Windows Support Forum

Notebook DVD player

Q: Notebook DVD player

I upgraded from windows vista to windows on my notebook and it does recognize the DVD player My notebook is a HP Notebook player DVD pavilion Dv nr Specs are as follows Microprocessor Notebook DVD player GHz AMD Turion X Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL- Microprocessor Cache KB KB L cache Memory MB DDR Dimm Memory Max MB Video Graphics Notebook DVD player NVIDIA GeForce Go M UMA Video Memory Up to MB Hard Drive GB RPM SATA Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi X DVD RW with Double Layer Support Display quot WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Notebook DVD player x Fax Modem High speed k modem Network Card Integrated BASE-T Ethernet LAN RJ- connector Wireless Connectivity b g WLAN Sound Altec Lansing Keyboard -key compatible amp Quick Launch Buttons- HP Quick Play Menu and DVD Pointing Device Touch Pad with On Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up Down pad PC Card Slots ExpressCard Slot also supports ExpressCard External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards Universal Serial Bus USB Headphone out microphone-in VGA -pin TV-Out S-video RJ- modem RJ - LAN notebook expansion port IEEE Firewire -pin Consumer IR Dimensions quot L X quot W X quot MIN H quot MAX H Weight lbs Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot Power-on password Accepts rd party security lock devices Power W AC Adapter -Cell Lithium-Ion battery nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Notebook DVD player

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Notebook DVD player

Don't recall for certain, but vaguely recall filter problems can occur when upgrading. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-dvd-player.151357/
Relevancy 48.16%

I upgraded from windows vista to windows on my notebook and it does recognize the DVD player My notebook is a HP pavilion Dv nr Specs are as follows Microprocessor GHz AMD Turion X Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL- Microprocessor Cache KB KB L cache Memory MB DDR Dimm Memory Max MB Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go M UMA DVD Notebook player Video Memory Up to MB Hard Drive GB RPM SATA Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi X DVD RW with Double Layer Support Display quot WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen x Fax Modem High speed k modem Network Card Integrated BASE-T Ethernet LAN RJ- connector Wireless Connectivity b g WLAN Sound Altec Lansing Keyboard -key compatible Notebook DVD player amp Quick Launch Buttons- HP Quick Play Menu and DVD Pointing Device Touch Pad with On Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up Down pad PC Card Slots ExpressCard Slot also supports ExpressCard External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards Universal Serial Bus USB Headphone out Notebook DVD player microphone-in VGA -pin TV-Out Notebook DVD player S-video RJ- modem RJ - LAN notebook expansion port IEEE Firewire -pin Consumer IR Dimensions quot L X quot W X quot MIN H quot MAX H Weight lbs Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot Power-on password Accepts rd party security lock devices I tried deleting the registry entries for UpperFilters and LowerFilters in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE as suggested in Article of MS Support page but the entries mentioned did not exist in my registry Can anyone help me get my DVD player back working nbsp

A:Notebook DVD player

Clarification.

I'm not sure I understand... It "does" or doesn't recognize the DVD player???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-dvd-player.158760/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I have an Acer 10.1 Aspire One notebook PC with Intel Atom Processor N270, 160GB Hard drive, Windows XP, 6 cell battery, 1GB Memory, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.
I have downloaded Windows Media Player but when i play video files on it i only get sound, no picture. These same files play sound and vision on my desktop installed WMP. What am i missing here??

I want to take my notebook with me on a trip to England soon and want to be able to take family video to show.

I also have Quick Time Player on the notebook for the files that require that player and that works fine, sound and vision.
Appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks

A:Windows Media Player on Mini Notebook

Your missing the codec needed to play the videos. The most common video codec missing from WMP are the mp4 and xvid (the free open source version of divx) codecs.

Do you know what codecs the videos use? If not there are a number of programs on the internet to tell you have codecs a video is using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-on-mini-notebook.822219/
Relevancy 46.44%

A friend has a notebook - CD/DVD player [Optical Player] inclusive. Problem is that when she puts in a disk, the unit doesn't 'see' it, and it does not appear as a 'Device with removable storage' under Computer.

I have a feeling that this is a problem with the CD/DVD player driver......

Any other suggestions??

In the meantime, I will get her to install and run Piriform Speccy, here;

Speccy - Update

....to find out what the current status is.

A:Notebook not recognising/finding CD/DVDs in the player

The best way to start is to try and update the driver, from device manager.
Check disk drives
Look for any yellow markers in device manager.

Be sure she tries with several discs to be sure that is not the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288128-notebook-not-recognising-finding-cd-dvds-player.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am a beginner computer user and I recently inserted a bad dvd int my lenovo laptop. The windows media player screen is frozen and I have no control of the notebook user screen. I would appreciate any help as I am dumber that a box of rocks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-user-screen-frozen-at-windows-7-media-player.1106852/
Relevancy 38.27%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 37.84%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 37.84%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 37.41%

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

A:Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html
Relevancy 37.41%

We've got a desktop hooked into a linksys B router, and a notebook that accesses the internet wirelessly thru that router. lately we havent been able to get a decent connection with the notebook, and if we've gotten any at all, it gets dropped soon. is the desktop getting the majority of the bandwidth, which is eliminating the notebook from getting enough? if so, is there anyway to limit the amount that the desktop is getting?

A:Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

What changed from when it was working to now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-desktop-and-notebook-notebook-not-getting-int-connection.398157/
Relevancy 37.41%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 37.41%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 36.98%

After w10 upgrade attempt reverted back to W7 but now find the DVD player is registered in the hardware until a DVD is attempted to play. Tries but does not read DVD and de-registers the DVD in the hardware. Have tried successfully updating/re-installing driver after downloading from Dell site but cannot repair any problem with W7 as cannot use rescue disk in DVD slot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19667997
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

Recently VLC, SM and Real player have been running at 100% whenever I play a video in them. This causes the video to stutter and become virtually unwatchable. I've done a scan with AVG free, aswell as Spybot S&D, Adaware and some Malware detector software. All have come up clean, but the problem remains. I have tried reinstalling the software, but it makes no difference. Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this?

My computer is Windows XP, SP2.

Thanks in advance

A:100% cpu problem with vlc player, sm player, and real player

Check to see if you have hardware accelleration turned down or off in Display Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-cpu-problem-with-vlc-player-sm-player-and-real-player.749776/
Relevancy 31.82%

Windows Media Player sounds somewhat distorted but when I play music in the Zune player, it sounds fine. Why would that be? This would be on a new Dell Inspriron 530 desktop bought in June 08 with Windows XP Pro. Thanks so much.

Relevancy 31.82%

Does anyone know if there's a stable plugin or codec for Windows Media Player 10, to play Real Player files streamed from the web? Thx for any help.

A:Need a stable plugin or codec for Windows Media Player 10 for Real Player web content

Not sure of a plugin for WMP but I use a program called Real Alternative, it plays RMV files faultlessly.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-stable-plugin-or-codec-for-windows-media-player-10-for-real-player-web-content.80890/
Relevancy 31.82%

Ive installed, clean installed and nothing. it still tells me i dont have Flash player active X installed.

And now I cant view SWF files with irfanview.

A:Flash player Active X not found, irfanview SWF player dont work right

Open Internet Explorer and visit this link: Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player uncheck any box that offers you anything you're not looking for before downloading Flash.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/flash-player-active-x-not-found-irfanview-swf-player-dont-work-right-651019.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,

I've been having problems listening to music on windows media player and watching flash videos. The playback is choppy (sometimes gets stuck and generally bounces around) but also my system seems to take an age to start up and is slow.

I've run disk-defragmentor, scandisk, spybot, adaware, AVG etc. But no luck.

This has come about since I've put about 20GB of music onto my laptop (I still have around 47GB of 70GB free). However, when Windows Media Player is not open the system still runs slowly and I have no luck running flash videos.

The only possible solution I can think of is deleting the music but I'm a bit hesitatant to do so because it took me ages to put it on!

Anyway, thanks very much for any help you can give me!

Relevancy 31.82%

I have two pcs on a wireless network connected to a cable modem. One pc (Thinkpad) has no problem playing internet radio stations through wmp. The other one (Dell 4100) has problems with streaming audio. It can connect to the radio station fine (or download the audio file in either format) but then it keeps buffering while it's playing. I've tried just about everything I can find to fix it: editing the registry (MSoft tech note,) changing the network settings, changing the buffer rate but nothing seems to work. There is more than enough bandwidth to handle the flow of data, plus my cable company says it's not them (of course.) Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks.

Relevancy 31.82%

Hi: I was trying to record from a radio station a recording of someone I know who has written a music piece and by mistake I saw urge and downloaded the program. When I realized I did not want this program, I deleted it. There was a message not to do it--that it would block other users from logging onto the computer (Which is a violation of the anti-trust laws) however, I did not listen and deleted the entire program from the program files. Now I cannot get any music from the radio site and it has blocked real player. MSN should be sued again.HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-media-player-urge-blocked-access-to-my-music-files-and-real-player.558180/
Relevancy 31.39%

I wonder if there is a method to force windows7 to recognise my mp3 player as hard drive instead of player.

Why? 2 things.

I find it annoying that I have to click on player then internal storage, when it could go directly to internal storage right away.

2. When I first plugged my player in I saw lots of files inside, after running the Phillips (sync?) setup it hid lot's of files even though I have show hidden files on.

Anyone knows the roundabout?

Thanks

A:Force recognize mp3 player as external hard drive instead of player

well the easiest way to over come your first problem is to change what windows does when its first plugged in. its called default services I think in control panel. and when plugged in you can set it to open in file view as default. no clicking needed.
only reason it does what it does is because when you first plugged it in windows box popped up and asked you what you wanted to do amd you chose to open player not open folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316958-force-recognize-mp3-player-external-hard-drive-instead-player.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I posted on April 22 and received no response then a friend told me a week later to respond to my post and say "bump" and this should get a response. I have received no response. If I am doing it incorrectly please tell me. I am having problems keeping WMP my default player ever since updating I-tunes and Quick time. My post on 4-22-2011 attempts to explain it. Hopefully you can help. Chevelle67

A:Need help making windows media player my permanent default player

Each time you reinstall those applications you need to pay due diligence to the final stages of the installation. When asks you about changing over to Quicktime the file associations select no.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395733/need-help-making-windows-media-player-my-permanent-default-player/
Relevancy 31.39%

I can listen to CD's no problem but when I try to listen to a radio station directly I hit the listen button on the station web page the computer downloads the page so that it appears on the download list. How does this happen and more to the point how can I stop it and get on listening to some radio music?

A:Listening to radio via Real Player or Windows Media Player

Hi,

this description could help you listen-to-internet-radio-using-windows-media-player

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523509/listening-to-radio-via-real-player-or-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello everyone, I have a problem with Quicktime right now. I really would like Media Player to be the default player for .mpg and .wmv, but even though I have Mozilla set in the options screen to open those programs with Media Player, they are still opening in Quicktime! I also went to the plugin settings screen in QT and set it to NOT be the default player for video files (unless they're .mov). After I did this, those video files i told mozilla to open in MP are still being opened in QT! Am I doing something wrong? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

A:How to make Media Player the default player for video, NOT Quicktime

Click start/all programmes/set programme access and defaults. Click the custom button and under choose default media player, check the windows media player button and click ok.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-media-player-the-default-player-for-video-not-quicktime.53765/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have recently been getting a message to update to adobe flashplayer pro to view site and have been also getting a message to update the media player I looked at the versions I am running and they are the latest I was told to do the Adobe while I was navigating to this page just a update and player flash install told pro to media player moment ago When I am at told to install flash player pro and update media player some sites I have also gotten a box that says my media player is infected told to install flash player pro and update media player and needs to clean files While in MSN com home told to install flash player pro and update media player page I have gotten a poor pc performance box that comes up and it is kind of shaking when it appears I don't know if this is an infection or what but am very wary of this type of stuff after fighting with other infections in the past I posted this in another forum and was instructed to possibly try this one Please let me now if you may need more information and I will reply Thank you for your time and efforts Jack Perrin

A:told to install flash player pro and update media player

Hello -Download Security Check by Screen317* Save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.  Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following boxes:•Flush DNS•Report IE Proxy Settings•Reset IE Proxy Settings•Report FF Proxy Settings•Reset FF Proxy Settings•List content of Hosts•List IP configuration•List last 10 Event Viewer log•List Installed Programs•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.•List Minidump FilesClose any Firefox browsers you may have open when running Reset FF Proxy SettingsClick Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).  Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.* Do not reboot until the next scan is completed.*  Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again.* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill.txt log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE : rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.  If you have either or both of these next listed programs, be sure to Update them prior to any scan - Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM)* Double-click MBAM - setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure to Check for Updates to be so it is current* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Scan, then click Quick Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.If you are not sure of any items, post the log and ask if it should be removed.Be sure to reboot the computer after you post the log.  Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free (aka SAS)* Double-click SAS - setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure to Check for Updates to be so it is current* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.(NOTE : if this log only contains Tracking Cookies, do not post it)Be sure to reboot the computer after you post the log.  Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507328/told-to-install-flash-player-pro-and-update-media-player/
Relevancy 31.39%

Our music files are in Real Jukebox. How can we put them into Windows Media Player? We tried drop and drag, but this doesn't change the type.

A:Real Player Files transferred to Windows Media Player

Depending on the file the might not work
unless you talking about converting them

If you can play them on media player

Highlight the File
hold down the shift key
And Right Click

Now use open with
The goto media player
and check the always use box
If you always want to use it to open
this file if it opens this file.

There is another way
In the start menu
Settings
Folder options
file types

more here:
http://www.geocities.com/thegorx/Windows/Help/openwith.htm

TheGorx http://www.geocities.com/thegorx/Windows/index.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-files-transferred-to-windows-media-player.36841/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
I captured an AVI file from my DVD player using my video card. My Real Player and Windows Media Player won't place this DVD clip. Someone said I need codecs.
1. what are they?
2. where to get them?
3. how to use that to convert the file to some other format?
4. what formats do Real Player and Windows Media Player support?
4a. Is there another downloadable DVD player that will play the AVI file as is?
5. I also tried to burn this AVI file using Nero but when I tried to drag the file to the proper place, I encountered problems. What could be the issue here?
6. I have been told in another forum that my CD burner can burn a DVD file on DVD media if the format is proper. What format is needed? Is this another codec issue? (Nero says it needs AVI and that is what my file is).
Thanks

Relevancy 31.39%

I am in big over :( player over be adobe and player Solved: and flash installed again must schockwave problem I will go mad soon the situation is so - Solved: adobe flash player and schockwave player must be installed over and over again :( my girlfriend always watches previews of housewives at abc http abc go com primetime desperate index html and there you need the newest adobe flash player installed and so every time she wishes to watch it I must install adobe flash player again and again and I check if there is something wrong with the web page so I go to test my adobe schockwave player and adobe flash player there and every time I see I really dont have this two on my system so I am doing something very wrong One Solved: adobe flash player and schockwave player must be installed over and over again :( day it works and then the next day I must install again and so on and on http www adobe com shockwave welcome After I uninstall and install again everything is fine It goes on my nerves cause I many times install also yahoo toolbar with it and then I have problems uninstalling this toolbar I must then again install yahoo toolbar and then many times the uninstallation is not ok and then again install yahoo and uninstall soon you will be able to visit me just in mental institution I dont know - is there any setting in explorer that deletes this two I use also regCure registry cleaner maybe I really went mad In short - why is adobe flash and schockwave escaping from my system am I too ugly or I know too little about explorer settings Thanks for your help and time leroyas nbsp

A:Solved: adobe flash player and schockwave player must be installed over and over again :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adobe-flash-player-and-schockwave-player-must-be-installed-over-and-over-again.547366/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi i just had to reinstall windows xp and everything works fine except the Windows media player and Real player i cant play DVD's. I get this message: Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card

Not sure what to do, i put in what i thought were the necessary drivers but maybe i missed something.Any help would be much appreicated.

thanks

A:Windows media player and DVD player wont play gives me this message

Grab this XP Codec Pack 2.4.8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242464/windows-media-player-and-dvd-player-wont-play-gives-me-this-message/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am running Vista and am having a problem with Windows Media Player 11.

When I try to close Media player by clicking on the X on the top right hand corner or selecting exit, I get the following message in a popup box.

Would you like to hide the player instead of closing it? Yes/No

The answer is yes, but it would just have just closed for me in the past. Is there some option somewhere where I can turn this question off?

I have noticed that if Media Player is open but no music has been selected to play and I close the program, Media Player will close correctly without the question being asked.

Anybody have any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-would-you-like-to-hide-the-player-instead-of-clsoing-it.674608/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have tried everything to get Windows Media Player 9 to work in Mini Player mode, but to no avail. I have followed the Help instructions, i.e:

To use the new Mini-Player

1. Right-click an empty area of the Windows taskbar (such as below the system clock), point to Toolbars, and then select Windows Media Player. This step enables the feature and must only be performed once. The Player will dock the mini-Player in your Windows taskbar whenever you minimize it.

2. Minimize the Player to view the Mini-Player.

This does not work. I have Windows XP Pro SP1, and Windows Media Player 9.00.00.3075. Can anyone help ?

A:Windows Media Player Mini Player Mode

This is not an OS question so I am going to move it, which hopefully you will get better responses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-mini-player-mode.215611/
Relevancy 31.39%

The answers given in an earlier post didn't work.

I have turned off EVERY file in WMP. I went into RealPlayer and set it to be my default. I went to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults and set RealPlayer to the default.

None of these things have worked; WMP still tries (and fails, stupid POS) to open every video I want to watch.

Relevancy 31.39%

My computer crashed today. An error stating that my windows files were missing or corrupt. Quick call to PC world who talked me through a system restore.
Only problem now is, I cant get my MP3 player software to work. its a Samsung YP-Z5F. I plug it in via USB, the computer detects it and then pops up a bubble saying an error occured during installation and my hardware may not work properly. And it doesn't! I cant get windows media player or the samsung software to recognise the player is plugged in.
How can I get it back to working fine the way it was before the system restore?
Thanks
Donna

A:Cant Get My Mp3 Player To Work. Media Player Wont Recognise It!

Have it sorted now. Seems i had some archaic version of Windows Media player after the restore. Nothing a reupgrade to version 11 hasn't fixed :-)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87366/cant-get-my-mp3-player-to-work-media-player-wont-recognise-it/
Relevancy 31.39%

can't get any volume in real one player or windows media player. This has happened before but the volume came back. Realone will play an audio cd but no playlists or videos. Windows media player has no volume at all. I have erased them and reinstalled both but no change. [email protected]

A:no volume in realone player or windows media player

RealOnePlayer played havoc with my Volume Control panel. Once I cleaned it out, everything went back to normal.
Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-volume-in-realone-player-or-windows-media-player.108034/
Relevancy 31.39%

Had a lot of trouble after installing Microsoft s DirectX a Could not use DirectDraw Direct D or any media players all would result in a page fault Kernel dll bff c After over days of troubleshooting we isolated the conflict to the Vision which has an option of being or not being installed along with the STB Velocity Virge VX D drivers However BEWARE OF DIRECTX a and especially WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER I shout because ya need to know Windows MEdia Player seems to me to be programmed to seek out any and all other media players ie Real Player and mess them up DirectX Real Player 7 Windows 7.0a, Player, Media big time I have a Kb mpg file It used to play on Real player BEFORE i put Direct X a in Now it plays seconds of the mpg and quits Also a mov although it plays in entirety the sound is ABSOLUTELY RAUCIOUS at all volume settings INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH both the mpg and mov play REALLY WELL in Windows Media Player I did a Add Remove DirectX 7.0a, Windows Media Player, Real Player 7 on Windows Media Player and Real Player started having DirectX 7.0a, Windows Media Player, Real Player 7 colored lines appearing in the video I did a manual uninstall of WMP delete msdxm ocx No improvement in Real Player Deleted Real Player defrag scandisk ed rebooted clean install of RP check out the mpg or mov NO IMPROVEMENT DId a find on anything quot mediaplayer quot or Windows Media Player and deleted Real player No Improvement Went onto Mcafee Clinic and cleaned the hard drive Eliminated registry files related to quot mediaplayer quot quot activex movie quot etc Rebooted tried Real player again Still won t play the entire mpg but the video cleared up real well However accidentally double clicked enduser exe and discovered to my horror that i just started installing Windows Media Player again Real Player immediately started having lines in the video again Tried removing WMP all over again Add remove FIND Delete Mcafee Clinic Clean Hard drive and then went to www real com and tried a few movie trailers The video of Real Player is absolutely horrendous Smeary smudgy looking distorted video I know Real Player works better than that so I suspect it is all due to Windows Media Player and or Direct X a Anyone know what to do now Regards delta doc nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I have just bought on-line, will only transfer music files with Windows Media Player 10.   The instructions for the music player, Samsung YP-Z5, says that you can only transfer files to the player when Windows Media Player 10 is installed on the pc, which you have to instal with the installation CD.  I have Windows Media Player 11 and Media Monkey on my pc, that I use for my other music player and Windows Media Player 12 and Media Monkey on my laptop.  Does that mean that the version 11, I have on my pc will be rolled back to 10 then? isn't that going to mess up my music.  I don't understand why it is an older version of Windows Media Player as I can't use it on my laptop. Can anyone help please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501673/can-i-have-windows-media-player-10-and-11-versions-on-pc-as-the-music-player/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently reformatted my computer, and since the reformat, whenever I try to play a CD in Windows Media Player, I get the following message: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer. It may be in use by another program or it may not be functioning properly."

A:I'm unable to play a CD player in Windows Media Player

You may need to re-install your sound driver.
Look in Device Manager to see if it's missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-unable-to-play-a-cd-player-in-windows-media-player.912173/
Relevancy 31.39%

hi, just as my title says...how do i stop windows media player 10 from detecting my sony mp3 when i connect it to my computer via usb?

thanx

A:How do I stop Windows Media Player detecting my mp3 player

Is the windows media player the default player for mp3 files? If so, deselect it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-stop-windows-media-player-detecting-my-mp3-player.43762/
Relevancy 31.39%

Recently I re-installed XP probably didn't have to but that's another story I finally got my internet connection back and have re-installed my audio files When I tried to start Musicmatch I would be prompted that One with Problems Player Player/Real Media Musicmatch/Win currently there was no music folder After I quot clicked' yes to that the MM music would come up for a second or as would the MM logo then everything just quit and Problems with Musicmatch/Win Media Player/Real One Player nothing I finally uninstalled MM and re-downloaded it Now when I try to start it I get nothing I can run my music on Win Media Player but can't run an entire song without a prompt that Media Player has experienced a problem of course when you click that promt MMP disappears It also won't play MS format music files I also can't get Real One to come up - after about seconds of booting up I get a prompt that it's encountered an error I also can't get Quick Time to come up I get an quot error message - make sure it's installed in your system quot Again everything ran fine before reinstalling WXP from the D drive Is there some common driver or something for all these media programs that I might be missing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-musicmatch-win-media-player-real-one-player-409729.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I'm running Windows XP.

When I'm looking at cd's on Amazon and I try to play a sample of a cd it doesn't work no matter if I choose Media Player or Real Player.
Both tell me they can't play the file.

But they work if I put in a cd in the drive.

Anyone know why they wouldn't play from internet ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-real-player-wont-play-samples.473765/
Relevancy 31.39%

Well i recently had to reinstall XP didn't crash we had other reasons We had visual problems well after reinstalling XP I downloaded Firefox and a other programs Well i was going to Youtube com and it gave me errors saying to downloaded the newest version Windows Player PLayer? Media Problems? Or Flash of Flash Media Player no problem right So i did on firefox well i reboot my computer and try again to play Youtube videos Well this time it Flash Player Problems? Or Windows Media PLayer? works but after seconds the video stops Thinking that youtube was just down i tried different sites none worked All of them stomped at seconds it freezes again Thinking it was flash i tryed some of tried some Flash Games those worked fine Flash Player Problems? Or Windows Media PLayer? Well i tried to uninstall Windows Media Player and reinstall it but of course it will only let me Downgrade so i tryed downgrading from but it still doesnt work Anyone have any ideas If you have any questions or suggestions post them below and i will get reply tommorow with my results Anything helps BTW It doesnt work on ie either but yet once again the Flash Games work

A:Flash Player Problems? Or Windows Media PLayer?

When you reinstalled everything...did you also reinstall your motherboard drivers that come on the cd?

If not, could you post ypur mobo and chipset details here please..

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flash-player-problems-or-windows-media-player-152584.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I would like to upgrade to a newer version of media player but I have not been able to get the other ones to show the playlist like the media player can I go to websites and listen to hour audio files that are listed in many segments worth so many minuets apiece It Player List within Player Media Windows automatically Player List within Windows Media Player shows me all this information and I can select any segment at any counter reading Player List within Windows Media Player But if I upgrade then all of this information is not Player List within Windows Media Player available to me There is no way I can select a particular segment and counter reading with the newer players It looks like this Coast to coast Coast to coast Coast to coast etc The list continues down the right side of the window and I can select any one and see the amount of time per segment as well as pick the counter of that segment Once an upgrade is done You have to listen to the whole thing and you can t choose which segment you want to hear Even if I pick show playlist the above playlist does not appear Do you have any suggestions or hints to this dilema Paul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/player-list-within-windows-media-player.263900/
Relevancy 30.53%

how do i make windows media player my default player?

A:Windows Media Player my default player?

to change the file types the Player plays automatically
On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the File Types tab.

Do the following:
Select the check box for each file type that you want the Player to play automatically when you double-click a file on your computer or in a shared folder on a network (or in the case of CDs or DVDs, when you insert them into your computer).
Clear the check box for each file type that you do not want the Player to play automatically

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-my-default-player.445003/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I installed the "Nero 7 Essentials" program that came with my HP internal DVD drive. When using the Nero Player, the DVD's play in a choppy manner. So I tried to use Win Media Player 11 but the audio on the DVD doesn't play. CD's play on Win Media, though. I emailed Nero Customer Support but haven't heard from them yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-nero-player.756782/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I used to play all my mp files Real Windows Media vs. Player 7 Player via Real Player 7 vs. Windows Media Player Windows Media Player Those were the good ol Napster days Then came Bearshare for which I downloaded Real Player Basic and since then it seems I can t get any audio out of Windows Media Player anymore It seems to be doing its job and all that happy stuff you know opening media libraries playing mp files only no audio Real Player s doing fine but even my old Napster mp files from Napster - heck even the Bearshare files that work with Real Player - get zero audio when played in Windows Media So I figured it s some sort of conflict you know That stuff happens So being the resourceful guy that I am I tried uninstalling Real Player Settings Control Panel Add Remove Programs but you know what It s not working I get a pop up window quot Are you absolutely SURE you wanna lose all yer Real Player stuff Yes No quot I do quot Yes quot I get another pop up job quot Uninstalling Real Player quot but that s it You know the blue horizontal bar you get that informs you of how far into the process you are It doesn t even show up At this point nothing goes further Ctrl Alt Delete tells me quot Uninstalling Real Player Not Responding quot It does that every time What I want to do is be able to use Windows Media Player again because I find it more practical than Real Player only it serves me diddly to have an application running that won t give me the audio it s designed for in the first place What now folks Thank you for your time Steph nbsp

A:Real Player 7 vs. Windows Media Player

Just guessin here, can you go to start/run/type msconfig, go to start up tab, uncheck real player, reboot. Try to uninstall it when it hasn't loaded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-7-vs-windows-media-player.48598/
Relevancy 30.53%

B)
Why do mpg files play so much better and smoother on RP8 than they do in MMP7? I don't know what it is, but whenever I play a mpg video with MMp7 I get chopy frame rates (normal and full-screen mode)and when play it with RP8 I get smooth playback...
Any thoughts on how to fix or maybe boost perfomance for MMp7?

A:Microsoft's Media Player 7 vs Real Player 8

Hi raziel_60

Do you have BlackIce Defender installed, if so, it could be interfering.

Otherwise, take a look at this link for more FAQs on Windows Media Player 7.
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsofts-media-player-7-vs-real-player-8.42828/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

If I insert a CD or DVD in my CD/DVD player on my laptop, using Real Player, I get perfect video and audio.
When I change the option to Windows Media player I only get video - no sound. Can anyone tell me what settings need to be changed to get sound from Media Player?
Does Real Player have anything to do with this problem?

Thanks,
Jeff B

Relevancy 30.53%

I have Windows media player verson and my MP player is the Toshiba S series the software that came with the toshiba was for windows media player however its supported in WMP i also tried rolling back to to no avail The Mp player and WMP used to sync perfectly videos pictures music however a little while after i upgraded to WMP it started sync-ing less and less first player will not my player Windows with MP3 sync media being unable to convert videos onto my MP player I was previously able to sync these videos on and soon after that it wouldnt sync videos on at all About a month after that when i plugged in my MP player and turned on WMP a error message came up saying that windows media player has incountered Windows media player will not sync with my MP3 player an error and must close and then a error report option comes up when the error fist comes up it says quot Windows media player has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience quot This happens everytime i plug in my MP player also when i take my MP player to my friends house and try to sync videos at his place everything works fine So today i uninstalled and reinstalled WMP and even got the the windows media player files from his house and replaced them with the ones on my computer and nothing ive also ended the sync partnership and that stuffed WMP and i had to reinstall it HELP ME PLZ i dont thnk ive left anything out but if i have ill put it up shortly nbsp

A:Windows media player will not sync with my MP3 player

Oh um i just rolled back Windows media player to version 10 and installed the software that came with my MP3 (which installs all the necessary features for the player to sync properly)

Um and this time when i plugged in my MP3 player a different error message came up which had details (also it wiped my MP3 player and i cant put anything on now GRRR) so hopefully someone might be able to help me now:

Error Signature
Appname:wmplayer.exe AppVer:10.0.0.3802
Modname:indiv01.key ModVer:11.0.6000.7000 Offset:00ae4fd
^thats it word for word

any help would be great

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-will-not-sync-with-my-mp3-player.738107/
Relevancy 30.53%

I ve been having problems on Facebook and playing games for some time now I get a lot of script errors and am wandering with the issues I ve been having Does a computer have to have Adobe Flash player Real Real etc player Player, Flash Adobe Player Quick Time and Windows Media to run properly I don t have much experiance with these programs and it seems to me that I have way to many of these programs on my computer and am wandering if one program is clashing with another which ends up giving me these script errors Any idea s on this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Real Player, Adobe Flash player etc Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Gamila Giovani Neon series Antivirus PC Cleaners Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to change my default player from WMP to Real Player?
Chuck.

Relevancy 30.53%

Is real player the same thing as windows media player? If they are the same thing which one is better?

A:real player or window media player?

Real Player (aka Real Obnoxious) is not the same as Windows Media Player. There are certain files that will only play on Real Player and certain Files that will only play on Windows Media Player.

If you are going to install Real Player I suggest that you print out the instructions here;
http://home.comcast.net/~leeandheather/tutorials/realone.htm

refer to the instructions when installing Real Player. Although these instructions are not for the current Real Player version there is still enough in the instructions as what to disable, to keep Real Player usable, but stop it from bugging you all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-or-window-media-player.542845/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey,
Even though I set my default music player to be windows media player in my settings EVERY time I put a cd into my dvd / cd drive Windows opens a DIFFERENT problem.
How do I change it so that Windows opens Windows Media player when I place a cd into my dvd / cd drive?
take care,
gavin

A:Not able to set my preferred cd player to Windows Media Player

Whoops, I meant every time I place a cd into my cd/dvd drive it opens a different program and NOT windows media player.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442563-not-able-set-my-preferred-cd-player-windows-media-player.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I''m running a much older system w/ Win 98SE. For no reason that I can figure out I have lost the sound while playing either Windows Media Player or Real One Player. My windows sounds and all game sounds are fine. When trying to play a .wmv file with WMplayer I get the following error message...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly."

When I ask for more information I get the following message.

"Windows Media Player Error Message Help

You've encountered error message C00D11BA while using Windows Media Player. We are investigating the cause of this error. We will post more information about this error when it becomes available. "

Can anybody help me???

A:No sound w/Media Player or Real One Player

Use a different media player. try Winamp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-w-media-player-or-real-one-player.33659/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I listen to music all the time on my computer (its running windows xp professional).

Today, I put in a cd and I get no sound from the speakers. Everything in mediaplayer looks like the disc is playing. Likewaise, when I open a wav or mp3 file, i get no audio. I also tried the real ob eplayer, and that had the same issue. I do get audio from speakers when I test a system sound.

I clicked on the audio icon and everything is unchecked.

any ideas?

jeff

Relevancy 30.53%

Everything I play on media player, and real player skips. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them twice, but they continue to skip.
I AM STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME?

A:Windows Media Player/ Real Player

which soundcard do uhave ?

make sure , u have the latest driver for it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-real-player.83711/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I listen to music all the time on my computer (its running windows xp professional).

Today, I put in a cd and I get no sound from the speakers. Everything in mediaplayer looks like the disc is playing. Likewaise, when I open a wav or mp3 file, i get no audio. I also tried the real ob eplayer, and that had the same issue. I do get audio from speakers when I test a system sound.

I clicked on the audio icon and everything is unchecked.

any ideas?

jeff

A:No sound from media player or real one player

First, check that your speakers are correctly plugged into the back of your computer and that the power is connected to them, then check to see that your drivers are still installed by going into control panel > Sounds and multimedia, tell me what happens,.
J.B. Joker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-media-player-or-real-one-player.188016/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys

This may be a simple [problem and i may be missing something but....

whenever i try to watch a dvd of a tv series using mediaplayer or realplayer...the player shows me the first episode on the disc usually with no problems....but then refuses to open the second episode on the disc...or third if there is one.

it simply freezes....or skips and stutters....or tells me it has to close now

what should I do?

A

A:problem with media player and real player

Are these burned copies?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-media-player-and-real-player.376396/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi Guys, new guy here, ex-train dispatcher learning how to play with a computer. I tried to download videos using Youtube' site with Windows Media player but it goes automatically to Real player. Is there a way to download with Windows Media, and if not, how to change the videos from Real Player to Windows media once downloaded. Thanks in advance. I know a 7 year old grand-daughter who will appreciate your help very much. Steamy.

A:Real player vs Windows Media player

Welcome to BC
I'll move you to the correct forum where someone can help you
good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176949/real-player-vs-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 30.53%

How can i make WMP has my default player...like 2 weeks i had it and then just right now i open a program in IE it opens on Real Player and i wanted to open in Windows Media Player..can some one help me?..how can i put it as my default!?

Thank you
Tiki

A:Windown Media Player as my default player

1. In Windows Media Player, click Tools, and then click Options.
2. On the Formats tab, under Available File Formats, click Select All to select all of the file formats listed (or you can click to select each individual check box).
3. Click Apply, and then click OK.
Windows Media Player is now your default media player for those selected media file formats.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windown-media-player-as-my-default-player.429309/
Relevancy 30.53%

I read some of the posts and Im a bit confused I got my children MP players for Xmas Here is the steps I took so far I downloaded the newest version of Windows Media player and took all of the cds to quot rip quot onto them They are all on there with no problem Here is the problem I will start with my daughters I got her a sandisk sansa Opened the windows media player plugged in the mp player to the computer and it did say sansa read under the drive so I clicked quot copy quot and it says error occurred Is there media transfer player Help Solved: to player from mp3 a step I m missing Once this is done I ll need help with my sons I got him an archos but to my understanding both should be compatible to windows media player I didn t want to download tons of software for each one with differerent quot libraries quot so that is why I am using media player to begin with Any other ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Today I bought a small MP3 player and tried to put music
into it, just to find out the "How To".

Following instructions, I plugged the device into a USB
socket, the computer recognised it and I could explore
it with no trouble.

Windows Media Player version 12.0.10011.16384 was
a different matter though, all it did was ask for a device
to be plugged in.

I spent some time speaking to the Sony help desk and
did everything that they asked me to do, with no luck.

Can anybody shed any light on this please?

I am running Windows 10 on a HP 110-352na AMD A
series quad core, 2 GHz CPU, 8GB Ram.

Thank you.

Mike.

A:Windows Media Player won't recognise my MP3 Player

I don't understand why you opened up your WMP. Simply plug in your MP3 player and drop and drag files into it as you would any other USB drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611958/windows-media-player-wont-recognise-my-mp3-player/
Relevancy 30.53%

My windows media player is no longer recognizing my mp3 player when pluged into the usb ports on my pc.

I have tried to delete and reinstall media player but my pc will not allow me to do this, is there a good uninstall program available to help me do this or some other way to remove it.

I would also like some opinions on alternative programs that would be good for managing my music and adding and deleting songs on my mp3 player.

Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated.

Eboknight

A:windows media player does not recognize my mp3 player

I can't help you with WMP -- I never use it.

What brand and model MP3 player do you have? Is it a simple MP3 player or does it support video playback, DRM, etc. All this info will help point you toward some alternative management options.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264787/windows-media-player-does-not-recognize-my-mp3-player/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm using windows XP and haved burned music from stored files downloded from Napster and Livewire up until recently.Now I burn to a CD and it will only play in a DVD player not in any CD player it will read " no disc ". I'm using memorex 52x 800mb 80 min RW discs.I now know R format holds the burn longer does the burn speed indicated on the disc have anything to do with it ? The sucessfull burns were on 12x.

A:music burned to cd will only play in DVD player not cd player

Hello wfleenor, and welcome to TSG.

Did you burn the CDs as music CDs or did you burn the song files onto a data CD? Some CD players will only play music CDs while some DVD players will play music files (MP3 , M4A, WMA, etc) burned on a data CD. Some older CD players had problems reading from CD-RW disc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-burned-to-cd-will-only-play-in-dvd-player-not-cd-player.623560/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have an RCA mp3 player. I have had no trouble syncing with WMP but last night I took off all my songs on the mp3 player and tried to reload. Only the first 22 of 66 synched and all of the other ones said "An unknown error has occured" and it won't add the rest of the songs to the player. What should I do? I have WMP 10 and I tried to upgrade to WMP 11 but it never ran. Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122688/windows-media-player-wont-sync-to-mp3-player/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi
I want to sync music from windows media player to mp3 player, but plugging in the device or/and moving files to sync.
mp3 not showing, and music wont sync.

If anyone can help me please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-player-wont-show-on-media-player.1124504/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi. I am not able to play any audio or video files in my Windows Media Player or in my Real Player. I may have installed some codecs that may have caused this - but I do not know, as the codecs were installed 2 weeks ago, and I have used these media players since then.

What would you suggest I do?

Thanks for your help.

A:Media Player and Real Player - not playing!!

The easiest thing to do is to uninstall both, reboot and then install windows media player. that should fix your problem...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-and-real-player-not-playing.268379/
Relevancy 30.53%

I finally updated my laptop to Win10 and I'm having troubles with Media Player.

No matter what media file type (.mp3, .mp4, .wmv, etc.) from whatever location (local drive, across home network, thumb drive), WMP won't play it. All I get is that all too familiar error message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play this file. The player might not
support the file type or might not support the codec that was used
to compress the file"

I have looked for codec packs and can't find any. All these files work fine on my Win10 desktop that was also upgraded from Win7 Ultimate. The laptop does play system sounds fine, but that's it.

I have searched the forums but can't find anything and, no, I don't want to download and install VLC Player (a common response I have seen on a lot of the other threads)

Can anyone can help? Thanks.

A:Media Player Plays Nothing, Says Player Might Not Support It

Originally Posted by Arelem

I finally updated my laptop to Win10 and I'm having troubles with Media Player.

No matter what media file type (.mp3, .mp4, .wmv, etc.) from whatever location (local drive, across home network, thumb drive), WMP won't play it. All I get is that all too familiar error message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play this file. The player might not
support the file type or might not support the codec that was used
to compress the file"

I have looked for codec packs and can't find any. All these files work fine on my Win10 desktop that was also upgraded from Win7 Ultimate. The laptop does play system sounds fine, but that's it.

I have searched the forums but can't find anything and, no, I don't want to download and install VLC Player (a common response I have seen on a lot of the other threads)

Can anyone can help? Thanks.

I would uninstall WMP using the Programs and Features>>Turn Windows features on and off>>Media Features in Control Panel, and then restart, reinstall, and then restart.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/37377-media-player-plays-nothing-says-player-might-not-support.html
Relevancy 30.53%

If real player and windows media player do the same thing which one is better?

A:Real Player Or Window Media Player

RealPlayer can play most of the formats that WMP can, plus some of it's own (ie formats created by the RealPlayer developer) which WMP can't play.

However, although RealPlayer plays more formats and you need it for some websites which stream audi/video content only in RealPlayer's native formats, It can be somewhat of annoyance when it's installed -- always popping up nag-screens to buy the 'pro' version etc. Something which WMP never does.

In essence, if you want all video and audio formats covered, you need them both. My policy is to manage with Windows Media Player. I just avoid using websites with video/audio content that need RealPlayer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80951/real-player-or-window-media-player/
Relevancy 30.53%

Media player - GOM.
Processor - AMD Athlon 2 X2 250 (3.0 GHz).
780G chipset with HD 3200 graphics. ... got separate graphics!

1080p / 720p videos go "scobby".

What do I do?

Should I try VLC or KM players, or Windows MP + codecs pack?

GOM Player told I should go thru 3D video acceleration (hardware acceleration) quiz... Next?
... did I did something wrong there? What do I do?

A:Media player (GOM Player) goes scobby. Windows 7

Hi there,

Please elaborate on the word "Scobby" when you get a chance. Are you getting any errors when you try to play a video? Do you have issues with every video you try to play?

When was the last time you were able to stream a video on your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-player-gom-player-goes-scobby-windows-7-a-1121914.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Help!!! Every time I try to use Real Player my computer shuts down and every time I try to use Media Player (9.0) everything freezes up and I can't restart. This is so unbelievably frustrating. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks!!!

A:real player/media player shutdowns

Try using WinAmp (www.winamp.com) to see if you hve the same problm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-media-player-shutdowns.181471/
Relevancy 30.53%

I was having a problem with GamesonDemand Verizon gplayer by exent technology aka exetender Games on Demand live tech support tried to install game and install shield locked up this occured three times The ikernal and the isscript seem to be damaged The pc uses all available memory of and virtual memory paging file fault error messages are received Please note I am computer illiterate and may have overlooked the answer elsewhere not understanding it may have related to On player Demand player Games Exetender me Windows XP pro on Sony laptop is Exetender player Games On Demand player system Today live support came back on got same tech Exetender player Games On Demand player as last time he dowloaded player tried to install it and computer immediately locked up trying to run install shield He then just left me hanging and said I need to reinstall windows or it would be okay to cancel all my Verizon services since they can t fix it I have been to a website that has repair files for install shield but I haven t been able to determine the version the player used so now the files are missing and after this last tech visit my task manager has stopped working even after rebooting and it would be great to reinstall xp but all my stuff is in storage about hrs away so probably am sunk Can you make any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exetender-player-games-on-demand-player.915426/
Relevancy 30.53%

There is a new media player launching this June that you should all check out. It does everything that Windows Media Player, Winamp and Itunes does plus more features - including streaming AAC and AAC+ broadcasts, new ways to organize your play lists etc..

I wont bore you with the details. You can check out info on their splash page

www.forkplayer.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-digital-media-player-the-fork-player.569689/
Relevancy 30.53%

I needed to download Realplayer in order to play a clip back so I installed it, but since it is now the default player for everything. How do I change it back to Media Playeragain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I prefer not to uninstall real player since I may need it again. Thanks in advance!

A:How do I keep Windows Media Player as the default player?

You need to go into Real Player and unassociate every file that's in it. It should be in something like options etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-keep-windows-media-player-as-the-default-player.343981/
Relevancy 29.67%

hi I have this strange little problem I have a gamesite like gamespot com and for the site i need to watch lots of gametrailers ect Now I reinstalled my windows a while ago cause i f cked my windows somehow and i installed all my drivers software and other things Now i started up Windows Media Player to watch the quot The Fantastic quot Videogame trailer and my player connects for like seconds and then it freezes I opened another player quicktime it freezes I started GTA San Andreas for some entertainment and the EAX-logo loads the nVidia logo shows up and when the intro starts GTA freezes s Now i fired up the Task Manager after WMP freezes and i looked at the quot Processes quot list there i saw that WMP takes like CPU time I reinstalled windows AGAIN i tested WMP installed version first first and loaded up a file and it did not freeze s Now after my test with WMP i installed these things Direct X c Videocard driver nVidia GeForce GT NET FrameWork v iTunes Sygate Personal Firewall NetGEAR MA driver WiFi v MSN Messenger MSN Messenger Plus ISP monitor to keep an eye on my network traffic Mozilla FireFox WhatPulse Adobe Acrobat Reader WebCam Driver -and some updates from Windows Update Now all these things were also installed before i first reinstalled my windows i player) player freezes(any Media ed it up because i formatted my Media player freezes(any player) other drive and there was the boot ini file stored s Can someone help me with this problem TIA edit My specs are AMD Athlon MB ram harddisks gig gig both are rpm nVidia GeForce GT with mb ram nbsp

A:Media player freezes(any player)

nobody has an answer to my question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-freezes-any-player.377591/
Relevancy 29.67%

How do I get rid of Santa Claus hat in the VLC player ?

Thank you.

A:How do I get rid of Santa Claus hat in VLC player ? Player

From VideoLan forum:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=96508

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-get-rid-of-santa-claus-hat-in-vlc-player-player-767370.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I took the following steps by:
Using the "open with" method and browsing and selecting vlc on the browse section but it still wont show up on the interface menu or be selected as my default player
I also tryed selecting it from "default program" but VLC is still not showing up
finally I tryed to do it manually by going to VLC and selecting preferences and clicking all the media extentions for it to be a default player on VLC and still no success

So how do I exactly make VLC my Default player? I'm assuming the problem that my computer can not recognize VLC at all?

A:How to set up VLC media player as your default player.

On the default program part, down the bottom did you also click "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" then click ok.

Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/273628-how-set-up-vlc-media-player-your-default-player.html
Relevancy 29.67%

How can I select Real Player as my default program? I much prefer this over Windows Media. Sometimes Windows Media comes into play and I'd rather use Real Player.

Mal

[email protected]

A:Real Player vs. Media Player

Welcome to TSG Kcop!

Sometimes the designer of the site will specify that it will use the WMP rather than RP. In that case there isn't much you can do about it.

If you have a program that will play on either and you want RP to be your default, then:

Left click on the file once
Press and hold the SHIFT key while right-clicking on it.

Select "Open With" from the list.
Select Real Player from the list.
Check the little box that says "always use this program" when opeing this type of file.
Good luck!
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-vs-media-player.129601/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ive been comparing some HD footage I have on VLC player and Windows Media Player 12 (windows 7)

I cant help but notice when the video is played back windows media player all the video details are much sharper and more colorful compared to playback in VLC?

Why is this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vlc-player-and-windows-media-player-12.864688/
Relevancy 29.67%

I had some questions I wanted to ask Real Player support, but am not able to access the Help or Report a Problem sections from within the player. The player plays fine and I am registered. Anyone else having problems with Help?

Jack

A:Is Real Player's Help Section Within the Player Down?

Did you try simply opening a browser? http://www.real.com/support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-real-players-help-section-within-the-player-down.1000305/
Relevancy 29.67%

I had real player7 basic but need to reinstall it after my hard drive crashed. I don't have it saved. Where can I get this version? Is this version the one without the spyware etc.?

Or/and is there another player that will play .ra files?

A:Real Player 7basic...or other player??

For what it is worth I just installed the newest AdAware definitions yesterday. All of the spyware is evidently removed from my system and the latest version of RealPlayer is still working. Running RealPlayer doesn’t put more spyware on the computer, so I feel OK about it.

If you listen to streaming audio while you are computing RealPlayer seems to be the way to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-7basic-or-other-player.65016/
Relevancy 29.67%

I intially used Media Player for all of my audio and video. I downloaded Real Player and now it had been set as the default player, but I still would like to use my Media Player as the default. Ho do I change Media Player back to the default player????

Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all,

I've just purchased an online course for Solidworks which set me back $190. The only thing is that the videos are playing at twice or three times nornal spped on Flash. How can I slow them down to normal speed does anybody know?

God bless,

Phil.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-player-player-at-2x-3x-speed.634079/
Relevancy 29.67%

windows media player has refused to open and i have tried all the ways i know to fix it. so i plan to use km player as my default player. my question is, can i import all my music files into the km player ?

A:km player as default audio player ?

I recently just started using KMplayer a few days ago. It's a great choice, it even works on this cheap of the cheap laptop. That is something VLC doesn't do too well. media player classic is pretty good as well. I don't think KMplayer has any media library in it. I can't find anything that imports media or anything like that at least. I don't like things that make a library of media anyway, it mixes it all up in ways I don't like.

You might also want to check out foobar2000. That will cover you in all your audio needs as well. It's also rips CDs better than anything out there including EAC and cdex.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/111887-km-player-default-audio-player.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I am planning on buying an mp3 player, and have been researching info on them.
Under requirement they all say you should have WMP 10 or 11.
My #9 does rip in mp3 or WMA.
Since I see that WMA files are smaller and are supposed to sound better, I was thinking I would load the player with the WMA.

My question is - Can I use WMP #9?
And if not why not?

I don't like #10 and rolled back to get rid of it.

A:Windows Media Player 9 + mp3 player

I would use the Mp3 format instead of WMA. It's more universal and easier to work with.

Most Mp3 players operate in two modes. MTP mode works with WMP 10 or 11 and you can sync the player and use playlists. With MSC mode the player shows up as a drive letter and you can copy music files with Windows Explorer. MSC mode is a lot easier to work with.

So you can still use WMP 9 but you'll only be able to use MSC mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-9-mp3-player.799794/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have Windows media player 11 and cannot get my Gpx Mp3 player Model# ML638B to be recognized . What would be the easiest way to configure my computer to recognize my device or is there an online download or any kind of program that I need to use ?

A:Windows media player 11 / mp3 player help

You can go here to get some documentation: http://www.gpx.com/store/p/261-ML638B.aspx Click downloads and get the owners manual.

Page 11

Press the Power Button to switch the unit to USB transfer mode. Access the unit’s files under “My Computer”. Two drives will appear, “Tools” and “Removable Disk”.Click to expand...

You should be able to drag and drop Mp3 files on your computer to the player using Windows Explorer. That way you don't need to use WMP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-mp3-player-help.896441/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

Which one of these games are Multi-Player?

1) FIFA 2007
2) Ground Theft Auto Vice City
3) FIFA Manager
4) Ages of Empires II
5) Need for Speed Underground
6) Call of Duty Deluxe Edition (Contains Call of Duty and the expansion pack Call of Duty: United Offensive)

Thanks,

A:Multi-Player vs. Single Player

U could just go look up the games on google and check.. it usually tells you.
Im almost sure that FIFA, CoD, and Age of Empires are multiplayer, but you might want to double check.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-player-vs-single-player.581923/
Relevancy 29.67%

My media player will not sync up to my or my wife's Sony MP3 player. I haven't had this problem before. They have always sync-ed up and worked perfectly. I have windows 7.

Any ideas?

A:Media Player is not recognizing my MP3 player

Are the MP3 players detected when you plug them in by Windows? May not be a WMP problem but some other issue, if Windows is not detecting them then WMP will not either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/182272-media-player-not-recognizing-my-mp3-player.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a problem opening any media file in any of the Media Players viz., RealOne Player build 6.0.11.868 or my Windows Media Player 10.
Whenever I open the above mentioned Media Players on my system, their interface opens up and after I open and select any media (usually audio) file, the player keeps on connecting to the file and takes more than 1 minute and above in opening and playing any valid and good media file, may it be a .wma or .mp3 audio file.
How to fasten the dead slow speed of the players?

PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Windows Media Player or RealOne Player taking hell lot of time in opening media!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-or-realone-player-taking-hell-lot-of-time-in-opening-media.290847/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have Windows Media Player 10 and Total Video Player. I use Total Video layer to watch some movies. Anyway the default program to open audio/video files with keeps switching to Total Video Player. I want the default player for all media types to be WMP. I went into the options menu in WMP and checked all the boxes on all formats for WMP to be the default player, but every time I restart the computer the default player to open half of the media files reverts back to Total Video Player.

How do I fix this.

A:Windows Media Player wont stay remain as the default media player?!?!

try going into the Total Video Player options an unticking all the file formats in it. an if you want to play any thing with it just rite click an pick it as the player. if that dont work. just uninstall it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-stay-remain-as-the-default-media-player.504951/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need to reformat an audio file so I can play it in Windows Media Player. A conversion attempt fails with the above error message.

Is it possible.

Thanks.

A:Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-cannot-play-the-file-the-player-might-not-support-the-file-type.445722/
Relevancy 28.81%

http www adobe com support security bulletins apsb - htmlAffected software versions Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh Linux and Solaris operating systems Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Android Adobe AIR and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh and AndroidTo verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system access the About Flash Player page or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select quot About Player/ update Flash Player Security Shockwave for Adobe available Adobe Adobe or Security update available for Adobe Flash Player/ Adobe Shockwave Player Macromedia Flash Player quot from the menu If you use multiple browsers perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android go to Settings gt Applications gt Manage Applications gt Adobe Flash Player x SolutionAdobe recommends all users of Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh Linux and Solaris upgrade to the newest version by downloading it from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center Windows users and users of Adobe Flash Player or later for Macintosh can install the update via the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted http www adobe com support security bulletins apsb - htmlAffected software versionsShockwave Player and earlier versions for Windows and MacintoshSolutionAdobe recommends users of Adobe Shockwave Player and earlier versions upgrade to the newest version available here http get adobe com shockwave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413860/security-update-available-for-adobe-flash-player-adobe-shockwave-player/