Windows Support Forum

SSD randomly stops working... but there aren't any black flags...

Q: SSD randomly stops working... but there aren't any black flags...

hey put this machine together just over a year ago upgrading bits and bobs every few months yesterday afternoon I got my second bluescreen the first was a result of updater being poop something about a repage error I tried to reboot the SSD wasn t detected but working... black any SSD aren't there flags... stops randomly windows tried to boot from the old install on the Blue which SSD randomly stops working... but there aren't any black flags... was the first drive in this PC removed the Blue booted successfully from the SSD assumed fault was with the Blue two hours later PC crashed again the SSD wasn t detected Hard Reset PSU off seconds holding power button and the SSD install booted fine started to run tests in between crashes Prime - half hour - no crash - temps below C Heaven - fifteen minutes - temp below C - no crash PC mark vantage - one run - no crash HD Tune - all benches that don t require a blank drive and the health check - no errors - SSD speeds in excess of anand s benches of the M installed Ubuntu on the Black removed the SSD ran stable for two odd hours longer than windows has on the SSD swapped cables between the drives no change - windows crashes so it looks like the problem is the SSD not the mobo but I don t know what s causing I see two options - reformat the SSD and reinstall windows and hope - RMA the SSD in the mean time run windows from the HDDs EDIT where did my line breaks go nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: SSD randomly stops working... but there aren't any black flags...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: SSD randomly stops working... but there aren't any black flags...

Since this is an SSD a firmware update may help you: http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx
Sometimes an SSD just needs a firmware update to restore it, my OCZ loved the destructive firmware updates, solved their random disappearing act and improved performance.

FYI, to start a new line simply press Enter, do not use slashes. Also the text automatically wraps to a new line once you reach the end of the line you are on so no need to manually add them unless you want too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssd-randomly-stops-working-but-there-arent-any-black-flags.1060910/
Relevancy 70.09%

So recently the sound on my desktop and my laptop has stopped working For seemingly no reason I really don't understand it I first noticed it with my desktop The sound just randomly stopped Sound Randomly Desktop and on Laptop Stops Working Working and working But not entirely It's really strange Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working and complicated what's been happening so bare with me while I try to explain it as best I can PC First time sound stopped working on PC Restarted computer sound came back no issues Second time I woke up to find VLC frozen Sound wasn't working I restarted VLC No sound Found out that there was no sound on the computer at all When I'd try to increase the volume on VLC it would only change within an interval of ten percent So it was at percent initially Would not let me go below but not above Sound didn't work anyway Restarted sound returned VLC working fine Third time I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition Sound worked fine using my headset Turtle Beach Went to speakers to lay down and watch some shows on VLC No sound on speakers Switched to Turtle Beach again sound returned Restarted VLC now suddenly no sound on VLC OR speakers Had to restart computer no issues after restart Laptop First time sound stopped working used the quot disable audio and reenable audio driver quot didn't solve anything Restarted sound came back Sound stopped working again same day restarted sound came back The next time I restarted the audio driver Realtek and then I shut down Explorer and then restarted explorer via the task manager Audio started working again Did same steps today sound not working Will have to of course restart my laptop One thing I noticed If there is something currently playing the sound won't go out for it even if sound goes out elsewhere So I had VLC running constantly and I could hear the sound from VLC while suddenly the sounds from everything else on the computer stopped working However once I restarted VLC sound stopped Only until restarting the computer or waiting for it to work again does the sound come back Other Info I find it weird that this is something happening to both my desktop and laptop at the same time I did a malware bytes sweep of my desktop found nothing Drivers are up-to-date My desktop is custom built I can't remember the MOBO right now but it's only a couple years old The laptop is about or years old at this point The computer seems to recognize that speakers are hooked up but when I would try and do tests it would say it cant' do sound tests So it HAS to be a driver problem it seems and not a MOBO issue Especially since my desktop the sound comes via USB

A:Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working

Update: I'm not at home to test my PC, but I think I discovered the issue. It seems to possibly be a glitch or something with flash player.

After watching an episode of Daily Show on Hulu, I went back to Tumblr and saw that a video didn't have sound, and then all sound on my computer was suddenly gone. I then tried something out, and shut down flashplayer. That temporarily brought sound back.

But it quickly went away.

Then I shut down Firefox and flash player entirely, and sound comes back even when Flash Player comes up.

What could cause this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355109-sound-laptop-desktop-randomly-stops-working-working.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm using Vista, 32-Bit. Audio is Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 211, Version 4.36
HP Pavilion dv6700

When I updated my Conexant audio to 4.36, I had to reboot my laptop. The audio was working for a while, after then it randomly stopped working. I had this problem 1 month ago or so. The audio was not muted, it was enabled and it said it had no problems. I don't really know whats happening.

Any suggestions?

A:Sound Randomly Stops Working

Roll back to the previous driver. Go to device manager,sound,conexant.Right click and go to properties. You will see the option there.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/283696-sound-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Just made a new build about 3-4 weeks ago and randomly sound does not work on most sites like myspace, youtube, or any other sites that use sound/music. i believe everything else works fine like the games i play but just those kinds of sites will not work.

specs : Asus P5KC mobo
intel core 2duo 2.66 ghz
2bg ocz ram
320 gb hardrive
sony optical dvd cd drive
it has a onboard sound card
500 wat antec basiq power supply

and i have noticed when i try to play videos on youtube, the video starts with no sound of course, and then stops at the 2 second mark.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-sound-stops-working.671937/
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok guys i reinstalled my windows vista home preminum from scratch and i still have the problem where my internet stops working randomly I tried many things most of the things people have said on numerous forums My bro uses the exact same laptop but his internet is fine I tried to follow the event viewrs and changed many settings but to no avail But stops working randomly Internet the internet drosp r less frequent after i reinstalled windows probably because there r less programs to interfer First i used to think that suddenly the computer stops reading my network card but thats not true coz when my internet stops Internet stops working randomly the icons sometimes somtimes says there r no available networks but i can still see my network adaptor in device manager it is not veiwable unless i swithc it on this means that the adpator is connected but the internet is not working Sometimes it just shows limited connectivity so i log off my network and when i try to log in it doesnt i have to switch it off and on again This problem usually happens when e g msn messenger or my voip software get stuck When they get stuck it knocks out the internet or maybe the internet knocks these out lol not sure plz plz help me two things i havent tried updating firmware of the router but most people say it doesnt work and the exact same laptop Internet stops working randomly my bro has and its working fine on our network I also havent tried deleting the drivers completely and reinstalling the network adaptor s driver from its manufacteres site they say its a possibility that the drivers the company gave Internet stops working randomly were corrupt but until i try this u got any solutions i havent updated windows yet coz i thught that might coz the porblem but there is something elseeee plz plz pl zplz pzl help nbsp

A:Internet stops working randomly

hi uch

when you said you reinstalled vista from scratch, did you mean that you formatted your HD and then installed the OS or did you just reinstall Vista without a format? Also, have you tried checking for viruses when you "tried most things"? Go through the 8-step virus removal tool here ... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html .... Does your brother use the computer you're using or is it the same type of computer but separate computers?

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-stops-working-randomly.125156/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm not real sure what brings it on but every once in a while the right click button will just completely stop working altogether while I'm browsing IE7. I'm using a Dell m1330 laptop with a Logitech VX Revolution USB mouse. Sometimes when it happens the right click stops working everywhere else like on the main desktop as well. Sometimes I can fix it by just closing out IE7. Sometimes I have to close out everything I have currently running. Sometimes I just have to reboot. Anyone else having troubles in Vista where your mouse buttons just stop working? Any fixes for the issue?

Relevancy 67.94%

Ok so i Randomly Vista working stops got my Computer back around Christmas time and about two weeks after Vista Randomly stops working that i noticed that after a certain amount of time the Copy and paste stops working Whenever i highlight something and left click nothing happens Then tabs stop working Whenever i try to open a new tab it blinks then closes On top of that whenever i try and do something it just doesn't work Its like everything stops working I cant open new windows because they appear as blank pages I cant open quot Control panel quot or anything and most of all i cant restart because when i click the little arrow that brings up quot Restart quot on the task bar it doesn't bring up anything Basically what im saying is -Cant copy or paste -Cant open new tabs -Cant open new windows -Cant open Control Panel or My computer So what i have to do is manually shut down the computer and then about hours or so later it happens again Also my computer is fully protected and Ive scanned my system with many virus scan programs like Mcafee and it doesn't pick UP ANYTHING Does anybody know whats wrong This is just a really really weird problem Its like i cant do anything at all when it happens Specs Video card ATI radeon XT CPU Intel Core Duo E ghz Ram gb Can somebody please help me

A:Vista Randomly stops working

Quote:

Originally Posted by XileLord

Ok so i got my Computer back around Christmas time. . . whenever i try and do something it just doesn't work. Its like everything stops working. I cant open new windows because they appear as blank pages. I cant open "Control panel" or anything and most of all i cant restart because when i click the little arrow that brings up "Restart" on the task bar it doesn't bring up anything. ..."

Hi. . .

First off, you say "got my computer back.." - where was it? If repairs took place, please provide details.

Re: the other listed items of non-performance, have you tried to log onto another user acount to see if the symptoms are the same? Is the accont that you use an admin account?

regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-randomly-stops-working-216761.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I working key games S randomly stops in don t know if this is the right section but I don t know where the problem lies It could be a game issue as it s not happened on desktop it could be hardware but I doubt it Any game any time the S key will randomly stop working Any gamers will know the S key usually means backwards in some form or another or brake It will S key randomly stops working in games just stop working and will only work when I exit the game and re-load it Obviously this is annoying and some S key randomly stops working in games games you can t save when you like S key randomly stops working in games and some take ages to load on this vintage thing anyway Any idea what it is I ran ad-aware about days ago this problem I noticed once about a week and a bit ago and it s just done it three times on me tonight Keyboard is PS and is plugged directly into the PS on the motherboard no USB adaptor or anything Specs of computer in question are above on the little button next to my name Thanks Jack nbsp

A:S key randomly stops working in games

Anyone? Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-key-randomly-stops-working-in-games.619324/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, On my Travelmate B115 (that I've barely used at all), the touchpad randomly stops working. If I deactivate it and activate it (Fn+F7 twice) it starts working again, but I have to do that once every two minutes, and it's really annoying. Sometimes it also is very slow or imprecise in its movements, and it seems sometimes that it clicks without my wanting it to (it could be that I'm grazing the pad without noticing sometimes, but I'm really writing "in the air" with only my fingers touching the computer's keys now to avoid it, and it still happens).I am extremely frustrated since this laptop is brand new. Can anyone help me?Elisabeth

A:Touchpad randomly stops working

Exactly the same problem. Just emailed Acer and told me to reset the laptop. I did it and the same problem. Now, directly they don't answer my email.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Touchpad-randomly-stops-working/td-p/382262/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

My acer (aspier v5 171 Series) (windows 8) has been working smoothly for 1 year now, but since couple of days the sound would go off if something is not being played for sometime. then I need to restart to get it back...initially I though it happens after I lock the laptop but today it went off even without locking.

all the sound icons like speaker icon, volume bar is functional but with no sound.

any pointers?

A:Sound stops working randomly

There is a Windows 8 forum. Since this is an issue with a Windows 8 system may be better to post there.
Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/337892-sound-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 67.94%

the camera light will will turn off and back on and the image on skype would freeze. so i turn the video off and when i try and turn it back on it would say cant start video try closing other programs that may be using your video. but nothing is open. BTW, its a built in webcam

A:Webcam randomly stops working

http://community.skype.com/t5/Idea-garage/How-to-Find-Program-That-Has-Cam-Opened/td-p/482745

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-randomly-stops-working.1074687/
Relevancy 67.94%

So I've had this issue for a while where a few times a day ( probably like 20 times while I'm on the computer) my internet suddenly stops working for a little while. Im connected to my modem via a cable, and at first I thought the problem was with my computer, but I learned that this also happens to my brother, who is also connected to the modem. The weird thing is that it doesnt happen to both of us at the same time, so its like the internet is crashing. Is it safe to assume that the problem is with the modem? Would it get fixed if I replace it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second.1170987/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi
I've bought a set of new speakers for listening to music on my PC. However they stop playing randomly after a while. If I then go to the Device-manager and rightclick on the speakers (which is set as the default Device for sound) and do the test it works again for a while, whereupon the pattern repeats again.
First I used The built-in Realtek HD audio on my ASUS MB, and then I installed a Creative SB Audigy 2CZ sound card to see if it had anything to do with the Realtek-setup, but the patterne is the same.
Before I bought the speakers I uset my Headphones and never experienced these kind of problems.
Any help to get on with this would be appreciated.

A:Sound stops working randomly after a while

First, if you installed a separate sound card, you must disable the on-board (RealTek) in the BIOS or they can conflict, and could even possibly cause the problem you are having.

Second, your "sound card", as listed in your specs is NOT the NVIDIA High Definition Audio, that is ONLY for HDMI audio.
Your sound card would be the SoundBlaster Audigy, if its still installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/345612-sound-stops-working-randomly-after-while.html
Relevancy 67.94%

For the past few weeks, my mouse randomly stops working whether it be 5 minutes into turning on my computer or an hour or so. The only fix is to restart my computer and it'll start working again until it freezes. I thought it was a mouse problem so I tried replacing my mouse but it did the same thing. Next I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers of the mouse and it still didn't work. I even tried to update the drivers but nothing seems to work. I feel somewhat at a loss and I feel like just getting a new computer altogether but money is an issue..Does anyone have any help or advice for this issue? Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566187/mouse-randomly-stops-working/
Relevancy 67.94%

Ive recently bought me this laptop 5 days ago. Everything works fine on it other then when im typing the keyboard stops working and its like the computer is freezing. So i can type a few letters and then I have to wait for a few seconds for the keyboard to start working again.WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? Do I need to take it back to where I got it from?Or can I do something in my settings to stop it.  Tu (:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-stops-working-randomly/td-p/5637842
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, On my Travelmate B115 (that I've barely used at all), the touchpad randomly stops working. If I deactivate it and activate it (Fn+F7 twice) it starts working again, but I have to do that once every two minutes, and it's really annoying. Sometimes it also is very slow or imprecise in its movements, and it seems sometimes that it clicks without my wanting it to (it could be that I'm grazing the pad without noticing sometimes, but I'm really writing "in the air" with only my fingers touching the computer's keys now to avoid it, and it still happens).I am extremely frustrated since this laptop is brand new. Can anyone help me?Elisabeth

A:Touchpad randomly stops working

Exactly the same problem. Just emailed Acer and told me to reset the laptop. I did it and the same problem. Now, directly they don't answer my email.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Touchpad-randomly-stops-working/td-p/382262
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys.

I have never had this problem before so I don't know what to do.

While on my laptop my touchpad will randomly stop moving. I can still zoom in and out by pinching, I can right click and left click, but I cannot move the pointer . As soon as I plug in my mouse, the touchpad works again. I can unplug the mouse and it will still work for a few minutes then the problem will happen again.

I'm running windows 7 64bit,

I also have not installed anything recently.

A:Touchpad randomly stops working.

See if reinstalling the touchpad driver from the laptop's manufacturer's website helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/touchpad-randomly-stops-working-711857.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So i have windows ultimate 32 bit, and i noticed this problem. My keyboard randomly, doesnt matter what im doing, stops working. All i hear is a beep and then the keyboard is frozen. Sometimes i can go into on-screen keyboard and press a few buttons and my keyboard will unfreeze, but sometimes i have to restart or put the computer to sleep so it unfreezes. It's highly annoying, because sometimes it freezes after a few key presses, but sometimes it works no-problem. I tried a different keyboard (mine is ps/2), i tried removing drivers and reinstalling them, but nothing seems to work. So anybody, help? Thanks.

A:Keyboard randomly stops working

Hello Jay and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

I understand that you already tried a different keyboard on your computer, but did you also try using the problem keyboard on a different computer? Have you tried using a different USB port? I found this previous Forum thread that has some additional suggestions. (Even though it talks about a mouse and keyboard issue, the suggestions are still valid for any USB device.)

Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300215-keyboard-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Audio will be fine for a few minutes after booting but then will randomly cut off and not work at all? Even through headphones? It's been doing this for day's now can someone please help me?

A:Audio randomly stops working

I am having the same problem. Ever since Windows 10 update, headphone/earbud audio goes out after my computer wakes up after sleep mode. All drivers are up to date. Must restart computer to regain audio through headphone/earbud. Can anyone help me with a fix?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-randomly-stops-working/td-p/5198420
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a 1/2-Tb drive using a USB 3.0 connection to my computer. Over the last three or four months, the connection will stop working in more-or-less random times. I can turn off the power to the drive, wait for about a minute, turn power back on and restart the computer, and that will get the connection back. I'm worried about this "fix" not working one of these times and me losing the use of the drive. Anyone have a clue on how to fix?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73794-usb-3-0-connection-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 on a (partly) new Desktop. Sometimes suddenly internet gets really slow and stops working.
All other devices in my house (ipad, labtop (XP), phones) have no problems at all. This should suggest it's a problem of my PC but:
Connecting to the WiFi of my neighboor solves the problem!
Must be a problem of my PC and rooter together....

Update's i did to trie and solve the problem:
Update firmware rooter (D-Link 655 mixed WiFi)
Update drivers Wireless PCI card
Update AVG antivirus

From a tread in this forum i tried a static IP but didn't work.

Any suggestions?

A:Internet stops working randomly

phamersma,
Welcome to the forums. Have a look here.

Network

Just wanted to add, sometimes antivirus plays in this. Have you considered MSE?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288245-internet-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I bought a brand new laptop from Dell.  The touchpad kept crashing (it won't respond to taps and sometimes stops scrolling, but the right and left click continue to work).  After several months of calling tech support, having the laptop serviced remotely, and sending it in twice for repairs, all without success, Dell sent me a new computer.  After only four days, the same thing is now happening with the new one.  Now Dell says that means the problem is on my end.
I haven't downloaded any new programs, everything is up-to-date, and when I check the touchpad settings, it shows everything as being enabled.  The touchpad stops working randomly, on different websites and in different programs.  I never had this problem on any previous Dell laptops.  I can't think what I might be doing to cause this issue.  Any help would be appreciated. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996088
Relevancy 67.94%

So I built my own computer. I have 4 usb ports in the rear, and 2 at the top. I plug the mouse and keyboard into the top, the printer, and the wireless usb adaptor into the rear.

Whatever is plugged into the rear will sometimes stop working. I had the mouse plugged in there, and twice last night, it totally lost its signal. At first I thought it was maybe a bad mouse, but it did it in two different rear ports, and the wireless usb adaptor also lost it's signal this morning.

What can cause something like this, and short of having to return the board and get a new one, what would I do?

Relevancy 67.94%

I've already been on a bunch of other keyboard randomly stops working threads relating keyboard randomly stops working to this issue and I'm really starting to panic My laptop is a HP running Windows I don't know how old it is it was my brother's before he upgraded keyboard randomly stops working and gave it to me Recently as in a couple days ago my keyboard would randomly start cutting out all keys refusing to work My mouse would still function fine but it's a USB mouse since the trackpad stopped working about a year ago On the first day I restarted it and it worked for the rest of the day On the second day it happened again after the first restart but worked for the rest of the day on the second restart On the third day I restarted after uninstalling keyboard drivers Windows automatically reinstalled when it came back on and it worked the rest of the day HOWEVER today the fourth day it stopped working very quickly and I had to restart again trying the driver fix again It always crashes at some point after I log in so it's never prevented me from typing in my password to log in or anything Restarting has been working as a temporary fix every time but only temporary I have no idea what to do and have no access to a USB keyboard right now

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/394be673-7738-4e7a-820a-b8af305e5834/keyboard-randomly-stops-working?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Lenovo x130 with 3 USB ports on it. My USB mouse will work but inconsistently. I swapped with another and had the same issue after some time. Touchpad works fine. Also, all 3 ports will recognize my flash drive. Anyways I went into device manager and devices and printers and found no conflicts. Went ahead and checked for driver updates. Check bios to confirm USB ports were on. I would venture to say this May be a chipset/USB driver issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:USB mouse randomly stops working

I had a similar problem....I use Firefox, and found that one of the add ons wasn't playing nice with the others....i disabled all of them and reintroduced them one at a time. The 'Logitech smooth scrolling" was the culprit in my case.
If this had not worked, I would have reset the browser.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

This will at least eliminate the possibility.
Watch your 'hard drive light'....is there hard drive activity occurring when the mouse stops moving?   this would indicate some service/process working somewhere that is taking the focus away from your mouse.

Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532127/usb-mouse-randomly-stops-working/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi thelastbonbona,

It may not be an issue with the keyboard at all. You may try using a good-known keyboard with the system, if available; will help you to isolate the keyboard as the possible root cause. Alternatively, you may use this keyboard with another system to see if the issue duplicates.

If no extra computer/keyboard is available, you may check the 'keyboard/system' performance in 'Safe mode'. It is a diagnostic mode and may help us isolate if a 'program' is causing interference.

Do reply with the findings; will take it forward from there.

A:Keyboard randomly stops working.

Which model of the keyboard is it ? have you downloaded and installed their driver for it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280431-keyboard-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My internet connection is usually fine and all my roomates dont have any issues with it. However, for about the last month or two, about once a day, my computer stops connecting to the internet. I do not know why and I am pretty possitive it has something to do with computer setting on my laptop, not the internet conection becasue I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the modem, but still no connection. Of course, when I restart my computer, the internet then works fine.

If anyone one knows how I can fix this, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-stops-working-randomly-447702.html
Relevancy 67.08%

For about a week now the keyboard has just stopped working randomly several randomly stops Yoga Pro working 2 Keyboard times Yoga 2 Pro Keyboard randomly stops working a day and without any pattern that I can see nbsp nbsp Although the PS keyboard keys stop working the virtual keyboard still works and so does the touch pad mouse In order to get the keyboard functioning again I have to restart nbsp nbsp Windows has been installed and working for almost a year of course with the usual adjustments required after upgrading from Windows I have Bitdefender Total Security and the system is fully updated and patched nbsp I have followed all the instructions solutions I can find on different forums These include nbsp virus scansScannowupdating reinstalling the driverschecked Bios version is up to datechanged Ease of Access keyboard settingstried windows plus spacetried task managertried Windows trouble shootermade a reliability scan this showed several errors labelled Microsoft Messaging wekyb d bbwe ppleae af e f a ac a a c It is apparently linked to Skype Host The issue is unresolved it is only midday nbsp and it has already happened twice today nbsp I see there is a similar post on a forum for Yoga users but the solution there appears to have been an update for the Yoga system nbsp nbsp If anyone has any other ideas I'd be very grateful I have spent ages trying to track down a solution nbsp Thanks nbsp Sek nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Keyboard-randomly-stops-working/td-p/3354538
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Everyone I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me with this issue as I have tried everything I can think of and it still happens Whenever I'm playing any sort of full screen game Read as Counter Strike BF Shogun Etc after about - mins I usually experience full sound loss The game continues Audio 7, Stops Windows Randomly Working to run fine but it is if someone hit the mute button for it and I have no way to re-enable the sound unless I exit and restart Windows 7, Audio Randomly Stops Working the game Now while this is happening if I tab out and view my sound mixer and drivers everything is functioning fine as well as everything on my desktop screen has sound I can browse to youtube while the issue is Windows 7, Audio Randomly Stops Working occurring and play a song and it will play fine if I'm in Skype with my friends talking that continues to work fine It is always just the game I am playing I have recently also purchased a new analog sound headset and the issue is still occurring I used to have a USB Headset that was experiencing the same issue I have restarted my computer multiple times everything is up-to-date according to Windows Update and yet the issue still exists Any further insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7, Audio Randomly Stops Working

My girlfriend HP probook experiences the same issue. All I can say is to update your audio drivers from the manufactures of your machine website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-audio-randomly-stops-working-636806.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I m not sure if this is the right forum cause i m not sure what my problem is I recently built a new computer and everything works fine except for the internet As the title says at random times my internet stops working for a second or two and comes back after another second it s not really a problem when I m just browsing the internet but when I m playing a game of Team Fortress randomly stops working a few for seconds. Internet it s hard to get into it knowing that the freeze is coming I called my isp and they said it was the network card so i bought a new one and the problem is still there I ve tried changing my Internet randomly stops working for a few seconds. ethernet wire Internet randomly stops working for a few seconds. opening ports resetting the modem changing network cards and tried all different drivers and nothing seems to help While running a ping test with cmdprompt it seems like i always Internet randomly stops working for a few seconds. get general failures out of attempts Any other information that anyone needs I will provide I m running vista ultimate The network card i m currently using is Rosewill RC- -EX If you need the rest of my system specs let me know Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

a few weeks ago my mousepad stopped working so i got a wireless mouse out and started to use that. well my finger hit the mousepad a few minutes later and it started to work. it always happens when i turn my computer on and after a few minutes itll happen. even right now it wasnt working until i tried it again and it worked perfectly. can anyone help?

A:mouse on laptop stops working randomly

See if updated drivers available for your mousepad.

Mousepad may need replacement.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-on-laptop-stops-working-randomly-524944.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay well this happened like 2-3 weeks ago, i have an extremely annoying problem.. The sound of my computer would randomly stop working for some reason.. Not only that, but when i watch youtube the video or any video it won't load and it would literally pause or freeze.

To fix this i would have to disconnect/reconnect my headset or disable/enable my headset through the sound control panel; when i do this, it seems to fix everything, as the sound would come back and the videos would load back up and work normally again, but in 20min or 1hour the same problem would occur again and i would have to do the same process over and over again... Anyone has a solution for this weird phenomenon?

My OS is windows 8.1
And my headset is a Logitech H540

A:Sound/Audio randomly stops working?

That's USB headphones, right ? Maybe your USB controller goes to "sleep" or headphones' driver itself. Change those power saving settings and see.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/47995-sound-audio-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am on a wired connection on windows So basically all of my computers Internet except for Skype will drop for Internet stops Skype working other All than randomly about minutes Then it will come back and any where from to minutes later it will drop Sooo I have no idea what's wrong The little Internet connection symbol in the bottom right corner of my screen says the Internet is working but steam can't connect and neither can All Internet other than Skype stops working randomly Opera or Internet Explorer I tried pinging to Google from CMD and every reply timed out and I got packet loss but I didn't think to save a txt of it Once it came back up I pinged again and got MS response time and packet loss I don't believe it's an ISP problem because there are other computers in this house and none of them have this problem Also I don't think that Skype is the problem because it has happened when Skype wasn't open I don't have any viruses or infections as far as I know- I've ran multiple tools with all of them coming up with clean results The tools were Malwarebytes Avast Spybot Search and Destroy My DNS was set to 'Obtain Automatically' so I tried changing my DNS to google but the problem has remained the same as I've lost connection twice for multiple minutes in the past hour If there is a different section for these kinds of questions I am sorry as I couldn't seem to find a section for my problem But does anyone have any bright ideas

A:All Internet other than Skype stops working randomly

HI contraplex, welcome to eightforums A few questions.
How old is your current install?
Is your installation current with all the windows updates?

Let me know and we'll go from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335973-all-internet-other-than-skype-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I am experiencing some problems not with the actual mouse but with the system or something This error recently started occurring where the mouse will not Mouse randomly working/responding. stops allow me to close out of windows or click Mouse randomly stops working/responding. inside of them Generally this starts occurring when I start playing World of Warcraft but it's not limited to this only It's happened when I wasn't playing or when I am just chatting on Skype or even not at the computer It's not a virus or anything malicious as I'm pretty competent with that sort of thing but I cannot figure this issue out I've also checked the sleep and power options both are fine It just stops working for - seconds and I have to Mouse randomly stops working/responding. ctrl alt delete to fix the issue momentarily My computer is a Windows X -bit OS Asus Notebook G Series The mouse is a Razer DeathAdder DPI EDIT The touch pad also will not work during this quot phase quot of unresponsiveness from the mouse When I say it will not work I mean that it will not click as well but it will move responsively as the mouse will Thank you

A:Mouse randomly stops working/responding.

Welcome
Go to device manager check mouse drivers
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full and updated scan with malwarebytes
Test with a clean boot.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Go back to good times with system restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/149610-mouse-randomly-stops-working-responding.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I don t know when or why this started happening but it was recently at least once or twice everyday my internet explorer and all other programs that require online access in some way stop connecting to the Internet My connection is fine with all bars My netflix stops Explorer randomly 9 Internet working on my xbox live works Internet Explorer 9 randomly stops working absolutely fine my Girlfriends PC can even connect to the internet perfectly but during these - minute periods my PC s software simply wont connect its like my pc will connect to the internet but the internet wont connect to my programs even if i restart my laptop It s very frustrating because i do online classes for devry and i can be right in the middle of posting then when i go to a new page the new page will not load and then ill have to wait and restart my session I have windows internet explorer and a Dell studio laptop but i really dont think its the hardware any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I periodically have to reinstall the Fingerprint drivers to get the reader to be recognized & WORK. This time when trying to get the diagnostics, I get : ? Yes, but it's not in my Add/Remove options :  ? Then I get this:?  It's all a big black box with no,user visible, physical dialog.  I never know when an update/install is finished or locked. Waste more time waiting, not knowing if the task completed.  Yes, I can find out using rigmarole procedures that I SHOULD NOT have to do on a WORKSTATION.  I waste more time cajoling this system, then doing actual work. Question:  Anyone else have intermittent issues with the Figerprint Reader on a W540 using the latest Win 10??

A:Fingerprint Reader Randomly Stops Working on a W5...

Still trying to solve the Fingerpring Reader failure.  This time, even after reinstalling the reader, I see nothing.  No reader, or activity. Trying the Solution Center, all I see - stalled - just sits and stares at me: ? No activity notes, the logo just stays there, no [X] to close.  I have to do the Win command Alt-F4, and it closes but I have no idea if something is being written when closing.  Rebooted, checked the disk, tried again, same thing, just a pretty logo and a fingerprint reader that no longer works. Event Viewer tells me [Service Control Manager] event id 7000 error.  The error link to MS, just takes me to an infantile MS page telling me how great the Surface Pro 4 is.... no help screen as in the past. Note that I wasted more time testing  for Malware or Virus. System is clean, everything else works fine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Fingerprint-Reader-Randomly-Stops-Working-on-a-W540-Win-10/td-p/3331134
Relevancy 67.08%

The title really says it all. Sometimes if I plug in a keyboard, it will work for a while and then just stop. I've checked the keyboards in other comps and they work fine. My mobo is an ECS Black P45T-AD3. The rest of my specs are filled in below. Any ideas?

A:Keyboard PS/2 port randomly stops working

Well, no rush on this as I have a wireless keyboard that is working for now...plus, there is always the on-screen keyboard. It's just really bugging me that I can't figure out why the PS/2 port would short out like that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59067-keyboard-ps-2-port-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm having a bit of trouble regarding my external hard drive not sure if it's failing or not I've had it about years now use it every day and as of a couple months back it's started acting up on me I 1TB working external until Seagate randomly reboot stops always have it connected to the USB slots on the back of my tower It's compatible and I switch which port it's in on occasion along with taking it to other places The drive itself is a Seagate Seagate external 1TB randomly stops working until reboot Backup Plus TB drive for Windows and I completely formatted it a month ago to see if it would fix my problems It didn't Alright onto the problem At random points in time the drive just stops For example I could be watching a video file I stuck on it and it just freezes on a frame and that's it MPC-HD just straight up crashes Or I could be transferring something over and it just dies mid-transfer with the transfer window going on for an infinite amount of time and I have to forcibly close things down This is where the real problems start The hard drive is acted on as if it's still in use by the computer It shows up in My Computer it shows how much space is left I can go through all the hard drive and all its folders and any files loaded by a program prior to the stopping of the hard drive will still work up until where the hard drive just stopped For example let's say I'm watching video and I switch to video Half way through video the hard drive just stops If I double-click video it will play exactly how it did prior to the crash but video will either not load at all or only go up to the point where the hard drive stopped Any files on the hard drive are still there but once it has stopped the only files that show up are the ones in the current folder the root of the hard drive whatever folders lead you to your current in-use folder and then just folders that link to other folders Nothing else will load I cannot safely remove the hard drive it's just not possible If I log off then log back on it gives me a bunch of write errors and still won't let me touch the hard drive If I manually just pull the thing out of the tower the computer still thinks it exists It still shows up under My Computer it still shows the files that it has cached I believe I can still run video for example and still go into any of the other folders The only way I've been able to fix it so far is by restarting the computer which brings everything back just fine but it takes like ten minutes every time it does this It's not a frequent thing maybe once every week or so but it's still enough to annoy me I've run chkdsk on it along with its repair function but it turns up nothing I haven't tried Seagate's own tool but I plan on doing that and Googling a bit has brought up some things saying to try putting it in a USB slot I just want to know if this is going to die soon or not This is my fifth Seagate to give me problems in oh so many years so if I do end up having to get another hard drive would anyone have a recommendation

A:Seagate external 1TB randomly stops working until reboot

Quote: Originally Posted by soliunasm

I'm having a bit of trouble regarding my external hard drive, not sure if it's failing or not. I've had it about 4 years now, use it every day, and as of a couple months back it's started acting up on me. I always have it connected to the USB 3.0 slots on the back of my tower(It's 3.0 compatible), and I switch which port it's in on occasion along with taking it to other places. The drive itself is a Seagate Backup Plus 1TB drive for Windows, and I completely formatted it a month ago to see if it would fix my problems. It didn't.

Alright, onto the problem. At random points in time the drive just stops. For example, I could be watching a video file I stuck on it and it just freezes on a frame and that's it, MPC-HD just straight up crashes. Or I could be transferring something over and it just dies mid-transfer with the transfer window going on for an infinite amount of time and I have to forcibly close things down. This is where the real problems start.

1. The hard drive is acted on as if it's still in use by the computer. It shows up in My Computer, it shows how much space is left, I can go through all the hard drive and all its folders, and any files loaded by a program prior to the stopping of the hard drive will still work up until where the hard drive just stopped.
For example, let's say I'm watching video1 and I switch to video2. Half way through video2 the hard drive just stops. If I double-click video1 it will play exactly how it did prior to the crash, but video2 will either not load at all or only go up to the point where the hard drive stopped.

2. Any files on the hard drive are still there, but once it has stopped the only files that show up are the ones in the current folder, the root of the hard drive, whatever folders lead you to your current in-use folder, and then just folders that link to other folders. Nothing else will load.

3. I cannot safely remove the hard drive, it's just not possible. If I log off then log back on, it gives me a bunch of write errors and still won't let me touch the hard drive.

4. If I manually just pull the thing out of the tower, the computer still thinks it exists. It still shows up under My Computer, it still shows the files that it has cached I believe, I can still run video1 for example, and still go into any of the other folders.

The only way I've been able to fix it so far is by restarting the computer which brings everything back just fine, but it takes like ten minutes every time it does this. It's not a frequent thing, maybe once every week or so, but it's still enough to annoy me. I've run chkdsk on it along with its repair function but it turns up nothing, I haven't tried Seagate's own tool but I plan on doing that, and Googling a bit has brought up some things saying to try putting it in a USB 2.0 slot. I just want to know if this is going to die soon or not. This is my fifth Seagate to give me problems in oh so many years, so if I do end up having to get another hard drive, would anyone have a recommendation?

Sounds like the arm is starting to wear down, the arm is the part that reads the platter and is only rated for a certain number of movements in it's lifetime, I think it maybe time for a replacement.

Here's a video explaining how hard drives work and you can see the parts I mentioned in the video

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346464-seagate-external-1tb-randomly-stops-working-until-reboot.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So I never really had an issue with my computer till about days ago when the video signal was randomly lost and the USB ports stopped functioning halfway through a video All these happened while the computer was still running and everything seems fine in there The only way to get it back running again would be to USB signal working randomly, stops Video lost hard reset it and even then the problem will just surface at random points in time particularly as soon as windows boots up Booting into safe mode seems to not surface the issue and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for everything else Can anyone point me as to what may be causing it I have read that it may be the RAM GPU or PSU My bet will be on my year old Sapphire Radeon HD failing but I don't want to replace it till I'm sure that's the only problem that needs to be fixed Your quick responses are greatly appreciated Setup Mobo Asus H -PLUS GPU Sapphire Radeon HD PSU Thermaltake W RAM GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401670-video-signal-lost-randomly-usb-stops-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Guys I working stops randomly and keyboard Mouse Restarts, PC have recently assembled a pc My system Intel Processor i GHZ I bought this one new with months warranty remaining Mother board Asus h m-K Its also new with months warranty remaining Ram DDR GB Used Power supply W Used After a few days use the Pc used to restart after to hours of working and then everything go again to normal for another hours PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly I also got the blue screen error of windows a few times I figured out that the fan speed of CPU was at normal I changed it to turbo level after that the restarting stopped for a few days but recently it started again randomly now there is no trend it happens randomly Lately my mouse and keyboard start freezing with numlock light and the laser light of mouse turning off I plugged them out to a PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly different usb ports but off no use I have to force restart the pc to make it Normal functioning again I am using Windows bit I have changed PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly the windows many time but off no use Can anyone tell me what is likely to be the problem I think there is a problem with the supply or the motherboard but dont know how to check it Thanks in Advance

A:PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly

Chek the south bridge temps bro. the only way is to touch the heatsnk when the computer is in runing state .

Dont touch with nude feet on floor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342546-pc-restarts-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So I never really had an issue with my computer till about days ago when the video signal was randomly lost and the USB ports working lost randomly, USB stops signal Video stopped functioning halfway through a video All these happened while the computer was still running and everything seems fine in there The only way to get it back running again would be to hard reset it and even then the problem will just surface at random points in time particularly as soon as windows boots up Booting into safe mode seems to not surface the issue and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for everything else Can anyone point me as to what may be causing it I have read that it may be the RAM GPU or PSU My bet will be on my year old Sapphire Radeon HD failing but I don't want to replace it till I'm sure that's the only problem that needs to be fixed Your quick responses are greatly appreciated Setup Mobo Asus H -PLUS GPU Sapphire Radeon Video signal lost randomly, USB stops working HD PSU Thermaltake W RAM GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401670-video-signal-lost-randomly-usb-stops-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I m hoping this is in the right area I think it is I ve got problems The first one the one most recent is my webcam I have a Logitech QuickCam messenger and I run Windows Vista I m aware that the are not compatible but I ve been running my webcam just fine after downloading new software for it It s been working perfectly for almost months now and just this morning I accidently unplugged it I plugged it back in and it said that it was an unknown USB device This is confusing me considering that it was working just fine yesterday and the day before that I tried un-installing it and using the device manager to re-install the drivers manually but it wouldnt work After re-installing or attempting to re-install stops Unknown click randomly working? Device? Err, Right help? USB it says that the drivers for my quot Unknown USB Device quot are already updated Then when I try the other option where you click the quot have disk quot thing and Unknown USB Device? Right click randomly stops working? Err, help? locate the folders and driver files yourself if that makes sense it said that there was an error encountered with installation and that the device wouldnt start I would LOVE to know how to fix this I m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I m running vista considering it was working perfectly without error for almost months My second problem Idk if this belongs here or not If not I apologize Anyhow randomly my right click becomes disabled Along with not being able to right click I cant click buttons on websites to submit information for instance I can click the start menu and I can open folders in the start menu but when I click the executables nothing happens it s not even like I clicked it When opening paint or that notepad thing it says failure to create new document and I cant click or open things on that tray thing by the clock I know for a fact that it is not my mouse because when unplugging my mouse and using another one it doesnt fix the problem The only way I can fix this is restarting my computer by holding the power button down until it shuts off since when that happens i forgot to add when I restart my computer it just stays onthe quot shutting quot down screen Basically it doesnt shut down I forgot to add this has been going on for about a month now And I havent installed anything new within this month If you could help me with these problems it d be GREATLY appriciated Thank you -Nina nbsp

A:Unknown USB Device? Right click randomly stops working? Err, help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-usb-device-right-click-randomly-stops-working-err-help.678942/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a working randomly Internet stops connection Solved: windows vista pc networked to a second pc I have wirelessly networked internet to laptops I have an actiontec wireless modem by verizon Solved: Internet connection stops working randomly All of a sudden my host pc started randomly losing internet connection but the wireless laptops still have a signal It seems like the host sometimes can t quot see quot the modem Here are my settings while the internet is functioning Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name ToyRoom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain not set invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e cd d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -DD- - E- C- - - A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - E- C- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway fe c e cd d DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -DD- - E- C- - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B BAF-C C- -A B - A DA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA-E EB- D F- D - B E F br BA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CB ADEAF-D - C F- A D-C F C br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - F - D D- A - F C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ECDFC - B - C -B BB- C CB br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D AC - - C- -E E ADD br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - B - -BEF - E FC D br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Im so confused Was on tech support with verizon for minutes and it worked for a day I saw someone with a great idea... Read more

Relevancy 66.65%

So last night I fell asleep with my computer on It was working perfectly but I had been tired and lazy and had just gone to sleep I woke up at around AM and was too lazy to wake it up and turn it off so I stupidly just held the button down and shut it off that way This morning I wake up turn on the computer and all seems well Until after about minutes Then Freezes Stops Up Working Monitor Computer Randomly, playing Warcraft while I m telling this story the computer completely freezes up I can t Alt F I can t get my process manager to show up so I m forced to restart it cold It then happens again and not only when I m online with Warcraft How it goes is it goes COMPLETELY frozen after a while whether during boot up or while on desktop view Then the screen goes black yet the CPU shows as the computer still on Green Light is still going I ran a System Restore to the th of the month but it did nothing concerning this issue I m not sure if that eliminates a Software Issue and keeps Hardware in question or what Can anyone give me any input I m not code freindly or anything so if you guys could keep it quot Computer Freezes Up Randomly, Then Monitor Stops Working lamens quot termed and any advice as to where to go Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Freezes Up Randomly, Then Monitor Stops Working

Laymans terms....

1st thing to try would be a checkdisk, seeing as it had a bad shutdown.

Boot it up, go into "My Computer", Right click on the "C" drive, select Properties, Tools, Error Checking. Tick BOTH the boxes, and hit OK.
It will prompt to reboot, do so, and it will check the Hard Drive for File Errors, bad sectors etc.

Hopefully that'll do the trick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-up-randomly-then-monitor-stops-working.89511/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is regarding my custom built desktop my Microphone works fine and my sound works fine so long as i dont try to use both at the randomly working (Windows using Audio a after 7) stops microphone same time Whenever i Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7) use a program like ventrilo or a game that has built in voice chat or skype the microphone works great as well as the sound for a little while but most of the time after anywehre from three minutes to two hours the sound on my computer goes out the microphone continues to work all the settings in the sound configuration menus are said to be working fine but the sound just does not work a reboot fixes the problem but it will come back as soon as i try to speak again Something else to note When i try to play a movie mp in winamp or itunes Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7) they do not play correctly after this microphone induced problem starts The mp s will quot play quot in that the sound appears to be being sent from the program to Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7) the computer but what is wierd is that the bar that shows how far through the song movie you are moves at half speed so instead of going from to in one second it moves slower and after about seconds will only be seven seconds into the song I cannot hear if this is a graphical problem or a sound problem but since ithappens both in itunes and winamp this problem is directly related for reference im using the quot speakers quot option in windows s Sound application my microphone is quot novahsdesktopmic quot which is what i named mine and then there is another mic quot FrontMic quot which is not the default but is in the list help nbsp

A:Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7)

update: I have since found out that the microphone is not directly related. Tonight is the first time it went out without using the microphone at all. I was compiling a video and trying to listen to music when it went silent. It seems to kick out whenever i am doing alot of things soundwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-stops-working-randomly-after-using-a-microphone-windows-7.149621/
Relevancy 66.65%

for some reason out of the blue my computer randomly stops playing sounds and anything to do with videos this includes streaming videos from the net and the only way to fix it is to restart, all drivers are up to date sound wise, codecs are all up to date video wise. and the sound and video drivers appear in the device manager as working properly.

any ideas apart from throw out the comp lol.

Relevancy 66.65%

After a little time approx mins my internet stops responding I am still coonnected to the internet but pages will not show up I also am unable to do a manual shutdown and a forced one is required I have a Dell with Intel Pentium Dual core CPU Ghz g of memory bit op sys I have of space available on my C drive My computer is regularly cleaned and has recently had a registry cleaner Here are my ipconfig which I saw on an earlier thread Please can you help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner VISTA still but randomly connected stops Internet I'm working, gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Internet randomly stops working, but I'm still connected VISTA Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -B -F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt After Internet not responding Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -B -F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with... Read more

A:Internet randomly stops working, but I'm still connected VISTA

If it were me, I would google how to reset the TCP\IP stack (simple command), then uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers. I've heard of this before, related to people who were using P2P at the time. If you are indeed using P2P, check your Event Viewer > System for any 4226 errors.

Also, check the Application and System event logs for anything else that looks noteworthy.

What firewall are you running? Have you rebooted your router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-randomly-stops-working-but-im-still-connected-vista-363394.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey,

Having a very annoying problem, sometimes my mouse on the laptop just stops working at random.

I don't know why it stops or what makes it come back.

Using an external mouse works no problem, its just the laptops built in mouse.
I can still right and left click but I cant move it.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

A:Touch keypad / mouse stops working randomly

What do you see in device manager?? Right click on touch pad-uninstall- restart PC!
If that doesn't help, go to your manufacture and down load the driver for your touch pad.
Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/touch-keypad-mouse-stops-working-randomly-984225.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. I have a dell inspiron N5110 and today I had a problem where my audio stopped working out of nowhere and also my videos are loading but there is no playback. This happens in Google Chrome. In Firefox, the audio does not work either but the videos are playing just fine. How can I fix this? I already restarted my laptop once and the issue returned. Thank you. 
P.s. My laptop is 4 yrs old. Should I do a system restore to fix all these problems that keep coming up? Thank you. 

A:Audio stops working randomly and there is no playback on videos

Hello Hana13

Thanks for writing to us. 
If the issue start post any software or windows update changes, yes you can try doing a system restore and observe. if still the same, please install the audio driver. 
from this link 
chose your operating system and then select the audio driver accordingly. 
Await your response.s
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682950
Relevancy 65.79%

After about an hour or so of being on, my computer will stop playing audio. It seems to happen randomly, and only comes back on when I restart, but it will go out again afterwards.
I have my PC connected to a monitor via HDMI, and a digital audio cable from the PC to a stereo. Neither output will play sounds from the PC, but both they can still play from other sources with no problem. I tried checking the drivers in the control panel and nothing seems to be wrong there.
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.
Any assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Sound randomly stops working; restart temporarily fixes it.

Knever, to the Bleeping Computer Community. Please post back if you are still having the same issues and then post the computer model, device attached (monitor, speaker brand) next time also. In addition to the information, Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539820/sound-randomly-stops-working;-restart-temporarily-fixes-it/
Relevancy 65.79%

This has been happening for the past three days I just recently bought a laptop the Toshiba Satellite A -S with Intel WiFi Link I would be just 5100 Link Intel? WiFi Stops Working Randomly surfing on the internet and then the WiFi link would randomly just stop working I would go to the available connections window and the network i'm connected to would say 'Connected with limited connectivity' and then it would disconnect and then it would not be able to detect any networks even though it previously did before I know it's not a network Intel? WiFi Link 5100 Randomly Stops Working problem because the same problem occured on two different networks I have set up in two different places The device manager does not report anything wrong with it and I did not randomly turn off the wifi for any reason I would have to reset my laptop in order to fix the problem Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC lt ---i personally blocked that out Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - - D- - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b e e b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Intel? WiFi Link 5100 Randomly Stops Working Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix access bestbuy com Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap access bestbuy com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AFA BD- C D- A- C- F A DE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt

A:Intel« WiFi Link 5100 Randomly Stops Working

Yes! Agreed! Same thing happening here. Any ideas?

Bumpity Bump.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/196668-intel-wifi-link-5100-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This mouse randomly stops working. When I click on "Show Bluetooth Devices" with my touchpad it immediately starts working again.
My laptop is always plugged in.
Sometimes I can be idle for a really long time and it still works. Other times it seems to stop while using it.
Sometimes it does it often, every few minutes, and other times it doesn't do it for quite some time.
System
Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 HS
Driver: 8.0.1.305 (up to date)
Bluetooth Settings/Options
[x] Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC
[x] Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect
[x] Show the Bluetooth icon in notification area
Device Manager
Bluetooth properties in the Device Manager is just a blank window, there are no options.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51192-sculpt-comfort-mouse-bluetooth-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

After about an hour or so of being on, my computer will stop playing audio. It seems to happen randomly, and only comes back on when I restart, but it will go out again afterwards.

I have my PC connected to a monitor via HDMI, and a digital audio cable from the PC to a stereo. Neither output will play sounds from the PC, but both they can still play from other sources with no problem. I tried checking the drivers in the control panel and nothing seems to be wrong there.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

Any assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-randomly-stops-working-restart-temporarily-fixes-it.1128971/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have a customer that has a Dell XPS z randomly the left mouse click stops working on the working 14z stops - touch pad randomly Dell XPS Left click touch pad Right mouse click and the actual touch pad itself works fine If you plug in a USB mouse the left click works fine on the Dell XPS 14z - Left touch pad click randomly stops working USB mouse however the left click on the touch pad continues to not work Below are the following actions I have taken however they hasn t resolved the issue I have gone into control panel gt mouse settings gt Synaptics tab gt set to default I have downloaded and installed the latest driver on the Dell website which is version V A http www dell com support home uk en ukdhs product-support product xps-l z drivers rvps y I have tried to set the mouse settings to left handed and back to right handed I Dell XPS 14z - Left touch pad click randomly stops working have checked device manager and event viewer and both report no issues with the touch pad drivers failing What is strange is that Dell XPS 14z - Left touch pad click randomly stops working once you restart the laptop left click starts working again however it will stop randomly and by randomly I mean that it could stop working weeks from now or days from now I don t think it is hardware because if it was I would have thought that the button wouldn t start working after every restart So any thoughts or solutions would be grateful

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983485
Relevancy 64.93%

My wired mouse randomly stops working while using a virtual machine in a thumb drive. It doesn't  happen everyday only once a week or so sometimes less.

I have to reboot my pc back into the thumb drive to get it to work again. I am not able to swap it out for a different mouse while in the VM.

I have changed out the mouse 4 times with different brands mainly for Logitech brand and tried all the other USB ports and still have the same problem.

It happened in Windows 7 and Windows 10 while using the VM thumb drive and has been going on for a couple of years now.
It works fine when using my personal desktop.

Any idea what could be causing this? Are all the USB ports connected together or do they run separate from one another? 

I hope you can resolve my issue.

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b787f3e2-0946-4752-8ecb-57e58088c669/mouse-randomly-stops-working-while-using-a-virtual-machine-in-a-thumb-drive?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 64.5%

Brand new Inspiron 15 (5555) with Radeon R6 8700P... running only Firefox & MS apps like Outlook, Lync, & MS Office the toast with "AMD Display Driver Stopped working and recovered" pops up randomly. Then either apps recover, apps go white and need relaunch, or system restarts. 100+ incidents in 6 days I have had laptop. Running diagnostics receives WVC14-AAL & WVC07-L61 failures as well as DX9/DX10/DX11/Transformation test failures at various percentages. When these diagnostic test failures occur get error PC-Doctor Module stopped working.
Have run all updates (Dell Update, Windows Update, Radeon) and everything is reported as up to date.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19772527
Relevancy 64.5%

I ve got a year old standby/restart/hibernate UNTIL stops randomly working Laptop keyboard m9700 Alienware m laptop that has been giving me quite a bit of trouble over the last few months About three months ago the touchpad just completely stopped working and for the last two months the keyboard will lock up at random times m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate USB keyboar still works but as I m in the air on m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate the go a lot having to carry around a big ol keyboard is highly unrealistic The computer is amazing when it works but it s just getting ridiculous On top of that the wifi cuts in and out as though its searching for other channels Ive already uninstalled the realtek software so theres no contradicting software issues and tried switching channels but thats not my real issue--the KEYBOARD is I think I ve ruled out it being a hardware issue as the keyboard works fine for a few minutes and then boom it just locks up What makes me think its some sort of software issue is if I go into standby mode or hibernate and come out it works just fine--until it locks up again then I have to standby and come out makes for a real hard time when I m trying to edit But heres the real doozy--this problem started a few months ago when I had my old hard drive--but this is a brand new hard drive with a fresh copy of XP on it weird huh I ve searched high and low for a resolution They dont make this keyboard anymore so I m out of luck in terms of getting a new one Every quot similar quot post I ve seen has been graphics related or cpu related and I checked all my connections and everything is seated properly So I ask you oh techy god s WHAT THE F nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m9700-laptop-keyboard-randomly-stops-working-until-standby-restart-hibernate.903019/
Relevancy 64.5%

Thanks in advance for any help I'll try to explain as best I can I have a custom built pc running Windows ultimate bit GB RAM Intel LGA motherboard Intel Xeon Quad processor watt power supply and nvidia GeForce GT graphics card I do audio recording and use an external audio interface novation x-station My computer has ran flawlessly for the past year or so now my quot Samsung monitors go black after a few minutes It started computer working, Any black. and suggestions? stops goes screen out once or twice a day now it only takes about computer stops working, and screen goes black. Any suggestions? minutes My first thought was the video card because both monitors go black which I'm still in the year warrantee period so I can get it replaced Everything is normal then I get a second of messed up screens then it goes black When the screens are messed up they look like the one referring to bad video card ram in this link Diagnose video card problems by comparing with example corrupted screens But When it goes black I have no audio either I cleaned the dust out ran with cover off all fans are still running and computer appears as its operating as normal except the screens go black and audio stops so I guess my question is if my video cards ram is bad and it crashes overheats and stops working would it cause the audio to stop also Or could it be something else like the mobo or cpu I also don't get a error message and don't see it in error logs but have to do a hard re-start to get it back on and working for a few minutes at least '-

A:computer stops working, and screen goes black. Any suggestions?

Hello aaronuws. Welcome to the Forum.

My first thought, as was yours, was overheating. If the 9800 is inside a hard plastic case be sure to blow or vacuum that out carefully.

I think the best way to start would be to simplify. Disconnect all but the minimum needed components of the system and run it for a while just to test to see if the problem remains. That will give a clue about which direction to investigate first.

The usual questions:
Have you made any hardware changes recently? OS changes?
Have installed any new programs (particularly games) recently?
Is the symptom regular and constant (happens every time) or random and occasional?
If a regular occurrence: does it happen after a certain period of time, or is the amount of time random?

Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231049-computer-stops-working-screen-goes-black-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 59.77%
Relevancy 58.05%

My pc specs IBuyPower computer custom built Windows working Internet THEN stops explore windows working, stops home premium bit Amd fx core processor Graphics Amd Radeon Hd xlr edition gb ram tb hdd AsRock motherboard Antivirus Panda cloud and Avast antivirus THE PROBLEM My usual browser is google chrome but lately exactly a week ago the Internet stopped working after a while NOTE PREVIOUS POSTS HAVEN T WORKED NOR FIXED MY PROBLEM PLEASE KEEP READING The Internet service stops working as if someone just unpluged my ethernet cable And minutes or seconds after that my windows explorer stops working taskbar and the entire system stops working I can still change windows with the keyboard shortcut but nothing else from there The ohly way my Internet and pc works fine is by safe mode with networking SOLVING THE PROBLEM I already tried to search for viruses Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working or malware by cmd with the quot -r -h -s quot and the quot scannow quot methods but nothing Already searched for viruses with boith of my antiviruses panda Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working and avast I have no saved point to reboot my system to a past saved poiht the last saved point is the same day that my pc stopped working SPECULATIONS OF THE PROBLEM Long ago I disconnected the side panel from the pc box which includes a fan and lately my pc temp have raised up to when before it was around the s or s The days this problem started I wasn t home and a blackout happened while my pc was still on nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently started getting very annoying problem. Firefox or other program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working at the same time so I have to reboot. It happens quite often.

What I did already:
*Maybe virus? Full boot time system scan with Avast anti-virus. Nothing found.
*Oh well reinstall windows again... Yes, I did that too. Still same problem BUT ONLY after small break like two days or so.
And most confusing thing is that full screen programs like games do not seem to stop responding. Still, they BSOD like after few hours, but I do not think it is related. Like heavy load or something.

My system details hopefully in my forum profile, at least filled them recently.

So any other ideas how I can fix that?

A:Program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Please post this info
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Browsers well you might switch off gpu acceleration might help
What other programs are crashing or freezing it's usually a driver issue or Avast up to it's old tricks
Uninstall properly Avast and switch to Panda.
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

If you're oc'ing your gpu or anything else restore to default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384131-program-stops-responding-alt-ctrl-del-stops-working.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My CD drive isn't reading CD's. I checked it out and it says its working fine but when I put a disk in it says there isn't one there. Help!

A:Cd's aren't working!

Hi Claudia, welcome to TSG....

I'll move this to the hardware forum....

What's the history of the cdrom, has it ever worked, has it been cleaned lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-arent-working.55582/
Relevancy 53.32%

The stereo-boxes of my computer are not working This could be just a hardware problem but I just doubt it Could aren't My working stereoboxes anyone just look at My stereoboxes aren't working my log even if it's just to humor me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System MsPMSPSv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINNT AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run c pd C WINNT SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pdO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail comO - Trusted Zone http www hotmail com O - Trusted Zone http windowsupdate microsoft com O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Protocol bw - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw- - - FEA- -AD - A F - C Program Files L... Read more

A:My stereoboxes aren't working

My boxes are working again
I just turned on my computer and they were functioning!
Sorry for being paranoid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29883/my-stereoboxes-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, this is my first post and im not sure if this is the right forum for my problem.
So I have this 6 year old laptop, I recently did a clean windows XP reinstall for it. After installing Internet, Graphics and Audio drivers, some programs still don't work. They either have graphics problems or they crash at start. Some don't even start up, although they are in the processes list in task manager
They work perfectly in my other computer also running XP.

Why don't they work with this one?

If you need any additional details then just ask, but also tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Gang I m using a store brand of DVDRW I purchased them several months ago Recently I recorded some movies on to several of them At the time they worked Disks Aren't Working DVD-R fine Today I tried them again on my DVD-R Disks Aren't Working PC DVD-R Disks Aren't Working DVDRW and they didn t show up I cleaned them and they showed up as a mpg that didnt play They should be VOB files Right now I get the error saying quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot I then put them in my TV-DVD player and I got a message that no disk was found Is there anything I can do to restore these files Not all the disks have this problem It seems to happen with the disks I recorded in the last couple of days I used Nero to record them I flashed my hardware recently to accomodate the newer disks When this started happening I flashed them again downward Still no joy I hear some kind of weird sound coming out of the DVD player when I tried to play them I to sounds like it is trying to grab hold of something but having no luck nbsp

A:DVD-R Disks Aren't Working

I'm using a store brand of DVDRW.Click to expand...

Always buy quality media. Store brands usually aren't. Also, DVDRW media, isn't very reliable. Use DVD-R as you listed in the title of the thread. You can try this, but I don't think it's gonna fix your problem. I think your problem is the media you used.

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

I have tried to tell people that this is what happens when you use Memorex, Khypermedia, and most store brands of media (mostly any media made in Taiwan. Verbatim is the exception). They record ok, and look ok the first time or two you watch them. But when you go back, to watch them again, they may be unwatchable. When buying blank dvds, look on the package for "Made In Japan". It's usually near the bar code. That's not saying you'll never have problems. But you'll have a lot less problems associated with bad media. Sony, Maxell,and Fuji, are good brands, if you get the ones "Made In Japan" (MIJ). MIJ Fuji discs are getting very hard to find though. Verbatim is the only Taiwan made (MIT) media, you should consider.

If the reinstall of the hardware, through the device manager works, I'd copy your discs over to better media, while you can. If it doesn't, I don't think there's much you can do to save what you've burned. I think most software used to encode and burn dvds, puts the files in a folder, on your hard drive. You may find the files for one burned dvd. If you used the same software to do all the dvds, it uses the same folder and overwrites what's in it, each time you do another dvd. That's why I say you might find files for one dvd you burned.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-disks-arent-working.547886/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, so somehow I got websave on my computer, and it was really annoying so I downloaded adwcleaner to fix it, then I ran the software then restarted my computer. When I restarted, I couldn't open mozilla, so I deleted it then used internet explorer (which works fine) to redownload it. That didn't work so I tried google chrome. That didn't work either. In both cases when I tried opening the browser I opened windows task manager to see what was going on. Both times the browser would load up to about 2000 K then stop, at the same time it was loading, windows problem reporting would load to about the same memory the stop suddenly as well. I don't know what the problem is... Please help me. Thank you

A:Browsers aren't working

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode. Hold down the Shift Key while starting Firefox. You may have a add-on that is keeping Firefox from starting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browsers-arent-working-802410.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Very often when I click on links my desktop goes absolutely nowhere. The link will change color as if it recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. The links are valid and working. My laptop has no problem opening these same links. Please help me if you know what is happening. I have searched my settings but I have not found an option to turn the links on or off.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90677/some-links-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently got given a Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 Model: 1014

I plugged it in and went to windows update, it installed the keyboard and all working.

Now i have a program that i want to configure the F1 keys to make them do something in the program, I've done this before on my old keyboard but this time it isn't recognising.... F2 key is recognised as CTRL+Z

I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from MS website and its not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

A:F2 F3 F4..... Keys aren't working

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that those keys are not detected correctly at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57667-f2-f3-f4-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Can someone tell me why my icon pix pix aren't icon working aren't working right In Win Pro in the 'properties' context menu for shortcuts I lt click gt on the 'customize' icon pix aren't working tab then click lt change icon gt lt browse gt navigate icon pix aren't working to my icons folder click icon pix aren't working on the icon image file I want for this shortcut then a selection window appears showing the image with it already selected I click lt OK gt and now I see the selected image on the properties window as far as I know these are the proper steps to assign a custom image to a shortcut right I know these same steps worked a few days ago on another group of shortcuts However when I click lt apply gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens consequently when I click lt OK gt lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens again I repeat these same steps several times with always the same lt lt lt nothing gt gt gt happens results Can anyone tell me why this is happening Also this same thing occurs a lot even when selecting the default icon images in the Windows default image path but when and IF this happens I'll select a different icon image and this will often but not ALL the time work right amp assign the image to the shortcut Why is this

A:icon pix aren't working

Hi,

Try clearing and rebuilding the Icon Cache

Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 7http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/
or
Open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

Copy/Paste or Type each command in Section A. one at a time and press <Enter> after each.
The last line will force the computer to shutdown!
(Make sure you save all of your work before executing these lines)!

Section A.
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache <Enter>

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F <Enter>

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A <Enter>

shutdown /r /f /t 00 <Enter>

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553040/icon-pix-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

icons such as internet explorer are now responisve when trying to open,

any ideas......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/icons-arent-working-325113.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had this problem since I upgraded to Vista. All softwares I used before in Windows XP worked without any problem, but most of them now support Vista and they are giving me tons of problems everyday.
What is this happening?

A:Why softwares aren't working?

Software makers have got to rewrite their code to make it work with Vista. Keep checking the maker of the software websites for Vista updates.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/113916-why-softwares-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past few months I ve had problems with some of my quot security quot shortcuts It started when I tried to open AVG and run a scan When I click on the icon I get a pop up stating the quot program working.... Some shortcuts aren't exe quot associated with the icon has changed or moved and do I want to delete the icon I noticed that I had an AVG update come in prior to this problem so I figured it was an AVG problem and I have been working with their customer support people to try and fix it I ve also noticed that other quot security quot programs have Some shortcuts aren't working.... the same problem When I click on quot malwarebytes quot and quot whatsrunning quot I get the same box I just downloaded superantispyware and tried to run it but had the same problem with the desktop Some shortcuts aren't working.... icon I have Spyware Terminator and its working fine I haven t found any other programs that are having the same issues The tech I ve been working with at AVG has had me run uninstall and other programs trying to find the issue but we ve gotten nowhere I can t open AVG to run a scan I get the error box noted above but when I go to my Security Center it shows that quot AVG reports up to date and active quot I haven t been able to reinstall AVG because of an error with a program in Firefox called Chrome I just need some advice on how to fix the problem with the missing or moved programs so my shortcuts will work I don t believe its a virus I ve used Spy Terminator numerous times and its not finding any problems

A:Some shortcuts aren't working....

"Chrome" is a Google browserhttp://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl...p;utm_medium=ha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215310/some-shortcuts-arent-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

example:

please help!

A:the colors aren't working

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is your issue just related to Youtube ? ...

Does it happen in all Browsers or just Chrome ? ...

Please fill in your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376136-colors-arent-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ill start with hardware specs Im using a HP Pavilion dv ea running Windows Ultimate Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Typing this off System Info I havent really learnt anything about hardware but I'm assuming this is all you need to Aren't Programs Working? know Right I have Programs Aren't Working? a gb hard drive a few days Programs Aren't Working? ago I decided to install WoW after years of not playing it last time I played it required about gb to install and I had about gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine but no As I began to install I had a message saying I needed at least gb free so I decided to wipe about gb of music and gb of software since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need and since doing so my laptop has turned on me The only changes made to Programs Aren't Working? my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software and the installation of WoW surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up So after rebooting following the installation of WoW I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared the icon to move them was still there but the interface wasn't I believe it's called an interface haha The CPU gadget was just like a small white box and the weather one was just not there But this is the least of my problems Since then by the way the WoW installation was nights ago - Christmas night well as of today my Windows Media Player refuses to work the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second but the program doesn't open I have googled but no luck with what's wrong About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion overheat when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong hopefully someone here knows And whilst I'm here I have another issue which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed When I bought this laptop about years ago it had gb RAM installed it used to be really fast but recently it has been running pretty slow So whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier well as I started this post I noticed 'Memory - MB Speed ' I'm not sure what the Speed part means but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is gb how is this possible If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really really grateful especially if my laptop runs better haha Thanks for any help in advance D

Relevancy 53.32%

So, my speaker drivers are updated and installed. My speakers are plugged in correctly ( I think). If I put the speaker at full blast I can hear the on, but no music or sound. Help please!! I can be reached on AIM at Illidansowner

Or you can just post here

A:Speakers aren't working :(

Two things to try left click on speaker icon in task bar and see if mute is checked for some reason this happens fairly often if it is uncheck it. Did the speakers ever work? Recheck all connections and try a system restore back to when they worked All this is assuming you're using xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.595177/
Relevancy 53.32%

i reinstalled windows xp professional because of viruses. Now for some reason i cannot change my video settings and the display adapters arent showing up in my device manager. there is no display adapter tab. Also i cann ot get my speakers to work. the computer doesnt see that i am connecting speakers in the back of my computer but it does recognize my headset that is pluggged into the front.

A:Speakers aren't working

Did you reinstall all of the motherboard drivers and chipset drivers? These would all have to reinstalled after a fresh reinstallation of windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.896694/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

My Home page works, but when I tab to another page it will not connect at all

but firefox works when I tab a page

IE 7 worked Saturday night and then Sunday morning , only page working was home page
thanks

A:Tab Pages aren't working

Hi and welcome to TSF try resetting IE How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tab-pages-arent-working-664988.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just today, while I was going on YouTube to watch some videos, I turned on my speakers and played the video. For some reason, the sound didn't come out. I turned the speakers on and off, but that didn't work. I unplugged the wire hooking it up to the computer, but that didn't work either.

Please, someone help me fix this problem. I don't want to resort to buying new ones.

A:Speakers aren't working

Why not start with some details about the configuration? Also, did you try plugging earphones in the speaker jack to see if it's the computer or the speakers? I'd do that before I bought new speakers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-arent-working.691053/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 52.89%

How's it goin,
I seem to have a problem with games that i put on my laptop (Acer Aspire 3680, 64mb graphics card). They all install correctly but when I play 'Lord of the Rings-BFME II' it loads the black screen then comes up with a blue background and all these error messages and shuts the computer down. I also have 'Worms-World Party' demo which loads black screen thens returns to desktop and error message 'worms world party has been stopped, sending error report', even tho my 'dawn of war-wa 'demo works fine. I have re-installed both games plus running them both as administrator, can't seem to figure it out, all programs work perfectly on my laptop it's just games that are a hassle. Anyone have a solution??

A:Couple of games aren't working..

Did you install the DirectX stand alone setup from Microsoft? Many games will not work without it. The DirectX setup was needed for me after new Vista x64 install even though running dxdiag said my DX10 was working.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/100948-couple-games-arent-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Everytime I want to hibernate my computer to leave it on overnight, it goes into updates. It updates, then restarts about once or twice saying that the updates weren't configured correctly, and it must revert the changes. It's happened about 5 times and I'd like to fix this.

A:Windows updates aren't working.

hi go to start control panel in classic view,windows update,on the lefthand side,change settings,click the install updates automatically and change the time for update to be downloaed and installed.or change to download and let me choose

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-arent-working-409577.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Numbers are part of password, can't login. Please advise. Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Number keys aren't working

Hi, See if you can log on via the on screen keyboard - at the sign in screen, click the Ease of Access icon ( lower right corner ) and select On-Screen Keyboard. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Number-keys-aren-t-working/td-p/5694292
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

A:Programs aren't working correctly.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-arent-working-correctly-762761.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My buddy Kyle recently (actually yesterday) go a new computer that came installed with Vista. He downgraded to XP and now he can't get on the internet or anything, a bunch of drivers aren't working.

Fix? Downgrading is possible, I've seen it done before but I don't remember what to do.
Thanks,
Drew

ps:
I am also planning to do this on my laptop with vista, and I want to do it without all the driver issues.

Relevancy 52.89%

Oy.

I have an ADC (or AOC, can't read the font) monitor with built in speakers. Today, they have suddenly stopped working. I checked all the sound controls, made sure everything was plugged in, and even restarted a few times. I also fiddled around with everything in between.

And yet, I still get no sound. I've learned that while im listening to music, if I turn my monitor off, I can catch a quick millisecond of sound from the speakers. The same also happens if I turn my monitor on, so I'm pretty sure nothing's truly broken. In any case, I'd reaaaally like some help on this problem, pleeease.

Relevancy 52.89%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/