Windows Support Forum

EXCEL : Problems with secondary Y axis

Q: EXCEL : Problems with secondary Y axis

On my X-axis, I have the year. I have two different values on my Y-axis. I am able to have one value on the left, and one on the right, but my problem arises when I want to switch the sides.

I double click the data, and have tried changing Series Order and adding the Secondary Axis option, but it still stays the same (even if the preview picture shows otherwise)

I have the file attached... it's on the second sheet (Q2) and it's the graph called "Canadian Trade Openness & Custom Duties". I need the Indexed Trade Openness on the left and Normalized Import Duties on the right.

Any help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EXCEL : Problems with secondary Y axis

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.82%

Afternoon everyone!

As the title suggests, I have some issues with formatting the x-axis of a column graph (the graph is to show air consumption rate over a period of 30 minutes) in Excel 2010 (the file in question is attached). As you can see in the attached picture, the graph currently has the x-axis formatted such that it starts in the middle of the ticks. Ideally, I am looking for a way to start "0" from the y-axis intercept without shifting the graph as is currently the case when changing the horizontal axis options.

Could you possibly help me sort this out? I need to present it for a university project and I'd like to have the graph presented in this manner. It would also help if I could learn the method so I can do this in future. Thank you for your help in advance!

Relevancy 64.93%

In EXCEL when you specify a data range EXCEL assumes the first column is the independent variable (x-axis) and all subsequent columns are the dependent variable (y-axis). This makes setting up plots with multiple series easy.

However, if you want the independent variable to be plotted on the y axis, one must set up each series separately, showing what is on the x-axis and what is the y-axis. This takes a lot of time if you have many series on a single chart.

Is there a way to do this easily. One way would seem to set up the independent variable as the x- axis and then just rotate the plot 90 degrees, but I can't figure out how to do this.

I have attached a sample creating a plot both ways: independent variable on x axis
and independent variable on y axis

Thanks for any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-x-and-y-axis-interchange.469283/
Relevancy 64.93%

In Excel, when one has a scatter diagram, and values such as 9.81, 19.62 and 29.43 on the x-axis, how can one get Excel to display the decimal numbers on the x-axis, rather than have 9.81 be set a little before 10, 19.62 be set a little before 20 etc. ? thanks,

Christian K.

A:Excel x-axis numbers

Try building a line chart first using just the y values.

Then select the range on the chart -- you'll get something like

=SERIES(,,Sheet1!$B$1:$B$3,1)

in the formula bar. Click between the 2 commas, then click & drag on the x values (on the worksheet).

If you *must* stick with scatter, try Rob Bovey's free Labeler add-in at http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-x-axis-numbers.166906/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I know it's a basic question -- and I've been charting with Excel for a while; but now all of a sudden when I make a Line Chart with Excel 2010; the horizonital values shown are just sequential numbers of the real X values. How do I get Excel to show the actual X values on the horizonital axis?

Thanks, all help will be appreciated greatly,

/ GE

A:How do I see the X axis values with Excel 2010

Once, I have tried to format axis to show actual values, but I did not succeed. So now I use Data labels. Actual value is shown just above or to the right of each point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/278524-how-do-i-see-x-axis-values-excel-2010-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
It's probably really simple, but I am lost! How do I remove the zero from the x-axis of a scatter-plot? The y-axis runs into the -ve so the zero for the x axis runs straight through the y-axis and looks scrappy. I only want to remove the zero from the x-axis, none of the other numbers.
I know one method would be to remove all the axis labels and insert text-boxes for each tick, but that is a pain when handling the chart.
Someone please help!
Minga

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hide-zero-on-excel-chart-x-axis.148710/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all I use Excel and have been scouring the internet in search of a solution to a problem I have with charts I have a line chart which changes with data that a user puts into a table which has columns and rows The two columns are called Date and Number The chart at the moment plots points in chronological order The chart is set to always get values from the whole table but sometimes all of the table might not be filled in I have managed to get the chart to not include blank cells by using the NA function My problem lies with the X and Y axes If on axis the #N/A X 2003 - showing Excel I include any N A cells in the X Axis category it will still plot them on the chart How can I get the X axis to lengthen and shorten according to how much data I have in the table Also the problem I have with the Y axis is the minimum starting point I have ticked the autobox for minimum value but this Excel 2003 - #N/A showing on the X axis does not solve the problem If I have a low range of data say all my Y values are between and the Y axis will start at If my Y values are between and then the Y axis starts at again Is there any way I can use a formula to say if the lowest value is x then start y axis at x- Excel 2003 - #N/A showing on the X axis quot These problems are proving to be a bit of a hindrance as I am only using a quarter of the graph at the moment so the information it gives is fairly useless Any help would be much appreciated Regards Tom nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I use Excel 2000 / 97 and am having a problem with a graph.

I want to track my weight by date (same date each week), so have the following info in excel columns(for example):

'Date' 'St' 'lbs' 'Total lbs'
01/04/03 14 6 202
08/04/03 14 4 200
15/04/03 14 1 197
22/04/03 13 12 194

etc...

I can create a graph from this with Date on x-axis, and Total lbs on Y axis.

However, what I would like to do is have St and Lbs (1 stone = 14 lbs) on the Y axis, in steps of 2lbs if possible.

Can this be done?
---

NB: the closest way to doing this so far that i have found is to use minor gridlines of 1/14 but there must be an easier way surely!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

I made a simple chart plotting economic data from 1960 to present using the year on the time axis. I want to angle the text on a 45 incline for readability.

The Custom angle is greyed out. I can choose the Text Direction (Horizontal, Stacked, Rotate 90 degrees, Rotate 270 degrees) but I want to specify a custom angle.

Why is the custom angle greyed out?

A:Excel - Format Axis - Angle greyed out!?

RESOLVED - The angle can only be set when the direction is set to HORIZONTAL. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/114220-excel-format-axis-angle-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Attached is a simple Excel program where a chart is created- Under Chart Options the Y-axis title is input as follows: Y - Axis

In the plot the full y axis title is not printed. It is printed as: Y - Axi

I've had this problem on numerous plots and the only fix I've found is to pad the title with some number of "blanks" and a "period". The number of blanks varies dependent on the plot.

Any known patches or other suggestions?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, all. Great site!

I am having trouble formatting the Y-axis minimum and maximum values in charts in Excel 2003. When I right-click the Y-axis and go to 'Format Axis' and go to the 'Scale' tab, the values that I enter for Minimum and Maximum do not appear on the chart after I click okay. When I re-open the 'Scale' tab in 'Format Axis', the values have been reset to the auto values chosen by Excel. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 Y-axis chart help

Never mind - I figured it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-y-axis-chart-help.858148/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi folks I have two questions First can I attach an Excel file to a new thread I tried attaching my file but it didn t work Second I can t figure out how to change the Y Axis on a chart to am and pm For instance Sheet s Y Labels chart. on Y Excel a line Axis - Axis time range now prints out from to and I would like them to read from am to am Sheet sY Axis times range from to and I would like them to read from am to pm Sheet s Y Axis times range from to and I would like them to read from pm to pm I selected the Y Axis right clicked and went to Excel - Y Axis Labels on a line chart. format axis For Sheet on the Scale Tab I entered next to Minimum am and next to the Maximum I entered am I got an error indicating that I needed an integer in those fields I then went to the Number Tab Time Section and formatted the field to time ie pm and that didn t work Also when I just highlighted the Y Axis and went to format axis and changed the format all the time changed to on the Y Axis You would think that what I want to do could be done but I can t figure it out I attached the file Thanks for the help Michael nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Let's see how you go with this problem that I have.

Column A is a list of dates, most recent being at the top. Column B is a list of values. When I make a chart, the X-axis shows the most recent date on the left, which ends up creating a chart that is sort of 'backwards'.

What is the no doubt obvious option that I haven't found yet, to invert the X-axis?

Thank you in advance.
Aussiemosis.

A:Solved: Excel - Inverting the X-axis on a chart

I managed to find it myself in the end. For anyone else wondering, the answer was...

Select X-Axis then Format Axis > Scale > Categories in reverse order.

Aussiemosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-inverting-the-x-axis-on-a-chart.704858/
Relevancy 62.78%

Please help.
I am trying to graph data that contains the date on the x-axis and the time on the y-axis. The bar graph will show times items were received that day. However, some items are received before midnight and even though they are counted as received on the next days shipment. When graphing this, the bar will go all the way to the top of the graph and does not show that the items were received before midnight (0:00 AM). How can I set up the graph to show the x-axis starting at 0 time but have times going down to noon on the previous day and ending at the top of the graph around noon on the current day?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Guys,

I have an issue in excel - I have a graph whose X-Intercept needs to update when I refresh the data in the sheet it works from.

I have tried to run a macro where I copy/paste the required value into the 'Format Axis' --> 'Scale' --> 'Category X-Axis Crosses At' field, but it wont let me do so.

Dopes anyone know how I can get this field to link to a cell in my data? Or some VB code I can slap in which will update the X-Axis Crosses At field from a cell?

Much Appreciated.

A:Macro to Update 'X-Axis Crosses At' field in Excel

Oh and am using Excel 2003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-update-x-axis-crosses-at-field-in-excel.632204/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,
I have an excel sheet that is used to generate a graph. The data for the graph (columns) can be anywhere from 5 to 2000 data points. I set up a graph template that will graph whatever data I have from cells A2:A2001. My problem is: If I have only 10 data points, my x-axis will still be 2000 spaces long. If I put in zero or N/A# it will show up as either N/A# or blank or (0), based on the property I set for diplaying zero values. How can I get the x-axis to auto scale to only show the number of data points I have.

I will attach a sample sheet.

Thanks for you help.

A:Solved: Auto expand X-axis in Excel graph

redid some of your formulas....I don't do charts much, so....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-auto-expand-x-axis-in-excel-graph.676850/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help I am transfering Excel graphs to a Word doc for a report I m putting together The graphs hold various values over a three month period What I need to graphs X-axis 2002 exact set sizes - intervals at need to Excel do is have it so that the graphs go down the page one on top of the other and I need it so that the months which are on the x-axis line up perfectly with each other so that a vertical line could be drawn down the page and each month on each graph would line up perfectly with it The problem I have is that there doesn t seem to be an option in Excel to change the actual size of the month period cells on the graphs I ve tryed sizing the graphs as pictures when they re on Word but I can t get the month cells to line up perfectly with the ones on the other graphs Excel 2002 graphs - need to set X-axis intervals at exact sizes Trying to do this also only causes the text on the graphs to become distorted and look rubbish Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks very much indeed Dan nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi. I'm having big problems with something that might be very easy to do, although I tried (and searched how to do it) without success:

I've got a sheet, with 'Date/Time' as first column.
I can select that column, along with any other to insert a graphic chart into the worksheet and it works fine.
My question is.... how can I make Excel generate automatically ONE CHART for each column, with 'Date/Time' as X axis? I tried some dynamic table/charts but it looks incredibly messy (it's faster for me to create the charts one by one, manually!).
Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-automatic-multiple-charts-using-first-column-as-x-axis.999065/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am pretty good with most commonly used Excel functions but this is one I can't get. Please help!!!!!

I would like to re-format the way the spreadsheet is set up on sheet 1 to look like it is on sheet 2. I would like all contacts to have all of their info read left to right starting in column A and the move across to the right. So in the end all Business names would be listed in column A and then all owners would be listed in column B. The only way I can figure to do this is to copy and paste each individual customers information.

Maybe there is some sort of formula to build to make things read the way I want? Or I am just not coping and pasting correctly?

Please help!!!!!

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there I d like to explain the title a bit more since the gamepad reversed X-axis/Y-axis on Solved: problem really isn t with a gamepad but rather with a usb controller adapter I got a cheapo PS controller adapter on amazon recently When it came in the mail I downloaded the drivers and plugged the baby in Everything Solved: X-axis/Y-axis reversed on gamepad seemed to work fine until I realized that the axis axises axis s whatever plural form of axis there is Well they re switched on the right analog stick Say I m playing Tomb Raider on my PC Trying to look up makes Lara look right Trying to look left makes her look down It s a very confusing issue so I tried fixing it in the calibration mode found in the Game Controllers section in the Control Panel but to no avail I m really not sure how to configure this thing to make it work properly Anyone have any advice before I decide to cut my losses and buy an Xbox PC controller nbsp

A:Solved: X-axis/Y-axis reversed on gamepad

Hi there,

Actually, this is very simple. All you should have to do is go into the Windows Control Panel, and choose "Game Controllers". From here, select the controller from the list and click either Configure or Calibrate", depending on your Windows version. This should indeed solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-x-axis-y-axis-reversed-on-gamepad.755727/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there I am encountering a problem Charts: Date as Months/Weeks Units Setting X-Axis to & Excel 2013 with Excel Charts in Excel and would be very thankful for your help I am trying to create a stacked horizontal bar chart which plots a timeline of several events in a chart I am finding it impossible to set the units for the x-axis to date month or even year If possible I would like the major unit to month and the minor unit to week From my research it seems this was easy to do in a previous version of Excel so I suspect I am missing something obvious I have attached a dummy document with data and my attempt so far I would Excel 2013 Charts: Setting X-Axis as Date & Units to Months/Weeks really appreciate your help Thank you in advance Katrin Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service Pack bit Excel 2013 Charts: Setting X-Axis as Date & Units to Months/Weeks Processor Intel R Core TM Excel 2013 Charts: Setting X-Axis as Date & Units to Months/Weeks i - CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Excel 2013 Charts: Setting X-Axis as Date & Units to Months/Weeks

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2013-charts-setting-x-axis-as-date-units-to-months-weeks.1142004/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

For some reason, the numbers for the left axis are in the middle of my chart and I have highlighted the axis and reformatted to no avail.

How can I change the settings so it is shown on the far left as usual?

I've uploaded a jpg showing the problem.

A big thanks in advance,

/ GE

A:Excel 2010 Chart Left Axis is in middle of chart

Thats the normal default behaviour since you have both positive and negative values on the X-axis - the chart assumes you want to see the value extremes so it places the y-axis at the zero position of the x-axis.

You can shift the Y-axis to the far left by using the format x-axis option, like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/279197-excel-2010-chart-left-axis-middle-chart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I seem to have a problem with the speed of my excel program and its willingness to move between cells in a timely manner My computer is on a network and is not the main however all programs on my computer are stand alone programs Individually installed We simply share the data Files between them Lately my excel program has been slow to respond to commands Type in one is Excel a slow! computer secondary on speed cell and tab over to continue typing in another cell and it takes Excel speed on a secondary computer is slow! a moment for the curser to catch up Although there are quite a few Excel speed on a secondary computer is slow! programs where data is shared Excel seem to be the only one affected Have talked with Gateway OEM installed Office with no luck in solving the problem Repaired and Reinstalled still no change Even tried unhooking the router This did eliminate the problem however I need the shared files on the network We did switch the ports around to make sure the the router wasn t bad and experienced the same problem no matter what port we were in No other computer is experiencing the same problem just mine Running windows XP SP and on a Linksys router network and if I am reading it right ghz mem Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I just upgraded to Windows from Windows Home There is a problem when I open two or more excel xlsx files and move them to secondary monitor the excel taskbar button will not appear on the taskbar to will Excel taskbar move button secondary monitor not of the secondary monitor The excel taskbar button will only appear on the primary monitor If I only open one excel file I can move the excel file to the secondary monitor and the excel taskbar button will appear on the taskbar of the secondary monitor All other programs are work fine the taskbar button will appear on the taskbar where the program window is displayed Only Excel and a program called Password Agent has the problem the program taskbar button will always appear only on the primary monitor even if I drag Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor the program to secondary Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor monitor I am using Excel please help if there is any Excel taskbar button will not move to secondary monitor solution to make Excel taskbar button appear on the taskbar of the monitor that the opened Excel window is This is a screenshot of my taskbar properties Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/57763-excel-taskbar-button-will-not-move-secondary-monitor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I create several different lines in same one chart. I only want to swap line "A-axis" primary and secondary axle.
When I try to do it, but all lines primary and secondary axle was swapped automatically.
"Picture-1" is original chart.
"Picture-2" shows all lines primary ans secondar axles was swapped too.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-only-swap-one-line-primary-and-secondary-axle-in-excel-2010.4069741/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi
I need to line plot graph between secondary Y axes V/s primary X axes, and find X value corrosponding to a particular Y value for further calculations.
Please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-plotting-chart-on-secondary-axes-and-finding-required-values-from-it.964477/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

I recently bought a Epox 9NPA Ultra Mobo, although ive had a few problems to say the least

The 2nd IDE controller doesnt seem to detect anything that i plug into it. The 1st controller is fine but the 2nd doesnt seem to work. Ive tried replacing cables, changing whats plugged into each port, but everything i try, i find that anything plugged into IDE2 doesnt get detected by the bios. The strangest thing is, that when i first installed the mobo, IDE2 worked whenever i cleared the CMOS and booted, but a restart would mean that it was no longer detected. After flashing to latest bios, IDE2 wouldnt work at all.

Is this a faulty mobo, or caused by something else?

Any help would be appreciated

Alex

Relevancy 47.3%

Well heres Secondary With Problems Machine the deal I have a secondary computer which is a AMD XP SE mb of PC ram and GA- VKMP mobo I know its really crap but it performs e-mail and browsing tasks fast enough Currently there are two problems with the machine firstly the XP default clocks at FSB Mhz it will on clock to a max FSB of around Mhz resulting in an approx XP speed but when I clock above that speed the system becomes unstable and anything above Mhz means I get quot no signal detected quot message appearing on screen I know it isn t heat because the CPU has never been hotter than degrees C so I really have no idea what it could be Secondly there Problems With Secondary Machine is a problem with the ram it is in mb sticks one memtek double-sided PC- one samsung PC- when I insert the samsung stick the computer runs fine and everything is dandy Problems With Secondary Machine however when I try to insert the memtek stick in slot I get a quot no signal detected quot message once agin I can insert the memtek ram in slot one and even have both ram sticks running at the same time but the memtek stick has to be in slot one for it to work and it only works for a short period of time before coming up with an error message PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA and a STOP message x xE B x xBF A x I am pretty sure the ram isnt faulty as I have tested it on my primary rig and everything works fine without error and I have also tested it with memtest going up to coverage with errors I am hoping someone has some idea of what the problem might be even though it is a very inexpensive system I would really like to try and fix these problems Cheers nbsp

A:Problems With Secondary Machine

I think you will find that your MB supports up to PC2100 (266Mhz)
It should run OK with the PC2100 in Dimm Slot 1.If not there may be a prop with that stick.
Also the PC3200 will be running at 266Mhz.

I also believe that the PC3200 is unsuitable.It will run for a period then Black Sceen.

So I think if you were to have a good stick of PC2100 in Dimm Slot 1 it should be fine.At which point you should be able to shift the FSB to 12.5 X 133

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-secondary-machine.491048/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm using and 800 Athlon, 128 megs of ram. Everything worked fine until I downloaded a few windows update files. Upon restarting the machine, it hangs on the windows splash screen. Using safe mode,I disabled and enabled items in the device manager. I have isolated the problem to the Secondary IDE Controller. If I enable it, windows immediately crashes. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks so much for your help.

A:Secondary IDE Controller problems

What motherboard brand / model are you using? You probably need to download and install the IDE drivers for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-ide-controller-problems.35226/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am migrating my motherboard (IWILL - KK266) over from an old case with a 300WT Power supply to a new case and a different HD. I'm having a problem with the Motherboard recognizing the 40G HD as a primary master. It's showing up as secondary drive and won't boot. I tried switching cables; pin assignments and using a good drive that works on one of my other PCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

I looked [SOLVED] Primary and HDD Problems Secondary around but [SOLVED] Primary and Secondary HDD Problems did not see any thread remotely close to the call for help I am about to post All the particulars on my AMD Athlon are in my sig I am still on win SE I have always been under the misguided impression that when Device Manager is opened and if I see no yellow or yellow all is well Not so as I learned last night I now know that I have to click on the beside the device to see the real story Well neither my DVD nor the burner is recognized only a generic floppy drive My Primary [SOLVED] Primary and Secondary HDD Problems and Secondary HDD have a Yellow by each Whatever happened occurred since this past Monday night because I used both the DVD and the burner then FWIW I get a message on a solid blue screen with these words and I have paraphrased in some places quot Multi-function device Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller has some devices using bit drivers and others using compatibility-mode drivers This is not supported After rebooting windows will use compatibility-mode drivers for each child device attached to this multi-function device If you want to use bit drives you may be able to obtain an updated driver for the device that caused the problem by contacting the hardware manufacturer or disable the device quot Now here is the kicker we have no children here and I haven t a clue what the above paragraph is supposed to mean to me Can quot IT quot be disabled and if so where can quot IT quot be found Never have I seen any such words as these As usual TIA BTW as you probably know I am able to surf and visit our forum so what am I missing---other than the use of the DVD amp burner and that is more than I want to miss nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I m new to the forums so I ll do the best I can to convey this problem I recently made the mistake of attempting to disconnecting an external hard drive from my DELL XPS while it was shutting down Drive with Problems Hard Secondary and configuring Problems with Secondary Hard Drive some windows updates Not only did I remove the power supply to the external HD I accidently flipped the power switch on my surge protecter while I was doing it Upon rebooting the computer would attempting to configure the updates upon restart as it would have under normal circumstances This process would simply stay stuck on until the system decided to reboot and try again thus repeating the cycle I worked with Dell s tech support for quite a while until they decided to send me a factory image replacement Hard Drive The new HD is working just fine but I have Problems with Secondary Hard Drive not been able to get the computer to recognize the old HD which is now plugged into the second slot in the XPS There are things that on this old HD that I really need and I m hoping that you guys have some suggestions for me nbsp

A:Problems with Secondary Hard Drive

Right click on the drive in My Computer (unless it's not showing there?). Choose properties. Choose tools.

You'll see the options to check the disk.

Otherwise, do it from the command prompt:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-secondary-hard-drive.942659/
Relevancy 46.87%

ok i restored my c drive to an earlier time but did not have my d drive restore turned on. now my computer will not read my d drive. i ran some file recovery software and all my files are in tact but will not open in xp. it wants me to format the d drive. is there a way to just do some kind of registry fix or a bootlog i can apply to get xp to read my drive.
by the way in my computer my d drive is regognized but cant open it, when i try it says it needs to be formatted.
man i hope someone can help me with this please i would really appreciate it

A:secondary hard drive problems?please

Hi,

Why not take the drive back (restore it back) to where you had it and see if everything is O.K. with that. You might even select a date that is not so far back and see if you can do a restore with that and see if your D drive works that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/secondary-hard-drive-problems-please-96419.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all was well and then days ago my system would pause at start-up and won t even get to Windows booting It hangs during the DOS window and doesn t even get to the hangs problems/CD Secondary IDE DVD/Boot intializing part where it displays Master and Slave Drive info etc Then sometimes it ll let me in I installed SP just in case and got it up again after that just fine Now today it has started hanging again at the same spot In DOS before the drive info Primary Secondary Secondary IDE problems/CD DVD/Boot hangs Master Slave stuff is displayed and Windows won t even boot When I can get into BIOS it says that all Prim Master Slave Secondary IDE problems/CD DVD/Boot hangs and Sec Master Slave are auto detected My two HDs are Primary Boot and Slave my CD Rom is the Secondary Master and DVD is Secondary Slave When I go into MY COMPUTER neither the CD Rom or DVD is visible as Removabel Storage When I look in Device Manager the DVD is visible but the CD Rom isn t All lights are on on both the CD Rom drive and DVD drive When I place a CD in the READ light blinks but then it stops and doesn t read it So is the CD ROM Master Dead and therefor DVD isn t accesible Is it the secondary IDE Channel and XP SP Is it a cable Why would is screw up my system booting properly Fallon nbsp

A:Secondary IDE problems/CD DVD/Boot hangs

SP2 is not related to this problem which is happening before Windows loads.

Check your connections to the optical drives and also try a new cable. If the problem continues remove one of the optical drives (perhaps the CDROM first) at a time. Remember of course to make the necessary master/slave jumper changes or position changes if you are using cable select.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-ide-problems-cd-dvd-boot-hangs.344041/
Relevancy 46.87%

ok i restored my c drive to an earlier time but did not have my d drive restore turned on. now my computer will not read my d drive. i ran some file recovery software and all my files are in tact but will not open in xp. it wants me to format the d drive. is there a way to just do some kind of registry fix or a bootlog i can apply to get xp to read my drive.
by the way in my computer my d drive is regognized but cant open it, when i try it says it needs to be formatted.
man i hope someone can help me with this please i would really appreciate it

A:secondary hard drive problems please help

Lets get some more information regarding the D: HDD:

Go to Disk Management and in the upper right pane, post what is shown under the headings, LAYOUT, FILE SYSTEM & STATUS. In the lower right pane, what does it show as the type of partition (e.g. is it blue, for primary?)?

Go to the following registry key and look to see if the D: HDD is registered with a partition signature, as follows:

HKLM_SYSTEM_MOUNTED DEVICES

\DOS DEVICE\D: REG_BINARY {DISK ID & STARTING BOOT SECTOR (in hexadecimal)}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-hard-drive-problems-please-help.457652/
Relevancy 46.87%

i recently added a second hard drive to my system as a slave.....it seems to work fine until i reset the system....anytime i reboot i can still see the drive but when i try to access the drive i keep getting a mssg saying drive is not formated will you like to format it now ....i have already formated the drive and it has info stored on it...i have done this a cople of times and keep going around in circles.....all help will be greatfully welcomed

A:secondary hard drive problems

how did you format drive
what kind of drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/secondary-hard-drive-problems.37473/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello again I recently bought a biostar M NCD motherboard and a AMD XP processor have had some kinks here and there but overall has been good A couple of days ago I noticed that my CD ROM would nt work checked connections first then looked in device manager and noticed that my primary and secondary IDE controllers are exclamated new word maybe and the CD ROM isn t even being recognized see attached screen capture Well I would love to try and reinstall a driver or two if need be may have to download them until CD ROM fixed There is an underlying problem though I assume and I haven t been able ROM problems!!! controllers CD & Primary/Secondary IDE to figure it out Already scanned for viruses and did a system check with Norton Primary/Secondary IDE controllers & CD ROM problems!!! if that does anything of value so I would appreciate any help or suggestions Almost forgot under the performance tab see attached there are compatibility mode paging and compatibility mode file system issues listed I await all of your wisdom Biostar M NCD motherboard AMD XP MB DDR RAM Western Digital GB HD partitioned in two parts Nividia Riva TNT model video card Have external Primary/Secondary IDE controllers & CD ROM problems!!! burner but I can t get the drivers loaded to use it everything else is just your basic stuff nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a couple of hard drives from previous systems that I'd like to use as slave or USB drives. Vista doesn't recognize them, and they crash the system when I use them as a USB drive. I don't know if it matters, but they have embedded recovery code from the old system. These HDDs were partitioned from the manufacturer so that C: is the data partition and D: was the recovery partition. When using it with Vista, I've tried, cable select mode as well as slave only mode. When using it as USB drive in an enclosure, it shuts the system down as soon as the systems boots up. I don't need the data on the disks. Any solutions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-hard-drive-problems.590799/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was having alot of problems with my hard drive, so I bought another one and decided to use the old one as a secondary on my new machine. Oh, while I was at it I incorporated a p4.
Anyway my real problem is that I can not get my old files off my old hard drive to my new hard drive. When I try it takes forever to access anything off it and trying to run scan disk or defrag is a joke. It will sit there idel for ever and then not respond.
All I want is to get the files I need off the secondary hard drive, then I'd be ok with formating it.

A:Secondary Hard Drive Problems

sounds like a failing drive. You had trouble with it so you replaced it and now its giving you problems as a slave drive but everything else has changed in the system right? I had a similiar problem with a 20 gig maxtor - slow as hell but no errors at all, not even a smart failure. I had to be patient with it until i got the data off they sent it away for warranty. If your in a similiar situation formating it won't help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-hard-drive-problems.112762/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate PC with a VTX3D Radeon HD5450 1GB PCIe DVI graphics card connected to a Panasonic TX-32LZD85 TV, set up as a secondary monitor, via an HDMI cable.

I recently reinstalled Windows and before I did, when I watched a video on the TV the sound came out of the TV speakers, but now it just comes out of the PC speakers. Please can someone tell me how to get the sound to come out of the TV as well as the picture?

Thanks,
Joe

A:Connecting PC To TV As Secondary Monitor (Audio Problems)

Go to sound devices and set your TV as the default device.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558643/connecting-pc-to-tv-as-secondary-monitor-audio-problems/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I had my latest PC built, I had them transfer the old hard drive out of my previous machine into this one as a second hard drive, so I could retain all my old files. I have run into problems lately when restarting my PC, I get a message saying my disk needs to be checked for consistancy
(E) . When I let this check run it ran for about ten hours or so and shut down before completing it's task. I would like to remove or disable this drive so I don't have the problems it is causing. I know nothing about the innerds of a PC, or how to remove a hard drive. Is it possible to disable the drive from my desktop and if so, by doing so, would it cause any problems with the performance of my PC?

A:Solved: Problems with secondary hard drive (E).

You could leave the drive inplace and just disconnect the cables from this drive. It will then be disabled. The bios will not even detect it. Usually no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-with-secondary-hard-drive-e.745040/
Relevancy 46.44%

Just installed Windows pro bit clean full version on a brand spanking new WD SATA drive It secondary hard with drives 7 problems Windows having seems to have lots of problems with hard drives though First it wouldn t instal unless I disconnected all hard drives except the destination and the DVD Gave me format errors Odd thing was that I formated it on my old XP OS drive then nothing then the big disconnect and voila I use a lot of music recording software and have always used Windows 7 having problems with secondary hard drives a leaner OS drive - GB and a secondary for storage and back up TB atm At first windows seven didn t see the other drives although bios recognized them but the TB SATA drive showed up under device manager After updates and who knows what after a new start it gave me an error message that it found a new HD but it needed to be formatted in order to use it This is the TB SATA drive I also have my old IDE drives one an another back up and the old OS XP pro drive that I thought I might be able to run and import emails and passwords and such from but they only show up in Bios st question can windows read and xp drive like u used to be able to with xp if it were a slave drive I used to when upgrading to a bigger drive do that and import old emails and passwords and bookmarks and so nd since I formatted the new drive with XP and installed win on it with no problems why won t it recognize my back up drive that was formatted with XP It may be a SATA issue With old IDE drives you could always set master and slave and the PC knew which to run as a boot drive with OS and the other which was only data I don t know there is no such jumper settings I really hope to save some time sending everything on my big drive to an online back up service reformat and then re-download G of data Any know if that s my only option I have installed xp compatibilty Shouldn t the drive also work in XP compatibilty mode It s just a dump drive for stuff to big for my main drive It has no programs on it It did however seem to be where xp chose for my recycle bin for some reason Maybe that s something Would dual boot help in this situation never tried it Maybe it s a raid controller issue also I have no idea about or ever monkey d with Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 having problems with secondary hard drives

Nobody has any ideas about windows 7 and secondary hard drives with data only?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-having-problems-with-secondary-hard-drives.878629/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I really hope I m problems switched now having Hard drive failure, to secondary, doing this right My TB Seagate hard drive recently preducted it would fail So I backed up pictures drivers etc and switched to my old GB Maxtor hard drive My failing hard drive Hard drive failure, switched to secondary, having problems now was experiencing random Hard drive failure, switched to secondary, having problems now restarts services terminating data being lost blue screens it also hung on start up and when it loaded the desktop the task bar took forever to load and the screen would randomly go black I m on my Maxtor drive now and while it boots up much faster and according Hard drive failure, switched to secondary, having problems now to blarc advisor is considered healthy the screen randomly goes black as well and it seems to freeze The screen only goes black when a lot needs to be loaded or processed If I go on a heavily flash based site for example it wouldn t take it too well The system itself is very old and wasn t always mine I only have it because someone gave it to me when my other old computer s processer died unexpectedly I want to buy a new computer but I can t afford one as of yet so I really want to figure out the problem with this one Everything else seems to be running fairly normally although I DO have to activate this copy of windows for some reason after I installed the new drivers it wanted me to activate it again I m planning on doing that tomorrow by phone because it says this key has been used on this system too much OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation Activation Status Activation Pending days remaining System Name HOME- F D C System Manufacturer GBT System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Award Software International Inc F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C windows System Directory C windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name HOME- F D C Ally Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys As you can see above it wants activated again I don t know why all I did was install the drivers for my graphics card internet and sound Also for some reason the boot ini file on this seems to be corrupt or something Is there a way I could fix that and could it be a contributing problem Also the TB is still hooked up I haven t removed it yet and it s still accessible from this drive I don t know if any of this is needed but I thought I d try to give you as much information as possible If you need anything else please let me know and I ll be happy to give you it EDIT I d also like to add that I ve been getting memory management blue screens Thanks and sorry for the long description nbsp

A:Hard drive failure, switched to secondary, having problems now

I think all you can do is start all over and do another reinstall because i dont think you can just transfer one operating system from one hard drive to another harddrive and have it work or be activated.or you can get restore/recovery disks for your model of computer and unless im wrong those rarely if ever have to be activated unless a motherboard gets changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-failure-switched-to-secondary-having-problems-now.1089852/
Relevancy 43.86%

Yahoo Axis banner pops up on the bottom of my screen. It's driving me nuts. My pop up blocker is on so how is it getting around it? I'm using Windows 7, IE9. Anyone who can shed light on this and help me get rid of this I'd appreciate.*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

A:Yahoo Axis pop up

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471354/yahoo-axis-pop-up/
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a graph, and on the y-axis, the response is either yes or no. right now, it is set to 0 or 1, misrepresenting the data. can i change that 1/0 to a word, like 'yes' or 'no'?

A:change y-axis

You could try a custom format for the cells;

"Yes";-;"no"

Note though that all positive values will be displayed as Yes. Also, as this is just formatting other formulas (if any), will still consider the cell value to be 0 or 1 since you are changing the display format, not the actual cell value.

The other way to do this is to add another row/column with an if statement and use that column as your y-axis.

if(A1=0,No,if(a1=1,Yes,""))

If the value of A1 is other than 0 or 1 the above will return a null value. This method also has the advantage that if you want to use other formulas to work with yes/no values, it will work, whereas the cell formatting will not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/267506-change-y-axis.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I have the following problem:

I own a Microsoft Steering Wheel

The Axis of my brake pedal is constantly at 100% the further I press it the less it gets so when I push it down totally it is 0%
The accelerator is setup to thesame axis as steering and it's working good.
Because of this I'm constantly braking in games... and I'm wondering if I can do anything to invert only the break pedal.

Thanks in advance,
Kuba.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invert-one-axis.489441/
Relevancy 43.86%

in what folder do the xerces jar files go

is this in axis or tomcat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/axis-jar-files.555037/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi There Axis Dialler is costantly appearing on my network connections I have tried with Avast Anti Virus Spybot S amp D but the nasty dialler is still there Please advise for a solution Here s the HJT Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashserv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe Still dialer...help please! AXIS C Documents and Settings marco Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - Still AXIS dialer...help please! HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www wanadoo co uk cd redirects search htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www wanadoo co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http http www-cache freeserve com ftp http www-cache freeserve com O - Hosts www dcsresearch com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe O - HKLM Run CountrySelection pctptt exe O - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE A quot C WINDOWS System E S tmp quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup EPSON Status Monitor Environment Check lnk C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x E SRCV EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www wanadoo co uk O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net apple com qt us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF EF A B-FC - C - EF-FB E A E McFreeScan Class - http download mcafee com molbin iss-loc vso en-us tools mcfscan mcfscan cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip E A C B- F - D B-A C-B DD C NameServer nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I have a 2D Area chart in excel. Is there anyway i can have two axis on either side of the chart, i.e. one descending one ascending?

Thanks for your help.

John

A:Graph Axis

Make the graph normally.
Right-click the area you want to change and choose Format Data Series.
Choose the Axis tab.
Click on Secondary Axis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graph-axis.125311/
Relevancy 43.86%

My y-axis contains both positive and negative numbers. The x-axis crosses the y-axis at 0, and the 0 of the x-axis appears on top of the y-axis line. How do I hide the 0 of the x-axis?

A:hide 0 of x-axis

http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/905501-excel-cell-location.html

This thread may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hide-0-of-x-axis.905567/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi ppl hope everthings good there im very bad, sad and desapointed with my mouse RAT 7 from mad catz, suddenly the axis (x and y) atopped working during my journey in skirym i restarte the game, the pc, re installed the drivers with no sucess i just don't know how to fix the problem does anyone can five me some light on this one plz :-(.

thanks in advance...

A:Mad Catz RAT 7 axis not working

You have a beta version of Windows 7. The full program is available. Because you can't use Windows Update, this may be contributing to your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mad-catz-rat-7-axis-not-working.174219/
Relevancy 43.43%

While in Internet Explorer, the dial up connection terminated and immediately redialled automatically.
Instead of showing the normal "Dial up connection Connected" message showed AXIS Connected, and AXIS has been added to my Tools/Internet Options/Connections. I removed AXIS from my dial up connections, but it keeps re-appearing automatically.

What is AXIS, where has it appeared from and should I remove it?

A:Remove AXIS dialer

Yes you should remove it as dialers are trying to run up your phone bill for someone else's profit!

Spybot and AdAware can remove a lot of dialers, but I saw this thread at ComputerCops which suggests Axis might be trickier to remove and needs a re-install of Windows Media Player -

http://www.computercops.biz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=177367

To be on the safe side, I'd suggest you run Spybot, AdAware and a full system virus scan, then post your HijackThis log in this thread for one of the HJT experts to see if there is any other malware on your machine, e.g. its possible you may have a trojan which has been used to install Axis on your machine etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-axis-dialer.236275/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have logged into a site that has a live camera for viewing. This site requires the Axis Media Control. I have downloaded and installed this program. I get a message saying Internet Exployer cannot regeister Axis Media Control and check your security. I have not been able to indentify what I should do. Appreciate your help. Harvey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/axis-media-control-397443.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently upgraded to Windows XP and need help finding drivers for my AXIS PAD Colors. I have the Game Profiler CD that came along with the pad but it says that the drivers only work for Windows 98.

Edit: BTW, the pad is plugged into my sound card.

A:XP Axis Pad Colors drivers

Have you tried installing them anyway? Sometimes older drivers will work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-axis-pad-colors-drivers.153820/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an unusual problem with one of my games concerning the controller, when I configure the controller in the game I'm playing it will not allow me to set the x and y axis in the correct posisiton, when I press the y position to configure the controller it comes up as x, so I have two x positions on my pad,I have to press the pad above the x and below the y posistion to steer the game, I have configured the controller in windows, and have no problems with any other games I play, I have also tried two different discs of the same game to no avail, has anyone come across this problem before or know anything I can try to solve this problem?

Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to play "Axis and Allies" online and there is like 4-5 modes and none of them work for me. I want to play TCP-IP but whenever I click on it it brings me back to the Multi-player menu and gives no error. It seems as if no company supports the 1998 computer game. The board game was made by Hasbro. When I went to Hasbro's site and asked my question they directed me to http://www.wizards.com where I can find no information about "Axis and Allies."

A:axis and allies online

Did you make sure you are connected to the internet before you open the program? I have done that before. If that does not work, what ISP are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/axis-and-allies-online.78756/
Relevancy 43.43%

Axis and allies loads but is missing text and other essential graphics. I assume its hardware acceleration but my display driver wont let me turn it down or up. Someone please Help!!!

A:Axis and allies won't work.

Fill out your system spec and someone here may be able to help

To do so click on user CP then click on the second box down on the right.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/262092-axis-allies-wont-work.html
Relevancy 43%

I too have te same problem, my wireless mouse is not working properly. Autmatically changed axis of movements. When i move mouse horizontally cursor moves vertically.

A:Inverted axis movement of mouse

Same as who's?Have you tried another mouse, or your mouse in another computer? That will tell us whether it is the mouse itself or something else.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/inverted-axis-movement-of-mouse/18962.html
Relevancy 43%

I am attempting to play left 4 dead splitscreen with two mice. To do this, I need to remap the x and y axises of ONLY ONE mouse to that of the right analog stick of a madcatz 360 controller. Sort of like xpadder in reverse - mouse1 movement would be interpreted as analog stick movement and mouse2 movement would be interpreted as a normal mouse. Any ideas or suggestions?

Running: XP Media Center Edition 2004
Connected: Madcatz Microcon Gamepad Pro, Microsoft basic optical mouse v 2.0 (HID compliant mouse), Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse 3000 (HID compliant mouse)

A:Remapping mouse axis to gamepad

There's a program called Pinnacle Game Profiler which is kind of similar to xpadder, it might get the job done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remapping-mouse-axis-to-gamepad.858805/
Relevancy 43%

how do you add the horizontal axis labels to a scatterplot when the 'edit' button is blanked out?

A:how do you add the horizontal axis labels to a scatterplot when the 'e

Right-click on the axis, then choose properties/settings for the axis.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/300043-how-do-you-add-horizontal-axis-labels-scatterplot-when-e.html
Relevancy 43%

I am not really sure if this is the right forum but it said hardware so this is my best guess, sorry if it is wrong. I am using XP and I have a "Gravis Xterminator Dual Contol" that works fine in most ways, however when I use it in games the dial is not the throttle but the analogue stick is. I have worked out that this is because my computer thinks that the dial is the Z-axis, the left/right motion of the analogue is the Z-rotation and the up/down motion of the analogue is the dial. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this in the control panel and it is impossible to play my games with the controls like that. I would be very grateful if someone could explain what is wrong or what I need to do, because google turned up nothing. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-gets-the-axis-on-my-controller-wrong.883221/
Relevancy 43%

I have an PC gamepad but the x axis goes from left to right very fast without me touching it. it just goes like crazy.
Can anyone help?

A:Solved: game pad x axis going crazy

Test on another PC. That will verify if you have a game pad or PC issue.

Most likely, the game pad is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-game-pad-x-axis-going-crazy.1066260/
Relevancy 43%

Excel Profesional discrepancy X-axis Format chart Edition Help states that I can format the x-axis to select the number of categories between tick marks on a line chart This is the quotation quot Format chart X-axis discrepancy To specify the frequency at which you want categories on the category x axis to be labeled in the Number Format chart X-axis discrepancy of categories between tick-mark labels box type to label every category type to label every other category type to label every third category and so on quot The scale tab in the Format Axis window does not display a window to allow me to do this It just allows a maximum minimum and base major and minor units The same is true in the Small Business Edition of Office However in two other versions of Excel Student and Teacher edition and Office home Edition I can access these windows and control the frequency of tick marks Can anyone explain how I can control the frequency of labels when I am teaching in the lab that has the Office Professional version Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone Trying to remove the infuriating AXIS dialer Have already used AdAware and TrojanRemover to no avail Wondering if anyone had any advice suggestions Thanks Sean Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM HJT dialer [Solved] to AXIS trying -- remove included log on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C [Solved] trying to remove AXIS dialer -- HJT log included WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DEVLDR EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBLIVE AUDIOHQ AHQTB EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS GWHOTKEY EXE C PROGRAM [Solved] trying to remove AXIS dialer -- HJT log included FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C WINDOWS [Solved] trying to remove AXIS dialer -- HJT log included SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PRINTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES TROJANHUNTER THGUARD EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www swissinfo org O - Hosts www burstnet com O - Hosts oz valueclick com O - Hosts a tribalfusion com O - Hosts servedby advertising com O - Hosts pagead googlesyndication com O - BHO DAPBHO Class - CC A- C- -AD C- AF DC D FE - C PROGRAM FILES DAP DAPIEBAR DLL file missing O - BHO SurfBHO - B E-CFAC- D - A- E E - C UNZIPPED SURFPL DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run OEMRUNONCE c windows options cabs oemrun exe O - HKLM Run AudioHQ C Program Files Creative SBLive AudioHQ AHQTB EXE O - HKLM Run Speed racer C Program Files Creative PlayCenter CTSRReg exe O - HKLM Run Multi-function Keyboard GWHotKey exe O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exe O - HKLM Run LexStart Lexstart exe O - HKLM Run LexmarkPrinTray PrinTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C PROGRAM FILES TROJANHUNTER THGUARD EXE quot O - HKLM Run devldr exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM devldr exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -reg O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run aimboot SystemRoot awinrar exe O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGL... Read more

A:[Solved] trying to remove AXIS dialer -- HJT log included

Hi seanie

Welcome to TSG!

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 www.burstnet.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 oz.valueclick.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 a.tribalfusion.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 servedby.advertising.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

O2 - BHO: DAPBHO Class - {0096CC0A-623C-4829-AD9C-19AF0DC9D8FE} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\DAP\DAPIEBAR.DLL (file missing)

O2 - BHO: SurfBHO - {5998B08E-CFAC-11D5-822A-0050048E6E38} - C:\UNZIPPED\SURFPL~1.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [aimboot] %SystemRoot%\awinrar.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {A45F39DC-3608-4237-8F0E-139F1BC49464} - http://www.greatplugin.com/diallerfiles/014227.exe

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/03a70ebb12be56...ip/RdxIE601.cab

O16 - DPF: {093F9CF8-0DE1-491C-95D5-5EC257BD4CA3} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/IA/dtc32_EN.cab

O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111123} - file://c:\Recycled\1.exe

Restart to safe mode.

How to start your computer in safe mode

First in safe mode click on My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab.
Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Apply then OK. Click Yes to confirm.

Now find and delete these files:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\awinrar.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-remove-axis-dialer-hjt-log-included.255250/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have a problem which i could not find another example of in the forum Recently fresh installed windows xp and games and wheel drivers saitek r gt Wheel was working fine then went to use it the other day and brake axis is jumping from to when the pedal is half way down It is as if the signal is digital not analogue All other axis and buttons are fine Brake axis working smoothly in brake problem Wheel axis Solved: PC windows controller setup but not in games This is the case with both the driving games I have so this makes me think it is something in directinput or directx not passing data correctly Solved: PC Wheel brake axis problem to the games I have run DXdiag and it reports no problems with the controller I have reinstalled wheel drivers completely from fresh but still no joy Has one of the windows updates I have downloaded after my fresh windows install done something to Directinput or Directx I am at a loss and I think the wheel and pedals are fine so i dont want to get another just to find out its something on my system Please help many thanks BennyR nbsp

A:Solved: PC Wheel brake axis problem

Yes! solved this prob

Found a program called DXtweak which displays the raw and directinput data at the same time. Reset the brake pedal axis to the default and bingo, directinput matched up to the raw data again
surprised I didnt come across this great app earlier

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-wheel-brake-axis-problem.896567/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Central axis external hard drive and i want to access it remotely without needing a computer hooked up to it at all times

Relevancy 42.57%

I have tearing hair out for days on this I have Axis -W fowarding for Axis Solved: Cameras 2 Port latest IP cameras I have set them up with their own IP s in my right submask etc All set up fine via Lan and wireless both send wireless fine Router is TP-LINK WR G After reading zillions of port forwarding Solved: Port fowarding for 2 Axis Cameras info on IP cameras I understand it is best to forward port to a high new port number so I am trying to forward to port and But no where in the virtual server set up in the router does it let me set up what port to send to Solved: Port fowarding for 2 Axis Cameras I enter as quot Service Port quot and the IP address of a camera and use TCP or ALL protocol But it will not let me enter another listing for service port to the Solved: Port fowarding for 2 Axis Cameras IP of Camera since it says is already in use or something It seemed to assign it to port instead but I have no idea if HTTP will be quot heard quot on that port to transfer to the nd Camera If I log in to my static public IP address - I get the log in to Camera which I assume is because of the port forward to it I had a friend try it to be sure it worked outside the network and it does But I d like to set up each camera separately thus wanting to assign it different port numbers But I see nowhere to do this in the router I also tried using as the quot service port quot and TCP HTTP thinking maybe it knows to pick up from port and that will transfer to port But trying to log in via my IP doesn t work I am obviously confused and frustrated after so many hours of experimentation Cameras work great I am leaving for Canada for days and wanted to access the cameras from Canada Also have LuxRiot monitoring software which seems to work fine on Camera I appreciate any wisdom have searched here on Port Forwarding and seem to be a lot of problems with it but didn t find my specific situation nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I need the x axis to represent different months. In my file, column D represents different months, starts with 10 (October) and Ends with 1 (January). I need column D to be the Horizontal axis on my graph. Any ideas, help.

Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having trouble with using my gaming controllers on my computer. My first controller acts as if someone is pulling the right analog down all the time. At first I thought it was just the controller so I bought a new one, however the new controller acts as if the left analog is pulled down, or it will move down a bit and start twitching up and down. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, no help there, my usb ports seem to be fine because I switched the mouse around and it is doing fine. I have no idea what is going on, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 42.57%

I need software that has axis activex camera control, i don't know what is it or enything else, they just said me to find something with that, so if any help, i would say THANKS MUCH! sry for bad english.

A:Need axis activex camera control software?

Go here: http://www.axis.com/techsup/software/acc/index.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-axis-activex-camera-control-software.1067818/
Relevancy 42.14%

Over the years I ve built several graphs with Office It is standard options axis No 2003 min/max Access/Graph for scale procedure Access/Graph 2003 No min/max scale options for axis for me to define my axis scales instead of using the default auto-scale options However the graph I made today in Access offers no options for defining the scale When I view the Format X Axis Scale dialog all it says is quot Value Y axis crosses at Access/Graph 2003 No min/max scale options for axis category number Number of categories between tick-mark labels Number of categories between tick marks quot followed by these three options Value Y axis crosses between categories Categories in reverse order and Value Y axis crosses at maximum category However when I view the Format Y Axis Scale dialog it provides me the standard options for Min Max Major Minor and all that I guess it just doesn t like my Y axis data but I don t see a logical problem with my Y axis data The x-axis measures quantity sold and the Y axis measures time - it s that basic My three input fields are Item code date of sale quantity sold where quot item code quot is merely the link to the main form telling Access which product I wish to view the graph of I ve already sunk about hours into this one single issue What hair I don t pull out will fall out on it s own in the near future nbsp

A:Access/Graph 2003 No min/max scale options for axis

Travis28, welcome to the Forum.
Unfortunately the Access version of MS Graph is very poor. The Date Scale does not seem to offer the Min Max and would appear to be automatically controlled by the data shown in the Grid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-graph-2003-no-min-max-scale-options-for-axis.961626/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm running Windows 10 on a 5 yr old Dell, model XPSL702X  64 bit system.
I very recently received an update notification through Windows  re: STMicroelectronics - Other hardware - STMicroelectronics 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer. Before I accept the install, does anyone have an idea of whether I should ? I have no idea what the install will do... The notification msg reads in part - 'We need to do a separate installation to complete the update..."
I have absolutely no idea what this update is for...I can't see any devices this might apply to.. though I'm not sure I know what to look for...

thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993709
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I'm having problems with my mouse and video games. (PC). Please watch this video and I will be thankful. Basically my mouse skips and IDK why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQk2_pBzz4

1. I get only 30ish FPS with a quad core 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM but I have integrated graphics, is it solely because of my integrated? (6550D, 4GB)

2. Radeon 6950 vs. 6970, is it JUST a FIRMWARE change, and will I be able to basically make a 6950 a 6970?

3. THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: My mouse isn't a gaming mouse, it's just one that came with the comp, first when I'm like aiming, it's really inacurate because it seems like it skips some locations on the X-AXIS (and Y-AXIS) of the game...

A:Gaming mouse problem -- skipping points on the X/Y axis...?

Have you checked your DPI settings? Are you sure it's not due to lag?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-problem-skipping-points-on-the-x-y-axis.177846/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using 32 bit Vista, and a Cannon MF3240, with an Axis print server. Printing works fine.

I can scan if I by pass the AXIS print server and connect directly to the MF3240 with a USB cable using a windows 7, 64 bit laptop. I think I can do the same with the Vista 32 bit, I think I did years ago but I forget. What I need is a solution to allow me to scan through the Axis print server so that I can remote scan through the net work. But I can not seem to get the laptop scanner software packages I have, or even the axis or cannon software to find the Cannon scanner. It finds it as a printer, but not as a scanner.

I am hoping to find something that can make it work through the network for scanning. Looking for some ideas.

Relevancy 42.14%

hey guys,
i have a report in access that shows a buncha graphs, it takes the information to be graphed from a table. An event in the form triggers the query which creates the table and which in turn creates the graphs in the reports. The query has a date parameter. so say the user enters dates between 8/1/07 - 9/1/07 ..not all the dates have information associated with it. But the graph however shows dates for every week.....the graph is to be sent to the vendors and i am afraid it could be mis-understood..is there any way to make it such that the x-axis strictly only show all those dates for which there is a y-value from the table?? and if yes then how..

thanks for any help on this!

Relevancy 42.14%

i have a brand new HP Laptop with a 3.2 P4 and I just bought a EA Games game pak with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, and I love it, so I got an Axis Pad controller from Wally World, but everytime I try to use it, about a minute into starting the game my comp locks up and I can't do anything but hold down the power button till it restarts, Anyone have any ideas? I tried getting a new directx 9.0 driver, but it didn't help any, and I don't know what else to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-locks-up-when-using-an-axis-pad-cntrlr-in-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-2.264116/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have a user on a XP pc with Office 2007. He is having problems when he is printing a graph - some of the details on the Y axis are missing and also the graph header (see example2). Looks OK in print preview and also if he prints to a PDF file (see example1). Same result when he tries otehr printers from the same pc and old files containing graphs have the same problem. If he selects the graph and prints, then it prints OK but this is not really an option when he has multiple pages with multiple graphs.

The same documents on 2 other PCs prints OK.

Any ideas on what is causing this ?

-iem

A:Solved: printed graph missing some Y axis and header

I had that same problem. I uninstalled the Excel updates I had automatically installed on 12/15 and the problem went away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printed-graph-missing-some-y-axis-and-header.1032405/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Maxtor Central Axis connected to one of the LAN lines of my Netgear WPN824N wireless router.  Before a recent move, I was able to access the drive from both computers on my network.  After the move, I can access the drive through its software,
but not through Windows explorer.  I would like to be able to access through Windows explorer. I would also like to allow access to a MAC computer on the network.  Any suggestions?

A:No access to Maxtor Central Axis through Windows 7 on wireless network

Contact Seagate\Maxtor support as it is not a Windows issue. The device was not designed for Windows 7.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/edfd5e83-4b7b-426d-a6e8-74ff62610306/no-access-to-maxtor-central-axis-through-windows-7-on-wireless-network?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 41.28%

I've just replaced the digitizer (touch screen) assembly on a HP Pavilion x360 11-k009tu Windows 10 laptop. All ok except the x-axis is reversed i.e. mirrored around the vertical axis, so if you touch on the left it responds on the right and vice-versa. I've tried many suggested solutions, none of the following have helped:> Re-calibrating the touch screen> Reverting to a system restore point prior to the digitizer replacement> De-installing & re-installing the touch screen device in Device Manager> De-installing & re-installing the touch screen drivers> Installing the latest touch screen drivers from HP support site> etc etc etc I did come across a reference somewhere re editing the touch screen calibration data (in registry or calibration file) and reversing the x-values but have since been unable to find that reference again. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Reversed-touch-screen-x-axis-on-HP-Pavilion-x360-11-k009tu/td-p/5850805
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello Everyone I'm trying this in the proper review format I'm having a major pop-up problem Prompting me to change my Homepage everytime I open my web browser I poll lite" "axis love help? looked "axis love poll lite" help? over my registry and I found quot axis love poll lite quot as one of my entries and I am pretty sure it is a trojan Many will notice that my Norton is currently outdated but I'm in the process of purchasing the software Could you guys please review these logs and advise me "axis love poll lite" help? as necessary Thanks a million P S If you guys see problems besides the one I identified please give me a heads up Thanks again DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bodden House at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW Norton AntiVirus enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility PIXMA iP D PDUiP DMemCrdMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility PIXMA iP D PDUiP DMon exe C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility PIXMA iP D PDUiP DTskbr exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LU LULnchr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LU LogitechUpdate exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearchFilter exe C Documents and Settings Bodden House Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks N A b b - - d -b d- ebb ba f a - c program files asksbar srchastt bin A SRCHAS DLL BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO b b - - d -b d- ebb ba f a - c program files asksbar srchastt bin A SRCHAS DLL BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO dsWebAllowBHO Class f d c- - f-a - e bd e - c program files windows desktop search dsWebAllow dll BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper Class f ed c... Read more

A:"axis love poll lite" help?

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Download & save ComboFix to your Desktop but don't run it yet

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs) if they exist:

Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD)

You have installed Messenger Plus! Live. This program is known to install the malware that you have, a LOP infection. If the program is a must have, reinstall it later, and decline when asked to install the sponsor's software.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

Quote:

File::
c:\windows\system32\rtstv.bak1
c:\windows\system32\rtstv.bak2
c:\windows\system32\rtstv.ini2

Folder::
c:\Program Files\CurbPlatformCash
c:\docume~1\bodden~1\applic~1\curbpl~1
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\each new axis love

DDS::
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
uRun: [Tick grim] c:\docume~1\bodden~1\applic~1\curbpl~1\Settings Bias Stop.exe
mRun: [NI.UWFX5_0001_LP1014] "c:\documents and settings\bodden house\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\onkxi3gd\WinFixer2005ScannerInstall[1].exe"
mRun: [c:\windows\system32\kdgoj.exe] c:\windows\system32\kdgoj.exe
mRun: [axis love poll lite] c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\each new axis love\BEND JUGS.exe
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-142-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_06-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_03-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_03-windows-i586.cab
AppInit_DLLs: c:\program,files\relevantknowledge\rlai.dll,c:\program,files\relevantknowledge\rlai.dll,c:\program,files\relevantknowledge\rlai.dll,c:\program,files\relevantknowledge\rlai.dll,c:\program files\relevantknowledge\rlai.dll

Save this as "CFScript"

Referring to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.

Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

The Windows recovery console will allow you to boot up into a... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/axis-love-poll-lite-help-350722.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello Everyone I'm having alot of poll love help? "axis lite" trouble with pop ups on my comp and I've come to the conclusion that a certain registry file is indicating that I have a trojan Please review my HijackThis log and advise me if you can Thanks a million Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C "axis love poll lite" help? WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM "axis love poll lite" help? EXE C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility PIXMA iP D PDUiP DMemCrdMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility PIXMA iP D PDUiP DMon exe C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility PIXMA iP D PDUiP DTskbr exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LU LULnchr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LU LogitechUpdate exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http search imesh com sidebar html src ssb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local R - URLSearchHook no name - BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - no file R - URLSearchHook A F - - CA - B-A CEECB B - - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - Hosts www nittorevolution com O - Hosts nittorevolution com O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO dsWebAllowBHO Class - F D C- - F-A - E BD E - C Program Files W... Read more

A:"axis love poll lite" help?

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/axis-love-poll-lite-help-350666.html
Relevancy 36.98%

working in excel macro i think i was downloading when i accidently hit somthing i dont know what and now the window wont colapse . maybe i should say minimise.

A:Problems with Excel

Howdy and welcome, I've moved this to the business apps forum as it obviously wasn't a game issue.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-excel.1161064/
Relevancy 36.98%

Help!!! I've added info to an Excel spreadsheet (I use XP and my Excel is v 2002) that I was sent from my boss. When finished I saved it and when I tried sending it to him, he could not open it. I tried sending it to myself and when I try to open it I get the following error message:

File format is not valid.

However, when I open the spreadsheet it is all there and I can view it just fine, add info to it but cannot send it for some reason. I've tried saving it as a different type as well but that did not work either. I need to get this info back to my boss today so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and by the way, great site!

A:Excel problems

Try zipping it up and sending it to yourself, then attempt to unzip it. If it can't be unzipped, it may be your email application is having problems with attachments.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/excel-problems-35237.html
Relevancy 36.98%

EXCEL : My wife is a teacher and the report cards are created using EXCEL. Is there a ways to enter the same data on every sheet for a cell? For ecxample... The date , instead of manually copying and pasting 35 times, I would like a command that would allow me to do it on one cell, and have it affect the same cells on other sheets.

Relevancy 36.98%

When I double click an excel file from any location, desktop, shared drive, etc. It only opens the program, in order to open the file you have to go to file-open, which is the long way of doing things.

Another office documents open when double clicked, like work, powerpoint. I've opened the file on other computers and they open when double clicked.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

A:Excel problems

Hi katybee

It sounds like the Open command for that File Type may be incorrect or missing.

What operating system?

For WindowsXP
Open My Computer
Tools > Folder Options > File Types tab
Scroll down to the XLS extension (Microsoft Excel Worksheet), select it and click on the Change button, does it show Microsoft Excel as the Recommended Program?

If not, scroll down and select Microsoft Excel, OK, Apply, OK to save and Close.
If Microsoft Excel IS showing as the Recommended Program, click Cancel then click the Advanced button.

In the Edit File Type dialog window, under Actions: select Open then click Edit

This is what I have on a non networked computer:
Application used to perform action:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" /e

Check the File Type Open Action, on a computer that works correctly to get the correct path to use.

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-problems.333158/
Relevancy 36.98%

The results from simple math operations are not correct. For example, the result reported for (4.447)*(0.1) is 0.000. I specified the format to be numbers. Many other formulas are not working at all. Any ideas of what is happening and how could it be fixed.

What happens if you multiply 4.447 * 10 ?
Is the result 44.47?

Your example 4.447 * .01 = 0.4447
Do you have some type of rounding rule i4 like 5/4 in effect?
5/4 rule for your example would result in correct answer = 0.000

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-excel-367874.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a user whose Excel is operating very slowly on her system. Also, it will not allow her to view or print any of her files in landscape format. She's running NT 4.0 Workstation, has 128 MB RAM and plenty of hard drive space. Any help would be great.

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,.

Unfortunately a very important Excel Document of mine has currupted, so i cannot acess all the information on there. I was wondering whether i could view or use the information in another programme? Ive tries notepad, but all the words are formatted into symbols. Ive also tried opening this notepad into a new excel document in the format of 'text files', but the only message i get is ' Cannot be acessed, the file may be read only, or you may be trying to acess a read only location. or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding'. (The docuemtn was not read only, was password protected, and no read only boxes are ticked).

Any help would be much appreciated

Jess

Relevancy 36.98%

I NEED HELP MY EXCEL FILE KEPT ON CRASHING I DONT T KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP ME HERE S THE CODE Private Sub Cancelcmd Click Unload Me End Sub Private Sub Image Click End problems Excel Sub Private Sub OptionButton Click End Sub Private Sub Y Excel problems Click End Sub Private Sub FaceText Change End Sub Private Sub NButton Click Set No as default NButton Value True End Sub Private Sub YButton Click End Sub Private Sub YearText Change End Sub Private Sub ClearCmd Click Call LEXRECWEEK Initialize End Sub Private Sub EmailText Change End Sub Private Sub FirstText Change End Sub Private Sub LastText Change End Sub Private Sub NickText Change End Sub Private Sub SubmitCmd Click Make Sheet active Sheet Activate Determine emptyRow emptyRow WorksheetFunction CountA Range quot A A quot Transfer information Cells emptyRow Value LastText Value Cells emptyRow Value FirstText Value Cells emptyRow Value NickText Value Cells emptyRow Value YearText Value Cells emptyRow Value FaceText Value Cells emptyRow Value EmailText Value If YButton Value True Then Cells emptyRow Value quot quot Else Cells emptyRow Value quot quot End If MsgBox quot Welcome to the famiLEX quot End Sub Private Sub LEXRECWEEK Initialize Empty LastText LastText Value quot quot Empty FirstText FirstText Value quot quot Empty NickText NickText Value quot quot Empty YearText YearText Value quot quot Empty FaceText FaceText Value quot quot Empty EmailText EmailText Value quot quot Set NButton as default NButton Value True YButton Value False Set Focus on LastText LastText SetFocus End Sub Private Sub UserForm Click Set NButton as default NButton Value True End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a customer who just called me with a unique problem. When she opens excel she is totally missing her a column and also the file,edit,view buttons are gone but and the toolbar starts at Insert. I am wonder if anyone else has ever seen this problem before. I know that it is not just a column problem because i tried to get her to drag out from the right hand corner of the spreadsheet to see if column a would show up but it does nothing. I have never seen anything like this before so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Check out my troubleshooting steps:

www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm

Follow the directions.
It WILL become fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-excel.136032/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello! I have Microsoft Excel 2002 at home. I notice when I drag and highlight cells in Excel, it does strange things. For example, it may not highlight all of the cells, it skips a cell and goes to the end of the cell at random, etc. I just used Malware and Counterspy to clean my computer but no viruses were detected. Why would this happen? Thx.

A:Excel Problems

Have you run any files with macros? You might try deleting Excel11.xlb (C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel -->> it might be named different for 2002 version, maybe Excel10.xlb) and then reopen excel and see if fixes the issue. I have found that this file can become corrupted (similar to normal.dot in msword).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348664/excel-problems/