Windows Support Forum

GIF files aren't saved/opened properly

Q: GIF files aren't saved/opened properly

Most GIF files save properly from Firefox or IE and are opened without a problem with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (I'm using WinXP). However, some GIFs don't save or aren't opened properly. For example, I save this file here ( http://macrochan.org/view.php?u=7LRQONLLQFMAAMENXWTEDJNLOOXYAUFE ), and the image viewing stops once the shoe hits the ground after hitting the bear's head. This happened on one of my other WinXP computers, as well.

What's the cause of this? A bad GIF file, a problem with Microsoft's products (again), or is it just not saving properly? My only guess is that the GIF is too long for the picture viewer and it slows down.

(Another example is an image that was this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_usb_0QYUB...SdN0zi2U/s1600/penguin_animated_push_over.gif, but it was from a different source (this example file works fine, but another did not).)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: GIF files aren't saved/opened properly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: GIF files aren't saved/opened properly

Welcome to the TSG Forum.
Not sure what's wrong with WP&F viewer .. It works OK for me in everything except WP&F.
I'd suggest to use Irfanview instead .. (It's my default Viewer and Editor)
Seems to work OK after I removed the white line in frame 39 (the last frame) and re-saved it using Photoshop.
I couldn't find anything else wrong with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gif-files-arent-saved-opened-properly.998296/
Relevancy 82.56%

Suddenly, I cannot open an: .rtf Microsoft Word document file.

It is an incoming file from a trusted source.

I can download the file, see the corresponding file images, then when I
click on an image, I get a message from Micosoft Word (with the yellow
triangle enclosing an exclamation point) which says: The server application,
source file or item cannot be found. Make sure the application is properly
installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed.

Please help me open this file, it is a work-related file, and I've tried so
many times already.

Thanking you in advance.

A:.rtf Microsoft Word document files aren't opened

Was Office loaded on that machine at work?
If so it is my guess that one of two things is happening.

1) The Office dll that displays pictures is resident on the work network and is only loaded when it is needed - thus displaying that message.

2) A similar thing with the document that just the link (and thumbnail) to the pictures were included in the document. The actual pictures are still on the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rtf-microsoft-word-document-files-arent-opened.1133379/
Relevancy 81.7%

So this is something I've absolutely never come across and a relatively new problem as of this month It will not occur on a fresh restart only after the system has been running for a few days I can't even describe it well enough for aren't being or maybe? copied Files saved Windows Explorer, a Google search to give me a proper result For example I take an SD card out of my camera and into my computer I open up the source and destination folders and drag-move the files from the SD card to the computer The system runs the move dialogue may take a minute depending Windows Explorer, maybe? Files aren't being saved or copied on size the Windows Explorer, maybe? Files aren't being saved or copied source file is deleted the destination file shows up in the folder all fine and dandy successful Windows Explorer, maybe? Files aren't being saved or copied move If I try to open the moved picture error can't recall the error but basically the file can't be read I refresh the folder file is gone I go back to the source file is also gone I run recovery software on the destination the file was never ever there to begin with It's like it pretended to copy the file but didn't actually write any information to the disk Example I'm in Firefox I see an image I want to save to my computer Save As it downloads it shows up in the downloaded tab I browse to the folder in Windows Explorer file isn't there I try to save the image again Firefox prompts me that the file already exists Using Firefox's Save As dialogue I attempt to open the file Gives me the same error something like File cannot be read I've attempted to shut down restart Comodo Firewall and Bitdefender AV Doesn't solve the problem Log off log back onto Windows Doesn't solve the problem Only after a full system restart is the problem resolved All hard drives are healthy and it doesn't appear to be tied to any particular source destination combo even a thumb drive I'm not sure where to even begin to diagnose this problem but I'm guessing that it lies in explorer exe If it was a hardware problem shot in the dark maybe a bad memory stick I'm only thinking this because it takes a few days of the computer being on for the problem to start and it can only be solved by a full system restart Unfortunately I have lost a few important files so far because of this I copy a file go back to using my SD card and suddenly I don't have the copy and the original has been overwritten beyond recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391803-windows-explorer-maybe-files-arent-being-saved-copied.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

When I click on an e-mail attachment, the download window opens, and the progress bar completes, but, the nothing opens.

Similaraly, when I try to press 'run' in the download window for install functions, the progress bar moves, but, nothing happens. For example, I was trying to download Mozilla, but, when pressing run, it bar progresses, but then, nothing.

This is weird (and maybe it will tell you want you need to know to answer), when I press SAVE on the download screen instead of run, and I specify a folder location and name, the progress bar progresses, but then, THE FILE IS NOT IN THE DIRECTORY???

What's my problem. I've disabled pop up blockers, and have entirely disabled windows security. Also, I DO have administrator rights.

Thank you!!!!

A:Run/Download doesn't work - downloaded Saved files aren't in Directory either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-download-doesnt-work-downloaded-saved-files-arent-in-directory-either.724874/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a password issue... Every time I get on Dreamweaver for example I have to re-insert the passwords for the different FTP's I've set up. Which I never had to do. Also e-snips and some other programs. The passwords aren?t being saved even if I click the "save" box on the program... Can anyone help me out?

- Thanks

A:Passwords Aren't Being Saved

Have you just had the upgrade to IE7? This could be the issue. You will have to change the IE settings to remember the passwords again. I believe. I am not entirely sure as I have not done this in Dreamweaver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71048/passwords-arent-being-saved/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 (winxp, sp3, ie8). When I go to my hotmail I check the boxes that ask if my username and password want to be remembered and saved, but it doesn't actually remember or save them. Is it cookies or something?? What do I do??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usernames-and-passwords-arent-being-saved-465409.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I use a Logitech M310 wireless mouse on my Win 7 computer, and I prefer a fast speed. So I typically right click on my desktop and then go to the Personalize screen. From there I click on Change Mouse Pointers, Pointer Options, and then I select a fast pointer speed.

But each time I restart my computer, my fast pointer speed is lost and I'm back to where it started at medium speed.

How can I get my mouse settings to save? My settings for Desktop Background and Screen Saver are saved, but not my mouse pointer speed. Thanks in advance.......

A:Wireless Mouse Settings Aren't Saved in Restart

Have you installed the Logitech mouse software, if not, go to the Logitech website & find the M310 mouse & locate the software download for it making sure you have either the 32 bit or 64 bit version that your Windows 7 is. Download it & then install it.

This will provide you with a program that you can use to customise your mouse settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397324-wireless-mouse-settings-arent-saved-restart.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers for my pc. They worked fine until I put together a new build. Now, only my rear speakers put out sound. I've tested them and configured them properly, but still no good. Anybody know a fix?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/125892-speakers-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Recently I've been having an incredibly frustrating problem. Whenever i close one of my programs, they don't terminate. You can't see them on the desktop or anything but they're still running according to Task Manager and other detection systems.

Untitled.png   43.89KB
  0 downloads

As you can see above, The program in question (Company of Heroes 2) was closed, but it still running. This also happens for an assortment other programs seemingly at random. (Also process hacker itself, ironically) If i attempt to end the process in Task Manager, it does nothing; attempting to do it on Process Hacker instead returns this:

Untitled1.png   39.64KB
  0 downloads

I'm on my beams end here. I've tried most things that i could think of (Drivers, MBM, Norton) and some help would really be appreciated!
Obligatory Speecy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RjrQxBLWzP2cF1xRxPx33Qs

A:Programs aren't closing properly.

Looking at the Speccy snapshot, the only thing that I can suggest is that it may be something to do with the Superfetch service.  There's a short article on Techradar - http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-superfetch-makes-windows-faster-639643 - which gives a flavour of what it does - it also applies to Windows 8.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517240/programs-arent-closing-properly/
Relevancy 61.92%

Oh god someone PLEASE help me Certain websites aren't working for me via Fx amp IE but they are working for others In fact I had just installed AVG thought that was part of the problem amp uninstalled it I'm going back to Anti Vir but it's still a problem Some sites aren't loading at all others certain buttons click others just act as dead links amp yes I did reboot when I uninstalled AVG I have other issues too but that may be an OS problem I have to find someone to help me troubleshoot the other problems I hope you find something in here Thank youMichelleDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Michelle on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Free - - UTC - RP - Avira AntiVir Personal - Properly Aren't Browsers My Working Help, - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly UTC - RP - Installed iTunesBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Michelle exe --------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS ATKKBService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exeC Program Files Simpleology simpleology Wimiki simpleology Wimiki exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC Program Files Shelltoys Personal Assistant assistant exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files SysSense SysSense exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Adobe Re... Read more

A:Help, My Browsers Aren't Working Properly

Oops, I guess there were 2 docs, here's the other one...Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) SP 3.0Architecture: X86; Language: EnglishCPU 0: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHzPercentage of Memory in Use: 57%Physical Memory (total/avail): 2046.48 MiB / 876.17 MiBPagefile Memory (total/avail): 3939.16 MiB / 2947.32 MiBVirtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1899.59 MiBA: is Removable (FAT)C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 60.55 GiB total, 44.49 GiB free. D: is Fixed (NTFS) - 58.59 GiB total, 54.93 GiB free. E: is Fixed (NTFS) - 67.17 GiB total, 53.98 GiB free. I: is Removable (FAT)J: is Removable (No Media)K: is Removable (No Media)L: is Removable (No Media)Z: is CDROM (No Media)\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - ST3200826AS - 186.31 GiB - 3 partitions \PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 60.55 GiB - C: \PARTITION1 - Installable File System - 58.59 GiB - D: \PARTITION2 - Installable File System - 67.17 GiB - E:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device - 54.91 MiB - 1 partition \PARTITION0 (bootable) - MS-DOS V4 Huge - 61.11 MiB - I:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE3 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4 - Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All UsersAPPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Michelle\Application DataCLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zipCLIENTNAME=ConsoleCommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME=MICHELLE-E1D0D2ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exeFP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NOHOMEDRIVE=C:HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\MichelleLOGONSERVER=\\MICHELLE-E1D0D2NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2OS=Windows_NTPath=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.PSC1PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL=6PROCESSOR_REVISION=0f06ProgramFiles=C:\Program FilesPROMPT=$P$GQTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zipRNLOG_BASEKEY=Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\BrowserRecordPluginLogSESSIONNAME=ConsoleSystemDrive=C:SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWSTEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Michelle\LOCALS~1\TempTMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Michelle\LOCALS~1\TempUSERDOMAIN=MICHELLE-E1D0D2USERNAME=MichelleUSERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Michellewindir=C:\WINDOWS-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------Michelle (admin)Administrator (new local, admin)Guest.MICHELLE-E1D0D2 (new local, guest)-- Add/Remove Programs --------------------------------------------------------- --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0 --> C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\{CA255F44-B057-4428-BBE6-50C5022A23C8}\QBReplace... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152075/help-my-browsers-arent-working-properly/
Relevancy 61.92%

thank you very much in advance to whomever helps me out properly programs running aren't when i boot my pc i get a missing dll file from the dragon natually speaking software i uninstalled and a quot windows is running low on virtual memory quot right at startup and my programs aren t working properly firefox crashes after a few minutes operating and some of my programs won t load files properly or at all like my comic book displayer CDisplay and my online games won t boot at all among other problems because of that i m typing my difficulties in my hijack programs aren't running properly this log and i ll add the other logs as soon as possible Logfile of Trend programs aren't running properly Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C programs aren't running properly WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now Client Agentsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BackupSvc exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files SlimDrivers SlimDrivers exe C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Franklin My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook BitLord Security Bar Toolbar - c d - - b-aaa - c dbf - C Program Files BitLord Security Bar prxtbBit dll R - URLSearchHook WhiteSmoke US Toolbar - cce dd-f dd- - e-eaec f ef - C Program Files WhiteSmoke US prxtbWhi dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO BitLord Security Bar - c d - - b-aaa - c dbf - C Program Files BitLord Security Bar prxtbBit dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO WhiteSmoke US - cce dd-f dd- - e-eaec f ef - C Program Files WhiteSmoke US prxtbWhi dll O - BHO Java tm P... Read more

Relevancy 61.49%

My sister has several saved telephone messages from our Mother which she would like to save as audio files. Before deleting them from her phone she would like, if possible, to transfer and save them to a computer or to some portable device. Is it possible to do this? Thank you.

A:Can saved telephone messages be transferred and saved as audio files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-saved-telephone-messages-be-transferred-and-saved-as-audio-files.974168/
Relevancy 61.49%

ok, so everyone is clear. I know how to enable sharing through users and networks. that's not my issue. my issue that when I select more than one folder to do a quick share with through the share with tab, it disappears. so im forced to do one folder at a time. I used to be able to select as many folders as I wanted and use the quick share option. any ideas?

thank you for your time.

A:Sharing options aren't working properly

i ended up figuring it out. it was an incorrect graphic driver that windows updated. I deleted the driver and download the manufacturer drive that I usually get. fixed all issues with the replacement driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328646-sharing-options-arent-working-properly.html
Relevancy 61.49%

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2n6teep.jpg

Check that out any ideas ? Some websites all the format is messed up too!

I'm also having issues downloading games everything is saying the file is corrupt etc

http://i42.tinypic.com/2v3narm.jpg

when i try to install splinter cell I dont just get that msg I get error CRC or something like the files are currupt or can't be located.

all suggestions welcome

A:help! images aren't loading same with websites properly!

Hi and welcome to TSF how much free space is available on your hard drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-images-arent-loading-same-with-websites-properly-749569.html
Relevancy 61.49%

The last few days when I've been viewing websites on any browser (IE, FF, Chrome, Opera), they haven't been loading or displaying properly. Sometimes they're fine but frequently, pages aren't loading entirely, displaying html code. Images are distorted, blurred or looks wrong. Sometimes refreshing the page loads everything and sometimes it doesn't help. Here are some examples.

Same problem on my second computer and on my smart phone. I'm not too sure but I think it might be a connection problem? Anyone have an idea on what the central issue is? I don't think it's a virus since it's happening on multiple platforms. I've already contacted my ISP and they said the connection on their end is fine.

A:Websites aren't displaying/loading properly

Hello, since you are using Windows 7, could you post in the sister site please. : Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/294305-websites-arent-displaying-loading-properly.html
Relevancy 61.49%

The last few days when I've been viewing websites on any browser (IE, FF, Chrome, Opera), they haven't been loading or displaying properly. Sometimes they're fine but frequently, pages aren't loading entirely, displaying html code. Images are distorted, blurred or looks wrong. Sometimes refreshing the page loads everything and sometimes it doesn't help. Here are some examples.

Same problem on my second computer and on my smart phone. I'm not too sure but I think it might be a connection problem? Anyone have an idea on what the central issue is? I don't think it's a virus since it's happening on multiple platforms. I've already contacted my ISP and they said the connection on their end is fine.

A:Websites aren't displaying/loading properly

Saw this on Vistax64. Either a video issue or a connectivity issue.

Can you go to speedtest and check your speeds (speedtest.net)

Can you also give us your system specs so we know what hardware we are dealing with?
By the way Welcome to SevnForums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/205285-websites-arent-displaying-loading-properly.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ever since i installed win XP again my Internet explorer has not opened properly i click the icon and IE opens for about seconds and then dissapears even fromt eh task manager since win not has opened installation properly IE i installed IE but when i install it it says unable to delete old IE install and that i will not be able to delete the new one either when i go to internet explorer folder in program files since i unticked the box after the latest installation today the IE exe file is gone but EVERYTHING else remains that i can rember when i delete this folder the files inside the connection wizzard regerate endlesssly i suspect a virus is present but when i disable third party applications for IE the same thing happens so if it is its a damn powerful one and was included either on my WIN XP CD or deep within my HDD or something i know nothing about folder permissions and viruses and the like however i need IE to do my internet banking and run certain games that just wont run in win IE has not opened properly since installation chrome or win IE has not opened properly since installation firefox i have run out of ideas besides formatting my HDD and taking off almost all the files i have had saved since the late s to try and eliminate any possible viruses which wont help it theres something on my MB or some simple compatabilty error please help me even if you think it might not be of relavence anything you may know that will work or any other forums that have ideas just reply or PM me please i already tried IE fix and a microsoft auto-fixer program and as i said before disabling rd party programs from internet options under browsing but they didnt help at all

A:win IE has not opened properly since installation

Hi -Try a scan with scannow and your CD - Basic directions are below - Close all other programs first -Go Start > Run Box , or Windows Key+R type or copy/paste:sfc /scannowClick OK .Have Windows CD handy . If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CDNext , open Run Box again and copy/paste the code below into the box - CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30Again this will take about 30 mins to run , let it run the full 5 stage check -Basic checks , but you asked for any ideas to start with -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362249/win-ie-has-not-opened-properly-since-installation/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I messed up with my HP tools, when I was trying to install the finger print scanner (tried simple pass and my identity) on my HP 4530s probook (windows 7).

1. Now, I can't use the "quick web" button to open my default browser..
2. I uninstalled the hp connection manager as I was getting an QLB Controller failed error. I am trying to install it again, but after it installs I can't launch as it says "can't load assembly".

3. I can't uninstall the HP Protect tools (they are partially uninstalled, I can't use them), but in the end I get an 1722.

Please help me, I don't know what went wrong. But the problem started when I tried to install the simple pass or My Identity, then tried to uninstall them as they didn't work..

I'll appreciate your help,

thank you

A:HP tools aren't working properly after Finger Print Scanner attempt

Welcome to Seven Forums TechnoKid. Do you have a System Restore point from just before you tried this? Id so, that may be the easiest way. You can click to see what programs are affected before you make the restore point.

System Restore

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/305734-hp-tools-arent-working-properly-after-finger-print-scanner-attempt.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi!!! Another problem! I was innocently chatting using Windows Live Messenger, when I recieved an invitation to accept a file called 'photos.zip', from one of my contacts. I stupidly extracted it and double-clicked on some sort of anonymous file, I think it was called 'webcam_photos_2007_screensaver' or something along those line...

Anyway, at random times, the worm opens up all my online contacts and attempts to send them the 'photos.zip' file, along with a message saying something like 'these are my holiday pictures', and lot of other things.

I have deleted everything to do with photos.zip, and run my AVG virus scanner, where it picks up trojans ( but I believe that is something to do with WinFixer and the WinAntiVirusPro2007 business, which I am currently sorting out). I have run Spybot, McAfee Stinger, but nothing.

HELP?!?!

A:Help! Worm Form Windows Messenger Live Chat! Saved/opened A File Called 'photos.zip'.

Please don't start any more new topics,stick to your initial topic here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95378/help-i-keep-on-getting-the-winantivirus-system-doctor-amaena-errorsafe-winfixer-and-drivecleaner-pop-ups/*This topic is now closed.*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95382/help-worm-form-windows-messenger-live-chat-savedopened-a-file-called-photoszip/
Relevancy 58.05%

Im not sure if this is the able opened to read Documents be properly longer no or right place to post this or not or honestly where I should post this But recently there was a computer who someone jacked up and got all kinds of junk on and I removed Documents no longer able to be read or opened properly most if not all the stuff The actual problem is that now none of their some documents Documents no longer able to be read or opened properly are able to be opened Ive tried all kinds of stuff any word documents or open office documents spreadsheets whatever cant be open and if I force it to be opened I get ascii code or garbled nonsense No matter what the document Old new whatever I even tried transferring some documents to other computers and opening them there but nothing seems to work Is there any way to recover these documents and what may have been the cause to mess up every single file like that If you wish to redirect me to another forum where this might be more relevant that s fine I can also provide a few of the documents here if anyone wants to give them a try Thanks nbsp

A:Documents no longer able to be read or opened properly

First, find the location of your Word, Excel and other programs which you need to use BUT are not opening your documents.

Then in the explorer window, find a file giving you problems

click once to select it, then right click on the file name [a] ->Open
you get a prompt, (*) Select a program and ok
You will get a set of icons for known programs and
* if you see the correct program check the option [x] Always use the selected and click on the ion. click OK
*if not click the Browse button
and you will be in the Program Files directory
Scroll through to find what you want for the file you started with at [a] and select it, click ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/documents-no-longer-able-to-be-read-or-opened-properly.196825/
Relevancy 58.05%

i provided i screenshot because i can't explain the problem exactly. do you guys know what does this mean and how i can fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hard-disk-drive-cant-be-opened-properly-631251.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I opened an Excel file from an email I sent myself then spent a bit of time, well a few hours, adding data. I clicked the disk (save icon) regularly, then without thinking I closed the program. I can't find the file anywhere even when I search everywhere. I've looked in temporary internet files but no joy. How can I get to this secret place where it is saved????
I think it must be similar to this -
http://phaktor7.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/recover-outlook-attachments-saved-to-the-olk-folder/

but it's in Vista so I cant even get the dialogue box.

Help please!!!

A:How do you recover attachments not saved properly?

Look in the registry to find the OLK folder location, then browse to it.
http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/outlook/find-the-microsoft-outlook-temporary-olk-folder/

This is the default. If your computer was configured differently, the files may simply not be there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-recover-attachments-not-saved-properly.737917/
Relevancy 56.76%

Cuz I Cant Connect To Some Ppl With My Router...i Have A Hard Time..

But Without The Router Its Fine..

I Contacted Linksys....but They Said I Needed To Find Out What Ports Need To Be Open..and To Open Them.

A:What Ports On My Router Need To Be Opened For Online Gaming To Work Properly?

read linksys manual on how to open the correct ports for the video game
the ports very from one vender to another

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-ports-on-my-router-need-to-be-opened-for-online-gaming-to-work-properly.82540/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a program where it makes files but the files are not being shown in the folder. I know for a fact that they are being made in the folder but they are missing and have a lock icon over the actual icon.

A:Files I know are there...but aren't there

Try running this program as the administrator then making the folders.
BTW, what program is it anyway?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/56354-files-i-know-there-but-arent-there.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Twice now have I lost an updated file that I had saved properly. Instead the un-updated file went into "temporary files" as ***(1).docx; the, when I tried again, into ***(2).docx, etc.
I.e. the update was lost.
Perhaps it happened before without my noticing it.
Here is the path to the temporary files: Documents and Settings > Owner > Local Settings > Aoplication Data > Opera > Opera > Temporary dowbloads.
My browser is Opera 11.62,; WindowsXP, MSWord 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saved-files-not-saved.1050891/
Relevancy 52.89%

so out of blue Open Program With window pops up i click something and now ALL programs instead of opening give me Acrobat Reader error messages gt gt first thought lets just go to the properties but there's no option to change what opens what anymore that's gotta be a virus i go to opening aren't files .exe my antivirus and its error Acrobat cannot open this bitdefender exe oh kay i cut the internet connection and boot it in safe mode same deal all exes are only tackled by Acrobat maybe .exe files aren't opening there's some weird process running i think ohh that's right task manager is also an executable same goes for cmd found bunch of articles suggesting this ultra-removal-tool and that malware-fixer-upper they all forget that no exe opens changing them to com does not execute them either finally figured out to boot pc safe with cmd prompt to try http windowsxp mvps org exefile htm but i didn't need to change anything in the values the were correct .exe files aren't opening tried to overwrite the regedit file with the correct one from my other pc but did not have TrustedInstaller permission to do that nor could i modify to get it anyway in short something happened to the exe associations im tired of this puzzle help out a newbie its w dell precission and i had updated bitdefender aaand i might even know how i got this gt lt http thepiratebay se torrent Plague Inc Evolved v -click run wanted to see whether its worth of the money like i always do sigh of course back .exe files aren't opening then there were no warning comments either gt gt and yes yes i probably deserve it and i likely learned the lesson now D

A:.exe files aren't opening

whew, migth have panicked a little too early. .reg files were still functioning right. that set whatever has been wrong straight:
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/123734d1292473157-default-file-type-associations-restore-default_exe.reg

thanks to whoever migth have wanted to halp <3 antivirus is scanning but isn't really finding anything. might still come back to panic some more if it repeats :D keep up the good work ;]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541628/exe-files-arent-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

I need serious help Something is deleting every file I attempt to download I get the same message quot file name contained a virus and was deleted quot enclosed in a box which also includes a red colored shield with a white quot x quot inside It does not discriminate even Microsoft files are (including Cannot saved. before Microsoft). files deleted download Files are deleted rather than saved It occurs even in Cannot download files (including Microsoft). Files are deleted before saved. quot safe quot mode Please also note that for some reason I am unable to access your web site except while in quot safe quot mode Per your Cannot download files (including Microsoft). Files are deleted before saved. instructions following is the system info file contents Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard OEM MB IVY Antivirus GFI Software VIPRE Updated and Enabled Likewise the Hijackthis txt File of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files GFI Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Users Edministrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www accessnorthga com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SBAMTray quot C Program Files GFI Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe quot O - HKLM Run SBRegRebootCleaner quot C Program Files GFI Software VIPRE SBRC exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service GFI LanGuard Attendant Service gfi ... Read more

A:Cannot download files (including Microsoft). Files are deleted before saved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-download-files-including-microsoft-files-are-deleted-before-saved.1099471/
Relevancy 52.46%

I decided to do a clean install and before reinstalling the operating system I used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to save my files to a network drive. The file is there and appears to be saved properly....the file name is USMT2.UNC....there are 2 documents w/n called: IMG00001 and status. When I use the wizard to access the files again it gives me this error message: "The location you specified does not contain stored information. Please type a valid folder path into the edit box." How do I recover my files?

A:Files & Settings Transfer Wizard Is Opening My Saved Files

I'm not real familiar with this feature, but I think that you've got to use the FAST wizard to restore the files to your system. Go to Start...All Programs...Accessories...System Tools...Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and launch the dialog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73475/files-settings-transfer-wizard-is-opening-my-saved-files/
Relevancy 52.46%

All of a sudden my avi files will not open. Even highlighting them makes windows explorer close randomly. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

A:Avi files aren't working anymore

Bump

If I need anymore details or something let me know...I will try. Although honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. I can't think of anything specific I could have possibly done to screw it up. I didn't mess with any codecs or anything as far as I can remember. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-arent-working-anymore.517751/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier Version: 10.0.593.0, and each time I run "Analyze" on my Local C: Drive, I come up with a quantity of fragmented and excess fragmented files (such as 600 fragmented files and 4000 excess fragmented files). Everytime I run it now through defragmentation, the fragmented files lowers from x amount to about 30 to 100. The excess fragmented files lowers from x amount to about 1000-2000. I don't understand why the fragmented/excess fragmented files are still there even after defragmentation. When I defragmented before, it say "now you have 99% fewer fragmented files.." etc, but now, its a mere "now you have 30% fewer fragmented files" or some low quantity. I think it might have something to do with my harddrive space, as I only have 27% free space (with total size of 40GB and free space of 9.40 GB).

Any suggestions or comments will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

My little brother was trying to download questhelper for world of warcraft and for some odd reason he clicked on Open with- Internet explorer. Now everytime he tries to download sometime IE starts popping up and closing out over & over again in a seizure like way. He has Window's Vista and I have no clue how to help him fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Downloaded files aren't opening correctly

Use 'System Restore'.

Type Restore into the Start menu search box.

If this problem happened a day or so ago, check the box 'Choose a different restore point'. Choose the most recent date prior to the problem.
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-files-arent-opening-correctly.820414/
Relevancy 51.6%

This one's got me stumped.. I like to have my Firefox downloads folder on my Win7 PC shared to my other PC, which is running XP. I have the folder shared to "myusername; Homegroup; Everyone". I can't seem to figure out why new files that show up in this folder are still not visible to the XP box, and I have to manually share each file in this folder. The icons for new files all have the little padlock overlay.

Thanks for any insight!

A:Newly downloaded files aren't shared

Ok, I tried setting "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments" to "Enabled" within the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), but it didn't fix it. I don't have the same problem when I download a given file with IE, so it seems to be specific to Firefox. I guess I'll try posting at a Firefox forum, but I'll keep checking back here in case someone can point me in the right direction!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11203-newly-downloaded-files-arent-shared.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have tried to open even viewer and command prompt neither one will open. I have tried in safe mode as well as in normal mode. If I am in normal mode for a little bit, the computer blue screens. I have tried to run other programs such as rkill and get errors that state environment could not be loaded. I am new to this whole forum and have looked at other topics, but do not want to follow those instructions due the idea that it may not pertain to this issue. 
Anyone have any ideas?

A:Windows 7 system Files aren't opening

How are you trying to access the Event Viewer and the Command Prompt, via the Search programs and files box?

If this is what you are doing, what happens when you type in the information in the Search box?

Have you used a registry cleaner?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515259/windows-7-system-files-arent-opening/
Relevancy 51.6%

Trying to get a program FREEPDFXP to work the other day I arrived at point viewing the procedure below It came from a Eudora Help page My question however has to do not with getting FREEPDFXP working but with the reasons behind the instructions in the Help file Re Step If you rename those files how is whichever program that might need them going to find them Also re Step how does renaming a aren't when Renaming things working Files file correct a problem I ve run into this more than once I wish I could specify a particular problem where the solution says quot rename a file quot but I don t have one at the moment -------------------------------------- MAPI is not working Document ID HQ ISSUE MAPI doesn t Renaming Files when things aren't working work I can t install MAPI when I double click on the Renaming Files when things aren't working icon nothing happens If I set Eudora s MAPI options to always nothing happens SOLUTION You may have a few corrupt MAPI files on your computer Your best option is to rename the Windows MAPI dll files NOTE You might need to reinstall any programs you have that are currently using MAPI as Renaming Files when things aren't working well The first thing you need to do is close down all applications Search your hard drive for the following files and rename them mapi dll mapi dll Restart your computer Search your hard drive for the file swmapi exe Double click to install it Open Eudora go to Tools Options MAPI Set quot Use Eudora MAPI server Always quot Reinstall EIS and perform a HotSync NOTE If you cannot see your HotSync Conduit you will need to do the following Close all open windows search your hard drive for the file called win ini Open it and add the following lines MAIL mapi mapix Restart your computer and perform a HotSync again nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have reformated my hard drive and am attempting to replace saved .dbx files to outlook express. Unable to recognize them. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] .dbx files aren't recognized in outlook express

Welcome to TSF....

The dbx files have to be imported into outlook express so if you just copy the directory to your hard drive that they are in and use the import function on the file menu you should be alright, jsut copying the dbx files into outlook will not work because they are not getting registered by outlook express.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dbx-files-arent-recognized-in-outlook-express-242265.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Virus I think or something else My CPU runs Norton Anti-Virus and does a full scan once a week Recently these showed up download straight html download straight html download straight html prompt php topdial htm I can t delete them or quarantine them They are reported to be in an IE Contents folder in my temp folder but I don t have any content folders and my settings are to view all hidden and system files I have also done a search for all of them individually with the machine...antivirus there? finding that aren't in files Ghosts no luck Are they hiding somewhere else or is this a mistake with Norton I then ran Ad Aware SB S amp D and HT to get rid of some stuff I could recognize I restarted the computer It took minutes to reboot I started IE and it took over minutes Ghosts in the machine...antivirus finding files that aren't there? to come up I tried to open Norton and that also took an excrutiating amount of time Once things open they seem to work but very sluggishly At one point I was cutting and pasting some text from email to Microsoft Word and it took over minute for the paste to take effect I remember reading once that this delay was sign of a virus but I don t remember which one nor if I did would I know what to do about it I just downloaded and ran the latest CWS nothing deleted SB S amp D keeps removing the same exploits ran it four times and Ad Aware which found six files in my java folders and some other stuff the older version of AA didn t find Removed them all Below is my HT But I don t think I ve been highjacked I think I have a virus Also very curious about the five files Norton is finding that don t really seem to be there Thanks for your help Jarkeld ia Afraid to restart the computer in case it gets worse Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C PROGRA NORTON navw exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Josh s Stuff Computer Issues Spyware Stuff Lavasoft Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com old R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com O - BHO Ghosts Popup-Killer - - - - - e af - C Program Files Ghosts popup dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar -Popup - - - - - e af - C Program Files Ghosts popup dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run NeroFil... Read more

A:Ghosts in the machine...antivirus finding files that aren't there?

Can anyone tell me what they think about restarting the machine? Could that aggrevate the problem?

J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ghosts-in-the-machine-antivirus-finding-files-that-arent-there.298099/
Relevancy 51.17%

On my computer hard drive I now have wav files and mpeg files that I have downloaded from my Handycam DCR-SX I can see that some of the files SonyHandycam mpeg files as and wav saved files are saved as Windows Media Audio Video files I did that by accident because I had downloaded some files SonyHandycam files saved as wav and mpeg files earlier that wouldn SonyHandycam files saved as wav and mpeg files t open mpeg files so when I downloaded and while SonyHandycam files saved as wav and mpeg files the downloading window was still open I searched around and did a conversion to wav files The wav files open and I can hear the audio and see the picture Good So now I have these mpeg files and with each there are also two small files and I can t remember the extension When I click on the mpeg files that are stored on my computer I get the Player can t open message and nothing else is offered I m running out of space on the hard drive I m going crazy trying to remember which is which and I think that some of the mpeg files have NOT been converted but I can t figure out how to open to check that I haven t already converted them and convert them Obviously I only know enough to be dangerous Thanks in advance for weighing in

A:SonyHandycam files saved as wav and mpeg files

WMP can open video files, as long as it's the default selection...and the proper codecs are in the system. I suspect that you need to install codecs package.http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../faq/codec.mspxMpeg files...come as a single file. They do not come in pairs of sub-files, they can be split into audio and video components...but they should not normally be so.Per Sony, output is SD (not HD).Post the file extensions involved, please.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302153/sonyhandycam-files-saved-as-wav-and-mpeg-files/
Relevancy 51.17%

I saved some outlook files in a folder on my server but didn't use the export feature to send them as a pst file. Now I'm having a problem transferring them back. Is there any way I could get them back to outlook?

Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Powerpoint with all updates applied through a WSUS server Several slideshows that previously were working are now giving the error quot PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text images or objects on slides in the file quot myfile ppt quot because they have become corrupted Affected slides have been replaced by blank slides in the presentation and it is not possible to recover the lost information To ensure that the file can 2003 files that corrupt corrupted Powerpoint reporting AREN'T be opened in previous versions of PowerPoint Powerpoint 2003 reporting corrupted files that AREN'T corrupt us the Save As command File Menu and save the file with either the same or a new name quot This is happening on all my machines BUT I CAN open the exact same file with no problems by either using PowerPoint or OpenOffice This is not a pptx file created in a later version It was created and edited with PowerPoint It has just stopped working The only two uninstalled updates on the machines are Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile for Windows XP x KB and Microsoft NET Framework for Windows XP x KB Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated Thank you Patrick nbsp

A:Powerpoint 2003 reporting corrupted files that AREN'T corrupt

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2543241

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerpoint-2003-reporting-corrupted-files-that-arent-corrupt.996063/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need help I am a MMD designer so naturally i work with models that contain katana When i want to save my work I am unable to do this I need to stuff them in a zip so that I can download them later I'm basically backing them up on Mediafire so i can preserve space and ram Usually i upload them if they have NO usage what so ever Models can be up to - mb being the biggest and thats usually when more then model is inside Well basically I am unable to to put the model in a zip because her files textures and spa and stuff are all in Japanese Well this wouldn't be so bad and i would change it if it didn't involve ruining the model itself When you rename a model's texture It vanishes from that model turning it white or deforming it Is there a way to put her in a zip I'm not changing her aren't and files allowed Japanese Chinese in Zips Korean , Katana characters just because it disagrees with them I've worked too hard on her

A:Japanese , Korean and Chinese files aren't allowed in Zips

Oh wow thanks soooooo much for the Help you guys I really Appreciate it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58055-japanese-korean-chinese-files-arent-allowed-zips.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have :

tried running the regedit thing when creating a file and naming it reg with the correct coading as found online

tried downloading an exe xp file found online to correct problem

tried manually opening with but have no idea the correct exe file to open it with there are thousands in system 32

When i went to hkey classes and i tried to follow steps online, the exe folder only has one other folder in it, and that is default and content type. I read there was supposed to be more.

I have restored my system but this is still a problem.

When i go to 'set associations' exe is not there. If i download a file and its exe on chrome though it works through the browser.

A:EXE. Files cannot be opened and have tried EVERYTHING!

Hi,file association problem run the attached .zip file and double click on the returned .reg file select "merge" Restart computer

Attachment 86194

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/exe-files-cannot-be-opened-and-have-tried-everything-547406.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I download software (or an app from CB) and open the download I find that often at least one file, when I open it, has become unusable. In appearance the file is now shown as an oblong outline with the top rt. hand corner turned down. Inside is a square with three 'tear drop' shapes side by side.

When I click to open, a pop-up opens and advises that I should check the web to find a prog with which to open the file. I've not found a prog yet with which to do this.

Please, does anyone recognise any of this ? It's dogged me for months and
ruined any chance of using good d/l's I urgently need in order to earn cash.

Using: XPpro/ Firefox/ AVG/ I'd really appreciate some positive help. Please, don't speculate : I'm 76 and very slow. I really need positive help !

A:D/L files cannot be opened.

[/QUOTE]When I click to open, a pop-up opens and advises that I should check the web to find a prog with which to open the file.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me what file's you are referring to?, are they .exe file's, torrent's? or something different?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/d-l-files-cannot-be-opened-632695.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My pc was updating automatically when I switched it on this morning. When the updating finished and log on the system, I cannot open anything, even internet explorer, all files. It shows"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."Please tell me what is the problem with it, what should I do to get it back to work?

A:all files cannot be opened

Can you try safe-mode and/or last known good configuration - perhaps the last known etc. first?This link discusses Last Known Good Config etc.:http://tinyurl.com/ng2s2v8Also try the System Restore Point routine, which simply restores the operating system to a time previous to the updates...This link discusses System Restore Points...http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/...System Restore Points option may resolve it.. so perhaps worth a try first?Do NOT entertain/try the Factory Restore/Reset routine; as this "will' very likely erase all your "personal" files in the process. Before going down that path one would be wise to try the above options first; and also take relatively simple steps to safeguard your personal files - before going to a true Factory Restore/Reset...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/all-files-cannot-be-opened/1805.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry software newbie here I've been getting this message for heaps of things recently First noticed it trying to use Trillian's profile editor now noticed it applies to anything that connects the Internet to one of my programs but I can still play games and chat If that makes any sense For example Bad company can be played Files opened be can't online but the updater causes this problem I also get it trying to run programs rather than save them when I download and uploading anything anywhere just comes up with errors I couldn't update Spybot or Malewarebytes but Files can't be opened I re-downloaded the latest versions of both and scanned to no avail a few pieces of minor tracking cookies and the like which I deleted before Files can't be opened restarting to find the same problem Registry checkers all say that everything's fine and messing with security settings in ways suggested in a few places on this forum didn't help so plz help I feel like I've tried everything

A:Files can't be opened

Howdy,

First off, Welcome to SF.

Second, What is your anti-virus?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/123141-files-cant-opened.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,everyone:
My os is windows7 evaluation copy build 7100.Yesterday, I installed the Deepfreeze 6.61 on my computer.At first,everything works well,but questions came at my second reboot.Driver C is not accessible.
When I doubleclick the shortcuts on my desktop ,the corresponding programs doesn't run.It says'These files can't be opened'.But some of them can be run from the start menu.And the kaspersky,Deepfreeze didn't start when windows boot,their icons didn't show on the notification area.Maybe the problem is Deepfreeze.I want to uninstall it,but I can't call it out by the hot key Shift+Alt+Ctrl+F6.Worse still,most of the system programs such as task manager are not working.
Somebody help me please,thank you very much.

A:Help!'These files can't be opened'

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Usually you can do this by pressing F8 during boot up and a black and white menu will appear, you can now choose SAFE MODE. Once you get to your desktop try uninstall the software as usual. Then reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/35800-help-these-files-cant-opened.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been running Backups regularly using the Control Panel, Backup and Restore Center. I've recently noticed however that my movie files weren't being backed up.

The file type is '.MOD' saved by Panasonic camcorders.

The 'video' and 'additional files' boxes are checked in the settings dialog.

I spotted the problem after adding loads of movies to the computer and noticing the backup didn't need a new DVD (previous one nearly full) then I checked the backup files and '.MOI' files were copied from the folders but not the '.MOD' files.

Is there any way of getting the backup utility to recognise these files?

Thanks.

A:Vista Backup and Restore runs but movie files aren't copied.

Still got this problem.

Can anyone help me with a way of defining which file types the backup will recognise.

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/191560-vista-backup-restore-runs-but-movie-files-arent-copied.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I had found a solution to this problem before, but now I can't find it. I want to display a list of all files (and websites) I have opened. Not just the Recent Items on the Start menu. It was a folder and it had a list of all files (maybe shortcuts?) opened going back I don't know how long.
Thanks for your help. EZ

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395607-display-all-files-opened.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For the last months or so my Dad has been unable to open his Office files which show up with the extension ZEPTO - this looks like and in Dad's end files can't - ZEPTO be all Help opened ransomware although he hasn't received one I just found out Help - Dad's files all end in ZEPTO and can't be opened about it which is why it has been whole months - I personally would not have been able to live that long Logs below - thanks for any assistance Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by John administrator on ANTIPODEAN - - Running from C Users John Downloads Loaded Profiles John Available Profiles John Platform Windows Pro Version X Language English United Kingdom Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows System CxAudMsg exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ClickToRun OfficeClickToRun exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Windows reg Win DDK provider C Windows System DbxSvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System ibtsiva exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Windows SysWOW irstrtsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Antivirus Ad-Aware Antivirus AdAwareService exe Rosetta Stone Ltd C Program Files x RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneDaemon exe Protexis Inc C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW SASrv exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Windows System TODDSrv exe Toshiba Corporation C Program Files TOSHIBA Teco TecoService exe Intel Corporation C Windows Temp irstrtsv scrncap exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe C Windows System igfxTray exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft SkypeApp x kzf qxf zg c SkypeHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent CAudioFilterAgent exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files x TOSHIBA System Setting TssSrv exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files TOSHIBA Hotkey TCrdMain Win exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Hotkey Hotkey TCrdKBB exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Microsoft Corporation C Users John AppData Local Microsoft BingSvc BingSvc exe C Program Files x SaferVPN SaferVPN exe C Program Files x DTS Inc DTS Studio Sound dts apo service exe Second Nature Software Inc C Program Files x Second Nature Snsicon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe I... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629371/help-dads-files-all-end-in-zepto-and-cant-be-opened/
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows Ultimate bit UAC Disabled Toshiba Satellite be Your files Help: Internet... opened. can't These p Help: These files can't be opened. Your Internet... Hi there I turned on my computer this morning and suddenly all hell has broken loose Every time I try and open an exe file I get a Windows Security alert box telling me that quot These files can't be opened Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened quot I've read through every thread I can find on the topic and none of the quot answers quot have worked for me I can start programs and essentially open exe files if I open them via an associated file type For example I managed to start firefox by opening an html document and I've got thunderbird open through the use of an eml file I can't start cmd regedit msconfig etc unless I boot the computer in safe mode with command prompt Safe mode by itself still produces the same quot Windows Security quot dialogue boxes I have tried the following common quot solutions quot with no luck Right click the exe click Properties Click the Unblock button Click OK Adding exe to Control Pannel gt Windows Defender gt Tools gt Options gt Excluded file types Start Control Panel Internet Options Internet Options control panel appears Click quot Security quot tab Click quot Local Intranet quot Drag slider to quot Low quot Click quot Sites quot button Click quot Advanced quot button Enter the IP Address of the NAS SMB CIFS whatever server and click quot Add quot Click quot Close quot Remove the registry key - HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FolderTypes EF B CB-F CE- - - CA C E C TopViews - - - - Creating a completely new admin profile - This one was interesting when I logged into the account there was no aero theme - it went right back to basics So any ideas Thanks in advance

A:Help: These files can't be opened. Your Internet...

Rather than suffer with this problem, I would try a system restore, that is what the feature is for.

In lieu of that, what happened last night? Did you install a new program, was there any other incident that could have caused this?

If there is no other answer, it could be a virus. Run your Anti Virus. Download and use Malwarebytes.

You can also try to disable your A/V, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59048-help-these-files-cant-opened-your-internet.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,my husbands laptop got lately the issue, that he can't open files. He always get's this messageI used google and found some posts and I tried them and still the same issue :-( .... Anyone out there who can help me to fix the problem?OS: Windows7 64bitFirefox 3.6.12

A:These files can't be opened - message

Expand 'Show Details' and see which files can't be opened. Then click on the blue lettering telling you "Why can't these files be opened" and see what it says.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358942/these-files-cant-be-opened-message/
Relevancy 49.45%

Every time I try to open any of my files/applications/programs, the computer opens up a media player. Can't access anything ending in .exe
What do I do?? What is causing this??

Relevancy 49.45%

Some of the files in my documents Word documents Excel docs pictures etc cannot be opened any more because some hacker left a note saying that payment must be made at paytordmbdekmizq pay tor com in order to decrypt the files before I can use them again I've heard of this being called file ransom CryptoWall Norton scanned one of the folders involved and found nothing Can anyone tell what my options are right now Also how would the hacker get into my pc in the first place Could it be by simply clicking on his site I'm pretty careful about not installing unknown exe files Does of any be my a because files opened me hacker him more wants cannot pay to Some anyone have any ideas of how this happened and what I can do in the future to prevent it from happening Also I've used Norton for over years Was this a case of Norton missing it If I purchase new anti-virus software does anyone have a Some of my files cannot be opened any more because a hacker wants me to pay him recommendation for a good one that Some of my files cannot be opened any more because a hacker wants me to pay him wouldn't miss something like this Edit Moved topic from Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Some of my files cannot be opened any more because a hacker wants me to pay him

A repository of all current knowledge regarding CryptoWall is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CryptoWall and DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION Ransomware Information Guide and FAQReading that Guide will help you understand what CryptoDefense does and provide information for how to deal with it and possibly decrypt/recover your files.There is also a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: CryptoWall - new variant of CryptoDefense. Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.ThanksThe BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552668/some-of-my-files-cannot-be-opened-any-more-because-a-hacker-wants-me-to-pay-him/
Relevancy 49.45%

Dear All,

Please kindly give a hand

A:Local Css Files Cannot Be Opened

Open it in a text editor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/local-css-files-cannot-be-opened-73364.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Saved files don`t show on desktop screen until i hit refresh, Windows 8.1. e.g. I click save image as, select desktop, and they go to as in my attachment (file explorer) not on the actual desktop screen.. Any ideas please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/saved-files-1039921.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For some reason any .exe file I try to run now brings up the "open with" box wanting to know if it should be opened with notepad et al. 1) what could have caused this and 2) how can I get the system to start recognizing .exe files again? Thanks loads in advance(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

A:.exe Files Start Asking To Be Opened In Applications

Hello rcribb1. Click on your Start Menu, then Run.Copy in assoc .exe= exefileHit OKDoes the problem persist?With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149836/exe-files-start-asking-to-be-opened-in-applications/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it here A while ago I formated by computer I have harddrives one with my video editing files music soundeffects video files etc and the other for windows and other programs The harddrive containing the media files was not touched during files Please be Alot cannot help! my media of opened. the formating I actually plugged it out to absolutely sure I am terrified of loosing that material that nothing happened but I guess it wasn't that easy My computer is working all fine but strangely enough about of all the media files on that second harddrive is not functioning S Some of them is just kb and others have their full size but still cannot be opened This is a absulute dissaster because many of the files is belonging to a movie we have just finished I first thought that it could be a virus but my McAfee antivirus is up to date and it didnt find anything I also tryed to play a series of sound effects from cs The files that are not working is all random I can see no simularities between the files that are working and those who arent This is a sound effect of a punch that is one of those not working If this one could give a clue to anyone maybe it will help http www diskusjon no index php ac post amp id Please reply If this cannot be fixed I don't know what I'll do Computer specs gb Seagate Barracuda s-ata drive gb Western Digital s-ata drive P ghz s gb PC DDR ram Radeon x gto mb gpu

A:Alot of my media files cannot be opened. Please help!

What is 'cs'?

Regarding the second hard drive with all your "video editing files, music, soundeffects video files etc". Does this drive have any software that you use to do your editing or is all the editing software on the main hard drive.

If you installed the editing software to the second drive then formatted and reinstalled Win XP to the main hard drive you have to reinstall all the software also because you are missing all the registry entries.

Lydokane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/alot-of-my-media-files-cannot-be-opened-please-help-143727.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Alright here is the case. I open up MS Word and of coarse you get a blank page. But when you try and open a word file it displays the picture as shown below (first picture). Now when i try and close MS Word, an event happens as shown by the second picture. I click no and yep, you get the third picture. I then cancel this window and i end up back into word, just minus the blank page or open file. Trying to close MS Word again i get the fourth picture and I click no, which now closes word. Overall I just want to be able open a file, and close MS Word without these problems. The fourth picture shows what programs are running in the system tray.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone I run a any virus program on my computer and they tell me there are certain files that cannot be opened I m running windows xp profesional here are the files that it can t open C WARNING Access error file locked Access denied Error during file opening Error code x WARNING Access error file locked C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaRelated virus opened program be Files Can't by zip ArchiveType ZIP NOTE Files Can't be opened by virus program The whole archive is password protected C Documents and Settings Chicagorican NTUSER DAT Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked ntuser dat LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked C Documents and Settings Chicagorican Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked UsrClass dat LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access Files Can't be opened by virus program error file Files Can't be opened by virus program locked C Documents and Settings LocalService NTUSER DAT Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked ntuser dat LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked C Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked UsrClass dat LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked C Documents and Settings NetworkService NTUSER DAT Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked ntuser dat LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked C Documents and Settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked UsrClass dat LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked C Program Files WindowsUpdate V iucert cab ArchiveType CAB Microsoft -- gt iucert txt The archive type was excluded from search C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YUDPTEMP EX ArchiveType CAB Microsoft -- gt yudptemp exe NOTE Bad header Error Could not change directory System Volume Information C WINDOWS system config default Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked default LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked SAM Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked SAM LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked SECURITY Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked SECURITY LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked software Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked software LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked system Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked system LOG Access denied Error during file opening Error code x D WARNING Access error file locked Access denied Error during file opening Error code x C WINDOWS system drivers WARNING Access error file locked nbsp

A:Files Can't be opened by virus program

Thats normal and nothing to worry about. As for the Spybot backups they can be deleted by selecting the recovery option in spybot and deleting the entries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-cant-be-opened-by-virus-program.427244/
Relevancy 49.02%

getting error message when trying to run an .exe file

these files can't be opened...

your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened ..

i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )

can anyone suggest what I can do

thanks

ps I moved the .exe file to my C drive and it ran and installed ok.....can't think why this should be

A:can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

Originally Posted by reddwarf4ever

getting error message when trying to run an .exe file

these files can't be opened...

your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened ..

i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )

can anyone suggest what I can do

thanks

ps I moved the .exe file to my C drive and it ran and installed ok.....can't think why this should be

Bump could someone please help me.....thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/17965-cant-run-install-file-these-files-cant-opened.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Gang,

I'm in the correct forum thanks to a friend's directions. I am XP. My recycle bin worked fine until I removed "old" registry files by way of TuneUp Utilities 2004. Now I only see the "flashlight" looking for files once I open Recycle Bin. I have deleted multiple files but the recycle bin does not seem to "see" them and looks via the "flashlight" illustration without success. Even right clicking and choosing explore shows the flashlight looking without success.

What do you suggest to try?

Thanks,
davidrs

A:No files found in the Recycle Bin once opened.

davidrs said:

Hi Gang,

I'm in the correct forum thanks to a friend's directions. I am XP. My recycle bin worked fine until I removed "old" registry files by way of TuneUp Utilities 2004. Now I only see the "flashlight" looking for files once I open Recycle Bin. I have deleted multiple files but the recycle bin does not seem to "see" them and looks via the "flashlight" illustration without success. Even right clicking and choosing explore shows the flashlight looking without success.

What do you suggest to try?

Thanks,
davidrsClick to expand...

1. Go to start/run/regedit
2. Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
3. From the Edit menu select New - Key
4. Enter a name of "{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"
5. Select the new key and double click on (Default). Set to "Recycle Bin" and click OK
6. Close the registry editor
7. Press F5 on the desktop for the Recycle bin to appear.
8. If it does not appear, restart and hit F5 again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-files-found-in-the-recycle-bin-once-opened.422345/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey,

How do I create a log of all files and programs oped by users?

Thanks
deanpcmad

A:Create A Log Of All Files And Programs Opened

Could use a prog like this one-http://chemware.co.nz/usrlog.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121532/create-a-log-of-all-files-and-programs-opened/
Relevancy 49.02%

In open dialog box (of an Excel 2010 file) in path File > open, there is a drop-down list for Open button. One of them is, open in browser. When Excel files can be opened in browser (Web browser, e.g., Chrome) please?

A:When Excel files can be opened in browser?

Hi Read the Link below .. It should answer your questions ...
Chrome Office Viewer: Office Files in Chrome Directly

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/335902-when-excel-files-can-opened-browser.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I'm having problem with my son's laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150, Windows XP Professional). The laptop was virus un-protected for a while, and dude must had been searched all sorts of websites. What I got was a blue screen with no access to Windows. I wiped out hard drive and re-installed Windows and drivers. Also installed Shield Deluxe 2008 anti-virus utility. No virus or spyware was detected. However, on every attempt to open any program or browser, the numerous Help files are popping up, blocking the application access. On a top of it, the performance is as slow as never before. Please, pour out your thoughts on what could be wrong with it.

A:Help files keep popping up whenever any program is opened

Maybe your F1 button is stuck? ;-)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-files-keep-popping-up-whenever-any-program-is-opened.621256/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

On Windows SP2, I think since the SP2 update, .html files are not opened (if clicked) by Explorer, but by Word. If I try Open with ..., Explorer is not even listed among the programs available. If I browse and select Explorer from its location and click open, nothing happens.

The only way to open .html files is to start up Explorer first, and then with browse select the file to open.

This is the case with *all* html files, old or new, even saved with Explorer.

.vrml files are associated with Explorer OK, in their case the icon is shown and they open automatically with Explorer.

Any idea how to get .html files associated with Explorer?
Or cure Explorer?

Thanks,

Zsofi

A:Html files cannot be opened with Explorer

Do you mean explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe (aka Internet Explorer)?

Welcom to Techspot :hotbounce , BTW!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/html-files-cannot-be-opened-with-explorer.17819/
Relevancy 49.02%

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask the question The problem is - iTunes has been linked for some years to my old Toshiba Netbook OS - XP but I now have a new PC - Microsoft Surface Pro OS - Windows I have installed ITunes on my new PC I moved my ITunes Folder to the new PC including my playlists and my Apps but have hit a snag - all my music and playlists are showing in My Music cannot be ITunes after My to new Files PC transfer opened and in ITunes on the new PC but do not open and play I get an error message which My ITunes Files cannot be opened after transfer to new PC says quot song could not be used because the original file could not be found Would you like to locate it quot I am new to Windows and am am a beginner improver at IT Have I somehow placed the files in the wrong place on the new PC and not where iTunes expects the files to be Can somebody help please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-itunes-files-cannot-be-opened-after-transfer-to-new-pc.1156256/
Relevancy 49.02%

I tried to download a PDF file through hotmail using Mozilla Firefox browser. When I clicked on download, it gave me an option window to open file from AcroExch (Default) or other program or save to file. I chose save to file option and it saved OK. Later when I tried to open the file from the saved location it never loaded adobe acrobat, neither it opened any file. I tried to open other PDF files to check if the downloaded file was corrupted. I couldn't open any PDF files. Now Acrobate.exe does not even load. However I can log off the current user and log in with different user and be able to open that file but not from that user account that I originally downloaded the file from. How do I fix this problem? Is there something wrong with Registry file?

Ajayone

A:Adobe Acrobat.exe/PDF files cannot be opened

http://www.techsupportforum.com/show...417#post273417

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-acrobat-exe-pdf-files-cannot-be-opened-55958.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi forgive Be Opened! Windows Can't Security: These Files me for starting a new thread on this but I've looked back over all the other related threads and can't find Windows Security: These Files Can't Be Opened! an exact match or a solution I first noticed this problem yesterday after starting up my pc I'm using Photoshop and adobe bridge when I click on a thumbnail in bridge to open it in photoshop I get the message 'These Files can't be opened' amp 'Your internet security settings prevented one or more files frome being opened' I don't understand how internet security settings can be interfering with a program like photoshop I tried downloading an update for adobe bridge but when I try to install it I get the same message I've tried altering my internet security settings as advised in the other threads here but it makes no difference I have defender switched off and McAfee AV running I also tried disabling McAfee AV but that didn't help with the problem either I've run a full system AV scan with zero issues detected I've also tried system restores at different points and still no luck When I try the restore it scans for a report on all the programs etc that will be deleted and yet when I carry out the restore they are all still present and working confusing eh I'm really hoping someone can help me with this as I'm a working photographer and photoshop is an essential tool for me Many Thanks Paul

A:Windows Security: These Files Can't Be Opened!

"I've tried altering my internet security settings as advised in the other threads here but it makes no difference."

^ By that you mean that you went into the IE control panel (named Internet Options) and set all the zones (four of them) to default? There are a couple of settings in there that don't change back to defaults-- even if you click reset zones. In this case I would check the Internet zone

Firefox, messenger and many other programs refer to the IE zone settings.

Quote: Originally Posted by Forgie

Hi, forgive me for starting a new thread on this but I've looked back over all the other related threads and can't find an exact match or a solution.

I first noticed this problem yesterday after starting up my pc. I'm using Photoshop and adobe bridge, when I click on a thumbnail in bridge (to open it in photoshop) I get the message 'These Files can't be opened' & 'Your internet security settings prevented one or more files frome being opened'. I don't understand how internet security settings can be interfering with a program like photoshop. I tried downloading an update for adobe bridge but when I try to install it I get the same message.

I've tried altering my internet security settings as advised in the other threads here but it makes no difference. I have defender switched off and McAfee AV running, I also tried disabling McAfee AV but that didn't help with the problem either. I've run a full system AV scan with zero issues detected.

I've also tried 3 system restores at different points and still no luck. When I try the restore it scans for a report on all the programs etc that will be deleted and yet when I carry out the restore they are all still present and working.......confusing eh?

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this as I'm a working photographer and photoshop is an essential tool for me.

Many Thanks

Paul

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/121404-windows-security-these-files-cant-opened.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys, I need your help with something I screwed up in the Registry.

I kept getting the proxy problem where I unchecked it and it would check itself.

So I went into Safe Mode and went into the Internet Setting option and changed the values for the proxy to 0.

For some reason my dumb ass right clicked on internet settings inside the registry and clicked permission. I removed all permissions or something like that which is causing everything that i open to display this message.

Windows Security [These files can't be opened, Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened.]

It also wont let me open the registry anymore :/ which is why I am worried. Is there any way someone can make me a reg file that can reset my setting with me just running the reg file on my computer.

A:Windows Security, These files can't be opened

You might be able to use 'free' Registrar Lite. Download Resplendent Registrar Registry Manager Lite - MajorGeeks

If you can download it, "save" it to you downloads. Don't click "run".
If you are able to open the file, make sure every 'bundled' application is unchecked, before installing!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/362728-windows-security-these-files-cant-opened.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new Dell purchased Finds Cannot Files Opened Which Search Be with Vista installed in Feb This is the first problem I've had of any kind with the box or the OS In May I transferred key files from my MHz workhorse via SneakerNet including some jpg's then forgot Search Finds Files Which Cannot Be Opened about them Recently I started to reorganize my photos and went looking for my jpg's MS's Search finds the files in the appropriate folder including the usual property information and even a thumbnail But the files cannot be opened and Win Explorer does not show even the folder The folder name does not include any illegal or even unusual characters the most exotic character is the space The Search result confirms that I did copy the files where I think I did Search also shows I did not move these files elsewhere on the PC then forget about it Possible clues The missing files are all under one particular folder which is still accessible I happened to copy all the jpg's there All other Search Finds Files Which Cannot Be Opened documents which I brought over from the old PC and which I placed in other folders are still visible to Search and fully accessible Possible cause I run a pro-active regime of firewall anti-virus a couple of anti-spywares a temp old backup file removal product which I review carefully before deleting and a couple of registry cleaners which I use conservatively also subject to careful review I realize it's possible that one of the registry cleaners has done me wrong -- especially since a simple delete would presumably have removed the file from the Search wouldn't it But why would a registry cleaner affect this particular folder and leave all the others alone So far I think this is a possible but unlikely cause Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated DennisInNYC Using PC's Since DOS

A:Search Finds Files Which Cannot Be Opened

If these files were imported from another operating system (as in a boot drive now slaved to Vista) you have a simple permissions problem.

Click Properties>Securities>Advanced>Owner and take ownership of the file. You should have full access then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/search-finds-files-which-cannot-be-opened-207110.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a group of 5 users that have access to a shared folder on our network. Is there a way for each of these users at any given time to find out who has what files opened? MS Office will show this info but say it was a text document, is this possible?

A:Who has what network share files opened

No, but if you have access to the system that has the shares, you can go into Computer Management (on that system) and find out.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-has-what-network-share-files-opened.759161/
Relevancy 49.02%

The first was sent through a user trusted website (tf2outpost.com). I downloaded it, opened it and a few hours later my most valuable steam items were traded away. I just opened another one very recently through Steam's chat service.

How can I remove them and prevent them from doing any more harm?

A:Downloaded and opened two .scr files, infected.

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554245/downloaded-and-opened-two-scr-files-infected/
Relevancy 48.59%

i posted a request for help yesterday but got no help so i'll try again. when i try to open files from my memory stick. ie cv's and letters on office one v7 fom vista they keep showing as symbols, letters and numbers on the screen and scattered everywhere. the files that they where originally written on the stick where done on an xp computer. is there any way of fixing this problem so they can be read properly. or can you help me find the software i need to open and read the files. any help will do.i desperately need some of these files. thanks.

A:please help me read my saved files

What program(s) were this used in before saving to the memory stick?
What program(s) are trying to open these files with from the memory stick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-read-my-saved-files.623991/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have windows 8.1, which is not allowing me to save files any files except to the desktop, my documents, downloads, pictures, music, and video!

Do other windows 8.1 users have this issue to where files are not able to be saved either?

I think I found the culprit in the security tab about preventing files from be saved, however, I do not know how to fix the issue in security tab?

How is the issue to be fixed to where I am able to have control and save my files?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Mancala

A:Windows 8.1 not allows files to be saved?

Hello Mancala,

By default, Windows (since Vista) will not let you save anything from an external source directly to a system folder. You will only be able to directly save to one of your folders in your "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder instead. Afterwards, you will be able to copy/move the file from that location to a system folder if you like.

This is done as a security measure to prevent malware from being able to easily directly access Windows system files and folders.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54432-windows-8-1-not-allows-files-saved.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I save a file to my C drive, (like a Jpg for example) then go into my C drive to view it, the file isn't there.
But when I am saving another file, I can see the first file in the C drive, only in the "Save Window", not when I go to the drive itself.
Make sense?

Any help is appreciated.

A:Unable to see saved files...help!

Refreash the pane, the button on the right of the address bar, or F5.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37670-unable-see-saved-files-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

OK I know enough to get me around in the computer world so please forgive me if I'm slow Last night my husband was doing some computer 'housekeeping' and making some space by getting rid of old files and burning things onto discs He ran across a file folder marked 'nethood' and when he opened it there were at least a dozen more file folders with names like 'don and deb' 'laurie's stuff' 'lonnie' etc They're totally not ours He opened and looked into each one and of them are seemingly harmless things like pictures and word documents Weird thing is Someone Saved Our Else's On Computer?! Files that at least some of them look like they're local people For instance Someone Else's Files Saved On Our Computer?! we've been getting phone calls for a local artist ever since we moved here years ago that apparently Someone Else's Files Saved On Our Computer?! had our phone number before we did His name is Don his wife is Deb and they have at least one child named Jessie or Jessica The folder named Don and Deb was FULL of pictures that look like they were taken locally and some school papers by 'Jessie' - weird There was also another folder that had a word doc with a list of coworkers and we could tell it was a local business here We live in a community of people that are most retired How could all these folders be from local people Anyway my husband spent a good chunk of time going to each folder and 'deleting' access to the 'network' How can we even have a network in the first place We have fiber optic internet kind of similar to DSL high speed and from my understanding it's always 'on' But we don't' have a wireless hub or anything I know we don't have a hardware firewall and I don't think we have a software firewall but how could all these seemingly 'local' people decide to use our computer to store their useless info Also I noticed about a year ago that that every now and then we would have printers added to our computer We didn't recognize them so we would delete them they would have names like dondeb or dizzy but new ones would appear occasionally Is this just a firewall issue I'm already planning to drive the hour long trip to a 'real' town so I can buy a firewall I read the firewall tutorial-awesome and THANKS Is this a normal thing to have happen My husband also made copies of the files so we can 'track these people down' - but whan can we do We noticed in the properties of one of the files that it had been modified minutes before we found the files but my husband was on the computer at the time and surfing didn't even know that it was happening What can you tell me

A:Someone Else's Files Saved On Our Computer?!

First of all there are several excellent freeware firewall programs, unless you just have your heart set on spending money.
About the mysterious files. back in '97 when i was beta testing a cable internet service, they had forgot to secure the local access. everyone on our sevice could see and access each other. If you are familar with '98 you can see what kind of nightmare that was. The point of all of this is you should be in contact with your ISP. See if they are aware of the problem. ssecond install one of the freeware firewalls until you can purchase the one you want. That will "Close the tap".
Go to start, then My Network Places. On the left side of the window, haft way down, is a button "Entire Network". Click on it. It will show you everyone who has access to your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69877/someone-elses-files-saved-on-our-computer/
Relevancy 48.59%

My CPU is almost dead. I am going to start using a new PC can I transfer all my files from my old PC to my new PC? If so how do I do this w/o saving every application on a 3 1/2 inch floppy, one by one?

A:Can I transfer saved files from one CPU to Another?

Just put the old hard drive in the new PC as a slave drive. All your files will be there, but you will need to reinstall the apps on the new PC. How do you know your CPU is almost dead? If your drive is going bad I would backup to CD-R or another hard drive as soon as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-transfer-saved-files-from-one-cpu-to-another.60058/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello.Simplified:I am trying to save my .theme files, but they won't save. If I try to save over an existing file, it deletes the file and nothing is saved.DETAILS:1. I right-click my desktop and select Properties.2. Select the Themes tab.3. I select "Save As", and coose the location (in My Documents) to save the theme. Then I click Save.4. If the theme does not already exist, it is never saved. If the theme already exists, then the file is removed entirely. I have tried to save the file elsewhere, using the same method, and I am getting the same results.5. None of these problems occurred until after I had installed and then uninstalled Style XP 2.01. In the process of removing the program I may have removed a necessary file. That's my first guess.Using Windows XP SP2Thank you in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30603/theme-files-not-saved/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I work as an IT Technician in a primary school in the UK, this maybe a bit of a joke to be asking for support on what would seem like such a simple problem to troubleshoot & fix.

But my problem is this; some of the kids are producing Microsoft Word & Publisher documents on their own registered accounts, they save their work to the desktop, the icon is there, readily available to click and load (which it does). However, when the child logs on again the data file will not be there, I do a search for it on the system and behold, nothing.

This seems like an awfully simple problem, and perhaps a tad embarassing but I can't for the life of me fix this problem, can anyone help?

Thanks.

A:Saved files delete after log off.

Hi,

This sounds like a roaming profile issue. When we supported schools we set up a profile which was stored on the server. The local PC would cache it, so things could be saved to the desktop, however the PC had no ability to write the profile back to the server hence when logged off, the profile and changes were not saved, the user logs back on and the profile is reloaded.

I suspect this is something that may be happening.

Do you get any errors in the event log if you log the user off and back on again? You may see some entries on the PC relating to roaming profiles not being saved,

Thanks and Best Wishes
Brian R Graham
www.it-mk.co.uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/saved-files-delete-after-log-off-437727.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have tried saving images from websites and most of the get saved as bitmap or art files, what can I do to save all images as jpg?
I use xp pro service pack 2

A:why do jpg get saved as bitmap or art files?

Empty your temporary internet files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-jpg-get-saved-as-bitmap-or-art-files.303779/
Relevancy 48.59%

Any jpeg image I download from Ancestry cannot be viewed in the folder it was saved in - no matter how I get to that folder. Using search will not find the files either.
Windows 7 Professional (new user) IE9 (have to switch to firefox just to view some answers on this forum as IE9 gives me a blank page).
I can save the image to a flash Drive, and if using Firefox, the only choice I have is in Downloads folder but at least I can then view it.
Any suggestions?

A:Cannot view saved files

Where are you saving these images? Depending on where you are attempting to save them, they might be here:
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205705-cannot-view-saved-files.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm really quite confused about Administrator settings and permissions I set myself up the only user as the administrator when I installed W It reads Monsonman Foghorn Monsonman Files Saved In No 'Administrator' When I No 'Administrator' In Saved Files moved saved music files from external MyBook back to the PC most all files in all folders do not list Mm Foghorn Mm As a consequence when I go into Properties Details to change some settings like track no bar opens up to allow me access But on a recent download No 'Administrator' In Saved Files file Mm Foghorn Mm is listed and I'm able to access all items in DETAILS Of the example songs quot Little St Nick quot No 'Administrator' In Saved Files was recently dwnld while quot Ashokan Farewell quot is one of the saved files from MyBook Foghorn is the PC name Is this because the saved files are from old Vista and my user name was different How come there are other Users listed too I never configured them I only configured Monsonman Foghorn Monsonman Maybe these few attachments will better show my plight Thanks all and I wasn't too sure if this was the right Forum to post this topic

A:No 'Administrator' In Saved Files

Hello Chipper,

Welcome to 7 Forums.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chipper

Is this because the saved files are from old Vista, and my user name was different? How come there are other Users listed, too? I never configured them. I only configured Monsonman(Foghorn7\Monsonman).

I believe so. You may need to take ownership of the files before you can change anything. Take Ownership Shortcut

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/43158-no-administrator-saved-files.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I save copies of census from ancestry to my computer, they are saved as JPG files, when I was on Vista & XP, after showing hidden files I would access them from: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\USERNAME\Documents\
I would cut and paste them to the actual file. Now I am on Windows 7 that area does not exist I can only get to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
There is a Virtual Store folder but this is empty also
The files are showing if I go to save them again but do not show when I open the folder through

A:cannot find saved files

Quote: Originally Posted by Altrishand

I save copies of census from ancestry to my computer, they are saved as JPG files, when I was on Vista & XP, after showing hidden files I would access them from: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\USERNAME\Documents\
I would cut and paste them to the actual file. Now I am on Windows 7 that area does not exist I can only get to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
There is a Virtual Store folder but this is empty also
The files are showing if I go to save them again but do not show when I open the folder through

Have you turned on the display of hidden files and folders?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138114-cannot-find-saved-files.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Whenever I save a file to my desktop, I have to go into the folder options for the desktop and select to view all hidden files. The files I save, when I check their properties, are no longer hidden. I have to go through this process ANY time I save a file to my desktop, no matter the file type.

Files saved to other folders aren't hidden.

Help please ^_^

A:Files Saved as Hidden

Right click on your Desktop > View. Is "Show Desktop Icons" checked?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140623-files-saved-hidden.html
Relevancy 48.59%

PDF is a Painfully Difficult Format. How can Adobe PDF documents be Opened with anything besides Adobe. Can they be exported or saved from .pdf format to any other?

A:Can PDF files be saved as text

They can be saved as a .txt file and then copied and pasted to a word processor; however, much of the formatting is lost. The whole idea behind PDF files is they are somewhat "protected" documents, and because Adobe Acrobat Reader is not dependent on systems, these .pdf files can be read by just about anyone.
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6052/can-pdf-files-be-saved-as-text/
Relevancy 48.59%

I had to wipe my laptop clean due to a virus. I backed up my outlook to a pst file on an external hard drive. (I believe I had outlook 2003) Now I have reloaded Outlook 2002 sp3 and I go to my external drive and I see the files show as office data files and I can't reload them on to outlook. What do I need to do to get these reset so I can reload them on to my current version of outlook? I am using Windows XP Home Edition sp3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-able-to-reload-saved-pst-files-520626.html
Relevancy 48.59%

All my files seem to be saving to the computer memory rater than the hardrive
What can I do to make them save to the hardrive?

A:Files saved to the memory

A bit strange issue. Can you please explain us what do you mean exactly and why do you think files are saved to memory only? What are you doing exactly?

I mean if you want to copy some files or saved them on HDD you can define destination using Windows explorer.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70924-Files-saved-to-the-memory
Relevancy 48.59%

I have routinely saved some e-mails I have received on CDs. Now, I discovered the e-mails were saved as .eml files and I cannot open them. What happened? I need to open them (some are photos) and how can I do that? Thanks for any help. lilart

Relevancy 48.59%

Compaq Presario running W98SE. Saved my mp3 files by burning to CD's using DeepBurn. Did Full System Restore, finally able to replace things. Reinstalled MusicMatch Jukebox without problem. Have repopulated music library with first saved CD, about 150 tunes, about 1000 to go. Good news is that all 150 came through and are playable. Bad news is that they all are showing as "Read Only" which means that MMJB won't allow me to amend the track tags. Is this (admittedly small) problem resolvable?

A:Saved mp3 files are "Read Only"

Update: I kind of figured out how to solve the problem...went to an individual mp3 file, right clicked to Properties and unchecked the "Read Only" box and checked the "Archive" box. (I was brave on this only because I picked a tune that I have on a store-bought CD). Went back to MusicMatch and now I can change the track tags! But now the question is do I have to do this on 1000+ files, or is there a way to batch this chore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7520/saved-mp3-files-are-read-only/
Relevancy 48.59%

Looked...didn't see a post about this. There has to be a simple solution: I have had my HP Pavilion Laptop w/Windows 7 for 4 or 5 years and never had this problem. Recently, Word started saving my Documents as HTML, then when I try to open them they open online. All documents in library have changed to HTML. I have learned to change it back to Word when I "save as" but how do I change all the saved documents back to open in Word? It would be very time consuming to have to change them individually.

Thx, Sonya

A:Changing the way files are saved

Change the default save format back to DOC or DOCX .
It may have mentioned ONLINE format somewhere and you missed it (as one does!!)

As for the rest of them, if it has just changed the extension without changing the actual format, which I suspect is the case, you should be able to select them all and change *.HTML TO *.DOC though I should wait until someone here confirms that before you try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-way-files-are-saved.1154575/
Relevancy 48.59%

I really do not know much about how to do much with all of these new devices...need help bad....my computer crashed and my files are extremely messed up. please help.

A:Why are some of my saved files not opening?

You will need to be a bit more specific.If your computer crashed, how did you get it back up and running?Do you know what caused the crash?What files are not opening, all of them or just a few specific ones?The more information we have, the better we can help, but please beas specific as possible.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/why-are-some-of-my-saved-files-not-opening/20320.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I made some .RPP music files with a DAW called Reaper. Yesterday reaper.exe was in a folder something like:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\VSTs etc

and I highlit one of the files, chose Open With, did the Browse, selected reaper.exe, and it opened fine as did all other .RPPs and I thought things were going well. But today I moved the VSTs etc folder to just C:\VSTs etc and then the .RPPs wouldn't open with Reaper any more. So again I highlit, browsed, chose reaper.exe, but from there instead of opening and things going well nothing happened. After trying it MANY times it still never worked. Can anyone help me understand how to make it work again like it did the day before?

Thank you for any help!
David

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379996-help-files-wont-open-program-they-opened-yesterday.html