Windows Support Forum

Disable Windows 7 Security warning when renaming files

Q: Disable Windows 7 Security warning when renaming files

Or copying them or anything else that starts by right-clicking warning renaming Windows Disable when files Security 7 on them These are files on my network drive which is not AFAIK accessible from outside my network at least I can t access it except when I m connected at home or Disable Windows 7 Security warning when renaming files using a VPN client so I m pretty certain that these files are safe-and the warning Disable Windows 7 Security warning when renaming files isn t telling me that they re unsafe anyway just that they re an unsafe type i e zip files So I m open to either of two solutions-trust files on that network drive or disable the warnings for actions that don t involve running the files All the tips I ve found so far involve disabling the warning entirely for all files or all files of a given type and I don t want to do that If because I lost my mind or maybe let my kids use my PC which would be an indication that I d lost my mind I try to copy run a file from outside my network then I d like to get the warning-so I don t want to disable it entirely But if I m just copying files to from my network storage then I don t need the flipping warning Can I disable it for that Thanks Not sure whether this s b Security or Windows -feel free to move it if it s in the wrong forum nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Disable Windows 7 Security warning when renaming files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Disable Windows 7 Security warning when renaming files

I don't get a warning about renaming zip files. Are you sure that is a Windows warning?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-windows-7-security-warning-when-renaming-files.918170/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Can someone help me get rid of this annoying box I want to be able to drag and drop files from my shared drives without having to answer quot yes quot every time One strange thing is that the box doesn t pop if I drag a folder from the explorer tree but that doesn t help me much as I don t want to use the explorer Security How box? disable to Windows Warning tree for dragging folders around and also it doesn t allow me to manipulate files I need to How to disable Windows Security Warning box? do How to disable Windows Security Warning box? this the normal way I think this is an issue with Windows XP SP x The systems running windows xp sp x -bit do not have this issue Would you have any suggestions Google is short on answers The only thing I know related to this issue is that urlmon contains the strings displayed in the box http www win dll info urlmon dll html I added the other computers to all of the zones but there s no change in behavior I have IE installed on the How to disable Windows Security Warning box? XP SP x system There s someone else having the same problem as me http forums hardwarezone com sg showthread php t but didn t receive any answer Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%
A:How can I disable ,,turn on windows security center service'' warning?

I have the same problem. BTW what is that? Is it the new name for defender because I don't remember disabling any security center, only defender via: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Scatch that, I remember now. Anyway this warning is annoying me too. Also want to get rid of it.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/11227-how-can-i-disable-turn-windows-security-center-service-warning.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So I'm renaming some songs but when I do this I get this message:

But my filename is not that long! Here is how long I can make it before my keyboard does not enter characters. They just don't show up when I type.

Please tell me how to not see this message.

Thank you

A:renaming files - file name too large? how to disable this?

Chances are that the name you selected had invalid characters. Stay away from punctuation characters in the filename. Among the characters you cannot use are:

: \ ? / > < *

There probably are others, but I don't recall offhand what they are.

Names are allowed to be VERY long, so it's probably the "not valid" portion of the error that applies, not the "too long" portion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204557-renaming-files-file-name-too-large-how-disable.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
I use IE 8 in win XP home edition.
I change the internet security setting in IE 8
And I get below warning in IE 8 tool bar .

"Your current security settings put your computers at risk , Chick here to change your security settings"
I do not change the security setting because I think I accpet this setting .
How can I make this warning disappear , apart from change the security setting back.
Please advice how to remove it ......

Thank

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-the-security-warning-in-ie8-466212.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hay guys I got a question. I have a problem with some applications that on being open says "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"

No matter what I try I cannot seem to stop that warning box from starting up whenever I start the application.

What I tried:
1. Turned UAC to "never notify"
2. Unchecked the box "always ask before opening this file"
3. Going to the app, Right-clicking > Properties > click on unblock.
- Note: When I click on unblock and apply the settings and right click > properties the unblock option is still clickable + doesn't stop windows from bringing up the popup

Any suggestions?

A:Help! Cant disable security warning, unknown publisher!

You need to tell us what program it is and have you tried right clicking and run as admin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-cant-disable-security-warning-unknown-publisher-692788.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I was clicking around, trying to reduce the security setting in Windows in order to download a needed .exe file. Can't remember what I did but now a dialogue box opens for every .exe file I try to use. This brought to my attention the regsvr32.exe file that looks like its not supposed to be in the system32 folder and could be malware.

2 issues: turning off the dialogue box that opens everytime i open a program and identifying and deleting malware especially the regsvr32.exe.
I notice the regsvr32 isn't listed as a running process in the HJT log - because I cancelled it in the dialogue box instead of allowing it to run. Which is a good thing. I'd like to return to normal and disable the open file dialoge box, but remove regsvr32 first so it doesn't run automatically.

any help?

A:Open file - Security Warning - How to Disable in XP

Do a System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-file-security-warning-how-to-disable-in-xp.777042/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I know others have asked similar questions, but I'm not sure those answers apply to my situation.

Something must have changed after a recent Windows update, because over the last week or so, when I try to open a downloaded PDF (downloaded from my Chrome browser or from YouSendIt to my desktop), I'm getting the dreaded "Open File - Security Warning" message.

It reads:
Do you want to open this file?
Name: xxx.pdf
Publisher: Unknown Publisher
Type: PDF file

This message window does NOT give me an option to uncheck a box to "always ask when opening this file type."

How can I disable this message? Thanks so very much.

A:Open File - Security Warning - How to Disable

Hello Regina, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might also check to see if you may have the "Unblock" button to use in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to stop this with.

Open File - Security Warning : Unblock File

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/300262-open-file-security-warning-how-disable.html
Relevancy 70.95%

This is a new problem that just came up, This warning now appears when I try to log into 'COX Webmail'-

"You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.

The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmtted to a nonsecure site.
Do you wish to continue?"

I've been using this site for over 4+ years and have NEVER had this warning before.

Finally, my IE6>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Security>Warn if changing between secure and unsecure mode IS UNCHECKED

As always, thanks for your time

Relevancy 70.09%

I have a free nas server on my network serving up my music. I have it as a network drive on my laptop, every time i try to open a file on the network drive Windows security warning comes up and ask me if i am sure i want to open it, is there a way to stop that been looking around windows and the web for a week now....please help

A:Windows security warning opening files on a network drives

Control Panel | Internet Options | Security Tab
Click Trusted Sites icon, then the Sites button. Add the NAME of the NAS server to the list. If it is named MyMusicServer, enter it like this:
\\MyMusicServer

This works for my mapped shares to another PC. I tried using the IP address and couldn't get it to work. If the server doesn't have a name, just an IP address, you might be able to use the lmhost file to assign a name to the IP address and preload it, but I haven't tested that.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-warning-opening-files-on-a-network-drives.673698/
Relevancy 69.23%

Does anyone know how to turn off the Vista "Windows Security Alerts" for having the "User Account Control" disabeled and still allow it to function for all other warnings?

A:Vista Security Center Alerts - how to disable warning for UAC turned off only

Hello Chuck and welcome to Vista Forums.

This can help show you how to do this for you.

Security Center Specific Alert Notification

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/217725-vista-security-center-alerts-how-disable-warning-uac-turned-off-only.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Since I upgraded from IE9 to IE10 (under 64bit Win7) I get sometimes warning popups at the lower part of the browser window telling me (see attached snapshot as well):

"Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certifcate errors" <Show content>

So whats wrong?

How can I disable this warning forerver?

How can I disable this warning for this web site only?

Peter

A:Disable warning popop in IE10 for security certificate error?

Hi there,

Have you checked the date and time icon at the lower right corner on the screen? If it's incorrect, you may correct the date and time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-warning-popop-in-ie10-for-security-certificate-error-823610.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I use XP home This bogus Windows Security Center antivirus software is popping up and telling me that all my files are infected And it wants me to buy their software It has disabled McAfee and I cannot open or run anything When I try to open a web page it says that web page is not secure I have no idea how to get rid of this I ran mbam in safe mode and it found and deleted threats Then I ran rkill and mbam in normal mode and mbam found nothing But when I can't Bogus open I Center ANYTHING!!, me or cl... Security am popups Windows I files!! warning infected of run restarted my computer it is still there I ran Rkill and was able to get this DDS log DDS Ver - - - Bogus Windows Security Center popups warning me of infected files!! I can't open or run ANYTHING!!, I am cl... NTFSx Run by Reagan Gibfried at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Bogus Windows Security Center popups warning me of infected files!! I can't open or run ANYTHING!!, I am cl... Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CSHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files Rosetta Stone SMS v hs Service JavaSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system wuauclt exesvchost exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsui exeC Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsssvc exeC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeG dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp forecast weather gov MapClick php CityName Monett amp state MO amp site SGF amp textField amp textField - uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p suURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dlluURLSearchHooks Swag Bucks Toolbar bdea d - f - eb- ee - a af d f - c program files swag bucks tbSwag dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO AT amp amp T Toolbar e bd f- b d- e- be-fd bb aae - c progra atttoo ATTTOO DLLBHO Windows Live Family Safety Browser Helper Class f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - c program files windows live family safety fssbho dllBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scr... Read more

A:Bogus Windows Security Center popups warning me of infected files!! I can't open or run ANYTHING!!, I am cl...

Hi,My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log. I apologize for the delay.If you still require assistance we would like to see the current condition of your system so please post a new set of DDS Logs as well as a GMER log and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log or GMER log please refer to this page and in step #6 and Step #7 and Step #8 for further instructions on downloading and running DDS & GMER. If you have any problems when running the tools or unable to produce a report for any reason, just let me know in your next reply.For your next reply I would like to see:-The DDS logs---DDS.txt and Attach logs-GMER log-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306594/bogus-windows-security-center-popups-warning-me-of-infected-files-i-cant-open-or-run-anything-i-am-clueless-need-help-getting-this-off-my-compu/
Relevancy 68.8%

I use XP home.

This bogus Windows Security Center antivirus software is popping up and telling me that all my files are infected. And it wants me to buy their software. It has disabled McAfee and I cannot open or run anything! When I try to open a web page it says that web page is not secure. I have no idea how to get rid of this. I ran mbam in safe mode and it found and deleted 5 threats. Then I ran rkill and mbam in normal mode and mbam found nothing! But when I restarted my computer, it is still there.

I can't run DDS or GMER without running rkill first. Will that mess it up? Or can I run those in safe mode?

Help? Thank you!

A:Bogus Windows Security Center popups warning me of infected files!! I can't open or run ANYTHING!!

If you can run Rkill and get at least a DDS log do so.. If you have to use safe mode do that. Just post the DDS log here in a new topic.Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal LogsIf you can get DDS and GMER post both. Mention in the new topic if you used safe mode.Let me know here if it went OK>

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306290/bogus-windows-security-center-popups-warning-me-of-infected-files-i-cant-open-or-run-anything/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All,

I am working on a project at work that requires me to call a .bat file from the network from within IE.

Im running IE6 on XP SP2. Problem is, I keep getting the "File Download - Security Warning" prompt.
I have attempted to disable this in "internet options\security\local intranet\

automatic prompting for file downloads - disable
file download - enable"

yet it keeps appearing.

Microsofts feel they need to keep us all "secure" but I know the code im dealing with in terms of this batch file and want it to run, without prompt.

Anyone know a workaround? tks in advance.
Joe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-file-download-security-warning-136528.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Over the weekend at work my Windows Enterprise machine mysteriously came down with an odd issue I first noticed it when I went to routinely open my MMC session I saved on my Security that desktop Warning on on create I the files desktop When I went to open it it gave me a security warning dialog Huh that's odd I saved a new session file onto my desktop and trying to open that one gives me the same error I googled around for a bit found a way to manually enter MSC files into an inclusion list in my local policy and that was working Security Warning on files that I create on the desktop so I just shrugged and went about my business However this is also happening with batch bat files and PowerShell scripts ps and presumably any other type of file that might be seen risky With PowerShell it's way more annoying because I can save a script that I just wrote onto my desktop and not be able to run it I have my execution policy set to RemoteSigned and yet the OS thinks the file that I just created isn't local for some reason yet it also doesn't think it's from the Internet There's no quot Unblock quot button on any of the files when I go into their file properties Nor is there a checkbox on the security warning that lets me to not pester me each time for this particular file Even when I change the execution policy to Unrestricted I still have to manually confirm I want to run a script within PowerShell by hitting the Y key and all that It's really annoying Now I've had limited time to troubleshoot this but one thing I have found out is that it only does this for files on my profile's desktop If I save a script to the C drive root no issue If I save it to my root user profile folder no issue If I save it to my network mapped Z drive no issue But heaven forbid I save it to my desktop I'm guessing that's enough for one of you gurus to know what happened here I compared the security and ownership settings on my desktop folder and one of my colleagues and couldn't find anything different I'm just not sure where to go to get at the security settings for this Please note that I don't want to just include all the file types that I work with Allowing all scripts to run without warning just seems folly to me I also don't want to blanket disable the security warning across my entire computer--I don't mind the security warning per se I just don't want my desktop to be lumped into whatever draconian filter it's currently in Also note that my desktop is not being redirected Any ideas I'd rather do this smartly but if all else fails I may end up deleting my profile altogether and rebuild it By the way I'm actually off work today so I probably won't be able to test any suggestions until tomorrow I just wanted to go in with some ideas and hopefully not lose any more time to this issue than I have already Thanks

A:Security Warning on files that I create on the desktop

I'm no expert but I do have two Ideas.
1. Have you contacted your IT department for help?
2. Create a New Folder on the Desktop and use it instead of Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/258629-security-warning-files-i-create-desktop.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I can't open .EXE files in Windows 8.1 Pro without renaming the file to .exe

The exe file downloads as _exe and not as .exe

I thought I had malware so did a clean install of Win 8.1 Pro to 8 Pro and updated back to win 8.1 Pro ...it did not help but for a short time period
======================================================
Simply stated I can open an exe file only if I rename it from _exe to .exe

I have not idea how to fix this

It is more of a minor nuisance to rename every exe file....but I hope someone has a cure

I have searched this website prior to posting and have Googled but only the file name change seems to allow me to open a .exe file

Thanks in advance

BTW: There is a fix from Doug Knox but that is not applicable to Win 8.1

A:Can't open .EXE files in Windows 8.1 without renaming

Let me add that my UAC settings are the first notch down which is the default

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34486-cant-open-exe-files-windows-8-1-without-renaming.html
Relevancy 60.63%

How do I rename the .avi files so that I can play(see and hear) them on Windows Media Player?

I'm using Windows Media Player 11 and I run Windows Vista.

Relevancy 60.63%

Ive Been Having This Problem For a Few Weeks now Havent had the chance to Actually Sit down and try to address the Issue until Today but i need to resolve this Issue As its Slowing up My Work and projects Pretty Much What Happens is When I have a File that I want to send to the Recycle Bin Delete Windows Explorer just Freezes and brings deleting Files... Professional Hangs 7 Renaming when Windows or Up a Status Bar as If its Loading But it never completes the Task because it just Sits there for a Really Long Time So Far This is What Ive Done -Clean Boot in which i goto Msconfig Windows 7 Professional Hangs when deleting or Renaming Files... and Adjust the settings to only Load system resources Upon Startup and such and then Reboot the Computer Ive done this Twice Already and still the same thing unable to Delete or Rename files -Ive Also tried to Startup Windows in Safe Mode and Try to Perform tasks as well and Still I was Unable to delete or Rename Files -Ive Ran a Virus Scan to see if it could be a potential Virus Issue although i found virus throughout my entire system i was still unable to delete or rename files -I also tried the CMD prompt when trying to manually delete or make changes to a File and i was unsuccessful with that -I Ran a ScanDsk to cleanup my drive and also Defrag but still Nothing -I also Created a Seperate User Account with Admin Settings to see if I could Perform Tasks on that User Account and Perhaps the current account I use was corrupted but i couldnt Rename or Delete Files in that Either I can Move The Files to Different Drives Other than the Recycle bin But i cant Delete them and Its only Certain files that are like this Im not sure if it is possibly an issue with the Registry or Some sort of Component Storage Corruption mumbo jumbo that ive been finding online Or what but If someone has a Fix For this and Can help I would Appreciate it thanks

A:Windows 7 Professional Hangs when deleting or Renaming Files...

For starters, try this free tool:  http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
Disable all of the non-Windows extensions, reboot and see if that helps.
If it does, re-enable ½ of them at a time to figure out where the problem lies.

Also, Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577589/windows-7-professional-hangs-when-deleting-or-renaming-files/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi folks.

Does Win7 finally allow me to disable this "feature"? It's one of the few things which I have an irrational hate for. If I want to rename the file I will use the rightclick context menu. PLEASE. I only use the left mouse button for two things: selecting something and doubleclicking to open something.

Thank you.

A:Disable click renaming of items in Explorer

very good question.. I'll see if I can figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117809-disable-click-renaming-items-explorer.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Need help removing the Security Warning / Windows Security Alert / Antivirus software alert.Made it to Step 7 (DDS.scr) downloaded dds.scr but when I start it the command window comes up briefly and then disappears.Trying to generate the DDS.txt and DDS.log but with no success.

A:Virus - Security Warning / Windows Security Alert

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344015/virus-security-warning-windows-security-alert/
Relevancy 59.77%

HI

In Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, how can I disable the automatic updates of the Windows Live Essentials 2011 suite?

THANKS

BYE

A:Disable the warning of the updates of the Windows Live Essentials 2011

Lol just update it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/232239-disable-warning-updates-windows-live-essentials-2011-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I occasionally need to rename a number of files in Vista's Windows Explorer. Typically, these files have similar filenames with minor differences. Vista's Windows Explorer will refresh its list (and reposition the files) for every file renamed. This is very disturbing when I need to keep the files in place so I can see the results of those already renamed along with those to be renamed. When I used Win2K the files would stay in place until I clicked View>Refresh. Is there any way to prevent Vista's Windows Explorer from refreshing the list until I tell it to?

A:How to prevent refresh when renaming files in Vista Windows Explorer

Try the context menu and the "Sort By" options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-prevent-refresh-when-renaming-files-in-vista-windows-explorer.702027/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently built a new pc and I am using Windows 7. I work with a large number of jpg files. Most of the time I rename these files by using a date format such as 2010.11.08. I have noticed that when I use the date format in Windows 7--such as: 2010.11.08-- and hit the "enter" key the files are renamed: 2010.11 (1) etc and NOT the complete date (2010.11.08 (1) ---if I use a date format such as 2010-11-08 OR if I rename the files 2010.11.08 a I don't have that problem. This problem only happens when I rename a group of jpg files (more than one)?it does not happen if I rename only one file. I never had this kind of problem when I was using XP?Is Windows 7 different in this respect????

I have exhausted my FAQ files and have not been able to get an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7-renaming groups of jpg files with date format 2010.11.09

At a guess - it is interpreting the last part of the date format (eg .08) as a file extension. However when you go to rename just one it ignores the extension.

Go to Start -> type Folder Options press enter -> go to View tab -> scroll down and untick the box beside "Hide extensions for known file types"

Then go back to the folder with the pictures in it and you may be able to see where the missing part of the file name has gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-renaming-groups-of-jpg-files-with-date-format-2010-11-09-a-527246.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I receive a warning box hyperlink Excel 7 Windows you in How 64bit? do warning disable 2010, Professional message quot Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be How do you disable hyperlink warning message in Excel 2010, Windows 7 Professional 64bit? harmful to your computer quot when trying to open a hyperlink in Excel nbsp In my particular case the hyperlink is being opened from a SharePoint site nbsp I have referred to multiple help forums include all of the following quot Related Topics quot suggestions Disabling Hyperlink warnings in Excel Windows local shortcuts quot do How do you disable hyperlink warning message in Excel 2010, Windows 7 Professional 64bit? you want to open this file quot warning Problems opening external Excel document from hyperlink Microsoft Excel has stopped working-- -bit Windows -bit Each WORKBOOK in separate windows Excel Windows None of these have fixed the issue nbsp I have also followed the steps of this article quot How to enable or to disable hyperlink warning messages in Office programs and in Office programs quot Article ID I cannot find a key associated with the file type quot xlsm quot to edit which is the file type associated with my hyperlinks nbsp I have disabled all of the security settings in Excel How do you disable hyperlink warning message in Excel 2010, Windows 7 Professional 64bit? so it appears to be a Windows issue nbsp Could bit vs bit be an issue nbsp What other steps can I try

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45364ac3-6289-4d46-99a4-2b4486db10fd/how-do-you-disable-hyperlink-warning-message-in-excel-2010-windows-7-professional-64bit?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 56.33%

Yesterday I installed Kodak EasyShare software and had problems with it. Today when I booted I notice that I have that red icon with the white X showing Windows Security Alert. When I open that it says that Windows Defender and Spyware Doctor are turned off, and that is the way it has always been and is supposed to be.

I have BitDefender Internet Security 2009 and it shows that "No issue affects your computer."

I deactivated Windows Defender right from the beginning, and altho I have Spyware Doctor, it does not run at start up and none of the real time protection is enabled even when I do open it and updated it to run a scan.

I figured this must be another one of those problems with EasyShare so today I used Revo Uninstaller and removed that software, but after reboot I'm still showing this Windows Security Alert.

Can anyone tell me what to do about this?

A:Windows Security Warning

goto control panel then security center

in the left click "change the way security center alerts me"

then select "dont notify me dont display the icon"

it says not recommended but i wouldnt worry , you know if your security is running or not anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/software/234623-windows-security-warning.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I apologize if this is not in the correct place or if this has been answered already I did a search and did not come across what I was looking for I have recently started receiving a pop up error at random titled quot Windows Security Warning- This page is accessing Warning Security Windows information that is not under its control quot After an extensive Google search I found the same answer over and over Windows Security Warning Quote Start Internet Explorer On the Tools menu click Internet Options On the Security tab click Internet and then Windows Security Warning click Windows Security Warning Custom Level In the Security Settings list change Access data sources across domains under Miscellaneous to Enable Click OK to close the Security Settings dialog box Click Yes when you receive the following message Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box Got this from Microsoft link KB Article I had been using the latest version of Firefox and do not use IE if I can help it After doing the above steps I did not seen any change Firefox did not have the same options so I made a couple changes to the security but had the same result I have done the changes and rebooted several times I even tried making the changes on both the x IE and the just to say I tried I am uncertain if it is a virus giving me a false reading so I ran the following scans with little to nothing found Avira antivir Super Antispyware CCleaner Eusing registry cleaner Spyware Doctor ESET Smart Security Outside of windows I tried Avira Rescue CD and DrWeb Live CD I then uninstalled as many programs as I could that I knew I would not use or need for a while and rolled back both Firefox and yahoo messenger to an earlier version I don't know if this will help but here is my hijackthis log info Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Uniblue DriverScanner dsmonitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x RivaTuner v MSI Master Overclocking Arena edition RivaTuner exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL SearchCompletion Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL SearchCompletion Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - no file O - Hosts localhost IPv O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Wi... Read more

Welcome to Seven Forums Timberwolf460. I did some reading. What do you have set as your homepage? Try setting the home page to about:blank to see if this is the issue.

Chances are the page causing the problem is pulling content from a source off that domain, such as using frames but the content of a frame is coming from a different domain. It's not advised to set the security settings to Access data sources across domains. This is basically saying, allow this to happen, and don't bother me.

Unfortunately, you are then bypassing the security that is trying to prevent content from an unknown domain. If you add the page to your trusted zone, it will at least only affect that one page, but again, you are saying accept the situation. Really the troublesome web page should fix their page. If it isn't your homepage causing it, it will be harder to track down.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/180813-windows-security-warning.html
Relevancy 56.33%

im using windows xp sp2 and i have disabled both windows firewall and virus protectin but i still can access some exe filescan anyone help me to disable this bleep

A:can anyone help me plz with this(windows security warning)

Rather than disabling all your security features just have the sender zip the file and you will be able to receive it. It will also send much more quickly in some instances.

Its a really bad idea to use MSN without anti-virus protection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18407/can-anyone-help-me-plz-with-thiswindows-security-warning/
Relevancy 56.33%

Symantec auto protect caught a trojan virus in a file that I downloaded yesterday and it was successfully quarantined. I have removed the file that I downloaded and also emptied quarantine folder of symantec permanently. Since then Windows Security Center keeps its red shield icon on the taskbar, saying that there is no protection against viruses. However, symantec antivirus is enabled, and there is nothing strange in operation. What can be the reason for the warning?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248195/windows-security-warning/
Relevancy 56.33%

After installed Avast im getting this message all the time

An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page.Do you want to allow the interaction?

any help

Thanks.....
Disabled script blocking and web shield not works

I am having the same problem. Who is able to answer this question?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/39722-windows-security-warning.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Could someone please help me with a windows security center warning pop up Its driving me nuts Just started today Stating that windows firewall detection about intrusion and privacy being attempted to compromise How can i stop this here is my hijacklog please help me stop this Here is exactly what it says Warning Windows firewall detected suspicious network activity on my computer Malicious software codes try to steal privacy into such as credit cards electronic mail accounts finanacial data or passwords Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Warning Security Center Windows Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS System Windows Security Center Warning alg exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ypager exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www evansville net my-bin index cgi R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Windows Security Center Warning http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Windows Security Center Warning Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride direcwaysupport com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A... Read more

A:Windows Security Center Warning

Greetings, and welcome to TSF!

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. If you have Windows XP, the search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files and folders', and 'Search subfolders' are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Right click on this link http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards.

===============

Run HiJackThis and click "Scan", then check(tick) the following, if present:

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
...(Unless you've set these with a anti-spyware program like SpyBot's Immunize feature, have HiJackThis fix this.)

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.kickit.to

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{029B9BED-3648-44A4-A88B-EA251C827860}: NameServer = 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{03B00B05-FD67-438C-90AA-E2C6B8D7856F}: NameServer = 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{1DC897EE-002E-4F24-B4C0-2213D9517CB0}: NameServer = 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{029B9BED-3648-44A4-A88B-EA251C827860}: NameServer = 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37
...(Verify that these ip addresses are for your isp's DNS Servers, if so, don't 'fix' these.)

NOTE: I believe that these 017's are bogus, but I cannot verify, for sure. Call your ISP!

O20 - Winlogon Notify: style2 - C:\WINDOWS\q1106750_disk.dll

Now, with all windows closed except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure your able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

files...

C:\WINDOWS\q1106750_disk.dll

-

Note that some of these file(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them from "Safe Mode".

===============

Post back a new log, and let us know how everything goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-security-center-warning-56849.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi
recently i have been having a problem oif when i run msn messenger games or anotehr game a windows security warning error comes up
it says publisher unknown and msgrchkr.cab31267.cab as well as egamesplugin.cab
does anyone know what this is ? and can help me ?
i have ran adaware , microspfy anti spyware , and spybot s&D. The problem still persists
Thanx in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-warning-cab-error.368690/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello to all I am new in this forumI have a big problem like this http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-security-center-warning I have tried with ad-aware spybot and AVG and McAfee Stinger but Security Center Windows Warning the problem still existsI try hijack and I give the logfile Please somebody help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes D WINDOWS System smss exeD WINDOWS system winlogon exeD WINDOWS system services Windows Security Center Warning exeD WINDOWS system lsass exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeD WINDOWS Explorer EXED PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeD Program Files Winamp winampa exeD PROGRA Tornado BIN WIN K tidslmon exeD Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeD Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeD Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeD WINDOWS system ctfmon exeD Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeD Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exeD Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exeD Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeD WINDOWS system spoolsv exeD Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeD WINDOWS system WgaTray exeD Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeD Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeD PROGRA FREEDO fdm exeD Documents and Settings Sakis stinger exeE programms cleanup HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - D Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - D Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run avast D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent D Program Files Winamp winampa exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task D Program Files QuickTime qttask exe -atboottimeO - HKLM Run TIxDSL D PROGRA Tornado BIN WIN K tidslmon exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility D WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update D Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware D Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe minimizedO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE D WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe backgroundO - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA D Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe O - HKCU Run Veoh D Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe VeohHideO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE D WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE D WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE D WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE D WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk D Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item Download all with Free Download Manager - file D Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htmO - Extra context menu item Download selected with Free Download Manager - file D Program Files Free Do... Read more

A:Windows Security Center Warning

Hello and welcome to BC. Sorry for the delay in response. If you haven't received help elsewhere already and still require assistance, please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117094/windows-security-center-warning/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am getting little popups in the bottom right hand corner of my screen saying Center Windows Warning? Security different things like I have been infected If I click on these popups it takes me to a screen that reads Windows Security Center Windows Security Center Warning? has detected dangerous spyware and trojans on your computer Upgrade your antispyware protection to remove spyware and trojans from your PC Windows Security Center is stronly recommends youto install latest antispyware updates to remove spyware and trojans Windows Security Center Warning? from your system and protect your privacy I am pretty sure that this is not a real Windows Security Alert I don t think atleast but I don t know how to get rid of it I ve had an Antispyware Soldier problem Windows Security Center Warning? before which was similar but a little different The only thing that I have tried to do is run Ad-Aware SE and that didn t help So what do I need to do now Just an FYI I am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers Any help you could give me is appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Security Center Warning?

Hello jermaine4211, Welcome to bleeping computer... You didn't provide much specifics,,, So I'll assume you are using XP or 2000. Were there any messages, what are the pop ups? What AV and spyware apps do you have? Which firewall are you using?Install AVG Antispyware then run SAFE MODE. This may take quite some time, an hour or so, depending on speed and infection How to start How to start Windows in Safe ModeFirst go here and print out the instructions on install / scan with AVGBe sure to check for the any updates to the program after you install these.Download and run ( formerly known as ewido) AVG Antispyware 7.5Following these instructions Download and run Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 (with out tea timer option)Download and run SUPERantispyware, free version Home User Now Run Windows Windows OneCare LiveBe sure to click ONLY on the grey box below the picture of a wrench ?Full Service Scan?Again this may take some time especially it it needs to defragment the drive.Please post back with any questions and resultsClick "yes" to install any active X components these sites may ask for..Post back if you have any further questions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69498/windows-security-center-warning/
Relevancy 55.47%

okay I keep getting this and I even updated IE to IE9.

do you want to allow software such activex controls and plug ins to run?

Been trying to use VAGEX its a youtube video view enhancer

A:Windows security warning, ergh help.

If you want it to run, what happens if you just say yes?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/289768-windows-security-warning-ergh-help.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I keep getting a security warning for ExMgr.exe when I log in. I very recently performed a clean install of windows. I'm a little worried that the publisher is unknown when it is a windows file. Any idea what's going on?

See below

A:Security warning for windows file

Hi check the comments on this site and see if it applies to you HsMgr.exe Windows process - What is it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59697-security-warning-windows-file.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Please someone help This is driving me absolutely insane So yesterday I was doing general maintenance on my computer ran Windows Update and updated everything I wanted After everything was finished I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I m convinced that something in my updates has changed my settings The problem I am having is that every Security windows Warning Popup time I try to drag and drop shortcuts folders pretty much anything INSIDE MY OWN PC to another location on my PC via desktop or inside directory windows I get the infuriating popup warning from Windows Security These files might be harmful to your computer Your internet security settings suggest that one or more files may be harmful Do you want to use it anyway OK Cancel I can cut and paste just fine but can not drag and drop practically anything without getting this ridiculous popup THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR Tools - gt Internet Options - gt Security - gt Local Intranet - gt Sites - gt Advanced - gt added IP address of my PC Tools - gt Internet Options - gt Security - gt Local Intranet - gt Sites - gt Unticked automatically detect intranet network Tools - gt Internet Options - gt Security - gt Local Intranet - gt Sites - gt ticked all boxes underneath automatically detect intranet network Tools - gt Internet Options - gt Security - gt Local windows Security Popup Warning Intranet - gt Custom Level Security Settings - gt Miscellaneous - gt Access data sources across domains Enable Tools - gt Internet Options - gt Security - gt Local Intranet - gt Custom Level Security Settings - gt Miscellaneous - gt Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste files Enable I have UAC slider turned all the way down to never notify This is the same as turning UAC off yes I have windows defender and windows firewall services disabled via services msc None of this has worked I am running Windows Professional I am on a Sky Broadband Wireless Connection Wireless Connection and I have administrator access Before my updates this did not happen I have not set up a Local Area Network I am on a Home Network and I am not sharing anything in my Homegroup I know this complaint isn t a PC destroying problem but it is absolutely infuriating as I tidy my PC up a lot in regards to where my shortcuts folders and such are kept I do NOT want this stupid warning on my PC as all I m trying to do is drag shortcuts and folders from one location to another ON MY OWN PC Please someone help I have wasted hours trying to correct this pathetic idea of Windows programmers I have absolutely ran out of ideas Thank you nbsp

A:windows Security Popup Warning

Have a look here at post #2 and see if Phantom's suggestion works:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/843951-how-disable-windows-security-warning.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-popup-warning.1118799/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 x64 on a desktop PC. I download pictures, and rename them using the rename process in Windows Explorer. When I rename pictures in the folder, they'll have the name like pic (1) pic (2) pic (3) and so on. I can rename pictures until I reach pic (10001). At that point, Explorer no longer automatically increments them. The renaming status bar turns red, and an error message says: "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder". I am however, able to manually enter numbers higher than 10001, so I'm not sure what the error message is referencing.

Is there a registry entry, or environmental variable that I can increase the value to be greater than 10001?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621282/when-renaming-files-is-there-a-maxvalue-set-for-files-in-a-folder-of-10001/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently ran windows update and after that I get this annoying popup. This popup appears when I try to unzip a file. How do I disable it?

edit: when I use winrar to unzip the file, there's no popup.

A:Disable windows security

Thats a standard windows thing, open file security, i know its anoying, but you might just have to live with it. The reason why when you use the other program it doesnt pop up is because its extracting the file within the program, not with the standard windows extractor built into the OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disable-windows-security-596317.html
Relevancy 55.04%

shared documents 6 virus found, my documents 3 found,hard drive c 9virus found and trojans, and it's also tells me that windows security has also been damage and that your computer is infected and i am afraid to turn my computer off,please help me before my computer get crash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-affected-windows-security-warning.930972/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having spyware on my computer i receive quot Error Microsoft Windows Security warning quot which shows my ports have been hijacked And my home page changes to quot http www hotoffers info quot This is my log Please help me ------------------------------------------------------------------------------Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC WINDOWS system regsvc exeC WINDOWS system MSTask exeC WINDOWS System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exeC WINDOWS system slserver exeC Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exeC Program Files RConnect RConnectDialer exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files YAHOO MESSENGER YPager exeC Downloads Software HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotoffers info R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htmF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe userinit exeN - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A #317 Microsoft warning Windows Security Error CPROGRAM FILES CNETSCAPE CNETSCAPE Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings SK Application Data Mozilla Profiles default Error #317 Microsoft Windows Security warning e queh Error #317 Microsoft Windows Security warning slt prefs js O - Hosts ibank barclays co ukO - Hosts online-business lloydstsb co ukO - Hosts online lloydstsb co ukO - Hosts www halifax-online co ukO - Hosts www ukpersonal hsbc co ukO - Hosts www nwolb comO - Hosts banesnet banesto esO - Hosts extranet banesto esO - Hosts earthlink netO - Hosts www earthlink netO - Hosts go comO - Hosts www go comO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO WgBHO Class - E D-B - E -B F - AA E BA - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run VTPreset VTPreset exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft IIS C WINDOWS system syshost exeO - HKLM Run CountrySelection pctptt exeO - HKLM Run NAV Auto Updates slserver exeO - HKLM Run mIANi C windows temp mIANi exeO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run AudioDeck C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe O - HKLM RunServices NAV Auto Updates slserver exeO - HKCU Run NAV Auto Updates slserver exeO - HKCU Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorunO - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOL... Read more

A:Error #317 Microsoft Windows Security warning

Hi jitsy,Welcome to the forums.I'd like you to download and install this free programhttp://cleanup.stevengould.org/On the downloads page you will find Cleanup312.exeInstall this but do NOT run it yet.Run HiJackThis, scan and place a check mark next to the followingR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blankR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotoffers.info/185/R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\blank.htmO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft IIS] C:\WINDOWS\system32\syshost.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Auto Updates] slserver.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mIANi] C:\windows\temp\mIANi.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NAV Auto Updates] slserver.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NAV Auto Updates] slserver.exeWith all windows,and browser windows closed, including this one, hit "Fix checked"Reboot, on restart, start in "Safe Mode".How To1. Restart the computer. 2. As the computer restarts, begin tapping the F8 key until the Windows XP startup menu appears. 3. Choose Safe mode from the startup menu, and then press Enter. Windows starts in Safe mode.Show "Hidden files and folders".How toClick Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View Tab.In the Advanced settings box, under the "Hidden files" folder, select Show hidden files and foldersRemove the check mark from "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".Click Apply, and then click OK.Find and delete the following (Note, only delete the items in bold)slserver.exe<--File only C:\WINDOWS\system32\syshost.exeRun the cleanup utility you downloaded earlier. This will delete the contents of C:\Temp, Windows Temporary Folder, Temporary Internet Files, cookies, Recycle Bin etc.Reboot normally.I'd like you to run both of these online virus scans. Reboot between each scan.http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asphttp://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/co...n_principal.htmLet them fix what they find.Reboot.Please download Ad-Aware SE from: http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/The personal version is free.Install the program and launch it.First, in the main window, look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now and download the latest reference files.Next, you need to configure Ad-aware for a full scan.Click on the Gear icon (second from the left) to access the preferences/settings window1. In the General window make sure the following are selected: * Automatically save log-file * Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal * Safe Mode (always request confirmation)2. Click on the Scanning button on the left and select : * Scan Within Archives * Scan Active Processes * Scan Registry * Deep Scan Registry * Scan my IE favorites for banned URL?s * Scan my Hosts file * Under Click here to select drives + folders, choose: * All of your hard drivesClick on the Advanced button on the left and select: * Include additional process information * Include additional file information * Include environment informationClick the Tweak button and select: * Under the Scanning Engine: o Unload recognized processes & modules during scan o Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile * Under the Cleaning Engine: o Let Windows remove files in use at next rebootClick on Proceed to save the settings.Click Start and on the next screen choose Activate in-depth Scan at the bottom of the page and then choose: * Use Custom Scanning OptionsClick Next and Ad-aware will scan your hard drive(s) with the options you have selected.Save the log file when it asks and then click FinishWhen finished, mark everything for removal and get rid of... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14578/error-317-microsoft-windows-security-warning/
Relevancy 55.04%

i realize now that im posting this wice the first post was on a reply to another post i found via google trying to fix my problem anyway this is it and i am desperate to fix this Ive got win k and this windows security center warning msg keeps popping up every site ive seen on it only talks about win xp having it well after i recently Warning message Windows Security Center ran some microsoft updates im getting this error i even went and fixed the spyware issues it seems to be talking about now Windows Security Center Warning message i just want this to stop popping Windows Security Center Warning message up thing is its not in my services and i cant seem to find anywhere that talks about the process that turns ont he msg is csrss exe witch i know is a windows process needed to be on so how can i make this stupid error stop popping up i just want to turn this quot windows security center quot off any help

A:Windows Security Center Warning message

Please post the exact error message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12743/windows-security-center-warning-message/
Relevancy 54.61%

Before any of the resident security-crazed members reply to this please note this question is in regards to a personal computer I am well aware of the risks almost none and dont need to be reminded of best practices Roughly - security alerts for downloading and running a file from the web simply numbs the user and is bordering on alerts to windows ALL 7 in disable security How excessive and downright stupid That being said lets get on to the question I am looking for ways to disable ALL warnings in windows I E the publisher warnings when opening files downloaded from the internet as well as any other warnings within windows I tried to modify low risk file types in GPEDIT msc but didnt seem to make How to disable ALL security alerts in windows 7 a difference Im also looking for advice and tips from other members on how they were able to disable certain alerts or security warnings Please share what you have done and it may How to disable ALL security alerts in windows 7 be helpful User account control has already been disabled I will test on my computer and get back to you I am basically trying to take a standard windows desktop and convert How to disable ALL security alerts in windows 7 it into a real computer that doesnt cripple you with prompts and warnings at every turn Again your thoughts and feedback is appreciated If you try to change my mind on this one I am just going to laugh at you because microsoft has you right where they want you

A:How to disable ALL security alerts in windows 7

how to disable windows 7

Once you've found everything you need, please stay off the Internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/138946-how-disable-all-security-alerts-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi ,

This seems like a pretty complex problem, I've tried spybot adaware avg super anti spyware with no avail- Every 5-10 minutes I get a pop up with

windows security alert warning potential spyware......... click yes to remove spyware ( obviously i click no)

Can anyone help PLEASE

A:Need Help With Windows Security Alert Warning Potential Spyware

Try running the Smitfraud fix.How to remove the Smitfraud / Generic Zlob / Quicknavigate / Virtual Maid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117229/need-help-with-windows-security-alert-warning-potential-spyware/
Relevancy 54.61%

Vital statistics Dell Dimension years old Intel Pentium Mhz MB RAM G physical memory Dell FP LCD Phoenix BIOS Windows XP SP Norton Antivirus Spybot MS AntiSpyware Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird BIOS has never been updates all other items listed have the latest updates available Hello and thanks for the recent birthday greeting Since installing MS update whenever I power up my computer I get an MS security warning shield red telling me that my antivirus program update Norton security warning re: 903235 Windows and is turned off Also my computer makes this is embarrassing a quot ker-plunking quot sound that seems to be related to the warning or my clicking on the shield as the warning instructs Please note the kerplunk is a sound I ve heard before and seems to be how my computer lets me know I have a glitch Windows update 903235 and security warning re: Norton on the back forty of my frontal lobe thus I have malfunctioned in some way Clicking on the shield brings the Windows Security Center up but not until Norton has loaded anyway then both the Security Center and Norton itself shows that nothing is turned off all is as it should be Another note I accepted as quot critical quot without checking the fine print Now I see that it s specifically for Internet Explorer and I use Firefox I was going to uninstall this morning but I got a message saying that several programs including Firefox might not operate correctly if I completed the uninstall Thus I m writing you for advice Is an Internet Explorer update or patch of any use to Firefox That question seems to beg a simple quot No quot but I ve learned that nothing is simple with computers By now I accept as fact that computers know their business while I know neither my own business nor theirs Also I was wondering if I can somehow convince Norton Antivirus to load right away during startup It s set to load during startup it always does load then but several other things load first Is there a way to change the startup queue What I have loading at startup Norton Antivirus Microsoft AntiSpyware Spybot FreeRam XP Pro and Google Web Accelerator Norton is last to load and I would love to change that if there s a way Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-903235-and-security-warning-re-norton.385798/
Relevancy 54.61%

I keep getting this error. It's quite annoying and comes straight back up as soon as I click ok, so it was really hard to even printscreen a copy to show anyone.

I have no idea how I can research into this, since nothing in the window seems to be search-friendly. So I registered here to see what you experts and can figure out, or perhaps even that you can help solve it.

A:"Error" Box when using Windows Explorer (Browsing/renaming files/draging and droping)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-box-when-using-windows-explorer-browsing-renaming-files-draging-and-droping.356841/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello This just started today and I have noticed a few people who have similar problems one being a new member on here their thread is Windows system Fake Security Warning Solved: Center at http forums techguy org malware-removal-hijackthis-logs -htj-log-fake-spyware html The wallpaper turns a light blue says quot Warning Spyware Threat has been detected on your PC quot It says some more then a link at the bottom that says quot click here to scan your pc for spyware quot Along with this there are popups imitating Windows Security and the warning triangle pops up in the clock area with one of warnings quot Your computer is infected with spyware quot quot Internet attack attempt detected quot quot Your Computer is working slowly quot quot Your Computer is not protected against spyware quot Every now and then a webpage opens with the title on the top of the screen of quot Top Rated Spyware Removers quot Ran Avast have infections and can not delete repair move Either win Spyware-gen Tri or Win ialer- Tri Hope that helps On Solved: Fake Windows Security Center system Warning windows XP Media Center Edition Here is a Hijack This log and thank you for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Autodesk Data Management Server Server Dispatch Connectivity WindowsService JobDispatch exe C WINDOWS system wmsdkns exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Autodesk Data Management Server Server Webserver Connectivity EDMWS Server exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA RAID Service kraidsvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS winself exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL AUTODESKVAULT Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA HD DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C WINDOWS system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system THotkey exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Direct Disc Writer ddwmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA RAID Console Kraidman exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C P... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Last night I stumbled into a problem that sounds like it's probably a backdoor trojan (based on other posts). Description:Red pop-up with the title "Windows Security Center system warning"A red frame inside the pop-up box with the heading "Alert details"; within the frame, "File: avpcc.dll" and "Threat: CoolWebSearch" also appear.Seems to have disabled task manager; also uses the system tray to alert me that "system is not protected; may be infected!"I downloaded MalwareBytes and ran a quick scan. Removed all items that were found, but pop-up window still appears and an IE/Firefox browser window opens every few minutes (opens to Google).Should I download "Combofix" and try to repair with that? I'm basing this on the following posts:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148186/infected-with-numerous-items-can-only-boot-in-safe-mode/Still need to download/run DSS tonight--I'm entering this from my work computer and the issue is on my home PC.Thanks!-Spencer

A:Malware/trojan: Windows Security Center System Warning--help!

Don't use ComboFix unless instructed to.

It is a very powerful tool that, if used incorrectly, could ruin your system.

Run another MBAM scan. Does the same trojan appear again?

Let me know what happens,
Cornzey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152538/malwaretrojan-windows-security-center-system-warning-help/
Relevancy 53.75%

This all started with Google redirects then FBI warning I ran malware to remove these I then was hit with internet security Pro which closes all programs I open Just so you know I have run TDSS killer and Rkil prior to running DDS in order to order to rum it Below is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Dianna at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F -C A -C -E C-E BA FB SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E -E -C D -D BC-D F Running Processes C Windows warning, Security Internet 7 Redirect, FBI Windows Pro, ultimate Google system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Internet Security Pro, Google Redirect, FBI warning, Windows 7 ultimate Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com uProxyOverride lt -loopback gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO ContributeBHO Class C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll BHO C BAE- C- E D- FC -E A C D - lt orphaned gt BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll TB Contribute Toolbar BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mRun NUSB MON C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe mRun HDAudDeck C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe -r mRun StartCCC C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe MSRun mRun APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe mRun iTunesHelper C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe mRun Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe dRunOnce KodakHomeCenter C Program Files x Kodak AiO Center AiOHomeCenter exe StartupFolder C Users Dianna AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup CurseClientStartup ccip StartupFolder C Users Dianna AppData Roaming MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup GAMEST LNK - C Program Files x GameStop App Now GameStopNow exe StartupFolder C PROGRA MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup RALINK LNK - C Program Files x Ralink Common RaUI exe mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE Append Link Target to Existing PDF - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html IE Search the Web - C Program Files x SweetIM Toolbars Internet Explorer resources menuext html IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABC... Read more

A:Internet Security Pro, Google Redirect, FBI warning, Windows 7 ultimate

Hello Enzo_Zero I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500720/internet-security-pro-google-redirect-fbi-warning-windows-7-ultimate/
Relevancy 53.75%

Aug. 11, 2006 &#8212; The Department of Homeland Security released a statement Wednesday advising Windows PC owners across the nation to update their computers or face a potential attack from hackers.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2303485&page=1

Security Patch + More info from Microsoft

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/homeland-security-issues-warning-to-windows-users-very-important.491882/
Relevancy 53.75%

This pops up very frequently With the message quot Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to prevent any unathorized access to your files Click YES to download spyware remover quot I've also noticed that I can't get into my control panel and add remove programs with out getting the message quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your administrator quot In looking around I have done some research and it seems to be a popular Potential Spyware Warning! Operation! Windows Security Alert. issue Please let me know what can be done to kick this Trojan Virus Here is my Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system proper exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C WINDOWS Windows Security Alert. Warning! Potential Spyware Operation! AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files BurnQuick BQTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Windows Security Alert. Warning! Potential Spyware Operation! Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchFilter exe C Documents and Settings Tim Desktop HiJackThis v exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www verizon net central cust tal nfpb true R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system proper exe O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Ca... Read more

A:Windows Security Alert. Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Don't know if this is something I can do myself or need to have it professionally done.

Please advise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-security-alert-warning-potential-spyware-operation-200191.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have scanned with spybot adaware super anti-spyware mcafee stinger and all the others recomended by this forum and still have the same problem I get the message quot Windos Security Alert - Warning Potential Spyware Operation - Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to your files Clik YES to download spyware remover and of couse I click no to cancel It ties to reset my homepage to google com and disables the control panel and the task manger Here is the hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system - Security Potential Activity Alert Warning Windows Spyware proper exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Common Files Windows Security Alert - Warning Potential Spyware Activity Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system InetCntrl InetCntrl exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cableone net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system proper exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - D B - - DE -AE - B B F - C WINDOWS system bronto dllO - BHO Bsecure Popup Blocker - E - C F- D-A E-AD F C - C WINDOWS system InetCntrl PopupKil BsafeBHO dllO - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dllO - Toolbar Bsecure Popup Blocker - E - C F- D-A E-AD F C - C WINDOWS system InetCntrl PopupKil BsafeBHO dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common... Read more

A:Windows Security Alert - Warning Potential Spyware Activity

Hello dannic and welcome to BC My name is SNOWHITE and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please follow the steps below exactly in the order they are written:Step #1We must disable the Real-Time Protection feature of Windows Defender for it may interfere with the changes we need to make.To disable Real-Time Protection:Go to "Tools" | "General Settings" Scroll down to "Real-time protection options" Uncheck "Turn on real-time protection (recommended)"Remember to reactivate this feature when we have finished all our work.Step #21. Download combofix from one of these links:Link1Link22. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply and new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.Regards,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114671/windows-security-alert-warning-potential-spyware-activity/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm getting a constant popup, the message is the following:

"Windows Security Alert Warning! Potential Spyware Operation! Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unautorrized access to your files! Click YES to download spyware remover..."

this message pops up every 5 minutes. My control panel is hidden, can't access it, tried to navigate through windows explorer, which i did and clicked on it and got the following message:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

don't understand, since its a home computer and I am the administrator.

I already tried scanning the computer with AVGAnti-virus and Spyhunter, removed all virus, trojans and whatnot, and still getting this problem.

What do i do? would appreciate any help!!!

Thanks....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-alert-warning-pop-up-no-control-panel-access.639439/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Something has happenned to my system I donot see the control panel on my start menu Has removed me as the computer Administrator and there is a message box that returns every minutes which says Windows Secuity Alert Warning Potential Spyware Operation Your computer is making Unauthorized copies of your system and internet files Run full scan now to prevent any - Security Warning! Potential Spyware Windows Alert Activity.. unauthorised access to your files Click YES to download spyware remover At the bottom of the pop-up there is a Windows Security Alert - Warning! Potential Spyware Activity.. Yes and a No button Windows Security Alert - Warning! Potential Spyware Activity.. and if you push yes you are taken to some web site that offers to sell you a spyware removal program that will make every thing ok I can't also access my my computer propeties I tried to reach my Control Panel buy right clicking my desktop then clicking on properties None of it worked When I clicked on properties I was told quot The operation has been canclled due to restrictions in place on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot I have already AVAST Anivirus spyware removal v installed in my system It had showed some troan infections but nothing has worked out Also installed SmitfraudFix exe and executed in safe mode and then consecutively excuting the quot SUPERAntiSpyware quot spyware removal tool But still no use Please find the log created by the Trend Micro HijackThis v Please HELP My Initial Investigation I ran MSCONFIG and got the programs applications which are in the STARTUP I found that there is a exe file with name TIMOTY EXE which is placed in folder WINDOWS gt SYSTEM which is being executed each time somehow even after disabling it from the startup and rebooting my laptop So I had tried to remove the same from the registry entries also and successfully done But after that when I restarted rebooted my Laptop those registry entries are back in the system I dont know how Please Please HELP ------------------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system msanton exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files FlashGet flashget exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system msanton exeO - Hosts www payseal icicibank comO - Hosts www sifymall comO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c PROGRA mcafee SPAMKI mcapfbho dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO Groove GFS ... Read more

A:Windows Security Alert - Warning! Potential Spyware Activity..

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117889/windows-security-alert-warning-potential-spyware-activity/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I m a Windows -bit user Google is redirecting to random sites and Windows Security Center is permanently disabled I fixed a similar problem on a different computer by using System Restore but no previous restore points were available on this machine which was probably caused by the infection I m usually a do-it-yourself guy but I m beyond stumped Also McAfee has been completely uninstalled before running DDS although DDS shows it being quot enabled updated quot I will leave the computer completely alone until I receive directions Thank you for your time DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by jskipper at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV McAfee Total Protection Windows Redirect and Center Google Security Disable Service Enabled Updated - - EA Google Redirect and Windows Security Center Disable -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Total Protection Service Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper fdde b- f- -ab f- cbeff - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - C PROGRA MIF BA Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot BHO DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - No File TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File StartupFolder C Users jskipper AppData Roaming MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup AUTORU ONENOT LNK - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE StartupFolder C PROGRA MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup AUTORU TDMNOT LNK - C Program Files x Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmNotify exe mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolic... Read more

A:Google Redirect and Windows Security Center Disable

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427270/google-redirect-and-windows-security-center-disable/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 7 RC yesterday, but now that I finished upgrading, I can't login through Asus Security Protect Manager. It gives a 'server error' when I try and login through the fingerprint recognition or password.

However, I was able to login through Safe Mode in Windows 7. Does anyone know how I can bypass the Asus Security or disable it? I can't uninstall it through Safe Mode.

Also, there's no System Restore point I can roll back to. Thanks.

A:Security Program Prevents Windows 7 Login. Must Disable

ummm.... i dont have any experience with FPreaders.... but i am going to take an educated guess and say that this is in the bios settings maybe. You can access your bios usually by hitting Delete during p.o.s.t check (where it displays your cpu, memory, etc). Navigate around somewhere there in the bios and look for settings related to the FP recognition... may be around the same place the "boot up" password is located... or integrated peripheals is another spot. Make sure you hit F10 to save any changes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10821-security-program-prevents-windows-7-login-must-disable.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past few weeks whenever Spybot Item Detecting Disable Windows Security I run Spybot it has been reporting the following two items -Windows Security Center Anti-Virus Disable Notify -Windows Security Center Firewall Disable Notify I have been routinely just removing them but find that they return I believe whenever I reboot the system After reading Cookiegal s recent sticky on this subject I ve been going into the Windows Security Center Control Panel gt quot Change the way Spybot Detecting Windows Security Disable Item Security Center alerts me quot and checking to see if the alerts for anti-virus and firewall are enabled In the morning after booting up the system I find these alerts disabled so I reenable them and they seem to stay enabled until I boot up the next time and again I find them disabled Apparently I have some malware of some kind changing things for me I m currently running SpywareBlaster and frequently run Spybot and Adaware Incidently should I download the Microsoft Beta I also am running the McAfee Virus Scan Personal Firewall Plus and Privacy Service and the Windows Firewall I know how to obtain a Hijack This log Would that be useful to TSG in helping me on this Would appreciate advice on this Thanks Addnovice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spybot-detecting-windows-security-disable-item.392601/
Relevancy 53.32%

i now have roughly 4000 mp3s and i wanted to make a list of all of them,but at the end of each song on the list i want it to show what cd its on,i use file grabber to make the list,so when i put in a cd and load the list into file grabber i want it to say"song title"cd1.then i would load in another list from another cd and i want it to say"song title"cd2etc etc,so when i have my master list of all my music and i want to hear a song it will tell me cd to look on.is there a way to add an extension onto a batch of songs without renaming all of them.i hope i made myself clear on this---i use win 98

Relevancy 53.32%

Can any one help me? I try to rename my files/folders and upon typing in the new name I hit enter and the new file name won't appear until after I either close the window and re-open it or I refresh the window. Same thing happens when I right click and create a new folder, the folder won't appear until I refresh and then I name it and have to refresh yet again. This is getting quite annoying.

I don't know if it's a program that I have, a registry key that's corrupt or what. I seem to remember this starting after my computer did it's Automatic Updates, but I don't want to remove the wrong updates/programs/registry keys and mess up my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

John

A:Renaming Files Don't Appear Right Away

Try going here and downloading and running this scan see if it fixes it the problem -- If not, tell me... I'll try looking into it too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renaming-files-dont-appear-right-away.640396/
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings, I'm looking for a way to rename files via windows right click shell, a hidden windows setting or power toy, that will allow me to rename two files that already have identical names, but different file extensions, to a new but still identical name, without windows adding in an incremental number in parenthesis to the second file. I know I can just manually remove the added tag by hand however I have about 18,000 files to rename and am trying to cut down the amount of time it takes to do this. For example if I have two files, one is named thisdamnsong.cdg and one is named thisdamnsong.mp3 and I want to change them to thissong.cdg and thissong.mp3 without windows causing thissong (1).mp3 to occur. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Renaming files

Best freeware I have found so far,

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renaming-files.860264/
Relevancy 53.32%

When I rename a file on my computer, I just have to type in the name only and the extension (file type) is maintained. However, another employee in our office has to actually type in the new name with the extension. I'm thinking they must have something set differently somewhere in Windows XP. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok, so there are two options: You can either make windows show file extensions like file.exe, or you can have it hide known extensions, like file . What bothers me, is why isn't there an option that hides everything but click to rename it, the extension shows up?

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Alex.

A:Renaming Files

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD

Ok, so there are two options: You can either make windows show file extensions like file.exe, or you can have it hide known extensions, like file . What bothers me, is why isn't there an option that hides everything but click to rename it, the extension shows up?

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Alex.

Alex, I don't believe that I have ever seen that. I firmly believe that the default should be to show file extensions instead of hide them. Big mistake and a great opening for the virus and trojan creators..

Just my opinion..

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202441-renaming-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

how would i go about renaming a file from filename.something to filename.mp3 =P
thx for any help i get

A:renaming files

NOTE: I may be incorrect but try this(I think I am incorrect, but its worth a shot).

just change the ".something" to .mp3

EXAMPLE: metallica.avi, delete ".avi", type ".mp3"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renaming-files.36716/
Relevancy 53.32%

I would like to know of a program that would let me remove the current name of files in a folder and replace the original filename with a number that represents how many files there are (goes up by one for each file). What's an app I can use that'll do this and how do I do this using that app?

Thanks in advance,

HexStar

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a user who uses a laptop at home to VPN into the network so he can work from home. Everything works fine until he tries to rename a file. His computer gives him the error basically saying he is using invalid characters. He has tried to rename it very simple names (1, test, etc.). He can create folders and copy files into them and delete them but he just can't rename them. As soon as he gets back into the office he is able to rename folders and files using the exact same username and password he is using from home. Any ideas why he can't rename files and folders over the VPN?

Andrew

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/renaming-files-over-vpn-460284.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I rename a file in XP, right click - rename
the extension doesn't change.

i.e. renaming test.text to be .dat becomes test.dat.txt

How can I quickly change the entire name and extension ?
I have been going to DOS to rename it.

A:renaming files in XP

do you have on a right click the option to "open with"? If so...choose .dat association

If not... highlight & then hold down the shift key down & right click & choose "open with"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renaming-files-in-xp.65347/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi
I am trying to completely rename an exe file using Resource Hacker. In the "version info" group there is the following information (shown with my edits in bold below). The problem is that although the filename, file description and icons are now the way i want, the name of the window that opens is still not changed.

Is there anything ive missed? Thanks for the help

Code:
1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 1,0,0,609
PRODUCTVERSION 1,0,0,609
FILEOS 0x4
FILETYPE 0x0
{
BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
{
BLOCK "040904B0"
{
VALUE "CompanyName", "Sibelius Software"
VALUE "FileDescription", "Sibelius 6"
VALUE "FileVersion", "01.00.00.0609"
VALUE "InternalName", "Sibelius 6"
VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright (C) 2003"
VALUE "OriginalFilename", "Sibelius 6.exe"
VALUE "ProductName", "Sibelius 6"
VALUE "ProductVersion", "01.00.00.0609"
VALUE "FileName", "Sibelius 6"
}
}

BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
{
VALUE "Translation", 0x0409 0x04B0
}
}

A:Renaming .exe files

The name of the application Window could be stored anywhere. It could be in the resources, hard coded in the exe file or stored somewhere else. Every application is different.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/renaming-exe-files-673372.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've copied my itunes folder to an external drive as a backup now want to change the folder name but am not allowed .I am the administrator & permissions are set to full control . What do I need to do?

I have Vista home premium

Try this. http://paulstamatiou.com/2007/02/09/how-to...sta-permissions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229736/renaming-files/
Relevancy 53.32%

In windows vista, when I wanted to rename files in a folder all I had to do was right click on one file, rename it and click tab to move to the next file to rename. I didn't have to right click every single file, click rename, type the name, press enter and then move on. This has become a huge problem for me in windows 7 and I cannot seem to find an answer of solution to this problem.

I open a folder that has 27 pictures; I want to rename those pictures in a consectutive order, but in the order I want them to be; for example: R2290-01 and I want that exact style to follow through until R2290-27. I am okay with renaming every file by hand, but I want to be able to "TAB" between them and not right click and rename everytime.

HELP ME PLEASE! This is driving me absolutely nuts.

If this is a common thing for you, might I suggest a completely different approach.
Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/146845-renaming-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I rename multiple files which are already organized by number or alphabetical order...that previous order is lost. The files though renamed, are assigned a new and random oder. How can I retain the previous sequencing when renaming multiple files?
Hartlyn

A:renaming files

You can't unless you rename them individually. The Explorer will always append a number to your name when you rename several in one strike.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289293-renaming-files.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I couldn't search for a similar thread so I decided to post this video tutorial here. It's quite interesting. Something is new from other tips I have learnt about disabling w10 spying/telemetry

https://malwaretips.com/threads/disable-windows-10-spying-privacy-security-by-barnacules-nerdgasm.63474/
Relevancy 52.89%

[Win XP-Pro-SP3] My "Security Center - Virus Protection" does not offer a way  tp turn it off. Just 'Internet Options', 'Windows Firewall', and 'Automatic Updates'. Virus Protection' shows ON. 'Firewall' shows ON. 'Automatic Updates' shows OFF (of course since it is unsupported XP)
I would like to keep the firewall, but turn off the virus checking because it has become unreliable and I am using another product instead.
Any ideas?

A:How to disable "MS Security Centre Virus Protection" but keep Windows Firewall?

Open Control Panel.....Select Security Center.....,..On left side of Security Center select 'Change The Way Security Center Alerts Me.' Check or Uncheck Alert Settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555252/how-to-disable-ms-security-centre-virus-protection-but-keep-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a word document with a picture inserted into it. I right clicked the picture and added a hyperlink to an mpg video clip that is stored on my computer. Now, every time I click on the picture, instead of going immediately to the video clip and running it, I get this really annoying warning about trusting this file. How do I prevent this warning message from being displayed every time I click on the hyper linked picture in Word? I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit and Word as Administrator. I am the only person on this machine ? it is a stand alone pc in my home ? not connected to any company network.
I have scoured the internet for potential solutions and none of the suggestions have worked. A screen shot of the warning msg is attached.
Thanks in advance for ANY help.

A:Can't Disable Warning msg in Word

What version of Office are you running?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/372747-cant-disable-warning-msg-word.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there

For people still using XP VM's with MSE installed the end of life (Red alert - At Risk) can be extremely annoying. Note also I wouldn't uninstall it -- MSE STILL gets virus definition updates until JULY 2015. !! (I'll bet a few didn't actually know that !!).

Anyway here's a way to remove the annoying NAG.

(I think people on this Forum are aware that XP has passed it's support date but there are often perfectly good reasons for still running it on a VM and people KNOW the risks of using an out of date OS).

Disable the Security Essentials End-of-Life Warning on Windows XP - Super User

Cheers
jimbo

A:XP VM Disable end of life warning in MSE

I usually just installed the update build before 4.304 (the second last one). Does that still work?

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/50560-xp-vm-disable-end-life-warning-mse.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When i formatted it i chose the name "Haunted" now i need to change it to something else. I renamed my C:\ easy enough but im not sure on how or if i can change the USER File name.

Thanks ^_^

A:Renaming The User Files

Welcome
See answer by Kari.
created a new user but docs still saved in old user

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/161912-renaming-user-files.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi to anyone who can advise me files Renaming Solved: MP3 please I have loads of MP files Solved: Renaming MP3 files that are Solved: Renaming MP3 files all correctly titled Solved: Renaming MP3 files with name and year When I want to burn any to an audio CD I put the chosen ones in a folder and then add etc just in front of the titles This makes it easier when adding to Roxio Nero for burning I don t always get the order as I want it in one go so I therefore have to keep changing the sequence What I mean is I then change number to then maybe a different number agin to change the order to get it exactly as I want them to play on the CD before eventually burning Can you please tell me if keep renaming the files in this manner will actually harm the quality of the MP s It s just that lately I have noticed that some files sound a little bit bubbly and when I go and check on a backup disc the ones in question seem to sound better or OK I am sure it isn t my imagination What I used to do is put the MP s in order once copied to Nero but this takes far longer than getting the order right beforehand if you see what I mean I look forward to hearing from anyone Maureen nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've encountered a problem with files seeming to randomly rename themselves...

I have a "fileserver" (just a seperate box with a large sata HD) to store my music on, which I then access accross the network using winamp. The problem is that for some reason the files randomly rename themselves to their MS-DOS equivalent name, eg. Bloodhound Gang.mp3 becomes BLOODH~1.mp3. This obviously causes problems with my playlists as the files now have different names so the tracks get skipped.

Both machines are using XP Pro, and I've tried making all the files read only but this hasn't had much effect.

I'd appreciate any suggestions...

A:Files randomly renaming themselves

I am no expert, but when it renames files it is using the old file system instead of the Xp 32bit or Win NT file types.

you may need to find out your HD file type and change it. JMHO

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-randomly-renaming-themselves.402717/
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright, since I got my computer back from a computer services place to get upgrades installed into my computer, everytime I try to name or rename a file, it says:

If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable.

Are you sure you want to change it?

I know you have to add the file extension at the end (txt, exe, zip, etc.), but my how do I make it so I don't have to add the extension at the end every time?

Thanks,
Goomba.

A:Naming/Renaming files.

double click or goto My Computer (AKA enter windows Explorer.)

goto Tools > Folder Options > View (Tab)

in the list of advanced settings, find "Hide Extensions For Known File Types"

make sure that box is CHECKED.

that should solve it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/naming-renaming-files-200569.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have 10 or so files in a folder:

folder\file_01_01_01.swf
folder\file_01_01_02.swf
folder\file_01_01_03.swf
folder\file_01_01_04.swf

i would like to rename these files:

folder\newfilename_01_01_01.swf
folder\newfilename_01_01_02.swf
folder\newfilename_01_01_03.swf
folder\newfilename_01_01_04.swf
I have the code to change each file seperately,

' Sub Rename()
' Dim FileName As String
' Dim NewFileName As String
' On Error Resume Next

' FileName = "C:\folder\file_01_01_01.swf"
' NewFileName = "C:\folder\newfilename01_01_01.swf"
' Name FileName As NewFileName
' End Sub

but i was hoping for a slick way to do it all...
any help...

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

It seems that while trying to rename a file, particularly an *.html by right clicking my laptop keeps running, then goes to a blue screen and finally have to turn it off/on again. I've tried it 3-4 times with no luck. Please help if anyone else has had this problem

A:Renaming files in Explorer

Try opening an elevated command prompt and running sfc /scannow. If that does not work, you may need to do a Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/66419-renaming-files-explorer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have a load of file in a directory that are called "A Branch.doc", "B branch.doc" and so on, so they all have the word branch at the end.

Is there an easy way to rename them all and remove the word "branch" from the file name.

I tried in command prompt:
Code:

ren "*branch.doc" "*.doc"

but no joy, any other thoughts?

A:Renaming lots of files

There are a bunch of freeware renaming utilities you can use. A couple are ReNamer and Rename Master.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renaming-lots-of-files.740012/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have several hundred pictures that I recieved from a professional photographer for our school. All of the files have odd extensions such as .56, .86, etc. These numbers are actually part of out 10 digit id numbers. Is there a way to rename the files and keep those numbers? Or change the association of the file? I have tried several different ideas and the only one that works is the assoc command.

assoc .56=jpegfile

But then to do another i have to change the extension

assoc .86=jpegfile

The only problem is that every picture has a different 2 digit extension. Is there a way to select all of the pictures without entering the exact extension?

A:Renaming files using batch

rename *.* *.*.jpg
should do this for you but copy a few pics into a folder to test it gives you the result you are after before runing it in the folder that you have all of the pics in

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/renaming-files-using-batch-460359.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Firefox 64 bit (Namoroka 64 bit) keeps renaming my files every time I download them. It adds a (x) suffix to my files, which is very annoying.

Here is how it goes: I download a file, it keeps the original file name. But watch this: I delete the file from the folder it was downloaded to, I download it to the same folder and it renames it to myFile(1). Same for the next times: myFile(2), myFile(3). Remember, the original file is no longer present, yet it renames it like there was some file name conflict, which there isn't. What's more: it does this for all my other files! Keeps adding (x) suffix like there was a conflict.

So why does it keep doing this and how do I fix it? Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

hi,
i have a problem renaming files with long filenames. in fact, it won't even let me delete or copy or cut them.
i think this may be the problem: windows doesn't have a problem with letting me write long filenames. it does have a problem if i try to move these files into another directory (an error message comes up saying that the file name is too long to move). but i think the problem is that it DOES let me rename the folder that the long filename is in, rendering the file inside useless to me. (i don't actually know if this is the problem, i'm too scared to test my theory).

but anyway, i was wondering if there was any way of renaming my file. i've tried downloading a renaming program but that didn't work. is there something i can type into the 'run' thing?
zac.

A:problems renaming files

You can try doing it from a command prompt. If the file names are very long (>255), then you masy have better luck using the "command" console rather than the "cmd" one. Rename the files first with old 8.3 DOS names and then rename them from within Windows.

Start by going to Start > Run, and typing:
cmd <Enter>

Navigate to the folder where the files are and use the "ren" command to rename them.

If that doesn't work, try using "command" instead of "cmd" in the Run box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-renaming-files.346319/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of mp3 files that I recovered off a bad drive but the file names are "File001, file 002" and so on.

The attributes of the file still show the file name, album, etc. Anyway to have all the files automatically renamed according to their titles?

Relevancy 52.89%

I want to update my music files with album info and art but everytime I do this, WMP also renames my files. I have them the way I like and do not want them renamed in any way.

Under Retrieve Information frm the Internet I have checked "only add missing information". Is this all I need to make sure the files don't get changed?

Pat

A:Stop WMP 11 From Renaming My Files

patetc said:

I want to update my music files with album info and art but everytime I do this, WMP also renames my files. I have them the way I like and do not want them renamed in any way.

Under Retrieve Information frm the Internet I have checked "only add missing information". Is this all I need to make sure the files don't get changed?

PatClick to expand...

That is the way I have mine. Nothing should get moved or renamed if all you have checked is that one box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-wmp-11-from-renaming-my-files.699949/
Relevancy 52.89%

If I m not in the correct sub-forum then perhaps someone can point me in the right direction This problem is a wee bit problem Renaming Files difficult to explain but I ll try I have a folder called Aircraft Photos and at the moment there are photos in this folder After downloading the latest photo opening the Renaming Files problem folder and clicking on View then Arrange Icons - By Name I noticed that many of the Images had swapped names Now when I try to Rename the images back to their original name it seems to have a knock-on effect Renaming the file to original name will change the name of another file image elsewhere in the folder So I m just running around in circles I tried restart but to no avail Just before the restart I noticed a message that said something about a problem with an add-on maybe Photobucket Renaming Files problem but I couldn t read it all before the restart begun There was also an error report to send Please help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

My document files seem to be named incorrectly and I cannot seem to rectify it. An example of my problem is: I save a file into Documents and the name comes up as
C:\User\Lis\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\File Name (Currently there are 13 Document folders, a similar number of photos and contact files).
I have tried deleting the empty files and lost them, then I tried to copy and paste the files into to the previous document folder with the same result.
Can you help me. Thanks Lis

A:Locating and renaming files

Your folders are too deep for windows to handle correctly. I saw the same problem that was created by an end user on my windows 2003 file server. How'd you pull off mucking up your folder hiearchy like that? I would like to know because I can't even duplicate what some of you users are doing. It's actually amusing and befuddling at the same time.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/183491-locating-renaming-files.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have enabled everything so that when the song is renamed in the media
library it renames it in the folder as well. The problem is i want a very
subtle difference in the way it renames them and i've tried looking under the
rip music tab and the file name button, but it doesnt allow me to do what i
want to do. This is how it looks:

Artist-Song Name

and i want it to look like this

Artist - Song Name

just that extra space between and after the -
is there anyway to do this?

A:question about renaming files on WMP

I don't think you can do it with WMP but you could use a general file renamer like Rename Master or a tag editor like Mp3/Tag Studio (if they're mp3's).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-renaming-files-on-wmp.594059/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a new PC and I am having trouble renaming files. For example jpeg pics and downloaded video clips. I right click on the file or picture and then a menu appears. I select rename and a little box appears and allows me to type in the new name but when I hit the enter key I get a warning that renaming the file extentiion may make the file unreadable and gives me an option of yes or no for renaming.
If I select yes the icon changes to a square with little coloured bits in it and the square has the top righthand conner folded over. The file will then not open.
On my old computer I changed the file names and picture names with no trouble with the right click method but now I can't.
Please can somone help.
I have xp home installed.
Thanks XBR.

Relevancy 52.89%

Ok im having a problem with my network. I am an accessing a pc on the network, if I rename a file or copy a file the change wont show up unless I refresh the screen. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

A:Moving, renaming files on another pc

Won't show up, or doesn't show up as quickly as you would like?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-renaming-files-on-another-pc.467475/