Windows Support Forum

New build wont power on

Q: New build wont power on

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New build wont power on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New build wont power on

Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-power-on.206021/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey everyone,

I built a new system (or rather am in the process) I just got my mobo (EVGA 680i T1). I took it outta it's box, installed the CPU (core2 duo) and heatstink/fan, and then connected the 24-pin and 8-pin power cables from it's awaiting powersupply (750w).

The standby light came on, then when I press the power button (the board power button) the CPU fan / power supply fan came on for a few seconds, then turned off and now it wont turn on at all, though the standby light remains on.

I already tried to reset the CMOS, I haven't tried pop'n out the battery which I read somewhere might fix it, though it seam unlikely. and I tested the power supply which seams to be running fine.

Anyone have any clue what might be going on, and please don't tell me my shiney new board is toast .

-Thanks,

Relevancy 66.22%

ive just assembled it from scratch but it wont power up surely the PSU should at least power but wont up build, new power pc up when i switch it on buy no nothing happens for testing purposes new pc build, but wont power up i tried pluggin the old PSU into the wall as well but that doesnt even power on i wasnt aware that the PSU had to be connected to the pc hardware to work any ideas also when installing the processor it said to apply thermal grease but i dont have any is this a problem i assume it wouldnt have anything to do with the LED leads as the case i have which has the LED wired differs from the motherboard manual windows xp DABSVAL PSU - creative Inspire T Speakers OEM CRUCIAL GB dimm ddr SDRAM SUMSUNG GB RPM S MB harddrive GeForce GTS MB PCIE XT intel Core Duo E S ghz mb gigabyte S Intel P Express ATX motherboard - there s a cdin socket on the MB Which i could swear has something in it on my old asrock MB should there somethin in there also there s an pin lead which comes out of the PSU but the only place i can see where it fits is the graphics card is this correct heres are the links motherboard - http www dabs com productview asp amp PageMode amp NavigationKey PSU - http www dabs com productview asp Id amp PageMode amp NavigationKey harddrive - http www dabs com productview asp PageMode amp NavigationKey memory - http www dabs com ProductView aspx Quicklinx R L graphics card - http www dabs com ProductView asp gationKey amp InMerch processor - http www dabs com productview asp lectedId amp PageMode amp NavigationKey nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have just finished putting together a new build with the following components:
ARIANET Triumph Black Midi Tower Case w/ 450W Power Supply

Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

Corsair Value Select 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Module

Asus p8h61-m le/usb3 motherboard

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII
When I plug it in and turn it on, the power light on the motherboard turns on and the cpu fan starts to move then immediately stops.

I have tried reseating all the connections, and I tried different memory from my main pc, but with no change in result.

Can anyone suggest what could be wrong or how I could test for problems?

Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 65.79%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu My specs SSD GB SAMSUNG Pro TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago GPU GTX GB from previous build it was working fine days ago MSI GTX GAMING G GeForce GTX GB -Bit on it's way newly wont build power My on in the mail Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX My newly build wont power on V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply My newly build wont power on from previous build it was working fine days ago Heatsink Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler CPU Intel Core i - K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core GHz Motherboard MSI Z -Gaming Intel Z Motherboard Memory CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory My newly build wont power on Please help me

A:My newly build wont power on

Here's a list to work on from member TVeblen:
Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):

• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.

• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).

• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card.

• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).

Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.

• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.

• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.

• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.

If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348896-my-newly-build-wont-power.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, since the power of my Y3P with display at max birghtness does not hold very long it would like to build a powerbank for it. Since the Power Adapter is 20V 2A I wonder if I could put 4 x 5V (2A) Power Banks in serial and have 20V and enough amps to fuel the Y3P. I also ordered a cable with the right plug to connect to the Y3P. However it has 3 wires inside. When mesuaring with a meter one is ground and two deliver about 5V. How could that be? How would you wire it to power the Y3P. Does anyone has any idea?PS: I know this is gonna wipe warranty. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Build-a-power-pack-with-4-5V-Power-Banks-f%C3%BCr-Yoga-3-Pro/td-p/3445652
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ever since i got this new motherboard and CPU ive been having a bit of a nightmare Wont Gigabyte Power up ga-ma790fx - Phenom AMD 9850 Supply & Power with it Gigabyte ga-ma fx-ds -Latest Bios AMD Phenom Black Edition gigs PC ram Corsair XMS CM X - ATI Radeon The problem is that the motherboard will NOT power up at all with the of the latest power supplies watt i have It wont work at all with Nothing happens its just dead Arctic watt Jeantech PSU brand new and working Corsair watt HX PSU working It only seems to work with my Jeantech Watt PSU and i cant for the life of me figure out why Ive tried everything to get the board to work with the new PSU s I had thought that the PSUs i got were dodgy but after testing out one in an older PC it worked fine Ive removed all parts and tried powering up and i cant get it to boot up But the PC seems to work fine with the oldish watt PSU which i find just unbelievable Can anyone help with this nightmare Now on the Gigabyte site the CPU i have isnt listed as supported by this motherboard which is kinda worrying could this be the reason If so how the old Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850 PSU boots up I just want to have the fracking thing working with the right PSU nbsp

A:Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850

if I read the specifications right on your mobo... it implies that it has the 4 pin PCI-e input(power) but it also has the 8pin ATX power conector. (it may be simply removing a cap that is actually right next to the 4 pin connector, thus making it an 8 pin connector (thats how it was on my mobo)

Try using the 8pin power with your new PSU, see if that works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-wont-power-up-gigabyte-ga-ma790fx-amd-phenom-9850.112038/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I have a one-two year old Compaq Presario and it has stopped receiving power a couple of months ago. The battery currently doesn't work. I took it in to Micro Center, and they saudered the power port. That fixed the problem temporarily, but, two months later it stopped recieving power. I would really like to get some stuff off the hardrive, but to do that I would have to give power to the laptop. So my question to everyone is, is there any alternate way I can give the laptop power? One more thing, the power cord works perfectly.

A:Compaq laptop wont power, I need an alternate power source

Same problem here

I am having the same problem with my Presario Laptop x1015.

I sent it in for repair once, but it is happening again and I can't find my receipt so they won't honor the warentee. Bought it last Feb. Funny thing is that Compaq told me that this is
not a common problem and tried to blame me!!!!

If you know of an alternate source please reply or email [email protected]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-laptop-wont-power-i-need-an-alternate-power-source.18279/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was down when I came back from lunch and could not get it to come back on.  If I hold the power button down for about 7 seconds it blinks orange but there is not noise from the fan coming on or post beep.  Also the green light on the back is not on either. All of the other equipment sharing the same power strip come on but not the desktop so it is not the power strip.  I also tried to set it up in another office on a completely different circuit and still does the same thing. What should I try next?

A:OptiPlex 790 Wont power on power light blinks amber

Which form factor, desktop, mini-tower, small form, ultra-small form?
From the (desktop) manual: Blinking amber light indicates a problem with the system board.
Are any of the 4 diagnostic LEDs on when it won't boot? ,They're on the front of the PC next to the power button. Look up error codes in the manual.
Possible power supply failure if the green light is off on the back. Can you try a different power cord? What happens if you push the power supply diagnostic button on back of PC next to that (green) power light? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995847
Relevancy 48.16%

Daughter last used laptop on battery power and ran id down completely until computer shut off. She plugged in the power cord and it would not come on when pressing the power button.  Laptop was plugged in overnight and this morning same issue - the power light just blinks five times when you press the power button. This is the same behaviour whether plugged into power or not. I've tried holding down the power button. Tried with battery removed and A/C power, but then no light comes on at all.  I've tried removing the battery and A/C power, holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then install battery and plug in A/C power, but no difference.  I tried a different A/C power adapter and no difference. Any ideas?     

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire V5 wont power on. Power light blinks five t...

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-wont-power-on-Power-light-blinks-five-times/td-p/384100
Relevancy 48.16%

Gateway 507GR Wont Power-On after a power surge. Had slight hissing noise in the Bestec power supply, replaced it, and it still will not always power-on. If I switch the a/c power on/off really fast while holding the power button, it will fully power-on after a few minutes of toying with it (tricky). Tested this new power supply in another machine, works perfectly, and so it's the board that's not powering-on. Removed the board and looked closely at the caps for swelling leakage, but what should I be looking for on the board after pwr surge? Any techs here familiar with this board/situation, very common that the failing bestec pwr supply takes out the board, the Intel E210882 MOBO. Thanks in advance.
PVT

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello i have a HP G60-447Cl notebook that came with Vista Home Premium and I ran a hard drive test from the HP setup utility which failed at 82% which i was kind of expecting but when i hit <esc> to back out my screen froze where it was at and when i tried to hold the power/reset button to shut it down nothing happens.My battery is non-removable so that option is out. Short of just lettting the battery run out I have no clue how to turn it off. Does any one know of any thing that can help me or have a theory as to what caused this in the first place.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134650/power-reset-button-wont-power-motebook.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Last night my computer blue screened about times then it just stopped turning on altogether Wheni plug the power supply into the motherboard the neon fan turns on for a milisecond but that seems to be the only way that i can tell that there s power going to the with is switch it? but turn through on wont going Computer power power there motherboard I ve tried different power supplies different processor different BIOS batteries different RAM etc but no matter how many times i try to turn it on it just wont turn on I do recall doing something innthe BIOS last night which seemed to start this dilemer I went into power management and did something to the power switch option Computer wont turn on with power switch but there is power going through it? then set everything back to default settings This is when things started to happen then my pc just wouldn t turn on at all It s a socket MSI CoreCell Could something i did in the BIOS really be causing this problem and is there a way to fix it Like i said there does seem to be power going to the motherboard but it simply wont turn on i even tried different power switches just in case Any help would be greatly appreciated I just don t want to buy another motherboard as most shops don t cell them any more and it means i d have to buy a new processor too nbsp

A:Computer wont turn on with power switch but there is power going through it?

If it is a BIOS setting, removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes should clear it. Since you've already changed the battery more than once, it would seem that is not the problem. Considering what you already tried, it might be the motherboard itself or possibly the graphics card but my money is on the motherboard. Just to be sure do you have another graphics card to test with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-on-with-power-switch-but-there-is-power-going-through-it.155652/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was running Ubuntu Linux then decided to change back to Windows XP I was happily running the Windows set-up disc to reformat the entire hard drive After this was done the set-up disc went on to copy over a load of files and then went into a reboot the screen went black OK but then everything just hung In the end I went to power off intending to start again The computer would not power off except by my pulling out the battery and supply and wont wont power off boot Laptop cable If I reconnect the cable Laptop wont boot and wont power off I can power on with the power button after which I hear the fan and the optical drive being read but then it just stalls - nothing on the screen cannot get in bios and still refuses to power off It quot s either a big coincidence or the three symptoms no screen no bios no power-off are all a result of the failure to self-reboot during the windows set-up I have removed the CMOS battery and left it out overnight but to no avail Can anyone help My laptop is a HP Compaq NX Thanks

A:Laptop wont boot and wont power off

The first question is hardware or software? That this happened in the middle of a Ubuntu to XP conversion is interesting, but may be purely coincidental. It could be a straight-up hardware problem that just happened to occur at this time.

So, the way to determine this is to try to boot using some kind of media. XP disk, Ubuntu Live, Hiren's, whatever. It if boots, hardware is possibly good. If not, hardware is bad.

If hardware is bad, you WANT the hard drive to be bad. Everything else costs more money than the computer may be worth.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-boot-and-wont-power-off-539133.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer wouldn't shut down even with holding in the power button and so I just let it run out the battery Then it wont turn on I tried holding down the power button to clear out power on after power loss wont Computer any charge that might be remaining I have managed to get it back on but I have to make a connection at the clip where you plug the power button ribbon into the mobo Also this is the second time I have had to do this The computer works fine afterwards or seems to anyway Question -I any ideas what causes the computer not to power on when it has sudden power loss Question -What can I do so that the next time I have a sudden power loss I don't have to take it apart to get it working again I like learning computer electronics repair so be as detailed or technical as you can be to help me learn more about electronics Thanks

A:Computer wont power on after power loss

The power switches do go bad and can result in all kinds of strange behavior. You might try replacing the switch.

But before you do try removing the switch and starting/stopping the computer using just the wires to see if it is indeed the switch.

Laptop Power Button Repair - YouTube

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219826-computer-wont-power-after-power-loss.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, Im sending this from a different computer. Two days ago, after my comp got stuck, I turned off the power button on tower.....now when press it, only name of company(gateway) appears briefly, then just a black screen with a little white cursor in top left corner---tried to enter into safe mode, no luck---is it power buttton?
---any ideas? thanks

A:computer wont power up/power button?

I had a similar problem once and someone told me its a virus attack.... Its probably the same for you too. I had to format the C: drive and re-install the OS then. You may try that too...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-power-up-power-button.1011941/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All Happy New Year to all members and technical assistants I have a little issue in which I require some help and guidance I have a PIII MHZ replaced power Pc supply after wont power on MB Pc wont power on after power supply replaced memory with a ASUS MB- Recently it died on me and assumed that the reason Pc wont power on after power supply replaced I could not get to power it up is due to my power supply I went out and spent the money and bought a brand new power supply from a computer retailor I saw him remove it from a brand new case I Pc wont power on after power supply replaced installed the power supply trying to power it up I can see the fan rotate a little bit but not enough to power on Changed socket and it power on It booted up but after sec it shut itself off and now I cannot power it back on until min later when I went and change power socket once more This time the power did not stay up very long As soon it powered up no more than min later while it was loading windows Xp it shut itself off nad now again can t power it back on I have a power extention and power bar in which I used and both shuts the computer off Anything else plugged to it doesn t seem to do any affect This is the second new power supply I m trying What else can it be I have not tried to place the computer in a different room on a different plug yet I will try that tonight but in the meantime what else can I try Thanks for your help and listening Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello!I have a K320 model that is completely dead after a power outage at home. The unit will not show any inidcation of power now. I went and bought a new power supply and installed, but still I get absolutly nothing. I had 3 wires that wwere connected to the front panel to the old power supply, but the replacement supplyI purchased doesnt have this connector. I believe it was for the LED's on the front panel, which at this point do not matter.I am not sure if there is an issue with the power siwtch/board, or an issue with my motherboard....or if those 3 wires are critical?Any suggestions??Thank you!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/K320-wont-power-up-after-power-outage/td-p/3348414
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys Have started building a new computer I am having problems getting it to boot up at all and the evidence would suggest that this is either a PSU or MOBO issue The PSU provides more than enough all on PC build won't New at power Volts for the MOBO so there is no issue of underpowering here I have used the paper clip test for the PSU and I was able to get the fan to turn doing so The processor is inside the MOBO along with the heatsink and the CPU FAN cable which has been connected to the CPU FAN male connector I have verified that the PSU is connnected that the mains power supply is ok checked it with a lamp working fine and also that all the various connectors such as the ATX headed cable is inserted properly as is the cable I have visually and manually verified that they are all inserted fully and without any gap This is now the second motherboard I New PC build won't power on at all have used I purchased the mobo online from a reputable seller who tested the old one and then sent me a replacement However the same issue has reared its head once again It is also worth noting that I have assembled the computer in a house where there was no carpets or rugs There is wooden flooring and ceramic tiles everywhere I have touched the components only New PC build won't power on at all after grounding myself I am at a loss here guys is it the MOBO or the PSU hour ago - days left to answer Additional Details Do I need to insert speakers for the beeps Don t have any I use headphones Would that work I do not have the video card hard drives or ram inserted or a monitor It is just the PSU MOBO and the Processor Given that the components are NOT within the chassis at present I can safely rule out a short in the circuit In short I am uncertain and unequipped to verify whether it is the PSU or MOBO Please help Given that previously I assembled the entire machine including the video card ram etc installed with absolutely no response I thought it would be better to start from the beginning work my way up and verify that each part was working before moving on nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

With encouragement from a friend who works alot with computers I decided to build my own computer this past week as I wanted a desktop but didn t want to spend much money So I bought ATX ILG- PSU MSi H M-E Motherboard MSi R MD H Video Card i - LGA Sandy Bridge CPU and of course a case a had drive and a DVD drive So I put this thing together today Following the motherboard s manual I was pleasently suprised to see that it was very easy to put together Then I tried powering it up and nothing happened I figured it was a DOA power supply so I bought another one Tried powering this one up and nothing happened I do however hear a high-pitched staticy sounding noise coming from the PSU when it s on so I imagine that New build power? - no s the sound it makes when in V standby mode But yeah nothings happening The front panel LED light doesn t even turn on I ve followed the wires New build - no power? to the front of the case and I ve triple checked with the manual to make sure they are oriented correctly in the JFP socket I ve triple-checked to make sure the PSU is securely in both the -pin and the -pin sockets New build - no power? on the motherboard along with being hooked up to the DVD and hard drives So I don t know Is it most likely the motherboard then In my novice stupidity did I somehow accidently introduce it to static electricity and kill it Does static electricity really do that so easily I dunno Boo nbsp

A:New build - no power?

This sounds suspiciously like a dead motherboard. But the noise from the PSU it not something I have heard before.

Strip the PC back to the bare minimum of components so all you have connected is the mobo, PSU, monitor (use the onboard graphics if it has any) and the on/off reset switch. Remove the RAM, hard drive, CD drive/s, keyboard speakers etc. This should give you the POST screen when you switch it on. If it does not do that then the mobo or CPU is faulty. I would then return both of them for replacement.

It is possible that you have accidentally caused some damage from static, you should always earth yourself when touching anything inside a PC and the wearing or a wrist strap attached to an earth point is highly recommended, they are not expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power.164812/
Relevancy 45.58%

So I just finished putting together my new build and I start it up and everything powers up normally but nothing shows up on my monitor and after a minute my graphics card starts spinning really fast and loudly I guess I probably should have post wont build New breadboarded the whole thing first to check for problems but is there anything that might be causing this that I could fix without having to take it all apart What is weird is that when I remove the DVI cord from my PC the monitor seems to acknowledge this and says no DVI or something even though when it is plugged in New build wont post it acts like nothing is plugged in Just off the top of my head it seems like there is a problem with my graphics card but maybe there is just something I am missing CPU - i - k motherboard - ASRock z extreme gen ram - GSkill ripjaws gb GPU - Gigabyte oc PSU - Rosewill Hive w monitor - ASUS VW H nbsp

A:New build wont post

When the GPU fan spins up really loud in many cases its because the power cable(s) are not plugged into the back of the graphics card.

Did you also check the guide at the top of this section for troubleshooting builds?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-wont-post.1032318/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently finished my build and I installed a netgear wg wireless card then connected to my netgear router i forget what model but it stopped sending out a signal after I tried to set a static internet! Help get wont Build route so I could port forward The computer had internet and everything worked great But i b rked it so I figured it was time to upgrade anyway so I went to PCDirect a really cool store and bought a Linksys WRT wireless N router I figured this would fix it so I set it up using wpa personal security with AES encryption all of the computers worked except for my new build Its really pissing me off now I ve tried everything I did the sp patch tried setting a static ip called my isp and got my DNS numbers put in a linksys wmp gs Build wont get internet! Help wireless card Nothing worked So I gave up and redid windows Figured it would reset whatever I did Wrong Nothing still works Help me nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I just boot wont build at all New built a computer Everything went fine until I went to boot it I made sure the power supply was on the right voltage all the hardware New build wont boot at all was set up right and then I turned it on and pressed the power button and nothing happened I looked at the mobo manual and made sure the power switch was set up correctly I tried again and nothing happened I tried the power supply that come with the case I turned it on nothing happened When I flipped the switch off it made a quiet hiss I kept checking the cables making sure the front power switch was set up correctly and still nothing worked Im thinking its a dead power supply or I just set up the power switch wrong Hardware Athlon Venice Motherboard ECS nForce -A Video card XFX Geforce PCI x mb First Harddrive Samsung Spinpoint gb SATA Second Harddrive gb ata harddrive from my other computer still works Zalman CNPS ALCU- CPU Fan NEC Dual Layer DVD RW drive Watt X-Power PSU Athenatech ATX Case Ram Corsair ValueSelect gb DDR nbsp

A:New build wont boot at all

well elminate what you can....

try everything in another boxz9 one you know works... find the faulty piece. or misconfigured....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-boot-at-all.30357/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi i just built a new pc but when I try to install xp pro it wont load I installs just fine but when it tries to boot for the first time the screen goes blank when the on pro load wont xp new build on splash screen is supposed to appear here is my setup let me know what you think - Black antec server tower w watt smartpower ps - Abit ic g maxII advance mobo bios rev I think - P fsb L - Thermalright u h s w mm vantec tornado - gig Kingston hyper x pc X Dual Channel - Evga geforce gt - WD raptor gig hd - xp pro wont load on on new build Soudblaster audigy ZS sound card - lite on dvd cd burners - Logitech Z speakers - Samsung flat screen CRT I am currently running win pro as my OS and it runs perfect Doom looks and plays awesome and I am having no probs at all so i guess it shouldn t matter but it bugs me that I can t can t get xp pro to run on it Any and all tips and suggestions that anyone might have would be greatly appreciated Thanx P S I ve Already installed the latest certified drivers for my video card so I don t think its that thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I had some old MOBO i believe with pentium socket with AGP card hook up Some time ago I purchased a new mb AGP x BFG Nvida GS graphics card to experience some better online gaming I also purchased a new tower with a reliable power supply running at W Everything worked fine I with the MOBO I only had a few glitches Every time I would boot up the computer it would come on fine Until I went online or was ready to play a first person shooter game It would reboot And sometimes it would workfine with no problems if I let the computer run for awhile I have come to a conclusion the Processor and Ram FSB of mhz was not compatiable with the graphics card and drew to much memory and would reboot it Well I decided to upgrade to a newer MOBO and processor I purchased a Pentium D processor and a P pro R chipset which supports the intel core Duo and it has an option to install a pin DDR mhz slots or pin DDR mhz slots memory which I highly dont recomend This MOBO does not have a x PCI express Slot It does have a x AGP slot I purchased this so I can still get use of my AGP graphics card Well today I decided to put this new MOBO together I have many years experience building computers and finally got stumped I New and build on turn wont have installed a new MOBO with a pentium D processor Ultra DDR mb PC mhz memory Massive cooling fan to keep my cpu cool due to overclocking mb AGP Nvida BFG GS graphics card This board supports x AGP I completed installing everything and checked everything over to make sure all connections were fine I reset CMOS I connected my front pannel switch LED header and hit the ATX switch and nothing The LED light was and their was power to the MOBO So I figured I was having a Atx New build and wont turn on switch problem I was messing with it for an hour and still nothing I have never ran into a problem like this before I did some tests and I still had power Maybe its some thing simple and Im not seeing it Does anybody have a sollution nbsp

A:New build and wont turn on

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53866.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-and-wont-turn-on.81848/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I bought all of the components for New Boot Wont Build a new pc a little while ago to build a new system from scratch I installed all the hardware and turned the machine on and the power flickers on and off constantly about or times a second I figured it must be the power supply so I sent the power supply back and bought New Build Wont Boot a new one I have just installed it and the problem still occurs I can t boot or anything The LED s on the motherboard flicker on and off with the power I can only imagine it is a problem to do with the motherboard as nothing else in the machine could cause this problem It affects attached lights DVD drive fans graphics card everything I have uploaded a video to http www tomstaples org VIDEO gp which shows what I mean Please let me know what could be going wrong I am desperate to sort this issue out motherboard gigabyte ga-ex -ud r power cooler master w ram gb corsair graphics palit geforce gts mb nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have built a few computers before but this one seems to elude me;I have a 550w power supply which I have tested on an old mobo and CPUbut when I put it in my case with the new mobo and processor it wont even turn on. All the RAM in Seated and The 4 pin and 24 pin ATX power connectors are seated and locked. I have an AMD Phenom 8450 X3 and I think the prob might be I am not giving it enough power....but I'd like some second opinions cause the specs should at least turn on.

~IronSatan~

A:New Build Wont Even Turn On

What is your new motherboard? You said the your old board/CPU works in the new case, right? Your new motherboard and it's CPU might not be compatible...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-even-turn-on.115349/
Relevancy 45.58%

Im building my first board a nfii 400-al w/amd athlon 2500 and a kingston kvr 333/512 ramstick. it all looks good but when i try to fire it up all the fans spin for a secound and then it stops. the power leds on the board are on but thats it. PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone Recently I bought all my parts for my first budget gaming pc build I connected everything according first start. wont pc My build to the manual etc and then tried to press the start button when I did the pc did not start up instead all the fans moved for seconds and stopped The power supply My first pc build wont start. fan not even rotating fully once So I assumed the issue My first pc build wont start. was the PSU I disconnected all my PSU cables and tried reconnecting them hoping to see if I made a mistake at one point I reconnected My first pc build wont start. everything and tried again it didn t work again Does anybody know what could be wrong My pc specs are asus m a l-m usb MOBO radeon r GPU fx CPU gb ripjaws EVGA w bronze PSU nzxt source case seagate tb hdd I m quite disapointed as this is my first pc build and I was very excited to finally be able to play games and then to see your pc doesn t work really sucks Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My first pc build wont start.

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. These sort of problems are often long jobs to try and sort them
3. Therefore although I am more than prepared to help, please assure you that you will stay with the topic and although of course you may ask for help wherever you wish - it is often the case with a new build that I am making a series of suggestions AND those are being repeated on another site.
4. If you wish to proceed with my assistance - when your reply we will start

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-first-pc-build-wont-start.1156988/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

Just in the process of building a gaming rig but having problems getting the computer to power up.

Details
mobo - gigabyte Z77-D3H
Processor - i5 3450
Memory - Kingston hyper x DDR3 1600mhz CL9
PSU - powercool x-viper 450W and generic 650w
case - Zalman Z5
Hard drive - Kingston hyper x 3k SSD 120gb

Info
- Tested powercool PSU using antec PSU tester - pass
- Changed over to generic 650w PSU with no power on button. plugged in and hit case power on button to make sure that i had all the connectors in correctly. PSU fans powered up but still nothing through the CPU, no fan, no post.
- removed motherboard from case (possible shorting issues??) again PSU powers up but nothing from the CPU or fan and no posting bleeps?
- added post test card but returns 00 no errors.

Help and comments appreciated.

A:new build - no power to CPU i5 3450

Check the 24 pin power connector to make sure its being fully inserted. Same way with CPU Power (8 pin).

You can get a false positive with a PSU tester as it does not test the power supply under load. You could have the correct voltages with no load but under load one or more voltages could fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287977-new-build-no-power-cpu-i5-3450-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Here are my specs that i ordered from Newegg - - CASE Power with first PC issues build APEVIA ASP X-QBOII-NW-BK - - MB INTEL BOXDH GDB H LGA R - - VGA SAPPHIRE - L HD G R - - CPU INTEL CORE I G M R - - MEM Gx PNY MD KD - R - - CARD READ VANTEC UGT-CR R - - HD T HITACHI HDS C ALA - - DVD BRN ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS - - WIN HOME PREM SP BIT ENG PK - - WL ADPT ROSEWILL RNX-N PCI RTL Hooked it all up plugged in the power cord flipped main power switch on case the only thing that changed was a the LED on the mobo turned on No fans not even the PSU fan turned on I got on the psu site and read some FAQs and they said to use a paperclip to test the PSU one end in the green and Power issues with first PC build one end in the black adjacent still didn Power issues with first PC build t power up Any advice nbsp

A:Power issues with first PC build

That list was hard to read because it is in all capitals. Did your power supply come with your case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-issues-with-first-pc-build.165038/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just built a new i3 SB machine with a gigabit board. It was working fine for 3 dys put win 7 on it, but now all of a sudden it just shuts off as soon as i press the power button.

I took the board out and looked at it and i powered it on outside the case but it still does it. Everything looks kosher to me.

A:New PC build turns off within a sec of power on

Could be a few issues, maybe the power button is getting stuck in and just powering down the machine.
Mobo or PSU might be defective.
What I would do is unplug all hardware and just use the bare minimum and see if it still powers down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154792-new-pc-build-turns-off-within-sec-power.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone I built this computer about a week ago Asus P Z -V LX Socket Onboard graphics output Channel Audio ATX Intel Core i GHz Socket MB up New Solved: build power won't L Cache Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz XMS Memory Kit CL V unbuffered Seagate GB quot SATA-III Gb s Barracuda Hard Drive RPM MB Cache LiteOn iHAS - x DVD RW DL amp RAM SATA Optical Drive Coolermaster Elite Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power W PSU PowerColor HD GB DDR DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E It was running great right up to today it could easily run Photoshop web browsing Flash Age of Empires almost max settings and didn t cause any problems Although I noticed a high pitched squeal coming from the GPU Solved: New build won't power up so I searched for solutions on Google I found that it could be a problem of the card not being placed properly so I plugged all the connections out moved it to somewhere with good light and reseated the GPU When I plugged everything back in it wouldn t turn on No fans no nothing But the light on the motherboard Solved: New build won't power up was on After a few attempts of turning the PSU on and off checking the front panel power connectors on the mobo etc it finally managed to start So while Windows was starting I decided to put the side of the case back on and while I was doing this the power was lost again It hasn t started since and I am really worried that there is something badly wrong after reseating the GPU Please help me fix this problem as I am only and was a lot of money to me and I don t want it wasted nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi i recently build a computer. these are all the parts.

Asus p8z68-v gen3 motherboard
Corairs 650 tx power supply
Gtx 560 ti superclocked graphic card
intel i5 2500k processor
8G of ram
cooler master 212 plus cpu fan
Windows 7 ultimate (64bit)

OK now on to my problem. Every time i shut of my computer and it lasts a few hours off, i need to flip the power supply switch on the back for a few seconds to be able to turn it back on. I don't know what is causing this. I don't know if it is a setting on the bios or something wrong with the power supply. It is not a big problem but it gets kind of annoying after a while. Any help would be appreciated. PLEASE!!

A:Power problems with first build

Try resetting the bios to defaults or try updating the ASUS bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-problems-with-first-build.177492/
Relevancy 45.58%

The specs will be ASUS A N SLI or ABIT A N SLI abit if the board New Help For build!!! Power Supply ever comes out AMD pin x Ultras vid mem Power Supply Help For New build!!! in sli mode x mb gb Corsair XMS DDR Pc DDR Pc if compatable with Abit Mother Board x gb Western Digital HDDs in Raid x LiteOn CDR RW Combo DVD x LiteOn CDR RW DVDR RW x Floppy x UV Tube x LED Case Fans I was thinking this w http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId But i would like this one b c of the X-Connect Feature with UV Cables look so nice http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId My only concerne with the w it that i will not have enough power And i dont know what the quot Effencey quot of the Ultra Power Supplys are And i have seen on newegg com that the quot Effency quot can be as low a So of the power will be gone meaning you dont rilly have w or w So if any one can help me with this thanks in advance Thanks Da Bob nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Just finished putting together a PC. This is my first time, but I'm pretty confident I know what I'm doing.

Everything connected and I turn on the power button, and nothing.

My only thought is the power supply. The 24 pin connector is missing one of its pins. Is this normal? I took a pic so you can see what I mean. It's like the wire was never put through the hole if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all, seasons greetings to you all.

Have just purchased an Elite K7S5A mo/bo and AMD Athlon XP1800+ CPU, along with a new case and memory module.

The problem I have is that although I am certain that I have followed the build instructions to the letter (this is my third self build compo) the computer will not power up.
I have installed two hard drives, CD and DVD, sound card and video card from my old (working) compo.
Does anybody know if there should be power at the 12V output from the PSU at all times, or only when the power switch is depressed? I am only getting about 0.5V, and nothing at the 5V output.

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers to all, thanks in anticipation

Keith

Relevancy 45.58%

I boot no power New first build just built my new pc and it wont power up no mobo light the fan on the PSU wont turn no anything I am baffled i think its the PSU I have checked for lose cords and even tried another New build first boot no power power switch New build first boot no power from my friends case that i know works I think my PSU came trashed but the box was ok thanks Specs MoBo ASRock H M B LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard PSU Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX New build first boot no power V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR GPU XFX HD- X-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W HDD Seagate Momentus XT ST AS GB RPM quot SATA Gb s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive Case COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC I also tried booting it with just one stick of RAM the PSU and MoBo Nothing still nbsp

A:New build first boot no power

Check that your system isn't being shorted out by any of the motherboard mounting screws. Try testing outside of the case if in doubt. Other than that it sounds like you could have a DOA component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-first-boot-no-power.169887/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just built my system and the power doesn t stay on so here s my very first post The fans spin about once and the POST shows FF bootup for a half sec then everything goes dead I have to shut off the PSU to try again and the problem repeats I tried the PSU on an older MB and it worked but that may not mean much since the old MB doesn t use the pin power connector only the Unplugging everything but the CPU only comes for sec build, Brand new Power 1/2 on and memory didn t help I Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec even tried it w o the memory I also tried it Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec with an old PCI video card Same result I m thinking the MB is sensing a short I ll uninstall and do a careful visual check or a missing fan my case fans don t provide a sensor feedback to the CSYSFAN or CPWRFAN connections but my CPU fan uses the pin CPUFAN connector or maybe the MB thinks something s too hot obviously wrong Any other ideas specs AMD EP- NDA J x MB Kingston DDR All-In-Wonder AGP sound on MoBo W PSU DVD RW and Floppy Gregor nbsp

A:Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec

Are motherboard stand-offs being used?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-power-only-comes-on-for-1-2-sec.25512/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all This question is in regards of what For new Supply? build Power wattage PSU I should use for this build I don t do lan gaming but I do like games I want to play Crysis Case Lian Li V B ThermalTake Armor CM Stacker T- Processor E Conroe Mobo Don t know yet Video Card Nvidia GTX or new release HD s or gig Seagates Sata Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum Pro or Power Supply? For new build newer HSF Thermalright X - when released Floppy Card Reader Two DVD- Burners I will go to water cooling from Swiftech probably a year or so down the road My current system has a PC Power amp Cooling Turbo- Cooled ATX-PFC Deluxe and it has done me right My PC was on one night and I was sleeping a storm hit and I awoke to a burning smell that morning My PSU was fried but it didn t take any of the components with it That smell stayed in the house for three weeks I was personally thinking of a watt PSU but if I m off base here let me know I looked around at PC Power amp Cooling site and didn t see that size Open for advice thanks nbsp

A:Power Supply? For new build

You can get 1000watt psu's now, they arent hard to find, check thermaltake, silverstone, I know they have good ones. 850 would probably be minimal for that thing you're running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-new-build.77117/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Abit KN8, AMD 3200 XP, Antec 400w Smart power, 1 Crucial 512 dimm, an ATI 300X PCIe video, a floopy drive, an ide hard drive and a usb mouse and keyboard. All parts are known to be good. As I turn on the power the LED on the board lights, the power supply fan-cpu fan and auxillary fan all spin for just about 2 seconds and stop. The power light in the case stays on. I have reset the CMOS and changed the battery, reset the power cord connection and reset memory dimm. I have rechecked all connections.

Does anyone have suggestions of things to try. Hate to take the board out to look for shorts.

Thanks

Rbuck

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys I ve spent today building a pc for myself However on pressing the on button there s no reaction at all My machine specs are M B - Gigabyte GA- A-UD Processor - AMD RAM - Corsair Gb DDR Case - Zalman Z Graphics card - Gigabyte HD PSU - Corsair CX M W Wi-fi card also installed but can t remember the name and seem to have temporarily lost the box in a pile of packaging So far I ve checked the CPU and motherboard power sockets the wall plug sockets and the power cord to my PSU I ve also checked the connections between my case and the motherboard and these all appear to be correct on power build PC doesn't As part of this final point I switched the power on LED with the power button they both originate from the same location so thought they may be mixed up Anyhows I got a solid LED which suggests to me that a there s power running through the switch circuit and b the pc isn t booting when told to as a PC build doesn't power on solid LED would indicate PC build doesn't power on circuit completion which would be the equivalent of holding in the on button If anybody could shed any light on where to go next I d be eternally grateful currently searching the house for a paperclip to test the PSU nbsp

A:PC build doesn't power on

Does the CPU and case fans move at all, when pressing the power button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-doesnt-power-on.198098/
Relevancy 45.58%

Motherboard: DP35DP
Power: Neopower 650
Case: Antec P182

The pushbutton power switch must be pressed in twice to get the unit to power on.

Calling Antec they say to a) update bios or b) try another power supply or c) change the motherboard.

All of which seems extreme, with everything else ready to go now. I was thinking the "2 step switch" was a safety feature so the unit could not be accidentally turned on but no such luck.

What is the likely problem?

A:new build - power up problem

Re-check all your power and switch connections to the motherboard, unplug then replug them a few times.

If no joy, time to start suspecting a bad case switch, mobo, power supply.

Bios has nothing to do with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-power-up-problem.777763/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently built a gaming computer with the following specs i K OCed to GHz No voltage change Corsair TX power supply ASUS P P Motherboard ASUS GTX Direct CU no over clock just left it at MHz G SKILLS Ripjaw X GB x GB kit MHz - - - V WD Caviar Black RPM GB SATA mb Cache HAF Case Problem The first time I booted my computer everything was fine But when I tried to turn it on the next day after a full shut down it wouldn t turn on with the power button unless I unplug it from the wall socket first After starting my PC would then take me to a screen that says quot Keyboard and Mouse detected press enter to restore your BIOS or Press F to enter settings quot upon pressing build issue power New F it would take me to the normal UEFI interface except all my previous settings are reset to the default values boot order CPU multiplier etc I checked the voltages on my graphics card memory and CPU everything looked ok Motherboard standoffs are installed correctly and so is the I O shield I ve also checked all of my connections they are all connected New build power issue properly I m pretty sure it s not the motherboard battery either since my system timer wasn t messed up so what s the problem I m so frustrated any help would New build power issue be greatly appreciated Edit all drivers are up to date BIOS flashed to most recent one No trouble waking New build power issue from sleep nbsp

A:New build power issue

Make sure the bios are set at defaults... I had a computer with this problem a while back. It was the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-power-issue.169947/
Relevancy 45.15%

I cant get my windows 7 build 7000 to install. I have the ISO mounted to a virtual drive, and also burned it to a DVD. Each time I try to start it (while Vista is loaded), I get this error message after Copying Files and Starting Installation screens:

"The unattend answer file contains an invalid product key. Either remove the invalid key or provide a valid product key in the unattend answer file to proceed with Windows installation."

Never mind trying to get the computer to boot from the DVD......because that wont work either.

I actually did get this to almost completely install on my Asus EEE PC 1000H this morning, but after it installed and it said it was Finalizing Installation and Starting Windows, it froze for two hours....I restarted, but now it wont work at all. Help!

A:Build 7000 wont install!

Did you download one that supposedly was already "hacked" with a key? There shouldn't be a key already in the .ISO file...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/1459-build-7000-wont-install.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All So I just installed a new motherboard CPU memory and power supply Now I can't boot into vista When I boot up I get the screen that asks if I want to boot into windows normally or in safemode If I choose safemode the computer shows it loading all new build? after boot Computer wont the files than it sits there for about sec on that screen than reboots If I pick the normal option it gets as far Computer wont boot after new build? as showing the windows staus bar Computer wont boot after new build? like its loading than I can see a 'blue screen of death' for about half a second and than it reboots Not being able to see the BSOD I can't tell why its rebooting Does anyone have any suggestions Can incompatible memory cause this or is it something else Ive unplugged the power all all my HDD and cd rom aside from the OS HDD Visa Ultimate Hercules Watts PSU GIGABYTE GA-M VME AMD Sempron GB PC MHz DDR PC Thank you

A:Computer wont boot after new build?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ld-157766.html

Please only ask your question once in one forum its against the rules to start multiple threads on the same subject

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-wont-boot-after-new-build-157763.html
Relevancy 45.15%

After installing Windows XP SP via CD-ROM the system restarts The bios will not boot from the hard drive I have changed the boot order to hard drive only The hard drive shows up in the bios The hard drive is connected via IDE as is the DVD-RW drive I have tried installing windows on different hard drives all IDE I have changed hard drive jumper settings and the order the optical and hard drive are connected via the IDE cable I have also tried install after - boot XP build from HDD wont New disconnecting the CD drive and this does not help The bios says either quot insert cd dvd boot disk and hit enter quot or quot error loading operating system quot regardless of which hard drive New build - wont boot from HDD after XP install I use to install windows on and boot New build - wont boot from HDD after XP install from Gigabyte Motherboard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Name GA-MA -UD rev -------------------------- M B Rev BIOS Ver New build - wont boot from HDD after XP install F Serial No Purchase Dealer ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- VGA Brand XFX Model GS CPU Brand AMD Model Athlon X Speed Ghz Operation System Win XP SP Memory Brand Gskill Type DDRII Memory Size GB Speed Power Supply W IDE hdd IDE optical drive Thanks in advance everyone nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi this is my first system build I m sry if i m such a newb and all But i think i installed evertying correct Well becouse everything turns on all lights work and it beeps which indicate everything is working correctly But then it goes through post so called and of course since it s a new build i have no operating system on it Well when wont windows New ? build boot i try to put the cd in i can see the disk reading it but it just says DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK amp PRESS ENTER Well i got into the bios and tried the priority thing put cd rom first then it restarted still the same thing so then i went back into bios and put defualt settings were st floppy and nd hardrive and rd cd-rom So i m not realy sure wut do to But thank you for reading and trying to help i appreciate Sorry for being so nooby nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

building a fresh PC

asrock 939dual-sata2 mobo
western digital raptor HD
939 amd 3500+
radeon x800gto pcix16 video
kingston valueram 512 x2

when i power up, the cpu,case, and Video card fan all spin, the keyboard lights up,..but i cant get anything out of the monitor, and i hear no beeps.

a friend with pc knowledge told me to disconnect everything but the mobo, ram,video and keyboard and it still wouldnt work.

i have tried resetting the CMOS for 5 mins, also tried removing the battery for 5 mins.

tried known good ram in the same slots, have tried a known good pci card in the regular pci slots to no avail

are there any step by step processes so i could determine what piece of my build is malfunctioning? i am suspecting the motherboard, but the reviews have said this motherboard is bulletproof

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:New PC build, Wont activate video

Have you got the separate 12v connector connected?Have you tried all of the RAM slots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-wont-activate-video.44338/
Relevancy 45.15%

Here is the new build:

ASRock A790GXH/128M AM2+ ATX Phenom II ready
Asus Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
Corsair 650W
Samsung 22" Wide Syncmaster T220
AMD Phenom? II X3 720 Black Edition
Corsair Dominator TWIN2X PC8500 4GB DDR2

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Well, everything seems to fire up but my monitor wont come out of standby.

What could be the problem?

Both 8pin and 24pin is connected to the motherboard. I have tried to connect the monitor to both the onboard GPU and the ATI 4890 GPU with wvery cable possible.. but with no result..

Also, I have gone through a checklist I found on another webpage and EVERYTHING seems to be installed correctly.

I get the following series of beep codes;

1 short beep then a long break

then 1 beep and two seconds after another 2 beeps.

then a little break on a few seconds

then another beep.

Any ideas??

Thanks

/David

A:Monitor wont work - new build

Matthew said:

Will your display work if you *remove* your 4890 and use the onboard graphics?Click to expand...

No Unfortunately not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-work-new-build.130498/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently built a new gaming computer and for whatever reason, it won't boot through HDMI. On multiple monitors it says "change device resolution" the only problem with that is I have tried every resolution. Including ones I know work normally. When it boots, it has to be VGA, once on I can switch it to HDMI. That is a total pain. I have looked high and low on the interwebs, and can't find anything. Please help. All answers or constructive responses welcome.

FX-8350
Radeon 7770
Gigabyte-990FXA-UD3

Relevancy 45.15%

First build here, so probably a stupid question.

Every thing is connected hopefully correctly except the case leds to the mother board which is a gigabyte p35c-ds3r. The case leds are speaker, hdd led, reset sw, power sw and power led.

I did have these in but when I powered on I got absolutley nuttin... so would that have been because these were in wrong? Presumably or should that be hopefully the psu and cpu etc are all ok being new.

Im not sure what goes where, any ideas.

other specs are PSU antec true power trio tp3-550
cpu - intel core 2 duo e6750
asus 8800 gs grapics

thanks if you can help

Relevancy 45.15%

My month old build is periodically crashing i have tested the ram with memstest and no errors i have also updated my motherboards bios to the latest version amp still no help im not sure whats causing the issues i have attached the dump files of the last batches of crashes one from a month ago of which occured today any new build on Quit!!! a BSOD Wont help would be appriciated you guys are awsome thank BSOD on a new build Wont Quit!!! you in BSOD on a new build Wont Quit!!! advance for taking the time to help here are my specs CPU - Core i GHz Motherboard - ASUS BSOD on a new build Wont Quit!!! P T SE GPU - xfx hd black edition Memory - G OCZ OCZ P LV GK GB PC - DDR - Sony Optiarc AD- S- B SATA DVD Burner PSU -ANTEC TP- Blue TruePower New Series W SLI Active Power Supply Hard Drives - WD Caviar Green TB SATA II RPM WD Caviar black TB SATA II RPM OCZ Agility Series quot GB SATA II MLC SSD running Win home edition bit

A:BSOD on a new build Wont Quit!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by adroc31

My 3 month old build is periodically crashing.
i have tested the ram with memstest and no errors
i have also updated my motherboards bios to the latest version & still no help
im not sure whats causing the issues i have attached the dump files of the last 2 batches of crashes one from a month ago...2 of which occured today...any help would be appriciated. you guys are awsome thank you in advance for taking the time to help

here are my specs:
CPU - Core i7 [email protected]
Motherboard - ASUS P6T SE
GPU - xfx hd5850 black edition
Memory - 12G OCZ OCZ3P1333LV6GK 6GB PC3-10666 (DDR3-1333)
Sony Optiarc AD-7241S-0B SATA DVD Burner
PSU -ANTEC TP-750 Blue TruePower New Series 750W SLI Active Power Supply
Hard Drives - WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA II 7200 RPM
WD Caviar black 1.5TB SATA II 7200 RPM
OCZ Agility Series 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC SSD
running Win7 home edition 64bit

Hi Adroc

these were caused by memory corruption. I would download a 3rd party app called memtestx86, burn it to cd, and run it for at least 7 passes

let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Mon Jun 7 20:11:22.240 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:31:29.364
BugCheck 1A, {8884, fffffa8007ae9e60, fffffa8007a8aac0, 302}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+c6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_8884
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89958-bsod-new-build-wont-quit.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Rebuilding from array of old parts. When old PC was taken apart all I needed was a new case, but I revamped alot and ended up with most everything needed for a new PC leftover. Rebuilt PC from the old parts. Couple of problems here. The new case has elevated areas where the standoffs for the motherboard should go. If standoffs are used the MB sets too high in the case. (Like its designed not to use standoffs. And there were no standoffs packaged to use.) So when all put together sans standoffs, No power. None period, no beeps or anything. The fan in the power supply dons't run either. Does this sound like a problem with grounding on the case or just a faulty power supply?

MB ASUS A7V8X-X
Power supply AVG 400 watt
Case Thermaltake Matrix

Relevancy 45.15%

just obtained acrosshair iv formula motherboard with sempron 100 series processor and 3gig ddr3 1333/1066 non-ecc un-buffered memory question
do i need to get a ATX cpu or will my old 450 watts power pack be ok

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-build-help-required-power-supply-4604750/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all Originally i was going to build a new PC with a single GTX video card I choosing Power Need build a Supply new for help have since opted to build something a little different though I was just wondering what size power supply you guys would recommend to me for my new build The full specs are CPU AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA X-UD P RAM Corsair XMS x GB DDR - HDD Western Digital Caviar Black TB x for Raid Video Cards Asus ATI Radeon HD s in Crossfire Optical Drive Asus DRW- B LT Cooling the CPU will be Need help choosing a Power Supply for new build the Zalman NT and will all be housed in the Antec Nine Hundred Two gaming case I was originally planning for a watt Corsair Power Supply Unit for this system But i am beginning to wonder if that will actually be enough for the system What do you guys think Is it enough If not can you recommend me a good Power Supply Please dont say stuff like quot you should get an Intel CPU and a single better video card quot because i have already made my mind up on this system Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Need help choosing a Power Supply for new build

The Corsair line of power supplies is excellent. If you are not comfortable with the 650 try the 750; what do you need from the 12v in amps/wattage for Crossfire? Will you be overclocking?

By the way, love the cpu and 4850's in Crossfire and those WD Blacks have a good reputation. Is your system minus the psu ready to be assembled?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-power-supply-for-new-build.146440/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm working on my first build and unfortunately I'm alone in doing it I've hit a Nothing has build. New fans except lights? and power wall Everything is hooked up and I finally flipped the switch and turned on the PC The fans and their lights came on the motherboard standby light came on the GPU fans turned on and the optical drive light came on but nothing works I plug in my mouse and keyboard but they do not appear to be receiving power My optical drive will not eject My monitor when unplugged from the GPU displays its typical quot auto-detect quot floating image which is normal When I plug the VGA cable into the GPU the monitor instantly goes to sleep and I can't wake it up I've checked and rechecked Everything appears to be in the correct slots Here are the Nothing has power except fans and lights? New build. PC specs Motherboard Asus M A R CPU AMD FX GPU EVGA GTX PSU Nothing has power except fans and lights? New build. EVGA Supernova NEX G RAM GB via two sticks in the appropriate slots I have no idea what else to do I have pictures though they are dark and I don't know how helpful they'll be

A:Nothing has power except fans and lights? New build.

Welcome to the forum. A daft one but this often happens is there any jumper on clear cmos pins I have know boards come with them set on normally you only put that jumper on for a second or so. Failing that disconnect hd,cd and any addon cards that are not needed with keyboard plugged and try then. If it still doesnt work try it out of the case often its a short when putting it in the case

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127753-nothing-has-power-except-fans-lights-new-build.html
Relevancy 45.15%

here s what I have SILVERSTONE SST-TJ B-X Tyan thunder mobo CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W power -- new wrong supply? build ATX V EPS V x AMD Opteron Barcelona GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket F W Quad-Core Server new build -- wrong power supply? Processor x CORSAIR ValueSelect GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC gb total ASUS EN GTS HTDP M GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card I have the mobo in the case the chips heatsink one hd the ram the graphics card installed in the case When I turn the power switch on the fans all start spinning but they all spin with this pulsating rhythm and the case led display flashes with that rhythm as well On the mobo there are three power connectors that were supposed to go to my mobo a pin got it and pin got that too and a pin I have pin cables a pin jack on the mobo i plugged in the pin jack When I hit the power switch for the first time nothing happened when I removed the pin plug out of the pin jack the machine powered up but with that weird rhythm I described this is from the motherboard manual - Installing the Power Supply There are three power new build -- wrong power supply? connectors on your Thunder n M S -E The Thunder n M S -E requires that you have an EPS V power supply that has a -pin an -pin and a -pin power connectors NOTE Please be aware that ATX x ATX V and ATXGES COLOR blue important COLOR blue important power COLOR blue important supplies color color color may not be compatible with the board and can damage the motherboard and or CPU s Click to expand Also when I turn the new build -- wrong power supply? machine on with a monitor connected nothing happens I don t see any bios info I ve tried both the video card and the mobo monitor inputs I have a belkin switch attached I ll try removing that and having the monitor hooked up directly I think I have the RAM in correctly I looked in the manual there are ram slots and I have sticks I looked on newegg for a power supply that should work but wasn t sure has anyone run across this issue before thanks bp nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts

A:1st Build Power Supply Question

Over engineer the PS;

Calculate the actual needed power,

add a fudge factor and

multiply by 1.5.
Then round up to the next commonly available size

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-build-power-supply-question.213326/
Relevancy 45.15%

Just built a new PC, turned it on and there is power (all fans are working including GFX and CPU) but nothing at all appears on the screen and I get no beeps from mobo.

I have disconnected all components from the mobo apart from the CPU and main power connector and still get the same problem. Any suggestions or is my mobo screwed? Do I need to plug anything in to make sure I can hear mobo beeps?

Relevancy 45.15%

Win XP
ASUS P5AD2 Premium Mobo
P4 LGA 775 560 3.6 gig 1mb cache 800 fsb
ATI PCI express 256mb X600 Pro video card
Plextor 716A DVD RW
Antec PSU 550 watt ATX12V w/front contol panel
Mitsumi 7 in1 card reader w/FDD
Seagate 120 gig HDD IDE internal

The machine powers up and I am able to get to the screen at which I push the DEL key to go to BIOS settings but the machine just powers down. The green mobo light remains on. I get a no signal on the monitor and the fans quit. I have checked all connections but can't put my finger on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

This system is all brand new and put together just this P5N-D boot wont build system Asus new morning Motherboard Asus P N-D Memory Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot GB DDR pc CPU Intel Quad Core Ghz Heat Sync Antec Performance Max mm fan heat pipes Video Gigabyte Geforce Gts Gb DDR PCI Express Power W Cooler Master Silent Pro Chasis Antec P Anyway this is my second system build and everything went wonderful on the first time powering it up Everything came on and the Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot system detected all my Hard Drives and the DVD rom I put in my copy of windows seven and went to install the bit edition of the ultimate Windows then went on to try and ready the files At this point I leave the room for a Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot quick call of nature while the system does it s thing When I came back the computer was all shut off and when I go to push the power I get nothing but a quick flash of the light from the fans The green power light on the board is fine and when I plug a monitor in it detects that its attached to the video card So I disconnect the power and reinsert the main power cords on the system for the cpu and the board Plug it back in the turn the power supply on and get the little green light I hit the power button and again all I get is a quick flash of the fans and lights I have no idea what might be causing this but the system was running good for a full five mins Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this nbsp

A:Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot

may have overheated... i had the same board a little over a year ago and it had the worst chipset cooling i'd seen. clear the cmos and install that chipset fan that comes included with the board and see if that helps. i can't remember if i had to do a BIOS update on mine but needless to say it was actually one of the buggiest boards i've owned thus far; i ended up selling it.

i do remember having problems with sata drivers for my optical dvd drive so you might want to start there. the driver support for that board from nvidia is garbage and I had to do a lot of experimenting with beta and generic drivers. if you haven't configured the BIOS settings than i would try that next, or try it with 2GB RAM installed and see what happens. might need to be configured manually via options in BIOS as well...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-d-new-system-build-wont-boot.141798/
Relevancy 44.72%

Have just been attempting to build a new system with the following components

Asus P5K Premium WiFi/AP
Intel Core 2 Duo E660
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS
OCZ Gold PC6400 2x2GB
Zalman ZM600-HP

When I attempt to switch the ststem on, the case and CPU fans start up but I get no beeps to signify the POST tests are starting and nothing on the display. I have attepted removing the RAM to force an error but get nothing. I am unsure how to determine whether it is the Motherboard or the CPU.

Is anyone able to help?

Relevancy 44.72%

I just built my first computer. When i was done I turned it on installed all the drivers and OS and everything was fine for about 5 days.
Then suddenly i go to turn it on and nothing. Not even the fans booted up. So I opened it up and the standby LED was on on the motherboard but nothing was happening when I would press the power button.
So I listened a little closer and when i would hit the power button the power supply would make this low volume high pitch beeping sound. Almost like an alarm.

Does anyone know what this could be? Did I short out a part on the motherboard? Maybe in the power supply?

A:Computer build: Turned on fine for day now wont

Disconnect the power cable from the back of the power supply, press and hold the power button on the front of the case for 30 seconds, then plug in the power and try turning it on.

If that doesn't work, try another power supply from another computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-build-turned-on-fine-for-day-now-wont.1037919/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have done the trick to enable gadgets with UAC turned off and I can get into the gadgets screen but when I click to add a gadget nothing happens. I have tried downloading a few and none would start!

A:Gadgets wont start build 7000 x64

Have you tried to enable UAC again to see if they are still working with it on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3640-gadgets-wont-start-build-7000-x64.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey...

Last night, I took apart and rebuilt my desktop to replace the MoBo. I went from an MSI 785GTM-E45 to an ASUS M4A88T-M.

Now, after everything is back together, it won't post. The rig turns on. LEDs turn on. Fans turn on. The board even has a green light going. There are no beeps and the 'Mem OK!' light turns on for a bit and then turns off altogether.

Now, I'm using 8GB (2x4GB) Patriot 1600 RAM, which isn't on the 'approved RAM' list in the manual. I'm not sure if my problem is that the RAM is not compatible with my board... or if it's something else.

ASUS M4A88T-M
AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black
Patriot DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) 1600
OCZ 700W PSU
ATI Radeon HD4850
1TB SATA Hard Drive
ASUS DVD-RW Combo Optical Drive

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I ve just build a PC and when I turned it on it seems to post ok however once it keeps New - restarting wont windows Build install posts it restarts itself I have gone through the problem build thread by removing everything and even without drives it still restarts and restarts I even got the following error appear once when i powered it up quot CMOS checksum bad quot but after going into the BIOS and setting the default values this message went away I ve New Build wont install windows - keeps restarting also tried reseting the CMOS by shorting the jumper on the board but still no joy But sometimes I can get it past the post screen and It manages to start installing XP from the disc It goes through the loading of drivers after formatting the drive but once it does this and it restart to continue with the install it then starts restarting itself over and over again I am at a loss at what it can be I ve just bought all the components below brand new and I m gutted I can t get it to install the OS The spec I have is Mainboard AS Rock P DE CPU Ghz Pentium D Smithfield Memory GB Kingston Graphics Card GB Nvidia Geforce GT PCI-E HDD G SATA II OS XP Pro nbsp

A:New Build wont install windows - keeps restarting

First I would fit a new CMOS battery, you should not get a "CMOS checksum bad" message unless you reset it with the jumper.

Then check the Sata mode in the Bios, set it to IDE/Legacy/ATA if available. If it isn't available you need to either slipstream the Sata driver onto a new XP CD with nLite or use a floppy drive with the driver on a floppy disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-wont-install-windows-keeps-restarting.960538/
Relevancy 44.29%

Decided to build a new machine today.

Mobo: MSI 7600-P23(FX)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W
Processor: AMD FX 6300

I have verified all power connections but when I press the power switch, all the fans begin spinning, but stop after only a second or two. Nothing else happens.

Any ideas on what to try or what is causing the problem?

Relevancy 44.29%

I recently built a new PC.
I had issues powering it on, then I realised I forgot a 4 pin power connector in the corner. Next boot, everything booted up fine, to start. After 3 seconds it powers down, then powers back up and stays up. I think every thing is powered on, disk drive works forsure, the only issue is I get no picture. I am using a BFG 9600GT and used the dvi to vga adapter to connect to my old gateway 2000 vivitron monitor, though I will probably be getting a new monitor soon. I was thinking the problem could be either my video card, video card/monitor non-compatibility(or something to do with the dvi-vga connector) or maybe something else. Or could it be the power problems discussed before?

I am using an Asus P5QL-PRO mobo, 4GB(2X2GB) Gskill memory, 9600GT, E8400 processor and an Antec earthwatts(500 watt).

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.29%

I currently have this (and don't want them to collect any dust:
Asus Motherboard
Quad Processor
DDR Memory

Plus a couple hard drives, but absolutely nothing else. Since this is new to me, I'm asking:

1 - Is there a way the more experienced users would suggest going about a new case and how to know the appropriate power supply to buy.

2 - I bought the MB used from newegg.com, and it didn't come with any wires/connectors. Can you tell me what I'd need to fully be ready when I have all the components?

Thanks!

A:New build case & power supply recommendations

I havnt done this in a while but here it goes.....

If you dont have the propor heatsink/fan combo you will need one of those for your processor.

For your needs just get a quality 500w PSU by Antec, Silverstone, Thermaltake ect ect. No $20 bargain buys. If you plan on putting in some super fancy graphics card, take the minumum requirments for that card off the box and add 100 watts.

Wires you will need are just your SATA cables.

The PSU should come with all you need to connect it to your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-case-power-supply-recommendations.156270/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I m trying to build this PC Intel i Asus P TD Deluxe Diamond Radeon HD Corsair TX W When New video in, won't plugged power without EATX12v no build - it on with PC I plug in New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it the pin EATX v connector the PC will not power on The power comes on just for a split second the fans twitch ever so slightly then it all goes off I ve tried plugging in all pins New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it as well as just pins with the same result If I leave the pin EATX v completely unplugged the PC will power on However there is no video output to the monitor and the video card fan does not spin I ve tested the monitor as well as the monitor cable and those are functional I have two of the Diamond video cards and I ve tried both of them with the same result I also tried each one individually in two different PCIE slots I have no idea why plugging in the EATX v would cause the PC not to power on nor why the video card Can anyone off some knowledge that might resolve my problem nbsp

A:New PC build - won't power on with EATX12v plugged in, no video without it

Bump.

Correction to my original post: The video card fan is spinning and receiving power apparently. The big issue here is that the PC will not power on when the EATX12v is plugged in. If I'm not mistaken, that powers the CPU, does it not? Which would explain why there is no video when I turn the PC on without the EATX12v plugged in.

Is the mobo damaged? I just can't figure any other reason that the PC won't power on with the EATX12v plugged in and will power on without it plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-wont-power-on-with-eatx12v-plugged-in-no-video-without-it.961872/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I am a graphic designer switching to PC i have done wok on my old mac replaced ram hard drive dc in board but this is the first time that I will be building a pc from scratch Below are the parts I bought from new egg there is one pretty obvious problem i think small? too power any other build: issues? supply new the power supply is w This was an error I new build: power supply too small? any other issues? originally had a w cooler amster and someone recomended switching brands and i was careless i also forgot to get a wireless card my question is can I build this with the PSU I have and replace it later it was pretty in expensice and i am maxed out or is it going to be a bad idea This computer is not for gaming it is for graphic design in Adobe including some aftereffexcts and flash Newegg com - GIGABYTE GA-X A-UD R LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Newegg com - G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL T- GBNQ Newegg com - CORSAIR CMPSU- CX W ATX V V PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i Power Supply Newegg com - Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX Newegg com - EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Newegg com - ASUS Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD DVD Burners Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Newegg com - COOLER MASTER Intel Core i compatible V RR-UV -XBU -GP mm Rifle CPU Cooler Newegg com - COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UB Black Blue Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case nbsp

A:new build: power supply too small? any other issues?

Well, I'd be real reluctant to fire that up with a 400W supply. When a supply goes, it frequently takes stuff with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-power-supply-too-small-any-other-issues.941143/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I am having to remove battery and AC adapter every day to hold down the Power On button an discharge the static build up.
Is there a permanent fix?
thanks plongs3

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995218
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi hope some one can help i just build a new comp from new and some old parts ..old video card , hdd, cd drive, with new mother board and new cpu. in a soyo case

i have power but no video. the led for the hdd and power on work the hdd runs.

i have windows xp os on the hdd from a old comp that work?

Do i need to have a start up disk in the drive or a boot up disk or bios for the first boot up to have video on my screen ??
hope some 1 can help

A:i just build a new computer and it does not show video but it has power

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-just-build-a-new-computer-and-it-does-not-show-video-but-it-has-power.270749/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on my new build and started looking into power phases. After reading some articles, it seems like the less power phases you have, the more susceptible your motherboard is to failing, especially if you're overclocking. Plus you also have to worry about components on your motherboard overheating such as the mosfets. Is all of this something I should be worried about?

The motherboard I want to get has 8+2 power phases (Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3). So if I plan on overclocking, should I step up to a 12+2 or 16+2 motherboard or will I be safe at 8+2?

Thanks in advance

A:New Sandy Bridge build - power phases

The ASrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 is an excellent board. It overclocks impressively. People have managed to hit the 5 GHz mark at around 1.45V with a good aftermarket HSF.

More power phases do not guarantee better performance. Generally, more phases should make for smoother voltage output, but it is only one of several factors in the design of the CPU voltage regulator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-sandy-bridge-build-power-phases.169347/
Relevancy 44.29%

right now I m just build POST, the read still good no sticky, wont New working with these parts out of the case on cardboard Monitor has New build wont POST, read the sticky, still no good been New build wont POST, read the sticky, still no good tested New build wont POST, read the sticky, still no good but not with the dvi cable - but from my understanding the digital display on the mobo should be giving something instead of nothing at all I ve tried without the video card in at all I m tried two different sticks of RAM The lights come on on the mohter board and everything looks functional what should my next step be Thanks for any and all help mobo Newegg com - BIOSTAR TPower I LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards cpu Newegg com - Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops or Newegg com - Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops gpu Newegg com - HIS Hightech H QT P Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported IceQ Turbo Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards psu CORSAIR w TX Series Plus Certified Power Supply - CMPSU- TX - Buy com ram Newegg com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-wont-post-read-the-sticky-still-no-good.762456/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I turn my computer off one day only to find it wont start the next day. I open the case up and see the led is on. I flip the switch on the power supply off then on and quickly press the power button. My computer starts but the following time I shut down the computer it again wont start and now the led is blinking. I've never had any issues like this before, any help would be appreciated.

I don't routinely use many usb devices, only my mouse and keyboard and every now and then my ipod. I figure the issue is likely either the power supply or the motherboard. The ps is almost two years old while the motherboard is only about three months old.

A:Computer wont start, power supply wont start, blinking led

It sounds to me like your PSU is the problem, get a hold of another and plug it to your computer and see if that will make it start, if it doesn't it might be BOTH your motherboard and PSU. A bad PSU will burn a motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start-power-supply-wont-start-blinking-led.90594/
Relevancy 43.86%

OK just built an new PC everything is working great but I have strange issues if I Kernel-Power (63) ID:41 Event Build Category New Task switch off power by the mains then switch it New Build Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63) back on then turn on the PC it starts to boot for seconds then turns off then restarts again and boots normally Randomly last night it randomly restarted twice out of nowhere all I was doing was downloading games on steam and browsing the web I then checked the event viewer and I see Critical error Kernel Power event ID now I'm using the pc now the exact same way as I was last night but no restart New Build Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63) and I do not know what this error means or how to go about solving it Here is the event log - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Aaron-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks in advance

A:New Build Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63)

Hello xcvtop.

Kernel-Power Event ID:41 indicates to abnormal shutdown ... it may be caused by various reasons. If you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, it may give us some more hint about what actually is going on there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301595-new-build-kernel-power-event-id-41-task-category-63-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everyone!semi new build(upgraded mobo), after installing everything, the pc will not post, I am not getting any power to the keyboard/mouse and the psu fan as well as other fans seem to be running kind of sluggish. Previously I had an issue where the hdd light would stay constant however that was solved with reseating the cpu a few times and resetting the cmos.specs are found here: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ccjfsYAlso, previous motherboard fried after plugging in earphones to front header. Could the psu have gone as well? Tested the new mobo today with known working ram and graphics card to no avail, so I have ruled those out.

A:Help! Semi new build, No post, no power to keyboard, no display

Nickdangelo6, This is not a direct answer to your problem with you new build. Instead, I am going to talk about how to approach your vendor and ask for help with doing return on an item the did not work ever.Just tell the vendor that you have worked with personal computers parts before and you have friends that advice you. Tell them you were very careful when putting things together and used only compatible things.Do not mention anything that might even suggest you did anything wrong. Because you did not do anything wrong.Be polite and talk in a manner that shows you are confident and want the vendor to arrange for a way to replace the bad board.I do hope that will help you. 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155953.0.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I wanted to change my power and sleep settings for my display.

At first it didn't seem to work. Working through it methodically however, I found there are FOUR places that can be set for the same thing!

(1) Win10 Start/Settings/Display/Power&Sleep. I set it to never

(2) Below that in Additional Power Settings I was taken to the Control Panel. Checking the Preferred Plan settings the screen setting didn't reflect the change above.

(3) From the CP is another option: 'when to turn off display'

(4) Finally there are the "advanced power settings".

This is ridiculous. Surely all I need set is the initial (1) Settings? And this doesn't even include setting the Screen Saver which seems to be over-ridden by the other settings!

Obviously Microsoft have got their knickers in a bit of twist with some settings undertaken in Settings and others still in CP.

A:Build 10547 confusing power&sleep settings

I have seen someone who said it takes a restart to make the changes work for that setting. Did you find this to be true? Did settings work for you?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25818-build-10547-confusing-power-sleep-settings.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I built a new DIY PC, Asus P10 MB, I7-6770K CPU, 16GB Corsair RAM, onboard video only cklean setup I thought.
Need PC for security NVR (24/7 operation. I cant go 12-30 hrs without a deep freeze on the screensaver page.
Must hard power Cycle to regain normal operation.

I followed BSOD instructions, please see attached Zip file

any guidance would be much appreciated,

thanks Vince

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65277-new-64-bit-build-os-freezes-every-12-30-hours-power-cycle-required.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When I plug power cord into computer the led at port stays on couple seconds then goes off.  And when I push power button or wifi button or touch pad buttons the lightning bolt light on front of computer flashes four times slow flashes.  Then after if I push power button it flashes three quick flashes from then on.  No other lights flash and no beeps.  Totally unresponsive computer.  Tried hard reset didn't help.  Computer does nothing with battery out and just power plugged in.  Tried reseating memory nothing helped.  Can't find definite light code chart for my model.  Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/g71-340us-wont-power-on-power-light-flashes-4-slow-flashes/td-p/5778876
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve been asked to help Solved: on video doesn't power-up produce New home-build a friend s son get his newly built machine running I haven t seen the machine yet but the problem seems to be that the machine isn t sending any video signal to the monitor I have no experience with putting a machine together So I asked him some basic questions about the components he used to build Solved: New home-build doesn't produce video on power-up the machine and a little more info on the symptoms of the problem The following is the information I got back I asked him what he based is component selections on and what he chose - - I researched and selected the parts by hand as well as with advice from others My cpu is an Intel I - k That s cooled by a corsair h i water cooler My gpu is an Asus I ve got sticks of corsair ram at gb a piece My motherboard is an Asus ROG maximus VI gene Other than that it s pretty standard with an optical drive a tb hard drive And a gb ssd In response to my questions regarding what symptoms he is getting - - When I boot it up certain fans spin including the power supply the gpu and a few to cool the case but some in the case don t spin The motherboard lights up but doesn t beep The monitor is brand new and displays a blue screen when inactive it just doesn t recognize that anything is connected to it I have no experience in selecting compatible decent quality components I d be interested in any opinions regarding whether the selections he made are well chosen He didn t provide me with any information regarding what he has for the case and power supply Also any suggestions regarding what to look for in diagnosing this would be much appreciated I won t be able to look at the machine until the end of next week In the mean time I m going to read through the relevant sticky posts in this forum and try to get a little up to speed nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

hey
well i am new to this lark, but i decided to build a pc without knowing really what i was getting myself into

okay, so i haven't got it working as of yet, no power to keyboard or mouse, both usb, and no output to monitor. lights and fans all come on though? so that means there must be some power?

i have removed everything but the mobo, psu, cpu and screen/mouse.
also, have 2 processors and it doesn't work with either
the motherboard was sent back to the supplier to check for faults but it works fine apparently.
No video cards or anything like that.

I'm at a bit of a loss really

like i said i haven't even got it working yet!

help much appreciated

jamie x

A:Newbie PC build no power to keyboard/mouse, no output to monitor

complete specs would be nice; it would give us an idea of what hardware you're using. it could be something as simple as an underpowered PSU or faulty RAM. make sure the processor is seated correctly and that the memory sticks are properly clipped into place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newbie-pc-build-no-power-to-keyboard-mouse-no-output-to-monitor.157498/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just finished building my system a couple weeks ago but I am getting a blue screen again after trouble shooting New Error: build, 0x8000000000000002 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power the ones I could I have gotten of them in the last days and they all seem to be the same one from what I can tell The last two days I have turned my computer on but did not log on Both times sometime during the day I would come to find the BSOD Thanks for any help Wes OS Windows Professional New build, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Error: 0x8000000000000002 SP -bit - System Builder Malware ESET Smart Security V Chassis Corsair Graphite T Mid-Tower PSU Corsair AX W Gold Plus Motherboard ASUS P Z -V PRO New build, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Error: 0x8000000000000002 GEN LGA CPU Intel i - K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core GHz CPU Fan Corsair H Liquid CPU Cooler Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX Ti GB DDR PCI-E x SLI setup Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x DDR SDRAM Dual Channel MHz OS Hard Drive Corsair Force GB Internal SATA GB SSD Data Storage Seagate Barracuda TB GB Internal SATA RPM MB Cache Optical Drive LG x Internal Blu-ray New build, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Error: 0x8000000000000002 Disc Double-Layer DVD RW CD-RW Optical Drive LG Super-Multi x Internal DVD RW CD-RW Monitor Dell Ultra Sharp U Widescreen LCD

Relevancy 43.43%

To make the following even more difficult I cant find the windows install cd ANYWHERE I have the serial and everything though There short death hdd & build, xp boot. computer circut, new wont now psu slave is a i folder on compaq s recovery partion on the main drive though that I can access through Monoppix My computer was about years old and then one day the PSU died I ordered new psu death & slave hdd short circut, new computer build, now xp wont boot. parts because I decided to build a whole new computer After building it I found out my slave drive was short circutting the IDE s So I removed it no big deal it just contained fc Well I turn it on and I get a GRUB disk error Looks like the default configuration for the GRUB psu death & slave hdd short circut, new computer build, now xp wont boot. booter on FC partially ruined yet another Linux Newbies computer who gets in this prediciment Problem is it overwrote the MBR so it trys to boot GRUB which is located on the slave drive now gone So I get an psu death & slave hdd short circut, new computer build, now xp wont boot. error everytime Took me about hours to finally get a successful boot disk I put the floppy in restart and it goes to Verifying Pool Data and then it goes to a windows problem screen and asks me what to boot safe mode normal or normal last good settings All the safe modes does is runs some commands and then reboots The run windows normal shows the windows xp loading screen for a split second then a blue screen for a split second then reboots I am thinking maybe it could be all the new hardware new ram new cpu new mobo but I dont know how I can update anything the mobo s cd didnt even do anything I have been seriously working day and night for the past days trying to get my computer to run it just wont I need help bad I am so close to giving up Does anyone please have some ideas One more thing the data on my main drive is highly irriplacable the drive is nearly packed with my work programming graphics etc since I got the computer I do have some backups but not too recent I dont want to loose a thing The only access I have to the files is through live linux and I can copy files to my usb external hdd but the gbs I need to transfer goes at an average speed of about kb s not gonna happen nbsp

A:psu death & slave hdd short circut, new computer build, now xp wont boot.

If, as appears to be the case, you are trying to boot the new hardware on the old Windows installation on the HDD, that ain't going to happen.

What you experience is what I would expect to happen.

The new hardware is being force fed the wrong code by all the "old" drivers and is violently objecting.

You have to do a reinstall, or at minimum a repair install.

My only solution is that you get a new HDD, another Windows CD (and COA if yours was OEM, which is not transferable to a new motherboard) and reinstall from scratch. Then access the data with the present HDD connected as a slave, or fitted in a USB enclosure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psu-death-slave-hdd-short-circut-new-computer-build-now-xp-wont-boot.582052/
Relevancy 43%

Hi New member - please be gentle if I haven't followed the correct procedures Okay I rebuilt my PC completely following a mobo failure retaining the hard drives I was really impressed Win Ult x booted straight into the desktop I removed old mobo drivers added new ones errors state) Build BSOD Machine 9F power randomly New (driver Had a few glitched with the USB ports which I think I fixed by deleting and reintalling new drivers I have had some BSODs - one after the other just New Build Machine BSOD 9F (driver power state) errors randomly now and at least earlier one while the machine was unattended In each case it was a BCCode f and I got the error message driver power state failure Now I have the crashdrump logs I think it has zipped but I know the most recent one related to the crash I just saw is called - On a whim in the interim I have also just now uninstalled the Asus AI Suite that came with the mobo Asus z pro gamer as I know it has an energy management module and even though I have tried to disable that anyway I thought might be a cause for error I would be most grateful for help in tracking down the cause of this error and advice on fixing it please Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386653-new-build-machine-bsod-9f-driver-power-state-errors-randomly.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought the laptop used. it appeared the battery wsdead. I bought a new battery. The battery would stay at 53 percent and when i would unplug the charger it would immediatly shut off. i troubleshooted in the device manager and reset the laptop. Nothing happened. I reset a second time and the battery was charging and the laptop would run off battery power. this soon stopped working. I continued to troubleshoot. i got it to charge again and run off battery power but now it will again not run off battery power. the battery is now at 74 percent so i know at some piont charging was happening. this is very frustrating. Iv built a gaming pc jst recently and i feel like i should be able to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-envy-360-wont-charge-wont-use-battery-power-battery-level/td-p/5747439
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys..
I bought prince of peria 2008 last week. Tried to install it and as soon as i click on the install option, i get an error message.

Error Code: -5001 : 0xffffec75
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (211)
PAPPrince of Persia
PVENDOR:Ubisoft (www.ubisoft.com)
PGUID:7C11154F-3539-4CB5-979D-EF7913473E53
$14.0.0.162

The installation wont even start. i have windows 7 build 7600 x64. is my operating system the issue? because one of my friends has vista 32 bit on her pc and it seems to work fine there . I am uncertain whether to dump my os and get back to vista or not. Is there any way to get it working?

awaiting ur reply guys..
cheers!!

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All

My husband's PC died.
It wont power up, its starts to, but then it dies right down before it gets to loading the operating system.

A few months before it died, it started having issues with - he would turn it on and it would give a black screen with just a blinking cursor in the top corner. He would shut it down, wait a few minutes and restart it and then it would start ok.

Where should I begin to troubleshoot whats wrong with it?

A:PC wont power up

Check the motherboard for swollen or leaking capacitors, they look something like this: http://www.macmedics.com/images/imac-logicaboard-with-leaking-capacitors.jpg

If this has happened, you will probably need a new motherboard. It is repairable, but it's a difficult soldering job.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-power-up.708432/