Windows Support Forum

Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Q: Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.
Relevancy 90.83%

Hi all Laptop is a years old HP Pavilion DM - ca Issue started a few months ago when laptop was shutting down at battery charging" "Plugged issue and in, at down 96% battery shuts Laptop not and when I plugged it it would charge until x and then say quot plugged in not charging quot In the meantime I upgraded to Windows and the issue wasn't solved I formatted and did a clean install of Windows and still not solved HP advised I revert back to Windows as this is the quot Laptop shuts down at 96% battery and "Plugged in, not charging" issue original quot OS for my somewhat old laptop So I just re-installed OEM Windows Home Premium SP that came with the laptop and the issue got worse now it shuts down at I also uninstalled and re-installed battery drivers didn't work I tested the battery in the HP UEFI Support environment and it passed so I can't calibrate it At this point I don't know what to do and I don't think it's a battery related issue because it never fully discharges The laptop just shuts down before Help

A:Laptop shuts down at 96% battery and "Plugged in, not charging" issue

This is battery issue, nothing relates to windows &or battery drivers, if any.

If you leave the battery plugged in all the time, with the main power on.
Sooner or later, battery will not be able to charge properly, as you encountered now.

The percentage you see may not be real, hence it may force the laptop to shutdown without warning.
There is nothing you can do, unless either get a new battery, or use it as home with main power on.
Relevancy 90.21%

Hello My HP Pavilion dm laptop s battery was failing it started shutting down with no Low Battery warning after barely minutes after unplugging charging" battery laptop in, "Plugged not HP New - message it even with a full charge so I purchased and installed a new one which I purchased from Amazon com However this new battery has New HP laptop battery - "Plugged in, not charging" message me facing some new problems I frequently see the message quot Plugged in not charging quot over the battery icon in the lower right corner when the laptop is plugged in I ve tried multiple solutions to this problem including -Removing the battery driver software and restarting the laptop -Turning the laptop off unplugging the power cord taking out the battery plugging in the power cord replacing the battery and restarting -Unplugging the cord from the wall while laptop is running restarting the laptop then reconnecting the cord All of these solutions seemed to work but only for a short amount of time as it turned out In all three cases my laptop eventually started displaying the quot plugged in not charging quot text again I ve tried multiple sockets in two different houses but nothing seems to make any difference Another less annoying problem is that the laptop sometimes gives an inaccurate reading for the remaining battery life I started working on the laptop when it was fully charged and despite spending over an hour unplugged the battery life never dropped below Shutting and reopening the lid caused the laptop to display the actual percentage however Is something wrong with my new battery or could something else be causing this nbsp

A:New HP laptop battery - "Plugged in, not charging" message

Its either that the new battery is faulty or theres some kind of power supply might want to have it checked out to see what the exact problem is and go from there.
Relevancy 90.21%

I've had my computer since June 2011 and now it says this when I click on battery. Right now, it's 89% charged and won't charge anymore. I went to battery status and it said "Battery Charging Disabled" but I'm not sure why since I didn't change any battery settings. Under battery health it says "your battery is performing normally."What am i supposed to do ? 

A:Inspiron 17R N7110 battery says "Plugged in, Not charging."

Hi katie629,
We will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.
1. Start the computer by pressing the power button2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times3. You will now be on the BIOS screen4. Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type5. If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.6. Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.
Also, I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system and check if the Battery is charging Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
Please let me know if this helps.
Relevancy 89.59%

So I've had this laptop Toshiba Satellite C - V since I think I had it since I started university and around early ("plugged Charged charging") Not not Being in, Battery this month I've been having problems with my battery it's not being charged There's a message that says quot plugged in not charging quot and I've tried multiple ways in Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging") trying to fix it Each day it would lose of power It would be at then the next day At the moment it's at At the bottom of my laptop is a little light that I'm assuming indicates how much power my laptop has or something it has a symbol of a battery and a plug beside it When I Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging") have my laptop plugged in with the AC-adapter it's green when it's unplugged it turns orange and starts flashing I have no idea if it was green or orange when my battery was Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging") still fully-charged I remember I had to replace my AC-adapter last summer because my old one was damaged but I don't think it has anything to do with that because it's been working fine until this month -I've tried the quot shut down unplugged AC remove battery replug start-up uninstall control method battery shut down unplug AC put battery back replug AC and start-up quot method but it didn't work -I tried disabling Toshiba Power Saver but that didn't effect anything -I read somewhere that completely draining the battery might work somehow except my battery refuses to go any lower than no matter what I do I'm beginning to think that my battery is just dead and gone I really hope not because the battery of my older sister's laptop around the same age as mine is also dead and she was told by an employee at Best Buy that a new battery is more expensive than an actual laptop a friend of mine told me that this is complete bull so I don't know what to believe I would really hate having both laptops replaced but it doesn't seem like I have any other options Unless of course someone can suggest something else that might get my battery charging again Thanks

A:Battery Not Being Charged ("plugged in, not charging")

Yes, it sounds like your battery is dying. This is quite common, as they only have a lifespan of X number of charging cycles. Get a new battery.

A replacement laptop battery should be less than $100 US from the manufacturer. There is nothing wrong with generic batteries provided they are the EXACT same specification as the OEM battery (original equipment). These you should be able to find in the $50 -$60 range. You should be able to find a replacement battery on Amazon in minutes (or anywhere else - dedicated battery websites will provide you with more details for making an informed choice).

While not necessary I always buy a new charger to go along with a with a new battery.
It is VERY important that the charger have the EXACT same output voltage and amperage as the original equipment. Ignoring this rule can shorten the life of the battery, or the laptop.

Running the battery all the way down is a leftover from the days of NiCad batteries. It has no useful effect on modern Lithium Ion batteries.

The guy at Best Buy is an excellent salesman. A poor excuse for a human being, but a great salesman. I bet he won an award that year.
Relevancy 89.59%

I have a Battery not notice "plugged - charging" in, -year-old Toshiba satellite C with Windows Last night after I restarted it for updates the battery symbol read quot Plugged in not charging quot This is NOT Battery notice - "plugged in, not charging" the first time this happened to my computer A couple months ago the same notice appeared At that point in time I did some combination of shutting down removing battery unplugging etc and it was fixed Since then I have gotten a new AC adapter because my old one had a short Anyway I looked around on the internet tried a few things and eventually came across these instuctions Disconnect AC Shutdown Remove battery Connect AC Startup Uninstall AC Compliant control method Shutdown Disconnect AC Insert battery Connect AC Startup Battery notice - "plugged in, not charging" Yay It worked I moved my computer from one location to another and it was still working However when I got on the following morning it was back to the message quot Plugged in not charging quot Also the message came up again that I needed to restart my computer for updates even though I had done this the night before I retried the previous fix No luck I tried some other suggestions No luck In the meantime I ve taken out my battery so it doesn t die my computer works with only the AC in as well as with only the battery in or with both However I use my computer a lot and I m often in situations were plugging it in is not an option I also don t want it to shut down every time I unplug it I ve never replaced the battery but I am inclined to believe it s a software issue because it was temporarily fixed I potentially have the money to buy a new computer but that s a last resort and I m not so fond of either Apple or Windows nbsp

A:Battery notice - "plugged in, not charging"

I would say get yourself a new battery. If you got 3 years use out of it your doing well
Relevancy 89.59%

Hi everyone,
I got a HP 530 laptop (vista home basic) from a friend to fix. It only powers on with battery power and not with ac power but it shows "Plugged In, Charging". If after powering up, you insert the ac adapter, it works fine although the battery doesn't charge.

Relevancy 89.28%

Hi there I ve been having a problem with my charger for a while now but it wasn t serious until recently A month or two ago my charger went from working completely normally to suddenly not being "no and then is charging battery detected" in/not battery plugged recognised This wasn t a big deal however because by holding the charger a certain way to the left kind of twisted or bringing it underneath the battery plugged in/not charging and then "no battery is detected" laptop it would charge like normally For the past few weeks however a notice has been popping up saying quot The AC power adaptor type can not be determined quot and then that follows up with a message underneath that stating that I should use a dell charger this is the original dell charger we got with the laptop quot This message however didn t matter back then because by twisting the charger a bit it would charge and so the message was irrelevant and would only pop up when the charger was plugged in and not twisted as far as I can remember Over the past couple of days though i ve noticed for my battery sign to sometimes randomly change to an X and when you hover over it it says quot no battery detected quot It will then randomly a second or two or a few minutes later switch to quot plugged in not charging quot and then to quot plugged in charging quot fluctuating randomly and for different intervals of time between these signs This as well wasn t much of a problem as my laptop was still charging at times and therefore I knew it wouldn t run out Now however the quot plugged in charging quot has completely disappeared and it fluctuates between quot plugged in not charging quot and quot battery not detected quot My charge at the moment is on so i m getting worried Ofc when the charger isn t held positioned a certain way it still doest recognise it and therefore works as it normally would without a charger the charge decreasing Do you possible know why this could be happening Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:battery plugged in/not charging and then "no battery is detected"

What is the exact model of Dell laptop you have? Look underneath on the label for Model information
For Dells of that time period, you must use a genuine Dell replacement AC adapter or you will get the reduced performance at startup message.... the Dell adapters so I have read, have a chip inside that informs the BIOS of the laptop that they are indeed, genuine Dell adapters.

Read about this issue here- and especially about the little test you can do before your power is all gone- you should do it just once, and I think you will get the "Unknown" message....

Note that there is more than just one thing that can be wrong- the motherboard, the adapter chip, the power jack.... Please do NOT attempt the adapter repair at that site.... The power jacks can be replaced by a good repair shop that does soldering on motherboards.

test yours and if you do need a Dell AC adapter they can still be found but it does take some hunting since a LOT of helpful sales sites claim "Genuine Dell Replacements" but I have tried some of those and they did not work but when a real Dell AC adapter was connected, that BIOS message disappeared.

look on the label of the LAPTOP and see what AC Adapter watt rating ....ex: 65watt or 90w..... yours calls for and purchase the correct model.

I can help you find a genuine Dell if needed but test things first. Hope you can do this before the battery is all gone.
Relevancy 87.73%

I recently did a clean install after my hard disc stopped working and had to be replaced.
Before this, my battery was working perfectly and lasted about 5-6 hours. However, after installing Windows 7 Ultimate x86 again, my laptop doesn't seem to charge anymore above 2%. The second I take off my adapter, the laptop turns off.

I can't find any drivers for the battery or anything related on the ASUS website. I was also wondering if this could possibly be a problem with my Hybrid Graphics, since my NVIDIA G210M graphics card wasn't working well either and had to be uninstalled.

I also tested to see if it was a problem with my adapter, but my laptop works without the battery connected, with just the adapter being plugged in.

So how can I get my battery working again without having to replace it? (I don't think it's a hardware problem anyways). Thanks in advance.

A:"Plugged in, Not Charging" - Battery

Hi there
Hate to say it but your battery needs replacing. It DOES happen on laptops from time to time especially if you have had the laptop a while.

Also modern manufacturing tolerances or QC isn't as good as it used to be --emphasis is on cheapness and get the stuff out of the door as fast as possible so you could have got a "bad" one too. Just the luck of the draw unless its within warranty period.

When they die they go quite suddenly -- no warning or whatever -- rather like car batteries -- OK one day and then dead as a dodo the next.

Relevancy 104.92%

My Dell inspiron 3542 laptop had a very good battery life(>6 hours), but today morning it showed an error message saying  "Battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced." I updated the BIOS from A3 to A10, but it didn't help! The PC starts only if its plugged in and the battery charge is constant at 82%. What should I do?

A:Battery not charging, message says "Battery has experienced permanent failure"

It's quite possible your battery did suffer a failure; the Lithium-Ion chemical reaction may (which produces electricity) have finally broken down.
First thing to try is to run Dell's diagnostics. When you first power it on, press F2 to run the ePSA Diagnostics & see if any failures occurred.
Have you tried powering the laptop on with the power cord and battery, then once it's loaded removing the power cord to see if it stays on?
Another thing to try: remove the power cord & battery from the laptop, then hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord, power it on, then reconnect the battery.
From here, once it's on, you can try removing the battery again to see if it stays powered on or leave the cord connected to see if the battery begins charging.

Hope this helps!
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi I am writing this as I have hopelessly tried all methods found online without success I have an XPS bought in France I move to Singapore and my original DELL AC adapter was spoiled So I went to the nearest store and bought a third party adapter Everything works out fine for a while Now my laptop won t charge "plugged 15 but - in not Battery, battery disabled Built in XPS Dell charged", anymore stuck at nbsp My laptop only turn on if it is plugged under ac adapter nbsp When I unplug the ac adapter my laptop turn off When I turn on my laptop it says quot this battery charging is temporarily disabled press F for entering BIOS Menu quot nbsp In BIOS Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled under battery health it is said quot this battery Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled is temporarily disabled please turn off the computer and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature quot nbsp I have this problem systematically my laptop is not heated I even bring it to a repair shop here in Singapore but they do not even have the parts to test nbsp Please help nbsp I am willing to buy a new battery or new adapter but I am not even sure if that s the problem Thank you

A:Dell XPS 15 - Built in Battery, "plugged in but not charged", battery disabled

Please list exact Dell model and version of windows. Example: Dell XPS 9550, windows 10
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I replaced the battery on my Gateway New between toggling charging" "not "charging" and Battery MA with a brand new one non OEM With the laptop turned off the new battery charged New Battery toggling between "charging" and "not charging" well without any problems But when I charge the battery with the laptop turned on I see the battery icon changing from quot plugged in-not charging quot to quot not plugged in quot New Battery toggling between "charging" and "not charging" to quot plugged in-charging quot and the cycle repeats The charging LED indicator also keeps turning off and on following the icon messages this indicator was constantly on when charging with the laptop turned off Looks like the battery charging is getting messed up when Windows is trying to monitor the status Applications also are exhibiting a strange behavior during this time I had started a virusscan and whenever the battery icon changed to quot not plugged in quot the virusscan used to pause and would resume when the icon changed to quot plugged in-not charging quot or quot plugged in-charging quot Very weird I uninstalled the Battery ACPI driver through Device Manager but that did not help The other battery drivers are reporting up-to-date versions I tried removing the battery altogether and connected directly to the power It works for sometime and then suddenly the laptop shuts off So cannot use that solution either One other data point is that the original battery was V mAH watt hours whereas the replacement one is V mAH watt hours But it has the correct battery model number Could this be a cause I had thought this difference should not matter Any help on how to fix this Thanks very much

A:New Battery toggling between "charging" and "not charging"

Hello and welcome drpvrvena mate sounds lie you have a dud battery my friend the voltage difference could be a possible cause even though it is only 0.3v.

The cycling stuff is also in my humble opinion indicative of a faulty battery. Now battery drivers?? I have never heard of such a thing I mean a battery is a battery I think maybe you mean something to do with the charge circuitry

But just a matter of interest try running these

download from bleeping computer

in that order delete any rubbish the malware scans find
Personally I would dump the AVG or at least pause it and see what happens with that charge problem.

If you ant to change to another security then let us know plenty of free suites and better than AVG (again not hard in my mind) .
Relevancy 103.63%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics 1425 Dell "plugged in, Studio charging" not Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD v Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc VF FR A L K CN D Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Yesterday I had a Dell service onsite service technician come to my house to work on my computer He replaced my palm rest keyboard touchpad and mousebuttons and my WLAN card had a V key missing left mouse button was not working and was having issues with high-bandwidth internet connectivity Since he replaced these my computer has stopped being able to charge Unfortunately I did not notice this until after he left My first question is would Dell be willing to help me with this issue Dell Studio 1425 "plugged in, not charging" My warranty expired August rd and I opened the previous warranty service before it expired So far I have flashed my bios deleted and redownloaded the driver for the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in the Device Manager shut off my computer without the battery and wiggled the charging jack to check whether it was a connection issue and I have used an identical charger to the one I have None of these have caused any change Any help would truly be appreciated Thanks so much Dan nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1425 "plugged in, not charging"

More than likely the laptop battery will have to be can get an exact replacement from dell but i doubt any warranty will cover it.
Relevancy 103.63%

i have dell inspiron n4050
3 days ago when i plugged in charger my laptop is not charging. when i put mouse on battery symbol it says "plugged in not charging"
when i shutdown my laptop sometime it getting charged(1,2 times a day).
when i start it same problems occurs.  a notification appears" The AC power adapter type cannot be determined"

A:Dell Inspiron N4050 "Plugged in not Charging"

Hi waqas189,
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

Switch off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
Remove the battery from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.
Also, we will need to determine if the issue is with the AC adapter or Battery. We will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

Start the computer by pressing the power button
Press the F2 key 2-3 times you will now be on the BIOS screen.
Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.
Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the battery. You can download Support assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on Battery to check for issues

Please let me know the findings.
Relevancy 103.63%

hey guys i know the general solution to the problem "uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and all but like an idiot.. i uninstalled mine in safe mode = its not showing up again like it would once you scan for hardware changes..

I need a way to get my Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery back because now I have TWO problems.. 1, still won't charge.. and 2, I cannot see the battery icon or enable it and don't have my Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.

Please Help!! =[[[

A:"plugged in not charging.." - driver deletion issue!!

I have userd the method on a few laptops, It is only partially succesful. But, Nomally on a reboot, it reinstalls itself unless you do actually have a hardware problem in your machine.
Relevancy 103.63%

Symptoms reads Charger "Plugged Laptop in, not charging" It reads available Plugged in not charging HP Battery Care Adviser tells me that the battery needs replacing Battery was losing a charge Plugged Laptop Charger reads "Plugged in, not charging" in not charging whilst on the HP dock I transferred it to the charge on the computer itself and it charged up to The dock still reads my peripherals external hard drives just fine I don t need portability with my notebook The reason I have it is because I typically spend nine months of the year in one country and three months in another Otherwise I d simply use a desktop So I ve only used the battery without the charger in a handful of times Notebook is only eleven months old I have no other problems I run Vista bit SP I read online that a BIOS flash may solve the problem I m not too keen on a BIOS flash but I checked just to make sure and yes HP released a new BIOS - My own is of course a year old Thoughts notebook runs fine if it ain t broke don t fix it This computer is like the Berlin wall of my life If this goes the whole thing goes so I tend to be paranoid What do you think Do I get a new battery Do I just be fastidious about backups and not worry about it Your thoughts appreciated Thank you Longstreet nbsp

A:Laptop Charger reads "Plugged in, not charging"

If you don't use it on battery then I would say no need to replace it - its not required for the proper operating of the computer. It does provide one nice feature, if the power goes out then you can keep running the laptop and not have it power off on you and lose your data. However being less then a year old I would be contacting HP and complaining, a battery should last more then that. If HP advises a BIOS update when you talk to them then I would do it, if it breaks its their fault, but it doesn't affect the data on the drive which if you care about then you'll already have it backed up to at least one other location.
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello all I 9350 Not new in, "Plugged fiasco XPS Charging" Brand need Brand new XPS 9350 "Plugged in, Not Charging" fiasco help I m pretty frustrated with Dell and I m hoping there s some resolution I can find here because the four tech support customer service reps I ve spoken to have been unable to resolve my issue I ordered my XPS on Monday July th with day shipping It arrived on Wednesday the st I plugged it in started it up and began configuring it Once I got to Windows I noticed the quot Plugged in Not Charging quot status on the batter in the task bar with a battery of I did some research and found a number of suggestions but most of them either A happened to their laptop after they had owned if for a while and or B it would not charge past a certain percentage I ran a diagnostic at startup and it indicates it cannot detect a battery The Diagnostics page in BIOS indicates no battery communication though the stock W charger is working fine BIOS version is and I know is out but Dell requires there to be at least battery to update BIOS and well I fall about shy of that number Splendid nbsp After this initial investigation I hopped into tech support chat After some discussion it was recommended to return the defective device and receive a new one Annoying but acceptable After being transferred around to a number of CSR s I eventually was told I could not return the device for a new one so I could either send it in to be inspected and fixed which would take business days or go back to tech support and receive a discount I have no idea what they meant by that but I was pretty upset Eventually decided to call and spoke with tech support for an hour He decided the battery was the issue and would have one sent to me next-day I m a little disappointed I have to disassemble my brand new laptop and install it myself but I m certainly capable so I agree Now it has been nearly a week and the service ticket is still is Status Delayed with an nbsp Estimated Arrival Date which is either in months ago or I ve been displaced to Europe without my knowledge nbsp I need to know what my best course of action is I need to be able to use this laptop on battery power not just plugged in as soon as possible as this was purchased to be used while traveling Return for a refund buy a new one Wait for the battery and hope that s the problem and not hardware BIOS lt insert issue here gt Escalate this somehow and get someone who actually can help me Thanks so much for all your help I d be happy to provide order service tag Request Dispatch if it will help Kevin
Relevancy 102.77%

I bought a new adapter universal V- V and set it on V like my original charger was It worked for a while and then stopped charging although it still powers the computer So I tried uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant in, not "plugged charging" Compaq laptop Control Method Battery Compaq laptop "plugged in, not charging" from the Device Manager and rebooted nothing happened Eventually I got it charging again when I set it on V but now it seems to decide it doesn't always want to charge it like that Compaq laptop "plugged in, not charging" either So now when it stops I either take out my battery and put it back in does not always work or differentiate between V and V Is there a possibility that Compaq has a fail-safe against using third-party chargers Or could it be a software malfunction somewhere I'd like to try everything before I go buying a new battery charger Before you ask I have charged my comp with a Dell charger and it worked then again it was only once so I don't know about what it'd do in the long run

A:Compaq laptop "plugged in, not charging"

Does is says "plugged in, not charging" when battery is at 100% or around 100% like 80-90%.
Because its normal for laptop to turn off charging when battery is nearly full to let it discharge for a bit and then turn on charging again.
If battery isn't charged when it drops low for example 50-60% or lower then its a problem.
Relevancy 102.77%

I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop that I've had for a little over a year. All of a sudden it stopped charging today and nothing I do seems to work. When I plug the charger in, it works normally for a few seconds, then stops and says "plugged in, not charging" instead of "plugged in, charging". I've tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver and reinstalling it, but it's just not working. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If the problem is unsolvable, how do I know if I need to replace the battery or the charger?
Relevancy 100.62%

i got this used i7 laptop from someone for Christmas and its great and it was charging perfectly fine while the laptop was on/in use (like most laptops do) for a couple days not issues, then i noticed when plugging it in to go charge it because it was 10% and i see "plugged in, Not charging" i've tried everything. i took the risk and got a new battery no luck still the same thing. done most of the troubleshooting on the web still nothing.

fishy thing is when the laptop is off like shutdown it charges :/ but as soon as you switch it back on with the cord in ofc it goes back to the same problem "plugged in, not charging" its a real pain now.

A:Windows 8.1 "plugged in, not Charging"

What are the steps you have tried?
Relevancy 100.62%

I have a month old Dell Latitude E I have had no problems with my AC adapter or battery until yesterday Suddenly I started getting the quot plugged in not charging quot message for my battery and it has drained to since then despite being plugged in If I remove my battery and put it back in it will charge for seconds and then stop charging The computer works with no battery only being plugged in I have already poured over forums where people with similar problems have tried many things I have restarted my computer while unplugging removing my battery in every possible order imaginable This has not helped I have even tried leaving the battery out for extended periods of time to see if it was overheating This is not the problem I have uninstalled the ACPI-Compliant Control Method in my device manager and restarted reinstalled This has not helped I am using the same Dell battery AC cable that came with the computer I know that this problem occurs when one uses non-Dell products I have updated my BIOS another Yet "plugged thread in, charging" not No help I have tried using every single power plan possible No help I have seen that the problem is probably due to the data pin my power plug not identifying my battery as a Dell battery but the pin Yet another "plugged in, not charging" thread is not bent or damaged and as I mentioned before this is the same battery that Dell provided with the computer that Yet another "plugged in, not charging" thread has worked since I got it I ran the dell diagnostics on my battery and it said everything was healthy What next I have all my work on my computer so it would be a big hassle to have to give it to IT for who knows how long but if that is the only option left I will try it Is there anything else I could try

A:Yet another "plugged in, not charging" thread

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Ask your IT dept if they will lend you another battery for a quick test of the charging system on your laptop.. or maybe borrow a battery from a co-worker.
Relevancy 100.62%

It's been a rough few months with this problem. I can't tell if it is hardware or software, and I've tried almost everything.
This is a list:
Bought new charger (Fixed for a little, then problem shows up again)
Reinstalled windows 10 and 8
Reinstalled drivers
Updated bios
Replaced charger port
It stopped for a week or two, and now it's back.
I have a Dell Inspiron 5547 that is about one and a half years old.

Inspiron 5547
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi all,

My laptop has had this problem for a while now but I've never bothered to do anything about it. Even though it's plugged in it says 5% plugged in, not charging. It was at 10% a week ago but now it's dwindled down to 5%.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Relevancy 100.62%

I have a Dell inspiron I in, charging" - tried "plugged another far! not so dell everything replace the battery and charger about years ago and it has since been working fine before this was a separate problem where the battery was run down and charger broken For about a another "plugged in, not charging" dell - tried everything so far! month have been getting the quot plugged in not charging quot sign with my battery icon in bottom right hand corner Also on start up it has the quot A C not compatible quot note BUT this charger has been working fine before now with my laptop battery I've tried taking the battery out doing the BIOS thing uninstalling under device manager amp then scanning for new hardware when I've put battery back in I've also checked the PA-number on the laptop is the same as the charger - both at PA- I've looked at the inside of the charger cable the pin bit to see if it's gone wonky or fallen out - and it seems okay I don't really want to take my laptop apart because I won't be able to put it back together after ha Any ideas except going to a computer-fixer-shop I don't know if I need to order a new cable not A C bit - just connector cable from laptop to A C Any suggestions are most welcome

A:another "plugged in, not charging" dell - tried everything so far!

chances are its just the charger thats had it. the only true test for this is to try another charger. But one little test is to take out the battery and try and power the laptop on with just the charger plugged in, if it works its not the charger its more than likely the battery.

with a different charger as long as its output is roughly the same ~19v and 2amp+ youll get an idea to see if it works or not.

if it does charge then you have your answer. if it doesnt then you dig deeper and let us know whats what!
Relevancy 99.76%

The battery stopped charging and the LED light on the laptop won't light up when the ac adapter is connected. The led light on the adapter itself is on. How do I get it to work again?  I also checked the battery status and it said "Excellent". I read somewhere that I should update the bios but now the laptoo won't turn on bevause even the battery is empty. I bought the laptop 10days ago.

A:My Inspiron 5459 is not charging its battery. "AC adapter is not recognized"

Are you using an original Dell Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Could you check this adapter on another system if possible? When you press the power button on the system, do you see any leds come on atleast for a second or two? Does the light on the adapter stay on and stable when connected to the system or does it go off?
Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. If the system is under warranty, we can help book a service call.
Keep us updated.
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi there,
I have some serious trouble with my Latitude E5540. In Windows (10, 64bit), it says that it's working on AC, but does not charge. It stays at 39%.
I've done some reading on the Internet and found several approaches which I followed. I updated BIOS and cleaned the connectors of the battery, which obviously didn't help.
Now, I've really run out of ideas and cannot come up with anything more. I've contacted Dell support, but I guess they won't help because the device is more than two years old and I only had 1 year NBD service.
Something I haven't tried is uninstalling the battery hardware from the device manager. Is this a serious option?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Any suggestion is most welcome! Thanks in advance.

A:Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

Hello, Nice to hear from you. The battery seems to be the culprit here. Should you wish to go ahead with purchasing battery do do PM us the system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. 
Though you mentioned you do not have a spare battery, can you borrow one from somebody or take it to a local store to try (if possible)
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi all First off thank you for reading Please help if you do know a fix and if not thank you for looking I am posting here to see if I simply need to set a setting differently A desktop computer I built for a friend who also had me build one for his friend is having issues in, plugged A desktop, Solved: error? battery gives level" "critical with one to two random reboots a day I had him take a photo of the error message that he was getting Here it is Here is the link if the photo doesn t work for you http i photobucket Solved: A desktop, plugged in, gives "critical level" battery error? com albums o sparsons DSCF jpg This computer shows a battery icon that is Solved: A desktop, plugged in, gives "critical level" battery error? full in the tray in the lower right That seems weird since it is plugged in however I read somewhere that if a comp has a UPS plugged in that Vista shows the Solved: A desktop, plugged in, gives "critical level" battery error? battery level on the computer It did it s reboot thing when I was there once and the UPS beeps twice and the light turns orange Funny thing is though with this recovery thing running it just brings windows back up just like a temporary blip in service It def powers down though So my initial thought is well it s gotta be the backup power supply So I had him plug into a surge protector that was connected to the wall for a day to see if he got reboots and he did So that tested to see if it gives a battery error even if the computer is plugged into the wall and it does This shouldn t be a CMOS battery problem because it happens everyday and works fine in the inbetween but am I wrong The real kicker with all of this is that the other computer works FINE and is almost identical in every way So what is that all about My first thing I am going to test is the RAM Then the PSU and then the graphics card However I am sneakily suspicious of this computer runnning on Vista Ultimate and think that I might have an OS problem So here are the specs i - EVGA E -TR -Way SLI GB total x G SKILL DDR model F - CL T- GBNQ - Plextor DVD drives with light scribe PNY Quadro FX MB GDDR workstation video card Corsair W PSU Runs dual monitors hooked up to a Va Watt UPS - Seagate Barracuda TB drives What do you think oh gracious Tech Support Guys Gals Sincerely Sam nbsp

A:Solved: A desktop, plugged in, gives "critical level" battery error?

Update! It rebooted when plugged into a power bar, AND when the USB cable was still attached to it. He is testing without the USB connected.

So without the power connected to UPS, but with the data connected, it still messed up.

Does this help?
Relevancy 99.33%

This new Dell Inspiron 11 3147 just arrived today.
The AC Adapter is "plugged in" but the battery is "not charging."
I've looked all over for help for this, Dell Diagnostic has found no problem, and I've had trouble getting a hold of customer service. The most commonly suggested idea has been to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Complian Control Method Battery driver, which I have done.
The only thing I haven't messed with is the battery itself, which doesn't seem to be accessible without damaging the back, which is screwed on and secured well.
Any idea what's wrong?

A:Dell Inspiron 11 3147 Battery "Not Charging"

Update to my below post:
One day later, after the battery fully charged and all was well, I come back and it is back to the message "plugged in, not charging". I might see if reflashing the bios and rebooting will work again.
My original post on Dec 8, 2014:
I had this problem until this morning. In short, I updated the bios to Version A03,A03 (released Dec 2, 2014). Before that I did all the googling and messing about without success. Here's what to do:
1. Run "My Dell". You can access this by type Ctrl-Esc and then type in "My Dell" and clicking on the "My Dell" icon that comes up.
2. Click on the green "Drivers and Updates" panel. This should open a product support browser window.
3. Scroll down to the bottom beneath the section that says "These drivers match your selections" and click on the arrow next to "Bios"
4. Click on "Download file". Close all your other applications and run the file and follow the prompts. It will reboot for you at the end and the problem should be solved.
Good luck!
Version A03,A03
Relevancy 97.18%

Yeah so I have abou 95% battery and it won't charge. It says "plugged in, not charging" on the little battery icon at the right bottom corner when I click on it.

A:"Plugged in, not charging"

Hello anybody? I tried the uninstall battery stuff in the device manager and that doesn't work.
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello! For a few months now, my laptop (Dell Inspiron N5110) has not been charging when plugged in. I've looked up the issue a few times, and the general issue is everywhere, but for some reason I can occasionally, very rarely, can fix the issue temporarily by unplugging the charger and plugging it back in. The computer can run when plugged in with not battery in, and I've tried cleaning dust off of it. I've only had the computer for a short time. Please help!

Relevancy 97.18%

So, after this problem has begun to plague my fiancee for unknown reasons, the same has happened to me. I've searched high and low and have tried what I could, but nothing works and I, in fact, have no idea what may be the issue here. Everything in my laptop was working PERFECTLY until just now, where I find out the battery is not charging and I find the "plugged in, not charging" message from Windows 7. I'm at a loss, as I have no money to go out and unnecessarily buy a new charger or battery. I very recently got this ASUS, it can't be the hardware, can it?

Please and thank you for any assistance provided.

A:"Plugged In, Not Charging"

Problem with this is there are multiple solutions, heres one that i used to fix a laptop a while ago.

>Disconnect AC
>Remove battery
>Connect AC
>In Device Manager, Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it?s ok if you only have 1).
>Disconnect AC
>Insert battery
>Connect AC

See how that goes, you can find other methods to solve this problem here and here
Relevancy 97.18%

I've been getting this for a long time now. On the taskbar, the battery symbol will say, when hovered over, "Plugged in, not charging" whenever I have a charger plugged in. Here are all the things I've tried.
New charger (did work for a little then stopped)
Reinstalling windows
Bios upgrade
Changing charger port to a a newer one
Reinstalling battery drivers
I have an Inspiron 5547, about 1 and a half years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

A:"Plugged in, not charging"

" New charger (did work for a little then stopped) "

I'm assuming this is a new Dell genuine AC adapter, correct ?
I like to first suggest you check metal tip at end of AC adapter and see if it's centered. If metal tip isn't centered then I'd suggest you use a small screw driver to center it. I also suggest you lightly blow air into it to get rid of any debris or dust that might be causing the error code.
Relevancy 96.75%

I don't even have a battery in my SONY VAIO VGN AR250G and, for the last few days, the "battery charging" light keeps blinking. I know I made some sort of setting change related to the dimming of the monitor last week, but don't remember what it was. That MAY or MAY NOT be related. Please advise.
Relevancy 96.32%

I have had this Acer Aspire Laptop (Win7) for less than two years.
Yesterday it had an update session, after which I had to restart it 2 or 3 times, as the programs would not respond. Since that I had not shut down my computer.
(Not being plugged in right now)
This morning at 7:45 am I open it, do some school stuff, no problems, I close it again.
At 10 am I open it again, it says I "may need to replace battery" and "may shut down suddenly" (lets call this BR)
I close my laptop until I can plug it in.
11:30 am I plug it in, still says BR, I shut it off, take out the battery, put it back, plug it in, turn it on
nothing has changed
It's charging fine
What should I do? is there anything I can do besides replacing the battery?

A:Charging "Consider replacing your battery"

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
You might find this useful:
What should I do if I receive a "Consider replacing your battery" notification?
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a dell xps 12, bought in 2012. Recently the battery stopped charging. The battery shows 0%, so I have to be plugged in to turn the laptop on. When it is on, the battery icon on the task bar says "plugged in, charging" but after a day it is still 0%.
Since then I bought a new battery. Just fitted it, but now the battery icon on the task bar says "plugged in, not charging". Furthermore, when I Fn+F3 to show the battery meter, it says "battery charging diabled". There is no option here to turn battery charging on. Nor is there an option to enable battery charging in BIOS. 
BIOS does show battery performing normally, so does the battery meter (Fn+F3). BIOS also shows AC adapter as 45W, which is the original adapter.
Any help is appreciated!
Relevancy 86.43%

For a few months now at some point my battery would indicate nn plugged in Battery not plugged in, unaccessable battery charging AND not charging and would maintain that charge as long as it was plugged in Running on the battery the charge would eventually diminish and in order to get the battery to charge again I have gone through to process of uninstalling the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager Usually within Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable hours things would revert back to plugged in not charging However that is no longer remedying the problem When this was Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable an issue the indicator light next to where the AC Adaptor plugs in would flash blue Also I upgraded from Win to a few weeks ago but this issue has been occurring for a few months now nbsp Now the battery reads plugged in not charging and when I use the HP Support Assistant to check the battery I get the message HP Battery Check was unable to access the battery I have performed a hard reset reset Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable the BIOS and updated the BIOS all nbsp to no avail If I unplug the adaptor the computer shuts off nbsp Any suggestions for additional fixes I have seen one additional suggestion to do a system recovery but I have not yet made a recovery disk for win I do have one for the win and would it make any difference anyway since the plugged in not charging problem was occurring under win
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi nbsp I have read many people have similar issues for other models other than my Thinkpad x AL but battery - battery not x240 plugged - charging removing the battery won't solve my x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging problem nbsp It is plugged in it says plugged in but battery is not charging none of the two batteries this laptop has nbsp I have gone to Driver Manager and uninstalled the Microsoft drivers under battery section After restarting or scanning for new hardware these drivers appear again and the problem is not solved nbsp I have restarted de computer Problem not solved nbsp I have removed the batter and put it back Problem not solved nbsp x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging After one night I switched on the laptop and one of the battery has charged Right now it says plugged in charging and x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging it shows already although it keeps charging The other battery still shows not charging nbsp I believe this must be a software issue some power management that prevents the laptop from charging the battery But where is that software and how to configure it or remove it nbsp I have looked for Lenovo Power Management and similar and it is not installed on my laptop nbsp Anybody knows what I am talking about

A:x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging

I have a very similar problem, how was yours fixed in the end?Someone please help, very frustrating!
Relevancy 86.43%

Need Help The problem started from June about AM UTC Philippine Help!!Battery:Plugged charging) In,Charging(but really not Manila I open my Notebook that morning to check Help!!Battery:Plugged In,Charging(but not really charging) on my e-mails and bills at gmail but it's not powering up At first I thought that the battery was slightly drained because I saw my sister still using it Help!!Battery:Plugged In,Charging(but not really charging) at midnight I asked her if she did not plugged in the charger when it is nearly drained but she said she plugged it and it is still full when she shut it down It is Li-ion Battery I tried plugging in the charger to check whether it still has remaining battery It powered up On the taskbar notifications running apps it says Available Plugged In Charging So to check out the problem I left it turned off charging for about two hours Then after two hours it still says Available Plugged In Charging What the hell is this I asked my self I installed an app to check the status of the battery Battery Bar Battery Bar says something like this Capacity K of K mWh not sure about this Charging mW Running on AC Available Something like that Summary Notes Does not power up without Charger It detects the Battery saying Available Plugged In Charging Though Plugged In Charging it does not charge at all because of mW charge rate It turns off when the Charger is plugged out It still run even without the Battery when the Charger was plugged in of course then a red x mark shows in the notification taskbar battery icon Thus The problem is somewhere in the Laptop or in the Battery It is not the battery ports connectors nor in the charger connector because the OS still can detect it

A:Help!!Battery:Plugged In,Charging(but not really charging)

How old is it? Most likely the battery if you use it a lot on battery power, not plugged in.
Relevancy 86.43%

HelloHP EliteBook 840 G2The indicator shows: Battery plugged in, chargingbut really the battery not charging - bar doesn't movePlease help, what to do?

A:Battery plugged in, charging - but really not charging

Dear Customer,Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support ForumIt looks like your Notebook is not charging the Battery, We will surely assist you with this issuePlease perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:Step 01. Click on the Start ButtonStep 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device ManagerStep 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the leftStep 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstallNote: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook againStep 05. Please Shutdown the NotebookStep 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power AdapterStep 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 MinuteStep 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power AdapterStep 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery iconAfter performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different NotebookNote: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system boardHow to improve the life of a Battery:1. It is not advisable to use the Notebook when the Power Adapter is connected2. It is not advisable to keep the Power Adapter plugged in even after the Battery is fully charged3. You need to let the battery drain completely before charging again4. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life5. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level6. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use7. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in useTesting and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.Thank You,K N R KAlthough I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Relevancy 85.57%

This is my last post about this issue with the step 2 in that I fixed my issue, but this time, all these steps do not work. Also I can not find new Energy Manager software in the Y70-70 support software download list.Can you guys help me this time?This Y70 really annoy me a lot, the screen blinking, and battery not charging......Thank you
Relevancy 85.57%

My dell inspirion says plugged In not charging I have replaced the motherboard,battery,and charger please help

A:Battery says plugged I not charging

Munchlax as obvious as it may sound you have got the right battery mate? and do the voltages match for the battery and the adaptor?
Relevancy 85.57%

My battery is at 0% and says "plugged in not charging". Whenever I unplug my charger my computer dies so all the solutions that require me to take out my battery dont work. How can I fix this problem so i can use my computer when it is unplugged. Thanks!

A:Plugged in, not charging battery

Hi,there coudl be several reason for this... such as.1) if the battery is charged for around 90%(depends on model to model it may be 80% also) its normal to avoid anty unwanted charge cycle. this will help improve battery life.2) if the machine is not charging because to used in too hot ambient temprature or its heating up for some reason. option is to let the machine cool down and it will start charging. this is again technology limitation and safety measure.3) if above are not true: Try this:.Disconnect ACShutdownRemove batteryConnect ACStartupOpen Device ManagerClick the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it?s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.Right-click the ?ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.ShutdownDisconnect ACInsert batteryConnect ACStartuphope it helps, Good Luck !
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Once my laptop was working fine then all of a sudden it shut down automatically and then  I tried to start i was not able to start it without adapter.The battery says it is plugged in charging but actually it is not charging at all.It is stuck at 0%.And sometime it doed not even detect the battery.I hope you can help me. My Laptop name : Hp envy 15t-j100 select editionProduct number:F0D26AV And I purchased this laptop from US and I am using this in India.I contacted the customer care of India and they says that this model is not available in India.So they cannot do about it.

A:Battery plugged in not charging

Hi there @Jogi43?,  Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I understand that your battery is saying that it is plugged in and charging, but it does not actually charge.  I did some research and found some documents for you based on the issue you had described.  HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge - If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replacedHP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista). HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) - To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this article to test your battery and calibrate it if necessaryPlease follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know the results. Thank you! Have a great day!
Relevancy 85.57%

Just bought a new Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G-76Z8 a  couple of days ago.  I've kept the laptop plugged in but the battery level has been dropping by about 1% per day.  The power charging light is always blue and it says "plugged in, not charging".  I'm running Windows 10 and have installed the Power Management update from the Acer Care Center app.  What's wrong and how do I fix it. Thanks

A:Battery plugged in, not charging

Hello, Have you tried a battery reset? Disconnect the AC adapter.Gently insert a paperclip in the battery reset hole on the bottom side of your laptop.Reconnect the AC adapter, and resume normal use.
Relevancy 85.57%

The last 2 days I have had this problem with a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, and have been using it with the power adapter/charger plugged in. Yet this morning I have started up the laptop with the power plugged in, and now it shows that the battery is plugged in & charging !!
Checking the battery yesterday it showed " battery life- moderate." As everything works fine with the power adapter plugged in, I assume that the adapter is fine.
If the problem arises again, can I use a power adapter from a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop which runs Windows 7 ? This Inspiron 1545 laptop runs Windows Vista.
Hopefully someone can advise re the use of the 630M adapter with the 1545. Will it be safe ? I do not want to cause damage to the Vista machine.
Relevancy 85.57%

I read the  previous threads.  I tried uninstalling microsoft acpi compliant control method battery and searching for hardware changes.  It didn't work.  I tried with shutting down and with out.  I tried it with the battery in and without.  I tried with turning of windows explorer and turning it back on.  Nothing works.  Please help
Relevancy 85.57%

I apologize in advance if in, battery not plugged charging this has already been addressed here I do not see a way to search this forum I have an Inspiron series laptop running Windows nbsp It worked using AC power but not battery nbsp The toolbar battery icon message says quot available plugged in not charging nbsp I have tried several variations of online recommendations to remove the battery and either disable reinstall or uninstall drivers nbsp All were unsuccessful nbsp I did notice that if I remove the battery the battery icon says quot no battery detected quot nbsp When I plug it back in the text changes for about minute to quot plugged in charging and the icon shows battery plugged in, not charging charging but then it reverts to the normal quot not charging quot status Based on this info how do i determine if this is a hardware problem requiring a new battery if it is a software problem other then the driver problem that tried earlier or some other charger problem Thanks Michael
Relevancy 85.57%

The battery indicator says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" I have run the battery diagnostic and it says that battery is fine. I have run the ac adaptor diagnostic and it says that is fine as well. I have updated the bios. I have uninstalled "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and rebooted. I have also uninstalled it and updated immediately. The battery is non-removable. Anything else I can try?
Relevancy 85.57%

nbsp nbsp I'm having this issue where the battery is not charging and or the laptop is - Charging) in, Not (Plugged 0% Battery available not recognizing the battery properly nbsp I will Battery - 0% available (Plugged in, Not Charging) just outline the problem and what I have done Battery - 0% available (Plugged in, Not Charging) nbsp nbsp A Received a brand new assumingly aftermarket replacement battery nbsp - It went through a charge cycle without much problem - It stopped charging randomly to which by experimentation the fix was simply restarting the computer and removing the battery while the computer was shut down and replacing it before restarting It would begin to charge again after - Sometimes on battery power the monitor screen would simply turn illuminated black or flicker During this time all computer functions still worked and I was able to shut the computer down using my memory and the proper keystrokes Starting it back up was the temporary cure even without introducing AC Power nbsp - This continued regularly having to reset the computer and the battery to keep it charging A few days later while showing some nominal amount of charge the computer just shut off instantaneously nbsp nbsp With this I assumed there must be something wrong with the battery so I contacted the people who sent it and they agreed although I was also asking if it could be anything other than the battery because to me it didn't feel like the problem was the battery as once I got the battery charged fully it worked great as far as holding the charge nbsp nbsp B I received a second brand new battery from the same place nbsp - All steps above repeated This time the battery charged only to before starting with the Plugged In Not Charging bit and has now been at Not Charging since this time - I searched the web and found that oh I don't know at least people have had this exact problem and while it is by far most popular in the hp dv series it is not limited to this series or even to hp Many of them simply remove the battery and put it back in and it works Obviously it didnt for me so I tried some other suggestions Including shutting down removing battery and AC Power and holding down the power button a while This actually worked briefly once this may have been when I got the charge up to in the one battery before it quit - I ran Windows Updated which installed Updates to the computer No Result - I checked for drivers then after seeing they were up to date uninstalled microsoft acpi-compliant control method control battery then scanned hardware to reinstall it automatically No Result - I thought I had it when I found a BIOS update that specifically said it would solve this problem F I Installed this and still No Result nbsp nbsp So now what is the next thing to try nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

A:Battery - 0% available (Plugged in, Not Charging)

I gather this is not a genuine HP battery? Until you try a known good Genuine Battery it is hard to know what the problem would be. You should not have to try driver reinstalls and such. A good battery on a good system just works. Possibilites are bad battery and bad motherboard. Period.
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello,Hope you are doing well. My battery icon says '2%  available (plugged in, not charging)'.  I have done a battery check on Hp Support assistant and it says:The battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Based on the age of your PC and battery, it appears it is no longer covered by your HP Warranty. REOOW I'm not sure about replacing the batterry. Please inform me if there is anything easier and or cheaper to do.Thanks,              Yousif
Relevancy 85.57%

The title is the message I ve been getting for about the past month and a half I noticed my battery draining even while plugged in until it finally got to With the power adapter plugged in the laptop still runs but I just recently had an experience where the laptop was suddenly cutting off even while plugged in I ve done as much troubleshooting as possible but I haven t been able to figure out the problem I managed to switch the laptop over into power saver mode and it s been letting Battery: in, charging) (Plugged 0% Available me use it without dying immediately on me I Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging) have an internal battery so the option to Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging) remove and power it on separately isn t an option for me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging) version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA VG S Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled This is my final call for help before I go through the long and tedious process of sending my only working computer to the repair center for several weeks time Help Edited to add Troubleshooting steps taken Tried a Hard reset using the pin-hole reset button for the internal battery while completely unplugged Tried uninstalling reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I bought a new battery for my laptop because the original one had lost endurance, it would last only about 45 minutes, anyway. So I put the new battery in and the computer sometimes doesn't recognize it, sometimes it does but most of the time it says : Plugged in but not charging.

I'm not too sure what to do, I made sure to buy the exact same battery with the same model #, etc.

A:NEW battery plugged in but not charging

1. Shut Down the laptop.
2. Press the power button then tap the F2 key until a blue screen appears.
3.On the left sided menu arrow down to Battery Info.
What does it show ?
Relevancy 85.57%

Notebook HP Envy DV6 T he batteri is fully discharged (0%), the battery status is "battery plugged but not charging).I cannot charge the battery.I've removed the battery, restarted and used the laptop without it, restarted again the lapot with the battery but I've not solved the problem.
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, every time I turn my 1 and half year old laptop on it warns me that the battery capacity is low and my laptop will not work unless it is plugged in. Because of this I need to purchase a new battery but do not know which model I need. Any help is much appreciated.
Relevancy 85.57%

My notebook is 3 years old, but the battery has charged with no problem until yesterday. Now it suddenly won't charge; it says "25% - plugged in, not charging." I ran the battery test, result: "weak (30) The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new." So it seems the battery isn't defective, even though it's getting old. I hesitate to run the battery calibration because appaently that will fully discharge the battery, and maybe it will never re-charge. I upgraded to Win10 a few days before this happened; don't know whether that might have contributed to this problem. What's going on here and how can I fix it?

JohnCC wrote:My notebook is 3 years old, but the battery has charged with no problem until yesterday. Now it suddenly won't charge; it says "25% - plugged in, not charging." I ran the battery test, result: "weak (30) The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new." So it seems the battery isn't defective, even though it's getting old. I hesitate to run the battery calibration because appaently that will fully discharge the battery, and maybe it will never re-charge. I upgraded to Win10 a few days before this happened; don't know whether that might have contributed to this problem. What's going on here and how can I fix it?" I ran the battery test, result: "weak (30) The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new." So it seems the battery isn't defective, even though it's getting old"   Your logic in regard to battery life is flawed. If the battery life between charges is shorter, that means that it is no longer functioning as it did when newer. The result of the test already told you that it is wearing out. You can remove the battery and use the noteboook temporarily without it. Performing a calibration at this point will not help. All it does is actualize the 100% in terms of remaining battery capacity. You can resolve the issue by purchasing a guaranteed compatible battery with a one year warranty from a reputable online vendor.  There is no requirement for the battery to be an HP OEM unit.   Perform a Google search  to find a candidate battery. Make certain that the vendor provides a guarantee of compatiblity with your notebook and a one year warranty. At three years of serviceable use, your battery has performed well. That pretty much the norm in service life for notebook batteries.
Relevancy 85.57%

Please what do I do my laptop keeps showing me 'plugged in, not charging' and I've tried different chargers to no avail
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, My battery is plugged in and is not charging (staying at 2%). I've tried many troubleshooting techniques but have not been able to resolve the problem.  I tried a battery test, it failed and got the following message: Battery Test: Primary - Replace(42)  FAILURE ID: PLMUQ0-72084H-MFPV6J-C09403  Primary Battery Battery Test: FAILED I'd like to make sure and exhaust the resources, can I get help on this please? Thank you.
Relevancy 85.57%

HP Community I am having an issue with the not charging Battery in, plugged laptop battery When Battery plugged in, not charging it is plugged in the battery does not charge The start bar icon says Plugged in not charging I just replaced the AC Adapter this week nbsp I ran the startup diagnostic test and it said that there was a battery failure but when I run the HP Battery Check throug HP Support Assistant it says the battery is functioning properly nbsp If I calibrate the battery will this fix the issue nbsp Does the battery actually need replaced Getting one diagnostic saying yes and another saying no is confusing and frustrating nbsp If calibration does not fix the issue is there steps I can try to take to resolve the issue before buying a new battery nbsp If I do need to buy a new battery can I get a product number for the battery I would need to purchase I have been trying to find a listing with the battery type on it but I cannot find a list with HP Pavilion x listed I looked here http store hp com webapp wcs stores servlet ContentView storeId amp eSpotName BatteryFinder amp cata and that includes looking at the list under the Laptop Not Listed button nbsp Thanks A concerned HP user looking for some juice for my battery
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi @all,i need help, my laptop when it is switched on it plugged in but not charging. If i switch the laptop off it is loading normally! For me it looks like a safety for the battery, that if you have conected with charger that it is not always charging?Can you please help me out here?The type is a HP Envy TS 15 NotebookWIndows 8 installedthanks and regards

A:Battery plugged in but not charging

Hi Letast, Thank you for your query, I will do my utmost to help. I understand that when the laptop is plugged in, it is not showing charging but you are able to use it normally when disconnected from power. Have you done all the Windows updates? Here is a link to a document on Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) to assist you.If you would like further assistance would you provide the exact model of Envy ts 15 you have. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello, I only bought this laptop a few weeks ago and it does not seem to charge propery (or so it says). As the title suggests when plugged in and I hover over the batter it says "plugged in not charging" It has been like this for a couple weeks now and still has not gone flat as long as it is plugged in, so some sort of charging must be taking place right?  Just want to know if I can fix this just so I am able to see when it's charging and use it without leaving it plugged in. Currently I keep it plugged in at all times in fear of it dying. Thanks for any help in advance.
Relevancy 85.57%

My laptop shut down automatically although there is remaining 30% battery. And the laptop is not charging  ( Plugged in, not charging ) after 90-94% battery is charged.
Relevancy 85.57%

New computer with very minimal usage.  Basically sat in the box for one year, now, error message states that battery is plugged in not charging.  I've tried testing, and diagnostics reports "unknown."  I've tried a few youtube fixes such as removing the battery drivers and allowing them to reinstall, and tried updating bios.  There is no way that this battery should have died.  Has there been a recall that anyone is aware of? Also, noticed that the case is cracked at the hinge on left side.  I'm super careful and I don't even know how this could happen.  This was not an inexpensive computer!!! Although this sat in box, the warranty is now expired.   Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

A:Battery plugged in not charging

Have you tried removing the battery and starting up with only power cord- then shut down and reinstall battery?
Relevancy 85.57%

I am facing some problem in my laptop since last three days, battery is not getting charged and showing message as "0% available (plugged in, charging)" but the level is not increasing from zero and PC is not turning on without plugging in the cord. I think this has happened due to the last windows update three days ago as this problem occuring after that event. I tried resetting the windows but problem not solved. Please help me with the solution.

A:Battery - 0% available (plugged in, charging)

Rahul1726 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!This could be a combination of a failed battery and a failing charger. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: Please report back here what you find ...
Relevancy 85.57%

My battery now shows 0% available. I have run the diagnostic from hp assist, and got the message to recalibrate. I cant. My battery wont charge, and my computer wont turn on when it is unplugged. I ran the system extensive test and got , in red; FAILURE ID : U4XCXV-75F83H-MFPV7G-C0B303. Can somebody please help me?

A:plugged in, battery not charging

Was the failure ID associated with some specific component of the hardware test? What is your exact model number, please and how old is the laptop and the battery?
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm here to ask about my laptop problem This afternoon at 3pm, my laptop works fine and when i turn it on at 8pm, it won't charging anymore the battery show 0 percentage, and i'm charging it but it won't increase at all i've added the battery report too my laptop is Lenovo G40-45 please help me
Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.
Relevancy 85.57%

My new HP worked well for two months and now the battery is at 0% and wont charge. Im using windows 10 and its a new gaming laptop. Not sure what to do. Cheers Matt

A:Battery at 0% not charging when plugged in

Its under warranty, I would think. Start a Support case. Where are you located (country)?
Relevancy 85.57%

Issue is why is battery holding at plugged in yet not charging Is there anything I can do to remedy this What may cause this etc As of the morning of Indicates Battery at Not Charging I plugged in last night during the pm hour Not in 11% Plugged Battery Charging mountain time nbsp After plugging in I was running Utorrent overnight downloading some files A driver installation occurred yesterday for NVIDIA GEForce Game Ready Driver Release date - seemd very flawless and without incident I have two charging cables Both were working fine yesterday Battery 11% Plugged in Not Charging nbsp Both are plugged in different location on a diferent circuit Surge protected by Belkin Thank you and below are my system details OS Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows HomeVersion nbsp nbsp nbsp Build Other OS Description nbsp nbsp nbsp Not AvailableOS Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft CorporationSystem Name nbsp nbsp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxSystem Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-PackardSystem Model nbsp nbsp nbsp HP ENVY Notebook PCSystem Type nbsp nbsp nbsp x -based PCSystem SKU nbsp nbsp nbsp xxxxxxxxxxProcessor nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date nbsp nbsp nbsp Insyde F SMBIOS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Embedded Controller Version nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS Mode nbsp nbsp nbsp UEFIBaseBoard Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-PackardBaseBoard Model nbsp nbsp nbsp Not AvailableBaseBoard Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Base BoardPlatform Role nbsp nbsp nbsp MobileSecure Boot State nbsp nbsp nbsp OnPCR Configuration nbsp nbsp nbsp Binding Not PossibleWindows Directory nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWSSystem Directory nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWS system Boot Device nbsp nbsp nbsp Device HarddiskVolume Locale nbsp nbsp nbsp United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer nbsp nbsp nbsp Version User Name nbsp nbsp nbsp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxTime Zone nbsp nbsp nbsp Mountain Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory RAM nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Physical Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBAvailable Physical Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Virtual Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBAvailable Virtual Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBPage File Space nbsp nbsp nbsp GBPage File nbsp nbsp nbsp C pagefile sysHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions nbsp nbsp nbsp YesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions nbsp nbsp nbsp YesHyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware nbsp nbsp nbsp NoHyper-V - Data Execution Protection nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes
Relevancy 85.57%

Acer laptop
2 months old

I did the followings but did not fix it :

Unplugged the machine
Removed the battery
Plugged everything back in ( except the battery ) and loaded the machine
Turned off the machine
Put the battery back in.

This is the 2nd time. Fisrt time I fixed that by performing the above steps. Not this time.
Google search suggests faulty adaptor, as well as contacting Acer while still in warranty.

After googling, I came across this suggestion :
Device Manager > expand Battery > Right click at Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > uninstall > Action button > Scan for hardware changes

That did not solve the issue either.

Is there anything else I can do without calling Acer ?

A:96% Battery plugged in but not charging

Call Acer. You have a hardware problem.
Relevancy 85.57%

i have been on forums and followed the steps given ( removing battery and ac power and holding down power button for 1 minute etc) and the problem persists. my laptop is just out of warranty and my battery cannot need replacing after only just over a year. ive also seen on forums that this is a common problem with HP, have updated bios and drivers, is there anything else i can do? please help
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,I am having a strange issue. I was running windows 8.1 and then I downgraded to windows 7 and since I have downgraded to windows 7 I am having this problem battery 0% plugged, not charging. As soon as I remove the power, laptop shuts down. My laptop is less than one year old.I tried all the options on internet such as uninstalling battery driver through Device Manager.Main question I would like to ask, is this a software issue or hardware.I gave my laptop to a friend to downgrade windows and once laptop came back to me after a week, battery is not working. Before that everything was fine.Help Please....
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello! I have an ACER Aspire M laptop which is about 3 years old. The battery cannot be taken off, it's under the back cover. I have Windows 10, 64 bit. I didn't use my laptop for a few months and once I turned it on again, I got the message that the bettery is not charging. So I cannot unplug my laptop. Battery seemed to work fine before.. - I read that updating BIOS could solve the problem, but I can't do it because the system requires battery to be at  at least 30%. - I can't take off the battery, so the solution with holding power button down doesn't work as well.- I also can't unplug my laptop to reinstall the drivers. Someone help please!
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a lenovo b40, which isn't charging. Yesterday it showed "plugged in, not charging". Now, even with the charger plugged in, it doesn't display anything. Also, the power light is blinking. I pressed down the power switch with the battery attached, it simply blinked faster. When I tried the same thing without the battery, nothing happened.
Relevancy 85.57%

Yesterday, my computer stopped charging. It was fine the day before, but when I got up yesterday, I noticed I was losing juice. My battery icon says "battery plugged in, not charging." It doesn't charge when it's off, either.  This computer has an internal battery that I cannot remove. I have already tried uninstalling Microsoft ACPI and that didn't help. I have looked at the pin inside the power adapter and it seems to be properly aligned, though it's so small it's hard to tell for sure. It does seem like the adapter isn't plugging in all the way beacuse it's a bit wiggly, but that could be because of the dumb placement of the battery port.Please help! I'm a writer and I can't work with a dead computer!
Relevancy 85.57%

I did some HP Battery but plugged 57% max not charging, in recommended updates including a bios update and now I am Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57% getting Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57% some issues with battery charging I've not Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57% tied the upgrades to the battery issue so I would prefer to keep an open mind to it being something else I'm now getting the message whenever I click on the battery icon that says Battery plugged in but not charging and it will not charge above - I am also unable to get my HP Toolbox FX to work properly so that limits my choices to doing battery status checks I switched charging cables and bought a new battery and the issue remains HP support is lacking when it comes to the remedies offered I looked through the forums for this and keep seeing the HP affiliated members continue to put out links to non-functioning or unrelated links This is becoming nbsp a very time consuming issue that should have a fix and not get run around by HP support nbsp I tried a system restore to a known point of no issues and I still am unable to get resolution on this problem nbsp Does anyone know of a real fix for this issue once and for all

A:Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57%

Can we possibly know the full model number of the laptop? DV7s cover many years and many models with different hardware platforms.
Relevancy 85.57%

My battery does not charge when plugged in (says plugged in, not charging).  Can't figure out how to fix it. Please help!

A:Battery not charging and plugged in

Shayna226 wrote:My battery does not charge when plugged in (says plugged in, not charging).  Can't figure out how to fix it. Please help! Hi, Kindly follow the steps here Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Relevancy 85.57%

Running Windows 10. When PC is plugged in the battery is not charging. When I remove the power cord the PC turns off.
Relevancy 85.57%

My laptop was working fine yesterday, but when I booted it up this morning, I got the dreaded "Plugged in, not charging". I've tried the fix that's everywhere on the internet
>Disconnect AC
>Remove battery
>Connect AC
>In Device Manager, Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall
>Disconnect AC
>Insert battery
>Connect AC

but when I finished, it still said "Plugged in, not charging" I'm a poor college kid, so I don't know If I can afford a new battery. help.
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I recently updated my laptop and now I have got a battery problem. The charger is plugged in but it says not charging. However, the laptop continues to work perfectly fine even though the battery indicator shows 8% remaining. But as soon as I remove the charger, low battery alert pops up. Does not charge even when shut down.Please help. Here is the screenshot.
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello - My laptop is not charging. It displays "plugged in, not charging". I've tried uninstalling the battery driver from the the device manager and reinstalling with no luck. I've even tried switching batteries. The computer does run only on AC power if I remove the battery. Anyone have ideas on what else I can try? Thanks

Did you follow these steps when uninstalling?
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, I found a lot of answers on the topic but unfortunately none resolved it. So it's simple - the charger is not charging beyond 44% and recently it increased to 48%, and it says "not charging". Battery health is good, I updated the bios, reinstalled both battery drivers multiple times in multiple ways. I am using windows 10, desktop and longevity options for battery are disabled. Only thing I didn't try yet is turning off computer, battery out for 2-3h, etc. due to not having clear steps on how to perform it + would like to know if it's needed.
Appreciate the help! Thanks
Relevancy 85.57%

I recently received a HP Stream Notebook - 13-c055na (ENERGY STAR) from a freind and they told me that battery did not work and needed replacing. I began using the computer and everytime it started the computer came up saying: Primary (internal) battery 601 needs to be replaced since it is detecting the storge capacity to be low. So i got a new battery and its doing the exact same thing and will just shut off whenever the ac adapter is not plugged in. I have changed the power plan settings and this made no difference.

A:Won't run on battery at all and says plugged in not charging

Press Esc at power up and then F2 to run the diagnostics menu and there should be a component test for the battery that you can run.
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello! I am having HP 15 notebook  pc 15-r062tu with window 8 (64-bit) installed. when i plug in the charger, it says  0% available (PLugged in, not Charging). i have tried running HP Battery Check .It shows the following result.  Can you tell what is the problem with my Battery?Thank you  

A:Charger Plugged in, But Battery not Charging

If the software that is trying to communicate with the smart chip inside the battery can't specify the problem nether can we. However, the end result is pretty easy to figure out. The battery needs to be replaced. The question is who is going to pay for it and if you are under warranty HP wil, but if not, you will have to buy it. We are happy to help with purchase suggestions and links if you tell us what country you live in.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an Acer Aspire V5-473P laptop. Originally it was Windows 8 then upgraded to Windows 10. Couple of days ago the hard-drive suddenly died. We put in another hard drive and did a clean installation of windows 10. Now it works fine, except that battery shows as plugged in, not charging. So it can only run with adapter and can't use battery at all. We tried reset the battery (use the reset battery pinhole and disconnect/reconnect battery). Also tried delete the battery's driver. After reboot the driver installed by itself. But neither of these methods work. Any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks!
Relevancy 84.71%

Since a few days I am having a problem with the nbsp battery of my notebook I have my notebook plugged in but it won't charge When pointing the battery icon in the system tray it says available plugged in not charging nbsp It started of a few weeks ago when the notifications for low battery stopped appearing where it normally did so at and This was not plugged HP Pavilion G7 battery not charging in, - a major issue for me however I looked around at the forums and I couldn't fix it with the advice here This also goes HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging for this newer issue I tried uninstalling the drivers for the battery removing the battery from my laptop restarting Windows nbsp and nbsp reinstalling the battery in different orders none of which nbsp do the job nbsp There's HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging no damage to the battery When I remove it from the laptop I can work using the power cord nbsp I did a battery check with the HP support assistance and it says I need to purchase a HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging new battery But I can't really accept that it can't be that it stops working so suddenly The battery had an outstandinlgy good lifetime up until a few days ago I don't want to pay for something that still has a lot of potential to be functioning well nbsp My serial number is Moderator edited Serial Number My product number is E R E ABH The model code is G - ED nbsp Please help me on this one

A:HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging

Hi @Lewistrick  Thank you for your query.  I grasp that until a few days ago your battery was working well but now it will not charge. You followed some suggestion in the forum but they did not help. You ran the battery test and were informed you need to replace this one.  You are concerned that the test may be faulty and that you do not need to replace it. Here are two documents to help you understand battery life and provides an alternative method to test the battery to ensure the first test was correct. HP Notebook PCs - Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology Battery information center.  If I have helped, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below.? and if your issue is resolved please click solution provide to help other people find this information .  Best of Luck and have a terrific weekend!
Relevancy 84.71%

I have used my T450s for serveral months, it originally has windows8.1 and I upgraded it to windows 10. Everything went well at first. Then recently "battery 2 notdetected/ installed but not supported" kinda thing keep pop-up. And today when I tried to power on my T450s, this showd before booting into windows: The battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge.Please replace the battery with the correct Lenovo battery for this system.Press the ESC key to continue. Then my 2nd battery is always 0%-5% and not charging My second battery is model 68 which is the right one for my T450s and it is the original one with my Thinkpad. What should I do? (Edited: from "used my T450s  for several years" to "used my T450s  for several months"  )

Go to Solution.

A:Battery 2 (0%) plugged in not charging in Windows1...

I'm having an extremely similar situation--in a T440p (which I've used for >a year so far), a day or two ago it simply stopped charging when plugged in (in windows 10 it said "plugged in, not charging"); I tried all the standard fixes but eventually because I had to use the battery, it went down to 0% and is now showing the issues that TenkiGu is describing. Edit:To provide more information on my situation:I do not know for sure when I first started having issues, but my computer has logs of the battery charge and it shows it getting fully charged; I believe I then took it out and ran it on battery for a bit, plugged it in again, and the battery never started charging; it just sat at ~80%. Since then I've run the battery down the rest of the way between trying to get it to work and because I needed to use the computer on battery power for a couple of hours. I never did anything particularly odd before it started having issues (eg, I didn't happen to update drivers and then suddenly have it stop working).The battery itself seemed to be fine (it did last for ~4 hours), but when plugged in it simply didn't charge, even when the computer was shut down fully (which is the really odd part--if it were a driver issue I would've expected it to charge when shut down). I tried doing all the various solutions you find suggested online and in various forums. Now that the battery is fully drained, it simply thinks it is a bad battery (and it still won't charge when fully shut down). I'm starting to worry that even if the battery wasn't bad when the issues started, it may be going bad now.I had similar (but not identical) issues a while back and fiddling with the energy manger settings in windows worked, but when I had those issues it still charged when fully shut down; now it doesn't.
Relevancy 84.71%

My thinkpad x1 sometimes does not charge at all. It shuts down if I remove the power cable. Normally it does this every two or three charges, but now is stuck at 14% and it will not charge.  I have tried everything, reinstall, install drivers. Reseted from the back. Nothing! If I remove the power, it will shut down. I cannot also access the support site for any drivers, it redirects me to my country  and of course it does not have anything for a population of 3 milion (maybe 100 Lenovos for the total population). Those supporters at Thinkpad must be very stupid to even think about using the location for redirection.
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, basically the problem in the title. Laptop does work without battery in but when it is in, it says Plugged in, not charging and the battery is at 0%. Ive tried several different outlets

A:Laptop plugged in, not charging. Battery at 0%

Your battery has died, you need to buy a new one.  Same thing happened to me a couple of times over the over the years.
Have a great day!
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Battery charging problem: in, Plugged not there I have a Samsung NP uc that seems to have a dead battery The machine is about years old or thereabouts Just want to see if anybody has any tips for me before directly trying to replace the battery Basically it was working fine and then suddenly I got a message saying quot The battery is not operating under normal condition Replacing Battery problem: Plugged in, not charging the battery pack is highly recommended If the adapter is removed in current state You may lose your data Please save your data immediately The battery pack is consumerable device This pack is not working correctly or life is ended Please stop using the battery or replace it for your safety quot Now naturally that error seem pretty damning However I had battery bar installed and also downloaded batteryinfo tool and it indicates that the battery wear level is only and further the 'rate of charge' under battery bar indicates mw - perhaps leading me to think it is a problem with the charger itself I did some searching and a few suggested solutions were unplug and clean everything which I did to no avail I also uninstalled the batteries under 'device manager - batteries' and scanned for new devices however this did not solve the problem Windows itself doesn't give the 'considering replacing your battery' warning either but just says 'plugged in not charging' stuck at If I unplug the power cord the machine dies completely And I can't start it without the cable in either The battery light itself is ominously flashing orange blue I guess tomorrow I might try find a different charger in case that is the problem and then if that fails I guess I'll have to try a new battery Would anyone have any suggestions prior to that Unfortunately it's not covered under any warranty anymore Thanks in advance

A:Battery problem: Plugged in, not charging

well if it runs with the charger plugged in and dies when unplugged I think it would be the battery causing the issue, seems to be a common issue for all laptops.

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, my Hp Envy 15 x360 says "plugged in not charging" anytime i connect the adapter and the charge indicator blinks. i allowed the battery to drain completely and connected the adapter and it was charging. but when it got to 100% charge, it still showed "plugged in charging" and the charging indicator was still red even though the battery was full. it has now gone back to the blinking white indicator light again and says "plugged in not charging"Hp Forums must help find a solution to this problem ASAP. Thanks Acapella_Kafs

A:Battery "plugged in not charging" issue

could you could try what mkush wrote in a previous post.Disconnect ACShutdownRemove batteryConnect ACStartupUnder the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it?s ok if you only have 1).ShutdownDisconnect ACInsert batteryConnect ACStartupor it could be a problem with the charger or port
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello! I am having HP 15 notebook  pc 15-r062tu with window 8 (64-bit) installed. when i plug in the charger, it says  0% available (PLugged in, not Charging). i have tried running HP Battery Check .It shows the following result.  Can you tell what is the problem with my Battery?  

A:Charger Plugged in, But Battery not Charging