Windows Support Forum

My computer constantly change time and date - question

Q: My computer constantly change time and date - question

Dear All member of Techspot and moderators.

Recently, My computer is starting change time and dates
1st day before Normal computer use: work, homework, play, Yehhh! <expression>
2nd day, when I turn on the computer, it show me today is "March 13, 2014. 3PM"
Time and Date is wrong. I manually change correct time.
3rd day, the computer change its time and day again, fix it manually.
Basically I do 2nd and 3rd repeatly.

I researched about this problem: I might need change the battery.

However, I really want to know what is the most important thing to do before I replace the battery. Do I need back up all my saved data in computer ?
Also, what if I do not replace the battery ? I mean what is the worst situation.

From
neowing.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My computer constantly change time and date - question

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My computer constantly change time and date - question

Your bios setting will get reset, when you change the cmos batterry.

Take note of the setting, before changing the battery.

Your data on the harddrive will not be affected, by a battery change.

I always thought that a weak/dying battery caused reset to factory setting. March 2014 ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-constantly-change-time-and-date-question.157832/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello:

Each time I turn on my computer and as it is boots up it will delay for a time with a line that reads something like ...Automatic IDE Configuration.... and then a message that my date and time are incorrect. The date goes back to Nov. 2003. Once I correct the date, time and year things seem to perform ok. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello For the past two weeks my computer has been changing the date or time by itself The date and time can be different not shut date/time down, Computer does change the next time I would turn the computer on or the date time would change while the computer was on I have not noticed the date time changing when I start up something like the internet it just happens out of nowhere I know this may not help much but the date time doesn t change drastically For example on this past Sunday at about am the computer time read that it was Sunday December th am Whenever this would happen I would just readjust the date time on the Date amp Time tab in the Date and Time Properties I did not think to look at Time Zones and Internet Time Computer does not shut down, date/time change then Another problem I have is Computer does not shut down, date/time change that while shutting down my computer sometimes my computer restarts instead Sometimes I see a blue screen when this happens I cannot read the blue screen message as the screen disappears very quickly I tried looking for the blue screen message in the event viewer but it is not there I do not know if these two problems are related to one another I read that the random time date changes can be caused by a dying motherboard Computer does not shut down, date/time change battery I asked some members of my family to check this and they said that the battery is fine so the problem must be a virus If anyone could guide me to check this again if needed I would greatly appreciate it I fixed the time by going to the date and time properties I found out that my time zone was changed so I fixed that Also I went to Internet Time and synchronized the time with the time server I read somewhere that the date time change problem can be solved by choosing not to synchronize time by un-checking the box Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server but I did not want to attempt this as I was unsure about doing this The date and time have not changed again yet but I am still concerned with that issue and the issue with the restarts I am running Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack I also ran virus scans using Kapersky Internet Security and the ESET Online Scanner Both scans did not detect any infected files Thank you in advance

A:Computer does not shut down, date/time change

Hello, we can take a look for malware.. Sometimes the clock issues is a failing motherboard battery in older PC'sMiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.>>>>Please Download TDSSkiller Launch it. Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results.>>>>Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).Lastly ... I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the
icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478155/computer-does-not-shut-down-datetime-change/
Relevancy 83.42%

When i turn on computer date is always in 2002 year and time is different then real..
What could be the cause of this and how could I fix this?
Thanks!

A:Date and time change when i turn on computer

Hello Roma, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please update your system specs so we may be able to better help with your specific hardware.

System Info - See Your System Specs

For now, it seems that you motherboard CMOS battery may be dead or close to it, and needs replacing. In addition, double check your BIOS CMOS time and date to make sure it's correct. Next, double check your time zone and date & time settings in Windows to make sure they are correct.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267328-date-time-change-when-i-turn-computer.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello For the past two weeks my computer has been changing the date or time by itself The date and time can be different the next time I would turn the computer on or the date time would change while the computer was on I have not noticed the date time changing when I start up something like the internet shut change Computer down, date/time on restarts it just happens out of nowhere I know this may not help much but the date time doesn Computer restarts on shut down, date/time change t change drastically For example last Sunday at about am the computer time read that it was Sunday December th am Whenever this would happen I would just readjust the date time on the Date amp Time tab in the Date and Time Properties I did not think to look Computer restarts on shut down, date/time change at Time Zones Computer restarts on shut down, date/time change and Internet Time then Another problem I have is that while shutting down my computer sometimes my computer restarts instead Sometimes I see a blue screen when this happens I cannot read the blue screen message as the screen disappears very quickly I tried looking for the blue screen message in the event viewer but it is not there I do not know if these two problems are related to one another I read that the random time date changes can be caused by a dying motherboard battery I asked some members of my family to check this and they said that the battery is fine so the problem must be a virus I was told to repost my question here after asking if this problem was caused by a virus original topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html The moderator helping me told me that they did not believe malware was the cause of the problems I fixed the time by going to the date and time properties I found out that my time zone was changed so I fixed that Also I went to Internet Time and synchronized the time with the time server I read somewhere that the date time change problem can be solved by choosing not to synchronize time by un-checking the box Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server but I did not want to attempt this as I was unsure about doing this The date and time have not changed again yet but I am still concerned about that issue and the issue with the restarts I shut down my computer earlier today When I turned my computer on again today I received a quot new hardware found quot message and the new hardware setup wizard but I have no idea why I did not change any hardware The remove hardware utility also popped up in the quick launch and it showed that I had a USB stick plugged in I did plug in a USB stick earlier but I removed it before shutting down my computer Thank you in advance

A:Computer restarts on shut down, date/time change

<<I asked some members of my family to check this, and they said that the battery is fine so the problem must be a virus.>>

Now that this theory has been discounted...please replace your CMOS battery, then go into the BIOS and reset the date/time data to an accurate reflection.

Date/time changes...hardware configuration errors...those are common symptoms indicating that the CMOS battery needs replacing.

If this is a desktop, it's rather easy.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/81

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478685/computer-restarts-on-shut-down-datetime-change/
Relevancy 74.82%

(At least the Recycle Bin can be removed without a registry edit hack. These have always been my top 2 peeves of Windows.)

How please.

From the desktop view I simply want to look down and to the right to see the ?Sunday, September 8, 2013 ? 2:17PM? I see now ... but have to move my mouse over there and hover over it first. Why would I want to have to do that?

It wasn't possible in XP (that I know of) ? not without having to expand your taskbar to twice the width. (And let's face it, there is nothing quite as intimidating as a big huge fat thick taskbar.)

A:How to change desktop taskbar time to date+time?

Hello Win8fait,

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to show the full date and time on your taskbar.

Date Format for Taskbar System Tray - Show Full Day and Month Names - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30984-how-change-desktop-taskbar-time-date-time.html
Relevancy 71.81%

When i press the "Change date and time", an error occurs.

it says: " Unable to continue. You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help."

im sure that i'm the admin of my pc. i can change the time settings before, but I can't now. The time is 1 hour advance.

Hope somebody can help. Thanks.

A:Can't change date and time

Quote: Originally Posted by Barusang

When i press the "Change date and time", an error occurs.

it says: " Unable to continue. You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help."

im sure that i'm the admin of my pc. i can change the time settings before, but I can't now. The time is 1 hour advance.

Hope somebody can help. Thanks.

Does it sync the time on the internet by itself?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71526-cant-change-date-time.html
Relevancy 71.81%

it seems there is something wrong with my control panel . not only does date & time option fail to appear there , but when i type timedate.cpl in the run box it pulls up the telephony control panel . so i checked tweakui and the telephony control panel associated with phone and modem (which is correct ) but is also associated with date and time. that is why even though date&time is checked off in tweakui to show up in my control panel it doesn't ! but phone and modem appears TWICE!!! i need to some how associate things correctly in regedit i think please help ! may need reg help and a clean copy of xpsp2 timedate.cpl file.

btw - when i double-click the time in the taskbar it also brings up th telephony c.p. , same-same with right-clicking and choosing adjust date&time option
thanx guys!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-date-time.838267/
Relevancy 71.81%

Please help!

I cannot change the date or time on my computer. Everytime I try it says that I have to be an administrator to do it, even though I am the administrator, in fact I am the only user on the system!

I have tried going into the user accounts but it won't let me click on manage another account type, change account type, or even change account name.

Any help would be much appreciated.

As a side issue which might also be related, I cannot install windows updates and it won't let me click on 'ok' when I try to change the setting to allow all users to install updates.

Thanks for looking and please help if you can!

Ed

A:Can't change date or time!!

Okay, don't panic.

Are you logged into the Vista hidden Admin account, or the first account you created ?

In XP the first account is an admin account; however, in Vista the first account you create claism to be an admin account.

But it isn't. Its a user account with user access.

So, look in the tutorials in these forums for the Hidden Admin account.

Create it, then change the clock.

Note that only the hidden admin can chage account types or names.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261431-cant-change-date-time.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I Can't change Date Or Time
Every time i try to change the date it says An Error Has Occurred Unable TO save Changes

I'm Running Vista ultimate Sp1

A:Can't change Date Or Time

I think you are administrator
Start>>Search>>secpol.msc

navigate:

Policies>>User rights>>Change the System Time

Local Service and Administrators group must to have access to this option - if is another you have to fix it

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216483-cant-change-date-time.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I've been having this problem for about a month and a half. Every time i reboot my machine, the date and time get change. At first the month would get changed to january , and the time would change exactly 1 hour back of the real time. The day and year were fine. That was in october. Now that its november and the daylight saving took place. The time is fine, but the month still gets rolled back but February. It seems to go back 9 months from the current month for some reason.

I've ran Registry Mechanic, fixed all the probs that it found, but it didn't help this prob.
I've ran Anti virus' programs - nothing
I've ran Spyware removers - nothing

So I'm kinda out of ideas now and any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Doofly48

A:On Reboot The Date And Time Change

This is usually a problem caused by a dead battery on the motherboard. They are inexpensive and easy to change. You can see the procedure on this site. Don't worry about writing down the CMOS settings, it not required IMHO.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36183/on-reboot-the-date-and-time-change/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi
I want change format Time& Date but when i change country to a format special for example English (united state) after click OK button at once return to previous format
help me!

A:Not Change Format Time & Date

Time Format - Change

Date Format - Change

Date and Time - Change

Format Regional Language - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329999-not-change-format-time-date.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

So I noticed this morning that the date and time has somehow been changed to March 31st 2006 @ 3am (currently). When I try and change it I am alerted that I do not have the right privileges. Both accounts on this computer are administrators. I also cannot access it from the control panel.

If I try to access Local Security Policy under admin tools I am alerted that there is a "group policy error" and I do not have permission. never used group policy and do not know what it is.

I also do not have privileges to run a system restore.

Finally, certain websites, such as gmail, are giving me an error that The server's security certificate is not yet valid!

All of these privileges are things that I was able to do yesterday.

Thanks for the help!

A:can't change date/time and other issues

Hello you can change date and time settings in your bios. Reboot your system press delete key. Enter the date and time section do the necessary change then press f10 which will save and exit. Guess what time is changed in windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-date-time-and-other-issues.1063174/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi. I am running windows XP Home edition with SP3 (service pack 3). When ever i click on my Taskbar to view/change the date and time, i get a message(window) that says "You do not have the proper privilege level to change the system time." I only have one account on the computer and the account type is administrator. I was thinking it might be my firewall which is comodo internet security but even with that turned off i still get the same message. Please let me know if this is a minor problem that i do not have to worry about or a serious system failure/ virus or what ever else it maybe. Thank you for the help.

P.S. I have run multiple virus scans and they all come out clean.

A:Cant change date and time properties

Check for solution here:http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/article...permissions.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208193/cant-change-date-and-time-properties/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, as above - the date changes randomly, sometimes backwards, sometimes forwards, for a day, two, five... A few weeks ago I had this problem with changing time, but now it seems to be ok, it's just the date now. I did set the clock properly, update with the Windows server etc. The computer is just 2 months old. It's Asus, if it matters. I couldn't find any answer in the net, please HELP!!

A:Random date/time change in Windows 7

Hello Asia, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might double check what time is set in your BIOS, and if you have the correct time zone with the proper daylight savings time option selected in Windows 7. If these are not correct, then it could cause issues with the time.

Hope this may help some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/144481-random-date-time-change-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Without a third party program, is there a way to change the color of the date and time in the systray?

If not, is there a good freeware program that I can do just that?

Thanks!

R

A:change the color of the date/time in the systray

Maybe you can do it but I don't know how. Personally I use third party software - T Clock 2010

It's no longer updated and the project has been abandoned but it still works.

T-Clock 2010 (download) - DonationCoder.com

Screenshot from my machine:
If you want it to work properly you need an Elevated Shortcut in your Startup Programs folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/397581-change-color-date-time-systray.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Friends

I can't able to change my systems date and time. But i can change date and time through the domain user (windows server 2008 user). I need solution for this issue.

A:Unable to change date and time in windows 7

Maybe it's because you're not an admin? Usually administrators only have the privilege to change the date and time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-change-date-and-time-in-windows-7-a-677672.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hail to everyone!

lately, when i turn on my computer, I changed the date/time setting into current time.
my problem is...every time i turn off my computer, remove all the cables/connection(mouse, keyboard, powerchord, monitor cable), then after several minutes, i put it back all the cables then power on, the same it goes back again to default date/time setting that's why i need again to change the date/time setting into current time. anyone who can help me? do i need to change my cmos battery?

thanks in advance!

A:always change to default date/time setting

yes , you need to change the CMOS battery . the always change to default date/time setting is for bad Battery.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217187/always-change-to-default-datetime-setting/
Relevancy 70.52%

I had 8.1 installed, and did the update from 8/12/2014 and now I can't change my date and time from the desktop, it gives me the following message;

You are attempting to open a file type of 'System file' (.cpl)

These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Modifying or editing them could damage your system.

More options

So what do I use to open and run it?

Windows 8.1 is becoming a real hassle to deal with

A:Can't change date and time from desktop since 8.1.2 update

I just tried this and the date changed OK. Strangely though immediately I got a notification in Action Centre saying "Click here to enter your most recent password (important)". Clicking on the link just took me to the "My Accounts" in "PC Settings" section of the modern UI with nowhere to enter password. Odd.

You using a microsoft account? Are you part of the administrators group? Have you changed UAC settings?
As a matter of interest do you not automatically update the date and time?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/51852-cant-change-date-time-desktop-since-8-1-2-update.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello

Using NotePad, I could enter the time and date using the <F5> function key. The format display is:

HH:MM:SS YYYYMMdd

Is it possible to change it do the date came before the time

YYYYMMdd HH:MM:SS

Martin

A:Using NotePad, change the behavior of the date time format

Hello Martin,

You might see if these tutorials may help.

Date Format - Change

Time Format - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224826-using-notepad-change-behavior-date-time-format.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi basically the issue is that because I've had this laptop for such a long time originally my dad set up the admin password to my old laptop but has now forgotten it and has no idea what it is I've tried so many combinations for when I admin change and can asking How password an it bypass the date I time? but we can't remember it This shouldn't be too big of an issue however my laptop had a habit of resetting the date and time every so often It now believes that the date is th November and because of this How can I bypass it asking for an admin password when I change the date and time? I cannot access the Internet at all All websites are listed as unsafe and I can't use any games that require internet connection When I try to change the date and time it needs an admin password I have tried running cmd exe and changing the date and time that way nothing I've tried starting with command prompt and using the net user commands but all access is denied There are two accounts one which is mine which is a normal user and the other is called Admin and belongs to my dad That's the one we don't know the password for My system is windows and the laptop is Asus Is there any way to get around this Can I somehow bypass the admin password with some software that is safe I've tried downloading this iSunshare software onto a hard drive and opening the program on the old laptop but it requires an admin password to run Thanks

A:How can I bypass it asking for an admin password when I change the date and time?

There is no way to bypass the admin prompt when performing action above what your user account has rights to.

Per the forum rules we cannot assist in circumventing or bypassing a system password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-bypass-it-asking-for-an-admin-password-when-i-change-the-date-and-time-961625.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a system file missing and I can t change my time and date I m stuck on May and therefore the virus scanner won t update anymore I cannot change Html time Trojan & can't Framer, date or change anything anymore I get an error message saying This operation Trojan & Html Framer, can't change date or time has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer Please contact your system administrator The computer is noticably slower and SuperAntiSpyware found a Trojan Bronto AVG found Html Framer with the May date and I m sure there is more since I cannot update the virus scanner Please HELP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT asuskbservice exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C PROGRA ALIANT HIGH-S app pppoeservice exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINNT System svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA WinZip winzip exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ctv ca F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINNT system proper exe O - BHO SearchHelper Class - C A BE-BFC - dea-A C- ADBDB - C WINNT system FeedMerge dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msrr exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetupICWDesktop C Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwconn exe desktop User Default user O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http edits mywebsearch com toolbaredits menusearch jhtml p ZJxdm YYCA O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider rsvp dll missing O - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak exe imgfarm com images nocache funwebproducts ei ZwinkyInitialSetup -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-html-framer-cant-change-date-or-time.695901/
Relevancy 69.66%

Even though I'm logged in as adminon my PC (Windows 2000), I can't change anything andhave no access to the controll panel. I need to change the date and time on my PC, it's stuck on December 2002. I also can't change or delete any wallpaper, no access.
I've had this problem for a while, postet it here and didn't get help, haven't been able to solve it, yesterday my PC finally blue screened with a STOP error. I booted from CD and re-installed Windows 2000, so I could at least gain access, but I need help with these issues, please!

A:logged in as admin on my PC, no right to change wallpaper or date and time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-on-my-pc-no-right-to-change-wallpaper-or-date-and-time.760334/
Relevancy 69.66%

When I create a file in Windows 7 and save it I get the current date and time stamp but when I edit the program at a later time and date and save again it doesn't change the date and time stamp it stays the same as the original file! I feel like a moron but how can I change this?

A:Change date and time stamp on file save...

Hi Dave,

Presuming you have made changes to the file that require saving, the date and time should indeed change. See the image below : do you have the Date Modified, or Date Created option showing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/132062-change-date-time-stamp-file-save.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I've been given an satellite pro 6100 that hadnt been used for some time. Windows wouldnt work so reinstalled it with the correct disk.

when i try and 'activate' windows i get 32777 error message and the laptop is unable to connect with the activation servers which a google leads to me believe that the date/time are incorrect in the bios.

I know to press esc to get access to the bios but there is no option to change date and time in there. i have set the correct date/time in windows but this doesnt seem to synch with the bios. i have updated to the latest bios version but this still does not help.

how can i change or update the time in the bios?

thanks

A:Satellite Pro 6100 - How to change date/time in BIOS

Hello

I doubt that time and date setting in BIOS does affect the Windows activation? Even the Windows time doesn?t affect this in my opinion. There must be another reason for this problem.
Can you activate Windows via phone?

Normally the date/time in BIOS can you change if you mark the date or time then press ?+? or ?-? key to change this. Sometimes you have to press PageDown/Up depending on the BIOS or notebook model.
Usually in BIOS setup you can find a short info how to change the values.

Check this!!!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60706-Satellite-Pro-6100-How-to-change-date-time-in-BIOS
Relevancy 69.66%

The pull-down menu to the right of "Install new updates" and the one to the right of "at" are both greyed out.

I'm tempted to just turn off Automatic Updates altogether if I can't change these to a more amenable time of day for myself and others who may use this machine from time to time.

I hope someone can help with this matter.

BZT

A:Home Premium x64: Can't change new updates time and date

Hello, welcome to the Seven forums.

It is possible to select the time when automatically downloaded updates are installed only when the option Install updates automatically is selected:

If any other option is selected (the ones highlighted with yellow in screenshot below) the option to choose install time is not available:

This, of course, is only logical because you have selected not to install updates automatically.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/204328-home-premium-x64-cant-change-new-updates-time-date.html
Relevancy 68.8%

when the change the date and time to exact day ,it automatically changes to wrong time help please

A:[SOLVED] unable to change date and time in windows7 starter

Check your local time settings.

If that don't work access BIOS and check the time settings there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unable-to-change-date-and-time-in-windows7-starter-613085.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I was viewing a recently closed thread and was interested in a similar task I would like to test the ability for my program to not be manipulated by any sort of time scripts created but first need assistance in creating a simple script that would set the system time to a STATIC time or maybe - minutes or even a loop that sets the time I have write a starting script How time a program to before change and 2 date to the script that syncs the system time to a time server but wanted to see if anyone would provide a sample script that may possibly How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program 2 still be able to change the time in this app Here s a good How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program 2 example User logs in clicks a button which timestamps and saves this time to our database This timestamp is in reference to a phone call and we want to be exact or very close to recording the time of the call What I DON T want is for someone to run a script that resets the time or manipulates it that s what I m looking to test Though if I can prove it can be reset we will rewrite this module Please help me with any sample scripts I could run maybe a bat loop file that repeatedly resets the time etc I d REALLY appreciate all examples and thank you in advance TestGuy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-write-a-script-to-change-date-and-time-before-starting-a-program-2.1018709/
Relevancy 68.37%

Was looking at some forums last week and noticed on one of them that the user's date/time was showing a different color from the default white. His showed a yellow/gold color in the system tray. Just curious if there is a way to change the default white to another color in Win7?

A:Date/Time Question

I'm not an expert but I've heard other people recommend Style Builder. It's not free.

Ave's Windows7 Style Builder

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/217578-date-time-question.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys,
I'm a total newb to scripting, so I wanted to know if it is possible to write a .bat file that does the following:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Change system time to 3 o'clock
Change system date to 11 March 2011
Run program at J:\Softwares\Folder Z\Z.exe
__________________________________________________________________________________________
So, can you please help?
Thanks in advance,
Rajas

A:Solved: How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-write-a-script-to-change-date-and-time-before-starting-a-program.985824/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a system file missing and I can't change my time and date. I'm stuck on May01.2002 and therefore the virus scanner won't update anymore. I cannot change anything anymore, I get an eror message saying: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. The computer is noticably slower and SuperAntiSpyware found a Trojan.Bronto. AVG found Html Framer with the May01.2002 date and I'm sure there is more, since I cannot update the virus scanner.

A:Trojan.Bronto, can't change date & time (May01.2002) due to restrictions ???Help plz!

Here is my hijack this log file:

ogfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:40:35 AM, on 5/1/2002
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\asuskbservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALIANT~1\HIGH-S~1\app\pppoeservice.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

http://www.ctv.ca/
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINNT\system32\proper.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} -

c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D27987B8-7244-4DE0-AE10-39B826B492F1} -

C:\WINNT\system32\bronto.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program

files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\WINNT\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program

Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe"

-atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program

Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msrr.exe"

/background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program

Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,

DisableRegedit=1
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,

DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search -

http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZJxdm172YYCA
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} -

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console -

{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program

Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'rsvp322.dll' missing
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} -

http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei/ZwinkyInitialSetup

1.0.0.15-3.cab
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) -

http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) -

http://gfx1.mail.live.com/mail/w1/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class)

- http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab56986.cab
O16 - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-bronto-cant-change-date-time-may01-2002-due-to-restrictions-help-plz.684762/
Relevancy 68.37%

I wrote a bat file, to change a file name, test.txt to testMonthDayYearTime.txt

here is what i wrote:
ren c:\example\test.txt test%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%%time:~6,2%%.txt?

But after running, the file name is test12182010 093012.txt, a space is between date and time. I don;t want the space. Anyone know what's wrong.

A:Batch file , change filename with system date and time infor

i used the same routine to set an environmental variable with your routine and it
worked fine.

set xx= test%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%%time:~6,2%%.txt

xx= test12192010150311.txt

something tells me that your time display settings could be different than mine.

I love batch files.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132018-batch-file-change-filename-system-date-time-infor.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am using Excel for a small mfg scheduling process I have a date amp time in the same cell and can add or subtract no problem The problem is our process Question Time Calculations & Date shuts down from about PM until around PM during the Date & Time Calculations Question week I d like to have my spreadsheet take the widget being made and not complete at PM and add the estimated production time to stop at PM and restart at PM In other words a job is scheduled to take hours We start the job at PM At PM we re hours into the job and I d like to take the hours left over and add to when we start back up at PM and the worksheet showing the job is scheduled to end at AM on the next day Then to make it more challenging how would we do the same thing over a weekend I hope someone out there is smart enough to know how to make this quot voodoo quot happen Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/date-time-calculations-question.1011958/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I'm trying to batch change the time and date of a bunch of folder (and files within each folder) residing on a portable USB harddrive.
I have tried several software to do this, they all worked ok for the files, but even though they all claim to be able to change the time/date of folders, they all fail. The folders are not being used by any other programs and they are not write protected.
What could I be doing wrong?

A:Windows fails to change time/date attributes of folder (files work ok)

can someone please reply?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604083/windows-fails-to-change-timedate-attributes-of-folder-files-work-ok/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone. The company I work for has a Terminal Server - W2K3 and they have multiple people that login to it from different time zones. These users like to set up meetings from Outlook. The problem I'm having is since these people are in different time zones they like to sometimes change the time zone to their zone. This screws up other people that login and send out meetings if they are not in that time zone. The meetings will be sent out according to whatever the time zone is on that computer.

Is there a way to make the date and time a profile specific thing instead of a global thing?

Thanks!

A:Date and Time on Terminal Server Question

I don't think so, if you are easter time then you need to set yourself to eastern

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/date-and-time-on-terminal-server-question.691857/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey this is my first post and since I'm at the end of my rope with this problem I'm System (i Me On Than The Virus 2005 Pasted Date Later File Let To Won't Time) Page Hijackthis Change My This My looking for any help with this I am a student that attends a school that incorporates a shared network drive that all students can access Naturally much pirated software music and other media are shared over this thus making Virus Won't Let Me Change My System Date To Later Than 2005 (i Pasted My Hijackthis File On The Page This Time) it a breeding ground for malware Apparently someone uploaded a copy of Adobe CS and the keygen exe contained a virus worm whatever that infects anything that connects to the drive So many students who didn't even download the files much less even opened a folder contracted the virus on their external drives and thus infected their home computers as is the case with me Long story short as soon as I hooked up my infected drive to my computer Norton alerted me that a virus had been detected and that an attempt to delete it had failed I've scanned my system several times sense and came up with nothing The file that Norton referred me to I deleted manually and still I'm left with a peculiar problem my system clock is now set to today's date in and it won't let me change it to What's even weirder is that it allows me to set the clock to an earlier year just not any year later than So far this is the major issue associated with this virus I've attached my hijackthis file so hopefully somebody can help me out I'd really appreciate it Cheers Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo FastTVSync FastTVSync exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files InterVideo DVD R SchSvr exeC Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WTablet TabUserW exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Pinky Smalls Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId cid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo C... Read more

A:Virus Won't Let Me Change My System Date To Later Than 2005 (i Pasted My Hijackthis File On The Page This Time)

Well, it looks like I solved the problem. Hopefully, this will help out anybody that's gone through the same ordeal.

After virus scan upon virus scan, I was about to give up and wipe my system clean when I decided to look over my HijackThis file once again. I noticed the line:

O23 - Service: 74747C66 - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\3FD790B2.EXE

This line struck me as odd, since it declared the owner as unknown and the .EXE file as a series of characters. I decided to do a little digging and came to find out that the .EXE file had been implemented at around the same time my computer started acting screwy. Not only that, but author was also listed as unknown so my suspicions were proven correct. This was the culprit and it was one tough S.O.B.

Upon further investigating, I also found out that the malware had established itself as a system service (as well as another malware with similar character appearances), meaning that it was executed every time the system started up. In order to delete these guys, I had to boot the computer in Safe Mode and search the registry. Once I found them, they were deleted. Just for grins and giggles, I searched every main folder in the registry several times, each returning results, meaning that the malware had replicated itself into several different folders. Each one was zapped and once I was done, I rebooted the computer in Normal Mode and you know what? System's clean and running like a top. (And it even displays the current year now.)

Total time to pinpoint this thing: roughly 12 hours, but I'm glad that I found the problem and hopefully it won't take so long the next time something like this happens!

Thanks again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129177/virus-wont-let-me-change-my-system-date-to-later-than-2005-i-pasted-my-hijackthis-file-on-the-page-this-time/
Relevancy 66.65%

Have set the correct time zone, set the date and time, and within half an hour, the time jumps ahead significantly. Time then continues jumping periodically, and date as well. Any patch available for this?
Thanks.

A:Date/Time jumps after correct setting of date/time/timezone?

Welcome to the Seven Forums

Perhaps a change of cmos battery is needed. What is happening is a sign of the battery having packed up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223227-date-time-jumps-after-correct-setting-date-time-timezone.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have pasted data in to Excel that is in two columns
Col A contains a list of dates, dd/mm/yy; col B times hh/mm/yy. How do I set about calculating and displaying the period in dd/hh/mm/ss that elapsed between col A row B with col B row B, and col A row C with col B row C ?

A:Excel 2007: a question about date and time manipulation

Post a picture of a sample worksheet containing sample data so I can fully understand what you need to do.

I will replicate the picture you post and can probably figure it out.

As I understand it, column A contains only something like 13/6/2007 (June 13, 2007). Column B contains hours I guess, but I need a sample to actually look at and ponder.

You want to calculate the total time elapsed between some time on June 13, 2007 in column A and some later time as shown in column B??

Column A contains no reference to hours? Hours are found only in column B?

More info please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/151329-excel-2007-question-about-date-time-manipulation.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all This datatype question Access Date/Time 2002 is probably a serious newbie question but I found myself banging my head against Access 2002 Date/Time datatype question the wall last night and still couldn t figure it out It concerns the Date Time datatype Access 2002 Date/Time datatype question I ve been developing a media database and I ve included a field of this datatype to hold the Year that my books are published However all I want is the year I don t want the day or the month But this datatype requires that I punch in the day and month as well I don t want to do that I just want to punch in the year How do I alter what s required in the field FYI I did figure out how to make it display only the year using Format but I still have to put in the day and month Many thanks in advance I m sure the answer is right in front of my face and I m just not seeing it nbsp

A:Access 2002 Date/Time datatype question

It seems straight forward...just make a 4 digit field for year forget about the date/time data type, just use "Number or text type".

if you stick with the Date/Time datatype you can use the "Year" function in an expression to extract the year from the date field.

eg. YEAR([YourDateField])

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2002-date-time-datatype-question.182575/
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer has been showing the wrong date for the past week. Every time I tried to change the date (from 2005 to 2008), it will switch back to wrong date automatically right after i hit "apply". I've also tried to synchronize it with the internet time. No effect. Still the wrong year. I've installed the latest AVG updates and ran motiple scans in normal and safe mode. No effect. Please help!

A:Cannot fix computer date and time

Try setting the date in BIOS . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-fix-computer-date-and-time-217906.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi there i was just wondering if you can help basically what happened is ma pc had so mcuh viruses and became very slow so one of my friend he came and installed window xp Computer & Date Time professol all over again but he didnt do quick format he did full format after that i was just having problem with my time amp the date of the pc everytime i start the pc the following message comes up quot Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A copyright - phoenix technologies ltd copyright - dell computer corporation all right reserveddell system dimension i seriesBIOS Version A invalid configuration information-please run SETUP program performing automatic IDE Computer Time & Date configurationPrimary master Disk DriveSecondary master CD-ROM Devicetime-of-date not set please run SETUP programstrike F Computer Time & Date to continue F to run SETUP utality quot when my friend tried to install the drivers from the cd that came with ma pc it wasnt working because there was some problem with my cd drive so he bought his one to my house and connected it and installed all the drivers from the cd Then he puted back my cd drive again back to normall but my main question is how can i fix the time n date everysingle time time i start the pc the time automatically changes but ma pc is not very old its window xp and i have been using it for - year anyway i think you got enought information to tell me what is wrong with my pc im hoping for a reply as quick as possible thanks Mod Edit Moved to more appropriate Forum boopme

A:Computer Time & Date

Welcome to BCYou have to reset the date and time in your BIOS. When your first boot your computer stat tapping the Delete key (or maybe F2 on a Dell) This will take you to the BIOS where you can make the changesBIOS survival guideMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115063/computer-time-date/
Relevancy 62.78%

When I go to Adjust Date/Time, in the Date and Time Properties there are two drop down menus above the calendar - one for the month and one for the year. The one for the year is OK but the one for the month is showing the number 7 and not the names of the month. If I click on the drop down menu, the number 7 is repeated and I cant adjust the date.

Any ideas please.

A:Unable to change date on computer

Well...why are you manually trying to change the date?

The date reflected on your Windows console...is actually taken from your BIOS clock. If your BIOS clock/date data is incorrect, it will cause problems within Windows.

I suggest that you enter the BIOS and check.

If the date/time are incorrect, it could indicate that your CMOS battery needs replacing.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464353/unable-to-change-date-on-computer/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I have been having problems with my computer lately. the date and time has been changing; for example if I change the date and time to the date and time it is supposed to be then when I turn off my computer for the night and in the morning turn my computer back on the date and time will be incorrect. This has never happened before. I heard of the problem being a battery on the motherboard but i don't want to ruin my computer by doing something wrong. please give me step by step help on how to fix this.

Further info: motherboard is a asus MSN-E Sli

Relevancy 62.78%

Every time i turn on my computer, Date and time changes automatically. once i update the time manually or via the internet also, it changes the next time i turn it on. I also very frequently get a security alert, "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed". Please help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!....

Relevancy 62.35%

I recently installed Vista Home basic on my computer over Window XP CHecked at the MS website and it said my computer could do the upgrade I've noticed now everytime I log onto my computer the time and date are changed and set back to a earlier time usually around an the time on and changed everytime log computer my date to I get Time on my computer is changed as well While I have no other problem with other software I notice my firewall gets unchecked and doesn't boot up properly either now so I have to recheck it for protection I have online armor I reied various removal methods and even did a download of unhackme to scan for potential problems but to no avail I also I have advanced care downloaded on y computer which did a security scan similar to hijack this Here is the log My thinking is if the time and date are tampered with then my security updates and other protection cannot update properly Here is a copy of the log that I saved in my documents Logfile of Advanced SystemCare Security AnalyzerScan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows System smss exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system winlogon exeC Windows system services exeC Windows system lsass exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system Time and date on my computer get changed everytime I log on to my computer svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oasrv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oacat exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files ThreatFire TFService exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oaui exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Windows SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Users Kay AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oahlp exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exeC Windows system wuauclt exeO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft S... Read more

A:Time and date on my computer get changed everytime I log on to my computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225799/time-and-date-on-my-computer-get-changed-everytime-i-log-on-to-my-computer/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi- I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place!!

I'm not all that clued up on computers so who knows how well I'll be able to understand computer jargon...so I'll ask you to bear with me!

My computer is a Windows XP- all I know is that for ages now everytime I switch it off and then turn it back on again the time/date is reset (usually to Jan 2004 at 00:00!). If I shut the computer down and don't turn off the switch- when I open it up again the time is correct (whatever I've changed it to).

I always just change the time/date to the correct reading and then get on with my work but it's very annoying and I'm wondering if anyone would know why it's doing this and how I can stop it?

A:Problem with time/date on starting computer...

Sounds to me like you need to replace your Bios Battery.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-time-date-on-starting-computer-381936.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys. With my desktop pc, everytime I turn it on the date and time is always not what it should be. A few moments ago the date was I think 25th of November 2006 and the time was way off what it is now. The date actually usually does reset to 2006 but haven't noticed if it's the same day/month in 06.
What could be the cause of this and how could I fix this?
Thanks

A:Computer date and time changes everytime I turn it on

Welcome

The first thing to check when the time is not shown properly is the battery and check BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/72150-computer-date-time-changes-everytime-i-turn.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Can someone please help me solve this problem I ve been using ASUSP P E-Deluxe for over years without any problem But now there s a message that frequently shows up like this quot CMOS not setup CMOS date and time not set press F to enter CMOS SETUP F load defaults amp continue quot When i check the date and time in the BIOS - it gets reset back to This only happens when i leave my computer off for a specific amount of time i e if i turn it off overnight and turn it back on in the morning When i press F - load default values correct the date and time and reboot the pc - it s fine But when i turn it off again overnight and turn it back on in the morning - it makes a strange beeping noise and comes up with the motherboard bios screen saying CMOS ERROR - date time issue Specs OS Windows xp pro CPU p ghz M b ASUS P P -E Deluxe nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Since installing Windows 7, my computer clock and date randomly switch back to an incorrect time and date. What is causing this and what is the solution. It for one thing causes me to be unable to find sent emails, etc, unless I know the date that was on the comp at the time of sending the message.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3574 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305143 MB, Free - 199251 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U990C, , .1FJYZF1.CN701668360GIY.
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-changing-computer-date-and-time.996245/
Relevancy 61.92%

I use Windows 8.1. If I set the date to 2099 12 31 and time to 11 59 58 am. After one seconds os windows 8 freezes and I have to turn off the computer and again turn on.
I spend my 100 $ and I am not able to use my computer after setting to 2099-12-31 11-59-59 am without reseting.
Please help me. Thanks

A:Why does my computer freeze, if I set the date to 2099 12 31 and time to 11 59 58 am?

What did you expect to happen? In case you weren't aware, programs are on a clock and most apps are time sensitive. Modify the clock and apps that use it as part of its security algorithm don't function. But what did you expect to happen?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/363769-why-does-my-computer-freeze-if-i-set-date-2099-12-31-time-11-59-58-am.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Recently I notice my computer clock not working while I m using the working is computer's properly My not time/date computer the time is working But when I shut down my comp and start it up later it shows me the same time that My computer's time/date is not working properly I last used the computer My computer's time/date is not working properly My window is XP and I have all the latest updates This is my hijackthis log please help me fix this problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE My computer's time/date is not working properly C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings ngocnguyen Local Settings Temp wz HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www yahoo com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Popup Manager - E C - A - C - DA-A A FD - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run DXDllRegExe dxdllreg exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKCU Run BackupNotify C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin backupnotify exe O - HKCU Run AWMON quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe quot O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Conso... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I am having with my computer The problem I am having is that whenever I log onto my computer I can see that the date and time at the bottom right of the screen always seems to reset to I always try to fix this by going to the option where you can synchronise the date and time with the resetting date keeps Computer and itself also and turning off time Windows server time however this doesn t always seem to work Another problem I am encountering is that the computer itself seems to be cutting out at different times for example I could be complete into a full system scan with Kaspersky but the computer suddenly cuts out this would also be the case when browsing the internet or completing some Word documents One other thing to mention as well is that since these problems have occurred whenever I turn on my computer I never have to press the power button on as it seems to turn itself on whenever I switch the power supply on This is also not normal If anyone can direct me to the solution to the problem then this would Computer keeps turning itself off and also resetting date and time be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Well its January 2008 and today when i turned on my computer i saw that my date and time were wrong..plus when i was starting up my computer a message said something like i need to set date and time. I tried to double click the clock at the bottom right side of the computer screen but it does not respond. The time and date window will not pop up so i can reset it. I tried the control panel clicked on dates, times, language, and regional options then i clicked change the date and time but when i click that option nothing appeared. I even click the change the format ... but i can't change the time. So that's my question. I am using AVG free edition but it is in error state and it will not allowed me to update because my computer date is not correct.
Help

A:Computer system date and time are incorrect

Your CMOS (BIOS) battery may need replacing. It's probably a CR2032 lithium button cell, shiny chrome-coloured and 0.75 of an inch in diameter.
The following assumes that you have a desktop PC, not a laptop.
In any case, check your manuals.
To replace the battery you need to open the PC case and identify the battery. Make sure that the electrical power is switched off. Before touching anything else in the PC, touch a metal part of the case so that you cannot damage any components with the electrostatic charge in your body.
Note which way up the battery is in its holder and check that it's properly seated. The holders are usually flimsy affairs so take care when you remove the battery or put it or a replacement back (right way up!).
If you have a voltmeter you can check the current battery. If it's a CR2032 it should read 3 volts.
Taking the battery out for more than a couple of minutes or so will reset your BIOS to default values so you may have to tweak certain BIOS settings after replacing the battery. This is no big deal and your motherboard manual will give you complete guidance.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-system-date-and-time-are-incorrect.667071/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a 9 year old desktop computer whose motherboard was replaced about 4 years ago with an AMD NF4XK8MC or NF4K8MC motherboard. It has a 64 bit 3000 processor. It is running at 1.81GHz and has 1.25 GB of RAM.

The system is running on Windows XP including service pack 2. It is fitted with a 80 GB hard drive formatted to NTFS.

Everything is running OK except that every time I switch on the computer and it boots up, it seems to forget the date and time. I go onto the control panel and reset the date and time and it managers to remember the date and time until I switch off the computer and reboot it. It is only a minor problem but is annoying tthat I have to keep resetting it.

Can you offer any suggestions?

Regards
John

Relevancy 61.06%

When I turned on the computer today I noticed that the date and time had changed. It was October 29, 2035! I do not remember changing the date and time. I set it to the correct time and scanned the computer for malware. I did not find any. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a malicious virus that does this sort of thing. I guess if I turn on the computer the next time and the date and time are incorrect, I may have a CMOS problem and need to replace the battery. The motherboard is a couple years old now.

A:Date and time changed on Windows Vista computer

If it has a coin sized battery (usually CR2032) it is best try that first as they are inexpensive and easy to replace.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/date-and-time-changed-on-windows-vista-computer/13872.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I have a JVC Everio GZ-HD10U camcorder that I am recording videos to MicroSD card. Upon transfering the video on my computer via sd card, I am unable to make the date/time stamp show up on the video. I have attempted using Windows Live Movie Make and Pinnacle software (Avid Studio) and have had no luck.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 4gb of memory. Has anybody figured out how to get the date/time stamp to show up on the computer?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello. For the last few months almost every time I turn on my computer it will double beep(instead of one beep) and once I get to my desktop the date will go back to January 1st, 2011. If this is not the right spot to put this then please move it.

A:Computer double beeping and changing date and time.

This is usually caused by a flat CMOS battery. This battery is used as a back up battery for keeping time & date etc. when the computer is shut down.
Firstly enter the BIOS & make a note of all the settings as they are now.
Turn off & disconnect the main power lead & then remove one of the panels you should be able to see this battery. In most cases it is 3 volt 2032 lithium battery.
Remove it carefully & leave it out for at least a minute & then fit the new battery. Replace the side panel, reconnect the power lead & power up, then enter the BIOS & reset the time & date & make sure all the settings are the same as they were before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345191-computer-double-beeping-changing-date-time.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Greetings and thanks in advance for your help Awhile back I formatted my Windows PCs to show ddd dd-mmm-yyyy on my taskbar clock This worked happily on my desktop and laptop for months maybe even a year Now probably starting in the past couple days if not today on one of those two PC's this format will no longer display It is Okay on the other PC What has changed that the taskbar clock space to Time Taskbar fit format date area expanding Date desired / quit used to expand to fit the quot short date quot format but now it will no longer expand - and instead Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format just refuses to display the date at all NOTE Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format I've verified the issue by testing shorter formats -- short formats like quot ddd quot show up correctly Only if you request a longer format will the date not display - evidently because it is too long for the clock area Additional Notes that may help quot Working quot pc is running build PC with too small a clock space that won't expand -- Build Other differences Notification Action center Icon is left of clock on the working PC - Right of clock on the non-working Right- Clicking on task bar gives quot properties quot option on working PC -- But quot Settings quot option on the non-working I don't want to prejudice responses - but clearly the implication to me is that some recent OS update is most likely the culprit Thank You

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/66473-taskbar-time-date-area-quit-expanding-fit-desired-date-format.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm working on a spreadsheet that lists monthly recurring expenses. I have one cell on the sheet listing the current date (using the "=Now()" formula), but I'd like to have the other cells change at certain times throughout the month.

For example, if one cell currently says "April-15", when the actual date reads "April-16", the respective cell would change to "June-15". This way, whenever the spreadsheet is viewed the next recurring payment date will be seen.

I know this is the wrong tool for something like this - I'm using SharePoint at the office with a calendar list with workflows that shoot off emails in a much better put together format - but this is just for home use and I'd like to keep it all in one document if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Excel 2010: Cell Date Change with Current Date

The way I read it was that you have fixed recurring payment dates, so you just want to know the next date based on the day today. Hope the attached might assist.
You need to list the payment dates somewhere and then the formula looks up the next date. You might want to look up today plus 1 (or something) to reflect the fact that if the next payment date is today, there's a good chance you'll not get any unplanned payments on that run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-cell-date-change-with-current-date.1124125/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all,

Recently my laptop is giving me issues, it took a long time to do anything at all. Some times it states that window explorer stops responding. I tried going into safe mode and use the sfc /scannow feature but it auto dismisses after 7% verification. I am not sure what's the cause of all this issue but it started since Monday. I tried to do a system restore as well but it didn't work.

Also the funny thing is, the windows antivirus and windows defender all got disabled when I logged in. I hope someone here could assist with my issue before I decided to do a clean reboot. Thank you.

A:Computer takes a long time to load, constantly not responding.

Quote:
Also the funny thing is, the windows antivirus and windows defender all got disabled when I logged in.

When you say "windows antivirus" got disabled, what exactly are you referring to? Is this an installed antivirus or something else? Malware is known to disable antivirus programs.

You could try downloading, installing, and running full scans with these free products: Malwarebytes, ESET Online Scanner, SuperAntispyware, Comodo Cleaning Essentials, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/354939-computer-takes-long-time-load-constantly-not-responding.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Date/Time field that I need converted to just a Time field.

It comes back with 2/11/12 0:00:00

I need just the 2/11/12

I thought about changing it to a text field but I think there will be an issue with the month because it does not bring back a 0 in from the months with only 1 digit.

This table that I am creating is being sent to a txt file and that is where I see the issue. It looks good in Access, but not the txt file.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I have spreadsheet with a number of dates and times ie (11/19/07 8:57 AM) in column A and data going along with each of these dates and times from columns B-CK. I am trying to limit the list to show the information that is for all times after 2:45PM. The problem is I cannot sort by time and the dates attached to all the times span from 2004-2007. Please help!

Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking to set up a macro or formula that basically inserts the current time when a cell is filled SO:

when a2:a100 is populated with any thing then the corresponding C cell will be populated with the time.

AND

when e2:e1000 is populated wiith anything then the corresponding D Cell will be populated.

Currently I am using this macro.
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A6:A100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target(1, 4)
.Value = Time
.EntireColumn.AutoFit
End With
End If
End Sub

which works great for the A and C cells

but it does not work for the other one.. how do i add and modify this so all my needs are met.
I need another 2 sets of 2 macros accross the sheet for time entry.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a field in my spreadsheet that is Date()
I want to modify that to be date()+1, convert to pdf
Then change the date back to date() & save

I have already written VBA Code to do it all EXCEPT I don't know how to use VBA to change the date() to be date()+1 run my macro then change the code back to date()

Can a more avid VBA user help?

A:Solved: VBA to change Date - Save - Then Change Date Back - Save

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vba-to-change-date-save-then-change-date-back-save.1022982/
Relevancy 58.05%

middot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp computer computer computer and verify your the there identity because difference Desktop of a cannot the between remote or Remote is time remote date the nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the remote computer because there is a time or date difference between your computer and the remote computer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I haI have been accessing one of my windows remotely using RDC For some reasons nbsp I can rsquo t access it any more with this message nbsp quot Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the remote computer because there is a time or date difference between your computer and the remote computer Make sure your computer's clock is set to the correct time and then try connecting again If the problem occurs again contact your network administrator or the owner of the remote computer quot I have tried to access this windows from Vista and windows workstation but all get the same error nbsp I have checked the date and time are the same on all computers What could be the problem nbsp Bob Lin MVP MCSE CNE Networking Internet Routing VPN Troubleshooting on http www ChicagoTech net How to Setup Windows Network VPN amp Remote Access on http www howtonetworking com

A:Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the remote computer because there is a time or date difference between your computer and the remote computer

Ours was a DNS issue.  Someone put an entry in the wrong firewall.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1f64836-5606-49b0-82eb-56be7f696520/remote-desktop-cannot-verify-the-identity-of-the-remote-computer-because-there-is-a-time-or-date?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

So I have this excel spreadsheet and an example of it basically looks like this:

Project Phase Person Capacity Start Date End Date
A Design 1 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 1 25% 3/17 5/11
A Design 2 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 2 25% 3/17 5/11

I'm looking to track a monthly outlook of capacity % over time for each person (in a pivot table), but I'm unable to get it exactly the way it should be. Essentially I would like it to look like this below:

Dates
Person Jan Feb Mar Apr May
1 25% 25% 25% 25% 25%
2 25% 25% 25%

(Sorry, the text keeps left aligning so person 2 should actually have 25% under Mar, Apr, and May.)

Is this even possible, either in a pivot table, or even using formulas?

Relevancy 56.76%

So I have this excel spreadsheet and an example of it basically looks like this:
Project Phase Person Capacity Start Date End Date
A Design 1 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 1 25% 3/17 5/11
A Design 2 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 2 25% 3/17 5/11

I'm looking to track a monthly outlook of capacity % over time for each person (in a pivot table), but I'm unable to get it exactly the way it should be. Essentially I would like it to look like this below:

Dates
Person Jan Feb Mar Apr May
1 25% 25% 25% 25% 25%
2 25% 25% 25%

Is this even possible, either in a pivot table, or even using formulas?

A:Excel 2007 - Start Date and End Date question

You should have posted that in "Business Applications" here: http://forums.techguy.org/16-business-applications/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-start-date-and-end-date-question.1041514/
Relevancy 56.76%

Automatic date and time was incorrectly displayed so we changed it manually to correct date and time and power cycled the device off and on and the date and time again is incorrect.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438380-changed-date-time-correct-time-power-cycle-now-showing-incorrect-again-how-fix.html
Relevancy 56.76%

If I am in the wrong forum please let me know About a month after I started using it the Say the Time clock program I bought stopped launching the management menu when I right click the date time field in the task tray notification area Therefore I can't use or edit the program Neither the touchpad nor the cordless mouse works Other than this problem my computer works great Every single item that's meant to be right clicked works for me Is there a way I can generate a log to show the software manufacturer Provenio that it's their problem and not mine I am a novice user but I can follow instructions However I don't want to put my computer at risk if I make an entry error Or is it obvious that it's a software problem I've been using computers for years and I've never had this problem until I bought Doesn't Field Date/Time Task Menu Time in the Tray Say Launch this software and used it for about a month I just wanted a conclusive way of putting Say the Time Date/Time Field in Task Tray Doesn't Launch Menu the ball back in the manufacturer's court Thanks for any suggestions Regards

A:Say the Time Date/Time Field in Task Tray Doesn't Launch Menu

You can use VEW by Vino Rosso http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your desktop

Double click it to start it Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the file and select Run as administrator and click Continue or Allow at the User Account Control Prompt.

Click the check boxes next to Application and System located under Select log to query on the upper left

Under Select type to list on the right click the boxes next to Error and Warning Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 also click the box next to Critical (not XP).

Under Number or date of events select Number of events and type 20 in the box next to 1 to 20 and click Run
Once it finishes it will display a log file in notepad

Please copy and paste its entire contents into your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/159579-say-time-date-time-field-task-tray-doesnt-launch-menu.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Here is my problem my date changes back to 8/8/2003 every hour of the day. Not the clock, only the date changes. Here is the tricky part when i go to reset the date in the BIOS, the BIOS doesn't allow the date to be set back further than 2007. Battery and BIOS test green so i don't know why only the date sets itself back to 8/8/2003 and only 8/8/2003 everyday. I am running Windows 7 build 7100. Any help greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/date-constantly-changes.832082/
Relevancy 56.76%

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

I open Event Viewer - "Admin View" to see what Errors/Warnings are there and in the column - Date and Time only the date is showing. Same goes for all the other views.
The "Time" element seems to have completely disappeared.

Any idea where its gone........... and more importantly, how to get it back?

Thanks

A:Time stamp missing from Date and Time column - Event Viewer

Problem solved - but - I don't know why.

Solution:- I changed the Date/Time format from UK to US, opened Event Viewer and it was as it should be. Date & Time showing.
I then changed format back to UK, opened Event Viewer and , as above, the Time was back up.

If anybody knows what had happened I would be most interested.

My thanks to Bill............. from another site for helping me out with this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/207941-time-stamp-missing-date-time-column-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Help please Can someone tell me MB battery? Computer change/ time how to check the condition of my motherboard battery in Windows I had to recover my computer from a bad IE Computer time change/ MB battery? Explorer incident Everything is cleaned up according to Computer time change/ MB battery? Ad AwareSe Spybot CWShredder and Hijaack This and is being constantly checked These utilities and my virus software and firewall software Computer time change/ MB battery? are up to date After a couple of days time on my computer shifts back four to six hours and it can shift back a number of days if I do not use my computer for a few days Sounds to me as if the MB battery could be going bad but I am paranoid about whether a hijacker could be changing the time I do not leave my computer on unless I am using it and I turn my broadband connection on only when I use it I googled quot time change related problems quot and found nothing That s why I am questioning the MB battery It is only a couple of years old Any thoughts Anyone know of battery testing software Thanx in advance Budreau nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I am running XP Home SP3 on an Asus 1005HA netbook

Every time I boot up I get a message to say that either I can press F1 to enter setup to set date/time or press F2 to load default values

If I choose F1 and enter the correct date/time and press F10 to save and exit - XP then starts up normally but the next time I boot up, the same problem occurs.

[If I select F2, then XP loads normally]

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for any help in advance

A:Solved: CMOS Set date/time message every time I boot up

Your motherboard battery is dead. You can get a new one at any drug store for about $5.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cmos-set-date-time-message-every-time-i-boot-up.1006063/
Relevancy 56.33%

Looking for a utility that will allow me to locate files created/modified/accessed using TIME from/to also...as i want to locate those related to a specific occurance. When using just date, I get hundreds of files so would like to isolate further.

Is anyone aware of any such program? Shareware might be ok depending on cost but free is preferred. THANKS!

A:Solved: Freeware to find files by date and TIME? Time is the key!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freeware-to-find-files-by-date-and-time-time-is-the-key.353993/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,I need to calculate the difference in working days / hours between 2 date / time stamps.Some simple example data which spans a weekend.01/07/2016 18:0004/07/2016 09:30(Working hours are 08:30-17:00 Monday - Friday)In this example the first date / time stamp is when an email was recieved (out of hours) and the second is when the email was replied to (1 hour into workiing hours) So the formula should return 00:01:00:00 (dd:hh:mm:ss)Thank you for your help!!

A:Calculating working time between 2 date/time stamps in Excel

It's a rather lengthy formula and needs explanation, so see here:http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateT...If you have further questions, please ask.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/calculating-working-time-between-2-datetime-stamps-in-excel/20433.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a 4 year old computer that runs perfectly, except when I turn it off at night and then back on the next day, I loose a few hours on the time date at bottom of screen. I ajust each time I use it but the same thing happens each time I turn it off. Could it be the clock battery or ? My operating system is Windows XP Home
Thanks Lc

A:Windows XP time/date clock looses time after shut down.

Welcome to TSG...A bad CMOS battery will cause your machine to lose time. If the system is four years old, you're eligible for that issue...also, if the system has spent any lengthy amount of time (weeks or more) unplugged from AC power, it's more likely to happen.

Next reboot (after leaving it overnight), enter BIOS (setup) and see if the time there is slipping as well.

The battery itself (if that's what's bad) is cheap to replace...less than five bucks.

Please give us some specs on the hardware-make, model, etc.-and we can help you with battery replacement instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-time-date-clock-looses-time-after-shut-down.619154/
Relevancy 56.33%

How color of cell automatically change with change of date. Say I have bunch of numbers, and each number has certain date of occurrence/arival, and if date exceed say <= 10 days, than color would be orange, if date is passed 20 days color would be green and if it passed more than 30 days color would deep Red. And this color will be change automatically with change of date? How do I do this in excel? message edited by SantanuBiswas

A:How color of cells change automatically with change of date.

See this How-Tohttp://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...And, Excel questions are best asked in the Office Software forum.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/message edited by mmcconaghy

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-color-of-cells-change-automatically-with-change-of-date/20531.html
Relevancy 56.33%

How color of cell automatically change with change of date. Say I have bunch of numbers, and each number has certain date of occurrence/arival, and if date exceed say <= 10 days, than color would be orange, if date is passed 20 days color would be green and if it passed more than 30 days color would deep Red. And this color will be change automatically with change of date? How do I do this in excel? message edited by SantanuBiswas

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-color-of-cells-change-automatically-with-change-of-date/19608.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This is really annoying. It all started when I tried to install a non compatible vista sound program, and then i uninstalled it soon after realizing that it wouldnt work with vista. Now, everytime I try to change the volume slider, my taskbar freezes and my mouse can't click anything. This is the same when i try to change the volume using the dell quickset keys. Could this be a virus, since I think there was something fishy with another program I used? Should I post a HJT log?

A:Help, computer freezes each time i try to change the volume

Your non compatible Vista sound program is still there. You will have to get rid of it. Try using a Vista compatiable registry cleaner. What is best registry cleaner for Vista I have not been able to determine yet. You might have to do it my hand. This is very difficult. It's had in XP but made even more difficult in Vista. Not to mention you might end up reinstalling or...wait a minute. Vista has absolutely a wonderful System Restore. Use that!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-computer-freezes-each-time-i-try-to-change-the-volume-159121.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I tried to install some non vista compatible sound thing software. And when i realized this, I soon uninstalled everything. However, now, whenever I try to change the volume, it just crashes, the taskbar freezes, and I can't click anything. I tried installing all the drivers, but still no luck. Could this be a virus? I did accidently double click on a fishy app. I think I'll post a HJT log in the other just in case.

A:Computer freezes each time I try to change volume

PLEASE IGNORE THIS TOPIC. i fixed it by doing a simple system restore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-each-time-i-try-to-change-volume.578154/
Relevancy 54.61%

The clock on my computer is approximately 15 minutes slow. If I manually change it, or force an online update, it briefly shows the correct time before reverting back to the incorrect time.

A:Cannot change or correct computer time (Windows 7). Not timezone issue

Have you tried changing it in the BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305693-cannot-change-correct-computer-time-windows-7-not-timezone-issue.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When I use the command w32tm /resync, I get the error "The computer did not resync because no time date was available." How can I fix this?

A:"The computer did not resync because no time date was available"

Hi,

Please see this article: Error message when you run the "w32tm /resync" command to synchronize Windows Server 2003 or Windows SBS to an external time source: "The computer did not resync because no time data was available"

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301470-computer-did-not-resync-because-no-time-date-available.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My calendar in Windows 10 is constantly alerting me that its settings are out of date for 2 accounts. It requests I submit the password to update, which I do, but it never updates and routinely bleeps to tell me I need to update them. This makes the calendar absolutely useless to me (doesn't sync with anything) and is also very annoying.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this please???

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439733-calendar-account-settings-constantly-alerting-they-out-date.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I travel to Colorado from Texas frequently. The last three times I have made the trip, at some point when I change times zones, my 640XL displays a time that is 15 minutes faster than actual time. When this happens, it also will not automatically check emails so that I have to do it manually. The only solution I have found so far is to completely reset the phone and start over as if it is a new phone, uploading everything manually. This takes me a day. Anyone else experience this problem? Other solutions would be appreciated!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435030-why-does-time-my-640-xl-advance-forward-15-minutes-when-i-change-time-zones.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
Where can I get information on Editing Software Expire Dates in the
Registry?

Joe

A:Change Date

Most programs now do not set the timeout in the registry. I believe they set them in a dll at install time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-date.53411/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need our help. I am having trouble with my Yahoo page and I thought I might to go back to a date that was before I started having this problem, but I can't remember how you do that. Can anyone help me????? TIA Wrenie

Relevancy 50.74%

hi there!
i have a problem,my date and time change by
it self at least twice a week.i changed my cmos battery
allready twice happens again and again.
can anybody help me with this problem?

thanks matrix!
win xp pro(cpu mgh:133/133)
1700xp

Relevancy 50.74%

I upgraded to win 10 been working ok for a week now I want to change date and it won't open so I can change it. Also the win icon on task bar at bottom where u click to shutdown will not open. Can u tell me what to do to correct theses problems? Also how do u get it to go into safe mode? F8 doesn't do it.
Thanks
Ben

A:Can't change date

Can you right click on the start icon to get the shut down and goto settings time to change the time

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127560-cant-change-date.html
Relevancy 50.74%

More of a BIOS problem I would presume. Newer pc, AMD Athlon XP2000+,
1.66 GHz, 512 MB of RAM But the problem here is that the BIOS date keeps resetting itself to 2002. Not I big deal I don think but makes for a pain in the butt sometimes, like windows update for example.
BIOS Date: 10/09/02
BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 10/09/2002-KT400-8235-6A6LYD49C
OEM Sign-On: None
Chipset: VIA 82C3189 rev 0
Superio: Winbond 697HF rev 6 found at port 2Eh
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1666 Mhz MAX: 1500 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 512 MB
Memory Maximum: 768 MB
Memory Slot 01: 512 MB
Memory Slot 02: 0 MB
Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
Anybody know whats going on

A:date change

Most likely cause is that the CMOS battery is flat and needs replacing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/date-change.232018/
Relevancy 50.74%

Using chrome, the home page of igoogle has a date shown as today's date.
In my case the date is incorrect. I have been unable to find out how to make the change. Would appreciate any help. sjtilden

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/date-change-392943.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The time on my home screen is incorrect.  Instead of going back one hour, it jumped back two hours and I am unable to find a way to change it.   Any one else have this issue? Thanks.

A:The time on my home screen is incorrect after time change la...

Hi, Try running through the guide on the following link. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6410-clock-synchronize-internet-time-server-windows-10-a.html Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/The-time-on-my-home-screen-is-incorrect-after-time-change/td-p/5836315