Windows Support Forum

Sound looping (being choppy) laptop lid closed

Q: Sound looping (being choppy) laptop lid closed

Hello all

basically I have set all options to say don't do anything when I close the laptop lid yet on my vlc player it decides to loop like 10/20 seconds of the song playing through my headphones when playing on the speakers it's fine so I believe, i have tried re installing the drivers (no luck) tried window update (that caused the problem can't roll back) and i have tried windows diagnostic service and that says there is an error, yet when i try to fix it it says that the headphones are not plugged in or nothing into that socket.

Any help would be grate,

Many thanks, David

P.s. my laptop is running windows 8 (hp pavilion DM1 amd E2)

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/42927-sound-looping-being-choppy-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sound looping (being choppy) laptop lid closed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone my -year-old Asus laptop has been freezing for some months now At first the freezing was happening infrequently and I thought it was a consequence of Windows being installed for full years without freezes with sound looping Laptop reinstall registry being clogged all kinds of stuff installed hard disk practically full etc Recently the freezing has been happening more frequently so I decided it was time for a reinstall I opted for Windows Professional as I rarely reinstall Windows on my computers and the is just round the corner As I freed up the disk formatted the first partition and installed Windows the freezing Laptop freezes with looping sound was happening again This made me think this was a hardware issue and I just needed to Laptop freezes with looping sound find out which part of hardware exactly hoping it would be something simple and easily replaceable such as RAM or hard drive I tried just installing Windows without any drivers or programs so as to eliminate the possibility of a software problem Even with the bare Windows I was able to reproduce the freezing easily I am advanced enough a user to recognize most computer issues from experience or by diagnostics But this one has me wondering especially as it s a laptop and I don t have many spare parts lying around to experiment with So far I ve stress-tested the CPU with Prime - everything OK all the tests go on and on without errors Tried stress-testing the GPU with FurMark - temperature rises but far below worrying grades no errors no freezing Ran a chkdsk on the disk - no errors Tried Windows Memory Diagnostics - standard test goes through an unlimited number of passes without errors the extended one I can t bear to wait till it finishes but goes all the way sans errors There are two -GB Kingston DDR sticks in the computer s two memory slots I ve tried running them in all combinations - each on their own and in each slot - no good the sticks seem to be good could both of them have gone bad The laptop is clean the fans are never loud and the temperatures are ideal I m running out of ideas By checking Windows event logs and reliability monitor I ve managed to get dumps of the errors But usually in the log I can only see messages such as quot the last windows shutdown was unexpected quot Rarely though it points to a video driver-related error I ll attach the dump files for somebody to check Something to do with TDR and video I ve tried stuff that can usually solve that error - did a clean reinstall of the video drivers - to no avail I m beginning to think this is the motherboard at fault since all the components I ve tested seem to work very well when ran through stress-tests individually I also can t seem to notice the pattern which causes the system to freeze And yeah when it freezes if playing sound it loops a very short last part of what was playing I can pretty confidently watch a -hour HD movie in Media Player Classic and it won t freeze I tried playing some GPU intensive games and I seem to be able to play them for a very long time and it won t freeze On the other hand I could only be doing some business in Word and it could freeze Also I noticed it would freeze less often when I surf the web using Firefox than Chrome The most simple way to reproduce the freezing now seems to be watching YouTube in the variations of memory stick testing it never lasted longer than playing minutes of youtube video not fullscreen till freezing nothing else being run on the computer or reading something on the web while listening to music from youtube I ve described all the aspects of the problem as best I could now I would appreciate if someone would take a look at the dumpfile or comment on what I described Thanks very much nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone my -year-old Asus laptop has [SOLVED] with Laptop sound frequently freezes looping been freezing for some months now At first the freezing was happening infrequently and I thought it was a consequence of Windows being installed for full years without reinstall registry being clogged all kinds of stuff installed hard disk practically full etc Recently the freezing [SOLVED] Laptop freezes frequently with looping sound has been happening more frequently so I decided it was time for a reinstall I opted for Windows Professional as I rarely reinstall Windows on my computers and the ' ' is just round the corner As I freed up the disk formatted the first partition and installed Windows the freezing was happening again This made me think this was a hardware issue and I just needed to find out which part of hardware exactly hoping it would be something simple and easily replaceable such as RAM or hard drive I tried just installing Windows without [SOLVED] Laptop freezes frequently with looping sound any drivers or programs so as to eliminate the possibility of a software problem Even with the bare Windows I was able to reproduce the freezing easily I am advanced enough a user to recognize most computer issues from experience or by diagnostics But this one has me wondering especially as it's a laptop and I don't have many spare parts lying around to experiment with So far I've stress-tested the CPU with Prime - everything OK all the tests go on and on without errors Tried stress-testing the GPU with FurMark - temperature rises but far below worrying grades no errors no freezing Ran a chkdsk on the disk - no errors Tried Windows Memory Diagnostics - standard test goes through an unlimited number of passes without errors the extended one I can't bear to wait till it finishes but goes all the way sans errors There are two -GB Kingston DDR sticks in the computer's two memory slots I've tried running them in all combinations - each on their own and in each slot - no good the sticks seem to be good could both of them have gone bad The laptop is clean the fans are never loud and the temperatures are ideal I'm running out of ideas By checking Windows event logs and reliability monitor I've managed to get dumps of the errors But usually in the log I can only see messages such as quot the last windows shutdown was unexpected quot Rarely though it points to a video driver-related error I'll attach the dump files for somebody to check Something to do with TDR and video I've tried stuff that can usually solve that error - did a clean reinstall of the video drivers - to no avail I'm beginning to think this is the motherboard at fault since all the components I've tested seem to work very well when ran through stress-tests individually I also can't seem to notice the pattern which causes the system to freeze And yeah when it freezes if playing sound it loops a very short last part of what was playing I can pretty confidently watch a -hour HD movie in Media Player Classic and it won't freeze I tried playing some GPU intensive games and I seem to be able to play them for a very long time and it won't freeze On the other hand I could only be doing some business in Word and it could freeze Also I noticed it would freeze less often when I surf the web using Firefox than Chrome The most simple way to reproduce the freezing now seems to be watching YouTube in the variations of memory stick testing it never lasted longer than playing minutes of youtube video not fullscreen till freezing nothing else being run on the computer or reading something on the web while listening to music from youtube I've described all the aspects of the problem as best I could now I would appreciate if someone would take a look at the dumpfile or comment on what I described Thanks very much

A:[SOLVED] Laptop freezes frequently with looping sound

I've been told it could have something to do with Flash Player, I'm looking into it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-laptop-freezes-frequently-with-looping-sound-667678.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I was browsing my computer when my brothers laptop sounded like wen you login to windows and when i went and opened it it had a black screen and wasnt working i had to force restart it and turn it on again, it had alot of trash and i just factory restarted it and my mom brought it to his friend that is a computer engineer and he said its clean, it may have been a system glitch but i just wana be sure, i have bad memory so i dont remember well but i think thats what i heard but it might be my laptop but it did have a black screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573365/sound-on-a-closed-laptop/
Relevancy 56.33%

I m having problems with my sound on my computer I had downloaded the latest drivers from the via web site and everything was going fine I have made no changes to the computer except for installing The Sims and everything was working fine Now the problem is that I get some sound but not all Best description is quot choppy quot It happens w sound efects and music files The only thing I have not tried is playing an audio cd Of course I removed the sound device Now this is the strange part I run the driver install that I downloaded and I get a message on the computer that says the via chipset has not been enabled in the bios This is incorrect choppy. sound mobo, elements onboard via chipset, sound The chipset is enabled The onboard sound is enabled So after removing the sound device from device mgr I reboot the sound choppy. elements mobo, via chipset, onboard sound computer The comuputer recognizes a pci sound choppy. elements mobo, via chipset, onboard sound communications device and locates sound choppy. elements mobo, via chipset, onboard sound and installs the drivers for it Wow Imagin that Of course I get the same problem Any suggestions Need more info let me know Thanks nbsp

A:sound choppy. elements mobo, via chipset, onboard sound

I'm guessing an IRQ conflict. Any devices fighting for the same IRQ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-choppy-elements-mobo-via-chipset-onboard-sound.44105/
Relevancy 55.47%

When I start Aliens versus Predator GE on my computer, the opening music will skip just like a scratched record or CD throughout the game. Anything I can do about it?

I'm got a 16 MB NVidia Vanta AGP card, 1 ghz AMD Athlon processor, 128 megs of RAM and a 60 gig HD.

And, before you say it; yes, I know...I need a video upgrade.

Relevancy 55.47%

Is there a way to turn off the looping sound i keep getting after my game crashes?

I know it will go away if I turn my pc off but then I have to enter my 60 char pass at boot then at login then to load my hdds then i have to start all my programs up again and finaly start my game over .

the dragon age .exe isnt running any more so im not sure what is cuasing this looping sound

A:Looping Sound after crash

Did you look in 'sound' (from control panel)? .. click on the sounds tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/163747-looping-sound-after-crash.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve had this issue for about weeks now I noticed it first in Diablo later in World of Warcraft It started out as music stuttering I could hear it loop for a bit and then it would stop It wouldn t affect the gameplay itself it was just annoying like a scratched cd It started doing it in WoW as well and then came the mini-freezes They only last for a second or two but as any WoW player knows those few seconds can be the difference between life and death in the game Initially I thought quot Maybe it s something wrong with Blizzard s games quot I tried uninstalling re-installing both games the issue still persisted Just to be sure I recently downloaded another game Elsword to see if it would happen again Spoiler It did Not the music looping per-say but the mini-freezes do happen As for now it s not a gigantic issue A couple of seconds here and there usually after it happens sound looping... are is freezing, Games it doesn t do it again until I re-boot the game but I m afraid it will grow into a larger issue over time like the game fully freezing and then it has to be forced to shut down I believe this is a software issue I think it may concern an update in the computer s software that has happened within the past few weeks or it is otherwise something Games are freezing, sound is looping... that I ve downloaded updated in the past that is running in the background that is causing these issues So I m wondering how I may go about troubleshooting these issues but I don t know where to begin The only thing that comes to mind is the painstaking task of running the msconfig task manager and going through each and every program that is running and turning them all on off by and starting the games up to see if it effects it at all but I don t know if that would work To be honest I m not really versed in the art of quot troubleshooting quot or otherwise fixing irritating issues such as these on computers I ll list a few things I have tried already and hopefully that will save a bit of time I also have my pc specs listed on my profile if that would help anyone run a full scan with Malwarebytes and AVG Antivirus used every option in AVG tuneup - http www avg com us-en avg-pctuneup Followed every step on this website http help ea com en article how-to-troubleshoot-crashing-and-freezing-issues Otherwise sorry for the wall of text and a big thank you to anyone in advance who is willing to take the time to try to help I m just trying to do what I can before I resort to a Factory Settings reset nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

In the past week or so, I've been repeatedly getting BSOD while running games such as Bad Company 2 and Age of Conan. What sometimes happens is that my audio will start popping, and it will start stuttering and eventually crash to a blue screen or just crash. Other times it will freeze instantly. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and also using generic windows drivers.

Rampage II Gene Mobo
core i7 920
Radeon HD 5850
4gb PC12800 Patriot RAM
I've included the minidump file as an attachment.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8005A94788
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\051810-45957-01.dmp
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53445-0.sysdata.xml
Edit: nothing is overclocked, none of my hardware temps are high

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Here's the problem Brand new pc crashes at random times Screen freezes leds on keyboard and mouse black out and the sound loops kindof fast Reset button resets but that's all it responds to when this happens No BSOD no event - everything looping Random sound tried crashes with viewer logs on anything Here comes the worst part I keep having my tech guy take it away to fix it but it doesn't want to crash at his techlab Not in days Accumulated the PC has been in his lab for about weeks now Not once has it crashed for him even tho Random crashes with looping sound - tried everything he ran all kinds of stress tests dMark Memtest and some others i downloaded myself but don't remember which ones they are So it's impossible to produce the crash on purpose He opened and kind of worked a little most of my applications simultaneously - and i have a lot of applications Nothing no crash no errors Happened three times now that he took it away to see what's wrong but after a few days he brought it back to me - because it just didn't crash at his place I know what you might be thinking voltage fluctuations right I call bs on that because i have a surge protected extender and it doesn't freeze even when the Random crashes with looping sound - tried everything lights in the whole house are flickering due to Random crashes with looping sound - tried everything fluctuations I contacted some other techies for suggestions on the problem but all of them are saying different things Some say its hardware related and the only solution is to swap the hardware up by and see what happens Some say windows is trash ofc they use linux or apple or w e and it needs MemTurbo and ProcessTamer to avoid crashes because those apps are that essential to run a windows properly Some others say it might be my peripherals logitech g some HP printer logitech woofers and logitech kb or simply faulty electicity wonder how my old pc can bare with those tho Also some say its a typical undetectable hardware problem and nothing helps really so i should just bare with the occasional freezes until they stop by themselve WTF All in all im pretty lost with this problem and the only solution i can think of is a huge f gt amp ing hammer then forcefeeding something like quot it crashed physically by itself give me a new one of everything plz quot to the store i bought it at Personally i suspect some undetectable hardware problem Which is statistically the most probable scenario after i got no feedback of any errors from my pc Or bad memory addressing Or a faulty video card Or of the other things Please help me i'm open to any suggestions

A:Random crashes with looping sound - tried everything

Sounds like a hardware problem. My thoughts are RAM, PSU, CPU, Motherboard. Do you have a spare PSU around to test? Have you tried the sticks of RAM individually? Nothing is needed like memturbo to run windows. If you bought the computer recently, is it still under warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177368-random-crashes-looping-sound-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys, i know lots of people seem to have this problem but after trawling through the Steam forums apparently the problem is individual comp specific.

I have tried all the usual things such as updating drivers for motherboard, gfx, sound, etc etc. I have also made sure that nothing on my system is overclocked.

I have also reinstalled hl2 and cs:s from scratch and i still get the same error.

Specifically the error mentions the datacache.dll and also sometimes d3d9.dll (but i have only seen the latter error once)

Intel Q6600 Quad
4Gb OCZ Reaper
Radeon X850XT
If you need to know anything else let me know

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone ive had this issue for a while now and im still not sure what could be the problem My computer has been constantly feezing whenever playing counterstrike or Half life When it does this the sound begins to loop or sometimes it just makes a loud screeching noise The computer will completely lock up and I m forced to just turn the power off There is no indication while playing that the game is going to freeze i e Lag Im pushing - fps easy I ve tried reinstalling the game numerous times to see if steam was the problem but it still does it Ive run many spyware removers to see if that was was the problem freezing/sound Computer looping but each time i run it i only get about bug so that cant be the problem Also ive checked my temp s when running the game and the processor stays at about Computer freezing/sound looping the entire time Also i thought that the screeching might indicate that the sound card was causing the problem so ive reinstalled the drivers for my sound card to see if it was the problem but the freezing still persists PLEASE HELP My spec s Computer freezing/sound looping are as follows ABIT NF -S Mobo Athlon XP processor PNY mb GT Sound Blaster Audigy zs gig hard drive Watt power supply i think thats high enough for this hardware blackeye nbsp

A:Computer freezing/sound looping

does it freeze and screech only when playing on a network or over the internet? and also, how long after u've begun playing a game or running the program that it starts doing this? it's most likely to be the hardware or the way the hardware is configured when running the game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-sound-looping.20724/
Relevancy 54.61%

So this has been an ongoing issue and I was recommended to post on this forum just in case I ll go ahead and leave a link to the previous thread I started as are is sound looping... freezing, Games well so we can avoid doing anything that I haven t done already http forums techguy org games -games-freezing-sound-looping html To elaborate a little bit I noticed it first in Diablo When I was in town the sound would loop like a scratched cd Then In World of Warcraft I was having the same audio issue but the game started freezing for about - seconds but it never completely crashes the game There are no times where it does it consistently I have tested multiple games at this point a few include Elsword Torchlight offline The Witcher offline Dead Space might be worth noting it has never frozen or looped the audio Games are freezing, sound is looping... when I play Dead Space and I have also had instances where a game will freeze when I play flash games in google chrome Hopefully I do this right it does seem like an awful lot of text to sift through Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Darick Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http acer msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about Tabs R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO VirtualKeyboardBrowserHelperObject - -E C- C- -C DC - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Safe Money Plugin - E D D - D - A -AE F- D E D - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - no file O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files x Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run SuiteTray quot C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe quot O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run Hotkey Utili... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

I run Windows 7 (32 bit) on an Acer laptop, and primarily use Chrome. Every time I watch a YouTube video, or try to use the internet while listening to iTunes, and even sometimes when I'm just browsing Facebook, my computer will freeze completely for several minutes, and loop whatever sound was happening at the time (it'll sound like a loud buzzing).

I've ran anti-malware software, ccleaner, and tried updating multiple drivers for anything I could think to update. This only happened after I tried to reinstall Windows on my computer myself, but it was a week or two after that the problems started. I don't know if it's a hardware or software malfunction.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I'm hoping I can get some help here please I recently had a virus problem but since that has been fixed through the Virus Thread here at TSF Whilst in the process of cleaning my any or Choppy on audio video sound sound and computer nearing the end of the process I noticed that any video or sound that I played whether it was through video file that has been downloaded or even if it was a DVD or watching a video through YouTube or just listening to an MP through any program the sound would be choppy and just go at like a slow motion pace every few seconds The computer is now clean but I am hesitant to do a system restore to an earlier date because of the viruses that Choppy audio and sound on any video or sound were there Choppy audio and sound on any video or sound I have reinstalled programs reinstalled the sound driver ran Windows Recovery reinstalling flash and defragmented the computer but unfortunately its still not fixed I told this problem to a Mod over in the Virus Thread and they redirected me here I can't say for sure when exactly this happened but it was after the Mod told me to update my Java delete Viewpoint Media Choppy audio and sound on any video or sound Player and update Adobe Reader that it happened I have a MSI Megabook S that runs Windows XP Please let me know if there is any additional information you need from me Thanks

A:Choppy audio and sound on any video or sound

I know you said you reinstalled the sound driver but try this. Delete the driver, restart pc and then reinstall driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-audio-and-sound-on-any-video-or-sound-480512.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I am having a problem with the sound from my speakers when I play CD's, I have a CD-ROM and a CD/DVD Burner. The problem happens in both the CD-ROM and the CD/DVD-Burner. THe problem only happens when CD's are played other music files on my computer play without a problem . The speakers aren't the problem, because they are brand new and this problem happened on another set of speakers. There are no resource conflicts in Device manager, and I have the most recent XP signed driver. Anyone know what can be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Duncan

A:Choppy Sound - Problem with sound from Speakers

Hi, dacarta74!

Will you describe the problem, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound-problem-with-sound-from-speakers.230450/
Relevancy 54.18%

Most of my games work fine but a number of them that have compressed their cutscene sequences using Bink have sound looping issues.

Especially Mini Ninjas and Borderlands.

I've updated sound card drivers, changed sound cards ports, tried all levels of dxdiag's sound acceleration adjuster and still get the looping.

Appears to be a common problem but I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Wondering if anyone here might know of any?

A:Bink Video Looping Sound Stupidity

Ah well chalk up to another cheap PC port. I've gotta get me a PS3 soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bink-video-looping-sound-stupidity.983944/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I have had this PC for a number of months now but originally only had used to to browse the web and play a few games. Now that I've started using it more however, it has started to freeze, turn to a black screen, and sound loop until the computer restarts itself. This has happened many times and I've never actually seen the bluescreen, however I get the report upon reboot:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8007F28010
BCP2: FFFFF8800FD441A4
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Attached is the requested information, thanks.

A:BSOD while running certain videogames w/ sound looping

Hello Ichbinder and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Analyse

BCCode analysis VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c8ef4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fee0ae4, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
You had a few pointers towards your Graphics Card. Therefore I recommend you to do a Clean Install of the driver, and in order to do that without having any leftover files, do the below tutorial.

i) Make your way to ATI Drivers - Downloads and download the latest driver for your card, save it to your desktop for instance
ii) Uninstall the Graphic driver you currently have and all its extensions (do not reboot yet)
iii) Download Driver Sweeper
iv) Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your
v) Select all the ATI components and analyse them
vi) Clean them, head into Windows without internet and install the driver you've downloaded previously

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247053-bsod-while-running-certain-videogames-w-sound-looping.html
Relevancy 54.18%

How the problem started Two days ago 7 Ult [Bsod 64bit + sound] Freeze and/or Looping Win when i first tried to boot my computer up i got Win 7 64bit Ult [Bsod + Freeze and/or Looping sound] stuck at the screen where you can press delete to get into BIOS Tried resetting a few times before i gave up and decided to open the chassi to see if all the fans etc started I took note that all the fans seemed to operate correctly but the inside of the computer was kind of dusty so i decided to clean it out a little bit After the cleanup i managed to get the computer started indicating a heat problem but it froze pretty quickly and continued to freeze up whenever i used the computer for like minutes Since it's hard to get the computer clean without removing the fans etc and cleaning them quot manually quot i thought quot hmm well might still be some kind of heating problem i'll remove all the fans etc and do a real clean out quot Removed all the dust from my CPU Win 7 64bit Ult [Bsod + Freeze and/or Looping sound] GPU and Chassi fans and when i put it all together i checked that all the cables cards etc were inserted correctly and looked healthy After this cleanout i managed to use the computer for the rest of the day with only BSOD The next day i start the computer up the problem is kind of back i do get a few BSODS and when i run Verifier it finds a problem with one of my bitdefender drivers I uninstall bitdefender and the BSODS stop However whenever i try to play any game Wow Starcraft Bad company etc The game freezes and i hear some annoying looping sound like quot BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRB quot Upon resetting rebooting i do not recieve any kind of message like quot your system experienced a fatal error quot Right now i'm really tired and annoyed so i've kind of hit a dead end in trying to solve this by myself does anyone have any idea what i'm dealing with Next step for me is running memtest and or clean install of win Would like to avoid it but meh I'm linking my latest dumpfiles in case you think it might be useful Sorry abou the wall of text and thank you in advance OS - Windows - bit Age of system hardware - I've done some upgrading from time to time but no older than years Age of OS installation - About months CPU - Core duo not really sure which one but it's ghz Video Card - Geforece GTX MotherBoard - Asus - Socket - ATX nForce i SLI P N-D Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Corsair W

A:Win 7 64bit Ult [Bsod + Freeze and/or Looping sound]

Hello and welcome to TSF.

It sounds like the graphics card could potentially be overheating or underclocked. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_b2ef4f04`d78703d4
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_b2ef4f04`d78703d4
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sun Aug 15 08:26:19.839 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:02.587
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_b2ef4f04`d78703d4
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_b2ef4f04`d78703d4
BugCheck C4, {f6, 560, fffffa80047e8b30, fffff88006307651}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_f6
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Aug 15 08:22:28.651 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:44.399
BugCheck C4, {f6, b88, fffffa800730eb30, fffff8800205d651}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfm.sys
Probably caused by : bdfm.sys ( bdfm+e651 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Debug session time: Sun Aug 15 08:19:21.930 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:32.678
BugCheck C4, {f6, ad0, fffffa80073a4b30, fffff880078c1651}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
Debug session time: Sun Aug 15 07:42:06.011 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:21.806
BugCheck 3B, {c0000096, fffff80002ac09a6, fffff88007893fa0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+a3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: Skype.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win-7-64bit-ult-bsod-freeze-and-or-looping-sound-506237.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Now I m guessing this should be in the hardware section but boot upon and screen looping sound signal No I want to make sure it s not a software related issue To give you the complete story here I was playing Madden last night when all of a sudden my computer No screen signal and looping sound upon boot rebooted by itself No warnings or anything just a black screen for a quick moment and then a reboot I thought it was a bit strange and waited for it to boot to see what it had to report but to my surprise it booted up windows got to my desktop and then did the same thing again so I just let it sit there till today Now today I turned it on and it booted up as usual and worked fine for a couple of minutes until I was hit with a bluescreen with the error message x A Several reboots later I managed to get x E So after a bit of googling I figured I d try to remove some of my ram sticks I have x MB and I found at least one of them to be defective because it always seemed to crash with that specific stick Anyway I had one more x E error caused by the defective ram stick during my ram test after which the computer has completely stopped working Whenever I turn it on I get no screen signal and strangely enough I get a looping sound in my speakers It sounds like a voice saying three words although so distorted I cannot tell what Also listening to the computer and keeping an eye on the light on my keyboard and mouse it does not indicate that the computer is booting which makes me doubt that this is just down to a defective graphics card I ve tried to google this error but it looks and sounds like it s very very rare so I would be very grateful for any advice here I should mention that I have tried booting with various RAM combinations but they all give the same black screen and looping sound I fear that this computer is officially dead or atleast it s motherboard Hardware Asus P C Deluxe Canterwood FSB Lite-On DVD CDRW LTC- K- C White NorthQ NQ ATX PSU db Pentium Prescott MHz MB FSB POV XT MB Seagate Barracuda GB SATA xCorsair Value DDR MB nbsp

A:No screen signal and looping sound upon boot

Hi and welcome to TSG.
Are you hearing any beeps at startup?
No beeps can indicate either a Power Supply or Motherboard problem.

Try this if you feel capable to do so take out ALL of the cards ( RAM, Sound, Video etc ) and disconnect all of the connections ( IDE..Sata cables to Hard drive..CDROM - power to HDD..CDROM ) take off everything EXCEPT the 20 /24 pin power connection to the motherboard and the CPU.

Attempt to switch on now.
You should get POST beeps.

If you get the same problem then it could be the Power Supply Unit although the Motherboard is a possibility too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-screen-signal-and-looping-sound-upon-boot.677670/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok i just built this new pc cost me an arm and a leg and every thing runs fine except for the fact that it freezes randomly with looping sound and i cant do ANYTHING except hit reset It freezes maybe or times in about a day of use Im never doing anything specific ill be playing a game looking looping sound. with crash/freezes PC Random through my pc files or browsing the net and just staring at a website Ive swapped the RAM chips about Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound. ive taken the Audigy out and now im using the AC' onboard sound All Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound. my drivers are up to date im on SP for XP and im sure its not a heat issue as ive checked and nothing goes over 'C Yet it still freezes randomly The main parts are XFX GeForce GTX AMD Athlon Venice nm Socket MSI K N Neo Platinum nForce Ultra Socket PCI-Express Western Digital Raptor GB RPM SATA Ultra X-Connect W ATX PSU GeIL GB x MB PC Ultra Platinum CAS Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS THX Sound Card Please post with ideas this is driving me nuts

A:Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound.

Try Running System File Checker

(Insert Your Win XP Disk into your CD-ROM Drive)

Go Start-> Run-> SFC

Then Wait. This will compare all your system files to the original copies on the Disk, and replace Damaged ones.

Sounds like if your computer is just locking up, not auto-restarting, it could be a damaged .DLL File.

Also, how much did you pay for that PSU?

Some Companies rate their PSU's at a temperature of 25 degrees Celcius, and some PSU's drop as low as 380W when at around 40 degrees Celcius internal Temp.

These are temps inside the PSU, not air temps inside the Computer.
Be especially careful with that 7800GTX, Thats one Power-Hungry Card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-pc-crash-freezes-with-looping-sound-74954.html
Relevancy 54.18%

To give you the complete story here I was playing Madden last night when all of a sudden my computer rebooted by itself No warnings or anything just a black screen for a quick moment and then a reboot I thought it was a bit strange and waited for it to boot to see what it had to report but to my surprise it booted up windows got to my desktop and then did the same thing again so I just let it sit there till today Now today I turned it on and it booted up as usual and worked fine for a couple of minutes until I was hit with a bluescreen with the error message x A Several reboots later I managed to get x E So after a bit of googling I figured I d try to remove some of my ram sticks I have x MB and I found at least one of them to be defective because it always seemed to crash with that specific stick Anyway I and Looping boot sound upon screen black had one more x E error caused by the defective ram stick during my ram test after which the computer has completely stopped working Whenever I turn it on I get no screen signal and strangely enough I get a looping sound in my speakers It sounds like a voice saying words although so distorted I cannot tell what I think part of the words is quot system failure quot Also listening to the computer and keeping an eye on the light on my keyboard and mouse it does not indicate that the computer is booting which makes me doubt that this is just down to a defective graphics card I ve tried to google this error but it looks and sounds like it s very very rare so I would be very grateful for any advice here I should mention that I have tried booting with various RAM combinations but they all give the same black screen and looping sound I fear that this computer is officially dead or atleast it s motherboard and that makes me very sad Update I got the computer working by completely removing everything and reconnecting it It worked for - minutes and then rebooted by itself again and now it s all black screen and sound Looping sound upon boot and black screen loop again I Looping sound upon boot and black screen checked the BIOS while it was working and I had something called quot Voice Post report quot enabled note it did not say POST in all caps On the Looping sound upon boot and black screen XP forum I was advised to disconnect everything and check for POST beeps and I ve done that but I m not getting anything except for the loop in the speakers Hardware The complete system is three and a half years old Asus P C Deluxe Canterwood FSB Lite-On DVD CDRW LTC- K- C White NorthQ NQ ATX PSU db Pentium Prescott MHz MB FSB POV XT MB Seagate Barracuda GB SATA xCorsair Value DDR MB although x MB Samsung RAM as well that I got some time last year so I have GB Windows XP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looping-sound-upon-boot-and-black-screen.678705/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello i have a computer with windows xp few details core i ghz gforce gt mb ram ddr gb mhz my computer years old and until now work perfect suddenly when i run a video movies or video games the game is freezing each - minutes for seconds - i try to clean the inside of the computer run antivirus scan low the graphic settings of games and install directx for xp and freeze seconds looping and sound for 10 ! Video the most new graphic driver nothing as helped impotent to say that its not the Video freeze and sound looping for 10 seconds ! video only each few minutes my windows also freeze for something like - seconds i searched in google for similar issue of me then i saw someone who run diagnostic tool this tool is detect the process which take all cpu and leave me with this looping sound i didn't find any of thoose tools someone can please advice me what its could be or how can i check dissolve my problems thanks for everyone which dedicated minuets to read my thread

A:Video freeze and sound looping for 10 seconds !

Hi avi66,

Do you have a spare videocard to test on your computer? If not, you can try purchasing one and test it on your computer to see if the culprit is a faulty videocard. Make sure to keep the receipt just in case you need to return it. You can also try performing a windows check-disk repair and see if this helps out too. Good luck and hope you get your computer issues resolved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-freeze-and-sound-looping-for-10-seconds-558850.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Earlier this year my PC had re-occurring crashed with a black screen and a looping sound which later turned out to be my HDD I then bought a new HDD and everything was going smoothly until recently when I've started to experience similar problems These black screens seem to me to occur randomly Sometimes it happen when I watch a movie sometimes after playing looping Black - sound with screen crash BF for hours and sometimes when the computer is idle I won't be able to do a driver verifier tonight but will get to it tomorrow The same with ram and Black screen with looping sound - crash hdd tests as I have no clean discs at the moment but I will attach the quot jcgriff quot and perfmon OS - Windows bit This is the original OS Full retail Age of all system components some parts are about years old CPU mobo etc Black screen with looping sound - crash GPU and PSU are less than a year old and the HDD is about month old Age of OS installation - month CPU Intel i Video Card Asus GTX MotherBoard Asus p t-SE Power Supply - Corsair HX W

A:Black screen with looping sound - crash

Just a small update, ran the driver verifier test and the HDD test with no errors. Will test the RAM sticks later.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-with-looping-sound-crash-619683.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I'm at the end of my know-how I have sound looping during gaming my computer could handle in the past also my screen freezes eg Enemy territory I have a Elitebook p and a ATI mobility Radeon HD grafix card I installed using the tool from AMD the latest driver for my card I also installed the sound updates from HP But nothing worked I tried to contact HP but there new website won't let me speak to a technician w o a quot read quot from freeze and frame gaming looping Sound during my computer however Sound looping and frame freeze during gaming my computer Sound looping and frame freeze during gaming is not supported yeah its a joke I fear some of my hardware might be broken but I cannot find much info on the web I still got a pickup and repair service for a few months so I'd like to Sound looping and frame freeze during gaming see it fixed I will reinstall windows but I doubt this is the cause Any help is very much appriciated Svenn edit I re nstalled my window only installed winrar and ET and the issue remains when loading the game I use ET cause its 'old' and I know my computer should be able to run it edit This is how I see every game right now http www youtube com watch v bcmG-LiTqLQ this isn't mine just as reference to the quot looping quot

A:Sound looping and frame freeze during gaming

Hello svennd,

Could you help us cover a few bases by following the gaming troubleshooting tutorial from this link?

Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues

This should help get you started in determining the cause(s).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/238608-sound-looping-frame-freeze-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all First off I'm not a computer genious or anything I consider myself freezing, game a shutdown. in Sound and resulting looping above average however But for the past - months I have encountered freezing and sound looping on games I can not just alt tab to get out or CTRL ALT DEL either The only way to get out is to shut down I have looked into if it is only one game but that Sound looping and game freezing, resulting in a shutdown. doesnt seem to be the case It does it with the following games- Call of Duty Battlefield Bad Company Borderlands --------------------------- However it doesnt do it with- World of Warcraft Half life Team fortress --------------------------- The things I have tried to do is Buy new ram - sticks of gb corsair instead of sticks of gb g-skill Reinstall windows - This seemed successful at first but then it started again Repairing windows repairing startup - didnt work at all Downloading latest realtek drivers Downloading latest punkbuster --------------------------------------- The thing that is closest to working is when i turn my volume all the way down on the games This makes them last almost x longer Specs Onboard audio driver EVGA P FTW Motherboard NVIDIA gt Video Card fan started screwing up so I modded it and replaced the old fan with a new one It works pretty well I think Corsair gb ram Maxtor gb Hard Drive Tell me if you need more That is Sound looping and game freezing, resulting in a shutdown. really all I know to say so if you think you could be any help at all please post Thanks So for all of you still having this issue i think its resolved Disabling in-game community service with steam stopped the crashes Don't know why my computer was ticked off with them though I am ssooo happy that this is working Spoke too soon This does make it so i can play for about x as long however does not stop it I have noticed it lasts longer while music isnt playing such as pandora I can live with all this but it can still be annoying If you know a better fix please reply Thanks

A:Sound looping and game freezing, resulting in a shutdown.

Hi,

Please follow these http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708 (they give us information on the likely cause of freezes as well as BSODs)

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sound-looping-and-game-freezing-resulting-in-a-shutdown-526159.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone,
I've built my new computer a week ago and I'm having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA.
When I play games, (League of Legends, Cod4,..), my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound. The monitor says ''Monitor going to sleep''. I've tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about 30 minutes @ 90 degrees C withouth problem. I've done one or two pass in Memtest+ to check my RAM too.
Any thoughts on this? Maybe it is my PSU? I've heard about the NVidia HD audio too.
Here is my rig:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series 750W
CASE: COOLER MASTER HAF 922
MOBO: MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

A:Computer crashing: Black screen and looping sound

Are there any dumps to be uploaded?

Otherwise, uploading everything else-
We'd need you to attach some files to your post. This includes, crash dumps, nfo etc. To get these files, use our thread below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Press Start, in the Search Box type: "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes), press Enter.
* Select the Advanced tab, click on Startup and Recovery Settings.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information headline select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box.
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK till you're out of the dialogue.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249328-computer-crashing-black-screen-looping-sound.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This happens several times a day, most of the times the PC resets, sometimes it freezes with looping sound or I get a BSOD, lately after logging on to win 7 after a BSOD it sometimes says PCI express stopped working.

Things that usually lead to this problem: torrenting (utorrent or torch) will reset after a random time, when I leave it on over night it always resets, I have to use safe mode when torrenting, and even then albeit rarely I have witnessed some resets.

Trying to play Dota 2 (always resets on title screen), does happen in other games like League of Legends (once per match usually), Diablo 3 and Wow (once or twice a day).

Sometimes it will happen as soon as I login to win 7, or while browsing.

I have taken the PC to the store where I bought it to get it fixed and twice they said they tested everything and found nothing wrong with it.

A:BSOD although most of time PC just freezes (looping sound) or resets

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80043be038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cea0165042258e
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 672
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : PCI Express Error
Timestamp : 8/23/2013 17:44:09 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

===============================================================================
Section 0 : PCI Express
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa80043be0b8
Section @ fffffa80043be148
Offset : 272
Length : 208
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Recoverable

Port Type : Root Port
Version : 1.1
Command/Status: 0x0010/0x0407
Device Id :
VenId:DevId : 8086:d138
Class code : 030400
Function No : 0x00
Device No : 0x03
Segment : 0x0000
Primary Bus : 0x00
Second. Bus : 0x00
Slot : 0x0000
Dev. Serial # : 0000000000000000
Express Capability Information @ fffffa80043be17c
Device Caps : 00008021 Role-Based Error Reporting: 1
Device Ctl : 0107 ur FE NF CE
Dev Status : 0003 ur fe NF CE
Root Ctl : 0008 fs nfs cs

AER Information @ fffffa80043be1b8
Uncorrectable Error Status : 00014000 ur ecrc mtlp rof UC ca CTO fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Mask : 00000000 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca cto fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Severity : 00062010 ur ecrc MTLP ROF uc ca cto FCP ptlp sd DLP und
Correctable Error Status : 00002000 ADV rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Correctable Error Mask : 00000000 adv rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Caps & Control : 0000000e ecrcchken ecrcchkcap ecrcgenen ecrcgencap FEP
Header Log : 4a000001 01000004 00180040 00000000
Root Error Command : 00000000 fen nfen cen
Root Error Status : 00000000 MSG# 00 fer nfer fuf mur ur mcr cer
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
VenId:DevId : 8086:d138 means Core Processor PCI Express Root Port 1.

I am guessing it has something to do with the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450.

ITEMVALUEPorta de E/S 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450Porta de E/S 0x000003C0-0x000003DF Intel(R) processor PCI Express Root Port 1 - D138
If you change it to another port, does it do the same thing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302375-bsod-although-most-time-pc-just-freezes-looping-sound-resets.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if you guys could help me on this weird issue that started happening recently with my new system. As from the title, when gaming (so far every game... oblivion, COD2, Fable, Rise of nations, etc) after a while, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes half an hour, the game will freeze, the sound will loop and do a feedback sort of thing then start playing again, usually the performance is downgraded slightly. Rebooting doesn't seem to help much...

I'm not overclocking at all, nor have I been, plus I have never seen the nvidia notificiation for heat so i'm not sure its the video card (drivers 84.21). The soundblaster audio card is rather old, but using the drivers off the creative site. Haven't had problems like this before.

Any suggestions?

A:Game freezing, sound looping, then normal : repeat...

What is your Mobo, cpu,ram, video card, and PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezing-sound-looping-then-normal-repeat.52992/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi and blotchy Looping Recurring - colours Crash sound guys I ve had a problem with this computer since a few months after I got it in September Problems started around January My computer has this rather annoying habit of randomly freezing up The screen freezes any colours on the screen become blotched and distorted any sound that is playing is looped over the previous half a second and the mouse is unmoveable Sometimes after - seconds of this it automatically turns itself off but most of the time I have to do it myself This problem Recurring Crash - Looping sound and blotchy colours occurs at least twice a Recurring Crash - Looping sound and blotchy colours day Sometimes it will happen after the computer has been on for minutes Recurring Crash - Looping sound and blotchy colours sometimes it will happen after hours That said it never seems to crash when its left on its own only when i m manually doing things on it At first I figured it was overheating I also smelt smoke coming from my PSU I have since bought a new PSU which fixed the smokey smell but the problem persists I bought two new fans cleaned all the dust from my gpu fan there was a lot and now its running at around degrees whilst idle but up to when under load CPU peaks around - I tried updating my motherboard bios I though this had fixed it went a day without crashing then it happened again I updated from windows vista to windows completely wiping my hdd didn t fix a thing I ve tried running a memory test discovered no faults My specs are as follows GB RAM Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Nvidia GeForce GT mb ASUS P E Motherboard Windows bit If anyone has -any- tips to help me solve this incredibly annoying problem I would love to hear from you nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black and crashing: sound screen looping Black Computer screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU Computer crashing: Black screen and looping sound I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache nbsp

A:Computer crashing: Black screen and looping sound

moving to windows 7 forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-black-screen-and-looping-sound.1066683/
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a amd x2 64 3600+
big 7600 gt
1 gb ram
asus m2n-e mobo
onboard soundmax hd audio
all games i play coh , graw2 hang with sound looping in the background
i.e. hanging is accompanied by recurring sound .....once only once onrestart microsoft error report indicated that there was some problem with the audio hardware and told to install updates for sound ..... asusual there were no updates available ... i then reduced the sound hardware acceleration in dxdiag from full to standard ......still problem persists ........also for most hangups there is no event recorded in event viewer (how is this possible)
before this my two usb ports have stopped working and i switched the ram positions (think my other two slots are not working properly ).....how to find out whether the problem is related to mobo ,ram ,videocard ,audio.......

anybody please help

A:Comp hangs with sound looping while playing games....

This could be a video driver issue too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-hangs-with-sound-looping-while-playing-games.91219/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I recently built a new desktop computer and after a while a probably started reaccurring at what seems to be times completely random Usually I never have to ask for help with things relating to computers but since multiple brains are better than one and I've been trying to fix this Sound Included] Looping [Logs Freezing Computer & for Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included] weeks I thought I'd try getting help for you guys gals Basically at random the computer will lockup and freeze While it is frozen and not responding to input if any audio was playing bits of sounds continually play in a super slowed distorted manner Also in Event Viewer this error commonly accurs with the freezing but not always Warning DNS Client Events Name resolution for the name data cnn com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Error DHCPv -Client Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included] xE DE E DB The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server Error DHCPv -Client Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address b a af eade ff fe e db on the Network Card with network address xE DE E DB Warning DNS Client Events Name resolution for the name data cnn com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Repeat x Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included]

First update the BIOS settings and check the hardware properly. After checking all these things, scan your computer  with the computer cleaning software and an antivirus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565716/computer-freezing-sound-looping-logs-included/
Relevancy 52.89%

I can play for a fixed amount of Video looping/computer freezing/sound rebooting during games 3D time but after a while my screen freezes sound loops and distorts and sometimes i can alt tab out of this and save it but usually it crashes and I have to reboot I uninstalled Video freezing/sound looping/computer rebooting during 3D games my sound card audigy and I m currently running the onboard sound card realtek This seemed to fix the problem but an hour later the screen froze sound stopped and I saw the blue screen of death for the first time It gave me a log file I d really appreciate if someone helped me fix this problem because its been haunting me for months now and everything I do to fix it won t help Log file is attached By the way I ve been playing World of Warcraft The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xffffffffc xfffff fff dc xfffffadfe af xfffffadfe af A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp nbsp

A:Video freezing/sound looping/computer rebooting during 3D games

here is the link to a previous thread I posted here... the problem hasn't changed and I've tried 10 different drivers, switched to windows x64 os...

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86638.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-freezing-sound-looping-computer-rebooting-during-3d-games.90695/
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright you guys this has been an issue for a while and thank you 0x000124 Stop With Looping, Freezing BSOD Sound Restarting, VERY much for any help I built my PC about - months ago and it seemed to be completely fine I can t remember exactly when this started but it s been going on for a while The problem While playing World of Warcraft in Windows Vista I get random BSOD s that display a stop error and the code x When I play World of Warcraft on the same computer but with Windows XP I ve reformatted this thing so many times it still gets random freezes but the sound loops indefinitely The loop is just like a half second of whatever sound was playing at the time of the freeze It plays over and over sounds kind of like a Freezing With Sound Looping, Restarting, BSOD Stop 0x000124 dance track for lack of better example until I hit the reset button on my computer Now this only happens when I play World of Warcraft I also play Team Fortress regularly and I ve played Fallout for many hours straight with no problems This has occurred ONCE while not playing Freezing With Sound Looping, Restarting, BSOD Stop 0x000124 World of Freezing With Sound Looping, Restarting, BSOD Stop 0x000124 Warcraft I was watching a YouTube video and the same sort of freeze occurred and I had to hard reset my computer I watch YouTube videos often though and it only happened once I m not entirely sure if I had any applications open in the background This freeze while playing World of Warcraft seems to happen completely randomly It can occur after minutes or it can occur after two hours or at any point in between I ve tried opening the minidump file but WndDebug gives me some error about the wrong symbol files being loaded or something If you guys need to see it I can try to attach it somehow This is NOT a problem with overheating Lately I ve been leaving NVIDIA System Monitor open along with ASUS PC Probe II while playing World of Warcraft The last freeze occurred yesterday and both cores in my GPU were under degrees My CPU was at degrees never gets above this even under intense load like that provided by Prime I also stress tested my video card for two hours straight yesterday and it peeked at degrees I ll provide my system specs below I would also like to note that all of the voltages displayed by ASUS PC Probe II were stable This problem ONLY occurs in World of Warcraft with the exception of one time This problem occurs REGULARLY At LEAST once a day I can browse the internet for hours on end watch videos record music along with anything else The system seems completely stable otherwise My PC Motherboard ASUS Striker II Formula PSU Thermaltake Toughpower w Video Card NVIDIA gx Sound Card Onboard sound it s a SoundMAX card that came with the motherboard CPU Intel E RAM GB GB each stick in all DIMMS I can t remember the exact model number but it s Kingston brand and it s on the list of supported RAM for my motherboard The ASUS site is down right now so I can get it to you guys later if you need it I would also like to note that it passes memtest I ran it overnight Hard Drives A seagate and a maxtor SATA Wireless Card D-Link WDA- It s a PCI card NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKED I DON T EVEN USE THE STUPID AI UTILITY THAT CAME WITH THE MOTHERBOARD Just thought I d make that clear And that s about it I ve tried to be as detailed as possible If you have any further questions feel free to ask Thank you guys again for taking the time to help me nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Gday

I just invested in a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card, because my mp3's were getting choppy, more so if I was running a backup or my Anti Virus was scanning.

I uninstalled the onboard sound, installed all of the latest drivers for the card.

BUT MY SOUND IS STILL CHOPPY!!

I am now at a loss as to why this is happening, granted I am not normally awake when my Anti Virus is scanning, but I have also invested in Acronis True Image and Paragon Hard Disk Manager.

Yes I know overkill, but Paragon restores a lot quicker than Acronis, but as I have paid for both programmes. I really don't want to uninstall Acronis.

However this doesn't solve why my mp3's are playing choppy. I thought I would take the pressure off the mobo's onboard sound, and was hopeful the problem would be solved, alas it isn't

A:New Sound Card Sound still choppy

Hi,

Please post details of your operating system (SP) updates etc. Also include AV software make & version & the current version of your sound drivers etc.

When was the last time you complete any of the standard maintenance tasks, defrag & check disk or disk clean etc.

Tasks taken from the bottom link: -

Disk Defragmenter

Disk Cleanup

Some of these will be relevant & some not so!

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/285565-new-sound-card-sound-still-choppy.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello for about a month or so I've been having some trouble with my sound The sound is laggy or choppy occasionally Note this doesn't happen randomly for no Sound Sound Problem: Choppy reason it will most frequently occur when my computer is running something that requires a bit more CPU dedication then normal or when I have a few problems already open For example if I am running a large video file in Windows Media Player MB the video and sound will lag and become choppy for short burst periods I noticed in the video I had of fireworks that it would occur went the fireworks would explode Another occurance would be running my file sharing program Ares while having a few browser pages open possibly loading a website or on Youtube watching a video Also if I'm running a game like World of Warcraft and Alt Tab to open a browser the sound will lag then aswell You may say to not have all my programs open at once but I used to do this before and this sound problem was never an issue so I'm just looking for some help on this Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Sound Problem: Choppy Sound Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nisvcloc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SiSoftware SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII SP c RpcAgentSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsxlive net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - win ini run C C amp C INSTICON EXE O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - no file O - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe quot background O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files W... Read more

A:Sound Problem: Choppy Sound

Honestly you can only run the usual checks to diagnose what the problem is. First I would check Device Manager to see if there are any hardware conflicts, then I would ensure you have the latest drivers for you sound card/device.

Next you need to check if the sound becomes distorted only when your computer has to work hard. Background programs such as a virus scanner or disk defragmenter can slow down your computer enough to interfere with playing sounds so use Task Manager to end any programs that you did not start which are running to see if this solves the problem. If this is the case then it could be a lack of RAM which is causing the problem. I have a similar system to you and used to have a lot of problems before I upgraded my RAM. With what you are running I'd think you'd need about the same as me (2GB).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-problem-choppy-sound-266062.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello for about a month or so I ve been having some trouble with my sound The sound is laggy or choppy occasionally Note this doesn t happen randomly for no reason it will most frequently occur when my computer is running something that requires a bit more CPU dedication then normal or when I have a few problems already open For example if I am running a large video file in Windows Media Player MB the video Sound Choppy Problem: Sound and sound Sound Problem: Choppy Sound will lag and become choppy for short burst Sound Problem: Choppy Sound periods I noticed in the video I had of fireworks that it would occur went the fireworks would explode Another occurance would be running my file sharing program Ares while having a few browser pages open possibly loading a website or Sound Problem: Choppy Sound on Youtube watching a video Also if I m running a game like World of Warcraft and Alt Tab to open a browser the sound will lag then aswell You may say to not have all my programs open at once but I used to do this before and this sound problem was never an issue so I m just looking for some help on this Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nisvcloc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SiSoftware SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII SP c RpcAgentSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsxlive net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - win ini run C C amp C INSTICON EXE O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - no file O - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe quot background O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS ... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I've had computer problems for the past months although I thought I had fixed it until just tonight no message Crash with BSOD black looping sound screen PC delayed to I've tried to play Counter-Strike Global Offensive and within minutes of gameplay the pc crashes to a black screen and I can still hear people on ventrilo for a couple of seconds before the sound loops into a glitchy mess The screen turns black and I have to do a hard reset in order to re-start the PC No BSOD message appears and only sometimes does a log appear when I use the program BlueScreenView Upon restarting PC and reconnecting to my game it took less than minutes each time to crash to a black screen In the past I was plagued with BSOD random black screen crashes similiar to this and a memtest result indicated faulty RAM I replaced my x GB g skill DDR RAM and have not had trouble for the past weeks I have also recently re-formatted my SSD and downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers but the PC still crashes occasionly PC Crash to black screen with delayed sound looping no BSOD message even whilst browsing the web and whilst the PC is idling My temps for my GPU CPU are very stable and are low sitting at about C idle and - at load both are running at stock speed and are not overclocked I ran the program and will include a zip of what is going on and hopefully one of you will be able to help me The GPU is only months old and is still under warranty One last thing to note was there was always a loud ticking noise with my front fan as a bit of the dust mesh guard near the front panel came loose and was hitting the intake fan I was listening to music when i heard a crunching noise and then silence and since then I had a look in BIOS to see that Fan was N A for it's RPM leading me to believe the intake fan is broken Whilst this happened the morning before my main troubles I played for around hours that day with issues and temps were perfectly fine If the fan is somehow causing this it is not because of temperatures because I'm sitting around C playing CS GO on both GPU CPU PC CPU -i - MOBO -P Z V-LX GPU - Gainward GTX GB RAM - x GB G skill mhz DDR PSU - W Enermax Bronze SSD Boot -Corsair Force III GB HDD - Samsung TB RPM HDD - Hitachi TB RPM

A:PC Crash to black screen with delayed sound looping no BSOD message

0x116 errors are mostly caused by graphics drivers or a failing graphics card, I suggest running Furmark by following these instructions to rule out the hardware possibility.

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Run it for around 30 minutes.

Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329716-pc-crash-black-screen-delayed-sound-looping-no-bsod-message.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Recently my sound is choppy whenever I play mp3's or watch videos. The choppiness isn't always there. It sometimes happens for like 5 min or 1 hr then goes away for a while. I tried testing it out to see if it was my speakers crapping out so I used headphones and the sound was still choppy. It all started on saturday when I deleted 5 gigs or so of video files. I tried defragging to see if it would help (A long shot I kno...but I figured I might as well since I havn't defragged in a year) but it didn't. The only thing I can think of that I did recently that affected anything related to sound was that I installed the new CCCP (the codec pack) on my comp. But that was a week before I experianced the sound problems...Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-choppy.59469/
Relevancy 52.46%

i had this problem about 6 months ago, no matter what you tried to watch anything online or put in a dvd or try to listen to a cd the sound becomes very choppy and the video becomes very choppy the last time this happened i reformated my computer, well i reformated my computer and that is what caused the problem this time, so i tried it agian and its still doin the same thing, so i changed out the sound card with a new one and it does the same thing, but if you save a song with wmp it plays just fine, so please help i have know clue what to dp

A:choppy sound

demodallas,

What is the make/model of your PC or motherboard? Approx how old is your PC? What version of Windows are you running (including service pack)? What make/model of video hardware do you have? What kind of internet service are you using (dial-up, cable, DSL. other)? Are you using wired or wireless connection? Are you using a USB network adapter? What player are you using when you get the choppy playback? Besides the choppy video and/or audio, is your PC running much slower than normal? Do you have any Internet security, Antivirus or firewall software installed and running? If so, what is the product/version?

Sorry about all the questions but there are dozens of reasons why you could be having this problem. With more details about your hardware, OS and software - we can better diagnose and hopefully solve this problem.

- John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-sound-251567.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Audio playback on my HP2133 laptop is very choppy and sounds awful with speakers and headphones.  Windows Vista 32 bit.  It has SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD audio and I've run the Microsoft FixIt.AudioPlayback - it didn't find any problems.  Please advise.

A:Choppy Sound

Playback of everything...online and offline?

You might look at possibly minizing the programs and add-ons which you currently have installed...reducing the load on the CPU.

Lagging/choppiness used to be quite common on older systems using integrated auido...just did not have the power required.  The circumvention for desktops was to just install a PCI audio card.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516287/choppy-sound/
Relevancy 52.46%

im currently using windows 7 pro on a intel dual core 3.0ghz cpu on a gigabyte g41 mobo with 2gb ddr 3 memory......but everytime i play a mp3 or even a mp3 cd or audio disk then the songs sound as if it gets bit slower with like glitches and plays choppy, and i tried windows media player as well as a creative player , no difrence....the cpu usage stays below 10% when playing a song and temps are about 22 for each core..no overclocking has been done and its a new system about a week old..any advice?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-pro-and-choppy-sound-469108.html
Relevancy 52.46%

recently upgraded of, in profile, and using audigy 2 zs sound card, PCI and I get really choppy staticy sound when I run games with iTunes, any idea

Choppyness is generally caused by lack of processing power. (or too many programs running at once.)

Other times is it caused by not so great codecs.

I'd start by limiting the amount of programs running. Use mike lin's start up editor. (FREE) - just google it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-sound.94214/
Relevancy 52.46%

My friend has a Win XP MCE laptop and his sound is incredibly choppy. Its laggy and hangs and then just jumps all around. I checked the computer useage tab and WMP is taking up nearly 17,000kb. Is this normal? If its not, what could be taking up the memory and causing the lagging?

Thanks

A:Sound Choppy

You want to look especially at item 6 in this list, but answer the others as well as you can >>

PERFORMANCE QUESTIONS:

0 > when did the problem seem to be begin?
1 > is it very slow to boot up?
2 > do programs open slowly?
3 > does the same behavior occur both on and off the internet. Or with no connection at all?
4 > does it matter how long the system has been on, and does a restart improve things?

Slow performance issues can often be due to overheating, so if the system is faster after it has been shutdown for a while and then restarted -- that would be especially suspect. To check for possible problems here, shutdown, open the case and blow out any accumulated dust. Then turn it
on and check to see that the fan is working. Sometimes it helps to physically clean the fan.

If a laptop, check to see that the vent is clear of dust and verify the fan is working. Temps and fan speed can usually be monitored with SpeedFan (except on Dell desktops), a free utility.

5 > if you do a ctrl-alt-del, do any processes show excess cpu usage, other than System Idle Process?

6 > If you open the Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc) and select the entry for IDE ATA/Atapi and select the Primary IDE > Advanced Settings, does it say the "current transfer mode" is Ultra DMA or PIO?

If it says PIO or even just DMA (rather than “ULTRA” DMA, first ensure "Use DMA if Available” is selected, then select the driver tab and uninstall the driver and reboot. Then check again.

Alternately you can run the script on this page >> http://winhlp.com/node/10

*note that the above will not apply to RAID drive configurations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-choppy.837328/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Everyone,

I am having a wierd problem, a few days ago I left the kids go onto their fav Nickjr

site after that the machine now is experiencing choppy sounds, being either

the windows start up sounds or anything I play for at least 13 seconds into a mp3

file for instance and the choppyness is in time with the flashing hdd acess light

i tried already re-installing the motherboard intergrated sound drivers but to no

avail....anyone have any other ideas to try ??

I have WMP 10.0 installed, also the current version of Winamp and it does the same

whatever player I use...

All help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks Again

Sincerely

Tu

A:Sound Choppy

Did you reinstall the same driver or did you go out to the manufacturers website and download the latest one? If you just reinstalled, try getting a newer one on the website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-choppy.524241/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had to install a new hard drive on my computer, i have a windows 7 pro 64bit on an intel board. every since i upgraded my hard drive video's from the web are choppy. it will play then skip a few seconds...i tried to upgrade my sound drivers but there's no updates. granted the board i have isn't the greatest but it works lol..i attached my specs from the nero tool any suggestions would greatly appreciated

What is the make and model# of your computer? Or if it is a custom build, what is the make and model # of your Intel motherboard?
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Device Manager do you have any devices with Yellow marks? If so, these devices need to have drivers installed. Go to the computer or motherboard manufacturers support/download drivers and type in your make and model# and download the Chipset Driver, Audio driver and Video driver for your computer.
Afterward go to Start/Search and type dxdiag and press enter and post the results here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-sound-642448.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When playing a dvd the sound gets choppy. The video remains fine. This is happening on 2 machines identical in hardware but one is running xp and the other is me.
Using cyberlink dvd as a decoder. It happens when running in cyberkink or watching it on windows media player.
The hardware is as follows:
PC Chipps Motherboard
On board sound with AC'97 Codec
On board video 32MB SiS730S
AMD AThlon 1GHZ
AMR Modem
On board LAN SiS900
Lite-on DVD
Lite-on CDRW
40 Gig Hard Dive WD

Does any one know of any issues with CyberLink Power DVD Version 2.5. I think it is 2.5. I know it is 2.something not sure about the .5. I am not at either machine.??
Any Help???
Thanks!

A:DVD sound is choppy

Go into the sound properties and lower the audio sampling rate and the hardware acceleration...

that should smooth out the DVD sound quality!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-sound-is-choppy.77187/
Relevancy 52.46%

My sound was working fine, then I woke up one morning and when I tried to play MP3's in Winamp, at random moments the sound would become choppy. It sounded like glitch or a plug wasn't in right, but I check and reinserted plugs back into their correct outlets.

I have a Crystal Sound Card and have updated the drivers and everything. I have no clue what else I could do to fix it.

Relevancy 52.46%

I've got windows XP 768mb of ram a AMD XP 1900 with a lite-on 52x cd-drive, when i play a mp3 or something like that from the harddrive the sound is fine, when i play a cd from the lite-on it is choppy, also, when i do a cd to cd copy it takes me 15 mins, when i burn a cd off my hard drive it takes 3.5 mins, what's the problem??? thank you, Jamie

A:Choppy sound

Hi HighHeat,

Welcome to TSG

It's not unusual for disk-to-disk
to take 15 minutes. The hard drive
to disk is always fastest. This
is because the buffers on the CD-Rom
are not as big.

As to the playing of CD music, have
you gotten the most recent drivers
for the CD-rom ? Updated Sound card
drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound.73340/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was watching a streaming video on IE9. Now I closed all IE9 windows, but still sound of video keeps playing ? Why is that ? Why does sound keep playing eventhough I have closed all windows ? I checked task manager and I dont see any IE application open. I opened the IE9 again. I stopped sound from playing on video because sound from earlier window(which has been closed) is still playing. Then I checked processes in task manager and I see an additional iexplore.exe process there. I closed all processes and then sound stopped playing. But to stop sound from playing, I had to end all processes.

Whats this going on ? Is this an issue with IE9 ? Why does a process does not end when application is closed ? Is a process independent of application ? Does an application have more than one process ?
Is there a way to figure out which process is playing sound ?

Thanks

A:IE9 is closed but sound still keeps playing

Your profile shows XP so if you have IE9, please update to your new OS. If you minimize, of course playing continues. If you're streaming, play should stop, however if you've downloaded and are actually using your built in "jukebox", then of course music would continue. Go to an online streaming radio station and if the problem still occurs, post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-is-closed-but-sound-still-keeps-playing-642722.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi A couple of days ago my HP Pavilion g - cl laptop running Windows started looping at startup I shot a brief video showing a few loops and posted it on YouTube https www youtube com watch v gcXoueZdVwo amp feature youtu be Because of the looping I am unable to input any commands through my keyboard or mouse once the looping starts So for example I cannot get to Control Panel at Looping Startup Computer Laptop I was however able to click on Escape during a startup and run a hardware diagnostic No hardware problems were found Sometimes after looping for quite a while the computer freezes up It stops looping but then won't let me do anything else either This problem does NOT seem the same as the quot Automatic Repair quot issue I have seen described on YouTube By the way I also have Windows running on a desktop computer if that will help with solving my problem I'm new to Windows so any suggestions will be greatly welcomed Thanks Bill

A:Laptop Computer Looping at Startup

I found an HP Consumer Support article that explained how to do a system restore on an HP computer when the keyboard and mouse are not available for inputting data. I did the restore, and that seems to have solved the problem. Time will tell.

If anyone has any ideas what might have caused the problem and/or how to avoid it from happening again, chime in.

Bill

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45151-laptop-computer-looping-startup.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This is my friends laptop it s a Toshiba satellite L b-S Model PSLC U- that ran windows Vista then formatted it after he tried Ubuntu and didn t like it Then I installed XP on it for him It still had random issues like programs needing older problem, boot Laptop looping help! drivers that still ran at bit He wanted to change his user password for windows and did so then forgot his new password so he went into safe mode to bypass and just as an added precaution he Laptop boot looping problem, help! set up a password for for the utility manager then logged in He then remembered the password to the utility manager and windows then he turned the comptuer off and didn t know how to get rid of the utility password so he reset the settings to default this is ware we are now it asks me if i want to Laptop boot looping problem, help! start in safe mode when i say yes to any of the five options it flashes an error message for a split second then turns it s self off and resumes the endless loop I was able to catch the error screen as it appears for a split second using the video on my camera it reads quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error sc- quot and it cuts off Any ideas nbsp

A:Laptop boot looping problem, help!

Trying to reinstall windows only ends up with the same error, though it stays on screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-boot-looping-problem-help.1015509/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello to BC community This is my first topic - sorry for my english and thanks in advance for any help A friend of mine brought me his laptop for repair I have Repair HP laptop in looping Startup keeps some experience with many different PC issues and usually I find solutions but this one seems to behave strange Searching online I've noticed that few persons had same problem and they did fix it using FRST tool from BC But first thing first - HP laptop - OS - Win Ultimate En - PC keeps on going to Startup Repair no metter what I am trying Safe mode follows HP laptop keeps looping in Startup Repair to same Any command in Command Prompt such as sfc or chkdsk gives a message that it could not be performed because of repair pending - The only details are given after Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically and these details are not good enough to understand Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptFile OS Version Locale ID I said earlier that I read some people were using FRST so I captured a log file which I attached here It did not seem for me it was any malware problems in the log and I attempt a MBR fix and registry roll-off with my Fixlist txt the result of it - Fixlog txt is also attached I really hope I did no more damage to the PC but it is still in the Startup Repair dead loop I would appreciate any help preventing full PC reinstall I have no problem connecting the HDD to another computer and take backup of files but since the PC is not my own I could miss valuable information to backup Any suggestions

A:HP laptop keeps looping in Startup Repair

Hello, and Welcome

At a command prompt type the following and then try chkdsk or sfc /scannow.

DISM /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562099/hp-laptop-keeps-looping-in-startup-repair/
Relevancy 52.03%

Good Day my laptop is driving me quot LOOPY quot and your assistance would be greatly appreciated I have a Toshiba A Satellite Laptop Upon start-up all it does it quot LOOP quot to the quot Laptop upon LOOPING START-UP Toshiba Sign-In Screen quot and does not proceed to my desktop Unfortunately yesterday when I started my system NORTON indicated Toshiba Laptop LOOPING upon START-UP that it had quot Toshiba Laptop LOOPING upon START-UP Quarantined quot a MALAWARE Virus and Trojan Horse Could this be the cause of the quot LOOPING quot start-up problem If so how can I resolve this problem I am currently using another PC to access the Internet and use this forum I have attempted to press F during the quot BOOTING quot process to attempt a quot SAFE MODE quot start-up but it just quot LOOPS quot from there too I don't have the original XP Program as the Laptop came pre-loaded with it All I have are the quot Recovery Discs quot that came with the Laptop Any HELP will be so appreciated as this problem is driving me quot LOOPY quot Thanks in advance Rob

A:Toshiba Laptop LOOPING upon START-UP

Good Day, my laptop is driving me "LOOPY" and your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! I have a Toshiba 100A Satellite Laptop. Upon start-up all it does it "LOOP" to the "Sign-In Screen" and does not proceed to my desktop. Unfortunately, yesterday when I started my system, NORTON indicated that it had "Quarantined" a MALAWARE Virus and Trojan Horse. Could this be the cause of the "LOOPING" start-up problem?? If so, how can I resolve this problem?? I am currently using another PC to access the Internet and use this forum. I have attempted to press F8 during the "BOOTING" process to attempt a "SAFE MODE" start-up but it just "LOOPS" from there too. I don't have the original XP Program as the Laptop came pre-loaded with it. All I have are the "2 Recovery Discs" that came with the Laptop. Any HELP will be so appreciated as this problem is driving me "LOOPY". Thanks in advance Rob

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-laptop-looping-upon-start-up-348286.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For as Sound Choppy Plays long as I can remember my sound card would play choppy as associated with a system low on resources Not all of the time When my MSN Sound Plays Choppy sign on screen plays the intro during modem initialization That was the only time I would hear it I recently purchased Grand Theft Auto III and experienced very slow frame rates when radio and d sound would play Incidently that was with the on-board sound that came with my MSI Sound Plays Choppy MOBO VIA or something I then purchased in light of the problems I was having with GTA III a Phillips hardware Acc sound card Still no joy Very slow play and still the same pestering sound chopping during different times I checked for patches and dowloaded the latest WINXP drivers Ran DXDIAG all tests passed Suspected a IRQ sharing problem I did notice I m sharing IRQ with my USB Universal Host Contoller IRQ Assignments Below IRQ System timer OK IRQ PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Zoom V PCI Voice Faxmodem OK IRQ Standard floppy disk controller OK IRQ System CMOS real time clock OK IRQ VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller OK IRQ VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller OK IRQ PSC PCI Audio Device OK IRQ NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model Model Pro OK IRQ Microsoft PS Mouse OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ Primary IDE Channel OK IRQ Secondary IDE Channel OK Not sure what else to try any help would be appreciated Below is my system Thankyou WINXP Home AMD g T-Bird MSI K Turbo Onboard Sound ram PC Nvidia RIVA TNT Model meg video card IDE Primary Master Quantum Fireball g Slv Maxtor g IDE Secondary CD-r rw x x Liteon x cdrom PCI Zoom V V F D Modem Phillips PSC PCI Sound Card Sonic Edge nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

do a clean install it has been cleared of all infections for months now but I still can not get the sound back to quot normal quot I have tried a number of walk throughs but still no good I attempted to post this earlier but it failed and not about to post all the details again to have it fail and not save what i had typed so I will post what it was infected with and leave it at that and woek on the files infected and post it later for now I am not going through the choppy should sound since i infection is whole thing in case I get another error about posting infected with win crypt-hef drp win trojan-gen vbs malware-gen one file infected was this which I thought was the reason why the sound was damaged but I have done what i can with that and it didnt seem to help system volume information restore d ca- - F -B -CE E F RP I have gone through the step of turning off system sound is choppy since infection should i restore and then turning it back on and also removed sound from device emanager and rebooted to reinstall for back up files and that doesnt help I have taken the laptop apart and cleaned out the inside of the laptop and checked for bad circuits but nothing appears to be fried on board diagnostics indicate that the sound is working fine I have reinstalled the driver for the sound which is sigmatel and I now have as many of my files copied if I need to do a clean install I will which I am thinking may be my best chance at it getting as close to normal as i will possibly get and detemine if it is an issue with the onboard sound card or a software or driver related issue not an incompatible issue as it was working fine for years it began after the computer virus scan completed and moved the infected files to the virus chest hasnt worked right since any input thanks in advance

A:sound is choppy since infection should i

Hello and welcome. system volume information]_restore this is where the Restore points are kepy. That volume is the type likes a book would be a volume of information. Malware can be there as found and you removed it when you emptied it.Let's do 2 scans and be sure your clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.Click the green button.Read the End User License Agreement and check the box: Check .Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Check Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)Click the Start button.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.When the scan completes, push Push , and save t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358966/sound-is-choppy-since-infection-should-i/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I m running XP SP on a Toshiba A Satellite laptop and several months ago I started encountering a problem with problem sound Choppy choppy sound The sound was distorted and choppy during Windows startup in every one of my media players sound video etc and for all the little sounds that Windows makes when you execute an action opening a folder responding to a popup message etc I found this solution to another user s question which initially worked Originally Posted by cmw It sounds to me like your hard drive is stuck in PIO mode and not DMA go to quot Start quot gt gt quot Run Choppy sound problem quot type in devmgmt msc look for IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers double click then double click on quot Primary IDE Adapter quot go to the advanced tab and look at the quot Current Transfer Mode quot if it says PIO then that is your problem To fix it go to the quot Driver quot tab and hit uninstall then reboot and Windows will reinstall it with the proper settings Click to expand The problem Choppy sound problem is that every few days the problem reappears If I go through the uninstall process again it does fix the problem--but how can I fix it permanently It s really annoying to have to do this whole uninstall thing every few days Thanks in advance for any ideas nbsp

A:Choppy sound problem

I should mention that I think there is an underlying ATAPI problem. When I checked the event viewer (eventvwr.msc) I found that there were multiple ATAPI errors:

"The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period."

I'm not sure how to fix this, but I assume it is the root of the problem.

Help!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound-problem.642849/
Relevancy 51.6%

I started getting very choppy internet sound (I hadn't made any changes to my computer, that I can think of). Any sound played using software other than internet explorer or firefox will work fine (i.e. winamp, or windows media player). I tried unistalling/reinstalling adobe flash player and this does not work (see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/are-you-having-problems-with-internet-explorer/d86858ac-0822-415a-9c3a-0469c6f8f08e). I am running winXP professional 32 bit. I don't use Firefox, but decided to install this web browser to see if I had the same issue (which I do).

Anyone have a fix for this?

A:Choppy Internet Sound

Hi -
What version of Flash Player do you have installed. There was a recent update and these are called "current" versions -
Internet Explorer - Version =11.3.300.257
Firefox / Opera - Version =11.3.300.262

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459494/choppy-internet-sound/
Relevancy 51.6%

Recently I'd been cleaning out my computer, and during that time i plugged in some extra RAM. When I turned the system on, the heatsink was makin a odd choppy sound, although I assured that everything was plugged in and situated correctly. It makes the sound for about a minute and a half, then it stops and runs perfectly normal. Any ideas or suggestions on how to make it stop...it only does this during the boot sequence.

A:Fan/Heatsink: Choppy Sound

Open up the case and check the fan - there may be something rubbing against the fan or it may not be seated properly. You can leave the side cover off to watch the fan. Also monitor the temp with Speedfan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Whenever adding memory its always a good idea to test it thoroughly: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-heatsink-choppy-sound.270965/
Relevancy 51.6%

We recently started to learn how to use the program called Flash from Macromedia. When we would play the sound back we noticed that it always sounded ‘choppy’. Kind of like it was being played through a fan. We seem to be the only ones with this problem using Flash. We have talked to many other people on thier forum and no one else has ever heard of this happening. We thought at first that it was our sound card, but we have tried three other sound cards, and we still heard the choppy sound. Outside of the program the sound sounds fine. It happens to most wav files and about 75% of all Mp3 files. Other than a sound card, what else could cause a sound problem with a computer ? We are running Win98, IE 5.0, on a 400 Mhz. PII with 256 of RAM. Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone I ve been trying all week to record a vid for youtube I m using pinnacle and headset hooked up to soundblaster Audigy and USB webcam I thought my problems might have something to Pinnacle sound Choppy in do with the fact that the webcam Choppy sound in Pinnacle captures sound as well as video but I believe that nearly all of them do Choppy sound in Pinnacle anyway The audio IS capturing from my headset not the cam All settings seem to be right I ve tried lowering the quality to nothing in Pinnacle but no joy I ve tried MJPEG and MPEG the only options available in Pinnacle but as soon as I capture the frames start dropping like crazy On playback I sound like an Alien Just to summarize the system Compaq Evo D D Pentium ghz gb RAM gigabyte hard drive gig USB external Now I have a pinnacle capture card with two firewire ports but I don t see any audio in or anything On paper this should work but it s been messing up on me all week Any help much appreciated as always Cheers Tony nbsp

A:Choppy sound in Pinnacle

Still getting nowhere

Hi,

I'm now trying to capture on a P4 2.6ghz machine with an admittedly lowly 512mb. RAM, 100 gig drive, and I have the very same problems. Been all over google, tried everything, nothing works. For years I've been capturing video from VCR / Camcorder, never a dropped frame.

Trying to capture from webcam - both with and without sound - the dropped frames amount to 100 in 4 seconds! It's the very same in the software for the webcam. Anyone got any good ideas?

thanks,

Tony

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-sound-in-pinnacle.130403/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I ll try to narrow down the possibilities as much as possible Ok whenever I play DVD or MPEG SVCD movies the sound is choppy yet the picture remains mostly flawless I am using cyberlink powerdvd by the way and windows xp home System AMD ghz thunderbird mb sdram geforce mb pci thanks to hewlett packard some generic dvd drive i bought at circuit city if it s relevant i ll dig up the name HP cdrw and on board sound and gig hard drive Don t know if all this info would be needed but i m proud of my puter hehe Ok so far I ve tried downloading patches choppy and MPEG sound DVD's from powerdvd website new drivers for video card going to control panel sounds amp audiodevices audio advanced performance and fooled around with the different DVD's and MPEG sound choppy levels of hardware acceleration and sample rate conversion quality When playing with the sample rate and hardware acceleration no noticeable change happened I m about to try playing a svcd through my cd drive doubt it will change but i ll give it a whirl and let people respond if they want peace and thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My computer has started acting verry sluggish. When I run Media Player (Ver 10) or try to play a game my computer starts freezing up and the sound gets choppy. Anyone know how to fix this? All drivers are up to date per compaq website.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Compaq
System Model Presario 6019WM
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1594 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Compaq 686Y2 v3.04, 7/29/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 256.50 MB
Available Physical Memory 75.38 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1,001.64 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:Choppy Sound and freezes

look through these

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...layer/faq.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-sound-and-freezes-91570.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My sound is choppy while listening to DVD's and CD's. If I copy the DVD or CD to my computer and then play it the sound work just fine. Both CD and DVD games work on my CD/DVD player. I think that the problem is either with my CD/DVD player or my sound card, but I don't want to go out and buy any new hardware until I know what the problem is. I use Windows XP and the 'Sound, video and game controllers' devices that are listed in Device Manager are: Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device, Ralted AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controller, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Control Devices, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Video Codecs. If any further information would help please tell me. Thanks

A:Sound Is Choppy While Listening To Dvd's And Cd's

how much memory does your system have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33342/sound-is-choppy-while-listening-to-dvds-and-cds/
Relevancy 51.6%

Just bought a laptop (HP dv9045) of rather good specs, but I have a choppy qualilty to my sound when watching videos or listening to mp3's. I've tried different programs but the problem remains. I've the latest driver for my mobo, and my soundcard (integrated).

I've searched the web and it seems I'm not alone with having problems with sound in vista but haven't found a solution. Please help if you can, I'm going abroad for this semester in five days and have to know whether i have to return the laptop to the seller!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-sound-in-vista.84140/
Relevancy 51.6%

for some reason the sound is kind of choppy when i'm listening to cds, if i'm listening to a .mp3 or a .wav file or playing a game the sound if fine but as soon as i put a cd in it gets bad. Thank you, Jamie

A:Sound choppy when listening to cds

What speed is your CD Rom?
Tell us a bit about your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-choppy-when-listening-to-cds-317.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
When I talk to friends or play guitar (through line-in) over skype (and other chat services) my sound gets extremely choppy and it's impossible to hear on their end. The only thing that comes out of the speakers on their end is: CHK-CHK-CHK-CHK-CHK-CHK.
I've had this problem since I upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 64-bit. My sound works fine on the other side, this issue only comes when I use a microphone of some sort.
What's going on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound-mic-line-in.1008097/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, if any of u have kazaa lite, and downloaded the final fight between neo vs smith, file is called "mo91694.asf", and the sound in it is choppy, i dled it 2 times, still choppy. Is it my software/hardware? Is it the file? Is there a way 2 fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound-neo-vs-smith.181294/
Relevancy 51.6%

When using basically anything that uses audio video applications as diverse as Oblivion Madden and Windows Media player I for some reason have choppy performance sometimes For example when I am in a big open area in Elder Scrolls Oblivion the game is extremely choppy Yet when I am in Video/sound Choppy a small cave I see no performance issues I used to be able to play on pretty high levels of detail but now i have to put it at a very low res to even play it at all Basically it seems to happen during times Choppy Video/sound of high stress on the computer and loading times In Madden its almost specifically just during loading times but also will just occur randomly and may last for over a minute In Windows Media its just small little blips that are a nuisance when watching movies and such Furthermore just in general Choppy Video/sound the computer just seems to be running slower in merely opening files and starting the computer up I dont know if these things are related but the choppiness all appears relatively similar I updated the drivers and such and direct X One thing to note is that taking the dead battery out of my computer helped what I thought was a similar problem to these Anytime that I would type the computer would just randomly freeze up for a milisecond or whatever and skip over my keystrokes I took the dead bat out and that solved it Would maybe getting a new battery help what I m dealing with now Other than that expensive solution I m out of solutions I have a HP zd lap top with XP with a radeon x MB mobile graphics card ghz GB Ram Service Pack Thanks for any help I will check back frequently if more info is needed

A:Choppy Video/sound

It sounds like something is chewing up your RAM or CPU, slowing your system down. Check out this link for some general troubleshooting ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77489/choppy-videosound/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I am really frustrated . In every music and sound on my computer (be it a youtube or game or song), every cca. 10 seconds the sound breaks off. Like some interference, but I really have no idea what is causing it. I really tried everything. Change the operating system, change the sound card, sound drivers, video drivers, chipset drivers, I deactivated almost all running tasks, and still it is here . It's interesting thing, because it happens mostly when I do type, or navigate trough folders... etc. etc. For example, I downloaded Nintendo 64 emulator and the game Banjo Kazooie. Sound is choppy only when I jump with character or do something "complex". When I leave it just standing, sound is o.k. What is it? Is there any solution to this? What has failed? Please answer, thanks very much!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

The sound quality on cd and dvd playback is choppy at best. Originally thought it was my memory (which was 80 - 90% of the hard drive). But after clearing memory space, defraging and scanning with Malwarebytes nothing has changed. My computer is running a lot faster but the sound quality is the same. I even used different players thinking it was an issue with Windows Media Player to no avail.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound is choppy on CD and DVD playback

First open your device Manager and uninstall your audio driver and reboot.Type devmgmt.msc in your run box this will open device manager find your audio device right click it then uninstall. Reboot your machine. Try this program to get an update for your audio driver. DriverMax - free driver download program for Windows XP & VistaYou need to register the program in the link above and you get two free drivers in a 24 hour period. Also take a look at the links below. Tips for fixing common sound problems http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...und-in-windows Please post the log created by the program in the link below. Unknown Device Identifier - Freeware Download Hit start button at lower left hand corner of the screen.Then in the run box type services.msc. Look for windows audio/anything to do with audio and make sure the startup type is set to automatic. To do this,right click selected service select properties then change the startup type to automatic then left click apply.You will need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456690/sound-is-choppy-on-cd-and-dvd-playback/
Relevancy 51.6%

After downloading something from limewire my computer is usually slow and choppy but as soon as I restart my comp its back to normal. After this time throw it has not gone back to normal ive uninstalled limewire ive fun avg free comp scan ive gone to windows web site and downloaded all the new updates. Nothings worked any suggestions or do I have to get a new hard drive? I have a Gateway laptop running windows xp.
Thanks for the help

Joe

A:Choppy Video And Sound

Hello Joe,

Do you know the specs of the system?
Has this problem just started happening or has it been ongoing?
What security products do you use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164637/choppy-video-and-sound/
Relevancy 51.6%

This thread was started in HERE

Hey cotk69, im from Chile, i see that you had the same problem that im having right now, i know your post is very old but hope you can help me whit mine problem. I have the same computer(compaq serie 5000) and the problem is the same to.
"My computer has started acting verry sluggish. When I run Media Player (Ver 10) or try to play a game my computer starts freezing up and the sound gets choppy".>(your own words)

So place, if u can tell me how did u fix your computer and what can i do to fix mine i could be very thankful.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choppy-sound-and-freezes-new-213218.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Over the past several weeks I've noticed sluggish and choopy sound paly back when listening to mp3's, videos, pandora and/or youtube. I tried the Dell website and still can't figure out what I need to fix the issue. I've ran the following:

- registery cleanup with regcure
- defrag
- c drive clean up
- super anti spyware
- malwarebytes

Please, help cause I just can't seem to find out what the issue may be and don't want to download any unnecessary files that will only harm or not correct the issue. Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Acer Aspire One running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. It has run with no problems for almost two years, initially with Starter and then Home Premium, with no problems. About three months after I have installed Ultimate, the sound has become choppy and lags, at times distorted, no matter the source: disk file, internet site, CD, and no matter the program I use to play it: WMP, Sound Forge, Quicktime etc.

I have re-installed the Realtek Driver, no improvement, I have un-installed the disk drive and re-booted, no improvement. I tried an external sound card, Behringer, no improvement. I will try removing the updates but I doubt that this will do.

Regards, denislouisb

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello here is my problem, hopefully you guys could assist me.

Currently I have my computer set to where when I close the laptop, its not supposed to do anything like turn off or go to sleep, yet when I close it while I'm playing music, the music will play for a minute then stop and start again and continue to skip again and again repeating this process as if it were a really bad cd. The problem persists until the second I open it back up again, at which point it starts playing again. Again, it is not asleep or in hibernation.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what may be the cause or fix?

A:How do I keep the sound playing while laptops closed

Did you set a certain time for a CD drive to switch off?
At least the hard disk can do this without going to sleep or hibernation,
check your power plan,go to the advance settings,
choose the options that apply the time for the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/154898-how-do-i-keep-sound-playing-while-laptops-closed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone I'm typing this from my blackberry so please excuse any typing errors etc This is currently my only access to the internet Startup won't boot. Repair keeps looping. Laptop so if possible please avoid from suggesting download links etc for certain programs and whatnot as I'm rather limited with what I can do My problem recently my laptop got a virus not the first time I'm a download junkie I bring it upon myself The other night it all froze up so I had to force it into shutdown holding Laptop won't boot. Startup Repair keeps looping. the power key Upon trying to reboot it goes straight to the Startup Repair menu Yes I know there is a guide about how it works but after reading it I'm still confused I've had a similar problem before involving a crash dump bluescreen error but it somehow fixed itself Anyway During Startup Repair it finds no apparent way of dealing with the unknown problem I'm then of course given the options of command prompt system restore windows memory diagnostics etc etc None of the options are helping System restore - I have no system restore points to allocate Full Pc restore - I have data I don't have backed up properly so I'd rather not get it put into factory settings Memory diagnostics - I run the test s and all it does is reboot and go back to Startup Repair after finding no apparent errors Command prompt - I'm not a whizz with it so I'm not sure if any commands would help CHKDSK certainly isn't doing anything to help I don't have a Vista OS disc All I have iis the following - HP Pavilion DV running on Vista GB RAM GB HDD practically full this is what in trying to fix - Elements External Hard Drive TB completely clean - 'HP Recovery Discs amp ' these came with it It's a year old laptop I've tried booting with either in the drive to see if they'd work as a Vista OS disc but the system seems to ignore their presence although it does make the usual 'disk found' noises and whirs inside - this Blackberry I'm typing from - A few USB sticks and memory cards lying about - A tower unit from my desktop PC but I have no monitor to hook it up with Any help is appreciated I just want to be able to access my files so I can at least backup what I can if a complete format is needed Thanks and sorry for being a noob I can take pics of stuff from my phone and upload where necessary

A:Laptop won't boot. Startup Repair keeps looping.

Full Pc restore - I have data I don't have backed up properly so I'd rather not get it put into factory settingsYou can go to friend, download a Linux Live ISO, burn it on cd, boot it on your laptop and transfer all important data to pendrives, external harddisks etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332790/laptop-wont-boot-startup-repair-keeps-looping/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All Have a Compaq Presario C NR Laptop that is stuck in a boot loop I have pulled the hard drive and scanned for malware and Windows boot on looping Compaq Laptop XP virus and checked for disk errors using chkdsk r on another machine I used the windows debug tool to read the minidump and these are the results Bugcheck Analysis BAD POOL CALLER c Windows XP boot looping on Compaq Laptop The Windows XP boot looping on Compaq Laptop current thread is making a bad pool request Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation etc Arguments Arg Attempt to free a virtual address which was never in any pool Arg e Address being freed Arg Arg Debugging Details ------------------ FAULTING IP nt CmpFree cd d pop ebp BUGCHECK STR xc CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID COMMON SYSTEM FAULT PROCESS NAME logonui exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from d to f cc STACK TEXT b e d bc d c e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b e d fc a d e e f e nt MiFreePoolPages x b b e da c cd e b e daa nt ExFreePoolWithTag x b b e da c f e nt CmpFree x b e daa cd e beb c nt HvpRecoverData x ec b e daf e e beb c nt HvMapHive x b e db c f e beb nt HvInitializeHive x b e db c b b e dbb nt CmpInitializeHive x b e dbd b b e dd b e dc nt CmpInitHiveFromFile xa b e dbf ca b e dccc b e dc c b e dc c nt CmpCmdHiveOpen x b e dcac c b e dce b e dccc nt CmLoadKey xae b e dd c a f ec f d nt NtLoadKey x fc b e dd d f ec f d f nt NtLoadKey x b e dd c e f ec f d f nt KiFastCallEntry xf WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong f x c e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt CmpFree cd d pop ebp SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt CmpFree FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlpa exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP bd e e FAILURE BUCKET ID xc nt CmpFree BUCKET ID xc nt CmpFree Followup MachineOwner --------- Click to expand No other hardware is plugged in to the laptop I checked the version of ntkrnlpa exe and logonui exe and they are an older version than on the XP sp machine that I have as a test system but I m not sure if I should try replacing these files Any help greatly appreciated I normally don t mind trying a reformat and reinstall but since I dont have any access to the machine in a running state even in safe mode I would like to avoid having to backup and reinstall everything nbsp

A:Windows XP boot looping on Compaq Laptop

Bump and update,

I tried known good ram to no avail. Still looping....

Help!!!!

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-boot-looping-on-compaq-laptop.972712/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I clean boot my system and installed latest Adobe Flash player on IE 9, Ffox 4. I've tried all media sites like Youtube etc. The Flash player won't deliver full sound. It starts correctly, no video issues but after few seconds the sounds goes way lot, gets choppy..I've had no success in finding a solution to this. I've tried uninstalling flash player, installing archived versions...but no luck...Do you have any pointers on how to fix this..?
My PC is: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit, AMD Phenom II X4 955, 4GB Ram and ATI Radeon HD 5770 Gcard etc.
Thanks

A:Choppy sound on Flash Player 10.2

what about your bandwidth? If all media is slow it could be your internet service is slow for whatever reason. check your actual speed at speedtest.net

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/choppy-sound-on-flash-player-10-2-a-563077.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all My computer seems to stutter whenever suspect in sound Malware choppy i play music or Malware suspect in choppy sound anything that creates sound I'm assuming it has to be some sort of spyware on my computer that's causing it to sound choppy I ran a hijackthis log and then realized i don't really know what to fix Any help would be deeply appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run MBMon Rundll CTMBHA DLL MBMon O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM... Read more

A:Malware suspect in choppy sound

I know everyone is very busy...but if anyone could just take a minute to give me a pointer or two on what i should get rid of..it'd be greatly appreciated...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-suspect-in-choppy-sound-185969.html
Relevancy 51.17%

While on Youtube downloading a video the choppy / boot slow sound sound began stick slow boot / choppy sound and hang stopped that download Next start up was terrible Took about mins I ran a full Trend Micro virus scan - neg ran IObit Advance Windows Care Pro - made some registry corrections ran IObit Security and Amigo pro both corrected errors Now taking minutes to boot and still running slower than normal I just ran IObit HijackScan v and it is posted below I have spent about hrs trying to figure this this out Machine Acer Netbook mhz gig ram gig hd Logfile of IObit HijackScan v Scan saved at on - - Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exe C Documents and Settings Wayne Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Wayne Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Wayne Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security is exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security a hijackscan exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO TmIEPlugInBHO Class - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - O - Toolbar YouTube Downloader Toolbar - F FEE E-E - a- E - BEE A - C Program Files YouTube Downloader Toolbar IE youtubedownloaderToolbarIE dll O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Trend Micro Titanium quot C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework uiWinMgr exe quot -set Silent quot quot SplashURL quot quot O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Trend Micro Client Framework quot C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk UIWatchDog exe quot O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HK... Read more

A:slow boot / choppy sound

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. Please take note: If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER log Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387239/slow-boot-choppy-sound/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey, I have two hard drives, and when I move files that are large, or defrag, or just basically access any data on the secondary HD, the sound gets choppy and laggy. I am running Windows XP Multimedia Center Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I have a Dell XPS400, and am using the built in sound card. The sound card is SigmaTel Audio Card. Any Ideas?

Relevancy 51.17%

Ok So I am running Windows Vista -Bit system When Sound Choppy/distorted Online Nvida GeForce GT GB of Memory Intel Core Quad processor Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard if you need anything else ask So heres the problem When sound is playing through any program if Choppy/distorted Sound When Online I am browsing around online the sound can become choppy It happens when a page is loading the more there is to load the longer it becomes choppy Also sometimes the computer becomes sluggish also the mouse pointer skips across the screen when I try to move it making it hard to do anything BTW this happens with Choppy/distorted Sound When Online either browser I use Explorer or FireFox I use fox for the most part The sound also works fine if I am say playing Fear Combat online and playing Winamp in the background I ve tried reinstalling drivers and the computer seems fine otherwise I saw something that someone had sound problems similar to me and they were told to try defragging and to go to PCPitStop and see what it says Well I already use that site and I m fine I keep my drives defragged I don t use Vista s defragger because it makes me want to hit things so I use AusLogics Disk Defrag If anyone can help that d be great It really starts to get annoying having sound the sound like that If you need more from me just ask Thanks in advance

A:Choppy/distorted Sound When Online

Since nobody seems to know what my problem may be....does anyone have any other suggestions where to look for this issue? I've tried some other forums. Creatives website is no help at all and neither is the support team. Thanks for any info you can provide.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164813/choppydistorted-sound-when-online/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just purchased this game and am having problems from the get go. The problem is that there is choppy sound and "laggy" game play. This is during single player. I have newest drivers for all hardware and the 1.2 patch for the game. Here are my stats and....thx

Dell 4550 P4 2.0ghz
Ati Radeon 9600 xt
creative audigy 2 ZS
768 RAM
Win XP sp1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blitzkrieg-choppy-play-and-sound.263595/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have mostly always had choppy sound on this 1998 Laptop and since discovering this site I have fixed a virus problem and so I thought I would try to fix my choppy sound problem too...

Does Hijack This show how your sound is configured?

From my System Information: Multimedia Tree... It tells me

Driver: AECU.SYS
File Size: Driver Not Installed
File Date: Driver Not Installed
Driver: MAESTRO.COM
File Size: Driver Not Installed
File Date: Driver Not Installed

But in MSCONFIG, I checked out the Config.sys and autoexe.bat tabs and they show the two drivers running? but not exactly how another thread post showed how they should be.

Under the Config.sys tab it shows Driver=C:\aecu.sys

Under the Autoexe.bat tab it shows c:\maestro.com
I don't know... but it is frustrating knowing something is wrong...

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a few issues with video soud and I m guessing they re related so I thought I d put them all in the one post Elder Srolls IV Oblivion The opening cutscene is very strange it starts off choppy and then then it sort of goes in squares with different squares being at different parts of the movie like large squares of the screen stop playing the movie and then try to catch up again but the sound is absolutely fine - it plays at the correct speed & video lockups & Choppy sound Rise amp Fall Civilisations at War The cut scenes are slightly jerky - like its running at - fps but its a pre-rendered movie as far as I can tell and the sound is choppy so you cant hear most of the dialogue My system anihilates the system requirements so I cant understand the problem - but as I said I think Choppy video & sound & lockups its all related Embedded Media player On certain sites that have embedded media players http www football com - last time I checked - when I visit them my CPU usage goes up to until I can close my browser down - the same thing happened with the sounds best on soundblaster demo CD I got with my sound card But I can play stuff in windows media player normally and I can go on sites like youtube and google video without any problems I just cant fathom the problem here With amp I ve had this problem with separate graphics cards and fresh windows installs I ve attached my dxdiag file if that will help nbsp

A:Choppy video & sound & lockups

Hi,

Probably a dumb question... Do you have the latest video & audio drivers? Your chipset drivers?

Also, try rolling back the Nvidia drivers, for example, to the 80 series. That can sometimes help.

Regards :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-video-sound-lockups.60902/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just bought an external liteon dvd rewriter and installed the vision express 2 software that comes with it. When I make a dvd-r (maxell X 4 ) of an avi video file on my computer the images are ok but the sound is bad - keeps dropping out/breaking up. When I watch this file on my computer the sound is fine.

I tried disconnecting from the internet in case that was affecting it, but to no avail. I've had 5 tries now!. I don't know if this is relevant, but I have a lap-top with an internal slimline combi cd/rw and dvd/r drive. The sound on the dvd-r is bad if I play it in this or in the external dvd r/w. Can anybody help me with this?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all,

So my laptop has been rampant with terrible sound lately. It's extremely choppy and lags very often. This happens no matter what I'm doing on any program; I can be on YouTube, playing a game, listening to iTunes, etc. Even the Windows start jingle will sound absolutely horrendous with what's been happening to my laptop. What could be happening to it?

I have an Asus F8Sp laptop. I'm not sure what specs would be relevant to this issue, but here goes the basics:

Windows 7
3GB RAM
250 GB Hard Disk
ATI Radeon 3650 Mobility
Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0G

Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to watch Obama's health care speech and he sounds like a broken robot.

Also, I've tried my best to update drivers. It may be relevant that my computer has been getting really hot lately, but it might just be in my head.

Relevancy 51.17%

Recently my computer crashed so i tried troubleshooting it, and figured the motherboard or video card was fried so i rebuilt it from scratch just basically kept the case and hard drive so i rebuilt the computer and there were some issues, the pc seems to run a bit laggy even though i have 2gb of ram now the laggyness seems to correspond to the sound issue also i installed the soundcard driver im lost and dont know what to do

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello!

I run Windows XP and my knowledge of all things technical relating to computers is kinda basic
. . . but I follow instructions well.

The sound on my computer used to be just fine.

About 6 weeks back I had the Hello4 virus that was all cleaned up here by one of you wonderful folks!

Since that whole process to clean out that virus and fix other misc things, my sound has been choppy.

I tried re-installing a Realtek driver but that did not fix it.

Can this possibly be fixed with your assistance?

I'd truly appreciate the help to get a clean sounding computer again!

THANKS!!!

A:Choppy sound problem, very annoying

Is the sound always choppy ? Need to isolate - so are you saying you have "choppy" sound from playing back a music cd?
Or is it just from playing audio / video clips from the internet, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414854/choppy-sound-problem-very-annoying/