Windows Support Forum

excell data files

Q: excell data files

ok.. I have another mystery that we can not solve. In excell out of a room with 25 machines. all done the same time, the same way, same software. Ok here's the problem. If you open excel go to the data menu, click the import external data and then import data. It should open up to a folder called my data sources and 5 files will be listed there. Now this works on 3 machines. The rest all open up to My Documents. If you click on my data files only 2 files are there. However if you go the actual folder under office you can find the data folder and all files are there.

any clues?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: excell data files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.38%

My old Laptop had Office 2000. My new one Office 2007. A number of my old Excell files I have changed from 97-2003 format to the new one.

I burned a Excell file to a cd and put it on my wife's pc, but could not open it with her Excell 2000 and when I did open it it was in symbols, not text. My question is, do my files have to be saved as a 97-2003 format Excell file first before being sent to other people with earlier versions of Excell so they can open them? I had someone email me today that they could not open an Excell file i just sent from my new laptop that I have sent them for years every month from my old laptop.

And is the problem with only old files from my Excell 2000 in my Office 2007 or will I have this problem with even new files I create?
Thanks.
G

A:Excell 2007 files and Excell 97-2003 compatability problems

For people to open office 2007 files, with earlier versions need to install the Compatibility Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

So they either need to install that pack or you need to save the files as the 97-2003 format, which I would recommend, since not many people are using Office 2007

You can change the default save of a word or excel file to the 97-2003, its in the options, click on the Office icon and then click Word or Excel Options then Save

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excell-2007-files-and-excell-97-2003-compatability-problems.593827/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello there!
I am working on a database for work two of the tables are of customers and distributors contact details which are are excell spreadsheets that have been exported from sage.
These spreadsheets are all over the place ie I need to list the postcodes in a form in access but they are not all in one column in the excell sheet!
does anyone know a way, using a macro perhaps, to sort through the excell sheets and putting all postcodes into a certain column???
thanks for the help!
iain

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
Using Excell 2000......

Need help #1
I need to append a "0" to every field that only contains 1 digit.
Line 1 of Column A needs to have an "06" instead of just "6".
Line 2 of Column A is fine
Line 3 of Column A needs to have an "05" instead of just "5".
Line 4 of Column A needs to have an "03" instead of just "3".
etc.

column...A
line 1.....6
line 2.....11
line 3.....5
line 4.....3
etc.

Need help #2
Counting right to left, I need to remove the 3rd and 4th characters
Line 1 of Column A needs to have an "01" instead of "2001".
Line 2 of Column A needs to have an "11" instead of "2011".
Line 3 of Column A needs to have an "08" instead of "2008".
etc.

column...A
line 1.....2001
line 2.....2011
line 3.....2008
etc.

Thanks in advance for your help - ksquared

A:Excell 2000 data manipulation help

To the first question.
Select the range for which you need the formatting, then from the toolbar click Format-->Cells.... Alternately you can right-click the selection and choose Format Cells... from the context menu.

In the Format Cells window, click Custom in the Category frame (on the left side of the window) under the Number tab.

Type two zeros in the textbox labeled Type (it should contain the text "General").

Click OK.
This will append a leading zero to any 1-digit number. Caveat: this will coerce any numbers to integers.

To the second question.

If I understand you correctly, you only want two digits per field, no matter how many are entered, and they have to be the rightmost two digits? What is the application for this? If you want the kind of functionality where a user keys a number into a cell, and that number is truncated to a value somehow as soon as the user tabs out of the cell, I don't know...otherwise you might be able to get what you're after using the =RIGHT function.

HTH

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excell-2000-data-manipulation-help.397393/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have an inventory spreadsheet that tracks the order number product ID and the costumer billing and shipping information Unfortunately the customer information is only associated with the st product ID of the order I need - line data. Excell a of copy help the same information populated for each of the products associated with the same order number I ve been doing Excell help - copy a line of data. it manually with a cut and past but it Excell help - copy a line of data. s very time consuming not to mention quite tedious Can someone help me with a short cut of some kind My apologies for the text written spreadsheet I don t know how to insert a picture of the real one Thanks in advance for your help Using Excel A B C D E F M Order ProductID Name Address CC Date Date jp Smith aw sa jp Doee jp I need to copy fields C through M of line and paste them in fields C through M of lines and Same thing for fields c thru M of line pasting into line And the list goes on and an nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I need help in appending data in a column of cells. I've been doing this manually with a cut and paste but just know that there's a better way.

Column A
line 1 4567
line 2 4568
line 3 4569
line 4 4570
line . .......

I need to add 061604 to the contents so it end up looking like this

Column A
line 1 4567061604
line 2 4568061604
line 3 4569061604
line 4 4570061604
line . .......

The contents of the cells in column A change every day but they are always 4 characters in length.
What I append changes too but is always 6 characters.

I'd like to be able to build a hot key that will let me type the 6 character data and after I type it in, automatically append it to every cell in column A.

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Excel 2000

Relevancy 60.2%

How To Use Data Feeds? I should append my affiliate no. and SKU number of that product to 1 url link and I have 7000 product. How to do that in excell?

"Get The SKU for the product:
1. The SKU can be found in the first field of the datafeed
2. Copy the numeric value
3. Append the SKU found in the first field of the datafeed to this URL:

Let say SKU is [907624] and my No. is[1234567891011]
4. An example for our White Feather & Down Comforter (SKU 907624) is:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/statform?id=[SITE.CODE]&offerid=57189&bnid=889&subid=0&OSSKU=[SKU]
"
I have PC, win xp,excell 2003.
Thank you
K.

Relevancy 56.33%

Friends, last year I created a file in windows word Excel format, Today , when I opened it, it did open but the contents are all gibberish and illegible. How can I retrieve the contents in a legible format like English. Thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a computer running Vista are Files Excell themselves renaming home premium It is working as the main storage computer for other machines that access it s files It Excell Files are renaming themselves appears to be randomly renaming files that have been opened For example on file named quot finantial data quot was being worked on and later when I tried to open it again it no longer was in it s directory Instead there was a file named quot B quot When opened it was the correct file This appears to be only Excell files but we seldom use anything else This problem started yesterday I don t know if it is related but I also can t get several Windows updates to install A couple of the ones that won t update are KB and KB I have run a full scan with AVG I have done a SFC I have tried the updates as administrator and tried installing them individualy The updates don t concern me as much as the file name changes UNLESS they are a symptom of the problem Just in case a Hijack this log is attached Thank you

A:Excell Files are renaming themselves

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384249/excell-files-are-renaming-themselves/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just upgraded to a new PC; same OS - XP pro sp2. for the first week all was fine now when I click on an excell spreadsheet excell opens BUT does not load the spreadsheet????? I checked all the folders setting and they seem right....whats up??

A:Opening An Excell Spreadsheet But Excell Won't Load It

I am unclear whether you cannot open the spreadsheet from Excel, or on the other hand you cannot open the file on your hard drive by clicking on it there. Does this happen to all spreadsheets or just one in particular? Have you checked the files Properties to see what is under "opens with'?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137452/opening-an-excell-spreadsheet-but-excell-wont-load-it/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I don t really know how to 2000 2007 Excell to Solved: Excell ask Solved: Excell 2000 to Excell 2007 this but here goes Solved: Excell 2000 to Excell 2007 I recently bought a new PC which is running MS Office Pro My old PC has MS Office PRO When I open Excell on my old PC it comes up as quot Microsoft Excell - Personal quot Many years actually many many years ago when I started using macros I vaguelly remember doing something here creating a spreadsheet called personal which is storing all of my macros After I did what it was I did everytime I launch excell it always opens with a workbook called quot personal quot even though I have no idea where it lives It seems like I went somewhere else to set this up WHat I want to do is transfer my settings and my macros from Excell to Excell In other words I want Excell to look and function the same as my old set up I feel like a real dunce here as I don t even know if I m asking the right quesitons let alone know what to search for Can someone help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I am working on a pc that has important wks files created in a very old Works program I believe ver There are about files I am trying to transfer these file to a new computer with MS Office installed I have read on the internet that I can open the files one at the time with Excell and save as xls Two problems with this approach I would have to do this manually one at the time and I tried this and the file files a need xls(Excell) to wks(Works) of batch covert I to will not open without and window asking me all sorts of technical questions I don't understand about the file I believe the reason for this is because the Works files were created with version maybe older and the Office version is much newer I have both and I will include a snapshot of the window that occurs when I try to open with Excell just for your viewing however I would prefer a software program that would simply convert the files I found one who's reliability is in question and it must be purchased for bucks Needless to say I am not going to purchase any software that I will use only once to convert files that are important to someone else not me I would like to help the owner upgrade to Office or Excell will accomplish I need to covert a batch of wks(Works) files to xls(Excell) the tasks he was using Works for and do it better Please offer me suggestions and I thank you

A:I need to covert a batch of wks(Works) files to xls(Excell)

This Microsoft Article should help:
Open Microsoft Works files in Excel - Excel - Office.com

and this:
Move from Microsoft Works to Microsoft Office 2010 - Excel - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185235-i-need-covert-batch-wks-works-files-xls-excell.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Its been a week now since i have this problem that im unable to save MSoffice files on my laptop's C drive I keep on getting the message quot Your changes cannot be saved to quot fxx xxx quot because of sharing violation quot This started when i removed my membership from administrators group to power user and change the owner from me to administrators group i did if for standard security setup in our office for all computers im part of administrator team so i know the admin password anyway Since then im not able to save any MSoffice file on c So far this is the only program that i save (excell, on files word, Unable MSoffice etc) C to know of that wont allow me to save files on c although i tried running a standalone program from D no installtion Unable to save MSoffice files (excell, word, etc) on C required and create a profile or user for that parcticular program then close the program and open it again but the profile is not being created I tried doing it using admin login and it is able to create i can also save MSoffice file on c Funny thing is on the other machine the same standard security set up is working for a power user i tried reinstalling the msoffice XP program but to no avail I tried adding my name again on the administrators group stil not able to save

A:Unable to save MSoffice files (excell, word, etc) on C

Quote: Originally Posted by 2010incubus

Its been a week now since i have this problem that im unable to save MSoffice files on my laptop's C drive. I keep on getting the message "Your changes cannot be saved to "fxx.xxx" because of sharing violation."
This started when i removed my membership from administrators group to power user and change the owner from me to administrators group, i did if for standard security setup in our office for all computers (im part of administrator team, so i know the admin password anyway). Since then im not able to save any MSoffice file on c.
So far this is the only program that i know of that wont allow me to save files on c although i tried running a standalone program from D (no installtion required) and create a profile/or user for that parcticular program, then close the program and open it again but the profile is not being created. I tried doing it using admin login and it is able to create i can also save MSoffice file on c. Funny thing is, on the other machine the same standard security set up is working for a power user. i tried reinstalling the msoffice XP program but to no avail. I tried adding my name again on the administrators group stil not able to save.

would setting yourself up with a new account plus admin privileges work..?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/116731-unable-save-msoffice-files-excell-word-etc-c.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hiya

The Microsoft Data Analyzer design and create data cubes article sample files provides sample source data for creating data cubes from text files. Use this file in conjunction with the article Design and Create Data Cubes from Text Files.

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/daCubePrinciples.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/downloa...seID=43350&area=search&ordinal=12&redirect=no

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-analyzer-3-5-design-and-create-data-cubes-sample-files.97614/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a 2d HD in my desktop so it is perfect for a data partition. However I am uncertain how to migrate all my current data files, especially Outlook info, (email, contacts, calendar, notes, journals) and folders, saved email, sent email...etc. I am uncertain
how to set Outlook to there after use the data partition instead of my
c: Drive. Any suggestions or help.

A:Migrating Data Files To A Data Disk

You do not want to use the Import/Export function for Outlook files. Read how here:http://office.microsoft.com/More reading here:http://www.slipstick.com/http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138904/migrating-data-files-to-a-data-disk/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem with a program not saving preset data Possibly due to harlink extenstion with only names but not zero correctly files [File byte files] saving Data one piece of software I use symbolic hardlinks on my system but I do not know if the following has any bearing on the issue with the software I am using The software is a plugin that works within a host digital audio workstation software Steinberg Cubase and plugin Soundtoys V and uses presets for different settings All software is legit and registered I have contacted the developer regarding the issue Data files not saving correctly [File names but zero byte files] with no resolve so trying here as the issue may largely be to do with windows The associate plugin has been installed with admin permissions and the host DAW software is run with full administrative rights I Data files not saving correctly [File names but zero byte files] have double checked that there are no hardlink main or subfolders used in the installation path for the plugin software All other rd party plugins work fine when saving presets and using symbolic links of which there's about rd party plugins installed using the main host system however this particular software is not saving correctly It will save the preset name as a zero byte file and reports unable to save at location All other plugins work fine even when using symbolic links when saving preset data The issue may have been to Data files not saving correctly [File names but zero byte files] do with a previous install of the soundtoys software as a phantom install directory is being created during the installation E Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys I did originally install the software using the symbolic hardlink to E Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys After hitting the issue of presets not saving I uninstalled the software manually searched both c and e drive and registry for any soundtoys redundant files and directories Rebooted ccleaned and resintalled the software plugin WIHTOUT any hardlinks On the reinstall the following problem occurs When installing the software the installer creates a user preset folder with factory presets and for saving user presets to C Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys However the software when launched automatically shows the preset bank menu as empty but all the data folders and files are present at the location C Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys This default location has all the folders subfolders and data files within it where it should be as instructed automatically by the installer however the save function still throw up the unable to save preset error Saving the file name as zero bytes and unloadable Within the plugin software there is a dropdown link called organise which takes you to the preset file location which should be C Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys However the Soundtoys plugin installer has created a new folder on the secondary drive which did have an historical symbolik hardlink which has since been removed E Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys This is where the software is trying to save the user presets and is also looking for the factory preset data by default This is not specified or shown as during the install process as it clearly states data fodler at C Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys location The E Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys is created by the system post installation is empty except for the folder and subfolders but no physical data During the installation process all folder locations are deafulted by the installer with no option to manually select an alternative folder drive To get the software to see the factory presets I have to pick the folder and file structure using the hardlink extension from C Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys and drop as symbolic link in E Users Public Documents Soundtoys Soundtoys The plugin software now sees the expected folders and data files so works for the f... Read more

A:Data files not saving correctly [File names but zero byte files]

If you can select the save location, try saving to a different folder or on your desktop. It could be access right issue. I would find the specific folder, right-click on it, select Properties and then click the Security tab. To make sure there is no access restriction, I would add the user Everyone and give him (as well all the others) full access, just in case.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/30099-data-files-not-saving-correctly-file-names-but-zero-byte-files.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have copied files from an infected computer to - a flash drive and a - portable hard drive that plugs into a usb port - the files I want to copy are both data files and application files - Data files include text files ms office documents image files videos etc - Application files include MS Access mdb data base files which may include visual basic for applications code - Ditto for Excel files - Some application development stuff like MS Visual Studio Projects How can I safely scan these files before putting them on a clean computer Thanks for any help PS I think I have Autorun turned off on the clean computer via using RegEdit to go to HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt CurrentVersion gt Policies gt Explorer gt quot NoDriveTypeAutoRun quot and verifying that the hex value of the first byte is which as I understand it to How on files) drive? external files safely (or scan other data exclueds unknown removable and remote drives from autorun via instructions here http autorun moonvalley com enable htm

A:How to safely scan data files (or other files) on external drive?

Install Panda USB Vaccine, or BitDefender?s USB Immunizer on your computer to protect it from any infected USB device.Then you're safe to connect any external device and scan it with your AV program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459742/how-to-safely-scan-data-files-or-other-files-on-external-drive/
Relevancy 44.72%

I know where they are. I think I have placed them back into the proper location, but I can not send or receive with error message data file can not be accessed.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and still receiving same message

thank you

A:accidentally exported outlook pst files and data files can not be accessed

If you have had Outlook reinstalled recently, you may need to go to Tools/Account Settings to add your personal files. 

Click Tools.  Choose Account Settings. 

A window will open. Click Data Files. Choose Add. Then Choose the .pst file and Click OK. Click OK to Save, it will prompt you for a password which you can enter if desired or just click OK. You will then see the list of .pst files in your Account Settings.  Click Close. (you may have more than one .pst file so you will have to repeat these steps).

This is something to try and see if it works. Your personal folders should now show up in your Navigation pane with all your other folders. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503908/accidentally-exported-outlook-pst-files-and-data-files-can-not-be-accessed/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have some songs on my computer that I wanted to save as data files or burn as an mp3 cd because they take up too much space as regular music files. And my Drag'nDrop Burn Program that came w/ my computer got deleted somehow awhile back. All I have is Real One Player and Windows Media Player now. Is there anyway to do this through those programs?

* I tried playing around w/ the Real One Player but it didnt work...of course I dont know that much about computers.

Thanks!

A:Saving music files as data files?

You can burn CD's with Windows Media Player

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-music-files-as-data-files.280593/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi ,
my system hdd is formated that having 50 gb bitlocker Drive(F: drive) Win 7 OS. now i using Win 8 OS .i recover my all other drives with data but not bitlocker drive .after recovering all drives 50 gb space is unallocated i guess that it is my bitlocker drive and i allocate that space now that is my G: drive but not having any data .so i tried all possible softwares easeUs, Recover Data for Windows,Wondershare Data Recovery,M3 Bitlocker Recovery,AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro Edition 5.5,DiskInternals EFS Recovery,Recover Data for Windows etc for getting the data from that drive atlast i got the data but in raw form (mostly in mpeg format).

Now plz help me how to get my data from that recovered files that is in unknown format .plz chk the images of data recovered .

Attachment 46876Attachment 46877Attachment 46878Attachment 46879Attachment 46880Attachment 46881
plz help me my data is very important .

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49923-how-get-my-data-recovered-files-unknown-files.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Can I burn music files to a CD as data files and still use them to burn later as music CDs?

Relevancy 39.99%

Dear Bleeping Computer friends I have a big problem with my computer It has started to acr.data files write files to my desktop and is rapidly filling it up acr.data files The files are prefixed ACR b temp and another is metatemp- eb-f a - - b c- bc- what ever that is It also writes a file called St Cyres temp The St Cyres file I found was a photograph folder containing school photographs I copied this file to my external hard drive and deleted the one on my C hardrive But it continues to write this file in ever bigger files one after the other and is slowly filling up my computer memory The machine is like watching paint dry now I have booted the PC up in Safe Mode and this allows me to deleate them but once back to normal the files start to write themselves again The ACR b temp and the meta file states that it is being used by another program and cannot be deleted The St Cyres files allow me to delete some but then state they are also being used by another programe I have run Node virus programe in both normal and safe and found nothing Last night I downloaded AVG free and scanned my computer in safe mode and it found Trojan Horse Dieler ycd and Win Heur virus Both have been deleted by AVG but the promlem remains Have you experts any advice to share with this novice Or do I have to reformat it and start afresh I thank you all in advance for your advice and assistance

A:acr.data files

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418473/acrdata-files/
Relevancy 39.99%

What's with Program Data, Program Files, and Program Files (64)?
They're the same thing and is eating my memory.

A:Data,Files,(64x)?

If you look inside each of those three folders you'll see they are not "the same thing". Their content is different. Also they are not "eating your memory". They are eating your disk space but that is unavoidable unless you decide to never install anything.

64-bit Windows may appear to have duplicate folders but they are not identical content. It's just that 32-bit & 64-bit applications have to be kept in separate folders.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/data-files-64x-672267.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I use Hyperion financial software at work and doing so many backups, the large .cab files are consuming server space.

I don't know much of them, but if the files used for installation can be deleted once extracted?

A:data.cab files necessary?

Hi holymoly. this link may answer your question.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/168941

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-cab-files-necessary.643735/
Relevancy 39.99%

Am using Windows XP Home SP3
Now l know this is going to be a real stupid question but how do l backup programs to a dvd?
The only dvd burning progam l have is convertxtodvd, which obviously isn't what is needed.
I have a few programs with a capacity larger than a cd, so l thought rather than winrar them, l'll put them all onto a dvd. Ha, easier said than done!
I don't want some massive burning suite to do this, preferably just one simple program.
Can anyone advise with some options.
Many thanks

A:Data files to dvd using XP SP3

I use the freeware version of Deepburner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359519/data-files-to-dvd-using-xp-sp3/
Relevancy 39.99%

Basically I have a .dat file that needs opening and I can't do so. Normally they open up with notepad/MS word but when i open them crap is displayed(funny characters,random numbers etc). These files contain binary data(1's and 0's). I just need to be able to view these 1's and 0's.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

A:Data Files

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Many programs use .DAT files and these will be in some format specific to the program that created the file. It's important that you determine what program created the file. Once you have determined what program created the file you should then try to use that program to open it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-files-124652.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Windows XP Pro Toshiba A -S Old I reinstalled the OS and forgot to back up my GPS data files I let windows format the Files Data Recover GPS HD GB during the installation process Is there any chance sheer luck that the files might be recovered I fiddled Recover GPS Data Files with Testdisk Recover GPS Data Files photorec and boy does it find files It was over when I shut it down It Recover GPS Data Files filled an GB flash drive Some of the pictures were definitely from the previous installation But no GPS files Maybe the program had not reached the sectors where they are Or it is not even looking for them My GPS files are gdb and gpx neither of which appear on the list at cgsecurity org I looked at the instructions for adding custom signatures but it is beyond my understanding In general this program is beyond my understanding I had trouble with the drive selection RE save location but got it to work Also I made a post same topic on the cgsecurity org forum Any help appreciated Thank you

A:Recover GPS Data Files

Hi Senseless

I saw your post at cgsecurity and then found this one by searching here for 'gps files'. You used a different name there so I was pleasantly surprised to see it was you

At this point the difficulty with your situation stems from the fact that you've written a substantial amount of stuff to the drive that you are trying to recover from. I loathe telling someone to try a solution that they have to purchase as opposed to an open source solution but in this case it is probably your last best chance.

Try Restorer Ultimate in demo mode and see if you can find your files with it...
www.bitmart.net

It may see your old partition and it's structure prior to your format and reinstall.

If you can, you'll need to purchase it to do the recovery.

Hope this helps
James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461423/recover-gps-data-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

To relieve my overcrowed C Drive, I want to move the 36gb of App Data (folder) that is now on my C drive to my External HD. But I am afraid I will disturb many Applications that point to files within my App Data folder in its current location. Is there some safe way to do this? Any help is appreciated? Jerry (Vista 32-bit)

A:Moving App Data files to HD

Doesn't matter which drive the programs are installed on, they will still use the AppData folder in the Users profile. That is where user specific data is stored.

I'd be investigating why the folder is so large. Could just be the Temp folder hasn't been emptied in a while.
Have you empted the Temp folder recently?
Click Start, type %temp% in the search bpox and press Enter.
Delete everything in that folder (some files/folders might not delete, that's normal, just skip them).

If that's not it, use one of these to see what is using all the space in the AppData folder
Hard Drive space usage
WinDIRStat
TreeSize Free
Space Sniffer
Disk Detective
JDiskReport

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-app-data-files-to-hd.982579/
Relevancy 39.56%

I've a TDK Veloced and while I can transfer data and photo files to CD RW discs I cant to CD-R's. What have I missed.

A:Burning data files to a CD-R

Can you be more specific? Why can't you? Are you getting errors?

Please offer up some more details,

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-data-files-to-a-cd-r.194608/
Relevancy 39.56%

Finished my upgrade from Vista Ultimate 64 to Win 7 Pro 64, all went well, and things seem to be working out great. Updated BIOS, drivers, etc.

I have my personal data stored on two hard drives, one for backup of the other. So, last night I was going through my photographs and videos of my Dad's 90th birthday party (on my primary data drive), and there was only ONE photo!!!!!! Should have been 600!!!!!! Absolutely could not find the photos, reopened folders, etc.

I was able to restore these files from my backup drive, as they were all there (thankfully).....BUT WHAT HAPPENED? Both data drives are identical, and I typically use AllSync from the primary drive to the backup.

I can think of no activity that I have done that caused that to happen.

A:What happened to the data files?

There may be a file on the hard drive W7 is installed on called Windows.old that should contain copies of all your data from your previous install. After you get everything figured out and make sure you don't need it, you can delete that file but for now, if you can't find something, it should be in there.

But photos are supposed to go in C:\users\yourusername\my pictures

And, if you have more than one location for storing photos, you should add them all to the Pictures "Library" and then all those different locations will be accessible from that one location (which is actually meant to be a central pointer to or access point for the other locations, which can even be on other hard drives).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34483-what-happened-data-files.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Accidently, some files were deleted by holding down Shift + and Delete keys.

is there a way they can be restored?

A:is there a way to retrieve data files?

KrzyPrk
If the files were deleted from the Win98SE side of your system you may be able to recover using this software. There is a free trial and many have saved lost files using it. Not usable for W2K
http://www.softdownloads.com/

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-retrieve-data-files.84943/
Relevancy 39.56%

This is NOT a request for help but more along the lines of a guide OK here's the situation Computer Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H rev mobo Intel i - not -K CPU GB Kingston Black RAM Antec EA PSU Antec Easy-SATA disk adapter for boot disk The problem I have several different boot disks that can be plugged into the Antec adapter allowing me to change OSs easily My data disk D is also in an Antec adapter so that can be changed too The data disk is formatted in NTFS by Win I started with a fresh disk and clean installed 7/XP up files messes 8 Win data Win Win when it came out This was done with the data disk unplugged I then switched back to the win disk rebooted and got on with business as usual No problems with the Win installation BTW A few weeks later I started playing with Win I plugged in the Win disk leaving the data disk in and rebooted to start Win I allowed some updates then started the process of integrating the data files on D into Win When this was complete I shut down and switched the boot disk back to Win to get some work done Upon restart of Win chkdsk went nuts trying to fix the data disk After about errors I finally gave up and rebuilt the disk ARGGHHH It turns out I did some things wrong - NONE of which were pointed out by Microsoft - ANYWHERE First Win 8 messes up Win 7/XP data files I did a clean install of Win In and of itself this is not a problem It only becomes a problem if Win 8 messes up Win 7/XP data files Win or XP needs access to the data disk Seems that natively Win uses an improved file system called ReFS - a serious modification of NTFS Once ReFS gets hold of an NTFS data file it silently in the background corrects the file Win looks upon ReFS formatted Win 8 messes up Win 7/XP data files files as being severely broken and goes crazy trying to repair them Visions of the little cleanup bot in Wall-e After this fiasco I did a Google search on win corrupts win data files Lotsa good hits Tom's Hardware and TechNet also have good articles The recommendations boil down to the following Basically the best approach if you need to share files between Win and Win XP is to install Win AS AN UPGRADE to an existing running Win installation For some reason this seems to turn off ReFS and leaves NTFS intact No further problems This applies to single installs like mine and to dual-boot setups also I have one boot disk that had a running Win setup on it As an experiment I repartitioned it so I had GB available after the Win partition did a custom clean install of Win in that partition from a USB stick I built and ended up with a good dual-boot disk No problems with data files on D Apparently you only have to start with a disk containing Win or XP in the boot partition for ReFS to be disabled It was a bit frustrating until I figured all of this out Now I have two good Win installations although I haven't quite figured out what they are good for except maybe to play with On a desktop without a touch screen Win is basically a PITA and useless And NO the desktop IS NOT DEAD and won't be for a long time if ever RANT BTW the upgrade to Win was basically painless You have to start from the Microsoft Store which only offers the upgrade if your Win installation is fully updated The problem I see is that you have to download the upgrade EVERY TIME you want to do it There is no ISO or DVD available for installation That's fine if you have a fast internet connection but lots of us don't Mine is Mb down so I'm OK Not too cool Micro oft Anyway that's my tale of woe Hope it helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512752/win-8-messes-up-win-7xp-data-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

I had a problem with W SR locking up - startup sequence failed at quot verifying VMI pool data quot I repaired the Master Boot Record fdisk mbr which gave me access to W again but seemingly MS Missing Files Data to an older setup only old user Missing MS Data Files profiles shown and had to reload some drivers My main problem is that I cannot now find many of my MS Office data files in My Documents I have tried both quot old quot user profiles and bypassing user profiles to go into the default setup Files more than months or so old are still available but anything newer seems to have gone It is probable that this cut off point coincides with when the User Profiles were changed but that could be pure coincidence I Missing MS Data Files have run Scandisk Thorough but it found no errors Missing MS Data Files Does anyone have any ideas how I can retrieve the missing files Losing the User Profiles and going back to a single default user would not be a problem - losing the data is Thanks guys nbsp

A:Missing MS Data Files

Have you actually looked in Windoze Explorer to try and locate the files or done a find files or folders? If your FAT table was messed up I might see files dissapearing. I would first try a find files or folders first before giving up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-ms-data-files.78152/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Guys was wondering I have several old email data files (PST) that I no longer use and therefore have not included them in my Outlook 2010 profile. I was wondering is there anyway I can see what is in them without importing them into Outlook as I am after 1 specific email with a video attachment on it.

Steve

A:View Files in old PST data

Instead of importing from PST, you'll select File / "Open" / outlook data file -- point to pst and it will MOUNT the pst as a mailbox. You can then poke through it and close the pst once you're done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/172200-view-files-old-pst-data.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm trying to copy Corel Wordperfect suite to a cd. I used the wizard in Adaptec CD Creator, and the cd is blank. It went thru the motions, but nothing is on that cd. I then tried Nero, but before I got started the following appeared, and I have not continued:
"This compilation does not meet the ISO9660 standard; it contains at least one folder with pathdepth of more than 8 levels and/or a pathname longer than 255 characters. Are you sure you want to allow this?"
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a new second computer and it is my intent to load TurboTax 2006 on that computer.
My old computer has the previous years TurboTax on it from which I did my 2005 return.
I want to copy the data files over to the new computer so that I can import the 2005 data into the 2006 TurboTax so that I do not have to re enter all that data.
I cannot find the data files to copy. Can someone help me.

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Compac Presario tower=OEM with windows XP.. We can copy files to a floppy easy & quick.. When we try to copy files/data to a CD, I have been using the Sonic Program. I would like to be able to copy a file and add more files with a couple of quick clicks. Steps we take now.
My Documents=Click file. Click copy to CD. Click the drive. Click Copy. My Computer next. Right click on the drive. Click- Write these files to CD.
Wizard comes up. Click next. Takes 25 sec. 1 file.
Isn't there an easier way?

A:Writing files/data to a CD

You can install a UDF writer program (packet writer) like InCD (Sonic's product is called DLA) and use drag-and-drop with CD-RW discs. There are also UDF programs that let you use normal CD-Rs, but they are rather flaky in my experience.

You can't have simple drag and drop with normal ISO CDs, because the ISO 9660 filesystem is not really suitable for storing data Writing a new session for every dropped file would eat up your disk space very fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/writing-files-data-to-a-cd.61418/
Relevancy 39.56%

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I scoured this site for an hour files DVD recognized not on data and haven t found a solution yet Running Windows XP DVD CD ROM drives NEC DVD -RW ND - A I used Sonic came with computer to create a data DVD to back up some of my videos After a successful burn I put the dvd back into the drive to check it out and make data files not recognized on DVD sure it was good to go Well the dvd appeared to be empty I searched many ways to see if I could data files not recognized on DVD find files on the DVD no luck So I put the disc into my sons computer and low and behold the files are there I put it in my husbands computer and again the files are there Both computers use win XP My dvd cd drive reads every other disc fine Any idea what it could be I went to the device manager and tried to find driver updates but it said I was up to date Thanks in advance for any advice you may have Lisa nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

What are these. Can they be deleted

Thanks

A:Data Coll Files

Maybe this will help, found it on Google>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=what+are+datacoll+files?&spell=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-coll-files.135405/
Relevancy 39.56%

Everytime I use my outlook express 6 I get a warning "Windows was unable to save all the data for the file F:|$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try and save this file else where." First of all I can't find the file to save elsewhere. also I need to know a free program that recovers lost files and data to recover my information. I am using windows xp Pro. I just had to replace my mother board with a MSI 785GM-P35/ 785GM-p45. Please Help if anyone can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-files-and-data.961080/
Relevancy 39.56%

how do i recover lost data files????
Any software...that can help?
OS using: VISTA
i uninstalled Orbitdownloader from e:\annia but lost all data files in folder annia

Quick help required plzzzzz

Relevancy 39.56%

can anyone help this idiot

having had a virus, get into our computer, i tried to fix using the system recovery disc, made when first bought the computer, all i managed to do ,was wipe EVERTHING off, lost pictures, college and university work, everything.

even though the computer is abck up and running, i have being told it is possible to retrieve those files ,we want, eeven though the hard drive has being wiped ???? is this true, and where can i get a program from, to do this?
or do i have to take it to someone to do this.

my life depends on this. as daughters are about to kill me

so please help...........

A:Recovering Data Files

Here is a guide...Note that you will need to look at step 7 for pointers as you have reformatted your drive. There are software versions listed that are free and others that you will have to pay for. They may or may not retrieve all of the information realistically. There are also professional services that recover data but they can be on the expensive side.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111937/ways-to-recover-your-data/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153846/recovering-data-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have a data base file in c:\my documents\my pictures, this file has accumulated a large size and i was wondering if i can delete the w/o causing problems

A:data base files

What's the name of the file and what kind of database file is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-base-files.130273/
Relevancy 39.56%

So i'm trying to upgrade my OS to Windows 7 Ultimate and after doing a bit of research, it seems I have to separate my OS files from my data and program files. Now i've already partitioned my hard drive into 2 separate disks/drives but the only problem is, i have no idea which files i should move to the new drive in order to separate my OS files from the others. Can anyone help me out?
I've attached a screen shot of my C drive if anyone can point out which files i need to transfer
Cheers

A:Separating OS from data files HELP

Usually, it's just in your "users" directory under your name.... Documents, pictures, downloads, music, etc.... Those should be the majority of it unless you have specifically created a folder and put files into it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207841-separating-os-data-files-help.html
Relevancy 39.56%

using nero can i burn avi files to a dvd and still keep them in the original file format. i have done this by burning them as data but when i try to play them from the dvd the video and audio skip.
thanks in advance

Relevancy 39.56%

Does outlook 2003 store data in .pst files and if so where. All I can find is a pst folder with large files that don't have the .pst extension.

Relevancy 39.56%

I logged onto my computer this morning, and all connections/paths to personal type data is gone.

At first, I thought it was totally gone. But, then I realized that firefox was still on my computer, but has been wiped clean of any personal data such as bookmarks, etc. I don't even have access to roboform data!

I can see my documents, music, etc when I go through "My computer" and click on the hard drive icon. But, I cannot access my files by going through "my documents".

I was going to start copying over files, but the files are going to a "temp/my documents" location, not to "my documents".

It also seems as though I have lost access to my Administrator's account.

Any ideas on what is causing the disconnect?

A:Windows 7 data files

Try using 'System Restore' to return your system to a time before the problem occurred. Preferably, early yesterday morning before any Microsoft updates were installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347510/windows-7-data-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to make backups of events and appointments on the Works 8 calendar and to make a backup of the word processor dictionary.

Does anyone know the names of the files where this data is stored ?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70098/ms-works-8-data-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All,

my work laptop recently crashed and my IT department recovered most of my hardrive but I'm still out one of my data files. However, I went through the ones that I have and it looks like one file got imbedded in another. It's not letting me move it or open it. is this actually another data file or is it wishful thinking? If it is another data file, how can I get access to it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475726/data-files-for-outlook/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a CD-RW, 700mb, which has had MS Word files put on it. I can't open or see the files on it. On the Sonic program I can see the information say that it has 702mb of data on it. Every time I try to open it, I get an error message saying it is corrupted or not compatable. Can some tell me how I might be able to get these files?
Thanks,
Helaman

A:Can't open files on a data CD

Try IsoBuster, it may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-files-on-a-data-cd.512760/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey it's Doug and Disappearing Data Files again and I'm back Well it's been awhile since I've been around I guess I just got all Disappearing Data and Files caught up in the rat race of trying to make a dime off this internet stuff You have to admit though that even with all the scams and bogus crap that is flying around out there some of that stuff is for real A lot of it is you just have to know where to go and who to trust Well enough of that talk What I am wanting to know is if there is anyone else out there that has files mysteriously disappearing from their system It's not like you can pin point which files like all of a sudden you can't find a file you thought you might have misplaced Then after or hours searching and even using the search tool it's still nowhere to be found Where I started noticing that something wasn't right was when I do a cleanup on my hard drive and eliminate junk files so that my computer isn't so sluggish I see the boxes that tell me how many gig's I have for storage originally and then another for what I have left It is pretty strange that after all the stuff I download from day to day 's of megabytes at a time and when I run the disc cleanup utility it is showing that I am gaining storage by the Gigabyte I have gained gigs in the last months Also I notice my junk folder has stuff in it that I didn't put there So I usually restore it if I catch it in time I've run about every test and spyware malware virus ctc and it all comes back ok Anybody got a clue I've run out of ideas I run XP Version home version SP dual core opteron processor Ghz GB of Ram Comodo Security Malaware Bytes Pro Uniblue Registry Booster Basic stuff if you know of something please let me know Doug

A:Disappearing Data and Files

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/disappearing-data-and-files-619148.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I've always wondered where Outlook Connector keeps it's data files. Does anyone know where this is?

A:Outlook Data Files

This is the location of the data files for outlook 2007:

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Hope this helps

Open Outlook, Select Tools, Account Settings, and click on the Data Files tab, then the Open Folder button to view the various files used by Outlook and Outlook Connector.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/93616-outlook-data-files.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I read through about pages and no one else seems to have this problem but it is the bane of our existence I work with others teaching computers to on Data Files Vanish! CD-R blind and visually impaired veterans at our local VA Hospital We taught CD burning up until Windows XP hit We use Dell Dimensions with a CD RW DVD player drive the brand varies with each shipment In Windows we used just a copy and paste system to drop files onto the CD The Adaptec program was installed but we usually didn t open it I believe that it may have been what Windows was using as it always popped up on eject to ask if you wanted the CD locked We were able to treat CDs like a floppy and to even delete files from a CD-R which hid them but didn t really delete them Now we have a system that works sometimes on a good day maybe With a CD-R in the drive the drive may or may not show up in the Send To shortcut Sometimes it appears twice at both the top and bottom of the list but only one of these choices will work Sometimes we can copy and paste to the CD and it gives the quot files waiting to be written quot message sometimes it doesn t but works and sometimes nothing happens and it Data Files on CD-R Vanish! won t burn them We have all tried various tests to see if the problem is with blank previously written disks or disks written using the Roxio program that ships with the systems The failures seem to be random The worst part is that a CD that has files one day may be put in a week later and show as blank even though a properties check shows the space is used I have had this happen whether using Windows Explorer to paste files or using the Roxio program Data Files on CD-R Vanish! to burn the originals on the CD and then to add additional files It happened again yesterday when I had used Roxio on my Dell Dimension at home to add files burned with Roxio on my Dell Dimension at work The new file was the only one that showed up It is so bad that our supervisor purchased us all flash drives to use for important files and while the Feds might buy toilet seats without blinking it took an act of congress to get approval for our memory keys I have younger veterans coming in now and they want to learn to burn data CDs I don t know what to do They are frustrated enough with being newly blind without having to deal with vanishing files Any and all suggestions are welcome We are truly at wits end with this Peace Jane nbsp

A:Data Files on CD-R Vanish!

I've seen similar problems. If you burn files with EZCD Creator, they often won't show up to later versions, (on later OS's) with a number of burning programs. If you don't close the disk when burning in early versions, in some cases, the only way to retrieve the files to a newer machine(OS), is first to go back to the earlier version, on the machine it was created on, or one with the same os/and close program version, and close the disk. If you try to close the disk with say nero or nti, on XP, it tries to comply, but then the original files are lost.
Likely, the drives showing, twice, or not, has to do with the program options. I saw on a dell this week (XP) where the drive appeared twice in the send to. On one selection it just said CDRW, on the other it said CDRW, but had the name of the other burning program beside it. The drive letter was the same for both. If that's the case, maybe you should choose one program and stick with it. In XP services you can turn off the native burning, or use msconfig to shut off the other program. If the brand of drive varies, then the burning software may also, and if the disk isn't closed after the session, another program may not be able to access it.
Have a look at the software on the different machines, if it varies, maybe using the xp native burning would be the way to go. It would simplify the teaching, and seeing as it's there on all xp machines, would likely be more useful to them after the course.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-files-on-cd-r-vanish.240638/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone,

so yesterday i recently built a new computer, W7 Ultimate, i7, the works basically.

I bought an 80Gb SSD for OS and programs, and a 1TB for all my files.

Question is, how do i make everything default save to my 1TB drive. Obviously all "My Documents" and the "Public" folders are on the SSD with the OS install. How do i transfer all of that over to the 1TB and make sure all Word documents and so on save onto the 1TB drive?

All this while making sure all new programs are installed onto the SSD.

Many thanks

A:New Build, Help with SSD OS, and HDD Data files

Hello cornishbrooksy, welcome to Seven Forums!

For a start, have a look at these tutorials at the links below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

User Folders - Change Default Location

MS Office Word : Set Default Save Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/129163-new-build-help-ssd-os-hdd-data-files.html
Relevancy 39.56%

my computer has a message that says install locale datae files an how do i do this?

A:locale data files

jjfranklin
Welcome to Tech Support Guy
All we have to work with is what you tell us
Therefore please develop on the problem
Is it connected with Chrome

You may most properly start with your computer spec please
run this and copy and paste the results please
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

and a more detailed explanation of the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locale-data-files.1078054/
Relevancy 39.56%

This is my first post I have a little stationery shop I DATA LOST MY FILES ran utilities - Advancedsystem Care found damage registers more than usually Automatically LOST MY DATA FILES repair at end - Malwarebytes found PUPs Send to Quarantine - CCleaner pops-up window indicating me that where XXX MB I could delete Run CCleaner and deleted Shut down computer and the next day when I started POS software all my DATA files gone check the directory other years files and nothing Check similar apps and the same all the exe dll com files are intact but all the data files disappear Already ran the next utilities in that order - Undo AdvancedSystem Care and Malwarebytes CCleaner doesn't have a recovery file - RKill com - Malwarebytes again - USBFix - HFRecovery But didn't work I think my files are on the disk hidden because the free space has not change Please help my to find my data files Thanks in advanced and sorry because English is not my language

A:LOST MY DATA FILES

Hi jechavi Can you tell me in which folders were your files located? Also, which software did you start? What's the name of it?On a side note, concerning Advanced SystemCare...PC Booster/Tune-Up Program Warning!"PC Booster/Tune Up" programs are part of the worst programs you can install on a system. When it comes to messing up your system (Windows), these are as worst as malware. They are completely worthless and useless to use. The worst is that they'll often take action on your system without you knowing, nor authorizing it, which could lead to your system being altered in a way you don't want it to be or even worst, a "broke" system. Every feature they provide, you can either do it natively under Windows, do it via another standalone executable (which is way easier and safer to use) or they aren't providing something you need. Here's a few examples:Cleaning temporary files: TFC (standalone executable), CCleaner (installed), Cleanmgr.exe (in-built);Managing start-up entries: Autoruns (standalone executable), CCleaner (installed), Task Manager and Registry (in-built);Driver Updater: Not needed, all you need is to go on your manufacturer website so you'll be sure to get the right, official, working drivers for your computer or hardware;Registry Cleaner/Defragger: Completely useless and also dangerous;Disk Defragging: Disk Defrag (in-built), O&O Disk Defrag (installed), Defraggler (installed);Powerful uninstaller: Not needed, only needed when you have to make sure a program is completely uninstalled. Revo Uninstaller have a portable version you can use;"Enhanced" Task Manager: Procexp (standalone executable), Process Hacker (portable or installed);"Active security": Any Antivirus and Antimalware can beat that, easily. These programs aren't made to replace Antivirus or Antimalware products and shouldn't be seen as such;Repair Hard Drive issues: Simple chkdsk /r command under Windows (in-built);Having such program installing on your system will just bloat it down and you have more chances to have issues by using them than without. These products are advertised as a program that can solve all your issues, remove every malware, speed up your computer performance over 100%, etc. The truth is that there's not a single program that can do that. First of all, these programs aren't made to remove virus and malware, leave this in the hands of Antivirus and Antimalware, period. Secondly, there's so many kind of issues under Windows that there's not a single program that can address them all. If you think that BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) issues can be solved by opening a program and clicking on a "Fix" button, then I'm sorry to tell you but, you're wrong. Also, you cannot boost the performance of a hardware over it's hardware capabilities. Of course you can overclock some components, like your CPU, RAM and GPU, but these aren't done via these programs, but via your BIOS interface. I could recommend you a program for every feature these programs advertise, and also tell you exactly in detail why most of them are completely useless, such as Registry cleaner (dangerous to use), and driver updater (dangerous to use, and also completely useless, it'll not improve your system performance). In the end, buying such programs is the exact same as being scammed (because this is what it is, a pure scam) and using one of these programs will result you in having a system less performant than prior to using it.Relevant articles if you want to read more about PC Boosters/Optimizers and why they are useless:How to Optimize and Tune-Up Your PC Without Paying an Eletronics Store - HowToGeek10 Types of System Tools and Optimization Programs You Don't Need on Windows - HowToGeekPC Cleaning Apps are a Scam: Here's Why (and How to Speed Up Your PC) - HowToGeekRegistry Cleaners Warning!I see that you have a Registry Cleaner program installed. These programs are known to be harmful to the system and should not be used for any reason there is. It's a known fact... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584371/lost-my-data-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

Performed a "Standard Recovery" per HP's "Troubleshooting and Maintenance Guide" Page 17. This manual states and I quote - "without affecting any data files" (Unquote) However I did lose all Windows Works 8 data. Is there any way to retrieve these files.

HP PAVILION PC 2005 - WINDOWS XP - MICROSOFT WORKS 8 WITH WORD PROCESSOR, SPREADSHEET AND DATABASE.

A:Lost data files

Do a search for the file extension, and type *.XLS for Excel. And *.DOC for Word. If the files exist they'll show up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-data-files.881151/
Relevancy 39.56%

Though I can burn MP3s as data and they play fine in a car CD player, burning them always arranges them in alphabetical format!

Is there a a technique (other then creating seperate folders...I am doing these for a friend whomay not be real savvy about folders, etc.)

Thanks!

A:MP3 files as data with EZ CD Creator 6

One way to do it if you're not going to use folders is to use a tag editor to create filenames that are Artist-Album-Track Number-Track Name. That way it keeps the songs for an album in track number order. The Artist and Album name will still be in alpha order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-files-as-data-with-ez-cd-creator-6.497223/
Relevancy 39.56%

sony vaio with winme, using adaptec direct cd, cd originally had approx. 20 folders, now only 3. adaptec scanned cd and said "there were problems and should move files" but it won't let me. downloaded a cd repair program that scanned and found only the files that are visible. crucial, important data on this cd. any suggestions, PLEASE.

Relevancy 39.56%

Having upgraded from Win 7 Pro I am having problems in Win 10 Pro with MS Excel 2010.

I usually have several Excel windows open, you can select which one to work on by hovering over the Excel icon on the task bar & clicking the one you want. However, recently, when doing this, not all of the open windows are displayed. The only way I can get to the workbook I want is to click the ?Task View? button & select from there.

It seems to be one particular workbook that will not display normally. If I close all other workbooks, it appears.

Anyone else noticed this problem or has a solution?

Terry J

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/ms-excell-in-win-10.4069839/
Relevancy 39.56%
Q: Excell

I know that I can use the "find" feature to look up an item on a particular sheet in a workbook, but is there a way of using find to look up the same item in the entire workbook? It is laborious to have to go sheet to sheet to find an item.
Thanks

A:Excell

Yes! There is a way!

First, To select all sheets in the workbook, do this:

Right-click a sheet tab, and then click "Select All Sheets" on the shortcut menu.
Then, go to Edit, Find (or ctrl+f)and enter what data you want to find. It will search through the active sheet first and then to the rest of the sheets in the workbook,

I know I can sometimes be unclear. Does this help you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excell.37769/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I'm hoping someone can answer this question without the difficulty that Excell MS's our friend Bill Gates seems to like to bestow on us when making quot Intuitive quot MS's Excell programing I'm trying to do a Budget on Excel and when I go to quot SUM quot the differences between Income and Expenses it does just that - ADDS them I'm trying to get it to subtract and it adds every single amp MS's Excell time I've going MS's Excell through the complete programing and I can't quot Intuit quot - find anything that will turn it's quot SUM quot which apparently also includes subtraction to S U B T R A C T This happens to me every time I try to make a budget Then it all of a sudden subtracts for no apparent reason leaving me dumb founded as to how someone can end up the amp richest man in the world on such quot Intuitive quot programing that he can't even make it easy enough to find a S U B T R A C T I O N function AGHHHHH Well I quot Imagine quot that trying to figure out how Bill Gates ended up the richest man in the world will be at least as frustrating as to try to figure out how to do a S U B T R A C T I O N formula in Excel However instead of wasting another hour to forever on that how about if someone Enlighten me as to how to do the S U B T R A C T I O N formula in Excel so that we can go back to thinking positive thoughts toward the richest man in the world Bill Gates You know the simple reason you use a computer in the first place to do the calculations for you - a S U B T R A C T I O N formula for a budget in Excel Anyone please Thank you Sincerely John

A:MS's Excell

If you want to use SUM, then make sure the cells involved will go negative.
Sum -50 and 100 will yield 50.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24403/mss-excell/
Relevancy 39.56%

How do I create a default save to file in Excell

A:Excell 97

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can specify a default save location via Tools, Options, General, Default File Location field.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excell-97.67179/
Relevancy 39.56%

I need to convert a csv file which the STREET field hes the
Street Number
Street Name
street type
All in the same field (see attacted sample) Column P,
I need the this field seperated into 3 seperate Columns
Street Number
Street Name
Street type

Anyone have any Idea how to do this???

A:Excell Help!!!

Probably won't be perfect, but will nearly get you there:

Insert a bunch (like 10) columns to the RIGHT of that column.
Select Column P.
From the menu, Data-->Text to columns
Choose Space as the delimiter
Ok.

Now before you go sorting any data, go put headers into those blank column headings (row 1). Then you can sort your little heart out to find idiosyncrasies and move some of the data into the proper columns. I'm sure you'll have stupid stuff like 192 La Jolla Drive, which will break into 4 columns instead of just 3...that's what you'll want to do. Put the headings in, then sort by 10th added column; first AZ then ZA sorts. Nothing there? Delete it. Sort by 9th. Nothing there? Delete it. And so on until you find one that does have some data, then you'll start seeing things like the two-part street name issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excell-help.349585/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have been using works spreadsheet for a long time, but our school just went to Office. It worked fine for a week, but now I cannot start a new spreadsheet or even work in an old spreadsheet. All it does when I enter a spreadsheet is highlight cells. It won't even let me close down. I am having to just turn off my computer and then get all those messages about not properly shutting down before closing. I keep all my daily schedules and activities on a spreadsheet and I feel like my right arm has been cut off without being able to use the spreadsheets I need. Can you help? Have I just pushed a wrong button? Thanks for any help!

A:Need help with excell

Hit Start-Find-Files or folders. Type XLSTART in the named box. Select to look in your hard drive and include subfolders. Hit Find now.

More than one folder may come up. Double-click each one and make sure there are NO files in it. If there is, move or delete them. Relaunch Excel.

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-excell.37347/
Relevancy 39.56%
Q: Excell

Hi

I am looking for a way to check the check digit on UPC codes. I created UPC #s for all items but for final IT realization they need a check digit (final number that is derived from a calculation of all the numbers created in the UPC). This check digit goes at the end of the UPC.

Any clues on how can I do this

Regards
Ray

A:Excell

Ray, can you provide some example numbers please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excell.457806/
Relevancy 39.56%

I created an excell spreadsheet / database listing of clients we have up here at our offices.

The workbook is spread across 6 sheets for 6 different sections.

Sheet 1-2 and 4-6 print fine. But when I print Sheet 3, it only prints the first 50 or so entries and prints them over 200 times.

Notice the scroll bar in this screen shot, it is half way down the page, but the listings shown are the first 50 listings in that particular sheet. and yes i know i need to update the date !!! shhh !! lol ( note page 202 of 504 )

Also when I open the spreadsheet initially, it looks normal. However, after I do a print preview and close it, it looks like this, with these little dashed lines. ( the dashes start after the last listing on the print preview page )

A:Need Excell Help Please

problem solved.

if anyone else ever has the same issue let me know i can walk you through it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-excell-help-please.555713/
Relevancy 39.13%

Built a new system, installed Windows 7. Had some data on some old hard drives, attached them to the new system. I can't transfer the files from the old drives to the new drives. I can't open some of the files (.jpg) on old drive. I get a message that says I don't have permission to do anything with these files. I have changed the permission to allow full access and control, but no go.

A:Permission needed to get my own files and data

How to Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder in Windows 7
http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to...sions-to-access-files-folder-in-windows-7.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/permission-needed-to-get-my-own-files-and-data.970821/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to do my dissertation on advertising and had the idea of putting the streaming advertisements onto a disk but wanted to put a slide explaining each one in between. I thought this would be easy but its proving not to be. I have windows XP with media player on it. I thought that by using the computers burn a disk method or media player it would link them together and it would run together like a presentation. But I can't make it work. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this as I am seriously running out of time!

Any help would be great!!!!

A:Audio and Data files on disk

You would need something like Powerpoint to link/show/present the 2 things together.
You would make your presentation up in Powerpoint, save it as a file, then burn the powerpoint file to disc.
Another option is to use software to create a picture slideshow, where your slides would be the pictures which could have music playing in the background.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-and-data-files-on-disk.347187/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had to repair my XP installation yesterday, but when I booted up my data files weren't all there. My Documents is empty, for example, and half if the folders on my Desktop are gone, but several folders I had under C: are still there.

I was unable to backup before I had to repair my installation, and I'm ready to either cry or throw up. I have installed as few things as possible to avoid overwriting any "hidden/deleted" files.

Is there any way to recover the files that should have come back after I repaired XP?

Thanks so much for your help!

HP Media Center a1268c-b

A:Repaired XP But Data Files Did Not Come Back

Welcome to TSF....

From what you typed it looks like you did a full-installation of windows, if that is what you did whether on purpose or by accident the chances of getting the lost data back are not good since a clean install usually formats the drive first.

If you used the media center recovery disk it is really unknown by me if you can do a repair-installation with that software. I would contact HP tech support to find this out and if there is anyway of recovering the files that are now gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/repaired-xp-but-data-files-did-not-come-back-254360.html
Relevancy 39.13%

At this point I am looking for advice more than I am actual tech repair service I have an older computer running on Windows XP Pro I ve been using have and encrypted been My data files hacked Microsoft Security Essentials for virus protection although support ended My data files have been hacked and encrypted months ago and the free version of Malwarebytes for malware protection About two days ago my computer was hacked and something or someone encrypted all of my files Word Excel AutoCAD PDF JPEG files just about everything They left a text document instructing me to go to a certain website if I want my files restored I have not done this I have actually disconnected my computer from the internet for the time being I ve tested all of my software My data files have been hacked and encrypted and everything seems to be working fine I can create save and edit new documents I just can t open or read my old documents I have most of my important work and personal files backed up although the backup is about a week out of date so I ll lose or have to recreate some of the most recent stuff Also I do have a number of items on my desktop or otherwise which I d never backed up Nothing critical but just the same I d rather not lose that stuff In addition I don t believe I ve got a recent backup of my email I m using Outlook I can provide more details as needed but right now I m just looking for advice on what to do next Although I do have to get my computer cleaned up by far my biggest concern is restoring my data files if that is possible I ve been told that it can be done but that it s hit or miss I ve spoken to a few tech support companies Kaspersky Answers by Gateway and Geek Squad about this but none have given me a lot of confidence that they can decrypt and or restore my files So I have not pulled the trigger yet as far as hiring any of them I guess my question is who in here or out there has had experience with this sort of issue Is there a good chance I can get my files restored or am I SOL If I have next to zero chance of restoring my files I d probably just go ahead and completely clean off my hard drive and start over reinstalling the OS software etc Maybe even upgrade to Vista I suppose I could make another separate backup copy of all my corrupted encrypted files first to see if maybe someone could decrypt them later What do you guys think Also any opinions or experiences with the above mentioned or any other companies particularly with regards to my main concern restoring my files Thanks in advance Paul nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I think I just made a terrible mistake but perhaps someone can help me recover I had been running my computer just as the default Administrator for awhile and finally decided that I would set up an account and rename my computer to something meaningful I set up a new administrator account but now gone administrator, Changed all data files now all the files etc that I had Changed administrator, all data files now gone been using are gone Are they really gone or can I just not see them for some reason There was no warning about files being deleted etc but after the reboot it s as if I just took the machine out of the box Only the software is still visible none of the files that I had saved to the hard drive I am running Windows XP I tried system restore but after running it says that nothing has changed since the restore point from several days ago Can anyone help with Changed administrator, all data files now gone this It seems surprising that all of this info would be automatically deleted but I sure can t find it Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Changed administrator, all data files now gone

Problem solved. There was no user listed as 'Administrator' which is what confused me. I had to type Administrator in at the welcome screen, I could not select that user once logged on. Thanks for this forum, hopefully I'll have better questions in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-administrator-all-data-files-now-gone.632068/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to delete user data files and folders from the user profile folder on the server side. I don't know why they are saving to the profile to begin with and they reappear after deleting them from the profile. I removed the files from the documents and settings profile folder on the client and they have not returned, however the server copy of the profile keeps coming back with the user data files and folders. Also wondering what files should be saved to the profile so I don't remove something that should be there.

A:xp profiles have user data files in them

hey, well the profile folder in the server is shared and here user can safe their profile setting known as "roaming profile" if you go to your user then right click and choose properties and it will have some text there about user profile make sure there is nothing written there.

also i don't think you should delete these files because these are used to structure the users background and other settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-profiles-have-user-data-files-in-them-307741.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Running windows 7 and now when I try to go to 'C:\Users\myProfile Name (Logon Name)\AppData\" nothing shows up. Where have all these files gone and how do I access them? I am logged on as administrator.

Thanks

Dale

A:[SOLVED] Lost data files

See if showing hidden folders allows access.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-lost-data-files-575925.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi What it the best way to synchonise data between two computers to best is files synchronise the What on data Win7 way BACKGROUND I used to have a thing called FolderMatch on my WindowsXP machines It worked pretty well and you What is the best way to synchronise data files on Win7 could choose whether to copy bi-directionally or make location B become like A or vice-versa It was What is the best way to synchronise data files on Win7 good at showing what it was about to do too in an intelligable way From memory it cost me about dollars a few years ago What is the best way to synchronise data files on Win7 to get it The irritating thing was that ironically the one thing it failed to actually synchronise was foldernames i e folder structures This had the irritating effect that if you deleted a whole folder computer A when you synchronised your data the files in that folder would correctly disappear on computer B but the empty folder would be left behind Cheers Ship P S I dont really want to spend any more money but in any case from what I can see FolderMatch may not have a Windows version yet

A:What is the best way to synchronise data files on Win7

Hello Ship,

You could use the Offline Files feature in Windows 7 to keep the files synced.

Offline Files - Make Files or Folders Available Offline

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55870-what-best-way-synchronise-data-files-win7.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I did a System Restore and now all my files are gone or at least I don't know where they are. I have an HP Media Center PC m7277c and Windows XP.

Can someone help me get my files back?

Relevancy 39.13%

I used to be able to change all the tag data on ny of the sound files on my system (like music files etc), but for some odd reason, it's suddenly not letting me do this. I have to do it through winamp instead of just right-clicking.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound Files - Cannot Change Tag Data

Hi...

Please try the following:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:

regsvr32 shmedia.dll

- Click OK

Restart your pc and try changing the tags then :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-files-cannot-change-tag-data-100218.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I was wondering how safe Drive. Moving to Files F: Data is it to Moving Files to Data F: Drive. move the entire quot Documents quot folder to Data F Drive Moving Files to Data F: Drive. I want my downloads to go directly to my other partition rather than to C Drive Everytime I want to install anything to my partition drive the downloads still create a file that goes right to my documents folder on C Drive I don't want this I want the download to just go to one place Can anyone tell me if this can be done safely I did notice that when I right click on quot Documents quot in the start panel it says quot properties quot and it has a quot locations quot tab and the option to move the whole file but I am nervous of trying it out Is it safe to do And can I put the folder back to C Drive if I need to And will sending quot Documents quot to F drive direct my downloads to go to F Drive

A:Moving Files to Data F: Drive.

I take it the F Drive is you recovery drive?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255891-moving-files-data-f-drive.html
Relevancy 39.13%

What files on my windows do I need to backup?

Can I just copy my windows drive and that's it?

I want to have a plan B in case my windows crashes down and its broken to the point I can't do anything but use my copy.

I just bought a remote drive to backup data on of 1 TB.

My windows takes up 209 GB.

let me know your thoughts.

Could I run windows from this backup drive?

I got this: http://www.seagate.com/files/www-con...ly-400x400.jpg

A:What files do I need too backup to have my data of windows

What you need is Macrium Reflect and then you can image the entire "C" drive on a frequent basis. then if you do have a crash or even if your hard drive fails completely you can be back up and running to your last backup condition within minutes. A real life saver. Go to
Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download
download and install and read up on the subject, quite straightforward but come back here if there is anything you need help on as many, many of us use Macrium reflect regularly!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/335692-what-files-do-i-need-too-backup-have-my-data-windows.html
Relevancy 39.13%

my sister's computer (a Windows 7 notebook) now, when you turn it on, it says something like "welcome to your new computer..." and all her data files and programs are gone..
(her account is still there, I was able to log on with the same password from before...)

the last time she used it was a few weeks ago.. everything was working fine..
(since then the computer underwent a long road trip... I don't suppose something could have happened to the hard drive during the road trip to cause this? the road trip was a return trip, nothing happened to it on the trip there, and the computer has been on the same return road trip before..)

we're baffled here.... how can we fix this? can we recover the data and programs?
thank you...

A:all data files AND programs have disappeared...

Is it a Spinner(mechanical HD) or SSD?

What happens after login?
Does it go to a desktop? Is it like the desktop you get on the first boot out of the box?

When shut down did it really do a shutdown or just Sleep or Hibernate?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393667-all-data-files-programs-have-disappeared.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm honestly unsure how to describe it other then that convoluted mess of a title. Pretty much all my music files (even ones in separate folders) with images associated with it (like files to show album covers which are hidden), folders inside that weren't viewable before, volume information, temporary files, etc. which are normally hidden have suddenly become viewable and are also regarded as system files (they are all slightly greyed out along with the hidden box in properties). So yeah can anyone explain wtf happened and anyway to fix it?

A:Hidden Data Files Unhidden?

In Explorer, click the Tools menu item (you may have to press the alt key to display it), click Folder options, click the View tab, and see if you've got the Show hidden... options checked appropriately.

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251432-hidden-data-files-unhidden.html
Relevancy 39.13%

having just replaced faulty Router,and having uninstalled several unused programs.(Google Chrome/Google earth/Java. I am getting the message " re-install locale data files" can someone please explain how to do this ? I also did a restore to earlier time,but the problem remains.I now have to fill in every letter on previously pre-filled in forms etc..I really need help before I go crazy.
MaTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3454 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 467723 MB, Free - 430296 MB; D: Total - 9213 MB, Free - 9138 MB; K: Total - 466267 MB, Free - 466160 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NARRA3
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabledny thanks in anticipation.
Kind regards ,just Vera

A:How to re-install 'locale data files'

Not the right part of the forum for this, but i found this thread which may help.
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/Atze7NW8FV0

Blue Zebra said:

Had the same problem, tried to re-install - no joy. Then tried the manual un-install using the process above - unable to remove.

Eventually found that the were two files with similar names (Looks like the are the Chrome version numbers) in

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application

I then just copied the chrome.exe file into the latest numbered folder, then clicked on the chrome.exe file from within this folder and all now works exactly as before.Click to expand...

If you have uninstalled chrome, i would reinstall it (if possible) then try uninstalling again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-re-install-locale-data-files.1061900/
Relevancy 39.13%

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place here, this is my first ever 'help' question on a forum.

Google Chrome has stopped working. Did shut down, uninstall, reinstall, took out battery of laptop - several times over. Did a reset to previous date - still not working.

Getting a Missing File Error message 'unable to find locale data files, please reinstall'. Can someone please help me with this? I need basic instruction.

Using windows 7. Thanks so much, this is causing a ton of stress!

A:Help - need to reinstall locale data files

1. uninstall, re-download and reinstall it
2. refresh the page
3. check your firewall's, security settings to see if anything is blocking it, avoid disabling your firewall unless you're desperate and know what you're doing, but sometimes that will solve the problem and you know you have to reconfigure your firewall.
4. check your proxy settings and try connecting directly to the internet instead of using a proxy to see if anything changes
5. check google chrome's settings to see if anything's weird
6. try using google chrome on other computers (same network) to see if the problem
persists, if so then something is wrong with your network
Here is a link for the proxy setting http://www.googlechrometutorial.com...ed-settings/Google-chrome-proxy-settings.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-to-reinstall-locale-data-files.1080125/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have two laptop computers The primary machine is months old and is of fairly advanced Files NTFS Recovering Data spec It has a DVD CD R W but no floppy drive The secondary machine which was replaced by the primary some months ago is of much lesser spec but may have either a CD R W or a Floppy Disk drive inserted into the media bay but not both at the same time Both machines are running Windows XP Professional SP with all updates and patches installed Earlier this week the primary machine developed a problem and will not boot into XP even in Safe Mode Subsequent investigation suggests that either the boot sector of the main drive is corrupt or the root of the Registry is I have a live distro of Knoppix on a CD and the primary machine will run this quite happily With Knoppix running and the NTFS mounted I can see and read all Recovering NTFS Data Files the files on the disk I know that all the applications will have to be reinstalled nut my problem is that there is a large volume of data some or GB that I need to recover before reformatting The obvious solution is to purchase a second drive designate that as primary reconfigure the faulty drive as a secondary install XP onto the new primary and copy the files across from the secondary I am investigating the possibility of this with the manufacturer of the machine but I suspect that the price will be prohibitive It occurs to me that an alternative solution might be to create a bootable CD running some form of OS that recognises NTFS and has a driver for the CD R W on the primary machine I could create several copies of such a disk boot the primary machine with each one and copy the data files onto the the disks Files could then be safely copied back after re-formatting the disk Can anyone suggest whether or not this is feasible and advise me what software I need and where I can get it Or is there an alternative solution that I have missed I know I should have a backup of all the data and I will have in future but at the moment I simply don t Any suggestions will be gratefully received Thanks Guys nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I would like to open multiple files that have the data in a tab delimited format and have the data copied and pasted in Excel. I would like to open a file have the data copied to a worksheet, the worksheet renamed the same as the file that was just opened and then the process repeated. I think I can handle setting up the part to manipulate the data. I having problems opening multiple files and having the worksheets renamed to match the filenames the data came from. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Relevancy 39.13%

I was stupid and ran combofix on my own Having run malwarebytes MS security Essentials adwcleaner the laptop i was working on still had some odd behavior I have used Combofix in the past on other computers without issue but this time it files data quarantined Combofix my deleted documents files and programs combofix itself from the desktop My Docs and other locations They appear to be in c Qoobox How do I recover them I do not want to do anything with this computer until they are recovered The user will be very upset Combofix quarantined my data files with it's current state Please help this fool I am posting the DDS logs here as directed Combofix did not appear to create a log file DDS Ver - - Combofix quarantined my data files - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by jgrace at on - Combofix quarantined my data files - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard File Sanitizer HPFSService exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system Hpservice exe C windows system vcsFPService exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager Bin DpHostW exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe C windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x HP HPLaserJetService HPLaserJetService exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP DayStarter -bit HPDayStarterService exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support HpHotkeyMonitor exe C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption EEAgent MfeEpeHost exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Portrait Displays Drivers pdisrvc exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows SysWow ArcVCapRender uArcCapture exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe C windows system wbem unsecapp exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager Bin DPAgent exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption EpePcMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth mediasrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Synap... Read more

A:Combofix quarantined my data files

Prior to running combofix the following malware programs were run, Malwarebytes Antimalware, MS safety scanner, adwcleaner, followed by malwarebytes again. The last malwarebytes scan found 8 items but locks up so I can not quarantine them (in safe mode). I couldn't scroll the list either but could exit the program. At that point I restarted the computer, I turned off Security Essentials autoprotect and ran Combofix.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562395/combofix-quarantined-my-data-files/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

I have the following challenge: I need to compare two excel files and check if certain identification numbers of participants in the one file are also present in the second file. The first file contains the identification numbers of the people who were invited to complete a questionnaire (SampleMapLookUp) and the second file contains the data of the questionnaires that were sent back (SampleFileBase). Is there a way to automate this process? In annex two sample files: SampleMapLookUp is the file with the numbers (name of the column is "ID_IND") that I want to check in the second file: SampleMapBase (name of the column here is "his_1").
I don't know if it was necessary but for testing sake I marked the numbers that should be found in yellow in the SampleMapBase. The resulting file should ideally have the lay-out and content of SampleMapLookUp.

Thanks for any advice,

Eddy

Relevancy 39.13%

Recently I reformatted my pc- upgraded from windows xp to windows 7-however the person who did it, failed to save my files. So he did a file recovery, but I did not get a lot of my files back-mainly word documents and pdf files. I would like to try a good software which can help me to retrieve my files. Some of the most popular are; Stellar Phoenix, R- Studio, Recorver my FIles, Recuva, Data Rescue,
Virtual Lab and Tenoshare Data Recovery. Can anyone give me valuable information regarding these products, which one is the best etc,
thanks
Papoazul

A:recover lost data/files

Recuva is the only solid choice that I have any experience with.

Of ccourse...there is no guarantee of success with any program/effort.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510697/recover-lost-datafiles/
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently picked up a new, larger hard drive. So, I'm in the process of recreating everything on it. I wish Microsoft would create a "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" for moving data from one HD to another ...

I want to setup Outlook XP just as it was on my original hard drive. I want everything to be transferred to this new hard drive: email account settings, personal files (Archive, Inbox, Deleted items, etc), .pst files, so on and so forth -- EVERYTHING.

This whole "new drive thing" is turning into a nightmare. Is there an easy way to do this? (Like, wave a magic wand?) What are all the Outlook files that I must move?

Again, I'm just asking about Outlook ... for now ... ;-)

Thanks

Win XP
Office XP

Relevancy 39.13%

I recently formatted my hard drive because i had a virus now before i formatted i forgot to saved my SCHOOL files which has all of my finals that are due on monday I came up on a program called one of the best data recovery programs GETDATABACK by Runtime Software and i hooked up my laptop hard drive FILES data problem with recovered externally to my desktop I started the scam through options of a formatted hard drive that scan took hours to complete i then searched for my school files and found the exact folder that had my files I then copied the recovered files to my desktop hard drive Then i tried opening any DOC file and all of them says their Corrupt And OR open up in Gibberish after selecting every option in the File Conversion menu windows default western euro windows I need these files i tried DOCREPAIR programs on the internet none seem to work I AM SCREWED if i cant open any of these files by monday CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I made it very clear of my problem i should only get solutions no questions thanks nbsp

A:problem with data recovered FILES

Files are stored in many blocks all over a drive. Recovery programs try to locate all those blocks in order to recover the files. Sometimes they only find some of those blocks that haven't been overwritten, but that doesn't mean enough blocks were found to put all the necessary pieces together to open and read the file. There's really nothing more you can do at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-data-recovered-files.997977/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys,

I'm new to these boards and would really like to have a step-by-step guide to transfer data/files from my old PC's hard drive to my new one.

Old PC currently running on Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and new PC on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

So far I've did a full backup via Acronis True Image 2012 (read online about it) and I'm lost on what should I do next? Do bear in mind that I'm a "noobie" in tech stuff

Thanks
wind7newbie

A:Steps to transfer data/files from old PC

Hello Wind7newbie,

If you happen to have another HDD other than the one the OS is installed to use as a inbetween HDD to copy to, then you could use Windows Easy Transfer to copies of your data and files from Vista now then Windows 7 after installing.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/205796-steps-transfer-data-files-old-pc.html