Windows Support Forum

Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

Q: Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 109.65%

I have just put a new hard drive in my laptop - a sony vaio
It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall. It has no issue finding wireless connections. I have tried changing the connection cable but it had no effect. In device manager under network adapters it lists: Atheros AR9285 Wirless Network Adapter and there are no warnings associated with that. Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed. Is this related?
Any help much appreciated

A:Laptop won't connect to ethernet cable despite finding wireless connections

Hi Molly123, and welcome to TSG.

Molly123 said:

It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall.
Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed.
Is this related?

A missing Ethernet driver will prevent the wired connection from working.
You can probably use your wireless connection to visit the support section of the the Sony web site and download the missing driver(s) and get instructions on how to install the downloaded driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-ethernet-cable-despite-finding-wireless-connections.1089095/
Relevancy 87.72%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 87.72%

hi there my internet was running fine until yesterday when i tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up i followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us evice-or c d- b- c- -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me i then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work i then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless i ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE ethernet cable will only not internet wireless My work through HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless Preferred IPv Address My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -EF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C D CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

The DNS settings you have appear to be for Virgin Media in UK

who is your ISP

can we see an ipconfig /all when you are connected by cable and working please

you may want to check you DNS settings and see if changing those to use google open DNS resolves the issue

Google public DNS
Note using google public DNS servers from outside the US may actually slow performace - so use the following as a test to identify DNS issues - if these resolve the issues , then we need to investigate further to optimise the use of DNS
Google public DNS
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address up on a PC
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

Flush & register DNS

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/registerdns

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator
Start> All Programs> Accessories and then right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

now type the command again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.1110567/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a combination modem router supplied by my internet service My main floor desktop computer is second plugged Solved: ethernet Wireless in work when cable won't connected directly via Ethernet cable Two laptops an ipad and a couple of TV s connect wirelessly I have Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in a large house with an office in the basement which is pretty much underground and on Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in the other end of the house so I recently ran a second Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in Ethernet cable from the upstairs modem router to a desktop computer in my downstairs office The connection itself worked fine I did notice however that my wireless connections would not work when the second Ethernet cable was plugged into the modem router When I unplugged it wireless started working again Could the problem be with the Ethernet cable It is a CAT e cable which I made myself since I needed a custom length It is my first one so of course I am doubting myself It works fine except for the problem it creates with my wireless devices My level of expertise is a little more than beginner but I m not quite sure I would call myself intermediate yet either nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless won't work when second ethernet cable plugged in

Check the settings for the ethernet and wireless devices in that basement desktop.

Some computers will disable one device when the other device is being used.

TerryNet and etaf and a few others are the networking experts here, so one of them will probably jump in to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-wont-work-when-second-ethernet-cable-plugged-in.1151157/
Relevancy 85.57%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3766 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1755 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597065 MB, Free - 490266 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5742
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Not Updated

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
My internet connection suddenly stopped working and I don't know how to fix it, I've restarted the computer and unplugged the modem, amongst other things, but nothing seems to be working.
The only way I can have internet connection is with the ethernet cable, but it doesn't work without...

A:Solved: Can only connect to internet with ethernet cable, does not work wireless

you have marked this - solved - has the problem been resolved now

if not
have you made sure the wireless is switched on - often there's a physical switch or a combination of the FN + one of the F keys to control the wireless

post an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable-does-not-work-wireless.1067146/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Everyone
I wonder if anyone can help me please.
Make HP g56 Laptop
ISP Virgin Media Cable 150 meg connection
Router Virgin Media Superhub
Norton Intternet Security
No other protection is turned on

I have two computers connected to the Hub

My wifes computer fujitsu 4 core runs at the true 150 meg speed with wired ethernet cable (Perfect)

My laptop however runs at half speed with wired ethernet connection. In fact it runs at the same speed as it does when connecting via wireless to the same superhub. about 75 megs.

I have posted an ipconfig image if this is any help.

Kindest Regards

Anthony George

A:HP Laptop running same speed on ethernet cable as Wireless

Hi .... You have to remember it is up to 150mb ... You will not get this speed all the time ..

Have you just got Virgin Installed lately if so it takes some time to settle ...

Also does your Network Adapter support the top speed ? ...
As for wireless and Lan connections they can be the same speed with Virgin ... Though you should be getting more than 75mb at times ....
Virgin Media - Extremely fast broadband speeds

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369043-hp-laptop-running-same-speed-ethernet-cable-wireless.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have just arrived at a friends house to stay for a while and my laptop does not connect to the internet properly through the wireless yet ethernet through not through but cable the internet to connects Laptop wireless works perfectly when plugged into the router directly through ethernet cable it is not the actual router s wireless that is broken because there are three other laptops that connect and work just fine I have done several virus scans using AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy and other than incredibar nothing has been found so i dont think it is a virus I Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless thought it might have been the to adapter so i disabled to no avail The problem is not connecting to the network as that works fine and every now and again i can get minutes of internet use before it stops working most of the time still saying i am connected to the internet for an extra minutes then saying i have a local only connection I did and ipconfig all when plugged into the router and this was the result Windows IP Configuration Host Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bcfe bf a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb bc d f fff Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bc d f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And when it is just the wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Cl... Read more

A:Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee

i would remove AVG - see below , that could be blocking

as you are getting an IP

this does not often work on wireless - but try anyway
- try safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works

also try a TCP/IP reset - see below

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

AVG Removal Tools
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-the-internet-through-ethernet-cable-but-not-through-wireless.1069516/
Relevancy 82.13%

Laptop running Windows no wifi to Netgear Router I hope someone can help me with this problem please A new Netgear wireless router was set up some months ago It works fine on tablets cell phones all Androids and one for ethernet laptop wireless Netgear48 reqd router cable desktop computer Win All of these will work without the need to be connected to the router however my laptop Netgear48 wireless router ethernet cable reqd for laptop running Win will not connect to the web unless the Ethernet cable is connected between laptop and router when it then works without a problem I have tried troubleshooting and this has failed to produce a solution and have then checked out the dependency services and got error messages which I cannot correct and really do not understand what they mean I am aware that these three services are interdependent and if one of these is wrong the other two won't play nicely However these only appear to affect the wireless side of the router as no problems are experienced when wired up These are the details Peer Name Resolution Protocol Properties On local computer Service Name PNRPservStartup Type AutomaticService status stoppedLog on as Local System Account radio button selected the Netgear48 wireless router ethernet cable reqd for laptop rest of the screen is emptyAllow service to interact with desktop blankDependencies This service depends on Peer Network Identity ManagerThe following system components depend on this service Peer Networking Grouping PNRP Machine Name Publication ServiceRecovery Not attemptedAttempted to start the service and got this error message Windows could not start the Peer Name Resolution Service on local computer Error The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process Peer Networking GroupingService Name p psvcStartup Type AutomaticService status stoppedLog on as Local System account not selected Allow service to interact with desktop blankThis account selected Local Service Browse PasswordConfirm Password Not sure if this is the password used when setting up router Dependencies This service depends on Peer Network Resolution Protocol Peer Networking Identity ManagerThe following system components depend on this service No DependenciesRecovery Not attemptedAttempted to start the service and got this error message Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping Service on local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start Peer Networking Identity Manager Service Name p pimsvcStartup Type AutomaticService status startedLog on as Local System account not selected Allow service to interact with desktop blankThis account selected Local Service Browse PasswordConfirm Password Not sure if this is the password used when setting up router Dependencies No DependenciesThe following system components depend on this service Peer Name Resolution Protocol Peer Networking GroupingRecovery Not attempted This appears to be the only one of the three services that is working although the other two are not which may explain why I cannot access the web if not connected to the router Any help or suggestions as to what has gone wrong here and how I can rectify matters would be much appreciated Many thanks

A:Netgear48 wireless router ethernet cable reqd for laptop

Further to my earlier query, I have checked those dependencies again, this time with the router plugged into the laptop, I got internet connection as expected, but the same errors were still there as noted previously, whatever is preventing me connecting to the internet wirelessly, it cannot be in that area. When the previous router, a Belkin, was setup I used the desktop computer as the main one always plugged into the router with the laptops operating wirelessly. I do not know if this is important, am blundering around trying to find a solution without a clue what to do next. Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528444/netgear48-wireless-router-ethernet-cable-reqd-for-laptop/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I am having problem connecting my laptop to the internet via ethernet cable.

I am typing this from a Mac desktop that is on the same connection - no router in use, just a cable modem.

I have tried 3 different laptops plugging in to the ethernet cable directly to the modem and all say the same thing - limited to no connectivity for the XP machines, and "Local access only" for the Vista machine.

It recognizes the ethernet cable, and it searches for connectivity but does not succeed.

What makes this weird is that the connection itself is live as evidenced by my ability to type on this desktop.

Please help!!

A:Solved: Can't connect laptop to internet via ethernet cable (wireless is ok)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-laptop-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-wireless-is-ok.759881/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I need help connecting to the internet but more importantly my network. I have an HP Pavilion Elite with windows 7. I have a wired connection using an Ethernet cable which is not being recognized. I checked Device Manager an it say device working properly; I have Realtek Network Adaptor. I shutdown and restarted as well as disconnected everything and reconnected. I have two other computers on this network which have access to internet and the network. Please help. Thanks!

Relevancy 76.54%

I have two computers. A laptop and a desktop. My desktop has a wired connection to my router and the internet connection is fine. My laptop uses a wireless connection and this connection is not working. Both connections are through a Linksys WRT54G router. My wireless network's name does not show up as an option to connect to anymore. It seems to have vanished. I have unplugged and reset both my router and modem with no success. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my problem?
Thanks for your time in advance.

Relevancy 71.38%

Okay, as of yesterday I began having trouble connecting to our internet (Cable internet). On my desktop I use a usb wireless adapter normally, however I began having issues staying connected to the internet. It would stay connected to the internet for a few minutes or even longer or even less, disconnect, then immediately reconnect again on its own. I then tried to use an ethernet cord; same thing happened. The other computers in the house work just fine by wireless, etc, so I'm kinda narrowed it down to my desktop. I've been looking up ways to fix it, but not many people or none at all (from my searches) really have the same problem as me. So, I honestly have no idea what to do to try and fix it. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I have a HP desktop. I would GREATLY appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

Relevancy 71.38%

My trusty linksys wireless router got fried in a recent electrical storm While waiting for a new d-link router wireless connections ethernet drops quot airplus extreme g quot to come in I ve been relying on old wireless routers lying around like a netgear wireless router drops ethernet connections WGR v I connect to the router via ethernet because a I have a desktop and b no wireless router I ve ever used has allowed me to work in sshell without dropping me after a few minutes I do a lot of work in shell and after the linksys fried if I wanted to run a program that takes a while I had to take everyone off the wireless router and connect to the modem directly I was hoping my new d-link would solve the problem but so far things are actually much worse I m still connected via ethernet only but now I get wireless router drops ethernet connections quot a network cable connection is unplugged quot about every seconds or less Again I never had this problem with the linksys but the other modems I ve tried since have been pretty problematic dropping all the ethernet-connected computers on the network Any ideas EDITED updated the firmware that seems to help please ignore this message until I know I m stuck again I would delete it but that doesn t seem possible nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-drops-ethernet-connections.598359/
Relevancy 70.52%

I just ran an ethernet cable from my router, in my office, all the way upstairs across the house to my bedroom to hook up to my ps3. I finally crimped the ends and went to test it and it doesn't work. I made sure that the wires went into the connectors correctly. I cant figure out what is wrong! Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all,
i have a desktop with windows xp home edition.
i currently have to use a blue usb cable from my internet gateway into my computer as my ethernet cable will not work.
do i need to install a driver or something for it to work?

any suggestions will be appreciated

A:Solved: Cant get yellow ethernet cable to work

Hey, spend $5 and get another ethernet cable. USB connections are a pain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-yellow-ethernet-cable-to-work.859942/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 69.66%

hello Recently my uncle redid my other laptop to its original out-of-the-box state due to slowness Afterwards when my father plugged in the ethernet cable of Motorola s SBV SURFboard Cable Modem we use the optimum service into the computer the computer icon at the bottom right of the I internet connect ! S P E A H when work L cable even does not ethernet P E the L E screen indicated that the network was unidentified and has only local connections---therefore no internet On the laptop I m on right now the network is correctly recognized P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable and has both local AND internet connections Why is that I concluded that since the other laptop is quot redone quot then I must reinstall the installation cd of the modem and I did today All went well in the installation process until the near end where the cd automatically checked to see how the connection was btw the comp and modem It resulted with an error stating something like that invalid or something I forgot Thus my installation attempts of the modem on the other laptop failed I tried to reboot both the comp and modem but still failed I don t understand Why is there limited connectivity I don t even have perfect wireless connectivity I mean both of my laptops have the wireless capability and I can go around the house with the working one and find linkys with one bar of signal But I don t have the wireless modem or something that gives stable wireless connectivity to either of them---only the motorola modem that gives internet to only of the right now What should I do The solution shouldn t be too difficult I am quite young and did my best to solve this problem So I now await for the knowledge of you professionals to aid me thank you nbsp

A:P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable

You want to first establish a connection from the laptop to the Motorola modem, with the Linksys router out of the loop. Is the laptop running Windows Vista or XP? When you go to Network Connections or Network and Sharing Center, do you see a LAN?

If you are connecting via an ethernet cord to a cable modem, then you would not need to install any modem. The disk you have for your Motorola modem may be for installing USB drivers in case you were using a USB cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p-l-e-a-s-e-h-e-l-p-internet-does-not-work-even-when-i-connect-the-ethernet-cable.837566/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there I ve ethernet via cable, but Connection through not Wireless got a PC connected to the internet with an ethernet cable and two laptops connected to the same router via wireless Everything was working fine untill a few Connection through ethernet cable, but not via Wireless days ago At the moment I still have internet on my PC but both of the laptops do connect to the router but won t connect to the internet I have tried the usual flushdns and problem solving in Control Panel but I can t get it to work and I haven t got a clue what I should do next Here s the IPConfig all for both laptops One pasted the other one in file as to not spam the post Microsoft Windows versie Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Alle rechten voorbehouden C Users Wilma gt ipconfig all Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam LaptopWilma Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee Draadloos LAN-adapter voor Draadloze netwerkverbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Fysiek adres A-F -A - F- -DB DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Draadloos LAN-adapter voor Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Fysiek adres -F -A - F- -DB DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Link-local IPv -adres fe a bbb f ff voorkeur IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Lease verkregen zondag augustus Lease verlopen maandag augustus Standaardgateway fe bf e fc e DHCP-server DHCPv IAID DHCPv -client DUID - - - - -B -D -DA- -AE- D- - E-D DNS-servers NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Tunnel-adapter voor isatap F B - C - CA - FDC- E D F D Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor isatap F C F - CFE- F- EBB- CB AA A Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor TO Adapter Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft to Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja http filedump org files cnzR html And here s a SS from Wi-Fi inspector http imageshack us f xirruswifi jpg I hope someone here might have some advice Thanks in advance Paladoradin nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was on here last night trying to get my laptop to connect to wireless internet. I'm still working on figuring that out with the person I bought the laptop from and I may end up purchasing a wireless card, but now my question is:

Can I connect to the internet right now by using an ethernet network cable plugged into my computer and into the D-link router which my desktop computer already accesses the internet from?

I plugged it in but nothing happened.

Relevancy 68.37%

I have had Windows 10 for a while and haven't had this problem until today. My connection was fine until I woke up this morning. I have tried updating my drivers but none are corrupt and are up to date. I have tried several solutions and looked at many videos and I cannot find a fix. Can anyone help?

A:My Ethernet cable nor wireless detects router.

Hi Dez37, welcome to the forums. Go to start, search and type cmd right click on the returned command prompt and select run as administrator, at the prompt copy paste:-

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0 (press enter) Please post the notepad outcome here.

Also go to start, search and type devmgmt.msc, press enter, device manager will open, expand the tree under network adapters, tell us what you see.

Try a power cycle, turn off the modem/router and remove all power to it, turn off your computer and remove all power to it (if a laptop take out the battery) with the power off press the computer start button for a second, this will drain any residual power, leave the computer off. Now repower the modem/router and wait until it acquires all lead lights. Once this happens repower your computer, test your connection now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-ethernet-cable-nor-wireless-detects-router-1121753.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a compaq Laptop HP F running windows vista bit about years old and have had the same internet issues since I bought the dame thing I have searched the web for hours trying to find the answers made some changes but still have the same problems I have turned off all security programs downloaded drivers applied a fix patch from Microsoft enabled some functions that cable wireless bye No or internet Ethernet connection were disabled all to know avail I can connect at work via No internet connection bye Ethernet cable or wireless cbl at a friends house cbl and at home via neighbors wireless I cannot connect to my roommates Ethernet cable or wireless router running on windows XP wireless via linksys router The wireless router was recently set up and my connection was great for about a day but has not worked for weeks In the network and sharing center window it shows while I am connected to my roommates wireless network it is only a local connection that s there is a red x between the wireless network and the internet When I click on red x and run the windows diagnostics program I get There may be a problem with th Domain Name Servers DNS I had the same problem at work using a cable and the tech guy just changed some iPv settings and have never had connection problems but home is a different story I am just trying to get the wireless connection but even a cable connection would be a break through Here are my ipconfig stats Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users mwashinton gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mwashinton-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- -E -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -F -A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E EB EE -E - E - D - E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BB A - - F -B D - F B br F B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping google com Ping ... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

There's home wireless connection that my laptop won't connect to on its own. This wireless connects after the laptop has been connected to the router via the Ethernet cable, and stays connected with the cable unplugged until it drops (it's normal for my connection to drop sometimes), and then won't reconnect by itself again.

My wireless has wpa2-psk. OS is Vista.

Thank you.

A:Wireless only connects after Ethernet cable connection

Hey Sammy2. I assume your machine connected before with no connection issues.
Which Vista are you using,32 or 64 bit, and what Service Pack level is it on?
Do you have and use a good Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware cleaner?
When you lose your connection, is the Internet and wireless l.e.d.'s on the router still on?
Are there any other pc's that connect to this network?
When you state it won't connect again automatically, what do you do to get an Internet connection again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-only-connects-after-ethernet-cable-connection.197616/
Relevancy 68.37%

just yesterday everything was working fine then i got disconnected from the internet i checked through ethenet I was able to connect but when i plugged in the cable to wifi router it did not connect to the internet.
help.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello

I have a dell inspiron 6400, and yesterday it suddenly was unable to connect to my wireless network. It has been randomly disconnecting from the network for a few weeks now, but I have just restarted my PC and it reconnects.

I can now only connect to my network via an ethernet cable.

Do I need to replace my network adapter? Do I need a new laptop? Is there a way I can fix it manually?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to a wireless network without an ethernet cable

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-a-wireless-network-without-an-ethernet-cable-663997.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So I have been unable to use the internet on my labtop for months I have another labtop that works fine and a ipod touch that connects through wireless that works fine I replaced the wireless card itself so I was able to rule that out Please help me getting it working again This is what i get when i run ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- - B-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D -D D- - C - D C D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - connect ethernet or wireless cable. to Cant through internet - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C C - BA- CE- B- BFA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- F C- D -A EC- A A C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB C- B - A -A F -EBC br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE-A C- CC -AED -C D F br E D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFEB -A - A -A C- br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cant connect to internet through wireless or ethernet cable. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF D - E - E - - br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Wasn't sure if this was supposed to go here or in networking, so I just put it here.

My family recently got a new desktop computer and my parents are putting it in my brothers room, which is near the opposite end of the house where the router and modem is. Should I just tell them to get some retartedly long Ethernet cord, or is there a good enough wireless adapter I could buy? I know direct connections are almost always better, but I don't think there is a store that sells long ethernet cords that stretch across my house, which is pretty big.

A:Solved: Ethernet Cable or Wireless Adapter?

It's easy enough to get an Ethernet cable up to 100 meters, and I'd guess that's long enough.
There are many factors that affect wireless reception, including the construction of your dwelling and the hardware you use, so I'd ask a mod to move this to the networking forum where you might get better help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-or-wireless-adapter.1004052/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I am running an IBM T P with Windows a Cisco Router quot linksys E quot My wireless has been running fine for the last few years win xp and win Today I wanted screwed internet? cable ethernet up wireless to try something I knew it wouldn't work but figured what the hell quot I plugged in an ethernet cable ethernet cable screwed up wireless internet? and hooked it up to an old PC to show a friend that you could not just plug this cable in and access another computer Well I proved I was right but unfortunately I also screwed something up ethernet cable screwed up wireless internet? in my laptop IBM now I can connect to my network I quot see quot the network I am connected to it excellent range etc but no internet connection now I know its not my router or nothing cuz my other laptops and pc's are all working fine its not the range since I have it now sitting literally next to my router I tried to recycle router and cable modem I tried restarting ugh HELP I THINK somehow windows is still looking for this ethernet connection anyone have a clue of what the heck happened here thank you so much in advance

A:ethernet cable screwed up wireless internet?

Quote: Originally Posted by rockergal

Hi all,

I am running an IBM T60P. with Windows 7. a Cisco Router "linksys E3000"
My wireless has been running fine for the last few years. (win xp and win 7)
Today I wanted to try something (I knew it wouldn't work but figured what the hell" I plugged in an ethernet cable and hooked it up to an old PC to show a friend that you could not just plug this cable in and access another computer. Well I proved I was right, but unfortunately I also screwed something up in my laptop (IBM)
now I can connect to my network, I "see" the network, I am connected to it, excellent range etc, but no internet connection.

now I know its not my router or nothing cuz my other laptops and pc's are all working fine,
its not the range since I have it now sitting literally next to my router)
I tried to recycle router and cable modem
I tried restarting
ugh... HELP!!!

I THINK somehow windows is still looking for this ethernet connection.
anyone have a clue of what the heck happened here???

thank you so much in advance

Open an command prompt and issue the command ipconfig /all and post the output.

Open Network and Sharing center and select the Troubleshoot Problems at the bottom of the Window. Post results, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91741-ethernet-cable-screwed-up-wireless-internet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, my modem doesnt work when i plug 2nd ethernet cable in to it i am trying to link another pc to me modem but it just makes the lights flash and then doesnt work i tried it in different ports still doesnt work i also tried my xbox in it that doesnt work either iv have internet for 2 years and also plugged my xbox in now and agen and it worked fine but just recently doesnt want to work any ideas how to fix it ??
Thanks jake

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all,

I have an O2 wireless box II (Thomson Speedtouch TG585 v7) and I would like to connect it to the internet through an ethernet cable rather than a DSL line, is this possible?

I actually had it working last night by simply plugging it in, but this morning when I woke up it wasnt working at all! Somehow I could only connect to the wireless box but not to the internet!!!

Operating system - Windows Vista

If someone could help me I would be really grateful! Thanks!

A:Connecting O2 wireless box II to the internet thorugh an ethernet cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-o2-wireless-box-ii-to-the-internet-thorugh-an-ethernet-cable.946258/
Relevancy 67.51%

i used to be able to access the internet directly via a direct ethernet connection but now my only option appears to be the wireless network connection i don't recall when exactly the local area connection connect works via but not ethernet connection cable can wireless disappeared but the wireless is too slow amp unreliable i really would appreciate any assistance figuring out how to connect to the internet directly again i'm running windows xp home edition version wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable with service pack on a emachine desktop i have a netgear wireless pci adapter for wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable the wireless i tested the cable on another pc so i know the cable amp the ethernet connection work when i plug teh cable into my pc shouldn't a local area connection option appear on my network connections i believe i used to wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable be able to choose between wireless amp local are connection but not all i get is wireless network connection i ran ipconfig all this i what i got C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DA -Bloomfield Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR WG g Wireless PCI A dapter Physical Address - - B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October A M any help would be appreciated dB

A:wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable

I have no idea about your level of knowledge but I thought I'd let you know what I would do to investigate the problem....

Right click My Network places from the desktop or go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.

Here you should see you LAN and Wireless Connections. Make sure the LAN connection is not disabled. Right click, properties, select Internet Protocol in the box and set everything to automatic; obtain IP and DNS automatically, assuming you have a DHCP server on the network. The router perhaps? If not then manually enter the IP, subnet mask (probably 255.255.255.0) and the gateway ip. Set the Primary DNS address to the same as the gateway again, assuming the router is configured to get it's DNS address from your ISP. Click Advanced and set Enable NetBIOS over TCIP in the WINS tab.

Also check in Device Manager that your Network Card (NIC) is available, enabled and working.

Once the ethernet cable is attached, you should at least be able to ipconfig and see the LAN connection. If you can try to ping the router:
ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies if all is well.
Then try to ping an external address:
ping www.google.co.uk
again, you should 4 replies.

I know this is fairly detailed help but that would be a good start to investigate your issue.

Good luck...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-can-not-connect-via-ethernet-cable-422128.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I hope you can help - I am trying to connect a ZyXEL P HW Wireless ADSL Modem router to my Windows XP SP desktop computer I have had various problems but Problems cable wireless ethernet via router connecting have now managed to get my LAN connectivity back and Problems connecting wireless router via ethernet cable this is telling me my LAN is connected but the LAN socket on the router is not lighting up when I connect the ethernet cable into the back of the PC When I try to connect to the internet Problems connecting wireless router via ethernet cable via the router nothing is happening and I get the following message after running network diagnostics - Error attempting to validate Winsock base providers Not all base service provider entries could be found in this winsock catalog A reset is needed I have run several winsock fixes they all tell me the catalog has been repaired but I am still getting this error I have re-set the router several times and have configured the IP address and default gateway I can connect to the internet using my Speedtouch modem with no problems at all I have run out of ideas - please help nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I have been having BSOD problems ever since I bought this computer (almost a year ago)
Originally it would BSOD on File > Open but I worked around that.
Not It BSODs when ever I either boot it up with some type of internet adapter plugged in, or plug some sort of internet adapter after I turned it on. If I plug it in after it has be turned on, it will run for maybe 10-20 min, and then BSOD.
I was unable to retrieve a System Health Report
I received the error:
Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.
The system cannot find the path specified.
This may relate to me being in safe mode but I'm not sure.

Windows 7 . . .
- x64bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
- Coming up on 1 year
- 1 year also
- Gateway DX 4840
- Intel Core i3 CPU 550
- 8192mb Ram

A:BSOD with Ethernet Cable/Wireless Adapter plugged in

Quote: Originally Posted by robozman

I have been having BSOD problems ever since I bought this computer (almost a year ago)
Originally it would BSOD on File > Open but I worked around that.
Not It BSODs when ever I either boot it up with some type of internet adapter plugged in, or plug some sort of internet adapter after I turned it on. If I plug it in after it has be turned on, it will run for maybe 10-20 min, and then BSOD.
I was unable to retrieve a System Health Report
I received the error:
Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.
The system cannot find the path specified.
This may relate to me being in safe mode but I'm not sure.

Windows 7 . . .
- x64bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
- Coming up on 1 year
- 1 year also
- Gateway DX 4840
- Intel Core i3 CPU 550
- 8192mb Ram

Nothing in the compressed file please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211790-bsod-ethernet-cable-wireless-adapter-plugged.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an old laptop running Windows 2000 and a PC running XP. I decided to use the old laptop as a second monitor using Maxivista, and it requires that both computers be connected by a TCP/IP connection. My PC is connected to the internet wirelessly to a router downstairs, and it is connected to my laptop via an ethernet cable.
Right now the TCP/IP is not working, in the command script when I ping the DNS server and Default Gateway (of the Lan connection) on both computers it doesn't work and it gives me a "request timed out" message.
But the main problem is that when my laptop is on or I have the ethernet cable connected to the laptop the internet on my PC stops working. When I turn off the laptop or pull out the cable my internet starts working again.
Any ideas as to what is the problem?

A:Wireless internet disconnects when LAN ethernet cable is plugged in

You must be using a cross-over cable in this instance. A regular LAN patch cable will not work.
Set the IP on your ethernet connection to a different subnet than used by your wireless LAN.

For example, if your Wireless LAN is distributing / using IPs in the subnet 192.168.x.x, set up your ethernet and laptop adapters as follows:

Desktop:
IP address: 10.0.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.2

Laptop:
IP address: 10.0.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1

You do not need to set any DNS address.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-disconnects-when-lan-ethernet-cable-is-plugged-in-113459.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi great site idea I m having a strange issue regarding internet Moved country Ireland to Australia PC had never caused any issues before and was connected to net via a wireless adapter Moved to Australia set up PC everything seems fine apart from not being able to connect to Internet Wireless - when I plug wireless adapter into usb port toolbar displays Monitor with red x so i double click and to view network list but my network isn t available but my neighbors one shows up even though according to the status of wireless network connections adaptor is internet connect Solved: or Wireless wont to PC cable Ethernet via quot Not connected quot but my network is a very strong signal and am actually using it right now on Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable my notebook to send this mail so adaptor s Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable sees asnother network but not my network which is metre away Ethernet Cable - Plug in cable but nothing happens no change on toolbar nothing in Network Connections Tried internet with but doesn t work stumped Am I making a simple schoolboy error here Checked Device Manager and there is a yellow question mark at Other Devices opened that and inside yellow question mark and exclamation mark over quot other PCI Bridge quot and quot Video Controller VGA Compatible Any advise cant update any drivers as I cant get PC online obviously Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I just bought a new router the ASUS RT-N56U .

After setting it up getting ISP provided information everything seemed to work fine but i then i done a speedtest with the ethernet cable plugged in and it would start off at 8Mb/s then would instantly drop to less than 0.5 Mb/s Here is a picture of what it looks like http://prntscr.com/7z9jcl I don't know how to fix it because when im on wireless only it works perfectly fine is there anything i can do?

A:Solved: Get huge speed drop on ethernet cable not on wireless!!!

There are a lot a variables. How is your cable made? Is it a store bought cable? Did you make it? Is it run or is it just laying on the floor run from router to PC? A little more info might help but ultimately it might come down to without being there to test the actual cable and NiC we won't be able to know for sure.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-get-huge-speed-drop-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless.1152628/
Relevancy 67.08%

My Sony Vaio seems to not like connecting to wireless internet anymore, and when I click on the available connections, it shows the ethernet cord as a wireless connection (but it works). There is no recognition from my computer that it is plugged in to a ethernet cord.

I have tried a system restore to 2 weeks before this all happened, and it didn't work. I'm not sure what to do, I know it's a problem with my computer because other people can connect to the ethernet cord and the wireless, just not me.

Any ideas?

A:Sony Vaio thinks ethernet cable is a wireless connection

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router via the ethernet cable, , Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Repeat this with the pc connected to the router via wireless (disconnect the ethernet cable )

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/sony-vaio-thinks-ethernet-cable-is-a-wireless-connection-606304.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So here it is, I can use wi-fi, but I prefer a wired connection for faster download and less lag. Yesterday my laptop decided that he would not be able to recognize any ethernet cable and I don't know what to do. I tried to deactivate the wi-fi card, tried to reinstall and download the latest drivers, I even tried to use a usb to ethernet adapter. Nothing works pc won't see any ethernet cable connected. Please help.

A:Laptop won't recognize Ethernet Cable

Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.10240]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\Pc>ipconfig

Configuration IP de Windows
Carte Ethernet Ethernet 2 :

Statut du média. . . . . . . . . . . . : Média déconnecté
Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . :

Carte Ethernet Ethernet 3 :

Carte réseau sans fil Connexion au réseau local* 3 :

Carte réseau sans fil Connexion réseau sans fil :

Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . : home
Adresse IPv6 de liaison locale. . . . .: fe80::85e5:3774:40d7:e0ce%20
Adresse IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.2.11
Masque de sous-réseau. . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Passerelle par défaut. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Carte Ethernet Ethernet :

Carte Tunnel isatap.home :

Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . : home

Carte Tunnel Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface :

Adresse IPv6. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:cc6:24eb:b9cf:c0c2
Adresse IPv6 de liaison locale. . . . .: fe80::cc6:24eb:b9cf:c0c2%3
Passerelle par défaut. . . . . . . . . : ::

C:\Users\Pc>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-recognize-ethernet-cable.1157432/
Relevancy 66.65%

I got a new laptop a few weeks ago, and the computer will not recognize that the ethernet cable is plugged in. I use my school's network, so the cable just plugs into the wall. I use Windows 7. All help is appreciated.

Relevancy 66.65%

How do I setup a direct connection between my laptop running Win2000 and my pc running XP. I don't want to use a router, I just want a direct connection using a ethernet crossover cable. I can't seem to find any step by step guides on how to do this. Hope someone can help.

Relevancy 66.65%

My wi-fi connection was working perfectly until I removed the plug of the modem. Now it shows no problem, no yellow sign in the wireless icon but I still can not connect to the internet. It works only via Ethernet cable. I set the priority to wireless and rebooted the system but it still does not work.

A:My laptop works only via Ethernet Cable

You probably need the SSID and key for the wireless access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-works-only-via-ethernet-cable.1145777/
Relevancy 66.65%

So about a year my laptop got water on it ... send it to fix last week and it works now !
went to TWC to get a modem And the modem works pecfectly fine on My regualar Computer but no my Laptop
I doesnt even blink when i connect the ethernet cable ?
What can vb ethe problem??

A:Ethernet cable not Working on laptop>?

please do not duplicate posts here

continue on this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1121901-sony-vaio-wont-recognize-cable.html

closing here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-working-on-laptop.1121903/
Relevancy 66.65%

We have 2 laptops. Both can connect via wireless fine, but only one can connect using the Ethernet cable. When plugged into the laptop which doesn't work I get the computer with a yellow "exclamation mark" triangle, which says no internet access. The working laptop is using Vista and mine, the none working, uses Windows 7.

I'd be happy to use Skype or TV to sort out the problem.

Joe.

A:One laptop can connect via Ethernet cable but the other one cannot?

Joet, welcome to Sevenforums

This sounds like a driver issue. Can you give me the full name of your laptop so I might direct you where to find the right driver? If you are able to do this on your own, feel free.

It is a LAN driver you would be looking for, and not the wireless LAN.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245775-one-laptop-can-connect-via-ethernet-cable-but-other-one-cannot.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I am using a Dell Studio model This has happened recently cable recognize Laptop Ethernet can't I downloaded the Windows Live Essentials update yesterday and it prompted me to restart my laptop I meant to click quot Postpone quot but I clicked quot Restart quot accidentally This Laptop can't recognize Ethernet cable was in the middle of while I was running Firefox and running Winamp as far as I can remember So when the Laptop can't recognize Ethernet cable computer was back on I noticed I totally lost the internet connection Laptop can't recognize Ethernet cable Even though the CAT cable is connected the laptop does not recognize it at all It simply says quot Not Connected quot And just today I realized that whenever the Ethernet cable is connected to the computer the computer periodically every other second or so makes a faint buzzing noise This is something I had not noticed before I replaced the cable with a new one and the same thing still happens I think the modem is working fine since my roommate can access the internet On the modem where the lights should be on for my connection it is periodically blinking Anyone got an idea as to what is happening Thanks

A:Laptop can't recognize Ethernet cable

Quote: Originally Posted by schp

Hi I am using a Dell Studio 1557 model. This has happened recently:

I downloaded the Windows Live Essentials update yesterday and it prompted me to restart my laptop. I meant to click "Postpone" but I clicked "Restart" accidentally. This was in the middle of while I was running Firefox and running Winamp (as far as I can remember).

So when the computer was back on I noticed I totally lost the internet connection. Even though the CAT5 cable is connected, the laptop does not recognize it at all. It simply says "Not Connected". And just today I realized that whenever the Ethernet cable is connected to the computer the computer periodically(every other second or so)makes a faint buzzing noise. This is something I had not noticed before. I replaced the cable with a new one and the same thing still happens.

I think the modem is working fine since my roommate can access the internet. On the modem where the lights should be on for my connection, it is periodically blinking.

Anyone got an idea as to what is happening?

Thanks

Check device manage for the network driver

Please go to start>search>type device manager.
Are there any "unknown devices" with yellow triangles on them?
Is you driver there , listed, and working?

If your driver is missing, or there is a yellow triangle on it, you will need to update it.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119745-laptop-cant-recognize-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys....
i have little problem....for past little while i try to connect the laptop to the PC to transfer files...but i can't.....i try to follow the instructions from few sites...but i'm kinda stuck....i got both of them connected via ethernet cable...and when i get to "cmd" mode i ping and i get reply from both of them( pc and the laptop....both using XP) but i'm i think stuck right there

any help much appreciated

Relevancy 66.65%

I am having a cable internet connection at my home and connect to internet using PPPoE.
when the cable guy came to my home he got me connected to the internet on my PC, and that's working still now.
but when i connect the same ethernet cable to my laptop it gaves me a error 619, i called them they said that it is working fine.

is there any way i can connect my laptop to same ethernet cable, and i don't have a wireless router, and don't want to buy one. so is there any way i can use same ethernet cable without using different accounts on two PCs.

one of my friend suggested me to try cloning MAC id, but i am not sure does this work?

A:Solved: cannot use my ethernet cable on my laptop

that sounds like a vpn error. If you are connecting straight from your router, you shouldn't need to use vpn, just connect and go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-use-my-ethernet-cable-on-my-laptop.1128897/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a 6-month old Toshiba laptop that for about the first 3 months recognized my wired ethernet network. However, for a while now when I plug it in, nothing happens. I have had to use my desktop. I have tried the cable on the desktop and it works fine. In addition to my laptop, I have an HP desktop, also very new, and a 5- year old Mac, all plugged into a Linksys router. We have no WiFidown, so that's not an option. All my drivers are up-to-date, and I have tried enabling and disabling the ethernet and wifi ports.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Relevancy 66.65%

My HP ultrabook has been accessing the internet both through wireless and an ethernet cable until last week. For some reason it just stopped recognizing the ethernet cable. I really would like some assistance because I use it mostly at the halls of residence where my internet connection is through an ethernet cable. Please help.

Relevancy 66.22%

hello As my PC will be moved upstairs soon where there is no way to get a ethernet cable any more I will be forced to go wireless I have never wanted it and never used it except on my mothers laptop witch is obviously built-in So my experience with wireless stuff is very low some fact that may play a role for your comments -from PC to modem router threw the walls will be about yards max -there is a chimney in the direct path from PC to modem router -there is barely any metals used in the house although the modem is placed next to the water-main -the laptop of my mother never had to switch Solved: connection from ethernet cable wireless modem/rout to Help! to need any issues and is about years old cant tell you the what hardware it used ATM Now what I want -I want my MB sec speed other wireless devices dont play any Solved: Help! need to switch from ethernet cable to wireless connection to modem/rout role gt mom laptop facebook and mails and searching the web and the rest is youtube lol and the Solved: Help! need to switch from ethernet cable to wireless connection to modem/rout smart TV really doesn t do anything except for streaming some video clips very rarely - I NEVER want to get disconnected not even for a millisecond if you catch my drift - I prefer an internal piece of hardware witch I have a PCI slot for with the room Although I would also like to be able to give internet to multiple PC s or whatever ya never know LAN party for example i do realize a switch would suffice but I ll just give you everything because I know there are many ways to go wireless just dont know crap about them - I m not a millionaire but I dont buy crap so keep that in mind lol but when I buy something that I you know will be perfect I wont look really close at the price my self built case costs me a total of euro s two years ago or by now i dont remember I ll add my system specifications at the bottom of my post hope you all can help me out And thanks in advance friendly regards bryan system specifications Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU X GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd X A-UD And the best Realtek case with fans at the time cant find the name nbsp

A:Solved: Help! need to switch from ethernet cable to wireless connection to modem/rout

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-need-to-switch-from-ethernet-cable-to-wireless-connection-to-modem-rout.1068868/
Relevancy 66.22%

For the past year and a half I ve been using a Netgear N Wireless USB Adapter to connect my home-built computer with Windows to the wifi from the router on the floor directly below me and it s worked just fine But lately for the past couple antenna ethernet that suddenly nonexistent unplugged insists wireless cable is my My of weeks often when I get up in the My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged morning my little networking icon in my system tray has insisted that there are no available connections or that it can t find any because My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged my ethernet cable is unplugged I don t even HAVE an ethernet cable on this computer and I haven t ever I have also noticed that it seems to have this problem during the daylight hours No matter how many times I restart my computer or reset my adapter or physically go downstairs to make sure Dad hasn t bumped a wire Dad s computer remains perfectly connected and functional while mine mostly just frustrates me I get a pretty regular inflow of newsletters from various places and when I wake up in the afternoon and my internet is down my Gmail shows no new messages any later than AM and when my computer is magically able to detect a signal again and autoconnects this magic seems to happen at around PM As an experiment I plugged my old Presario with WinXP back in and hooked the adapter up to it and it couldn t connect either So I was sure it was the adapter so I went out and bought a new one of the exact same model as my old one And I m still having this problem What is this and how do I make it stop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P LE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-antenna-suddenly-insists-that-my-nonexistent-ethernet-cable-is-unplugged.1101049/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

i have an E-system 3115 laptop and have managed to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable to my Scientific Atlanta modem, but what i want to do is connect the ethernet cable to my Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO router and go online wirelessly.

I'm having problems doing this as it only seems to work when the cable is plugged into the laptop.

Thank you if you can help me.

A:Laptop only works when connected with ethernet cable

Have you disabled all encryption on the modem and tried to connect that way? Does the laptop connect to any other wireless networks? Does a wired connection work when you connect to the router and not the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-only-works-when-connected-with-ethernet-cable.838220/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey Guys I ve got quite a major problem on my hands and absolutely no idea what to do Recently I upgraded the houses internet to fiber or so its called in Chinese living abroad in Shanghai BTW and the within the first day of upgrading I ve PC and ethernet plugged freezing in cable up them laptop to when is seen a tremendous PC and laptop freezing up when ethernet cable is plugged in to them increase in internet speeds However within a day a new problem also came up Whenever I plug the ethernet cable into its port at the back of my PC all the open programs suddenly stop responding and PC and laptop freezing up when ethernet cable is plugged in to them then PC and laptop freezing up when ethernet cable is plugged in to them my PC freezes I ve tried booting up without the ethernet cable plugged in and everything works perfectly Yet the second I plug in the ethernet everything stops working The conditions are as follows -I am unable to CTRL - ALT - DELETE to bring up task manager - The mouse cursor is still moveable but nothing can be clicked or selected-The cursor turns into the spinning loading circle but never finishes whatever it s trying to do I am forced to manually power down hold the power button or unplug the PC However rebooting in Safe Mode with Networking yields no problems The internet connects just fine and there is no freezing lagging going on at all I m currently posting this from Safe mode w Networking The conditions are pretty much the same when I plug in the ethernet cable to my Macbook Chrome or whatever I m using simply stops responding and I get the spinning rainbow pinwheel of doom Forced to manually power off This has also occurred to a friends Macbook when he plugged in the Ethernet in an adjacent room Since the problem isn t isolated to a specific computer I m guessing it has something to do with the new router internet the telecom company installed Any suggestions solutions or ideas Thanks a ton for your time

A:PC and laptop freezing up when ethernet cable is plugged in to them

for such an issue I would call internet provider and have them check it out for you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475365/pc-and-laptop-freezing-up-when-ethernet-cable-is-plugged-in-to-them/
Relevancy 65.79%
A:Solved: Laptop not recognising ethernet cable!

Realtek PCIe FE Family ControllerClick to expand...

this is the ethernet controller
Personally I don't think it's a problem with the cable or ethernet plug as I have tried with friends' cables and switched etcClick to expand...

has your friend tried to connect to the port and used your cable and been able to connect

can you give us some information - is this just a LAN socket in a room that you plug into ?
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

do a tcp/ip reset

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-not-recognising-ethernet-cable.1087205/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there,

So in the past my laptop has been able to connect directly to the internet using an Cat5e cable, but recently when I have been trying to direct connect, I have been unable to, and not sure when the problem started because I always used WiFi and it worked great. I do a lot of messing around, not only with my network, but with my laptop settings also, so something might have gone bunko. I have done much troubleshooitng, such as trying to update drivers, checking to see if the hardware was disabled, etc... And I am out of ideas! Please, anything helps!

A:Ethernet Cable Not Recognized by Laptop, but Wifi is

can we see an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-recognized-by-laptop-but-wifi-is.1059231/
Relevancy 65.79%

hi, here's my situation:

i used my laptop since morning 10am and in the afternoon i fell asleep beside it, meant to leave it's power on so it could finish my downloads but when i woke up at 3pm, the lan connection was disconnected. the wifi connection works, and it is what im using now, although i want to fix this problem since my laptop tends to disconnect from the wifi if heated up too much

i tried the following

adjusting and reconnecting the ethernet cable
switching cat5e cables to a previously working one
troubleshooting
restarting laptop
enabling and disabling the network adapter
checked if the drivers are up to date
switched and used a cable that was working for the desktop
connected the laptop directly to the modem(surprisingly, the modem detected that there was a port it was connected to)
system restore

help is very much appreciated

A:Ethernet cable connection not detected by laptop

with the PC connected by cable only - can we see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if the above does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW and the X keys together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

once you are in device manager then

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

to do that:
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-connection-not-detected-by-laptop.1076674/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

The little icon on the bottom right corner pc says internet access but i cant connect at all. The modem is connected to the router. I set up the wireless connection and no internet access on my wireless tablet. Sometimes the little right corner pc shows limited connectivity. Any idea whats wrong? It was fine a few hours ago.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40504-laptop-connected-ethernet-cable-but-cant-access.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all I really hope someone can help me with this before my head implodes I ve had dial-up for years but AOL said they could give me a broadband-quality internet service with a Speedtouch wireless router and an ethernet cable They sent the equipment through I set it up on one laptop at home and it worked fine - miraculous in fact really fast So then I tried to set it up on my partner s laptop Ran the installation software and it got to the point where you connect to connect Trying router via laptop to cable! Ethernet the laptop an Advent to the router and it said it couldn t connect Trying to connect laptop to router via Ethernet cable! The ethernet cable was securely plugged in at both ends but no ethernet light was displaying on the router I called Trying to connect laptop to router via Ethernet cable! AOL and they went through everything - the laptop has an ethernet card and the netware - sorry I really am a total beginner seemed OK ie didn t have any little crosses or question marks beside it when we looked at in in quot systems information quot So the AOL guy said I might need a new ethernet card But I don t see how that s the problem if there s already one in there and it seems to be functional I ll probably go try to buy an ethernet card but this has already cost me quite a bit mostly in phone calls to AOL and I was wondering Trying to connect laptop to router via Ethernet cable! if anyone has any ideas or can confirm that buying the new card is my best option I really appreciate any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

So about months ago my internet got shut off for a Need connecting with laptop cable to help ethernet using desktop few days I was still able to connect to an open wifi from my house I then connected my laptop to my desktop using an Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable ethernet cable On the laptop all I had to do was go into the adapter properties and select to share the connection Everything worked perfectly Fast forward to now - the desktop refuses to connect to the laptop Same open wifi same laptop same desktop same ethernet cable but I get no connection It just says quot identifying quot forever and then sometimes the laptop gets an error about computers with the same IP address I tried the bridging method it did not work It shows I am both sending and receiving bytes on the desktop but it says quot no network connection quot and I can't do anything It's getting very frustrating to the point of kicking my beloved desktop to pieces Can anyone help

A:Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable

No solution but a question, are you using a Straight-through or Cross-over Ethernet cable? For direct connection you need the Cross-over. You can use a Switch with Straight-through cables.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66049-need-help-connecting-laptop-desktop-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 65.79%

my year old Dell Studio laptop connects fine via wireless to home router and internet but I cannot connect through the ethernet cable I've done the troubleshooting disabled enabled the network adapter updated the drivers I'm using an ethernet cable which normally connects an XP so I know the cable's fine Device Manager says the Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is working properly I found the Receive Side Scaling value Enabled so I Disabled that Shut off radio for wireless to I ethernet laptop through internet cable? connect How the do Centrino adapter Disabled wireless adapter too Restarted not only the laptop but also did a shutdown How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? then restart of the entire FIOS with Asus Access Point home network with all devices shut How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? down Checked BIOS setting didn't see any setting Disabled that appeared like the ethernet controller Can't do system restore I did a Repair installation of windows Home Premium last week but even before then the System Restore failed every time I've never been successful at getting a system restore to work on any XP or pc I've tried it on even though it's enabled and purports to work The laptop had been connected primarily maybe even exclusively via the wireless for years so I quot m not even sure the ethernet has ever been connected before I'd hate to buy a new ethernet controller card if i don't have to only to have the problem be software Any ideas thanks

A:How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable?

I'd say, inspect the ethernet port on the laptop for bent contact pins. Just for grins and giggles, try another cable. Try attaching the laptop to ANY other network via ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305552-how-do-i-connect-laptop-internet-through-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My cable modem and laptop will not recognize each other when connected using an ethernet cable. (I know the modem does work using an ethernet cable...this is how it was connected to my desktop pc) I have been able to connect via the usb port, but I would like to use the ethernet connection if possible.

I have a Gateway running XP sp2

A:Laptop will not recognize ethernet connection to cable modem

If you know the modem works with an Ethernet connection to the desktop, and the same cable and port are being used when trying it on the laptop, and the laptop fails, it is a problem with the laptop.

Is the network adapter enabled?
Have you tried known working Ethernet network adapter?
Since it works with a USB adapter, you at least know there isn't a TCP/IP or Winsock problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-recognize-ethernet-connection-to-cable-modem.564361/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi i have a compaq laptop and for some reason my laptop doesnt connect to my router and internet wirelessly it can only connect successfully through an ethernet cable. When trying to connect wirelessly i am getting a local only connection. Any ideas??

Thanks. Lee.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi First post and borderline PC illiterate so sorry if I m slow I ve just gotten myself a shiny new PC that runs on windows and suprise suprise it s having network trouble My router is a Netgear DG GT which is non compatable with wirelessly as far as I can tell I can plug the PC directly into the router via the ethernet cable and that works but with my wireless dongle it won t even detect any networks and they re all g so it should pick them up The router is in the living room connected to my stepdad s desktop running XP so I m in my room trying to use the ethernet cable to connect my new cable laptop vista to Ethernet Getting internet via Win7 PC to my vista Getting Win7 internet via Ethernet cable to vista laptop laptop which can connect just fine This connects the PC to the network but I still can t get internet on the desktop Is there anything I can do to make this work or is the whole idea stupid Is there a simpler way without moving the router or changing it to a compatible Getting Win7 internet via Ethernet cable to vista laptop one Thanks in advance and sorry if this is meant to be in the Windows board but I ve checked so many windows help sites that I suspect it s more a network problem nbsp

A:Getting Win7 internet via Ethernet cable to vista laptop

Netgear DG834GT which is non compatable with 7 wirelessly as far as I can tellClick to expand...

what makes you think that ?

lets see the following xirrus - first that will tell us if you can detect the wireless signals to start with
Then an image of device manager all can be done while connected to the ethernet cable
and an ipconfig /all - But disconnect the ethernet cable and connect the wireless - save the results and then reconnect via cable and post back here

Is the wireless secure - do you get asked to enter a key - if so are you sure the key is correct
it would be worth deleting the profiles and try again

all details below
anything you are not sure of post back and we will explain further
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7

are there any ! ? or X

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network a... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-win7-internet-via-ethernet-cable-to-vista-laptop.959654/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my laptop wasn't recognizing my internet. When it stopped working I could see my connection through the network access, but it always failed to connect and the troubleshooter told me to restart my router. After trying a few times, shutting down and restarting my computer, doing a system restore, and a factory reset twice, I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable. However, now my laptop can't even see that any connections are available.

There are other computer in my house, all they all connect just fine. What should I do?

A:Laptop can't connect to the internet unless it's connected to an Ethernet cable

The laptops internal WIFI card has probably failed. You can get around it by using an external USB wifi adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet-unless-its-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable.210264/
Relevancy 64.5%

hello , i got my laptop back from the repair shop replacing my hard drive.
today i tried to connect it to the internet using ethernet cable , and i have noticed that the ethernet cable is not blinking its lights like it usually do with my desktop pc. And my laptop can't detect it .. how can i fix this problem , my laptop works with this ethernet cable until my laptop hard drive got broken. I currently have windows 7 home premium x32 with 4g ram, quad core and amd a6 vision graphic card

A:Toshiba satellite laptop can't detect internet using ethernet cable

Quote: Originally Posted by yugzyugz

hello , i got my laptop back from the repair shop replacing my hard drive.
today i tried to connect it to the internet using ethernet cable , and i have noticed that the ethernet cable is not blinking its lights like it usually do with my desktop pc. And my laptop can't detect it .. how can i fix this problem , my laptop works with this ethernet cable until my laptop hard drive got broken. I currently have windows 7 home premium x32 with 4g ram, quad core and amd a6 vision graphic card

I've got the same problem also with a Toshiba Satellite. I can't detect any wireless network and cannot connect to ethernet cable since I have my laptop formated.
I think it might be because we don't have the network driver installed, though I don't know how we get that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267277-toshiba-satellite-laptop-cant-detect-internet-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 64.5%

i've ruled out over-heating and drivers are all up to date with no conflicts, apart from that annoying microsoft 6to4 driver that always shows up as a problem

virus/worms/spyware seem clean too, any suggestions?

A:Laptop rebooting randomly when connected to internet via Ethernet cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-rebooting-randomly-when-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.904133/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop and I'm having issues with freezes on it. Whenever I let my laptop go into screensaver mode for a couple hours with the ethernet cable plugged my laptop freezes, I can't wake it - causing me to hard reboot it holding the power off for 5-10 seconds and rebooting it. Whenever my ethernet cable is not plugged in and goes into screensaver mode for 2+ hours I am able to wake my computer up - wireless connection. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574402/sony-vaio-windows-7-laptop-freezes-w-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok so I've been at this all day with no solution to my problem My set up & Ethernet Live Dongle Connecting using USB Xbox to Cable, Laptop is USB dongle Huawei e in my laptop connected to GiffGaff-which runs on o network Xbox Connected to laptop via Ethernet Then I'm sharing the USB internet with the Ethernet using ICS The problem I've having is that the Ethernet is taking a long Connecting to Xbox Live using Ethernet Cable, Laptop & USB Dongle time to identify and then returns a state of 'unidentified network' when I try and connect laptop to the Xbox I had been connecting to Xbox Live for months tethering from my android and bridging connections without problems until my phone Connecting to Xbox Live using Ethernet Cable, Laptop & USB Dongle provider blocked tethering Anybody any ideas what the problem might be Here is my ipconfig from cmd PPP adapter giffgaff Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ab e e acfe Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap CEC - - FDB-BEB -B B E DB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fb cc a f Link-local IPv Address fe cc a f Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap B B E- - A -BB C-A C DB B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - C - B-B AE- B FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B EC - - FF-A D-DEEC E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FC - ABE- A - CC- CF A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix

A:Connecting to Xbox Live using Ethernet Cable, Laptop & USB Dongle

is the xbox connected using a straight CAT5 cable that you would use for a router? If so, when going from machine to machine you need a crossover CAT5 cable or a CAT5 crossover adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206362-connecting-xbox-live-using-ethernet-cable-laptop-usb-dongle.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I am new here and I need help I can normally figure out things for myself but this problem has got me stumped I have an issue with the modem s I am using My network has a modem from AT amp T uverse with a Cisco router connected to it through a wired connection and everything in the house connected wirelessly to it except my desktop Yesterday I was disconnected from the Internet but all the lights on the modem were still green I lost both wired and wireless connection I tried the normal reset of the modem and it didn't help All lights green No internet connection So I tried to connect to the wireless signal from the modem and I was able to connect to the Internet So logic would dictate that if the wireless signal in the modem works and anything connected wireless does. connections Wired work doesn't from but modem through wires wireless router desktop doesn't then the modem would be bad So I just happen to have another modem exact same make and model Wired connections from modem doesn't work but wireless does. I connect it thinking this would surely fix the problem and it's the same problem nothing is changed Wireless works wired doesn't So now I'm stumped I don't know what else it could be It might be possible both modems are bad and have the Wired connections from modem doesn't work but wireless does. same problem since it's the same brand and model but I want to explore all possibilities before I call AT amp T and deal with their Wired connections from modem doesn't work but wireless does. lousy service

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380425-wired-connections-modem-doesnt-work-but-wireless-does.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Folks I m really hoping that you ll be able to help me out here I ve been trying to sort this out for a few weeks now should have asked for help earlier I know The set up I have is a Toshiba Satellite A running XP Media Center Edition and an router to but Problems via and usb modem laptop Solved: ethernet cable connecting ok HP Pavillon Desktop also running XP Media Center Edition I have a cable modem which is a Castlenet CBV E and a router which is an Encore Electronics Wireless Broadband Router All was working brilliantly for months until a number of things happened The laptop got a couple of trojans and generally annoying malware on it and the broadband speed was upgraded to Mbps I m in Gozo Malta that s good for here Since then the desktop will connect fine through the modem and through the router although Solved: Problems connecting laptop to modem and router via ethernet cable but usb ok through the router the speed drop by about but that s another issue but I Solved: Problems connecting laptop to modem and router via ethernet cable but usb ok can only get a stable connection for the laptop by plugging it into the modem via usb If I connect the laptop to the router by wire or wirelessly then the speed drops to kb s download speed kb s upload speed and the pings rise to ms just tested on speedtest net If I leave the connection then the speeds will decrease until pages do not load at all and the pings rise to the s ms This can take from a couple of hours to minutes If I turn everything off leave it off for a few minutes and start it all back up again the connection returns at a useable level for a little while then degrades If I take the laptop off the router the desktop has a stable connection straight away I have run many virus scans and ad-aware malware programs but I m sure that the laptop is clear now As I said the laptop gets a great connection through usb to modem I ve downloaded and installed new drivers for both cards on the laptop changed network cables bought a new router just in case and the problem is still there I realise that I ve probably left out lots of information that you might need If any one can help please do Many thanks x nbsp

A:Solved: Problems connecting laptop to modem and router via ethernet cable but usb ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-connecting-laptop-to-modem-and-router-via-ethernet-cable-but-usb-ok.601282/
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 63.64%

My work laptop got hit with some malware. Our computer tech reinstalled the operating system.

I've brought it home to do some work but now cannot connect to my wireless at home.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Wireless Laptop is not recognizing any wireless connections

If you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on?

Any warnings or errors in Device Manager? Does the wireless adapter show under Network Adapters?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-is-not-recognizing-any-wireless-connections.882688/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey would just like to say hello to everyone as this is ethernet not work wireless Internet will or using my first post here im a new guy Hopefully you guys can help resolve a problem thats been racking my brain for over days A few days ago i was happily working away in Fruity Loops im a producer and suddenly i wasnt Internet will not work using ethernet or wireless allowed into my folders then shortly after i lost the use of my usb keyboard and usb mouse As a course of action i shut down my system disconnected my internet disconnectted my mouse and keyboard and borrow a friends mouse and keyboard to go straight into the motherboard ports and booted up widnows again as soon as it started i put on multiple virus and spyware scans and got rid of anything that looked suspicious rebooted and i had Internet will not work using ethernet or wireless access to my folders again i got onto another pc the one im on now and downloaded the driver for m y usb mouse and set the HID in services back to automatic thus giving me back my mouse and keyboard but My internet will not connect in my netowrk connections the ethernet is shown to be connected but it will not initialize the start up process of the internet connection nor will the ethernet register as being present in the Virgin Media Broadband software when it asks to connect the ethernet or wireless adapter After a while i decided to try and get the wireless going on my machine so i could access the internet voia that thus proving my initial theory that my on board ethernet was faulty the wireless behaved in the same manner only this time when i tried the virgin media software it worked and recognised the dongle was present i then put in my pass and it would say not connected so it would gain connection to the wireless router but not the internet so its the same overall conclusion as the ethernet Router - NETGEAR Wireless G Router WGR v Modem - Virgin Media Tradename Ambit E C Ethernet - ABIT KV- REV Onboard VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Wireless Dongle - LM Technologies g Wireless G USB Network Adapter Any suggestions nbsp

A:Internet will not work using ethernet or wireless

Reset/Reload your router settings, connect to it using wireless (no key), release and renew DHCP on WAN port and see if you can get online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-will-not-work-using-ethernet-or-wireless.872803/
Relevancy 63.64%

My desktop computer connects to my internet just fine via Ethernet cable but neither my iPhone nor laptop can connect to the WiFi. They were both connected just fine last night but today they will not work wirelessly. My laptop also connects perfectly when I use an Ethernet cable

A:Ethernet cables work but not wireless

Try setting your Router back to factory default.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2110924_reset-back-factory-default-settings.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cables-work-but-not-wireless.1058520/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've been having some problems with my ethernet for the past few days. The computers hooked up to wireless routers are fine, so it's not a problem within the computer. However, when I hook up an ethernet cable to the modem, there's a "limited to no connectivity" message on my computer, and when i click to repair it mentions something about the IP adress. My Xbox 360, which is also dependent with the ethernet cable, says basically the same thing when i run tests on that. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I got a new xps - days ago The wireless does not work and ever - 15 9550; ethernet xps work / wireless does not new brand since I ve been trying to get it to brand new xps 15 - 9550; wireless / ethernet does not work work I ve done all the suggestions on the internet disable WMM enable ip flushing via regedit amp flush ip winsock disable power saving on the wireless card disable netbios add new protocol reliable multicast none of them helped I then purchased the usb-c adapter and tried the ethernet but it does not even recognize there is an ethernet connection I then tried the wireless bios brand new xps 15 - 9550; wireless / ethernet does not work and thunderbolt driver updates on the dell website sent them using my macbook via bluetooth but they didn t help either When I try win troubleshooting it says quot one or more network protocols are missing on this computer quot Please help I m about to lose my mind it s been days BREAKTHROUGH I can browse the internet perfectly fine over a hotspot from my OnePlus GHz band Not sure what this means but at least I know it s not a hardware problem

A:brand new xps 15 - 9550; wireless / ethernet does not work

If the system came with a copy of the malware known as McAfee Live Safe, uninstall it and let WIndows defender activate.  Then reboot and I'll bet you have network connections once again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990798
Relevancy 62.78%

Nada nothing doesn't see any networks even though my other windows laptop connects just fine Did a clean install and everything else work xpsm1530 on but ethernet dell No wireless seems altogether peachy Any ideas suggestions Quote I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce M GT I O Port x C - x DF No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Memory Address xFFC - xFFDFFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xFFC - xFFDFFFFF Motherboard resources IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ High Definition Audio Controller IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Memory Address xF - xF FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M GT Memory Address xF - xF FFFFFF Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A I O Port x C - x DF System board I No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work O Port x C - x DF Intel R ICH Family SMBus Controller - E IRQ Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller IRQ NVIDIA GeForce M GT IRQ Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - F IRQ Ricoh OHCI Compliant Host Controller IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R HEM HBM SATA AHCI Controller IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M GT Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A IRQ Ricoh Memory Stick Controller IRQ SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller IRQ Ricoh SD MMC Host Controller IRQ Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M GT Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce M GT I O Port x B - x BB Mobile Intel R PM GM GL Express PCI Express Root Port - A Memory Address xFED C - xFED FFFF PCI bus Memory Address xFED C - xFED FFFF Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model XPS M System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:No wireless on dell xpsm1530 but ethernet work

You did check the switch on the right side of the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12417-no-wireless-dell-xpsm1530-but-ethernet-work.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Belkin G wireless router connected to an Arris modem (Comcast).
I am trying to connect a laptop and an android phone. There is also a PC connected to the wireless router via an ethernet cable.

When the PC is connected, the speed of the wireless connection drops significantly.
From my phone speedtest shows ping 13ms, 27.75 down and 24.18 up when the PC is not connected. When the PC is connected, speedtest shows ping 20ms, 0.2 down, and 0.1 up (if the connection doesn't time out.)

It seems the ethernet connection is taking nearly all the bandwidth and the wireless devices just won't work. How can I give equal bandwidth to the wired and wireless connections?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I recently bought a Asus WL- ge storage router It s got a built in hard work plugged when not internet is Wireless Ethernet will in drive and that s all I m using it for the storage I already have a wireless network setup in my home which my XP PC connects happily to The problem is when I connect my new Asus box via Ethernet to my PC web pages stop loading I don t loose the connection and windows say s both Wireless internet will not work when Ethernet is plugged in connections are happy When I unplug the Ethernet I can once again access the internet I think it might have something to do with the IP addresses of the devices or a setting I ve missed in the configuration of the Asus router although I ve tried just about every combination of static and dynamic addresses on my PC and the Asus box If anyone can help it would be really great One of the main reason I bought this device was so I could download large files from the web directly to it obviously right now that s impossible Thanks in advance Cameron nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I have a linksys wireless router and reset the router and changed my wirless passwords today. In one of my laptops, I was able to change the password for the new ssid and connect to it. In my other laptop, it is now showing any networks in the available network list. My wireless tries to connect to the ssid, and since the password is incorrect is not able to connect. I am totally unable to change password because I am unable to see any thing in the available network list. Can you help me please?

A:Issue with laptop wireless connections

Are you sure the wireless is turned on? Most laptops have a switch or function key to enable the wireless capability.

Let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-laptop-wireless-connections.641118/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Laptop detects not all available wireless connections and at the same time on existing connection is very poor signal strength I make this announce when I compared my and my friend laptop wireless detects wireless available connections all not Laptop connections his laptop detects more than ten available connections when my ASUS K VD with quot Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter quot finds just two no more and both are on very poor signals I have to be in the same room where is Laptop detects not all available wireless connections rooter if I Laptop detects not all available wireless connections want to use the Internet and as for my friends they can use same wireless connection all above the house I tried to re-install all network drivers on my Laptop use programs like Xirrus Wi-Fi inspector but also no more than two available connections with poor signal strengt More details on the same rooter where tested four laptops all new bought on three of them except mine worked perfect with wireless connections finds more than ten available from neighbors and with strong full signal on our rooter I bought my laptop on with Windows installed already Please help to find and fix my wireless issue Thanks Darvydas nbsp

A:Laptop detects not all available wireless connections

use programs like Xirrus Wi-Fi inspector, Click to expand...

can we see a screen shot
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR

Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-detects-not-all-available-wireless-connections.1068583/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just bought my friends laptop and have i'm using awireless router to connect the laptop to but there are all these other wireless connections on the laptop. I just want mine to show up. I don't need all the other connection on the laptop. I go to view other networks and see at least 5 connection on the list. How can i delete the ones that are not mine. I'm running windows XP on a hp laptop DV9000. Can anyone help me........Please.......

A:deleting other wireless connections on laptop.

If you are talking about profiles stored by your wireless utility just delete (remove) the ones you don't want.

But it sounds like you are talking about other wireless networks close enough that you can detect them. Maybe you are even in an apartment building or other close quarters. The fix is to move away; find a place with no other residence or business within 1/4 mile. At least, none that use Wi-Fi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-other-wireless-connections-on-laptop.786336/
Relevancy 62.35%

A month or so ago my laptop crashed and I (probably stupidly) used the disc that came with it to reinstall Windows 7.

My laptop is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable - I also have a wireless network which I used to use all the time but now when I go into 'available connections' now the connection it doesn't show up - nor do any of the other wireless networks in the immediate vicinity that used to show up.

How can I make them visible again?

Please help!

Thanks

Angie

A:Help! Laptop not picking up wireless connections

can we see a device manager screen shot and ipconfig /all

Device Manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

windows 7
are there any ! ? or X

1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR

ipconfig /all

to do that:
Next

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-not-picking-up-wireless-connections.1067064/