Windows Support Forum

Internet connected but applications aren't working

Q: Internet connected but applications aren't working

My internet is conencted and working perfectly (I am using it right now), however my applications that use/require internet say that my internet is not connected. Applications like Sims 2 and iwin game portal claim that they cannot connect to the internet, even though I can open up my Firefox and browse as normally. It's really irritating, I've tried unplugging internet, restarting my computer then plugging it back in again but that didn't work.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet connected but applications aren't working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet connected but applications aren't working

what firewall do you have or have you had on the P|C
sounds like the firewall is blocking
If you have had Norton , mcafee etc demo versions installed they can cause issues like this - even if uninstalled , residue can still block

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-applications-arent-working.957844/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have vista installed on my laptop and I m connected to the internet firefox connects no problem thats how I browse the internet I set up a static IP connecting. aren't applications and Internet Explorer other internet for a program that needs a port forwarded I setup the ip and port correctly and that program works I m not sure if thats when the problem started but I m guessing so Internet Explorer starts fine but will not connect to any websites I noticed the problem when I was using a game Internet Explorer and other internet applications aren't connecting. that requires the internet to be played I tried connecting with other games and I Internet Explorer and other internet applications aren't connecting. still can t connect yet firefox still connects no problem I haver tried starting IE without the add-ons and its the lastest most Internet Explorer and other internet applications aren't connecting. updated version and so is Vista Help plz Thanks Joshula Adding in the Hijack File Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Startup VirtuaGirl HD LNK O - Extra context menu item Append to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adob... Read more

A:Internet Explorer and other internet applications aren't connecting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-and-other-internet-applications-arent-connecting.696606/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
I'm still new the this forum, so i'm not sure if this is where my question/topic should go, and if it is not, my deepest apologies! but... Once i connect to the internet, none of my programs (AIM, Internet Explorer, Limewire, etc. ) recognize that i'm connected... Can anyone help me? This has caused immense frustration... Any help will be VERY MUCH appreciated...
Thanx!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/my-applications-dont-recognize-that-im-connected-to-the-internet-163124.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys - I'll get right to the point.

I'm connected to my Wi-Fi network:
I then connect to my VPN service:

Notice how now the Wi-Fi shows "Limited".

This tricks Windows 8 into thinking that I don't have an active internet connection. Internet Explorer doesn't work and some Metro Apps show as being in offline mode:
Is there a solution to this? I've tried to play around with the VPN settings but didn't have any luck.

Basically - when connected to VPN Windows doesn't think I have an active internet connection. Certain Microsoft apps don't work but Chrome and Steam and all of that work fine.

A:When connected to VPN some applications don't have internet connection

Here is the solution:

Open the settings of the VPN
Go to networking
Go to TCP/IP 4 properties
Go to advanced
On the tab IP Settings uncheck "Use default gateway on remote network" and keep the "Disable class..........." unchecked as well
Close the VPN
Restart the VPN
Metro Apps will work....................
Let me know if it worked.

vpn - Microsoft Answers
Nevermind - you may think this works but all of your traffic just goes through your normal network and not your VPN.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9039-when-connected-vpn-some-applications-dont-have-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have a linksys model wrt54gl v1.1 and I am using Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition. I have a pc connected to the router directly through an ethernet plus a laptop, 2 iphones and a blackberry that get wireless internet from it. 2 days ago wireless stopped working. The internet on the pc connected to the router by ethernet is still working and the power, WLAN, ethernet, and internet lights are all lit green. The internet and ethernet lights flash when data is being transferred but the the WLAN light is not flashing. I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working. The phones and laptop are not detecting any wireless network present. Hope you can help.

Paul

A:Internet working on PC connected to router by ethernet but wireless not working

I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working.Click to expand...

The only other thing to try is to unplug the router for a few hours. You could also try another factory reset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-on-pc-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-but-wireless-not-working.994621/
Relevancy 61.06%

I got a bunch of viruses on my computer and things started getting messed up and slowing down I Applications Internet With Some Working Not ran a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it said all of them were gone Some things that Some Applications Not Working With Internet are wrong are Steam says quot Unable to connect to server Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet - Unable to connect to server Server may Some Applications Not Working With Internet be offline or you may not connected to the internet quot quot Unable to connect to HTTP Proxy Your proxy may be misconfigured or offline Some Applications Not Working With Internet - Unable to connect to HTTP Proxy Your proxy may be misconfigured or offline quot including when trying to download new CoD MW content Audiosurf will not log in or load any pages associated with the internet to view high scores etc With World of Warcraft I get quot Cannot connect to the News Server Please Check the network and try again later quot just at the news page with no patch downloading or anything to hint at the available patches When prompted in-game to exit WoW and download the new patch I get quot Failed to apply patch Please try again later If this problem persists you may need to reinstall or contact technical support quot I just reinstalled WoW with no change Also at random times I will try to bring up one website and another comes up instead Like trying to go to Facebook and Google coming up It does not matter which browser I use but after I restart my computer it gets fixed At other times it does not properly load web pages and just stacks text on the left side with no images loading Again this is fixed after a restart Any suggestions or similar issues Thank you for help

A:Some Applications Not Working With Internet

FIXED:Q u o t e:Hello Shotme,There is not a mirror of the patch to download. Go ahead and try the following steps, and if that does not work let me know the error you are getting.Go to the Control Panel and open up Internet Options.Click on the Connections tab.Click the button called "LAN Settings"Uncheck all of the options on that screen.Then try again.If that does not work, go back in and check the box to "Automatically Detect Settings" and test once more.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325301/some-applications-not-working-with-internet/
Relevancy 60.2%

So I'm having a very confusing problem I've tried searching for a solution via google and have not found any real solution Aren't Connected Audio Beats When Headphones They or at least a solution that has worked for me I have an HP Pavilion Dv with Beats Audio Windows Fully Updated Normally I have headphones plugged in while playing my games as to not disturb other people around me but the built-in speakers were sorta still are working In the middle of a game session AVG update popped up and suddenly audio was coming from the speakers instead of the headphones that were plugged in Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't The only time Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't this is happening is every time AVG pops up with it's update notification Since yesterday it happened however now even with the headphones unplugged there is NO sound coming from the speakers at all The beats audio control panel is saying headphones are connected when they aren't and all sound is being routed to headphones that aren't even plugged Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't in When I plug in the headphones the sound is coming threw the headphones perfectly fine For some reason the computer is not recognizing that the headphones are unplugged Now again today the AVG update popped up and sound started playing out of the speakers I immediately unplugged the headphones to allow the sound to continue playing threw the speakers thinking maybe is fixed itself The sound cut in and out a few times and completely went out Again I checked the beats audio and it has said the headphones are connected when I hadn't connected them since the sound started coming out the speakers Steps I've taken I manually updated the driver for my beats audio sound card I've completely uninstalled and deleted the driver for my beats audio sound card to allow windows to use the generic driver to control sound I've ran the sound troubleshooter for playback audio no issues found I've tried disabling the headphones in playback sounds so therefore the audio would be forced to come threw the speakers but it isn't I know the speakers work because I got proof today when sound came blasting out temporarily but as I've stated the computer doesn't recognize that the headphones have been unplugged Any and all help appreciated If I don't answer back today I will be looking for responses tomorrow Thank you everyone

A:Beats Audio Headphones Connected When They Aren't

Try a System Restore back to an available restore date that is before this first happened. See if that corrects it.

Since AVG appears to be the source of the problem, or at least the updater part, disable the update function and see if it makes any difference. Restart the PC after disabling the updater.

Although it is a sound problem, it appears from your description that something other than sound is causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/368591-beats-audio-headphones-connected-when-they-arent.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I wasn't sure what subforum would fit Browser and email are involved but broader than that Probably not hardware but at this point who knows This is long description Bear with me Configuration Hardware Two computers connected to router which is connected to Dishnet satellite modem No local says "connected" No for nw internet but applications, function network or homegroup set up Both machines running No internet function for applications, but nw says "connected" Windows sp with all updates The computer I am typing on works fine with full internet functionality From it I can log onto the router and the modem Neither indicates a problem Router shows both computers connected On the other computer which is my wife's computer Windows control panel network amp sharing shows network connected with internet access From cmd prompt I can ping pathping or traceroute to WAN sites e g CNN amazon xkcd Ipconfig shows nothing obviously wrong Firefox opens but immediately gives server not found screen for any url including the router and modem dns addresses Internet explorer will not successfully open at all IE window appears but then says not responding then closes after a minute or so with no further message Avast free version shows warning that one shield is turned off but does not respond when I select the turn on button If I open Avast user interface it indicates no internet connection The Avast warning is odd in that all three shields file mail web indicate as running So what is the one that needs to be turned on Just before this started I downloaded a large windows update appx items for Windows and Office avast program update to new version several adobe updates flash java For some I used the Avast software update utility and some used application updater All seemed to work Still had internet function at that point Then I tried to find and uninstall the mdnsresponder version of Bonjour I know what it is because avast had popped up warning about it rootkit I think for past couple days starting before I ran all the updates Each time checked quot delete recommended quot from avast warning choices I found that the bonjour service with cryptic numerical name was already disabled which I did a couple years ago Any uninstaller was hidden so I tried some manual uninstalling My fooling with it was close to the time that internet connection failed but I didn't notice exactly when because the indicator in the taskbar showed and still shows connected I also opened the Avast firewall setup page but didn't do anything because it appears to be available only in the not-free version Eventually I tried to look something up on internet and found the problem Turning windows firewall and avast shields off does not fix the problem Comparing settings between the two computers shows nothing obvious The good one doesn't even have bonjour or dnsresponder exe on it I have done all I can think of over several hours except attempt using a restore point because the last one was before the windows update With so many changes I am skeptical that it would succeed in restoring everything None of the changes made after the windows update appear in affected programs list Only the windows update items One of those other changes would be the source of the problem I'm nervous about making it worse with a failed restore Before I make an image of the current state then try restore point I was hoping this half on half off internet connection would sound familiar to someone who could aim me in the right direction

A:No internet function for applications, but nw says "connected"

One more clue. Windows update will communicate and download through the internet connection.

However as described above, nothing else I have tried will. Firefox and Avast both say no connection, and IE fails before it gets that far.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/355199-no-internet-function-applications-but-nw-says-connected.html
Relevancy 59.34%

this is what the is shown after run command and cmd is given C Users shobhit gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name shobhit-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet but connected with works modem not wire no internet, wi-fi, working with internet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet internet not working with wi-fi, modem connected but no internet, works with wire Controller Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e e b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday March PM Lease Expires Wednesday March PM Default Gateway fe c df e d b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DC-F - - - E- -E - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - E- -E - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c df e d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DC-F - - - E- -E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D C - B - DA -B C - B A br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users shobhit gt request to sort out this issue regards shobhit nbsp

A:internet not working with wi-fi, modem connected but no internet, works with wire

you wireless is set to a fixed IP
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : NoClick to expand...

change to automatic

Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS
VISTA
-----
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Vista
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

WINDOWS 7
---------
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings
From a TerryNet post
To configure a dynamic IP address on your Windows Vista or 7 computer:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.Click to expand...

WINDOWS 8
---------
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for windows 8
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-8/windows-8-assign-static-ip-address/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-with-wi-fi-modem-connected-but-no-internet-works-with-wire.1094329/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am connected wirelessly with internet access according to my computer, but my internet sporadically stops working. Usually happens every 5 minutes or so. However, my Skype always works, even when my browsers and games don't. This has only happened within the last 3 days. Before that, my internet worked perfectly. Please help!

A:Connected to network with internet access but internet isn't working properly

I am assuming something extra is running in the background when you have a browser open, or you play games (I am sure on line games use browsers to operate) have you checked for tool bars? or small programs that where not there before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-with-internet-access-but-internet-isnt-working-properly.1112574/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am connected to my network wirelessly and I have Internet acces (according to the symbol at the bottom right) bu the Internet doesn't work. At the moment it keeps fluctuating between giving me interne and not I am using Skype to tell me if I have Internet ( when it's green I do when it's grey I don't) I have tried many things on forums like obtaining ip automatically or obtaining a fixed ip. I've tried renewing the ip and all this doesnt work. Please help I have exams soon and I really need the Internet to study /:

A:Vista - Connected to network and have Internet acces but internet not working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connected-to-network-and-have-internet-acces-but-internet-not-working.1041609/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've been trying to fix this problem on my little sisters computer but I have no idea whats causing it..

There was a virus on it at one point, and after some trouble, one day it just disappeared... completely. Everything works fine, skype, windows updates, etc..... except it wont connect to any site on any browser, on any port.

I believe this had to do with the virus that was on it, because the virus forced all websites to redirect to the viruses advertising site etc..

The virus is gone now and so are its problems, but I can not figure out what's the issue with the browsers... this puzzles me because all other internet applications work, skype, windows update, uTorrent... etc

What could be the issue.

If it's any relevance, the operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium(yuck) 64x

This seems like a fairly simple problem but I'm stuck.

A:All internet related applications working except anything connecting through browser?

I think I've got a similar if not the same problem dude, here's my link to the post
(it is unfortunately not solved yet)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...et-509751.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-internet-related-applications-working-except-anything-connecting-through-browser-511974.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I have my internet connected long storty short, I reset my router last night, it reset to default settings I got the new password, I'm connected on my Windows Vista computer laptop my desktop computer, all working fine, but on my Windows 7 laptop its connected I can go to google, and windows live email and that'll work but I can't access any other websites I went to check the status of it and under IPV4 Connectivity it has Internet under IPV6 Connectivity it says No Network Access I'm not sure that has anything to do with it, but I need some help. Thanks!

A:Internet connected but not working

Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195624-internet-connected-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Since yesterday the signal that my wireless router broadcasts has stopped working My iMac iPod and PS all receive a signal but don t work I have bought a new wireless router but the same problem occurs and I have also called my Internet working... connected not but ISP NetGear and Internet connected but not working... D-Link Customer support and neither have helped I have looked up solutions on the internet I am on a wired connection on my dads laptop but have had no luck Does anyone recommened anything Internet connected but not working... because I urgently need internet for school work and my dad needs his laptop Internet connected but not working... for work If this helps the actual internet service itself crashed on Thrusday and when that came back up that s when the wifi stopped working The D-Link is a DIR - and the Netgear one is a N Wireless ADSL and the laptop is running Vista Please note I am not a technical genius so if you wouldn t mind keeping things simple for me that would be much appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7 home premium. I have been unable to use my internet for two weeks now. Wi-Fi is connected but when I try to use Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox I cannot get on the internet. I have gotten several error messages such as "err_socket_not_connected" "err_connection_aborted" when trying chrome. I have read multiple internet threads and tried multiple options and nothing worked. I would love to have someone that can talk with me through this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-not-working.1157108/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I am almost going insane struggling with this thing the WHOLE day!!

My internet is connected, but when I click Internet and browse it,

I get, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

My desktop got infected with spyware a couple days ago and I finally got it all cleaned up (well, at least, I thought I did).

The connection is fine. My two other laptops have a good internet access.

Please help!!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hey everyone I was not but working Connected internet having some internet issues and was hoping someone could resolve them My Windows XP using an ethernet cable to internet port in the wall of a college dormroom was working yesterday just fine but when I turned it back on from Sleep the internet and online games were not working Mozilla Firefox displays the message quot server not found quot I've talked to three different technicians at my college dorm and they can't figure Connected but internet not working it out because their programs at the office say they can see that my computer is connected and should be working It isn't a hardware problem or cable problem because the ethernet cable attached to the port of the tower is lighting up green and is flashing The Local Area Connection Status is 'connected' and speed is Mbps Activity shows that packets are being sent and received Things I have tried Used PC in Connected but internet not working another room Result internet works Manually connected laptop to the same internet port my PC is connected to while turning off the wireless internet Result internet works on laptop Typed in 'ping www google com' in the command prompt it says quot Ping request could not find host www google com Please check the name and try again quot Typed in 'ipconfig all' in the command prompt All components are listed except for 'Primary DNS Suffix ' which has Connected but internet not working a blank space next to it Under Internet Protocol Properties in Local Area Connection I made sure that IP address and DNS server addresses are obtained automatically I reset my WinSock using the 'netsh winsock reset' and restarted my computer which didn't do anything I hope I didn't mess anything up doing some of these as I was just looking at suggestions I found when I googled the problem Hopefully someone can help Thanks for your time

A:Connected but internet not working

7) I ran Malwarebytes anti-virus on the PC, which was downloaded today from a friend's computer and transferred via flash drive. The scan found 3 Trojan viruses and another virus. I removed the files and the internet is still not working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connected-but-internet-not-working-525990.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hey everyone , im new here, i cant seem to get help any where else but here is my issue. i just recently bought a wireless router for my pc and wireless network card. i installed the card and hooked up the router. all the lights are on and everything is connected properly. when i go to my pc to try the internet nothing loads or works. when i hook it up directly to the modem it works fine but when i plug in the router , which is a linksys wrt54g it doesint work. on my pc it says internet connection connected but nothing works . is this my pc or my router?

A:internet connected but not working

no one is gonna uunderstand what u wrote .try to write ur situation down more clearer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-not-working.644888/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello First time posting so I apologize if I do anything incorrectly So as of sometime this last weekend my internet stop working correctly I have Windows I left home Friday to visit my parents and came home sunday to find it not functioning My computer claims to be connected and I can go as far as properly ping google throught he command prompt successfully I have tried numerous suggested fixes from friends Drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled Both for my motherboard and wireless card dongle ips have been verified pings have been established routers have been reset and reverified new hardware has been brought in I've tried it with multiple different networks I can ping Google through the command prompt no problem And still nothing happens I mean that in a literal sense When I bring up a browser window I click Though Not Connected. Working, Internet a link or Internet Not Working, Though Connected. a favorite and it tries connecting for a split second before stopping It doesn't even go to a Cannot connect or Error page or anything it just doesn't move or go anywhere I have tried multiple different malware programs including Combofix and Malwarebytes and other fix Internet Not Working, Though Connected. programs like WindsockFix on top of that I have verified that I'm not being rerouted through Internet Not Working, Though Connected. any proxies nor that I'm being blocked by any routers Like I said I've tried connecting to multiple different networks miles apart from eachother It is very specifically my PC My roommates internet works fine my phone connects fine my DS works fine and my PS works fine All connect and work no problem I currently have my desktop at work just to see if it was the internet provider I was suddently having a problem with It was not The only clue I have as to when it stopped working was that my AVG Virus program updated around pm Saturday Jul th--Literally in the middle of me not being anywhere near my home or computer So I'm out of ideas My friends are out of ideas So hey Let's ask the internet You guys are smart Well if you need any more information about my set up by all means ask away I'm at work currently so I have internet readily available Thanks for reading

A:Internet Not Working, Though Connected.

Hello and Welcome

Try resetting Winsock and TCP/IP using the command line.

In the search box type CMD  > Right click > Run as Administrator, At the prompt type:

netsh winsock reset  <enter>

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt  <enter>

Reboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540600/internet-not-working-though-connected/
Relevancy 58.48%

For the last few weeks is not connected Internet although working says my internet connection has been saying it is connected but when i try to use the internet in ie or firefox it will not load any pages Every now and then it will work but only for a few minutes If somebody could check my hijackthis log that would be a first step Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgemc exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS pelling exe C Internet not working although says is connected WINDOWS system tp serv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system TpScrLk exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Mbps Wireless Utility TOOL OpenXpAuto exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Documents and Settings James Pelling Start Menu Programs Virus Scanning HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Pelling's Internet Explorer F - REG system ini Shell pelling exe lt - this is the name of my explorer exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run S TRAY S Tray exe O - HKLM Run TrackPointSrv tp serv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run TPKMAPHELPER C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities TpKmapAp exe -helper O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe O - HKLM Run TP EX tp ex exe O - HKLM Run EZEJMNAP C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe O - HKLM Run UC Start C Program Files IBM Updater ucstartup exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot c Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run BLOG rundll exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT BatLogEx DLL StartBattLog O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run BMMLREF C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities BMMLREF EXE O - HKLM R... Read more

A:Internet not working although says is connected

Click Start>Run and type CMD.exe and click enter

Type the following then hit enter:
netsh winsock reset catalog

Can you access the internet now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-not-working-although-says-is-connected-109784.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been having a constant problem with my internet I ve tried sooo hard to fix it but so far it seems like the things I ve done have only worked temporarily I can connect to the internet connect to my router using wireless and Lan but I cannot run updates load any webpages on any browser takes to long to respond I also cannot ping any site other than my router or my ip Things I ve tried Checking all settings everything looks okay No proxy set up nor do the browsers have proxy enabled Changing my ethernet or wireless cards sometimes will fix temporarily working! Internet not but Connected, but now none are working to Internet Connected, but not working! fix they all do the same thing Reformatting or repairing my XP Resetting Winsock flushing DNS Resetting or release renewing my IP Resetting the Router I ve checked my ipconfig all and all the settings are correct and all things enabled that should be If I plug the Lan cable into a laptop the way I m Internet Connected, but not working! online right now it works fine but the laptop is really old and Internet Connected, but not working! runs slow and I prefer my desktop anyway Checked for virus and malware or spyware Removed antivirus and firewall Removed most recent updates Still no permanent solutions Hubby s computer is plugged into the same router and works fine I just don t get it Please help Even my blackberry can connect to the router nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, please could someone help me. My iPhone and old Windows 7 computer are connected to my wifi network with no internet problems. My Windows 10 laptop (previously Windows 8) has been working fine in Windows 10 up until today. Now, internet pages won't load. I've been trying to fix this all afternoon. About twice, a webpage that I left trying to load in Edge (spinning circle) I later discovered eventually loaded, but otherwise nothing. There is no change with it plugged directly into the router by ethernet. I've tried using both Edge and Chrome. Sometimes the wifi says connected, sometimes it's connected but limited.

Please help!

Thank you.

A:Internet connected but not working

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

Please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/internet-connected-but-not-working-1032545.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Im having a really annoying problem every mins or so my internet browsers will just stop working and quot time out quot I can still stay connected to MSN but i cant use anything that has to do with opera internet explorer firefox Everytime this happens i have to reset my router then it works normally again It still says that im connected at the bottom icon with the connection status etc and im using an ethernet cable not working connected Internet browsers internet to but not wireless Heres my hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe Internet browsers not working but connected to internet C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McAgent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Download Direct DLD exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXE C Program Files Kontiki KService exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C WINDOWS system MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Fil... Read more

A:Internet browsers not working but connected to internet

MY internet seems to be slow on receiving packets aswell when i click status on the connection icon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-browsers-not-working-but-connected-to-internet.706691/
Relevancy 58.05%

My internet worked fine one day, then the next day it said "not connected to internet". My computer tried to diagnose the problem but it found nothing. My WiFi is through AT&T. all other devices have no problem.

A:my internet stopped working. says no internet connected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC
You will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
If you do not have another PC
Do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries​
For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy​Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-stopped-working-says-no-internet-connected.1172144/
Relevancy 57.62%

Internet Explorer install was attempted on an HP ProBook Win I laptop using download from the Microsoft web site nbsp Now Explorer crashes each time it is MS Applications IE 11 and Internet continuously. stall. stop Explorer install working other or to some causes launched nbsp The Stopped Working window indicates Internet Explorer 11 install causes IE and some other MS Applications to stop working or stall. continuously. Windows will close the Internet Explorer 11 install causes IE and some other MS Applications to stop working or stall. continuously. program and notify you if a solution is available but the program stalls and is unresponsive at that point and IE does not close without intervention Attempted to uninstall IE but even with hidden files displayed it does not show as an installed software Attempted to run IE in No Add-ons mode without success Attempted reinstall using a new copy of the IE download from another machine copied to a jump drive nbsp System indicates that a later version is already installed or Installer hangs and will not advance On Internet Options menu used REIS to reset to defaultsInstalled all Microsoft Win updates but same symptoms recur nbsp Attempted Restore from two available points using onboard and Win disk but none resolved the problem nbsp Using Win bit disk attempted repair and tried all four visible restore points nbsp An undetectable error in the Restore operation resulted Laptop nbsp can access Internet when another browser was temporarily installed nbsp It was removed following the test during the Restore operation Added suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54308dec-81ff-4f08-89cd-c23d77272367/internet-explorer-11-install-causes-ie-and-some-other-ms-applications-to-stop-working-or-stall?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there, im new to this forum so forgive me if I do anything that im not supposed to.

none of the programs that use internet (steam, spotify, google chrome) work and yet it says i am connected to the network and that i have internet connection.

I have ticked the box that says "obtain DNS server automatically" or something to that extent and it worked... for about 20 seconds, then the internet stopped working again. I looked again and saw that the box i had previously ticked was unticked. Please help.

P.S. could you speak in simple terms, I'm not too good with networking and DNS.

EDIT: there's nothing wrong with my router, all my other devices (iPhone, smart TV, family computer) are working fine and have internet access.

A:Internet not working yet network is connected.

Hi from Sevenforums,

Can you provide an ipconfig/all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331602-internet-not-working-yet-network-connected.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Vista OS on my laptop, I am connected to the Internet, my yahoo messenger is working fine. When I attempt to open up browser I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I did diagnos connection problem and it says Windows did not find any problems with this computers network connection.
When I start the computer in safemode IE work fine. When I first start the lap top I get a blank dos box with NTVDM.exe and then a popup that says dll.
I have done a deep scan on the computer and quarantined the few trojans or virus that were found but the issue is still there.
I also did a restore back two weeks, still the same issue. I have read a few things on the web about a web browser hijack?? not sure what this is or if this could be my issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Traci

A:IE browser not working, while connected to Internet

Hello and Welcome to TSF!

Install some of the free Internet browsers and check if you can browse the Internet with them...
If you can, then it is something wrong with your Internet Explorer...
What version of IE are you using???

Check all the options and set them on default...
Also, if you recently have installed some add-ons for IE, disable them...

Keep us posted...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-browser-not-working-while-connected-to-internet-441257.html
Relevancy 57.62%

PLEASE HELP This is needs to be resolved My computer works perfectly when connected with the wire but when I try to use my wireless internet it says the signal is excellent but when i open the internet it says quot Page load error quot I think the problem is with my computer because I ve tried to connect to other wireless sources and they say they are connected as well but my computer can t access the internet So no problem with my router just somethings up with the computers ability to connect wirelessly Please help I m not very experienced with computers or routers so please be kind and detailed I ve been trying to work on this problem for two days now and I am clueless I have a Compaq Presario v laptop It has run wirelessly previously so I have no idea whats up working. but not internet wireless My connected is Help Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Rich gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChrisNessa Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom b g My wireless internet is connected but not working. WLAN Physical Address - -A -B -B - E Ethernet My wireless internet is connected but not working. adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - F- -CD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fe f cd Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Saturday June AM Lease Expires Monday June PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter to Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description to Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address -E - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address e e Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address -E - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

My laptop is able to connect to the router through wireless, but I am not able to access internet.

Please help.

Relevancy 57.62%

For nearly a week now I have not internet to network not working! but Connected been able to get internet access My laptop automatically connects to the wireless network as usual but it says the connection is only local and so I cannot use the internet at all I am not sure if the problem is with my laptop or the livebox or the network itself - I do not think Connected to network but internet not working! it is my laptop because no one else can connect to it either the box appears to be okay and it recognised by the computer I did some research on the internet and thought it could be a DNS problem so I tried changing them but it made so difference My laptop is Vista and I have tried all the usual things like resetting the adaptor etc Here is the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name J-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E- D-CF- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ucopiacontroller net Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - B- - D-C -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C C B - AB - - E - E D B br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F -C F- D-B B -C F F br EB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ucopiacontroller net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F -C F- D-B B -C F F br EB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Connected to network but internet not working!

You "appear " to have a good wireless connection.
From your ipconfig let's see

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address> This would be the IPV4 address

PING <default_gateway_address> 192.168.1.1

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

A failure to ping might be a firewall issue,so you may need to disable "all" firewalls that are enabled(windows default and any security suites that have a firewall running)
Also make and models of modem and router?
What other devices are affected?

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-but-internet-not-working.880790/
Relevancy 57.62%

My wi-fi is connected and says I have a strong connection however whenever I open up either Internet Explorer or Chrome, both say there is no internet connection.

This has been like this for about 25 minutes now. Prior to this, I was having issues with internet for the past day and a half. It would say I was connected but had no internet access. After removing a trojan and some malware that Norton didn't let me know about and getting rid of some of the programs I no longer use (including Norton), I now had internet access showing and it's a strong connection. UNFORTUNATELY, I can't even use the internet I apparently have access to. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I've disconnected and reconnected.

Baby steps I suppose, but now I've hit a road block. I feel like I've done everything possible but what would you guys say? Anything else I could try?

EDIT: I suppose I should mention its a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7

A:Wifi Connected but Internet isn't working?

Update: I've even gone in and deleted myself from the router, assigned a new ip to my computer through the router, and reset anything and everything that could be reset. this is getting ridiculous. Can anyone help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connected-but-internet-isnt-working.200450/
Relevancy 57.62%

One day suddenly when I tried to connect to the internet to the same wifi hotspot which I generally use. The internet didn't work. Since then my laptop is connected tothe network but internet doesn't work.

ACER Windows 8.0
I obliged if anyone could help me.

Thanks

A:WiFi is connected but internet is not working

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-internet-is-not-working.1158701/
Relevancy 57.62%

I can connect wirelessly at home yahoo messenger and skype work but google chrome nor to internet, working but not web Connected browsers firefox are working this happened after windows blue screened I can connect to my mom s wireless network but then it says No internet access at wits end Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Connected to internet, but web browsers not working Corporation All rights reserved C Users Megan Ben gt IPCONFIG Connected to internet, but web browsers not working ALL Windows IP Connected to internet, but web browsers not working Configuration Host Name MeganBen-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address - -C - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe be e a c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FE-A -B - -EB- - D-FF- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - - - E-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F B -A - DD -A EF- CD A D BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDC C -B E - DC-B AA-B F CC A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F B F -ED - - B -AB A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D FE-D - D - B B- B C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Megan Ben gt nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys, my mum is running vista home and she was about to install the internet to her computer - she has just changed providers and is not currently online, and upon inserting the disk, nothing happens! she went to computer and does not see the drive there, then went to device manager and was greeted by an exclamation saying it was corrupt or something similar... since she is currently not online im wondering how I can help her fix this? Is there anything I could download on my computer then run on hers? its a ideh16xata device.... many thanks!

A:dvd/cd device not working, not connected to internet

hello
have you tried deleteing the upper and lower filters? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

good luck

PS: welcome to TSG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-device-not-working-not-connected-to-internet.888303/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

This problem has been ongoing for a few months now, butonly seems to happen when I'm connected to virgin wifi, not bt.
I have windows 7.
My laptop says I have full wifi signal and connected to the internet. However when I open up either chrome or internet explorer, neither work. Chrome takes a while to try and load the page, then comes up with this web page is not available and ERR_REFUSED_CONNECTION.
Have tried everything I can think if (virgin when tried to help me over the phone but couldn't really) please help! (Am not that techy so not sure what to do!)
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-internet-not-working.1155685/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

My modem is working perfectly, i'm on my laptop and the connection is Strong,Excellent. I try to go to my computer, i turned it on, and i couldn't see the little computer (internet)icon in the corner, i went to Control Panel> Network Connections & i couldn't see nothing there either! It's like someone completely deleted it..
is this a virus? I also ran a computer scan and there were 0 threats. This just happened all of a sudden when i turned it on.. i tried everything..restarting it, opening a new connection ( but when i did that, it said 'Hardware not found or cannot find network' or something like that ). Please help as soon as possible.. thanks to all.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude D420 laptop that has wireless connection, but when I attempt to go online I am redirected to a webpage that says internet explorer cannot display page.

I have attempted to reestablish the connection through various methods but none have worked.

Under netwrok connections LAN connection is down, but wireless connection is running.

A:Wireless connected but internet is not working

would you post the following tests

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if separate, the make and exact model of the modem

Also please make a note of the status of the light on the modem and on the router

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-but-internet-is-not-working.1056817/
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok so I have a fairly new computer that had Vista on it I got not Browser is but connected internet working the free upgrade and upgraded to Windows Home Premium I've been using for about weeks now with no problems at all Then out of nowhere approx - days ago the internet doesn't seem to want to cooperate Once in a while web pages wouldnt load and now most of the time my browser will fail to load any pages I called my ISP tech support and everything is fine on their end and I can confirm that I am indeed connected Browser not working but internet is connected because I can play multiplayer games use utorrent and occasionally msn messenger I've tried both Firefox default and IE It appears that there is some conflict somewhere that is denying me internet access I need this resolved ASAP since most of my school notes are online and it's midterm finals time While talking to tech support I was Browser not working but internet is connected advised that restoring windows to a backup may solve the problem So I did that with a backup that was days old and it worked for maybe an hour then I had the same problem I should also note that I am NOT using wireless I have a wired cable connection When the browser does decide to work I find that it is very slow Even my download speeds on utorrent have decreased drastically I find it interesting that much of the time my upload speed is significantly higher than my download I'm starting to get really frustrated so any and all help will be greatly appreciated and I hope I get this resolved soon

A:Browser not working but internet is connected

Hi.

If you have mdnsresponder.exe in the task manager, it means you have the Bonjour service. Google for how to completely uninstall.

In I.E., go to tools | internet options | connections tab | lan settings
and make sure no boxes are checked. If there are any, remove then save. Reopen I.E. and test.

If you still have trouble, set a static ip address for the lan adapter using 208.67.222.222 for preferred dns server.

If you want uTorrent to work better, look at its settings (ctrl+P) to find the incoming connections port. Then go to your router config page and set it to port forward that port to your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/41754-browser-not-working-but-internet-connected.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I just got a new hp Mini 210-1010NR. A few days ago my internet was working fine on it. My modem is fine and both it and my laptop shows that it is connected. But when I get onto Internet Explorer it shows the error 'Internet Explorer cannot display webpage.' I also try to connect through google chrome and it says 'error 10'. I can still connect using hp quick web and when I log in using safe mode. I also have a computer, on which my internet works fine using the same modem. Whats wrong with my laptop's internet? Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Jalissa

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Guys,

My Laptop is showing that it is connected to my wireless adapter but I can't access any internet sites, IE says cannot display page, Firfox won't connect and MSN messenger won't sign in. The network connections show as being connected, status is showing packets being sent and received (albeit very slow), and the icon states that I am connected with a very good signal strength but can't understand why internet isn't working.

IPCONFIG /ALL -

Host Name........................:Gemma
Primary Dns suffix...............:
Node Type........................Broadcast
IP Routing enabled.............: No
WINS Proxy Enabled...........: No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Connection:

Connection-Specific DNS Suffix.:
Description............................: 802.11b/g Wireless Adapter
Physical Address.....................: 00-0D-F0-18-4B-13
Dhcp Enabled.........................: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled.........: Yes
IP Address..............................: 192.168.2.4
Subnet Mask...........................: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway......................: 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server............................: 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers............................: 192.168.2.1
Lease Obtained........................: 20 june 2008 19:04:56
Lease Expires...........................: 20 june 2009 19:04:56

Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all. I've just bought this HP Pavilion, i5, 8gb, 1.5tb, Windows 8.1. It was fine yesterday but today I'm getting the same problem that plagued me on my last laptop.

It is intermittent, but most of the time I cannot access websites. I'm using Chrome but it's the same story in Opera and IE.

Sometimes I get a partial load, like so:

Does anyone have any ideas? My phone works fine, as does my girlfriend's laptop (also a HP Pavilion)

Please, if you reply, try to explain things like I'm 5 years old

Thanks folks

A:Internet connected but no websites working

In Internet Explorer:

Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan settings > Under Proxy server, uncheck the "Use a proxy server for your LAN......." box and click OK.
In Firefox:

Click Tools > Options... > Advanced > Network > Settings > select No proxy > click OK.
In Google Chrome:
Open Google Chrome
Click on the Menu key > Settings > Show Advanced Settings.
Scroll to the Network section > Change proxy settings.
Go to the Connections tab.
Click on LAN Settings.
Uncheck "Use a proxy for your LAN..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-but-no-websites-working.1141318/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I recently installed Vista to but Network Working Internet not Connected Home as a partition on Mac OS X and internet's been working fine up till now and I installed all the updates but when I changed to a different network connection it says I'm connected to 'local and internet' but I cannot browse any web Network Connected to Internet but not Working pages at all I Network Connected to Internet but not Working can use programs such as utorrent fine it says i'm downloading but when I boot up IE or firefox I can't connect to any Network Connected to Internet but not Working websites I tried diagnosing but it says my connection is fine BTW I am able to connect to websites on the Mac OS X partition but I can't on Vista for some reason These are what I tried so far -Uninstalled my network adapters under 'device manager' and reinstalled them with the Mac OS X disc -Used commands in command prompt -ipconfig all results in attached file -ipconfig renew release error see attached file -netsh winsock reset worked fine actually see -netsh int ipv reset reset log error see attached file -netsh int ipv reset reset log error see attached file -Looked under IE - gt Tools - gt Internet Settings reset security and the advanced tab and made sure 'worked offline' is unchecked -made sure I'm not using proxies in Internet Settings -Also some people had problems with spyware malware but I have Microsoft Security Essentials that came with the update and I don't know how to disable it and if disabling it will do anything -I also tried pinging yahoo com as well as pinging my DNS and ip address all came back w positive results Any help

A:Network Connected to Internet but not Working

Hi,

After you did all that, what happened? It looks as though the reset did the trick!

Have you rebooted yet?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285917-network-connected-internet-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Story behind it all You though working stops it's Internet connected even can skip it because i doubt it ll be useful but i decided to post it anyway Everything started when i tried installing Microsoft Office because i needed it for my college project But every single time I tried it stopped in the middle of installation showing up something like quot Error was found during installation Internet stops working even though it's connected of the product Microsoft Office Windows setup can t update one or more protected Windows files quot translation might not be exact but the point is still Internet stops working even though it's connected made So i started googling the problem tried deleting rgstrtn lck file and all other crap i could find on internet but nothing worked On one forum i found a guy who had the same problem he said he runned ComboFix and that helped Turned out it didn t work for me in the end btw So i downloaded and runned ComboFix without reading any manual whatsoever That s when my problems started Internet worked for about minutes after that time I couldn t load any site even though i was connected So i restarted my connection and again it worked for couple of minutes It was hella annoying but at least it worked But recently times between let s call it quot timeouts quot got even shorter - mins so i went to ComboFix site read there that it is not advised to use by not advanced users oh well and runned it again doing everything by the manual this time thinking quot Could it be any worse quot Turns out it can D Now i can t use internet at all even though i m connected to it I tried restarting computer and repairing internet connection but it didn t work I m using wireless web that my neighbours share with me I tried using my mobile modem device but it also doesn t work as it should I mean it works but very slow it shows up and works at kb s speed when the signal is full and it should be at least mb s I m using Asus netbook Intel Atom CPU N GHz GHz GB RAM Windows XP professional SP ComboFix log ComboFix - - - ADMIN - - - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Uruchomiony z c documents and settings ADMIN Pulpit ComboFix exe Utworzono nowy punkt przywracania Pliki utworzone od - - do - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN Ustawienia lokalne Dane aplikacji Google - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Google - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN Dane aplikacji OpenOffice org - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files OpenOffice org - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN Ustawienia lokalne Dane aplikacji Microsoft Help - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Dane aplikacji Microsoft Help - - - - ----a-r- c documents and settings ADMIN Dane aplikacji Microsoft Installer E C A-A AE- FA-AEA -E F A FBD Icon BD exe - - - - ----a-r- c documents and settings ADMIN Dane aplikacji Microsoft Installer E C A-A AE- FA-AEA -E F A FBD Icon BD exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN Dane aplikacji MathWorks - - - - ----a-w- c windows system MSCOMCTL OCX - - - - ----a-w- c windows system MSHFLXGD OCX - - - - ----a-w- c windows system RICHTX OCX - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN gstreamer- - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN config - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings ADMIN AbiSuite - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files AbiWord - - - - -------- d-----w- C PROG Sekcja Find M - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerApp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers dtsoftbus sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system sfcfiles dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers l e x sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers athw sys - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll ------- Sigcheck ------- Note Unsigned files aren t necessarily malware - - - C BDAD B DC FC D DB ... Read more

A:Internet stops working even though it's connected

Hello Bazzah I will be helping with your computer problems.From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.Always do the steps they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.Let's begin:Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE__ Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure all the options are checkedPress Scan.It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool was run.Post the contents of FSS.txt into your next message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473426/internet-stops-working-even-though-its-connected/
Relevancy 57.62%

HI there. 2 days ago, my PC started to present this problem: Internet is connected (cable), but most websites won't load. When trying to connect, it presents some kind of time expired error. When I ping, some websites will give good response and other wont and they will vary over time. What did I try to do:1) Use other programs. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, all present similar problems.2) Reset cookies, etc3) Run antivirus, antimalware4) Reset the socket using cmd (I could only use power shell, since my pc wouldn't find resetlog.txt)5) Reinstall the mobo drivers6) Checked the cablesNothing worked! To worsen things up, I uploaded to windows 10 while having this problem, hoping that this would fix the problem, but it still the same.What should I do next? Reinstall windows? buy an ethernet card? Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587219/internet-connected-most-websites-not-working/
Relevancy 57.62%

Internet is connected in my machine - I am on skype and as well as in google talk but any url i type in the browser (IE) or Opera - results in page not displayed error...

Infact i uninstalled Opera in suspicion too.. please suggest some alternatives to this problem..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/internet-connected-but-browser-not-working-456138.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The web browser on both my laptop and my wife's stops working intermittently (at the same time) yet both newsgroup downloads and Skype continue to work. We are using a wireless connection. I can get to the router by typing in it's IP address and when I reset it all is well for a while. Does anyone have a possible solution? I assume it's not the router since I can still communicate with the internet. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me resolve this problem.

Relevancy 57.62%

Every time I log into my Toshiba laptop I get two boxes pop up one says,..
C:\Users\Kimberly\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll
C:\Users\Kimberly\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll
Is this the reason my internet won't connect? I wish I could just make like it was when I very first got it put it back to factory state totally.
I know nothing really about computers so I'm sure I probably erased something I really needed. Or something stupid like that.
Help me please!!!! Lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-nothing-that-uses-internet-is-working.1147579/
Relevancy 57.62%

Working on a friends pc.  He complained of no internet access.  He has Windows 7, 64bit and uses IE 11.  He also has Firefox loaded.  Neither browser works.  IE = Page can't be displayed.  Firefox = Crash Reporter.

I currently have it im my network.  I can ping websites and get responses just fine, I can run Windows updates and it communicates fine.  I have run Malwarebytes, MSE, JRT, AdwCleaner and a few others with no findings.

I have run numerous Command Prompt commands as Administrator and nothing fixes the issue.  I have multiple other wired devices on my network along with a number of wireless devices attached and no issues with any of them.

Please advise.

bud51360

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592557/connected-to-internet-browsers-not-working/
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows 7, 64bit and using IE 11 and Firefox. Neither browser works. IE = Page can't be displayed. Firefox = Crash Reporter.
I currently have it im my network. I can ping websites by name (i.e. google.com) and get responses just fine, I can run Windows updates and it communicates fine. I have run Malwarebytes, MSE, JRT, AdwCleaner, CCleaner and a few others with no findings.

I have run numerous Command Prompt commands as Administrator and nothing fixes the issue. I have multiple other wired devices on my network along with a number of wireless devices attached and no issues with any of them.

Please advise.

bud51360

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/383028-connected-internet-browsers-not-working.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop indicates that it is connected to our modem and that it has "Internet Access". However, I can't use the Internet on any of my browsers. I've tried turning my Wi-Fi on and off, and that did not do anything. I also tried restarting my laptop and the modem, but that did not do anything either. I checked the Device Manager to see if the NIC was working properly. That said it was working just fine. Unless it's lying to me. I connected an Ethernet cable to my laptop, but I still could not get onto the Internet. I ran my computer in safe mode with networking with an ethernet cable but still could not get to the Internet. I have no idea what the problem is.
Could someone please help me out here?

A:Internet not working although laptop says it's connected

Hi there, can you type "ipconfig /all" in the command prompt and paste the addressing information so I can assist with the troubleshooting?

example

ipv4 address
subnet mask
default gateway

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/123991-internet-not-working-although-laptop-says-its-connected.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am able to connect to our wireless connection and limewire connects and works but when I try to use firefox, IE7, Messenger or try to update my avg they dont work. I have deleted all files I have downloaded in the last few days but its still not working. I also tried to run symantec antivirus and it says it could not scan for some reason so i uninstalled it, and I have also done a system restore to 2 days ago and installed Mcafee Antivirus but havent done a full virus scan with it yet. It has only happened on my laptop and not on this computer so I think its a virus but dont know what it is or how to get rid of it. Does anyone know what this is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie7-firefox-and-other-programs-not-working-but-am-connected-to-internet.611535/
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows Ultimate Internet Issue So I recently encountered an annoying issue first off let me start by saying I had a virus not sure what it was all I know is I had to use ComboFix to get rid of it it disabled my Windows Security Center and Firewall and I had to go through several things to get all of that working again Now to my current problem when I still stops am working, to router? but Internet connected I the start my computer the internet will be fine until I open an internet browser and start browsing then it will just stop working completely and nothing I do will fix it unless I Internet stops working, but I am still connected to the router? restart the computer and then it does the same thing This does not happen on my desktop Same OS or this laptop I am using Ubuntu on the internet going through the router still works on everything else connected and the laptop having the issue still shows it is connected to the router AND the internet I just can't use it Any ideas Please let me know if you need anything else from me and I will get it thank you

A:Internet stops working, but I am still connected to the router?

Confused, you state internet works fine until you open internet browser, Are you using some other internet program, FTP or some such?

Have you tried other browsers to verify it is IE? If you are using other internet programs like FTP or RSS reader, Email then it probably is IE but try another browser first.

Check out the Internet Explorer Fixit
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-stops-working-but-i-am-still-connected-to-the-router-692517.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hey dear
my toshiba laptop has os windows vista
laptop is connected with wireless access point but internet is not connected while if i connect internet cable then it is working but wireless connection is not establishing internet.
error message is ... there is no communication with primary DNS number so and so. and if i repair then it is unable to repair it. and saying that your firewall is not allowing to enter although i dont have any ip addressed network. i have automatic ip settings.

regards

A:laptop connected to DSL router but internet is not working??

please solve my problem as soon as now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-connected-to-dsl-router-but-internet-is-not-working-279669.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone New to the forum The title says it all regarding the issue I'm having It started two days ago I tried both IE amp Firefox with no Browsers working connected internet not to is computer the but success Our other laptop computer and all smartphones surf the net fine with no problem it's just confined to one laptop For security I use Eset NOD for AV Comodo Firewall and Malwarebytes all of which I've been using for - Browsers not working but computer is connected to the internet years without any issues Here's what I tried so far with no success Ran Malwarebytes scan normally and in safe mode Browsers not working but computer is connected to the internet with no infections Ran AV scan with no infections Turned off both firewall and AV still Browsers not working but computer is connected to the internet would not connect to internet Verified all browsers were not trying to connect via a proxy server Performed a system restore Cleared cache cookies history amp temp files from IE amp Firefox Unplugged and reconnected cable modem and wireless router numerous times Contacted ISP to confirm everything on their end was working All is fine as evidenced by our other computer and smartphones being able to connect normally Ran the following through the command prompt ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset Connected the laptop directly to the modem via ethernet cable We do use Open DNS so I did try changing to automatically select DNS server rather than their servers still no success I did confirm the computer is connected to the internet as I'm able to ping various websites google yahoo etc update Malwarebytes and Windows however NOD will not update Any recommendations would be greatly greatly appreciated as I'm completely stumped at this point

A:Browsers not working but computer is connected to the internet

Is anyone familiar with this issue and what else I can try?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/338494-browsers-not-working-but-computer-connected-internet.html
Relevancy 57.19%

After moving I was using a wireless Internet connection for a while but then I started using a direct connection to a router. Now I'm back to wireless but I'm having this problem, my brother has been using the wireless from the beginning and still does so I'm sure it's my computer. No browsers work, no games, nothing can connect to the Internet.
I'm running windows 7 and now the Internet icon in the taskbar is the computer monitor with a yellow triangle as opposed to the bars of wireless internet unless I'm connected or trying to connect to the wireless Internet that either says I have limited connectivity or is connected but doesn't work.
Also, sorry, I know I should be showing what comes up in command prompt but if someone could give me the commands to type in, I'll report what cones in as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 57.19%

My daughters laptop is having tones of trouble connecting to the net All browsers are giving me same quot Can t connect quot messages but automatic updates and stuff seem to be ok can someone please internet to but connected No working browser Solved: help Tech Support Guy Solved: No browser working but connected to internet System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor e x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines eMachines D Rev LXN Y B E Antivirus Norton Disabled was enabled when problems started turned it off to see if that helped ipconfig stuff Windows IP Configuration Host Name Elizabeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Belkin F D Enhanced Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - - - - B- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Generic Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- -F -D -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: No browser working but connected to internet

Uninstall Norton and run Symantec's Norton Removal Tool. After the following repairs and testing you can reinstall it.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-browser-working-but-connected-to-internet.985663/
Relevancy 57.19%

Right now I am on my laptop which is working fine on my own network and is wireless My desktop which is wired to the router says that it is connected to the internet and is receiving and sending packets On the desktop I have pinged Google and says that it can be pinged but when I try and connect to it with Google chrome Mozilla and internet explorer it just doesn t connect to it I have not been shaped and I have heaps of GB The internet is absolutely fine and works on the all pcs except I cannot view sites on my desktop All sites I can ping but not reachable on my browsers When I run diagnostics on windows It says there are no problems with my network My firewalls allow the browsers to connect I can connect to the router but nothing else There are no ip conflicts and all network configurations are automatically obtained I have reset my router but and but working Network is connected Internet pinging, no does no difference I have made sure nothing is stopping my browsers I am currently with Bigpond I m running windows Vista Network is connected and pinging, but no Internet working and my router is a Technicolor TG n v Router info w w w technicolorbroadbandpartner com dsl-modems-gateways products product-detail php id remove the dots in www at the start nbsp

A:Network is connected and pinging, but no Internet working

Do you have a data link light on the back of the computer? Also, disable your firewall program and connect. If that doesn't work, check on the compatibility of your security pack. A lot of the security packs cause problems, you may have to uninstall the 3rd party software firewall and reinstall it.

Also try resetting your I.P. Address.

Resetting IP in Windows XP

In Windows XP, use the following steps to reset the Internet Protocol:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type cmd
4. Click Ok
5. In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
6. Hit Enter Key
7. Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet. If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
8. Click Start
9. Click Run
10. Type cmd
11. Click Ok
12. In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset
13. Hit Enter Key
14. Restart Computer

Also Try Resetting IE8 to Default Options

Click Tools Tab
Click Internet Options at bottom
Click Advanced Tab on far right
Click Reset near bottom
Click Ok and Close Internet Explorer 8
Restart Internet Explorer 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-is-connected-and-pinging-but-no-internet-working.175533/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I'm running Windows 8 on a Lenovo Ideapad. After an indeterminate amount of time I can no longer browse through any browser, or update any programs (even though I am still connected to my wireless router). When I restart my laptop, the internet is working again and so on. My smartphone can still browse the internet when it ceases to work on my laptop. I have already done a Refresh, but the problem persists, can anybody help me?

A:Internet stops working until I restart, even though I'm still connected

Does it happen with both wired and wireless connections? Try to ping your router, google.com and 8.8.8.8 when it happens, see if you get replies from any of those.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working-until-i-restart-even-though-im-still-connected.1087372/
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Forum I hope I'm posting this in the right forum I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks now Internet connected but browser and email not working with apparently increasing frequency After some 'Startpaging' i e Googling I found this which has so far not working and connected Internet but browser email been working but always requires a reboot I find somewhat annoying 'coz I have to close everything like apps open browser tabs etc Click on Start In Search box type cmd Internet connected but browser and email not working then quot CMD quot will be displayed in the search results Now right-click on quot cmd exe quot Select quot Run as administrator quot Now enter this command netsh int ip reset resetlog txt Press quot Enter quot Reboot your computer Now I'd love to get some feedback with regards to these questions What could be the cause of this Is there perhaps a way to stop this from happening again short of reinstalling Win If there's Internet connected but browser and email not working no immediate fix to it is it maybe possible to reset the IP without a reboot Not sure if this is in any way related But also for several weeks now though I think longer than the IP snafu the Explorer stops working after each reboot but works just fine until I shut down my machine several hours later after it has restarted itself Many thanks InterMedDude

A:Internet connected but browser and email not working

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Review this not sure why you'd have to constantly repeat cmd :/
SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/375455-internet-connected-but-browser-email-not-working.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This first started last night after removing a bunch of malware i got from a site all was successfuly removed using spybot search connected Browser working internet while Solved: not and destory and norton anti virus Now my intenet will connect i can chat or use other programs that require Solved: Browser not working while internet connected the web but my browser will not work i have tried a few things so far including winsock and ip reset also completly removed norton from my system as i herd it caused this problem for many people still no luck browser will not work connecting wirelessly or wired ive also reset the wireless network and reset it up and still nothing If i dagnose connection problems it says check your firewall to see if it s blocking etc Im using windows XP Pro service pack on an acer laptop Internet explorer Im Solved: Browser not working while internet connected using a Linksys WRT gs Router connected wirelessly to my laptop Im not using any firewall and windows firewall is OFF this is really aggrivating any help is appreciated Im using the same internet conenct but on my Solved: Browser not working while internet connected desktop to post here and search for problems and the internet works flawlessly on the same network nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi connected Wireless with not internet signal excellent but working I have just tried to set up a wireless internet connection on my laptop but even though my computer tells me that my wireless connection is working Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working with excellent signal internet explorer simply comes up with the message Cannot display etc I am really rubbish with computers so please could you explain everything in extremely easy terms Thank-you I saw someone asking for this information on another post don t know whether it will help C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dude Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List RP v Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix RP v Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Eth ernet Controller Physical Address - F-B - C- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September C Documents and Settings Janina Luszowicz gt nbsp

A:Wireless connected with excellent signal but internet not working

Well, that is the IPCONFIG from a wired computer, the one from the failing computer is the one we need to see.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-with-excellent-signal-but-internet-not-working.624666/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys After several hours in vain searching the internet for a similar case - and its solution I now turn to you The source of my problem the way I see it is my SMC router SMCWBR T-G WLAN router to stops internet? working is if connected My problem is that my two computers my wireless music player cannot connect to the wireless network whenever the quot internet cable quot is plugged into the WAN socket of the router If I unplug the quot internet WLAN stops working if router is connected to internet? cable quot and restart the router all of the devices connect just fine My ISP WLAN stops working if router is connected to internet? has told me that the router computer whichever is connected to the quot internet cable quot has to be configured to obtain a dynamic IP address which it already was This problem started when I moved from my previous apartment to my current In my previous apartment with another ISP the router wireless network worked just fine I can thus conclude that the router worked works fine If I plug the quot internet cable quot directly into my laptop I have working internet access This means that I have working internet To summerize My router works fine if correct conditions are present and I have working internet A friend told me it might have something to do with the ip address the router receives from my ISP which makes the router unable to provide valid ip addresses for my wireless devices If this is the case I still do not know how to solve the problem My question is What should I do to make the router establish a working wireless LAN WITH the quot internet cable quot plugged into the WAN socket My operating system on one pc is Win XP professional and on the other it is Win XP Home nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have a problem that i need help with on Windows x I have a wireless router that works just fine same is the connection to the internet when I working router, PC connection but when Internet through directly to not connected connect the cable When I switch the internet cable to PC I cannot connect to any web page I receive the error quot The web page is not responding quot My internet works through cable with a static IP The details from the network adapter are the same as the router IP adress Subnet mask Default Gateway etc all the same Internet connection working through router, but not when connected directly to PC and I can see in the notification area that my computer is connected to the internet but when I open the browser to connect to a webpage I get the same error when I press the button quot Fix network connection quot from the browser it says that my connection is good but it appears to be a problem with the site When I open the Windows troubleshooter it doesn t find any errors in the adapter status i can see that I receive send packages in Command Prompt I type quot ping -t lt My IP adress gt quot and I don t get any quot request timed out quot Basically my PC is connected to the internet but the browser doesn t connect to any site When I switch the cable back into the wireless router and connect to it I can connect to any site I also tried changing the homegroup changing the adapter priority in advanced settings restarting the computer multiple times but no success I don t know what to do next reinstall the Windows maybe Ps Sorry for my bad language not native nbsp

A:Internet connection working through router, but not when connected directly to PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-working-through-router-but-not-when-connected-directly-to-pc.1124349/
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop wont display any web pages but shows that I have excellent connection.

Troubleshooter says it resets my network adaptor but it still wont work. It tells me to reset my access point so I reset the router/modem thing and it still doesnt work.

I dont even know how to run the log to show the problem. Please Help! I have windows 7.

UPDATE
Now it says I have not chosen to connect to any of the available networks but it wont let me.

A:Problems with Newtork Adaptor connected to internet but not working

I infer that you are trying to connect by Wi-Fi. Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-newtork-adaptor-connected-to-internet-but-not-working.1025821/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey! Thank you in advance for your time.
My name is Tim.
I have a desktop with Windows XP and for some reason my internet is "connected", but unavailable. I just recently moved to an apartment for school and I am paying my neighbor to use his internet. It works fine on this Win7 laptop I am using now, but the XP is still having trouble.

A:XP desktop with Netgear WG111v3 is connected, but no internet working.

Did you notice this Rule:

WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

That includes your neighbor sharing his internet connection. Closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-desktop-with-netgear-wg111v3-is-connected-but-no-internet-working.1077070/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a work PC connected to a LAN.  About every couple of days I notice a yellow exclamation point over my LAN connection that states "No Internet Access".  However, it is working just fine!  All applications work without fail.
 I've consulted our IT department, and they instructed me to send it to them to have it re-imaged.  Really?  I've searched online for articles that address this issue, but nothing has surfaced to match. Help?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0acee617-d315-423a-a663-dcd1c5e79c33/system-tray-no-internet-access-but-its-connected-and-working?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 56.33%

After a little time approx mins my internet stops responding I am still coonnected to the internet but pages will not show up I also am unable to do a manual shutdown and a forced one is required I have a Dell with Intel Pentium Dual core CPU Ghz g of memory bit op sys I have of space available on my C drive My computer is regularly cleaned and has recently had a registry cleaner Here are my ipconfig which I saw on an earlier thread Please can you help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner VISTA still but randomly connected stops Internet I'm working, gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Internet randomly stops working, but I'm still connected VISTA Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -B -F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt After Internet not responding Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -B -F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with... Read more

A:Internet randomly stops working, but I'm still connected VISTA

If it were me, I would google how to reset the TCP\IP stack (simple command), then uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers. I've heard of this before, related to people who were using P2P at the time. If you are indeed using P2P, check your Event Viewer > System for any 4226 errors.

Also, check the Application and System event logs for anything else that looks noteworthy.

What firewall are you running? Have you rebooted your router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-randomly-stops-working-but-im-still-connected-vista-363394.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Need help pls Yesterday I used Rkill and Malwarebytes to remove Antivira which was preventing me from opening programs and blocking me from Firefox and IE internet access So I think I removed that annoying malware with those programs so I can open any files w o having to go online But when I use Firefox and IE it says now quot The proxy server is refusing connections quot quot Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that's refusing connections quot amp quot IE cannot display the webpage quot I don't think I have a -bit for GMER so I am posting the DDR log below I Working.. Virus Antivira to Connected High This that Not Suspsicion is Internet think remnants of the Antivira or some or malware is still affecting my comp DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV PC Tools AntiVirus Disabled Updated E -E - bb - B - D F C A AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Disabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system Internet Not Working.. High Suspsicion that This is Connected to Antivira Virus Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files Flip Video Internet Not Working.. High Suspsicion that This is Connected to Antivira Virus FlipShareServer FlipShareServer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise engineserver exe C Program Files Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAVSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmgr exe C Program Files Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Oracle Information Rights Management Desktop sealmon exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files NBC Direct DirectPlayerCore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmon exe C Program Files Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - e - fd - - f e fc - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptsn dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com Gener... Read more

A:Internet Not Working.. High Suspsicion that This is Connected to Antivira Virus

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Remove the proxy settings.

In Internet Explorer go to Tools - Internet Options - Connections Tab - LAN Settings and remove the reference to 127.0.0.1:33440 if found, then uncheck "Use a proxy server" and check "Automatically detect settings".
===

If you use Firefox in Tools Menu > Options... > Advanced Tab > Network Tab > Connection > Settings. Select the Auto-detect proxy settings for this network option
===

Restart the computer normally.

===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

Please let me know what issues persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internet-not-working-high-suspsicion-that-this-is-connected-to-antivira-virus-554386.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi My name is Christopher Nam I have been using Comcast net for a while now I think about - years At first we = Everything internet laggy/nonexistent/sporatic/fine working,connected, paid for the wireless ver Giving us a wireless router allowing comps to access roaming and via ethernet But we started having problems where internet would just suddenly cut off or not work sometimes it would sometimes it wouldn t randomly and the only one that really worked was via ethernet Comcast kept Everything working,connected, = internet laggy/nonexistent/sporatic/fine saying it was our labtops not func correctly or w e which is total b s because they hook up fine wireless at cafe s library etc So we got fed up and brought a tech over to check it out which he said it was fine but i think he was just trying to get out fast He recommended we switch to a reg modem and buy a wireless router So we did Now we have a reg modem comcast its a motorola brand And i bought a wireless router Netgear wireless N-router From there we should not of had problems of any sort plz dont give me crap about quot well your always going to run into some kind of problem yeah i know quot Sry but on-call techs are incredibly annoying those of you who have had your share know what i mean Telling you things like their reading it off some paper Anyways point is Im using a reg modem from comcast with a wireless N-router Netgear and all machines from comp to router to modem are all saying connected working correctly connection established etc But no internet It would be really random like of time internet works fine works but slowed speed internet randomly shuts off for sec- min then works then doesn t just no working period did the whole reset thing unplug n wait etcetc nothing Next day it works No idea what the problem is any point me in direction of cause All comps are labtops comp mac via ethernet hp via wireless No one doing anything heavy duty just browsing streaming youtube or one person occasional WoWing plz dont give me crap bout WoW being cause yes I know it consumes massive net but it works fine with all other comps on net asking because I don t want to call comcast then have to call netgear comcast netgear get what I mean wireless router is N-Router Netgear WNR model nbsp

A:Everything working,connected, = internet laggy/nonexistent/sporatic/fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-working-connected-internet-laggy-nonexistent-sporatic-fine.829063/
Relevancy 55.9%

My husband s laptop stopped accessing the internet It shows connectivity to the wireless router and worked fine previously He thought the problem might be Norton Antivirus because he started clicking no instead of yes when it was doing stuff and so he asked stopped Solved: wireless internet shows connected working me to uninstall it as he was not using it He is using McAfee free from comcast I downloaded the Norton Removal Tool as the computer froze each time I tried to access Norton from the control panel It appeared that the uninstall was successful but that did not solve the problem I have read many posts here but none seem to match his problem Here is the information from the command prompt IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Solved: wireless shows connected internet stopped working Name GATEWAY-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address -E -B - -D - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys Instant Wireless Network PC Card V Physical Address - - - - B- Solved: wireless shows connected internet stopped working Dhcp Enabled No Solved: wireless shows connected internet stopped working IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Owner gt I hope I ve explained the problem adequately I sure would appreciate any assistance offered I follow directions pretty good nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve had this problem now for well over a year now although not a major problem it can be annoying Now and then my browsers ff and ie cannot access the internet server not found even though I m still connected and can communicate with skype or if i m playing poker I m still connected to the poker site with no probs There is no pattern to when this happens sometimes it s fine for day s sometimes it happens more than once a day Usually just switching the router on and off fixes the problem although very occasionally that doesn t help and i ll have to leave it for a few hours before trying again I currently have upto pc s connected wirelessly to a d-link g t but it doesn t matter which or how many pc s are connected as it can happen to any one of them regardless of whether it is the only pc swithced on or not I use winxp and my ISP is tiscali Any ideas why thanks in advance wolfee nbsp

A:applications connected but not browser

wolfee said:

Now and then my browsers (ff and ie) cannot access the internet (server not found) even though I'm still connected and can communicate with skype,Any ideas why?wolfeeClick to expand...

What are you trying to connect to when problems happens? Do you say Skype and poker site works fine, but other's wont?

If nothing works at the time problem happens (when not skype, not poker, and no ohter server works) connect a computer directly to your modem (bypass router) if you still have the problem. then it is the modem and/or the ISP itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/applications-connected-but-not-browser.584833/
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Korg quot NanoKontrol quot USB MIDI unit that is a quot control surface quot for recording programs It connected and works properly with programs on Win However in Win it is connecting but applications are not seeing the unit I assume MIDI Korg's configuration program does not detect it and my recording studio program Sonar X does not detect it The unit worked OK with Win when I first tested it a couple of months ago Win has not been reinstalled it is the is but not NanoKontrol applications seen connected by Korg same as it was when it worked Device Manager shows it as working properly It is listed in the Control Panel Devices and Printers Korg's MIDI USB driver detects it I have Korg NanoKontrol is connected but not seen by applications uninstalled restarted Win did a fresh install No help I did a System Restore back to a point BEFORE the first attempt to install it and no help I used Revo Uninstaller Pro and uninstalled the drivers and deleted the Registry entries Then restarted the PC and did another quot new quot install I'm not sure what Korg NanoKontrol is connected but not seen by applications else to do Again as I noted it works properly in Win this is a dual boot system on the same USB port although I've tried other USB ports in Win to no avail Here are some screenshots Korg Kontrol Editor Driver Install Device Manager Korg MIDI Control and detection

A:Korg NanoKontrol is connected but not seen by applications

Update. I notice in Win 8.1, where the device works properly, there is an extra entry in the Device Manager for the Windows Device Association Root Enumerator. That is not listed in Win 7, if it is supposed to. I did a search and could not find a download for the Root Enumerator, if its needed, except on the pay download sites.

Here is the Win 8 Device Manager screenshot:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348305-korg-nanokontrol-connected-but-not-seen-applications.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past few months I ve had problems with some of my quot security quot shortcuts It started when I tried to open AVG and run a scan When I click on the icon I get a pop up stating the quot program working.... Some shortcuts aren't exe quot associated with the icon has changed or moved and do I want to delete the icon I noticed that I had an AVG update come in prior to this problem so I figured it was an AVG problem and I have been working with their customer support people to try and fix it I ve also noticed that other quot security quot programs have Some shortcuts aren't working.... the same problem When I click on quot malwarebytes quot and quot whatsrunning quot I get the same box I just downloaded superantispyware and tried to run it but had the same problem with the desktop Some shortcuts aren't working.... icon I have Spyware Terminator and its working fine I haven t found any other programs that are having the same issues The tech I ve been working with at AVG has had me run uninstall and other programs trying to find the issue but we ve gotten nowhere I can t open AVG to run a scan I get the error box noted above but when I go to my Security Center it shows that quot AVG reports up to date and active quot I haven t been able to reinstall AVG because of an error with a program in Firefox called Chrome I just need some advice on how to fix the problem with the missing or moved programs so my shortcuts will work I don t believe its a virus I ve used Spy Terminator numerous times and its not finding any problems

A:Some shortcuts aren't working....

"Chrome" is a Google browserhttp://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...p;utm_medium=ha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215310/some-shortcuts-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Very often when I click on links my desktop goes absolutely nowhere. The link will change color as if it recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. The links are valid and working. My laptop has no problem opening these same links. Please help me if you know what is happening. I have searched my settings but I have not found an option to turn the links on or off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90677/some-links-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had this problem since I upgraded to Vista. All softwares I used before in Windows XP worked without any problem, but most of them now support Vista and they are giving me tons of problems everyday.
What is this happening?

A:Why softwares aren't working?

Software makers have got to rewrite their code to make it work with Vista. Keep checking the maker of the software websites for Vista updates.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/113916-why-softwares-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 53.32%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 53.32%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 53.32%

i reinstalled windows xp professional because of viruses. Now for some reason i cannot change my video settings and the display adapters arent showing up in my device manager. there is no display adapter tab. Also i cann ot get my speakers to work. the computer doesnt see that i am connecting speakers in the back of my computer but it does recognize my headset that is pluggged into the front.

A:Speakers aren't working

Did you reinstall all of the motherboard drivers and chipset drivers? These would all have to reinstalled after a fresh reinstallation of windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.896694/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 53.32%

example:

please help!

A:the colors aren't working

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is your issue just related to Youtube ? ...

Does it happen in all Browsers or just Chrome ? ...

Please fill in your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376136-colors-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just today, while I was going on YouTube to watch some videos, I turned on my speakers and played the video. For some reason, the sound didn't come out. I turned the speakers on and off, but that didn't work. I unplugged the wire hooking it up to the computer, but that didn't work either.

Please, someone help me fix this problem. I don't want to resort to buying new ones.

A:Speakers aren't working

Why not start with some details about the configuration? Also, did you try plugging earphones in the speaker jack to see if it's the computer or the speakers? I'd do that before I bought new speakers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.691053/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently got given a Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 Model: 1014

I plugged it in and went to windows update, it installed the keyboard and all working.

Now i have a program that i want to configure the F1 keys to make them do something in the program, I've done this before on my old keyboard but this time it isn't recognising.... F2 key is recognised as CTRL+Z

I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from MS website and its not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

A:F2 F3 F4..... Keys aren't working

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that those keys are not detected correctly at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57667-f2-f3-f4-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html