Windows Support Forum

Windows restarts when laptop is closed

Q: Windows restarts when laptop is closed

hi im having a problem with my hibernation mode when my laptop is shut when i close the laptop windows restarts and leaves an error code when started up again the computer runs fine besides this and is days old i might add i have recently updated through microsoft 'a shut down update' standard procedure before this update hibernation worked fine i dont know if this could have anything to do with it but regardless i am new with vista my computer specs dell studio ' windows vista home premium bit service pack the problem signature is specified quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF FD B BCP FFFFFA D BCP FFFFFA D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp WER E tmp version txt i am going to college laptop restarts closed is Windows when in a few days and this needs to be fixed please help in whatever way possible thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows restarts when laptop is closed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows restarts when laptop is closed

Originally Posted by khanson

hi, im having a problem with my hibernation mode when my laptop is shut.

when i close the laptop, windows restarts and leaves an error code when started up again. the computer runs fine besides this, and is days old i might add. i have recently updated through microsoft, 'a shut down update' standard procedure. before this update hibernation worked fine. i dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but regardless i am new with vista.

my computer specs:

dell studio 15'
windows vista home premium 64 bit
service pack 1
the problem signature is specified:

"Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80001FD7B81
BCP3: FFFFFA60015D5798
BCP4: FFFFFA60015D5170
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082609-07.dmp
C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51246-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER78E.tmp.version.txt

i am going to college in a few days and this needs to be fixed! please help in whatever way possible. thank you

Do us a favor go into C:\windows\minidump zip the dump file (*.dmp) and upload it for us to look at

Thanks

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244194-windows-restarts-when-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently fitted a graphics card into my brothers PC, the problem is about 4 days later the PC keeps restarting when it is closed down.

Any ideas people ?

A:PC restarts when closed down

Access your system BIOS, disable any Power Management Options or Advanced Power Management Options.

Please post back results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-restarts-when-closed-down.405725/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am having a problem where Vista is restarting every time I close the lid of my notebook. This started happening after I used the System Restore disks to restore my computer back to defaults. Under Control Panel, closing my lid is not suppose to do anything when it is plugged in or not....

Relevancy 58.48%

please help how do I get rid of virus that plays sounds like advertisements and other sounds it happens about an hour after im on or after my comp just sits untouched.can I get into my regedit and delete it somehow?what is it a virus? rootkit? please helpive ran all kinds of malware anti spyware etc and it says all is fine but its not

A:sounds on my laptop even when all windows are closed

This may help: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/sounds-on-my-laptop-even-when-all-windows-are-closed/39661.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 (plugged into house current), and would like Windows updates to be installed while I close the lid overnight. What would be proper power settings to accomplish this? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66158-how-update-windows-10-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Originally this is posted here

Lock windows when laptop lid is closed… | AK's Blog

But i want windows update to add lock windows option to when laptop lid is closed option

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/29474-lock-windows-when-laptop-lid-closed-want-solution.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This problem has been going on for quite sometime now. It tends to happen mostly when I am either playing a game or using a browser, it used to happen mostly when I would use internet explorer but now its anything. When I've checked the Event Log it seems to be showing up as a Kernel Power issue but I'm not sure if it is actually a heating issue or anything. There was a time when it restarted and would not turn back on for two days a few months ago. Please I really want this fixed. (Sorry not that tech great tech wise but if i'm told what to do i'll try to do it. Also have to use another computer to post this since laptop restarts when trying to get to forum.I can access the laptop just may take a little time.)

A:Windows 7 Laptop randomly restarts

Sounds to me the laptop is overheating.

Try using a cooling pad
This might help with your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-laptop-randomly-restarts-684888.html
Relevancy 51.6%

As the title says my laptop is restarting itself on windows -bit start up Sometimes it manages to fully load up but then within minutes it will suddenly restart I can load safe mode with no issues and even after running it for a period of time it does not seem to shut down I tried starting it up only the restarts startup on Laptop windows basic microsoft startup services but it still crashed I've run chkdsk startup repair and some hardware memory diagnostic thing and they all came back fine Laptop has been in to get serviced and they told me they found nothing wrong with it and sent it back I start it up Laptop restarts on windows startup and within seconds of it trying to load windows it restarts Does anyone have any ideas or solutions of how to solve this Getting very frustrated here and not sure how to fix it Oh also I've tried to reinstall windows but it freezes during installation Here are some system specs OS Windows Home Premium -bit Build System Manufacturer Toshiba System Model Satellite A Processer Intel Core Duo P ghz Memory GB RAM

A:Laptop restarts on windows startup

Hello Thugtronik, welcome!
Sounds a bit strange, more must have happened than just what's in your post?
Has this LT never worked well at all? Was W7 64b the first and only OS ever to be installed?
How old is this A300. There are some old ones out there with stuff that is not readily compatible w/ W7 64. NOt saying it couldn't work but it might need some tuning to get it to work well...

Please read the tutorial referred to at the top of this thread and try to upload as much of the info asked as possible in safe mode w/ networking on. Or, if you're not yet up to that, try a sfc scannow option. There's a tutorial for that too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171903-laptop-restarts-windows-startup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop is an ASUS M B N It is running XP professional I think I had my laptop on and running fine for a few windows. Laptop repeatedly Can't restarts. into get hours accumulatively because I did put it in sleep mode ocasionally last night and then one time I turned it off and when I turned it back on it lit up but nothing came up on the screen I turned it back off by holding down Laptop repeatedly restarts. Can't get into windows. the power button and decided to let it cool down Later I turned it back on and it was working fine seemingly and then it Laptop repeatedly restarts. Can't get into windows. would quot turn off quot because the screen went black but the lights were still on Then it would refuse to turn on for a while I let it set overnight and I turned it on and it seemed to work again but then it did that thing I mentioned where the screen goes black but the lights are still on and it won t turn back on now Well it will turn on because the lights will be on but nothing will show on the screen I also think there might be a chance there is a virus on it My alert kept popping up and telling me that there is but it says it s quarantined and infected or something I don t really know how to explain it Now whenever I turn it on it boots up shows the ASUS screen and then it comes to this screen that shows safe mode normal mode and last good configuration mode I ve tried all of them and the same thing always happens It seems to work alright and then I will see this flash of blue screen that looks like a blue screen error but then it will restart before I can see what it says and the process repeats like a cycle Once I did try to start it and it did manage to give me a blue screen error which was STOP x E error Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop repeatedly restarts. Can't get into windows.

Sounds more like a hardware issue than a problem with Windows. The virus report may just be clouding the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-repeatedly-restarts-cant-get-into-windows.765851/
Relevancy 50.74%

My girlfriend bought an Asus Laptop back in early October and recently the computer has been rebooting for no apparent reason It's happened three or four times in the past week or so two times were within an hour of each other She'll be doing some work and right in the middle of it the computer will restart Note my username says Windows but as it is my gf's computer she is using Windows It just happened this morning so I looked at the Event Logs to see if there was an explanation There was a Kernal-Power event-ID which basically says the system rebooted incorrectly but doesn't specify why quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot There aren't any other critical or warning 8 Reason w/ Asus Laptop for Restarts No Windows events that I can see leading up to it but maybe there's something there I'm missing I don't think it's the battery as it has restarted while being plugged in and she never downloads anything off the internet so I don't think it's malware I don't think there have been any major system changes recently either this is her first Windows computer and Asus Laptop w/ Windows 8 Restarts for No Reason frankly I don't think she has any clue how to change anything manually anyway Are there any diagnostic tests I can run to try to narrow down the problem Thanks a lot

A:Asus Laptop w/ Windows 8 Restarts for No Reason

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/asus-laptop-w-windows-8-restarts-for-no-reason-764602.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone So I turned on my Asus F T laptop which runs Windows Vista today It began to boot showed the Asus logo with black background and then restarted itself It has been doing this over and over all day Hitting F will not bring me to a menu where I can choose to start in safe mode I don t think it boots far enough to let me do that I have been able to pull up some menus with F and F to itself. update? won't Laptop Continously windows boot. restarts Due but I have been tentative to fiddle with the settings too much I have Laptop won't boot. Continously restarts itself. Due to windows update? a strong feeling this was caused a windows update It was either yesterday or the day before about updates installed and seemed to have difficultly being installed I have no idea what to do and don t want to lose data on my hard drive My computer did not come with an installation disc just a recovery disc that would clear out my hard drive if I used it Please help nbsp

A:Laptop won't boot. Continously restarts itself. Due to windows update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-boot-continously-restarts-itself-due-to-windows-update.683259/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I've just installed Windows 8 Pro 64bit edition on my Dell XPS L502X, overall the system runs ok but today i notice strange long restarts after waking up from sleep mode / hibernate and then it when back to the logon screen. Windows then will display a memory dump error.

Please help, could this be a driver issue?

A:Laptop restarts after sleep / hibernate in Windows 8 Pro 64bit

anyone? please help..

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/11354-laptop-restarts-after-sleep-hibernate-windows-8-pro-64bit.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi there\

I was hoping for some help with this issue. My Lenovo laptop occasionally restarts out of nowhere. Once it has restarted...all seems ok and there is no error message of any kind. Would anyone be able to help with this? I am not especially computer savvy but feel like I could follow some troubleshooting instructions. Thanks so much!
Adam

A:my laptop randomly restarts approx 1 x week - Windows 10

oh...and based on another topic i saw...i have downloaded mini tool box and got this log:

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 03-02-2016 01
Ran by addieto (administrator) on 06-02-2016 at 16:36:16
Running from "C:\Users\addieto\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 10 Home  (X64)
Model: 20319 Manufacturer: LENOVO
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (02/05/2016 10:09:37 PM) (Source: ATIeRecord) (User: )
Description: ATI EEU PnP start/stop failed

Error: (02/05/2016 01:42:53 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: IDEA-PC)
Description: Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: -2144927141 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Error: (02/05/2016 01:42:53 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: IDEA-PC)
Description: Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: -2144927141 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Error: (02/05/2016 01:42:50 PM) (Source: ATIeRecord) (User: )

Error: (02/04/2016 06:52:24 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.10586.35, time stamp: 0x566505bc
Faulting module name: StartUI.dll, version: 10.0.10586.35, time stamp: 0x56650467
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000123549
Faulting process id: 0x102c
Faulting application start time: 0xShellExperienceHost.exe0
Faulting application path: ShellExperienceHost.exe1
Faulting module path: ShellExperienceHost.exe2
Report Id: ShellExperienceHost.exe3
Faulting package full name: ShellExperienceHost.exe4
Faulting package-relative application ID: ShellExperienceHost.exe5

Error: (02/02/2016 11:47:14 AM) (Source: ATIeRecord) (User: )

Error: (02/01/2016 11:41:55 PM) (Source: ATIeRecord) (User: )

Error: (02/01/2016 11:29:16 PM) (Source: COM) (User: )
Description: {CDC82860-468D-4D4E-B7E7-C298FF23AB2C}

System errors:
=============
Error: (02/06/2016 04:20:39 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 3:58:07 PM on ‎2/‎6/‎2016 was unexpected.

Error: (02/06/2016 01:22:44 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: application-specificLocalActivation{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}NT AUTHORITYSYSTEMS-1-5-18LocalHost (Using LRPC)UnavailableUnavailable

Error: (02/06/2016 11:34:00 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: application-specificLocalActivation{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}NT AUTHORITYSYSTEMS-1-5-18LocalHost (Using LRPC)UnavailableUnavailable

Error: (02/06/2016 11:23:42 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (02/06/201... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604688/my-laptop-randomly-restarts-approx-1-x-week-windows-10/
Relevancy 49.88%

When trying to upload photos to this forum they are not uploading in the order I tell them to so thats the reason when when I reference picture numbers they are not in order and all out of whack I Have an Acer that likes to restart on its own Tonight was the last straw I was workking on a paper didnt save it and I guess I fell asleep at the computer The startup sound at the login screen randomly scrambled during is / Windows NIGHT Laptop Chrome 7 restarts woke Windows 7 Laptop randomly restarts during NIGHT / Chrome is scrambled me up My paper is gone Kind of hard to save when I am sleeping This is not new this is an ongoing problem but Im doing something about it now - WHat are snap ins and how do I remove this MMC garbage and whatever snapins are from my computer Snap in must be Windows 7 Laptop randomly restarts during NIGHT / Chrome is scrambled new because I have never seen heard of them before and did just fine without them I Dont want MMC or quot snapin quot on or in my machine picture at bottom - What does anybody make of this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP C C BCP BCP BCP E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Laptop AppData Local temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt - Picture at bottom - Picture at bottom - When I am taking these screenshot and saving them it keeps trying to put them in favs and is making me MANUALLY select dropbox everytime It wont hold the setting to dropbox - This is an ongoing problem as of recent - at extremely random times chrome will open like picture Close it and reopen it open a new tab and close the new tab then the orignial scrambled tab will look and function as normal If I leave chrome like that and not open a new tab or do anything else the screen will just sit like that It will NOT correct itself UNTIL I open a new tab Its just on the initial opening of the program No other program on my laptop does this Just Chrome and its RECENT and it does not happen on the desktop computer Chrome has been uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still doing this Picture at bottom I have RECENTLY scanned this computer with Malware bytes Microsoft Security Essentials AVG IOBit Super Anti spyware Free windows registry repair AVG defrag IOBit defrag so I would like to think my computer is not infected If it was infected though the hacker would have no way of telling if I was awake or asleep because I keep electric tape over my webcam but somehow it still like to restart itself ONLY in the middle of the night while I sleep and theres no activity so I wake up to a login password screen Its like this laptop it KNOWS when Im sleeping and it creeping me out Event ID in the day afternoon would probably be a result of the cameras overloading the computer or me holding the power button for seconds and bypassing proper shut down procedure when I am in a hurry The RANDOM restarts I'm trying to figure out are the ones that wake me up in the night Which is why I am here typing this at am instead of sleeping right now Would a low Windows Experience index of and only gigs of ram have anything to to with with Processor is T and MOST IMPORTANT - HOW can I get the notes back that I lost when my computer randomly restarted Would anything like Zero Access recovery or Recuva work There HAS to be SOME KIND of way to do it Everytime I type a button on my keyboard the HDD wirties and changes 's and 's regardless if its saved or not the s and s are still changing Could I still not RECOVER the changed s and s or did it quot UNDO quot all the amp changing from wordpad at restart Sorry if this long but I am REALLY pissed off right now and had alot to cover I can MAKE the laptop restart... Read more

A:Windows 7 Laptop randomly restarts during NIGHT / Chrome is scrambled

Where do I start. There could be a multitude of things that could cause your computer to randomly restart. Hardware Failure, Overheating, Virus or Malware, Core Windows Files Corrupted.

Hardware failure is a hard one to track down in a laptop since everything is on the motherboard, overheating is easy to diagnose, download CPUID HW Monitor (HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) run it and see what your temperatures are. Virus or Malware you have already covered by a multitude or programs and presumably they have all said your computer is clean, and Core Windows File Corruptions are again relatively easy to diagnose by opening command prompt (press the Windows Key and R at the same time and type "cmd" without quotes to open Command Prompt) and type "sfc /scannow" again without quotes.

The other thing I suggest you download is BlueScreenView (Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.), this looks at those minidump files that are created every time you get a Blue Screen, and gives a little bit more information than what the default windows error reporting does.

Wouldn't do any harm to post screenshots of your temperatures and what BlueScreenView shows you.

Chrome is a funny one, it sounds like something is opening Chrome and causing it to open new tabs and do all those weird things, and it really does sound like a malware issue but as you have said you've run several scans and they all came back clean. That is unless you only ran quick scans, in which case there may be something else hidden somewhere that the scans haven't looked at.

Lastly if you have a paper to write try using a professional piece of office software that automatically saves your work. Never use WordPad since as you have found to your demise it doesn't automatically save your work.

There are great free Office Programs out there like OpenOffice or LibreOffice that will save your work automatically so you can't use the poor student excuse . Heck all you need to do is to start a new Document and save it what it is, after that most proper office programs that I know of will auto-save so if your computer crashes you can recover what you typed, or at least the majority of it.

Also this would probably be better off in the BSOD Help and Support Forum since the majority of the problem is BSOD related, the Chrome part is Software though, but I understand how hard it is to split something like this in two when you're writing it at 5am instead of sleeping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/334718-windows-7-laptop-randomly-restarts-during-night-chrome-scrambled.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an older Dell laptop that is running Windows XP It s been working fine lately though I ve always had problems with it I just ran a virus malware check two days ago and cleaned everything up I haven t used it since then but today I pressed the power button and waited for it to startup It goes to the Dell screen and then to the Windows loading screen After that it automatically shuts down and then restarts itself It does this continuously I pressed F and tried starting it up using safe mode and all of the other options but it did the exact same thing I don t have a Windows XP CD but after reading a bit I think that After XP Running Continuously Laptop Windows Dell Startup Restarts may be the only way Dell Laptop Running Windows XP Continuously Restarts After Startup to fix it XP Repair Install Is there any other solution to this problem and what could have caused this in the first place EDIT http support microsoft com Default aspx kbid Could this be the problem I don t have the Windows XP setup CD so how can I use the Recovery Console to fix this

A:Dell Laptop Running Windows XP Continuously Restarts After Startup

Contact Dell for a replacement Operating System disk. You'll need it if you go with the repair install, and it'll let you get into the recovery console also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174993/dell-laptop-running-windows-xp-continuously-restarts-after-startup/
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been getting the BSOD for a few days now, this happens only when the laptop lid is closed. I have set the option "choose what closing the lid does" to "do nothing". this is because i have the broadband ON and I'm usually downloading stuff. When i open the lid
I see a box that says "windows has recovered from an unexpected error" and the problem event name has "blue screen"

I've attached the dump files........please help

A:BSOD when laptop lid is closed,

Quote: Originally Posted by miltonsimons

I've been getting the BSOD for a few days now, this happens only when the laptop lid is closed. I have set the option "choose what closing the lid does" to "do nothing". this is because i have the broadband ON and I'm usually downloading stuff. When i open the lid
I see a box that says "windows has recovered from an unexpected error" and the problem event name has "blue screen"

I've attached the dump files........please help

Easy. AVG and McAffee. Remove both and install Microsoft Security Essentials
I do notice McAffee which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide
It is never a good idea to run more than one active malware application at a time. The overlap can allow malware access to the very system your are trying to protect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203228-bsod-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a laptop, Sony Vaio, which have the power button on the right side, not over the keyboard like some other models.
So I would like to turn on the laptop by pushing the power button anytime - even when the lid is closed.
But this is not the case, I can only turn on the laptop when i open the lid.
I have connected my laptop to TV (as dock, via HDMI port) to look at movies.
I have changed the power settings to do nothing when i closing the lid.
Which works fine, but I still need to open a lid, turn on, and close the lid again!
I think it should be an easy way to solve this problem.
So i want to know is there any way to turn on windows when the lid is closed?

Thank you in advance!

A:Power up a laptop with the lid closed

Hardware, you would have to physically modify the hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182555-power-up-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This may not be that unusual, but it has never happened to me before. My HP laptop was in sleep mode in my carry case after being brought in from a trip last night. I'm sitting in a quiet room this morning, when I suddenly hear it start up. I then took it out of the case, to find it totally cool, so I know it wasn't on all night, but can anyone tell me how it could start up like that?

I guess lesson one from this is never place it in a bag while in sleep mode.

Thanks for any information.

Peg

Relevancy 49.45%

Some background first. I live on a boat, with limited space for extras. I have 3 Win7 laptops (32 bit Home & Pro, 64 bit Pro) that I use for different things. I also have a Toshiba Dynadock (powered USB hub) to which my monitor and speakers are connected. By switching which machine the hub is plugged into, I can use each with the monitor and wireless keyboard & mouse.

My "problem" is storing the laptops. My question is, can I operate them with them standing on edge instead of flat? Seems like I should be able to, but would appreciate a more informed opinion, and/or any cautions about doing so.

Thanks

A:Using laptop as a desktop (lid closed)

I see no reason that this should not work. Just make sure that the cooling vents are not obstructed,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362041-using-laptop-desktop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

The last days my laptop is not going to sleep when I close the lid; nothing happens. When I open the lid everything is still running.

I already tried a couple of things. I restored the laptop 5 days back, but no result. Also I closed the lid feature has sleep selected for both battery and plugged in.

Can someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thanks!

A:Laptop is not sleeping when lid closed

Does the display stay on when its closed? You may have to close it in a very dark room to tell. It could be that the switch used to tell the laptop that the lid is closed has failed. I have mine set to do nothing and my display will blank out, the back light turns off when I close the lid.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52230-laptop-not-sleeping-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop running on windows 7. 64 bit.

For quite sometime now, my laptop has been freezing randomly. It occurs mostly when I am browsing the web or when playing a game. The computer also freezes when the lid is shut/enters hibernation mode.

When it freezes in hibernation/sleep mode, the cooling fan is extremely loud, so overheating may be a cause, but I'm not quite sure. I ran a virus/spyware check, but nothing came up. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Laptop freezes during use and while the lid is closed.

Welcome olund007.

Looking up the specs of the laptop it seems unlikely that you are running too much stuff that it would just freeze. If you suspect a heating issue, try clearing out the fans (best idea would be to use a can of compressed air and with some short quick bursts, spray inside the laptop). << Best to do this outside if it is really bad!

Just some things that might help:
Run system file checker
> - Click on the Start globe/button
> - Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
> - Then enter 'sfc /scannow'

Let that scan through.

You could also run a memory test and check disc:
> - As before, go to cmd.exe
> - Enter chkdsk c: /r
> - If some question appears, enter Y and restart computer.

To run memory test...
I am not sure if the Dell Inspiron 1764 has a memory tester with it, so you can just run the one that comes with windows
> - Click on the Start button/globe
> - Enter mdsched.exe
You should get asked to restart and run a check or something.

Try updating your drivers (graphics drivers, etc..) and download the latest versions of various software that you use (so up to date browser, java (if needed), etc..).

Hopefully this will help your instability issues.

Running a disc defrag and cleanup might be a good idea as well...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-during-use-and-while-the-lid-is-closed-639800.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was browsing my computer when my brothers laptop sounded like wen you login to windows and when i went and opened it it had a black screen and wasnt working i had to force restart it and turn it on again, it had alot of trash and i just factory restarted it and my mom brought it to his friend that is a computer engineer and he said its clean, it may have been a system glitch but i just wana be sure, i have bad memory so i dont remember well but i think thats what i heard but it might be my laptop but it did have a black screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573365/sound-on-a-closed-laptop/
Relevancy 49.02%

So every time I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode, it crashes and another problem that may be related is that, when I put my laptop in hibernate it starts back up and then I have to put it in hibernate again; this problem has been going on for a while but the sleep mode/BSOD problem recently started.

System Specs:
Lenovo N 500
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (full retail)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM

A:BSOD Problem when laptop lid is closed

Welcome
It looks like the cause of your problem is your bison cam software.
Either uninstall completely or
update all drivers
Your specific problem
Bisonc07.sys file descriptionProductname: BisonCam64 UVC, USB 2.0 Camera 08 Description: Universal Serial Bus Camera Driver Company: Bison Electronics. Inc.

Biscon07.sys is the specfic driver causing the problem if you want to try and update.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294977-bsod-problem-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!

I have been having problems with my ASUS laptop recently. I am not sure if this is related with the BSODs I've been having but the sound driver fails to boot up from time to time. I appreciate your assistance and time very much!

A:BSOD when lid of laptop is closed and idle

Welcome

The BSOD you are getting is due to the Atheros Network adapter driver.
Get an update for it.

Source | athrx.sys | Atheros network adapter driver
ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

Post back if you get more crashes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252666-bsod-when-lid-laptop-closed-idle.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I hope someone can help me. Brand new Acer Aspire with Windows 7. It worked okay for the first month and then started to make a noise when the lid is closed - thereby freezing. My power settings are set to Sleep upon closing the lid and Task bar is not on auto hide. I choose updates myself, so there is nothing unwanted. Any suggestions, any help? Thanks.

A:Acer Laptop freezes when lid is closed

Welcome to SF!

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles began.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80832-acer-laptop-freezes-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there so I accidentally closed my laptop lid while it was updating and now all this is coming on is the wallpaper wht do I do? it's a Sony vaio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidently-closed-my-laptop-while-updating.1163468/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an hp laptop windows -bit fully updated via windows update when turns lid internet off Laptop closed I sometimes hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI Laptop internet turns off when lid closed cable I am connecting to the internet and network via wireless card I have it set in power options so that when the lid is closed Laptop internet turns off when lid closed quot do nothing quot unfortunately when the lid closes the internet doesn't respond and says there is a problem with Laptop internet turns off when lid closed the DNS server when there isn't any problem at all because all of the other devices on the network are working completely fine Also the internet people ran a diagnostic and it's perfectly fine at almost megs down I figured there was a problem with it when I close the lid the internet stops responding as for when the lid is opened the internet is fine I went into the device manager and went to the properties of my wireless networking card and in there to power management and unchecked allow computer to turn off to save power or something like that Anyways I'm at a lost I'm not sure what else to do It seems the computer is still connected to the network just not the internet I would like to be able to close the lid and internet browse on my tv if possible Thank you

A:Laptop internet turns off when lid closed

Try using High Performance profile in Power Management.

How long does the lid have to be closed for this to happen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325321-laptop-internet-turns-off-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite S t-A rencently It has Windows not The network wireless adaptor is Realtek RTL E Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Unfortunately when I close the laptop lid the wireless internet connection disconnects I tried the following I made sure to go to the Realtek Wireless Network Adaptor in Device Manager and unchecked the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot I also closed disconnects when Wireless is lid laptop went to the Power Options and set it so it does Nothing when Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed the lid is closed In Advanced Power Settings I Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed changed the Wireless Adaptor Settings' Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance I updated the wireless network adaptor driver and that did not help I also removed it and put back an older driver which did not help either I removed the Toshiba Eco power management program that came with the computer I restarted the computer several times and I still have this problem The other laptops with Windows at our house do not do this Now I have to leave the laptop lid open when I am downloading something that will take awhile because the wifi shuts off after a few moments when I close the lid Has anyone else experienced this Is there a way to fix this I'm not sure if this is a Toshiba problem or Windows problem I'm tempted to return the laptop since this is quite annoying I tried searching the forum first but couldn't find anything helpful

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35595-wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I close the lid to my laptop (HP Pavilion) it will sometimes shut off. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it. In the power options I have it set to "do nothing" for both plugged in and battery for when the lid is closed but still for some reason it'll sometimes shut down.

I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered before, but there are just too many threads to go through them all and a Google search didn't turn anything up for my specific problem.

Any help would be great!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259512-laptop-shuts-down-randomly-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So every time I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode, it crashes and another problem that may be related is that, when I put my laptop in hibernate it starts back up and then I have to put it in hibernate again; this problem has been going on for a while but the sleep mode/BSOD problem recently started.

System Specs:
Lenovo N 500
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (full retail)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM

A:BSOD Problem when laptop lid is closed

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the crash report so we can provide more informed troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213366-bsod-problem-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, often when i close the lid on my laptop it opens up programs and files that are visible on the screen when i close it. I have set my laptop to "do nothing" when i close the lid because i dont want it to go into sleep or anything. I dont know if this is a virus or not. i have used Avast antivirus to scan my computer several times and came up empty. I dont expect you to know exactly what is causing this but maybe someone here have had the same experience and might be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you

A:My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

This could be caused by the closing of the top putting pressure on the keyboard. Set the laptop to shutdown when the top is closed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-opens-up-things-when-the-lid-is-closed.174403/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
first time here, I have about a week experience (pulled out some hair) with windows 8/8.1, but I consider myself pretty comfortable with Windows in general.

When my win8.1 laptop is in sleep mode, I can wake it with a mere touch of my external bluetooth k/b without any issues, as long as the lid is opened. If I close the lid, I can continue to use it as its connected to a big Samsung plasma tv. But if I let the laptop go to sleep (or put it to sleep myself thru the menu), I am unable to wake it back; I need to pull it out from a/v furniture, open the lid and press the power button.

Is this a win8 thing, an Acer Aspire thing, or worse it can't be done?
Anyone else able to wake from sleep their win8 laptop w/closed lid???

Thanks

A:Waking laptop from sleep with lid closed

Try going into the power options and set the option for what to do when the lid is closed to "do nothing".

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40159-waking-laptop-sleep-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My brand new HP Pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or the computer is in sleep mode. I have tried changing any relevant power settings and have already consulted multiple friends. I'm wondering if there's a hidden setting I have yet to discover or if my battery is busted. The computer is under warantee so if I have to I can take it back to bestbuy and have it replaced, but if there's a dyi method that I've yet to try I would like to get all those out of the way as best buy is rather far away from my house.

A:Laptop only charging when lid is closed or computer is in sl...

Hello @dupbuck, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook computer only charges when the lid is closed, or when the computer has entered sleep mode, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! To configure your power options for charging when the lid is both up and active, I recommend following the steps in this document on Managing Power Options (Windows 8). Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below to reset the default power schemes for your computer: Step 1. Click the Start buttonStep 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"Step 3. Right-click Command PromptStep 4. Click Run as administratorStep 5. At the command prompt, type powercfg /restoredefaultschemes and press Enter  reference: http://superuser.com/questions/669571/windows-8-1-64-bit-power-schemes-gone Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-only-charging-when-lid-is-closed-or-computer-is-in/td-p/4800918
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay here goes I m not a programmer but I was wondering if it would be possible to write a little background program that would closed Program being lid monitor my to laptop's put my computer to lockdown when I closed the lid on my laptop computer Here is the command i wanted executed rundll user dll LockWorkStation Note Before anyone gives other options I do not want to use standby hibernate screen savers passwords or the win L Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed And the option isn t Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed under window s power control options ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is the information I Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed ve gotten so far If you check out this link http msdn microsoft com library d db -fe - d-b bb- c d ad ec xml asp It talks about detecting when a computer is closed or open - quot PO CB LID SWITCH STATE amp Indicates that the lid switch has changed states quot But is this in C or visual basic or something Finally my friend has posted this quot Basically it looks like the event is available at the driver level but not at the application level So you have to write a driver to capture this callback then pass it along somehow to an application which will do what you want quot nbsp

A:Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed

No replies uh?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-monitor-my-laptops-lid-being-closed.277100/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All
This is my first time on any forum so forgive me if I have gone to the wrong place. I have had the common problem of broken hinges on my L50 B. I have replaced both hinges and to all intent and purpose ever thing went well, i.e. the lid opens and closes great now. I have however done something wrong, the laptop now doesn't sleep when I close the lid. I have checked all the power settings and the advanced settings and they are set to sleep when lid is closed. Has anyone any idea what I may have done wrong. Can anyone tell me what the motherboard connection of the lid sensor switch looks like? Any help gratefully received.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93435-LAptop-doesn-t-sleep-when-the-lid-is-closed
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm getting tired of finding half my battery being depleted because my laptop did not stay alseep.  Wondering if there is a way to fix this issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Is-there-a-fix-to-ensure-a-closed-laptop-Yoga-2-Pro-stays-asleep/td-p/3438641
Relevancy 49.02%

This problem started a few days ago. Whenever I close my laptop, the computer shuts down. I've done the obvious and checked the settings for sleep, hibernate and shutdown on lid close, but those are all set to sleep, not shutdown. As you might imagine, this issue is a real hassle. I've been losing work and spending far too long on start up time with this.

The laptop itself is an hp pavilion dv4, if that might have anything to do with it.

Any ideas?

A:unwanted shutdown when laptop is closed

Hi -Configure the notebook buttons and display panel lid behavior. HP Notebook PCs - Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernate Mode You may or may not have read this item from HPScroll down and see if the information relates to your problem -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448395/unwanted-shutdown-when-laptop-is-closed/
Relevancy 49.02%

sometimes "com surrogate not working" error comes but i dont think that is the problem behind disconnection main issue is that while is close the lid of my  laptop, after sometime it disconnects wifi automaticallyin the power options the closing lid option has been selected to do nothingthen also problem persistsdont know what to dowhen is open the lid again it connects

A:wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed

Hi, You can turn this off using Device Manager (a) Go to Device Manager,(b) Expand Network adapters,(c) Right click Wireless adapter and select Properties,(d) Go to Power Management tab,(e) Untick Allow the computer to turn off ...(f) Click Ok/Apply             Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/td-p/5640429
Relevancy 49.02%

I notice that the top part around the hinge seems to have a bit of space (looseness) you want to call it between the two pieces. I gently press on it and notice it will make a creaky/ing sound from the plastic. I dont know if its me or if its common on laptops - but im pretty sure laptops should feel rock solid esp when closed - am I right? I dont know if I should change it. Especially right around the screen if I gently press on it, I can hear the plastic creak quite noticeably and feel space gaps between the plastics. I dont know, this is my 1st laptop, so I dont know how solid laptops are suppose to feel in hand.

from a very worried member
thanks.

A:My laptop feels bit wierd when closed

Are you saying the plastic casing "flexes"? How long have you had this laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-feels-bit-wierd-when-closed.271980/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Studio running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and the laptop doesn't sleep when I close the lid, except I double-checked my settings in the control panel and it's supposed to sleep.

I've had the computer for over 6 months now and the problem first started yesterday, right after I installed the latest Windows updates. When I close the lid, the computer doesn't sleep, but even when I open the lid, nothing appears on the monitor. It's still black and unresponsive, although the power button isn't blinking, so I know it's still awake.

A:Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

Hello ieatlikeawolf, Welcome to the Forum.

Could you answer a few questions?
Does the laptop go into sleep mode if you choose Sleep from the start menu?
Have you tried doing a System Restore to a point before you installed the updates?
Did you install Update KB976902 at the same time as other updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138751-laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey hey, so the problem is i want to leave my laptop running when doing renders that take hours on end. I've disabled the sleep mode in every way that I know how to (see screen shots). When the lid is open it doesn't go to sleep, but when it's closed after about minutes it goes into sleep mode (all fans off etc).

This never happened with windows 7 and i've triesd programs like insomnia which haven't helped at all. Id really love to get to the bottom of this, otherwise I might have to reluctantly revert to windows 7

Anyone offering ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers

A:Unwanted sleep when laptop is closed

Hi safety1g,

FYI, I have seen this behavior before on a few Sony Vaio models, and each time it was referred back to Sony support, where they said the option to "change what the lid does when closed" is/was not supported in their power management scheme and there was no workaround for this issue. So, just consider this an FYI at this point; however, if you can't get your issue resolved quicky, I would spend 10 minutes on the phone with your laptop's manufacturing support group to see if they can confirm a similar issue.

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34522-unwanted-sleep-when-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

so, EVERY TIME I close(and re open) my laptop lid the touchpad stops working. seemed to happen after a win X update(not upgrade TO win x) it is so extremely frustrating. the only way i can get it to respond again is to reboot. I have tried disabling and reenabling the touchpad, updating drivers, and nothing seems to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchpad-stops-working-when-laptop-lid-gets-closed/td-p/5618964
Relevancy 48.16%

I think I made a thread about this a while back to no success. My laptop goes to sleep when I close the lid even with the lid settings modified. I don't want it to sleep. Idk what exactly to do.

A:Laptop sleeps when lid closed, even with setting disabled.

What is the setting in Power Options for what happens when you close the lid?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339762-laptop-sleeps-when-lid-closed-even-setting-disabled.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Printer is HP Inkjet
Laptop is VIAO
OS is Vista
The printer works fine after booting, however the printer does not print though the job show printing and the job cannot be deleted in these conditions:
1- the laptop has gone to sleep and is "revived" and then we try to print something local or from gmail or other online doc
2- the laptop is closed but not turned off and when it is reopened and "revived" - same problem

The only way then to make it print is to reboot the laptop - then and only then the print jobs start.

Any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-does-not-print-after-laptop-goes-to-sleep-or-was-closed.861035/
Relevancy 48.16%

Can the download be restarted and picked up from the same point? Or do I have to start alll over again?

I was using the save (not run) in the download. And there is an exe file on my desktop. (incomplete, I assume)

any way to do this?

(I was dowloading the Battle for Middle Earth Demo, in case you were wondering)

thanks

A:Help! I was downloading a BIG exe file and my wife closed my laptop!

If you were using Internet Explorer, then you might be able to resume, but I doubt it. If you were using Opera there is the option to resume transfer. I'd look into something like that.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-was-downloading-a-big-exe-file-and-my-wife-closed-my-laptop.43867/
Relevancy 48.16%

Craziest thing. I have a laptop. I close the lid on the bugger, it goes into standby (for sure... I know this much.. lol)

Just about the same time every morning, I head it turn on. The screen is still blank but stuff is running. OR I will go to work with MSN Messenger running and will get a pop up saying You are signed into two places at once, meaning it has come out of standby automatically. Any idea what could cause this?

A:Toshiba Laptop automatically comes out of Standby while the lid is closed!!!

The standby/hibernate switch is a small pin switch by the hinge
Depending on the model of the laptop, there are a few different "wake on" options in the BIOS that are normally set to disabled
A corrupt video driver can also play tricks with standby/hibernate

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223699/toshiba-laptop-automatically-comes-out-of-standby-while-the-lid-is-closed/
Relevancy 48.16%

This is similar to the issue in this thread.
Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

I have a Dell laptop that always went to sleep reliably when I closed the lid. Now it does not. I am able to get the laptop to sleep with the Start --> Sleep option but not with the lid closing and not with the power button.

On the power options interface screen, in the section that says "Power Buttons and Lid" there is no way to set a lid action - there is no choice or link available. It's like someone completely removed the computer's knowledge that it has a lid - maybe it somehow got tricked into thinking it was a desktop?

Thanks in advance for your help - I appreciate it!

Windows 7 Professional x64 running...

-Mike

A:Dell Laptop no longer sleeps when lid is closed

Now that I'm thinking about it, it may be in some "desktop" mode instead of a laptop mode. Here are other data points:
- It no longer shows the battery indicator in the lower right status bar
- The power options no longer show different options for when the system is "plugged in" vs "on battery power", it's just one setting.
- No more "lid" settings as I said above.

Hmmm - does anyone know how to check this or what a possible fix might be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/148207-dell-laptop-no-longer-sleeps-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I was just wondering if you can advise on something My new laptop keeps waking itself from sleep in my bag As far as I can tell the screen comes on and does not turn off and the laptop stays on until it runs out of battery about hours This closed for bad - Laptop when screen? from waking sleep causes the screen and laptop in general to get very hot as it is in my bag and Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen? in a laptop sleeve I wondered if it Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen? was bad for the screen to get this hot I know the components can handle it otherwise the laptop would shut down But I am worried about the screen It is the Asus UX LA-R H It has a LCD panel matte non-touch if that makes a difference Windows As for the waking up I think it might have been waking after hours to go in to hibernate so I have turned off hibernation in power settings but I am yet to try this latest change I have no tasks scheduled to wake the laptop all devices bar the keyboard aren't allowed to wake it can't be woken by internet etc What is curious is that it when this happens it does not sleep after minutes or turn off the display after minutes as per my settings Does anyone have any ideas on this Summary - Is this bad for laptop screen elsewhere on the laptop to be on in a closed environment and this hot for hours Any further ideas why it might be turning on and then not sleeping after minutes THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

A:Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen?

It's definitely not good for the battery. Getting hot in the bag isn't god either. If it was me I would do a full shut down instead of sleep mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65385-laptop-waking-sleep-when-closed-bad-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all

basically I have set all options to say don't do anything when I close the laptop lid yet on my vlc player it decides to loop like 10/20 seconds of the song playing through my headphones when playing on the speakers it's fine so I believe, i have tried re installing the drivers (no luck) tried window update (that caused the problem can't roll back) and i have tried windows diagnostic service and that says there is an error, yet when i try to fix it it says that the headphones are not plugged in or nothing into that socket.

Any help would be grate,

Many thanks, David

P.s. my laptop is running windows 8 (hp pavilion DM1 amd E2)

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/42927-sound-looping-being-choppy-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Beginning on March 26, 2015 almost every time I close my laptop lid, my machine doesn't enter sleep mode properly, and as a result, it shuts down with a BSOD error that I find when I start the machine again.

I have tried putting the machine into Sleep from the Start > Shutdown menu, and it still fails to enter sleep mode properly.

I downloaded and installed BlueScreenView, and I found that I am encountering the same errors pretty consistently. I have one error on 4/1/2015 that was related to the Wireless card, and some errors prior to 3/26 related to software that I have since removed. All remaining dumps since 3/26 have a bug check string of DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver ntkrnlpa.exe

I have attached the DM Log Collector zip file from my system.

A:BSOD when laptop lid is closed, ntkrnlpa.exe error

Do two things.

First, download and install Intel? PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7.

Second, Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and the touchpad driver, SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 86730028 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwsn01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwsn01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwsn01.sys
\Driver\NETwNs32
Args: 00014400 00000001 00000004 00000002
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 8665e828 00000000 00000000-00000000 pending
\Driver\vwifibus
Args: 00014400 00000001 00000004 00000002

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366927-bsod-when-laptop-lid-closed-ntkrnlpa-exe-error.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I've looked through all the Windows options and used Google several times but I can't find a solution to this problem I bought a new is laptop disconnects internet Wireless when closed lid Sony Vaio VPCF M E all drivers are up-to-date and the options are correct I have the lid close action on quot do nothing quot and the box in the device manager - gt wireless lan driver unchecked so it's NOT allowed to turn off the device to save power Still whenever I close the lid on my laptop the wireless internet connection disconnects The actual wireless lan connections are still there when I open the lid my laptop is just not connected to the internet Also this seems to happen just whenever my laptop feels like it Sometimes the internet will be disconnected after minutes sometimes after hours I also left Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed an application running over night that constantly uses Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed the network connection to see if it disconnects while idling but when I woke up in the morning the wlan was disconnected as usual It's not my router it doesn't turn off the internet after X idle time and the network works fine when I leave my laptop open The problem I have with leaving my laptop open all the time is my cat Cat hair is a killer for poor computers I had an MSI laptop before I didn't have this problem My boyfriend also has a Medion that doesn't have this problem The th laptop in the house an Acer Aspire G has the same problem however Both laptops have Windows Professional bit installed as did the MSI laptop before where everything worked fine If you need any more information please let me know Please also note that this problem occurs on every internet connection - I have been in different networks so far always the same problem Also I had the same problem with a LAN cable so lan connection as well Thanks for your time

A:Wireless internet disconnects when laptop lid is closed

No suggestions? :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113139-wireless-internet-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

First off, lemme say it has been humorous for me to get all my greetings as idiot. I don't know where the first place to look for would be to find out how to download with the top down of my laptop using xp. I have turned power management to no avail. I have a compaq presario r3000 pentium with yer basic mobo ethernet (i'm not a complete idiot). Ok, so what I want to do is begin downloading a file, close the laptop screen, and have it continue on. Is there a software setting that allows or disallows such a feature? I figured it was power save and as it wasn't am looking for possible alternatives to getting files downloaded with the top down. I dunno, is this an impossible feat?

the idiot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-internet-connection-lost-when-flip-top-is-closed-31500.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am using a laptop with a monitor via vga cable, laptop is set not to sleep when lid is closed. So i close the lid and use it fine with external monitor but the internet becomes slow....dont rly know what to do. works fine when lid is open.
possibly a driver automatically becoming sluggish upon closing lid? please help thx
google chrome
win 7 64bit
lenovo v570 laptop

A:Internet becomes slow on external monitor when laptop's lid is closed?

bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347209-internet-becomes-slow-external-monitor-when-laptops-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new window switch laptop single is if display to closed? laptop and a large flat screen monitor and I ve been trying to decide how I want them configured Obviously I'm using the switch to single window display if laptop is closed? flat screen as the main monitor but sometimes I want to use the laptop's display as a second monitor and sometimes I want to use one monitor and have the laptop closed and out of the way I would prefer not to change my system settings every time I decide to switch between using and monitors I tried changing the configuration settings to using a dual display with the flat screen as my main monitor and changing the power settings so the laptop doesn t switch to sleep mode when I close the lid This seemed to work fine at first until I tried switch to single window display if laptop is closed? opening a folder and nothing seemed to come up Even though my laptop is closed and shoved out of the way Windows still treats the laptop monitor as being active thus causing some applications to open on laptops monitor rather than on the main screen There also the lesser problem that I my mouse will 'disappear' if I move it too far to the left and it switches to the other screen What I would prefer is to have some way that Windows will recognize when the laptop screen is shut and automatically switch from dual to single screen mode and switch back to dual screen when I re-open the laptop Can anyone suggest how this can be done Actually there is one other thing I would like to do with my spiffy new monitor but I'm not sure it is possible I would prefer for clicks on one screen to not force applications on the other screen to minimize I've been trying to stream video on one screen while working on the other atm Hulu is the only TV I've got but it keeps switching the video out of full screen mode every time it registers a click on the second screen The same issue happens with playing games or running any other program that monopolizes a screen I won't rest until I have managed to play WoW while watching streaming video of Babylon all from the same computer It s a right of geekhood

A:switch to single window display if laptop is closed?

Been researching and asking questions along those lines myself. As far as I can tell all of that is beyond the capabilities of the current technology.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/54039-switch-single-window-display-if-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, is there somehow a way to do something special, when I close my laptop other than shutdown or standby? For example set the energy saving profile from balanced to energy saving, and back when opening the lid again. Actually I want the laptop to behave the following:

When I close my laptop lid, it still should run, but the processor speed should be limited to it's lowest possible state, and might not be allowed to run higher.

I want this because I had problems before, where Windows does "something stupid", when the lid is closed, for example run some indexing stuff or other scans, which causes the laptop to overheat when the cpu is running 100% and it's lid is closed.

Is there a certain party program which can do this?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36157-laptop-lid-closed-options-change-energy-profile.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello a little while ago I had some nasty viruses malware on my computer and the nice folks over Clears is all when Laptop Firefox Cookies Cache and Closed in that forum helped me clean it all up Well since I have gotten all cleaned up every time I go to close my laptop it Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed clears the Firefox cookies and cache Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed I do not use IE so I am not sure if it is happening in that browser This problem only started occuring after my viruses malware was cleaned off I asked the nice guy that was Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed helping me if anything he had me do would be causing this and he said quot No quot and I should ask for help over here I can still use the internet but it is very difficult to have to choose things every time I go to every website The Firefox is remembering my passwords and user names but it is not keeping me logged in at the places I used to be logged in forever at one forum now I have to do it each time It does not happen when I just close Firefox and then reopen it only when I close the laptop and the computer goes to sleep it does not hibernate when closed just sleeps I am using Windows XP with Service Pack Firefox on a Dell Inspiron Any help to stop it from clearing my cache cookies is much appreciated

A:Firefox Clears all Cookies and Cache when Laptop is Closed

Go to Tools... Options... and then the Privacy tab. Is "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checked?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230122/firefox-clears-all-cookies-and-cache-when-laptop-is-closed/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i have an otherwise working laptop that seems to shutdown completely (closes browser, shuts off programs) when the lid merely closes. I updated everything I could fine on Dell's website but to no relief. What can I do to fix this issue? 

A:Dell XPS 13 9350: Shutting down completely when laptop lid is closed.

Hi dsafwe,
Shutdown/ Sleep/ Hibernate is completely based on the video card drivers installed correctly and the Operating system on the system.
I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

Open the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
Now select properties.
In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then NVidia/AMD card driver (If system is configured with discrete video card) on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993064
Relevancy 47.3%

I have windows vista installed on my laptop.
all my drivers are updated yet i have the problem of whenever i
close my laptop screen and open it later on it will not return from a black screen

i've tried the workarounds microsoft gave and none of them work

Mainboard : HP 30AE
Chipset : ATI Radeon RS480M
Processor : AMD Turion 64 ML-34 @ 1800 MHz
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon XPRESS 200
Hard Disk : ST98823A (80 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : PHILIPS DVDRAM SDVD8821H ATA Device
DVD-Rom Drive : BB0420H ZHO561L SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : 20 inches
Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM4309 802.11a/b/g
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6000
DirectX : Version 10.00
and those are my system specs.. everything there cept vista came preinstalled on my laptop
any help would be appreciated

A:vista laptop screen going black when lid closed and wont appear when opened.. help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-screen-going-black-when-lid-closed-and-wont-appear-when-opened-help.572195/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I recently noticed that when I close the lid completely, the monitor doesn't turn off, I can still see light coming from the gap. I've done a fresh install of windows xp recently, but I didn't notice whether it was from the start, or did I do something to fault it.

I have a Dell inspiron 1520. Well worth noting here that when I choose standy when lid is closed it works, so that means the lever mechanism works. That's why I put this in the software section.

Don't know what else to add. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I have my xps for a few months now but still I haven t found any solutions for my problems st Problem Whenever I boot windows or sometimes after energy-saving mode the keyboard just doesn t work at all I already tried waiting for a few minutes and smashing every button on it nothing made the keyboard working again To solve this I have to restart the (keyboard closed Problems and XPS15 laptop) Dell 9550 computer after that it works nd Problem Whenever I close it while running it just won t quot wake up quot again The power-button-light lights after opening the laptop but the screen stays black rd Dell XPS15 9550 Problems (keyboard and closed laptop) Problem Sometimes when I want to boot windows it just won t I see the quot DELL quot -logo then the few blinks at the top-left corner of the screen A white blinks times and after that nothing happens So these are my problems I hope somebody can help Dell XPS15 9550 Problems (keyboard and closed laptop) me with these because it s very anoying if I have to start the computer twice so that it works like it should If you have any more detailed questions please ask them sincerely SgtDomo P S I have most of the quot recommended quot drivers installed but if you think I am missing one please also tell me nbsp nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993649
Relevancy 46.87%

Basically every time i search something on google and click a result, i get redirected to a page full of ads
My laptop also shuts off when i close the screen even though i have it set not to

Operating system: windows 7
Have not gotten any error messeges other than when my computer boots it says "Windows shut done unexpectedly" "find solution" "close"

A:Google results re-direct to spam pages, and my laptop keeps shutting down when lid is closed

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431797/google-results-re-direct-to-spam-pages-and-my-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-when-lid-is-closed/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys

having a big issue with my new computer here, it started when i installed Grand Theft Auto 4, everytime i tried launching the game on Steam/in folder. My computer restarts itself straight away each time! Later on i notice when i left the computer on while i'm sleepin the computer restarts itself sometimes too. Once a BSOD appeared.

I had no other issues with all the other games, til i bought and installed Dead Space today, again the same problem! Restarts when i click Play again!

I have attached a zip file of my minidump if that helps

Any help in resolving this would be most appreciated.

Regards
Chris

A:Windows 7 PC restarts itself when launching certain games/restarts itself on random

My PC started to restart itself randomly a while ago, but I honestly couldn't tell you what caused it because I dont know! I opened her up and looked inside and checked all the connections (with some I disconnected and reconnected to make sure they were on right) and after that... no more problems! Strange and unhelpful I know... but might be worth checking your connections.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-pc-restarts-itself-when-launching-certain-games-restarts-itself-on-random-545944.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Heres my problem when I Moved from Laptop at boot restarts Laptop Support: turn on my Presario I get the Compaq screen then it goes to the windows xp loading screen and at the next step when it should Moved from Laptop Support: Laptop restarts at boot go to windows log in it flashes a blue screen too fast to read what it says and reboots Now I just signed up here a couple of minutes ago and when I got to this forum I saw the recovery sticky and tried those directions At the compaq screen I repeatedly tapped f but instead of giving me options per the instructions it seemed to do the diagnostic on it's own It passed a lot of the functions the only error being quot system cmos checksum bad- used default settings quot So I looked Moved from Laptop Support: Laptop restarts at boot up the error and it says the error could be three things bad cmos battery bad bios update or corruption due to incorrect shut down Now if I was to guess at one of these three options I'd guess it was the battery This is a pretty old laptop and as far as I know the battery has never been changed So heres my questions Does this sound like a plausible explanation of whats wrong I've had the hard drive go bad on me once before and the symptoms were completely different If it was the cmos battery would the laptop start with default settings even though I haven't changed the battery The laptop took a jolt shortly before this started happening is it possible something just came loose I had the laptop shut down on me once because the fan was clogged with dust and bound up overheated Now with this problem the fan starts up at boot but shuts down within seconds before the laptop starts to reboot Could this be the problem Or a symptom Thank you in advance for any help I'm not a computer dunce although I don't really know squat about laptops Thanks

A:Moved from Laptop Support: Laptop restarts at boot

Moving you to XP support. This is a Windows issue.

Can you boot into safe mode or do last known good config?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-from-laptop-support-laptop-restarts-at-boot-184444.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
My lodger is having problems with his laptap. He's running Windows XP Professional SP3 with IE8. Every so often he will get a message to say that Windows is closing IE to protect his computer. I've cleaned his machine up with everything I know and have run sfc /scannow but the problem is still there. Any ideas?
Thanks.

A:IE8 closed by Windows

Hi John,

That is new one for me. Are you sure he is not infected? IF he is not infected,do you know what websites it happens on for example https:// sites?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-closed-by-windows-544054.html
Relevancy 43.43%

What the is going on with closed Explorer.exe Windows down Windows First a problem appeared whereby at random times my dialogue boxes Windows Explorer.exe closed down would be rendered unreadable by black lines This situation suddenly appeared and despite much help from Dalchina and the lovely people on this forum persisted through many resets reinstalls etc until just as miraculously it stopped and touching lots of wood hasn't returned for a week or two This problem was swiftly replaced by an equally randomly occuring event where File Explorer would take ages to open anything quot working on it quot at all and after eventually finding the drive file requested would crash when asked to open move save save as that item That seems to have worked its way out to be replaced by the latest problem Again really randomly File Explorer will suddenly crash give a quot white screen quot for a couple of seconds then close down altogether Looking at Event Viewer I can see an Admin Error that says The program explorer exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel Process ID ff Start Time d b f f Termination Time Application Path C Windows explorer exe Report Id c b- a- e - d -dc ea Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID I don't understand what I am looking at in this log or where to look next but if anyone can explain help I would be most grateful The cynic in me is wondering if there is a group of quot experts quot at Microsoft who have created a menu of problems that they are releasing one at a time to see how upset and angry we their customers get

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64760-windows-explorer-exe-closed-down.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 with all the latest patches applied to both, keeps re-opening pages I close and then duplicating them dozens of times. The sites aren't malicious and it seems (to me) to be almost at random which site does it.

I have the pop-up blocker at it's strictest setting. They aren't even pop-ups anyway. Just the same page. This happens most often with Blogspot pages, but just about any page can cause it.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I asked this a while back but got sidetracked. Read more: Windows re-opening over and over - Tech Support Forum Windows re-opening over and over

Attached in my output from toolbarcop.

A:Windows re-opening over and over when closed

Please try this:

Reset Internet Explorer Settings - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windows-re-opening-over-and-over-when-closed-556345.html
Relevancy 43%

This has happened at lease twice before. My Dell XPS was unplugged from the charger, and I locked it and closed it and at least 15 min later there was an unexpected shutdown. I know this because when I re-open the laptop, the computer is off and Windows tell me there was unexpected shutdown.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

A:Closed laptop (unplugged from charger), a while later "Unexpected Shutdown"

Maybe your laptop has its power settings set to - Shut Down when Lid is Closed (when on battery power).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/closed-laptop-unplugged-from-charger-a-while-later-unexpected-shutdown-585394.html
Relevancy 43%

Windows8 Pro laptop wont start and just cycles on and off every few seconds.  Removed battery and AC and held power button for 30 seconds, replace AC and battery with same results.  Never boots long enough to get any screen info. Ideas? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-start-trys-to-start-with-cover-closed-and-keeps/td-p/5611650
Relevancy 43%

Thanks for taking the time to read this post....!!!
Today I finished installing Windows 7 Beta X86 ver.;which I downloaded from btjunkie. I did this of course on a clean Drive. On a separate fisical Drive I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate; and used the (time+ date) freeze "crack", so I don't have to worry about Validating it....
Back to Windows 7....; I have Windows 7, just finished installing; on a clean drive.
Got rid of that annoying watermark on the bottom right.
"For testing purposes Only" which I found at th following web address:
http://www.doeswhat.com/tutorialwhat...ows-7-desktop/
I did everything to the "T", and got rid of that!.
Now recently for some strange reason I'm unable to resize, drag, nor (X out), of any explorer windows.
Any suggestions? Any ideas?
Thanks for your Help, Feedback, and Support!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-windows-cannot-be-resized-dragged-nor-be-closed-336805.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I am having multiple problems involving opening and saving files If I right click on a picture using firefox and choose quot save as quot then the window closed by windows the was filepicker unexpectedly will close and the filepicker was unexpectedly closed by windows display the message quot the filepicker was unexpectedly closed by windows quot I believe that the problem started when I was trying to save a picture from a google image search The problem has now seem to spread to other programs photoshop for instance will close without so much as an error message if I try to open files or save files These symptoms were also experienced with powerpoint I am running Windows XP I have spent the last two days on line trying to find solutions It appears that a hand full of people have experienced similar occurrences but none have provided useful solutions So far I have tried - a system restore -multiple virus and malware scanners Thanks for the help I can t get any school work done until I can open and save files again nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Anyone know if there is a tweak / app / something available that will change the way windows apps closes in Win 7?

My desire is to have the windows slide off screen rapidly when closed instead of fading out like they do by default.

Not sure if this exists or not. I have tried searching for a previous solution but came up empty handed.

Thanks for reading!

-CK

A:Make windows slide away when closed

Quote: Originally Posted by Crimson Knight

Anyone know if there is a tweak / app / something available that will change the way windows apps closes in Win 7?

My desire is to have the windows slide off screen rapidly when closed instead of fading out like they do by default.

Not sure if this exists or not. I have tried searching for a previous solution but came up empty handed.

Thanks for reading!

-CK

Welcome to the forums, Crimson Knight !!

But I am also not aware of such an app

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/93418-make-windows-slide-away-when-closed.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Im having a several problems with my computer The right click quot save to disc quot in Firefox makes it unexpectedly Filepicker Windows down was by closed freeze and shows the error quot The filepicker was unexpectedly closed down by Windows I Filepicker was unexpectedly closed down by Windows can t add a file when sending an E-mail using both IE and Firefox In the adobe Creative Suite I can t place an image and save documents When trying to save in Word it shuts down This all started when i tried to place an image in Photoshop it froze therefore i tried to save the document as it was and it shut down based on other threads wiht the same problem as me I Think i some kind of malware but AVG can t find any I made a HiJack This log if its for any help it is listed below I Hope someone can help me with my problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmer Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Programmer Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Programmer F lles filer Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Programmer F lles filer Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Programmer F lles filer Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Programmer Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Programmer F lles filer Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Programmer F lles filer Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmer ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Programmer F lles filer Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Programmer Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Programmer Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Programmer Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall CfgWzSvc exe C Programmer Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Programmer F lles filer Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Programmer Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Programmer Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Programmer Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C Programmer Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Programmer Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Programmer ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Programmer ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system tp serv exe C Programmer Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS system TpScrLk exe C PROGRA Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Programmer Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Programmer Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Programmer ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Programmer ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Programmer Java jre bin jusched exe C Programmer F lles filer Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Programmer F lles filer InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Programmer Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Programmer Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programmer F lles filer Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C PROGRA TRISNA SSI SYSENF EXE C Programmer Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Programmer Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www signon stofa dk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http codecs r org R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hyperlinks O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/filepicker-was-unexpectedly-closed-down-by-windows.581508/
Relevancy 43%

Recently installed Adobe Reader 8.1.2 onto my Windows Vista Business operated laptop. When opening a PDF a message appears from the software stating "Reading Untagged Document." Then alomost immeditely a Windows message appears stating "Something has caused the program to stop working searching for solution." Then another Windows message stating "This program will close." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software at least twice!! Any ideas??

A:Adobe Reader closed by Windows

Hmm, not really an idea for Adobe, but I use PDF-Xchange and love it! I strongly recommend you check it out.

http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-reader-closed-by-windows.720162/
Relevancy 43%

Is there a way to have all open windows open on reboot (or close, the re-open) the same size and position as they were before reboot (or close)?

A:Is there a way to have windows open sam size as when closed?

You can check out Windows Sizer (Sizer Software by Brian Apps - freeware) and WindowManager (DeskSoft - WindowManager - Window position and size manager - paid). Though I am not sure if they can re-open windows after a restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375794-there-way-have-windows-open-sam-size-when-closed.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi my son has just been given a pc and is trying to clean it up He has restored it Error has program closed Windows this to the oldest restore point to try and rectify the following programs but still happening Cannot open windows explorer - automatically get an error pop up box quot To help protect your computer windows has closed this program quot quot Windows explorer Windows has closed this program Error has encountered a problem and needs to close quot If we open internet explorer to try and view websites some are viewable - some you just see a blank screen then you get an error saying quot Internet explorer has encountered an error and nees to close quot Have tried to download an antivirus - Avira or AVG but pages just become unresponsive and then error box forcing ie to close Does have NORTON saying its out of date Did run eset online scanner before he restored it to the restore point and it found and cleaned the following HTML Scrinject B Gen Virus JS Exploit pdfka OXG gen Trojan Its a packard bell Intel reg Pentium reg CPU Running Windows Media XP Edition Version Service Pack Not sure if any more information needed Look forward to hearing from someone

A:Windows has closed this program Error

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474209/windows-has-closed-this-program-error/
Relevancy 43%

Is this problem a bug or a configuration issue My problem appeared after a prolonged shutdown and being disconnected from the modem It occurs in two different situations st If I access my email address box yahoo mail my all windows are closed I can however close if one window closed is All any Windows type All Windows close if any one window is closed the first letter of an address and then select from the displayed addresses and continue no problem nd If I have multiple windows open or one window with multiple tabs open doesn t matter which if I close any window using the quot X quot in the upper right all windows will immediately close I can however right click on the window in the bar at the bottom and select quot X close quot and it works I have Windows XP SP Does this sound like a bug or a configuration issue I have a laptop with seemingly all the same configuration settings and it doesn t have any of these problems Tks nbsp

A:All Windows close if any one window is closed

To me it sounds like a bug, Best way to find out would be to check some of the threads here and follow the step by step instructions for checking for and removing a Virus.

The other thing you can do is try a system repair. You can also restore back to an earlier restore point (prior to when the issues began) and see if there are files you added that may be corrupt or are causing the issue.

If you do a windows repair, it will fix any corrupt files that may be causing issues. Hopes this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-windows-close-if-any-one-window-is-closed.993808/
Relevancy 43%

This problem started occurring after having had the System Stability Chart Index stuck at for nearly months It just randomly stops working times closed Stopped windows and with was IE7 interacting a day some IE7 Stopped interacting with windows and was closed day not at all while I'm on the internet the page grays out and a box pops up that says Internet Explorer has stopped working and it gives me the option to restart the program Google searchings have been fruitless sofar I did even submit to Microsoft Help and Support an incident That s their reply Thank you for your email about issues with Microsoft Internet Explorer To enable us to help you resolve this issue may I suggest on one of the following A useful resource is the Knowledge Base on our website where we have published a large collection of articles and FAQs about our products You can access it by going to our website at http support microsoft com search adv You can also go online and visit our UK newsgroups to exchange ideas and information with other Microsoft product users There is also the chance to talk to our Most Valued Professional MVP http support microsoft com newsgroups default aspx If you do not find the answer you are looking for and wish to discuss your alternative support options please call our Customer Support team on The lines are open from am to pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays Thank you again for getting in touch Kind regards AZMA NASEER Customer Service Professional Microsoft Customer Services Error details Log Name Application Source Application Hang Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer MIAMI LM Description The program iexplore exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel Process ID Start Time c af Termination Time Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Hang quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt MIAMI LM lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt iexplore exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c af lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt F D F D F lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Application Source Application Hang Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer MIAMI LM Description The program iexplore exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel Process ID Start Time c afed f Termination Time Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Hang quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt MIAMI LM lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt iexplore exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c afed f lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt F D lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Clicking on the quot More information link then yes to sending information across Internet I am taken to this page that says no user action required http www microsoft com technet support ee transform aspx ProdName Windows Operating System amp ProdVer amp EvtID amp EvtSrc Application Hang amp LCID I am at a complete los... Read more

A:IE7 Stopped interacting with windows and was closed

Good thing I fixed the issue myself. It was an IE Add-on that was interfering.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193607-ie7-stopped-interacting-windows-closed.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i have a toshiba with xp on it.it restarts again and again.i try to use f8 and safemode and all other options but it just restarts.i tried to disable auto restart on failure.....nothing..restarts...can i fix this computer without my xp disks,?? please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-restarts-over-and-over-xp.908406/
Relevancy 42.57%

My Gateway laptop has been restarting by itself for about a week now I m on my friend s computer at the moment trying to find out what s wrong and how to fix it I was hoping you guys could help This is what the laptop does I turn the laptop on It says quot a previous startup attempt Restarts Laptop was interupted due to a power failure or because Laptop Restarts the Power or Reset button was pressed quot I get the options of - quot Safe Mode quot - quot Safe Mode with Networking quot - quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot - quot Last Know Good Configuation quot and - quot Start Windows Normally quot I ve tried everyone of those options and everytime it goes to the Windows XP logo screen cuts itself off and then restarts again I can go into BIOS and BOOT menus but I m not sure what everything there means Any help or suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

A friend of mine has an NEC Versa laptop, P133, 80 M RAM, that is spontaneously restarting.
It restarts between 1 to 8 minutes after use, without any obvious triggers. The laptop is plugged in, and the battery is fully charged.

Are there any ideas out there about this? I don't know if it's a hardware or software issue, and I don't have the laptop here. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Good luck!
--Jynx
"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda

A:Laptop restarts....

try to boot to dos mode and see if it dose the same thing if it dose then I think your system board is damage and it's time to buy a new laptop as getting fixed will cost to much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-restarts.32803/
Relevancy 42.57%

I had a problem with spyware on my Toshiba Satellite laptop and fixed it through the spyware section of the forum.

Now my computer will restart without warning, and often displays a window that states that windows had to stop a host process which doesn't seem to affect anything immediately.

I have vista home premium, I havn't installed anything since this started, only fixed my spyware problem.

A:Laptop restarts often

here is a screenshot of the error message

and it seems that a few minutes after this appears, the computer will restart. It usually takes about 20-25 minutes of use before this message occurs.

I wouldve added this to the last message but it won't let me edit it. I need this laptop for school and it will be impossible to write a paper using this laptop.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-restarts-often-456079.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Sir, From last night wen i tried to switch on my laptop it doesnot starts and keep on restartinv again and again...I tried to boot the laptop with a windows disk but tat is also not working..i tried to access BIOS but i cant access it

A:Laptop restarts again and again

Have you removed the battery and power cord - then held down the power button for at least 30 seconds
Then reattach the battery and power cord and see if it does anything.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577543/laptop-restarts-again-and-again/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently purchased this toshiba laptop for my son, he's had it about a month and it restarts by itself atleast 3-4 times a day. It says it has encountered a problem and needs to restart. its windows 8, he has avg anti virus. can anyone help please?

A:laptop restarts

have a look here
http://www.pcandtablet.com/windows-...estart-after-a-bluescreen-in-windows-8-a.html
and now it will not restart

next time you get a bluescreen - post the results
stopcode
and if a file name xxxx.xxx

also is the machine getting very hot

does it doe this under certain conditions only - like playing a game

whats the exact model of the laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-restarts.1119806/
Relevancy 42.14%

Good day all My computer at work has been behaving very oddly lately i keep getting quot has generated errors and will be closed by Windows quot For programs - Mainly firefox but also happens with Outlook IE and Safari for Windows Using Windows checked for viruses with Sophos - nothing Hijack log looks ok as far as i can see See below Any help would be generated will closed by windows and has be *program.exe* errors most appreciated Regards Logfile of HijackThis v *program.exe* has generated errors and will be closed by windows Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT *program.exe* has generated errors and will be closed by windows system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SavService exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe *program.exe* has generated errors and will be closed by windows C WINNT system regsvc exe C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Common Files System MAPI nt MAPISP EXE C WINNT msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Photoshop exe C WINNT system DSSTAT EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings wesleyb Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by NHS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer PHI-CHAPERON O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SpywareTerminator quot C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe quot O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run Launch Datacard Status C WINNT system PRNATT EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Trusted Zone http nww smpct-intranet nhs uk O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com mic ls en x client muweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain smpct xswlad nhs uk O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain smpct xswlad nhs uk O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList smpct xswlad nhs uk xswald nhs uk swlondonphi xswlad nhs uk O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain smpct xswlad nhs uk O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList smpct xswlad nhs uk xswald nhs uk swlondonphi xswlad nhs uk O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList smpct xswlad nhs uk xswald nhs uk swlondonphi xswlad nhs uk O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C WINNT system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown - C WINNT system ati sgag exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service Sophos Anti-Virus status reporter - Sophos plc - C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe O - Service Sophos Anti-Virus - Sophos plc - C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SavService exe nbsp

A:*program.exe* has generated errors and will be closed by windows

Start > RUn > eventvwr.msc > Copy and paste some of the recent errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-exe-has-generated-errors-and-will-be-closed-by-windows.632688/
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok this should be interesting Installed on my laptop yesterday Install went fine So I wanted outlook after installing account windows Closed 10 to get my email sorted out I decided to use the built in mail program So I had to set up what accounts I wanted to Closed outlook account after installing windows 10 display It already showed my gmail address so I clicked on that and to make this a bit shorter I created an outlook account with my gmail address I should have clicked where it just said gmail I finally did that and up came all my gmail folders I decided to follow the necessary steps to remove the inadvertent outlook account That worked and I have Closed outlook account after installing windows 10 days to change my mind Only now I can't access the Microsoft Community using my gmail Closed outlook account after installing windows 10 address as the account removal is holding me out It says I can get in by creating another email address which I don't really want to do What I would like to do is get Microsoft accounts department to purge all my account information including past log in info using alternative addresses and passwords Like a clean slate would be nice Windows live mail comes up with log in requests even though the live ca account is accessable So what I need is HELP to clean this up

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53955-closed-outlook-account-after-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

HI Every time I turn on my computer after - seconds this window appears with a message stating that Windows Explorer will close due to an unspecified error and the typical quot Send error report quot an found has be closed" error Explorer "Windows will and quot Don't Send quot "Windows Explorer has found an error and will be closed" buttons Then the desktop is gone for at least more seconds and then "Windows Explorer has found an error and will be closed" comes back After that every thing seems fine I've made some system restorations and nothing changes So "Windows Explorer has found an error and will be closed" here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System csrcs exe C Documents and Settings Husky Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C Archivos de programa Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system sysmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS TEMP B tmp C Archivos de programa Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Archivos de programa Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Husky Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C WINDOWS system esclavo exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS System net exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName V nculos F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe csrcs exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Microsoft reg System Manager C WINDOWS system sysmgr exe O - HKLM Run sysmgr C WINDOWS System sysmgr exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings Husky Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run ZFG -F - SF-K P- N ER H L C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - service exe O - HKCU Run CFG -K - SF-N P C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - vsse exe O - HKCU Run ares vista quot C Archivos de programa Ares Vista AresVista exe quot -h O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run csrcs C WINDOWS System csrcs exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run sysmgr C WINDOWS System sysmgr exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar a Microsoft Excel - res C ARCHIV MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Consola de Sun Java - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Referencia - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C ARCHIV MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - Plugin for spop C Archivos de programa Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BC BD- FEA- A... Read more

A:"Windows Explorer has found an error and will be closed"

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210693/windows-explorer-has-found-an-error-and-will-be-closed/
Relevancy 42.14%

After downloading an update to flashplayer I received the error message: data execution prevention, to protect your computer windows has closed the program. Ive attempted a system restore to no avail. Thank you.

A:windows has closed this program to protect your computer.

is this computer patched up to SP3?

if not, do that first.

if so, read the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875351

and welcome to TSG.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-has-closed-this-program-to-protect-your-computer.1119853/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

Any Excel guru's out there?

On a work pc I open Excel 2000. I click Insert>object but then the erorr appears:

Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

Things I have tried:

1. Detect and repair
2. Deleting the 9.0 Key
3. Opening it from the run line > Excel /a

Still a problem!

Any ideas?
Pileyrei

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

If I open Excel 2000 and click Insert>Object the classic Excel error appears:

"Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log is being created"

Things I have tried:

1. Detect and repair
2. Excel /a from the run command
3. Removed an reinstalled Office 2000
4. Searched MSKB.

Note: this is a company laptop. I logged the user off and logged on as myself. I got the same error so a profile rebuild is not an option.

Does anyone know where the error log the message creates is on the pc? (Windows 2000).

Thanks

Pileyrei

A:Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows!

I doubt this will help since I have XP but ...

... in Control Panel there's an Administrative Tools. Within that, an Event Viewer. There are 3 event categories ; Application, Security, System. Under Application there's Excel errors like the attached.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-exe-has-generated-errors-and-will-be-closed-by-windows.204436/
Relevancy 42.14%

hello everyone and sorry for the first misplace every time i a run a search for my external hard disk i get the a to needs closed explorer and be windows problem encountered has following windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed message windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed after that all explorer windows are closed i run i hijackthis scan and here is the save log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files eMule emule exeC Documents and Settings user AB BAB Desktop utorrent exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Safari Safari exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDEO - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system kdhud exe C WINDOWS system kdhud exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Fi... Read more

A:windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed

in fact this message appears now right by the time i open my external hard drive and the drive where my system is stored (c:) as well...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182045/windows-explorer-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-be-closed/
Relevancy 42.14%

Not sure if I am posting this in the correct place Let me know if I should post in another section I have a month Toshiba laptop with windows home edition and Norton security suite desktop is closed Windows 7 freezes when IE8 Solved: No new software or hardware installed ijn the last months Everything working fine until this am When I started the computer up the screen remained black and I did not notice the harddrive light working First time for this So after several minutesof that I held down the start button Solved: Windows 7 desktop freezes when IE8 is closed until it turned off and then restarted It booted up normally Went on online as usual then closed IE and went to click on the icons on my desktop and nothing worked Right clicking on the desktop would not open the window so I could try refreshing it So I shut it down When shutting down it installed updates When it finally shut down and I rebooted and everything was working fine Opened IE surfed a little checked the icons and they were working I closed IE and the desk top was frozen again All the icons in the lower task bar worked ok and I could right click on the lower task bar and the window would open I shut it down again and it did the install of updates again Funny First time for that Well of course after the reboot the problem was still there If I open the task manager there are or IExplore exe running If I end those processes everything on the desk top starts working as it should If I open IE it asks me if I want to return the last webpage since the program was abruptly ended which it wasn t or go to my home page If I try to reopen IE with out closing by ending the processes in task manager the IE window will open and say Done but it is blank and not connected to the internet If more than window is open in IE and I close any one window the desktop freezes Any help would be appreciated Thanks Dave Update and edit Turned computer on this AM and it work fine without any of the above mentioned problems When I shut it down it did another update install of It s been working fine all day I never had updates days in row I blame Microsoft That s my story and I am sticking to it Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-desktop-freezes-when-ie8-is-closed.964600/