Windows Support Forum

Buying environmentally sound products

Q: Buying environmentally sound products

When I was reading the specs for this monitor I got the feeling they where missleading about the environmental impact. For example, the monitor makes a point of being mercury free, but aren't all monitors mercury free? It also states that it's made "with 50% less hazardous materials." Isn't that bad to have any hazardous materials at all or is it common?

Another example is this one with there "Green Technologies". Who knows what that means?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Buying environmentally sound products

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Buying environmentally sound products

Is there an actual question in there somewhere?

"50% less hazardous materials" than what?

A CRT is loaded with lead since the high voltage required generates X-Rays. So, there's less lead in an LCD.

Every time you throw away an alkaline battery, you put mercury back into the environment.

Half the time, in relation to monitors, the "energy saving" BS, is just by virtue of the fact these "eco friendly" products don't have bright enough back lights.

No to mention that wholesale users of tech products need to clean up their environmental impact act big time, before the advertisers start laying a guilt trip on individuals to coerce them into buying substandard performing products, for above standard prices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-environmentally-sound-products.158339/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've decided to take the plunge and buy an Apple Ipod. Unfortunately, the only Apple stores near me are all very inconvenient to access.

Does anyone know the facts about purchasing a new Apple product from a store like Best Buy or Staples?

Are they like more expensive at the Apple store? Or less expensive?

Are there any other factors that could cause problems for me if I bought this IPod at a store like Best Buy or Staples?

Relevancy 52.89%

Running Windows -bit and am getting redirected in all browsers typically during searches from Google or going to a popular site to hxxp After this incident all my Adobe Flash products stopped giving Audio Youtube games videos etc and stopped properly syncing For instance Pandora One which runs off Adobe Air will continue to buffer and never fully load Nor will Pandora load on the website Pointing towards audio and streaming issues In Google Chrome Netflix stops buffering Search Adobe All and Hijack with Browser sound no Products at but All Browser Search Hijack and Adobe Products with no sound plays fully in Firefox I do not know if the redirects are related to the audio issue but I would at least like to rectify the rootkit issue so I can properly handle my Flash s audio problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by The Pags at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files x Kodak AiO Center ekdiscovery exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Tunngle TnglCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint II SetPointII exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Secu... Read more

A:All Browser Search Hijack and Adobe Products with no sound

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431763/all-browser-search-hijack-and-adobe-products-with-no-sound/
Relevancy 52.46%

I stupidly read where if I went to change settings in the Windows Update and unchecked the box for updates to all Microsoft Products and notify me of new products.  Now I do not receive any updates to the Microsoft Office products.

I cannot get that check box back, it has totally disappeared.

What I was trying to do is eliminate the annoying Win 10 stuff that keeps coming in.  I don't want Win 10 and I don't want Microsoft's constant harassing by downloading KB3035583 all the time.

Can anyone help me get this check box back??  Unfortunately when I did it to my laptop I also did it to my sister's brand new laptop, so now I have two systems that need help.

Thank you in advance.
TryN

GOT IT!!!  Ran Secunia PSI and had to do it 3 times, but the Microsoft Updater now is working correctly!! 

A:Windows updates-update all Microsoft products and tell me about new products

Please close this thread for me.  Sorry for the posting.  Can't believe after struggling with this for 3 weeks, right after posting and then doing some reading on downloads on Bleeping Computer my issue got solved.
thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604923/windows-updates-update-all-microsoft-products-and-tell-me-about-new-products/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

My system is

Windows 98 SE
Pentium IV 2.4 Ghz
512mb DDR Ram
Asus V9520 GeForce FX 5200 128mb 3D Card
17GB Hard Disk
40GB Slave Hard Disk
Intel D845GEBV2 Motherboard
On-board audio card ( SoundMax Digital Audio )

My motherboard has 6x 32-bit PCI slots, PCI 2.2 compliant
(support 3.3v / 5v interface).

I need help buying a budget PCI sound card, I need the sound card for gaming only. I cannot use the on-board audio for gaming since Intel did not provide a game port and no there is not surround audio.

Thank you

A:Help buying a new sound card

Creative S/B

Sound Blaster 5.1 availible at Newegg for $33.00 with game port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-a-new-sound-card.7902/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I need help on selecting a sound card Right now i have an on board sound card Asus P B Mobo it worked fine for me until i installed Vista There is two problems i have with it in vista First the sound quality really went down and second most important is that i can use only the front speakers out of my setup I have an JVC home theater system hooked up to my computer and it worked great in XP Now in vista when i go to the sound options in control panel i can get the sound from all the speaker but when i play music or games or movies only the front speakers work I looked everywhere on the web and the best solution i found is to activate the fill speakers option in the sound properties but it doesn t really provide surround sound Any ways im thinking of buying a new sound card i was looking at the audigy ZS and dunno which is better thou and the XFi are expensive but if they worth it i might buy one So my questions are Should i buy a sound car Which one is better audigy ZS or and are there any other sound cards i should look into nbsp card buying sound help with Need a

Relevancy 49.45%

I have never used more than integrated audio in my life. When I went over to my friend's house and heard what a Sound Blaster Audigy sounded like, well I was blown away. I am looking for a new sound card but I have no desire to spend more than $50. I was thinking about a sound blaster live. Plz give comments or sugestions

A:Buying a sound card, PLZ HELP

Howdy

PaulWuzHere said:

$50. I was thinking about a sound blaster live. Plz give comments or sugestionsClick to expand...

No suggestions needed. :wave:
Separate sound cards take a big load off the CPU
and give better sound quality.
I have non-oem SB live 5.1 that you should find for the $$'s
you want to spend....
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-sound-card-plz-help.30723/
Relevancy 49.45%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: SiS 5598/6326, 8 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 57502 MB; F: Total - 238464 MB, Free - 166914 MB;
Motherboard: AOpen, MX46-533V II
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:I need help buying a sound card

The AOpen MX46-533V motherboard in your computer appears to have Realtek AC'97 integrated audio, so why are you wanting to install a sound card?

Some details about whatever problem you're having would be helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-buying-a-sound-card.1085105/
Relevancy 48.16%

anyone know a good sound card (Like not over 80$) that will work with my Dell Demension E310 that can run some of the "latest games" (because this term has been way overused in the forums) (I'm speaking especially for games like COD, the Battlefield Series, etc. I have (or am close to getting) a good graphic card but don't really know much about sound cards. My computer only has the Integrated Audio Card on the mobo and i don't know whether i need to update. On a game box i have, it says the "sound card should be DX 9.0c compatible," but, unlike many graphic card reviews, cards on NewEgg and the Creative website don't specify whether its DX compatible. I don't want anything expensive (over 100$) or macho. Just something to get me by. Thanks to all who reply!

A:Buying a new Creative Sound Blaster card

dx has nothing to do with sound, so forget about that
if you really feel like buying a new spu, you can get the Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic for less than 100$
be wary that Vista support isn't so good for it yet (or so I've heard)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-creative-sound-blaster-card.84777/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I'm planning to buy 5.1 Sound System for my PC. I'll be using it for Gaming and listening to Music and my budget is about 90 to 100 bucks (of course converted in my currency) The speaker systems i liked are Logitech Z506, Logitech X530 and Creative T6160. Now i wanna know which one should i really go for?

A:Suggestions for buying 5.1 Surround Sound System!!!

Definitely Logitech!

This one Logitech Z506

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/216067-suggestions-buying-5-1-surround-sound-system.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Spybot found this buggar (lists it as funwebproducts - no spaces - 4 entries) but won't remove it.
I am running WinXP SP2 and would appreciate all the help I can get. I don't know how I even got this because I know enough to stay away from all this stuff, but I do share this computer with my wife.
Please help me locate and remove this pest. From what I have read it is a real pain to get rid of.
I really need step by step instructions as I don't generally mess with my registry.
Thanks

A:Help with Fun Web Products

Click here to download Hijack This: http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Let it extract to C:\Program Files

Close out any open browsers
Launch the program
Hit "do a system scan only"
When that finishes, hit "save log"
The log will open in Notepad
Copy & paste that log into this thread

Do not fix anything yet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-fun-web-products.382246/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello All You ll have to excuse me but I m still a newbie but working hard to learn I still don t know enough to be dangerous - just screwups So any informed guidance would be greatly appreciated My current PC Do? Available PC The To - Many What Products is a Gateway MP Intel Core amp CPU GHz Windows XP Professional Home Edition v Windows v Security Pack MB Hard MB RAM I don t use any e-mail other than highly secure web-based e-mail so anti-spamming software is unneeded nor do I use instant-messaging other than when I need it for technical support I don The Many PC Products Available - What To Do? t internet game My computer is not part of a network I have my own cable internet connection However I do use the internet widely for The Many PC Products Available - What To Do? school related research and occaisional entertainment surfing I suppose I would be considered a high-risk internet surfer My system came pre-configured with McAfee s Internet Security Suite - VirusScan Personal Firewal Plus Privacy Service Anti-Phising Filter Shredder Anti-Spam and SiteAdvisor I ve been satisfied with the product except for a few areas While McAfee does an OK job with virus detection sometimes it can t clean and or remove them More seriously the McAfee product lacks anti-highjacking or behavioral spyware blocking Detection and removal of trojans and worms is not one of its strenghts Problems I ve encoutered include VirusBurst VirstBlast PrcViewer DNSChanger Zlob SmitFraud C ToolBar and a few others creating problems deep in the Registry I ve had to use software listed below Smit and others to detect and or remove these problems The bottom line with McAfee there seems to be no active detection of trojans worms etc and once they re installed they can be exceedingly difficult to remove What would be the best malware spyware software combo to actively detect and prevent the above mentioned types of intrustions security threats - a RootKit-HIPS combo Or something else like Sandboxie My greatest security threat is while surfing the internet I ve been trying to find effective products to compensate for McAfee s weak areas and my specific security risks based on how I use the PC preferably that offer real-time detection and protection Currently I m testing Ad-Aware SE Personal AVG Anti-Spyware Crawler s Spyware Terminator Diamond CS Protection Guard Michel Internet Security s Trojan Hunter SuperAntiSpyware Spyware Blaster and WebRoot s SpySweeper I ve also considered utilizing a RootKit Scanner Remover and Host Based Intrusion Program HIPS I may even use Sandboxie to isolate Internet Explorer I ve learned from experience that no single AV AS software is sufficient to provide absolute comprehensive protection I also use CCleaner Abexo Registry Cleaner and EasyCleaner to clean up files the disk and the registry - to keep things running smoothly Updates for everything - windows security software etc - are done daily However installing all these processes really puts a heavy load on the CPU Start-up and shut-down are long At start-up I currently have processes running Is Are there a any method s I can use to decrease the CPU load at start-up Any suggestions Security is important but when does installing numerous security programs become excessive HiJack This report below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C PROGRA CCleaner... Read more

A:The Many PC Products Available - What To Do?

Hi,
As you seem to be getting a lot of help from "suggestafix" are you going to mark this thread as closed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-many-pc-products-available-what-to-do.532319/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have been trying to figure out what is really needed to secure my computer.
I have tried Webroot, Avast, Malwarebytes Anti-malware, and SuperAnti Spyware
I am thinking I might need them all! What do you think?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-products-to-use.1164805/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm using Norton Internet Security and subscription is due for renewal. I like - the fact I get firewall, parental controls, virus protection all in one easy package. I don't like price (skinflint!), the fact I have to disable it for ftp upload and the fact that some porn sites easily get through the parental control facility. Any alternative suggestions?

A:Best Products?

Hi Nick,

A good firewall isZoneAlarm.

AVG comes highly recommended as one of the best free anti-virus programs.

As far as parental control goes, there are few that will stop everything. The ones to go for are ones that will only let the browser go to verified sites.. (I think it's called "white-listing"). This will give you ultimate control, but can be stifling if you want to explore further. You can of course keep updating the list with as many sites as you want though, once you know them to be child friendly.

I'll post up a couple of these later, as I'm just off back to work now.

Cheers

Liam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-products.195136/
Relevancy 36.98%

You provide this service that notifies me that there is a Bios update for my HP Spectre 360.  Then when I try to use this service it hangs up and can't even download a 2-3 meg file in 25 minutes...Then for me to call to ask a question about your service because of a defect in your software, it it'll cost me $15 dollars a month for ever?Is the cart before the horse or what.  I'd soon throw you crap out than pay.  Take it back to Best Buy because it's unsatisfactory.  Doesn't provide the level of service that would be expected from any other company. 

A:I have to pay to get help with your products?

Hi, Firstly do you know where you get THAT service ? Is it true fro HP or from elsewhere ?Secondary, I believe all new Spectre x360 laptops do not use Windows XP. All vendors don't support XP any more including Microsoft. If you wish to use XP, they may charge you to support an outdated product.Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-to-pay-to-get-help-with-your-products/td-p/5713306
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello all,
First time here.

I'll tell you the story. We have many computers across the country and we have the Product ID of each computer. There is a way to know if those installations were done with the Licence Volume System Keys?

I Also would like to know how can I obtain information from the Product ID.

Thanks in advantage.
I'll ve waiting for any answer.

Regards.

A:I Need to know if some Products ID are in our LVS

It may be the Product Key you are looking for. Generally it requires a small program [usually free] to extract that information from each computer then you can compare it with the documentation for the Volume License. Depending upon restrictions on the computer you may be able to use KeyFinder or Belarc Advisor, both free.
https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
Belarc - System Management For The Internet Age. Software license management, IT asset management, IT security audits and more.
But again, it has to be done on each computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347301-i-need-know-if-some-products-id-our-lvs.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Link

Are there any other products like the link provided above?

A:Any other products like this?

Hi,
Bitdefender BOX - Security Hub for The Internet of Good Things
Netduma.com (not really like f-secure and bitdefender box)
I only these two but you could probably find many others.
You can also do it yourself with a computer, two network cards, and Linux.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/any-other-products-like-this.53407/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Web My Fun Products all I have my cousin s laptop that is showing some weird behavior Firstly the mouse pointer shows a running red horse at times and other times shows one of those spiraling-barber shop things I decided to run MalwareBytes and Super Anti-Spyware and it removed a bunch of items unfortunately i did not get a My Fun Web Products chance to take note of the items that it removed However I was able to catch the words quot my fun web product quot on one of the items in red After restarting the laptop it is still showing that darned running red horse as the mouse pointer I m not sure if it is related but in the same space as the taskbar there seems to be some quot glitching quot going on Like if it is trying to replicate the top portion of the screen Any help please This laptop is running Vista x Edit there is nothing in add remove programs that resembles my fun web products Below is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive McciContextHookShim exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility UIManager exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Pin Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO WeCareReminder - D F DE- D - F - EB - ECD ABB - C ProgramData WeCareReminder IEHelperv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC... Read more

A:My Fun Web Products

Bump. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-fun-web-products.1051610/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am Fun Web rid Products Can't of get trying to help a friend get rid of some spyware on her computer She is not very computer literate so I've been trying to walk her through it She has registry keys for Fun Web Products and we can not get rid of them She tried in the registry editor but it won't let her Spybot so far is the only program that picks up on them Everything I've read about Fun Web Products says to remove Web Search bar from the add remove programs but she doesn't have that or any form of it on her computer that we can find I saw somewhere else that it can Can't get rid of Fun Web Products he affiliated with Incredimail which she did have and we removed it but still no luck We are pretty sure she picked it up from Smilee Central Here Can't get rid of Fun Web Products is a pic of Can't get rid of Fun Web Products the spybot log which shows one of the keys for this But all are these HKEY users s- - - software fun web products HKEY users s- - - software fun web products HKEY users s- - - software fun web products HKEY users default software fun web products We have run Trend Micro BitDefender Adaware Spybot Spysweeper Ccleaner and Spysweeper in safe mode with system restore off Here is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YServer exe C Program Files Wisdom-soft ScreenHunter ScreenHunter exe C Documents and Settings KATHERINE Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pogo com home home jsp sls amp site pogo R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www insightbb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec Ne... Read more

A:Can't get rid of Fun Web Products

I forgot to mention that I read the stick on posting HJthis logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-get-rid-of-fun-web-products-77657.html
Relevancy 36.98%

i ran spybot search and destroy and it found a spyware called funweb products and it says it cant fix the problem. its located in settings hkey-users\default\software\fun web products. i get a window after it trys to fix it saying some problems cant be fixed reason could be that the associated files are still in use(in memeory) this could be fixed on next system start up. i tryed that 3 times and it still hasnt fixed the problem. any ideals/ im running windows 2000 if you need to iknow that. thank you rick45

A:fun web products

I'm attaching a fixfunweb.zip to this post. Unzip it and save it to your desktop. Double click on the fixfunweb.reg file and allow it to merge into the registry.

Then, please do this. Click here: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe
to download HijackThis.

Close all open windows and open HijackThis. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished, the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and then save it to Notepad. Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fun-web-products.362985/
Relevancy 36.98%

http://microdirect.com/(14777)Geil-Ultra-DDR2-20GB-PC6400-Dual-Channel.aspx
http://microdirect.com/(15884)Corsair-2024MB-TwinX-XMS2-6400-DDR2-Memory.aspx
http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/product_i...=3308&osCsid=f142b38da5f1820a206108ea7f6e689f

I want to replace my 2gb of Kinston Value and have found these 2 which seem to be a good price. Are either decent RAM? Worth the money? Will I notice the differance? and will they work in a Asus P5B motherboard.

If you have any other suggestions feel free.

Cheers for any help

A:Which of these Ram products is better?

They are all good quality RAM manufacturers.

As your sticking with 2Gb you won't notice a lot of difference at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-of-these-ram-products-is-better.572246/
Relevancy 36.98%

I picked up this program on Facebook. It changed my search engine to Bing and added several apps such as weather and shopping entries. Both Spybot and Avira recognize it as a problem, but neither will delete it. Both say that access is denied. Spybot suggest that I log on as administrator, but I already am. I am running Windows 7 and Firefox on a Compaq laptop.
Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Fun web products

Hello and to BleepingComputer.Let's see what we're dealing with here.Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4Before we begin, you should disable any anti-malware software you have installed so it does not interfere with RKill running. This is because some anti-malware software mistakenly detects RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how to disable your security software.Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply***************************************************Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download linkIMPORTANT!!! - when you save the file, rename it to something random, such as bubbles.exe This must be done before beginning the download!MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from http://data.mbamupdates.com/tools/mbam-rules.exe'>here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:Malwarebytes Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384577/fun-web-products/
Relevancy 36.98%

I cannot seem to rid my computer of the My Web Search program or Search Assistant. I have tried the program remove route and it will not remove. I use windows 98.
THanks,
Loni

A:Fun Web Products~NOT!

Click on this site Loni http://www.free-web-browsers.com/support/remove-mysearch.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fun-web-products-not.236522/
Relevancy 36.98%

Could this be the products?
I think I know whats going to happen at WPC!!! | Tech Invaders

A:WPC 09, could this be the products?

Sounds about right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15736-wpc-09-could-products.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I bought the G7 Versacheck system back in December, but it won't let me open. I've un-installed and re-installed 4 or 5 times but to no avail. Tech support from this company seems to be non-existent. I've spent hours on hold waiting for a live person, but to date, no luck. Anybody else had any problems with this company?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/g7-products.675492/
Relevancy 36.55%

I installed Privacy Badger from the EFF and since then on almost every webpage it will block a tracker (cookie?) called www.best-deals-products.com (BDP from now on). BDP appears on in various websites (for instance, it's here on this website) and the blank New Tab page in Chrome. I installed Privacy Badger on both Firefox and Chrome and both get BDP.  Also, twice I've seen a console window flash open and close randomly.

I have run Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, Spybot, and Ad-aware without finding anything.  Though once when I ran a full scan with Ad-aware, mid-scan it said it found something but there was nothing when the scan finished.  I used ccleaner to wipe all web browser cache/cookies/history/etc.

I'm using Windows 8.1

Searching the internet I found this forum post https://superuser.com/questions/848853/what-is-best-deals-products-and-is-it-malware and those lines also appear in the source code of websites that have BDP.

Am I infected?

A:what is best-deals-products?

It's an Advertising Service related to GoDaddy...an internet domain registrar and web hosting company.best-deals-products.com domain informationDomain Name: BEST-DEALS-PRODUCTS.COMRegistrar: GODADDY.COM, LLCWhois Server: whois.godaddy.comReferral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.comName Server: NS-1289.AWSDNS-33.ORGName Server: NS-1758.AWSDNS-27.CO.UKName Server: NS-437.AWSDNS-54.COMName Server: NS-555.AWSDNS-05.NETStatus: clientDeleteProhibitedStatus: clientRenewProhibitedStatus: clientTransferProhibitedStatus: clientUpdateProhibitedUpdated Date: 19-dec-2013Creation Date: 19-dec-2013Expiration Date: 19-dec-2016Domain Name: BEST-DEALS-PRODUCTS.COMRegistrar URL: http://www.godaddy.comRegistrant Name: Registration PrivateRegistrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLCName Server: NS-437.AWSDNS-54.COMName Server: NS-1758.AWSDNS-27.CO.UKName Server: NS-555.AWSDNS-05.NETName Server: NS-1289.AWSDNS-33.ORGDNSSEC: unsignedhttp://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=BEST-DEALS-PRODUCTS.COMThe above url address shows the following informationI use Ghostery, a browser tool which allows you to automatically block beacons, trackers, advertising, analytics and widgets.Tools such as Ghostery and Privacy Badger detect (and show) a lot of this crap which the average user never notices during their Internet browsing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560526/what-is-best-deals-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all. Norton is discontinuing Norton Internet Security and replacing it with Norton Security. I can still renew the NIS if I choose but was wondering about this new Security. My Norton runs out in 34 days and I would like your great comments as usual.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!!

A:Norton Products

"Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!" : Got my OBAN coming

I think the second link answers your question (mine as well, as I also use NIS)
Purchasing Norton Internet-Discontinued? | Norton Community
difference between Norton Security and Norton Internet Security | Norton Community

http://www.pchelpforum.com/antivirus-firewalls-and-system-security/124945-norton-products.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all! (first post)

I use combofix on ocassion and found it very useful in clearing up those "nastier" bugs. Well recently, it starts to run, and fails stating it cant be run on a PC with "CA Antivirus" Well, I know for a fact we dont run CA Antivirus here- but we DO have CA products (mainframe connectivity) that it seemingly is mistakenly thinking is CA Antivirus.

Either we need another free program that works as good, or maybe a way to contact whoever makes Combofix to see if they can adjust their software to work with other CA stuff.

If anyone has any other GREAT scanners/removers- please post them! (got malwarebytes)

Thanks for your help!

A:Combofix and CA products

Hello cleatus ,Either we need another free program that works as good There isn't one, and we don't recommend people running it that aren't trained to use it. or maybe a way to contact whoever makes Combofix to see if they can adjuts their softwaere to work with other CA stuff.It isn't ComboFix that needs to "adjuts their softwaere". Regards,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371571/combofix-and-ca-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello, I have been reading and reading, downloading, running. I apparently had 34 viruses and hundreds of spyware. Well its not my computer its my neighbours. I got rid of most of it with the different programs but FunWeb Products, MyWay.MyWebSearch keeps coming back. The only program that I couldn't run was combofix, it stopped on stage 4.

I have been at this for days and I do not want to give it back not clean because I will jus get another call.

Please where should I go from here.

I ran SuperAntiSoyware
Malwarebytes
CCleaner
MGTools
Spybot
Adaware
AVG
Hijacj this

I cleaned off Norton, temp files, history I can run them again if you tell me what logs you would like

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166826/funweb-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of these security programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-tried-comodo-products.616687/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have not been able to activate Norton products.

A:Norton products

NEED more info http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guide-to-making-a-good-post-thread.33297/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/norton-products.215891/
Relevancy 36.55%

Does anybody besides me ever get pissed when this vendors products require updates? Flash has to ask 3 time if you want to update and when it is done. Can't wait until HTML5 kills this piece of $hit.

The reader product should be a simple program to display PDFs. Right! Instead it is a huge download, installs an update service and requires reboot when installed.

Has anybody @ Adobe ever developed for the real world.... Just venting...

A:Adobe Products

I got rid of all Adobe products except Flash (and that is enough of a pain). For PDFs use Foxit and Adobe Air you probably do not need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/207727-adobe-products.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I sent my new computer back and they claimed to have fixed it. They didn't actually do anything because it's the same keyboard even though they say they replaced it. They want me to send it back so I'm stuck without a computer for a few weeks again. I have to go buy a new one and they refuse to replace it or refund my money. What might have cost them a few hundred dollars to do the right thing and replace their defective product, is now going to cost them many thousands in future business. Typical short sighted companies who don't care about their customers. 

A:I am so done with anything acer, their products ar...

Hi chevfan,

I'm sorry that we've left you feeling like this. I was able to find some information about you based on your profile here and I've asked our support team to reach out to you. I hope that they'll be able to work out a resolution and follow up with you to ensure this is taken care of.
We do make mistakes, no one would argue that, we're always working to minimize and reduce them, but that is how it should be. As far as telling that we replaced a defective part and not actually doing so, I can assure that we don't do that, obviously it's not fair to our customers and it's not in our best interest. If we test the keyboard and it tests fine, we won't replace it, our return messaging would tell you that KB tested properly and no faults were found. In your repair, we certainly consumed a keyboard and replaced it.

Thanks,Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-am-so-done-with-anything-acer-their-products-are-garbage-and/td-p/383274/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 36.55%

Sorry to be a pain but when I ran pcpitstop Funweb products today what I noticed under my Internet details was that my Browser details showed in addition to MSIE FunwebProducts-Myway NET CLR I have run Spybot Adaware CW shredder none of which showed any infections my computer is not playing up so I have no immediate problems have looked over the web to try to find some answers been through my Hijack this log trying to spot SOMETHING but have decided I really need someone who knows what they are doing to look at my log Any takers Funweb products Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System NVATray exe D programme files PopUp Killer PopUpKiller EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe D programme files Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe D programme files Zipmagic zm nt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Magic Notes Sticky exe D Program Files MWSnap MWSnap exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe D programme files ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe D Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS vsmon exe D Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe D Program Files clicktray calendar ClickTray exe D programme files StickyNote StickyNote exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe D internet downloads hijack this latest version HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www iinet net au O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - D Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NVIDIA nForce APU Utilities NVATray exe O - HKLM Run PopUpKiller D programme files PopUp Killer PopUpKiller EXE O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run CXMon quot d programme files Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run GhostStartTrayApp C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe O - HKLM Run LWBMOUSE C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe O - HKLM Run ZipMagic D programme files Zipmagic zm nt exe O - HKLM R... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/funweb-products.333816/
Relevancy 36.55%

Is it just me or does all of adobe's software seem too be slow and sluggish when run. Specifically Photoshop is one that has been really slow. Does anyone else agree? Any suggestions on speeding it up?

Relevancy 36.55%

Why antivirus programs couldn't take advantage of their trusted status to steal personal data and generally spy on you?

Your antivirus occupies an exalted position of trust. It's allowed to look at all your files, communicate with its home base, and more. What if it abused that trust to spy on you? Could that happen?

A:Could Antivirus products ... Spy on you?

Well, AVG already do with AVG Secure Search Toolbar.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/could-antivirus-products-spy-on-you.32716/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've decided on using Macrium to clone my Vista 32-bit laptop to a new, larger drive Dell (Windows 7) 64-bit laptop. Can I use Macrium Standard for this?

There's so much info about cloning via Macrium, some of it conflicting and confusing. And, as a newbie, I'm not sure about the answers to the following questions. I would appreciate your help in cutting through the fog:

Do I download Macrium Standard to old laptop (Vista 32-bit ) or to the new laptop (Dell 64-bit)? Or, can I use Macrium Free to clone old hard drive and use Macrium Standard on new laptop to restore image?

Then, when installing, do I select the architecture for the 32-bit (original laptop) or 64-bit (target laptop)?

Then, other than creating a Rescue Media CD and Backups, do I need to perform sysprep, or is this already taken care of in the Macrium software?

A:How best to use Macrium products?

Quote: Originally Posted by Avonnes

I've decided on using Macrium to clone my Vista 32-bit laptop to a new, larger drive Dell (Windows 7) 64-bit laptop. Can I use Macrium Standard for this?

Then, other than creating a Rescue Media CD and Backups, do I need to perform sysprep, or is this already taken care of in the Macrium software?

I know you have clearly stated what you want to do but why not move on to Windows 7 x 64?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/245616-how-best-use-macrium-products.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys,

For some time I've been using Zonealarm but yersterday I tried to update it and encountered all sorts of problems that have put me off this product.

I'm looking for a new firewall and some sort of anti virus programme.

Free ideally....
What do you guys have running no your systems currently and how have you found using it?
Thanks

Ef

A:What security products are you currently using?

Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:

Detect and Remove Programs:
How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
Prevention Programs:
Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Other necessary Programs:
AntiVirus Program<= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kapersky, this is a must have.
Firewall<= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Sygate and ZoneLabs.
More Secure Browser<= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox, however Opera and SlimBrowsers are good as well.
And also see TonyKlein's good advice
So how did I get infected in the first place? and Spyware Aid's spyware article: Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-security-products-are-you-currently-using.389162/
Relevancy 36.55%

I cannot remove an application called Spin dough supported by Fun Web Products Here is my log file from Hijack This after running cwshredder Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Products, Web cannot Fun remove C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Fun Web Products, cannot remove Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files McAfee com MPS mscifapp exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVSched EXE C program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Windows NT Accessories WORDPAD EXE C Program Files Windows NT Accessories WORDPAD EXE C Program Files Windows NT Accessories WORDPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Michael Lawrence Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c PROGRA mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run MPSExe C Program Files McAfee com MPS mscifapp exe embedding O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run RegistryMechanic C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe S O - HKLM Run AVGCtrl C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE min O - HKLM Run AVSCHED C Program Files AVPersonal AVSched EXE min O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Personal Coach lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - HKLM O - Plugin for mid C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for tiff C Program Files Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fun-web-products-cannot-remove.173223/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all I just got my first laptop and this is also my first machine with vista What can I not Adobe products will run say Vista Adobe products will not run sucks I am trying to run photoshop CS and Dreamweaver CS as well as regular adobe programs like the acrobat reader and NONE OF THEM will work I hit ctrl alt del and start the task manager and see that the processes tab lists the processes dreamweaver exe and photoshop exe have started but the program never pops up Adobe products will not run in the GUI Dreamweaver does nothing Photoshop shows the initial program window with the menus but the photoshop splash screen does not show up Acrobat reader loads its main window as well and Adobe products will not run also stops responding Attempting to run these programs will not freeze the computer only the programs themselves become unresponsive in just a few seconds Does anyone know of a patch or something I can do to make these work I run them daily on windows XP and have never had an issue with any of them I planned on taking them with me to Iraq here soon so I could make small websites for people to bring in some extra money on downtime days off but it seems that may not be in the works Thanks for any help you can offer FWIW I have tried one remedy and that was installing them to an external hard drive and running them from there which did the same thing it does on the boot drive

A:Adobe products will not run

I'm having somewhat the same issues after installing CS3 on a Vista machine.

The people that help here are probably going to want some more info - Comp Specs like, amount of RAM - procesor etc etc before they can help.

All i can offer is - you're not allone in these issues on a Vista machine.

Try waiting for the prog to load - I have a pretty powerful machine - and it takes for ever to load adobe or any other program - Vista uses this RAM cache system for Super Fetch i understand, and personally i don't care what any one says - its' sucking up pysical RAM usage - my XP machine - much less powerful doesn't struggle with opening these programs like my Vista machine does and it has one less CPU in it. My XP machine can't run them the way i need to , hence i got a more powerful machine - it came with Vista...

Currently on my machine, Vista using it's RAM cache with CS3 Programs is sucking up allmost a full gig of my RAM. leaving only a little over 1 gig for apps... and RAM overhead allowance

get the gadget that shows cpu and ram usage or check Vista performace and you can see waht your system is using and doing, it may help these guys help you.

Personally the whole point of having a more powerfull machine is to run the 3 party apps as priority - not the OS. Vista is turning out to be a MAJOR dissappointment for me thus far... though i have a thread here as well - and hope they can help - the issues you and i are having with Vista dragging butt with apps - possibly could be related.

just to give you some indication of time and why i said wait - Dreamweaver took 20 minutes before the GUI interface completly showed upon my machine - another 10 minutes before it finished loading everything so i could shut Dreamweaver down. and i don't have squat on my machine except Vista and CS3 at this point - haven't even got to install Quicktime for AE... nor all the other progs for CS3... so i have major dissapointments with Vista.

if you look at TaskManager - (control shift esc) - you'll see how much memory DW is taking - add that to the Vista Cache memory and add that to the RAM overhead Allowance - or what it sets aside so you don't use all the memory - minus how much memory (RAM) you actually have
- and that probably will explain why they don't load - or take forever on our machines.
- but i'm no tech so...

good luck - and again post your comps specs and i'm sure someone here will try to help you and better than i can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adobe-products-will-not-run-400813.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi
I have been reading a bit of SIEM Applications such as HP Arcsight, Splunk and RSA Security analaytics. how would ATA be different from these tools?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30ec08ff-3d1d-408b-b2d1-14f8e9325c94/ata-compared-to-other-products?forum=mata
Relevancy 36.55%

I don t know if this will be helpful but I wanted to give a New Norton Products quot heads up quot to an issue with the latest Norton Security and New Norton Products Backup software I m not bashing them I ve used them for years and years In short I installed it on one of machines in the house weeks shy of the end of another product s expirations The computer immediately went into limited internet access mode and I suffered intermittent connection drops So far I ve found that this problem happens if one or more of other programs are installed on computers which isn t the case here I contacted Norton and the chat bubbas tried to take control of my computer with no success I think they may have wanted to look for any of those programs The program in question is Security and Backup I have reinstalled and am running with no issues my old copy of Internet Security They have issued a refund with no fuss I really like Norton I hope they resolve this I m not ready to learn a new program- just lazy is all nbsp

A:New Norton Products

Thanks for the heads up. I've not used Norton Security Suite since Symantec bought them out. However, I do use Norton Power Eraser, it's a great stand alone software for getting deeply embedded malware/spyware/adware off of a system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-norton-products.1167646/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I keep getting pop ups and my computer is dragging I have ran several virus programs the free downloads and anti spy programs They have removed some -tried Help I keep products pop to them ups several remove getting and my computer is working better however I am still getting pop ups and my computer is still slow I appreciate any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Help I keep getting pop ups -tried several products to remove them svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter NICServ exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Help I keep getting pop ups -tried several products to remove them DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter Gcc exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter OdHost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run MM... Read more

A:Help I keep getting pop ups -tried several products to remove them

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download combofix.exe to your desktop.
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and save a Logfile'. Save the log file and post it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-i-keep-getting-pop-ups-tried-several-products-to-remove-them-167951.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,

The computer I use all the time has four 5.25” external bays, two are taken by DVD drives/burners, but I think my case will look better if I fill them up with something.

So...I would like to know everything that could be placed in 5.25” drive bay, from CPU temperature to an actual coffee cup holder

Thanks in advance

A:I want to know all products that fit in a 5.25” computer bay :)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-know-all-products-that-fit-in-a-5-25%C2%94-computer-bay.430964/
Relevancy 36.55%

hi all

doing a search for fun web products removal came across this web site, problem i have is trying to remove this pain and all related junk manually, i am in the process of helping someone over the phone, any advice on removing this smiley central stuff with no net connection on the said machine.

thanks in advance

A:funweb products

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/funweb-products.635313/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a long message but this forum seems to be the only real feedback option so I'll share my concerns here nbsp HP regarding Feedback products Seven years ago I purchased an HP printer For the reputation HP had I thought it would work fine - it broke within a month My second HP printer that I bought years ago broke after only months having printed out no more than pages nbsp Recently I bought an HP computer - within two months my -purchase was useless I kept on getting blue screen and other crashes so I called HP support I had standard warranty The support technician told me that standard warranty meant they nbsp could only tell me nbsp how to fix nbsp the computer nbsp myself over the phone Apparently that is what HP means by standard warranty - that you have to fix it yourself nbsp Why then is it included in the price nbsp The support technician was asking me to unplug all cables from the box open the box and remove one component after another to plug nbsp back all the cables and turn the computer Feedback regarding HP products on When that didn't work nbsp he Feedback regarding HP products told me to remove the cables from the box once more remove another component plug back the cables into the box and then turn nbsp the computer nbsp on again This cycle was repeated numerous times with me taking components in and out until I looked at my clock and realized I had been on the phone for hours without any result doing the work of HP support nbsp The support technician nbsp said that he could not nbsp give me the address of an HP repair location nbsp until I completed all the work - meaning that I would have to continue sweating trying to fix my computer - essentially working for HP free of charge nbsp I told the technician I was outraged When you buy a brand new car and it breaks down you don't get a call from a mechanic telling you how to fix it - you take it back to the dealership and he fixes it nbsp if it is nbsp in the warranty HP it seems has one policy regarding its defective products and that is - ACCEPT NOTHING BACK regardless of any warranty I've owned AMD Intel Dell and Asus computers and didn't have any issues nbsp nbsp When the HP stock price fell by more than in February HP blamed weakness in PC sales to consumers a Bloomberg article says That tells you something about the quality of HP PC's Moreover just one day before HP is supposed to report earnings a memo leaked out to Bloomberg warns of lower profits and it is in that memo that the HP CEO orders executives to watch every penny Indeed ACCEPT NOTHING BACK seems to be an excellent nbsp cost-saving policy however nbsp it didn't prevent your stock from falling today alone nbsp The HP computer I got recently is the last HP product I will ever buy

A:Feedback regarding HP products

Welcome to the HP Consumer Support Community. This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products. If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.htmlIf you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Feedback-regarding-HP-products/td-p/676693
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all
I want to submit my catalog (1500 products) to a paid online classifieds websites doesn't accept bulk upload
Such as

http://www.usfreeads.com/
http://www.adpost.com/
http://expo.live.com/

And other websites

Using my username / password
Different fields from site to another
Is this are the software can do this for me
Witch one?
-AllSubmitter
http://www.webloganalyzer.biz/eng/products.html
-The Classified Connection
http://www.the-classified-connection.com/free-classifieds-engine.htm
-Handy Submit
http://hot-handy-submit.xvel-software.qarchive.org/

If not
Are there software can do this for me?
Thank you
Philip

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/products-submitter.623714/
Relevancy 36.55%

Creatine - Creatine helps out in 2 approaches: it can help one to carry more fat within the gym, consequently maximizing your workout by helping to carry nutrients that are desired for your Muscle Building Pills and it also aids recovery. You simply must consider Around 2.5 grams: Blackcore Edge around 5 grams of daily before and after training.It's genuine, and that I've seen it myself with my bodybuilding efforts. And not only did I workout less per-week, I even lower my workout time by 50 percent to only 30 minutes. I applied to exercise for a whole time, but when I lower my period in half, I found that I obtained muscle - also it needed only a brief period of time for you to accomplish that to me.

http://colonrejuvenatorsite.com/blackcore-edge/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/with-the-different-products-out-there-as-of-late.1163420/
Relevancy 36.55%

Dr Web personal products for Windows high-speed scanning and home anti-virus network administration October Doctor Web a Russian developer of IT security software unveils new single-user Dr Web products for Windows Dr Web Anti-virus and Dr Web Security Space The products incorporate many technological and functional upgrades resulting in increased scan speed improved reliability and enhanced virus protection Dr.Web Products 7.0 Released options and customization In order to improve Dr Web s performance its architecture was significantly modified new services were introduced and the Dr.Web 7.0 Products Released performance of all components was optimized Doctor Web s developers made improvements to the scanner completely revamping its look and feel The Dr.Web 7.0 Products Released most important innovation enables the scanner to perform multi-thread scanning where tasks are distributed between the CPU cores As a consequence the overall performance of the new anti-virus has grown substantially The products feature the Dr Web Control Service responsible for controlling all anti-virus components and their interaction as well as for retrieving statistics and scheduling updates With this service you can take advantage of the Anti-virus network feature which comes in handy for home and small corporate networks Click to expand Read More nbsp

A:Dr.Web 7.0 Products Released

prepare to test it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/dr-web-7-0-products-released.4107/
Relevancy 36.55%

I want to get an upgrade for MS Word which came on my computer in these MS in What's the differences products? I use it sometimes and it s time to really get serious and learn the program s capabilities I want to use other software that comes in the suite too IF I can afford the upgrade to them I discovered this week that MS Office comes in many different iterations such as the student teacher edition basic ed home office ed sm business ed standard ed professional ed plus many many more of them including some third party look alikes or add ons I searched all over the MS website and I found a comparison chart of the versions but not of I want to know what What's the differences in these MS products? is actually in the box that I d be buying Example what VERSION of Word it is they re selling in these package Knowing the year version or the release number would be great Is the version in the box actually any different from what I already have Where can I find out the specifics of each of these different items now being sold I do NOT want anything that has in its name Do you recommend any particular place that offers really cheap deals on the version Ebay s prices on it run from to and higher I was amazed at how high the prices go I got WordPerfect for six months ago I had no idea that MSWord would be so much higher Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

I have the following Java products installed:

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0, updates 2, 4, 6 and 8 (all > 100 MB)
Java 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition v1.3.1_04 (17 MB) and SE v1.4.2_06 (> 100 MB)

I'm don't even know what these programs do. Do I need to keep all of these or can I uninstall a few of them and free up some space?

Thanks!

A:Do I Need All These Java Products?

I'm don't even know what these programs do Hi dendo , as the subject of java can become very complicated , the easiest explanation for why you have J2SE Runtime Environment on your PC would be to say : Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D. Corporations also use applets for intranet applications and e-business solutions. The latest version is version 5 update 8 , which you already have. As some earlier versions of java are vulnerable to numerous exploits which can be used to infect your computer it is best if you remove all other versions from your PC. I would advise you to go to add/remove programmes and remove all the ones you have listed apart from Version 5 Update 8. This will free up some space as well as removing any security holes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65004/do-i-need-all-these-java-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

All,
Have just in the last couple days run across 2 users who have Reg Cure and/or Drive cure on their laptops. Most of my users don't travel and have desktops, so they are just power users. My traveling folks have laptops, use vpn or Citrix while on the road so they are in the admin group.
I saw they have the products named. I have done some research and while this looks like a legit company that puts these out, i have found many, many more horror stories about the company and products.
Does anyone have any information or experience with Reg Cure or Drive Cure?
Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobz Pop

A:Legit Products?

Hi,

As far as I know those programs are legit. But note that the BleepingComputer staff doesn't recommend using registry cleaners/software.

So if it was my choice, I would take some more known programs, like CCleaner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252378/legit-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

please can anyone help,i hve run spybot search and remove and the only item it didnt remove was fun web products,it says they are been used in memory.

A:remove fun web products

Have you tried to manually remove it through Add/Remove programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-fun-web-products-297507.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello MT community!

I have a Norton security license and a Eset SS license.
I was wondering if I should stick with Norton or go to ESET. I wanted your opinion.

A:Switching products

Whatever choice you make, just be sure that you run the removal tool. To ensure all traces of previous Antivirus is gone.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/switching-products.57297/
Relevancy 36.55%

I still run Firefox (old habits, haven't switched over to Chrome yet).  Every webpage I open, NoScript is telling me the best-deals-products.com is trying to run on that page.  I can't get rid of it.  I can't even find it.

Norton Security, SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D, searching the C:, checking extensions, addons, nothing.   I've run their registery scanners too.

All extensions and addons listed are ones I know I've installed.  And there aren't many. 

I open task manager and I don't see any suspcious processes either local or system (including when viewing all processes).

I would like to get rid of this so I don't accidently enable it and then have world of problems, but I don't know where it is to remove it. 

Some more of the basics:  Still running Vista64, FireFox 39.0    I do have Chrome installed, but rarely use it - and it doesn't seem to be affected at all.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584166/getting-rid-of-best-deals-productscom/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am having trouble with Fun Web Products I have XP Media Center SP and Internet Explorer Internet Explorer hangs when closing and Fun Solved: Products Web an About blank page comes up Internet Explorer stops responding and asks me to send an error report to Microsoft I have Yahoo Mail and I can t forward any e-mails I ve tried AdAware HouseCall and Kaspersky and XoftSpy SE Kaspersky and XoftSpy found Fun Web Products XoftSpy quarantined it Then I ran RegCure and updated Solved: Fun Web Products Norton s but I still have the same problem I found a file for Fun Web Products in Documents and Settings but I didn t do anything with it until asking for help I looked in the Add Remove in the Contol Panel but there is nothing there to remove Please help Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT PIF E pifCrawl exe br C WINDOWS Explorer EXE br C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE br C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE br C WINDOWS zHotkey exe br C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe br C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe br C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe br C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe br C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe br C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe br C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe br C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe br C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe br C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe br C WINDOWS system rundll exe br C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE br C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe br R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page a href http www rr com target blank class externalLink rel nofollow http www rr com a br R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page a href http www rr com target blank class externalLink rel nofollow http www rr com a br R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page a href http www rr com target blank class externalLink rel nofollow http www rr com a br R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page br R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page br R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext a href http my netzero net s sp r al amp cf sp amp mem ober amp login be c f bcfa a fbb ober netzero net sss amp ts amp A amp B amp C amp D amp I NH amp N PLHS amp O I amp UT target blank class externalLink rel nofollow http my netzero net s sp r al amp cf amp D amp I NH amp N PLHS amp O I amp UT a br O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Popup-Blocker Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files NetZero qsacc X IEBHO dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- B... Read more

Relevancy 36.55%

I was wondering maybe this product is safe because I have seen this used by Sony Corp. in their VAIO Care. It's Auslogics BoostSpeed. I read an article saying that we should not use products such as these but during the VAIO Care intro, it says it's powered by Auslogics and so I had a second thought about it. Can this product really help somehow and be safe to my computer or is it just as bad as the other utility programs such as Uniblue RegistryBooster 2010?

Relevancy 36.55%

hello,
I am wondering if products from Freeze.com are considered spyware by the computing community? Their products include animated wallpapers and screensavers.

Thanks for the help.

A:Freeze.com Products

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Spyware/?p=800March 22, 2006StopBadware.org issues first reportsPosted by Suzi Turner @ 8:46 pmWaterfalls 3 is a screensaver application from Freeze.com. Waterfalls 3 bundles software including a trojan related to New.net, Webhancer, (usually considered spyware) and adware apps SaveNow, New.net, Yak Community Client, the Crunch Bar, and Desktop Weather. The report says the adware installations are optional and the user can choose not to install the adware.Further down Suzi goes on to say:Freeze.com has long been known to bundler adware/spyware with its so-called free screensavers. The domain is on a number of block lists and HOSTS files. Just for fun I downloaded the same screensaver that StopBadware named, Waterfalls 3. I was unable to complete the installation because my unpatched XP virtual machine apparently was lacking a component needed, but I still managed to get 5 new desktop icons. Free goodies like wallpaper, screensavers and smileys have a long standing reputation for bundling adware/spyware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48546/freezecom-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

i have windows vista. I got on candystand.com and tried to play a game call minigolf classic and it will not load. a white screen comes up with a small box in the upper left hand corner with an X in it. I can play other games on that website, just not that one. Candystand help center said they have detected funweb products on my pc and told me to delete it. No matter what i do, funweb keeps coming back. I was even told to get some sort of virus removal thing off the internet that would remove funweb forever but it didnt work either. What can I do?

A:funweb products

I would suggest moving this thread to the security forums (i will do that) for better help. The x thing means the link is broken to a file that it should be seeing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/funweb-products.869192/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I m not sure if this is the place where I can ask this question but I guess Foreign Products I ll ask away anyways If I buy a CPU from another country would it work here in North America For example I bought a CPU in Hong Kong When I return to North America from Hong Kong would it be possible if I put the CPU into my hard drive and have it work perfectly along with the other products that are actually Foreign Products bought here in North America It seems like a stupid question but whatever lol I m so inexperienced with computers gt lt I m wondering if anyone has actually done this and it would be great if anyone who has actually done this could give a comment on this By the way it doesn t have to be CPUs I just used CPUs as an example It can be other products such as mobos chipsets memory rams video cards and so on Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Foreign Products

Put it this way
Dell's main operation is in Malaysia

Actually most computer parts come from Asia somewhere
All parts are universal, except Power Supplies with the 115V 230V switch (you just need to confirm it's on the right setting before turning it on.

There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/foreign-products.112513/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,

I think someone has hacked into my pc or is trying to so I need a group of compatible products I can use. I am using Windows Defender, Avg, Spyware Blaster and I am going to download MBAM AND sPYBOT. I heard that Windows Firewall is not so good. What is the best free firewall that's easy to use? I am thinking Zone Alarm or Comodo. Are they compatible with what I have so far? HELP PLEASE!

A:Compatible Products

As a general rule, using more than one anti-spyware program like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SuperAntispyware, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, etc will not conflict with each other or your anti-virus if using only one of them for real time protection and others as stand-alone scanners. In fact, doing so increases your protection coverage without causing the same kind of conflicts or affecting the stability of your system that can occur when using more than one anti-virus. The overlap of protection from using different signature databases will aid in detection and removal of more threats when scanning your system for malware. However, if using all their real-time resident shields (TeaTimer, Ad-Watch, MBAM Protection Module, Spyware Terminator Shields, etc) together at the same time, there can be conflicts when each application tries to compete for resources and exclusive rights to perform an action. Additionally, competing tools may even provide redundant alerts which can be annoying and/or confusing. FYI: mvps.org is no longer recommending Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware due to poor testing results. See here - (scroll down and read under Freeware Antispyware Products) Further, most people don't understand Spybot's TeaTimer or how to use it and that feature can cause more problems than it's worth. TeaTimer monitors changes to certain critical keys in Windows registry but does not indicate if the change is normal or a modification made by a malware infection. The user must have an understanding of the registry and how TeaTimer works in order to make informed decisions to allow or deny the detected changes. Additionally, TeaTimer may conflict with other security tools which do a much better job of protecting your computer and even prevent disinfection of malware by those tools.More effective alternatives are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware Free.How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computerHow to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computerWindows XP firewall protects against port scanning but has limitations and it is no replacement for a robust 3rd-party two-way personal firewall.The XP firewall is not a full featured firewall. Normal firewalls allow you to specifically control each TCP and UDP port but XP?s firewall does not provide you with this capability. Instead, it takes a point and click approach to enabling or disabling a few common ports.The XP firewall does a good job of monitoring, examining and blocking inbound traffic but makes no attempt to filter or block outbound traffic like most 3rd-party personal firewalls.Thus, the XP firewall does not identify which programs attempt to initiate outbound network or Internet communications nor does it block the traffic when suspicious activity occurs.This feature can be helpful in preventing many types of malware attacks that may attempt to open ports or communicate with outside servers without the user's knowledge or consent. It also means that if your system has been compromised, a hacker could use your machine as part of a distributed denial of service attack.By default, Windows Firewall rejects all incoming traffic unless that traffic is in response to a previous outgoing request. If you're running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Firewall is turned on by default. If your Firewall is not turned on by default, then your using an unpatched OS and need to update your system to SP2.Windows Vista Firewall offers two-way filtering for better security but its the bare minimum and still limited. By default, most outbound filtering is turned off (outbound connections are allowed) and inbound filtering is turned on (inbound connections are blocked). Configuration is confusing and there is no practical way to to configure outbound filtering to stop all unwanted outbound connections. You can only turn inbound filtering on or off, and through the various tabs, configure how inbound filtering works. Windows 7 Firew... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307400/compatible-products/
Relevancy 36.55%

If you have one of the Lenovo Products above tablets notebooks you need to go to the url attached below and download Lenovo Products the removal tool and run it This is not a scam it is directly from AVG to all its customers According to Lenovo Superfish may have been pre-installed on the following models E Series G Series S Series U Series Y Series Z Series Edge Series Flex Series MIIX Series YOGA Series E - G G G G - G - G - G - G - G - G - S S S Lenovo Products - S S Touch S S - S - Touch U P U P U Touch U Touch U Touch Y P Y - Y - Y - Y - Z - Z - Z - Z - Z - Edge Flex D Flex D Flex Flex Flex Pro Flex MIIX - MIIX - MIIX - MIIX YOGA Pro- YOGA - YOGA - YOGA Pro Source Lenovo AVG How to remove Superfish

A:Lenovo Products

Yes! It came with my Lenovo! and as soon as I downloaded Avast and Malwarebyte anti-malware they removed it!
I was thinking.. wtf? A brand new laptop! no way it's an actual malware.
But after a few weeks with my Lenovo laptop, I realized that if they make such a low quality device in terms of hardware and materials, they probably don't care about software as well.
I will never buy Lenovo again, hope you do so as well, horrible warranty, no wonder it's only for 1 year.
This was my first experience of "You get what you pay for", next time I will stick with the better companies even if it will cost me a few more bucks.

* I was thinking maybe the best way would be to create an installation media directly from Microsoft website and install a clean Windows 8.1? Shouldn't it work as well? I mean, my laptop came with so many junk softwares that I wonder if some other malwares are hidden there. . .unbelievable

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62295-lenovo-products.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I was wondering if these products are recommended and safe. They are:

Game Booster
Smart Defrag
Advanced SystemCare Pro
IObit Security 360 Pro

All of those are Iobit and are they reliable?

Thank You!

A:Are these products safe?

Stay away from those IObit programs. And stay away from clean/optimize/boost/tuneup type programs, especially the ones that access the registry. They do little to nothing to improve speed and performance. What they can do is break programs and damage the operating system.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-products-safe.955692/
Relevancy 36.55%

To all SVP goods of products Scanners SVP and other SVP any description owners If I was you I d SVP Scanners and other SVP products do what I ve done after SVP Scanners and other SVP products the company did not acknowledge my emails quot of them in total quot I dumped their unreliable PS scanner The software kept locking up every time I exited the programme The photo editing software was not much different either I got partway through editing a photo and up pops a message that because it as experienced some difficulties it needs to close down out of attempts at editing a photo I managed and that was only because I did it in a very short space of time the longer I took the worse it s performance got I have never been so angry and frustrated with any thing as much as I have been with this pile of crap and the worse part about it I have paid for it Mind you it says it all don t it look on the side of the box it s made in china and the software is from Singapore yet on the side of the box it says preserve your slides and photo s I would if it would work properly So best advice is don t buy any SVP Producta because the after sales service is rubbish and none existent http b tsgstatic com smilies mad gif nbsp

A:SVP Scanners and other SVP products

Those are well-known junk scanners.
Quality = crap.

Anything under $100 is pretty much rubbish for scanning slides/negatives.
Even under $200 is hard to find anything decent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svp-scanners-and-other-svp-products.999927/
Relevancy 36.12%

New products released are-

AVG Anti-Virus FREE 2012
AVG Internet Security 2012
AVG Anti-Virus 2012

Whats New-

In AVG Anti-Virus 2012

AVG Advisor
30% fewer processes
50% faster scans
Takes up to 40% less memoryClick to expand...

In AVG Internet Security 2012

AVG Accelerator
AVG Advisor
30% fewer processes
50% faster scans
Takes up to 40% less memoryClick to expand...

Link --> Product/Download page

A:AVG 2012 products released

Cheers for the notice.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-2012-products-released.3355/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi tech guys and gals. Has anyone come across Next-Gen Network Security: Firewall, Mobile, Web, Email, Endpoint Antivirus, Encryption, VPN, Server, Storage and Wireless Protection | sophos.com where all Sophos products are listed? Is this site security legitimate and reliable or not? Please don't discard this inquisition as I am far from totalling understanding or even knowing which security sites/software is legitimate and/or reliable. Don't even know how to test security stuff for that matter.

But like anyone else, I need to pick the right free tools I can depend on to SECURE my sensitive files from prying eyes in my work environment that encompasses quite a lots and involves open use of peers' computers.

Hope anyone would be kind enough to give me some pointers too beside this kind and humble "need-to-know" thing above.

Best regards to you all and God Bless,

Zeamann.

A:Is It legitimate = SOPHOS PRODUCTS

I did get a interesting popup that the site uses cookies control ?
If your looking for specific tools...
You might post what your looking for and possibly some creatable tools can be posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/302034-legitimate-sophos-products.html
Relevancy 36.12%

TechSpot?s 8-step Malware Removal advises:

Uninstall any older versions of Java except the most current update.Click to expand...

Now, in my case, in addition to the latest Java 6 Update 20, I also have
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 1, which is quite big, 117 MB, see below:

Java say that J2SE has reached the end of its service life on November 3, 2009:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

It then offers for download JDK 5.0 as the last publicly available release of J2SE 5.0.

Can some expert clarify what is happening with these different names and products? To help, I pose specific questions:

1 What is the difference between Java itself and J2SE?
2 If I have the latest Java, do I also need J2SE?
3 What is the difference between J2SE and JDK?
4 Do I need to download JDK?

A:Java Versions and Products

Don't install anything you don't need. What software are you running that requires J2SE?
You do need Java 20 because so many pieces of software require it. I would leave the version you have J2SE 5.0, and download, but not install, the latest update in the event you need it later.
But we cannot tell what you need without knowing all your installed software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/java-versions-and-products.146743/
Relevancy 36.12%

When I try to run any of the AOA DVD products, I get a message immediately after double clicking that the program has stopped working, and when I look at the problem details, I get:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AoADVDRipper.exe
Application Version: 5.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 494cecc9
Fault Module Name: StackHash_6bc7
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 02f1ab5c
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6bc7
Additional Information 2: f3f6a1403802118ada460cd45530935b
Additional Information 3: 6477
Additional Information 4: d34edb9b57aa7d1aac3252e1a9591198

I have added the program to the list to allow for DEP, and have also tried running it in XP Compatibilty mode. The support people for AOA have no idea what is wrong. If anyone can give me a hand, it will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Drew

http://www.vistax64.com/software/202790-vista-error-using-aoa-dvd-products.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hiya Stickying this for a week or so A vulnerability was discovered in the ICQ instant messaging protocol parsing routines of the ISS Protocol Analysis Module PAM component The PAM Parsing in ISS Vulnerability Products in ICQ module is a shared component of all current ISS host server and network protection software and devices The flaw relates to Vulnerability in ICQ Parsing in ISS Products incorrect parsing of Vulnerability in ICQ Parsing in ISS Products the ICQ protocol which may lead to a buffer overflow condition Affected Versions RealSecure Network XPU and before Vulnerability in ICQ Parsing in ISS Products RealSecure Server Sensor XPU and before RealSecure Server Sensor for Windows SR and before Proventia A Series XPU and before Proventia G Series XPU and before Proventia M Series XPU and before RealSecure Desktop ebl and before RealSecure Desktop ecf and before RealSecure Guard ecf and before RealSecure Sentry ecf and before BlackICE Agent for Server ecf and before BlackICE PC Protection ccf and before BlackICE Server Protection ccf and before Impact The vulnerability is caused by insufficient size checks on certain protocol fields in ICQ response data After examining the nature of this vulnerability ISS X-Force believes that exploitation of this issue is possible It would not be necessary for ICQ response data to be part of a legitimate ICQ session to trigger this issue Description The Protocol Analysis Module PAM facilitates the parsing of network protocols in order to perform further analysis and attack detection ICQ is a popular instant messaging application developed by ICQ Inc a subsidiary of America Online In order to detect attacks targeting instant messaging software PAM parses several IM protocols including ICQ There is incomplete boundary checking when parsing certain protocol fields embedded within ICQ response data As a result it may be possible for a remote attacker to cause memory corruption with the potential for remote exploitation Recommendations ISS X-Force recommends that customers immediately update to the latest releases provided by ISS These updates contain a fix for this issue ISS has already made the following updates available to remedy this vulnerability RealSecure Network XPU RealSecure Server Sensor XPU Proventia A Series XPU Proventia G Series XPU Proventia M Series XPU RealSecure Desktop ebm RealSecure Desktop ecg RealSecure Guard ecg RealSecure Sentry ecg BlackICE Agent for Server ecg RealSecure Server Sensor for Windows SR The following updates will soon be made available BlackICE PC Protection ccg BlackICE Server Protection ccg Updates are available from the ISS Download Center http www iss net download While deploying the updates it may be advisable to block some ICQ traffic in network environments where the ICQ protocol is not in use This can be achieved by blocking UDP packets with a source port of at the network perimeter http xforce iss net xforce alerts id Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vulnerability-in-icq-parsing-in-iss-products.212941/
Relevancy 36.12%

Are Adobe products safe?.

-- Tom

A:Are Adobe products safe?

Overall, I think Arkin has a good grasp of the task at hand, and I sure don't envy his job. I did find a few of his remarks about "few" users of Flash or Acrobat being infected unless they had fallen behind on patches to a little disingenuous, though.

There are certainly alternative products (like Foxit) that have avoided virtually all the security problems of Acrobat, and so I generally just avoid Acrobat. Unfortunately, even the best alternatives to the Flash Player that I've seen are definitely not ready for prime time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-adobe-products-safe.905262/
Relevancy 36.12%

Similar to issue described in post 2217462 I tried the suggestions there I cannot get it to accept a model 6369 type 62M. I have tried:Chrome 48.xFirefox 44.xIE 8.x Values:6369-62M636962M6369and any other logical combo from aboveThe serial number entered is 7 chars without the "-" (even though I tried with a dash "-" too).I can supply privately if support person would like to test it.Error message is "Please input the right machine type" from http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/myaccount?id=2# Why is this so difficult and how do I fix it?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Can-not-add-my-Thinkpad-T60-to-My-Products-wrong-type-though-it/td-p/2277442
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

My mom's laptop has problems with popups ect. I scanned with AVG Anti Virus and Malware bytes. So far I havn't gotten rid of everything.
HP Pavilian G6 64 bit
Windows 7
I have it running the Malware bytes right now (3rdtime) and it finds:
C:user/owner/appdata/local/micrsoft/windtemp/internet files/contentie5/05yxa794/gasclance.exe

C:Windows svchost.exe
C:windows svchost.exe

Please any help is apreciated!
Tam

A:Generic29.dfs and PUPIFUNWEB Products

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465896/generic29dfs-and-pupifunweb-products/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there I am looking to upgrade my pc a bit not to much just a bit, please tell witch ram is best for gaming purpose mostly....

DDR3-1333 - Corsair DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX Memory Module Kit : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

or

DDR3-1333 - Mushkin DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) Silverline Stiletto Memory Module Kit : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

And then I want to buy this motherboard is this a good board or not?
Intel Socket 775 - Asus P5G41C-M LX IG41 Motherboard w/A8 + G + LK + SATA3 : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

Let me just say the current board I have is a Gigabyte G31M-ES2C, only reason I want to buy this new board is because of ram I want faster and more ram

Thanks guys would really appreciate it.....

A:Need professional advice on these products

As far as I know, the ram you listed are both good brands. I do not know about the motherboard. You should also check Asus web site for the QVL list to make sure the ram is compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182593-need-professional-advice-these-products.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

No free advertising here!

A:Cheap Pinnacle products

Obviously, you didn't read the forum rules, hopefully a mod will be along directly to show you the door.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cheap-pinnacle-products.238473/
Relevancy 36.12%

Fun web products program is automatically downloaded into My C drive> program files folder.
also another program Bitlord is alos getting downloading to programs folder.
i have deleted these 2 folders from programs folder several times.
i cant see these in controlpanel>add/remove programs.or
Task manager>programs running.
can u pls give me advise how to delete these 2 permanently.

Relevancy 36.12%

hi guys!!!
i m not a real pro in computer security area but from what i have learnt through experience ,blogs and all i think following is the best FREE security products combination....
1) avira free antivirus
2) pc tools threat fire
3) comodo firewall...
i know that for using threat fire and comodo firewall in advanced mode u need some extra knowledge ...but stilll....
what u guys think...??
any other good combinations??

Relevancy 36.12%

It is my understanding that the makers of Freemake products are asking it's users on their Facebook page to bombard Lifehacker with emails asking them to do a review of it's products this post is to the contrary I have sent an email and am asking Lifehacker NOT to do a review on it for the following reasons Freemake products come bundled with crapware even though one can opt out of the crapware services Freemake products installs WinPCap exe as a separate program without the knowledge or consent of the user In order to install any Freemake product one must download the downloader wade through all the crapware and either accept or deny Video Products Freemake each one after which the downloader downloads and runs the installer separately this is where WinPCap gets installed without ones knowledge this is underhanded because WinPCap is not needed at all and Freemake Video Products has nothing to do with any the softwares functionality WinPCap is a network packet sniffer and only has two uses one being is that if you are a network administrator doing a traffic Freemake Video Products study or second you are running Wire Shark Any other use of WinPCap is Freemake Video Products nefarious Emsisoft Emergency Kit picks up this version of WinPCap as a trojan and a severe risk It is totally up to you as to whether you use their products or not personally I would not until Freemake repackages it's download without the downloader without the crapware and without WinPCap and offers their software with a straight forward downloadable executable I have tested their software there is absolutely no need whatsoever for WinPCap to be installed with any of their software they all work fine without it the only reason I can see myself for the WinPCap install is that Freemake is trying to capture it's users traffic

A:Freemake Video Products

If you still have the EXE, could you upload it to here so we could see what else flags this?

https://www.virustotal.com/en/

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293846-freemake-video-products.html
Relevancy 36.12%

At some point I have pressed the 'receive updates for other products' on the Windows Update panel. I now have half a dozen updates for Office 2007 waiting for installation. I do not have Office 2007 - I do have Office 2000 and Works, so I don't see any point in downloading and installing these updates.
I have tried hiding the updates, but because they are 'important' they reappear.

Is there any way of deselecting the 'other products' option so I go back to only checking for Windows updates?

A:Stopping updates for other products

1) Did you buy the machine or build it? If you bought it, are you sure you don't have a trial version of Office 2007 somewhere hidden there?

2) to change back - Windows Update --> Change settings (left hand side) --> Scroll down to bottom and uncheck Use Microsoft Update.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/162096-stopping-updates-other-products.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have no idea who this guy is and quite frankly he doesn't seem all that bright, but he did throw a bunch of malicious links at 3 top free AV products and the results were very interesting.

Avast the clear winner in these tests. Avira was plain awful, while MSE didn't fair very well either:

MSE:

Avira:

Avast:

A:Free AV Products Competition

First thing I notice is that he is using XP, whatever ramifications of that are.

Second, he is using the default settings. Again, that is worth considering

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/59765-free-av-products-competition.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I found a nice surprise last night - - Microsoft saves your product downloads AND you may reuse it.

Sign in to your Microsoft account and access:
https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayDownloadHistoryPage​and there's the list.

So what? Well after the HD took a dump, I had to reinstall a ton of stuff and Steets & Trips was lost. I was very pleased to get another copy whereas Streets & Trips has been withdrawn and MS wants us to use Bing Maps in its place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloading-products-from-microsoft.210779/
Relevancy 36.12%

have registered all of my HP products, is there somewhere where I can view a list of them? Quite awhile back I used to be able to go to "my products" but cannot find that tab on the HP site.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:how can I get a list of my registered HP Products

Hello Pamap13,

I understand you want to view your registered HP products is that correct? I will help provide you the information you need.

Here is a link that will take you to the login page. If you don?t remember your username or password there will be a forgotten option below both boxes that will help you locate the information.

If I have been helpful or if you?d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-can-I-get-a-list-of-my-registered-HP-Products/td-p/2515471
Relevancy 36.12%

I am running Windows XP. A couple weeks ago, I realized I could no longer use PhotoDeluxe. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck. Now, I realize I can no longer use Acrobat Reader which is really a problem! I downloaded version 6 online and it will not open.

I do have Norton Systemworks installed on this computer. I know it does some crazy things sometimes....

Thanks

A:Cannot access Adobe products..at all!

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago and had to set permissions in the registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-adobe-products-at-all.252069/
Relevancy 36.12%

I downloaded Office 2010 trial version and installed on my PC running Vista Ultimate X32.
I get the following error message when trying to run ANY of the office programs:
"This file does not have a program association with it for performing
this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel".
Checked the associations in "Default programs", file associations for ppt and pps types
are Microsoft Powerpoint. however, the programs stop after giving the error message.
How can I overcome this problem ?

A:Powerpoint & other office products

I found a solution that worked in Microsoft KB .
The link is

Prevent "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." error starting Access

and it worked.
Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/298036-powerpoint-other-office-products.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Recently installed Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended. Within installation the pack install adobe toolkit, bridge, stock photos, device central.

Anyway to uninstall those products that I do not need?

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All.

I am looking at buying a new CPU( will need new motherboard and possibly RAM ).

I am currently looking at the AMD FX4100/6100 AM3+ Bulldozer CPU.
Ive looked at a review here and it is a lower end CPU( which is okay, it will definitely be faster then what i currently have ).

The motherboard choices i have are: A75MA-G55, A75A-G35 and A75A-G55.
well that's what the person that i emailed said i that they can get and would work with said CPU.

What are your thoughts and recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 36.12%

Just wondering if anybody has tried any of the Norman security products and what they thought of them

Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anybody-used-norman-security-products.800064/
Relevancy 36.12%

Spybot has found funweb products, and cannot remove it. It says it is in use.
The registry key it displays is in the attachment.
How can I remove this from the PC?

Relevancy 36.12%

I don't understand what's happening. I got a spyware called Antispy soft and I immediately recognized it as a virus and removed it using Norton. This malware pretended to be a legitimate antivirus software and somehow prevented me from using google chrome, gmail notifier, and google desktops. Now it's removed, I still cannot connect to those applications, I can connect to the Internet and google fine on Firefox, and I have not set my Firewall to block google or anything. Any time I use these google applications, they say things like "unable to connect" "web page cannot be displayed"

What's going on? I really would appreciate any help or insight.
Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316176/unable-to-use-any-google-products/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am using a windows8 x64 version.. i installed 3ds max and worked well for days, but now when i open it it says 3ds max has stopped working.. Also when i install adobe cs5 suite some applications were unable to install.. I also tried installing after effects cs4.. but at middle of installation it says after effect has stopped working..
So can you guys please help me?? its so URGENT!!

A:Cant install any adobe products?? help plz!!!

Ask in the Windows 8 forum Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221092-cant-install-any-adobe-products-help-plz.html
Relevancy 36.12%

i've been looking at a few but no luck other then antivirus products i just want to help thats all

A:Testing beta products

Test the Avast! product for bugs for [email protected] lot of users have bugs in stable version aswell.forum.avast.com/index.php

https://malwaretips.com/threads/testing-beta-products.61822/
Relevancy 36.12%

The other day I purchased a Netgear Router plus a Netgear Wireless Card The router is connected to my main PC throught the cable whilst the card is in my laptop However despite installing as per the instructions I cant get a connection to last more than a few minutes on my laptop PC is fine I dont understand at all why this is Netgear Products Wireless All the signal is very low even though I am not that far Netgear Wireless Products away from the router about m The Netgear program rather than the Windows wireless conectivity wizard gets a connection then researches and I lose the connection and nothing will load and I have to reinsert the card and wait a minute for it to connect again This is extremely annoying Also one of the netgear dll files has disabled the xp welcome screen meaning I have the xp pro login interface which I dont want This is turning out to be a huge disappoint can anyone offer any help Thanks nbsp