Windows Support Forum

Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

Q: Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 58.91%

Please help before the computer goes out of the window.
I first noticed the problem when i set Bitcomet up to download overnight whenever i did this, in the morning the PC would have reset itself, then using convertxtodvd to convert then burn advd after 10-15 minutes it would freeze forcing me to reset PC. now my Mrs downloads little games to play from various sites and after a while either the PC freezes or the PC crashes and displays the bsod, she can play these on our kids PC with no probs.
Sorry it is long winded but i am trying to give as much info as i think possible.
Thanks for reading this and hopefully helping me.

A:pc freezes and/or crashes sometimes with bsod

taken error code off bsod if it is any help.
0x0000007F C 0X0000000D,0X00000000,0X00000000,0X00000000

Microshaft knowledge base (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539/en-us) says -
CAUSE
This error message can occur if either of the following conditions exists: ? Your computer has hardware or software problems (hardware failure is the most common cause).
? You try to over clock the speed of your computer's processor (for example, you set a 150 MhZ processor to run at 187 MhZ).
The above STOP error means a trap occurred in kernel mode and the trap is either one the kernel is not allowed to have or is always fatal. The most common causes of a STOP 0x7F are:? Low-level hardware corruption, such as corrupt memory (RAM)
? Mismatched memory modules
? A malfunctioning motherboard

The pc is less than one year old, never been over clocked memory was installed when i bought it.
any help would be appreciated
thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-and-or-crashes-sometimes-with-bsod-238649.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've gotten a couple of BSOD but mostly it just crashes. Lately it also freezes.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks a million.

· OS - Windows 10· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7· Is the OS an OEM version or full retail version OEM until I downloaded the free upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10
· Age of system (hardware) Almost 6 years· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Got the free upgrade to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Problems were occurring before then.· CPU - Intel® Core™ i3 CPU· Video Card - Intel® HD Graphics· System Manufacturer DELL· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) Inspiron N4010· Laptop or Desktop? Laptop

A:Freezes, Crashes, Sometimes BSOD

Your UEFI/BIOS (version A13) dates from 2011.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.Only 6 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.C: drive only has about 9% free space.  Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance.  Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty).  Low free space can cause BSOD's - but the actual amount depends on the files being used by the system. The version of Windows that you are using was released on 15 November 2015.  If you'll notice, in addition to your BIOS, there are a lot of older drivers listed in the table below.Please update these drivers to the latest, W!0 compatible version - as it appears that the problem with your system is either hardware, compatibility, or low-level drivers. I'd first check your hardware, as you don't want to spend hours trying to find drivers if the hardware is broken.Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html The first place to check for W10 compatible drivers is the Dell website for your system.If Dell doesn't offer compatible drivers for the system, you have to wonder if the system is compatible w/W10.We can still attempt to update these drivers, but it's going to take more work to track down compatible W10 versions for your system.Start by using the links below the driver listing to find out more information about the drivers (FYI - you can skip the PxHlpa64.sys driver for now, as it's usually stable and is a real pain to remove). If you have difficulties finding updated, please post back with the drivers that you need help with.  We will attempt to help you find updated versions. Good luck!Analysis:The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:**************************Wed May 11 13:11:42.893 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\051116-62468-01.dmp]Windows 10 Kernel Version 10586 MP (4 procs) Free x64Built by: 10586.212.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160328-1908System Uptime:0 days 0:38:36.625*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mssmbios.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nsiproxy.sysProbably caused by :NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx+1f8 )BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at    DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be    identified with a stack trace.Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period.Arg3: 0000000000000000Arg4: 0000000000000000BUGCHECK_STR:  0x133DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTPROCESS_NAME:  LMS.exeFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨&#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613936/freezes-crashes-sometimes-bsod/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm not sure what is causing it, I just got a new hard drive and did a fresh install of windows 7 on it. I did leave most of my programs installed to a secondary drive "E." If anyone can figure anything out your help is much appreciated!

A:I do not get a BSOD but every now and then my pc freezes and crashes

As you said the file doesn't contain dump files, follow this tutorial and configure a minidump.
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303938-i-do-not-get-bsod-but-every-now-then-my-pc-freezes-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi BC I own two computers The main computer I use is the one the crashes, PC freezes BSOD 2 gets & other 1 problems; that freezes after my desktop finishes loads and then it just 2 PC problems; 1 freezes & crashes, the other gets BSOD shuts off Days before that happened everything would freeze and the only way I could shut it off was to 2 PC problems; 1 freezes & crashes, the other gets BSOD push the power buttons It also heats up so I'm scared to turn it back on I want to be able to save my everything in there if possible I think one of the problems if not the main problem it's reacting that way is because I haven't updated like I'm suppose to I haven't tried to turn it on Safe Mode yet 2 PC problems; 1 freezes & crashes, the other gets BSOD because I want to know what I should do first The computer I'm using now randomly gets the BSOD and restarts the computer sometimes freezes the monitor Never had that problem before I haven't used this computer in while so I'm slowly trying to update it when it says it needs to be updated I'm only using it now because of what happened to my other computer The BSOD computer I'm using is Microsoft Windows Home Premium x Mahalo for your help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599787/2-pc-problems;-1-freezes-crashes-the-other-gets-bsod/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi There are many many issues with my computer Everyday when I first turn it on it constantly resets itself restarts freezes, and Crashes, bsod shortly after I hear the beep Crashes, freezes, restarts and bsod It's not until I power off and on that it starts to progress The second set of restart frenzy occurs during Windows loading Again this will repeat itself until I turn it off and on again usually many times Sometimes I get the BSOD during loading today I got the message IRQL not less or equal Sometimes it also changed to a dark green screen on my monitor Once I get past Windows loading it's usually alright But occassionally while running games it freezes or the screen changes to a colorful screen and freezes I suspect this has something to do with my video card as it's been a problem for a while I had to underclock it to run some games I have a Gigabyte GTX running Windows Vista -bit Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Crashes, freezes, restarts and bsod

Hello and welcome to TSF,

Please follow the BSOD Posting Instructions so we can help you. Thanks!

Stephen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crashes-freezes-restarts-and-bsod-663333.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Attachment 209534 <--- Crashes

Attachment 209535 <---- System info

My Laptop Crashes During Start up randomly
BSOD Just started to appear
Sometimes i make it to the log in screen and then i hear a weird like screech and it freezes
I Also cant access BIOS Because my BOOT MANAGER Interferes ive tried multiple different keys and they all Bring me to the BOOT Manager and it makes me chooses between the OS Windows 7 or Windows Memory Diagnostics.

Finally I use an external Hard drive to play my video games and the program usually needs to be re installed after crashes

A:BSOD/Crashes and Freezes During Start up

Have you run the Windows Memory Diagnostics?
Your crashes indicate possible data corruption and/or memory issues. The crashes could also be caused by viruses.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log.
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with AVG.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227227-bsod-crashes-freezes-during-start-up.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have had a long history of issues with this PC involving a mixture of Crashes like cable being pulled out full black screen freezes unresponsive and audio plays on loop and BSOD's I fixed the first set of issues by moving my RAM onto a different channel and since then issues Multiple and BSOD's Crashes, Freezes came and went usually lasting a month or two and then it being stable with no issues for a few months and then something else would come back I had a few issues that were fixed about a month back so I decided to upgrade to windows Within a day I got a freeze and since then I have had one BSOD one Crash and or more Freezes I have tried updating all the drivers I could think Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's of and tried checking event viewer to no affect Regarding the BSOD I know which driver caused it and believe it isn't an issue any more its mainly the freezes I would like to fix I have stress tested my hardware a lot and I never encounter any errors with it however if recommended I will happily test again So does anyone have any ideas Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's on how to start tackling these problems and hopefully coming to a permanent fix Thanks for your time buncieboy PS I know this isnt really about BSOD but I didnt know if here was the right place to post it

A:Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's

Lets see if the logs show anything that could cause a freeze
Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49336-multiple-crashes-freezes-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.48%

This problem began a little under two weeks ago While playing Civilization I began to notice visual artifacts appearing on my screen I did not immediately interpret this as being a sign of an overheating video card until my ATI video card restarted in the middle of a campaign I proceeded to lower the graphical settings in Civilization and the problem ceased A few days later I began to have issues with my desktop freezing up a few minutes after booting up usually - minutes later The problem usually ceased after one or two repeated boots so I did not immediately take Persistent Help Crashes, BSOD With and Need Freezes, action on the problem A week ago I started-up Civilization and minutes after beginning to play it my computer completely froze After turning off my computer and booting-it up my computer got a BSOD less than five minutes after start-up Whether I was in the login screen or in an account one of three things would always happen withing five minutes of booting my computer The Need Help With Persistent Crashes, Freezes, and BSOD monitor would turn off indicating Need Help With Persistent Crashes, Freezes, and BSOD it was getting no input signal The computer would completely freeze I would get a BSOD The two messages I got when a BSOD occurred were either a Bad Pool Header or IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Once these persistent problems appeared Need Help With Persistent Crashes, Freezes, and BSOD I suspected action needed to be taken to diagnose if my video card was causing these problems I managed to uninstall my ATI drivers then install the beta drivers to see if the problems may be related to my video card drivers The problem still persisted I then uninstalled the ATI drivers removed my ATI card and replaced it with my older Nvidia card After the switch my desktop was running smoothly I even managed to play Civilization without any problems I was convinced those computer problems I had were directly caused by an overheated video card that was beginning to malfunction However two days after I switched my ATI card with an Nvidia card I got a BSOD after booting my computer The problems had returned After doing some research online I read that minidump files can be found after a BSOD which can be useful to identify the source of such problems I booted my desktop in safe mode and before I could transfer the minidump files to my laptop I got a BSOD with a new error message PFN LIST CORRUPT Second time I entered safe mode my computer froze and my monitor displayed a really messed-up image mostly white with a red band on the top The third time I successfully managed to transfer the minidump files to my laptop of-which I found three which are attached in a ZIP file to this post Admittedly I do not possess the knowledge to thoroughly analyze these files so I hope someone else can I also read that using the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool can check for hardware errors and can be accessed through the Windows Installation Disc So I booted from my Installation Disc but before I could select the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool my computer froze it froze on the quot System Recovery Options quot menu After a second try I was able to successfully select it triggering a restart and the test to commence After a few minutes this message appeared Status Hardware problems were detected To identify and repair these problems you will need to contact the computer manufacturer However after reaching the mark during Step of the test the progress completely halted After minutes of no changes combined with not being able to access options or exit the test I assumed that my computer had frozen and powered off my desktop I am near the end of my rope on ideas for identifying the cause of my computer issues I really hope someone can help me fix these problems and would greatly appreciate any assistance I receive Specs Windows Professional -bit GB DDR RAM TB Hard Drive RPM Initial Video Card ATI HD GB Replacement Video Card Nvidia GT MB

A:Need Help With Persistent Crashes, Freezes, and BSOD

Hello TheHeeyy, welcome to SF!

Regretfully you have only posted dumps and though they tell us a lot, having the rest of the info as per these instructions, makes our work a lot easier:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

From one of your dumps, I suspect you have a brother printer. It's driver or proces could be causing a problem. As a test, please delete/de-install completely. To be sure it is de-installed, please check specifically that BrccMCtl.exe is not on your disk anymore.

You have the oldest ok version of a copy protection system. The driver is lirsgt.sys.
Please update to newer: TAGES, the AAA Copy Protection System

One of your dumps mentions UPS software from APC. As a test, please disable temporarily.

Please do these steps one by one and check for bsods's as it would be good to know which specific thing helped...

Post back any results please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177496-need-help-persistent-crashes-freezes-bsod.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone,
I've got a three year old toshiba laptop running win7 home premium 32bit which isn't particularly great, but it has served its purpose. Any way, Yesterday the laptop froze, upon start up it froze again before I was able to open any programs. I've restarted it possibly twenty times with several different results. Several freezes after thirty seconds, several froze before I'd entered my password, three bsod's which I didn't note, but I had noticed that "physical memory" was mentioned.
I know there isn't much to go on based on that, but I've not got any more information to go on. I've attempted to reinstall win7, but the computer freezes long before I can start the install process. Also, for some reason I don't have any restore points for when I try to system restore.

Any help you can provide would be fantastic, I need this back up and running asap.

Thanks in advance.

A:Crashes, freezes and the occasional bsod.

Welcome to SF, braydee89,

Please do the following:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

and fill out your specs.

Thanks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207387-crashes-freezes-occasional-bsod.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I built Random BSOD, other crashes Freezes, a desktop for myself in January of this year and I've had semi-random crashes a few times a Random Freezes, BSOD, other crashes week ever since I updated all the system specs in the user pane but basically it's Windows Ultimate x installed on a SSD with another HDD for most of my data and stuff The comp uses a sandybridge CPU and motherboard but I don't think the problems are related to the issues for which those MBs were recalled I am unable to reproduce the crashes but I can almost guarantee that one will happen in any given week It doesn't seem to matter if I'm gaming just surfing the net using lots of apps few apps etc I also can not predict when I will get a BSOD when the computer will simply freeze or when the screen will flash with those colors that look like a video card failure These crashes come sometimes a few times in a day and at other times I can go a week or two without a problem I have tried to keep my drivers updated and I believe that my BIOS is the most current version as well This is my first personal build and I've been expecting and dealing with problems like this but I simply cannot seem to find the cause of these crashes and it is really starting to be a bother This may be unrelated but sometimes when I boot up the computer it says it is unable to find the SSD Where the OS is installed I usually just reboot it and it works and I can not predict when I will get that boot error I've also run memtest and found no errors I think I quadruple-checked all my wiring and such inside the case and I believe everything is set up correctly - it seems so odd that the computer will run like a dream for days on end then suddenly just crash Any help you may be able to give will be greatly appreciated

A:Random Freezes, BSOD, other crashes

Hello Waterhaus, welcome to SF!

your last dump is a 3D, pointing to what should be a normal system file \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mv91xx.sys

Please check it is in this directory and ONLY in this directory.

Your second to last dump points to atikmdag.sys
For that please see http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...kmdag-sys.html

HTML Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (3d)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff80000b9bf60
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff8800132278e

Debugging Details:
------------------

CONTEXT: fffff80000b9bf60 -- (.cxr 0xfffff80000b9bf60)
rax=fffffa8008a6d200 rbx=fffffa8008a7e868 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffffa8008a7e868 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffffa8008a8f608
rip=fffff8800132278e rsp=fffff80000b9c940 rbp=fffffa8008a6d748
r8=fffff88003940100 r9=0000000000000001 r10=fffffa8008a8f680
r11=fffffa8008a6e018 r12=0000000000000100 r13=fffffa8008a8af90
r14=fffffa8006990890 r15=fffff80000b96080
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000293
mv91xx+0x3178e:
fffff880`0132278e cc int 3
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3D

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: a

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff8800132278e

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c940 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : mv91xx+0x3178e

FOLLOWUP_IP:
mv91xx+3178e
fffff880`0132278e cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: mv91xx+3178e

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: mv91xx

IMAGE_NAME: mv91xx.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4c778a22

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff80000b9bf60 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3D_mv91xx+3178e

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3D_mv91xx+3178e

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> lmvm mv91xx
start end module name
fffff880`012f1000 fffff880`0137d000 mv91xx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: mv91xx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mv91xx.sys
Image name: mv91xx.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 27 11:49:22 2010 (4C778A22)
CheckSum: 00050BB0
ImageSize: 0008C000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174548-random-freezes-bsod-other-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

PC has started crashing lately, sometimes BSOD other times just freezes. Have run Memtest 86+ overnight no problems. Does not crash in Safe Mode. Downloaded and installed as many drivers as I can find. Blue Screen View indicates hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe are culprits? Get BSOD with both 124 and 009 codes. Could not figure out how to get Perf Mon to generate a report? Other file is attached.

A:PC Crashes sometimes BSOD other times just freezes

Hi,

The bugchecks we're seeing here are VERY indicative of hardware failure (124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and 9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION).

A MCE essentially means -

The processor detected a fault. This fault is called the Machine Check Exception. Some of the causes include:
Processor specific detected hardware problems
Processor internal memory cache errors
System bus errors
Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems
If we run an !errrec on the second parameter of the 124 hardware dumps, we get the following:

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ 87d75a0c
Section @ 87d75b94
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 0)
As you can see, the CPU is reporting an internal timing issue. The second 124 I analyzed shows the same thing, except a different processor. Regardless, given that it reported an internal timer error in two 124 dumps, it's very likely your issue is a faulty processor. I have seen in some cases that failing memory can cause this issue as well, and also in rare cases the need for a BIOS update.
Here's what I recommend for now:
1. As you mentioned you installed the latest version of DivX, and the BSOD's started appearing, I'd recommend system restoring to a point before updating DivX. Although DivX likely has absolutely nothing to do with these type of bugchecks, better to be safe and sure than sorry.
System Restore - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
2. If System Restoring to a point before you updated DivX doesn't work, Memtest86+ should be next on your list -

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

Run for no less than 7-8 passes, this will take multiple hours.. so run before sleep or work.

3. mssmbios.sys isn't loaded, so I cannot check your system info to provide a link to a BIOS update or... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-sometimes-bsod-other-times-just-freezes-661506.html
Relevancy 57.62%

EDIT, GOT ANOTHER BSOD AND PREPARED A FOLDER SO I CAN BE HELPED. please re read and try to help me out

Edit, deleted most useless info, got to the point quicker.
I'm having seemingly random Bsod's, My computer will often just freeze up while Im browsing, using google chrome, or while playing League of legends, mostly when the Air client is running.

I've attached the requested file, please give me some advice, tell me whats wrong exactly, and what I can do.

A:Bsod once, never again, now just freezes and crashes. LLoL, g. chrome

Bump because i have attached a file now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256804-bsod-once-never-again-now-just-freezes-crashes-llol-g-chrome.html
Relevancy 57.62%

This has been happening ever since I bought my PC 2 years ago. I've taken it to 2 technicians several times who ran hardware tests and found nothing, thus weren't able to diagnose the problem. So a few weeks ago after I took it to the 2nd store I formatted my PC and BSODs alone have happened 2 times already. My PC crashes after multiple hours of gaming, either it freezes with colored bars on the screen or a blue screen happens (mostly the latter)

Temperatures are normal, video card drivers are up to date, passed all memory tests. Hardware seems to be fine. PLEASE HELP ME!

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88T-M USB/3
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4Ghz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Asus Radeon HD 6850
PSU: Corsair CX-500W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm

A:BSOD (system_service_exception), freezes & crashes while gaming!

Please post this report before we begin:Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334572-bsod-system_service_exception-freezes-crashes-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Was having alot of issues with my PC crashing, alot do to oobe.etl MSE bad uninstall(so i think)

Decided i have some corrupt files or drivers soemwhere, so i got a new SSD and did a fresh install.
Worked great for a short while, now i get these crazy freezes where my screen looks like a lot of lines or multi-colored thread across my screen, then PC has hard time rebooting, had to use repair disc i made form fresh install.

Now ive gotten a couple BSOD (had been getting them randomly for a while, but mroe now). Looking for any advice on what these dmp files have to say.

Thanks

A:BSOD's Crashes.freezes, failed Boots

Hello and welcome mate am NO expet but a Google on that oobe.etl cam up with this.

Session &#34;Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE&#34; stopped message - Microsoft Community there might be something amongst this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276730-bsods-crashes-freezes-failed-boots.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Ive tried to include all details I can I'm not very tech savvy so you will have to bear with me My pc has pretty much crashed frequently from the day I got it Sometimes its when watching videos sometimes when doing freezes/crashes/BSOD's 7 regular Windows not a lot and other times when ive been away from the pc for a while In event viewer its showing critical errors in the last days All of them kernel errors The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly I am attaching Windows 7 regular freezes/crashes/BSOD's the details asked for in the BSOD posting instructions post in my next post Cheers PC Dell Vostro OS - Windows x Original OS - Windows OEM Age of system couple of months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS yes about a month ago CPU Intel Core i - GHz MB Video Card came with Graphics MB ATI RadeonTM HD DVI VGA HDMI but I removed and installed a MATROX QID-E LPAF MB QUAD PCIe KX Cable

A:Windows 7 regular freezes/crashes/BSOD's

here are the zipped files:

Thanks in anticipation. This has been going on for months and im on the verge of walling my pc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-regular-freezes-crashes-bsods-482986.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows Ultimate bit - Included a CPU-Z report on zip Asus P T Inter Core i GB Ram Crashes, Freezes, except Comp Playing! when BSOD, DDR NVidia GeForce GTX Comp Crashes, Freezes, BSOD, except when Playing! My computer is rebooting and freezing A LOT Like every minutes sometimes more sometimes I ran Memtest for hours overnight and received no errors Did a system file check everything seems fine I got blue screens or times but the rest of the time it just freezes Now the weird thing is that it can run for EVER if I'm playing a full screen game like Star Craft or Call of Duty but as soon as I close the games it crashes I can't Comp Crashes, Freezes, BSOD, except when Playing! get any work done Also I tried clean boot but it still crashed I did not crash on Safe Mode for over two hours It never creates a minidump only onces got one I was able to read the Blue Screen twice the rest of the times it goes aways really fast One Blue Screen had this info NTFS SYS Page Fault In Nonpaged Area STOP x xFFFFF A E c x xFFFFF E x NTFS SYS FFFFF E Base At FFFFF F The other Bluescreen DXGMM SYS STOP X E xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFF E xFFFFF B cc xFFFFF B C E DXGMM SYS FFFFF E Base At FFFFF F

A:Comp Crashes, Freezes, BSOD, except when Playing!

Quote: Originally Posted by Islandtalker

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - Included a CPU-Z report on zip.

Asus P6T
Inter Core i7 920 @ 2.67
12GB Ram DDR3
NVidia GeForce GTX 295

My computer is rebooting and freezing A LOT. Like every 30 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes.. I ran Memtest 4.0 for 10 hours overnight and received no errors. Did a system file check, everything seems fine. I got blue screens 4 or 5 times, but the rest of the time it just freezes.

Now, the weird thing is that it can run for EVER if I'm playing a full screen game like Star Craft or Call of Duty, but as soon as I close the games it crashes. I can't get any work done!

Also, I tried clean boot but it still crashed. I did not crash on Safe Mode for over two hours.

It never creates a minidump, only onces got one. I was able to read the Blue Screen twice, the rest of the times it goes aways really fast:

One Blue Screen had this info:

NTFS.SYS Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area
STOP 0x0...50
0xFFFFF8A0E34502c8
0x...1
0xFFFFF880012E9732
0x....5

NTFS.SYS FFFFF880012E9732 Base At FFFFF8800123F000

The other Bluescreen:

DXGMM1.SYS
STOP 0X0..7E
0xFFFFFFFFC000001D
0xFFFFF8800571399E
0xFFFFF88003B1cc78
0xFFFFF88003B1C4E0

DXGMM1.SYS FFFFF8800571399E Base At FFFFF880056F6000

I am doing them now should be aboout 5 mins. One thing I can tell you now is you have a driver asacpi.sys from 2005 whicha almost always causes bsods

ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005

Quote:
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

Old drivers needing updating

Code:
ASACPI.sys fffff884`058e5000 0x0000000400008000 0x42476c4c 3/27/2005 22:30:36 fffff880`058dd000
speedfan.sys fffff880`017eb000 0x00007000 0x45168798 9/24/2006 09:26:48 fffff880`017e4000
adfs.SYS fffff880`0957a000 0x00018000 0x490f2b4e 11/3/2008 12:48:14 fffff880`09562000
RsFx0103.sys fffff87f`02c8e000 0xffffffff00051000 0x49cfc883 3/29/2009 15:14:11 fffff880`02c3d000
dump_iaStorV.sys fffff880`02de1000 0x0011e000 0x49dcd76d 4/8/2009 12:57:17 fffff880`02cc3000
iaStorV.sys fffff880`0118b000 0x0011e000 0x49dcd76d 4/8/2009 12:57:17 fffff880`0106d000
spldr.sys fffff880`017e4000 0x00008000 0x4a0858bb 5/11/2009 12:56:27 fffff880`017dc000
amdxata.sys fffff880`011c9000 0x0000b000 0x4a12f2eb 5/19/2009 13:56:59 fffff880`011be000
PxHlpa64.sys fffff880`0106be00 0x0000be00 0x4a416253 6/23/2009 19:16:35 fffff880`01060000
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html
Third and probably most important memory corruption probably caused by the asacpi.sys file run memtest

Download a copy ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122268-comp-crashes-freezes-bsod-except-when-playing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Good day TenForums,

As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately.

My system is running on:
Windows 10,
Intel i5 4570
Radeon 6950
12Gig Ram.

I added the DM log file in the attachments.

Until then,
Venom

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65431-suddenly-bsod-random-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently I ve been having more and more problems with my PC It s quite an old system and I m wondering if more than one thing is dying I ve been having BSOD more and more frequently along with total crashes and freezes It s been getting slower and slower and is pretty much unusable for the first - minutes after starting up it s just unresposive crashes, multiple freezes and problems BSOD, and I can hear the hard drive quot grinding quot away like a maniac I ve also noticed some of the capacitors on the motherboard almost seem like they ve burst and are partially crusted over with some dark solid gunk BSOD, crashes, freezes and multiple problems On startup reboot I very often get one or more of these Disk read error Press ctrl alt del to restart Unable to start operating system Just black empty screen with the CPU fan on full speed BSOD, crashes, freezes and multiple problems One long error beep Repeated short error beeps Repeated long error beeps I m pretty sure that the processor motherboard and HDD are all more-or-less dead nbsp

A:BSOD, crashes, freezes and multiple problems

Hi and welcome.
You have described very well a dying, soon to be dead Pc.
Were you able to save any needed data and files to another Pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-crashes-freezes-and-multiple-problems.1050663/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys Before I start here are my laptop's specs https www asus com Notebooks Ultra specifications mine is the i QM GB rpm new with HDD - I bought Crashes/Freezes/BSOD's Problems version So I bought a new HDD for my laptop recently because the one my laptop had was rpm and gb I needed more space and people told me is faster although not a huge difference so I bought this one Took the old HDD that came with Problems with new HDD I bought - Crashes/Freezes/BSOD's my laptop out and put the new one without problems The OS installation went fine Windows and eventually I arrived at the desktop I started by installing all the updates first and since there were alot of them I went to download other apps I usually use in the meantime Everything seemed fine but near the end of the updates the PC crashed freezed completely No BSOD nothing It simply froze I couldn't press ctrl alt del or even move the mouse pointer So I turned it off with the power button and turned it back on and from that point on this happened all the time Everytime I turned it back on it eventually crashed some times it would show the BSOD pointing for the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Some times it would crash after tinkering around in windows other times it would crash in the login screen while logging in too and other times it wouldn't get past the black screen after the windows logo while loading OS At first I thought it was the lack of drivers so I formatted and reinstalled everything again This time I immediately went to look and install the drivers that I thought were causing related to the Problems with new HDD I bought - Crashes/Freezes/BSOD's issue chipset etc I ended up installing all drivers from manufacturer's website After doing it and tinkering around with windows for a bit it eventually Problems with new HDD I bought - Crashes/Freezes/BSOD's crashed again I would turn it off and on again but like last time it eventually crashed At this point I started trying about anything I could think of Formatted and reinstalled again thinking I had to activate it before doing anything first but it eventually crashed again Formatted and reinstalled again thinking I had to check the HDD for errors but windows found nothing and one time when windows loaded the boot tools screen not sure how it's called in english I loaded command prompt and typed in chkdsk f but it said something like quot cannot lock the drive quot Formatted and reinstalled again this time trying another OS Windows but it ends up the same After that I thought I could've inserted the HDD incorrectly into the SATA port of my laptop so I opened it up again took all the necessary screws and noticed that the disk adn indeed inserted correctly Out of desperation I gently blowed in the SATA port laptop and HDD thinking it could be dust or something else interfering the connection Turned it back on same thing again Everything I tried it eventually crashed I started thinking it's not an incorrect OS install everyone went fine with no crashes in between any of them it's not the lack of drivers with or without it ends up the same it's not if windows isn't activated it's not an error that windows can detect it's not windows or it's not the laptop itself I just opened it up and put in the old HDD and it's working flawlessly Like nothign ever happened which got me relieved I can only think of two possibilities either it's simply a defective drive or internal heating voltage problems I remember one time I turned off the PC after it crashed went to bed and when I woke up I turned it on and took much longer to eventually crash I took a mental note and after repeat testing the drive does take longer to crash when the laptop is turned off for a longer period of time This lead me to believe that it could be the causes that I just mentioned what do you guys think You think it could be something else Is it the Travelstar k HDD that's simply a bad drive Please help me I need to know if there's anything else I can try or i... Read more

A:Problems with new HDD I bought - Crashes/Freezes/BSOD's

Hello Kratos,

Much to absorb so let me see if I got this right (with a few questions added):

So you removed the original hard drive and simply replaced it with a blank new drive; correct?
Did the old drive have an OEM partition structure?
How did you mange the clean installation of Win 7? Was it via a retail disc or other method?
If a clean install, did you select the proper installer? (UEFI or Legacy to match your BIOS configuration)
Did your install hang anywhere during the install process, forcing you to do a manual power down/restart to continue?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34855-problems-new-hdd-i-bought-crashes-freezes-bsods.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've had my OCZ Agility for three days now After I Freezes, BSOD, 3 Agility 3 for only Have days. Crashes. OCZ had initially received it I installed it set it as my boot drive and set OCZ Agility 3 BSOD, Freezes, Crashes. Have only had for 3 days. my WD terabyte IDE drive I was previously using as my boot drive as another storage device I installed OCZ Agility 3 BSOD, Freezes, Crashes. Have only had for 3 days. Windows but had not set it to AHCI I immediately started having crashes and was unable to even run AS SSD Benchmark without freezing I decided to just reformat after setting OCZ Agility 3 BSOD, Freezes, Crashes. Have only had for 3 days. my bios to AHCI and reinstalled Windows In the past hours my computer has crashed - times Sometimes I'll get a BSOD others not I've checked my event viewer and notice that I get an event kernel-power error at the time where it freezes but prior to that only BTHUSB errors that my bluetooth keyboard isn't responding to commands After my computer freezes I am unable to restart immediately since my bios will not recognize that my SSD is installed I have to unplug the power wait a minute and then my computer will be able to start up as normally Crashing has occurred when playing a game running an antivirus when installing Direct X transferring some files between my terabyte and SSD and running AS SSD benchmarks My OCZ Agility is on the newest firmware I had daemon tools installed and removed it after reading that can cause BSODs I'm running out of ideas and am on the verge of returning the drive and buying a more expensive more reliable one instead If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated I've also noticed that under IDE ATA ATAPI controllers in device manager there are ATA Channel devices listed I'm not sure if this is abnormal or not The only SATA devices I have installed are my terabyte and my SSD http s postimage org hfsfelff img jpg http s postimage org udzyl hqh IMG jpg

A:OCZ Agility 3 BSOD, Freezes, Crashes. Have only had for 3 days.

Hi -

Bugcheck 0x7a = kernel corruption

The 5 items in Device Manager are normal.

Plrase run - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ocz-agility-3-bsod-freezes-crashes-have-only-had-for-3-days-660023.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone here lies the toughest case you might ever get ! I've been living with this error since 1 year. I gave my pc 3 times to specialists and I still have this dumb error which is making me hate my pc !

I have the legendary 0x124 error which guides to so many guides and multiple causes. I will now give you the minidumps I have plus my whole spec. I keep crashing in game , I freeze while being on internet. MASSIVE PROBLEM !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t63z5lt8lltkro9/Minidump.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0q86epbfz2nb5w/xcvcxv.nfo

HERE IS EVERYTHING I HAVE
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoa0xzym090zor7/SF_19-06-2013.zip
Here's my last minidump !
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbyu1m0ct7...0-%20Copie.dmp

I hope you can do something for me !

Cheers !
Attachment 273387

A:BSOD while playing and on internet , freezes and sudden crashes

Here's all what you need

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoa0xzym09...19-06-2013.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294507-bsod-while-playing-internet-freezes-sudden-crashes.html
Relevancy 57.19%

First off my Random error BSOD or no message freezes/crashes with crashes are very random and I can sometimes go a month or between crashes but the crashes usually occur while refreshing or opening a page while browsing my PC will freeze with Random freezes/crashes with no BSOD or error message my keyboard amp mouse becoming unresponsive a humming buzzing sound also comes from my speakers the buzzing stops after about - seconds but my PC remains unresponsive with no BSOD or error message leaving me with no option but to force restart my PC I have checked my event viewer and can't find any errors besides the error that the computer did not shutdown correctly caused by me force restarting After looking around the forums this seems to be an issue that pops up on here every once and a while but it seems that the solution varies from PC to PC so I don't really know where to start and with my crashes being as random as they are it is very hard for me to see if something has fixed the issue or not Im hoping that someone can possibly shed a little light on my problem and maybe give me some tests I could run that could pick up what the problem may be thanks in advance prizna

A:Random freezes/crashes with no BSOD or error message

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 reporting back results as you go as there may be other steps indicated.

Let us see a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image.

Are there any devices in error (with a !) in Device manager?

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) then Check for Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates except Bing. After requested restart check again until no more are offered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349090-random-freezes-crashes-no-bsod-error-message.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This has been happening ever BSOD and while gaming! and freezes (0x0000001e crashes 0x0000003b); since I bought my PC years ago I've taken it to a lot of technicians several times who ran hardware tests and found nothing thus weren't able to diagnose the problem It keeps happening even after I've formatted it multiple times It crashes mostly while gaming but sometimes BSOD (0x0000001e and 0x0000003b); freezes and crashes while gaming! when I'm simply browsing the web too either it freezes with colored bars on the screen or a blue screen happens mostly the latter also it's mostly x e or x b im not sure what this bump contains though but this is what mostly happened before the format Temperatures are normal video card drivers are up to date passed all memory tests Hardware seems to be fine PLEASE HELP ME Specs OS Windows Ultimate -bit Motherboard ASUS M A T-M USB CPU AMD Phenom II x BE Ghz RAM GB GPU Asus Radeon HD PSU Corsair CX- W HDD Seagate Barracuda GB rpm amp Seagate Barracuda TB rpm

A:BSOD (0x0000001e and 0x0000003b); freezes and crashes while gaming!

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8005f13ab0, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa8006df4310}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys

---------
Its your graphics drivers causing a problem here.

Have your tried uninstalling the catalist control center?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345376-bsod-0x0000001e-0x0000003b-freezes-crashes-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello This is my first post here in this crashes, and BSOD random freezes, reboots Laptop at forum I have read the rules but I am not currently at my computer and will post my zip file when I am back I have an ACER Aspire G My problem started around two weeks ago Laptop freezes, crashes, BSOD and reboots at random I had to make a Skype call but my mozilla and skype started acting up not responding and then my computer crashed with a BSOD It worked afterwards but later the day it crashed two or three times again I got IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and BAD POOL HEADER and some others that I don t remember Then two days later it started crashing at a regular interval usually it happens around - in the afternoon but there are some exceptions It usually crashes two or three times and then it works at least for now afterwards it works properly Then last week I noticed that it started rebooting itself without even a BSOD before the crash it works properly and after the crash the computer slow down it even takes almost a minute to shut down From what I read it could be either bad RAM bad motherboard or bad PSU I will post my results a bit later today Sorry

A:Laptop freezes, crashes, BSOD and reboots at random

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265479-laptop-freezes-crashes-bsod-reboots-random.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Pretty much as the title describes Of late the system has been prone to random resets freezing up entirely No HDD activity etc And it seldom goes to BSOD it just freeze screens and I have to manually powerdown To help diagnostic I am not going to lie I did a stupid thing and reinstalled Daemon tools I had an image file I had to get at Its since been removed and I even did a system restore to a point before it was put back in But the problems have persisted I also cannot at current update my video card drivers to current install as theres and occasional of In out restarts and BSOD. freezes, game crashes, a few old as shit apps I have to run on a day by day that dont seem to want to run under the newest drivers ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting Is basically what it looked like Froze at this point in playing Stalker SoC Cellphone camera quality not withstanding A couple of the BSOD's i've received are PFN List Corrupt Bad Pool Header Memory Management As a pre-emptive strike I ran Memtest for passes and it came back with errors as well

A:In and out of game freezes, crashes, restarts and occasional BSOD.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\Feonir\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\042112-28485-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17790.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03059000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0329d650
Debug session time: Sat Apr 21 10:12:42.138 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:19:44.777
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {2, 1fa6cb, 22ffff, 2000}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8d )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, A list entry was corrupt
Arg2: 00000000001fa6cb, entry in list being removed
Arg3: 000000000022ffff, highest physical page number
Arg4: 0000000000002000, reference count of entry being removed

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_2

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030e639d to fffff800030d5c80

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09187778 fffff800`030e639d : 00000000`0000004e 00000000`00000002 00000000`001fa6cb 00000000`0022ffff : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`09187780 fffff800`030b6a74 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09f15df0 fffff8a0`0a5f9c00 fffff8a0`0a5f9b10 : nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+0x8d
fffff880`09187800 fffff800`033b0a81 : fffffa80`09f15df0 fffff6fc`4001f2d0 fffff8a0`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiValidateImagePages+0x244
fffff880`091878b0 fffff800`033b0bc0 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`0e8e5010 00000000`00000006 : nt!MiSwitchBaseAddress+0x61
fffff880`091878e0 fffff800`033d179f : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000080 00000000`01000000 00000000`01000000 : nt!MiRelocateImageAgain+0x100
fffff880`09187930 fffff800`033b0306 : fffff880`09187b80 fffff880`09187ca0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09187b78 : nt!MmCreateSection+0x2df
fffff880`09187b30 fffff800`030d4f13 : fffffa80`07aeb060 00000000`006ef058 fffff880`09187bc8 00000000`006ef228 : nt!NtCreateSection+0x171
fffff880`09187bb0 00000000`779717ba : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`006ef038 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x779717ba
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225871-out-game-freezes-crashes-restarts-occasional-bsod.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently contracted a .scr virus and removed it using malwarebytes, for the last couple of days my laptop would randomly BSOD, usually when i turn on the laptop of shut it down, it then freezes at memory dump 100 so i need to manually turn off my PC by holding the off switch. I read up on the posting instructions of a BSOD and ran DM Log Collector. This should be attached below. I just really want to stop the BSOD from happening continuously, pls help.

A:BSOD randomly Crashes my Laptop and freezes at Memory dump 100

You installed malwarebytes as a trial and the trial period is expired?

MBAM causes BSODs only in two situations. First, it is an expired trial; and second, it is a pirated license.

Whatever, you uninstall MBAM. Go to https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ and get the Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware (neither the premium one nor the free trial). Attachment 353200
Let us know for any further BSOD after doing it.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8009a1a360, fffffa8009a1a380, 4020036}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364679-bsod-randomly-crashes-my-laptop-freezes-memory-dump-100-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there after the removal of virus's from my PC with awesome help in your removal thread tysm Chemist D I have been left with some PC freezes and BSOD's When I boot up normally I find that I can experience - BSOD a day that flash up before it restarts so fast that I can't read what it says As advised I tried virus with computer BSOD removal after Left and crashes freezes to boot up with 'disable automatic restart on system failure' however after about a week of doing this I found that instead of BSOD my PC would just lock up completely so I had to hold down the power button for it to restart However all these freezes happen when i'm playing World of Warcraft Either that or the game gives me a critical error and closes Once I have had one crash of the game or error it usually gets worse until after a few more crashes it won't let me open the game at all Then when I restart it's back to normal again Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any help Left with BSOD crashes and computer freezes after virus removal you may be able to give I hope I have posted this correctly I did read what to do before posting but I could only see instructions Left with BSOD crashes and computer freezes after virus removal for Windows and Windows Vista I am using Windows XP Lucy

A:Left with BSOD crashes and computer freezes after virus removal

The instructions below (courtesy of JCGriff) are for the Windows XP version of his report:

Quote:

Download these 2 files; save both to My Documents folder -

1. Microsoft SysInternals AutoRuns - http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe

2. System file collection app - http://sysnative.com/0x8/BSOD_XP_v1.3_jcgriff2_PROD_.exe

Go to My Documents folder and run #2. It will run #1.

Output = newly created folder in My Docs - TSF_XP_Support

Zip up the entire folder and attach to next post.

Also -
- Run Speccy - Download Speccy 1.11.256 - FileHippo.com
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

- Run - systeminfo.exe on xp home
`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/left-with-bsod-crashes-and-computer-freezes-after-virus-removal-628340.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

Lately there are weird things going on with my computer.

Firstly, on the 07/01/2014 I had a BSOD. Details below :
71d3160702ca3f91376bc753df0c5547.png (unfortunately my MiniDump folder is empty, so this is all I can provide)

And ever since then every time I come home, and turn my computer on, I log in and after approximately 5-10 minutes, the computer shuts it self down, or freezes and I have to boot it.

Usually, my computer shuts down when I start playing a game, and freezes when I just sit on the desktop, writing on skype etc.

I have completed a SFdebugFiles and I am attaching below (It doesnt let me upload msinfo32 file)

A:BSOD, Then random computer crashes when playing, freezes on startup.

Also, would reinstalling windows system be a solution ? I was thinking about doing it anyways

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318408-bsod-then-random-computer-crashes-when-playing-freezes-startup.html
Relevancy 56.33%

It started about - weeks ago and is getting worse I can no longer leave my pc on overnight or it freezes If I errors and BSOD. No eventview 18 Random Program Crashes. Over freezes, run more than - programs it freezes I was watching a video once with headphones on and heard a loud noise Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview then freeze I at first thought it was just one of my hard drives dying because I had similar symptoms before I removed it But the fact that the crashes are happening more frequently without accessing the questionable e has me stumped Then I figured maybe it was the overclock I did in my bios But restoring it to normal has had little effect on the performance of my machine I have run and run on an almost daily basis the following All updated daily or when available Microsoft Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview security essentials Superantispyware Malwarebytes CCleaner JV power tools Tuneup utilities Diskeeper Just Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview started using - days ago Comodo firewall I also use driver genius pro and patch my pc to make sure all my drivers are up to date MY Event Log has had the following consistent errors in just the past days Critical Kernal Power Error Kernel-Event Tracking Disk Atapi Disk Side by Side Application error Application hang Microsoft Antimalware Eventlog Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Browser DistributedCom My PC OS windows Pro x SP CPU I K stock Motherboard ASRock Z PROFESSIONAL GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DD G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL gb total Graphics Card s Evga gtx Superclocked sli reference Evga gtx Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays Acer HN H D Vision-ready LCD Monitor Screen Resolution x p Hard Drives Crucial M CT M SSD CCA quot GB SATA III SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD FASS TB RPM MB Western Digital Caviar Green WD EARS TB MB PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP- W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply Case COOLER MASTER HAF Cooling Cooler Master RR-B - P-G Hyper Plus Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview

Hi
Let start with testing the hardware
Since we don't know the cause of it and events you have posted don't tell much

1) Run memtest on your machine download it from the link in my signature
burn it on CD and boot your machine with it
Make sure to only have one stick of RAM in your system when you are running then test and run it for 8-11 passes
Then turn off the PC and replace that RAM stick which was just tested with the other one run the same process again

Download HWmonitor and post the temps under full load and idle

Also I personally do not like Driver updating software from 3rd parties
so If i were you to download the drivers from Asrock's website for your motherboard model as well as for your video card from Nvidia's website
Use Driver sweeper to uninstall the current drivers
Reboot
install the just downloaded drivers

Also do as this thread says and post the files
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freezes-and-program-crashes-no-bsod-over-18-errors-eventview-639114.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi started having BSODs and freezes about a month ago thought i was related to the rams and i changed my rams to Kingston gb but i didnt solve my and gpu load) Freezes playing Crashes 7E BSOD while games(high problem t BSOD 7E Crashes and Freezes while playing games(high gpu load) happens randomly and only sometimes it gives bsods and the other times it just freezes with a buzzing noise t happens randomly and it happens almost instantly when i start playing Battlefield Bad Company x or any lower resoution bsods happen in any other game My Setup Asus M A TD-V Evo Amd Athlon II X GHz Kingston KHX C D K GX Sapphire GB Video Card GB HDD TB backup drive HDD or Watt Xigmatek Psu Windows Ultimate x Memcheck sfc scannow and chkdsk all clean did the SF Diagnostic Tool you can find the contend dont have mini dump instead i have memory dump here MEMORY rar download - shared n Eventwvr bug check says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xffffffffc xfffff a ff xfffff xfffff ef A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - am experienced in T would be very happy if you could help me with this problem

A:BSOD 7E Crashes and Freezes while playing games(high gpu load)

Can somebody help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261729-bsod-7e-crashes-freezes-while-playing-games-high-gpu-load.html
Relevancy 56.33%

This is my annual my pc is breaking errors and BSOD. Over No Random Program freezes, eventview Crashes. 18 down and i don't know why post Figures I have only had this build for a year It started about - weeks ago and is getting worse I can no longer leave my pc on overnight or it freezes If I run more than - programs it freezes Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview I was watching a video once with headphones on and heard a loud noise then freeze I at first thought it was just one of my hard drives dying because I had similar symptoms before I removed it But the fact that the crashes are happening more frequently without accessing the questionable e has me stumped Then I figured maybe it was the overclock I did in my bios But restoring it to normal has had little effect on the performance of my machine I have run and run on an almost daily basis the following All updated daily or when available Microsoft security essentials Superantispyware Malwarebytes CCleaner JV power tools Tuneup utilities Diskeeper Just started using - days ago Comodo firewall I also use driver genius pro and patch my pc to make sure all my drivers are up to date MY Event Log has had the following consistent errors in just the past days Critical Kernal Power Error Kernel-Event Tracking Disk Atapi Disk Side by Side Application error Application hang Microsoft Antimalware Eventlog Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Browser DistributedCom My PC OS windows Pro x SP CPU I K stock Motherboard ASRock Z PROFESSIONAL GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DD G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL gb total Graphics Card s Evga gtx Superclocked sli reference Evga gtx Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays Acer HN H D Vision-ready LCD Monitor Screen Resolution x p Hard Drives Crucial M CT M SSD CCA quot GB SATA III SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD FASS TB RPM MB Western Digital Caviar Green WD EARS TB MB PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP- W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply Case COOLER MASTER HAF Cooling Cooler Master RR-B - P-G Hyper Plus

A:Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222836-random-freezes-program-crashes-no-bsod-over-18-errors-eventview.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, my PC keeps freezing randomly, can be while gaming, online or even when it is just sitting idle on the desktop. Iv'e reinstalled windows twice and updated all my drivers but it still keeps on happening.

My Specs are:
Intel Core i5 4430 - no overclock
1 x 4gb DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
Cooler Master RS-500-PCAP-I3

When the crash happens there is no blue screen and the screen just freezes. If there is any sound playing it just goes into a buzzing sound and stays like this until I reboot, after this the PC starts like normal. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610971/windows-10-random-crashes-no-bsod-screensound-freezes/
Relevancy 56.33%

It started about - weeks ago and is getting worse I can no longer leave my pc on overnight or it freezes If I run more than - programs it freezes I was watching a and Over freezes, eventview 18 errors Random BSOD. log No Crashes. Program video once with headphones on and heard a loud noise then freeze I at first thought it was just one of my hard drives dying because I had similar symptoms before I removed it But the fact that the crashes are happening more frequently without accessing Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview log the questionable e has me stumped Then I figured maybe it was the overclock I did in my bios But restoring it to normal has had little effect on the performance of my machine I have run and run on an almost daily basis the following All updated daily or when available Microsoft security essentials Superantispyware Malwarebytes CCleaner JV power tools Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview log Tuneup utilities Diskeeper Just started using - days ago Comodo firewall I also use driver genius pro and patch my pc to make sure all my drivers are up to date MY Event Log has had the following consistent errors in just the past days Critical Kernal Power Error Kernel-Event Tracking Disk Atapi Disk Side by Side Application error Application hang Microsoft Antimalware Eventlog Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Service Control Manager Browser DistributedCom My PC OS windows Pro x SP CPU I K stock Motherboard ASRock Z PROFESSIONAL GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DD G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL gb total Graphics Card s Evga gtx Superclocked sli reference Evga gtx Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays Acer HN H D Vision-ready LCD Monitor Screen Resolution x p Hard Drives Crucial M CT M SSD CCA amp quot GB SATA III SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD FASS TB RPM MB Western Digital Caviar Green WD EARS TB MB PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP- W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply Case COOLER MASTER HAF Cooling Cooler Master RR-B - P-G Hyper Plus Any information would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezes-and-program-crashes-no-bsod-over-18-errors-eventview-log.1048046/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone Bought a new laptop almost a year ago i was never able to find the cause of the crashes Here some specs - Intel i - U CPU - Asus K CB motherboard - NVIDIA GeForce GT m Dedicated GPU - Intel HD Graphics Integrated GPU - gb Ram single stick - Windows had the same problem with win On every game i play i get random freezes random crashes random BSODs some games do crash more frequently than others i've tried older drivers i've also formatted my pc but the problem Asus Gaming, Notebook while A56CB BSOD/Crashes/Freezes is still there Im not using any antivirus windows defender is enough for me What gets on my nerves the most is that even on old BSOD/Crashes/Freezes while Gaming, Asus Notebook A56CB games like quake live do crashand sometime it also gives me BSODs the fps are constant and quite high but i randomly get freezes about - second long another example im playing SMITE i get - fps but the game crashes every - mins this game rarely gives me BSODs when im lucky the game wont crash for - min but its very rare the gpu can reach - C With quot crash quot i mean black screen with a window saying quot Game exe has stopped working quot there are other odds things happening on this notebook for example i cant access to the bios while booting i can only access to it once i log to my windows account another strange thing is when i left click any file sometime it takes - seconds to get the quot open open with copy paste cut etc window opened quot I've also noticed that sometime while gaming my disk usage get to for an istant and when that happens i get a lag spike freeze you guys are my last hope if there is no way to find the source of my problems ill build a desktop and than ill keep sending the notebook to warranty until they fix it i've still got year of warranty i've also sent it once already but they only changed the hard disk and it didnt solve the problem too Sorry for my poor english hope it is understandable

A:BSOD/Crashes/Freezes while Gaming, Asus Notebook A56CB

please someone... D:

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47759-bsod-crashes-freezes-while-gaming-asus-notebook-a56cb.html
Relevancy 55.9%

? OS : Vista Home Premium
? x86 (32-bit)
? Vista home premium original installed on system.
? I purchased it from retailer(New, Not Used).
? Age of system (hardware):Over 3.5 Years.
? I have re-installed (Reset To Factory) the OS a few days ago.
? CPU :2.20 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7500 featuring Intel Centrino Duo processor technology
Cache 4 MB Level 2 cache
Memory 2048 (2 x 1024 MB)
? Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
? MotherBoard: Wistron
Model:30CE, 80.52
Chipset:Intel GM965 Rev Co
Southbridge:Intel 8280 HBM (ICH8-Me)
? Power Supply - brand & wattage: 90 W AC Power Adapter,6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery,hp.
. System Manufacturer:HP
? Exact model number(laptop):COMPAQ PAVILION DV2750ee,

A:BSOD, Crashes And Hangs & multiple colour lines appeared and sometimes it freezes.

Weird, there is no mention in the syslog of either an unexpected crash nor a bsod.

If you are a getting video artifacting, this can be caused in laptops by:

- Bad motherboard
- Bad graphics controller
- Bad connection to display

If it's freezing, I don't think it's so much a bad connection to the display as it is bad hardware. Either way, this is a part that cannot be replaced, and the entire laptop must be sent in for repairs or replacement.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-crashes-and-hangs-and-multiple-colour-lines-appeared-and-sometimes-it-freezes-613983.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone New to this forum and hope I have posted this in the right place I built a computer from scratch for the first time about a month ago and it has been exceedingly unreliable since I first began to use it Often I can use it for hours with no problems I'm typing this on it now before it crashes more rarely it'll crash or freeze after just a few minutes When it's working it's extremely quick as it should be for a high spec gaming PC There is no hint of slowdown or poor performance other than complete crashes Since I first built it it's never gone an entire day without a crash Typically it will crash - times if I attempt to use it all day The nature of the crashes are baffling to me as it's not the same error each time I get - most and newly built system display (BSOD's, a Variety on freezes) crashes of errors common at first Variety of crashes (BSOD's, display errors and freezes) on a newly built system but now rarer BSOD's leading to an automatic restart - most common The monitor goes black and on standby and the backlight on my keyboard goes out However the computer continues to run and all the fans on all the components continue to spin Only way out is to hold the power button on the PC down - more rarely Computer completely freezes the display looks normal but nothing will respond windows clearly frozen rather than keyboard mouse issues as the clock stops updating - more rarely The monitor suddenly displays jagged chaotic lines across the entire screen forcing a hard restart Backlight on the keyboard Variety of crashes (BSOD's, display errors and freezes) on a newly built system stays on computer stays on but is completely unresponsive The crashes don't seem to pertain to a particular activity I am a gamer and have had long sessions on games like Skyrim Borderlands and The Witcher smoothly with no problems The system has crashed while gaming but more often it happens whilst simply browsing the internet or listening to music I've tried leaving the system on with nothing open at all and it still always crashes after a few hours Having built the system myself for the first time I'm trying to learn as much as I can about computers and was determined to figure it out on my own After weeks though I'm out of ideas Things I've tried - Run CPU stress tests temps never go above c - Run memtest with coverage and no errors I realise the longer you run memtest the better but my system always crashes before it can go for more than a few hours - Run a hard driver checker from the Western Digital website no issues - Run driver verifier no BSOD if there was a driver problem it should have caused a BSOD instantly correct - Reinstalled windows - Reseated the RAM amp video card - Tried each stick of RAM on its own and in different slot configurations - Set RAM frequency amp voltage to manufacturer specifications - Switched the video card to a different PCI-E slot - Removed and reinstalled video card drivers from manufacturer disc Didn't work tried updating to more recent drivers from manufacturer website - Updated the motherboard BIOS to latest version - Unpluged everything from PC except keyboard and mouse I usually use a USB sound card Specs below OS - Windows bit What was original installed OS on system Windows bit Is the OS an OEM version or full retail version It's a dell version of Windows that I bought on disc from a local computer shop The rest of the system was built by me with brand new components Age of system hardware month everything brand new Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Yes I reinstalled the OS a few days ago hoping that would fix things CPU Intel Core i Video Card Sapphire Radeon x GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile x GB DDR Mhz MotherBoard MSI Z -G ATX Power Supply Corsair CXM w semi-modular System Manufacturer Custom built by me I apologise for the length but I wanted to be thorough I will try and reply to anyone as quickly as possible I live in the UK Bear with me as it will take some time... Read more

A:Variety of crashes (BSOD's, display errors and freezes) on a newly built system

How interesting. Immediately after posting this thread, I experienced a new error.

I was browsing the internet on chrome and had a couple of notepad documents open, as well as a few windows explorer windows. Chrome completely shuts down with no warning, and the start menu disappears. Only the two notepad documents remain. I close them, and am greeted with a completely blank desktop without a taskbar at the bottom or any icons on the desktop at all. I tried to ctrl + alt + del and an error message pops up, something about it not being able to open the task manager.

I would have copied out the entire message (am on my laptop now) but shortly afterwards, the horizontal, chaotic lines across the screen that I mentioned in my first post happened.

This has never happened before and seemingly makes the problem even harder to narrow down.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/variety-of-crashes-bsods-display-errors-and-freezes-on-a-newly-built-system-883993.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone New to this forum and hope I have posted this in the Variety crashes and system of newly a freezes) on display (BSOD's, built errors right place I built a computer from scratch for the first time about a month ago and it has been exceedingly unreliable since I first began to use it Often I can use it for hours with no problems I m typing this on it now before it crashes more rarely it ll crash or freeze after just a few minutes When it s working it s extremely quick as it should be for a high spec gaming PC There is no hint of slowdown or poor performance other than complete crashes Since I first built it it s never gone an entire day without a crash Typically it will crash - times if I attempt to use it all day The nature of the crashes are Variety of crashes (BSOD's, display errors and freezes) on a newly built system baffling to me as it s not the same error each time I get - BSOD s leading to an automatic restart - The monitor goes black and on standby However the computer continues to run and all the fans on all the components continue to spin - Computer completely freezes the display looks normal but nothing will respond windows clearly frozen rather than keyboard mouse issues as the clock stops updating - The monitor suddenly displays jagged chaotic lines across the entire screen forcing a hard restart The crashes don t seem to pertain to a particular activity I am a gamer and have had long sessions on games like Skyrim Borderlands and The Witcher smoothly with no problems The system has crashed while gaming but more often it happens whilst Variety of crashes (BSOD's, display errors and freezes) on a newly built system simply browsing the internet or listening to music I ve tried leaving the system on with nothing open at all and it still always crashes after a few hours Having built the system myself I m trying to learn as much as I can about computers and was determined to figure it out on my own After weeks though I m out of ideas Things I ve tried - Run CPU stress tests temps never go above c - Run memtest with coverage and no errors I realise the longer you run memtest the better but my system always crashes before it can go for more than a few hours - Run a hard driver checker from the Western Digital website no issues - Run driver verifier no BSOD if there was a driver problem it should have caused a BSOD instantly correct - Reinstalled windows - Reseated the RAM amp video card - Tried each stick of RAM on its own and in different slot configurations - Set RAM frequency amp voltage to manufacturer specifications - Switched the video card to a different PCI-E slot - Removed and reinstalled video card drivers from manufacturer disc Didn t work tried updating to more recent drivers from manufacturer website - Updated the motherboard BIOS to latest version - Unpluged everything from PC except keyboard and mouse I usually use a USB sound card Specs OS - Windows bit dell version of Windows that I bought on disc from a local computer shop Age of system hardware month everything brand new CPU Intel Core i Video Card Sapphire Radeon R x GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile x GB DDR Mhz MotherBoard MSI Z -G ATX Power Supply Corsair CXM w I apologise for the length but I wanted to be thorough I will try and reply to anyone as quickly as possible I live in the UK Bear with me as it will take some time until I know whether anything is fixed since the system will often run smoothly for hours before anything goes wrong If it runs for more than hours with no issues I ll consider it sorted Perfmon is attached but if anything else is needed do let me know Really appreciate everyone s time nbsp

A:Variety of crashes (BSOD's, display errors and freezes) on a newly built system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/variety-of-crashes-bsods-display-errors-and-freezes-on-a-newly-built-system.1132264/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello faithful people of Tech Suppport Forum My newly bought desktop computer Acer Aspire M is now days after the in shows freezes Win7 desktop with then crashes artifacts, [SOLVED] computer and BSoD purchase bringing me BSoD's everytime I open L D or Empire Total War the only graphic intensive games I have In L [SOLVED] Win7 desktop computer shows artifacts, freezes and then crashes with BSoD in d it will crash almost immediatly if I up all the video settings on the other hand if I set all settings to low I can play perhaps minutes before artifacts start showing up on the screen and the computer inevitably crashes with a BSoD Which is mesmerizing to me as the GPU is mid range and should easily run L D the driver for the GPU is the newest and I have also tried build and all to no avail Empire total war starts with artifacts after a minute then screen freeze and then the dreaded BSoD The computer also crashes with BSoD when I click the perfomance tab in my nvidia control panel and And also if I open nTune So any bright minds out there who can spot what the cause of this BSoD problem is Specs OS - Windows OEM Bit - bit The OS is the original OS I bought it days ago Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz CPUs GHz NVIDIA GeForce GT American Megatrends Inc P -B - - dump files perfmon rapport and more details in the attached zip file

A:[SOLVED] Win7 desktop computer shows artifacts, freezes and then crashes with BSoD in

See if update available for NVIDIA video drivers -

Code:
nvlddmkm.sys Fri Oct 08 03:41:00 2010 (4CAECB0C)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#nvlddmkm.sys

Update Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection driver -

Code:
e1y62x64.sys Fri Jun 12 21:16:42 2009 (4A32FDFA)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#e1y62x64.sys

You have Windows 7 SP1 RTM installed; check for any additional Windows Updates -

www.update.microsoft.com

Remove McAfee Internet Sercurity - McAfee Removal -- sysnative.com

Reboot upon completion; Install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-win7-desktop-computer-shows-artifacts-freezes-and-then-crashes-with-bsod-in-547077.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have Windows Professional bit I got a new stick of GB DDR memory Whether I use it by itself or with another stick the computer blue screens with random errors instantly when trying to boot Windows A GB stick of the same speed from the same manufacturer works great in Windows So you would think that the memory stick is bad But I let it run a memtest test for over hours it made passes and had no problems Also passed a Windows Memory Diagnostic from the startup menu I was able to boot into Ubuntu bit with no problems It recognized the full GB and was passing a linux memtester test with memory 7 windows New in great works memtest/linux, crashes no issues So the memory seems to be good Is there some setting that could cause Windows bit to crash with GB or more I should add that I can't boot into safe mode either Random blue screens when the colored dots are New memory works great in memtest/linux, crashes windows 7 moving on the boot screen

A:New memory works great in memtest/linux, crashes windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by 7X64User

Hello,
I have Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I got a new stick of 4GB DDR3 1333 memory. Whether I use it by itself or with another stick, the computer blue screens with random errors instantly when trying to boot Windows 7. A 2GB stick of the same speed from the same manufacturer works great in Windows 7. So you would think that the memory stick is bad. But I let it run a memtest86 test for over 8 hours, it made 6 passes and had no problems. Also passed a Windows Memory Diagnostic from the startup menu. I was able to boot into Ubuntu 64bit with no problems. It recognized the full 6GB and was passing a linux memtester test with no issues. So the memory seems to be good. Is there some setting that could cause Windows 7 64bit to crash with 4GB or more?

We need the dmp file to be sure, but can you run a system file check to verify you OS?

At the end there is a report that we need the results of

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141481-new-memory-works-great-memtest-linux-crashes-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got a corsair force 3 ssd so i did some reading and disconnected my 2 1TB WD HDDs and started to update bios. Bios updated flawlessly as normal so I began installing the SSD as corsair say only flash firmware if you have issues they dont recommend to do it for no reason. So i changed my bios to run in ACHI mode and installed fresh copy of windows 7 on the SSD. The system runs great but when i reconnect the first HDD the system doesnt make past the POST or black boot up screen.

Im not sure what to do to get my HDD working with my SSD. I want to have my SSD for windows7 and few games and the HDD for videos, documents etc. At this point I have no Idea what to do.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

A:SSD installed and works great but HDD freezes system any ideas?

What firmware does the SSD have? 1.3.3? That's the one that got my system to be stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/201622-ssd-installed-works-great-but-hdd-freezes-system-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got a rather irritating Virtumundo problem earlier and while i did manage to remove it or so the virtumunodbegone program claims my browsers are not working properly so i would like some help in fixing them if possible and gods know what other old stuff is on my computer as aside from some scans and such i haven't done any serious cleaning o O Here is my highjackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Websites On Started When Internet Explorer Firefox Freezes & Some Freezes/crashes Programfiler Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Programfiler Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Programfiler D-Tools daemon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Programfiler Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Programfiler WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Programfiler SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Programfiler SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Programfiler Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS Internet Explorer Freezes When Started & Firefox Freezes/crashes On Some Websites system nvsvc exeC Programfiler Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC Programfiler Fellesfiler Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System UAService exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Programfiler MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Programfiler MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Programfiler Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn no R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msn no R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Internet Explorer Freezes When Started & Firefox Freezes/crashes On Some Websites Default Search URL http search msn no R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak prosearching comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoblingerO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programfiler Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Programfiler SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Programfiler Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Programfiler Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO no name - A A B -F D - FA -B D- DF E CDE - C WINDOWS system vtutq dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programfiler Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programfiler Fellesfiler Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Programfiler MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c programfiler google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Programfiler Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programfiler MSN A... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Freezes When Started & Firefox Freezes/crashes On Some Websites

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer. One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan. You have a very severely infected system -- likely because of the lack of antivirus & firewall software.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can clean this machine but I cannot guarantee it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139766/internet-explorer-freezes-when-started-firefox-freezescrashes-on-some-websites/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm new, so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.

I kept getting the (HORRORS!) Blue Screen of Death and wasn't sure what was causing it. There was a STOP message with a string of numbers (shown below) and I wanted to know if this is resulting from my OS or possibly some other program. Once I know this, I can just address that problem directly instead of hoping I get it right through trial and error.

So, does anyone know what the following string of numbers refers to?

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x821571AA, 0x9316694C, 0x00000000)

Is it OS related or something else?

- - -

Also, I am vaguely familiar with computers and electronics but I want to step it up a bit. Are there any books that I could read that would help me improve my understanding of computers and computer diagnostics, maintenance and repair?

Looking for recommendations that are at a college level.

A:The Great BSoD!!

Hi,

If you are able to reach the desktop, please follow these instructions:Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista - Tech Support Forum

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morobishi

Also, I am vaguely familiar with computers and electronics but I want to step it up a bit. Are there any books that I could read that would help me improve my understanding of computers and computer diagnostics, maintenance and repair?

Looking for recommendations that are at a college level.

In terms of computer hardware, practical learning is best. I learnt most of what I know about hardware from building and troubleshooting real systems. First time I built I spent ages going through spec. sheets, review sites and tutorials to make sure the parts were compatible and consequently figured out how the hardware all worked together, where the common bottlenecks were and other useful bits of information. When I put the parts together it didn't work immediately - in the course of resolving that issue I also learnt a lot.

In terms of software, it all depends on how deep you want to go. Windows Internals is a great book, but may be more advanced than what you are looking for.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/the-great-bsod-609053.html
Relevancy 49.88%

For the past few freezes/recovers ~once freezes/crashes or day Computer per weeks about hour after booting my computer up in Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day the morning whatever program Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day I'm using at the moment will stop responding If I continue to try to get it to respond its screen will dim and I get the message quot Not responding quot The disk activity light goes on To a certain extent I can still get to other programs that are already running but I can't open new Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day ones Usually if I just sit and wait after about - sec everything will be ok again other times nothing will happen for several minutes after which I'll get a BSOD with the message quot Windows was shut down quot and Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Because of this I've been running Process Explorer When the problem occurs I can switch to it if it's on the second screen of my dual-screen system When I do so almost everything seems normal CPU System Commit GB Physical Memory GB I kB Network B Disk kB The abnormal indication is that the disk shows kB even though the disk activity indicator is on of the time The list of processes shows Avast anti-virus program and System to have overwhelmingly the largest I O Read Bytes but this doesn't seem abnormal I use the program WhoCrashed to check dump files Some time ago I used it to cause a deliberate crash to check that dump files were being written They are However when I check crash dump files after the BSOD there is nothing new in them WhoCrashed shows only the results of the test crash Usually but not always after the first - sec freeze and or crash the computer seems to be ok for the rest of the day Any ideas as to what is causing this or how I can check further PLEASE NOTE I downloaded and ran the DM Log Collector When I did so I got a brief notice saying something to the effect of quot Action not completed Access is denied quot However it did create a zip file on the desktop But when I try to upload it I get the message quot You don't have permission to open this file quot I'm running as Administrator What's wrong

A:Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day

You're the only user of the system I assume?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395499-computer-freezes-recovers-freezes-crashes-once-per-day.html
Relevancy 49.02%

As I was searching for noteworthy Windows 8 apps on the internet I stumbled across this awesome site that list Windows 8 apps and filters poor apps. The site is Great Windows Apps - A Better Windows Store. Visit their about page to know more Great Windows Apps - About This Site

Its good to know that there are a lot of activities surrounding Windows 8 by the community to improve the app ecosystem.

I hope you guys find it useful as much I do.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum section to post this so please forgive my noob-ness if I did something wrong by posting this.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14037-great-site-look-great-windows-8-apps.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip

? OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
? x64
? OEM
? System age: ~1 year
? OS Age: About 6mo

? CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.4Ghz
? Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 6670
? MotherBoard - ASUS m4n68t-m
? Power Supply - 650W (I think, I can't seem to find any information on it)

? System Manufacturer: Cyberpower

I'm not entirely sure what is going on. I thought I fixed the BSOD problem a few months ago but my computer has been crashing recently. Let me know if I did anything wrong with the report!

Thanks for all of your help!

Here is the latest crashes error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 109
BCP1: A3A039D899BFB970
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 727A71B88106E0B1
BCP4: 0000000000000101
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD Multiple crashes, thought the problem was fixed, but now my system crashes again

Turn on Driver Verifier. Select all checks except Force Pending I/O Requests, Low Resource Sim, and IRP Logging. Restart afterwards. Provide us any new crashdumps.

Note that the latest crashdump can occur commonly from RAM issues. You should run at least 7 passes of Memtest86+.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-multiple-crashes-thought-the-problem-was-fixed-but-now-my-system-crashes-again-649389.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'll keep this short and sweet because I know how busy you guys are I built a gaming computer from scratch there were a lot of problems even getting it working initially this time as compared to the last one I built custom streaming gaming, build, crashes, BSOD, crashes game that I had zero problems with ever I am getting a lot of BSOD's games freeze and crash movies freeze and crash and streaming does too In addition I am getting an error occasionally with the GPU that tells me it has timed out and reset the GPU I used the windows recommended fix for this and set the response timeout time to seconds since I have done so I have only seen this problem once I was wondering if I had too little power for my system but I have seen threads with similar problems custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes that have plenty of power I followed custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes the instructions to the best of my ability and you should find all of the information you have asked for below Please don't hesitate to ask for anything else you may need I truly appreciate what you guys are doing here for so many people OS - Windows Vista Windows Ultimate x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system W Ultimate x Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Purchased auth key downloaded and mounted files to flash drive for install Age of system hardware less than months components purchased separately at the same time Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Original install on this hard drive Initial attempts to install the same OS to SSD failed and SSD was replaced with a standard SATA hard drive CPU AMD FX- Video Card MSI R GD T OC Radeon R MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop MSI A SLI KRAIT EDITION AMD CHIPSET Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop EVGA -B - -KR PLUS Bronze W ADDITIONAL INFO HD - Hitachi TB MB RPM SATA Gb s WIFI CARD - Mbps PCI -E WiFi wireless Card RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Memory White - GB Kit x GB - DDR MHz - installed in the slots that don't share the bandwidth - don't know a ton about this so forgive me if that doesn't make total sense System Manufacturer Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Laptop or Desktop custom built desktop mostly MSI components DRIVER VERIFIER - forced to reset computer to the restore point I was instructed to make before running it HD TEST - haven't run yet RAM TEST - haven't run yet ran windows memory test was never showed results after restart

A:custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes

IMO, the suggested fixes for the TDR timeout of the video card only conceals the problem - it doesn't fix it.If the card is timing out, then fixing the cause of the timeout is preferable (IMO) to just lengthening the timeout. Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuinePlease be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).And here's the analysis:Only 263 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.Many more Live Kernel Events than BSOD events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.This is suggestive of a hardware problem (this isn't a 100% diagnosis - rather it's an increased likelihood of a hardware problem).Regardless, it's enough to suggest doing hardware diagnostics.  Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Out of 21 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD  (aka STOP or BugCheck) error codes.  The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)- missing Windows Updates- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems- low-level driver problems- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlAMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems. NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013. Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program.Please note that I stated "video stuff", as some integrated processors may have the graphics chip built in (which may involve the chipse... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617823/custom-build-gaming-bsod-game-crashes-streaming-crashes/
Relevancy 46.01%

Thanks for listening as my user name reflects I am now into stuff I'm ignorant about History Had this computer a little over a year I Browser windows memory crashes, crashes, BSOD complete, won't test with gb of memory windows ultimate etc About a month ago started seeing BSOD's The BSOD would normally reflect quot Memory Management quot as the cause Then the browsers started crashing tried Browser crashes, windows crashes, memory test won't complete, BSOD chrome firefox and IE Have removed and re installed all of them I continue to received quot windows has recovered quot screens Was reading this thread attempted the memory test via CD it ran for several hours actually alowed it to run all night Browser crashes, windows crashes, memory test won't complete, BSOD When I went to bed it was on test the errors were moving from to I got up this morning same numbers same test Seemed like it was stuck on that run even though the error numbers were still changing I have down loaded and ran who crashed It's conclusion is ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- crash dumps have been found and analyzed A Browser crashes, windows crashes, memory test won't complete, BSOD third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers shareduserdata sys If no updates for these drivers are available try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attempted to install and run the quot SF diagnostic tool quot from the desk top I get an error message x I have a temperature monitor utility all temperatures are within range Recently I have run the Norman Malware cleaner Not sure where to go from here

A:Browser crashes, windows crashes, memory test won't complete, BSOD

If Memtest86+ is showing up errors, then there are hardware issues present. It's just discerning what hardware is bad. Initial suspect obviously is memory, but the unusual case makes it think it's some logic error like some CPU failure or something. It's also possible that when burning it to CD that the Memtest itself got corrupted somehow (i.e. bad burn).

16 GB is a lot of memory on a consumer motherboard. There is the possibility that while your motherboard can handle 16GB of memory, that 16GB of the actual memory model that you're using may not be supported. Certain configurations of memory can have problematic issues. So while the memory sticks themselves may not be bad, the actual 16GB setup of them may break things.

Have you tested system stability with reduced amount of RAM, like 1/2 sticks of RAM, as well as running Memtest on a couple passes for each separate stick?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295177-browser-crashes-windows-crashes-memory-test-wont-complete-bsod.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone I'm not sure if this has been posted before if it has i apologize as i could not find a thread that matched my issue So basically this is the problem A friend of mine told me to get a windows cd because it was better than the OS i was previously w7 on 4870 X2 HD Gainward running Windows Xp Pro SP so i did i got the bit ultimate version and i installed it without error Now that the installation is done it would proceed to the desktop where windows had to my suprise installed pretty much all my drivers The only problem is that it was lagging terribly Imagine that you set your taskbar to hide itself Gainward HD 4870 X2 on w7 automatically right Now imagine yourself sliding your mouse down to the taskbar to make it show itself This action is used many times a day but for me it takes the taskbar about - seconds to show after i put my mouse to it This goes for everything too When i double click a random folder it takes the folder about the same amount of time to start and it's just really acting slow If i open google to do a quick search the text i write comes after i've actually pushed the keys on my keyboard it's unbelievably annoying So thats the problem the thing is that when i deactivate the driver for my graphic card the lag stops immediately i can use windows normally and it responds perfectly to every single click i make so ofc i thought that windows gave me a wrong driver I've since then tried to download and install pretty much every single driver for my graphic card with no success so far So now i'm asking you guys cause i'm sure if anyone knows the answer lies here Just to let you know when i had windows Xp installed i downloaded my display drivers directly from Gainwards website because my mate told me that the drivers there are optimized for my card Problem is since i got windows i can't get my drivers from Gainwards website because now they only show nvidia cards as a driver download solution so all drivers i've installed so far has been from ati's website

A:Gainward HD 4870 X2 on w7

Yeah, if they're not offering Windows 7 support, then there's nothing you can do about it but rely on the ATI drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/74101-gainward-hd-4870-x2-w7.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am wanting to get a GTX 660 (unless anyone can suggest a better card for the same price or cheaper) on ebuyer the gainward version is 17 cheaper.

Is it worth paying the extra 17?

The ASUS comes with 2 games which is a plus but besides that is there any reason for the price difference?

Also the gainward description says one of the requirement is a "PCI Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot" will this be the same for the ASUS one?

http://www.ebuyer.com/397601-asus-g...l-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-gtx660-dc2o-2gd5
http://www.ebuyer.com/397578-gainwa...isplayport-pci-e-graphics-card-426018336-2777

Thanks for any info!

Relevancy 45.58%

hi all,I'm still researching components for future build,and have been reading up on gpu's.All I am after really is some feed back on,Gainward products'the geforce gtx 570 phantom in particular,if no one has experience in this particular model,general info on Gainward on a hole would be great.

A:Opinions on gainward gpu's

Gainward is one of the 'small' companies which had a bit of a shaky start but has really been up on the up-and-up. By all accounts today their cards have nothing wrong with them, they're just not particularly high-end. Gainward don't do much to push the reference card and as such you get (in my opinion) a bit of a bland and 'vanilla' product. None of the pizazz you find in manufacturers such as Asus or XFX.
If budget is an issue I'd recommend you go one step up and look at Sapphires, or even MSI. MSI can be a little more pricey though, depending on which particular cards you look at.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/225715-opinions-gainward-gpus.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Simple: What r your highest gpu/mem OC-ed values for this card without any modding of card (default cooler and so)

A:Overclocking Gainward Ti4200 GS

We use the "Cooling & Modding" forum for overclocking discussions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-gainward-ti4200-gs.13627/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i've posted some time ago The problem was a freezing Gainward HD4850GS with problems screen if I used Vista problems with Gainward HD4850GS Ultimate x with GB RAM Kingston ValueRam x GB With GB RAM on the board everything worked fine I thought that my graphics card was the problem ATI Radeon X GT Super and installed and used XP x On XP x I had no problems with GB and my X GT On Friday I bought new RAM Crucial Ballistix x GB and a new graphics card and now I want to use my Vista x again But I have a similar issue again If I try to use Vista x with GB RAM the screen shows white stripes and Vista restarts the graphics driver every - minutes This happens for example when I open the system properties With GB everything works fine again I updated my BIOS to version and installed newest Catalyst SP for Vista is installed too Do you have any ideas I think it's the mainboard it should support GB Thanks Thomas

A:problems with Gainward HD4850GS

Originally Posted by VitoDonCorleone

Hi.

It's really strange. If I login as Administrator all seems to work fine. But if I login with my personal user it loads the desktop and then it looks like following picture:

I activated the Administrator account like you described and installed the 8.6 driver.
Don't understand why it's working under the Administrator account. I tried to create a new user account but there is the same thing as for my personal user.

Only Administrator seems to work fine...

Hey Thomas,

On your very last post of the previous post you said that yor graphic card worked fine when you were logged on as administrator (Just a normal administrator not this TRUE admnistrator) Is this still the case?

If the answer is yes, I would make only an administrator account.

After reading your previous post I don't think its your mainboard. It sounds to me like software, possibly buggy drivers

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/197972-problems-gainward-hd4850gs.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay, so i just got my new GTX 770 and so i installed etc all kush but when i boot 2 fans run normal and one spins once and then stops, once at the log in screen the fan that stops still wont spin and the other 2 spin at what sounds like max, anyone else had this or know how to fix it?

My PSU is a CX750M and the card is a Gainward GTX 770 OC Phantom, is it a power problem or connection problem on the removable fans?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

A:Gainward GTX 770 OC Phantom Fan Problems

It is possible its a actual fan defect meaning the fan itself could be bad in which case I might consider trying to swap it for a new one if you can. But it could be a connection problem. I would try connecting one of the fans that is working to the connection of the fan that isnt working to see if in fact it might be the power connection to the fan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/326329-gainward-gtx-770-oc-phantom-fan-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For starters i am running windows xp pro sp asus m n sli motherboard nforce chipset gb ram amd athlon 7950 gainward gx2 problem! x gainward bliss gx GB graphics connected to power supply leads linking from hard drive GB seagate HD rpm W PSU I am having great difficulty with my graphics card i have installed the latest nvidia drivers however when i click on the nvidia icon in the taskbar the screen flashes once or twice before showing the menu also when i connect my tv to the nd dvi slot i can clone the desktop image from my monitor but when trying to watch films all i get is a blank black screened media player the gainward 7950 gx2 problem! sound works but no video shows i have tried all sorts of different combinations of nvidia drivers with no success even trying older drivers i would try and flash the bios to a gainward 7950 gx2 problem! new version asus bios update wont let me gainward 7950 gx2 problem! flash but im not sure about using the dos function i have read numerous forums regarding this problem and people suggest there is a driver conflict somewhere but i can't seem to find it any suggestions pleae before i go insane cheers

A:gainward 7950 gx2 problem!

Has the card been running ok in this system and this just started or did you recently install the card, 400w is awful small for a gx2 card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gainward-7950-gx2-problem-498216.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've seen a listing on pricewatch for a 256mb GeForce FX 5200 vid card made by Gainward for about $100. I've never heard of Gainward before, but have seen a few reviews that sound promising. I wanted to know if anyone here uses a Gainward card or if anyone knows anything about their quality or any known conflict issues, etc.

Is this deal too good to be true? If you want to check out the specifics of the card here are the links to the retailer I'm considering purchasing it from and the manufacturer.

http://www.mpcomp.com/specszz.cgi?SPFX5200+fx5200256.htm+99.00+1 - Retailer

http://www.gainward.com/c-1.html?id=99 -manufacturer

Relevancy 45.15%

i have had a thread on here for this for some time and it did not help much so ithough time for another one with more info i currently have a gainward geforce gt in my computer but i seem to be coming up with problems for some strange reason sometimes when i turn on my pc it goes 6800 geforce Gainward through POST but i get no image or anything on the screen then that is Gainward geforce 6800 as far as it goes i can resolve the problem by moving a few molex connectors around the power supply is not the issue as i thought it was and got another one just in case and it is the right power watage i have also gotton a replavcement hard drive thinking that may be the thing but it still happens it is not a regular thing but it is annoying having to open the case and move a molex connectors around if i get it to start it is ok nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

i'm planning on buying this card I just want your opinions about it first!!

A:Gainward Geforce 7800 Gt?

god the 7800GT is a good card...major OC abilities with 20 pipes for about $300...very nice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-geforce-7800-gt.42944/
Relevancy 45.15%

Here s the situation When I first bought the card I found that I had to add volts to the AGP in order to boot with the card I m aware Gainward 5800 Ultra that this adds to the heat although my PC won t finish booting without the extra power to the AGP The card was overheating which caused artifacts in FarCry after a few minutes of gameplay I have the core running at mhz and the memory clocked at mhz I ve taken two mm fans and zip-tied them to a slot cover in order to blow extra air onto the card which has seemingly solved the problem Unfortunately this has also added quite a bit Gainward 5800 Ultra of noise on top of the irritating whine the card already produces Now the question Should I strip the onboard fan and sink off the card and attempt to upgrade it or should I just leave it be until I can afford a better card and give this one to the kids I m kinda scared I may ruin the card Has anyone done a Gainward 5800 Ultra mod on one of these before nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

i havea question about core closk settings and memory clock settings. I dont know what they should be set at. They are set at 250mhz for core and 280mhzfor memory, these are the "Safe Mode Settings" i have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 with 128 mb video card and a Gig of 400mhz ddr ram. Thanks for any help,

STUDEBAKER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gainward-performance-expertool.163555/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys I just had a quick question about a problem that has been on my mind for awhile. I have a Gainward, http://www.gainwardusa.com/products/vga_960dt.htm, and after I start the computer it starts to show alot of numbers on the screen and then fails to give me any video performance at all while in windows. Has anyone had this problem before? Any help at all will be cool guys and gals thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone, recently I decided to purchase a Gainward GeForce8800GT and replace my Sapphire Radeon HD3650 with it. I have a 400W Psu with specs posted on the photo

My overall system Specs are

AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad Core 2.2 GHZ (1800 Mhz HT LINK)
3 GB DDR 2 RAM - 667 MHZ
640 GB SATA HD
DVD RW Single drive
ATI Radeon HD3650
Fortron PSU - 400 W

So what do u think guys, can I stick with my current PSU and add the GF 8800 GT or shall i change my PSU??

A:Gainward 8800 GT + 400W PSU?

I would recommend getting a new PSU, especially if your current one has been use for a year or more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-8800-gt-400w-psu.126511/
Relevancy 44.72%

Here s the story Playing Farcry at high settings I would 5800 Is my ultra overheating? still Gainward notice graphical errors and slowdowns which would force me to exit the game Opening the case would almost solve the problem allowing me to play for a longer period so I thought the problem had to be heat Since then I ve built and installed a slot cooler directly under the card useing mm fans zip tied together Is my Gainward 5800 ultra still overheating? and to a slot cover This seemed to work great However last night I was playing and after around hours of gameplay I again started getting slowdowns and graphical errors I Alt-Tabbed out of the game and took a look at mbm CPU temp was a nice C case temp was C all fans were running great Is it overheating or did I just hit a glitch The heatsink on this card is pretty elaborate with a mm fan loud and seems to be tightly connected I really don t wish to disturb it if I can help it If it is overheating do you have any suggestions Would running the game at lower settings help Sigh the only reason I bought this card is that I got a good deal on it was a refurb Should ave bought an ATI for times more nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

For those of you wondering whether or not to spend on a Graphics card this shouls convince you http www mikhailtech com articles video gainwardti GeForce4 Gainward Ti4600 Review For those of you who cant be bothered to read it here is the conclusion and a few scores Quote ------------------------------------------- This Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 Review is about it for D Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 Review performance all the tests show clearly that the Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 Review GeForce Ti is undoubtedly the fastest video card available right now even though most games don t even have full support for all the features included in the GeForce series But for those of you that need very fast frame-rates in all games Ti is the card for you As far as D quality is concerned I think the Ti lines up with all other nVIDIA cards maybe even a slight better than the rest Even at very high resolutions such as x the text is very readable and the image is very clear Therefore I award all points here for both D and D performance Believe it or not this card scored points the highest score ever to be seen by me Just take a look at the Pros and Cons to see why Pros GeForce Ti chipset fastest ever MB super fast DDRAM Good software bundle VIVO capabilities Dual DVI connectors Looks very cool D glasses included FireWire card included Cons Price I don t know what your impression of the card is after reading this review but my impression after testing and playing with the card for two days is very good Not only it is the fastest gaming card available but you can use it as a TV-Tuner or even as a video capture card Not to mention those nifty D glasses and the FireWire controller that are a very nice addition to the package If you have any questions or comments let me know here or post in the forums or both Thanks for reading and enjoy the site Test PC AMD XP mb PC I sure thats all you want to know about the PC DMark SE Scores x x GeForce Ti GeForce Ti LOOKS PRETTY GOOD Laterz CUCUMBER nbsp

A:Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 Review

Thanks for the article Cucumber!!! I've had alot of respect for Gainward as I got my first graphics card from them. I've been looking at this particular card for some time, but don't have the money to spend on it. Maybe I'll come across some money soon and be able to get this baby!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-geforce4-ti4600-review.878/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hy I'm new in this forum and sorry for my english i never learn and problem Gainward Desktop HD4830 i'm from Hungary My problem is the videodriver I think Now i have Windows build x OEM Before this build i try all of the beta and the RC also in version x and x and all of the Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem same After a clean install the Windows Update is download and install Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem a simple videodriver for my Gainward HD and sad this driver have a WDDM I never try to change somathing in my BIOS seetings my CPU is not overclocked and the videocard settings is always the default never overclocked When i install an official and new driver from the ATi after a day my screen have a lot of small pixels with blue green and red dots after my screen goes black coming back like normaly and the Catalyst Control Center said My videodriver atikmdag stopped responding and restart Sometimes the screen is not coming back only a Blue Screen of Death and simple restart the computer This is a screenshot for what happening Yfrog - n jpg I write an email to the ATi support site and nobody answer This problem never happen if i use Windows XP Professional or Vista I giving back my Videocard to the shop where i buy and everybody just laughing The card is working perfectly Please somebody help me

A:Gainward HD4830 Desktop problem

Have you tried a reinstall of the driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/19987-gainward-hd4830-desktop-problem.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi community!
I was considering to buy the Gainward PCX GTX770. But I'm really not if there's enough space in my case. Are there any standard sizes? The graphics card is 40 x 25 x 6 cm.
I've tried to open the case and see if it should fit. But sizes like that makes me insecure. Any tips/tricks to see if it will fit?
Andr?

A:Gainward PCX GTX770 - Enough space in case

If a measuring tape won't work than you can check sizes in the computer manual, those ready made computers can be various and not always standard sizes. That video card is pretty long so see in the computer manual for space for Full size video card.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/45643-gainward-pcx-gtx770-enough-space-case.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After claiming warranty on my BLISS 9800GTX+ , and after approximatly a month till they accepted to give me a new one, this new Geforce 9800GTX+ came in a new box, and doesnt mention the name "BLISS" anywhere on it, it is smaller and lighter in size.

What confused me is that i cant figure out how to plug it to my Power Supply, the box says to use "1 6PIN Connector" , and the package provides one 6PIN cable, but the graphic card itself has Two available slots for 6PIN cables, now what to do ?

My power supply has couple of 6PIN Cables already by default, should I plug TWO of those 6PIN into the card, or just ONE ? Or should i simply plug 1 using the 1x6PIN cable that splits into 2 Molex, the last one is provided in the box. So what to do ? :S

Any help appreciated

Relevancy 44.72%

System specs:

Corsair 650W
4GB ram
Gainward GTX 460 1 gb golden sample
Cpu: Intel Pentium E6300 / 2.8 GHz
Running Windows 7 64-bits
Monitor: LG Flatron W2243S 23,5"

Now to the problem. I cannot connect my monitor from VGA to DVI input on my graphic card. My screen turns either blue, or the screen simply doesn't get any signal. The other problem is I lost my native resolutions, 1920x1080 and 1680x1050. It's almost like my monitor isn't recognized by windows any longer. It's listed as a non-generic PnP monitor. The other thing is I cannot play games i.e Black ops on any lower resolutions than 1920x1080 or 1600x1200. My screen will begin flickering. Anyone had this problem before or has any fix? Treid reinstalling drivers, new and old ones. The problems still occur.

A:Gainward Geforce GTX 460 1GB golden sample

Have you tired a different monitor cable and port on the GPU?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/124903-gainward-geforce-gtx-460-1gb-golden-sample.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have installed a Gainward GS MB -graphics-card on my Vista -PC The graphics-card works fine under Vista But when I try to install Win either or Bit it is allways the same problem the installation-process succeeds up to the point when Win restarts after installing Then the Win -Startup-Screen with the LOGO is displayed correctly but then the PC tries to switch the resolution and I get a black screen The computer still reacts when in quot black-screen-mode quot MB) 7 refuses Gainward (1024 GS Win 4850 E g I can send him to sleep-mode and wake him up via my keyboard So I guess it s a problem Win 7 refuses Gainward 4850 GS (1024 MB) with my graphics card Anybody any ideas Here is my mainboard configuration System Hersteller MEDIONPC Modell MS- werden von MSI gebaut Version OEM Seriennummer Nr D CDB - B E E- - E E Geh use Hersteller OEM Typ Desktop Abschlie bar Nein Version OEM Mainboard Win 7 refuses Gainward 4850 GS (1024 MB) Hersteller MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MP Unterst tzung Nein MPS Version Modell MS- Version Fab D Seriennummer OEM Win 7 refuses Gainward 4850 GS (1024 MB) System BIOS -Bearlake- A OM BC- Chipsatz Intel G x X x X x Bearlake Mainboardeigenschaften herausnehmbar Nein austauschbar Nein Hot Swap Nein System Speichersteuerung Ort Mainboard Fehlerkorrektur Kein e Anzahl von Speichersteckpl tzen Maximal installierbarer Speicher GB Bank - A DIMM Synchron GB MHz Bank - A DIMM Synchron MB MHz Bank - A DIMM Synchron GB MHz Bank - A DIMM Synchron MB MHz Chipsatz Modell Intel P G G Processor to I O Controller Revision A Bus Intel AGTL Unabh ngige FSB-Kan le Front Side Bus Geschwindigkeit x MHz GHz Maximale FSB-Geschwindigkeit x MHz GHz Breite -bit Crossfire-Technologie Ja EA Warteschlangentiefe Anfrage n Maximale Busbandbreite GB s Features TXT - Trust Execution Technologie Ja ME - Management Engine Ja AMT - Active Management Technology Ja VT-d - Virtualisierungstechnologie Ja EF - EastFork Technologie Ja AP - Agent Presence Ja CB - Circuit Breaker Ja Automatische L ftergeschwindigkeitregelung Ja Chipsatz Hub Schnittstelle Typ DMI Version Anzahl von Anschl ssen Ein Aus-Breite -bit -bit Multiplikator x Geschwindigkeit x MHz MHz Logische Chipsatz Speicherb nke Bank MB DIMM DDR - - - - - - T Bank MB DIMM DDR - - - - - - T Bank MB DIMM DDR - - - - - - T Bank MB DIMM DDR - - - - - - T Bank MB DIMM DDR - - - - - - T Bank MB DIMM DDR - - - - - - T Geteilter Speicher MB Maximal installierbarer Speicher GB Unterst tzte Speichertypen ECC DIMM DDR DDR Kan le Speicherbusgeschwindigkeit x MHz MHz Maximale Speichergeschwindigkeit x MHz GHz Multiplikator x Breite -bit Speicher-Controller im Prozessor Nein Auffrischrate s Stromsparmodus Nein Fixed Hole pr sent Nein Maximale Speicherbusbandbreite GB s APIC Version Multiplikator x Maximale Interrupts IRQ Handler verwendet Ja Erweiterte Unterst tzung Ja Speichermodul Hersteller Samsung Modell M T CZ -CE Seriennummer FA Typ GB DIMM DDR Technologie x Mx Geschwindigkeit PC - U DDR - Monitor Standard Timings - - - - - - Version Spannung Speicher V Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Speichermodul Hersteller Samsung Modell M T EZS-CE Seriennummer BD CD Typ MB DIMM DDR Technologie x Mx Geschwindigkeit PC - U DDR - Monitor Standard Timings - - - - - - Version Herstellungsdatum Dienstag August Spannung Speicher V Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Speichermodul Hersteller Samsung Modell M T CZ -CE Seriennummer A Typ GB DIMM DDR Technologie x Mx Geschwindigkeit PC - U DDR - Monitor Standard Timings - - - - - - Version Spannung Speicher V Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Speichermodul Hersteller Samsung Modell M T EZS-CE Seriennummer DA E Typ MB DIMM DDR Technologie x Mx Geschwindigkeit PC - U DDR - Monitor Standard Timings - - - - - - Version Herstellungsdatum Dienstag August Spannung Speicher V Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setze Takt MHz - - - - - - Setz... Read more

A:Win 7 refuses Gainward 4850 GS (1024 MB)

Visit Intel's website and let it scan your system. Install any chipset/motherboard drivers it may have newer.

Then install the video driver again.

Use safe mode plus networking if you have to.

Do you have any exclamation points in the device manager, either before or after?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/44269-win-7-refuses-gainward-4850-gs-1024-mb.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer freezes after about - minutes then crashes When it restarts a little window pops up with very few unrecognizable characters in the top left corner or along the top There s an quot OK quot button in the middle that has to be pressed in order for the computer to carry-on through then PC freezes, crashes the reboot process to PC freezes, then crashes the start-up Also after the computer starts-up an error message arises The prompt to send the error message comes up too and when I click on it I Internet explorer opens-up a Microsoft error reporting page that says something about my video card driver needing an update I ve looked into updating it but there are no updates I ve also looked at my video card At first I discovered that my video card settings had somehow switched to the default Nvidia but I switched it back to the AMD Radeon one Still the problem persists PC freezes, then crashes I ve checked my computer for malware viruses etc and everythings seems clean Also I deleted big and unnecessary programs that take-up lots of space Again the computer continues to freeze and crash Any assistance would be appreciated Cheers Kevin

A:PC freezes, then crashes

<<Also, after the computer starts-up, an error message arises.>>

Please post the exact content of the error message that pops up.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411242/pc-freezes-then-crashes/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am constantly having my IE freeze and stop working. It's happening more and more each day. Here's one of the details in my problems log. Looking for help

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Hang Signature: 9ff8
Hang Type: 4
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 3ee1654755753c5611915df0cf432e5f
Additional Hang Signature 2: c140
Additional Hang Signature 3: 21b8837968222a0f1ff52c59099f1b9f
Additional Hang Signature 4: 4c10
Additional Hang Signature 5: 965a788ab25199470101a67472305c93
Additional Hang Signature 6: aedd
Additional Hang Signature 7: 4774017b4752e1e08a9983db49f10ed3
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 192150627

A:Ie 7 freezes and crashes

Hello Manoli,

This may be caused by a IE7 add-on. This will show you how to test to see if it is, and how to reset IE7.

Internet Explorer - Reset

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/205206-ie-7-freezes-crashes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have had this computer for PC Freezes/Crashes about years now and have not any problems up until a few months ago Since then all the programs I opened up take a very long time to PC Freezes/Crashes open become unresponsive while opening then recover and would freeze anything else open and make them unresponsive and crash I have tried everything suggested such as removing old programs files cleaning the computer and everything still freezes and crashes when more then one program is opened After the initial crash I can open multiple programs but they take a few minutes to open and operate slowly This along with pop-ups make me think that there is some sort of virus or malware I am not very savvy with computers and am running the newest version of Norton Anti-virus but it comes up that everything is clear I did everything that was instructed on the first steps page and just by opening the DDS file caused my computer to completely freeze where anything that was open became non responsive and I had to restart the computer I currently do not have access to a windows install cd or boot disk Here is the scan and any help would be appreciated Thank you very much DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Eric at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Premier Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Premier Edition enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Eric Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page uSearch Bar mSearchAssistant BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton premier edition engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton premier edition engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton premier edition engine coIEPlg dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB amp Research ff e -cc a- e e-bf b- e d - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL uRun DellSupport quot c program files dellsupport DSAgnt exe quot startup uRun DellSupportCenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter uRun SVCHOST EXE c windows system drivers svchost exe mRun UpdateManager quot c program files common files sonic update manager sgtray exe quot r mRun WinampAgent c program files winamp winampa exe mRun dscactivate quot c program files dell support center gs agent custom dsca exe quot mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun DellSupportCenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter mRun Adobe R... Read more

A:PC Freezes/Crashes

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-freezes-crashes-482514.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently I have been getting system freezes and random crashes, no logical answers, it does not correspond with opening or running any particular program. Following is part of the message on the latest BSOD:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL0x000000D1 (0x8FFF8FE5, 0x00000012, 0x00000000, 0xB7D6BFCD)usbuhci.sys - Address B7D6BFCD base at BD768000, Datestamp 41107d62item in bold could be 0x8FFF8F65, cant read my own writing.I did not want to go straight for the hijack this logfile route but if this is the way to go I will. Any help wil be gratefully received, my daughter is doing her GCSEs at the moment and the crashes have already lost her some work, not too much as I have drummed it in to her about constant saving but it is getting to be a bit of a nightmare.

A:Crashes And Freezes

Could you look in the Event Viewer and list the last 4 error messages? Also Microsoft has a known issue with the usbuhci.sys. file, with XP sp 1. When we know what the error messages are in the Event Viewer we will have a better idea as to the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94504/crashes-and-freezes/
Relevancy 44.72%

Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the / Freezes Crashes problem BCCode BCP FFFFF E BCP BCP FFFFF B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Crashes / Freezes Users SystemShark AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I installed some core temp programs so Crashes / Freezes I could see if the processor or the graphics card was overheating intel Crashes / Freezes i Core Max c Core Max c Graphics Card Radeon TMpin Max c TMpin Max c TMpin Max c It dosn't crash predictably enough for me to determine what is causing it Sometimes its just idle and bluescreens reallyfast to a shutdown restart Other times it freezes and I have to restart myself Any ideas suggestions I am a little unsure if the heatsync I put on the processor is on correctly stupid pushpin plastic locks that make me damn near crack the motherboard in half to install

A:Crashes / Freezes

C:\Windows\Minidump

Winrar the latest few .dmp files and attach to a post so we can have a look to determine what may be causing your 0x50 bsod, please.
Include C:\Windows\Minidump\103009-23914-01.dmp

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/34014-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

can you tell me if anything is wrong I have been freezing crashing too many And Freezes? Crashes times just hoping you can maybe find something I have followed all the steps metioned in your tutorials before posting only found files that were deleted by the program tLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x B MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES BROWSER MOUSE MOUSE A EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXEC PROGRAM FILES TEXTBRIDGE CLASSIC EREG REMIND EXEC PROGRAM FILES MUILTMEDIA KEYBOARD UTILITY KBDAP A EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES COMMAND SOFTWARE DVPAPI X EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS UPDATER EN-CA MSNAPPAU EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC PROGRAM Crashes And Freezes? FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL Crashes And Freezes? EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXPPS EXEC Crashes And Freezes? PROGRAM FILES NETASSISTANT SMARTBRIDGE MOTIVESB EXEC WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www accoona com search assistant ac ampaign wdz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www accoona comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sympatico msn ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www accoona com search assistant ac ampaign wdz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by SympaticoR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO no name - CA D - B- b c- E - AF F C - no file O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIETAGBM DLLO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIESRVC DLLO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLLO - BHO LinkTracker Class - A -A CA- b -AA E-DDAD C B B - C WINDOWS SYSTEM HLWIN DLLO - BHO Accoona Search Assistant - A - - E - A -A E F F - C PROGRAM FILES ACCOONA ASEARCHASSIST DLLO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C PROGRAM FILES ZERO KNOWLEDGE FREEDOM FREEBHOR DLLO - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C PROGRAM FILES ZERO KNOWLEDGE FREEDOM PKR DLLO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YT DLLO - Toolbar Accoona - B -C C - B -A D - C FD - C PROGRAM FILES ACCOONA ATOOLBAR DLLO - HKLM Run FLMOFFICE DMOUSE C Program Files Browser Mouse mouse a exeO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run FLMK KB C Program Files Muiltmedia keyboard utility MMKEYBD EXEO - HKLM Run Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - Startup reminder-ScanSoft Product Registration lnk C Program Files TextBridge Classic Ereg REMIND EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htmO - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htmO - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htmO - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Commo... Read more

A:Crashes And Freezes?

Hi,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. We start with the oldest logs first. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new hijackthislog in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then I'll take a look.

Can you also tell me what exactly freezes? Is it your Internet Explorer? Your explorer... ?
Does it freeze randomly or when you open a certain app?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36119/crashes-and-freezes/
Relevancy 44.72%

My system lately will crash and freeze at different times while doing different tasks. I have tried to narrow it down and take notice as to what I am doing but there is no pattern. I could be surfing the net, writing an email or even scanning a document.
I have tested my memory with memtest and ran over 10 passes and everything was fine. My antivirus and malware is up to date and I have performed multiple scans and nothing.
I am enclosing a dmloger with the hope that someone can help me
Thanks in advance

A:PC Crashes & Freezes

Heshie mate if you can get into safe mode run these for starters
if you haven't already
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346797-pc-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All!

Here's the description of the problem: IE seems to work fine, but it randomly crashes and freezes. It could happen as frequently as a few minutes between crashes, or hours. At that point, the IE window either freezes and does not respond. At that point I have to force it to close. Other times, the browser simply disappears, losing all my work (emails and such).

I thankfully have mozilla, but would still like to use IE. Could this be an issue with spyware/malware? I have run Ad-aware several times and although it finds a couple critical objects everytime, the removal doesn't fix the problem. Let me know if you guys need more information to help you help me.

Thanks alot!

A:IE crashes + freezes

Hi

Try this first - Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6 .

Is Ad-Aware finding the same ojects each time or different ones? What are the critical objects?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-crashes-freezes-93632.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hey there first of all sorry if this is in the wrong place i've been reading these forums for a while and this seemed the right place I also noticed the high level of expertise around here secondly i've got a really annoying problem always & freezes crashes on first startup of the day my computer freezes up requiring a hard reboot which is freezes & crashes usually followed by quot no signal quot message on my screen i've done a memtest when both RAM sticks are in the computer i got k errors in like minutes but when done seperately i've got no errors so far till pass since there is no bluescreen there is no minidump right atleast i can't seem to find it i really hope this problem will be solved thanks in advance Dutchdarky my computer specs are motherboard asus m a xtd EVO CPU AMD phenom x BE videocard ATI radeon RAM kingston GB power supply cooler master GX W i got the computer in September the freezes started around December

A:freezes & crashes

Quote: Originally Posted by dutchdarky

hey there,

first of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place. i've been reading these forums for a while and this seemed the right place. I also noticed the high level of expertise around here.

secondly, i've got a really annoying problem. always on first startup of the day my computer freezes up, requiring a hard reboot which is usually followed by "no signal" message on my screen.

i've done a memtest. when both RAM sticks are in the computer i got 800k errors in like 2 minutes but when done seperately i've got no errors so far till pass 3.

since there is no bluescreen there is no minidump (right?) atleast, i can't seem to find it

i really hope this problem will be solved

thanks in advance,
Dutchdarky

my computer specs are:
motherboard: asus m4a79xtd EVO
CPU: AMD phenom x4 955 BE
videocard: ATI radeon 5770
RAM: kingston 4GB 10600
power supply: cooler master GX550W

i got the computer in September 2010, the freezes started around December 2010

This means the RAM sticks are defective, you should buy new ones

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150047-freezes-crashes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Since 3 days I am having crashes and freezes in my WIN7 setup. The pc has been running problem free for about, 2 months. I did a fresh reinstall back than just to clean everything up, because my ssd was filling up.

When it crashes or freezes and I reset the pc, it first does not recognize my SSD anymore. Than I have to power it down, and start it again. After this procedure it reboots as it should.

The crashes don't seem to be related to anything specifically. This morning I have updated my graphics card already. Though I do suspect something with the internet drivers. However I have a dumpfile from DV so I have added it.

Hope to find a sollution soon, since my pc is practically useless in its current state.

A:crashes and freezes

Code:
BugCheck C9, {23e, fffff88004001308, fffff98005f16ee0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dtsoftbus01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dtsoftbus01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dtsoftbus01.sys
Probably caused by : dtsoftbus01.sys ( dtsoftbus01+1308 )
Driver Verifier has detected a I/O Verification error from a driver (see above), more specifically the first parameter highlighted in the blue text, indicates that the driver has marked a IRP packet pending, but didn't send a STATUS_PENDING response back to the call from the IoCallDriver routine.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm dtsoftbus01
start end module name
fffff880`04000000 fffff880`04043000 dtsoftbus01 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: dtsoftbus01.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dtsoftbus01.sys
Image name: dtsoftbus01.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jan 13 08:15:01 2011 (4D2EB485)
CheckSum: 00047BDA
ImageSize: 00043000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
dtsoftbus01.sys is part of the Daemon Tools program, which in turn is a very well known cause for BSODs for Windows 7, please uninstall the program and driver completely using these steps:

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289472-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have had this computer for about years now and have not any problems up until a few months ago Since then all the programs I opened up took a very long time to open and would freeze anything else open and make them unresponsive and crash I have tried everything suggested such Freezes/Crashes PC as removing old programs files cleaning the computer and everything still freezes and crashes PC Freezes/Crashes when more then one program is opened After the initial crash I can open multiple programs but they take a few minutes to open and operate slowly This along with pop-ups make me think that there is some sort of virus or malware I am not very savvy with computers and am running the newest version of Norton Anti-virus but it comes up that everything is clear It was suggested to me to use HijackThis and to post the scan on here so I can receive proper help Here is the scan and any help would be appreciated Thank you very much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet PC Freezes/Crashes Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Eric My Documents Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNot... Read more

A:PC Freezes/Crashes

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/pc-freezes-crashes-482186.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ehhh hell - Anyway I bought new GPU Titan X Plug it in Hell begun Crash after crash nightmare Anyway months down the line I tried x CPu x Mobo xRam x PSu x GPu xHDD And errors still happen So here are some of crashes app - crashes... months lots + BSOD 6 of - of errors any hints as to what is wrong - The program VREDPro exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID d c Start Time d cbf Termination Time Application Path C Program Files Autodesk VREDPro- bin WIN VREDPro exe Report Id c b df -a - e - a- a a - System - Provider Name Application Hang - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T BSOD - + lots of app crashes - 6 months of crashes... Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer Master-PC Security - EventData VREDPro exe d c d cbf C Program Files Autodesk VREDPro- bin WIN VREDPro exe c b df -a - e - a- a a E B E F E -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binary data In Words E BSOD - + lots of app crashes - 6 months of crashes... E BSOD - + lots of app crashes - 6 months of crashes... B F E In Bytes E B E U n k n F E o w n Next one The program Smite exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID ed Start Time d bf c Termination Time Application Path F Apps Games Steam steamapps common smite binaries Win Smite exe Report Id d e -a - e - a- a a - System - Provider Name Application Hang - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer Master-PC Security - EventData Smite exe ed d bf c F Apps Games Steam steamapps common smite binaries Win Smite exe d e -a - e - a- a a E B E F E -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binary data In Words E E B F E In Bytes E B E U n k n F E o w n Help please - Hardware i x Asus X WS-E amp Asus X WS-E USB x PSU W both Hdds M SAmsung sm gb some random SSD gb x old hdds ram gb Corsair PLX mghz GPU EVGA TITAN X x GTX Classified gb The same tasks I can run on my laptop stable I just dont know how to fix my workstation -

A:BSOD - + lots of app crashes - 6 months of crashes...

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387806-bsod-lots-app-crashes-6-months-crashes.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have random freezes sometimes they are glitchy and rarely BSOD all on bootup or up to about half hour in which also turns of the mouse Also youtube doesn t autoplay playlists and all sugestions next to the video are black This started a few weeks to a month ago first it seemed just a minor annoyance but it started to become more often the last few days I rarely and BSOD sometimes Random freezes, freezes glitchy ve tried some checks but without success Also I remember the week before those crashes that twice the screen driver crashed for a second or and then a message popped up about how a monitor driver crash was adjusted always when I played a certain game that is still in beta so I taught it was the game I posted the same problem a few weeks ago in another forum without success so I try it here I dont have a restore point from before that and nothing special in the installed drivers list

A:Random freezes, sometimes glitchy freezes and rarely BSOD

Hi Relo. Please post the link to your previous thread for some references to check to avoid redundant suggestions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476707/random-freezes-sometimes-glitchy-freezes-and-rarely-bsod/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all,

A very long while ago I did a BIOS flash on my video card to a 5950 Ultra, and along the way I completely lost the backup of my old BIOS that I had in case I ever regretted my decision. I think it's about time to clock it back down, now that I haven't overclocked my CPU at all in months and I'm only running DDR333 (albeit 2GB of it ). Anyway, do any of you know where I can find the BIOS file? Gainward's site won't let me download it, you have to through their ExperTool program, and the only BIOS file I can download through that is the 5950 Ultra BIOS.

And god has it been a while since I've been here. Half of you probably don't even know who the hell I am

Thanks.

A:Gainward GeforceFX 5900 Non-Ultra BIOS

http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-geforcefx-5900-non-ultra-bios.20350/
Relevancy 44.29%

Firstly hey all,
this is my first post on these forums

What am i looking for...is an answer for my following question:

Just bought a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0 and a Gainward 7900GS. The system just won't post. I went to a friend, tried to boot with his x1900XTX or something like that ATi card...it all went all...also his MSI SLI mobo managed to post with my video card. Now, i am feeling i am watching a SF movie: all computer components work but not when assambled together. Do you have any ANY idea what could cause this?

PS: Full sys spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0 mobo, 2x1gb ADATA ddr2 667, Gainward 7900GS video card, Spire 500W PSU. Nothing else connected to the mobo atm.

A:Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 + Gainward 7900GS problem

Some motherboards (about 15%, actually) are bad straight from the vendor, so don't be afraid to calling the motherboard manufactuer's tech support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-965p-s3-gainward-7900gs-problem.69461/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I was thinking of buying a GTX 580 Gainward Phantom 3GB graphics card but I am not too sure if it would be compatible with my graphics card. I was hoping someone here could help me out.

Here are the specs of my motherboard: TH55B HD :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

And here are the specs of the graphics card: Products :: Gainward GeForce? GTX 580 3072MB "Phantom"

It says the power connector of the graphics card is 8-pin and 6-pin, would this fit on my motherboard or would I have to get some sort of extension?

Also any idea if this graphics card is any good? I did some research and it got good reviews so I guess it isnt bad.

Thanks

A:GTX 580 Gainward Phatom 3GB on BIOSTAR TH55B-HD motherbored

The motherboard has a PCI-E x16 slot, so the card will fit. This,

Quote:
It says the power connector of the graphics card is 8-pin and 6-pin, would this fit on my motherboard or would I have to get some sort of extension?

has nothing to do with the motherboard and everything to do with the power supply. If your power supply doesn't have the necessary connections (can still be done with adapters if enough free molex connectors) or sufficient wattage, then you will run into problems. Might help if you said what power supply you currently have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251200-gtx-580-gainward-phatom-3gb-biostar-th55b-hd-motherbored.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

i have problem with my graphic card. I've installed Windows 7 64-bit and my performance in games drops extremly. First example is PES 2010 game. That game i was able to run on 1680x1050 on full details smothly... Now i cant get it on 1440x900 on high detail. Only on low I've reinstalled PhysX but nothing, I've downloaded new nvidia drivers, nothing... Any sugestions?

mobo: MSI P7N SLI Platinum
cpu: E8400
meme: 4GB DDR2 some transcend low budget
gpu: Gainward 9800GTX
psu: chieftec 450W

A:Gainward 9800GTX & Windows 7 64 poor performance?

did u reinstall ALL driver by yourself.. Motherboardchipset, Gfx Driver, sounddriver..
I have also a Win7 / 64Bit system ..but i have no troubles..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-9800gtx-windows-7-64-poor-performance.140711/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
Maybe someone out there can figure this one out
I just got a new computer system at work yesterday.
I am running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3 on an Intel Core 2 Quad q9550 machine with 4GB of RAM.
OK - it's a 32bit system so windows is only reading 3.3GB of Ram.

The computer recognizes the display card and of course requests driver installation.
The installation appears to go flawlessly but upon reboot it once again requests drivers be installed.
Every time I turn on the computer, the device manager shows the display adapter as not working.
Among other things, Gainward tech support told me to "Check the card with driver 175.19 (last driver without PhysX).".
I checked - same result!

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone, I have an issue with this graphic card in my pc, my display is sony playstation monitor 3D.Cpu: intel i73770motherboard: asus p8z77-v deluxeGPU: Gainward gtx 680 2GBWhen I'm in uefi bios, or in ubuntu boot grub for example I have black border on screen, I want to ask if there is any way to edit for example vbios of my cpu to get rid of these black border.Thank you for help

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158175.0.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i recently upgraded my Gainward Geforce FX5700 Ultra to a Gainward BLISS 7800GS+. i was fully expecting my new card to require its own power but the adapter that Gainward sent to me to change the molex plug into a 6pin plug allows for 2 molex plugs to be plugged in....
does this mean the card needs 2 power plugs? i currently have it running with 1 plugged in, what would happen if i plugged another into it? (or should this just not be done?!?)

any help would be nice on this....before the urge to plug another molex plug becomes too strong and i damage the card

Many Thanks

A:Gainward BLISS 7800GS+ power problems

I think leave one. The splitter may be for SLI, even though you cant SLI AGP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-bliss-7800gs-power-problems.60209/
Relevancy 43.86%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc N Jq Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Hello So last night just randomly my computer up and shut off It was as though somebody had straight pulled power except i have a laptop which was plugged in and yes battery There was no BSOD it just up and turned itself off No shutdown procedures just everything went black Booted the computer up booted just fine logged in just fine but my startup procedures were slow Took a while for my computer to get kickin Then after about - minutes it just up and turned off again Relentless I tried crashes/freezes Odd, random-like, to launch again I did ran fine again just a little slow during startup I immediately ran a virus scan checked out good went about my night no disruptions Come back today turned my computer on everything was gravy left my room for a moment came back everything was locked up Mouse wouldn t move keyboard wouldn t type clock wouldn t tick Just straight frozen I rebooted my computer same thing normal boot slow startup my explorer exe crashed at the startup however which was out of the ordinary and just seems like every minutes my computer will freeze Which is why I m about to post an incomplete post because it s been about minutes since I ve booted and I m not sure when it will freeze up again I shall return nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Well, these problems usually happen to me when I wake it up from sleep mode. I turn it on, just to see everything frozen up. It also freezes when the computer loading up, which can take up to 30 minutes for me until it finally works. What can be the common reasons for this? I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit. Everything has been up to date along with antivirus/protection.

A:Random freezes/crashes

Hello,

Enter "msconfig" into the start menu, and in the Startup tab, click "Disable All". Reboot, see if you get the same problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160030-random-freezes-crashes.html