fix this instead of dismissing me as a customer who is out of warranty I find it ridicoulous that windows updates cause drivers to fail and how microsoft forces windows and its customers to use windows If lenovo is not going to support windows on older machines they should have a bulletin about it so that users dont get frustrated about the expierence nbsp I have attached a pic of the failed driver install

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/thinkpad-t430s-driver-issues-with-latest-windows-10-build/td-p/3447333
Relevancy 66.65%

Afternoon everyone A few days ago my update 10 - issues with settings Windows display Latest Windows did the usual automatic updates on my PC However I was forced to undo those updates via Windows because the updates changed all of my display settings making my eyes burn and water when reading my screen my Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings settings are geared for someone with slightly bad eyesight who reads via the PC for a living However now that I have uninstalled the recent updates my PC is suddenly not working properly - my mouse does its own thing half the time as does Windows Explorer - things like highlighting words in documents when I've actually just clicked next to Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings the word opening documents when I try to highlight more than one adding tabs when I Latest Windows 10 update - issues with display settings place my cursor at the end of a paragraph going back two windows instead of one when clicking 'back' once in Windows Explorer opening multiple browser Firefox tabs when it would usually open in the same page but my browser settings are still the same or opening random webpages that I never clicked on the list goes on These issues are causing havoc and making it impossible to work Possibly relevant A few weeks after I first upgraded to Windows that was some time ago I started having similar issues - it turned out that some of my drivers had to be updated and as soon as that was done all the problems vanished However after undoing the recent updates my PC should be running exactly the way it was before and my drivers should surely not have been affected Does anyone know what exactly the latest updates are for and how I can install them manually one by one so I can see which one is causing the issue with my display settings and where can I find a list of the updates for manual download I did already find a list on Microsoft's website but it's in CSV format and I can't open that on my PC - any idea how I can view that list via Windows itself I am not very tech savvy when it comes to these issues and am super frustrated and stressed Any help will be VERY much appreciated Vanessa

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66080-latest-windows-10-update-issues-display-settings.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Outlook 2016 (not outlook.com nor 365) has been stable until this morning.
Shutting Outlook down results in predictable crashes (log targets outlook.exe).

Couldn't resolve the issue--turned off add in etc-- so I uninstalled MS Office 2016 and reinstalled. And now it is working again.

I am curious if others have had the same experience with Outlook beginning to crash out of the update blue. . . .

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69815-win-10-outlook-2016-after-latest-updates-app-system-crash.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone like the topic stated I'm having varying issues loging into my computer Yesterday everything was working just fine with my machine other than some pending updates and the fact that I hadn't shut it down in a while Anyway 7 windows (Possibly to Log Multiple issues related Windows failed in updates) when I left the house Multiple Windows 7 Log in issues (Possibly related to failed windows updates) to go on a bike ride I took the chance to install my pending updates and shutdown my computer When I got back from my bike ride I turned my computer on and left the room to get a cold drink but when I made it back to my computer it had the startup repair running as if it had an issue booting The startup repair completed its routine and returned by saying that it failed to fix the problem it found so I hit finish and restarted my PC This time I watched the computer boot get to the windows is loading screen and sit there for about minutes before it suddenly cut to a restart Knowing that something was clearly amiss I decided to try to load into safe mode so I could see if I could load windows at all which unfortunately failed in a similar way to how the standard boot did Sht what now At this point I'm thinking that he only thing that had changed recently were the windows updates so I decided to load up into startup repair and go to a previous restore point Loading that restore point failed and it Multiple Windows 7 Log in issues (Possibly related to failed windows updates) said that nothing was changed after rebooting the problem remained A little later my older brother told me that the problem that I was having was very similar to a problem that my dad had with his PC that he fixed by using Bootrec exe with fixboot and fixmbr through the command prompt In went the Windows install disk I let it try to complete a startup repair which to no surprise failed and after Multiple Windows 7 Log in issues (Possibly related to failed windows updates) a restart to see if I somehow got lucky I went to go try the bootrec commands Both commands succeeded so I restarted and magic happened I made it to the welcome screen Yess It just hung there after that though the good thing was that after that I had full access to all forms of safe mode so I figured that I would try to system restore again Unfortunately for me all of my previous restore points had suddenly gotten cancer and died inuding the one that I used earlier that was just before the windows updates that failed With system restore now forever out of the window I decided that I would use safemode with networking to look up my issue and after getting a few different suggestions I tried sfc scannow from command prompt which came back with no problems reported Then I tried a clean boot with no startup apps or non Microsoft services running which helped by getting me to the log in screen if I rember correctly I even tried using default bios settings which didn't seem to help At one point I actually made it back into a clean boot of windows after running startup repair Thinking that it was a normal boot I restarted with default boot options enabled and lost the ability to log into anything but safe mode again Finally I found a post where someone had changed their system permissions so they could update a dll and had run into a similar issue to what I was experiencing so I decided to try their solution and tried reset the permissions for the system by using this command cacls c windows system e t c g system f administrators r at the end instead then I restarted a clean boot This time when I restarted I was able to log in again it just took a few minutes to get from one log in step to the next but regardless progress seems to have been made After that I tried to do a standard boot but unsurprisingly failed so I went back to a clean boot with my AVG services and startups activated so I could complete a virus scan which just finished and caught a js redir virus and two adware generic adpn fi... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505430/multiple-windows-7-log-in-issues-possibly-related-to-failed-windows-updates/
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings!

I have Acer Aspire 5750G. My current BIOS version is 1.07. The latest version is 1.12.

There are a few versions in between. Should I do incremental updates and reach 1.12 or should I just go direct to 1.12?

Many Thanks!

A:BIOS - Incremental updates to latest vrsn or direct update to latest?

Bios updates are cumulative, so you only need the latest.

You also don't need to update the bios unless there is a fix in it/them that fixes an issue you may be having. For the most part updating the bios is as easy as updating a driver, only if a bios update goes wrong you can't roll back to the old and you basically end up with a nice paperweight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/184089-bios-incremental-updates-latest-vrsn-direct-update-latest.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am running win windows firewall updates with Issues mse, and windows bit Today I was running google chrome and was getting redirects so I ran Issues with mse, windows firewall and windows updates a malware bytes scan which identified a couple of thing cleaned them and restarted on restart I was getting an error with microsoft security essentials not running I tried to start the service a couple of times and it was giving me an error saying the service wasn t registered on this machine - so I reinstalled the software which then gave me a message that windows had encounterd a critical error and would restart in one minute - which it did then repeated the process a few times I went into safe mode and ran malware bytes again this time a full scan which picked up a trojan sirefef ab on the restart everything looked fine in windows mse was running etc then I decided to check for windows updates and it won t let me because quot the service is not running quot - I also now can t start the windows firewall as quot there was an error the windows firewall with advanced security snap in quot So then I tried to update mse definitions which also fails malware bytes isnt picking anything up or mse scan I am assuming all these issues are related to the one trojan this is really time critical as it is on my work machine which has certain pieces of software I don t have anywhere else any help is greatly apprieciated

A:Issues with mse, windows firewall and windows updates

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465022/issues-with-mse-windows-firewall-and-windows-updates/
Relevancy 62.78%

today was/is patch Tuesday. I got 15 Updates which icluded updates for Office, So far I have put them on 3 computers with no issues, but I have lots to go and was wondering if anyone had issues installing any of the updates and which ones please
thanks

A:Windows updates today- Any Issues on your Windows 7?

btw in this set of updates is the upgrade for Microsoft Security Essentials to version 4.2.223.0

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278249-windows-updates-today-any-issues-your-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

This a.m. I see there are a bunch of "Important" Win8.1 updates recommended (my Win update settings are to notify me, but to allow me to choose whether or not to download & install them.

Have there been any known issues / problems with these updates?

A:My latest "Important" Windows Updates notification

No problems for me, everything is back to normal

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53505-my-latest-important-windows-updates-notification.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi folks,
When windows 10 was first released I downloaded it and burned to DVD using the media creation tool from Microsoft.
As windows 10 has now had a major update, and I want to create a DVD with that update on it, without having to reinstall it later, as I have other partitions on my computer to update to 10 as well.
So my query is, does anyone know if I was to download windows 10 32 bit from Microsoft again (using the media creation tool from Microsoft) will it include the latest major update to 10?
Thanks for any help

A:Is windows 10 latest big update included in latest media creation tool

Microsoft has made available a download able iso for win 10 1511. If you don't see download link on win pc then try on some other device.. like an android phone or tablet. That's how I got it downloaded and had clean installed. Hope this helps.

EDIT link: Windows 10 ISO

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/30896-windows-10-latest-big-update-included-latest-media-creation-tool.html
Relevancy 61.06%

How do you guys install windows updates? Do you check them all or leave what windows has checked and install or do you do a few at a time? Is there a certain way that is supposed to be better? I have always just installed whatever updates are ticked by default and then do the rest once the others are finished, and hide the ones i'm not interested in. I have been trying to install updates to my laptop and family desktop after reformatting but for whatever reason quite a few fail and the installer was using over 2gb of ram! This is surely not normal? I honestly never check the ram until last night when I saw "trusted installer" using over 2gb of ram.

A:Windows Updates issues

i check all and install all at same time, sometimes the loading bar seems stucked but in fact it does its job.

if you have some errors , just remove the culprit updates via add/remove program in control panel , reboot then reinstall them.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-updates-issues.47096/
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently replaced the hard drive on my acer with a wd gb issues. updates Windows scorpio blue unit I cloned the information from my old drive and all appeared ok at first I have found since that i can't get windows updates defender updates and vista mail won't work - i have been using mozilla thunderbird to get me by All the symptoms are as this thread Vista -bit Won't Update after Hard Drive Replacement - Microsoft Answers I have the bit vista home premium os with sp If you follow the thread above it appears as though i Windows updates issues. need to download IRRT drivers but every one i try doesn't seem to work One even states that Windows updates issues. my system doesn't meet minimum requirements Is my system just too old to work with the hard drive Any ideas on how to sort the updates issue welcome would it be possible to use the acer recovery facility to overwrite windows without erasing all my data if so how could it be done and would it help Hoping to hear from someone thanks Andy

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/295938-windows-updates-issues.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys Still not having any luck with April s windows updates it just keeps checking for updates on go s on for ages Have checked my Windows update agent and i already have the latest version also my Bits and Windows update is running in services msc Have checked Issues Updates Windows the windows update log and here is the results - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C TMPD tmp with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature Windows Updates Issues for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C wuredir cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C TMPD E tmp with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http ds download windowsupdate com v microsoftupdate redir v -muauth cab - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - e Setup Client version Core Aux - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C wuredir cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C TMPDA B tmp with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C v -win sp -wuredir cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C v -win sp -wuredir cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C wuredir cab with dwProvFlags x - - e Misc Microsoft signed NA - - e Misc Validating signature for C windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C TMPDB tmp with dwProvFlags x Would be most grateful for any more help getting windows update to work again I just noticed i have an highlighted address in the windows log any help for this please I have also done a system restore to the last windows updates but it has made no difference nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-issues.1169870/
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows 7 sp1 ultimate edition 64 bit edition, after I did a fresh install of this os on my main PC and added the valid key and activated that key I tried to do updates on the PC and could do any other than maybe 10 total updates for windows 7 over 5 to 6 days. I have NEVER had this much of an issue with doing or downloading windows updates before going back to using windows 2000 pro!Just a heads up I went ahead and installed Windows 8.1 pro. instead since I just didn?t have this kind of time to deal with this issue, just a heads up hope I am the only one with this issue. I am not sure if MS is preventing people from doing windows updates on Win 7 to force people to go to windows 10 or was it just something on my end!

A:windows updates issues for WIN 7!

July was the last month for the free upgrade to Windows 10. August 2nd is the roll out of the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. Both things are keeping Microsoft servers very busy. Windows 7 updates are way on the back burner.
You are not alone: Searching for Updates Hangs...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-issues-for-win-7-a-1150217.html
Relevancy 61.06%

For the 60th time at least I've tried to update my computer and receive a some programs couldn't be installed. Any help would be great.

can someone help me?

A:Windows Updates issues

You can either back track to every Windows Update that you installed and remove that last successful one that was installed, or you can install SP3 if you have not already. You could also repair the OS, which will basically roll you back to SP1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-issues.732113/
Relevancy 60.63%

For the past months I have been trying to fix my computer but to no avail I own a Compaq Presario purchased in September and it s running Windows XP I have had nothing but issues since I bought it At first it was randomly restarting without warning about months ago It was pretty infuriorating and I couldn t figure out how with and Windows XP Updates Issues Windows to fix it so I started using it in Safe Mode With Networking It was Issues with Windows XP and Windows Updates working okay until recently when it started giving me a quot Your computer has encountered a serious error and will automatically shut down in seconds quot error Tonight I reset my clock ahead a year and have been trying to download Windows Updates The page refused to load and nothing was happening but I took advice from a few answers from google and got the Windows starting to update and install That s when my computer encountered the quot A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot blue screen of death So now the page won t work at all and I keep getting an error message when I try to restart the same Windows Update process Error number x C The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem Has anyone encountered this before I m about ready to send this thing flying out the window nbsp

A:Issues with Windows XP and Windows Updates

What updates were you doing? Was it service pack 2 by any chance? Is there important data on the computer or can you live with reformatting and reinstalling the OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-with-windows-xp-and-windows-updates.559708/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi wondered if someone can give me some help please i have been having problems getting windows updates as i receive the following message quot Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page As a result the page may not display properly quot I have tried enabling Active X settings via Internet Options gt Security Tab and whatever changes i make doesn't help I have even reset all Internet Options back to defaults I have run full Grisoft AVG virus scan Windows Updates Issues/active X Spybot and Lavasoft Ad-Aware scans and removed all malware The following is a quot Hijack This quot log if this helps if anyone could peruse and offer their expert advice Many ThanksLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS Windows Updates Issues/active X system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcssecs exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcsplay exeC Program Files USB Product Driver v r shwicon exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files necmfk necmfk exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC WINDOWS system CmWatch exeC PROGRA BTBROA Help SMARTB BTHelpNotifier exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXEC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC Program Files BT Voyager BT Voyager Wireless WLM exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Peter Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi fo bt side htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bt yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http bt yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi arch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi fo bt side htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi arch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customi arch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar... Read more

A:Windows Updates Issues/active X

Hi bmtaft and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forums. My name is Whisperer and I will be helping you with your problem. Although I am experienced with computers, I am currently a Trainee in Malware removal and, as such, ALL of my fixes will be vetted by malware experts. If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions and then post a new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log I note that you are running HijackThis from the Desktop, because HijackThis is both for Analysis and Repair it is essential that it runs from within its own folder, this is because it makes backups of the repairs in case there is a need for reversal of any procedure. Please right-click the desktop From the drop-down menu select New then Folder. Name the Folder HJT Drag your copy of HijackThis into the new folder.I would also like you to produce a list of installed programs to assist me in any cleanup.To do this open your HijackThis Click on Open the Misc Tools section or Config? button, depending on how you are set up. If you used the Config... option then click the Misc Tools tabSelect Open Uninstall Manager , a list of your installed programs will be displayed.Select the Save List? button and save the file to your desktop.Please post a copy of this list and an up-to-date HijackThis log in your replyBack when I have had a look at your old log.GT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62450/windows-updates-issuesactive-x/
Relevancy 60.2%

For some reason, my laptop running windows 7 hasn't been downloading updates (besides Windows Defender) for the past week. I even did a system restore and it downloaded past updates and installed them. However, one update did not install and I got an error code 643. When it was configuring the update at start up, it seemed to hang at 32% then my laptop rebooted itself. I ran the update again (KB2538243) and it installed successfully. After that, my laptop hasn't been downloading new updates. Any help would be appreciated.

A:My laptop is having issues with Windows Updates..

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275688-my-laptop-having-issues-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all,

I am attempting to finish updating my computer and have been unable to get past 3 updates which keep throwing the same errors. I ran a sfc scan which showed no errors and installed the SURT. I've also attached screenshots and CBS files (in 4 parts because the file was huge).

Hope someone will be able to offer me a solution that doesn't involve a re-install, which is what MS suggests.

Thanks so much.

A:Windows Updates Install Issues

Hello blackshade mate one check you could do is this

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f switch in the command line as per Option2 if absolutely necessary use the /r switch too

Haven't looked at the files yet so just go ahead with this and see what crops up if anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346059-windows-updates-install-issues.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I woke to a BSOD this morning - it's a hard drive error (STOP 0x7b: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7b )The system will boot to the Windows loading screen and then crash. Problem is, I'm also having problems with the mobo recognizing the USB keyboard.Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

A:Anyone Else Having Issues W/todays Windows Updates?

My wife's auto downloads and I just crossed my fingers and downloaded this afternoon. So far so good
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88304/anyone-else-having-issues-wtodays-windows-updates/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Everyone - Please forgive me if this has already been asked in a thread but I did search through the forums quite a bit and could not find anything pertaining to this So again I apologize if I am being repetitive Can anyone shed some light on a strange issue Currently I have an ExoPC with Windows RP -bit a Dell Inspiron Duo with Windows RP -bit and also a Dell Latitude E i quad-core with Windows RP -bit I use the same Updates Windows Issues?.... Store RP 8 App Live ID to log-in to these machines at various times I have the exact same apps installed on all three and I keep all three synced with my Live ID Normally updates are never an issue But recently in Windows 8 RP Store App Updates Issues?.... the Store Metro UI Icon it indicated that there was update to an app I would launch the Store and on the Store main page in the upper right corner it did indeed indicate that update was available Then when I click on the quot Windows 8 RP Store App Updates Issues?.... update available quot link on that page the next page of the Store loads and inidicates quot App updates - No updates available quot and the only option is the back-arrow icon to go back This happened on all three devices as I would log on to them at various times The same message Well now this is up to showing that apps need updating but when I follow the link I get the same message - quot App updates - No updates available quot and the only option is the back-arrow icon to go back And this is now on all three of my devices So - what on earth am I doing wrong Or is there just a glitch somewhere I know this is just the RP and I am eagerly waiting for the full retail version to install on my systems Any input or ideas are greatly appreciated or should I just ignore this Thanks much Mike

A:Windows 8 RP Store App Updates Issues?....

There are issues with Windows Update for the RP - 140-odd Windows Answers requests unanswered

Windows - Microsoft Answers

You could check if any are the same problem as yours, or if not, post your own problem there

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/7436-windows-8-rp-store-app-updates-issues.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey everyone this is my first time on these forums and unfortunately not on a happy note After trying to figure out how to run the game Combat Arms I gave up and decided that I might as well try to install all the important windows updates that I had neglected to install earlier So i clicked install then I decided I should just hit the shutdown option which said it would install updates so I aborted the current windows updates session to go to full screen updates and let my computer restart Once I restarted it asked for disk checking which I let run When I got on I noticed that my desktop screen was light blue and when I tried to run programs like control panel My Computer desktop properties it would pop an error Explorer exe quot There is not enough free memory Issues Memory 7 Updates with Windows to run this program Exit one or more programs and try again quot Then I tried opening Warcraft III and Combat Arms and somehow they both worked now S Also when i open taskmanager it says im only using of CPU Any Windows 7 Memory Issues with Updates help would be appreciated to rid of these problems my specs are Windows Ultimate x build gigahertz Intel Core Duo Megabytes Usable Windows 7 Memory Issues with Updates Installed Memory Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD XT Belarc Advisor also says that I am missing important security updates if that helps Also windows updates does not run anymore Something worth mentioning I just rebooted onto my mac partition and everything runs fine at full speed so it is windows specific not the computer in general

A:Windows 7 Memory Issues with Updates

1.Restore pagefile to factory defaults Virtual Memory Paging File - Change - Vista Forums
2.Do you have any other system installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67757-windows-7-memory-issues-updates.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi These are Any issues w/new KB931768? Especially Updates? Windows the High Priority Security Updates that come up for me at Windows Update this month Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May KB Download size MB minutes Any issues w/new Windows Updates? Especially KB931768? After the download this tool runs once to check your computer for infection by specific prevalent malicious software including Blaster Sasser and Mydoom and helps to remove any infection found If an infection is found the tool will display a status report the next time you start your computer A new version of the tool will be offered every month If you want to manually run the tool on your computer you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center or run an online version from microsoft com This tool is not a replacement for an anti-virus product To help protect your computer you should use an anti-virus product Update for Windows XP KB Typical download size KB minutes This is a reliability update Install this update to resolve an issue where a third-party driver installed on a computer that is running Windows XP may prevent you from opening files successfully on a NTFS file system volume After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Download size MB minutes Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Internet Explorer and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Please note I have Windows XP SP and IE which I only use for Windows Updates -- I use Firefox for internet browsing Questions a Is anyone having any issues with any of them Especially KB I ve read that KB is causing people problems with IE in Vista But this update comes up for me for IE SP b Is this the same update that people with IE Vista are having issues with or does MS just assign them same KB to all these updates but they re actually different depending on what OS and IE version you have c If it is really for IE XP-SP then will it cause the same issues that IE Vista people are having Concerning KB I m not actually experiencing this issue that I know of so I wasn t going to download this update and just quot hide quot it on Windows Update It s better to do that than install a reliability update for an issue you re not having correct Concerning KB why is this file so BIG megs And when I go to the link for the update it says that it s megs Why would the sizes not match if it s the same update file Any assistance thoughts are appreciated -- thanks nbsp

A:Any issues w/new Windows Updates? Especially KB931768?

After 6 months using Vista, I made a scan of the registry I found 3000 errors on SYSWOW6432 huge amount of space for that entry.
So I reinstall VISTA clean, and install immediately all patches recommended by MS.
Then I did a Registry scan and I saw same problem with SYSWOW6432.
So it was a MS patches that corrupted the registry which one ?
So re-reinstall VISTA clean and applied one patch at a time and it was KB931768 for IE 7.
Is someone know how to get around that bug ?
I recommend the MS Live OneCare for registry scanning, its free. http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm but doesn't repair this KB931768 registry corruption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-issues-w-new-windows-updates-especially-kb931768.574075/
Relevancy 59.77%

Greetings I ve researched quite a bit to try and troubleshoot this on my 3.1.0.0 1.1, NET Issues Updates 2.0 Windows Installer and Framework own but I think my problem stems from the fact that I installed and may be am running the wrong version of Windows Installer on my system Please don t laugh do I have a bit or an bit or am I running Win NT like HiJack This says I think I installed the WIndows Installer for x and not mine or does it not make a difference Hence my WIndows Installer is set up to run automatically in services but it keeps stopping despite my re-starting it right before I attempt to download the NET Framework updates I uninstalled the NET and that I already had on my computer and tried to reinstall them after downloading and running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility I Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues ve unreg d and reg d Windows Installer I attempted to run the WFP Scan and didn t know where I was going with that I ve read and read MS KB articles to a point Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues where I am tired and thinking I might Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues make things worse I thought about uninstalling Windows Installer and re-installing and then it warns me that all sorts of programs like every one may not run so I didn t go there So I hope the above paragraph explains thoroughly what I ve done not done and what my issue is Or not so let me know what more info you need to assess I m perplexed and could use someone s help Below is my HijackThis log and the s are shady items I know but your advice as to what to fix do uninstall re-install would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Speeditup Free SearchDefender exe C Program Files UnH Solutions IE Privacy Keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files DOWNLOADED STUFF HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www searchgateway net search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchgateway net search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchgateway net search GFNT FF GIMP FF FORID amp q s O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar VMN Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E - C PROGRA VMNTOO VMNTOO DLL O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-3-1-0-0-and-net-framework-1-1-2-0-updates-issues.678444/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I would like to know if switching from windows 8.1 x64 to windows 10 solve technical issues with the windows updates? Ever since I starting having problems with windows updates starting with W7, all version (32 and 64 bits) and methods to solve 'updates takes too long long to check' (up to 4hrs or to the following day). Failed, even with wsusoffline tool. Did clean install 6x and still the same problem. It the same with windows 8, then upgrade to 8.1. I would like to update to W10 but worried that I would face the same problems but also with the with application and drivers for my laptop, the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite GS505037 (2009 model).Check the Toshiba support website, no drivers for W10.
My laptop is in perfect working conditions. Any advice or suggestion would be very helpful. Thank You

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/would-upgrading-to-windows-10-solve-the-updates-issues-1167313.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have 2 windows updates that haven't installed for about a month now..

-Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
-Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I don't have a clue why but everything installs fine.. I install them, restart my computer and everything does its thing while that's happening and they just pop up again when I do a search for updates after computer has restarted.

A:2 Windows Updates not installing, .NET Framework 4 Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275672-2-windows-updates-not-installing-net-framework-4-issues.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm using a Lenvovo T510 Thinkpad, Windows 7 x64.

I started to have issues with updates two weeks ago, tried everything, Fix It, SURT, clean boot etc etc etc ultimately I backed up and re-installed windows but still haven't resolved the issues.

Currently I need to an update to Windows updater which fails.

Error code 80070643, SURT found no integrity violations. CBS zipped folder attached.

I will be eternally grateful if you can help me.

A:Windows updates issues - Code 80070643

You have a large number of STATUS_RM_NOT_ACTIVE errors in the CBS log. (outside the simple SFC results)

**Back up first!!**
Once you are backed up, see if this helps

Open an Elevated Command Prompt
Copy and paste the following command to the prompt

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*

If you are asked for confirmation, type Y and hit Enter

Close the window and reboot.
Try Windows Update again, and let us know exact error messages, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/288264-windows-updates-issues-code-80070643-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have XP Home SP I have IE but only use Firefox for browsing and only use IE to do Windows Updates These are the Issues With Batch Updates? Newest Any Of Windows updates that came up for me this month at Windows Updates Update for Windows XP KB Typical download size KB minute Installing this update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in and due to revised Daylight Saving Time laws in many countries After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Update for Windows XP KB Typical download size KB minute Install this Any Issues With Newest Batch Of Windows Updates? update to increase the performance of web sites that use Ajax After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Security Update for Windows XP KB Typical download size KB minute A security issue has been identified in Microsoft DirectShow that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Security Update for Windows XP KB Download size MB minutes A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Windows Media file formats and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Typical download size MB minutes Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Internet Explorer and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Security Update for Windows XP KB Typical download size KB minute A security issue has been identified in the Macrovision Driver that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Anybody have any issues with these I thought there had already been an update like KB having to do with daylight savings time last month Why another one When doing a Google search I read that some people had an issue with this update Regarding KB I ve seen that a lot of people are having issues with this searched on Google and had to ultimately remove it though those people use IE for browsing and not Firefox Should I install this update anyways Anybody have issues with it Any help is appreciated -- thanks

A:Any Issues With Newest Batch Of Windows Updates?

Because I rarely use my wife's computer I have it set to auto-update and she doesn't have any problems. I haven't updated in a couple of weeks
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121430/any-issues-with-newest-batch-of-windows-updates/
Relevancy 59.77%

After a successful rid of malware, I attempted to keep my things updated but was stopped by this error;
Failed: 2 updates
error found:
Code 80243004 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

Any info would be appreciated....

A:Tried 2 updates; Silverlight & a windows 7 for issues. Failed.

Apparently it's a system tray issue.

Try making sure that windows update is allowed to show notifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-2-updates-silverlight-a-windows-7-for-issues-failed.208673/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently ugrade from Widows 7 Ultimate editin from Windows Vista Ultimate edition recently, but I began having update issues with it almost immediately.

I'm seeing the following (Office 2007) updates continually fail, each time I use the update service. The updates successfully download, but fail to install. I have managed to manually install some of them, but the few I have listed below, I am simply unable to install successfully. The following is a list of the updates, which appear to be hung, with no resolution in sight.

Code 646:

(KB972363)
(KB973709)
(KB952581)
(KB974234)
(KB969907)

Can anyone help with this issue? I've tried everything and "Microsoft has no support for Windows 7 issues at this time." I'm stuck with security gaps here.

A:Code 646: Issues with Windows 7 updates failing

Do you have Outlook 2007 installed or using Outlook 2007?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/29334-code-646-issues-windows-7-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I HOPE I am not making windows Numerous and/or HELP!! BSOD issues after updates PLEASE! this too lengthy Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Dell Dimension Processor Main Circuit Board gigahertz Intel Pentium BIOS Dell Computer Corporation Maxtor E L Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB Usable Hard Drive Capacity GB Hard Drive Free Space Hi I'm having A LOT of problems since a computer crash and or the numerous updates I installed right after the crash not being aware of problems HELP!! PLEASE! Numerous issues after BSOD and/or windows updates if any when I did these updates I'm not sure how much info to post this first time about these problems so here's a brief rundown and brief error messages First I have no information on that crash as there have been so many issues since then it was deleted to make room Possibly something in Dr Watson log on it Not sure I have had two crashes since then included at the HELP!! PLEASE! Numerous issues after BSOD and/or windows updates end I have No access to help and support center or the help files in ANY application both non-system crash Error message received when trying to access Microsoft help and support center does not open at all Microsoft help and support center has encountered a problem and needs to close Sorry for Faulting application helpctr exe version faulting module ieframe dll version fault address x d fd No access to system restore non-system crash Error message received when trying to access System Restore SR opens but then the first thing I click on it closes System Restore Application has encountered a problem and needs to close Sorry for Faulting application rstrui exe version faulting module ntdll dll version fault address x e No access to user accounts same Error message received when clicking on User accounts in control panel Microsoft HTML application host has encountered a problem and needs to close Sorry for Faulting application mshta exe version faulting HELP!! PLEASE! Numerous issues after BSOD and/or windows updates module mshtml dll version fault address x ce d Limited access to MM console often crashes application too Neither MMC or Sevices opens with double click nothing happens at all or if I click Open MMC will open only if I click on quot Author quot services does not open at all Error message received when clicking open on MMC or services or clicking on Author to open services Microsoft Management Console has encountered a problem Faulting application mmc exe version faulting module ieframe dll version fault address x d fd Error message received when clicking on standard extended tabs at bottom of MMC console or if I don't choose new window from here to work in services Microsoft Management Console has encountered a problem Faulting application mmc exe version faulting module ieframe dll version fault address x d fd Issues with Internet Explorer option to open link in new tab not available When trying to access help about from Internet Explorer Nothing-empty box pops up And stays Clicking on Internet Options gets me this mesage The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator Error message received when clicking on home page in Internet Explorer Internet Explorer has encountered a problem Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module ieframe dll version fault address x d fd Error message received when trying to use help in Internet Explorer help opens and then closes as soon as I select any file Internet Explorer has encountered a problem Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module ieframe dll version fault address x d fd Help files in QuickBooks Error message received when trying to use help in QuickBooks this error is not in log files or event viewer Code QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down Sorry for The other strange thing I'm getting with all of these except QB is a ... Read more

A:HELP!! PLEASE! Numerous issues after BSOD and/or windows updates

WOW!! Retroroz, Thats an awsome job of giving me the info I will need to help you resolve this issue. Man I wish everyone were as thorough. Do you happen to have a Windows XP disk? I think we are going to need one in this case. The first thing I would try in this case is a clean boot to see if its a program causing this issue thats the second link. The first link will show you step by step how to do a repair without data loss on your computer. Please read the entire document before proceeding so that you perform the correct repair.

http://www.freenerd.net/index.php?ti...hout_data_loss

This seems more than just a program causing this but just in case Try a clean boot to see if maybe it is. I believe this is the link telling you how if you don't already know.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

If it ends up working correctly on a clean boot we can try to narrow down the offending program from there and I will give you a program to uninstall it safely.

I have to shut down now for awhile because of storms, but I will check your progress as soon as I am able.

If you resolve this issue on your own or with this info please let me know so that I can move on to other peoples issues and mark this thread solved using the quick tools feature at the top of this thread.

Thanks
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-numerous-issues-after-bsod-and-or-windows-updates-507145.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi team,
when i deployed October windows updates on our win7 machines, some machines hangs up with screen "stage 2 of 2". Need to know the root cause for this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e098e8f3-9621-47e6-8fff-77320b06b69c/october-windows-updates-creating-issues-in-some-machines?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

It's my computer. How do I get access? Cannot left click anything on the panel. I need to turn the updates off.

A:Disable Windows 7 Ultimate Updates administrator issues

Click Start button, type gpedit.msc and press enter.

Navigate to Computer Configuration-> Administrative Templates -> Windows Component -> Windows Update. Make sure the state of each setting is "Not Configured".

Navigate to Computer Configuration-> Administrative Templates-> System-> Internet Communication Management-> Internet Communication settings. Make sure the state of “Turn off access to all Windows Update features” is "Not Configured".

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/162466-disable-windows-7-ultimate-updates-administrator-issues.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all I am having some reoccurring issues with my Toshiba Windows updates install on restart and other wont issues satellite P The most Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues recent issue that i've been having is when windows tries to install updates on restart Windows begins the download process but then prompts that the updates are not compatible and reverts the changes But my laptop doesn't restart it Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues just continues to try and reinstall the incompatible updates until my laptop blue screens In the past or days my laptop has blue screened or times Before this I was having a similar issue where there would be no updates that windows required but my computer would start hanging randomly and when i would restart it would take FOREVER to do so Im using the event viewer to find errors prior to this update and also because i can't remember the error code from the blue screen I think the error code had something to do with power drivers I cant remember T T HALP PLZZ Event Viewer Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Shadow Description Event filter with query SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt could not be reactivated in namespace root CIMV because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-WMI Guid edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f EventSourceName WinMgmt gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Shadow lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Shadow Description The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Shadow lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name param gt Computer Browser lt Data gt lt Data Name param gt Server lt Data gt lt Data Name param gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.I am not one of them.But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-usWindows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):Run SFCFix    This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.        -  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.Export CBS folder        -  On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579640/windows-updates-wont-install-on-restart-and-other-issues/
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently purchased a new Samsung 850 PRO SSD. I did a clean install using the recovery partition from my HP DV7 HDD and then cloned to the SSD.

The very fist thing I did was Windows Update and it just has the window that says "Checking for Updates Online..." with the bar constantly going.

I managed to download and install the SURT (KB947821) and that is the only update listed as installed under the Windows Update history.

SFC Scan passes with no issues.

On the Windows Update screen, no error codes appear. Just says "Never Checked."

Error code that I have come across in my CBS log file (multiple instances):
HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE

CBS.zip attached

A:Windows Update Issues / Stuck at Checking for Updates

Did you try searching for the topic? Many recent posts about the issue including several that provide tips as to how to get it to work better.

edit: Here is one that was just below yours. It may link to some of the potential solutions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397696-windows-update-issues-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hey all hope someone can shed some light here I am running a vista premium system on my packard bell laptop everything seemed fine until a little connection updates and windows issues!! hotmail live, while ago i copped a virus freddy windows live, updates and hotmail connection issues!! via facebook managed to remove it with malaware bytes but i now seem to have some real issues using any windows live, updates and hotmail connection issues!! micriosoft products For example - i now cannot connect to my windows live, updates and hotmail connection issues!! messenger service through windows live messenger - although i can get into it on msn messenger online Here the fault appears to be with KEY PORTS - proxy or firewall settings Firewall is disabled i have no antivirus software running and still the problem persists I tried the clean up option in windows live messenger connection trouble shooter to no avail still shows key ports error If its any help bit torrent wont connect either my windows live mail will now no longer log into any of my hotmail addresses - my virgin media and googlemail accounts are still ok i now cannot connect to microsoft updates - keep getting the red cross tried everything have used antivirus programs to check for infections nothing run a complete check with tune up utilities - to no avail my friend and i did a disc check and a dll file integrity check - and no problems were found obviously the virus has changed some of my registry files but i cannot restore to an earlier state becuase the previous versions were corruped and had to be destroyed - i only have roll-backs going back a few weeks none of which solve the problem Im sure this is something really simple but im just missing it I still have perfect access to the internet i installed and run the windows malicious software removal tool no difference its directly due to a virus i recieved through facebook and i know i am not the only one with this problem as a lot of my friends are now having issues although they seem to be able to connect to windows live messenger ok i run firefox i connect via virgin media broadband directly via a router netgear wgr v - and i have checked the settings there - and wirelessly im going bonkers so any help would be well appreciated - before i blitz the lot and install vista which apparently my laptop SHOULD have been installed with in the first place I have gb ram updates are all there up till now and i have a spare drive running on windows back up to protect my vital files any help would be brill cheers Jim

A:windows live, updates and hotmail connection issues!!

I suggest that you proceed to to our Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum, to have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst. Please be sure to follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Please be patient as the Security Analysts are very busy and one will get to you as soon as possible.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-updates-and-hotmail-connection-issues-355980.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi My work PC did a lot of windows updates last week and ever since its been having two major problems The pc will not turn off log off restart under its own power it has to be forced with the power reset - windows Major PC issues wont updates shutdown after button it will hang at the Major issues after windows updates - PC wont shutdown win logging off screen Outlook will not run for more than a few minutes then crash when you restart it it hangs at loading profiles until the pc is restarted Here is a list of all the updates it did last week http i imgur com Z OC tK png Im alarmed by the ones up the very top that has installed the same one times and if i go into windows update it wants to install it again I tried to remove the update but when i go into the list of installed updates to remove it it is not there Also oddly there are no system restore points before the updates office was our old copy of office i put it back on to see if outlook would work but it has the same crash issues as

A:Major issues after windows updates - PC wont shutdown

please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276134-major-issues-after-windows-updates-pc-wont-shutdown.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I was told to try and post in here to see if any experts here can diagnose a possible issue with my Windows Updates behaving oddly They think that while my Windows Update is saying it's up-to-date it really isn't and is skipping updates Here is the reference thread Daily BSOD x MsMpEng exe SINGLE DPC TIMEOUT EXCEEDED In summary I am having BSoD problems possibly something to do with a USB device The BSoD is usually reporting a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error code x and it happens sporadically but relatively consistently We're still working on debugging the issue and trying things but one problem of note has been that my relatively new and fresh install of Windows doesn't seem to be grabbing as many updates as are expected There are quite a few files attached to the parent post linked above but I'll insert my windows update logs here for reference I have just run Windows Update and installed all updates it has suggested I have no hidden updates and it says that everything is up-to-date Windowsupdate log Windowsupdate log Full SF Diagnostic Tool output SF - - zip Reference post specifics Originally Posted by blueelvis I am Windows missing updates, Issues, Update possibly BSoD astonished to see that you are seeing only available update On my system Also Windows Pro there are more than updates installed At this point of time I would suggest you to use the device on another Windows machine and see if you are still getting the BSOD Windows Update Issues, possibly missing updates, BSoD or not This is because there are very very few updates installed on the system and that could be causing problems Originally Posted by blueelvis I am just curious as to how come the system has got only updates installed and the system is showing that there are no further updates Sure this driver is provided by Microsoft but there is very well a chance where the base operating system files were updated -Pranav Originally Posted by usasma As such I suspect a USB problem - but am not sure exactly what's causing it Right now I don't even have enough info to guess between hardware and software And normally we discount the possibility of Windows problems - but there's evidence of a problem with your Windows Updates so it could also be a Windows problem Back when Win first came out it was having problems counting the updates This problem was so obvious that I started cautioning people to not rely on the number of updates That problem seems to have gone away as matured - but I have to wonder if your system is still affected by it I call this into question because the drivers starting with USB are very similar to mine - and if your system was so far out of date then I'd suspect to see more problems with older drivers in the memory dumps FYI - the kernel ntkrnlmp exe is dated from Wed Oct - on my system it's dated from Oct Good luck Originally Posted by usasma The time zone difference between date stamps on drivers is a complicated one We decided to stop using date time stamps in the DRT mainly due to that issue What I think is that the system is fully updated - but Windows isn't displaying an appropriate number of drivers The few Windows drivers that I've looked at are all updated to approximately the same level as my system But there is the issue about not displaying all updates - so this may actually be normal for this copy of the OS And there is the issue of Windows Updates errors in the WER section of MSINFO - but the majority of the errors were from Dec with only on Dec only on Jan and only on Jan I'd like to see if the Windows Update amp Activation experts can tell us if the system is fully updated

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61784-windows-update-issues-possibly-missing-updates-bsod.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am trying to figure out why Windows Updates suddenly stopped working in Dec This is my sons laptop HP G DX and I've corrected several issues but cant figure this one out Started with screen backlight issue changed screen noticed prompt at bootup asking to allow VZ something to update he said was related to Updates, issues to Windows Unable Store update having Component some app to pull data off his old phone so I removed the app Activated Norton key and ran scans nothing found Researched issue with updates not working everything I found said possible virus or missing corrupt registry keys Downloaded Malware Bytes and ran that found occurrences of some junk quot ASK quot Unable to update Windows Updates, having Component Store issues somthing so deleted all that Downloaded CCleaner and ran that to clean up reg keys Still wont update so continued researching and finally found your posts on similar issues I've run System Update Unable to update Windows Updates, having Component Store issues Readiness Tool Fixit Tool and SFC Fix Narrowed down to errors with Component Store but not sure what to do with them CheckSUR txt attached SFCfix log just references these errors so I didnt upload it I even went so far as to check updates on my Win SP Unable to update Windows Updates, having Component Store issues laptop and try to force once update using MS manager Now walla miraculously I am getting a msg stating that updates are avail so I'm gonna try to pull a few of them and will update with status whether they are installed or fail Meantime what should I do about the identified errors Oh afterthought the msg I initially received that tipped me off was from the fixit tool Windows update error x and using one of the options cant remember which I've done so many was able to install the Hotfix for Windows KB

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390496-unable-update-windows-updates-having-component-store-issues.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am Component Windows to Updates, Store having update Unable issues trying to figure out why Windows Updates suddenly stopped working in Dec This is my sons laptop HP G DX and I've corrected several issues but cant figure this one out Started with screen backlight issue Unable to update Windows Updates, having Component Store issues changed screen noticed prompt at bootup asking to allow VZ something to update he said Unable to update Windows Updates, having Component Store issues was related to some app to pull data off his old phone so I removed the app Activated Norton key and ran scans nothing found Researched issue with updates not working everything I found said possible virus or missing corrupt registry keys Downloaded Malware Bytes and ran that found occurrences of some junk quot ASK quot somthing so deleted all that Downloaded CCleaner and ran that to clean up reg keys Still wont update so continued researching and finally found your posts on similar issues I've run System Update Readiness Tool Fixit Tool and SFC Fix Narrowed down to errors with Component Store but not sure what to do with them CheckSUR txt attached SFCfix log just references these errors so I didnt upload it I even went so far as to check updates on my Win SP laptop and try to force once update using MS manager Now walla miraculously I am getting a msg stating that updates are avail so I'm gonna try to pull a few of them and will update with status whether they are installed or fail Meantime what should I do about the identified errors Oh afterthought the msg I initially received that tipped me off was from the fixit tool Windows update error x and using one of the options cant remember which I've done so many was able to install the Hotfix for Windows KB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390496-unable-update-windows-updates-having-component-store-issues.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Multiple issues quot Windows can t check for updates quot Control Panel won t open Internet Explorer issues does can't Control windows Desperate, issues - panel open, updates for check not Many SysInfo does not return any values Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page file c windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page file c windows system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files Zynga tbZyn dll O - Desperate, Many issues - Control panel does not open, windows can't check for updates BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO File Print FedEx Kinko s - F- D - c -B -B FFA E - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO Babylon IE plugin - CFACCB - F F- - EA- D B D C - C Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Utils BabylonIEPI dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO DCA - B FC- - -A CB-C A A A EEC - C Program Files Upromise dca-bho dll O - BHO Ask com Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO WRCommonBHO - D EC D- - D -B D-A B - C Program Files Webroot Security current plugins browserextension WebrootBHO dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Webroot Browser Helper Object - e fe- - b a- ec - edb e - C Program Files Webroot Security current products WISE toolbar LPBar dll O - BHO ToolHelper - EDC F F-F B - e -B E- FAEB FA - C Program Files Upromise upromisetoolbar dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar File Print FedEx Kinko s - f- d - c -b -b ffa e - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- -B BA BDC - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar Ask com Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Upromise TurboSaver - E E E-F CB- - E-A C BD E - C Program Files Upromise upromisetoolbar dll O - Toolbar Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files Zynga tbZyn dll O - Toolbar Webroot Toolbar - d a a -f b - -b - a bce d d - C Program Files Webroot Security current products WISE toolbar LPBar dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run StxTrayMenu quot C Program Files Seagate SystemTray FreeAgentLauncher exe quot C Program Files Seagate SystemTray StxMenuMgr exe O - HKL... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desperate-many-issues-control-panel-does-not-open-windows-cant-check-for-updates.975692/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an HP Envy m6 laptop. I went to check for updates due to the fact that this laptop originally had Windows 8.1. Windows updates just keeping Checking for updates with the green progress bar keeps turning and
turning. I had this problem awhile back and there is an issue with two KB files which are windows update agents but I did not write them down. Does anybody have that information?
Thanking you in advance,
Dennis Sturgill

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0de5f859-9f60-4f37-bd1d-5b321bf9fc00/after-fresh-install-of-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-then-running-windows-updates-it-just-keeps?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there. One of my Windows 7 PCs just refuses to update sometimes. Overnight it did 14. Then this morning there is still a definition update for MSE and a Graphics adapter updater for nVidia. It just doesn't want to do it and comes up with an error message 80072EFD. Now if I update MSE from within the program itself, it works. But that's not a permanent solution. I still wonder what is wrong and how to handle that. Also, I do not know how to allow specific websites through the Firewall. I know how to allow programs, but not websites. And judging from some answers on forums concerning this subject, it may not be the answer either. Thank you in advance for any tips.

A:Windows 7 System refuses certain updates

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363936-windows-7-system-refuses-certain-updates.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I apologise if this has been asked before.

I have just had to put the system Windows 7/64 HP back to factory settings as the hdd failed.

I now see that there are over 200 updates to be downloaded and installed. Is there not a solution to this ie a "unofficial service pack". Alternatively please tell me if there is a way to slipstream Windows 7/64 - last time I looked there wasn't a solution.

I just ask as I would have thought large corporate users of Win 7 wouldn't be too happy with the unnecessary time to download/install etc.

Thanks so much for any constructive advice.

A:System recovery and windows updates

For SP1 integration Slipstream Windows 7 SP1 into a Installation DVD or ISO File

If you have a retail Windows 7 key though, you can just download the installer from MS Software Recovery - Microsoft Software Recovery

The rest of the updates you will have to download.

Companies can use Windows Services Update Server (WSUS) to deploy Windows Updates they wish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376524-system-recovery-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 57.62%

After installing Windows Updates my pc does not restart as it says it will.
It needs rebooting, after which it goes into Repair Mode.
This prompts a System Restore and eventually it will boot up again, but often only after several abortive attempts. It seems to need to be left alone for 10-15 mins before a successful reboot.
I have posted thsi problem before and the nearest I got to a useful reply was being told that "it happens", and advice to turn off Automatic Updating which I have done. I only install what look like important updates and I haven't had the problem since, until now.
Any ideas please?

A:System not restarting after Windows Updates

Hello

I know you have probable done this before but the first thing to do is...

Run a full up-dated AV scan with your installed AV...
Run a full scan with malwarebytes, free version.

Malwarebytes

After you know that there is no problem as far as a virus or malware then do a sfc scan, here is the tutorial for doing so.

System Files - SFC Command

When the sfc is done look at the results, if there are any error's then run the sfc 3 more times each time you run it , it repairs more. This is the easy way...

1. Click Start...
2. Type CMD in the search box...
3. When to popup list comes up go to the top and Right Click the cmd.exe and run it as administrator...
4. When the command box appears then type sfc /scannow, notice the is a space between the sfc and the forward slash...

If your sfc won't run in reg mode the run it in safe mode. When you run the first sfc upload it to the forum so we can see what's going on.

If you have questions or need help then post us back and we will help...

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/288790-system-not-restarting-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I had to disable windows updates for my Windows 10 OS because one of the recent updates keeps freezing my system. When I did a system restore to a point before the update, everything worked fine again, but everytime it would automatically update again the same problem occurred and would take me a long time to fix. Is there another option besides disabling updates? I don't have time to keep restoring my system and undoing the glitch this most recent update (week of 10/10/2016) causes.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442501-windows-updates-keep-freezing-up-my-system.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer got bogged down updating Windows 8. It caused the svchost to work over time and thus overloaded our bandwidth for three days!! If I go to system restore will it want to update Windows again? ( I have changed the settings to only update on command)
Don't want to over load the system again. Live in a remote area and have Sat Dish, it's the only form of Internet.

A:System restore. Windows updates.

If you go into system restore and create a new restore point after the updates, you can use that restore point and not have to re-download the updates again..

If you got Hughesnet downloads between 2 am and 7am do not count towards your usage..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60434-system-restore-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone....

I did a System Restore shortly after ( about an hour later) A Windows Update ( actually 3 Windows update items).

I was curious...will a Sytem Restore remove a very recent Windows Update(s)?

I checked in the ADD/Remove .."view installed updates" and those Windows Updates in question are listed. Also, when I go to "Windows update history" those particular Windows updates are listed as "successful" under "status".

So I am assuming that the Sytem Restore did not and does not remove Windows Updates.

Is this correct?

A:System restore and Windows updates

Actually, yes it usually will undo any windows updates that were done after the restore point date and time.

Are you sure the windows updates were done after the restore point was created?

More information:

System Restore: frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

What is System Restore? - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/318887-system-restore-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Forum,

I need to restore my system to a prievious restore point. There have been several 'Windows Critical Updates' to my system after the restore point I'm going back to. I'm assuming that these updates will be removed due to the restore process.

My question(s) is, does Windows recognize that these updates are no longer installed on my system? Will Windows reinstall them after the system restore?

Thanks in advance!

A:System Restore Points / Windows Updates

Yes, windows will try and re-install. If not automatically, just click 'check for updates'

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/144160-system-restore-points-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi All I had setup my VISTA OS to at windows system updates, After stucks startup check for After windows updates, system stucks at startup updates everyday by AM As you all know if there are After windows updates, system stucks at startup any it will install and restarts itself Yesterday I was awake during the install update happened Installed and System restarted but it stucks at the screen where we see quot Microsoft Corporation quot and progress bar keep running it stucks there forever even after hours I see the same screen I am able to load the OS in safe mode I tried to do disk check for disk errors But getting a After windows updates, system stucks at startup message no solutions to this problem now and send the information I opened the System repair tool and tried to restore and was not able to do Logged in safe mode and tried for system restore its turned off and can not turn it on because its in safe mode and no option displayed to do so I uninstalled all the windows updates happened yesterday Mar- - and tried to restart it doesnt help either Please help me out with what could be the problem and a solutions to it Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

A:After windows updates, system stucks at startup

Hi All,

this is neuropahari again..
Startup repair threw me some errors while it was attempting to repair..
Title Message " Satrtup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically"

Problem Signature
Prob Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Prob Sign 01: AutoFailOver
.............02 : ............
............. 03: ..........
............04: 65537
and so on and on
Locale ID: 1033

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/215763-after-windows-updates-system-stucks-startup.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I'm supporting someone who is having an issue with Windows system corruption Updates causing Windows Updates causing a system corruption Windows Updates causing system corruption after installing updates nbsp After Windows Updates causing system corruption installing the updates the system goes into a loop where it tries to do an Automatic Repair fails reboots and repeats nbsp Srttrail txt says that the issue is with cng sys and gives an error code of xa Root cause found nbsp --------------------------- Boot critical file c windows system drivers cng sys is corrupt Repair action File repair Result Failed Error code nbsp xa Time taken ms The system is running Windows x FDE is enabled with Bitlocker nbsp I was able to get back into Windows by doing a system restore I disabled Bitlocker tried to run the updates again and the same issue occurs and I had to do another system restore to get back to Windows nbsp I ran sfc scannow and it found corrupt files but was unable to fix nbsp The list of updates that are trying to install are KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB Any thoughts

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/789a1eb4-c7b6-4b23-a78b-3390e773b6c4/windows-updates-causing-system-corruption?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I installed a new windows 7 64-bit Ultimate and made updates but it installed 32-bit updates. This never happen to me before.

Here's my computer specs:

A:Windows Update installed 32-bit updates in a 64-bit system!

Hello Aleya, and welcome to Seven Forums.

That's normal since you have installed the 32-bit (x86) edition of Office instead of the 64-bit edition.

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348300-windows-update-installed-32-bit-updates-64-bit-system.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I wonder whether one or more of 13 recent Windows Updates has caused an issue. I can use System Restore to take my PC back to September 7th, three days before the Windows Updates were installed (there is just a Java update that has taken place since that I would have to carry out again). Alternatively, I can uninstall the Windows Updates one at a time or all together to see whether that rectifies the situation. Is there a preference? Should I uninstall from the highest KB number downwards if I uninstall the Updates one at a time?

A:System Restore or uninstall Windows Updates?

Hi, if you suspect that the updates are causing problems the easiest way is to use System restore.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53876-system-restore-uninstall-windows-updates.html