Windows Support Forum

USB ports not working, unable to install drivers?

Q: USB ports not working, unable to install drivers?

Hi,

I have looked for info already on this but can't find a problem the same.

I had to do a repair on my XP os and now none of my usb devices are recognised.
No 'new hardware' is found when I connect a cable even after installing the drivers.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, booting up after uninstalling and nothing seems to work.

If I click on device manager, usb - install driver I get a message saying error occurred on install - data invalid?

PLEASE HELP

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and Im using XP home on an Athlon 1600 with an 80 gb hard drive.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: USB ports not working, unable to install drivers?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.67%

Okay now before I install. to Graphics card and Sound working unable drivers are not are and start I will have to say this started with a rather irritating problem One day my monitor just turned Sound and Graphics card are not working and drivers are unable to install. into save mode when I was using this Since I could not get one reaction out of it I had to restart When I restart it a new problem showed itself Broken verticle lines of varying Sound and Graphics card are not working and drivers are unable to install. colors on my Sound and Graphics card are not working and drivers are unable to install. bios and start up of my pc When Windows XP was loading it had even more lines some and then the monitor going into power save mode Since then I started it into safe mode and it worked but I could not resolve the problem So in an attempt to fix it I reformatted to try and fix the problem For a moment I thought it worked since I could go into Windows XP normally but sadly it seems that the problem may be more than I thought Since then I found out I can't update my graphics card or sound card drivers When ever I try I get the message that quot access is denied quot with an yellow exclamation mark next to both of them Also the reformat did not rid my computer of the broken lines in my bios and when windows xp is loading Now I am not sure what caused this in the first place or if I simply did not install certain drivers correctly I am in need of some guidance here since I do not know what to do My computer is a Dell XPS Gen service tag is FC Windows XP Pro Service Pack Graphics card - Nvidia Geforce Sound card - Creative SB Audigy ZS WDM If I left anything out that could help resolve this please let me know

A:Sound and Graphics card are not working and drivers are unable to install.

Did you check to make sure your video cable was securely attached to your video card on the back of your computer? Is this a home computer? Have you tried logging in as administrator to see if you can install the drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-and-graphics-card-are-not-working-and-drivers-are-unable-to-install-380223.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there If you've read in my BSOD forum Drivers AMD fix cannot not 3.0 USB working: Ports BSOD on vacation Cannot log on to Windows I had to reinstall Windows in order to fix the problem Well I did However as I was reinstalling the drivers I found out that the AMD drivers which were suppose to allow me to use the USB ports on my laptop didn't do their purpose for me I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers using both auto-detect and manual selection restarted the PC reinstalled Windows on my PC once yet again and installed the drivers from USB 3.0 Ports not working: AMD Drivers cannot fix driverscollection com installed all of the Windows updates then did the same thing to the AMD drivers and still no joy I know what I'm doing because I have done it before several months ago and it all worked out okay until the BSOD occurred while on vacation I don't know what the deal is because there are USB ports on my laptop and of them are USB ports therefore I can only use the one USB port which I plug my mouse in and have to unplug it if I need to export or import files from a flash USB 3.0 Ports not working: AMD Drivers cannot fix drive or whatever I need to plug in which is tedious since I'm use more than one Anybody knows why Do I need to install another driver so that the AMD drivers work or is there something else out there

A:USB 3.0 Ports not working: AMD Drivers cannot fix

Hi

Please upload a "System Information Report" with your next reply. To do that ;

1.Open RUN dialogue and type "Msinfo32.exe" and press Enter key.

2. When the System Information Tool opens, choose "File -> Save" and give a name of your choice. Then zip the saved file ( Right Click -->Send To --> Compressed Folder ) and upload it with next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350902-usb-3-0-ports-not-working-amd-drivers-cannot-fix.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've just finished installing a new motherboard (Asus P5P43TD) into a friend's computer about 2 hours ago and have been unable to get the USB ports working. I installed the chipset drivers, Ethernet controller drivers, and Asus EPU-4 drivers, but the USB ports simply do not function. Which means I have to do everything with a friggin keyboard. That has made things interesting to say the least. I grabbed the most recent chipset drivers off of Asus's website and it installed the SMBus drivers (which I beleive are responsible for USB) and everything else. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specifications:
Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD
Video Card: XFX 8800 GTX
Sound Card: Creative Extreme Gamer
Hard drive, Optical drive, and PSU are unknown.

A:USB ports not working after drivers installed

Give this a shot. See How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-not-working-after-drivers-installed.156598/
Relevancy 64.5%

2 weeks ago, I think it was a Monday, my sister turned off the computer for the night... the next morning she turned it on and the mouse didn't work.

The mouse is USB connected and isn't responding. The red light on the bottom is turned on, but it won't move the cursor. When I plugged in my Mp3 player, it didn't really respond, just the Charging screen flashes every few seconds, then turns off again...

And when I go to 'My Computer', the places where 'Driver E-J' usually is, is gone. It's just blank slots where they should be, then shows 'Erin's Documents', 'Shelly's Documents' files....

Is this a virus or something else?

We've been running the full version of Stop Sign over and over again hoping it would find something, but it doesn't pick anything up.

A:Mouse, USB ports, and Drivers aren't working.

Hi xErin and welcome to TSF

It seems that you might have an issue with drivers on your computer so we will now do a check with the Windows Device Manager to make sure of this. Please follow the steps below:

Windows XP Method
Click Start
Click Run
Type in devmgmt.msc and click Ok

In your next post report back if you see yellow exclamation marks, or red X's on any icon in the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-usb-ports-and-drivers-arent-working-196097.html
Relevancy 64.07%

SOLVED USB ports not working after mobo driver install fresh xp install Hello all long time browser first xp (fresh USB after mobo install ports driver working install) not poster Anyways I had to do a fresh install of XP after some nasty spyware keloggers found their way onto my system Everything works fine until after i install the motherboard drivers motherboard EVGA nforce i SLI after the PC reboots I am still able to access the BIOS screen wth the USB ports not working after mobo driver install (fresh xp install) keyboard and my mouse lights are on As soon as windows XP home loads the lights on my mouse turn USB ports not working after mobo driver install (fresh xp install) off and both the keyboard and mouse become unresponsive I have tried several things First i verified that USB support was enabled in the BIOS I then tried another fresh install easy beacuse i partitioned g just for the install so i could just re-format if anything like this ever happened and installed the current drivers for the mouse and keyboard first logitech g laser mouse and g keyboard Then i installed the mobo drivers same results I tried the other way around as well but to no avail I am completely stumped as to why the darn drivers that came with the mobo won t work Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Steve EDIT the old-school ps ps keyboard mouse ports aren t working either LookinArounds link to the fix http www techspot com vb topic html post nbsp

A:USB ports not working after mobo driver install (fresh xp install)

Is the reason the keyboard and mouse are not working is because they are USB?

Were the chipset drivers installed from a disk that came with the motherboard, or from downloads...
When you to to Device Drivers withing Hardware in System on the Control panel, do you see yellow or red flags by the long USB set or any other drivers on the list?
We assume your system worked OK until this re-install of Windows?
Are you sure you have the partitions configured properly so that the drives are being installed to the main partition rather than the other partition... and how do you know?
We suspect the problem has to do with those partitions and they way you have set them up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-not-working-after-mobo-driver-install-fresh-xp-install.131268/
Relevancy 63.21%

After a lot of research i finally got them to work by drivers. Intel weren't V due USB Asus ports LK working to bad P8Z77 uninstalling from device manager Intel series c chipset family e d but not the e out of fear of more chances to disable my mouse lol and Intel usb usb extensible host controller Then installed the newer intel usb Asus P8Z77 V LK Intel USB ports weren't working due to bad drivers. drivers not found on asus website and now those ports are working fine Couldn't make them work even with the newer drivers before i manually uninstalled the above things Now i get a message from windows flag on bottom right corner that my asmedia usb driver controller is not installed and it provides a link to those drivers to download them and install When i download them i can't install those but when i go to reinstall the asmedia drivers from asus website it says repair or modify So i did a repair and i still get the message from the windows flag I told it that this problem doesn't apply to me and it doesn't show anymore Can you guys tell me if i did something wrong or if there's anything i should worry about So far all usb ports work no problem

A:Asus P8Z77 V LK Intel USB ports weren't working due to bad drivers.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/315402-asus-p8z77-v-lk-intel-usb-ports-werent-working-due-bad-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My CPU has been 100% for over a month. I first thought it was a virus so a scanned w/ every program out there and nothing would detect anything, HJT log was reviewed and nothing found so I went down the Registry Path and tried to repair with Registry Repair Tools to no avail. So I backed up all my files and did a complete OS re-install in CPU is still at 100%. And when this problem first started by USB ports stopped working.

A:CPU 100%...OS Re-install did not fix. USB Ports stopped working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-100-os-re-install-did-not-fix-usb-ports-stopped-working.543015/
Relevancy 61.06%

HI, I just installed windows 2000 professional onto my computer. Everything works fine except that the resolution is really grainy. On some web sites I cannot even make out what the words are. I found out that when I go into my monitor settings in display properties I am unable to install the drivers for my monitor. Does anybody know a way in which I can get around this.

A:monitor drivers unable to install on fresh windows 2000 install

Are you really referring to the monitor drivers or the Dispay Adapter drivers?The symptoms you describe sound like the latter issue.

Monitor drivers are no big deal to install, and even if you don't, Windows should use compatible plug and play drivers. Still it's a good idea to install them -- but you get them from the Monitor vendor site. You get the Display Adapter drivers from the Display Adaptor vendor's site.

What Display Adapter model do you have? And are they properly installed?

To install a Monitor driver, you download and unzip the .inf file from the Vendor. Then you select "update driver" and browse to the location of the file you unzipped. Once installed your Monitor should be recognized by model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-drivers-unable-to-install-on-fresh-windows-2000-install.354181/
Relevancy 61.06%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Sony RS- desktop w XP home w SP amp all updates since that s unable to auto install generic device drivers I discovered this when I Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers Unable Auto to tried plugging in a couple different USB flash drives amp it would just stop at the found new hardware wizard Running the wizard w quot install the software automatically quot amp also enabling quot also search windows updates quot returns unable to find device driver The USB Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers flash drive was the only bang in device manager I Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers uninstalled the usb controllers rebooted and amazingly the controllers wouldn t auto reinstall Suspecting the behavior extended to more then just USBs the chipset I uninstalled some unneeded devices k modem amp amp they also wouldn t auto reinstall I went to the sony website amp strangely Sony doesn t list the chipset available for download w the other drivers I downloaded the chipset direct from intel amp installed it but that didn t work either I ve tried many other things to no avail Malware scans spybot AVG AV rootkitrevealer all came up clean I ve tried a new admin user profile cCleaner registry cleanup resetting registry permissions w subinACL setting related windows services to automatic checkdisk r Another thing I thought about doing was uninstalling the PCI controller but I think I recall that can get ugly Ultimately the only thing that allowed me to get my usb controllers usb hubs modem amp usb drive working was to quot install from a list or specific location quot amp quot include this location in the search quot C WINDOWS inf Does anybody have any idea how I can restore the functionality of generic drivers auto installing amp not having to point to an INF directory Any insight is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers

Make sure that the Cryptographic Service is started.

In 'My Computer' properties, Hardware, Driver Signing, choose 'Ignore'. (attachment 1)

In Device Manager, showing 'Hidden Devices', check the driver for a Mass Storage Device. Is Usbstor.sys, digitally signed by Microsoft? (attachment 2)
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-auto-install-re-install-generic-device-drivers.689041/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Sony RS- desktop w XP home w Generic Drivers to Device Unable Install/Re-Install Auto SP amp all updates since that's unable to auto install generic device drivers I discovered this when I tried plugging in a couple Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers different USB flash drives amp it would just stop at the found new hardware wizard Running the wizard w quot install the software automatically quot amp also enabling quot also search windows updates quot returns unable to find device driver The USB flash drive was the only bang in device manager I uninstalled the usb controllers rebooted and amazingly the controllers wouldn't auto reinstall Suspecting the behavior extended to more then just USBs the chipset I uninstalled some unneeded devices k modem amp amp they also wouldn't auto reinstall I went to the sony website amp strangely Sony Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers doesn't list the chipset available for download w the other drivers I downloaded the chipset direct from intel amp installed it but that didn't work either I've tried many other things to no avail Malware scans spybot AVG AV rootkitrevealer all came up clean I've tried a new admin user profile cCleaner registry cleanup resetting registry permissions w subinACL setting related windows services to automatic checkdisk r Another thing I thought about doing was uninstalling the PCI controller but I think I recall that can get ugly Ultimately the only thing that allowed me to get my usb controllers usb hubs modem amp usb drive working was to quot install from a list or specific location quot amp quot include this location in the search quot C WINDOWS inf Does anybody have any idea how I can restore the functionality of generic drivers auto installing amp not having to point to an INF directory Any insight is greatly appreciated

I'm having very much the same issue with a friends Dell w/o ps/2 ports. He removed ALL of his USB devices and is stuck at the new hardware wizard with no functioning mouse or KB.

It sounds like you managed to get yours going. could you explain to me (in simple terms) how you managed it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-auto-install-re-install-generic-device-drivers-226287.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Sony RS- desktop w XP home w SP amp all updates since that Drivers Generic to Unable Device Install/Re-Install Auto s unable to auto install generic device drivers I discovered this when I tried plugging in a couple different USB flash drives amp it Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers would just stop at the found new hardware wizard Running the wizard w quot install the software automatically quot amp also enabling quot also search windows updates quot returns unable to find device driver The USB flash drive was the only bang in device manager I uninstalled the usb controllers rebooted and amazingly the controllers wouldn t auto reinstall Suspecting the behavior extended to more then just USBs the chipset I uninstalled some unneeded devices k modem amp amp they also wouldn t auto reinstall I went to the sony website amp strangely Sony doesn t list the chipset available for download w the other drivers I downloaded the chipset direct from intel amp installed it but that didn t work either I ve tried many other things to no avail Malware scans spybot AVG AV rootkitrevealer all came up clean I ve tried a new admin user profile cCleaner registry cleanup resetting registry permissions w subinACL setting related windows services to automatic checkdisk r Another thing I thought about doing was uninstalling the PCI controller but I think I recall that can get ugly Ultimately the only thing that allowed me to get my usb controllers usb hubs modem amp usb drive working was to quot install from a list or specific location quot amp quot include this location in the search quot C WINDOWS inf Does anybody have any idea how I can restore the functionality of generic drivers auto installing amp not having to point to an INF directory Any insight is greatly appreciated nbsp

dellguy77 said:

I have a Sony RS-220 desktop w/ XP home w/ SP2 & all updates since that's unable to auto install generic device drivers. Click to expand...

Hi, I'm missing what actually caused the issue in the first place? i.e what event caused the behaviour to start?
If you don't force it to use a specific .inf what error does it show? 'No suitable drivers found?'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-auto-install-re-install-generic-device-drivers.689042/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am an absolute newby at this so my apologies in advance if I did stupid things - I google and do what people had found to work in the past FYI got all the drivers from the Acer website and installed them - there is no exclamation marks in device manager all drivers installed and working properly My wife's Acer laptop's mobo blew - PC tech said to expensive to replace - I got one and replaced it myself - took to PC tech because it did not turn on - he checked all the connections after which it booted into windows BUT usb and usb ports not working - not in safe mode nor install ports not dvd usb - working - new drive; After ect motherboard after uninstalling all the drivers from the After new motherboard install - usb ports - dvd drive; ect not working universal serial bus controllers and getting them to reinstall by restarting windows I then reinstalled Windows - no luck Blu ray DVD RW - sees dvd data - had drivers on it as empty - all GB of it although my Asus After new motherboard install - usb ports - dvd drive; ect not working laptop reads it perfectly well checked and found that a DVD movie did not play as well No sound although if I click on the speaker icon in the taskbar I can see the green bar moving up and down but no sound Bluetooth button not swithing on Any suggestions of what to do next Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/400323-after-new-motherboard-install-usb-ports-dvd-drive-ect-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

asus rog g jy-vs wx quot one drive dual boot quot working install not of on ports USB 7. How clean fix? to windows windows Home Premium bit USB ports not working on clean install of windows 7. How to fix? and Pro bit In W When Booting the USB works fine and I have a mouse but when it gets to the login screen the keyboard and mouse just go black and do not function at all in W W works fine all the time I installed W after W and got everything loaded for SP and so on using the pad keys on the laptop all drivers install fine and W updates are all in In order to even get into W though I must go into BIOS and turn off security settings and turn on CSM Also must turn off Fast boot function Not doing these things just locks the W load screen where the color dots are in mostion then lock Is there a way to get the USB to be working on W from login screen and into desktop Am using the W Dual boot selection screen after install of W used quot bcdboot windir quot to set that up Will I need to redo the W install Hope not Any suggestions Robert

A:USB ports not working on clean install of windows 7. How to fix?

W7 had no support from USB3.0 out-of-the-box.
Use USB 2.0 ports (black) and after log-on install the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401941-usb-ports-not-working-clean-install-windows-7-how-fix.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Before I begin sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum please direct me if this is the case or there is a similar thread I have been looking online and although people have had similar situations I feel a tailored answer would be ideal if possible I purchased an Asus N VM laptop around months ago and recently had to reinstall windows due to an unrelated issue Although this fixed the problem it presented a new one and now none of my USB ports all USB work Here is a break down of information which there is a USB working (3.0) Re-Install. ports no longer Windows 7 after lot and some USB ports (3.0) no longer working after Windows 7 Re-Install. may be irrelevant my apologies - Universal Serial Bus Controller on device manager has yellow triangle as well as quot Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Controller quot Downloading the supposedly correct drivers from the ASUS website has not helped Uninstalling the broken drivers and then reloading windows USB ports (3.0) no longer working after Windows 7 Re-Install. simply reinstalls the broken drivers - In the BIOS menu there are numerous references to USB but none of USB I'm not sure if this is a problem or not All of the setting in BIOS related I have checked as quot unlock quot - I have tried updating the chipset to see if that helps which also has no affect on the broken drivers - Unfortunately I am not sure of my motherboard although I have retained the original box but cannot find any mention of the motherboard on it In actuality I do not really need the USB ports to work as ports However at the moment even when plugging in a mouse nothing happens The mouse does not light up and none of its drivers even attempt to install The mouse definitely works I am aware my computer is under warranty however this is a bit of a pain and would prefer a solution I can do myself I will provide more information and pictures if necessary at your request and pray someone can help me Thankyou in advance Squshiest

A:USB ports (3.0) no longer working after Windows 7 Re-Install.

Squshiest welcome to SevenForums

Try this driver for your USB 3.0

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...64_Z104225.zip

Also try the Chipset drivers

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...4_Z9301020.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294294-usb-ports-3-0-no-longer-working-after-windows-7-re-install.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a custom built computer running Windows Pro x The keyboard and mouse work currently but nothing else works when plugged into the USB have and ports Seems like a simple driver issue There are two different usb host controllers from what everything tells me One is the ASMedia controller and the other is the Intel controller When I install the ASMedia one it installs successfully but the ports still don't recognize anything these ones are two in the back When I install the Intel one all of the ports stop working and the mouse and keyboard also stop with their lights turning off Only way to do anything on the computer then is reboot system repair tools and then do a system restore to before the drivers were installed I tried drivers from MSI's page for the motherboard Z a PC MATE through Iobit's Driver Booster and through Intel's driver program The Intel program completely fails to install the driver at all Relevant specs I k CPU MSI Z Working Stop Install USB Controller USB After Ports a PC MATE motherboard Troubleshooting steps I've spent two entire days working on the computer so I don't remember most of it BIOS update to the version Updated all of the other drivers through Driver Booster Windows Update never works for me in Windows for whatever reason Tried on at least a half a dozen computers Never stops searching Countless device manager uninstalls and reinstalls System restored to a point before all of that now Driver lookup through hardware ID showed USB Ports Stop Working After USB Controller Install what I've already been trying to get Disabled driver signature enforcement Safe mode keyboard and mouse work before driver as usual If driver is installed they do not work in safe mode either Different USB peripherals May have done others Relevant info MSI motherboard USB Ports Stop Working After USB Controller Install page Support For Z A PC MATE MSI USA Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design the page has the USB drivers The Driver Booster ones were the same ones I believe Computer has an SD card slot Haven't tried because I don't have a normal size SD card and getting the USB drives working is important Computer does have PS ports but I don't have peripherals with that plug Computer worked perfectly in Windows so that's always a fallback option Windows Update doesn't work I've tried fixing that many times on other computers Windows Update version works fine every time I tried also on multiple computers I USB Ports Stop Working After USB Controller Install gave up on fixing that long ago Anything else I can provide let me know If there's a relevant spec that I deemed irrelevant Perhaps it's on the profile page as I filled that out pretty much all of the way

A:USB Ports Stop Working After USB Controller Install

Have you reinstalled the Intel motherboard chipset drivers? One of the things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) all the devices on the motherboard.

I don't like the 3rd party driver sites. Many times they either have wrong drivers or show that drivers are needed and they are not. MSI (in your case) has everything needed (and correct drivers).

Install the chipset drivers, reboot and see if you can get the USB ports going.

Support For Z170A PC MATE | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design 64

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/401901-usb-ports-stop-working-after-usb-controller-install.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

Friends i am unable to install LAN drivers in Intel DH61 MM mother board on 2003 R2 server operating system.Please help me.

A:Unable to install LAN drivers

That doesn't appear to be a valid model number. Have you tried the drivers from the Intel site? If there are not specific Server 2003 drivers then try the Windows XP driver and make sure you choose correctly from the 32 bit or the 64 bit driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-lan-drivers.1028942/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok this is a LONG story but I desperately need help First the facts I have a Dell Dimension I purchased in And it has worked perfectly until now In September I did a few Unable to I Install Need Help! - Drivers upgrades installed a new hard drive and Unable to Install Drivers - I Need Help! extra memory The HD was a Seagate Barracuda RPM MB GB The memory was GB MHz I had NO CLUE on how to install the drivers to get on the Internet I called my ISP and spoke to CSR and the guy on the line was happy to guide me through on how to install the drivers Problem solved or so I thought Unable to Install Drivers - I Need Help! Flash forward to yesterday I downloaded updates for my PGP and when I re-started the computer I got a message saying that Windows would not start because of a virus on the HD I can t even get into safe mode to uninstall PGP or do a virus scans The HD is dead and Unable to Install Drivers - I Need Help! unable to be used So I got a new HD a Western Digital Cavier GB RPM GB I installed Windows XP and few other programs and everything is working fine Except for the drivers I have NO CLUE on how to install them I called my ISP again and they said they couldn t help me The CSR who originally helped me over the phone wasn t supposed to do that as this is a Dell matter Not an Internet matter So I called Dell Canada and although my warranty had expired they said they would help me What they said was that I installed Windows XP incorrectly and that the memory I had installed was incorrect Basically they said that the memory I have GB is interfering with the installation The way my Dell was set-up it only accepts smaller memory cards that are I should be having TWO memory cards that are each I m assuming that times equal GB Both memory cards would be and Dell is the only one who sells them I don t understand as I had used the memory card without any problems And the CSR guy from my ISP was able to install the drivers without a problem The only problem I had recently before the shutdown was my monitor Every so often the resolution would get darker then go back to lighter So do I REALLY need those memory cards or is Dell just pulling my leg to make a sale I really can t afford But more importantly can anyone help me install these drivers I m in Toronto is there anyone from Toronto who can help guide me over the phone I ve tried going on-line I ve printed up instructions I ve read this board and still do not understand how to install drivers And I really need to get hooked up on the Internet Any help ANYONE can give me would be mostly appreciated Please send me your phone number in Toronto again I have no money and would be mostly appreciative Needless to say I m not on-line so I m writing this from an internet caf and will be checking this post out once a day I know I had posted something like this before but I just gave up and went back to the older HD If anyone can guide me over the phone I ll even pay for the long-distance charges I d be so grateful Thanks to everyone who maybe able to help me

A:Unable to Install Drivers - I Need Help!

First, there are two models of the 4550, one has a FSB of 400MHz, the second has a FSB of 533MHz. The 533MHz model has two slots with a maximum of 512MB of RAM per slot, the 400MHz model has two slots with a maximum of 1GB of RAM per slot. So you need to know which one you have.You can download your drivers from this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195107/unable-to-install-drivers-i-need-help/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi friends,

i have some big problems regarding my OS since i have installed a new windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS recently.the drivers are not installing on my laptop.the case is that,

when i am trying to install the intel hd 3000 graphics driver for my laptop.it is saying that my machine does not meet the requirements for the driver.i don't understand why?my laptop is hp pavillion g6 2137 tx.please help me regarding this.

A:unable to install drivers

Hi monusing,

As per the specs of your laptop (Here), It has an AMD GPU (AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

You can get the drivers for your card (64bit) from here. Get the AMD drivers and install them.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/320682-unable-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,I installed windows 7 in my pc. now my laptop is not taking the drivers. I am having some difficulties in finding the right drivers. Could you provide the link for proper softwares and drivers?Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unable-to-install-drivers/td-p/5768708
Relevancy 58.48%

Can download drivers from Asus website but will not install. Using Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard

A:unable to install SM Bus Drivers

Are you installing the chipset first?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-sm-bus-drivers-508442.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello The laptop v6500 I am using had all the data removed by a program called DBAN, Derricks boot and nuke, all has been erased. I tried to intall  windows vista and it boots from the install CD  after some steps it cannot go further because it did not detect the hard drive.  It then asks for drivers, that may be on a different disk.  Tried f11 and I looked into the bios and got no IDE device Tried the recovery CD and got that it is unable to repair Read that it may be similar to a SATA driver, But I may need the other type? Can you help me understand the drivers I need, and the right method to install them so that I can install windows vista? Regards 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-OS-no-drivers/td-p/5673108
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, im extremely new to computer boot up menus and i have no idea on how to install the drivers. I inserted the disc and get the MSI Grenade Command Center screen but i dont know where to go to exactly install the actual MSI Drivers and Utilities Disc.
I inserted my windows 8 disc and attempted to install the drivers however not a single driver shows up in the entire list which means i am unable to install windows 8 onto my computer. I tried putting my USB in but that did not allow me to isntall windows 8 onto that either. At the moment im trying to download Windows 7 onto my USB to put onto my No Operating system Computer.
Thanks for reading!

A:Unable to install Drivers onto my NO OS MSI Grenade PC

In addition i also got a message saying BootMGR is missing?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74405-unable-install-drivers-onto-my-no-os-msi-grenade-pc.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Ever since I received this computer I've had nothing but problems. The current issue I'm having is being unable to install video card drivers onto my Vista box. I double-click or right-click->run as admin. and nothing happens. No errors or installation prompt. I've reinstalled Windows Vista several times now and nothing works. What do i do?

Trying to install 353.62-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql for nVidia Geforce 900 series off a 32-bit version of windows vista.

Thanks for any help!

A:Unable to install video drivers

We could help you better if we had a description of that computer.

If it's a factory-brand one, advise us what brand name and model name and model number it is.

If it's a custom/home-made one, advise us the brand name and model number of its motherboard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also do the following in that computer:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-video-drivers.1153533/
Relevancy 57.62%

HP DV6 6121tx
Windows 7 64bit

I reformatted my windows and I was in the process of installing my drivers. I've everything setup except my WiFi. I downloaded the Ralink Wifi driver from HP's website, opened it.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5117934&sw_lang=

It went throught the usual process of first extracting into C:/SWsetup and running the actual setup from there. But when it opens the actual setup, I see a command prompt screen for half a second. Then nothing happens, I suppose it crashes.

I can't understand what to do now, I really need WiFi. I've tried to run it in compatibility mode, I've tried to redownload the driver. I tried to manually point windows to the folder in SWSetup that was created, but it found nothing...

Relevancy 57.62%

I got a new motherboard and processor today and whenever I boot up the pc I have to go into safe mode because if I boot as normal it will stay on the windows welcome screen with the rotating loading circle and will stay there. But when I boot in safe mode I cannot access my driver cd, it tells me to reinstall the program or something. So basically i'm stuck in a loop.

A:Unable to install new motherboard drivers

Hi welcome to seven forums (if you havent been welcomed yet)

Now, this may be a dumb question, but did you format and start a clean install?

- if not, insert your windows 7 cd in the dvd rom, restart pc and go into your bios (usually pressing "delete" at startup gets you in the bios) go to boot options and select your dvd/cd rom as primary boot device. press f10 to save and exit. When asked to press any key to boot from cd do it, and follow instructions, make sure to do a clean format on your selected hdd and reinstall windows. After this and windows booted up,you can install you new motherboard drivers along with any other drivers you need.

When done with all the drivers restart and go into bios again and select the hdd as the primary boot device.

If you have done a clean format in the very beginning after you installed the new mb and cpu, check that your hdd settings in bios is IDE.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/242912-unable-install-new-motherboard-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm trying to install Windows on a new machine. The motherboard is ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. The EUFI BIOS sees the SSD drive (Samsung EVO 750 250 GB) but Windows does not. There is the option to load drivers but i can't find any drivers for the EVO 750 online. The Windows installation medium is actually a small partition on one of my other drives but I doubt that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/66624-unable-install-need-drivers-samsung-evo-750-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron Windows to Drivers Install Dell Unable Professional Since the last MS Unable to Install Dell Drivers Update I am not able to install any Dell drivers My Bluetooth adapter disappeared from my Device Manager it was there before last MS update I tried to install the Bluetooth driver again but Unable to Install Dell Drivers received the error message The update installer operation is unsuccessful I have also tried to start the Bluetooth Support Service in SERVICES and received the error message Windows could not start the Bluetooth Support Service on Local Computer Error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion I called Dell Support which of course got someone in Asia He asked me to install several BIOS updates as well as Chipset driver My laptop is only three months old and everything should be up-to-date before it was shipped to me I do not want to do all those updates afraid that it'll ruin my laptop further Does anyone know why I couldn't install the Dell drivers Any comments suggestions are much appreciated Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/400000-unable-install-dell-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So figured out my Windows 8 install was corrupt so I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Formatted my drives and proceeded to install Windows 8 successfully. While installing all of my drivers every single one of them installed perfectly fine besides IntelRST.

It seems to time out every damn time. I tried to manually install it via device manager and it times out as well. I even reformatted and re installed Windows 8 still no go.

The crazy thing is when I try to manually install it via device manager it times out but the driver shows the correct date so I'm sort of at a loss right now.

Hardware
ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
Intel i7-3770k oc'd to 4.5GHz
2x Samsung 250GB in RAID 0
2x WD 1TB in RAID 1
32GB RAM Mushkin Enhanced Redline

Links to the Intel Log:
Log File

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to install Intel RST drivers.

Solved**

One of my HDDs was causing my Raid Controller to bug out. Removed my RAID 1 Array and intel rst installed successfully. After trial and error it turned out to be one of my HDDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/35509-unable-install-intel-rst-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So yesterday I got a new Deathadder 2013, and when I plugged it in, windows tried to find the drivers, blah blah blah, and then it said that it was unable to find the drivers. So, being as it is the solution to everything, I just restart my computer and boom; the mouse worked after.

But today, when I start my computer, the mouse was once again, not working. After checking device manager, it told me that the drivers were missing. I've tried uninstalling the mouse via the device manager and plugging it back in, and restarting my computer to no avail. I tried the solution posted here Unable to install any USB devices as well.

I have however, tried to use the mouse on my other computers and that has proved successful. So, I was wondering if anyone knew where the mouse drivers are stored, if it works that way.

and I do have razer synapse installed.

A:Unable to install mouse drivers

Maybe Razer Synapse is conflicting with the Windows drivers, you could try un-installing Razer Synapse and then seeing if Windows recognizes and installs the drivers.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/300249-unable-install-mouse-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I'm running on Windows XP and I'm unable to install my mobo drivers. It's an Asus A8N-E. When I try to install them directly from the CD, it shows the installation completing, and then a window pops up displaying only "1155:". I tried downloading the latest drivers from both the nVidia website and the Asus website, and neither work. When they are installed, Windows will attempt to load, and then blue screen and restart. When I go into Safe Mode and look at the device manager, it shows a yellow mark on the Network Bus Enumerator.

A:Unable to install mobo drivers

Can you get into XP ? If not use Safe Mode, either way do :-
My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section press the Settings button, in the System Failure section untick Automatically restart, Ok, Apply, Ok

Now cause the BSOD and it should stay on-screen, note the details and include in your next post please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-mobo-drivers.697435/
Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a new laptop recently and am having some trouble getting it up and running. I've managed to get windows installed but cannot get drivers onto it. Here's some info:

It only has USB 3.0 ports and no driver's so they aren't useable
There's no option in the BIOS to force them into 2.0
No CD or DVD drive
No network capabilities at all, no adapters are identified/no drivers for network card I guess
I have drivers on a CD but I have absolutely no idea how to transfer them over. I have access to other laptops and computers. I've tried connecting it to another laptop via Ethernet but the new laptop didn't find anything.

The only way I managed to install windows is via USB with the Intel USB 3.0 bootable tool, but that didn't seem to install the drivers and that USB isn't readily accessible right now.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-unable-to-install-drivers.1170650/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey. Let's get to business, shall me?

Now, I have an ATI Radeon HD 4850 Graphics card. Along with a samsung 24" LCD screen,, 8 GB of memory (only 3 are read), intel Pentium dual core processor, 2.something ghz, 500 watt power supply and windows XP SP2.

I've got a problem. Whenever I try and update my driver for my graphics card (which I was prompted to do when i attempted to play Left 4 Dead), I install, and during the installation i get a warning that says "Zero Display Service Error". i currently have 6.12 of the driver, but im trying to update to 8.1. I would really appreciate some help. While I wait, Im going to play Left 4 Dead on my inferior driver. Thx

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone i hope someone can help me out I have read many many forum tips regarding fixes for this issue But before that let me explain what my situation is and then i will go onto what i have tried System Specs -AMD FX- core CPU -Hyper Evo CPU Cooler -Asus GTX GB Top edition GPU -Samsung GB EVO SSD OS Drive -WD Blue TB HDD Storage Game Drive to GTX 670 drivers Unable install to windows 8.1 -Asus M A R AM MOBO - GB mhz Corsair Vengance Blue Ram RAM -Seasonic M II Bronze GM Plus PSU -Display Asus VH H-P Inch -Corsair K Keyboard -Logitech G Mouse OKAY so I had Windows bit installed for a while then i decided to make the jump to Windows when i found it on sale online I downloaded Windows bit to a USB boot drive but saved that for later and installed Windows from the desktop as an quot Upgrade quot from my current system Unable to install GTX 670 drivers to windows 8.1 Then after installing all drivers and setting up my Windows Profile everything was perfect no issues gaming was awesome overall the system was great as it should BUT one day about weeks after installation i was playing League of Legends and my screen went black mid game I reset the computer and from there on out I have been getting the black screen and have been unable to install the Latest and or previous Nvidia Geforce Drivers and every time I've had to Reboot in Safe Mode to uninstall the current drivers and or disable the quot Video Adapter quot to be able to access the desktop st method I tried everything from preventing Windows Update to install anything and then downloading GeForce Drivers going into safe mode with not network access then installing from there but the installer would reach the quot restart to install updates quot then upon restart the black screens would occur nd Method Tried to allow windows to install drivers on It's own and it did install the quot Officially quot drivers but they failed to install just as the previous method did rd Method Removing Re-seating the RAM and Video Card and checking cables and fans making sure everything was functioning properly after removing and re-seating the Components I tried methods and a few times with no success Thanks for any help in advance

A:Unable to install GTX 670 drivers to windows 8.1

Check this link:

NVIDIA GeForce R337.61 BETA Hotfix Display Driver Release

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46916-unable-install-gtx-670-drivers-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

In the last few days I have added a larger Hard Drive TB to my system to be the main drive of the system and all went well untill I tried to install video to Unable drivers install the Graphics Drivers of my existing AMD Radeon HD series Card which installed OK on my other Drive I don't know why at this time What I did and what happened First I restarted the system after I had installed all the mother-board drivers and replaced the mother-board DVD with Unable to install video drivers the AMD driver disc and executed the installer from the disc BTW the system had been running in x resolution since starting the installation of the new drive The first screens worked fine in this resolution the the next screen was displayed which is where everything came apart because the size of the next screen was too large to fit on the screen so the bottom of the screen was cut off the bottom which of course is where the Unable to install video drivers buttons were that needed to be pressed to continue the installation I have tried eveything to be able to press the required buttons but to NO avail so at this time everything is running except the Graphics Card and Driver I would appreciate any help I think I managed it once before but I have forgoton how I did it unfortunatly I am now Old as my daughter told me today and my memory is on it's way for a holiday so I just hope it comes back soon Thanks in advance Regards Oldarnie

A:Unable to install video drivers

I'd just use one monitor until you have the AMD drivers and Catalyst Control Center installed. Then go about sorting out your multi monitor setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/303236-unable-install-video-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.19%

On one of my notebooks, I cannot load any drivers and the mouse (usb and mousepad) is not working. I also suspect the system is infected with a virus or malware due to continued attempts to update the hosts file and other requested system changes.

Compaq Presario r3000
Windows XP Home with SP3

I have tried a virus scan (Avast) and also Malwarebytes, however I cannot update the library since the mouse is not working(Page not available without a mouse). I have also tried removing the drivers, and the system does identify the hardware on boot, but will not load any drivers. I have also noticed that I cannot run regedit.

The system does also have winpatrol and I can send a hijack report if requested.

Life without a moue is hard, please help.

A:mouse not working - Unable to load any drivers

Welcome to BC
Any chance of getting an inexpensive corded mouse?

I'm not familiar with Winpatrol but let's see a log
Same for mbam, even though it's outdated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240769/mouse-not-working-unable-to-load-any-drivers/
Relevancy 57.19%

My dads laptop has suddenly stopped recognizing any type of usb device properly that has not been used before. This includes 2 memory sticks and a 250gb Hdd. What happens is the devices are visible in the device manager, However they are not being recognised as Usb mass storage devices and are "Unknown". Windows update fails to find the drivers for them despite the fact when plugged into my pc it finds them instantly. I have googled and Google trying to fix this but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Unable to install Any usb mass storage drivers.

Hey mate that's bad luck soundalike you'll need a new computer possible tech damage, though you can try this.

Go to Start Menu
Go to control Panel
Go to system
Go to device manager (or type this instant menu)

Go down the list until you find USB host controllers uninstall both. Restart computer by holding power button.

If this doesn't work go back to device manager

Select the host controller and update the driver manually by selecting pick from list then uncheck the "Show compatible driver box) scroll down to uli or ati and install there host driver

If this doesn't work your laptop has been damaged.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/266310-unable-install-any-usb-mass-storage-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently reinstalled windows, and I can not get the video card drivers to work. In device manager it currently shows up as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. When I try to install the proper drivers, I get the error "The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows.", while trying to install the drivers. I currently have windows 7 ultimate x64. I have downloaded and tried to install the current AMD drivers and the beta drivers, all for windows 7 x64.

A:Unable to install AMD drivers for Radeon HD 7750

Try the ones that came from the cd with the video card if you cannot get the current ones to work.

Then try updating again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/334606-unable-install-amd-drivers-radeon-hd-7750-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Dell W Inspiron laptop with a dedicated AMD video card that's a couple of years old and has been pretty much trouble free until about Unable install Totally to drivers. frustrated! AMD weeks ago What started all the trouble was when I updated the video drivers to the latest ones at that time They failed to update the first time but Unable to install AMD drivers. Totally frustrated! after I removed them and the AMD Unable to install AMD drivers. Totally frustrated! folder it worked There was a random freezing just for about second every so often but it annoyed me so about a week or so ago when a new driver is available prompt popped up I tired to update to them After they appeared to install I got a failed entry in the log The error was You must be member of the administrators group And since then I can't reinstall the driver I have tried running as an admin creating a new user account profile etc and it keeps failing I got frustrated enough to try to restore it to the original drive image but when I enter system repair I get nothing but a boot into Win Anyone been through this or have any ideas Thanks

A:Unable to install AMD drivers. Totally frustrated!

Before doing anything else I'd back up any data I didn't want to lose.  Then I'd see if I could use System Restore to go back to before all this started.  If that didn't help, I'd get the discs to restore to factory settings.  If you don't have them, the procedure for creating them should be in your user guide on your hard drive.  If you don't have them and can't make them, you should be able to get Dell to send you a set for a small fee ($30 ball park).  

In the future remember the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539389/unable-to-install-amd-drivers-totally-frustrated/
Relevancy 57.19%

I basically reinstalled a fresh copy of windows amp all went well nd CD has drivers I believe I found the issue all drivers installed without issue except Intel G Unable to Intel 64-bit install Vista Drivers on G33 VGA Driver - Files will unzip normally amp then an error message stating system does not meet minimum requirements for installing software amp setup will now exit I've googled it amp everything I try fails when I try to update driver via device mgr it states it's up to date DirectX diagnostics also states their are no problems but both still don't recognize video card at all Even went to Unable to install Intel G33 Drivers on Vista 64-bit Dell amp Intel sites for drivers amp support none of them helped I am totally stumped I know it's something simple here are my computer specs Dell Inspiron - refurb purchased Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack amp - -bit GB RAM - TB WD HDD Brand new DirectX upgraded to W power supply Original vid-card is a HIS IceQ Turbo XT - MB New vid card is an ASUS Radeon R - DDR GB

A:Unable to install Intel G33 Drivers on Vista 64-bit

Have you tried downloading the driver directly from your PC's website? Seeing it's a Dell, you'll need your service tag # and you'll get all the driver directly releated to your PC.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/inspiron-530

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525043/unable-to-install-intel-g33-drivers-on-vista-64-bit/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Running Windows AMD processors Asus motherboard I have Pro Tools an audio production software i have been troubleshooting my PT system for almost Unable for Audio install Interface drivers to weeks now The problem lies in the fact that i cannot install both drivers needed to run the usb interface When i go into the device manager i see my interface comes up with an exclamation point Unfortunately i cannot manually install the drivers necessary to use my interface because there are drivers needed audio amp midi but in the device manager Unable to install drivers for Audio Interface there is only slot for a driver I was on remote share all morning with the manufacture Unable to install drivers for Audio Interface of the interface their senior tech concluded that there is a problem at the root level of my system that is preventing the driver installation to complete I have been pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem to no avail Unable to install drivers for Audio Interface other than hair loss Things i have tried Creating a new admin account and doing a clean install of the software and drivers Disabling driver signature enforcement Switching usb cable and usb slots Calling windows tech support what a F ing joke to get help Sitting on Avid maker of the interface software s forum for weeks Remote share with senior tech from Avid for hrs Any suggestions The only thing i have not tried yet that i can think of is a reinstall of the OS Thanks for your help in advance i will be in your debt if you can help solve this problem nbsp

A:Unable to install drivers for Audio Interface

About all that I can recommend is a fresh install of the OS. Personally, I would have tried that first. Install the OS, manually install the motherboard drivers, and then install/test PT system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-drivers-for-audio-interface.1053653/
Relevancy 57.19%

PC - Celtic personall Computer, Celeron 500 mhz, 512mb ram
OS - Windows 2000 SP 4
Sound Card Essolo ess 1938 (this is what it says on the onboard chip)
Norton Anti virus install ( Virus free)

My sound card stopped working.
I removed it from device manager.
Windows picked it back up as an unknown device.
I downloaded the correct drivers from ess tech website.
When I install the drivers the system automatically reboots after the copying files procedure.
There is also a setup.exe as part of the drivers, & when i run this I get an error message box appears saying "Audio installation false" with the heading "Severe". The installation the just quits.

Your help is much appreciated.
Thomas

A:Unable to install sound card drivers

Click on "where did my sounds go". Maybe you can find something there.

www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

should learn how to spell first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-sound-card-drivers.314975/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi.

On a Windows 7 machine, I am unable to install any updates, drivers, or programs because there is something that hasn't finished installing. I've looked all over and can't seem to figure out what is installing.

I've done two system restores back to 13 March but cannot go further back than that.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Carolyn

A:[SOLVED] Unable to install programs/drivers

Hi there are 3 methods here which might let you restart the installer service "The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error when you try to install a program in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unable-to-install-programs-drivers-815690.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I'll start by including my specs Windows Home Premium x Intel Core i - QM GHz GB Ram Nvidia geforce M with an Intel R HD Graphics I purchased a dv HP my laptop. Unable drivers Nvidia to on install - ea laptop Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop. around months ago Everything was running smoothly until the middle of July when I finally got around to playing Diablo I have a frame rate of around - but this drops sharply to - Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop. whenever I'm in combat etc This does not change regardless of my settings in game or on my Nvidia control panel I can turn everything down to the bare minimum and never get above fps Plenty of other games such as League of Legends are locked at with everything maxed I've asked around the official D forums and this is apparently a common issue which everyone seems to have fixed by installing the XX official Nvidia drivers I went to do so to be told that the driver could not recognise my hardware Looking in to it some more I was told I would need to install the driver from my manufacturer's website Upon checking up on this I found I was using the latest version available from HP While my Nvidia control panel continues to notify me that my driver is out of date I am unable to do so and this issue keeps popping up on any graphics intensive games and recently Magicka as well Is there any way that I can get around this I've made numerous attempts to contact HP support but after giving them this amount of time without a response I've given up as they are quite frankly useless I hoped reinstalling W would have the desired effect but it has not Apparently it's to do with my BIOS which I generally have no knowledge about Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed on my situation I've attached a dxdiag should it help speed up the process

A:Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop.

Two little words as to why the reference Nvidia driver won't install despite supporting the GT 630M in your laptop, switchable graphics. Directly from the supported products page of the latest Nvidia driver,

Quote:
Exceptions: Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported (please contact Sony for driver support).
Fujitsu notebooks are not included this release (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are included).

Yours falls under number 1, which basically leaves you at the mercy of HP to come out with an updated driver or finding a modded one that will work with switchable graphics..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/250378-unable-install-nvidia-drivers-my-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So I finished building my computer today (First time build) and I was trying to install the drivers for my GEFORCE GTX 970. Every time I tried I would get an install error. I tried contacting a tech support company but they wanted to charge an arm and a leg for there services. However they did identify that it wasn't connecting because some of the Microsoft programs had stopped and therefore the card was not being identified. They also showed me a list of warnings and errors with the software. If anyone could spare the time to help me with this that would be wonderful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-graphic-card-unable-to-install.1169488/
Relevancy 57.19%

Gooday all at BC. I have been messing around with a crash and burn box that I have. I formatted the drive, installed XP with a legit Disk I bought and updated through Windows update site.Speccy below shows the outfit specs. Problem is that I can't get the mo-bo drivers. I have tried going to the Gigabyte site and entering pertinent details but still no go. Would one of you kind souls point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance. James.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Q0DX50HNKKG6xcDGBEiatCm

A:Clean XP install, unable to find drivers.

Have you tried here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1737#dl

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458066/clean-xp-install-unable-to-find-drivers/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
when i installed Vista it automatically detected my graphics card and installed the drivers for it, however it is quite an old version. when i try to install a newer driver it keeps saying that it fails.
i tried installing an old version of the driver that came with my laptop and it told me to setup my card with a normal VGA adapter driver before trying to install, i tried it, still doesn't work (still says the same thing)
tried going to device manager and update the driver but Vista thinks this is the newest drivers.

my spec:
Laptop computer
2Ghz dual core intel
2GB ram
X1600 mobile radeon
vista ultimate

thanks

A:Unable to install ATI drivers on Vista Ultimate

Hi thinsitu

Make sure to only install drivers available from your laptop manufacturer's website (or any available through Windows Update).

ATi/Amd does not support Mobility Radeon for Vista directly:

Quote:

Mobility Radeon? Support for Windows Vista

Currently AMD does not provide any driver support for Mobility Radeon? products. All driver and technical support for Mobility Radeon? products is provided by the original laptop or notebook manufacturer. The drivers that are available for download at ati.amd.com are for desktop products only.

To download Windows Vista Mobility Radeon? drivers or driver updates for your laptop or notebook product, please visit your laptop or notebook manufacturer's website.

That quote is from the ATi/Amd support website --- http://support.ati.com/ics/support/d...estionID=26978

I have to admit, I liked ATi support better before they were bought by Amd.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-ati-drivers-on-vista-ultimate-180404.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My microphone volume is really low and has been for a long time, I figured I could install the latest drivers to see if it made a difference since I am just using whatever Windows 8 decided to install automatically. Sound is fine other than the microphone volume.

However when I downloaded the Realtek drivers via Gigabyte or the Realtek site itself, it extracts the installer and all just says "Setup.exe has stopped working".

I've tried just seeing if it'll start with compatibility mode but it's still the same, I do not already have any Realtek software installed other than the Ethernet drivers. I'm running Windows 8.1 x64, I've certainly downloaded the 64-bit drivers.

Edit: ​The microphone uses the audio jacks, not USB.

Would appreciate any advice.

A:Unable to install latest Realtek drivers

What make/model of computer? I would first try the drivers from their site. Or custom build?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/46856-unable-install-latest-realtek-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi i have a hp pavilion g7-1365dx laptop, i clean installed windows 7 ultimate, including reformatting everything. i have been able to get all my drivers back except my sm bus controller, i have went to the amd site and downloaded and installed AMD Catalyst has instructed from a previous place... this did not work and while it fixed the pci controller problem didn't fix sm bus... my chip is an AMD Radeon HD 6520G.. i'd like some help locating this driver please...i have also went to the hp site for the same thing and was unable to get the situation resolved...any help would be appreciated

A:sm bus controller drivers unable to find or install

See if this will help

Problem with the Driver for SM Bus Controller (Windows) | HP? Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/332851-sm-bus-controller-drivers-unable-find-install.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i get installation failed cos system not supported...

A:Unable to install Intel Serial IO drivers

@Perrofeo This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Windows 10. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.File name: sp70973.exe or http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70973.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unable-to-install-Intel-Serial-IO-drivers/td-p/5206172
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, friends I want to multiboot windows 7 with windows xp. But, I am unable to install Windows Xp. I am getting an error.The error code is : Stop:0x0000007B.I know this is because of sata drivers. But, I am unable to find sata drivers for the windows xp setup. My chipset model is-Amd A70M FCH. My notebook's model no. is Hp 1000-1b 10 au.  I want to install windows Xp., as I just love it and want to play some of the very old games. I'll be very thankfull if anyone provides me with the sata drivers. I also tried to change the sata mode to Ide but there is no such option in the bios.  I have legacy mode enabled but, it's not working.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Install-Windows-Xp-SP3-Unable-to-find-sata-drivers/td-p/5631223
Relevancy 56.33%

Since setting up my new system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9
CPU: Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 3000+
RAM: 2x 1gb DDR400 RAM

I have not been able to get any USB drives to work, I have a Lexar Jump Drive 512mb and a new external Toshiba drive that is 60gb. They both work fine on other computers, PC and Mac alike, but Windows fails in installing the drivers when connecting them to my computer. It will go through the "add new hardware" wizard and then claim that it couldn't install the drivers or that the drivers are invalid.

I have re-isntalled the USB2.0 mobo drivers, as well as the package nForce 4 drivers from Gigabyte's website, to no avail.

Any suggestions welcome!

Relevancy 56.33%

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P61-S3 (rev. 2.0)

Ive installed the rest of the drivers provided by manufacturer except the SATA RAID/AHCI ones.The Intel Rapid Storage Technology gave me an error that I dont meet the system requirements so I no longer insisted with the others. Hmmm, why are these listed for my motherboard then? or what exactly are they?
I was thinking I need to instal first the "Intel SATA Preinstall driver(For AHCI / RAID Mode) Note: Press F6 during Windows setup to read from floppy" -the last item on the list -but dont know how , there are just some "sytem files, security catalog, setup information". You can fast download and checked them.

A:Unable to install SATA RAID/AHCI drivers

If you have install the Chipset drivers, Sata drivers are part of the chipset.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16502-unable-install-sata-raid-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Sony VIAO running SE I am unable to install drivers for the install sound for Unable to drivers [SOLVED] card? sound card I have tried several things I removed the sound card cleaned the gold fingers and reinstalled the card-no effect I have gone in the device manager and removed the sound card rebooted pnp recognized the new device and installed it I think but did not install the drivers for the device I have gone into the [SOLVED] Unable to install drivers for sound card? control panel add new hardware I see the sound card listed as PCI multimedia audio device I select this device and it says the device is installed but has a problem it lists the device as follows device type-other device manufacturer-none specified hardware version- device status the drivers for this device are not installed code I now try to reinstall the drivers the update driver wizard comes up I get a error message quot the publisher cannot be determined due to problems below The object to be verified is unknown to the trust provider Any suggestions in this matter would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:[SOLVED] Unable to install drivers for sound card?

You will have to find out the name of the sound card- you may have some paperwork that lists it, or you can probably see a list of the hardware that came installed with the Vaio at the Sony website...search or enter the system model, serial number, ID number, whatever it asks for and there should be a system inventory you can print that shows the sound, video, modem, etc...then you need to locate the folder the drivers are in, or download the drivers for your operating system, or get them from the Restore Applications CD..for your make and model of VAIO, and for your specific sound card. Perhaps you jotted down the exact model of sound card? The sound drivers are ususally knocked around by either some hardware conflict like an IRQ or a modem install, I had problems with sound from installing a USB camera....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-install-drivers-for-sound-card.106320/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had intergrated 82945g intel graphics on windows xp and added Asus Geforce graphics card. They worked totally fine. Now I have upgraded to windows 7 and downloaded the latest drivers for geforce which install fine and ask for restart but a yellow exclamation mark comes next to it on restart.. It says error code 12..cannot locate enough resources.
There is no option to disable onboard graphics in my Bios (AMIBios..ZX-i945glm4) and I tried taking out the new graphics card disabling intergrated one from the device manager and reconnecting the card..It keeps giving me the same problem.. I've tried drivers from both nvidia.com and asus.com

I don't want o go back to xp.. do you have any solutions?

A:Unable to install Geforce 7300SE/7200GS Drivers

If you have an AGP aperature or shared video memory setting
in the bios,make sure it is set to 64MB or above.
I have had an nvidia driver hang because of that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-geforce-7300se-7200gs-drivers.1023610/
Relevancy 56.33%

Dunno what i have messed up. But im not able to install any drivers now in Vista x64.

Here is my rig:

http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRi...asp?sysid=5160

Note: Im at stock now, currently testing a little with different RAM. OCZ ones wen't nuts on me. :\

Anyway this error apperas on me while installing usb drives, and intergrated sound/COM/whatever on mainboard.

I tried gaving administrator and user access to everything in register. No luck.

A:Unable to install drivers, access denied (Code 28)

Hi. . .

Have you tried to right-click on the icon and select Run as Administrator?

Also look in the event viewer - the admin filtered area as it should yield some clues.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-drivers-access-denied-code-28-a-269947.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm in over my head, as I'm not a techie.

On my Acer TravelMate 2480, I reformatted it and reinstalled Windows XP. There is not wireless icon. I went to the Acer webpage and downloaded the drivers I guessed I might need.

When I try to update drivers on the Acer, and choose my flash drive stick, the computer doesn't see any drivers on the flash drive.

I will probably end up having to pay to have the whole thing redone the right way, but was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

So I am unable to install any graphics drivers whatsoever for my laptop including the driver it shipped with from the factory The error messages are highly uninformative so I ve copy-pasted two different Windows Event Viewer logs below Error messages to -- ANY Drivers Unable Chip HP Graphics Laptop Install vary from quot unknown error occurred quot to quot an error occurred quot to quot an error occurred while registering one or more components quot and that s as specific as they got I ve tried about - different drivers at this point most of which I ve tried both Unable to Install ANY Graphics Chip Drivers -- HP Laptop exe or Setup files to install as well Unable to Install ANY Graphics Chip Drivers -- HP Laptop as manual and quot have disk quot install methods None work GENERAL SYSTEM INFORMATION Windows Vista Home Premium bit HP G - US Notebook PC Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family The first error log is for when I attempted to install the factory-standard driver downloaded from HP s website at the time I had no driver installed whatsoever I was attempting to install using the exe downloaded from HP s site not a manual install Log Name Application Source Windows Error Reporting Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Computer Description Fault bucket type Event Name PnPDriverInstallError Response None Cab Id Problem signature P x P B P igdlh inf P c b ee b c fe f d c ba a ba ddd P iCNT P P P P P Attached files Unable to Install ANY Graphics Chip Drivers -- HP Laptop C Windows temp DMIA B tmp log xml C Windows inf oem inf These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Report ab c Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Computer lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt PnPDriverInstallError lt Data gt lt Data gt None lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt Data gt B lt Data gt lt Data gt igdlh inf lt Data gt lt Data gt c b ee b c fe f d c ba a ba ddd lt Data gt lt Data gt iCNT lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows temp DMIA B tmp log xml C Windows inf oem inf lt Data gt lt Data gt C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Report ab c lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt This second error log is from earlier in the process when I DID have a driver installed which I un-installed in case it was the problem thinking I d be able to fall back to the older driver if all else failed -- obviously didn t work Log Name Application Source Windows Error Reporting Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Computer Description Fault bucket type Event Name PnPDriverInstallError Response None Cab Id Problem signature P x P B P igdlh inf P e dd f d f d bfd c c ee d P iCNT P P P P P Attached files C Windows temp DMIC FB tmp log xml C Windows inf oem inf These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Report c c f Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Computer lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data ... Read more

A:Unable to Install ANY Graphics Chip Drivers -- HP Laptop

After reinstalling Windows Vista, did you start with the chipset driver then graphics driver? You can check them Here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473386/unable-to-install-any-graphics-chip-drivers-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone - I have a beauty if anyone can help Story so far I'll try to keep it short had drive problems with PC so got new SSD unable denied is webcam to install drivers -- access drives and a Hybrid drive All new drives so did tortuous route install win - upgrade to win all worked then started acting up My tech support worked on it for days and gave up said I should backup and do a clean install from start So I did unable to install webcam drivers -- access is denied Not yet put any backup files on so only operating system and devices printer wireless keyboard mouse wireless headset and webcams One Pluscom and two PCline checked device unable to install webcam drivers -- access is denied manager and found cameras with yellow exclamation mark and checked properties and saw this webcam JPG Contacted my tech support again they gave up after mins and guess what they suggested gave appropriate answer which ended in off and went to Microsoft answer desk After chatting for hour still no further other than some services which should have been running were not so he suggested starting services and check windows update download install and do a reboot and see what happens If I would purchase a support plan from them then they would connect to my PC and troubleshoot and sort Not willing able to pay at moment so I have come to the REAL expert for some help I am obviously logged in as admin as I am the only user who Can use PC and checked permissions which are OK all users having full access Hoping someone has an idea before I go completely bald mad as in do lally not angry Thanks in advance Keith PS will be upgrading to win also will see if any improvement

A:unable to install webcam drivers -- access is denied

Go to the manufacturers web site and see if a driver is available for your device.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47447-unable-install-webcam-drivers-access-denied.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi my model is HP Pavilion Slimline s in Desktop PC HP Pavilion Slimline s in Desktop PC Product Specifications -- In product orginal drivers Unable 7 Windows / vista install for 8. to specifications you Unable to install vista / 7 orginal drivers for Windows 8. can notice that my OS was shipped with Windows Unable to install vista / 7 orginal drivers for Windows 8. Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center -bit with Vista Service Pack In NVidia website it has mentioned that all the oem model should download from manufacture like hp dell website only IF you check driver update for this model for windows vista bit you will notice original Unable to install vista / 7 orginal drivers for Windows 8. driver like keyboard nvidia etc Driver - Original Original Hauppauge WinTV HVR- TV Tuner Driver - - Version M Original driver for the Hauppauge WinTV HVR- TV tuner solutions Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver - - Version M Original driver for the HP multimedia keyboard solutions Original NVIDIA Chipset Driver - - Version M Original driver for the NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management solutions Original NVIDIA Graphics Driver - - Version M Original driver for the NVIDIA GeForce nForce LE SE nForce nForce i and graphics solutions but if u choose operating system as windows -bit then again you will notice original driver like keyboard nvidia etc Driver - Original Original NVIDIA Graphics Driver - - Version M Original driver for the NVIDIA nForce i SLI GeForce nForce LE SE nForce nForce i and graphics solutions Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver - - Version M Original driver for the HP multimedia keyboard solutions Original Realtek High Definition Audio Driver - - Version M Original driver for the Realtek High Definition Audio solutions so my queries is that i have recently installed windows and i wanted these original files to be installed but dont know which one to pick from vista drivers or windows drivers but windows drivers are latest when compare with vista or should i download nvidia drivers from nvidia website and also same goes with realtek audio driver from realtek website Thanks

A:Unable to install vista / 7 orginal drivers for Windows 8.

Windows 8.1 upgrade reboots to black screen of 'nothingness'. - OUC1TOO - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Error 0xC1900101 ? 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

Originally Posted by Microsoft Forum Moderator

Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1

Hello,

We understand that many customers are receiving error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1. This error is typically caused by an incompatible driver.

If you are receiving this error:
First, please double-check the error code. There are many variations of error 0xC1900101, each with a different location code -- the error extension, located after the dash. The information in this thread is intended only for location code 0x40017. If you are receiving a different location code, these steps are unlikely to resolve your issue.

Check that you’ve already updated all of your drivers. In particular, if you have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, make sure you’ve installed the latest Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Check that you do not have any Frequently Asked Questions - What devices are supported by the SteelSeries Engine? that support the SteelSeries Engine installed on your PC. The SteelSeries Engine software is currently not supported on Windows 8.1. Please uninstall the software before attempting to update to Windows 8.1

Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018, Couldn't update to Windows 8.1 Preview - Microsoft Community

Can't Complete Windows 8.1 Install

New Windows 8.1 requirements strand some users on 8

Microsoft confirms some older AMD processors do not support Windows 8.1 - Neowin

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38461-unable-install-vista-7-orginal-drivers-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi , i just bought a dell inspiron 3542 with ubuntu preloaded a couple of days back but i just clean installed win 8 pro 64 bit and somehow i cant connect to wifi as there is no wireless driver installed. spoke to the dell cust care they guided me to download wifi+bluetooth driver on dell drivers and downloads which doesnt work.
Please help , appreciate the help.

A:dell inspiron 3542 unable to install wireless drivers

Use the utility on this site to help you. It will scan your system and determine what is missing. Product Support | Dell US

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61904-dell-inspiron-3542-unable-install-wireless-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Inspiron SE 7520 with Intel HD 4000 and HD 7730M. So I tried every possible solution to this and nothing. I uninstalled the drivers (both). Tried to use the latest drivers for both and nothing. Tried every other possible fix (Scandisk, sfc/scannow, etc) and I can't make both drivers work at the same time. Only thing I can do is make Intel 4000 work alone, but not the 7730. If I let 4000 work alone I can use my notebook, otherwise is endless reboot.

Problem happened when I was playing Fallout 4, I received a message of "Driver crashed and recovery", but then I got BSOD with endless reboot. All messages on the blue screen are about drivers. (I get diferrent messages). I reinstalled Windows 10 but it didnt fixed it. I tried Windows 7 and nothing. It seems that there isn't a fix for this, what should I do?

A:Unable to install HD 7730M drivers on Windows 10. Gets BSOD everytime.

Have you tried installing the drivers published by DELL for your PC? I would also view device by connection in Device Manager and update the drivers for all hardware items in the hierarchy above the GPUs using Update Driver in Device Manager.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/33668-unable-install-hd-7730m-drivers-windows-10-gets-bsod-everytime.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi to start off to blank drivers Device peripheral Unable - Manager install sorry if this question has been answered before but after looking for quite some time I haven't come up with a solution to my problem I just recently got a new keyboard and mouse but when trying to install their software to my computer it couldn't detect them despite them being functional Someone proposed to me that it Device Manager blank - Unable to install peripheral drivers might have something to do with quot device manager quot not recognizing them and when opening device manager there are no entries at all So far I have tried enabling plug and play It was already on automatic when I found it making sure all services were running in quot System Config quot and accessing registry editor gt SYSTEM gt CurrentControlSet gt Enum then entering the advanced settings and making an attempt to quot Replace all child permissions with inheritable permissions from this object quot but despite being administrator when trying to edit anything I am given Device Manager blank - Unable to install peripheral drivers the message quot Unable to save permission changes on Enum Access is denied quot Also there is a third group named quot OWNER RIGHTS quot included with quot SYSTEM quot and quot Everyone quot All of the fixes I have found do not include this third group and I am unable to remove or edit it in any way I am currently running Windows Home Premium -bit if that is of any help Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks very much in advance

A:Device Manager blank - Unable to install peripheral drivers

I've managed to get everything sorted after more searching, all is good now

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299312-device-manager-blank-unable-install-peripheral-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi. I've done update installs of W10 on 2 of my older computers with W7 64bit systems, no problems at all. Then feeling confident tried it with my latest built computer, also W7 64bit, which has an Asus Sabertooth mb Rev 2, with latest bios. Using the Media Creation Tool, everything seemed to go ok with the update. However, I had no mouse (USB) and investigating I found that none of the USB drivers were working. All the usb drivers had yellow '!' marks: "the software for this device has been blocked because it is known to have problems with Windows[code 48]. Tried the update drive procedure and the response was that the latest drivers were already installed. After a few hours trying to figure it out I gave up and recovered my W7 os with again working usb ddrivers and ports.

Any ideas so that I can install W10 successfully? I do not want to do a clean install.

A:No working USB drivers after W10 install

if you have your windows 7 recovery on external media - then try a clean installation of windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51681-no-working-usb-drivers-after-w10-install.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a 15r Inspiron 7520 SE packed with AMD Radeon HD 7730m GPU
I had a Windows 10 fresh install running quite good with no problem whatsoever regarding drivers or software
And out of nowhere wifi connection wasn't working so well not sure whether it was dropping out or what so i reinstalled Windows 10 only to find out that no matter which video card drivers i install whether automatically from. Windows update or through Dell's support page or even AMD latest drivers it just fails and BSOD Windows
I have tried upgrading my BIOS and even downgraded for last hope chance ,i have tried even installing Windows 7 and the problem persists on both OSes with different versions of drivers with various BSOD errors varying from (atikmpag.sys) which i tried fixing replacing the ones in drivers folders with ones i extracted manually as explained in online tutorials and (dpc watchdog violation)
So i am clueless here
Please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19982005
Relevancy 55.04%

This is a brand new custom built PC for web browsing for a motel lobby.

Win7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300 Llano
MSI A55M-P33 FM1
Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower

Running latest BIOS and latest drivers downloaded directly from manufacturer's website.

I tried switching between all 3 internal headers and none of them would detect the flash drive.

If I plug the drive in the rear ports it detects right away leading me to suspect the case's ports might be defective but I don't have another USB 2.0 card lying around to confirm.

Based on this info does it seem likely that the front ports themselves are faulty?

A:Front USB ports not working, but rear USB ports work…

You might check to see if the case end of the USB cables are properly plugged into the front panel holding the headers. Some board need more than one brand of USB drivers, Renesas, NEC, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298221-front-usb-ports-not-working-but-rear-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I can't connect and transfer files from my phone to laptop and vice versa. When i checked the device manager, it shows "No drivers are installed for this device" for windows mobile based device support under Bluetooth radios. When i try to update driver automatically, it always fails to do so. I don't know how to manually install the drivers. Need help.

Specs:
Win 7 Premium (32bit) OS
Laptop model: Compaq Presario CQ41 227 TX

A:Bluetooth not working, can't install drivers.

Nvm, solved the problem myself using Driver genius pro 10.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186004-bluetooth-not-working-cant-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

After upgrading to Windows I have been having weeks of problems with the AMD M graphics card on my son s Inspiron with the computer freezing up nbsp In the end it was necessary to deactivate the graphics card and deinstall the driver to prevent the computer freezing up I have checked for all driver updates and have successfully installed autodetected driver updates as of the th October so after a recent driver update of all on the th Unable install - to for 17R Card 10 AMD 8870M drivers Graphics 5737 in Inspiron Windows October including - The Intel chipset drivers - The Intel HD graphics driver Moving on to the AMD driver I downloaded this from the Dell driver site and after deactivating automatic Windows driver updates ran the driver installation software nbsp This starts ok but then freezes part way through the installation the screen freezes and shortly afterwards the cooling fan goes into overdrive nbsp After - minutes I do a hard shutdown and restart the computer This process has been repeated several times with both the drivers from the Dell site and from the AMD download center nbsp No success same result Any help would be appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19996132
Relevancy 54.61%

After upgrading to Windows I have been having weeks of problems for 10 in - Unable Graphics to Card Windows AMD 5737 install 8870M drivers Inspiron 17R with the AMD M graphics card on my son s Inspiron with the computer freezing up nbsp In the end it was necessary to deactivate the graphics card and deinstall the driver to prevent the computer freezing up I have checked for all driver updates and have successfully installed autodetected driver updates as of the th October so after a recent driver update of all on the th October including - The Intel chipset drivers - The Intel HD graphics driver Moving on to the AMD Inspiron 17R 5737 - Unable to install drivers for AMD 8870M Graphics Card in Windows 10 driver I downloaded this from the Dell driver site and after deactivating automatic Windows driver updates ran the driver installation software nbsp This starts ok but then freezes part way through the installation the screen freezes and shortly afterwards the Inspiron 17R 5737 - Unable to install drivers for AMD 8870M Graphics Card in Windows 10 cooling fan goes into overdrive nbsp After - minutes I do a hard shutdown and restart the computer This process has been repeated several times with both the drivers from the Dell site and from the AMD download center nbsp No success same result Any help would be appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996132
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I recently did a clean install on my existing laptop with a new hard drive I used the recovery discs that were provided to me when I purchased the computer - refurbished through Best Buy I believe The problem is when the installation process was completed numerous drivers were not working My system is an Asus U A MB Version U A with Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Now two concerns I have are this when I was installing windows I was never prompted for my quot of quot recovery disc and when prompted for the driver disc disc of didn t work here I inserted the Driver Utility Disc that came with my purchase - after this completed I saw the disc said quot for Vista -bit only quot The hardware and drivers I am having problems with are my webcam my mouse touchpad my video card my network card and my wireless card I have uninstalled removed the drivers and reinstalled using the drivers provided on the ASUS website for -bit Vista I have also tried drivers from the manufacturer s websites Intel etc After every attempt I see the following message in device manager quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error Windows cannot load the device driver CODE quot The computer has SP and Working Drivers Install Clean After Numerous Not the latest BIOS I am not incredibly knowledgeable on this and I am completely stumped Your help is greatly Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install appreciated Thank you Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

A:Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

Can you boot to your Windows Vista OS by now? Right-click My Computer and check Properties - System type (32 or 64 bit) and exact OS installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469340/numerous-drivers-not-working-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,Dell 8250, Intel Pentium 4, Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3, machine is headless, All USB ports not recognizing usb devices. So I unistalled them from the device manager and restarted the machine remotely. The machine will not auto reinstall the usb inputs. I have to to it manually but the machine finds a driver that is not signed by microsoft. I then plug in my western digital element hard drive and it needs to be manually installed. Has something went wrong when the machine went headless? Everything worked prior to the machine going headless. Does the machine need a bios update or usb replacement or did I not setup the headless config in the bios correctly?

A:DELL 8250 auto install drivers not working

Download Dial-a-Fix from here: http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix
Click on the Hammer(Tools) and find the option to fix the Cryptographic Service, run that then reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-8250-auto-install-drivers-not-working.911021/
Relevancy 53.75%

I've tried installing it from device manager, downloading them and installing of the disc.. My Gcard is a nvidia gts 450. when I install them I restart my comp and after 'Starting windows' it just stays black..

uh?

EDIT: My computer is only about 2 months old.

A:When I install my Graphic drivers my comp stops working??

Edit, my card is a nvidia gts 450.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/146798-when-i-install-my-graphic-drivers-my-comp-stops-working.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone I have been trying to fix this random problem won't stopped install soundcard working, Onboard drivers on my computer and I haven t been able to find any Onboard soundcard stopped working, drivers won't install solution The only explanation that I can find is that startup got interrupted and something got screwed there I haven t Onboard soundcard stopped working, drivers won't install changed anything to the computer no recent updates My computer QuadCore Intel Core Quad Q MHz x GB RAM VISTA Motherboard Intel Dragontail Peak DP DP PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Intel IB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller A- I tried - Reinstalling the drivers from the CD it tries to install and then says the device isn t present - Donloading drivers from Intel same - Enabling disabling on the BIOS doesn t make a difference - Device manager doesn t even list any audio devices when prompted to detect can t find any System info cannot detect any either but Everest tools does detect it I would Onboard soundcard stopped working, drivers won't install appreciate any help this is a strange situation because I had the same happening on an HP laptop no solution there either Would a different OS make a difference I am also thinking about buying a cheap PCI sound card would that fix my problem Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Onboard soundcard stopped working, drivers won't install

Ah, I had a similar problem once and nothing seemed to work.

In the end I convinced myself that it's time to format my HDD and reinstall my OS anyhow. lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-soundcard-stopped-working-drivers-wont-install.153108/
Relevancy 53.75%

I initially noted programs not and Unable install to Norton 360 working Norton wasn't working I tried to run a variety of programmes including Unable to install programs and Norton 360 not working malewarebytes Norton power eraser tweaking com repair all in one and a variety of Microsoft fixit programmes All would seem to have difficulty loading running with a variety of errors I have had some help from this forum http www bleepingcomputer com forums t probable-vista-infection-norton-wont-openscan entry I still wonder whether my PC is infected or whether it is something else The last suggestion was to run the DDS utility and post the results in a new topic Unfortunately I cannot attach the text file as it comes up with blocked when I click on the choose files bock so I have had to paste it below - sorry Any help would be gratefully appreciated MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB MSXML SP Parser and SDK MyFreeCodec Nero Essentials neroxml NETGEAR WG T Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Norton NVIDIA Drivers Oblivion OpenMG Limited Patch - - - - OpenMG Secure Module OziExplorer Picasa PowerDVD PRE STI Installer PSE STI Installer PunkBuster Services QuickTime Rapport Realtek High Definition Audio Driver RegInOut System Utilities Reimage Repair Samsung Kies SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones Scan Scratch Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB v Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB v Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB Service Pack for SQL Server KB SolutionCenter SonicStage Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader Sql Server Customer Experience Improvement Program Status Steam System Recovery SystemDiagnostics The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Toolbox TrayApp Trusteer Endpoint Protection Tweaking com - Windows Repair All in One UnloadSupport Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Extended KB VBA WebReg Windows Driver Package - Garmin grmnusb GARMIN Devices Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin End Of File - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Robin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Norton Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender ... Read more

A:Unable to install programs and Norton 360 not working

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download the Kaspersky removal tool.http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464Delete all programs you have installed from them.Restart the computer normally.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: TurorialLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Please paste the log in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH ITTHEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510467/unable-to-install-programs-and-norton-360-not-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been having problems with Windows Update for a while I ve spent hours going through forums attempting to solve my problem but updates install Defender, connection/port drivers; & Unable Windows to iTunes, issues for Update no luck Whenever I reboot my computer a Windows Update balloon pops up and says quot Windows cannot install updates quot When I try to search for updates I get error Windows encountered an unknown error It may have something to do with the Background Intelligence Transfer Service but when I try to Start the service set on Automatic Delayed it gives me error parameters are incorrect I ve also had update problems with Windows Defender but somehow yesterday I was able to manually install definition updates from the Microsoft website iTunes I can t install updates to iTunes software It always gets near the end then Unable to install updates for Windows Update & Defender, iTunes, drivers; connection/port issues says an error occurred It attempts to install again with the same result The Apple forums say that the solution should be to download quot Microsoft Visual C Service Pack Redistributable Package ATL Security Update quot but that won t install either - I get this quot An error occurred during the instaallation of assembly Microsoft VC CRT version quot quot type quot win quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot x quot Please refer to Help and Support for more information HRESULT x FD quot Also iTunes will not sync with AppleTV I was have no problems until about a month ago and now when I try to sync I get an error message telling me to make sure port is open I ve done this on both Windows Firewall and Kaspersky Still get the same thing Apple support is no help I bought a Western Digital My Passport Essential gb hard drive about a month ago because I started worrying my computer was going to crash But I can t seem to download the driver I deleted the software that came on the hard drive reinstalled it from the WD website but still the same thing I ve also had this same type of driver-related issue for wireless printers Google Chrome has been freaking out on me with more frequency lately Slower load-times kill pages etc Strange stuff Probably more stuff I m leaving out I use Kaspersky for Windows Workstations I run CCleaner fairly regularly I have also run Malware Bytes Antimalware and Advanced System Clean Can someone look at my dds and gmer logs to see if there s a problem it was hell trying to get the gmer log crashed my system a few times before I finally got it saved Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT - AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP Kaspersky Anti-Virus enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Anti-Virus enabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations avp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Common File... Read more

A:Unable to install updates for Windows Update & Defender, iTunes, drivers; connection/port issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296649/unable-to-install-updates-for-windows-update-defender-itunes-drivers;-connectionport-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

OK so im working on this computer DELL Inspiron w m n -ax MB that someone 531 Dell Inspiron working VISTA not sata install drivers tried to restore and the DVDRW died in the middle of the restore Replaced the DVDRW slap the vista disc in BAM no HDD Now i Dell Inspiron 531 sata drivers not working VISTA install know this HDD is fine because I stuck it my machine and blew it out created new partition formatted NTFS set ACTIVE When I boot and go into the BIOS there is no AHCI MODE vs RAID for the SATA settings Just DISABLE SATA SATA It sees the HDD and the DVDRW np Boot off the Vista disc tell it to load drivers point it to the external drive with the drivers I got from the DELL website using the service code on the back I even tried downloading the nforce drivers and STILL doesnt show the HDD in the list to install too I dug EVERYWHERE on google for MB drivers NVIDIA DELL tried every sata port to even see if it made a difference I still cant get this thing to detect the HDD as if its the wrong driver BIOS sees it even enabled the RAID to see if the RAID mode picked it up and it does so i turned that back off because its not in a raid Anyone got a CLUE help me out i been at it for days on this thing lol

A:Dell Inspiron 531 sata drivers not working VISTA install

magically started working, booted up the pc with a different sata drive, vista saw it (no drivers loaded/OEM dvd) i hot swapped the drives, and POOF, it came up. installed vista home premium with no issues. Just for clarification, all the research i did said it was a geforce 6100 with nforce 420. WRONG it was a nforce 430.

Just info for all the googlers that may be in the same boat as me .

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/284203-dell-inspiron-531-sata-drivers-not-working-vista-install.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello My laptop is from Toshiba model L PSK JA OK Here's Toshiba's driver page for my device Support Toshiba Computers Laptops Notebooks Tablets Televisions DVD and Blu-Ray Players Camcorders Storage Accessories and more I recently purchased a blank hard drive along with a copy of Windows Ultimate bit I've installed all drivers listed on the page for a bit system but when I try to install the quot Intel Wireless LAN Driver For Intel Model Only quot driver or Proset driver the driver extraction begins ends but when the setup is meant to run nothing happens I've redownloaded it and attempted to install it twice to no avail Basically I cannot connect to the internet and Windows cannot detect my network adapter If anyone can help me figure out what working? drivers Ethernet/Network Controller not install found, not I need to install to get my network adapters to install that'd be great I can't call Toshiba support because their operating hours are when Ethernet/Network Controller drivers not found, install not working? I'm at school Occasionally when I try running the driver I mentioned before and the extraction is complete when I select quot No quot as to whether I want to run the file Windows gives me the error quot Archive Extractor -- Error occured in system module - quot I still have my old working hard drive which I replaced because it was slow Is it possible to grab the network drivers from that and transfer it to my new hard drive I can use this hard drive to help you guys help me E Okay so I confirmed I have a Broadcom adapter from checking my old hard drive

A:Ethernet/Network Controller drivers not found, install not working?

So I'm assuming the correct driver fixed the problem then?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/277034-ethernet-network-controller-drivers-not-found-install-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just installed eset smart security when something went wrong and I had to reinstall windows Xp download is working) ANY or Unable install (Internet files to SP After the installation was completed I went to Unable to download or install ANY files (Internet is working) download chrome to install and use it instead Unable to download or install ANY files (Internet is working) of IE which I am presently using Yuck Funny enough chrome exe downloaded and installed as expected but then repeatedly crashed I tried installing files and or downloading from the internet including the F-Secure online scanner using IE but to no avail Either I get a message as when downloading ComboFix lt H id textSection style quot FONT pt pt verdana COLOR black quot gt The page cannot be displayed lt H gt which tells me that i do not have an internet connection when I am online and making this post Odd to say the least I cannot even run windows update it has been hanging for hours at I have unusual names in my background apps like mtrzw initiated apparently by me Since I have not installed any software where did these come from Did something happen when I tried to install ESET SS or did I pick up a malware another way PLEASE help me because at this stage I am at my wits end as to what is going on Yes the PC is slow but why is it that I cannot install download or browse to security related sites in particular where help might be available I am glad I found you Regards Magicantivir Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

A:Unable to download or install ANY files (Internet is working)

Please Help.
I just reinstlled windows. I cannot get to any site to run an online scanner my chat program works i have ie6 i tried to download firefox but it tells me my present settings do not allow this file to be downloaded. what can i do? windows xp sp3 BTW updates are running at 0% some virus is doing this. Can anyone help me????? I could not download any of your tools in like manner. Can bleepingcomputer help me or shoulf I go elsewhere? Pleaswe note that dues to my present situation I am unable to run anything like hijack this or any other program. I cannot install an exe i managed to install an msi antivirus which found 2 threats at first but was not able to delete them. is there hope?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343398/unable-to-download-or-install-any-files-internet-is-working/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently reinstalled the Windows on my laptop, HP pavilion g6 1313ax. Once I did that, I noticed the wifi was not working. I opened up Device Management and It had the yellow exclamation points on Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, PCI Device and SM Bus controller. I thought it was a driver issue so I downloaded the corresponding driver from the HP support website but to no avail. The driver was not getting installed. It would open up the setup wizard and close abruptly. Then nothing happened. I downloaded the driver from the Mediatek website too, and the installation process got completed but there is still no change in the Device Manager neither is the adapter visible in the Change Adapter settings in the Control Panel Networking and Sharing Center.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I need this very urgently.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Wireless not working, ralink driver unable to install.

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with an Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=A9R40PA That would explain why the Ralink wireless card driver doesn't work. You need these wireless and bluetooth drivers for the Atheros card... This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp54972.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Atheros Bluetooth in the supported notebook models and operating systems. File name: sp55714.exe Ethenet Controller: This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp55083.exe PCI Device: This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones. File name: sp55085.exe SMBus Controller:  I have zipped up and attached the smbus controller driver you need below. Download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder. Go to the device manager and click on the smbus controller device needing the driver. Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver. Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install. Then restart the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-not-working-ralink-driver-unable-to-install/td-p/5601259
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there Although I'm not computer illiterate for some reason I just cannot get to grips with my laptop at the moment and since having my son I don't have the same time I had previously to learn The first issue that I noticed was when I turned on the laptop an error message came up about MSE and how a file was missing and possibly the access was denied or something I ignored it at first but then I tried to install a few programs and nothing is installing fully To be a bit more specific if all that is too vague What I'm really trying to install at the moment is just the software for my new keyboard When I attempt to install the software it seems to complete As soon as I click quot finish quot however it comes up with device manager software install Please working. help! Unable and gone/not to the error message that I have attached as a screen grab If it helps point towards the problem I just went to change my desktop picture I figured you guys might end up seeing my desktop via screengrabs etc so thought I'd change it to something cool Right clicked on desktop click quot personalise quot nothing happened Right click-Screenresolution - error message and then both of which I have also attached I think I must be missing some important system files I'd really appreciate it if there is a way to repair my system without formatting everything I'm not able to back anything up where I am at the moment and honestly if the only way is to delete everything I'll probably rather leave it broken and have to wait till I can afford a new laptop Anyway thanks for reading Anything you need from me let me know Lucy

A:Unable to install software and device manager gone/not working. Please help!

exactly what laptop? what keyboard? normally you should not have to install any type of software for the keyboard. It should have worked when you plug it in.

someone else here may have a better solution but what I would do is to
1. do a system restore to a restore point just prior to all the problems.
2. make sure windows is completely uptodate by manually updating windows.
3. uninstall and reinstall msie.
4. plug in the keyboard and see if it will work without the software installation.
5. then try to personalized the background.

after the 2nd step, order does not matter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-software-and-device-manager-gone-not-working-please-help-890057.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I m running Windows bit on a new Asus N v laptop with Atheros networking card Everything was working fine but lately I ve had some problems with the wireless network dropping out Today my wireless stopped working entirely I logged on to the to working, Wireless BSOD stopped now... attempted drivers install Adapter and quick browser profile I had and the wireless worked fine but whenever I switched back to my main administrator account the wireless adapter wouldn t enable and kept saying no wireless networks available The switch on the side did nothing at all nor did enabling it via networking Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD or the keyboard hotkey After a while bluetooth stopped working too I could connect to my router via ethernet cable and went into device manager to update my drivers I selected my network card and checked for driver updates via windows It didn t work So someone suggested I try system restore I restored my laptop to June nd It didn t fix the wireless adapter I went back to device manager to reinstall drivers but I accidently hit quot driver rollback quot that s when my computer restarted and the BSOD appeared Now I can only avoid the BSOD by restarting in safe mode Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD WITHOUT networking Here s the BSOD top of screen cut off to your computer DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safew Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x D x x xFFFFF F D ndis sys - Address FFFFF F D base at FFFFF C DateStamp a bc Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance This is just in time to completely ruin my end of semester uni exams and I ve already wasted many hours on this problem instead of doing an essay due tomorrow morning Can t afford to replace my laptop I d really appreciate any help Cheers nbsp

A:Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-stopped-working-attempted-to-install-drivers-and-now-bsod.926903/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi

bought an old Dell Optiplex GX280, booted up, usb mouse and keyboard are seen and im asked to click continue [or similar] to install drivers for them. but of coarse i cant as they dont work in the first place. same problem with a serial mouse,,,any ideas anyone

what is topic description/title for
thanks

A:Optiplex GX280 keyboard & mouse not working becuase i cant install drivers

Hi, I'm guessing that this is not a new install of Windows XP?

Do some test. Turn on the Power and when the Dell logo appears Press the F2 key for the Bios Setup and see if that works, Same with F12. F12 is the boot device menu. If so then that is good. If not then report back. That will determine if the Keyboard is working at all.

Is your GX280 one of the ones that has a PS2 port for the Keyboard and Mouse? If So borrow them if You can and use them to click to install the USB ones. This is an example. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Dell-OptiPlex-GX280-IO-Serial-PS2-Panel-board-with-cable-T4444-0T4444-/350632562578
I do not vouch for this vendor, I only use them as an example.

The reason I asked about the PS2 ports is there are several versions of the GX280 as I remember the model. Some have PS2 ports in the card slots area. Those hook up to the motherboard with a cable.

Quite often if you let it sit at the login screen and then tap, Not Hold, the power button so it shuts off, The keyboard and mouse will work on the reboot.
Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482884/optiplex-gx280-keyboard-mouse-not-working-becuase-i-cant-install-drivers/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, brand new kid here. Fairly computer literate but not a whiz by any means. I had to do a Windows XP System Recovery on my HP desktop PC a few weeks ago and since then my USB 2.0 ports haven't been themselves.

Before when I used my Kingston 4gb SDHC card in my front USB 2.0 ports (as they're labeled) it worked at full speed with no problems. After the System Recovery, when I plug in the card it gives me a message saying "This device could perform faster if it were plugged into a High Speed USB 2.0 Port." The problem is, my Device Manager lists a high speed port and hub on my computer, but I get the same message on all the ports on my computer. I tried updating the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling them but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I was just given a Lenovo n prod i d - JU laptop that had crashed If n100 3000 install lenovo missing xp working, device keyboard not bad 9 - drivers I can lenovo 3000 n100 bad xp install - keyboard not working, 9 device drivers missing fix lenovo 3000 n100 bad xp install - keyboard not working, 9 device drivers missing it it's mine Yay Problem Keyboard does not work It has a fresh install of XP with Service pack - which I believe was taken off a disk labelled XP Pro Svc pk w sata drivers for gateway - key preloaded - which was in dvd drive In device manager under other devices there is a list of devices marked as uninstalled drivers - base system devices fingerprint sensor foxconn bluetooth plus EDR Network Controller PCI Device SM Bus Controller Video Controller Video Controller VGA Compatible The registered to in properties of My Computer has all the symbols for two lines I have figured by trial and error that the keyboard is not working USB keyboard and mouse do work I have a XP Pro cd version unopened that I can use to reinstall the operating system - however this one I believe is for a compaq hp pc My question should I download all Lenovo drivers to a flash drive and do I need anything special during install will computer recognize usb keyboard and mouse if lenovo 3000 n100 bad xp install - keyboard not working, 9 device drivers missing i am formatting and reinstalling opsys I am thinking that maybe with the disk they used that may be the reason why the keyboard does not work Or can I just install the drivers needed from the lenovo site and then fix the quot registered to quot and quot users quot in the registry what would be my best bet here thanks for the help here

A:lenovo 3000 n100 bad xp install - keyboard not working, 9 device drivers missing

the model number you listed appears to be wrong

put the correct model number in here

Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (US)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lenovo-3000-n100-bad-xp-install-keyboard-not-working-9-device-drivers-missing-607153.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Mom Unable printer install old printer, Windo uninstall to drivers, update has an HP laptop She recently purchased a new HP printer and I have been trying for the last days to get it to install connect I've been in touch with Unable to install printer drivers, uninstall old printer, update Windo HP but the links they provide aren't resolving the issues First using the CD that came with the printer hangs up at around - It doesn't not show up as installed I copied the CD to the desktop modified Setup exe in CFFExplorer and Run as Administrator and it appears to completely install however when I go to Device Manager it says no driver is found I sometimes have the option to update and sometimes that seems to work but I can't access it through Add a Printer which has the green bar run across the top then pulsate and freeze Trying to install using the driver I download from HP results in no installing screen appearing but it does hang up in the background and the only way to stop it is to Restart The same thing happens if I try to use HPs Wizard I've installed several HP printers through the years and not had this much trouble That doesn't even include the dozens of times I've had to reinstall my own HP printer because of its contrariness Additionally attempts to uninstall the old printer results in it hanging up freezing soon in to the process whether I try to uninstall from the Start menu file or Uninstall program I'm not even being able to get the Windows Updates to install - that process also just hangs up freezes FYI - I've not checked her machine in a while so there are many updates however when I just choose at a time it still sits at and never moves FYI the printer when connected is with the USB and I've tried all USB ports on this just in case Am still in touch with HP but they are sending me the usual links so I'm hoping perhaps someone here can think of something a little less ordinary Thx

A:Unable to install printer drivers, uninstall old printer, update Windo

Hi columbia93, welcome to 7F!

Printers are touchy animals, when installing any printer you have to follow the install procedures exactly as described by the manufacturer.

This may be the root cause:

Quote:
FYI - I've not checked her machine in a while

Not that you haven't been able to check it, but there may be an accumulation of problems on your Mom's machine that also are stopping the update process.

I am trying to find one of 7F's tutorials on improving performance of a computer, but it boils down to cleaning out all detritus that a machine can accumulate of a period of time.
I did find this but there is another one: Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover The first three options would help

Run Antimalware/virus scans, run a Check Disk then a sfc /scannow then try to uninstall that old printer driver, and if that works shut down the machine, and try to install the printer without the HP disk, when it looks, but asks if you have the disk say no and allow the OS to install what it has.
It is my understanding that HP Printer drivers already come with Windows 7.

But do the cleanup first and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277719-unable-install-printer-drivers-uninstall-old-printer-update-windo.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I ve posted this on another website forum but they haven t replied and it s been five days now Let me start from the very beginning I have an Acer Aspire Vista -bit Home Basic laptop If you need anymore details please let me know A week ago I finally figured out that drivers "interactive HD Realtek to because of Unable Audio; window station" install you have to mute the speakers in Realtek HD Audio Device so the sound would play through the headphones About two days after that no sound would come through the Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station" headphones but would come from the speakers So my sister suggested we un-install Realtek I Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station" did and then I re-installed it and re-started the computer When the computer booted back on a little thing at the bottom said quot installing latest drivers quot and then I had to click quot allow quot to let it search for audio A few moments later a box popped up that said it found the audio device but quot This operation requires an interactive window station quot Yes that one I have enabled UAC since I don t have to click allow on the restricted areas and I have tried many many suggestions from other forums but none of them have worked I know it s not a hardware problem considering when I m in BIOs and try to go backwards beeps come from the speakers so they are working fine And I m guessing the quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot is because I m not able to update the drivers Also when I go into Device Manager there isn t an option for quot Sound audio or game controller quot I think that might be because of the quot No Audio Output Device quot also If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated I m dying without my sound Really I need the music to block out my sister truthfully maybe I shouldn t have listened to her in the first place nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-hd-audio-unable-to-install-drivers-because-of-interactive-window-station.877705/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello recently my laptop has stopped working completely It previously had Windows Vista Home Basic bit installed Eventually it stopped starting up and just remained stuck at loading drivers no matter how I went about starting it Safe Mode Safe Mode to drivers" Unable Windows install "Missing 7; with command prompt normally etc I decided it was time for me to ditch Vista anyways and procured a Windows Home Premium bit disk from a family member After some initial troubles with installation I followed online advice to format my computer first After some navigating I managed to open up the command prompt and format successfully However the problem Unable to install Windows 7; "Missing drivers" I had before still remains once I go to Install Now and then Custom it asks me Where do you want to install Windows At the bottom of the screen it notes that No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation Now I ve gotten drivers on several different devices whether it be SD card USB or CD None of it worked I ve seen that many others have had this same problem but never under the same circumstances as mine Here are the specs of my computer that I could gather from the PhoenixBIOS menu CPU Type AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core QL- CPU Speed GHz IDEO Model Name WDC WD BEKT- V T - S ATAPI Model Name HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N- S System BIOS Version V VGA BIOS Version BK-ATI VER KBC Version Product Name NV Series Manufacturer Name Gateway I m very ignorant when it comes to computers and have no idea if this information is of any use I ve only made it this far through hours of online searching and trial error Any assistance would be appreciated please and thank you nbsp

A:Unable to install Windows 7; "Missing drivers"

What file format are the drivers in? The file name of the driver should be something like driver01.inf. Only INF files are read as drivers by Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-windows-7-missing-drivers.1065426/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I want to update the drivers for my GTX260 graphics card.
I downloaded the appropriate driver for my OS, Vista Home premium 64 bit (OEM):
Driver: 182.06_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whgl.
But when I try to run the driver application I get the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.Check your computer's system information to see wether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact your software publisher".

I have the same problem with 64bit NVidia networkcontrollers.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

stefan

System: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 8GB RAM, Geforce GTX260, Asus P5N-D (nForce 750ichipset)
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1 (OEM)

A:Unable to install 64bit NVidia drivers on Vista 64bit

I was just wondering if this could be just an installer problem.
The filesize of 182.06_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whql is just 22kb.
I noticed on another site (64bit and x64) they have a download of the same driver that is a 100 MB.

Is anyone familiar with start64.com? Can I safely download the NVidia drivers
from there?

And do I really need to install 64bit versions of the driver or can I just as well install the 32 bit version of the same driver (even though my OS is 64 bit) ???

Any help would be much appreciated!

stefan

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/215155-unable-install-64bit-nvidia-drivers-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently installed a package for transferring my vhs video to digital format. The package is called Ez grabber but that in itself is not important. When I boot my HP Pavilion Slimline and open the software nothing happens but if I delete the driver from Sounf, video and game controllers using Device manager, remove the USB cable from the grabber hardware and reboot. If I then insert the usb the machine re-loads the driver and the software works. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can stop it happening please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485016/drivers-and-ports/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there I have an HP Pavilion DV dx laptop running a freshly installed windows upgrade from windows Vista Ever since the upgrade my CPU is constantly running at - all the time meaning I cannot do anything on my PC After researching a bit online it could possibly be the driver errors I see in device manager In device manager I see that I have some drivers missing and all attempts to update these have failed and i've seen other users here post the missing drivers and be directed to the fixes Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C unable - find drivers System to drivers Base Device error amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location on Intel R ICH M LPC Interface Controller - ACPI ENE ENE So if the updated drivers fix these errors and yet the CPU usage does not go back down Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers I may have to try something else I would load pics to this thread but I fear the PC will crash as it has done twice this morning just from opening firefox As a note yes I have rebooted yes I have run a virus scan and yes I have made sure that almost all prgrammes are not running I have loaded up pics of the Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers CPU usage and Processes running too Cheers

A:Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers

Have you downloaded the Windows 7 drivers from the HP site.
Link: Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv7-2185dx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/203987-base-system-device-drivers-error-unable-find-drivers.html