Windows Support Forum

laptop monitor does wierd things

Q: laptop monitor does wierd things

hey guys, haven't been here for awhile, need to ask a question!

I have a HP laptop with window's vista, Intel centino duo, wireless.

This morning it was doing it's usual installing important updates, and my monitor goes black for a few seconds and the icon's turn big (as in safe mode big) and awhile later my screen blacks out and goes back to normal, but my icons are all messed up ( i'm a neat freak with my icons) please can someone give me advice, this just started this morning and it's bugging me thanks so much, I appreciate it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-monitor-does-wierd-things.684021/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: laptop monitor does wierd things

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

First post--

At first I though it was a keyboard problem...so I replaced it and im still having this problem...
Things it's doing---
the "a" key does a tab
the "s" key turns on and off caps locks
the "d" key brings up a search
sometimes when I press one letter it will output 2. (EX. I press "y" and it outputs "yj"
Searches randomly come up
The startbar randomly comes up and opens up old documents of mine
It randomly logs me out.

Im on a Dell Inspiron 6000 running Windows XP Home Edition

Also I've recently done a virus scan with AVG (paid) and it didnt find any viruses

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Dell Laptop typing and doing wierd random things

We need to know if this is a Windows problem or a hardware problem.

Get a bootable CD; any CD that boots to a command prompt will do--Linux Live CD, Ultimate Boot CD, etc. What we're wanting to do is get an OS running that does not activate the copy of Windows on your hard disk.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

See if your keyboard behaves the same with the other OS on the boot CD. Let us know your result. If it behaves the same, then you have a hardware problem. If it doesn't, then we know it's a Windows problem. Until we determine that, we don't know which to work on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-typing-and-doing-wierd-random-things.782961/
Relevancy 70.95%

I had my laptop hooked up to my tv an dead using it as dual monitors. I was listing to Pandora and surfing steam which I'be Done hundreds of times. Then my computer froze up an did turned it off for a bit. I turned it back on and I got a Windows error recovery. I ran start up repair but when it got to the Windows lock screen the login part was completely gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/382947-wierd-dual-monitor-qlitch-messed-up-laptop-monitor.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I m on. things Wierd going a newbie and a bit of a techno-phobe so be kind to me Our computer was infected with one of those spoof security programmes which kept telling us we were infected with trojans etc etc It was the Privacy Centre one We used our copy of Malwarebytes which we have used regularly along with Spybot and C Cleaner and it seemed to stop the rot Now however we can t Wierd things going on. use either Spybot or Malwarebytes - as soon as they start up they disappear There s a strange folder in the directory next to Spybot called Wierd things going on. Spybot which apparently is read only but won t be opened moved or deleted We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both programmes but to no avail Also our search facilities on the internet seem to have gone mad In google for example having searched for a topic when I click on the title of the suggested site I get completely redirected to something completely irrelevant The only way to get to the actual suggested Wierd things going on. website is to copy and paste the address into the address bar but even that doesn t work sometimes Also occasionally we struggle to get connected at all and are constantly interrupted with the Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close send error report screen Having cruised around this site and read some of the forums and self-help advice I think we might have one of those root problems that others have mentioned The IT techie at work suggested using Combo Fix which is what brought me to you but I have been frightened by all those dire warnings about only using it under supervision and when told to by an expert Do you think Combo Fix might fix our combo Please let me know what to try next I ll give anything a go but will need to be talked through it step by step Thanks Kate

A:Wierd things going on.

Hi KateRead then post HERE.Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254228/wierd-things-going-on/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all!
As title says i am having some weird things happen on my rig!
1) Cpu sitting at 49% usage constantly.
2) Browser wont save Any alterations (software but yea)
3) my SSD seems to be acting up too! goes like the clappers when it wants to but otherwise barely faster than a HDD (so it seems to me) ATTO score still at 523.

Comp is virus and malware free, so im wondering if its a dodgy piece of software.. recently installed: palemoon x64 (removed), Malwarebytes, Steam (start on demand, not start up), and VMware workstation and World of Warcraft (don't judge me! never played before!!) anyway before i Installed that list of stuff it started acting up... I'm out of idea's. so any thoughts? i'm starting to think its a Hardware issue, damn this new tech!

Cheers peeps!
Antz

A:Having some wierd things happen on my rig....

Makes me think of driver issues from a bad install. Does Device Manager indicate any problem devices (yellow triangles) when run with Admin permissions and Hidden devices visible?

I would;
Run chkdsk to scan for corrupted windows files.
Run through the installed program section and uninstall old unused programs.
Try CCleaner and scan for registry errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257723-having-some-wierd-things-happen-my-rig.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay so, I tried to download a game I bought onto my computer. Before I tried to download it my computer was working perfectly fine. After I tried now I'm having the problems. When I go to turn my computer off, the standby option is grayed out and I can't click on it. Also the normal games I've had on my computer and have played with no problems are fuzzy and hard to see. Please help

ps. if it helps i have a emachines t5052 pc

A:Need help.. wierd things with my computer =[

your probably best to do a system restore.
go to start menu/programs/accessories/ system tools/ system restore. choose a date before the download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-wierd-things-with-my-computer-466765.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer is actnig very strange.Programs are just dissapearing and some will not work.Certain programs are giving me this error message when i click them..."The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Limewire 4.9.17.Ink"(just an example) refers to is unavailable. Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available." The message just started popping up and pops up for almost every program i try to run...also my EZ Antivirus software also magically dissapeared off the computer as well as a whole folder of downloaded music...seems like it could be a virus so if someone could help that would be great..

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Your pretty much my last hope Recently my computer has been getting error messages on the internet in the form of pop ups and also random pop up adds There have also been wierd things happening when im using my computer such as my cpu usage at when im basically doing nothing I think thats bad I have done everything in my power to get rid of whatever I have I've used every link you have posted But everytime i scan i find more and more and MORE TROJANS things like key crackers i think they were called and tons of spyware LAST BUT NOT LEAST - The worst thing that has happened was I was playing a video game when I suddenly got kicked from the game with a message saying your already logged in Please Tons / Help! / Errors Wierd Of Ups Things Pop etc etc So I restarted my Please Help! Tons Of Pop Ups / Errors / Wierd Things computer in hopes of fixing the error only to find that once it Please Help! Tons Of Pop Ups / Errors / Wierd Things goes past the windows screen the mouse icon appears then changes to a hourglass and a blackscreen permanently After around attempts to start it in Safe mode just restarting i finally got back online PLEASE HELP ME Here is the Hijack this log you need Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared WMPlugIn SonicStageMonitoring exeC Program Files Sony Sony TV Tuner Library SMceMan exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC Program Files Sony Sony TV Tuner Library RM SV exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC Program Files Wireless Desktop LgWDskTp exeC WINDOWS Logi MwX ExeC Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exeC Program Files DISC DISCover exeC Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA verizon SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files FarStone GameDrive GDTask exeC WINDOWS system mdm exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files ISM ISMModule exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC Documents and Settings Brandon Desktop stinger exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft In... Read more

A:Please Help! Tons Of Pop Ups / Errors / Wierd Things

Also, sorry for double posting here, I cannot open Norton Antivirus at this point. And I think this may be a bit of help, Im almost 100% sure i say some vurdomundo file or something like that in one of my virus scans... which seems to be a pretty freaking bad virus. Hope this helps!

EDIT - One pop up keeps popping up called Internet Speed Moniter, on the top of the bar that is what it is called, but the pop ups are completely random.

EDIT - Last thing that i know happens on a regular basis is microsoft office i believe keeps teling me that i cant open a file or i cant save etc etc and i dont even have it installed... i believe it is microsoft ofice that keeps popping up with error messages and i will write down exactly what happens.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102949/please-help-tons-of-pop-ups-errors-wierd-things/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, My Keyboard is doing some wierd things instead of typing when I hit keys, e.g. when I type letter "g" it's trying to open game bar, when I type "u" it opens Ease of Access Center, when I type "i" it opens pc settings, on "L" it goes to log in screen and etc.  what can I do to use my laptop as usual? I tried to google my problem but I cant find any answer, I tried to turn off everything in Ease of Access, narrator but with no help, I tried to disable WinKeys from registry but it didnt help either. looking forward to hearing from anyone for help : ))

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keyboard-is-doing-some-wierd-things-instead-of-typing-when-I/td-p/5618076
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok so something really wierd has been going on lately with my search engines and only my search engines and i suspect it has something to do with spyware I have scanned with ad-aware spybot search and destroy and many anti-virus programs and found nothing When i go to google or yahoo or any search engine for that matter and do a search it brings up all of the possible search results but the URL's are incorrect and always come up with the same results Example pictureposter allbrand nu pictures firex wtf JPG As you can see none of the green urls are what the Possible Wierd Spyware Things On, Goin are suppose to be and if i click them they take me to wrong url I am assuming this is some kind of spyware and any help would be much appreciated Here is my hijackthis log Wierd Things Goin On, Possible Spyware Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AIM AIM exe C Program Files aim aim exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RivaTunerStartupDaemon quot C Program Files RivaTuner v RivaTuner exe quot S O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run AIM quot C Program Files AIM AIM exe quot -cnetwait odl O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run AIM quot C Program Files AIM AIM exe quot -cnetwait odl User ' ' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files aim aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dll O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com housecal ivex hcImpl cab O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cab O - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service Roxio UPnP Renderer - Sonic Solutions - C Program Files Roxio Digital Home RoxioUPnPRenderer exe O - Service Roxio Upnp Server - Sonic Solutions - C Program Files Roxio Digital Home RoxioUpnpService exe O - Service LiveShare P P Server RoxLiveShare - Sonic Solutions - C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxLiveShare exe O - Service RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solu... Read more

A:Wierd Things Goin On, Possible Spyware

Hi firex,Welcome to Bleeping Computers My name is Tomk_. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, feel free to create a new one.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate your letting us know. Otherwise:Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.Download - ATF CleanerDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.(If you use FireFox or the Opera browserTo keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.ThenPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot (shut down your computer then restart it).Also "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172550/wierd-things-goin-on-possible-spyware/
Relevancy 59.34%

i was just doing normal things and then some things started looking like this: Все игры > Бесплатно
i dont know how or why it happened and i dont know how to change it back. please help!

A:some things changing to wierd language?

here is an example of what im talking about
skin.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387820-some-things-changing-wierd-language.html
Relevancy 59.34%

all of a sudden no new proggies or anything else but all of a sudden the icons on desktop moved to align left and wont move IE browser wont open firefox does tho some times I can get online and other times I cant system wierd happening are of things alot firewall and other system things wont work or open I services to check things and alot of wierd things are happening can not change anything in there tried msconfig too alot of things appear frozen up other icons on desktop wont open and some will It happen sudden---I do remember things being in quarentine sp -no spell check in firefox and that is all gone now too I cant alot of wierd things are happening seem to install either my winxp seems to load fine tho and right now am online with firefox but no idea how long it will last but not happy with being online right now with out firewall and virus spam etc checker not working but only came here to post this It wont let me get to win update either I have a wierd feeling that some system files are missing-does that make sense I tryed to go to dll missing check place dotcom and wouldn't work I am at total loss and ready to just reload winxp if can as I do have graphics pics etc saved to external drive I put winxp-home cd in to see if I could find a repair on it but couldn't I thought I could use it to fix please help if u can or understand me bad type

A:alot of wierd things are happening

I will try to get back here tuesday am.thnks me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/alot-of-wierd-things-are-happening-383768.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Vaio VGN FS B it Vaio things goin Wierd on my with quite old yrs its working fine so i didnt replace it The thing that s troubling me is that whenever i Wierd things goin on with my Vaio turn it on it just freezes randomly at any point of time It can happen even be the first welcome screen after it during the loading of windows from hibernation and whenevr that happens i have to restart it and after an average of restarts i get to see my desktop and to restart it i remove the battery and then again plug it in Another thing is that i have noticed is that when i open my task manager and go to the performance tab sometimes without any application being launched the usage reached to around And when i turn it off Wierd things goin on with my Vaio or hibernate the screen where it says windows hibernating also always freezes and when i hit my laptop sometimes it starts working and successfully hibernates I first thought that there is some problem with the RAM cauz when i Wierd things goin on with my Vaio changed it with another one from my other laptop it turned on fine but later i realised that it was only a coincidence cauz my laptops even turns on with its original RAM though with the same problem I havent reinstalled windows cauz i think it is more of a hardware problem Please help me i really get frustrated with this problem nbsp

A:Wierd things goin on with my Vaio

You have swapped RAM and that is good... The laptop is 4 years old so it may need a thorough cleaning. The CPU cooling fins might be clogged with dust and other debris. Use a can of air and see if you can blow some of the dust out. Then if the "freezing" continues, you can consider doing a OS reinstall. If it is a hard drive problem, the reinstall may not finish

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wierd-things-goin-on-with-my-vaio.126820/
Relevancy 59.34%

First off Firefox won't respond to any methods to run it double click right click-open etc It shows the little hour glass like it's about to but then nothing happens Also whenever my computer is turned on as soon as windows starts up I get a couple error messages that I can just click exit or and browsers things. with other problem Really wierd ok and they go away Theres also one about do you Really wierd problem with browsers and other things. want to keep running scripts on this page like some wierd IExplore error message I used to see Lastly the wierdest thing At random seems to be at night though I'll start hearing what sounds like a Japanese commercial start playing It plays the whole thing then stops then a minute later it repeats In my processes iexplore exe is running even though I don't have it open When I end process the sound immediately stops but it comes back after a minute or two Also it says it's taking up about times the RAM that I know iexplore exe should normally be taking When I restart my computer it sometimes stops for a couple hours but sometimes it doesn't fix it This site is my last hope lol One more thing I tried following the instructions on the first sticky about the logs and stuff but dds doesn't come up with another prompt to do optional scan it just shows the first one and the dos window closes and the notepad window is up That's why there's only attached file DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Wed Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT uStart Page about blank BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO C E -B - BC - - C CA - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c progra mcafee spamki mcapfbho dll BHO C F AB- B- C -BAEC- F C F D - c program files cole k media toolbar v Cole k Media Toolbar dll BHO F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - c program files flashget getflash dll TB BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll TB D DE -AB F- - D - FA BA E - c program files cole k media toolbar v Cole k Media Toolbar dll TB C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB D DE -AB F- - D - FA BA E - c program files cole k media toolbar v Cole k Media Toolbar dll uRun ResChanger c program files reschanger ResChanger exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun VSOCheckTask quot c progra mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask mRun VirusScan Online c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe mRun Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE mRun readericon c program files digital media reader readericon G exe mRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMEName mRun OpwareSE quot c program files scansoft omnipagese OpwareSE exe quot mRun OASClnt c program files mcafee com vso oasclnt exe mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun MyWebSearch Email Plugin c progra mywebs bar bin mwsoemon exe mRun My Web Search Bar rundll c progra mywebs bar bin MWSBAR DLL S mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNC mRun MSKDetectorExe c progra mcafee spamki MSKDetct exe startup mRun MSKAGENTEXE c progra mcafee spamki MSKAgent exe mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun IMEKRMIG c windows ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun McRegWiz c progra mcafee com agent mcregwiz exe autorun mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTask... Read more

A:Really wierd problem with browsers and other things.

You do not appear to have just malware issues. There is a possibilty of OS corruption. Have you tried System Restore yet? If not so, please do that & then post fresh copies of the requested logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/really-wierd-problem-with-browsers-and-other-things-319643.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My computer has been Computer happening Slow-Wierd things running slow very slow to load websites sometimes get quot waiting for Computer Slow-Wierd things happening googleads g doubleclick net quot then takes forever strange things happening Outlook Express started scrolling through emails by itself when opening Firefox sometimes get the message quot Firefox is already running but is not responding to open a new window you must first close existing Firefox process or restart quot when trying to open Firefox or restart your system quot I do have a bootable CD Any help would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Linda at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW Outpost Firewall Pro enabled A CA A- E - A - B- A EB FD Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall outpost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files RocketFish Rocketfish Bluetooth Combo TSR xDaemon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Linda Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier Googl... Read more

A:Computer Slow-Wierd things happening

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Combofix
We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please read all the information carefully! If using Windows XP you should ensure you install the Recovery Console.

You MUST disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications - please read this thread as a guide. They may otherwise interfere with our tools and interrupt the cleansing process.

Please include the log C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-slow-wierd-things-happening-495909.html
Relevancy 58.91%

as i write this it has crashed several tiems when ive been trying to scan it and its difficult to follow the process required of me plus understand and of apologies keeps for crashing wierd things doing computer but way learn it all at same time basically i went opver to the other securty forum and got this thingwhere it scans your computer- it did another spy scan but it kept feezing the computer- i tried baout four times so i have to just rely on the log i am meant to zip or condense to log but not sure how to do it- so i am going to sought of put it o here i thik maybe it wouldnt zip because it could only be saved on a note pad- i dont know- but please bear withme as i am total novice withouta clue apologies for wierd way of doing things but computer keeps crashing and have advertising popm ups and freezing happening on my computer and need to know how toremove them DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jake bradley at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system FsUsbExService Exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil d exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users jake bradley AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE UM S L G dds pif C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk mStart Page hxxp www nixat com BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apologies-for-wierd-way-of-doing-things-but-computer-keeps-crashing.903206/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all

I am having some problems with my the picture on my CRT. When I boot up sometimes I get a squiggly windows image and then after boot up the image will bow in ---> <----- in the from the sides and back out and the borders will get fuzzy then clear up again. I never have seen this occur before with my crt or vid card, they have either worked or failed entirely.

A:Solved: CRT doing wierd things....is it the display or vid card?

Probably the monitor. Do you know someone that you could attach your monitor to their computer to test?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-crt-doing-wierd-things-is-it-the-display-or-vid-card.388329/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I hope someone can help me with a small but annoying problem. When my pc is in screensaver mode and i wake it up with the mouse it will shut off my browseror any other running applications. If i have no browser or app's open it will give me the shut down screen, i have to click cancel and all is well. This only happens with the mouse not the key board. Im runnimg Win2000Pro(all spk's) and using a Microsoft intellimouse Explorer 2.0

Thanks
Danny

A:Wierd things happen when coming out of screensaver with mouse

You might want to run that mouse without the Intellisoft drivers.
W2K's own built-in drivers are more than good enough, unless you need some specific feature for your M$-mouse.
I run the Logitech MX700 on W2K/SP4 like that, and it's perfect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wierd-things-happen-when-coming-out-of-screensaver-with-mouse.24568/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all In the last couple of weeks I have been having some wierd problems with Windows XP Internet Explorer on my Toshiba A laptop I use the internet heavily for uni as I do a largely online course so I have the computer running and net browsing most of the time Occasionally the following things happen I'm always using Internet Explorer at the time - Background wallpaper image disappears and is replaced by blue and yellow split screen with wierd dotty stripes things background and etc...wierd icons Disappearing happening! down it - Some icons wireless adaptor modem app Disappearing icons and background etc...wierd things happening! power management LAN indicator in the notification area are replaced by grey blue square with dots stripes - The arrows to expand a topic in right-click menus are also replaced by a little yellow grey stripy square - Sometimes the up down arrows on scroll bars are also replaced by this Disappearing icons and background etc...wierd things happening! square - The scroll up down area on the side of my touchpad stops working - There is a white patch across the section of IE where the tabs for new windows are - Sometimes most of the icons from my start menu disappear not always As you can see it's very bizarre Everything seems to still work okay but I'm just a bit concerned that there may be something nasty going on I have Trend Micro version installed and up to date and have run several scans which only find and delete cookie-type spyware No viruses detected I downloaded AVG but mid-installation it said to stop as I have Trend Micro already installed If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it as I really can't afford to have my computer crash or get badly infected Minnie

A:Disappearing icons and background etc...wierd things happening!

Okay, looks like I jinxed myself...

About 15 mins after I posted this question, pretty much everything stopped working on the computer. Can't open programs or task manager. Just get error messages with a red 'x' on them and really wierd messages. Not the usual WinXP error messages. Tried restarting a couple of times but still the same. Can't open anything in Control Panel either. When I shut down the computer it put up an 'old style' windows shut down box, not the normal XP one.
I'm really freaked out by all of this and worried about all the papers I have due!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed....please!!!

~ Minnie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disappearing-icons-and-background-etc-wierd-things-happening-242343.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello guys =)

so this is rather embarrassing, but I went to load age of mythologies titan earlier as soon as my computer booted. no issues. but when I exited the game, the entire image on my monitor shifted to the left. I used the buttons on my monitor to shift it right, but at the maximum setting it only fixed 1/3 of the problem lol. I have no idea what happened or how to fix it, and ive googled it. any suggestions like unplugging the monitor, if that would work or something?

thanks in advance, phoen

A:Monitor being wierd

Yes unplug and disconnect the monitor from the computer. Try another monitor, and if it displays correctly, reconnect the original monitor and see if it displays correctly once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-being-wierd.180533/
Relevancy 52.03%

Been given a KDS 17" monitor with unusal problem. It comes on a perfect picture which shows for a few seconds then goes black. Anyone have any ideas?? ty

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I have a 19" Likom Plug and Play monitor. It is now 2 1/2 years old and for the past 1/2 year, ive had a problem with it, I havnt really cared until now. The problem is that instead of the monitor being full Screen, eg. [ ], it is more like this, [ ) ( ]. I have tried to change the setiings through the monitor, but it has no effect. I also know that its the monitor, becuase out of frustration Iv'e smacked it a few times and it has returned to normal, for a while. Please any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello- I could sure use some help with this:
Recently I installed a new P5B Deluxe motherboard in my system- after about 3 weeks- the monitor started to dim out, and the colors are blurred. White appears to be a blue gray color.
Initially I restored the computer from an Acronis backup- nothing changed.

So- I had a replacement monitor sent- same problem. Tested both monitors on another computer- they are both fine: colors and resolution clear and crisp.

Next I replaced the ATI Radeon x700 pro with an Nvidia geforce 7900 gs- still the same problem.
Now I'm stumped- what could be causing the monitor and screen resolution to look so bad?

I sure would appreciate any help/feedback!
Thanks,
Ariel

Relevancy 52.03%

Got a monitor here that has gone haywire after installing a geForce and then replacing that with a Voodoo3 2000. When starting up at the BIOS screen the viewable screen will be only about 1/2 of what the actual monitor can have, while the rest of the screen is black. The buttons on the monitor won't move the monitor at all. When in Windows it will eventually span back out to normal or stay where it is. Took the video card out and back in but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

------------------
NormanSmiley
My Programming Page
Get Paid to Surf the Net

Relevancy 51.6%

So if I move a window from my 144 hz monitor to one of my 60 hz monitors it gets laggy. I have also noticed that if I fullscreen a window on my 144 hz monitor that I will get some strange tearing in specific places when I scroll up and down. If I revert the 144 hz monitor down to 60 hz it goes away. It also goes away by switching to windows basic instead of aero? Does anyone else have experience with this? I am pretty sure it is a windows problem.

I looked it up and other people had a similar problem as well. Sadly not many people use monitors beyond 60 hz so I doubt that this will be patched anytime soon.

A:Wierd Lag With Multiple Monitor Setup

Could be Graphics card maybe, check and update drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/322396-wierd-lag-multiple-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This is rather strange, my computer isn't exactly running perfectly right now but its working ok. One day when i started my computer up i noticed a kinda scrambled bit on the right hand side of my monitor it just about 10 pixcels in from the side and it goes all the way from the bottom of the screen to the top. I don't know whats going on but sometimes the part thats scrambled can be up to 15 or so pixels wide but just now its only about 3 or 4 and it seems to change. I don't know if this should be posted here but it seemed the most likely place for such a problem. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks
AntZ

A:Monitor has wierd scrambled thingy?

If i understand this one corectly, the screen seems to " shift " to the left or right?
If that is the case, it's a screen refresh rate problem. Get to the settings and then choose a different refresh rate.
On the other hand if i didn't "get it", then i'll suggest to do the following to determine which is the problem.
1. Go ahead and get into the BIOS of the computer. Does it look normal ? No problems there? . If no problems there. go ahead and exit the BIOS and restart . Get into the Windows Safe Mode and check it again. Even though it will not look like regular window , as long as it look ok, then it's not the monitor or the video card, but most likely a driver problem. Go ahead and grab (d/l) the lastest video driver, install it and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't , boot into windows and play with the settings of the video card ( as in different resolution and refresh rate). If that solves your problem, it's not a monitor problem but most likely a video driver problem. Again latest video driver should fix that , or at least reinstall the lastest driver that you can find.
2. If any of the suggestions above do not fix your problem it's time go get "nasty". If you happen to have a video card laying around, plug it in and start windows. If that fixes the problem ,then it's a video card problem , need to replace that.
3. If you don't have a different video card laying around, at least see if you have a friend that would be willing to try your monitor. If monitor is ok on your friend/coworker/family member then it start to look like the video card.
If the monitor display the same problem on a different computer then it's a monitor problem. If you have some sort of controls on the monitor try and " reset" the monitor. Also some monitors have a "reset " button. Might want to use that instead
Also keep in mind that you might need to update the chipset drivers ( specially the AGP ) .i.e latest nforce drivers, VIA.etc.
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-has-wierd-scrambled-thingy.204813/
Relevancy 51.6%

lo all I give you my specs first then tell you the problem and hopefully you can help me Asus P K Premium Intel Core Quad Q BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTS OC MB PCIe x GB Corsair Dominator x GB WD raptor in raid stripe Enermax Watt PSU Vista Home Premium I was playing crysis demo when the game crashed and my PC froze so I rebooted only to have these unusual blocks appear on blocks and Lines Monitor Wierd on the POST screen and then on the windows loading screen When the windows loading screen finished my screen went black and nothing happened so i rebooted into safe mode reinstalled graphics drivers and rebooted didnt work so I back into safe mode uninstalled drivers and rebooted this time windows loads normally and I get default crappy vista drivers for my GC however there are annoying lines running down the screen so I check monitor on another PC Works fine now the most annoying thing is that I cannot screenshot these lines they dont capture I dont have a camera either I cannot think of a good way of describing them while in windows Wierd Lines and blocks on Monitor there just still lines going vertically though my montiot but pre-windows on one screen after POST I get blocks of colour with lt and symbols in them so i checked all connections inside and outside PC refitted the GC still with the annoying lines I even left my pc off for minutes no joy any ideas thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wierd-lines-and-blocks-on-monitor.645138/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a 17" monitor dont know the type, brand is KDSusa i think. the thing was given to me, i have no manual or box or anything for it.

well afaik it does work, but my computer is broke atm so i cant test it. the wierd thing is it glows.. i have it turned off, and completly unpluged and it glows bright enough to light my room at night. anyways it is just kinda wierd that its so bright even with no power to it. it also has a blue-tinted hourglass shape that is covering most of the screen.(verticaly) kinda hard to see at 1st glance, and invisible in the daylight.

A:Realy wierd monitor problem

Older monitors will do that because of the phosphorous coating inside the tube.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realy-wierd-monitor-problem.28428/
Relevancy 50.74%

Of course my computer is running slow-as is Computer "wierd" doing help! things-please everyones it seems But it is now doing a wierd thing When I click on anything to open a window or right click either for ex click on edit and it opens the small window of options-the window is invisible If Computer doing "wierd" things-please help! I move my mouse over the window then the options will appear but only faintly I have XP using IE and have run Ewido Spy-bot ect but the speed doesn t seem to be affected much It s slow to start and slow to open new windows too I have also modified the start-up options but it s still not running very well I m attaching a hjt log-maybe it will reveal something Any help would be appreciated Thank you Glenda Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SECURI NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar eBay Toolbar - AD -F A- D-BD -B CC DF CE - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run AcctMgr C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exe startup O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run Ho... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Compaq S910 19" monitor, and a ATI radeon 7500 video card.

Out of the blue, the image on the monitor will bounce around for a few seconds, then stop, wich is followed by distortion of the image for about 2 seconds kind of looking like the image is being electrocuted cartoon style. Then it will stop for about 10 or 20 seconds, and then do it again.

Otherwise the image on the monitor is perfect, nice and sharp, colours are fine, still does all resoultions (it's at 1024x768 @85Hz right now). It seems to me like it's a problem with the video card. Can anyone confirm this?

Relevancy 48.59%

The monitor picture is fuzzy,color bleeds and the entire picture screen has a pink tint.
It is a new 19 screen. The standard stuff already has been messed with to fix it but it remains fuzzy.
Appreciate the help.

A:Monitor is doing strange things

What is the standard stuff...refresh rates
etc. If the moniter is new try it on another machine and see how it works. If it has same prob. I would take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-is-doing-strange-things.35242/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my old 19" Dell monitor with a new flat panel one. Can someone breakdown or point to a place the explains all the specs for these new monitors. Thank you......

A:Things to look for in a gaming monitor?

1. Contrast Ratio, EX= 800:1 or 1000:1, 1000:1 is better. and 2nd, response time. Just like latency, 5ms is faster than 6ms, ect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/things-to-look-for-in-a-gaming-monitor.584861/
Relevancy 48.59%

On my Pc i want to listen musics but audio hardware doesn't respond, what am i supposs to do?

A:Monitor doing funky things

Hi and welcome. I have received your pm as well. First off, it's best to create your own thread for your problem rather than tagging onto an existing one with a monitor problem. For certain, you will be overlooked.

Regarding sound, do you have any sound at all? The Windows startup sound? Anything?

What operating system are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-doing-funky-things.258742/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have plugged an S-Video cable from my laptop to the TV, told XP to extend my desktop to it.
How can I make the TV to show the same as on my laptop?? I am able to move only picture viewing programs (some of them) to the edge of my screen and then move the mouse. Then move the Viewer into position on the TV but I cannot control for example the "next" picture etc. on the TV and if I try to run it as a slideshow, this only happens on the laptop but the TV is stuck on the same picture.
Is there a setting somewhere to change this or a program to run anything on both screens?
What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have noticed some weird list of files running on the Disk section in the resource monitor from times to times The Read B min is insanely high for sometimes Resource Things about Monitor Weird and when I run though the file list that took most B min I found that they are reading the files but I did not execute them For example a particular mp file which I isn't playing is taking the resources A game file that I have long didn't run it Or some dll files which isnt related at all such as VLC dll files game dll files or other types of program which I am not running at the moment But they all appear on the Disk Read B min section and it used up a lot of resources and cause lagging to my pc I only open a single game and then I found the pc becomes more lagging and lagging until a Weird Things about Resource Monitor time the program crashes That's when I have a look at the resource monitor and found such weird things appear Why would these kind of files are been read or Weird Things about Resource Monitor running while I didnt even executed them at all

A:Weird Things about Resource Monitor

Could be a virus or other malware. Download Malwarebytes Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download and run a full scan. See if that helps. Do this even if you already have a different antivirus installed. If you do, (you should) then run a full scan with that as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292176-weird-things-about-resource-monitor.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an HP laptop and I have been running it with dual monitors I finally decided to upgrade to Windows and after I installed it I noticed that the built in monitor of my laptop looked strange and when I opened the display settings to change the screen resolution and set the external monitor as a separate monitor rather than a mirror I noticed that only one monitor was detected and it was the external one Generic non-pnp monitor on standard my it Reading were - In monitor. external Built as if Laptop Issues Monitor Monitor VGA graphics adapter and the built in monitor does NOT show up at all I ve tried the detection button in hopes that the computer would read the built in monitor and I could fix the problem This did not help I tried unplugging replugging the external monitor to no avail I tried restarting without the external monitor plugged in and it STILL reads the built in monitor as if it is the external one Is there anyway to fix this I have not tried re-installing the OS not yet anyways Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor Issues - Laptop Reading Built In Monitor as if it were my external monitor.

Only thing I can think of is to disconnnect the external monitor, uninstall any monitors listed and then reboot and hope the computer installs the correct drivers for the laptop monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-issues-laptop-reading-built-in-monitor-as-if-it-were-my-external-monitor.899772/
Relevancy 47.73%

i really really need help my toshiba laptop (windows xp) continues to show pop ups that my wireless is not working it says

Intel PPOset/wireless

Intel (R) PROset/wireless software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. please install a supported adapter

i did a few look ups and i got these:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\personal business>

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : admin
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-B0-87-74-FB

PLEASE HELP ME

Relevancy 47.73%

i killed a lot of viruses in my laptop; since then i cannot access anything on the desktop. it either asks me what program i want it to open with, or, for example, any microsoft office stuff will not open from the icon. i even tried resoring my computer through the start menu. that doesn't work either. i know all my files are still there; i can access them if i search for them. they will even open in the right program. how do i get my computer to the point to where i can open my files from the homepage? also, i have another laptop (which belongs to my hubby.) we both have windows xp and microsoft office 2003. maybe there's something i can copy from his computer and use it to resore mine? please, any info or input will help.

A:laptop is doing wierd stuff

Hello mdrobinson, Welcome to TSF!

Seeing that you have "killed a lot of viruses", there is a possibility that there are still remnances left on your machine.
With that said, I recommend that you read this article? "Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good Luck with it.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-is-doing-wierd-stuff-251177.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been using my laptop for New wierd acting laptop few months now but I don't know if Windows is not installed properly or has virus Yesterday my computer suddenly turned off because of an error Can someone help me please thank you Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SK administrator on DESKTOP-HP EIS - - Running from C Users SK DesktopLoaded Profiles SK Available Profiles SK Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If New laptop acting wierd an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files New laptop acting wierd Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files New laptop acting wierd Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth utilities ibtsiva exe Intel Corporation C Windows SysWOW esif uf exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfemms exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZeroConfigService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe McAfee Inc C Program Files mcafee msc McAPExe exe Intel Corporation C Windows Temp DPTF esif assist exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe C Windows System igfxTray exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe Waves Audio Ltd C Program Files Waves MaxxAudio WavesSvc exe GRETECH C Program Files x GRETECH GomBridge GomBridgeTray exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Windows System spool drivers x E YATIHWA EXE McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee CSP McCSPServiceHost exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Dell Inc C Program Files x Dell Customer Connect DCCService exe C Program Files Dell Dell Help amp Support MDLCSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GamePanel exe Dell C Program Files Dell Product Registration PRSvc exe Dell Products LP C Program Files x Dell Digital Delivery DeliveryService exe Dell Inc C Program Files x Dell Update DellUpService exe Dell Inc C Program Files x Dell Update DellUpTray exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wbem WmiPrvSE exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Security Assist isa exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chr... Read more

A:New laptop acting wierd

Greetings maske3344 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Not really finding any malware. Probably a system issue but we will take a look at it.Please do this.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterClick Format and check Word WrapPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txtSearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1289076388-2392501291-2251773245-1001 -> DefaultScope {7665222E-7B93-4733-A49E-45F30420AB65} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1289076388-2392501291-2251773245-1001 -> {7665222E-7B93-4733-A49E-45F30420AB65} URL =
C:\Program Files (x86)\GRETECH
CHR Plugin: (Shockwave Flash) - C:\Users\SK\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\20.0.0.267\pepflashplayer.dll => No File
CHR HKLM\...\Chrome\Extension: [fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho] - C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McChPlg.crx <not found>
cmd: copy C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021216-27718-01.dmp C:\Users\SK\Desktop
cmd: copy C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020616-33734-01.dmp C:\Users\SK\Desktop
Launch FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait, the progr... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605331/new-laptop-acting-wierd/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone My setup is Intel D Intel GNT ATI Radeon Pci-E GB ram HD I is things, very puzzling Powers signal, no this up, many monitor tried was reinstalling windows xp pro on my computer yesterday I formatted drive C the files copied and then the system began to reboot Upon reboot the system seemed to boot up ok but there was no monitor signal the monitor is good Upon various diagnostics removing other portions of hardware reseting cmos trying new ram removing motherboard battery etc i decided to get another motherboard I went to the local Powers up, no monitor signal, tried many things, this is very puzzling comp store and got a new Powers up, no monitor signal, tried many things, this is very puzzling Intel GNT The board was successfully installed earlier today and upon restarting the system the monitor returned to action and i attempted to reload windows from the cd The cd loaded and the computer restarted yet again the monitor will not come on under any condition after this restart I ve tried unplugging all devices and simply having the motherboard cpu onboard video ram and powersupply all to no avail Any ideas in the least This problem occurs regardless of whether i m using the onboard monitor output or inserting my pci-express card and using it Also there are no beeps to indicate any type of issues upon startup Any help will be greatly appreciated I would gladly paypal bucks to anyone with a successful solution to my problem Thank you so much -Kevin nbsp

A:Powers up, no monitor signal, tried many things, this is very puzzling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powers-up-no-monitor-signal-tried-many-things-this-is-very-puzzling.555534/
Relevancy 47.73%

http://s2.supload.com/free/monitor.jpg/view/
I hit the button in the picture I posted on my Compaq FS7600 and now the colors are sort of faded and washed out looking. Everything just looks lighter as if I'd increased the brightness or something. I've tried adjusting the contrast and brightness and I've also tried going into the display settings but nothing is working. What does that button even do? More importantly how do I fix it and/or reset the monitor to default settings (if that's even possible)?

Thanks in advance

A:Fiddled with monitor buttons and messed things up

That button is the factory default setting.... See this page

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00508597

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fiddled-with-monitor-buttons-and-messed-things-up.492813/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone, I've recently come across this problem with my battery, and it's really confusing me.
So pretty much, I'm on my laptop now and it's plugged in with the AC, and AC is plugged into a jack. The battery icon says it's plugged in, but not charging. ?? What the heck does that mean? Is there any way to fix this problem?

I run a Fuijitsu lifebook n series, so if anyone else has come across this problem please tell me about it

Thanks a lot for taking a look at the thread

Relevancy 47.3%

A few days ago i something happend to my laptop,the letters U,I,O,P,J,K,L,;,M... were replaced by numbers like 5,6,4,3,6,7,0.The rest of my keyboard is OK,i tryied looking into my settings,but nothing was changed i have it set on US layout.

On my keyboard i have printed numbers over some keys (i took a picture of it)
Please help

A:Wierd laptop keyboard layout

Try pressing the num lk button in the upper right of the screen shot along with the same key that allows you to select the other keys that are shown in a box .

It appears that those numbers on the letters U,I,O,P,J,K,L,;,M represent a numbers key pad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358061-wierd-laptop-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Guys ...I have a HP Pavillion DV5000 .. Intel Centrino Duo , Core Duo.....with xp home edition ...
the computer freezes during workin on it ....i donno why !!
....but usualy when am online ....i use wireless connection all the time ...once think it freezes while usin UMTS connection usin a nokia 6630 cellulare.....

i have norton internet secuirty (comes with the computer )

more spcifications :
intel wireless , 1 gb ram...
plz help me to find the coz of the problem coz it freezes every day !!! it's driving me crazy !!

thx

plz help

A:Laptop Freezes ....wierd....PleEeaAassssee HELP !!!

get rid of all norton software use avira of avg free use mozilla firefox browser not ie and are u using the wireless adapter software or window wireless software or what

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-wierd-pleeeaaassssee-help.71921/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All I have an Acer laptop - Aspire G Windows Home Premium bit GB RAM GB HDD I had not used it for the past - days Yesterday when I booted the laptop there was a strange and loud beeping sound Laptop behaves wierd Acer from it I didn t know what was wrong so I immediately pressed the power button and shut it down I again booted it and this time it asked me for Repairing Windows as it had not shut correctly I chose to repair it and rebooted it but the same problem still persisted I chose to boot it normally this time I ran chkdsk on both C and D drives They ran fine But I realized that my laptop scroll pad was not working Also the right Acer Laptop behaves wierd arrow key stopped working After a while it however started working again Even as I type this message Acer Laptop behaves wierd I could see the cursor running to the right as if my right arrow key is depressed I checked the key and Acer Laptop behaves wierd it seems to be alright It isnt depressed nor is any dust underneath it Anyhow I cleaned it now I suspect there is some malicious software installed as I could see some unknown processes running in the Task Manager Hence to confirm I am posting the HJT log Can anyone please help me with this Many Thanks Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox Beta plugin-container exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r h l z t d R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r h l z t d R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r h l z t d R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r h l z t d R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM ... Read more

A:Acer Laptop behaves wierd

Hi,

I understand that this site is being run by volunteers and you guys provide the best possible support. Would appreciate it if anyone can take a look at this one. In case any more information is required, please let me know,

Many Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-behaves-wierd.1010693/
Relevancy 47.3%

I notice that the top part around the hinge seems to have a bit of space (looseness) you want to call it between the two pieces. I gently press on it and notice it will make a creaky/ing sound from the plastic. I dont know if its me or if its common on laptops - but im pretty sure laptops should feel rock solid esp when closed - am I right? I dont know if I should change it. Especially right around the screen if I gently press on it, I can hear the plastic creak quite noticeably and feel space gaps between the plastics. I dont know, this is my 1st laptop, so I dont know how solid laptops are suppose to feel in hand.

from a very worried member
thanks.

A:My laptop feels bit wierd when closed

Are you saying the plastic casing "flexes"? How long have you had this laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-feels-bit-wierd-when-closed.271980/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so my XP OS crashed and my friend gave me a Windows 7 CD, I love it so far, except one problem, the audio both lags and echos at the same time, it make listing to anything impossible, here is my computer info:
I have a Presario 2500
it uses a Conexant AC-Link Audio, I have installed the drivers I used in XP, I have tried using headphones, but the problem is still there, if you need any more information please ask, I really want windows 7 to work for me
Thank you

A:Audio is playing wierd on Laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by FlawlessEnder

Ok, so my XP OS crashed and my friend gave me a Windows 7 CD, I love it so far, except one problem, the audio both lags and echos at the same time, it make listing to anything impossible, here is my computer info:
I have a Presario 2500
it uses a Conexant AC-Link Audio, I have installed the drivers I used in XP, I have tried using headphones, but the problem is still there, if you need any more information please ask, I really want windows 7 to work for me
Thank you

First I would uninstall the audio drivers you used for XP and let Windows try to install the default drivers for the OS...if it can't than you need to go to your manufacture's website and get the drivers for vista x86/7 x86 from there...

Is this your computer?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...eriesId=242213

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/16987-audio-playing-wierd-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok heres the problem, my laptop wont run any other online program but IE, not firefox, not my mmo's, and it wont even downlod updates for my spyware/ anti virus programs (spybot search and destroy, and avast home). Now when i try to run any of these programs it says that my laptop is either no connected to the internet or a firewall is blocking the connection. I have mad sure to turn off all firewalls including windows firewall, and even uninstalled the anti virus/spyware tools to make sure their settings weren't blocking the connection. Now i find it so wierd that that my only thing connecting to the internet is IE. My PCs stats are as follows :

AMD sempron 1.4ghz
2 gbs ddr ram
60gb HD (20 free)
and built-in ATI graphics
my network wifi card it a broadcom internal 802.11g

Please help me if you can , any help is highly appreciated, and thank you inadvance.

A:Help me please network on laptop acting wierd

Just to confirm, you get full internet working through IE?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-please-network-on-laptop-acting-wierd.800453/
Relevancy 47.3%

So im running my laptop off of my ac adapter because the battery is shot and wont hold a charge. My battery worked before but now for some reason it wont charge but it will run off of the a/c adapter. So i fooled around with the cord wiggling it and taking it in and out like 50 times. i go to bed and the next day i put my laptop on my desk but accidentally the ac adapter got unplugged. i didn't notice it and then i press the power button and Bam! it turns on. i log in and then find out im running off of a battery! its 24% charged and im flipping out. the 4 orange light 1 green light error pattern is still going on when im charging but now it works all of a sudden!? how is this possible?

A:Wierd Laptop Battery Behavior

I don't expect it will last. But I'll cross my fingers for you .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wierd-laptop-battery-behavior.650576/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi my cousin has an IBM Thinkpad with Windows on it and i don t know much else because i cannot get into windows because the keyboard seems to be having some sort of problem She gave it to me to wierd laptop's A help! with keyboard-Please a problem see if i could fix it but im stuck as well When i turn it on the initial screen appears where u can hit F for the BIOS setup i can t cause the keyboard is messed up but after that i get a black screen and after a while there s like a beep and i get A wierd problem with a laptop's keyboard-Please help! ERROR Keyboard error then below it there s lt press ESC to resume gt or F to setup But i press ESc or F and nothing happens as if the keyboard wasn t working at all I have tried seeing if there s a broken or stuck key but they all appear ok so i don t know what to do Should i unscrew the whole thing to see what s wrong Please help If anyone has any suggestion they would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:A wierd problem with a laptop's keyboard-Please help!

Sounds like service is needed.

That indicates either a faulty key or that the electronics has failed. Either way, there is not much you can do after having checked for a stuck key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-wierd-problem-with-a-laptops-keyboard-please-help.259598/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am using a quot screen for my primary screen and the laptop lid open for a secondary screen The main screens resolution Monitor and Laptop External Issues Dual Using Monitor Monitor is x I can set it to anything I want and Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor it s always using the full screen The laptop screen on the other hand will only use the full screen if it s at x resolution max for that screen IBM Thinkpad T With the large quot screen Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor I have no trouble reading the screen at high resolutions the screen is huge with the little quot screen though I have to strain to read the screen at x The problem is when I set the laptop screen to anything lower than x it uses less of the screen Preferrably I want it at x Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor or x I dont know which I want yet as I can t see the freaking screen at that resolution At x for instance the useable screen is just a box in the middle so the quot x quot is still barely readable for me cause it s shrunk from full screen plus it s just annoying only using a portion of the screen I have played with the ATI Control Center the Thinkpad display settings and windows display settings and just cannot get this thing to go full screen at lower resolutions when docked and using the external monitor Anyway to resolve this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-issues-using-laptop-monitor-and-external-monitor.694900/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi i dropped my dads laptop yesterday, not a bad drop, just from a bench one feet above the flooe. since then, its been makin odd noises that go klick thwunk klick add random times. its booting up and everythings normal, but is the harddrive dying?

Relevancy 46.44%

My wife found some stuff on our desk top so its a good time to clean my laptop The laptop is running slow and acts wierd at times Im also having problems with my wireless adapter Maybe this will solve that problem also The linksys wpc g v will not link to the router which is also a linksys Logfile Laptop Wierd And Acting Slow. Running of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Laptop Acting Wierd And Running Slow. Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter NICServ exeC Laptop Acting Wierd And Running Slow. WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS LTSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system hkeyman exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter Gcc exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter OdHost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run LTSMMSG LTSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run Hotkey C WINDOWS system hkeyman exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton Internet Security osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run Symantec PI... Read more

A:Laptop Acting Wierd And Running Slow.

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134155/laptop-acting-wierd-and-running-slow/
Relevancy 46.01%

this past days i notice that my laptop hard disk noise wierd and it start slower, and sometimes it lose the connection in internet even it connected to the network   ....  i scan it using Sfc/scannow on cmd  and this is the log result  ... Please help me 

A:my hard disk have a wierd nose and my laptop seems become slower

this past days i notice that my laptop hard disk noise wierd and it start slower, and sometimes it lose the connection in internet even it connected to the network   ....  i scan it using Sfc/scannow on cmd  and this is the log result  ... Please help me 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565368/my-hard-disk-have-a-wierd-nose-and-my-laptop-seems-become-slower/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an Acer Aspire E5-572G, and it's about 4 months old now.

If I let it sit idle and then come back to it after awhile, the mouse is sluggish and the system is slow.
During the first months it did not get slow from sitting idle, but a "low on memory" warning often appearedWhen opening task manager, the performance tab shows that RAM is filled up and there are wierd CPU spikes

I have attached a screenshot of the task manager performance tab. Hope someone can give me some input : )

A:Laptop clogs up when idle, full RAM and wierd CPU spikes

You could possibly have an infected laptop. Follow this guide to make sure the system is clean. READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) - MajorGeeks Support Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63025-laptop-clogs-up-when-idle-full-ram-wierd-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys I have a Dell D Lattitude laptop D600 Prob laptop w/Dell Power Wierd that I have installed the RC on Installation went flawlessly no major issues with the exception of a few driver hunts Anyway I went to logon out of hibernation and nothing happened No BIOS No HDD Activity just the green led power light Thought I had a major hardware motherboard malfunction Decided to put the laptop aside for a day out of curisity I booted it up to day and everything worked I decided to do a shutdown and Wierd Power Prob w/Dell D600 laptop a reboot and BAM no Bios again no HDD activity but the green led light was on I decided to take the battery out and use AC only and BAM laptop booted up normally The battery is brand new bought a replacement from DELL a month ago Put the battery back in and laptop doesnt boot Wierd Definite power issue here lol Wierd Power Prob w/Dell D600 laptop I was wondering if it is actually the battery itself nd replacement in a yr or do i have a motherboard issue The Bios shows battery but sometimes battery will charge while plugged in sometimes not Any ideas the only other upgrade i did was add another GB RAM did a memtest and all showed ok thanks for the help -

A:Wierd Power Prob w/Dell D600 laptop

Hi all...

Update: a very strange thing happened today. I have been using the laptop for 2 days now without the battery installed. On a whim, I decided to install the battery after the laptop was fully booted. Now it is charging normally, rebooted with the battery still in and laptop started without any probs.

this is a new battery, maybe defective?? Any theories?? thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11581-wierd-power-prob-w-dell-d600-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Toshiba Satellite and for some reason the lcd backlight wont Laptop power wont problem. intermittent backlight LCD Wierd on. power on When I start it up I get the quot Toshiba quot splash screen and then the backlight shuts off I can just barely see the windows desktop Heres the strange part I plugged in an external monitor and then restarted causing the lcd to light up perfectly The screen will then stay on until the next time the monitor is shut off then it s back to not working I Laptop LCD backlight wont power on. Wierd intermittent problem. already had the inverter replaced and that did not help and then the repair shop wanted bucks for a new screen how those idiots figure that is an economical quote Laptop LCD backlight wont power on. Wierd intermittent problem. for a yr old computer Laptop LCD backlight wont power on. Wierd intermittent problem. I do not know Anyway it seems that the screen works perfectly fine until I shut the it off So I am kind of baffled as to why it wont power on unless I plug in an external monitor Any suggestions would be very much appreciated Thanks Just a side note if I have to replace the screen am I able to use any compatible quot TFT Because I heard that the compaq presario uses the same screen and there are quite a few on ebay for next to nothing nbsp

A:Laptop LCD backlight wont power on. Wierd intermittent problem.

update: notebook will no longer power on AT ALL. Green lights flicker for a second and the go out, even with the AC cable plugged in. I guess its not the screen after all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-lcd-backlight-wont-power-on-wierd-intermittent-problem.435880/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi well i am getting some ram and more internal memory so i am wondering wether
these two would work on a u300 toshiba satellite laptop:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000Q76LBY/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2BTWY01498E2U]Corsair 2GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2 5300 SODIMM Laptop Memory: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame] X2
[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Momentus-7200-4-7200rpm-Internal/dp/B002H9XAY0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1250170435&sr=8-7]Seagate Momentus 7200.4 Laptop 2.5 inch Hard Disk Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]
so would these work?

A:Things i am going to get for my Laptop

Apparently you don't trust me... or maybe you just want more opinions, either way;for the third time, they will work.

Remember to buy 2 [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-VS2GSDS667D2-667MHz-SODIMM-Laptop/dp/B000Q76LBY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1250172671&sr=8-7"]Corsair 2GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2 5300 SODIMM Laptop Memory: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20668-things-i-am-going-get-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This is the laptop,
Lenovo ThinkPad E555 Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

Could it do these things?
Play 1080p videos on YouTube
Browse the web without much stuttering
Watch twitch streams
Watch Netflix (HD)
Word processing
Power point making
Spreadsheet making
Skype video chats
Spotify

A:Can this laptop do these things?

Yes, except the 1080p part, because it won't actually be in 1920x1080 resolution since the laptop's max res is 1366 x 768 according to the specs.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/can-laptop-do-these-things-275086/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Lenovo Z51, with windows 10(installed when I purchased it at London Drugs). its been doing really strange things over the last couple months. Programs opening and closing randomly, mouse cursor jumping all over the screen, and screen size expanding and shrinking randomly, just to name a few. I have run anti virus(Kaspersky and AVG) and maleware programs and it says everything is normal. Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/laptop-doing-weird-things/td-p/3474735
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello! I have a little gateway laptop, with windows 7. I have a huge annoying problem. Mostly Everything I try to open, opens in 'Word', Everything has the 'word' icon on the desktop. I've tried changing what programs opens with what. I'm just stuck. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-things-on-laptop.1166978/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys dont know if you have any ideas what can be happening on my end Just before christmas i had to reformat my PC according to dell because my Hal DLL file was screwed up so i did i followed all of their instructions on reinstalling drivers in the proper order after reinstalling windows xp after i did the reinstall i noticed my programs were using alot of memory maxing with everything i was doing so yet using my before more ram Reformatted now much things are and laptop than again i did another reformat installed the drivers in the correct order again updated all win updates and i am still expeirencing the same thing again at idle im between - sometimes more and while running certain apps like windows media player for Reformatted my laptop and now things are using much more ram than before instance my memory shoots through the roof causing skipping of audio while browsing Reformatted my laptop and now things are using much more ram than before the net or even opening notepad i look in task manager and i am getting close to used i dont know what is causing this anything i use is running real high do any of you have any idea what could be happening i am using a Dell e ghz gb hdd gig ram and Win Xp any help or suggestions you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated thanks Dan

A:Reformatted my laptop and now things are using much more ram than before

Download, Unzip and run Process explorer:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

After it is running, click on File > Save As let it save as Procexp.txt and attach the file to your next post.

With 1GB of ram, 30% - 40% at idle is not out of the ordinary.

Is your ram 1 single 1GB stick or 2 512MB sticks?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371036/reformatted-my-laptop-and-now-things-are-using-much-more-ram-than-before/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone first sorry for my english since it s not my first language so as stated in the title I have no sound on my laptop more -->Tried No MSi things ge-600 many laptop On sound :x I've tried everything and seen numerous forums It is therefore an msi ge- I - m Audio Sound Codec Chip Realtek ALC S Internal Speaker speakers sub-woofer Sound No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x Volume Adjust by volume button K B hot-key amp SW No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x -The computer has not suffered any impact etc quot I have reinstalled the drivers thought it does not work I tried Safe Mode as Administrator and reinstall it No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x still not working In the bottom right-I have the quot speaker icon with a white cross on red It said no speakers or headphones are plugged -I have formatted and reinstalled windows but still no sound -Devices that are the speakers and microphone do not seem to be installed -When I run a video or audio file through windows media player he said The''Windows Media Player can not play the file because of audio device problem Maybe your computer does not have a sound device the latter is used by another program or it does not work correctly '' -Let's not talk about the problem-solving tools windows -The last time the sound had jumped a simple reinstall of Catalyst Control Center allowed me to find himget it back but seems that this time is different -Audio devices are not visible even when I click the option for exhibited devices disabled or disconnected -Nothing wrong in device manager unless the card is not there I see in audio controller ATI HDMI AUDIO SOUND INTEL R FOR SCREEN I also tried to update drivers previous versions uninstall disable reinstall reactivate etc - Front panel configuration When I click on it adjust the volume it tells me no device installed and manage audio devices still nothing apart HDMI AUDIO -windows Audio is enabled in Services And finally I do not know how to see if my sound card still works My pc is months old warranty still works but I am currently abroad so can't bring it to reparation until juanary Thank you in advance for the time you'll devote to my problem feel free to ask me for more information x

A:No more sound On MSi ge-600 laptop -->Tried many things :x

Welcome to SF, Traumi.

And your English is great!

Did the sound EVER work?

Check to see if you have physical volume controls on your notebook. I have them and have accidentally muted my notebook.

Did you get your audio drivers from from MSI?

MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/122083-no-more-sound-msi-ge-600-laptop-tried-many-things-x.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have a Gateway Laptop M everytime I move the monitor it gives me an error quot You cannot eject your computer because one of the devices in the docking station Docking Station cannot be stopped because of an unknown error Since this device is still being used do not remove the computer quot The laptop does not have a docking station it never did have one It s driving me crazy I did a clean install of XP and it still does it When it s in DOS it works fine I would imagine it s some type of faulty sensor hardware that s provoking windows to think it s docked Is there a way to disable the docking functionality in windows so XP Laptop it's with docked things this stops The laptop is too old to bother sending in to have fixed The other option I d be fine with is opening it up and remove the sensor If someone knows where it is at Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop with XP things it's docked

I dont know but it might be worth looking in BIOS to see if you can disable docking ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-with-xp-things-its-docked.742690/
Relevancy 43.86%

hello i was hoping that maybe somebody in this forum could help me with some buggy things that are happening with my laptop There are some weird things happening and non of them make any sense st When in screen saver mode i get a pop-up from my webcam requesting access from a local host user When this happens im not running any IM's chatting or doing any type of quot camming quot This just started happening a few days after I performed a system recovery not sytem restore when malware prohibited any option of system restore safe mode functions persmissions etc in fixing my laptop So is this a glitch or still a bug in my system nd On occassion when trying to upload docs my system will automatically select them to upload Happening Help Weird Things Please. With Laptop. My without me clicking ok When this happens the files show upload in progress but it Help Please. Weird Things Happening With My Laptop. either hangs-up or stalls during progress Ive made repeated attempts to attach select file click ok but soon after I select the file the uploading begins Is this another glich or a bug in my system Is this something that vista has a way of doing rd Recently with my itunes i excited the program but the radio station continued to play I thought i was crazy since this has never ever happened I checked for a sidetray or something thinking i minimized the program instead of exiting But when checking my task manager to endtask the program wasnt listed as any running processes Needless to say this really freaked me out Can someone explain Now to give you some background information I just recently quot fixed quot my laptop after my worst hacking nightmare came true When I was hacked or infected i found files with buzzwords such as keylogger payload remote users run feeds repeated logon failures followed by successful logons to watching what I think was a snipet tool capturing screen shoots on my system and web pages I found programs such as msagent and searches on my laptop for quot everything quot which litterally had every page that i probably visited Including encrypted logon pages to email Upon researching i realized i was in serious trouble This was one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me So so far it seems that i have done rather well at restoring fixing my computer with the addition of some new safeguards But I am wondering is there more that can be wrong or more that I can do Also are there any suggestions on a good freeware reg cleaner thats not a trial and can run on vista -bit It seems that everything is only compatible with -bit I thought I would provide as much information as I could so I apologize for the lengthy email But I need help or answers This way over my head Thank you for your time

A:Help Please. Weird Things Happening With My Laptop.

Ok your last item you brought up is the most important. SO not use a registry cleaner! They are a scam tool and can only mess up your computer.

The second thing you should is do a factory restore (format) with disk that is provided with your laptop and erase everything. Back up what you need and do a scan with your antivirus. You should change the settings on your router's encryption if you got hacked. The best thing to do is these things.

-Make the Wireless Encryption to WPA2. WEP was made in 2001 and WPA in 2005/2004. They are old standards and WPA2 is the safest so far.

-Change, if you can the routers ping back settings so that they don't allow automatic pings backs from an outside computer so the hacker can see if the router is vulnerable or even there.

-Change your password to at least a 26 alpha/numeric password. I'll give an example --------- 1a2b3c4d5e6f7g8h9i10J11KLL. The easiest thing to brute force attack a router is one with a password that is in the dictionary. Brute Force attacks is when a computer captures a sample of your encryption and then tries to break by putting a dictionary attack on it. That is it goes through every possible combo in the dictionary/letters and sees if it fits your router's password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-please-weird-things-happening-with-my-laptop-398032.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've been trying to be patient about this but when I today got my first quot Windows crashed - and have been restored quot message my patience kind of ran out I'm going to try to explain as much as I can but if any additional information is needed or if I things) (several behaving Laptop weirdly should post in the spyware adware forum please just say so In May I brought a brand-new laptop of the HP brand and with Windows Laptop behaving weirdly (several things) Home Premium -bit It worked perfect for about a month I had a Norton anti-virus but when it expired I changed to AVG because I used it on my PC and it had worked great The laptop started to get slow - especially during the start up Too often I would turn it on click to open a folder or firefox and nothing would happen for minutes the cursor just rolling and rolling or it would freeze until finally after waiting get started and etc I figured it ought to maybe be the AVG program that was slowing it down so I changed to Avast I also went through all the start-up programs and removed those I deemed unnecessary or maybe also slowed things down I also uninstalled the HP dashboard since I had no use of it But it continued to be slow and freezing I tried scanning it but it either a freezes midpoint or b doesn't find anything My gadgets notes clock and calendar started to not show up freeze or just remain blank I tend to get rather often an error message when starting for example firefox that says that a script is unresponsive not working something called fontbuilder so I have to quot block it quot to be able to use the web browser I tried googling about it but could not find anything helpful Lately the touchpad mouse sometimes also stop work just all of the sudden so I have to change and use the wireless mouse or turn off the Laptop behaving weirdly (several things) comp and restart for it to work again I've done most Laptop behaving weirdly (several things) Windows Update I used to have a problem with the touchpad was suppose to have the ALPS driver not Synaptics which was automatically installed by Windows Update And then today when I turned on the computer waited the usual several minutes for it to quot start and open quot the browser and folders the desktop went white for a moment and then I got that message that Windows had crashed and restored at which I could start using it When I looked at the error information which I sadly did not manage to copy before it was accidentally closed it said it was a blue screen error but I never even got the blue screen and have never with the blue screen Any help would be very appreciated I am rather frustrated by this because it's a rather new laptop Thank you

A:Laptop behaving weirdly (several things)

Hi when you uninstalled norton did you use the removal tool Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-behaving-weirdly-several-things-590563.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This is a really weird problem that I can t figure out Occasionally when I m typing out something in a text box program whatever my cursor will just pause and several keystrokes might be dropped if I m typing fast This seems to happen randomly in spurts like some days it s really bad and other days the problem doesn t occur However something related happens frequently in games where I might press a key to go forward and it ll register as being continually pressed until I press the key once again having problem all of I'm laptop a with, my keyboard things, Specific keys don t do this it seems like all I'm having a problem with, of all things, my laptop keyboard of them do Arrgh and it s frustrating trying to quickly type out say a final paper and having it pause every once in a while If it helps I have an HP laptop with an Athlon mb RAM and well I could give more detailed stats with Belkin if necessary Please note that this problem doesn t affect anything else nothing else will drag or pause just the keyboard Thanks for any and all help or suggestions you can give nbsp

A:I'm having a problem with, of all things, my laptop keyboard

No one has any suggestions? :-(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-having-a-problem-with-of-all-things-my-laptop-keyboard.400262/
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently my laptop has started acting very slow. It's been quite gradual so I can't put my finger on what made it go slow.
Also, my built in cam and built in speakers have stopped working. They'll work for the first 10 minutes of the laptop being turned on, then they just won't work what so ever.
Some programmes won't uninstall either, coming up with various error messages.

Any help would be appreciated so much! Thanks.

Ravina.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314399/help-slow-laptop-and-various-things-not-working/
Relevancy 43.86%

okay so i'm here due to the on has (: things please help jessie unwanted her laptop, problem jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (: where i am recieving a bunch of pop ups on my comp or jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (: well laptop same thing i've downloaded like different spyware programs trying to solve this but its NO use at all help please thankyou very muchies lt EDIT apparently it says ''The text that you have entered is too long characters Please shorten it to characters long '' so i got some extra bits continued on my second post Deckard's System Scanner v Run by user on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Removed Ad-Aware - - UTC jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (: - RP - Installed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Free -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as user exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG aAvgApi exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C Downloads dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK user exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG ... Read more

A:jessie has unwanted things on her laptop, help please (:

2008-03-28 22:07:26 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12067025422.exe
2008-03-28 21:11:26 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12067025433.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 12873 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669815217.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 5482 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669815116.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 17253 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814814.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 15793 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814713.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 7033 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814612.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 11414 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814411.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 7034 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120669814310.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 2802 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981418.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 18715 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981407.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 8760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981386.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 16060 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981375.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981364.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 8760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981353.exe
2008-03-28 19:57:41 5840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066981332.exe
2008-03-28 19:50:23 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976305.exe
2008-03-28 19:48:24 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976273.exe
2008-03-28 19:48:20 18980 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976262.exe
2008-03-28 19:47:59 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066976284.exe
2008-03-28 10:32:33 10220 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606066.exe
2008-03-28 10:30:11 8760 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606012.exe
2008-03-28 09:33:57 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606023.exe
2008-03-28 09:32:37 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066606045.exe
2008-03-27 21:23:10 6304 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120661331116.exe
2008-03-27 20:28:38 14600 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098773.exe
2008-03-27 20:27:11 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098762.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:57 13140 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098816.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:39 4113 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660989114.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:38 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066132974.exe
2008-03-27 20:25:09 5840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098784.exe
2008-03-27 20:23:56 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066132942.exe
2008-03-27 20:23:19 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066132985.exe
2008-03-27 20:18:48 13604 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120661288410.exe
2008-03-27 20:18:48 9954 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128818.exe
2008-03-27 20:17:06 17520 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128764.exe
2008-03-27 20:17:00 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128796.exe
2008-03-27 20:16:15 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128742.exe
2008-03-27 20:15:51 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066128785.exe
2008-03-27 20:09:05 4380 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066125345.exe
2008-03-27 20:09:05 4380 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066125323.exe
2008-03-27 20:09:05 5840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066125312.exe
2008-03-27 19:26:21 11680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066098805.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 7034 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975716.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 18345 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975515.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 2653 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975414.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 4113 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975313.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 12873 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k120660975212.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 4114 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066097478.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 9955 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066097467.exe
2008-03-27 19:24:22 7300 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\k12066097446.exe
2008-03... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/jessie-has-unwanted-things-on-her-laptop-help-please-248238.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I'm about to purchase a new laptop that will probably be x better than my current one I have a few questions first though I've decided to make this one thread Laptop Few (Mostly things) Questions moving about Get I Before New A a instead of have it be lots of separate ones Welp here goes Can I A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things) move everything from this computer A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things) to the new one At this point I don't care about the theme being moved or about desktop shortcuts or about how everything's arranged A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things) I just want to make sure everything is over on the new one I want to move the entire C drive Is that possible How so An external hard drive Any info at all is appreciated Should I take any precautions before moving files Question is pretty self-explanatory here anything I should do or prepare for before I move everything if moving everything is possible in the first place Any advice in general If you have any advice about new laptops in general please let me know Thank you for any answers you may have

A:A Few Questions Before I Get a New Laptop (Mostly about moving things)

1. User files yes, system files generally not

2. Make an image of the system to an external device - just in case

3. I wonder what you expect to be 5 times better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395484-few-questions-before-i-get-new-laptop-mostly-about-moving-things.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop screen has started doing some weird things. I first noticed it about 6 months ago after i download zune. The problem would only happen in the zune software. About 2 days ago i upgraded to windows 8 and now it is doing it on every application i open. I can make it go away sometimes by highlighting the text it gets but it doesnt always work. Ill post some pictures that i captured on screen. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, often when i close the lid on my laptop it opens up programs and files that are visible on the screen when i close it. I have set my laptop to "do nothing" when i close the lid because i dont want it to go into sleep or anything. I dont know if this is a virus or not. i have used Avast antivirus to scan my computer several times and came up empty. I dont expect you to know exactly what is causing this but maybe someone here have had the same experience and might be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you

A:My laptop opens up things when the lid is closed

This could be caused by the closing of the top putting pressure on the keyboard. Set the laptop to shutdown when the top is closed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-opens-up-things-when-the-lid-is-closed.174403/
Relevancy 43.86%

now that I got my laptop back and runnin again I wanna jus take this time to clear EVERY little problem I seem to be having. This one has been happening for a couple weeks and its not a big problem

its just really annoying.

Right when I start up my laptop, two things pop up

one being, as soon as I log in a pop up comes in the middle of my screen saying:

TaskBarIcon - Access Is Denied

and then the other one that pops up is this

can someone help me out so I can get these pop outs the **** outta my life.

A:two things that pop up everytime I start up my laptop.

Have you tried disabling whatever is in the startup tab through msconfig and then re-enabling them one at a time?

(Start>type 'Msconfig' in the search bar >Startup tab and untick the boxes)

I'd also navigate directly to that file and check the properties> details and see if it points to a particular app.

It's a sus looking file, so I also wouldn't rule out malware/virus (even if AVG doesn't detect it.)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258667-two-things-pop-up-everytime-i-start-up-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

now the weird things - screen flickers even during boot except when Rollback RX bootscreen or BIOS screen is loaded or just before the login things screen laptop my with Weird screen of Windows flickers stop while the windows quot circle quot is animating or when Windows is shutting down - if plugged-in so not on battery the screen flickers from quot very rarely quot to quot no more quot - if on battery and if i put the screen into some special angles the flickers may vanish or be Weird things with my laptop screen reduced - if im on battery and i open my browser and surf to any website the flickers Weird things with my laptop screen stop if i minimize my browser the flickers restart - if i open WIn start menu Weird things with my laptop screen flickers stop - if i link my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable no flickers on TV if i do dual view screen flickers but not the TV now what the hell is happening so my actual fix is to be plugged as much as possible but by this i wear my battery nbsp

A:Weird things with my laptop screen

Would it be possible that Windows 10 automatically changes the battery profile when you change the angle of the screen[1], minimize the browser and open the start menu? If so, I think this may be a problem of your battery.

By the way, I think [1] may be possible. For example, when the angle is very small, the OS may switch the battery profile to an "energy-saving" mode.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/weird-things-with-my-laptop-screen.53911/
Relevancy 43.86%

For example I just went to www blizzard com diablo Hurray for all you Diablo fans it s confirmed After a certain amount of time browsing the site which if you off certain doing Laptop completely after shuts things.. can see is mostly in Flash and has alot of high graphics my computer just turns off and i gotta wait about seconds or else it ll just light up and turn off right away That was just an example of what triggers this many other things trigger it as well I just can t think of anything else right now that triggered it before I think i remember it happening when I was using FL Studio music Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things.. producing software and when the techno song i was making got to the super cool part it started getting slow and eventually shut off Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things.. my computer I m startting to Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things.. think maybe I m just using my computer too much and it s over-heating or something but I stopped by here just to see if what i m thinking is correct or not If not I would really appreciate some help here It s a HP dv Notebook running Windows XP Media Center If you need any more info just ask but I gotta get to sleep right now gt lt so thanks to anyone that helps nbsp

A:Laptop completely shuts off after doing certain things..

Sounds like its getting too hot, you should check the vents on the underside and on the side of the laptop for build up of dirt, also you should be able to remove the heatsink and fan from the underneath of the laptop (be careful when pulling the panel away at there is a wire attached form the panel and the motherboard). detach the wire and clean the fan which may have some build up on dirt in it use a cotton bud to loosen the dirty and a hoover (away from the laptop) to remove the loosend dirt.

also notice that the laptop should ideally be elevated slightly form wher eit is sitting, many people including my brother tend to use the laptop on their beds which prevents any heat from escaping and thus causing the above issues, make sure that there is nothing blocking or covering the vents.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-completely-shuts-off-after-doing-certain-things.725854/
Relevancy 43.86%

so, my laptop is dell inspiron. i3, windows 7 home basic 64-bit, 4096MB RAM, etc etc.
few hours ago, i open my antivirus (eset) and open the 'quarantine' file, and then i decided to delete it, i feel hesitant so i open google and it says 'we should keep things on quarantine, hands off it' and i feel i've made mistake.
then i restarted my computer and every .exe program i opened, the 'BAD IMAGE' comes out, i'm frustated. i watched videos on youtube, and i saw that we should system restore it? i did it for 5 times and it didn't work out. please help me! i've been asking everyone i know but none of them knows how

A:'BAD IMAGE' things keep popping out on my laptop, what should i do?

Win7?s no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall - by Fred Langa

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512573/bad-image-things-keep-popping-out-on-my-laptop-what-should-i-do/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi My computer keeps stalling when on explorer I find it often shuts down It is getting worse I have not been able to get an anti virus which is really stupid I know but I will now if there is anymore info you need let me know Much much appreciated you guys have helped me out before and I wil compensate with a money donation in the near future thanks guys you re awesome Oh and i am quite the illiteratee where computers are concerned Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Product Information TOPI exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files IDM Desktop SMS DesktopSMS exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Registration ToshibaRegistration exe C Windows PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe things Strange laptop on happening my C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Personal bin Personal exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger Strange things happening on my laptop MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe c PROGRA MICROS wkcalrem exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Strange things happening on my laptop Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Strange things happening on my laptop Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google se R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google se R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO L nkhj lp till Adobe PDF Reader - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live inloggningshj lpen - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Windows ... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, my laptop is infected with multiple things on it, Win32/ CMDService, Win32/PowerRegScheduler, Win32/ iSearchToolbar, Win32/TTC, Win32/InternetSpeedMonitor, Win32/Virtumonde.gen.

I have downloaded a vundo remover , and virtumondebegone from this website. the vundo remover found quite a bit of things, and removed them, but still think other spyware/malware are on the computer still.

When I am using it, it takes longer than 20 minutes to startup, if I am not in safemode, and for some reason my connection keeps dieing after 15 minutes, so I had to post quickly sorry ><

I ran windows defender, spybot, and adaware. The programs detect the threats, but when I delete them, or quarantine them upon restart, they are back. here is my hijackthis log file pls help thank you very much, this website looks like it will help quite a bit.

A:Help Laptop Infected With Multiple Things

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum Hoover442000My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.When VundoFix re-opens,click the "Scan for Vundo" button.Once it's done scanning,click the "Remove Vundo" button.You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click "YES".Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.When completed,it will prompt that it will reboot your computer,click "OK".Post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt into your next reply.Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.In this case,VundoFix will run on reboot,simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please. *Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121956/help-laptop-infected-with-multiple-things/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all,
I have a Phillips 32" LCD (model # 32TA2800/98) that I connect my laptops to with a VGA cable. I usually had my Gateway NV53A (AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series Graphics card) connected and I never had a problem. Recently I connected my Samsung to the monitor and again, had no problems. When I reconnect my gateway the PC detects the monitor but the monitor does not detect the PC. If I switch back to the Samsung it works fine. I have reset the TV to factory default the only way I know how (owners manual). I have unplugged the power cable to the TV for 10 min+. I have changed from a 14 pin VGA to a 15 pin. I have updated all drivers.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:1 monitor (Phillips 32" flat screen), 2 laptops, only 1 laptop detected by monitor

It appears this one has got them all stumped. I really need help with this one and I am at a total loss. I would be forever in someones debt.

Could it be that the TV has a capacitor that holds the settings for an extended period of time? Maybe I should leave it unplugged for 24-48 hours?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-monitor-phillips-32-flat-screen-2-laptops-only-1-laptop-detected-by-monitor.1039481/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a dell laptop Connected Monitor Screen Resolution Monitor Laptop Issue External To that has x resolution However i connect it to an external monitor Laptop Monitor Screen Connected To External Monitor Resolution Issue that has x resolution Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen which is the secondary monitor My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen I want to have x resolution but its way too big I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows x Can someone tell me how to change this to x I googled what is my resolution on the external monitor and it does show x which is correct My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the x Its windows but im assuming this should be very similar to windows to fix this issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401454-laptop-monitor-screen-connected-external-monitor-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a dell laptop that has x resolution However i connect it to an external monitor that has x resolution Basically almost everything i do Connected Screen Issue Monitor Monitor Resolution Laptop To External is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen Laptop Monitor Screen Connected To External Monitor Resolution Issue Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen which is the secondary monitor My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen I want to have x resolution but its way too big I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows x Can someone tell me how to change this to x I googled what is my resolution on the external monitor and it does show x which is correct My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the x Its windows but im assuming this should be very similar to windows to fix this issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401454-laptop-monitor-screen-connected-external-monitor-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows laptop I connect it to an external monitor and use hdmi cable My external monitor is my main monitor I use the laptop monitor as the secondary monitor I extend the display My desktop icons are always on my external monitor desktop I had moved the hdmi cable connected to my laptop i believe which caused all my icons from my external monitor to go on the laptop monitor Also there is even spacing on all of the icons Has anyone had this happened I then clicked sort Monitor External From To Icons Rearranged Desktop Laptop Monitor and then it rearranged so there is no spacing etc However i then noticed hey why are my icons on my laptop monitor and not my external monitor Does Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor anyone know why this happened When i open Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor chrome and other programs it does open up on my external monitor though which is my primary monitor I believe i Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor can just drag each of the icons on my desktop on my laptop screen to my external monitor So just do this and that fixes the issue right Or is there a way to have all the icons just move to the external monitor The reason i ask this is in case the icons just suddenly move to the laptop screen again

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68766-desktop-icons-rearranged-laptop-monitor-external-monitor.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows laptop I connect it to an external monitor and use hdmi cable My external monitor is my main monitor I use the laptop monitor as the secondary monitor I extend the display My desktop icons are always on my external monitor desktop I had moved the hdmi cable connected to my laptop i believe which caused all my icons from my external monitor to go on the From Icons Monitor Desktop External Rearranged Monitor To Laptop laptop monitor Also there is even spacing on all of the icons Has anyone had this happened I then clicked sort and then it rearranged so there is no spacing etc However i then noticed hey why are my icons on my laptop monitor and not my external monitor Does anyone know why this happened When i open chrome and other programs it does open up on my external monitor though which is my primary monitor I believe i can just drag each of the Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor icons on my desktop on my laptop screen to my external monitor So just do this and that fixes the issue right Or is Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor there a way to have all the icons just move to the external monitor The reason i ask this is in case the icons just suddenly move to the laptop screen again

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402176-desktop-icons-rearranged-laptop-monitor-external-monitor.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen.
My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen. I want to have 1920x1080 resolution but its way too big. I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows 1536 x 864. Can someone tell me how to change this to 1920x1080?
My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the 1920x1200.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66365-external-monitor-laptop-monitor-screen-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows laptop I connect it to an external monitor and use hdmi Rearranged Desktop Icons To From Monitor Laptop Monitor External cable My external monitor Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor is my main monitor I use the laptop monitor as the secondary monitor I extend the display My desktop icons are always on my external monitor desktop I had moved the hdmi cable connected to my laptop i believe which caused all my icons Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor from my external monitor to go on the laptop monitor Also there is Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor even spacing on all of the icons Has anyone had this happened I then clicked sort and then it rearranged so there is no spacing etc However i then noticed hey why are my icons on my laptop monitor and not my external monitor Does anyone know why this happened When i open chrome and other programs it does open up on my external monitor though which is my primary monitor I believe i can just drag each of the icons on my desktop on my laptop screen to my external monitor So just do this and that fixes the issue right Or is there a way to have all the icons just move to the external monitor The reason i ask this is in case the icons just suddenly move to the laptop screen again

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402175-desktop-icons-rearranged-laptop-monitor-external-monitor.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I didn't know if I should have put this in the general discussion page or the video card page but here it is My laptop has been acting up today I would open the lid and it would have strange colors For example blues would be a strange red color But it would automatically fix itself and go back to normal colors I was suspicious but didn't think much of it Later today I walked past it and the monitor was black nothing on it So i pushed the power button and shut it down Than the fun began It would card. the monitor monitor the it or video Is Laptop dilema. intigrated show me the splash screen Dell when you first boot it up like for some it would say ASUS or such depending on the mobo they had installed It to had messed up colors only it did not correct this time than the screen went black I waited a few minutes hoping it would wake up and give me a screen witch it never did I rebooted several more Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card. time trying to get into the bios or anything with a Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card. screen witch also failed The DELL splash screen never failed to come up though After close observation I noticed there was something on the screen it was just really dark and barely readable It said something to the effect of quot Windows has failed to start quot and gave me the option of booting normal or startup repair I eventually shut the lid and got a secondary monitor and tried to use it Apparently shutting the lid disables the primary monitor and lets you use the monitor you plug in And now I have a screen again It worked What do you guys think is it a monitor issue or a video card issue And is it repairable Sadly i don't know much about the laptop other than it is dell has an integrated ati graphics card and is windows vista It is dell inspiron if that helps

A:Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card.

Hi computergeekguy,

Since you are getting 'video' on an 'external display', it appears to be an LCD related issue with the laptop. You may also try to run the LCD BIST (Built in self test) to check the 'LCD display performance' when separated from the 'graphics'. You may find the following steps useful:
- Power off the laptop
- Press and hold down letter <D> on the keyboard
- Power the laptop back on (continue to hold the letter <D>)
- Laptop enters in the 'LCD diagnostic environment' (check the performance)

If your laptop does not enter the diagnostic mode, you may also try to release the 'flea power':
- Power off the laptop
- Unplug the AC Adapter and Battery
- Press and hold down the 'power button' for 10 - 15 seconds
- Plug the 'Adapter cable' back in and launch the 'LCD BIST' again

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271013-laptop-monitor-dilema-monitor-intigrated-video-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My old dell laptop L502x is a bit quirky and caused me to buy a desktop, however, i think it is still saveable. when i have it display to an external monitor via hdmi, it works 100% with no problems. however, when i use the monitor that is physically attached to the laptop, i will get a " A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" BSOD. from what i've gathered over numerous crashes, i believe its a problem with the integrated graphics in the processor, since they are not used when outputting via hdmi. i could be wrong tho, any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Laptop external monitor = OK, attached monitor = BSOD

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337137-dell-laptop-external-monitor-ok-attached-monitor-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Four days ago I became infected with a terrible virus. I did a reinstall. Evidently, I have imported something bad from Windows Old.

Today, I started getting popups advising me of status changes. The status always has to do with whatever I'm working on at the time. In the picture I've included in this post, there is a popup advising me that my status has been changed to 'diamond 1'. It just so happens that at the time of the popup, I was editing a picture of a diamond titled 'diamond 1'.

I've had this computer almost 5 years and have never been advised of my 'Status'. Is this a normal feature of Vista Premium? What does this mean?

A:[SOLVED] Wierd Wierd Wierd

Looks like that the status update is from google talk. The box looks like a g.talk notification. try exiting g.talk and see what happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wierd-wierd-wierd-622314.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've read around and tried the following:

Alt+F4

removing the battery with the power cord unplugged and holding the power down for 20-30 secs (reset BIOS?) then put the power cord back in and tried to turn it on.

Just turning it off and on a few times(I guess it could be stuck in sleed mode?)

I tried to light up the screen with a flashlight to see if the LED went out but screen was still black.

It's a toshiba satellite sli1

Thoughts on other things I can try?

(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)

A:Laptop turns on but screen black. I've tried a few things.

"(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)"...

If there is dried cat vomit near one of the top hinges, there's a small micro switch that senses that the top cover is closed. If this switch is damaged, it will give you the black LCD screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-but-screen-black-ive-tried-a-few-things.171202/
Relevancy 43.43%

Warm weather greetings forum members I'm writing this on behalf of a friend so I might not have all the details So a few months ago one of my friends was having issues with his laptop freezing up randomly He said that using google chrome was freezing the laptop up and other locking laptop things... fun Gateway up weird He Gateway laptop locking up and other fun weird things... came down to visit from university and I checked it out At the time he had McAfee internet protection which was causing a serious file issue where the libraries were being hidden and other files as well I resolved that problem earlier but it came about again I decided to search for all of his files and back them up and I THOROUGHLY wiped down the hard drive which took about eight hours I later reinstalled Windows on it and made sure everything was running fine I have AVG free installed with IE updated and no chrome on it I checked the hard drive RAM and system stability everything came out fine Today he was telling me that his laptop was freezing up again He says that just watching a video in chrome IE or firefox will do it And by his laptop he means Windows isn't responding no mouse pointer movement Ctrl Alt Delete doesn't do Gateway laptop locking up and other fun weird things... anything and he has to kill the power manually and reboot I am stumped When I had it I found no issue with it Videos were playing fine in IE everything was working correctly He thinks that the internet connection at his university might be doing something but I don't think so My only idea is something with Adobe Flash player is screwing with something Anyone have any ideas or suggestions Thanks

A:Gateway laptop locking up and other fun weird things...

Did you check the memory and other hardware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229131-gateway-laptop-locking-up-other-fun-weird-things.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i reinstalled XP Pro on my laptop and i can't get these 2 things, i right chicked on them to tell the to update, they says no new update...

I have a HP Dv 8000 (Dv 8210us i think)
HP Pavilion dv8210us Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

yellow ? Otherdevices
|- yellow ? : Mass Storage Controller
|- yellow ? : MS Bus Controller

I do not see the 2 on there: Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv8210us Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

do i need these? or is there any place i can get these from? there not listed on HP site....

A:[SOLVED] Laptop-reinstalled XP missing 2 things

Hi try installing the chipset

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-laptop-reinstalled-xp-missing-2-things-564854.html