Windows Support Forum

Files I know are there...but aren't there

Q: Files I know are there...but aren't there

I have a program where it makes files but the files are not being shown in the folder. I know for a fact that they are being made in the folder but they are missing and have a lock icon over the actual icon.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Files I know are there...but aren't there

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Files I know are there...but aren't there

Try running this program as the administrator then making the folders.
BTW, what program is it anyway?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/56354-files-i-know-there-but-arent-there.html
Relevancy 52.89%

so out of blue Open Program With window pops up i click something and now ALL programs instead of opening give me Acrobat Reader error messages gt gt first thought lets just go to the properties but there's no option to change what opens what anymore that's gotta be a virus i go to opening aren't files .exe my antivirus and its error Acrobat cannot open this bitdefender exe oh kay i cut the internet connection and boot it in safe mode same deal all exes are only tackled by Acrobat maybe .exe files aren't opening there's some weird process running i think ohh that's right task manager is also an executable same goes for cmd found bunch of articles suggesting this ultra-removal-tool and that malware-fixer-upper they all forget that no exe opens changing them to com does not execute them either finally figured out to boot pc safe with cmd prompt to try http windowsxp mvps org exefile htm but i didn't need to change anything in the values the were correct .exe files aren't opening tried to overwrite the regedit file with the correct one from my other pc but did not have TrustedInstaller permission to do that nor could i modify to get it anyway in short something happened to the exe associations im tired of this puzzle help out a newbie its w dell precission and i had updated bitdefender aaand i might even know how i got this gt lt http thepiratebay se torrent Plague Inc Evolved v -click run wanted to see whether its worth of the money like i always do sigh of course back .exe files aren't opening then there were no warning comments either gt gt and yes yes i probably deserve it and i likely learned the lesson now D

A:.exe files aren't opening

whew, migth have panicked a little too early. .reg files were still functioning right. that set whatever has been wrong straight:
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/123734d1292473157-default-file-type-associations-restore-default_exe.reg

thanks to whoever migth have wanted to halp <3 antivirus is scanning but isn't really finding anything. might still come back to panic some more if it repeats :D keep up the good work ;]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541628/exe-files-arent-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier Version: 10.0.593.0, and each time I run "Analyze" on my Local C: Drive, I come up with a quantity of fragmented and excess fragmented files (such as 600 fragmented files and 4000 excess fragmented files). Everytime I run it now through defragmentation, the fragmented files lowers from x amount to about 30 to 100. The excess fragmented files lowers from x amount to about 1000-2000. I don't understand why the fragmented/excess fragmented files are still there even after defragmentation. When I defragmented before, it say "now you have 99% fewer fragmented files.." etc, but now, its a mere "now you have 30% fewer fragmented files" or some low quantity. I think it might have something to do with my harddrive space, as I only have 27% free space (with total size of 40GB and free space of 9.40 GB).

Any suggestions or comments will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 51.6%

Most GIF files save properly from Firefox or IE and are opened without a problem with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (I'm using WinXP). However, some GIFs don't save or aren't opened properly. For example, I save this file here ( http://macrochan.org/view.php?u=7LRQONLLQFMAAMENXWTEDJNLOOXYAUFE ), and the image viewing stops once the shoe hits the ground after hitting the bear's head. This happened on one of my other WinXP computers, as well.

What's the cause of this? A bad GIF file, a problem with Microsoft's products (again), or is it just not saving properly? My only guess is that the GIF is too long for the picture viewer and it slows down.

(Another example is an image that was this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_usb_0QYUB...SdN0zi2U/s1600/penguin_animated_push_over.gif, but it was from a different source (this example file works fine, but another did not).)

A:GIF files aren't saved/opened properly

Welcome to the TSG Forum.
Not sure what's wrong with WP&F viewer .. It works OK for me in everything except WP&F.
I'd suggest to use Irfanview instead .. (It's my default Viewer and Editor)
Seems to work OK after I removed the white line in frame 39 (the last frame) and re-saved it using Photoshop.
I couldn't find anything else wrong with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gif-files-arent-saved-opened-properly.998296/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have tried to open even viewer and command prompt neither one will open. I have tried in safe mode as well as in normal mode. If I am in normal mode for a little bit, the computer blue screens. I have tried to run other programs such as rkill and get errors that state environment could not be loaded. I am new to this whole forum and have looked at other topics, but do not want to follow those instructions due the idea that it may not pertain to this issue. 
Anyone have any ideas?

A:Windows 7 system Files aren't opening

How are you trying to access the Event Viewer and the Command Prompt, via the Search programs and files box?

If this is what you are doing, what happens when you type in the information in the Search box?

Have you used a registry cleaner?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515259/windows-7-system-files-arent-opening/
Relevancy 51.6%

Trying to get a program FREEPDFXP to work the other day I arrived at point viewing the procedure below It came from a Eudora Help page My question however has to do not with getting FREEPDFXP working but with the reasons behind the instructions in the Help file Re Step If you rename those files how is whichever program that might need them going to find them Also re Step how does renaming a aren't when Renaming things working Files file correct a problem I ve run into this more than once I wish I could specify a particular problem where the solution says quot rename a file quot but I don t have one at the moment -------------------------------------- MAPI is not working Document ID HQ ISSUE MAPI doesn t Renaming Files when things aren't working work I can t install MAPI when I double click on the Renaming Files when things aren't working icon nothing happens If I set Eudora s MAPI options to always nothing happens SOLUTION You may have a few corrupt MAPI files on your computer Your best option is to rename the Windows MAPI dll files NOTE You might need to reinstall any programs you have that are currently using MAPI as Renaming Files when things aren't working well The first thing you need to do is close down all applications Search your hard drive for the following files and rename them mapi dll mapi dll Restart your computer Search your hard drive for the file swmapi exe Double click to install it Open Eudora go to Tools Options MAPI Set quot Use Eudora MAPI server Always quot Reinstall EIS and perform a HotSync NOTE If you cannot see your HotSync Conduit you will need to do the following Close all open windows search your hard drive for the file called win ini Open it and add the following lines MAIL mapi mapix Restart your computer and perform a HotSync again nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My little brother was trying to download questhelper for world of warcraft and for some odd reason he clicked on Open with- Internet explorer. Now everytime he tries to download sometime IE starts popping up and closing out over & over again in a seizure like way. He has Window's Vista and I have no clue how to help him fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Downloaded files aren't opening correctly

Use 'System Restore'.

Type Restore into the Start menu search box.

If this problem happened a day or so ago, check the box 'Choose a different restore point'. Choose the most recent date prior to the problem.
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-files-arent-opening-correctly.820414/
Relevancy 51.6%

This one's got me stumped.. I like to have my Firefox downloads folder on my Win7 PC shared to my other PC, which is running XP. I have the folder shared to "myusername; Homegroup; Everyone". I can't seem to figure out why new files that show up in this folder are still not visible to the XP box, and I have to manually share each file in this folder. The icons for new files all have the little padlock overlay.

Thanks for any insight!

A:Newly downloaded files aren't shared

Ok, I tried setting "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments" to "Enabled" within the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), but it didn't fix it. I don't have the same problem when I download a given file with IE, so it seems to be specific to Firefox. I guess I'll try posting at a Firefox forum, but I'll keep checking back here in case someone can point me in the right direction!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11203-newly-downloaded-files-arent-shared.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Suddenly, I cannot open an: .rtf Microsoft Word document file.

It is an incoming file from a trusted source.

I can download the file, see the corresponding file images, then when I
click on an image, I get a message from Micosoft Word (with the yellow
triangle enclosing an exclamation point) which says: The server application,
source file or item cannot be found. Make sure the application is properly
installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed.

Please help me open this file, it is a work-related file, and I've tried so
many times already.

Thanking you in advance.

A:.rtf Microsoft Word document files aren't opened

Was Office loaded on that machine at work?
If so it is my guess that one of two things is happening.

1) The Office dll that displays pictures is resident on the work network and is only loaded when it is needed - thus displaying that message.

2) A similar thing with the document that just the link (and thumbnail) to the pictures were included in the document. The actual pictures are still on the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rtf-microsoft-word-document-files-arent-opened.1133379/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Virus I think or something else My CPU runs Norton Anti-Virus and does a full scan once a week Recently these showed up download straight html download straight html download straight html prompt php topdial htm I can t delete them or quarantine them They are reported to be in an IE Contents folder in my temp folder but I don t have any content folders and my settings are to view all hidden and system files I have also done a search for all of them individually with the machine...antivirus there? finding that aren't in files Ghosts no luck Are they hiding somewhere else or is this a mistake with Norton I then ran Ad Aware SB S amp D and HT to get rid of some stuff I could recognize I restarted the computer It took minutes to reboot I started IE and it took over minutes Ghosts in the machine...antivirus finding files that aren't there? to come up I tried to open Norton and that also took an excrutiating amount of time Once things open they seem to work but very sluggishly At one point I was cutting and pasting some text from email to Microsoft Word and it took over minute for the paste to take effect I remember reading once that this delay was sign of a virus but I don t remember which one nor if I did would I know what to do about it I just downloaded and ran the latest CWS nothing deleted SB S amp D keeps removing the same exploits ran it four times and Ad Aware which found six files in my java folders and some other stuff the older version of AA didn t find Removed them all Below is my HT But I don t think I ve been highjacked I think I have a virus Also very curious about the five files Norton is finding that don t really seem to be there Thanks for your help Jarkeld ia Afraid to restart the computer in case it gets worse Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C PROGRA NORTON navw exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Josh s Stuff Computer Issues Spyware Stuff Lavasoft Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com old R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com O - BHO Ghosts Popup-Killer - - - - - e af - C Program Files Ghosts popup dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar -Popup - - - - - e af - C Program Files Ghosts popup dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run NeroFil... Read more

A:Ghosts in the machine...antivirus finding files that aren't there?

Can anyone tell me what they think about restarting the machine? Could that aggrevate the problem?

J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ghosts-in-the-machine-antivirus-finding-files-that-arent-there.298099/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have reformated my hard drive and am attempting to replace saved .dbx files to outlook express. Unable to recognize them. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] .dbx files aren't recognized in outlook express

Welcome to TSF....

The dbx files have to be imported into outlook express so if you just copy the directory to your hard drive that they are in and use the import function on the file menu you should be alright, jsut copying the dbx files into outlook will not work because they are not getting registered by outlook express.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dbx-files-arent-recognized-in-outlook-express-242265.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So this is something I've absolutely never come across and a relatively new problem as of this month It will not occur on a fresh restart only after the system has been running for a few days I can't even describe it well enough for aren't being or maybe? copied Files saved Windows Explorer, a Google search to give me a proper result For example I take an SD card out of my camera and into my computer I open up the source and destination folders and drag-move the files from the SD card to the computer The system runs the move dialogue may take a minute depending Windows Explorer, maybe? Files aren't being saved or copied on size the Windows Explorer, maybe? Files aren't being saved or copied source file is deleted the destination file shows up in the folder all fine and dandy successful Windows Explorer, maybe? Files aren't being saved or copied move If I try to open the moved picture error can't recall the error but basically the file can't be read I refresh the folder file is gone I go back to the source file is also gone I run recovery software on the destination the file was never ever there to begin with It's like it pretended to copy the file but didn't actually write any information to the disk Example I'm in Firefox I see an image I want to save to my computer Save As it downloads it shows up in the downloaded tab I browse to the folder in Windows Explorer file isn't there I try to save the image again Firefox prompts me that the file already exists Using Firefox's Save As dialogue I attempt to open the file Gives me the same error something like File cannot be read I've attempted to shut down restart Comodo Firewall and Bitdefender AV Doesn't solve the problem Log off log back onto Windows Doesn't solve the problem Only after a full system restart is the problem resolved All hard drives are healthy and it doesn't appear to be tied to any particular source destination combo even a thumb drive I'm not sure where to even begin to diagnose this problem but I'm guessing that it lies in explorer exe If it was a hardware problem shot in the dark maybe a bad memory stick I'm only thinking this because it takes a few days of the computer being on for the problem to start and it can only be solved by a full system restart Unfortunately I have lost a few important files so far because of this I copy a file go back to using my SD card and suddenly I don't have the copy and the original has been overwritten beyond recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391803-windows-explorer-maybe-files-arent-being-saved-copied.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Powerpoint with all updates applied through a WSUS server Several slideshows that previously were working are now giving the error quot PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text images or objects on slides in the file quot myfile ppt quot because they have become corrupted Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover the lost information To ensure that the file can 2003 files that corrupt corrupted Powerpoint reporting AREN'T be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint Powerpoint 2003 reporting corrupted files that AREN'T corrupt us the Save As command File Menu and save the file with either the same or a new name quot This is happening on all my machines BUT I CAN open the exact same file with no problems by either using PowerPoint or OpenOffice This is not a pptx file created in a later version It was created and edited with PowerPoint It has just stopped working The only two uninstalled updates on the machines are Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile for Windows XP x KB and Microsoft NET Framework for Windows XP x KB Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated Thank you Patrick nbsp

A:Powerpoint 2003 reporting corrupted files that AREN'T corrupt

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2543241

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerpoint-2003-reporting-corrupted-files-that-arent-corrupt.996063/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need help I am a MMD designer so naturally i work with models that contain katana When i want to save my work I am unable to do this I need to stuff them in a zip so that I can download them later I'm basically backing them up on Mediafire so i can preserve space and ram Usually i upload them if they have NO usage what so ever Models can be up to - mb being the biggest and thats usually when more then model is inside Well basically I am unable to to put the model in a zip because her files textures and spa and stuff are all in Japanese Well this wouldn't be so bad and i would change it if it didn't involve ruining the model itself When you rename a model's texture It vanishes from that model turning it white or deforming it Is there a way to put her in a zip I'm not changing her aren't and files allowed Japanese Chinese in Zips Korean , Katana characters just because it disagrees with them I've worked too hard on her

A:Japanese , Korean and Chinese files aren't allowed in Zips

Oh wow thanks soooooo much for the Help you guys I really Appreciate it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58055-japanese-korean-chinese-files-arent-allowed-zips.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

When I click on an e-mail attachment, the download window opens, and the progress bar completes, but, the nothing opens.

Similaraly, when I try to press 'run' in the download window for install functions, the progress bar moves, but, nothing happens. For example, I was trying to download Mozilla, but, when pressing run, it bar progresses, but then, nothing.

This is weird (and maybe it will tell you want you need to know to answer), when I press SAVE on the download screen instead of run, and I specify a folder location and name, the progress bar progresses, but then, THE FILE IS NOT IN THE DIRECTORY???

What's my problem. I've disabled pop up blockers, and have entirely disabled windows security. Also, I DO have administrator rights.

Thank you!!!!

A:Run/Download doesn't work - downloaded Saved files aren't in Directory either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-download-doesnt-work-downloaded-saved-files-arent-in-directory-either.724874/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been running Backups regularly using the Control Panel, Backup and Restore Center. I've recently noticed however that my movie files weren't being backed up.

The file type is '.MOD' saved by Panasonic camcorders.

The 'video' and 'additional files' boxes are checked in the settings dialog.

I spotted the problem after adding loads of movies to the computer and noticing the backup didn't need a new DVD (previous one nearly full) then I checked the backup files and '.MOI' files were copied from the folders but not the '.MOD' files.

Is there any way of getting the backup utility to recognise these files?

Thanks.

A:Vista Backup and Restore runs but movie files aren't copied.

Still got this problem.

Can anyone help me with a way of defining which file types the backup will recognise.

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/191560-vista-backup-restore-runs-but-movie-files-arent-copied.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

I'm using a laptop (with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit installed) as a DVR and media streamer to all other devices in the house.
My TV recordings are recorded into a temporary folder and when the recording is finished the program moves the files into the My Videos folder.

The My Videos folder is shared so we can watch the recordings from the Xbox downstairs or other Windows 7 devices in the house.
This worked pretty well in the past but for some reason new recordings (or downloads) aren't shared by default anymore. All files have a small lock icon (shared with nobody) and I have to manually share new files within an already shared folder.

This is pretty annoying and takes away the convenience.

I would appreciate any tip to fix this problem to have all files in the shared folder(s) shared by default.

Thanks in advance!

A:New files aren't shared in shared folder

It's easy once you know how, just right click the C:/Video's folder and choose properties, Security tab then Advanced button, then just put a check mark where it says "Replace all Child Object Permission Entries with Inheritable Permissions Entries from this Object, then hit Apply, OK....this will fix the problem you described.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256702-new-files-arent-shared-shared-folder.html
Relevancy 43%

i used combofix and i did let it finish and rebooted my pc after it finished!
when i booted my pc back i saw some folders in C: drive that should be hidden like:
$recyclebin
MSOcache
config.msi
programdata
msdownld.tmp

but they are not hidden
and in folder options the option for"show hidden files and folders is" UNTICKED
so i don't know what combofix did to my file attributes but i wanna know how to get it back the way it was?!
it is also happened to my other drives such as D: and E:

A:I am seeing files that should be hidden but aren't hidden

Hi liorshwa,
Welcome to the BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.
My name is Mako and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
Please stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
The instructions given are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
If you don't understand something don't hesitate to ask before running the tools.
Now let's get started...

First off, I don't think it was very wise to use ComboFix straight away. This is a very powerful tool that shouldn't be used without supervision of a security helper.
But anyway, no point in working on things that happened in the past.
  ======Zoek.exe======
Take action to disable your antivirus and antispyware programs, as they may conflict with Zoek.exe
>> Info on how to disable your security applications > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html
Download zoek.exe to your desktop
If Internet Explorer, any other browser, or a security program issues a warning indicating the file is unsafe, please ignore, since it is a false warning.
Using Zoek.exe
On the Desktop, double-click Zoek.exe to start the tool.
Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users right-click the file and select: Run as Administrator.
Give the program a few seconds to appear.
Copy and paste the following script in the code box:
Note: This script is written for usage on this system only, do not use it on any other computer even if the problems are similar.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL];e
Click the "Run script" button and wait patiently.
When finished the logfile will be opened in notepad.
If a reboot is needed the logfile will be opened after reboot.
The zoek-results.log can also be found on your systemdrive.
Please post the logfile for further review in your next comment.
Can you give me a bit more information on why you've used ComboFix? Were you having trouble with some sort of infection? Are there still problems present or is this the only problem you're experiencing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537206/i-am-seeing-files-that-should-be-hidden-but-arent-hidden/
Relevancy 36.55%

Once in a while I get a message window originating next to the time lower right corner of screen that says quot this device can operate faster on a USB quot I ignore it because I am not aware of anything being too slow besides my dial-up internet connection Should I be concerned When I look in my Device Manager Window this is what I find Are some of the USB ports not Device Manager Window Universal Serial Bus Controllers Generic USB hub Intel EB USB Enhanced Host Controller - DD Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller Standard Universal PCI to USB Aren't my 2.0? USB's all Host Controller Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller USB Composite Device USB Composite Device USB Printing Support USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub I have a Dell Dimension C Pentium Processor Aren't all my USB's 2.0? at GHz Wireless keyboard and mouse Purchased Feb Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Re: Windows 7.  After viewing my add-ons and seeing that some are disabled and others are enabled. I went to IE (11) and it says I am running without add-ons. Other that enabling an add-on or not, I don't know of any other way to turn them on or off. Can someone explain. Thank You.

A:Add-ons aren't On.

I believe you can uninstall them... permanent fix to this security bug.

google search uninstalling add ons in IE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516752/add-ons-arent-on/
Relevancy 36.12%

Is there a site for low income people who cant afford a new computer or somewhere where I can find someone donating a pc..cause the one I have which my friend gave me has a pentium-1 and a 32mb-ram..win98..and everyday I check my pc-I find something getting mest-up.and cant fix it without a win98.

is there and organization or place that I can go too.or a site that hads free hardware they dont need to upgrade my pc..

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi There,

I have a PC. The computer is not operating like it used to. Wierd things are happening.

The following things (are wierd):

- sometimes (not always) it operates slowly,
- can't update Windows Updates (last time the computer was successfful was October 2010).
- opening files (like Word or Excel) by clicking attachments from e-mail files don't work (e-mail program is MS Outlook).
- I sometimes (again, not always) get a message about Tweeter Monkey not loading (not sure of the name but it is something "monkey").

There are at times other weird things too.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Freely

A:Things just aren't right!

Hello,this can ne a few things, but many canbe malware related first so let's run a couple tools. You did not give your operating system so I will start with what we can run now.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. >>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381171/things-just-arent-right/
Relevancy 36.12%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 36.12%

I don't know why I get this massage every time I got to website in a new tap on edge and it deasber quickly but it bother me it's said (Our services
aren't available right now We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon. Ref A: AEDDA6A6B95743A69D696CF05F362A13 Ref B: E83C4892A9253AEB72113463AEC4DAE2 Ref C: Sun Aug 28 02:33:23 2016 PST)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10d455ce-789e-4a53-b55a-938382cc2020/help-our-services-arent-available-right-now?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 36.12%

I have 5 PCI slots, and one AGP slot. All of them are full... What do I have to do to add more cards? Is there such a thing as an external PCI card bay?

I do have one open slot, but there is not enough clearance between the two adjacent cards to fit another one in without is brushing up against them.

Relevancy 36.12%

i don t seem to be able to view a lot of images in ie . . aren't photoshop7 along. getting and ie6 - this is a relatively recent problem but i think it s tied up with adobe photoshop most images open the frame and little red x but no picture almost no info in the properties dialogue box and the quot open with quot thing that a friend told me to use seems to be nonexistant jpeg jpg and gif images with those extensions don t open in ie and png files which are associated with ie don t seem to work either gfa s and jfif s both work and photoshop7 and ie6 aren't getting along. . . when i went to the folder options box to edit the other file types into submission it photoshop7 and ie6 aren't getting along. . . told me that the extensions jpg and gif are in use by filetypes called photoshop jpegfile and photoshop giffile neither of these shows up in the window of fie types you can edit and i can t find anything related to them in adobe s folders i did find a file called gif bbi and another called png bbi but no jpeg and since i m not a programmer i decided to leave them alone i m running win and i m at the end of my rope any suggestions --r nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

In the past I have received emails from friends that had links in them that were not sent by those friends. I've alerted them to the problem and most have responded with "Sorry, it wasn't me". The links vary from prescription drugs from Canada and Viagra ads to whatever.
Well, now it is me that is apparently sending these things out under my email. Is there anyway short of deleting the account to stop it? Would a change of password help?
I've alerted my friends not to open or click any link or attachment but it would be nice to keep the account if possible.
BTW, this happens to be a Yahoo account but I doubt that makes much difference.
Thanks in advance for any insight.

A:Emails being sent but they aren't from me...

Changing your password should fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441939/emails-being-sent-but-they-arent-from-me/
Relevancy 36.12%

Today I switched on Windows 7 on a computer that I don't use very often, I have far too many, only one of my pc's gets used regularly. There were about 19 updates offered. Looking through them, I weeded out KB3035583 and KB2952664. After installing the remainder, I had a look through the installed updates, and found:

12 April 2015
21 May 2015
13 July 2015
14 October 2015
All KB 3035583, that's 5 hits at least.

No, both updates are once again on offer, and after hiding 3035583 the other week, I have just hidden both of them.

A:Persistant, aren't they

Hello tinmar,

If you like, there's no need to hide the update if you disable the "upgrade to Windows 10" update.

Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393514-persistant-arent-they.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all
I've recently downloaded adaware and spy bot S&D to help this comp

my virus scanner is detecting virus' with application names that use both adaware and spy bot in the names..

I'm wondering if this means that the programs are helping it to find them and then deleting them,or if these programs actually have malware attached?!

A:aren't these supposed to help?

What are the paths to the viruses detected? That would determine if they were in the quarantine files of either Ad-Aware or Spybot. If you could provide an example, it would clarify the question. I have never read anything to indicate that either Ad-AwareSE or Spybot have ANY malware in their application downloads.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27769/arent-these-supposed-to-help/
Relevancy 35.69%

Since I formatted the partition and reinstalled windows XP(home edition), I can't see videos right. Before formatting, I had the same windows, just different codecs. Now I installed at first the same codecs, and now they are uninstalled, but its quite the same. By not seeing vids right I mean that some frames are skipped, so I see parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vids-arent-played-well.302525/
Relevancy 35.69%

For the past few months I ve had problems with some of my quot security quot shortcuts It started when I tried to open AVG and run a scan When I click on the icon I get a pop up stating the quot program working.... Some shortcuts aren't exe quot associated with the icon has changed or moved and do I want to delete the icon I noticed that I had an AVG update come in prior to this problem so I figured it was an AVG problem and I have been working with their customer support people to try and fix it I ve also noticed that other quot security quot programs have Some shortcuts aren't working.... the same problem When I click on quot malwarebytes quot and quot whatsrunning quot I get the same box I just downloaded superantispyware and tried to run it but had the same problem with the desktop Some shortcuts aren't working.... icon I have Spyware Terminator and its working fine I haven t found any other programs that are having the same issues The tech I ve been working with at AVG has had me run uninstall and other programs trying to find the issue but we ve gotten nowhere I can t open AVG to run a scan I get the error box noted above but when I go to my Security Center it shows that quot AVG reports up to date and active quot I haven t been able to reinstall AVG because of an error with a program in Firefox called Chrome I just need some advice on how to fix the problem with the missing or moved programs so my shortcuts will work I don t believe its a virus I ve used Spy Terminator numerous times and its not finding any problems

A:Some shortcuts aren't working....

"Chrome" is a Google browserhttp://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...p;utm_medium=ha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215310/some-shortcuts-arent-working/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi guys,
i'd previously started a thread on this but perhaps i angled it wrong.
I have some photos/videos i accidently coppied over whilst on holidays. I've tried using previous versions etc. to no avail. Anyway i was scrolling through again, and not only do the thumbnails still exist, BUT, when i view as a slideshow, the photos pretty much load when it says 'loading' and then switch to the replaced photo. My point is, surely if it can load a blurry version of the picture, the file must be somewhere on the HDD still? I've attached a screenshot for illustration

A:Why aren't these images recoverable?

You may try your luck with PhotoRec. Guide to using PhotoRec recovery software.

In the file types to be recovered select only jpg or whatever is your photo format, so that it will look only for that category of files and rebuild/recover - if possible - , shortening the search time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/317712-why-arent-these-images-recoverable.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello

My Home page works, but when I tab to another page it will not connect at all

but firefox works when I tab a page

IE 7 worked Saturday night and then Sunday morning , only page working was home page
thanks

A:Tab Pages aren't working

Hi and welcome to TSF try resetting IE How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tab-pages-arent-working-664988.html
Relevancy 35.69%

It happened about yesterday and I didn't download anything recently.

im running xp home

http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iconproblem5ys.jpg

a picture of my dtop with all the icons not showing except a few o.o

A:Help me my icons aren't showing!

Download and install Tweak UI.

Open tweakui > repair > rebuild icons > repair now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-my-icons-arent-showing.390893/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone Recently I've encountered a problem which is that I get a black screen after the loading screen when I boot up my computer To fix this problem I decided to do a dirty install but I stumbled upon a problem I have Crucial GB SSDs that I put together as one making my C Disk but I didn't see it in the Volume List I only see what was Drive D my TB Seagate HDD which supposedly took my SSDs' place as Drive C I've unplugged the SSDs and booted up with only one plugged in and made the Primary Boot Device quot Removable Disk quot but when I boot up I get an error message saying quot BOOTMGR is missing quot The same thing happened when I did the same with the other SSD It can be deduced that both of the SSDs have to work together as a whole to function Then I unplugged the TB HDD and tried again When I did detected SSDs aren't being a chkdsk for Drive C I got a message saying quot The system cannot find the drive specified quot From this it is obvious that the SSDs which are the actual C Drives aren't being detected by my computer but the TB Drive D is being detected After uncovering this problem I think this may be the fault that is giving me the black screen after boot So does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem Thanks

Relevancy 35.69%

I recently re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro because of a patched user32 virus that caused me problems (it seems to be gone now since the re-install).

But now since I re-installed Windows XP, my dvd and cd drives don't show up in Windows. In BIOS they are recognized as ch.0 master and ch.0 slave drives. But in Windows they're not there in My Computer or Device Manager. I pop in a disc and it spins around but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what's wrong? I know it's not jumper cable problems because they worked fine before the re-install.

I don't have Service Pack 2 yet because I wanted to wait until I could back up my files on DVD before I upgraded, but since I can't burn or use my drives I don't want to take the risk yet.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks.

Relevancy 35.69%

I think i really messed up this time I bought this PC like a week ago and there was nothing wrong with it except that it ran vista I'm New broken. i? screwed, aren't PC I didn t mind vista at first but then i got the wireless second lag-spikes and it really messed up any chance i had at gaming even though everything worked flawlessly with an excellent connection So i looked up my options and decided to install XP as a DualBoot I have Samsung HD IJ set up as RAID So i went and created a new Partition GB I then ripped my windows CD and slipstreamed the required RAID drivers since the pc doesn t have a floppy drive I booted it up and it didn t give me the option to boot from CD so i went to BIOS and set I'm screwed, aren't i? New PC broken. the DVD drive as the primary boot device It then recognized it let me boot from CD recognized the HD just partitions i selected the newly created partition and formatted installed and everything went fine And then i was screwed After the install Windows XP wouldn t boot and neither would Vista It d get to the screen with the loading bar and before bar even passes through a BSOD flashed and the pc rebooted and repeated the process Safe Mode did thesame thing as did Boot with latest working configurations I decided to re-do the installation with no success So i looked up many threads on the internet with similar problems and alot of people reccomended resetting the BIOS to its default settings since i m not all that tech savvy i did it This disabled my RAID setup and possibly damaged my HDs After i did this as soon as i booted up my PC it d say Error loading Operating System I could still go into BIOS by pressing the required buttons before the screen even turned on I tried to fix as much as i could settings back to RAID CD DVD as primary boot device but as i said earlier i m not that tech savvy and playing with the BIOS is whole new territory for me After doing this i could get to boot from disc once again the original windows XP setup works too now because RAID is off but the C drive reports a size of xx Gigabyte a seperate D Drive reports the usual xx Gigabyte Whatever i select do or delete it always says that i m trying to install on C And whenever i do it doesn t matter if i select Format or Quick Format i get the following error Setup was unable to format the partition The disk may be damaged Make sure the drive is switched on and properly connected to your computer If the disk is a SCSI disk make sure your SCSI devices are properly terminated Consult your computer manual or SCSI adapter documentation for more information You must select a different partition for Windows XP To continue press ENTER Click to expand And that s pretty much where i m at I m at a complete loss So is there anything left i can do before i have to start saving up to replace parts I have warranty but i m not sure i ll be able to get them to replace things when i broke them like this so i m hoping there s still something i can do PS I know i didn t list any system specs since i can t really run Dxdiag right now i don t really know the relevant information but i m opening up the PC later today and will report back where needed nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Quite a few games that i meet and exceed system requirements are not functioning right as in one won t load and others are extremely choppy slow here is my dxdiag if that helps fresh install of xp computer boots kinda slow Aren't Games Stable. which is weird takes some time to get past bios load screen I ve done msconfig as well to disable all the startups i don t need defragmented used registry repair tools etc nothing helps and also used the hard-drive repair thing in xp trying to get this computer setup for my cousin who wants a machin to run bloodline champions league of legends and some fps games i m assuming here is my dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPUTER- Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Games Aren't Stable. Pack xpsp sp qfe - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer Inc System Model K N-E-Deluxe BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The file ati dvag dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems Games Aren't Stable. found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Diamond Radeon X Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell E FP Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d No WHQL Date Stamp None VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF- F - A A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV EA amp SUBSYS A amp REV A Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW M... Read more

A:Games Aren't Stable.

Download Razer Game Booster http://download.cnet.com/Razer-Game-Booster/3000-18512_4-10913645.html For Windows Xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-arent-stable.1090749/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Dell USB devices aren't recognized Studio which is about years old It came initially with Windows and I'm running Windows Ultimate right now About four days ago my computer stopped recognizing my usb mouse I would have it plugged in and using it walk away for a minute and come back and it wouldn't work I unplugged and replugged it in a few times and it worked Then it did USB devices aren't recognized it again and wouldn't work USB devices aren't recognized no matter what I did in any of the ports I tried multiple other mice and usb devices and the computer won't recognize any of them Finally I reinstalled windows thinking there was a problem with the registry or something and it started working again I went through the hours of updating and reinstalling some of my stuff then this morning the same thing is happening again It won't recognize devices I went to Dell website and updated all my drivers my bios and chipsets I've restarted repeatedly I've checked the USB section on device management and tried to find any problem area but there is none I've run dell diagnostic and windows diagnostic and all say they can't figure out the problem I'm stuck What am I supposed to do I've tried unplugging the power supply removing the battery doing basically everything that came to mind I really need some help and ideas on how I could fix this It's really frustrating me I wiped my computer and went through all those hours of work just for it to mess up again today and I'm very annoyed Thanks in advance for any help

A:USB devices aren't recognized

Hi and welcome to TSF I can only suggest this as a possible help USB Driver Reset and USB Ports Power State Reset - Sysnative Forums afraid I can't think of anything else

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-devices-arent-recognized-693500.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 35.69%

I had a sound card in one of my pci slots. I took it out because it was giving me problems, but its wierd. When i turn my comp on, it still says pci audio device found. How could that be! there is absolutely nothing in any of my pci slots. It even did it after i formatted and installed winME. Is it the motherboard>?

Relevancy 35.69%

Whenever I go to open a menu in most microsoft programs, the menu isn't lined up correctly. At first I thought that it was just how Windows Vista was, so i ignored the problem. Now it's starting to really annoy me. I'm not sure when the problem started, or if the computer came like this.

Here's some screenshots:
http://usera.imagecave.com/nicbart9/...29-1-IMG_1.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/nicbart9/...30-2-IMG_2.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/nicbart9/...30-3-IMG_3.jpg

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/menus-arent-lined-up-368049.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Some how my disk drives have "disappeared." With disks in either drive I am unable to "explore" or open them. I went to control panel and it says that drives are working OK. When I get a pop up message it says to "insert disk". No recent changes or installations on my computer. I feel like it is a software setting...............

Thanks

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dvd-cd-drives-arent-recognized.769993/
Relevancy 35.69%

When trying to update my drivers I'm able to find the lastest drivers but once downloaded the release dates doesn't change therefore I don't know one way or the other whether the driver updated. What causes this or has anyone else experienced this problem?

DELL XPS 410
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Intel 2.40GHz. Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor
Ati Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB Card
250 SATA II Western Digital Hard drive
Audigy II sound

A:Drivers Aren't Updating

What procedure are you following to install them?

The best method is to obtain them from the vendor's site -- downloading them to a setup folder for drivers that you have made on the hard drive.

Then install them and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-arent-updating.574673/
Relevancy 35.69%

I had this problem since I upgraded to Vista. All softwares I used before in Windows XP worked without any problem, but most of them now support Vista and they are giving me tons of problems everyday.
What is this happening?

A:Why softwares aren't working?

Software makers have got to rewrite their code to make it work with Vista. Keep checking the maker of the software websites for Vista updates.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/113916-why-softwares-arent-working.html
Relevancy 35.69%

icons such as internet explorer are now responisve when trying to open,

any ideas......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/icons-arent-working-325113.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 35.69%

Having a color issue with Windows 7, it seems like they're not blending like they should be, which makes everything kind of look like a zebra, and makes the Aero effects look like garbage. It's already set on 32-bit true color, and brightness/contrast/gamma settings don't seem to help the blending problem any. My background, which should be black, also appears slightly green. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-colors-arent-blending.904239/
Relevancy 35.69%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I had just restarted my lumina phone and when I wanted to unlock my phone, literally like the pin numbers didn't even appear! Like all the numbers. I can't even unlock my phone and it's already been a day. And my phone keeps restarting by its own.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439709-why-arent-my-pin-numbers-appearing.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I Went To Upload My Digital Camera Stuff And I Had To Install The Disk For It. Well My D And E Drives Both Aren't Showing In My Computer. I Don't Know Where There At Or What. My Friend Thinks There Completly Dumped But I Don't Know. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Help Me. Is There A Site I Can Go To And Install Them? Or What? Thanks.
*Kait

A:My D And E Drives Aren't Showing

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager and see if the CD-ROM's appear there. If they do see if theres a problem with them.

This is a common solution to drives that have disappeared from My Computer and have one of the mentioned error codes in Device Manager: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-d-and-e-drives-arent-showing.339111/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi everybody!

When I try to use any Apps by searching for them in the Start Screen, I receive the following error.

What is the resolution to fix this?

A:Apps Aren't Starting

Hello snortastic,

Do the apps open if you do so directly instead of by searching?

For now, you might see if the items in the tutorial below may be able to help fix your apps.

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59316-apps-arent-starting.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am very unhappy I ve been trying my best to keep my system from spyware Things just up.. aren't adding malware viruses especially since I just got rid of an infection Ive been battling with for nearly a year Heres the problems I m having My computer has been running unbelievably slow My CPU usage is at Things just aren't adding up.. about while just running Firefox I got a strange error message today about click me exe not being able to initialize or something I did a search on Click me exe and apparently its part of a spam virus while doing a HJT scan on Friday night I was denied access to the hostfile Heres a HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files RealVNC Things just aren't adding up.. VNC WinVNC exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Things just aren't adding up.. SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files iLike ilikesidebar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe qu... Read more

A:Things just aren't adding up..

The P2P programs you have installed expose you to risks because of the nature of the P2P file sharing process. File sharing/P2P programs rely on members giving and gaining unrestricted access to computers across the P2P network. This practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft. It also exposes you to very malicious worms and trojans. You change those risky default settings to a safer configuration but the act of downloading files from an anonymous source greatly increases your exposure to infection.

I suggest you go to add/remove programs and remove all P2P programs!
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems

Ugrading Java:

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 update 3.
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/things-just-arent-adding-up.653087/
Relevancy 35.69%

Your Passwords Aren't As Secure As You Think; Here's How to Fix That.

If you allow applications to save your passwords, anyone with physical access to your PC can decode them unless you're properly encrypting them—and chances are pretty good you're not. Let's walk through the right and wrong ways to store your passwords.Click to expand...

-- Tom

A:Your Passwords Aren't As Secure As You Think; Here's How to Fix That

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-passwords-arent-as-secure-as-you-think-heres-how-to-fix-that.893389/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys, I have a strange problem, so earlier today i decided to unplug everything from my Laptop and clean my desk, when I plugged everything back in my speakers were no longer being recognized in the tray and only my built in laptop speakers are being recognized.

Relevancy 35.69%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I've been having trouble loading certain websites on my laptop and two other computers in the house since last weekend These websites include msn co uk aqa org uk not being able to websites Certain loading aren't purchase music from iTunes school websites bank website and a few others among these I have had confirmation that these websites work for other people so I don't think it's the websites that are the problem I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton internet Security on my laptop yesterday but the problem still remains This Security is on all three computers Cache cookies history has been cleared also Pinging these websites results in a 'timed out' Other websites seem to work fine but there are quite a few that will not load I should mention that all computers use IE If anybody could help figure out and solve the problem it would be much appreciated I haven't the greatest IT skills so please take it easy Any questions just ask and I'll respond asap Thanks very much in advance Really sorry if this is in the wrong thread I think it may be

A:Certain websites aren't loading

The problem is most likely Norton.
It usually is.
Norton doesn't uninstall very well so when you did uninstall it likely left whatever is the cause..
Use the link below to uninstall it and then if you wish you can reinstall it.
Be sure to use the newest version when you reinstall.

http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/certain-websites-arent-loading-457122.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay my computer seems to have a lack of memory and I have a whole lot of unknown processes running and I would just like to kow which ones are vital to the computer and which ones aren't. Also I have zonealarm and norton antivirus running so can you guys tell me which one those are cause I don't want to be closing those two ^^
Thanks a lot

msmsgs.exe
taskmgr.exe
e_s10ic2.exe
iexplore.exe
asm.exe
ctfmon.exe
vsmon.exe
svchost.exe
explorer.exe
ati2evxx.exe
p2p networking.exe
mmtask.exe
navapsvc.exe
mdm.exe
sagent2.exe
ccevtmgr.exe
alg.exe
spoolsv.exe
zlclient.exe
realsched.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
lvcoms.exe
logitray.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
atievxx.exe
rxmon.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
ccapl.exe
system
system idle process

A:Running processes - Which ones aren't useful?

Howdy

What Operating system are you using... I assume XP

navapsvc.exe ... Norton
zlclient.exe ... Zone Alarm

If you copy and paste any of those on your list into Google you can find out a lot if not all you want to know.

or...

Go here... http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm ...scroll down a little and look under the process name column

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-processes-which-ones-arent-useful.231401/
Relevancy 35.69%

example:

please help!

A:the colors aren't working

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is your issue just related to Youtube ? ...

Does it happen in all Browsers or just Chrome ? ...

Please fill in your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376136-colors-arent-working.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I don't know what my dad did but he's having problems with his laptop When you go to open pretty programs opening... aren't much any program you either get an error that says quot programname exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program quot or a message that says quot this application failed to initialize properly xc Click programs aren't opening... on ok to terminate the application quot No spyware programs can load properly so I can't try to clean anything Also internet explorer will not connect to any websites but netscape seems to be working fine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask programs aren't opening... exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET programs aren't opening... WrOS EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME POKEYR LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPoET C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinHound C Program Files WinHound WinHound exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Pictu... Read more

A:programs aren't opening...

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

Download & extract it to it's own folder - smitRem.exe

Download and install Ewido Security SuiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options",uncheck - Install background guard

Have Ewido update itself & then exit the program.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

You're running HijackThis from a zipped archive. That is not advisable. HijackThis is able to create backups whenever if fixes any entry. These are stored in a subfolder called backups. As such, we advise against placing the program in any temporary folders. Please create a new folder - C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Extract/unzip HijackThis.exe into that directory & run it from there.

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch200.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://keyword.netscape.com/keyword/%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinHound] C:\Program Files\WinHound\WinHound.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

* * * * * * UN-INSTALLING PROGRAMS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs: ViewPoint
Please note any other programs that you dont recognize in that list in your next response

* * * * * * DELETING FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Tick - 'S... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-opening-89419.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I used to have a USB headset which were plugged into the USB port and were working fine, but I decided to upgrade to a set which use the headphone and microphone inputs, not the USB port. I unplugged the old ones, plugged in the new ones and turned my computer on, but they aren't being recognised at all. I tried going into my sound settings in the Control Panel but it says "No Audio Device", "No Playback Devices" and "No Recording Devices" in the Volume, Sound Playback and Sound Recording parts respectively.

There aren't any drivers that I know of that need to be installed, so what can I do to get the computer to recognise them?

A:New headphones aren't being recognised

well as far as i know if its plugged into the speaker and mic ports the computer wont recognize it but it should still work jus like if u plugged speakers and a mic into those ports it would not say this in ur device manager but theyd b connected and working but if they are not working then it may b a soundcard issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-headphones-arent-being-recognised.460735/
Relevancy 35.69%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 35.69%

I don t know what my dad did but he s having problems with his laptop When you go to open pretty much any program you either get an error that says quot programname exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program quot or a message that says quot this application failed to initialize properly xc Click on ok to terminate the application quot No spyware programs can load properly so I can t try to clean anything Also internet explorer will not connect to any websites but netscape seems to be working fine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe programs log aren't opening...hjt C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WrOS EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP programs aren't opening...hjt log SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu programs aren't opening...hjt log SonyTray exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR programs aren't opening...hjt log exe C DOCUME POKEYR LOCALS Temp Rar EX Hi jackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPoET C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinHound C Program Files WinHound WinHound exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 35.69%

Everything was fine until I added memory to my PC today. The memory is the right type...direct from Dell. I booted up the computer once I had the sticks in and got the message that secondary drive 0 not found and secondary drive 1 not found. Strike f1 to continue or f2 to run setup utility.

What the heck happened?? If I hit F1, it boots fine...right to the desktop...but what is going on with that message and what does popping memory in have to do with it?? I went in and configured the memory (the 1.5x's and 3x's the amount of memory.....I am just bewildered.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A:So why aren't the drives found now??

Press F2 and see if the amount of memory you have matches what is in setup. If it does save and exit and see if the message goes away. If not then we have something to figure out. Also check your drive connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-why-arent-the-drives-found-now.319019/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have a Toshiba Equium laptop with Windows Vista Up until last week it has been able to burn DVD s no problem but now when I try burning anything to DVD an error comes up saying that the DVD in the drive is not a recordable disc I know they are as I ve used them previously and they worked fine and aren't recordable. DVD's as recognised I ve also bought different types of DVD and it still says the same thing Last week i was going to burn a DVD and the blank Disc I inserted didn t automatically come up with the little wizard thing and I was impatient and went in to My computer and clicked the DVD drive part to open the disc that way and when I did it said something about formatting the disk or the drive im not sure which I thought I cancelled it but i m not sure now and it s since then DVD's aren't recognised as recordable. that it says all my DVDs are DVD's aren't recognised as recordable. not recordable Any help in trying to resolve what I ve done would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:DVD's aren't recognised as recordable.

Try uninstalling the DVD in Device Manager and rebooting the machine and let Windows discover it again. If that doesn't do it, please download Nero Info Tool and post a screen shot of the Drive tab here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to TSG, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvds-arent-recognised-as-recordable.586482/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,
My headphones are plugged into the headphone jack but when I play sound it only goes through the speakers, not the headphones.

I tried going to Playback Devices and enabling them, but headphones don't even show up as an option.

A:Headphones aren't being recognized

I had this happen to my dell computer and the helpdesk went in there and either updated the audio driver in control panel under device manager or deleting the audio driver and rebooting it so windows rerecognized it. try those.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-arent-being-recognized.1002114/
Relevancy 35.69%

hello vista forums

for some reason, some websites aren't loading ! im using mozilla firefox

need help

A:some websites aren't loading!

What is your exact error you are getting? Simply the fact "They are not loading" is vague and would be helpful to find a solution easier.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/289195-some-websites-arent-loading.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Just today, while I was going on YouTube to watch some videos, I turned on my speakers and played the video. For some reason, the sound didn't come out. I turned the speakers on and off, but that didn't work. I unplugged the wire hooking it up to the computer, but that didn't work either.

Please, someone help me fix this problem. I don't want to resort to buying new ones.

A:Speakers aren't working

Why not start with some details about the configuration? Also, did you try plugging earphones in the speaker jack to see if it's the computer or the speakers? I'd do that before I bought new speakers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.691053/
Relevancy 35.69%

None of the quicktime or windows media player movies i have on my pc or that are on the web suddenly stopped working. Now I can't view a single video. And no i never messed with any of the settings in wmp or quicktime or IE. What can i do to to get them to work.

A:Videos Aren't Playing At All?

After this occured I installed the avg virus scanner, free version, and though it didn't find anything the videos are now working all right. Still, thanks bleepingcomputer for all the help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52064/videos-arent-playing-at-all/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, so somehow I got websave on my computer, and it was really annoying so I downloaded adwcleaner to fix it, then I ran the software then restarted my computer. When I restarted, I couldn't open mozilla, so I deleted it then used internet explorer (which works fine) to redownload it. That didn't work so I tried google chrome. That didn't work either. In both cases when I tried opening the browser I opened windows task manager to see what was going on. Both times the browser would load up to about 2000 K then stop, at the same time it was loading, windows problem reporting would load to about the same memory the stop suddenly as well. I don't know what the problem is... Please help me. Thank you

A:Browsers aren't working

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift Key while starting Firefox. You may have a add-on that is keeping Firefox from starting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browsers-arent-working-802410.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have the latest version of the Firefox browser I'm using an Admin account on Windows Vista Home Premium When ever I download ANYTHING it just doesn't show up to the designated download folder set from Mozilla Download Manager This all Started oddly after a restarted my laptop After that I've been getting this problem Took screen-shots for accuracy My Hp Laptop Specs First I open my Firefox Browser and do the following Tools gt Options gt Save files to quot Downloads quot Then I download a random file Gimp Photo Editor When the download says its finished I then go to quot Downloads quot Open the quot Downloads quot Folder And no Gimp file whatsoever folder empty Okay okay so I then restart my laptop So maybe somethings wrong with the quot Downloads quot folder I'll just go with saving my download Downloads up! showing All my aren't to my quot Desktop quot instead Much easier right Wrong Same sh t Again here we go Tools gt Options gt Save files to quot Desktop quot Thinking quot Hmm maybe its the file I'm trying to download thats the problem quot Again wrong any and I All my Downloads aren't showing up! mean ANY download will not show up I try again to download the most random file I picked from cnet com All to my quot Desktop quot where I set it to be Download Complete Go to my Desktop BAM absolutely nada again Many people tell me it has to do with a corrupt registry or something Others say it's a Virus or Spyware Malware etc Full AVG and Avast and Bitdeffender scan And nothing found So again If you can help know someone that may help or have any links that can give me the solution Please help Email Any Help will be greatly appreciated Thank You

A:All my Downloads aren't showing up!

I would uninstall FireFox and reinstall it and see if your problem clears up. There's an application called mozbackup out there to back up your profile.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/all-my-downloads-arent-showing-up-373796.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am currently using Firefox and web pages are not loading properly. I have uninstalled and re-installed and also removed add-ons. I have also updated all of my add-ons. I have downloaded Google Chrome and Safari and they don't work altogether.

A:Browsers Aren't Loading

try going into safemode with network and see if they work there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/browsers-arent-loading-494650.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello folks Well I think I have another virus It HAS been awhile but I think we got nailed this week Interesting thing about it is if I even to a clean new install of hjt or avg those programs do not run The second time I try to access them I get a path not found error After reboot I noticed two items in the running programs loginui exe runs then disappears Im not familiar with it nor do I know it involves a virus There is another one that runs -- keeps running for awhile then allows the rest of the services etc to load It is called exe -- Some symptoms include a screensaver coming on when none should and when you leave the screensaver the computer freezes with the background showing no icons Occasionally the icons return Any chance someone can help me to at least get a hjt log to show you if not cure it directly I m running WindowsXP up to date with IE on a dell box I m posting from a different computer so there is no tsg sysinfo Thanks TBF nbsp

A:hjt and avg aren't recognized - VIRUS!

Update: I can download but cannot run any anti-virus programs.

I now have "Open Cloud Security" which I assume is a farce.

I cannot run any utilities like dds. or the like.

Any suggestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-and-avg-arent-recognized-virus.1019329/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone at tech support forums :P I have windows 7 and im curious as to why anything i download from Internet explorer doesnt show up when i go look for it...but if I try to download it again, it shows the file there with 0 bytes...anyone know whats going on? :(

A:downloads aren't visible anywhere.

seriously , try other borwsers like firefox.
IE is unstable and has a lot of securioty holes
try firefox..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloads-arent-visible-anywhere-521317.html
Relevancy 35.69%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I'm new and fairly computer-stupid The other day I was searching for something Possible Aren't Found Being Viruses That on Google I use Chrome and accidentally clicked on the wrong result which took me to a page that didn't load and gave me a notice from Chrome that said my computer was infected I don't have a specific Removal Program on my computer besides a free version of Avast and SpyBot and neither program detected anything so I thought nothing of it really But then the next day every time I went to close Chrome and shut down my computer Vista it told Possible Viruses That Aren't Being Found me that there were downloads still in progress Possible Viruses That Aren't Being Found I wasn't downloading anything That happened every Possible Viruses That Aren't Being Found time So I downloaded the trial scan of Webroot Spy Sweeper and it picked up only Spy cookies which I deleted I'm still having this problem and it's getting worse The free version of Webroot Desktop Firewall that I have is blocking abnormal amounts of things and when I'm out of Safe Mode everything crashes or just won't respond As I said I'm computer stupid I have no idea what to do and my parents have threatened to take away my computer if I get it infected I'm lame Would anyone care to help EDIT I also tried downloading the free scan of Webroot SpySweeper with Antivirus but it said the download files were corrupted and aborted the installation I'm also beginning to get pop-ups

A:Possible Viruses That Aren't Being Found

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/possible-viruses-that-arent-being-found-397912.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I recently formatted my hard drive and was in the process of setting up my burner, wireless, and web cam when I got a message saying that they cannot be set up because I needed SP2 or higher.
I went to microsoft/windows and did the download and install. After restarted my PC I can only get 4 bit color and screen resolution can't be set any higher than 600x800.
I did a virus scan and avg found nothing.
Any suggestions?

A:Things just aren't right after installing SP2

What are your system specs? Are you running XP? If you are, and only running XP SP1, you are way behind the times... You will have to do a fresh Operating System install all the way to XP Service Pack 3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/things-just-arent-right-after-installing-sp2.131704/
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm running XP Home on my laptop and suddenly, none of my theme sounds will play. They play fine from Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices but I just get bleeps when they should be playing during use.

I had to restart in Safe Mode yesterday and it seems to have stopped working since then.

Anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 35.69%

I m trying to remove my wireless network and install a wired one In the wireless version I connected to the internet via one PC and the other PCs connected to Aren't - Adapters Network That There that one Network Adapters - That Aren't There wirelessly I ve removed the original modem and tried to remove the wireless adapter from all PCs However on the PC that connected to the Internet everything seems to have gone pear shaped The others have all connected perfectly to the new ethernet router modem system In Device Manager or looking under Network Connections there appears to be a single instance of the Wireless Network Connection labeled Wireless Network Connection However if under Network Connections I select Network Troubleshooter and perform a scan I can see instances of quot Instant Network Adapters - That Aren't There Wireless USB Network Adapter ver quot These quot ghost quot adapters are causing a problem because their default IP Gateway address is the same as the address on my router modem and my PC can t connect to the new modem because of the conflicts They also appear under Accessories - System Tools - System Information- Components - Network - Adapters but no driver name is given My question - how do I remove these entries They aren t in Device Manager and they aren t seen under Network Connections so the usual methods don t apply It s got to be easy - I just don t know how

A:Network Adapters - That Aren't There

Have you looked for these in the USB section of Device Manager? If they're listed there, right click and "Uninstall" or "Disable" should be available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136333/network-adapters-that-arent-there/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am trying to get two old joysticks to work via a gameport-USB adapter cable since my computer doesn t have a gameport The joysticks are a Logitech Wingman model and a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro The adapter is a USB Plug Series A to D-sub -pole jack art no K I need them to work on Windows XP though it would aren't Joysticks recognized be nice if they also work on Windows When Joysticks aren't recognized I plug either Joysticks aren't recognized of them in nothing happens They also don t appear in the device manager When I try to add them via control panel - gt game controllers I get an error saying the gameport or drivers aren t properly configured I don t have the original cd-roms for the joysticks because I got them from a friend who had them lying around in a dusty corner for ages I really hope someone can help me I need to get these joysticks or any two joysticks working as soon as possible for a school project nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 35.69%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 35.69%

I've been using Windows exclusively for a few months now both at home and work and while I love most of the new stuff there's a couple of things that are still really bugging me about it and I wondered if any going 7 use Windws niggles as I away it that aren't 2 of you know how to stop it Firstly I've re-added the quicklaunch and am not using the new style shortcuts as 2 Windws 7 niggles that aren't going away as I use it I use multiple instances of most of my programs at any one time which the super bar doesn't seem suited to Plus having shortcuts and running apps mixed in 2 Windws 7 niggles that aren't going away as I use it together drives me crazy Having quicklaunch back and setting it to always expand running apps solves this but I lose the ability to use win num on the keyboard to open the first items This was a feature I used a LOT in Vista and not having it really annoys me My question is can I either move that keyboard shortcut back to the quicklaunch OR seperate running apps and shortcuts from each other on the superbar so the shortcut stays where it is This would essentially turn it back into quicklaunch My second issue is the right click menu for programs on the superbar The new context menu has yet to prove useful to me I don't keep recent documents lists and most apps don't support it anyway The menu appears above the item rather than where you click on it so the close button is much higher which means I always miss it and continue to even after months of using it As this is how I usually close apps it's getting very frustrating On top of both of these issues the quot close quot item doesn't seem to do any checks on whether or not a program is responding the old close item on Vista XP was much more useful on a non-responding app Is there any way I can disable it and re-enable the old-style menu I know shift click brings up the old menu but a way of making this the default would be fantastic

A:2 Windws 7 niggles that aren't going away as I use it

Hello Moredhel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

First Issue:
Only the pinned programs on the taskbar will use the Windows key + #(1to0) to open them with. You can add a Ctrl+Alt+letter keyboard shortcut for the Quick Launch items though. The pinned icons that have a open window for it will be highlighted to help tell the difference between them.

Second Issue:
You can press Shift then right click on the pinned icon to see the context menu for it instead of the jump list one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13189-2-windws-7-niggles-arent-going-away-i-use.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi ... When i boot up my computer my icons on my desktop and programs in the start menu don't load up right ... My icons all look the same square white box with blue on top ... How do i restore them back ??? Or if anyone knows whats causing it ... Thanks

Ps: windows xp pro

A:icons aren't loading up right

Try to reinstall the latest drivers for your video card

Also try reinstalling DirectX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-arent-loading-up-right.230800/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok so I had Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack and I decided to try out Vista so I went out and bought Windows Vista Ultimate RC and it was great and all except that with only my gig of ram it sucked up my memory and I couldn't play any of my games that I have I'm a gamer I decided to use a copy of Windows be.. as should Keyboard they letters aren't that my sister got when she got her new computer so I Uninstalled Vista and installed Windows XP Professional Media Center Edition Keyboard letters aren't as they should be.. and then upgraded to Service Pack I didn't do anything on the computer before upgrading to Service pack except register the computer and things which I found out my problem When entering my Email instead of the sign Keyboard letters aren't as they should be.. coming up the quot sign came up here is Keyboard letters aren't as they should be.. a list of the keys that shouldn't be coming out when the button s is are pressed Note I have an American Keyboard and an American copy of Windows Shift quot Shift Shift Shift ' Not this but the other slash Shift Not this but the other slash Is there anything known to fix this Because this is getting very annoying and I just want my keyboard to be normal lol Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance -Mr Waffles

A:Keyboard letters aren't as they should be..

Hi Mr. Waffles and welcome to TSF !

Unfortunately installing a version of XP for which you own no license is illegal and according to the forum rules we can't help you any further. Stick with XP Home or Vista Ultimate, or buy an MCE license.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-letters-arent-as-they-should-be-164510.html
Relevancy 35.69%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/