Windows Support Forum

Is Buslink an okay brand for an A-drive?

Q: Is Buslink an okay brand for an A-drive?

Okay, okay, I know that most of you stopped using floppies long ago. But my question is: I was about to buy a Buslink external USB floppy disk drive (brand new, still sealed) from someone on Craigslist, and just wondered if it's a decent brand.

And would have I have by anything extra, other than perhaps a cord? Never done this before.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is Buslink an okay brand for an A-drive?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is Buslink an okay brand for an A-drive?

I'm sure it is fine, the technology in those hasn't changed since about 1992, lol. The only thing that is different is the USB interface. The drive alone should be enough, I don't think USB Floppys needed external power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-buslink-an-okay-brand-for-an-a-drive.204731/
Relevancy 65.79%

Per chance is there anyone BUSlink expert ? external drive hard else out there that still uses the BUSlink USB external hard drive or I am the only one left I have an quot old quot maybe two BUSlink external hard drive expert ? years old external USB hard drive made by BUSlink for Win It has been on the BUSlink external hard drive expert ? sidelines for the last year or so as it took that long for me to get around to getting it working on XP and I am now trying to get it set up as a backup for my hard drive I have been having some intermittent problems trying to just get an initial complete backup Major two problems are BUSlink external hard drive expert ? that it just hangs with the quot access quot light on after attempting to copy any file that is quot in use quot yep I am doing the backup in safe mode and I have to shut it off to clear it that it is occasionally spitting out quot I O device errors quot apparently trying to write to the drive My bottom line questions are if anyone else is still actually using one of these contraptions does anyone have any kind of success with them or is this typical of the device after a couple of years with only one year of low usage if this is atypical problematic behavior has anyone ever used the backup to do a complete or partial restore and was the process smooth or embroiled with problems what tactic was employed to perform the backup restore quot autosave quot xcopy explorer copy NTbackup GHOST or any one of an endless array of backup components do you notice that the drive seems to get what would seem to be way too hot when simply turned on and do you do anything about that nbsp

A:BUSlink external hard drive expert ?

hmmm... no expert here.

4) do you notice that the drive seems to get what would seem to be way too hot (when simply turned on), and do you do anything about that?Click to expand...

Can you run a hard drive fitness test on it? (assuming they make such a beast for that thing)

Scrap the backup idea at the moment... try writing both big and smal clusters to it and see if its still dying on you.

Are you using the Win98 drivers or XP drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buslink-external-hard-drive-expert.138849/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Buslink model FW60 72E but when I connect it to my computer it is not detected. I can't get it to recognize it at all. My computer is a 64 bit desktop with a quad core Intel i7. It has Windows 7 OS. Any ideas?

A:Buslink external hard drive not recognized.

It may just need to a drive-letter assigning to it:

Make sure it's connected to PC & power supply.
Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management
In the bottom-right panel, find the ribbon which relates to the Buslink drive (no drive letter, and it may say "Raw").
Right-click that ribbon & choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths"
Click "New"
Choose a letter.
Click OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buslink-external-hard-drive-not-recognized.1075283/
Relevancy 65.79%

How do I get Norton Ghost 2003 to see my Buslink USB 1.1 drive when I go into DOS?

I have a HP Pavilion N5420L laptop running Windows XP.

Thanks

A:Norton Ghost 2003 and Buslink UBS 1.1 Drive

Ghost should be able to produce a diskette with the correct drivers on it if you tell it you want USB support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-ghost-2003-and-buslink-ubs-1-1-drive.227131/
Relevancy 52.46%

Please bear with a "newbie" to the site.
I recently upgraded from XP Pro, to a HP Pavillion a6700f-AMD Phenom X4-500 gig hd-4 gig ram-Windows Vista Home Premium-64 bit-NIVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE.
Here's the problem...
Before the upgrade I placed all docs/pics/ete. on my external hard drive; Buslink L30 (the yellow one).
Now I cannot retreive anything. I went to Buslink to upgrade the driver as it wasn't recognized by the Vista machine. Upon installation, I crashed. Removed the upgrade and all was well.
How do I get to all the information I have stored on the external HD, and onto the new computer and/or get the driver to work?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buslink-external-hd-help.805116/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone. I am having the following problem:

Whenever I plug my BusLink Busdrive into the USB port on my computer (Win2000 SP3) I am unable to see any of the files that are on the memory stick. Windows will display the removable drive in My Computer, but when I open the drive there is nothing there. When I plug the drive into any other computer, I am able to see the size of the drive and the files that are loaded there. Please Help!

I have tried to uninstall the drivers and allow windows to reinstall the device...nothing.

Here are the files that I have un-installed:
BusDRive USB Device
USB Mass Storage Device
Generic USB Hub
USB Root Hub
Generic Volume

Please help...

Thanks,
Andrew

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys, I'm back again with another question. I don't go to any other forum website. I just got a hold of a BUSlink external usb CD-ROM drive. I'm assuming it's for older Window's systems. Unfortunately, the driver for the card that's installed in the exterior drive, behind the CD-ROM drive won't install on my system. It's a USB-IDE bridge controller. I've searched the internet for a driver that would work and I could download, but I have had no success either at BUSlink or just through trying to find other drivers. Is there even a generic driver for USB-IDE controllers? Is there a driver within Windows, or from another brand that I could install that would work with this? Images attached.

A:Driver for BUSlink USB-Optical Bridge Controller

I assume if you plug it into different computers Windows doesn't recognize it on its own? About the only thing I could recommend is googling the model #. I hate to sound negative, but for the price of faster, external USB DVD drives, is this even worth your time to get it running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/driver-for-buslink-usb-optical-bridge-controller-604328.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way I can use my BUSLINK external CDRW with XP. Each time I try to install, I get a warning message about being incompatible and do I want to continue or stop installation.

WHen I continue I get a blue screen and the computer becomes unstable.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

A:Solved: BUSLINK External USB CDRW 4x4x6 Incompatible w/ XP

From what I see that drive is not sold as compatible with Windows XP. It's also a USB 1.1 and that may be a hang up even if it was designed to work with XP.

Part Number : RW-USB-B5---446B
Type : EXTERNAL
Size : Buslink 4x4x6
Application : PC WIN98, me, 2000
Brand : BUSLINK

PS: No, I'm afraid your out of luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-buslink-external-usb-cdrw-4x4x6-incompatible-w-xp.334548/
Relevancy 45.58%

Sony VIAO - Vista - I m copy paste the info from the thread so I don t old to drive Clone brand new drive have to type all info twice Trying to clone and seriously need some quot professional quot assistance Still haven t gotten the answers necessary to complete the task from other forum Info posted as follows Hi I want to quot Clone quot quot Copy quot my old smaller HD to a new larger HD I bought a brand new hard drive for my Sony VIAO laptop and would like to clone the old hard drive to the new one Then swap out the smaller drive with the larger new drive I ve been trying to read through as much info as possible to figure out how to do it but am having problems I downloaded EaseUS ToDo BackUp Free and bought an adapter to connect the new SATA hard drive I thought all I had to do was connect the new drive then open the EaseUS software and click quot disk clone quot then start the clone But the new drive doesn t show up in the quot disk clone window quot Do I need to format the new drive Or Do I need to create a partition on the new drive with the quot manage quot option on right clicking quot computer quot on my desktop Or Do I need to quot create a bootable disk quot in the Ease US software or a bootable CD I don t know quot Clone old drive to brand new drive exactly quot how to do any of those things This is more confusing then it should be I know I thought I d be able to do this seemingly simple task but need help If I have to somehow quot initialize quot the new hard drive to become a quot writable drive quot I ll need to know quot exactly quot how to do that then how to complete the cloning and the next step of switching the new cloned drive with the old drive and to have the computer boot up as usual Again I have looked at the page on quot how to clone a hard drive quot and still I m missing something Please can someone give me some detailed instruction on how to complete this process Thank you I Did quot Initialize quot amp quot Format quot of my new drive and the Clone feature of the Ease US ToDo BackUp Free still doesn t quot see quot my new hard drive so I can clone it Does anyone know what s going on I do see it in explorer As I said I initialized amp formatted the drive and it opens up in explorer as if I can simply put files on it but haven t put anything on it just to keep it fresh amp ready to be cloned I just don t understand why it doesn t show up in quot disk clone quot part of the EaseUS software so I can choose it as the quot destination disk quot and click next Do you know what I need to do to get this new drive cloned I really appreciate your help I keep checking for responses through the day amp night for assistance with this so I can respond fairly quickly with suggestions or questions on how I can get this done It s showing up like a new removable drive w drive letter G Yes the adapter is connected to a USB port It came with a SATA cable that connects to the adapter then the adapter connect to the USB port and it shows up simply as another drive This clone software should work with laptops as the only way to connect an internal drive for upgrade is through a USB port Sounds logical to me If not EaseUS should make it very clear that it won t work through a USB port and can only work by connecting directly to the motherboard as in a desk top tower computer Make sense If that s the case then they EaseUS should really let users know that cloning won t work with USB connections Hope I m making sense Damn tired Still trying to figure this out Also I looked at Seagate s site for their quot Disc Wizard Cloning Software quot and they have software that does cloning but of the drives have to be a Seagate which My new one is The only thing is that is says quot vista users should have their vista installation disc ready following reboot quot which I don t have This clone process is the whole reason I want to do this because I can t re-install the Vista OS and start from scratch Not sure if I should even try Seag... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clone-old-drive-to-brand-new-drive.1018511/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just got this thing, and it worked at first, I know because I put files on it, and now my computer won't detect it. I tried it on another machine also. I read a post about re-lettering it, but in disk manager it's not detected either. Is there anything I can do?

A:Brand New 4 GB PNY pen drive not working!

Take it back. It's defective. If you didn't buy it from a reputable retailer, it might be counterfeit. I don't know why someone would bother counterfeiting a $5 item, but I suppose it's possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-4-gb-pny-pen-drive-not-working.1042896/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi...not sure if this is the right place but...I have a generic external USB 2.0 hard drive that is beginning to phase out of existence haha, and I need a new one. What's the best, most reliable brand to get...maxtor, western digital?? etc

Also, when can I really know that it's time to get rid of my current hard drive. It works fine, but sometimes when I turn it on, it'll be loud for a minute or 2, then die down...

thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

Okay so I bought a new hard drive for my Dell Desktop after the old one died I got it up and running and installed Windows Vista die my new brand Did hard or ??? drive Home Premium bit again from the Dell re-installation disc Yay However in order to get it to install Windows Vista I had to make a change in setup It wouldn't install so I had read somewhere that changing to Autodetect RAID or something like that would help I did and it worked Then I created a partition using the excellent guide created by Brink at this forum All good so far Then I grabbed a backup image of my old Did my brand new hard drive die or ??? drive made by Paragon backup and transferred it from my external backup drive to my partitioned drive R I then used the Paragon backup program to try to install the Partition over the C drive loading it from the R drive It started doing its thing and seemed to be running just fine I think there were steps for it to go through to install the Image and it was on step when I left home to go out for awhile When I came back home a couple hours later I found the blue screen of death and a message that said something like quot No drive is detected to boot from quot I restarted and it just want back to the same screen I restarted again and the same thing My question is What happened Did the Paragon Personal Backup program kill my drive somehow I find that hard to understand believe Or did the drive just die quot out of the blue quot because it is a lemon That is my working theory How can I proceed from here Is my drive really dead or is it just quot playing opossum quot -D Why did it apparently die while loading a disc image using paragon backup software What do I do now

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301994-did-my-brand-new-hard-drive-die.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm looking to get a new hard drive for my computer and was wondering what brand is generally considered the best.

I currently have a maxtor and its already been replaced once so I'm skeptical to go with Maxtor again.

Basically I'm looking to get around a 120 or larger drive with either ata133 or 100. I don't want to get a sata drive and I'm not looking to go with a raid array.

Basically I just want to know what people recommend.
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 45.58%

I've got an old Dell which I'm slowly modifying into something somewhat less Dell-ish, but I haven't yet figured out quite what my 'HL-DT-ST' dvd drive is. I've done some googling but made little progress - does anyone know what make/model it might be?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I have just purchased a new high capacity hard drive that I wish to install in my PC I think this question has been asked before but all seem to want to copy their existing drive onto the new drive My request is simple I just want to start brand new fresh and clean Dont want to transfer anything I think I may have hidden virii or trojans in my old drive that I just want to be shed of My question is how do I ensure that when I install the new drive it will be designated as drive Brand C: new install c I also have a d drive that I use for music and data storage Should I unplug the d drive while installing the new drive I intend to install Vista Ultimate on the Brand new C: drive install new drive Also microsoft authenticate this Brand new C: drive install new installation of Vista given that it is on a Brand new C: drive install brand new drive I assume microsoft does some hardware checking to ensure any reinstallation is on the same and not a completely different computer Any help not in geek speak would be most welcome THANK YOU ALL Scott M

A:Brand new C: drive install

Just unplug the the old drive. Put in the new one. Make sure it is in master mode.
It should be in the manual that came with the drive.
Turn the computer on. It will say ne oprating found. Put in the vista disc and go.
You will be taken to a screen on where you want to put it. It will detect both drives.
Select c. Really to be on the safe side I would pull your d drive then put it back in when done. It is up to you.
Hope I was some help to you.

Later.............Jimmy

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241322-brand-new-c-drive-install.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I Installed A Brand New Hard Drive, Without Copying Anything From The Original. I Loaded All The Security Software (norton, Spybot, Adaware Pro, Prevx, Start Page Guard Etc. Set The Firewall And Norton To The Highest Levels Of Protection. I Wrote Zeros To The Original Drive And Moved It To The Slave. I Downloaded Sp1 & 2 & All Other Updates From Msoft.
I Still Have Adware (adware.mirar) And One Popup That Keeps Comming Back When I Close Outlook Express (oldgames.se/). Everything Works But My System Is Slow And Particularly Sluggish When Selecting A Directory In Windows Explorer And When Returning From The Screen Saver. Norton Finds The Adware.mirar In Every Directory But Cannot Remove It. Spybot And Adaware Pro Do Not Even Find It. Nothing Finds The Popup Oldgames.
Please Help. Attatched Is My Latest Hijack This Log.
Thanks, Arbordoctor.

Relevancy 45.58%

I've recently purchased an additional Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 320gb SATA HD to compliment my other Hitachi 80gb HD on my home build PC. I hooked it up and Vista didn't recognize the new drive. I went and manually set up the drive, and as soon as i put something on it, Vista gave me a (back up and replace drive) message. Any suggestions?

A:Brand new corrupt drive

format it first then use it. see if it gives u thaat error still. if that doesn't work u may be out of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-corrupt-drive.120120/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just built a computer from scratch and am trying to install windows 7. I put in the disc and get past the install option screen but then get prompted about a missing device driver. I looked for a hard drive and looks like the system isn't finding mine. I don't think there is anything wrong with the .iso or the disc. I've tried both x86 and x64, to no avail.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT-UD3H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD

Disc drive: SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

If you need any more information, please ask. I'm eager to get my new computer up and running but I don't want to go back to XP.

A:Brand New Computer - CD/DVD device drive

Is the HD registering in BIOS? Is the BIOS version current? Set the SATA controller to AHCI to start.

Remove all but 2 gig of RAM and retry booting DVD to Custom install.

Fill in your system specs in the bottom left of your post to get better help.

You say the booted DVD gets past install option screen but this is not at all clear. Can you select Custom install, then see the drives selection screen? Please give the exact error message.

How do you know your DVD is good? Have you tried booting it in another machine to see if it will show the Custom drives selection screen?

Install ImgBurn and select Verify Disk, load ISO in using file icon and make sure it says bootable in left hand text. Then put DVD in and click button to Verify both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49554-brand-new-computer-cd-dvd-device-drive.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to burn CDs. I managed to copy some pictures earlier, but now I close the CD drawer and it just spits it back out.

Tried another CD right out of the box, same thing.

Can you guys help?

Resolved: After re booting , opening and trying 6 brand new CDs, it finally stayed shut. I burned 1 CD and tried one of the previous CDs and it worked fine.

Thanks for trying

A:[Resolved] Help!! CD drive keeps rejecting brand new CDs?

edited: brain dead

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-help-cd-drive-keeps-rejecting-brand-new-cds.138457/
Relevancy 45.15%

My CD drive is just deathly slow. Its an LG CD-ROM, bought around christmas 05. Haven't screwed around with it. do i use dma? if so, how do i enable it? Its just so slow that i cant burn cds directly from it, because it cant keep up. It only gets up to about 30x in tests, and should get 48 or 52, cant remember.

A:Solved: slow brand new cd drive

http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-brand-new-cd-drive.505997/
Relevancy 45.15%

!!!HELP MEH PLZ!!!

Bought a new HD (dont care about files on other 1) put it in the comp and placed theses
CD's in it so windows xp would be there now when it starts up it says

start in safe mode
start in safe mode with networking
last working settings

blah blah blah....

and I cant do anything else with ti
the comp is lol

a dell
pentium 4
designed for windows xp
says dimension 3000 near power button
the hard drive i bought just came in a bag sum guy at teh store brought it to meh

thats about it srry for the lack of detail

Relevancy 45.15%

I'm new here but I thought I'd ask this question. I recently had some hard drive problems myself and may need to get a replacement (current drive failed).

Which hard drive brand do you prefer? I like Maxtor and Western Digital myself but I know that other brands make quality products as well.

I apologize if this has been posted before. I looked but couldn't find anything too similar...

Relevancy 45.15%

I was just wondering if there is any way to see what speed my hard drive is? My hard drive is pretty old and I was just curious how it compared to some of the new 7200RPM drives. Is there any way to access this info in either windows or BIOS? In device manager it says WDC WD600BB-32CXA0
Thanks

A:Hard drive brand and speed???

I found a couple of googles referencing your Western digital drive as being 7200rpm.Here`s one - http://www.ultratec.co.uk/stocklists/Search-ResShopnew.asp?model=WD600BB - 32CXA0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-brand-and-speed.44622/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone have a good word to say about Samsung hard drives? I know they are not "up there" in popularity with Seagate and Western Digital but sometimes I like to go with the underdog and every review of them I've sen has been good.

Relevancy 45.15%

All this techie stuff is Latin to me. So bear with me. I took Spanish in high school.

1. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505. I bought it used 4 years ago.
2. I am installing a brand new hard drive, fresh out of the box.
3. The drive that died on me was a Seagate Momentus 7200.1, 100GB, 7200 RPM, Firmware 8.04
4. I went online to best buy and micro center, but am in the dark regarding the driver interface. Since the laptop is pretty much dead in the water, how can I determine the it? I'll need to know that before I walk up to the kid in the store, right?
5. As soon as you tell me what I need to buy, I'll install it and then have some questions about installing Windows XP.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

A:Installing a brand new hard drive, what's next?

Hey Patrick,

Yes you check what the problem is in your lap before buying the HDD. So,
Does the laptop turns on without the hard disk? If so a message should appear there is no boot device.
If the lap works fine without the hard disk well you should buy the new one.
If the lap is pretty much dead well it is probably dead from every circuit on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-a-brand-new-hard-drive-whats-next.1087180/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently had a rootkit that corrupted my hard drive I accidentally disk NEW Brand drive installed opened spam in my e-mail account so I had to Brand NEW disk drive installed get a new one installed After I got the brand new hard drive and reinstalled everything my computer started Brand NEW disk drive installed running SLOWLY I reinstalled Miro w Thepiratebay org and noticed that the computer was slow after that even when those programs weren t open So I uninstalled everything possible that I didn t need including Miro Thepiratebay with a program called Revo Uninstaller I cleaned the disc space defragmented etc I read the BP s tutorial and followed all of those instructions in re having a slow computer I m not sure if this matters but I noticed that I have GB capacity with GB free free space I have no idea how GB are being used up I don t have any pictures videos or music downloaded although some may be hidden and I just can t find them With my old disk drive I always had free space I also noticed that I no longer have a D drive since the tech installed the new disk drive Not sure if that matters either I m not very knowledgeable with computers just enough to screw something up I have Windows XP Service Pack with Vipre Internet Security Malwarebytes Pro paid edition and I m using Mozilla Firefox I have some documents in word That s it Now the CPU is almost constantly spiking to Sometimes the computer freezes and I have to manually turn it off and back on again sometimes twice in a row When I open a nd screen it will partially appear on top of the st screen and then it takes seconds or so until it fully appears Someone told me to run a search of logs I found a few thousand quot edb quot logs but I read that they are important and I m afraid to erase or change anything I tried running the Vipre and Malwarebytes in safe mode I ve read everything possible on the topic of slow computers but nothing works or it is too advanced for me to do Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks -EILEENNOLA

A:Brand NEW disk drive installed

I reinstalled Miro w/ Thepiratebay.org and noticed that the computer was slow after that, I think you answered your own question. You downloaded something from Thepiratebay and it was probably infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434990/brand-new-disk-drive-installed/
Relevancy 45.15%

First I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so please direct me to the correct spot if incorrect.

I have a brand new Compaq and out of the box the D: drive which hosts all the system restore data is 93% full. I would like to dump some of it (dont need the space really), but just bugs me. All the files are locked. I know how to unlock and delete, but not sure if I should or if that will cause problems down the road.

They dont give you restore disks anymore just the hard disc partition.

Is there a way to increase the partition without disturbing any of the data? Should I just not worry about it? I have another 200+GB of space on the C: drive. Just bugging me is all. Thanks for any help.

A:Brand new Compaq out of space on D: drive

The D partition should be left alone, unless you want to go and buy a new copy of Windows.

Its sole purpose will be to house the OS restoration files, it needs no more space (nothing should be writing to it)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-compaq-out-of-space-on-d-drive.560538/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi .i am building a brand new computer .now i have a 250 drive with a lot of my info on it .is it possible to install it in my new computer with my new hard drive [500 gb].
i really need the info on that drive because this is were i have my key's for my window 7 .
i lost my sticker with the key's on it .
but i know that i have a pictures of them on my old drive .
i had to scrap my old board because she quit on me .
thank you

A:moving a old drive to a brand new computer

For sure, just plug it in and go.

You won't be able to use the windows install on it, but all your files will be

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293485-moving-old-drive-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,
my cd drive ( hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-t50f ) in my toshiba satellite l355 s7831 laptop
won't read my brand new pro tools 9 upgrade cd or the instrument expansion pack cd

it can read music cd's, and it can read my old protools 7 cd. i'm wondering if there's a new format of DVD that it might be burned to so my drive can't understand it?

i also just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on my computer.
and the driver for my cd/dvd drive is installed,
i erased upper and lower filters in regedit
i used driver genius to install all my drivers

and the new cd's i'm trying to read DO work in my girlfriends laptop

if anyone has any ideas it would be so greatly appreciated,

thank u so much

A:cd drive cant read brand new Pro Tools 9 CD

Is this a DVD?
Can you read other DVDs?
It's possible you need to replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-cant-read-brand-new-pro-tools-9-cd.982291/
Relevancy 45.15%

New hard drive installed and all i'm getting is NTLDR is missing...ctrl alt del to restart.... and restarting does nothing. I ran a diskwizard which told me to remove the cd, put my windows xp cd in and reboot. This install is going nowhere and my computer is useless. I've installed windows once before but never a new blank hard drive. What's the secret? I'd hate to take the thing in and pay a tech, this should be a simple thing to do. Before running the diskwizard all i got was the setup menu or the option to reboot and nothing else, just kept going back and forth with those two.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have looked at many threads on the forums but cannot see any obvious answer so please bear with me I have just bought not recognisable Flash Brand new drive USB 3.0 a Brand new USB 3.0 Flash drive not recognisable new GB USB flash drive which states that it is compatible with USB I have tried plugging it in to the USB ports of three different computers with the same results and lack of success All three seemed to recognise the new device and installed the 'necessary' drivers If I go in to Start - gt Computer the device shows up as Removable Disk However if I right click and show Properties it shows the file system as unknown and both the Used and Free space as bytes Double clicking the icon yields a quot Please insert a disk into Removable Disk E quot message I have tried following the thread about using DISKPART to format the device but it stated that there was no media connected I bought the USB flash drive in order to test the USB ports that I have just installed on one of the computers It gives the same results on those However I cannot state for sure whether the USB ports work correctly as this is the first USB device I have They do however function correctly with USB flash drives Can anybody help Have I simply got a duff USB flash drive I don't want to return it to the supplier if there is something that I have not done correctly Do I need to install some more fancy drivers Does it need to be formatted first somehow How can I if it it is not recognised Any help appreciated BR

A:Brand new USB 3.0 Flash drive not recognisable

does it work on any PC?
if not, it is broke.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361301-brand-new-usb-3-0-flash-drive-not-recognisable.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm migrating to a brand new g103dx laptop annd trying to load Office from a DVD - but the drive spins for a minute or so, stops, and does not launch the EXE. How do I get the DVD drive to let me load my program?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/DVD-Drive-on-brand-new-g103dx-Notebook-won-t-read-DVD/td-p/5703539
Relevancy 44.29%

The actual problem I am encountering is that I get a "asms file is needed" message and I have no idea what to do from here. I investigated several threads that my search took me to but the threads have been closed and I didnt find and solutions. I have the original WXP pro install disc and SP2 & SP3. I am not at all PC savvy so I need help with what to do from here. Can someone please help?

A:Trouble installing WinXP pro on brand new drive

Is that an actual XP Pro CD, and is it XP original or XP SP1?

If you've installed a new hard drive, it needs to be formatted before you can install XP Pro in it.

The XP Pro CD does all the work - if that's what you have.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-winxp-pro-on-brand-new-drive.981397/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello i just recived my new WD Elements 3TB Exteral drive and at find it worked fine and i was copy files to it and it seem to of froze and the files stopped copying(using TeraCopy) so i pressed cancel to stop the transfer and it wouldnt stop so i just unplugged the drive and now it doesnt show up in windows anymore. I went into Disk Management and it shows up but i cannot do anything to it. The Initilize disk pops up and i click GBP and it fails and says Media is write protected. Im totally confused can anyone help me fix it?

A:Brand new WD Elements 3TB drive stopped showing up.

With the drive plugged in, could you post a screen shot of disk management? It might give a clue as to what's gone wrong. Also, open device manager and click on the + sign next to disk drives. You should see your internal drive and the external WD drive listed. Double click on the WD drive and a dialog box with several tabs should open. On the general tab it should indicate if the drive is working properly. If it's not, you should be able to click on a troubleshoot button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/220394-brand-new-wd-elements-3tb-drive-stopped-showing-up.html
Relevancy 44.29%

There are basic types of hard If brand a please this!!! new installing are drive you read then hard drive that most people will want to install They are - Pata also called ide and ata Easy to recognise as they If you are installing a brand new hard drive then please read this!!! have a large pin socket and jumper settings And - Sata both sata and are set up in the same way They are easy to recognise as they don t have a way socket but have a way instead There are also scsi hard drives but i doubt may people will be using them so i will not be dealing with them in this post Pata - Pata s will connect via a way data cable that has plugs on it excluding the one that plugs into the mobo It is VERY VERY important to get the jumper settings correct or THEY WILL NOT WORK There are basic jumper settings cable select master and slave The easiest way to set them up is to use cable select The mobo itself will then assign master and slave as it sees fit Usually it will set the drive on the end plug as master and the other one as a slave If you are running more than pata drive on the same cable then you must insure they are both set to cable select or that is set to master and is set to slave Having both set to master WILL NOT WORK and having both set to slave WILL NOT WORK Once that is set correctly most mobo s will be happy and boot fine if yours doesn t then you will need to check the bois settings The instructions for doing this will be in your mobo manual Sata - Only device is catered for per cable so there is no need for jumper settings Its just a case of making sure your bios picks it up correctly again you will need to refer to your mobo manual for instructions If after properly installing your hard drive and checking the bios out it still doesn t show up in windows then it probably requires formatting For windows XP Pro right click on your quot my computer quot and select manage storage then disk management Locate your new drive on the right hand side and right click and use the format wizard Once all that is done you should have a new hard drive installed and working properly Enjoy P S I only have XP Pro so if anyone else can add the formatting procedure for other windows versions then please feel free to do so nbsp

A:If you are installing a brand new hard drive then please read this!!!

One minor correction to avoid potential confusion. It's really a 40 pin, 80 wire cable. Most will know what you mean, however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-you-are-installing-a-brand-new-hard-drive-then-please-read-this.60060/
Relevancy 44.29%

i'm planning to get another external hard drive....since my last one is kinda dead....can someone suggest any good brand for external hard drive??

is LeCie any good???

A:What's a good brand for External hard drive??

I would think whatever brand is good for the internal hardisk would hold true for an external. I like Maxtor/Seagate products, but I'm pretty sure they are not the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-brand-for-external-hard-drive.88973/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all I ve recently built a system from scratch and I m having trouble formatting my new hard drive The drive is a western Digital Raptor GD and I initially went to set it up with a boot disk utility I have with Windows not yet installed Using FDISK I a do new correctly partition How and format drive? you brand went to create a partition and promptly forgot how to do it So here is the problem I want to format the drive How do you correctly partition and format a brand new drive? as FAT however after creating my partition DOS would only allow me to use NTFS Furthermore it only saw the drive as having gb or so creating a partition of about mb saying this was But it is a gb drive I tried various other approaches such as turning hard disk support off and re-partitioning which allowed me to format as FAT but would only see it as gb So I ve installed windows on another HDD I had lying around which has allowed me to access the Raptor as a separate drive This has finally helped me format it as FAT yet windows still only reads it as having gb I know that you always lose a few gb here or there and that windows won t see the whole gb but missing almost bg seems quite a difference to me What have I been doing wrong with this process Does anyone know how to properly partition and format a disk so that you get as much free space as possible access to gb of a supposed gb disk would be nice Or can anyone recommend a good partitioning formatting app or disk management utility even a decent boot disk utility recommendation would be great nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

hi i wanted to install nero today on my 1 month old computer, it is a win 7 computer. yeah so basicly i put in the disk and you can hear it spinning but nothing shows up even in my computer, then i took the cd out and went into my computer and there iis no cd drive??
then i right clicked on computer clicked manage and then went into deviice management then i right clicked slim dvd... and clicked properties, this comes up...Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there.

I have an old emachines 590 computer with a recovery cd that came with it.

I am wanting to upgrade the hard drive to a bigger one as the standard one is 60GB and is very nearly full.

Will the recovery cd work on a new hard drive and install windows and the drivers etc, OR can it only be used on the original hard drive?

I would think that as long as the motherboard hasn't changed, that the recovery cd will work on a different hard drive, but just wanted to check before!

Thanks very much,

Craig

A:Using EMachines Recovery CD on a brand new hard drive?

The recovery CD should work as long as only the hard drive has been changed. If you have installed any new hardware, you will have to reinstall the drivers for it as this recovery CD will not contain them. If you have replaced some hardware with new one (such as the wi-fi card, for instance), then this can cause problems ranging from the relatively benign inability to use the wi-fi functionality until you reinstall its drivers, all the way to inability to boot into windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-emachines-recovery-cd-on-a-brand-new-hard-drive-334611.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought a brand new transcend disk drive to read a new disk, but once I put it in the disk drive LED light flashes green for a while and then goes out. Nothing is shown on the computer either.

A:Brand new Transcend disk drive LED has problems

I assume this is a CD/DVD drive. Does it show up as one of your drives?Does it show up in Device Manager?Have you tried restarting the computer with the drive connected?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/brand-new-transcend-disk-drive-led-has-problems/650.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys,

I'm replacing a dead hard drive from my dell dimension pc with a brand new hard drive. I have an xp installation cd, can somebody remind me of the steps I need take to prepare my new hard drive (once it's all plugged in) for the installation of XP. Haven't done this in ages so would really appreciate a reminder!

Thanks

Jacob

A:Installing XP on brand new hard drive... need a reminder!

This is all you need to know friend. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsys...nstxpclean1.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351403/installing-xp-on-brand-new-hard-drive-need-a-reminder/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just got a new desktop HP Pavilion a n Used the Easy transfer program and cable to bring files settings etc from old emachines pc to the new machine running Vista Home Premuim Now I m getting a message every few minutes that the Recovery D drive is full Drive C has tons of room left of GB free However Drive D has of GB free Can t seem to get a read on the space being occupied by D s contents Recovery last modified before I bought this machine System restore last modified after I bought the machine Aluria Cache file before I bought it Using the recovery new drive and computer full? Brand Disk cleanup I can quot use Dsk Cleanup to free bytes of disk space on Recovery D quot Well obviously that doesn Brand new computer and recovery drive full? t help Spoke with someone at HP Brand new computer and recovery drive full? and he couldn t figure it out Couple questions A Is this Brand new computer and recovery drive full? a concern B What is this drive used for and if it s full what will happen when it is needed C If the only part of D that has been modified since I bought the computer is the quot System Restore quot did I import something from the old machine that is too large D If so what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Brand new computer and recovery drive full?

is the D drive another partition?

Most new systems are full of bloatware. Remove it with CCleaner (Free)

turn off system restore when using CCleaner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-computer-and-recovery-drive-full.78460/
Relevancy 44.29%

hi

a little while ago my hard disk broke so i just bought a new one to replace it.

now im just a little concerned about my windows XP activation key. if i use the same key i used on the old (and now broken) drive, will it still work on my new drive? or do i have to buy another copy or something to get it working?

ive tried a dozen things to get my old drive back in order but nothing worked so i threw it out. i know that i cant use the same key on multiple machines but im just wondering will Windows be able to recognise the fact that im upgrading now?

thanks

A:HDD broke, installing windows on a brand new drive

give it a try worse thing is you will have to call ms and explain to them what happened and see if they will five ypu a new key

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hdd-broke-installing-windows-on-a-brand-new-drive-462068.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just bought myself a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After switching it on and going through the initial setup, one of the first actions I want to do is to create me a recovery drive (on a USB stick).

So I start the Recovery Drive wizard but after a minute or so of "Please wait..." I get:
"We can't create the recovery drive
A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive"

Hallo, Microsoft? WTF is this supposed to mean? Why can't I create me such a safety net on a brand new plain vanilla SP4? I haven't done or installed anything, yet, that could possible interfere with that process. So why is this not working as one would expect?

And why is there not the slightest hint WHY this is not working or what kind of error occurred here and what one could possibly do to fix this?

A:Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - can't create a Recovery Drive!?!

I hate those generic error messages without any explanation or error code

Meanwhile, did you try another USB drive just in case?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/55878-brand-new-microsoft-surface-pro-4-cant-create-recovery-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok I ave a Acer Aspire series laptop It recently gave me a bunch of errors about a fixed disk and I came here for help turns out the hard drive was failing so some of the members on this site told me to replace it I had bought that previous one on ebay which was a mistake I just purchased a new gb EIDE hard drive from Western Digital I installed XP on it but every few times I reboot the computer I get an error saying failed fixed disk I have read and some people say the motherboard some say the connectors cmos - 0 Disk New Drive HELP!! Fixed Brand Hard Error etc I really can t afford to continue to replace things in the computer if it s not broken in the first place ow can I find out the root to tis issue without having to replace multiple things I need tis computer for school and can t just afford to go Fixed Disk Error 0 - Brand New Hard Drive HELP!! buy a new one Please help nbsp

A:Fixed Disk Error 0 - Brand New Hard Drive HELP!!

also if it's the motherboard thats failing, how long could this hard drive/computer last me? I would like to return my hard drive if the computer is just going to give me issues in a week, but if it will last me a few months/year with just giving me an error every so often I will keep t. Please any suggestions!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-disk-error-0-brand-new-hard-drive-help.723713/
Relevancy 43.86%

purchased this product two months ago and we go to turn it on and states no hard drive?? Is there a fix for this? We just got this thing. 

A:HP 15 NOTEBOOK PC - FAILURE TO LOCATE HARD DRIVE - BRAND NEW...

The hard drive cable may have lost a secure connection-partially unplugged, which happens on occasion with transporting,etc. Unfortunately, on the newer models it is not a simple task of removing a panel on bottom to check the cable. I would suggest to call HP Support for service. >>Contact HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-15-NOTEBOOK-PC-FAILURE-TO-LOCATE-HARD-DRIVE-BRAND-NEW/td-p/5723610
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok here is my issue nbsp I just purchased a brand new HP computer with a T hard drive nbsp However I have a new SSD drive that I want to be the primary drive nbsp I have the new computer set up but I have not turned it on because I want to clone the pre-bootup image with the recovery partition intact to the SSD drive nbsp The SSD to SSD brand image Cloning drive. smaller new computer drive is around GB so it should all fit nbsp I looked a programs like Clonezilla but it says that I can't go to a smaller drive and it is not clear if it will copy the recovery partition as well nbsp It does sound like I can boot it go through the set up shrink the partition and do it that way but I really Cloning brand new computer image to smaller SSD drive. wanted to start with a quot factory quot image nbsp And I don't Cloning brand new computer image to smaller SSD drive. know if doing that will capture the recovery partition as well If anyone has done this or something similar I would appreciate some advice Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/291d3487-5ad6-451b-8b5e-2e8f82970ed2/cloning-brand-new-computer-image-to-smaller-ssd-drive?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 43.86%

So I have a week old laptop and as of today I realize that it can't read CDs. I go into the device manager and the dvd drive gives me a code 19. I went to the HP support website and it tells me to enter the registry and delete a certain file. The particular file is not found. I tried uninstalling and updating the drive and neither work.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Cd-drive-error-code-19/td-p/2587579

that's the support website and none of the solutions work.

I am getting light from the disc driver, so I know it's connected to the MOBO.
What else can I do ?

A:BRAND NEW hp laptop cant recognize cd/dvd drive. Error code 19.

Since its brand new and has a warranty maybe you can take it back and get another one that works.brand new laptops in theory should be trouble free at least for awhile anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-hp-laptop-cant-recognize-cd-dvd-drive-error-code-19.1120615/
Relevancy 43.86%

I bought a brand new U12-43837 Ultra 500GB external hard drive but as soon as I hook it up to the computer, the computer recognizes the drive, installs the driver, makes the hardware insert sound, but the drive does not appear in My Computer, nor does it appear in Disk Management. A few threads on here say to do certain things with the drive in Disk Management i.e. change drive letter, but the drive doesn't even show up in Disk Management so I cannot do that. Where do I go from here?

A:brand new external drive not showing up (not even in disk management!)

Hi,
From a search this looks like just an enclosure and does not come with a hard drive inside it already = sold separately :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388637-brand-new-external-drive-not-showing-up-not-even-disk-management.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello The last two times I've posted here were regarding some personal PC issues but now this problem extends to a friend A friend and I just finished building a gaming PC for him Part list is located here http pcpartpicker com p L TN A little background on this build the BIOS on the motherboard was incompatible with his CPU so we put the CPU from my rig into his installed the OS onto the Samsung SSD then updated the BIOS When we put the k back into his PC it booted just fine albeit for an SSD it was very slow which is a separate issue To my knowledge Windows installed correctly No errors in the installation process no errors during the BIOS flash it runs just fine aside from the slow boot The SSD is listed as the Windows a drive brand 8.1 formatting new hard build new on not C drive and has all the capabilities of a normal hard drive Windows 8.1 not formatting a new hard drive on brand new build The entire OS is on there I have the same Samsung running Windows boots up in about - seconds I also have the same Seagate HDD and had no problems turning it into a single partition and formatting it again on Windows On his PC the Seagate is recognized under the device manager and it shows up in the disk management interface It can't be used of course because it's not formatted It also shows up in the sata ports in the BIOS However the Seagate HDD will not format through the disk management interface The memory partition is healthy and the capacity seems to be correct but every attempt to format NTFS will simply error out with 'the drive cannot be formatted' or something At first after doing some troubleshooting we checked the BIOS and only his SSD and optical drive were showing up in the ports So I had him switch to a different sata port and now it is showing up in the BIOS as well However it will still not format His BIOS time is around seconds on start up whereas mine on my laptop with no SSD is around And it runs more start up processes with a slightly older CPU I've exhausted all my knowledge and I'm beginnign to wonder if the drive is broken or if the sata cable is bad What else could be preventing a new HDD formatting Is there a chance we screwed something up in the BIOS All of our attempts to format the HDD were using the 'quick format' option Later attempts were without this but it would run for an absurdely long time with nothing apparently happening He's going to check out a PC repair place tomorrow and hopefully get an HDD diagnostic

A:Windows 8.1 not formatting a new hard drive on brand new build

In his bios setup screen there should be an option to ' load performace defaults'

Did you install the motherboard drivers after windows 8?

If you think it could be the cable .. Try a different one?  Make sure you didnt connect his sata drive to any RAID connector on the motherboard.  It should be put in SATA 1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563392/windows-81-not-formatting-a-new-hard-drive-on-brand-new-build/
Relevancy 43.86%

Alright. I am somewhat a beginner to this. My mother wants to buy a small laptop (13.3'' toshiba t130D). When I went to the store to buy it, the salesman told me that I need to pay 85$ to get windows 7 installed on it since it has NO OPTICAL DRIVE. It seems like a rip-off... I was wondering... because I have no exterior dvd drive, is there ANY way else that I could use to install Windows 7 on that laptop since it is brand new. Can I use a USB key? Or that is only possible when a computer already has an OS installed on it? Is having an exterior drive the only possible way to install this? Can I use the disc drive of my pc? Any suggestion is appreciated!

A:Install Wndows 7 without an optical drive on a brand new computer?

USB will work just fine. Once you get the thumb drive set up it will even install faster than from a cdrom.

HOW TO: Install Windows 7 from a USB stick

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/86700-install-wndows-7-without-optical-drive-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 43.86%

it was working fine this morning, and i'd left my computer copying files on to it all day, and when i got back to it just now it started telling me that this hard drive doesn't exist.. it had it as g:, and i have another one plugged in now called f: (which is showing up okay), and my computer's hard drive is split in two, c and d, so it's not a name confusion thing.. just stopped working all of a sudden, even its little light isn't lighting up.. .. i managed to use it fine once before, to copy files on to (needed to do that so i didn't lose everything when i wiped my computer's hd, for another reason (most stubborn virus i've ever met)).. .. so what should i do now? is my stuff still salvagable?

A:WD hard drive, almost brand new, not showing up in my computer all of a sudden

Is it an external hdd? You could start Disk Management (press start, and run diskmgmt.msc). If your hdd shows up there you can right click and assign a new drive letter.
You can also try to connect it to another computer.

Sadly it's also possible that your hard drive just died, even if it's new. In that case you should return it to wherever you bought it and get a replacement, but your data could be difficult to recover (maybe it's possible, but very expensive). One of my Transcend external drives stopped working after only a few weeks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-drive-almost-brand-new-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-all-of-a-sudden.169342/
Relevancy 43.86%

i bought a seagate 500gb 2.5" SATA hard drive from amazon for my ps3 i also got a 250gb plain external drive from wal-mart its also a seagate i successfuly reformated the 250gb to 32 fat for use with my ps3 to back up my system but when i tried to fromat the 500gb my computer wont even reconize it when i plug it in... so im stuck also i should point out that i just bought the hard drive with out the case since i planned on puting it in my ps3 so i had to take apart an old hard drive my roomate had and used the chip thing from it to plug the hard drive into my computer his hard drive was an 80gb idk what brand anyways help would be very apriciated -thanx

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi folks I m wondering if anyone can answer this question for me I recently rebuilt my computer ripped out the drive put in a new one partitioned it etc etc As part of the rebuild I bought a new Western Digital External Hard Drive from BestBuy that I m using as a back-up drive where I d copied the contents of my old drive minus software and programs Just my old files The new drive comes loaded with a few programs and folders Acrobat Skype Google toolbars and desktop Picasa I haven t run the install on any of these folders Frankly I Western Drive Ext. New Digital Hard Brand Infected? just want an empty drive so I m tempted to just erase these folders In any case at some point today I copied my old files back to my new hard-drive And then I installed BitDefender on my computer and ran a scan the computer Brand New Western Digital Ext. Hard Drive Infected? is NOT hooked up to Brand New Western Digital Ext. Hard Drive Infected? the internet yet The scan included a scan of my WD External Brand New Western Digital Ext. Hard Drive Infected? And -- surprise surprise -- the scan comes up with warning telling me that one of those prepackaged Google files on that drive is infected The file is GoogleToolbarInstaller pt-BR exe and the trojan it s telling me I m infected with is W MalwareHiderPatched-based Maximus Is it really possible that the new HardDrive is infected I did connect the hard-drive to a second computer in order to re-copy my old files to a THIRD hard-drive and that computer is connected to the internet But BitDefender has told me that that computer is clean Which means the infection either i came prepacked on the new HardDrive or ii came through my second online computer avoided installing itself there migrated directly to my external drive and inserted itself directly onto that drive If the new external is infected have I now infected all of my old files and presumably the fresh computer to which I just copied all of those old files Can I just DELETE the TOOLBAR pt-BR exe file that BitDefender has reported and be free to use the new hard-drive I am like the Typhoid Mary of online viruses I never go online with my work computers I don t download I run security software and only one firewall and yet I seem to get at least one virus year It s ridiculous Can someone give me some direction here Is it possible the BitDefender report was false Can I just erase the file Thanks a million Don

A:Brand New Western Digital Ext. Hard Drive Infected?

I've never purchased a new Hard Drive that was pre-loaded with anything from any supplier.I may be wrong here, but me thinks you've been given a used drive?Send it back to start and get another.Thereafter address your questions again in the "Am I infected" forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126618/brand-new-western-digital-ext-hard-drive-infected/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi all i have been searching here and see lots of related problems but not my exact problem here goes sony vaio running hard new won't external show files? brand drive xp sp yesterday we purchased a fantom titanium GB hard drive for backing up extensive photo and music as well as word data the back up seemed to go fine we used the backup wizard in xp however now after the backup is complete clicking on the icon only brings us a message about quot windows needs to know what program created this file in order to open it quot that is not the exact message but you get brand new external hard drive won't show files? the idea The quot files quot themselves don t show in the external hard drive window when we open it Is that normal I had an idea that i could click on F drive we allocated f as the external hard drive and it would show me specifically which files we loaded onto it how can brand new external hard drive won't show files? we be sure they are there the reason we are so consumed with whether or not the files quot show quot is a second problem which I have posted else where here but is that the usb ports on the desktop pc all fried simultaneously and so we need to do a system restore to try to get them working again and had to back up everything just in case thanks a million nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-external-hard-drive-wont-show-files.612227/
Relevancy 43.43%

media centre in fact no media player will play certian dvd,s although all other players in house or friends no problem!! Think it may be optical drive prob.(tsst corpcd/dvdw ts-l632d if any one knows of a solution to this please help!!!!! Have looked long and hard opinions seem to go towards compatabilaty with vista prob although could well be drivers prob although toshiba will not have this! there is a lot of bad press about this drive on line>. Either Microsoft or Toshiba need to sort this.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/230313-media-centre-can-not-find-dvd-drive-but-its-there-i-assure-you-brand-new-movie.html
Relevancy 43.43%

will any brand hard drive work on dell desktop systems??
i have been told they don't??
wanted to ask be fore i tried it.

A:will any brand hard drive work on dell desktop systems

Hm im not sure, i own a dell and i'm pretty sure you can use any type of drive so long as your computer supports it. Such as, dont get a sata drive if you dont have sata connectors. I'm pretty sure any IDE drive would work with a Dell. However Dells tend to be on the cheaper side and dont always have expansion bays for a second (or third) hard drive . Open your case or look at your manual to make sure you have room for expansion before buying one. If you don't, simply buy an external one that connects VIA usb. Because I think firewire doesnt come standard on most dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-any-brand-hard-drive-work-on-dell-desktop-systems.51443/
Relevancy 43%

I just added a second hard drive (160gig) to my computer. Obviously, I have my C: Drive as my primary drive and the new drive is mostly going to store my music and video files. I will access my music daily but the video files not nearly as much.

I just installed the drive successfully but it was only set up with one partition. I think I read somewhere that large drives should have more than one partition....is that true? Is the drive currently set up to give me max performance?

Before I start moving anything to the drive I just wanted to double-check that I've got it set up right. Like I said, it's installed properly and it is ready to have data stored on it, but I chose the default partition set up and I wasn't sure if I should have done a custom set up.

Mike

A:Solved: Question about setting Partition size on brand new 160gig drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-setting-partition-size-on-brand-new-160gig-drive.349970/
Relevancy 43%

hello Hoping you can help I have a Asus running Windows recently its been lagging quite a lot a week ago I started having issues even just getting to websites like Youtube and it would freeze up I ran a disk cleaner defragment which said only fragmented I also ran virus scans both Microsoft Essentials as well as Malwarebyes cleaner last night again I was lagging horribly when I checked My Computer it showed my C Drive was in the Red and veryyyy near full Yet my Partitioned D - with then black Laptop Full to on Drive only dash brand screen name comes C on sits drive showed near empty This morning I rebooted the laptop as soon as it powered up to show Asus from that screen it goes to a black screen with a dash that s all I get Ive tried C Drive Full - Laptop only comes on to brand name then sits on black screen with dash to remove the battery and unplug nothing seems to help im at a loss Im hoping to get into the lappy to I can transfer and delete filoes from C drive Any help would be greatly appreciated Is My laptop dead in the water or can I fix this Tx for your help in advance nbsp

A:C Drive Full - Laptop only comes on to brand name then sits on black screen with dash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-full-laptop-only-comes-on-to-brand-name-then-sits-on-black-screen-with-dash.1113377/
Relevancy 43%

Dell Inspiron series arrived yesterday afternoon Just been trying to set it up and having trouble with the DVD drive - doesn t recognise anything that is loaded Makes all the right noises tray opens and closes LED works whirring spinning sound as expected But nothing showing in windows explorer No drive appears No autoplay Have stepped through the auto supportassist feature no reported problems with anything Device manager showing that the DVD drive is connected and Dell recognising not 10 new series, drive 5000 windows brand DVD/CD media, working as it DVD/CD drive not recognising media, brand new Dell 5000 series, windows 10 should Drivers are saying up to date The only one time I managed to get the laptop to recognise something in the DVD tray was actually when I went into device manager and clicked on the update driver button It seemed DVD/CD drive not recognising media, brand new Dell 5000 series, windows 10 to trigger something that made the disc inside spin and the drive appeared briefly in windows explorer But since then it either displayed the contents of that one disc even when different discs were loaded subsequently and since rebooting has gone back to not showing anything Same story whether CDs DVDs software etc Of course Dell support are not available until monday when i m back at work Hopeless Is there something obvious i m missing Have I not set up the new laptop properly I followed all the instructions on screen when first booting and been through everything in the quick start guide twice now Any advice greatfully recieved Tom

A:DVD/CD drive not recognising media, brand new Dell 5000 series, windows 10

Use the support web site instead of phone. That is available 24/7. One thing to try if you haven't already is Windows Update with several reboots/retries until there is nothing more available.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19663540
Relevancy 43%

Dream Machine bad brand good brand What is your Dream Machine I mean spec but realistic example not a time machine and what brand? good bad Dream brand? Machine, component brand you have bad experience with and what brand you very worship heres my Dream Dream Machine, bad brand? good brand? Spec - AMD Athlon FX- quad-core - dual gb internal hdd rpm mb cache - Blue Ray burner - gig Buffalo Firestix rams - dual XT gig version in crossfire mode - E-Mu M channels sound card - Physx card - Killer Nic card - Altec Lansing FX watts surround sound system - watt Antec TruePower Quattro psu - Windows Vista Ultimate bit - liquid cooling - custom see through hard plastic glass case - gigantic fan that cover each side of the case - red lighting fancy neon colors - every components all red color like ram video card mobo etc - Machine name The Blood Demon I chose amd processor cause so far I have no problem with amd cpu I have bad experience with intel cpu s got celeron mhz and it auto reboot often and sometimes wont boot got pentium ghz on laptop and it is out of order for less than years of purchase got pentium ghz and going to folder full of pictures seems slower than my athlon winchester chose dual gb instead of one piece tb hdd is cause as i study theres no tb that has rpm so ill go with dual gb rpm mb cache instead chose blu ray over hd dvd is just felt like it chose buffalo firestix ram is cause i really admire and worship buffalo brand last time i bought a used dirty no antena junk looking buffalo router at ebay and it works flawlessly no random disconnect nothing at all before i bought a Dlink router brand new sealed and it disconnect me randomly and oftenly like evry min it disconnect me and auto connect itself even i bought brand new sealed i never deal with Dlink again and buffalo really made me proud so buffalo brand got my credit so now i am pretty sure all their product are reliable and good although it dont seems that they are not a pure specializing ram company such like crucial or kingston but i really think they are great on ram too gig ram to assure no sudden hicup lagg exist stable and steady performance oh yeah I bought PNY ram and inside wasnt PNY ram it was something else will never tust PNY again and will never deal with PNY product again Buffalo is the most trusted brand for me chose ati radeon hd xt is cause i have always use ati cards and have never have a problem been using x se x pro and x xt and no problem at all also i notice myself that ati has better image quality sharp and brilliant colors i mena usually i always hear ati has great image quality but never see it for myself and now i experience myself that ati is truly have superior image quality i took game screenshots and compare with others with ultra and gt on max settings and mannn my ati x xt card are indeed superior image quality deep sharp and brilliant color also ati tends to have more shader power than nvidia cards so its a crysis proof since crysis diffinitely eats alot of shader power and ati card will be perfect for crysis chose E-Mu for sound card is that I have bad experience with creative lab I bought the basic bucks creative lab sound card bit it have driver problem like sometimes it will randomly set itself to channel when i already set to it did it often and sometimes it made one of the speaker dont work I had to reboot to make it work Will never deal with Creative Lab again although i have not try their high end sound card but still i have a feeling that i dont trust it chose Physx card for realistic atmosphere and physics movements chose Killer Nic card to boost up connection reduce connection lagg especially a great idea if you playing a mmorpg that the server located at Malaysia and you re from USA such as a mmo called Perfect World connection lagg like the sound of attacks will delay and the attack animation are delay I always have connection lagg problem when playing games that hosted in malaysia when im in USA and im sure Killer Nic... Read more

A:Dream Machine, bad brand? good brand?

That little lot wouldn't be any good without a mobo tho.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dream-machine-bad-brand-good-brand.89342/
Relevancy 43%

I just unpacked my custom build and got it turned Brand wireless? 7.. new no windows Brand computer, new on Brand new computer, Brand new windows 7.. no wireless? went to try and get the internet working and for the life of me i can't figure it out I don't even have a little wireless bar down in the right hand corner when i try to connect to a network in network and sharing center it wants me to plug in an ethernet cable But i want wireless Also in the side panel of Network and sharing center i don't even have the option for wireless i have Change adapter settings and Change advanced sharing settings I try to set up a new connection or network and Connect to the internet the only way it asks me to connect is by broadband PPPoE If i try set up a new network it asks me to choose the wireless router or access point i want to configure might take up to seconds for networks to appear but nothing pops up Anyone have any ideas

A:Brand new computer, Brand new windows 7.. no wireless?

In Device Manager, Network Adapters, is your wireless shown?

If yes, is the driver installed? If no, is it enabled in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34965-brand-new-computer-brand-new-windows-7-no-wireless.html
Relevancy 43%

I installed a brand new hard drive in my hp pavilion ze4630 and even when booting from the the Win XP disk it does not see the new hard drive. I tried using a Win Me disk in an attempt format from dos but unit does not boot into dos. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK4025GAS and i did not find a driver on their site. What do i need to do to initialize a virgin hard drive ? Also tried installing as slave drive to my desktop and format with functioning Win XP but it also did not see the drive. Thanks for assistance with this matter.

A:Hard drive formatting instruction for brand new hard drive

rskin2001 said:

I installed a brand new hard drive in my hp pavilion ze4630 and even when booting from the the Win XP disk it does not see the new hard drive. I tried using a Win Me disk in an attempt format from dos but unit does not boot into dos. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK4025GAS and i did not find a driver on their site. What do i need to do to initialize a virgin hard drive ? Also tried installing as slave drive to my desktop and format with functioning Win XP but it also did not see the drive. Thanks for assistance with this matter.Click to expand...

Can you see the drive in the BIOS setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-formatting-instruction-for-brand-new-hard-drive.467932/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys,

I hav a brand new Sony Vaio E-Series which is 2 months old. It runs Windows 7 Home Premuim edition. I deleted the Recovery partiotion and re-partioned c: drive into 3 drives - c:, d: and e:

Everything was fine for 2 months. Suddenly today when i boot, i got the BOOTMGR is missing Error.

I put in a Windows 7 installation dvd and tried to fix the startup. But it didnt help.. When i tried to explore command prompt and system restore options.. I noticed a wierd thing..

The drive assignment has been modified. My Windows partition which was originally c: is now shown as e:. And my original e: is being shown as c:.

So, If I manage to change the drive assignments, the problem should be fixed. But how can I do it? In command prompt or using Windows recovery options?

Thanks for all your help and guidance...

A:BOOTMGR is missing Error on brand new Sony Vaio - Drive letter issue

Attached is a screenshot of bcdedit command..
Any help would be greatly appretiated..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89157-bootmgr-missing-error-brand-new-sony-vaio-drive-letter-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I want a 2TB portable external hard drive with USB 3.0 or equivalent.

Any brands to avoid?

So far I haven't seen anything under $109 for my specifications..

I should be able to use the portable with my desktop until I transfer to a laptop, shouldn't I?

Home Edition
Version 2002
32-bit
Service Pack 3

Dell DIMENSION DIM2400
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.66 Ghz. 2.00 GB of RAM
Hard Drive Size 111.72 GB
Free Space 37.3 GB

planning to move soon to state of art processing power and at least 8GB RAM

A:Suggestions please for good brand & place for great deal on external hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-please-for-good-brand-place-for-great-deal-on-external-hard-drive.1108300/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there I recently recovered from a severe virus and then was uninstalling programs and damaged my hard drive Dell came and reinstalled a new hard drive with Windows on it Lost everything except that during the virus fiasco I saved my important documents online Before I start using my computer regularly I would like to protect it properly so that this doesn t happen again I have already downloaded Malwarebytes Anti Malware from the link provided on this forum What should I download to protect me in real-time and while surfing the internet this virus time protect need myself New other issues, recover properly drive OS, Brand hard around from to recent and I don t want a program that will ask me every two seconds if I will allow it to make changes etc Like SpyBot Any input would be appreciated I want to make sure that this doesn t happen again Also what is a good way to keep my system backed up when I don t have a disk drive or a flash drive large enough all I have is a GB Thanks for your help

A:Brand New OS, recent recover from virus and other hard drive issues, need to protect myself properly this time around

Well you can use the free versions of internet security such as avg, avast, and avira. They are all good proformas and you can also use the paid versions of these programs. You may also look into kaspersky which is what I use for most of my systems. Also get rid of spybot, it had its day but its no longer what it used to be.

On another note if your saying that Dell switched out a hard drive because it was damaged due to the virus damaging it that's actually not possible. Did they say it was a virus or do you assume it was? Also if they said that their was a virus their is no reason to switch out the hard drive.

If you paid for them to come in and do the work I suggest you find out exactly what they did. If they tell you that it was a virus and they you needed to get a new hard drive I suggest that you demand your money back. But if it was under warranty then it doesn't really matter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427159/brand-new-os-recent-recover-from-virus-and-other-hard-drive-issues-need-to-protect-myself-properly-this-time-around/
Relevancy 42.14%

just purchased a new multi-disc drive that is faster. i don't wanna manually take out the older internal drives. how can i disable them? and by disabling them, will my speed/RAM increase?
thanx.

A:Brand new ext dvd-r drive, what now of old int. drive(s)?

You could disable the internal drives in the Bios but if the new drive connects with USB then disabling them won't give you any extra speed or Ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-ext-dvd-r-drive-what-now-of-old-int-drive-s.723679/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell laptop. When comparing as new products and not taking into account that Dell wont warranty the product if I use a non-Dell battery, is there a big difference between brand name batteries and so-called generic replacement batteries? I mean, do the generic batteries last just as long as the genuine Dell batteries?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I just purchased a microsoft zune mp player brown gb I have loaded all my music that s problem Brand Zune, new Brand new compatible and my video files and a few pictures The nd day I was on a road trip and it ran out of battery that night and I left it alone I had no computer access to charge it The next Brand new Zune, Brand new problem morning I open the zune software to charge it today and I wanted to Brand new Zune, Brand new problem load a song onto it and it said error no more space How is this possible if I had gigs left the last night and i only have songs pics and - movies music videos I looked online and also other people had the same problem but it didn t Brand new Zune, Brand new problem show how to solve it And the microsoft website just said the inbox should ve been enlarged and that didn t make any sense but I did it anyway no results I just spent bucks on something I was pretty hyped about now look where it put me microsoft always lets me down from the x OS to MFSX and to this Does anybody know what to do nbsp

A:Brand new Zune, Brand new problem

Bump
Up
My

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-zune-brand-new-problem.650684/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just built my second computer. I bought all the parts I needed and went to work installing them in my new tower.

My specs are in my profile!

Problem is I am getting all these pixels on my screen. I don't know what it is but it only started after a day on my new machine. I did a bunch of updates and installed the driver that came with the Card but It is really bugging me that this brand new machine is messed up! I thought it was a temperature issue but its running at 37 C so its not the temp of the Card! What else could it be? I will install the newest driver and see if that changes anything and will post back with my results!

Relevancy 39.56%

I have had many issues with this comupter, but my Dell Inspirton 1545 had started to read "no bootable devices" and wouldn't start at all. Now, after buying and installing a brand new harddrive, it reads it again, but only SOMETIMES!

When it gives me options of rebooting or running a diagnostics test, if I switch some stuff around or restart it, or even just leave it alone for a little while, I can start it and it works fine. Except after a short while of using it, it will malfunction and go to "no bootable devices" page again. Tech support says that the hard drive may not be connected properly, but I don't know what to do!

A:Dell Inspiron says "no bootable devices" with brand new hard drive

Probably a silly question, but is anything on the hard drive, like an O.S.? Has the "new" hard drive already been formatted? I'm only asking for sometimes some of my clients will go behind my back and install things like hard drives on their own and try to load an O.S. on them, failing to go through the formatting process, and they in the end either through frustration or embarrassment wind up calling me to drive to their house and fix their problem, like installing the O.S. properly.

Also checking your connections might not hurt, just make sure everything is fitting nice and snug and connected the right way.

(This was just me kind of thinking out loud for you.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-says-no-bootable-devices-with-brand-new-hard-drive.165260/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey Gang,

I'm using Norton Ghost 9.0. I'm trying to back up my C and D drives to an external drive. Its a WD Caviar 250 GB. Its Brand New. I got it today from Tiger Direct.

I've Fdisked, Formatted and Scandisked. However when I try to create a backup with Norton Ghost 9.0 I get the following error:

I have Goback on my machine but I've disabled it.

Can anyone help me out?

thanks,
HULK!

A:"Externally Altered" Error on Brand New Hard Drive

It sounds like something running on the system has changed a file that GHOST was trying to copy. I don't believe this has anything to do with the new drive, it's something running on your system. Try using the bootable CD to do the backup, that precludes any files being open and/or modified during the backup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/externally-altered-error-on-brand-new-hard-drive.526065/
Relevancy 30.96%

I'm curious...

Not that anyone would read this, but here's what I have (mine):
1 Custom (see system specs)
1 HP Touchsmart AiO
1 HP laptop (5 yrs/old)

Family Shared:
1 Lenovo laptop
1 HP laptop (2.5yrs/old)
1 Dell XPS

A:What brand of pc do you have?

Mine was built by my uncle in his home.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94871-what-brand-pc-do-you-have.html
Relevancy 30.96%

i am doing alot of multimdia work atm and the programs have been eating up my memory and making stuff a bit slow, so im thinking about gettimg more. I currently have 2GB (2x1GB) kingston 800 ram. My motherboard supports 4 slots so i have 2 left, and as i run 32bit i can only get 4GB in total.

My first question is should i be getting the same brand ram or doesn't really matter the brand of the ram i get, as long as they are the right speeds?

Second should i be getting a single 2GB stick or should i be going 2X1GB sticks? or don't they really make a difference?

A:buy the same brand ram as you already have?

Yea, stick to the same brand if you can,
its more important to stick to the speeds/timings

and if you have four slots rather stick to the 1gig sticks.
so if they are all DDR2 800 sticks then rather try get the same type of ram as your other sticks.

i also do alot of digital works and the memory issue is always a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buy-the-same-brand-ram-as-you-already-have.858416/
Relevancy 30.96%

i want the best brand of 780 ti that has best performance i got a pny 780 ti but i asked the shop to exchange the brand so i need suggestion of a brand of 780 ti

A:which brand should i get of 780 ti?

Didn't you just buy a 7770? And why ask to change the brand if you only just bought one anyway?

Whatever, I'd ask for a Palit reference card. I have a Palit reference 780 and it's brilliant, Palit are a very good card manufacturer and the reference cooling on these cards is fantastic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/330109-brand-should-i-get-780-ti.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I'm fairly comfortable with most aspects of choosing RAM, except as defined by the title of this thread. How important is it if choosing between two brands, if the specs are otherwise equal to each other?

Also, some fairly obscure brands of RAM are made with chips from major sources....which matters more the brand of the ram or the chips on them?

A:Brand X vs Brand Y RAM

from what I know there are a limited number of factory that actually make ram chips. now me personally I like to stick with brand names as I know I can get support when and if needed. I have also built many desktops and had about a half dozen laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/45002-brand-x-vs-brand-y-ram.html
Relevancy 30.96%

What brand do you guys recommend for the 980(a reference looking) ? and if its not too much a link to your recommendation (US) and tell us why you prefer that brand over the others.
thanks.

A:980 What Brand ?

If looking for a reference version, it really won't matter which brand you get as long as it is a company that is reliable. But if possible, you should try to opt for the custom designs since they have way better cooler designs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/347245-980-what-brand.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Dear Sir,
I have an XP operating system now, but there are a few problems with it, and I dont have the brand disk, although it is real. So I thought I would buy a real XP and place it in my computer and at least I then would have the disk with me.

Can you share how I would take out of the old XP software and place in the brand new one? I have never did this before. I am a newbie, This is all very new for me.

Thank you so very much for your time on this matter, RM

PS does office front page come with the brand new XP?

Relevancy 30.96%

I am shopping for PC3200 DDR1 ram. My problem is, there are so many results I don't know enough about ram to know which is the best brand choice. Could anyone who knows ram check the following list?

Also, I heard that having too much ram is bad enough as too little because there is too much room for the pc to navigate its memory within. If I have 1.5 GB as opposed to just one, will that cause any problems?

So, out of these results, http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=105&subminorcatid=10&po=1&ps= what brand would be the best to buy?

Relevancy 30.96%

I have a nearly brand new quad core beast that after a two week holiday has decided it hates me.

It will start up, but the monitors are getting no signal, nor is the keyboard or mouse. It literally starts up, but nothing. Fan on video card works and i can hear HD spool but thats it.

I spoke to the guy who sold it to me (private contractor) who is now away for 5 WEEKS in India! He says it could be ram - but I am not sure how / why this would be!

This is my main PC which I use a lot and need for my masters. The home lan problem is at my mum's house and is less important (as laptops work).

Really would love to buy a beer for whoever solves this!

Relevancy 30.96%

My usual supplier has just started stocking this brand of hardware and on New me brand anyone? it looks impressive and at a decent price for a change but I would like some opinions on the brand before I go diving in and get New brand on me anyone? one The one device I am looking at is the New brand on me anyone? Be Quiet New brand on me anyone? Dark Rock CPU Cooler BK - PC Case Gear cooler as I do like the heatpipe config the rest of the available gear can be seen by back spacing on this site lt --a href quot http www pccasegear com index php main page popup image amp amp pID amp amp zenid cb d b b cb b fce cd quot target quot blank quot gt lt img src quot http static pccasegear com bmz cache c cbdad e a b df f b e image x jpg quot alt quot Be Quiet Dark Rock CPU Cooler quot title quot Be Quiet Dark Rock CPU Cooler quot width quot quot height quot quot gt lt br gt lt span class quot imgLink quot gt larger image lt span gt lt a-- gt

A:New brand on me anyone?

Does that come with an optional second fan for push pull?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331644-new-brand-me-anyone.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello Based on your experience which are the best brands for a DVD-RW drive because in the Past I had bad experiences with this kind of drives and I got tired for RMA s and refunds at the stores The only brands that have worked really good for me is st Pionner and - Sony even tough DVD-RW Best for Brand an this last one already have an exchange Best Brand for an DVD-RW every time I burn a DVD-video with a drive the results were a lot of skipping and sometimes even no play at DVD players it s not the media because I always Use DVD-R Sony TDK Memorex always use same software Nero and Clone DVD please note that this has happened only on the Brands Memorex Toshiba BTC and Emprex I m not sure if this brands have poor quality drives or is something else if it was my computer It will also happen with my Pionner DVR-A but this Drive has worked more than perfect for more than years unfortunately the life of the lens laser has lost it s power and is failing at the burning process so it s time to get a new one but I was wondering if any of you can recommend a very good optical drive besides Pionner and Sony Thank you nbsp

A:Best Brand for an DVD-RW

Plextor - Best
Lite-On - Good

Everything else, beware. Some other brands work brilliantly, but I think its a lot more of a crapshoot with them than it is with Plextor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-brand-for-an-dvd-rw.54392/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am shopping for 512 PC3200 DDR1 ram, but with so many results I don't know which brand is the best. If anyone knows hardware could you please take a look at these results and recommend the best purchase?

(results contain 512 & 1GB, I am only looking for 512)
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=105&subminorcatid=10&po=1&ps=

Relevancy 30.96%

hey guys,
i was just wondering, what is the best brand PSU to get, im looking at between 300W-400W depending on price
cheers
hynesy

A:Best Brand Name Psu

Here take a look at this article here:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=792566
it gives a list of bad psu's, as well as good psu's on a low, medium and high budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-brand-name-psu.54859/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi guys I ordered a new Mobo bundle which arrived yesterday evening With the bundle came CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Processor OC GHz Mobo Gigabyte X4 way too new Brand hot. 955 GA- GM-D H AMD G Socket AM Micro-ATX DDR Motherboard RAM GB Mushkin Silverline x GB DDR MHz - - - HSF Arctic Cooling Freezer High Performance CPU Cooler PSU W Corsair TX V ATX Purchased Seperately The bundle is prebuilt with thermal paste and OC d by the supplier However since swapping out my old Mobo and the new Mobo bundle Brand new X4 955 way too hot. my idle temp is c I tried Prime Torture and it hit c in seconds Not cool Pun Intended I ve taken the following steps Cleaned out Brand new X4 955 way too hot. all Case Fans and set them to Maximum speed Reseated the HSF once Removed Overclock quot Load Optimized Defaults quot which hit c on Prime only c off the max recommended so still not happy Set Vcore to Auto lowered Vcore Only thing I haven t tried is reapplying some new TIM as I ve not got any Will order some tomorrow and try it Brand new X4 955 way too hot. Screenshots Temperature showing height of c after Prime Prime running after quot Loading Optimized Defaults quot in bios I can feel plenty of cool air from all case vents and have also tried without the side panel on at all All other hardware Hitachi HDD HD are all around c - c on a hot day Any other suggestion other than reapplying TIM Will order some tomorrow Thanks Dan nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

what HD brand do you prefer? i like Maxtor, but they do have loud motors, you can hear mine in my GX240 running, and very very lightly hear it load, wish the whole thing could be silent, then my pc would have no noise lol, mostly have Maxtor's in my computers, my Solo and i think the Inspiron has IBM, maybe the Latitude also...

i only know of Maxtor, IBM, and Western Digital, let me know if there are more brands out there ...

Relevancy 30.96%

hi all-

I'm going to be purchasing a new computer in a few months, and i didnt know which brand to go with. I like HP and Dell. i dont want to custom buiold my own so please none of that

thanks
....AMD

A:which brand????

Hp or Gateway. Stay away from Dells...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-brand.51964/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys,

My question is probably dumb, but I've never really thought of it before and wanted some feedback before I buy.

Basically, say I have brand A ram and want to add some more, but it's from brand B. That won't matter, will it (both being DDR 3, of course)?

I don't see why different brands wouldn't play nice together, but I never say never >.>

Thanks!

A:Different brand RAM

This depends on how you plan to use your computer. As a general rule with newer motherboards, you should at least use the same timings and type memory. Brand can be different, although I always use identical RAM in my builds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-brand-ram.172231/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have PNY, eVGA, BFG, and XFX compared here. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/compare.asp?CatId=2513
I can't decide which company to buy... The BFG is lower in some stuff and I hear XFX isn't very reliable...
Also, the eVGA is cheaper so I'm wondering... Which company do you recommend?

A:Which Brand?

I like evga mostly because they usually have the highest performance/price ratio, and they also tend to have great warranties and support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-brand.63912/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys, been awhile, looking to buy new laptop, which brand is best for around $500?

A:which brand is best

This is definitely a preference question. I'm assuming you are looking for a Windows 8 laptop?

Based off the laptops in my household for $500 or under (HP, Samsung, Dell, and I believe an Hitachi) I would say I prefer the dell. I have had the least amount of problems with it compared to the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-brand-is-best.1113683/
Relevancy 30.96%

Guys-

First time poster here...

I will be booting up a brand new laptop tomorrow, on a wireless home network tomorrow. I would love your advice for AV's, spyware, and anything else that you might suggest for a good clean start on my new PC.

Thanks

Slim

A:Brand New PC

dvk01 (moderator) has a good post on security. check that out.
General Security Information, How to tighten Security Settings and Warnings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-pc.367043/