Windows Support Forum

Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Q: Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 81.22%

Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse I ve pushed the reset button on the bottom tried restarting my computer and tried mouse...left working Logitech button wireless stops using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself Starting today the left button stopped working The right button works fine The batteries are new The scroll wheel works fine The pointer works fine I tried it again and suddenly it Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working was working then the next time I went to click on something it stopped again I just got it for christmas what could be wrong The only thing I can possibly think of is that my month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i ll have to buy a new one So help me if you can If not no worries I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one nbsp

A:Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-left-button-stops-working.569459/
Relevancy 80.91%

Well... Thats about it. My left click was working and then all of a sudden. BANG. stopped. Moving the mouse with the touchpad and using the mousepad to left click still works as does the right click button on the touchpad. Any solutions?

A:Left Mouse Click on Laptop Touchpad stopped working

I assume you have checked your settings in Control Panel > Mouse Properties?

It will save a lot of time if you can determine whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem.
Try this: Download a copy of UBUNTU. Put this on a USB stick. Boot from the USB stick and choose to Run The Program (you do not need to install it on your hard drive). Then check to see if the mousepad works OK in UBUNTU. If it does then it is a Windows/Software problem. If it doesn't then it is a defective mousepad.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu
How to create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335280-left-mouse-click-laptop-touchpad-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hello.
I've been using my Logitech M185 for 3 months now without any problems. Until today. Scroll click isn't working any more. The scroll is still working though - I can scroll up and down through pages. I've tested it with my PC and the problem persists. What could be causing this? If it matters - I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Thank you.

A:Solved: Scroll click not working on Logitech mouse

Does it work if you press down hard? I had the same problem with my mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scroll-click-not-working-on-logitech-mouse.1035708/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hope I don't have to buy a new set right now, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I am a huge fan of the right-click function of the mouse.

Yesterday morning, it was working fine, but later in the day the right-click action quit working. No response at all. The left button, wheel, and other buttons are working fine. I use the right button a lot, did I say A LOT? Mainly for cut-and-paste (at least it was, yesterday.)
Keyboard is working fine, also. Batteries are good. Signal is good. I suspect I wore the little guy out.

Suggestions? or, recommendations for replacement. I like the "comfort keyboard" in this set. The curvature is not as pronounced as the earlier Microsoft Natural keyboards. Not split in the middle.

Thanks for listening to me whine. BTW, running Windows XP Home, in case that matters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-desktop-6000-mouse-right-click-stopped-working.678349/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

A:Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27993-logitech-wireless-mouse-crazy-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 99.76%

(first of all,the left click of my mouse is the dominent click,not the right click)
the left click of the mouse is NOT working when left-clicking a desktop icon. the right click will work on the desktop icons.

additionally,the mouse is about 1 year old , a couple of days ago fell apart a bit,and the left click WILL WORK when surfing on the internet.

Relevancy 94.6%

I have a customer who swears up and down that of the time during the day when he is working the left click function of his mouse does not work To make this even stranger it only occurs in the upper right hand corner of the Mouse Issue Weird Left Mouse Wireless - Click screen when trying to close applications or minimize Weird Mouse Left Click Issue - Wireless Mouse I have not been able to reliably duplicate although I have had it happen to me but I do not sit in front of the computer all day Weird Mouse Left Click Issue - Wireless Mouse either He has a Logitech wireless mouse which I have updated the drivers for We also tried new batteries At this time we are trying a standard corded Microsoft Mouse to see if that solves his issue I will post back in a few days if that resolves the issue Has anyone else ever heard of this issue have a solution I told him to drink after work not before not sure if that will help or not Any input would be appreciated Thanks John nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-mouse-left-click-issue-wireless-mouse.789696/
Relevancy 94.6%

I m unsure of why this started in all honesty - it was working earlier today and out of nowhere it stopped working I frequently use the right click and I do know that the switches tend to give out after a good while To make sure it wasn t the function itself I switched the left right click functions through the control panel and the function worked fine I ve also tested another mouse temporarily using it to make sure it s not my computer I m just wondering - based off of this is my suspicion of a failing switch probable On another note my keyboard seems to be quot slowing down quot a bit I haven t toyed with the settings to speed up or slow down anything but when I hold down a key it takes longer to repeat it than it was earlier before the right click gave out They are both wireless Logitech hardware items - could the problem lie in the receiver This is really bothering me Logitech Mouse (+keyboard) Right - Wireless Click? - help s appreciated I don t find it TOO important in this case but I m running on XP p nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-right-click-keyboard.635446/
Relevancy 94.17%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I was using it fine last night perfectly. Now it just doesn't move at all............ It's pissing me off. I am so happy with it and now it just doesn't work. Everything is turned on like it was last night and it just doesn't work. I have no idea what would of caused this.

How do I forcefully install the driver software for it? Maybe it got deleted somehow...

Thanks,
Mike

A:Logitech G7 Mouse just stopped working.

Have you checked the battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-mouse-just-stopped-working.624801/
Relevancy 93.31%

I hope this topic is in the correct forum.

I have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 which was brand new when purchased at the end of December. I was using it fine until yesterday, when I went to click the IE shortcut and noticed it wasn't working. Everything else works (hover, point, scroll) just the left click button has stopped functioning. The mouse is clean.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks!

A:The left click button just stopped working...? Help?

Hi and welcome

Maybre try some of these suggestions? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-left-click-button-just-stopped-working-help.1045596/
Relevancy 92.88%

Model is CE M525.

The batteries are brand new. It's been working great for 2 years. I brought the mouse and receiver to my work place, plugged it it, it downloaded the software immediately and worked all day. I brought my laptop to a friend's house, and the mouse worked great. All of my USP ports work great with other devices; i.e., external HD, flash drive, printer, etc.

The only change I have made was I bought a new NetGear router.

I looked at Printers and Devices and it is showing up and says "this device is working properly. But the cursor will not move.

Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Logitech Wirless Mouse stopped working

If possible (maybe using a different mouse) try pairing the mouse and receiver using the Unified software.

Which computer has this problem, the HP dv6 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wirless-mouse-stopped-working.1136546/
Relevancy 92.02%

After using attempting to livestream using OBS Open Broadcaster Software I tried ending the stream by clicking quot stop streaming quot but I noticed it wasn't working I thought maybe my computer was just playing up I hoped not it's days old so I just pressed Alt-F to close OBS After of after working OBS not using Left my click mouse not getting a response from any left clicks I shut down my computer thinking OBS was still running in the background and it was somehow interfering When I logged back in to my PC I then realised that infact I was just not able to left click After trying to uninstall some programs to see if this would fix the issue I got out my spare mouse and that one worked perfectly I tried sfc scannow uninstalled all my recently installed programs Left click of my mouse not working after using OBS un-installed my anti-virus and Razer Synapse I read somewhere that conflicting software may be causing a problem so in the end I decided to restore Windows and still my left click would not work However when I re-bound left click to my button on the mouse it worked fine After all that Left click of my mouse not working after using OBS I finally considered that my mouse might actually be broken So I plugged it into a laptop to see if the left click was working and it wasn't The timing seemed all too perfect for the reason to simply be that my mouse button is no longer working and I read through multiple troubleshooting articles and forum posts from people with similar problems but none of the solutions provided worked

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64171-left-click-my-mouse-not-working-after-using-obs.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support my problem is i have lost the left click on mouse left working not click my mouse i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality if i return to left click the right left mouse click not working button still has its correct functions i have had this problem before after an update and system restore sorted it but this did not work this time as i cannot find an early enough restore point in settings i've tried deleting wireless sender and mouse a couple of times to force reinstall the operation was sucssessfull but no change in mouse button problem using the m soft troubleshooter page i've left mouse click not working found out my particular mouse m soft wireless laser mouse is not supported in win and i should be using the intellipoint drivers however windows is using the keyboard and mouse center drivers and when i try to reinstall intellipoint i get the message quot unable to install as later version installed quot i need to manually turn off uninstall the keyboard mouse center somehow to reinstall the intellipoint drivers i've followed various tutorials m soft and web but i cannot find one only that only uses keystrokes or does not involve both mouse buttons i've only got your left button or right button if i revert setting but not both at the same time I've tried system scan and heath restore and creating second account without win reporting any problems and cc reg scan again no problems which is why i'm convinced that this is driver problem because windows is looking at the driver and saying this is the latest driver no problem certain the mouse does function as i've had this problem before and i really don't want to spend - on a new mouse for something that can be sorted for free in software thanks for any help you can offer neild

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52919-left-mouse-click-not-working.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support my problem is not click working mouse left i have lost the left click on my mouse i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality if i return to left click the right button still has its correct functions i have had this problem before after an update and system restore sorted it but this did not work this time as i cannot find an early enough restore point in settings i've tried deleting wireless sender and mouse a couple of times to force reinstall the operation was sucssessfull but no change in mouse button problem using the m soft troubleshooter left mouse click not working page i've found out my particular mouse m soft wireless laser mouse is not supported in win and i should be left mouse click not working using the intellipoint drivers however windows is using the keyboard and mouse center drivers and when i try to reinstall intellipoint i get the message quot unable to install as later version installed quot i need to manually left mouse click not working turn off uninstall the keyboard mouse center somehow to reinstall the intellipoint drivers i've followed various tutorials m soft and web but i cannot find one only that only uses keystrokes or does not involve both mouse buttons i've only got your left button or right button if i revert setting but not both at the same time I've tried system scan and heath restore and creating second account without win reporting any problems and cc reg scan again no problems which is why i'm convinced that this is driver problem because windows is looking at the driver and saying this is the latest driver no problem certain the mouse does function as i've had this problem before and i really don't want to spend - on a new mouse for something that can be sorted for free in software thanks for any help you can offer neild

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52919-left-mouse-click-not-working.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am running Windows 7. My left mouse will not work unless I hold dowm Ctrl Key. What is the problem?

A:left click mouse not working

Try this.
Press the Win key and type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
In the Device Manager screen, uninstall the Mouse
Reboot and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-click-mouse-not-working.1096768/
Relevancy 92.02%

Just got back from vacation everything worked prior to that but I try logging into windows and when prompted to select profile I am unable to after a while I finally get it in but can't select anything on desktop either After a while I start using my keyboard so I find out it isn't my PC that is freezing or anything as it works fine I then switch out my mouse for another one and get the same thing Basically the cursor works but when I click open areas icons or just click on buttons I get no response same with right click I have had some moments for a few minutes where it worked but have really on working Mouse 7 on not Click Right/Left Win no idea why it works and why it doesnt Right now I can use the right and left click buttons on my taskbar but at the same time when I go above that nothing Eg can click icons and right click taskbar options but Right/Left Click on Mouse not working on Win 7 desktop icons and everything don't work Both wore wired mouses I mainly use G wired mouse

A:Right/Left Click on Mouse not working on Win 7

ok, ugh its just randomly working and not working in certain areas, just updated to newest setpoint, RIght now I have AIM open and when I press sign in it doesn't nothing, and taskbar isn't working, on the other hand now I can click on anything on my desktop and it seems to open, but cannot use the buttons to do anything when I get in

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/right-left-click-on-mouse-not-working-on-win-7-a-511606.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, I installed a new optical mouse and keyboard and it was working great for 2 months. Then all of a sudden they both stopped at the same time. I tried replacing the batteries and then I connected them to another computer and they worked fine. I switched USB ports. Still the same on my PC. Ive searched high and low for some answers. Does anyone have any ideas? I am running XP. Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 91.16%

I believe my problems after I installed Lubuntu and Windows 7 in a dual boot. After a few weeks, I decided to remove Lubuntu, and keep Windows 7.

I noticed that my left button takes a few clicks to register. I reinstalled the drivers, but it persists. Sometimes, it works well, you won't know there is a problem, other times, it's frustrating. I don't want to reinstall Windows 7. Would it be possible to fix this issue without reinstalling Windows 7?

I also did a little Googling before I posted, I didn't find anything that helped me.

For reference I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit, and the mouse is fairly new, it's a Microsoft basic optical mouse.

A:Left Click on Mouse Not Working Correctly

First thing to try is a new mouse.

As a shot in the dark, try an sfc scan
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388583-left-click-mouse-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Earlier today the left click button stopped working on my Microsoft Comfort 3000 optical mouse. Since then, the left click function has started to work again for a few minutes of time, but then goes back to not working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and had no effect. I have set my right click to act as a left click, and that works fine. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

My computer is an HP desktop running Windows Vista.

A:Left Click Not Working on Optical Mouse

Cosmia said:

Earlier today the left click button stopped working on my Microsoft Comfort 3000 optical mouse. Since then, the left click function has started to work again for a few minutes of time, but then goes back to not working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and had no effect. I have set my right click to act as a left click, and that works fine. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

My computer is an HP desktop running Windows Vista.Click to expand...

Welcome onto the boards there...

I have 3 of these 3000 series mice. My wireless router interferes with the mouse response (same radio frequency 2.4Ghz). I had to buy an 18" USB extension line, and let the antennae just lay on the floor beside the computer. Before that, my left clicks, and double clicks were hit and miss...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-click-not-working-on-optical-mouse.933215/
Relevancy 91.16%

My Left Mouse Click is working too fast .I have installed the latest drivers even with speed slowed down in control panel mouse works too fast when clicked once it acts as if double click. Is there any solution for this my earlier mouse acted the same way then I had to change it. But now this new Logitech mouse m100 is working same way only few months old.

A:Left Mouse Click working too fast

Sounds like it in the settings of the mouse software not the actual mouse itself. I would recheck the settings of the mouse and reset to default and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271243-left-mouse-click-working-too-fast.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I can't use my computer because the the left and right clicks aren't working!!!!! Helppppppp!!!!!

A:Mouse pad not working! Left and right click is out of order,

have you disabled the mouse pad at all
theres often a F key at the top of the keyboard can enable / disable the mouse pad - see if thats enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-pad-not-working-left-and-right-click-is-out-of-order.1129014/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello

I was on the internet today, when suddenly my mouse stopped working. The left button would not work, but the right button did.

The model i have is a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A. I bought it with a keyboard, both devices are wireless, and use a desktop receiver (Model info: http://www.komusa.com/miwikewiopmo.html)

I have already used Microsoft's Mouse Troubleshooter, but nothing worked. It told me to uninstall the driver, but that never worked.

I am running on Windows XP S2, with multiple users, for now i have "switched the primary and secondary buttons" so i can only use the right mouse button to select.

What should i do? if i have to purchase a new mouse would i also have to replace the keyboard?

Thank You

Relevancy 90.73%

I have a wireless mouse that occasionally stops working. A friend called me with a very similar problem and we went through all the steps that fix mine but no luck. Then I found out that when my friend removes the transceiver it is very hot. I've never experienced this. Has anyone else seen, or felt, this or know the cause? Both are HP laptops running Windows 7, less than a year old, different models

A:Solved: USB Wireless Mouse stopped working

Welcome to TSG
Yes, when I have all 4 USB ports something plugged in, the receiver and all other ports get very hot. Just the receiver alone only gets warm.
Did you replace the battery in the mouse yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-wireless-mouse-stopped-working.985374/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse and I use the wheel button for Universal Scroll. I installed Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive (clean install) about 8 months ago and it worked fine with the built-in drivers. I turned my system on last night and Windows 10 no longer sees the wheel button, the wheel scroll works fine.. I downloaded and installed the latest Logitech SetPoint Software and configured the wheel button but Windows 10 still does not recognize it.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55904-logitech-m310-mouse-wheel-button-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 89.87%

My 7 year old son was playing on Roblox (internet) and all of the sudden the mouse stopped working. "He didn't do anything" he says but trying to get the left mouse button to work is impossible. I have gone into the control panel and changed the settings so that the right button acts like the left, but this still isn't good because now I don't have a right button feature anymore. I try to change it back and then the left doesn't work at all.

I did a system restore to this morning and the problem is still there. There are no new add ins in internet explorer from today either.

HELP!!

A:left mouse button stopped working

Try a different mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-stopped-working.872570/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi guys!

I have a USB mouse and my left click is not working properly, i think it's because of this driver conflict.
Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks for help!

A:Mouse: Left click not working properly due to driver conflict

Well the mouse that you use is a ps/2 - to be sure if is a driver issue ,use'it to a friend computer. Maybe is the mouse.Try to use a usb atacched mouse instead a ps/2 ,and if this won't work then it could be a chipset driver issue.Why chipset and not mouse driver? - because the input signal that you send when you use your mouse is go to a serial gate (strange that -becouse also the keyboard that you use could have the same trouble-but you don't specified), that go untill the processor,and elaborate the signal imput as an electric signal.You could uninstall the specified driver by clicking on the microsoft ps2 mouse and go to (right click) and select the column uninstall.To go on bios and search on harware if the usb ps/2 is enable it could be exagerate since you use the same keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/306085-mouse-left-click-not-working-properly-due-driver-conflict.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi first post EDIT TL DR headset works fine for seconds then turns itself off over and over I have a year old Logitech G USB wireless headset that just stopped working today At around noon I went to an appointment and left the headset unplugged I came home about an hour later headset USB Logitech wireless stopped working G930 to find the headset turned Logitech G930 USB wireless headset stopped working off No surprise there probably ran out of batteries as Logitech G930 USB wireless headset stopped working it was unplugged I turn it on just to check and to my surprise it worked Seven seconds later it beeped to notify me that it had turned off No problem I plugged it in and waited a few minutes turned it on and the same thing happened Seven seconds then off Something to note the seven seconds and working perfectly fine there s no humming or buzzing or screeching noise Logitech G930 USB wireless headset stopped working When it was working normally I could have it turned on while plugged in so I tried it this way and it still powered off after seven seconds This has never happened before I tried all of the normal things rebooted my computer switched to a different USB and tried to use it on a different computer all to no avail The only things I am yet to try is updating reinstalling my drivers which I doubt is the problem seeing as it doesn t work on more than one computer and installing the Logitech headset software which I also doubt is the problem as I ve had this headset for roughly a year and I haven t needed this I ll keep you posted if I find a fix I m downloading the software as I type this - in the meantime does anyone else know of a way I can fix this problem EDIT TL DR headset works fine for seconds then turns itself off over and over nbsp

A:Logitech G930 USB wireless headset stopped working

Update,
I finished installing both the drivers and the software, and it still powers off after seven seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g930-usb-wireless-headset-stopped-working.1153710/
Relevancy 87.72%

hi my mouse right click has stopped working tried another mouse but same issue

A:mouse right click stopped working

First, run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker .Go- Start > Programs > Accessories > Open Command Prompt and type sfc /scannow > Press enter. It should take about 15 mins to run (average)If not fixed, then , download , install and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware , and do a full scan first

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464781/mouse-right-click-stopped-working/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am about to buy a Logitech MK550 combo and wanted to make sure it works on my W8 RTM.

A:Are Logitech wireless mouse/keyboards working?

Hello Rollerdog,

The MX 5500 and the Setpoint software works just fine for me in Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8707-logitech-wireless-mouse-keyboards-working.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a 3 year old compaq laptop running windows xp service pack 2. Every once in a while the left click button stops working. i put in my wireless mouse and use it but i let it sit for a day or two turned off and then it works again, but this time it won't work again. does anyone have any good ideas on how to fix this?

A:Laptop mouse right click stopped working

so i meant that the left click button doesn't work. The left click won't do anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mouse-right-click-stopped-working.545829/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello When I left click I sometimes have to click the button several times for it to respond The right click works perfectly - there are no problems with Click Mouse [SOLVED] Is Unresponsive Left it Naturally I tried switching the primary and secondary buttons in the 'Mouse' options but the problem remains - the left click right mouse button is unresponsive just as the left mouse button was before I switched them the right click still works perfectly with the left mouse button This same problem persists with several different mouses so I am sure [SOLVED] Mouse Left Click Is Unresponsive the problem isn't the mouse itself I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows XP Media Center and I'm not sure if that is where the problem began My PS Compatible Mouse driver details reads quot File version xpsp sp rtm - quot What steps do you recommend me taking Are [SOLVED] Mouse Left Click Is Unresponsive there any additional information you would like to have Please write some simple instructions when asking for information which might be hard to find to avoid the cause for me to post quot how quot and having to wait for a delayed period of time to find out how to provide you with the information you require Thank you very much Sorry for posting a reply so soon but I am not able to find any way to edit my previous post It should be noted that I have also tried using a graphics tablet instead of a mouse and it works perfectly So again the problem only affects mouses and seems to be software related I have installed the latest update for my mouse driver but the problem remains The problem is most visible when I try to drag a window or otherwise have to hold the button pressed for a period of time The signal gets interrupted and only works for very brief periods of time The left mouse button also sometimes acts as a double click Thank you again and again sorry for the double post

A:[SOLVED] Mouse Left Click Is Unresponsive

have you tried a usb mouse

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-mouse-left-click-is-unresponsive-572229.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there As described I my middle click function has stopped working on my mouse at first I assumed it was a Chrome update and Working Click Function Stopped Mouse Deathadder) (Razer Middle that I could no longer use it to quot Middle Click Mouse Function Stopped Working (Razer Deathadder) Open link in new tab quot however it seems that it now does absolutely nothing and I am unable to reassign it I used CAD software Solidworks that requires the middle mouse button for me to be able to pivot my view about the pointer on the screen also a few PC games I play would be much smoother if I could do this I have all the latest drivers and firmware installed I did find this thread that I thought might help me Middle Mouse Button however the screen shot at the bottom shows the Mouse Options on the Control Panel having a lot more option than it does for me the Middle Click Mouse Function Stopped Working (Razer Deathadder) only options I have are switching the left and right mouse buttons double-click speed adjustment and ClickLock The buttons assignment window that I get using the Razer software gives no more options other than to assign the forwards and backwards buttons quot Windows Button quot and quot Windows Button quot Thank you for any help you can give

A:Middle Click Mouse Function Stopped Working (Razer Deathadder)

I had that problem when I installed "software" for my mouse. I just use the default drivers that Windows installs upon connecting.

Have you recently installed any new software for your mouse or somehow relates to your mouse?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190338-middle-click-mouse-function-stopped-working-razer-deathadder.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Whether it's a new spreadsheet, or an existing one, when you click anywhere on the sheet, it acts like your clicking down the left mouse button and dragging. All cells within the movement of the mouse are being selected.

Replaced the mouse, which was wireless, with a PS2 Mouse, and still have the problem.

Running Windows 2K prof SP4

MS Office 98.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 80.84%

I just bought this mouse and I thought the right click was not working but found out that I had to hold left button to perform a right click. This is my first time encountering this problem and I don't know what to do. Please help.

This is the mouse:
Genius

A:Weird Mouse problem, have to hold left click to perform right click

Hi welcome to the forum

i would test the mouse on another computer if does same thing then return the mouse and get another.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369152-weird-mouse-problem-have-hold-left-click-perform-right-click.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,
I am after some help. My laptop has decided to reverse the right click and left click functions, ie: if I left click it now does not select but instead brings up a menu (which the right click button should and used to do!) I've tried holding down both buttons (as suggested by a friend) by this has no effect and I can't see any options to reverse the functions in the 'mouse properties' menu... and ideas please!
Thanks
ktp

A:Laptop keyboard mouse:right click and left click functions reversal

Hi ktp, welcome to Seven forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235149-laptop-keyboard-mouse-right-click-left-click-functions-reversal.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I was using my Targus wireless mouse in my house tonight and it was working just fine like it has been for the last wireless mouse working USB stopped months I decided it was time for bed and closed my laptop making it go into hibernation mode When I got to my room I plugged it into my USB hub and the alert sound did not go off even though the light was on the reciever I plugged it into a direct computer port and USB wireless mouse stopped working still no signal The reset button is supposed to make the LED flash but it doesn t now It s a usb but that shouldn t matter because computers and hubs are reversable right I did a quick check in my control panels to see if it was recognized but just didn t sound off no mouse there though I tried restarting the computer with the Rx unplugged then plugged it in after it was fullly booted I already emailed targus but USB wireless mouse stopped working god only knows how long it ll take for them to get back to USB wireless mouse stopped working me Anyone have any ideas on what to do nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a HP Pavilion TX 2000. About 2 months ago my wireless mouse stopped working. I changed out the batteries and it still doesn't work.

I also tried another wireless mouse, and still nothing.

One mouse is a Tagrus and the other is an HP, if that makes any difference.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

A:Wireless mouse stopped working on laptop

Can you find a wired mouse to try as a test, or even a usb flash drive to make sure your usb ports are working?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-mouse-stopped-working-on-laptop-557322.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-620-Wireless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000QRI270

I have one of these and every so often it the mouse pointer sticks for several seconds which is annoying when gaming etc. I've only had it a few months of which its been for the last 2 to 3.

I haven't got the software installed as I see no reason why it would prevent it sticking + sucks up system resources.

It does it both on my desk which is a plastic surface with a bubbly effect and a mouse mat, both clean.

Is there anything else which could be causing this or is it just due to wireless-ness?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logitech-mx-620-wireless-laser-mouse-sticking.830933/
Relevancy 79.98%

I followed the prep guide. Can someone help me to get my computer back. Thanks

A:Google Redirect?????...Left click=Right Click on Mouse

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266636/google-redirectleft-clickright-click-on-mouse/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys,

The left click on my opitical mouse is not opening URLs in Internet Explorer 8. It works perfectly well in all other programs (Including the tool bars within IE). Also the mouse icon becomes the 'hand' tool rather than the click-arrow within the main screen. I can right-click and 'open link' etc.

I noticed that there is a 'closed' forum addressing this in here, but seems to deal only with it as a physical mouse failure. That is not the case with this issue. (Or, more to the point, I think I've broken my father's mouse/IE!! Opps!!)

Help anyone?

Cheers
J-C

PS ... We're running Vista on this machine.

A:Solved: Left-Click not working in Internet Explorer 8

Hi Johnston-Clan,
I doubt it's the mouse since it works on everything else. IE8 is known to get a little buggy at times. You can try to uninstall/reinstall it. I switched to FireFox several months ago. It has a lot of enhanced features with some very good plugins. Here's a link if you would like to try it.Download Now - Free.
Best Regards,
Gil777t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-left-click-not-working-in-internet-explorer-8.893276/
Relevancy 79.12%

After installing a cisco linksys e2000 on a HP computer the mouse has froze up.I thought after trying all I knew to do that maybe the mouse was bad so got a new one and it still will not work. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can try?

A:Mouse stopped working after installing wireless router

Does a wired mouse work?

Did you have to install any software to get the router working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-stopped-working-after-installing-wireless-router.1083172/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi So my problem is a long time ago my mouse Trust MI- C Wireless Laser Mouse started acting weirdly for example the cursor stopped for a few seconds and sometimes the scroll wheel completely stopped working. stopped Mouse suddenly Trust Wireless working and I had to reboot the computer I was kinda okay with it I mean it was still working and it wasn't annoying enough Trust Wireless Mouse suddenly stopped working. for me to start trying to solve the problem But a little later when I plugged the receiver in I got a message which said quot USB Device Not Recognized Trust Wireless Mouse suddenly stopped working. quot I thought it was my computer's problem because USBPORT sys had some problems but that's not the point So I bought a new mouse and it worked completely fine which means it's a hardware problem So basically my question is is there a solution for this I know it's kinda unnecessary because I have an other mouse but if there's a solution I really don't want to throw away my old one because I don't think it's natural for a mouse to suddenly stop working

A:Trust Wireless Mouse suddenly stopped working.

Have you tried new batteries and checked for proper installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304120-trust-wireless-mouse-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a Logitech wireless mouse. When I use the scroll button, the page keeps moving after I stop scrolling using the wheel. In other words, the scrolling action on the screen does not stop instantly when I stop using the wheel. Currently, to avoid this issue, I have to push down on the left button and move the page up and down using the cursor. Thank you in advance for your replies.

A:Solved: Logitech Wireless Mouse Scroll Does Not Stop Properly

This problem was solved by taking the following actions:

>Start
>Control Panel
>Mouse
>Buttons tab.
>For "Scroller", set to the following: Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."
>Check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logitech-wireless-mouse-scroll-does-not-stop-properly.792919/
Relevancy 78.26%

hello,

I'v been using my logitech click it mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=6906) for a few months now and have been having some problems with it. i dont remember when they actually started. but when im moving the mouse sometimes it will jump up to the top right corner, where the X would be in a window and to the bottom left corner, where START would be, so i dont konw if this is some feature on the mouse i could turn off or if the mouse is reading false movements, this happens alot, its very annoying, excpesially when im playing a game and the mouse is jumping all around...

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 76.54%

I recently bought a new Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse bundle and ever since I installed it my screen saver stopped workin. I've tried everything in terms of changing delay times, enableing 7 diabling it etc, nothing seems to help.

I am running Xp SP2 and the keyboard & mause are: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition.

any similar experiences?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-saver-stopped-working-when-i-bought-a-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-mouse.497294/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel mouse model number M-RK I have the thumb button and the wheel button both configured for double-click But when I first turn the PC on the double-click funtions do not work As far as Double-click with mouse Logitech problem I can determine neither the thumb button nor the wheel button do anything at that time If I do a single right or left mouse click anywhere on the screen then after that the thumb button and the wheel button both provide double-clicks until I turn off and restart the PC at which time I m back to no double-clicks from either button This function worked I think in previous versions of Windows But since I upgraded to Windows XP Professional something over a year ago I lost the Double-click problem with Logitech mouse double-clicks on startup And here s an oddity As the PC is booting there is a brief interval prior to completion of the boot process when the mouse cursor is on the screen and can be moved around If I move the mouse and thereby the cursor around on the screen during this interval then the above-named buttons will provide double-clicks when the booting in complete If I don t move the Double-click problem with Logitech mouse mouse during that interval of time then no double-clicks until I click somewhere on the screen with the left or right mouse buttons Using mw enu exe Any advice as to how to make the thumb button and the wheel button do the double-click at startup Thanks Steve nbsp

A:Double-click problem with Logitech mouse

There is a tick box somewhere in the options for mice that says quick initialisation or something like that. Try turning it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-click-problem-with-logitech-mouse.264439/
Relevancy 75.68%

Laptop stopped recognizing Logitech Mouse USV. Moved it
to another Laptop and it worked fine. Tried another mouse
and it would not recognize it either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stopped-recognizing-logitech-mouse-usv.1169030/
Relevancy 75.68%

My god, i barely made it to the website. I dont really know what to say so ill go like this. My mouse left click doesn't work, and the only way that i can get it to work is to press down hella hard on it. Is there Something that i can do? Thanks.

-Bmaster

P.S, im leaving my computer on the page because i dont want to have to fight my way back to it. Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,My left click button on my mouse pad doesn't seem to be working. I can successfully click if I press it either on the very left or centre if I click like the right hand side of the key it sticks and doesn't seem to work. I was hoping someone would know how to fix this? Or if I was to get it fixed how much it'd cost? There is nothing else wrong with my laptop and it's just really annoying. Thanks in advance. 

A:Left click on mouse pad

Hello @samamy, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the Touch Pad issue, and wanted to assist you! For issues related to repair, and/or cost, you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Left-click-on-mouse-pad/td-p/5607236
Relevancy 74.82%

I seem to remember that there was a setting that I could change to prevent a drop-down from appearing whenever I clicked on an icon. Now I am presented with a drop-down that has "OPEN' as it's top item.
Please tell me where the setting is.

A:Left mouse click dropdown

That is the context menu. Normally, and by default, it is on the right mouse button, although it can be switched over to the left for those who are left-handed. You can change this in Mouse Properties.

Mouse Button - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140591-left-mouse-click-dropdown.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I got a new mouse and replaced my logitech G5, i fully removed all those drivers and plugged in my new mouse which is a plug and play that has no drivers. It works fine its just when i left click or right click the cursor pauses in postion for a few miliseconds then will move with my motion.

For example I game allot playing first person shooters, i tend to click shoot with weapons and what i noticed is that when i click shoot rapidly and pull down to control recoil i dont get the pull down effect since the mouse is oddly pausing in postion for a few miliseconds when ever i click.

anyone know how to fix it? I've tried deleting and reinstalling drivers and cleaning drivers/registries.

A:Mouse pause on left click

Go into control panel and click on mouse where you have various properties to fine tune your mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/98353-mouse-pause-left-click.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My mouse, Logitech g502 proteus core worked fine until today when my compter started up weird, it said something about my C: drive, I instinctively ignored it and let it run so I don't have the deatails , but anyway the computer boots up fine and I can right click or left click for about one or two seconds after startup but right after that I cant do anything except move the cursor, running in safe mode makes it work fine, ive tried uninstalling the mouse driver in safe mode, ive tried using system restore but that always says that it failed to restore, ive plugged the mouse into a laptop and that works fine, which is how I am writing this right now :/, any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Mouse moves but will not right or left click

If it was my computer I would remove the mouse driver and then reboot and let Windows pickup the driver.

If your mouse works after that check Windows Updates for a updated driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348857-mouse-moves-but-will-not-right-left-click.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a gateway laptop and just recently my left click on my mouse has become very sensitive. It's not the touch pad, but the actual button under that. It highlights, drags, and clicks on things when I barely touch it. The slightest touch makes it click things and its driving me nuts! How do I fix this?

A:Very sensitive left mouse click

Hi,
Welcome to TSG forums!
You might try opening the control panel and click on the mouse, select the buttons tab, there you can adjust the response of the mouse. I am not sure if this will take care of the problem, but it is free to try and might just fix it.
Let us know how it goes.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-sensitive-left-mouse-click.939110/
Relevancy 74.82%

running windows8 NT, usually no problems, but sometimes after waking up from sleep, the left-click on the mouse doesn't work. (most of the time, it works after sleep.) right-click always works, even after sleep. I am using a USB microsoft wheel mouse, optical, 1.1A, kind of old, but usually works fine.
any ideas?

A:no mouse left-click after sleep

Interesting question. My laptop does a similar thing, but that's with the left click on the laptop. I have to press a keyboard key to make the image (before the password/ login screen) go away.

My desktop doesn't work that way (just tried)

Interesting question!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/15954-no-mouse-left-click-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Recently my mouse has been acting weird. For some reason when I left click the mouse thinks I am double clicking or it thinks I am clicking multiple times when I am clicking once or dragging something.

I have looked around in Control Panel and my mouse/keyboard program and I am unable to find a solution.

I have already searched the site and came across a similar thread however it did not help.

Keyboard/mouse: Logitech LX 710

A:Mouse Left Click Sensitivity

First thing you should try is another mouse, it could be defective

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/93697-mouse-left-click-sensitivity.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I will start by telling you this is a clean installation of windows that has just finished has not been online or done any sort of updates or driver installations - everything is off the disk XP Pro Service Pack The problem started before i formatted the laptop and having tried everything to the best of my own knowledge and online forums etc i decided it would be easier to wipe and start again WRONG WAS I The computer finished the install and went into windows Its quite an old laptop and all the drivers were in place off the cd Everything worked perfect ntil i rebooted for the very first time Now the problem is back Everytime i left click on a desktop item in device manager etc the laptop tries to delete it and the confirm delete box pops up I have tried Updating the mouse drivers Disabling the mouse driver Uninstall amp reinstall mouse drivers Deleting all mouse drivers from windows folder A PS mouse Mouse Click Left Delete!!! = A USB mouse Everything just leaves me with the same problem - it s crazy BUT it works perfectly fine in safe mode which leads me to believe it is some sort of software driver problem and not hardware Mousepad ps mouse amp usb mouse all do Left Mouse Click = Delete!!! the same thing even with different drivers I disabled the mousepad and used usb mouse no different Completely stuck on this one and any help asap would be great laptop is useless at the mo HP Omnibook Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, hope somebody can help -- windows vista home edition -
every time i left click on a item - flolder or shortcut
the dele windows appears with multipul occurances -
I have carried out virus / trogen / mal ware scans using many different
programmes and nothing shows up -

any help would be welcome
Thanks

A:left mouse click = delete

What kind of mouse do you have, and does this also delete text?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360457/left-mouse-click-delete/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys, I had to hop on a friends laptop to write this out, so bare with me. .

Problem: My mouse's left click will not work.

Story: I was playing a game, while botting on a game, while installing a game, and while i was playing a game the mouse just wouldn't left click anymore, infact it got stuck down and eventually let up. When i'm on my desktop it will occasionally start a drag box that i can't click out of.

Product: Some 10$ mouse from walmart, (HP Laser Wired). On a dell computer running vista 32 bit basic.

Tried solutions: I've tried running in safe mode, restarting, uninstalling the mouse drivers and reinstalling them, switching USB ports.

Conclusion: I'll be checking this post frequently by leaving the page on my main computer and pressing F5 to refresh, i will respond as soon as i am able to.

P.S. Thanks for your time!

A:Mouse left click failing.

Take it apart, watch as various springs and small plastic pieces cascade to the floor and take on unrecognizable permutations.
Clean thoroughly, take a day to re-assemble.
Or:
Buy a new mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-left-click-failing.957022/
Relevancy 74.82%

Laptop HP running Windows Vista home premium edition, using logitech mouse V470 cordless laser, suddenly I can't use the right click button (therefore can't send anything to my ext.hard drive) and no copy/paste? do I uninstall mouse or get another one, have tried going to control panel and nothing changes no matter what I click on, even if I use the mouse pad instead that also will not work for the right click.

A:Solved: mouse right click not working?

If the behavior is the same on another system, replace the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-right-click-not-working.1004048/
Relevancy 74.82%

my laptop left click and touchpad click are not working
when i disabled the left click touchpad click started working
when i swap left and right click
left click(which is now become right click) doesn't work
is it hardware problem or software issue
please guide me
regards

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Since I updatet to Win10 anniversary is my touchscreen not working for left and right click. It is as if the oepratingsystem recognizes that the click happens, because the correct buttons/screens get selected, but the click event is not triggered.Swipe and pinch to zoom work as expected. Who can help me with this issue? All updates installed and touchscreen is using latest drivers of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Left-click-and-right-click-not-working-after-anniversairy/td-p/5802250
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,
My MS mouse (intellipoint 6000 wireless) started to behave strangely.
When I LEFT-click it on either Chrome or IE9 screen it opens a menu and does not allow me to type into any form. If I hold it pressed then I can type but the menu that appeared remains on the screen.
I've opened the mouse definitions under control panel and they are all OK.

Any idea?

Thanks

A:Mouse Left click opens a menu

Does your right-click button now perform the usual left-click operations?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-left-click-opens-a-menu-670605.html
Relevancy 73.96%

How can I simulate a left button mouse click without specifying the handle of the button that it is clicking. The following works if I want to simulate a click on the command1 button.

y = SendMessage(command1.hwnd, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0, ByVal 0&)
x = SendMessage(command1.hwnd, WM_LBUTTONUP, 0, ByVal 0&)

However, I am using the SetCursorPos api, and I would just like to send a mouse down/up command to click at the point that I specify. How can I do this?

Relevancy 73.96%

well long story short i leave the room come back with my cat on my keyboard and now every single time i left click anything i get the windows help menu. also if i try to open a browser i get a never ending stream of new tabs

what did she do and how do i fix this
im using windows vista ultimate version 64 bit

A:Mouse opening windows help on left click

Welcome
Boot into safe mode and make a system restore to a point before the problem.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300281-mouse-opening-windows-help-left-click.html
Relevancy 73.96%

since recently updating my free zone alarm with a recommended update, the left button wont click on certain important icons on a mozilla firefox webpage, such as the home icon on facebook or anything on that blue bar (notifications, search etc) this also happens on other web pages such as my banking login link. Ive tried uninstalling zone alarm, and restarting, i'd be very grateful for some guidance

A:My left mouse wont click on certain icons

Do a System Restore to a time before this happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-left-mouse-wont-click-on-certain-icons-638549.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Sony laptop VGN S270P w/XP SP2/2600. 1gb RAM.

In ANY application clicking the left mouse button on any choice, for instance, the Start menu, will not hold or stay chosen. I usually have to resort to holding the button down or multiple attempts of clicking or some chicanery. Right button works fine. This happens across all different brands of mice and on the built in mouse pad, or either USB port or the built-in Bluetooth. I have tried every conceivable permutation of settings via Control Panel-still no change in this defect. I have erased all the USB choices in Device Manager and rebooted so they would reload per Microsoft's procedure. No fix. My drivers seem to be the latest versions of Intel 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0.

I can forward a MSINFO report if necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-left-click-will-not-stick-or-hold.710103/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello! I have had this problem, since I went over to Windows 7 x64!

When I want to select multiple files in windows explorer ,as an example I left click and drag a rectangular marquee over the files.

However, if I do this now it always releases the selection randomly
even when I have not relished the button on the mouse.
It happens everywhere,select text. In Firefox,Word,Explorer and other applications it just drops the selection randomly.

This never happens in Win xp or Vista x64.Is there something wrong with a mouse driver?
I can say this has been an issue since the beginning of my installation of Windows 7 so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with any applications I have installed.

A:Mouse Left click + drag issue

Hello Thewiruz, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you do not already, you might see if using the single click to open a item option may work better with this. I find that using the double click to open a item option tends to select items to easily.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107256-mouse-left-click-drag-issue.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have noticed something that has been happening since I bought it but I didn't realized the origin till now, whenever I work in either excel or word and I press the left button of the mouse or touch pad to, for example move something or highlight a text line, the CPU takes about 100 % of the memory and accordingly the processor fan makes a lot of noise to remove heat (that's consistent though).

Raj

Relevancy 73.96%

I don't know if this is normal but I find it annoying. Using the synaptic touch pad on a Windows 8.1 laptop, I find that if the cursor lingers over an icon or shortcut for a second or so, it sometimes acts as if I had clicked on it. I don't think it is the touch pad sensitivity setting. Is there a separate setting that makes a cursor hover act as a click?
Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74229-hovering-acts-left-mouse-click.html
Relevancy 73.96%

For some reason, every time I press the ctrl key, the function becomes the left mouse button click. For example, when I hover the mouse on a icon and press ctrl, it opens the application. In game, when I press ctrl I fire the gun. I tried:

-tried different keyboard and mouse - both USB and ps/2
-reinstalled drivers
-rebooted
-virus and spyware and both clean

I don't know what to do right now but this isn't too big of an issue but it is pretty annoying when I try to play shooting games and try to crouch it fires all my ammo. Also one other thing is that I can't do ctrl+c copy because after i select something and press ctrl it clicks and deselects it.

A:My Ctrl key function became a left mouse click

Hello and welcome Tav Tavio.

First try these mate could be something real simple

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Disk Check

then run these if yuo have not used them

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
download the ADW from bleeping computer.

Some more system specs would good if only the model number

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304349-my-ctrl-key-function-became-left-mouse-click.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My problem is that my left click button for my mouse control activates by itself. If the cursor is over a clickable button or another screen, it will activate that button or open that screen. If I'm typing, my text will suddenly transfer to where ever my cursor happens to be.

I'm not using an external mouse, just the one below the keyboard. My computer is a Sony VAIO VGN-T150P.

Contacted the Sony people once, and they suggested downloading and re-installing my mouse driver in Safe Mode, which I did (file name SODOTH-00201205-US, Sony PCG-UMS1 USB Mouse Driver for Microsoft). That did not help, assuming I did it correctly. After that they suggested restoring my computer to a time before the problem started. I really don't want to that if I can avoid it, since I have this problem for a while now.

Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Left-click Mouse Problem

Are you sure you aren't accidentally brushing it with your shirt or something as you type? Touchpads are notorious for this.

If you shut off the internal touchpad and then use an external mouse, does it still happen?

Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141308/laptop-left-click-mouse-problem/
Relevancy 73.96%

So ive been having this problem for a couple weeks now Most games I have open flash and show my desktop for a brief moment with every click Upon further inspection i can notice that mouse click games with left on MOST Issues when i click it highlights the X in the upper right Possibly closing and re-opening or maybe its just very quickly minimizing ALSO i notice the game icon in the task bar seems to go away then slide back in from the right Thats why i think its closing but can a program close and re-open so quick that it seems to Issues with left mouse click on MOST games have no effect with progression You dont have to start over or anything it pops right back up to the exact point you were at One more thing I am not too familiar with any OS after vista I got this laptop for a good deal on blk friday its almost exactly like this post I found Screen Issues with left mouse click on MOST games flashing when left clicking in games Issues with left mouse click on MOST games

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129981-issues-left-mouse-click-most-games.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Holding down left or right click buttons speeds up my mouse speed by a good 2-3x. is there any fix for this?
Left or right click being held down are for games i play etc. hence for me is quite important to not speed up.
Cheers

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/443228-mouse-speeds-up-when-holding-left-right-click.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I don't know if this is normal but I find it annoying. Using the synaptic touch pad on a Windows 8.1 laptop, I find that if the cursor lingers over an icon or shortcut for a second or so, it sometimes acts as if I had clicked on it. I don't think it is the touch pad sensitivity setting. Is there a separate setting that makes a cursor hover act as a click?
Thank you.

A:Hovering acts as left mouse click

As a test, disable Tap-to-clcik for the touchpad, see what happens.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74229-hovering-acts-left-mouse-click.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Has anybody ever had this problem... my mouse cursor will only move when i hold either left or right click.
Otherwise it doesnt move.
Don't know if I'm being really thick here but I can't seem to solve this issue.
If anybody can help me fix this it would be appreciated.

A:mouse cursor only moving when I left or right click.

I've never seen or heard of that happening before. It sounds like someone pranked you? Make and model of mouse please? Make and model of PC may help too.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48557-mouse-cursor-only-moving-when-i-left-right-click.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a DELL Dimension 3000 Series Computer with Windows XP - Service Pack 2; it uses a 2-button DELL scroll mouse. The computer and all peripheries are 2 1/2 years old.

Sometimes, when I am inputting data in a Word document or an EXCEL table, when I click on the left button, a series of dashes (--------) or asterisks (********) keep on typing and the only way to stop the action is to hit the space bar or another key! Most of the times I need to close the file QUICKLY; then, I am able to access it later on without the same problem sometimes in the same session or usually on the next session.
This is a very annoying problem when it occurs although it is sporadic.
Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

A:DELL Left Mouse Click Problem

Try another mouse. Strange problem you have.

Logitech sells a basic 2button optical mouse for $15 (I don't recommend the bottom end model).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-left-mouse-click-problem.555147/
Relevancy 73.96%

Help Please Click on anything from an Icon and it opens Twice Windows of Internet Explorer open or WORD documents open etc Mouse TWICE Left Everything ONCE (doulbes) Opens and Click Also when you click on START or Favorites or File the Pull Down Window flashes OPEN then in a Blink it is gone So I have to click on the Tab again and again until it OPENS Click Left Mouse ONCE and Everything Opens TWICE (doulbes) and remains Open I have in the last days Done all of the WINDOWS XP UPDATES Upgraded from IE to IE and uninstalled AVG and Adaware then installed the MacAfee Suite from Comcast com However the Opening DOUBLE of everything was occuring before I did these updates It has been occurring for about the last weeks some friends who lived here and used this computer no-longer lives here and they departed on non-friendly terms I was not in this house at the time they were here gone on a trip so I do not know if they may have done something to the computer the computer however is running slow most things take noticably more time to open than they did when I was living at this house months ago Click Left Mouse ONCE and Everything Opens TWICE (doulbes) Also last Sunday - - I did a RESTORE twice the nd time because colors and images on the Desktop were distorted with about hours between Restores I did all of these updates because I was having installation issues with the PLAYER from Gametap com Could not get the player to start up I worked on that problem for days many hours wasted It seems GameTap has updated their Server in the last month and that I believe is where the problem with starting up the GameTap Player is coming from after doing all that I have done and spending many hours on the phone with Tech Support of both Comcast and GameTap For now my son will play games from Yahoo or MSN or Comcast The Players from these sites start up without a problem and my son plays his games without a problem Thank You Ed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/click-left-mouse-once-and-everything-opens-twice-doulbes.688517/
Relevancy 73.96%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP2500+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 446 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON IGP 320M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38146 MB, Free - 24512 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0024
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Question: I believe that at some point I *delayed* the start-up of the left mouse click function on my Synaptics TouchPad.
Unfortunately, I don't remember how I did this. It was definitely done unintentionally at a time when I was attempting to streamline the start-up.

A:left click mouse touchpad delayed

When you say delayed do you mean that the left mouse button does not work for a certain period of time? What happens if you try to push the button before this delayed period is up? A good place to start is to possibly try reinstalling the synaptic software and see where you get from there.... What is the specific model of your pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-click-mouse-touchpad-delayed.1053145/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone

I'm trying to find a way to bind my middle-click mouse button to the Delete function. It really will be extremely helpful to me.

Anyone know how to do this?

It'll be mainly for Firefox usage.

It may be something simple but I just don't remember and search is being fruitless... for now anyway

Thank you for your time.

A:[SOLVED] Re-working mouse click behavior?

Hi Kalim ! How are you ?

I've never tried them with my mouse but Microsoft's intellipoint drivers can do that and they should work with non-microsoft generic mouses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IntelliPoint
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6.20.182.0.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-re-working-mouse-click-behavior-252282.html
Relevancy 73.53%

USB and mouse ports stopped working. What commands can I use to access PC to get at MY Computer??

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I have a problem with my mouse I never seen before it is recognized all buttons are working well but here is a problem recognized click Mouse swap left files but does not for example going in my pictures folder windows XP using the left click I can open folder and choose one or several files fine exepted that I am unable to grab a picture to move it or for swapping right clicking enlight the file but the pointer won Mouse left click recognized but does not swap files t grab it I tried all different mouses old style PS Mouse left click recognized but does not swap files usb with ball usb optical Belkin stationary mouse with ball on the top move by hand NONE of them can grab files all these mouses work well on my second computer so it is NOT a harware problem I went into control Panel mouse properties I switches primary left button to the right and it does not change anything beside having to right click instead I cleaned the registry not to prevail I made a repair using windows CD that went hrought the complete system files repair last thing I came back to control panel mouse properties and changed the arrow pointer to a hand pointer to see if it attemped to grab or make the move for it nothing when trying to move a file or picture the hand stay static - no animation All other left click function works well open file etc nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

If I create a folder on my desktop I can open that folder by double clicking on my left mouse button.

If I put ANOTHER folder inside that folder, I can't double click on the folder inside. Instead, I have to right click and select "Open"

Any tips?

SEA

A:Can't left mouse click to open folders. Any Tips?

Sounds like the file associates are messed up.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Try the lnk default

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335825-cant-left-mouse-click-open-folders-any-tips.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I think I have a trojan and/or rootkit (though I guess I'm speculating). The only anti-malware that seems to be working is IO Bit Security 360 and and Super-Anti Spyware (not that they're finding anything), I can run Malwarebytes but it doesn't seem to be able to remove anything (it's only found one thing, some kind of a rogue installer which I don't think is causing the problem).

I tried to disable the Open File Security Warning, but I have lost the capability to do anything on many screens. I also tried to delete the driver on the mouse (I guess after you do that the computer is supposed to automatically re-install a new one).

So I can't run many existing programs on my computer, and I can't download any new exe. files.
thanks for the anticipated help.
-Sean

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virulent-infection-exe-files-wont-run-left-click-down-on-mouse-etc-etc-427651.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, the left click button on the mouse was sticking, in the process of cleaning this out with air I popped the silver top area off. I can put this back together, but the button seems to be indented more than the right button and does not click properly. I feel that something underneath is worn out, is this a repair that I could possible get parts for and perform myself? Thanks in advance! wings555

A:broken left click button on laptop mouse

Are you talking about the touch pad or a seperate mouse?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-left-click-button-on-laptop-mouse.932277/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi to all
I have a problem , i recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my laptop and I also bought a new wireless optical mouse.The problem is that when I click wherever in any browser or just when I browse through my computer it goes back to previous page, and when i'm on my desktop and I try to acces My Computer with left double click(as it's normal to do) ofcourse, it won't enter to my computer...I tested this mouse on four different computers with windows 7 64 bit and nothing changes ...
Can someone tell me how I can fix this ? or did anyone else had or has the same problem? What I or we can do?
PS:if anyone with a posible solution need any more details from me...please let me know
Thx, and have a better day than mine

A:Left Click Mouse problem-It goes to previous page !

Welcome to the forum,

It would help a lot if you could let us know what Brand, model the mouse is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294850-left-click-mouse-problem-goes-previous-page.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Whenever holding left click down my mouse atleast 2-3x in speed and this really screws me in what i do. Any help would be brilliant thanks!

A:Why does holding left click make my mouse faster

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Why are you holding down left click? If you need more help, please join the forum.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443218-why-does-holding-left-click-make-my-mouse-faster.html
Relevancy 73.1%

So this is weird Just a couple days ago I reformatted my system no click left intermittently - mouse problem trippy and installed trippy mouse problem - no left click intermittently Windows while dual-booting with Linux Mint Today I ran into a situation where I lost my left-click functionality on my wireless mouse I couldn t left click anywhere in browser or not I then unplugged my wireless mouse and plugged in a corded USB mouse and then I couldn t left OR right click but when i hover my mouse over windows I see that it does recognize the mouse I had to reboot to get the mouse working properly again After a while min or so I lost the left click and here we go again This happens on different mice wireless and wired and it happens in Windows as well as Linux Today I was just using a corded mouse doing basic web browsing and all of a sudden I lose functionality with both of my mouse buttons no left OR right click but the middle scroll wheel still worked as did the mouse pointer This is really weird Anyone have any ideas here Anyone up for a challenge - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trippy-mouse-problem-no-left-click-intermittently.1021835/
Relevancy 73.1%

Help Please DOUBLES: Opens Everything TWICE Click Mouse (doulbes) Left and ONCE Click on anything from an Icon and it opens Twice Windows of Internet Explorer open or WORD documents open etc Also when you click on START or Favorites or File the Pull Down Window DOUBLES: Click Left Mouse ONCE and Everything Opens TWICE (doulbes) flashes OPEN then in a Blink it is gone So I have to click on the tab again and again until it OPENS and remains Open I have in the last days Done DOUBLES: Click Left Mouse ONCE and Everything Opens TWICE (doulbes) all of the WINDOWS XP UPDATES Upgraded from IE to IE and uninstalled AVG and Adaware then installed the MacAfee Suite from Comcast com However the Opening DOUBLE of everything was occuring before I did these updates It has been occurring for about the last weeks some DOUBLES: Click Left Mouse ONCE and Everything Opens TWICE (doulbes) friends who lived here and used this computer no-longer lives here and they departed on non-friendly terms I was not in this house at the time they were here gone on a trip so I do not know if they may have done something to the computer the computer however is running slow most things take noticably more time to open than they did when I was living at this house months ago I did all of these updates because I was having installation issues with the PLAYER from Gametap com Could not get the player to start up I worked on that problem for days many hours wasted It seems GameTap has updated their Server in the last month and that I believe is where the problem with starting up the GameTap Player is coming from after doing all that I have done and spending many hours on the phone with Tech Support of both Comcast and GameTap For now my son will play games from Yahoo or MSN or Comcast The Players from these site start up without a problem and my son plays his games without a problem Thank You Ed nbsp

A:DOUBLES: Click Left Mouse ONCE and Everything Opens TWICE (doulbes)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doubles-click-left-mouse-once-and-everything-opens-twice-doulbes.688673/
Relevancy 73.1%

why when I'm shopping online will my mouse not let me login or check out with one left click like I have always done beforemessage edited by Peteman

A:mouse no longer let me login or check out with 1 left click

Often best to try another mouse for starters.Presumably you have restarted the computer as this often fixes temporary glitches.Go to Device Manager and select "Mice and other pointing devices". Then find the entry for your mouse. First make sure no errors are showing (yellow or red icons). Right click your mouse entry, go to Properties and then the Driver tab. Press Update Driver button and do the automatic search. If it finds a new driver then go for it.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/mouse-no-longer-let-me-login-or-check-out-with-1-left-click/664.html