Windows Support Forum

Need help on using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro to recover hard drive

Q: Need help on using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro to recover hard drive

Hello everybody I had a problem after uninstalling O amp O Defrag using Revo uninstaller My system became unstable I tried system restore tried to recover my system from the recovery partition and a set of recovery CD s all to no avail Someone suggested that I use Artellos ARCDS recovery CD It made one pass then stopped working I was advised that I would need to get a Windows XP Pro Media Center CD build and run that As of now I have no way Backup to 9.0 Drive Pro using recover Need hard drive Paragon on help to get that CD However what I do have is a verified recovery DVD and Hard disk backups all created on - - using Paragon Drive Backup Pro My problem is that I don t know how to use these DVD s and want to avoid further damaging my PC I already booted the PC with the recovery and the DVD however there are too many choices that I m unfamiliar Need help on using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro to recover hard drive with and loath to try There is a simple restore wizard which seems like the Need help on using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro to recover hard drive one i should use however I m not sure how to proceed from there If anyone here is familiar with Paragon Pro could you please advise me on how to proceed Thank you in advance for any time you spend on my behalf Enrico nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help on using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro to recover hard drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need help on using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro to recover hard drive

Download the user guide for that software

See "Drive Backup 9.0 Personal" in the link below.

http://www.paragon-software.com/downloads/manual.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-using-paragon-drive-backup-9-0-pro-to-recover-hard-drive.916893/
Relevancy 108.79%

Paragon Backup & Recovery?, version 10.2 free

If my backed up HD dies and I put another HD in my computer, can I do a restore to the new HD using this software?

A:Can Paragon Backup restore to a different hard drive

I find Paragon Backup & Recovery to be a very nice app. It will do what you want and it is fairly easy to use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333284/can-paragon-backup-restore-to-a-different-hard-drive/
Relevancy 96.75%

I will start off by saying that I have hard drives a gig Main HD with windows a gig Old HD used for Storage and a gig Music Pictures and Video Projects A couple days ago my computer froze and when I started to Please recover Hard Backup Help!! need files. Probelm, Drive it up again it said it was missing a important windows file I ended up reinstalling windows Backup Hard Drive Probelm, need to recover files. Please Help!! then reformatting and installing windows again There is nothing wrong with my gig and my gig is now clean with only windows however I have Backup Hard Drive Probelm, need to recover files. Please Help!! lost access to my gig It comes up in device manager and says its working but I does not come up in Disk Defrag or management I m very confused on what to do and help would be very appericated I have a lost of time I invested in the gig and I hate to see all the data i ve worked so hard on being lost Any idea on how I can possibly get the HD working again or at least recover the files before I have to reformat Please Help nbsp

A:Backup Hard Drive Probelm, need to recover files. Please Help!!

Can you see the HDD in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backup-hard-drive-probelm-need-to-recover-files-please-help.493156/
Relevancy 93.31%

A few days before my computer had a bad crash I had backed up my HD using the above programe,
I have now restored the backup to my HD, but am unable to open the files, they are called "arc files". Does anyone know how I can open them.
Unable to ask Paragon as their site refuses to recognise my email address and password.
Thanks.

Relevancy 92.45%

Paragon Drive Backup Pro - FREE License software - free backup, partition freeware, data recovery
Until 4th may - d/l and get your free license before then.

This is called 9.5 Pro - Paragon are now reducing the edition number by 0.5 on their special giveaways.

What you get here is Version 10.

It includes the P2P Adjust o/s module to make o/s bootable on different hardware , worth getting for that alone.

Huge 300mb download includes 32 and 64 bit installers , plus self burning boot disc.

A:Paragon Drive Backup Pro - FREE

Downloading now. Thanks SIW2.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/277053-paragon-drive-backup-pro-free.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I found a posting on another forum and it worked. Paragon Drive Backup 8 available free for a while. This is the replacement for their Exact Image 7 program and it creates images similar to Ghost and Acronis.

There are two links needed. One downloads the program in zip format and the other link is for the free registration code.

Can't beat the price.
Program File
http://slickdeals.net/?sduid=39804&t...stya/DB8SE.zip

Registration Code available here
http://kb.paragon.ag/paragon/scripts...roduct_id=1846

Relevancy 92.45%

Until 4th may - d/l and get your free license before then.

This is called 9.5 Pro - Paragon are now reducing the edition number by 0.5 on their special giveaways.

What you get here is Version 10.

It includes the P2P Adjust o/s module to make o/s bootable on different hardware , worth getting for that alone.

Huge 300mb download includes 32 and 64 bit installers , plus self burning boot disc.

License software - free backup, partition freeware, data recovery

A:Paragon Drive Backup Pro - FREE

Actually, free till 9 AM tomorrow:

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/82133-paragon-drive-backup-pro-free.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Giveaway of the Day - Paragon Drive Backup Special Edition Quote Complete set of features for entire disk imaging and file Backup Backup to any destination Including local mounted un-mounted partitions external the of 2010 - Paragon Backup Drive Giveaway Day storage locations CD DVD Blu-ray discs network shares FTP as well as a secured hidden partition Giveaway of the Day - Paragon Drive Backup 2010 on your local drive Paragon Backup Capsule Smart Backup options for headache-free security so you can backup exactly what you need and with the best backup method chosen automatically depending on the data to protect Professional recovery tools Useful extras boot corrector simple partitioning and more Full article and download here As always with Giweaway of the Day you have to download and start installation to get serial before AM UTC tomorrow Thursday December rd AM CET AM EST or PM today PST Kari EDIT I downloaded the -bit version and got this when unpacking the zip packet and running the included setup exe Click first the button next to the drop down list to browse to a folder where you want to extract the installer Click then at bottom right the button on the left This extracts installer to folder you chose Run then the installer

A:Giveaway of the Day - Paragon Drive Backup 2010

Paragon! Pfft!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/43685-giveaway-day-paragon-drive-backup-2010-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

July - It's free today do not miss this application Drive Backup Professional Edition can do more to protect your system in minutes time than any other professional backup software on the market With advanced total backup and restore functionality Drive Backup Professional is a highly-rated tool set where advanced users leverage the robust technology that s also found in Paragon s Drive Backup business solutions Use Drive Backup Professional regularly and protect your technology investment Key Features -Backup and Restore your system without the time consuming process of applications setup and customization in the event of 9.0 Drive Professional Paragon Edition Backup a system crash -Paragon File-level backup An innovative file-level protection system that allows users Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional Edition to protect all files documents from damage through the creation of a backup copy -Use Cyclic Backup Set it and forget it backup policy that performs regular backups and automatically manages them -Paragon Adaptive Restore- A powerful and unique technology which allows restoring Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional Edition -Windows Vista on completely different hardware or even on a virtual machine -And much more

A:Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional Edition

I got it and it's pretty useful. I just don't get how we will be able to boot using WinPE when we don't get one from giveawayoftheday as the CD comes with the retail version.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/239808-paragon-drive-backup-9-0-professional-edition.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Only 3 days promo, grab it if you can, here is more details:
http://www.paragon-software.com/free....html#download

And YES PDB Pro 9, works on Windows 7

A:Paragon Drive Backup Professional - giveaway

Thanks Creer .. good find!! +rep

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/23395-paragon-drive-backup-professional-giveaway.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hardly know where to begin I used Paragon Drive Backup Free started it up and let it backup my windows with all my installed apps on Solved: 9.5 Paragon Backup Drive Free it Something went wrong or else I did something wrong Now I only have the drive this software created and my C drive with windows on Solved: Paragon Drive Backup 9.5 Free it is apparently gone Can t find it anywhere and not even a sign of it Am stuck with the backup made by Paragon Now my drive C is this amp amp Paragon backup and only GB free out of GB Where has my GB Hitachi HD gone Oh I know it is still in my computer but it does not show in the Computer icon on my desktop What confounds this even more is I only had an Acronis Home image file saved on an external HD that is a March image Afraid I know what you may say about this---nothing to do but re-install I surely hope someone has a better plan than that As usual TIA BTW after the fact but I now learn that my version of Acronis does not support Windows I am using an ISO CD I burned some time ago and that is the way I accessed my Acronis backups on the the external HD Help--please That ISO CD may just let me continue using the Acronis version I now have and until I can buy the version nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

I have converted to Windows from XP and already know I will miss Paragon's Backup Adust P2P Professional Drive Feature the quot repair Paragon's Drive Backup Professional P2P Adust Feature install quot or quot in place upgrade quot feature of Windows XP Under XP I could replace Paragon's Drive Backup Professional P2P Adust Feature my motherboard Processor and run the quot repair install quot from the XP CD and have the new mother board boot and run XP with no problem All the installed programs such as Office and Firefox were still there and functional Under Win they do not get carried over to the new MB computer according to post here and elsewhere and will have to be reinstalled Under XP I did have to reactivate with a 'phone call to MS but that was no big deal As I understand it Paragon's Drive Backup Professional 's P P Adjust feature will allow me install a new MB or other major hardware and restore EVERYTHING from a Paragon backup to the modified computer without having to reinstall my programs Is this correct

A:Paragon's Drive Backup Professional P2P Adust Feature

Quote: Originally Posted by jsquareg

I have converted to Windows 7 from XP and already know I will miss the "repair/install" or "in place upgrade" feature of Windows XP. Under XP I could replace my motherboard/Processor and run the "repair install" from the XP CD and have the new mother board boot and run XP with no problem. All the installed programs, such as Office and Firefox were still there and functional. Under Win 7 they do not get carried over to the new MB computer according to post here and elsewhere and will have to be reinstalled. Under XP, I did have to reactivate with a 'phone call to MS but that was no big deal.

As I understand it, Paragon's Drive Backup Professional 10's P2P Adjust feature will allow me install a new MB or other major hardware and restore EVERYTHING from a Paragon backup to the modified computer without having to reinstall my programs.

Is this correct?

I am confused. Win 7 does have a "repair install" feature. what is it that you could do on XP and cant do in Win 7??
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/70679-paragons-drive-backup-professional-p2p-adust-feature.html
Relevancy 90.3%

GAOTD are distributing Paragon Drive Backup Personal 9 - for FREE

This is great piece of Backup software - fully featured and selling for $39 normally. I have been using Paragon products for a while - they are excellent.

The d/l has both 32 and 64 bit installers.

Once extracted from the GAOTD setup, you register for a free key with Paragon , which they email to you.

This means you can keep reinstalling it.

22hrs left :

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

A:FREE Paragon Drive Backup Personal - today only.

Paragon makes good stuff. I've been using their Partition Manager since I moved to Vista.

Better than the usual GAOTD fare.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/6685-free-paragon-drive-backup-personal-today-only.html
Relevancy 90.3%

GAOTD are distributing Paragon Drive Backup Personal 9 - for FREE

This is great piece of Backup software - fully featured and selling for $39 normally. I have been using Paragon products for a while - they are excellent.

The d/l has both 32 and 64 bit installers.

Once extracted from the GAOTD setup, you register for a free key with Paragon , which they email to you.

This means you can keep reinstalling it.

22hrs left :

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Paragon Drive Backup 9 Personal - Protect your entire PC, undo software malfunctions or crashes, and safeguard your data with latest Paragon Drive Backup 9 Personal. ...

A:FREE Paragon Drive Backup 9 Personal for today only.

Thanks!!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/220936-free-paragon-drive-backup-9-personal-today-only.html
Relevancy 89.44%

December - Today Only Special offer for GAOTD users Paragon Drive Backup Special Edition - English-version offers more safety to all your important data including videos images Free Special 2010 Ed. Drive Backup Today Paragon - music files documents and applications Find other extra features onboard this toolkit along with a Windows and -bit Operating Systems support What we offer - Complete set of features for entire disk imaging and file Backup - Backup to any destination Including local mounted un-mounted partitions external storage locations CD DVD Blu-ray discs network shares FTP as well as a secured hidden partition on your local drive Paragon Backup Capsule - Smart Backup options for headache-free security so you can backup exactly what you need and with the best backup method chosen automatically depending on the data to protect - Professional recovery tools - Useful extras boot corrector simple partitioning and more What s new in Special Edition comparing to Drive Backup Personal Paragon Drive Backup 2010 Special Ed. - Free Today - Windows support - Smart Backup Wizard backup exactly what you need the whole system e-mail databases MS Outlook Paragon Drive Backup 2010 Special Ed. - Free Today Express Windows Mail media files or office documents of the My Documents folder or any other files and folders in a few mouse clicks - Selective Restore to easily extract files and folders from a backup image with the - Restore Wizard without the need to restore the whole image - Schedule File backup you can start the File Backup Wizard with the preset scheduling option - Backup to FTP - And other minor improvements If you are bit system user follow the link here

A:Paragon Drive Backup 2010 Special Ed. - Free Today

Paragon is very good for servers or situations where you have to make frequent backups. The writing of differential backups is extremely fast (in my test just a couple of minutes). But as usual with those advanced programs, you need to do some learning. To purchase it is pretty expensive - $80 last time I looked. The product key for my last free version that I won in a contest expired after some time. So you may expect the same with this freebie.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/261811-paragon-drive-backup-2010-special-ed-free-today.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Gday I have Hard & Paragon Hard External Disk Suite Manager Drive USB emailed Paragon and am awaiting there reply but you guys seem to know a lot more and try and solve the problem Up to this point I have used either Acronis or Paragon for my backups I prefer Paragon over Acronis mainly because the restore by Paragon is far quicker I have both bootable CD's but in this instance I would like to concentrate on Paragon I downloaded Paragon's Advanced Recovery CD Build Put it in my rom and booted looked at a black screen for minutes Removed it and rebooted it got stuck at the loading of Vista then I got another black screen no hard drive movement Rebooted again this time with the regular Paragon bootable CD It booted into the recovery console Now this is where things go from bad to worse I tried finding my OS after a lengthy period I received an error disk i o fault no operating system found Now disk is my external hard drive where my backups are kept So I rebooted with the CD in went into the recovery console and clicked on quot safe restore quot after playing the waiting game I get a message disk i o fault Took out the Paragon CD put in the Vista one tried a repair but there was no OS to repair So I installed Vista and because I didn't want to have to reinstall all of my programs again yer lazy I know but that's what backup's are for Checked with the fresh install that my two external hard drives had there drivers and were present They were both accounted for in Vista So put back in the Paragon bootable CD got to the recovery console tried a quot normal restore quot and once again got disk i o fault So I tried a quot safe restore quot same error message Back tracked to see if my OS was still there and IT HAD GONE So again I installed Vista checked with the fresh install that my two external hard drives had there drivers and were present They were both accounted for in Vista Put back in the Paragon bootable CD got to the recovery console tried a quot safe restore quot and once again got disk i o fault Back tracked to see if my OS was still there and IT HAD GONE AGAIN So yet again I installed Vista this time I tried copying over the latest backup to a partition that the Paragon recovery console could read Tried again and yup you guessed it lost the OS again this time the error message was disk i o fault Once again I installed Vista this time however I installed the Paragon software initially it wouldn't find my backups but I was like a dog with a bone and eventually got Paragon Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite & USB External Hard Drive to locate them This time I tried a restore from the Windows environment crossed my fingers my eyes and my legs eventually Paragon said it needed to reboot to continue the operation I rebooted and the recovery looked promising but I could not sit there and watch it waiting for it to fail so I went and watched the TV for a couple of hours I came back to my PC and OMG shock horror EVERYTHING WAS BACK Now for the question I have used the recovery console before and it found my USB external hard drives why this time could it not Footnote I also tried my Acronis bootable CD it loaded then the screen went black I have since done a backup to my external just to make sure it was still viable it worked without a hitch I also did a backup on a partition that is on a different hard drive to my OS just in case I run into this problem again Whether or not it will be read is a whole different story

Relevancy 86.86%

I copied my hard drive from a unit I had, copy is on a IDE Western Digital 7200rpm 200g. I tried to put it in a new unit I built (specks below). When I installed it and tried to run I got the blue screen of death. The copied unit will not boot my new unit. I used Paragon 8x to copy the drive. I know Im missing something but I cant see what? Any help would be appreciated TNX Mike

ECS MOBO pt890-A
Intel dual core 2.8g
Kingston 2g 533 ddr2
xtasy video 256mb
WD 200g 7200rpm

Relevancy 82.56%

Paragon Hard rive Manager crashed bootmgr needed to reformat, My Vita Laptop
I have defragmented with Paragon Hard Drive Manager and it has crashed my laptop and I had to format it. It suxs a** Never Downloaded.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/paragon-hard-drive-manager-crashed-bootmgr-needed-to-reformat-vista.112811/
Relevancy 80.84%

My 500gb backup hard drive is showing only 25gb left. My main 650gb hard drive shows only 150gb used. How is this discrepency possible? Also when I examine the I drive can only get it to add up to less than 200gb, the largest file being an computer image file.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/backup-hard-drive-discrepency-main-hard-drive-4604002/
Relevancy 80.84%

I purchased a Western Digital gb external hard drive My Passport Essential I think a few years back with the idea that I would use it as a backup to my main computer and or an alternative hard drive storage for my music But I have been sadly deceived and luckily I have only used it as a sync temporary access drive when I needed to print stuff away from home Well the time has come to upgrade to a new computer with more space and speed etc than current and I have been trying to find ways to transfer my existing files across In my search I have stumbled across many forums websites that advise the WD external hdd and the preinstalled software WD Sync Dmailer Sync a hard backup Use as external drive drive Digital Western whichever it is now is not suitable as a backup drive and that if the computer is erased and at any point resync ed the data on the external hdd Use Western Digital external hard drive as a backup drive will be deleted Also many people advise they have lost files as a result of computer crashes etc and cannot retrieve the files from either their WD hdd or their computer All of which has prompted me to start this thread Can anyone please tell me is there Use Western Digital external hard drive as a backup drive a way to Transfer my files to my new computer using the WD external hdd NB Not as important as I have alternative methods may start another thread Turn the WD hdd into a back up drive without purchasing the Dmailer Backup software NB I am not opposed to buying new software but I feel I have been quot done quot by a highstreet actually retail park computer store and I don t particularly want to purchase a product that has more limitations Register my new Use Western Digital external hard drive as a backup drive computer with it so that I can wipe give this computer and give it away Alternatively wipe the WD hdd and start all over again I have contacted Dmailer already but patience it not my strongest point specs current windows XP gb hdd memory unknown celeron M processor new windows gb hdd gb memory core duo processor - both laptops notebook nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

I want to backup my 2 XP PCs with this product (Symantec Drive Image 7). Can anyone comment on this scenario. I should have said that I want to output to a USB 2.0 External Hardrive.

A:Hard Drive Backup Solution - Symantec Drive Image 7

Originally posted by Rick
Works fine...... .......

Of course, the trade off is reliability. Drive image 7 is plagued with bugs and problems, many of which the latest patch address, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are still a few big ones in there.

But yes, this program will be perfect for your scenario as long as your external hard drive has enough free space for images of both PCs.Click to expand...

I have used this program for a couple years, with no problems, Rick your the first I have heard this opinion from. Although I will admit 2 things .My copy is pre Symantec takeover ,ver 7.01( which I will not update at Symantec without a fight) and ,I have never done a poll!

Squeaky I use the exact same setup for my back-ups. I use file verification which is slow , But I have a clean install image file ,then I only back up Data to seperate Image to speed things up.. (just a hint that you might can use.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-backup-solution-symantec-drive-image-7.12338/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, until recently I had an XP PC with a single main OS IDE HD. To backup I performed monthly an Acronis clone to an identical 2nd IDE HD that I bought for this purpose. Easy.
Now I have a Win7 PC with two identical SSD's in RAID0 as main OS drive and a 2nd internal HD. I would like to perform a backup of this system so that I can later restore it to any HD configuration I choose (for example a single SSD, or a single HD, etc). Is this possible or the restore will need to be done to the same original configuration (two SSD's in RAID0+2nd int HD)? What would be the simplest software that will accomplish this? Thanks for your suggestions

A:Backup RAID0/Recover to new drive/Need advice

Hello Antares,

It doesn't matter if they are in RAID or single so long as they are large enough to restore the image to.

RAID is treated just like any single drive, but you would just need to have RAID setup how you like before restoring the clone to it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/272365-backup-raid0-recover-new-drive-need-advice.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello windows seven,

I was thinking for this...

Local Disk C --> either bitlocker encrypted or unencrypted.
Local Disk D --> bitlocker encrypted partition and a space for backup

How can I backup and recover if using Acronis?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/394442-how-can-i-backup-recover-bitlocker-drive-if-using-acronis.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have had two Maxtor external hard drives fail on my wife's PC. Each one has only lasted 18 months or less. Even though the backup process was easy and automatic I am considering going with a Flash USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Thumb-type Drive to manually backup important files and images. Is there anything wrong with this method of backup that I'm unaware of?

My wife's PC has genealogy software with lots of files and associated images, etc. (for over 40,000 people), which is about 10GB in size. It is this information that needs to be backed-up whenever additions/changes are made.

I am thinking about replacing the [most recently] expired Maxtor external hard drive with either a 16GB or 32GB Flash USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Thumb-type Drive. Is this a reasonable method for backup? Which GB size would you recommend? Brand?

Thanks!

Relevancy 79.55%

This is my current configuration:

PATA

C drive has Win7 80GB
D has half Winxp and half storage. Total size of D is 160GB

I want to put both C and D onto a single SATA drive of 240GB and make that SATA a dual boot.

I am using Acronis 15. How do I do this?

A:How do I backup and recover separate PATA's w/OS's into one SATA drive

"I am using Acronis 15"
Acronis what? They make more than one product you know!
Is it Acronis True Image, Acronis Disk Director or Acronis Migrate Easy?
Official user guides & documentation are here: http://www.acronis.com/support/?TS=4-0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-backup-and-recover-separate-patas-w-oss-into-one-sata-drive.1042052/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just replaced my motherboard to a M3N72-D and reinstalled vista, now i am trying to recover backed files from an external harddrive, and since i didnt use windows easy transfer with the old motherboard it wont let me recover the files, is there any other way to do them all at once, otherwise i would have to recover 170gb worth of files one by one. plz help

A:re-installed os, need to recover backup files from external drive

try taking ownership of the files

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-installed-os-need-to-recover-backup-files-from-external-drive-359345.html
Relevancy 77.4%

When i try to backup my files using windows 7 backup function i get an error message at the very end, usually an hour or more, that says the backup yo my external hard drive was unsuccessful because a file on the C drive could not be found? I've tried for the past 2 weeks and the same thing happens over and over again.

A:backup of hard drive to external hard drive

With a lot of external hard drives, they are unfortunately formatted as FAT32 for compatibility with other OS's and systems. FAT32 cannot handle a single file over 4GB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backup-of-hard-drive-to-external-hard-drive.1150960/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone my sister in law's computer packed up and she thinks its down to the hard drive so she asked me to take it out for her and check it on mine. Im a complete novice when it comes to computers and the little i do know is just wot i've taught meself so here goes lol. I've took the side off my computer and ide cable (think its called that lol) that goes to my hard drive has another connection on it for another hard drive im guessin and the is some more power leads to plug into another hard drive so is it just straight forward plug and play to see if her hard drive will show up on my computer or do i have to go into my bios to set up the settings for the second hard drive. thanks

A:recover hard drive

You have it right . just connect the drive to the motherboard and the power supply.If you can read/access the drive...I suggest that the first thing you do is a series of scans for malware. While the drive is attached, I suggest that you run a diagnostic on the drive, following the instructions for usage of such...available at the website of the respective hard drive manufacturer. Run the long/extended test.Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/ LouisYou may have to change the jumper setting, http://www.pcguide.com/byop/byop_SettingHardDriveJumpers.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250308/recover-hard-drive/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi. I have Easy Recovery Pro, but I do not like the way it recovers files on a hard drive with a missing allocation table.

What software can I use to recover a hard drive where I know the data is still there, but the allocation table is missing. I used to use Norton Disk Doctor and Sytem Utilities.

Thank you:
Rhyder

A:Recover Hard Drive

rhyder said:

Hi. I have Easy Recovery Pro, but I do not like the way it recovers files on a hard drive with a missing allocation table.

What software can I use to recover a hard drive where I know the data is still there, but the allocation table is missing. I used to use Norton Disk Doctor and Sytem Utilities.

Thank you:
RhyderClick to expand...

Rhyder, the best data recovery software that I've ever used in my many years of computing comes from a company called Stellar. Their Stellar Phoenix recovery programs have saved my bacon quite a few times. I highly recommend the programs. The program will get your data back even though the allocation table is missing. Get all the details at:

http://stellarinfo.com/

Good luck to you. Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-hard-drive.374976/
Relevancy 76.54%

If any of you can help me out on this one, it would be great.

I have a 120 gb HD that I bought last year and it recently just died on me. When I plug it into my computer now, it instantly forces my computer to restart, and when it's hooked up when I start my PC the computer refuses to start up.

It's still under warranty (ends in about a month, so I'm glad it died when it did if it was ever going to) and Western Digital is sending me a replacement, so I'm ok there. I'd just like to know if it's at all possible to recover any of the data on it before I ship it back to them.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 76.54%

Hey Forums,

I have a external hard drive that I think is malfunctiong. Its making beeping noises when turned on and is not showing in My Computer. Before gettin it back from my cousin he said it was givin him an error but nothing now. After doin a lil gogling I came across SpinRite but then wasnt sure becasue it is a USB external hard drive. A 500GB Lacie to be exact.

This HD is my life, havin all my design work since 2007 on it, and I was just usin it as a temp place to 'backup' until I got another HD plus burn what I really needed off. So perfect timing I guess.

Any and all help would be appreciated it. I really cant afford to pay a arm and a leg but if it can down to it Id have to.

What are my options if any? Thanks!

Relevancy 76.54%

hey guys i need some major help fast....i accidently delete everything on my hd and reformat it too and got the wrong drive : well its one drive but i did the partition and made it into 2 but i accidently delete all of them and did a fresh installation of window xp so everything is lost so can someone please show me show i can recover everything on the hd because without it i dont think i can live anymore

A:please help recover my hard drive

Sorry to inform you of this but what your asking for is very hard and expensive, plus it's not guaranteed to recover anything, you deleted, formatted and wrote over, if there is any thing left it's a sure thing that much of it is unreadable.
Here is a few places you can check out
http://www.ontrack.com/special/0704drtmpgoogleservices.asp?psearch=google
http://www.r-tt.com/?GGLAW010
http://www.file-recovery.net/
http://www.lc-tech.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-recover-my-hard-drive.285387/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,
I spilled water on my Dell laptop; thus, it no longer will turn on. How could I please recover the data from it? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Have a good day,
LP

Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys,

I bought a Gateway laptop about a year and a half back. It didn't come with any sort of recovery cd, but it asked if I wanted to make one on the first bootup and I did. Since then the hard drive has been fried and I replaced it. Is it possible to reinstall Vista/Drivers from that CD, or will I need to reinstall the OS before I can recover?

Thanks.

A:New Hard Drive, Trying to Recover with CD

I hope you did a backup.

Go into the bios and set it so the computer will boot from the cd.
Put the cd in and reboot.

Sorry about all of the lost files.

Hard drive crashes are a pain.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-hard-drive-trying-to-recover-with-cd-449059.html
Relevancy 76.54%

How do you revocer your pictures after you have to completly restore your computer back to factory condition. i need those pictures back and i deleted them like 24 hour ago and i system recovered with the acer recoverytool.

A:Hard drive recover

I have actually found that a recovery program called Pandora Recovery usually grabs most common file types and I have used it after a format a few times with good results.

Best of all it is free, you can download it from here

Is rather simple to use as well. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-recover.130532/
Relevancy 75.68%

We had a new hard drive installed and the old hard drive was given to us. Is there anyway of recovering any data or pics from it ? (I thought I had transferred everything I needed)

A:Recover info from old hard drive?

You could build your own ext HD.
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...ml#post1177933

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/176609-recover-info-old-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 75.68%

OK hard I my recover Can data from my drive? here s my setup Athlon XP MB DDR RAM GB Primary IDE master - C with OS installed GB Primary IDE slave - D no OS - data and other stuff CD CDRW Secondary IDE Win SE Everything has been working fine for about a year now and then suddenly this weekend I hit some problems While my computer was sitting Can I recover my data from my hard drive? idle I noticed it suddenly went to a blue screen that said something like quot error writing to C drive quot So I rebooted and then the BIOS Phoenix started hanging on the quot Detecting IDE drives quot POST message It hung for about seconds and then couldn t find either drive on the Primary IDE channel So my first impression was that the master drive was at fault Through some trial and error testing I found that actually the slave drive GB is Can I recover my data from my hard drive? the problem The master works fine without the slave attached but as soon as the slave is there it freezes on the POST message Sometimes the GB drive is detected by the BIOS sometimes not It seems to be fairly random when the BIOS can detect it Even when it is detected by the BIOS Windows DOS cannot read from the drive gets a quot cannot read from media quot or some such error I ve narrowed it down to definitely being the slave drive because the same symptoms show up when it is plugged into a different system altogether As a sanity check I have also tried different IDE channels different cables different jumper settings and making the drive settings in the BIOS manually rather than auto-detect - all with the same results So there s obviously some issues with the drive Now the big question is can I get the data on the drive off of it somehow More specifically can I or someone else do that without voiding the warranty and without costing me several hundred dollars I have a lot of game saves and other data on the drive which would be a real pain in the butt to lose but not enough to pay that much cash out Or is there something else that I might be missing Is there some kind of boot disk tool that could maybe access the drive when Windows cannot on the occasions when BIOS can detect the drive Thanks in advance for any help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

My 7 year old win 98 hard drive won't boot up. Fan is working, can hear hard drive trying to start, then die down. Any hope of getting info off the hard drive? I need email address list and documents from msworks.

A:Recover info from hard drive?

You MIGHT be able to, but there are no guarantees.

You can try removing the hard drive from the computer and closing it in a zip lock bag. Place it in your freezer for a several hours. After taking it out, put it back in the computer and see if it will boot up. If it does, take an immediate back-up and replace with a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-info-from-hard-drive.748045/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am using Windows 7 OS. I had two logical partitions, E & F. I saw an unallocated free space on my disk. I tried to to mount unallocated drive to another

logical drive , it asked for the folder,where I wanted to mount I gave one folder in E drive. it asked if i want to format...i said

no. and thats all,process completed! And just then I saw there was no other logical drive left...neither E nor F.
Now I can see only C drive and nothing else.
how to recover my hard drive and the files now?

A:How to recover my hard drive and the files?

Hi mpandey

I have deleted your other two posts for this same issue.
Please do not create duplicate threads. Continue replies for this issue in this thread.
If you feel your thread would receive more help in a different forum, please use the Report button at the bottom of your post and request it to be moved to that forum.
Thank you.

Also, it would help us help you, if you posted more information about your system.

Download the: TSG System Information Utility
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Copy the results and paste them in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-my-hard-drive-and-the-files.1042288/
Relevancy 75.68%

On my system I have a 120gig and a 40 gig hard drives. (I run dual boot with 98se and XP pro). I was reinstalling both operating systems and my 40gig (which is my documents drive) got messed up by win 98 setup. . I formatted the 120gig and ran win 98 setup. When win 98 setup ran scandisk it found errors on drive E (my documents drive) and I accidently hit "fix the errors" instead of "don't fix the errors" which now makes it show up as unformatted. Is there anything I can do to recover the data?
Thanks.

A:Help!! Must recover data on hard drive

Do a "recovery" search on the forum, this subject came up recently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-must-recover-data-on-hard-drive.10815/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi.

Earlier today I clean re-installed Windows XP Professional. I backed up alot of useful data on my second hard drive, and proceeded with the reinstallation. Everything went smooth, but when I double clicked my second hard drive in My Computer, it gave the message:

"The disk in drive D is not formatted.

Do you want to format it now?"

If i proceed with this, all the data on that hard drive will be wiped out.

Is there any possible way to recover the date from the hard drive?

Relevancy 75.68%

I have an orphaned laptop, a Chicony MP 980, running Windows 98
Problem: No picture, just blank dark screen.

Preliminary diagnosis: Defective video card or problem with hard drive. Since early 2001, Chicony has stopped supporting all laptop models. No parts are available.

I have valuable material on the hard drive that I need to recover.

Any ideas on how I could do this? Please give easiest solutions first. I am not highly technical, so please keep it as simple and clear as possible.

Many thanks,

MJS

A:Recover Hard Drive Material

Moving to harware forum for better response.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-hard-drive-material.84942/
Relevancy 75.68%

hello,
i recently formatted my 250gb maxtor slave hard drive by accident. It was formatted using the NTFS file system. It had a lot of important data on it and i would like to retrieve it. Does anyone know of a program that would be able to find and recover my files for free? I have tried PC Inspector file recovery and it doesn't recognise my 250 gb hard drive. I looked for the files using Virtuallab, which found the files alright, although, you have to pay to get your files back... which i don't wanna do .
So if any of you know a program I could download for free that would work, I would greatly appreciate it. Anyways....cheers:
gaz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-hard-drive-data.178757/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I recently got a new laptop computer and i was switching out the hard drives and everything. I thought i had moved all of my photography over to one of my other hard drives, but unknowingly formatted that hard drive. So now i have lost thousands upon thousands of precious photographs and memories.
I have tried a few programs here and there, but it really doesn't seem to be working.
Is there anything i can do? is there anybody that can help me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if i get back just a few of my pictures that would be just fine.
I kind of need to do this within a couple days, i have to return the other computer back, but i can't without getting the data from the other hard drive.
I also do apologize if i put this into the wrong category.
I am also running windows Vista ultimate 32bit.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi.

Earlier today I clean re-installed Windows XP Professional. I backed up alot of useful data on my second hard drive, and proceeded with the reinstallation. Everything went smooth, but when I double clicked my second hard drive in My Computer, it gave the message:

"The disk in drive D is not formatted.

Do you want to format it now?"

If i proceed with this, all the data on that hard drive will be wiped out.

Is there any possible way to recover the date from the hard drive?

A:Is there any way to recover data from this hard drive?!

what File System are you using? ie: Fat32 or NTFS?
Make sure that both hd's have the same file system, otherwise you're going to have to reinstall on the same fs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-any-way-to-recover-data-from-this-hard-drive.2662/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am working on a project with a private investigator, he has a computer that has been confiscated by the attorneys he works for, they wants to hire us to help them gain access to the email account they need to view for information in the investigation. It is a hotmail account; I have no prior experience in doing this but willing to give it a shot. Is there certain software I need to purchase to go through the hard drive to find the information we are looking for? Is there any other way to do this? The account is still active and being used from time to time just on different computers, they have the main computer which most of the activity was done from.

A:Recover Information From Hard Drive

Judging that hotmail is a internet based free mail program, I dont think there is much your going to find on the computer since all of the email is stored on a server that MSN owns. I dont think there are files that are left behind other than cache / cookies or temp files. What exactly is it you are looking for ? unless they saved the emails to the computer I dont think your going to find much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-information-from-hard-drive.455942/
Relevancy 75.68%

The hard drive is made by a company called "BSE Data Storage" 40 gigabyte IDE. When i try to boot to it, it says S.M.A.R.T Command Failed.

Not sure on jumper settings but when i boot to slave (guessing with jumpers although pretty sure it is correct), windows detects the drive in the device manager but no where else.

I want to extract a few imporant files off the hard drive.

The hard drive makes no ticking or scratching noises, other than the normal noise it should make.

This occured when i was trying to install a printer driver, other than that computer ran fine.

Im running Win XP on the computer and the bad hard drive.

Please Help.

Thanks,
Rio

Relevancy 75.68%

One of my hard drives rigged in a RAID 0 configuration crashed. However, through some sort of trickery that took me an entire day to figure out, I SEEM to have recovered the files even though one of the hard drives crashed. What I transferred to a backup hard drive is 9.2 gigs of information--the exact amount of space the old hard drives held before one of them crashed.
The problem is that I can't access this information. On Disk Management, the hard drive shows 9.2 gigs of files, in Computers when I hit the Properties apt, it only shows about 300 megabytes of files.
Is there any way to access the 9.2 Gigs Disk Management shows on the drive?

A:Trying to recover info on hard drive.

What format is the 9.2GB drive in? Is there a drive letter assigned to it?

Is it a primary drive or dymantic drive?

Do you backup the files or the whole drive using image or cloning software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-recover-info-on-hard-drive-630017.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I ve been trying drive. recover files hard from to Trying for days Trying to recover files from hard drive. to rescue my files from my Trying to recover files from hard drive. hard drive and so far this is what I ve tried -Windows is an infinite loop diagnosing and repairing on start up saying it s trying to fix disk Trying to recover files from hard drive. errors -I jump into safe mode but that doesn t help it does the same thing -I open up a cmd from recovery mode the only drives I can access are D E F G H and X but it does detect the C drive -I just can t access it I get a I O error when I just to run commands on that drive -I tried repairing the RMB boot I think that s what it s called That didn t work -I boot into linux and try to force mount the drive but I get an error saying that I need to disable Hybernate fast boot to be able to mount it -Jump back into recovery mode and open up a command prompt and try to run the command quot powercfg h off quot it says powercfg isn t a command -I run the quot Dir quot on quot X Windows System quot but most of the system files are gone along with the one that allows me to run the quot powercfg quot command I ve also tried using a restore point but there aren t any and I ve also tried refreshing the pc but that doesn t seem to be working either I m at a lose and I really just want to rescue my files My last idea was to install windows on an external HDD and try to see if I can rescue my files within windows Any ideas would be really appreciated and I m willing to try anything at this point Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Trying to recover files from hard drive.

It sounds as though the drive has failed. and recovery from it isn't going to be easy. Doe the drive appear in BIOS in the boot order?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-recover-files-from-hard-drive.1153203/
Relevancy 75.68%

I need to get files from a laptop that died on me. It had an IDE hard drive (western digital 400), I have access to an emachines t2042 desktop. What do I need to connect the hard drive to the desktop. I'm clueless so be specific. Thank you.

A:recover files from hard drive

If the desktop is IDE .. and you want to get inside .. maybe this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812203012

This should work with any computer .. with about any HD .. via USB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156102

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-files-from-hard-drive.771548/
Relevancy 75.68%

My hard drive recently crashed, so I went and bought a used one from best buy and have been trying to install it with recovery disk that I receive from HP. It would through the process with the first disk and now all i get is this error: file:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcdstatus: 0x0000185info: the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or has an error.  Can anyone please help me, I have only has this computer for a little over a yr and this is the 4th hard drive. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/recover-disk-with-new-hard-drive/td-p/5656484
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a couple of internal hard drives can I use one of then as a back up drive for another PC? Thanks

A:Using old hard drive as a backup drive

you sure can
if its an IDE HDD (parallel ATA), going into another PC with an IDE HDD interface, hook the HDD on the secondary IDE cable as master (or slave if you already have an Optical Drive on that secondary already). set the jumpers to the correct position on the "backup" HDD according to your planned configuration. its best to have your "backup" HDD on a differant Channel (cable) to your main bootable Operating System HDD >>>>> the read/writes from each HDD to the other are quicker than if both HDDs are on the same cable. (hence SerialATA HDDs overcome that problem)

my setup is:
1. main bootable XPOS HDD on Primary channel by itself. (CS jumper setting on 80 wire cable)
2. Optical drive as master on Secondary channel (CS jumper setting on 80 wire cable)
3. "Backup" HDD as slave on Secondary channel (CS jumper setting on 80 wire cable)

it works quick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-old-hard-drive-as-a-backup-drive.695811/
Relevancy 75.68%

I keep getting an error when I try to use backup with Backup hard Unable to drive Program the Backup Program As far as I can tell there are no Unable to backup hard drive with Backup Program hidden partitions Using the Administrator tools - gt Computer Management - gt Disk Management tool I deleted all the partitions on my external ESATA drive which is Unable to backup hard drive with Backup Program larger than my boot drive Then I recreated two partitions one a G partition and the other uses the rest of the G drive After formatting them I tried to do a backup and received the same error I have done this twice now Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix this I used the external drive dock in USB mode and got the same errors I tried two different external enclosures and still the same errors Error Quote Windows Backup Error A shadow copy could not be created Please check quot VSS quot and quot SPP quot application event logs for more information x F B ED C BEE B CB EA VSS Warning ASR writer Error x x The operation completed successfully Operation PrepareForBackup event Context Execution Context ASR Writer Execution Context Writer Writer Class Id be cbe- fe- - c - aa fc Writer Name ASR Writer Writer Instance ID b aa- f- - b a- e bf b Error-specific details ASR Writer System partition partition marked quot active quot is hidden or contains an unrecognized file system Backup does not support this configuration x D F A D C C A D A D A D D A A C E F C D C E D A E D A E F C D C A D D D VSS Error IVssAsrWriterBackup GetAsrMetadata x System partition partition marked quot active quot is hidden or contains an unrecognized file system Backup does not support this configuration Operation PrepareForBackup event Context Execution Context ASR Writer Execution Context Writer Writer Class Id be cbe- fe- - c - aa fc Writer Name ASR Writer Writer Instance ID b aa- f- - b a- e bf b Error-specific details ASR Writer System partition partition marked quot active quot is hidden or contains an unrecognized file system Backup does not support this configuration x D F A D C C A D A D A D D A A C E F C D C E D A E D A E F C D C A D D D SPP Error ASR Writer System partition partition marked quot active quot is hidden or contains an unrecognized file system Backup does not support this configuration x F F BEB C CAC E C

A:Unable to backup hard drive with Backup Program

That error seems to be referring to your system partition, not your backup destination. Make sure you're logged in as an admin.

Now run an elevated (admiinstrative) command prompt
Start > Cmd > Right Click Cmd.exe > Run as Admin
Type in: sfc / scannow

If you get errors, run that three times.

If that doesn't help you could try a System Repair or Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/78593-unable-backup-hard-drive-backup-program.html
Relevancy 74.82%

On My XP MCE I wanted to print an interesting file and started the CTRL and P When it was taking a very long time to load the data I realized there would be a multitude of pages to print and the only way I could interrupt the process was to power off Upon reboot it kept cycling offering a screen with choices -- Safe Last known normal etc It did not matter which I selected it would cycle and return to that screen Giving up I replaced the HD and now I would like to recover the data I have the failed drive in an external case and when I try to access it I get quot Corrupted file -- cannot access quot The HD with the corrupted file is a WD SATA G Is there software that will allow me to gain access to the data I have the files backed up on another drive but the last back up was two months ago Thank you for considering my question nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

One question for you brilliant people if external hard drive gives and error message it needs to be formated. How do you recover the partition and the stuff on it.

A:Recover from external hard drive needs to be formated

Use A Free Recovery Tool To Recover You Files In That HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259471-recover-external-hard-drive-needs-formated.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I plugged my External hard drive into a mac and it was formatted somehow. (I'm a PC person and perhaps some funtional was activated that i was not aware of). Anyways, what are the procedures to recover the data from the hard drive. I have not touched it since.
please please help.

A:How to recover a hard drive if formattd by mistake

The situation looks pretty bleak, however, there is software out there that can potentially recover your data. You can do a google search on that. But, the best bet, if it's something really important to you, is to send it to experts on data recovery (expensive). Usually, a format will completely wipe everything. Unless it was a quick-format, which I'm not sure Apple software does, the data might have just been marked as deleted but not really. When new information is written down, it'll just overwrite the existing data.

If the data is really important/irreplaceable to you, I wouldn't touch the drive anymore. I'd send it off to data recovery experts to have them look at it and give you a prognosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-a-hard-drive-if-formattd-by-mistake.520284/
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok so my computer has hard drives First one is the C and is used for windows program files ect My second data Recover on unpartitioned hard drive hard drive i use to store my music pictures videos documents etc So i had both hard drives in there running fine and i decided i would reformat the C drive Recover data on unpartitioned hard drive and put windows on it again figuring all the data on the second drive would be fine I was using XP and i put XP on it again but when everything was installed it said that my second hard drive was unformatted So ive tried a bunch of programs to recover the data with no luck I can see that all the data is physicly still on the drive i just think that the partition information or whatever got screwed up somehow My friend told me that i would most likely need to recover the data to another hard drive which shouldnt be too much of a problem i just cant figure out how to do this i am looking at about gigs worth of data i need to recover and the only program i was able to find that would recover the data charged something like a gig and theres no way im paying for my hardrive back If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Recover data on unpartitioned hard drive

"I can see that all the data is physicly still on the drive"
How do you see this?

Try some partition recovery programs:

Partition Repair:

<--(Bootable floppy image)
http://users.adelphia.net/~abraxas/dl/partfix.exe
http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html
http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/testdisk.html

or file recovery:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-data-on-unpartitioned-hard-drive.356471/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a IBM G-IDE hard drive that just died It s making spinning noises After rebooting the computer twice the noise will not go away and now the hard recover Hard to data Need drive: Noisy drive does not come up in the system BIOS All the cables are fine - I tried the HD in the freezer trick hour still nothing - I did a swap of master slave - I tried it on different and other systems - I ve lightly tapped it a few Noisy Hard drive: Need to recover data times I was wondering is there anything else I can try Does the freezer trick have to be longer like hours as someone suggested can that length of time in the freezer cause ANY or even MORE damage How many times can a hard drive be put into a freeze Does Noisy Hard drive: Need to recover data the freezer trick only work if the hard drive is still recognized in the BIOS Can anyone help or suggest any other safe method for accessing Noisy Hard drive: Need to recover data or recovering my data I m not skilled with opening hard drives up swapping parts so that s out to I d like to recover as much data as possible HELP PLEASE nbsp

A:Noisy Hard drive: Need to recover data

Welcome to TechSpot

Have you tried the IBM utilities in the Sticky at the top of this forum?

Surf to http://www.tufftest.com/ and check out their utils. They also have a TuffTest-Lite for free to try. It creates a bootup-floppy which will then disect your system and its components.

Do a search in this forum on IBM Deskstar (or rather Deathstar), to see what others have come up with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noisy-hard-drive-need-to-recover-data.17293/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Guru's,
My systemwas suddenly crashed and I askedone of my company person to helpme in recovering the data on my hard drive and he said that his system is not registering(recognising) my hard drive due to which is he unable to restore the data. he suggested to contact one strore who will chargefrom 2000 to 5000 $ and I don't have that much money to recover my valueble data.
Please help me by telling how to recover my data on my hard drive.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Bobby

A:Want to recover data from crashed hard drive

Hi Bobby and welcome to TSG.

If the hard drive is not getting detected by the computer BIOS at power up, then it is probably beyond any kind of inexpensive do-it-yourself solution.

If the hard drive is detected by the BIOS but Windows cannot access it, you may have a possibility of recovering all or some of its contents. You connect it as a slave drive in a working computer and then use commercial recovery software. Some recovery software that you can download has a free test mode that will test the drive's contents and gives you a report of what it can recover. You then have to pay for the program before it will actually recover the data.

You say your data is valuable but do not want to spend $2000 to get it back. How much are you willing to spend?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-recover-data-from-crashed-hard-drive.755003/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi! New here, quite desperate hope you can help!

I'm basically on 'reinstall not booting Windows XP' duty this week. The problem I have is my father inlaw lost his C.O.A of his tower somewhere between his house, his car and my house, (about 60 miles).

I can't boot from his hard drive, however I can 'browse/access' it. I've tried a couple of 'retrieve windows key' programs, which work...on my P.C! I have my key tho! I tried installing one into his hard drive but kept finding my key. Is there a command from 'DOS prompt' or some other measure I can take to recover his serial key?

Really appreciate any advice,

Thanks

A:Recover serial key from 'not booting' hard drive

Why not just call whoever made the system ie dell, hp, etc? Once you give them the serial number of the system, I would think customer service can give you the install key.

FWIW most big box builders do not use the install key that is on your tower/paperwork, etc; they use an image to load the system using a VLK. So whatever is on the hd is NOT the key you would use for a reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-serial-key-from-not-booting-hard-drive.720861/
Relevancy 74.82%

My mom is after files erasing Can you recover drive? a hard so distraught Here s what happened My nimrod of a dad whom I Can you recover files after erasing a hard drive? love dearly thinks he knows all there is to know about computers including fixing them Really all he knows is how to mess with the settings then he tries to fix whatever he did and makes it worse My mom then calls me and I go and spend a few hours fixing what my dad quot fixed quot in the first place Except this time My mom was out and my dad was trying to quot fix quot one of his mistakes The screen froze on him so he shut it down and started it back up He then decided it would be best to just erase the entire hard drive and start from scratch And no he didn t back ANYTHING Can you recover files after erasing a hard drive? up Both my mom and dad are computer illiterate My mom has no problem admitting this but you ll never hear my dad say it I ve given them things to do on a weekly monthly basis including step by step instructions One of these things is backing up the hard drive They ve Can you recover files after erasing a hard drive? never done it My mom used to but when they got a new computer a couple years ago my dad lost the instructions on how to do it So all of my moms stuff including hundreds of photos is gone my dad just uses the internet and screws up the settings Is there ANY way to recover what was erased or is she just screwed Thanks in advance Keri nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

I am trying to help someone over the phone who has some technical ability with his 2 WIN98 (???SE) PC's. Unfortunately I have not used WIN 98 for a
very long time. His problem is that his Logitech PS2 mouse has stopped working on PC #1. It works on other machines and it appears that the computer's PS2 connector is damaged. Both machines have a single hard drive
(IDE interface).
He needs to recover valuable data on PC #1. (Of cource he has no backup!!). Can he simply remove the hard drive from PC#1 and put it in PC#2 (configured as a slave on IDE1 or a master on IDE2)?
Are there any problems with this solution?
thanks....ralph

A:Move hard drive to recover data

No problems.. If there are multiple partitions on the system drive, then the drive letters may get shifted around, but otherwise everything should Just Work.

Mind you, he could just attach a serial mouse to the broken system..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/move-hard-drive-to-recover-data.62699/
Relevancy 74.82%

Well, my husband installed an addition 100 GB hard drive. It was working just fine, but when I rebooted after windows update, It WOULD NOT boot. It would go to the dell screen, then go blank and say "Strike F1 to retry or F2 to go to boot menu". Finally I had to disconnect the new drive, then change the jumpers on the original drive to master (no slave). FINALLY I got it to boot using the original XP disk I have. I lost everything though. I managed to somehow recover all the old pictures and media I had lost last time it crashed. LOL. Anyway, I need to know how I can go about recovering the pictures and music from the other hard drive.

A:Hard Drive Failed Need To Recover Pictures

Recovery software, if I understand you.Data recovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_recovery Data Recovery Software - Hard Drive Recovery - RAID Data Recovery - http://www.runtime.org/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168580/hard-drive-failed-need-to-recover-pictures/
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently had my laptop motherboard die and need to recover data from the hard drive. The laptop hard drive had windows 7 installed on it. I would like to hook this drive up to my desktop, which has windows XP, and run the laptop drive as a slave. The laptop also has security passwords set so I will need to take control of the drive in order to access any files. Will this work?

I've done this process several times where both drives were running XP and I had no problems but I'm a little concerned it may not work since my primary drive (desktop with XP) is the older of the two operating systems.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

A:Recover data from hard drive (win 7) using desktop with XP?

Hi speedracer993,
Welcome to Seven Forums.

There should be no issues in slaving the drive in an XP machine, you will then be able to access your data.
What do you mean by "The laptop also has security passwords set"??

Regards,
JDobbsy1987

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/163413-recover-data-hard-drive-win-7-using-desktop-xp.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I poured water into my Dell Inspiron N5010. CPU fried; hard drive okay. Had not exported email (Windows Live) contacts. Have connected old drive to new laptop (HP) with SATA cable; can get to everything.

I have found several different answers to where on the drive Windows Live stores contacts. I have tried copying and pasting (overwriting) several such files, hoping to simply move the contacts, but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you!

A:Recover mail, never exported, from old hard drive?

what do you mean by no avail? what error message or you getting? Have you tried taking ownership of the files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recover-mail-never-exported-from-old-hard-drive-671736.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a friends Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I did some diagnostics on the hard drive. The results came back with bad sectors. So I went and purchased a new hard drive for her, reinstalled vista and updated. I plugged the old drive into a USB to SATA Drive adapter. After searching through the drive, there is NO user files whatsoever, not even the user's profile folder within the USERS folder, only the Public folder which is empty. My question is, what are my available options to try and retrieve the files? I'm crossing my fingers in hope that all her personal files are not lost. Maybe next time she will think about backing up.....

A:Corrupt hard drive. Attempting to recover

There's only one possibility that I can think of: Try this ...How to see hidden files in Windows Vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455549/corrupt-hard-drive-attempting-to-recover/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone I m hoping you can help me recover data from my laptop hard drive The machine is a Dell Recover Files Hard Laptop from Drive purchased in the drive is a g seagate IDE The drive has a somewhat recent WinXP SP install The information that Recover Files from Laptop Hard Drive wasn t backed up from the drive is priceless - the drive itself I don t care about Two days ago I performed a windows defrag on my laptop Once completed the system was running extremely slowly - taking seconds to open folders etc I rebooted and encountered the same problem Realizing something was very wrong I attempted to start getting important files off the machine - but it crashed Following that I began getting BSODs They give the error quot Unmountable Boot Volume quot I immediately purchased an external hard drive USB adapter hoping I could save the files and format the drive When I hook my laptop hard drive up to a second laptop running Vista Windows recognizes the drive but can t browse it or anything else and the Vista machine begins to struggle and pause when the drive is connected Vista eventually says that the disk must be formatted before it can be used which of course I don t want to do While connected via USB I tried a couple of data recovery programs PC Inspector File recovery and VirtualLab Both gave NTSC read errors during the process and one of them was eventually able to locate deleted files on the disk - unfortunately I m not looking for any of the files that had already been deleted I put the hard drive back into the original machine and ran chkdsk p from the recovery console It hung at and gave the error quot The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems quot I attempted to run fixboot after that and it gave the error quot the file system on the startup partition is unknown fixboot is attempting to detect the file system type fixboot cannot open the partition quot Currently I m running chkdsk r and it s been at for minutes The drive isn t making any odd noises from what I can tell - it sounds like a normal drive to me I ve located a copy of SpinRite and I hear that may be able to do more for file recovery I ll try that next What else can I do The drive itself is completely unimportant but the files on the drive are quite valuable - including some large video projects that are only backed up at the start and end of the project due to their file size It s my own stupid fault for not backing up the pics of my daughter s birth however - and I m hoping this isn t a lesson learned the hard way Any advice is greatly greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Recover Files from Laptop Hard Drive

you could try this
Create a UBUNTU liveCD
http://www.ubuntu.com/

You can put this into the CD/DVD drive and boot the operating system from the CD
then hopefully
You should see the Harddrive and be able to copy files across to a USB drive
I did this on a PC last wednesday and copied 7.2GB of there important data
hopfully this will work unless the harddrive is really broken

SOMETIME
if you freeze the harddrive - you can copy data off - this has been suggested a few times here and worked - BUT BE VERY careful water and electrics are not good
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/868791-clicking-external-hard-drive-cant.html
http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2006/01/freeze-your-hard-drive-to-recover-data.html
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/761696-solved-need-help-pulling-info.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-files-from-laptop-hard-drive.872967/
Relevancy 74.82%

i have a hard drive that suddenly went corupt. i didnt format it but did have to buy a new hard drive which i needed anyways for more storage and i reinstalled windows 7. when i pluged in the hard drive it comes up as a drive but asked to be formatted before in use. how can i recover my files off it. i have tried to use easeus data recovery wizard but it always stops and takes for every and wont complete. but i know my files are still on the drive.

Its is disk I

A:corrupted hard drive (trying to recover files)

Hello cbwhat, welcome to Seven Forums!

When the Hard Disk Drive is connected does it show up in Windows disk management and if so does it have a drive letter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/167233-corrupted-hard-drive-trying-recover-files.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have two Seagate 7200 hard drives than are no longer recognized by the desktop or by my laptop via a usb/EDI/SATA adapter. These were my backup drives and have all my photos, itunes, and doc files. Rather than speed $1,000 to have the files extracted by a recovery firm I wondered if its possible to remove the storage media from one drive and install it in a new drive box. Say buy a $60 internal drive open it up and remove the disks, take the disks out of the non-working drive and install it in the new internal drive. Is that even possible? Would the circuitry on the new drive even recognize the replacement disks? Would the drives need to be the same GB? Inquiring minds want to know!

A:Can I rebuild a hard drive to recover data

I've heard of people buying the exact same drive (needs to be exact so the PCB is the same) and then swapping those out. I've never heard of people removing the platters and putting in a new drive - I think that would be highly risky if not impossible. Try to find a working drive with the same PCB on ebay, then swap the boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-rebuild-a-hard-drive-to-recover-data.184927/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello We have two computers in my house One day the older computer stopped booting past bios and since we had the other one we didn t care The problem is that we think that it stopped working because of the hard drive When we pluggled the hard drive into my computer it also woulnd t go past bios Now I am not very sure if we installed it right It wouldn t show anything at all if it wasn t installed right correct Anyways The hardrive a WD Cavier Blue - WD BB has tons of pictures of my baby that I would be devastated to lose and since I have no idea how to retrieve those pictures I am here for need files recover Hard drive to not booting, help The hard drive doesn t make any clicking noises which means that it probably doesn t have physical problems I read that somewhere Sooo what do I do Sorry I don t have much information to give I have no idea what kind of information you guys Hard drive not booting, need to recover files need or where to find it I don t have very much knowledge when it comes to hardware so please use quot dummy language quot with me Thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive not booting, need to recover files

I'm sure you didn't mean to write "pluggled", but I think it's great word.
What's the make and model of your computer?
This is a PATA drive, so the jumpers must be set correctly. Slave or Cable select should work if it's on the same channel as the other HD.
Do know if the HD is spinning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-booting-need-to-recover-files.152801/
Relevancy 74.82%

i have a hard drive that has not been used in 3 years due to a Multi-virus attack that made the OS unusable
i want to use a IDE to USB wire to try to recover some files off of it

my question is...
how do i connect a virus filled hard drive to my computer without geting infected by it?

NOTES:
the hard drive was from a computer with a Windows Me OS
my computer is runing on Windows XP Home SP2 and i have Norton SystemWorks installed
i do not know what viruses are on the hard drive

(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but it was the closest thing to my problem i could find)

A:How Do I Recover Files From Bugged Hard Drive

info on how to get bugs off a floppy disk/USB memory stick might help me find a way to fix my problem

anyone know?

the best thing i can think of is to make a non admin user and connect the drive then use norton

EDIT: i tryed my way and it worked...but use bitdefender's online scanner...norton missed some bugs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75917/how-do-i-recover-files-from-bugged-hard-drive/
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop hard drive stopped working, with that so, I had to replace it for a brand new, but now I dont have the operational system cd (windows 7 home premium) to reinstall it, and even if I go to the Microsoft website to download the OS with the serial number that is on a sticker on my laptop, I cant download it, says to contact the HP for support.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Operating-System-recover-for-a-new-Hard-drive/td-p/5648962
Relevancy 74.82%

A friend has a computer that will not start up properly and she has given it to me to try to recover some files that she needs. Although I can't verify it yet I think that she has a virus or something - on start up it trys to connect to the net and when it can't it reboots.

She and I have the same make and model computers running Windows XP Home. My question is this: Can I pull her hard drive out and connect it as a slave on my computer so that I can access the files she needs? It seems like that should work, but I don't want to do something that would compromise my computer.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

I had a problem last week with my system, which I posted in this forum. Turns out one of my hard drives was the culprit.
I have (had) two internal hard drives on my desktop. I removed the faulty one, and my system now runs properly, but I need the data off of that faulty drive. (I need the data added since the last back up.)

I purchased a SATA to USB adapter kit, but of course it isn't that easy. The drive is not showing up in My Computer.

When I go to Disk Management, it is there... but I can't click on it. (Listed as Disk 1 Removable O: in screen cap)

Can anyone tell me (dumb it down, please) how I can recover my data?

(the drive in question is a Seagate that was partitioned into sections.)

thanks in advance

A:how do I recover data from a non responsive hard drive?

Here's the rule of thumb I've seen.

If the partition is seen and appears to be intact, try to recover the files with a file recovery application such as Recuva.

If the partition is not seen and appears to be gone or damaged, try to recover the partition first using a tool such as Partition Wizard. If that is successful, the files may then be visible and not need recovery.

I'm no expert on either application.

In any case, don't write anything new to the drive.

Hook the drive up in the normal manner and determine if you can see the partition. If no, try Partition Wizard. If yes, try Recuva.

Based on your picture, it looks like the partition is not seen.

You say this is an internal drive, so I'm not clear why you are using that cable instead of just connecting the drive internally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334762-how-do-i-recover-data-non-responsive-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 74.82%

A friend of mine's hard drive was damaged so I replaced it and installed Windows XP on the new Hard drive. This was fine and no problem. In an effort to salvage some of his files from damaged hard drive I connected it as slave and windows recognised it with out a problem.

Now the tricky bit! I was able to access "My Documents" on the old HD but when I tried to open his folder(for his profile) I got an "Access denied" message. He then told me that he had a password on his previous windows profile. Since Windows is not booting from this HD and I don't have an option to enter a password, is there a way to access this folder?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi from a new member.
Can anyone help with my son's problem?
His 40g hard drive has failed and is no longer recognised by BIOS. His opsys is Win ME, but I have tried his disk in my Win 98 machine in various combinations of Master and Slave but it never get recoginised (BIOS set to Auto detect). Have also swapped my drive into his machine and it works. But both machines hang at SLAVE not recoginised.
So, is there anyway I and get a machine to run BIOS past the Slave disk hangup and then get inormation off the slave? Or, is it complety hopeless?

Relevancy 74.82%

Okay not really very good at this but my laptop stopped working so I took hd out and connected it to anotherlaptop through usb lead it appears in my disk management (although it shows up grey instead of black or blue if that makes sense to anyone) but it wont show in my computer I have a load od family photos on this drive and would really love some help and will send out good karma to all who try to help me many thanks in advance

A:Trying to recover data from crashed hard drive

Hi techmichellenot. When you say it stopped working,is there anything on the screen when you power up, or any indication that the system passed it's POST procedure (Power On Self Test), usually indicated by a beep before Windows itself tries to boot up?. Any error messages seen?. Sounds like you put the drive in an external case that can connect via USB. If there is indeed a problem with the disk drive and it's not a physical problem with the drive (maybe a corrupted Windows boot file,etc),your system may have a Recovery procedure that will reinstall your OS without erasing your data files (called a non destructive OS reinstall) as opposed to a destructive which erases everything and reinstalls the OS. I would check your documentation to see if your laptop has such a procedure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-recover-data-from-crashed-hard-drive.189487/
Relevancy 74.82%

Help!!!!!!!

This evening I did a very stupid thing. When I plugged in my external hard drive, I got a message saying that I needed to reformat it. Without thinking, I clicked yes and allowed the darn computer to start erasing my data. As soon as I realized what I had idiotically done, I had another lapse of judgment and unplugged the external hard drive in the middle of the process.

Now I have a hard drive that is still 80% full and no way of reaching the data… Anytime I try to open the drive, I get a message saying it’s inaccessible.

Is there any way for me to recover some of the data still on the drive????

Any advice y'all could give would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Relevancy 74.82%

I am using windows ultimate Today I booted the computer and it went to a message that said preparing desktop After windows loaded the normal software was present but my customized links were gone and the default the from Help! Recover drive. missing files hard background was present My files that were in my normal user folders were not present but Help! Recover missing files from the hard drive. were later located in the users username folder I moved some of these folders to the desktop as that is where they had previously done In the users folder there were folders public my username and whatever the new default user was called When I restarted the computer everything came back to normal except the folders of files I had placed on the new desktop I went into the user folder but it only had my current user and the public folders How do I recover the files from the desktop from the random corrupted profile that windows created which I can not manually log into I searched for the files and the last record of them is linked to my user and says the shortcut is not valid I tried a system restore and that did not help at all Thanks Nick

A:Help! Recover missing files from the hard drive.

Welcome to SevenForums NickMc46, give us your system specs and how long has this ultimate version been installed, any hard drive reconfiguration recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192717-help-recover-missing-files-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,I have in my possession a hard drive that the recovery program had been run on, in error. It formatted over hundreds of Word and Excel documents as well as Outlook emails etc. So, I am trying to recover them.I ran PC Inspector File Recovery program and it found hundreds of files, the folders were green in color, meaning the chances of success of recovery were good. I recovered some Word documents. They appear normal, but when I open them they are all encrypted, or at least look like they are. I was offered the opportunity to change the way Word reads them, but none of the settings worked.Then I ran DataRecovery program. It found 37,000 recoverable files. When I recovered an Excel file the icon looked perfectly normal. Here is a screenshot:When I open the file, it looks like this:Any ideas?

A:How Do I Recover Files If The Hard Drive Has Been Formated?

After running into a similar issue myself at onetime, you need to find and obtain the Personal key Certificate you used when you made these encrypted files, and then install it in trusted certificats on your PC to be able to decrypt the files. If you already have that personal key, and the old SID of the machine, you could use a program like NEWSID to recreate the environment - and then decrypt them using the cypher command while logged on as an administrator. I used to have a link to some pages explaining how to do this, but since I back up my keys now - after that one time, I discarded them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52814/how-do-i-recover-files-if-the-hard-drive-has-been-formated/
Relevancy 74.82%

I accidentally reformatted the wrong hard drive, I lost all my information on D. I was wondering if there was any solid method of recovering some if not all of the lost files on that drive. Thank you.

Relevancy 74.82%

On my family s oldest computer a Dell Dimension running Windows XP we have recently gotten an error message that reads as drive files hard Recover from (corrupted?) follows quot WARNING Dell s Disk Monitoring System has detected that drive on the primary EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications It is advisable to immediately back up your Recover files from (corrupted?) hard drive data and replace your hard-disk drive by calling your support desk or Dell Computer Corporation Strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility quot Now it says to back up the files immediately but when I try and start up the computer it takes forever but can get to the User Accounts screen where you choose as whom you want to Recover files from (corrupted?) hard drive log in When you select someone it crashes and reboots In my opinion this computer is so out of date that we should just get rid of it but my dad still thinks there are documents that he wants to save I m trying to just get the files off this machine and stored somewhere on a different network computer or external hard drive on the network but I can t access the files from anywhere I have the recovery console option or safe mode but I have never used either of these so I don t want to mess things up further Any help would be appreciated Thanks PS - If it really is a dud just let me know

A:Recover files from (corrupted?) hard drive

Now I get a blue screen (Can't even get to login page!) that reads
"UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x822E5590,0xC000014F, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I have no idea what any of this means!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454701/recover-files-from-corrupted-hard-drive/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I suppose you get this all the time but I have searched the internet and have only found one method of recovery.

Basically A virus has destroyed my operating system and I need a method of getting the data my laptop's hard drive. I have tried to install a new operating system using Ubuntu however once trying to install it says that there is not enough room on the hard drive which is understandable as it was pretty much full and when I installed ubuntu onto a USB stick It loaded through however I don't know how to access the original hard drive data when it loads through.

I wanted to know whether if there was an external method of taking the data off using another computer. The laptop is a Satellite A210 - 1C0.

Any Information would be great. Thanks.

Relevancy 74.82%

Had to re-format hard drive after using a free utility to clean free space on my hard drive. After cleaning system would not boot, got message "New Technology Loader" missing. Dell techs advised me to re-format hard drive and reinstall OS (XP Pro). Did so and of course lost everything including photos of my now departed mother-in-law. I'm in big trouble if I can't get these photos back! Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Recover photos from re-formatted hard drive

helstonian said:

Had to re-format hard drive after using a free utility to clean free space on my hard drive. After cleaning system would not boot, got message "New Technology Loader" missing. Dell techs advised me to re-format hard drive and reinstall OS (XP Pro). Did so and of course lost everything including photos of my now departed mother-in-law. I'm in big trouble if I can't get these photos back! Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Click to expand...

If it is worth that much to you, might be best to take it in to a pro.

In the meantime, don't use it so as to avoid overwriting the files anymore than they already are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-photos-from-re-formatted-hard-drive.704089/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all!

I have a damaged hard drive from which i can read the file structure and all in Explorer, but i cannot copy files to my healthy drive. On this hd there is very precious mailboxes(dbx, mbx or whatever outlook express uses) i can view the files in Total Commanders Quick View, but not copy them. Please help me! Is there any nice tools for this sort of problems?

A:Recover mail from corrupt hard drive

What kind of error do you get?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-mail-from-corrupt-hard-drive.424493/
Relevancy 74.82%

Can somebody please help My C is a WD BB Western Digital gb I ran Disk Defragmentation and when i finished I ran Scan Disk Scan Disk wanted me to restart first With the Restart it never loaded my XP instead I recieved a message to start up in quot Safe Mode quot or quot Safe Mode With Networklng quot or quot Safe Mode with Comand Prompt quot or quot Solved: data on Recover drive hard Normal Windows quot No matter which one I choose my Computer starts up up to the black screen with the XP logo and blue bar showing progress The next moment it just restarts again I think my partition table is Solved: Recover data on hard drive broken I ve tried fixing the problem by booting with XP cd and restore fix with no success It wants me to format the HDD and re-install XP There is no software tool from hard drive manufacturer that I can find I ve even made a old gb HDD as my C master and installed XP on it then connected my gb HDD as slave to try and recover the data My gb is displayed in explorer and Disk Management but it is not accessable How can I retrieve save my data from that HDD Or how can I fix my HDD I will apreciate all help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all,
Where/What software is the best for recovering data from a crashed hard drive. The drive that crashed was running Win98, but I've got WinXP machines that I can slap that drive into. I don't know much more than that because I have not had a chance to get my hands on the crashed drive, but the data is super important.

Thanks In Advance!!

Jason

A:Recover Crashed Hard Drive Data???

Well it depends on what went wrong with it. IF the drive is totally dead - ie does not spin up then there is no software to recover the data - you would need to replace the circuit board or electronics in the drive. If the heads are continually crashing then the same thing goes. If it just has bad sectors or Windows is messed up then you may be able to just copy the data off or use Spinrite.

There are companies that recover data from dead hard drives but they can charge from several hundred to several thousand for recover. This is where backing up your data comes in - it avoids these problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-crashed-hard-drive-data.186807/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Help: recover and hard data. Repair drive I m from latin america so excuse my bad writing I ll try to be the clearest I can It s about a Hitachi SATA TB hard drive What happened was that I had my CPU laid on one side and opened I had the hard Help: Repair hard drive and recover data. drive laid over the DVD unit Help: Repair hard drive and recover data. compartment because I was trying to fix up another hard drives and had to be continuously connecting and disconnecting Then I accidentally hit the CPU with my foot lifting it a little and getting hit against the floor the PC turned off then I turned it on again but Windows did not started So I Help: Repair hard drive and recover data. set BIOS to start with another hard drive that has Windows too and let the HItachi connected Like this Windows initialized very slow Then I check on quot My PC quot and Windows did not recognized de Hitachi hd I rebooted and checked in BIOS and there the Hitachi was not recognized neither I tried in another PC and with other cables and nothing changes P D -When the PC is turn on the Hitachi HD feels to start but past seconds it stops Sometimes when the PC turns on the Hitcachi starts to beep intermittently with a seconds interval it is not a mechanic sound and after every beep it s heard a little crack from the HD and the HD remains like this until I turn off the PC Remeber this happens SOMETIMES Please guys help me so I could repair the drive and recover my data Cheers and thanx nbsp

A:Help: Repair hard drive and recover data.

It sounds like you're done with that drive. I guess you will need to use your backups.

Recovery services can almost certainly get the data back, but they can cost into the $1000's.

The hard drive in your computer is in one of two states right now. It's
either going to fail or it already failed. Hard drives are inherently
fragile things with no built in redundancy.
-Chris PirilloClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-repair-hard-drive-and-recover-data.1026212/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Guys, (new member)

A couple of months ago a virus came and wiped ou my HD, got the blue screen and said couldn't find the drive. So I couldn't re-install XP, could not do anything. Dell came and exchanged the HD.
Now I still have the old one with a LOT of documents on it that I lost. I can't afford to go to have it retrieved with some techie so I'm wondering:
Any ways I can do a virus sweep from DOS? And try to recover my HD? Even if I lose all the data can I recover my HD to use it as a 2nd drive?
thank you,

Relevancy 74.82%

I am trying to recover data from a laptop hard drive I have removed from a clients Vista based laptop. The system board appears to be bad, but the hard disk appears to be ok. I am using a SATA to USB adapter to look at the hardrive using another computer (running Windows 7) .
There is an icon with a lock on a couple of the directories. One being the Documents and Settings directory. I can't see files in the directory. I have taken ownership of the directory and I see a subdirectory with my name , as if a subdirectory was created because my computer took ownership , but I don't see other files.
How do I recover the data ?
Thanks

A:Reading Hard Drive to recover data

Welcome
From reading your post, it appears that you are trying to recover the stuff that is on the HD, documents, pics etc.
I think you may want to start with this software. Download and look around. Your stuff may be able to be viewed.
I think going into doucments and settings will lead to a dead end.
Documents and Settings in Vista and Windows 7 - 4sysops

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288459-reading-hard-drive-recover-data.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Is it possible to recover data from corrupted hard-drive?

A:Recover Data From Corrupt Hard-Drive

Sometimes, yes

Depends on the corruption cause as to mechanical or electronic.
If the data is critical, then there are data recovery companies specialising in that field, but they are not cheap. Think in figures around $1,000 or so

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-data-from-corrupt-hard-drive.768232/