Windows Support Forum

RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

Q: RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

Hello I have a desktop with motherboard Via KT CF- ruinign on windows xp I had a MB memory and the computer was running very slow with lots K7VTA3 ECS RAM v8) fully isn't recognized (board of RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8) lags I decided to buy some more memory and bought the lot of two kit Kingston KVR X C AK total of GB I opened the computer and inserted the two memory sticks on the motherboard and switch on the computer As it runs BIOS says only MB Ram and not GB RAM Other times it reads sometimes says MB and one time said MB RAM Its very strange this Whats going on I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR SDRAM Did I bought a wrong set of memory sticks or is it something wrong in the computer data from Everest software ID Motherboard -KT CF- -K VTA C- Motherboard ECS K VTA v Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization North Bridge VIA VT Apollo KT Thanks Boto nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM.Click to expand...

You bought DDR400 so I'd say your RAM is not supported by your motherboard. Also, the voltage standard for your motherboard is 2.5 volts. Your RAM needs 2.6 volts although it should still run if your motherboard supported it in the first place. You might be able to bump up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't say for sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-isnt-fully-recognized-board-ecs-k7vta3-v8.159153/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

a friend of mine asked me to upgrade his memory because he had too less. He bought his Acer computer about two month ago.
It has an Asus P4V8X-MX Motherboard with two slots. In the first slot he had 256 MB of DDR RAM 400, the second was empty. But the system showed up with only 195 MB of RAM. So I bought two new sticks, each 256 MB of DDR RAM 400 (Kingston) as in the manual recommended. But now it only recognize 442MB of RAM!
What's the problem?

CPU Intel Celeron 2.66 GHz

A:RAM not fully recognized

this motherboard has onboard video doesnt it? There is where the 64Mb of ram is going

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-not-fully-recognized.457631/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm adding a third disk to my PC and am unable to get to a point where Win 7 recognizes the hardware with a drive letter. The Device Mgr says there are three hard drives attached and the Storage Controller tab recognizes the Marvel 91XX chipset and says the driver for the Sata III Ports is installed.

MB: ASUS P7X58D-E
C:\ is Intel 80gb SSD using SATA II port
D:\ is Hitachi 1TB drive using SATA II port

Trying to add Seagate 2TB drive using SATA III port as E:\

The BIOS sees the drive under the Marvel Chipset but there it seems to want to set up a RAID array rather than just have another disk.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this drive fully recognized?

A:Added Disk not fully recognized by OS

Go to disk management and see if it is recognized there. If it is, it will have to be initialized, and a partition added, formatted and a drive letter assigned. Then it should be recognized in the OS. If Disk Management sees it, just create a new simple volume and follow the wizzard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194271-added-disk-not-fully-recognized-os.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have Gigs of DDR PC- RAM sticks of it are A-Data they advertise to run at mhz I believe this is them http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E The other are PNY that also advertise on the packaging to run at mhz I think this is them only mine have heat spreaders http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id There are problems one is that Windows XP Media Center x not speed full being and running RAM recognized, fully not so -bit is RAM not being fully recognized, and not running full speed only recognizing gigs in system properties The other thing is that when I run CPU-z it tells me that the RAM is only running at mhz average It reports the PNY sticks as running at mhz and the A-Data running at mhz Both however say they are capable of mhz Here is a picture of my mobo s RAM slots http claninfectionist com images misc untitled jpg RAM not being fully recognized, and not running full speed And one of the RAM installed http claninfectionist com images misc untitled jpg I just recently installed XP Media Center over Vista but Vista I had bit recognized all gigs though it also reported them running slower than Is there anything I can do anout this or should I just stop complaining that I m losing a few hundred megahertz Thank you in advance EDIT Here is a picture of all the parts in my computer I didn t have one of just the RAM modules but you can see them http claninfectionist com images misc untitled jpg nbsp

A:RAM not being fully recognized, and not running full speed

You might not have anything wrong. 32 bit operating systems, whether XP or Vista, will not recognize the full 4GB of RAM, a 64 bit OS will. The 3.25GB is about right.

Keep in mind your RAM is DDR2. DDR is double data rate so it will be reported in the BIOS and CPU-Z at about half of its rated speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-being-fully-recognized-and-not-running-full-speed.104224/
Relevancy 58.48%

Howdy I m trying to use a Samsung SC-D Camcorder for the first time It has a DV-Out jack I ve attached that using a - pin firewire cord to a PCMCIA firewire card on my notebook computer Dell Inspiron m running Windows XP Home edition service pack in case that helps The firewire card was recognized and installed fine by Windows XP Seems that all is well for the card anyway how hardware? (fully) camcorder new to re-recognize - recognized not I plugged the camcorder into the firewire card It STARTED to get recognized but somehow it didn t quite finish the installation process A quot new hardware quot bubble appeared saying something about a Samsung DV so that seemed like a good start However it then seemed to get interrupted somehow It never said quot your new hardware is installed and ready to use quot A window appeared asking what I wanted to do record movie or whaterver but the window disappeared before I could make a choice The installation doesn t seem to have finished properly Windows Movie Maker says that quot A video capture device camcorder not (fully) recognized - how to re-recognize new hardware? was not detected Verify that a device is turned on and connected properly and then try again quot The camcorder IS turned on When I connect the firewire cable a quot DV quot icon appears on the camcorder s LCD screen so I assume that means that the firewire connection has been properly made But Windows just doesn t know that the camera is there The camera does not appear in Device Manager not sure if it is supposed to or not I think that it didn t get recognized installed properly for some reason Unplugging it and plugging it back in again to the firewire card does not seem to have any affect Rebooting the machine does not seem to help Turning the camcorder on and off again does not seem to help Is there a way I can wipe clean Windows XP s memory of the camcorder device so it can re-start the process of recognizing it as a new device I think that the first time it got interrupted and something went wrong Any ideas Thanks very much for any advice you can give nbsp

A:camcorder not (fully) recognized - how to re-recognize new hardware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camcorder-not-fully-recognized-how-to-re-recognize-new-hardware.476758/
Relevancy 57.62%

My new system specs are Gigabyte K T Triton Via KT chipset XP MB Kingston PC memory two identical Maxtor GB MB cache hard drives CDRW DVD Rom Gainwanward Hard Drive Fully Size Not Recognized Slave Ti video card SB live and Windows XP Pro The two hard drives were in my previous set up I changed my system due to a motherboard failure The hard drives worked fine and do so in my new setup except for the fact that whichever hard drive is in the Slave position is recognized by the BIOS and Windows as only GB in size Presently this drive is one large partition When I first set up this system my present Master was the Slave It was not fully recognized as GB so I disconnected this drive and made the other drive the Master It was then recognized as GB so I installed Windows XP Pro and set up three partitions My problem is that the other the quot first quot Master now the Slave hard drive is now only seen as MB I am at a loss as to how to proceed to get the second HD seen at it s GB size or what and where this problem originates This is my first Gigabyte motherboard I could realy use some help with this Also the system does not shut down except by holding the power button for seconds after clicking Shut Down If I don t use the Power button the system will restart Windows This quot button shut quot down works OK--no data loss or boot up problems the next time I start up but I have always had the sdreen Shut Down power off the system automatically nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I just bought a western digital 160GB hard drive to replace the one in my firewire case. The drive works fine but is only recognized as being 137GB.
I'm not sure why it is not seeing all of the drive.
Anyone have any ideas.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
My motherboard reads 'Intel D850MV/D850EMV2'
Ever since I reloaded 'Windows 2000 Prfessional' my sound doesn't work. My speakers are functional. So the problem isn't there. I downloaded a sound-card utility programme. When I run it, it says that I don't have a sound card. That can not be, since my motherboard has an on-board sound device.
Do I need to reload windows? What are the possible solutions? One of my friends suggested that I look for drivers for the sound card. That is not working cos my computer refuses to believe that a sound card exists anywhere on the system! If that be so the question of drivers doesn't arise at this stage. How do I get my computer to believe that there is a sound card available to it?
Thanks in anticipation.

A:On-Board sound card not being recognized

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Untill you install the sound drivers, your computer won`t recognise your sound card.

Go HERE and download, and install your audio drivers.

Might I also suggest you download your chipset drivers as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-not-being-recognized.39690/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Folks,

I got a hold of a ECS k7vta3 v8.0c motherboard and wondering what the difference was between the k7vta3 v8.0 and the k7vta3 v8.0c. Can I pop a AMD 2200+ XP it or should I try a different cpu.

Anyone have any experience with any of these boards.
Late,

A:k7vta3 v8.0c mobo

I can find no ref on the ECS website to k7vta3 v8.0c or v8.0. I however did find that if your mobo is a recent shipment it will support up to an AMD Athlon XP2600+ So I would think that popping a 2200+ in it will work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/k7vta3-v8-0c-mobo.195390/
Relevancy 52.89%

k7vta3 ver.2 with bios update that allows it to support athlon xp cpu's will not post. Post's, boots, and am currently using a 'lil duron. I did change to 133mhz bus speed when swapping cpu's, but that's the only setting I can find by either jumper or in bios. Tried athlon xp in an msi board and it worked fine, so I know there's some setting I'm forgetting to change with the mobo. Any ideas?
Again, I swapped back and forth between duron and athlon xp changing only fsb speeds (100/133) and heatsinks w/ fans.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello~

I'm not an exp'd computer tech or anything, just an avid gamer that tinkers with some pc's here and there. However, I like to learn.

Here is the problem with this particular computer.

Except for a few old parts this was a new build. Everything was installed and working properly, then after loading Win98se, the onboard sound quit working. The graphics also quit working properly but I managed to fix them.

As for the sound, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. The sound is showing in device manager as working properly. But, there is still no sound.

Any clues??

A:K7VTA3 & Sound problems

Check to make sure the speakers work and that they are connected to the right port on the back of the computer. You may also want to check the volume levels in the Volume Control and the settings in Multimedia in the Control Panel.

Aside from that you could try downloading the latest sound drivers from the ECS website: http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/dw_spec.asp?product_id=352

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/k7vta3-sound-problems.192371/
Relevancy 52.03%

Well i turned on my pc and the screen said this.

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000, Award Software Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTERClick to expand...

So I went to the bios manufacturers web site and on the site it says.

The checksum of the BIOS code in the BIOS chip is incorrect, indicating the BIOS code may have become corrupt. Contact your system dealer to replace the BIOS.Click to expand...

How do I replace the bios on my system, because I built it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BIOS Problem Elitegroup K7VTA3 v0.8 Motherboard.

first off, i'd like to point out that ecs (with the exception of a few models) makes pretty crappy motherboards that often fail like this. you can see whether the battery has gone dead, or download bios updates from the ecs website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problem-elitegroup-k7vta3-v0-8-motherboard.33016/
Relevancy 52.03%

BIOS Problem Elitegroup K7VTA3 v0.8 Motherboard.

I was installing Windows XP Home Editition on my pc so I left my computer on because I had to go somewhere when I came back it was frozen so I pressed the restart button. When it turned on the screen read.

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000, Award Software Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error
Keyboard error or no keyboard present

Detecting floppy drive A media
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTERClick to expand...

I don't know what to do my keyboard is working and its connected but I can't even go into the BIOS setup.
I would really really appreciate if anyone can help me at this.

A:BIOS Problem Elitegroup K7VTA3 v0.8 Motherboard.

Unplug the system from A/C power or turn off the power supply if it has a switch, then set the CMOS jumper to erase. On that board it is right next to the battery. Leave it there for 30 seconds, then replace.

Boot the machine back up and try to go into BIOS immediately. If it fails, check your connections; make sure the keyboard is securely plugged into the PS/2 port.

Try that and report back!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problem-elitegroup-k7vta3-v0-8-motherboard.28720/
Relevancy 46.87%

uninstalled mcafee but when i right-click on something i still get a mcafee scan option?  how do i remove it? i am runnning microsoft windows 7 starter x86 32 bit thanks.  

I have already ran revo pro uninstaller and removed some registry items.  i ran the program in advanced mode and removed everything.

its basically gone but i still get a mcafee icon on the desktop every time i turn on the computer and when i right click a file it gives me a (mcafee) scan button which does nothing because the p'rograms not there...

this nuances are frustrating how do i remove them?

Thanks in advance.

A:McAfee won't fully uninstall? How to fully remove?

Hello and Welcome -
Please follow this item from McAfee - Fully uninstall McAfee
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486183/mcafee-wont-fully-uninstall-how-to-fully-remove/
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

A:hard drive NOT recognized in computer but IS recognized in disk mgmnt.

Quote: Originally Posted by PERSIL

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

Had similarities on my pc.

Goto BIOS, there you have 4 options.

Primary Master
Secondary Master

Primary Slave
Secondary Slave

Set it as follows:

Primary Master -----> Main Boot HDD
Secondary Master -----> EMPTY

Primary Slave -----> CD/DVD RAM
Secondary Slave -----> Secondary backup HDD
Hpe it helps!

Gala

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310859-hard-drive-not-recognized-computer-but-recognized-disk-mgmnt.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I have a PC which is having a lot of trouble recognizing a USB data acquisition device USB Device Recognized shut-down on method Recognized based / Not Starting from a situation where the PC does recognize the device here is the basic pattern PC shows device in Device Manager under quot Data Acquisition Devices quot If the PC is power-cycled via the power plug itself the device is no longer recognized under Device Manager quot Unknown Device quot If the PC is power-cycled via Start Menu -- gt Turn Off same results as above no longer recognized If the PC is USB Device Recognized / Not Recognized based on shut-down method power-cycled USB Device Recognized / Not Recognized based on shut-down method via Start Menu -- gt Restart no problems device recognized When the device is not recognized unplugging and replugging the USB cable makes no difference to the situation In order to correct the issue I disable and then enable via Device Manager which also involves a restart This pattern is extremely repeatable I am working with WinXP SP Pentium GHz MB RAM This PC was returned from a customer site - the PC and USB device are used in a machine my company manufactures Apparently this issue just started happening one day We want not only to correct the issue but in fact to understand the root cause and ensure it will not happen again in the future Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:USB Device Recognized / Not Recognized based on shut-down method

You could try reinstalling the usb drivers.
JohnWill has fix that is worth a try

Johnwill's solution

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-device-recognized-not-recognized-based-on-shut-down-method.975846/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all It has been a while since I ve needed help but my run of luck has recognized/password not drive recognized Internal not hit an ugly downturn Moved my computer three weeks ago and had not plugged it all back together till last night All these years I had used it without a password to log in but a few months back a tech friend expressed horror at this so I started using one Last night no matter what I did it wouldn t Internal drive not recognized/password not recognized let me log in saying incorrect password Today as I messed around again I went through the steps of asking it to reset password even though I didn t have disc for reset and realized it does not seem to be recognizing my internal drive If one of my externals are on they come up but if I turn off externals I get a bubble that says No Drive This feature requires removable media etc My drive seems to be running and the Windows logos do appear during boot My keyboard seems to be functioning to type password but when I hit F while rebooting I get no reaction so cannot boot to safe mode just goes right back to log in page I have had mold moisture issues in this new house but have had a dehumidifier running since just a few days after computer arrived here However I do see some evidence of mold or dust in the case not a lot but some Not sure what the root of this problem is but I am trying hard not to panic Any ideas nbsp

A:Internal drive not recognized/password not recognized

Your tech. friend may have mis-understood when you need a password.
If you are at home and only you and you trusted family have access to you computer, there is no need whatsoever for a logon password.
The only time I have ever needed one is when I was using my own laptop on clients site when I was contracting and I would leave it on the desk over lunch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-drive-not-recognized-password-not-recognized.1118763/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an 8GB sd card i used while traveling and upon trying to get the pictures from it the computer does not recognize the card at all, no prompts, nothing. I have tried it in multiple pcs and macs and no response. My Cannon Rebel XS camera says no images found. However, when I plug it into my brother's Cannon PowerShot it actually recognizes and shows all pictures on the card. Does anyone have any reason why this is happening and how I can recover the pictures? I am not willing to just format to make the card work again, I must have these pictures.

A:SD Card not recognized in computer but recognized on camera

Have you tried leaving the card in the camera and attaching to the computer to d/l the pictures that way. I have an Olympus camera and the pictures will d/l fine with the card left in the camera.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-not-recognized-in-computer-but-recognized-on-camera.851479/
Relevancy 37.84%

hello all i did try to read about this before asking here but am confused by conflicting opinions on whether it s detrimental to your notebook particularly the battery to either leave it plugged in to a power source all the time and whether you should ever let it completely drain off in order to recharge it cycle it the community here has helped me more times than i can count and i trust in the knowledge and intentions of the people here so i wanted fully NOT to or notebook to fully : discharge pcs discharge?! :) to ask notebook pcs : to fully discharge or NOT to fully discharge?! :) here where i know the folks won t steer me wrong and in a related concern i was trying to find out is it possible to OKAY to operate the computer with its battery cartridge removed if one does want to keep it plugged in to a wall for extended notebook pcs : to fully discharge or NOT to fully discharge?! :) periods of time would that help prevent deterioration of the battery and separately i know heat is no good for laptops i have a dell inspiron with a li-ion battery i believe it s type gp that is about years old so maybe the battery was on borrowed time anyway but it also has without a choice i m afraid overheated a few times this summer because i m forced to stay in an attic without any air conditioning or even a fan and sometimes i feel like I M going to croak so i imagine it can t be good for the compu thank you all for spending your time here and lending your knowledge to the rest of us who need all the help we can get god bless princi notebook pcs : to fully discharge or NOT to fully discharge?! :) nbsp

A:notebook pcs : to fully discharge or NOT to fully discharge?! :)

Here is info on laptop batteries.
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lithium-ion-battery.htm
Being as the lithium ion battery only has about 5% self
discharge rate,it should be fine to leave it out for some time.
Try to charge it every 6 months or so.
Don't let it completely discharge.
Other types of batteries can have a memory effect and need
to be completely discharged periodically.
This is not the case with yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-pcs-to-fully-discharge-or-not-to-fully-discharge.850118/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have an old PC Compaq Presario Desktop that i purchased from a yard sale I removed the old HD and replaced it with a by BIOS not recognized but HD scandisk recognized HD by quantum gb at Lct HD that had Windows ME OS on it I booted the pc and it booted fine except windows booted up in bit color I shut down and booted again same thing i shut down a third time and checked BIOS settings then set them to default Now BIOS doesn t recognize the HD or the CD-ROM drive I have checked all connection reset BIOS removed the CMOS battery I literally have tried everything I can think of to get things going on this old PC but I am at the end of my rope I will say that scandisk will recognize the HD and says it is OK I have also taken the HD out and hooked it up to another PC and it boots up Windows ME just HD recognized by scandisk but HD not recognized by BIOS fine I have also tried every jumper setting on the HD and Cd-rom to no avail and the only drive that shows up in BIOS is the floppy drive which will boot up a Windows ME Boot Disk I don t have a problem installing a fresh OS but want and need the PC to recognize the drives before i can do that correct I am ready to pull my hair out Can anyone please help HD recognized by scandisk but HD not recognized by BIOS me nbsp

A:HD recognized by scandisk but HD not recognized by BIOS

probably the booting sequence is wrong due to the fact that you told the BIOS to load the preferred defaults. If you have a standard BIOS:

*go to advanced BIOS settings.... your going to see a big list of options .

<< check this picture for visual example>>
*take a look at the first , second and third boot device and change them to:

1- HDD - 0
2- HDD - 1
3- HDD - 2

Alternate them accordingly.

**probably the reason why your pc booted up at 16 bit the first time , may be
because you haven't installed the drivers for your video card yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-recognized-by-scandisk-but-hd-not-recognized-by-bios.107246/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,

My laptop does not recgonize DVD+/-RW. It recognizes all other media except rewriteable DVD.

Following are my specs
Laptop Brand and Make: Sony Vaio N Series (VGN-N37GH/B)
DVD Drive: Sony DVD RW AW-G540A ATA Device
DVD Media Brand (which I tried): Sony DVD-RW

What I've tried:
1)Reached out to Sony support and they suggested removal of upper filter and lower filter as per Microsoft KB (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060)
2)Uninstalling Roxio and Nero
3)Reinstalling Nero

I am attaching output of Nero Info, Error during the burn process, screenshot of Nero Info Tool and screenshot of Nero Express Essentials.

Not sure what is wrong where and sony support as usual is not helpful...
Please heeeellllllppppp......

A:Rewriteable DVD not recognized - All other media recognized

Your DVD player may not be re-writeable. Check your specs. Some players are read only and some are read/write. At least this will help you to the next step in determining a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rewriteable-dvd-not-recognized-all-other-media-recognized.834965/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone Yesterday my laptop pushed a new Win update and all went fine or at least I think so But today I see that my Sony WALKMAN - which I used with no problem until now can't be recognized anymore Basically it just shows as E or Usb Drive E but when I click it it says quot not device my recognized in recognized on USB but other laptop pcs/lap Please insert a disk into E quot like there is nothing there Now the interesting part is if I go to Device Manager I see it and clicking on properties etc t says it's working fine But USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap if I go to Disk Management the Drive shows as gb of unallocated space and it's greyed out However if USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap I put it on my brother's laptop it works perfectly and it can be opened music moved into it etc - it shows as Healthy - Primary Partition in Disk Management So it doesn't seem broken It's the same on each of the usb ports btw But other usb devices phones tablet don't have any issue and are detected What could have caused this I tried the basic Disable Enable in Device Manager and also Uninstall Driver It doesn't do anything it appears back when I replug it in No change in Safe Mode and no change after sfc scannow If anyone has any idea I'd be happy to try anything to fix this Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58943-usb-device-not-recognized-my-laptop-but-recognized-other-pcs-lap.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Howdy,

I recently added two sticks of new RAM to my computer, but when I turned it on again I got the two-beep "RAM Not Detected" signal. I removed the new RAM, but I still got the two-beep signal after turning it on. I've removed the old RAM, sprayed the area with duster, put the old RAM back and still have the same problem.

What to do? Thanks.

A:Solved: New RAM not recognized - removed it now the old RAM isn't recognized

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-ram-not-recognized-removed-it-now-the-old-ram-isnt-recognized.1115940/
Relevancy 33.97%

So i have a seagate 1tb external HDD, and it's been plugged into my desktop computer, with network sharing turned on, but our wifi is password protected, so i don't know if that has that much to do with it.
anywhos, my computer likes to restart and sometimes not start back up on occasion, and the last time it did this, my hard drive wouldn't be recognized. I went through troubleshooting on the seagate website, and in the device manager, the HDD is there. upon unplugging, it doesn't show up, so the DM is correct. But when i go to "My Computer" (XP home edition), nothing is showing up. Any ideas/suggestions?

A:seagate recognized but not recognized.

note- it does spin up when i plug it in and everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-recognized-but-not-recognized.935294/
Relevancy 33.97%

An external hard drive works perfectly fine via USB 2, but USB 3.0 won't recognize the drive. It ignores it entireley. It won't even appear in the list of hard disks in Disk Manager, @Active or EaseUS Partition Manager.A driver issue? A h/w issue?  Creating a partition on the external drive, creating and formatting a logical drive did NOT solve this problem with a brand-new drive designed to work via USB 3.0.Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/External-HDD-not-recognized-on-USB-3-0-but-recognized-on-USB/td-p/5814985
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok so I have Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 currently and installing all my new updates right now and I have 4GB RAM and a 2.66 GHZ Quad core, intel and I have a 500GB Sata HDD but only 127GB of it are being recognized, how do I get all 500GB?

A:HDD not being fully used

Hello Calendk, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Could you post back a screenshot of your Disk Management window? It will help give us a better idea of what may be happening with your hard drive. You may have some unallocated space on the drive.

Thank you,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/225070-hdd-not-being-fully-used.html
Relevancy 33.54%

An EX mate of mine ran his XP Pro CD through his system and deleted virtually everything - - -Is there any way to try and bring the computer back from its now Day 1 setup and find anything that existed -Mainly system setups etc so that I can help him get this thing back and running - I can pull the back off and find the M/B make etc if needed , but everything else is set to Generic M/soft from looking at the System Hardware panel -There is nothing in Control Panel that I can find that even lists the maker etc . .Thanks for any little bits of help -

A:Ran XP CD and now fully at Day 1

What do you mean by "ran his XP Pro CD through his system"? Formatted and reinstalled Windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409617/ran-xp-cd-and-now-fully-at-day-1/
Relevancy 33.54%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 33.11%

ive just built a new system

Q6600 - 2.40GHz
4 x 1Gb OCZ 6400 RAM
Asus P5K Premium mobo
etc.

but when i run CPU-Z to see its performance it rates the CPU at 1600MHz despite the description being Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

whats wrong with it?

if you need any more info let me know

A:CPU not performing fully...help

SpeedStep -read about it!

edit: and because I am lazy, read here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19735554-CPUZ-multiplier-wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-not-performing-fully-help.101263/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 with Windows 7. I ran Microsoft Security Essentials, went to work, came home and the computer is on the home screen (?) and flashes a quick black screen. The longer the computer is on, the shorter the flashing screen intervals are.
I have tried F keys and am only able to bring up Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and SafeMode with CMD, but NONE of these work and the computer does the same loop once loaded.
I have tried accessing all F keys and none bring up a BIOS or Sys. Recovery. I Have tried removing the battery and power and holding the power button.
ANY help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated. I have to complete some coursework and need the computer asap.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-wont-load-fully-1064986.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My cpu isnt being fully used.  my cpu is i7-3612qm on my dv6t-7000 laptop. Its only utilizing 58% . Uck. Its not the power settings, which is on high power. i even went and checked the high power settings which show the plan max being 100%.  Im unsure of where else to look. i know its not throttling, on a stress test with aida it wont even go above 58. it went up to the mid 80s on windows 7. Not really sure what to do here.:/ any ides? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-47shM1_jyoMzh1cU8xdl9Pakk < pic in the link 

A:CPU Not being fully utilized

Skittled_Brains There are several different models of the DV6 7000, some coming with Win7, others with Win8. If your model has Win8 drivers, you could try installing the chipset drivers and that would probably help performance. But, to check for drivers, I would need you to follow these directions for finding the detailed product number:  Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support If it only has Win7 drivers, the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC. HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers is needs for full functionality simply do not exist!  To restore full functionality, you would need to do a factory reset using HP Recovery Media to its original pre-installed OS. ood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/CPU-Not-being-fully-utilized/td-p/5669762
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have recently found this problem on my PC. Once I try to turn it on, the PC's LED doesn't light up and my CPU and GPU fans are running but my pc is not on and not showing on my monitor. It is a new PC and I don't know what the problem might be. Only people that are 100% of the problem reply please, thank you a lot for your support.

Note: Is it bad for my computer to be turned off from the on and off button that is located at the back of my PC?

Specs: Windows 10
AMD r9 390 GPU
i7 4790k
16gb ram
650 watts PSU (Corsair)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-wont-turn-on-fully.1164514/
Relevancy 33.11%

I burned some mp3s onto a CDRW and wanted to delete it so I could burn some new mp3s on it, but when I format the CD it doesn't fully erase everything (as there is still 110kb of data on it after the format) even though I perform a full format. As I can't burn any mp3s onto the CD using Windows Media if the disc is not completely empty, I was wondering whether there was something wrong with my disc or if there is another program I can use to fully format the CD.

A:CDs won't format fully

How are you "formatting" it? If you're using packet writing software, there is always some overhead. What CD burning software are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-wont-format-fully.395781/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello guys.

So I upgraded my whole rig except the HDD so that's the only drive I have in my computer. So the time has come where I'm buying a SSD! When I have that SSD, I should run everything else such as games, music, etc on the HDD. I haven't ever did a fully formatted it.

So there's a few types of formats I think. I want the full format.
WD released a software where you get the option to "Turn Zeroes". Is that a fully format? Should I use a software? Should I delete everything on the drive before turning zeroes if that's the way out?

Hit me!

A:Fully format on HDD

Fred, check this tutorial: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Diskpart's Clean All command will do the job as explained in the tut.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198541-fully-format-hdd.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Need some good programs.

A:What do I need to protect my pc fully?

Well first off, security begins with the user & their browsing/download preferences. All of the security written cannot protect the user against theirself, as some will allow items to be opened, even if the installed security prompts a warning not to, or the user has created a huge whitelist of things to ignore or to be considered "safe".

Also, it's good to deploy adblockers (such as Adblock Plus) on the browsers, Firefox/Google Chrome/Opera has these available in their extension repository. There is a 3rd party one for IE, but it doesn't work in "Enhanced Protected Mode". NoScript is a great Firefox extension, though it does take some time to get used to. One can permanently (reversible) allow a site, or can run each on a temporary basis as needed on less frequented sites. WOT (Web Of Trust) is also a good extension to use to see reputations of sites. Generally, those in Red will be shaded upon visiting, with a warning, though if one knows 100% that it is a safe site, the user can continue to it.

Torrent software, it's also inadvisable to use these, as this provides a computer to computer (P2P) connection, along with the content that one wants, many illegal, also comes along with all sorts of malware that can do many things other than simply infect a computer. Some of these provides a direct path to all of your data, including any financial transaction information, these are forwarded to the crook whom planted the malware.

Java, unless needed, remove it from the computer. If it's needed by an app, you'll be notified of such, I ditched it over a year ago w/out side effects. There are some sites where Java is needed, such as Intel Driver Update Utility or Nvidia Update, but those sites furnishes a temporary copy to proceed.

Keep all of your installed apps & Windows up to date, including Flash. Having up to date apps are just as important as having all Windows updates current, as new releases includes security & bug fixes, in addition to sometimes offering new features.

Now, as to good security apps. This isn't an all in one solution, as a security app (AV or IS) that runs good on one computer or OS may perform poorly on another. It also depends on whether you want free or paid. And regardless of free or paid, some will run good & some not. That's why the major vendors offers a 14 to 30 day Trial period, to test compatibility before purchase. All features may not be avialable in Trial versions, such as Rescue CD's.

Free:
AVG, Avira, Avast, Bitdefender. I've used all of these with success. Currently use AVG & Avast Free on two seldom used Windows installs.

Paid:
Avast, ESET NOD32 or Smart Security, Bitdefender, Emsisoft Anti Malware (all in one AV/AM). These are the ones that I have the best experience with & currently run all on one or more Windows installs.

Questionable:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013/2014, McAfee Internet Security: I've had trouble with these on all of my computers that I've tried to run them on & refuse to retry again. KIS often is hard to uninstall, requiring to download a tool & boot into Safe Mode to remove.

Supplemental Anti Malware/Spyware Apps, these have Free & Premium versions. The difference being a Free scanner that catches things after the fact & a Premium that acts in realtime:

Malwarebytes (aka MBAM), SuperAntiSpyware. These may have to be removed to install some brands of security software, such as F-Secure & Trend Micro (there are likely others). I use the Premium of of SAS on my main computer, Premium of MBAM on all of my Windows installs,

Note that I didn't include MSE (Windows 7/Vista) & Windows Defender (installed by default on Windows 8 & above), because they're rated lower than commercial security, free or paid. Plus they're not 100% compatible with all computers.

This is a good start, maybe others will offer suggestions. I've only included the ones tha... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534658/what-do-i-need-to-protect-my-pc-fully/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everyone I have this problem On a Dell Desktop Athlon II GB Windows -bit Home did this After about a month of the computer not being used upon the startup it will get to the Background screen but will not bring in icons etc Will boot boot 7 not fully. Win will in safe mode Tried Restores to various points No success Startup repair No success Msconfig in various basic etc configurations No success - will not boot just the same Upon running Chkdsk scheduled upon reboot there were errors fixed No effect several times using Hibernation by pressing Power button and then Win 7 will not boot fully. getting out of it I got to the screen which is I think the quot logoff quot screen It said quot user such and such is logged in quot It had the user's icon shown there is only Win 7 will not boot fully. one user Upon pressing on the icon the Windows fully booted This happened not reliably meaning getting to the Logoff screen about three times Similarly after running the hardware diags from Utilities Bootup when exiting the diags it booted to the Logoff screen and upon pressing on the icon booted up I added a second user hoping I could get to the User choice login screen It does not get to it Ideas

A:Win 7 will not boot fully.

if you have not already done so; i would try doing the following from safe mode: click start, programs, accessories; system tools, then right click on command prompt and select run as administrator. Once there; type sfc /scannow and let it scan for any windows structure violations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331235-win-7-will-not-boot-fully.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have ANG Free Edition SpyBot Spy Sweeper amp Windows Washer CC Cleaner Registry Booster Etc my computer is too slow slow boot up start up The C and D Drive IS NOT SHOWN in My Computer Every Click appears a quot Corrupt file quot message please run Chkdsk S before the quot User quot Login Appears there's a CMD error message appears there wrote on it quot Logonui exe quot typed program is too big to fit in memory NOTHING HELP S i believe that my computer is Infected but maybe it'll show in HJT Log this is my HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Webroot Washer WasherSvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files GlobespanVirata Adsl dslstat exe C Program Files GlobespanVirata Adsl dslagent exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Koka Desktop Cleaning Softwares Download HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft :S Infected Fully PC Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - HKLM Run DSLSTATEXE quot C Program Files GlobespanVirata Adsl dslstat exe quot icon O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE quot C Program Files GlobespanVirata Adsl dslagent exe quot O - HKLM Run d a dc rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system ebeoouxu dll quot b O - Fully Infected PC :S HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' Fully Infected PC :S O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag e... Read more

A:Fully Infected PC :S

Hi GWKok and welcome to TSF

Sorry for the delay in getting to you, the forum has been really busy and all our helpers are volunteers.

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/fully-infected-pc-s-283874.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I was considering whether or not I should post this in the XP forum so Mods-please move if its in the wrong place After I clean installed WinXP the other day I got to installing the updates it needed One of the additional things I How uninstall do I fully NAV??? installed was Norton Anti Virus The problem was that half way through the NAV install my machine randomly rebooted the pc s been fine since then Now I can t finish the install If I attempt to run it over again I get some error message that I don t remember at the current time I checked my program list and NAV was not on it There were however numerous Registry entries How do I fully remove all reg entries and fully get rid of NAV so How do I fully uninstall NAV??? that I can do a fresh clean install of it again I m not a complete newbie to reg editing but I still consider myself a little of How do I fully uninstall NAV??? a novice So any exact instuctions I can follow or any addition help I could dig By the way if anyone knows of any good free reg edit programs post a linky or two Thanks -Matt nbsp

A:How do I fully uninstall NAV???

Here's a Symantec article and removal tool: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fully-uninstall-nav.248462/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am posting for a friend so I do not know many specifics of his computer Had mb RAM and upgraded to Ghz new RAM is kingston and same speed as old RAM After the upgrade the BIOS recognized the new RAM and went to the XP load screen with the load bar It then goes black and does not load to the desktop He has put in the old RAM Xp fully not loading put everything in different slots and every combination same results with all of the RAM Even the OLD RAM I suggested he boot in safe mode and that worked But he cannot get it to boot normally I suggested he boot from disk and that did NOT work Suggestions Reset CMOS I posted Xp not fully loading this in the hardware section and I think it may actually apply better to an XP issue I think for arguments sake we should assume that the RAM was installed successfully and is having other issues nbsp

A:Xp not fully loading

fixed. check hardware section for solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-fully-loading.634462/
Relevancy 33.11%

I got some stupid program surfsidekick on my computer then thought that i had removed it but i'm Cannot Fully Remove Ssk still getting heaps of annoying popups that will not go away and are slowing down my computer if anyone knows how to help i will grateful Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Cannot Fully Remove Ssk C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Cannot Fully Remove Ssk system UAService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe D Program Files Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe D Program Files Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe F Plauto exe D Program Files Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe D Program Files Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings WATT Desktop HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Global Startup hp psc series lnk O - Global Startup Photo Loader supervisory lnk F Plauto exe O - Winlogon Notify SysDM - C WINDOWS system en l hs dll O - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Network Monitor - Unknown owner - C Program Files Network Monitor netmon exe file missing O - Service Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service NPFMntor - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe O - Service SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service Symantec SPBBCSvc SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe O - Service Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe O - Service SecuROM User Access Servic... Read more

A:Cannot Fully Remove Ssk

Hello,It looks like you already fixed some entries yourself.... However, fixing in hijackthis doesn't delete files.. so not sure what is still present here.Perform next steps in the right order:* Download Brute Force Uninstaller.Unzip it to a folder of it?s own (c:\BFU).Read here how to unzip/extract properly:http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.htmlStart the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exeNext to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window you'll see a little icon as shown in next picture: When you click that icon, a little window will open that says: 'Please enter the full URL to the sript you want to execute'In the field, copy and paste next URL:http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfuClick Ok. Then click execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.Extra note:If nothing happens after pressing the Execute button, this means that the script didn't download. In that case, download the script ( alcanshorty.bfu ) manually from above url ( rightclick on it and choose 'save as' and save it in your BFU-folder). Then start BFU.exe again and click the browse button next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-windowBrowse to the script you downloaded and Click Ok and Execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press OK.Press exit to terminate the BFU program.Please download Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to your desktop.Close all windows before continuing.Double-click Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to run it.Put a check next to Run this program as a task. You will receive a message saying Look2Me-Destroyer will close and re-open in approximately 1 minute. Click OKWhen Look2Me-Destroyer re-opens, click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Destroyer will now shutdown your computer, click OK.Your computer will then shutdown.Turn your computer back on.If Look2Me-Destroyer does not reopen automatically, reboot and try again.If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.If you receive a runtime error '339' please download MSWINSCK.OCX from the link below and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 Directory.http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/MSWINSCK.OCX* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabClick the "Delete Cookies" buttonNext to it, Click the "Delete Files" buttonWhen prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).Click OK to close the Options window
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.* Perform an onlinescan with panda: (please use this scanner instead of any other scanner!)Panda Online- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button- A new window will open...click the Check Now button- Enter your Country- Enter your State/Province- Enter your e-mail address and click send- Select either Home User or Company- Click the big Scan Now button- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51120/cannot-fully-remove-ssk/
Relevancy 33.11%

HiI can't seem to get rid of Rid Help Surfsidekick Fully Getting 3 Of repairs dll which is part of surfsidekick i think I have gone through the nine steps Help Getting Fully Rid Of Surfsidekick 3 before posting and the step by step guide to removing surfsidekick and VCClient The latter went fine apart from hijackthis could not delete repairs dll - it gave this output An unexpected error has occurred at procedure modBackup MakeBackup sItem O - AppInit DLLs repairs dll Error - Invalid procedure call or argumentPlease email me at merijn spywareinfo com reporting the following What Help Getting Fully Rid Of Surfsidekick 3 you were trying to fix when the error occurred if applicable How you can reproduce the error A complete HijackThis scan log if possibleWindows version Windows NT MSIE version HijackThis version This message has been copied to your clipboard Click OK to continue the rest of the scan I tried letting Help Getting Fully Rid Of Surfsidekick 3 hijackthis to delete it upon reboot several times but that didn't work Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Alcohol Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC Program Files ZyDAS ZD g Utility ZDWlan exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files ZyDAS ZD g Utility ZDBrgApp EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Hijackthis HijackThis exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA Spybot SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Startup ZDWlan lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - ... Read more

A:Help Getting Fully Rid Of Surfsidekick 3

Hello Mol10 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's try Killboxing the file and thenrunning an Ewido scan. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following.Download Pocket Killbox and unzip it to your desktop.Double-click on KillBox.exe.Click "Delete on Reboot".Paste the line below into the top "Full Path of File to Delete" box.C:\WINDOWS\System32\repairs303169536.dllIf not greyed out click the checkbox for Unregister .dll Before DeletingClick the "Delete File" button which looks like a stop sign.Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt.Click "Yes" at the Delete next Reboot prompt.If you get a "PendingFileRenameOperations Registry Data has been Removed by External Process!" message then just restart manually.Now, download and install the trial version of the ewido security suite. Update the program and then close it. Do not run it yet.Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Start ewido and do the following:Click on the Scanner button.Click on the Complete System Scan.If anything is found you will be prompted to clean the first infected file found. Choose Clean and put a checkmark in the checkbox for Perform action on all infections and click the Ok button to continue the scan.When the scan is complete close ewido and reboot the computer normally.OK. start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Use the Add Reply button to post the Ewido log and your new HijackThis log file back here along with details of any problems you encountered performing the above steps and I will review it when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46826/help-getting-fully-rid-of-surfsidekick-3/
Relevancy 33.11%

Recently i got my pc from my cousin is activated fully that look ok Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -V -FGM - C T Windows Product Key Hash rmk OjF iZq gQoRmEcpnJHr oc Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E DC-A C- EFD-B C- A EC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp ldr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr fully activated x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By fully activated N A fully activated hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E DC-A C- EFD-B C- A EC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - C T lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt HP-Pavilion lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt FQ AAR-ABA a f lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FBF F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-WKS lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID cfd - a - af -af -ff d b b c Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL SpcService Web Service Machine Certificate URL RacService Web Service Use License URL UseLicenseService Web Service Product Key Certificate URL PkcService Web Service Partial Product Key C T License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Not Registered - x Admin Service Not Registered - x HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current MAAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQACAAAAAQABAAEA GFQ jA luSAJLRNBNu GI YD AE bH OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIO... Read more

A:fully activated

Sorry to tell you this but I think that computer was activated illegally, Searching for your key on Google has over 10,000 results (should be zero) even searching SevenForums for V9488-FGM44-2C9T3 turns up 79 results.

V9488-FGM44-2C9T3

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397640-fully-activated.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I've got Kaspersky Internet Security, so i thought about uninstalling my AVG free before setup, so i did, but i refused to reboot afterward (my PC reboots slowly and I'm not really a person with much patience), and tried to begin installing the KIS, but then it showed up a notification that i have to remove AVG, so I restarted the PC since AVG is already uninstalled, but after restarting and reinstalling, it still shows me the same notification... What is wrong, and how can i fix it?

A:Not fully uninstalled

Try the AVG Removal Tool.
http://www.avg.com/download-tools

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-fully-uninstalled-308891.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Please can some one help me my pc was working fine last night when I went to go on it this evening it would not boot fully so I tried to boot it in safe mode and all the other modes avalible but it would not work.
I pressed F10 to reset but that failed as well I am running windows xp it never came with a recovery disc when i first bought my computer.
Please can someone help me!

Relevancy 33.11%

My current problem is that Windows XP won't start in any mode (normal or safe). It runs through the Windows XP splash screen (with the black background) then almost get's to where the user list would be displayed however it doesn't quite make it. It stops on the Windows XP logo with the blue background.

The way this seemed to have happened was that I was trying to install Itunes and it kept failing because of registry permission issues. I tried fixing these permissions and it seemed to take. The install of Itunes continued to fail because quicktime (which is apparently required) would not install properly. Some issue with the Windows Installer not right. So, I followed Microsoft's advice and I changed the registry for the location of that class and rebooted. This is when the fun started.

So, any advice?

A:XP won't fully boot

Use system restore to go back to before you messed with the registry.
Here are the instructions for starting System Restore from the command prompt:

Start your computer by selecting Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
When the command prompt is displayed, type the following: [systemroot]\system32\restore\rstrui.exe (the system root folder is the folder to which you installed the XP operating system files, usually c:\windows).

Press Enter

Now you can follow the instructions on the screen to use System Restore

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404689/xp-wont-fully-boot/
Relevancy 33.11%

I've just started to investigate DVD technology and sifting through all of the various app notes I haven't been able to quickly find information for the following two questions.

1. I understand the DVD-writers use different formats DVD-R,DVD+R,DVD-RAM, etc..., when recording information, however I do not understand why different recording media is needed. Basically what's the difference between a blank DVD-R disk, and a blank DVD+R disk?

2. Why can't the software use the DVD burners to map an original DVD video in DVD-Video format, onto a blank DVD in DVD-Video format. Why do I have to choose between DVD-R, and DVD+R, why can't I replicate the DVD-Video format exactly, bit for bit, using the existing or modified hardware?

I have been able to copy DVDs successfully, these questions are just for my understanding. An answer is not needed, a web site to access the information would be sufficient.

A:DVD-R, DVD+R, Not fully Grasped

the jest of it is sony, phillips and crew came up withe standard of dvd-r, then your lesser companys said we want a differant format dvd+r your lesser company drives and players sell cheaper so they are more prevelant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-dvd-r-not-fully-grasped.153140/
Relevancy 33.11%

I just did a fresh pc build all new parts and is put together correct and I put in my O S boot disk and help. please not install... fully O/S will it goes through the loading files but when it gets to the quot starting windows quot and the next screen should be quot license agreement quot the screen just goes black I tried the same disk in another pc and acted like i was booting from it and it went to the install perfectly Not sure what the issue could be If anyone has experienced this please let me know -Build- CPU i bloomfield O/S will not fully install... please help. Mobo EVGA e -a way sli GPU EVGA gtx CD-ROM Lite on Blueray Dvd-rw dvd-rom cd-rw cd-w Ram CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Hard drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB Powersupply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS -ACAAE -US W ATX V v Case COOLER MASTER HAF Monitor SAMSUNG EX X Glossy Black quot ms LED Backlight LCD Monitor

A:O/S will not fully install... please help.

1) Try with 2gm of Ram.

2) If you have onboard video, remove video card.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281492-o-s-will-not-fully-install-please-help.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I would like to know if there is a way to fully uninstall a program. I realized that sometime if i uninstalled a program, that i wouldn't have to enter in the product key/serial again, so this must mean that info is still being stored on my PC (like the registry).
Just something i would like to know how to do.

Relevancy 33.11%

Is there any where can i know wether i am fully utilizing my core i5 750 4GB Ram using Win 7 64 bit....

Are there any where i can know if i am fully using my 4GB RAM...Many thnx

A:How to know fully Utilized my PC

Quote: Originally Posted by saf79

Is there any where can i know wether i am fully utilizing my core i5 750 4GB Ram using Win 7 64 bit....

Are there any where i can know if i am fully using my 4GB RAM...Many thnx

That's sort of a mixed question.

You can install a gadget that will display how much memory and CPU you are using at any given moment. However, maxing out your memory and CPU is not a good thing. It will freeze your system, waiting for the application to finish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/111389-how-know-fully-utilized-my-pc.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys.

I have 2.00 GB of RAM on my PC.
But in brackets I can see (1.75 GB usable).

Why is that?

A:My PC RAM is not fully usable

Some of the ram is dedicated or other use
dedicated ram as in rams that the graphic card has exclusive use to all the times

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/132919-my-pc-ram-not-fully-usable.html
Relevancy 33.11%

This days we have being getting lot of issues. About hp pav dv6 not shuting down fully,when you send command to shutdown,the screen goes off but,the power led still on,coolin fan still working,touchpad lite still on,it will be like that until u remove ba3 or hard shutdown

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/dv6-not-shuting-down-fully/td-p/5650721
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi

I'm having problems with my personal PC. When it boots up, the only thing that I get on the desktop is the Wallpaper screen.

None of my desktop icon appear and neither does the Task Manager bar. Control, Alt and Delete doesn't allow me to log off. I can only log off by powering the PC off at the mains. Switching back on again and pressing F8 to login in safe mode doesn't work either.

Could you please advise?

Regards

Relevancy 33.11%

hi I am using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall I also installed malwarebytes anti-malware superantispyware spywareblaster keyscrambler comodo sandboxing secunia PSI Is it OVER or are there softwares that has the same function REDUNDUNCY of function Is it just enough Or do I lack any other softwares so that I will be fully protected I also have a question regarding the comodo sandboxing which common sense tells me the answer but I just want to be extra sure about it so here it goes lets say I browsed a website inside comodo which has all sorts of virus worms Trojans and everything then after browsing I Press quot RESET SANDBOX quot Will it be perfectly safe for me to browse anything since the purpose of sandboxing is to trap everyrhing inside then delete it afterwards Thank you all so much I got educated a lot with regards to threats and how to protect the health of your computer in just less than a week Thank you again nbsp

A:Am I fully Protected?

You will want to install Microsoft's EMET. It is an anti-exploit tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am-i-fully-protected.1097407/
Relevancy 33.11%

bought 250GB HD WD250. Bios recognizes it as 250GB but in windows disk defragmenter it shows 128GB. Is it really giving me my 250GB and its just a display probelm? or is there a way to fix?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi
I posted this problem a while back and got a result which seemed to work but only until i closed down and restarted my computer when the problem reappeared. When I open Internet Explorer it only opens as a 'toolbar' across the top of the screen and I have to maximise it manually. Any subsequent pages also open only as a bar across the top. My last thread suggested maximising and then going to file and pressing ctrl and exit. This cured the problem and any pages opened were in full screen but when I turned my computer on the next day the problem was back.
Can anyone help please?

A:ie not opening fully

This time instead of maximizing via the button, see if you can "grab" a corner of what's visible and holding down the left mouse clicker, drag the image to a full screen. Press Alt, thereby viewing menu bar. Hold Alt and close as previously mentioned (not the close button). Remember, IE opens in it's last closed state, so if you've minimized or placed in the taskbar, that's where it will open.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-not-opening-fully-584651.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a feeling that when i start my computer, its not fulling finishing loading the programs in windows.. It can be slow physically, but mostly I notice that when in task manager, under processes, it doesnt even show the username.

I've noticed it before when a program would lock up at the begining and hold the rest of em up somehow... But I went into msconfig and unchecked everything, then rechecked what I knew was needed..

Its still doing that...

I also read once upon a time that norton antivirus has troubles starting when there is Creative software loading, so I go rid of the creative stuff.. Nothing different happened so I get rid of NAV (I got a new copy from the store, anyways)...
Just trying to figure it out.. I can still get on and do everything normal, but its just bugging me..

-bD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-fully-starting-up.381853/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have installed a second 320GB HD on my computer, (the first, C drive is 80 GB).
The jumpers / cables and power supply are OK. BIOS detects this HD as 136 GB only. When i goto 'my computer' - this drive is shown as a DVD-RAM drive E. drive D is shown as the CD drive
When i goto properities in the C drive, under the 'hardware' tab, i can see this new drive listed at approx the corect size - 305 GB.
My motherboard is Ecs Elitegroup. I updated the BIOS with no change.

Please help.

Relevancy 33.11%

I have just installed Win XP Pro onto a PC that succesfully runs Win Now firstly I have played around with XP in the past and not had a problem using this very same PC The not down PC power will fully specs are Athlon Barton XP mb DDR RAM sorry I foget the actual speed mb Nvidia GeForce MX Seagate gb IDE hard disk Gigabyte VAXP-A Ultra motherboard XP runs great until it is time to shut down It goes well with no error PC will not power down fully messages However once the monitor powers down the hard drive is still whirring away I ve tried leaving it for a couple of hours but it still did not power down properly As I mentioned before Win and XP have not done this before Now the strange bit If I move the mouse - a Logitech cordless optical mouse - the drive will then properly shut down I have seen this happen before but it was a long itme ago using an old gb drive PC will not power down fully with Win I seem to recall I changed a registry setting and it sorted the problem out that time Trouble is I cannot remember what that setting was So finally the main question Does anybody know the whereabouts of the registry power down settings for Win XP Pro nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-will-not-power-down-fully.566361/
Relevancy 33.11%

hey I m having a major problem with my DVD-ROM drive I put a dvd in it fully functional DVD-ROM not and try and watch the dvd but the drive doesn t even read the dvd I ve put a music cd in the drive and it didn t read it either I ve tried finding a place to update my drivers but i m having a problem finding a place I m not sure what kinda of drive I have I got this computer as a gift- all it says when i check out the driver properties and that is IDE DVD-ROM X I ve searched that DVD-ROM not fully functional out on google and i ve come across ATAPI downloads and some ASUS driver downloads as well I DO have an asus motherboard Anway whats up with my dvd-rom Any help would be greatly appreciated its been like this for almost half a year or more now ohh and i forgot to mention I have Windows XP professional just if that helps nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi There  please help went to turn it on today screen lights up black background with Dell logo and timer circle just keeps whirring round and  round almost two hours now. sounds like all internal security live but that it.
please can you provide solution
Jonathan

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996407
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been having problems with Activex. I also started getting messages in Firefox saying something (I no longer have it) about my profile and security. I deleted Firefox as it stopped working...always going to the same page, although an innocuous one so it didn't seem like a hijack. I tried to reload Firefox but kept getting messages about the failure of the language pack to load. I then tried to update IE to 7. I am told that Windows needs actvating. This was done over a year ago. I can't download anything as a consequence. Activex won't download.
My copy of Windows is 100% legal (I use a Dell laptop).
I am lost.

A:But I'm already fully active!

I am not sure what's happening, I don't know much about Firefox, sorry
I do know a few things that can keep you from installing/running an Active X control.
Open Internet Explorer, or Control Panel, and click Internet Options. On the security tab, check the settings under custom level to make sure you are being prompted to install Active X and also that you are allowing a signed Active X control to run. Open a new browser window, and try to install it again. You should see a banner drop down below the address bar that you can click and chose to allow the Active X.
You can also click tools/manage add ons and see if maybe the Active X is already installed, but disabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/but-im-already-fully-active-119811.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have an older celeron 800 mhz with 512 ram 80 gig HD. I am doing a clean install of xp PRo. HD is clean and formatted by windows (NTFS). I can start the install process fine but when the Install program goes to reboot and start second phase of the install the Windows screen comes on for a second and the computor reboots. I have tried a number of CDROMS, changed the RAM and I cannot get windows to start second phase of the install.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:xp won't fully install help please

What type of hard drive? Is this the same hard drive that you have been using in this computer or a new one? What brand name of hard drive? How are the jumpers set on the drive (if IDE)? Where on the ribbon cable is this drive (if IDE)? Are you using an 80 connector cable (if IDE)?

I would go to the drive manufacturer's utility (website of manufacturer) and download their utility and use that to prepare the drive for format and install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-fully-install-help-please-175787.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey there
I got a single question before I decide to upgrade to 7: will I be able to run all applications that work in xp, and will they run at least as fast as they did in xp?
(and by "all applications" I mean homebrew stuff that didn't even work under vista, explorer shell extensions, etc..)
Thanks in advance

A:Is 7 fully compatible with xp?

Chances are they will, but then again, you may run into the occasional program that may not... why not setup a dual boot configuration to cover all of your bases though??

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/27407-7-fully-compatible-xp.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Win XP
NAV 2003

When i play a game sometimes i get interupted with the message windows out memory, updating that space file. Well i know NAV hogs up recources...so i wanna know how to end NAV fully....not just disable autoprotect. But be able when im done to load it again. Also, i have all programs closed....are there any other "unnecesary processes running that is safe to end? Thanx

Relevancy 33.11%

Experienced neighborhood power blackout. xp pro sp 2 now boots all the way through login to user wallpaper screen and stops. No icons, start, or scripts running, just a pretty picture of sand and surf. Safe mode boot gets to login screen and when selection is made the start line tries to pop up then goes away to black screen. Is this repairable or is reload and data loss my future? Sorry, not all that computer literate either.

A:xp will not fully load

boot to your XP disk and follow the installation steps... when you get the choice to hit R for repair... this should get you started...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-will-not-fully-load-175238.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi

I have a Win 8 laptop with Core i7 3rd Gen,1 TB HD, 8 GB Ram, My ram is occupied fully most of the time.During Idle time, Ram usage is 6.7/8 GB.When I work with softwares like Netbeans or photoshop, It reaches even 7.9 GB!!! I use Nortron Internet Security for Protection. Could that be a cause for this huge consumption ? 
I have only one tab open in Chrome as I write this.However, my memory uasge is shown below.

If need be, I am willing to share more data.

What could be the probable cause for this ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

A:8 gb RAM is fully taken most of the time

Why have 8 GB of RAM if you don't want the system to use it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501507/8-gb-ram-is-fully-taken-most-of-the-time/
Relevancy 33.11%

Here is my post before and now with the newest detail last Quotes and italic text is from my original thread The text in won't fully pc load just HELP, plain font and not surrounded by quotes is from today new info All the way after all this is the DDS text quot Hey you guys I have an odd problem at least as far as I know it is Had this laptop for about yrs now had to reinstall windows a few months ago Dog chewed the CDs so only used the first CD and some things I had to add myself Still have volume issues cannot fix it But w HELP, pc just won't fully load e that's just a background I had some issues with blue screens and freezings used a bunch of free software HELP, pc just won't fully load from Windows and other trusted places and those finally stopped But one issue has persisted Windows HELP, pc just won't fully load updates and restarts sometimes all on it's own in the middle of the night I usually leave the laptop on now It took too long to get going and sometimes it would not start right Win updates rarely equal a full restart most times I wake up and find the laptop stuck I have the Gateway Tablet so the blue start screen is there and the on screen touch keyboard is displayed I have to force it off by holding the power button Whenever I have to restart it forced or properly it always fails and freezes the first time around It will let me on and start to load but then it will just sit there The apps I click never load and the Task Manager pops up but after that everything freezes I have to force it off Now most of the time after this second start it will load w o any issues and all is well But today I had to force it off twice before I was able to use the computer Anyone know why this double start is going on As far as I can tell there are no viruses or anything else currently on my PC and any checks all say everything is clean and or running just fine Help quot quot Noticed a new quirk to this Could not get Admin to fully load not freeze so I went into the guest account Guest has PW Admin doesn't Admin ended up being the main account I use Guest loaded fast and easily moved all files to an external HD and then logged off and clicked Admin Now it loaded fairly alright Is it possible there's a virus of some kind f-ing with me and causing it Any way to scrub clean everything on the Admin section delete all pics videos and other non-necessary files If not I'm going to manually remove everything and just use the guest If the issue spreads I'll just install Linux and call it quits not going to fight or shell out I don't have just to keep WinXP quot This is the newest info Had to shut down the laptop last night because of a huge storm Woke up this morning to fight with my laptop to get it back on and it took force shut downs and frozen starts before something started working Then we tried this in the Run- quot C Windows I winnt exe quot A screen came up to reinstall Windows but after it shut down it failed further I had to press the Power button and a command line screen showed with Windows or Windows Pro to select from Pro was high lighted and that will start itself unless I choose the other But when choosing the Pro just a black screen with an underscore at the top left blinks that's all If I choose the regular Windows it's back to picking my account but still neither load fully I found my old bitten CDs but the pc told me they were not compatible with my machine even though they used to I do not want any other OS of Windows than XP I had to use my fiance's Win Ultimate and boy do I just hate it So it's either fix my poor laptop or get Linux which Linux is fine but some things just won't work with it Oh no programs running that I know of it does tend to hide stuff from me and won't allow me to run or close some things at random times I am also having a problem connecting Yahoo Messenger even though everything is set correctly and Adobe cannot 'connect to the net' even though I am online I am in Safe Mode scan was done in Saf... Read more

A:HELP, pc just won't fully load

New development.
Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in Safe Mode, it found 5 PUP issues, net told me to ignore them. And one Trojan.Dropper that I selected to remove. It told me to restart the PC and it started up fine. That black screen with the Win and Win Pro selection is still there, ugh, but the pc loads. No idea how long this will last, I've done this before and eventually it messed up again.
How do I keep it from happening again? I have Comodo.
It has some files in Quarantine, should I select to Delete them all or just leave them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-pc-just-wont-fully-load-660063.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi for fully post won't PC a couple of weeks now my pc has been struggling to fully post I can get to the BIOS and everthing seems okay there but when I exit BIOS or let the pc start up normally it gets stuck at th motherboard screen The press f PC won't fully post or del to enter bios stuff disappears as it should but then nothing else happens So far I have been able to get it to post eventually but its taking many more tries When it does fully post I find I dont PC won't fully post have all my ram available I have gig sticks but am only getting gigs of ram total I've teasted the sticks by checking them each individually and the result is the same plus I end up with only gigs of ram if I only have one of the gigs in I have pressed the ram test button and it says its fine I have taken out the battery shorted the pins and then replaced the battery but it hasn't helped When the pc does fully post there are no problems other than the ram I have an asus sabertooth fx motherboard and an amd fx core processor

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625793/pc-wont-fully-post/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

When i do a defrag it wont do thw whole thing.

It stops at about 61% then says "Not all files could be defrag" and that it will show un-defragmented file in report but i cant see any files.

You can clearly see that there are more files that need defragmenting but it wont do it.

Can you please help,

Thank you very much,

Scott

Relevancy 33.11%

I have a VPN firewall setup, but when I connect to the VPN, I can get an IP address but I am unable to connect to other computers on the network (ie. a file share on a server). I have tried by the IP of the server and by the hostname. I can get to the router using the "internal" address though, which I found strange.

The setup is as follows:

Local network: 192.168.x.x
VPN network: 10.x.x.x

I don't have any special "routing" going on between the VPN "VLAN" and the rest of the network - is that something I need to do? I was under the impression that the router would take care of that automatically.

A:VPN not fully functional

So the 10 and 192 devices are all on the same layer 2 network (VLAN)?

If they are, is the default gateway for the 192 devices the same as the VPN firewall?

If all of the above are yes, have you confirmed any of the 192 hosts are actually receiving any comms from the 10 VPN client by sniffing the traffic at the host?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-not-fully-functional.1058556/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have spyware on my workstation that I can t seem to get rid of I ve run CWShredder Ad-aware and fully Can't get rid spyware of Spybot S amp D many Can't fully get rid of spyware times After each scan my comp seems fine but later on in the day the pop-ups and such problems begin to reappear Please help Here is a current HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis Can't fully get rid of spyware v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System dpmw exe C WINNT system NWTRAY EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINNT system nesapq exe Can't fully get rid of spyware C Program Files Ebates MoeMoneyMaker EbatesMoeMoneyMaker exe C Program Files Gaim gaim exe C Program Files Ebates MoeMoneyMaker EbatesMoeMoneyMaker exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings shertz Desktop Spyware HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http w hgsi com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http w hgsi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Human Genome Sciences R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http w hgsi com proxy pac O - BHO no name - -B C - A - F -F C D FAD - C WINNT localNRD dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADC E -B - E -D - D C B - C WINNT system gfar dll file missing O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NDPS C WINNT System dpmw exe O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run lhqbshqcgnoh C WINNT system nesapq exe O - HKLM Run wdskctl C WINNT wdskctl exe O - HKLM Run BullsEye Network C Program Files BullsEye Network bin bargains exe O - HKLM Run EbatesMoeMoneyMaker C Program Files Ebates MoeMoneyMaker EbatesMoeMoneyMaker exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Symantec Fax Starter Edition Port lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item Ebates - file C Program Files Ebates MoeMoneyMaker Sy Tp scri a htm O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http w hgsi com O - Trusted Zone skoobidoo com O - Trusted Zone windupdates com O - DPF Documentum Content Transfer Applets - http dmsapppr hgsi com mfgedms wdk contentXfer DwContentXfer cab O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cab O - DPF B AF- D - D -B - Macromedia Authorware Web Player Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs authorware awswax cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF A D F- E- D -A - C F FB - http download microsoft com download vizact Install WIN Me EN-US msorun cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF D A-B A- C C-AEA - B A DFCB iTunesDetector Class - http phobos apple com detection ITDetector cab O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http utu popcap com games popcaploader v cab nbsp

A:Can't fully get rid of spyware

Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00320615-B6C2-40A6-8F99-F1C52D674FAD} - C:\WINNT\localNRD.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6ADC3E77-B440-2E95-D601-6D550C827B15} - C:\WINNT\system32\gfar.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lhqbshqcgnoh] C:\WINNT\system32\nesapq.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wdskctl] C:\WINNT\wdskctl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BullsEye Network] C:\Program Files\BullsEye Network\bin\bargains.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EbatesMoeMoneyMaker0] C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker\EbatesMoeMoneyMaker0.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Ebates - file://C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.htm
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.skoobidoo.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com
Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".

Restart in safe mode

Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders" Click "Apply" then "OK".

Delete these folders:
C:\Program Files\BullsEye Network
C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker

Delete these files:
C:\WINNT\wdskctl.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\nesapq.exe

Go to Start, Run type %temp% press enter, empty the entire contents of that folder.

Empty your recycle bin.

Reboot.

Download the new version of Hijackthis and post another log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-fully-get-rid-of-spyware.297504/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi There was this Privitze VPN file which I found in the add remove program At first there were problems with the settings of my broswer but i think i have fixed most of the issues I also removed an adware called zoomex net or something like that I don t think I have fully removed the malware though Need help this is my new laptop and i don t want to mess it up already Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Alvin at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated ADA C - F - Privitize removed sure if VPN not fully - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F Privitize VPN not sure if fully removed F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW McAfee Firewall Enabled DA E - - D - - AD FE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS InstantOn for NB InsOnSrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x ASUS InstantOn for NB InsOnWMI exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files ASUS P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS FaceLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Virtual Touch QuickGesture x QuickGesture exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Virtual Touch QuickGesture x QuickGesture exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x ASUS USBChargerPlus USBChargerPlus exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Users Alvin AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Users Alvin AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x BitTorrent BitTorrent exe C Program Files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON ex... Read more

A:Privitize VPN not sure if fully removed

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483031/privitize-vpn-not-sure-if-fully-removed/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have removed much of the Zero access virus from my father-in-law s comptuer but entries in MBAM will not remove Entries that will not remove are C Windows Installer e c b - - -f - c cd a able ZeroAccess remove fully to Not U Rootkit Zaccess C Windows Installer e c b - - -f - Not able to remove ZeroAccess fully c cd a U Trojan Dropper BCMiner MBAM says they remove but on rescan they come back I thought about CACLing these files but was unsure if that was safe TDSSKiller shows everything clean I have scanned with Autoruns and unchecked a suspicious entry Entry WPFFontCache v Description c windows microsoft net framework c WPFFontCache v exe Publisher Empty Not able to remove ZeroAccess fully Location File Not Found c windows microsoft net framework c WPFFontCache v exe Entry has not been reenabled after restart I see nothing suspicious in HijackThis Not able to remove ZeroAccess fully or in Process Explorer Below are the DSS Logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by charles at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows Explorer exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp by w bay mail live com default aspx wa wsignin mStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Do Not Track eef-cb f- f-afeb-d e a b ba - c program files avg avg avgdtiex dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar b c- c f- bf -b - a - c program files avg secure search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program file... Read more

A:Not able to remove ZeroAccess fully

As a side note - after removing this through MBAM about 4 times after posting this and rebooting I did another scan and they did not come back. I would still appreciate a review of the above logs to make sure I didn't miss anything.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463170/not-able-to-remove-zeroaccess-fully/
Relevancy 32.68%

Quote:
The bad news: More than 2,000 highly-trafficked Web sites are still not compatible with Internet Explorer 8 and require IE?s Compatibility View support to display properly. The good news: That is down from about 3,100 sites a year ago.

The new data is courtesy of a March 2 post on the Microsoft IE blog.

A year ago, when Microsoft first released Internet Explorer (IE) 8, it got kudos for making its browser somewhat more standards-compliant than previous versions. But increasing standards compatibility meant more incompatibility, as many Web-site developers had tweaked their sites to take advantage of far less standards-friendly IE 6 and IE7 and weren?t in any rush to make changes to accommodate IE 8.

Source -
Microsoft: More than 2,000 major Web sites still not fully compatible with IE 8 | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

A:Web sites still not fully compatible with IE 8.

That's slightly misleading, some sites (like ours) just have IE compatibility mode enabled not because they are incompatible with IE8, but just so there are less browsers to test against.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/68136-web-sites-still-not-fully-compatible-ie-8-a.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I got my P a few weeks ago and yesterday its LCD went half black OK this happens I turned it into authorized premium repair center and they got LCD replaced as my P is under warranty No big be fully LCD completed cannot P50 replacement with... deal However they could not re-calibrate the new LCD screen because I do not run Windows on my P running Kubuntu It would not be a big deal either the Panel Replacement Utility they have does not run on Linux but I can live without that however there is one worrying thing by my request they printed Lenove repair instructions for me where it is stated that Failing to run the Panel Replacement Utility program will require another LCD panel replacement Please note P50 LCD replacement cannot be fully completed with... will require My interpretation of this statement is that LCD will fail again unless I run this Panel Replacement Utility which requires Windows not Linux version exists Repair guys could not comment on that in either direction REALLY So despite the fact that nor P user guide nor P50 LCD replacement cannot be fully completed with... warranty description limit me from using non-Windows OS the P cannot be repaired to be used in full capacity unless I use Windows Do I miss anything Is this an official position of Lenovo on non-Windows OS use on ThinkPad P

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-LCD-replacement-cannot-be-fully-completed-without-Windows/td-p/3351660
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Let me begin by stating that I will donate to Tech Support Guy if someone is able to successfully solve my problem First some general info on my computer Dell Latitude D Notebook purcahsed in January of Windows XP Home - SP GB RAM GB RPM HDD Pentium M Dothan GHZ MEGB Second a little background on the events leading to the problem I m a heavy Internet user about hours per day of blogging social media stuff web based email downloading music files video etc Typically I leave my computer continually running for several days at a time Last week Jan I rebooted my system after about days of continual use and this is what happened and is still happening step by step guide I turn on my computer and the computer begins to boot normally from the Dell logo to the Windows XP logo Once the Blue Welcome Screen appears I see the following error load XP to fully Fails message WLKeeper exe - Application Error The Instruction at quot XP Fails to fully load x quot referenced memory at quot x a be quot The memory could not be quot written quot If I click cancel the OS continues to load even producing Microsoft s trademark startup sound and displaying the default background screen of the fields and mountains against a blue sky However as the programs are loading and the explorer bar at the bottom of the screen loads I receive a second error message stating Explorer EXE - Application Error The instruction at quot x XP Fails to fully load d d quot referenced XP Fails to fully load memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot written quot When I click next or cancel I receive another window called quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger quot If I click don t send my laptop then just shows the default Microsoft background without the taskbar programs folders or files etc Additionally I am unable to right click on the desktop or use any of the function alt control keys which in-turn renders my computer useless My gut tells me I have been infected with spyware or malware However that s for you to determine Some system settings and software installed enabled at time of crash Norton Anti-Virus was enabled XP Firewall enabled - additionally my Linksys router has a built-in firewall it is CAT not a wireless router Internet Explorer with medium security preferences My laptop does Not have an adminstrator password or system user passwrd What I ve done so far to try and resolve this problem prior to contacting you all CHKDSK everything is good Ran Full Diganostics everything is good Ran full repair of Windows XP What I need I am looking to fix this problem and get XP at least functioning again Please note that I have no way for this laptop to connect to the Internet Also when providing assistance please be precise as possible Many thanks for your time and support nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

The start up process stops while drivers are loaded This is the last thing that happens after a series of events -I tried to reinstall a HP C AIO using the package downloaded from HP after I had to uninstall the not starting 7 fully Windows printer -it didn't work any longer- that I had installed with the package for Vista -when restarting W the process stopped with a strange message quot ema deportivo quot meanwhile Registry Mechanic cleared some files and links and dlls it considered quot dead quot -I tried to repair W startup repair restore But if once it seemed to work at the next startup I saw the same scenario -after several attempts even a safe start is no longer possible -moreover roundly once in every attempts to restart my RAID HD is no longer seen there is not a BIOS problem as i have a Vista on an Windows 7 not fully starting other partition on the same PC and it works normally I'm looking for a different solution than reformatting the partition and reinstall W

A:Windows 7 not fully starting

You may try a Repair Install .... but there may be some other ways to fix it . Asking for some more advise on this issue .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/172915-windows-7-not-fully-starting.html
Relevancy 32.68%

somebody has ripped off the superbar for windows xp except that in xp it's fully transparent and i think it looks better. is there anything to make the ACTUAL superbar in seven fully transparent?

A:Fully transparent taskbar?

what do you mean by fully transparent?

the stripes and end blurs can be removed, but i don't think anyone has figured out how to remove the blur yet...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/18776-fully-transparent-taskbar.html
Relevancy 32.68%

my system is windows xp pro.sometimes when i try to download pics from net
they will not open fully after clicking thumbnail,so i only get half of same.could someone please help me out here.thanking you.

A:thumbnail not open fully .jpg

Often pictures "on the net" are actually placed as several parts, as half or quarter images.

Sounds like thats what you are finding.

Its done to stop people downloading them (all images are copyright unless it states they are not).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thumbnail-not-open-fully-jpg.246737/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have tried many times to completely install windows home premium on a laptop and having many problems The laptop was given to me cleaned and i had a reinstall disc or whatever its called One of the many Cant windows fully install attempts i got it installed installed an anti-virus drivers from the Cant install windows fully manufacturers site but then i got some type of blue screen that was small The suggestion from memory was that one of the drivers wasn t right and as i got two laptops that were both acer's i thought 'ah i have to get in and uninstall one of the drivers to make this work' as thats what happened with the other laptop But most of the time i boot in the process of trying to install anything yes i tried linux as well and that was the only successful flawless install i get nothing on the screen I hear sounds the laptop is making but seems maybe not all the sounds it should be making I find the acer drivers install drivers confusing as there are more than one driver for a device So never sure which one I know there is software to id each device on a machine but i am out of date with that info being primarily a linux user Anyway had several attempts to install windows and i get to a certain point then it stalls The last attempt it stalled at the progress meter and ummm cant remember what it said I will have to load a photo if i c an here Sorry havent used this site much in years and trying to help out a friend to give the laptop to so excuse my lack of remembering terms Plus i have a genuine neurological condition So please dont hate on me as thats happened way too many times on this forum The meaning of life is to be happy and useful Tenzin Gyatso the th Dalai Lama

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/cant-install-windows-fully/19599.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Right i was surfing away and my Comp froze whilst on my internet banking (Hence my concern) so i had to hold down the power button to get it off. Once i have tried re-booting it starts but when it gets to the windows XP loading screen it turns off completely! and keeps doing so.

Please help

A:CPU froze, now won't boot up fully

Ok i left it for 5 minutes and this time it managed to get to my desktop screen and then...BAM...power off completely!

Just to note this has never happened before today

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-froze-now-wont-boot-up-fully.129401/
Relevancy 32.68%

please go through this for me someone
mucho appreciation

A:mywebsearch need to fully delete

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERENOTE: please copy and paste the logs into your reply instead of attaching them. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251694/mywebsearch-need-to-fully-delete/
Relevancy 32.68%

this computer i am trying to fix is more than infected i am about to just back everything up and format My Malawarebytes infected fully computer won't even load and the back ground on my desktop was unchangeable until i ran combo fix but now i get a message when i restart the computer that the logon exe is missing I ran hijack here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost computer fully infected exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe logon exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run DLBXCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLBXtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run bavarojur Rundll exe c windows system yijokuwu dll a O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware C Mrr mbamgui exe install silent O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugins NPSWF FlashUtil exe -p O - HKUS S- - - Run porakopoya Rundll exe hamoremo dll s User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system winhelper dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system winhelper dll O - AppInit DLLs c windows system yijokuwu dll tugivugi dll O - SSODL romiwekoh - c fd - - e- df - b e ce f - c windows system yijokuwu dll O - SharedTaskScheduler jugezatag - c fd - - e- df - b e ce f - c windows system yijokuwu dll O - Service Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service dlbx device - Dell - C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service LightScribeService - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe O - Service McciCMService - Motive Communications Inc - C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service SiSoftware Database Agent Service SandraDataSrv - SiSoftware - C Program Files SiSoftware SiSoftware Sandra Lite XI SP a Win RpcDataSrv exe O - Service SiSoftware Sandra Agent Service SandraTheSrv - SiSoftware - C Program Files SiSoftware SiSoftware Sandra Lite XI SP a RpcSandraSrv exe -- End of file - bytes

A:computer fully infected

alright close this thread i am formatting

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276890/computer-fully-infected/
Relevancy 32.68%

The link on this site is not working so is it possible without using any software ? they say it's for x64 only at the moment, but still no one can find the link..
Source :

Download Aero Glass (Transparent) Theme For Windows 7

Screenshot :

A:Fully Transparent Theme ?

Quote: Originally Posted by evil nemesis

The link on this site is not working so is it possible without using any software ? they say it's for x64 only at the moment, but still no one can find the link..
Source :

Download Aero Glass (Transparent) Theme For Windows 7

Screenshot :

Check post # 465 here Themes For Windows 7
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/145481-fully-transparent-theme.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I turn the computer on, am prompted to pick an account to log into (even though there is only 1), put in the password, it "logs in" and shows the desktop background and immediately logs off and goes back to the screen for me to pick an account and put in a password.

I've rebooted in safe mode to go in as admin, same luck.

Running XP Pro. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-fully-boot.724942/