Windows Support Forum

Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

Q: Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

What kind of phone do you have? If you have wifi, I don't understand why you can't go into the wifi setting on your phone, find wifi & amongst other possible networks should be yours.
Or just get the manual for it , online if need be & go for it. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-laptop-as-a-wireless-modem-for-wifi-uses.206334/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

A:Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

See whether that helps: Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350058-using-laptop-wireless-modem-wifi-uses.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello Guys,

I wanna Know That I hab a nokia siemens SL2_141 modem which is not in use...beacause I dont have anymore BSNL connection. Now I am using A Wireless Modem of MTS. Recently I have Buyed New Phone I wanna Use wifi...
So ,Wanna Know From You Guys...

HOw Can I connect Internet of my Wireless Modem to The Wifi of nokia siemens SL2_141 Modem.I have Attached A photo So that U ppl Understand properly..

Pls, Help me out with this Problem
OS-Window 7 (32bit)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Connect a Wireless Modem to ADSL modem for Wifi

The "nokia siemens SL2_141" is a modem/wireless router combo; I assume that "A Wireless Modem of MTS" is also a modem/wireless router combo.

If my assumption is correct you can use the Nokia as an ethernet switch and wireless access point ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-wireless-modem-to-adsl-modem-for-wifi.1085317/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just bought this belkin router. Linked one computer through LAN and 4 devices through WIFI

For some reason my WIFI devices are not able to read or detect connections to the LAN network..

Can someone help me with this ?i found a similar thread but not sure how to work this problem out

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1427502

A:Belkin Share Wireless Modem Router WiFi and LAN not linked

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links for more information.

Belkin : Support : Setup Assistant for Routers

Belkin : Support : Configuring Wireless Security

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202177-belkin-share-wireless-modem-router-wifi-lan-not-linked.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Gateway NV59 laptop. My wife and I have separate laptops and we both connect to the home Vodafone HG553 modem, via wireless. I moved in recently, so my laptop is the new device.

Whenever I try to connect to the WIFI modem, the modem's red light starts blinking and I somehow make my wife's laptop disconnect as well. She has no problem connecting. It is only when I try to connect with my laptop.

Sometimes the red blinking light stops and I get connection (after 5-10 minutes). But, connection will go back and forth, dropping connection, connecting, connecting with no internet access.
I updated my adapter drivers.
Any help will be appreciated,

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390188-my-laptop-makes-homes-wifi-modem-drop-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a HP Pavilion DV5-1235dx. I was running a speed test, it only downloads at 20Mbps whereas my other laptop downloads at 35Mbps, how do I fix my modem on this HP modem to download faster?

A:Laptop Wireless Modem

Oh, it is a Broadcom 802.11b/g wlan modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-modem.1065104/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone this is my first post here I ve trawled the net Wireless Huawei Router Q: to Belkin Modem feed N Modem Unique via USB Wireless house for Unique Q: USB Huawei Wireless Modem to feed house via Belkin Wireless N Modem Router ages but have found nothing I believe I have a unique situation here and would love some help from some net savvy people I have strong computing skills but keep away from networks if possible Hope someone here can help would really appreciate it Here s my current setup - HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows - Receiving internet from a USB connected wireless modem Huawei model E E It all works well internet is fine I m happy Why I want to share this network connection I have a couple of iphones and a Nintendo Wii and we would like to connect them to the the laptops internet connection Other things I ve tried first I DO understand quot Connectify quot is out there and have tried it but it just fails every time I ve tried it the devices that try to connect all just sit there trying to connect and time out My possible solution found So what I found deep in my cupboards is a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router Model F D - It s a relic from my days of having an ADSL connection This was back in the days when I used to have a physical phone line Ahh they were the days a physical connection to my house Imagine that What I intend to do with the the Belkin relic I want to still receive the connection to my windows laptop as I currently do but have that connection shared over the belkin wireless modem router so that the nintendo wii and iphones can then connect to the belkin and receive their internet The question How can I do it I ve tried so many different things sharing homegroups says I need ipV enabled even though it is in both the Huawei and the laptops wireless connections tried this and that and it then says I have conflicting ip addresses etc etc and I m at a bit of a loss I am quite experienced with PCs being employed in the industry for over years but like I say networks just make me go cross eyed I d REALLY appreciate some help and clarity from someone who might know a possible solution to what I think is a unique question I hope I ve provided enough info if there s anything else you need to know just ask Again thanks for your time to read this and I hope someone out there can help Best regards Rob nbsp

A:Unique Q: USB Huawei Wireless Modem to feed house via Belkin Wireless N Modem Router

You enable Internet Connection Sharing on the internet connection and configure the Belkin as follows.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unique-q-usb-huawei-wireless-modem-to-feed-house-via-belkin-wireless-n-modem-router.918871/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey.

This will perhaps sound painfully stupid, but please help me.

I have just bought a new laptop from Dell - happy bunny!
Try to connect it to the AOL wireless network we have in the house, but no luck connecting.

Now, i've looked through the specification list, and on there it says it has a 'Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card - Europe - Core 2 Duo Processors', but then says 'No Modem'.

I wondered whether you actually still require a basic modem inside the laptop for it to gain internet access when you have the wireless cards built-in. Or if the wireless just receives the signal, but cannot use it.
Or if AOL wireless doesn't like Vista, which would suck, terribly...
If that makes sense.

Please help, i'm grateful for any replies.

Thank you!

Relevancy 57.19%

I have an hp laptop (Envy 15 J048-TX). After upgrading to windows 10 , i have found that i am unable to connect to my D-link modem (D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router with Modem). Kindly help.

A:Laptop wireless not connecting to D-link modem

Hi, Please try:    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-wireless-not-connecting-to-D-link-modem/td-p/5738664
Relevancy 57.19%

I have read through a number of threads on the BT Voyager Wireless and it seems that a Laptop ADSL and Wireless Modem/Router few people have had the same problem as me with resolution coming from different fixes everytime Well I think I have tried them all so maybe someone can give me a hand I have had the BT Voyager Modem Router for over a year now and I set the system up with my PC wired and my wife s old HP laptop wireless using an old Micorsoft WiFi USB receiver This all worked Wireless ADSL Modem/Router and Laptop for about months and while I was gone on business my wife said the laptop stopped working on the internet When I got back I tried everything reset the router refreshed the network search it could see a neighbor s network but not mine rebooted the laptop nothing worked although one time the laptop saw the network and I clicked connect and after trying to connect it lost the network again and never reacquired Well fast forward about three months and we decided it was time to purchase a new laptop this one Wireless ADSL Modem/Router and Laptop comes Wireless ADSL Modem/Router and Laptop w built-in WiFi I hoped that this might solve the wireless problem but I am experiencing the same problem The WiFi is enabled on the router and the laptop the correct channel is selected on both computers default of to my knowledge I have absolutely no security selected on the router at this time it is configured with all the factory defaults I have troubleshot my laptop as well and it believes the router is the cause It seems that the BT Voyager has caused this problem in the past with other folks Does anyone fancy trying to unravel this mystery Thanks Pong E nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I reinstalled Windows 8.1 on my Notebook and when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from there, I discovered that my laptop can no longer find my internet. Every other device in the house connects to it just fine. I don't want to buy a new wireless card unless I absolutely have to. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-WiFi-Not-Working/td-p/5683001
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Dell laptop Win Home Premium Bit and it seems like it always has difficulty connecting to WiFi routers that are using g I have a Wireless-N card on my laptop and I would think it would be backwards compatible right I m the same person with the same laptop as this post http forums techguy org networking -dns-lookup-failed html and all the symptoms that I was trying to solve in that post are relevant again At the time that post was made I lived in an apartment and the modem router from my cable company was wireless-G and my laptop seemed to experience intermittent DNS working on not Wireless-N 802.11g laptop WiFi problems I could never REALLY use the internet for very long but sometimes some websites would seem to load but usually pictures would have a Wireless-N laptop not working on 802.11g WiFi problem Other times the seemingly DNS issue would not let me load any websites at all While I was on vacation I was able to connect perfectly to different WiFi networks I know for sure that Wireless-N laptop not working on 802.11g WiFi one of them was Wireless-N not sure about the other one Eventually I moved and my new modem router from my new cable company was Wireless-N My computer has connected to that network perfectly for months Now on vacation again I tried to connect to a quot G quot network again and all the old problems came back EXACTLY as they were before Is it possible that my Wireless-N card has that much trouble connecting to Wireless-G networks If so is there any fix I ve attached screenshots One is the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector showing my connection to the quot G quot network the other is a shot of what Chrome looked like when it would not load the webpage nbsp

A:Wireless-N laptop not working on 802.11g WiFi

The signal is too weak for a reliable connection. Try closer to the router.

The variation in the signal strength indicates probable incorrect driver or defective adapter or router (or wireless access point). Try the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site. If that does not work right try the driver directly from Intel's site.

If possible check Xirrus with another computer, or another adapter, to see if the router is having difficulty maintaining a constant signal strength (a variation of one or two dBm is OK).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-laptop-not-working-on-802-11g-wifi.1116123/
Relevancy 56.76%

I will be doing this on my friends computer so I need to NOT screw it up.
Go from DSL modem (has only desktop pc on it) to Netgear wireless-G router. Will always have the desktop hooked up and often my laptop(wireless).
Basically I want to disconnect the existing modem...then add the new one...then, if all is well, connect my wireless laptop.
According to the box..I need only put the cd into the pc and follow the instructions? Altho is shows doing this to the laptop,may I start out with the desktop?
Can it be that easy?

Thank you
JJ

Relevancy 56.76%

all my other computers do i have verizon wireless sitting right in front of it my signal does not come up. others do but not mine. its hp laptop xp

A:laptop wont pick up signal from wireless modem

Have you turned the Wireless connection on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-pick-up-signal-from-wireless-modem-294683.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi...I'm not experienced with this whole networking thing, so bear with me. I have a desktop computer hooked up to a comcast cable modem. I want to connect my laptop to the modem also. Do I need a router? Can I use the wireless capabilities of my laptop without using a router? Please help...I'm new to this....THANX!

A:Connecting wireless enabled laptop to cable modem

You need a wireless router!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-enabled-laptop-to-cable-modem.564799/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok I am helping a friend over the phone and am having trouble identifying why they cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gateway The first laptop connects without fail to laptop to Arris wireless modem connect secondary Cannot the wireless signal where the second laptop is able to see the signal and acquires and ip address of with a gateway of but we are unable to ping the gateway I turned off all security features in the modem and laptops that I could think of it is Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem as simple as an access point right now Is there something I may be missing that needs to be disabled or enabled I have verified that there are no static IP s set and that all is set to obtain automatically when I do an ipconfig release then renew it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not It is associated to the SSID but with limited connectivity how does it pull an IP and not able to ping the gateway Security is the only thing I can think of any ideas sorry for Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem the limited information as I am not sitting in from of the computers it is ghz channels - auto encryption - open thanks for the help nbsp

A:Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem

What version of windows? Vista and 7 firewall default to deny ping.

ipconfig /release then renew, it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not.Click to expand...

typical issue.
Get the connection and then

get a command prompt
enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
now look for Node Type . . . ?? should be Hybrid

if not, save the attachment, remove the .TXT suffix and save as .REG
dbl-clicking will fix the registry to make Node Type . . . Hybrid

Disconnect from the router after applying the change - - wait 30 sec - - reconnect.

cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gatewayClick to expand...

the DNS is a real problem and the above should resolve that.

* You alread know how to see the tcp config. Here's how to TEST the DNS:

get the command prompt
ping 8.8.8.8 (good timings says you have a PATH in the Internet)
nslookup 8.8.8.8 (if you get back the name, then dns by address is ok)
nslookup google-public-dns-a.google.com (should show you the address 8.8.8.8)
at this point you should be fine.

* your real issue is Internet access, not ping, not /release and not /renew. Yeah they can be useful
but never impact email or browsing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-secondary-laptop-to-arris-wireless-modem.186214/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all...............

I used to think I was good with PCs.......but I'm struggling with this one!!

My ISP is NTL (Virgin). I was connected via the USB and all was well. I recently purchased the router above. This router uses the ethernet cables, which I believe I've put in correctly, but if I leave in the USB it uses that route & if I remove it.........I get nothing!! I'm having no joy. I want to keep a wired connection for the PC and have the wireless for the games machines etc.

Can anyone help??

Sorry..a little more information. when I tried to re-install the modem using the ethernet cable option, an error came up saying..'put the USB cable in and try again!'

Relevancy 56.33%

Sometimes, when my HP 155 G3 Notebook PC restarts, I can not find any WiFi connections.( I do not have any alternatives in the way of connecting to a wireless WiFi )I have to use Ethernet to actually be able to use the internet at all. I really want to use my laptop without the internet cable. ( With wireless connections ) I have tried to do very much, to be able to see any WiFi connections, but I really can't do it.How can I fix this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Windows-8-Laptop-can-not-find-wireless-WiFi/td-p/5791642
Relevancy 56.33%

My cable company said I need a wireless adapter on my HP zd7010us laptop and that I should call HP support. I’m having a problem connecting with HP support, so I thought to seek advice here. I laptop has Windows XP installed since about 4 years ago. My ISP supplied modem --which my laptop is connected-- has a built in wireless router. My laptop connects to the internet when wired however there is no wifi connection. What is the best way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 55.9%

The issue is complicated For starters I have been experiencing trouble connecting my laptop to the internet through our cable modem I did live in a dorm on a college network with ethernet if that Modem PC - Router Issues WIreless Cable Home Laptop - - affects anything My home computer is a Dell desktop It has no ethernet ports so we use a USB cable to connect to the cable modem However when I disconnect the USB cable from my PC and connect to my laptop my laptop has trouble even detecting it Sometimes a Local Area Network Connection will not even show up In device manager the USB connection has a yellow exclamation point next to it Additionally Cable Modem - Home PC - Laptop - WIreless Router Issues I have tried disconnecting the USB cable from my PC to eliminate that connection and then hooked up my ethernet cable from my laptop to the modem s ethernet port When I do this nothing at all happens To complicate the problem I called my provider G Force and asked what the problem was I was recommended to pick up a wireless router to eliminate the conflict I got a Linksys WRT G Once I got home i realized that I needed an ethernet port on my PC to install the router software on my PC I decided Cable Modem - Home PC - Laptop - WIreless Router Issues to try Cable Modem - Home PC - Laptop - WIreless Router Issues and bypass my PC all together and install through the laptop even though I can t get a connection through any cables I seemed to have installed it successfully minus the connecting to the internet step I just skipped it the installation said that everything was established except for the cable internet connection I think i had the cables set up right one ethernet cable from modem to linksys port one ethernet cable from laptop to linksys port I had definitely established a wireless connection though I turned on my WIFI on my laptop and it immediately detected my network I connected fine with full signal For some reason I could not do anything on the internet no i e pages could be reached napster couldn t connect I uninstalled all of my linksys software hoping I just screwed something up and am now back at square one Help please nbsp

A:Cable Modem - Home PC - Laptop - WIreless Router Issues

A minimum requirement when switching the device connected to the modem is to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds or so) the modem. It is not clear to me that you did that every time.

Reset the router to factory default settings (hold the recessed reset button for 10 to 20 seconds, or consult the manual for precise instructions).

Unplug the modem and router and shut down computers.

Leaving the modem's USB port unconnected, connect modem to router's WAN port and computer(s) to router LAN port(s).

Plug in modem; plug in router; boot computer(s).

If you don't get a connection to the router skip to the ipconfig /all information below.

Type the router's default LAN address (192.168.1.1?) into your browser and login to the router. Look at the WAN status to see if it got a good IP configuration.

If the router did not get a good IP configuration (and you never got a good ethernet connection to the modem) there are several possible reasons:

1. Like my service, for some reason you need to register the modem as if it is a new one when switching from USB to ethernet or vice versa;

2. Your ISP is one of the few that tracks the MAC address of the device connected to the modem; if this is the case you have to clone the (USB connnection's) MAC address of the desktop to the router's WAN. EDIT: or call your ISP and register your router's WAN MAC address.

3. Modem's ethernet port is bad;

4. Cable from modem to router is bad.

If you couldn't get a good connection to the router ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-modem-home-pc-laptop-wireless-router-issues.721103/
Relevancy 55.9%

Just moved in and brought my ADSL wifi modem Belkin F1PI241EGau with me, but over here there is cable and the provider supplied me with their modem motorola Surfboard SB5101E. I would like to connect these two to use the wifi. Would that be possible?

Thank you

A:Can i connect my adsl2/2+ wifi modem/router to cable modem?

Not really. The ADSL router doesn't have the correct WAN interface. You need a standard router with an Ethernet WAN connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-connect-my-adsl2-2-wifi-modem-router-to-cable-modem.820259/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi i have problem
I need to make wireless networking generating from internet cable 
in my laptop i have internet connected by wire but i need to get WiFi signal from laptop computer to mobile
i create new network wireless by setup new connection  - add hoc and already created but it give me in end
waiting for user in status
when i go to mobile to see my wireless network i cannot found 
it not display. i get another mobile to confirm but also not display
My question is How to generated wireless WiFi from laptop internet cable
I using windows 7

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2c11e82d-656e-40ff-9a71-f0ad2db1cfb1/cannot-generated-wifi-from-wireless-network-in-my-laptop-although-it-created?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.9%

The laptop belongs to my family and is one of the two laptops that my family owns Both laptops are Compaq Presario CQ PC Notebooks One is years or so older than the other and I ve fail to Why wireless laptop does Solved: to connect wifi? noticed that they both have to different wireless network adaptors The Solved: Why does laptop fail to connect to wireless wifi? older laptop has Broadcom and the newer laptop has Realtek As I m sure you can guess the older laptop is the one we re having trouble out of The laptop has never had any problems connecting to the ARRIS wireless access point that Solved: Why does laptop fail to connect to wireless wifi? is through Solved: Why does laptop fail to connect to wireless wifi? Fedility Communications To get to the point the older laptop had been connecting to the ARRIS wireless access point just fine until Thinking back it has done this before one other time a little over a year ago and my family never figured out why it did it It just suddenly went back to normal Now it s doing it again and the strange part is it will connect to my family s U S Celluar hot spot Here is the info I got from it Please let me know if you need any more info I hope the info given below helps and thank you to anyone who replies Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users hp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -E - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address - -E - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday September AM Lease Expires Tuesday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- - - -E - - B- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C- - A-D - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - -F -EB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd fbf a f d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe fbf a f d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B - - BCB- E - D DB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users hp gt nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I've been having issues with my cable connection and bought a new wireless cable modem to see if that was the problem...was able to connect on the laptop without any problem but have been having the same issues connecting (server not found). Before I was receiving packets but wouldn't ever send more than 1514. Now I send 1 packet and receive none. I can not find an ip address through ipconfig and when I try to renew it says to remove nic card...I uninstalled and reinstalled though auto detect but to no success. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Windows 2000 LAN/Cable Modem will not connect on desktop but does on wireless laptop

your title says laptop is working ok

can you confirm all the PC's laptops etc, how connected and what works or not

then on the machine which does not work

Ipconfig on Vista
Vista does not handle permissions the same as XP.
Locate the command prompt short cut in your start menu. Right click it, choose run as administrator, then try the ipconfig.

If you want to always have the command prompt run with elevation
Right-click the command prompt icon, choose Properties
Select the Shortcut tab
Click on Advanced
Check Run as administrator
------------------------
can you do the following tests Post back the results of all the test - clearly labeled which is which - ie pc / laptop
its important to do all the ping tests

1) Ping the default gateway
2) ping google.com by the name
3) ping google using IP address

all details below
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.
------------------------------------------------
try ping the name and then the IP see below

start
run
cmd

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping {the default gateway ipaddress you got above }
C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [64.233.187.99] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 101ms, Maximum = 120ms, Average = 107ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.99
Pinging 64.233.187.99 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 111ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 113ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-lan-cable-modem-will-not-connect-on-desktop-but-does-on-wireless-laptop.595932/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Can someone laptop connection to wireless DSL from has a via wifi web that router existing Send plese help me with this I would like to take Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL and existing web connection thats on a laptop and send it to a new Netgear wireless modem providing an internet connection for devices out of the wifi modem My original connection is from a DSL modem and is connected via wifi to my laptop Here is what i tried so far The router i want to use now is connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable and goes into the Wan port of the router First i simply turned on sharing on my existing wifi connection and the internet icon on the router is green but when i go to status of the router it says no web connection and devices such as an ipod don t receive any internet Next i tried to bridge the connection but that did not work either even though my laptop showed that they were bridged Please help as i have spent hours on this already Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-existing-web-connection-to-a-wireless-router-via-laptop-that-has-wifi-from-dsl.1104218/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having the exact problem (krustyzworld) had. I have an ATT 2701 2 wire modem/router that drops off when I use my wireless laptop, it works fine when I use a Ethernet cable connection. I have tried a second ATT 2701 with the same results. The only difference between (krustyzworld) and myself is I have the correct power source and my power light don't change (it stays on steady). What happens to me is that first the internet light goes out than the green dsl light goes flashing red, in less than a minute everthing returns to normal until the next random drop off.

A:Solved: 2wire modem/router loses all connection when laptop connects wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2wire-modem-router-loses-all-connection-when-laptop-connects-wireless.1098740/
Relevancy 55.04%

I Need some help. I got a new laptop and when i enable my wireless connection on my 2wire AT&T 2701 modem and turn my laptop on to connect to a wireless connection my modem/router losses all connection.Works fine when it is hardwired. Already tried 3 seperate modems all 2701 AT&T models.Called Att and messed with some configurations but nothing has worked.Possible line problem?Has anyone had similar issues?

A:Solved: 2wire modem/router loses all connection when laptop connects wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2wire-modem-router-loses-all-connection-when-laptop-connects-wireless.953885/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there,

My Canon MG 6120 printer used to work with all the computers in the house wirelessly. On upgrading the wifi modem, it is no longer recognised.

How do I get it to be recognised again?

Many thanks, Tony (using Win 10 64 bit on Gateway NV79 c0mputer)

A:Changed Wifi modem and cannot start wifi Printer

Canon PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer

Select Wireless Help, then select Re-establishing Printer Connection After A Network Change?.

The manual will download and appear in .PDF format so you can read it.

The information and diagrams you need will be there.

Note: You need to have Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader installed first, in order for the manual to load and be read.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-wifi-modem-and-cannot-start-wifi-printer.1156599/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an Acer laptop, Aspire E1-570. I changed it from Windows 8 to Windows 7 and it is now missing the wireless drivers so I can't connect to Wi-Fi. Where can I get the missing drivers please?
I loked through some old posts with a similar problem but the links provided weren't current/functional.
Thanks.

A:Switched laptop from Win8 to Win7 and missing wireless/wifi drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Go to the Device manager / Network Adapters / Right click on the one that is missing .. Select Property's / Details Tab / There should be a Hardware ID there please Post it ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339612-switched-laptop-win8-win7-missing-wireless-wifi-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I have a BSNL wireless modem having inbuilt router.The modem has some DSL problem and cannot use the ethernet port to connect to my desktop.So I bought a new Baton DSL modem without wifi facility.

I now need the WIFI connectivity to connect with my phone for browsing net.

For that I connected the Ethernet port of new DSL modem with the old BSNL wifi modem and applied the following configuration.

I changed the IP address of router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2

But I get only WIFI connection to connect to phone and not correctly getting the connection on desktop through the ethernet.Sometimes i get the connection and sometimes the connection lost.

I attached some images here.

pls help me to fix the problem.

Thanks & Regards

RAKESH BOSE

A:How to configure wifi modem having router with DSL modem ?

Hi there,

On the second router, DHCP needs to be disabled and assign a fixed IP within the router's IP scope (with Wi-Fi capability) i.e. 192.168.1.3 (make sure that 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3 will be in the IP exclusion list).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339397-how-configure-wifi-modem-having-router-dsl-modem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My Motorola SBG901 Modem/Router combo has stopped connecting to the internet. I have done all the troubleshooting with Comcast and with Motorola and it is out of warranty, so I will have to purchase a new one.

In the mean time, I wanted to use it only as a wireless router connected to my Scientific Atlanta DPC2100R2 modem. Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to disable the modem in the SBG901?

Simply connecting with the ethernet cords has not worked. I connected the DPC2100 to the SBG901 via ethernet cord. My computer was able to pick up a wireless connection but there is no cable connection. I am using Windows 7.

Thanks!

A:(Comcast) Connect Modem To Wireless Router/Modem Combo!

Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to disable the modem in the SBG901?Click to expand...

Perhaps a really skilled electronics engineer or technician could take it apart, separate the modem from the router portion and add an ethernet WAN port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comcast-connect-modem-to-wireless-router-modem-combo.1014057/
Relevancy 50.31%

Oh the hassles!!! Just when I had the port forwarding perfected for my modem/router, I decide to go wireless.

My modem router is D-Link DSL-504G

My wirelss router is Netgear WGR614v7

My laptop is running XP

My webcam is Logitech Pro and I broadcast using UBroadcast on port 8080

OK, in the old days I would port forward from the D-Link IP 10.1.1.2 to port 8080

Now, I went to portforward.com and followed their instructions for the Netgear and portforwarded IP 192.168.1.136 to port 8080

Sooooooo, what do I portforward the D-link to now????

See if you can see out my window on my webcam. In WMP, File, Open URL, and put in
http://ladeda.no-ip.info:8080

Thanks in advance.

PS I don't think I am broadcasting...

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi - I have a wireless cable modem from Time Warner in my bedroom and the signal was really weak in the living room, so I ran an ethernet network cable through the aprtment and hooked it up to the line in on a TP-LINK TL-WR841N modem. Could someone suggest how I set up the tp link to use the other wireless modem's network? I'm kind of new to this but can work my way through. Will it have the same network name and ip? Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I've got a thomson digiweb wired internet modem and i got a thomson wireless i also have the belkin adaptor i downloaded the cd for the belkin and im sure that's ok ... but when i connected all the wires up from the wired digiweb to the wireless and put them into the computer etc etc .. then i tried connecting with the wifi on my phone it didn't work i put in the wireless key no. and all that into it but still didn't work :\ .. any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong ?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 48.16%

My cable modem feeds a router that has 4 ports. One is to a switch, the other to my pc and the last 2 for internet phones.

My wife wishes to get a wireless router for the entire house.

My question is: Is there a way to hook a wireless router to the switch so I can keep my current hardwire network and establish a wireless network so that users in my home can logon anywhere in the house?

A:Wireless Modem from Cable Modem

maybe you find this information here:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic97922.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-modem-from-cable-modem.98336/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi not been on here for a while took me an age to remember log in etc which is a good sign as everything has been ticking along quite merrily then I thought I would catch up Modem ADSL Modem/Wireless with st century and the fun began Ok I have just ADSL Modem/Wireless Modem purchased a Belkin ADSL modem with wireless G router and wireless G usb network adapter was so proud of myself until I wanted to intall it etc It would seem that I have the wrong modem I presently have an ADSL speedtouch which has a ADSL Modem/Wireless Modem fixed connection into it so am unable to use etheral wire I ve confused myself already I have an old Voyager that I was given when I was with BT but it won t let me install it even using disk I still have tried it on notebook laptop too keeps telling me I don t have administrator rights blah blah blah I am currently getting my broadband from Orange If I upgrade with them they want to charge me a small fortune initially and then monthly which I have told them to poke Is there anyway of using present speedtouch with belkin wireless If not if I purchase an ADSL modem without a fixed connection what do I need to do then Uninstall speedtouch-install new modem But will my Orange broadband still work if internet connection not coming through Orange provided speedtouch If need to buy different modem where is the cheapest best easiest place for me to go either on foot or online Sorry it s long winded but it s late and it s been driving a little crazy Thank you Lara nbsp

A:ADSL Modem/Wireless Modem

Hi Lara.

I am not familiar with DSL service in the UK but someone else here may be able to assist you if you gave us the exact model numbers of all you networking hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-wireless-modem.868937/
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have replaced our old router with a new one and can t seem to get it to work I have a Sierra Wiress g Modem connected with Bigpond It is working when plugged directly into the computer via USB I had it plugged into a Netcomm router which was to wireless router use 3g Solved: Unable with wireless internet modem ethernet cable connected to the destop and also our TIVO device I was able to link o the internet wirelessly from my laptop - though not if someone was using the desktop at the same time I suspect an IP address conflict was at fault here though had no clue how to fix Solved: Unable to use wireless router with 3g wireless internet modem that My actual problem is my Netcom router no Solved: Unable to use wireless router with 3g wireless internet modem longer works and I ve had to purchase another When I plug my router into the computer I get an error message saying there is another computer on this network with the IP address but I tried to change the IP address of the router to no avail I returned that router and got another and ended up with the same problem Something tells me there s nothing wrong with the router or my computer but perhaps it s my incompetence That s where you come in Thanks Jennifer nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to use wireless router with 3g wireless internet modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-use-wireless-router-with-3g-wireless-internet-modem.999956/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

I need some help, I recently just brought a mobile wireless broadband modem as it is my only means of accessing the internet. This shows as a dialup connection.

I have a Asus WL-520GC wireless router with dd-wrt firmware on it. What I want to do is share my dialup usb internet connection to my wireless router where I can then use my ipod touch and xbox 360 to access the internet from.

Please help I keep on getting stuck.
Thanks

GrayFox

Relevancy 48.16%

hi
I have a strange problem.when i turn on my wifi on my laptop (MSI CR 620) My modem is turned off and the power light is on (red) and the configuration is reset !!! But I never had this problem with Windows 7.
(i reset my modem and factory setting but No avail)

my modem Is Planet

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12080-when-wifi-modem-off.html
Relevancy 48.16%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 48.16%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have had issues trying to setup this wireless network up for a few days please help me if you wireless router 2Wire wireless modem and DSL TP-LINK can as im close to using hammers and impact drills I have the Wire HGV-W wireless 2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router DSL modem from telstra bigpond which was supplying my house with wireless internet the wireless network from the Wire is a secured network and works fine but the signal is too weak and keeps dropping out in the upstairs study which is where its needed so i bought a external wireless antenna which i attached to a wireless router i had laying around its a TP-LINK TL-WR G this one has a connector for external antennas from the Wire modem i hooked up using ethernet cable the TP-LINK wireles router i 2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router tried to connect teh upstirs computer as expected wireless networks were displayed Wire-secured and TP-LINK- unsecured here is where the problem starts the signals get mixed up both networks show full signal strength but if i connect to the 2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router Wire the signal will drop to quot very low quot and it just wont connect to the TP-LINK network what im i missing here any help would be very much appretiated Thanks nbsp

A:2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router

Configure the channel of the secondary router to be different from the primary router. Keep them at least four channels apart. Configure both of them with the same SSID and encryption key, and you'll have seamless networking (well close) between them. You can use this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector to find the clearest channels.

The secondary router should also be configured as follows to create a single network where all the connected devices are peers.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2wire-wireless-dsl-modem-and-tp-link-wireless-router.904967/
Relevancy 47.3%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best outcome.@ECHO THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO...................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL.@ECHO A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED BELOW.@ECHO....................................:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 47.3%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Wireless connection issue I believe wired works -- haven't tried lately -- but the major problems are wireless ISP XfinityWifi hotspots and or in-house router sharing said hotpot Conn type Cable Router D-Link DIR- AV etc McAfee out of date MSE not genuine anymore thus disabled ipconfig all output included below Xirrus wi-fi inspector Wifi onboard laptop, Dell Wifi & USB nonfunctional Downloaded on my desktop computer USBdrived over to laptop installed run screenshot attached skmk is my in-house network xfinitywifi is a bit too weak but that's not the issue with this laptop Basic issue may well be an OS file corruption issue as Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional Dell support threw up their hands and suggested a clean Win install Install repair hasn't helped Laptop is a Dell Latitude D or thereabouts GB RAM Win Pro SP Onboard NIC is Intel Centrino Ultimate-N AGN driver v from Intel Adapter is enabled but fails to find any networks at all Complete removal redetection reinstall Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional of device makes no difference nor do latest NIC drivers Under Manage Wireless Networks the quot Add quot and quot Adapter properties quot buttons do nothing and under Network and Sharing Center quot Set up a new quot and quot Connect to a network quot are similarly unresponsive I also have a Belkin G USB wifi adapter which works perfectly in other computers but it too finds no networks in the laptop Previously after the onboard NIC went unresponsive I could use the Belkin adapter only in one specific USB port with a specific quot Wireless Network Connection quot name and it would only find one specific SSID skmknet -- which was my home config before wifi went south No new networks worked work I recall running a utility at some point that informed me there were quite a few active networks within range but couldn't give me any information about them Halp ----------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name MNV T -LEASE Primary Dns Suffix QUANTUM com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List QUANTUM com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Ultimate-N AGN Physical Address - - - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address D - -E - A- - A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional

If wireless are enabled then perhaps check services.msc for WLAN AutoConfig (automatic - started). Your repair install should have taken care of this though so not very hopeful.

Edit: also try uninstalling McAfee

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382132-dell-laptop-onboard-wifi-usb-wifi-nonfunctional.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am having a BSNL India broadband connection with modem ZTE ZXDSL AII I am using a dail up for connecting to net Because of this i cannot connect it to my Wifi router configure modem please to Wifi help and Dlink DI Previously i had a modem which need to be connected using dail up connection it was always connected i only had to enable or disable it and could be easily be connected to WiFi but eventually using it with WiFi it became kaput i dont know y but the modem started to behave weirdly please help to configure modem and Wifi and could not be connect later hence it was replaced by a BSNL technician and he told that now there is no other solution than to connect the modem using dial up because of which i cannot use my wifi Can nebody please explain me what all setting need to be change to use my Wifi with the modem because i believe if it cud be done before y not now please let me know as soon as possible nbsp

A:please help to configure modem and Wifi

I don't know about the "AII" part, but the ZTE ZXDSL 831 is an ADSL modem/router. It may be acting as both, or it may be "bridged" to act as a modem only.

I also don't really know what you mean by "dail up." Since you apparently have (A)DSL service I assume you probably mean PPPoE and your account/password. If so, then ...

If the modem/router is acting as a modem only you would specify that configuration type in the D-Link's WAN section.

If the modem/router is acting as both then you have a choice of ways to use the D-Link. To simply daisy-chain it the WAN is configured for (the default) dynamic connection and you need to make sure that it is not using the same LAN subnet as the modem/router (I think that the defaults are different).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-to-configure-modem-and-wifi.1068138/
Relevancy 47.3%

HI! i'm just curious to know if there was a way of connecting my USB modem in such a way that i can use it to have wireless access in my house (more specific room).

Currently i have a Cisco Wireless-N Home ADSL2+ Modem Router. it has a DSL port and 4 ethernet ports. i can alreadly pick up the wi-fi signal when i just switch the router on but obviously theres no internet connection yet.

am i over complicating issues or is this not possible? please help urgently

A:Usb modem with wifi router possible?

If you are currently using DSL for your Internet connection, is there a problem with replacing the USB modem with the Cisco Modem router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-with-wifi-router-possible.1102258/
Relevancy 47.3%

I will be traveling to Canada for about 3 months this summer.

If I have a laptop with a working US Wifi and modem, will I be able to do the same connections in Canada?

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys in the last day or so, my Technicolor TG587n v3 modem's wifi disconnects and then restarts whenever I reboot my galaxy S4, wired internet stays connected but wifi turns off, any ideas?

A:Modem drops wifi

Okay. Who is your ISP. There has been known issues for that model. That is why most go with their own equipment for Internet. Too many issues with the all-in-one gateways.

You could just turn off the onboard wifi, and use a Wireless Access Point instead. I use the Engenius ECB-350 for my network. Never have had any issues with it. I can pick it up to 75' from my house.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52517-modem-drops-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone We have a Cisco ASA here that provides DHCP and routing to all our devices products) ASA5505 issues - (all & Wireless other wifi Access Wireless Cisco Points in our network We also have a few other switches and wireless access points connected directly to the back of the ASA For the past year all the wireless network signals has been working fine however Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues starting last month none of the wireless access points we have three WRT G would allow proper connection dropping connection slow internet I thought this maybe all THREE wireless access points are toast bricked So i went out and bought brand new Netgear WN and even with the new WAP i m having same connectivity issues Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues really slow internet When hardwired directly to the Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues switches we get BLAZING fast internet amp connectivity no issues I called CISCO TAC and asked them for help and they automatically said quot our ASA is fine it has to be your wireless access points quot not working properly I explained to them that i also purchased two brand new access points and they are doing the samething now how can that be Can you guys assist Thanks nbsp

A:Cisco ASA5505 & Wireless Access Points (all other wifi products) - Wireless issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-asa5505-wireless-access-points-all-other-wifi-products-wireless-issues.999844/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear sir,
Recently I bought edimax 150 mbps wireless N adsl2+modem router , (model name AR-7188WnA ). I have a desktop set and asus ZenFone 2 laser (model-ASUS_ZOOLD).I want to use wifi (from asus mobile)to connect this edmax modem & router without having broadband connection.please tell me the details

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/use-wifi-connect-modem-amp-router-4606894/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes web browsing, my problem that is whenever I use an USB modem Ethernet and WiFi internet stops, this happened since windows 8 but windows 7 works just fine.
This drives me nuts since my internet access is mostly via 3G USB modems but the fastest connection is through a router.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46805-usb-modem-disables-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I had a Beetel BXi router you wouldn t know of this brand it s India only and everything was fine with it This week the ISP guys came and changed the modem to the different model Beetel TC They say it s problem with Strange modem. new Wifi an upgrade But now I m having a strange problem It works fine on my desktop ethernet and my laptop through Strange new problem with Wifi modem. WiFi But my NOT on my phone I m sure it s not my Phone s issue because I ve tried connecting to other networks and it works successful Still I ve tried putting new different versions of the ROM on my phone but nothing works Everything was fine before the router change I have no idea what the problem is I complained to the ISP but they insist it s the phone s problem So I ve tried all this Resetting the router to factory settings Using WEP instead of WPA PSK Reflashing my phone Using b instead of g b I m using Windows Mobile on my HTC Touch Elfin Can you guys help What can be the problem nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

hi i recently resetted my mtnl modem DNA-A212 after which i am not able to connect my mobile to wifi.It is asking for password which i am not able to get.

A:connecting modem wifi to mobile

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111229223429AAubudc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-modem-wifi-to-mobile.1145047/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a desktop computer connected to a wireless modem through an ethernet cable. My laptop is connected to the modem using wifi. Is there any way to connect the two computers?
This my network map:

Thanks in advance
-Ramchan

A:How to connect two computers via a wifi modem?

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If you wish to have the 2 computers communicate and do files/printer sharing and both computers have Windows 7 (I'm assuming), you may setup a Homegroup.
HomeGroup - Microsoft Windows

Please let us know if this is what you wish to accomplish or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265672-how-connect-two-computers-via-wifi-modem.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Not sure where to post this.

Wifi Modem interference questions.

I am from the U.S.
I got a combo modem/router from a cable company.
It has four Ethernet ports,
It also wifi capable.
I have two computers both hooked up to Modem/router

I been having signal issues. I thought it was the cable company, which I am in the process of quitting their internet service.

I had the modem disconnected from the cable line the other night. I noticed modem received interference around 11:30 p.m.

What type of devices can interfere with a combo modem/router and cause it not to work at all?
Medical? Alarm?

Yes, I changed to default password for logging into the modem.

A:Wifi Modem interference questions

There's a lot ranging from wireless camera, to Bluetooth. Read more here: Electromagnetic interference at 2.4 GHz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336376-wifi-modem-interference-questions.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello thanx for the acceptance Ok first and foremost i own a gateway out of warranty Xp series dsl modem works just fine i am currently WiFi modem dilemas so frustrating and on it surfin the web on my desktop when i plug it into my WiFi and modem dilemas so frustrating laptop it will not recognize i assume bcuz i cannot surf the web even tho the light on the ethernet socket lights up i have another laptop that when i do the same it works perfectly ok heres the biggy When i search for my router it wont even show up m neighboors router or any other wireless connections even the connections that dont belong to me i have no idea nad been callin intel and gateway and want me to pay due to out of warranty issues I Am WiFi and modem dilemas so frustrating gratefully thankfull to all and any who view this thread and share there info god bless ok i was reading some other thread to c if i can find the answer but i found out u may need this information under my device mangaer network adapters i have this net adapter direct parallel intel r PRO PL Network Connection with a yelllow cicrle exclamtion INTEL R PRO WIRELESS ABG NETWORK CONNECTION with a yelllow cicrle exclamtion and six Wan MIniports aswell as when i type ipconfig IPCONFIG ALL on the cmd i gget this windows ip configuration C documents and settings owner hope this other extra info helps u to help me - also when i try to install a new version on the abg wireless pro it says installation fails evry time i d l again from intel also when i double click on the pro wireless intel abg i get a pop up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY PLEASE HELP ME AND THE PROWIRLESS TOOL SAYS quot NO SUPPORTED WIRELESS ADAPTERS AVAILABLE IN THE SYSTEM quot nbsp

A:WiFi and modem dilemas so frustrating

aswell as when i type ipconfig IPCONFIG /ALL on the cmd i gget this

windows ip configurationClick to expand...

Bingo! The above indicates you are missing the network drivers on your computer! (Re-confirmed by what you report in your Device Manager)

Suggest you go this driver thread to go to the Gateway web site. Look up your specific computer model and download / install the network d

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-and-modem-dilemas-so-frustrating.122045/
Relevancy 46.87%

I currently have two cables One cable is a yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into my motorola cable modem in the Ethernet slot The opposite end is plugged into the Slot slot in WiFi and Modem Router Issue my Linksys wireless router My second cable is a grey ethernet Router and Modem WiFi Issue cable One end is plugged into the back of my computer and the opposite is plugged into Slot slot in my Linksys wireless Router and Modem WiFi Issue router All of the lights are on both my modem and my router as if everything is working okay The internet works as well However when I try to access my Linksys wireless settings by typing in http in my address bar it says the connection has timed out It says this each time Now when I move my yellow ethernet cable that is plugged into Slot into the Internet slot in my Linksys router and I slide my grey ethernet cable to Slot one I restart my router and I am now about to access http However though I can access these settings I cannot browse the internet When I go to google or any other website it says page cannot be displayed Therefore I cannot easily toggle between the Linksys settings and my internet without moving around wires and restarting my router I m doing this because I m trying to configure my router with WiFi so I can use my Nintendo DS Can anybody tell me why I m having such difficulty with being able to view the Linksys settings and keep my internet connection at the same time By the way my Linksys Wireless Router is a WRT G My OS is Windows XP and my cable internet service is Optimum Online Note when I have the wire connecting to my modem into the INTERNET slot in my router it says my computer is connected My Network Connections says I am indeed connected to the internet However when I try to use a browser or a program that needs the internet it will not work I get quot Problem loading page quot and when I try and run Windows Live Messenger it says my connection has been lost nbsp

A:Router and Modem WiFi Issue

Well, the modem has to connect to the WAN/Internet connection or you won't have any success here. What's happening now is the computer is connecting directly to the modem and using the router as a simple switch.

Do NOT try to configure the router using the wireless connection! Connect it with a cable for configuration, then you can disconnect it once you get it all configured.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-and-modem-wifi-issue.678387/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. In over my head (not hard to do in this area ) I have Centurylink service and currently are renting their modem/wifi box. I want to replace it with my own modem and my Linksys EA4500 N900router. What do I need to buy to replace the modem so that it is compatible with Centurylink? and do I need to know the IP address currently associated with it to set up the new modem?
Thanks!

A:Replace Centurylink Modem/Wifi

You need to check either them to see if they allow that and what all you need to configure and let them know, they may not allow modems that aren't approved from them work or may charge you for modem rental anyways as it may be part of their service. You may also loose the ability for them them to provide you troubleshooting if they are unfamiliar with the units you choose. It appears they are a DSL provider and not Cable is that correct? For DSL you'd have to program the router with your DSL username and password to connect, so you'll need to know that. You shouldn't need to know any IP address for the modem as that's assigned by them but you will need to be able to access your router to configure it, so either it's IP address or use the CD Wizard to configure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-centurylink-modem-wifi.1082465/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I have been using a nic and ics to share my usb modem internet with my xbox via ethernet cable.

I have recently installed a wifi dongle to use as an access point to share the same usb internet with a smartphone.

But now my first connection has limited or no connectivity... Can I share the same internet with them both?

If not how do I switch ics between them as I can't get my original local area connection back to using the ics?

Im using xp sp3

A:limited or no connectivity ics nic wifi usb modem

Can I share the same internet with them both?Click to expand...

My guess is "no" but that's only a guess. Let's take a quick look at ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-ics-nic-wifi-usb-modem.1075094/
Relevancy 46.87%

Greetings, for some reason, I have not been able to connect to modem, with hi speed internet, just wifi,can someone please help me with this. I have connected Samsung support  several times, they had said it was a driver, and after many attempts were able to update the driver, toredo tunneling , system worked for a short time, then reverted to wifi. Thanks to anyone who can help.
 Samsung NP300 Laptop
 4 gig mem, intel premium processor, Windows Home Premium version with SP1, 64 bit program

Thanks,
   Jim

A:Please help, can not connect to modem with ethernet , just wifi

What's your Ethernet setup? Modem to router to PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553133/please-help-can-not-connect-to-modem-with-ethernet-just-wifi/
Relevancy 46.87%

I m a bit of a rookie when it comes to Networking but here goes I ve got a D-Link WiFi a Router DSL Modem Using D-Link as a DSL- Mbps Wireless router with built-in ADSL modem and a D-Link DI- Mbps Wireless Broadband router Obviously the DI- that I recently purchased doesn t feature an in-built modem so instead of blowing on a D-Link ADSL modem with Ethernet connectivity I was hoping to use the ADSL modem feature in my old Wireless router as my modem for the DI- I called D-Link support but unfortunately after an hour of following live instructions from their support staff I ended up Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem nowhere They instructed me to disable DHCP and Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem NAT features Using a D-Link DSL WiFi Router as a Modem on the and plug an ethernet cable into it s LAN PORT and plug the other end into the WAN PORT on the I plugged an ethernet cable into the DI- LAN PORT and into my computer s Ethernet port in order to configure the DI- After configuring the DI- via its web configuration web page I could get the Mbps network up and running but without the access to DSL If anyone any of the above mentioned products and can provide a tip or a link to a guide or something that would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey All,

I have a Wireless Modem that works perfectly (i can use the wireless fine) but i need to connect it to a Wireless Router. But it won't work.

I also have a non-wireless Modem that when connected to the wireless router everything works great. But i have to return the non-wireless modem.

I think it might have to do w/some gateway settings on my wireless modem. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

w00t_Masta

A:Can't connect Wireless Modem to Wireless Router

"won't work" means what? Both devices refuse to power on?

What modems are these anyway? Dialup, cable, DSL, some special wireless connection?

Gateway settings on the wireless modem? If that modem cares about gateways and such, then it is a router device and you should connect it to one of the LAN ports of your wireless router. Disable the router's DHCP server and make sure you don't have any IP address conflicts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wireless-modem-to-wireless-router.57286/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a DSL modem with wireless capability which I've had directly connected to a router via an RJ-45 connection. I'm looking to move my setup, but because of where items are placed in the room, I have to keep the DSL modem where it's at, and I'd rather not run wires around the room. If I pick up a wireless router that contains RJ-45 ports, would I be able to have it replace my original router and have the wireless router connect to the DSL modem (obviously through the wireless connection) and have that work like my current set up? Or am I missing something altogether and I need a different piece to pick up the wireless connection from my DSL modem and connect it to my router?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello!

Im a bit confused with what I need to do with my set up so any advice will be tried and will hopefully work.

I just had charter install a wireless cable modem into my house and it was put in my study. however, i would now like to get my xbox 360 running as well as the internet for my blue-ray player and tv. So i bought a wireless router.

The modem from charter is called: Ubee wireless cable modem (from charter)
The wireless router purchases is: Netgear N300 wireless router (wnr2000v3)

I am trying to connect them wirelessly. Like I said above, my modem is in the study and the router is about 30 feet away in the living room area. Is there any way to connect those?

Thanks!

A:Connecting Wireless Modem to Wireless Router

Is there any way to connect those? Click to expand...

Yes, best and maybe only way is by ethernet cable--LAN to LAN port if you want everything on the same local network.

I am trying to connect them wirelessly.Click to expand...

Does the router have a Wireless Bridge (or AP Client) mode? If not, if it has an AP mode there is a small chance you may still accomplish it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-modem-to-wireless-router.1006067/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an office over my garage detached from my house but only about - feet from modem in house The wireless signal is very weak When I had the modem in the garage office the wireless signal to the house was weak Comcast thought their new wireless modem would address this but it has not So I have run a cat cable from the modem across the yard to the garage and hardwired it into a Linksis WRT G Wireless Router Although I can connect to it off modem? router of run possible wireless Is to wireless Comcast the router wirelessly I cannot get internet access on my computer I called Comcast and they said they would have to disable the wireless signal from the modem if I want to activate the wireless router Is it possible to run wireless router off of wireless Comcast modem? I do not see how this will solve anything They mentioned that to have active wireless signals would create interference Is this true I can hardwire my computer to the router but I also use a laptop and other wireless devices that I would really like to have a strong signal for Please advise nbsp

A:Is it possible to run wireless router off of wireless Comcast modem?

It should be possible without to much fuss.

I'd guess that you may have double WAN'd your network. The Comcast wireless device is determining what IP addresses all of your devices are supposed to get, and your WRT54G is probably doing the same thing. Both devices are probably set up to automatically provide DHCP services, and they are clashing with each other. The range of IP addresses for both devices may not even be the same. Since your WRT54G is an aftermarket device I'd disable DHCP on that machine (because it'll probably be easier to do and your Comcast device is closest in line to the modem because it is the modem, Oh and you'll have to log into your WRT54G's admin page to disable DHCP ) and make sure the line that runs from the Comcast device to the garage isn't plugged into the WAN port on your WRT54G router but is instead plugged into one of the four network/internet ports. The WAN port is the single port off to the left of the other four ports when viewed from the back.

It's possible with the right equipment to bridge two wireless routers and extend the range of your home network. A Linksis WRT54G firmware can be reflashed as a DD-WRT machine and bridged with another DD-WRT router. I know it's possible because I've done exactly that at my house.

You'll want to got to http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index for any additional info on how to do that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-run-wireless-router-off-of-wireless-comcast-modem.178112/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

A:Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41954-wifi-wifi-icon-has-left-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All Did the research here and tried a lot of stuff but still no connections IPconfig reset etc DSL provider supplied a new Netgear modem today modem Solved: can't to wifi new Vista connect SSID HomeWiFi WPA Personal AES Signal strength quot Excellent quot Netbook win I set up a wireless network with WPA Personal AES etc and it connects fine quot Netbook -- HomeWiFi -- Internet quot All good so far Laptop Vista SP that was working on the old modem right before swapping in the Netgear I duplicated the win wireless setup process quot Laptop -- Unidentified network -- X -- Internet quot Download and install the latest wifi drivers for the laptop same response Solved: Vista wifi can't connect to new modem It has a wifi LED that flashes like it is connecting looks like it is negotiating I can connect using the cable and get internet OK I removed security in the modem removed and recreated the wireless network in Vista same response Anyone care to wade in here and Please help me get this working Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am usually pretty savvy with networking but this one really has got me I have searched all over teh Intarwebs with no success solving it Basically here s the issue I m in Mexico and I want to set up a VPN specifically HideMyAss HMA so that I can use my Roku and generally stream things from the United States TELMEX has given me a to modem fiber Connecting wifi router Alcatel-Lucent I- w-q router which connects to the fiber line they have run to my house Separately I bought a ASUS RT-N wifi router because that is the one that HMA says can be programmed to be the central quot tunnel quot into their VPN I upgraded the RT-N firmware to DD-WRT s most recent build I have access to the config Connecting fiber modem to wifi router sections of both routers so I can modify their settings at will So what I need to Connecting fiber modem to wifi router do is connect the Alcatel router to the Asus router in such a way as I can use the Asus router as the primary access to the Internet I wanted to set this up BEFORE I get the HMA subscription so that I could confirm it worked before I shell out for HMA I would deeply appreciate any assistance at all in setting things up so it goes through nbsp

A:Connecting fiber modem to wifi router

You'll need to check with Roku as to whether this is a violation of the terms of service. Based on what I'm seeing, Roku has specific appliances for different countries. I can easily see that what you're doing by accessing US programming from Mexico is a violation of the terms of service; more specifically the programming owners will probably have issues with streaming to foreign countries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-fiber-modem-to-wifi-router.1068227/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I m just trying to set up my first wireless network I ve been all over the net today and can find nothing that works or matches my configuration Ad Hocs seem to be up modem set w/smartphone trying network wifi to Solved: for connecting computers and routers are for dial up or broadband What I have is a desktop running XP with a wireless card I have a wireless printer and a wireless media player I have a SMC router but I see no way to configure it when its plugged it I don t see it anywhere My Acer Liquid E Smartphone is my modem Solved: trying to set up wifi network w/smartphone modem I have no hardline I have run the wizard on the desktop but my printer cannot see the network I created and Solved: trying to set up wifi network w/smartphone modem when I list wireless networks available to connect to my neighbours shows up but the one I created does not What am I missing If someone can point me at a step by step tutorial not video please my cell service is not good enough for streaming video I d be ecstatic nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a 3com Switch 4400 and a netgear BT internet router / modem (4 port)

BT router > 3com switch > PC's

I have around 10 Pc on my network, 7 of them are connected to the 3com and the rest via wifi.

i need the 3 com router to issue the ipaddrsses and give access the the internet via the BT modem / router / AP.

I have tried looking on many forums but no help, i can get the 3com to issue the ip addresses, but then i have no internet. Or set the d.gateway to the bt router but then i am unable to have the 3com to issue the ipaddress.

please if anyone can help

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have searched Google, this forum and others but I can't seem to find a yes or no on this topic.

I have an iPhone 3Gs, I can use it as a tethered modem fine and the speeds are pretty good (on a 3G network). At home I have 3G and Wifi ( wifi through my ISP). I can connect my phone and use it OR use wifi but I can't use both together.

I seem to recall in XP you could do modem doubling (correct me if that's not the correct terminology).

Does anyone know if Windows 7 can support this and how I might configure it?

OR possibly a 3rd party software.
Thanks for the help!
Information that you may need to help me.
Notebook - Windows 7 Ultimate
iPhone - iOS 4.0.1 - Tethered via USB
Wifi Belkin Router G

A:Wifi + Tethered iPhone Modem Doubling

How can you use 2 different methods to connect to the internet at the same time?
As far as I know, only 1 at a time will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99811-wifi-tethered-iphone-modem-doubling.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a query My mate modem virus? hold/distribute a Will WIFI was using my wifi and he was Will WIFI modem hold/distribute a virus? downloading dodgy stuff I know Will WIFI modem hold/distribute a virus? I know Whilst he was downloading I turned my laptop on and it automatically installed updates before it got to the enter password screen which I thought was suspicious After I logged in I updated my Norton antivirus and it updated and then installed a patch I performed a 'quick scan' and it told me nothing had been found I also noticed that when I started playing a game on my phone that usually has advertisements through it the ad's weren't there and when they were expected to show in this case at half time of a football game the game froze This only seems to happen when the phone is connected to the WIFI Is it possible that the WIFI router is harbouring a virus and if so how can I fix it Also has this virus infected my laptop and phone Thanks

A:Will WIFI modem hold/distribute a virus?

More likely the site that serves the advertisements has been blocked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520230/will-wifi-modem-holddistribute-a-virus/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I just recently got Fibre Internet (upgrade from Cable) and a new Wifi Modem (From ISP).

I am trying to access my Wifi modems settings /gateway page ie 192.168.0.1

I want to change my password etc from the stock one my ISP gave me.

When I type that into my search bar at the top of my search engine (Firefox) I get: The connection was reset?

My internet works perfectly...I can visit websites and download with no issues at a good speed.

I can access my wifi modems settings / gateway page on my tablet and my laptop...just not my main PC.

I have tried Firefox, Google and IE on my PC...none of them work.

The first day I got the Fiber Internet installed I was able to access the wifi modems settings / gateway page on my pc with no problems but no since then.

I am using Win 7

Any Ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400765-cant-access-wifi-modem-settings-page.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone I'm trying to achieve something which I think most might not have tried starting with what I have Type adsl cpe iad modem-It has built in wifi A fiber internet connection A samsung smart tv with built in lan adapter inch LED-no wifi but wifi ready Now the modem which I have mentioned above cannot be used with the fiber internet connection So it is just lying waste but I want to use my internet connection provided by my ISP through fiber connection with the modem so that I can use my modem's wifi and lan ports What I have done was connected my laptop to my modem's wifi and also to my ISP's fiber connection so my laptop is connected to both the networks and now I have tried to establish a bridge connection between the lan connection and the wifi connection I was successful and I was also able to share my internet connection as shown in my laptop but when I have checked for the wifi internet connection it is not there Checked on my mobile-one x and use connection. to with a wifi modem's ADSL fiber a How ipad So is there any way so that I can do this Please don't suggest me to use a application like connectify or virtual router to share my fiber internet connection Now there is a another thing that i have mentioned above my Samsung tv now I have connected one of my modem's lan connection to my tv and tried to use the all share application my laptop is connected to the same modem through wifi in my laptop I have found my tv and the laptop connected to the modem Control Panel Network and Internet Network Map but my tv is not at all recognizing my laptop and my laptop is also not finding my tv in the allshare application If my first problem of getting my internet to the modem's wifi is possible then I also want to try that for the modem's lan connection so that I can avoid the pain of buying a samsung wifi dongle which costs more than of my tv's price This is my first post in this form pls give your suggestions if I have gone How to use a ADSL modem's wifi with a fiber connection. wrong any where

A:How to use a ADSL modem's wifi with a fiber connection.

the answer is YES

you piggy-back the router onto the fibre modem, you can do this if

a) the fibre modem has a LAN port (which it will have)
b) the fibre modem allows its IP range to be changed
c) the spare router allows DHCP to be disabled
d) the spare router allows its LAN IP Address to be changed

if yes to all 4 then you can do this.

you simply shorten the Fibre Modems LAN Range by 1,
e.g. (assuming your Fibre Modem is on 192.168.0.1) change 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.0.3 - 192.168.0.254
as the device is on 0.1 and the rest of the range starts from 0.3 to 0.254 , this leaves 0.2 for the 2nd router to use...

(if your fibre modem is on 192.168.1.254 and range is 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.253 then follow suit by changing the 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 and using the 192.168.1.1 for the 2nd router)

now once you done the above in the fibre modem you can turn off any wi-fi in the fibre modem ...assuming it has any.

now unplug the fibre modem and plug in the 2nd router, log in, disable DHCP and set its LAN IP Address (not the range) to the address you free'd up previously... e.g. 192.168.0.2 (or 192.168.1.1) then apply & save - you will now use that IP Address to access this router instead of 192.168.0.1

now with both unplugged and powered down/off, plug in the Fibre Modem and turn it on, give it time to connect to internet, then plug a LAN cable from one of its LAN ports to any of the 2nd routers LAN ports, plug in and turn on the 2nd router and wait for a while - you should now be able to use its LAN ports and its Wi-Fi connection

EDIT: as far as im aware its possible to have the 2nd routers IP Address both INSIDE or OUTSIDE (this method) the DHCP Range of the first modem/router, ive seen advice where both have worked.

as for your TV, it sounds like you are trying to Network them together so you can browse/watch files on your TV from your laptop..right? - your TV would have instructions on how to do this if it uses a specific utility/app supplied with the TV, but normally you would have Homegroup running in Windows 7 and this is what networks the computers together, you would then enable sharing on the folders you want too access via the TV, so in laptop right-click on folder (root folder would give access to all folders and files within) , choose PROPERTIES, then SHARING then ADVANCED SHARING and check 'SHARE THIS FOLDER' and click OK - now any computer connected to the router/network via LAN or WIFI can access this folder by accessing the NETWORK link in Start Menu and using the Homegroup password when prompted - but your TV is specific and will/should have its own instructions, disable password on laptops homegroup, this will make it easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244035-how-use-adsl-modems-wifi-fiber-connection.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello I have a problem connecting wifi router airlive wt- r to my ADSL modem webstar epc ed using utp patch cable When my PC is connected straight to the ADSL modem everything works like charm But when I connect modem with wan port on the router and router with my PC I get no internet access The network shows as unidentified network and win troubleshooter says Default gateway not available Connecting them two devices seems pretty simple and I don t think I am doing anything wrong so what could be the problem Any help would be very appreciated Thank you This is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Milan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Milan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - - -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained listopadu Lease Expires ledna Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv adsl wifi to connecting modem router IAID DHCPv Client DUID connecting wifi router to adsl modem - - - - - -C - -BC- F-F - - -DF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CF - B - -AF E- F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:connecting wifi router to adsl modem

can we see an ipconfig /all when connected to the webstar epc2203ed2.0 only
its possibly showing as a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wifi-router-to-adsl-modem.1077863/
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been having a problem with my laptop that s got me about ready to scream The laptop is a Gateway running Vista Home Premium and has built-in wifi I use the wireless to connect to my network at home and other places but I also occasionally tether the machine to my Blackberry in places where I installing Browser cell wifi modem after use won't don t have wireless access The problem is that once I ve used the Blackberry modem connection I have a tough time getting the system to use the wireless connection again for internet access Every time I try to open a browser I get the Blackberry dialup dialog and if I cancel that then it goes into offline mode and won t connect at all I ve set the properties in the dialup connection to only dial if a network connection is not available but that seems to do no good I can eventually get IE or Firefox to connect by fiddling with the LAN setup or running the connection Browser won't use wifi after installing cell modem setup wizard again but with other applications Windows Live Installer in particular I simply cannot connect to the internet via my wireless as long as that dialup connection is present I finally had to resort to completely deleting the Blackberry dialup connection to get WL installer to work Any ideas how I can get my two connections to live in harmony All Browser won't use wifi after installing cell modem I want it do is have the thing use the Browser won't use wifi after installing cell modem wireless first if it s available nbsp

A:Browser won't use wifi after installing cell modem

I have come across similar problems when using a BT connection with my PPC6700. I find the best way to avoid the problem is to not have the system attempt to dial up. In your case, if it is attempting to access the wifi (but not yet connected) and you have programs attempting connections (since some background programs might trigger this), just having programs sit there might help? You could give it a shot:

START -> CONTROL PANEL -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> CONNECTIONS(tab) -> "Never dial a connection"

That is how mine is setup, and in the "Dial-up and VPN settings" I only have "BluetoothConnection" and this is where I believe your link to the Blackberry most likely is.

Under LAN settings, when I click my button, I have nothing checked, and I have three choices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-wont-use-wifi-after-installing-cell-modem.692711/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

I dont think you mean modem; but router rather. Is that right? Because usually modems themselves dont have passwords; but routers do. If its the router you want to change the password for; you should be able to use any device that has web access to access the web configuration page for the router and in there it should have a section where you can change the passphrase/password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353312-how-change-wifi-password-adsl-modem-without-computer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 46.01%

I can't connecto to internet wifi or direct connect to modem. I have a toshiba laptop windows vista is the operating system. it always give me internet explorer error. I try to download firefox still giving me error on internet explorer

A:canot connect to internet using wifi and direct to modem my

Try the following to check, whether the problem is located in your internet browser settings.Therefore:Press WIN+R key.Type in cmd and click ok.In the upcoming black window (command prompt), type in tracert google.com.What did you get?Post back the result.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/canot-connect-to-internet-using-wifi-and-direct-to-modem-my/13678.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I will contact Cox shortly with the information but my brother s computer has seemingly gone from okay to worse even after having scanned with ADWcleaner It s laggy and whenever he turns it on it reboots our internet modem and kicks us out of the internet for awhile I can t even run ADWcleaner again without serious lag I m hoping we can get it back to normal so I m posting here Will contact COX internet about what website triggered the warning that our internet has been compromised SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft computer wifi Brother's modem slow, reboots Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc D Y Antivirus Windows Defender Brother's computer slow, wifi modem reboots Disabled I am also attaching the ADWcleaner log that I scanned just in case that is helpful as well Thank you Brother's computer slow, wifi modem reboots nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brothers-computer-slow-wifi-modem-reboots.1158118/
Relevancy 46.01%

My DSL modem/wireless router wont broadcast the wifi signal i need to know if it is just defective or a setting that can be turned off, It was working just fine and just recently stopped broadcasting, it works just fine for a direct connection. (It is a regular windstream wireless modem/router.

A:Windstream DSL modem/router wont broadcast wifi

you can enable/disable wireless in most router , from the configuration pages

also there is often a light on the front panel showing if WLAN is on/off

whats the make and exact model of the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windstream-dsl-modem-router-wont-broadcast-wifi.1047516/