Windows Support Forum

Computer not recognizing DVDs, Firefox/Safari NOT working, IE is working

Q: Computer not recognizing DVDs, Firefox/Safari NOT working, IE is working

In the midst of trying to install updates to my computer (Dell Inspiron 1521 with Windows Vista) I somehow did something that:

- Made Firefox and Safari stop working/connecting to the internet
- Allowed Internet Explorer to remain functioning
- Made MediaDirect stop working completely
- Won't let Windows Media Player recognize DVDs

Did I screw something up somehow? And is this reversable?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-recognizing-dvds-firefox-safari-not-working-ie-is-working.894799/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer not recognizing DVDs, Firefox/Safari NOT working, IE is working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.45%

Hi everybody First off before I say anything I would like to inform you all that I have very minor technical abilities with computers so try to stay away from quot techie talk quot when telling me what I need to do if possible Well let me give you all a run down of my troubles Started my computer up one day and had a corrupt ataport sys I don't know if thats related at all so I wanted to mention it My friend in the dorm next to me I am in college is a ComSci major and he basically told me I just needed to replace the file etc etc So he basically replaced the ataport sys with a fresh one therefore my computer started working just as normal again I use Firefox Working Only Firefox) IE7 Not Safari, (Nor almost always I only use Internet Explorer for college related web applications and systems as some of them do not work with Firefox this speaks of the semi-urgent nature of fixing this issue So I had to go onto one of the colleges online things called WebCt today and Internet explorer is not responding It basically takes IE7 Not Working (Nor Safari, Only Firefox) about secs to load and comes up with update IE7 Not Working (Nor Safari, Only Firefox) I just tried it again to copy and paste the message it seems to be displaying google com properly now which is its set default homepage however whenever I try to go to another site or I enter something in the searchbox it comes up with what I was having before Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes You are not connected to the Internet The website is encountering problems There might be a typing error in the address What you can try Diagnose Connection Problems More information I am also a big gamer and as some of you know a lot of those game programs automatically use IE by default to run patch start do things So when IE isn't working those things don't want to work either or they work extremely extremely slowly If there is a way to tell all of those programs to use FF instead in one fell swoop that would be nice as well I have also downloaded Safari to see if that would work plus I just wanted to try it out and the same problem occurs I am sure everything is connected properly I have switched between making FF and IE my default browser etc Please help Thank You

A:IE7 Not Working (Nor Safari, Only Firefox)

Hello and welcome to TSF

Sorry for the long delay to answer your thread, we have been very busy lately.

Please do this
Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
Go to the extracted files
Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
Click on the notepad symbol:
A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-not-working-nor-safari-only-firefox-214195.html
Relevancy 90.3%

When I open IE and perform a search in Google or yahoo It will display results However working not IE8/Firefox/Safari using when engines search when I click on the link to open the suggested sites I get this kind of stuff every time lt form action quot http go php c WueRXY qd FgHe X kSJdhZn Rh qZpFpLhuYMZFnDGlEgUoFkUp V gl q DoA LkfyYlVwZAjTqHMHHnuvsCwlgnxBh F uO X bEYX PaLJ F wcdjOKhVx o Fpp R qgZWXf IE8/Firefox/Safari not working when using search engines us Fele KAHIEn creC Fo W ytPOOfZS waYdNkX no lBwlo FokiAobApG pgEx sDdE F m TvbgKtCNbe ynXlvCX es tKbI GmXUeyVKpQpeeD VTrq F ymwt dRezajUGGM BScbeuY FGeWhen I try it in Forefox I get a blank page Safari just keeps spinning I have MicroTrend Antivirus plus Webroot Spy Sweeper IE8/Firefox/Safari not working when using search engines All up-to-date Few weeks ago it found a virus and It cleaned it but I still can't perform searches I have Windows XP Professional SP Here is the log from Toolbarcop Browser Add-on Report generated by ToolbarCop v PM -------------------------------------------------------------- Browser Extension Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL - Enabled - All UsersBrowser Extension n a - E E DD -D - - B -F BA - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe - Enabled - All UsersBrowser Extension Messenger - FB F -F - D -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe - Enabled - All UsersToolbar amp Address - E - EEE- D -BFE - AA B - SystemRoot system browseui dll - Enabled - Current UserToolbar amp Links - E CBF -D F- D - - AA B - SystemRoot system SHELL dll - Enabled - Current UserToolbar amp Links - F CF - E - F - C-B DE - C WINDOWS system ieframe dll - Enabled - Current UserToolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll - Enabled - Current UserToolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll - Enabled - Current UserToolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll - Enabled - All UsersBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll - Enabled - All UsersBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll - Enabled - All UsersBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - F- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll - Enabled - All UsersBHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - B-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll - Enabled - All UsersBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll - Enabled - All UsersBHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll - Enabled - All UsersRun - Startup ctfmon exe - - quot C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot - Enabled - Current UserRun - Startup ltcmScheduler - - quot C Program Files LTCM Client ltcmScheduler exe quot - Enabled - Current UserRun - Startup ISUSPM - - quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler - Enabled - Current UserRun - Startup swg - - quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - Enabled - Current UserRun - Startup ISUSPM Startup - - quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe quot -startup - Enabled - All UsersRun - Startup ISUSScheduler - - quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start - Enabled - All UsersRun - Startup RTHDCPL - - quot C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE quot - Enabled - All UsersRun - Startup Alcmtr - - quot C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE quot - Enabled - All UsersRun - Startup HotSync - - quot C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe quot -AllUsers - Enabled - All UsersRun - Startup IntelliPoint - - quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoi... Read more

A:IE8/Firefox/Safari not working when using search engines

bump. It has been way longer than 72 hours

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-firefox-safari-not-working-when-using-search-engines-451202.html
Relevancy 75.68%

hi all-

i have somewhat of an annoying problem that i was hoping the experts out there can help me with. i have a sandisk cruzer mini usb device (512mb) that i have been using for about a year without difficulty, and unfortunately my computer no longer brings it up as a drive (along with my hard disk) when it is plugged in, even though it plugs and plays fine on another computer and on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the lower right hand corner it is said to be working properly. i think this is probably some software issue as my computer is also not able to recognize a second usb drive.

i am running windows xp2 and had recently reinstalled secondary to other problems....but this was an unexpected gift, if you will

many thanks in advance for your help!

cheers
k

A:Solved: computer not recognizing USB drives, even though Safely Remove Hardware is working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-not-recognizing-usb-drives-even-though-safely-remove-hardware-is-working.479609/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a huge problem I am having pogo withdrawals I have always used firefox with pogo but it has started acting very slow and freezing and jerky. I usually lose because timer runs out. I just installed safari for windows and all the plug-ins. When I go to pogo it says java not installed, yet when I do a java test, it's ok. I have vista and an acer computer. I now have firefox, safari and internet explorer but still cant play pogo. please help!!!!!

A:java not working in safari

During my computer club meeting a few weeks ago, there was a complaint made by a member who likes to play games on the POGO site. It concerned the timer speeding up and running too fast and not allowing the user to finish a game. It was determined that a setting change needed to be made in the Java applet in the Control Panel to solve the problem. I don't play games on the POGO site, so I didn't make note of the setting change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-not-working-in-safari.786416/
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok, I tried to open Internet explorer and all i get is the page cannot be displayed error, and the samething with firefox.. this was'nt always the case up until recently .. when i try to run network diagnostics i get error code 0x80070002, please please im begging you help because even when i try to open my online game it doesnt seem to be connecting to the internet either..

Relevancy 71.81%

I have DL a trogen and it seems to affected my browsers. My email works as well as quicken and Limewire as well as other update programs, but both of my browsers say they cannot display any webpages. Also, my security service center cannot be started. any help would be great!

A:Internet Working !..IE 8 and Safari does not ???

Run an antivirus scan and download and run malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/278773-internet-working-ie-8-safari-does-not.html
Relevancy 70.09%

internet explorer ,safari, mozilla not working.
when i open them, they opens and in next second they dissapears
only chrome working.

need help

A:internet explorer ,safari, mozilla not working

If this just started, 1st I'd suggest doing a system restore to before this began. It may well be the easiest fix.

System Restore

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/112019-internet-explorer-safari-mozilla-not-working.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I can't get the Safari developer tools to work.

I have enabled the "Develop" menu option, but none of the tools display.

I added the "Web Inspector" button to my toolbar, but the "Web Inspector" does not display.

If I right-click on a page element and choose "Inspect Element" nothing happens.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Safari and rebooted yet none of the developer tools will display.

I checked and Javascript is enabled and popups are allowed.

I am at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's a link to a Safari screenshot on my machine

Thanks,
Chris

A:Safari 5 Developer Tools not working (Windows 7)

I found this snippet on - ahem - another forum. May be relevant (credit due to IECUSTOMIZER):

Check that there is no icon in the taskbar for 'Developer Tool'.

There is a known issue that if you minimize or maximize the Devloper Tool window and then close the browser, the next time you start the Developer Tool it will open with the saved Window State (ie. The window won't be visible, but there will be a icon in the task bar).

To fix this right click on the Developer Tool icon in the Tasks bar and select Maximize from the context menu to maximize the Developer Tool window and then resize to your preferences. Close the browser to save the window size preferences of the Developer Tool and browser.

The next time you start IE8 the Developer Tool should open with the saved size and position preferences.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safari-5-developer-tools-not-working-windows-7.1042983/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all

I have a strange problem going on. Whenever I try to browse to a webpage with IE, Firefox, or even Safari, I get an error message saying the page cannot be loaded, usually citing DNS problems. I am able to ping our DNS server, I can even use nslookup to get IP addresses. If I put the IP address in the browser toolbar, I still get the error. Outlook says it's connected to our Exchange server, and e-mails are coming in normally, and AIM can send and receive IMs with no problem. Kaspersky AV says it can't contact it's servers to activate, and I tried uninstalling it but that didn't change anything.

I'm running out of ideas, please help!

A:IE8/FF3/Safari can't load web pages but Outlook and AIM are working fine?

Hi -First please try this - Open Internet Explorer (you do not need to look at a page) -Go along the top to > Tools (if you can not see Tools press the Alt button and you will see it) > Drop down to Internet Options (Bottom Item) > Click on Connections (At the top line) > Click on LAN Settings (on the Right side 3/4 way down) > Make sure the ONLY box ticked is Automatically detect settings (the top box) > Click OK > OK -Then Reboot your computer - See if that helps - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386122/ie8ff3safari-cant-load-web-pages-but-outlook-and-aim-are-working-fine/
Relevancy 69.23%

In normal mode my Internet Explorer does not work I try to open it but the pages never come in although I working working, in not Normal Spybot, Malwarebytes Mode Explorer/Firefox updates Internet not Ad-Aware, am sure I am connected I also tried Firefox and that is not work either with the same error as IE Windows Live email does work and I am able Internet Explorer/Firefox not working, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes updates not working in Normal Mode to Internet Explorer/Firefox not working, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes updates not working in Normal Mode pull down email but none of the browsers work Also when I try to update Spybot Ad-Aware Malwarebytes they fail saying that updates cannot be downloaded I was able to run and update in Safe mode with network to get the updates and run Spybot Symantec Antivirus Ad-Aware Malwarebytes and Windows safety live com but no issues were found and the when I reboot in Normal mode the same problem exists Next I ran SDfix in safe mode and have attached in this note but also the same problems exist see attached Report txt Finally I have now run dds scr this and am posting the results see DDS txt below and attached Attach txt Any help you could provide on this would be much appreciated Thanks in advance Rick G DDS txt output DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by rickgoncalves at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Integrity Client Firewall enabled FW Symantec Client Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system Drivers trcboot exe C Program Files IBM Personal Communications PCS AGNT EXE C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files IBM Mobility Client artstartsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files IBM tivoli dcd client ISSI cds CDSWinSrv exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files IBM Personal Communications tpam exe C Program Files C ebreg isamtray exe C Program Files C ebreg c ebreg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad UltraNav Wizard UNavTray EXE C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files IBM SQLLIB BIN db systray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C notes ntmulti exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe c Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system taskswi... Read more

A:Internet Explorer/Firefox not working, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes updates not working in Normal Mode

I have resolved my issue. Turns out it was a problem that has to do with my VPN and the firewall policy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221650/internet-explorerfirefox-not-working-spybot-ad-aware-malwarebytes-updates-not-working-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I am having a problem with my Browsers both IE Firefox and Thunderbird stop working after a short period of time after starting them this time varies from Thunderbird Working Keeps and Azureus Working Firefox, IE Stop start to start My other internet programs like Firefox, Thunderbird and IE Stop Working Azureus Keeps Working Azureus keep working When I restart windows the Browsers work again for a short time and then stop Firefox, Thunderbird and IE Stop Working Azureus Keeps Working again I have tried the following FIRST THING I TRIED From Posted Topic on website quot I d been having a similar problem the web browser would stop working after - minutes of internet activity It took me about minutes to fix following a fairly simple procedure The problem for me was that the DNS cache overflowed after a little while so I simply added registry keys to prevent caching This can be done as follows First thing you need to do is clear your current cache At the command prompt Run - gt command type in ipconfig flushdns If everything went well ipconfig should spit out a line Firefox, Thunderbird and IE Stop Working Azureus Keeps Working about successfully flushing the cache Now get into the registry editor Run - gt regedit Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Dnscache Parameters Right click in the space to the right and select New - gt DWORD Value Name the DWORD MaxCacheTtl and make sure its value is Values can be changed simply by double-clicking on the DWORD Create another new DWORD Name this one MaxNegativeCacheTtl and again make sure its value is Close regedit and restart quot SECOND THING I TRIED quot winsockxpfix exe quot WinSock XP Fix Fixes the winsock settings on your Windows XP machine This tool is recommended for IT professionals only Please read license It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software Adware or after registry clean-up and all other ways fail then give WinSock XP Fix a try It can create a registry backup of your current settings so it is fairly safe to use We actually tested it on a test machine that was having a Winsock problem due to some Adware removal and after running the utility and rebooting the connectivity was restored quot THE THIRD THING I TRIED Post from Topic on Web Site quot Had the same problem but found a VERY simple fix Hi everyone Just wanted to let you know that after I posted my extensive info on my own similar experience I have found a simple and easy fix that I hope will help everyone else out a well I had been on several forums and sites that had suggested the following Go to My Network Places View Network Connections Then view the Properties of each connection you have and under the quot Authentication quot tab make sure that the quot Enable network access control using IEEE x quot box is NOT checked I had tried this before but only did it on my LAN connection which didn t eliminate the problem But when I also did the same on my network bridge the problem was fixed knock on wood Sometimes when new software is installed or uninstalled it defaults back to being checked and I think this was my problem last week Hope this simple fix works for some other very frustrated people and good luck for all those who are still having problems Tiffany quot NOTHING HAS WORKED I hope you can help me Here is my HackThis Log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS ... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Webpages are not loading in chrome browser but no such problem in firefox. I have tried changing the settings to default. I have tried unistalling and doing a clean install. Nothing works.
No issue in firefox browser though. Please help

A:Internet not working in chrome but working fine in firefox

Check the installed extensions in Chrome's settings and remove any you find.  If you still cannot go online, check the firewall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563416/internet-not-working-in-chrome-but-working-fine-in-firefox/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

My IE + firefox browsers are not working in windows xp SP2 with latest updates (updated earlier today, about the same time the problem started, I have tried reset in IE which doesn't work.

It is very starnge because msn messenger is working fine, just browsers which aren't.

Alot of my ports seem to be closed as well, including port 80, could that be it ?

Firefox works on the same computer under linux.

Please help !

Cheers
Mike

A:IE + firefox not working in windows xp, I have tried reset, msn messenger working !?

Windows Updates are the problem. Turn off Automatic Updates and uninstall all 5 of the 4/9 Windows Updates (4 for XP and 1 for IE7). Your problems will probably disappear. Worked for me! I reinstalled the updates and had the problem again. I uninstalled again, and the problems went away!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-firefox-not-working-in-windows-xp-i-have-tried-reset-msn-messenger-working-238914.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Like the title says I have a working connection I know this because torrents and IM programs still work I've also tried using a different internet connection with the same results I'm have Firefox stop connection, a and I working working net IE but running Vista and I have a working net connection, but IE and Firefox stop working I've had the same problem with both IE and Firefox These are the errors I get Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at warhammeralliance com Though the site seems valid the browser was unable to establish a connection Could the site be temporarily unavailable Try again later Are you unable to browse other sites Check the computer's network connection Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes You are not connected to the Internet The website is encountering problems There might be a typing error in the address I thought it was my router so I tried just going straight through my modem but that didn't fix it I've tried two separate modems A Cable modem and using my cell phone's internet connection I'm not being hindered by firewalls one of my first thoughts was to try it with both of them off Restarting my computer fixes it but it comes back every few hours Thank you in advance for any help and let me know what other information would be helpful to try and solve this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-have-a-working-net-connection-but-ie-and-firefox-stop-working-286734.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Btw I posted another topic but it deals with a different computer so please deal with this as a different request My computer has been running incredibly slow for some time Firefox and Chrome are hijacked ie Chrome Computer Working, Firefox Not slow Very comp/ 2 and don t open any websites redirection etc IE works but is flaky too ie popups I am sure my computer is infected but not sure with what DDS txt below Firefox and Chrome Not Working, Very slow comp/ Computer 2 and attach txt amp ark txt are attached ark was KB so had to zip it CODEDDS Ver - - - NTFSx nbsp nbsp Run by my name at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional nbsp nbsp GMT Firefox and Chrome Not Working, Very slow comp/ Computer 2 - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated nbsp nbsp DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP DVD Umbrella DVDTray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exesvchost exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Skype Plugins Plugins D B CC E A CC E TalkAndWrite exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data QuestDns questdns exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files QuestDns questdns exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings my name USER- F D Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google ca uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo comuSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie htmluSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo commSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe uRun ctfmon... Read more

A:Firefox and Chrome Not Working, Very slow comp/ Computer 2

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336360/firefox-and-chrome-not-working-very-slow-comp-computer-2/
Relevancy 66.22%

Every time I turn on my Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, I get the following message:
"The AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available. Please connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or greater for the best system performance."
I don't know why I am getting this message since:
- I am using the 65W Dell AC adapter that came with the laptop- The adapter is charging the battery properly- The green light on the adapter stays on all the time when in use- The port connection is fine
So, other than this annoying error message, everything seems to be working fine. Should I just ignore it ?  If not, what else do you recommend I do ?

A:PC not recognizing AC adapter although it is working well.

Hi lsavinon,
Welcome to the Community,
Since you're conforming the battery is charging fine and Adapter light always stays on,try going to BIOS (Tap F2 at start up),check under the Main screen if AC adapter is getting detected normally(if it shows 65 watt adapter).
If it shows 65 watt and if you want to get rid of that error message on start up,in BIOS go to Advanced tab,find Adapter warning and disable it.
Note:Once you disable this setting for adapter warning,in future if there is a real problem with the adapter,system will not warn you about any such problem.
Thank You

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19454684
Relevancy 66.22%

I have windows XP and up until recently I put a DVD in my computer the dvd is not recognized. Nothing happens, it doesn't even show that a cd is there in MY Computer. The same thing happens when I put a dvd-R. About 2 months ago I remember DVDs and DVD-Rs worked and i believe not much has changed. My DVD/CD-ROM drives are MITSUMI CR_4804TE and SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148. At first I thought it was my decoder so I upgraded to powerdvd 7, but that didn't help either. It gave me a message telling me "door is open or disk is not present" Error Code: 8090000A, the thing is the door is closed. The computer shows no sign of a cd, but when I put any cd that is not a dvd it works. Sorry about my typing and if this is not clear enough, but can somebody help me with this problem?

A:DVDs are not working at all, help!

So both drives are not working? Is that correct? Open the computer, while it's off and re-seat the cables to the motherboard. Then start the computer and go into the bios and see if they are showing there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvds-are-not-working-at-all-help.94100/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi

my dvd drive will not play dvds or cds and will not even recognize them in the drive.
i have reinstalled the drivers but it didn't help and it says on properties tab that this device is working properly.
my laptop is an asus a54c and only 4 months old.

my dvdrw properties are
slimtype dvd a ds8a8sh dvd/cd-rom drives

location 1
this device is working properly
ST320LT020-9YG142 disc drives

location 0 (is that location right?? i ran diskmgmt.msc and dvd drive was not there should it be??? my dvd rw drive e still appears
on the my computer screen)

i really don't know much about computers so any help would be appreciated

thanks

A:dvds not working

The DVD should show up in the disk management window but only in the bottom portion of the window. It will usually call it a CD-ROM but says DVD right under it. First make sure the DVD didn't actually get accidentally disconnected. Usually on newer laptops the dvd drive can be ejected from the laptop by pushing a small slide button on the bottom of the laptop. It should be labeled. Turn off the laptop and remove the drive by sliding the switch and pulling out gently on the drive. Use some air to gently blow off the dust and reinsert it. It should slide in easily and you should feel and hear a distinct "click" once it is seated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450273/dvds-not-working/
Relevancy 65.79%

I think I may have been infected My computer seems to be running slow and avast no longer works I tried uninstalling avast in order to do a fresh reinstall but the uninstaller hangs up at about half way and will not continue Also Firefox stopped working When I attempt to open it I get nothing not even a window saying it crashed doesn't work Thanks in advance for any help Tech avast + computer firefox running stopped slow, working Support can give with this issue DDS computer running slow, avast + firefox stopped working Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sarah at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Outdated C D F - -E C- AA- DAD F SP avast Antivirus Disabled Outdated C E - -EBB - A A- CA AE B B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioService C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging smart web printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp facebook com uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m nv series uSearch Page uSearch Bar mStart Page hxxp homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ... Read more

A:computer running slow, avast + firefox stopped working

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-running-slow-avast-firefox-stopped-working-592201.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there.

I looked it up cases like mine, but found no other.

I got a new desktop recently, and after a month or so, I believe it was after an update (not sure) it stopped recognizing the TV... I tested with a monitor of a friend, using a HDMI cable and it worked fine.

I tested other cables and other TVs, tried to update my v?deo driver and also revert it to the previous version...

Nothing seems to work, I got a new TV just to play my games, don't like Win 8 too much and cannot afford a new monitor right now (just got TV + desktop).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

A:Win10 not recognizing TV - HDMI working fine though...

Sounds like a "handshake" problem to me.
Try this troubleshooting guide:
HDCP / HDMI Handshake Troubleshooting and Guidelines when HDMI Equipment produces snow or no signal

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39929-win10-not-recognizing-tv-hdmi-working-fine-though.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, Im new to the forum. Recently my programs have stopped recognizing my internet connection. I first noticed it on Warcraft 3 and then on zune marketplace. Mozilla firefox and internet explorer work on my desktop but only firefox works on my laptop. However Thunderbird works on the laptop. I have disabled windows firewall, opened ports and allowed the programs through firewall but still nothing works. Im having serious battlenet withdrawals especially now that starcraft 2 is out... please help.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there.

I looked it up cases like mine, but found no other.

I got a new desktop recently, and after a month or so, I believe it was after an update (not sure) it stopped recognizing the TV... I tested with a monitor of a friend, using a HDMI cable and it worked fine.

I tested other cables and other TVs, tried to update my v?deo driver and also revert it to the previous version...

Nothing seems to work, I got a new TV just to play my games, don't like Win 8 too much and cannot afford a new monitor right now (just got TV + desktop).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

A:Win10 not recognizing TV - HDMI working fine though...

Sounds like a "handshake" problem to me.
Try this troubleshooting guide:
HDCP / HDMI Handshake Troubleshooting and Guidelines when HDMI Equipment produces snow or no signal

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/39929-win10-not-recognizing-tv-hdmi-working-fine-though.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 64.93%

Dear All

I have a a midi tower system which has two front USBs and four at the rear. My 11 month old pulled the iPod shuffle from the front USB and took with the small white plastic whitgit thing from teh USB slot int eh PC.

So I plugged it in around the back and it seemed OK.

But then, ALL USBS stopped working. The bluetooth dongle did not light up and the printer was saying it was not connected.

Then I noticed that although i was getting power to both my DVD drives and they were lighting up etc, the system was not recognising them.

Any idea what could have happened and how to mend it please?

Thanks all
Craig

A:All USBs and DVDs stopped working - help me please

G'day, disney cjd, this problem sounds particularly nasty, it is very likely that when the small white plasticy thingo came out it has caused a power short circuit which has likely upset the earths polar rotation and orbit.
I would suggest removing the case cover and unplugging the leads from the front USBs, if you might be the right religion the rear USB's printer and other drives may be restored. If not you might need to oil your wheelbarrow full of money for a trip to the motherboard shop.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-usbs-and-dvds-stopped-working-help-me-please.367379/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a gateway with a tsstcorp dvd rw mlti format double layer drive and very suddenly I can no longer watch movies Games play cds play audio fine not - working games,cds dvds anymore ok But I put in a movie dvds not working anymore - games,cds ok and it s like there s no disc here We ve watched movies on it for over a year so I checked multiple movies that once worked I ve followed dvds not working anymore - games,cds ok the troubleshooting tried to update driver The wizard could find no better driver than what is already being used I DO NOT get an error message I just don t get anything to show up either under My Computer or in Media Center or Media player Oh and if it helps we have Windows XP Media Center Edition This stumps me I read somewhere quot Security Update for Windows Media Player KB quot was a problem but I even went to add remove programs and couldn t find that paticular update so I couldn t uninstall that Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvds-not-working-anymore-games-cds-ok.702572/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I Autoplay CDs working Solved: not DVDs and for have a laptop with Windows XP SP and it suddenly stopped autoplaying my CDs and DVDs Now when I insert a CD or DVD in the drive it opens a windows explorer Solved: Autoplay not working for CDs and DVDs search results page with the search fields on the left and the results pane on the right The results pane is blank and the search fields are blank except for the quot Look in quot field in that box it says the name of the DVD or CD that I m trying to play for example if I m trying to play an X-Men DVD then it will say X-Men D I tried to reset autoplay but that didn t work I also downloaded and ran the Microsoft Autofix and it did not fix the problem I ran autofix once restarted the computer and checked to see if Solved: Autoplay not working for CDs and DVDs a DVD would autoplay and it did not so I ran the Autofix a second time Here are the logs from both Autofix runs AutoFix V Time - - Microsoft Windows Version Service Pack lt gt Test The Shell Hardware Detection service Solved: Autoplay not working for CDs and DVDs is running - Instance N A Result AutoStart Setting OK Result The Shell Hardware Detection service is running OK Test Policies - Instance D Drive Type Result HKCU Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun Problems Present gt gt Repair lt lt HKCU Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun Step Resetting policy HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer NoDriveTypeAutorun to x Result This AutoPlay setting was successfully fixed gt gt Required action The user must log off and log on again ---RESTARTED laptop---------- AutoFix V Time - - Microsoft Windows Version Service Pack lt gt Test The Shell Hardware Detection service is running - Instance N A Result AutoStart Setting OK Result The Shell Hardware Detection service is running OK Test Policies - Instance D Drive Type Result HKCU Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Present Result HKLM Policies NoDrives OK Present Result HKLM Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Absent Result Driver level policies OK HKLM Services cdrom Autorun Present lt Allows gt HKLM Services cdrom Parameters Autorun Absent lt Allows gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysEnable Absent lt Not set gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysDisable Absent lt Not set gt Test Drive Notification - Instance D Drive Type Result Legacy Notification OK Result AutoPlay V Notification Problems Service Silent Shell Deaf gt gt Repair lt lt Autoplay V Event Step No steps to take Result This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed Either the device is malfunctioning or the wizard cannot determine the problem gt gt Required action The wizard found problems but cannot fix them - gt None Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks psylock nbsp

A:Solved: Autoplay not working for CDs and DVDs

MS has a tool: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2648

Or you can just do it manually: http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/WBTA20000846.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autoplay-not-working-for-cds-and-dvds.1102814/
Relevancy 64.93%

A few days ago I found out my hard drive had stopped working, and today it was finally fixed. So I proceded to download Windows 7, and after a couple of hours it was ready. Only now when I insert a CD, or a DVD into my E drive, it will not work and often tells me to insert a disc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive, but it still does not work. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful.

A:CDs/DVDs not working after loading Windows 7.

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-dvds-not-working-after-loading-windows-7.914403/
Relevancy 63.21%

Please help! I found one thread on here where someone had the same issue, and there were links to two "Fixes" ...one of them worked for the CD I inserted during the process..it showed up in iTunes in everything. When I took the CD out and tried to put it in a new one, it went back to the same thing - saying there is no disc in the drive. I tried running the fix again and this time it keeps saying not fixed. I was so excited because it looked like it worked, but no. The computer says that the drive is working properly, but obviously it isn't. HP wants to charge $60+ to fix it because it's a few months out of warranty. I am not especially tech savvy, please help!!!!!!

A:My CD drive won't read any CDs or DVDs, says device is working properl

Hello MeganMKennedy. Welcome to the forum.

The most common problem is that iTunes adds an UPPERFILTERS key to your registry. Deleting that key can correct the problem if that is the case.

This solution is very common and has been suggested and done many times and is quite easy.

The following link provides 2 solutions. The first "Mr Fixit" just does the deletion automatically. If you want to check for it and delete it manually you canm use option 2.
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

If it is not that then you can try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd...problems/en-us

Device Manager will say the device is working properly only because it is 1) recognized by the BIOS, and 2) has a working driver. This, of course, ignores the fact that the device has problems functioning. It is an annoying message to see when you are having a problem!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/243672-my-cd-drive-wont-read-any-cds-dvds-says-device-working-properl.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have WMP 10, with Intervideo dvd x pack. It will not allow me to turn on subtitles or captions when watching dvds. If there is no dvd in the drive i can set subtitle to "on if available", but as soon as i insert a dvd the option is removed.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Willis

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-player-subtitles-not-working-when-playing-dvds-198142.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I needed to do a system recovery, I performed a backup onto dvds, when I tried to do a recovery of the backup the program stopped working. Any help in what I should do to restore my backup?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager-of-backup-dvds-stops-working/td-p/5840936
Relevancy 63.21%

Whatever I m infected with doesn t want me running GMER because I ve tried running it twice and each time I clicked Scan my computer displayed the blue error screen and shut down I was able to get dds to function though DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Parker Family at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion working, down, doesn't mcafee scans complete stopped GMER makes computer shut my Firefox Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans McProxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Windows system rundll exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exeC Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k HPServicec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Users Parker Family AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Actual Window Minimizer ActualWindowMinimizerCenter exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files HP Bluetooth Laser Mobile Mouse MulMouse exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exeC Windows system sppsvc exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Parker Family Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www s... Read more

A:Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306816/firefox-stopped-working-gmer-makes-my-computer-shut-down-mcafee-doesnt-complete-scans/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a DVD+R/RW drive, and recently bought some Staples DVD+R discs for my PC. I use Musicmatch's Burner program, as well as a cheaper program (Burn and Go Nitro CD/DVD) that usually did the trick. I have been in desperate need to back up my files, and was able to make one copy with the Burn and Go Nitro. The thing is, when I insert this disc in my PC, when I am in Windows XP's "My Computer" screen, my drive(s) do not recognize the disc [I have a DVD-Rom drive and my DVD+R/RW burner]; the disc actually changes the drive to now read "CD Drive"?!?!?! WTF is that?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all

I have been trying to fix this problem on my own for quite some time now and have given up so i came here for help. My dvd drive only reads dvd's and will not recognize empty ones so i can burn. it does the same for cd's. I tryed switching my drive with a different one and it still doesnt work. since i switched it i do not think that it is the drive i think it has to do with something else in the pc. or not having the drive.

my pc is a compaq presario s4100nx

specs are:

1gb ram

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B

ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.50GHz

any other information you need. please let me know!

thanks in advance

A:DVD drive not recognizing DVDs

If you've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drive with no luck then it could be
Possible IDE controller problem
in device manager > remove IDE controllers.. all of them. > reboot > IDE Controllers will be reinstalled automatically
This is step 7 in the troubleshooting guide found here
http://winhlp.com/node/10
I would read through the whole guide just in case there are indicators you see (and you haven't listed in the post) which would lead to a better solution.
Hope this helps. If you could post back either way it would be appreciated by those that follow you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-not-recognizing-dvds.141554/
Relevancy 62.35%

hi again, I have a problem on my widdows xp computer. My computer also recognizes cds but not dvds, here is a pic of the dvd drive showing, also when I go to my computer and open it when I look at the drive it says cd drive I took a pic so that you can see, that there is a dvd listed, but my computer does not recognize that there is one installed. Thanks, I submitted the pic of the screen as an attachment, I hope it shows here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/also-having-problems-recognizing-dvds.648535/
Relevancy 62.35%

My dell studio 1555's disk drive doesn't recognize DVDs while it does all CDs.
Also with the CD inserted, the data transfer speed 1-4mbps only. please help me guys, i wanna install W7. I am now running vista home premium.

A:DVD writer not recognizing DVDs

There are two lasers in the drive, one for DVD and the other for CD. sounds like the DVD laser has failed. The only other problem may be a dirty lens so try running a lens cleaning disc through it. If that fails you will need a new drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-not-recognizing-dvds.166398/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys, about a couple of months ago I tried to play a DVD on my computer, and it didn't work so I just forgot about it.

But now, I have a new game that I would like to install as soon as I can and the Computer won't even recognize it. After I insert the disc the computer does nothing. I go into My Computer and double click on the drive and it says please insert a disc and spits my disc back out.

It still plays CDs just fine, it seems to be only DVDs that are the problem.

I am using an HP m8277c Desktop and Windows Vista Home Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-drive-not-recognizing-dvds.769043/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to play some of my DVDs on a computer of mine and they are not being recognized as being in the machine. Like, if I go to My Computer it says that nothing is in my DVD drive. This is not the case for all discs, but only some (usually those which were burnt uncommercially). These DVDs play fine on a DVD player and on my other computer (to which I have access to neither currently). Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

A:My DVD-ROM drive isn't recognizing some DVDs

Did you burn the DVDs? Check what type of DVD burner you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dvd-rom-drive-isnt-recognizing-some-dvds.625269/
Relevancy 61.92%

Im running this Hijack log for someone The disk not lag, Computer disk not scandisk and defrag working, working defragmentor isnt working and starting over along with the scan disk The computer lags sometimes and logs off Here is a log let me know if there is anything wrong thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSRTE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHLD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSESCN EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM AGENT MCAGENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM PERSONAL FIREWALL MPFTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES AOL COMPANION COMPANION EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE AOLTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM PERSONAL FIREWALL MPFAGENT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE WAOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE SHELLMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOLTPSPD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SLRUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOL SPYWARE PROTECTION AOLSP SCHEDULER EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome html O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHL DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO MCMNHDLR EXE quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT MCUPDATE EXE O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices AolAcsDaemon quot C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE quot O - HKLM RunServices McVsRte C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsrte exe embedding O - Startup AOL Companion lnk C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe O - Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL SEARCH HTML O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b-... Read more

A:Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working

Hi PH -

Nothing really jumps out at me in that log. Windows ME is notorious for doing just as you describe....the best way to work around that is to run them in safe mode.

As you know, HJT should not be in TEMP. Move it to a permanent location such as C:\HJT.

You may want to run an online virus check.

Run a scan using Panda ActiveScan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan. Post the log from the Panda scan here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-lag-and-disk-defrag-not-working-scandisk-not-working-58112.html
Relevancy 61.49%

The Windows 7 device manager is suggesting the DVD cdrom driver for the HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT32N SATA CdRom Device is corrupted.  I uninstalled the driver. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding a new DVD cdrom device driver.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A:The DVD/CDROM drive is not recognizing CDs/DVDs in...

Problem resolved after running diagnostics from support.microsoft.com and then turning laptop off and then on again. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/The-DVD-CDROM-drive-is-not-recognizing-CDs-DVDs-in-my-Acer/td-p/298050
Relevancy 61.49%

So out of nowhere my computer doesn't recognize cds anymore. Nothing auto plays and when I click on the Icon for the F: drive in "My Computer" it opens the drive and tells me to insert a disk. I tried advice I saw on other threads that included checking for updated drivers (done with no help) and deleting the upper/lowerfilters from the regedit file (also had no effect). I don't know where to go from here so Im pleading for your help! Thank you.

A:Vista no longer recognizing any cds/dvds

hi and welcome to TSG this may be one option to try http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2113/vista_how_to_autoplay_options/ another is to go to device manager and delete the driver for your cd drive reboot twice windows will reinstall the driver this has worked for others

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-no-longer-recognizing-any-cds-dvds.826248/
Relevancy 61.49%

Not exactly sure when the problem started, but I've noticed that my HP laptop is no longer recognizing CDs or DVDs. The drive shows up fine in My Computer. I can even eject it from there & can hear the drive as if there is a disc in there. I have tried reinstalling from the device manager but to no avail. I'm running Vista Home Premium as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD/DVD drive has stopped recognizing CDs/DVDs

Configure the BIOS boot order to CD before hard disk. Put a known-good bootable disk into the drive and restart the computer. If it boots from the CD, you have a Windows problem. If not, you need to replace the DVD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-has-stopped-recognizing-cds-dvds.909135/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have scoured the DVDs DVD+/-RW not recognizing blank WinXP in internet for the past hours My wife is pissed by now because it is Sunday and I have ignored her and the baby all day trying to resolve this I just installed an quot NEC DVD+/-RW not recognizing blank DVDs in WinXP X Black DVD RW -RW Drive Model ND- A OEM Bulk quot purchased from newegg com Of course it is OEM so it didn t come with software I got a copy of Nero and was able to burn a backup copy of my MP s onto a blank DVD without an issue The burn was successful and all the files show in Nero DVD Movies play fine as well The drive can read from CDs without an issue either The problem is that when I DVD+/-RW not recognizing blank DVDs in WinXP go to quot My Computer quot to access the DVD with the MP s I just burned the icon says quot DVD-R quot but right next to it reads quot CD Drive D quot and when I click on the drive to access the contents all I get is a blank window with no files in it When I remove the DVD from the drive it goes back to reading quot DVD-RW Drive D quot Even putting in a completely blank DVD it switches under quot My Computer quot from quot DVD-RW Drive quot to quot CD-Drive quot I have read many posts on the web I found doing Google searches and this seems to be a common problem However none of the threads seem to provide the quot fix quot nbsp

A:DVD+/-RW not recognizing blank DVDs in WinXP

Still looking for some help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-not-recognizing-blank-dvds-in-winxp.236460/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi folks All of a sudden my DVD drive has stopped recognizing DVDs Symptons Reads data CDs fine Reads audio CDs fine Inserting a DVD mouse cursor drive light flickers - but no disc is DVD recognizing Drive stopped DVDs!! recognized No errors in Device Manager It is a plain read-only vanilla DVD drive - Device Manager does not provide any manufacturer info at all Recent changes have been installing software to allow me to copy the DVDs to the hardrive Most were uninstalled but I still have DVDshrink there Having already done some troubleshooting I ve installed the latest patch of my DVD player - PowerDVD - and installed an ASPI layer there DVD Drive stopped recognizing DVDs!! wasn t any before One other new variable - after bolloxing up a CD disc I ve installed GameJack to make images to disk I also used it to create two create two vitual DVD drives to put the images in I could obviously just uninstall the two new apps - but as I do intend to keep using them for legit purposes and they seem pretty stable - I m reluctant Any help appreciated Thanks Heeb nbsp

A:DVD Drive stopped recognizing DVDs!!

there is a few lasers that read disks in a dvd driveit is quite possible that the laser that reads the dvds is bad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-stopped-recognizing-dvds.228106/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an Acer TravelMate 2480 laptop computer using Windows XP. It has a CD-Rom that will burn CDs and DVDs. The drive recognizes CDs and DVDs and is able to play them, but when I try to record onto a DVD, the blank DVD is not recognized.

The D: drive/CD drive is a Samsung HM120JI.

Under system properties, besides the above, there is also shown a TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS L-462D.

The blank DVD, which is a DVD-R (I also tried a DVD+ blank) is large enough to accommodate the file I want to put on it.

I have tried updating the driver but no updates appear to be available.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A:PC Not Recognizing Blank Writable DVDs

You may be S.O.L.

cgm707 said:

The D: drive/CD drive is a Samsung HM120JIClick to expand...

That seems to be part number for a Samsung Hard Drive.

cgm707 said:

TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS L-462D.Click to expand...

A TSST TS-L462D seems to only be able to read DVD discs, not burn them. It can only burn CDs.

cgm707 said:

using Windows XPClick to expand...

I do not believe that Windows XP has built in support for burning DVDs, you would need some third part software to burn DVDs with WIndows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-recognizing-blank-writable-dvds.776390/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok back story. Got an ipod been uploading cds last night and this morning about 5 cds later I insert the 6th and the drive wont recognize it. I had itunes open when it stopped working. I did a program cd as well and it will not recoginze that either. So it isn't specific to music.
System:
Microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack 2

Intel pentium III mobile CPU 1133mhz
1.13 GHZ 256 MB ram

From device manager:
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8081N
Driver provider microsoft
driver date 7/1/2001
driver version 5.1.2535.0
driver signer microsoft windows xp publisher

Relevancy 61.49%

The Windows 7 device manager is suggesting the DVD cdrom driver for the HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT32N SATA CdRom Device is corrupted.  I uninstalled the driver. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding a new DVD cdrom device driver.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A:The DVD/CDROM drive is not recognizing CDs/DVDs in...

Problem resolved after running diagnostics from support.microsoft.com and then turning laptop off and then on again. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/The-DVD-CDROM-drive-is-not-recognizing-CDs-DVDs-in-my-Acer/td-p/298050/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay, basically I've this computer, with card Geforce GT220. Its been working fine, till one day there's no image in the monitor when I switched on the computer. I opened up the case, everythings plugged in correctly, nothing came loose.

I then switched the cable to the onboard GPU of the computer, and the computer is working fine (of course except that it is without the Geforce GT220).. So I thought it must have been the Geforce GT220 problem.

I then plugged the Geforce GT220 onto another computer, and to my surprise, that computer actually worked and the GT220 is actually working fine.

So now what's the likely problem? Any info you guys may need? Appreciate any help over here.

A:Graphic Card not working in a computer but working on another.

Turn off the computer. Unplug the power. Remove the video card. Connect both PC and monitor to VGA connections. Plug in the power cord. Start computer. Is there a picture?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/221519-graphic-card-not-working-computer-but-working-another.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I m all? router Internet working its on says working computer, but one is on only kind of new to this so please bear with me I currently have computers in the house that are connected through a wired connection The internet is provided by Comcast and we have a port wired router as well The modem supplies the internet and then the modem is connected Internet is only working on one computer, but router says its working on all? to an uplink on the port switch On the routerthere s ethernet cable to the main computer to another computer to the Xbox and another to a wireless adapter type of thing Now all the lights are on and the activity light is blinking like it always is but the internet is still only working on the main computer So it says everything is working but its not I ve called Internet is only working on one computer, but router says its working on all? Comcast and they said there s no problems and that the connection should be working fine and its just a problem with my router I ve tried the power cycle and it would usually work but this time around nothing s been working Tried resetting the modem and it doesn t fix it Need help to get the internet working on all the other computers Please and thanks nbsp

A:Internet is only working on one computer, but router says its working on all?

The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-only-working-on-one-computer-but-router-says-its-working-on-all.833229/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to burn a dvd-r with imgburn but the dvd drive says the dvd-r disc I inserted is not empty when it is. I'm sure this is a software problem. Any solution to this problem?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Pioneer DVR-111D DVD Drive...It always worked fine, with all dvds I bought. I now am using Staples Brand DVD-R discs, I went through about half the pack and they all worked fine(I mainly burn ISOs)...My ISO burning software is the infamous ImgBurn. But all of a sudden, when i put a dvd in ImgBurn reports back that it is only 139mb, and wont let anything bigger than that burn.Anybody have a clue as to how to fix this?

A:windows is only recognizing blank dvds as 139mb?

Is this ImgBurn a freeware/trail version?

It would do the same with MagicISO for me. But as soon as I bought the software it read the full 700MB/4.7GB(DVD's)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176309/windows-is-only-recognizing-blank-dvds-as-139mb/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an nVidia 680i motherboard with one onboard IDE controller with a DVD-ROM and a DVD-RW drive attached. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. If there is a CD or DVD in one of the drives when booting Vista, I can access that CD or DVD from within Vista until I eject it. Once I eject the CD, Vista shows the drive as empty. I can put in any CD at that point and Vista won't recognize it. I have to either remove the drives from device manager and add them back or reboot the PC to see the new CD. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Thanks in advance for you help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-recognizing-inserted-cds-and-dvds.606490/
Relevancy 60.2%

After having it freezing now its crashing here's the crash report container firefox stopped has for Firefox (plugin working) crashing the only plugin that i have is the shockwave flash ff version this happened on older versions too Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name plugin-container exe Application Version Application Timestamp c a Fault Module Name mozalloc dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp be ee Exception Code Exception Offset OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Firefox crashing (plugin container for firefox has stopped working) a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Event viewer Log Name Application Source Application Error Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Aurora Description Faulting application name plugin-container exe version time stamp x c a Faulting module name mozalloc dll version time stamp x be ee Exception code x Fault offset x Faulting process id x ac Faulting application start time x cffeabbd cc Faulting application path C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox mozalloc dll Report Id ac- a f- e - b- cd bab fb Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Aurora lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt plugin-container exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c a lt Data gt lt Data gt mozalloc dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt be ee lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt ac lt Data gt lt Data gt cffeabbd cc lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox mozalloc dll lt Data gt lt Data gt ac- a f- e - b- cd bab fb lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e

A:Firefox crashing (plugin container for firefox has stopped working)

Go to Index page ? mozillaZine Forums ; on the right-side of the screen, in the search box for Boards, enter "plugin container crashes" (without the quotation marks) and read some of the threads, which may lead you to the solution.

My quick look at a few of those threads indicated that hardware acceleration may be the culprit; if you need help with that, do another search for that subject.

There was an amusing incident on mozillaZine recently concerning hardware acceleration: One person posted a vituperative message blaming the moderators for frequently suggesting turning off hardware acceleration on the grounds that doing that had never helped a single person.

The very next thread I read was from a person thanking the moderators: He had been told to try turning off hardware acceleration, he did so, and his problem was solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352000-firefox-crashing-plugin-container-firefox-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi!
I've set my autorun to autoplay DVDs in media center when inserted. When playing a video off my HD in the Media Center, then inserting a DVD, Vista refuses to see the DVD or any other movie I insert! When I quit Media Center, the DVD is suddenly recognized and everything works fine. I want to use this without a keyboard in my living room, so this solution isn't viable. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, this is my first post, so I'm sorry if I posted something incorrectly!

A:Vista not recognizing DVDs while Media Center is Running

Use a program like PowerDVD, it works much better for DVD's.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/208252-vista-not-recognizing-dvds-while-media-center-running.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell Dimension years old with a CD RW drive and a CD DVD read only drive The CD RW drive works just fine I have never used the DVD drive but now I am trying to Dell drive DVDs 4600 Dimension DVD not recognizing install a new graphics software program from a DVD and the drive does not recognize it I have gone through all the troubleshooting options but nothing helps The computer keeps telling me the drive is working fine The drive also does not recognize CDs I tried working with the quot Autoplay quot adjustments but I m not sure which type of file to pick since this isn t music or video I tried an interesting variety but nothing helped When I put the DVD in the light flickers three or four times and goes out When I click on the drive it just says quot please insert a disk into the drive quot even though the DVD is already in there The drive is a Dell Dimension 4600 DVD drive not recognizing DVDs Samsung DVD-ROM SD- E I looked for a driver update on their website but found nothing It seems the computer sees it as a CD drive but shows Dell Dimension 4600 DVD drive not recognizing DVDs its location as zero I tried deactivating the other CD RW drive which is shown as in location but that made no difference I am not computer illiterate but also not a computer tech expert and relatively poor so I want to be careful not to inactivate my entire computer which is of course out of warranty trying to fix the problem Any suggestions are appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Sorry to sound blonde but PC keeps crashing, it's a new lappy with windows 7 and had safari and IE on it... I was advised to up load firefox 64-bit and safari 64-bit but every time i look for them there on what look's like dodgy site, can anyone offer me some advise on this?? thanks

A:firefox 64 bit or safari 64 bit

Firefox is still testing out the 64-Bit version:

Firefox Takes First Steps Into 64-Bit Territory | Webmonkey*| Wired.com

Right now, there is no 64-Bit version of Flash Player, meaning that a great many embedded videos wouldn't work.

I'd recommend the 32-Bit version:

Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/100485-firefox-64-bit-safari-64-bit.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a significant problem with my computers not recognizing my d-link router. I screwed something up today and now my router won't work. I have had the router for years working just fine, but today I was trying to connect a new kindle which wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and I lost the router after screwing around with configuration.

Basically I've been trying to re-install the router, I changed the SSID but it appears the d-link quick router setup software recognizes the modem as the router and won't re-intall my router thus denying me access. Has anyone ever ran into a situation such as this? Please help...

A:D-Link Software recognizing modem as Router, router not working

Find the reset switch (usually a smal hole and you press a paper clip into it for ~5sec).

That will bring it back to day-1 default settings.

Unless you are attaching to the modem/router using USB, there's no software to be installed
(that's only used for USB) - -
just cable the eithernet cable to a LAN port on the router and then you can configure it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-software-recognizing-modem-as-router-router-not-working.155807/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am running Windows XP I believe SP A few days ago I picked up some kind of malware and I tried to scan using McAfee and it found nothing I did a system restore for a few days prior and that seemed to help But I still am getting google links hijacked in both Fire fox and Safari I really appreciate any help Here is my Hijackthis log Hijacks Safari and Firefox Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Firefox and Safari Hijacks Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files IDrive IDriveE Service exe C Program Firefox and Safari Hijacks Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee Firefox and Safari Hijacks McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files My Lockbox flockbox exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files System Explorer SystemExplorer exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files TiVo Desktop TranscodingService exe C Program Files TiVo Desktop TiVoNotify exe C Program Files TechSmith Jing Jing exe C MindMaster MindMasterV exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Transfer TiVoTransfer exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files stickies stickies exe C Program Files IDrive IDriveETray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files IDrive IDriveEBackground exe C Program Files TiVo Desktop TiVoServer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files ITEKSOFT eDocPrinter PDF Pro epdfact exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Micr... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

Ok This is the limited experience I have with these browsers IE - Seems to do just fine Oh lord MS kills me Opera - I had Opera Mini on my blackberry and I am currently checking to see if it will work on the Samsung Blackjack II Does anyone have input on the functionality of Opera in contrast to IE Safari - I ran this on a macbook I had and I have to say I enjoyed the layout and functions Is it much different running on XP Firefox - I want to slay Mozilla It reminds me of going to a website viewing at HTML changing Icons and then selling it as your own Ultimately I want something functional with all of my e-mail accounts Ebay Selling Buying Paypal transactions Gaming Guides You know you play them too OMG! IE/Opera/Safari/Firefox... and honestly It wouldn't hurt to have a good new's feed or IE/Opera/Safari/Firefox... OMG! weather feed for my area Please let me know which I should investigate I run Charter Security Suite and it HATES Chrome Anyone else have experience on how to make it more convenient

A:IE/Opera/Safari/Firefox... OMG!

You might want to try Chrome Frame. Google released this plugin last week. It gives Chrome functionality to IE8. This article at Lifehacker explains it better than I can and has a link to the Google Code website so you can download Chrome Frame.http://lifehacker.com/5365253/google-chrom...nchrome-browser

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261693/ieoperasafarifirefox-omg/
Relevancy 57.62%

Does anyone know which versions of Opera work with Vista? Here is a link to a page which lists all the earlier versions:http://www.opera.com/download/guide...Anyone familiar with Safari for Windows or Firefox? I think both of these support XP and Vista.Thanks.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/safari-opera-or-firefox/14092.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The Yahoo and Google homepage stopped working in all my browsers: Safari , Firefox , MS IE 7 and Shiira. I get a page with almost no content and a notice that says:

In order to see all the new Yahoo! home page has to offer, please upgrade to a more recent browser.
Supported browsers include:
Internet Explorer 7 optimized by Yahoo!
Internet Explorer 6
Firefox 2.0.04
It was working fine until Monday this week. I can't think of anything I did system-wide that would have caused this problem (actually, I didn't make any system-wide changes at all).

On an outside chance, I threw out all Yahoo cookies and Safari prefs, but no help.

Any ideas?

Max

A:Ie,firefox,safari Problem

could be becuase of a virus . uninstall this browsers and do afull scan then install it againe I hope it work and fix this problem .

..... ...........

wait other ideas from members .​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-firefox-safari-problem.591314/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I am on a Dell with Windows XP Media Center Edition with Service Pack 3 and I am having problems with my internet. It has been like this for a few months and I have just gotten the time to deal with this problem, when I open up Safari or I.E. I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page," but Firefox works just fine, it is a problem because it is causing other programs to not be able to connect. I have tried uninstalling Firefox but then I.E. and Safari still didn't work so I had to System Restore to get Firefox back to normal, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Colin.

A:Firefox Works But IE/Safari Don't

Ty resetting winsox

If you have XP-SP3 or Vista, you should use the built-in repair for the WINSOCK and TCP/IP stack. If you have XP-SP1 or earlier (and any previous version of Windows), you should use the Automated WINSOCK Fix all Windows Versions. I've included all the resets here.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/firefox-works-but-ie-safari-dont-351551.html
Relevancy 57.62%

For some odd reason, all of a sudden, I can't connect to the internet when using IE7, and Safari. However, Firefox works fine.IE7's ErrorThe page cannot be found.This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address.Safari's ErrorBad Request (Invalid Hostname)This happens regardless of what website I try to connect to.

A:Ie7 And Safari Don't Connect, But Firefox Does

If this has started occurring since the last Windows Update, it may be a problem with KB937143.Please have a look at this thread from Micro$oft's IE7 News Group.Try and determine if there is a problem with an extension by starting IE in No Add-Ons mode.Then determine if IE still fails. If not, use Tools/ Manage Add-Ons to disable all browser extensions and toolbars.Restart IE and re-enable the browser extensions one at a time.When you've found a problematic extension, contact the manufacturer to see if there is an update .If that isn't the case, Click Start / Run / type in; cmd/ and at the black command screen type in; ipconfig /flushdnsand/or try:Start / Run / type in; regsvr32 urlmon.dllClick Okay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105624/ie7-and-safari-dont-connect-but-firefox-does/
Relevancy 57.62%

i run a site where people can watch any episode of flight of the conchords, but i get a lot of visitors using msie and then i get a lot of emails saying that most of the episodes dont play right. i just refer them to firefox, but is there any other way i can help them??

A:Firefox Works But IE/Safari Don't

try to tell them to maybe update flash player? are the videos hosted on your computer too? or are they from another website?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/firefox-works-but-ie-safari-dont-352559.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Went to speed-battle.com to test my browsers - all latest versions of Safari, Firefox, Chrome. Safari tested much faster than both other browsers. Firefox tested slowest.

What?! Since when did Safari become a fast browser?!

It's too bad all these browsers can not combine their strengths. I have to stick with bloated Firefox.

A:Safari faster than Chrome & Firefox

Did you disable all your addons and make sure your plugins are up to date (click here) before running the tests in Firefox and Chrome?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/safari-faster-than-chrome-and-firefox-593384.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I followed the guide on this site for fixing the WindowsRepair virus but Firefox and Safari & Firefox Safari Redirect WindowsRepair, are still redirecting everything Please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm WindowsRepair, Firefox & Safari Redirect exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Chris Desktop HijackThis exeC Windows System mobsync exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer WindowsRepair, Firefox & Safari Redirect Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - WindowsRepair, Firefox & Safari Redirect C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRunO - HKLM Run ATICustomerCare quot C Program Files ATI ATICustomerCare ATICustomerCare exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR S CTASIO DLLO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe... Read more

A:WindowsRepair, Firefox & Safari Redirect

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply her... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388736/windowsrepair-firefox-safari-redirect/
Relevancy 56.76%

A few days ago these fake antivirus scans kept popping up on our desktop and our internet kept redirecting us to random sites everytime I clicked or typed in on a link I bought Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus at walmar and it had deleted some of the problems cookies adware a few trojans etc and the rogue scans aren t showing up anymore but my internet browsers on IE Firefox Safari etc keep redirecting me to some other site I ll click on a link on Google search for example and on the bottom or top tab it ll say quot waiting for etc example or some IP address DNS server I don t know what it is and it ll redirect me to that site I had Spybot on my computer but anything I install that Malware Anti-Malwarebyte that I ve heard about or Ad-Aware etc anything remotely related to sypware will not work open regardles if it is on safemode w or w o networking It ll start to scan then it ll exit out and when I try to reopen it a box pops up saying that it cannot find it and that I do not have authorization something along those lines I finally fixed the add-on problem on Firefox and installed the add-ons Ad Block Plus and NoScript and that has partially helped but I have to refresh the Internet Hijacking? Safari, (IE9, Firefox) browser link on the navigation bar select the link and enter so that it will open I hasn t worked for all the sites but it has worked a little I had IE and updated it to IE but to no avail Internet (IE9, Safari, Firefox) Hijacking? I can Internet (IE9, Safari, Firefox) Hijacking? usually fix virus problems but I don t know what the matter is I ran ComboFix so please help me fix my computer By the way I just checked and ComboFIx may hax fixed the internet redirecting problem since i can vew images and I haven t been redirected yet but i still have a problem with deleting and opening the software quot Like Hijack Pro quot that I installed it keeps saying i don t have sufficient access etc to remove it ComboFix - - - Ochiwar - x Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Ochiwar Documents fonts fonts fonts Downloads Downloads ComboFix exeFW Norton AntiVirus enabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall disabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B SP SUPERAntiSpyware enabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c program files FLV Direct Playerc program files FLV Direct Player downloading swfc program files FLV Direct Player FLVPlayer exec program files FLV Direct Player player swfc program files FLV Direct Player preload swfc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV Button bmpc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV Logo bmpc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV skin xmlc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV SysCloseButton bmpc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV SysMaxButton bmpc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV SysMinButton bmpc program files FLV Direct Player Skin DirectFLV Window bmpc program files FLV Direct Player uninstall exec programdata Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs FLV Direct Playerc programdata Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs FLV Direct Player FLV Direct Player lnkc programdata Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs FLV Direct Player Uninstall FLV Direct Player lnkc users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local xxec users Ochiwar AppData Local ie runner app exec users Ochiwar AppData Local rdr exec users Ochiwar AppData Local rdr exec users Ochiwar AppData Local rdr exec users Ochiwar AppData Local rdr exec users Ochiwar AppData Local rdr exec users Ochiwar AppData Local rdr exec users Ochiw... Read more

A:Internet (IE9, Safari, Firefox) Hijacking?

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349786/internet-ie9-safari-firefox-hijacking/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have Chrome Safari Firefox and IE and i cannot download anything Scanned my computer with Malware bytes Spybot search and destroy and Kaspersky They detected some malwares and Trojans and removed them but it hasn't sorted the issue Last night I got an adobe update and after installing that I started having this problem First it affected Chrome but i was able to download from other browsers but they have all been affected today Here's the log from Malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Trial www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows x NTFS Internet Explorer user USER-PC administrator Protection Enabled PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C D E M Chrome, download Firefox, Safari IE, Cannot from Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s Cannot download from IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari minute s second s Memory Processes Detected C ProgramData BetterSoft OptimizerPro OptimizerPro exe PUP Optional OptimizerPro A - gt - gt Delete on reboot Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Cannot download from IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari Registry Keys Cannot download from IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari Detected HKCR AppID B -C A- A- - DD AE PUP Optional SpeedAnalysis A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR AppID D EBF- C D- - FD- E F D PUP Optional DefaultTab A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TypeLib DCABB - E- C - -ECBEE AF PUP Optional Smart - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR Interface AC D- E- - F B- B B F PUP Optional Smart - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU Software funmoodsToolbar PUP Optional FunMoods A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE BI PUP Optional FilesFrog A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU Software Google Chrome Extensions bbjciahceamgodcoidkjpchnokgfpphh PUP Funmoods - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU Software Google Chrome Extensions cjpglkicenollcignonpgiafdgfeehoj PUP FunMoods - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE INSTALLCORE PUP Optional InstallCore A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Google Chrome Extensions bbjciahceamgodcoidkjpchnokgfpphh PUP Funmoods - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Google Chrome Extensions cjpglkicenollcignonpgiafdgfeehoj PUP FunMoods - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Detected HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar A C EC-ED E- ACE-A F - C F EF PUP Funmoods - gt Data - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar A C EC-ED E- ACE-A F - C F EF PUP Funmoods - gt Data Funmoods Toolbar - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU Software BI ui path filesfrog PUP Optional FilesFrog A - gt Data HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall FilesFrog Update Checker - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU Software InstallCore tb PUP Optional InstallCore A - gt Data K K K T T Q O UtGyEtH ItFyB - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected C ProgramData Tarma Installer PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C B PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer E BE- B- -BF -A C B Cache PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer DF - D - EE- F -C FB D F B PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData Tarma Installer DF - D - EE- F -C FB D F B Cache PUP Optional Tarma A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData BetterSoft OptimizerPro PUP Optional OptimizerPro A - gt Delete on reboot C ProgramData BetterSoft OptimizerPro PUP Optional OptimizerPro A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users user AppData Roaming OpenCandy PUP Optional... Read more

A:Cannot download from IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510313/cannot-download-from-ie-firefox-chrome-safari/
Relevancy 56.76%

I seem to have livesearchnow and others redirecting me to 68.xxx. etc. Can you please help me remove them.

Thank you sooo much for you assistance.

A:Livesearchnow and others redirecting safari, firefox,etc

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I need to get some reports to get a base to start from so I need you to run these programs first.-DeFogger-Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-Download DDS-Please download DDS from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3
Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logsIn your next post I need the following

both reports from DDS report from security checklet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474061/livesearchnow-and-others-redirecting-safari-firefoxetc/
Relevancy 56.76%

Cannot delete dogs trust advert showing all round screen in Firefox and Safari on iPad.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/how-delete-adverts-firefox-safari-4597288/
Relevancy 56.76%

All three browsers get ad pop ups and redirects to various cheap search sites and some quot Work at home quot Firefox, Ads redirects up Explorer and in Pop Safari. and ads ALso get messages when redirect like quot Congratulations quot and quot You are Pop up Ads and redirects in Firefox, Explorer and Safari. in need of virus protection quot yeah no bleep This is a work laptop and my IS dept is worthless Please noble IS robin hoods HELP DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall disabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchSVCHOST EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsSVCHOST EXESVCHOST EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeSVCHOST EXEC Program Files Altiris Altiris Agent AeXNSAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exeSVCHOST EXEC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exeC Program Files Novatel Wireless Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager OSCMUtilityService exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exeC WINDOWS TEMP EC EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exeC Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exeC Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntupd exeC WINDOWS system lxcjcoms exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exeC WINDOWS system mstsc exeC Program Files Safari Safari exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllTB E BE D-A A- F - DC - F A CC - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync Wcescomm exe quot mRun LaunchApp AlaunchmRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun SkyTel SkyTel EXEmRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEmRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek installshield AzMixerSel exemRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun ntiMUI c program files newtech infosystems nti cd amp dvd-maker ntiMUI exemRun lt NO NAME gt mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentmRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNCmRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMENamemRun eDataSecurity Loader c acer empowering technology edatasecurity eDSloader exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exemRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exemRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exemRun eRecoveryService c acer empowering technology erecovery eRAgent exemRun OfficeScanNT Monitor quot c program files trend micro officescan client pccntmon... Read more

A:Pop up Ads and redirects in Firefox, Explorer and Safari.

Hello dangordon0128, Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix: Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4 Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how. Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator) A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply2.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. **Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help youshould your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.Things to include in your next reply:Combofix.txtHow is the machine running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316381/pop-up-ads-and-redirects-in-firefox-explorer-and-safari/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello there I OK redirected, safari Firefox/IE searches search in firefox or IE for quot chicken soup quot The results Firefox/IE searches redirected, safari OK look normal in the descriptions like wikipedia or allrecipes com Then when you click on one it takes you to some junk site like www wyp net www findlinks com freescan antivirus com chicken soup html I guess my browser has been quot hijacked quot Earlier before finding this site I ran malbytes and had many infections which I told it to remove THis problem did not go away however I do run up-to-date McAfee security THANK YOU DDS TXT contents DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tina at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Firefox/IE searches redirected, safari OK XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs c PROGRA mcafee Firefox/IE searches redirected, safari OK com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files GreenPrint Technologies GreenPrint World GPPrinterNotify exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files GreenPrint Technologies GreenPrint World GPTray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings Tina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www dell com mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Page hxxp www google com mSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mSearchMigratedDefaultURL a f f e f f c e f d f uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchURL a f f e f f c e f d f mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter c e- f e- d c- f-f bd d cf - c progra mcafee msk mcapbho dll BHO DriveLe... Read more

A:Firefox/IE searches redirected, safari OK

Howdy, my name is Hoov, and I will be helping you with your dilemma. I am sorry it took so long to get you help.Please make sure you watch this thread for responses. If you click the options tab at the top of your first post, you can select to track this thread. Here is what I am asking you to do during the repair of your computer*Tell me everything that you have done, if anything, to try and fix this problem.*Please only use 1 forum to help clear up your problem. Posting on more than 1 and following instructions from more than 1 forum will cause those helping you to pull out thier hair.*Follow my instructions - If you can't for some reason, or if you don't understand something, please tell me. If you deviate from my instructions, tell me, it may make a difference on where we go. Don't install anything, even other programs that have nothing to do with security or malware, it could cause things to change, and I would never know it. *Have faith. I will do all I can to get your computer working, and if I can't - someone else here will know something else to try. *Stick with me to the end. My aim is to fix your problems, and give you the tools and knowledge to keep this from happening again.Now onto trying to fix your computer. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.If... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193096/firefoxie-searches-redirected-safari-ok/
Relevancy 56.76%

Quote IE vs Firefox 3.6.3, Safari Firefox vs. 4.1, Opera Chrome 10.52, IE9 Chrome Opera Safari vs Same Markup Internet Explorer s evolution with the release of Platform Preview is illustrative of the work the company is doing with the goal of achieving same markup across all browsers But same markup the same HTML same CSS and same script working IE9 vs. Firefox 3.6.3, Chrome 4.1, Opera 10.52, Safari seamlessly across all browsers is not just about the Redmond-based company It s also about developers standard bodies the World Wide Web Consortium W C and rival browser makers Same markup is bound to make more sense to developers than to end users IE Preview and are after all developer releases The public needs to think of same markup in terms of interoperability meaning that a website any website should work the same across any browser they run Browser interoperability is as a general rule a multi-way street and a multi-faceted problem If it really didn t seem so thus far is because of nothing more than aggressive marketing from a few players on the market And let s be fair because Internet Explorer provided such an excellent target to blame for everything that was wrong with the web But what if one day IE simply fell in line Will the world www be ready to accept that browser interoperability comes with many subtle nuances which can be solved only through collaboration Let s hope so Source - IE vs Firefox Chrome Opera Safari vs Same Markup - Not a race but a collaboration - Softpedia

A:IE9 vs. Firefox 3.6.3, Chrome 4.1, Opera 10.52, Safari

Good read. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/83795-ie9-vs-firefox-3-6-3-chrome-4-1-opera-10-52-safari.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer will play DVD burned on disc, but will not play the ones I buy from the store. It used to. Now it won't even recognize they're there.

A:Computer won't recognize original DVDs; Will recognise 'burnt' DVDs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-recognize-original-dvds-will-recognise-burnt-dvds.987094/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have a Windows XP SP machine and recently Google searches in IE and Firefox seem to be hijacked When I search for a topic I get search results that kind-of look like Google search results but all of the hyperlinks have been changed to some other adware-like sites For example when I search for quot fios speed quot the first entry I get looks like this Verizon FiOS Internet High-Speed Fiber-Optic Broadband Internet Looking for an alternative to DSL high-speed Internet and cable Experience the broadband power of FiOS Internet from our fiber-optic IE but in Safari Firefox, and Google searches not hijacked network www bestwebchoices com - k - Cached - Similar pagesThe same Google searches hijacked in IE and Firefox, but not Safari search from Safari and other uninfected computers turn up this Verizon FiOS Internet High-Speed Fiber-Optic Broadband Internet Looking for an alternative to DSL high-speed Internet and cable Experience the broadband Google searches hijacked in IE and Firefox, but not Safari power of FiOS Internet from our fiber-optic network www verizon com Residential Fiosinternet - k - Cached - Similar pagesNotice that the quot www verizon com Residential Fiosinternet quot was changed to quot www bestwebchoices com quot on the infected computer There seem to be other forum posts that describe a similar problem and I've tried running Malwarebytes - Anti-Malware It found the following problems Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick ScanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowSearch Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C Documents and Settings jdelsign Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE A JFXSE install exe Rogue Installer - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS system sysaudio sys Rootkit Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully And I deleted the infected files show above using the Malwarebytes tool and rebooted the machine and the tool instructed That cured some other symptoms I was seeing such as slowness when first logging into the machine and it was disabling the McAfee SystemGuard but the Google hijack persists I tried running HijackThis as suggesrted in some forums and it produced the following log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC PROGRAM FILES ATI TECHNOLOGIES ATI CONTROL PANEL ATIPTAXX EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Insta... Read more

A:Google searches hijacked in IE and Firefox, but not Safari

I have more information, which I hope will with the diagnosis of the problem.

1) I think the infection might be Vundo/Virtumonde or a variant. Before I ran the Malwarebytes scan, the infected machine exhibited many of the same kinds of problems I've seen attributed to Vundo. MBAM seemed to clean out most of the problems, but the hijacked search results persist. I'm still not sure that Vundo was/is the problem.

2) If I use the Advanced Search Google page to perform my search, I get the correct search results! It's as if the virus/malware doesn't know how to hijack Google's Advanced Search results. Other modes of Google search, such as Google searching in the browser's toolbar or using the form in "www.google.com" is hijacked.

3) I updated my infected machine from IE6 to IE7. It was a shot in the dark. It didn't help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189419/google-searches-hijacked-in-ie-and-firefox-but-not-safari/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ad-Aware is the only anti-spyware program that seems to find the problem but then when I reboot after removal the problem is worse Right now I can't log on to Gmail because I keep getting a security warning for an invalid Hijacker and - Browser affects Firefox IE, Safari certificate the Browser Hijacker - affects IE, Firefox and Safari message says that it is invalid because it is self-signed Also after I do a Google search and occasionally after a Yahoo search I will be hijacked after I click on one of the links Help Oh and if it helps the hijacker that Ad-Aware finds is google ae and www google ae in the Hosts file Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Deb at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW COMODO Firewall enabled A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B Browser Hijacker - affects IE, Firefox and Safari Running Processes Browser Hijacker - affects IE, Firefox and Safari C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPagePro opware exe C Program Files parentalcontrol parentalcontrol exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files BOINC boincmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BOINC boinc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C PROGRAM FILES A-SQUARED FREE A FREE EXE C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Deb My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www sparkpeople com myspark mysparkstart asp uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb uDefault Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb am... Read more

A:Browser Hijacker - affects IE, Firefox and Safari

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255199/browser-hijacker-affects-ie-firefox-and-safari/
Relevancy 56.33%

Quote:
Internet Explorer 8 continues to be the best in breed browser when it comes down to offering end users security compared to rivals that, without exception, are considered to be more secure than IE by default in the public?s perception. It?s not the first time that IE8?s superiority over browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera has been attested, for the protection that the browsers offer end users against socially engineered malicious code. According to NSS Labs, Internet Explorer 8 is capable of blocking at least approximately three times more malware than any of its rivals.

Source -
IE8 Superior to Chrome 4, Firefox 3.5, Opera 10 and Safari 4 - For the protection against socially engineered malware - Softpedia

A:IE8 Superior to Chrome 4,Firefox 3.5,Opera 10 & Safari.

Quote: Originally Posted by JMH

Quote:
Internet Explorer 8 continues to be the best in breed browser when it comes down to offering end users security compared to rivals that, without exception, are considered to be more secure than IE by default in the public?s perception. It?s not the first time that IE8?s superiority over browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera has been attested, for the protection that the browsers offer end users against socially engineered malicious code. According to NSS Labs, Internet Explorer 8 is capable of blocking at least approximately three times more malware than any of its rivals.

Source -
IE8 Superior to Chrome 4, Firefox 3.5, Opera 10 and Safari 4 - For the protection against socially engineered malware - Softpedia

Oh no, here we go again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/69590-ie8-superior-chrome-4-firefox-3-5-opera-10-safari.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there,
I have problem with my Vista 64bits, can not surf internet. I try Firefox, IE and Safari but non of them work. They used to work before after reimage. When I open up firefox 4 (latest version) type into the address bar www.google.com it appears "Problem loading page" error Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com. bla bla bla. I know the internet connect at my place is working fine on other computers. I have been googling and follow all available advices found google.com but it is not helpful. I scan my computer by Trendmicro Hijeck this to give you guy so that you do read of what happening to the system. this problem is driving me nats.

May i beg anyone help figure out what the problem is i would appriciate?
Thank you
Cheers,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-ie-safari-internet-browsers-do-not-work.987506/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok I had a guy ask me to help him with his computer Its a Compaq Presario C NR laptop running Vista Home Premium with GB are Safari works dead, IE but Firefox fine and of ram IE and Firefox are dead, but Safari works fine He says he hooked up his ipod and his computer freaked out He couldn't get online and none of his programs could access the internet either At this point here's what I've found - Both IE and Firefox act IE and Firefox are dead, but Safari works fine as if there is no internet connection - No program I can find is able to access the internet Java MBAM Avira and iTunes are some examples - Ran quot netsh winsock catalog reset quot and quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot not even sure if that is something that has to be run with Vista - In the network connections windows it shows it is connected to the Local network and the internet - Safari browser works with no issues - Windows is still updating automatically because updates just downloaded one of which was IE - The only installed firewall is the Windows firewall Turning it off does not help - Thinking possible infection I scanned with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware The only thing it found was this Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats aa - c e- e -b -d bf dd d Rogue Antivirus - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully I guess what has me thoroughly confused is why Safari works but Firefox and IE both act like there is no connection both saying that it cannot display the web page I used RevoUninstaller IE and Firefox are dead, but Safari works fine to remove Firefox then used Safari to download and reinstall a fresh version with no effect In IE - Tools - Internet Options - Connections the LAN settings are set to automatic the option to use a proxy server is not checked I am at a loss as to why one program has no issues getting online while all other programs cannot find the network connection with the only firewall installed turned off Thanks for any help anyone can send my way UPDATE I found a bit torrent P P program called Ares that he had installed and it seems to work fine too As I get deeper into this problem all I'm giving myself is more questions and no answers AGGRAVATING

A:IE and Firefox are dead, but Safari works fine

Well quite strange problem your friend's computer is suffering with..Plz tell your friend to remove Firefox from his system and then install it again and see whether it has start working or not..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232594/ie-and-firefox-are-dead-but-safari-works-fine/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All On September Firefox Chrome and Internet Explore browsers stopped working all due to connection problems that I was not able to identify Now only Safari works Internet Explorer displays simply Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage This is an old -bit Windows XP that I soon want to upgrade to Windows and I run Bitdefender Total Security in Autopilot mode with the Bitdefender firewall ON When I checked Windows firewall it was OFF I tried turning it on but it didn't any difference so I turned it OFF again I tried Windows Fix It but the problem remained Our broadband internet and phone service provider is Sky UK and our landline phone works fine I think I might have become affected by some virus or malware or spyware last year when I downloaded The KMPlayer and IrfanView from one of the FREE sites cnet com and something like gorilla software that I did not know would install other free stuff on my computer that would take ages to remove and I'm not sure if I managed their complete removal Please help thanks kisokos

A:Only Safari works; Firefox, Chrome and IE don't work (Win XP)

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548220/only-safari-works;-firefox-chrome-and-ie-dont-work-win-xp/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running XP Home SP3 on an HP Mini. IE8, Google Chrome, and Safari all display the "webpage not available" error when trying to browse the internet. The interesting thing is that Firefox is able to connect to and display websites, the wireless network is strong and connected, and all other computers connected to the network exhibit no connetivity problems.

I believe the problem may have something to do with the Mini's recent infection with Antivirus Soft. AntiVirus Soft is a fake anti-virus program scam that blocks all executables from running, displays bogus warnings and popups, and only allows IE to navigate to Antivirus Soft's scam website.

Yesterday I followed some step by step directions to manually remove AntiVirus Soft's processes, directories, files and registry entries. Upon restart, Antivirus Soft appears to be gone, however I am now strangely limited to Firefox only browsing.

Any ideas how to reestablish full browser capabilities?

A:Chrome, IE8, Safari unable to connect, but Firefox can.

I seem to be experiencing the same problem as the OP! It is quite peculiar indeed being able to only access Firefox...

Anyone who might be able to solve this weirdness??

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317374/chrome-ie8-safari-unable-to-connect-but-firefox-can/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello and thank you in advance for your help I recently wound up with some malware in my system I thought I d removed it with Avast and Malwarebytes but apparently there are more pieces of it that the software cannot track and they re playing havoc on my browsers I had somone take a look and he was not very helpful The malware affects browsers in this way Internet Explorer - occasionally opens new windows which generally go right to google When performing google searches for solution to this malware or any references to java based problems it redirected me to other search sites as well as travel sites spammer sites etc Safari - I installed safari recently just to see if this problem went across browsers It does The problems were the same as with internet explorer Firefox - simply will not Hijacking Firefox Malware: IE8, Affects Safari, open Here is the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Adam at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Common Hijacking Malware: Affects Safari, IE8, Firefox Files Virtual Token vtserver exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows Hijacking Malware: Affects Safari, IE8, Firefox system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system Hijacking Malware: Affects Safari, IE8, Firefox svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exeC Windows System SKDAEMON EXEC IBMTOOLS utils ibmprc exeC Windows System spool drivers w x WrtMon exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Server Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system gearsec exeC Windows System spool drivers w x WrtProc exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Windows system lxcjcoms exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEc Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Server MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Server Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system vssvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchProtocolH... Read more

A:Hijacking Malware: Affects Safari, IE8, Firefox

Hi there If you already have a copy of ComboFix, please delete it.Please download ComboFix to your desktop from one of these locations. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop.Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Notes:1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.3. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making IE the default browser.4. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please advise. 5. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303515/hijacking-malware-affects-safari-ie8-firefox/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok so heres the deal I am running windows vista home premium I uninstalled Norton and my internet quit working for pretty much everything ms updates safari browser itunes internet explorer and so on Firefox however remains online i downloaded the norton removal tool and when i try to run it it just blinks a cmd box really fast and goes away and i do mean blink i have run in the cmd quot regsvr actxprxy dll quot and quot regsvr shdocvw dll quot and rebooted as well as regsvr mshtml dll regsvr urlmon dll regsvr msjava dll regsvr shdocvw dll regsvr browseui dll regsvr actxprxy dll regsvr oleaut dll regsvr shell dll a few of these gave me quot the module name was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found Make sure that name is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again quot but does.... firefox ie,safari,updates Solved: won't work I am not Solved: ie,safari,updates won't work but firefox does.... sure what is going on Like I said I have tried quite a few things but none have worked I downloaded CA antivirus and installed just to have some protection for now as my isp offers it free to us but i cant update it because nothing except firefox will go online Oh and one other thing when you try to go to a web page in IE it wont connect and when you run quot diagnose connection problems quot it comes back with quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network connection quot wich is what got Solved: ie,safari,updates won't work but firefox does.... me to try firefox Solved: ie,safari,updates won't work but firefox does.... in the first place I turn off the firewall frequently to make sure repairs are quot working quot but alas to no avail Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Accuvant recently did a study comparing the security of IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Safari was not included in this study. Is there a security study that compares the 4 browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari?

A:Most secure browser: IE, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?

In my humble opinion it's not the security of one browser versus another. It is the person utilizing the browser and them using safe browsing practices.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454519/most-secure-browser-ie-chrome-firefox-or-safari/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello First off thank you for taking the time to look into this and offer any possible insights fixes to my problem It all started off when Firefox started having popups then moved on to when Firefox would no longer open at all I tried downloading Google Chrome which then kept giving me and Safari disables that Chrome, Firefox, Virus failure to connect notices I tried Safari which ended up giving me the same error Finally I tried Internet Explorer which is working but is drastically slow and occasionally giving me random pop ups I thought about rebuilding Virus that disables Firefox, Chrome, and Safari my Virus that disables Firefox, Chrome, and Safari computer but I have a lot of work on here and it would take forever to back everything up Is there any possible way I can fix Virus that disables Firefox, Chrome, and Safari this Also my hard drive is a small gb and its almost full However I ve uninstalled virtually everything I can think of and it s still almost full is there a program that gets rid of things that are using up space they dont need Like for instance when you use the Recycle bin it deletes it but its still there until it is written over Again Thank you for any help or insight you can offer Sincerely Jared Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Galilmalas AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE F C JV HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAd... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-that-disables-firefox-chrome-and-safari.940775/
Relevancy 56.33%

After hours searching for a solution and more than once finding myself back on these forums, looks the best place to get some constructive help.

This started a couple of weeks again when Safari would not launch then chrome followed by opera and now when accessing any resource provided by google ie the cdn for jquery - gmail etc the screen is filled with rubbish characters. IE still works although not my fav browser.

Running:

win xp pro v2002 sp3
amd athlon x4 640 3.1ghz

Browsers
Firefox 13
Safari chrome opera - latest version cant open it so dont know

AV
Norton

System restore - don't us it although considering after these problems

Have run malwarebytes which cleared alot of trojans but the problem with the browsers is really annoying.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Karl

A:Firefox Chrome Opera Safari Google CDN

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Step 1Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersCheck the boxes next to Verify file digital signatures and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Step 2Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Step 3Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458168/firefox-chrome-opera-safari-google-cdn/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am getting redirected on searches and feel like something is eating up my c: space possibly. Can someone please help? Much appreciated here.

I am using windows 7 and firefox seems the worse, but I think Chrome Safari might be corrupted some too.

Thanks for all and any help.

A:Livesearchnow, searchreno, and and others redirecting safari, firefox,etc

Hello,

I see that you were receiving assistance for this problem here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic474061.html

Is this the same computer?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477767/livesearchnow-searchreno-and-and-others-redirecting-safari-firefoxetc/
Relevancy 56.33%

I like to watch baseball on CBS sportsline and it seem like the when I watch a game it doesn't update unless I hit the refresh button.
I have some friends that use the same Browser, (I configured their computers) same security settings and I can see a pitch by pitch without hitting the refresh button.
Any simple explanation (my friends also use the same optonline highspeed Cable).
Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refresh-rate-on-explorer-firefox-or-safari.722031/
Relevancy 55.9%

PC with W98SE. The network card and cables are OK. PC has access to router, from there to printserver, can print. Can see and access other PCs on home-network.
Somehow this PC has lost access to the internet.
IE says 'The page cannot be displayed'
Firefox 1.0.1 says nothing, just shows 'Done' in the bottom left corner.
There is AVG7, as well as Cybersitter 9 on that PC, no firewall. Even with both programs disabled, there is no internet access.
Cannot ping any website.
It was working until last week Friday evening.
There is nothing in the router that prevents it from access. There are no viruses or trojans or other spoilsports on that PC.
IPCONFIG /ALL shows all the right settings. All network settings are correct.

Suggestions anyone?

A:DNS not working in IE & Firefox (Win 98/SE)

I'd suspect that the router is blocking the PC's IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-not-working-in-ie-firefox-win-98-se.23508/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello and thanks in advance to any assistance you can give Just today I have noticed that Firefox and Firefox working not IE6 and IE have not been loading It is not all the time as I am using IE at the moment I Firefox and IE6 not working first noticed the problem when attempting to start IE from the shorcut icon near the start button It would start the process but no window I could get it to work if I went through via start gt all programs Similar problem with firefox off and on Firefox and IE6 not working it works I got it running again tonight by unistall reinstall and deleting the default profile I then downloaded the webdeveloper add on and it did not restart and nor can I get it to work I get the hour glass for a few seconds and then nothing It does appear the Task Manager processes tab Note it does not even get the blank page It does not appear at all This is bugging me no end Can some assist one me please JL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-and-ie6-not-working-247544.html