Windows Support Forum

Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Q: Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 84.71%

I ve got a yr old toshiba laptop that gets plenty of use daily Wife kids everybody uses and abuses this old guy Anyway the other day the screen dimmed slightly It s almost like looking at bending fixes it temporarily dims, laptop screen bit colors instead of bit My first thought was that someone changed the resolution or something My wife told my she fixed it by squeezing the corners of the screen It really works temporarily Right now I m dimmed but if I push on the frame of the screen in the top center on the corners or in the bottom center the screen temporarily fixes itself Sometimes the scree actually needs to be flexed to get it fixed If I hold the laptop screen dims, bending fixes it temporarily top corners and pull and push toward the center with my thumbs it might fix it I m laptop screen dims, bending fixes it temporarily assuming there s a bad connection somewhere but I have extremely limited experience with laptop repair Can anyone tell me if this is worth taking the cover off for I also know that flexing the screen is not laptop screen dims, bending fixes it temporarily a good idea but its the only idea at the moment nbsp

A:laptop screen dims, bending fixes it temporarily

My initial thought would be that the screen inverter is on its way out, I had a similar problem (from what you describe) with my old Fujitsu Seimens laptop.

These are usually fairly easy to replace. What model of Toshiba laptop is it?

Heres a couple of online guides that might help to point you in the right direction.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaA3/remove_laptop_LCD_screen.htm
http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_toshiba.html

The inverter is normally located inside the screen housing and should be fairly easy to access. Probably just requiring you to take the plastic frame off around the screen, you may even be lucky enough that it has just become loose.

They can be bought fairly easily online if you know what you are looking for. Google will help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-dims-bending-fixes-it-temporarily.815001/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, im trying to use a picture and make it a letter...anyone know how i can do this?

Please help

Relevancy 55.9%

I have attached the .zip file required and my pc goes to a blue screen whenever i put it to sleep mode.

Is Vista . . .
- x86 (32-bit)
- the original installed OS is on my system
- an OEM (Purchased laptop from retailer with vista already installed)

- 4 Years old, never re-installed

A:Blue Screen after Laptop put to Sleep

The problem is caused by this driver
kusbusbytcpmasterbus.sys - What is the kusbusbytcpmasterbus.sys ?
Make a system restore point and then
Either update the driver
or
Uninstall the related software.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296264-blue-screen-after-laptop-put-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently purchased a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ The online manual for the laptop recommend that you use the quot Sleep quot mode when the computer is not in use and that you only turn it off if installing new hardware etc So we put the laptop to quot Sleep quot each time we re finished with it In the weeks that I ve had the laptop I ve noticed several possibly related issues One time when I quot woke quot the computer up the resolution was reset to the lowest grade all on its own This has happened once Most times when I m using it after quot waking quot the computer up the screen will show the desktop then it will momentarily go blank blank screen sleep after laptop and then come back to life Today I quot woke quot up the computer and I could tell that the harddrive was running the lights were on and I could hear it whirring but the screen was blank I put the computer to sleep closing the lid and woke it up again a few times but nothing changed - the screen was still blank I ended up holding down the power button to force the computer to reboot I hate doing that but it did the trick Is this laptop screen blank after sleep a common problem with this laptop Or could it be Vista related Or should I just avoid using quot Sleep quot altogether Thanks nbsp

A:laptop screen blank after sleep

You don't really need to use "sleep". There's absolutely nothing wrong with shutting down your PC. And I don't know about Vista, but in XP, the "sleep" function is often buggy, so I don't use it.

I just leave my laptop always on and use the power management functions so that the screen turns off after 30 minutes, but that's it. I do however need it to work pretty much 24/7, so I might not be the best example.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-blank-after-sleep.714376/
Relevancy 55.04%

I know I'm new here so thanks for taking the chance to read this

I put my laptop in sleep mode before leaving to starbucks.
I open my laptop and press the power button
The internal fans start turning as well as the disc drive, but the screen remains blank.

I have heard that Windows 7 has multiple issues with the sleep mode, and I'm pretty sure laptop is now stuck in hybrid sleep??

Also, I noticed that there is a hotfix for this provided by microsoft, but I would have no way to use this since my computer cannot get stuck out of this. After Researching this, I heard some people taking out the battery and holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then running it off of a/c power. This too has failed me

Any help would be great,
And Thanks again for reading this post.

A:After Sleep Mode, Laptop powers on but screen does not

Welcome!

Is this a recurring problem, or did it happen once and you still power on the screen?

If you can use the computer, I would recommend updating your graphics drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/60726-after-sleep-mode-laptop-powers-but-screen-does-not.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop screen keeps flickering for like 4-5 minutes when ever i wake my laptop from sleep and on startup it stays on a blue screen for  7-8 minutes before going to login screen. how to i fix this? Please help. 

A:Laptop screen flickers while resuming from sleep.

Hi, Check if you still get these problems if you disable Windows 10 hybrid boot - you can do this as follows. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and shutdown the notebook by right click the Start Menu icon, select Command Prompt (Admin) and click ?Yes? to the uac prompt. Type ( or copy and paste ) in the following command ( including spaces ) and hit enter. shutdown /s /t 0 Start the notebook and let Windows fully load. If this has corrected the issues, it may be worth turning Fast Start-up back on ? sometimes just deleting and re-creating the file will resolve the problem. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-screen-flickers-while-resuming-from-sleep/td-p/5606593
Relevancy 55.04%

My cousin just bought an "Acer Aspire 5100." I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Vista to clean everything up but now the LCD looks scrambled everytime it returns from sleep mode.

What do I need to install to fix this problem? Here is the link for all the drivers:

http://www.acerpanam.com/flex/acerdrivers/bin/drivers.html?CFID=3345376&CFTOKEN=71741811

BTW. How critical is it to install any other drivers that are on the Acer page after the Vista install? Everything seems to work fine on the laptop other than the additional buttons by the mouse.

Thanks,
Jerry

A:Screen scrambled after sleep mode on laptop

Ok... forget the link. Does anyone have any guesses as to what type of driver I should look for to fix this problem? Any help is appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-scrambled-after-sleep-mode-on-laptop.613130/
Relevancy 55.04%

My Dell Latitute E7440 will frequently have a blank screen after going to sleep. When it happens, I can't use the laptop until I turn it off and on, losing all the programs I have open. Two days ago I got a BSOD 9F when trying to wake it up. I don't know that's wrong with the laptop, running WinDBG on the minidump tells me either ntkrnlmp.sys or igdkmd64.sys caused it but I don't have any detail beyond that. Need someone more knowledgeable than I to help me.

A:BSOD 9F - laptop screen won't turn on after sleep

There appears to 2 independent issues here.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88005cac2db, fffff88004308900, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1b22db )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff880`05afa000 fffff880`05f33fe0 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Wed May 08 09:45:19 2013 (51899917)
CheckSum: 00442E25
ImageSize: 00439FE0
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The Intel video driver is outdated. See if an updated driver exists:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

The 0x9 is less clear, but I suspect the issue is the outdated Intel network driver.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, fffffa80036c6040, fffff80000b9a3d0}

Implicit thread is now fffffa80`036c6040
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PnpBugcheckPowerTimeout+76 )

---------
ffff800`00b9a628 fffffa80`0a868000
fffff800`00b9a630 00000014`00000000
fffff800`00b9a638 00000000`00000000
fffff800`00b9a640 fffffa80`07c01f50
fffff800`00b9a648 fffff880`06087787Unable to load image NETwsw02.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwsw02.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwsw02.sys
NETwsw02+0x4787
fffff800`00b9a650 fffffa80`0a47af60
fffff800`00b9a658 fffff880`061e80f8 NETwsw02+0x1650f8
fffff800`00b9a660 fffffa80`0a47af60
fffff800`00b9a668 fffffa80`07bf98b0
fffff800`00b9a670 00000000`00000000
fffff800`00b9a678 fffff880`06087550 NETwsw02+0x4550
fffff800`00b9a680 fffffa80`07bf98b0
fffff800`00b9a688 fffff880`06087787 NETwsw02+0x4787
fffff800`00b9a690 fffffa80`00000000
fffff800`00b9a698 00000000`00000000
fffff800`00b9a6a0 fffffa80`0a47adc0
fffff800`00b9a6a8 fffff880`0609c3a3 NETwsw02+0x193a3
fffff800`00b9a6b0 00000000`00000000
ffff880`06083000 fffff880`063ec000 NETwsw02 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwsw02.sys
Image path: NETwsw02.sys
Image name: NETwsw02.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 28 05:44:36 2013 (51CC9D2C)
CheckSum: 003582CF
ImageSize: 00369000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update the driver from the same site.

In fact, I strongly recommend updating all Intel based drivers from that location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389139-bsod-9f-laptop-screen-wont-turn-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I was just wondering if you can advise on something My new laptop keeps waking itself from sleep in my bag As far as I can tell the screen comes on and does not turn off and the laptop stays on until it runs out of battery about hours This closed for bad - Laptop when screen? from waking sleep causes the screen and laptop in general to get very hot as it is in my bag and Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen? in a laptop sleeve I wondered if it Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen? was bad for the screen to get this hot I know the components can handle it otherwise the laptop would shut down But I am worried about the screen It is the Asus UX LA-R H It has a LCD panel matte non-touch if that makes a difference Windows As for the waking up I think it might have been waking after hours to go in to hibernate so I have turned off hibernation in power settings but I am yet to try this latest change I have no tasks scheduled to wake the laptop all devices bar the keyboard aren't allowed to wake it can't be woken by internet etc What is curious is that it when this happens it does not sleep after minutes or turn off the display after minutes as per my settings Does anyone have any ideas on this Summary - Is this bad for laptop screen elsewhere on the laptop to be on in a closed environment and this hot for hours Any further ideas why it might be turning on and then not sleeping after minutes THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

A:Laptop waking from sleep when closed - bad for screen?

It's definitely not good for the battery. Getting hot in the bag isn't god either. If it was me I would do a full shut down instead of sleep mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65385-laptop-waking-sleep-when-closed-bad-screen.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium, AMD duel core brand new laptop.

The screen flickers wildly when I switch it back on from sleep mode. Everything else works perfectly. They are large green vertical lines of varying shades.

Anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flickering-on-sleep-mode.594244/
Relevancy 55.04%

Configuration Sony vaio VPCEB FG gb ram gb hdd I installed windows pro bit from windows home premium bit only days back My laptop used to go into sleep and dark unresponsive Laptop but sleep. goes screen not to mode for some time after the upgrade Somewhere between different reinstallations see EDIT it started giving me trouble When I put my computer to sleep using the charm bar or the power button my laptop screen goes dark and unresponsive but not Laptop screen goes dark and unresponsive but not to sleep. to sleep I have to eventually do a hard boot to access the computer again Haven't tried safe mode yet I tried looking online for a solution Done the following powercfg -devicequery wake armed used to show keyboard and mouse I unchecked the box quot allow computer to wake quot in device manager for my usb mouse and keyboard I didn't set the same for all usb devices since I was not sure of other devices like quot HID compliant consumer control device quot and such But as of now this command returns quot None quot powercfg -devicequery wake programmable returns some HID devices and ethernet controller powercfg -requests used to return system driver quot srvnet quot quot The device or driver has made a request quot So I did the following - Left the homegroup that windows automatically made for me No homegroups now - Set media sharing streaming to quot Block All quot in network and sharing center - Uninstalled all network adapter drivers and reinstalled updated ones - I tried the quot powercfg requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet System quot but the command line said quot invalid parameter quot - Didn't try setting defrag to manual right now the setting is monthly After all this when I tried the same command it returns None as of now powercfg -lastwake history count shows quot quot powercfg -a shows that S hibernate hybrid and fast startup are available in the system Fast startup is disabled as of now All the other advanced power settings in quot power options quot are set so as to allow the computer to sleep EDIT I had installed windows two times second time due to a virus issue After the first reinstall the sleep mode used to work fine but I don't remember whether the sleep mode has ever worked after the second powercfg -energy gives several errors none of which show srvnet But one of them is this quot Platform Power Management Capabilities PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM Disabled PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer reinstall quot How does this affect my system Not sure since the sleep mode used to work after the first install Stopped working in the second and drivers in both cases were the same Attached -energy report

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-screen-goes-dark-and-unresponsive-but-not-to-sleep-998074.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I put my laptop to sleep and I closed it I then just to check I opened it and well my computer indicator lights turned on, fan started going but screen was blank.

From google I get the idea that you should unplug power and take out battery and hold power button.

Is this correct?

Also no matter what I couldn't get my laptop to shut down by power button so I just let it drain the battery.

So now what?

A:Laptop come out of sleep mode but screen is just black.

Hello SR mate how old is the battery as I have just fixed an (admittedly) old Toshiba that would not power off if the battery was left in and although the battery kept it going but only for a short time it turned out to be the battery was cactus, and was somehow keeping the thing turned on with the power cord in.

So does this happen with the battery out? try taking it out and see what happens.

The Google is right it should drain the power completely after you power off with the Start > off button.

However it does seem to be similar situation to the fix I did.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/269717-laptop-come-out-sleep-mode-but-screen-just-black.html
Relevancy 54.61%

when ever i sleep or hibernate my dell inspiron pc it hangs black screen with very little hdd activity and remains so until i forcibly shutdown with or during hangs screen when black hibernation laptop sleep by pressing power button Ater reboot i am able to go to sleep or hibernation but after a continuous operation of more than mins this error occurs I removed alcohol uninstalled sptd driver and updated all drivers i could find laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen I recently formatted the pc with all win updates installed with sp i have kis security suite all updated laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen Please help Memory diagnostics result all pass SFC scannow did'nt find integrate voilatio also i found these events in administrative log please tell if they have something to do with it Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer RDS-FireBlade Description Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' did not start correctly because CoCreateInstance CLSID UPnPDeviceFinder encountered error ' x ' Verify that the UPnPHost service is running and that the UPnPHost component of Windows is installed properly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service quot Guid quot A DC C - A- FB -BB - B AEBED C quot EventSourceName quot WMPNetworkSvc quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt RDS-FireBlade lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ServiceName quot gt WMPNetworkSvc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer RDS-FireBlade Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt RDS-FireBlade lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer RDS-FireBlade Description WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig quot Guid quot D DD- - - -D BE D D DE quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - ... Read more

A:laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen

Hello rajdeepak and welcome if you feel it might be a memory issue and want to do a thorough memory test mate use memtest you need to make a bootable disk for it set the BIOS to boot from optical and let it run.

This app does take a fair while to run and you should do at least seven passes. Sometimes you may find errors fairly quickly. This doesn't involve the OS by the way.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270195-laptop-hangs-when-during-sleep-hibernation-black-screen.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Using a Dell Inspiron 15 N5050 Laptop (Product Support | Dell US )

I've been running Windows 10 without an issue for around 6 months now. After a recent update (Thursday), now when I boot up my computer from shutdown/restart I get a black screen. I can hear the sounds. To remedy this, I close the lid and wait for the fans to go off (Sleep). When I open it again, the screen is displayed without a problem.

I had a look at possible remedies and came across this following microsoft QA:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=1&auth=1

I therefore turned off fast startup and still didn't rectify the problem. I checked for updates and confirm that BIOS and all drivers are up-to-date.

It's clearly something to do with display drivers. In device manager, my display driver is: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (ver: 9.17.10.4229).

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to try next?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53878-black-screen-death-startup-but-not-sleep-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Edit

Disregard this post. I am an idiot. I was too scared to add pressure to ram stick and didn't have it in all the way.

A:Black Screen After Removing Ram on Laptop in Sleep Mode

Been there, done that!!!
Thanks for letting us know!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279319-black-screen-after-removing-ram-laptop-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys !
Since i'm new here, i just hope i've wrote this 1st post in terms !

The problem started few days ago and i don't know how to fix it.
The laptop keeps coming from sleep mode giving a blue screen error. Unfortunately i haven't thought of making a screen shot of the error itself, but i've used the SF Diagnostic Tool and upload it here.

Hopefully you may help me figure out what causes the BSOD and maybe a way to fix it.
Thanks in advance !

Best regards,
Alex Milotin

A:Blue Screen error while laptop is in sleep mode.

Hi AlexMilotin.

Download and install Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program dated 2013/11/26 from Realtek.

Disable Bluetooth.

Let us know the results.

It it BSODs again, be sure to upload your MSINFO32.nfo file alongwith other files.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8004016280, fffff80000b9c3d0}

Implicit thread is now fffffa80`04016280
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSwapContext+7a )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 0000000000000258, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa8004016280, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff80000b9c3d0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7

Debugging Details:
------------------

Implicit thread is now fffffa80`04016280

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 4

FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8004016280

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e755f2 to fffff80002e82a8a

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0ad6d440 fffff800`02e755f2 : fffffa80`04016280 fffffa80`04016280 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`0ad6d580 fffff800`02e820ea : fffff880`0ad6d7b0 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`00000000 00000000`00f731a8 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`0ad6d610 fffff800`030eb804 : 00000000`00000003 fffff880`0ad6d928 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000000 : nt!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+0x272
fffff880`0ad6d8d0 fffff800`03221df9 : fffff880`0ba39920 fffffa80`03ce2660 fffff8a0`035cf4e0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PnpNotifyUserMode+0x158
fffff880`0ad6d950 fffff800`032fc9b0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`035cf4e0 fffff8a0`035cf4e0 : nt!PnpNotifyUserModeDeviceRemoval+0x49
fffff880`0ad6d9a0 fffff800`032fd53c : fffff880`0ad6db78 fffffa80`03e59700 fffffa80`04016200 fffffa80`00000000 : nt!PnpProcessQueryRemoveAndEject+0x700
fffff880`0ad6dae0 fffff800`031e673e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03e59780 fffff8a0`035cf4e0 fffff880`0ad6db00 : nt!PnpProcessTargetDeviceEvent+0x4c
fffff880`0ad6db10 fffff800`02e89261 : fffff800`030eaf88 fffff8a0`035cf4e0 fffff800`030252d8 fffffa80`04016280 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x54d9b
fffff880`0ad6db70 fffff800`0311c2ea : fffffa80`06f9... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314277-blue-screen-error-while-laptop-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Last night I was using my laptop to get some last minute work done As I opened a new document the power randomly went out and came back on one minute later After that I finished up what I was doing and went to bed About hours later Laptop sleep screen mode. when from black resuming I woke up and heard a Laptop black screen when resuming from sleep mode. ringing sound but I just thought my ears were ringing As I got dressed the ringing persisted As I needed to do something on the laptop I flipped the screen open Not only was the charger on its an igo green adapter it usually shuts off when the laptop is off the wifi light and hard drive light were solid When I pressed a key on the keyboard nothing happened Not even using the trackpad would wake the thing up Then I noticed that it was the laptop making the ringing As nothing would work I pressed and held the power button Laptop black screen when resuming from sleep mode. until it turned off It Laptop black screen when resuming from sleep mode. started up and I am using it to type this When I put it to sleep again will the same thing happen And what caused it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-black-screen-when-resuming-from-sleep-mode.1089300/
Relevancy 53.75%

okay I have a ASUS G72GX Republic of Gamers Laptop.

I can be browsing the web watching a movie or even playing World of Warcraft and this thing will either go into sleep mode or the screen will go blank like 2 to 3 times my keyboard lights will switch off as well. I have to move my mouse or hit any key to get the screen to come back. I have done EVERYTHING Iknow of to stop this EVERY thing in the Power settings is turned off This shouldn't be happening at all... I do not know what to do lol it is driving me crazy... Please some one give me some intel on what could be the problem...

A:Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

DX file

DXDIAG File

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-goes-into-random-sleep-modes-or-screen-goes-blank-randomly.152323/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi AllAfter deep sleep mode i reboot laptop and see the Lenovo ligo and turning dots.nothing hapoens after this. I just get a blank or dark screen. As i am not a computer expert i need a simple explanation to a solution. thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-carbon-laptop-Dark-screen-after-deep-sleep-mode/td-p/3357608
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I have a new Toshiba C -C Laptop returning Blue Toshiba Laptop Sleep Mode on - from Screen which came pre-loaded with Windows See Specs I clean installed Windows last weekend All went very well I just started loading programs this weekend I started noticing the blue screen stops yesterday These happen coming out of Sleep I probably never would have noticed these before because I was not leaving the machine alone long enough for it to go into Sleep So unfortunately I do not have a good idea when the behavior started - from the beginning Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop or after some software installation Here are my reports SCULLY-Sun zip It would be great if anyone could Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop point out an offending program or driver Blue screens are mostly quot Kernal Data Inpage Error quot and the more serious quot Critical Process Died quot both I understand to be processor related I did not have the presence of mind to test or check any of this early on But I do have images of the original factory installation and of the fresh clean install before any customization or software installs I do not believe that I ever tried Sleep Mode on the original factory installation The stops happen very consistently when on battery power less so when plugged in For a while I thought they did not occur when plugged in - this was not the case They seem to be more consistent when manually going into sleep not so much when it goes into sleep from Power Settings All of the drivers in the clean install were the same as the drivers in the factory installation at the time I finished I did not turn off automatic driver update for a few days I will check the driver list for changes later Software installed in order Avast Firefox Office H amp S Nitro Reader VLC bit Handy Address Book a prog I've been using for years Malwarebytes CCleaner never run and Winamp I am thinking of restoring the clean install image today start over Just to see if the behavior started then Let me know if you need more info And thanks

A:Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

Hi TV2,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are multiple causes of the crashes,
Please start with following

Please remove Avast the standard way and follow the uninstall instructions to remove traces.Please uninstall Malwarebytes and install it again. If you have a license for malwarebytes please note it before removing Malwarebytes, after using the uninstall utility there is no trace from Malwarebytes left.

If you get any new bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20094-blue-screen-returning-sleep-mode-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I recently purchased a new 12 cell battery for my HP dv-1659us laptop. I never have my laptop plugged in now days...as opposed to always having my laptop plugged in, becaues the HP OEM battery sucked. (So i couldn't tell you if it was the battery's problem.)

But, now, whenever I'm unplugged, ever so often, usually when im on Youtube, my laptop automatically goes to sleep and turns off the HD. I have to press my power key to wake it up..log back in..and my applications/ youtube video resumes. I checked my power management, put it to sleep at around 30 minutes, so I know that its not sleeping because I'm "inactive". Anyone know what might be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flashes-and-constant-sleep-after-purchasing-new-battery.859559/
Relevancy 52.89%

i disconnect the HDMI cable from my Asus laptop and put the laptop on sleep ....and when i want to resume the screen goes blue or black if i do it immediately
it happens every time i have to cut out the power and turn it on so that it works again.
Can anyone help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a184f10-7140-4b8d-88de-a22c1b486974/i-get-blue-screen-when-i-want-to-turn-on-my-laptop-after-ive-put-it-on-sleep-mode-and-after-i?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro A yrs old Intel core CPU GHz GB RAM sleep and Laptop resuming to from sleep Hanging going issue, with Vista Business SP Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep bit and Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep often when I put it to sleep it will hang or crash on resume forcing me to to do a hard shut down Sometimes the screen will just be totally black and hang and sometimes it will get to vista's quot resuming quot splash screen or even the login screen Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep and then hang crash Often the disk activity LED will remain on indefinitely due to the hang even though I can't hear any disk activity As far as I'm aware all my drivers are up to date I'm just so fed up with loosing documents and personal settings now I've got to do something about it and from googling it seems this is a pretty widespread problem but I've not come across a solution that's worked for me - I've even installed the extra KB patch that was meant to fix it Also sometimes when I put it to sleep fully charged and not use it for a a few hours I find that the laptop has lost power during sleep because the battery has been run flat and the ventilation grille feels warm even though I know that the battery can normally last much much longer on sleep Is it possible that the computer resumed itself from sleep to hibernate after mins on battery as my power settings dictate and then crashed whilst resuming causing it to drain itself flat since it my laptop should have entered automatic hibernation on the critical battery warning unless it was unable to respond Is this a power setting problem I have hybrid hibernation turned off since I still lost my documents in the past with it on I tend to find that sleep goes wrong the most when I'm on the move and regularly changing power supplies from mains to battery I often unplug the laptop from the mains as it is entering sleep mode as I pack the laptop away or plug into mains during resume I had the laptop on mains without switching to battery all last week as I stayed at home and sleep was never failed once As soon as I was on the move and started switching supplies again this week sleep instantly failed twice in two days Also I've noticed it's unreliable when I remove or add a usb device i e usb mouse I've noticed that in Event Viewer that every time that resume hangs and I have to manually shut down and boot the laptop up again there's an unexpected shut down logged but prior to resuming and not at the time I manually forced the shut down --- hung on resume --- Put to sleep at PM Resumed at PM then hard shut down But unexpected shut down logged prior to this at PM EventData D C D C C B F --- battery ran flat after sleep ventilation grille still warm on resume --- Put to sleep at PM Resumed at PM then hard shut down But unexpected shut down logged prior to this at PM EventData D B D B C B CDA See attachment for more details Sorry for all the details but hopefully that'll help getting to the right solution faster Thanks very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-issue-hanging-going-to-and-resuming-from-sleep-350149.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason, my 'sleep' has stopped working - either from the sleep button, or on the Start button option.
Now it just goes to the user login screen.
Has always worked perefctly until today.
Weird. Any ideas?

A:Sleep doesn't sleep anymore - just goes to login screen

imaken

You might want to try the same tutorial as last time Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18803-sleep-doesnt-sleep-anymore-just-goes-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

About weeks ago i started having sleep issues It used to work perfect for over a year I other sleep sleep, screen Blank issues after and figured something went wrong and couldnt get sleep to work consistently Thought a reinstall might fix it Now on the new install about a week I am still having issues Sometimes the computer will wake in the middle of the night around am and other random times Also sometimes the Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues computer powers up when coming out of sleep but monitor doesnt come on I Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues installed the updated drivers for mobo video card And disabled the network from being able to wake the computer something I actually want on I also tested with stock speeds on mobo cpu Same issues have also tried stock with increased voltages No luck What should i do its driving me crazy I remember seeing a way to see a log of what caused computer to come out of sleep Since I just reminded myself I will go and check all connections inside computer

A:Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues

hi!
try this link it should help to explain

Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/86516-blank-screen-after-sleep-other-sleep-issues.html
Relevancy 46.87%

The problem is that when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes black, and that's it. The fan is still running, all the lights are on. The thing is, when I turn off wifi, the laptop sleeps fine, with the power light turning orange and pulsating, and the fan off.

Earlier I found a page with the so called fix for this which was to change the advanced power option "Prevent idling to sleep" in "When sharing files" to "Allow computer to sleep." This fixed my problem, but it came back after a while, probably due to going off and on wifi, and plugging and unplugging.

I need to get the laptop to sleep properly even when on wifi and sharing media.

A:Laptop sleep doesn't actually sleep, fan still on.

Make sure that your settings, when closing the lid, are set to Hibernate. This will be a true sleep mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-doesnt-actually-sleep-fan-still-on-622524.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently.

Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and the power button light stays on endlessly. I always have to force shut it down and restart it.

What can be the issue?
Thanks.

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Hi joseph10444.

Such a situation may occur when some driver (mostly the PnP device drivers depending on the ACPI configuration) fail to response within a stipulated time period during the power state change.

Let us see some data. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
Those files will give us a closer look to the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335394-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hai.. help needed.... i am having the exact problem as op.. when i press sleep button, screen goes black (as usual).. but fan, and other keyboard lights are still on... it just freezes... i have to force shutdown to again use my laptop...

i am attaching the msinfo32.nfo, driverview.txt...

and one more thing... i dont have problem of bsod... thanks..

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Original Thread

Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368428-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 43%

Is this at all possible? Pretty new at the whole DIY breaking computers open to fix them stuff but i'm learning quick haha.

Here is the toshiba and the screen:

Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5231 Laptop
Laptop LCD Screen for Toshiba Satellite C55DT A5231 15 6" WXGA HD | eBay

Here is the replacement screen for the Sony laptop(actually an LG screen):

http://www.amazon.com/LG-LP156WH4-LP...lp156wh1+tl+c1

What would I need to know in order to understand if this would work or not?

Also, here is the laptop w me holding up the screens:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...112_000945.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...112_001008.jpg

A:Replace Toshiba laptop screen w Sony laptop screen? Same size. 15.6"

It's not the size of the display screen, these are all fairly identical. It is the connector socket and the rail screw positions that will bite you.

I suggest finding an exact replacement. If you can't find one on eBay then you certainly will at a store like this one:
LAPTOP SCREEN from $34.99, replacement LCD screens. Repair Tablet, Acer, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Gateway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351992-replace-toshiba-laptop-screen-w-sony-laptop-screen-same-size-15-6-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello there,
I own an HP dv6tqe-7000 which I got about 2 months ago. I've been running into a problem for about 3 weeks now that I don't think was apparent when I first got it.

Sometimes when I close the lid, the laptop simply will not go to sleep. I'll wait maybe 5 minutes and the HP LED continues to stay on, as does the fan.

When I open the lid, the power LED is on, the Wifi LED is on, but the screen is black as well as the mute sound LED even though I had turned it off. The only solution is to hold the power button down.

Other times, it will take maybe a whole minute to enter sleep mode. Could it be because of a process/program that prevents it from sleeping? I recently just updated both my integrated and dedicated GPU drivers but the problem still occurs.

A:Laptop Sometimes Won't Sleep

Same exact problem is being discussed here: Getting exhausted trying to put my laptop to Sleep

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/256162-laptop-sometimes-wont-sleep.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I own a Samsung QX-410H. Recently my laptop been having several problems that I have unable to solve and needs some help.

1. Whatever I search on chrome, clicking on the link will automatically redirect me to another search engine site instead of the site that I want to get to.
2. I have my power set up where when I click the power button, it would go to sleep, however the screen will turn black but the laptop won't actually go to sleep and I can't turn it back on. I have to power off it and reboot it.
3. I'm suspecting a sort of spyware or malware or something that is making all these bad things happens.

Please help.

Thank You

A:My laptop will not sleep.

Hi and welcome to TSF please follow the instructions here NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
and make a new thread in the virus.spyware and trojan area in security and post all your info and results in there please do not post here we cannot help you with it,you need the help of the security analysts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-will-not-sleep-600253.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone I own an HP dv tqe- and I Won't Sleep Sometimes Laptop have a pretty annoying problem Laptop Won't Sleep Sometimes At random times the laptop won t go to sleep when I close the lid The HP logo light stays lit even if I leave it alone for a couple of minutes If I open it up the screen is blank and both the power and WiFi light are Laptop Won't Sleep Sometimes on The mute volume LED is off even though I had left it on before The only thing I can do is hold down the power button to reset it I have no idea what causes this Sometimes the laptop takes a lot longer to sleep than usual as well up to a minute I don t think this was a problem when I first got it about months ago The problem has been apparent for about a month now Laptop Won't Sleep Sometimes I tried updating the drivers to both the dedicated and integrated GPU but unfortunately it still showed the same result I know I updated my BIOS awhile back but I don t know if that s the problem I also bought a Logitech USB mouse I bought months ago where you are just supposed to leave in the USB receiver At times it will go to sleep within seconds I wish it would do this all the time because since I m on campus I always have to put my laptop back in my backpack Any ideas about how to fix this It s getting quite annoying especially since it is sporadic nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-sleep-sometimes.1072572/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey I'm hoping somebody here can help I have a windows 8.1 laptop that goes to sleep and requires a password after 30-60 seconds(same way a phone would) I have changed the settings in power options to never sleep and to not require a password on wake up but it still dose it but if I put the laptop to sleep it wont ask for a password. I have looked around the net and seen to use gpedit.msc but I dont have that and editing the registery dont work either there has to be a way to diable this BS for F's sake on my phone i can tell it to never lock/turn off the screen why cant I do it on my laptop??
Really hope somebody can help or its back to win 7

A:Hep with laptop going to sleep

seen to use gpedit.msc but I dont have that

sure you do, right click on the windows icon lower left corner and open RUN ,type in gpedit.msc .and try what ever you seen suggested

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56714-hep-laptop-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone I own an HP dv tqe- and I have a pretty annoying problem At random times the laptop won t go to sleep when I close the lid The HP logo light stays lit even if I leave it alone for a couple of minutes If I open it Sleep Won't Sometimes Laptop up the screen is blank and both the power and WiFi light are on The mute volume LED is off even though I had left it on before The only thing I can do is hold down the power button to reset it I have no idea what causes this Laptop Sometimes Won't Sleep Sometimes the laptop takes a lot longer to sleep than usual as well up to a minute I don t Laptop Sometimes Won't Sleep think this was a problem when I first got it about months ago The problem has been apparent for about a month now I tried updating the drivers to both the dedicated and integrated GPU but unfortunately it still showed the same result I know I updated my BIOS awhile back but I don t know if that s the problem I also bought a Logitech USB mouse I bought months ago where you are just supposed to leave in the USB receiver At times it will go to sleep within seconds I wish it would do this all the time because Laptop Sometimes Won't Sleep since I m on campus I always have to put my laptop back in my backpack Any ideas about how to fix this It s getting quite annoying especially since it is sporadic

A:Laptop Sometimes Won't Sleep

If it's still under warranty, I would arrange for a replacement if you are not satisfied with your new laptop. The blank screen when opening from sleep is what alarms me at this stage. If there is not much of a trouble, try using the recovery partition to restore your laptop to factory default only after backing up your important data. This way you could test if the sleep problem still occurs and the recovery partition works flawlessly. A new laptop with recovery partition should always be tested for a full proof that it is working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471782/laptop-sometimes-wont-sleep/
Relevancy 41.28%

Starting a few months ago, when I shut the lid of my computer (Window's Vista Laptop), my computer would not go into sleep mode. I could still hear it running and such. I then would have to go to the start menu and put it to sleep myself. However, there will be times when I press the power button to wake it up, it won't wake up! I then end up having to force shut it down and having to restart it, and this is not good for my computer!

And yes, I have the options set to when I shut the lid, the computer should go into sleep.

My friend has the same problem!

Can anyone help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-sleep-337980.html
Relevancy 41.28%

This has happened several times during the last few days. My laptop goes to sleep by itself randomly while I am actively using it. The model is Dell XPS L502x.

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop goes to sleep by itself while in use

It seems that this happens only after resuming windows from hibernation. After a fresh restart it stops going to sleep mode. But after i resume from hibernation it stats happening again.

Any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234776-laptop-goes-sleep-itself-while-use.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My Dell inspiron 1526 will not enter into sleep mode unless I push the power button AND close the screen. If I do one OR the other the screen goes blank but it does not enter sleep mode because I can turn the screen back on quickly when I move the touchpad. I have checked my power options and those are all set correctly (it should sleep when I close the screen and it should sleep when I push the power button). I have searched google with no luck.

Any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Matt

A:Laptop will not sleep!

Hi did you set the power management through windows or the dell utility see here power management in the key combinations section (P48) http://book-lab.ru/pdf/DELL-INSPIRON...piron_1525.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-will-not-sleep-682271.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I work from home via a work laptop. Since the last time I turned it off I can't get it turned on again.
I don't get a boot screen. All the little icons light up on boot, the fan starts but the the moon and Z stay lit.

How do I get it to start properly or does it sound like it's developed a fault?

A:How do I get laptop out of sleep?

may have developed a fault
remove the power and remove the battery
then plug it all back together and switch it on as normal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-laptop-out-of-sleep.575030/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an HP laptop I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off no HOWEVER it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running sleep going to Laptop keeps There r a few things like my D printer program that will keep it awake I did however have it go to sleep Laptop keeps going to sleep a couple of times during a print and Laptop keeps going to sleep I changed something I forgot what it was and it stopped doing that but not for other things and not in general When plugged in I do not want it to go to sleep unless I press my power button I don't have a sleep button but that is also set to no sleep It does not go to sleep if I am actively using the mouse and or kbd I had HP power assist running but I shut that down and it still goes to sleep everything is up to date Why and what to do

A:Laptop keeps going to sleep

Hi, temporary fix: download 'Don't sleep', install, run. Freeware, easy to find.

Meanwhile, expect your thread to be moved to the relevant section of the forum.. and recommend you search the forum for the many threads on sleep issues and see if there's sthg helpful there.
E.g. (just one of many - some are the converse problem, so be selective)
Solved Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/30866-laptop-keeps-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have a year old HP Pavilion dv on Windows which has picked up a bit of an annoying problem recently Every so often the laptop just goes into standby - I will be browsing the internet or whatever and then it will just drop into standby Once I boot it out of standby it will usually just go to sleep again within minutes To stop this cycle I have to force shut it down I d get it fixed in a store but the problem doesn t always manifest itself I can go a week without it happening and then not be able to use the laptop for a few days because it keeps playing up on me A few possible reasons why this happens have been mentioned online - A problem with the power supply - which I think I can discount as it happens whether I m on battery or plugged in - Overheating - possible since my CPU usually runs at - degrees but it s run at that temperature and higher for months for some reason and that s never caused it gripe before - A problem with the power button - A virus - but the free version of Avast says i m clean - A BIOS problem - Something else entirely Any help would be massively welcome nbsp

A:Laptop keeps going to sleep

Oh my; sounds a lot like Narcolepsy!

- A problem with the power buttonClick to expand...

Have you tested this idea? Is the power button set to "Sleep"? If so, change it to something else and see if the behavior changes.

To stop this cycle, I have to force shut it down..Click to expand...

You mean by holding the power button for n seconds? What is the behavior when you try a normal shut down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keeps-going-to-sleep.1067543/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys...
I have an acer laptop and normally put it in sleep mode after using but from a couple of days the laptop doesn't go to sleep mode instead it go to the user login screen...
How can i make it go into sleep mode.. can anyone please help me...

A:help my laptop to sleep...

I think what you want is,
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

(unless your problem is manually putting it to sleep isn't working, than I don't know)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239059-help-my-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I have windows 10 and my hp laptop made a recent update a couple of days ago. Ever since the update, my laptop goes to sleep about every 25 minutes (edit - it varies. sometimes 2 mins, 10 minutes, or even 10 seconds); even when I'm using it. I've played with my sleep settings and set it to "never" and it still goes to sleep. After that, when I turn it back on, it says "windows is resuming" and my windows are still present. I just want to know how to make it stop randomly falling asleep on me. According to my updates, it was: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-laptop-keeps-going-to-sleep-while-using-it/td-p/5795463
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an HP laptop running vista home premium 32 bit SP1. I have noticed recently that my computer will no longer enter sleep mode. I have checked through all of the power options and made sure it is actually set to "sleep." The most recent changes to the computer have been the addition of a firewall and av software. I have been assuming that it had something to do with that. Any help or suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

A:My laptop will not sleep

Anyone had this problem before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-will-not-sleep-291315.html
Relevancy 41.28%

when i power on my laptop is works excellent up to 10 to 15 minutes. first display will go but system will run and video sound will come up to half minutes. after half minutes power light remain on and than after that all light will off seems to be shut down. but when again i will start it will start from that stage where it goes off even the video will play back at same point.

A:my hp laptop went to sleep

Hi @ahsan_eni, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook and not performing correctly. You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook. When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed. Please let me know how this goes. To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Thanks.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-hp-laptop-went-to-sleep/td-p/5606037
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone,
I have a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop, running Vista 64 bit with SP1. I have a problem with the sleep mode that I just can't solve. Before, I would physically shut the computer and it would fall asleep automatically. Alternatively, I could simply press Alt+F4 and choose sleep and the same effect would occur. Recently, however, whenever I shut the laptop it just keeps on running. When I reopen it, the log-in screen appears, where I just have to type in my password to get back into Windows.
When I manually try to select sleep mode, the screen turns black for just a moment and then it automatically jumps back into my desktop.
If I choose hibernate, the computer will freeze and I have to restart it.
Does anyone have suggestions for my problem?
Thanks very much in advance!

A:Laptop won't sleep

Hi fibe. . .

Welcome.

Check your power options..
START | Control Panel | click on Classic View (top-left) | Power options

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-sleep-286283.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys,

I just did a clean re-install yesterday of Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP laptop. The option to put my laptop to sleep is disabled, and will not show up on any of my power options.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Can't Put Laptop to Sleep?

Have you installed your video card drivers?

Please fill in your system specs by going to this link http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

To know what your system specs are:
Click on the Start
Type System Information in Search
and fill in your specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/245064-cant-put-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Have power options set to never sleep but it still does after about 20 minutes and I need to re-enter password to get going again. Very annoying.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, My monitor goes to sleep randomly after inactivity.  Sometimes after 1 min, sometimes after 5 min, sometimes after 15 min.  The settings everywhere are for 30 min and 45 min.  Unless there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing but I feel I've found them all.   Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-goes-to-sleep-far-too-soon/td-p/5834011
Relevancy 40.85%

So I have the first gen HP envy laptop and - when I was running stock windows win home premium x every once in a while when I put the computer to sleep it would show a black screen and just sit there - a year or more later when I installed the windows preview on a logical partition not primary and ran dual boot I never had any issue with sleep mode on a windows boot or very rarely I can t recall it ever happening - a few months later my hard drive died unrelated and I just run -bit windows in a laptop Sleep often crashes single boot setup Now when I put the computer to sleep very often the laptop Sleep often crashes laptop will Sleep often crashes laptop just restart Sometimes maybe ever time idk I get a message saying windows recovered from an error This happens far more often than the black screen problem I had on windows Before I installed Windows preview I assumed it was a problem with the laptop itself but since I never experienced it on win preview I m wondering what the problem is and how I might fix it It wasn t too bad before but it s happening way too frequently with my new win setup Any advice Might it have something to do with the OS being installed on primary vs logical partition Thanks in advance for any help suggestion Sent from my SGH-I M using Tapatalk nbsp

A:Sleep often crashes laptop

are you up to date with windows updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-often-crashes-laptop.1092772/
Relevancy 40.85%

My Windows Pro laptop goes to sleep by itself I have the by laptop 7 goes itself Windows sleep to power settings set to NEVER sleep But it does anyway Windows 7 laptop goes to sleep by itself I lock the computer ctrl-alt-del at the end of the day and I turn off the external monitor power button But I leave the laptop running The next morning sometimes it's in sleep mode usually but not Windows 7 laptop goes to sleep by itself always If there were an automatic update taking place I could understand an update shutdown restart cycle But that only happens once a month Anyway this is Windows 7 laptop goes to sleep by itself not a shutdown restart I push the power on button and the login screen says I'm already logged in and I just need to enter my password So it must simply have been in sleep mode I enter the password and I see my apps still running So clearly I've NOT been logged off Is there a fix It's important because I sometimes need to remote access this PC from a client site and I my arms aren't long enough to reach across the county to push the power on button

A:Windows 7 laptop goes to sleep by itself

The light weight tool called 'Insomnia' Should do the Trick...
This simple little tool will simply prevent your computer from going into standby while it’s running. Insomnia actually tries to disable sleep mode while it’s open and then puts the setting back to what it was previously on close.
You can also find other tools based upon your convinence......

Update Correction.....
Download Insomnia - MajorGeeks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362306-windows-7-laptop-goes-sleep-itself.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Last year I bought an ASUS N JV which came with Windows and upgraded to Windows I've never been able to put my laptop in Sleep mode It shuts down and when I open the lid or press the power button it justs boot from the ASUS logo as if it was a cold start and I lose everything that was opened I already installed the drivers from the manufacturer and some others more recent that I found like shuts Laptop sleep! of instead down in the Atheros cz website Have Laptop shuts down instead of sleep! anyone had this issue Is there a way to fix After reading a lot in the Internet I Laptop shuts down instead of sleep! found one command which could Laptop shuts down instead of sleep! help me powercfg -energy and only error have been found Error Platform Power Management Capabilities PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM Disabled PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer Is there a driver or software that could enable this The command powercfg -requests returns quot None quot for everything Thanks for your attention Jo o Ramos

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-shuts-down-instead-of-sleep-1050106.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I know some of u guys have had problems making ur computers go to sleep and i've tried most of the previous suggestions, but i still cant make my computer sleep.

When i click the sleep button, everything starts shutting off (screen, wifi...) but then my cd/dvd drive makes a noise, like it wants to eject a disk and everything comes back on. I have my sleep set to 30 min so basicly it this happens every half hour and it get really annoying unless i turn the computer completely off.

I've only had the computer for a couple of months and i dont think the drive made any noises before going to sleep then so i dont what could have caused this.

I hope someone can help!

A:Laptop will not sleep/standby!!

So I narrowed it down and turns out that the S1 sleep is not enabled. But when i go into BIOS, power management...there is no option to change the sleep setting. There is only 'USB wake support'. uuugh :/

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/203913-laptop-will-not-sleep-standby.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Since upgrading my Brand New Dell Laptop to Windows 7 my laptop crashed because of itunes. After uninstalling itunes the computer stopped going into sleep, hibernate and even shutting down. When I try sleep or hibernate the screen goes blank but the power button on my Dell Inspiron remains fully lit. On sleep it pulsates and on hibernate it is extinguished. When I try to resume the system does nothing except chirp when i hit the spacebar, shift, or enter keys. When I try to shutdown my computer the screen simply says logging off indefinitely, I have even tried letting it "shut down" over night and nothing happened. I am getting really frustrated with microsoft because I know that Windows 7 is to blame for the problems that are occurring with my NEW computer that had no problems at all until the upgrade that was authorized by Dell after I met all system requirements.

Can anybody help me?????

A:Laptop will not Hibernate, Sleep,

I would start over and get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 now that you're here at the site which specializes in that.

An Upgrade install is an inferior install, as is any factory preinstalled OS. It's the difference between having the worst possible install of Win7 you can have, or the best one. Your choice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/295190-laptop-will-not-hibernate-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Windows Vista laptop (specs are in my profile) and there are a few MMORPGs I play where I can vend my items. Back on my old computer, I turn off my monitor but let the computer run while I vend in-game (while I'm sleeping). Now, I'm wondering, is it safe to leave my laptop on throughout the whole night to vend? Is that what the sleep option is for? If not, what can I do to let my laptop stay on throughout the whole night (safely) and let my game run while I sleep?

A:Laptop's Sleep Option

It's fine to leave it on overnight, its the same thing as a regular desktop. The only thing you have to do is make sure it's plugged in. To leave it on, you can either leave it open, or configure it to stay on even if it's closed, which is probably done by going to Start-> Control Panel -> Power options. There should be settings in there for what you need.

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-sleep-option.662159/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone I am in dire help I am overseas for school and I just started getting a weird issue My laptop is an ASUS Q a Currently running windows For some reason it has been randomly sleeping probably every - minutes not Randomly Sleep Goes to Laptop consistent intervals Ive noticed sometimes Laptop Randomly Goes to Sleep it occurs from Laptop Randomly Goes to Sleep me moving it a bit I feel as if it might be the RAM though I am unsure if that would even cause it At first I though it was overheating but the temperature ranges from - degrees celsius which is manageable for an i m processor maxes out at celsius I have tried lowering cpu temp by lowering clock speed of cpu however problem persists I have also tried reinstalling Windows even windows and All have same issue I believe something is loose inside however I am not sure The reason why i think something is loose is because I tested out my theory that the issue occurs from movement by moving my laptop around and everytime I give it a little dance it occurs I really need some help any suggestions would be great

A:Laptop Randomly Goes to Sleep

if it happens on movement it definitely sounds hardware related.  you could have a loose connector inside, or a short happening, a wire off or crimped or faulty, or a motheroboard screw or other piece that came loose or broke off and is moving around shorting things. 

really the way to debug that is to open it up and blow it out with compressed air (see if anything comes out) and give it a shake over a surface... you could even have a screw or something that came loose fall out. when the case is open (laptop off, battery out and power cable unplugged), you can just press on connectors to make sure they're snug.

Before you open the case, you can get an idea of the area where it's happening by pressing along the top panel (the panel that you have the keyboard, palm rest and trackpad in) and see if that causes it and where the location is that causes it and check there.  You could even check squeezing along the outsides of where the lcd panel connects.  I don't know that laptop specifically, but on most laptops there's often a smaller board that connects to the power on switch so pressing along the top near the power on switch can trip that if it's faulty, and pressing along the top near where the case cover is will trip a connector problem with the lcd screen video connector. that can also cause a hibernation/sleep mode. but if you get the same response when you press or squeeze an area before opening the case make a mental note of that and look in that area for a short, or loose connector, (or even the case creating a short if a pad has slipped).

of course, having said all that, I am presuming this happens when you're running on the battery.  often the dc input ports (where the power cable attaches to the laptop) get loose or fail, and in that case your battery isn't charging, so when you shake it you've just disconnected the dc power without battery to sustain it (though you may not have noticed it stopped charging or connecting so don't know your battery has no charge) and then it immediatley hibernates because it has no power.  so you might confirm your battery is charged when this is happening.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586633/laptop-randomly-goes-to-sleep/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there. Can't figure out why my HP laptop restarts when woken up from sleep. Under Windows 7, it worked fine. But not with Windows 8. I have played with all the settings in power configuration. Have changed from having a screensaver to none. Makes no difference. All my drivers are up to date. I do not have HP power management installed. Windows takes care of my power management. And still, it won't resume correctly. Thanks in advance for your tips.

A:Laptop Restarts after sleep

Hello gallicbear,

I had the same issue on my desktop. Using the tutorial below to add AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM to my power plan settings, and setting it to HIPM+DIPM for both "On battery" and "Plugged in" solved this for me.

Hopefully it will for you as well.

AHCI Link Power Management - Enable HIPM and DIPM - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35844-laptop-restarts-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey everyone My laptop sometimes automatically goes to sleep automatically sleep. Laptop to goes very Laptop automatically goes to sleep. fast sleep It happens very randomly and I have checked the all the quot sleep quot options in the power management menu When it goes to sleep I can wake it up again by pressing the power button but then it again goes to sleep in a few minutes within - minutes So I again wake it up and it again goes back to sleep within the same time This continues to happen until I remove the USB hub from my port So when I remove the USB hub I can wake it up again by pressing the power button Then the issue is gone Now I can connect the USB hub again and everything works fine but the issue comes back again the next day I can again remove the USB hub to fix things but it has become an annoyance to do it every day So I am looking forward to a permanent solution Some additional information please let me know if I need to provide anything else - About the USB hub that's connected to my PC I have connected an external keyboard and an external mouse to it My laptop specs- Asus K JN Win bit TB HDD i HQ GHZ quad core GB ram Nvidea m Intel HD Any help is much appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/76109-laptop-automatically-goes-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then nothing...totally blank screen. I have to hold the power button down to shut it off, then re-boot. A 1st world problem for sure, but kind of irritating. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

A:HP laptop sleep mode

Try shutting it down by
Right click the start button
Then Scroll to Shut down and sign out
Then click >
That will bring up 4 options
Then click SHUT DOWN

That is the way I do it
As the way you seem to do it you are only putting it to sleep

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39145-hp-laptop-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi my laptop over a year old now but it has been having this problem for quite some time Nearly every time I close the lid BSOD sleep? during Laptop or set it to quot sleep quot the screen will go black and it will never actually go to sleep It stays on and eventually reboots itself and gives me a blue screen in the process I've ran Spybot and virus checking programs Laptop BSOD during sleep? but I don't think that's it System specs Acer Aspire GB Ram Vista Home Premium SP I tried to manually update the Atheros driver but when I did it said it was already up to date I'm using version I really don't know what to do from here Would updating to SP help Anyhow could someone please have a look at this dmp analysis and help me out I'd really appreciate it Thanks -Nicole Microsoft Windows Debugger Version X Copyright Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by x fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Sep GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F b e da fb WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for athr sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athr sys Probably caused by athr sys Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE f A driver is causing an inconsistent power state Arguments Arg A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg b Physical Device Object of the stack Arg e Functional Device Object of the stack Arg da fb The blocked IRP Debugging Details ------------------ DRVPOWERSTATE SUBCODE IRP ADDRESS da fb DEVICE OBJECT e DRIVER OBJECT dcf IMAGE NAME athr sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a ddc MODULE NAME athr FAULTING MODULE a athr CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x F PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b c to f e STACK TEXT acc b c f b nt KeBugCheckEx x e b ac b c nt PopCheckIrpWatchdog x ad b c e fc fd nt PopCheckForIdleness x c cd cd nt KiTimerListExpire x ce c aa nt KiTimerExpiration x a d edd e nt KiRetireDpcList xba d e nt KiIdleLoop x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner FAILURE BUCKET ID x F IMAGE athr sys BUCKET ID x F IMAGE athr sys Followup MachineOwner

A:Laptop BSOD during sleep?

The Acer Aspire 4520 came with either an Atheros or a Broadcom card - how did you determine that yours was the Atheros?

The version of the driver that you specify isn't available at the Acer website AFAIK, and the version numbers at the Atheros download site don't agree with the the numbers that you specified either. Where did you get the driver from?

The dump file does blame your Atheros driver - but that only means that the Atheros driver is what actually crashed (despite the confusing terminology).

This can be caused by other drivers/programs giving the driver improper instructions, it can be that the Atheros driver is corrupted and passing bad instructions of it's own, it can be that the Atheros card is bad, or it can even be issues with your motherboard or with Windows.

The first attempt at a solution would be to download the appropriate wireless driver from the Acer website.
Then uninstall the driver from your system using Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program.
Then check in Device Manager to be sure that it's removed. If not, right click on it and select "Uninstall".
Then reboot.
Then install the freshly downloaded driver(s).
Then test for further BSOD's.

BTW - it helps more if you zip up the dump file, then attach/upload the .zip file with your next post. That way we can use additional debugger commands as necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-bsod-during-sleep-414316.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I set it so that my laptop is supposed to go to sleep after minutes while in battery mode and it has been hours and the laptop didn't sleep Good thing I woke up before my laptop completely drained my battery Here is what the energy-report html has to say Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name GEORGEPC Scan Time - - T Z Scan Duration seconds System sleep. won't automatically Laptop Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC System Laptop won't automatically sleep. Product Name N JR BIOS Date BIOS Version N JR OS Build Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile Plugged In true Process Count Thread Count Report GUID f ecc-dd c- f -a d -bca c Analysis Results Errors Power Policy Minimum processor performance state is On Battery The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity Power Policy Sleep timeout is disabled Plugged In The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity System Availability Requests System Required Request The program has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep Requesting Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe CPU Utilization Processor utilization is high The average processor utilization during the trace was high The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization Average Utilization Platform Power Management Capabilities PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM Disabled PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer Device Drivers Devices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption Device Name Bluetooth Audio Device Device ID BTHENUM - C- BB -B B -ACE DCADEC LOCALMFG amp amp C B D amp amp Device Status x Device Problem Code xa Device Drivers Devices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption Device Name Virtual Bluetooth Support Include Audio Device ID BTHENUM CBECAB -A C - AB -ADC -DE FE D LOCALMFG amp amp C B D amp amp Device Status x Device Problem Code x f Device Drivers Devices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption Device Name Bluetooth LWFLT Device Device ID BTHENUM DD - F - C-ABFE- BC A A LOCALMFG amp amp C B D amp amp Device Status x Device Problem Code x f Warnings Power Policy Display timeout is long On Battery The display is configured to turn off after longer than minutes Timeout seconds Power Policy Sleep timeout is long On Battery The computer is configured to automatically sleep after longer than minutes Timeout seconds Power Policy Display timeout is long Plugged In The display is configured to turn off after longer than minutes Timeout seconds Power Policy Dim timeout is long Plugged In The display is configured to automatically dim after longer than minutes Timeout seconds Information Platform Timer Resolution Platform Timer Resolution The default platform timer resolution is ms ns and should be used whenever the system is idle If the timer resolution is increased processor power management technologies may not be effective The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations Current Timer Resolution ns units Power Policy Active Power Plan The current power plan in use Plan Name OEM Balanced Plan GUID b -f - f - -ff bb df e Power Policy Power Plan Personality On Battery The personality of the current power plan when the system is on battery power Personality Balanced Power Policy Video Quality On Battery Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video Quality Mode Balance Video Quality and Power Savings Power Policy Power Plan Personality Plugged In The personality of the current power plan when the system is plugged in Per... Read more

A:Laptop won't automatically sleep.

Just restarted my laptop, and now sleep works.  Now a new problem.  Why does it take a few minutes for the laptop to go to sleep?  I did a test.  Display turns off after 1 minute.  Laptop sleeps after 1 minute.  Display turns off minutes before laptop goes to sleep.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549553/laptop-wont-automatically-sleep/
Relevancy 40.85%

My new laptop is BSODing when I take it out of sleep if there was a game running when I put it to sleep. I am also getting crashes in many fulscreen applications that have never given me trouble on other computers. Can someone help me?

A:New laptop BSODing when it comes out of sleep

Information
Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information like the dump files, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

If your computer is not creating DMP Files please follow this link: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

I look Forward to Helping you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347424-new-laptop-bsoding-when-comes-out-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am at a loss my laptop will not wake from sleep move when I close the lid I have to press the on /off to get it to restart and then it goes into safe mode also when I go to restart I have to press the on/off button to restart it

Ren

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386480-laptop-will-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all, just joined..

just got a new laptop, samsung Q320, it says to put the laptop to sleep press the "esc" key, it even has a picture of the moon on it, but when I press it nothing happens. any ideas?

thanks

A:Putting the laptop to sleep

Go to start button

In shut down, you will see a little arrow on the right, click. You will see sleep option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/88697-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My cousin's machine experienced a BSOD.

I believe a driver is failing when the laptop tries to sleep.

I suspect the Wifi drivers are not playing nice.

Please, from past experience, this is a great forum to get some help on this.

Regards,

A:BSOD when laptop going to sleep

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-

Rt64win7.sys Wed Feb 16 15:03:57 2011 (4D5B92FD)
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys

RtsPStor.sys Thu Mar 24 14:04:09 2011 (4D8AFAF9)
Realtek PCIE CardReader Driver
Driver Reference Table - RtsPStor.sys

hpdskflt.sys Sat May 14 00:47:02 2011 (4DCD7CA6)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Disk Filter
Driver Reference Table - hpdskflt.sys

Accelerometer.sys Sat May 14 00:47:02 2011 (4DCD7CA6)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Accelerometer
Driver Reference Table - Accelerometer.sys

atikmpag.sys Thu Sep 15 23:38:41 2011 (4E723821)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
Driver Reference Table - atikmpag.sys

atikmdag.sys Fri Sep 16 00:07:36 2011 (4E723EE8)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
Driver Reference Table - atikmdag.sys

bcmwl664.sys Tue May 8 12:50:46 2012 (4FA8C246)
Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter - Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Driver Reference Table - bcmwl664.sys

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Usra\Downloads\Drawn\SF_10-02-2014\021014-10779-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`03fcd500?
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a11000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c56e90
Debug session time: Tue Feb 11 04:07:57.464 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 15:44:05.853
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8006620060, fffff80003fcd518, fffffa8006845c60}

Probably caused by : ACPI.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
* ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321596-bsod-when-laptop-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello nbsp I have recently bought an Acer E - - YJ The laptop works fine and fits my needs for school nbsp Only problem what i have with it is that it won't shutdown or go into sleepmode When I shut it down after a couple seconds when the screen goes black i hear the hard drive shut down and the fans stop spinning but the blue light stays on I have to then manually turn it off by holding the on won't sleep Laptop or shutdown off button Same with putting it into sleeping mode The light stays on and I can't turn it back on again I first have to manually shut it down by holding the on off button and then start it back up again I have tried turning off the fast bootup but that won't solve the problem I hope someone can help me fast cause Laptop won't shutdown or sleep it is really annoying that I can't put it into sleep mode If you need more information just ask nbsp Greetings Jean-Paul

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Laptop-won-t-shutdown-or-sleep/td-p/456452
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there I've been experiencing this issue hangs Laptop going when Sleep to sometimes with Win for a while now I recently formatted and reinstalled a clean copy of Windows I also made sure all of my drivers worked with my current laptop model and made sure they were the most recent ones I could get Finally I've got good Laptop sometimes hangs when going to Sleep protection software I know as a fact I haven't got any virus or malware however my problem lies when I set the system to go to sleep It doesn't always occur but sometimes the screen will quickly dim black as it usually does when entering sleep mode and then it will just hang there the power lights will stay on however I don't seem to notice any hdd activity according to the light IF I let it run it just seems like the screen stays black the lights stay on and nothing happens even after pressing the keyboard of moving the mouse In order to fix it I always need to hard reboot holding down the power button for a few seconds Anyway I'm guessing what may be causing this is maybe a driver issue possibly Also I've got Hibernate disabled My system specs eMachines E Laptop Computer Windows Home Premium bit AMD Athlon Processor TF- MHz GB of DDR RAM ATI Laptop sometimes hangs when going to Sleep Radeon X I think it's worth mentioning also that I updated the BIOS Flashed it rather a few months back As far as I know I've got the latest version I guess what I really want to know is is there any way I can view system logs for when the system enters sleep mode Perhaps next time this occurs I might know what's causing it Thanks a lot JJP PS Next time this issue occurs I'll try and record it with my digital camera

A:Laptop sometimes hangs when going to Sleep

here I'm currently uploading the video to YouTube, I was able to record it. I'll post the link here in a few mins.

Thanks again

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/74598-laptop-sometimes-hangs-when-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I have an ASUS laptop (N53Jq, i7, GT425M, 8GB) with Windows 8.1, with update. It's being used like a desktop computer, with the lid closed connected to a monitor through HDMI and with mouse and keyboard. I have the Power4Gear Hybrid driver, to set the high performance mode in my PC, but after awhile it still goes into sleep mode (like 1 or 2 minutes). It's really weird, I checked every setting (on the driver app and control panel) and sleep mode is off everywhere. What could be wrong here?

Thank you for your time.

A:Why is my laptop constantly going into sleep?

I would try ASUS forums as the readership should be dominated by ASUS owners. I have a Toshiba Laptop. The only thing I can guess as a shot in the dark would be if you possibly have Adaptive Brightness enabled? That's the only thing I can thing of that reacts in so short a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45577-why-my-laptop-constantly-going-into-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have looked at all the power settings and this laptop keeps going to sleep after 30 minutes. Also, once it's asleep I can't get it out of sleep mode without doing a forced shut down. What am I missing here? This was an upgrade to Win 8 Pro from Win 7 Ultimate, both x64.

A:Laptop going to sleep regardless of setup

That's what happens when your battery dies, you sure that's not what's happening?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16699-laptop-going-sleep-regardless-setup.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a laptop in which Windows Ultimate x Laptop into sometimes S1 sleep into S3 sometimes state and SP is installed Full system starts take a long time so I prefer shutting down my laptop into sleep mode The problem is when I try to turn my laptop off into the sleep mode by either the power button from the start menu or by a third party application it sometimes go into S sleep state and sometimes go into S state system power states This has been happening for a year and I couldn't find out what causes the system to go in which state It just randomly goes Laptop sometimes sleep into S1 and sometimes into S3 state into one of these states And I should mention this strange symptom When it once goes into S state it always persistently go into S state until I once make the system shut down or hibernate Using the power button or start menu item make no difference If the system is fresh restarted or woken up from hibernation it always go into S successfully for at least once So when this quot being stuck in S quot happens I usually make it go into hibernation once to solve it The system BIOS has no power option to choose a stand-by power state I want my system to always go into S state Laptop sometimes sleep into S1 and sometimes into S3 state when I try to put it into sleep How do I make this happen and solve this problem

Relevancy 40.85%

just installed Windows 10 and my laptop now goes to sleep after just 10 minutes of inactivity. In my power settings, i have all sleep settings to "NEVER". Even in advanced settings ive made it so that the laptop should virtually never go to sleep plugged in or on battery.
Anyone have an idea how to remedy this?
Thanks so much.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have looked at all the power settings and this laptop keeps going to sleep after 30 minutes. Also, once it's asleep I can't get it out of sleep mode without doing a forced shut down. What am I missing here? This was an upgrade to Win 8 Pro from Win 7 Ultimate, both x64.

A:Laptop going to sleep regardless of setup

That's what happens when your battery dies, you sure that's not what's happening?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16699-laptop-going-sleep-regardless-setup.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi! I have an Asus U56E running Windows 7. Sometimes, when I try putting it on sleep mode, the laptop wakes up again once the monitor has shut off. This is a seemingly random occurrence because I often put it to sleep with no problems; it is only sometimes that this wakeup happens. In one instance, I had to hit sleep mode three consecutive times before it would stay asleep.

I am sure that I don't hit any keys / mouse to wake it up, and it's pretty annoying. Do you have any insights on how to prevent this from happening?

A:Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

Hi,

This can sometimes be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Try this first.

Fix a Computer That Won't Stay Asleep | PCWorld

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-727953.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Sleep mode worked fine for years until a month or so ago I could get to Sleep mode from Start Shut Down or automatically by closing the lid Now I can't get to it either way Panasonic CF-W laptop running Windows Ultimate Sleep mode is essential when running on battery and even preferable when plugged in and leaving the laptop for a few hours I know there are lots of threads about Sleep mode I have tried all the standard and recommended approaches and more and exhausted trying laptop to my Getting to Sleep put spent many hours on this My power settings are correct for going into Sleep mode and unchanged I have also tried changing them and then changing them back I have tried using Msconfig and eliminating every process and service that didn't look essential I stopped the various speedup services like for Acrobat MS Office etc I turned off Windows Indexing Once in a while for no repeatable reasons I Getting exhausted trying to put my laptop to Sleep was able to get into sleep via Start Shut Down but never by shutting the lid I tried starting up in Diagnostic mode but some video driver didn't load so Getting exhausted trying to put my laptop to Sleep I couldn't test that way I tried starting in Safe mode but the power utility doesn't load so there is no Sleep mode Powercfg -Energy doesn't show anything new running that appears likely to prevent Sleep Also it says S S and S sleep states are supported I do not want to reformat and reinstall Windows plus all my other programs from scratch My last full system backup was after Sleep stopped working so a restore from there wouldn't help I am open to suggestions

A:Getting exhausted trying to put my laptop to Sleep

Here is some more info. It appears that the laptop will sometimes go into sleep mode based on timer settings. I have it set to sleep after 3 hours idling on power, 30 minutes idling on battery.

The Event log is a bit unclear on what is happening. There is one report of sleep based on "lid" but closing the lid has not seemed to get it into sleep mode. All it does is black out the screen. Other sleep events just say it went into sleep mode, without specifying which sleep mode (1, 2, or 4).

When my laptop is truly in sleep mode, the power light cycles slowly off and on and the machine cools off. If I close the lid the display will black out (I can see around the edges) but the laptop will stay warm.

One odd message I see occurs sometimes:
The driver \Driver\WSDPrintDevice for device urn:uuid:1c852a4d-b800-1f08-abcd-d89d67d8cc2d\UMB\3&250dc5ca&0&urn:uuid:1c852a4d-b800-1f08-abcd-d89d67d8cc2d/http://1c852a4d-b800-1f08-abcd-d89d67d8cc2d/PrintService stopped the power transition.

This looks like it might prevent sleep. However, it occurs sometimes before timer-caused sleep. One last thing: If I shut the lid, it seems to prevent the timer from causing sleep.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317903-getting-exhausted-trying-put-my-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My laptop only charges while its on sleep/off. It started happening about 3 days ago and i just bought this laptop 3 months ago. In sleep/off it will display an orange light indicating that it is charging. But as soon as i open the lid/press the power button it changes to white and it says "_%available (plugged in, not charging). help pls

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-won-t-charge-while-it-is-on-but-if-its-on-sleep-off/td-p/5684272
Relevancy 40.85%

Some background at the end of January I came out to San Francisco for a -week programming bootcamp The laptop I owned was falling apart and running excessively loud so I asked a Laptop not from wake will sleep friend if I could take his old computer with me since he just upgraded to a new one It is a Fujitsu LifeBook T Wacom enabled convertible tablet PC and I wiped it and installed Windows Enterprise It will not wake from sleep It has been like that ever since the install and I have tried a bunch of things to fix it But first here's what happens I close the lid press the power button or Laptop will not wake from sleep click the sleep button and the screen will fade and light on the power button will Laptop will not wake from sleep turn off Then seconds later it will turn back on the Laptop will not wake from sleep disc drive will start spinning but the screen stays black The little light for scroll lock blinks for no apparent reason too There is nothing that can bring it back other than holding the power button and starting fresh after Windows yells at me because the device wasn't shut down properly Here's some info about my computer When I run powercfg -devicequery wake armed I get a list of nothing Just a blank output I think something used to be there but I disabled them In device manager I have looked through all my network devices bluetooth USB hubs and unknown devices and none of them are allowed to wake the computer Powercfg lastwake returns quot Wake History Count - quot When I run powercfg -energy I get errors one saying that my Generic Bluetooth Adapter is not entering suspend and another saying my USB Root hub isn't entering suspend Could those be the problem Another note I tried hibernating and it did the exact same thing The only difference is that it saved my state when I turned it on after holding the power down If anybody has some insight on why this might be happening that would be awesome If you think some screenshots or anything would help diagnose this please let me know This is a really frustrating problem to have because it takes forever to get everything I need up and running from a fresh boot up

A:Laptop will not wake from sleep

Hi, Welcome to forums.

What kind of bluetooth device do you have? I will recommend to upgrade the drivers for bluetooth and USB. Go to device manager and uncheck the option under hardware "let it keep awake".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321516-laptop-will-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

OS= Vista
I use my laptop as a desktop actually. It stays plugged in at my desk, and I keep it turned on during the day and just turn it off at night when I go to bed.
Lately, occasionally, it just goes to sleep and won't wake up. Mostly I come back to a black screen and just hit one button and it wakes up quickly. But once in a while I get this thing where it won't respond and I have to hit the reset button to turn it off and back on.
What is the easiest solution, given that it's used mostly as a desktop? Turn off the power saving features? Or what?
Thank you.

A:HP laptop goes to sleep, won't wake up

it could be the indexing service running in the back ground. Change the power saving feature to High performance and disable the Windows indexing service

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-goes-to-sleep-wont-wake-up.959306/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello EightForums, I'm new here so please be easy on me :P
Alright so I installed Windows 8 the other day (a clean install from ISO and a legitimate copy). Everything has been running very well with the exception of one thing. When I close the lid of my laptop it goes into hibernation mode rather than sleep, I had no problem with this in Windows 7 and have tried to change it in the power options. I have tried setting them to default settings, this is basically a clean install so I don't think anything is preventing it from going to sleep. I've googled it, but I cannot find a suitable solution for me.
I really appreciate any help you guys can give me, thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11485-i-cannot-get-my-laptop-go-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I've a Toshiba Tecra R840 laptop running Win7 Professional sp1 64 bit. It runs in a 512GB SSD. I use a Targus Bluetooth mouse. From 2 or 3 weeks ago (I think) after sleep 2 things happens:

1- mouse stop working (only after a computer restart it will work again)
2- windowns will not shut down (the shutdown screen appears but it will remain forever).

Power management seems to be ok (allow the computer to.... it is not checked).

Please help me here

Cheers,
paulo

A:Laptop do not shut down after sleep

Is there an older or newer driver for the mouse? If it's the latest driver it could have a regression. An older driver may actually be free of the problem.

If you have a USB wired mouse try that. If the problem disappears then you may have to wait until the bluetooth driver is fixed. On my Toshiba Laptop I use a USB optical mouse I got for $5. I didn't want to go wireless since a battery would add weight to the Laptop bag.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337623-laptop-do-not-shut-down-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a toshiba satellite that I've had for about 15 months, but the problem has been occuring for a good 5 months. When I close the cover or press the pwr button to make it sleep, many times it either takes too long to sleep or wont sleep and somehow restarts itself and reboots, draining the battery. I already udjusted the settings to make sure my usb mouse doesn't wake it, but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

A:My laptop wont sleep

Hello, Welcome to TSF.

Can you turn off or lock touchpad ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-sleep-672057.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have configured my laptop so that it goes to sleep when closing the lid (inspired by Mac). I have encountered a problem though...after leaving the laptop in sleep mode but plugged off, it turns completely off after some time. After turning it on again, the battery seems fine. I have not yet checked how much time it takes for it to turn completely off. Also, I don't think this could be some OS setting that causes it, right?

A:Laptop Sleep Problem

It is - if you go into the Power options, and edit your current power plan, in the "Sleep" section there is an item for "hibernate after:" and a timer. The machine is likely hibernating after that timeout has expired after putting the machine to sleep, and this is normal. You can disable this if you expect to resume from sleep before your battery would expire whilst sleeping (which I will admit, on a good battery, should be a very long time).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/174596-laptop-sleep-problem.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Greetings,

Whenever i try to put my laptop to sleep, either by choosing the sleep option or by closing the lid, my laptop always goes into this state where the screen is switched off but the system is still on. The air from the exhaust is hot and constant but no other sounds coming from laptop (Picture attached). After which the computer dosent respond to anything and the only way to take it out of it is by switching off the computer by holding the power button and starting it again. For some reason, this only happens when im in my office during day time and when i go home, this dosent happen (i.e. goes to sleep normally). Please help me in this issue.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383941-my-laptop-dosent-go-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

On my laptop, the drive is encrypted with TrueCrypt and I don't know whether it is better to have my PC set to sleep, hibernate or hybrid sleep when I close the lid. I kind of want the fastest, but most secure option though.

Also, in the TrueCrypt options menu it says Auto dismount when entering power saving mode. Is that sleep? And is dismounting when it encrypts it again?

Sorry for being so unaware of terms.

A:Should I use hybrid sleep on my laptop?

Well, sleep is one of the power saving modes. I use TrueCrypt on some external drives but I've never used it on the OS drive.

Hopefully someone here knows and will see this thread. TrueCrypt does have a forum you can check out. If you go there and find anything useful on this issue it would be helpful if you would update this thread with what you find...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/239180-should-i-use-hybrid-sleep-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,
My laptop was BSODing when I put the laptop to sleep. The dump files are attached per instruction.

A:BSOD when I put the laptop to sleep

Related to avpnnic.sys AGN Virtual Network Adapter Driver from AT&T. YOURS IS FROM 2007. I would update to a current driver or remove it.

Other old drivers needing updating.

Code:
mdmxsdk.sys 6/19/2006 5:27:26 PM fffff880`0576a000 fffff880`0576e280 0x00004280 0x449716be
avpnnic.sys 9/24/2007 1:56:37 PM fffff880`0b852000 fffff880`0b85b000 0x00009000 0x46f7fa55
Sahdad64.sys 10/27/2008 11:56:11 PM fffff880`01b51000 fffff880`01b5c000 0x0000b000 0x49068d5b
Saibad64.sys 10/27/2008 11:56:15 PM fffff880`01b5c000 fffff880`01b65000 0x00009000 0x49068d5f
SaibVdAd64.sys 10/27/2008 11:56:20 PM fffff880`045d3000 fffff880`045dd000 0x0000a000 0x49068d64
XAudio64.sys 4/29/2009 2:21:07 PM fffff880`057b2000 fffff880`057ba000 0x00008000 0x49f89a93
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
Driver Reference Table (DRT)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228848-bsod-when-i-put-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have my power button set to sleep instead of turning off when i press the power button. But lately it has just started logging me off. I have even tried to go to start and sleep from there. Any suggestions on whats happening?
Thanks in advanced.

A:Sleep not working on laptop

Welcome to TSG.....
How did you ever set the power button to go into sleep. The way to set the machine to standby is to click on start>turn off computer>standby.
Also you can right click on a blank spot on the desk top, select properties, screensaver then click on the power box. A box will open where you can specify how you want the computer to turn off.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-not-working-on-laptop.830545/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB32FM Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
I thought all of my problems were gone, but whenever I try put the computer into sleep mode with any button (the power button or from the start circle), it just turns black and won't go into sleep mode. The power button stays green instead of turning orange (sleep mode).
Any help? Could it be a driver problem?
Please don't suggest going into the Vaio Control Center, because that program doesn't work and always crashes.

A:Laptop won't go into sleep mode

I'm currently having the same issue with my 42FM Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit machine. I also cannot get the Vaio Control Center / Vaio Care to work either. Have you ever found a solution to this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269174-laptop-wont-go-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, my HP Laptop (which has Windows 8) won't wake back up after going to sleep, and I have to turn it off and back on again. What can fix this?

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all got cq61 and had thread up about screen blank well got it fixed in shop it was connecter on motherboard and lcd cable . well wen i start it it comes on then after 5 min it goes like into sleep screen goes off but i can faintly see in background i cant press anything to get it back on but i close the lid reopen it and most of time it sound like it gone off but the on off light flashes on/off constant then i press touch pad and on it comes . as normal then 5 min and same thing , but then just now it went off completely .. now i checked all sleep and hibernation setting turned them all to never.. also i know battery is faulty as even when fully charged laptop goes off .. what could be problem please help

A:Laptop starts then every 5 min goes in sleep

hi all took it back to shop and they saying its definate the battery they say 60 for new battery i know could prob get it cheaper can anyone reccomend where as i know off ebay would prob be sodgy remake or something ? also does the MaH matter like the origanal battery is 10.8v and 4200mah i see battery on ebay 10.8v and 4400 mah and 5200 mah does this matter thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-starts-then-every-5-min-goes-in-sleep.178825/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi new user here my RTM copy used to go to standby and wake up fine but recently when I try to power it up the machine will appear to start up won't from Laptop sleep wake but my screen keyboard and mouse do not wake up also my wifi light does not turn on either The only way to get on to my pc is to do a hard restart I believe this might help Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name KYLE-PC Laptop won't wake from sleep Scan Time - - T Z Scan Laptop won't wake from sleep Duration seconds System Manufacturer DIXONSXP System Product Name DIXONSXP BIOS Date BIOS Version DIX OS Build Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile Plugged In true Process Count Thread Count Report GUID f f - d b- faa-a b -f e b Analysis Results Errors Power Policy Sleep timeout is disabled Plugged In The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name RT USB Wireless LAN Card Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV CC Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID F amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV CC Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID CC Port Path CPU Utilization Processor utilization is high The average processor utilization during the trace was high The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization Average Utilization Battery Last Full Charge The battery stored less than of the Designed Capacity the last time the battery was fully charged Battery ID DIXONSXP DIXONSXP Design Capacity Last Full Charge Last Full Charge The report points to my wifi card being the source of the problem yet I have tried disabling it and the same occurs Any help is appreciated

A:Laptop won't wake from sleep

I get that once in a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19667-laptop-wont-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Now that I've upgraded the Win 98 to Win XP Pro on my Compaq Presario 1240 Laptop, now when I put the computer into sleep or when I close the laptop screen, the computer doesn't wake up from sleep. The power lamp stops blinking and stays on, but nothing happens and the screen stays black. I can hear the hard disk start up after sleep, but the screen remains blank...how can I fix this?

Thank You.

A:Laptop freezes in sleep

You likely have a driver issue. I'd check with Compaq and update your drivers with the ones from them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-in-sleep.844702/
Relevancy 40.85%

Sir! some time ago i encountered an issue with my laptop that whenever i put it on sleep and then open the lid it become on but there was on display on the screen all lights on the laptop was also active and then i have to again put it on sleep and again try to on it ...then sometimes if i shutdown it and on it after some time it created the same issue (as mentioned above) as because instead of going on to shutdown it went to sleep ...now this issue is getting worse and i'm tired of it kindly suggest me some solution

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Sleep-issue/td-p/5666794