Windows Support Forum

Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Q: Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Hi Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work I was using yousendit which worked site large closed Reliable Yousendit needed... file-sharing fine they have changed to be hightail and they have a blog - at their blog there are many comments circa oct about it now not working and being buggy So I don t want to go with that I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing I am willing to pay a modest fee month like to know it will work well and Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed not junk up anyone s computer with any trashy downloader and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct log in work some elaborate quot unique quot interface and so on I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient s email address they click on the link and from that easily select an option to download I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber When I look at reviews on the web it seems that services change a lot over time so I don t want to go for what had great reviews a year ago Please help with suggestions -Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Look at shutterfly.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reliable-large-file-sharing-site-needed-yousendit-closed.197694/
Relevancy 95.46%

Ok here's the problem....

uploaded from a mobile device/player to YouSendIt for the purposes

It's been over 7 days and the link has expired

They weren't saved

Since the files were played on another persons computer would they still be available on that persons hard drive?

Like in the memory?

A:YouSendIt file sharing

These were files that were retrieved from YouSendIt? If so, its possible that if they didn't specifically download and save those files that some at least would still be hanging around in a Temporary folder, possibly a browser's temporary internet files...it depends on what type of files they were maybe and how large...and how often the computer gets cleaned up or if temp files are flushed at the close of the browser if that's what was used.
If you know some of the file names and type you can perform a extensive search for a hit on the computer they were played on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yousendit-file-sharing.988848/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am looking for a way to share large files and folders over the internet I do not need to share publicly no anonymous access is required I do not require the world s best security however I d Sharing File Large rather not leave myself wide open either The ability to resume file downloads is a must Users must be able to download files and folders from a shared resource They must also be able to upload to a user specific space on the server as well as to a separate shared space Large File Sharing If that is unclear that means two separate resources with two separate sets of privileges plus user specific spaces I will most likely have only three users but they will connect from a variety of different places and machines I am hoping for the following configuration Single fileserver Fileserver exists on an internet connection shared with other computers on the same LAN Other computers on LANs at different sites sharing other internet connections All computers use some variant of windows none older than Large File Sharing Windows XP bit Ideally I would like to have the server run a non-windows operating system While this is not a requirement I enjoy experimenting and this seems like a good time to learn something new If possible please limit recommendations to free software as this is strictly for personal use Thank you very much for your time nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi, I am new here and though you all might be able to help.

Im trying to send my friend a video that is 3.6gb in size.

I tried Youtube but their limit is 2gb. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Sharing LARGE video file

Quote: Originally Posted by tdkdpt

Hi, I am new here and though you all might be able to help.

Im trying to send my friend a video that is 3.6gb in size.

I tried Youtube but their limit is 2gb. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome

There are services that specialize in just that. All you need to do is Google sending large files.

BTW that's going to take a lo,ng time to upload unless you have a very fast internet connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/65128-sharing-large-video-file.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Everyone I hope someone can give me some suggestions I have one PC Windows XP SP and Wireless on network file dies home large sharing when a Mac G Wireless dies when sharing large file on home network quad OSX both connected wirelessly to the same Lynksys wireless router The PC has share folder active and in the mac I can get access to the PC shared Folder via Finder gt Network gt mynetwork gt Share Docs I can place files in this folder in both computers and I can access them in both computers too Now here is the problem If while using the mac I access the PC shared docs and try to move a large file MB into the Mac s desktop the file beings to move but then the wireless connection AT THE PC resets as if I had disable the wireless connection and enabled it again The mac then stops moving the file and gives me this error ---- The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in quot quot could not be read or Wireless dies when sharing large file on home network written ---- This only happens with large files The PC does not have the windows firewall on however Avast on-access scan is on It seems something is happening that triggers the PC wireless card to reset itself Wireless dies when sharing large file on home network when trying to move this large file between the computers This is driving me crazy Any suggestions Thanks NLD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-dies-when-sharing-large-file-on-home-network.624609/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a LAN set up consisting of PC - help over File a sharing needed LAN: cable connected to the router Laptop - wirelessly connected to the router Both Computer are on the similar IP range and both with internet access However I m looking to set up files sharing between the two computers over the LAN but not had much luck so far Under Network Connections on the settings on the cable connected PC I can see that File and Printer sharing is checked under Local Area Connection On the laptop Should the same be checked under Local Area Connection or under the Wireless Connection in Network connections It s currently checked on Local Area Connections can someone answer that part before the next part please Is there File sharing over a LAN: help needed anything else I need to make sure is set up so that I can start sharing files As I ve tried to access each computer from the other with no luck they can see that each other exist on the entire network but they can t share files permission reasons Hope someone can help nbsp

A:File sharing over a LAN: help needed

I didn't catch what OSes you are using, but I think the following will cover at least one of them.

The following will set up a Microsoft Workgroup for File and Printer Sharing assuming the PCs are already networked via router, ad-hoc wireless or Ethernet (directly or using switch or hub).

In Network and Dial-up Connections (Win 2k Pro) or Network Connections (XP) right click on your connection and select ‘Properties.’ If not already there, install or add a check mark for “Client for Microsoft Networks, “File and Printer sharing …” and “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).”

Right click on My Computer, select Properties, and on the Computer Name tab make sure you have a unique computer name and the workgroup name that you want to use for all computers. Change if necessary.

Restart the PC.

You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine.

If using the XP SP2 firewall: Control Panel – Windows Firewall – on the General tab it should be “On” and on the Exceptions tab “File and Printer Sharing” should be selected. (When using this PC on a public network set it to “No Exceptions.&#8221

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (up to 15 minutes) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-over-a-lan-help-needed.702041/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am thinking of buying an Acer Aspire 5720Z from them.
If you go to http://www.val-u-computers.co.uk/acatalog/cheap-laptops-under-300.html then it's the 6th down.

But val-u-computers just doesn't sound like a reliable name.
Also the laptop is refurbished - does that mean I should avoid it?
I have also heard Acer's should be avoided as they only last 1-2 years tops generally - is this true?
So will I be safe buying from them?

A:Is val-u-computers.co.uk a reliable site to buy from?

Refurbished just means that someone sent it back, cause it was broke, and the company fixed it.

And I can't find much information about that site.

And I think you may be able to find a better deal than that ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...3010918-1650864?ie=UTF8&qid=1227385079&sr=1-6

Is an example I found in a few miniutes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-val-u-computers-co-uk-a-reliable-site-to-buy-from.771973/
Relevancy 63.64%

Im finding it hard to share my stuff with my other computer at the moment it just isnt working at all, im on windows xp pro corp sp2

been trying for the last few hours with no success

A:Network File Sharing Help Needed

"Im finding it hard to share my stuff ..."

If yer talkin' psychological problems, I can't help.

But if it's more technical, describe your network and what you want to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-file-sharing-help-needed.451433/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is sort of a general question but I do have a need to understand file sharing a little better First Scenario I have a -machine Win peer-to-peer network When my wife has a file open in WordPro she opened it first then I open it knowledge {Advice - File-sharing Given} needed I get a message that the file is write-protected and that I cannot save any changes to it Even if she later closes it and I still have it open I cannot save any changes to it until I close it and then reopen it after she is finished Different Scenario I guess what I need to know is how this setup can work There are W workstations that are transacting business that has to be recorded to a common database located on an NT server In addition to that there are also other W workstations that are closing sales and entering those transactions that were being transacted {Advice Given} - File-sharing knowledge needed on the W workstations above Questions In laymans terms can anyone explain to me how all of these machines can be {Advice Given} - File-sharing knowledge needed entering information to this same database To give you a picture of how fast this data is being entered the four W workstations are all running {Advice Given} - File-sharing knowledge needed separate auction lanes auctions and the other five are recording the final transactions for those auctions How is it that all these machines can be entering to the same database at essentially the same time How does that work in layman s terms please ------------------ nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I've got computers at home - CompA Vista Business -bit SP and has shared drives and a printer attached - CompB Vista Business -bit Vista needed on Help sharing with file/printer SP and has shared drives - CompC laptop with Windows XP SP CompA and CompB can see each other and CompB can print on CompA's printer fine CompC can see CompB just dandy and use the shared drives CompC cannot see CompA at all trying quot net Help needed with file/printer sharing on Vista view CompA quot gives System error has occurred The specified server cannot perform the requested operation I am able to ping CompA from CompC but not use net commands All computers have workgroup set to WORKGROUP I've tried turning off the firewall on CompA but it makes no difference The only difference I can see between the network configuration of CompA and CompB is in quot Network and Sharing Center quot in the quot Network discovery quot setting CompA says quot On quot and CompB says quot Custom quot I've googled quot System error quot and tried setting network security to NTLM v on the XP machine but it didn't make a difference Since CompC can successfully work with CompB I don't think I need to change CompC much so if anyone has suggestions on what to try with CompA I'd be very interested Thanks

A:Help needed with file/printer sharing on Vista

Sorry can't help.

Good luck...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213381-help-needed-file-printer-sharing-vista.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello. I am trying to share files between 2 computers on my network. Both are running WinXP.

One is set to the DMZ, the other is behind the router, so private IP address.

Both have file sharing enabled, ran the network setup wizard on both, same workgroup name, etc..

I can get the private IP computer to see the DMZ by inputting the public IP of the DMZ into the share field. (\\public IP\C)

How do I get the DMZ to see the private computer?

What am I supposed to input in the share field?

I tried \\private IP\C, but it is not finding it.

Please help, thank you

Relevancy 61.92%

Found AntennaSearch but then later found reviews saying it was often inaccurate.

Looked up Verizon towers in my town, found one on AntennaSearch. Later did the
same search on another website and it says there isn't one where AntennaSearch says.

That other website was steelintheair I think -

Anybody know of a reliable cell phone tower search site?

Thanks!

A:Is there a reliable cell phone tower search site?

Every single cell tower cite is in the FCC database on the FCC web-site (www.fcc.gov), but it's not easy to find. I would try active license search for specific type of cellular communications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-reliable-cell-phone-tower-search-site.145184/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
Did Microsoft come up with the solution of this issue on Windows 8.1
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2838018

re-build the index helps compacting the edb file but it will grow again
are there a Windows 8.1 patch available to address this issue?
the patch KB2836988 doesn't apply to Windows 8.1
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/127bab1c-f071-4057-a9c0-a997f1249f6c/how-to-install-kb2836988-or-is-it-valid-for-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral

Thank you
Andy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0a7e8eb-3a59-46cf-9b4a-f3f4d5fa86a1/the-windowsedb-file-grows-very-large-in-windows-81-perm-solution-needed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been using a 160GB WD Passport HDD for a very long time and just recently it has decided that I've over used it.

I'm looking for another hard drive that I can replace it with. I'm not looking for something with massive space, something similar would be good.

I used it as a place to install most of my programmes and all my games so that when getting a new computer or reformatting I wouldn't have to re-install everything. For this reason I need something that is fast and will last me for a good while.

Any suggestions?

A:A New Fast and Reliable External HDD Needed

the Iomega desktop Prestige is quite nice; various gb sizes .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213157-new-fast-reliable-external-hdd-needed.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok so we get a new computer We have a router already our old computer and my xbox for xboxlive hooked up to it Speed Network File/Printer Needed** slows, Speed **Help Setup Sharing internet Home , is fast everything is great i hook up my new computer The speed is still great Megabit downstream and Kb up So one day I am pondering an alternative to burning CD-R Home Network File/Printer Sharing Setup , internet Speed slows, **Help Needed** s to transfer the data and i come across quot share files and printer quot SO i try to set it up but i am going between Windows Home Network File/Printer Sharing Setup , internet Speed slows, **Help Needed** ME and Windows XP HOME SP I can recieve Files on my New computer and send them from my Old Computer that is great so i transfer about GB of data in about minutes So i have important files from the old computer on my new computer this is great only later do i find out that the internet is slow now It was fine before i enabled the file sharing between the computer but afterword slowness taking a alot longer to load webpages so i was wondering Why is this Maybe and explanation or somthing that i could do to fix this OR any help Please respond THANK YOU DAN nbsp

A:Home Network File/Printer Sharing Setup , internet Speed slows, **Help Needed**

Are you browsing while sharing/transfering files? That would definitely cause it.

Edit: This is in the wrong forum... :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-file-printer-sharing-setup-internet-speed-slows-help-needed.18759/
Relevancy 58.91%

Is there software that will simply backup, monitor a few folders for any changes and produce incremental backups while immediately backing up any changes or additions to a USB drive...preferably free software or inexpensive?

Thanks!

A:Simple & Reliable backup software to USB drive? Needed

I would use a sync tool like this: http://allwaysync.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/313550-simple-reliable-backup-software-usb-drive-needed.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi Guys thanks for being a place where one can bring problems like this i am trying to design a solution using VPN for the following scenario and can use any help insight correction guidance you can think of the company has physically separate locations loc and loc each location has just one LAN currently we want to split this LAN into site-to-site help network VPN design needed user pcs and test pcs for each location and we want users in each location to be able to access the test pcs of BOTH locations so the proposed solution is the following split each lan into physically separate LANs with separate ISP connections user LAN and test LAN create a VPN tunnel between the LANs on each location create a VPN tunnel between the test LANs i site-to-site VPN network design help needed guess it will look something like this loc user lan -----vpn----- loc test lan -----vpn-----loc test lan -----vpn----- loc user lan will this work and is it the best approach and how will i prevent loc users from accessing shares and stuff on the loc user lan and vice versa firewalls right i will be using netgear fvx firewall vpn switches on all ends thanks so much nbsp

A:site-to-site VPN network design help needed

What you're suggesting would work. It would just mean that any access exterior to any given LAN would transit the ISP. So, hopefully you're not expecting any modicum of performance. Also, if this network ever grows it will become very hard to manage.

I briefly read through the Netgear reference guide. I don't know if it'll support multiple VPN peers.

Aren't those Netgear's around $300 a pop? You would be talking about 4 of those, and 4 "ISP" connections, correct?

Purchasing something a bit higher end, provide ONE site-to-site VPN, and ACL traffic. Or purchase ONE of those per location, and install a layer 3 switch behind it that'll allow you to ACL traffic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/site-to-site-vpn-network-design-help-needed.522532/
Relevancy 55.47%

Can file sharing be temporarily disabled in windows without affecting any other services. I guess what I am looking for is an "on or off " - switch" without having to disable file sharing the tradional way (rebooting etc). Is there a cmd.com option? Windows service etc...

I would just really like to know how to turn it off....lets say for 5 minutes or 10 minutes at a time and easily resume all shared folders and services.

I really hope im just not overlooking the obvious!

Thanks!

A:A file sharing question for guru's only: Can file sharing be temporarly disabled?

net stop server disables file/print sharing
net start server enables file/print sharing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-file-sharing-question-for-gurus-only-can-file-sharing-be-temporarly-disabled.368680/
Relevancy 55.47%

I wonder if you can help I don't know really where to go with this and looking for any similar experiences you guys may have had A site auditor basically walks round and Large site storage videos the building site Large site videos and storage we work on talking long videos on his phone so audit purposes The videos are often - GB but also anything between and GB large He has GB of videos he was attempting to put on our shared file server We don't have the space to allowing that amount of media to be stored I suggest he shares links from his OneDrive attached to his phone no that is too much hassle he says He admitted hardly anyone will view but he needs them just in case they are needed for review We tried sharing a link and even on our superfast internet minutes to download a GB video I don't want them on the file server wasting space and download upload overhead plus we have to account having to allocate a extra GB to backup which eats in to our allowance I'm not denying they aren't important files I've just asked him to halt until I've had chance to think over a workable solution that easy for all concerned Not really put much thought in to it so busy with other things Any ideas to help me along users bring so many problems

A:Large site videos and storage

Hi
I'd just make sure he had removable sd card on the cell and take them out for the video access
Or get a new phone that did or a camcorder and save those sd cards or what ever they use for storage and put them in an envelope and file them away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394892-large-site-videos-storage.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

does anyone know how to overcome the moving of a large file ? i have an 8gb file located in mydocs which i wish to move to an external drive.

i recieve the message to large to move..... why is this? I would appreciate if anyone might have the answer as to how i could get this to work out.

cheers

Jase

A:Moving a large .avi file - "file too large" message

Originally Posted by jase bates

Hi,

does anyone know how to overcome the moving of a large file ? i have an 8gb file located in mydocs which i wish to move to an external drive.

i recieve the message to large to move..... why is this? I would appreciate if anyone might have the answer as to how i could get this to work out.

cheers

Jase

Check whether the external drive is formatted NTFS or FAT32. If the drive is FAT32, then the maximum allowed size for files is 4GB. You'll either need to convert the drive to NTFS, or split the AVI file into smaller chunks that fit within the FAT32 4GB boundary.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166129-moving-large-avi-file-file-too-large-message.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have tried to download several files from yousendit.com . when i click to download. it says 'this page cannot be displayed. it works for other people so i kow its not just the link. please help. i dont know if it has to do with a firewall or cookies but any help will be greatly apprecieted. this also happens sometimes when i click on a link directing to other sites.

A:help with yousendit.com

Hiya

Have you cleaned your pc lately:

Go to Tools | Internet Options. General tab. Under Delete Files, delete offline content. Also, clear the History.

Advanced tab, under Browsing, look for Enable Insta on Demand. Untick.
Under Security, look for Empty Tempory Internet... Tick.
Apply and OK

Plus, lets see a log:

go to http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-yousendit-com.285424/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello everyone i am here today on behalf of my poor mother she has a nightmare job and to finally push her over the edge her company s tech people came in to upgrade her computer to i am not sure what she meant windows or just OFFICE and THEY told her quot oh no we shouldn t need to back up anything-- quot WELL don t ya Recovery? Reliable File just know they lost the CRITICAL data on her system whether it was the whole system or out Reliable File Recovery? of lotus etc i don t have my hopes up but can anyone recommend ANY program that might help restore the system or recover just the quot office quot information i will be grateful for any suggestions though it might be better if it s something i can get at like a local national chain staples bestbuy whatever b c downloading a program off the internet she might overwrite more of the data right okay well thanks to you guys and gals for being there to help xoxo princi nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have some sensitive files on my computer that I reliable a file Is there locking program??? would like to lock down and simply creating a hidden folder doesnt bring me the peace of mind I would like I have these files all grouped into one folder which is stored on an external Maxtor One Touch GB hard drive which I do not turn on unless I am planning on using it So far I have tried two file folder locking programs Folder Lock and I Lock I had folder Is there a reliable file locking program??? lock on my system for about months and all of a sudden I started getting blue screen crashed due to a system file that I found out was associated with Is there a reliable file locking program??? Folder Lock I reinstalled and the problem persisted so I downloaded I Lock and it worked for a day or two and then I got another crash with a system file linked with I Lock I have uninstalled all folder file locking programs and everything is running fine and I havent had a crash since I dont know if the programs stopped working effectively because of changes I made to my computer s Is there a reliable file locking program??? settings I forgot what changes I made but I didnt think they were significant or because I am locking files on a drive which is not always on Any ideas as to what caused a one reliable program to stop working Or any suggestions for a more reliable locking program As always any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the long winded post Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I was doing some detailed drawings in photoshop, and I also had a generic photo up in photoshop as well. I went to save my drawings, but apparently accidentally saved the photo under the drawins name and then closed the program. This morning I discovered the bad news. Is there a way to get that drawing back? I do not know if it was ever saved before.

A:Saved wrong file, closed program without saving right file, can I get it back.

Not if you overwrote the original.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saved-wrong-file-closed-program-without-saving-right-file-can-i-get-it-back.355309/
Relevancy 53.75%

I was wondering how reliable the file copy function in Windows is, for example does it just copy, or does it do a "copy & verify" to be 100% sure the copied data exactly matches the source?

Basically, is it reliable enough to use it to make a backup copy of a hard drive with no doubt that every bit in the copy matches the source?

Since I don't know if it does a copy & verify I've been using a program that does copy and verify, but does the Windows copy do this too?

Thanks

A:How reliable is the Windows file copy function?

Hi is this what you want to do Backing up your programs, system settings and files - Windows Help you can clone the drive or use 3rd party programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-reliable-is-the-windows-file-copy-function-915834.html
Relevancy 53.75%

whats up guys,
whats the deal with yousendit.com,sendthisfile.com and rapidshare is it true that when you download from them that they install spyware and adware and sometime hijack you?because i remember i got hijack when i downloaded a song my friend send me. can someone explain what going on

Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings.

I have a feeling my question is a ridiculous one, but but I'm desperate so what the heck.

Is there a way to remotely install or copy software from my computer to a friend's computer? I have a 3Gig .iso that he needs, and I'd rather not post it to him on a disc, as that takes a while. Is it possible to give him direct access to my hard drive, or "sync" his computer with mine then copy the file over? We both use XP Pro.

Relevancy 53.32%

I'm searching endlessly to find a good converter to take an OGM file and make it either a .avi or mpeg2, so it will work in windows media player. Here is the problem. I Have VLC Media Player that I use to watch the .ogm file, but I want to make it into something else, while KEEPING the subtitles. In VLC, I have 2 audio tracks to choose from, and one form of subtitles. I tried AlltoAvi, but the subtitles lagged and were out of sync with the lip sync way too much. Is there anything out there that can get me what I want? THanks guys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-can-not-find-safe-reliable-ogm-to-other-video-file-converter-458084.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am looking to find a reliable program to remove duplicate files from my computer, I know I have a lot of duplicate files such as pictures and movies that are using up unnecessary space on hard drive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All,

RE: WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT SYSTEM - DELL INSPIRON 1720 LAPTOP

Does anyone know of a reliable, bug free, easy to use, free, program for finding and deleting duplicated files on a P.C.

For some reason my last back up program was duplicating files on my P.C and I want to get rid of them as I am starting to run low on disc space.

Regards.

A:FREE, RELIABLE, SIMPLE, DUPLICATE FILE FINDER

Here is a free one check the guide and see if it will suit if not then google will provide Anti-Twin (Freeware) - Find and delete duplicate files or similar images

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/free-reliable-simple-duplicate-file-finder-626797.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Moderator edit log post Can't Upload Yousendit, To Etc Files Megaupload moved to HJT log Forum for team analysis and member assistance - Enthusiast Im using i e and Firefox on Can't Upload Files To Yousendit, Megaupload Etc w I've tried uploading files mb mov Can't Upload Files To Yousendit, Megaupload Etc and avi to file hosting sites like megaupload com yousendit com filefactory com - each time it does about k ish and then stops or it goes to a quot page not found quot screen But I've just uploaded the file to youtube no problem I've got a hijackthis log if thats any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Professional Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Professional Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Professional Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT rundl exeC WINNT system taskmgr exeC WINNT explorer exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeF dad hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com index cfm fuseactio e -f dcc feF - REG win ini load C WINNT rundl exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Professional Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Professional Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Remote C Program Files LifeView TVR Remote exeO - HKLM Run RecSche quot C Program Files LifeView TVR RecSche exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Windows Updating System msresource exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE -onlytrayO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXEO - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Windows Updating System msresource exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Microsoft Windows Updating System msresource exeO - HKCU Run ... Read more

A:Can't Upload Files To Yousendit, Megaupload Etc

also: When I turn my PC on I get this:

regsvr32.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0fxffbad11" referenced memory at "0xffbadd11". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program [ok]
Also, I can't attach any files with hotmail. But I can download stuff.

Thanks

Nathan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68385/cant-upload-files-to-yousendit-megaupload-etc/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I'm sharing a folder on a Windows XP computer with 15,000 sub-folders/files over a small network. This folder used to be hosted in Windows Server 2003 machine. But after I made the switch to XP, accessing the shared folder over the network takes over 1 minute for the files to list.

Does anyone know what might be causing this slow performance? And is it related to the XP operating system?

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ralph

A:Problem sharing folder with large number of files over network

if you are using sp2 or 3 i believe this problem could be caused by a tcp connection limit have a look at this
http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-sharing-folder-with-large-number-of-files-over-network-460045.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Thank you for reading my post file search system fast, efficient Enable reliable and This Enable fast, efficient and reliable file system search is my first Windows notebook As far as Windows is concerned my OS was Windows XP before I never user Vista intensively I am wondering if given a brand new OS there is some kind of configuration to be made to allow a fast efficient and reliable search in the filesystem for both searching for file names folder names and for searching file contents This is the reason why I got interested in the quot Indexing Options quot part of the quot Control Panel quot I'd like to index both and all file names including of course folder names etc and file contents Need this indexing be done once for initialization and then a running service takes care of indexing new resources new files new folders and their contents Or else how does this work and what are the steps I need to follow to achieve my aim Is there any lower level interface or tool that can be used for searching the filesystem aside from the tool embedded in the quot Explorer quot And if reindexing indexing new resources has to be done manually is there any handy command that can be run A command which would only index the differential don't want to rerun a whole several hours scan every time I want the index to be updated Thank you for helping and best regards

A:Enable fast, efficient and reliable file system search

These links should answer all of your questions:

Index Locations - Add or Remove

Index - Add or Remove File Types

Search Options - Change or Restore

Index - Rebuild

Search in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234736-enable-fast-efficient-reliable-file-system-search.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A site I use has some technical manuals available for members to use, but they're in RAR format. My Win 7 can't open these to view. Can anyone recommend a free download for RAR files that's safe with no malware?

Many thanks.

A:Can Anyone Recommend A Safe And Reliable Free RAR File Reader Download

I use 7-Zip and it works great. I highly recommend it. Here's the link for the download.

Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/386115-can-anyone-recommend-safe-reliable-free-rar-file-reader-download.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi!
I'm New To This Forum But I've
Been Over To Other Forum Sites Before!
But The Thing Is,
I'm Looking For Something To Store Large Files On!
I'm Looking For Something That'll Save Large Files Between
999 MB & 2.43 GB(I Have 2 Zip File Folders One Of Which Is 999 MB &
Another Which Is 2.43 GB) !??
I Tried X-Drive Already But That's Been Taking Forever,
At Which Point, My Computer Cuts Off/Shuts Off!
I Then Tried My Zip Drive(Zip 100) But,
My Files Did'nt Fit On There Either!
So Now,
I'm Wondering If Something(Something That's Not Too Pricey Either)
Like This Or This Would Save My Large Files On A Cd-Rw Disk !?
Would You Know If Anything Like That Would Work !?
If So, Please Let Me Know Here, Ok !?

Ramiko2k7

July 10th,2007
8:39am

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I am having a problem installing my Livin' Large disk. When I go to install, it gives me a few errors:

1. Internal Failure: Error Number: 0x80040707
2. Unhandled Exception: Error Number: 0x80040702 - Description: Failed to load dll: HandleScreenSaver.

I have Windows Vista, but the first Sims CD installed just fine, with no problems.
Thank you in advance for the help,
Cravepain

Relevancy 52.03%

I ve attached the Excel sheet that contains records I created a macro quot TrustDisbursementPlusSaveAsMay quot to select each section there are sections and then move them into place in Column E there is an example of what the select sort looks like when completed My problem is that the macro exceeds K and I don t know how to make it smaller If anyone can help I would appreciate it Thanks Here s a quot partial quot copy of the macro It s repetitive so I hope this will give you an idea of how it looks works Thanks TrustDisbursementPlusSaveAsMay Macro Macro recorded by enduser Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Sheets Add a Large Help reducing Macro needed Sheets Help needed reducing a Large Macro quot Sheet quot Select Sheets quot Sheet quot Move After Sheets Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Range quot A I quot Select Selection Copy Sheets quot Sheet quot Select ActiveSheet Paste Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Range quot A I quot Select Application CutCopyMode False Selection Copy Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Range quot A quot Select ActiveSheet Paste Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Range quot J N quot Select Application CutCopyMode False Selection Copy Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Range quot E quot Select ActiveSheet Paste Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Range quot O S quot Select Application CutCopyMode False Selection Copy Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Range quot E quot Select ActiveSheet Paste Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Range Help needed reducing a Large Macro quot T X quot Select Application CutCopyMode False Selection Copy Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Range quot E quot Select ActiveSheet Paste Sheets quot Trust Disbursement File quot Select Range quot Y AC quot Select Application CutCopyMode False Selection Copy Sheets quot Sheet quot Select Range quot E quot Select ActiveSheet Paste nbsp

A:Help needed reducing a Large Macro

No macro in the Excel file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-reducing-a-large-macro.714184/
Relevancy 52.03%

In Vista, what happens when you enable password protected file sharing over normal file sharing?

I realize it requires credentials but what is changed on the system to require this?

If I enable just File Sharing (and not the password protected option) and have the share/NTFS permissions set for a user, connecting to the share fails as it never prompts for the username/password.

When you turn on password protected sharing you are prompted then for a username/password. What I want to know is what changes on the system to then prompt for credentials?

Same thing in reverse. If I set the 'require password for sharing' and have the group 'Everyone' in the share and NTFS permissions I am still prompted for credentials if I connect.

Thanks!
Todd

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202096-file-sharing-vs-password-protected-file-sharing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've recently been having problems with hard drive space disappearing to nothing, a problem that seems to revolve around the SysWOW64 folder. I posted a similar issue in the Vista support forum, but after running a scan with gmer, it found many, many .exe files in the SysWOW64 folder labeled as malware. Most of them seem like random character exe files, and occasionally they pop up in the Task Manager as processes, only to disappear next cycle. I figured it would be much safer to show a professional this log before going off and killing all the files.

In addition, I've added my hijackthis log file, in case the problem is somewhere in there. Any help would be appreciated greatly, as I am back down to 2.3 GB of space remaining, still dropping.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/large-rootkit-malware-log-advice-needed-308329.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

I have a wireless network set up in my house and I want to share some of the folders on my computer so that other family members can listen to my music etc. When I click to turn Network Discovery on, and click apply, it just stays off, same goes for File Sharing.
When I try to turn public folder sharing on, after I click apply I get an error message saying "incorrect function". I have shared stuff on my work network so I'm not sure what's wrong here.

Thanks
MrsB

A:Can't turn Network Discovery, File Sharing and Public Folder Sharing on

Make sure your network is designated home or work; NOT public.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-turn-network-discovery-file-sharing-and-public-folder-sharing-on.896468/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Iv'e shared my public files folder on the home network and everything was OK One day all 'Advanced Settings' change isn't [SOLVED] working Sharing sharing and Can't file the computers lost the access to the folder When I got to the setting I saw that 'Public folder sharing' option was of I switch it back to 'On' Saving and nothing Getting back to this dialog box and sees it's still off screenshot Sometimes it's get back to 'On' byitself and still no access to [SOLVED] Can't change 'Advanced Sharing Settings' and file sharing isn't working the folder STRANGE BEHAVIOUR Once I suceeeded accessing and seeing only Videos and Music folders was shown for a moment and then lost access Iv'e checked that all the services are running and they are I'm tried to use System restore No luck Any ideas ADDITIONAL DETAILES OS Windows Network profile on thie computer quot Home network quot I'm using Norton Internet Security firewall eliminating the chance it's the problem I tried disabling it and then trying to access the folders - no luck All the computers connect through TP-LINK router this computer is wired another is wired to and the third is wireless Niether the wired and the wireless can access this computer

A:[SOLVED] Can't change 'Advanced Sharing Settings' and file sharing isn't working

anybody?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f138/solved-cant-change-advanced-sharing-settings-and-file-sharing-isnt-working-618628.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Well where to put this strange problem XP Office or Network Forum All three seem to be involved somehow file clicking share entire network in Right the a sent large a Excel makes being file What gives I have a few large Excel files on a a share on a Win XP SP desktop b a share on a WIn Vista Right clicking a large Excel file in a network share makes the entire file being sent desktop c a share on a Ubuntu desktop When i mean large i mean Mb When i work on my laptop Win Xp SP Gb Ram GHz i can access all shares just fine But when i right click such a large Excel file on the XP or Vista computer and click 'Properties' my laptop becomes unresponsive for about a minute Then at last the properties are shown In the Taskmanager on the LAN tab it shows that my LAN connection is swamped at for a whole minute Sniffing the network traffic learns that the entire contents of the file is being transferred through the network to my laptop Just to see the properties However when i right click the same file on a Ubuntu share the properties come up instantly When i right click other large files on the XP Vista shares like iso of avi files bingo properties pop up instantly When i right click the large Excel files on the Xp Vista share from a Win server without office installed voila properties show up instantly So why is the whole Excel file transferred by just right clicking it for properties I'm convinced this behaviour adds to slow file share performance in general For example if i want to copy such a large excel file form the XP or Vista share it takes - seconds for even the copy transfer progress window with the flying envelopes to come up I bet the file is already being dragged over the network once before copying does it again And why only for Excel e g Office files i'm stumped

A:Right clicking a large Excel file in a network share makes the entire file being sent

sounds to me like your computer doesn't have much ram.

how much ram does your computer have?

Christian Dude

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/right-clicking-a-large-excel-file-in-a-network-share-makes-the-entire-file-being-sent-240104.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a netbook home bit win and a PC bit pro win sharing the same wired hub I want them to be entirely 'un-networked' so that no communication between them is possible I have tried to turn off 'file and printer sharing' on my PC because and printer sharing sharing auto-enabling file and Network i assume i should but when i reboot i find Network sharing and auto-enabling file and printer sharing it turned back on I've seen this problem addressed in this and other forums but no solution that i could comprehend I also have a VMP media player running off the Network sharing and auto-enabling file and printer sharing hub and would like to access video files on my PC from that device but only if that does not compromise access between netbook and PC I should add - in case it's not obvious - that i really don't have much of a clue what i'm doing and am very confused with the myriad options Particularly the 'local' 'home or work' 'public' 'all' and media streaming options whatever they are I'd be grateful if someone could explain and or confirm what radio buttons to tick to achieve what i want to do Many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387954-network-sharing-auto-enabling-file-printer-sharing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys Looking for a bit of help with a storage problem I am currently having Im trying to turn an old PC of mine into a media server and therefore trying to install a couple of GB IDE hard drives to it Because the PC is old a Compaq Deskpro EN P I am pretty sure it only supports -bit LBA So for what I thought was a solution I purchased a PCI IDE Controller Card RAID Controller http www ite com tw product info PC Brief-IT asp and while the RAID BIOS sees the GB drive on startup it doesnt show needed! seeing Problems not large - Controller Help with drives... PCI hard IDE up within XP I tried hooking up an older GB hard drive that I know works with they system and works when hooked Problems with PCI IDE Controller - not seeing large hard drives... Help needed! up to the on board IDE controller and that WAS seen by XP even though the gb wasnt So the questions - Do most PCI IDE controllers have built in -bit LBA support even if the motherboard only supports -bit LBA - Is there a software workaround for this A little research turned up this - Intel Application Accelerator - http www intel com support chipsets iaa - which is supposed to offer -bit support on a -bit Anyone used it Is this likely to fix Problems with PCI IDE Controller - not seeing large hard drives... Help needed! the problem And just to throw another variable in there I am not sure if the drive was formatted correctly as I did it using the -bit system - would this make a difference Any help would be brilliant - I have been tearing my hair out with this one Thanks ALEXIS nbsp

A:Problems with PCI IDE Controller - not seeing large hard drives... Help needed!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-pci-ide-controller-not-seeing-large-hard-drives-help-needed.636527/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a program I wrote in Visual Basic that copies a file from one directory into another directory at a prescribed interval. The Visual Basic programs uses the ShellFileCopy API function
ShellFileCopy Visual Basic 6 API Function
FreeVBCode code snippet: Copy Files Using the Shell API
99% of the time, the program works fine.
However occasionally, I get a Windows error that pop's up that says
"File is too large for the destination file system"
This is extremely baffling as the size of the file that is being copied is under 1MB.

Does anyone have any idea to what would be triggering this error in Windows 7?
Thanks

A:seeking fix for “File is too large for destination file system” erro

Why are you using ShellFileCopy()? I'm asking because I used it in some programs but it was a long time ago. For your purpose can't you just use FileCopy()?

If I remember, I used Shell copy because it provided a progress dialog. If the files are that small that won't come into play. Or is the small file just because you are testing?

Edit:

Ok, I think I may see the problem. The wrapper function uses Strings as source and destination. If you read the MSDN entry for SHFILEOPSTRUCT the source and destination strings must have a double null terminator. If not, the function will just keep reading memory getting the source or destination name until it finds a double zero.

You need to make a string compatible with LPCTSTR type that has a double zero a the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201241-seeking-fix-file-too-large-destination-file-system-erro.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi all .
i want a video sharing site that allows you to download the video in its original state (avi,wmv,mpg) NOT FLV .
i really logged on it once and i cant remember its name .
so i think all of u can help me .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-sharing-site.75551/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ive recently tried to share my secondary drive and noticed that there is no sharing tab in the properties dialogue.
After checking other drives, folders and files i've found that not one has the sharing tab visible.

I'm logged on as the computer administrator, have file and printer sharing installed and enabled, have unchecked "simple file sharing" and have looked all over the internet for a solution short of reinstalling windows.

I cannot understand why it has disappeared from all properties dialogue globally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:File sharing problems. Sharing tab missing globally.

Forgot to mention, I am running Windows XP Pro with Service pack 3 installed and all windows updates are up to date.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-sharing-problems-sharing-tab-missing-globally-365994.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I have a client who would like 2 computers already connected to a router for a shared DSL connection to be able to share files. My problem is this: This is an office and the 2 computers are quite a distance from each other. I am trying to figure out the most cost effective and efficient way to link these two together for enabling file sharing? What kind of cables would I need and what are the steps I should take on each PC to set them up properly? They are both fairly new Dell computers with Windows XP. (I'm thinking Pro edition)

Please help me with this. Detailed steps and information would be much appreciated. My usual method of NIC cards and connecting cables just won't work here. I'm puzzled what the best way would be. Thank you so much in advance for your reply!

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I have a Belkin F5D7632-4 Modem with wireless G router which I am able to access the internet with my laptop absolutely fine.

But I would like to know how to share my printer on my desktop PC and files with my laptop using the router.

I am a beginner at routers and wireless networks and I had a bit of a game at setting it up a few months ago. It would be nice to share the printer between my desktop and laptop as well as other files.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

I also have a network sharing service problem -

Vista displays, occasion (and I havent worked out WHAT occasions yet):

"windows media player network sharing service stopped working and was closed" - followed by some bulls?$t about windows informing me of a solution when it becomes available

This pop up appears relentlessly - about once every 30 seconds, and i can see the system performance hitting 100% CPU for 5 seconds or so each time it does.

I did what is suggested on here - ie disable the service - and it STILL comes up with the eror. Any ideas????

A:"windows media player network sharing service stopped working and was closed"

As an addendum - I think this happens when I'm doing any type of install - e.g. windows update, service pack, etc

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/52453-windows-media-player-network-sharing-service-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I used file scavenger 3.2 to recover hard drive files. I was somewhat sucessfull except
it give errors for files larger than 16 cheracters. Is there a way to recover long
file names with file scavenger 3.2?
I have used several internet downloads to recover my drive and many did not
work. So far file scavenger did the best. Is there some other software that I
might try. PC inspector did not work.
Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-file-scavenger-3-2-to-recover-large-file-names.783113/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I posted svchost error: win32serv problem -0x001a61ae on Oct 24th. I realize that the people are overloaded and volunteers, just wondering how much longer. Thank you in advance for your support. Vivvy.

Meant to say file is locked and not closed.

A:File is closed need to know status

Please be patient as there is a huge backlog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357006/file-is-closed-need-to-know-status/
Relevancy 50.31%

Merry Christmas all,

Does anyone know of a photo/video sharing site with stats? I wanted to use flickr but they don't allow video uploads. If anyone knows of a site I can upload pics and videos to that allow me to see who has viewed them I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 49.88%

hi,
I have a cabble 512 kb network connection.
and i use shareza for downloading at first it was good about 30 - 90kb download speed but now it falls down to at max 15kb but when i tried downloading on http download reaches 150 kb at some even not fast sites i were asking about this problem and also that where I could find some sites like dzportal.com or evilived.com that I could download on rapidshare or other fast http uploaders.
and I should say if there be a problem on server i have access to server for installing app and ....
If there's another question plz ask.

I use note book acer 4001lci for downloading.

A:speed problem & need a good sharing site

filefactory megaupload
filefront rapidfile.fr
just do search and test
you can't go by others experiance ,good luck
ps: that cable speed is slow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-problem-need-a-good-sharing-site.57804/
Relevancy 49.88%

I joined putfile.com, works OK with still pictures.

Tried uploading a short video (mov file).

Seems to upload OK, but when I log out and
back on, it disappears.

Also, when on an internet forum, I've been
trying to get that video to show. I can copy
the url link onto the forum OK. When I then
click on the link, it does take me to putfile.com,
but it does NOT show the video, just a blank
spot on the page where I believe the video is
supposed to show. And it DOES list the title
of the video.

I tried this on both Netscape and on IE.

Don't feel like fighting with it anymore.

There certainly must be a site out there that
actually WORKS!? And preferably NOT only
with IE.

Thanks!

A:What's the best free video upload / sharing site?

Have you tried www.youtube.com ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-free-video-upload-sharing-site.51561/
Relevancy 49.88%

Basically I can get everything to work in my home network just not all at once Let me explain My tower desktop is running XP sp My wireless laptop is running Vista Sp My is hard wired to router My PS is hard wired to router Printer connected to tower via USB I have had no problems setting up my PS and for online gaming and enabling access to my tower amp s HD media files I amp ve also always had internet on my laptop but I really NEED is my laptop to be able to access my tower Here is the crux of the situation When I turn on Windows Media Player amp s amp Media Sharing amp and ps laptop do all show up it shares the media files BUT it kills my laptop internet access Seems I can get internet back on laptop but never back any file sharing with tower and /Printer HELP & Sharing with Media Sharing ! File never access to my printer anymore Right now the status is wireless laptop DOES have internet and access to all files on Tower and Ps have internet access but not MEDIA access because I have to keep that off What the am I doing wrong Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:HELP with Media Sharing & File /Printer Sharing !

ever thought of using remote access to log onto the tower for internet use and using the ps3 or xbox as storage givin that they a hard wired in yes i have used vista as a media/server as well and know that you cant connect remotly to vista from xp but there a tools tomake this able

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-media-sharing-file-printer-sharing.702788/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have been going crazy trying to get my PC to share files with a couple of laptops I am running Windows Bit and the laptops are running Windows bit and Windows XP I have enabled file sharing but The Windows Laptop keeps giving me an unknown error when trying to join a home group after I have typed in the password from my PC The XP Laptop doesn't even find my PC on the network Files sharing worked fine using my old router but I have just updated to a Virgin Media Super Hub and think it's either something to do with Anti-Virus Software blocking Sharing Homegroup and Sharing Problem File connections or the security setup of my Virgin Super Hub Jimmy PC is the laptop I am trying to share with as you can see from the picture Are the gaps in the connection of any significance to my issue I can share my internet connection with it with no issues but I can't share files Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris

A:File Sharing and Homegroup Sharing Problem

Hi chrisino, when you've read this link, post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157360-file-sharing-homegroup-sharing-problem.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I found a post on this forum with a similar problem. I'm trying to move a file that is larger than 4GB in size from my main hard drive to an external, and getting the error message in the title. The consensus on the other post was that the hard drive must have been a FAT format, and that too fix the problem either split up the file or reformat the hard drive as NTFS. Well, by all accounts, my computer is telling me that my external hard drive is ALREADY formatted as NTFS, but I'm still getting this error. I would prefer not to split up the file, but other than that, what are my options? I would appreciate any advice.

A:File Too Large for Destination File System

If you do not need to access the data in the large file when it is on the external drive, can you compress the file using one of the many free Zip utilities? Also, some free backup programs will compress when saving files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-too-large-for-destination-file-system.1042997/
Relevancy 49.45%

TRYING TO MOVE data from a DVD to my hard drive. When I try and copy the files, or any file for that matter that is a large file( over 1 GIG), I get this error when it begins copying:

DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDACY CHECK

It begins copying the file, but stops about a third into the copy process. I am using WINDOWS EXPLORER to move the files.I tried renaming file, but that did not work either, I thought maybe it had something to do with how the file was named. Any thoughts, ideas, explanations...appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-error-when-copying-large-file-in-xp.273462/
Relevancy 49.45%

Almost everytime I start up Outlook 2003 it produces the following message: "The data file Personal Folders was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."

Outlook than spends a couple of minutes checking the file. It always passes the check, but OL will not complete loading and reading new messages until this check is done. I have recently deleted a bunch of messages and then compacted the file, and this did not eliminate the problem.

I am running Win XP Pro with MS Office Pro 2003 on an AMD Athlon 64 3500+. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Relevancy 49.45%

I get the following message every time I open outlook.

A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while check is in progress.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105470/data-file-closed-the-wrong-way-in-outlook/
Relevancy 49.45%

Can the download be restarted and picked up from the same point? Or do I have to start alll over again?

I was using the save (not run) in the download. And there is an exe file on my desktop. (incomplete, I assume)

any way to do this?

(I was dowloading the Battle for Middle Earth Demo, in case you were wondering)

thanks

A:Help! I was downloading a BIG exe file and my wife closed my laptop!

If you were using Internet Explorer, then you might be able to resume, but I doubt it. If you were using Opera there is the option to resume transfer. I'd look into something like that.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-was-downloading-a-big-exe-file-and-my-wife-closed-my-laptop.43867/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ve been using Axcrypt for years without any issues until I tried using it with Windows When I double-click an encrypted file and get the Axcrypt window asking for my passphrase I check both boxes to retain the passphrase for reuse during the session If I then close the file and later try to reopen it Axcrypt is open a axcrpyt still file thinks closed is supposed to just open the file for me Instead Axcrypt gives me a messagebox quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process You or someone else have it open already Do you want to try opening the file as read-only instead quot But the file is closed The only way I can reopen the file is axcrpyt thinks a closed file still is open to go into Task Manager kill Axcrypt and then double-click the file This restarts Axcrypt and asks me for my passphrase again before reopening the file It s a real pain if this a file I need periodically all day BTW I have no problem with non-Axcrypt files Has anyone else seen this issue and do you know how to correct it Thanks all

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442071/axcrpyt-thinks-a-closed-file-still-is-open/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,I get the following message every time I log on to my computer:TODO: <File description> stopped working and was closedA problem caused the application to stop working correctly.Windows will notify you if a solution is available.Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?Thank you, Tony

A:TODO: <File description> stopped working and was closed

Depends on what it is. WHat are you doing when this occurs? Is it a game.Check here and see if any of what they say helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241938/todo-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 48.59%

I need recommendations on a reliable P4 board that supports ECC memory.

To be clear, reliability is the only important factor so I prefer to hear from people who have actually used these boards over a period of time.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

Any idea how to write Batch File .bat to copy file from File Sharing & FTP Hosting to local directory.

Current the File Sharing & FTP Hosting is SMARTFILE.

I don't want to use WINSCP as the connector.

Thanks

A:Batch File .bat to copy file from File Sharing & FTP Hosting

Hi Chacha,

Give this batch file a try. All text in red, you should adjust before running.

Code:
@echo off
(
echo.Username
echo.Password
echo.lcd C:\Some\local\directory
echo.cd /Some/server/path
echo.binary
echo.get Some_file_to_download.txt
echo.bye
) > "%TEMP%\_%~n0.ftp"
ftp -s:"%TEMP%\_%~n0.ftp" "12.34.56.78"
del "%TEMP%\_%~n0.ftp"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361588-batch-file-bat-copy-file-file-sharing-ftp-hosting.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I continuously get the above message when I open up Outlook. It takes forever to open the program. I've done scanpst.exe and I think it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Can you help and tell me what to do?

When I close the program, I delete all the items, hit close all items and then exit. I have no idea what is going on. I guess there may be some errors in there but I can't fix it using scanpst.exe

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:Outlook PST - 'data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-pst-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.850967/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was hoping the I T experts on here could help me out I just received this email with the subject line quot Your PayPal account will be Closed quot I ve now realized it was a scam fake attempt but this Needed: Help be account Serious "Your !" will PayPal Closed is what makes me worried I accidentally clicked on a clickable link inside the body of the email with the text quot Your PayPal Has Been Closed quot However I closed the new tab it Serious Help Needed: "Your PayPal account will be Closed !" opened before it finished loading but I m worried that my security has been breached I m using Windows Windows Defender and Firefox It says this in Serious Help Needed: "Your PayPal account will be Closed !" the body of the email quot Your PayPal Has Been Closed Some information on your account appears to be missing or incorrect Please update your information promptly so that you can continue to enjoy all the Serious Help Needed: "Your PayPal account will be Closed !" benefits of your paypal account If you don t update your information within hours we will limit it quot Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-help-needed-your-paypal-account-will-be-closed.1165491/
Relevancy 48.16%

I need to preface this with the following I m a total html noob Anyway I have a little site that I put up for fun It s my first foray into web site construction I m now having a problem with spammers They have hijacked my quot contact me quot page and are using me for a spam server I have a mailto link that is hidden from the bots with a java mod lt script language javascript gt lt -- var contact quot The text you want displayed as the link quot var email quot NameOfYourEmailAccount quot var emailHost quot YourEmailDomainName com quot document write quot lt a href quot quot mail quot quot to quot email quot quot emailHost quot gt quot For Spam Site My Needed Robots Help contact quot lt Spam Robots Help Needed For My Site a gt quot quot quot -- gt lt script gt Here is the problem I have run up against Since the site is hosted by YAHOO I use their servers They forward my contact me and guest book pages to my address The html can t be modified Spam Robots Help Needed For My Site or the messages won t get forwarded At least that is how it appears to me Remember the noob part The code that they provide looks like this lt -- begin html -- gt lt form method post action quot http us p webhosting yahoo com forms login my E-mail address here quot gt The spam is always the same ad for the same product The only thing different is it is being redirected through a different domain name Spam Robots Help Needed For My Site every day I get spammed about or times a day There s no reason for them to do that so they must be piggybacking BCC addresses or something and the YAHOO servers are forwarding the mail for them Is there any way I can rewrite this to hide my e-mail address Here is a link to my Contact page if you want to look at the source code YAHOO and SBC are being totally worthless in helping me with this I have filed complaints with the FTC and some others and the domains are all registered to the same person with no last name and a bad address and I m sure the site is probably offshore It has no contact info on the site only the order form for the credit card info to buy their weight loss product Hoobia If anyone can offer any help or direct me somewhere I d appreciate it I have tried doing searches but all the fixes I ve found seem to need to be applied at the server which doesn t help me nbsp

A:Spam Robots Help Needed For My Site

Just going to your webpage initiates an obnoxious download of something 115...
That would put me off forever to get NEAR that site again.
Anyway, that's beside the point.

Having your private email-address on a public webpage, for anyone to see, is not a very good idea. Even if you change email-address, it will still be displayed there, and the likes of Yahoo and Google get regularly 'trawled' for email-addresses.
That login-email-address needs to be made unusable for Joe Public.
And you should get a new sbc... email address anyway, the current one is 'blown'!

Have a read of this page, it's about Matt's Formmail, probably the most used email-form in the world.
http://www.scriptarchive.com/readme/formmail.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spam-robots-help-needed-for-my-site.30047/
Relevancy 48.16%

does anyone have any recommendations for
a web site statistics software (free one)?

someone replied with one in a post to me but
i searched and searched and could not find the
post.

btw,for whatever reason,my free web site stop-
ped recording people who visited,etc.

A:web site statistics software needed

http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

http://www.boldtrack.com/?rc=ppc-g-vm-ws

http://www.tdstats.com/?ref=google

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-site-statistics-software-needed.296422/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a website I am adding a shopping cart to (Zencart) . The store will be for dealers only so I would like to have a login page that would require them to login prior to being linked to store. I, after they have registered with me would give them there login/password to use for access. I will need to access the script so I can add additional user/pw to script. The store is in php and main site is css.
Any help appreciated.
Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/needed-script-for-login-to-site.802389/
Relevancy 48.16%

being that you guys help me with my comp. needs i figure i would ask.do you know of a good site that can help me fix my xbox.i have 2 orig. consoles. 1 when it powers up the green light turns to red. and the other when it powers up there is a japanese message that of course i cannot read.thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/orig-xbox-help-site-needed.613551/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have had my first experience with nasty spyware When trying to go to Block site,,,,Help Spyware Needed MSN www msn com ie was hijacked by www scanthenet com except that when it went to this site it would still show www msn com in the address line Anytime I tried to type www msn com it would show msn in the address but would always show scan the net From a recommendation from a couple of guys I downloaded adaware and it stopped scan the net from coming up but now I just get a page not found when trying to go to www msn com----next I was advised by someone to download hijackthis and post the information found for you guys to help out with so here it is and thanks in advance if someone can Spyware Block MSN site,,,,Help Needed tell me what to do Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Spyware Block MSN site,,,,Help Needed C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISSERV EXE C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall SymProxySvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall IAMAPP EXE C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Corel WordPerfect Office Register Remind exe C Program Files E-Color Common IconMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files E-Color E-Color Indicator TICIcon exe C Program Files KODAK Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files KODAK KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C Program Files QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Common Files Skyscape smARTupdate exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts search msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts www msn com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NVCLOCK Rundll nvclock dll fnNvclock O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run iamapp C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall IAMAPP EXE O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run LifeScape Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run lgfzdfe quot C WINDOWS System lgfzdfe exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,

I want to set up a wireless home network where I can share my internet connection, printer, and also share files among computers.
For the past year, I have been using a dlink wireless router to share my dsl connection. The set-up is currently as follows: modem to router and from the router one pc is connected with wires and three laptops are connected wirelessly. This has been fine to share the internet, but I don't know how to share the printer connected to the pc.
I would really appreciate anyones help.

Thanks

A:printer sharing/file sharing

You didn't say what operating system(s) you use, so I guess I get to choose.

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro or Vista.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders (or drives) or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-sharing-file-sharing.602819/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have a 766 meg file, and i want to fit it on a CD-R (700mb) any ideas how?

A:Help w/ Large File

Welcome to TSG.

You could try zipping the file first to compress it. WinZip is the standard app for this, if you don't already have it on your system you can download it from here:

www.zdnet.com/downloads/

Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-w-large-file.72966/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i have dictated a file onto a MP3 player and i have tried to burn the file onto a cd, but it's coming up saying the file is to large.The file being 1hour17mins long.

I'm using windows media player to do the burning.

Has anyone got any ideas how to get the file onto a cd?

Graham

Relevancy 47.73%

My .pst file is 7G, entirely too big. I have created additional .pst folders. What is the best way to move my larger mailboes into the new .pst file? When I right click the mailbox it seems to take for ever to let me move the mailbox to the new folder. Is there a better way?

A:.pst File Too Large

Not knowing what mail client you use. I'll share this and maybe it will work for you. It's directed at Outlook 2007 users. But might work for other MS products.See this MS KB article: You may experience performance problems when you are working with items in a large .pst file or in a large .ost file in Outlook 2007Specifically look at the section titled Method 3: Split your large .pst file into several smaller .pst files.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257614/pst-file-too-large/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

Ive got a file that is approximately 7.42GB that i want to copy for one computer to another, i plugged in my protable HD and tried copying across and it says "File Too Large"

I have over 100GB of space on the HD so why would it say its too big? It doesnt mean its too big to transfer via USB does it?

Thanks

Matt

Relevancy 47.73%

I recently purchased a PDF converter and have converted a document that was a 1208 page catalog. This was a huge document, but according to the converter program, it was completed correctly. When I open word, I am showing this file, and it is 239 MB. When I try to open this file, this is the message I am getting:
"The disk is full. Free some space on this drive, or save the document on another disk. Try one of the following: close any uneeded documents, programs or windows. Save the document on another disk"

The document is saved on the hard drive and I have tried to close all programs out before opening it.

Does anyone have another other potential solutions???

Thanks for your help!!!
CAC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-too-large-368598.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am a daily visitor to a Cannot access a needed?) site forum (advice forum site and have been for at least two years Yesterday I clicked on my bookmark for the site and got some kind of a search screen with the following message on it see below Because I am at present Cannot access a forum site (advice needed?) suspicious of it and until I find out what it means I haven't clicked on the Click Here in the link I did a check on the Is It Down Right Now website and apparently the site up and appears to be only down for me I also cannot find any mention of them having problems online It is the only one of my bookmarked links affected in this way so thinking it may be malicious I scanned with SAS and Malwarebytes which both came up clean I use Comodo CIS and also did an AV scan which was also clean I have done a google search for the site in question but get the same message page on every link Can anyone tell me what this is and how to solve it that I may visit one of my favorite sites again This domain name expired on Dec PMClick here to renew it

A:Cannot access a forum site (advice needed?)

Without knowing the original site URL we can't compare it to the information in the link about the domain being expired. At this point you have more information than we do, for validation purposes.If you want to verify if the site registration has actually expired, check here: http://whois.net/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493869/cannot-access-a-forum-site-advice-needed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All
I have had an issue recently whereby my IE has been hijacked by an adware site. The site URL is:

http://adserver.adreactor.com/servle...ohn-the-one%2F

My homepage is set to Google.co.uk but this is being ignored when logging into IE.

I have tried disabling IE under Windows 8 and then re-enabling it. This appeared to resolve the issue the first time I logged back in. However when I logged back in for the second time it re-appeared. I have tried searching the whole drive for indications of this url but can find nothing. Any help would be appreciated in removing it completely.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.

Tony

A:IE10 Hijacked by Adware site - Help Needed

Hello Tony, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if completely resetting IE may be able to help.

Internet Explorer - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/31003-ie10-hijacked-adware-site-help-needed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok Guys, Here We Go...

I have a laptop running Vista Ultimate and a desktop running XP Pro. My laptop connects to the Internet through a wireless network and I want to share that connection with my XP desktop. How do I do that? I do already have an Ethernet cable...

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys, I have a small nas set up for media sharing between 3 Windows machines & so far Its been working fine for its intended use.

Would setting up or enabling "homegroups" between these systems give me any other benefits? Forgive me if its a stupid question, Im still trying to learn as much as I can with the OS and have never really tinkered and grasped the homegroups function.

A:Homeproups needed if already using a Nas for sharing?

Quote: Originally Posted by kymira

Hi guys, I have a small nas set up for media sharing between 3 Windows machines & so far Its been working fine for its intended use.

Would setting up or enabling "homegroups" between these systems give me any other benefits? Forgive me if its a stupid question, Im still trying to learn as much as I can with the OS and have never really tinkered and grasped the homegroups function.

That is actually a good question.

Homegroup won't help directly with the NAS but if you wanted more selective user sharing then setting up a Homegroup can really help.

As it is with the Homegroup, any shared files are accessable to everyone in the Homegroup. This is fine for some things but if you wanted to keep certain machines or users from accessing all shared folders then leaving those machines out of the Homegroup would give you more options for selective sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288012-homeproups-needed-if-already-using-nas-sharing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I found two articles here on VPN and on folders sharing and stepped through help - or someone? sharing need needed maybe hire / to I VPN them exactly several times now to get a VPN set up between an office computer and a remote laptop Both are Windows machines I am able to connect into the office computer I cannot get a mapped drive to work This is for my boss and I'm at the point VPN / sharing help needed - or maybe I need to hire someone? where I may need to advise him to hire a network specialist based on what you guys can tell me I tried everything including turning off antivirus and firewall utilities on both machines The router is forwarding both and GRE on the office machine network Here is what ipconfig looks like on the remote computer when the PPP connection is made into the office computer Code PPP adapter Mike-Server Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Mike-Server Physical Address DHCP Enabled No VPN / sharing help needed - or maybe I need to hire someone? Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled When I check the connection properties on the remote machine this is what it looks like I have a folder set up on the office machine called quot test quot with a sharename of quot test quot and all the required permissions are correctly set up I have a remote connection set up thus enabling the VPN using the username quot remote quot on the office machine Like I said the VPN connection is working I can get connected I am never able to map a network drive using the typical mike-server test syntax Once I got as far as it putting up a password dialog when I used IP addres like this test -- but the username it wanted me to authenticate was quot chris remote quot -- which is putting the hostname of my laptop in there There is no user on the office machine called quot chris remote quot and I wouldn't even know how to create one There is a user called quot mike-server remote quot however So my questions Looking at the ipconfig and the connection status picture above does that look right to you It looks odd to me What am I missing I have spend now hours on this trying the simple task of getting a Windows computer on one side of my town to connect to a Windows computer on the other side of town at my office and establish a simple mapped drive I'm not a total noob here have done this many times under XP and Linux On Linux I had to bridge the adapters and used a private x x x network -- which I don't see how to do under Windows Any help you can give me would be immensely appreciated Like I said if I can't solve this I have to tell my boss to hire someone else which is not a great thing to have to tell him

A:VPN / sharing help needed - or maybe I need to hire someone?

This issue is talked about over at the TechNet forums but it seems that the fix is different depending on a few factors.

The links to other similar threads are on the right in the links, there seems to be many different ways to accomplish this and it looks to be a fairly common problem.

Drive mappings and VPN Question for Windows 7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...b-2d99b9d31109

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272354-vpn-sharing-help-needed-maybe-i-need-hire-someone.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi There I got PCs A Desktop PC Windows Professional -bit B Media PC connected to TV Windows Professional -bit I'm trying to share <-> Problem sharing large files Win7) (Win7 the files on my Dektop PC so i can access them from the Media PC As it is a Media PC i'm sharing videos I enabled sharing on the Folders with the Files in it There Problem sharing large files (Win7 <-> Win7) is no problem accessing the shared folders from the Media PC I can properly browse through the folder structer and i'm able to see the files I can also copy small files created a txt Files without problems But if Problem sharing large files (Win7 <-> Win7) i'm trying to open or copy a video file approx MB nothing happens The quot copy window quot says Speed bytes s for a while and then an error message saying quot There was a problem accessing the file quot There is also another issue that is maybe connected to this one I'm running a http based media server on my Desktop pc to stream videos to my popcornhour streaming box Since i tried to share the folders i'm not able to stream videos anymore but i can browse through all my media files via http interface Hope someone can help me Cheers

A:Problem sharing large files (Win7 <-> Win7)

There could be a few problmes. Your host computer could not be fast enough (not a good enough processor/not enough ram)
The recieveing computer may not be fast enough either.
Also, there could be a problem becuase the router can't handle it.

Let us know,
Ben

Quote: Originally Posted by robert0

Hi There,
I got 2 PCs...
A: Desktop PC, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

B: Media PC (connected to TV), Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

I'm trying to share the files on my Dektop PC so i can access them from the Media PC. As it is a Media PC i'm sharing videos. I enabled sharing on the Folders with the Files in it.
There is no problem accessing the shared folders from the Media PC, I can properly browse through the folder structer and i'm able to see the files. I can also copy small files (created a .txt Files) without problems. But if i'm trying to open or copy a video file (approx. 250MB) nothing happens. The "copy window" says Speed: 0 bytes/s for a while and then an error message saying "There was a problem accessing the file".

There is also another issue that is maybe connected to this one. I'm running a http based media server on my Desktop pc to stream videos to my popcornhour (streaming box). Since i tried to share the folders i'm not able to stream videos anymore... but i can browse through all my media files via http interface.

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70865-problem-sharing-large-files-win7-win7.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello To start off the computer in question is running Windows XP and Microsoft office I am in the process of resolving this issue as stated in the title that the user did not come across until recently when Outlook had locked up on him and he was forced to improperly close it down The problem im coming across is that everytime he starts outlook it takes the system around minutes just to analyze the data file all the while not being able to do anything at all in Outlook The long loadup time I understand because he has an amazing emails The problem arises after the check is finally completed Outlook opens and as soon as I attempt to erase files immediately he begins receiving the emails that he has missed out on for the past week which is around MB This in turn data properly Outlook 'Personal file Folder' 2007 not was - closed Solved: causes Outlook to lockup for some unknown reason and became a vicious cycle We then opened up outlook in safe mode and deleted about emails then reopened outlook and managed to receive a few days of missed emails During this process it locked up again and Solved: Outlook 2007 - data file 'Personal Folder' was not closed properly we are back at step one and waiting for it to analyze the data file which is actually taking longer than previously stated when the file was much larger Any suggestions would be great I ve done a lot of searching around and couldn t find an answer I found sufficient to my own personal problem I have always had success asking you guys here so thanks ahead of time for anything that you can contribute Tyler nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 - data file 'Personal Folder' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-data-file-personal-folder-was-not-closed-properly.1019706/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a simple one page Word (97) document. Small amount of text etc etc. The size of that file was about 25kb.

I imported a picture file (jpg) into the Word document and now the file size of the Word doc went up to 2.5mb. Sheesh why did it do that??

Now before all you wise and knowledable experts tell me that the size of my jpg must have been way large...well it wasnt!

The actual file size of the jpg was only about 350kb. So im not sure what is making my Word doc sooooooo big.

Thanks for your help folks

A:LARGE Word File

When you insert a picture, Word also holds the info about it--called metadata.

Try cutting the picture, then hit Edit-Paste special-As a picture. That usually helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-word-file.106687/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am having trouble moving 5+ GB avi files from my internal hard drive into an external hard drive. (XP home) Is there a trick to moving files this large? One of the files is 12 GB. Thanks for any help!!

A:Need To Move Large Avi File

The destination drive/partition must be an NTFS one since FAT32 cannot handle files above 2Gb. So first check what file system your destination drive is using.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114030/need-to-move-large-avi-file/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to copy a large file (3.2gb) from a DVD I burned. Its a backup file I made of Half-Life 2 using Steam's built in backup utility. I tried running the backup .exe from the DVD but that didn't work. So I copied and pasted the file onto my hard drive. It gets about 60% of the way through and freezes. I tried it twice with no other programs running and got the same result.

Is there a program I could get or some method I could try to get the file copied onto my hard drive?

(btw this is not an illegal backup/copy. the backup utility is made and provided by the game developer)

A:Coping Large File from a DVD

I'd contact the game supplier and ask them if there's something you're missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coping-large-file-from-a-dvd.311949/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a 13Gb image backup which I would like to copy to DVD.
Is there a utility which will split this file (and recombine it) into DVD size chunks which I can then copy to disk? Or a DVD burning utility which will do this automatically?
Hopefully freeware!

A:Backing up large file to DVD

Does your imaging program allow DVDs as output devices. If no, you can't do it. DVDs are generally no good for imaging. Use an extenal disk instead.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257880-backing-up-large-file-dvd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, New here, a Gigantic 205.6 GB file has entirely filled my hard drive. The name of it is EVREM it will not let me open or delete it. Any suggestions???
Thanks,
Vicki

A:Large Mystery File

welcome!!!

whats the file type?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-mystery-file.624088/