Windows Support Forum

USB ports no longer working, stemming from mobo?

Q: USB ports no longer working, stemming from mobo?

Originally this thread was in the mobile computing section but I m starting to think this could be a mobo issue My USB ports decided to stop working I m using Windows and they were working fine this morning until I unplugged ports no working, longer from stemming mobo? USB my USB devices and packed my computer then when I came home the ports stopped working I USB ports no longer working, stemming from mobo? have two ports and I ve tried placing three different items two mice and webcam in all the ports no avail Even the light under my mouse isn t lighting up I restarted twice and when I go to device manager there are no exclamation marks or anything wrong under USB tab I even uninstalled all my USb serial controllers and restarted and they got installed back but still nothing Then I disabled selective suspend and nothing too I also tried going to each USB Root Hub and right click on it left click properties left click power management Uncheck the box allow computer to turn off this device to save power This didn t work as after I restarted it became checked again I also upgraded to the newest BIOs but still nothing Any ideas is this a mobo issue nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: USB ports no longer working, stemming from mobo?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: USB ports no longer working, stemming from mobo?

Very odd symptoms... I'd suggest you try booting into an alternate non-Windows OS, if your USB ports still don't work then you've ruled out Windows and would say it must be mobo/hardware/BIOS related i'd think.

See step #2 in link below to download and try booting into Knoppix then see if your USB ports still don't work. See How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-no-longer-working-stemming-from-mobo.157848/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which has an ELAN touchpad. Since I detest touchpads, I've always used a mouse instead. Today, my mouse stopped working. I checked the batteries, they're good; even changed the batteries. The mouse won't work. So, I plugged in a wired mouse that I know works. That's not recognized either. Okay...then I plugged in, one after another, three different flash drives in two different ports. Not recognized.

When I go into Device Manager, it says USB hub, controllers, etc, are all working properly, but obviously they're not. I've rebooted twice, but that doesn't clear the problem either. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395057-usb-ports-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

USB ports have stopped working. I ran a diagnostic test and got the following: Failure id: U4QH51-7AV876-MFPV7F-8D1U03 Please tell me what this code means and what I can do to get the ports working.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-ports-no-longer-working/td-p/5730041
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a desktop that's about a year and a half old that I'm running Windows XP on. I took my computer home over the Christmas break and everything was fine. It was when I moved it back to school that I started having problems. The first night it was here, my iPhone charged fine, but my computer didn't recognize it at all. Then the next day, my USB mouse stopped working. I got a PS/2 adaptor for it, and my mouse is working fine now, but now nothing I plug into any of the USB ports works. Mouse, keyboard, different mouse, camera, iPod, iPhone, none of them receive any power and are not recognized by my computer as being plugged in at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and the ports themselves, and doing a system restore didn't help, so what could be the problem?

A:USB ports no longer working

Hey...

Try

Start/Run/ Type msconfig/OK

Then go to services

Make sure Plug and play is checked along with universal plug and play.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-no-longer-working.791277/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just finished my first ever PC build and I'm very excited to say is is nearly successful. The issue I just ran into prohibiting me from a complete success is after I installed my USB 3.0 drivers using my mobo's setup CD the normal USB ports no longer work while the PC is on. During initial start up, the items plugged in (mouse, keyboard and external DVD drive), receive power but when windows begins loading they stop entirely. Currently only my USB 3 ports are working which is what I'm using. To say I'm satisfied with that is improbable for I now have 8 slots that receive no power and are deemed useless.

Any help would be great!

Do ur peripherals work in usb 2.0 slots?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/usb-ports-no-longer-working-276438/
Relevancy 72.24%

I do apologize if I'm not in the right section and I have already searched through the forums as well up and down looking for a ports USB longer no working fix but so far nothing has worked so it started last night USB ports no longer working when I noticed just my keyboard in a certain USB port wouldn't work after trying other ports and reset I finally got it USB ports no longer working to work and assumed it was an issue with the wireless keyboard itself as of today now none of my USB ports work they are all receiving power I've checked with multiple USB devices but none of the will actually connect to my PC I have done many resets including turning off PC unplugging holding down the power button for seconds leaving it off for half an hour and turning back on have tried all ports with my mouse headset phone keyboard and they app receive power but don't connect itself I have no way of navigating through menus to get to any device manager or to attempt to update drivers which I imagine e is the last step to try before it comes to reformatting and I'd really prefer not to have to go through that long process does anyone have any thoughts or other steps I could take to further diagnose or resolve this issue Edit further more I know its not an issue with any of these devices I have a much older computer that properly connects to all of the devices I have mentioned above that won't connect to my PC

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Please Post you System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363681-usb-ports-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I have a Dell working? ports no USB longer Dimension Dual Core Ghz mb Ram Gb Sata HDD DVD -RW and DVD Read Win XP Home Internal -in- card reader USB ports no longer working? ATI Radeon X Mb Graphics Card However there are no PS ports So I have to use a USB keyboard and USB mouse I have recently had cause to fit an pci ethernet card just after I booted up the USB mouse wouldnt work then I booted again and all seemed fine For about weeks everything was fine - then after booting up again both the USB mouse and USB keyboard wouldnt work It didnt matter what USB port I tried there are at the back and at the front I have managed to get into the BIOS and the USB controller is enabled However Windows XP boots up fine but no mouse or keyboard will work how can I solve the problem if I can't use a USB mouse keyboard Any help will be gratefully received Thanks in anticipation - Phil Ross

A:USB ports no longer working?

Start>Control Panel>System>Device Manager
Click "show hidden devices" and uninstall all flagged devices and reboot.

Report results and what items were flagged (if any).

It's possible the new card is taking more power than your PSU can provide and it's causing problems elsewhere. At some point, you could remove the card and see if the USB starts working again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-ports-no-longer-working-526966.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I have a Dell Dimension Dual Core Ghz mb Ram Gb Sata HDD DVD -RW and DVD Read Win XP Home Internal no longer USB ports working? -in- card reader ATI Radeon X Mb Graphics Card However there are no PS ports So I have to use a USB keyboard and USB mouse I have recently had cause to fit an pci ethernet card just after I booted up the USB mouse wouldnt work then I booted again and USB ports no longer working? all seemed fine For about weeks everything was fine - then after booting up again both the USB mouse and USB keyboard wouldnt work It didnt matter what USB port I tried there are at the back and at the front I have managed to get into the BIOS and the USB controller is enabled However Windows XP boots up fine but no mouse or keyboard will work how can I solve the problem if I USB ports no longer working? can t use a USB mouse keyboard Any help will be gratefully received Thanks in anticipation - Phil Ross nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-no-longer-working.961047/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I really hope someone can help me I am at my wits end over my computer at the moment Last night after my computer working fine for the year and a half that I had it it suddenly froze Upon reboot I had the dreaded mup sys error I couldn t get into XP most of the time and the only times that I could either in safe mode or normal mode it would freeze seconds after loading windows up so I couldn t do anything anyway I read through all the messages relating to mup sys on this and other forums Tried everything that I could however I didn t do anything with actual hardware because I know No USB Ports Help! Please Longer Working nothing about opening up the pc etc so eventually I got back into windows by following these instructions http www digitalwebcast com articles viewarticle jsp id However what I didn t know was that someone had turned my system restore off so after completing these instructions I lost many of settings and drivers etc But I can get into XP again without it freezing up Anyway this morning I tried to re-install my dsl modem I have USB Ports No Longer Working Please Help! two and one USB Ports No Longer Working Please Help! of them makes the computer freeze whenever I plug the usb or the ethernet cable into USB Ports No Longer Working Please Help! the back of the computer It also came up with an error msg I have never seen before like a black screen with a red message saying something about out of range H v I think and V khz or something similar that is just off memory I assume this has something to with power The other dsl modem does nothing when plugged in The USB light doesn t come on - there is no response at all as though the USB is dead Can someone please tell me what is happening to my computer before I end up spending heaps of money on taking it to a tech Thanks heaps Layla nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi
I have re installed my system and now the usb ports are not functioning, i have looked in the bios but it does not give me the option to see if they are enabled. What can i do to get them working again, please help.
Thank you

A:help usb ports no longer working

Open device manager and see if usb devices are installed. Should be right at the bottom.

start > control panel > system properties > hardware tab > device manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-usb-ports-no-longer-working-368621.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Before I begin sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum please direct me if this is the case or there is a similar thread I have been looking online and although people have had similar situations I feel a tailored answer would be ideal if possible I purchased an Asus N VM laptop around months ago and recently had to reinstall windows due to an unrelated issue Although this fixed the problem it presented a new one and now none of my USB ports all USB work Here is a break down of information which there is a USB working (3.0) Re-Install. ports no longer Windows 7 after lot and some USB ports (3.0) no longer working after Windows 7 Re-Install. may be irrelevant my apologies - Universal Serial Bus Controller on device manager has yellow triangle as well as quot Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Controller quot Downloading the supposedly correct drivers from the ASUS website has not helped Uninstalling the broken drivers and then reloading windows USB ports (3.0) no longer working after Windows 7 Re-Install. simply reinstalls the broken drivers - In the BIOS menu there are numerous references to USB but none of USB I'm not sure if this is a problem or not All of the setting in BIOS related I have checked as quot unlock quot - I have tried updating the chipset to see if that helps which also has no affect on the broken drivers - Unfortunately I am not sure of my motherboard although I have retained the original box but cannot find any mention of the motherboard on it In actuality I do not really need the USB ports to work as ports However at the moment even when plugging in a mouse nothing happens The mouse does not light up and none of its drivers even attempt to install The mouse definitely works I am aware my computer is under warranty however this is a bit of a pain and would prefer a solution I can do myself I will provide more information and pictures if necessary at your request and pray someone can help me Thankyou in advance Squshiest

A:USB ports (3.0) no longer working after Windows 7 Re-Install.

Squshiest welcome to SevenForums

Try this driver for your USB 3.0

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...64_Z104225.zip

Also try the Chipset drivers

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...4_Z9301020.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294294-usb-ports-3-0-no-longer-working-after-windows-7-re-install.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Soltek 915GPro-FGR Mobo
P4/2.8 GHz 800M LGA775
WindowsXP Pro SP2

When I first built the machine all the USB ports worked. After installing Windows they stopped. I reinstalled the Intel Chipset Driver and they worked for about 2 weeks. Today they stopped and will not work even after I reinstall the Chipset Driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:SOLTEK 915GPro-FGR Mobo....all USB ports stopped working today.

a few years back i had basically the same problem on a supermicro 370ssa, 815e chipset. was running win 98se, but still same problem. turned out there was a hardware failure, i had to buy a usb pci card. i'd try it with an extra usb card installed and see if that too went down. also consider updating your bios and drivers and windows to thier latest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soltek-915gpro-fgr-mobo-all-usb-ports-stopped-working-today.20094/
Relevancy 61.92%

SOLVED USB ports not working after mobo driver install fresh xp install Hello all long time browser first xp (fresh USB after mobo install ports driver working install) not poster Anyways I had to do a fresh install of XP after some nasty spyware keloggers found their way onto my system Everything works fine until after i install the motherboard drivers motherboard EVGA nforce i SLI after the PC reboots I am still able to access the BIOS screen wth the USB ports not working after mobo driver install (fresh xp install) keyboard and my mouse lights are on As soon as windows XP home loads the lights on my mouse turn USB ports not working after mobo driver install (fresh xp install) off and both the keyboard and mouse become unresponsive I have tried several things First i verified that USB support was enabled in the BIOS I then tried another fresh install easy beacuse i partitioned g just for the install so i could just re-format if anything like this ever happened and installed the current drivers for the mouse and keyboard first logitech g laser mouse and g keyboard Then i installed the mobo drivers same results I tried the other way around as well but to no avail I am completely stumped as to why the darn drivers that came with the mobo won t work Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Steve EDIT the old-school ps ps keyboard mouse ports aren t working either LookinArounds link to the fix http www techspot com vb topic html post nbsp

A:USB ports not working after mobo driver install (fresh xp install)

Is the reason the keyboard and mouse are not working is because they are USB?

Were the chipset drivers installed from a disk that came with the motherboard, or from downloads...
When you to to Device Drivers withing Hardware in System on the Control panel, do you see yellow or red flags by the long USB set or any other drivers on the list?
We assume your system worked OK until this re-install of Windows?
Are you sure you have the partitions configured properly so that the drives are being installed to the main partition rather than the other partition... and how do you know?
We suspect the problem has to do with those partitions and they way you have set them up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-not-working-after-mobo-driver-install-fresh-xp-install.131268/
Relevancy 61.06%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 55.47%

Normally when I adjust sound in Vista a graph appears on screen.
This is no longer happening.
Sound System is Realtek, the original programme that came with the laptop.

A:Solved: Realtek On Screen Graph No Longer No Longer Working.

Solved!
A box for Wistron had been accidentally unchecked in startup menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-realtek-on-screen-graph-no-longer-no-longer-working.1110743/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is a brand new custom built PC for web browsing for a motel lobby.

Win7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300 Llano
MSI A55M-P33 FM1
Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower

Running latest BIOS and latest drivers downloaded directly from manufacturer's website.

I tried switching between all 3 internal headers and none of them would detect the flash drive.

If I plug the drive in the rear ports it detects right away leading me to suspect the case's ports might be defective but I don't have another USB 2.0 card lying around to confirm.

Based on this info does it seem likely that the front ports themselves are faulty?

A:Front USB ports not working, but rear USB ports work…

You might check to see if the case end of the USB cables are properly plugged into the front panel holding the headers. Some board need more than one brand of USB drivers, Renesas, NEC, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298221-front-usb-ports-not-working-but-rear-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After loading a map for the game Battlefield 2, my computer crashed and started rebooting... I played the game again and after loading it crashed again, this time comming up with some "AMI" or something, menu. It had a check list saying that everything was "OK" and at the bottom it said hit F1 for Setup or F2 to continue with default settings. I hit F2 and everything was as normal except my USB mouse wasn't working. I plugged in an Ipod to test if it was the mouse and the Ipod did not work through the USB port either. All 4 ports don't work. The mouse worked on another computer.

Does anyone have any idea for what I should do? I already went to device manager and uninstalled all the USB devices and reinstalled them.

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 55.04%

Computer is a Dell D running in USB Ports longer are no recognized a docking station with Windows XP SP Recently I had a USB Ports are no longer recognized problem with an AdAware upgrade which caused my system to go into terminal blue-screen re-boot mode I solved that by rolling back my system to a stable mode and all seemed to be fine and yes I uninstalled AdAware and will not ever use it again I provide this info as background since it was a fairly recent event - it may or may not be related to my problem however Today I went to upload some pics from my USB-connected camera and my computer isn t seeing the camera Tried a different camera same thing Tried a thumb-drive nothing Tried all the USB ports including the ones in the docking station nothing I ve tried everything I d read about quot fixing quot USB ports going away to no avail Powered everything down and disconnected overnight no change From Device Manager I Uninstalled all my USB drivers and then let them reinstall That all seemed to go fine but no change in the final outcome - nothing works when connected to any USB FWIW the USB-connected device will get power when connected it s just not otherwise communicating I m at a loss as to what to try next nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Acer Aspire 2-in-1 convertible laptop purchased in July. All of a sudden, after restarting my computer, my 3 different USB ports are no longer detecting anything. (USB drives; the smart connection to my wireless mouse; a card reader.) I am a total luddite but could someone please talk me through how to find and 'turn on' or re-enable my USB ports? I am running Windows 10, in case that makes a difference.TIA!

A:USB ports no longer detecting on R3-471

Hello, Have you checked if a device has a mark in Device manager?There are a lot of driver updates for Windows 10. May be one of them is not installed properly.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/USB-ports-no-longer-detecting-on-R3-471/td-p/386342/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a desktop running windows vista which i used to install a program to longer usb ports no all work.. get my ipod out of a boot loop unfortunately i am not sure what the program was called or where exactly i downloaded it from i came across it after all usb ports no longer work.. an hour all usb ports no longer work.. or so of following leads from one site to another trying to fix my ipod although i am not sure of the name of the program it appears to most likely be iRecovery after downloading the program i installed it my speakers kept sounding off with that quot unplugged plugged in device quot notification sound while it was installing i went and checked oher things on the computer bringing up windows in front of the installation progress window and shortly after left to do some things around the house when i came back my mouse wouldnt work neither would my keyboard i couldnt see what had happened with the installation although i could see my computer was frozen i looked under the mouse and the red laser light was off i rebooted when it started i noticed no windows boot sounds playing on the speakers another USB device and still nothing would work i have a dell as my desktop and ive never had to restore it i cant seem to find the way to trigger a restore while it booting it may be important to note that the mouse light and keyboard work early in the boot but as soon as windows starts loading the light will cut off any ideas how to fix this i need to recover information off that hard drive if it needs to be wiped and i have no clue how to do that

A:all usb ports no longer work..

Since you have a Dell, start by running their Hardware Diagnostic Tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-usb-ports-no-longer-work-533082.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been hosting servers on various videogames over the year to play with my friends online, recently I tried a game which worked about a month or so ago (mount and blade: warband, I also tried a few others afterwards) but nobody could connect, I checked everything and it should have been working fine but then I looked at various port checking websites and for some reason none of the ports are open anymore.

I've tried changing the port settings, resetting the router and disabling my firewall and none of them seem to work. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Ports are no longer open

Could be your ISP blocking those ports so none of there customers can host Game Servers. Hosting Servers is a No No on some home Residential accounts Check with your ISP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259155-ports-no-longer-open.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I ll try and be clear I have a dl- router which I thought had stealthed all my ports including which I configured myself tested at grc com This router was installed and configured two years ago I no stealthed... Ports longer have always run a software firewall too but had disabled the software firewall Norton to test that the router was doing it s job when I configured it Now I have just uninstalled Norton as I no longer want to pay the fees when my subscription expires I was planning on not installing another software firewall only a freeware anti-virus and using Windows firewall as well or not using Windows firewall The latest test indicates that all my ports are only closed with the exception of which is stealth is closed too but not stealth Even though my software firewall was turned quot off quot could it have been doing the stealthing Should my router actually be stealthing the ports or is closed Ports no longer stealthed... ok Ports no longer stealthed... I run WinXP home sp Thanks in advance for any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ports-no-longer-stealthed.537047/
Relevancy 55.04%

I use a program called Driver Booster IOBit Software that is supposed to automatically scan and update my drivers Well it found an update for my USB Driver and as soon as I allowed the update the External HDD and WiFi USB Dongle that were plugged into my ports immediately went offline I haven't been able to get them No 3.0 USB Longer Work! Ports to work since my other normal USB ports work fine but the USB do not I tried doing a rollback with the Driver Booster software but it failed since I hadn't set a restore point In my Device Manager I noticed one of my USB Root Hubs had a notice icon on it so I clicked properties and it showed the Device was not working properly because windows could not load the proper drivers required yet if I try to update the drivers through windows it claims they are up to date I am using Windows Ultimate -Bit I unfortunately don't know what kind of motherboard USB 3.0 Ports No Longer Work! I have or how to find out I'm not sure if I need that info to get the device working properly Does anyone know how I can fix my USB Ports I still have Driver Booster installed but only use it now to inform me of out of date drivers and download them manually myself but I'm unsure if this is an issue of a missing driver or something else

A:USB 3.0 Ports No Longer Work!

Hi there try the following >>> Go to Start Type in CMD then open it .. And type the following >>> wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335139-usb-3-0-ports-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Widows automatically upgraded my Windows 10. Now I can no longer see USB ports E and F on File Explorer and when I plug in my camera to download my pictures it says that the camera is not connected. I plugged in my Clickfree backup hard drive and it worked on drive E. How do I get my computer to recognize these USB drives so I can use them to download from my camera and other devises?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64912-widows-10-no-longer-recognizes-my-usb-ports.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My front USB ports no longer work. The back continue to work but the front have both been out for some time. Also, the power button near them gives us problems at times. The card readers (4) all work & they are in the same area. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

A:Front USB ports no longer work

What computer you got?
Vista version?
Drivers up to date?

there could be lots wrong so please specifiy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/front-usb-ports-no-longer-work-331442.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Widows automatically upgraded my Windows 10. Now I can no longer see USB ports E and F on File Explorer and when I plug in my camera to download my pictures it says that the camera is not connected. I plugged in my Clickfree backup hard drive and it worked on drive E. How do I get my computer to recognize these USB drives so I can use them to download from my camera and other devises?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/64912-widows-10-no-longer-recognizes-my-usb-ports.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello!
Here's my Problem:
When i try to connect my wireless mouse to my laptop it dosnt respond at all.
It says it is connected, however nothing works. Ive tried using a Flashdrive and it works fine. Ive also tried with 3 different mice with the same result.
Im guessing it has to do with a driver i have recently downloaded from windows update, however, i have restored my computer as far back as i can go, and it still dosnt work. Any ideas?

A:USB Ports No Longer Work with Mice

Reinstall the driver. Or use the rollback function;

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/159612-usb-ports-no-longer-work-mice.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an old computer with USB ports and a -slot 1 ports USB longer good USB (is work enough?) 2 no USB card I added a few years ago My external hard drive is almost constantly connected to a USB port but after the PC froze I think while connecting or disconnecting an MP player to from another USB port the EHD no longer works there Usually when I connect it a Safely Remove Hardware icon appears USB 2 ports no longer work (is USB 1 good enough?) immediately on the USB 2 ports no longer work (is USB 1 good enough?) taskbar and the EHD s light comes on brightens dims for a minute then remains steady Now I don t get a Safely Remove Hardware icon and the EHD light comes on steady then goes out after half a minute It does work with USB though I ve already tried these steps from http knowledge seagate com articles en US FAQ en If your external drive s LED behavior has recently changed and particularly if the drive is no longer detected or has changed the way it interacts with your computer begin troubleshooting by following these steps Make sure the computer and external hard drive are powered on Safely remove the drive from the computer if possible Disconnect the external drive s USB or FireWire cable Disconnect the power supply plug from the external drive Power off the computer Disconnect the computer s power supply cord for seconds Reconnect the computer Power on the computer Connect the power supply to the external drive Connect the drive s USB or FireWire cable and check for detection Firstly do you know what the problem with my USB ports is I ve tried them all and nothing works on them not just the EHD Secondly how is USB Will it be reasonable for a GB SeaGate Is speed the only disadvantage or does USB have other problems I won t mind as much if it s a little slower as long as it s reliable --- Edit I m using Windows XP SP In Device Management gt Universal Serial Bus Controllers I have USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller I m pretty sure there used to be something there called quot Enhanced Host Controller quot but now it s missing Is that the problem I ve lost the CD that came with the USB card but would I be able to download the driver from the internet I tried downloading it from here http download cnet com VIA-USB- - -Enhanced-Host-Controller - - html The quot Download Now - CNET Installer Enabled quot link gave me an installation file that crashed when I tried to run it and the quot Direct Download quot link gave me quot viapatch quot which I m not sure how to use nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I m not sure if this is the right forum to post this if not please advise the correct one so that I can get help Thanks DH s Dell Inspiron w Windows XP Home SP Nod Sygate personal firewall microsoft antispyware blah blah blah He travels w this laptop a pretty good bit and for SOME STRANGE reason picked up network printers when he would be at a hotel or business where he logged on the net Yes I know the risks here and try to run regular scans to kill infections - which there have been none SO used delete printer no ports longer FAR Over the past few weeks He INTENTIONALLY installed a couple of new printers for good reason One of them was an HP that had a bunch of bloatware for scanning and crap the he didn t need use It took a couple of delete printer ports no longer used hours to uninstall this garbage and get his system cleared of it This got a good quot spring cleaning quot going on the system delete printer ports no longer used Deleted ALL printers and was preparing to install only the ones he uses st printer is here at home It is an HP PSC on a Linksys print server via Linksys wireless router I incorrectly assumed that I would have to create the IP port again Error message said that IP port was already in use Well lo and behold ALL THOSE DELETED PRINTERS PORTS ARE STILL THERE I would prefer that they all go away and install only the printers he uses on a regular basis printer is the HP PSC here at home printer is at his office and is similarly an IP port printer Linksys wireless router Linksys wireless print server one will be a local printer via usb port How do I remove the ports for all those other printers I ve deleted I would gladly use the existing ports for these printers we want installed I do not want to keep any of those other ports available as he will continue to be at some of those locations and dont want them reinstalling btw file an print sharing is disabled in windows firewall if it matters my skills are average maybe above-average self-taught registry editing intimidates me so I ve never done it through registry editor thanks for your help ksc nbsp

A:delete printer ports no longer used

Why do you really need to delete these. They are merely settings for the printer and look at it this way, the ports are already set up if you want to use those printers again. But they really are not using recources so there is no need to delete them. But if you do, you would highlight the port in the port selection screen by going to control panel-printers and whatever it says- right-click the printer- then highlight the port you want in the ports tab and click delete port.
-new tech guy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delete-printer-ports-no-longer-used.455107/
Relevancy 54.18%

A:Windows 10 no longer recognizes my USB ports

Hello, you won't see USB ports as such in file explorer unless something is connected. The drive letter assigned is not fixed or associated with a given port, but normally allocated in sequence when something is plugged in (there is an exception).

I plugged in my Clickfree backup hard drive and it worked on drive E.

- which implies your USB hub is ok.

Does that work on all your ports? If so, then from your description it appears your problem is that your camera is not recognised. Is that correct?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64912-windows-10-no-longer-recognizes-my-usb-ports.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,

urgent advice appreciated here folks.

I built a core2quad rig for 3d rendering with an Abit AW9D Max board on XP Pro 64-bit 2 months ago.
Yesterday everything was fine. Today none of the usb ports are responding in the way i'd like.
The 2 case ports on the front don't work.
The usb keyboard & mouse stopped working as did the usb dongle we use for vray rendering.

I've done a system restore to early yesterday, no luck.
I've deleted all the usb devices in device manager, rebooted and let it re-install them. Still no joy.
Overclockers tech support, suggest a reformat, but is there anything else you guys could suggest, as i really don't want to reformat yet due to time constraints. It may even be hardware which means RMA'ing it for a weeks downtime.

Thanks

A:USB ports no longer work on AW9D...help!

reconnect your USB wires internally. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.
After that it has to either be a bad wire(s) or faulty mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-no-longer-work-on-aw9d-help.83345/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an expensive gaming notebook which is barely 6 months old and the ports for USB no longer work. It said something about a kernel error and restarted and the ports haven't worked since. I am on windows 10 ( recently updated from windows 8.1) It is an ASUS model number GL551JW. I really do not know what other information to give. Need to fix ASAP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-if-right-topic-forum-but-usb-ports-no-longer-work.1157505/
Relevancy 53.75%

I was away on a trip, so I let my parents use my laptop while I was gone. They say it updated, something, but afterwards froze, so they turned it off. Turns out it was several different updates, including a BIOS update. Everything else works fine except for my usb ports which no longer detect anything connected to them. The device manager gives me little yellow warning bubbles by Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller and Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller. It says code 19 error and the config info in the registry is missing or damaged. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and letting it re-install, but it hasn't worked. I'm running on a HP Pavilion dv6-3013cl Entertainment notebook, Windows 7 (64bit).

Any help is appreciated.

A:USB ports no longer work after update (Code 19)

Remove the USB Hubs in Device Manager and reboot the computer let them automatically re-install again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375369/usb-ports-no-longer-work-after-update-code-19/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm using a microstar 6312 mobo, which has a place to solder in ps/2 ports, that's what I did, well they don't work, do I need a driver or did I not solder it good enough? I'm lost.

A:mobo doesn't have ps/2 ports

There are probably other components on the board that are needed to make them work. If not and you actually got lucky enough to have everything on the board you need, then you have to go into the bios and enable ps/2 support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-doesnt-have-ps-2-ports.791552/
Relevancy 53.75%

Was wondering which usually lasts longer as in years. Or whats most likely to fry out first.

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a new system based on ASUS SABERTOOTH X running Win x The system includes support for USB and I recently started using WD Passport T external USB drives for Win7, Flash/SD but longer no recognized work by ports USB backup I've encountered problems since I started using these drives I don't know if they are related One is a boot Flash/SD no longer recognized by Win7, but USB ports work issue which I've posted here The second problem is that my Flash Media SD and Mem Stix are no longer recognized This didn't happen immediately when I started using the Passport drives so I don't know if its related The problem is that when I insert a Flash drive or SD card it is not recognized by the system though the system's response to attaching these drives varies Sometime I Flash/SD no longer recognized by Win7, but USB ports work hear the usual tone that the system recognizes the disk but I don't get the quot What do you want me to do quot prompt After awhile the corresponding icon for the drive will show up in the quot Devices with Removable Storage quot section of quot My Computer quot or in the case of an SD card the icon for the card reader will no longer be greyed out However nothing happens when I dbl click on the icon Other times the system will state that the device needs to be formatted I have USB ports in which this occurs and I have tested all of them with an external HDD and it mounts correctly I have tested the Flash Drives on other computers and they are formatted correctly When I attach my camera via USB SD card works fine I'm stumped Thanks

A:Flash/SD no longer recognized by Win7, but USB ports work

I fixed this by uninstalling Acronis True Image Home.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202087-flash-sd-no-longer-recognized-win7-but-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been struggling for two months to fix a situation where one or more USB 3 ports on my PC would fail, usually --but not always -- under heavy I/O loads. Read about the problem and my ultimate fix at Unraveling a USB Mystery | Ed Tittel. Sometimes, you just have to replace the wonky hardware with a known good working replacement. Sigh.
--Ed--

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60358-intermittent-failures-usb-3-ports-new-mobo.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I have been avoiding this issue for awhile. I want to connect the wires into my motherboard that would make my front audio ports work. There is a head phones port and a microphone port. My motherboard is ABIT IS-7. The legend of how to connect the wires are different from the case so I don't know how to.

Here are the wires that came with the case. They are labeled:
L In
L Out
Mic In
Ground

R In
R Out
Mic In
Ground

I am guessing that the L In is the headphones port because it is on the left side of the motherboard, so the right side would be the microphone.

I am completely lost. I hope someone can help. I'll post an image of the legend that is in the manual of ABIT IS-7.

Can someone tell me which one goes with which? I would really be helpful.

Thanks.

A:Need Help with Front Audio Ports (Mobo)

Can anyone help? Please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-front-audio-ports-mobo.667056/
Relevancy 53.32%

Well I have heard that if you have two eithernet ports on your MOBO then you can put in two eithernet cords and assign one port for upload and the other for download. How do I do this?

A:Dual ethernet ports on Mobo?

No, it doesn't work like this. Also, it would be totally pointless. First, ethernet interfaces are full duplex, meaning that even a single ethernet port has separate wires for "download" and "upload". Second, your internet connection is orders of magnitude slower than ethernet, so any adapter bonding would be useful only for connections over the LAN.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-ethernet-ports-on-mobo.97326/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey everyone, so I have searched, updated windows, Intel and gigabyte drivers, and the only thing that came of it is that 2 of my 6 usb ports on the mobo work now. The other 4 don't. They power my astro mixamp but don't produce sound, and when I turn on my pc with my mouse and keyboard in the ports they light up then go dead.

I've tried unplugging the power, updating drivers, etc. And I still have the caution marker on my usb drives and my Ethernet driver.

My pc case ports are fine, and as I said before two of the 6 work now thanks to the gigabyte install of the drivers. How do I get this fixed?

Thanks everyone!

A:usb ports on mobo dont work

What motherboard do you have, your PC specs just say Gigabyte, which model is it?

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345122-usb-ports-mobo-dont-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I got a custom made PC with USB ports at the front of the comp. They weren't working correctly so I went into the PC to sort it.

I got the top one working correctly, but upon insterting hardware into the bottom USB it just hangs and then crashs.

Can someone give me the order for the wires on the mobo. There are 8, here is the current order.

RED----------------RED
YELLOW------------WHITE
GREEN--------------BLUE
BLACK--------------BLACK

Anyhelp apprciated.
Thanks
Dan

A:Front USB Ports - Color Order On MoBo

Howdy

It will really help to know what MoBo you have.
The wires comming from the front panel usb are they just colored or
do they have vcc+ vcc- etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-ports-color-order-on-mobo.47112/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought some new hardware and have run into a few bumps connecting them internally many of you saw my power supply post last night and helped I appreciate it I bought a new case with audio usb firewire jacks on the front a new firewire usb pci card and a media card reader Now my mobo has sets of pins rows of pins with one missing on it that the manual refers to as USB USB Front Panel The Ports Front Mobo To Connecting Panel USB connector and set of pins Connecting Front Panel Ports To The Mobo pins with missing called J USB card reader connector Now my front panel usb ports only have connectors each VCC d- d grd and my media card reader has a female connector made for pins in rows These both sounds like exactly the opposite of what my manual refers them as What do I do here Am I stuck Connecting Front Panel Ports To The Mobo using the pin with of the front panel Connecting Front Panel Ports To The Mobo USBs and of the pins for the media card reader and losing the other front panel usb port or is there a way to connect both usb ports AND the media card Stupid me thought this would be easy and the case would just connect to my internal usb port on my pci card like my gf s computer I am having a similar problem with my audio connections I only have wires yet there are pins to connect to worse so the manual and the case use different terminology Is there a link somewhere were I can read up on this And to top it off with a stupid question my mobo mentions nothing about firewire ports anywhere in the manual so I am guessing that even though I have firewire ports now through a pci card that there is no way to hook up that front port Well thanks for any help you can offer I think I will go spend an hour or so reading other posts and chipping in where I can I m starting to feel like quite the mooch around here nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All,I have upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 a month ago. A week back I changed my system Motherboard and Graphics Card for higher resolution gaming activity.It?s giving an error about Windows not genuine. I tried to enter product key from previous OS but that not getting accept.I called Microsoft Support Team and they are forcing me to buy a new Product Key for Windows 10.Please suggest. Regards,Lou Nemec

A:How come windows 10 no longer genuine after I replaced MOBO

Your OEM product key that came with your original installation is tied to the original motherboard and not transferable. I understand that the more expensive Retail versions of Windows can be transferred but the OEM license cannot be. You are going to have to purchase a new license or new copy of Windows (either 7 or 10 but if you plan on staying with 10 then that is what you should go for). If the license is high, you can purchase a new OEM version ($99. home, $139. Pro) easily enough and have the install disk as well.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-come-windows-10-no-longer-genuine-after-i-replaced-mobo/492.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, brand new kid here. Fairly computer literate but not a whiz by any means. I had to do a Windows XP System Recovery on my HP desktop PC a few weeks ago and since then my USB 2.0 ports haven't been themselves.

Before when I used my Kingston 4gb SDHC card in my front USB 2.0 ports (as they're labeled) it worked at full speed with no problems. After the System Recovery, when I plug in the card it gives me a message saying "This device could perform faster if it were plugged into a High Speed USB 2.0 Port." The problem is, my Device Manager lists a high speed port and hub on my computer, but I get the same message on all the ports on my computer. I tried updating the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling them but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this?

Relevancy 52.03%

My Asus Crosshair IV SATA cluster is full. 2 SSD's, 3 HDD's and 1 of 2 Blueray drives connected. Need to connect at least 2 more SATA devices and power them. I have a open E1 sata port that is separate from the 6 port cluster but I believe that is for optical drives only, which would help with the 2 of 2 Blueray I believe but I still need a solution so I can connect a third SSD.
Even though I do have another set of SATA power connectors they may not reach spot where SSD will be. Any way to power a SATA device separate from power supply?

Best options if any?

System specs in profile page.

A:SATA Mobo cluster full. What are my options for more ports?

Honestly, your best option for simplicity and performance is to simplify. That's a crazy amount of drives to have in one system. If that was my system, I'd leave one SSD, and then add in 2 2 TB drives, or set up a cheap WHS box to store much of my data that isn't needed on a daily basis.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/239707-sata-mobo-cluster-full-what-my-options-more-ports.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi First time poster looking for a little help I m building a system around an Intel DX BT motherboard I was able to install XP fine After I installed the MB device drivers and rebooted the USB ports became unresponsive I can get into and manipulate BIOS fine but once the bootcodes disappear it seems power mobo on DX38BT ports USB off BIOS after Intel like all the USB ports lose power - the numlock on the keyboard and the laser on the mouse go out Windows boots and hitting the power switch causes Windows to initiate a shutdown so the system isn t locked I ve tried the following Booting from the DVD drive - system doesn t respond to KB at the quot Press any key to bood from CD quot prompt Tried all available USB ports Removed all non-essential USB ports power off after BIOS on Intel DX38BT mobo hardware including FP USB ports Reseting BIOS to quot Optimal quot settings Resetting BIOS using the HW jumper Removing all hardware and reseating the motherboard Replacing the CPU longshot but I was getting desperate Removing the hard disk on the off chance USB drivers loaded very early Booting from a USB drive yea I thought it was pointless too but again None of the above helped I m leaning towards quot there s an issue quot with the mb but can t explain why installing new drivers in Windows would cause the issue Thoughts nbsp

A:USB ports power off after BIOS on Intel DX38BT mobo

I think it is a simple case of not having all your drivers and downloads installed.
The secret is usually in the Chipset, rather than the BIOS, but also in the Embedded Controller... and other downloads. If you have all the possible downloads installed (BIOS, Chipset, Audio, Video Graphics, Ethernet, etc.) , then run Microsoft Windows Updates four times, rebooting after each install, and adding all your other microsoft software, you should see everything working.
After each round of updates... drivers, then Microsoft... check your device manager to see what is missing, or what is showing up as yellow or red alert flags.
Then go to www.belarc.com and download the free Belarc Advisor. Once downloaded, run updates. Then Belarc will give you a complete list of what is installed, and what updates are still needed. The Free Everest is better, but is not updated as frequently as needed... Belarc always shows any missing updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-power-off-after-bios-on-intel-dx38bt-mobo.103607/
Relevancy 52.03%

I setup 2 eSATA ports so I could plug in removable hard drives. My computer doesn't recognize the media. I know the SATA ports work, as all my hard drives are using SATA ports on the mobo. I'm currently running windows xp pro 64 bit. I know my media works, because I can connect to it via USB or firewire, just not eSATA. Am I missing a driver or setup files for my motherboard? I recently flashed my motherboard's bios and updated it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dx58so-mobo-issues-with-esata-ports.123008/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R MB has six SATA ports controlled through an Intel ICH9R device. They are coloured orange. I have two hdd's inhabiting the first two of these ports (and a third hdd on the sole IDE port). The MB has two additional SATA ports coloured purple and said to be managed by a Gigabyte SATA2 controller. Why provide these competing ports and controllers? Is there an advantage to be gained from using the Gigabyte ports rather than the Intel controlled ports?

The Gigabyte manual and the web site are devoid of any explanation. On the face of it both controllers seem to be capable of the same 3Gb/s speeds.

A:Solved: Gigabyte mobo with choice of SATA ports/controllers

I suspect the purple sata points are for a RAID setup,
If they are RAID is normally printed nearby on the motherboard, to be sure you need to check the motherboard manual

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gigabyte-mobo-with-choice-of-sata-ports-controllers.779191/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all First post so bear with me Thanks Here s the situation I m replacing the internals on a brand new Toshiba Satellite Pro L after it was doused in sweet tea I was able to procure a new mobo and USB ports No power after replacing USB L630 to Satellite and Toshiba mobo Card reader board for about half the price of the laptop and the cleaning replacement went smoothly Here s the rub though -Brand new Mobo -Brand new card reader USB board -Brand new connectors Computer accepts power and shows powered on Even boots However as soon as the USB board is plugged in the entire rig looses power until it is unplugged and reset with the power button Odder still even though the old board acts a bit odd keeps trying to turn the computer on as soon as it s plugged in it behaves the same way Old and new USB boards both cause the board to lose power I ve done full electrical testing and even though the power circuits show full power at the DC in jack the board drops to half power and then loses it completely as soon as either USB board is plugged Both boards behave the same even when nothing else is connected except for the USB board Completely lost at this point Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:No power to Toshiba Satellite L630 after replacing mobo and USB ports

The replacement motherboard is probably bad. Have I ever bought bad motherboards? YES! Both for laptops and desktops...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-toshiba-satellite-l630-after-replacing-mobo-and-usb-ports.166370/
Relevancy 49.02%

First I must say this is my grandparents' computer so what is listed here is all the information I personally have but I feel as though it should be complete When the computer first Spyware. From Seemingly Many Stemming Problems boots up many programs begin that are not wanted Occasionally uninstalling certain programs doesn't stop them These programs will create pop-ups on websites and even create entirely new windows with websites like adultfriendfinder theonlybookmark etc One program has even Many Problems Seemingly Stemming From Spyware. changed the desktop wallpaper to say that the system is heavily infected and there is no longer a desktop tab on the properties window which is accessed by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking properties The problem has also led my grandparents to download various quot anti-spyware quot programs that seem to perpetuate the problem It's hard to tell what legitimate spyware removal tools they may have from the plethora of fakes I have downloaded HiJackThis and have a log that will accompany this message I appreciate any help you can give Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Many Problems Seemingly Stemming From Spyware. saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exec Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEc Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Many Problems Seemingly Stemming From Spyware. WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exeC WINDOWS sysabmpmfr exeC WINDOWS sysawechod exeC WINDOWS sysavxjgdu exeC WINDOWS sysahbecjh exeC WINDOWS sysatjsicj exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files SpyShredder SpyShredder exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files SysCleaner SysCleaner exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn YTBSDK exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories WORDPAD EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a arm seconduserR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main D... Read more

A:Many Problems Seemingly Stemming From Spyware.

Hello Needsomehelp,Welcome to Bleeping Computer Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147298/many-problems-seemingly-stemming-from-spyware/
Relevancy 49.02%

So programs from opening stemming problems certain im on firefox like normal it freezes like it sometimes does ok I re-click on it my computer starts flipping out about how their was a disc corrupted and im not able to start my computer up also i think it was a blue screen of death I have to re install windows and wipe my computer to fix the problem I start with fresh windows i had to manually re install the driver from a disc to get my internet to problems stemming from opening certain programs work again for some reason Now here s the weirdest part of all i can start google chrome what im using now problems stemming from opening certain programs with no problems easily and it works as well as it normally would But the moment i start using firefox and now that i problems stemming from opening certain programs tested it also internet explorer the program freezes after using it for a bit then if i try to use it again my computer crashes but now it dosent crash to the point i have to wipe and re install windows also a blue screen error happens when i try to do a full scan on malwarebyes http en wikipedia org wiki CHKDSK it brings up something like this after it does blue screen and restarts please can someone help me im really worried because i just bought this gaming computer and i dont want it to go die on me

A:problems stemming from opening certain programs

please can someone help me i got suggested to try to run CHKDSK /R at the end of it said please wait to restart your computer..

then it blue screen again..

now it blue screen no matter what i do in less then being on it for less then 5 minutes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459984/problems-stemming-from-opening-certain-programs/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have a laptop running windows vista it s incapable of running anything better which has overnight seemingly run into a series of serious issues Please take note non of these symptoms were apparent last night They are in no particular order Avira Avira antivirus unable to complete scan the program will apparently. from one stemming issues session, Various start but will make Various issues stemming from one session, apparently. no progress and close after a few moments with no error message Interestingly Malwarebytes is uneffected yet finds nothing of note Avira fireewall and pc protection apparently ok though this is obviously bs Keyboard wont recognise most inputs save for down arrow and the letter K at which point it wil type k ------- etc ad infinitum this is what really worries me Mouse Strange mouse movements will select bottom most option above all others in any list in windows automatically click and drag also effected causes mouse to drag all items down Screen takes a long time to show desktop when opening primary account sometimes will show nothing but a mouse on black screen untill reboot Guest account unaffected by screen problem but others seem to persist In terms of a symptom rundown i understand this might seem a little random please understand that its hard to run some basic tests with no keyboard Mouse problem is managable as it is intermitent rather than persistant and finally that keeyboard problems are not limited to windows but pre-windows boot as well I cant access boot menu for instance nor select safe mode on reboot This might all be way to much in which case i shall take it to my local shop They are however highly overpriced and lazy so i thought i should find some other advice first Thankyou for you time Please help Whatever name nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/various-issues-stemming-from-one-session-apparently.1130446/
Relevancy 49.02%

malware is causing popups from antispywaresuite and other places to pop up repeatedly in IEattempts to remove via spybot s amp d adaware and smitfraudfix have failed Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Steve on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware Stemming Installation From Malware Antispywaresuite - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG - - UTC - RP - Removed AVG - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - Malware Stemming From Antispywaresuite Installation - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Malware Stemming From Antispywaresuite Installation Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS system BCMWLTRY EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files CA Malware Stemming From Antispywaresuite Installation SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxCfg exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxFwHlp exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxPol exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxAgent exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus isafe exeC WINDOWS system gearsec exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NicConfigSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus vetmsg exeC WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC Program Files Zune ZuneNss exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS system alg exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfsem exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY EXEC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exeC WINDOWS Imgtask exeC Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus cavrid exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware PPCtlPriv exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite ccprovsp exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware CAPPActiveProtection exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Documents and Settings Steve D PC B Local Settings Temporary Internet F... Read more

A:Malware Stemming From Antispywaresuite Installation

Hello Robert Press, You have several malware infections on this computer. Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update. Updating Java: Download the latest version of Sun Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5. Scroll down to where it says "Sun Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5". Click the "Download" button to the right. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement". The page will refresh. Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u5-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u5-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.*********************Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it. Click the Scan for Vundo button. Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo. When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK. Turn your computer back on. Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here*********************Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140103/malware-stemming-from-antispywaresuite-installation/
Relevancy 49.02%

So I had a vundo/dropper.agent.dgo problem that I think Papakid has helped me remove mostly.But I am unable to complete the steps necessary to secure my computer because I keep getting errors with the installer service. Some things I can install and some things I can't. I also have no sound, nor is my printer recognized. I've already tried everything from this link:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175/en-us to no avail. The results along with a fresh HJT log are near the end of my original post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123695/dropperagentdgo-vundo/If anyone is interested in helping me with my problem it would be greatly appreciated. Sure I could reformat. But if I do that then the terrorists win and my 40 days of agony will be in vain. Thank you in advance.

A:Msi Problems Stemming From Malware Removal

Hello +duracell-,

I see that your HiJack This thread is still active. Given that, you should follow the advice only of your helper, in this case PapaKid, to keep from confusing things. If you haven't already, please post about your Msi issue in your HiJack thread.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129103/msi-problems-stemming-from-malware-removal/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Thank you in advance to whoever chimes in to assist me in clearing up the following problems Your time and assistance are much appreciated If I could take you out for a beer I would BACKGROUNDIn downloading a music file earlier this week I contracted a nasty virus and or Problems Stemming from Vundo Plus Malware Antivirus / malware First I received numerous pop-ups from quot Antivirus Plus quot Second my Anti-virus program Symantec spotted a Trojon Vundo virus I first approached the situation Problems Stemming from Antivirus Plus Malware / Vundo by following all steps posted on the forum for removing quot Antivirus Plus quot available here Bleepingcomputer com - Remove Antivirus PlusWhile the Antivirus Plus malware has seemingly disappeared numerous problems remain which I believe are the result of either the Vundo or another virus I thought my Symantec had taken care of it but perhaps not REMAINING SYMPTOMSSince my computer has started acting funny I ve noted several key symptoms I m sure there are more that I do not know about yet but as my computer has generally degenerated in functionality I ve noted the following I cannot access GMail at all When I attempt to open it in Firefox I receive the following message Not Found The requested URL accounts ServiceLogin was not found on this server Apache Red Hat Server at www google com Po I cannot log into the secure network at my work place to use the wireless Nor am I able to search for nearby wireless signals as my Intel PROset Wireless program will not open iTunes will not play music When I try to open iTunes I receive the following message quot iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly quot I ve received several System error messages I ve received numerous Messages along the lines of the following quot The instruction at x f a referenced memory at x f a The memory could not be written quot When I attempt to open certain websites particularly off of Google searches I am immediately re-directed to advertising spam-type sites at different URLs I have provided the DDS and RootRepeal logs below as well as two versions of the DDS quot Attach quot file - one from earlier this week when I first noted the problem and one from today The earlier one is labeled quot Attch- quot and today s version is labeled quot Attach- quot I did so because I thought it would be helpful to capture some of the earlier quot Event Viewer quot history that may have disappeared as the week wore on DDS amp ROOTREPEAL LOGSDDSDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Michael S at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ngvpnmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system stsystra exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Apoint HidFind exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Progr... Read more

A:Problems Stemming from Antivirus Plus Malware / Vundo

I committed computer suicide and reformatted. Please close this post. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293504/problems-stemming-from-antivirus-plus-malware-vundo/
Relevancy 48.59%

Here are logs as run under direction of Garmanman SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Loghttp www superantispyware comGenerated at PMApplication Version Core Rules Database Version Trace Rules Database Version Scan type Complete ScanTotal Scan Time Memory items scanned Memory threats detected Registry items scanned Registry threats detected File items scanned File threats detected Adware Tracking CookieC Documents and Settings Sherna Cookies sherna doubleclick txtAdware Casino Games Golden Palace Casino C POKER PADDY POWER POKER CASINO EXETrojan Vundo-Variant FC WINDOWS SYSTEM AZIPCONTMN DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSFOLDERAZIPCNT DLL Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Appreciated Stemming Rootkit Help Any USB from Infection Problem Database version Windows Service Pack mbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick ScanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected Rootkit Problem Stemming from USB Infection - Any Help Appreciated No Rootkit Problem Stemming from USB Infection - Any Help Appreciated malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected Ran the DrWeb application at the end but nothing was found and no log generated RootRepeal Log ROOTREPEAL AD - Scan Start Time Program Version Version Windows Version Windows XP SP Drivers-------------------Name dump atapi sysImage Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump atapi sysAddress xAA D Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name dump WMILIB SYSImage Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump WMILIB SYSAddress xF AD Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name rootrepeal sysImage Path C WINDOWS system drivers rootrepeal sysAddress xA DEE Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Hidden Locked Files-------------------Path C hiberfil sysStatus Locked to the Windows API Path C pagefil sysStatus Locked to the Windows API Path c documents and settings sherna local settings temp df tmpStatus Allocation size mismatch API Raw Path c documents and settings sherna local settings temp dfe e tmpStatus Allocation size mismatch API Raw Path C Documents and Settings Sherna Local Settings Temp DF D tmpStatus Visible to the Windows API but not on disk Path c program files o o broadband usb modem o broadband log atrecord txtStatus Size mismatch API Raw Path c program files o o broadband usb modem o broadband log callbalk trace txtStatus Size mismatch API Raw Path C Documents and Settings Sherna Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE V EDIBU live player playlist temp xmlStatus Invisible to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings Sherna Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE XXD NNGM live player playlist temp xmlStatus Invisible to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings Sherna Local Settings Apps O O NTN R OQ X YL GX manifests clickonce bootstrap exe cdf-msStatus Locked to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings Sherna Local Settings Apps O O NTN R OQ X YL GX manifests clickonce bootstrap exe manifestStatus Locked to the Windows API EOF Windiag Log Running from C Documents and Settings Sherna Desktop Win kDiag exeLog file at C Documents and Settings Sherna Desktop Win kDiag txtWARNING Could not get backup privileges Searching 'C WINDOWS' Finished LOG TXT Volume in drive C has no label Volume Serial Number is -B Directory of C WINDOWS ERDNT cache scecli dllDirectory of C WINDOWS ERDNT cache netlogon dllDirectory of C WINDOWS ERDNT cache eventlog dll File s bytesDirectory of C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i scecli dllDirectory of C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i netlogon dllDirectory of C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i eventlog dll File s bytesDirectory of C WINDOWS system... Read more

A:Rootkit Problem Stemming from USB Infection - Any Help Appreciated

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263906/rootkit-problem-stemming-from-usb-infection-any-help-appreciated/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently download a slew of legacy games for my laptop but I was too lazy to emulate an OS for them, now I notice that whenever I try to play any of them that no matter what I get a little box about a third of my screen size, the rest is black. This box isn't affected by having "Run Maximized" or the other two options checked, this feature seems not to work suddenly, there was one particular game that kept crashing the system, it only did this after that mess, it might be some kind of protective measure that has to do with Comodo perhaps, I don't know and I'm not inclined to care other than wanting this fixed.

I'm not restoring of course so just tell me what the problem is.

A:Display issues stemming from compatibility mode (maybe).

Solved, Intel has a scaling display feature which is selected by default at optimal resolutions, it has other options at other resolutions, including the center option (which isn't present for most resolutions), this was turned on for some reason, even though I did not myself turn the resolution down to make the option selectable in the first place, the solution was to turn the resolution down; then tick it off then turn it back to one of the optimal ones where it was not present. This is done via Intel's manager program.Thanks for all the help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564839/display-issues-stemming-from-compatibility-mode-maybe/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey
Today i just bought some ear phones, with a connected mouth piece. Problem is that my two front ports are dodgy for the microphone and headphones. So if i put the jacks from my headset into the back, i have to take out my speaker input.. Is there any way i can have the speakers in, and the headset and revert back to each without going at the back and changing them? Any help appreciated
Thanks

A:Headset not working, front ports not working

First, its possible inside your computer case, there is just a loose cable that is causing the problem with the front jacks on your computer. Check inside, right behind where the earphone jack is for a cord running to somewhere on your motherboard or Sound card.

If that dosn't work,
Do you have a CD/DVD player with a earphone jack and have you tried that?
Assuming its the port that is bad itself and not just loose, you could check in at radio shack, bestbuy, or newegg.com for a cord that splits the output. If you get lucky you might find one with a chanel select that will allow you to swap which recieves the output.
The other option, from radio shack I got a Bluetooth USB adapter for $20 and a good pair of BT earphones, again purchased online for cheap (I recommend samsung BT500 earphones).

Another alternative, my speakers have a earphone jack in them as well (the computer speakers, as well as the reciever I currently have my sound card plugged into).

If you have a quality home theater set up, for $80 on new egg you can pick up a good soundcard with optical, Coax, and AV out which you plug into your home entertainment center that again will allow you to use headphones.
Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-not-working-front-ports-not-working.831337/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Windows 10 Laptop (Dell) that consistently reboots when the user is at home and trying to get work done via VPN through the SonicWall Global VPN Client. There are 50 dmp files in the attached zip file, so plenty to analyze. From the ones that I looked at, all the fault modules seemed to be one kind of a networking driver or another.

What I'm hoping to figure out is what I can do about it. I know that the VPN client is part of the problem, but it is at the latest version available (4.9.9.1016). I'm hoping you fine folks could maybe point me in the direction of something else that I can do to fix the BSOD problem.

Thanks so much!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50541-consistent-bsods-stemming-sonicwall-global-vpn-client.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I ran file problems from corrupt installation with system Different stemming the sfc scannow and put the results in a txt file Here is the error that came up - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot DDORes dll quot of Microsoft-Windows-DDORes Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral Different problems with installation stemming from corrupt system file VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot DDORes dll quot of Microsoft-Windows-DDORes Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI e SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd WindowsFoundationDelivery quot - - Info CSI e SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows SysWOW quot l quot DDORes dll quot source file in store is also corrupted what do I do to fix this or do I just follow the instructions I found to replace the DDORes dll file in the SysWOW folder The only issue with the instructions I found is that they do not tell me how to get past the issue of not having permissions to interact with files in the systems files folders to replace the file Thanks for any help

A:Different problems with installation stemming from corrupt system file

...I may have put this in the wrong section but I'm not sure...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219457-different-problems-installation-stemming-corrupt-system-file.html
Relevancy 47.73%

OK so I got a call about midnight Mess of trouble from stemming Drive Error Optical from a girl I know who probably just broke her machine for good and I m having a nice fun time trying to fix it She seems to have been having issues with her CD DVD drive on an older Sony Viao I guess the drivers weren t working properly so she deleted them Specifically she deleted cdrom sys imapi sys redbook sys and SiRemFil sys I guess since the CD-ROM device was using them she figured windows update would reload them if she deleted them So now they re gone but luckily she says she made a backup on her desktop Mess of trouble stemming from Optical Drive Error Unfortunately windows xp doesn t want to boot up for her anymore to use that backup And now I m up at AM trying to help her boot her computer So my question How the heck do I move these backup files from her desktop folder back into her drivers folder I created a DOS boot CD She has no floppy drive and neither do I that works on my personal xp machine but I m a young n and never really had to use a DOS interface beyond typing quot win exe quot back in the day I can t even get this thing to change directories back Mess of trouble stemming from Optical Drive Error to the C prompt for me I could really use anybody s help with this I ve got an image to protect Thanks nbsp

A:Mess of trouble stemming from Optical Drive Error

Try a system repair:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mess-of-trouble-stemming-from-optical-drive-error.696799/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 46.44%

First off this is my first post on your forums I m fairly handy with a computer if I get detailed instructions Not the type to dig into it without knowing what i m doing haha Anyways not to waste your time this is the details of my problem s PC info Dell running XP home edition About as much as I know about it So everything ran fine for the longest time - years I think Ran norton antivirus for years then went unprotected slew from stemming source? help! virus the including please all a problems redirection illiterate computer of A same I'm for a year or so Got a little worried I might end up with a virus so I purchased AVG antivirus Installed it A slew of problems including a redirection virus all stemming from the same source? I'm computer illiterate please help! and within a week I got hit with some virus trying to remember the exact name VirusGuard I think that s right It un-installed my AVG and to this day A slew of problems including a redirection virus all stemming from the same source? I'm computer illiterate please help! prevents me from re-installing it So I dug around online looking for a way to get rid of it Found a useful post with quite detailed instructions on removing the virus Followed those instructions precisely Virus is removed or is it The symptoms of the virus were gone but I still could not re-install AVG or any other virus software for that matter So I had Malwarebytes anti-malware on my PC and that was it So my PC was gradually getting worse and worse Redirection sites freezes random programs getting ended etc etc etc Then today I boot up my PC and attempt to run malwarebytes and I get an error quot Malwarebytes anti-malware has experienced a problem and needs to shut down quot please send error report So I thought oh well malwarebytes probably wasn t doing much anyways So I try to open Windows Media player and I get the same error I get that error when trying to open nearly everything I can open firefox safely though still nagged by redirections and such though Is there a way to get rid of my virus problems once and for all Since this all started i ve not felt safe doing anything on my PC at all Could really use your help everyone Thank you in advance --Lorax--

A:A slew of problems including a redirection virus all stemming from the same source? I'm computer illiterate please help!

From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201243/a-slew-of-problems-including-a-redirection-virus-all-stemming-from-the-same-source-im-computer-illiterate-please-help/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all ive thoroughly read the preparation thread however i can t run any problems only systemtool stemming redirected, in from infection? getting safe access internet mode, keep Can applications in normal mode so i doubt DDS or GMER wont run However once ive posted this thread i will try again Over the past fortnight i have had about SytemTool infections I have completed various Complete SystemTool Removal guides and i have been under the impression that i HAVE completely removed it everytime The laptop would run fine after removal no pop ups no blocked programs no Can only access internet in safe mode, keep getting redirected, problems stemming from systemtool infection? wallpaper changes no slow running but after a period of time anything up to hours SystemTool would of re-installed its self The SystemTool installation always seemed to be prompted by a Sun Microsystems Java splash screen which would appear of its own accord then dissappear apart from the Java icon in the bottom right corner minutes later hey presto SystemTool would be back Since removing system tool the last time i am now unable to access the internet in normal start up mode the network icon has the exclamation mark and i cannot open up any programs the start menu loads quickly however nothing will load off it In the system tray i get a pop up off windows not systemtool telling me windows has blocked up start up programs the only program is has blocked is antimalware When i check my eventlog which i can only do through safe mode i get these errorsDCOM got error quot quot while attempting to start the service MDM with arguments quot quot in Can only access internet in safe mode, keep getting redirected, problems stemming from systemtool infection? order to run the serverI have a long list of those errors alsoSecurity - Audit errors quot Windows firewall was unable to notify the user Can only access internet in safe mode, keep getting redirected, problems stemming from systemtool infection? that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network quot ALSO i get redirected to various websites when using the internet safe mode i get sent to websites such aswww premmo comclick-to-validate i will add to the list when they pop up again as there are more than just these two EDIT Additions www searchpro it directed me to the click-to-validate site then quickly to searchpro so i didnt have time to read the urlhttp clicks myfastresult com xtr new http secure bidvertiser com performance bdv rd dbm enparms - amp ioa amp ncm amp bd ref v www bidvertiser com amp TREF amp WIN NAME amp Category amp ownid amp u agnt amp skter rnzmfhg Bvhvmzkzq Bvsg Bwmz Bmlln Bvsg amp frdto oh Df f Diz z Dhg x Dgz Dwrg rnzmfhg Bvhvmzkzq Bvsg Bwmz Bmlln Bvsg Dnivg Dwrwz FpxroXwz FveivHwz Fnlx hwzpox F F Akggshttp filter ekind com ncp Default aspx term the moon and the japanese tsunami amp u http virtualfindit com search php q the moon and the japanese tsunami amp sa amp sid amp p amp s amp qt amp mk Im going to restart now into normal mode and attempt DDS and GMERI hope this is in the right section Thanks in Advance Max

A:Can only access internet in safe mode, keep getting redirected, problems stemming from systemtool infection?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logNote:If you are unable to run a Gmer scan due the fact you are running a64bit machine please run the following tool and post its log.Please download MBRCheck to your desktop.1. Double click MBRCheck.exe to run it (Right click and run as Administrator for Vista).2. It will open a black window, please do not fix anything (if it gives you an option).3. Exit that window and it will produce a log (MBRCheck_date_time).4. Please post that log when you reply.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385850/can-only-access-internet-in-safe-mode-keep-getting-redirected-problems-stemming-from-systemtool-infection/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a DIY box with an Asus P5K-E mobo that provides SATA II ports. I upgraded to a pair of Samsung 850 EVO ssds and naturally got a great speed boost. Now I am getting greedy and thinking about doubling my gains with a SATA III controller card. I have been reading online and I am seeing indications that I may not get much if any speed boost that way. Would those of you experienced with doing what I am contemplating please chime in and tell me if you achieved improvement and if so what card did you use? I am running Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home, one on each ssd, no RAID is involved.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63164-sata-iii-pci-cards-computer-sata-ii-ports-mobo.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I recently installed a new hard drive and re-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (FYI this is a retail version) on my laptop.

Now it seems that two out of the three USB ports on my computer aren't working. The ones next to the CD drive are unresponsive. The lone USB port on the other side of the computer works fine.

I've tried looking at the device manager but the USB drivers seem to be working fine, I didn't see any errors.

The only drivers that show up in device manger as not being installed are, PCI Simple Communications Controller, Fingerprint Sensor, Ethernet Controller, and Unknown Device.

The computer came integrated with a webcam so that may be the unknown device showing up in the device manager.
The laptop is a Toshiba Tecra A11-S3530 running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Thanks
Nick

A:2 out of 3 USB Ports not working

Hi Nick Welcome to Seven Forums .. More than likely you need a USB 3 Driver .. Card Reader for that pci Device .. All the Drivers you need can be found in the Link below

Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/300036-2-out-3-usb-ports-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All im new to this forum I have been searching the net for a solution to my usb port problem They just stopped working all of a sudden i have even restored my system to factory default with a recovery disk set and they still wont work i have Operating System System ModelWindows Home Premium x build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Kingdom Acer Aspire V System Serial Number LXPGW A Enclosure Type NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron Dual-Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Acer Aspire V Serial Number Base Board Serial Number Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Acer V Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space Slimtype DVD A DS A S CD-ROM drive Hitachi HTS B A Hard drive GB -- drive s n PB Q C M SG SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number Slot DIMM has MB serial number Local Drive Volumes c NTFS ports not ;o( working USB on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detectedPrinters Microsoft Shared Fax Driveron SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writeron XPSPort Controllers DisplayIntel R ICH M-E M SATA AHCI Controller Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Display adapter x LGD LP WH -TLA Monitor quot vis Bus Adapters MultimediaIntel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB ports not working ;o( USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB USB ports not working ;o( Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Realtek High Definition AudioVirus Protection Back to Top new Group PoliciesNo details available None discoveredCommunications Other Devices Microsoft AC Adapter Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Microsoft Composite Battery Launch Manager Keyboard Synaptics PS Port TouchPad Mouse USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy I have a external hd gb which when plugged in to either ports lights up an sounds like itsd running but computer cannot seem to find it nor any other device used PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have Windows Xp and I have been using this laptop for Not Working? Ports USB well over a year now but suddenly as soon as I plugged in my iPod the other day Which I have done many times before without a problem I get a message at the bottom of my screen telling me there s a power surge on my hub port I don t have an external hub port so I m guessing this is where the main power source for my USB is I also noticed my iPod wasn t being recognized So I unplugged my iPod afraid that it would fry and I haven t used the laptop for a few days now Well now I ve decided to move all my files to a new computer seeming as how this one looks like it s going to have problems but the thing is my USB Ports won t recognize anything anymore I need to be able to plug in my flashdrive one last time to transfer all my files but my computer won t recognize it It s like the ports are shot I have no idea what to do I really want to be able to transfer all these files before I USB Ports Not Working? ditch the computer Help nbsp

A:USB Ports Not Working?

You could network the laptop with an ethernet cable to the other computer and move the files that way.

You could take the harddrive out of the laptop and use a ide or sata (if its not very old then probably sata) to usb converter and plug it in to the other computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-working.977897/
Relevancy 45.58%

Two of the USB ports intermittely do not work.
Could that be caused by too many peripheral connected to it. (six)
In one of the useable port I use a four port USB dongle to compensate for the lack of ports, but even that one does not always work.
The mother board is a nettle3 MCP61PM-HM.

A:some USB ports not working

Hopefully one of the hardware aficionados will chime in. But this may be of interest:
Five Best USB Hubs

I would go with externally powered solutions. One thing you can try that shouldn't hurt anything is boot into safe mode and uninstall the usb stuff in Device Manager. On reboot Windows will reinstall the same drivers. This often fixes stuff that works but does not work correctly.

But I suspect you are sharing the internal power across too many ports.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303921-some-usb-ports-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

using wireless and now cable So I have this problem where my internet isnt working even though I'm fully connected It started this morning and when I ran the diagnostic from the quot IE cannot open page quot page it said that windows can't connect using HTTp HTTPS or FTP probably caused by firewall settings check setting Ports something) 443 not 21, 80 (or and working for port port and Ports 21, 80 and 443 not working (or something) port Via google I found a similar problem http forums techguy org web-email s- -ftp html -if it helps where the advice given was to reboot in Safe mode with networking I found an Ports 21, 80 and 443 not working (or something) ethernet cable and plugged it in but when I tried starting up my computer in Ports 21, 80 and 443 not working (or something) safe mode all it said that it couldn't due to power failure power-reset button was pressed neither of which happened I'm pretty sure It seems that the advice for this would be to get a diagnostic off of wherever but as the internet isn't working I can't Any advice Oh and my dad was using it when it started and just said some pop-ups came up and he clicked something Thanks for reading and or helping but could any advice be in laymans terms thanks again

A:Ports 21, 80 and 443 not working (or something)

Open a command prompt and see if you can ping yahoo (ping www.yahoo.com) see if you get any replies. I would run a virus scan and make sure the popup did not give you malware. If so, follow the 5 steps in my sig.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ports-21-80-and-443-not-working-or-something-280824.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hello. fo a while two (the right ones) of my USB hadnt been working, no big deal, i have 2 more on the left; but now none are working. i tried charging my iphone and i tried all 4 of them, and none responded. i did the update driver fix and nothing helped

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-Ports-not-working/td-p/5794714
Relevancy 45.58%

I am working on a friends laptop, a Dell Inspiron 9200 running Windows XP Pro with SP3. I have it working well now except the USB ports do not work.

The laptop was in pretty bad shape when I started. I remove Norton Antivirus (subscription expired 3 years ago), removed a few trojans and viruses using Malwarebytes and Combofix, and installed AVG Free. I also cleaned up the temp files, compacted the registry using NTRegOpt, and defragmented the drive.

I have tried uninstalling the USB controllers and let Windows reinstall them, verified working status in Device manager, and disabled USB device power management. I also plugged in a USB mouse and verified the ports are supplying power.

I should add that the USB ports did not work before any of the above, but I know they worked two years ago. Ideas?

Relevancy 45.58%

Windows XP Professional with all USB Working none them Ports at of Not -- Service Pack on an HP Pavilion a w with Pentium -GHz processor and RAM In System under Universal Serial Bus Controllers everything looks normal just like it does in any system where everything is working properly There are no alerts on any devices But absolutely nothing happens when I plug a USB device USB Ports Not Working at all -- none of them into any of the three ports on the front of the computer or the four on the back To be clear absolutely NOTHING happens--no ding nothing on the screen -- nothing I USB Ports Not Working at all -- none of them ve tried three known-good USB drives of different brands that work well on other systems Two were USB USB Ports Not Working at all -- none of them flash drives and another was a hard disk in an enclosure Updated the BIOS and enabled USB I ve also tried disabling it rebooting and re-enabling I tried the on-disk HP System Recovery formatted and all and I ve tried installing from an off-the-shelf Windows XP Pro CD Hoping chipset drivers might help I ve looked for them but I haven t found any on the HP site and I really don t know how to even look anywhere else nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

i have had this problem before and i ended up doing a full format to fix it along with a few other problems at the time but now its doing it again when i try my usb stick in any of the usb ports it just wont recognise it it doesnt even usb again working ports not pop up with a message or anything nothing happens at all when i turn my printer on it wont recognise that either and the cable for that has never been taken out i have a wireless keyboard and mouse which use a single usb reciever which still works fine my usb wireless networking adaptor still works ok and i also have a d mouse which i use for CAD which also still work ok non of these cables are ever removed from there ports i have tried a system restore back to when it was working fine but it hasnt fixed it no drivers appear to be out of date i also run ubuntu as a dual boot and the usb's work fine in that so its definately just a windows problem i am running windows bit thanks

A:usb ports not working again

Try uninstalling all the "USB Root Hubs" in Device Manager (right-click >> Uninstall), then restart Windows to re-install them automatically.

Note: Do not uninstall any of the Host Controllers, just the root hubs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-not-working-again-671789.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Oh dear what have I done now I have a ish year old laptop running USB ports working not right Windows XP pro I ve always used a hub to add USB ports and have never had a problem until now I think it was the phone that did it I just got a new phone and it has a USB charger which USB ports not working right plugs into a wall unit but I assumed that also meant it could charge via computer after all my iPod does It seemed okay though I kept getting little connect and disconnect sounds as if I were plugging and unplugging devices It wasn t until I unplugged the phone that I noticed my keyboard wasn t working Investigating I found that my -port hub had no lights on but the little red power light I plugged the keyboard directly into the computer and it works Okay I thought I fried my hub Dang So I ran into the next room and retrieved my spare that I don t like so much because of the really bright blue light Plugged it in Same thing that happens with the other hub--I got a pop up window saying quot USB Device Not Recognized-One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it For assistance click this message quot I click the message and get a box with a list of ports that starts with quot USB Root Hub ports quot and below that is a list of ports each with a USB symbol in line The first is bold and just says quot Unknown Device quot and all the others say quot unused Port quot I have no idea what to do with this information or what it means When I double click the bold one the box says that the bold one is the one with the problem it says the device is not connected Code and suggests that I reconnect the device This seems to be the same on all my three USB ports I tried plugging in my printer directly and it seems to be reading it as the USB hub It won t work I ve tried it on two of my three ports Yet the keyboard and mouse seem to be fine when directly connected Have I fried the USB ports in the computer rather than the hub s If so gulp what can I do Can I replace them somehow Or do I need to reinstall drivers I do hope the solution is free and relatively easy Or at least not horribly expensive and relatively easy I hope there IS a solution I did try a system restore to December and that did not work nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

2 OF MY 3 USB PORTS ARE NOT WORKING I JUST INSTALLED THE DRIVERS MAYBE I INSTALLED THE WRONG ONES HELP!!!!

SPECS: PAVILLION DM43099SE ENTERTAINMENT PC

A:2 usb ports are not working??

This driver?

Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver HP Pavilion dm4-3099se Beats Edition Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Did you install the chipset driver first?

(Did windows come pre-installed or did you do a fresh install yourself?)

Do USB 2.0 devices work on those ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/239775-2-usb-ports-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

my hp 600b series microtower usb and vga port not working i need help please 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ports-not-working/td-p/5735026
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a medion desktop p4 300 ht with windows media center 2004 sp/2. I recently switched from DSL to cable internet and since that day (at least that was the last time I knew they worked) I have lost the use of all 6 usb ports, device manager says they are there and working, I have updated the drivers and still nothing..... At the same time I have lost my multi card reader.....

A:HELP,,,,, usb ports not working xp sp2

uninstall all usb root hubs and usb, restart pc and let it reinstall.

might fix easily

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-usb-ports-not-working-xp-sp2-247577.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Greeting to you about two weeks ago When I plug in anything All USB ports working. not into my USB front or back the black icon with three arrows pointing to the right comes up on the task bar I click on that and abox comes up showing USB root hub ports and showing a list of All USB ports not working. them all 'unused' exect one that states 'unknown device' AT top states quot one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it quot this happens whatever I plug into the USB flashdisks external harddrives scanner external DVD player etc Except for one the Brother HL- laser printer that works fine I am running WinXP pro with service pack three AMD athlon Asus A N VM motherboard gig ram Have tried using the Motherboard masterdisc to reinstall the USB drivers but comes up with this message quot Please using Windows XP SP Service Pack or later versions you DO NOT need to install this driver because they already contain software support for USB quot Also on the taskbar has appeared the icon a small grey box with green arrow above sloping down to the left this used to only appear after I inserted a external USB device hovering over it It states quot safely remove Hardware quot when double clicking it the details that come up show it is referring to Generic volume - C Generic volume - E I presume this is referring to my sata harddrive which I have partitioned into I am considering formatting the C drive and reinstalling windows as a last resort regards from Mike P S yesterday I changed the motherboard powersupply harddrive into another box No difference

A:All USB ports not working.

With a device plugged into the USB port, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with Yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end.
What is the make and model # of your computer/motherboard? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site. type in your make and model# and download the Chipset Driver for your model.
Go to Start/Run and typed SFC /scannow and press enter. Put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing files from the CD.
When that is done plug in your USB device into the Back USB port of the computer. You should get the new hardware wizard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-usb-ports-not-working-695344.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i have 5 usb ports im running windows xp my usb ports used to work but now all of a sudden all 5 of them have yellow exclamation marks next t o them and they say

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

i have tried to update the driver, i tried uninstalling them reinstalling the drivers but nothing is working. my motherboard is a abit guru i believe if that sounds right i dont know to much about computers so it's kinda hard for me to explain exactly what type of computer im running on but anyways i have the abit disc for the drivers and that doesnt even work can someone please help me i can't live with out my usb ports...

A:please help my usb ports are not working

Hi and welcome to TechSpot Tashatyann!!!

Have you tried getting the latest drivers from the abit website???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-my-usb-ports-are-not-working.64575/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently downgraded my HP 15-r209ni Notebook from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Only Windows 8 drivers are listed under the support page, but they all seemed to install and work just fine. The only problem is that my USB  ports don't work after Windows loads up. There aren't any drivers under the support page and Windows Update can't find them, nor can several driver update programs - It's just listed as an unknown Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller under the Device Manager.  Any idea where I might be able to get those drivers?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/USB-Ports-not-working/td-p/5657104
Relevancy 45.58%

I have tried many different usb sticks and external hard drives that just dont seem to work with my computer. once i connect the device it loads up fine. the problem begins when i transfer data from my cpu to the usb storage. the transfer stops and i usually get an error balloon pop up in the bottom right corner saying that my usb device has malfunctioned and the connect usb device from my computer dissappears. my devices are fine since they work fine on my other computers and transfer files with no problem. So im assuming the problem is the usb ports of this computer. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers of usb ports from device manager but didnt help. any suggestions? oh and i have a Acer Aspire x1700.

A:USB ports not working

The next things I'd try are:

1. "Disable" then "Enable" the USB Devices in Device Manager (different than uninstall and install)

2. Clean out all the ports with canned air

3. Open PC (I assume no responsibility if you damage your system or void your warranty) case and check that all associated wires and plugs are secure (I'd disconnect the connectors and blast them out with air, too).

4. While the PC is open, check to see if all of your usb ports are on the same card/slot (if they are, and none are working, then I'd suspect hardware; if you have ports on different cards that aren't working, I'd lean more toward software/driver issues).

I hope this helps a little! Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-working.975334/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Working USB All Ports 4 Not Toshiba Satellite All 4 USB Ports Not Working pre-loaded with Vista I have had this laptop for approximately years About a year ago my SD card reader stopped working When I say it stopped working I mean that if I inserted a disc into the slot the entire machine would freeze and I would have no choice but to reboot Then I started to use the USB cable to transfer my photos to the laptop rather than using the SD disc Now all of the USB ports are doing the same It freezes only when I select My Computer to open up whatever I have plugged in The funny thing is that if I plug in my cell phone or iPod it will charge them but if I try to open up the device the laptop freezes and I have to physically hold down the Power Button to turn off the laptop I have run several scans and there is no virus trojan malware on my laptop I checked Device Manager and there are no yellow exclamation marks The drivers for the ports are up to date and everything is installed properly I have checked the BIOS settings and it is all normal What else can I do to make this work

A:All 4 USB Ports Not Working

Have you tried reinstalling all USB ports? Sometimes a system scanner or protection software would interfere on USB device access on your computer. Startup type for universal plug and play in services.msc should also be on Automatic. Please check it also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435987/all-4-usb-ports-not-working/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all,

My usb ports don't seem to be working, and I was hoping someboy can guide me into the right direction to get them working again! here is specs of my PC using the services of Belarc Advisor. If there is any other info you need from Belarc please let mw know.

Board: First International Computers P4M-800M PCB 1.x
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/24/2004

OS: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Here is what itsays under BUS Adapters
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (4x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I am running XP SP2. I have 3 usb ports, 2 are not working. Device manager is empty. System restore does not work. Internet connectivity is absent.
Any ideas would be absolutely appreciated. I have searched this forum for the issue. I have tried the apropos fix which seems to be dominant. It has not helped.
Thanks
Ned

Relevancy 45.58%

Please forgive me in advance as I am new to Working USB Ports Not the forum I'm no computer expert but I can get around a bit I don't know my way around the BIOS screen though I would say I'm an intermediate user I suppose I recently got some software hardware for transferring VHS and copying DVD's I decided to hook up my DVD player last night and in the process I mistakenly unplugged my PC while it was still running I've done this once before a year USB Ports Not Working or so ago and had no problems After I turned the PC back on I noticed that my mouse was not lighting up I tried another mouse and it didn't work either I then took the original mouse and hooked it up to my wife's laptop It works just fine I then tried the devices in my other USB ports and none of them are working I can't even charge my iPod I have checked my Device Manager and everything seems to be functioning properly I disabled and re-enabled all of the USB listings under Device Manager Still nothing I searched for updated drivers All are up to date I tried a couple of restore points and it they wouldn't function complete correctly The only thing I did on my PC yesterday was update my iTunes to the latest version I've had someone tell me that by unplugging my PC I may have burned out my USB ports Wouldn't that show as quot device not working quot under the Device Manager if that was the case I have rebooted numerous times Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Please let me know what other information I need to provide if any Again I'm no computer genius Thanks

A:USB Ports Not Working

Go back to device manager, look for little yellow warning markers. If you see any uninstall those drivers and then go to the website and update them.
If there are no yellow warning markers, uninstall the mouse driver but leave mouse plugged in, then boot. Lets see if you get an updated driver.
If you have the DVD that came with the mouse, uninstall driver and use the DVD, again.

Uninstall all the drivers for the USB ports and then boot the computer, see if that works.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293254-usb-ports-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My friend says that ever since his sister used his computer, the keyboard and mouse didn't work. The lights on the mouse are off, but you can still access his bios using the keyboard. He already tried going into bios but said the USB ports are already enabled. The front USB ports dont work either. Sice he has no ps/2 slots, he cant use other keyboards or mouse. So he as no way of navigating through windows. He tried going into safemode but the mouse still didnt work. I'm all out of ideas. Anyone have any solutions?

A:All USB ports not working

Have you ruled out either the keyboard/mouse or USB ports? In other words, have you tried to plug anything else into the USB ports to see if they are still working?

Have you tried a different keyboard?

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-usb-ports-not-working.599654/
Relevancy 45.58%

I hope this is the right place to post So I upgraded this morning from windows to and it all seemed to be working alright Then my usb ports stopped working Can't use mouse doesn't recognize external hard drive or anything else For the first few minutes it was all working ok and I could use my wireless mouse etc I'm usually on a wired internet connection but switched on ports my working. None are USB of the wireless to check that it all None of my USB ports are working. worked right away I noticed items pop up in the task bar which had the word None of my USB ports are working. quot device quot but they None of my USB ports are working. disappeared fairly quickly so I couldn't see what it was all about After that everything stopped working When I go to Device Manager I see a list of quot USB Hub Root quot with yellow exclamations next to them Any ideas how to go about fixing the problem EDIT When I right click on quot USB Hub Root quot it gives me this Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code

A:None of my USB ports are working.

Figured it out. After a bit of searching on google, found someone else had a similar problem. Turns out the driver for my ps3 controller was clashing with the usb root hub ports. Just uninstalled libusb-win32 and everything is working again.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10444-none-my-usb-ports-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

When i plug in my devices to my SUB 2.0 hubs the devices are recognised, however, when searching for the driver software my computer always seems to fail. I can plug all of my devices into one of my USB ports and the devices will work, however, this means
i can only have my mouse working or my keyboard at once and can't use both, however, both are recognised in the one working port and then do not work in any of the others! This is causign me great difficulty trying to get my computer to do all i want it to
do! Does anyone have any ideas that might help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a7818fe-67ae-4669-b9fb-4a3d5403ada2/usb-ports-not-working-?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 45.58%

My USB ports are not working. I am running windows 2000 on a Sony Vaio. When I plug a device in the computer does not recognize it, but will draw power from the port. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, but when I try it usually just freezes up the device manager and I get an error message saying that the device manager is not responding. Which after closing the device manager I cannot open it again unless I reboot the computer. There are no "!" or "?" listed by any device and it says that my devices are working properly and that I am running the most recent drivers. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 45.58%

I have 4 USB ports on this computer. The 2 needed for my keyboard and mouse are working. But the 2 other ones are no longer working.  How do I fix this.  I've tried looking online and have found no help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-Ports-not-working/td-p/5725585