Windows Support Forum

Laptop Crashes

Q: Laptop Crashes

HI
I have a lenovo laptop. My laptop suddenly crashes . If it is not used for 1 week and then turned on,it works fine for 2 hours. If we turn on the laptop the next day ,it starts crashing with in 10-15 mins after turning on.
Please help me with this ...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Crashes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Crashes

There could a list of things causing this. Overheating, Os corrupt, Conflicts in software., Bad battery and so forth. The best way to know if you are not sure is to have a local computer shop check it out. Or try running it in safe mode . If it will and run some test on it. Such as a software to check its temps. A good spyware program to check your os. Also a program to check the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes.206058/
Relevancy 40.85%

I don't Firefox crashes, Infected? avast! XP crashes, Sygate - crashes crashes, know whether I have a malware problem or a hard-drive-in-death-throes problem or what But I figured it was best to start here so if it's not a virus I can go over to the XP forum with that ruled out Over the past few months my desktop has been steadily driving me nuts First it began giving me BSODs at random intervals anything from a day to a month apart Currently about once every three weeks The most common error is x E but I've also had x x x A x E PFN LIST CORRUPT x F x A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and x PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Usually it crashes at startup but it has taken as much as twenty minutes I've tried defragging the hard drive using a registry cleaner and replacing Sygate firewall see below but nothing appears to have worked Then Sygate starting occasionally crashing XP crashes, Sygate crashes, Firefox crashes, avast! crashes - Infected? while I was online I replaced it with PC Tools free firewall which hasn't had any problems Yet Somewhere in the last several months hard to say whether it was before or after Sygate and the BSODs it seems to have been creeping up for a while Firefox developed an increasing tendency to hang It reached the point XP crashes, Sygate crashes, Firefox crashes, avast! crashes - Infected? where it was basically non-functional for a good quarter hour after connecting During that time doing anything - maximising or minimising windows accessing the start menu - took forever Then Firefox started crashing - constantly I worked my way through the official troubleshooting guide clean install plug-ins disabled extensions disabled before conceding defeat and reluctantly going back to IE Twice last week avast switched itself off while I was online and refused to restart until the computer did I've been getting an abnormally high number of warning bubbles stating that Windows is low on virtual memory and is going to increase the virtual memory paging file And on top of all that the taskbar clock in my account but only my account has reset itself to -hour time and I have no idea how to change it back What is going on N B I don't have access to a Windows boot disk DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by One at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW PC Tools Firewall Plus enabled ABBD - A - B D- E- D AE D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Documents and Settings One Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www powerup com au BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File TB B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/xp-crashes-sygate-crashes-firefox-crashes-avast-crashes-infected-507073.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I am using a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5808, running Vista. At least once a day, for no apparent reason, while running completely different programs, the screen will just go really really dark - like a navy blue. and that's it. Nothing will come up on the screen at all. I have to hold down the power button to turn off, then turn back on again.As it's starting up, it tells me that "Windows did not shut down correctly" and asks me to press "enter" to start normally.
Please help,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes.684317/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello new here I ve had a new Sony Vaio VGB-FW JF since December and as well as a number of largely resolved external hardware problems I m having increasingly annoying problems with it just suddenly dying with no warning I get usually a black screen but sometimes a fade reminiscent of how my last laptops screen died sometimes a white screen and sometimes a flashy grainy screen It happens more than often with videos and games so much so that I ve stopped using full screen but at other times it just happens out of nowhere such as straight after another crash a minute ago as soon as I loaded my browser I have to turn off and then on again to get going I m running Windows on an Intel Core Duo GHZ GB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon HD If anyone can provide any assistance it d be greatly appreciated on new laptop Serious crashes of I have a feeling it may be a graphics card issue but am baffled as it s such a new unit Really don t want to send it back to Sony again as I have need for it quite a bit at the moment Serious of crashes on new laptop Please ask me for anymore information I can t remember how to access my error crash history as I did a while back after searching forums but remember seeing a number of critical errors leading to unexpected shutdowns I assume this may help nbsp

A:Serious of crashes on new laptop

Et encore...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-of-crashes-on-new-laptop.935237/
Relevancy 38.7%

Can anyone explain why my laptop keeps crashing or rebooting about every ten or fifteen minutes? Sometimes it goes much longer and other times dies within minutes of booting up. Is there anything I can do to stop it from happening? Thanks to all for help.

A:Laptop crashes

How old is the laptop? Can you tell if the fan inside it is working?

If the fan is not working, then the CPU will eventually overheat and cause the computer to shutdown or crash.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes.714297/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi My Dell Inspiron has been crashing frm past few days I purchased it months earlier I googled abt it n found it might be hardware problem so to check that i ran a Dell Diagnostics Test n it was all fine Than i thought it might be a software problem so i scanned it with nod regcure registry wizard spybot - search n destroy spyware doctor n now have scanner it with malwaresbytes antimalware in safemode but did not find any problem My laptop turns off suddenly without any warning or unusual sound n the timing laptop crashes my is random some time it crashes after - hours or may be after - hrs It all started weeks earlier my laptop crashes when blue screen error suddenly popped up n my system restarted in some odd secs n i cud not note any thing but it was error regarding some memory issue i didn't paid much attention just tried scanning n everything was fine after than but frm my laptop crashes days it has crashing down with no warning no blue screen etc I don't want to try system recovery as i have no external HD n my all data is in C only drive Can anybody help me here

A:my laptop crashes

First of all, back up all your data - including any install programs you downloaded and want to keep.

My first thought is heat. Make sure you have adequate cooling for your computer. Depending on your environment, dust, smoke, and/or grease could have reduced your system fan's efficiency.

How is your battery? If it's beginning to loose charge too fast, you might need to replace it.

Finally, how many anti-spy, anti-malware utilities do you have running? Some of then think the others are viruses and can cause problems. (Norton and McAfee are particularly self-centered this way).

Most important though is back up anything you would rather not lose. If you do end up having to deal with hardware problems, at least you'll be able to retrieve your data and app installation files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-laptop-crashes-374809.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My laptop has recently had several crashes Laptop problems The most recent was crashing without any warning nor reason and being unable to restart When the Laptop crashes screen went black I tried restarting The normal startup showed but right before the login screen would appear it restarted itself I left it be for quite a while hoping the cycle would end but it never did until the battery died I ve lost quite a bit of information since then I tried to find the source for this but could find none I tried scanning it with Norton AntiVirus among other programs but it crashed once again due to high internal temperatures I presume I use to be able to scan everything without too much problem but now it ll crash again and I fear of losing more information I don t know if this is any problem but I d like to get through a scan at least After re-creating most of my lost files the only difference that I ve noticed is that the top toolbar in any application File Edit View will turn white when the cursor moves over it Anyone have any clue what this could be Here s the HiJack log just in case Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C WINDOWS System atray exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA aim aim exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Documents and Settings NewUser Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www jersconsin tk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - URLSearchHook no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - BB F-A - C -A F- EA EC - no file O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Removecpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run Bcmwltry bcmwltry exe O - HKLM Run Atray atray exe O - HKLM Run PCDRealtime C WINDOWS realtime exe O - HKLM Run WinTools C Program Files Common... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I have an Laptop Crashes ongoing problems with Crashes on my laptop they are rarely BSODs and are usually just like interrupts which black out my screen and cause me to have to restart my Laptop Crashes laptop My laptop also occasionally freezes on the windows screen or when i finally log into my account Dump Files Attachment System Health Report Attachment System Info Attachment Some more information I run AVG bought and paid for as my Anti Virus system and have preformed numerous full scans with no problems at all I also have AVG PC Tune up which i check often and scan for to optimize my Laptops performance once again besides the usual defrag nothing serious has ever been captured I Have the free version of Malware Bytes didn't start the trial so its always on my computer Again Scans come up impeccably clean I downloaded and used Memtest ran passes completely clean nothing was reported in need of fixing Sfc scannow came back as no integrity errors An Extended Version of Windows Memory Diagnostics with passes came back clean also I am in need of dire help I'm not very tech savy so i may need idiot proof directions if there is information you need me to collect All i am aware of is i've tried everything i know of to find this problem and fix it but it still exists There is no overheating of any sort I do However use an external Hard drive to Store most of my video games in WoW LoL SWtoR Diablo Warcraft And after multiple crashes the Software needed to access my Hard Drive quot Stops Working quot and ill need to uninstall and re install it Its a WD Smartware product I feel like i'm flipping a coin when i turn on my laptop because it will crash numerous times and then finally that one time my laptop runs smooth w o a problem Please help its making me a Sad Panda Forever in your debt -Maxx

A:Laptop Crashes

Several different kinds of crashes but most point to your AVG. I would remove and replace it at least to test.

I note you have AVG.
AVG can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S .
Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Old drivers needing updating

Code:
wdcsam64.sys 4/16/2008 4:39:08 AM fffff880`05f7b000 fffff880`05f7e880 0x00003880 0x4805bb2c
iaStor.sys 6/4/2009 9:53:40 PM fffff880`0102e000 fffff880`0114a000 0x0011c000 0x4a287aa4
DualViewFilter.sys 6/10/2009 11:38:00 PM fffff880`05c4b000 fffff880`05c58000 0x0000d000 0x4a307c18
EMSC.SYS 6/19/2009 4:35:47 PM fffff880`01bf5000 fffff880`01bff000 0x0000a000 0x4a3bf6a3
enecir.sys 6/28/2009 10:17:30 PM fffff880`05216000 fffff300`05233000 0xfffffa800001d000 0x4a48243a
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
Driver Reference Table (DRT)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229549-laptop-crashes.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey,
I have a problem with my XPS17 Dell notebook. It started when i picked up my laptop (when it was working) and moved it fast. BSOD came up. When i restarted laptop it beeped 4-4-4 (4 times in each series). I tooke off the battery and turned it on. Then in logging panel my screen was video - YouTube so i restarted it again and it was ok for a few days. Since then every few days i receive bsod, or my screen covers with artifacts like in the video and freezes. I ran memtest for a 5 hours and some dell hardware tests from bios and there were no errors. I dont know what can be the reason.

ps. i have my drive encryped with truecrypt

here are some bsods

My spec:
Intel I7 2670 QM
6gb ram
geforce 555m and intel hd graphics 3000
Toshiba mk5061gsy
Windows 7 service pack 1

A:Laptop crashes.

I ran BSOD File Collection app but it hangs on "waiting for system info" , i also turned on (few minutes ago) a driver verifier and it is still running. Here is report from my system and dump file from system that i've found. Unfortunately report is in polish.

I have 64 bits system and motherboard is 0xn71k Dell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-713369.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I haven't been able to get any help on this problem but thought I would keep asking. My Compaq laptop frequently just decides to reboot. It usually happens when I'm on the Internet and I haven't saved what I'm working on. I guess this is one of those difficult tech questions that is hard to determine the problem. Maybe I have a hardware conflict, can it be my wireless driver? Is something overheating? I'm dazed, perplexed and confused on this one!! Help, help,help. Thanks to all who can help me resolve this problem. Chuck

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello

Toshiba mini laptop NB255 with windows 7 crashes after each start up: after power on windows 7 is loaded (it takes for ever) but after few minutes laptop crashes and restarts
I posted in the windows 7 topic and after reviewing the minidump files it was suggested to me to post here to check the laptop against malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463249/laptop-crashes/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey I crashes down the Laptop when lid and.... put I seem Laptop crashes when I put the lid down and.... to have a problem after upgrading to windows I upgraded from vista to ultimate like a week ago Then i installed all the drivers needed Laptop crashes when I put the lid down and.... Now my laptop shuts off and restarts everytime I close the lid Also it crashses when I play games It then restarts and says that quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot When my laptop is on the fan seems like its overworking Though when I feel my laptop it doesnt seen too hot This never happened with vista so I dont know why its happening with But it just seems as though my laptop is working very hard ALL the time Like there are heaps of programs working in the background Then it shuts down from overworking Thats my suggestion Any help would be appreciated Here is the details after it crashes Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode ea BCP FFFFFA C BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Christo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Laptop crashes when I put the lid down and....

Please provide this information: SF Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73385-laptop-crashes-when-i-put-lid-down.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, I posted a topic earlier about some screen and laptop problems but I reset it and fixed the problem. But it seems the problem is beyond being fixed by reset and the laptop has started to turn off a few minutes after every startup.

Laptop specifications:

Model: ASUS K55A-HI5121E

Problem:

Recently after a reset (attempted to fix problems), my laptop has started turning off only a few minutes after startup. There are pending Windows updates (152 of them!), but everytime I attempt to install them the laptop turns off partway through the process. In safe mode there isn't a problem but I also can't install the updates. Any help would be appreciated. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596301/laptop-crashes/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi my problem with this laptop is that it crashes when doing heavy things on it like playing games using google chrome etc. at 1st I thought it was the cpu so i clean it and and it still crashes and because it crash so much that it messed up my hard drive so im running windows from a thumb drive and now I noticed it crashes when ever i plug in the charger but the charger looks fine i even change the wire that goes to the outlet but it still crashes. when it crashes the screen goes completely dark and the hard drive indicator turns orange but you can still hear the cpu fan running and and i wanna know if there's any way to fix this or i have to go buy new parts

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Crashes/td-p/5644753
Relevancy 38.7%

Laptop crashes every so often and keeps saying booting from bios memory on a blue screen then restarts for no reason?
Anyone that can help wiv this?
Thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

I need help to find out why my laptop (Compaq Evo N1000c) running Windows XP suddenly crashes and reboots without any cause that I know of. And, how can I prevent this from happening?

A:Laptop crashes

You need to turn off automatic restart so that you can see the msg that came with the crash.

Go thru Control Panel/System/Advanced, restart options.

Next time it will not restart and should be sitting at the "Blue Screen" with the failure Msg.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes.473726/
Relevancy 38.7%

Dear Team Since the last laptop often crashes My few days my laptop system often crashes BSOD appears especially when downloading files from the net is it the cause but one time i just played music using Media Monkey and It also crashed I just think that it is due to new programs I just installed I have uninstalled some newly installed programs and antispyware ThreatFire I am afraid this antispyware conflicted with my anti virus Norton Internet Security maybe I have no idea But still I wonder what makes My laptop often crashes my system crash frequently and besides after My laptop often crashes scanning with My laptop often crashes gmer it reported there is a rootkit changing my system suspicious I am using Windows Professional antivirus NIS I also use local anti virus Smadav made in Indonesia still installed I have a Windows boot cd is that what you mean I will be grateful if somebody can help me with this Best Regards DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Herman Nehru at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Professional GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system ASTSRV EXE C Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exe C Windows system fsproflt exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C Program Files OO Software Defrag oodag exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files OO Software Defrag oodtray exe C Program Files My Lockbox mylbx exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Users HERMAN AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Herman Nehru Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton internet security engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GR A DLL TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll uRun SM RT-Protection c program files smadav SM RTP exe rtp uRun IDMan c program files internet download manager IDMan exe onboot uRun DU Meter c program files du meter DUMeter exe uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl d... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-laptop-often-crashes-475672.html
Relevancy 38.7%

This problem has been going on for a while and is getting progressively worse. The HP laptop will just unexpectedly crash without warning, completely shutting down. At firt I thought it was a hardware issue of over-heating but I have seen it crash within 5 mins of starting up now. I have tried many solutions like virus scans, antispyware, registry cleaners, speeding up computer software, uninstalling software I am at a loss. I have noticed the CPU will be running high or full just before each crash. I have checked the Task Manager to see what is using all the CPU and several programs are listed: searchfilterhost.exe, systemidleprocess, csrss.exe, sometimes searchrotocolhost.exe, searchindexer.exe. If I need to reinstall windows and reformat the harddrive I will, but I am hoping there is some solution to this problem. I have included the hijackthis log for review.

Thank you

A:Laptop crashes! Help!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270473/laptop-crashes-help/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi , my HP pavilion laptop starts up but freezes and crashes. I did tests by pressing F2 when the laptop is turned on and the hard drive short failed on a DST check.Failure ID : GLHU2F-79T86H-MFPV6J-60XE03Product ID : F5C17EA#ABU Please can anybody help with this problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-crashes/td-p/5704540
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,

I am new here and a computer novice.....The problem is:
I bought a HP laptop in dec 2012 with windows 8 but for the last 3-4 months it has been crashing every now and then...initially it was not too often but now it has made my life hell ...it crashes whether i turn it off or put it on sleep and today i got some DPC_Watchdog_violation and it restarted my system......I have attached the zip file......plz someone help ASAP....

A:Win 8 laptop crashes every now and then

VMWare virtual ethernet devices are disabled.
If not needed, un-install them.
If needed, enable them and update them - then re-disable

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): [S] DuplexSecure - FAQ [/S] Link broken as of 21 Jul 2012
New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disc-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

If removing Daemon Tools doesn't stop the BSOD's, then we'll turn our attention to the networking drivers. Please start by:
- download a fresh copy of the wired and wireless network drivers from the HP website
- uninstall the current drivers from your system
- install the freshly downloaded drivers
- monitor for further BSOD's

The latest memory dump blames your Avast. Please:
- download a fresh copy of the latest Avast program from their website
- uninstall the current program from your computer
- install the freshly downloaded program
- IMMEDIATELY update and perform a full scan of your system
- monitor for further BSOD's

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 08:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri May 3 10:48:52.325 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\050313-39359-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16551.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130306-1502
System Uptime:0 days 2:49:41.124
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswnet.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswnet.sys
Probably caused by :aswnet.sys ( aswnet+15e0 )
BugCheck 133, {1, 784, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at
DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be
identified with a stack trace.
Arg2: 0000000000000784, The watchdog period.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x133
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_aswnet+15e0
BIOS Version F.26
BIOS Release Date 02/21/2013
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Name HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri May 3 07:58:05.225 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\050313-38001-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16551.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130306-1502
System Uptime:0 days 5:58:23.503
Probably caused by :pci.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80054f6880, fffff8011d488770, fffffa80093f0e10}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80054f6880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8011d488770, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stac... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24567-win-8-laptop-crashes-every-now-then.html
Relevancy 38.7%

In the last 2 weeks, my laptop crashed to a blue screen. It goes away after 2 sec so I can't read the problem it says its having. how can i see it or upload it here so I can get some help with it

Relevancy 38.7%

Is there anything I can do or prevent my laptop from suddenly rebooting. Its beginning to happen all to frequently. Help is appreciated. Thanks. Chuck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes.631857/
Relevancy 38.7%

For about two weeks my laptop has unexpectedly shut down (without BSOD) when I try to do things like watch videos. I suspect that it's a heating issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve it. So far I’ve tried cleaning dust from the fan and removed the old battery, so I’ve been using it as a desktop. This helped a bit, but hasn't solved the problem.

I’ve had my laptop since April 2012, here are the specs:
Toshiba Qosmio F60
Windows 7 Home Pentium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 CPU M480 @ 2.67 GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Toshiba MK7559GSXP hard drive

I ran HWMonitor while watching videos for about an hour. The attached log is maybe a couple minutes before my laptop crashed again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601219/laptop-crashes/
Relevancy 38.7%

I've been trying to deal with this issue for a couple days now and getting nowhere.
Basically my laptop will freeze about a minute after i log on. Also if i press the start button after logging on it will freeze instantly. I am able to move the cursor but nothing else responds
The freezing first happened when i removed my VGA cable which was connected to my LCD TV. It was working fine before that
It also works in safe mode and i have no restore points available.

I've scanned the laptop with AVG, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyWare and removed everything it found.
Not sure where to go from here.

A:Laptop Crashes after Log in

Does it do the same thing in safe mode (F8)?
Do you have a backup from before this problem started that we can restore?

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here (if you can) to skydrive or a file sharing service

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-after-log-in-664292.html
Relevancy 38.7%

The past few days I've been getting random crashes whereby my laptop would just show a black screen accompanied with a repeated stuttering sound coming out of the audio I'm using headphones Sometimes it restarts sometimes it doesn't When laptop my Hal.dll crashes it doesn't I just force shut down by holding the power button I'm at my wits end Currently in my final exams period for university so don't really have the luxury of time to send it in for a check Hope someone here will be kind enough to help sieve through the info I ran memtest and prime and Intel diagnostic tool so doubt it's anything wrong with my RAM or CPU As for SSD I'm using a Pro and Evo Both seem to be in good health in Samsung Magician Disk checking also shows no errors As for GPU did some stress testing by playing some games and running UnigineHeaven Have not tried Furmark yet planning to do so I have attached the files in a zip generated by dm log collector I will be eternally grateful to whoever is able to help me

A:Hal.dll crashes my laptop

@acefire your post has been moved to Hal.dll crashes my laptop

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52193-hal-dll-crashes-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My laptop has this problem with crashing It's an ASUS k vm sx v running Windows and it's year old Up until minutes ago I thought this had something to do with overheating as my computer tends to get fairly laptop crashes My hot The My laptop crashes problem most frequently occurs when playing games such as League of Legends not even a high end game When I first got my computer it happened like extremely rarely and now it happens like once every game I've tried taking my computer apart and cleaning the fan used a cooling pad and I even tried formatting it days ago with no change As mentioned earlier I've crossed out overheating although it could still be My laptop crashes the problem because it just crashed and I literally had nothing open but my Google Chrome browser and my laptop wasn't My laptop crashes hot at all I've found a lot of other people who had this same model and their laptop also crashed due to overheating but this was when playing high end games Also I haven't checked the actual temperature but after a crash my computer would sometimes feel hotter than other times it has crashed Also my fan isn't blocked and it also happens when using it on a flat surface So I have questions Does this sound like a problem due to overheating or something else Does anybody know a fix I've e-mailed Asus and they said it sounded like it needed a repair I've taken it apart so will the warranty still count I took it apart after the problem occurred Specs Intel Core i gen QM GHz GHz MB Cache GB DDR TB HDD rpm NVIDIA GeForce GT M - GB DDR n Bluetooth Gigabit Ethernet Tell me if there's anything else you need to know

A:My laptop crashes

Hi,

How exactly are you 'crashing'? In what way? If you are blue screening, please refer to this and reply accordingly: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

If you are freezing, even after a reformat, unless you are installing a problematic driver that may cause freezing after a reformat, your issue is more than likely hardware.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-laptop-crashes-699391.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi i have a bit of problem with my sisters laptop.

The laptop seems to crash for no reason its like the power just dies. Its an advent 7104 bout 6 months ago purchased. I have gone through usual steps eliminating spyware viruses etc as a cause so it can only be something faulty on the hardware side I believe. Even cut out when i had it booted in safe mode.

While mostly everything runs fine I don't understand what is causing the failure and should she return the laptop ad its faulty?

If anyone can help be greatly appreciated.

A:laptop crashes

It sounds like your laptop's motherboard may be overheating and therefore shuts down after a while. Sometimes that happens with faulty motherboard designs--the fan is just place in a odd corner or something. This is typical of some Toshibas and Dells.

If the computer is brand new with less than 30 days, you should be able to return it to the vendor and get a brand new one. You shouldn't have to mess around with anything!

However, if the machine is older than 30 days, try to remove everything piece by piece (hard drive, cd drive, memory) and turn on the machine. See if the machine stays on for more than an hour. If it shuts down, then the problem is the motherboard. If not, try adding one component at the time (turn off the computer first, of course). Turn the machine back on with one component at the time and see if it behaves the same.

When you remove the hard drive all you'll see is a black or blue screen. Leave the machine on for a while and see if shuts down. If it shuts down while the HD is out, it can't be a virus either. If after removing the memory sticks or the CD drive solves the problem, then you should be able to return them to the manufacturer for replacement.

I know this is a hard way to solve this problem but it happened to me with a Dell two years ago and this is what tech support had me do.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes.607827/
Relevancy 38.7%

I had a Dell Lattitude C800 Windows 2000/ME and it crashes but i dont know what
to do. Whenever i started it up, it shows the whole system and then later it'll be black screen instead of showing the windows logo, this is what it says.....

.........................................STARTING WINDOWS..............................................

Windows 2000 could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt.
\WIN\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMced startup options for Windows 2000 Press 8.

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows 2000 setup using the
original setup floppy disk or CD-ROM. Select "r" at the first screen to start the repair.

Is there any solution on this?

Thank you...

A:Laptop crashes help

Do you have a windows 2000 install disc? You might even be able to upgrade this old Dell to XP...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes-help.114439/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi sorry if i ve posted this in the wrong section but i m a beginner Firstly I have inherited an old dell latit ude d laptop from my girlfriend which works absolutely fine at her house with wireless crashes away home...? Laptop from internet connection I ve checked and updated any windows updates and installed avg anti virus software The only problem i have is when i take it back to my house just after powering up gets to windows wallpaper the laptop crashes and gives blue screen off death and the error message driver-irql-less-than Laptop crashes away from home...? -or-not equal and performs memory dump this is before i try to log on to the net and the pc crashes before i can do anything other than start in safe mode and then i don t know what to do to resolve the problem I must stress this ONLY happens AWAY from my girlfriends when there it works perfectly fine which makes me Laptop crashes away from home...? think it must be network internet setting of some type Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated as the idea was to use the laptop at home for net access via my phone which i ve also checked works fine at my girlfriends attached is the recommended info Thanks in advance Shaun Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor MHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R GM GME Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation W MQM J CN A Z Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

So i think i really am deperate for help i have a Compaq crashes im a it day twice of my laptop sick after US i know i shouldnt have gotten compaq and i dont even know from when though it wasnt always like this though for the past few months my laptop crashes on me or gives me the BSOD each time a different error message though seriously every time it crashes it has nothing to do with anything special im doing so i have here a few copys from my event viewer maybe someone can help me out THANKS Event Type Error Event Source System after my laptop crashes twice a day im sick of it Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer Description Error code parameter ffffffb parameter parameter e eb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters ff c ffffb c e e c b a different one Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer Description Error code d parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters c c c another one Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer Description Error code d parameter f parameter ff parameter parameter f For more after my laptop crashes twice a day im sick of it information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters f c ff c c f another one Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer Description Error code a parameter f a c parameter ff parameter parameter f For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c f a c ff c c f and another one Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c anymore needed BTW sometimes it goes dead without any BSOD and i get no error after that nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-my-laptop-crashes-twice-a-day-im-sick-of-it.37676/
Relevancy 38.27%

hi im looking after laptop - crashes help 10mins for help with my brothers laptop After minutes or so it freezes and the only resolve is hold the power button and reboot however then the windows didnt shut down properly safe mode option always comes up safe mode freezes when loading files and start windows normally fails also leading to me having to press amp hold the power button again Then the windows didnt start properly screen comes up the start normally option doesnt work so i have to go with the repair option it goes through this and windows starts i help - laptop crashes after 10mins am assuming its some kind of virus as his antivirus is out help - laptop crashes after 10mins of date I have attached the requested logs although gmer wouldnt work i kept getting a BSOD when it reached windows winsxs manifests on the scan i have attached help - laptop crashes after 10mins the log i got when i did the scan with just sections and c drive selected he has windows vista home basic but has not got any disks Hope you can help thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Robert at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security enabled Updated CBB EE - - DAB- B -D C AA E A FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe c Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Robert Documents dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uWindow Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband uDefault Page URL hxxp www sky com mStart Page hxxp ie redirec... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, wondering if anyone can help. i have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop which crashes everytime i move it (so cant put it on lap). sometimes does it when i tilt the screen too. any ideas why this would happen???

P.S. i know very little about computers so please keep it simple

thanks

A:dell laptop crashes!!

Something inside it is loose, such as a cable(for the screen, etc), connector(possibly for the hard drive), or module(such as memory) or there's a crack or bad solder joint on the motherboard or another component. All of those require some dis-assembly of the laptop and re-seating of components.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-crashes.1030150/
Relevancy 38.27%

i have a Toshiba Satellite running XP professional. it is no doubt infected with viruses and spyware. i have run spybot and SE adaware but can not get it to boot in normal mode. it does boot in safe and diagnostic modes. if anyone can lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Laptop Crashes-bsod

first ..Stop the cycling Blue screen of Death and write down the complete error mesage...

Please do this

To stop the reboot process go to
}Start
}Right click My Computer
}Properties
}Advanced
}Startup and Recovery and untick automatically restart

the screen will now stop so you can copy it All and post that info back and someone will be able to better assist.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89552/laptop-crashes-bsod/
Relevancy 38.27%

I was given this laptop and would like to get it working again. I believe it originally had Vista installed and was later upgraded to Windows 7. It boots up in Safe Mode but when I start Windows normally, it gets to Welcome screen and crashes - BSOD. I have attached a system info file and a dump file. I will appreciate any useful advice.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391579-laptop-crashes-after-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 38.27%

We have an HP Pavilion laptop that came with Windows 8,we downloaded Windows 10 to it and it has crashed the laptop and won't come back on,any suggestions?

A:Windows 10 crashes laptop

Jbmacfarms Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!You will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.htmlYou will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair.  You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.When done, your PC should boot OK. If that does not work, then report back here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-crashes-laptop/td-p/5766296
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all

I really hope someone can help!

I have a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit which I bought in October 2010 with the OS already installed by Dell. I haven't reinstalled it subsequently.

All was fine until about a month ago. Since then every time I boot the computer from cold it eventually crashes (about 1 to 10 minutes). The screen goes grey with lots of vertical lines and then it automatically reboots itself. Once it has rebooted it never crashes again until the following day when I try to turn it on again.

I have no idea what is going on and I'm not that technically minded with these things so I'd really appreciate some assistance from someone who knows what they're doing!

I'm attaching the dmp files and perfmon report as requested.

Many thanks,

Chris

A:Laptop crashes only on first boot of day

Welcome
It looks like a driver and you should take the Driver Verifier, but trust me its not fun.
In lieu of that do two things for me
Before you go to bed set up a clean boot. Then the next morning if you do not crash. Follow the instruction for clean boot and your problem will be solved.
If you do BSOD report back and get ready for the Verifier. Its not really that bad, sort of like going to the Dentist
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
If others come by and suggest the memory test, you could take it.
But for the verifier use clean boot first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132172-laptop-crashes-only-first-boot-day.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So I had fixed this problem before, for a whole 2 weeks or so. Then it started up again. Before, I just ran Driver Reviver and it pretty much fixed everything.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Professional x86
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.60 GHz
4.00 GB (2.90 usable) RAM

Now the same problem came up again. Except this time, it doesnt always bluescreen. Instead it does some black crash report thing)

A:Crashes when I close my laptop lid

Hi TheEvilMuffin

You dont have any minidump in your folders.

To enable minidump please read this,

Copy\paste this >---> sysdm.cpl in start search,then click in the appeared sysdm.cpl
Click on the Advanced tab.
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump 256 kB in the dropdown box.
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Now we must wait for a new crash\bsod to occur.
After the new crash\bsod run again http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
And upload again here the new folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191472-crashes-when-i-close-my-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi this forum was recommended to me by spyware warriors forum My daughters laptop had some viruses on it and started blue screen crashing Then my husband decided to format the laptop but it was still crashing in normal mode after the format We found out that its the AV programs that are causing the machine to crash At first we thought it was just MSE then i tried to install Avast and it crashed when that did the initial scan since then i have had the laptop working in normal mode without it crashing but Avast is not showing in is crashes AV installed when laptop the task bar and is not showing in the program menu it wont start up when i click on the icon which is just a laptop crashes when AV is installed paper with the corner turned over And when i try to reinstall it windows says that it is already there but i then get a message saying i need to go online to download anti virus protection as i dont have any So i need help get this sorted out and the laptop working properly again she has windows home basic I hope you can help Heather

A:laptop crashes when AV is installed

Are you sure you actually formatted? Sounds as though the system may still be infected. Also, after formatting did you install all drivers starting with the chipset driver?

You might want to post in our Am I Infected forum and let a malware specialist check you out. Also, if you reformat again be sure to delete and recreate the partition(s) first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414188/laptop-crashes-when-av-is-installed/
Relevancy 38.27%

hello, i have a laptop
model- hp g62
win 7 ultimate x64

lately i have serious BSOD and startup. yesterday i installed softwares to repair pc i installed:

CCleancer
AVG ANTI VIRUS
Hitman PRO
Spyhunter 4-bettter than emmisoft malewares
regcure pro
advanced systemcare 8

and even after installed all this baddass softawares and did scans and repairs with all of them i still have
bsods and resstarts how can i identify the problem what should i do?? thnx for help!

here is the DM collector log
Attachment 360367

A:MY Laptop crashes and restarts

Hello and welcome loprik mate the info is in Hebrew if I am not mistaken so cannot make out anything in msinfo.

You have a load of unnecessary software on that machine - get rid of
AVG ANTI VIRUS

Spyhunter 4-bettter than emmisoft malewares
regcure pro
advanced systemcare 8 - usually crap ware that promise the earth and eliver grief.

Do this for starters
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

if no go then these

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

Now if you have had a BSOD then you need to follow these
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD then
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

hopefully the dump files will still be there unless you have had a real good clear out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370990-my-laptop-crashes-restarts.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am currently on Windows 8.1 Pro through bootcamp on a Macbook Pro 13.3" Early 2015 model.

The problem occuring is that my computer crashes and shuts down when I close the lid. I'll assume that something is wrong with sleep mode, since it goes into sleep mode when I close the lid.

It begun after I installed Connectify, but persisted after I uninstalled it. I suspect that it did something to my computer, but I can't seem to find what it did. Can anyone help?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75197-laptop-crashes-when-i-close-lid.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My Toshiba Qosmio laptop has crashed on a regular basis. Locks up, blue screen of death, manual shut down and reboot necessary. Hijack This log file indicates several "unknown owner" or "no file exists" entries and I don't know what they are. I had Kaspersky installed for 1 year, now AVG Free in last two weeks. Updated video card driver after researching web forums for this common thread. Crashed again this morning and I downloaded Hijack This and ran. Ran virus scan through safe mode with no hits. Let me know if I should post the Hijack this log and how to do so.
Cris4b

A:BSOD crashes laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/434537 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434537/bsod-crashes-laptop/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello there! I am wondering if anyone can please help me. I have a Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7012. Lately every time I play a DVD I notice it seems as if the DVD is glitching(small green blocks appear on screen...disappear and then reappear) and then after a couple seconds my computer becomes a blue screen that is telling me my computer has just crashed. It has happened with several DVDs..so I know it is not just the actual DVD. Thank you...Stephanie..

Relevancy 38.27%

HP Compaq b years old AMD Turion x Windows XP Pro SP Used for Letters LibreOffice Surfing Firefox E-mails occasional viewing of videos Recently downgraded to I E to avoid conflicts with Outlook Express which didn t print full laptop HP random crashes messages when on I E Now using Thunderbird for e-mails Norton Internet Security All Windows up-dates installed Have HP Deskjet F printer installed There is plenty of free space on the hard disk In the last few weeks the laptop has randomly crashed at any time on average HP laptop random crashes once a week days I get black amp white very thin vertical lines or completely black screen I have to force to shut down On restart everything works fine again As a non-techie I have tried the following to clear up the problem all without success Have run antivirus spyware and Norton Utilities All clean and up to date Have used System Restore to earlier date - to before the problem started to occur Have defragmented the hard drive Have run Check Disk Have deleted media player codec pack in case it was causing a conflict I have saved all my current work files and folders to disk I am always suspicious of Java which I keep updated but could it really cause crashes I don t know much about how to update drivers but I can t think that this could be the problem Someone suggested it could be a video chip problem or the motherboard Short of doing a complete factory recovery which I don t really want to do for lack of knowledge is there anything else anyone can suggest might be causing the problem Or could the laptop gradually be reaching the end of its life Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I turned on my laptop Toshiba Satellite L D- Q yesterday and it didn t boot up It reached the Windows Vista loading screen but flashes up the blue screen just before it reaches the next stage It then proceeds to reboot and repeat this again The blue screen say s this A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select on Laptop Bootup crashes Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP X ED X A XC C X X ---------------------------------------------------------------- I have tried booting up in safe mode Laptop crashes on Bootup but it hangs on Loaded Windows system drivers crcdisk sys And then it reboots I m sorry if i ve posted too much little information or if i ve posted this in the wrong section I d appreciate any help I can get Thanks alot Lyndonio nbsp

A:Laptop crashes on Bootup

Boot from the Vista DVD and get to the command prompt, then run a chkdsk on your C drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial147.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-on-bootup.856606/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey,about 3 days ago my lap started to crash and aftter 2-3 seconds it restards..that happends about once per day..all i want to ask is will it be fixed if i format my laptop? Thanks for your time

A:My laptop crashes then restarts

More information is required.

1. Download this .BAT file to your desktop
2. Right-click the .BAT file and 'Run as Administrator'
3. Locate the .ZIP file created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319643-my-laptop-crashes-then-restarts.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Toshiba laptop running windows vista home premium. I have a linksys wireless router that supports a PS3 and another computer. If I am connected to the internet with the PS3 and the other computer at the same time my internet works fine but when I connect with the Toshiba with other using the internet it crashes my internet. The only time the Toshiba can connect to the internet is only if nothing else is connected to the internet. I do not know if the problem lies with either Vista, my router, or my laptop. PLEASE help me fix this annoying problem

Relevancy 38.27%

Ok so i noticed that my laptop keeps overheating(i think) because whenever I check SpeedFan, it goes up till 80C. I noticed that this only happens whenever I play Lord of The Rings Online.(haven't tried it on other games) I used to play up 4 hours straight without it crashing but now only 30 minutes and it crashes. Is this problem major? Can I replace any parts to fix this?

A:Overheating Laptop = Crashes?

You might try blowing the dust out of the cooling fins and ports using canned air. Can't hurt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-laptop-crashes.1000746/
Relevancy 38.27%

My yr old HP tablet pc freezes at least twice a day now requiring rebooting I m using Vista Ultimate on day here times crashes SEVERAL - HJT Log a Laptop it Sometimes it just freezes out of nowhere and needs rebooting Anytime I plug something into the USB port it freezes and I have to reboot WHY is this happening Any help Laptop crashes SEVERAL times a day - HJT Log here is greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Laptop crashes SEVERAL times a day - HJT Log here x DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C ProgramData Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc Laptop crashes SEVERAL times a day - HJT Log here exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging smart web printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil d exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program F... Read more

A:Laptop crashes SEVERAL times a day - HJT Log here

Originally posted on 1/14/10:

Laptop crashes SEVERAL times a day - HJT Log here
My 1 yr old HP tablet pc freezes at least twice a day now, requiring rebooting. I'm using Vista Ultimate on it.

Sometimes, it just freezes out of nowhere and needs rebooting.

Anytime I plug something into the USB port, it freezes and I have to reboot.

WHY is this happening? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:49:37 PM, on 1/14/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18865)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
C:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\6\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuschd2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqbam08.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgpc01.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\smart web printing\hpswp_clipbook.exe
C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10d.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TY...vilion&pf=cnnb
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TY...vilion&pf=cnnb
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TY...vilion&pf=cnnb
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.2.11\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.7.2.11\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: MSN Toolbar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.0988.2\msneshellx.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Sm... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-several-times-a-day-hjt-log-here.894082/
Relevancy 38.27%

Need help in removing- quot TROJAN HORSE PATCHED C LXT quot -SERVICES EXEI am new and amature about how to remove it manually i try many antiviruses to remover trojan horse patched c lxt services exe in system folder i try to remove it from my AVG internet security hang Help me;( and crashes laptop but it didnt work and i also try PC TOOL SPYWARE DOCTOR WITH ANTIVIRUS it can detect the trojan and also removes but after removing when i restart my system it crashes and open in REPAIR MODE and it RESTORE my system and PC TOOL SPYWARE DOCTOR WITH ANTIVIRUS has been removed from my system and there is no antivirus left installed after it I have also more problem is that i also download NORTON V befre downloading AVG and after some days i uninstall it and stall AVG now when i install PC TOOL SPYWARE DOCTOR WITH ANTIVIRUS it show me massege that your REAL TIME protection is already found NORTON there and when i find it on my system at at ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS there is no NORTON present there SO i request you to please please help me on this I am using WINDOWS Home Premium and having same issue like this url quot http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html quot please guys i want you help please help me your help will be highly obliged

A:Help me;( laptop crashes and hang

I know you're frustrated but please do not use CAPS when you type somethingDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466419/help-me;-laptop-crashes-and-hang/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok so i had problems before
so i put it on my laptop

an aspire 3620 acer
intel celeron m processor 380
(1.6ghz, 400mhz fsb, 1mb l2cache
14.1"wxga crystalbrite tft lcd monitor
intel graphics media accelerator 900
40gb hdd
dvd/cd-rw combo
512mb ddr2
802.11b/g wireless lan
i start the sims2...and im like 10-30 mintues in the game..it freezes for like 2 minutes then it goes away and this message pops up

the ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to microsoft

i dont think i ever got the messag...

then there's another small message:

the graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal error. please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support. The application will now terminate
wut shall i do

A:sims2...got on my laptop...it crashes..wtf?

You can try updating the graphics driver, also check to see if your current graphics support the game?

ALso, turn off any background programs that might be causing problems..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims2-got-on-my-laptop-it-crashes-wtf.469106/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an oder Sharp XR-11XC projector. I use it to teach a class once a week. When I have it on for about 30-45 minutes, it crashes my laptop to a blue screen. Any ideas?

A:Projector crashes laptop

do you have the details of the blue screen - stopcode and filenames

if VGA connection - check none of the pins are bent - they often do bend and in some cases the connection still works- others you can get various issues depending on the pin - colour cast is typical

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/projector-crashes-laptop.1049947/
Relevancy 38.27%

here is the diagnostic report of my laptop.. help please

A:Laptop crashes every 5-10 minutes.

Install Service Pack 1:

Code:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center
Service Pack 1 will improve the stability and security of your system significantly, failing to install Service Pack 1 can leave your system more vulnerable to malware and crashes.

Uninstall Tuneup Utilities 2011:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2011
These programs produce more problems and do not improve the performance of Windows 7.

Programs and drivers can cause conflicts upon startup:Startup Programs - Change

Only your anti-virus program is usually needed to start upon boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265847-laptop-crashes-every-5-10-minutes.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Inspiron N http www pcworld com product inspiron- r-notebook html I was playing a game and talking on skype which I ve done many times First the game crashes which didn t surprise me since the server was laggy but then skype crashes and my call goes off The entire laptop froze cursor says OS no Laptop my but there's boots OS Crashes, then stuck no keys work nothing I wait a few minutes then when nothing works I did the hold power to turn off I first thought it was windows being windows I turn it back on to see the usual command prompt -esque window with the normal boot text but then at the bottom I something that horrified Laptop Crashes, says there's no OS but then boots my OS me Operating system not found I turned the laptop off when nothing works tried going to boot options but froze there then when I reboot the laptop a few times to see the error the th or so reboot it starts windows home premium and is so far working fine I ran Malware Bytes and not a single threat is found Any ideas nbsp

A:Laptop Crashes, says there's no OS but then boots my OS

How old is the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes-says-theres-no-os-but-then-boots-my-os.204669/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi!

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad running Windows 7, that's about 6 months old. Recently, it got very slow, and now it crashes often. I ran a virus scan, and found nothing. Is there a way to find out why this is, and how to fix it?

Thanks!!!!

A:Win 7 Laptop very slow, crashes often

Here is my DDS log: (FYI: I'm running 64bit windows)

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
Run by Esti at 1:06:06 on 2012-07-06
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.8136.5449 [GMT -4:00]
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Disabled/Updated* {108DAC43-C256-20B7-BB05-914135DA5160}
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {9765EA51-0D3C-7DFB-6091-10E4E1F341F6}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Disabled/Updated* {ABEC4DA7-E46C-2F39-81B5-AA334E5D1BDD}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {2C040BB5-2B06-7275-5A21-2B969A740B4B}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MsMpEng.exe
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\NvXDSync.exe
C:\windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Blue Coat K9 Web Protection\k9filter.exe
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\CrashPlan\CrashPlanService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
C:\windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\iFrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Onekey Theater\OnekeyStudio.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\Energy Management.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\utility.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\RobustIntelligentCompanion\LenovoR.I.C.Tray.exe
C:\Users\Esti\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Onekey Theater\OnekeySupport.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYNAPTICS\SYNTP\SYNTPHELPER.EXE
C:\windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Belvedere\Belvedere.exe
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetoo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459511/win-7-laptop-very-slow-crashes-often/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, i have a toshiba l300d satellite computer, however It keeps on Crashing at random times "when i mean crashing it as if someone was holding the turn on button" {when there is not} and when i try to turn it on again it will crash again

The only way i can stop this is if i leave it for 30 minuites or so and come back and then restart it, i have checked on many websites and rang toshiba but they could not help me.

If anyone could help please reply

Also when i first purchased the computer the battery lasted for 2 hours or so, and in the last year or so it has been maxed to 15 minuites on its battery i am not sure if this is linked to it but i dont really mind the small battery problem but anyways thankyou.
(also this is a problem with the computer to it is slow o.0)

A:My laptop crashes randomly and often

Shutting down after some period of use could be related to heat. The fact that it comes on after sitting for 30 minutes also points to a heat issue.

The battery life could be normal, rechargeable batteries lose the ability to hold a full charge after so many recharge cycles. You may just need to replace the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-randomly-and-often.156406/
Relevancy 38.27%

So I just got Crashes on Sleep Laptop a new laptop with windows and I'm having some issues when it goes to sleep I'll close the lid return some time later and the PC will be off When I turn it back on I'll Laptop Crashes on Sleep get the standard quot your computer turned off incorrectly quot black screen which tells me what mode to boot up in I have no clue how to fix this except that it may be related to Laptop Crashes on Sleep a video driver as I've begun to suspect from other similar but not quite identical issues that people online have had Here's the message I get upon reboot as well as this dmp file that's supposedly important to diagnosing my problem--although microsoft seems to have gone to considerable lengths to prevent me from opening the file myself since I apparently have no software to read it with Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA A A BCP FFFFF B C D BCP FFFFFA F A OS Version Service Pack Product EDIT dpm is not attached the site keeps telling me that it is an invalid file type and I am an administrator so I'm not restricetd or anything Will post if I can get instructions

A:Laptop Crashes on Sleep

To help you with finding the instructions for posting your files:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-on-sleep-683121.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Recently I ve been having a lot of problems with my laptop Everything started after it crashed for no apparent reason Ever since then I have been unable to stay online using AOL for more than a minute Anytime after that it says the connection was reset by the remote host Other than that I thought everything else was normal I had lost some files Crashes/AOL Problems Laptop but nothing that couldn t be replaced Just recently my laptop started to randomly crash Laptop Crashes/AOL Problems again The most recent one was while I was attempting to retry AOL I got connected tried to check mail and a blue screen came up I wasn t able to read what it said on the blue screen but the laptop just restarted a second afterwards I saved the error report from this most recent problem hoping someone can help me with what s going on Microsoft Windows System has recovered from a serious error ----- Microsoft Windows Error signature --- BCCode BCP BCP BCP EBA B BCP OSVer SP Product ----- Error Report Contents The following files will be included in this error report C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C DOCUME NewUser LOCALS WER tmp dir sysdata xml I m not sure if this is anything big since this most recent problem wasn t a full crash and this is the first time I ve gotten that error report The Online Crash Analysis said that it was likely caused by Norton AntiVirus Symantec AntiVirus SAVRT sys but that program wasn t even running at the time Even if this was the cause can anyone help to explain the other random crashes or why I can t connect using AOL for more than a minute Any other type of internet connection works Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-aol-problems.258786/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have searched the internet During Laptop Games Crashes pretty much all day have the time because I've been sick for a few days now and I can't find any information on why my laptop crashes about - minutes after I start a game I've had this computer for about half Laptop Crashes During Games a year and I've played countless number of games Laptop Crashes During Games with no issues I did install everest and pretty sure my laptop is running very hot but I am not amazing with computers and I won't be able to fix this issue on my own Although this might not be the main issue I have no idea Also I never get the BSOD the screen just either shuts off sound still plays in a loop or lines appear up and down the screen Laptop Model Asus- Republic of Gamers G Jh series OS Windows Processor Intel Core i Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Laptop Temps around C Everest Stress Test After about minutes C and held there for another minutes

A:Laptop Crashes During Games

weird thing did happen, the normal temperature for my laptop was in the low to mid 70's C, but after I ran the stress test, it dropped down to the mid 50's C, no idea what happened there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-during-games-582233.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all,

I am using TVersity to share media across my network to my XBox and my PS3. It has been working fine for the most part with some stuttering on occasion, so I bought a new wifi router that supports wireless N because my card supports N. Now when I'm sharing media, I will get random BSOD's complaining about IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The memory.dmp file says the network driver is probably to blame.

The card is an Intel 4965AGN. I have tried the driver included in 7068, I have tried the driver from Intel's website, and I have tried the driver from Acer's website (manufacturer). Any thoughts? I'd like to be able to start sharing media again.

Thanks!

A:Using Wireless N crashes laptop

I changed my PS3 to half duplex connection and it works a million times better than when it was full. Perfectly now for getting media served to it and internet browsing. You could try something like that if you want. I'm on a D-Link router, DI-624.

As for your driver issue, see what Windows Update will offer you, if it does any at all. Install that and try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/6871-using-wireless-n-crashes-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,I've tried to run a scan with malwarebytes ,Avast and eset online scan and they all freeze and crash the laptop when they get to this file c:\boot\bcd.log1
I then have to hold down the power button to shutdown,the same thing also happens in safemode.
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:laptop crashes when trying to use antivirus

Start with these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics.
There are bootable antivirus CD's listed at the bottom of the antimalware page ( Free Online AntiMalware Resources ).

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296839-laptop-crashes-when-trying-use-antivirus.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago, it is a HP Pavillion Notebook. For about a week now, maybe even since when I got it, the laptop sometimes fails to wake up from sleep. The screen stays black, gets slightly lit up to gray, then the computer and goes through all that comes with that instead of waking up.

The event log shows a Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework error.

System specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
16GB RAM
Memory:
8GB Samsung 1600MHz
8GB Samsung 1600MHz

System board
80A5 91.1C

System BIOS:
F.77

The .zip folder as requested is below. Thank you for your help.

DESKTOP-GN6H44L-Sun_01_31_2016_182610_43.zip

A:Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up

Hi, if it's under warranty, you might consider returning it..

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39298-laptop-crashes-sometimes-while-trying-wake-up.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My laptop suddenly crashed. And after that when I press power button then Power button blinks. When i press windows + B and then press power then caps lock blinks twice. And sometimes thrice too. I tried to boot but sometimes when it boots it crashes with error and blue screen and sometimes doesn't boot at all. Tried to remove battery and restart. Nothing helped. Tried to check memory pressing F2 but system hanged on 4% and some portions of screen blurring and disturbing. Sometimes hangs on bios menu. Sometimes doesn't power up at all

A:Laptop sometimes boots but then crashes.

Error code on blue screen includes - bad system config info, system service exception, irql not less or equal, kmode exception not handled

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-sometimes-boots-but-then-crashes/td-p/5686985
Relevancy 38.27%

i have an alienware m15x laptop with win7 and a couple of times a week when i wake my computer up it goes to a blue screen and crashes. after it boots up again, it says intel boot agent ge pxe-e61, pxe-mof check cable. i googled it and people said that sometimes it tries to boot from a network, so i disabled all boot options in bios except the hard disk, but im still having the error. the drive is a 64gb ssd, and it's only a few months old, so it shouldn't be that right? also, i took out the drive and cleaned it with a q-tip as best i could, even though i make a habbit of not touching the terminals of connectors and i couldn't find any dirt on it, but that didn't work either.

A:laptop sometimes crashes on wake

ok, this happened again so i took careful notice of what was happening and here's some specifics:
it showed the windows logon screen with some elements missing (like the cammera's display for aliensence) then an element or 2 went away. after about 4 seconds it showed a blue screen for about a second. i couldn't read it all, but i did make out it saying something like collecting data for a crash dump. then it rebooted and displayed the following text:
intel(r) boot agent ge v1.3.35
copyright (c) 1997-2009 intel corporation
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting intel boot agent
operating system not found

after that i power down and reboot, and aside from lost data, i can logon fine (until it happens again)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-sometimes-crashes-on-wake-521360.html
Relevancy 38.27%

This has been an on and off problem for around 6 months. Ive found that it only seems to be when I leave browsers or anything open on the screen, it seems to take about 30 mins before it crashes. If I open youtube or itunes and keep something playing while im away from the laptop it is fine. When it freezes I cant do anything other than power off the laptop and turn it back on(Crt-alt-del doesnt work). I dont ever get a blue screen. Ive included my .dmp files.

A:Laptop freezes/crashes when not in use

Welcome JayShine1606 to the forum.

No dumps were collected after the 3rd of October.

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.

Quote:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).
Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349805-laptop-freezes-crashes-when-not-use.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place, but if I try and run Roguekiller in Normal Mode it always crashes. Usually it gives a BSOD, but sometimes just reboots. Roguekiller runs fine in Safe Mode, so I'm fairly certain one of my security programs (Avast or Comodo Firewall) is the problem, but would love to figure out what's really going on. Thanks for any help!

A:Roguekiller crashes my laptop.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Why do you want to run RogueKiller?Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574200/roguekiller-crashes-my-laptop/
Relevancy 38.27%

My ASUS Laptop has gotten a bit finicky about sleeping when allotted time expires.

I noticed a Driver Power State Failure on the last crash.

I've reset sleep, display off times and disabled and uninstalled items that could be causing.

Updated wireless network driver, but still crashing.

A:Laptop crashes instead of sleeping

Uninstall your current antivirus as it is contributing to your BSOD's. Replace with Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Malwarebytes Free Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at:Good & Free System Security CombinationReduce items at start up:Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7

Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Your Antivirus software is basically whats just needed there.

Use the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & ErrorsUninstall these software with Revo Free:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 6 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics Public:Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics Public
Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Public:Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Public

Note
Download and install Revo Uninstaller free from here: Download Revo Uninstaller FreewareOpt for "Advanced Mode" and uninstall the software (also delete the leftover registry entries).

Let us know the results.

Bugcheck:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\thefossil 19-07-2013\SF_19-07-2013\071913-19500-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?00000000`00000000?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?00000000`00000000?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff8a0`04517022?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff8a0`0021d022?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c3c0?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03002000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03245670
Debug session time: Sat Jul 20 05:00:16.882 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:20:06.146
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8006333a10, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800c036480}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for pci.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for pci.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297957-laptop-crashes-instead-sleeping.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So I have the first gen HP envy laptop and - when I was running stock windows win home premium x every once in a while when I put the computer to sleep it would show a black screen and just sit there - a year or more later when I installed the windows preview on a logical partition not primary and ran dual boot I never had any issue with sleep mode on a windows boot or very rarely I can t recall it ever happening - a few months later my hard drive died unrelated and I just run -bit windows in a laptop Sleep often crashes single boot setup Now when I put the computer to sleep very often the laptop Sleep often crashes laptop will Sleep often crashes laptop just restart Sometimes maybe ever time idk I get a message saying windows recovered from an error This happens far more often than the black screen problem I had on windows Before I installed Windows preview I assumed it was a problem with the laptop itself but since I never experienced it on win preview I m wondering what the problem is and how I might fix it It wasn t too bad before but it s happening way too frequently with my new win setup Any advice Might it have something to do with the OS being installed on primary vs logical partition Thanks in advance for any help suggestion Sent from my SGH-I M using Tapatalk nbsp

A:Sleep often crashes laptop

are you up to date with windows updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-often-crashes-laptop.1092772/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello laptop crashes after adding ram I have a Presario laptop crashes after adding ram us on xp pro up to date I have norton system works and norton security The unit came with Mb on-board It takes mins to boot because of Norton I added Mb of ram and now it boots in about a minute One problem fixed but created another The unit now freezes at random times between laptop crashes after adding ram five minutes and five hours depending on the load or heat I ve run ram memory tests laptop crashes after adding ram that all pass I ve cleaned the heat sink on the processor and reapplied conductive paste I found a message board from four years ago that folks had the same problem that they thought might be related to one of the Microsoft patches Others limited the max ram the system could use I tried changing boot ini to Mb of max memory but it still froze I m not sure if the address configuration gets recalculated when you add ram or if it uses the on-board first and then the additional ram By limiting use to I m only using an additional Mb of ram but it may be all the new and only of the on-board When it fails I have to hold down the power button to revive it It will then have a problem booting It gets as far a a black screen with orange word Compaq with the cursor in the upper right and stays that way I am able to hit the function key to get into setup I ve tried my backup hard drive with a clean xp load and it still freezes Does anyone know if this is the point where it s testing ram and is there a way to see where it s failing There are no logs or messages This is the second Mb ram chip The first was Compaq and this is another brand with the same results so I don t believe it s a memory issue rather a Compaq design flaw It never froze in the four years I ve owned it when I add the memory it freezes When I remove the memory it never freezes I ve removed and replaced it several times over the past few weeks Does anyone have any ideas what to try I really hate booting up in six minutes without the ram but I can t have the pc freezing and losing all my data as it did near the end of doing TurboTax I ve called Compaq quot Support quot several times and emailed them and as hard as it is to believe they can t help Thanks Frank nbsp

A:laptop crashes after adding ram

If it never did this before you added the ram, and you are certain it is virus and spyware free, then there really is only one answer tests or not and that is if you cannot match the ram exactly, you will need to replace it all to make this run right. I would bet had you bought from www.crucial.com, either it would have run perfectly, or you would have an easy replacement or refund. www.kingston.com or www.corsair.com configurators, would also give you a perfect match, otherwisw buy all new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-after-adding-ram.561495/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all I found an earlier crashes randomly Laptop post Laptop randomly crashes on this subject but the Laptop randomly crashes thread was locked so I hoped I could get some help myself My laptop randomly crashes and it has Laptop randomly crashes done quite often More often than not it's when it's attached to a TV via HDMI or playing SkyGo but I wouldn't say exclusively that I've complied BSOD report following a guide in a previous report and wondered if it made sense to anyone Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa b f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe af c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe af c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa dca f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe af c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe af c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa ab f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe af c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe af c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa c f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe af c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe af c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa c f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe af c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe af c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe b c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe b c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Thanks everybody

A:Laptop randomly crashes

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.  Do not copy/paste data from the report.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490699/laptop-randomly-crashes/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Latitude D600 with mini wireless card intell 2100,na dell part 9y200. Everytime i start my computer where there is wireless n signal my laptop crashes on start up going to blue screen

A:Laptop crashes when near wireless n

How is the mini wireless card intel 2100 configured? What wireless security scheme are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes-when-near-wireless-n.113188/
Relevancy 38.27%

I m using a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop with GB of memory everything else is as it came out of the box The past few weeks I ve been having trouble with a background process svchost exe Looking at my task manager there are several instances of svchost exe but one of them crashes forcing me to restart my laptop This crash doesn t seem to coincide with any particular program or action on my part I spoke with both Microsoft and Toshiba and both said to simply run a system recovery Obviously I m trying to avoid having to do this as it entails a lot of work to get things back to normal Anyone else having this problem I ve looked online for this problem and a possible solution to no avail Any input would be greatly appreciated The error reads like this taken from the event viewer Faulting application svchost exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x

A:Svchost.exe Crashes My Laptop

What data does Event Viewer reflect that might be relevant?What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html Microsoft Windows XP - Using Event Viewer - http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...r.mspx?mfr=true "Crashes"...does that mean that it locks up? Or do you get a BSOD? Or just an error message?How is it that you know that it's svchost.exe that crashes?XP current? Malware prevention installed and current? Firewall running?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113401/svchostexe-crashes-my-laptop/
Relevancy 38.27%

I use a laptop as part of my home theater system connected through its HDMI port and always have ever since I bought it a few years ago But since the last Windows upgrade the November upgrade to version several of the Windows apps have stopped working Now it seems Windows has the behavior of attempting to display several of its apps on a monitor that doesn't exist A momentary crash occurs possibly because a program thread is attempting to get system resources and paint to a surface that isn't there If I disconnect the computer from the theater system or change the Windows display settings for quot Multiple displays quot to quot Duplicate these displays quot rather than how I have it and how it should be quot Show only on quot all of the apps work fine With the quot Duplicate these displays quot setting not only do I have 10 Win laptop using 2nd monitor w/ crashes to have the laptop's monitor powered up when I'm not using it but even worse I have to drop the graphics quality of my home theater TV down to the laptop monitor's capability Am I overlooking something or do I have to wait for an update for this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win-10-crashes-w-laptop-using-2nd-monitor-1076698.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am currently running windows XP and for the past week or so i have notice while using my laptop it will completely just shut off. It doesnt even power down, it shut down like if someone took the battery out of it. It has done this tome while being plug into an ac outlet or without. I'm very confused on why it is shuting down without any command from me can someone please gimme some advice on what to check to pinpoint y this is going on

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there,

I have a 'factory reset' laptop that runs fine when browsing internet etc but freezes or crashes when I run larger programs ( EZ drummer & Home studio 7 specifically )

654GB Free space
Acer Aspire 5742g
i5 2.54ghz
4GB memory
64 bit
Win7

Please help!

A:Laptop freezes or crashes

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop and run it.
Check mark the following boxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
List Installed Programs
List Devices (Only Problems)
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Minidump Files
Click Go and copy & paste the log (Result.txt) into your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523803/laptop-freezes-or-crashes/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a HP Pavilion dv laptop Windows Vista bit service pack included It first happened a week ago when I tried to make a call with skype As soon - (Something with Crashes Please the to microphone) do Laptop Help I hit quot call quot it froze and wouldn't take any command at all no not even ctrl Please Help - Laptop Crashes (Something to do with the microphone) alt del I didnt know what to do so i turned it off by pressing the power button I tried to make a call again the same thing happened At first I thought it was a skype fault but then the same happened with Live Messenger I found out that it had something to do with the microphone because the laptop would freaze whenever i opened any settings for the microphone The laptop has an integrated microphone I run a virus scan with norton internet Updated the audio drivers The problems still remains The computer acts normally on every other task It freezes only when something related to the microphone opens up Dont have the slightest idea what to do Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Please Help - Laptop Crashes (Something to do with the microphone)

Not sure what to suggest other than try a different microphone... if that works then get rid of the old one (or take it back to the shop)

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/196969-please-help-laptop-crashes-something-do-microphone.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Since I have owned this laptop I have had numerous freezes and errors with the occasional blue screen crash,however this week it has happened more than ever. It has happened 9 tmes already today. Please help. I have attached results info from minitoolbox.

A:Laptop Freezes and Crashes

Let's try using this one first.Download  BlueScreenView.exe file and run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and attach it to your next reply. Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487101/laptop-freezes-and-crashes/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello.
My girlfriend got a new laptop as her christmas present from her parents.
The problem is that, when I'm in game, my laptop freezes in all of a sudden at around the 10th min of the game. I had to restart my laptop, it took like 8 minutes to reconnect to the game, then after 10-15 minutes, the laptop's stopped working again, with a blue death screen. It only stops working while I play LoL. The laptop hits even the recommended system requires. Any ideas what should I do in this situation?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600616/laptop-randomly-crashes/
Relevancy 38.27%

Alright so I've got a bit of a problem with my Toshiba Laptop It's about years old and has rarely given me problems Often Overheating? Crashes - Laptop until recently The model number is Toshiba Satellite A -TJ On Monday I decided to play a video game in the morning and to my surprise the laptop crashed within minutes I didn't think much of it so I restarted the laptop only to find that the onscreen image appears quot broken quot or distorted The laptop doesn't even load but instead goes straight to a BSOD while windows is trying to load Since the image is distorted I can't really tell you what it says The laptop shuts down on this screen and if I reboot it I Laptop Crashes Often - Overheating? get the same distorted image and BSOD issue I have to leave the laptop off for about minutes then it started up just fine So I decided to stream a video but within ten minutes the laptop crashed again I then got the distorted image and BSOD problem so I waited another minutes After some testing I realized that now I can't play any video games or watch any videos because the laptop keeps crashing when I do these things I figured maybe the Laptop Crashes Often - Overheating? fan is dusty So I get my compressed air spray and send it into the vents but there was no dust since I had cleaned it earlier this month and I also use a cooling pad So I downloaded a program to monitor the temperatures of the hardware The CPU and hard drive seemed fine but I noticed right away that Laptop Crashes Often - Overheating? my video card has jumped to Celsius and my computer only just started and doesn't feel hot at all So I tested this and I noticed when I played any video game the video card temp jumps up quickly and reaches Celsius after about minute and then my computer crashed I streamed a video and I noticed a slower increase but after minutes the video card temp jumps to Celsius and it crashes During this the CPU temp was around Celsius but I think that's normal Also I have windows fully updated and all drivers as well Here's a screenshot of the temp when my computer is on idle after just being started http img imageshack us img idletempk jpg

A:Laptop Crashes Often - Overheating?

Please follow the instructions from the link below. This will help us diagnose your problem better

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152506-laptop-crashes-often-overheating.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone my parents recently bought me a new laptop last moth at on Frequent laptop new BSODs a crashes and first it was going well but after a few days it crashes iv e re installed windows and all the drivers but the same thing happens again and again System Specs MSI CX Intel Core i M GHz ATI mobility radeon HD Intel HD graphics i have Frequent BSODs and crashes on a new laptop switchable graphics GB Ram yes its pretty small for a bit OS i have plans on upgrading it to GB by next month Windows ultimate bit Programs that crashed include - Google Chrome the Frequent BSODs and crashes on a new laptop Flash player crashes often and sometimes chrome displays the quot aw Frequent BSODs and crashes on a new laptop snap quot page - Warcraft III i think its the map that causes this app to crash no big deal - Spore i removed it already i am sooo depressed when i have done a lot of things in the game and in the end it wont save because of the BSOD D - Left Dead it crashed once - Mozilla Firefox it crashed once Addition to that i cannot upgrade my ATI graphics card because after i downloaded the driver from the ATI website when i install it it says that it is not compatible with mine although its the same Mobility Radeon HD The switchable graphics is interfering with the updated driver Also when i look at the site of MSI the ATI driver there is outdated but i am forced to use it because i have no other choice i have included mini dump files thank you for reading and i hope you guys can help me Thanks nbsp

A:Frequent BSODs and crashes on a new laptop

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 pre-installed? If so, have you used Windows Update to update windows 7 to service pack 1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-bsods-and-crashes-on-a-new-laptop.173135/
Relevancy 37.84%

Just recently my Laptop has started to crash hang when placed into hibernation if I put it into hibernation the screen goes black which normally happens then the fan goes crazy I have to press and hold the Laptop 0x000000fe put crashes Hibernate into when power button to get it Laptop crashes when put into Hibernate 0x000000fe to shut off I have noticed when I've come back to my laptop during the day that I have an error message that says quot windows has recovered from a serious error quot just put Laptop crashes when put into Hibernate 0x000000fe it down to overworking also if I leave my laptop it quot sleeps quot but I haven't set it to do this and if it does sleep it crashes the same as it does when hibernating The only thing I have done that may be causing it is I upgraded the RAM to GB I ran the windows memtest and it came back with no errors there is no BSOD or that I can see but using a program the culprits seem to be afd sys ntoskrnl exe usbhub sys and there bug code is always x fe My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron running windows bit OEM GB RAM with the newest SP I have attached all the information as requested thanks for your assistance

A:Laptop crashes when put into Hibernate 0x000000fe

A STOP 0xFE is a problem with USB. Please disconnect all external USB devices and see if this still happens. If so, it's possible that some internal devices are USB also (webcam, fingerprint reader, media card reader, etc)

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

USB symbol errors are given while the memory dumps are running. I'd suggest updating your chipset drivers from the Dell website.

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs:
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please either update the older drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers.

Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
dlkmdldr.sys Sun Apr 10 16:00:39 2011 (4DA20C67)
avgrkx64.sys Tue Sep 13 00:02:34 2011 (4E6ED5DA)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:50 2011 (4E1A2982)
dtsoftbus01.sys Mon Oct 17 08:12:30 2011 (4E9C1BAE)
avgmfx64.sys Sun Aug 07 23:41:46 2011 (4E3F5AFA)
AVGIDSFilter.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:37:05 2011 (4E1A2991)
RaInfo.sys Fri Jan 04 13:57:14 2008 (477E818A)
LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 12:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
AVGIDSDriver.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:37 2011 (4E1A2975)
avgtdia.sys Sun Jul 10 18:46:53 2011 (4E1A2BDD)
avgldx64.sys Thu Oct 06 23:55:41 2011 (4E8E783D)
dlkmd.sys Sun Apr 10 16:00:08 2011 (4DA20C48)
Apfiltr.sys Wed Sep 16 08:47:47 2009 (4AB0DE73)
Impcd.sys Fri Feb 26 18:32:11 2010 (4B8859FB)
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009 (49A3CD1F)
igdkmd64.sys Wed Mar 31 18:47:01 2010 (4BB3D0E5)
lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 18:32:45 2007 (461C108D)
netw5v64.sys Thu Mar 26 12:21:24 2009 (49CBAB84)
Rt64win7.sys Thu Aug 20 12:05:06 2009 (4A8D7432)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
RTKVHD64.sys Fri Oct 02 07:09:59 2009 (4AC5DF87)
IntcDAud.sys Wed Feb 03 08:38:31 2010 (4B697C57)
hiber_dumpfve.sys Mon Jul 13 19:21:51 2009 (4A5BC18F)
hiber_dumpata.sys Mon Jul 13 19:19:47 2009 (4A5BC113)
hiber_msahci.sys Mon Jul 13 20:01:01 2009 (4A5BCABD)
avgmfx64.sys Tue Mar 01 07:25:15 2011 (4D6CE5AB)
avgrkx64.sys Wed Mar 16 10:06:34 2011 (4D80C3EA)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Tue Feb 22 00:23:04 2011 (4D634838)
AVGIDSFilter.Sys Wed Feb 09 23:59:37 2011 (4D5370B9)
AVGIDSDriver.Sys Fri May 27 10:06:1... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211715-laptop-crashes-when-put-into-hibernate-0x000000fe.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I've been having difficulty with my laptop for a few months now It's running with Windows XP Home GHz MB of RAM For the past few months its been very slow to load up crashes slow laptop, frequently when I turn it on Firefox or Explorer when I rarely use it takes extraordinarily long to start up and it frequently crashes I have Photoshop and I generally have to close Firefox before opening it otherwise one or both will crash In general programs crash or freeze very often Sometimes they'll just close with no warning I regularly run and update Ad-Aware but if it finds anything it never seems to be much problem I have AVG free and Windows Defender running in the background all the slow laptop, crashes frequently time I slow laptop, crashes frequently ran HijackThis and RSIT their logs are below When I ran GMER it didn't come up with any notices and when it was scanning I got the blue screen of death so I'm a little hesitant to run it again unless someone asks me to Any thoughts slow laptop, crashes frequently on what's wrong with my computer Thanks in advance for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Rebecca Compton Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http icanhascheezburger com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D ... Read more

A:slow laptop, crashes frequently

Bump because it's been over 72 hours.
Also, since I don't think I can edit my previous post, I actually have XP Media Center Edition, not Home like I said previously. And I just copy and pasted the log.txt file, I was confused whether or not to copy or attach it because of this:

Quote:

# DO NOT Attach the logs unless specifically requested. (Post it as text in the thread).

Please let me know if you want any more information and if you can help me. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-laptop-crashes-frequently-309220.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hi, i do have an old acer laptop with 512 mb memory 80 gig hardrive and amb sempron. it keeps on crashing whenver i watch youtube, or even just scanning for virus.im suspecting that it is a heat problemor my memory or processor are toast. could somebody teach me how to diagnose so i would know if im gonna buy a new parts or just throw the unit away.thanks!

A:acer 3000 laptop crashes

Closing duplicate thread to: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/745836-laptop-shuts-down-randomly.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-3000-laptop-crashes.745806/
Relevancy 37.84%

I purchased a Dell Inspiron Laptop It has the following devices Intel i HQ Toshiba TB Hybrid drive GB RAM NVidia GTX M GB GDDR dedicated Graphics Card It came preinstalled with Windows Home I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows instead without any major issues However there are issues I cannot figure out The first issue is that I have an Unknown Device listed in my device manager and Laptop Update Windows Crashes have installed all the winows drivers that are associated with my service tag The second issue which is MUCH Windows Update Crashes Laptop more pressing is that when I install windows updates the laptop will reboot which it should to complete the update process but once it gets to the windows splash screen it locks up and will not proceed to the Windows Welcome screen I have had to perform system restore every time it has locked up like this just to be able to get back into windows I have tried going into safe mode Windows Update Crashes Laptop as well before restoring it and it froze at the loading devices screen This is when I Windows Update Crashes Laptop am forced to perform System Restore Also occassionally when I do perform system restore it will tell me that the restore did not complete successfully when performing it but when it reboots it will then say it successfully restored But at the same time I have tried system restore was told it succeeded but it still would not load into windows Any help would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625679/windows-update-crashes-laptop/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello Recently I have been experiencing many problems with my laptop Sometimes it randomly crashes and restarts without any errors or BSOD Laptop crashes/restarts and anything I have been trying to look for any viruses on my computer but its clean so I guess it might be a problem with my battery My computer is a few years but I have never had problems Laptop crashes/restarts and BSOD like this before I tried to remove the battery from my laptop and run it directly through the charger but it only gave more problems When I started my computer it gave me a blue screen of death I tried to write down what I thought was important DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop x D xFFFFF FF x x xFFFFF FF I managed to run a repair on startup after the BSOD but then after login I clicked once on a folder and the computer froze I have put the battery back into the computer and it works in times but crashes and restarts sometimes I have also tried to turn off the automatic restart so that it will give me a BSOD instead and it gave me these numbers Stop x F x x x F xFFFFF D How can I fix all these crashes and restarts and why cant I run my computer without battery Thanks for taking your time to read this

A:Laptop crashes/restarts and BSOD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-restarts-and-bsod-684123.html
Relevancy 37.84%

When I attempt to wake my Windows laptop Crashes Sleep Mode Laptop in from sleep mode the computer restarts due to a crash I used WhoCrashed to identify the problem and it says the following crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA EBA xFFFFF A xFFFFFA AC BE Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent Laptop Crashes in Sleep Mode or invalid power state This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time How can I fix this problem so that I can put my laptop into sleep mode

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30189-laptop-crashes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok so I bought a brand new Asus laptop the specs are below. The computer keeps giving me a BSOD for no reason, completely random. So I am begging for some people to help me out here. PLEASE. I am at witts end.

Asus Notebook G60VX
Intel Core 2 Duo
Cpu [email protected]
4.00 GB Ram
Windows 7 64-Bit

Memory.dmp:
************ - online file sharing and storage - download MEMORY.zip
Minidump Folder
************ - online file sharing and storage - download Minidump.zip

Thank you very much in advance!

~Kenny

A:Random Crashes on BRAND NEW laptop :(

Welcome!

Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

Out of the 33 dmps, 2 of them appear to be caused by your anti-virus Zone Alarm. I would advise uninstalling Zone Alarm completely with Revo Uninstaller.

The rest don't point to a specific driver, which suggests a system problem.

Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow.

You might also test your memory. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using ImgBurn. Boot from the CD, and run at least 5 passes.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/68601-random-crashes-brand-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok so I've been looking into this for a while real No crashes Laptop cause. without BSOD - any now and I cant seem to fix this My laptop randomly just crashes It doesnt give a bluescreen it doesnt do No BSOD - Laptop crashes without any real cause. anything weird Its just as if someone pulled out the power This happens both on battery and when plugged in Quote - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel No BSOD - Laptop crashes without any real cause. System Computer - Security UserID - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Now I've looked up into EventID and it gives back this post Windows Kernel event No BSOD - Laptop crashes without any real cause. ID error quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first quot in Windows Windows Server Windows or Windows Server R If you look in that post my problem has all the conditions of method The reason I came here is cause after the steps there I hit the wall Overclocking Not overclocking at all The cpu has a default turbo clock though Check the memory Done a while ago when this problem occurred just not as often as now Didnt seem to be problems back then Power supply Well Its a laptop and it happens both on battery and on cable But the battery seems fine I can run my laptop for around hours without charging Overheating Could be a problem My laptop is known to hit over degree celcius on the cpu Although it just happened on the first start after a nights rest Which means this shouldnt be the problem Defaults Did not want to resort to this just yet Alot of work on this laptop and since my backup disk crashed I cant backup it yet I hope this makes my problem clear and that I posted in the correct section Thanks in advance for the help

A:No BSOD - Laptop crashes without any real cause.

Quote: Originally Posted by kgs1992

Hi.

You say that CPU core touches 100?C, that is dangerously close to TJMax.
Run Prime95 (64 bit or 32 bit).
Check your core temps using RealTemp.
Let it run for aboput 30 mins. See if that causes a reboot and note the max temps.

As I said, I know it reaches that temprature, but this is only under very, very high load. (Read full stress test)
It also restart after sitting for a night (which means its completely cooled down). And then right after the boot. Without doing anything. The core sits at about 40 degree then.

I honestly doubt if this can be my problem. But I'll check out the links you put in.

Thanks for the reply

EDIT:
The cpu becomes a maximum of 75 degree. I can only get it to go way higher when I stress both my GPU and CPU (Who use the same cooler in this laptop). I can stress my cpu without problems for an extended time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293302-no-bsod-laptop-crashes-without-any-real-cause.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,
I have a compaq Presario laptop and recently when i try and watch streamed videos from movie sites (not porn) the computer carshes on firefox and explorer.
WIth firefox its this error details.

Add-ons: {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}:3.0.11
BuildID: 2009060215
CrashTime: 1246617104
Email: [email protected]
InstallTime: 1246579425
ProductName: Firefox
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 39651
StartupTime: 1246616546
Theme: classic/1.0
URL: about:blank
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.0.11

Its not all videos. SOmeone told me it could be a codex or something. Buts its driving me up the wall.

Help Soon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-crashes-whn-streaming-certain-video-391323.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit came installed with the laptop. Bought the laptop around 2009. Any help would be very helpful.

A:Had several laptop crashes in the last couple of weeks

Problematic Software:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ParetoLogic\RegCure Pro OrinCordus\rcordy:Start Menu\Programs\ParetoLogic\RegCure Pro OrinCordus\rcordy
Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
McAfee was in the stack in one of the crashes. I suspect that it may be corrupted. Uninstall and re-install McAfee: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)
If that does not resolve the problem: Your crashes primarily indicate hard disk problems. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run the short and long tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, uninstall it in device manager and see if the system performs better.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to cl... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233522-had-several-laptop-crashes-last-couple-weeks.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Sleep mode crash
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3948 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 78668 MB; D: Total - 442862 MB, Free - 142706 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K52Jr, 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.2, Updated and Enabled
My computer crashes everytime it goes into sleep or hibernation. Any help would be great.

A:Laptop crashes on sleep mode

I reloaded a laptop recently and had the same problem. Turned out the windows disc loaded windows drivers instead of the brand name drivers.. I manually replaced them all and the problem was solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-on-sleep-mode.1016834/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer has crashed about times in the last minutes its a brand new computer and I have no clue whats going on Please Help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM 5 New about Brand =[ crashes laptop minutes i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc CN A GFTY P CN H Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Highjackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Windows SysWOW msiexec exe C Users Kathy Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Brand New laptop crashes about 5 minutes =[ Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com USCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Dell Webcam Central quot C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot mode O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run mcui exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey O - HKLM Run Desktop Disc Tool quot C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell Registration C Program Files x System Registration prodreg exe boot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler Launcher exe O - HKLM RunOnce DSUpdateLauncher quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate hstart exe quot NOCONSOLE D quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate quot RUNAS quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce STToasterLauncher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup toasterLauncher exe O - DEFAULT User Startup Best Buy pc app lnk C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe User Default user O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock Del... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop-crashes-about-5-minutes.1001292/