Windows Support Forum

All Windows-based services aren't working

Q: All Windows-based services aren't working

Yesterday after visiting a website that working aren't Windows-based services All may not have been secure I found my Windows Security Center was turned off Shortly after this McAfee removed a trojan from my computer After doing a scan of my computer I re-opened Security Center When I clicked quot Turn on now quot it said quot The Security Center service can't be started quot Following another thread's advice I did Start gt Search 'services' gt Security Center which has nothing under Status and Disabled under Start-up type gt Properties and though I could change Disabled to Automatic Delayed Start when I clicked OK and re-clicked Properties it had turned itself back to disabled All Windows-based services aren't working Also under Service Status it says Stopped yet I cannot click Start I also found that All Windows-based services aren't working Windows Firewall was not using the recommended settings When I click Update Settings it says quot Windows Firewall was unable to make the requested updates quot Clicking 'Turn Windows Firewall on or off' a box saying quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall service quot I click yes and it opens the settings box however it says I am using the recommended settings To add to my problems clicking on Windows Defender on the side menu brings up this message quot Application failed to initialize x ba A problem caused this program's service to stop To start the service restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually quot Since then my computer has been restarted twice and still no luck Lastly whether it is a connected issue I'm not sure however my Windows Live Messenger when attempting to sign in will begin to load then stop working and close itself Restarting didn't help this either Any advice at all on what might have caused this or how to fix any of these problems would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: All Windows-based services aren't working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: All Windows-based services aren't working

Go back one week before the problem with system restore.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/298343-all-windows-based-services-arent-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I've tried many things including scanning for malware doing a sfc scan reinstalling windows four times manually installing windows service pack using microsoft's FixIt tool trying to activate Defender MS Security essentials restarting the services from services msc checking my RAM for errors with windows diagnostic im on my last wits Windows Update can't run becasue the services aren't running Windows Defender gives the following error service has stopped and when you click start now it times out and gives another error i read online that defender is needed to start for update to work that's why i tried this When I tried to install Service Pack it gave me catastrophic error x FFFFF which seems to mean I'm in deep bleep judging update the (ps: running Windows won't they services aren't are) because from a quick search result As mentioned in my topic title I've done a SMART scan and my HD is a-okay This is my second clean reinstall of Windows I've scanned for malware and viruses with several scanners -- clean CBS log part

A:Windows won't update because the services aren't running (ps: they are)

okay i can't figure out how to attach the full CBS document because it's 600KB+

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521722/windows-wont-update-because-the-services-arent-running-ps-they-are/
Relevancy 63.21%

I don't know why I get this massage every time I got to website in a new tap on edge and it deasber quickly but it bother me it's said (Our services
aren't available right now We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon. Ref A: AEDDA6A6B95743A69D696CF05F362A13 Ref B: E83C4892A9253AEB72113463AEC4DAE2 Ref C: Sun Aug 28 02:33:23 2016 PST)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10d455ce-789e-4a53-b55a-938382cc2020/help-our-services-arent-available-right-now?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 62.35%

Everytime I want to hibernate my computer to leave it on overnight, it goes into updates. It updates, then restarts about once or twice saying that the updates weren't configured correctly, and it must revert the changes. It's happened about 5 times and I'd like to fix this.

A:Windows updates aren't working.

hi go to start control panel in classic view,windows update,on the lefthand side,change settings,click the install updates automatically and change the time for update to be downloaed and installed.or change to download and let me choose

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-arent-working-409577.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Yesterday, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went good, and I'm fully satisfied with Windows 10, but when I called a friend on Skype, I couldn't hear him at all. Not in my headphones. I searched on Google and saw on a lot of forums that if I unninstal that "VIA HD Audio (Win 10) it will fix my problem, but it didn't.[/B] They're still not working, even after I updated the driver back. I also installed Realtek HD Audio driver, after seeing on other forum, but it still didn't work at all. When I click on the speaker icon, go to playback devices, it's not showing headphones, but only speakers. Do you guys know what I can do ? Do you got any idea? I don't want to go back to Windows 7 just because of this.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/129618-headphones-arent-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an older Toshiba satellite laptop I was cleaning it up the other day removing lots of old programs and I also unchecked several startup processes aren't options Windows other load, working won't I believe Windows won't load, other options aren't working I reviewed all of them and did not uncheck anything for the system I don t know if it was that or something else but now the computer will not Windows won't load, other options aren't working load windows XP Pro It will go to the windows loading screen then goes blank shuts down and tries again over and over Pressing F I have tried all the options start in safe mode start in debugging start with last known good configuration and the rest all result in the same thing - windows loading screen black and power down I can get to the recovery console but don t know how to use this to try and start or fix or find the problem I do not have a boot disk to use either I m traveling I have a USB with me but from what I have just read this would not be so easy to make work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows won't load, other options aren't working

In recovery mode "fixboot" may solve the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-other-options-arent-working.805805/
Relevancy 60.2%

A week ago or so a problem started when I booted up my windows 8 acer desktop and once it got to the log in screen the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work... Although I got that fixed somehow and it didn't happen again... until now. I've tried everything I can think of but it doesn't fix it. Please I need help fast

-snossy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-past-boot-on-my-acer-windows-8.1163524/
Relevancy 60.2%

A week ago or so a problem started when I booted up my windows 8 acer desktop and once it got to the log in screen the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work... Although I got that fixed somehow and it didn't happen again... until now. I've tried everything I can think of but it doesn't fix it. Please I need help fast

-snossy

A:My USB ports aren't working past boot on my acer windows 8. HELP PLEASE. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?

Can anyone help? Please I need to do work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-past-boot-on-my-acer-windows-8-help-please-is-there-anything-i-can-do.1163524/
Relevancy 60.2%

Please Help!!!!

I'm running Win XP Home Edition SP2 and I've searched Google and Win knowledge base to no avail...also Kelly's Corner web site.

When the PC is turned on and off the default Start Windows
and Exit Windows sound is not played through the speakers
which are turned on. All other Windows sounds are played
correctly.
I have checked the sound properties in Control
Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices /Properties and the Windows
Default Sound Scheme is selected. The corresponding .wav
files are in place i.e. Windows XP Shutdown.wav and
Windows XP Startup.wav.
Please advise how I can rectify this fault.
Thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

Computer froze then this message keeps telling me to log out. It will try to fix it for next sign on but it is an endless loop. Please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-and-cortana-arent-working-critical-error-messa.1159891/
Relevancy 59.77%

-snossy

A:My USB ports aren't working past boot on my acer windows 8... HELP PLEASE... I NEED TO DO WORK

Can anyone help? Please I need to do work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-past-boot-on-my-acer-windows-8-help-please-i-need-to-do-work.1163524/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am on Dell Optiplex 780 running Windows 7 Professional. I recently obtained this computer from a family member. However, they could not remember the log in for it (when you first turn it on you go through ctrl-alt-del then are prompted to enter password).

I tried Ophcrack, it said it was not able to crack any passwords.

I also tried Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. This did not work either. I had a little bit of trouble with it- the username listed in the welcome screen was not one of those listed when I ran the tool. So, if someone is familiar enough with it maybe they can help me figure out what I am doing wrong? If not, some other way for me to recover or reset my password?

Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Forgot pw- recovery/reset programs aren't working (Windows 7 Professional)

Use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to enable the Hidden Administrator Account. Once that is enabled you can change the password of the the other accounts using the Administrator Account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530385/forgot-pw-recoveryreset-programs-arent-working-windows-7-professional/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have yet to scrape up the $ for an external drive. I was wondering what BC members thought of some of these services.
How far would you trust these sites with your non-life and death files?

Maybe I'll buy myself a new drive with my Bush money.

A:Web Based File-backup Services

In the long run, buying either a memory stick(s) or a second hard drive is less expensive and certainly more secure than on-line storage. You might also investigate the storage space allowed by Google Documents. I take it that copying the files to disk is not an option?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142770/web-based-file-backup-services/
Relevancy 56.76%

I tried connecting two different laptops with Windows 7 Home Basic with my broadband wifi network with wep security, but it doesn't work. It connects with wpa / wpa2 / open security. What is the reason?

A:Windows 7 Home Basic not working with wep based security

Is your router set for WEP? WPA is mote secure anyways I recommend using that. Are you trying to connect to your router or someone elses?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-home-basic-not-working-with-wep-based-security-635402.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So my question is pretty simple but searching google yields no results This may be because the problem is specific to obscurity or perhaps it is because I am unable to come up with keywords that are relevant enough I have one contacts list I see no reason anyone should ever need to maintain more than one That s silly Computer automation to the rescue Except perhaps not There seems Syncing services web outlook contact between and based information email to be an option in the distribution of outlook which implies that it Syncing contact information between outlook and web based email services can sync contact lists on command But it doesn t do anything I did manage to find a post on a forum somewhere that talked about how outlook is just an email client and thus ONLY handles emails but it wasn t specific to which distribution My hopes are that they were wrong or that is different and I can do away with the third party application I downloaded Thanks in advance Picture below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer BigBear Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Forum I am a student trying to figure out the best way to manage my files I would like to find a seamless solution that will allow me to Create files on my home PC View and edit them on other devices and then see those changes reflected in with Local Services Cloud Storage Based Syncing Files the original file Also vice versa So far I have tried Google Drive and OneDrive but I have one primary complaint I don't like how Folders and Files must be placed within respective folder found via the taskbar For example It seems that in order to get a file to sync via Google Drive I have to place it in the isolated Google Drive folder on my PC I think what I would like is to be able to keep my files in their original location on my computer and have a Cloud storage service reference that file and its location That way I can keep everything in the right place so my workflow can operate as usual while having the luxury of viewing and editing the same file remotely Hopefully my needs were sufficiently articulated I look forward to hearing from anyone and am eager to hear about possible solutions Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/398221-syncing-local-files-cloud-based-storage-services.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Today I decided I was going to restore grub and get Ubuntu 8 tools not Windows aren't and working will boot boot repair Windows Windows 8 will not boot and boot repair tools aren't working and OS X all booting from it that turned out to be Windows 8 will not boot and boot repair tools aren't working a mistake First what I did was boot into the old grub menu with my bios and I loaded up Ubuntu I decided to run sudo grub-install dev sda which I think is where I went wrong then sudo update-grub that seemed to work at first but my grub menu didn t update so I ran the boot repair utility in ubuntu and after that grub seemed fine Grub loaded up with my operating systems detected and eveything The first thing I did after that was load up Windows and it seemed to be working I saw the boot screen and the spinner with no messages under it so I just held the power button because I wanted to test OS X booting At that point OS X loaded up and wanted to do a check disk on the windows partition and I didn t let it because I didn t want to wait I decided to go back into windows and it wouldn t boot I was told to do a system restore and I tried it but the repair utility said simply that an error occured I rebooted and the next time it gave me the option of shutting down or opening advanced options I opened the advanced options and opened up the familiar system restore point utility It told me that it couldn t do a system restore because I needed to enable system protection on my C drive The only thing I could find for that was a powershell command which Windows 8 will not boot and boot repair tools aren't working I can t run from the repair console and some other site saying to run chkdsk R which I ran At the end it told me it could not transfer the log file because error occurred I also tried a refresh which told me it couldn t complete do to an error I think the problem is when I ran grub-install because the log from the boot-repair utility metioned something about MBR which makes me think that grub ignored the EFI system in place and wrote an MBR which could be messing with the windows boot process Is there any more information I can provide to solve this and is there any way I can avoid re-installing windows from scratch Can I even do that with an upgrade license Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8 will not boot and boot repair tools aren't working

I have to agree with your assumption that the MBR was most likely changed, which is causing issues with Windows booting.

Can you post the line from the log that makes you think the MBR was modified?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474261/windows-8-will-not-boot-and-boot-repair-tools-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm a noob and tried to search for my Working Not Services Windows problem Windows Services Not Working in the forums before posting my problem Any advice would be helpful When I start the computer after a few minutes an error message comes up to say that the OneCare Live service couldn't start Then it suggests I restart the computer The problem is the problem isn't confined to OneCare Live Windows Media Player also freezes when I try to start it I worked through support at OneCare Live and it suggests uninstalling OneCare and then reinstalling it The problem also affects Windows Installer which also freezes when it starts So far I've found the following things freeze or cause Explorer to crash OneCare Live Print Spooler Service Windows Installer when trying to install or uninstall Windows Media Player Deleting Files and Trying to Empty the Recycling Bin Renaming Folders and Files Also Internet Explorer freezes I've tried to restart these services manually using the services administrative applet but it always comes back with a timeout error I tried a disk scan Vista startup repair and a system restore from before the problems came up This problem came upon a restart I had not installed any new software and hadn't made any changes I suspected a virus but a virus scan came up with nothing I used Kaspersky online since OneCare is out of commission and I can't install any other software without the installer freezing Any ideas short of a clean install of Vista

A:Windows Services Not Working

Try the 3 most common Vista troubleshooting tools:

1) Go to Start and type "perfmon /report" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Let the report run, and then let us know about any of the items that are noted down to the Software Configuration heading.

2) Go to Start and type "perfmon" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the Reliability Monitor in the left hand pane, and look for the errors in the right hand pane - let us know what they say. If there's too many, just use the last few days.

3) Go to Start and type "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. In the left hand pane, click on Windows Logs, then click on the System log files - then check in the right hand pane for errors around the time of the shutdown. You can also check the Application log file for errors in case this generated an error that could have caused this (but it's less likely than the System log files).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161212/windows-services-not-working/
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm posting here after doing a lot of unproductive googling and getting nowhere with my issue Windows bit It started about a week ago Woke my computer from a sleep and not working Windows Indexing/Services 7 it wouldn't recognize my USB label printer though another on the same hub different model works fine Reinstalled drivers software etc no help You'll see that the DYMO XL listed in the MiniToolBox Windows 7 Indexing/Services not working output shows the driver is fine Then things started acting up on the computer -Lots of broken registry issues it seems see attachment - when clicking these system links I get the errors shown -Cannot update MSE due to connectivity error -Cannot stop MSE services so I can rename the db folder see attachment I am admin -Cannot search in start menu ghost icons for programs or control panel appear and won't allow me to click -See attachment -Cannot reset indexing -Start menu customize doesn't work either See attachment -System restore attempted twice does not correct issue -Some forums suggested removing a certain folder from the registry mine does not have that folder attachment -Cannot click on users to create a new profile edit I'd like to also mention that a couple weeks ago after the PC crashed I lost some font files default fonts so i was getting symbols on web pages instead of characters and the default Word document font changed Not sure if that's why the MiniToolBox results show Russian Characters tried running MalwareBytes but I believe it froze halfway through and I got a blue screen Any advice or tips would be appreciated I am ready to follow directions

A:Windows 7 Indexing/Services not working

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618388/windows-7-indexingservices-not-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

As well as pop ups saying Host process for windows not working I'm getting another one saying Deniece Ericka Chiyin has stopped working (spelling might be off).

I have had a reboot / crash problem recently as well which I had to resolve with a system restore and another crash today

I cannot turn windows firewall on due to an unidentified problem windows cannot display windows firewall setting which pops up when I click turn on firewall.

Any advice much appreciated and I will answer any questions you have.

Apologies if I haven't given enough information

Logs attached

Regards

Stephen

A:Keep seeing pop ups for windows services stopped working etc

Please do the following:

Download the appropriate version for your system of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already therePress Scan button.type exit and reboot the computer normallyFRST will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive, please copy and paste the log in your reply.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483070/keep-seeing-pop-ups-for-windows-services-stopped-working-etc/
Relevancy 53.32%

icons such as internet explorer are now responisve when trying to open,

any ideas......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/icons-arent-working-325113.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 53.32%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 53.32%

example:

please help!

A:the colors aren't working

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is your issue just related to Youtube ? ...

Does it happen in all Browsers or just Chrome ? ...

Please fill in your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376136-colors-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, so somehow I got websave on my computer, and it was really annoying so I downloaded adwcleaner to fix it, then I ran the software then restarted my computer. When I restarted, I couldn't open mozilla, so I deleted it then used internet explorer (which works fine) to redownload it. That didn't work so I tried google chrome. That didn't work either. In both cases when I tried opening the browser I opened windows task manager to see what was going on. Both times the browser would load up to about 2000 K then stop, at the same time it was loading, windows problem reporting would load to about the same memory the stop suddenly as well. I don't know what the problem is... Please help me. Thank you

A:Browsers aren't working

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift Key while starting Firefox. You may have a add-on that is keeping Firefox from starting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browsers-arent-working-802410.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just today, while I was going on YouTube to watch some videos, I turned on my speakers and played the video. For some reason, the sound didn't come out. I turned the speakers on and off, but that didn't work. I unplugged the wire hooking it up to the computer, but that didn't work either.

Please, someone help me fix this problem. I don't want to resort to buying new ones.

A:Speakers aren't working

Why not start with some details about the configuration? Also, did you try plugging earphones in the speaker jack to see if it's the computer or the speakers? I'd do that before I bought new speakers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.691053/
Relevancy 53.32%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past few months I ve had problems with some of my quot security quot shortcuts It started when I tried to open AVG and run a scan When I click on the icon I get a pop up stating the quot program working.... Some shortcuts aren't exe quot associated with the icon has changed or moved and do I want to delete the icon I noticed that I had an AVG update come in prior to this problem so I figured it was an AVG problem and I have been working with their customer support people to try and fix it I ve also noticed that other quot security quot programs have Some shortcuts aren't working.... the same problem When I click on quot malwarebytes quot and quot whatsrunning quot I get the same box I just downloaded superantispyware and tried to run it but had the same problem with the desktop Some shortcuts aren't working.... icon I have Spyware Terminator and its working fine I haven t found any other programs that are having the same issues The tech I ve been working with at AVG has had me run uninstall and other programs trying to find the issue but we ve gotten nowhere I can t open AVG to run a scan I get the error box noted above but when I go to my Security Center it shows that quot AVG reports up to date and active quot I haven t been able to reinstall AVG because of an error with a program in Firefox called Chrome I just need some advice on how to fix the problem with the missing or moved programs so my shortcuts will work I don t believe its a virus I ve used Spy Terminator numerous times and its not finding any problems

A:Some shortcuts aren't working....

"Chrome" is a Google browserhttp://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...p;utm_medium=ha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215310/some-shortcuts-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 53.32%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

My Home page works, but when I tab to another page it will not connect at all

but firefox works when I tab a page

IE 7 worked Saturday night and then Sunday morning , only page working was home page
thanks

A:Tab Pages aren't working

Hi and welcome to TSF try resetting IE How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tab-pages-arent-working-664988.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i reinstalled windows xp professional because of viruses. Now for some reason i cannot change my video settings and the display adapters arent showing up in my device manager. there is no display adapter tab. Also i cann ot get my speakers to work. the computer doesnt see that i am connecting speakers in the back of my computer but it does recognize my headset that is pluggged into the front.

A:Speakers aren't working

Did you reinstall all of the motherboard drivers and chipset drivers? These would all have to reinstalled after a fresh reinstallation of windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.896694/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 53.32%

Very often when I click on links my desktop goes absolutely nowhere. The link will change color as if it recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. The links are valid and working. My laptop has no problem opening these same links. Please help me if you know what is happening. I have searched my settings but I have not found an option to turn the links on or off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90677/some-links-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 53.32%

I had this problem since I upgraded to Vista. All softwares I used before in Windows XP worked without any problem, but most of them now support Vista and they are giving me tons of problems everyday.
What is this happening?

A:Why softwares aren't working?

Software makers have got to rewrite their code to make it work with Vista. Keep checking the maker of the software websites for Vista updates.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/113916-why-softwares-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently got given a Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 Model: 1014

I plugged it in and went to windows update, it installed the keyboard and all working.

Now i have a program that i want to configure the F1 keys to make them do something in the program, I've done this before on my old keyboard but this time it isn't recognising.... F2 key is recognised as CTRL+Z

I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from MS website and its not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

A:F2 F3 F4..... Keys aren't working

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that those keys are not detected correctly at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57667-f2-f3-f4-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone has the solution to this problem It keeps on comming up on my computer I am so fed up with it I am fixing to switch over to Windows XP for some reason when I installed my windows Vista the first time everything looked fine except when services and Vista clos stopped was Windows Ultimate Host working windows process for the update screen came up it indicated that I had updates so I clicked installed and then it said downloaded intalled and failed the Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos it gave me and error code I re installed Vista times thinking that was the problem Now I finally downloaed all the updates one at a time some of them I had to restart my machines Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos several times Now I get this Windows Services Stopped Working and was closed Then sometimes I get a blue screen something about memory dumping I am not sure what all of that is I Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos need help the only thing I have done to the Windows is installed all of the Windows Dream Scene and the Steam and downloaed Half Life and it did not work I tries uninstalling Steam program and it said that the unistaller was not installed correctly therefore it cannot unistalled the program then I got another update something about HID- Data filter something like that once it installed successfull then more and more the blue screen and the Windows Service has stopped message Please help nbsp

A:Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos

Hey, if you are thinking about switching to windows XP DO IT. i almost have the same problem as you do..i bought my computer in august, brand new and i have had problems with vista since i got it. My problem now is, host process for windows services has stopped working, and i cannot figure out the solution. I brought it to best buy and they said that it would cost 200 dollars to fix. They said that the computer has 4 processors and only 3 are working and that one is corrupt. He said it just happens and that nothing that i did occured it. So i dont know what to do, but if i figure it out i will let you know!!
Jason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-ultimate-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-clos.638952/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys so I've been desperately trying to solve this problem for a while and no luck yet Windows Update is just refusing to work on my XP but I guess the problem is quite complicated since I couldn't find a solution yet - There are technically updates that won't install with Windows Update Agent but it won't even show others They download alright but they just won't install - Alternatively I tried using the update site of microsoft missing services working not Windows - from Update seems Windows Update not working - missing from services like I can install other updates that way not these ones though - The problem doesn't seem to be in any connection with these updates because the wuauserv is also missing from the services msc list I have it in the registry though - I tried re-registrating and re-installing practically everything connected to windows update but I just can't get it working - Scanned the computer with avast both normally and in boot-time found nothing I have actually no idea what should I do next or where to look for the source of this problem I would really appreciate any help Thanks

A:Windows Update not working - missing from services

Hi and welcome to TSF did you try this How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-not-working-missing-from-services-668336.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok a few weeks back me and my brother All working disabled and not Windows services internet got a router and before we could open it my computer went nuts whenever i started typing it started generating random characters or running a program address BTW I have a dell with a pentium cable internet and the dreaded windows xp Well after this happened my internet totally stopped working the modem was on and showing it was working and when i checked it in the network connections it showed it was running but after awhile it said it had limited to no connectivity Then my father found told me to check all the windows services All Windows services disabled and internet not working control panel admin tools services and All Windows services disabled and internet not working when i did all of them were disabled I never disabled them and neither did anyone else in the house Well after messing with this for a couple of days i got my internet working again but recently when i restarted my computer it happened again But all the services are running and it says the modem is working fine I do not know what happened I ve tryed setting up new connections and networks and it still doesnt work To prove my modem is working i am on it right now using my brother s computer Can anyone help me out nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey peeps I found out about this site from google while searching for an answer regarding my starting/working services not + Firewall other Windows firewall issues and I happened on an old thread that discussed Windows Firewall + other services not starting/working similar Windows Firewall + other services not starting/working problems I downloaded and ran the Farbar Service Scanner and it created a Notepad file and it said this Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Neogoth administrator on - - at Running from C Users Neogoth Downloads Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Windows Firewall + other services not starting/working Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The serv... Read more

A:Windows Firewall + other services not starting/working

Hello,

Have you been experiencing other problems with the computer?  What has been done on the computer before you started experiencing the firewall issues?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495402/windows-firewall-other-services-not-startingworking/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am suddenly getting the following error messages IP Helper has stopped working Windows Update has stopped working User Profile has stopped working Remote Access Connection Manager has stopped working Windows Management Instrumentation has stopped working They appear one at a time randomly and at varying intervals Occasionally my system tray will tell me that the Host Process for Windows service was closed and that the Data Execution Program has stopped working Other than these messages I m having no problems with my system except that I 'stopped Windows working' services messages m not getting Windows Windows services 'stopped working' messages Updates When I try to check for updates manually I receive the same Windows update has stopped working message Windows Updates is showing as stopped in the Management Console and when I try to start it I get a error and a message telling me that it cannot be started I ve read various posts of people having one of these error messages but couldn t see anybody reporting having all of them as I do I ve tried the Windows Management Instrumentation fix by deleting the files in the System Wbem Repository folder but this did nothing I ve run AVG and Malwarebytes and both showed that the Windows services 'stopped working' messages system was clean This all seems to have started after some games were installed on my computer and were later uninstalled though this might just be a coincidence I have Vista -bit Home Premium Thank you nbsp

A:Windows services 'stopped working' messages

Have a look through your event viewer. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

Have a look for Errors in the application or system lists around the same time as the error messages you were getting appeared.

Error 1067 means theres a setting or file stopping the service from starting. It's a common error with the MySQL service when a database becomes unusable.

Let us know what you find in the event viewer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-services-stopped-working-messages.890924/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok so recently i came on my computer and i have no clue what i had installed/deleted or altered but everything basicly that microsoft created except the entire OS keeps crashing. Everythings from IE to task manager and command prompt. I am completely mind blown and have no idea what's happened and i really need help! This is sooooo annoying!

A:Windows related services stop working

Work through these same steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start working from boot to disinfect, checking System files for damage, trying to get it started to if necessary run a Repair Install.

But if all fails there are steps there to rescue your files and reinstall. I'd delete all partitions during the reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299887-windows-related-services-stop-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Edit: Found optional update was needed to stop this stuff from happening. If this can be deleted please do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568781/random-programs-arent-working/
Relevancy 52.89%

Morning

Cannot run the wizards in msaccess. Using NT4SP5 get the error message active x can't create an object.

Thanks
Kennyp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wizards-arent-working-in-ms-access.114861/
Relevancy 52.89%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 52.89%

Oy.

I have an ADC (or AOC, can't read the font) monitor with built in speakers. Today, they have suddenly stopped working. I checked all the sound controls, made sure everything was plugged in, and even restarted a few times. I also fiddled around with everything in between.

And yet, I still get no sound. I've learned that while im listening to music, if I turn my monitor off, I can catch a quick millisecond of sound from the speakers. The same also happens if I turn my monitor on, so I'm pretty sure nothing's truly broken. In any case, I'd reaaaally like some help on this problem, pleeease.

Relevancy 52.89%

Numbers are part of password, can't login. Please advise. Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Number keys aren't working

Hi, See if you can log on via the on screen keyboard - at the sign in screen, click the Ease of Access icon ( lower right corner ) and select On-Screen Keyboard. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Number-keys-aren-t-working/td-p/5694292
Relevancy 52.89%

How's it goin,
I seem to have a problem with games that i put on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3680, 64mb graphics card). They all install correctly but when I play 'Lord of the Rings-BFME II' it loads the black screen then comes up with a blue background and all these error messages and shuts the computer down. I also have 'Worms-World Party' demo which loads black screen thens returns to desktop and error message 'worms world party has been stopped, sending error report', even tho my 'dawn of war-wa 'demo works fine. I have re-installed both games plus running them both as administrator, can't seem to figure it out, all programs work perfectly on my laptop it's just games that are a hassle. Anyone have a solution??

A:Couple of games aren't working..

Did you install the DirectX stand alone setup from Microsoft? Many games will not work without it. The DirectX setup was needed for me after new Vista x64 install even though running dxdiag said my DX10 was working.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/100948-couple-games-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all and and as a disclaimer please excuse any and all of my ignorance, I am not at all very good with computers, it even took me a minute to figure out my OS lol! but i have a serious problem: My USB drivers are no longer reading my phones and other devices the message i get is "USB Device Not Recognized", When i click the message and go through the troubleshoot it gets no where. It's like my computer doesn't even realize that the devices and drivers are malfunctioning, also i don't know if it is related but it seems like files, apps and folders are constantly being deleted without my consent and no one else has access to my pc. i suspect foul play hidden in my system. Any help would be very appreciated. thank you so much everyone!

A:USB Drivers aren't working for my devices.

Welcome to the forums!
Have you ran any malware/Virus scans?

I would suggest malwarebytes. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

The free version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278100-usb-drivers-arent-working-my-devices.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I've been trying to do some online work similar to MTurk but a little different and my problem is the submit button doesn't work in IE for me When I try to click on it nothing happens I was receiving a small error message on the left side of the browser on the bottom but that's gone away now Just to clarify this ISN'T my own website I'm having trouble with I have gone on the message board of the job aren't buttons working IE9 submit to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem but it seems to be working fine for everyone else I have attempted to try it out on other computers in my house but I get the same problem I am using IE on Windows On the webpage itself I got the view source so I'm going to paste what it says lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt title gt lt style gt body font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size em color black p font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal color black margin-top - px b font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight bold color black margin-top - px H font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size pt color red H font-family quot Verdana quot font-weight normal font-size pt color maroon pre font-family quot Lucida Console quot font-size em marker font-weight bold color black text-decoration none version color gray error margin-bottom px expandable text-decoration underline font-weight bold color navy cursor hand lt style gt lt head gt lt body bgcolor quot white quot gt lt span gt lt H gt Server Error in ' Judge' Application lt hr width size color silver gt lt H gt lt h gt lt i gt An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt i gt lt h gt lt span gt IE9 submit buttons aren't working lt font face quot Arial Helvetica Geneva SunSans-Regular sans-serif quot gt lt b gt Description lt b gt IE9 submit buttons aren't working An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in IE9 submit buttons aren't working the code lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Exception Details lt b gt System ServiceModel FaultException An error occurred when verifying security for the message lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Source Error lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt table width bgcolor quot ffffcc quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt code gt lt pre gt Line DateTime t DateTime Now Line lt font color red gt Line string appDataXML judgingClient GetApplicationDataXml hitAppID lt font gt Line Line DateTime t DateTime Now lt pre gt lt code gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt br gt lt b gt Source File lt b gt d app WebV build Views GetTemplate aspx cs lt b gt amp nbsp amp nbsp Line lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt b gt Stack Trace lt b gt lt br gt lt br gt lt table width bgcolor quot ffffcc quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt code gt lt pre gt FaultException An error occurred when verifying security for the message MessageSecurityException An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail System Runtime Remoting Proxies RealProxy HandleReturnMessage IMessage reqMsg IMessage retMsg System Runtime Remoting Proxies RealProxy PrivateInvoke MessageData amp amp msgData Int type Microsoft Search UHRS Client ServiceReference IJudging GetApplicationDataXml Int HitAppID Uhrs Web GetTemplate Page Load Object sender EventArgs e in d app WebV build Views GetTemplate aspx cs System Web Util CalliHelper EventArgFunctionCaller IntPtr fp Object o Object t EventArgs e System Web UI Control LoadRecursive System Web UI Page ProcessRequestMain Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint lt pre gt lt code gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt br gt lt hr width size color silver gt lt b gt Version Information lt b gt amp nbsp Microsoft NET Framework Version ASP NET Version lt font gt Thank you in advance for your help

A:IE9 submit buttons aren't working

Is Java enabled? Up to date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-submit-buttons-arent-working-670612.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers for my pc. They worked fine until I put together a new build. Now, only my rear speakers put out sound. I've tested them and configured them properly, but still no good. Anybody know a fix?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/125892-speakers-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

A:Some keyboard keys aren't working

Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousczech

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

They both USB, wireless, Bluetooth, or PS2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99523-some-keyboard-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I've always come to this forum for answers and I've been able to solve most of them but right now I needed to make an account to explain my issue because I'm out of My to working ports aren't as supposed 3.0 ideas First of all I saw a thread similar to this but the solution they gave didn't accomplish much I have a Lenovo E it has usb ports and all of them are I have a Samsung M Slimline TB USB Portable Hard Drive with its cable So this is what happens I use my office internet to download movies games etc then I place them on my M to bring it to home The speed I get in my computer office which is a decent computer is about - mbps which is fine I guess because I connect my M to a port but when I get home My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to no My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to matter which port I My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to use since all of them are I guess about the same transfer speed or maybe less sometimes even mbps I wondered if my hard drive was faulty because sometimes it will take a while for my laptop to recognize it when in my office it does almost right away and my office computer is lower than my laptop I downloaded my usb ports drivers from the manufacture website Lenovo and realized it was the same that the Windows installed by itself so I did some tests like uninstall the ones that Windows installed and then manually reinstall I did that then restarted the computer After that just less than mins I would get a blue screen error showing some issue with a file which is the one I just installed from the drivers downloaded in Lenovo so I had to be quick and uninstall everything so I would stop having this blue screen error Now I'm back with the ones that Windows install when it realized I don't have still the same driver name and everything so I don't know what's the difference between them Yesterday I was transfering a game folder and at first was about - mbps then it increases a to mbps Does this laptop needs to be upgraded to or since maybe and just maybe its drivers are not fully supported in Windows I don't like Windows I have an original Windows Pro which I tried It was good and got a good feeling to it at first but then out of the blue after I installed some stuffs and needed to restart my drivers went off I mean my wireless drivers and lan ones were uninstalled also my latest graphics drivers were uninstalled and I couldn't figure it out why that happened since I was just installing normal stuffs and I like to restart after installing stuffs So I brush it off and went back to Windows If you might wonder no I don't remember how much transfer speed I was getting while using Windows I think I didn't even use my M since my hard drive had a partition when I installed Windows so I didn't need to plug it So that's pretty much everything till now I've been thinking if I should try Windows again but I'm afraid I would stumble upon that issue again and also updating in Windows was a really really pain in the armpit it was hellish slow and weekend just started and I wouldn't like to spend - hours just updating tonight I hope I can sort things out Thank you very much in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392222-my-3-0-ports-arent-working-supposed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Oh god someone PLEASE help me Certain websites aren't working for me via Fx amp IE but they are working for others In fact I had just installed AVG thought that was part of the problem amp uninstalled it I'm going back to Anti Vir but it's still a problem Some sites aren't loading at all others certain buttons click others just act as dead links amp yes I did reboot when I uninstalled AVG I have other issues too but that may be an OS problem I have to find someone to help me troubleshoot the other problems I hope you find something in here Thank youMichelleDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Michelle on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Avira AntiVir Personal - Properly Aren't Browsers My Working Help, - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly UTC - RP - Installed iTunesBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Michelle exe --------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS ATKKBService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exeC Program Files Simpleology simpleology Wimiki simpleology Wimiki exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC Program Files Shelltoys Personal Assistant assistant exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files SysSense SysSense exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Adobe Re... Read more

A:Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly

Oops, I guess there were 2 docs, here's the other one...Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) SP 3.0Architecture: X86; Language: EnglishCPU 0: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHzPercentage of Memory in Use: 57%Physical Memory (total/avail): 2046.48 MiB / 876.17 MiBPagefile Memory (total/avail): 3939.16 MiB / 2947.32 MiBVirtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1899.59 MiBA: is Removable (FAT)C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 60.55 GiB total, 44.49 GiB free. D: is Fixed (NTFS) - 58.59 GiB total, 54.93 GiB free. E: is Fixed (NTFS) - 67.17 GiB total, 53.98 GiB free. I: is Removable (FAT)J: is Removable (No Media)K: is Removable (No Media)L: is Removable (No Media)Z: is CDROM (No Media)\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - ST3200826AS - 186.31 GiB - 3 partitions \PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 60.55 GiB - C: \PARTITION1 - Installable File System - 58.59 GiB - D: \PARTITION2 - Installable File System - 67.17 GiB - E:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device - 54.91 MiB - 1 partition \PARTITION0 (bootable) - MS-DOS V4 Huge - 61.11 MiB - I:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE3 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All UsersAPPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Michelle\Application DataCLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zipCLIENTNAME=ConsoleCommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME=MICHELLE-E1D0D2ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exeFP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NOHOMEDRIVE=C:HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\MichelleLOGONSERVER=\\MICHELLE-E1D0D2NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2OS=Windows_NTPath=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.PSC1PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL=6PROCESSOR_REVISION=0f06ProgramFiles=C:\Program FilesPROMPT=$P$GQTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zipRNLOG_BASEKEY=Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\BrowserRecordPluginLogSESSIONNAME=ConsoleSystemDrive=C:SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWSTEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Michelle\LOCALS~1\TempTMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Michelle\LOCALS~1\TempUSERDOMAIN=MICHELLE-E1D0D2USERNAME=MichelleUSERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Michellewindir=C:\WINDOWS-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------Michelle (admin)Administrator (new local, admin)Guest.MICHELLE-E1D0D2 (new local, guest)-- Add/Remove Programs --------------------------------------------------------- --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0 --> C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\{CA255F44-B057-4428-BBE6-50C5022A23C8}\QBReplace... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152075/help-my-browsers-arent-working-properly/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got something strange going on Within the last - days things have stopped working on my computer Notepad calculator task manager - just about anything with manager in it isn't working - update manager lots of things working aren't Things anymore on the control panel - too many to list I did get a couple of strange messages a week or so ago One was something about d screen saver no longer working - or something like that I googled it and couldn't find anything Things aren't working anymore Then I got another one that was csc exe not working but again couldn't find anything I'm running windows professional bit operating system I have run AVG malwarebytes and Emsisoft emergency kit - no viruses found Let me know what other information Things aren't working anymore you need to help fix this problem Thanks Edited to add I was looking around and downloaded the tweaking com windows repair and did the proper power reset When I turned the computer back on I got these messages csc Things aren't working anymore exe application error The application was unable to start correctly xc Click ok to close the application lgfxTray module has stopped working persistence module has stopped working hkcmd module has stopped working Tried to run the windows repair and it won't start I got a cmd exe application error message - same as the csc exe one I'm guessing I've got a virus or malware or something Just thought this extra information might be helpful

A:Things aren't working anymore

If this happened to me, I'd restore from my last good full system backup.  If you don't have one, I'd consider this a learning experience.  Then save any data you don't want to lose, and try System Restore.  If that doesn't help,
restore your system to factory settings, and reload your software.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603108/things-arent-working-anymore/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having trouble with the links in my emails. They won't click to their target . . . TSG.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Xico

Relevancy 52.89%

I have the Philips MMS205 which consists of 4 satellite speakers and a subwoofer. My sound card is a Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer. My satellites are properly hooked up to the subwoofer. The line IN on the subwoofer is connected to the line OUT on the computer, and the surround IN is connected to the Rear OUT on the computer. However, the problem is that only ONE of the satelites and the subwoofer are working, the other three satelites are not emitting any sounds. Please reply if you know what is wrong and/or what i can try. Thanks.

A:satellite speakers aren't working

1) Can you try the speakers on another computer? They may be bad.

2) Try the front out to the surround speakers and see if they both work.

This should pin the problem down.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/satellite-speakers-arent-working.34427/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

I would post in malware/virus removal just to make sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/programs-arent-working-correctly-762753.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This is not your typical quot My modern apps don't work quot post Some of my apps are working fine for instance Edge and Mail Others do not such as the Windows Store Weather Photos etc I've tried all the various tricks to uninstall and re-install these apps but get the same thing The Event Log says that the apps can't be quot activated quot which indicates Universal Apps working aren't Certain some kind of licensing issue perhaps but I haven't found the solution yet This is Windows Enterprise build It's joined to a domain and I strongly suspect that my domain admins have a group policy that Certain Universal Apps aren't working is interfering but I can't be sure They had already disabled Microsoft Accounts and turned off Telemetry via group policy and registry settings which I have countered by forcing these back on and denying update access to those keys I suppose it's possible that this might be affecting the apps as well but it's strange that some apps work and some don't Any suggestions SFC and Dism cleanups report no issues or corruption App re-installs seem to complete fine but the apps still don't work UAC is of course ON

A:Certain Universal Apps aren't working

For App licensing see:
%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Client-Licensing-Platform%4Admin.evtx

Package licences gets archived then re-installed (per lease activation) - not sure how long each lease lasts tho'.

eg: Onenote entry on 21 June ( 2 months after initial install)

The license with Id 8ce3d3dd-a4c7-6c38-5fde-1f9f5df98807 has been archived successfully. PFM if available: microsoft.office.onenote_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Application license successfully installed.
Package: microsoft.office.onenote_8wekyb3d8bbwe
User Id (if available): NULL
License Id: 8ce3d3dd-a4c7-6c38-5fde-1f9f5df98807
Associate Id: 8ce3d3dd-a4c7-6c38-5fde-1f9f5df98807

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/56764-certain-universal-apps-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My buddy Kyle recently (actually yesterday) go a new computer that came installed with Vista. He downgraded to XP and now he can't get on the internet or anything, a bunch of drivers aren't working.

Fix? Downgrading is possible, I've seen it done before but I don't remember what to do.
Thanks,
Drew

ps:
I am also planning to do this on my laptop with vista, and I want to do it without all the driver issues.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have W7 Home Premium and my desktop icons aren't working. I have to reboot to get them to work I use Microsoft Essentials for Virus Protection not Norton.

Any assistance in solving this problem appreciated thanks Dorothy

A:Desktop Icons Aren't Working :(

Did you just install Windows 7? Or, are these icons that have not been used for quite sometime? Try running this Fix It tool from Microsoft. It is used to fix problems with desktop icons, shortcuts, and Windows Update Errors - Common system maintenance tasks. Let us know what happens.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cassandra

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90078-desktop-icons-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-working-correctly-762761.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For the past hours I've been having Process working" Windows "Host stopped has on Services Windows 8... for issues with my PC Whenever I type there's a bit of lag then svchost exe crashes Here's the problem signature from typing this post "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working" on Windows 8... if it helps any Problem Event "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working" on Windows 8... Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exe Application Version Application Timestamp f f e Fault Module Name StackHash e Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Code c Exception Offset PCH FROM ntdll x E A OS Version Locale ID Additional Information e Additional Information e f da d bca c c a Additional Information fbb Additional Information fbb bd c d e bc And here's a DDS log I did from a bit earlier DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nathan at on - - Microsoft Windows Pro GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Outdated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Outdated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows system dwm exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Autodesk Inventor Moldflow bin mitsijm exeC Windows system dashost exeC Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exeC ProgramData Razer Synapse Devices Razer Surround Driver RzMaelstromVADStreamingService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System WUDFHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files x ASRock Utility AXTU Bin AsrXTU exeC Program Files x MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exeC Windows system taskhostex exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exeC Users Nathan AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exeC Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exeC Program Files x Gyazo GyStation exeC Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exeC Users Nathan AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exeC Users Nathan AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC Users Nathan AppData Roaming srs exeC Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files x Browny BrYNSvc exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files x foobar foobar exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome ... Read more

A:"Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working" on Windows 8...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/515538 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515538/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-on-windows-8/
Relevancy 52.03%

Vista, SP2-

I get this message upon coming out of sleep mode or even restarting. I haven't found anything it's affecting "yet".

I ran msconfig.exe and hid the Microsoft items and disabled everything else under Services and disabled everything under Startup. Rebooted. I still get the message.

I do have Norton Premiere 2009 installed but it is not running because it's disabled in the Startup and Services, per the above.

I've attached a .doc which contains all the errors in the event log. Note that they are in reverse order of occurrence.

A:Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working

Hi wither,

Firstly, congratulations on getting your Power User badge!

How long has this problem been going on for?

Try this:

SFC Scan
Open the start menuIn the search box, type cmdRight click on cmd and select Run as administratorIn command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow
Let it run and let me know if it finds any Integrity Violations
Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294468-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm new I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I wasn't sure where to post it I have a Dell Inspiron Windows Home Premium Bit This message on my computer keeps coming up in one window it says Host process for windows services has stopped working Windows is collecting more information about the problem this might take several minutes It's a gray bar It never loads another window is also open that says Do you want to send more information about the problem I click on view details and this comes up I copied and pasted this Files that help describe the problem C Users King Services Help For stopped Windows Host Process working has David AppData Local Temp WERD E tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp appcompat txt C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp hdmp Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US Help Host Process For Windows Services has stopped working erofflps txt I click send information and it goes away and comes back a little while later When I click cancel or the x it goes away and comes back a little while later also If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it Thank you davidms

A:Help Host Process For Windows Services has stopped working

Hi -

Try these 3 places for additional information -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

#2 & #3 would likely be more helpful to ID the crash itself; #1 may have additional details.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194006-help-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

After a while - sometimes immediately after startup and sometimes after a few minutes or an hour, I get the error message "Host process for windows services stopped working". After a while I am unable to open IE9 or it says "not responding" and I can't do anything with a link.

I have run malwarebytes quick scan and full scan in both normal and safe mode. I ran Spybot. I am also getting random web pages - an example is dailyconsumerguide.com, so I ran Ad-aware and now I get "Ad-watch live! has blocked svchost.ext from connecting to a malicious website" I let the various software get rid of the errors they found.

It's better, but I am still getting hung up eventually.

I appreciate any assistance.

momgbb

A:Host process for windows services stopped working

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic352797.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352536/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/
Relevancy 52.03%

host process for windows services stopped working and has closed I saw about pages of comments of people having this problem I have been having it also but it has gotten worse recently I have a majic jack so that I can communicate with friends and family in the U S so my laptop has to be on all the time I have a Acer Aspire - g DDR G HDD AMD Turion x with windows vista home premium When I first got this I had very little problem other than a way to sensitive mouse pad That alone can make me really crazy but this problem with host process is really becoming a pain I had quit using IE and was using Firefox but that has crashed a lot lately so today I downloaded Safari and what a difference Much faster and so far no crashing but I haven t used it after this problem My laptop has the SP update which wasn t fun either After I did the first update to sp Host working process services windows stopped for I had to wipe out my laptop and re-install everything If anyone finds a fix for this I d love Host process for windows services stopped working to Host process for windows services stopped working know my husband just bought a new laptop and he s getting the same thing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working.898673/
Relevancy 52.03%

I started getting this message after I replaced my hard drive and installed a new versions of vista ultimate 32bit. it goes on to say "A problem caused the application to stop working correctly windows will notify you when a solution is available"

The only thing not working properly is my Maxtor One Touch external. i have emailed with them they ran me through things from their end no luck.

Could this error be effecting my Maxtor? the icon shows in the try but is grey should be green. when I click on start/computer it shows the external i can click and drag info. when i push one touch button nothing.

thank you for any help you can provide.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224890-sync-windows-services-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I randomly keep getting this error message usually when I am trying to open a new program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! Here are the details.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47919291
Fault Module Name: fntcache.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6002.18409
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d63bfd5
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000000000004c609
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5e54
Additional Information 2: e564498c8e5cd2ea23b40b0a5b20dd94
Additional Information 3: c992
Additional Information 4: d4afeac32722c7a999744efa07a3c758

A:Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working

I found this description of the fntcache.dll function-

"Windows service that optimizes performance of applications by caching commonly used font data. Applications will start this service if it is not already running."

As such, it seems to me that it would most likely pop up when starting a new application. However, I would think this error should go away after opening the same application two or more times. That's just an uneducated opinion. I've never experienced it.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/302440-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone, its me again and this time i have another problem. I was playing an online game but this keeps popping up during it. Please help me with this! Thanks!

A:Host Process For Windows Services Stopped Working..?

Possibly driver related. What are your 'specs'...Vista version, upgrade/clean install, new hardware/programs added, etc?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123863/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/
Relevancy 52.03%

All Host Working for Windows Services Process Stopped of a sudden I am getting the general Vista error message Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working When that closes a quot helpful quot box pops up and tells me I might have Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working a hard disk problem Ran CHKDSK on the drive no errors Going to the event log I see that when the error message occurs it points to this file AgApplaunch db I don't know if this file is corrupt I checked and it is in the Windows Prefetch directory I have had the system for two years no new changes I first noticed the message a few days ago after I had tried to install two important Vista updates As they were installing the system shut itself off and I started getting the message upon startup If anyone knows a resolution for this problem it would be most appreciated If not two questions Can AgApplaunch be re-installed Either from the web or the Vista disk Is there a better disk check utility in Vista CHKDSK ran for about seconds Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230256-host-process-windows-services-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, so i resolved the BSOD problem from the last thread... at least for now, but i'm still getting this error every so often. It states, "host process for windows services stopped working." I check the problem reports and I get this:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c000071b
Exception Offset: 00088d15
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 0e02
Additional Information 2: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082
Additional Information 3: 0e02
Additional Information 4: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082

I also noticed that windows encounters a problem when checking for updates. Error code: 80072EFE. Any and all help would be appreciated, let me know what information you require.

A:host process for windows services stopped working

I managed to solve the problem on my own. It boiled down to a rootkit infection my PCTools wasn't able to handle. Below is a link to the solution in case anybody comes across the same problem again.

Windows Error 80072EFE & Link Redirect - Tech Support Guy Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153373-host-process-windows-services-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I keep getting this error message and I don't know why or how to fix it. Can you please help me. I have windows vista. Below is what the windows event log for applications says:

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x48034a4c, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000002, process id 0xa48, application start time 0x01c94df6fcf398da.

I don't know what any of that means >.< I have 3 windows of those error messages and I have to keep them open 'cause if I close them they just pop right back up and it's getting annoying

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working.772471/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium and for a several months the computer has been freezing on occasion and I've been getting a message that states that "Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working."  I checked the Event Viewer and it shows the following errors:

- Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider #7031, #7034

- Application Error #1000, #1005

- atapi #11

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

A:Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working

In addition, the Event Viewer also has the following warning:

"Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492646/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/
Relevancy 52.03%

Thats the error message I ve been getting along with multiple hits on AVG in some windows temp files and different pop up unders Windows Update and for services Host windows stopped Process working. has Malware Bytes aren t able to be run it seems even with the renaming trick Running windows vista home premium sp I ve seen some things on HJT that looked suspect and have attempted to repair it myself to no avail My current HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Host Process for windows services has stopped working. nvvsvc exe C Windows Host Process for windows services has stopped working. system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C Program Files AVG AVG Host Process for windows services has stopped working. avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows TEMP system exe c program files internet explorer wmpscfgs exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Hijack This HiJackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO no name - f d - b - cc -a d -ae dd d c - jasoreje dll file missing O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run SnapfishMediaDetector C Program Files Snapfish Media Detector SnapfishMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM R... Read more

A:Host Process for windows services has stopped working.

After a couple crashes, a startup repair and a system retore to a point the day before, I'm finally able to get back online, though only in safe mode.

I have an updated log, since I'm sure a couple things have changed

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:08:39 AM, on 3/11/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18865)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Hijack This\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O1 - Hosts: 78.46.44.76 l2authd.lineage2.com
O2 - BHO: C:\Windows\system32\b8jjiw9vca.dll - {A3BA40A2-74F1-52BD-F434-00B15A2C8953} - C:\Windows\system32\b8jjiw9vca.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {e24259b0-19fc-402c-af08-b7638f1993e4} - liwinise.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ATLAS Toolbar - {3C6301ED-0F78-4AF2-8150-D9C052361A8E} - C:\Program Files\ATLAS V13\ATLIECP.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KbdStub.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SnapfishMediaDetector] C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jiwobahoyi] Rundll32.exe "jisaleyu.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [VeohPlugin] "C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Remote System Protection] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\b8jjiw9vca.dll, HUI_proc
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [asg984jgkfmgasi8ug98jgkfgfb] C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\svchost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Shockwave Updater] C:\Windows\System32\Adobe\SHOCKW~1\SWHELP~2.EXE -Update -1103472 -"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)" -"http://a.kongregate.com/games/tmb_steve/merlins-revenge-3/frame/1264697583764/?username=strade22&user_id=2784919&game_auth_token=3cb73032e80a12b5cf6ffd449d1fbeb30cc30d252c6637f241f8469a195c49ae"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [gdf498gtudsigjnsod8guifjgfhfhf] C:\Windows\TEMP\n1vkp5.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [asg984jgkfmgasi8ug98jgkfgfb] C:\Windows\TEMP\svchost.exe (User �... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working.909275/
Relevancy 52.03%

after reading through all of the old replies to this thread i can t believe that NO solution was ever reached i noticed something was wrong a few days ago when one of my programs Advanced Registry Optimizer no longer works when i click on it instead i get an error message saying setup uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will has working windows services stopped process host close the program and notify you if a solution is available i also have been getting quot windows services hot windows services host process has stopped working process has stopped working and will shut down quot i ve done a couple of system restores driver backup uninstalls and registry backup restores all to now avail and everything was working so well for the last few months since i inherited this HP laptop from a dear friend who passed on last october UGH why is it the only permanent solution to all this madness always points windows services host process has stopped working to buying a MAC there s gotta be a better way than lining bill gates pockets after having to update to a new version of WINDOWS i guess they think we re all lemmings huh nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

My parent's computer is getting this error Stopped Host Working Process for has Services Windows all the time now If I close out of the error message within a minute max it pops back up Host Process for Windows Services has Stopped Working The Problem Details says Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name svchost exe Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name StackHash ad Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Host Process for Windows Services has Stopped Working Offset Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information ad Additional Information a ad ee b cff f fb b Additional Information b ae Additional Information ce f c cc e d a ee ff I went into the Event Viewer and found the errors and under General in the Event Viewer they all say Faulting application svchost exe version time stamp x b faulting module unknown version time stamp x exception code xc fault offset x process id x application start time x cde c ff b Under Details in the Event Viewer it says - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer HOME-PC Security - EventData svchost exe b unknown c cde c ff b Anyone have any ideas Thanks for checking

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-680946.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am currently getting a host process for windows services has stopped working it seems to come up when i reboot my computer and whenever i try to do anything on my computer that has to do with security I hit the close button and then retry what i did has host working process for stopped services windows and it doesnt seem to effect anything The computer is a HP pavilion i bought it in august at CompUSA and they are going out of business and wont be of any help I have host process for windows services has stopped working tried everything from my knowledge and brought it to the Information Technology at my school They cant figure it out and im fed up I brought it to best buy and talked to Geek Squad to see if they could diagnose it The gentleman said that it is a processor error He said that you need a system fix disk that only licensed people can have He said that i have processors and only work cause one is corrupt Bst Buy wants dollars to fix it If anyone is having the same problem or knows a way to fix it PLEASE reply back and help me out i am so fed up with computers and this whole ordeal that i am trying my hardest to figure it out Thank you everyone nbsp

A:host process for windows services has stopped working

I highly doubt the problem stems from a hardware issue. Chances are there is a software program on your computer that doesn't get along with Vista! And yes, even if the only software on your machine was factory installed, it still could be Vista non-compatible. Many of you XP users will remember the hassles that Roxio ez-cd caused even though machines were pumped out with an XP incompatible version.

For a clue as to what the problem is, check the Event Viewer (Control Panel - Admin Tools - Event Viewer). Post your error codes here and we may be able to help. By the way, try updating your drivers and be sure you have the latest Microsoft essential updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working.683987/
Relevancy 52.03%

I keep on getting this problem:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4b18b14e Fault Module Name: svchost.exe Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Fault Module Timestamp: 4b18b14e Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000019fc OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8c7b Additional Information 2: a2b27670b4f4d59fb0605ee22364f434 Additional Information 3: d559 Additional Information 4: 7b628a1133c3556e3e024ce42cbb1cdaRead our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409And after I close the window, another one comes up after 2-3 minutes. It's irritating, and I have the slight suspicion that it's connected to my odd internet, and this Blue Screen I'm getting.EDIT: Moved from Vista to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318469/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Process Windows Host for Services Working Stopped All Twice tonight I ve had an error message pop up complaining that a quot Host Process for windows services stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify when a solution is available quot The first time I thought nothing of it but the second time has left my task bar in Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working an old format as if Vista Aero has broken or something In the Problem Reports and SOlutions I believe it to be what is referred to as IP Helper with the following details Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name svchost exe iphlpsvc Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cb Exception Offset bae Exception Code c d Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Does anyone know what s causing this Cheers Xar nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi First post on the forum so be gentle I m posting this as my wife s laptop Dell has been performing very slowly and giving a number of error messages including the title plus quot The service cannot accept control messages at this time quot Looking at Task Manager there seems to be a lot of processes running at the start and there also appears to be loads of activity I ve run CC cleaner a few times and it did find a number of issues in the registry I fixed these but the problem didn t go away Initially I was unable to run Hijackthis but managed to get it to run Host working windows etc for process services stopped after a bit of tinkering I m running Spyware Doctor with Anti-virus v I did find a ref to nvvsvc exe on a web site and I stopped this process in Task Manager and changed the sleep option Not sure if this has worked yet The laptop is Host process for windows services stopped working etc running pretty slow and something seems amiss Any clues from the Hijackthis log Any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows Host process for windows services stopped working etc System smss exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system services exeC Windows system lsass exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system winlogon exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system aestsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Windows system STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor TFEngine TFService exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar PreserveR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com f... Read more

A:Host process for windows services stopped working etc

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306364/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-etc/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm new I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I wasn't sure where stopped Process for Services Help has working Host Please Windows to post it I have a Dell Inspiron Windows Home Premium Please Help Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working Bit This message on my computer keeps coming up in one window it says Host process for Please Help Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working windows services has stopped working Windows is collecting more information about the problem this might take several minutes It's a gray bar It never loads another window is also open that says Do you want to send more information about the problem I click on view details and this comes up I copied and pasted this Files that help describe the problem C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERD E tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp appcompat txt C Users King David AppData Local Temp WERE tmp hdmp Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I click send information and it goes away and comes back a little while later When I click cancel or the x it goes away and comes back a little while later also If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it Thank you davidms

A:Please Help Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working

This page claims a fix for it:
How to fix “Host Process for Windows Services Has Stopped Working” | Web Talk

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/193999-please-help-host-process-windows-services-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ok, so everyone is clear. I know how to enable sharing through users and networks. that's not my issue. my issue that when I select more than one folder to do a quick share with through the share with tab, it disappears. so im forced to do one folder at a time. I used to be able to select as many folders as I wanted and use the quick share option. any ideas?

thank you for your time.

A:Sharing options aren't working properly

i ended up figuring it out. it was an incorrect graphic driver that windows updated. I deleted the driver and download the manufacturer drive that I usually get. fixed all issues with the replacement driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328646-sharing-options-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I had this same problem happen in January and was given awesome advice to fix with command prompt, but I cant find it because it was closed. It would not go online wirelessly (still dont) so I did a system restore, now it wont undo system retore, or bring up windows update or many other programs. I was trying to find the command prompt details that we're given to me 2 months ago with no luck. I am running windows 7 home premium.

A:did system restore and now certain programs aren''t working

Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD icon in the results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /F and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart your computer. Check Disk will run at next bootup and check any files.
Also in the Elevated Command prompt you can type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing files.
If you still can't connect wirelessly, go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click devmgmt icon and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed.
What is the make and model # of your computer? On an internet computer, go to the Manufacturers support/download drivers site. Type in your make and model # and download the Chipset and WiFi network adapter driver and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/did-system-restore-and-now-certain-programs-arent-working-691109.html