Windows Support Forum

Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

Q: Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 98.47%

Last Sunday my Wireless connection died My broadband supplier is SKY it s a Sky wireless router Ralink I can connect wired network working unavailable wireless using the ethernet cable but the wireless connection is unavailable Sky were unable to help said it must be a hardware issue I ve tried manually entering the TCP IP settings reinstalling the router with the Sky installation CD tried all the Windows XP Connection diagnostics etc quot View wired network working wireless unavailable Available Wireless Networks quot fails to find any Sky did not believe me when I told them I had only ever been able to see my SKY wireless connection they said I ought to be picking up neighbours as well Either side of me also have wireless connections but the router never ever saw them only my own I have tried system restore to roll back to a time when the wireless network worked OK but nothing I ve tried has fixed the problem I should add that my Sky router has been working fine for two years or so Sunday s crash coincided with a virus alert after viewing a web page about reupholstering a chair I downloaded some free anti virus software but when I tried to register it I couldn t get online so called Sky They were able to get me back online with the ethernet cable I then purchased and ran Norton Anti-virus and cleaned up the laptop generally with Ashampoo etc and various registry cleaners It should now be virus-free and optimised I can of course let you guys know the exact makes and models of everything Just wondered if you had any ideas I could try Cheers Paul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-working-wireless-unavailable.868978/
Relevancy 98.47%

I have a wireless network set up with desktops and a laptop on it one desktop is still cabled and not wireless My son has wired wireless working not machines network, and all a PS hooked to the router as well for online games I added the fourth desktop today and was able to get online for a short time but now can t get online I get the dreaded check your network connection page on that desktop He can t get online with his PS The desktop is wireless just installed it today I open up wireless and wired network, not all machines working the Netgear connection on the desktop that won t connect and there is no connection I click connect and it says the signal is excellent but then i can t get online I have checked the cable for the PS and find nothing wrong with it The other desktops one wireless and one not and laptop are fine so I am clueless as to wireless and wired network, not all machines working what is going on I have unplugged and plugged in the cable don t know what else to try for the wireless I have DSL so I have a router from the provider but there wasn t enough ports I have a network printer also so I added a second Netgear router One wireless and wired network, not all machines working port on the router from the provider has never worked I also have a wireless access point for my laptop which is new and came wireless Where do I begin to figure out the problem nancy nbsp

A:wireless and wired network, not all machines working

We fixed it, by resetting the router. The desktop and PS2 work now.

Nancy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-and-wired-network-not-all-machines-working.407522/
Relevancy 95.46%

as said in my last post i am very new to networking, so i dont want to fool around with router settings unless i know what im doing. i have a brand new wireless router by d-link DGL-4500. when i connected it up to my gigabit switch [my network is like this] motorola surfboard cable modem SB5100 d-link EBR-2310 wired router and 2 linksys SD2008 gigabit switches] when i connected up the wireless router i got this error message on the tiny screen

"The addressing of the internet side learnt thru DHCP conflicts with the addressing selected for the LAN side''

cound someone tell me "in plain english" what this means and how i can fix it so my wired and wireless connections can get along?

A:wired / wireless network conflict

It sounds like you are cascading two D-Link routers--a LAN port of the first connected to the WAN port of the second (a switch between makes no difference). They both default to using LAN addresses 192.168.0.x. The second router will then get a 192.168.0.x address for its WAN side. Hence the error message.

You can change one of the routers to use a different LAN scheme, say, 192.168.3.x.

If you would prefer that everything connected to the second router be on the same LAN as you have now use the following recipe.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

Of course, even simpler, is to just replace the wired router by the wireless and keep it for spare.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-wireless-network-conflict.863995/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello

I am trying to establish an internet connection from my wireless router using a blue ethernet cable to my desktop. My laptop picks up the signal from the router just fine but when i plugged in the blue ethernet cable into the back of my cpu i'm not getting any internet. Can someone advise me what i should do? Thanks

Relevancy 92.45%

I am networking 7 business computers to allow for sharing large files. The same 7 computers (with one exception) were previously connected wirelessly to each other and to the internet. The wireless network worked succesfully but was too slow. The internet is no longer needed on all but one of the computers and so I have removed the security key for the router from these computers. Yesterday I connected all 7 computers to a gigabit switch with CAT 6 cables and replaced the desktop PCs old ethernet cards with gigabit cards. I think all of the computers have been connected correctly, but I still have zero communication between the computers on the network. Where do I start?

Relevancy 92.02%

I have sort of an odd problem I have a desktop computer that is connect to the internet wirelessly Everything works fine there I also have an xbox connected to the desktop via working properly. fine, working Wireless not Wired an Ethernet cable I use this connection primarily Wireless working fine, Wired not working properly. to stream movies from my computer to the xbox Today in the middle of a movie the movie stopped playing and gave me an error saying xbox isn t connected to the computer any more I checked the physical connection and everything was fine I looked at my desktop running windows Wireless working fine, Wired not working properly. xp and noticed my LAN connection wasn t properly running It said I have limited or no connectivity So I tried repairing it renewing it disabling and re-enabling it Nothing worked In fact I get this error quot An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot I also noticed I have a xxx xxx IP address if that helps at all EDIT Forgot to mention I also reinstalled the driver for the LAN card nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi, Yesterday my internet stopped working on my desktop which is connected to the router- netgear dg834gt via ethernet. I also wasn't able to connect via my laptop using my netgear powerline hd ethernet adapter hdxb101, however i have no problem connecting to the internet wirelessly (and i have checked it is to my network and not a neighbours) using my laptop. By the way when using my powerline adapter it does say connected local only to the network so it can't be a wiring problem. Everything has been turned on and off and it doesn't make a difference and all ethernet cables are securely attached at the back of the router.
Cheers, Philip

A:Solved: Wired internet not working but wireless is

What operating system are you using?

for XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314095

for Vista:
http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/07/02/repairing-your-internet-connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-internet-not-working-but-wireless-is.812043/
Relevancy 92.02%

Here s my problem i have a Nvidia Nforce mbps built into motherboard and a linksys wireless g nic installed in pci slot I can access the web with my wireless connection but if i try to go directly from the modem into the computer or even if i go through the router I get a ip address when i know that my ip starts with I have done everything that I can think of to do Release renew through the command prompt Microsoft Windows XP Version work Solved: lan won't working, wired Wireless C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Jesse gt Solved: Wireless working, wired lan won't work ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WHITFORD Primary Dns Suffix whitford Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List whitford Ethernet adapter Solved: Wireless working, wired lan won't work Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - -DF- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fe df Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapt er with SpeedBooster Physical Address - F- - A- -E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe a e Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday June PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A -FE- C-A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Jesse gt now this is the first time that i have seen anything but the wireless and the ethernet controller I want to just use my wired connection any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

I have my internet hooked up to a DSL Modem and a Wireless Wired working ? not but Wireless Connection works Solved: Router But I had Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ? configured the Wireless Router wrong that I couldn t connect to it using a WiFi I was going to reconfigure it but the Netgear Router was outdated that their reconfiguring URL no longer existed So I went out and got a NEW Netgear Router Prior to the NEW Router I had a Laptop and a PC connected via DSL Cable connected in the Wireless Router Now with the NEW Router I had just purchased I connected everything just like I had done with my previous Router Wireless Connect works great but I can t connected using the DSL Cable connection It does not respond I tried connecting the cables to different ports but it didn t work My PC mainly needs the wired connection cuz it s where I play my Online games I tried playing with my Wireless connect but it lags very bad Can someone help me figure out how to get the wired connections to work Wireless Router Netgear N Wireless and Dual Band Router nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ?

how many pcs are connected by wire?

lets see an ipconfig /all with just the cable connected
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-works-but-wired-not-working.1030548/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello this is my first post as I am in somewhat desperate need of help here As of this morning I have been having a lot of problems trying to get my home network online It has been opperating just fine for a very long time until today I have different computers running at home of them running Windows XP home running Windows Vista Ultimate and a Macbook pro running both Windows & working connections Solved: no longer wired Wireless Vista Ult and OS Only one of these computers is able to connect to the internet which is the macbook it connects in both Vista and OS X and only connects through a wired Solved: Wireless & wired connections no longer working connection directly into the modem Both of the desktop s cannot connect through either the router or directly into the modem I am ignoring the laptop with windows altogether because it seems unecessary to have a th computer to test in this case The only way that I can get any internet access is by plugging Solved: Wireless & wired connections no longer working my macbook directly into my modem No other computer will work this way nor will the router I have tried many different things over the past few hours trying to get things back online with no success Here is what I have done Unplugged the router and modem for set amounts of time to reboot both I have also disabled and re-enabled my network cards on both PC s that are not getting internet Tested all of my ethernet cables and confirmed that they all work Reset my router to factory default setting s several times Disabled DHCP and manually entered the working IP address that I get from going directly into my modem on my macbook This still does not give me any connectivity even though the same IP and DNS are giving my macbook internet I have tried coordinating renewing and releasing my ip addresses in addition to rebooting my computers I have also assigned reserved addresses in my router settings to make sure there was nothing conflicting but this still did not help Both the ipconfig release and renew commands and windows repair have done nothing for me Reset the winsock entries and the IPv stacks and also flushed dns with ipconfig Disabled IPv When comparing the ipconfig info of my macbook to either of my PC s I notice that the ip address gateway and dns servers all differ and I do not understand where my PC s are getting the info My macbook is getting the correct IP which I have had for a long time and I know is correct As I said before even manually setting the correct ip on my PC s manually still will not give them a connection This all leads me to believe that the problem is with my modem and not my router since it is giving only computer internet while giving the other false info and my router is also not connecting correctly through it Here are the router and modem models that I am using with Verizon DSL Westell WireSpeed Modem mode A - - Netgear WGT v Wireless Router Here are the ipconfig snippets I took when the computers are directly connected to the modem and the router is not involved Macbook pro working wired directly to modem Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brandon-MACtop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- -C - B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - B- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - B- - -CE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc e b fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred S... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless & wired connections no longer working

Did you power cycle the modem whenever you changed the attached device? If not, that's the first thing to try. Next, try the following procedure.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect a computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Connect a second computer to another of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.
Boot the second computer.

When the computers are completely booted, let's see this for each one.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-amp-wired-connections-no-longer-working.722068/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi all Have a different problem them most I have a compaq pc running Vista bit This PC has a wired connection to a wireless netgear router which not wired working Internet but working network is in turn connected to a Linksys DSL modem To the wireless router i have laptops wirelessly connected All four computers are setup on a network so file sharing and printing can be managed The PC acts as the main file server and printer server Just overnight the PC stopped connecting to the network The internet is working fine as normal but no network connection Other laptops on the network have normal internet connectivity but cannot access anything on the PC and no printing either The PC behaviour is has also become strange Task Manager will not open in a window but the green icon will sit in the system tray None of the Network options from Control Panel or quot Network quot in the start menu will work window will open but will get blank screen Performing a ipconfig release or renew will hang for about hrs before i killed it Ran AVG and Windows antivirius and antimalware Malwarebytes without a single hit Even System Restore Internet working but wired network not working from Control Panel will not open Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Internet working but wired network not working

Sounds like you have something corrupted. Let's start by resetting the stack.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-but-wired-network-not-working.927442/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hey there I recently upgraded my motherboard CPU and memory and since then I am only able to connect working [SOLVED] network) not (Unidentified Wired Win7 connection in to the internet using my wireless connection Before the upgrade I was able to connect using my wired connection without a problem I've also added an old ethernet card to see if that can connect but it doesn't Both wired connections hang on quot Identifying quot for like one minute before settling on quot Unidentified network quot I've tried disabling enabling the adapters resetting modem and router updating router firmware uninstalling reinstalling updating adapter drivers Ran out of ideas There's another Win computer Home -bit wired to the router that can connect just fine so I'm not sure what the deal is Not sure if you need my system info or not but here it is anyway Win Pro -bit ASUS M A TD EVO AMD Phenom II X T G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB DDR PC EVGA Geforce GTX Antec TruePower Quattro W If I was unclear about anything or you [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network) need more info let me know Thanks for the help

A:[SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

eeek, I dont know sounds

what is you're isp I think maybe you would have to talk to them about it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wired-connection-not-working-in-win7-unidentified-network-543506.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello, I have a Linksys router and Everything is connected right, but if I don't have my wireless adapter in, I can't get any response from the network. There's no other computers I can test anything but when I troubleshoot the issue it says "you may not have a internet adapter" or something like that, I can't remember and it won't come up while the net is activated... Please help.

A:Wired not working, wireless is (need wired cause I'm using room mates wireless)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-not-working-wireless-is-need-wired-cause-im-using-room-mates-wireless.855453/
Relevancy 82.99%

Can someone please help me??

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I am pretty darned stumped I just recently got a new router and set it up for wireless only as everyone in my family uses that exclusively Well today I bought some Xbox live time and wanted to connect through wires Only it doesn t work at isn't wired Wireless but working all It won t even acknowledge that a wired is present in there yes both ends are secure and this is while the wireless is working I tried connecting to my computer to no avail turned the wireless off I have a Belkin Wireless Advance Router F D - v I m unsure whats the problem as everytime I fixed my internet the internet wasn t working But this time it is but it s just the wired that s not even registering to anything It s the only light on the router not lit Also when I try to connect it says Error and then a long paragraph about Logging or whatever and how I should contact my ISP which stumps me because I m connected nbsp

A:Wireless working but wired isn't

also I can not access the 192.168.2.1 page unless I'm connected wirelessly. It won't show up if I turn wireless off and use only wires.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-working-but-wired-isnt.907841/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey

I recently had a wireless router connected to my windows xp computer and working fine throughout the house, but now the router has broken and i cant connect from the modem to the computer directly with the cable. There is nothing wrong with the cable just that the router is broken, but the wireless still working using a wirless range extender. the computer cannot connect to the internet but finds a wierd ip adress and no default gateway. Any help would be appreciated

THanks guy

Raul

Relevancy 82.99%

I am currently Not working Wireless ;( Wired connected and able to view pages when Im connected to my cable modem w ehternet But when I try doing to wireless with my router and wireless card it shows that I am connected but when I try to view pages in FireFox I get quot The server cannot be found quot I did Ip config but when I did it I was connected wired If I need to do it when Im trying to view pages wirelessly please let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated Here are the results Wired working Wireless Not ;( for IP Config Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings HP Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name livingroom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nc rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nc rr com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - -BC-A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM C Documents and Settings HP Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I live in an Working Wireless Wired Not but apartment complex and my internet was out this morning Wireless Working but Wired Not so I called tech support to come look The guy ended up replacing the modem that s a part of their network with a Netgear one We have a Netgear router that didn t work with it Originally only plugging into Ethernet ports worked so I tinkered with it for a while After Googling for a while I ended up using a Belkin MAC address in the router page instead of the default The MAC address I found and used is BD C B I unplugged the modem after that and after replugging the wireless works just fine Unfortunately the wired Wireless Working but Wired Not connection no longer works Here is the ipconfig all from my laptop wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kien gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kien-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F-E - - E-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DB- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - D- -DB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd mi comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And this is when the wireless is turned off and it s plugged into the ethernet Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kien gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kien-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F-E - - E-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - D- -DB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ff d caf f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DB- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd mi comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help would be greatl... Read more

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,

I'm new to networking and have never tried a wired connection from my ps3 to pc(made one wireless connection last year on home pc). Im using a Vodafone dongle so no router. I have connected the two via ethernet cable and the connection is there but "no network access" is below the Unidentified network. tried a couple of different things but no luck. If anyone has the time or inclination to help, it would be much appreciated.

A:Ps3 to PC (W7) wired network not working

Have you tried to create a home network or adhoc network.?
In network settings one of the questions when you setup is do other users connect through this PC, say yes. and continue with set up.

Raz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142208-ps3-pc-w7-wired-network-not-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

ok so ive got my Dell precision M90 laptop dual booted with Ubuntu 7.10 gusty gibbon linux and windows xp se2 and on the ubuntu side i dont have this issue so i know its not hardware related, but on the windows side xp just wont connect to the internet through a wired connection. i can use wireless but i dont have it where i am now, only wired, and i miss my clan on rappelz. but back to the point, ive tried everything i can think of the solve the problem but to no avail. ive done everything from open everything to automatic to specific ip addresses and dns even tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing worked so any help would be fantastic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-network-not-working-205416.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi. I'm having internet issues out of no where. It started last night. My wired network computer isn't connecting but it seems the wireless is working on my phone. I searched around and saw some things like uninstalling the device adapter, that didn't work. I tried unplugging the cable mutiple times and that didn't work. I troubleshooted the network and it says it doesn't detect an Ethernet cable. I'm not sure what is going on here

A:Wired network not working?

can we see an ipconfig /all please

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-not-working.1154350/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi there I ve been searching countless web pages and saw some other people having similar problems as me but I cant find any solution to mine My internet connection was fine until the router went down for maintenance I suppose ipconfig shows that I have an IP address and default gateway as normal The connection on the wired interface is showing I m connected to the internet but I can t ping outside of the default gateway When I tethered an internet connection from another system using the same cable and socket I can use the internet on my pc I ve also tried most of the things I could find but it is still not working Here are the things I have done till now gt ipconfig release gt ipconfig flushdns gt ipconfig renew gt netsh winsock reset catalog gt netsh int ip reset reset log hit gt ran system restore gt installed new drivers for the onboard NIC gt made sure there are no proxy settings and ipv and ipv are set to automatic gt uninstalled all antivirus and disabled firewalls gt plugged in the cable to another system and the internet Wired working Wi-Fi not network but is still works My limitation is I live in an apartment where the connection is provided only via wall Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is socket to their router which I have no access to But since the wall socket is still giving internet on another system im pretty sure it is my pc s problem Please help System spec windows bit Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection nbsp

A:Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is

Post a log of ipconfig /all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-network-not-working-but-wi-fi-is.188787/
Relevancy 82.13%

Set-up my old wireless router a WRT G for my future mother-in-law Previously the PC connected to the internet directly through the modem Any wireless device we have can get on the internet without any problems The desktop is connected to the internet but can t browse google Wired DNS working problem, wireless PC facebook yahoo etc So far Used CMD to ping successfully Tried ipconfig flushdns release renew Let Windows troubleshoot the connection Double-checked IPv properties of connection Reset router restarted PC multiple times Restored default settings to Windows Firewall No other firewall installed Spybot S amp D and Microsoft Security Essentials Uninstalled a couple random registry fixer programs WRT G v has most recent firmware Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights Wired PC DNS problem, wireless working reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - -BC- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ed e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Wired PC DNS problem, wireless working Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December AM Lease Expires Tuesday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - E- - - -BC- - Wired PC DNS problem, wireless working - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BD D- A - F - FA -C E BDD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping a more technologically inclined soul can help me out with my new tech problem. Long story short is that I have a MacBook Pro w/ a functioning airport that used to connect happing to my LinsSys router version BEFW11S4 - ancient, I know. The router is connected to a cable modem. 2 days ago my internet service provider decided to throw some non-routable ISPs at me, which took a few hours to figure out and fix. Since that time my wireless router has not functioned, though the router will work with a wired connection.

I've done all the basic try it yourself fixes. Have disconnected everything multiple times. Have accessed the router and changed all the settings I can think of.

Anything other possible fixes that I don't know about or am I relegated to upgrading the router?

Thanks!

A:Wireless connection not working, wired is

Define not working... Is the SSID visible from your equipment? Can you connect via WiFi and then just no internet? Maybe a problem with the airport, have you tried to handshake with another wifi device? If the router settings are all right, and the SSID isn't broadcasting anything at all, with my limited knowledge, I'd have to call that a dead router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-not-working-wired-is.690648/
Relevancy 82.13%

On Virgin, modem connected to router connected to PC. Hasn't worked since installed, engineer came back and said it's the PC.

When I opened IE it doesn't load any pages, just keeps loading at the bottom. It says I'm connected on the icon.

The wireless works on my laptop, so I don't understand what's going on.

I've tried everything I could find online:

sfc/scannow
avast pro virus scan
disabled firewalls
ipconfig/release & renew
the netsh winstock stuff
installed registry mechanic and fixed all errors
installed firefox but for some reason it wont even open so I don't know if that works

Any help please?

Thank you very much, Ramon

A:Wired internet isn't working but wireless is?

I have moved to network forum

post two ipconfig /all

One for when your connected to your router with wireless and
One when connected by cable - make sure we know which one is which

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-internet-isnt-working-but-wireless-is.924599/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have the Comcast gateway running at my house with my laptop connecting wirelessly and I have a playstation 3 that connects through an ethernet cable. Until recently they have been able to run at the same time. Now the internet goes straight to the device tries connecting first. If my computer tries to connect to it first, it connects online. If my PS3 is booted up first, that connects. I have rebooted everything many times and even called Comcast, who provided no help and hung up on me. Please help.

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I am having an issue with the wireless on my laptop It started out as all working, Wireless works not wired network connectivity last night but Wireless not working, wired works I was able to get the wired networking up and running by using sfc scannow I have tried a couple ways to reinstall the drivers for the wireless card which is missing from the device manager and I get errors depending on how I attempt to install the On to the specifics Here is the TSG info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TKV Antivirus CenturyLink Online Security Updated and Enabled This in on a Dell Inspiron the wireless is listed on the Dell website as WLAN half mini card I downloaded the driver package from Dell and when I run the install at makes it about of the way and then I get this error quot ERROR quot HARP REL quot has occured and Setup cannot continue quot If I got to device manage and try to update the driver for the quot network controller quot I have to point Windows to the folder aand then I get this error quot The specified procedure cound not be found quot Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance nbsp

A:Wireless not working, wired works

HARP_REL_5_3 828Click to expand...

not much documented on that error other than a HP forum entry which commented on wrong driver

using the service tag number on the machine (please post the service tag number) - are you sure you have the correct driver
can we see a screen shot for the device manager and also see below for how to identify hardware - may help make sure we have the correct driver

right click on the device with a yellow!
Properties
Click on the Details Tab
Under Property - drop down
Select hardware ids
Right click and select all.
Then right click again and select copy.
Copy and paste that here.

The Hardware ID's. VEN & DEV. Look them up here.
http://www.pcidatabase.com/
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-not-working-wired-works.1028275/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a D-Link wireless router with two wired desktop computers and one wireless laptop I have had the desktops and the router for years and never had any problems The laptop was a Christmas gift I have been using both desktops and the laptop for a couple of weeks now and it s been going great until today One of my desktops has no internet connection and displays the following message quot There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network quot No other computers are having this issue I have quot Network Magic quot on the other desktop and it is showing the second desktop twice and both have the same IP address I have tried to change the IP address on the broken computer but every time I try Solved: There network sysytem conflict the an another with on is IP address it I get the following message quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP Address quot Can anyone help me fix this problem I m not a computer wiz so simple words please Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: There is an IP address conflict with another sysytem on the network

If you have any static IP addresses on your network make sure they are not conflicting with any Dhcp assigned addresses.

If your wireless network is not secured enable encryption, preferably WPA(2)-PSK.

If you are using WEP change the key or use WPA(2)-PSK instead.

If none of the above helps unplug the router and shut down all computers. Then plug in the router; then boot the computers.

If still a problem please show for all Windows computers ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-there-is-an-ip-address-conflict-with-another-sysytem-on-the-network.892333/
Relevancy 81.7%

Things are simple at home, my linksys router with my desktop wired, my wife connects wirelessly with her laptop. The wireless connection is not unsecured, i.e., you need the password, but I got this message. Wifey and I are both connecting ok. Can I ignore this? Or do I need to do something for security's sake? Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.

there is an ip address conflict with another system on the network

A:Solved: there is an ip address conflict with another system on the network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-there-is-an-ip-address-conflict-with-another-system-on-the-network.762420/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a link.sys wireless router that is hooked 2 laptops...I've had the cable modem for months and this problem has never happened before.

On my computer I am able to connect to the internet. When I turn my laptop on, a window pops up that says

"Windows-System Error
There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

How do I solve this problem?
Also all the other 2 computers are able to have a connection to the internet, but not mine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I've been having problems with my wired network adapter It no longer seems to be operating but my wireless connection still works fine I plug in the ethernet cable to my laptop and there are no LEDs lit up on either end of the CAT cable receiving plugs Normally these light up when the ethernet is active I not adapter network wired working believe that I've isolated the problem to my computer rather than the router or ethernet cord because I've attached the ethernet cord to a different Mac laptop and had an active connection I've also tried to bypass the wifi router and connect the ethernet cord directly from the the cable modem to the computer and that didn't make any difference So far I've tried the repair option on the wired network adaptor and it has instructed me to plug in an ethernet cord which is already plugged in and that didn't make any difference I've wired network adapter not working reinstalled the network adapter and that didn't make any difference I've also reset the tcp ip stack and no difference The details on my setup wired connection doesn't work Wireless does ISP comcast Type of broadband Cable Modem Arris Surfboard SB Wifi Router D link Dir Anti Virus AVG Firewall Windows firewall iponfig all output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP wired network adapter not working Configuration Host Name XXXXXX-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd wired network adapter not working dc comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-C -DE-A -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F - -B -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description EasyTether Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd dc comcast net Description Broadcom b g n Physical Address -F - -B -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a aeb ccc e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - - - -F - -B -AE- DNS Servers fd a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - -D -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F - - -AE - B CA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D C - D - - DB -D F ED D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D E -C F- F - E- CB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd dc comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd dc comcast net Description Microsoft ISATA... Read more

A:wired network adapter not working

Does it work in Safe Mode with Networking?
How about another account? - User Account - Create

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore

Download and run Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks as admin in Safe Mode with Networking.
Select options:
- Reset Internet Protocol
- Repair Winsock
- Renew Internet connections
- Reset Windows Firewall

see if this helps, if not download the portable version of Tweaking.com - Windows Repair
Run as admin in Safe Mode with Networking and de-select options:
7 / 8 / 9 / 12 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 21 / 23 / 24 / 25 / 28.01 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 33

If this fail too, then download Linux Mint MATE (Download - Linux Mint) and boot with it (no installation needed, it will run from the RAM), see if you can connect with wired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/375600-wired-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I am a college student but I am home at the moment for summer break At college I got a network signal but at my home I get little to no connection but even though I technically signal Wired working/Wireless connection low! not have a quot low signal quot I cant connect to the internet at all I use a network card with a big antenna comming out of Wired connection not working/Wireless signal low! the back of my computer it is Linksys When I move the tower around it gets various low signals stronger and lesser than eachother I use to use the Ethernet cord at my home but now I don t have the ethernet connection in my Network Connections list All I have is quot Wireless Network Connection Connection and Local Area Connection quot The wireless is the one with the low signal the connection sends and receives and the Local Area Connection has sent about and received I am not sure which one of these would be the ethernet connection and I do not know how to create one So here is the question Can anyone help me increase my signal Is it because I have a network card using an Antenna my sisters laptop in the SAME place that my desktop is in gets bars of signal from the same network Should I buy a new network card The other question Can anyone help me set up a wired network connection to add it to my Network Connections list I use to use ethernet all the time and it worked I am guessing that I some how deleted the wired connection from my network list Thanks for reading that and thank you for any help you can give me -Chris nbsp

A:Wired connection not working/Wireless signal low!

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-not-working-wireless-signal-low.824844/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello:I am infected with some kind of virus and I am not able to connect to wireless or wired internet. In Network Connections folder, I dont see any icons to connect to Wireless connection.Following things I have done so far,1) Installed the updated driver for the wireless card2) Ran MalawareBytes to cleanupWhat else should I do to get the internet working? Please let me know what information you need.I really Appreciate your help!ThanksChiragEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Infected and wireless/wired internet is not working

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321341/infected-and-wirelesswired-internet-is-not-working/
Relevancy 81.27%

So this morning out of nowhere the wired internet connection on my Wired working, not connection fine wireless desktop pc stopped working like normal I m connected but every webpage just hangs on loading and occasionally after minutes I ll get the tiniest fraction of the site loaded So there is some sort of connection going through but there s obviously a problem Wireless Wired connection not working, wireless fine works fine on all the other laptops in the house I ve tested other ethernet cables to my desktop pc to no avail and I ve tested wired connections from my laptop and they work fine I ran a scan for viruses malware etc days ago and came up clean but today I ran one and found malware infections Two were infected registry keys which seem were infected by PUP Optional SilentInstall A and PUP Optional SProtector A The third was a infected file conetinuetioSaVee uninstall exe which was infected by the above PUP Optional SilentInstall A They are now quarantined and removed I m guessing my internet problem could have been caused by these infections changing some settings somewhere which took affect after I shut down my desktop last night Now they are removed but these settings are still wrong I m unable to log into my router from my desktop it just hangs but I m able on my laptops I m running Windows and using a Netgear router DGN Any advice would be greatly appreciated I m stumped nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to connect my work laptop to the internet. It's a DSL connection which goes thru a router, then thru a wireless router. The laptop isn't wireless so I'm using a LAN cable to connect the laptop to the wireless router. It's showing a connection with "Limited or no Connectivity".

Here's the ipconfig /all:
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : TRANDOLPHR51
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : best.com
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-10-C6-E1-87-9C
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.66.113
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Note that the Default Gateway does not have an address listed.

Please help, thanks!

Relevancy 81.27%

I have suddenly started having trouble with my wireless network When I connect to my usual wireless network I get only local access When I run Vista s network diagnostics it tells me there may be a problem with my DNS configuration I have tried network working on Solved: DNS not wireless two different routers and had the same problem with both I had come to the conclusion it was an issue with my computer but my roommate has the same issue If I connect my Solved: DNS not working on wireless network computer directly to the modem I do have internet access This started fairly abruptly on Friday although for a few weeks I have been having a possibly separate issue wherein my computer would disconnect from the wireless network and then refuse to reconnect It would claim it received no response from the router Windows would suggest that low signal strength was the issue though in the list of networks available it would show full strength My computer HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit Broadcom b g WLAN Networking Modem - Motorola SB Cable Modem Time Warner Cable Router - Linksys WRV G Wireless-G Router Other router - Belkin Wireless-G Router Model F D - I normally Solved: DNS not working on wireless network use the Linksys router but switched to the Belkin assuming that the problem was with the Linksys router only to have the same issue with the Belkin When I connect to my wireless network through either router I get excellent signal strength but local access only If I connect my computer to one of the LAN ports on the router I also get only local access If I connect my computer directly to the Solved: DNS not working on wireless network modem I have internet access When connected to the wireless networks if I run Windows network diagnostics it suggests that something is wrong with my DNS configuration I normally use OpenDNS set via the TCP IPv properties dialog not the router settings but I received the same results after setting the DNS settings back to quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I thought it was my computer having the issue but I no longer think so because a my roommate has the same issue and b I visited my parents house over the weekend and had no trouble connecting to their wireless network My best guess now is that it s something to do with the modem communicating with the router Things I ve tried -Rebooting computer power cycling routers and modem -Flushing DNS -Updating router firmware -Restored both routers to factory defaults -TCP IP stack repair options suggested here The problem is still persisting and besides the annoyance of having to sit next to the modem to keep a wired connection there are two of us who need to connect so we need our wireless I ve searched the forums and found other people with DNS issues though none seemed identical to mine and most were asked to run ipconfig all and some pings so I ve done that already Here is the ipconfig all results when connected to the wireless network through the Belkin router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Lora gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pierre Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix earthlink net Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - F-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - B-F -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ad db Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - D-F - - B- - F-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local ... Read more

Relevancy 81.27%

hi,im having the same problem here,but cannot seem to get the wireless to work either.if you figure it out please post..thank

A:Solved: Wireless network not working

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working.740302/
Relevancy 80.41%

PC can see all computers PC and PC can only see each other longer not Network after virus Wired working they cannot see PC This Wired Network not longer working after virus has only happened since the virus infections earlier in this week All viruses have been cleaned or deleted with the help of Cheeseball I can ping PC PC is visible in view workgroup computers but when I click on it it says quot diningroom is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have the same version of Zone Alarm on all three computers and they previously were able to see and communicate with each other until the recent virus infection I have not made changes in ZA I am using the D-Link DI- Router I have not made any changes in the router program either because I am afraid to mess around by myself in there Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated I used Network Places all the time This is the main computer that my son uses all day long that is why I need to be able to access it from my computer nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Sometime yesterday, the linksys router at our house stopped working. XP and Vista computers can get a signal, but we can only connect to the local network and not the internet. I can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable directly from the modem, but going through the router with a cable does not work.

If you need info about my computer, please tell me how to get it.

A:Wired and Wireless internet not working through linksys, xp and vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-and-wireless-internet-not-working-through-linksys-xp-and-vista.996056/
Relevancy 80.41%

A friend s WinXP: GMail wired) when works (on working only wireless, not laptop is running Windows XP He s connected to a TP-LINK wireless router which in turn is connected to the internet through a Juniper WiMax modem All websites load fine with the exception of GMail and some google-related sites Somewhere in the middle of the redirects during authentication it just spits out a blank page and sits there This happens with FireFox and this happens with IE WinXP: only GMail not working (on wireless, works when wired) This also happens when I use a SOCKS proxy which operates on port Only GMail and the few google sites like search results don t work Everything else works fine Network connectivity is fine DNS is being resolved properly I can WinXP: only GMail not working (on wireless, works when wired) traceroute the google webservers ping yahoo everything else with no problem This isn t a cache related issue I have completely removed FireFox - deleted the profile folders and re-installed Cleared cache in IE as well - yet the problem persists This isn t a firewall antivirus issue i ve disabled them all and re-enabled them without any change There s no malware or worms viruses or rootkits of any sort Now here s the crazy part If i disconnect the laptop from the wireless router and connect it directly to the Juniper WiMAX modem it starts working fine Everything works GMail and all I connect the modem back to the wireless router and the same problem comes up again Other devices on this wireless router don t have any such problem an iPhone and another laptop So to summarise google some sites don t work when i m connected through the wireless router this problem is only on this laptop but when i connect the laptop directly to the WiMax modem everything works fine All my friend really needs is GMail to start working but that refuses to do so even through a SOCKS proxy Anyone have any thoughts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-only-gmail-not-working-on-wireless-works-when-wired.803446/
Relevancy 80.41%

I've got a laptop connected to my home wired network, and the laptop has a wireless card inside. When I plug the wired connection in to the laptop, I cannot get on the net using my wireless (my wired network does not have internet hooked up). I think this is because the gateway IP is being changed by my wired router. How do I override this to connect to both networks simultaneously and receive internet access from the wireless?

A:Wireless stops working when wired connection is made

Ummmm...a little help here? Anyone? Wanna get it working...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-stops-working-when-wired-connection-is-made.361158/
Relevancy 80.41%

Just Revived a refurbished dell laptop (Latitude e4310 13.3inch) without an os installed. I Have installed a copy of windows 7 professional but now i cant connect to the internet. I think its because there is no drivers.
I have tried installing the network drivers on the dell website with little luck.
I believe this is the hardware: http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=422c&device_search=Search

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello.

I have an Acer Travelmate 5520 notebook that is running Windows Vista Business.

It was able to find and connect to a wireless network just fine. Then I put the machine into hibernation mode and now it won't connect.
Usually I press the button on the front of the laptop to turn wireless on or off, but now the button doesn't do anything.

In device manager, `Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter' does not show up now for some reason under `network adapters'.
This network adapter is also absent from the device manager even if "Show Hidden Devices" is active.

I didn't change anything so it's weird that this problem has now come up.

I've spent the past few hours reading threads and posts online (using a different internet connection) and have not found the solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless Network Adapter not working.

I assume that there is nothing in Device Manager with a warning or error.

Check in the BIOS (Setup) to see if the wireless somehow got disabled in there.

If you can access the wireless card by removing a small cover on the bottom of the notebook remove and carefully and firmly replace the card (to fix any potential corrosion or looseness).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.1102557/
Relevancy 80.41%

So I've tried many times to set up a wireless network for my ps3 and now my ipod touch. Every time it doesn't work. I have a D-Link router..the website says DIR-625 which I think is the model..anyway.

I turned the wireless on, set the WEP key. Started the ipod touch, it finds the network, asks for the WEP password. I give it, and it connects. The D-Link settings site recognizes it and says signal quality is 100%. The Ipod says I'm connected.

Then, I try to do anything internet related, and it just doesn't load. The browser wont load any sites, the weather wont update..its as if I'm not connected..I really don't get it..

Is there something blocking it?

btw, my network consists of two computers hooked up through ethernet cables through a DSL PPoE internet service called 3Web.

Thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Never been able to get this wireless network working, and I have no idea why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-never-been-able-to-get-this-wireless-network-working-and-i-have-no-idea-why.845458/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi me again, I posted on here about 3 months ago after buying a new wireless network adapter that wasn't working and managed to sort it out. But now after getting a new motherboard etc and having to reinstall it, it's having the same problems it had before (Here's the old post - http://forums.techguy.org/networking/957125-wireless-network-adapter-wont-find.html) I tried following the steps in the same way I did before and i've got to the point no where i've restarted my pc after doing the command prompts, but this time Xirrus didn't pick up my wireless adapter or any networks etc. I don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Dazz, x

Relevancy 79.98%

Ok Here is the whole story When i got home my internet was fine Then the computer with my wireless network crashed It was windows xp I tried to install my WAP G linksys router to my laptop is today and not network My was it working wireless working but then it erased the wireless network my computer is Windows xp and my installation disk for My wireless network is not working and it was working today the router is version when it was searching for for the wireless g access point it said it could not My wireless network is not working and it was working today be found everything is connected i have a My wireless network is not working and it was working today webstar box made by scientific atlanta that i connect my router to the webstar is property of Time warner cable my Digital cable Internet and phone service i dont know if that made a difference on my laptop it says that im connected but i cant explore the internet this is what it says Wireless network connection linksys Speed Mbs Signal strength Excellent Status connected The webpage cant be displayed This is my first post on this forum because nobody else could help me Thanks for helping Alec nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

ok have read one before i post mine to see if that one could have helped me and i just got lost. if someone can plz help me the one i saw was ( http://forums.techguy.org/networking/890033-my-wireless-network-not-working.html )

A:My wireless network is not working and it was working today

Let's not try to diagnose from someone else's issue, how about telling us about your environment?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-is-not-working-and-it-was-working-today.919470/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I am new here I have an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop Everything Wired just working jack fine wireless internet not works but was functioning just fine Then windows update happened It was a critical update that cannot be undone I performed the update Immediately after all of the preinstaled HP software quit working I fought and fought and I have most of it working again but all of it is very buggy and crashes a lot HP Help and support and HP health no longer work I had to install the vista versions and I run them in compatibility mode They still don't work rite Another critical update was released and then my internet port on the side stopped working My laptop cannot connect to the internet through it but will via wireless In the hardware manager my internet card shows up as the driver failing to load It is Realtek PCB family controller Uninstalls and re installs don't work I even used a registry cleaner registry first aid to uninstall it so as to remove all the registry keys Letting windows Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine try to install Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine the driver fails as does letting the realtek software try Also every reinstall just adds a number to the end of it I am on Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine Realtek now I need to get this driver to work but it will not I am not seeing a whole lot about it so I guess this isn't a common problem Everything else I have works fine so far as I can tell I also tried using the file browser to hunt down all things realtek related and delete them Windows just gives me the new hardware box puts back what I deleted then tells me the driver failed What can I do I am very challenged with computers so please forgive me if this has a simple solution Thank you

A:Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine

Run Windows System Restore - choose a restore point prior to the installation of the Windows Update you mentioned -
START | type rstrui

What is the exact model number of the HP laptop - look on the label on the bottom.

Registry cleaners are unnecessary and can cause registry damage -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...er-401950.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post1722857

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wired-internet-jack-not-working-but-wireless-works-just-fine-583738.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I bought a new HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment stops but wireless to internet Solved: working network, connection Excellent sometime Notebook PC laptop which runs Vista I have a LynkSys Wireless router model WRT G v Since I bought the laptop I have an intermittent problem getting the internet using Internet Explorer have not tried other browers Sometimes internet works fine however sometimes I have Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working a problem when I click a link or open a new page When the problem occurs I get an error webpage stating quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot with a button on the page quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I click this button I eventually get a window that says quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network connection quot However when this problem occurs I check the network connection by going Start Connect to When I look at my network it says connected and that I have an excellent signal all bars are green To temporarily fix the problem I right click on the wireless network and click Diagnosis On the window that comes up I click quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot subtitle Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve and intermittent problem quot When I click this it looks like it goes through some repairing process and I eventually get a window that states quot The problem has been resolved quot If I go back to the webpage with the initial error and refresh f I do get the correct website and everything seems to be fine However sometimes I need to repeat this process again after minutes Other times I can go for an hour Have not see any pattern as to when the internet stops working If anyone knows how I can always have the internet without having to quot Reset the Network Adapter quot every so often that would be great Other information I use a WEP secured connection and have the network security key I always have to quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot quot after the computer goes to sleep Have not determined if this is a function of the hibernation or enough time has elapsed where I need to reset again anyway When I hardwire connect the laptop to the same router I have no issues Other than I have to stay next to the router which defeats the purpose of the laptop I have a laptop from work that runs XP and has no problems connecting wirelessly through this same router It seems like others may have similar problems but couldn t find exact solution Sorry for any repeats I wouldn t call myself computer savvy so detailed quot how to quot would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working

I'd start by downloading and installing the latest wireless drivers for that machine, that seems to be where the issue might lie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-to-wireless-network-but-sometime-internet-stops-working.869618/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all.

I have a problem with my wired network! Here's my setup:

ADSL » D-Link DSL-320T modem » Netgear FS108
» PC
» Laptop

I have the DSL-320T setup with DHCP to distribute IP addresses, but while I'm currently using the internet fine on my PC, as soon as I plug the laptop into the network, I get an IP conflict.
I've tried switching off DHCP, but the internet doesn't seem to work when I assign IPs manually.
I've tried using "/release" and "/renew" but I get the error "An error has occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection 4 : The DHCP client has obtained an IP address already in use on the network..."
I've tried all combinations of restarting the PC, Laptop, router, etc, so as to try and make it assign correctly, with no luck.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Legion_

Relevancy 76.97%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all I am using Windows Home Premium wireless router Di- and cable modem Motorola My cable modem was connected to the router's WAN port and port of the router was connected to the network adapter on my desktop Lately my Internet connection speed became really slow so I thought I'd change my setup and connect the cable modem to the desktop through USB port and keep the wired connection to the router for Homegroup and file and printer sharing Here is my problem when I connect the cable modem to the USB port I get an error message that I have two conflicting connections and as a result I don't have any Internet access at all When I unplug the network cable that connects my desktop and router modem wireless and cable Wired conflict router the USB connection is immediately recognized so I have Internet access but no Homegroup and printer access my printer is connected to the router Is there a way in Windows to setup the wireless router as a router only no Internet Other words I am trying to achieve the following setup use cable modem through USB port for Internet access Wired cable modem and wireless router conflict and use wireless router only for homegroup and printer file sharing

A:Wired cable modem and wireless router conflict

Hi there, At the surface of things, you could try and set the router with a static IP address and omit DNS setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/52120-wired-cable-modem-wireless-router-conflict.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

What is the network cofiguration that has been best for you and why? I have had good luck with Linksys and D-Link in the past. So far - no problems with compatibility.
-pist-

Relevancy 76.11%

Sorry that i've made 2 threads on this same issue, but I marked the last issue as solved and didn't think anyone would bother to look at it. Here's a link to my original thread that explains my problem:

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/500341-solved-wireless-network-not-connecting.html

I've found out that when one computer is on, the other can't use the internet. When both computers are on, only one works and the one that works constantly tells me that there is an IP address conflict with another system on the network. Please help!

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello newbie member here Not too savvy with the computer please bear with me We have a home network with one laptop and one desktop PC Cable modem router Vonage phone and things seemed to be fine months ago we bought a wireless laser printer and installed it Since then our internet - both wired and wireless - is very inconsistent Page hangups are very common Sometimes but not always we can refresh and the page will come up This happens all the time for what seems like - seconds at a time Has made the Vonage phone unusable we can t use Checkpoint to access work computers we get kicked bad and network - wired wireless Solved: connection off can t download large files reliably We took out the printer literally we put it in the garage like Solved: wired and wireless network - bad connection it was possessed but no improvement Replaced the router Replaced the modem Took off our Vonage phone Turned off firewalls Cable company has Solved: wired and wireless network - bad connection repeatedly found nothing wrong with the delivery to the house Nothing has helped What s really strange to me is that this affects the wired laptop as well as the wireless desktop When one is down the other is down when one is working the other is working We re at our wits ends Any guidance that can be provided Solved: wired and wireless network - bad connection is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I m dreaming of building a network at my workplace The endpoints are Combining network wired wireless Solved: and besides computers analytical instruments communicating via TCP IP There are several laboratories each with its own wired network that I want to incorporate into one common network I have very Solved: Combining wireless and wired network limited experience in this field I know how to set up a wireless home network with a WiFi capable router and connect to it computers equipped with wireless modems I know how to create a wired network through ethernet hubs and cables But how do I connect the separate local wired networks Let s say I have two small wired networks They are working properly independently They have the same IP range e g xxx and no IP collisions between them They have also the same workgroup name if it is important Here is how I think they should be connected Get two wireless routers with wired connection ports Connect Router LAN port to Wired Network hub through an UTP cable Configure Router to handle all computers and instruments in Wired Network Set IP number of Router to for example Repeat steps - with Router and Wired Network Set IP number of Router to for example Add IP address to the list of enabled addresses of Router Add IP address to the list of enabled addresses of Router That s it Please comment Is it totally nuts or not so hopeless Thanks Jimmy nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

As a newbie to networking I need an answer Wireless Is PC Network Solved: Secure on Wired to a question that the rest of you will probably think should be apparent Duh I got Solved: Is Wired PC Secure on Wireless Network volunteered to help set up a small network for a Food Pantry Ministry that serves several communities within about a mile radius The existing network in this little church is open-wireless linksys wireless G broadband router so the Internet Solved: Is Wired PC Secure on Wireless Network can be accessed as an afterschool HotSpot for a small youth group The church s - computers that are used intermittently during the rest of the day all have Windows XP SE I have insisted that they take steps to add security They use two of the pc for banking and payments to from grocers and other nonprofits for the food boxes Also even a hotspot needs security right So should I recommend that they add password security to network and post it on a sign inside the church for some degree of security Then hardwire any office PCs that will be used for financial transactions directly to the router If the rest of the network is wireless is a hardwired PC secure or can a PC connected wirelessly through a shared router eavesdrop on a wired PC Oh yes we have a second identical router - so if it is possible and would help to use separate passwords and daisy-chain the routers let me know Thanks Fanis nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
I have a desktop PC that is wired into a wireless router. Also a laptop that has built in wireless. The desktop connects to the internet via an ethernet cable and of course the latop via the wireless. I have tried to set up a network for transferring files etc. Also for printing from the laptop. The printer is connected to the desktop.
Does the desktop have to be wireless to create a network for these possibilities?
I would prefer to keep it wired if possible for speed and security etc.
Any help would be great.

Relevancy 75.25%

After getting infected with "Conduit" and using Microsoft malware removal tools I lost Windows. So I restored XP windows but it did not put back the network adaptors for hard wired and wireless internet connections. It took me hours of trying to get online and a call to my provider when we discovered the local network area connections for both wired ethernet and wireless did not exist. Please tell me where to find, download and install them.... Just so you understand I can click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections….. but there’s no Wireless Network Connection nor is there a wired Ethernet connection listed. The reinstall of Windows did not install them!!!! Where can I get them?

Relevancy 75.25%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

It won t ping Wired Connection working LAN not Solved: and won t connect via LAN wired connection I have some results for some commands below XP service pack - fresh from a repair reinstall Windows firewall is on - also tried it with it off Driver for network card ok It will ping to OK Ipconfig won t work Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Solved: LAN Wired Connection not working Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Solved: LAN Wired Connection not working Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache C Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred The system cannot find the file specified Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help Additional information Unable to query host name nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello I am using an hp G lap top on Vista I am unable to connect to the internet via wireless but am able to connect via ether net I am able to connect to the internet via wireless on my phone HTC sense and another laptop dell inspiron R running windows I receive the following error message from google chrome This webpage is not available The server at www google co uk can t net ether Solved: working. is working Wireless not be found because the DNS lookup failed DNS is the network service that translates a website s name to its Internet address This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network Here are some suggestions Reload this webpage later Check your Internet connection Restart any router modem or other network devices you may be using Solved: Wireless not working ether net is working. Check your DNS settings Contact your network administrator if you re not sure what this means Try disabling network prediction by following these steps Go to the wrench menu Solved: Wireless not working ether net is working. gt Settings Solved: Wireless not working ether net is working. gt Show advanced settings and deselect quot Predict network actions to improve page load performance quot If this does not resolve the issue we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall s or antivirus software s settings If it is already a permitted program try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again If you use a proxy server check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working If you don t believe you should be using a proxy server adjust your proxy settings Go to the wrench menu gt Settings gt Show advanced settings gt Change proxy settings gt LAN Settings and deselect the quot Use a proxy server for your LAN quot checkbox Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED Unable to resolve the server s DNS address I would be grateful for any help thanks Malcolm nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Sorry for the long post - just trying to explain properly Having trouble getting my home network to transfer files from one computer to another Home Wired Solved: Wireless Communicating Problem Network & network consists of Westell DSL Model from Verizon DLink Wireless Router Model DIR no security at the moment Dell XPS Desktop Windows XP Media Center Edition - SP Dell Inspiron Portable Windows XP Professional - SP HP G - CL Notebook PC Windows Home Edition I run Zone Alarm Pro and AVG with Windows Firewall turned OFF on all three computers My desktop is hard wired Solved: Wired & Wireless Network Problem Communicating to the router and the two portable computers connect to the network wirelessly Network name is quot dlink quot I want to share Drive D on the XPS amp both are shared for files and allow users to change on the network The setting is the same for the C Drive on the HP Notebook In quot Network Places quot I can see all computers and all drives on the network on all three computers I can only open the shared folder located on the HP Notebook with the two Dell Computers I cannot open any of the drive letters on any of the computers except for example Drive D will open on the XPS if I am using the XPS and I can open the Drive D on the if I am using the I get this error when trying to open any of the Shared Letter Drives Below is the SysInfo and ipconfig from each of the computers ------------------ This is my Dell XPS desktop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc YU A CN BP BL Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name xps Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - E- F- B- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is my Dell Inspiron Portable information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc W B R CN C Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name DELL Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - F- F- -BD- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained PM Lease Expires PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Card Physical Address - - -A - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained PM Lease Expires PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the HP G Portable information Tech Support... Read more

Relevancy 74.39%

I hardwired our home with Cat wired Solved: network home and wireless Building a in cable to different ethernet wall outlets throughout Solved: Building a wired and wireless network in home the house I would also like to have a wireless router located in a central location to handle any wireless connections we might need Our ISP is provided through the telephone company as a DSL system We currently operate desktop and lap top computers with the expectations of expanding it with or more in the Solved: Building a wired and wireless network in home future I need internet access to all computers and a common shared printer for at least desktop and laptop computers My system contains - Dell Dimension Desktop computer - Dell Dimension Desktop computer - Dell Inspiron E Lap top computer - HP Lap top Business use attached through VPN All running Windows XP -HP Photosmart C All-in-One Printer g and Ethernet ready DSL Modem - Westell Model E - - Rev G - Netgear Range Max Dual Band Wireless N router WNDR - Netgear ProSafe port Gigabit Switch GS I need to know the correct order in which these devices are connected and how I ve been told various and conflicting connection scenarios and need a professional solution so everything works as expected My own personal connection configuration thoughts are Internet to DSL modem DSL modem via ethernet wire to port Gigabit switch Gigabit switch via ethernet wire to wireless router Gigabit switch via ethernet wire to wired computers This in my opinion allows the wired computers to operate at the Mbps speed rather than going through the wireless router first which has a maximum speed of Mbps Is this correct or must the DSL modem connet via ethernet wire to the wireless router first then the router connects to the port Gigabit switch via ethernet wire next Also will the desktop computers need a Netgear Gigabit PCI Adapter GA to achieve a mbps connection OR is the ethernet port on these machines adequate to achieve this connection speed Any Help would be appreciated lachenkey nbsp

A:Solved: Building a wired and wireless network in home

Either way will work. HOWEVER, I would suggest putting the router between the modem and the switch simply because it will enhance your network security. Your router will then act as a gateway and help keep your data secure from prying eyes. Then connect all your internal wired devices to the switch and use the wireless only for wireless devices. Your internal network will still operate at the speed of your switch internally, but all internet will only go as fast as permitted by your ISP. Which, being DSL, is not likely to be much faster than about 3 Mbps, YMMV.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-building-a-wired-and-wireless-network-in-home.843602/
Relevancy 74.39%

A friend gave me a Linksys WRV54G wireless router which I'm using only as a wired router for my computer, tivo, and media player. After resetting it, the default settings connected everything fine. So far I've only changed the password.

In the "Wireless/Basic Wireless Settings" tab "Wireless Network Mode" is currently set to "Mixed". Should I go ahead and set that to "Disable" so no one can log onto my network? Also, in that same tab, "Wireless SSID Broadcast" is enabled. Should I disable that? Are there any other security settings I should adjust? (The firewall is enabled.)

I'm running Win 7 32-bit.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Disable Wireless for Wired Local Network?

Yes, set the Wireless Network Mode to Disabled. That is all the wireless security you need, as that actually turns the wireless off. Since the radio is also the most power hungry component you will save a little electricity and the router should run cooler.

Somewhere there is a setting for "remote access." This is to allow a login to the router from the internet; disable it if you have no need to do so. And if you do enable this make sure your login password is a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disable-wireless-for-wired-local-network.1070761/
Relevancy 74.39%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R one adding wireless Problem Solved: wired to network CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GLVA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hi - this is my first attempt at wireless and it s not going well Existing setup is Speedtouch ADSL router with output - gt small -port Solved: Problem adding wireless network to wired one ethernet hub - gt desktops and various temporary laptop connections The desktops and the router gateway have fixed IP addresses and the laptops just plug in and work - DHCP presumably This has worked for years along with powerline plugs for the laptops Now I want to add a wireless extension instead of the powerline The access point is a TP-LINK TL-WA ND All its lights are showing correctly I have plugged it into the hub with the idea of setting it up via this XP desktop Maybe this is my first mistake The quick-start guide said to connect it to the computer bring up the browser and type in the url Don t think that s a secret which I did but all I got was a blank screen - not so much as a not found So following their troubleshooting tips I went to the Networking Connections on the XP to add the address the instructions said to right-click Local Area Connection or Wireless Connection - sounds so simple - only there was no mention of wireless just LAN or high-speed Internet I tried the wizards - for adding things but there was no mention there of wireless either I pinged that address but it timed out End of narrative Conjectures follow I am running ZoneAlarm Free - a source of trouble in the past Maybe I should have plugged the AP directly into the PC Maybe I need a driver Here I must confess that I must have taken the paper Quick Start Guide out of the package to read it some time ago and it never went back and there may have been a CD as well don t remember I went on to the TP-LINK site and downloaded the manual and the guide but there was no mention of a CD in the guide Help please anyone Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

I m having problems using wired internet with a brand-new Toshiba Satellite L - L The ethernet cable works fine when used with the other Mac computer in internet New wired Solved: not laptop, working the house but I ve been unable to get any kind of internet Solved: New laptop, wired internet not working connection on the laptop The laptop recognises the cable Solved: New laptop, wired internet not working when it is plugged in but when I check the status of the connection there doesn t seem to be an IP assigned to the computer The ethernet adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller I ve tried installing the latest drivers but without any success The adapter shows up in device manager without any alerts or exclamation marks and I ve tried disabling the wireless adapter to see if that helped any My ipconfig all is ---------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name FRED Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -B - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce f f preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -AF- C- -B - -C - DNS Servers fec fff fec fff fec fff NETBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap lt AD -C - EAA- A -D B A A E gt Medita State Media Disconnected Connection specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ---------- Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

My situation sounds similar to Partha s http forums techguy org networking -setting-up-wireless-lan html with some different elements in the network set up Here at work we have a wired network Using our specified range of IPs and manually assigning them on the workstation computers we re able to access the shared files on our quot server quot machine just an Wireless/Wired & troubles file network Solved: sharing XP pro machine hosting files and we can also share our itunes libraries printers locally shared files etc We have several wireless routers set to use an internet IP within our range and set to DHCP to provide access to visitors They provide Solved: Wireless/Wired network & file sharing troubles flawless internet access but no access to our LAN which is perfect Now we have a need to allow a wireless computer access to our LAN namely iTunes library sharing The router it connects to Solved: Wireless/Wired network & file sharing troubles doesn t need to allow other connections without LAN access although that would be a perk I wasn t around when the system was installed so I don t know it too intimately but I ll do the best I can -All the wired computers and routers are connected to a Port Linksys switcher -The quot server quot machine is running a VPN -All the computers in question are Solved: Wireless/Wired network & file sharing troubles running XP Pro SP Any help would be appreciated Thanks --eric nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi

I'm having 2 computers: a Desktop and a laptop, both has Windows XP. The desktop is connected to the wireless router with LAN cable and the laptop connects using wireless connection.

I want to share files and printer between those computers but although I entered both computers to the same workgroup and enabled file and printer sharing I can't access one computer from the other.

Can you help me find what other settings should I change?

Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a wired home network running off a Netgear Router RP with two XP systems and one computer running Ubuntu I recently bought a notebook computer with the Vista operating system and added an AirLink N Wireless Router AR W I had trouble getting the wireless router to work properly with the online games I play until I configured it as wireless Adding Vista Solved: wired notebook to XP network a wireless access point according to the instructions I found on the Airlink website http www airlink com support index php cmd knowledgebase amp a viewarticle amp id My problem is that I can t get the Vista notebook to connect with any of the computers on my wired network I d like to be able to access files on my wired network from my wireless notebook Am I expecting too much Solved: Adding Vista wireless notebook to wired XP network Is this just something I m not going to be able to do My quot Network and Sharing Center quot will only show the network name I set up for my wireless conection and will not show the WORKGROUP network Solved: Adding Vista wireless notebook to wired XP network of my XP machines If I use quot Set up a connection or network quot and select quot Set up a wireless router or access point quot it will tell me to Configure this device manually quot Windows will open the device configuration web page so you can type the information manually Fill out the following information - Network name SSID - Security type and key or passphrase quot and then I am able to log into my Netgear Router from my wireless notebook connection but I can t find any place to enter a network name I ve also tried setting the network name on my Vista machine to the same network name of my XP machines made my network type private and turned on Network discovery File sharing Public folder sharing Password protected sharing as described on the Microsoft site http technet microsoft com en-us library bb aspx Follows is my IP configuration from my wireless Vista Notebook Any help that can be offered would be appreciated even if its just to tell me it can t be done Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Eldridge Solved: Adding Vista wireless notebook to wired XP network gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Eldridge-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List austin rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b c ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday November PM Lease Expires Sunday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address -A -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description isatap austin rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Eldridge gt nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I ve got Vista Business set up on two machines I Vista? connection wired Trying a Solved: network a set wireless along to single in with up can get them to connect via my wired LAN that I ve setup here without any issues I m using a Linksys WRT GX that i just want to use for wired so I ve turned off the wireless for this On one of the computers I wish to be able to access Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista? the free wireless that is provided by my apartment complex but I wish to do that via my D-Link DWL-G Wireless USB adapter I can connect to the wireless network no problem as long as I m not also connected to my wired network As soon as I plug my ethernet cable from my machine with the wireless adapter into my wired network I lose my wireless connectivity I m sure Windows Vista allows for this type of setup I just can t figure out how to set it up Any ideas pointers etc I can obviously configure the wired network in any way I want but I m limited as far as the wireless goes as it is public I currently have the wired Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista? setup to private Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista? and as I said I have no problems connecting these two I just can t also have the one machine connect wirelessly at the same time Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-set-up-a-wired-network-along-with-a-single-wireless-connection-in-vista.635431/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have an IBM Thinkpad t30 2366 with a Cisco Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter. I usually never have any issues with the wireless internet but lately everytime I go to my usual hotspots, I'm unable to browse. The wireless network icon in my tray says I get an excellent signal (I also don't get the limited or no connectivity balloon) but when I try to browse I get nothing but blank pages, that's to say, not even the "problem loading page" screen, just blank. The status bar indicates no loading going on (not filling up at all) and quickly indicates "done." all this happens only when I try to use wifi, wired browsing still works fine. I'm using firefox on windows XP SP3. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ruydiaz

A:Solved: wifi not working, wired browsing works

When you're connected to one of these hotspots, please do this.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-not-working-wired-browsing-works.889094/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 72.67%

I just set up our DSL gateway today, and my mother's computer, and mine both work on the network I setup, however, my brother's desktop required us to buy a wireless USB card, so it could detect the network. It can join, but only gets limited connectivity.

It says that there is a conflict with an IP from another computer and to contact the administrator.

All computers running vista.

Thanks

A:There is an IP address conflict with another PC on the network

I'll assume you want a LAN where
you have you one or combination of couple hardware pieces that serve as your DSL modem and router?
You and your mother connnect via cable to the router.
Brother uses wireless to the router..
You probabably have router as DHCP server (i.e. all of your LAN equipment should request their IP addresss from the rouiter) and sounds like one unit is NOT requesting it from router rather then just creating its own

Are you familiar with procedure to logon to router and modify/change settings?

If you need further help will need make/model of router (find a metal tag on it will tell you)

And are you running XP? or Vista? You should also look in the Event Log for the error. See whcih one has the problem (sounds like wireless) and maybe give more data as well. For XP see here

/* EDIT */
Noted this after you fixed your problem and correcting my typo (in red above). Looks like you knew what i meant even tho left off the word NOT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-an-ip-address-conflict-with-another-pc-on-the-network.120037/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Everyone I had resolved conflict with arp (wireless) address MAC -a a very strange issue when setting up a DHCP reservation on my router Whilst attempting the setup my Windows computer was reporting one MAC address both under ipconfig amp through a program called Change MAC Address and my router was reporting another and NO there weren t other wireless devices connected to MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a the router which I was not aware of I Googled the subject naturally and didn t come up with much - however by shear luck I did stumble across a solution - this is what I did Opened a command prompt Typed quot arp -a quot minus the double talking marks and hit enter Opened Control Panel -- gt Network amp Sharing Center -- gt Change Adaptor Settings Right clicked on Wi-Fi Adapter amp selected properties Double clicked quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv quot At this point another Properties dialog box opens Clicked on OK didn t change any of the values Clicked on OK again didn t change any values Ran the quot arp -a quot command again Rebooted the Wireless Router amp the computer I did attempt various reboot combinations with the Wireless Router and the laptop before running the quot arp -a quot command as stated above however these efforts didn t prove fruitful I hope that this helps somebody else out there on the web Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a

Davo,

What kind of router do you have? I think if you do not understand the arp -a command is only for display and cannot be used for configuration.

The arp -a IP address - MAC address binding.

If you have a small scale routers, i do not think you can create and IP address to MAC Address binding on them.

Thanks
NT2IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-address-conflict-wireless-resolved-with-arp-a.1087483/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Everyone I had a very strange issue when setting up a DHCP reservation on my router Whilst attempting -a MAC address with conflict resolved arp (wireless) the setup my Windows computer was reporting one MAC address both under MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a ipconfig amp through a program called Change MAC Address and my router was reporting another and NO there weren't other wireless devices connected to the router which I was not aware of I Googled the subject naturally and didn't come up with much - however by shear luck I did stumble across a solution - this is what I did Opened MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a a command prompt Typed quot arp -a quot minus the double talking marks and hit enter Opened Control Panel -- gt Network amp Sharing Center -- gt Change Adaptor Settings Right clicked on Wi-Fi Adapter amp selected properties MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a Double clicked quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv quot At this point another Properties dialog box opens Clicked on OK didn't change any of the values Clicked on OK again didn't change any values Ran the quot arp -a quot command again Rebooted the Wireless Router amp the computer I did attempt various reboot combinations with the Wireless Router and the laptop before running the quot arp -a quot command as stated above however these efforts didn't prove fruitful I hope that this helps somebody else out there on the web Kind Regards Davo

A:MAC address conflict (wireless) resolved with arp -a

Arp command

Code:
-a Displays current ARP entries by interrogating the current
protocol data. If inet_addr is specified, the IP and Physical
addresses for only the specified computer are displayed. If
more than one network interface uses ARP, entries for each ARP
table are displayed.

-g Same as -a.
I'm curious why you think arp -a fixed your issue.

Did you use the change mac progran before this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276286-mac-address-conflict-wireless-resolved-arp.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi. We have 3 computers connected to our router via cable and the network works just fine. Recently 2 friends of ours have joined our network with their laptops via wireless and it still worked fine. However, when another friend stopped by and wanted to connect (again via wireless) as soon as she connected to the router the whole network stopped working for everybody. I tried to give her a static IP so there wouldn't be a conflict anywhere but that didn't help. If I connected her through the cable, then everything was fine. But as soon as she tried wireless, the whole network stopped working again. None of the other computers cause this problem, just hers. Whenever she tries to connect, the network always stops working for everybody.
All the systems are win 7. the router is : cisco RangePlus Wireless Router, WRT110

A:network stops working when a laptop joins the network via wireless

Make sure she has the latest and correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's site if the adapter is integrated).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-stops-working-when-a-laptop-joins-the-network-via-wireless.1086673/
Relevancy 71.81%

So my setup I Bridged IP Conflict Network Address have my Toshiba Laptop running Windows setup with a bridged network connection Out Bridged Network IP Address Conflict of the Ethernet port on my laptop I m running a cable to my desktop desktop runs Windows Home Premium When I bridge the connections my desktop pops up a message saying quot Network Error Windows has detected an IP address conflict Another computer on this Bridged Network IP Address Conflict network has the same IP address as this computer Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue More details are available in the Windows System event log quot When it comes to actually accessing the internet my laptop does just fine but the main issue my desktop has no internet access It is my hope that I can actually fix that A few Bridged Network IP Address Conflict other things to note as well at one point my bridged network worked just fine Probably weeks ago was the first time I setup the bridged network and it was working just fine Then about a week ago I went on a little vacation and I decided to bring my whole setup with me When I got there I set everything up and my bridged network worked just fine absolutely no issues I eventually left and came home yesterday set everything up and now the bridged network is no longer working I ve spent maybe or hours trying to tinker with the issue but with no avail And now I m looking for some outside help From what I can tell ipconfig all provides a good deal of information so I ll be sending that your way Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users senra gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Repmokk-pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver Physical Address - C-FA- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d aba e be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Friday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - - - - C-FA- - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -DB- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Bridged Network IP Address Conflict

Something else that a lot of people bring up as a solution to this issue, I have gone through the process of using the commands "ipconfig/release, and ipconfig/renew" on both computers. I even moved my desktop next to my modem and plug it into the modem's Ethernet port. I'm pretty sure it worked as it showed a different IP, though after unplugging my desktop and moving it back I still got the IP address conflict error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bridged-network-ip-address-conflict.1154139/
Relevancy 71.81%

i have this problem in my laptop's connection.
my internet connection turns on and off most of the time
and i guess the problem is the DCHP is the problem

please help.

A:IP address conflict with another system on network.

Hello,

You will need to logon to your modem or router's setting and verify that you have enough DHCP or IPs reserved to distribute in your network. If this is not the case, you may do the IP release and renew command.
http://dhcprenewrelease.blogspot.com...-and-type.html

If the above suggestion didnt help, then a Power Cycle might help.
http://howtopowercycle.blogspot.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219641-ip-address-conflict-another-system-network.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Erm Im a complete newbie when it comes to computers and i have no idea what this means haha last time this happend we were charged for soemone to come to our house and fix address network?? on IP with system conflict another it Now im only a kid but i hear this is fixable by yourself i dont want my mom to have to pay alot of money to fix this thing So the problem is that every now and then quot IP address conflict with another system on network quot comes up in the bottom right corner of the IP address conflict with another system on network?? screen then IP address conflict with another system on network?? i cant use the internet I just unplug then replug my router thingy to get back on the internet But this is REALLY annoying I read that IP address conflict with another system on network?? if i go to run gt cmd gt ipconfig all that that can help people work out whats wrong so im going to post what it says if anyone can tell me how to solve this issue i will be so grateful Thank you Remember im a complete newbie so please explain things really really really simplely x Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Lewis gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name lew Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Another WRT G problem My WRT G hands address thru IP WRT54G gives wireless wired not but out an IP address to my laptop when the laptop is connected via wired to the router but the laptop s wirless NIC cannot receive an IP address from the router XP eventually hands it an APIPA address Signal strength is excellent but have limited no connectivity Linksys email support told me the problem was obviously with the WRT54G gives IP address thru wired but not wireless laptop settings I suspect the drivers for the laptop s NIC but I WRT54G gives IP address thru wired but not wireless m having trouble updating them Here s what I have -Compaq nc NIC HP WLAN W driver date -WRT G Firmware V Apr -I ve attempted changing channels but the same problem Through HP s site I downloaded the Intel PRO Wireless Driver SP exe V F Sept Followed the instructions - no change to the NIC s driver Attempted to run SWSetup SP A Sinstall exe installation told me the drivers were there Sinstall exe wouldn t even open Am I even going in the right direction focusing on the NIC driver I don t know what to try next - any response would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:WRT54G gives IP address thru wired but not wireless

use the wired approach and make sure
1) you have a new password other than the default (a general security issue)
2) set your own SSID and allow it to be broadcast for the moment.
save and restart the router

disconnect the rj45 and enable your wireless adaptor.
you should 'see the SSID name' as a possible connection point.
if you have any neighbors with WiFi, you will also see their SSIDs.
choose yours and it will attempt to connect.

you may need to play with your firewall settings for
DHCP Client, BOOTP, DNS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrt54g-gives-ip-address-thru-wired-but-not-wireless.35743/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am in a house with five computers successfully connected by wireless to a router Recently the router was reset All the to wireless address OK get IP - wired via Unable computers were able to re-connect again without any problems except one which now seems unable to get an address from the router and uses an autoconfiguration IP address instead The computer that is not working is running Vista SP but other Vista computers are connected All adapters are set to Obtain automatic IP address I have since carried out the following tests - Connected the computer via ethernet cable All OK - Whilst still connected Unable to get IP address via wireless - wired OK enable the wireless connection All OK - Disconnect the ethernet cable and keep the wireless connection active All OK - Disconnect the wireless Unable to get IP address via wireless - wired OK connection and then restart the wireless connection No IP address I have reset the IP stack using netsh winsock Unable to get IP address via wireless - wired OK reset catalog netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset reset log but this has made no difference I have removed the wireless connection from Manage wireless networks and reconnected but this made no difference I have turned off the firewall temporarily but this has made no difference It seems as if the wireless connection is unable to obtain a DHCP address via wireless but is able to obtain an address from the wired connection Can anyone suggest where to go next please I have attached the network status from the computer when connected i e when the wired and wireless connections were active Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Claire gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Claire-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List config Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- F-C -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a e ce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ece fe b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description isatap config Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Claire gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- CLAIRE-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered CLAIRE-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt E gt GROUP Registered MSHOME lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- CLAIRE-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered CLAIRE-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt E gt GROUP Registered nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

computer is intel, Msi
B75MA-E33,

all drivers are installed, and re installed.

I put in a new graphics card, and all of a sudden , it has stopped working.
I am using a wireless adapter and turned wireless on my modem to use the internet.

I prefer wired internet from the ethernet cable though - this has "broken"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380391-wired-ethernet-cable-not-working-network-adapter-not-found-red-cross.html