Windows Support Forum

Access Denied error when trying access Windows 7 folder from Windows XP

Q: Access Denied error when trying access Windows 7 folder from Windows XP

Hello. I have a folder share on my Windows 7 computer and I was trying to access it with a Windows XP Home computer in the house. However, I kept getting an "Access Denied" error whenever I tried to write to the folder. How can I fix this?

Also, sometimes when accessing .zip files and .exe fines from one XP Home computer to another XP Home computer, I get a "Unspecified security risk" and "Access denied" error respectively. How do I fix this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Access Denied error when trying access Windows 7 folder from Windows XP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Access Denied error when trying access Windows 7 folder from Windows XP

multiple levels of controls here

the XP needs the LLTP service from SP3 to be able to share w/ win7

there are two layers of access for share resources:

the network access
the NTFS access
The simplest solution is to use Simple Sharing and share via the All Users\Shared Documents\ directory. The Admin can set Allow Modifications (or not as needed),
which create the NTFS perms for the <Everyone> group.

So, *IF* you have network access (you can see the shared folder and it's contents),
then the NTFS permissions are the controlling factor.

IF not, the the network access is in control and you need to figure out Simple Sharing vs not-so-simple and those requirements

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-denied-error-when-trying-access-windows-7-folder-from-windows-xp.158793/
Relevancy 103.63%

I'm using Windows 10 and am the only User and hence administrator. However, when I try to paste an tif image in a folder I am denied access to the folder on my computer. How can I get access?

A:Access denied to folder in Windows 10

Have you checked the permissions on the folder?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/access-denied-to-folder-in-windows-10/216.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi , to use a shared folder in windows vista , it gives me the message : Destination Folder Access Denied You need permission to perform this action. I tried to resolve the issue by putting OFF the windows firewall, it will work fine in case of Desktop PC but in Laptop, it showing me the message as mentioned above although both machine have windows vista Operating system with Service Pack1. Please do the needful at the earliest.

A:Folder Access Denied in Windows Vista

Hi and Welcome...

I understand the access-denied message, but am not following you on the shared folder. Are you attempting access to your own Public folder or ?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/folder-access-denied-in-windows-vista-290420.html
Relevancy 102.77%

So here's the scenario i have a media access Destination denied Folder 7 Windows server set up where i store all my media files so they are shared with my household The problem is that when i try and do anything in the shared folder mapped as a network drive i get a quot destination folder access denied you need permission to perform this action All OS's is Windows Pro Heres the setup single shared called Shared folder with subfolders where the administrator group is owner and the user credentials i use to log on the mapped network drive with are member of the administrator group every Windows 7 Destination Folder access denied member of the household have a different username i Windows 7 Destination Folder access denied have tried disabling UAC adding the user directly to the folder with full permissions and still no dice Am i missing something i am able to play the media files but if i want to edit a file or make a new folder i get the access denied error help Kind Regards Technrd

A:Windows 7 Destination Folder access denied

Wups... think i found the error.

Even thou im using connect with other credentials when i setup the mapped network drive it looks like windows is using the guest account for some reason.

Ill test and post my findings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185434-windows-7-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi. I had applied access restriction through the security tab on a folder. The setting had been set on each subfolder and every individual file within them. Recently I installed new windows and when I changed the access setting to "Allow" it would only apply to the parent folder and an error comes that show "Access Denied to ..." for each folder inside it. Which means I have to edit settings each single file and folder. Its a big trouble because there are hundreds of files inside. Please Help.

A:Folder Access denied after installing new windows

Follow the instructions here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280433-folder-access-denied-after-installing-new-windows.html
Relevancy 102.77%

On my previous Windows XP installation, I moved the default location of My Documents to Drive D. The idea is so that there will be less files to back up when I reinstall Windows XP on Drive C. This I have done a few times and everything worked fine... until now!

I reinstalled my computer, moved the default location of My Documents to the existing one on Drive D, and so far, everything seems normal. One particular folder, though, I cannot access. When I double click on it, it says Access is denied. When I hover the mouse, it says the folder is empty. This folder contains the files I use in my business.

What should I do???

Thank you.

A:Folder Access is Denied after reinstalling Windows XP... HELP!!!

This might help................http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-access-is-denied-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-help.366401/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello guys. I'm facing some problems trying to instal new fonts on my Windows 8.1. I downloaded the font, but when i click instal on it, a dialog window appears saying : Windows font folder - access is denied. I also tried copying the font, to the Fonts folder at control panel, but i recieve the same error. Some people say i need to change my administrator options, but the thing is the font folder does not have a propertis button. I would be really grateful if someone could help me. Cheers!

A:Windows font folder - access is denied

When you downloaded the fonts did you right click them & click Properties & Unblock them ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57596-windows-font-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hey guys I'm new to forum posting so bare with me We just purchased a new office computer Denied Folder Access Windows Destination - Help: 8 and it came equipped with windows Everything seemed to set up wonderfully as I connected back up to the server we have here in the office that is running Windows Server I set up my printers I mapped the network drives I needed The problem I am having is that the mapped drives seemed to be quot read-only quot I can view and open all files but I cannot save Help: Destination Folder Access Denied - Windows 8 or create new folders on the drive I have not changed anything on the server as far as user settings or permissions because everything was working smooth on the former computer that ran WinXP I'm just at a loss and I don't know what to do I've read around numerous forums with no luck I have checked the quot manage your credentials quot to ensure I have the proper Windows Credentials loaded as one forum suggested I have tried a couple other things but I cant seem to figure it out Below you will see a screen shot of what I keep running into Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

A:Help: Destination Folder Access Denied - Windows 8

Are you logging in as the same user you were using on the Xp machine? If so, is that user set up with a roaming profile or redirected folders?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31033-help-destination-folder-access-denied-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I am migrating from Windows XP denied folder Access copied Windows from to XP to Windows I have a security issue I copied a folder with C NET programs from my Windows XP machine to my new Windows Access denied to folder copied from Windows XP machine However on Windows the folder has a lock symbol on its folder icon and I can't use any of the programs in it although I can browse the folder and subfolders within it I right-clicked on the folder and checked permissions They were all grayed out I added my individual username and selected Full Control and the check marks for that username are now in full black not grayed out I went into Advanced and selected quot Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object quot which is unchecked by default I clicked quot Apply quot and quot OK quot But I still can't use any programs in subfolders and the root folder still have a lock symbol on it The propagation did not take effect as all security checkmarks are grayed out on subfolders Thanks for any help

A:Access denied to folder copied from Windows XP

Quote: Originally Posted by mrwsf

I am migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7. I have a security issue.

I copied a folder with C# .NET programs from my Windows XP machine to my new Windows 7 machine. However, on Windows 7 the folder has a lock symbol on its folder icon and I can't use any of the programs in it, although I can browse the folder and subfolders within it.

I right-clicked on the folder and checked permissions. They were all grayed out. I added my individual username and selected Full Control, and the check marks for that username are now in full black (not grayed out). I went into Advanced and selected "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" which is unchecked by default. I clicked "Apply" and "OK."

But I still can't use any programs in subfolders, and the root folder still have a lock symbol on it. The propagation did not take effect, as all security checkmarks are grayed out on subfolders.

Thanks for any help.

You probably just need to take ownership of the folder so that you can have full access to it. The link below shows you how to take ownership.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256918-access-denied-folder-copied-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I'm trying to understand this one as I have not come across any information about this yet I created a folder with custom security but denied to in folder Windows XP access a not User 7 to lock down access for users to modify a folder on a server R file server nbsp Basically a user can only upload to this folder no rename delete modify etc nbsp The permissions User denied access to a folder in Windows 7 but not XP are set to User denied access to a folder in Windows 7 but not XP a user group In a XP PC the user seems to be working as expected but on the Windows PC the user is being denied access to open the folder The PCs amp users are in AD Tested with a different account with the same results Is there something vastly different in Windows that would do this -vs- in XP nbsp I am using the advanced security settings to manage the restrictions nbsp I have allow rule access and a deny rule access for the group I will post pictures of the setting tomorrow but I'd thought I'd ask tonight in case anyone has seen this before Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7bddb4bd-79c8-4cb9-b961-38dd35fe106e/user-denied-access-to-a-folder-in-windows-7-but-not-xp?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 101.48%

After searchin microsofts help and to xp My Documents Denied of folder Access reinstallation windows after please help. support it appeared that i found my solution but their directoins were wrong well for my system anyway heres a grab from their site and my problem with it SYMPTOMS When you try to open a folder in Microsoft Windows XP you may receive the Access Denied to My Documents folder after reinstallation of windows xp please help. following error message where Folder is the name of the folder that you cannot open Folder is not accessible Access is denied CAUSE This issue may occur if the folder that you cannot open was created on an NTFS file system volume by using a previous installation of Windows and then installing Windows XP This Access Denied to My Documents folder after reinstallation of windows xp please help. issue may occur although you enter the correct user name and password This issue occurs because the security ID for the user has changed Although you use the same user name and password your security ID no longer matches the security ID of the owner of the Access Denied to My Documents folder after reinstallation of windows xp please help. folder that you cannot open For example although you use the same user name and password you may no longer have permission to open the folder after you complete the following steps Before you install Windows XP Professional you change the actual location or target location of the My Documents folder to another volume You format the primary partition You install Windows XP Professional RESOLUTION To resolve this issue you must turn off Simple File Sharing and then take ownership of the folder Turn off Simple File Sharing a Click Start and then click My Computer b On the Tools menu click Folder Options and then click the View tab c Under Advanced Settings click to clear the Use simple file sharing Recommended check box and then click OK Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of and then click Properties Click the Security tab and then click OK on the Security message if one appears Click Advanced and then click the Owner tab In the Name list click your user name Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator or click the Administrators group If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box Click OK You may receive the following error message where Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of You do not have permission to read the contents of directory Folder Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes Click Yes Click OK and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents --------------------------------------------- - - - - - - - --------------------------------------------- This is the exact problem I have and i ve followed the instructions until quot click to clear the Use simple file sharing Recommended check box quot because there appears to be no check box under this description I have over gig of ireplaceable files in this folder i would really appreciate some more assistance I m using Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition sp as i said before it would be a lifesaver if you could help me gain access to the folder Paul Travers nbsp

A:Access Denied to My Documents folder after reinstallation of windows xp please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-my-documents-folder-after-reinstallation-of-windows-xp-please-help.460845/
Relevancy 101.48%

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sou...q=windows+7+Dest&gs_rfai=&fp=658b7b1aadb4442c

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/819675-destination-folder-access-denied.html

I tried to search for the problem below

I have installed avast AV program on windows 7 64 bits when I tried to copy a file from My Document to the "Avast" folder a message pop up "Destination Folder Access Denied You need permission to perform this action"

I have already changed the ownership for "Avast" folder and sub containers and objects, but still no luck

I logged in as a user (let us say username called : forum) who is part of administrators group

Thanks

Relevancy 101.48%

anytime i try to access documents and settings, am told access is denied.i want to paste a file at startup but because of this i cant.Also am trying to let my pc welcome me after booting but i cant pls assist memessage edited by EddyEmrysAsante

A:Access Denied for Windows 8.1 Documents & Settings folder

That is the correct condition - you are not supposed to be able to access that area. If you have tried to force the issue undo whatever you have done before you hit trouble, using System Restore if necessary.This is the path you want to get you to the Startup folder:"C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"You need to say what this welcome idea is about - a screen message, audio or what? You can put a shortcut in Startup to whatever you wish.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/access-denied-for-windows-81-documents-settings-folder-/2011.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi, I just recently moved a folder out of a larger folder. The larger folder was part of the video library. Now when I got to the video library the folder I moved out of it is still there but now it won't let me open it or delete it. I believe it is empty because the new version is where it is supposed to be with no problems but I'd like to get the bad folder out of my video library. The error tells me that the folder is not available and Access denied. Any ideas?

A:Getting access denied error on folder

Quote: Originally Posted by RonnieDobbs82

Hi, I just recently moved a folder out of a larger folder. The larger folder was part of the video library. Now when I got to the video library the folder I moved out of it is still there but now it won't let me open it or delete it. I believe it is empty because the new version is where it is supposed to be with no problems but I'd like to get the bad folder out of my video library. The error tells me that the folder is not available and Access denied. Any ideas?

Ronnie

This is a permissions issue but are you sure that you want to move library folders? It can cause all sorts of problems. Is there a specific reason for the move?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107148-getting-access-denied-error-folder.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I think I have a problem with my hard drive. I get a black screen with a blinking cursor, and it beeps once, when the Windows logo is normally displayed while booting up. I put the HDD into another computer as a slave, and I can access the contents, so the file system is intact.

The only thing is, under Documents and Settings of my slave HDD, the folder with my username that has all my documents says its size is 0. And when I try to double click it I get an access denied error. Is it only saying the folder data size is 0 because I can't access it? Or did I somehow lose all my data under My Documents? How can I change the security settings so I have access to it?

A:Access denied error for My Documents folder

Hi Anom,

I would imagine that your data is intact and you cannot see the file-size due to the access issues, as you quite rightly pointed-out.

I was under the impression that you could right-click on the folder and select properties, then security tab, advanced, Owner, select your active account and tick the box that says 'Replace owner on subcontainers and objects'. Press OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-error-for-my-documents-folder-496857.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I am using Windows XP Pro. I have three user profiles on our family computer. They all have administrator rights. On my profile when I click on the "program files" folder in windows explorer I can view all the program folders and files. When I go into the other profiles and click on the "program files" folder I get an error message that says "c:\program files is not accessible. Access is denied." I know that in the past I have not had any trouble viewing this folder in any profile. It only happens on the program files folder not any other folders. Anyone know of a solution to this?

A:Access denied error opening a folder.

You probably need to take "ownership" of the file or folder or access the folder by logging in to the other accounts; You will always get access denied if you are not logged in with the account that created them.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-error-opening-a-folder.677860/
Relevancy 97.18%

I cannot access a group of folders under My Documents that belonged to an ex-employee. I have admin rights and was able to grant permissions for the folder hierchay..starting with a folder called Nancy..the I was able to gain acess to My Docs folder..but any folder under mydocs is not allowing me access or the right to change the permissions. i have admin rights...any siggestions?

A:Folder Permissions - Access Denied Error

You need to take ownership of the file. If you actually have admin right your will be able to do this. Once you have ownership you can change the permissions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272842-folder-permissions-access-denied-error.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 96.75%

As posted earlier I have encountered a serious problem accessing my hard drive and booting up Windows windows access on XP error is denied XP I am running windows XP on a Dell dimension workstation As mentioned in my previous posting I am getting the infamous blue screen of death with the error message x B I suspect that I am a victim of a virus As suggested I ran a repair from a Windows CD access is denied error on windows XP recovery disk and it seemed to run okay and indicated that everything was fine however when I rebooted I still received the same old blue screen As mentioned in my previous post Help Mode is of no help as the options all lead me back to the blue screen Therefore I tried something different I booted up from the Windows Recovery CD and when prompted hit the letter R on the first screen which placed me into a C windows prompt From there I was able to go to the root directory and I was able to list the access is denied error on windows XP folders that have my data in them However when I attempted to open these folders I received an error access is denied error on windows XP message of quot Access is denied quot and could go no further I checked the attributes on these directories and they are only showing an attribute of d directory I tried different things with the attrib command to see if I could get around the access problem but to no avail I ran a chkdsk p and it came back indicating that there were no problems I am running out of options and am quickly reaching the point where I am considering doing a complete reinstall of windows however I don t want to lose my data Can anyone suggest how I might be able to access my data files and skirt around that quot access is denied quot message Thank you nbsp

A:access is denied error on windows XP

Try replacing your atapi.sys file if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-is-denied-error-on-windows-xp.906878/
Relevancy 95.89%

Error after trying to install something quot The Windows Installer service Installer Error, Denied Windows Access could not be accessed This can occur if the windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot I can't even install ALL of my windows updates Error from windows updater I've had this problem for quite a few months now Windows Installer Error, Access Denied and just when I buy a game to play with my friends DayZ I try to install the software required to play the game and this thing just won't go away What I've tried for help Windows installer service error Can't install Scrolls quot Windows Installer can't be accessed quot FIXED - Support - Scrolls - Scrolls Fans Forums - Scrolls Fans How to Fix quot The Windows Installer service could not be accessed quot Error - Help Desk Geek quot The Windows Installer service could not be accessed quot error Windows Installer Error, Access Denied message when you try to install Office quot The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed quot error message when you install a program in Windows XP Error quot The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed quot when installing or updating programs on Windows or Windows Vista I would really appreciate it if someone could help me fix this problem and find a way to get rid of this oh and yes my Windows is legit I've even done the Net Start run command - imgur the simple image sharer - That is the error I get after trying to do it

A:Windows Installer Error, Access Denied

Start with this:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the tool here in your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/304128-windows-installer-error-access-denied.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Good denied IE, updating Unable to display when access update drivers, no access windows morning I have a system that has had numerous issues mainly virus related I have cleaned the system and show no virus activity but I m still having issues Late last week the system was stuck in a loop it wouldn t boot to Windows at all no safe mode no normal mode I resorted to a Windows repair from the install disk It worked to a certain degree I am now able to get Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update into Windows but can not open IE and I can not install a display driver I am unable to access Windows Update but was able to Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update set automatic updates to install lots of updates including SP but I am still unable to make any changes Initially when I attempted to open IE I would get a window saying that IE had to close instantly I attempted to reinstall IE and I attempted to install a newer version of IE Neither worked If I chose to install the updates with the install I would get an access denied error if I chose not to install the updates with the install it would look like it worked but now when I click on IE I get quot Error loading C WINDOWS System inetcpl cpl The operating system cannot run quot In device manager I have no drivers installed on my display adapter If I try to update it it looks like it s going to install but then I get quot Cannot install the hardware Access is Denied quot Any assistance or insight into this would be appreciated

A:Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update

On any system with a number of issues...it's often better to do a clean install to wipe the slate clean, rather than hope that you have patched all known and unknown issues, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402072/unable-to-access-ie-access-denied-when-updating-display-drivers-no-windows-update/
Relevancy 95.03%

I accidentally removed the file from an particular app and now when i try to restore it, it says "Destination Folder Access Denied" can anyone help??? I tried tweaking with permissions and user control but it still doesn't allow me to restore the file. The destination of a file is in Program Files\WindowsApps\

A:File restore error, Destination Folder Access Denied,

But what was the name of the program or file? Could be one of us could help but that information is needed. In other words, don't keep it secret.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59756-file-restore-error-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I recently installed a new printer Canon PIXMA MX and I cannot share denied 5 Access Error for firewall: Windows start Cant BFE is the printer with other laptops because the Windows Firewall cannot be started I went looking for help online and as a Cant start BFE for Windows firewall: Error 5 Access is denied result I went into the dependency services and I encounter this roadblock I don't know where the problem started but several months ago I switched my antiviral from Avast free version to AVG subscription I then thought I would install a free firewall so I tried both Comodo and Zone Alarm but each one of those seemed to reek havoc on my system and I ended up doing a system restore to get things back to normal I have also used Revo uninstaller free version to remove the residuals of these programs I tried reinstalling the Windows Firewall but that did nothing I have a Netgear N Router in front of the system I would appreciate any help I don't want to do a complete reformatting of the hard drive Is there any way to fix this that isn't terribly complicated I've looked at solutions that require going in and editing the registry but I am VERY hesitant to do this since I am a novice Thank you all

A:Cant start BFE for Windows firewall: Error 5 Access is denied

Welcome to SevenForums, Thor1207!

please use the following diagnostic tool. It has a powerful detection mechanism, and may help us get to the cause of your issues:

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
Download: Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the version that applies to your system: 64-bit
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
At the program's console, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool makes a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).
>> Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply.

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
>> Also post the Addition.txt in your reply.

Also, use the Farbar Service Scanner
Save to the Desktop

Double-click the downloaded file to run it.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan
When done, FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.
Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/316145-cant-start-bfe-windows-firewall-error-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Has anyone found what the problem is with opening the Movie Maker? No matter what I try to open that has to do with Movie Maker, I receive Access Denied Error. Thanks [email protected]

A:Windows Movie Maker Access Denied Error

You're gonna love this. Try creating a 2nd account and see if it works...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250658-windows-movie-maker-access-denied-error.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I upgraded to a new processor some new ram and windows error 0x8007000 not Denied genuine HELP! Access added a new tb drive windows not genuine Access Denied 0x8007000 error HELP! that I installed the tb unlock from gigabyte to use At some point since then windows was deactivated I have days left now Every time I tried to activate or run something like windows not genuine Access Denied 0x8007000 error HELP! slmgr vbs I get access denied and error code x I've tried every method I can find out there for fixing my problem so I am hoping you all can help I have posted the MGAD tool results below Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -KFYJF- GCKF-MP Y Windows Product Key Hash Bar KikCsNkQJefIvsjnVho Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID D B E-AA C- A-A C-E B AEDE Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users HTPC AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D B E-AA C- A-A C-E B AEDE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -MP Y lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt H MA-UD H-B lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Award Software International Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DE C FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt C Windows system slmgr vbs Microsoft VBScript runtime error Permission denied Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NgAAAAEABAABAAEAAQACAAAAAgABAAEAln qvk YjRK T CcjhuWoR oiQ VzDhs cVpZj OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC GBT GBTUACPI FACP GBT GBTUACPI HPET GBT GBTUACP... Read more

A:windows not genuine Access Denied 0x8007000 error HELP!

Welcome to the forum,

I'm guessing you tried this too?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2008385

Quote: Originally Posted by chuccck

Every time I tried to activate or run something like slmgr.vbs I get access denied and error code 0x80070005

From the link above,

Quote:
If you try to use slmgr.vbs /dlv to view the licensing status, you receive the following message:

Error: 0x80070005 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges

It's possible that it sees the new processor as a new system and since this is an OEM (System Builder) it isn't eligible to be moved to a new system. Or just the multiple hardware changes triggered an error.

You can try phone activation, and if it doesn't work the first time try again but talk to a person and explain that you had to replace your processor and other parts but it's the same motherboard.

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395177-windows-not-genuine-access-denied-0x8007000-error-help.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Original Title: Recycle Bin Error.
I am using Win XP Pro, my recycle bin displays full icon,, but when i try to empty my recycle bin i am getting the following error
Cannot remove folder Dc214: Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

and no matter how mant times I try, same error even in safe mode. Google the problem nothing comes up

A:Error - Cannot remove folder Dc214: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540690/error-cannot-remove-folder-dc214-access-is-denied-make-sure-the-disk-is-not/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi, my stepmothers laptop is currently running windows 7 with mcafee antivirus. Its not allowing the connection to the internet. Ive tried running the diagnostics and it brings up the firewall is preventing the internet. I went through and checked the ports and properties. Still no connection.

I did the services.msc and tried to actually stop and restart the windows firewall and it brings up Windows could not stop the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. Error 5: access denied.

She is the admin on this laptop and it seems to still have limited access to certain properties such as turning on and off the firewall. i tried shutting off mcafee's firewall and then getting into the windows firewall and still no luck.

I'm also wondering if the Software from the HP support assistant is causing some sort of confliction.

A:Windows Firewall/Mcafee Firewall_ Error 5: Access is Denied

There have been reported connectivity problems from McAfee users and the best solution is to fully uninstall it How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR) and this is the link for the MCPR and it's advocated that the tool is run twice after the uninstall via Progs and Features http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

You are also better off to leave it off and use something like MSE Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware as McAfee isn't the best of AVs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-firewall-mcafee-firewall_-error-5-access-is-denied-672404.html
Relevancy 93.74%

i got an alert saying i should enable '' security center '' so i go too msconfig and it says it is stopped, i then go too '' services '' and try to start it and it says '' error 5 access denied cannot start on local computer '' i use Windows 7 how do i resolve this?? i have tried everything, by the way this only happened after i downloaded and eventually uninstalled Microsoft security essentials, and i heard of someone else having almost exactly the same issues.

A:windows 7 error 5 access denied cannot open security center

What firewall do you have?

You said you uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials .... Why? Did it work? Did it disable Windows Defender (as it should have)?
Do you have another Anti-virus program running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279320/windows-7-error-5-access-denied-cannot-open-security-center/
Relevancy 93.74%

Wanted to report to the world that I was getting this failure during automatic updates for Windows XP Home edition.

After a day of trying to follow the Microsoft suggestions, I finally tried to execute the individual updates manually. When doing so, I had an error copying the file c:\.....\branches.inf.

I found a post on this site by MOXYLL (http://www.techsupportforum.com/show...t=branches.inf) in which she suggested changing the following file to read/write from read only:
c:\windows\inf\branches.inf.

Guess what?!?! It worked!! All my Windows Update failures went away.

Now if I could somehow reclaim my day! ... ARGH!

Hope this helps some frantic frustrated person out there!

Best,
Dan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-fail-error-80070005-access-denied-31260.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi everyone from Vista XP access 7 Can shares Windows from (access but denied) not I'm mostly a Linux Can access Vista shares from XP but not from Windows 7 (access denied) guy these days so I'm no longer clued up about even simple Windows issues Bear with me I have one PC running Vista home basic one running XP professional and one running Windows home basic There is a printer connected to the Vista box which is shared On the XP box I can both see and use the printer on the Vista box i e a quot net view vistabox quot shows the printer and under quot printers and faxes quot I can install and use it On the Windows box however I can see the Vista box i e a quot net view quot shows it in the list of available PCs on the network but a quot net view vistabox quot gives me an quot access denied quot error The Windows machine has a password on it the Vista and XP machines don't All machines are on the same workgroup name which is quot WORKGROUP quot On the XP box I don't need a password to access the shared printer on the Vista machine it just works Extensive Googling has failed to render enlightenment nor has browsing this forum I'm sure it has something to do with security and passwords somewhere somehow but I have no idea in which direction to look for it let alone fix it I have also read some things about workgroups and homegroups not being the same in Windows but I'm not sure if this is correct and if so relevant All suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated FvW

A:Can access Vista shares from XP but not from Windows 7 (access denied)

Welcome to the forums frankvw!

Try this: File Sharing - Between XP and W7 (and vice versa)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187708-can-access-vista-shares-xp-but-not-windows-7-access-denied.html
Relevancy 92.88%

So I am having a rather unusual issue here I have been fixing up a computer which was loaded with code 0x80070005 activation providing denied) (Access error is Windows malware viruses I have run the below software programs to help clean Windows activation providing error code 0x80070005 (Access is denied) up the system - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Super Anti-Spyware - HiJack This After cleaning it up I am running into one additional issue which is flagging my system as not being genuine The system was purchased with a valid license key for Windows Home Premium -bit My thought here is that there is still some rootkit or rogue malware running which is preventing me access to this file It is preventing access to other system files such as the hosts file the ability to start stop services through the services msc console etc Couple of things I have tried to resolve this - Microsoft support KB article https support microsoft com en-us kb - Disabled Plug N Play service within registry through CMD command - Enabled Administrator account to attempt activation After attempting these steps and performing a reboot I am still unable to get around this unusual activation error Please help

A:Windows activation providing error code 0x80070005 (Access is denied)

Also provided is my MGADiag results from the infected system:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 50
Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-73CQT-WMF7J-3Q6C9
Windows Product Key Hash: KaFG+RmurcM3ZxzWyfEP9WtPUJw=
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00010
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003
ID: {51482646-6E61-4A0A-B81F-423BF58A8C0F}(3)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{51482646-6E61-4A0A-B81F-423BF58A8C0F}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-3Q6C9</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00010</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-531353185-1000728662-116016096</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>HP-Pavilion</Manufacturer><Model>AY633AA-ABA p6313w</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>5.14 </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20100119000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>1B583E07018400F4</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-CPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F012' to display the error text.
Error: 0xC004F012

Windows Activation Technologies-->
HrOffline: 0x00000000
HrOnline: 0x00000000
HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
Event Time Stamp: 10:10:2015 17:24
ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386056-windows-activation-providing-error-code-0x80070005-access-denied.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I am having the same problems, but am getting another error: Error 5: Access Denied. Do you know how to fix this issue? Please help if so Also my computer keeps popping up ' windows detected a hard disk problem'... so I don't know what is going on...if these issues are tied together or not?  ​Thanks in advance!

A:Error 5: Access Denied & Windows Detected Hard Disk Problem

I am having the same problems, but am getting another error: Error 5: Access Denied. Do you know how to fix this issue? Please help if so Also my computer keeps popping up ' windows detected a hard disk problem'... so I don't know what is going on...if these issues are tied together or not?

​Thanks in advance!
Does the error message same as the below image.

If above message has been displayed then, you should know the fact that your hard drive failure is imminent and may die sooner or later. This means you could lose all of your data i suggest you backup your personal files to external drive. If the computer is in warranty, you can contact your computer manufacturer for assistance in replacing your hard disk with a new one when the Windows has detected a hard disk problem. You can check health SMART report of the hard disk drive and repair surface errors that are not mechanic errors with your hard disk drive manufacturer diagnostic tool. Follow the instructions at below url address link.

Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618220/error-5-access-denied-windows-detected-hard-disk-problem/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

I have tried starting BFE and Windows Firewall, but cant get anything to work.

I came across this thread:Base Filtering Engine could not be started. System Error 5 has occured

Everything is the same up until the commands : REG QUERY HKU
REG QUERY HKU\S-1-5-20

I get :
C:\windows\system32>REG QUERY HKU

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2352804387-1745691877-3320543892-1000
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2352804387-1745691877-3320543892-1000_Classes
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18

A:BFE(Base filtering Engine) Error 5 Access Denied + Windows Firewall

Hi jc and welcome to the Forum
I found this after Googling your problem, you might find it useful, though I would emphasize the importance of backing up your registry before editing it!
Windows 7 Base Filtering Engine is not running - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333792-bfe-base-filtering-engine-error-5-access-denied-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Sony Windows Refresh Caused Access Denied Error on C I am 8 C:\ Refresh Sony Access Caused Denied Error on Solved: Windows creating this post as I found no working solution using Google First some background I was working with a customer machine infected with the FBI Money Pack virus The computer was a Sony AIO with Windows UEFI and GPT I was unable to run any programs in normal mode I Solved: Sony Windows 8 Refresh Caused Access Denied Error on C:\ was also unable to open safe mode In addition due to the GPT file system I was unable to pull the hard drive and scan it in another system Furthermore the computer would not boot from Hirens and a Windows install disk caused it to lockup I was able to run System Restore but it failed before completing Thus I tried the option labeled amp System Refresh amp System Refresh completed fairly quickly without error and upon competition the virus pop-up was gone Also the user amp s desktop icons were intact I found however that I could not access their personal folders When I clicked on C I was given a simple amp Access Denied amp message To make matters worse I could run a cmd prompt but not an administrator cmd prompt Task Manager would not load as well I did first try taking ownership of C and resetting permissions but this made matters worse and I had to perform a second Refresh to undo that mess The computer had only user account and I could not verify the issue was related to the profile or not Also I could not create a new account as the Metro PC Settings menu was blocked as well I found the solution in booting to Safe Mode shift restart and first activating the hidden administrator account Using the user account in Safe Mode I could open an administrator cmd prompt I then used amp net user administrator active yes amp to enable the hidden admin account Next logged out of the user account and logged in as admin while still in safe mode Using the admin account I was then able to access Metro amp s PC Settings and create a new user account I then rebooted the computer and logged in as the new user The new user account worked properly and did not suffer from the amp access denied amp errors I then copied the user amp s files from the profile on the C drive to new account and deleted the broken account In my experience the issue was simply a amp corrupted profile amp but due to Windows the fix was much more difficult to perform To recap Boot to Safe Mode using Shift Restart Enable hidden Admin account using amp net user administrator active yes amp Create new user Copy files from broken account to new I hope this helps others and is yet another proven reason why I hate Windows nbsp

A:Solved: Sony Windows 8 Refresh Caused Access Denied Error on C:\

The Access Denied may have just been a fluke in the initial installation. I just cleaned up one of these FBI viruses the other day, and was able to do a system restore with no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-windows-8-refresh-caused-access-denied-error-on-c.1098617/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hey guys,
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
I can not start Windows Firewall, Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, or Diagnostic System Host. When I try and start them manually in services.msc, it gives me Error Code 5: Access denied. Both BFE and Windows Firewall Authorization driver are running. I am logged in as an administrator, and I have already allowed full control of these services for the Administrator accounts and the user "SYSTEM" in Regedit. If you need more information, please let me know. This is my first post, so I don't know if there is any other information that you need. Thanks!

A:Windows Firewall service will not start, Error Code 5: Access Denied

Use Diagnose and fix Windows firewall service problem automatically -

Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

OR

Go to BFE in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE

and then click on Add and typed in the space "Everyone" and save the changes. Then go to services.msc and start up the BFE service .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/256437-windows-firewall-service-will-not-start-error-code-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I am using Windows 7 Home Basic 32 bit.Realtime Protection: Panda Cloud AV, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, Winpatrol Plus, Sandboxie and No Autorun.The problem started after I uninstalled 3 other resident products.1. MSE 2 beta2. MBAM Pro3. Trend Micro Web Protection Add-on.I got the error in Action Center.I went to services and tried to manually start the service. There I got the error message.I found an old post, describing the same problem.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic279320.html

A:Security Center service cannot start on Windows 7: Error 5 Access Denied

Most third party security AV/AS software will disable Windows security software in favor of their own. This is normal. Using more than one anti-virus security program at one time is not recommended. They can interfere with each other giving you gaps in coverage, cause conflicts that lead to system crashes, and tend to slow your system down by using excessive resources. Pick one that you like and stick with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366476/security-center-service-cannot-start-on-windows-7-error-5-access-denied/
Relevancy 92.88%

I had trouble updating the MSE definitions a couple of days ago and I tried everything to get it to update something about no connection I gave up and uninstalled MSE completely using Revo From Microsoft's web site I downloaded and installed the newest version of MSE and the definitions updated start 5 Error access Cannot Center denied Windows Security Services. just fine Finally the action center red flag is gone However a couple of days later an alert comes back This time it's notifying me that Windows Security Center Service is turned off With the Action Center open I clicked quot turn on now quot but nothing happens Security Center remains off I go to Run-services msc and scroll down to Security Center and double click on it Service status says quot stopped quot I click start and get the message quot Windows could not start Cannot start Windows Security Center Services. Error 5 access denied the Security Center Service on local computer Error Access is denied This is all done from an administrator account Why wasn't I able to update MSE definitions and why after a reinstall of a perfectly working MSE am I now unable to turn on Security Center Services

A:Cannot start Windows Security Center Services. Error 5 access denied

You may have an infection. Download and run this online scanner. ESET Online Virus Scanner | ESET

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/252989-cannot-start-windows-security-center-services-error-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Before updating to windows 7 from XP, remote access was working. Now enableing remote terminal access, we get access denied. The pc trying to gain access are a Vista and 7. The pc being accessed is using a sticky IP. We have been accessing for sometime until upgrade.
This is between 2 cities. NLR has sticky IP and is to be accessed, Searcy had dynamic, class C.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jack Privitt

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, I din't found the solution for this one:
C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools>imagex /apply /check /verify  E:\SOUR
CES\install.wim 1 j:\

ImageX Tool for Windows
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

[  10% ] Applying (with verification) progress: 8:35 mins remaining
[ ERROR ] j:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-explorer_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.
7600.16385_none_518afd35db100430\explorer.exe (Error = 5)

[ ERROR ] j:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbc
ache_sr.db (Error = 5)

Error restoring image.

Access is denied.

After some time, looking in the event viewer I found that my antivirus was blocking the deployment:
Blocked by access protection rule.  Access to object J:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-explorer_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_518afd35db100430\explorer.exe was blocked by rule Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent Windows Process spoofing.

So I opened mcaffee and disable Access Protection and there you go...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac4018e2-b761-482a-abaa-c3d17f530612/imagex-error-restoring-image-access-denied-applying-wim-on-windows-7-solved?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,
i have two computers, my main desktop and a laptop. For my work i sync my files between the two over my home network using Free File Sync (ffs).

For some reason ffs will sync across from my laptop to my desktop but not from my desktop to laptop. All the sync settings are set to copy both ways, ffs is running as admin and i am the only user of both computers so they are both running as admin.
I have set up homegroup between the two and i can easily copy any file type between both computers both ways. Permissions as far as i can tell are set to allow home groups, admins and all users.
But ffs still will only sync one way from my desktop to my laptop... any ideas? (i am given the: windows error code 5: access denied message whenever i click 'sync')

many thanks

A:[SOLVED] Free File Sync/Windows Error Code 5, access denied

Are both computers running the same OS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-free-file-sync-windows-error-code-5-access-denied-679585.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello, recently uninstall Windows 7 to re-install xp for some reason, well my old user account password windows 7 not even had much less some sort of encryption, I mean the main library folder "documents" now that I try to access this folder from xp I get an access denied error not to do and are very important these documents help. I see no action to unlock and I already went crazy.

A:Ex windows 7 documments folder get "Access denied"

Take ownership

Right click properties>securities> advanced>owner.

You are not currently recognized due to the change.

Hopefully it is done the same way in XP, this is the Seven procedure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/57652-ex-windows-7-documments-folder-get-access-denied.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I'd like to put a .cmd file in my c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup directory, but \Documents and Settings has a lock on it and tells me "Access denied" when I click on it. Is this a job for "Take Ownership" or is there another way? The instructions for "Take Ownership" say not to use it on the C drive, but it's not clear if that applies to the whole drive, or individual files/folders on it. Thanks.

A:"Access denied:" How to overcome denied access to a folder

That is the incorrect path. No need to mess with permissions, I'd advise leaving them alone.

The path you are looking for is C:\Users\<your user account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/166832-access-denied-how-overcome-denied-access-folder.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f
ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG and Malwarebytes and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

A:Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied

blue gravity,

Please confirm that the command that is attempting to execute is the following:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
This command is trying to enable task manager but the command prompt that is trying to enable task manager does not have the permissions to do that.

Please try the following:

Click Start
Type cmd
Right click cmd.exe
Select Run as administrator
type "REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"
Press enter
Close cmd.exe
Log out
Try to open task manager

If this does not work, or you believe your computer might be infected, please follow the instructions found at Am I Infected, as I am not authorized to assist with the removal of malware.

Thank you,

packetanalyzer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596534/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f
ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG, Malwarebytes, TDSS Killer, RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

Please initiate a new topic, following Steps 6- 8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and also paste in the results from your ComboFix log.  Initiate this new topic in the forum which contains the Prep Guide instructions I have linked to, do not post it here.

After that is done...this topic in AII will be closed.

Thanks .

Louis

MRL topic posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/ , this topic is now closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596543/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows as administrator Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it Same thing happens when taskmgr exe is clicked I was able to capture the command window error as the following C Users Brian Documents gt REG and HKCU Software to Task access Access - Manager denied Unable is Error: Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System v DisableTaskMgr t REG DWORD d f ERROR Access is denied Any help with this would be appreciated I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied in the registry and have ran AVG Malwarebytes TDSS Killer RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything Here is the FRST logs NetSvcs Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately One Month Created files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved - - - - - - C Users Brian Downloads FRST txt - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - Farbar C Users Brian Downloads FRST exe - - - - - - C Users Brian Downloads hijackthis log - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Users Brian Downloads HijackThis exe - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Roaming Process Hacker - - - - - - C Users Brian Desktop Process Hacker lnk - - - - - - D C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Process Hacker - - - - - - D C Program Files Process Hacker - - - - - - wj C Users Brian Downloads processhacker- -setup exe - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Microsoft Office Excel Viewer lnk - - - - - - D C Program Files Microsoft Office - - - - - - D C Program Files MSECache - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Users Brian Downloads ExcelViewer exe - - - - - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Users Brian Downloads tdsskiller exe - - - - - - Bleeping Computer LLC C Users Brian Downloads rkill com - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local census cache - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local ars cache - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local sponge last runtime cache - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Windows system Drivers tmcomm sys - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Users Brian Downloads HousecallLauncher exe - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local housecall guid cache - - - - - - C Users Brian Documents TaskManager bat - - - - - - C Windows PFRO log - - - - - - C ComboFix txt - - - - - - D C Qoobox - - - - - - C Windows PEV exe - - - - - - C Windows MBR exe - - - - - - NirSoft C Windows NIRCMD exe - - - - - - SteelWerX C Windows SWREG exe - - - - - - SteelWerX C Windows SWSC exe - - - - - - C Windows sed exe - - - - - - C Windows grep exe - - - - - - C Windows zip exe - - - - - - D C Windows erdnt - - - - - - R Swearware C Users Brian Downloads ComboFix exe - - - - - - C Windows setupact log - - - - - - C Windows setuperr log - - - - - - D C Program Files Mozilla Firefox - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Roaming AVG - - - - - - C Users Public Desktop AVG Protection lnk - - - - - - D C ProgramData Avg - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Local AvgSetupLog - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgldx sys - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgmfx sys - - - - - - D C Program Files Common Files Java - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgidsdriverx sys One Month Modified files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved - - - - - - C Windows Tasks Adobe Flash Player Updater job - - - - - - C Windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA job - - - - - - H C Windows system B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A - - - - - - H C Windows system B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A - - - - - - C Windows WindowsUpdate log - - - - - - C Windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore job - - - - - - D C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared - - - - - - D C ProgramData MFAData - - - - - - D C ProgramData NVIDIA - - - - -... Read more

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Here is the FRST logs:Your your is not complete. Please post the complete FRST log for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am sharing a folder on a windows 7 computer. On a windows vista computer, I can see the w7 computer listed in network, and I can see the shared folder. But when I double click on the folder, it says "Network Error, Windows cannot access \\W7COMPUTER\testshare
Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there might be a problem with your network"
I think the problem is on the windows 7 computer, but I don't know how to fix it

A:network error, windows cannot access shared folder

Worth A Look, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532314/network-error-windows-cannot-access-shared-folder/
Relevancy 87.29%

I want to make myself the object owner for my pc and I cannot, I did a security setting when the pc was new but I have just forgot how I did it and currently cannot install programs. please guide.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SECURITY-ACCESS-ERROR-ACCESS-DENIED/td-p/5773255
Relevancy 87.29%

hello

i m using windows vista from my laptop HP DV5 .yesterday i was deleted Security Tab from my D drive.n i delete all the groups & users .now i got the the error access denied .i cannot access my drive :(.any how .please give me some suitable solution i ll thankful to you guys. and here is the screen shot of same thing

Relevancy 86.86%

I have a Dell Dimension Intel Pentium running Windows XP nbsp sp been access lsass.exe Denied granted but has those to requested process Access a rights an object, has not access and have been getting tons of junk mail I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights ran Avast malware bytes amp spybot Nothing found So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer I m not as savvy as I d like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights I shouldn t have First I tried system restore to go back to a later date but it wouldn t let me no mater which date I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights tried Then I followed a suggestion regarding the registries HUGE mistake Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up Then a box pops up saying lsass exe access denied a proccess has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights When I click ok It restarts The Dell logo pops up then the Windows XP logo and then the access denied again Ive tried to start in last known good configuration Safe mode System restore But i keep ending back in the loop So I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I ve been reading through threads for information I don t have any of the original software for this cop I purchased it used a few years ago But I purchased a Knoppix and system rescue from same CO amp CDs off eBay Windows XP bit amp bit as I wasn t sure which was the one I might need But the were being sold as disks for this type of problem But when I put the bit in I changed the boot order first that that it could even be able to load but it said to use the bit disk So I tried the but nothing happened at all I m stumped Can anyone help me

A:lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights

Windows XP has reached end of life 2 years ago... It is an insecure Operating System and should no longer be used especially online.
The Dimension 2400 is weak hardware (Pentium 4 Processor, IDE hard drive, DDR RAM) from 2003! so 13 years old! Its not worthwhile running a modern Operating System on it and below minimum system requirements.
If on a budget you are best to buy a second hand OptiPlex 780 with a Windows 7 OEM license (which can be used for a free Windows 10 upgrade).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19680716
Relevancy 86%

I have a new Dell computer with windows xp operating system. My old computer was a gateway with windows xp also. The mother board on the gateway crashed and I could not find a replacement thus I purchased the new dell. I extracted the hard drive from the gateway and installed in an external drive case. All works well and I am able to retreve data from the gate way hard drive with one exception. While the hard drive was installed in the gateway I elected to make some of the folders private, ie right click on folder, click on sharing and security and clicking on private. This worked fine in the gateway but when I installed in external hard drive I am getting an "access denied" error message when trying to open with the Dell. How can this be fixed? Thanks

A:Solved: Error message "access denied" when attempting to open private folder

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

follow the instructions there

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-message-access-denied-when-attempting-to-open-private-folder.676263/
Relevancy 85.57%

I get error "can't create directory C:\Program Files\GNS3\PROJECTS\test123" : access denied. this is when i click on "new blank project" so GNS3 tries to create new folder "test123" in the path mentioned in 1st line here. how to get it resolved so that GNS3 can create directory when I click on new project and than save it?

could you advise?

A:windows 7, GNS3 0.8.2; Error "can't create directory; access denied"

Hi Iray007, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The Windows system folders Program Files, Program Files (x86), Windows and ProgramData are protected and by default the user cannot create / save anything inside them without taking the ownership of these folders or using the built-in administrator rights.

It is not recommend to use these protected system folders for saving program output or personal files. You should create and save your projects on some other location, for instance create a folder in your personal user folder for this purpose (C:\Users\Your_Username\MyProjects).

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/286387-windows-7-gns3-0-8-2-error-cant-create-directory-access-denied.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm having trouble getting my Documents & Settings folder to copy into my external drive for backup purposes. The external drive already has this folder in place and the proper files and folders within D/S as I have been routinely backing it up for the last few years. However, now when I try to Copy Folder To the external drive, I get the error message that access to the J drive (external drive) is denied. As you can see from the pic below, the D/S folder on my hard drive is apparently locked. I don't recall locking it and how do I unlock it so that I can copy to to the external drive?

A:How to access denied folder?

There is no Documents & Settings folder in Windows 7. Any folder that out rights denies you access is not a real folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265578-how-access-denied-folder.html
Relevancy 85.14%

So my Gateway somehow did this on its own: http://support.gateway.com/s/SOFTWARE/Medialess/MLXPMC0/MLXPMC0su14.shtml

I have a folder for my user under Documents and Settings in the "C:\My backup" that gives me "Access Denied".

What can I do to access it?

Win XP Home.

A:Access is denied on folder

You can try taking ownership of the folder. The instructions are here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-is-denied-on-folder.814476/
Relevancy 85.14%

i recently had to reinstall windows XP because it wouldn t boot up no matter what i tried i made the mistake of overwriting the old windows so now my docs is kinda messed up my problem is that on my old desktop folder denied to access i had a folder called quot Temp quot which i used to access denied to folder stop my desktop getting cluttered up so theres quite a lot of good stuff in there but when ever i try to open it it says the directory is not accessible access denied i tried using command prompt to access it or rename it or simply move it and it tells me access denied there is no encryption or password on it and i know it exists as does its contents because i used some software to take a look at it software simply makes a pie chart of how the space on your drive is used i just set it to that particular folder does any know of how i can get into this non accessible folder nbsp

A:access denied to folder

Are you using NTFS?
Try this: Go to Folder Options>view and remove the check from simple file sharing

Right-click the folder and choose "sharing and secruity"

Click "security" and then "advanced"

Click Owner tab and make yourself the owner. Check "replace owner etc." box

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-folder.115243/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi im a WinXP Pro user, how do i make a folder private or access denied from other users? Here's the thing, i only want the folder accessible if and only if i log in under my specified username. So that means that logging in using other usernames will deny access to the folder. Is it really possible without installing any third party softwares? Please tell me the steps.

A:Access Denied Folder!

do you have administration rights on your user name?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-folder-85074.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a folder in my 'C:\Documents & Settings\Geoffrey\' folder, (which is my home directory and I am the Administrator), which I can't access and neither can the software who's configuration files this folder contains.

The folder is named 'ZDE' and belongs to Zend Studio 5.2.0 which is a PHP IDE that I use for web development. The ZDE folder is where Zend Studio store it's config files

When I try to access it from either Explorer or the Comand Prompt I get an 'Access Denied' message.
This folder is not supposed to be locked according to the manufacturer of the software that uses it.

I tried creating another Administrator account logged in under that and got the same Access Denied message just trying to look at 'C:\Documents & Settings\Geoffrey\' let alone getting to the offending folder.

Any suggestions on how I can unlock this directory?

A:Folder - Access Denied

It's possible that you may need to "take ownership" to access it.

This explains how:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-access-denied.509920/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello For some reason my machine booted up this morning on its own for some unknown reason while I was in bed I thought nothing more of it started up a game but there was Access Denied Folder no sound then rushed out and left it running This afternoon when I returned and closed the game the first thing I noticed was that the task bar was half hidden below the bottom of the screen I usually have it at twice the standard size to give a full row of quick start icons I managed to get it back to the correct size by removing the quicklaunch toolbar - which hid the taskbar completly - and then re-enabled the Folder Access Denied quicklaunch buttons which enabled me to expand the taskbar Further to this windows pauses while it starts up for seconds which it never has done all network connections have dissappeared and Folder Access Denied none of the programs that usually start with windows start - including norton Norton crashes on running from the start menu and Internet Explorer opens for a fraction of a secon and then it closes I cannot copy and paste files to my external HDD so that they can be backed up and a fresh installation of windows made Has anyone any experience of this problem or does anyone know what is going on Thanks As an edit I have thought of a few more things Folders eg My documents do not show as normal in the taskbar The CPU usage is around the mark continually The machine will not perform tasks such as defragmentation

A:Folder Access Denied

If you can boot to normal Windows try Windows System Restore to reset your system state to a previously working condition.

Click start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

Choose a date from before the problem began and follow the directions on screen.

This will not affect your data but will reverse any updates if any you may have done so you might need to do the updates again.

Let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72154/folder-access-denied/
Relevancy 85.14%

I wanted to upgrade my win xp with new version of win xp. So I started upgrading. However it stoped in the middle of the process.
Then...
I installed new copy of windows over previous in order to keep my document & settings.
Nice...
So there was my previous account I used before cool
But.....
When I wanted to access it it said "Access Denied".
I wanted to open it with Administrator privilages and it is still saying access denied.
PLS help I am desperate ((((

Relevancy 85.14%

I allowed my old room mate to use my computer for web browsing and the like and she's moved out. I found out she installed iTunes on my computer even after removing it using Revo uninstaller, byeiTunes, and using CCleaner to wipe the registry files I still can not delete the iTunes folder in my "my music" folder. I am on the admin account and it says that I do not have permission to access the files. I can not even move other files in or out of the music folder. Please someone help me so I can get what I'm calling the "iTunes Virus" off of my computer.

A:Access to Folder Denied

Several things to do.
1) Sometimes you have to boot to safe mode to delete certain files & directories.
2) Take full ownership of the folder, and give yourself permission to delete it.
3) Delete the contents first.
4) Use this: UNLOCKER 1.9.1 BY CEDRICK 'NITCH' COLLOMB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/access-to-folder-denied-672257.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Everyone I am using Windows XP Media center edition I think its similar to windows xp pro with added media features Anyways I have user account which is my account and its an administrator account What I wanted is if anyone else log in my pc then he she should not get persmission to view certain folders that I wanted So I Access Win Xp Denied Folder created another account with the name quot User quot and set it to limited account Then I logged into my admin account and disabled simple file sharing Then I right clicked on a folder and did properties And in security I selected the user account named quot User quot and selected deny for most options like modify read amp execute read etc Now when I logged in thru account quot User quot then I am unable to access that folder Thats okay and its what I intended But the problem is when I Win Xp Folder Access Denied login thru my own account which is admin a c I also get the same error If I double click on that folder it says access denied I am unable to set its security properties Now how do I fix this problem and achieve what I originally planned to do I am myself now unable to access that folder thru my own admin a c If I enable simple file sharing and goto folder properties I do not see security tab If anyone can help me I would Win Xp Folder Access Denied be glad Thanks Jack nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi!

As a security precaution, I created a limited account for using the internet, and blocked the sharing of a folder full of important personal files in the administrator account. Since then, I have re-installed Windows without thinking to remove the sharing block first, and find now that I can't get access to the folder - not even with the new administrator account. Can someone please explain how I can gain access to this folder again? All I get at the moment is "Access is Denied". The folder is on a separate partition from Windows.

Relevancy 85.14%

I recently reinstalled winxp home. It retained all my files and everthing seems fine but I cant get into a folder with all my pics in it. Any help will be appreciated

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello everyone...first time back for a long time...so hello again.
I have a problem that is far beyond me and Im scared of going too far into this and messing things up.
I am trying to delete folders using Mutilate file wiper but I am getting the following message when I try to access documents and setting folder and many other folders are the same....the message reads :
permission to use object denied. check the file or folders security settings to see if you have access
I have tried google for answers and have tried setting the folder security settings to allow access but nothing changes. I have an administrator account and have tried various things with no results.
I just want access to every folder like I have on my PC running XP.
Anyway I am completely lost and desperately need some help.
Any advice will be very much appreciated
Thank you
Daniel

A:folder access denied ? please help

The "documents and setting" folders on a Windows 7 machine, are system folders and are NOT to be messed with by the user.

Even a Admin can NOT remove them, they are there for the "System" to use when a program written to use "documents and setting " and will be redirected to the Users folders.

You may want to have access to every folder but you will NOT, unless you turn off the built in protection. Then you are on your own and will really mess things up by doing what you are trying to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-access-denied-please-help.1045947/
Relevancy 85.14%

I was playing with user accounts on my new pc. I have 2 administrator accounts and a guest account. I wanted to set up a folder with my personal pictures so that only I have an access to it. I unchecked the "use simple sharing" option in folder options and then clicked on the folder in question, and in properties selected the other administrator account name and denied the access to the folder. I switched the accounts to that other administrator and shure enough, he could not access the folder. I logged back in as myself, allowed the other administrator access again BUT... it turns out I don't have the access to the folder either! In the security folder I have all the permissions turned on for all the administrators, and for my name on the network (I set up a home network) but access is denied. What's wrong? How do I fix it?

Relevancy 85.14%

Trying to delete a folder I get "Folder Access Denied" -- need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder. I am the only account on this PC an am Administrator. I click continue and get the same message with "Try Again".

Suggestions welcome. Thanks

Hello Dickey, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What the name of the folder and it's full path that you are trying to delete?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13644-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Please help me I realy need to help..
I have a folder that is very important for me .. I think that something is wrong with it when I wanna open my folder, it dose not open and there is a message that says:
file is not accessible access is denied..
what should I do?
I know that it is my father fault cause he does not wanna that I open that folder...
I didi every thing that I thought might help but I could not fix my file...

A:Folder access is denied

Google for "Take Ownership" and follow the instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-access-is-denied.195065/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have both XP and Windows 7 running as dual boot. My documents is on a separate partition (D:\) and I have placed a shortcut to this folder in the 'Libraries' of
Windows 7. I can access the 'My Docs'. folder ok but I cannot open the sub folder 'My Pictures', due to an "access is denied" message. I have checked the 'permissions' on the security tab and I have two entries both with full control, (one as administrator and one with my computer name) but nothing I do will persuade the system to give me access to this very important folder. I have to re-boot into XP and copy any files to a memory stick so that I can then access them in Windows 7. This is the only sub folder that will not open. Can anyone help?.

Have you tried to take ownership of the folder?

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78713-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi.

There are a few folders on Vista that can't be accessed.

One for example is the one shown in the screenshot:

Can someone of you guys please tell me what needs to be done in order to access these folders?

Thanks in advance,

If you need app data folder, try the one under your user name. I don't know but that may be a protected system file. Go into folder options and uncheck "hide protected system files". maybe that will do it. While you're in there check the "show hidden files" and access app data under your own user name. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215855-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 85.14%

ok, xp messed up and i had to reinstall... well, i installed over the previous instance, because i hadn't backed up my files. when all was said and done, i went to the old user account file and it says access denied... i had it set previously so that other users couldn't access my files. but now, i can't log onto that particular account, because it's from the previous install... but i know the password for the account. so is there anyway i can get these files unlocked, or get that account reinstated? i tried the administrator reclaiming of all files thing, and set my self as the data recovery person, but still access is denied... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 85.14%

hey i have this little prob. i reformatted my hard drive and it seems to have saved the documents folder from the previous time i used it. i wanna delete it now but it says that access is denied. any ideas on how to get rid of it? also i switched it from fat32 to ntfs. i did that when i reformatted but it seems to have taken a huge amount of my hard drive. i have a 20gb. hard drive and after the reformat i only had 9 or 10gb available. is that normal or what? any and all help would be great appreciated!!

thanks

Relevancy 85.14%

I'm in a fix now. I reinstall an XP OS by not formating but deleting the existing windows and replacing with the new XP into the same windows folder. Didn't remember to disable password so the backups I kept in a folder directly in the root drive will say access denied. Somebody help

Hi, welcome to TSG.

Take ownership of the folder: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-access-denied.950375/
Relevancy 84.71%

Windows SP Windows SP Problem Windows Firewall is not working Specifics Windows firewall service unable to start Only dependency not starting is the base filtering engine which produces an error code on start stating quot Windows could not start the base filtering service on Local Computer Error Access is denied quot Description of Solutions More Information Okay i used to have a virus which apparently deleted the firewall and windows defender services Now however the virus is I believe through the use of MSE and Malware byte gone but base filtering enginge refuses to start Logon permissions's name is set to quot local service quot and when i try to load the service i get working (bfe denied) - Windows not firewall access 7 [SOLVED] Windows - the error message stating that access is denied This is the only dependancy that i currently know of that has this error and refuses to start I have tried sfc scannow which could not fix some of the problems i ran cmd as admin and will attach a log I have tried various cmd lines that i found online to people with similiar problems to no avail I have tried microsoft fix it and it too failed in starting the windows firewall service most likely again due to the bfe service I checked the permissions normally through reg edit and my current account had full control At the moment all [SOLVED] Windows 7 - Windows firewall not working (bfe - access denied) i'm staring at is a piece of text saying i could use combo fix but i [SOLVED] Windows 7 - Windows firewall not working (bfe - access denied) am hesitant to do so as I am not a professional Thankyou for your help and time Edit I tried quot net start mpssvc quot and got error quot the dependency service or group failed to start quot Brya

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 - Windows firewall not working (bfe - access denied)

Hi, I wonder what reg permissions you are referring to, error 5 is a non admin error. Could you go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt (copy paste):-

Code:
Reg Query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE"> 0 & notepad 0
Press enter, post the notepad outcome here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-windows-firewall-not-working-bfe-access-denied-635246.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Error Number: 0x80041003, Facility: WMI
Description: Access denied
Compiler returned error 0x80041003Does this need any configuration in the windows privileges before running this command. ? Any help ?

A:Unable to compile .mof usind command mofcomp in Windows 7 , throws error "Access is denied"

Hi, open the command prompt with elevated rights (run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt) and now run mofcomp again. Does it help? André"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/68bfc5ae-8e43-42d8-a803-2398827664a8/unable-to-compile-mof-usind-command-mofcomp-in-windows-7-throws-error-quotaccess-is?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 84.28%

The other day I created a temporary folder to save a file in. I'm through with the file and deleted it, but the folder will NOT delete. It says "Access is denied". I even tried rebooting. When I use various utilities to try to delete it, they show NO properties for the folder. No creation date. No nothing. Say what??? What a strange animal this Windows 7 is. Anyway, I guess I could just ignore it forever, but there's a place in me that's telling me it just not right that Windows 7 should prevent me from deleting a folder that I just created.

Relevancy 84.28%

Here is a challenge I have just re installed my pc to a dual boot system which has separate hdds window xp on one drive windows ultimate on one drive and the other is a slave for backups On the win install I ended up with a folder called quot program files quot and a folder called quot program files x quot Since everything was being installed into the quot x quot folder i decided to move the other is denied Cannot Delete access [folder], one to see if it was needed When I discovered it was needed and certain programs wouldn t work I put it back However for some reason I didn t just put it back i copied and pasted it back so now i have quot program files quot folders I now want to delete the duplicate but no matter what I do it won t go access is denied I have renamed it and moved it so it is now jus sitting on my win desktop staring Cannot Delete [folder], access is denied at me Methods I have tried are rest all permissions attributes boot into xp and delete from there boot from a live xp disc can t move folder onto another drive run as administrator then get message saying quot permission from trusted installer needed quot tried the rd s q command in win xp and at boot up safe mode And have tried various programs killbox etc didn t have much hope for those to be honest any suggestions will be greatly received many thanks in anticipation nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Windows XP Home bit version I have had a strange problem where I am not sure I am infected but I am certainly as hell feeling painful symptoms Every now and then I will download something that needs to be unrared and when I do I put it into a folder on my desktop When I then try and run the program in question it tells me that access is denied Weirder still is that when I try and use other files in that same folder it tells me that access is denied on them as well I have since been able to delete the folders with great difficulty by become Folder Files in is denied" "access using unlocker but unlocker had no clue as to why I couldn't delete them either It just said No Locking Handle Files in Folder become "access is denied" Found However Unlocker can Files in Folder become "access is denied" help deal with this object strong I have since run all manner of antivirus and antimalware programs from your downloads section ADWKiller Malwarebytes ant-malware HitmanPro Windows Repair All in one and each Files in Folder become "access is denied" of them reported all manner of malware and deleted said files but the underlying problem still remains I have run a scandisk and I am currently running disk defragmenter as well And I am downloading from windows update seeing as it found several security updates for me I am not sure scandisk ran fully either because it takes so long to run I used it while I was sleeping

A:Files in Folder become "access is denied"

Hello DarkD and Welcome -
I am not sure scandisk ran fully either because it takes so long to run I used it while I was sleepingIf you mean sfc /scannow, the program should not take much more than 30 minutes at the most.
If you mean another program, could you please be a bit more specific with a name.

I have since run all manner of antivirus and antimalware programs from your downloads section.

Please try to be reasonably specific with the programs you ran, and the order in which you ran them.

Do you have your last Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan logs, or open the program face, and look under the Logs Tab across the top line -
Please post the log back here, and any other related current log that you have access to.

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506099/files-in-folder-become-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Everyone This is a small part of a huge ordeal that I have gone through today with the error quot Destination Folder Access Denied quot that I want to try to explain as it may lead to help with larger issues I have a few folders in my quot Music quot folder two of which are quot Amazon MP quot and quot Civ quot When I try to rename either of them or move them to the desktop I have no particular need to now but I could in the future I receive Access Denied Folder Destination an error quot Destination Folder Access Denied quot with the subheading quot You need permission to perform this action quot and the equally useless options quot Try Again quot and quot Cancel quot I have figured out how to get this to stop but only temporarily Inside Amazon MP is a folder called quot Vladimir Horowitz quot the composer of this piece of music Inside that is quot Destination Folder Access Denied Horowitz Plays Chopin Volume quot Inside that is the MP file of the actual music So I have found that if I cannot rename Amazon MP or move it this works I go into Amazon MP Destination Folder Access Denied then into Vladimir Horowitz which contains Horowitz Plays Chopin Volume and rename Horowitz Plays Chopin Volume to quot quot I then right-click in that folder to select quot undo rename quot so it returns to its original name I then go up into the Amazon MP folder and rename Vladimir Horowitz to quot quot and then undo the rename Then I go into Music select Amazon MP and I can rename it and move it now So right now Amazon MP can be moved and renamed but still not quot Civ quot which I haven't tried yet Now I do a similar process to Civ which contains folders with music files in each I go into Civ rename all the folders at once to quot quot which results in the names etc and then undo rename as before I go back into Music and Civ can be renamed and moved After doing this Amazon MP goes back to the way it was before cannot be renamed and cannot be moved If I try my process out on Amazon MP again Civ goes back to being incapable of being moved or renamed per the quot Destination Folder Access Denied quot error What is going on here I have Windows Vista Home Premium x I have all the recent updates I am a moderate-high skilled computer user UAC is off though having it on changes nothing I have tried editing permissions a dozen times as most of my web searches suggest and that does nothing so please don't recommend that unless you have a novel thought other than this Take Ownership of file I have tried using safe mode which allows me to rename the files without going through this process but when I reboot and leave safe mode it goes back to before Sometimes I have copied these files into my external hard-drive and then copied them back but I have been doing this for a while without trouble Amazon MP was a file made by an Amazon program when I bought music from them Civ is a folder I made that I put music in that I copied from the program files of the game Civ The music plays fine in iTunes My computer has been off for the last month while I was away When I came back and started trying to edit some files this problem arose I have not had it before Any help at this puzzle would be greatly appreciated Blindman

A:Destination Folder Access Denied

Welcome
It does sound like a permissions issue, but you have specifically asked not to go there , so I will not.
What I would do, since it works in safe mode is suggest a clean boot.
If it works in clean boot, you can follow the instructions to find the cause.
Safe Mode works with basically just drivers, so its not a drivers issue. Clean boot works without any start up programs, anti virus etc. Lets hope it is some software that is the cause of the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
To be on the safe side you may also want to run a full anti virus scan and download and run an updated, full scan of malwarebytes.
If none of these ideas work, try a system restore from before the problem started.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286836-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello. Like many others, I am getting the "Destination Folder Access Denied" warning when I try to download/save anything. I'm also getting the "Windows needs administrator permission" warning. I am the administrator. I am the only user on this computer and mine is the only user account, and it is set up as the admin. Does anybody have any help/suggestions?

thanks!

A:Destination folder access denied

Hi, nora535, and welcome to the forums.

*where* are you trying to save the files to?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/163926-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I know that this only comes up when something is trying to write to the folder (in this case "etc")

I'm guessing that something is trying to modify my Hosts file.

Windows 7 64bit
Vipre antivirus
MBAM
Lavasoft ad-aware
Spybot S&D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351292/destination-folder-access-denied/
Relevancy 84.28%

when i try to copy a file to a program file folder, it tells me that the destination folder access denied. i've already changed to ownership for the folder and files inside, and the file i'm trying to drag to it and it still won't let me do anything. i'm am the only one using my computer and its pissing me off. now i see why people don't use vista. can i get around this?

A:destinatin folder access denied

Hi LiL L -

Welcome back to TSF.

The "TrustedInstaller" is the owner of record of the Program Files folder and all within. You do not have "permission" by him/her to edit any files.

As you know, you must first take ownership of the folder - but then set the appropriate file permissions. This can be accomplished tediously via a series of screens through Vista or in the following manner:

Bring up an Elevated command prompt via:
START | type cmd into the start search box | right-click on cmd (cmd.exe) | select "Run as Administrator" | next to the prompt type the following exactly as it appears except substituting the filename and username in the command:

takeown /f %systemdrive%\Program Files [hit enter]
(space after takeown and before %systemdrive%)

icacls %systemdrive%\Program Files /grant username:f [hit enter]
(space after icacls; before /grant and after /grant)

Good Luck to you..

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/destinatin-folder-access-denied-244119.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am working on a project I have to replace denied am administrator Access a folder; I to that project with a backup that I have and I discovered that I am unable to remove the folder I cannot remove it because I for some reason do not have appropriate permissions to access a subfolder When I double-click that sub-folder a pop-up box appears saying quot C directory is not accessible Access is denied quot First of all I am administrator on the computer running Windows Enterprise nbsp When I right-click the folder and going to Security gt Advanced the pop-up says quot You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object Click Continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions quot When I click quot Continue quot the new pop-up basically says the same exact thing quot You do not have permissions to view or edit this object's permission settings quot In the first pop-up under Owner nbsp it says quot Unable to display current owner quot and when I try to click quot Change quot to change the owner to myself the same window as when I clicked quot Continue quot appears nbsp This is very frustrating

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca9435db-a734-40cf-b0a4-7d9a8c998022/access-denied-to-a-folder-i-am-administrator?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 84.28%

Bravo to RealBlackStuff He solved my problem that I Folder denied accessible is access is not ve been struggling with for days I stumbled on this forum just yesterday and I m hooked I want to thank you for your Folder is not accessible access is denied post below because I ve been struggling on how to access the quot owner quot folder in my defective old hard drive with the following error message quot Folder is not accessible access is denied folder is not accessible - access is denied quot Thanks for the remedy you gave below There may be a case of encryption on the old W K disks that you have not yet installed on XP-home Also you will be a different user on XP from W K even if you used the same name You can take ownership of these files as follows Boot XP-home into Safe Mode Press F a few times when starting up as an administrator Now use Explorer to go to the folders etc on your W K-drives right-click them select Properties click the Security tab and click OK if a security message pops Folder is not accessible access is denied up Click Advanced then Owner tab In the Name list select your administrator s name Mark the Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects check box Click OK Yes and OK For taking ownership of files rightclick them Security tab Advanced Owner tab In Name list select Administrator or Admin-group and click OK Click Add and in the quot Enter the object list quot type a user or group account or Administrator Click OK In the group or user name list click the account you want e g Administrator then tick the check boxes for permissions e g Full Control Allow Hope this gets you on your way nbsp

A:Folder is not accessible access is denied

Hi Lexirad,

Thanks for that its always nice to get some positive feedback about the experience people have with the TS forum,

I found that people were having that kind of issue a while back so I made this page up.

How to change the rights in XP or 2K.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.74849/
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm trying to delete some files from Steam. However, I'm frustratingly greeted with this damn message "Destination folder access denied. You need permission to perform this action."

Permission from who? I'm the only account/admin on my computer. This is not the only time I have received some kind of error message reporting to me I need permission/higher access--it's also happened when I tried to "Immune" my computer from known viruses using Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

(Please forgive the post in 2 different categories).

Originally Posted by Chrisdizick

I'm trying to delete some files from Steam. However, I'm frustratingly greeted with this damn message "Destination folder access denied. You need permission to perform this action."

Permission from who? I'm the only account/admin on my computer. This is not the only time I have received some kind of error message reporting to me I need permission/higher access--it's also happened when I tried to "Immune" my computer from known viruses using Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

(Please forgive the post in 2 different categories).

Question: from which folder are you trying to delete files? Anything in "C:\Program Files", "C:\Program Files (x86)" or "C:\Windows" is generally more protected than they where in older versions of Windows.

If the files you are trying to delete in a different folder, then perhaps you are having trouble because they are still open by Steam? In many case, when a program open a file, it "locks" it for exclusive use until it is closed. Try shutting down Steam and then try and delete again.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182900-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I wasn t sure where to put this question but hopefully someone will redirect me Router Asus WL- G Premium V External hdd WD elements desktop TB NTFS I tried to read write files on the hdd when direct connected with usb to a computer And that works fine Now I connected the hdd to the denied! folder access Destination router locally named EMYLINK with USB Now I can see my hdd as a shared subfolder part under network in windows The recent written files I can read But when trying to write to the hdd I get the following error message quot Destination folder access denied You need permission to perform this action quot When connected by usb to my computer I Destination folder access denied! changed the permission for the hdd so that everyone can do everything Just to see if it made any difference but it didn t I also have another hdd part connected which works fine through the network WDE Destination folder access denied! U FAT a few years old Might this be a problem caused by NTFS Or is it some OS changes of the permission I need to do Enlight me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count Destination folder access denied! RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire G V Base Board Serial Number Antivirus None nbsp

A:Destination folder access denied!

Sorry to say this, but have you configured this with HomeGroup? Try starting from scratch with HomeGroup and make your LAN with that, it'll be easier for P2P and file transfers/cloud storage, hop this helped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/destination-folder-access-denied.1021023/
Relevancy 84.28%

ok i formatted my system and i had backed up my pictures ont oa secondary harddrive, forgetting that they were encrypted by windows XP hence making them only viewable by that account but now i am noit able to open the photos at all, it says access is denied? how can i solve this issue? are there any third party applications that can break the encryption?

A:Access Denied on a backed up folder

I had something similar a while back with some folders I was trying to browse from an Image created with Acronis.

You should be able to right click on the folder and go to 'Properties'. Select the 'Security' tab and then click 'Advanced'. From there, click the 'Owner' tab and change the owner to yourself, click Apply then OK. Then click 'Add', 'Advanced' then 'Find Now', scroll to your name then click OK, then OK again and make sure there is a tick in all the boxes under Allow. Click Apply then OK.

Then try again.

You may need to change your folder view to disable siimple file sharing to show the security tab...

In windows explorer, click Tools then Folder Options, then View..scroll to bottom of the list and remove the tick from 'Use simple file sharing' then click OK.

If you have Windows XP Home Edition, you will have to change the permissions whilst in safe mode.

Hope that works for you :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-on-a-backed-up-folder-96537.html
Relevancy 84.28%

A friend's PC died on them and I'm trying to recover their pictures from the hard drive. I have a USB hard drive adapter connected to my computer and I can browse the hard drive. However, when I try to open the Owner folder, which is where everything is, I get an error saying that access is denied. Is there a way around this so I can copy the pictures?

Thanks.

Relevancy 84.28%

I am having issues accessing files on a network folder on SBS 2003. I have changed permissions and ownership of the folder but issue still persists. Three people have access to this folder/files however only one of them is able to access the files while the other 2 have "access denied" message when they try opening up files.

Any suggestions on how i could go about and solve this issue for the other 2 users?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-on-network-folder.872247/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi there I Denied Access Destination Folder m getting this very annoying problem i ve had it countless times before too where a folder I am trying to delete overwrite a file in is refusing me access I get the error message quot Destination Folder Access Denied quot The folder was created by an installer for a program it s in program files Destination Folder Access Denied just now by me with me logged in I am the only account on the computer and i m an administrator Now the basics and usual stuff is out the way here s what i ve tried I ve tried giving me ownership it was previously set to quot System quot or something That didn t work Under the quot Security quot tab of the folder properties everything is ticked for quot Administrators quot as well so I really can t see why the hell Vista isn t allowing me full access to a folder created and owned under my login heck i m the only account on this pc Highly frustrating and illogical but I ve come to expect that from vista now I m hoping someone can help me through this extremely frustrating problem Thanks guys nbsp

k:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

1. Being an adminstrator does not = being THE administrator.
Which OS? Which version if Vista? Which SP?

How have you fixed this, in the past?

2. Did you try this method?
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html

3. Have you tried programs such as Unlocker?
http://www.freewarebb.com/Unlocker-187-file3827.html

4. Or other methods suggested here?
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/818279-cannot-delete-rename-zero-sized.html

5. How about using an UBCD?
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Keep us posted.

Best of success.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/destination-folder-access-denied.819675/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a folder on my desktop that I created about a month ago. Nothing is really in it, just some video files. Im trying to delete the sub folders within it, and it gives me the message that 'The Folder Not Accessible' It says that I have to have Admin permission to delete the contents. Im the only user on my lap top though. What I have tried so far.

I have manually attempted to take ownership of the files through cmd prmpt, it tells me Access Denied.

I downloaded the Take Ownership program and tried it that way, no luck

Any ideas on what I can do, any why its locking me out?

I have skimmed through the forums and seen a few other "solved" threads with the same problem, however the solution is not working for me.

A:Folder not accessible. Access Denied

Hello Redithrum, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is your user account an administrator type, and not a standard user account?

If you are an administrator, then you might see if using the free program Unlocker may be able to delete it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278998-folder-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone Im new to this forum and was hoping i could get a little help here with this Firstly specs OS etc as most forums want that Specs OS Windows Pro bit CPU AMD FX- GHz CPU Cooler Corsair H MoBo Asus Destination Folder Denied Access Crosshair V Formula-Z Ram gigs Patriot Viper mhz GPU MSI R Lightning Boost Edition HDD's Adata Premier Pro SP gb T WD x WD T gig PSU Huntkey w PSU Case AEROCOOL Strike X How my drives work Obviously OS is on the SSD GB is sort of a Net drive where if i go to a lan people can dump things in there then i sort out to one of the other drives later on Ohk problem time now When i copy stuff TO the GB all is fine works as normal But any of my other drives im getting quot Destination Folder Access Denied quot not sure how the attachments work here but i attached a screenshot If i click Continue in the box it will copy to the other drive as per normal but why am i having to provide this Administrator permission every time i copy something from one drive to another My account is the Admin account How can i stop this popping up all the time I have changed UAC settings to never notify but still get this problem Most annoying I do hope someone can help with this problem Regards sega

i've seen your issue posted on a couple of sites. After taking ownership, Access Denied still Appears.

From one site;

1. Control Panel > User accounts > Change UAC settings - drop the slider to the bottom
2. In start screen pres win key + S, type 'Local Security Policy' search and press enter
3. Go to Local Policies > Security Options, scroll to the bottom and find 'User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode' to Disabled
4. Restart PC when prompted
5. Re-add your user account to Temp permissions and re-enable the option from step 3
I cant tell you its going to work.

Here is another

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42291-destination-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I edit my external HD sometimes to change names of my files & I get this message.
Destination Folder Access Denied, then I have to click Continue, then in user accounts control it says windows needs your permission to continue & I have to click Continue again. XP didn?t give me this run around, what?s the deal with Vista? I?ve searched but can?t find a fix for this.
I?m the Admin & can?t understand why Vista is treating me like a child & making me double check what I tell it to do. Isn?t my computer a PC or is it now owned by Vista!! That?s frustration coming out but I have other small issues about user unfriendly Vista where XP was user friendly.

This is the new feature of Vista. Its controled by the User Account Control system and tries to act as another security layer. There have been many complaints about it being too in your face and Windows 7 version will be calmed down somewhat.

You could follow the Administrator Account and User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level tutorials.

Make sure you transfer your Documents and pictures etc from your current account before switching to the administator account and then transfer your files to their new home.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196978-destination-folder-access-denied.html