Windows Support Forum

Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working...

Q: Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working...

I m trying to blame Easy Cleaner for this I made a registry backup and Easy Cleaner made a backup itself before I told it to clean my registry It scanned and removed a lot of registry entries The number was staggering I rebooted later and suddenly noticed that my logon had changed Instead of the Windows XP style You know display of names to the right click one enter password etc I was back to the old Windows gray floating box with username and password entries I didn t like it So I went in and used my registry backup restarted and it was still the gray floating box I went in and used Easy Cleaner s backup and still the gray floating box So I got miffed and tried to go uninstall Easy Cleaner And I Device Add/Remove Programs and aren't working... Manager couldn t access my Add Remove Programs But naturally I could Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working... still access it through Easy Cleaner itself so I used Easy Cleaner to uninstall itself gt gt So for about a week now I have been unable to get to Add Remove Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working... Programs and I just today found out that the Device Manager under My Computer - Properties isn t working either The same thing happens with them both The computer is busy for a second like it s trying to load them And then nothing opens nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Add/Remove Programs and Device Manager aren't working...

And yes, I tried just re-enabling the welcome screen, it doesn't work. Welcome Screen is enabled, Fast User Switching is enabled - I still get windows classic logon. And sorry for the double post but this was three pages back and I really need help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-and-device-manager-arent-working.365663/
Relevancy 93.74%

hey guys like what i said above my task manager is not working at all i tried to right clicking the taskbar or other programs Manager working Task and installed aren't press ctrl alt del none of those worked this just happened days ago and yesterday i clicked on one of my mp files it said quot to use window media player log off windows log back on and then start window media player quot that's not it when i tried to edit a picture file i right clicked on the file and chosed edit which will normally have Paint open up with the picture in it but this time it gave me that quot Open With window and it asked me which program i wanted to open with quot this happened to alot of my other programs suck as Lexmark Scanner Adobe Photoshop MSN and none of them works when i clicked it so i googled my program and most of the forums mentioned something abt HiJackThis so i installed it and i got this so what's the problem with my computer please please help thanks in advance Logfile of Task Manager and other installed programs aren't working HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Task Manager and other installed programs aren't working winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxctcoms exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WlanUtility exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WLAN Service exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Personal Administrator My Documents HiJackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO ThunderIEHelper Class - A D-D - B A- F - D F - C WINDOWS system xunleibho v dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE O - HKCU Run Nokia PCSync quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe quot NoDialog O - HKCU Run PC Suite Tray quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe quot -onlytray O - Startup OneNote Screen... Read more

A:Task Manager and other installed programs aren't working

Hello,

Logfiles will only be looked at in the Security Forum. If you suspect that your

system is infected then please follow the instruction below

There are some different tools that the analyst will require after completing a few

steps. Please post in the following forum just follow the link below.

Maybe someone in our security forum would be able to better assist you.

At this point I recommend that you visit the security forum.

To get expert help with malware removal see the link below. Follow the steps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

After completing the steps you will be advised to post a log for one of

the experts to examine. Please use the link provided to post the log not

back here.

Be patient and it may take some time for someone to assist you as that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-and-other-installed-programs-arent-working-366053.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I have a number of programs that I want to get off my computer. None of them have an uninstall option. Some say to go to add/remove programs to remove them. However, none of them are listed in add/remove programs. How do I get them off my computer? Thanks.

A:How Do I Remove Programs If They Aren't Listed In Add/Remove Programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-programs-if-they-arent-listed-in-add-remove-programs.235372/
Relevancy 76.97%

About 2 weeks ago my Windows Mobile Device Center add/remove programs options stopped working. I have no idea why. When I click on the option a new window briefly appears and then closes again.

My laptop (a Dell Inspiron 1545 running Windows Vista Home Premium edition with SP2) and Windows Mobile device (an HP iPaq 214 with WM6.0) are syncing information as far as I can tell. I can manually copy documents and files between the two devices. However I cannot install any software.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Mobile Device Center and performed a hard reset on the iPaq but still nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mobile-device-center-add-remove-programs-not-working.983574/
Relevancy 73.96%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 73.53%

I have an HP G Notebook PC Recently some of my USB devices haven't been connecting because the USB aren't Divers my laptop? on Why my not Device working drivers fail to download It says they can't be Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? found I've tried to uninstall the driver in the Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop? Device Manager and plug it back in again to install it and it does the same thing Next to the drivers in the Device manager it has yellow caution signs saying something is wrong It does this for my iPod Classic Generation GB and my WD My Passport GB External Hard Drive It also is saying my CD driver has an error and that won't work when I put a CD in it Yet my mouse printer and Gigaware GB pen drive work fine and there's nothing wrong with their drivers I used them before this started happening so i figured anything I used before now will continue to work but anything new won't because the driver won't download The devices work I've tried them on another computer Updating the drivers doesn't work either I get the same error I've also tried finding the drivers myself but I haven't had any luck Any advice would be great thank you

A:Why aren't my USB Device Divers not working on my laptop?

Hi Mista Monroe,

Welcome onboard.

The infcache.1 in C:Windows/System32/DriverStore might have been corrupted. Deleteing it and allowing Windows rebuild it may resolve the issue.

Do the following:
Disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. (Desktop only) (Remove all USB devices in a Laptop)
Locate the INFCACHE.1 file in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore , right click on it, and then click Properties.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box under the Group or user names section, click Add.
In the Select Users or Groups dialog box in the Enter the object names to select text box, type Administrators, (plural) not just Administrator. Click OK.
In the Permissions for INFCACHE.1 dialog box in the Permissions for Administrators section, select to allow Full Control, and then click OK.
In the INFCACHE.1 Properties dialog box, click OK.
In the Windows Explorer window, delete INFCACHE.1 (Instead of deleteing you can rename it as INFCACHE.1bak and keep it as a backup, just in case you need to go back.)
Connect a USB device other than the one or all that Windows had trouble detecting. (That means that it has to be one that had not been connected to it earlier anytime.) This forces Windows to rebuild the INFCACHE.1 file.
This detection issue can happen several times in a row. If so, repeat steps 1-10 until the device is detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277816-why-arent-my-usb-device-divers-not-working-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello guys I own an HP DV us that came with Vista Home Premium installed I ve had some issues some ups and downs About a week ago I decided that it s time for me to downgrade one of my friends told me that it s quite easy and it s a less headache I have downgraded for Cmd, task XP and prof working aren't manager msconfig, SP2 regedit to XP professional SP I had to do some tweaks to install it and get it past Cmd, msconfig, regedit and task manager aren't working for XP prof SP2 Vista SATA driver Now I m just realizing Cmd, msconfig, regedit and task manager aren't working for XP prof SP2 that none of my essentials things are working Command prompt msconfig regedit as well as the task manager all aren t working and displaying error messages at times real fast that I can t capture them It s been really bugging me lately and I need to find a solution which is how I got led to this forum I do not have any Anti Virus so I installed AVG this morning and I got a couple of screen shots I ll be including for you guys to see if it s similar to what the thread creator has I have been keeping up with the Windows Update and actually updating to SP right at this moment I m not sure if this would be an issue against what I m trying to fix Here are the couple of shots that I have taken after running a complete computer scan This last pic popped up right after I had to restart when the scan was over I m currently doing a full scan using Malwarebytes and I ll post results as soon as it s done Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Cmd, msconfig, regedit and task manager aren't working for XP prof SP2

Have done the Malwarebytes scan and showed 2 threats.

I have attached the file log with this post.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmd-msconfig-regedit-and-task-manager-arent-working-for-xp-prof-sp2.111147/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-working-correctly-762761.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Edit: Found optional update was needed to stop this stuff from happening. If this can be deleted please do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568781/random-programs-arent-working/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

I would post in malware/virus removal just to make sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/programs-arent-working-correctly-762753.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I had this same problem happen in January and was given awesome advice to fix with command prompt, but I cant find it because it was closed. It would not go online wirelessly (still dont) so I did a system restore, now it wont undo system retore, or bring up windows update or many other programs. I was trying to find the command prompt details that we're given to me 2 months ago with no luck. I am running windows 7 home premium.

A:did system restore and now certain programs aren''t working

Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD icon in the results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /F and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart your computer. Check Disk will run at next bootup and check any files.
Also in the Elevated Command prompt you can type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing files.
If you still can't connect wirelessly, go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click devmgmt icon and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed.
What is the make and model # of your computer? On an internet computer, go to the Manufacturers support/download drivers site. Type in your make and model # and download the Chipset and WiFi network adapter driver and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/did-system-restore-and-now-certain-programs-arent-working-691109.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am on Dell Optiplex 780 running Windows 7 Professional. I recently obtained this computer from a family member. However, they could not remember the log in for it (when you first turn it on you go through ctrl-alt-del then are prompted to enter password).

I tried Ophcrack, it said it was not able to crack any passwords.

I also tried Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. This did not work either. I had a little bit of trouble with it- the username listed in the welcome screen was not one of those listed when I ran the tool. So, if someone is familiar enough with it maybe they can help me figure out what I am doing wrong? If not, some other way for me to recover or reset my password?

Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Forgot pw- recovery/reset programs aren't working (Windows 7 Professional)

Use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to enable the Hidden Administrator Account. Once that is enabled you can change the password of the the other accounts using the Administrator Account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530385/forgot-pw-recoveryreset-programs-arent-working-windows-7-professional/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a couple of devices that I want to remove that are listed under msinfo32.exe, but aren't listed under the Device Manager? How would I go about removing these?

A:How do you remove a device listed in Msinfo, but not in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-remove-a-device-listed-in-msinfo-but-not-in-device-manager.317964/
Relevancy 69.23%

To start I downloaded and installed Azureus awhile ago with no trouble at all The program ran like a & working, of download buggy, slow some aren't troubles, programs Processes sort dream and I was very very happy with it The only problem I had before this was with Graal Online a game that I had toyed around with some time before I wanted to play with it again so I downloaded and installed it The shortcut appeared on my desktop and I double clicked it to get it to run Nothing happened I waited Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow for a few seconds expecting something to appear on my screen I waited for around a minute and still nothing By now I was getting annoyed so I reinstalled it and tried again Same thing After that I uninstalled Graal figuring that the program might have been buggy It was the last thing on my mind for awhile that is Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow until I installed Azureus As I Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow said the program ran like a dream for a long while but then after a few weeks of using it it stopped working Simple as that I double clicked the shortcut on my desktop to no avail I even went as far as going into its program folder and running the exe file That didn't work either I even tried making a new shortcut but nothing would work I uninstalled Azureus and reinstalled it again Same thing happened To this day Azureus still does not work and I'm getting sick of it Now my computer is being very buggy and a bit slow at times In fact when running Mozilla Firefox I went to Nexon's website and tried installing Maplestory for the one fact that it like Graal and Azureus refused to work after awhile This time I was greeted by the download simply stopping I tried again and again perhaps or more times before I gave up Then Internet Explorer went buggy Sometimes when I try to install things the download simply refuses to launch I have already posted a HiJackThis Log and it didn't prove helpful at all I'm running MS Windows XP SP an Intel Pentium D CPU GHz I have MBs of RAM and have a RADEON X X video card Someone please help me I'm at wit's end

A:Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow

Hello

Sorry but TSF does not allow or support the use of P2P programs
Below are the rules about P2P.

Quote:

We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

I would suggest to read the rules before posting again, to make sure that you dont make the mistake again! Click here for rules and also look at the FAQ Click here to view

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/processes-and-some-programs-arent-working-download-troubles-buggy-sort-of-slow-166165.html
Relevancy 69.23%

To start I downloaded and installed Azureus awhile ago with no trouble at all The program ran like a dream and I was very very happy with it The only problem I had before this was with Graal Online a game that I had toyed around with some time before I wanted to play with it again so I downloaded and installed it The shortcut appeared on my desktop and I double clicked it to get it to run Nothing happened I waited for & troubles, working, sort buggy, programs of some slow aren't download Processes a few seconds expecting something Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow to appear on my screen I waited for around a minute and still nothing By now I was getting annoyed so I reinstalled it and tried again Same thing After that I uninstalled Graal figuring that the program might have been buggy It was the last thing on my mind for awhile that is until I installed Azureus As I said the program ran like a dream for a long while but then Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow after a few weeks of using it it stopped working Simple as that I double clicked the shortcut on my desktop to no avail I even went as far as going into its program folder and running the exe file That didn t work either I even tried making a new shortcut but nothing would work I uninstalled Azureus and reinstalled it again Same thing happened To this day Azureus still does not work and I m getting sick of it Now my computer is being very buggy and a bit slow at times In fact when running Mozilla Firefox I went to Nexon s website and tried installing Maplestory for the one fact that it like Graal and Azureus refused to work after awhile This time I was greeted by the download simply stopping I tried again and again perhaps or more times before I gave up Then Internet Explorer went buggy Sometimes when I try to install things the download simply refuses to launch I have already posted a HiJackThis Log and it didn t prove helpful at all I m running MS Windows XP SP an Intel Pentium D CPU GHz I have MBs of RAM and have a RADEON X X video card Someone please help me I m at wit s end nbsp

A:Processes & some programs aren't working, download troubles, buggy, sort of slow

We cannot help with any issues with Azureus as forum Rules prohibit it.

If you think you have other unrelated issues, post a HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processes-some-programs-arent-working-download-troubles-buggy-sort-of-slow.593190/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, i have an Inspiron 17R, the webcam used to work but now it does not!
Showing not found
Going into the device manager the imput device tag is not there.
Help!
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989930
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
Asus MoBo P7P55D LE, I tried to update my drivers using a program that detects new drivers. Unfortunately when it had finished, I did not have any sound. Speakers plug into the rear panel and headphone into the front panel. Been into the device manger and all devices are working correctly. Went to the Asus site to download the via/nvidia drivers but when they downloaded, I used the setup but windows says it cannot find the drivers, also used the Mobo disk and again windows says cannot find drivers, so at a loss. I somehow managed to get the front headphone jack working but has a permanent hiss on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks and Regards
Bob

A:Unable to get speaker working although device manager says working ok

First off NEVER use one of the sites that scans your system to see if you need driver updates. There too many posts of people having problems after using one of those sites.

You can Rollback the drivers that were installed. Go to the Device Manager, display each of the devices (one at a time) and in the properties for the device. click on Driver Tab and then click Rollback Driver. This should get you back to where you were before you did whatever update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/366911-unable-get-speaker-working-although-device-manager-says-working-ok.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a HP dv6910us Pavilion and the DVD is not listed in Device Manager. DVD Tray opens and light comes on but does not play DVD. 1st USB port on left side gets - USB Device Not Recognized.One under it works and one on the right side works.

OS Windows7 Ultimate. It is running kind of screwy so I wanted to reinstall Windows7 but with the DVD not operating Can't do it. Seems like maybe something in the register got erased or corrupted. If I can get the DVD and USB port to work I won't have to reinstall Windows 7. Anyone have any ideas or similar situation?

A:DVD (not working) not found in Device manager, 1 USB port not working

Sounds like a missing driver. Check to makes sure you have all your drivers and that they are all the most current or updated version.

HP Pavilion dv6910us Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260011-dvd-not-working-not-found-device-manager-1-usb-port-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have 2 problems that I've been trying to fix, but can't seem to fix it.

Device Manager:

As you can see, my device manager is blank( for some odd reason). So why is this happening? What did I do for this to happen, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to it.

Safely Remove:

This is also another problem that I have no idea why it happened. In the picture, when I try and safely remove a device, the device's name does not appear there. The three dots (...) appear instead. I am still able to connect USB devices and access the files in them, but I can't safely remove them from there. So what would the problem here be? Is there something wrong with my USB ports? or is it because of un-up-to-date drivers?

Also, is there a section where can I post an iPod problem?

Thanks in advanced!

A:Device Manager and Safely Remove Problem

there in nothing under device manager or safely remove

use the advanced button to upload from instead of the quick reply

ipod goes into gadgets

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/device-manager-and-safely-remove-problem-489934.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi so i have done allot of upgrading and such and i would like to remove the old obsolete drivers from windows 8.1 device manager i know they are still there that windows hides them so how can i remove them so i can reinstall my new mouse coming in the mail today, and i know there is probable more in there that i would like to clean up as well. So is there a way to see them and uninstall them?.

A:how can i remove old obsolete drivers in device manager

I just looked and there are allot of old grayed out once in there that i would like to remove is there a tool for this please?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57039-how-can-i-remove-old-obsolete-drivers-device-manager.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

When Windows is configured to show ghosted devices (non-present devices) it shows a number of missing devices - at least on my machine. So my question is how to decide what to remove in order to improve boot time?

I've managed to figure out that the Avast legacy driver entries are okay to remove along with a few other entries that were related to previously installed software. It seems that Avast's own aswclear removal tool left them behind!

Anyway, currently system restore is disabled on my machine (I make system image backups) and I see numerous entries under "Storage Volume Shadow Copies" and "Storage Volumes" - is it safe to remove these? Is there any way that "Storage Volumes" could be related to encrypted drives?

A:Remove Ghost Devices - Device Manager

Solved.

I decided to remove non present devices - other than system devices and a couple of non plug and play devices. Rebooted and everything is ok.

Storage Volume Shadow Copies has vanished but under Storage Volumes - Generic Volumes re-appear when new drives are connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/318999-remove-ghost-devices-device-manager.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello All,

I installed my fresh Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bits (build 9600), on my Acer V3-571G laptop.
Only I have a little problem.

When I go to device manager, and I want uninstall this driver.

--> Imaging devices
--> and Bluetooth,

When I Disable and Uninstall them, then, it's seems te drivers are gone!
But when I restarts mine Laptop, the Imaging devices and bluetooth, comes back?

Why is that? How I can complete remove that?
In the standard Windows 8 (not 8.1) that was possible? But 8.1?

Manny thanks..

Relevancy 64.07%

I've been advised to remove all USB devices in Device Manager but my system just hangs when i get to the last device. I have tried disabling devices in BIOS and then removing them but with the same result.

I have a problem installing a Plug and Play hub which has led me to this course of action. See previous post. http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1000940-usb-hub-install-fail-xp.html

Any further advice greatly appreciated.

Title should have read XP SP3 won't remove all devices in Device Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-remove-all-devices-in-device-manager.1002194/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

Still trying to find out why the Ports, Coms, etc don't show anywhere in Device Manager.

I noticed an old Post where it said to look in add/Remove Hardware.
Where do I find this Add/Remove Hardware option, please ?

There was also a Post to check the BIOS for this and to see if PORTS is set to Auto.
How, please.

And, if anyone has any thoughts on how to have the Ports show up in Device Manager, would be appreciative. I am fairly certain that at one time they did.
Can't imagine what might have happened.

Thanks,
Bob

A:Add/Remove Hardware, & Device manager Question, Please

Devices and Printers is probably what you are looking for to add a device. My Device Manager shows "Ports (COM &LPT)" This is in Windows 7. I notice you have XP and don't remember where it is in XP. Posting in an XP forum would probably be better than this Windows 7 forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200836-add-remove-hardware-device-manager-question-please.html
Relevancy 63.21%

HI I have searched high and low for a resolution OK When I went to add a new Bluetooth keyboard Control Panel gt Add Devices When pressing Add Device nothing happens I have two Bluetooth devices already installed are listed under quot Devices quot are quot found quot and work fine Problem is that I can not either add new devices or remove any of my Bluetooth devices already installed Click Working Remove Device Device - Not Add Stumped or Add Printer - fine the wizard starts Add Device - nothing quot Remove Device quot - when a device is highlighted for removal the system appears to be quot working quot for a moment Stumped - Add Device or Remove Device Not Working but then does not remove the device it remains Have checked that Services related to Bluetooth have not been disabled but am wondering if anyone knows if there are any specific services that would be required for Add Devices or Removal of Devices to function HID Devices and Plug and Play are Started Automatic Thanks for any help

A:Stumped - Add Device or Remove Device Not Working

Just a blind shot. Try MS Solution Center Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues . In the "Select problem area" choose " Install or Upgrade Software or Hardware" and click on " Run Now - Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows". Do report whether it resolved your problem or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150045-stumped-add-device-remove-device-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there,

I'm in a situation right now but I think I can handle it -- if not I will be posting here more often lol. Title of this thread tells you the only question I need answering right now -- can I run 'add/remove programs' using only the task manager, not the start menu? Does anyone know, and if so, what is the file I should run?

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

Jason

Relevancy 63.21%

I have windows 98se on a 4 year old computer. A few days ago the computer started acting very strange. I am connected to internet with Road Runner.

When I boot up, 'explorer' used to always come in task manager. Now it does not. But I have new items in there I can't kill - pib, tbps, wsup, wtoolsa. I tried to delete them but cannot. Went into msconfig and unchecked the boxes, but they still come back on boot up (they are always running). Sometime lexplore and rundll32 will also appear.

The big problem is that the system is now very unstable - freezing up. Keep getting the 'low resources' and 'lost internet connection' messages which I never got before.

I have run norton win doctor, adaware, and virus scans - nothing has helped.

What should I do next ?

Relevancy 62.78%

Please tell me if I m in the wrong area of this board But a friend living hundreds of miles away uses XP and ran an quot unasked for quot Pop-Up utility that said he had computer problems because of malware or spyware some unnamed entity had installed on his computer Unfortunately he doesn t remember the name of the properly" in doesn't or device "This is Manager, CD-ROM shows Device show but working quot so called spyware detector remover quot but he fell for the quot Warning quot and ran the program to CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show quot check quot his system Of course as most CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show those unrequested detect remover programs do it found many quot so called serious quot problems But would Not quot fix clean them quot unless he payed for the program From THAT point on his CD-ROM wouldn t work which it had dependably always before the Device Manager that it quot is there quot and what make model it is and also says that it is enabled and working properly but it isn t working as before And the Icon disappeared from from the My Computer folder I guess that program somehow did something to it in order to force people to pay for the program to quot fix it quot and othe so-called problems Has anybody ever heard of this Can you help me get his CD-ROM accessable and working dependably as before Please thanks jA-- nbsp

A:CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-shows-this-device-is-working-properly-in-device-manager-but-doesnt-or-show.420491/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm trying to update my computer to windows 10 and it says I need to remove "HP protect tools security Manager".I first had to remove other programs but now I can't remove the last program "HP protect tools Device Access Manager" a window pops up saying you need to be an administrator which I am on my computer. help please

Solved!
View Solution.

A:uninstall hp protect tool device access manager to remove HP...

Try this than you get an other account with full admin wrights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiTNj1pm2o easy done and you can uninstall everything, than you should enable that account when you are finished 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/uninstall-hp-protect-tool-device-access-manager-to-remove-HP/td-p/5402255
Relevancy 62.35%

Help, my device manager is not working.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit on Asus U31J laptop.  When I try to use device manager all that is shown is a white box with no devices listed.  I have checked plug and play and it seems to be enabled correctly.  I also ran sfc /scannow but it did not find anything.  Also, not sure if it is related or not, but when I try to connect my ipad or iphone to my pc to download pictures it no longer works (autorun does not start and the laptop does not appear to "see" the ipad or iphone) and also a dongle I used to use no longer works (it works on other computers though so it is not the dongle).  The usb ports do not seem to be the problem as I can use them for a mouse or external drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626963/device-manager-not-working/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am not sure if I am in the right place this is my first time on this site My problems are my Internet explorer working not manager device has been totally deleted and I think this is most of my problem with my other programs My device manager device manager not working wont work at all the error msg says that it will not work on any Internet exp earlier device manager not working than So I need to reinstall IE How do I do that free And my windows help wont work either Is this also a IE issue I have other issues as well although I am hoping that by fixing my device mgr I will be able to fix the other issues also I dont know if I gave enough info to get help I can explain more if needed Please help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc WXY J Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:device manager not working

Welcome to T.S.G windows Internet explorer download http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie if the problem persists i would recommend a system restore... this will revert any system files as well as program files, but will not touch your personal files such as desktop, and documents... to preform a system restore, click on the start menu and type "system restore" in the search and open it.. once it opens click next, then select a restore point.. for obvious reasons select one with a time and date BEFORE you first noticed the issue, then click next and finish...the process will go, restart you computer and when its finished it should have fixed your issues if not re open system restore and repet the process with an earlier restore point

Hope this helps

-Luke

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-working.1055980/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I not USB Front Ports Device Device" in Manager - Working "Unknown recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector from the front of my GX case I either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don t really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as quot Unknown Device quot within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I ve already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it s just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable nbsp I ve tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I ve tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I ve ensured the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports nbsp However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection nbsp As a result I m inclined to think this is a driver issue rather than a hardware issue nbsp Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

Do you happen to have a spare machine that you can test the adapter with?  Just as a precaution in case the adapter is faulty.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153104.0.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Have just reinstalled Windows 98 after hard disk crash, and have the following devices listed in Device Manager (Other Devices section) as having no drivers installed (Code 28).

PCI Multimedia Device
PCI Multimedia Audio Device
PCI Multimedia Device
PCI Multimedia Video Device
PCI Communication Device

None of the devices has a manufacturer name or description.

If you go into their properties, and click on reinstall drivers, no drivers are found when looking on the Windows disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I have Dell Studio 1558, when I upgraded windows from 7 to 10, bluetooth have stopped working. It disappeared from Device Manager and i can?t install it back. Does anyone know the solutions please?

Thank you

A:Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager)

Is there a key combination to turn BT on and off ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43159-bluetooth-not-working-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Something happened to my device manager that is keeping it from operating correctly When I select ANY device and select Update Driver Software it does absolutely nothing It does not bring up the window asking how you wish to look for drivers If I select ANY device and select Uninstall it does nothing not Device working manager correctly When I plug in a USB device it shows the device along with a yellow caution symbol I ran sfc scannow which did not report any problems I ran a virus and maleware check which did not report any problems But now I am unable to connect new USB devices This means I can't connect my smartphone and Device manager not working correctly perform backups or sync with my address book and calendar any longer I have not downloaded any new software but I did try going back to a restore point just in case a windows update caused this to happen But the restore displayed a message that it failed to restore properly I am afraid that if my only choice is to reload Windows that I will lose all of my installed applications which would need to be reinstalled That would be a nightmare I don't know where else to look to try to repair this situation

A:Device manager not working correctly

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried manually installing the drivers you need?

Have you considered a repair install? That could fix your problem and save your applications. We have many fine tutorials here at the forums, here's one on how to do that. Just click on the link : Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/312231-device-manager-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I need to create a batch file that install a rd party camera driver for PCI device When I install the driver in device through device manager I can do it successfully However when I try to the same I get the message 'devcon failed' with no further elaboration I provided following commands but none of them works devcon install quot C Program Files x Molecular Imaging MI Application Drivers pixci win x epixxcw inf quot nbsp quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC FF quot or after installing through device manager devcon update quot C Program Files x Molecular Imaging MI is manager devcon even though installation through fails device install/update/remove successful Application Drivers pixci win x epixxcw inf quot nbsp quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC devcon install/update/remove fails even though installation through device manager is successful FF quot or devcon remove nbsp quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC FF quot However 'devcon find quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC FF quot ' runs fine and return the message that 'one matching device found' Similarly nbsp 'devcon dp add quot C Program Files x MolecularImaging MI Application Drivers pixci win x epixxcw inf quot ' runs fine and the message I get in return is c windows system inf oem inf addd After that I also tried install update with nbsp 'c windows system inf oem inf' driver but it still fails nbsp Is there any way I could see the elaborated message about failure or I could know whats wrong with my execution of devcon Thanks Divya

A:devcon install/update/remove fails even though installation through device manager is successful

Hi,
I am afraid there seems to be no such function available for DevCon.exe to display the error messages here. In fact, The parameters in a DevCon command must appear in the order shown in the syntax. If parameters are not in order, DevCon ignores them, but
does not display a syntax error. Instead, it processes the command with the remaining parameters.

We can use the following commands  in a Command Prompt window:
DevCon help or DevCon help command.
To get the helpful information regarding the command syntax.
More information, please see:
Device Console (DevCon.exe) Commands
Best regards

Michael Shao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b0ac7ff-54d4-454a-a3d5-5fcf10aa6a10/devcon-installupdateremove-fails-even-though-installation-through-device-manager-is-successful?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 61.06%

I ve been fighting with a laptop repair for a couple days and have got nowhere My head is being minced and can t think of a way forward now So I ve discovered three problems with this laptop and think they all might be related Windows Update not working with error x - I have searched Manager Sys Update, Working Device Win & not Restore the internet for help on this and tried suggestions like starting stopping wuauserv service deleting WinUpd cache System Restore not working unable to create restore points or restore the last point is from November this gives error x Shadow Copy Timeout Again searched and tried fixing all suggestions like making sure the SysRestore services are running Device Manager is completely blank also tried suggested repairs like setting correct permissions on Enum folder in registry On top of the problem specific fix attempts I ve also done the following general fixes sfc scannow - found problems but unable to fix repaired registry from RegBack reset all Services to default ran combofix and malwarebytes chkdsk r removed McAfee have checked Windows amp Sytem folder for correct user permissions I m sure I ve done a few other things but can t recall everything I ve Win Update, Sys Restore & Device Manager not Working tried Have also tried Windows Repair but stays at quot Checking Compatibilty quot for hours Generally Windows seems to be fine except for these three issues system is quick and general useage is without issues Any ideas from a fresh look would be helpful - Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Win Update, Sys Restore & Device Manager not Working Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA KSWAA Antivirus None nbsp

A:Win Update, Sys Restore & Device Manager not Working

Have you attempted to do a system restore from Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-update-sys-restore-device-manager-not-working.1040219/
Relevancy 61.06%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Wasn't clear to me which one was correct.

I have the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard. One of its features is onboard Bluetooth.

I have it enabled in BIOS. I flashed my BIOS to the latest version, I updated my chipset to the latest driver. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver. I started Bluetooth Support Service in Windows Services.

I've tried disabling Bluetooth in BIOS then enabling it.

I have never once seen anything in my computer that hinted at Bluetooth whatsoever. No Bluetooth Radios in Device Manager or anything Bluetooth related.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
16 GB RAM

I have never tried to use it so I don't know if it ever worked before, but I have no system restore points set anyway, so that test isn't viable.

A:Bluetooth not working or showing up in Device Manager

It looks like a lot of people are having this problem with that motherboard.

One solution was to remove and reconnect the Bluetooth dongle from the motherboard port after installing the driver (yes it is removable, but it clips into the port).

Another was to make sure that the Bluetooth service was enabled in Windows.

Another solution that worked was posted by Necrosan over at ROG:"You need to install AI Suite II - specifically the Mobilink component - on your PC. (You can obtain the most recent version from the R4E ASUS website.)
Turn on bluetooth, pair the phone, open RC bluetooth, hit menu->devices. Choose previously paired device.
At this point it should "just work" if you are about 1-3 feet away from your computer. Any more distance than that and you likely will experience issues. (Yes, the range really does suck this bad.)

I just tested these exact instructions and they worked fine. Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Enjoy. "
But I think that last one was only if it shows up in Device Manager but does not connect. Can't be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368602-bluetooth-not-working-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.06%

About weeks ago I burned my last cd it would seem After that my device DVD/CD no stopped in working manager errors - LG DVD burner just sorta stopped Windows explorer can still see the drive but when I put in a DVD CD nothing shows up in explorer I can send commands to open DVD/CD stopped working - no errors in device manager the drive though The device manager reads no errors for the drive the bios detects the drive as well What I have done so far Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers Replaced the IDE cables switched back and forth from pirmary to secondary IDE cables Removed the DVD drive installed my old CD drive same things happen Set jumper settings from slave to cable and back to slave followed the Microsoft instructions on removing the upper and lower filters in the registry didn t work Tried reinstalling windows but the optical drive won t read anything so that doesn t work either I m not even sure what would cause this to happen The only thing I can think of is that a few days before this started my video card overheated and died I replaced it with my older card and continued on with now problems Any help would be much appreciated as I m ready to toss this out my nd floor window Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Since upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack my network adapter a Com C -TX-M does not appear in Device Not Does Adapter Network Manager But in Working Appear Device Manager and I therefore can t get this computer to appear on my home network The network adapter is still working because that Network Adapter Working But Does Not Appear in Device Manager s how I connect to the Internet via LAN to a router then cable broadband and IPCONFIG gives valid results including the correct IP address from the router via DHCP Hoping that this might be a glitch I installed a clean copy of XP Home on a spare hard disk The network adapter appeared in Device Manager and the computer appeared on the network I then upgraded to SP and the network adapter disappeared from Device Manager and the computer no longer appears on the network I have also tried installing a different network adapter - a completely different make and model - with no difference and forcing XP to install the Com drivers using Add New Hardware getting Error device cannot be started Attempting to set up a new network connection gets the result quot Cannot complete the Network Setup Wizard - the wizard cannot find your network hardware quot Yet it s there and working otherwise I wouldn t be able to post this request for help If anyone knows what s happening and how to fix this problem I would be extremely grateful for your assistance Thank you in anticipation nbsp

A:Network Adapter Working But Does Not Appear in Device Manager

http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=31479

This guy had the same problem. I'm not sure exactly what they did to fix the problem, but if you read through it and follow along, you should get your problem resolved by the 4th page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-working-but-does-not-appear-in-device-manager.405937/
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a long Story but here i go Yesterday i received my new PNY GeForce FX PCI video card I had some trouble installing first i didnt know i had to disable my old show DVD-R and up working in manager! Help dont not device and CD-Rom with pci card and my onboard video card which i later found i had to do and which i did So after Help with CD-Rom and DVD-R not working and dont show up in device manager! doing that Help with CD-Rom and DVD-R not working and dont show up in device manager! i installed my new video card again and everything seem to go right except on my instructions it said that after i had pluged my video card to turn my computer on and when i got to my home screen that my ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZRD Help with CD-Rom and DVD-R not working and dont show up in device manager! would appear but it never appeared The weird things is that on my device manager it said that is was enabled and it was working properly which it looked like it was So i decided to go to my next step which was to put in my cd-rom to install the drivers but when i did it did not read it or even show up on the computer that there was even a cd in it kept telling me to put the cd in So i tried using music cds and even my computer game on my DVD-R RW bu nothing So i turned my computer off and unistalled both my cd and dvd-r and i installed them againg and turned on my computer but this time it was worse no my cd and dvd would not open at least like they did before nor did they even look like they were working bc there is not light flashing at all and when i go to my device manager there is no cd or dvd drive showing so theres no way for me to enable or disable them All the wires are hooked up correctly b c i had a friend of mine who knows hot to install cd and dvd drives so i dont know what it could of been since just yesterday they were working fine or atleast opening up now the ligh wont even flash less even make a noise so Plz can someone help out by the way i have a eMachines T windows xp home edtion my video card is a PNY GeForce FX pci nbsp

A:Help with CD-Rom and DVD-R not working and dont show up in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-cd-rom-and-dvd-r-not-working-and-dont-show-up-in-device-manager.592648/
Relevancy 61.06%

I tried the regedit process, where you delete the upper and lower class filters, still I can't seem to make it work. In device manager I can see the cd drive, but not in my computer. Whats going on???

A:CD drive not working - Can't see it in MyComp but can in Device Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-not-working-cant-see-it-in-mycomp-but-can-in-device-manager.888390/
Relevancy 61.06%

I loaned a mate of mine a cd with the A+ exams training on it but after he installed it there was a serios crash on his machine and he had to go back to a recovery positioon of 2 days previos to get the machine to boot up.

His sytem is now working but in the process his DVD/CD RW drive has stopped working.

He has checked bios and that proved pointless and all information in the device manager shows the hardware to be working correctly.

CD drive is some sort of toshiba

The drive letter is being shown but will only intermitantly allow view of data, Will not write cd's or play music discs.

Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows Vista SP A few days ago I suddenly could not access the internet from that laptop I checked the network working & not Card Device Manager Network connections and found that it Device Manager & Network Card not working could not detect the network although I could still use my other laptop to access the internet Thinking that it s a problem with the network card I decided to check the Device Manager only to find that it was not working I can access the device manager s main page seeing the list of all devices but I cannot do anything there Whenever I select a device and attempt to view its properties the device manager becomes unresponsive It doesn t hang but just refuses to show me any useful information Neither can I perform any action on the devices as well disable etc I have not encountered anything like this before and trawling the net doesnt seem to bring up any examples of people meeting this problem Can anyone Device Manager & Network Card not working here help please Oh by the way I just want to add that I don t reckon it s a malware issue coz all other signs of the laptop are fine like booting up running and CPU activity on task manager Any help much appreciated

A:Device Manager & Network Card not working

Did you try system restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387591/device-manager-network-card-not-working/
Relevancy 61.06%
A:Have strange diveces not working in device!!manager

Dont worry, they are not strange devices. Both the teredo interface and the ISATAP adapter are concerned with sending IPv6 packets over IPv4 infrastructure. These technologies are meant to help businesses transition to IPv6 infrastructure. For the consumer these come into play for IPv6 and Homegroups.

Regarding the ISATAP adapter, MS says the yellow exclamation mark can be safely ignored. It is meaningless and the device works properly though it may seem from the exclamation mark that it isnt. See this link.

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

For Teredo, you may want to keep it if you use IPv6 and/or Homegroups. Try right clicking on the device and uninstalling. After that, scan for hardware changes in the device manager menu bar, hopefully teredo will be installed correctly automatically.

Also, make sure you have IPv6 enabled/ allowed in your firewall. If you use ZoneAlarm, enable IPv6 in it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/86994-have-strange-diveces-not-working-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings all The DVD RW drive on my HP Pavilion dv series us is not working Please find the relevant details below The drive is Model TS-L N HPMH - I think this is Toshiba It s detected in My Computer as HD-DVD ROM When I try to play a CD DVD the light comes on and spins DVD not as in - working! manager drive CD shown ROM Device but then shows quot Please insert a disk into HD DVD-ROM Drive F The Device Manager detects it as a CD ROM and obviously the Windows generic driver doesn t work The Device Manager picks it up as an quot Unknown Device quot and is shown as quot NCB XYB QNKX SCSI CdRom Drive quot The driver is not available on the HP site so tried the regedit option I believe I deleted all the strings associated with the driver key Then tried the Microsoft tool which must have installed the generic driver which causes the DVD drive to be recognised as a CD ROM instead I tried the sfc scannow as well and it shows that there are corrupt files which could not be fixed The laptop works well otherwise Please help DVD drive shown as CD ROM in Device manager - not working! Where can I find the driver for the DVD drive shown as CD ROM in Device manager - not working! drive How can I go about fixing this issue nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Some time ago, at http://www.techsupportforum.com/, I learned to launch an elevated Device Manager by using Cortana to search for "devmgmt.msc," then right-clicking the search result and selecting "Run as administrator," then look for yellow flags next to drivers which need updating. I've done that several times, including earlier today, and I've never seen any yellow flags, but today I installed Windows Update MiniTool and I discovered that there were 6 drivers which needed updating. Anyway, whenever I launch an elevated Device Manager, I never see anything to indicate that it's elevated, and there's never a UAC dialog like there is whenever I run anything else as an administrator. Are these behaviors normal, or does something need to be fixed?

A:Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly

I recently concluded that the information I received about an elevated Device Manager was probably bogus.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33468-not-sure-whether-elevated-device-manager-working-properly.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My task manager,control panel, & add/remove programs has been disabled at the bottom of my tool bar there are little yellow signs and in a pop-up it says "your computer is infected!"
Windows has detected spyware infection then it says win-antivirus I dont Know what to do I scaned my comp with the spyware I have and it still hasnot gone away can some one help me My comp is windows xp and is a hp e-pc

Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to download Microsoft Home & Student 2010 onto my HP Laptop. It gets halfway through the installation & then says that it can't finish because it found another version of Microsoft already on my computer. I checked my computer, but it doesn't have any Microsoft listed as being installed on my computer. How can I uninstall it, if it's not listed under the installed programs list?!?!

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I am new to Windows and have recently purchased an Asus N JK The touch screen worked for the first day and then stopped After that I even reset the laptop to original out of box condition and it didn't work A few days later after trying everything I could find it actually worked for another day but just day It has again stopped working and the touch keyboard isn't starting with Windows any longer and I can't find any clues of touch in the device manager In system it says quot no working, device screen from not manager disapears Touch pen or touch input is available for this display quot After searching and reading this board I can't find anything more to try I'm stuck and need some help By the way I spoke with Asus Touch screen not working, disapears from device manager and they offered no troubleshooting but immediately said I'd have to RMA this new laptop to the tune of anywhere between - That's messed up and not going to happen The laptop Asus N JKWindows i quad coreNvidia GTX M gb ram

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74301-touch-screen-not-working-disapears-device-manager.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I've been trying to figure Adapter under manager/AMD working up device Display + not not showing out how to fix this for about two days now I've uninstalled everything AMD ATI multiple times and tried to reinstall my graphics driver using AMD Catalyst It always says that my computer quot does not contain a proper graphics adapter quot I've used Driver Sweeper to get rid of remnants I'm in safemode right now because suddenly I couldn't get into normal mode where I'd only be able to use VGA everything Display Adapter not showing up under device manager/AMD not working + for my adapter was put as quot unavailable quot when I checked under advanced for display properties After the startup screen it went black but I could still see my cursor and move it around it might of worked if I waited a bit longer but the length seemed odd so I rebooted Display Adapter not showing up under device manager/AMD not working + into safemode At first I couldn't even get into normal mode it would just be black without cursor until I uninstalled my driver from device manager but now I can't get the display adapters to show up again I've read a couple things about bios and something called pci but I'm not sure how either of those work or what they are I'm not super great at computers Thanks

A:Display Adapter not showing up under device manager/AMD not working +

Hi there ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. You have switchable Graphics ... Try downloading the Drivers from the Lenovo Website ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/320575-display-adapter-not-showing-up-under-device-manager-amd-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer all of a sudden stopped playing sound yesterday. I know my speakers are working because I tested them with my ipod, and all the volume controls on my computer are turned up and unmuted. I have tried many google searches but none can fix my problem...

Also my device manager is empty except for 1 thing titled "PC001" which I can't expand and when I check "Show hidden devices" there's still nothing more. I think I might need to update the sound driver for it to play sound but I can't without device manager.. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated thanks.

A:Computer Sound Not Working Also, Device Manager Empty

I'm a little confused? All of your items in the device manager have disappeared? Is that what your saying? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-sound-not-working-also-device-manager-empty.865517/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

can anybody help me please, my dvd drive does not work in my hp pavilion dv6820ea, it says that there is not a disc in when there is and there are no dvd/cd drives in the device manager, but in BIOS it says the first in the boot order is ATAPI CD/DVD ROM DRIVE, ( Atapi CD/DVD ROM not getting detected in device manager & my computer but working in BIOS) I seem to have tried everything but cant get it working, I even put a external CD rom drive in and that does not recognise discs,
I am getting desperate now, please help.

Thanks Brendan.

A:( Atapi CD/DVD ROM not getting detected in device manager & my computer but working i

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atapi-cd-dvd-rom-not-getting-detected-in-device-manager-my-computer-but-working-i.1043670/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello All I am running Windows on a laptop and almost always use a USB mouse The aforementioned mouse has never had any problems before and was working perfectly yesterday Today however I plugged in the mouse and was told that quot The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned quot and the mouse was not working however it did light up as it does when plugged into something I restarted the computer and tried again but to no avail In device manager where the mouse is usually shown it simply said quot Unknown USB device Device Descriptor request failed quot I updated the drivers of both the USB port the mouse was plugged device in not USB mouse 43 Code giving manager working, into and also attempted to update the drivers of the device but both times it was said to be quot up to date quot When plugged into another laptop the mouse worked fine and when I plugged a pen drive into the port it also worked fine All of my ports work fine with a pen drive but I recieve this error USB mouse not working, giving Code 43 in device manager whichever port I plug the mouse into I have USB mouse not working, giving Code 43 in device manager trawled multiple forums to try and find a solution but none have worked UPDATE I found a USB mouse not working, giving Code 43 in device manager suggestion on the MS help forums which suggested to uninstall every single USB device listed in device manger I am now no longer getting the issue mentioned above Instead NONE of my USB ports work with ANYTHING the mouse included but also my hard drives and pen drives The mouse still works fine in othe computers In device manager all the usual devices are showing up along with that read Unknown USB device Port reset failed Please help

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/75517-usb-mouse-not-working-giving-code-43-device-manager.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Alienware M x notebook computer nbsp Recently I purchased a Sony bluetooth headset nbsp I had not previously used any bluetooth devices on the computer nbsp I set the laptop to discover devices and set the headset to be discoverable nbsp After pairing the headset to my laptop I opened my music folder and started listening nbsp After hearing music for about seconds the headset went silent and the music starting coming out of the speakers instead nbsp I then tried to restart the laptop s nbsp bluetooth receiver but there was no way to do it nbsp It was even missing from Device Manager nbsp Finally I closed the display and let it go to sleep nbsp When I resumed again the bluetooth was back nbsp I was again able to listen to music but after another minute or two the device again disappeared nbsp I even called Alienware support nbsp He upgraded the BIOS and reinstalled the bluetooth driver but it would never work nbsp This was because he never had me actually shut off the computer nbsp In other words once the bluetooth device was gone the in Working, Manager longer Bluetooth no Device Stops only way to get it Bluetooth Stops Working, no longer in Device Manager back was to sleep or shut down power off not just reboot the machine nbsp After these steps failed to resolve the problem the technician set up an appointment for me to get the bluetooth adapter replaced nbsp This went very smoothly great on-site support but when I got home the problem was still happening even with a new bluetooth module nbsp To make a long story not much longer I was able to fix the problem nbsp It turned out that it was the power options for the Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module nbsp I unchecked the checkbox labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and the problem was solved So step by step here s how to fix the problem in Windows Click Start In the search box type Device Manager nbsp In the results window above click nbsp Device Manager Expand the Bluetooth Radios node in Device Manager remember you have to do this when the bluetooth device is there nbsp If it is not shown then it has already been shut off and you ll need to shut off or sleep the laptop and resume again to get the device back again Right-click on the Dell Wireless entry and choose properties Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and click OK Problem solved nbsp I hope this helps others

A:Bluetooth Stops Working, no longer in Device Manager

I have the same problem in my new Alienware 15 R2 and your post really helped me! Thank you very much!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19333929
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a netbook that was dropped and wasnt charging. I took it apart to check to make sure that it wasnt the plug in port thingy. That looks fine (I came to find out that the cable was bad, and now it charges fine) anyway after putting it back together I ound that the keyboard suddenly stopped working. Before I took it apart the keyboard was working just fine. I looked at it in device manager and it says that it is there (and that it is working correctly) so I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it (through device manager) Still the same resultes. If I plug in a usb keyboard it works fine. If I take out the hard drive and put it in a different system it works fine there as well. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there Although I'm not computer illiterate for some reason I just cannot get to grips with my laptop at the moment and since having my son I don't have the same time I had previously to learn The first issue that I noticed was when I turned on the laptop an error message came up about MSE and how a file was missing and possibly the access was denied or something I ignored it at first but then I tried to install a few programs and nothing is installing fully To be a bit more specific if all that is too vague What I'm really trying to install at the moment is just the software for my new keyboard When I attempt to install the software it seems to complete As soon as I click quot finish quot however it comes up with device manager software install Please working. help! Unable and gone/not to the error message that I have attached as a screen grab If it helps point towards the problem I just went to change my desktop picture I figured you guys might end up seeing my desktop via screengrabs etc so thought I'd change it to something cool Right clicked on desktop click quot personalise quot nothing happened Right click-Screenresolution - error message and then both of which I have also attached I think I must be missing some important system files I'd really appreciate it if there is a way to repair my system without formatting everything I'm not able to back anything up where I am at the moment and honestly if the only way is to delete everything I'll probably rather leave it broken and have to wait till I can afford a new laptop Anyway thanks for reading Anything you need from me let me know Lucy

A:Unable to install software and device manager gone/not working. Please help!

exactly what laptop? what keyboard? normally you should not have to install any type of software for the keyboard. It should have worked when you plug it in.

someone else here may have a better solution but what I would do is to
1. do a system restore to a restore point just prior to all the problems.
2. make sure windows is completely uptodate by manually updating windows.
3. uninstall and reinstall msie.
4. plug in the keyboard and see if it will work without the software installation.
5. then try to personalized the background.

after the 2nd step, order does not matter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-software-and-device-manager-gone-not-working-please-help-890057.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I have a PS/2 mouse plugged in my PC. In windows XP SP2 and SP3 the mouse was not working even not showing in the device manager. I tried swapping the keyboard port with mouse port still mouse not working but the keyboard works perfectly in either of the ports.
When i checked mouse details in control panel -> Mouse -> Hardware tab, no details are there. No effect when cliked (using keyboard) Troubleshoot or Properties button.
When i tried the same mouse in the same PC with Ubuntu live CD it works perfectly.
Even tried with a new mouse the same problem in XP SP2 and SP3 but works in ubuntu.

PC Details :
P3 1.8 GHZ
768 MB Ram
Intel 845PESV motherboard
OS XP SP2 and SP3 (Dual Boot)

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance..!
Sankaranand D
[email protected]

A:[SOLVED] PS/2 Mouse not working and not showing in Device manager

Seems to be a simple IRQ conflict problem. Restore the default setting in BIOS. Now mouse working fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-ps-2-mouse-not-working-and-not-showing-in-device-manager-460216.html
Relevancy 60.63%

FOr as long as I ve manager device point USB working- on yellow not exclamation had this computer my usb ports haven t been working and USB not working- yellow exclamation point on device manager I just now decided to try to do USB not working- yellow exclamation point on device manager something about it When I plug in a device nothing happens it doesn t detect it no baloon pops up nothing although when I plug in my ipod it turns on but doesn t charge In the device manager I have intel r fb fbm usb universal host controller intel r fb fbm usb USB not working- yellow exclamation point on device manager universal host controller intel r fb fbm usb universal host controller A intel r fb fbm usb universal host controller B intel r fb fbm usb universal host controller C All of these have the yellow exclamation point and none of my usb ports work I ve searched google but couldn t find anything relevant and I searched on thsi forum looked through a few pages of results but wasn t gonna be here all night sifting through threads Sorry if this question has been asked many times already but my relatives are starting to get on my case about them not being to use the printer or webcam or their digital cams Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:USB not working- yellow exclamation point on device manager

You need to first install the motherboard drivers, that's likely the cause of the problem. If that doesn't do it, try uninstalling ALL the devices under USB Controllers and rebooting to let Windows install them again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-not-working-yellow-exclamation-point-on-device-manager.529582/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have just re-installed Vista on my Laptop, but now it is not seeing the DVD/CD drive. Well, its not in Device Manager.

I can eject the drive so its not a power issue and i can put a DVD/CD in and the light will show for a few seconds then die.

It is showing in the BIOS (i just installed a new system from it) plus i have just put the Vista disk in and booted again, and it picked it up ready to install a new system again.

I had this last year, but solved it in the registry by removing the Upper & Loower filters, but there are none showing.

I have looked in a few Forums and tried a few things now, but no good.

Can anyone please help, its driving me crazy

Relevancy 60.63%

I've had this computer for years nbsp Until a couple of months ago the touchscreen working- only Generic P... not lists Device Manager touchscreen worked fine Now it has decided to stop and I don't know how to fix it The touchscreen was initially working after an upgrade to Windows a few months touchscreen not working- Device Manager only lists Generic P... ago nbsp Facts- nbsp In Device Manager under Monitors it only lists Generic PnP monitorIn About Your PC under Pen and Touch it says No Pen or Touch input is available for the displayIn Human Interface Devices the only things listed are HID Compliant wireless radio controls and HP wireless button driver There is no mention of the HID info for the touchscreen monitorI have tried hard reboot with battery removalIt appears to me it is not recognizing the monitor Perhaps it needs a driver nbsp I have been trouble shooting to the best of my knowledge and research and am stumped nbsp nbsp I have looked for what the monitor is called for this computer so I could search for more specific info and haven't found the info nbsp If someone out there can assist me so I can again touch my screen and have it know I'm there I would greatly appreciate it nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchscreen-not-working-Device-Manager-only-lists-Generic/td-p/5733605
Relevancy 60.63%

I got a Logitech m215 mouse a few weeks ago. It works well, but the new mouse doesn't show up in the device manager on my computer. It says I have the same mouse I had from 2006. I tried uninstalling it, putting the unifying receiver back in, and it stil says I have my old mouse. I would post a screenshot, but it is really small on here. Also, the middle mouse button doesn't auto scroll like it should. I hold it down, and all it does is flash the 4-arrows pointer without actually letting my scroll that way, which is my preferred method of scrolling.

A:New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

Do you have SetPoint installed?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44576-new-mouse-not-device-manager-auto-scroll-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

quot HP Pavilion dv - wm Entertainment Notebook PC quot Here's the list of things I've tried and I'm not sure what else to do sfc scannow chkdsk C f Updated the BIOS Uninstalled Synaptics driver re-installed newest version Uninstalled Synaptics driver tried letting Windows Update install driver Dv6 not HP device stops manager working, trackpad in Pavilion Generic USB drivers are not allowed to be turned off to save power quot Hard Reset quot unplugging A C and battery and holding power button for seconds Tried safe mode no avail Looked for FN keys to turn it on off there are none Tried pressing the button above the trackpad to turn it on off light just stays white Here's a picture of the light I HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager don't know what HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager else to do I've been HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager told to try to take the hard drive out and look under it there could be a loose wire that attaches to the back of the trackpad But before I dive into taking the computer apart I just wanted to eliminate all of my options Maybe there's something I'm missing that someone else will be able to point out with no issue Here's a picture of the Mouse gt Synaptics tab actually as I'm typing this for the first time I received an error saying quot Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Do you want to uninstall the driver now quot That's the first time this has happened Here's a picture of device manager There are no errors exclamation points

A:HP Pavilion Dv6 trackpad stops working, not in device manager

Hi there ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. I am sure you have come to the conclusion this is a Hardware fault .. The light above the trackpad .. Is the clue you should be able to switch it on and off .. You should be able to find Instruction online to help you Install a new one ..Or maybe as you state could just be a loose wire ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323465-hp-pavilion-dv6-trackpad-stops-working-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Virus Being found is File C WINDOWS ksacre exeUnable to use REGEDIT Add Remove Programs or Task ManagerHiJackThis ReportLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx Use; My My Can't Wallp... Even Programs, Locked I Of Most Regedit, Add Can't Of Manager, Task Change Out Remove Computer. exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system hphmon Locked Out Of Most Of My Computer. Can't Use; Regedit, Task Manager, Add Remove Programs, I Can't Even Change My Wallp... exeC Locked Out Of Most Of My Computer. Can't Use; Regedit, Task Manager, Add Remove Programs, I Can't Even Change My Wallp... WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS ehome RMSysTry exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system proper exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO BrowserAddIn Class - D A - C- A A- E - E E A - C Program Files Grad Gold Savings Manager LittleGradSM dllO - BHO MSVPS System - A EBE -ABE - A D-B B - EB D D CE - C WINDOWS werbetdqw dllO - BHO no name - DABCE - - -AF A- BCD D - C WINDOWS system mskvtns dllO - Toolbar The hdtip - B F - - C A-A -F FC D A - C WINDOWS hdtip dllO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstallO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C ... Read more

A:Locked Out Of Most Of My Computer. Can't Use; Regedit, Task Manager, Add Remove Programs, I Can't Even Change My Wallp...

Hello BSUPEEPERS,NOTE: If you have downloaded SmitfraudFix previously please delete that version and download it again! Please download SmitfraudFix Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user. http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htmYou should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :Restart your computer After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually; Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear; Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter". Choose your usual account.Once in Safe Mode, double-click SmitfraudFix.exe Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files. You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection. The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter". The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart anyway into normal Windows. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of the SmitfraudFix report into your next reply along with a new HijackThis log. The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118265/locked-out-of-most-of-my-computer-cant-use;-regedit-task-manager-add-remove-programs-i-cant-even-change-my-wallpaper/
Relevancy 59.77%

I would appreciate any help re-connecting to my network printer(HP L7650). The other 2 pc's on my Windows peer-peer network are able to connect to this printer.
HP tech support tried to fix this, but said my pc's Device Manager has disappeared. From "My Computer" the "My Network" does not display the other 2 pc's or the printer, but my desktop shortcut does allow me to connect to the other 2 pc's.
Any ideas?? Thank you for your suggestions. nldmartin

A:Solved: Cannot connect to my network printer;Device Manager not working.

The poster communicated this message regarding this thread:

21 Jan'09: I contacted Microsoft to get paid/professional help. They solved the printer access problem.They need me to get a Win XP install disc w/Service Pack 2 to solve the absent "Device Manager" problem (my WinXP install disc has Service Pak 1).

So, I'll go ahead and mark it solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-my-network-printer-device-manager-not-working.789022/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently moved my computer away from my router to a different room. So I bought myself a wireless adapter, a D-Link DWA-160 wireless adapter. I installed the drivers with the CD and followed the instructions. At the end of the installation it gave me this: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9991/82056551.png I have re-installed many times trying different methods, but nothing seems to work.

In device manager it shows that the device is installed and working properly. Yet it does not make it actually work. The light on the adapter will not flash like it does for my laptop (tested). And I am unable to even run the Wireless Connection Manager from D-Link, i just double click and nothing happens. Here is another screenshot with more information:http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2796/37819057.png

So what exactly is the problem? If anyone can help me out I will owe you big time and appreciate it to no end, thank you!

A:Wireless Adapter not found, yet its working properly in Device Manager

When i type IP config I get:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194089-wireless-adapter-not-found-yet-its-working-properly-device-manager.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Home Premium bit and about months ago my laptop's audio stopped working The and and Audio Play, Plug not manager device all working service, speaker icon disappeared from the notification bar but it is still an option under customize Plug and Play, Audio service, and device manager all not working but it only says the audio service is not running Also the Windows Media Player opens for a few seconds before closing with no errors or any explanation Just sudden exit I can't play audio through headphones or online I've tried to see my devices manager but it comes up blank as if nothing is there and with My Devices and Printers it loads and freezes in place I've left it up for days before and it never loaded I only recently tried to fix it myself because I don't have enough Plug and Play, Audio service, and device manager all not working to be overcharged for something simple at a shop I've gone into the regedit and everything is there Under services though the Plug and Play says automatic but it's greyed out and I can't change it the service status says stopped and when I click start says quot windows could not start the Plug and Play service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified quot When I try to Plug and Play, Audio service, and device manager all not working start the Windows Audio under services it says quot Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot I've seen from my Googling that all the audio and device manager and based on the Plug and Play and that might be why nothing's working but I'm completely stuck now Thanks for any help

A:Plug and Play, Audio service, and device manager all not working

There are Windows OS problems, more than just the sound is not working. Sadly, I would suspect it will need a complete reinstall. If you want to do this, the first thing to do is back up (copy) all your user data to some external media as it will be lost during the reinstall. Then use the built in Dell PC Restore to restore it to the original factory condition. F8 at power on will allow you to access the Dell PC restore (recovery) and allow you to do the restore.

Another option is to upgrade to Windows 10 (assuming the hardware and what software you use is compatible). This will give you a fresh install, but will not delete any user data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/397746-plug-play-audio-service-device-manager-all-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

The inbuilt HD webcam of my ProBook 450 G0 stopped working few days ago. Now on running the camera app, it shows camera not connected. In the device manager I have tried updating the driver software but it says the driver is up to date. Under device status in properties it reads "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."My laptop runs Windows 8.1. I have not installed any new major software or hardware recently.I have urgent need of the webcam.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Inbuilt-webcam-of-my-laptop-not-working-Device-manager-shows/td-p/5616845
Relevancy 59.77%

It started a while when i booted up my laptop, when i was going to update my driver the GeForce Experience app said 'There is no graphic card installed' and then i searched for it in the Device Manager it didn't show up. I tried downloading the driver but it said 'There is no graphic card compatible with the driver.' What should i do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/380905-nvidia-geforce-720m-not-showing-up-device-manager-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I've got a very little understanding of computer hardware compatibility so please bear with me.

uhm so I was tinkering with my desktop, specs are
Motherboard: Asus A58M-E
Processor: AMD A8 6600K
and I recently added a video card which is the Palit 9500GT 1024MB, so I went to turn it on (DVI plugged into the vid card), but the monitor displayed no signal but the aux fan is spinning, and when I plugged the DVI back to my motherboard it worked again and I looked at the device manager>display adapters and my video card is not detected, the only thing on the list is the AMD Radeon HD 8570D which I think is the APU. what should I do to get my video card up and running?

A:Video Card not detected in device manager, no siganl, working aux fan.

did u select the primary video in bios....... something like this [PCIE->PCI->IGP]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-detected-in-device-manager-no-siganl-working-aux-fan.1145671/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having major issues with my windows 8.1 laptop. After windows did some auto updates yesterday I can no longer open many of my programs, task manager will not open and anything 'system related' doesn't work (can't download anti virus or refresh/reformat windows), the window freezes when i try to go into specific parts of the user accounts menu (it seems to be related to actions requiring administrative privileges, and I definitely have admin status)

When i try to open one of the programs that doesnt work nothing happens for around 3 minutes then I get this: 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item'

Browser is working completely fine and some programs work fine including Skype.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at my wits end here!

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62812-cant-open-many-programs-task-manager-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Lenovo Thinkpad T510i

The intergrated webcam used to work. I´ve tried updating the driver from the Lenovo site and also physically removed the screen bezel to confirm the plug/jack hadn´t come loose, it hadn´t. I also checked in the BIOS/security/I/O but couldn´t find an option for enabling/disabling the intergrated camera.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I´ve spent all day trying to solve this!!!

Cheers
Simon

A:Intergrated Camera not working - Imaging Devices not showing in Device Manager

Product ID: 4313 CTO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intergrated-camera-not-working-imaging-devices-not-showing-in-device-manager.208474/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have another strange issue, my add/remove programs is not working it says "there are no programs installed on this computer" I Anybody have a clue on this one?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guy's think i screwed up my computer again.I went to my ad remove programs and will not work.I'm thinking i may have caught a bug or two.any help would be appreciated.Will include htj log.And thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-not-working.664088/
Relevancy 58.48%

For some reason the Add/Remove programs function on my pc has stopped working. It opens up and the list populates, but when I select one and click "remove" nothing happens. I tried restarting the computer in safe mode but it still didn't work. System Restore didn't work either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 58.48%

About 6 weeks ago, I re-formatted my hard drive thinking that it would solve some problems that I was having. Recently, I tried to use the Add/remove module under the Control Panel. The screen comes up and gives you the message " Please be patient while the list is populated". From then on nothing happens. I removed some programs (just using the un-installer that came with the program) that I had downloaded, thinking that that might help w/ the add/remove problems. That did not help. I am not sure just when this started happening as I am still having some problems with the computer in general. I have a HP Pavilion 763N, sp-3. I have recently bebugged my computer and that did not seem to help either. I would appreciate your help with this matter. Diane :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-not-working-281869.html
Relevancy 58.48%

This is the first time I had this problem and I don't know why it is causing it. When I click on "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel, it pops-up a box saying:

Parser Message:
Value creation failed " at line 472

Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.48%

I have been trying to clear up my computer for a while, now. When I got it, my dad had way too many files. Just recently, though, I installed Sims 2 and some expansion packs, but I can't uninstall them. I have tried going to the Add/Remove Programs list, but (1) the game isn't there, along with many other programs (2)the change/remove buttons aren't there for the programs that ARE listed, and (3) I went straight to the uninstall .exe file and it wouldn't run.

Someone help, please? What is wrong with my computer?

A:Add/Remove programs not working

Hi Jenbeau

Try revo uninstaller. If it isnt listed, you can use the hunter mode to get rid of them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-not-working-420689.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm working on a Windows 2000 computer and have further discovered that the "Add Remove Programs" area no longer shows anything (it did when I started uninstalling programs). It just looks......well......empty.

It is repairable?

Thanks again in advance.

Relevancy 57.62%

installed a 3rd party program uninstaller to test to see if it would remove registry keys from programs i no longer wanted and when i uninstalled it my add/remove programs icon in the control panel does nothing when i click on it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks...

Jeremy

edit: this is a w2k system

A:add/remove programs icon not working....

well I figured out the problem....this website helped fix the issue...

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6000/rh6032.htm

registry errors apparently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-icon-not-working.266408/
Relevancy 57.62%

Due to some Internet connectivity problems and update install failures (and Microsoft tech support’s inability to resolve the problems), I was forced to do a total reformat and reinstall of Windows XP-SP2 on my PC. Everything seemed to be reinstall fine, but yesterday I noticed something I’ve never seen before. When I open Add or Remove Programs, the list lists about 10 programs, then there’s a long, totally black area, followed by mostly black with some white in which there are no program names, then back to a normal white background with programs listed. And not all the programs I installed are listed.

What’s going on? Do I need to start all over again (reformat, put Windows back on, reinstall all working files and programs; takes a whole day )!

Relevancy 57.62%

installed a 3rd party program uninstaller to test to see if it would remove registry keys from programs i no longer wanted and when i uninstalled it my add/remove programs icon in the control panel does nothing when i click on it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks...

Jeremy

edit: this is a w2k system

A:add/remove programs icon not working....

well I figured out the problem....this website helped fix the issue...

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6000/rh6032.htm

registry errors apparently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-icon-not-working.266408/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently had a virus that norton could not pick up It the suggestion of a friend I installed and ran combofix It deleted and not System working remove programs restore add and the virus for sure but it also System restore and add and remove programs not working did much more I knew this was a risk but I did choose to take it It disabled my network at first but I was able to succeed in restoring that However it has removed the complete list of all items in the quot Add and Remove Programs quot I have registry mechanic and I did a restore point with that but still nothing I also ran the quot Regsvr Appwiz cpl command It says it was successfull but still nothing I cannot run system restore either as it tells me I am not able to restore a previous time although there are valid restore points listed I tried reloading Windows XP but my disc version is older then my installed I installed from Microsoft Website a few years ago So the only way to reload is to uninstall windows and reinstall I dont want to do that and from what I can see microsoft no longer offers XP on thier site for download I am no familier enough with reg keys to use the Recovery Console The only thing I have not done is quot System Restore in safe mode as it does not create a restore point to undo the changes and I dont want to chance it Does anyone have any ideas how to get the add and remove programs back and to get system restore to work One more think Comboxfix created a list of my programs that were in add and remove its in the form of notebook is thier a way to use this to restore Thanks

A:System restore and add and remove programs not working

did you reboot after that command its very important.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250268/system-restore-and-add-and-remove-programs-not-working/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys I was having trouble getting an old obscure video codec to load so I tried to install it manually and I screwed up which resulted in a duplicate quot Video Codecs quot field in the quot Sound video and game controllers quot field of Device Manager Pic here http picasaweb google com siesee DropBox authkey rHF PcRz Q I ve found plenty of pages that explain how to remove codecs but my problem now "video device of remove extra codecs" from manager instance isn t removing a specific codec it s removing the duplicate quot Video Codecs quot entry If I right click on it there is no uninstall option like many of the other devices When view the properties of the duplicated item it lists no codecs whereas the codecs appear in the original item and now when I try to play any kind of video I only get audio only tried with WMP so far Someone had suggested I try Unlocker but that didn t work that prog doesn t affect remove extra instance of "video codecs" from device manager the contextual menu in Device Manager Any ideas Thanks Troy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-extra-instance-of-video-codecs-from-device-manager.754363/
Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know what my dad did but he's having problems with his laptop When you go to open pretty programs opening... aren't much any program you either get an error that says quot programname exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program quot or a message that says quot this application failed to initialize properly xc Click programs aren't opening... on ok to terminate the application quot No spyware programs can load properly so I can't try to clean anything Also internet explorer will not connect to any websites but netscape seems to be working fine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask programs aren't opening... exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET programs aren't opening... WrOS EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME POKEYR LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPoET C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinHound C Program Files WinHound WinHound exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Pictu... Read more

A:programs aren't opening...

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

Download & extract it to it's own folder - smitRem.exe

Download and install Ewido Security SuiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options",uncheck - Install background guard

Have Ewido update itself & then exit the program.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

You're running HijackThis from a zipped archive. That is not advisable. HijackThis is able to create backups whenever if fixes any entry. These are stored in a subfolder called backups. As such, we advise against placing the program in any temporary folders. Please create a new folder - C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Extract/unzip HijackThis.exe into that directory & run it from there.

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch200.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://home.netscape.com/home/winsearch.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://keyword.netscape.com/keyword/%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinHound] C:\Program Files\WinHound\WinHound.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

* * * * * * UN-INSTALLING PROGRAMS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs: ViewPoint
Please note any other programs that you dont recognize in that list in your next response

* * * * * * DELETING FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Tick - 'S... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-opening-89419.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I don t know what my dad did but he s having problems with his laptop When you go to open pretty much any program you either get an error that says quot programname exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program quot or a message that says quot this application failed to initialize properly xc Click on ok to terminate the application quot No spyware programs can load properly so I can t try to clean anything Also internet explorer will not connect to any websites but netscape seems to be working fine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe programs log aren't opening...hjt C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WrOS EXE C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP programs aren't opening...hjt log SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu programs aren't opening...hjt log SonyTray exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR programs aren't opening...hjt log exe C DOCUME POKEYR LOCALS Temp Rar EX Hi jackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyServer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www yahoo com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPoET C Program Files VerizonDSL WinPoET WinPPPoverEthernet exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinHound C Program Files WinHound WinHound exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Picture Package VCD Maker lnk C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, my computer keeps coming up with error messages about certain files not being a valid windows image when i start it up. a few examples are Amsample.dll and Amoures.dll. These are all in my system 32 file. Also certain things on my computer aren't working such as add/remove programs in the control panel and disk defragmentor. I dont know if this is related but the only program i can open in office is word and that sometimes shuts down for no reason.

I have AVG anti virus and anti spyware and have run full system scans with both.

Any ideas?

A:Error Messages On Startup And Add/remove Programs Not Working

First of all, could I ask which operating system you are using and under what service pack?

This looks like your system files have been altered in someway. Let's run the file checker:

Click Start>Run>type without the qoutes "sfc /scannow >hit OK.

A window should appear with the title "Windows File Protection". It will say "Please wait while Windows verifies that all protected Windows files are intact and in their original versions." Leave your computer alone while the check is happening.

If there are any problems that occur during the scanning process, please post back with the error message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135761/error-messages-on-startup-and-addremove-programs-not-working/
Relevancy 55.9%

Sorry if there have been threads created like this in the past I wasn t able to find any with the search feature I thought that it might be a good idea to start a thread for good programs that a Share well good programs known aren't that lot of people might not know about I m constantly trying out new stuff and I always like to hear about good software So here s my recommendation to you all Slickrun get it here http www bayden com Share good programs that aren't well known SlickRun In my opinion this should come bundled with the Windows operating system I m amazed that more people haven t heard of Share good programs that aren't well known this program Very rarely do I even need to navigate through folders to access a file I can use slickrun to launch any program directory song the control panel etc from slickrun It floats wherever you want it to on your screen and can be hid in the tray It is very easy to configure and there is also a support forum where people share various tricks to use One example of what it can do I can type in quot google meatballs quot into slickrun Then slickrun will open up my default browser navigate to google search for meatballs and display the results all on it s own Okay I suppose I wrote a little too much about slickrun Please share the great programs that you ve ran across but know most people probably don t know about Please don t name off any commonly used programs though

A:Share good programs that aren't well known

Daemon Tools - Allows you to mound iso images saved on your hard drive as if they were actual cd's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15961/share-good-programs-that-arent-well-known/