Windows Support Forum

Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues.

Q: Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues.

Tried searching but didnt find anything from this year Problems I have include windows media player and windows live messenger Windows Media Player I will start with I used to have no problems with this application since yesterday night I have been having the issue of having audio files on my desktop I right Issues. Windows live player Windows Media messenger & click them mp files and goto add to windows media player list it then hangs for about seconds and pops up with an error message has the file location and the following message quot Server execution failed quot also I cant open windows media player without right clicking and going to run as admin before I could do both actions without a problem Moving onto Windows Live Messenger this issue also started around the same time as the windows media player one so I believe them to be effected by the same fault The program loads up fine but when i sign in it just automatically signs me out and takes me back to the login page Like Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues. i say both applications worked prior The only edits I have done that could explain Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues. this would be deletion of registry keys if this could cause it let me know and I Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues. will try a system restore

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Media player & Windows live messenger Issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by BazzaH23

Tried searching but didnt find anything from this year

Problems I have include windows media player and windows live messenger

Windows Media Player I will start with, I used to have no problems with this application, since yesterday night I have been having the issue of having audio files on my desktop I right click them (.mp3 files) and goto add to windows media player list, it then hangs for about 10 seconds and pops up with an error message has the file location and the following message "Server execution failed" also I cant open windows media player without right clicking and going to run as admin, before I could do both actions without a problem.

Moving onto Windows Live Messenger, this issue also started around the same time as the windows media player one, so I believe them to be effected by the same fault.
The program loads up fine but when i sign in it just automatically signs me out and takes me back to the login page.

Like i say both applications worked prior.

The only edits I have done that could explain this, would be deletion of registry keys, if this could cause it let me know and I will try a system restore.

Doesn't make sense to me. Try to disable UAC following these instructions. If that doesn't help with Windows Media Player, then it is probably a malware related issue. After attempting your restore, if the issue persists, you may need to re-install Windows 7 and follow everything you had done step by step to see what may have caused it.

If you can't find a cause it is most likely malware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/69423-windows-media-player-windows-live-messenger-issues.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I seem to have a unique problem that I ve been searching for Internet Messenger Windows Explorer Live Windows Player failing and and Media hours for a solution on Anytime I Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing try to load Internet Explorer and WMP the window will appear for a brief second then disappear entirely I look in to the task manager and it says neither are running The computer I m using was riddled with viruses and malware which I took care of although it seems that the Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing damage done couldn t be fixed Windows Live Messenger is giving me error and I ve followed the solutions none of them worked I think that ultimately something is preventing ActiveX from working which is stopping all three because I ve noticed Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing one thing in common for all three applications that Internet Explorer is absolutely required for them to work I tried uninstalling and reinstalling up to IE or and it still won t start up Games such as Anarchy Online that have an ActiveX control on the login screen do the exact same thing a flicker of a window then it shuts down immedietly I can find no work around no repair utility or anything My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium x Also a few things I ve noticed that I think are related because they came up at the sime time anytime I install something and it tries to make a link on the desktop it comes up with an error I can put one on myself but Windows Installer can t seem to do it On top of that whenever I d bring up something that would let you say search for a file through Windows like if you re installing and it asks for a folder it comes up blank I don t know what any of these problems are caused from but they all started simultaneously If anyone has seen ANYthing like this before please tell me so I can attempt to fix this cursed thing They re relatively minor problems but it occasionally makes some things impossible to do Follow up what I mean by the searching for files through Windows is take installing City of Heroes At one point it asks where you d like to install it the default directory or one of your choice Whenever the screen comes up for the one of your choice comes up it either appears blank or force quits the program or installer or whathaveyou I have nothing but vague terms to google this problem because it s not coming up with an error or anything just either a blank window or forcequit nbsp

A:Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing

There is a good chance you are still infected so if you haven't done so already go to our Virus & Malware Removal forum read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, follow the steps as given and on that forum post with the required logs attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-and-windows-live-messenger-and-windows-media-player-failing.157515/
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello
Is it possible to disable Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player ?
Regards

A:Solved: Is it possible to disable Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-it-possible-to-disable-windows-live-messenger-and-windows-media-player.801383/
Relevancy 107.07%

I use XP as my OS I previously had MSN messenger I upgraded to Windows live messenger and it worked fine for a few months Then I found that it was annoying me a little by always starting & 8.1 Windows 11 Player both DOA Live Media Messenger Windows whenever I booted up so I tried to remove it from the startup folder This didn t really work so I uninstalled it and went back to MSN However it still kept trying to start on boot which was affecting so in my lack off wisdom I went into the registry to try and remove the references to it Now Windows Live Messenger AND windows media Player will not work at all I have tried uninstalling them completely and reinstalling them I have tried going back to system restore points I have tried uninstalling them for a few weeks and reinstalling them After every attempt on booting up the OS I immediately get WLM has encountered a serious error and needs to close If I try and open the application then I get the same message whatever else is open or closed When I try and play a media clip it hangs or crashes every time displaying this message quot Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot I have tried reg edit and reg clean programs but now think that I am just guessing so want some proper help before I break other applications HELP me undo this and I promise never to touch my registry ever again Sabretech nbsp

A:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 & Windows Media Player 11 both DOA

Is there nobody who can help me with this please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-messenger-8-1-windows-media-player-11-both-doa.88423/
Relevancy 86.43%

I was wondering if anyone has encountered the following (I am running x64 build 7068 FYI)

I would install Windows Live Messenger, run it, login, later signout, close the program...

I would then come back to it hours later...It would open fine, but would constantly spit out errors like "Contact list not available" or just would fail to sign in (the first error resulted in it not signing in as well)

It seems the only way I can get it to connect again is to uninstall the program and reinstall it (it seems when the uninstaller stops the windows live communication platform, that it resolves the issue...but i cannot find a way to do this other than uninstalling and reinstalling)

I am not using any firewall software, Windows Firewall is disabled and I direct connect to my cable modem so I know its not a routing issue.

A:Windows Live Messenger Issues...

i also had some problems
reinstalled messenger and it works fine.
do you get a specific error number? you can search it and find the answer
to your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/7337-windows-live-messenger-issues.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I'm not quite sure if this is a Vista problem but Windows 8 Messenger issues. Live it's as close as I could get to the topic Well the issue is that every time I sign into messenger it keeps me logged in for a while and when I try to send messages to people a couple minutes seconds the time varies it logs me off and says that Windows Live Messenger 8 issues. the message wasn't sent Occasionally a message will pop up showing an error code not very often though And it's been a while so I can't really remember the code I've tried editing my firewall settings to allow messenger to go through the problem still exists I've tried repairing the program Windows Live Messenger 8 issues. in control panel the problem still exists Finally I tried checking the connection on messenger the first test TCP checked out fine the second SOCKS or something xP wouldn't allow me Windows Live Messenger 8 issues. to check and the third HTTP Proxy checked out fine aswell But the problem is still there The first time this happened Which lasted for about days I tried restoring my computer to make sure it wasn't something on the hard drive or something and I re-downloaded Windows Live Messenger The problem's still there Can anyone tell me what the problem is And possibly how to fix it Please and Thank You

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-messenger-8-issues-320359.html
Relevancy 86.43%

For the past couple weeks or so, I haven't been able to sign in to WLM without it crashing right afterwards. everytime I try to login I'm welcomed by this after my messenger logs in:

Since then, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times but to no avail.

I really want to get back on messenger again before its shutdown in March 2013. hopefully someone here can help.

My messenger is Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416)
My OS is Windows XP SP3

If you guys need any other techincal information let me know. thanks for the help.

A:Having issues with Windows Live Messenger

Try uninstalling WLM and then restart the computer. Download and install the newest version: Download Windows Live Messenger 2012 (16.4.3505) - FileHippo.com
If this still fails, Try this: Why can't I sign in to Messenger? - Can't Sign In

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-issues-with-windows-live-messenger-677179.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys, whether this Is In the right section or not, but I thought I'd give It a go.

I've recently been forced to download the new Windows Live Messenger 2009.
I''ve had no problems with It so far, 'till a couple of days ago when logged In & started talking to a couple of my friends.
Once clicking on their conversation tab, msn causes Itself to crash, saying some excuse about the "DEP".
This doesn't happen with the majority of who I talk to on there, but only with a couple of people.
I have tried to find solutions, ran It through Administrator, which at first did make It work, but at the same time caused Itunes to act a tad out of control.

Any help which can be given, will be much appreciated!

By the way, Im running a Toshiba on Windows Vista Home Premium & I've never had this problem before.

A:Windows live Messenger 9 DEP Issues.

hi and welcome you may like to have a look here http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...e-disable.html hope it helps oh and this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65...-programs.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-messenger-9-dep-issues-357132.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Okayso.. I just added a friend of mine on WLM.. problem is, I can't see her, and she can't see me. When I go to another account, we can see eachother, but not on my primary one (it's a parental controlled one, and my parent allowed the contact request).

Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: While we're on this topic..
A while ago I disabled all of the 'What's New' settings.. now I'm wanting them back on.. but every time I get told that it could not save my changes.. any help with this issue too?

A:Windows Live messenger issues

Quote: Originally Posted by Rawkfist

Okayso.. I just added a friend of mine on WLM.. problem is, I can't see her, and she can't see me. When I go to another account, we can see eachother, but not on my primary one (it's a parental controlled one, and my parent allowed the contact request).

Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: While we're on this topic..
A while ago I disabled all of the 'What's New' settings.. now I'm wanting them back on.. but every time I get told that it could not save my changes.. any help with this issue too?

Are you sure you don't have her blocked?
You can select individuals and block them by email.
If that isn't the case I'd delete them and request them again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/86688-windows-live-messenger-issues.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I'm trying to figure out why Windows Live Messenger has disappeared from our computer just out of the blue... I installed Windows Live Essentials months ago which included Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail, etc. and everything is intact/working except Messenger.

There was a Messenger short-cut but it couldn't find it's direction and if I go to Program Files (x86)>Windows Live>Messenger there's files listed but there doesn't appear to be a .exe anywhere.

If I try to install Windows Live Essentials again it says Messenger is installed along with the rest of the programs.

Anyway just to reinstall Messenger again or do I have to uninstall Windows Live Essentials and then reinstall it? Any other ideas I have no idea why it disappeared?

A:Windows Live Messenger Issues

Do a clean reinstall. Remove Essentials with Revo Uninstaller Free with the advanced option checked, then delete any registry and file leftovers that Revo finds. Download a fresh copy of the Essentials installer from Microsoft's website and install the programs you need again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/235031-windows-live-messenger-issues.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I've had some issues with Windows Live messenger lately (the latest version), and today I re-installed it... twice. Each time I try to start it after re-installing I get a window that says:

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Do any of you know how to fix this problem?

A:Windows Live messenger issues

Quote: Originally Posted by Rawkfist

I've had some issues with Windows Live messenger lately (the latest version), and today I re-installed it... twice. Each time I try to start it after re-installing I get a window that says:

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Do any of you know how to fix this problem?

Can we get some details about the crash when you get the "stopped working" box?

Do you have any Webcam software installed on your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/81893-windows-live-messenger-issues.html
Relevancy 86.43%

when I start chatting on my mesenger it tends to bring up my cpu to max can someone tell me why? or is this out of you guys reach?

A:windows live messenger cpu issues

It's one of the problems with Messenger, it's a resource hog.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-live-messenger-cpu-issues-248620.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Most of those programs won t work and if they open they freeze the laptop slows down often as well Thanks HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System media player, windows IE, MSN Messenger smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS System IE, windows media player, MSN Messenger THotkey exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C WINDOWS system RioMSC exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy IE, windows media player, MSN Messenger exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c toshiba ivp swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Dont touch me Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor saIE dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor saIE dll O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run Pinger C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe run O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run YOP C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe autostart O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office OneNote Quick Launch lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup RAMASST lnk C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROG... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-windows-media-player-msn-messenger.468932/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi
I have a new system which runs windows 7. When using live messenger the audio works fine both ways but the video only works on the incoming side the outgoing screen is grey.
The web cam was taken from my old XP system and it still works fine on this. It is a Creative Labs IM pro web cam.
Can any one offer any suggestions
Thanks
Ray

A:Windows live messenger video issues

Welcome to SevenForums tilly49

Did you download and install the proper drivers for this cam?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/98351-windows-live-messenger-video-issues.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I cannot use Windows Player and MSN Messenger (both the latest versions) at the same time! They freeze each other up, and from then on, cannot use Messenger unless I restart my PC. I have Windows XP. I've tried to un-install the Media Player and re-download it, but it still freezes. Help?

A:Windows Media Player & MSN Messenger killing each other

Actually both these programs take up a lot of resource (memory)

Therefore how much ram do you have?
What Operating system are you using?
What other programs are on (Internet security?)

Good idea to clean out all temporary files
Plus start - run - %temp% (everything you can in there)
Defrag
(maybe even update and scan with your Antivirus)

Test again

Reply Back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-msn-messenger-killing-each-other.654818/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hiya I m new so go easy on me Aaaanyway if you could be so player media Wbemcomn.dll, live, Windows Windows kind as to help me here s my problems wbemcomn dll hasn t worked in the past year or so I m finally fed up with it always erroring when I try to open alot of programs and such it says quot This application failed to start because wbemcomn dll was not found Reinstalling the application may fix this problem quot I ve tried on several occasions to download a new version and replace the old one but still it never works And most recently Windows Live Messenger the newest version just freezes right when I type in my PW and attempt to sign in it stops responding strangely enough it s also the same with Windows Media Player except that it freezes right when I open it Any advice would be helpful I m tired of ignoring and working around my computer problems x x

A:Wbemcomn.dll, Windows live, Windows media player

Welcome to BCPlease follow the directions in this tutorial. If you do not have a retail XP CD, pay special attention when the "i386 folder" is discussedhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219610/wbemcomndll-windows-live-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey all After upgrading last week to Build everytime I - Live issues 2009 Messenger webcam Solved: Windows try to start a Video Call with someone either they can t see me or themselves or I can t see me or them Essentially at least one of the views will not be working and is replaced by the no webcam icon Signing out amp back in again doesn t solve the problem rather it changes the view that doesn t work i e at first I can t see the cam view of me on my comp Then Solved: Windows Live Messenger 2009 - webcam issues after signing out and in I can now see me but the other person can t I hope that makes some sort of sense Also the View my webcam option is greyed out but from running Audio amp Video Setup on the main WLM window the cam seems to be functioning correctly I m not too sure what further info you would like me to give but am more than happy to produce anything if required I am running XP MCE SP and using a Logitech QuickCam Pro webcam if that helps any Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Live Messenger 2009 - webcam issues

Just try reinstalling the drivers for it them upgrade... or make sure on msn ur preferences say that you have a webcam set up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-messenger-2009-webcam-issues.816523/
Relevancy 82.13%

I installed Windows 8, and now avi files look like poo when played through Windows Media Center on my PC or X-box. The same .avi file looks great when Windows Media Player is used though.... I was using Windows 7 before the "upgrade" and Media Center worked just fine on my PC and X-box.
Example of what I'm talking about:

What the video looks like with Media Center:
Same file using Media Player:
Does anyone have a clue why the same damned file looks so different between two Windows programs.....and how I can fix this? We preferred using Media Center on the X-box before this "upgrade"...

A:Windows Media Player vs Media Center avi issues

I use media player classic home cinema x64. I never experience crap like that.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11173-windows-media-player-vs-media-center-avi-issues.html
Relevancy 82.13%

( sorry for the title, trying to have a bit of humor about it  )Hello! I use Windows Live Media Player 6.0 because I need to make a lyric video for a personal project, but when I tried to open my file, the captions load and then they disappear. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!  Here is a GIF of what happens.https://i.gyazo.com/772d21ac2a0263703b4592a40f99e6c9.gifHere is a photo of what it looks like after loading.I am running Windows 10 Pro 64x and have 16 GB of RAM, a Skylake Intel Core i7 @ 4.0 GHz, a 2 TB HDD, Realtek High Definition Audio, a nVidia GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB of vRAM, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, and my Windows 10 Pro is activated and legitimate.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158299.0.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello! I use Windows Live Media Player because I need to make a lyric video for a personal project, but when I tried to open my file, the captions load and then they disappear. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Here is a GIF of what happens.
https://i.gyazo.com/772d21ac2a026370...a40f99e6c9.gif
Here is a photo of what it looks like after loading.
I tried to include the project file but for some reason it is invalid, though I am not aware why.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65077-windows-live-media-player-ate-my-gosh-darn-captions.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I am using Windows XP SP 2 and I am using a shared computer.
My PC was ok until one day when I tried to open and use the Search function it just shut down immediately. That is also what happens when I try to use Windows Media Player and Yahoo Messenger. I wanted to rollback my computer to a previous state so that I could solve the problem but System Restore shuts down on me too.
My question is, are they related somehow? Was there a program that was modified/deleted that made this happen? Or should I just give up and re-install Windows?
I use Kaspersky Anti-virus btw and it didn't alert me for any virus infection. Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-system-restore-yahoo-messenger-search-shuts-down-184920.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I've been having the same problem for about three months now,
and when i go to this website,
www.bgtelevizia.com
and try to watch live T.V. on the website, the windows media player window will pop up normally, but it will say "Connecting to Media" and then it will say "Ready" and have a play button, and when I click play, it still will to the same thing over and over again.
This website only runs with Mozilla Firefox. I've always been updating Mozilla and I have the latest version of Windows Media Player.
Pleaseeeee help me as soon as possible thanks!

A:Windows Media player, doesn't stream live videos! help asap please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-doesnt-stream-live-videos-help-asap-please.665453/
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently downloaded WMP 10 on my computer, which has XP but does not have service pack 2 because it wouldn't work.

The problem with WMP 10 is this. It freezes up constantly. It will always play an audio or video file right on cue, but then when I try to do something else, like pause or switch to another song, it freezes and is "not responding". It's at the point where I know exactly when it will freeze up. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Media Player 10 Issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenaciousg

I recently downloaded WMP 10 on my computer, which has XP but does not have service pack 2 because it wouldn't work.

The problem with WMP 10 is this. It freezes up constantly. It will always play an audio or video file right on cue, but then when I try to do something else, like pause or switch to another song, it freezes and is "not responding". It's at the point where I know exactly when it will freeze up. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Help would be appreciated.

Have you tried uninstalling WM10 and redownloading it? I think that might be the best initial option.

The other place to look is:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a&ang=en&cr=US

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windows-media-player-10-issues-18526.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently switched from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate, which came with Windows Media Player, version 12. I'm now trying to update & organize my WMP library & have noticed that I can no longer manually add album art: the right-click option, "paste album art", is no longer available as of 2 hours ago! I tried restarting the computer, but that didn't't help. How can I get this option back?

A:issues with Windows Media Player, v.12

About all you can do is go to left side window in Media player and choose "album" then right click on the album and choose "find album info", a new window will pop up, then look for the album on the list or you can refine the search, when you find the correct album click on it and choose next then next again and finish. It works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

I can't find the paste album art anywhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38201-issues-windows-media-player-v-12-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Two issues ... first, "save as" does not work when playing video clips I have downloaded. The option shows in the drop-down window, but is not highlighted and is not active. Second, when I play a video clip, the audio does not stop when I click on stop. The video stops, but the audio continues until the end of the clip.

This is a new PC running Vista Home Premum SP1. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/192910-windows-media-player-issues.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I hope I put this in the right place.

Recently, Windows Media Player has been acting up, I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything I downloaded or installed. It started with audio, it would ONLY play every other song. Now when I try and play video files, it says:

This has been nothing but problems lately, please help.

A:Windows Media Player Issues

1. go to Google type in "media foundation protected pipeline" with the quotes.
2. Read

http://www.vistax64.com/software/205114-windows-media-player-issues.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey All

I have posted this in another forum also as I am not sure what the issue is...

Basically if I save an mpg to my pc it plays with WMP no probs... however if I click the direct link on the hosting page I just get an error stating that the page cannot be opened..... not sure if it is an issue with WMP or with vista..... it is a new comp with vista as standard...... on XP the link opens up in WMP no issues, but on Vista I just get the error message.

Any help appreciated.
Ian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-issues.713487/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Guys,
Im running XP Home with SP2 and everything is up to date including the newst version of Windows Media Player.
Every now and again when im playing an MP3 or a video file, the player locks up.
The content is still playing, .. so i can still here the tune, or watch the video but thats all .... every other functionality of the player is locked out, and the egg-timer icon is showing next to it, ... no matter how long its left, it never corrects itself.
When i open the task manager, in the applications list, i can see two instances of Media Player being displayed.
The only thing i can do to rectify the situation is to end task, then end the dumprep process to free the system up again.

Anyone else have this problem or have any idea why this might be happening on such a regular basis ??

Cheers,

I assume you were working now with WMP11? Was it working in the earlier version?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72549/windows-media-player-issues/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey All

I have posted this in another forum also as I am not sure what the issue is...

Basically if I save an mpg to my pc it plays with WMP no probs... however if I click the direct link on the hosting page I just get an error stating that the page cannot be opened..... not sure if it is an issue with WMP or with vista..... it is a new comp with vista as standard...... on XP the link opens up in WMP no issues, but on Vista I just get the error message.

Any help appreciated.
Ian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-issues.713488/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am 11 XP Player Media Under Issues Windows brand new and sure hope Windows Media Player 11 Under XP Issues I put this in the right place I have an issue with Windows Media Player on a machine running Windows XP and hope someone can help I have WMP running on two machines A desktop with Windows XP and a Laptop with Vista When I playback streaming video on the machine with WMP and Vista I am able to fast forward rewind and even click on the slider bar to jump back and forth in the recording However when playing back the same video on the XP machine WMP will not allow me to fast forward rewind or skip back and forth Any attempt to do so either starts the video clip over from the beginning or when I click on the slider it jumps back to the last part of the video shown it will not advance It makes no sense to me that the same video stream being played on Windows Media Player would behave differently in Windows XP than in Vista I have tried to update codecs re-install WMP on the XP machine etc no improvement Any ideas

A:Windows Media Player 11 Under XP Issues

Just because it's the same version number doesn't necessarily mean it's the same. It's possible they rewrote some of the code internally to work better on the platform it's ported on.
If a file hasn't been indexed, or is of incorrect length (truncated), or has corruption in the middle, when you try to seek in WMP9 (or 11) in XP (wmplayer.exe) it won't bulge the bar (can't seek). Try that in WMP6 (mplayer2.exe) it'll move the bar, but it'll stop playing altogether (can't find index). Now I wonder (from your description) if WMP 11 in Vista has overcome that.
If it's really urgent you could always post samples and see if others are getting the same results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-11-under-xp-issues-373064.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello i have a laptop running windows xp with windows media player Yesterday i tried to play some mp 's and got an unsupported file message i tried several other files to include wmv's wma's and any other media file i could try i have had no other issues with wmp before i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and have updated it from microsoft as well below is a current hijack this log in case this shows anything that may Media Player Issues Windows help diagnose Windows Media Player Issues this problem i also run zone alarm pro xoftspyxe regcure and windows defender and adaware usually to times a week above and beyond the normally scheduled times any assistance would be greatly appreciated thanks ty Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System S EvMon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC WINNT system ZCfgSvc exeC WINNT SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINNT System tabbtnu exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files ActivCard acachsrv exeC Program Files Common Files ActivCard acautoreg exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINNT system E S RP EXEC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC WINNT System RegSrvc exeC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System XConfig exeC Program Files Common Windows Media Player Issues Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC WINNT System hkcmd exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Gateway Gateway Ink Monitor GWInkMonitor exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINNT vVX exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold acevtsrv exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold agquickp exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Spyware fixes HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www comcast net home htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www comcast net home htmlR - HKCU Software M... Read more

Hello,You posted in the wrong forum with your problem. Problems with Windows Media Player should be in the Audio and Video part of this forum and not in the malware removal part. There is nothing suspicious in your log anyway.This is the right forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/Do not post your HijackThislog there, but post a detailed explanation of your problem.Also, take a look here at the Windows Media Player troubleshooting list:http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wmp11I am going to close this thread to keep things organized.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86354/windows-media-player-issues/
Relevancy 80.41%

Straight to the point, my WMP 11 won't load on my desktop, neither will any videos on websites that are running any version of windows media player on the web. Pretty much, the player doesn't function at all.

Any help, appreciated.

A:Windows Media Player 11 Issues

Hi Kosta, welcome to TSF..

try going to:

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player

Then double click on the setup_wm.exe file. Post back if anything happens please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-11-issues-176576.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey,

When ever I use WMP to play a song or use a program that uses the WMP components, like napster, it crashes. I dont know why, it used to work fine.

From,

Jeremy

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi folks was having trouble playing some media clips on issues Media -CWS Windows Player line class not registered errors I upgraded my WMPlayer and ended up getting hijacked to an adult site thus ended up with a number of CWS problems XXX toolbar crap and my homepage would constantly be changed to quot About quot I ran HJT as well as CWS shredder deleting WMPlayer in the process and the problem is resolved Is it safe to reload WMP or is there a better alternative Is there a patch or fix for this or is it the nature of the beast I m running win - here s my startup and HJT log for your review and advise My notepad is gone What s Windows Media Player -CWS issues up with that StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from C WINDOWS DESKTOP UTILITIES ASSORTED HIJACKTHIS EXE Detected Windows SE Win x A Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES SYSDOC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP UTILITIES ASSORTED HIJACKTHIS EXE -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Startup C WINDOWS Start Menu Programs StartUp Norton System Doctor lnk C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run SystemTray SysTray Exe ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun LexStart Lexstart exe StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE -------------------------------------------------- Shell amp screensaver key from C WINDOWS SYSTEM INI Shell Explorer exe SCRNSAVE EXE drivers mmsystem dll power drv -------------------------------------------------- C WINDOWS WININIT BAK listing Created Rename NUL c windows system kbdkfn dll NUL c windows cookies email protected txt -------------------------------------------------- C AUTOEXEC BAT listing SET BLASTER A I D H P T SET CTSYN C WINDOWS C PROGRA CREATIVE SBLIVE DOSDRV SBEINIT COM -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs Symantec NetDetect job FA AB A -B - D - - A C F JY job Maintenance-Defragment programs job Maintenance-ScanDisk job Maintenance-Disk cleanup job Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup job Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer job Windows Critical Update Notification job -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Download Program Files B F -FB C- D - AEA-DC E CODEBASE http www warnerbros com zeta download ie CW AJ exe CV Class InProcServer C WINDOWS SYSTEM WUV IS DLL CODEBASE http windowsupdate microsoft com R V Controls x w en actsetup cab Update Class InProcServer C WINDOWS SYSTEM IUCTL DLL CODEBASE http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x ansi iuctl CAB Office Update Installation Engine InProcServer C WINDOWS OPUC DLL CODEBASE http office microsoft com officeupdate content opuc cab Shockwave Flash Object InProcServer C WINDOWS SYSTEM MACROMED FLASH FLASH OCX CODEBASE http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab Shockwave ActiveX Control InProcServer C WINDOWS SYSTEM MACROMED DIRECTOR SWDIR DLL CODEBASE http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items WebCheck C WINDOWS SYSTEM WEBCHECK DLL HJT Log Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C P... Read more

A:Windows Media Player -CWS issues

Windows Media Player -CWS issues
Here it is with out the stupid larger fonts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks
was having trouble playing some media clips on line (class not registered errors). I upgraded my WMPlayer and ended up getting hijacked to an adult site thus ended up with a number of CWS problems, XXX toolbar crap and my homepage would constantly be changed to "About".

I ran HJT as well as CWS shredder (deleting WMPlayer in the process) and the problem is resolved. Is it safe to reload WMP or is there a better alternative? Is there a patch or fix for this or is it the nature of the beast?

I'm running win98 - here's my startup and HJT log for your review and advise.
My notepad is gone! What's up with that?!

StartupList report, 7/7/04, 2:42:40 PM
StartupList version: 1.52
Started from : C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\UTILITIES ASSORTED\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
Detected: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON UTILITIES\SYSDOC32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\UTILITIES ASSORTED\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
[C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp]
Norton System Doctor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

SystemTray = SysTray.Exe
ScanRegistry = C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
LexStart = Lexstart.exe
StillImageMonitor = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=
drivers=mmsystem.dll power.drv

C:\WINDOWS\WININIT.BAK listing:
(Created 6/7/2004, 12:58:0)

[Rename]
NUL=c:\windows\system\kbdkfn.dll
NUL=c:\windows\cookies\[email protected][2].txt

C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT listing:

SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H5 P330 T6
SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

Symantec NetDetect.job
{FA8AB2A8-B581-11D5-8852-004033A1C91F}_JY.job
Maintenance-Defragment programs.job
Maintenance-ScanDisk.job
Maintenance-Disk cleanup.job
Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup.job
Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer.job
Windows Critical Update Notification.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[{68B632F6-FB2C-11D2-9AEA-DC27E1000000}]
CODEBASE = http://www2.warnerbros.com/zeta/download/ie/CW4AJ16.exe

[CV3 Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WUV3IS.DLL
CODEBASE = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/...en/actsetup.cab

[Update Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IUCTL.DLL
CODEBASE = http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.c...7902.4952314815

[Office Update Installation Engine]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\OPUC.DLL
CODEBASE = http://office.microsoft.com/officeu...ontent/opuc.cab

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\FLASH\FLASH.OCX
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...ash/swflash.cab

[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\DIRECTOR\SWDIR.DLL
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...director/sw.cab

--------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-cws-issues.247574/
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently installed Windows Media Player 11 and there are several things that have changed about it between 10 and 11 that I don't like and would like to nip in the bud if at all possible, but haven't been able to figure out how to.

- It won't let me right-click on a file in the Playlist and get the Advanced Tag Editor. It will only let me do that from the Library.

- When it first starts up, it loads the library. I would prefer for it to go the Playlist, like it did under 10.

- Strongly related --- when I close it and bring it back up again, the playlist that I had when I closed it does not come back up.

A:Windows Media Player 11 Issues

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't want to switch back to 10 if I don't have to, but I might just consider it if there's nothing I can do about these issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-11-issues-127934.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been using my WMP for very long time. But recently, I am unable to play some of the mp3s (I can still play most of them) I have which I previously never had issues with.

I tried removing any codecs that I installed recently but it didn't work.

Any suggestions to how I can work around this? I was thinking of reinstalling WMP but couldn't find a good way to do so.

Have you tried VLC instead of using WMP? I think most people prefer third party media players such as VLC unless I am missing something in your post.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543993/windows-media-player-issues/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am not sure if this is the correct area but if it s not I m sure a moderator will move it to the proper location Either way I ll just go ahead and describe my current issue Avast Windows Player issues (please & Media help) So I ve been having weird issues with my Windows laptop Basically what happens is that my Windows Media Player doesn t work when the computer starts up and I let it Windows Media Player & Avast issues (please help) load and everything The program comes Windows Media Player & Avast issues (please help) up but I get the loading circle and it never loads So I have to use Task Manager to End Task it When this happens my free Avast Antivirus won t run virus scans either The only fix to this seems to be to restart the computer Which is annoying I ve already tried multiple ways to detect viruses malware etc and I have already run previous scans where nothing was detected So that is not the problem If you want proof here is a thread that I posted on on a forum called tech guy forum You may need to read it to see everything I had to do to try to fix this Keep in mind this was before I had to do what I ended up restoring it to factory settings https forums techguy org threads i-was-told-to-post-here-help-i-guess I m AlwaysScrewed in that forum It got to the point where I was told to restore my laptop to factory settings to fix it Which I did I even installed Windows Service Pack which I didn t have previously and updated it to the most recent updates I didn t have the issue for awhile but now it is starting up again This is annoying and I don t want to restore to factory settings AGAIN because I already did that once The restarting is annoying as well I really don t know what the issue is or how to fix it and I can t afford a whole new laptop If someone on here could help me fix this for good I would really appreciate it Thank you

A:Windows Media Player & Avast issues (please help)

Doing a re install of Windows is the last resort.Many do not like Windows Media Player. Or else they prefer an older version of it.Here is a web site I think is reliable:Top free media players for PC and Mac  These are as good or better that the one from Microsoft.But my preference is either VLC or WIN AMPLook at this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic_Ng-HKcyc

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156618.0.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a user that cannot access the codecs with their account. The video files will not play correctly. The video files will not have any audio when playing. All the problems clear up when logging in with an administrator account however. I've tried giving the user full control to the windows media player application and the corresponding directory with no change in the problems. This leads me to believe that the user does not have access to the codecs required to play the file. Obviously they are on the computer because the administrator can play files no problem. Is there a way to enable these codecs for users without giving them administrator access? The computer in question is running windows xp.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/permission-issues-with-windows-media-player.696527/
Relevancy 79.55%

I use Winamp, but I want WMP so I can burn music CDs (every other program doesn't seem to work, but that should be a different thread, leave any tips if you like)

I tried installing WMP10 (I had removed it because I never used it), but it won't let me, it is telling me "This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft web site."

I have Windows XP Professional. (Service Pack 2)
I downloaded the Windows Media Player 10 for my version of windows.
I do not want WMP11 because it replaces Windows Media Connect, which I find much easier to use.

Any help would be very appreciated.

UPDATE: I figured it out, I just went into the Add/Remove Windows Components, and added it back on there, but still, I want to know why the installer didn't work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-10-install-issues-131570.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I cant seem to open any video file without getting an error in which i need to close WMPC. It used to open any media file with no problem.

A:Windows Media Player Classic Issues

have you tryed reinstalling codec's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-classic-issues-184020.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Sony Bravia KDL series tv with built in WIFI that I am trying to share with my pc through Windows Media Player.

Running:
Windows XP SP3
Windows media player 11
Kasperasky Internet Security 2011

Sony has built in wifi that is connecting to the network and I can browse on the TV. However when I go into Media Player the TV does not show up in order for me to share it. The only icon that is showing up in Media Player is "Other users of this pc".

Can anyone help as I am sure I am just missing a step. I spoke with Sony and they say it should be showing up.

Thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-sharing-issues.995158/
Relevancy 79.55%

On Tuesday I upgraded from Windows Media Player 7 to version 9. Since then I can't burn any of my video files. I have since found out that Microsoft has put some copyright protection and rights managment software in WMP 9 which has kept almost all my video files from being burned. The files in question are just some European commercials and European sports footage. I need the space on my hard drive and need to find out how to unlock the files so I can get them off. Also would like to know if I delete WMP 9 will I still have problems with the new files I download? And finally I need to know how to remove WMP 9. My MP3 collection seems to be fine, I assume it's because I've never used WMP 9 to play them, I use MusicMatch instead.

Please help!
Thanx,

Gator

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone I ve been having a couple issues that s been going on for the past couple days Any time I try to play a Player & WinAmp Issues Windows Media video with Windows Media Player it freezes my Windows Media Player & WinAmp Issues computer The CPU usage goes up to Also when I try to play a video with WinAmp it Windows Media Player & WinAmp Issues only plays the sound and not the video I have never had this problem before I know there were a couple security updates today for Windows Media Player which Microsoft put out and I installed them as I do any other update I thought that might have been the problem but obviously not I ran a Spyware scan last night and found a Trojan which I have no idea how it got there because I am very careful what I do on my computer I also ran a virus scan and found nothing I reinstalled both Windows Media Player and WinAmp also with no changes Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be Any help would be greatly appreciated I have also included a HiJack This log If anyone could look over it and let me know if they find anything that would be great also Thanks in advance Jason Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Comodo CBOClean BOCORE exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Comodo CBOClean BOC exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Security Folder HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www insightbb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www insightbb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www insightbb com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www insightbb com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PaltalkWebLogin - C BA - C E- -BC -C E B F - C Program Files Common Files Paltalk PaltalkWebLogin dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-winamp-issues.649987/
Relevancy 79.55%

Recently I got a new computer for christmas It Player Media Solved: Windows Issues s a Dell dont shoot the messenger here it was a gift LOL Anyways it has WMP on it and for some odd reason I cannot get it to play ANY WMP formatted music players on pages I frequently visit I had on Solved: Windows Media Player Issues my old computer and it played fine so I reverted back to WMP thinking that may have been the issue and I was wrong still the same problem Firefox continues to pop up the window telling me I have missing plug-ins when I click the quot install missing plug-ins quot button it just takes me to the Microsoft page with all of the new amp old WMP installs I am a huge music buff and this is something that is important to me if I am going to keep this gawd forsaken computer Can someone clue me in here as to how I can fix this Your insight is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

hey

earlier on my pc bsod'd it was pretty quick and all i managed to catch was the last to characters of the error code which was: 3F... after which windows media player completely stopped working. my pc was OC'd at the time, thought that might sort it but it hasn't. did malicious software removal from microsoft but that havent done anything, did a virus scan and again, nothing! any help will be appreciated. my specs are as followed. :

2.66ghz intel core 2 dual core e6750
4gb ddr2 corsair extreme 800 mhz
asus p5ne-sli mobo
500gb seagate hdd sata
sony dvd sata
geforce 9600gt 512 inmo 3d
900w psu (cant remember what make, bit pissed)
windows vista 64x ultimate sp1

but yes,. any help will do. please help, am hoping its not a hardware failure, on a side note, music plays through k-lite codec's media player classic perfectly fine.

thanks in advance for the help :)
dan.

A:windows media player issues after bsod

Hi -

The BSOD bugcheck you mentioned -

0x3f = NO_MORE_SYSTEM_PTES = the system performed too many I/Os and now has a fragmented PTE (Page Table Entries).

If the bugcheck was in fact 0x3f, it is likely that a driver requested a large chunk of kernel memory, but no contiguous block was available. Video drivers and backup programs are the usual offenders.

Any recently installed software - like driver updates? I need to see the dumps and get system info before providing advice on this. I want to double check the bugcheck and see the mini kernel dumps because I highly doubt that your system ran out of PTEs - a very rare occurrence. Please follow THESE instructions.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-media-player-issues-after-bsod-343723.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello As this is my first post here I will try very hard not to make a fool of myself If I fail please forgive me I ve spent several days searching the forums and several others similar but have not found any solution for my rollback issue I will try to explain it in detail and pray that I get a response Reason for Rollback Possibly Irrelevant Upon attempting to add files to my library my player accepts the monitored folders and OK s the scan At this time I usually see a progress bar and amount of files found However nothing happens and no files are added When I check the monitored folders again the folders I added previously are no longer there The other issue lies with the Sharing options The moment I click quot Media Sharing quot the player freezes and is only closed through task manager Errors The first attempt at rolling back the player produced a WMP Issues Player Media Windows Rollback is still running error I ran CCleaner and Windows Media Player Rollback Issues ended the processes through the task manager and attempted to uninstall again quot It is not possible to uninstall Windows Media Player because folders that are required for the uninstall have already been deleted quot I then ran CCleaner s Registry Scan and discovered a registry problem stating that quot C windows ntUninstallwmp spuninst refers to a location that is unavailable quot I received this same message when attempting the quot Run gt windir ntUninstallwmp spuninst spuninst exe quot method I selected to fix the issue through CCleaner and on my most recent attempt to rollback I was prompted to OK the process Immediately after clicking OK the window changes with the message quot Windows Media Player rollback is complete quot It actually has not rolled back and WMP remains By the way I have also tried this in Safe Mode No luck ANY help at all is appreciated I have my shiny XP disk sitting on my desk but I d LOVE to find a way around it System Restore isn t an option as I don t have a point that far back Thank you for reading my all-to-lengthy first post Hopefully someone is still awake and knows a solution that doesn t involve a hammer Rob XBL epilecutt BBpin BB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-rollback-issues.864775/
Relevancy 79.55%

i am having issues burning a cd with windows media player. it will burn and play in the computer but not in the car or portable player. i am using cd-r disks.

thanks.

A:windows media player cd burning issues

check your CD players' specs - most likely is not suited to playing burnt discs, also make sure you're burning them as audio not data discs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-cd-burning-issues-397474.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I am glad to have found this site Hopefully it can provide me with some answers I have an HP Pavillion A on with XP installed on it For the most part it runs fine although this site loads quite slow but when I tried to run my Windows Media Player the other night -- it had been awhile since I had used it -- I was informed it was unable to run because of low memory I could run videos and such already on the hard drive but could not access anything online I went online looking for answers and none either made sense -- a lot of it was technospeak I didn't quite get -- or didn't work I even reinstalled WMP and the results were issues player couple Media other a Windows and of the same Could this be part of the problem since it is another issue I'm trying to figure Windows Media player and a couple of other issues out When I go to Task Windows Media player and a couple of other issues Manager even when I am running just one program I have upward of -plus procesess running It rarely shows it taking up more than - percent of CPU useage but I find that an extraordinary high number for when I am doing nothing I am having similiar issues with my laptop but it is running like crap How do I determine which ones to shut down and what is the best way to go about doing it Any help would be appreciated -- RINK

A:Windows Media player and a couple of other issues

Hi rink23 and welcome to TSF !

One of the running processes could have a memory leak, meaning it's not releasing the memory after using it and ends up leaving no memory for other processes. In the task manager go to the processes tab then go to view => add columns and tick virtual memory size, paged pool and non-paged pool. See if one of the memory values (including the default memory usage column) increases constantly for one of the processes.

IMO 70 processes is way too much. Like most brand computers HP computers come filled to the brim by bloatwares and unneeded programs. FYI, after some tweaking, my fully multimedia capable computer running XP SP3 only has 27 processes running in the background. Chances are you'll end up with more than 27 but getting the number of background processes under 50 would already be an improvement.

First thing : make a backup of the system before you make any changes. I recommend DriveImage if you have an external drive big enough to hold the resulting file (it'll be as big as the used space on your system partition, but it's a bulletproof solution). Else you should at least backup the whole registry with erunt and create a system restore point (start => all programs => accessories => system tools => system restore).

Then download and run the PC decrapifier. Make sure you select each item and click on more info at the bottom before you select anything, once you're ready click next to remove the selected items.

More tweaking can be done using autoruns and bleepingcomputer's startup items database. In Autoruns go to the logon tab and check the items you see there on bleepingcomputer's database. Sometimes an entry can correspond to several programs, make sure you check the description and image path to identify the one that's on your system. Read the description on the database and untick the ones you don't need.

You could also check the services tab in Autoruns but make sure you don't untick any microsoft service. Careful with what services you untick, make sure you've done some research (google) before.

Tell us how that goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-and-a-couple-of-other-issues-277039.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have Windows 2000 so I am stuck with series 9 when ever I go to start it I get the folowing error message. SETUP_WM.EXE - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND X The procedure entry point GetUserGeoID could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

- OK -
I have done some serious research and have come up with nothing Could Someone please Help me any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 79.55%

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 edition. Media Player was working fine until recently. Now it refuses to launch at all. If I click the Media Player icon to try to launch it, nothing. If I try to open up audio or video files that are associated with Media Player, nothing. The only way I can watch videos is through a third-party media app (Media Player Classic).

I was hoping to run a repair install or something, but I can't find and uninstaller program for it. (Most liekly because it is integrated with Vista).

The Media Player shortcut points to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

Anyone know how to attempt to solve this problem? I was hoping to just go with the shotgun approach of uninstalling and reinstalling Media Player, but I have no idea how to do this in Vista. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 79.55%

I had a really weird problem happen on my computer recently and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this I have old radio shows mp s on my computer that I have been burning to CD recently For some reason these particular mp s are only able to be burned using Windows Media Player version I believe the one that came with WinXP The internal cd burner on Need and Media help issues computer Player Windows with the computer started acting up recently so I hooked up my external burner and just switched the Drive in the device list so WMP would use that to burn my cd All of a sudden one day my media player wouldn't recognize the E drive internal cd burner or the F drive external The only way I could get it to show either one was to restore hte comptuer to a previous time However once I restart the computer again it goes back to having the same problem and the only way I can get Need help with Windows Media Player and computer issues it to register both drives is to restore the computer again which in itself is a pain Now most recently when i was trying to restore to a previous time it took teh computer literally hours to do it and then said it couldn't complete it becuase I didn't have enough memory I deleted several files and whatever else I could to save up space on teh computer and tried to do the restore again and now it tells me it cant do it The main problem now is that my WMP has completely disappeared from the computer The Media player classic is still listed but if i even try to open any files that normally use WMP it doesn't show it on the list of programs and wont open with it In addition to that I tried to burn a regular cd with roxio and roxio doesn't recognize either my internal or external burner on the computer My CD rom drive works fine in general but as a burner the program doesn't recognize it What's weirder is that on my wife's identity the Media Player is still there So now I dont have media player and I would just go and download it again but even if I did the computer apparently isn't recognizing that I have any kind of burning device on the system whew I'm at a total loss The computer doesn't even give me the option to undo my last system restore Can anyway help me with this or point me in the right direction

A:Need help with Windows Media Player and computer issues

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Can you successfully burn anything using your wifes profile? Also, in her profile are the devices listed?

If the above shows her profile works then yours is pooched / corrupt

You may need to create a new profile and then copy data from a the corrupted user profile to the new profile

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-windows-media-player-and-computer-issues-118721.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi could someone please help me? I am running Windows Vista Premium, with Windows Media Player 11, anytime I try to rip music from cd's, then try to play the file I get this message Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance click web help... Well that wasn't any help there...

Thank You in advance for your help!

Little_star_1959

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-with-windows-media-player-11.826954/
Relevancy 79.55%

Good morning! Having an issue with CD burning... I attempted to burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player v. 11. The playlist loaded as usual and appeared to burn without a problem; the only abnormal thing was it burned incredibly quickly and the burn line in the disc was markedly lighter than usual. The CD plays with no problems on my PC, but when I attempt to play it in a regular CD player, I get no sound. The disc is playing because the counter is advancing.

All the media in WMP plays/accesses without a problem, and I haven't received any error messages. The last project I burned successfully (yesterday) was a photo slideshow, and I was able to rip music from a CD this morning just before the problems began. Since then, I can't play CDs in WMP and also am having issues accessing the program itself.

A:CD Burning Issues - Windows Media Player

The WMP burning software isn't very good, especially when trying to burn Audio CD's.

Try CDBurnerXP, a good freeware burning program. When you burn an Audio CD make sure you finalize the disc.

For the other problems with WMP, try reinstalling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-issues-windows-media-player.865408/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I am not sure what has caused the following problem but I Internet Norton to live Player Windows Media on Security listen radio 2005--cannot cannot listen to live radio online with Windows Media Player I did not have this problem before but I Norton Internet Security 2005--cannot listen to live radio on Windows Media Player found it has occurred since my sister did a full system scan on our Norton Internet Security program and she claims that she did not change any of the settings Whenever I try to listen now I get a message that an attempt to attack my computer has been blocked I assumed that the Norton program must think the radio website is a threat so I tried fiddling with the options on Norton such as autoblock to see if I could restrict certain quot safe quot sites Unfortunately I soon got a message that my Norton files were now corrupt so I ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling the whole Norton program Afterwards my Norton program was back to normal but I still got the same intrusion message when accessing the radio on Windows Media Player My hunches are it s probably something to do with say my personal firewall setting on the Norton program but I checked and the Windows Media Player program is apparently enabled maybe this still doesn t help and or I am incorrect As the following section shows it is funny that the intrusion message lists me as the intruder quot DORA quot So I don t know what s up and I would really appreciate any assistance with this matter as I enjoy listening to online radio I use Windows ME and I got the following intrusion message from Norton An attempt to attack your computer has been blocked Medium Risk Security Alert Intrusion RealPlayer Helix LongMeth URI BO Intruder DORA Protocol TCP Attacked IP media abc net au Attacked Port rtsp nbsp

A:Norton Internet Security 2005--cannot listen to live radio on Windows Media Player

There is an article in the Symantec KB dealing with problems accessing a specific online radio station, Live 365.

The 'solution' involved changing settings in the Ad Blocking controls of NIS or NPF, but the instructions only refer to the 2003/4 versions of those programs, not 2005. I doubt this article would help you if your problem is with all online radio stations, not just one.

Have you tried using the Symantec site, to see if you can find anything by using the Automated Support Assistant or by typing your error message into the Knowledgebase?; http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-internet-security-2005-cannot-listen-to-live-radio-on-windows-media-player.383515/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi, wen previously i wanted to listen to music on sites i cud so by clicking onit where ot would open in windows media player but now i click it and it only gives me the option to download.

anyone with any ideas to get it back to windows media player opening

regards, simon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-and-windows-media-player-issues-318568.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My in-laws are running XP Home on a Pentium GHz CPU w GeForce FX video card No problems are showing in Device Manager The problem -- no video files will play YouTube and other sites that use flash players will work but video files will not play either streaming or from the hard drive I've updated the video card with the latest drivers installed the latest versions of Windows Media Player and QuickTime and run a complete system virus scan Nothing has helped I had a recent problem with my computer's video I have a Media Center Edition PC w GeForce and could get nothing to play in Media Center It would record a show but would not play it giving me a decoder error instead I solved it by finding and installing a new decoder I thought something similar might work here but I don't really know When I try to play a wmv file off the hard drive WMP gives me the following quot Windows Media Player cannot play the file This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the Player quot It won't stream wmvs off the web either though I don't know what exactly happens video -- Windows Media Player issues Major Apparently most video sites use a flash-based player at least the ones I'm familiar with I'm sure I could track down a porn site that uses the WMP plug-in but I'm not going to try that on the in-laws' computer At least not while they're home So Any ideas

A:Major video issues -- Windows Media Player

Hi huzzah, welcome to TSF...

try installing K-Lite codec pack as it contains pretty much every codec you will need:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

Hope that helps...if not, load some the video files into GSpot codec appliance (which is included in K-Lite) and it will tell you what codecs are needed to view them...but like I said, K-Lite is very good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/major-video-issues-windows-media-player-156769.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Having some curious little issues with Media player recently, I'm running Vista Home premium 32bit.

The player itself functions fine as far as audio play back goes, however whenever I wish to open the program by double clicking an mp3 file the player will play the file but never display the interface. I must actually open the player itself to see the program working, which isn't a big deal, but annoying.

Further the program never wants to remember to display my library when I do open the player itself and instead always displays the recently added tab rather than the folder where I archive my files.

I searched around for a while and couldn't come to a solution, hopefully I didn't just over look anything. I would greatly appreciate any insight.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275330-windows-media-player-11-minor-interface-issues.html
Relevancy 78.69%

OK, so I don't know if these problems are linked, but I'm having some issues with my PC.

I have Windows2000 Server Edition. Everything has been working pretty well (I just installed a lot of new software and hardware), except when I try to play an MPEG using Windows Media Player, everything is OK for about 10 seconds, then the movie freezes. At the same time, I got a message saying that my internet connection has been disconnected. When I reboot, everything is fine again. Does this make any sense at all? it seems that I only get connection problems while I'm trying to play MPEGs. I am confused and I desperately need some help.

Thanks,

Gurnett

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-and-ethernet-card-issues.274929/
Relevancy 78.69%

UPDATE Discovered OS was mega curropted I am just going to do a folder Player and Videos Media Windows issues full clean wipe reinstall from disk Issue resolved Don't use Iobit Hello there I am having a really confusing issue I am on windows Home Prem x My windows media player is constantly updating my C Users Maggie Videos folder and it will not stop ever I have even tried removing the library from windows and it keeps Windows Media Player and Videos folder issues updating When I added it back I noticed some really odd folders in videos s ms s o amp sk without quotes When I try to open them I get the refers Windows Media Player and Videos folder issues to a location that is unavailable- error When I try to delete them I get is no longer located in verify the items location and try again error When I look at properties it says it's a file folder Windows shell cannon I believe because the folders end with a period The security tabs says it cant display the information I can not rename them either I am completely confused I have never encountered these and can't find information online Can someone help me I don't know if these issues are related I did recently have the windows search service off however I reactivated it Still endless updating I also had Iobit adv system care and crap on my pc before this I wish I had never installed them I have cleaned my stuff up with Kerish doctor and wise care now I still think my computer is damaged from Iobit especially since I had the pro version which went even deeper into the registry Yes I also deleted my windows media folder under app data to try and remove corruption No luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612858/windows-media-player-and-videos-folder-issues/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have windows live mail 2010 and wanted to upgrade to windows live mail 2011 but i dont want to have to install windows live messenger 2011 and would like to keep windows live messenger 2009..

Is there a way i can have windows live mail 2011 along with windows live messenger 2009 (14.0.8117) ?

A:windows live mail 2011 with Windows Live Messenger 2009

Hello GBP,

Was there something wrong with Windows Live Messenger 2011 that we could help with so you wouldn't have to worry about using an older version of it?

Here's the most common complaint and solution for it.
Windows Live Messenger - Change to Full or Compact View

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/121389-windows-live-mail-2011-windows-live-messenger-2009-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

HELP! How can i totally uninstalled Windows live messenger 2009 aka windows live essential.

It totally suck. The interface is weird to me or maybe i couldn't adapt.

Anyway i wanna unintall it!!!
Any ideas how can i uninstall or remove it?

Tried the add/remove programs. No help at all. Its not there.

A:Uninstall Windows live messenger 2009 aka windows live essential

Try here
http://www.vistax64.com/live-messenger/185883-cannot-uninstall-windows-live-messenger-beta-2009-a.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uninstall-windows-live-messenger-2009-aka-windows-live-essential-358768.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Whenever I try to chat with skype, Windows Live messenger or yahoo messenger , sometimes I can listen from other side but other side do not listen my voice. What is the problem and solution of it?

please me

Thanks in advance

A:Problem of video chat with Yahoo messenger - Windows Live messenger or skype

Hello sweeta, as i read your post, the solution that comes to mind is for you to confirm your settings in your Audio Manager. If you right click your Audio Manager which is usually located in the Taskbar, you should be able isolate and fix this issue . Hope i helped .

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292990-problem-video-chat-yahoo-messenger-windows-live-messenger-skype.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all!
I have a problem with connecting to the internet using IE browser. Instead, using Google Chrome doesnt have any problems. So is the situation when using related instant messenger software. Windows Live Messenger & Yahoo Messenger aren't able to connect to the Net whereas Google Talk Messenger works perfectly fine.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
TKs!

A:Internet Explorer, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger not working

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internet-explorer-windows-live-messenger-yahoo-messenger-not-working-501975.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I stupidly clicked on one of the link a friend sent me through msn The link derected me to this website and asked me to log in since then my messenger logs off on its own with a notice saying that i've loged off to another device and sent ppl in my contact list this link hxxp thatzz awesomeofferz com i've tried to scan the my computer with AVG-free and it did not help at all Also try one of the software msn virus removal and the software couldnt find any malfunction Could someone help me please Many many thanks Here's the DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Cindy at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k windows link live messenger virus, messenger keeps sending on LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe windows live messenger virus, messenger keeps on sending link C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files windows live messenger virus, messenger keeps on sending link Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony Network Utility NSUService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Sony Network Utility LANUtil exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMService exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Content Folder Watcher VCFw exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system windows live messenger virus, messenger keeps on sending link SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-live-messenger-virus-messenger-keeps-on-sending-link-334259.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a problem opening any media file in any of the Media Players viz., RealOne Player build 6.0.11.868 or my Windows Media Player 10.
Whenever I open the above mentioned Media Players on my system, their interface opens up and after I open and select any media (usually audio) file, the player keeps on connecting to the file and takes more than 1 minute and above in opening and playing any valid and good media file, may it be a .wma or .mp3 audio file.
How to fasten the dead slow speed of the players?

PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Windows Media Player or RealOne Player taking hell lot of time in opening media!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-or-realone-player-taking-hell-lot-of-time-in-opening-media.290847/
Relevancy 73.53%

This is a slightly annoying problem. I've disabled Windows Live Messenger from starting up, both through Messenger's options and through MSCONFIG. The program doesn't start when Windows starts. But when I log on to Windows Live Mail through a web browser, Messenger starts up on it's own. I cannot figure out a way to disable this. I've looked through Live Mail options and can't find anything to denote starting up the program. I only use my Live Mail account for junk mail, but need to check it occasionally and would prefer it if Messenger didn't start up on it's own.

A:Windows Live Messenger Starts Up When Logging In to Live Mail in Browser

From this post: http://www.vistax64.com/live-messeng...tml#post964562

Quote:

...Pop open IE on any machine with Messenger, choose the Tools menu, Manage Add-ons
and Enable or Disable Add-ons. Show the entries that run without requiring permission and
the specific entry you'll want to disable is "Windows Live", which corresponds to the
"MSGSC1~1.DLL" file which in the latest 2009 release will correspond to \Program
Files\Windows Live\msgsc.14.0.8050.1202.dll and CLSID is
{E1771B7F-98BE-407F-BA67-AA16ADA5D0C5}.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-messenger-starts-up-when-logging-in-to-live-mail-in-browser-471076.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Before it was easy. Plug in the WEb cam and itd install and id be able to use it. But i think this new msn is a *****. I go to device manager and it says that my vision camera is installed and everything and working prperly but when i test it in scanners and cameras...it isnt there..and it also doesnt work for MSn...help me!

A:Xbox Live Vision Camera and Windows Live Messenger

Can anyone please help my situation?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xbox-live-vision-camera-and-windows-live-messenger-356544.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Windows Media Player 10 and Total Video Player. I use Total Video layer to watch some movies. Anyway the default program to open audio/video files with keeps switching to Total Video Player. I want the default player for all media types to be WMP. I went into the options menu in WMP and checked all the boxes on all formats for WMP to be the default player, but every time I restart the computer the default player to open half of the media files reverts back to Total Video Player.

How do I fix this.

A:Windows Media Player wont stay remain as the default media player?!?!

try going into the Total Video Player options an unticking all the file formats in it. an if you want to play any thing with it just rite click an pick it as the player. if that dont work. just uninstall it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-stay-remain-as-the-default-media-player.504951/
Relevancy 73.1%

I m at my wits end I put together a capable gaming pc about a month ago with a bunch of new components and some cannibalized older components I won't Media Media properly play Player Windows Windows Audio/Video files installed all of the drivers from the motherboard cd I have a radeon x vid card I m running windows xp home ed I ve installed about every codec and plugin under the sun I ve troubleshot my load with regard Windows Media Player won't properly play Windows Media Audio/Video files to Windows itself I cannot play Windows Media Audio Video files for the life of me I do get audio but the video is all hyper-colored like looking at scrambled porn It doesn t matter if I download the video or watch it in a browser any browser It doesn t matter if I open up the DLed video in real player Windows Media player or Generic DIVX player it still comes out all scrambled and in crazy moon-man rainbow colors I have no problem playing any other type of windows media player file Quicktime works fine as well Please help nbsp

A:Windows Media Player won't properly play Windows Media Audio/Video files

Well standard Window's media files should play without the need for any additional codecs.

Maybe check the forums of your vid card for some answers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-properly-play-windows-media-audio-video-files.490958/
Relevancy 72.67%

I Mail Messenger Windows Unassociating and Live Live find the assocation of windows live mail and messenger very annoying In WL Mail I use both my hotmail and gmail accounts I prefer to save my passwords so I don't have to enter them every time I open my mail However if I get WL Mail to Unassociating Windows Live Mail and Live Messenger rememberr my passwords my hotmail account automatically pops up first when I want to sign into WL Messenger even though I never use hotmail in messenger just the gmail sign-in So now I always have to change the sign-in information on messenger because somehow it prefers my hotmail account Simply clickinig 'forget me' in WL Messenger is not the solution Unassociating Windows Live Mail and Live Messenger since this also makes WL Mail forget my hotmail password so I have to enter Unassociating Windows Live Mail and Live Messenger this one very time I open my mail So somehow I would like to dissociate the two to have WL Mail to remember my passwords but WL Messenger to forget the hotmail account Does anyone know if there's any way to do so I hate these automatic associations that you don't have any control over

http://www.vistax64.com/software/215750-unassociating-windows-live-mail-live-messenger.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Don't know if this belongs here but can't figure out were else to put it. Anyway When Im talking to some once in a while I will get
The following message could not be sent to all usersClick to expand...

yet that user im talking to is online.They can send I can see it but I can't reply why I have logged off and logged back in but it still don't don't work right and takes 10-20 trys before the message goes through why its very annoying.I have even restarted the computer.Im running off a wireless router but it says that I am connected so whats the deal.and yes the user is in my contacts.Any ideas. I have not reinstalled it should I do that next time.

A:Windows instant messenger (MSN messenger live)

Have you emptied your Temp folders and do you have a Anti-Virus or some sort of internet protection service.

Empty Temp folders.

ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-instant-messenger-msn-messenger-live.531045/
Relevancy 72.24%

im 16 and i have had my computer for about 3 years. and now whenever i trying to login into msn windows live messenger or my yahoo i get a pop up saying that it has encountered an internal error... and i have updated and everything, even reinstalled but nothing works what can i do?

A:windows live messenger and yahoo messenger

Oh and my internet explorar dosent work either, im using mozilla firefox

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-live-messenger-and-yahoo-messenger-394160.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am trying to download an audiobook from my local library I generally use Overdrive Media Windows 8 Security Upgrade Media Console Media Player Overdrive Windows OS, Console to do this When I try to download the book I get an error message letting me know that my Windows Media Windows 8 OS, Overdrive Media Console Windows Media Player Security Upgrade Player needs a Security Upgrade in order to play the DRM files It tells me to click on TOOLS in the Overdrive toolbar and then Windows Media Player Security Upgrade When I do this a dialog box appears and tells me to make sure I am connected to the internet I am and click OK When Windows 8 OS, Overdrive Media Console Windows Media Player Security Upgrade I click OK - nothing happens When I read the Windows Help file - it indicates that when I click OK in the dialog box in Overdrive it is supposed to open WMP and another dialog box It never does The Help file gives me a web site to go to where I can upgrade manually - this appears to be a Microsoft website The Upgrade button here is grayed out I made sure I was using IE as the browser I opened WMP manually to see if there was anything I could upgrade manually there I can t even determine what version of WMP I have since the Properties button is grayed out I just bought this computer yesterday it s running windows If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it I very much miss my audiobooks and I am literally banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out thanks Krista nbsp

A:Windows 8 OS, Overdrive Media Console Windows Media Player Security Upgrade

Are you using an Admin account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-os-overdrive-media-console-windows-media-player-security-upgrade.1091732/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys Using my desktop pc Windows XP Professional I copied songs from my cds to the computer thru Windows Media Player and then moved all the songs to my portable hard drive I connected my hard drive to my laptop Vista Home Premium and tried to play the files thru Windows Media Player Unfortunately WMP did not play the file but opened a Media Windows Player - Media Download Services Plug-Ins License - Windows Mozilla Firefox window leading to a site that would ask me to download license Upon clicking the Download License button I encountered the error that said I had to install Windows Media Services plug-ins I searched for this plug-in and found out Windows Media Player - Download License - Windows Media Services Plug-Ins that it was associated with WMP and not WMP so I thought installation might cause conflicts or might create more errors I m not so good at computer and I don t even know which to install when WMP website gave me too many options and downloadables These make me so frustrated and I don t even know if I could still copy my songs from my hard drive to my laptop and play them Could someone please help me out Please nbsp

A:Windows Media Player - Download License - Windows Media Services Plug-Ins

hello
i have had real good luck with a FREE avs dvd player.
http://www.brothersoft.com/avs-dvd-player-free-44678.html
it plays almost anything.!! including music files.
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-download-license-windows-media-services-plug-ins.814862/
Relevancy 71.38%

Whenever I try to use Google Chrome it says the webpage is not available.
Whenever I try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger it gives me this error code 80072efd.
And when I try to update windows defender or do anything through the action center I get the same error code 0x80072efd, a connection with the server could not be established.

I have already went into the cmd windows and used the flushdns code but it has not fixed the problem.

Please Help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351377/google-chrome-windows-live-messenger-and-updating-windows-not-working/
Relevancy 70.95%

It was suggested I come over here for help In Windows Live Messenger Links Receiving Chat Windows here is my post from Am I infected http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-live-messenger-contact-window-popup I am getting links Receiving Links In Windows Live Messenger Chat Windows from my daughter's and nephew's PCs through Windows Live Messenger my daughter told me she got a similiar link about three weeks ago and she clicked on it similiarly so did my nephew Initialy I tried cleaning my daughter's PC by myself using Cleanup CCleaner Spybot in Safe Mode Ad-Aware Avg Antispyware in Receiving Links In Windows Live Messenger Chat Windows Safe Mode and Superantispyware in Safe Mode I also ran sysclean and found no viruses I decided to seek help here and posted in the Am I infected board Receiving Links In Windows Live Messenger Chat Windows I followed the suggestions given i e using MsnCleaner and SdFix and running sysclean each time I am still getting these popups Here is her Hijackthist listLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes D WINDOWS System smss exeD WINDOWS system winlogon exeD WINDOWS system services exeD WINDOWS system lsass exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeD Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeD Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeD WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXED WINDOWS system spoolsv exeD WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXED Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeD Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeD Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exeD Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeD Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeD WINDOWS system nvsvc exeD Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeE My Documents UltraVNC WinVNC exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeD WINDOWS Explorer EXED PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeD Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeD Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeD Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeD Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeD Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeD WINDOWS system ctfmon exeD Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeD Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeD Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeD Program Files Hamachi hamachi exeD Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exeD Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeD hjt HiJackThis v exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - D Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - D Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - HKLM Run avast D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run IntelliPoint D Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI D Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe O - HKLM Run WinVNC E My Documents UltraVNC WinVNC exe -servicehelperO - HKLM Run TkBellExe D Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe -osbootO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor D Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce WUAppSetup D Program Files Common Files logishrd WUApp exe -v x d -p x d -f video -m logitech -d User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce WUAppSetup D Program Files... Read more

A:Receiving Links In Windows Live Messenger Chat Windows

still getting these popups

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137847/receiving-links-in-windows-live-messenger-chat-windows/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi As of yesterday when I sign in to Windows Live Messenger a few seconds later Messenger will Messenger freeze slow Windows to of causes Live Sign-in Windows stop responding This sometimes happens before the sign-in process is complete and sometimes several seconds after Shortly after this Windows Explorer stops the Task Bar Start Menu and any window involving file browsing file Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger causes slow freeze of Windows tree such as quot Open quot dialogue boxes then any other programs which are open also stop It's not a screen freeze since the mouse and basic keyboard commands still work to some extent - Alt-Tab brings up the switch program box repeating left-shift for StickyKeys makes the StickyKeys sound though Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing I searched for a considerable period of time both on these forums and on others but with no luck Has anyone seen something similar It may be completely unrelated but today for about mins any attempt to access BleepingComputer would replace the quot bleepingcomputer quot section of the URL with quot google quot bringing up either Google's homepage or an internal Google error since rest of the URL belonging to a BleepingComputer site made no sense stuck after quot google com quot This seemed to fix itself after I tried to get to BleepingComputer via a proxy though this may have been coincidence I would post this separately but I'm not really interested in this oddity if it doesn't relate to my first problem I have tried running SpyBot and AdAware but they only turned up tracking cookies I also had an uninformed look at a HJT log and didn't see anything exciting Alais

A:Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger causes slow freeze of Windows

hi,,, when this happens open task manager,,, right click on an empty space on the task bar,,, open task manager and click on the processes tab and look to see how much processor is being used,,, then look in the process tree to see how much live messenger is using,,,, this was happening on my auntie's pc,,, live messenger was using 100% cpu,,, when i clicked on it and ended the process, cpu usage dropped to normal,,,, i then uninstalled live messenger and re installed, everything was ok after this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177238/sign-in-to-windows-live-messenger-causes-slow-freeze-of-windows/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi just got a new laptop Sony VAIO EB J E with windows to replace my old Acer which had XP on Found out about Easy transfer and thought quot great quot So I ran easy transfer for pretty much everything i could get from my old computer It took much of yesterday to run but since it finished I cannot sign into Windows Live Mail or Messenger the newest version They worked fine before that Messenger tells me either windows mail/messenger live easy tranfer, and 7 windows that I have entered the wrong password email address or that easy tranfer, windows 7 and windows live mail/messenger the service is temporarily unavailable or both i have the right password and email add and i can log in fine in the online messenger and on my old laptop ' Mail is telling me that it cannot start as another program such as a virus scanner is using my mailbox data i have tried turning off the email scanner in Avast and turning off my firewall Comodo still not starting up Both work fine on my old computer although obviously they're not the same version as XP doesn't take the new windows live I have added both easy tranfer, windows 7 and windows live mail/messenger applications to the list of safe apps in Comodo I have tried uninstalling then re-installing them I have done a system restore to a point before the Easy Transfer although i don't think that affected the easy transfer as easy tranfer, windows 7 and windows live mail/messenger the reports are still there Please help Thank you Amy PS in your answers please explain everything like if you were telling someone who has never heard of computers before I'm no good with computer jargon Thanks

A:easy tranfer, windows 7 and windows live mail/messenger

1) Completely remove (uninstall) Comodo and test after rebooting.
2) Be sure to make your system restore/recovery disks - you may need them if we can't fix this.
Post back and let us know what happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/easy-tranfer-windows-7-and-windows-live-mail-messenger-548594.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I've just bought a Samsung R580 and the built-in webcam is working fine on skype and everything else except for msn messenger. When I connect on video chat with someone, I can see myself but they can't see me and I can not see them, checked my firewall settings- using Mcafee and windows live messenger has full access. I also tried it with my Logitech Quickcam, downloaded softwares too... same thing, I can see myself - webcam is working but people can't see me and I can't see them. Funny thing is it worked once briefly.

And on another chat platform, video is connecting fine but unable to connect to server. It occasionally connects briefly then logs off in 2 minutes.

A:Windows 7- webcam not working properly on windows live messenger

OK after spending hours trying to fix it- webcam on windows live messenger, was falling asleep and it dawned on me found the webcam in device manager, uninstalled the drivers for built-in cam then restarted the system, they got reinstalled automatically and now it is working fine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-webcam-not-working-properly-on-windows-live-messenger.912674/
Relevancy 70.95%

Looking through my Add / Remove Programs list I noticed that I have the following two programs installed ie,Windows Media Player 11 & Windows Media Format 11 Runtime. I realise that I need WMP on my PC but both of these programs are the same in size ie 11.16MB.

My questions are " Do I need the both of them or are they just the same?".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132866/windows-media-player-11-windows-media-format-11-runtime-question/
Relevancy 70.95%

I want to listen online radio on windows media player 12 on windows 8 but somehow it seem that media guide link has disappeared in windows 8 but is o.k in windows 7.
I am not very familiar with windows media player 12 please let me know if anyone can find the media guide linklocation please.

Regard,
Thanks.

A:Can not found media guide link on windows media player 12 on windows 8

You need to post this over at the Windows 8 forums: Windows 8 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301220-can-not-found-media-guide-link-windows-media-player-12-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all I tried to reply to controls media How any skin floating Windows media and to Media play - without Player the thread with a similar title to provide a correct answer So I am reintroducing the topic and providing an answer that seems to work Windows Media Player - How to play media without any skin and floating media controls Problem I want to use media player with very minimal frame Many answers are quot play full screen quot But I know that media can be played in windows media without any skin very minimal framing and floating media controls over the video that auto hide when you move away Answer Press Ctrl- This puts you in a skin mode There should be menu items at the top File View Play Tools Help Choose View- gt Skin Chooser You are now in the full media player experience Do not choose a skin Click the square amp arrow thing at the bottom quot Switch to now playing quot Viola No skin minimal borders and floating media controls I have no idea why this is not a simple option I think what I am choosing is the most basic skin maybe not even intended for use But this is my favorite player super simple nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-how-to-play-media-without-any-skin-and-floating-media-controls.1132175/
Relevancy 70.52%

When I sign into Windows Live Messenger, the error reporting pops up saying that Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. Every time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've done virus scans. Nothing is up. Virus scans with Avira and Kaspersky. Both turning up nothing (and not done at the same time or installed at the same time of course). Any ideas? I'm hearing alot of people have this issue. Windows XP SP3.

A:Windows Live Communications Platform issues Windows Live

How did you uninstall it? I did a little looking around and apparently uninstalling this program is very involved, to the extent of even removing it from the registry. You can see the instructions at this site. I saw the same instructions at two sites, so this looks like the proper procedure.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207927/windows-live-communications-platform-issues-windows-live/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello All I apologize if there's any lack Live Windows Messenger Error 7, Windows 80040154 of information I am having difficulties with Windows Live Messenger Latest updated version I believe with the quot quot error The error goes along the lines of quot Service temporarily unavailable please contact your quot the usual stuff I'm on an Asus K IJ notebook running Windows home Premium bit This problem came up quite randomly I connected to the internet several days ago opened WLM and noticed a strange delay in it opening Finally it did Afterward it had not saved my username and password as it always did When I went to type this is it took around minutes for the letters to appear I thought this was strange but went with it and upon logging in it would instantly open the error I've tried numerous things and nothing has Windows 7, Windows Live Messenger Error 80040154 worked so far I've been using pidgin in the mean time but really would rather get WLM back up and running Yes I've run all tests mentioned in the quot Read before posting quot section multiple times since this started AntiVirus multiple spyware programs and anti malware No results found I've gone through windows solutions which did not work The fixes were first to reregister MSXML dll by using quot REGSVR windir system msxml dll quot in the command prompt It succeeded I restarted the computer and tried again No solution Though they did not specify anything different for Windows Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance Also again if I missed anything please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-windows-live-messenger-error-80040154-a-447914.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm having this annoying problem with windows live messenger. it launches ok, and I can use it in the usual way, but if a message window pops up, either by my actions or those of friends on my list, the whole program freezes leaving it unusable.

any help would be appreciated.

WLM Ver: 2011 (build 15.4.3508.1109)

A:windows live messenger freezes when message windows pop up

so there is no one at all on these forums who can help me????

I'm rather disappointed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/130574-windows-live-messenger-freezes-when-message-windows-pop-up.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I just updated it to the new version, and it just either...

1. Crashes when I try to open in.
2. Crashes when I try to log in.

A:The new Windows Live Messenger version crashes on Windows 7.

Windows 7 is a beta...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-new-windows-live-messenger-version-crashes-on-windows-7.798444/
Relevancy 70.52%

http://www.iaskd.com/how-to-uninstall-wind...-messenger.htmlInstructions 1. Press the Windows button on your keyboard, or launch the Start Menu using your cursor. 2. Select the "Run..." option. 3. In the prompted box, enter "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove" (without "quotes") 4. Press the Enter button on your keyboard, or click "OK." 5. When you are prompted and asked to restart your computer, click "Yes."This worked for me. I uninstalled Live Messenger through add/remove months ago, but FileHippo update checker kept finding traces installed in c:\program files\messenger. I tried deleting the file, but received an error message that deleting Messenger could make some programs not workHope this hasn't been posted already or that it helps someone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296077/uninstall-windows-live-messenger-in-windows-xp-or-vista/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello

I upgraded to Windows 7 Enterprise yesterday, and I have a problem with the WLM 2009.
Every time I try to install it, I get this error.

I don't have a firewall other than Windows' and I don't know of any unusual setting.
Tried to restart, download updates for Windows etc. Nothing worked.

I downloaded the file from http://get.live.com as-is.

Anyone can help me?
Btw, I still haven't activated my copy, I'm waiting for the product key to be sent to me.

Thanks
Liron

A:Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows Live Messenger 2009

Quote: Originally Posted by Lasash

Hello

I upgraded to Windows 7 Enterprise yesterday, and I have a problem with the WLM 2009.
Every time I try to install it, I get this error.

I don't have a firewall other than Windows' and I don't know of any unusual setting.
Tried to restart, download updates for Windows etc. Nothing worked.

I downloaded the file from Essentials - Windows Live as-is.

Anyone can help me?
Btw, I still haven't activated my copy, I'm waiting for the product key to be sent to me.

Thanks
Liron

Try redownloading the installer and running it as an administrator

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/35148-windows-7-enterprise-windows-live-messenger-2009-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So bottom line my computer was updated by one of the recent updates Later that day my camera stopped working where i would be able to send the invite it would load and it Not Camera (Windows Windows For Live Working! Messenger 7) would turn off after seconds I though UN-installing and installing it back would work but now every time i press the camera is goes straight to video call and it s Camera For Windows Live Messenger Not Working! (Windows 7) extremely laggy and slow Help Is there any fix that i could possibly get download install or maybe an update i can obtain to fix this problem Please Help this is very urgent as i need it to contact for business purposes really quickly Other My Computer Acer Had first had Ares Vista on it due to trying to download Windows it had crashed i had formatted the whole computer and put Windows on it What i use right now Could the problem be that i have to install the Cam again Note This was working before the update had happen i tried Un-doing the update and it still didn t work so I m guessing it s the messenger I ve also been told about various problems with the messenger and this is why i am asking for some inside help Please Help - Nikky nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I just reinstalled windows live messenger in my laptop I always manage to sign in but it stops responding a few seconds after that If I m lucky enough it works for a few minutes I ve tried some suggestions online but they don t work Here are the details of the error Hope it gives a clue on how to solve it The program msnmsgr exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID c Start Time cbc a f e Termination Time Application Path C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe Report Id Windows Live not responding Windows in 2009 Messenger 7 d f - d- e -bc f- e eb - System Windows Live Messenger 2009 not responding in Windows 7 - Provider Name Application Hang - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime Windows Live Messenger 2009 not responding in Windows 7 - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer user-PC Security - EventData msnmsgr exe c cbc a f e C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe d f - d- e -bc f- e eb E B E F E -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binary data In Words E E B F E In Bytes E B E U n k n F E o w n Please help me guys It ll be very much appreciated because I don t like windows live messenger nbsp

A:Windows Live Messenger 2009 not responding in Windows 7

Per your PM: Windows Live Messenger is outside of my area of expertise. I don't use messaging programs.

I found the following bits of info:

Windows Live Messenger 2009 customers should consider upgrading to Windows Live Messenger 2011, provided that they?re using Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7, in order to take advantage of additional security mitigations capable of blocking the spreading of a self-replicating worm.Click to expand...

Microsoft has switched off Active Links in Windows Live Messenger 2009.

?Because we?ve now blocked active links in Messenger 2009, starting [Nov. 12], some customers may also see a notification in the main Messenger window warning them that some features might not be available.?Click to expand...

Possibly this might be related to your problem. More HERE>

Hopefully someone in this forum will be able to assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-messenger-2009-not-responding-in-windows-7.160954/
Relevancy 70.52%

hello windows live messenger disconnects my router in windows 7.i already update to windows live messenger for w7.i have a Thomson SpeedTouch 585 v7 Wireless-G ADSL2+ Router.and a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller .the router only disconnects when i'm using windows live messenger.i check for virus the result was none.any idea?

A:windows live messenger disconnects router.in windows 7

this post no luck yet still the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88525-windows-live-messenger-disconnects-router-windows-7-a.html