Windows Support Forum

skype access program

Q: skype access program

hello

I am trying to run skype but after recently downloading the new version I now get following message

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item
Any ideas to solve
Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/260401-skype-access-program.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: skype access program

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

lve got this weird issue thats started happening recently.. basically when l click the program update option it states there is always an update, when l click download the window closes... and nothing happens.

l did try reinstalling but l still have the issue afterwards.. l did also notice that skype doesnt start with windows any more either, so l added it to the startup folder as l tend to forget to manually start it for some weird reason.

anyone else experienced this issue under windows 7? l would also find it useful to remove it from the take bar as ld much prefer it to run from the notication area to remove clutter.

A:Skype program updating

Hi Timeless,
Could this have something to do with your firewall? Have you done any changes lately?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/87333-skype-program-updating.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
This started yesterday, when I was talking to my dad on Skype I realized that all I had was the microphone program that came with the computer. Somehow the FrontMic program that came when I downloaded Skype is gone and I don't know how to get FrontMic back onto my laptop.

Please help! Thank you if you do help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-frontmic-program-is-gone-i-cant-talk-w-mic-on-skype-386038.html
Relevancy 50.31%

How and where do I setup in Skype settings so that when a person calls me, it would automatic answer without needing to click answer?

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Skype program for Windows

I think this option is no longer there, as I did search for this for a long time. It was present in older versions of skype.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-skype-program-for-windows-949578.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I updated to Windows with a clean installation and with Microphone too Skype program quiet it's all working very well nbsp I have the lastest Realtek HD Audio drivers installed Realtek High-Definition HD Audio Driver v A The microphone is working well with Voice Recorder Resolving Microphone Problems Microphone too quiet with Skype program Windows which I have worked through nbsp My issue is to do with Skype but it's also linked to the hardware software Windows nbsp Windows comes with Skype Video as an App which requires a Microsoft Account to use it nbsp I already had a Skype account Microphone too quiet with Skype program which I seemed unable to link to my Microsoft Account Skype Video app and nor did I want to not least because it was lnked to a different email address nbsp I just don't like that level of integration and wanted to use Skype as a standalone Windows program nbsp I read about removing Skype Video via Windows Powershell as an Administrator user and I typed in the following commands based on a Google search Skype Video amp Messaging Get-AppxPackage Messaging Remove-AppxPackagePhone Get-AppxPackage CommsPhone Remove-AppxPackageGet Skype Get-AppxPackage skypeapp Remove-AppxPackage nbsp Then I downloaded the Skype program for Windows v nbsp Microphone too quiet with Skype program However I adjust the microphone settings e g automatic manual level setting on the Echo Sound Test Service the microphone is so low that I can hardly hear what I say nbsp I can hear the person I am calling very clearly nbsp I note that in Settings Privacy Microphone Skype doesn't appear as an app to grant access to of course the Skype Video app did nbsp Has anyone else had this problem nbsp What can I do to resolve it nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Microphone-too-quiet-with-Skype-program/td-p/5731841
Relevancy 49.45%

Well I m probably sticking my foot in it again but here goes I m inquiring as to the possibility of somehow combining Gtalk and Skype in to one application to ease the load on our CPU s Skype has it s ups and so does does Gtalk and they are also two commercially different products However Skype is yet to offer an email client so in the meantime for those of us wanting the best of both worlds we have to run separate programs Not a biggy until you try to keep an into be to Gtalk and app? combined program it Skype Would possible a create that one eye on whose online or not in both programs FYI it takes up a lot of desktop property My question is Without breaching either Skype of Google s proprietary Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app? licencing would it be possible to create a program that at the very least combines the two interfaces together if not the actual programs I know that Skype can take a peak into you Google contacts and find out if someone in that contact list is on Skype but conversely why can t Google peak into Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app? your Skype contacts and find that person in Gtalk Now Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app? granted if you have someone s Skype profile then you should already know there email but it would still be a nice feature wouldn t it So already Skype is allowed some freedom in Googles turf but there hasn t been any move yet from any open-source developer to roll these problems together into a nice jam-rolly-polly But is it actually possible nbsp

A:Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app?

Plenty of the universal chat clients include Google Talk but I have yet to see one that includes Skype. Doesn't look like Pidgin or Trillian can do it and those are two of the major Universal IM clients. Was reading about Kopete. It might be able to do it with an extra plugin but I am not sure from reading the documentation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-it-be-possible-to-create-a-program-that-combined-skype-and-gtalk-into-one-app.964008/
Relevancy 49.45%

Skype install failed with APPCRASH. Ran Skype uninstall from appwiz.cpl. Also tried File Assassin, Microsoft fix-it and revo. I have set all related permissions to Full Control; and the pesky thing still will not grant me access. Can any one please help?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My best to everyone.
Looking forward to a reply that may work.
Sincerely, Myron P

A:Cannot delete Skype program folder after uninstall

Try booting into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key when the computer is booting up and choosing Safe Mode with Networking, so you can still do research and reply to this post while in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, try navigating to the folder in Windows Explorer and deleting it.

Make sure that the Skype process is not running.

Reply if you need help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515002/cannot-delete-skype-program-folder-after-uninstall/
Relevancy 49.02%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello ...somebody could help me I am trying to access my skype account on a laptop but I can not get it, however I do on a desktop PC with the iPod and there is no problem. That I can do?       

A:I can't access to my skype account?

Hi, What happens when you try to access the skype account on the laptop. Doesn it give any error messages? Also try this..login to skype on the desktop and click sign out.Once you are signed out then try to login again in the laptop and check what happens..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-can-t-access-to-my-skype-account/td-p/1366685
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all I m using my mobile phone Sony Ericsson G as a modem I use a pre-paid card When I connect to the access but Internet, Can't Skype works! Internet using dial-up or something like that I m not sure it s dial-up it connects and I will obtain an IP It will start to receive packets but very slowly and totally randomly Sometimes bytes per hour sometimes even less sometimes more I can t browse or use this Internet connection in any way But when I start Skype it starts to receive packets very fast and Skype works I can chat and talk and everything So can someone help me or Can't access Internet, but Skype works! at least give me some information - how does Skype connects to the Internet bypassing the operators redirection lets say wap Can't access Internet, but Skype works! operator com page page html Because every time I want to connect somewhere it redirects to that page but Skype bypasses it Thanks I hope you can understand my bad explanation and English Feel free to ask more questions Thanks again nbsp

A:Can't access Internet, but Skype works!

We don't assist in bypassing legal network restrictions, perhaps you need to read the TSG Rules a second time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-internet-but-skype-works.943957/
Relevancy 47.73%

My aunt has set up a computer in her small shop and communicates several times every day with her salesgirl through Skype, but she wants to prevent the salesgirl from accessing the internet with the exception of Skype without having to use a firewall or a router.

Any suggestions on how to do so would be greatly appreciated.

A:How to block all access to internet, except Skype?

Well, you've eliminated all the easy ways. If this is XP-Pro or one of the business editions of Vista, you could use Group Policy to prohibit the use of any browser.

Why not just use a firewall?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-block-all-access-to-internet-except-skype.854538/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I've had trouble with my PC since i've moved to IE9. I have eventually worked out that I can access the internet via IE9 64 bit shortcut but other programmes like skype, i tunes tell me that I'm not connected to the internet, even though the diagnostics show that I am - I'm completely stuck! does anyone hae any ideas on how to open internet access again. thanks

A:internet access for skype and i tunes

Can you try to do a system restore ? or try to uninstall IE 9 and check.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/292265-internet-access-skype-i-tunes.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm connected to the router and my laptop says i have internet access. My skype works just fine however Chrome and IE won't bring up pages and a game i play called League of Legends says it can't connect. It was working earlier today with no problem and my father's computer seems to be just fine. By the way im typing this off my ipod which has internet just fine.

Please help.

A:Internet Access however browsers don't work yet skype does.

can we see an ipconfig /all and pings tests - you will need to copy onto a working PC

what firewall / security suite do you have on the PC - Norton, mcafee etc

how are you connected by cable or wireless ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-however-browsers-dont-work-yet-skype-does.1032138/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello On Sunday I woke up to learn somebody had accessed my Skype account changed my password and changed the email address associated with the account Then they had charged a large sum of money from my associated credit card to the account - and I found out later made two short calls to a mobile phone in Access hack 'social or engineering'? Zero Skype - Egypt I went through Skype's account recovery process successfully Skype say they will retore the money I lost - and I have my account back I only use Skype on my notebook PC and my iPhone Skype hack - Zero Access or 'social engineering'? I hadn't entered my password on either device for many weeks Skype was permanently logged on I'm using Windows I hadn't seen any evidence of malware on my PC - but I did the following Stopped using PC for the meantime and changed all my web passwords using another notebook Apple Scanned PC using Avira - no threats found Downloaded latest Kasspersky TDSSKiller and ran in safe mode - no threats Updated Malwarebytes and then ran in safe mode - threats found Malwarebytes quarantined four files and several folders which it identified as a Zero Access Trojan Donwloaded Hitman pro and ran in safe mode - no threats except PUPs Ran Hitman pro again in normal mode this time - no threats Ran Malwarebytes again in safe mode - no threats Downloaded and ran Symantec's Zero Access removal tool - no threats My PC exhibited exhibits three odd behaviours When I first suspected malware I opened System Restore and found no available restore points This has never happened to me before My hard drive is very full around GB free However I had not ignored any alerts telling me that System Restore was not able to work I am now able to create new System Restore points If I enter Safe Mode With Networking I can't get online I have tried both using wifi and plugging the lan cable in directly and cannot connect I can connect fine in normal mode Sometimes booting up I get a Please Wait box between putting in my windows password and the desktop appearing I don't remember that happening before - but I may be wrong about that So I am now wondering if it's safe to start using the PC again I've had conflicting advice from friends It'll be fine and Rebuild it It seems that some people believe Skype hacks can easily be 'socially engineered' - by telling Skype's customer support that you've lost a password and changed an email address etc The email address associated with my Skype account was the same before the sign as my Skype name which in retrospect seems like a weakness So perhaps the Skype issue has nothing to do with the Trojan I have googled zero access with skype and nothing comes up I asked Skype how it had happened and they blamed it on Malware No surprises about that Thanks for your help

A:Skype hack - Zero Access or 'social engineering'?

The best removal for 0access is to post an FRST log.Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573908/skype-hack-zero-access-or-social-engineering/
Relevancy 47.3%

I can access all my browsers but things like Skype and Steam won't open I was having a problem with a program yesterday that unpacked in the temp folder incorrectly and I have been trying to fix that since then I had to work yesterday or I would have resorted to something like this much sooner I am told that my hard drive needs repaired when I try to do a system restore on it to before I had the problem but I do scan and repair and it does nothing I have done scan and repair several times and right now I am using avast for my virus protection and I turned off my firewalls so those aren't a problem I am running a scan with avast right now for the full system but I'm not positive if it will bring up the error so that I can fix it I don't have a restore disk it didn't come with one when I got it and it is set to only do a refresh or recovery with a restore disk after I sent it to the company for a problem that it would randomly shut off when not plugged in and was fully charged I

A:I can access browsers but Skype and steam won't open

If your using both metro versions, try the desktop version...

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/51731-i-can-access-browsers-but-skype-steam-wont-open.html
Relevancy 47.3%

For the past while I've been struggling to connect to the internet through a browser (IE/Chrome) but other applications like Skype and Steam are still able to connect fine and I can access the internet fine through them. Infrequently I manage to connect through a browser but it can just stop working randomly and I can't figure out why. It more frequently occurs when I've just started up my computer but today for example I left it on to do a download but I came home to discover that it had lost internet connection. I can play games online and connect through other clients but browsers persistently fail.

Has anybody else have the same problem or know a way to fix it? I've tried looking for a fix but all the methods that worked for most others fail to work for me. If anyone can find a fix I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Olly

A:I can access the internet through Skype/Steam but not through browsers

Try deleting history and even resetting to default settings on the browsers. Check if you have an antivirus that might be blocking your browsers from connecting. Have you installed any new programs recently that might affect the browsers?

Also, when you say you had lost internet connection, was that with the browser or some other application?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/232083-i-can-access-internet-through-skype-steam-but-not-through-browsers.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there I constantly firefox trying trojan and rlvknlg.exe skype access to crashing genetik am desperate to get this fixed as firefox keeps crashing This is a PC I have inherited from a colleague and I have rlvknlg.exe genetik trojan constantly trying to access skype and crashing firefox no idea how the rlvknlg exe got on here It is causing me a nightmare with constant pop ups in skype and firefox crashing and just being slow in general DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Darren at rlvknlg.exe genetik trojan constantly trying to access skype and crashing firefox on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files RelevantKnowledge rlservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Mindjet MindManager MmReminderService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Task Solutions Checklist Checklist exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe c program files relevantknowledge rlvknlg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Darren Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO CmjBrowserHelperObject Object a d - d - fea-a - b d a a - c program files mindjet mindmanager Mm InternetExplorer dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer e a b-d - -ad - b ee - c progra flashfxp IEFlash dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRun Messenger Yahoo quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMesseng... Read more

A:rlvknlg.exe genetik trojan constantly trying to access skype and crashing firefox

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

The file noted is associated with RelevantKnowledge, which usually gets installed alongside other applications, such as video codecs, and sometimes, with user consent.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Start > Control Panel, click on Uninstall a Program. Uninstall the following

RelevantKnowledge

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/rlvknlg-exe-genetik-trojan-constantly-trying-to-access-skype-and-crashing-firefox-424569.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Using Netgear router. Wireless connection indicates connected. Both IE and Firefox cannot connect. Skype and Yahoo Messenger can connect.

A:No internet access on wireless network. Skype and Yahoo Messenger work.

Hi

My wireless router sometiimes locks up and wont let HTTP traffic through, MSN and the like work fine, i fiind a hard reboot sorts it out nicely...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-on-wireless-network-skype-and-yahoo-messenger-work.115195/
Relevancy 45.58%

Yeah So basically I m here to explain the problem I ve been having with my laptop These crazy pop-ups that have WinAntiVirus Pro and keeps trying to install itself onto my laptop I try to get rid of it by using Ad-aware and Spybot S amp D - First It says it s gone but it still pops up every now and then Now Lately There s been a exe s called quot win tmp exe quot and quot win tmp exe quot in my Temp folder that s been trying to reach a connection - but my firewall blocks the connection it s trying to make My firewall program has this exe s called quot Microsoft Mediaload quot and quot Universa Application quot I have no clue on what these exe s do Then I tried looking up for newer spyware malware programs and found hijack this I included! Help! [HijackThis program my keeps access program trying log Mysterious to did a scan and a log So I m gonna try my luck here and see if you people can help me Thanks -------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Help! Mysterious program keeps trying to access my program [HijackThis log included! WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files FireFly WinDeBug exe C Program Files FireFly Serpent Exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe Help! Mysterious program keeps trying to access my program [HijackThis log included! C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Visioneer OneTouch OneTouchMon exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS TEMP win tmp exe C Documents and Settings Christine Moua Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusche... Read more

A:Help! Mysterious program keeps trying to access my program [HijackThis log included!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-mysterious-program-keeps-trying-to-access-my-program-hijackthis-log-included.484860/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I opened a topic on security and I've been told that it's best for me to follow the malware removal guide and open a topic here I've been getting this weird attempt and tried a few ways of dealing with the issue with no success All the previous scans revealed some suspicious programs but we were unable to find anything related to the issue I've followed the guide so on Antivirus blocking access Skype-soft keeps startup internet affiliate Eset here are the logs that the Frst produced Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Adrian administrator on ADRIAN-I - - Running from D Adrian Escritorio Loaded Profiles Adrian Available Profiles Adrian amp nx Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language Espa ol Espa a internacional Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr Eset Antivirus keeps blocking Skype-soft affiliate internet access on startup exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe D Archivos de programas x Drakonia Configurator hid exe Nitro PDF Software C Program Files Common Files Nitro Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService x exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe NoMachine D Archivos de programas x NoMachine bin nxdeviced exe NoMachine D Archivos de programas x NoMachine bin nxdisplay exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc D Archivos de programas x Google Chrome Application chrome exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe D Archivos de programas x Drakonia Configurator trayicon exe NoMachine D Archivos de programas x NoMachine bin nxfsd exe Piriform Ltd D Archivos de programas CClean rer exe NoMachine D Archivos de programas x NoMachine bin nxusbd exe NoMachine D Archivos de programas x NoMachine bin nxnode bin C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corp... Read more

A:Eset Antivirus keeps blocking Skype-soft affiliate internet access on startup

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: igfxdev.dll [X]
GroupPolicyScripts: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @pandonetworks.com/PandoWebPlugin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Pando Networks\Media Booster\npPandoWebPlugin.dll [No File]
FF Plugin HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000: pandonetworks.com/PandoWebPlugin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Pando Networks\Media Booster\npPandoWebPlugin.dll [No File]
CHR Plugin: (Native Client) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\46.0.2490.86\ppGoogleNaClPluginChrome.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Chrome PDF Viewer) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\46.0.2490.86\pdf.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Google Update) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.21.153\npGoogleUpdate3.dll => No File
CHR Extension: (agar.io server browser) - C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hongpdkjnjhijmdnogoicadboadgllhi [2015-06-11]
S3 EagleX64; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\EagleX64.sys [X]
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{0F22A205-CFB0-4679-8499-A6F44A80A208}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.25.5\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{1423F872-3F7F-4E57-B621-8B1A9D49B448}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.27.5\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{355EC88A-02E2-4547-9DEE-F87426484BD1}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.23.9\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{5C8C2A98-6133-4EBA-BBCC-34D9EA01FC2E}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.28.1\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{78550997-5DEF-4A8A-BAF9-D5774E87AC98}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.28.13\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{90B3DFBF-AF6A-4EA0-8899-F332194690F8}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.24.15\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{C3BC25C0-FCD3-4F01-AFDD-41373F017C9A}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.26.9\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{D0336C0B-7919-4C04-8CCE-2EBAE2ECE8C9}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.25.11\psuser_64.dll => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-199812834-1161120735-512373414-1000_Classes\CLSID\{FE498BAB-CB4C-4F88-AC3F-3641AAAF5E9E}\InprocServer32 -> C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.3.24.7\psuser_64.dll => No File
Task: {79210BD2-214A-4D49-991D-E2CD1EA5D698} - System32\Tasks\SteamClient => C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Steam\SteamHelper.exe [2015-10-09] (Valve Corporation ) <==== ATTENTION
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Adrian\Cookies:RCT35ut3GdFt4qsmkISTwWmtPn
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Local\x0rTAH0mFHgFTC:yAqTeJwmC6Hs2CVQF9CeRHyW4yXrZ
C:\User... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596784/eset-antivirus-keeps-blocking-skype-soft-affiliate-internet-access-on-startup/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, but here goes:

So I've finally upgraded to Win7x86 Pro. But I've noticed something kinda odd. I've found that some programs' configuration settings are not being saved. I've also noticed that in each instance, the configs are being stored in appdata/roaming or in the "program files" subdirectories for the given app.

What to do besides installing all my software outside "program files"? And what to do about programs that save configs in appdata?

I'm pretty sure something can be done in Security (I'm familiar with setting permissions/ownership/etc, but I'd rather not tinker until someone drops me a line on this).

I'm an experienced user, so I'll probably get any instructions easily, so don't feel the need to over-explain =)

Thanks so much for reading, and thanks for the help!

-Wolf

A:Program Access in Appdata; Program Files

Hi, welcome to the new world of computing what you see is by design and very effective it is too. I could wear my fingers out trying to explain how this works and why I support it, however, easier if I just give you a link:- (references Vista applies to Seven as well)

Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-access-in-appdata-program-files-598728.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday I noticed that I couldn't launch a program since my computer couldn't find the file quot LIBEAY dll quot and checked what could cause this Then I noticed that from most program Can't programs (x86)/Program/ProgramData access my antivirus quot System Center Endpoint Protection quot wasn't running tried to start it but no matter what methods I tried I could not launch it The only thing that happens is that I get an error saying that it couldn't find quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot The same happens when Can't access most programs from program (x86)/Program/ProgramData I try to run Windows Defender I can't uninstall most programs from my computer since all that happens are that Windows Installer tells me quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable quot which prevents me from installing another antivirus to check if that can solve the problem I did manage to install Advanced System Care pro but after a scan and repair the problem is still unsolved All folders in C is quot read only quot and I've tried setting myself as owner and give me full authority to every file on the computer a few hundred thousand files didn't set me as owner unless i did it file by file only dll files in different as far as I know C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared ink InkDIV dll for example remove the read only and nothing changes I noticed that an unknown user named quot S- - - - quot had access to most of these files Don't know if this has anything to do with it googled around on this and it may be malicious I've been trying some other things that I can't recall at the moment but if anyone knows what the problem could be has a solution to it I would be very happy I have this problem on my Lenovo Thinkpad T with Windows Enterprice x If any more information is needed please ask

A:Can't access most programs from program (x86)/Program/ProgramData

I think your system is has been damaged by a malware program,that removed some of your program/system files and know the computer can't run those programs without those lost files. You should try to restore your computer to an earlier time,or reinstall windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/377887-cant-access-most-programs-program-x86-program-programdata.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows 7 32 Bitand Skype 5.0 new version of Skype no more freezing lost other topic. I am so happy finally skype works on Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-32-bitand-skype-5-0-new-version-of-skype-no-more-freezing-lost-other-topic.155047/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear I noticed that skype has send to all skype in skype send to scan cannot - account spam skype safety contacts all page load contacts a certain link to one contact even multiply links this all happens on the same day th december from - I haven't seen any spam send anymore after that Skype support told me to reset my password I did and to download safety scanner from microsoft they proviced me with the link spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan when I try to open the link the browser cannot load the page it is stuck in a loop sometimes I see a page but just for a second or even less then mostly white page and browser keeps trying to load the page and in chrome a little shield symbol on the right side of the address bar says that it's trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources this message dissappears very quickly I have skype installed on two laptops and on my smartphone iphone The problem I told about is on one laptop that has no antivirus I did not yet checked the other laptop if the microsoft page opens or not but I do have bitdefender internet security paid installed on the second laptop I want to be sure the laptop that has the problem is virusfree Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Momo Beheerder op MOMOSONYLAPTOP - - Gestart vanaf C Users Momo Desktop Geladen Profielen Momo Beschikbare Profielen Momo amp Nora amp MomoSurf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Reservation Manager AMD Reservation Manager exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe Paramount Software UK Ltd C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Atheros Communications C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe PIXELA CORPORATION C Program Files x PIXELA VideoBrowser CameraMonitor exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Evernote Corp Walnut St... Read more

A:spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan

I downloaded the safety scanner from microsoft from my other laptop without any issue.

copied it to a usb, put it on the problem laptop, a full scan and nothing found.

I realize I did had a antivirus paid version (kaspersky internet securuity) on the laptop, as I first said that it had no antivirus.

I only disabled it because it had problems running.

Now I enabled it, updated it and run a full scan. nothing found.

I don't know if skype is the cause and not a virus?  the skype workers told me that the cause could be anything (email, virus on computer).

I mostly use skype on iphone, and here I'm confused with what the skype workers said: one said that iphone can not be infected, so no need to check the iphone.
an other said: you can download an app from app store to scan for viruses, because it is possible that the virus is on the iphone.

This is really not clear anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600944/spam-send-in-skype-account-to-all-skype-contacts-cannot-load-page-safety-scan/
Relevancy 44.29%

skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do not seem instead shows a small null icon, well what to do to be seen ?

A:skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do

Hello Ise,

You might see if creating a new shortcut for it directly from the .exe file of Skype may work instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230884-skype-runs-ok-my-vista-home-basic-32bit-but-icon-shortcut-skype-desktop-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 8.1. I installed Skype in my typical folders of "c:\programs" (I never install in "program files" unless program is forced to do so. All associated files should be, as they are coded, in "C:\Users\main\AppData\Roaming\Skype."My question....Will uninstalling the Metro Skype from its (memory hogging, fake) desktop affect, in anyway, my actual Skype (including logs)?Thank you.I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

A:Uninstall Windows 8 Metro Skype Affect Regular Skype?

Well for starters you shouldn't really install two versions of Skype on the same PC.Uninstall both, then install the version you prefer.Accept the default install location as I can see no good reason for doing otherwise.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/uninstall-windows-8-metro-skype-affect-regular-skype/1784.html
Relevancy 43.86%
A:Denied Access To Set Program Access And Defaults By Rundll32.exe

Hi and welcome.rundll32.exe is a process which executes DLL's and places their libraries into the memory, so they can be used more efficiently by applications. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.Note: rundll32.exe is a process registered as a backdoor vulnerability which may be installed for malicious purposes by an attacker allowing access to your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.This is strange, this might be a malware or it might just be some promblem with the rundll32.exeI would run a scan and see what the scanners find. DON'T remove rundll32.exe, because it is most likely a legitimate file.Regards,ExtremeboyGreat that you figured it out. Can you tell us how you fixed the promblem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147246/denied-access-to-set-program-access-and-defaults-by-rundll32exe/
Relevancy 43.86%

I've experienced some problems and discomfort with skype for win - not able to show screen - terrible design - very slow response i e when I click RMB the menu shows up in works Skype 8 terribly, worse is Win desktop for Skype for several seconds and I expect to see it immideately - doesn't understand links to skype chat like skype chat amp blob blahblahblah when I click it nothing happens I've also Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse tried skype for desktop it was even worse - when I changed online status Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse to invisible i've also tried with N A skype stopped to receive and send messages - when this or another error occurs I try to kill skype process via task manager TM then firstly says that skype is not responding so i am trying to kill process after that TM stops responding as well So when i've tried skype for desktop i had to reboot my laptop about times in a day Now I've installed skype from Store back but I still need to go to skype chat Could anyone please help me either make skype x x work on win or enter the chat which i need Here's my system http i imgur com Fu f png Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18920-skype-win-8-works-terribly-skype-desktop-worse.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Skype asked me to link my account with Hotmail and then wouldn't accept my login. When i tried resetting the password, Skype said it would send the code to my phone, then to my secondary email. i received neither notification and now Skype has locked me out.
Help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445198-had-link-hotmail-skype-accounts-skype-now-not-letting-me-log.html
Relevancy 43%

My skype contacts are missing with newest skype and the support gives me
"Carissa M.
First, ensure that you are signed in with the correct Skype Name." 
Could anyone upload skype 6.1 or lower please... 
Also does anyone know why the skype crashes when trying to login with microsoft account on newest version 6.3.60.105
Thanks 

A:Skype retarded support: Anyone upload Skype 6.1

You can find 6.1 online with a quick google search, such as at http://www.filepuma.com/download/skype_6.1.0.129-2261/For even older versions: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-5-9-0-123Don't have version 6.3 to verify the crash issue using the microsoft log in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489664/skype-retarded-support-anyone-upload-skype-61/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there I have had this error for about Access-Skype GMAIL signs in! works,TOR works, display Webpage-Internet Can't week after I installed uninstalled several VPN services I have internet access on both Local Area Connection and WIFI Can't display Webpage-Internet Access-Skype works,TOR works, GMAIL signs in! but none of my browsers are displaying a webpage Skype works TOR works I am using TOR's default proxy settings to get online with Chrome On Chromes start page it even shows my name as logged into GMAIL before I switched to the TOR proxy settings Here is what I have tried Flushing the DNS release renew ip reset winsock disabled re-enabled both adapters Unistalled reinstalled both network adapters shutoff the firewall booted into safemode removed my antivirus Ran a few scripts lspfix winsock repair windows repair all-in-one tweaknow mini toolbox Run MBAM scan and MSE scan Reset IE to default Cleared proxy setings Re-installed the adapter client service and protocols This is driving me nuts Its got to be something easy that I am missing Any help would be appreciated MINITOOLBOX did these modifications http pastebin com haze gv also attached as txt file

A:Can't display Webpage-Internet Access-Skype works,TOR works, GMAIL signs in!

Also the DNS has been set to Google DNS-servers.
Error: (07/14/2013 05:16:31 PM) (Source: PostgreSQL) (User: )
Description: FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets

Error: (07/14/2013 09:34:57 PM) (Source: cdrom) (User: )
Description: The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

=====

What you can try is to check with Google Chrome Portable (http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable) if you have internet with it. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501136/cant-display-webpage-internet-access-skype-workstor-works-gmail-signs-in/
Relevancy 42.14%

dear you

i was wondering for those have have an internet with download speed of about 250 kb per sec is there a way to force skype to use it all i mean i can watch hd videos on youtube and cant have a stupid straight video chat on skype i dont use my webcam but i still cant get even pixelated video without it breaking and lagging and eventually dropping, its like download for example, downloading with the browser can be slow but if i use internet download manager, it takes full control of internet speed, full access and leaves nothing to the other programs , can that be done with skype?

me

A:Solved: is there anyway to give skype full access to internet with full speed

Youtube buffers video, a live chat isn't buffered.

If your internet speed is 256kb/s you need faster internet service.

See here for more info on internet connection speeds and how to see how much bandwidth Skype is using: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-anyway-to-give-skype-full-access-to-internet-with-full-speed.1141144/
Relevancy 41.28%

Not so much a software support question, but this is the best I could figure it'd go into... but if I have an Office 365 subscription that includes 60 minutes of Skype calling a month, do I still need to purchase a Skype number so people can call me and for people to know who's calling them?

I tested it out as it is right now and when I call my dad's phone, says "Unknown caller."

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/126213-skype-calling-skype-number.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have always used Skype for Desktop and only recently found that there is a Skype Modern App on my system.
From what I have read it would seem the best plan would be to ditch the App and just continue with the desktop version.
Have there been any recent changes that would make the the Modern App a better solution than the Desktop version?

A:Skype for Desktop vs Skype Modern App

They have updated it recently so it doesn't continue to ring even when you have answered the desktop version which is why I uninstalled it in the first place. This means in theory you could install both and answer whichever you felt like at the time.

I prefer the look of the desktop version personally so I never re-installed the Modern App version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48219-skype-desktop-vs-skype-modern-app.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried everything imaginable to get rid of these two.  I can delete Skype via 
control panel, but it comes back and re-installs itself.  
Click to call will not go away.  When I try to use the control panel I get a message that 
says, "close Chrome browsers to uninstall".   I've tried doing that and still get that same message.
I've even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it with the same result.
These two are like a bad dream.   
Any help with completely deleting both would be appreciated.

Regards, 
Len

A:I can't get rid of Skype or Skype Click To Call!!

If you haven't followed the instructions given in link below....try that.
How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

You can also try using Revo in Advanced Mode to remove Skype.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585550/i-cant-get-rid-of-skype-or-skype-click-to-call/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both on my Windows 10 pc and only Skype Preview seems to actually work. What's really weird is I can't find much about either online, so I'm not even sure if Messaging + Skype is being continued or even still functional. Does it require a companion phone app to work? (I use Android). Messaging + Skype can't seem to find any of my Skype contacts while Skype Preview can.
Just really confused on how barebones and non-functional this all seems, even after some Googling. Can anyone shed some light for me?

A:Skype Preview vs. Messaging + Skype

Messaging + skype has been discontinued. Everything will be focused on Skype Preview now
Links: http://www.windowscentral.com/skype-...d-mobile-works http://www.windowscentral.com/messag...versary-update
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438562-skype-preview-vs-messaging-skype.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i've been trying to install Skype for the past few months, and it's failed each time with the same error message: "Could not access network location:." This occurs after the program has downloaded and about a quarter of the way through installing. Skype has never been on this comp before so it's not an update.

incidentally, our other computer, an XP, has the same problem, so idk if it's the program itself, or that both the computers are messed up.

also the hard drive has 11.1 GB free of 105, and i'm using firefox if it helps any. thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-could-not-access-network-location-443212.html
Relevancy 39.13%

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/c...ty/default.htm
Someone thought they were helping me and ran this program, and did the cleanup and registry fixes and now I have nothing. I tried safe mode and restore was able to come up, but one date with no restore at all.
Any suggestions?

A:This program was run on my pc, now I cant access anything

I am getting thid error
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/this-program-was-run-on-my-pc-now-i-cant-access-anything-482095.html
Relevancy 39.13%

About two days ago I noticed my laptop Windows was slow while browsing the web so I rebooted it After that it took an abnormally long time for the desktop to load and I can t open any programs I ve shutdown and rebooted several times since then but no dice Today I turned my laptop on again after the battery died yesterday and I immediately got a pop-up stating quot Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly quot I believe this is the doing of a virus because Windows Defender and AVG Antivirus had been turned off after the second time I rebooted my laptop This is my only working laptop and I d be very grateful for help I would also like to mention that I can open file folders like My Computer or folders on my Access? Program No desktop I can open pictures but I can t play No Program Access? videos music or access the internet etc etc nbsp

A:No Program Access?

Hello and welcome to Computer Hope Forum. My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer. 1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line. *************************************************************************Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button as shown below.AdwCleaner will now start to search for malicious files that may be installed on your computer.To remove the files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the OK button. AdwCleaner will now delete all detected adware from your computer. When it is done it will display an alert that explains what PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and Adware are. Please read through this information and then press the OK button. You will now be presented with an alert that states AdwCleaner needs to reboot your computer.Please click on the OK button to allow AdwCleaner reboot your computer.A log will be produced. Please copy and paste this log in your next reply.********************************************* Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.It should update automatically if the computer is connected to the internet.Click on Threat Scan and click on Scan Now.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete make sure all the infections have "quarantine" selected in the Action box.Click on "Apply actions" You may be asked to Restart your computer to completely remove the infections.When disinfection is completed you can click on "Copy to Clipboard".Paste the log in you next reply (CTRL+ V)*************************************************Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.?Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.?Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.?Temporarily disable your Antivirus and any Antispyware real time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.?Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator?The tool will open and start scanning your system.?Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.?On completion, a log (JRT.txt... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154865.0.html
Relevancy 39.13%

For some reason PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker will not connect to the internet on my Access Program computer after working fine for the last couple years I play poker online for a living and need to have these programs working on my computer The internet is working fine and my computer seems to be running with no problems but something is blocking access to these programs and I cannot figure out what it is I am running SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes both Program Access the free versions with no quot real time protection quot I have no antivirus programs like Norton McAffee or Kaspersky installed on my computer It is hard to figure out because I just removed some spyware off of my computer with a couple tools downloaded off of the internet I had rogue spyware Security Essentials and XP Guard and got rid of them using information obtained from google searches In the process I downloaded a few anti spyware malware programs and ran their scans but have since removed them These included Ad-Aware Windows Defender Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot Search amp Destroy I have since uninstalled and removed all of these programs The only installed anti malware spyware programs I have are Superantispyware and Malwarebytes Is there any way to figure out what is blocking these programs from connecting to the internet I can download HiJackThis and post a log if necessary Thanks in advance for any help P S I have windows firewall turned off

A:Program Access

hello, yes use these instructions for that.without an AV you are guaranteed to have malware in under an hour.. backdoor Trojan can allow an attacker togain control of the system, log keystrokes, steal passwords, access personaldata, send malevolent outgoing traffic, and close the security warningmessages displayed by some anti-virus and security programs.I would advise you to disconnect this PC from the Internet, and then go toa known clean computer and change any passwords or security information heldon the infected computer. In particular, check whatever relates to onlinebanking financial transactions, shopping, credit cards, or sensitivepersonal information. It is also wise to contact your financial institutionsto apprise them of your situation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300639/program-access/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

I have a Vista computer I am trying to network to an XP computer to access a program. The Vista computer has Norton. When I disable Norton I can ping the XP computer but still cant access the program.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 39.13%

I got from a Garage sale the Comptonís Interactive Encyclopedia CD, version 5.1.0 MPEG, 1997 Edition. I copied the CD to my hard drive, modified the .INI file to point to the new directory but still every time I want to access the program it asks to insert the CD into the cd drive. With the CD inside the cd drive the program works fine (I have Windows XP Home). Is there any way to access the program without inserting the CD into the CD drive every time? Thank you.

A:Program Access

Needing a CD in the drive for the program to run may be some type of copy protection within the program. In that case the software would need to be hacked to bypass the protection and that type of discussion is not permitted on TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-access.499092/
Relevancy 39.13%

For some reason my computer will not connect to the internet on poker clients which I use daily PokerStars and FullTilt Poker I have tried disabling all antivirus Program Access and Program Access windows firewall still neither will connect All other internet browsers and programs that connect to the internet are working properly I have tried uninstalling both of these programs and reinstalling them several times with no luck I have run Avast SS amp D MBAM SuperAntiSpyware all with good results nothing found I also have run CCleaner and my registry is clean The only thing that looks suspicious is that when I run a HJT scan there are entries that say there is an unknown file in winsock lsp See HJT log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system dlbucoms exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe quot O - HKLM Run TrayServer C Program Files MAGIX Movie Edit Pro TrayServer exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-access.909216/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am an administrator on a windows xp computer, how and i block access to certain programs of other users?
i.e. i don't want any other users using firefox.

Relevancy 39.13%

I want to restrict what users can use what programs. Is there an easy way to do this XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-access.351559/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have had 7 for some time now with no problems, today message says you are not authorized to access contact your adminastrator .
I have no admistrator password set up any ideas on how to correct this problem

A:help! will not allow program access

Adding a password to the admin account should not be any problem, if you are the administrator. It is all managed in user accounts...when logged in as administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/69095-help-will-not-allow-program-access.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm using Windows XP and have lost the ability to Set Program Access and Defaults and Remove Programs. When clicking on Start and Set Program Acesss and Defaults the following message appears "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your Administrator". There is no Administrator and this message suddenly appeared recently. As per advice received I've downloaded HijackThis from Trend and attach the relevant log. Thanks for any help you can provide!

A:Cannot Set Program Access And Defaults

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them or include them codeboxes going forward.Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts. If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious. It is also possible that you may need to disable your Antivirus or Antimalware programs before this program can run properly A guide on how to temporarily disable many of the common protections programs can be found here.When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimizedCopy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply. If you have any problems with the logs, both can be found in C:\Deckard\System Scanner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136470/cannot-set-program-access-and-defaults/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was hijacked by police pro. I can get on the internet and that's it. I ordered a new Norton program online with expert installation, but I need to get rid of the old virus program. I click on add/remove and it does nothing. I click on other icons and the same thing happens, but I really need to get into add/remove to delete the other virus program so that the Norton reps can get me set up. Thanks for any help!

A:I cannot access the add/remove program

Please see the tutorial How to remove Windows Police ProWhen done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265861/i-cannot-access-the-addremove-program/
Relevancy 38.7%

When I open Microsoft Outlook it says that a program wants aceess click yes or no to allow and it continuoulsy pops up and is very annoying. I have no idea what program wants access and I have ran several virus scans with McAffe. Started when I attempted to add an attachment. The e-mail this attachment was meant for has been deleted and a program still wants acess.

Relevancy 38.7%

I am running Spy Sweeper and it is constantly sayng the has blocked access to numerous websites but does not say where it originates from Attached is the HJT log Thanks in advance for access to with program Help websites trying your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system Help with program trying to access websites winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C Help with program trying to access websites WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files NetLimiter Pro nlsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files NetLimiter Pro NLClient exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP OfficeJet G Series bin hpodev exe C Program Files Panasonic LUMIXSimpleViewer PhLeAutoRun exe C Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exe C Program Files CiDial CiDial exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP OfficeJet G Series FRU Remind exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C PROGRA HEWLET HPOFFI bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C WINNT system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www wiredsussex com Jobs JobSearchResult asp Item O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager quot mobsync exe quot logon O - HKLM Run DSLSTATEXE quot C Program Files Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe quot icon O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE quot C Program Files Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run HPAIO PrintFolderMgr C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X hpoopm exe O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe startintray O - HKCU Run TClockEx quot C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-program-trying-to-access-websites.651281/
Relevancy 38.7%

Windows 7 32/64 operating systems

JRT for browswers is denied How am I suppose to make this undenied and have permissions to scan my browser to remove junk that traces me each site I go. Is there any help if so please help, thank you. Hacker done took over my computer and my laptop. This must've happen through a thumbdrive transfering from computer to the next. I am not so sure if this is capable of beginning solved there is a broken (locked) registry key that hasallowed a this hacker through my firewall. The hacker establishes connection through pictures and latches onto pictures.

If any explanation, help is out there please let me know,Thank You.

A:Denied access to a certain program

Hacker done took over my computer and my laptop.
that has allowed a this hacker through my firewall. The hacker establishes connection through pictures and latches onto pictures.

If I read this right. You need help from the Malware Response Team ..

It may also be a good idea to take those PC's off line untill told otherwise by a staff member. Thats if you have a spare clean PC to use.

Hacker done took over my computer and my laptop.

If that's the case DO NOT use those PC's for any banking or other financial transactions till told otherwise by staff.
I am not trying to scare anybody or anything like that. Its what I would do until given the all clear.

You need to go here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

This must've happen through a thumbdrive transfering from computer to the next.

Any Pc that thumb drive was connected to also needs  checking.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529490/denied-access-to-a-certain-program/
Relevancy 38.7%

How can i allow a program full access to a folder? I gave the link and the exe admin rights already

A:How to allow a Program access to folder?

If you're running as admin, programs already have access to almost all folders. If you're not, run the program as admin. Right click the .exe or shortcut to it and the option is there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6841-how-allow-program-access-folder.html
Relevancy 38.7%

What is the most user friendly (free) program that I can use to remotely access a friend's computer to make adjustments? We are both using Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-program.1163924/
Relevancy 38.7%

Every time I so much as open my program files, my windows explorer IMMEDIATELY freezes and I get the generic "windows explorer has encountered an error and needs to close" message. I'm stumped, and I need to get into my program files. The infuriating thing is that it's JUST my program files that are the problem - no other folder ever gives me issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-program-files-278786.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I set Winamp as my default media player in "Set program access and defaults".

If I then use iTunes to update my iPhone and return to the "Set program access and defaults" its gone back to "use my current media player" and all my mp3 file icons have changed from winamp to iTunes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-program-access-and-defaults.953159/
Relevancy 38.7%

hello i would like to know if anyone could suggest and easy to use program that would let me take control of my computer at home..im currently livingi nanother city and would like to be able to gain access to the one atm y house which is a bout hour away...my family are always aking me to do things for themand it would be easier if i coudl take remote access anytime i wanted .i kow msn has one but they done use msn...im looking for one were i could do it from here whenever i wanted thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

I am having difficulty with a few things. First I can't access the "add/remove program". I'll get the hourglass for half a second, like it's loading, but then nothing will happen. Also when I go to restart or shut down I just get stuck on the "windows is shutting down screen" I've already posted on another forum thinking I had a different problem but it didn't fix the problem. Here is the link for that Visit My Website Thank you!

A:Can't access "add/remove program"

Shutdown problems/issues...have existed as long as Windows. Lots of causes, some successes at eliminating the nuisance.You can take a look at:Windows XP Shutdown Troubleshooter - http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php Troubleshooting Windows Shutdown Problems - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...s-Shutdown.html As for Add/Remove Programs....try running #323 at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, according to directions.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295353/cant-access-addremove-program/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello again,

I have downloaded OpenOffice, and love it, however, there is now equivalent to Access in the package. Are there any freeware programs that give the same functionality as access? As well as ones that will be able to read/save as access type files?

Relevancy 38.7%

I have a laptop computer with Windows 7. This morning, every time I try to enter any program, I get a message which reads: Choose which program you want to open this file". This has never happened before. I tried going into Safe Mode, but the same message pops up when I attempt to open any program there as well. I tried scanning the computer with AVG, but am unable to because I get that same message. Is this some sort of virus? And what can I do to remove this message?

Also, I'm unable to go into regedit. I got a message which reads: File not found.

EDIT: I am able to access my programs in the Start menu. Now, I'm thinking that I might need to delete my shortcuts and replace them with new ones.

Relevancy 38.7%

I have a stock/financial program installed on my computer. Every time I try to access it through a standard account, I get a UAC prompt that says an unidentified program wants access to my computer. I've tried going to properties while in my administrator account and allowed access for the standard account, but I am still prompted to enter my administrator password every time I try to open the program. Any ideas?

A:allowing program access through UAC

If you are being asked to run as administrator this is normal security of Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nistrator.html
Vista and Seven

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281894-allowing-program-access-through-uac.html
Relevancy 38.7%

i have the free version of sygates firewall installed and i get a million things trying to access the net but i dont know what they are?

can anyone help me?
ill try to include my hijack this log
thanks in advance
loki_13

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-try-to-access-the-internet.254324/
Relevancy 38.7%

I've seen several similar problems posted but I can't resolve this one.

I have two computers networked together. Both are XPpro, and both are using simple sharing. When I go into the sharing & security settings of the Program Files folder on one of the computers all of the options are grayed out and a little message states that

"None of these options are available because this folder is used by the OS"

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
JTN

A:can't access program files because of OS?

Don't believe you can share the entire Program Files folder but you can share subfolders.
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showtopic=6652

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-program-files-because-of-os.682574/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have tried to access a program that says I need to be the admin. to access it. I am logged in as the Admin., what is may course of action to remedy this?

A:Access denied to program

You might try here,

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

however, be careful what you read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-program.715455/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

I was suggested to open a post from the Win 7 forum (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic371725.html)

Running Windows 7 on a Dell desktop. When I open the control panel, the panel opens fine and some of the links seem to work except for the "Uninstall Programs" link. When I click on that, nothing happens. Same with the System & Security links, I see the link but clicking on them does nothing.

Thanks,

Tjjunior

A:Can't access "Uninstall a program"

TJJunior - did youever solve this problem?  I am having the exact same problem! Put my mouse over "Uninstall a program" and nothing happens when I click (it does become underlined as it should).  Same for "View installed updates" and several other links in the Control Panel menu.  Other links work...  Definitely seems like a virus?  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372011/cant-access-uninstall-a-program/
Relevancy 38.7%

Greetings

I am running XP Pro. I installed the Palm Desktop and the Hot-Synch programs that I've used for years. I installed them under my ID that has Admin privs.

I have several other users in the system but when one of them signs on they get a message saying that Hot-Synch was not installed properly.

The icon appears in the System tray briefly but goes away when the error message is cleared.

The Desktop and Hot-Synch work fine under my ID.

General question: What are the default access rules for programs installed by one user for other users on the system?

The other users in this case are all 'Restricted Users' as I want to control what gets installed. My ID has Admin privs and I use it for all installs.

Why would the Hot-Synch program work for me under my ID and not for the other one?

Thanks much for the feedback.

G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-access-from-another-user-xp-pro.116116/
Relevancy 38.7%

How can I find out what program is trying to access the internet and where it is trying to go? If I just dial-up to my isp (worldnet), some program tries to send/receive lotsof data (monitored data activity by ZoneAlarm). If I disconnect, it restarts the dialer and tries to re-connect. Any ideas?

Background: I'm working on a Sony Vaio running XP Pro - it had a numbr of virus' and adware - all successfully removed. It also had the slserves trojan - also successfully removed. I get clean scans from NAV, Spybot & AdAware. I have turned off all the automatic updates (windows, NAV, etc.) thinking one of them was trying to complete an update - no change.

A:Some program is trying to access the internet

Hi Steve555 and welcome to BCWhat info does ZoneAlarm give you about the program trying to get out? Be as specific as possible please. ZoneAlarm keeps a log file you can access.You might want to try another AV scan like Panda Active Scan. Also give a-squared Free a try. Many trojans are downloaders that try to access the net to give you more headaches.Also, you should disconnect your phone line from your machine until you get this sorted out as a dialer program can cost you a lot of money in long distance charges by waking an unattended computer and connecting to the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16192/some-program-is-trying-to-access-the-internet/
Relevancy 38.7%

Is there a daemon I can download that will keep a log of what program accesses what file at what time? I've been having a problem with files created and destroyed behind my back, and I want to find out what program is doing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-program-to-access-a-file.259607/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,
I have a program that I have used for years that suddenly receives the message
" Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file".
I have uninstalled, deleted temp files, removed history and cookies. Also reinstalled to another hard drive but still unable to access.
Any help?
Thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

Dear knowledgeable people I have scanned quite a bit of the forum read a number to program laptop Access from PC on of posts but remain unenligthened per my question Premise laptop access via wireless router to program data resident on my PC The subject program is installed frequently updated on my PC Windows XP Laptop also Windows XP use of this data for viewing and printing is the objective -- without also installing the program on the laptop The catch is frequent updates Both units have access to broadband direct for PC and wireless router for the laptop Have no problem also installing program on laptop if needed laptop access to current data is the issue Even doing so via internet would be great It seems that LAN and Broadband networks are both in play though I don t quite grasp any inherent conflicts Thank you for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card All-in-Wonder Low Profile Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp F CN CI GJ Access from laptop to program on PC Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I am setting up a new computer and I want to have it so that the Admin account can access the internet, but when a simple user logs in, they cannot user IE, or Firefox. How can I do this?

Joe

A:Restricting Program Access

Joe

I have started a similiar thread in Web & Email Fouem called 'Can I Disable Internet - Tools - Clear History. 'lotuseclat79' has given some detailed steps to turnoff the Internet... check it out.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=467278&goto=newpost

I would say you would want to know what u are doing first though.....!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricting-program-access.468278/
Relevancy 38.7%

hey hi newbie here I use VISTA on my laptop and ie mozilla live messenger google talk and whatever else that uses internet don t recognize as the connection being there except for skype although the connection diagnostics tell me there s nothing wrong with it I have a wi-fi network at home and fortunately my pc is still on the go I have recently installed Superantispyware yesterday more exactly and it caught at once adwares and other bad stuff ouch but then my system was running as smoothly as if there was nothing in there or so I naively thought now when trying to run hjt I had to do it on administrator mode or else I got an error message on a program that was preventing it from scanning crucial parts of the system oh yes - today norton popped up a warning that someone was trying to remotely access my pc and asked for my get program can't the internet to access any permission I denied it and ever since connection has been there but the programs won t recognize it hjt log from admin mode is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe can't get any program to access the internet C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Center Access Bar VCAB exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Help and Support Demo LaunchVHSD exe C Program Files Sony VAIO PC Wireless LAN Wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Survey Vista VAIO Survey exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows winpos exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Service Utility VAIO-SUTOOL exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Users Nielphine AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Users Nielphine AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts ServiceLogin service mail amp passive true amp rm false amp continue http A F Fmail google com Fmail F Fui Dhtml zy Dl amp bsv zpwhtygjntrz amp scc amp ltmpl default amp ltmplcache R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-any-program-to-access-the-internet.823027/
Relevancy 38.7%

I can no longer access my libraries from any program. For example, see attachement, I am trying to open Libraries from this program but it gives me an error message as shown. I have no idea how to fix it. Thank you very much!

A:Can't access my Libraries from any program

Open up Windows Explorer on the left panel Right click Libraries. Choose Restore Default Libraries.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-access-my-libraries-from-any-program-696958.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My main computer died so am trying to get my NEC laptop set up whilst I repair the main one It is a faily good cannot documents my program access new laptop with a dvd drive possibly burner also burns cd's It is running XP pro recently installed service pack I successfully installed Wordstar for windows I need this word proccessing program to convert my old WS files to useable files in modern w proccessors - I still use WS every day - new program cannot access my documents your probably not old enought to remember it Anyway when in Wordstar I try to access My Documents but there is no option for this or much else by the looks of it In Dos mode thank god for good old dos I discovered that windows had been installed in a root new program cannot access my documents directory with few programs in and My Documents was not one of them I found My Documents in C documents and settings chicken I deleted the original windows installation and re-installed and edited the program location to the 'chicken' root I clicked on continue but got an error message saying 'invalid directory' I tried different case type nothing helps HELP ps have attached pic of offending screenshot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-program-cannot-access-my-documents-330999.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello all,

Running Win 7 on a Dell desktop with no problems for 6 months. I was trying to load Internet Explorer 8 32-bit version and while the program is there, clicking on the link does nothing. As background, I need the 32-bit version to run Remote Desktop Web on a server I'm testing. I can run the 64-bit version with no problem, but can't load the 32-bit.

So my plan was to uninstall and re-install the 32-bit version, which is when I realized I had a bigger problem. When I open the control panel, there's a link to "uninstall programs" but clicking on it no longer does anything. I've tried rebooting, clearing temp files and registry issues with ccleaner, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Can't access "Uninstall a program"

Open an elevated Command Prompt and type SFC /SCANNOW to run the system file check utility and see if it finds and repairs any damaged or corrupted files.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371725/cant-access-uninstall-a-program/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have what I am sure is a very simple question, but I can't find anything in search. (Perhaps I am not wording it right) I am trying to set up a POS system on a computer, and I want absolutely EVERYTHING to be disabled on that account except the POS program. I would imagine there has to be a piece of software that can do it. Oh yes, and I would rather a piece of freeware, if possible... Unless there is another way?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268592/disable-access-to-everything-except-one-program/
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently had to reinstall windows xp sp2 as I was receiving a corrupt or missing file (system32). I did not reformat the hard drive and retained all files (on the c-drive). Now that I've got everything back up and running, when I press the start button and select "all programs," the programs that were retained do not show. When I go to the control panel and select add/remove programs, the ones on the c-drive do not show up. Only the programs I've installed after the reinstallation show up.

I'm confused.

BDWeller

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-access-issue-461422.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I was playing FretsOnFire (Guitar Hero clone for PC) when Vista informed me that the program needed server access. I accidentally clicked block, and now I can't run the program, and I can't change the "block" into "don't block". Where can I change that setting?

A:I need to allow a program to access the internet.

what firewall do you have on the PC ??

run the software
look for a section about applications or programs and then you should be able to change its status

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-to-allow-a-program-to-access-the-internet.572927/
Relevancy 38.7%

I've seen several similar problems posted but I can't resolve this one.

I have two computers networked together. Both are XPpro, and both are using simple sharing. When I go into the sharing & security settings of the Program Files folder on one of the computers all of the options are grayed out and a little message states that

"None of these options are available because this folder is used by the OS"

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
JTN

Relevancy 38.7%

I have two accounts on my XP system: one admin and one personal. I loaded two programs under the admin account. One is dongle-protected, the other is protected with a name and registration number. No problems with access under the admin account, but when I try to open the programs from the other account neither program believes it's authorized. How can I change things so that all users can access these programs? I can't find anything remotely appropriate in Windows so-called help index, to my complete amazement. Some programs appear to install for all users anyway, some give you a choice at install, and some seem intent on being exclusive. What am I missing here? Hope this isn't a stupid question.

Relevancy 38.27%

I don't understand what are the benefits of using UWP vs desktop apps (like Viber and Skype) and having two versions installed on my PC seems a bit strange.

A:Should I use Skype UWP or Skype Desktop app on my PC?

The future is the UWP app. It will be replacing the desktop app. Benefits are notification integration and security.
I would go with the new app. It appears to work well here as a preview, and only expect it to get better.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435964-should-i-use-skype-uwp-skype-desktop-app-my-pc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been using Skype paid calls for business usage and have huge problems with the Other side not hearing me well or at all. It used to work OK but now I have to restart hub or reconnect or just wait . This is for calls to International. If I call skype to skype it is OK most of time. My provider BT has checked all hub settings and network seems fine. I am about to give up on skype to non skype as a business option and the fact I am spending good money and cant get instant support really doesnt help. I am out of ideas
Using Vista with Broadband wireless hub and have good connection with other devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-to-non-skype-no-quality.821193/
Relevancy 38.27%

so is there any differenced between thses two and I nedd both of them?

A:Do I need both Skype app and Skype for desktop?

Unless you are on an RT tablet I would just use the desktop version, from the reviews the app is not very good, perhaps after some future updates it will be better.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16445-do-i-need-both-skype-app-skype-desktop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a program that *appears* to be spyware. My wife installed it on my machine and I want to figure out how in the world programs like spybot and adaware aren't able to get rid of it. I *suspect* it is doing some sort of check when it loads so that it can replicate itself. Possible scenario:

1. Program starts
2. Program checks for a special file somewhere in the system
3. If the file doesn't exist, re-create it
4. Keep on spying

Is there some sort of "exe sniffer" or something that i can use to determine where a file is looking so I can delete all instances of this spyware?

Thanks,

Jon

A:Discover what files a program is trying to access?

First, Spybot can only detect foistware that it has in it's database. If this is a new one, or a home grown one, it won't be found.

Try restarting to SAFE mode, do a Find > Files for the program in question, and delete it.

If that doesn't help, go here, download, install and run HiJackThis.
And, copy/paste the log file that it creates, back here for review.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/discover-what-files-a-program-is-trying-to-access.296735/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
I have installed a Demo Exam on my main administrative account in XP SP2.
I have a limited user account for others and I want to give them access to the demo exam from that account. Other programs like winamp are accessible from there account but some are not. I tried to put a shortcut to that exam in shared folder and then pasted that shortcut on desktop of limited user account, but it didnt work. Can someone please tell me how do I do it?
I cant install the programe on that account as the CD is corrupt.
Thank you.

A:Allow access to a program from limited account

Make the user a local admin, install program, make the user a limited account again. Test to see if program runs and does not need to be Admin to run.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/allow-access-to-a-program-from-limited-account-386395.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I want to know how to place a text box in a database and put info in it and it be in only the individual page.

A:How to work with boxes in Access program

I don't think you can put textboxes in the database. That's just fields, properties, files, relationships. no fancy user stuff.
I think the only place you can put a textbox is on a form.
The built-in HELP should explain.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396342/how-to-work-with-boxes-in-access-program/
Relevancy 38.27%

Recently I've been denied access to some programs on this computer (Win XP Pro) which are readily accessible on my 2nd computer (Win. 98 SE). The only clue I have is a statement at the bottom of the screen (preceded by an S encapsulated in a red ring) which reads: JavaScript Currently Forbidden [<script>] [J+F+P:O]. However, in going to Tools, Options, Content, I find checks in front of both "Enable Java" and Enable JavaScript". Does anyone have suggestions?

A:Recent Program Access Denial

I assume the files are on a remote web site.

Windows XP is tyring to protect your PC. If the site is a trusted site you could lower your secuity level settings by selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Security tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recent-program-access-denial.429049/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have Access; do quantity Program the not and to. want is MS PO rounding I it a semi custom database that I think was based off of a wizard There is a po for and po subform that contains MS Access; PO Program is rounding the quantity and I do not want it to. the inventory transactions There is a table for the inventory transactions with a field for the order quantity This program has always displayed the qty as a number with decimal places trouble is it never shows anything other than If you enter a value with MS Access; PO Program is rounding the quantity and I do not want it to. a decimal it is rounded to MS Access; PO Program is rounding the quantity and I do not want it to. the closest whole number There is no info box or anything displayed when this happens It just changes your number When I started trying to fix this the field in the table and the properties of the field in the form were both set to decimal places I cannot find any reference for the rounding of the number entered I tried several different data types including fixed with no resolution We need to be able to enter quantities with decimal places Anybody have any ideas where to look nbsp

A:MS Access; PO Program is rounding the quantity and I do not want it to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-po-program-is-rounding-the-quantity-and-i-do-not-want-it-to.250299/
Relevancy 38.27%

Im getting "A program is trying to access your Address Book
A program is trying to access your Address Book or contacts. Viruses can spread by sending copies of e-mail messages to people listed in your Address Book. You must allow or deny access to your Address Book before this program can continue."

What can I do, ive use pest patrol and scanned with norton, any suggestions?

Relevancy 38.27%

I get a dialogue pop-up from Outlook XP that says A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook Do you want to allow this If this is unexpected it may be a virus and you should choose quot No quot Then I can allow access for minute minutes minutes or minutes My options are YES NO and HELP which is no access is program A to trying addresses... e-mail HELP I don t know what is causing this problem This is a recent problem I have run Spybot and Ad-Aware I checked my spam filter my anti-virus and my firewall - none seem to report this as an issue I do not use free services for AV Spam or firewall At this time I m running a system-tray program called quot Click Yes quot to stop the annoying pop-up Click Yes is a mailmate from Express-Soft com It automatically chooses YES each time the pop-up appears so that I don t have to Yes isn t my optimal choice but I can t stand the constant interruption nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I purchased Bit Defender Internet Security for my XP machine a few weeks back and began having issues with the firewall being disabled. Their tech support said to uninstall the software, and install it again. While doing the uninstall it threw an exception saying it encountered an issue, and died locking me out of my program files directory.

Is there any simple way to gain access to this directory? And yes I am setup as an administrator.

Also my wife is an admin and her profile has no problem accessing this directory.

A:Unable to access program files...

Hi there,

Belive the issue will be with security settings. Logon as your wife and go to windows file explorer. Right click the program files directory and click on properties, click on the security tab. Make sure that the administrators group has full acces along with the system account. Also check that users have read access. You may also have an account called power users, make sure they have read and write permissions.

Apply this then click on the advanced settings. On the permissions screen click "Replace permissions on all child objects....".

Click apply. If windows shows any errors with applying these setting you may need to click the owner tab in the advanced section and set the administrators account as the owner. Also click the tick box replace owner on subcontainers and objects. Then try the pirmissions part again.

Hope this helps

Regards

Gary Sparg
www.tekrevolution.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-program-files.675726/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a problem, and I'm not the only one. I can print to a network printer just fine, but in any program if I try to access the Printer Properites on the print screen the program crashes. It happens on all printers in Word, and Photoshop so far.

Please help. I'm using Windows 7 32bit.

A:Printer Access Crashes Program

Have you tried updating the driver for the printer to see if that helps ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137774-printer-access-crashes-program.html