Windows Support Forum

switch to single window display if laptop is closed?

Q: switch to single window display if laptop is closed?

I have a new window switch laptop single is if display to closed? laptop and a large flat screen monitor and I ve been trying to decide how I want them configured Obviously I'm using the switch to single window display if laptop is closed? flat screen as the main monitor but sometimes I want to use the laptop's display as a second monitor and sometimes I want to use one monitor and have the laptop closed and out of the way I would prefer not to change my system settings every time I decide to switch between using and monitors I tried changing the configuration settings to using a dual display with the flat screen as my main monitor and changing the power settings so the laptop doesn t switch to sleep mode when I close the lid This seemed to work fine at first until I tried switch to single window display if laptop is closed? opening a folder and nothing seemed to come up Even though my laptop is closed and shoved out of the way Windows still treats the laptop monitor as being active thus causing some applications to open on laptops monitor rather than on the main screen There also the lesser problem that I my mouse will 'disappear' if I move it too far to the left and it switches to the other screen What I would prefer is to have some way that Windows will recognize when the laptop screen is shut and automatically switch from dual to single screen mode and switch back to dual screen when I re-open the laptop Can anyone suggest how this can be done Actually there is one other thing I would like to do with my spiffy new monitor but I'm not sure it is possible I would prefer for clicks on one screen to not force applications on the other screen to minimize I've been trying to stream video on one screen while working on the other atm Hulu is the only TV I've got but it keeps switching the video out of full screen mode every time it registers a click on the second screen The same issue happens with playing games or running any other program that monopolizes a screen I won't rest until I have managed to play WoW while watching streaming video of Babylon all from the same computer It s a right of geekhood

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: switch to single window display if laptop is closed?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: switch to single window display if laptop is closed?

Been researching and asking questions along those lines myself. As far as I can tell all of that is beyond the capabilities of the current technology.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/54039-switch-single-window-display-if-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I just bought an HP Pavilion dv2315nr laptop with a cracked screen. I need it to automatically and immediately switch over to an external display when I turn it on. The only way I can get the display to switch over to my external LCD monitor is when I hit FN+F4 when Windows Vista has already begun loading. Unfortunately, there's a password on the accounts once I get that far. I don't have the passwords to them. I've tried restarting the system so I can do a system recovery, but once I restart, the display switches back to the cracked LCD. I've tried hitting F11 to do a system recovery once it starts, but I can't get it to switch the display to external when I go into system recovery. I'm stuck with the cracked screen.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-my-laptop-to-switch-over-to-external-display.608138/
Relevancy 60.63%

Last, previously closed window outline remains displayed. Sometimes can 'force' it to go away by left clicking on an unused portion of desktop but not always.

Just got laptop for Christmas and has always had this problem so might be a setting.

Have looked at Advanced -> Visual Settings but didn't see any that looked like would fix (tried setting Best Performance - which turned everything off but didn't fix)

A:Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed

If you right click and hit refresh , does it vanish also?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38159-window-outline-remains-even-though-window-closed.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Original title was:
??Pro L40 - Location of Lid Closed/Open switch/sensor??

The moderator (?) changed it to:
??Satellite Pro L40: black screen but faint image in the background??

This is the reason why I am posting again; What I am looking for -- at this stage, at least -- is _specifically_ the LOCATION OF THE LID SWITCH on the L40, NOT how to recover my screen in general.

Note: My laptop is a Pro L40 but I understand that its in many ways identical to the L45 model (UK and USA models?)

QUESTION: Does anyone know exactly where the LID OPEN/CLOSED SWITCH/SENSOR is located?
I have been unable to find it, although I have completely dismantled the unit.

I would much appreciate any help.

Thanks and regards
Nicolas

A:Satellite Pro L40 / L45 - Location of Lid Closed/Open switch/sensor

>QUESTION: Does anyone know exactly where the LID OPEN/CLOSED SWITCH/SENSOR is located?

I?m not quite sure about the position but LCD module is connected to the 30pin CON1202 (CON1202 can be found within a small LVDS bay which is placed at the bottom of the unit)
The 5pin of the CON1202 connector provides the signal for the LID switch On/OFF.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73256-Satellite-Pro-L40-L45-Location-of-Lid-Closed-Open-switch-sensor
Relevancy 58.91%

I have refreshed my laptop then now showing in display windows could not complete the installation.To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-refreshed-my-laptop-the-in-the-display-showing/td-p/5654498
Relevancy 58.48%

i had a problem reguarding on turned off display windows. i make a mistake in putting how many mins will it take to turn off while in standby. i accidentally put 1000 but didnt noticed it was minuites. i need help to fix my laptop and turn it on again. i tried + p arrow down button and enter but it didnt wokred. is there any other ways to fix it? thanks to all good people who can help reguarding on my problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61633-problem-how-turn-laptop-turned-off-display-window.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am not sure what I need to set this up. I have a small office that monitors video surveillance at multiple properties. We have a cable modem static connection with 6MB down we want to use for connection to remote sites. We have a SDSL with 786K up we want to use for uplink to other sites for the local servers. We want to make each ISP connection redundant to the other in case of failure of one service.

I have been looking into Ciso 1800 series managed switches but am unsure if that is the correct hardware. Can anyone make a recommendation?

A:Dual ISP through a single switch/router

LVsurveillance said:

I am not sure what I need to set this up. I have a small office that monitors video surveillance at multiple properties. We have a cable modem static connection with 6MB down we want to use for connection to remote sites. We have a SDSL with 786K up we want to use for uplink to other sites for the local servers. We want to make each ISP connection redundant to the other in case of failure of one service.

I have been looking into Ciso 1800 series managed switches but am unsure if that is the correct hardware. Can anyone make a recommendation?Click to expand...

Hi,

Have you tried looking into PePLink and Edimax multi-WAN routers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-isp-through-a-single-switch-router.620902/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am glad I found this forum. I have this special need and I am not sure where to find the solution (if there is any):

I have been using the standard microsoft language switching method of key sequence (alt + shift). I now want to be able to do this using a single key stroke (one of the unused keys on my keyboard, like scroll lock). Is this possible?

If so, how do I accomplish that?

(I am familiar with the "sticky keys" feature in the control panel and this is not what I want since it really affects the entire keyboard, not only language switching.)

Thanks.
John

A:Switch language with single keystroke

Never mind. I just found a solution. I googled around and found this little utility:

http://www.softwarecandy.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=2&products_id=45

It's not free but for under $3 it's definitely worth the expense. Works for me pretty well.

John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switch-language-with-single-keystroke-378039.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I want to switch between laptops onto a DELL E FPc Monitor which is VGA input a ? do Dell E6410 KVM get I monitor Laptop switch a How a on through to Dell display only nbsp The Laptops are a DELL E -VGA out only running Win nbsp nbsp and nbsp a DELL Inspiron series machine -HDMI output running Win I have tried to achieve this using a KVM switch the ATEN CS U non-powered It claims to be Win compliant When I connect it to the E s VGA port and then in to the Monitor it says no signal detected Subsequent research would suggest that even if I were to somehow get a display through the KVM switch it will be lost as soon as you switch to the How do I get a Dell E6410 Laptop to display on a Dell monitor through a KVM switch ? other laptop nbsp I have come to believe through research on the web that the E Laptop will only work with a VGA monitor being directly connected to its port or an alternative powered KVM Switch with so called Active-DDC whatever that is may also work nbsp Needless to say I have exhausted my tech knowledge on this one Can anyone offer further advice or recommend a solution Ed

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985242
Relevancy 55.47%

Is this problem a bug or a configuration issue My problem appeared after a prolonged shutdown and being disconnected from the modem It occurs in two different situations st If I access my email address box yahoo mail my all windows are closed I can however close if one window closed is All any Windows type All Windows close if any one window is closed the first letter of an address and then select from the displayed addresses and continue no problem nd If I have multiple windows open or one window with multiple tabs open doesn t matter which if I close any window using the quot X quot in the upper right all windows will immediately close I can however right click on the window in the bar at the bottom and select quot X close quot and it works I have Windows XP SP Does this sound like a bug or a configuration issue I have a laptop with seemingly all the same configuration settings and it doesn t have any of these problems Tks nbsp

A:All Windows close if any one window is closed

To me it sounds like a bug, Best way to find out would be to check some of the threads here and follow the step by step instructions for checking for and removing a Virus.

The other thing you can do is try a system repair. You can also restore back to an earlier restore point (prior to when the issues began) and see if there are files you added that may be corrupt or are causing the issue.

If you do a windows repair, it will fix any corrupt files that may be causing issues. Hopes this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-windows-close-if-any-one-window-is-closed.993808/
Relevancy 55.47%

I don't know if this problem has been posted before, but I really need help with this.

I am running Windows 7 on a desktop, and not every but most of the time when I minimize a window and open up another the previous window opens back up and on top of the current window. It is very frustrating and I never had that problem till a couple of months ago I believe, I can't recall how long it has been exactly.

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396074-minimized-window-wont-stay-closed.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hellowhen I closed a window its says internet explorer not working , I have vista , also hapened on cp with XP , so why is this happening , any one have any ideas ?????????????

A:I Closed A Window Its Says Internet Explorer Not Working

hi,,,, if its happening on 2 seporate pc's with 2 differant opperating systems,,, then its not your pc or os,,, more likley to be your connection,,, ie , router, modem, or how they are configured or wired up,,, filters etc,,, if not there then check with you isp to see if its them,,, a good way to check if you can send and recieve is send a ping,,,, open command prompt,,, then type in ,,, ping bbc.co.uk or another site that you can ping like google,,, if the ping reaches your router or modem then stops then call your isp and explaine this and ask them to check your line,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142800/i-closed-a-window-its-says-internet-explorer-not-working/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows XP Pro, sp 2.

I've reinstalled Windows several times, so consequently I've done this in ymessenger several times. What I'm asking is: When I install Yahoo Messenger I add add ons. As an option you can "close" the add on. What this does is it makes the add on go completely away. It just completely disappears. But it doesn't go back on the list of potential add ons. That leads me to assume there is some way to get it back. But I can't figure out how to do it. Can somebody please tell me how to open a "closed" add on, or tell me if it is even possible?

Thanks,

royeo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-an-add-on-to-display-again-once-its-been-closed-in-yahoo-messenger.534517/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys So i installed windows ultimate yesterday and installed all needed programs and I've got quot desktop window manager stopped working and was closed quot error every time i would startup so I tried to fix it and read here at forum that you could just make new profile user and it would be fixed after that i had another error and that's quot OEM stopped working quot when i would try to open single picture stopped Desktop and was Manager working closed has Window I thought the best solution would be to Desktop Window Manager has stopped working and was closed reinstall windows I installed windows again but this time it was proffessional I installed again almost every program i needed which i constantly use and everything was working great then i remembered that i didn't install AMD gaming evolved raptr it requested restart so i restarted and then error came back tried to uninstall the raptr but errors were still there desktop window manager stopped working and was closed and when picture opened OEM has stopped working Please help ASAP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working-and-was-closed-1161137.html
Relevancy 54.18%

When I open windows explorer menu it opens at a smaller window size then I'd like it to so I resize it and close it but the next time that I open it from right clicking on the start menu and choosing explore it opens at the same position and small size and isn't holding the window resizing that I did What I've tried so far to make the window size quot stick quot Use size last it not the was window remembering closed Windows when Explorer the Windows Explorer quot ALT quot key to bring up the File menu at the top of the explorer and choose quot close quot after resizing my Explorer window Made sure that the quot Remember each folder's view settings quot is checked I've also unchecked it chose apply then recheck marked it and chose apply just in case it needed refreshing Used the quot X quot button at the top right of the window to close it after resizing it to the size that I want And finally Chose the upper left Windows Explorer window not remembering the size when it was last closed corner menu the one with Restore Minimize Move Close in it and chosen Close None of which has worked to save the windows explorer sized window it always opens in the same exact position and the same exact size which I want to make larger when it initially opens as it's way too small for me I've heard that resizing the window and using the quot X quot button to close it will not save the size and that you have to use the ALT menu to choose File gt Close to save the size and position however that's not working for me Any other suggestions Thanks

A:Windows Explorer window not remembering the size when it was last closed

Hello Kuplo,

Applying METHOD TWO in the tutorial below will reset the folder views and allow Vista to remember them again.

Windows Explorer Folder View settings

I hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218295-windows-explorer-window-not-remembering-size-when-last-closed.html
Relevancy 54.18%

everytime i close one of my windows, a error report pops-up
the only choice is to Don't Send it
after that all my windows will close
even if i am using only 1 window, that error still pops-up
i dont know what to do.. yes i can use the tab but i need to use other window too

please help me..

A:[SOLVED] Explorer crashes when window closed! (Must Read please..)

Hello and welcome to TSF

Click Start, All programs, Accessories, System tools and click on Internet Explore (No Addons)

Try the above and see if you still ahve the same problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-explorer-crashes-when-window-closed-must-read-please-195979.html
Relevancy 53.75%

To speed up my computer, I did a "registry reviver" and "driver reviver" on my computer, also did "disk defragmenter" and "disk cleanup". I then also disabled a few "start up" programs... Computer is faster, BUT since doing so my printer doesnt work. I am getting the following error message.

"Printer Status Window Interface stopped working and was closed

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

So far I have rebooted computer, unplugged printer, attempted to reinstall. It shows a green checkmark in "print setup" and appears to be properly installed. No luck so far, still get error message as soon as I press "print" for any document or internet page etc.
Any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-status-window-interface-stopped-working-and-was-closed.930037/
Relevancy 53.75%

Suddenly (since yesterday) I can not open a new window from the task bar unless I close or minimize the window I am currently in. For instance, if I am in Photoshop or on a web page I can not open Outlook unless I minimize or close the program I am in. Same thing if I'm composing an email, I can't go to outlook or open any other program unless I minimize what I am working on. This occurs also in IE or FF. The programs are on the task bar and are lit up. I believe they are actually open but aren't "coming to the front".

Hope my non tech explanation is clear. This is very frustrating and time consuming to deal with.

A:New task windows will not open unless current window is closed/minimized

I think something got corrupted. It's sort of a mix between "always on top" and "active window". I would try doing a system restore to before yesterday.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295956-new-task-windows-will-not-open-unless-current-window-closed-minimized.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Here's what happens.

I often watch TV shows on line from the networks.

Sometimes I'll start watching a show and, for some reason, decide not to continue.

I shut the browser window but the audio for that show keeps playing.

It's happened a few times and I can get rid of it by shutting down and restarting the computer.

But I don't want to do that if I have other browser windows minimized for later use.

I have IE 9 on Windows Vista. This has only been happening since I upgraded to IE 9 from IE 7.

It would be nice to find out why it happens and fix it so it won't happen again.

Update:

Using an application called Process Explorer I found an active process under iexplore.exe with the number 4620 in the PID column and a high amount of CPU usage.

When I killed the process the audio turned off.

Can anybody explain what happened?

A:Website audio keeps playing after browser window closed - IE9 issue?

Process explorer IS AN EXCELLENT PROGRAM!!!!

I love the "End process Tree" Option on it! (Makes sure everything open with an app closes)
Your lucky you have this program bud!! (Something is hanging in memory when you close your browser (Happens to me alot))

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434387/website-audio-keeps-playing-after-browser-window-closed-ie9-issue/
Relevancy 53.75%

Is it possible to switch off a laptop screen - laptop runs Windows 7 - and prevent it being switched on again, without inputting a password?

I need to keep the laptop running, therefore I can't put it to sleep and logging-off has become a pain.

I've tried the Power Options, but the display comes on again when the mouse is nudged.

I've also tried "Fn + F6" on my Acer laptop, which switches off the screen, but an accidental key press brings it to life again.

Any ingenious little prog around? None I've seen have that crucial password privacy aspect.

A:How to switch off laptop screen & password protect switch on again?

a password is is used when you are out but if you are home you don't need a password.. unless you don't trust somebody...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379254-how-switch-off-laptop-screen-password-protect-switch-again.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15 in model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly.  The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue?  It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load.  I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining?  Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-x360-15-Wifi-Drops-to-when-display-is-closed/td-p/5634438
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15t (2016 skylake) model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly.  The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue?  It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load.  I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining?  Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-x360-15-Wifi-Drops-when-display-is-closed/td-p/5634438
Relevancy 53.32%

HP Pavilion dv Home Premium Bought January not sure if I have Vista update can't access System Properties to find out My issues started last night I noticed that my Sidebar was showing but nothing was in it I went to properties and there were no gadgets listed I tried downloading a new gadget but it wouldn't load I restored my computer to days ago Still had volume? window flashes access System Can't Properties, closed Shadow the same problem I also realized today that I have no access to Admin functions I can't right click my Computer icon and access system Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? properties I can't get the update Windows icon to check or update my windows I can't access quot User Groups quot from the control panel Also I have been getting two error messages consistently The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working For more information view the event log x Please close System Restore and try again AND MMC cannot open file c Windows System CompMgmt msc I did go to the run window and ran the following net user Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? administrator active yes I restarted and the Admin account loaded HOWEVER when I went to see the sidebar again it was empty and I had no access to system functions I am at a complete loss Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? as to what to do I noticed that the computer has some of the symptoms of the Conficker virus but I have a good protector and I scanned my system and it said it was virus free That is at least enough information to get started Thank you in advance for any help you can offer short of reinstalling Vista I am out of ideas -Kat

A:Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume?

I solved this by downloading the second Vista patch and reinstalling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231574-cant-access-system-properties-window-flashes-closed-shadow-volume.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Most laptops have a way of sensing when the lid is closed. Where is that switch or sensor on a Dell Inspiron 5160?

Relevancy 52.89%

my laptop works without problem for more the three years now but recently my laptop have encountered with window activation problem stating KMS not found in your computer. so i would be grateful if anybody can help me to resolve this problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2e49748f-1c27-4f05-8046-93406d9bdef7/how-to-reinstall-kms-for-window-8-single-language?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

I need to share a window on my Windows 10 PC via VNC (to an Android device). UltraVNC says it can share a single window, but I can't get their VNC server to do this, only the entire Desktop.

Any suggestions for VNC servers that can share a single window?

[Reference to Android removed as not significant, and seemed to confuse]

A:VNC Server to Share Single Window?

You need to look in either in the VNC or Android forums. This is not a Windows issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33726-vnc-server-share-single-window.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi I have problems POP ups showing 2 window single IE pages in IE showing same page twice in same window For example when i go to google com it shows me google pages one IE showing 2 pages in single window below other This is very strange never heard of this Both these problems started while i was surfing net As I was surfing Windows defender warned me about adware virtumonde A I removed it through Windows defender Windows defender still continued to show me warnings - times for virtumonde A but every tim it was a different dll so I was sure i have multiple affected files and that defender was cleaning up the infected files As this was happending I search net for info about virtumonde A which indicated of GetModule exe I checked for running programs and saw that getmodule exe was running so i killed it and deleted it from c program files also all the registry entries for Getmodule Similarly also found vnrblock and removed it from my system After this defender didn't gave any warning for virtumonde A But after this I started getting unwanted pop ups loading automated-sarch com Also my IE started showing pages in the same window I have - IE - Windows Defender with real time scanning on - McAfee - Internet suite - also running Sure something is wrong and my PC is affected but not sure how to get rid of this Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks J

A:IE showing 2 pages in single window

There is no point for us to try to help you at the current time. You are infected by a known spyware agent, with a probable trojan downloader.

Read http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html . There are five pages, be sure you read all of them.

Once you are clean, we may continue with the split-screen problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-showing-2-pages-in-single-window-296541.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Why Registered Window has Single partition .When we buy pc with registered window it always has single partition ...........what is logic behind this ??

A:Why Registered Window has Single partition ?

What are you asking? I don't quite understand your problem or concern.

If you are asking why systems are sold with a single usable partition is because it's easier to manage for users. A big portion of the population that uses windows only know how to do their word/excel documents. They don't mess with default save location or anything like that. Go out an explain partitions to someone who 1) doesn't really care 2) is not very computer literate 3) will forget. They are comfortable with a single partition to save and access their documents.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279435-why-registered-window-has-single-partition.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I hope someone can assist here

i have an excel spreadsheet where I have grouped some rows - however, I have also created a chart on a separate worksheet - when the group on the datasheet is open the graph is displayed - however, when i close the group - the graph data is nolonger displayed - any easy way over this ?

any advice welcome

Relevancy 52.46%

dreamboat, and all

i've seen many threads asking about why word2000 insists on opening a separate window for each .doc (...for our convenience n'est-ce pas)

found this page and fix - works nicely - you get one word window and the open docs listed in the 'window' choice on the menu bar - just like old times LOL
this site

it's done through a start up .dot and causes a little 'flash' as you open subsequent docs (think the subsequent window does open, but then closes quickly, leaving access through the first window)

i like it

Relevancy 52.46%

I have been using Nero Burning ROM (Nero 6 Ultra) for several months. Until now, it always opened with two windows, one to select files to burn from and one to drop them into. Suddenly, I am presented with a single window, no window to choose files from, only the window to drop them into.

I tried clicking Window and choosing a window arrangement from the drop-down menu as I have done from time to time; but, the selections are all grayed out.

Anyone else ever experienced this and have a solution?

A:Nero 6 Ultra Opens wit a Single Window

Have you tried File>Preferences>File Browser? There you can set how Nero opens.

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-6-ultra-opens-wit-a-single-window.213684/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi,

greetings to all,

this is my first post as sevenforums user.

as the title of my thread suggests i am not getting the display using single link dvi d cable. presently, i am using dvi to vga converter to get the display. i have HP 2009f monitor and it has dvi input.

when i connect my system with dvi d single link cable i am not getting any display and the monitor after scanning for the display signal, finds no signal and goes to sleep.

i was wondering, is there anything to be done in bios? i have onboard graphics on i7 2600 and am using dh67bl as my motherboard.

kindly pour in your suggestions

regards,

ray

A:not getting display via single link dvi d cable

Hi Ray and welcome to W7 Forums

Have you tried explicitly setting the monitor input source to DVI via the Switch Video Input option in its OSD menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222400-not-getting-display-via-single-link-dvi-d-cable.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Is it possible to have 2 computers (or more) having multiple display on a single monitor? (not KVM, if you know what I mean?)

A:Multiple display on a single monitor?

Most certainly not without some very special hardware. What would be the point anyway? If you split a monitor in half, the resolution would be so low that it would be unusable with modern user interfaces.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-display-on-a-single-monitor.95261/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone,

In about a month, a group of German students is coming to visit my school and two of them will be staying at my house.

In order to make them feel welcome, I thought I'd make some separate accounts on my computer. After some fiddling, I've found that the way XP does this is completely useless- buries the advanced options way way down (I haven't even found the options for personalized desktop and start menu).

Anyway, I came up with two questions I could not figure out on my own.

First, how can I change the interface language for one account (not system-wide) and make it display every dialogue-if only windows itself- in German? Any instructions I found on the microsoft KB were totally useless and simply did not work the way they were described.

Second, how can I set it so that each user has a separate desktop?

Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-the-display-language-for-a-single-account-33711.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi all i ve got a new problem that has developed when switching between a clone display setup viewing pics etc on tv and then back to a single display lcd monitor when i set to single display display switching clone/single nvidia card the screen blanks then the pointer and only the pointer appears it stays like this until the preview times out and then switches back to clone mode wierder still switching nvidia card clone/single display if i try to up the resolution from x tv size to x so i can just use the monitor and switch tv back to programmed pap the same thing happens this has never happened before i have taken the cable out of the tv to eliminate an errant signal to no avail any help much appreciated x is like someone shouting in my eyes spec PROCESSOR AMD ATHLON Ghz S M BOARD ABIT UGURU MICROGURU AV S MEMORY CRUCIAL DDR Gb G CARD PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE FX Mb S CARD CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY PLATINUM PRO WITH EXTERNAL BREAKOUT BOX nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-nvidia-card-clone-single-display.489456/
Relevancy 50.74%

All - I hope you can help This issue is driving me nuts I have a relatively new PC with two hard disks - a smaller gb and a larger TB The way the machine was configured when I received it was that the smaller disk was designated as the C and unsurprisingly has become full The larger TB disk is unused to single Home a disks in hard Premium two Combining drive Window on I want to use the empty space on the TB disk to increase the size of the C in other words I want a single large C spanning the two physical disks but try as I might I can't find a way to do it I have attempted to create a quot New Spanned Volume quot of the larger disk in Disk Management but the option is greyed out I've tried some free download software from CNET and those applications haven't been able to do it I've scoured through forums Combining two hard disks in to a single drive on Window Home Premium and read a lot of threads but I can't find anything which solves the problem Help L

A:Combining two hard disks in to a single drive on Window Home Premium

Why do you need to put C on 2 different hard drives?

It may be doable with "dynamic" volumes, but it's complicated and generally not recommended--but you may have some particular reason to do this??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/239647-combining-two-hard-disks-single-drive-window-home-premium.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Dell 7500 Inspiron Notebook, Windows ME Shut down for 9 months, when fired up the active window was smaller than the display size regardless of max button or fidddling with desktop properties display settings. How to fix this?

TIA, FallingRock

Relevancy 49.88%

I have windows 7 service pack 1 64 bit.my pc is on my tv and when I swich chanel back over to pc it has black screen and nothing happens so I am forced to switch it off manualy every time but when I do I have to do the f8 button thing to get it working hoever every time I do this it says delete resoration data and proceed to boot can you please tellme what is wrong and can I fix this ps I am not verycomputer literate and I forgot to tell you that my pc is also dual core thank you I look forward to hearing from you.

A:Cannot switch display to PC on TV

Well first things is it set to go into Sleep mode?? If its going into sleep mode that will cause a blank screen when you revert back to it after extended period of unused time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-switch-display-to-pc-on-tv.1112999/
Relevancy 49.88%

The switch display box started flashing on my screen. Now my keyboard does not work properly. Example if I type the letter l it takes me to my log on screen. Not all keys are even recognized.

A:Switch display box

It is possible that one or more keys on your keyboard are either sticking or not working at all. Do you have an alternative keyboard to try?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274117-switch-display-box.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Toshiba satellite m45-s265 Laptop. Dos anyone know how to turn off the display, and keep it off while I work ( I am using a KVM switch). Commen sense tells me its probably an F key, or something like that, but can't find it anywhere....

thanks in advance
-cheers

A:switch off display

sub,
You could just set the backlight timeout to about a minute when you want to shut off your monitor. Or use your screensaver, set it to a black background, and set it to activate after 1 minute of non-usage.

Let us know,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/74612-switch-off-display.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all. Just found an answer here to a problem I had and linked the solution to some other similar posts.

I have a glitch that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I auto hide my taskbar
I have a window that I size from the top of my window to the bottom.
I use "switch user"
When I return to my user the window size has reduced in height from the bottom of the screen the width of an un hid taskbar.

the attached pic is showing the monitor from top to bottom. As one can see the window is not full height but shortened the size of the taskbar.

Sorry if this is an exsisting thread.

A:switch user window resize

I don't know that it would help, but try setting it to run in a maximized window in the program's properties. That would work when initially opening it, but I'm not so sure about in the situation that you describe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/68961-switch-user-window-resize.html
Relevancy 49.88%

One of the windows on the taskbar just switched position from being on the far left end of the taskbar to go into far right side of the taskbar. is this normal or is this some virus or something?

A:taskbar window position switch

Hi
This tutorial it will help you to understanding and usage of the taskbar.
Taskbar Button Grouping - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219682-taskbar-window-position-switch.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was browsing my computer when my brothers laptop sounded like wen you login to windows and when i went and opened it it had a black screen and wasnt working i had to force restart it and turn it on again, it had alot of trash and i just factory restarted it and my mom brought it to his friend that is a computer engineer and he said its clean, it may have been a system glitch but i just wana be sure, i have bad memory so i dont remember well but i think thats what i heard but it might be my laptop but it did have a black screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573365/sound-on-a-closed-laptop/
Relevancy 49.45%

This may not be that unusual, but it has never happened to me before. My HP laptop was in sleep mode in my carry case after being brought in from a trip last night. I'm sitting in a quiet room this morning, when I suddenly hear it start up. I then took it out of the case, to find it totally cool, so I know it wasn't on all night, but can anyone tell me how it could start up like that?

I guess lesson one from this is never place it in a bag while in sleep mode.

Thanks for any information.

Peg

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop running on windows 7. 64 bit.

For quite sometime now, my laptop has been freezing randomly. It occurs mostly when I am browsing the web or when playing a game. The computer also freezes when the lid is shut/enters hibernation mode.

When it freezes in hibernation/sleep mode, the cooling fan is extremely loud, so overheating may be a cause, but I'm not quite sure. I ran a virus/spyware check, but nothing came up. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Laptop freezes during use and while the lid is closed.

Welcome olund007.

Looking up the specs of the laptop it seems unlikely that you are running too much stuff that it would just freeze. If you suspect a heating issue, try clearing out the fans (best idea would be to use a can of compressed air and with some short quick bursts, spray inside the laptop). << Best to do this outside if it is really bad!

Just some things that might help:
Run system file checker
> - Click on the Start globe/button
> - Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
> - Then enter 'sfc /scannow'

Let that scan through.

You could also run a memory test and check disc:
> - As before, go to cmd.exe
> - Enter chkdsk c: /r
> - If some question appears, enter Y and restart computer.

To run memory test...
I am not sure if the Dell Inspiron 1764 has a memory tester with it, so you can just run the one that comes with windows
> - Click on the Start button/globe
> - Enter mdsched.exe
You should get asked to restart and run a check or something.

Try updating your drivers (graphics drivers, etc..) and download the latest versions of various software that you use (so up to date browser, java (if needed), etc..).

Hopefully this will help your instability issues.

Running a disc defrag and cleanup might be a good idea as well...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-during-use-and-while-the-lid-is-closed-639800.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been getting the BSOD for a few days now, this happens only when the laptop lid is closed. I have set the option "choose what closing the lid does" to "do nothing". this is because i have the broadband ON and I'm usually downloading stuff. When i open the lid
I see a box that says "windows has recovered from an unexpected error" and the problem event name has "blue screen"

I've attached the dump files........please help

A:BSOD when laptop lid is closed,

Quote: Originally Posted by miltonsimons

I've been getting the BSOD for a few days now, this happens only when the laptop lid is closed. I have set the option "choose what closing the lid does" to "do nothing". this is because i have the broadband ON and I'm usually downloading stuff. When i open the lid
I see a box that says "windows has recovered from an unexpected error" and the problem event name has "blue screen"

I've attached the dump files........please help

Easy. AVG and McAffee. Remove both and install Microsoft Security Essentials
I do notice McAffee which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide
It is never a good idea to run more than one active malware application at a time. The overlap can allow malware access to the very system your are trying to protect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203228-bsod-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a laptop, Sony Vaio, which have the power button on the right side, not over the keyboard like some other models.
So I would like to turn on the laptop by pushing the power button anytime - even when the lid is closed.
But this is not the case, I can only turn on the laptop when i open the lid.
I have connected my laptop to TV (as dock, via HDMI port) to look at movies.
I have changed the power settings to do nothing when i closing the lid.
Which works fine, but I still need to open a lid, turn on, and close the lid again!
I think it should be an easy way to solve this problem.
So i want to know is there any way to turn on windows when the lid is closed?

Thank you in advance!

A:Power up a laptop with the lid closed

Hardware, you would have to physically modify the hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182555-power-up-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

The last days my laptop is not going to sleep when I close the lid; nothing happens. When I open the lid everything is still running.

I already tried a couple of things. I restored the laptop 5 days back, but no result. Also I closed the lid feature has sleep selected for both battery and plugged in.

Can someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thanks!

A:Laptop is not sleeping when lid closed

Does the display stay on when its closed? You may have to close it in a very dark room to tell. It could be that the switch used to tell the laptop that the lid is closed has failed. I have mine set to do nothing and my display will blank out, the back light turns off when I close the lid.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52230-laptop-not-sleeping-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Some background first. I live on a boat, with limited space for extras. I have 3 Win7 laptops (32 bit Home & Pro, 64 bit Pro) that I use for different things. I also have a Toshiba Dynadock (powered USB hub) to which my monitor and speakers are connected. By switching which machine the hub is plugged into, I can use each with the monitor and wireless keyboard & mouse.

My "problem" is storing the laptops. My question is, can I operate them with them standing on edge instead of flat? Seems like I should be able to, but would appreciate a more informed opinion, and/or any cautions about doing so.

Thanks

A:Using laptop as a desktop (lid closed)

I see no reason that this should not work. Just make sure that the cooling vents are not obstructed,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362041-using-laptop-desktop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Mag Innovision LT1919WDB monitor with a bit of a problem. When I use the monitor's "input" button to select a different source, I have two computers running on the same display, it doesn't switch to the newly selected video source. The menu option stays on the screen for a few seconds and then goes away but the selected source stays the same. The only way I can get the display to switch is to turn off both video sources and then turn back on the one I want to see. I know this isn't a power supply problem as the 110/220 switching is working fine. Oh yes, it doesn't matter which OS ( XP or Linux) I'm running at the time as the symptoms are the same. Any thoughts?

Cheers..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-wont-switch-inputs.883014/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have bought HP Pavilion m6-1006tx almost half year.

It has 2 display drivers. One is the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000, another one is AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series.

How do I switch to AMD Radeon HD 7600M from Intel HD Graphics 4000?

PS: My bios cannot change those settings.

A:Switch Display Drivers.

The system is set up to switch between the 2 depending on whether you are on battery or AC power, and depending on the graphics needs of what you are doing. You should have a choice to configure by right clicking on the desktop (see 1st link)

Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs HP Pavilion dv6-3113et Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

There also appears to be 2 modes on newer PCs, Fixed Mode or Dynamic Mode.

Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Dual AMD GPUs HP Pavilion dv6-3113et Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

It seems some models do not have the BIOS setting for fixed/dynamic, but are always Fixed. I cannot find specifically your laptops definitive info. You might want to ask on the HP forums. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/270476-switch-display-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The 'Computer' window (the one that shows the hard drives on the system etc.) always loads on startup on my Windows 7 PC. I've tried switching off various startup, programs in System Configuration to see if this solves the problem but with no luck so far. Any advice would be appreciated!

A:'Computer' window loads on startup - How do I switch this off?

Install CodeStuff Starter.
Run it then click on All Sections.
Click on File then Save as Plain Text.
Open the file with Notepad or Wordpad then copy and paste the info in a post here please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/260898-computer-window-loads-startup-how-do-i-switch-off.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

Whenever I have two seperate apps in the windows 7 taskbar and decide to close one of them, the focus doesnt automatically switch to the one remaining window, instead I have to physically click on it to bring the focus to it. Its really annoying and was wondering if there was a workaround?

Thanks

A:Method to switch focus to front window

Interesting. Does the problem occur even after a restart?

There may be a program grabbing the attention away.

When did this start happening?

Have you changed anything in your system lately?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306506-method-switch-focus-front-window.html
Relevancy 49.02%

my windows defender doesn´t work anymoore, I´ve tried to update it several times, the only thing that happens is that there shows up a lot of advertising for other security-sistems

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/50c179d2-9bc8-4ab7-900d-1c8653ebfa08/wy-does-the-window-defender-switch-of-and-saying-that-it-is-not-working-anymoore?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

I get this problem or error "Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed" every time I stay logged on but "switch users". When I come back to my user account, there are two messages on my taskbar that both say "Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed". I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver and updated to the latest driver version. I have even went to "task manager" and located the dwm.exe and made a dump file.

Any suggesstions to what or how I fix this.. Thank you.

A:"Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed"

try doing a system repair. to relaunch the windows manager use run command explorer.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57452-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 (plugged into house current), and would like Windows updates to be installed while I close the lid overnight. What would be proper power settings to accomplish this? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66158-how-update-windows-10-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All
This is my first time on any forum so forgive me if I have gone to the wrong place. I have had the common problem of broken hinges on my L50 B. I have replaced both hinges and to all intent and purpose ever thing went well, i.e. the lid opens and closes great now. I have however done something wrong, the laptop now doesn't sleep when I close the lid. I have checked all the power settings and the advanced settings and they are set to sleep when lid is closed. Has anyone any idea what I may have done wrong. Can anyone tell me what the motherboard connection of the lid sensor switch looks like? Any help gratefully received.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93435-LAptop-doesn-t-sleep-when-the-lid-is-closed
Relevancy 49.02%

This problem started a few days ago. Whenever I close my laptop, the computer shuts down. I've done the obvious and checked the settings for sleep, hibernate and shutdown on lid close, but those are all set to sleep, not shutdown. As you might imagine, this issue is a real hassle. I've been losing work and spending far too long on start up time with this.

The laptop itself is an hp pavilion dv4, if that might have anything to do with it.

Any ideas?

A:unwanted shutdown when laptop is closed

Hi -Configure the notebook buttons and display panel lid behavior. HP Notebook PCs - Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernate Mode You may or may not have read this item from HPScroll down and see if the information relates to your problem -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448395/unwanted-shutdown-when-laptop-is-closed/
Relevancy 49.02%

So every time I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode, it crashes and another problem that may be related is that, when I put my laptop in hibernate it starts back up and then I have to put it in hibernate again; this problem has been going on for a while but the sleep mode/BSOD problem recently started.

System Specs:
Lenovo N 500
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (full retail)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM

A:BSOD Problem when laptop lid is closed

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the crash report so we can provide more informed troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213366-bsod-problem-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

sometimes "com surrogate not working" error comes but i dont think that is the problem behind disconnection main issue is that while is close the lid of my  laptop, after sometime it disconnects wifi automaticallyin the power options the closing lid option has been selected to do nothingthen also problem persistsdont know what to dowhen is open the lid again it connects

A:wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed

Hi, You can turn this off using Device Manager (a) Go to Device Manager,(b) Expand Network adapters,(c) Right click Wireless adapter and select Properties,(d) Go to Power Management tab,(e) Untick Allow the computer to turn off ...(f) Click Ok/Apply             Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/td-p/5640429
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an hp laptop windows -bit fully updated via windows update when turns lid internet off Laptop closed I sometimes hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI Laptop internet turns off when lid closed cable I am connecting to the internet and network via wireless card I have it set in power options so that when the lid is closed Laptop internet turns off when lid closed quot do nothing quot unfortunately when the lid closes the internet doesn't respond and says there is a problem with Laptop internet turns off when lid closed the DNS server when there isn't any problem at all because all of the other devices on the network are working completely fine Also the internet people ran a diagnostic and it's perfectly fine at almost megs down I figured there was a problem with it when I close the lid the internet stops responding as for when the lid is opened the internet is fine I went into the device manager and went to the properties of my wireless networking card and in there to power management and unchecked allow computer to turn off to save power or something like that Anyways I'm at a lost I'm not sure what else to do It seems the computer is still connected to the network just not the internet I would like to be able to close the lid and internet browse on my tv if possible Thank you

A:Laptop internet turns off when lid closed

Try using High Performance profile in Power Management.

How long does the lid have to be closed for this to happen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325321-laptop-internet-turns-off-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!

I have been having problems with my ASUS laptop recently. I am not sure if this is related with the BSODs I've been having but the sound driver fails to boot up from time to time. I appreciate your assistance and time very much!

A:BSOD when lid of laptop is closed and idle

Welcome

The BSOD you are getting is due to the Atheros Network adapter driver.
Get an update for it.

Source | athrx.sys | Atheros network adapter driver
ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

Post back if you get more crashes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252666-bsod-when-lid-laptop-closed-idle.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite S t-A rencently It has Windows not The network wireless adaptor is Realtek RTL E Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Unfortunately when I close the laptop lid the wireless internet connection disconnects I tried the following I made sure to go to the Realtek Wireless Network Adaptor in Device Manager and unchecked the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot I also closed disconnects when Wireless is lid laptop went to the Power Options and set it so it does Nothing when Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed the lid is closed In Advanced Power Settings I Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed changed the Wireless Adaptor Settings' Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance I updated the wireless network adaptor driver and that did not help I also removed it and put back an older driver which did not help either I removed the Toshiba Eco power management program that came with the computer I restarted the computer several times and I still have this problem The other laptops with Windows at our house do not do this Now I have to leave the laptop lid open when I am downloading something that will take awhile because the wifi shuts off after a few moments when I close the lid Has anyone else experienced this Is there a way to fix this I'm not sure if this is a Toshiba problem or Windows problem I'm tempted to return the laptop since this is quite annoying I tried searching the forum first but couldn't find anything helpful

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35595-wireless-disconnects-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My brand new HP Pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or the computer is in sleep mode. I have tried changing any relevant power settings and have already consulted multiple friends. I'm wondering if there's a hidden setting I have yet to discover or if my battery is busted. The computer is under warantee so if I have to I can take it back to bestbuy and have it replaced, but if there's a dyi method that I've yet to try I would like to get all those out of the way as best buy is rather far away from my house.

A:Laptop only charging when lid is closed or computer is in sl...

Hello @dupbuck, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook computer only charges when the lid is closed, or when the computer has entered sleep mode, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! To configure your power options for charging when the lid is both up and active, I recommend following the steps in this document on Managing Power Options (Windows 8). Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below to reset the default power schemes for your computer: Step 1. Click the Start buttonStep 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"Step 3. Right-click Command PromptStep 4. Click Run as administratorStep 5. At the command prompt, type powercfg /restoredefaultschemes and press Enter  reference: http://superuser.com/questions/669571/windows-8-1-64-bit-power-schemes-gone Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-only-charging-when-lid-is-closed-or-computer-is-in/td-p/4800918
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay here goes I m not a programmer but I was wondering if it would be possible to write a little background program that would closed Program being lid monitor my to laptop's put my computer to lockdown when I closed the lid on my laptop computer Here is the command i wanted executed rundll user dll LockWorkStation Note Before anyone gives other options I do not want to use standby hibernate screen savers passwords or the win L Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed And the option isn t Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed under window s power control options ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is the information I Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed ve gotten so far If you check out this link http msdn microsoft com library d db -fe - d-b bb- c d ad ec xml asp It talks about detecting when a computer is closed or open - quot PO CB LID SWITCH STATE amp Indicates that the lid switch has changed states quot But is this in C or visual basic or something Finally my friend has posted this quot Basically it looks like the event is available at the driver level but not at the application level So you have to write a driver to capture this callback then pass it along somehow to an application which will do what you want quot nbsp

A:Program to monitor my laptop's lid being closed

No replies uh?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-monitor-my-laptops-lid-being-closed.277100/
Relevancy 49.02%

I notice that the top part around the hinge seems to have a bit of space (looseness) you want to call it between the two pieces. I gently press on it and notice it will make a creaky/ing sound from the plastic. I dont know if its me or if its common on laptops - but im pretty sure laptops should feel rock solid esp when closed - am I right? I dont know if I should change it. Especially right around the screen if I gently press on it, I can hear the plastic creak quite noticeably and feel space gaps between the plastics. I dont know, this is my 1st laptop, so I dont know how solid laptops are suppose to feel in hand.

from a very worried member
thanks.

A:My laptop feels bit wierd when closed

Are you saying the plastic casing "flexes"? How long have you had this laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-feels-bit-wierd-when-closed.271980/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi im having a problem with my hibernation mode when my laptop is shut when i close the laptop windows restarts and leaves an error code when started up again the computer runs fine besides this and is days old i might add i have recently updated through microsoft 'a shut down update' standard procedure before this update hibernation worked fine i dont know if this could have anything to do with it but regardless i am new with vista my computer specs dell studio ' windows vista home premium bit service pack the problem signature is specified quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF FD B BCP FFFFFA D BCP FFFFFA D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp WER E tmp version txt i am going to college laptop restarts closed is Windows when in a few days and this needs to be fixed please help in whatever way possible thank you

A:Windows restarts when laptop is closed

Originally Posted by khanson

hi, im having a problem with my hibernation mode when my laptop is shut.

when i close the laptop, windows restarts and leaves an error code when started up again. the computer runs fine besides this, and is days old i might add. i have recently updated through microsoft, 'a shut down update' standard procedure. before this update hibernation worked fine. i dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but regardless i am new with vista.

my computer specs:

dell studio 15'
windows vista home premium 64 bit
service pack 1
the problem signature is specified:

"Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80001FD7B81
BCP3: FFFFFA60015D5798
BCP4: FFFFFA60015D5170
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082609-07.dmp
C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51246-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER78E.tmp.version.txt

i am going to college in a few days and this needs to be fixed! please help in whatever way possible. thank you

Do us a favor go into C:\windows\minidump zip the dump file (*.dmp) and upload it for us to look at

Thanks

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244194-windows-restarts-when-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I hope someone can help me. Brand new Acer Aspire with Windows 7. It worked okay for the first month and then started to make a noise when the lid is closed - thereby freezing. My power settings are set to Sleep upon closing the lid and Task bar is not on auto hide. I choose updates myself, so there is nothing unwanted. Any suggestions, any help? Thanks.

A:Acer Laptop freezes when lid is closed

Welcome to SF!

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles began.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80832-acer-laptop-freezes-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm getting tired of finding half my battery being depleted because my laptop did not stay alseep.  Wondering if there is a way to fix this issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Is-there-a-fix-to-ensure-a-closed-laptop-Yoga-2-Pro-stays-asleep/td-p/3438641
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Studio running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and the laptop doesn't sleep when I close the lid, except I double-checked my settings in the control panel and it's supposed to sleep.

I've had the computer for over 6 months now and the problem first started yesterday, right after I installed the latest Windows updates. When I close the lid, the computer doesn't sleep, but even when I open the lid, nothing appears on the monitor. It's still black and unresponsive, although the power button isn't blinking, so I know it's still awake.

A:Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

Hello ieatlikeawolf, Welcome to the Forum.

Could you answer a few questions?
Does the laptop go into sleep mode if you choose Sleep from the start menu?
Have you tried doing a System Restore to a point before you installed the updates?
Did you install Update KB976902 at the same time as other updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138751-laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey hey, so the problem is i want to leave my laptop running when doing renders that take hours on end. I've disabled the sleep mode in every way that I know how to (see screen shots). When the lid is open it doesn't go to sleep, but when it's closed after about minutes it goes into sleep mode (all fans off etc).

This never happened with windows 7 and i've triesd programs like insomnia which haven't helped at all. Id really love to get to the bottom of this, otherwise I might have to reluctantly revert to windows 7

Anyone offering ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers

A:Unwanted sleep when laptop is closed

Hi safety1g,

FYI, I have seen this behavior before on a few Sony Vaio models, and each time it was referred back to Sony support, where they said the option to "change what the lid does when closed" is/was not supported in their power management scheme and there was no workaround for this issue. So, just consider this an FYI at this point; however, if you can't get your issue resolved quicky, I would spend 10 minutes on the phone with your laptop's manufacturing support group to see if they can confirm a similar issue.

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34522-unwanted-sleep-when-laptop-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So every time I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode, it crashes and another problem that may be related is that, when I put my laptop in hibernate it starts back up and then I have to put it in hibernate again; this problem has been going on for a while but the sleep mode/BSOD problem recently started.

System Specs:
Lenovo N 500
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit (full retail)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz
3.00 GB RAM

A:BSOD Problem when laptop lid is closed

Welcome
It looks like the cause of your problem is your bison cam software.
Either uninstall completely or
update all drivers
Your specific problem
Bisonc07.sys file descriptionProductname: BisonCam64 UVC, USB 2.0 Camera 08 Description: Universal Serial Bus Camera Driver Company: Bison Electronics. Inc.

Biscon07.sys is the specfic driver causing the problem if you want to try and update.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294977-bsod-problem-when-laptop-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, often when i close the lid on my laptop it opens up programs and files that are visible on the screen when i close it. I have set my laptop to "do nothing" when i close the lid because i dont want it to go into sleep or anything. I dont know if this is a virus or not. i have used Avast antivirus to scan my computer several times and came up empty. I dont expect you to know exactly what is causing this but maybe someone here have had the same experience and might be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you

A:My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

This could be caused by the closing of the top putting pressure on the keyboard. Set the laptop to shutdown when the top is closed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-opens-up-things-when-the-lid-is-closed.174403/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there so I accidentally closed my laptop lid while it was updating and now all this is coming on is the wallpaper wht do I do? it's a Sony vaio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidently-closed-my-laptop-while-updating.1163468/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
first time here, I have about a week experience (pulled out some hair) with windows 8/8.1, but I consider myself pretty comfortable with Windows in general.

When my win8.1 laptop is in sleep mode, I can wake it with a mere touch of my external bluetooth k/b without any issues, as long as the lid is opened. If I close the lid, I can continue to use it as its connected to a big Samsung plasma tv. But if I let the laptop go to sleep (or put it to sleep myself thru the menu), I am unable to wake it back; I need to pull it out from a/v furniture, open the lid and press the power button.

Is this a win8 thing, an Acer Aspire thing, or worse it can't be done?
Anyone else able to wake from sleep their win8 laptop w/closed lid???

Thanks

A:Waking laptop from sleep with lid closed

Try going into the power options and set the option for what to do when the lid is closed to "do nothing".

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40159-waking-laptop-sleep-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

please help how do I get rid of virus that plays sounds like advertisements and other sounds it happens about an hour after im on or after my comp just sits untouched.can I get into my regedit and delete it somehow?what is it a virus? rootkit? please helpive ran all kinds of malware anti spyware etc and it says all is fine but its not

A:sounds on my laptop even when all windows are closed

This may help: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/sounds-on-my-laptop-even-when-all-windows-are-closed/39661.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I close the lid to my laptop (HP Pavilion) it will sometimes shut off. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it. In the power options I have it set to "do nothing" for both plugged in and battery for when the lid is closed but still for some reason it'll sometimes shut down.

I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered before, but there are just too many threads to go through them all and a Google search didn't turn anything up for my specific problem.

Any help would be great!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259512-laptop-shuts-down-randomly-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP and just recently my computer started telling me quot Desktop window manage stopped working and was closed quot as soon as I log into my account For whatever reason ever since this started happening the program quot Steam quot will instantly crash as soon as it loads quot HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WerFault exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Users Nick AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL appears - window startup working stopped "desktop and closed" on was Vista manage KHALMNPR EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - "desktop window manage stopped working and was closed" appears on startup - Vista HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Winamp Search Class - BCA FA- DBB- a -B - C F B - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO SearchPerks Perk Counter - EA E- D - af- AD-B C AB - C Program Files SearchPerks Perk Counter Bmbho dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - BE B -BC - CAF- E- E D B - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Web Companion ENCWCBAR DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - Toolbar Encarta Web Companion - D - - - B - F B C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Web Co... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manage-stopped-working-and-was-closed-appears-on-startup-vista.773602/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I ve been having a really annoying problem I decided to upgrade my video card from my old Radeon VE AGP to the Sapphire Radeon AGP So I brought the card home removed the and drivers etc and plugged in the and basically the power started up fans started working on comp video in (power no noise single v new cards! card, Problem fine, display) clicking w/ and processor and there was a single scratchy click around the video card from that point nothing happened HD didn t boot there was no Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display) POST - there was no display my monitor didn t get a signal fans were still running I thought it was a faulty card so I got a refund and bought a Sapphire Radeon X pro AGP exact same problem - the video card still made that clicking noise and stopped the fan on the Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display) vid card was still Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display) working though I ve tried the following -removing old drivers before replacing the card -disabling on-chip VGA frame buffer on the bios -resetting the CMOS manually -cleaning the contacts on the video card -removing the power from all other devices except mobo vid card and hard drive -replacing the monitor cable the weird part is whenever I plug in my old radeon it works fine it s working fine now as I type this message everything I do the problem s being localized to the video card either that or i m really unlucky in that the two cards i got brand new from two different stores were both defective again the slot works fine with the other card the only difference I can tell between the new cards and my radeon is that the had both a v and a v slot but the and x pro both had a single v slot is it possible that the v slot part of the agp slot might be damaged any help would be appreciated btw here are my specs processor AMD Athlon XP GHz motherboard K Triton GIGA-BYTE GA- VKMP power supply thermaltake W should cover the W requirement of the x chipset VIA KM vid card problem Sapphire Radeon x pro AGP previous vid card same prob Sapphire Radeon AGP current video card working Radeon VE any help at all would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem w/ new video cards! (power fine, single clicking noise in v card, no display)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-new-video-cards-power-fine-single-clicking-noise-in-v-card-no-display.644111/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi when I am manually clicking on a link it opens a new tab but while I am doing automation its opening as a new window but in console its showing that it has not switched to the new window windows to in switch IE11 7 selenium not in window new working and is not switch to new window not working in IE11 windows 7 in selenium able to perform any switch to new window not working in IE11 windows 7 in selenium other operation on the new window And according to the script it should click on a link switch the new window and perform operations on the new window IE VERSION IS IE- Windows Here is my code Set lt String gt handles driver getWindowHandles nbsp System out println handles nbsp nbsp nbsp Iterator lt String gt itr handles iterator nbsp nbsp nbsp Object nbsp nbsp firstHandle itr next nbsp nbsp nbsp Object nbsp nbsp lastHandle firstHandle nbsp nbsp nbsp while itr hasNext nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lastHandle itr next nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp driver switchTo window lastHandle toString I am not able to switch to the new window

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1116ef17-c6f6-4b24-9784-f497d081f008/switch-to-new-window-not-working-in-ie11-windows-7-in-selenium?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys,

Just been having a problem logging off, switching user, and shutting down on my mum's user account. If I click any of those options, it just wouldn't respond. I can do other tasks perfectly fine, just switching user or logging off doesn't work.

This only happens on my mother's account, and everything on guest and my account works fine.

Thanks for your help

A:Window's doesn't respond to Switch User, Log Off and Shut Down

Windows' Help has a great Troubleshooter for Shutdown problems, which I recommend you try as I suspect a task is running that preventing you from logging off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-respond-to-switch-user-log-off-and-shut-down.438104/
Relevancy 48.59%

Instead of logging out, when I leave my computer I just do a switch user. Even though I have only one profile in XP, It keeps ppl off my comp. When I go back into my account the next day or several hours later, my web pages will not pulll up. "findting www.blah.com" MSN messenger works fine, and even the connection seems to be getting information. I just cannot pull up pages, outlook doesnt connect and niether does IRC. I have to reboot and everything is fine. What might be the solution to this problem? my computer. 1.73 xp 2200 [email protected] 40gig. ati9000

thanks,

A:After switch user web pages do not display

Are you using a firewall? Some firewalls have a setting like if the screen saver comes on, lock the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-switch-user-web-pages-do-not-display.115542/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have my TV set as main display and my monitor set as secondary. When i use win+P to switch to duplicate mode the TV will time out and go black after about 15 min. Anyway to stop this from happening?

A:Display Projection Switch Problems

Quote: Originally Posted by zonged

I have my TV set as main display and my monitor set as secondary. When i use win+P to switch to duplicate mode the TV will time out and go black after about 15 min. Anyway to stop this from happening?

do you have either a screen saver or sleep enabled. If you have turn off monitor after x mins that is prob it

good luck

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26167-display-projection-switch-problems.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i am using windows 2000 pro, Intel mb with 1 GB ram, if i switch on my computer, fan is running but display didn't come..i tried with some other monitors.. same problem.. hard disc not a problem i checked with other system its working...

A:display hasnt come..when i switch on the monitor and cpu..

First try a different VGA cable to the monitor.If that makes no difference, the graphics card has probably failed so you'll need to fit a new one.The graphics card is inside the PC case where the monitor's VGA cable plugs into it.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/display-hasnt-comewhen-i-switch-on-the-monitor-and-cpu/66244.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have recently had a Satellite Pro U400-18S and I am trying to connect it to my TV. The laptop only has a VGA port and my television has RCA, S-Video, HDMI and scart sockets. I bought a vga to s-video lead but am unable to get a picture on the TV.

Is this due to the laptop only showing the lowest resolution of 800x600?
Is there a way of lowering the resolution some how that I have not thought of?
I have checked and I am running the latest drivers for the intel graphics?

A:Satellite Pro U400-18S - how to switch display to TV?

Hi

When you want to connect your notebook to the TV, do the follow:
Connect the cable
Activate S-Video port on TV (depending on TV how it must be done)
Use FN+F5 key combination to switch between notebook LCD and TV

Please let me know if everything is OK or you still have the same problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?44939-Satellite-Pro-U400-18S-how-to-switch-display-to-TV
Relevancy 48.59%

I was taking apart a HP Compaq nx9010 for the first time and one of the steps was to "Disconnect the 2-wire cable that connects the switchboard PCA to the display lid switch."

Well it didn't want to come out, it wanted to break. So now I have female piece with plastic stuck in it and a couple of wire ends. I want to fix this because I believe that the effect will be the screen not turning off when I shut the lid? Which would be a waste of power.

What should I do? Where can I find a replacement cable? I've been googling but I don't really know what to search for.

A:Switchboard PCA / display lid switch cable?

Pull out the plastic connector with a small flat screwdriver or possibly some small pliers.
Then repair it by putting the two wires back in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switchboard-pca-display-lid-switch-cable.104805/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello - I have 2 charts. Is there a way to have those two charts overlay eachother (send one to front, one to back) and use a command button to bring one to the front when clicked and vice versa?

Thanks.

LDP Analyst

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a problem with the S Tecra serie When I press the FN F button to switch displays the system refuses to respond to my request and automatically falls back on the LCD display Or in case of an external to doesn't S11 Tecra FN+F5 VGA - switch display connected VGA monitor to the monitor Due to this issue I'm unable to switch between my laptop screen and my VGA monitor when I want to work at my desk I've found a few ways around this issue like using Tecra S11 - FN+F5 doesn't switch to VGA display the presentation mode but this isn't the way it's intended Can anyone help me with this issue I've already tried installing either the quot Hotkey Utilities for Display Tecra S11 - FN+F5 doesn't switch to VGA display Devices quot and quot Display Device Change quot Both packages try to start give the cmd exe window and then exit with an quot Error Installation Failed quot message Some more information about the system used Toshiba Tecra S - G PTSE E Operating system Windows XP Company policy Bios version EC version I do hope anyone has some insight in this issue With regards Rik

A:Tecra S11 - FN+F5 doesn't switch to VGA display

According notebook documentation this notebook was delivered with WXP installation disc.
Is this Toshiba WXP recovery image installed on your Tecra or company?s own WXP installation?

Generally speaking what do you need is:
# TOSHIBA Common Modules V6.06.03
# TOSHIBA Hotkey Utility for Display Devices V3.5.1.0
# TOSHIBA Display Device Change Utility V3.2.1.0

These three tools are important for FN+F5 functionality.
Do you use VGA to VGA cable or some adaptor?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?54134-Tecra-S11-FN-F5-doesn-t-switch-to-VGA-display
Relevancy 48.59%

When I switch users (sometimes) the background image is displayed in what looks like 16 colors. Seems to forget its display setting. But if I refresh the background it has full color again. Nothing but the wallpaper is ever affected.

Fix?

A:bad wallpaper display after switch users

What background image are you using (pre-installed one or did you download from the internet)? How big is the image?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-wallpaper-display-after-switch-users.209003/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys I have an AMD ATI graphics, HD4650.
Anyways i remember a long time ago I had a desktop shortcut called Movie Time and Desktop Only. These were created trough ATI Control Center. That was a few years back. After the last few updates, i can't seem to figuere out how to make my presets work.

Is there any tutorial regarding this issue.

I need a desktop shortcut that when clicked on, my main and only display is my desktop.
I need a desktop shortcut that when clicked on my main and only display is my HDTV.

I can switch back and forth at moment but it requires accesing CCC, waiting for it to load. Switching to the right menu, and so on. Too many clicks and loads.
Sorry i know this sounds really extremely simple

A:Making it easier to switch from one display to another

press WIN-key + P
is that what you mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214569-making-easier-switch-one-display-another.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm using my pc for htpc and desktop and need a simple solution to switch between the 2. I have found some that switch audio device, other that switch display, but need both. I have gotten all this to work with extended desktop and changing device in sound manager, yada, yada, but don't want my video card outputting 1080p all the time when not in use. I would like to setup up 2 shortcuts, 1 to switch to hdmi/switch audio to s/pdif/ set res. to 1080p/and click yes on the "display settings have changed" pop -up. And 1 to switch it all back for desktop use. Is this possible in command prompt or is there a better solution, and what would that look like?

Thanks

A:Shortcut to switch display and audio

but don't want my video card outputting 1080p all the time when not in use

Why? That does not hurt anything.

As for you switch, sorry, but I don't know of any. There are Virtual KVM programs but most present considerable compromises.

You might check a hardware solution such as this: Amazon.com: IOGEAR 4-Port HDMI Multimedia KVM Switch with Audio, USB 2.0 Hub and HDMI KVM Cables GCS1794: Electronics

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55460-shortcut-switch-display-audio.html